| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:11] | Dobbs assaulted him, | 道布森袭击了他 | 
| [00:14] | and he believes him responsible | 他以为是他负责 | 
| [00:15] | for choosing the men to be interrogated by them. | 挑选被审问对象的人 | 
| [00:17] | But it’s been sorted. | 但一切都解决妥当了 | 
| [00:18] | I had three men hold him down | 我让三个人把他按住 | 
| [00:20] | while Dooley and Wayne administered a beating. | 杜利和维恩把他打了一顿 | 
| [00:22] | The governor in Nassau | 拿骚的总督 | 
| [00:24] | hanged a pirate in the square. | 在广场上绞死了一个海盗 | 
| [00:25] | The pirate was Charles Vane. | 被他绞死的海盗是查尔斯·韦恩 | 
| [00:28] | What do you want to do about it? | 你打算怎么做 | 
| [00:31] | He knew it was the only way to start it. | 他明白这是唯一的办法 | 
| [00:33] | Start what? | 挑起什么 | 
| [00:35] | The resistance in Nassau is now under way. | 拿骚的反抗马上就要开始了 | 
| [00:38] | – How long before their force arrives? – A week. | -他的军队什么时候到达 -一周 | 
| [00:40] | Then we have much preparation to do and little time to do it. | 我们有很多准备工作要做 而且时间紧迫 | 
| [00:43] | Captain Hornigold will be sailing in consort with you. | 霍尼戈德船长会和你一起驾船出海 | 
| [00:46] | I know this enemy. | 我了解这个敌人 | 
| [00:47] | He took that cache with the express purpose | 他夺走金子的目的很明确 | 
| [00:49] | of compelling us to commit your force | 就是想迫使我们把你的军队 | 
| [00:51] | to a battlefield of his choosing. | 推向一场由他选择的战场 | 
| [00:53] | If you allow him to dictate the terms of battle, | 如果战斗的规则你让他说了算 | 
| [00:55] | you court a disastrous outcome. | 毁灭性的结果就是你自找的 | 
| [02:53] | You sure this is wise? | 你确定这么做明智吗 | 
| [02:58] | At the end of the day, secrets among friends | 不管怎么说 朋友之间出现秘密 | 
| [03:00] | are the source of all good things gone wrong. | 是一切混乱的开始 | 
| [03:04] | Is that what we are now? | 我们如今是这种关系了吗 | 
| [03:07] | Friends? | 朋友 | 
| [03:10] | He wasn’t talking about you. | 他说的不是你 | 
| [03:12] | He’s talking about our hostess, the queen. | 他说的是我们的女主人 那名女王 | 
| [03:16] | That said, you’re wrong. He’s right. | 话说回来 你就错了 他说得对 | 
| [03:21] | The safest place for this isn’t behind walls | 放这东西最安全的地方不是围墙之后 | 
| [03:23] | or guarded with guns. | 或者重兵防守 | 
| [03:25] | The safest place lives outside the realm of anyone’s awareness. | 最安全的地方是不被任何人知道的地方 | 
| [03:28] | If the English can’t find it, they can’t take it. | 如果英国人找不到 自然拿不走 | 
| [03:31] | I told them we were taking it, just not where. | 我只说了我们会带走它 但没说哪里 | 
| [03:34] | She agreed it was best for all | 她同意最好不要让 | 
| [03:35] | for its whereabouts to remain unknown, | 任何人知道它的所在 | 
| [03:39] | provided that you were among the circle that knew of it. | 但前提是一定要让你知情 | 
| [03:45] | You they trust above any of us | 他们最相信的人是你 | 
| [03:48] | not to betray for money. | 觉得你不会为了钱财出卖他们 | 
| [03:54] | The irony wasn’t lost on either of us. | 我们都明白这其中的讽刺 | 
| [03:59] | Well, now that you’ve been fetched, | 好吧 既然你来了 | 
| [04:01] | much to do. | 我们要做的有很多 | 
| [04:03] | A war to plan for. | 还有场战争等我们策划 | 
| [04:09] | I’ve heard you use that word a thousand times. | 这个词我听你用了无数次了 | 
| [04:13] | A war against England, | 对英国的战争 | 
| [04:16] | now a war to reclaim Nassau. | 如今收复拿骚之战 | 
| [04:20] | But hearing him use it just now, | 但刚刚听他这么说 | 
| [04:22] | so near the actual arrival of it, | 如今迫在眉睫 | 
| [04:26] | it sounds different. | 听起来有些不同 | 
| [04:30] | It feels different. | 感觉也不同 | 
| [04:35] | Not far from here, the fortifications are already built | 就在这不远处 防御工事已经建好 | 
| [04:41] | from which in a few days’ time | 几天之后 | 
| [04:43] | you’ll look out and stare down King George’s navy. | 向外望去你就能看见乔治国王的海军 | 
| [04:57] | Are you having second thoughts? | 你犹豫了吗 | 
| [05:00] | Aren’t you? | 你呢 | 
| [05:03] | All of the blood that’s about to be spilt, | 想想即将抛洒的热血 | 
| [05:05] | all the things about to be lost– aren’t you? | 即将逝去的一切 你犹豫了吗 | 
| [05:10] | Well, I wish it wasn’t necessary, | 我也希望无需如此 | 
| [05:11] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是想问这个的话 | 
| [05:16] | When we were becalmed, | 当我们被困在无风带时 | 
| [05:18] | I told Billy I believed your darkest thoughts | 我跟比利说我相信你的黑暗意识 | 
| [05:21] | somehow had the ability | 不知为何总有能力 | 
| [05:23] | to manifest themselves upon our reality. | 能变成我们的现实 | 
| [05:27] | That your anger over the murder of Mrs. Barlow | 你对巴洛太太之死的愤怒 | 
| [05:31] | became the storm into which we all battled. | 成为了我们对抗的风暴 | 
| [05:35] | That your despair over her death | 你对她死去的绝望 | 
| [05:37] | became the doldrums into which we all sank. | 成为了吞噬我们的无风带 | 
| [05:43] | In my defense, I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink in a while. | 虽然说当时我已经好几天没有吃喝了 | 
| [05:48] | But the truth of it, | 但话说回来 | 
| [05:50] | I’m not sure it was that far off. | 我想我说的也没错 | 
| [05:55] | Your demons are a part of our reality. | 你内心的恶魔成为了我们的现实 | 
| [06:01] | Such is the nature of the influence you wield. | 这就是你拥有的影响力 | 
| [06:05] | Some of those demons I’ve come to know… | 我熟悉其中一些恶魔… | 
| [06:09] | but the one in whose name this war is to be fought… | 但发起这场战争的恶魔之名 | 
| [06:14] | it is still a stranger to me. | 对我来说仍然陌生 | 
| [06:19] | Before this war actually begins, | 在这场战争真正开始前 | 
| [06:23] | I’m asking where it actually began. | 如果我问你发动战争是为何故 | 
| [06:28] | Will you tell me? | 你会告诉我吗 | 
| [07:22] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 | 
| [07:23] | They are not fucking around, are they? | 他们还真不是胡闹 | 
