时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | I opened the gates for you. Handed you this victory. | 是我为你打开了大门 让你得到了这场胜利 |
[00:14] | Your men need to know my wife is not to be harmed. | 告诉你的人我的妻子决不允许有事 |
[00:17] | Even if that order could be given, | 就算能下这种命令 |
[00:18] | no one would heed it. | 也不会有人遵守 |
[00:20] | They’ve been let loose. | 将在外君命有所不受 |
[00:22] | If you had suffered such loss, | 如果遭受这些痛苦的是你 |
[00:24] | is there anything you can imagine making it right? | 你想象得出有什么弥补的办法吗 |
[00:27] | No, but I imagine getting my hands on the man responsible for it | 不 但我想干掉那些对他们动手的人 |
[00:30] | would be a start. | 是个不错的开端 |
[00:32] | If we fight them together, there’s a good chance we live. | 要是我们团结死战 生还的可能就很大 |
[00:35] | Separate, and we all die. | 要是分开 我们都死路一条 |
[00:37] | When Flint heads south, we head north. | 弗林特去南方 我们就去北方 |
[00:40] | – What’s north? – Eleanor Guthrie’s grandfather. | -去北方干吗 -埃莉诺·格斯里的祖父在那 |
[00:43] | They heard that Nassau had fallen, and so they came to join us. | 他们听说拿骚沦陷了 所以来这加入我们 |
[00:47] | The revolution you promised has begun. | 你承诺过的革命已然开始 |
[00:50] | – Where’s Madi? – I need you to know | -马迪呢 -我想跟你说 |
[00:52] | that I did everything I could to keep her safe. | 我当时已竭尽所能护她周全 |
[00:55] | It wasn’t your fault. | 那不是你的错 |
[03:11] | I wasn’t able to say good-bye to her… | 我没能见着她最后一面… |
[03:20] | So I don’t know what she | 所以我不知道 |
[03:21] | would’ve wanted me to say to you right now… | 她有什么话想要我带给你… |
[03:25] | If anything at all. | 如果她有的话 |
[03:33] | She and I… | 我和她… |
[03:37] | We’d become close. | 一度很亲近 |
[03:43] | So, I think I have some sense of what it might’ve been. | 所以 我想我还是比较清楚她会对你说什么 |
[03:54] | She was curious. | 她勇于探索 |
[03:59] | And strong. | 也十分强大 |
[04:02] | Not made to be hidden away from the world. | 注定不会被埋没 |
[04:09] | She was able to see it before she died. | 她生前也意识到这一点了 |
[04:16] | And she was fighting for something she believed in | 直到临死一刻 她也在为自身的信仰 |
[04:19] | when she died. | 努力奋战 |
[04:29] | You knew her well. | 你很了解她 |
[04:38] | I loved her. | 我爱过她 |
[04:44] | And I believe she loved me. | 亦相信她爱过我 |
[04:56] | I think she would’ve wanted you to know that, too. | 我想她也会希望你知道她也爱你 |
[05:15] | And you say welcome them in, but… | 说是要欢迎他们加入我们 但… |
[05:18] | I mean, they’ve never been free. | 我的意思是 他们一直不是自由之身 |
[05:30] | No one’s at each other’s throats yet here? | 大家居然还没拼个你死我活 |
[05:33] | Whatever their differences, | 无论他们有何差异 |
[05:35] | everyone is here to be | 所有人来到这里 |
[05:36] | part of ending colonial rule in the new world. | 都是为了终结新大陆的殖民统治 |
[05:39] | As long as that’s a possibility, | 只要存在一丝可能 |
[05:41] | no one wants to be the one to spoil the chance. | 就不会有人想去破坏这个机会 |
[05:50] | What’s this? | 这是怎们回事 |
[05:52] | Discussing an attack on St. Ann’s Bay as a first strike. | 在讨论第一场战斗是否要去攻打圣安湾 |
[05:55] | They’ve both been through there in recent months. | 他们在近几个月都去过那里 |
[05:58] | Trying to agree on what kind of resistance we’d likely face. | 正试图在我们将面对怎样的地方势力上达成共识 |
[06:08] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[06:12] | She’s breathing. | 还能撑住 |
[06:15] | How are you? | 你呢 |
[06:23] | In St. Ann’s bay, we can agree that there are | 在圣安湾 我们都知道 |
[06:25] | two 10-pound guns on the beach. | 海滩上搭建了两架十磅的火炮 |
[06:28] | And men-at-arms number at least 80. | 武装人员数量在八十以上 |
[06:30] | No more than 100. | 一百以下 |
[06:32] | 100? | 一百 |
[06:34] | I figured twice that. | 我还以为有二百多人呢 |
[06:37] | If we could set enough men up the coast– | 如果我们能在海滩上安排足够的人手 |
[06:39] | Say three times that, give or take– | 大概他们三倍左右的人手 |
[06:43] | We could seize the town within a day. | 我们就能在一天内攻下那座城池 |
[06:45] | If you take St. Ann’s, you’ll starve Bridgetown. | 攻下了圣安湾 布里奇顿也就断了补给 |
[06:47] | She wouldn’t last a month. | 不到一个月就会不攻自破 |
[06:50] | And Barbados has just fallen. | 巴巴多斯前不久也沦陷了 |
[06:54] | With Bridgetown as a staging ground, | 有布里奇顿作筹备基地 |
[06:56] | how many men could you muster to move to the mainland? | 你能召集多少人员前往大陆地区 |
[06:59] | 700, maybe eight. | 七百 八百也有可能 |
[07:02] | If we could recruit one slave in three in Barbados, | 如果我们在巴巴多斯能召集到三分之一的奴隶 |
[07:05] | that’s 1,200 men we could land anywhere we chose, | 在有船只的支持下 我们就能把这1200人 |
[07:10] | with ships to support their landing. | 转移到任何我们想要他们去的地方 |
[07:13] | That’s roughly what Morgan had in Panama. | 亨利·摩根攻下巴拿马也就用了这么多人 |
[07:15] | It might just be enough for us to sack Boston. | 这应该够我们拿下波士顿的了 |
[07:19] | Boston? | 波士顿 |
[07:24] | Fools. | 蠢货 |
[07:30] | You’re all fools | 如果你们真以为 |
[07:31] | if you think this road leads to where he says it does. | 事情如他所说般顺利 你们就是一帮蠢货 |
[07:34] | I have not proven to you my commitment to our common cause? | 我还未向你证明建造我们共同事业的决心吗 |
[07:38] | What happens when our enemy realizes | 一旦我们的敌人意识到 |
[07:41] | that all it needs to do to defeat us | 击垮我们只需摧毁我们的共同事业 |
[07:44] | is to take away that common cause? | 到时会发生什么 |
[07:46] | Turn one against the other. | 让我们自相残杀 |
[07:49] | And when that happens– | 当那一天来临之时 |
[07:51] | As it is all but certain to do– | 那一天也必将来临 |
[07:54] | Which of us standing here | 在座所有人中 |
[07:56] | are likely to be the ones who benefit | 有哪些是受益者 |
[07:57] | and which the ones sold back into their chains? | 又有哪些要任人买卖锁链缠身 |
[08:00] | Then what the fuck are you doing here? | 那你又在这里干什么 |
[08:08] | I saved your men’s lives and yours | 是我让你和你的手下 |
[08:11] | from the fight you started but could not finish. | 没死在这场因你们而起却无力结束的战事之中 |
[08:15] | And now you would start another that no man can hope to finish? | 现在你们又想挑起一场根本看不到头的战争吗 |
[08:20] | Then leave. | 那你走吧 |
[08:27] | But what’s happening here is going to happen. | 我们商讨的事情都是注定会发生的 |
[08:31] | This war is going to begin. | 这场战争就要开始了 |
