时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hey, Jake, | 嘿 Jake |
[00:01] | guess who just called me? | 猜猜看谁打了我电话 |
[00:02] | The Jerky Boys. They’re back! | <捣蛋双宝> 他们回来了 |
[00:04] | No. What? | 不是 你说什么啊 |
[00:06] | – No. – No. | – 不是这个 – 不是啊 |
[00:07] | D.C. Parlov. He’s in town for LegendCon, | D.C. Parlov 他因为要参加传奇展会而回城里 |
[00:09] | and he has a case for us! | 并且他有一个案子要交给我们 |
[00:11] | Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God! | 哦 我的天呐 我的天呐 我的天呐 |
[00:13] | Parlov? Didn’t he write those “Skyfire” Books? | Parlov 他不是写<天火循环>系列的作者吗 |
[00:14] | I thought he turned out to be a jerk. | 我以为他本人实际上是个混球 |
[00:16] | Yeah, but ever since Jake and I saved his life, | 没错 但自从Jake和我救了他的命 |
[00:18] | he’s actually been very nice. | 他就变得非常和善了 |
[00:20] | He even sent me a Christmas gift. | 他甚至还送了我一个圣诞礼物 |
[00:21] | A full-scale replica of the sword of Opadoma. | 一把全尺寸的Opadoma之剑的模型 |
[00:25] | – Unh! – Why are you so excited? | – 呃 – 你为什么这么兴奋 |
[00:27] | You don’t care about those stupid books. | 你不关心这种蠢书 |
[00:28] | I actually did read all of them in prison. | 事实上我在监狱里把它们读完了 |
[00:30] | They are the greatest books I’ve ever read, | 这些是我读过的最棒的书 |
[00:31] | and I’ve read “Cujo.” | 我可是读过<狂犬惊魂>的人 |
[00:33] | Jake and I really bonded over “Skyfire.” | Jake和我真的是因为<天火循环>而心心相印 |
[00:35] | – Yeah. – Watch this. | – 没错 – 看好了 |
[00:36] | Favorite moment in the series? | 这系列书中最喜欢的片段是什么 |
[00:38] | The summoning of Balacastro. | Balacastro的召唤 |
[00:40] | – Second favorite? – The Scarlet Feast! | – 第二喜欢的呢 – 猩红盛宴 |
[00:42] | Third favorite? | 第三喜欢的呢 |
[00:43] | When you thought Ka’lar had been swallowed by the Norolith, | 在你以为Ka’lar被Norolith吞下的时候 |
[00:46] | but had just switched armor with Samling the Betrayer | 他其实和叛徒Samling调换了盔甲 |
[00:49] | in the battle of Vorcastle. | 就在Vorcastle之战中 |
[00:52] | Fourth favorite? | 第四喜欢的呢 |
[00:52] | Three was plenty. So was zero. | 三个就足够了 一个没有也挺好的 |
[00:54] | Okay, I can see that you’re skeptical, Rosa, | 好吧 Rosa 我也知道你很怀疑 |
[00:56] | but how about this: come with us on the case! | 那么这样如何 和我们一起来办这个案子 |
[00:58] | I know you think it’s dumb, | 我知道你觉得它很蠢 |
[00:59] | but “Skyfire” Is actually very smart and dark and adult. | 但是<天火循环>的文风是真的是兼具灵性与黑暗并且还成人 |
[01:02] | It’s not for nerds at all. | 这完全不是给书呆子读的 |
[01:04] | Ooh! On our way there, | 哦 在我们去那里的路上 |
[01:05] | should we sing the elvish hunting song? | 我们应该唱精灵狩猎曲吗 |
[01:08] | *Sharpen your swords* | *磨锋砺剑* |
[01:09] | *And string your bows* | *曲弓上弦* |
[01:10] | *The beasts have gone away* | *鸟兽遁散* |
[01:32] | Whoa, look at this place! | 哇哦 看看这地方 |
[01:34] | Ooh, they’re selling moss wine. | 哦 他们在卖苔藓葡萄酒 |
[01:36] | I wonder if it’s as gross as the books say it is. | 我想知道这是不是就和书上说的一样恶心 |
[01:39] | I can never get into any of this crap. | 我永远不会喜欢这堆玩意儿 |
[01:40] | I think the reason is because it’s garbage. | 我想理由是因为这就是垃圾 |
[01:42] | Rosa, I think if you just gave it a chance, | Rosa 我觉得如果你给它一个机会 |
[01:44] | you would get hooked. | 你就会被深深吸引的 |
[01:45] | I mean, what is it that you do in your free time that’s so cool? | 我是说 在你空闲时你会做什么超级酷炫的事啊 |
[01:47] | Fix up old cars and sell them to celebrities. | 修理古董车然后卖给名人 |
[01:49] | That’s why I’m friends with Tom Hardy. | 这是我为什么会认识汤姆·哈迪 |
[01:50] | Right, so we agree that we’re all equally cool. | 好吧 所以我们同意我们都一样酷 |
[01:53] | Here we go. This is Parlov’s panel. | 我们到了 这是Parlov那组的座谈会 |
[01:54] | “Diversity in Fantasy Writing.” | “幻想作品写作中的多样性” |
[01:56] | Ooh, the line starts here. | 哦 排队的到我后面去 |
[02:00] | Real diverse diversity panel. | 还真是很多样化的多样性座谈会啊 |
[02:01] | And, like, people always ask me, | 然后 人们总是问我 |
[02:03] | “Where do you get your ideas?” | “你是从哪里得到的灵感呢” |
[02:05] | And honestly, Wikipedia. | 老实说 是从维基百科上 |
[02:07] | I always try to pull from life. | 我总是试图从生活中取得灵感 |
[02:08] | Queen Tiffany, of course, was named after a lovely hostess | Tiffany女王 是我以之前遇见的一位可爱的女主人的名字命名的 |
[02:11] | that I met in Bonita Springs in Florida. | 她住在佛罗里达州博尼塔温泉市 |
[02:13] | You know, I’ve always wanted to write a book myself, | 你知道 我总是想自己写上一本书 |
[02:15] | but all I know about is cops, | 但是我只知道警察的事 |
[02:16] | and there are literally no more cop stories to tell. Zero. | 并且真的没有什么更多的警察故事好说了 一个都没有 |
[02:19] | – I’ve actually been writing a novel. – Wait, what? | – 我还真的在写一本小说 – 等等 什么 |
[02:21] | You’re writing a book? When? For who? | 你在写书吗 什么时候 是为了谁写的 |
[02:23] | For me… for fun. | 为了我自己 就是写着玩玩 |
[02:25] | Look, I’m not trying to be an author. | 听着 我不是打算要成为一名作家 |
[02:26] | I don’t even know how to go about doing that. | 我甚至都不知道该怎么做才能做到 |
[02:28] | Parlov! You should show it to Parlov. | Parlov 你应该给Parlov看 |
[02:30] | – He could probably get it published. – No, that’s crazy. | – 他也许可以把书出版 – 不 这太疯狂了 |
[02:33] | Like, I’m sure it’s bad. I don’t want to be embarrassed. | 就是 我确定这书很糟糕 我不想出洋相 |
[02:35] | Terry, you are a great husband, | Terry 你是一个好丈夫 |
[02:37] | father, detective, painter, dancer, | 好父亲 好警探 好画家 好舞者 |
[02:39] | and you’re so jacked you have muscles on your back. | 并且你肌肉爆棚 你在背后都有肌肉 |
[02:41] | Everyone has back muscles, Jake. | 每个人都有背肌 Jake |
[02:42] | Nuh-huh, my back looks like the inside of a spoon. | 不是 我的背看起来就像勺子的内侧一样凹陷 |
[02:45] | The point is, you’re great at everything. | 我的意思是 你在所有方面都极其出色 |
