时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | My instinct is the same now as it was then. | 我的本能和上次一样 |
[00:13] | I will show them what the consequences are | 我会让他们看看威胁我所挚爱的 |
[00:15] | for threatening that which I hold most dear. | 会是什么下场 |
[00:20] | Secure the rest of them. | 看好其他人 |
[00:22] | Set a course for Nassau. | 制定航线回拿骚 |
[00:23] | – You want to withdraw? – If we don’t, | -你难道要撤退吗 -如果不撤退 |
[00:25] | it will be the end of whatever trust | 我们和岛上所有奴隶取得的信任 |
[00:27] | exists between us and the slaves on the island. | 将全部瓦解 |
[00:29] | The only way to free them safely | 要想安全解放他们 |
[00:31] | is if it is all at once– | 只有联合所有岛上的反抗势力 |
[00:32] | simultaneous revolts across the island. | 一次性拿下所有种植园 |
[00:35] | Billy and his men are our enemies now, but these men are not. | 比利的队伍是我们的敌人 这几个人不是 |
[00:39] | Why do we need an escort to the fort? | 为什么我们要被护送去堡垒 |
[00:41] | Quickly, please. We don’t have much time. | 请快点 我们没时间了 |
[00:42] | Threats have been made. The story’s been told. | 威胁的话已经广而告之 |
[00:44] | Everyone in Nassau knows what Long John Silver’s return means, | 拿骚所有人都知道朗·约翰·西尔弗回归意味着什么 |
[00:48] | what’s expected of them when he does return. | 真正回归时他们应该怎么做 |
[00:51] | All that remains is for him to return. | 余下该做的是让他回归 |
[02:50] | We’re not apart on this island. | 我们在这个岛上不搞分裂 |
[02:53] | We cannot be apart. | 我们不能被分裂 |
[02:55] | Many of you have got kin at the Underhill estate. | 你们很多人都有亲属在昂德希尔种植园 |
[02:59] | A reminder of how our fates are bound together here. | 这能时刻提醒我们的命运是紧密相连的 |
[03:03] | And then that kin of yours aided in a revolt | 你们的亲属协助叛乱 |
[03:07] | where three– | 使三人… |
[03:09] | Mr. Underhill, his wife, | 昂德希尔先生 他的妻子 |
[03:12] | and nine-year-old daughter were murdered in cold blood. | 以及他九岁的孩子被人残忍杀害 |
[03:17] | What happened there is paid for here. | 那里的血债要在这里偿还 |
[03:21] | I pray a lesson that will not soon be forgotten. | 我希望能让你们好好记住这个教训 |
[03:25] | Have you got something to say, Julius? | 你有什么要说的吗 尤利乌斯 |
[03:50] | Get them back in the barracks. | 把他们送回营房 |
[03:52] | – Nassau’s fallen. – Aye. | -拿骚要沦陷了 -好 |
[03:55] | Get them back inside! | 把他们送进去 |
[04:13] | – Come on, protect the lady! – It’s okay, it’s okay! Stay down. | -快 保护女士 -没事的 蹲下 |
[04:17] | – Quick, get on out of here! – Help her up! Help her up! | -快上来 -帮她一把 帮她一把 |
[04:20] | Get on! | 上来 |
[04:22] | Go, go, go! | 走 走 走 |
[04:52] | – You’re hurt. – I’m fine. | -你受伤了 -我没事 |
[04:53] | – Is there a list of everyone who made it inside? – Yes, ma’am. | -所有进来的人有名单吗 -有 |
[04:56] | Bring it to me, please. And find Max as well. | 给我看看 再去找麦克斯 |
[04:57] | I need to speak with her right away. | 我要马上找她谈谈 |
[04:59] | Move the harbor-facing guns. | 把朝向港口的炮撤下来 |
[05:00] | I want them pointed toward | 把它们全部 |
[05:01] | the town and ready for our first barrage. | 对准城镇 准备好第一波火力 |
[05:03] | – What is going on here? – Everything is under control, ma’am. | -现在怎么样了 -情况在掌控之中 夫人 |
[05:05] | We’ll have our counterattack underway before nightfall. | 我们入夜前便可发起反攻 |
[05:08] | We’re not moving those guns. | 我们不撤那些炮 |
[05:10] | There will be no barrage and there will be no counterattack. | 不准备火力 不准备反攻 |
[05:12] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[05:14] | Firing those guns isn’t likely to achieve anything | 开火只会激发 |
[05:16] | other than advertising our panic and fear. | 我们的焦虑和恐惧 |
[05:18] | Not to mention wasting shot and powder, | 更别提还会浪费弹药 |
[05:19] | which will be invaluable when the time does come for its use. | 真的到了紧急关头 那些东西都非常珍贵 |
[05:21] | With all due respect, madam, | 恕我直言 夫人 |
[05:23] | it is our duty to do everything within our power | 我们的职责就是尽我们所能 |
[05:25] | – to retake Nassau town. – It’s lost. | -夺回拿骚 -已经沦陷了 |
[05:29] | For the moment, Nassau town is lost. | 现在 拿骚已经沦陷了 |
[05:31] | That much is painfully clear. | 这是残酷的事实 |
[05:33] | It is our duty now to secure ourselves here, conserve resources, | 我们现在的责任是保护自己 保存资源 |
[05:37] | and hold out until the governor returns | 坚持到总督回来 |
[05:38] | with whatever aid he was | 带来他所能 |
[05:39] | able to muster to combine with our force. | 寻求到的帮助 和我们联合 |
[05:41] | Then we will launch a credible assault | 然后我们再发起猛攻 |
[05:43] | to drive out Captain Flint and his men. | 赶走弗林特船长和他的人 |
[05:45] | I’ve ensured we have stores and provision to last us weeks. | 我已经确认我们的补给足够撑好几个星期 |
[05:47] | – But what if the governor does not return? – He will return. | -但万一总督没回来呢 -他会回来的 |
[05:51] | And we will be prepared to join him | 等他回来 我们得准备好 |
[05:52] | in fighting our enemy when he does. | 和他一起与敌人抗争 |
[05:54] | Mrs. Rogers. | 罗杰斯夫人 |
[05:56] | Is that the list? | 那是名单吗 |
[05:57] | – Yes, ma’am, but… – Where is Max? | -是的 夫人 但是… -麦克斯在哪 |
[05:59] | – I thought I asked you to fetch her. – She’s not here, ma’am. | -我叫你去接她了的 -她不在 夫人 |
[06:02] | She isn’t here? What do you mean she isn’t here? | 她不在这里 什么叫她不在这里 |
[06:03] | She was the first name I gave you to secure. | 我要你保护的第一个人就是她 |
[06:05] | I sent two of my best men to retrieve her. | 我派两名最得力的部下去找她 |
[06:07] | But apparently between there and here, they were unsuccessful. | 但显然他们没有成功地回来 |
[06:30] | Nassau works best when its men know what crews they belong to | 只有在拿骚人民知道自己该站在哪一边 |
[06:33] | and what captains they answer to. | 该听命于哪个船长时才是最好的 |
[06:36] | Without structure, disorder is only to be expected. | 没有明确的阶层 只有引发混乱 |
[06:39] | Now, you will begin with men that you know and trust. | 现在你们从你们了解和信任的人开始 |
[06:43] | And from there, you will begin | 然后 你们要尽快 |
[06:44] | to reorganize your crews as quickly as possible. | 重新组织你们的船员 |
[06:47] | Crews? With no ships? | 船员 没有船 |
[06:50] | Well, we’ve all hunted small– piraguas or less. | 我们都曾用小船征战 独木舟之类的 |
[06:52] | It’ll have to start there until things are settled. | 在一切尘埃落定之前 只能先从这里开始 |
[06:55] | But it is the only way there | 但是只有这样 |
[06:56] | will be any semblance of order in the meantime. | 才能表现出貌似井然有序的样子 |