[08:33] | This camp is going to fight it | 这个营地的人会奋战到底 |
[08:36] | with or without you. | 有没有你并不重要 |
[08:42] | They may call you a king, | 他们或许称你为王 |
[08:45] | But only in the kingdom that is no more. | 但仅仅只在那个不复存在的王国里 |
[08:49] | We’re all free men here. | 在这里我们都是自由人 |
[08:52] | And I wish to stay that way. | 我希望能保持这种身份 |
[08:56] | As do we all. | 我们都是 |
[09:00] | Will you join me? | 能跟我来一下吗 |
[09:44] | We have left the bay for the Delaware. | 我们已经离开了海湾往特拉华前进 |
[09:47] | We will be arriving soon. | 很快就会到达 |
[09:48] | I’ll be there in a moment. | 我一会就来 |
[10:03] | She ain’t been back down here… | 她一直没下来过 |
[10:07] | Since we set sail. | 从我们起航开始 |
[10:11] | You told her to fuck off. | 你让她滚蛋 |
[10:13] | She listened. | 她听了你的话 |
[10:16] | She told me she ain’t got no apology… | 她说她并不为她的所作所为 |
[10:19] | For what she’d done. | 感到抱歉 |
[10:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:24] | Part of me wanted to lash out. | 某种程度我想狠狠教训她一顿 |
[10:27] | Betrayed you. | 她背叛了你 |
[10:30] | Betrayed me. | 也背叛了我 |
[10:32] | Refuses to make it right. | 拒绝拨乱反正 |
[10:34] | Mm-hm. And the other part? | 那你顾虑什么呢 |
[10:38] | The other part… | 我深知 |
[10:42] | Knew how easy it would’ve been for her to lie. | 她撒谎简直是家常便饭 |
[10:49] | Say she was sorry when she ain’t. | 在她并不觉得有错的时候说出抱歉 |
[10:53] | I don’t know what the fuck to think. | 我不知道该去想些什么 |
[10:58] | You told her not to come back down here, didn’t you? | 你告诉过她不要下来 对吗 |
[11:04] | You’ll have plenty of time to murder her another day. | 你想杀她 以后时间多的是呢 |
[11:08] | Right now, you need to rest. | 现在 你就好好休息 |
[12:04] | You asked to see me, my lord? | 您召见我吗 大人 |
[12:22] | I cannot imagine what sort of horror this is for you. | 我无法想象这对您来说是何种打击 |
[12:29] | Please know, | 但请知道 |
[12:31] | To whatever extent there could be any doubt, | 无论您有什么疑虑 |
[12:35] | That the choices she made in recent days | 这些天里她所做的决定 |
[12:37] | were made out of concern for you | 都是以顾虑您为前提的 |
[12:40] | and out of love– | 这都是爱 |
[12:41] | I spoke with Governor Raja… | 我跟拉哈总督谈过 |
[12:46] | just before he set sail. | 在他出海之前 |
[12:49] | I wanted to be certain | 我想确认 |
[12:50] | that our account with him was squared, | 我们和他之间的帐能两清 |
[12:52] | that we ought to expect no return by his fleet, | 我们本应该不图什么回报 |
[12:54] | considering there were promises made to him | 考虑到我们向他承诺过 |
[12:58] | that remain unfulfilled– | 而我们还没能将拉克姆船长和 |
[13:00] | to deliver the still missing cache and Jack rackham. | 匿藏的宝藏交还给他 |
[13:07] | Governor Raja assured me | 但拉哈总督向我保证 |
[13:09] | he had already written off the missing cache, | 因为我们在大战里做出的贡献 |
[13:11] | the war effort being of paramount importance. | 那些丢失的宝藏他已经不再计较了 |
[13:15] | But captain rackham… | 但至于拉克姆船长 |
[13:20] | He said he had never asked for captain Rackham. | 他说他从来就没想要抓过拉克姆船长 |
[13:26] | You added that part. | 是你私自加上去的 |
[13:29] | A convenient lie to placate Havana | 顺水推舟的一个谎言可以救下哈瓦那 |
[13:33] | and improve your own prospects for survival, didn’t you? | 从而保障你自己的生存 是吗 |
[13:39] | Didn’t you? | 是吗 |
[13:44] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:49] | Eleanor turned her guns on me. | 埃莉诺把炮口转向了我 |
[13:54] | Eleanor betrayed me. | 她背叛了我 |
[13:57] | Surrendered Nassau out from under me. | 从我手中把拿骚让出去 |
[14:00] | None of that sounded like | 所有这一切听起来 |
[14:01] | anything that would ever occur to her to do. | 都不像是她会去做的 |
[14:03] | Not her. Not after everything we’d been through. | 她不会 尤其是在我们共同经历过这么多之后 |
[14:09] | But if it had occurred first to someone else– | 但如果换做是别人 |
[14:11] | – No, sir. – Someone standing so close to her, | -不 大人 -一个跟她非常亲近的人 |
[14:13] | who could and would manipulate her | 一个可以操控她 |
[14:16] | to secure their own survival. | 来确保自己生存的人 |
[14:18] | My lord, I did no such thing. | 大人 我没做过 |
[14:20] | Not now! | 滚开 |
[14:21] | Why would I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[14:24] | Was there not an agreement between you | 你们间是不是有个什么协议 |
[14:26] | that you would be released from your obligations | 她会解除你的债务 |
[14:28] | and returned to your family– | 让你回家 |
[14:29] | May I speak, please?! | 能否听我一言 |
[14:30] | Jesus, what is it?! | 到底什么事情 |
[14:35] | Beg your pardon, | 请原谅 |
[14:37] | but you’d asked to be notified | 但您要求过 一旦我们 |
[14:39] | when we were finished dressing the body. | 给遗体换好衣服后通知您 |
[14:47] | Thank you, Mr. Rawls. | 谢谢你 罗尔斯先生 |
[14:52] | What? | 说吧 |
[14:54] | In dressing the body, my lord… | 在换衣的过程中 大人… |
[14:58] | I don’t know how to say it. | 我不知道该如何开口 |
[14:59] | – Leave. – Beg pardon, ma’am? | -赶紧走 -很抱歉 夫人 |
[15:01] | – Leave now, please. – I’d be careful if I were you. | -请离开 -如果我是你我会小心点 |
[15:04] | – Mr. Rawls, get out of this room. – Mrs. Hudson! | -罗尔斯先生 请离开 -哈德森夫人 |
[15:07] | You don’t want to hear what he’s about to tell you. | 您不会想听到他将要跟您说什么 |
[15:13] | Not like this. | 在这种情况下 |
[15:18] | You don’t want to hear about it this way. | 您不会想听到的 |
[15:23] | Hear what? | 听到什么 |
[15:48] | I can’t quite read this. | 我不能不看 |
[15:48] | Trade. The trade tax set by the general post. | 贸易 他们制定的贸易税 |
[15:52] | The society of friends? I don’t have any friends. | 公谊会 我没有朋友 |
[15:54] | That’s the rules. Set by him, is it? | 这就是规则 他制定的 是吗 |
[15:56] | The nine shillings is set in stone. | 9先令是不可改变的 |
[16:00] | Entering fee two shillings. | 入港费2先令 |
[16:02] | Pilot fee two shillings. | 领航费2先令 |
[16:03] | Pilot’s fee departure, pay in advance, three shillings. | 离港领航费要提前付 3先令 |
[16:06] | It costs more to leave than… | 你离开的时候还要花得更多 |
[16:09] | Trading fee. Not trading anything. | 贸易费用 不是什么都可以交易的 |
[16:11] | No matter. Non-negotiable. Sixpence. | 无论怎样 不可商议 6便士 |
[16:13] | And I swear to god, I’m not making this up, | 我发誓这不是我编的 |
[16:14] | “Voluntary contribution to the Society of Friends. | “给公谊会自愿捐款 |