[02:46] | You’re probably great at writing, too. | 你也许在写作上也是这样 |
[02:47] | I am not showing Parlov my book, okay? | 我不会把书给Parlov看的 好吗 |
[02:49] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:51] | Here he comes. Now just drop it. | 他来了 现在就揭过这个话题 |
[02:54] | Sorry, I hope that wasn’t too tedious for you. | 抱歉 我希望那对你们来说不会太冗长乏味 |
[02:56] | It was fascinating, especially to Terry. | 这真是太棒了 特别是对于Terry来说 |
[02:59] | He’s a writer, and he wrote a book. Would you read it? | 他是个作者 并且他也写了本书 你愿意读一读吗 |
[03:00] | – Dude! – Sure. Love to, absolutely. | – 伙计 – 当然 我很乐意 当然 |
[03:03] | But listen, there’s something I want you to see. | 但是听着 有一些东西我希望你们能过目 |
[03:04] | Come with me, guys, all right? | 跟我来 伙计们 好吗 |
[03:06] | – Jake! – What? | – Jake – 怎么了 |
[03:07] | Terry, you need to believe in yourself, | Terry 你需要相信你自己 |
[03:09] | like when Morzak answered the sorceress’ riddle! | 就像Morzak解答出了女巫的谜语 |
[03:11] | She turned him into a tree, Jake. | 她把他变成了一棵树 Jake |
[03:13] | Yeah, a tree that became the handle of Prominius’ axe. | 没错 一棵成为了Prominius之斧斧柄的树 |
[03:16] | Parlov is so far away already. | Parlov已经走了这么远了 |
[03:17] | Yeah, good call. Let’s go after him. | 哦 说得好 我们快跟着他走 |
[03:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:20] | The desk sergeant said we’re hosting a forensic sciences course. | 当值警长说我们在举办一场法医科学课程 |
[03:23] | Yes, taught by Dr. Ronald Yee. | 没错 由Ronald Yee博士授课 |
[03:26] | He revolutionized the field of forensic entomology. | 他彻底变革了法医昆虫学的领域 |
[03:28] | He is a rock star. | 他跟摇滚巨星一样 |
[03:30] | Oh, please. Rock stars wish they were he. | 哦 得了吧 摇滚巨星们会希望自己变成他那样的人 |
[03:32] | The man can tell how long a corpse had been decomposing | 他可以通过仅仅研究尸体内部的蛆虫 |
[03:34] | just by studying the maggots inside. | 就可以辨别一具尸体被肢解了多少时间 |
[03:36] | I’d like to see Barbra Streisand do that. | 我倒想看看芭芭拉·史翠珊做这事 |
[03:37] | I’m not sure Barbra Streisand counts as a rock star, sir. | 我可不觉得芭芭拉·史翠珊算是摇滚巨星 长官 |
[03:39] | She sings in English. That’s rock music. | 她用英语唱歌 那就是摇滚歌曲 |
[03:41] | Well, it sounds interesting. Can I sign up? | 好吧 这听起来挺有趣的 我能报名吗 |
[03:44] | Yes, you can, | 好吧 你可以 |
[03:47] | but here’s the thing: if we do well at this course, | 但事情是这样的 如果我们在这门课上表现的足够好 |
[03:49] | we receive board certification, | 我们会收到资格证书 |
[03:51] | which makes us eligible to receive a grant | 这样我们就有资质申请拨款 |
[03:53] | to open a field lab in the precinct, | 在分局建立一个一线现场实验室 |
[03:56] | but… | 但是 |
[03:57] | Eh… but whenever we have a speaker come in, | 嗯 但是只要我们有演讲者来开讲 |
[04:00] | you kind of tend to always | 你总是会倾向于 |
[04:03] | derail these things with personal stories. | 把这些演讲导向到你自己的故事上 |
[04:05] | That’s how I learn. | 这就是我学习的方式 |
[04:06] | I relate course material to my experiences. | 我将课程教材与我的个人经历联系在一起 |
[04:08] | Subjective learning. | 主观能动学习 |
[04:09] | Millennials. | 千禧年一代 |
[04:11] | I know it’s important, so I promise, | 我知道这很重要 所以我保证 |
[04:12] | I won’t tell any stories, | 我不会说任何故事 |
[04:13] | though sometimes they do come in handy. | 尽管有的时候他们的确派得上用场 |
[04:15] | One time, all the Boyles were in this fungus cavern, | 有一次 所有的Boyles成员都在这个真菌洞穴里 |
[04:18] | – and this massive mushroom comes… – Charles. | – 然后这朵巨大蘑菇来了 – Charles |
[04:19] | I am so sorry. I slipped right into it. I’ll be good. | 我很抱歉 我不知不觉就打开话匣子了 我会乖乖的 |
[04:23] | This is my room, right over here. | 这是我的房间 就在这里 |
[04:25] | Listen, I need just a moment to clean up. | 听着 我需要一点时间来打扫整理 |
[04:26] | I had a female visitor in earlier today | 今天有个女性拜访者来我这里 |
[04:28] | dressed as Concubina. | 打扮成了Concubina |
[04:29] | She got smears of green body paint all over everything. | 她身上的绿色身体彩绘弄得房间到处都是 |
[04:33] | Everything. | 到处都是 |
[04:37] | He was talking about his penis. | 他是在说弄到他的阴茎上了 |
[04:38] | – I know, Jake. – He pulls, Rosa. | – 我知道 Jake – 他拔出来了 Rosa |
[04:40] | He pulls. That’s all I’m saying. | 他拔出来了 这就是我想要说的 |
[04:41] | I can’t believe you told him about my book. | 我不敢相信你和他说了我写的书 |
[04:42] | I’m sorry, Terry, | 抱歉 Terry |
[04:43] | but now D.C. Parlov is going to read what you wrote! | 但是现在D.C. Parlov正打算要阅读你写的东西 |
[04:46] | How cool is that? | 这该是有多酷啊 |
[04:47] | – It’s pretty cool. – Right? | – 那还是真挺酷的 – 对吧 |
[04:49] | You haven’t even told me what it’s about yet. | 你还没有告诉我那是关于什么的故事 |
[04:50] | Well, it’s the story of a Gorgon warrior… | 嗯 那是一个蛇发女怪战士的故事 |
[04:52] | – Awesome. – Who betrays his bloodline… | – 太棒了 – 他背叛了他的血脉亲人 |
[04:53] | – How could he? – To marry a Cloud Princess… | – 他怎么能这样 – 为了迎娶云端公主 |
[04:55] | He did it for love. | 他的所作所为是为了爱情 |
[04:56] | – Even though their families are at war. – No! All right, | – 尽管他们的家族正在交战 – 不 好吧 |
[04:58] | no more spoilers. Send it over to me, | 不要再剧透我了 把它发给我 |
[05:00] | and I’m gonna stay up all night reading it. | 我要花一整个通宵把它读掉 |
[05:01] | It’s only 150 pages. | 这本书只有150页 |
[05:02] | I’m gonna stay up all the next three nights reading it. | 那我要花接下来连续三个通宵把它读掉 |
[05:05] | Dr. Yee will be here any minute, | Yee博士随时都会过来 |
[05:06] | and we need to make a good impression. | 我们要给他留下一个好印象 |
[05:08] | If you need to cough… | 如果你要咳嗽 |
[05:10] | Cough now. | 现在就给我咳出来 |
[05:13] | My God, what if I hadn’t said anything? | 我的天呐 如果我什么都没有说呢 |
[05:15] | Don’t worry, I got this. | 不用担心 我能搞定这事 |
[05:16] | Nobody sucks up like a Boyle. | 没有人可以像Boyle家族成员一样憋咳嗽 |
