时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | – They obstructed the harbor. – I know. | -他们在港口设置了屏障 -我知道 |
[00:13] | – Two ships they sunk. – I know, I– | -两艘船被击沉 -我知道 |
[00:15] | – Then why didn’t you warn us? – I did warn you! | -那你怎么不警告我 -我警告了 |
[00:17] | We don’t have sufficient numbers to move on Nassau, | 我们没有足够的人手拿下拿骚 |
[00:20] | but if we could increase those numbers… | 但如果我们能增加人手的话… |
[00:22] | – Increase them how? – The Underhill plantation. | -如何增加 -昂德希尔的种植园 |
[00:24] | Captured nine more just east of the fence line. | 警戒线东边又抓了九个人 |
[00:26] | I want the trial started as soon as possible. | 我希望审判尽快开始 |
[00:29] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[00:30] | Set a course for Nassau | 他制定了回拿骚的航线 |
[00:31] | to send a message when we return. | 当我们回归时传递一条信息 |
[00:33] | When I informed Sarah of my intent to formally end our marriage, | 当我告诉莎拉我想正式和你结婚的时候 |
[00:36] | her family persuaded my old creditors | 她的家人说服我的一些大债主 |
[00:38] | to accelerate my timetables for repayment. | 缩短了我的还债期 |
[00:41] | I would default. | 我还不起 |
[00:42] | Three men know the resting place of the chest, | 三个男人[人]知道宝箱的藏宝地 |
[00:45] | and one woman. | 还有一个女人 |
[00:46] | He told it to me before we left home. | 他在我们离家之前告诉我的 |
[00:48] | There will be no pirate king here. | 这里将没有海盗王 |
[00:50] | Of that much I am certain. | 就这个要求 |
[00:55] | Long John Silver. Welcome home. | 郎·约翰·西弗尔 欢迎回家 |
[04:00] | What is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[04:07] | I said, what’s going on here? | 我说 到底怎么回事 |
[04:10] | What do you want from me? | 你想对我做什么 |
[04:51] | Blacksmith pays for these. | 铁匠付钱买了这些 |
[04:59] | Jeweler pays for these. | 珠宝商付钱买了这些 |
[05:04] | The law pays for you. | 而执法者正付钱买你的人头 |
[05:08] | 500 pieces for Long John Silver. | 郎·约翰·西弗尔一个人就值500银币 |
[05:13] | I’m sorry, I think you’re mistaken. I’m not– | 抱歉 你好像认错人了 我不是… |
[05:20] | I seen you. | 我见过你 |
[05:22] | Before. | 之前见过 |
[05:24] | Before you was Long. | 在你成为郎之前 |
[05:30] | Now… | 如今… |
[05:33] | they say you’re supposed to be a pirate king. | 他们说你应该是海盗王 |
[05:38] | A strongman. | 一个铁腕人物 |
[05:41] | That true? | 真的吗 |
[05:49] | That’s what I thought. | 我本以为是那样 |
[05:52] | More lies. | 太多谎言 |
[05:58] | So, | 所以 |
[06:00] | you returned. | 你回来了 |
[06:02] | You’re angry. | 你现在很生气 |
[06:05] | And you just killed one of the governor’s men. | 你刚刚杀了总督的一个手下 |
[06:12] | Now write that. | 写下来 |
[06:15] | I killed who? | 我杀了谁 |
[06:18] | Killed him. | 杀了他 |
[06:23] | What? | 什么 |
[06:25] | 500 pieces they pay before you did it. | 你动手之前就已经值500银币了 |
[06:28] | I think more after. | 动手之后应该有更多 |
[06:31] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[07:11] | Write. | 写 |
[07:43] | I am told it will begin soon. | 我听说很快就会开始了 |
[07:49] | The executions of the men captured on the beach yesterday. | 处决昨天在海滩上抓到的人 |
[07:54] | It’s for the best to have it done. | 尽快解决才是最佳方案 |
[07:59] | It could have been you. | 被处决的本可以是你们 |
[08:09] | I gave you… | 是我… |
[08:12] | both of you, | 让你们俩 |
[08:14] | a place to stand here. | 在这儿有了一席之地 |
[08:17] | I gave you a life, | 我让你活了下来 |
[08:20] | and you repaid me by conspiring with my enemies. | 而你的回报却是和我的敌人沆瀣一气 |
[08:25] | Ma’am, I don’t know what you think you heard, but– | 女士 我不知道你听说了什么 但是… |
[08:27] | Quiet. | 闭嘴 |
[08:32] | I know you were responsible for Captain Rackham’s escape. | 我知道是你放了拉克姆船长 |
[08:36] | I know you solicited her to aid you in the effort. | 我知道你请她帮了你 |
[08:40] | I know you relayed information to the pirate resistance | 我知道大清洗中你给反抗的海盗们 |
[08:44] | throughout the purges here. | 传递过信息 |
[08:46] | I have been monitoring all of it since it began. | 我从一开始就在监视着这一切 |
[08:50] | Monitoring? | 监视 |
[08:52] | You intercepted his message. | 是你拦截了他的讯息 |
[08:55] | The warning that was to alert Captain Flint | 拦截了通知弗林特船长 |
[08:56] | of the governor’s obstructing the harbor. | 总督在港口设置了障碍的警告 |
[09:02] | Why aren’t we out there? | 那为什么我们没被处决 |
[09:05] | Why didn’t you report us to Captain Berringer? | 你为什么没向贝林格船长举报我们 |
[09:09] | Let fall! | 放下来 |
[09:24] | The continued pirate threat makes Captain Berringer | 持续不断的海盗侵袭令贝林格船长 |
[09:27] | a necessary, if temporary, evil. | 成为一个必不可少但是暂时性的祸害 |
[09:31] | But I do not care for the idea of having him | 不过我不在乎他是否 |
[09:33] | trampling through my affairs, | 从我的事业上践踏过去 |
[09:34] | encouraged by one scandal to search for more, | 通过一桩丑闻引向更多丑闻 |
[09:38] | which is why I secured an agreement from the governor | 因此我才向总督申请了一份协议 |
[09:40] | that my informants would be held immune from any prosecution | 那就是 我线人里先前跟海盗有过交往的 |
[09:43] | for their prior associations with the pirates. | 都能够被免去一切处罚 |
[09:50] | This will all pass soon enough | 这一切很快就会过去的 |
[09:53] | if we let it. | 我们只用任其发展 |
[10:04] | My grandfather was a pirate of another sort. | 我祖父也曾是海盗 另一种类型的海盗 |
[10:08] | When he was a young man, he swindled a ship, | 他年轻的时候 骗到了一艘船 |
[10:10] | hired it to privateers, | 然后把船租给了私掠者 |
[10:12] | and earned a share of their spoils for his trouble. | 再从他们抢到的东西里分一杯羹 |
[10:15] | But he had an ambition for something far greater than plunder, | 但他野心很大 不满足于做个抢掠者 |