[16:18] | Two shillings. | 两先令 |
[16:20] | Non-negotiable.” | 不可商议” |
[16:21] | This is… this is truly marvelous. | 这真是太了不起了 |
[16:24] | – And we’re the thieves. – Not very good ones, apparently. | -我们是小偷 -显然偷得并不高明 |
[16:27] | Did he know where to find Mr. Guthrie? | 他知道去哪儿找格斯里先生吗 |
[16:29] | He did, though he didn’t seem terribly optimistic | 他知道 但他对我们的参见 |
[16:32] | about our chances of gaining an audience. | 表示不太乐观 |
[16:34] | When he hears the news we are bringing, | 当他听到我们带来的消息后 |
[16:35] | he will grant us an audience. | 他会同意让我们参见的 |
[16:37] | No, no. There’s no “we.” | 不 不是”我们” |
[16:42] | I have as much to gain and more to lose than any of us | 我们若看不到罗杰斯总督被罢免 |
[16:45] | if we fail to see Governor Rogers removed. | 我会比你们任何人都损失更多 |
[16:48] | I believe I should be with you. | 我觉得我应该和你一起 |
[16:49] | I’m sure you do. The last thing I need to overhear | 也许吧 当格斯里先生拒绝我们的提议时 |
[16:51] | when Mr. Guthrie rejects our proposal is… | 我最不需要听到的就是… |
[16:54] | “Uh, monsieur constable, what sort of reward | “治安官先生 帮助抓捕 |
[16:56] | might one expect for aiding in ‘zhe’ capture | 一位声名狼藉的海盗船长 |
[16:58] | of a notorious pirate captain, | 能得到什么报酬 |
[17:00] | such as, say, oh, Jack Rackham? | 比如说杰克·拉克姆 |
[17:04] | Really? ‘Zhat’ much? | 真的吗 那么多 |
[17:07] | Well, what do you know? | 谁能想到呢 |
[17:09] | ‘Zhere’ he is.” | 他就在这儿” |
[17:10] | You’ll stay here. | 你待在这儿 |
[17:12] | I’ll be back. You, let’s go. | 我一会回来 你跟我走 |
[17:15] | Fuck, it’s cold! | 天啊 太冷了 |
[17:29] | I can no longer feel my balls. | 我的蛋都要冻掉了 |
[17:36] | No one should live here. | 这里根本不适合人住 |
[17:38] | You’re wrong about her. | 你误会她了 |
[17:41] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[17:44] | When that animal Berringer was terrorizing her, | 当那个禽兽贝林格恐吓她 |
[17:47] | threatening to kill her unless she | 威胁要杀掉她 |
[17:49] | agreed to name her connections to the resistance… | 除非她供出反抗军中的线人时 |
[17:53] | She refused. | 她拒绝了 |
[17:57] | She’s not crossed anyone, to my knowledge, | 据我所知 她没背叛过任何人 |
[18:00] | who hasn’t first crossed her, | 先背叛过她的人除外 |
[18:02] | present company included. | 包括现在的同伴 |
[18:06] | – Jack. – I heard you. | -杰克 -我听见了 |
[18:18] | Go see what kind of surgeon you can engage for Anne. | 去看看你能为安妮提供什么手术 |
[18:23] | I’ll… | 我来… |
[18:25] | do this. | 做这事 |
[18:29] | What? | 什么 |
[18:31] | It’s somehow only just occurred to me how ruined we’ll be | 不知怎的 我刚想到 要是我 |
[18:35] | if I fail to win the man on the other side | 无法说服这扇门之后的那个男人 |
[18:36] | of that door to our cause. | 我们的事业会变成什么样 |
[18:40] | No home. | 没有家园 |
[18:41] | No cache. | 没有宝藏 |
[18:43] | Anne on death’s door. | 安妮危在旦夕 |
[18:45] | A ship that can barely sail. | 几乎无法出航的船 |
[18:49] | But worst of all, | 但最糟糕的是 |
[18:51] | he’ll have won. | 他会赢了 |
[18:55] | Woodes Rogers will sit in Nassau | 伍兹·罗杰斯会待在拿骚 |
[18:57] | and grow old knowing that he was measured against us | 老了以后知道他和我们相比 |
[19:00] | and proven the better man. | 他更胜一筹 |
[19:05] | So, don’t fail. | 所以 一定要成功 |
[19:14] | I once thought like you. | 我也曾像你这般思考 |
[19:17] | That because I had reason to mistrust the pirates, | 因为我有理由怀疑海盗 |
[19:21] | that it necessarily followed that I must mistrust them. | 随之而来的便是我必须怀疑他们 |
[19:26] | But it is not so. | 但并不是这样 |
[19:29] | For there is also reason to see common interest with them. | 还应看到和他们的共同利益 |
[19:33] | I have fought alongside these men. | 我曾和他们并肩作战 |
[19:36] | I have fought alongside these men. | 我曾和他们并肩作战 |
[19:39] | But I did it so that I might find security. | 我是为了得到安全才那么做的 |
[19:43] | But what they are now arguing for | 但我认为他们现在赞成的 |
[19:45] | does not sound like security to me. | 并不安全 |
[19:47] | There is no lasting security to be had here. | 这里从未有过永恒的安全 |
[19:50] | We’ll fight to change that. | 我们会为了改变现状而战斗 |
[19:52] | Nothing is lasting. | 没什么是永恒的 |
[19:55] | But months, years, | 但长年累月 |
[19:58] | that is meaningful | 都意味深长 |
[20:00] | and it can be had here. | 这里能有永恒的安全 |
[20:02] | You now have the resources to have it here. | 你现在有保证安全的资源了 |
[20:05] | There is a treasure in the ground here. | 地下埋着宝藏 |
[20:08] | It’d purchase whatever is needed to survive. | 能购买所有生存所需的物资 |
[20:14] | No one has ever been this close, | 从未有人离得这么近 |
[20:18] | this near a chance to change the world. | 离改变世界的机会这么近 |
[20:22] | No one changes the world. | 没人能改变世界 |
[20:24] | Not like this. | 至少不会像这样 |
[20:27] | Not all at once. | 不会如此突然 |
[20:30] | The world is too strong for that. | 世界太强大了 |
[20:58] | From the moment he started speaking, | 从他开始讲话那刻起 |
[21:00] | I couldn’t stop thinking about her. | 我脑海里都是她 |
[21:05] | She died for this. | 她为此而死 |
[21:08] | She believed in this, | 她对此满怀信心 |
[21:09] | and if it all goes away, then it was all for nothing. | 如果都消散了 她就白死了 |
[21:19] | I can’t let this be for nothing. I just can’t. | 我不能让一切努力付诸东流 我做不到 |
[21:24] | It has to mean… | 这一定要有… |
[21:27] | something. | 意义 |
[21:50] | When I was drowning over Miranda… | 当我深陷于米兰达的死时 |
[21:56] | you helped me find my way out. | 你帮我走了出来 |
[21:59] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[22:07] | I will do the same for you. | 我也会为你这么做 |
[22:10] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[22:14] | But in order to do that, | 但为了达到这个目的 |
[22:17] | you have to trust my judgment for a little while | 在你的判断力摇摆不定之时 |
[22:20] | while yours is reeling. | 你要相信我 |
[22:26] | You think Julius gained momentum from what I said? | 你觉得尤利乌斯因为我的话而势头增大了 |
[22:28] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心这个 |
[22:31] | Everything is moving forward. | 所有事情都在向前发展 |
[22:35] | Just… | 只要… |
[22:39] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[22:55] | – It’s been going on so long. – We will get to the bottom of this. | -已经进行很久了 -我们会追根究底的 |