[05:18] | Our scoliosis allows us | 我们的脊柱侧曲可以让我们 |
[05:19] | to bow more deeply than normal people. | 比常人的腰弯得更加深 |
[05:21] | Huh, here’s an idea: | 嗯 我有一个主意 |
[05:22] | Santiago and I will impress him | Santiago和我会用 |
[05:24] | with the depth of our forensic knowledge, | 我们广博的法医知识来取悦他 |
[05:25] | and you can wow him | 然后你可以通过你 |
[05:27] | with your stoic, silent demeanor. | 坚忍安静的行为来给他喝彩 |
[05:30] | No stories. Understood? | 不准讲故事 听明白了吗 |
[05:32] | Stoic. Ah. | 我忍 瞧见没 |
[05:33] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[05:34] | Thank you for having me at the Nine-Nine. | 很荣幸能来到99分局 |
[05:36] | Sorry I’m late. | 不好意思我来晚了 |
[05:37] | Just had to deal with some family issues. | 家里突然有点事 |
[05:40] | Cousins, right? | 大表哥二表妹的 真烦 |
[05:42] | Okay, before we get technical, | 咱们先不聊科技 |
[05:43] | let’s talk a bit about the history of blood. | 聊聊关于血液的历史 |
[05:45] | Does anyone here know any hemophiliacs? | 你们身边有人得了血友病的吗 |
[05:47] | So many… | 我身边超多的 |
[05:49] | Now, they played a vital role | 他们在现代法医学的发展中 |
[05:50] | in the development of modern forensics. | 起着至关重要的作用 |
[05:51] | Them and leeches. | 还有水蛭 |
[05:53] | My cousin Torvald is a hemophiliac, | 我有个表亲Torvald 他是血友病患者 |
[05:55] | and his wife is a leech farmer. | 他老婆是水蛭养殖户 |
[05:56] | I say “Wife,” But it’s a common-law marriage. | 说是说”老婆” 但其实只是习惯法婚姻 |
[05:58] | For the longest time, | 有很长一段时间 |
[05:59] | Boyle wedding ceremonies were not recognized in the state. | 我们Boyle家举办的结婚典礼在美国其实都不合法 |
[06:02] | Well, here’s the situation: | 是这么个情况 |
[06:03] | somebody stole my laptop, | 有人偷了我的笔记本电脑 |
[06:05] | which contained the unpublished manuscript | 里面有未出版的<天火循环> |
[06:06] | of book 13 of “The Skyfire Cycle”. | 第十三部的原稿 |
[06:10] | The person left this note. | 偷我电脑的人留了一张字条 |
[06:12] | “We have your book. | “你的书在我们手上 |
[06:13] | Pay us $500,000 in the next 24 hours. | 一天之内向我们支付五十万美金 |
[06:16] | Or we leak it online. “ | 不然我们就把内容泄露到网上” |
[06:17] | “The first five chapters are now up.” | “前五章已经放出去了” |
[06:19] | They’ve been downloaded 85,000 times. | 已经显示被下载八万五千次了 |
[06:21] | Well, we should probably go online and read those chapters | 我们也应该上网看看那几章内容 |
[06:23] | in case there’s some clues in there, | 万一里面有什么线索呢 |
[06:24] | and also maybe we’ll find out Qwandor’s true parentage? | 说不定我们还能找到Qwandor的亲生父母呢 |
[06:27] | – Oh, that’s already been revealed. – No, it hasn’t. | – 真相早已浮出水面了呀 – 不 并没有 |
[06:30] | Unless the prophecy of Dorgon is indeed true! | 除非Dorgon的预言是真的 |
[06:33] | But that would mean… | 那就意味着 |
[06:34] | You seem pretty calm for somebody | 作为一个多年心血被人偷走的人 |
[06:35] | whose book was just stolen. | 你看起来好像太过于镇定了吧 |
[06:36] | Because I know who took it. | 因为我知道是谁偷的 |
[06:38] | Landon Lawson. | 就是Landon Lawson |
[06:39] | He was on that panel. | 他也是一名作家 |
[06:40] | He writes “The Shadowbringer Saga.” It’s garbage. | 写了<暗影之躯的奇幻冒险>系列 烂得辣眼睛 |
[06:42] | So why would Lawson want to steal your manuscript? | 为什么Lawson要偷你的稿子呢 |
[06:44] | We both have books coming out this fall, | 这个秋天 我们两个人都要出书 |
[06:46] | and we have a rather public bet | 我们公开打了个赌 |
[06:47] | about whose is going to sell better. | 看谁的书更畅销 |
[06:48] | I believe he’s leaking my manuscript online | 我觉得 他偷我的稿子然后泄露出去 |
[06:51] | just to hurt my sales. | 是为了影响我的销量 |
[06:52] | You should arrest him. | 你们应该立即逮捕他 |
[06:54] | Well, we’re not going to do anything | 在我们查出更多证据之前 |
[06:55] | until we’ve seen all the evidence. | 是不会逮捕任何人的 |
[06:56] | If this book fails, | 如果这本书卖不出去 |
[06:57] | that’s the end of “Skyfire”. | 那将成为<天火循环>系列的终结篇 |
[06:59] | Let’s go take this son of a bitch down! | 我们赶紧去把这畜生逮捕归案 |
[07:02] | Mr. Lawson? NYPD. | Lawson吗 我们是警察 |
[07:03] | Let me guess: you’re here about the stolen manuscript? | 我猜猜 你们是来是为了那份被偷的原稿对吧 |
[07:06] | So you admit you did it? Well, that was easy. | 所以你这是认罪了吗 哇 破案真简单 |
[07:09] | What? No. Someone stole my manuscript, | 什么鬼 我说 有人偷了我的书的原稿 |
[07:12] | and I know who it was: | 而且我知道是谁偷的 |
[07:13] | D.C. Parlov. | 是D.C Parlov |
[07:15] | By Zorton’s Sword! | 以Zorton之剑的名义 |
[07:18] | It’s the exact same note Parlov got. | 这和Parlov拿到的字条一模一样 |
[07:20] | I don’t see why anybody would want to steal your book. | 我真搞不懂为什么会有人偷你那本破书 |
[07:22] | “The Skyfire Cycle” Makes “The Shadowbringer Saga” | 我的<天火循环>能让<暗影之躯的奇幻冒险>看起来 |
[07:25] | look like “The BeastWorm Chronicles.” | 跟<兽虫之史>一样烂 |
[07:26] | You see, Rosa, “The BeastWorm Chronicles” | 你看 Rosa <兽虫之史> |
[07:28] | are one of the more simplistic… | 是本特简单化的的 |
[07:29] | – Don’t care. – Yeah. | – 不感兴趣 – 好吧 |
[07:30] | You know what? My books say something, okay? | 你懂什么 我的书至少是有深度的 |
[07:32] | I was the only one brave enough to tackle elf molestation. | 有谁敢像我一样鼓起勇气抨击精灵的性骚扰行为 |
[07:35] | Guys, calm down. You’re both victims. | 朋友们 冷静点 你们两个都是受害者啊 |
[07:38] | Now, do you have any enemies in common? | 你们两个有没有共同的敌人呢 |
[07:39] | Let me think about that. | 我想想啊 |
[07:40] | Parlov is my enemy, but he’s also his own enemy, | Parlov是我的敌人 同时也是自己的心敌 |
[07:43] | because he’s such a boring and repetitive writer. | 因为他无趣 啰嗦 反反复复写同样的东西 |
[07:45] | He just keeps killing off characters, | 不停的杀死里面的角色 |
[07:47] | resurrecting them, and killing ’em off again. | 然后又满血复活 然后又杀死他们 |
[07:49] | Because of the Chrysalis Orb! | 因为有”天之蛹”的存在 |
[07:50] | Uh, sorry. | 呃 不好意思 |
[07:51] | Police officer, on a case. | 警察办事呢 |