[06:59] | There aren’t gonna be many | 现在不会有太多人 |
[07:00] | men out there eager to take orders anytime soon. | 愿意听从命令的 |
[07:04] | You were chosen | 你被我选中 |
[07:05] | because I thought you | 是因为我觉得你 |
[07:06] | were worthy to be the first captain’s counsel | 有能力成为再夺回拿骚后 |
[07:08] | of a restored Nassau. | 船长的首席顾问 |
[07:10] | Do I need to reconsider? | 我是不是要重新考虑一下 |
[07:16] | You heard him. | 你听见他说的了 |
[07:27] | What did he think? | 他在想什么 |
[07:28] | He was going to get a different answer from me? | 他能从我这儿得到不同的答案吗 |
[07:30] | Well, if in doubt, ask someone else, I suppose. | 如果有疑问 我猜只能问问其他人了 |
[07:33] | The more they realize there is no daylight between you and I, | 他们越是明白我俩之间亲密无间 |
[07:36] | the more they will learn to accept our shared authority. | 就越能接受我俩共同掌权 |
[07:39] | Is it safe, then, to admit that I’m not sure he’s wrong? | 如果我说我不确定他是否错了会有影响吗 |
[07:42] | It’s bad out there. Worse than I anticipated. | 外面情况很糟 比我预期中的更糟 |
[07:45] | All life begins in violence and wailing. | 所有的生活都由暴力和哭嚎开始 |
[07:47] | It will pass. | 会过去的 |
[07:48] | A lot of things begin with violence and wailing. | 很多事物都由暴力和哭嚎开始 |
[07:51] | A lot of them end up that way, too. | 很多事物也是由暴力和哭嚎终结的 |
[07:53] | – Though, I admire your optimism. – Captain. | -但我欣赏你的乐观态度 -船长 |
[07:56] | What news from the beach? | 海滩那边有什么消息 |
[07:58] | The governor’s close council and several dozen soldiers | 总督的内阁和几十名士兵 |
[08:00] | have managed to secure themselves inside the fort. | 成功地躲进了堡垒里 |
[08:02] | Eleanor Guthrie, is she among them? | 埃莉诺·格斯里也在他们之中吗 |
[08:04] | She is. | 是的 |
[08:05] | And she sent a note. | 她寄了张纸条来 |
[08:07] | She sent it? | 是她寄的吗 |
[08:08] | She’s taken charge of them all already? | 她已经开始掌管他们了吗 |
[08:12] | It’s an offer of an exchange. | 是一个交易请求 |
[08:14] | 20 of our men captured during the invasion | 20个在入侵中被俘的我方人员 |
[08:16] | and held in the fort for Max. | 以及他们保证不出堡垒 来换取麦克斯 |
[08:21] | 20 men following orders would make a big difference out there. | 多20个听从指挥的人能在外面大有作为 |
[08:24] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[08:25] | Unfortunately, I don’t think we have Max. | 但不幸的是我们好像没抓到麦克斯 |
[08:27] | Do we have Max? | 我们抓到麦克斯了吗 |
[08:29] | Does anyone know where she is? | 有人知道她在哪吗 |
[08:33] | All right. Grab some men. Set about finding her. | 好吧 组织一些人去找她 |
[08:36] | She’s not in the fort. She couldn’t have gotten very far. | 她不在堡垒里 一定没走远 |
[08:40] | And Billy? | 比利呢 |
[08:48] | Where is Billy? | 比利在哪 |
[08:50] | I couldn’t say. | 我不确定 |
[08:51] | I saw some of his men by the beach, | 我看到他的一些手下在海滩上 |
[08:52] | but I assumed we were keeping our distance from them. | 但我以为我们要和他们保持距离 |
[08:56] | Keeping our distance? | 保持距离 |
[08:59] | He’s stolen the army that pledged its allegiance to us, | 他偷走了向我们效忠的军队 |
[09:02] | not to mention the damaged he’s caused | 更不用提他对我们和 |
[09:04] | with our alliance to the slave communities on this island. | 岛上奴隶之间的盟约所造成的伤害 |
[09:07] | There are a thousand men | 岛上有数以千计的人 |
[09:08] | out there who’ve been awaiting my arrival. | 等着我的到来 |
[09:11] | They’re now armed and | 他们全副武装 |
[09:12] | angry and I haven’t yet said a word to them. | 且怒气冲天 而我却还没和他们说上话 |
[09:16] | If the first five are, | 如果和他们说的第一句话是 |
[09:17] | “Billy Bones has crossed you,” | “比利·蓬斯背叛了你们” |
[09:18] | would you care to guess what happens next? | 你猜会发生什么 |
[09:22] | Go out there and put forth the word. | 放话出去 |
[09:25] | If Billy isn’t in this room within the hour, | 如果比利一小时内不出现在这个房间 |
[09:26] | I promise him he will regret it. | 我保证他会后悔的 |
[09:34] | You heard him. | 你听见他说的了 |
[09:58] | Sails! | 有船 |
[10:00] | South-southwest! | 南偏西南方向 |
[10:11] | Heading north. | 正在向北航行 |
[10:12] | She’s coming from Nassau. | 它是从拿骚来的 |
[10:14] | A boat that small headed to open water? | 这么小的船航行在公海上 |
[10:20] | – Set a course to intercept her. – Aye, sir. | -设定航线去拦截它 -是 长官 |
[10:26] | Coming aboard. | 上船 |
[10:30] | Mr. Rawls! | 罗尔斯先生 |
[10:32] | Governor. Thank you. | 总督 谢谢你 |
[10:33] | You’ve no idea how grateful we are to see you. | 能见到你我们简直太感谢 |
[10:35] | What happened in Nassau? | 拿骚发生了什么 |
[10:37] | The pirates, they took it. | 海盗们夺走了它 |
[10:40] | They killed him, Captain Berringer, right in the square. | 他们杀了贝林格船长 就在广场上 |
[10:43] | Slit his throat on the gallows. | 在绞刑架上割了他的喉 |
[10:45] | We just barely escaped before it was all overrun. | 我们在拿骚彻底沦陷前勉强逃了出来 |
[10:48] | – Gloucestershire, has she departed yet? – Sir? | -格洛斯特希尔号驶离了吗 -什么 |
[10:51] | My ship in the harbor, the one | 我停在港口的那艘船 |
[10:52] | that was to depart for Philadelphia with my wife, | 准备要载着我夫人去费城的那艘 |
[10:54] | was she still there when you left? | 你走的时候它还在吗 |
[11:03] | I am about to make haste to Nassau. | 我准备要赶去拿骚了 |
[11:05] | I cannot afford to tow that sloop along. | 我不能拖着那艘单桅帆船一起 |
[11:06] | You will take her and sail for Port Royal | 你要驾驶它开往皇家港 |
[11:08] | where you will deliver the prisoners | 把船上的犯人 |
[11:09] | in her hold to Governor Addison and his men. | 交给爱迪生总督和他的手下 |
[11:10] | – Do you understand? – I– I could send Mr. Chase, sir– | -你明白吗 -我可以派蔡斯去 |
[11:13] | I would like for it to be you, Lieutenant. | 我希望是你去 副官 |
[11:15] | There are 42 pirates in the belly of that ship | 那艘船上有42名海盗 |
[11:16] | and I can spare no more than a handful of men to see to her. | 我只能分派一小部分人来完成这事 |
[11:18] | I beg your pardon, my Lord. I want to be a part– | 大人请三思 我想成为 |
[11:21] | I understand you wanna be part of the fight that’s coming. | 我明白你想成为即将到来的战斗的一部分 |
[11:22] | I understand you want retribution for Captain Berringer. | 我明白你想为贝林格船长复仇 |
[11:24] | Right now, the successful transfer of those prisoners | 可我现在现在需要你做的 |
[11:26] | is what I need from you. | 是把那些俘虏安全转移 |
[11:29] | Do you understand me? | 你听明白了吗 |
[11:31] | Yes, my Lord. | 明白了 大人 |
[12:07] | There’s a fight | 在拿骚 |
[12:09] | soon to be underway in Nassau. | 很快就会出现一场争斗 |