[22:58] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[23:01] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[23:04] | Is it true that you’ve come from Nassau? | 你们真的是从拿骚来的吗 |
[23:12] | It’s true, isn’t it? | 是真的 对吧 |
[23:15] | You’re one of them. | 你是他们中一员 |
[23:17] | You’re a pirate. | 你是个海盗 |
[23:22] | You are! | 你就是 |
[23:24] | I hear everyone knows everyone there, even the giants. | 我听说那里大家都互相认识 甚至包括巨头们 |
[23:28] | Will you tell me, | 你能告诉我 |
[23:30] | did you know Edward Teach? | 你认不认识爱德华·蒂奇 |
[23:33] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[23:40] | And Jack Rackham? | 那杰克·拉克姆呢 |
[23:43] | Did you know him, too? | 你也认识他吗 |
[23:46] | I heard a story that Jack Rackham outsmarted Captain Flint | 我听过一个杰克·拉克姆智取弗林特船长 |
[23:48] | to capture a Spanish treasure galleon right out from under him. | 从他的眼皮底下劫获一艘西班牙珍宝船的故事 |
[23:53] | Yeah. Knew him, too. | 是 也认识他 |
[23:56] | And believe it or not, that story is true. | 你信或不信 那是真的 |
[23:57] | What about Charles Vane? | 那查尔斯·韦恩呢 |
[24:05] | Charles Vane was my closest friend in the world. | 查尔斯·韦恩曾是这个世界上我最好的朋友 |
[24:10] | Tell me everything about him. | 告诉我关于他的一切 |
[24:16] | He was the bravest man I ever knew. | 他是我见过最勇敢的人 |
[24:20] | Not without fear, just unwilling to let it diminish him. | 不是说毫无畏惧 只是不想让恐惧打败他 |
[24:26] | And loyal to a fault. | 有点过于忠诚了 |
[24:30] | And in a world where honesty | 在这么一个经常 |
[24:31] | is so regularly and casually disregarded– | 随意无视正直的世界里 |
[24:34] | I heard he cut off a man’s head | 我听说他砍下一个男人的头 |
[24:35] | and left it as a marker in the sand | 将其留在沙子上 |
[24:37] | to anyone who would cross him. | 给想要背叛他的人做警示 |
[24:40] | It was a little more complicated than that. | 其实比那要复杂一点 |
[24:42] | I heard… | 我听说 |
[24:43] | …he sometimes butchered his enemies for amusement, | 他有时候会屠杀他的敌人作消遣 |
[24:46] | Made stew of their flesh. | 拿他们来炖肉 |
[24:48] | He was truly an animal. | 他是一个真正的野兽 |
[24:50] | Stew? | 炖肉 |
[24:53] | For what possible– | 因为什么… |
[24:55] | I’m– I beg your pardon, | 抱歉 |
[24:57] | but do you believe this? | 但是你相信这个 |
[24:59] | I read it in a newspaper. | 我是在报纸上读到的 |
[25:06] | Mr. Guthrie will see you now. | 格斯里先生可以与你会面了 |
[25:14] | Charles Vane was a good man. | 查尔斯·韦恩是个好人 |
[25:17] | What I told you was the truth. | 我所说的就是真相 |
[25:19] | Put down the newspapers and read a book. | 放下报纸 读读书吧 |
[25:27] | Truth isn’t nearly as interesting. | 真相一点都不好玩 |
[25:29] | I’m sorry, what was that? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[25:32] | Uh, I said the truth isn’t nearly as interesting. | 我说真相一点都不好玩 |
[25:39] | Sir. | 先生 |
[25:57] | I understand you believe we have business. | 我明白你觉得我们有生意可谈 |
[26:00] | News of the Bahama Islands of some sort, Mr.– | 关于巴哈马群岛之类的消息 这位… |
[26:04] | What is it? | 叫什么来着 |
[26:06] | Rackham. | 拉克姆 |
[26:10] | Captain Jack Rackham. | 杰克·拉克姆船长 |
[26:16] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[26:19] | The news I bring is of personal concern to you, Mr. Guthrie. | 我带来的消息和你有关 格里斯先生 |
[26:22] | Would you prefer if we discussed it privately? | 你想私下谈吗 |
[26:25] | Say what you came to say. | 有话就说 |
[26:33] | Your granddaughter Eleanor is dead. | 你的孙女埃莉诺已经死了 |
[26:39] | Governor Woodes Rogers plotted with Spanish forces | 为了镇压新普罗维登斯岛上的一场反抗运动 |
[26:43] | to help him quell a resistance movement on New Providence Island | 伍兹·罗杰斯总督和西班牙军队相勾结 |
[26:46] | by razing it to the ground. | 将其夷为平地 |
[26:48] | And Eleanor was killed as a result. | 后果就是埃莉诺被杀 |
[26:54] | I come to offer an opportunity to see that offense answered | 我是来提供一个给你报仇雪恨的机会 |
[26:59] | and find great commercial opportunity in the process. | 以及在这当中找到巨大的商机 |
[27:05] | Woodes Rogers bears debts he cannot hope to repay. | 伍兹·罗杰斯承担着他所担负不起的债务 |
[27:08] | Given the ruin Nassau lies in, | 鉴于拿骚已经被毁 |
[27:10] | those debts could be purchased | 那些债务可以按原价的 |
[27:12] | for a mere fraction of their value, for pennies. | 很小一部分购得 非常便宜 |
[27:16] | You could own Woodes Rogers | 那样伍兹·罗杰斯就能任你鱼肉 |
[27:18] | and see him imprisoned. | 将其关押 |
[27:19] | Meanwhile, while Nassau smolders, | 还有 当拿骚变成一片废墟之时 |
[27:21] | her real property could be bought for a song. | 可以以低价购得整座岛的所有权 |
[27:24] | I bring you the chance, sir, | 我给你带来了机会 先生 |
[27:26] | To own the island, shape the regime that runs it, | 占领那个岛屿 建立管理制度 |
[27:30] | And do it all while seeing justice visited | 做这一切的同时见证 |
[27:33] | on your granddaughter’s murderer. | 杀死你孙女的凶手受到正义的制裁 |
[27:34] | No. | 不要 |
[27:38] | No to which part? | 你是指哪一部分 |
[27:41] | All of it. | 全部 |
[27:44] | Mr. Guthrie, if you’d allow me to explain further– | 格里斯先生 如果你能允许我进一步解释 |
[27:47] | I heard what you said. | 我听到你说的了 |
[27:50] | The offense to my family’s name | 我家族的名字 |
[27:52] | was done a long time ago | 早已被人抹黑了 |
[27:55] | By my son. | 被我的儿子 |
[27:57] | He, his daughter, and all their efforts | 他 他的女儿 还有他们的所获 |
[28:00] | are parties to that offense | 都抹黑了我们的名声 |
[28:03] | and are no longer family of mine. | 已不再属于我们家族 |
[28:09] | That is all. | 就这样 |
[28:25] | She’s dead, isn’t she? | 她死了 不是吗 |
[28:34] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:37] | The news you bring about Eleanor. | 你带来的关于埃莉诺的消息 |
[28:39] | It’s that she’s dead, isn’t it? | 是说她死了 不是吗 |
[28:43] | It is. | 是的 |
[28:46] | And who are you? | 你是谁 |
[28:48] | Her grandmother. | 她的祖母 |
[28:54] | Wait outside. | 去外面等着 |
[28:57] | I’ll join you shortly. | 我等会儿就来 |
[29:11] | How long had she known? | 她知道多久了 |
[29:17] | I honestly don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[29:21] | Not long, I don’t believe. | 但时间应该不长 |
[29:26] | She rarely included me in her thinking. | 她很少告诉我她的想法 |