| [07:26] | We’re supposed to sail into that? | 我们要开到那边去吗 | 
| [07:29] | One ship against their entire fleet? | 一艘船对抗整个舰队 | 
| [07:32] | A favorable wind. | 风向正佳 | 
| [07:33] | We’ll be upon them quickly. | 我们迅速接近他们 | 
| [07:35] | We’ll take fire, obviously. | 显然 会遭到攻击 | 
| [07:37] | If we can just get our vanguard aboard one of their ships, | 但只要能让先锋上了他们的一艘船 | 
| [07:39] | we could disrupt their entire line. | 就能瓦解他们整个阵线 | 
| [07:41] | Do not look at me like that. | 别那样看着我 | 
| [07:43] | This is the plan. | 计划就是这样 | 
| [07:45] | Harass their line. | 扰乱他们的阵线 | 
| [07:45] | We create uncertainty in the minds of their soldiers on the ground | 扰乱他们岸上士兵的心理 | 
| [07:50] | and undermine their confidence in their command. | 破坏他们对指挥官的信心 | 
| [07:52] | Yeah, and I know how they’ll feel. | 是啊 我可猜得到结果 | 
| [07:56] | Sails! East-southeast! | 东南偏东方向有船只 | 
| [07:59] | East? | 东吗 | 
| [08:07] | Six ships. British colors. | 六艘船 英国人的涂装 | 
| [08:10] | Who the fuck is that? | 是谁 | 
| [08:12] | Reinforcements, likely. | 像是增援部队 | 
| [08:14] | It seems Governor Rogers was able to enlist | 似乎罗杰斯总督争取到了 | 
| [08:16] | the aid of one of his colleagues. | 某位同僚的援助 | 
| [08:18] | I’ll put a launch in the water now. | 我派艘小艇下水 | 
| [08:19] | What for? | 干什么 | 
| [08:21] | To inform Captain Flint so he can make his retreat. | 通知弗林特船长 让他撤退 | 
| [08:25] | There could be hundreds of soldiers aboard those ships. | 那些船上可能有几百个士兵 | 
| [08:28] | The captain’s battle plan | 船长的作战计划 | 
| [08:28] | does not take into account a force that large. | 没考虑过面对这么多兵力 | 
| [08:31] | Captain Flint’s battle plan | 弗林特船长的作战计划 | 
| [08:32] | does not take into account his retreat. | 没考虑过撤退 | 
| [08:34] | There is nowhere to retreat to. | 没有地方可以撤退 | 
| [08:36] | And given how much we have sacrificed to earn this battle, | 而且我们牺牲了那么多 才打上这场战争 | 
| [08:38] | how can we do anything other than see it through? | 怎么能不坚持到底 | 
| [08:41] | My friend may have given his life to earn this battle. | 我朋友或许献出生命才换来了它 | 
| [08:44] | I understand the obligation you are feeling to succeed, | 你觉得有义务成功 我理解 | 
| [08:49] | but there comes a certain point | 但总有个时候 | 
| [08:50] | where one must accept what is painfully obvious. | 人必须接受痛苦的事实 | 
| [08:52] | – How many ships? – What? | -多少艘船 -什么 | 
| [08:54] | The second fleet– how many ships? | 第二支舰队 有多少船 | 
| [08:56] | Six sets of sails! | 六艘船 | 
| [08:58] | Describe them, please. | 说下都是什么 | 
| [08:59] | What difference does it make? | 有什么区别 | 
| [09:00] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 | 
| [09:01] | The flotilla– describe them. | 舰队里都是什么 | 
| [09:04] | Three tall ships! | 三艘高桅横帆船 | 
| [09:07] | Two sloop! | 两艘单桅纵帆船 | 
| [09:09] | – One man of war. – And one man of war. | -一艘军舰 -还有一艘军舰 | 
| [09:14] | Make a course for that second flotilla, please. | 调整方向 去第二支舰队那里 | 
| [09:17] | You’re going to attack them? | 你想攻击他们吗 | 
| [09:19] | Time is short, please. | 时间紧张 快 | 
| [09:20] | Get us under way. | 开过去 | 
| [09:24] | Get us under way! | 开过去 | 
| [10:19] | Right flank, kneel! | 右翼蹲下 | 
| [10:29] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [10:45] | Reload! | 填弹 | 
| [10:50] | Bring the mortars forward! | 把迫击炮扛过来 | 
| [10:52] | Mortars. Mortars! | 迫击炮 有迫击炮 | 
| [10:55] | Concentrate on the mortars! | 瞄准迫击炮 | 
| [11:07] | Reload! | 填弹 | 
| [11:09] | Three paces forward! | 向前三步走 | 
| [11:11] | Present! | 举枪 | 
| [11:12] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [11:19] | Company, form into two ranks! | 全体都有 排成两列 | 
| [11:22] | Now! | 就是现在 | 
| [11:29] | Second cannons! | 第二架上 | 
| [11:30] | Take cover! | 找掩护 | 
| [11:37] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [11:40] | Mortars in position! | 迫击炮就位 | 
| [11:43] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [11:47] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [11:52] | Captain, it’s time! | 船长 是时候了 | 
| [11:53] | – Not yet. – Fire! | -还不行 -开火 | 
| [11:55] | Two inches! Two inches! | 两英寸 再偏两英寸 | 
| [11:59] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [12:08] | Captain, we need to fall back. | 船长 我们得往后撤 | 
| [12:11] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [12:18] | Smoke! | 烟幕弹 | 
| [12:19] | – Smoke! – Smoke! | -烟幕弹 -烟幕弹 | 
| [12:24] | Form into two ranks! | 排成两行 | 
| [12:27] | Formation forward! | 列队行进 | 
| [12:29] | – Fall back! – Fall back! | -撤退 -撤退 | 
| [12:32] | – Retreat! – Fall back! | -撤退 -撤退 | 
| [12:37] | Hold your fire! | 停止射击 | 
| [12:38] | – Hold your fire! – First company, prepare to move out! | -停止射击 -第一阵队 准备出发 | 
| [12:42] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我可不会那么做 | 
| [12:44] | Beg your pardon? | 你说什么 | 
| [12:47] | Stand easy! | 稍息 | 
| [12:53] | He asked for this fight, Major. | 这场战斗是他发起的 上校 | 
| [12:55] | He didn’t do so without a plan. | 没有计划他是不会这样做的 | 
| [12:57] | And I promise you, | 而且我向你保证 | 
| [12:58] | bumbling into a hasty retreat wasn’t a part of it. | 装模作样仓促而逃不在计划之中 | 
| [13:01] | Bumbling? | 装模作样 | 
| [13:02] | They were overwhelmed by a superior force. | 他们被一支强大的军队所击溃 | 
| [13:04] | He wants us to pursue him. He wants you to pursue him. | 他想让我们去追击他 他想让你去追击他 | 
| [13:08] | A tactical withdrawal to guide us into an ambush. | 一个诱我方入瓮的战术性撤退 | 
| [13:11] | Am I to believe he sacrificed over 50 of his men, | 要知道刚才这一仗他牺牲了50多人 | 