[12:12] | A fight that we are entitled to be a part of. | 我们有权参与这场争斗 |
[12:18] | A fight to answer a cowardly crime. | 这场争斗起于一桩卑鄙行径 |
[12:23] | A fight that’s been stolen from us | 这场争斗被你们这群渣滓 |
[12:27] | by you fucking people. | 从我们手中抢走 |
[12:32] | So, the way I see it, | 因此 在我看来 |
[12:36] | each one of you owes us a fight. | 你们每个人都欠我们一笔债 |
[12:41] | And Mr. Milton… | 而米尔顿先生 |
[12:45] | is here to collect. | 是来讨债的 |
[12:56] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:04] | I think we’re all properly angry | 对于他在昂德希尔种植园的作为 |
[13:06] | about what he did on the Underhill estate. | 我想我们都十分震怒 |
[13:08] | – What he did? – Yes. | -他的所作所为 -对 |
[13:12] | But a very wise woman recently told me | 但一位非常睿智的女人最近告诉我 |
[13:15] | that one should not allow their personal feelings | 一个人不应该被私人感情所蒙蔽 |
[13:18] | to cloud the reality of the situation, | 以致看不清事情真相 |
[13:20] | which in both that case and this… | 昂德希尔一事 乃至如今之事 |
[13:24] | is that Billy has influence that is best not ignored. | 真相就是 比利的影响力不容小觑 |
[13:28] | That sounds like good advice. | 真是十分中肯的建议 |
[13:31] | Was it given before or after he tried to kill the two of you? | 请问是在他试图杀你们之前还是之后说的 |
[13:36] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[14:02] | The Boyd brothers launched a | 博伊德兄弟 |
[14:03] | raid on one of the governor’s munition stores. | 对总督的一处军火库发起了突袭 |
[14:07] | We just managed to put it down. | 我们刚镇压完毕 |
[14:11] | I think we can all agree it helps none of us | 我认为大家应该都同意 |
[14:12] | to have those idiots armed to the teeth. | 让这些蠢货全副武装毫无好处 |
[14:16] | Yeah. | 好 |
[14:21] | Lest you think I’ve been avoiding you. | 请别误会 我没有在躲你 |
[14:24] | We’ve had our hands full out there, | 只是我们最近手头上的事都很多 |
[14:27] | trying to manage the transition. | 都在忙交接的事 |
[14:30] | That’s good. | 挺好的 |
[14:33] | Though, uh, | 不过 |
[14:35] | I think we ought to discuss… | 我认为我们应该商讨一下 |
[14:39] | what it’s a transition to. | 要交接什么 |
[14:43] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[14:46] | Where would you like to begin? | 你想从哪里开始 |
[14:48] | What happened on that estate? | 那座种植园里发生了什么 |
[14:52] | Was the aftermath not what we feared? | 没出现我们害怕的结果吗 |
[15:06] | As it will be difficult to fully defend Nassau | 没有这座岛上奴隶群体的帮助 |
[15:10] | without the assistance of the slave communities of this island, | 我们很难捍卫拿骚的安全 |
[15:14] | as our relationship with those communities | 然而如今这件事 |
[15:17] | is likely severely damaged as a result of this, | 可能会严重破坏我们与奴隶们的关系 |
[15:22] | it will be critical | 因此 |
[15:24] | that she proceed to the estate at once | 必须让她立刻赶到种植园 |
[15:27] | and attempt to repair that relationship | 尽一切努力去修复 |
[15:29] | to whatever extent is possible. | 我们与奴隶的关系 |
[15:33] | Can we trust that you will guarantee | 你们能否保证 |
[15:36] | she will be received there safely? | 她安全抵达那里 |
[15:41] | ‘Course we can. | 当然可以 |
[15:45] | Of course Billy would never violate | 比利当然不会背弃我的信任 |
[15:48] | the trust I place in him as a brother… | 我把他当兄弟 |
[15:52] | as a friend, | 也当朋友 |
[15:54] | to allow harm to come to those closest to me. | 他不会允许我在乎的人受到伤害 |
[15:59] | For if Billy | 如果比利 |
[16:01] | were to do something as disloyal as that, | 真的做出这样背信弃义的事 |
[16:05] | he knows I’d stop at nothing | 他很清楚 |
[16:06] | to see that offense repaid against him. | 我会不惜一切代价让他血债血偿 |
[16:10] | I will see to it. | 我明白 |
[16:11] | I should fucking hope so. | 你给我记清楚了 |
[16:15] | Is everyone feeling better… | 这件事说完之后 |
[16:20] | now they’ve got that off their chests? | 大家是不是觉得轻松多了 |
[16:26] | I ask as I’m wondering when would be a good time | 我这样问是想知道 什么时候才方便 |
[16:28] | for us to talk about Max. | 聊聊麦克斯的事 |
[16:33] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[16:35] | You don’t think there’s anything going on in Nassau right now | 你觉得目前拿骚发生的所有事情 |
[16:38] | that I don’t know about, do you? | 还有我不知道的吗 |
[16:42] | I’m aware of the prisoner exchange | 我很清楚堡垒里的钉子户 |
[16:44] | offered by the holdouts in the fort. | 提出可以交换俘虏 |
[16:46] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[16:49] | You’re going to help us find her? | 你要帮我们找到她吗 |
[16:51] | Find her? | 找到她 |
[16:56] | I have her. | 她就在我手里 |
[17:06] | I am responsible | 我有责任 |
[17:09] | for delivering all 42 of you to the law in Port Royal. | 送你们42人去皇家港接受法律审裁 |
[17:15] | Let me dispel that notion for you right away. | 容我更正一下各位的想法 |
[17:20] | It won’t be happening. | 我不会这样做 |
[17:23] | I assume there is some token number | 为了做做样子 |
[17:26] | I must actually deliver for appearance’s sake. | 我肯定还是得带几个人过去 |
[17:30] | How many that is I– I honestly couldn’t say. | 具体是多少 说实话我也不清楚 |
[17:40] | You’re the captain now that Teach is dead, yes? | 现在蒂奇已死 你就是船长了吧 |
[17:45] | I am. | 是的 |
[17:47] | Then you choose. | 那你来选 |
[17:52] | Choose? | 选什么 |
[17:54] | Which of your men is going to be the first? | 你的人里谁来做这第一人 |
[18:00] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[18:07] | You choose… | 要么你来选 |
[18:10] | or it starts with your partner here. | 要么从你搭档开始 |
[18:24] | Mr. Carver. | 卡弗先生 |
[19:10] | Come on! Ah! | 来啊 |
[19:54] | Who’s next? | 下一个谁 |
[20:13] | We’d found her with a small escort, | 我们发现她时 她和护卫一起 |
[20:15] | trying to move her up to the fort, I assume. | 应该是护送她去堡垒 |
[20:20] | If you want her, | 如果你们想要她 |
[20:23] | I think there are some things we ought to discuss first | 我们得先把事情说清楚 |
[20:26] | about our transition. | 比如交接 |
[20:30] | And I think it would be for the best if it was just you and I. | 我觉得最好只有你和我谈谈 |
[20:49] | I’m walking out of here with her. | 我要带她走 |
[20:52] | To whatever extent you think you have leverage enough | 不论你以为你的影响力有多大 |
[20:54] | to extort something from me over it… | 从而想要敲诈我 |
[20:58] | I’d reconsider. | 我都会重新考虑 |
[21:01] | Five minutes. | 五分钟 |
[21:04] | Five minutes? | 五分钟 |
[21:05] | You listen to what I have to say for five minutes | 我五分钟内说完 |
[21:08] | and she’s yours. | 她就是你的了 |