[10:19] | a desire to build something more permanent. | 他希望建立一种更持久的东西 |
[10:22] | So, plunder purchased more ships. | 因此 这个抢掠者买了更多的船 |
[10:25] | Ships generated more profits, | 船又给他带来更多利润 |
[10:27] | profits became wealth, | 利润积攒成了财富 |
[10:29] | which became influence, which became power. | 财富产生了影响力 最终演变成了权利 |
[10:33] | By the time I was born, | 我出生的时候 |
[10:36] | my grandfather was one of the wealthiest men | 我的祖父是新大陆上最为 |
[10:38] | in the New World. | 富有的人之一 |
[10:46] | If I go to him, | 如果我去找他 |
[10:48] | if I plead our case and gain his support, | 如果我们向法庭申诉并获得他的支持 |
[10:50] | that might be all we need, all Nassau needs, | 或许我们就有救了 拿骚也有救了 |
[10:52] | to emerge from this intact. | 让我们能全身而退 |
[10:58] | He could pay my debts? | 他能还清我的债务吗 |
[11:01] | Several times over, yes. | 还几次都够了 |
[11:04] | He could send us ships? | 能给我们提供船只吗 |
[11:06] | And guns? | 还有弹药 |
[11:08] | And mercenaries? | 以及佣兵 |
[11:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:13] | But? | 前提是 |
[11:16] | My father was ill-favored by his family, | 我的父亲不受家族里的人喜欢 |
[11:18] | and that was before he made their name synonymous | 在他还没有因为在西印度群岛做海盗而使得 |
[11:20] | with piracy in the West Indies. | 家族姓氏变得臭名昭著之前就这样了 |
[11:22] | And all I’ve done since is make their name | 而我所做的事就是把家族姓氏 |
[11:24] | synonymous with scandal in London. | 跟伦敦的丑闻联系到了一起 |
[11:28] | It is far from a foregone conclusion | 他们愿不愿意帮助我们 |
[11:30] | that they’ll be inclined to offer me their help. | 那我实在是说不准 |
[11:35] | But, | 不过 |
[11:38] | given our state of affairs, | 考虑到我们现在的境况 |
[11:39] | it seems more than worth a try. | 似乎还是值得一试的 |
[11:43] | And unlike in the past… | 不过跟以往不同的是 |
[11:46] | I now have something to offer them | 我现在有筹码了 |
[11:48] | that may make the ask more attractive. | 能让这个要求看起来更有吸引力 |
[11:52] | What’s that? | 什么筹码 |
[11:55] | You. | 你 |
[11:57] | They can purchase ships and influence and power, | 他们可以买到船只 影响力和权力 |
[12:01] | but they cannot purchase what they ultimately want. | 但是他们最终想要的东西用钱是买不到的 |
[12:04] | And that is for the family to be known within London society | 那就是 让整个家族在伦敦社交界闻名 |
[12:06] | for something more than being a backwater merchant clan. | 而不是以落后地区的商人家族自居 |
[12:10] | Calling you a part of it certainly wouldn’t hurt matters. | 让你成为家族的一部分 对此绝对有益无害 |
[12:20] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[12:31] | Steady, now. | 停下 |
[12:35] | She drifted into the harbor a little while ago. | 这艘船不久前漂进了港口 |
[12:41] | A message from Teach upon his return. | 是蒂奇送来的警告 |
[12:45] | There he intends to sit. | 他就停在那边 |
[12:49] | Denying passage in or out of the bay. | 堵住我们进出港口 |
[12:53] | If we cede to his demand, he will leave. | 如果我们同意他的要求 他就会离开 |
[12:58] | What demand is that? | 他的要求是什么 |
[12:59] | That we surrender to him the woman he holds responsible | 让我们把杀死查尔斯·韦恩的凶手 |
[13:02] | for the murder of Charles Vane. | 交给他 |
[13:07] | He also holds 61 more of my men prisoner aboard his ship. | 他船上还扣着我61个手下 |
[13:12] | If we refuse, | 如果我们拒绝 |
[13:15] | he promises they will meet the same fate as these men. | 他保证会让他们跟这些人一个下场 |
[13:28] | He won’t turn her over. | 他不会把她交出来的 |
[13:31] | Not for 60 men. | 不会为了60个人 |
[13:33] | Not for 600 men. | 就算600个也不会 |
[13:34] | No. | 的确 |
[13:36] | I don’t expect he will. | 我也没指望他真交出来 |
[13:40] | Nor do we have the stores to maintain this blockade for long. | 没有储蓄物资 我们也不能堵在这里太久 |
[13:45] | So we need to move quickly. | 因此我们要快点行动 |
[13:47] | You’ll gather your men. | 把你的人召集起来 |
[13:49] | You will stand ready to depart upon nightfall. | 做好准备在夜幕时分出发 |
[13:51] | And whilst the enemy remains focused on us, | 趁着敌人的注意力在我们身上 |
[13:53] | you will make your landing to the west | 你们在西面登陆 |
[13:55] | and move undetected into town. | 悄无声息地潜入城里 |
[13:57] | You will find Eleanor Guthrie | 找到埃莉诺·格斯里 |
[14:00] | and you will bring her out of Nassau, back here. | 带她离开拿骚 回到这里 |
[14:05] | There ain’t no good way in from the west. | 从西边没有方便进去的地方 |
[14:11] | I agree. Perhaps an approach from the lagoon. | 没错 试试从环礁湖进去吧 |
[14:14] | Do it. | 想办法 |
[14:45] | We depart for the Underhill plantation on the hour, | 我们准点出发去昂德希尔种植园 |
[14:48] | arrive just before dark, approach from the east, | 天黑前能到 从东边过去 |
[14:51] | eliminate the overseers, | 消灭监工 |
[14:53] | secure the main house, and in so doing | 占领主屋 这样以来 |
[14:55] | establish a camp capable of Billy’s plan. | 就能建立营地施行比利计划 |
[15:00] | Your plan. | 也就是你的计划 |
[15:02] | You will be leading our forces. | 我们的人是由你来带领的 |
[15:04] | Does that not make it your plan, too? | 难道这不说明这也是你的计划吗 |
[15:06] | What choice do I have? | 我有选择的余地吗 |
[15:09] | I must say, it, uh, caught me by surprise, | 我得承认 我有点惊讶 |
[15:12] | your assertion that Mr. Silver | 你断言西尔弗先生 |
[15:16] | had revealed the whereabouts of the buried cache. | 透露了埋藏着宝藏的地点 |
[15:20] | – Assertion? – Maybe he told you. | -什么叫断言 -也许他真告诉你了 |
[15:23] | Felt close enough to you to share it, or maybe… | 觉得和你关系亲近到可以告诉你 又或者 |
[15:26] | you saw an opportunity | 你看到了一个 |
[15:30] | to counter my leverage with Billy. | 能和比利反将我一军的机会 |