[29:31] | What I knew of her was mostly observed | 我对她的了解大部分都基于我的观察 |
[29:35] | rather than shared. | 而非由她分享 |
[29:39] | But one thing I know to be true… | 但有件事我很肯定… |
[29:44] | whatever risk she took or danger she braved… | 无论她冒怎样的危险 |
[29:51] | they were all made out of love for you. | 都是出于对你们的爱 |
[29:56] | She saw a life with you and the child… | 她预想与你和孩子在一起的美好生活… |
[30:03] | And she was determined to deliver you all into it. | 因此她拼尽全力去实现它 |
[30:15] | I’d like a moment alone. | 我想一个人静一会儿 |
[30:34] | I am so very sorry. | 我非常非常抱歉 |
[31:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:46] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:59] | I am… | 我… |
[32:04] | I beg your pardon, my lord. | 打扰了 大人 |
[32:08] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[32:11] | We need more supplies. | 我们需要更多的补给品 |
[32:12] | We found him amongst prisoners in the interior. | 我们在内陆的囚犯中找到他 |
[32:16] | I don’t advise that we consolidate them… | 我反对与他们联合… |
[32:18] | Absolutely. I mean, the wars are our priorities. | 我是说 应对战争才是我们的当务之急 |
[32:21] | A ringleader of the pirate militia. | 海盗民兵团的头目 |
[32:24] | He surrendered himself. | 他来投降 |
[32:26] | Said he would only speak with you directly. | 只愿意直接和您面谈 |
[32:30] | Speak with me? | 和我 |
[32:33] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[32:35] | He said he wants to make a deal. | 他说想做个交易 |
[32:51] | Follow me, please, captain. | 请跟我来 船长 |
[32:55] | Those men at that table are | 桌子边上那几个人 |
[32:56] | among the wealthiest in the pennsylvania colony | 是宾西法尼亚殖民地上最富有的家伙 |
[33:00] | And critical suppliers to my husband’s business. | 也是我丈夫做生意的主要供应商 |
[33:03] | They consider character to be of paramount importance | 他们将人品视为选择合伙人 |
[33:07] | in choosing their partners. | 最重要的条件 |
[33:09] | And so my husband has gone to great lengths | 因此我丈夫好不容易让他们相信 |
[33:11] | to assure them that our family’s | 我们家族早已不再 |
[33:13] | sordid beginnings are long since behind us. | 牵扯过去的肮脏勾当 |
[33:17] | And you just stood in front of them | 结果你跑到他们面前 |
[33:18] | and proposed that my husband join you in a revenge plot | 提议让我丈夫跟你一起密谋复仇计划 |
[33:21] | against the royal governor of New Providence Island. | 对付新普罗维登斯岛的皇家总督 |
[33:30] | I’m afraid I may have fumbled my case, then, ma’am, | 怪我笨嘴笨舌没说清楚 |
[33:32] | But the merits of it remain and exist well beyond revenge. | 但干这事的好处要远远不止报仇 |
[33:36] | If you could help me gain your husband’s ear again, | 如果您能帮我再次引荐一下 |
[33:39] | this time in private, outside the presence of those other men… | 这次我们私下谈 没有那些人在场… |
[33:41] | My husband’s commercial interests | 我丈夫的商业利润 |
[33:43] | have grown 12-fold in the past three years. | 在过去三年里涨了十二倍 |
[33:46] | By some estimates, the estate represents | 估算下来 不动产值 |
[33:49] | the ninth largest family fortune in the Americas. | 已经可以和美洲第九大家族的财富相提并论 |
[33:54] | Does that sound like something built by a man | 你觉得创造这一切的人 |
[33:56] | who would discard an opportunity as promising as this | 会被邻居的想法左右 |
[33:58] | because of what the neighbors might think? | 而放弃如此大好机会吗 |
[34:02] | No, it doesn’t. | 不会 |
[34:05] | So, what does that tell you? | 所以你从中知道了什么 |
[34:09] | It tells me… | 我知道了… |
[34:13] | It tells me that either Joseph Guthrie | 约瑟夫·格斯里 |
[34:16] | is among the 10 luckiest men in the Americas | 是全美州最幸运的十人之一 |
[34:19] | or that your husband’s business | 还有你丈夫的生意 |
[34:21] | is not entirely managed by your husband. | 并非完全掌握在你丈夫的手中 |
[34:28] | I see merit to your proposal. | 我懂你提议里的好处了 |
[34:31] | Though, I’ve yet to see your merit. | 但我还没看出你能带来什么好处 |
[34:34] | Why would I even consider | 我为何要考虑 |
[34:35] | taking on a pirate as a partner like this? | 选这样一个海盗作为合伙人呢 |
[34:39] | First, I and my partners | 首次 我和我的合伙人们 |
[34:41] | have intimate knowledge of Nassau’s operations. | 对拿骚的运作模式十分清楚 |
[34:44] | We’ve made it work once before | 我们之前有过一次愉快合作 |
[34:45] | and could again with your help. | 只要你愿意帮忙再来一次也不是难事 |
[34:48] | And second, | 再者 |
[34:51] | in all the years the Guthrie family | 这么多年来 格斯里家族 |
[34:52] | has had a relationship with Nassau, | 一直与拿骚有千丝万缕的联系 |
[34:55] | I imagine I’m the first pirate to find his way to your ear. | 我猜我是第一个知道如何说服你的海盗 |
[34:59] | So, either I’m the single luckiest pirate in all creation | 所以要么我就是最幸运的海盗 |
[35:03] | or I’m of a different sort to the rest of them. | 要么我就是海盗中的另类 |
[35:12] | Haul away! | 拖走 |
[35:19] | What happened with Mr. Guthrie? | 你和格斯里先生谈得怎样 |
[35:22] | Were you able to speak with him? | 你和他说上话了吗 |
[35:24] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[35:25] | He told me to go fuck myself. | 他让我滚一边儿去 |
[35:28] | Well, that does not sound good. | 听起来不太妙 |
[35:30] | The business isn’t his. | 生意不归他掌控 |
[35:32] | Well, the horses are his, the cart is his, | 当然了 马和车都是他的 |
[35:35] | But it appears the wife is the one holding the reins. | 但似乎他妻子才是掌权的那个 |
[35:39] | Eleanor’s grandmother? | 埃莉诺的祖母 |
[35:41] | And she is interested. | 而且她有兴趣 |
[35:44] | She invited me to return this evening | 她邀请我今晚再回去 |
[35:45] | to provide details of our proposal. | 提供更多细节 |
[35:48] | Prove that we can be trusted | 打消她的疑虑 证明 |
[35:49] | to manage Nassau in the event of Rogers’ removal. | 在逐出罗杰斯后 我们掌管拿骚没有问题 |
[35:54] | And I think you should come with me. | 我认为你应该跟我一起去 |
[35:57] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[35:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:01] | Because our plan is ludicrous | 因为站在理智的角度 |
[36:03] | by any sane measure | 我们的计划极为荒唐 |
[36:05] | and my suspicion is if she’s going to say yes, | 我不确定她是否会点头 |
[36:06] | It’s going to be for emotional reasons | 一定是出于感性考虑 |
[36:08] | rather than financial ones. | 而非为了牟利 |