[21:10] | Do we have a deal? | 成交吗 |
[21:14] | Clock’s ticking. | 开始计时了 |
[21:20] | Have you stopped to ask yourself | 你有没有想过 |
[21:22] | why they want her so badly? | 他们为什么那么想要她 |
[21:25] | Because when I first heard what happened in the harbor, | 因为我刚听到港口发生的事 |
[21:28] | I knew it couldn’t have been Featherstone that fucked us. | 我就知道不可能是费瑟斯通在搞鬼 |
[21:31] | He’s been with us from the start | 他从一开始就跟着我们 |
[21:32] | and he wouldn’t have had the nerve to cross me like that. | 他没这个胆背叛我 |
[21:35] | So, I knew it had to be someone else, | 所以一定另有其人 |
[21:37] | someone in proximity to him. | 和他亲近的人 |
[21:40] | Someone bold enough to want to cross us | 胆子大到敢背叛我们的人 |
[21:42] | and dangerous enough to follow through. | 始终能构成威胁的人 |
[21:46] | So, from there, the list got very short very quickly. | 这样一看 名单很容易确定 |
[21:50] | Max fucked us. | 是麦克斯在搞鬼 |
[21:53] | If it wasn’t for her, we likely take Nassau whole, | 要不是因为她 我们能把整个拿骚拿下 |
[21:56] | fleet intact, no prisoners in the fort, | 船不会受损 也不会有人拘禁在堡垒里 |
[21:59] | no fight between you and I. | 我俩之间也不会有争战 |
[22:04] | Instead, here we are. | 而现在却成了这样 |
[22:10] | Now, one would think | 人们肯定认为 |
[22:11] | we could go a long way towards soothing all that chaos out there | 我们可以平息混乱 |
[22:14] | and the anger driving it, | 抚平怒气 |
[22:15] | if we could draw everyone together | 如果我们能把所有人召集起来 |
[22:17] | to see justice done to the one | 看到罪魁祸首为所有过错 |
[22:19] | responsible for all of it. | 接受处罚实现公正 |
[22:20] | – All of it? – Enough of it. | -所有过错 -过错够多了 |
[22:23] | Did they not hold their trials in her tavern? | 他们不是在她的酒馆里审讯吗 |
[22:27] | Did she not finance the regime directly? | 她没有直接资助政权吗 |
[22:29] | You don’t think I could sell that out there? | 你不觉得我可以拿她当筹码吗 |
[22:31] | Because Eleanor Guthrie knows I could. | 埃莉诺·格斯里就是因为知道这个 |
[22:33] | That’s why the first thing she asked for | 所以在脱离危险之后 |
[22:35] | the moment those gates closed behind her was Max. | 她首先想要的就是麦克斯 |
[22:38] | That’s how valuable she could be to us. | 她对我们来说就有这么有用 |
[22:42] | And you wanna trade that away for 20 men? | 而你打算只用她换二十个人 |
[22:45] | Those 20 men are your brothers. | 那二十个人是你的兄弟 |
[22:49] | Those men’s lives mean as much to me as they do to you. | 我跟你一样看重那些人的生命 |
[22:53] | And I assure you | 我也向你保证 |
[22:56] | they mean a hell of a lot more to me than they do to Flint. | 我比弗林特更加重视他们 |
[23:00] | You know as well as I do | 你和我一样明白 |
[23:01] | the only reason he wants them free | 他要解放他们的原因 |
[23:02] | is because the only soldiers in town are mine | 只是因为镇上的士兵是我的人 |
[23:05] | and the prisoners in the fort are likely to still follow his– | 而堡垒上的俘虏有可能继续归顺于他 |
[23:07] | I’m going to stop you right there. | 我现在要打断你 |
[23:10] | From the moment you began concocting this story, | 从你开始编故事起 |
[23:12] | I knew it was with an eye towards pushing him out. | 我就知道你想要排挤他 |
[23:16] | – Separating the two of us so you can– ? – The two of you? | -离间我们两个从而 -你们两个 |
[23:19] | How long ago was it that the two of us agreed | 多久以前我们两个就达成共识 |
[23:21] | that Flint threatened to be the end of us all? | 弗林特想要除掉我们 |
[23:24] | That he would find ways of driving us over and over again | 他一次一次想法子把我们卷入风暴 |
[23:27] | into that storm till there was none of us left? | 企图除掉我们两个 |
[23:30] | We survived him, you and I. | 你和我好不容易逃生 |
[23:34] | And now you want to follow him into what? | 现在你想要跟着他干嘛 |
[23:37] | A massive slave revolt? | 大型奴隶暴动 |
[23:39] | A war against the British Empire? | 同大英帝国交战 |
[23:44] | How is this not just the next storm | 下一场风暴难道不属于 |
[23:45] | in a very long line of them? | 他除掉我们的计划中吗 |
[24:09] | You told me once that the people he holds closest | 你告诉过我他最亲近的人 |
[24:12] | are the most at risk of being consumed by him. | 最有可能被他消耗殆尽 |
[24:16] | And he and I have discussed it at length. | 他和我对此事已作详尽讨论 |
[24:20] | So, I thank you for your concern. | 谢谢你的关心 |
[24:24] | But I’m going to be just fine. | 但我不会有事的 |
[24:26] | And I’m not talking about you. | 我不是在说你 |
[24:30] | I understand that you’ve come to care for her. | 我了解你是在关心她 |
[24:34] | Madi. | 马迪 |
[24:40] | Be very, very careful, Billy. | 说话当心点 比利 |
[24:46] | If anyone is at risk | 如果这次战争中有人 |
[24:47] | of being consumed by his need for this war… | 因为他的利用而处于危险之中 |
[24:54] | it’s her. | 那肯定是她 |
[25:03] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[25:17] | I heard you were there. | 我听说你当时在那里 |
[25:20] | What? | 什么 |
[25:22] | The last time when we ran off the English, | 上次我们赶走英国佬 |
[25:25] | took control. | 占领这里的时候 |
[25:28] | I heard you was a navy man then. | 听说你当时还是海军 |
[25:32] | Heard you saw it all. | 听说你见证了全程 |
[25:36] | Yeah. | 是 |
[25:38] | That was a good day for me. | 那天对我来说是个好日子 |
[25:40] | Did a thing no one else would. | 做了一件没人会去做的事情 |
[25:43] | Or could. | 或者说能做的事情 |
[25:46] | Thought I’d earned a place by Blackbeard’s side for an age. | 以为我帮黑胡子攻下了个长久的地盘 |
[25:50] | Turns out it wasn’t nearly so long as I thought it would be. | 结果并没有我想象的那么长 |
[25:55] | Before Blackbeard decided he could do better than me. | 在黑胡子觉得他能做得比我更好之前就没了 |
[26:01] | Is there a point you’re trying to make? | 你想说什么 |
[26:08] | You’re counseling Long John Silver to be reasonable. | 你让朗·约翰·西尔弗变得理智 |
[26:13] | To do what you want him to do | 去做你想要做的事情 |
[26:14] | instead of what he wants to do. | 而不是他想做的事情 |
[26:17] | Just wondering how long you think he’ll suffer it | 只是在想他能忍受多久 |
[26:21] | before he decides he can do better than you. | 直到他开始觉得他可以比你做得更好 |
[26:32] | Go get her now. | 去抓她过来 |
[26:36] | What the hell happened in there? | 发生了什么 |
[26:38] | We won. | 我们赢了 |
[26:39] | That’s all that matters. | 这才是重点 |
[27:03] | There will be no mission to Philadelphia. | 我们不会去费城了 |
[27:07] | I assume that much is clear by now. | 我想到目前为止那已经很明了了 |
[27:19] | Our chances of success there were slim to begin with. | 一开始我们成功的机率本就不大 |