| [13:15] | led them into a massacre deliberately, | 故意让他们当炮灰 | 
| [13:17] | just to entice us to chase him? | 就为了诱使我们去追他吗 | 
| [13:21] | You don’t know that man, Major, but I do. | 你不了解那个人 上校 但我了解 | 
| [13:25] | He’s quite capable of what you suggest and more. | 他比你想的更有谋略 | 
| [13:40] | …reflected there. | …体现在这里 | 
| [13:45] | Is everything all right? | 出什么事了吗 | 
| [13:47] | Show her what you showed to me. | 把那东西给她看看 | 
| [14:01] | “To the first to betray, | “第一位背叛者 | 
| [14:03] | I offer the first chance to repent. | 我给你第一个忏悔的机会 | 
| [14:06] | Remove the captain. You have until nightfall.” | 在傍晚之前 把船长的遗体移走” | 
| [14:09] | Where did you get this? | 这东西从哪来的 | 
| [14:11] | It was sitting at the foot of my bed when I woke this morning. | 我今天早上醒来在我床下发现的 | 
| [14:13] | Someone left it while I slept. | 有人趁我睡觉的时候放的 | 
| [14:15] | The message, it would seem, is clear. | 这个信息似乎很明确 | 
| [14:18] | There is a voice out there yet to identify itself | 仍然有人敢站出来 | 
| [14:20] | that wants to see Captain Vane’s remains | 要让韦恩船长的尸体 | 
| [14:22] | removed from the gibbet in the square. | 从广场的绞刑架上移走 | 
| [14:24] | Why does it look like this? | 纸条为什么是这个样子 | 
| [14:27] | An old wives’ tale. Pirate lore. | 愚蠢的迷信 海盗的传说而已 | 
| [14:31] | Avery’s maiden crew | 据说艾弗里的新船员 | 
| [14:32] | was said to deliver the black spot | 把这个黑点信送给 | 
| [14:33] | as a warning to wayward crew members. | 不守规矩的船员们作为警示 | 
| [14:36] | Ignored on pain of death. | 无视它的下场就是死亡 | 
| [14:38] | I knew men when I was young who sailed with Avery. | 我年轻的时候认识跟艾弗里干事的人 | 
| [14:41] | It was a bullshit story then, | 当时这个故事就是胡扯的 | 
| [14:42] | and it’s no less a bullshit story now. | 现在更是无稽之谈 | 
| [14:45] | Ma’am, cowards send notes. | 女士 懦夫才传纸条 | 
| [14:49] | The form of the threat may not rightly be the issue. | 威胁采取什么形式可能并不是问题 | 
| [14:52] | We are aware there is dissent on the street. | 我们清楚外面有人心存异议 | 
| [14:54] | Perhaps removing the gibbet | 也许撤掉绞刑架 | 
| [14:56] | would go a long way towards settling | 对任何可能正在谋划的动荡 | 
| [14:57] | whatever unrest may be brewing. | 都大有帮助 | 
| [14:59] | You’re suggesting that the governor comply | 你建议总督应该遵从 | 
| [15:01] | with an anonymous threat? | 匿名的威胁吗 | 
| [15:03] | I am suggesting the gibbet could be seen by some | 我是建议绞刑架会被某些人 | 
| [15:05] | to be inflammatory. | 视为煽动因子 | 
| [15:07] | The point has been made. | 我们已经表达了立场 | 
| [15:09] | The law has been satisfied. | 法律也已得到执行 | 
| [15:10] | It is a well-settled statement of resolve | 那是维持执法局面 | 
| [15:12] | to maintain the display. | 妥善解决事端的声明 | 
| [15:14] | If it is removed in the light of this threat, | 如果就因为这个威胁 | 
| [15:16] | in the light of Captain Flint’s standing ultimatum | 因为弗林特船长反对这种做法的仍然有效的 | 
| [15:18] | against the use of it, | 最后通牒而被移走 | 
| [15:19] | would it not worry you that it might appear weak? | 你难道就不担心这会显示出软弱无能吗 | 
| [15:22] | It certainly worries me to make self-defeating mistakes | 我当然担心出于害怕显示软弱 | 
| [15:25] | out of fear of appearing weak. | 而犯下自掘坟墓的错误 | 
| [15:27] | No, he’s right. | 不 他说得对 | 
| [15:30] | He’s right. | 他说得对 | 
| [15:34] | It gives me no pleasure having it there, | 绞刑架立在那儿并没让我觉得多好受 | 
| [15:36] | no matter what the street may say. | 不管人们怎么议论 | 
| [15:39] | But to remove it in this moment | 但在这个时候撤掉 | 
| [15:40] | threatens to undermine confidence | 会威胁到人们对总督 | 
| [15:41] | in the governor’s leadership. | 领导力的信心 | 
| [15:44] | That said, at the end of three days’ time, | 也就是说 三天后 | 
| [15:47] | I want it down and gone, not a minute longer. | 我希望能撤走绞刑架 一刻不多留 | 
| [15:51] | If you would like me to form a small detail | 与此同时如果你想让我 | 
| [15:53] | to offer you protection in the meantime– | 加派人手 | 
| [15:55] | If anyone has a problem with my allegiance to the Crown, | 如果任何人质疑我对国王的忠诚 | 
| [16:00] | my men and I are happy to address it with them. | 我和我的手下将乐于向其证明 | 
| [16:03] | Ma’am? | 女士 | 
| [16:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪 | 
| [16:26] | You should be in bed. | 你应该呆在床上 | 
| [16:29] | I’ve spent enough time in bed. | 我在床上呆得够久了 | 
| [16:54] | I did what I did. | 我做了我该做的 | 
| [16:57] | I know how it seems, | 我知道这决定 | 
| [16:58] | to the street, to you, | 对人民和你而言的意义 | 
| [16:59] | but please understand– | 但请你理解… | 
| [17:00] | It seems… | 看起来 | 
| [17:04] | as though a very difficult thing was done. | 它似乎是个艰难的抉择 | 
| [17:10] | It seems as though I am fortunate | 而我很幸运 | 
| [17:12] | you had the courage to do it. | 你有这么做的勇气 | 
| [17:18] | You have enemies here. | 你在这有敌人 | 
| [17:26] | Then let them be my enemies as well. | 就让他们也成为我的敌人吧 | 
| [17:33] | Any and all of them. | 他们所有人 | 
| [17:37] | And let them come. | 让他们放马过来 | 
| [18:25] | As you were. | 别乱动 | 
| [18:38] | Six ships– two sloops, man of war– | 六艘船 两艘单桅纵帆船 一艘战舰 | 
| [18:41] | it’s a familiar combination. | 熟悉的组合 | 
| [18:42] | I once had a fleet of that makeup. | 我曾经也有这么一支舰队 | 
| [18:55] | I came looking for Flint, not you. | 我是来找弗林特的 不是来找你 | 
| [18:57] | Where is he? | 他在哪 | 
| [18:59] | He’s currently being pummeled | 此刻他正在被半数英国海军狂揍中 | 
| [19:00] | by half the British navy just beyond the horizon. | 就在地平线之外 | 
| [19:03] | The navy? | 海军 | 
| [19:05] | The war to reclaim Nassau began here about an hour ago. | 收复拿骚之战大概一小时前开始了 | 
| [19:08] | The entirety of the British fleet | 正在指挥整支英国舰队作战的 | 