[15:33] | And all it took was a lie | 需要的只是一个 |
[15:35] | that’s terribly inconvenient to disprove. | 很不方便证伪的谎言而已 |
[15:43] | And what choice did I have? | 我当时又有什么选择 |
[15:46] | The moment we arrived, | 我们刚刚到达 |
[15:47] | it was instantly clear to me– | 情势就很直白了 |
[15:50] | he is the one keeping this place together. | 是他避免了这里的分裂 |
[15:53] | His men look up to him, rely on him, | 他的人敬仰他 依靠他 |
[15:57] | trust him. | 信任他 |
[15:59] | Many of your men even trust him, as well. | 甚至不少你的人也信任他 |
[16:04] | He is going to be relevant to what happens next here. | 这里接下来的命运和他息息相关 |
[16:07] | That much is painfully obvious. | 这一点是显而易见的 |
[16:10] | And your first instinct is to dismiss him. | 而你的第一直觉就是开除他 |
[16:13] | Had I not stepped in, | 如果我不插手 |
[16:15] | who knows how destructive that could have become | 谁知道结局对所有人来说 |
[16:17] | for everyone? | 会是怎样的灾难 |
[16:51] | Can’t sit still and let him hold us hostage. | 不能就这样无所作为 任由他威胁 |
[16:53] | Can’t fight him directly | 也不能正面迎战 |
[16:55] | or we risk losing what few soldiers we have left. | 否则有可能损失掉我们仅剩的士兵 |
[16:58] | And even if I could slip a ship past him | 就算我能开船从他身边逃出去 |
[17:00] | to seek aid from your family in the colonies, | 去殖民地寻找你家族的援助 |
[17:02] | you’d have to be on that ship. | 你也必须跟我一起 |
[17:04] | And you’d never get that far before he caught you. | 肯定逃不了多远就会被他抓住 |
[17:07] | I won’t risk that. | 我不能冒这个险 |
[17:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:18] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们这么做 |
[17:21] | I board the sloop… | 我开单桅帆船 |
[17:22] | – No. – …and I run. | -不 -往远处逃 |
[17:23] | You just said it’s too far to outrun him. | 你刚刚才说逃不远的 |
[17:24] | To Philadelphia it’s too far, | 到费城确实太远 |
[17:26] | but I can make safe harbor somewhere nearer. | 但近处还是有可能安全上岸的 |
[17:29] | Outrun for a day, pull him away from here, | 只要快他一天 引他离开这里 |
[17:30] | then seek shelter in a friendly port | 去有足够力量抵抗他的 |
[17:32] | strong enough to prevent his entry. | 友方港口寻求庇护 |
[17:33] | Meanwhile… | 同时 |
[17:36] | the door will be open for you | 你也就有了 |
[17:37] | to reach your grandfather and gain his aid. | 去找你祖父求援的机会 |
[17:42] | Why you? | 为什么是你 |
[17:44] | Why not have someone else lead him away? | 为什么不能派别人去引开他 |
[17:47] | Because he won’t leave that position to chase someone else. | 因为换别人他是不会离开的 |
[17:50] | He’d chase you, | 他是会追你 |
[17:52] | and I believe, given the opportunity, | 我也相信 有机会的话 |
[17:54] | he might chase me for a chance | 他也有可能追我 |
[17:55] | at ending this regime once and for all. | 一次性了结这里 |
[18:01] | From where I stand, it’s the only way out of this. | 在我看来 这是唯一的办法 |
[18:08] | Insurrection | 进行 |
[18:08] | against the lawfully appointed governor, | 针对合法总督的暴动 |
[18:11] | high seas piracy, treason. | 公海海盗行为 叛国 |
[18:13] | Does the accused have any words to say in his own defense? | 被告有什么要为自己辩护的吗 |
[18:20] | Fuck… you. | 去你的 |
[18:22] | – Oh, get him. – This is injustice! | -抓住他 -这不公正 |
[18:23] | Fuck you! | 去你的 |
[18:26] | Fuck you! | 去你的 |
[18:27] | Gentlemen, that’s enough! | 先生们 够了 |
[18:29] | Get out there. Go on. | 出去 快点 |
[18:33] | Bring in the next man! | 把下一个带上来 |
[18:38] | It’s been like that all day. | 都这样一天了 |
[18:43] | We’ve condemned a dozen men since morning. | 早上以来我们已经给十几个判了刑 |
[18:45] | And between them, | 而在他们眼中 |
[18:47] | I’ve yet to see an ounce of remorse. | 我看不出一丝悔恨 |
[18:51] | Savages to the bitter end. | 他们自始自终都是野蛮人 |
[18:57] | When you condemn a dozen men in as many hours, | 当你花好几个小时来给这些人定罪 |
[19:01] | perhaps remorse is a bit much to ask. | 可能就不能要求他们有悔恨之心了吧 |
[19:04] | You object to these trials. | 你反对这些审讯 |
[19:07] | I do not object to trials, | 我不反对审讯 |
[19:09] | I do not object to hangings. | 我不反对绞刑 |
[19:11] | What I do object to, however, is spectacle, | 我反对的是这种形式 |
[19:14] | certain to increase defiance and anger | 这只会加剧人们的愤怒和反抗 |
[19:17] | rather than sooth it. | 而非安抚他们 |
[19:19] | We should be moving past this, | 我们应该抛开过去 |
[19:21] | not wallowing in it. | 而非沉湎其中 |
[19:24] | That’s a very noble perspective. | 这是非常崇高的见解 |
[19:27] | And I might share it were it not for the soldier of mine | 若不是今早发现我的手下被割穿了喉咙 |
[19:29] | found with his throat slit this morning… | 还附了一张纸条 |
[19:34] | with a note attached… | 威胁说再有海盗被绞死 |
[19:37] | threatening that any further hanging of pirates | 就会有更多报复行为 |
[19:40] | would be met with more reprisals. | 我也许还会同意你的观点 |
[19:45] | A note attributed | 纸条来自于 |
[19:47] | to Long John Silver. | 朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[19:52] | I believe our current war is far from over. | 我相信我们的战争远未结束 |
[19:55] | I believe there are yet still radicals amongst us | 我相信我们之中还有激进分子 |
[19:58] | eager to do us harm in the name of their pirate king. | 迫不及待地想以海盗王的名义加害我们 |
[20:03] | And I believe there is more you could be doing | 我还相信只要你愿意 |
[20:06] | to aid us in ferreting out those radicals. | 就能帮我们做得更多 |
[20:13] | If you choose to. | 帮我们找出这些激进分子 |
[20:21] | I am very sorry for the loss of your man, | 对你手下的死伤 我感到非常抱歉 |
[20:24] | and I will be vigilant, as I always am, | 我也会和往常一样 |
[20:26] | about any information that might allow us | 对任何有助于拿骚的安全稳定的消息 |