[36:11] | She would look across the table and see a woman | 她会知道桌子对面的那个女人 |
[36:13] | with some experience quietly wielding power over men | 颇有凌驾于男人之上 |
[36:17] | without them knowing it. | 却让男人浑然不觉的手段 |
[36:19] | And a woman who might remind her of herself. | 一个使她想到她自己的女人 |
[36:22] | It might go a long way towards winning her. | 要想征服她没那么简单 |
[36:31] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[36:35] | You’re part of Long John Silver’s resistance. | 你是朗·约翰·西尔弗反抗军中的一员 |
[36:42] | I am Long John Silver. | 我就是朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[36:48] | The resistance in the interior… | 内陆地区的反抗军 |
[36:52] | I built it. | 是我组织建立的 |
[36:54] | I led it. It was mine. | 我领导的 原属于我的军队 |
[36:58] | I was hitting your supply lines to the estates, | 我攻破了你们种植园的供给线 |
[37:02] | fomenting sabotage in Nassau town, | 煽动拿骚里的骚乱 |
[37:07] | fighting your soldiers in untold skirmishes. | 同你方军队挑起事端不计其数 |
[37:13] | You killed many of my men | 你们杀掉了我很多手下 |
[37:15] | and I got my fair share of yours. | 但我也干掉了你们不少人 |
[37:20] | Why would you tell me this? | 你跟我说这个干嘛 |
[37:24] | Because I want you to know that I’m withholding nothing. | 因为我要你知道我毫无隐瞒 |
[37:28] | That I’m telling the truth. | 我跟你讲的都是事实 |
[37:31] | And I know what I’m talking about. | 我也知道我在讲什么 |
[37:36] | I don’t care about the cause now. | 我现在不在乎那份事业了 |
[37:40] | I don’t care about Nassau now. | 我也不在乎拿骚 |
[37:43] | I want one thing and one thing only. | 我只想要一样东西 |
[37:48] | What is that? | 什么 |
[37:53] | They all turned on me. | 他们都对我倒戈 |
[37:57] | Discarded what I’d done for them, | 全然不顾我为他们做过的 |
[37:59] | The sacrifices I made, | 我做出的牺牲 |
[38:02] | and left me for dead. | 全然不管我的死活 |
[38:07] | And I want them all to pay for it. | 我要他们所有人为此付出代价 |
[38:14] | I cannot achieve it on my own. | 我一个人做不到 |
[38:17] | You could… | 但你可以 |
[38:19] | If you were so inclined and you knew how. | 只要你决心坚定方法明确 |
[38:27] | Are you so inclined? | 你决心坚定吗 |
[38:32] | Do you know how? | 你知道怎么做吗 |
[38:40] | They are strong when Flint and Silver are united. | 弗林特和西尔弗团结一心时难以攻破 |
[38:44] | But separate the two of them, | 但一旦离间他们两人 |
[38:47] | turn them one against the other, | 让他们反目成仇 |
[38:48] | and their world collapses. | 他们就能不攻自破 |
[38:51] | I tried once and failed. | 我尝试过一次失败了 |
[38:55] | But I didn’t possess the instrument necessary to make it work. | 但我当时没有离间他们的必备工具 |
[38:59] | And you possess it now? | 你现在有了吗 |
[39:03] | No. | 没有 |
[39:07] | You do. | 你有 |
[39:27] | You brought a friend. | 你带来了一个朋友 |
[39:30] | A partner. | 合伙人 |
[39:33] | What sort of partner is that? | 什么样的合伙人 |
[39:35] | She’s operated significant commercial interests in Nassau town. | 她曾手握拿骚重大的商业利益 |
[39:39] | And both before and after restored colonial rule– | 无论实在恢复殖民统治之前还是之后… |
[39:42] | Does she speak? | 她会说话吗 |
[39:49] | There is no business of Nassau’s | 有段时间拿骚没有哪桩生意 |
[39:51] | that has not been business of mine for some time. | 不经过我的手打点 |
[39:54] | And aside from the interference of Woodes Rogers and his men, | 除了伍兹·罗杰斯那帮人干预 |
[39:57] | my business has been sound. | 我的决策一向合理可靠 |
[40:00] | This substantiates that. | 这一点可以证实 |
[40:04] | Mr. Oliver oversees our operations. | 奥利弗先生监督我们行动 |
[40:06] | Before I can be convinced that your proposal is credible, | 在我足以确信你的提案可取之前 |
[40:09] | he’ll need to be convinced that your proposal is credible. | 他得先确信你的提案行之有效 |
[40:40] | It’s interesting– | 有意思的是 |
[40:41] | When Richard was a little boy, | 理查德还小的时候 |
[40:42] | there was a tomcat that lived out in the woods behind the house. | 房子后面的林子里住着一只小猫 |
[40:47] | And it would scratch at the windows at all hours of the night. | 它整晚整晚地挠着窗户 |
[40:51] | Richard, all of four years old, | 理查德同所有四岁小孩一样 |
[40:55] | would go outside still in his nightshirt | 穿着睡衣走出去 |
[40:59] | and feed it. | 喂小猫吃东西 |
[41:02] | My husband disapproved. | 我的丈夫并不赞同这一举动 |
[41:03] | He thought it a sign of weakness. | 他认为这是软弱的表现 |
[41:09] | Given that kindness is a condition rare in our family, | 考虑到我们家族善良的美德颇为罕见 |
[41:12] | I suppose it’s unsurprising that it went misdiagnosed. | 因此有所误会不足为奇 |
[41:19] | So, Richard would feed the tomcat | 理查德喂猫吃东西 |
[41:22] | and Joseph would flog him for disobeying, | 约瑟夫便认为他不守规矩加以鞭打 |
[41:24] | kick the tomcat for instigating. | 并赶走了那只他认为带坏他的猫 |
[41:28] | But the next night, the tomcat would return, | 但第二天晚上猫又回来了 |
[41:32] | And on and on and on it went. | 一次一次又一次重演 |
[41:36] | See, none of them was capable of changing. | 他们都无法做出改变 |
[41:40] | The cat a slave to his hunger, | 猫受饥饿驱使 |
[41:43] | my son to his decency… | 而我儿子受善良蛊惑 |
[41:49] | My husband to his rage. | 我的丈夫抑制不住他的怒火 |
[41:54] | That would seem to be the history of Nassau, too, wouldn’t it? | 这也像拿骚的历史 不是吗 |
[41:57] | A cycle of violence | 暴力的循环 |
[41:59] | That benefits none and consumes all. | 无人受益众人遭殃 |
[42:04] | Suppose the question is, | 假设问题是 |
[42:06] | in Nassau’s story, which of these roles do you play? | 你们在拿骚的故事里扮演着什么角色 |
[42:13] | I beg your pardon, ma’am. | 打扰一下 女士 |
[42:16] | There are entries for your wage laborers here, | 这里有你劳工的工资记录 |
[42:19] | but I see no accounting for the others. | 但我没看到其他人的工资记录 |
[42:22] | I have no other laborers. | 我没有其他劳动力了 |
[42:27] | Your slaves, ma’am. | 你的奴隶 女士 |
[42:30] | I own no slaves and none work in my employ. | 我没有奴隶我也没有雇奴隶干活 |
[42:36] | I see cargo operations, | 我看到货物装卸记录 |
[42:38] | Uh, transportation of sugar, | 糖料运输 |
[42:39] | Building, all sorts of manual labor. | 各式各样的体力劳动 |
[42:42] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[42:43] | In the Bahamas. | 在巴哈马群岛 |
[42:45] | And you pay wages for all of that? | 你全都支付工资 |
[42:48] | That doesn’t seem very wise to me. | 在我看来并不明智 |
[42:49] | You are not from Nassau. | 你没去过拿骚 |