| [19:10] | under the command of Governor Rogers is in play. | 是罗杰斯总督 | 
| [19:13] | I’d like to think that you’re here to join our effort, | 我愿意认为你是来帮我们的 | 
| [19:17] | but I fear the reason for your arrival | 但恐怕这不是 | 
| [19:18] | is something other than that. | 你来这里的原因 | 
| [19:21] | Charles is dead. | 查尔斯死了 | 
| [19:29] | The governor in Nassau hung him in the square. | 拿骚总督把他吊死在了广场 | 
| [19:36] | On the island I helped to build, | 在我帮助建设的岛上 | 
| [19:38] | he thought he could do that, face no consequences. | 他以为他能这么做而不用付出代价 | 
| [19:42] | He failed to account for me. | 他没有料到还有我 | 
| [19:48] | British law sentenced him, | 英国法律判决了他 | 
| [19:50] | but I think you and I both know who it was | 但我觉得我们都知道 | 
| [19:52] | that fashioned that noose, | 谁才是把绳索套在他头上的人 | 
| [19:54] | and it was no “he”. | 这个人不是”他” | 
| [19:56] | I look forward to seeing Miss Guthrie again | 我期待再次见到格斯里小姐 | 
| [19:58] | and settling Charles’ account with her. | 跟她好好算查尔斯的帐 | 
| [20:02] | But there is no victory over her | 但是如果今天不能在这里取胜 | 
| [20:04] | without a victory here today. | 也就无所谓对她的胜利 | 
| [20:07] | That much is clear. | 这点很清楚 | 
| [20:11] | Will you help us find it? | 你会帮我们吗 | 
| [20:17] | Madness is such a hard thing to define, | 疯狂是一个难以定义的东西 | 
| [20:20] | which makes it such an easy label | 这使它很容易被用来 | 
| [20:23] | to affix to one’s enemies. | 标签一个人的敌人 | 
| [20:28] | Once it had been applied to Thomas, | 当它被用在托马斯身上 | 
| [20:32] | once our relationship had been exposed, | 当我们的关系被曝光时 | 
| [20:37] | defiled, scandalized… | 污蔑 诽谤 | 
| [20:42] | everything ended. | 一切都完了 | 
| [20:48] | There were times that I was persuaded | 我屈服过几次 | 
| [20:51] | to sue for peace since then, | 想以求从此平静 | 
| [20:53] | but that was the day | 可就在那时 | 
| [20:56] | that on some level I knew… | 我在某种程度上明白… | 
| [21:00] | that England was broken… | 英国已经烂掉了… | 
| [21:04] | and that sooner or later a good man must resist it. | 迟早会有正义之士站出来抵抗 | 
| [21:13] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 | 
| [21:14] | You don’t need to say anything. | 你不需要说什么 | 
| [21:18] | You asked me where it began, | 你问我这一切是为何故 | 
| [21:19] | and I felt that you were entitled to an answer– | 而我觉得你有资格得到答案… | 
| [21:24] | to the truth. | 知道真相 | 
| [21:26] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 | 
| [21:30] | And I am genuinely sorry. | 我也真诚地表示遗憾 | 
| [21:36] | But you can see how this might be of particular | 但你能发现我为什么 | 
| [21:39] | and immediate concern for me. | 会对此有显而易见的担心 | 
| [21:42] | I can? | 我能吗 | 
| [21:44] | Well, before today I knew of two people | 今天之前我知道有两个人 | 
| [21:47] | who managed to truly know you, | 做到了真正了解你 | 
| [21:51] | to gain your trust, to be your partner, | 赢得你的信任 当你的搭档 | 
| [21:54] | and they both ended up dead while playing the role. | 他们都在扮演这个角色时死了 | 
| [21:57] | – Now, wait a minute– – Now you’re telling me | -等等 -现在你告诉我 | 
| [21:58] | there’s a third member of this class, | 还有第三个这样的人 | 
| [22:00] | making it even less credible to characterize Mr. Gates’ | 使盖茨先生和巴洛太太的死 | 
| [22:03] | and Mrs. Barlow’s deaths as bad luck. | 更难被定义为单纯的厄运 | 
| [22:07] | It would seem that those closest to you meet their end | 看起来那些与你最亲近的人 | 
| [22:09] | not just during the relationship, | 并不是在与你亲近的过程中死去 | 
| [22:13] | but because of it. | 而是因为与你亲近才死 | 
| [22:16] | And as I sit here, I’m acutely aware | 我坐在这 不禁猛然意识到 | 
| [22:18] | there may be no one closer to you | 此时此刻除了我 | 
| [22:20] | in the world right now than I. | 没人跟你最亲近了吧 | 
| [22:22] | What exactly are you saying? | 你到底想说什么 | 
| [22:25] | That I’ve somehow sought out my own tragedies? | 我所经历的悲剧都是自己引火上身吗 | 
| [22:27] | Did you not tell me that our darkest motives | 你不是曾和我说过 我们最黑暗的渴望 | 
| [22:30] | will conceal themselves from us? | 会隐于无形 | 
| [22:32] | Cloak themselves in whatever they must | 为了迫使我们有所行动 | 
| [22:33] | in order to move us to action? | 它们会披上任何外衣 | 
| [22:36] | And even if that’s not true, | 哪怕这话不是真的 | 
| [22:38] | a pattern is a pattern, | 这个模式也是真的 | 
| [22:40] | and only a fool ignores one | 只有愚人会无视它 | 
| [22:42] | because he does not care for the implications. | 因为愚人不在乎可能导致的结果 | 
| [22:45] | So you see yourself as a potential fourth member of this class, | 那么你把自己当成第四个潜在人选 | 
| [22:49] | concerned that your association with me will lead to your end. | 担心与我的结识会导致你的末日 | 
| [22:53] | My association with you began out of necessity, | 和你的结识源自我求生的本能 | 
| [22:57] | but I’ve come to find | 但如今我发觉 | 
| [23:00] | a great deal of respect for you. | 自己对你怀有很大的敬意 | 
| [23:03] | Perhaps even friendship. | 也许甚至可以称之为友情 | 
| [23:10] | Which is why I find myself unnerved by the thought | 这正是我感到焦躁的原因 | 
| [23:15] | that when this pattern applies itself to you and I… | 当这个模式再次在你我身上应验… | 
| [23:22] | that I will be the end of you. | 我将会成为你的末日 | 
| [23:24] | Is that so? | 是吗 | 
| [23:26] | Now, three who preceded me all had one thing in common. | 我的那三位前辈都有一个共同点 | 
| [23:30] | They were vulnerable to you. | 他们在你面前都显得十分脆弱 | 
| [23:33] | Had more to lose than you, | 和你相比 他们更计较得失 | 
| [23:34] | less means with which to protect themselves than you. | 却不及你有那么多自保手段 | 
| [23:39] | Till recently, I thought that was me as well, | 直到最近 我都认为我也是这样 | 
| [23:41] | but now… | 但如今… | 
| [23:46] | I don’t know that it is anymore. | 我不知道是否还是这样 | 