[07:53] | But we will need you to both generate actual | 但是话说回来 我们确实需要你们给一份名单 |
[07:54] | lists of people that might want to hurt you. | 列一下真正会想要伤害到你们的人 |
[07:56] | We have 24 hours to figure this out, | 我们还有一天的时间去破案 |
[07:57] | but if we don’t, are you willing to pay the ransom? | 如果破不了案 你们愿意付赎金吗 |
[07:59] | I’d do anything to get my book back. | 为了我的书 我什么都给 |
[08:00] | I mean, you understand. You’re a writer. | 你一定可以理解吧 你也是个作家呀 |
[08:02] | Do you hear that, Terry? He called you a writer. | 你听见了吗Terry 他喊你作家呢 |
[08:05] | Terry, did you hear? Terry? | Terry 你听见没 Terry |
[08:07] | Well, Terry’s broken. | Terry死机了 |
[08:08] | Write up those lists. We’re on the case. | 快列名单吧 警察还在办案呢 |
[08:11] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[08:12] | So today, I want to focus on facial reconstruction. | 今天 我们来重点讨论一下 面部重塑 |
[08:15] | For over a century, we used plaster casts | 在过去的一个多世纪里 我们都是靠石膏模型 |
[08:17] | to help identify decomposed John and Jane Does. | 以帮助我们认出一些已经腐化的无名尸 |
[08:20] | We buried my Nana Boyle at the family farm, | 我们一家人把我们的奶奶埋在了自家农场里 |
[08:22] | but because of the soil’s high salt content, | 但是因为土壤的盐分太高 |
[08:24] | she turned into jerky. | 她基本成了个”人肉干” |
[08:25] | Never mind. Please continue. | 别理我 你继续 |
[08:27] | Now, I need one person per group | 现在开始 每个小组选一个人 |
[08:28] | to have a plaster cast made of their head. | 以他的头颅为基础 做一个石膏模型 |
[08:30] | Uh, will he… or she… Be able to speak? | 呃 那个人 不论男女 能说话吗 |
[08:34] | Not while the plaster’s on, no. | 石膏还在头上 就不能说话 |
[08:35] | – I vote Charles. – Charles. | – 我投Charles – Charles |
[08:36] | I was gonna vote me, too. | 我也打算投我自己一票来着 |
[08:38] | I mean, I know the plaster can dry out your skin, | 虽然石膏会让脸非常非常干 |
[08:40] | but as a Boyle, I’m aggressively moist. | 但作为一名合格的Boyle 我湿润的很 |
[08:41] | Oop, you gotta close that mouth, Boyle. | 哎呀 嘴巴闭上哟 Boyle |
[08:44] | Shh-shh-shh-shh. Keep still and quiet. | 嘘嘘嘘 乖 保持安静 |
[08:50] | Have you been here all night? | 你们在这里呆了一晚上吗 |
[08:51] | We traded off, and each slept a few hours | 我们换班呢 轮流睡了几个小时 |
[08:53] | right here in the break room, but we got a lead. | 虽然就睡在休息室里 不过我们找到了点线索 |
[08:56] | You know Miles Moorgil? | 你知道Miles Moorgil吗 |
[08:57] | He wrote “The Nocturine Quartet” Novels. | 他写了本小说 叫<四小夜曲> |
[08:59] | Well, Moorgil is the only person | 只有他一个人的名字 |
[09:01] | on both Parlov and Lawson’s lists of potential enemies. | 在Parlov和Lawson给的潜在敌人名单里都有出现 |
[09:05] | Apparently, they each slept with his wife. | 他们两个人都把他的老婆给睡了 |
[09:07] | How do these guys do so well with women? | 他们是怎么做到在女人堆里混的如鱼得水的 |
[09:09] | Oh, I’m sorry they don’t live up to | 哎哟哟 真是不好意思啊 |
[09:10] | your superficial standards of male beauty, Rosa. | 他们达不到你那肤浅的男性审美标准 Rosa |
[09:13] | I’m kidding. It’s because they’re rich. | 我开玩笑呢 因为他们有钱啊 |
[09:14] | Moorgil’s here for the conference. | Moorgil正好在纽约开会 |
[09:16] | We’re gonna go confront him and get the laptops back. | 我们打算过去质问他 然后把笔记本给拿回来 |
[09:19] | Then, maybe, we can see if Parlov read my book yet. | 然后呢 说不定 能去看看Parlov有没有看我写的书 |
[09:22] | Oh, well, I mean, it’s been less than a day. | 嗯 那个什么 这才一天不到呢 |
[09:24] | Maybe don’t get your hopes up. | 不要期望太大吧 |
[09:25] | Don’t worry. I don’t have any expectations. | 别担心 我没什么可期待的 |
[09:27] | – Good. – I’m gonna be at my phone, | – 那就好 – 我现在就去电话旁边等着 |
[09:29] | just in case a publisher calls. I mean, someone. | 万一哪个出版社打电话给我呢 嗯 或者其他人 |
[09:32] | Yeah. Whatever. | 哈哈 无所谓了 |
[09:33] | It’s fine. My hopes are up. | 没事的 我好期待呀 |
[09:35] | All right, buddy. | 去吧 兄弟 |
[09:37] | I couldn’t sleep last night, | 我昨晚睡不着 |
[09:38] | so I started reading Terry’s book, and it’s terrible. | 就开始读Terry写的书 写的太糟糕了 |
[09:40] | I made him show it to Parlov. He’s gonna be humiliated. | 我当时还逼他给Parlov看 他要羞死了 |
[09:43] | Relax. How bad could it be? | 放松点儿 再差又能有多差 |
[09:44] | So bad, and I’m entertained by everything. | 差到无法想象 害得我现在看什么都觉得特有趣 |
[09:46] | I once went to a play. | 我可是看过戏剧的人啊 |
[09:48] | So what are you gonna do about Parlov? | 那你现在要拿Parlov怎么着 |
[09:49] | – I don’t know. – Don’t know what? | – 我不知道啊 – 不知道什么 |
[09:51] | Uh, how to do… | 呃 不知道 怎么做 |
[09:52] | Sex… | 爱 |
[09:53] | Good. | 提高技术 |
[09:53] | How much should I be flapping my arms around? | 我要扇几次手臂才好 |
[09:55] | – Not much. – Right. | – 不扇几次才好 – 对 |
[09:56] | Well, that settles that. | 问题终于解决了 |
[09:58] | I knew that Amy was wrong. | 我就感觉Amy肯定说错了 |
[10:00] | Anyways, let’s get back on the case, right? | 那个啥 咱们继续办案吧 |
[10:02] | Skyfire Cycle. | <天火循环> |
[10:04] | Okay, now that the plaster’s dry, | 好 现在石膏差不多干了 |
[10:06] | you’ll see why we lubricated the | 你就知道为什么我们在上石膏之前 |
[10:07] | subject’s face with Vaseline first. | 我们要先在人脸上涂凡士林做润滑 |
[10:10] | Oh, no, we forgot the lube. | 完了 我们忘记涂润滑剂了 |
[10:13] | Charles, can you hear us? | Charles 你能听见我们说话吗 |
[10:15] | What do we do? | 怎么办啊 |
[10:17] | Doctor? Uh, what if someone… | 博士 我想问一下 如果某人 |
[10:19] | No one in this room, mind you… | 不是这间房里的某人 |
[10:21] | Forgot to lubricate before applying the plaster? | 在涂石膏之前忘记抹凡士林了 会怎么样 |
[10:23] | Oh, one of my lab techs made that mistake once. | 噢 之前我们实验室有个小伙子也犯了这个错 |
[10:25] | It becomes impossible to remove the mask | 结果想把石膏拿下来简直不可能 |
[10:27] | without literally skinning the subject alive. | 除非把那人的脸皮给活扒 |