[27:24] | That the idea that I might stand in front of my grandfather | 一想到我可能要站在我祖父面前 |
[27:28] | and suggest that Nassau is still a viable concern | 建议他拿骚仍然是值得他考虑的 |
[27:30] | worthy of his investment | 切实可行的投资 |
[27:31] | when refugees are fleeing in droves… | 而难民却在陆续逃跑 |
[27:36] | planters face a revolt of their laborers… | 种植园主面临着奴隶的叛乱 |
[27:40] | and men with swords murder wantonly in the streets. | 战士在街上肆意杀戮 |
[27:45] | Oh, Christ. | 天啊 |
[27:48] | I am right back where I started. | 我重新回到了起点 |
[27:54] | Every fight I have ever won… | 我赢得的每一场战争 |
[27:57] | every death I have escaped, | 我逃脱的每一次死亡 |
[27:58] | every sacrifice I have had bled out of me, | 我的每一次血泪牺牲 |
[28:01] | it will all have to be repeated | 为了让一切回归到几小时之前 |
[28:03] | just to get things back to where they were a few hours ago. | 所有那些都会重来一次 |
[28:06] | There’s some kind of hell it seems to me to be. | 感觉像是在地狱一样 |
[28:16] | But I want you to know, at the first opportunity, | 但我想你知道 只要一有机会 |
[28:20] | I will see you returned back home. | 我会让你回家 |
[28:23] | I gave you my word. I intend to honor it. | 我给了你我的承诺 我会遵守的 |
[28:27] | This fight ahead does not belong to you, nor to your children. | 这不是你或是你的孩子的战争 |
[28:30] | I won’t have you bear any more of it. | 我不会让你再承受这些 |
[28:49] | Would you consider joining me? | 你要和我一起回去吗 |
[28:53] | To London? | 回伦敦 |
[28:57] | You have been living in our home for some time now. | 你已经在我们家待过一段时间了 |
[28:59] | I don’t imagine there’s much about my husband | 我和我丈夫的事情 |
[29:01] | and I that you don’t know. | 应该没什么你不知道的 |
[29:04] | With the debt he owes, he is going to be fighting this fight | 由于他欠下的债 他的余生都要 |
[29:06] | for the rest of his life. | 为此战斗 |
[29:09] | And for as long as he is chained to this place, | 只要他被束缚在这里 |
[29:11] | then I am as well. | 我就一样 |
[29:14] | I wonder, ma’am, if he might want you to leave. | 夫人 我想或许他会想让你先走 |
[29:18] | Especially when he learns of your current state of being. | 尤其当他知道你的现状时 |
[29:30] | I beg your pardon, ma’am, | 请你原谅 夫人 |
[29:33] | but seeing what I see in your service… | 但是就我看到的而言 |
[29:36] | I fear there are things I may know about you | 我担心是我知道的一些 |
[29:39] | that even the governor does not yet know. | 连总督还不知道的你的情况 |
[29:56] | I have grown quite fond of you, ma’am. | 我慢慢喜欢上你了 夫人 |
[30:02] | You are someone who is determined | 你是那种决心要 |
[30:03] | to be better today than you were yesterday. | 一日强过一日的人 |
[30:07] | And in this world, that is in short supply. | 在这个世上 这种人少之又少 |
[30:10] | And so I find myself feeling protective of you. | 因此我想保护你 |
[30:16] | And if I am feeling that way, | 如果我都这么想 |
[30:19] | fearing the thought of you bearing a child in this environment… | 担心在这种环境中怀着孩子的你 |
[30:26] | I can only imagine how concerned your husband would be. | 我可以想象你的丈夫将会有多担心 |
[30:35] | When my family first arrived here… | 我的家族第一次到达这里时 |
[30:39] | I remember my mother and father had a terrible argument. | 我记得我爸和我妈大吵了一架 |
[30:46] | She told him that this was no place for a little girl. | 她告诉他这里不适合小女孩生活 |
[30:52] | That it was cruel. | 这里太残酷 |
[30:58] | I stay, | 我留下来了 |
[31:01] | and our child is raised amongst all this brutality. | 我们的孩子也是在这么残酷的环境下怀上的 |
[31:06] | I go, and my husband is left alone to face it on his own. | 我走了 我的丈夫就要独自一人面对这一切 |
[31:14] | Amazing, this place. | 这地方太神奇了 |
[31:17] | Somehow leaves no options other than to hurt the ones you love. | 不知怎么让人别无选择 除却伤害你爱的人 |
[31:24] | Ma’am, there’s a messenger at the gate. | 夫人 门口有位信使 |
[31:27] | They’ve agreed to the exchange. | 他们同意交换 |
[31:34] | That’s it! | 打得好 |
[31:34] | Another one now! | 又一个了 |
[31:38] | Knock his fucking teeth out. | 把他打得满地找牙 |
[31:43] | Any man stood a chance against him is dead. | 有机会打赢他的男人都死了 |
[31:47] | If we don’t try something they ain’t expecting, | 如果我们不出奇制胜 |
[31:50] | then we’re all fucking dead. | 那我们都必死无疑 |
[31:54] | If any of the men who stood a chance to beat him are dead, | 如果有机会打赢他的男人都已经死光了 |
[31:56] | then what do you suggest? | 那你还有什么法子 |
[32:00] | Any man. | 所有男人 |
[32:03] | Absolutely– absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[32:06] | The ones of us they don’t get down here, | 我们之中没有被选中的 |
[32:08] | we’re just gonna swing in Port Royal in a few days. | 几天后都会被运往皇家港 |
[32:11] | – Get up. Get up! – You gotta trust me. | -起来 起来 -你一定要相信我 |
[32:15] | He asks you for a name, you don’t say shit. | 他叫你选人的时候 你不要说话 |
[32:20] | And you let him take me. | 你让他带走我 |
[32:28] | Another name, Captain. | 下个名字 船长 |
[32:32] | Captain? | 船长 |
[32:35] | Will you be choosing or will I? | 你来选还是我选 |
[32:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:45] | Her. | 她 |
[33:07] | …nice and slow. | 慢慢来 |
[33:08] | You like it rough, don’t you? | 你喜欢玩粗暴的 对吧 |
[33:14] | Make her bleed. | 狠狠揍她 |
[33:23] | I think she likes you, Mr. Milton. | 我觉得她喜欢你 米尔顿先生 |
[33:26] | Well, take her! | 打死她 |
[33:35] | Yes, my love. | 好样的 亲爱的 |
[33:52] | Get up. Get up! | 起来 起来 |
[33:59] | On your feet. Get up! | 站起来 快点 |
[34:05] | Come on, Mil, what you waiting for? | 米尔顿 你还等什么 |
[34:07] | Come on, get up! | 快点 起来 |
[34:08] | On your feet. | 站起来 |
[34:12] | Come on, my pretty. | 快点啊 小美人 |
[34:25] | Anne, get up. | 安妮 起来 |
[34:47] | Move! | 快行动 |
[36:29] | I would think some sort of thanks might be in order. | 我觉得你应该跟我道谢 |
[36:33] | Billy was more than ready to throw you to the wolves out there. | 比利本来要把你丢出去喂狼 |
[36:38] | And to be honest, | 老实说 |
[36:39] | I was undecided about | 我本来也无法决定 |
[36:40] | whether to go through with this deal at all. | 要不要做这个交易 |
[36:44] | Sure, I get my men back in exchange for you. | 当然了 我可以拿你换回我的手下 |
[36:49] | But something tells me | 但直觉告诉我 |
[36:52] | if I free you, | 如果我放了你 |
[36:54] | you’ll find a way to be a problem for me again, | 你会再给我制造麻烦 |
[36:58] | and soon. | 很快就会 |
[37:01] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[37:03] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那样做 |