[20:28] | to make Nassau safe. | 保持警觉 |
[20:31] | But promises were made | 但总督对我 |
[20:33] | by the governor to me, | 我对我的线人 |
[20:35] | by me to my informants. | 都已作出承诺 |
[20:37] | And if oaths are no longer kept here, | 如果在这里承诺都无法兑现 |
[20:40] | if boundaries are no longer respected here, | 人的底线不再被尊重 |
[20:43] | then there is no civilization left here to defend, | 那么这里也不再有值得被守护的文明 |
[20:47] | and I do not know what we are fighting for. | 我也不知道我们在为什么而战了 |
[20:55] | In a matter of hours, | 几小时之后 |
[20:57] | the governor and his wife will set sail from here | 总督和夫人将从这里出发 |
[20:59] | aboard separate vessels | 登上不同的船 |
[21:01] | to seek aid in our efforts. | 去努力寻求援助 |
[21:04] | He to Port Royal, she to Philadelphia. | 他去皇家港 她去费城 |
[21:09] | I alone am to be left in charge of Nassau’s security. | 我被留下负责拿骚的安全 |
[21:15] | And I gave our lord governor my solemn oath | 我向总督大人立下庄严之誓 |
[21:17] | that I would see it protected | 我会保护拿骚 |
[21:20] | against any and all enemies. | 不受任何敌人的侵袭 |
[21:26] | I look forward very much | 我非常期望 |
[21:27] | to be working with you to that end. | 能与你一起守护这里 |
[21:39] | Philadelphia? | 费城 |
[21:41] | What is in Philadelphia worth leaving things here in this state? | 费城有什么值得你们在此状况下离开这里 |
[21:44] | My grandfather spent his winters there | 我的祖父冬天在那里 |
[21:46] | negotiating with his suppliers for the spring. | 与春季的供货商商谈 |
[21:48] | I’ll find him there and secure his assistance. | 我会去那里找他 确保他伸出援手 |
[21:50] | I must strongly advise against it, | 我强烈反对这件事 |
[21:52] | against you and the governor being gone in this moment. | 反对你和总督在此时离开 |
[21:55] | We are so very close to winning this war | 我们快要赢得这场战争了 |
[21:57] | and finally bringing Nassau out of the dark. | 终于要将拿骚从黑暗中解救出来了 |
[22:00] | But I fear we cannot complete the victory on our own. | 但恐怕我们单凭自己无法获得胜利 |
[22:03] | We’re going to need help, | 我们需要他人的援助 |
[22:03] | and this is the only way I know how to get it. | 而这是我唯一知道的获得援助的方式 |
[22:05] | You and I both know that there are men on both sides of this war | 你我都知道战争中有些人与双方都有来往 |
[22:08] | whose identities are so enmeshed in this conflict | 他们在战争中已经陷得太深 |
[22:10] | that they are more afraid | 以至于他们更害怕的 |
[22:11] | of ending it than they are of losing it. | 是战争结束而不是被打败 |
[22:14] | And I believe you are about to elevate one of those men | 我认为你正要提拔至显要位置的那个人 |
[22:16] | into a position of significant power. | 就是其中之一 |
[22:19] | That may very well be, | 这很有可能 |
[22:21] | but Captain Berringer is loyal. | 但贝林格船长很忠诚 |
[22:23] | Captain Berringer is strong. | 也很强大 |
[22:26] | And at this moment, Captain Berringer | 在此时 贝林格船长 |
[22:27] | is a man before whom Nassau lives in terror. | 就是那个将拿骚从恐惧中解救出来的人 |
[22:31] | Right now, that might be what she needs. | 而这正是拿骚现在需要的 |
[22:35] | The governor will return soon | 总督很快就会回来 |
[22:36] | and I soon thereafter. | 随后我也会回来 |
[22:38] | We just need things to hold until then. | 我们只用撑到那时 |
[22:41] | And this seems like our best chance at it. | 而这似乎就是我们最好的机会 |
[23:03] | “More lies.” | “太多谎言” |
[23:08] | Who else’s lies am I to be held responsible for? | 我还要为谁的谎言负责 |
[23:19] | I heard a story once… | 我听过一个故事 |
[23:23] | told to me by Captain Flint, | 是弗林特船长告诉我的 |
[23:26] | who knows Nassau’s history as well as any other. | 他对拿骚的历史了如指掌 |
[23:31] | A story about a man consigned to the wrecks. | 故事里的男人被放逐到沉船残骸 |
[23:35] | A man who was quite specifically disfigured. | 他面容已毁 |
[23:40] | A man who sailed with Edward Teach | 早年他曾与爱德华·蒂奇 |
[23:43] | in his early days. | 出过海 |
[23:45] | One of his most trusted men… | 是蒂奇最信任的左右手 |
[23:49] | and one of the deadliest men that Nassau ever knew. | 也是拿骚史上最令人闻风丧胆的人 |
[23:55] | I heard that on the day Governor Thompson fled, | 我听说汤普森总督逃走那天 |
[23:59] | it was actually this man who wielded the knife | 是这个男人挥刀 |
[24:02] | that killed his wife and son. | 杀死了总督的妻儿 |
[24:05] | So, all Teach and Jennings and the giants | 所以在蒂奇 詹宁斯和其他巨头 |
[24:08] | were hailed as the fathers of the pirate republic. | 被奉为海盗共和国之父的同时 |
[24:13] | It was actually another who cut the cord. | 助拿骚挣脱束缚的其实另有其人 |
[24:21] | I heard his name was… | 我听说他名字叫… |
[24:25] | Israel Hands. | 伊斯雷尔·汉兹 |
[24:36] | It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. | 很荣幸能认识你 |
[24:41] | Though, given the rest of the story, | 虽然故事的后段 |
[24:44] | it is of some curiosity to me that you’re still here. | 让我很好奇你为何仍在这里 |
[24:48] | See, I heard that when Captain Teach | 据说当蒂奇船长 |
[24:50] | began to see Charles Vane as his heir apparent, | 将查尔斯·韦恩视为自己的继承人时 |
[24:54] | Israel Hands became jealous of Teach’s affection | 伊斯雷尔·汉兹深感妒忌 |
[24:57] | and that it led to a falling out with the captain | 于是和船长闹翻了 |
[24:59] | that was most humiliating. | 场面十分不堪 |
[25:05] | A degrading beating before all the crews on the beach. | 当着所有船员的面 他在沙滩上被揍得半死 |
[25:08] | A pistol shot just missing his eye, | 子弹险些射中他的眼睛 |
[25:10] | rendering him a misshapen wretch. | 他成了一个残缺的可怜人 |
[25:14] | You talk too much. | 你话太多了 |
[25:27] | So, you can understand my confusion, | 现在你能理解我为什么困惑了吧 |
[25:29] | given that Nassau’s first king | 在拿骚的第一任王 |