[10:29] | It takes five days for the plaster to slough off on its own. | 花了整整五天时间 石膏才自己脱落下来 |
[10:32] | And what became of the lab tech? | 那个实验室小伙呢 他怎么样了 |
[10:33] | Oh, I fired him. It was an unacceptable level of incompetence. | 我把他开除了 这种人没资格呆在我的实验室里 |
[10:36] | Huh, what a satisfying conclusion to that story. | 哈 这个故事的结局真是令人心满意足 |
[10:38] | – Boyle! – Mm. | – Boyle听得见吗 – 嗯 |
[10:40] | A mistake was made and we can’t remove your mask yet. | 我们犯了个错 现在石膏拿不下来了 |
[10:42] | We’re gonna leave you in here… | 我们把你留在这儿 |
[10:44] | Until after the class is over, | 留到课程结束 |
[10:45] | because if Dr. Yee sees you like this, | 因为如果Yee博士看见你这样儿 |
[10:47] | we can kiss our certification good-bye. | 我们就可以跟资格证说再见了 |
[10:50] | I’m sorry, Boyle, | 抱歉啊 Boyle |
[10:52] | but Hitchcock and Scully | 不过Hitchcock和Scully |
[10:53] | will be here with you. | 会在这陪着你 |
[10:57] | I don’t know, Captain. He seems pretty upset. | 不知道怎么回事 警监 他看起来很不开心 |
[10:58] | – Hold on. – Mm! | – 等一下 – 嗯 |
[11:04] | Look how happy he is now. | 你看他现在开心咯 |
[11:07] | Yes, you’re welcome, Boyle. | 好了 不用客气 Boyle |
[11:09] | I don’t understand. | 我不太明白 |
[11:10] | Why do you think I would steal those laptops? | 你们为什么觉得我会偷他们的电脑 |
[11:12] | Parlov and Lawson are your rivals. | Parlov和Lawson是你的对手 |
[11:14] | You’re jealous of their success. | 你嫉妒他们的成功 |
[11:15] | And of course, you have a personal motive. | 当然了这里面还有点私人因素 |
[11:17] | You hate them for sleeping with your wife. | 你因为他俩睡了你老婆而厌恶他们 |
[11:19] | – What? They slept with my wife? – And you didn’t know. | – 什么玩意 他俩睡了我老婆 – 噢你之前不知道 |
[11:23] | Well, this is awkward. We should probably just go. | 好了 尴尬了 我们该走了 |
[11:25] | – Jessica! – She’s here. | – Jessica – 她就在这 |
[11:26] | – That’s wonderful. – Yes, sweets? | – 真是好样的 – 怎么了亲爱的 |
[11:28] | Did you sleep with D.C.Parlov and Landon Lawson? | 你是睡了D.C.Parlov和Landon Lawson吗 |
[11:33] | – Uh… – Why would you do that? | – 呃 – 你为什么要那么做 |
[11:34] | You’ve ruined our marriage. You’ve ruined it! | 你毁了我们的婚姻 你毁了它 |
[11:36] | You know, this seems like a conversation for just you two, | 你看 这谈话挺私人的 你俩聊吧 |
[11:38] | so… oop, here comes a child. | 那什么 噢 孩子也在 |
[11:40] | Mommy? Daddy? | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[11:41] | Are you getting divorced? | 你们要离婚了吗 |
[11:43] | Are they getting divorced? | 他们要离婚了吗 |
[11:45] | Uh… | 呃 |
[11:47] | Oof. | 呼 |
[11:48] | Okay, that was a rough 70 minutes. | 这70分钟太难熬了 |
[11:50] | – Yeah, but… – That kid looked exactly like Parlov? | – 嗯呢 不过 – 那孩子看起来活脱脱就是Parlov的种 |
[11:52] | 100%. | 百分百的 |
[11:53] | Oh… | 噢 |
[11:55] | Anyways, that was our last lead, | 无论如何 那是我们最后的线索了 |
[11:57] | so looks like we’re back at the Nil Caverns. | 看起来我们又回到虚无洞穴了 |
[12:00] | – Did you just say the Nil Caverns? – Hm? | – 你刚刚是说了虚无洞穴吗 – 嚒 |
[12:02] | – Like, from my book? – Uh, yep. | – 就 我书里写的那个 – 嗯呢 |
[12:04] | Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm, I did, | 嗯呢 嗯呢 嗯呢 是的 |
[12:06] | because you told me about them | 你在跟我描述故事情节的时候 |
[12:07] | when you were explaining the plot. | 提到了来着 |
[12:08] | I didn’t, but that’s because I wanted | 我没提 因为我想 |
[12:10] | the Nil Caverns to be a surprise. | 让虚无洞穴作为一个惊喜出现 |
[12:12] | Why didn’t you tell me you read my book, Jake? | 你为什么不告诉我你读了我的书 Jake |
[12:14] | – Uh… – Oh, no. | – 呃 – 不不不 |
[12:16] | – You hated it. – What? | – 你讨厌它 – 啥 |
[12:17] | Terry, no, I didn’t hate it. | Terry 才不是呢 我才不讨厌它呢 |
[12:19] | – I liked tons of parts. – Name one. | – 我喜欢好多书里的情节 – 说一个 |
[12:22] | Name one part you liked, Jake. | 说一个你喜欢的部分 Jake |
[12:25] | – The map? – I didn’t draw that! | – 地图 – 那不是我画的 |
[12:27] | It was a map of the Chesapeake Bay | 那就是切萨皮克湾的地图 |
[12:28] | with the names slightly changed! | 我把名字稍微改了一下 |
[12:31] | Oh, my God. | 天呢 |
[12:33] | You made me show Parlov. | 你让我把书给Parlov看了 |
[12:34] | You humiliated me in front of my hero! | 你在我的英雄面前羞辱了我 |
[12:38] | Sarge, I’m sorry. | 警长 我很抱歉 |
[12:40] | Look, I didn’t just like the map. | 你看 我不仅仅喜欢那个地图啊 |
[12:41] | I also liked… | 我还喜欢 |
[12:42] | the spaces between the words! | 字跟字之间的空白 |
[12:44] | That’s not helpful. | 这没啥用 |
[12:47] | You guys got a million dollars | 你们在24小时警告期限之内 |
[12:48] | together on 24 hours’ notice? | 居然一共弄到了一百万 |
[12:50] | Yeah, I had to liquidate my Bitcoins. | 对啊 我不得不把我的比特币都兑现了 |
[12:52] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[12:53] | I would’ve thought you’d be flushed with cash | 我还以为你因为<天火>改编成电视剧 |
[12:54] | from the “Skyfire” TV series. | 而赚的盆满钵盈全是钞票 |
[12:56] | Oh, wait, that’s right. | 噢 等一下 对哈 |
[12:58] | The CW passed. | CW台放弃了 |
[12:59] | How’s the “Shadowbringer” Film coming along? | <暗影之躯>的电影怎么样了啊 |
[13:01] | Howie Long still playing both twins? | 豪伊·朗还是得扮演着两对双胞胎吗 |
[13:03] | All right. Let’s go over the plan. | 好了 我们过一遍计划 |
[13:04] | Okay, there’s a potted tree on the east side of the lobby. | 大厅东边有一颗盆栽树 |
[13:07] | They said to leave the briefcase behind that. | 他们要求把手提箱放在树后面 |
[13:08] | If someone grabs it, Rosa, Peralta, and I will converge. | 如果有人去拿 Rosa Peralta 和我会包抄过去 |
[13:11] | We’ll be positioned around the room in disguise. | 我们会做些伪装 然后分布在房间的不同地方 |
[13:14] | It’s not gonna work. I don’t own a nerd costume. | 没有用的 我没有什么宅属性的服装 |
[13:15] | Oh, but Rosa, you are already wearing one. | 但是Rosa你现在就穿着一件啊 |