[42:52] | In Nassau, slaves have seen too many of their own | 在拿骚 奴隶们目睹着 |
[42:54] | find freedom amongst the crews on the account. | 自己的同伴们追求自由 |
[42:58] | It costs less to pay wages than to replace defectors, | 付工资要比被奴隶背叛 |
[43:03] | or worse yet, to pay guards to watch my door as I sleep. | 或是在我睡觉时雇人守卫稳妥多了 |
[43:07] | That isn’t the only reason, though, is it? | 然而这并不是唯一的原因 对不对 |
[43:15] | No, it is not. | 没错 这不是 |
[43:26] | In my life, I have been bought and sold. | 我这一生中 被人卖来卖去 |
[43:29] | And as I would be no slave again, | 我不会再沦为奴隶了 |
[43:31] | and nor would I be a master. | 但也不会成为主子 |
[43:39] | So, how exactly does one rise | 那么 这位发迹于 |
[43:41] | from a slave plantation in the French West Indies | 法属西印度群岛奴隶殖民地的你 |
[43:44] | to a library in Philadelphia | 又是如何能步入费城这间图书馆 |
[43:48] | trying to remake the world? | 试图改变世界的呢 |
[43:51] | What difference does it make? | 这又有什么区别 |
[44:01] | You are right. | 你说得没错 |
[44:04] | Many men have played a role in Nassau’s story, | 很多人都曾影响过拿骚的历史 |
[44:07] | but none have been able to | 但没有一个人能够 |
[44:08] | break the cycle of brutality and failure. | 终结岛上残忍 失败的统治 |
[44:12] | Your granddaughter came as close | 你的孙女比其他任何人 |
[44:14] | as anyone before or since. | 都有更深刻的感悟 |
[44:17] | But at the end of the day and despite her best intentions, | 但最终 尽管她的意愿是好的 |
[44:21] | there was one truth even she was unable to see. | 她最终也只能接受这样的结局 |
[44:26] | That at some point, | 在某种程度上 |
[44:28] | progress cannot begin and suffering will not end | 除非有勇士能深入丛林 弄死那只该死的猫 |
[44:33] | until someone has the courage to go out into the woods | 否则改变就没有一个开始的机会 |
[44:36] | and drown the damned cat. | 苦难也永不会结束 |
[44:45] | Lend us your help | 向我们伸出援手吧 |
[44:47] | and we will do whatever must be done | 我们会使出浑身解数 |
[44:50] | to move Nassau forward. | 推动拿骚的进步 |
[44:58] | I am intrigued by your proposal. | 你的提议打动了我 |
[45:02] | But there is one question remaining | 但还有一个问题 |
[45:04] | that you will have to show me you can adequately answer. | 你要让我得到满意的答案 |
[45:14] | What will you do when the cat fights back? | 如果那只猫反击 你该怎么办 |
[45:38] | It just arrived from Nassau. | 刚从拿骚送来的 |
[45:44] | She’s alive. | 她还活着 |
[45:48] | Held hostage by the governor in Nassau. | 被总督关押在拿骚 |
[45:52] | Unless we bring him the cache | 我们要在规定时间内送去金子 |
[45:54] | and surrender it to him by his deadline, she dies. | 并向他投降 不然他们就会杀掉她 |
[45:58] | She’s alive. | 她还活着 |
[46:01] | Who else knows about this? | 还有谁知道这件事 |
[46:02] | No one. | 没人 |
[46:04] | I summoned only the two of you. | 我只把你俩叫来了 |
[46:08] | My daughter is everything to me, | 我女儿就是我的一切 |
[46:13] | as I believe she is to you. | 相信她对你来说也十分重要 |
[46:16] | But that cache is critical to the success | 但那金子对于我们 |
[46:19] | of the war we’re about to begin. | 即将发动的战争却是极为关键的 |
[46:20] | And worse yet, | 更糟糕的是 |
[46:22] | if it were to be dug out of the ground under cover of night, | 如果趁着夜幕的笼罩下挖出金子 |
[46:25] | It would do irreparable damage to our allies’ trust in us. | 就会对盟友们对我们的信任造成不可逆转的损失 |
[46:28] | So, we don’t do it under the cover of night. | 那就不要趁着夜幕开挖 |
[46:31] | We make the argument. | 我们一起讨论 |
[46:33] | And this isn’t just sentiment. | 这也不光是因为感情 |
[46:35] | Madi is important to the cause in her own right. | 马迪对这项计划的成败也十分重要 |
[46:39] | Some of the men out there will agree, and we can… | 总有人会同意这一计划 我们就能… |
[46:48] | It doesn’t matter if some of them agree. | 别人是否同意并不重要 |
[46:52] | You’re suggesting we just refuse? | 你的意思是拒绝这封信吗 |
[46:55] | They’ll kill her. | 他们会杀了她的 |
[46:58] | If we even introduce this question to the men in this camp, | 如果我们把这事告诉营地里的人 |
[47:02] | lines will be drawn, fighting will ensue. | 就会出现不同阵营 从而引起争执 |
[47:06] | This alliance is far too fragile at this stage | 眼下这同盟真是太脆弱了 |
[47:08] | to withstand that kind of turmoil. | 经不起这样的打击 |
[47:13] | We can pay the ransom or we can have our war, | 要么交赎金 要么就开战 |
[47:16] | but we cannot have both. | 不能兼得 |
[47:19] | A week ago, | 一星期前 |
[47:21] | you were willing to trade this money for a fucking fort. | 你还愿意用这笔钱去换座堡垒 |
[47:24] | And now it’s too important to trade for Madi’s life? | 难道马迪的性命还不如堡垒重要吗 |
[47:29] | Things have changed. | 情况不同了 |
[47:30] | Nothing has changed that justifies trading her life for your war. | 再不同也不能让她成为你那战争的代价 |
[47:34] | No one is saying that we let her die. | 没人说让她去送死 |
[47:36] | No? Because that is certainly what it sounds like. | 没说吗 我听着怎么是这个意思 |
[47:40] | We will find a way to get her back. | 我们会想办法救她的 |
[47:42] | We just cannot sacrifice the cache in order to do it. | 只是不能为了救她而献出金子 |
[47:47] | Is this war more important than her life? | 这战争难道真的比她还重要吗 |
[47:51] | Answer the question. | 回答我 |
[47:54] | I wanna hear you say it. | 我想听你亲口告诉我 |
[47:57] | Is this war more important than her life? | 这战争难道真的比她还重要吗 |
[48:04] | Right now with what’s at stake… | 就目前的危机情况… |
[48:09] | – Yes, it is more important. – Oh, fuck you! | -是的 比她重要 -去你的 |
[48:11] | We cannot permit Woodes Rogers to divide us like this. | 我们不能就此被伍兹·罗杰斯分裂 |
[48:14] | I will not permit it. | 我不允许 |
[48:15] | Madi would not permit it, and you know it. | 马迪也不会同意 你很清楚这一点 |
[48:18] | But we’re not going to permit him to kill her either. | 但也同样不允许他杀掉她 |
[48:20] | You cannot guarantee that… | 你不能保证… |
[48:21] | we will sail to Nassau under cover of night. | 我们趁着夜晚开去拿骚 |
[48:24] | We will find her. We will kill anyone who stands in our way. | 我们会找到她 谁挡杀谁 |
[48:27] | And we will bring her home. | 然后带她回来 |
[48:32] | When you and I are of the same mind… | 只要你我心往一处想… |
[48:35] | There is nothing we have not yet been able to do. | 就没有什么能阻挡我们的步伐 |
[48:40] | I believe that. | 我相信这一点 |
[48:43] | I trust it. | 很有信心 |