[25:30] | embarrassed you so thoroughly and so publicly, | 如此彻底而公开地羞辱你 |
[25:34] | forbade any other crew from having you. | 并禁止其它船队收留你之后 |
[25:37] | Why on earth would you have stayed? | 你为什么还要留在这 |
[25:41] | I sincerely hope it isn’t because you’re still holding out | 我诚心希望你不是为了 |
[25:43] | for some sort of apology from Teach. | 得到蒂奇的道歉 |
[25:58] | Fuck Teach. | 去他的蒂奇 |
[26:01] | Yeah, fuck Teach. | 是啊 去他的蒂奇 |
[26:05] | We are brothers that sail beneath the black. | 我们是在黑旗下一同航行的兄弟 |
[26:07] | How can a man like that be the best of us? | 那样的男人怎配当海盗之王 |
[26:13] | Well, they followed Teach, and where did it lead? | 他们跟随了蒂奇 却落得个什么下场 |
[26:17] | An English governor raising his flag over Nassau. | 拿骚如今被一个英国总督统治 |
[26:23] | Fuck Teach. | 去他的蒂奇 |
[26:27] | He was almost the end of us. | 他几乎终结了我们 |
[26:30] | But now I’m here | 但如今有我在 |
[26:33] | and things are about to begin again. | 一切都将重新开始 |
[26:37] | You? | 你 |
[26:40] | Who are you that I ought to pay you any mind? | 你算什么货色 值得我理会 |
[26:44] | I’m no one. | 我只是无名之辈 |
[26:47] | From nowhere. | 没有显赫的背景 |
[26:50] | Belonging to nothing. | 了无牵挂 |
[26:54] | I’m a wretch like you. | 跟你一样是个可怜之人 |
[26:57] | And yet | 然而 |
[27:00] | mountains of gold have changed hands because I chose it. | 成堆的金子转手 是我做的选择 |
[27:05] | Thousands of men in Nassau are living in fear of my return | 成千上万的拿骚人害怕我的归来 |
[27:08] | because I decreed it. | 是我下的命令 |
[27:11] | Hundreds of dead redcoats in a forest not far from here | 离这不远的树林里死了数百个英国军人 |
[27:14] | because I made it so. | 是我设的局 |
[27:18] | I’m the reason grown men lie awake at night. | 成年人晚上都因为惧怕我而无法入睡 |
[27:24] | I am a new beginning for Nassau. | 我就是拿骚的新篇 |
[27:31] | And you’d trade all of that for what? | 而你只拿我去换多少 |
[27:36] | 500 pieces? | 五百个银币 |
[27:45] | You think you’re worth more? | 你认为你不止这个价钱 |
[27:48] | To the right people. | 在对的人眼中 是的 |
[27:52] | Who? | 谁 |
[27:55] | Who would pay so much for you? | 谁愿意为你花这么多钱 |
[28:26] | Enough. | 行了 |
[28:32] | Is she asleep yet? | 她睡着了吗 |
[28:35] | Audrey? | 奥德丽 |
[28:38] | Are you asleep yet? | 你睡着了吗 |
[28:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:46] | Your daughter. | 你的女儿啊 |
[28:51] | Ruth, fix some more hot water, would you? | 露丝 再打点热水来 |
[28:58] | Ruth? | 露丝 |
[29:00] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[29:15] | We’re under attack! | 有人偷袭 |
[29:29] | Move! Move! | 快行动 快行动 |
[30:22] | The main slave quarters. | 这是奴隶主营房区 |
[30:24] | Take as many extra weapons as you can. | 尽可能多拿些武器 |
[30:27] | Let’s get them armed. | 让大家都全副武装 |
[30:28] | It’s only a matter of time before militia arrive | 要不了多久 别的种植园的民兵 |
[30:30] | from other estates that heard the alarm. | 就会闻讯而来 |
[31:11] | Wait! | 慢着 |
[31:17] | If you shoot, | 你开枪的话 |
[31:19] | I’ll have to do the same. | 我也会开枪 |
[31:48] | Hello, Ruth. | 你好 露丝 |
[32:07] | You knew my father. | 你认识我父亲 |
[32:11] | I had heard that you might be coming | 我之前就听说你会来 |
[32:15] | to set us free. | 解救我们 |
[32:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:21] | I’m glad that you came. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[32:25] | And now I need you to go. | 但现在我希望你离开 |
[32:59] | They say your ship is ready to depart. | 他们说你的船马上就要出发了 |
[33:02] | The launch awaits you at the jetty. | 已经在码头等着了 |
[33:09] | I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[33:17] | How long do you think to Port Royal? | 你去皇家港要多久 |
[33:19] | I’ll make it. | 我会安全到达的 |
[33:22] | I promise you I will make it. | 我保证我会安全到那儿的 |
[33:24] | Don’t you dare let him catch you, don’t you dare. | 我不准你被他抓住 我不准 |
[33:27] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[33:32] | You wait until morning to depart. | 你要等到明天早上再走 |
[33:35] | I don’t want him lurking in | 我担心他会躲在暗处 |
[33:35] | the dark out there awaiting another departure. | 等你离开时伺机而动 |
[33:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:42] | I hear Philadelphia is lovely. | 我听说费城很宜人 |
[33:44] | Try not to dawdle there. | 你可别在那儿混日子 |
[33:49] | I will see you back here again. | 等我们回来再见 |
[33:52] | Soon. | 很快的 |
[33:54] | Soon. | 一定要快 |
[35:05] | He wants to know when you’re leaving. | 他想知道你什么时候走 |
[35:11] | You have no intention of leaving, do you? | 你根本没想离开 是吗 |
[35:17] | What exactly do you suggest I tell him? | 你觉得我告诉他什么好 |
[35:20] | Whatever the fuck you wanna tell him. | 你爱说什么说什么 |
[35:22] | Anne. | 安妮 |
[35:24] | At a certain point, there is a good chance | 你一意孤行 总有一天 他很可能 |
[35:26] | he’ll just decide to kill you than take your no for an answer. | 会直接杀了你 不会再容忍你的忤逆了 |
[35:30] | He can try. | 他倒试试看 |
[35:31] | “He can try.” | “他倒试试看” |
[35:33] | I’ll pass that one along. | 我会转告他的 |
[35:38] | I go looking for Eleanor Guthrie, | 我去找埃莉诺·格斯里 |
[35:41] | you know I’m gonna find her, too. | 还有她 |
[35:47] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[35:50] | Said if I turned over the cache, you’d be safe. | 如果我归还了金子 你就安全了 |
[35:56] | And it ain’t just the lie. | 而这不仅是谎言 |
[36:02] | She tried to take you away from me. | 她还想把你从我这儿夺走 |
[36:11] | When I left that island… | 当我离开那个岛时 |