[13:19] | You naturally dress like the female bounty hunter | 你已经穿成了女赏金猎人的模样 |
[13:21] | in every steampunk novel. | 就每一本蒸汽朋克小说里都会有的那种 |
[13:24] | Look. All you need are welding goggles. | 你看呀 你现在只需要一副防风护目镜就行 |
[13:27] | Damn it. | 妈蛋的 |
[13:28] | I have welding goggles in the car. | 我车里就有一副 |
[13:29] | Shall we to battle? | 我们去干仗吧 |
[13:41] | To solve that problem, | 要解决这个问题 |
[13:42] | we would use fluid dynamic analysis. | 我们需要流体动态分析 |
[13:44] | That is exactly right. Well done. | 很对了 非常棒 |
[13:47] | Where’s your friend? | 你们的朋友呢 |
[13:48] | Shouldn’t he be here for the plaster removal? | 他不是应该在这做石膏去除吗 |
[13:50] | Something came up, so he had to remove the mask, | 有点事儿 他不得不先把面具卸了 |
[13:52] | which came off quite easily, and run out. | 卸的挺容易的 然后跑出去了 |
[13:54] | It was urgent police business. | 紧急的警局事态 |
[13:56] | Bunch of kids are being held hostage, | 一群孩子被人绑架做人质了 |
[13:57] | so he had to go deal with that. | 他得去解决 |
[13:59] | Oh, well, if you need to leave to provide him with backup… | 行吧 你们要是需要离开给他做后援的话 |
[14:01] | – No, it’s a teachable moment. – The children can handle themselves. | – 不用 那是个有教育意义的时刻 – 孩子们能照顾自己的 |
[14:03] | Captain Holt? | Holt警监 |
[14:04] | Your husband’s on the phone. | 你丈夫打来电话 |
[14:05] | He wants to know how long you’re going to kiss for tonight? | 他想问问你今晚想亲吻多久 |
[14:09] | Would you excuse us for one moment? | 我们能先离开一下下吗 |
[14:12] | Your husband didn’t really call. | 你丈夫没打电话来 |
[14:14] | I wasn’t sure what gay guys talk about on the phone. | 我不太清楚同性恋们打电话会说点啥 |
[14:16] | How’d I do? | 我编的咋样 |
[14:17] | Scully, what do you want? | Scully 你想干什么 |
[14:18] | We were watching Charles, like you said, | 我们在看着Charles 你嘱咐过的 |
[14:20] | but both of us had to go to the bathroom really bad. | 但是我们都超级超级想上厕所 |
[14:22] | Ugh. Where’s Charles? | 呃 Charles呢 |
[14:24] | – We have no idea. – What? | – 不晓得 – 啥玩意 |
[14:26] | – Terry, do you copy? – I copy. | – Terry 听到了吗 – 听到了 |
[14:28] | – Seriously? You’re still mad at me? – All I said was “I copy.” | – 不是吧 你还在生我的气吗 – 我只是说了句”我听到了” |
[14:30] | Yeah, but you had a tone. Just admit it. | 是 但是你有一股调调 承认吧 |
[14:33] | – Let it go, Jake. – No, he’s right. | – 这事儿翻篇了 Jake – 不 他是对的 |
[14:35] | Terry had a tone. | Terry有股调调 |
[14:36] | – Terry had a big-time tone. – Don’t worry. | – Terry的调调还很严重叻 – 不要担心 |
[14:38] | I bet he hasn’t even read your book yet. | 我打赌他还没看过你的书呢 |
[14:39] | It’s been two hours. I’m almost at the front of this line. | 都俩小时了 我都快排队排到前面了 |
[14:42] | I don’t even know who I’m waiting to take a picture with. | 我都不知道我该去找谁照相 |
[14:44] | “Bran Stark?” Pass. | “Bran Stark”吗 得了吧 |
[14:46] | Okay, he’s just the three-eyed raven. | 行吧 他就是只三眼乌鸦 |
[14:49] | Here we go, here we go. We got action. | 准备行动 准备行动 有情况了 |
[14:50] | He dresses just like you, Jake. Is that someone popular? | 他穿的跟你一样 Jake 是啥很有名的人物吗 |
[14:52] | Yes, Rosa, it’s Ka’lar. | 对啊 Rosa 这是Ka’lar |
[14:54] | 17th of his name, sworn knight of the Queen’s Crown, | 这个名字的第十七位继承人 宣誓守护女王王座的骑士 |
[14:56] | the Daybreaker, the rightful heir to… | 逐日者 正统继承人 |
[14:58] | All right. You can just say “Ka’lar.” | 行了 你就说是”Ka’lar”就行了 |
[15:00] | Uh, then how will you know which Ka’lar I’m talking about? | 但是那样的话你怎么知道我说的是哪个Ka’lar |
[15:02] | It’s a very common name in “Skyfire.” | 这在<天火>里是很常见的名字 |
[15:03] | It’s like their John. | 就跟我们这里的John一样常见 |
[15:05] | He’s going for the briefcase. | 他冲着手提箱去了 |
[15:07] | Okay, let’s go. | 好 行动 |
[15:08] | Don’t make your move until you’re close to him. | 靠近他之后再行动 |
[15:10] | There’s too many civilians. | 这有太多平民 |
[15:14] | Wait, why are there so many Ka’lars? | 等下 这儿怎么这么多Ka’lar们啊 |
[15:16] | Costume contest just ended. | 扮装大赛刚刚结束 |
[15:18] | That’s why he waited until now to pick up the money. | 所以他等到现在才去取箱子 |
[15:20] | I lost him. Which one is it? | 我跟丢了 哪个是啊 |
[15:22] | It’s the one headed toward the service elevator. | 冲着员工电梯去的那个 |
[15:23] | Hey! Freeze! | 嘿 不要动 |
[15:24] | NYPD. Let me see your hands. | 纽约市警局 让我看见你的手 |
[15:26] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[15:28] | Doesn’t have the briefcase. I got the wrong Ka’lar. | 没有手提箱 我抓的是错的Ka’lar |
[15:30] | – I have eyes on him. – Take him down! | – 我看着他了 – 拿下他 |
[15:34] | Wrong Ka’lar… | 错的Ka’lar |
[15:37] | Boyle’s not in the interrogation room. | Boyle没在审讯室 |
[15:39] | He couldn’t have gotten far. He can’t see. | 他应该走不远的啊 他都看不见 |
[15:41] | You can go a long way on muscle memory alone. | 你可以靠肌肉记忆走很长的路 |
[15:43] | One time, I sleepwalked | 有一次 我梦游着 |
[15:44] | – to the M&M’s store in Times Square. – Oh, oh! | – 去了时代广场的M&M商店 – 哦哦 |
[15:47] | Stairwell. | 楼梯间 |
[15:49] | – Oh, God, oh, God, oh, God. – I’m okay. | – 哎呀天呢天呢天呢 – 我没事 |
[15:51] | It’s okay. Sorry, stranger. | 没事的 不好意思 陌生人 |
[15:53] | I just can’t see anything at all, | 我什么都看不见 |
[15:55] | and it’s really scary being touched. | 被人碰着还挺吓人的 |
[15:57] | – Are you okay? – Yes. | – 你没事吧 – 没事 |
[15:58] | Just return me to the 99th precinct. | 把我送回99分局 |
[16:00] | Boyle, it’s us. | Bolye 是我们 |
[16:02] | Where were you going? Why would you leave | 你要去哪儿啊 你为什么要离开 |
[16:03] | that windowless supply closet we locked you in? | 我们锁着你的那个没窗户的储存柜 |
[16:05] | Ah, yes, hearing it, I understand why. | 噢 听到这儿我明白为啥了 |
[16:07] | I was trying to get to the locker room | 我想去更衣室来着 |