| [23:48] | It is natural for men new to power | 新掌权的人总是很自然地以为 | 
| [23:51] | to assume that it has no limits. | 他们的权力是无限的 | 
| [23:54] | Trust me. It does. | 相信我 它是有限的 | 
| [24:00] | We agreed that I would select a man | 我们之前商量好我会选一个人出来 | 
| [24:02] | to be responsible for making a direct move | 负责在战斗开始后 | 
| [24:04] | against Captain Hornigold once the battle begins. | 对霍尼戈德船长进行针对性攻击 | 
| [24:08] | I chose Mr. Dobbs. | 我选了道布森先生 | 
| [24:10] | You chose Dobbs? | 你选了道布森 | 
| [24:13] | Why the fuck would you do that? | 你他妈选他干什么 | 
| [24:15] | It’s a dangerous errand — | 这是个危险的差事 | 
| [24:17] | It’s more than dangerous. | 岂止是危险 | 
| [24:19] | The entirety of our plan rests on its success. | 我们整个计划成功与否就取决于此 | 
| [24:22] | Why would you assign it to a man | 你为什么要指派一个 | 
| [24:24] | harboring who knows what sort of resentment against you? | 天知道对你怀着何种怨恨的家伙 | 
| [24:26] | Because it isn’t resentment. | 因为那不是怨恨 | 
| [24:28] | If you had disciplined him, | 如果是你惩戒了他 | 
| [24:30] | he would resent you for it, | 他会因此怨恨你 | 
| [24:31] | but towards me — | 但对于我 | 
| [24:33] | I don’t believe he feels resentment. | 我不认为他感到怨恨 | 
| [24:37] | I believe he feels shame for having disappointed me | 我认为他感到羞耻 因为他令我失望了 | 
| [24:43] | and a great need to redeem himself in my eyes. | 他怀有的是挽回他在我眼中形象的迫切需求 | 
| [24:47] | Send someone else. | 派别的人去 | 
| [24:48] | It’s done. | 已经定了 | 
| [24:50] | He knows. | 他已经知道了 | 
| [24:52] | Were I to replace him now, | 如果我现在再换人 | 
| [24:53] | it might provoke the response you wish to avoid. | 可能会引起大家的疑心 | 
| [24:57] | If you’re wrong, | 如果你错了 | 
| [24:58] | if Mr. Dobbs takes this opportunity to betray you… | 如果道布森先生利用这个机会来背叛你… | 
| [25:03] | to betray us… | 背叛我们… | 
| [25:11] | this battle will be over before it ever began. | 那这场战争还没开始就会结束 | 
| [25:19] | Flint sent you to kill me, yet instead, you surrendered. | 弗林特派你来杀我 你却投降了 | 
| [25:23] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [25:26] | Sailed with that crew for months. | 我跟着那伙人航海好几个月 | 
| [25:30] | Then they take the side of those fucking savages | 他们却站在那些野人那边 | 
| [25:32] | over a man who was supposed to have been their brother. | 而不支持我这个与他们出生入死的人 | 
| [25:36] | Truth is, they didn’t give a shit about me | 事实就是 我除了服从命令外 | 
| [25:38] | except that I did their bidding, | 对他们来说屁都不是 | 
| [25:39] | so now I’m ready to see it end, | 所以我准备眼看着他们玩完 | 
| [25:43] | and I can help you end it. | 而我可以帮你结束这一切 | 
| [25:45] | Says he knows where the slave camp is located. | 他说他知道奴隶营的位置 | 
| [25:49] | Says the cache with gems is hidden nearby. | 而且金子就藏在附近 | 
| [26:03] | Mr. Carter, please bring me that man there. | 卡特先生 请把那个人带过来 | 
| [26:22] | Unfortunately, I’ve known too many men from Nassau in my life, | 不幸的是 我这辈子认识了太多的拿骚人 | 
| [26:26] | and it’s so very hard to know which can be taken at their word. | 所以我知道不能轻信他们的话 | 
| [26:35] | Show me that you truly intend to leave Captain Flint | 让我看到你要抛弃弗林特船长 | 
| [26:38] | and your life with him behind you. | 以及你们之间种种过往的决心 | 
| [26:42] | Oh, that man will meet the same end | 不管是你开枪打死他还是让人绞死他 | 
| [26:43] | whether you shoot him or some other man hangs him, | 他的结局都是一样的 | 
| [26:48] | but I’d like to be quite certain | 可我要完全确定 | 
| [26:49] | your intentions are true. | 你的意图是真的 | 
| [27:08] | Major, prepare your men. | 上校 让你的手下准备好 | 
| [27:11] | Sir. | 是 | 
| [27:15] | Lieutenant, prepare the men. | 上尉 整顿行军 | 
| [27:16] | Make sure they have plenty of supplies, water, and ammunition. | 确保大家带够了供给 水 和弹药 | 
| [27:20] | We’re heading into the forest. | 我们要向森林进攻 | 
| [28:03] | He was hiding by the water. | 他躲在水边 | 
| [28:08] | Otherwise, everyone is accounted for and where they belong. | 而其他人都已经查明并就位 | 
| [28:12] | All but you. | 除了你 | 
| [28:14] | You do not feel you are where you belong. | 你觉得你不能待在这里 | 
| [28:19] | The men above would fight to protect us. | 上面的人会为了我们的安危而战 | 
| [28:23] | I should be among them. | 我应该加入他们 | 
| [28:26] | If we are to lead them into this war, | 如果我们要带他们打这场战役 | 
| [28:28] | we ought to show that we are willing to lead them through it. | 我们应该告诉他们我们愿意做出表率 | 
| [28:47] | You have protected me for so very long. | 你已经保护我太久了 | 
| [28:51] | It is time I did the same for you. | 是时候让我来保护你了 | 
| [29:22] | Did he get it? | 他拿到了吗 | 
| [29:24] | Your black spot was delivered, yeah. | 你的黑点信已经送到了他手中 | 
| [29:29] | – But? – I saw him. | -然后呢 -我看到他了 | 
| [29:30] | He was in the tavern drinking with his men. | 他在酒馆跟手下一起喝酒 | 
| [29:32] | They were in high spirits. | 他们激情高涨 | 
| [29:34] | And the gibbet remains? | 绞刑架还在吗 | 
| [29:36] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [29:39] | I think it’s gonna take more than a note to frighten him. | 我认为一张纸条不足以吓到他 | 
| [29:41] | Of course it is. | 当然不够 | 
| [29:45] | It was Mr. Gates who first told me about the spot. | 是盖茨先生最先告诉我黑点信的传说 | 
| [29:48] | It kept him awake for three nights. | 这让他有三个晚上保持清醒 | 
| [29:51] | It wasn’t the note or the threat. | 跟纸条或者威胁无关 | 
| [29:56] | It was the idea of Avery himself, | 这是艾弗里自己的主意 | 
| [29:59] | just the awareness that someone so terrible | 让你意识到有个如此恶劣的人 | 
| [30:02] | knew your name. | 在盯着你 | 
| [30:05] | I have no doubt that Captain Throckmorton is | 毫无疑问 罗克莫顿船长 | 
| [30:08] | incurrently unconcerned with our threat. | 不会对我们的威胁有所畏惧 | 