[36:14] | all I could think about was having a chance to make her pay… | 就想着有一天要让她为其所行 |
[36:18] | for what she done. | 付出代价 |
[36:23] | Now that we’re here… | 既然我们已经到了这儿 |
[36:28] | it would be so easy. | 接下来就易如反掌了 |
[36:34] | And I don’t wanna do it. | 但我并不想这么做 |
[36:40] | Don’t wanna live with it after. | 不想余生就背负着这罪责 |
[36:45] | The sight of her hurt in that way. | 回想她那痛苦的样子 |
[36:51] | Just don’t want it. | 我真不想这样 |
[37:00] | That fucking island. | 那座岛真晦气 |
[37:04] | Makes you do shit you don’t wanna do. | 逼着你做你不想做的事 |
[37:11] | How is it we haven’t figured that out by now? | 如果我们没认清这一点 现在又会如何 |
[37:17] | What the hell are we doing back here, Jack? | 我们到底在这儿干吗 杰克 |
[37:27] | It’s the governor’s banner! | 那是总督的旗 |
[37:29] | Glass, please. Quickly. | 给我望远镜 快 |
[38:03] | Well, the good news is… | 好消息是 |
[38:05] | Ben’s squad just found a storehouse filled to the ceiling | 本的小队刚发现了一间装满了 |
[38:07] | of salt pork, corn. | 腌肉和粮食的仓库 |
[38:09] | They must have been readying a shipment back into Nassau. | 那肯定是准备运往拿骚的物资 |
[38:12] | So, between that and the ordinance we just scavenged, | 有了那些食物 加上刚刚扫荡的战利品 |
[38:15] | we may be better supplied | 在补给上 |
[38:16] | than the British in Nassau at this moment. | 我们应该是胜于拿骚的英国驻军了 |
[38:20] | That said, | 尽管这样说 |
[38:22] | the strangest thing just happened out by the slave quarters. | 刚刚奴隶营房那儿很不对劲 |
[38:25] | The doors were locked | 那儿的门是从里面 |
[38:28] | from the inside. | 锁上的 |
[38:32] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[38:40] | What? | 什么 |
[38:43] | What did she tell you? | 她对你说了什么 |
[38:46] | When I acquired those weapons we used to fight the British, | 我去拿我们过去对抗英国的武器时 |
[38:50] | it apparently aroused suspicion amongst the estate owners, | 显然引起了种植园主的怀疑 |
[38:54] | concerned that the alliance between your people and mine | 他们担心我们之间的联盟 |
[38:56] | might prove dangerous to maintaining control over their holdings, | 会对他们的财产构成威胁 |
[39:01] | so they took precautions | 于是便采取措施 |
[39:04] | against any move that might incite revolt. | 预防一切有可能的叛乱 |
[39:08] | Any man who had a woman, | 他们强行拆散夫妻 |
[39:11] | any woman who had a child was separated. | 分离母子 |
[39:15] | With families distributed | 家庭成员分散在 |
[39:16] | amongst the other plantations on the island, | 岛上各大种植园里 |
[39:20] | if any one community revolted | 任何一个人叛乱或无所作为 |
[39:23] | or by inaction allowed an estate to be toppled, | 使得其中一个种植园被推翻 |
[39:26] | their husbands and wives and children | 他们分布于其他种植园里的 |
[39:30] | who are held on the other plantations | 家庭成员 |
[39:31] | would be punished most severely. | 都会受到残忍的酷刑 |
[39:36] | If we complete this conquest, | 如果这次征服成功 |
[39:39] | if we force a situation | 如果我们造成 |
[39:41] | which might see these people’s husbands and wives and children | 这些人的丈夫妻子和小孩 |
[39:44] | brutalized this way, | 被虐待的局面 |
[39:46] | many of them would die by their own hand | 他们中的许多人会在事情发生之前 |
[39:48] | before they let that happen. | 先选择自杀 |
[39:50] | We’ll move quickly, take the other plantations as well. | 我们火速行动 把其他种植园一并拿下 |
[39:52] | To seven different estates? | 七个种植园吗 |
[39:57] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[39:58] | – We have no choice. – You want to withdraw? | -我们别无选择 -你难道要撤退吗 |
[40:01] | If we don’t, knowing full well the cost, | 如果不撤退 想清楚代价 |
[40:03] | it will be the end of whatever trust exists | 我们和岛上所有奴隶取得的信任 |
[40:05] | between us and the slaves on the island, | 全部瓦解 |
[40:07] | or anywhere, for that matter. | 甚至可能失去其他人的信任 |
[40:09] | The end of any alliance that might be between us. | 我们结成的所有联盟都将破裂 |
[40:11] | How is leaving them here any better? | 难道留他们在这自生自灭吗 |
[40:13] | The only way to free them safely | 要想安全解放他们 |
[40:15] | is if it is all at once. | 只有一次拿下所有种植园 |
[40:17] | Simultaneous revolts across the island | 岛上反叛的信号 |
[40:19] | initiated by one very loud | 清楚响亮 |
[40:21] | and very clear signal that will be heard by all. | 所有人都听得到 |
[40:24] | – If we take Nassau first… – Take it first? | -如果我们先拿下拿骚 -先拿下 |
[40:26] | it would demonstrate to the slave communities | 就能向奴隶们证明 |
[40:28] | the viability of our enterprise. | 我们计划的可行度 |
[40:30] | Show them that beyond revolt lies a safe harbor | 告诉他们反叛后能有安全的居所 |
[40:33] | with allies strong enough to protect them. | 能有强大的盟友保护他们 |
[40:35] | It is the only way to ensure | 这是唯一的方式确保 |
[40:37] | that the greatest number of them survive. | 他们中大多数人的安全 |
[40:40] | I lost six men tonight. | 我今晚失去了六个人手 |
[40:44] | The men I have left know this estate | 我剩下的人只知道这个种植园 |
[40:46] | means supplies and full stomachs. | 能够供给所需填饱肚子 |
[40:48] | They know they are stronger with it. | 他们知道有了这里能变得更强 |
[40:50] | And, thus, fewer of them will die | 从而减少接下来 |
[40:52] | in the weeks ahead than would without it. | 几个星期的人员伤亡 |
[40:54] | And you want to walk away. | 你想就这么一走了之 |
[40:56] | We didn’t come here to take an estate. | 我们来这不是为了拿下种植园 |
[40:58] | We came here to make a statement, | 是为了来这声明 |
[41:01] | not just to expel England, but to defeat them. | 我们不只是击退英国人而是要击败他们 |
[41:04] | And to do it together. That has always been the goal. | 联合起来是一直以来的目标 |