[37:11] | When you and I last saw each other… | 你我上一次见面之时 |
[37:15] | you had every reason to see me killed. | 你有充分理由想看我被杀死 |
[37:19] | Certainly would’ve solved a lot of problems for you. | 本来能帮你解决很多问题 |
[37:26] | And yet you didn’t. | 然而你没有 |
[37:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:35] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[37:37] | I’ve had a rough few days owing to you. | 你害我受苦了几天 |
[37:41] | I’d be angrier about it, | 我该更生气的 |
[37:43] | but I’m a little preoccupied being angry with other people. | 但我现在忙着生其他人的气 |
[37:48] | I just asked you a simple question. | 我只是问你一个很简单的问题 |
[37:53] | Why didn’t you kill me when you had the chance? | 你有机会的时候 为什么没有杀我 |
[37:58] | It would have solved some problems. | 本来可以因此解决很多问题 |
[38:02] | It would have caused others that I chose not to live with. | 因为杀了你会引发其他我不愿面对的问题 |
[38:07] | What sort of problems would it have caused? | 本来会引发什么问题 |
[38:11] | That I would have had to live with it. | 我不得不面对的的问题 |
[38:21] | You said you wished to send me away. | 你说过你想把我赶走 |
[38:26] | Somewhere where I couldn’t return. | 到一个我回不来的地方 |
[38:31] | Out of curiosity, | 出于好奇问问 |
[38:33] | how were you planning to manage that? | 你本来打算怎么做到 |
[38:40] | When Anne was recruiting spies in Port Royal, | 安妮在皇家港招募眼线的时候 |
[38:42] | she met a man with an estate in the wilderness | 她遇到一个男人 他在西属佛罗里达的荒原中 |
[38:44] | north of Spanish Florida. | 有一个庄园 |
[38:47] | A reform-minded man | 他具有改革思想 |
[38:50] | who uses convicts as laborers. | 把罪犯当工人使 |
[38:53] | Convicts he solicits from prisons in England | 那些罪犯是他从英国的监狱招募得来 |
[38:57] | where their treatment is far less humane. | 本来的待遇非常不人道 |
[39:02] | This man, we were told, found it profitable | 据说 这个人发现 |
[39:05] | to offer his services to wealthy families, | 为富有的家族提供服务 十分有利可图 |
[39:08] | some of the most prominent in London on occasion, | 有时甚至是伦敦最显赫的一些家族 |
[39:11] | with a need to make troublesome family members disappear. | 他们需要让惹上麻烦的家族成员消失 |
[39:17] | Cared for, tended to, | 确保他们得到照料 |
[39:20] | but never to be seen or heard from again. | 但必须从此销声匿迹 |
[39:25] | What families? | 哪些家族 |
[39:27] | What families? | 哪些家族 |
[39:29] | Do you know what families in London made use of this? | 你知不知道伦敦有哪些家族这样干过 |
[39:34] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[39:40] | They’re ready. | 他们准备好了 |
[40:21] | Billy told me I should worry | 比利说我该担心 |
[40:24] | that you will be Madi’s end. | 你会害死马迪 |
[40:27] | That’s all he wanted in exchange for Max. | 他只想拿麦克斯交换这个 |
[40:30] | For me to sit still… | 换我坐下听他一言 |
[40:33] | while he warned me that your commitment | 听他警告我你对我们这场战争中 |
[40:35] | to the greatest possible victory in this war of ours… | 最伟大的一次胜利的执念 |
[40:39] | would consume her and eventually lead to her death. | 将会牺牲她 并最终置她于死地 |
[40:45] | Well, that’s a smart thing for him to say | 如果他是想挑拨你我反目 |
[40:46] | if his intent is to split us apart. | 那这番话说得高明 |
[40:49] | I suppose we should’ve expected nothing less. | 此人真是不可小看 |
[40:58] | Do I need to be concerned | 我是不是该关心一下 |
[40:59] | that you took almost two hours to tell me about it? | 你犹豫了两个小时才将此事告诉我 |
[41:05] | We are at our least rational… | 当我们最脆弱的时候 |
[41:08] | when we’re at our most vulnerable. | 往往最不理性 |
[41:12] | If nothing else, this is a good reminder | 而且无论其他 此事确确实实地 |
[41:14] | that without a doubt | 提醒着我 |
[41:17] | she is the point at which I’m my most vulnerable. | 她就是我的软肋 我的弱点 |
[41:23] | The thought of losing her… | 一想到我会失去她… |
[41:30] | I see. | 是吗 |
[41:35] | If we assume that we are on the verge | 假设我们马上就要 |
[41:39] | of some impossible victory here, | 取得一场无法想象的重大胜利 |
[41:42] | a truly significant thing… | 真的成就了一番伟业 |
[41:46] | if we assume that is real and here for the taking… | 假设这场胜利是真的 而且唾手可得 |
[41:52] | wouldn’t you trade it all to have Thomas Hamilton back again? | 你愿意用这胜利换回托马斯·汉密尔顿吗 |
[42:01] | I think if he knew how close we were | 我想如果他知道我们即将胜利 |
[42:03] | to the victory he gave his life to achieve… | 知道他为之牺牲的事业即将达成 |
[42:07] | he wouldn’t want me to. | 他绝不会希望我放弃的 |
[42:12] | I see. | 是吗 |
[42:15] | Though, that wasn’t really what I asked, was it? | 不过你这是答非所问 |
[42:21] | Assume his father was just as dark as you say, | 假设他的父亲确实如你所说那般邪恶 |
[42:25] | but was unable to murder his own son, | 但却对亲子下不了手 |
[42:31] | assume he found a way | 假设他寻得他法 |
[42:33] | – to secret Thomas away from London… – He didn’t. | -让托马斯离开伦敦远遁他乡 -他没有 |
[42:39] | Would you trade this war to make it so? | 你愿意用这胜利换他这么做吗 |
[42:46] | It is some kind of hell | 迫不得已用一件无法割舍的至宝去交换另一个 |
[42:47] | to be forced to choose one irreplaceable thing over another. | 这真是惨绝人寰啊 |
[42:53] | And while Billy’s motive to separate us | 尽管比利离间我们的意图 |
[42:55] | is painfully transparent, | 极其清晰 |
[42:58] | it took me two hours to tell you about it | 但我还是纠结了两个小时才告诉你 |
[43:00] | because try as I may to get the conversation out of my head… | 仅为不论我如何努力想将这席话说出口 |
[43:06] | I just can’t seem to do it. | 我似乎就是开不了口 |
[43:12] | The closer we get to the end of this journey, | 我们离征程的终点越近 |
[43:13] | the more the contradictions will accumulate… | 我们遭遇的两难就越多 |
[43:18] | confusing issues we once thought were clear. | 曾经简单明了的事也会变得无比纠结 |
[43:24] | I suppose the good news is that’s how we’ll know | 不过往好处想想 只有这样 我们才知道 |
[43:27] | we’re finally getting somewhere interesting. | 我们终于找到了关键的战场 |
[43:30] | – All clear! – Clear the fort! | -放完了 -完成了 |
[43:52] | Close the gate! | 关闭大门 |
[44:30] | What can I do for you, ma’am? | 我能为您做什么吗 女士 |
[44:38] | Why are they still in chains? | 他们怎么还戴着链子 |
[44:39] | We freed the ones that understood we came as friends here, | 我们解放了那些知道我们心怀善意 |
[44:43] | not as enemies. | 而非敌意的 |
[44:46] | But some, it seemed, bore us ill will | 但有些人 却因为被我们取得的 |
[44:48] | over some of the consequences of our victory here. | 胜利牵连 而对我们很不友好 |
[45:01] | You have to know | 你要明白 |