[48:47] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[49:31] | I’ve heard you were with her. | 听说你当时跟她在一起 |
[49:37] | With Eleanor. | 和埃莉诺在一起 |
[49:41] | How did she die? | 她是怎么死的 |
[49:46] | – What? – Weapons were found inside the house… | -什么 -她房间里面有武器 |
[49:52] | A soldier who was dead before the fire consumed him. | 一个士兵被火烧死前 就已经死了 |
[50:00] | I’m asking if she died fighting. | 我是在问她是死于抗争吗 |
[50:27] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[50:29] | Terms. | 条款 |
[50:34] | When this is through, you’ll present this to your people | 等事情结束 你把这个带给你的人看 |
[50:36] | And advocate to accept them. | 说服他们接受 |
[50:40] | Every fugitive slave in your camp | 所有你营地里的逃亡奴隶 |
[50:42] | will receive their immediate emancipation. | 可以立即被释放 |
[50:45] | With one condition. | 只有一个条件 |
[50:49] | Any escaped slave who seeks refuge with you | 所有向你寻求庇护的逃亡奴隶 |
[50:51] | after the ratification of this deal | 在这一切达成共识之后 |
[50:53] | will be surrendered to the law. | 将向法律自首 |
[50:57] | And any pirate at any time who seeks refuge with you | 还有所有向你寻求庇护的海盗 |
[51:00] | Will be surrendered to the law. | 也要向法律自首 |
[51:06] | Why would we ever accept that? | 我们为什么要接受 |
[51:09] | Because if you don’t, I will see to it | 因为如果你们不接受 你营地里的所有 |
[51:11] | that every man, woman, | 男人 女人 |
[51:12] | and child in that camp is put back into chains. | 孩子将会重新被套上枷锁 |
[51:14] | I will see each of them sold far and wide, | 他们将会被卖到世界各地 |
[51:17] | cast out into the world alone. | 一个一个被驱逐出去 |
[51:18] | And then I will burn everything that remains to the ground. | 然后我会烧毁你们所剩余的一切 |
[51:25] | From here, your outcomes | 从现在开始 你的结果 |
[51:27] | are bad or worse. | 只有糟与更糟 |
[51:34] | That’s what defeat looks like. | 成王败寇即是如此 |
[52:03] | Eleanor died fighting. | 埃莉诺是抗争而死 |
[52:10] | As will I. | 我也会 |
[52:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[52:29] | They’re saying you’re heading south and I’m to stay here. | 他们说你要往南方前进 而我将被留在这里 |
[52:33] | I can’t get a straight answer past that. | 你不要给我拐弯抹角的回答 |
[52:36] | Sit down. | 先坐 |
[52:45] | She agreed. | 她同意了 |
[52:48] | Madam Guthrie. | 格斯里夫人 |
[52:50] | Everything we want for Nassau. | 我们想要为拿骚做的任何事 |
[52:54] | Control, | 控制权 |
[52:56] | A stake, | 资金 |
[52:58] | Rogers’ defeat and humiliation. | 罗杰斯的失败与耻辱 |
[53:02] | There’s now a real path to have it done. | 现在有一条路可以做到这一些 |
[53:05] | But there is one final test | 但还有最后一个测试 |
[53:11] | to prove our worth | 来证明我们的价值 |
[53:13] | and to lessen the risk on her end. | 来减少她会面临的风险 |
[53:17] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[53:18] | Flint. | 弗林特 |
[53:22] | She wants him dead and she wants me to do it. | 她想要我杀了他 |
[53:25] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[53:31] | On some level, they can’t be blamed. | 某种程度上 也不能怪他们 |
[53:34] | Flint will stop at nothing | 除非整个西印度群岛毁灭 |
[53:36] | till all the west Indies are ablaze. | 否则弗林特不会善罢甘休的 |
[53:40] | Without him, our prospects of success in nassau | 如果没有他 我们对拿骚未来的展望 |
[53:43] | are certainly greatly improved. | 是相当有保障的 |
[53:46] | And as far as he and I go, | 我和他经历了这么多 |
[53:49] | it’s not as if he wouldn’t do the same to me | 即使是我俩角色对换一下 |
[53:50] | were the roles reversed. | 他也不会对我做这样的事 |
[53:54] | Jack, how are you gonna do that? | 杰克 你打算怎么做 |
[53:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[54:02] | I’ll have to find him, | 我得找到他 |
[54:04] | Get through the army of maroons he calls allies, | 避开他称之为盟友的奴隶大军 |
[54:07] | get through Long John Silver | 避开朗·约翰·西弗尔 |
[54:09] | and the animal whose leash he now holds. | 还有所有他控制的人 |
[54:14] | And somehow escape it all alive… | 然后成功得手并脱身 |
[54:19] | all without you. | 我不想连累你 |
[54:23] | But even if you could do all those things… | 但即使你能做到 |
[54:28] | I mean, how could you be someone who would do that? | 你怎么让自己变成做出这种事的人呢 |
[54:33] | The world would know that you were the one | 整个世界都会知道你是这样一个 |
[54:35] | to betray every last one of our brothers. | 背叛了我们每一个弟兄的人 |
[54:39] | Betray the memory of Charles Vane. | 背叛了查尔斯·韦恩的意志 |
[54:46] | Charles Vane is dead. | 查尔斯·韦恩已经死了 |
[54:51] | I do it for us. | 我是为了我们 |
[54:56] | That’s how it started. | 这是开始 |
[54:59] | That’s how it’s going to end. | 也将这样结束 |
[55:05] | We should be going. | 我们该启程了 |
[55:53] | You’ll, you know… | 你… 你知道的 |
[55:59] | I will. | 我会的 |
[56:08] | Look lively. | 打起精神来 |
[56:09] | Let’s get underway. | 我们启程 |
[56:34] | Seems confident it’s to be done, doesn’t he? | 看起来他很有信心 不是吗 |
[56:39] | To rescue her without paying the governor his ransom. | 不带赎金去救她 |
[56:45] | He is confident in his plan… | 他很自信他的计划 |
[56:49] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[56:53] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[56:56] | One of you is more confident than the other, I think. | 我想 你俩之间总有一个人比另一个更自信 |
[57:01] | What are you saying? | 什么意思 |
[57:07] | You’re confident in his plan, May be because it’s a good plan. | 你对他的计划充满了信心 也许是因为这是个好计划 |
[57:11] | May be because it’s the only plan. | 也许因为这是唯一的计划 |
[57:14] | But maybe it’s just because if his plan don’t succeed, | 但也许只是因为如果他的计划不成功 |
[57:18] | You’ll have to show him that you prepared for the failure. | 你会告诉他你准备好面对失败了 |
[57:23] | That the world ain’t gonna be what he wanted. | 世界并不会如他所愿的那样 |
[57:28] | And that a treasure he wanted left in the ground | 还有他想埋在地下的那些财宝 |
[57:31] | ain’t in the ground no more. | 不复存在了 |
[57:40] | And when that happens | 当那一切来临 |
[57:42] | and the extreme reaction follows, | 极端的后果接踵而至 |
[57:45] | it’s one of two roads ahead. | 你只有两条路可以走 |
[57:48] | You’re either gonna have to concede and let him have his way… | 要么你让步 让他继续他的路 |
[57:53] | or you’re gonna have to kill him. | 要么你就得杀了他 |
[57:57] | You know this, don’t you? | 你知道的 对吧 |