[41:06] | And right now, that requires | 如今这个目标需要 |
[41:07] | a painful but necessary tactical retreat. | 忍痛进行必要的战略撤退 |
[41:12] | I’m asking you… | 我求你 |
[41:15] | please… | 拜托了 |
[41:19] | don’t do this. | 别这么做 |
[41:27] | Militia’s approaching. | 民兵团来了 |
[41:29] | The neighboring estates must’ve heard the guns and rallied. | 附近的种植园一定听到枪声集合了 |
[41:34] | This was never gonna be easy. | 事情永远不会这么简单的 |
[41:38] | It just is what it is. | 也只能这样了 |
[41:51] | There’s been a change in circumstances. | 情况有变 |
[41:53] | We need to be gone before that militia arrives. | 我们得赶在民兵团到来前撤离 |
[41:55] | Gather all the weapons you can. | 收集所有武器 |
[41:57] | – We’re gonna be moving back towards. – We’re not going anywhere. | -我们往回走 -我们哪儿也不去 |
[42:03] | Henry, Davis, restrain the captain. | 亨利 戴维斯 抓住船长 |
[42:06] | What are you doing? | 你要干吗 |
[42:09] | I’m through following you down a path only you seem able to see. | 我受够了跟随你走只有你看得到的路 |
[42:13] | Towards a victory only you seem able to define. | 追逐你自己心目中的胜利 |
[42:17] | We will hold our position here | 我们留在这 |
[42:18] | until we can find our way into Nassau | 直到找到去拿骚 |
[42:20] | and free the rest of the men. | 和解放剩下所有人的方法 |
[42:22] | And we will do it without you. | 没有你我们也能做得到 |
[42:24] | Do it. | 动手 |
[42:26] | The rest of you form a firing line to repel that militia. | 其他人则组成队形准备用火力压制民兵 |
[42:44] | Are you sure you want to keep following him down that path? | 你确定要继续追随他的步伐吗 |
[42:54] | Stand your men down | 让你的人退回去 |
[42:56] | and follow me away from here, | 跟我离开这里 |
[42:59] | for any man who offers resistance to that militia | 那些对民兵动手的人 |
[43:02] | will be held responsible for– | 将会对… |
[43:04] | Fire! | 开火 |
[43:46] | Plantation men! | 种植园的人来了 |
[43:49] | – It’s over now! – We’re under attack! | -结束了 -我们被袭击了 |
[43:54] | – Fall back! Fall back! – Fall back! | -撤退 快撤 -撤退 |
[43:58] | Fall back to the corn field! | 撤到玉米地里 |
[44:22] | It’s been confirmed. | 消息确定了 |
[44:24] | The governor was spotted boarding the brig. | 有人看到总督上了一艘双桅横帆船 |
[44:26] | They’re hauling back their anchor as we speak. | 他们现在正准备出发 |
[44:37] | He’ll be gone within the hour, | 不出一个小时就会远离这里 |
[44:40] | off in search of aid, no doubt, | 毫无疑问 他是去搬救兵 |
[44:41] | to secure his possession of Nassau, | 好保住对拿骚的控制权 |
[44:43] | win the war for England. | 为英国赢下此战 |
[44:45] | And with him will depart a number of soldiers, | 和他一起走的还有一部分士兵 |
[44:48] | diminishing the number of bodies | 这使得埃莉诺·格斯里身边的守卫 |
[44:49] | between us and Eleanor Guthrie. | 也相应减少 |
[44:51] | That many fewer obstacles | 我们离为查尔斯 |
[44:53] | between us and justice for Charles’ murder. | 报仇雪恨又近了一步 |
[44:56] | If you still wish Anne | 如果你还是想 |
[44:57] | to lead the vanguard to do it, tell me now. | 让安妮领着先锋队去接近她 就跟我说一声吧 |
[44:59] | I’ll have it done. | 我现在就去办 |
[45:07] | Would you like to know what I think? | 你想知道我的看法吗 |
[45:11] | I think Anne is right. | 我觉得安妮说得对 |
[45:15] | She said something to me earlier. | 她之前和我说了一些事情 |
[45:17] | She said only a fool | 她说只有傻子 |
[45:19] | would give his life to earn the admiration of a corpse. | 才会为了一个死人的认可而献出自己的生命 |
[45:28] | I wanted to strangle her. | 我本想掐死她的 |
[45:30] | But part of me could not help but note in that moment | 但内心又不禁觉得 在那一瞬间 |
[45:34] | she sounded an awful lot like someone else I once knew, | 她听起来特别像我曾经认识的一个人 |
[45:37] | someone you and I both once knew who shared | 那个我们都认识的 一同分享着 |
[45:43] | Anne’s mistrust of sentimentality. | 安妮不信任感的人 |
[45:59] | And just after he joined my crew… | 就在他加入我的队伍之后… |
[46:02] | I spent two weeks careening on this shit island with no name. | 我花了两个星期 和新人一起修理船只 |
[46:09] | I knew right away he was different than the others. | 我当时就立马知道他非比寻常了 |
[46:13] | He was so like me when I was a younger man. | 他和我年轻的时候简直一模一样 |
[46:17] | And that he and I | 他和我 |
[46:20] | somehow were fated to matter to one another. | 仿佛命中注定般 对彼此有着不可分离的影响 |
[46:26] | I was consumed with the question of whether our similarities | 我一直被一个问题困扰 不停地想我们的相似之处 |
[46:29] | would be a blessing or a curse. | 到底是福是祸 |
[46:35] | So, whilst the others were careening, | 所以 当其他人在修船的时候 |
[46:39] | a number of us were inland | 我们当中有一部分人 |
[46:43] | by a spring. | 聚在岛上的一眼泉边 |
[46:47] | The sun climbs up over the top of the trees | 太阳跃过层层树影 |
[46:50] | in just a way that it shines off the pool… | 把整个水域都照亮了… |
[46:55] | lighting up all around us. | 我们周围的事物都变得明晰 |
[47:01] | In that moment, | 就在那一刻 |
[47:03] | a bird lands on the water– | 一只鸟降落在水面上… |
[47:05] | massive, snow-white beast, | 那是一只雪白的大鸟 |
[47:09] | big as a boar. | 和山猪一般大 |
[47:12] | To this day, I’ve never seen anything like it. | 时至今日 我也没再见过那样的生物 |
[47:17] | Between the sun and the size of it, | 灿烂阳光下 白皙巨鸟旁 |
[47:21] | it just felt… | 一切都显得… |
[47:25] | meaningful. | 意义非凡 |
[47:29] | The answer to a question I did not yet know how to ask. | 他回答了我一个当时不知道该怎么问的问题 |
[47:34] | I told him | 我跟他说 |
[47:36] | that there were men in the east | 东方有一群人 |
[47:39] | who would have seen in that bird the darkest of all omens, | 他们看到那鸟 会觉得是最坏的预兆 |
[47:44] | bringer of death. | 觉得鸟会带来死亡 |
[47:47] | But then, | 但是 |