[45:03] | it is important to ask to repair the alliance | 尽快修复弗林特船长的人和我们的人 |
[45:05] | between Captain Flint’s people and ours. | 之间的联盟至关重要 |
[45:08] | Important to me. | 对我也很重要 |
[45:11] | After you fled, | 你逃走之后 |
[45:13] | the pirates sent warnings to the other estates | 海盗们向其他种植园发出了警告 |
[45:15] | that any violence done to the slaves | 声称因为这里的陷落 |
[45:18] | in their possession for what happened here | 而对其所属奴隶施加的任何暴力 |
[45:20] | would be answered. | 都将遭到报复 |
[45:27] | The next morning, an answer was left by the gate. | 第二天早上 报复就送到了大门口 |
[45:30] | A sack filled with fingers. | 满满一袋子手指头 |
[45:35] | White fingers. | 白人的手指头 |
[45:40] | Reprisals were visited upon our loved ones | 于是在爱德华兹种植园的奴隶们 |
[45:43] | upon the Edwards estate. | 也遭到了报复 |
[45:46] | Reprisals of the cruelest kind | 手段极其残忍 |
[45:50] | intended to instill fear, | 目的是为了震慑 |
[45:52] | break spirits, | 为了弹压 |
[45:54] | reassert control. | 为了稳定统治 |
[45:56] | It did not have the intended effect. | 结果适得其反 |
[46:03] | They revolted. | 他们反抗了 |
[46:05] | One of the men there started it. | 其中的一个奴隶率先发难 |
[46:08] | A man named Julius. | 一个叫尤利乌斯的人 |
[46:11] | Now he’s forming an army out there, | 眼下他正在组建军队 |
[46:14] | organizing, building strength, | 征募队伍 积蓄力量 |
[46:17] | an army with designs on taking and holding Nassau. | 拉起一支大军向拿骚奔来 |
[46:23] | But with as much anger towards the pirates | 但他们不仅视海盗如仇敌 |
[46:26] | and anyone who would call himself friend to a pirate | 对那些自称为海盗盟友的人更是恨之入骨 |
[46:30] | as they do towards the English. | 简直如同仇恨英国人 |
[46:37] | That is why they are still in chains, | 所以他们仍然被锁着 |
[46:39] | out of fear that they might rise up and join Julius’s army | 因为担心他们揭竿而起 加入尤利乌斯 |
[46:42] | before ever submitting to yours. | 都还没来得及被你们接收 |
[46:44] | We tried to prevent the reprisals | 我们一知道他们的境况 |
[46:46] | the moment we learned of them, | 就尽了全力阻止仇杀 |
[46:48] | Captain Flint and I. | 弗林特船长和我都是 |
[46:49] | – They must know that. – They know. | -他们肯定明白这一点 -他们明白 |
[46:51] | But they also know that when it comes to these men, | 但他们也明白一旦这些人反叛 |
[46:54] | neither you nor Captain Flint are fully in control of them. | 你和弗林特船长都控制不了他们 |
[47:00] | Then we will get control of them. | 那我们就把他们控制起来 |
[47:05] | You must see by now that when you wage war on the world, | 如今你肯定已经明白 如果你发动战争 |
[47:08] | the world fights back. | 就会有人反抗 |
[47:11] | Your mother knew that. | 你母亲明白这一点 |
[47:14] | Knew that the best one can do | 她知道最好的解决办法 |
[47:16] | is to find a place you can protect, | 就是找到一块自己可以统御的土地 |
[47:18] | build a wall, and save who you can. | 建起围墙 全力拯救别人 |
[47:22] | You’d be wise to learn from her example. | 你最好还是学习她的办法吧 |
[47:43] | I’m sorry for what happened today. | 我对今天发生的事感到抱歉 |
[47:46] | The moment I realized what was about to happen, | 当我意识到有意外状况要发生时 |
[47:48] | I sent men to find you. | 就派人去找你 |
[47:55] | I’m just thankful we were able to get you in time. | 幸好我们及时把你接了回来 |
[47:59] | You are sorry… | 你对今天的事… |
[48:02] | for what happened today. | 感到抱歉 |
[48:07] | What happened today | 今天发生的事 |
[48:10] | was exactly what I have been warning you about | 就是我当你和你丈夫来到这里时 |
[48:13] | from the moment you and your husband first arrived here. | 我不断给你发出过的警告 |
[48:16] | Again and again and again. | 一次 两次 三次 |
[48:22] | That the decisions you made at every turn | 你在那些情况下所作出的抉择 |
[48:24] | would eventually lead us to this. | 都会让我们有今天的下场 |
[48:29] | Everything I have is gone because of it. | 正因如此 我所拥有的的一切 都不在了 |
[48:36] | If you wish to apologize, | 如果你想道歉 |
[48:39] | what happened today does not begin to cover it. | 今天所发生的事完全不足以弥补 |
[48:48] | Where would we have gone? | 我们当时会去哪里 |
[48:52] | What? | 什么 |
[48:56] | A long time ago, you asked me to leave Nassau with you | 很久以前 你让我随你一同离开拿骚 |
[48:59] | to avoid ruin. | 来躲避灾难 |
[49:01] | If I had said yes, where would we have gone? | 如果我答应了你 我们会去哪 |
[49:06] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[49:09] | I was so close to saying yes. | 我当时差点就答应你了 |
[49:13] | There were good reasons to say yes | 当时完全应该答应你 |
[49:16] | and I heard it in my mind, | 这就是我当时内心的声音 |
[49:19] | tried to speak it over and over again. | 一遍遍地重复着 |
[49:22] | But when the moment finally came… | 可到了最后一刻… |
[49:28] | I had put so much of myself into this place, | 我已经对这里倾注了那么多精力 |
[49:31] | in that moment, I honestly | 在当时的情境下 我真的 |
[49:32] | didn’t know where I ended and it began. | 不知道还能在哪里重新开始 |
[49:37] | There may be ways of severing oneself in that way… | 也许有很多种方式可以切断这份情谊… |
[49:44] | sacrificing one part to save the other. | 牺牲一个去拯救另一个 |
[49:49] | But in that moment… | 但是当时… |
[49:55] | I honestly couldn’t find something | 我真的想不出任何办法 |
[49:57] | sharp enough to make the cut. | 能挥刀斩乱麻 |
[50:03] | What would have been enough? | 如何才算断得彻底 |
[50:15] | I truly am sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[50:19] | For all of it. | 对这一切感到抱歉 |
[50:22] | If there was a way I could make things right here, | 如果有任何办法能弥补当时的错误 |
[50:25] | I’d do it. | 我都会去做 |
[50:29] | But now, given everything you have seen here in recent months… | 可如今 你也看到了这几个月所发生的事… |
[50:35] | can you honestly say that you believe | 难道你真的相信 |
[50:38] | that Nassau will ever really be what you wanted it to be? | 拿骚会变成你所期待的样子吗 |
[50:46] | Neither can I. | 我也不能 |
[50:52] | But there may be a way that we can take something from it… | 但也许我们有机会能从中有所收获… |
[50:57] | if you’ll help me. | 如果你肯帮我 |
[51:03] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[51:04] | Sails have been spotted on the horizon. | 海面上有船帆出现 |
[51:07] | Sails? | 船帆 |
[51:08] | Whose sails? | 谁的船帆 |
[51:17] | The Revenge? Are we certain? | 是复仇号吗 确定吗 |
[51:20] | She’s a man-of-war and she approaches | 是艘军舰 并且是从 |
[51:22] | from Captain Teach’s last sighted position. | 蒂奇船长所消失的方向驶来 |
[51:25] | If it were Teach returning, | 如果真的是蒂奇回来了 |
[51:28] | wouldn’t he be flying his banner as he approached? | 他会在靠岸时升起旗帜吗 |