| [30:11] | We have only just begun to tell our story. | 我们做的只是让他们知道这么个传说 | 
| [30:15] | We haven’t yet introduced the villain. | 恶人还没登场 | 
| [30:20] | It’s been a few days since I told you | 几天以前我向你表达了 | 
| [30:22] | of my suspicions about Idelle, | 我对伊黛尔的怀疑 | 
| [30:24] | her role in the attack on the governor’s caravan. | 她在总督车队遭袭事件中的角色 | 
| [30:28] | One can only assume she did not act alone, | 只能假设她不是单独行动 | 
| [30:30] | but had partners in this endeavor. | 相反她在这场行动中有同伙 | 
| [30:33] | You did not report this news to the governor | 你没把这个消息上报给总督 | 
| [30:36] | nor to Miss Guthrie. | 和格斯里小姐 | 
| [30:37] | Nor did you take any action | 也没有采取任何措施 | 
| [30:38] | to discover who the partners might be. | 去找出这个同伙 | 
| [30:41] | Until I know how this game will unfold, | 在我确定这场游戏将怎样上演之前 | 
| [30:43] | I choose to allow the players to reveal themselves to me | 我决定让玩家们自我暴露 | 
| [30:47] | lest I make an enemy out of someone | 我尽量不与人为敌 | 
| [30:48] | I may one day wish to call a friend. | 说不定哪天还能做朋友 | 
| [30:59] | This way. | 走这边 | 
| [31:04] | Is it possible one of the governor’s | 会不会是有人回应了 | 
| [31:05] | calls for assistance was heard? | 总督发出的求救信号 | 
| [31:09] | Reinforcements from a sister colony? | 从兄弟殖民地调援军 | 
| [31:20] | Flint gave you command of his ship. | 弗林特把船队指挥权给了你 | 
| [31:23] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [31:26] | You can count the things that Flint and I agree upon on one hand. | 你知道弗林特和我经常意见相左 | 
| [31:31] | But among them is the sincere confusion | 然而我真正闹不准的是 | 
| [31:35] | as to why Charles invested any time and energy in you. | 为什么查尔斯对你投资时间和精力 | 
| [31:39] | I suppose Flint’s come to see that there might be | 我猜弗林特终于慢慢发现 | 
| [31:41] | some capacity in you after all. | 你确实有两把刷子 | 
| [31:46] | And? | 然后呢 | 
| [31:50] | And what? | 然后什么 | 
| [31:52] | “And” as in it sounded | 之所以说”然后” | 
| [31:53] | as if there was more to that thought. | 是觉得你还有其他想法 | 
| [32:00] | That you might see yourself agreeing with him again… | 是说你可能会再次和他想法一致… | 
| [32:05] | about my capacity. | 关于我能否胜任 | 
| [32:08] | There wasn’t any more to that thought, was there? | 没有其他想法 难道有吗 | 
| [32:10] | Signal! | 有情况 | 
| [32:22] | They’re showing her fleet identification, | 他们在打舰队鉴定的信号 | 
| [32:24] | asking us to verify who we are. | 让我们表明自己身份 | 
| [32:26] | Get my log from below. | 去下面拿我的日志来 | 
| [32:29] | You have the proper codes to respond? | 你知道该打什么旗语吗 | 
| [32:33] | I do. | 我知道 | 
| [32:36] | Don’t. | 别回复 | 
| [32:38] | Raise the black instead. | 反而把黑旗升起来 | 
| [32:42] | Raise the black? | 升黑旗 | 
| [32:43] | He believes we are beneath him, | 他深信我们处于劣势 | 
| [32:46] | tactically incompetent. | 疏谋少略 | 
| [32:48] | Why give him any reason to doubt it? | 为什么要让他起疑呢 | 
| [32:54] | To be underestimated is an incredible gift. | 被对手低估是一份不可思议的大礼 | 
| [33:08] | Signal the line. Divide the gun crews | 通知舰队 炮手分散 | 
| [33:10] | and prepare the larboard batteries. | 左舷炮台预备 | 
| [33:11] | Sir. | 是 | 
| [33:12] | Prepare the larboard batteries! | 左舷炮台预备 | 
| [33:14] | Prepare the larboard batteries! | 左舷炮台预备 | 
| [33:47] | And did she fight it? | 她反对了吗 | 
| [33:51] | Your mother. | 你母亲 | 
| [33:53] | Did she resist your being here? | 她反对你来这儿了吗 | 
| [33:57] | I believe she wanted to. | 我相信她想反对 | 
| [34:00] | I believe every part of her being was calling out for it. | 我相信她内心在拼命呐喊着反对 | 
| [34:05] | Then why didn’t she? | 那她怎么没说 | 
| [34:09] | She has spent so many years protecting our people, | 她花了这么多年保护我们的族人 | 
| [34:12] | protecting me. | 保护我 | 
| [34:15] | To put it all in danger now… | 现在却把我们都置于危难之中… | 
| [34:17] | it is a necessary sacrifice | 如果要打赢这场战争 | 
| [34:19] | if this war is to be won. | 这是必要的牺牲 | 
| [34:23] | But it violates everything she understands herself to be. | 但是这违背了她自己的原则 | 
| [34:30] | She let me go because she knows | 她让我来是因为她知道 | 
| [34:32] | that if we survive this battle today, | 如果我们在今天的战役中存活下来 | 
| [34:35] | she will likely need to step aside | 她很可能要让位 | 
| [34:38] | and make room for someone better suited to do what must be done. | 给更合适的人空间 来做必须要做的事 | 
| [34:43] | It’s a hard thing | 这对她来说也很艰难 | 
| [34:45] | to look your successor in the eye | 看着后代双眼 心中明白 | 
| [34:47] | and know that their time is nearing | 自己统治即将结束 | 
| [34:49] | while yours is almost through. | 而她的统治马上开始 | 
| [34:55] | But as far as successors go, | 但就权力移交这点来说 | 
| [34:58] | your mother could do far worse. | 你母亲已经做得很好了 | 
| [35:03] | Ma’am! | 长官 | 
| [35:23] | They’ll fight to the death to defend it. | 他们会誓死保卫它 | 
| [35:25] | There’s only 100 men, more or less, | 留下来负责守卫的 | 
| [35:27] | left behind to guard it. | 差不多只有一百个人 | 
| [35:28] | The rest are women and children. | 其余都是女人和孩子 | 
| [35:30] | And the cache? It’s being guarded there as well? | 珠宝呢 也被保存在那里吗 | 
| [35:32] | It’s nearby. Buried. | 珠宝被埋在了这附近 | 
| [35:34] | But the one of them who knows where to find it | 但唯一一个知道珠宝所在的人 | 
| [35:36] | is inside that camp, | 就在那营地里 | 
| [35:37] | and he cannot run away. | 他逃不掉的 | 
| [35:39] | Get a message to the major. | 给上校送个信 | 
| [35:40] | Tell him he can deploy his men to this position. | 告诉他可以在此部署人员 | 
| [35:43] | Let’s finish this as quickly as possible. | 我们尽快了解此事 | 
| [35:53] | You trust him? | 你相信他 | 
| [35:54] | What’s that? | 什么 | 
| [35:56] | A few weeks ago, we had a chance to sail with him. | 几周前 我们有机会和他一起出海 | 