[16:09] | to steam the mask off in the shower | 在浴室把面具从脸上蒸掉 |
[16:11] | so you guys could still get certified. | 这样你们都能认证合格 |
[16:13] | Wait, you were trying to help us? | 等等 你刚刚是想帮我们吗 |
[16:16] | Even though you’ll be stuck in this mask for five days? | 哪怕你会被困在这个面具里整整五天 |
[16:18] | Five days? | 五天吗 |
[16:19] | Well, I know how important the course was to you. | 好吧 我知道这个课程对你有多重要 |
[16:22] | It’s not. | 它并没有 |
[16:24] | Not anymore. | 不再重要了 |
[16:26] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:27] | I just cannot see at all. | 我只是什么都看不见了 |
[16:30] | I can’t believe it! | 不敢相信 |
[16:31] | Now I’m out $1/2 million! | 我现在已经亏了50万美元了 |
[16:33] | What am I supposed to do now? | 现在我该怎么做 |
[16:35] | Write another “Compendium of Beasts”? | 难道要再写一本<怪兽汇编>吗 |
[16:37] | Do you have any idea how hard it is to find enough interns | 你们知不知道要找到足够的实习生 |
[16:40] | to slap that crap together? | 来凑成那篇垃圾是有有多难 |
[16:42] | God! | 天哪 |
[16:44] | Don’t worry about him. | 别担心他 |
[16:45] | At least we got to stop that thief from releasing any more chapters. | 至少我们阻止了那个小偷继续泄露更多章节了 |
[16:48] | All we’re out is some money, plus I’ve got insurance, | 我们只损失了一点钱而已 而且我买了保险 |
[16:50] | so I’m going to get it all back. | 所以我会把钱都要回来的 |
[16:52] | By the way, Detective Jeffords, | 对了 Jeffords警探 |
[16:53] | while we were waiting, | 我们在等待的时候 |
[16:54] | I had an opportunity to read your manuscript. | 我正好有机会看了你的手稿 |
[16:56] | Oh, don’t worry about that. | 噢 别费心了 |
[16:58] | It’s a work in progress. | 我还没写完呢 |
[17:00] | Has a lot of changes I… | 还有很多变化我 |
[17:01] | No, no, no, it was great. Truly. | 不 不 不 写的很好 真的 |
[17:03] | Fantastic. I mean, it was so fresh, you know? | 很了不起 我是说 想法很新 |
[17:05] | It had a really unique point of view. | 观点真的很独特 |
[17:07] | I sent it on to my publishers. | 我已经把稿子寄给我的出版商了 |
[17:09] | Thank you for allowing me to read it. | 谢谢你让我读到它 |
[17:10] | And I want to thank you all | 我还想感谢你们所有人 |
[17:11] | for your hard, hard work on this case. | 在这个案子上花了这么大力气 |
[17:14] | Appreciate it. | 感激不尽 |
[17:17] | Ooh, did you hear that? | 哇 你听到了吗 |
[17:18] | He loved it. | 他喜欢诶 |
[17:19] | D.C. Parlov loved my writing! | D.C. Parlov喜欢我的作品 |
[17:22] | You were wrong! | 你错了 |
[17:23] | And being wrong never felt so right. | 犯错从未让我感觉如此之好 |
[17:25] | Oh, that sounded cool. Did I just make up a hit song? | 哇 听着不错 我是不是刚刚编出了一首热门单曲 |
[17:27] | *Being wrong never felt so right* | *犯错从未让我感觉如此之好* |
[17:29] | *With the Addams Family staying up all night* | *亚当斯一家整夜不睡觉* |
[17:32] | Yep, I was right. It’s a hit. | 不错 我说得很对 此歌能火 |
[17:33] | I gotta go call Sharon! | 我要给Sharon打电话 |
[17:34] | All righty. Well, congratulations, Sarge! | 没问题 恭喜你了 警长 |
[17:37] | And don’t forget about us when you become a famous author. | 等你成了著名作家可别忘了我们 |
[17:40] | Terry’s writing sucks. Parlov is lying to him. | Terry的作品烂透了 Parlov在说谎 |
[17:42] | – What? Why? – I don’t know. | – 什么情况 为什么 – 我不知道 |
[17:44] | He’s buttering him up… | 他在讨好他 |
[17:46] | because Lawson and Parlov stole their own books! | 因为Lawson和Parlov自己偷了自己的书 |
[17:50] | *Well, they stole their own books* | *他们偷了自己的书* |
[17:52] | *It’s plain to see* | *这点显而易见* |
[17:53] | *But who’s on the case* | *但是谁在办案* |
[17:54] | *The Addams Family* | *是亚当斯一家* |
[17:57] | Gomez <亚当斯一家>里的爸爸 It是Gomez的表亲 长得像顶假发且戴牛仔帽的毛怪 | |
[17:57] | *Terry is Gomez, I’m Cousin It* | *Terry是Gomez 我是表亲It* |
[17:59] | *You are Wednesday, let’s do this* | *你是Wednesday 一起行动吧* |
[18:01] | Okay, we should go. | 好吧 我们该走了 |
[18:03] | Why do you think these guys are in it together? | 你为什么觉得这两个人都牵涉其中 |
[18:05] | They hate each other. | 他们那么讨厌对方 |
[18:06] | They spent an hour | 花了一个小时 |
[18:06] | arguing over the name of the dragon in “The Hobbit.” | 争论<霍比特人>里那条龙的名字 |
[18:09] | – Smog – Smowg – Smog. – Smowg. | |
[18:10] | – Smog – Smowg – Smog! – Smowg! | |
[18:12] | – Smog – Smowg – Smog! – Smowg! | |
[18:14] | It’s “Smowg,” By the way… | 应该是Smowg 顺便说一下 |
[18:15] | Point Lawson… but yes, they’re mortal enemies, | Lawson得一分 不过他们确实是不共戴天的敌人 |
[18:18] | which is why they think | 所以他们才会觉得 |
[18:19] | we’ll never suspect them of being in cahoots. | 我们不会怀疑他们两个勾结在一起 |
[18:21] | Oh, but they cahooted, Rosa. | 噢 但他们确实勾结了 Rosa |
[18:23] | They cahooted all over us. | 他们在我们眼皮子底下勾结了 |
[18:25] | Gross. Why’d they leak their chapters? | 恶心 他们为什么要泄露那些章节呢 |
[18:27] | To get people excited, | 为了让人们兴奋起来 |
[18:28] | like when Carly Rae Jepsen puts out an amazing single, | 就像Carly Rae Jepsen推出了一首了不起的单曲 |
[18:29] | and you have to wait six weeks for the album to come out. | 但你还得等六个星期专辑才会发行 |
[18:31] | She’s great. I’m not apologizing. | 她很棒 我是不会道歉的 |
[18:33] | So Parlov contacted Terry because he knows | 所以Parlov联系了Terry因为他知道 |
[18:35] | Sarge is a super-fan and can be manipulated. | 警长是他的超级粉丝而且很容易操纵 |
[18:37] | Yes, he’s been giving Terry presents since last year. | 对 他从去年就开始给Terry送礼物 |
[18:39] | And Terry’s novel gave Parlov another chance to manipulate him. | 而且Terry的小说更给了Parlov操纵他的机会 |
[18:42] | Unless… | 除非 |
[18:43] | is it possible Parlov actually likes Sarge’s writing? | 有没有可能Parlov真的喜欢警长的作品 |
[18:46] | Read the first sentence. | 你看一下第一句话 |
[18:48] | – Yep, Parlov did it. – Very much so. | – 没错 是Parlov干的 – 绝对是的 |
[18:49] | Gah! Now I have to tell Sarge | 啊 现在我得告诉警长 |