[47:49] | there are other men near Clifton– my– my mother’s home– | 在克利夫顿那边的人 也就是我妈住的地方 |
[47:55] | who would’ve called it a sign of great fortune, | 他们认为那鸟是走大运的象征 |
[47:59] | an indication from the heavens | 是天堂的使者 |
[48:01] | that someone up there favored our endeavor together. | 是上苍在回应我们的努力 |
[48:12] | And I asked him what he thought it meant. | 然后我问他是怎么想的 |
[48:25] | “Dinner.” | “是吃的” |
[48:33] | I don’t know what made me think of that story. | 我不知道为什么会想起这事 |
[48:43] | There are moments in the dead of night when I can’t sleep | 有时半夜我睡不着 |
[48:47] | and I wonder if I will ever be able to truly rest again | 心想 在我知道埃莉诺·格斯里为她 |
[48:51] | until I know that Eleanor Guthrie | 对我的所作所为付出代价之前 |
[48:53] | has paid for what she took from me. | 我能心无旁骛地睡上一觉吗 |
[48:57] | And then there are other moments | 还有的时候我在想 |
[48:58] | when I wonder if it would actually please him to see her dead, | 等到她死了 知道事情终于平息了 |
[49:03] | to know the scales had been evened. | 他是否会感到宽慰 |
[49:05] | Or if despite all they had been through, | 亦或是把发生的事情通通抛在脑后 |
[49:08] | despite the anger and the blood and the betrayal | 不去想他和她之间的爱恨情仇 |
[49:11] | and all he’d done to her and she to him, | 以及对对方造成的伤害 |
[49:14] | despite what I or you or what anybody else might think of it, | 抛开你我或是他人的想法 |
[49:17] | if wherever he was, | 如果他还活着 |
[49:19] | he still didn’t just a little bit love her. | 他会不会还很爱她 |
[49:24] | I wonder if he were here now, | 我在想如果他现在站在这 |
[49:26] | watching us battle with the choice to kill her in his name | 看着我们选择去以他的名义杀死她 |
[49:30] | or defeat the governor | 或者打败总督 |
[49:32] | and perhaps therein win the war we all together started, | 再赢下这场我们挑起的战争 |
[49:35] | if he might call us fools. | 他会不会说我们傻 |
[49:40] | And then I wonder if maybe we don’t have to work that hard | 接着我又在想 或许我们不用这么想方设法地 |
[49:43] | to imagine what he’d say. | 去猜他会怎么想 |
[49:47] | Maybe we’ve already heard it, | 或许他早已说出自己的答案了 |
[49:50] | and the only choice is whether we choose to listen. | 关键在于我们是否选择聆听而已 |
[50:04] | Cannon fire from the port! | 港口那边开炮了 |
[50:18] | He’s underway, Captain. | 他已经出发了 船长 |
[50:19] | Using the fort guns for cover. | 利用堡垒的火力作掩护 |
[50:22] | Do we pursue? | 要追击吗 |
[50:32] | Slip the cables. | 收起锚索 |
[50:36] | Set a course to overtake her. | 定一条航线追上他 |
[50:38] | Slip the cable! | 收起锚索 |
[50:39] | Set course to pursue! | 定一条航线追上去 |
[51:21] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[52:51] | Long John Silver. | 朗·约翰·西尔弗 |
[52:55] | So big a name for so small a man. | 你这么卑微的人却有这么响亮的名字 |
[52:59] | What is it you have to say to me? | 你要对我说的是什么 |
[53:03] | You owe me. | 你欠我的 |
[53:06] | Certainly your fortune. | 你的财富 |
[53:07] | Probably your life. | 说不定还有你的性命 |
[53:10] | You might wanna consider that and then choose a new tone, | 也许你会想换一个语气跟我说话 |
[53:14] | especially given that in the very near future | 尤其是想到在不久的将来 |
[53:17] | your life might end up in my hands yet again. | 你的小命可能又要被我玩弄在鼓掌之中了 |
[53:21] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[53:26] | Is Teach still free? | 蒂奇还没被抓起来吗 |
[53:30] | Is Rackham? | 拉克姆呢 |
[53:33] | Is Flint? | 弗林特呢 |
[53:41] | This war may feel over, | 这场战争看上去是结束了 |
[53:44] | but as long as we’re all free, it’s far from it. | 但只要我们还活着 就不可能结束 |
[53:48] | And if somehow we prevail in Nassau, | 只要我们能夺回拿骚 |
[53:51] | what happens to former friends | 我们那些和总督 |
[53:53] | who’ve since aligned themselves so warmly with the governor? | 结盟并亲密的老友们又会面临什么呢 |
[53:58] | I’ve come to offer you a chance | 我来 是给你一次机会 |
[54:01] | to earn back our friendship. | 重新赢取我的友谊 |
[54:04] | Or, more specifically, to buy it back. | 或者更具体而言 用钱买回来 |
[54:07] | An amount of money that proves your desire to come– | 你要给我一笔钱来证明你想… |
[54:09] | No. | 不要 |
[54:13] | No? | 不要 |
[54:16] | I am tired of this. | 我受够了 |
[54:18] | This thing that perpetuates itself | 受够了这种永远充斥着 |
[54:21] | with anger and bluster and blood. | 血与怒的混乱局面 |
[54:26] | I do not want to be your friend. | 我不想当你的朋友 |
[54:28] | What I want is for all of this to end. | 我只想让这一切画上句号 |
[54:32] | For it to end, you must end. | 而想要终结这一切 你必须被终结 |
[54:42] | I imagine I have some obligation | 我本想着自己有责任 |
[54:44] | to surrender you to Captain Berringer, | 把你押送给贝林格船长处置 |
[54:46] | but the spectacle he would make of your trial and execution | 但你若是被审讯以及处决 |
[54:49] | would only fan the flames of what is burning in Nassau now. | 势必会助长正燃烧在拿骚之内的混乱之火 |
[54:54] | I am tempted to put the sword to you and your man both, | 我想过把你和你的帮手给杀了 |
[54:56] | and bury this story for good, | 然后彻底掩埋这一切 |
[54:59] | but what am I | 但如果我 |
[55:01] | if I spend my days pleading for a return to civility | 一心想着文明重归 好让我能 |
[55:04] | and then do dark things under the cover of night? | 在夜幕下干着不为人知的勾当 那我又算什么 |
[55:08] | So, you will remain in my custody | 所以 你们将被我监管 |
[55:10] | until I can find a place far from here to deposit you. | 直到我找到一个足够遥远的地方流放你们 |
[55:14] | You will be gone, | 你们将会彻底消失 |
[55:16] | but you will live. | 却不至于死亡 |
[55:18] | And for that, I will consider whatever debts I may owe you | 直到那时 我才会想要怎么把我欠的东西 |
[55:22] | to be paid in full. | 悉数还给你 |