| [35:59] | You said you’d always be lookin’ over your shoulder, | 你说你得一直小心着背后 | 
| [36:02] | worried he’d fuck us the first chance he got. | 担心一有机会他就会陷害我们 | 
| [36:04] | I will say this for him. | 我还会这么评价他 | 
| [36:06] | In recent weeks, | 最近几周 | 
| [36:07] | among the disturbing number of people | 有很多该死的人们 | 
| [36:09] | who’ve tried to kill one or the both of us, | 试图谋害你我 | 
| [36:11] | he is not among them. | 但他并不在其列 | 
| [36:14] | Charles was, in some sense, a son to him, | 在某种意义上 他当查尔斯是儿子 | 
| [36:16] | and Charles was, in some sense, a brother to us. | 在某种意义上 我们当查尔斯是兄弟 | 
| [36:19] | I couldn’t tell you what that makes us to him, | 我说不准我们的存在对他是否有价值 | 
| [36:21] | but something, perhaps. | 但也许还是有些价值的 | 
| [36:24] | Gun crews at the ready! | 炮手就位 | 
| [36:26] | Gun crews at the ready! | 炮手就位 | 
| [36:29] | See you on the other side. | 过会见 | 
| [36:32] | Always. | 好的 | 
| [36:39] | Come to your crews, Mr. Turner! | 回到队伍中去 特纳先生 | 
| [36:44] | Gun number one ready! | 炮台一号就位 | 
| [36:48] | Number six ready! | 六号就位 | 
| [36:50] | Does he actually mean to exchange broadsides with us? | 他真的打算和我们交战吗 | 
| [36:52] | Pass word up the line. All ships may fire at will. | 传下号令 所有船只随意开跑 | 
| [36:55] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 | 
| [36:56] | Gun crews, prepare to engage! | 炮手 预备开战 | 
| [36:58] | Larboard batteries may fire at will! | 左舷炮台可以随意开炮 | 
| [37:00] | Fire! | 开炮 | 
| [37:22] | Open the ports! | 打开炮窗 | 
| [37:23] | Open the ports! | 打开炮窗 | 
| [37:53] | Company, present! | 听我号令 预备 | 
| [37:55] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [38:01] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [38:23] | Defenders across the water | 河那边的守卫 | 
| [38:24] | have been rendered largely ineffective. | 基本不起什么作用 | 
| [38:26] | Any luck, | 幸运的话 | 
| [38:27] | we’ll have a beachhead established within the hour, | 不出一小时我军就能形成滩头阵地 | 
| [38:29] | find Mr. Silver, the fugitive Mr. Rackham, | 找到西尔弗先生以及逃犯拉克姆先生 | 
| [38:32] | and have the cache in our possession before the sun sets. | 日落前把珠宝拿到手 | 
| [38:35] | Sir. | 是的 | 
| [38:36] | Come. | 过来 | 
| [38:48] | I once thought that to lead men in this world, | 我曾以为要领导世人 | 
| [38:52] | to be liked was just as good as feared, | 受人爱戴和让人心怀畏惧同等重要 | 
| [38:55] | and that may very well be true. | 这一点也许完全没错 | 
| [38:58] | But to be both liked and feared all at once | 但想达到既受爱戴又被畏惧 | 
| [39:03] | is an entirely different state of being… | 就完全是另一种境界了… | 
| [39:07] | in which, I believe, at this moment, I exist alone. | 我相信眼下 只有我处于这种境界 | 
| [39:13] | The men need to know they’re in good favor with me. | 手下的人急需确定他们与我关系良好 | 
| [39:16] | They need it, | 他们需要这心理 | 
| [39:18] | and there is nothing they won’t do | 他们为达到这一点 | 
| [39:20] | to make sure they have it. | 什么都干得出来 | 
| [39:22] | Mr. Dobbs will do what I ask of him. | 道布森先生会听从的我安排 | 
| [39:25] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [39:27] | Pull everyone back. | 全体撤退 | 
| [39:29] | – Sir? – Pull them back, now! | -长官 -全体撤退 马上 | 
| [39:31] | He will lead Captain Hornigold exactly where I ask him to, | 他会把霍尼戈德船长带到我交代的地点 | 
| [39:35] | of this I’m sure. | 我确信他会做到 | 
| [39:39] | But from there, it’s up to you. | 但接下来 成败就取决于你了 | 
| [39:51] | We’re being ambushed! | 我们被埋伏了 | 
| [40:16] | Company, withdrawal! | 全体撤退 | 
| [40:31] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [40:38] | What the hell is he doing? | 他到底在干什么 | 
| [40:39] | Could he mean to board us? | 难道是要登船 | 
| [40:41] | Order the larboard batteries | 命令左舷炮台 | 
| [40:42] | to concentrate their fire on that ship. | 集火那艘船 | 
| [40:43] | – And send word to the Orion to do the same. – Yes, sir. | -通知猎户号采取相同作战方式 -遵命 | 
| [40:45] | All crews, larboard batteries, target the lead ship! | 全体听令 左舷炮台 瞄准头船开火 | 
| [41:08] | – Fire! – Fire! | -开火 -开火 | 
| [41:10] | Fire two! | 继续开火 | 
| [41:11] | Aim ahead a little more! | 瞄地再远点 | 
| [41:12] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [41:14] | Lead him! | 集火那艘船 | 
| [41:35] | Get to the stern chasers! Now! | 占领艉炮 快点 | 
| [41:43] | Fire! | 开火 | 
| [42:01] | Sir! It’s the Orion! | 长官 是猎户号打来的 | 
| [42:03] | She’s been overrun! | 敌方夺取了猎户号 | 
| [42:05] | Get the gun crews to resume firing. | 让炮手们继续开火 | 
| [42:08] | Look out below! | 注意下面 | 
| [42:11] | How, sir? | 这还怎么开火 长官 | 
| [42:15] | Sir? | 长官 | 
| [42:17] | Shall we prepare to repel boarders? | 是否准备抵抗敌人登船 | 
| [42:20] | Cut our anchor cables | 切断锚索 | 
| [42:23] | and signal the line to retreat. | 给其他船发撤退信号 | 
| [43:35] | Company, retreat! | 全体撤退 | 
| [43:38] | Back! Fall back! | 后退 撤退 | 
| [43:40] | Company, retreat! | 全体撤退 | 
| [43:42] | Retreat! | 撤退 | 
| [43:46] | Tell your governor! | 告诉你们总督大人 | 
| [43:49] | You tell him I’m coming! | 他的死期到了 | 
| [43:55] | Let us say there is some merit to your argument. | 假设你的观点没错 | 
| [43:59] | Let us say that Mr. Dobbs will do as you ask of him. | 假设道布森先生会听从你的指令 | 
| [44:04] | I would have to admit in that case | 那样的话我不得不承认 | 
| [44:06] | that the world has shifted beneath our feet | 我们用最惊人的方式 | 
| [44:10] | in a most startling way. | 取得了胜利 | 
| [44:14] | But in terms of our future | 但对于我们的未来 | 
| [44:16] | and the danger that you believe you may pose to me, | 以及那些你觉得会对我造成的危险 | 
| [44:20] | bear this in mind. | 你要记住这些话 | 