[51:37] | Sails on the horizon! | 海面有船只 |
[51:40] | They are saying there are no signs | 他们说 海面上并没有 |
[51:42] | of a prize ship anywhere on the water. | 出现过打劫船的踪迹 |
[51:44] | So, at least it is unlikely | 所以 这肯定不会是 |
[51:46] | Captain Teach caught the governor’s sloop before returning. | 总督的船只返航前被蒂奇船长截获 |
[51:50] | Teach would never have given up so quickly. | 蒂奇肯定不会这么快就放弃 |
[51:54] | If it is his ship, | 倘若这是他的船 |
[51:56] | then in all likelihood, the governor’s ship was captured. | 那么很有可能 总督的船已被截获了 |
[52:00] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[52:02] | Perhaps you would like to wait below | 您最好还是去下面等吧 |
[52:06] | in case the news is not what we hope. | 以防这事出什么别的差头 |
[52:09] | She’s raising a banner. | 船上升起了旗帜 |
[52:12] | British colors. | 英国国旗 |
[52:14] | She’s flying the governor’s banner! | 船上是总督的旗子 |
[52:17] | And those are his signs! | 那是他的标志 |
[52:20] | It’s him! | 是他 |
[52:43] | Make a course towards the fort. | 取道驶向堡垒 |
[52:46] | As close as we can get. | 越靠近越好 |
[52:48] | Ready the men. | 让手下做好准备 |
[52:49] | We’ll make our landing under cover of the fort’s guns, | 我们要在堡垒炮火的掩护下登陆 |
[52:51] | reinforce them, and move to retake Nassau. | 给堡垒增援 发动进攻重夺拿骚 |
[53:03] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[53:05] | Shall I begin moving the guns to the beach? | 要开始把火炮运到海滩上吗 |
[53:09] | Yes. | 好的 |
[53:11] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[53:12] | Let me know when it’s done. | 搬好了跟我说 |
[53:23] | Heave! | 用力 |
[53:25] | Heave! | 用力 |
[53:27] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[53:30] | They will all be preparing for the fight ahead of us. | 他们都会为即将到来战斗作准备 |
[53:33] | Would you like to tell me what it is you are preparing to do? | 能否请你告诉我你准备怎么做 |
[53:50] | An hour, maybe less, | 距它到海滩的射程内 |
[53:52] | until his guns are in range of the beach | 并且开始准备着陆 |
[53:54] | and he starts his landing. | 还有一个小时 也许更快 |
[53:55] | Once he can bring his broadsides to bear | 等到它舷侧开炮 |
[53:56] | in concert with the fort’s power, | 再加上堡垒的火力 |
[53:58] | it’ll be hard to keep his men off the sand. | 想阻止他们上岸就很困难了 |
[54:01] | Do we need to consider falling back? | 我们是否需要考虑撤退路线 |
[54:04] | No. | 不 |
[54:05] | If we leave Nassau now, we may never get her back. | 如果我们现在放弃拿骚 可能就再也拿不回来了 |
[54:09] | My men can defend this beach. | 我的人可以守住海滩 |
[54:21] | We’ll have the numbers. | 我们人多势众 |
[54:22] | The first barrage, maybe. | 一开始交火时也许如此 |
[54:23] | But as soon as those soldiers hit the beach, | 一旦那些士兵抵达海滩 |
[54:25] | nine in 10 of ours will flee. | 九成我们的人会逃跑 |
[54:27] | With Nassau at stake, | 如今拿骚面临危机 |
[54:29] | that’s not a gamble I’m willing to take. | 我可不愿意冒这样的风险 |
[54:31] | What choice do we have? | 那我们还有什么方法 |
[54:33] | Well, that’s a very good question. | 这个问题问得很好 |
[55:25] | Should this fight above us come to pass, | 如果我们真的交战 |
[55:28] | at best, the outcome is not certain. | 最好的结果也只是不输 |
[55:32] | But what is certain | 但可以确定 |
[55:34] | is that many will die and much will be lost. | 很多人死亡 我们会损失惨重 |
[55:40] | I think we’ve all seen our fair share of loss | 我们都经历过不少次失败 |
[55:43] | and I have had enough of it. | 我是受够了 |
[55:46] | So, I’d like to ensure that this fight does not come to pass. | 所以我想确保这场战斗不会打起来 |
[55:51] | How do you suggest we do that? | 你打算怎么做 |
[55:53] | I am prepared to surrender | 我打算 |
[55:55] | the governor’s remaining forces to you– | 将总督的剩余势力投降于你 |
[55:58] | control of the fort, | 堡垒的控制权 |
[55:59] | its guns, its magazine, | 火炮 弹药全部归你 |
[56:01] | the unconditional release of the remainder of your prisoners. | 无条件释放你方余下的俘虏 |
[56:04] | All of it. | 以上全部 |
[56:06] | You’re prepared to do all of that? | 你打算全部做到 |
[56:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[56:11] | In exchange for what? | 有什么条件 |
[56:14] | In exchange for the cache. | 以宝藏作交换 |
[56:20] | The chest with the remains of the Urca treasure. | 装着剩下的厄卡号宝藏的箱子 |
[56:24] | I’m told it is hidden | 我听说它藏在 |
[56:26] | buried in a secret place known | 一个秘密地点 |
[56:27] | only to Captain Rackham and the two of you. | 只有拉克姆船长和你们二人知道 |
[56:31] | I get the cache | 我拿走宝藏 |
[56:33] | and guaranteed safe passage | 你们也要保证 |
[56:34] | off the island for everyone in this fort… | 堡垒里每个人都能安全离岛 |
[56:38] | and you get Nassau. | 你们就能拿到拿骚 |
[56:41] | The money isn’t ours to give. | 我们没权利把金子交出来 |
[56:44] | We have partners who would almost certainly | 我们有些同伴基本宁愿交战 |
[56:46] | rather fight this out than lose their treasury. | 也不愿交出宝藏 |
[56:49] | Your partners are your problem. | 你同伴的问题该由你解决 |
[56:51] | There is a reason why I invited you here and not them. | 我没请他们 只请你来是有原因的 |
[56:54] | As soon as the governor’s ship is in range of the beach, | 一旦总督的船进入海滩上火炮的射程 |
[56:57] | this offer disappears. | 这份要约就失效了 |
[57:00] | I will not undermine his position once the shooting starts. | 一旦开始交火 我不会置他于危地 |
[57:06] | So, right now in this moment, | 如今 此时此刻 |
[57:10] | what do you want to do? | 你要怎么做 |
[57:16] | How? | 用什么方法 |
[57:19] | How would you see it done? | 你想要如何履行协议 |
[57:21] | One of you surrenders himself | 你们留一个人投降于此 |
[57:23] | and remains here to ensure these terms are honored. | 在所有条件都达成前留在这里 |
[57:28] | You send someone to retrieve the cache, | 你派一个人去取得宝藏 |
[57:30] | and once it arrives, I take possession of it. | 运来之后 交给我保管 |
[57:33] | And my people exit the fort | 我的手下撤离堡垒 |
[57:35] | to a transport waiting to take us away from here. | 到等待载我们离开的船上 |
[57:37] | The answer is no. | 不同意 |
[57:40] | Absolutely no. | 绝对不能同意 |
[57:42] | If she thought she could win this fight, | 她要是觉得她能打赢 |
[57:44] | why would she be offering to sell the victory to us | 就算有宝藏交换 她又怎么会把胜利 |
[57:46] | even for a fortune? | 拱手送给我们 |
[57:54] | I have had enough of this. | 我受够这些了 |
[57:57] | And I am ready for it to end. | 我已经做好了结束的准备 |
[58:07] | No. | 不 |
[58:12] | Trust me. | 相信我 |