[18:51] | that his fantasy novel stinks. | 他的奇幻小说糟透了 |
[18:54] | This is the hardest part of being a cop. | 这是对警察来说最难的部分啊 |
[18:56] | Now, there are issues with RFLP testing, | 现在 RFLP测试仍存在着问题 |
[18:59] | as there are with every technique, but… | 就像每一种技术一样 但是 |
[19:01] | Captain, I thought you said | 警监 我以为你刚刚说的是 |
[19:02] | your friend removed his mask and left. | 你的朋友摘下了面具离开了 |
[19:04] | I forgot to lube up his face. | 我忘记给他的脸涂润滑油了 |
[19:06] | We failed to listen to the instructions. | 我们没听指示 |
[19:08] | That is incredibly careless. | 这真的极其粗心大意 |
[19:10] | I know, and it means we won’t receive our certification, | 我知道 而且这意味着我们不能得到证书了 |
[19:12] | and I’m okay with that. | 我可以接受 |
[19:14] | – Unless my honesty… – No, it’s off the table. | – 除非我的诚实 – 不 此事免谈 |
[19:16] | And I’m okay with that. | 我可以接受 |
[19:17] | Well, anyway, RFLP testing was designed to | 无论如何 RFLP是用来 |
[19:20] | – localize genetic disorders, and it… – Ooh | – 控制遗传疾病发病范围的 – 哇 |
[19:22] | My cousin Donna has a genetic disorder | 我的表亲Donna就有遗传病 |
[19:24] | where her lips were made of cartilage, | 她的嘴唇是由软骨组成的 |
[19:26] | meaning her mouth is technically a beak. | 意味着她的嘴其实就是个鸟喙 |
[19:29] | – I don’t see how that pertains to anything… – No, let him talk. | – 我没看出来这和我说的有什么关系 – 不 让他说 |
[19:31] | I want to hear it. | 我想听 |
[19:32] | Boyle, tell us about your cousin’s beak. | Boyle 跟我们讲讲你表亲的鸟喙 |
[19:34] | Well, she runs marathons to raise money for | 好 她通过跑马拉松来给 |
[19:36] | other people afflicted with “Bird-face.” | 其他那些被”鸟一样的脸”所折磨的人筹钱 |
[19:39] | There are only two of them. | 一共只有两个人 |
[19:40] | They’re her kids. | 就是她的小孩 |
[19:41] | Oh, Sarge! | 噢 警长 |
[19:42] | Funny seeing you here. | 没想到在这儿碰到你 |
[19:44] | Oh, that reminds me. | 噢 那倒提醒了我 |
[19:45] | I have to tell you something. What was it? | 我有事要跟你说 什么事呢 |
[19:47] | Out with it, Peralta. | 有话快说 Peralta |
[19:48] | Okay, fine. Here it goes. | 好吧 开始了 |
[19:50] | – I think that… – Parlov hated my book. | – 我觉得 – Parlov讨厌我的书 |
[19:53] | He only said he liked it so I wouldn’t figure out | 他说他喜欢只是因为这样我就不会想到 |
[19:55] | he and Lawson stole their own manuscripts. | 他和Lawson偷走了自己的手稿 |
[19:57] | – You figured it out. – Well, I had a gut feeling, | – 你想到了 – 我有种直觉 |
[19:59] | so I went digging. | 所以我继续深挖下去 |
[20:00] | I got a warrant for Parlov’s browser history. | 拿到了搜查Parlov浏览记录的许可 |
[20:03] | He searched “How to liquidate Bitcoins” | 他查过”如何变现比特币” |
[20:04] | three days before the laptops were stolen. | 在笔记本被偷走的三天前 |
[20:06] | Man, I bet that browser history was a nightmare, huh? | 哥们儿 我敢说他的浏览历史就是场噩梦对吧 |
[20:08] | – Oh, you have no idea. – Yeah. | – 噢 你想不到的 – 是啊 |
[20:10] | Anyway, I questioned them, and they confessed. | 反正我审问了他们 他们也坦白了 |
[20:12] | I can’t go to prison, okay? | 我不能去监狱 好吗 |
[20:14] | I know I seem tough, but I’m not. | 我知道我看上去很强壮 其实不是的 |
[20:16] | – I went to Bennington. – Ew. | – 我读的可是本宁顿女子学院 – 噁 |
[20:18] | I’m sorry Parlov didn’t like your book. | 我很抱歉Parlov不喜欢你的书 |
[20:20] | And I didn’t. And also Rosa. | 我也不喜欢 还有Rosa |
[20:21] | – Why did I add that? – No, it’s okay. | – 我为什么要加上这句 – 没事 不要紧的 |
[20:23] | At least I won’t waste any more time trying to be a writer. | 至少我不会把更多的时间浪费在努力成为一个作家上了 |
[20:25] | Wait, let me ask you a question. | 等等 我要问你一个问题 |
[20:27] | Are you a better cop now than when you started? | 作为一个警察 现在的你是不是刚刚工作的你更优秀了 |
[20:29] | – Nope. – Wasn’t talking to you. | – 不是 – 没跟你说 |
[20:31] | Yeah. I look back at my old cases | 是的 我回顾我以前的案子 |
[20:33] | and I can’t believe how long it took me to figure things out. | 都不能想象我当时居然花了那么长时间才把案子想通 |
[20:36] | Yeah, but you worked on it, | 对啊 但你努力工作 |
[20:38] | and you kept working, and now, | 不断进取 而现在 |
[20:39] | 12 to 40 years later… | 12年到40年之后 |
[20:41] | I don’t have a good sense of your age… | 我不是很能判断你的年纪 |
[20:43] | You’re a great cop who got a “Gut feeling” | 你成了一个优秀的警察 拥有破案的”直觉” |
[20:45] | and solved a huge case. | 解决了一个大案子 |
[20:47] | So you think I should keep writing? | 所以你觉得我应该继续写作吗 |
[20:48] | I mean, you might not become a huge famous author, | 我是说 也许你无法成为一个伟大而著名的作家 |
[20:50] | but you’ll get better, | 但你会进步的 |
[20:52] | and if it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad. | 而且如果写作能让你快乐 那也不会那么糟糕 |
[20:54] | Sheryl Crow, she’s great. I won’t apologize. | Sheryl Crow 她就很棒 我不会道歉的 |
[20:56] | And who knows? | 而且谁知道呢 |
[20:57] | Claire Essalgorn didn’t start | Claire Essalgorn开始 |
[20:58] | writing the first “Crimson Portal” Novel until she was 60. | 写第一本<猩红传送门>的时候已经60岁了 |
[21:02] | I started reading it because the character looks like me. | 我一开始会读是因为这个角色长得和我很像 |
[21:04] | I kept reading it because it’s so good! | 我继续读下去是因为它真的太好看了 |
[21:06] | Rosa, you did get hooked, you big nerd! | Rosa 你确实着迷了 你这个大书呆子 |
[21:08] | This heroine is my heroin. | 这个女主角就是我的海洛因 |
[21:09] | Oh, such a dweebus. I love it! | 噢 真是个怪人儿 我喜欢 |
[21:11] | Speaking of which, Parlov’s laptop is in evidence. | 对了 Parlov的电脑还在证据室里 |
[21:14] | Want to go read the new “Skyfire” Book? | 想去看最新一本<天火循环>吗 |
[21:15] | Oh, I don’t know. | 噢 我不知道 |
[21:17] | I mean, he’s such a bad guy. | 我是说 他是个坏人 |
[21:19] | Do we even like his books anymore? | 我们还会喜欢他的书吗 |
[21:22] | *Sharpen your swords* | *磨锋砺剑* |
[21:23] | *And string your bows* | *曲弓上弦* |
[21:24] | *The beasts have gone away* | *鸟兽遁散* |