| [44:23] | I have survived starvation, | 饥饿 | 
| [44:26] | a tempest, | 暴风雨 | 
| [44:28] | pirate hunters, | 海盗猎手 | 
| [44:31] | jealous captains, mutinous crews, | 心存嫉妒的船长 叛乱的船员 | 
| [44:33] | angry lords, | 愤怒的领主 | 
| [44:35] | a queen, a king, | 女王 国王 | 
| [44:37] | and the goddamn British navy. | 还有该死的英国海军 这些都没杀死我 | 
| [44:42] | So to whatever extent you may be concerned | 因此无论你多么担心 | 
| [44:46] | that some day we will clash, | 某天我们会针锋相对 | 
| [44:50] | worried that though today we be friends, | 你担心尽管眼下我们是朋友 | 
| [44:54] | some day you will have no choice but to be my end… | 到了那一天你别无选择只能干掉我… | 
| [45:01] | I won’t worry too much. | 我不会太担心的 | 
| [45:07] | They call him John the Giant. | 人们管他叫巨人约翰 | 
| [45:10] | They say that he’s seven foot tall. | 据说他有两米多高 | 
| [45:12] | They say that he moves better on that leg | 据说他用假腿行动起来 | 
| [45:14] | than most do with the ones that God gave them. | 比娘胎带的腿还要敏捷 | 
| [45:17] | Why would they say that? | 为什么要有这样的传言 | 
| [45:20] | A man walks into a tavern out the dead of night, | 一个人在夜深人静的时候走进酒馆 | 
| [45:23] | threatens the entirety of the island, | 向全岛人发出威胁 | 
| [45:25] | and then proceeds to remove a man’s head with a metal shoe. | 然后又用铁假肢踩掉了一个人的脑袋 | 
| [45:28] | I say that’s a story that stands a strong chance | 我觉得这样的传说很可能 | 
| [45:30] | of seeing itself embellished. | 被添油加醋地传下去 | 
| [45:32] | Do we care that it isn’t remotely true? | 就不想想这故事有多荒唐吗 | 
| [45:34] | Doesn’t matter what’s true. | 荒唐与否不重要 | 
| [45:36] | Not now, at any rate. | 现在不重要 以后也不重要 | 
| [45:38] | We’re creating the appearance of a man out of nothing. | 这个形象是我们凭空捏造出来的 | 
| [45:42] | The appearance of a man that the resistance against the English | 这种抵抗英国统治的人物形象 | 
| [45:46] | feels compelled to rally around. | 肯定能笼络人心 | 
| [45:48] | We’ll introduce him. We’ll put flesh on him. | 我们把他搬出来 充实他的形象 | 
| [45:51] | We’ll give him a soul. | 再赋予他精神象征 | 
| [45:53] | But if the street wants to invest him | 但人们要是把他描绘地 | 
| [45:54] | with more than we can on our own, | 更加出神入化 | 
| [45:56] | I won’t fight them about it. | 我也不反对 | 
| [45:59] | But that name isn’t doing anything for us. | 但他的名字对我们来说没什么用 | 
| [46:02] | See about that. | 等着瞧吧 | 
| [46:04] | For those of you who have not heard, | 有些人还不知道 | 
| [46:06] | the governor has imposed martial law | 由于罗克莫顿船长遭到谋杀 | 
| [46:08] | upon all of Nassau Town in | 总督大人 | 
| [46:10] | response to the murder of Captain Throckmorton. | 已经对拿骚全境实施了戒严 | 
| [46:13] | He asks that I convey to the rest of his council | 他让我向其他地方议会成员宣读 | 
| [46:16] | the contents of the letter left for him today, | 谋杀罗克莫顿船长的凶手 | 
| [46:19] | taking responsibility for Captain Throckmorton’s murder. | 所留下的信件内容 | 
| [46:27] | “I was no one, | “我曾是个普通人 | 
| [46:29] | and then you came, and my island fell, | 可因为你们的到来 拿骚就沦陷了 | 
| [46:33] | and I became something else.” | 我就变成了你们的奴隶” | 
| [46:36] | Why not Flint? | 为什么不选弗林特 | 
| [46:38] | Flint? | 弗林特 | 
| [46:40] | You want to put a man forward as a face of our efforts | 你想推选出一个人 代表我们 | 
| [46:43] | to oust the English from the island, | 将英国人驱逐出拿骚 | 
| [46:45] | why not use Flint? | 为什么不选弗林特 | 
| [46:47] | They all know him already. They all fear him already. | 人们早都知道他了 早都惧怕他了 | 
| [46:49] | I’ve lived too long dependent upon Flint | 已经厌倦指望弗林特 | 
| [46:51] | to be the one to hold our ranks together. | 来领导我们大家了 | 
| [46:53] | It’s time we finally had an alternative. | 该换个人了 | 
| [46:56] | “On the night I confiscated the pardon rolls, | “被没收赦免令的那晚 | 
| [46:59] | the night I started becoming, | 就不再是曾经的我了 | 
| [47:02] | I made clear my position | 我明确了自己的处境 | 
| [47:03] | that there would be two sorts of men | 在拿骚的发展过程中 | 
| [47:05] | on the island going forward– | 只有两种人 | 
| [47:08] | those like Captain Vane, | 一种是像韦恩船长那样的人 | 
| [47:09] | determined to stand by their oath to the very end, | 决心拼死信守诺言 | 
| [47:12] | and those like Captain Throckmorton, | 另一种就是罗克莫顿船长那种人 | 
| [47:14] | happy to be the first to betray it. | 乐于当违背诺言的始作俑者 | 
| [47:18] | And thus, as always, to traitors…” | 因此 我要对叛徒们说…” | 
| [47:22] | Does he even know? | 他本人知道吗 | 
| [47:24] | Mr. Silver? | 西弗尔先生 | 
| [47:26] | Does he have any idea you’re using his name? | 他知道你利用他的名字吗 | 
| [47:30] | What flows forth from this house, | 从这间屋子传出去的故事 | 
| [47:32] | starting tonight, | 从今晚开始 | 
| [47:34] | is a new story for Nassau. | 将揭开拿骚新的篇章 | 
| [47:39] | I’ve watched her follow madmen. | 我见证过野蛮人统治下的拿骚 | 
| [47:41] | I’ve watched her follow rich men. | 也见证过富人统治下的拿骚 | 
| [47:44] | I’ve watched her bow before tyrants. | 我见证过她屈服于暴君的统治 | 
| [47:48] | But now, it’s time she had a king. | 但如今 拿骚该有名国王了 | 
| [47:52] | When we’re ready, when he’s ready, | 等我们准备好 等他准备好 | 
| [47:55] | he’ll step into the role we’ve created for him… | 他会进入我们为他塑造的角色中… | 
| [48:00] | and lead an impossible army | 带领庞大的军队 | 
| [48:03] | into an unwinnable war… | 迎战一场不可战胜的战争… | 
| [48:08] | and win it. | 并最终赢得战争 | 
| [48:10] | “Captain Throckmorton’s black spot | “罗克莫顿船长 | 
| [48:12] | will not be the last. | 不会是最后一位收到黑点信的人 | 
| [48:15] | Ignore it, and join him. | 无视它 下场将跟他一样 | 
| [48:18] | Heed it, | 接受它 | 
| [48:20] | and reclaim your place amongst us. | 你将重新加入我们的行列 | 
| [48:25] | Until then, I remain… | 在那之前 我依然是… | 
| [48:28] | Long John Silver.” | 朗·约翰·西尔弗” |