| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:11] | The governor has everything he needs | 总督想要的都已经到手了 | 
| [00:14] | and no reason to suspect anything is amiss. | 他没理由再去怀疑是否还有什么差池 | 
| [00:16] | If we can intercept that caravan, | 如果我们能拦截那辆马车 | 
| [00:18] | we can secure both the money to start our war | 我们就能确保开战所需的资金 | 
| [00:21] | and the partner to help us fight it. | 救出与我们同战的伙伴 | 
| [00:23] | Either we get Jack and the cache… | 我们此去要么救出杰克拿到珠宝 | 
| [00:25] | or we get nothing. | 要么就一事无成 | 
| [00:26] | Where’s Vane? | 韦恩在哪 | 
| [00:26] | The militia arrived before he could get away. | 民兵在他逃走之前赶到了 | 
| [00:29] | We had no choice but to run. | 我们没别的办法 只能逃跑 | 
| [00:31] | Charles Vane swinging over Nassau | 查尔斯·韦恩被挂在拿骚示众 | 
| [00:32] | is a statement we cannot afford to be made. | 这种声明我们不能接受 | 
| [00:34] | You cannot stay. I’ll go back and address the situation. | 你不能留下来 我回去处理这事 | 
| [00:38] | By the time I’m through, | 等我得手之时 | 
| [00:39] | the governor won’t be able to hang Vane | 总督囿于担心失去民心 | 
| [00:40] | out of fear of losing the street. | 就不会绞死韦恩了 | 
| [00:42] | Set a course to intercept her. | 准备拦截她 | 
| [00:45] | That ship will be upon us in two hours. Maybe less. | 那艘船两小时内会赶上我们 也许更短 | 
| [00:47] | I know you now. I trust you now. | 现在的我 了解你 也相信你 | 
| [00:49] | I love you now. So I will tell you the absolute truth | 我爱你 所以我说的绝对是事实 | 
| [00:52] | about how I’m going to react when faced with the thing | 关于在见到你堡垒监狱里关押的人后 | 
| [00:54] | sitting in that cell in your fort… | 我会有什么反应 | 
| [00:57] | I honestly don’t know. | 我真没想到 | 
| [03:04] | We’re not far now. | 已经不远了 | 
| [03:05] | We should be sighting the island soon. | 我们应该很快就能看见岛屿 | 
| [03:09] | And Hornigold? | 霍尼戈德呢 | 
| [03:12] | He’s two miles astern, give or take. | 他在我们后面约两海里处 | 
| [03:15] | Managed to keep ahead of him through the night. | 我们一整晚都成功地保持在他前面 | 
| [03:18] | It will be tight ferrying everyone ashore before he’s upon us, | 要在他追上之前将所有人送上岸的话很紧张 | 
| [03:22] | but, uh, Mr. Silver has suggested a radical solution. | 但西尔弗先生提出了一种冒险的办法 | 
| [03:31] | I noticed that you’ve locked it. | 我注意到你把它锁起来了 | 
| [03:34] | Do you mind me asking who has the key? | 不介意我问问钥匙在谁手上吗 | 
| [03:38] | Neptune. | 海神 | 
| [03:40] | I threw it over the side a few hours ago. | 几小时前我就把它扔海里了 | 
| [03:46] | If you’re concerned about the men stealing from it– | 如果你是担心船员们会偷取里面的东西 | 
| [03:49] | I am concerned about the men stealing from it. | 我是担心船员们会偷取 | 
| [03:52] | There’s treasure inside that box, | 盒子里装的是财富 | 
| [03:53] | a handful of which could provide a lifetime of prosperity. | 只要一点就足以让人衣食无忧 | 
| [03:56] | Facing that kind of temptation, | 面对这样的诱惑 | 
| [03:58] | there are few men I would trust to self-deny. | 我想很少有人能抵抗 | 
| [04:01] | But it is not the treasure that concerns me most. | 但我最在意的不是财富 | 
| [04:05] | Charles Vane’s sacrifice is in that box. | 里面还装着查尔斯·韦恩的牺牲 | 
| [04:10] | If your man is unsuccessful in seeing to his rescue, | 如果你的人不能成功救他出来 | 
| [04:12] | Charles Vane’s death is inside that box. | 里面装的就是查尔斯·韦恩的死亡 | 
| [04:17] | Along with my good name. | 和我的名声 | 
| [04:21] | Along with her lost love. | 和她失去的挚爱 | 
| [04:24] | Along with your late quartermaster’s life. | 还有你已故舵手的生命 | 
| [04:29] | All the awful sacrifices made to assemble that box | 无数壮烈牺牲才换来了这个盒子 | 
| [04:32] | are now part of its contents, | 如今它们也成为了其中的一部分 | 
| [04:34] | and those things… | 而这些牺牲 | 
| [04:37] | are sacred things that I trust in no man’s hands. | 对我来说弥足珍贵 我无法轻易交给任何人 | 
| [04:44] | The next time that chest is opened | 下一次这个宝箱打开之时 | 
| [04:46] | will be after Anne and I walk away with it, | 便是我和安妮带着它远走高飞之后 | 
| [04:49] | And once the smoke is cleared… | 当战争的硝烟散去 | 
| [04:52] | and all is done. | 一切尘埃落定 | 
| [04:57] | Captain, it’s time. | 船长 是时候了 | 
| [05:40] | “I, Charles Vane, do hereby plead guilty | “我 查尔斯·韦恩 在此供认 | 
| [05:43] | to the charges of treason and high seas piracy. | 犯下了叛国及海盗之罪 | 
| [05:48] | I understand that the sentence for my crimes | 我明白对于本人的罪行 | 
| [05:51] | is to be hanged by the neck until dead. | 将判处绞刑 直至死亡 | 
| [05:56] | It is my hope that in exchange for this plea | 我希望以此认罪书 | 
| [06:00] | I might be spared the humiliation | 交换免除当众审判 | 
| [06:02] | of a public trial, | 所带来的羞辱 | 
| [06:04] | and that my execution be carried out… | 而我的行刑 也可以仁慈地 | 
| [06:08] | privately and mercifully.” | 私下进行” | 
| [06:20] | At noon tomorrow, you’ll be transported under guard to the bay, | 明天中午 你将由守卫押送至海湾 | 
| [06:24] | where you’ll be boarded onto the Shark | 在那里你将登上鲨鱼号 | 
| [06:25] | and sent to London to face a Court of the Admiralty. | 遣返伦敦接受海事法庭的审判 | 
| [06:29] | Agree to this plea, and the governor will endorse it. | 同意这份认罪书 总督就会为其担保 | 
| [06:33] | We’ll see to it that it is heard favorably | 我们会确保你在审判中受到照顾 | 
| [06:36] | and your experience in London will be short and dignified. | 而你在伦敦的日子也将短暂而尊严 | 
| [06:40] | Refuse to sign it, and your experience will be anything but. | 如果你拒绝签字 那就是截然不同的下场 | 
| [06:49] | You came all the way down here to ask me to beg for mercy? | 你大老远跑来这里就想看我求饶吗 | 
| [06:55] | What a fantasy this must have been for you. | 这一定是你梦寐以求的吧 | 
| [06:59] | Well, even if I did sign that, | 就算我同意签字 | 
| [07:02] | we both know how empty the victory would be, | 你我都清楚这胜利对你来说有多么空洞 | 
| [07:06] | seeing as you don’t give a shit | 因为你在乎的 | 
| [07:08] | about my piracy or my treason. | 根本不是我当海盗或是叛国 | 
| [07:13] | The only crime of mine that angers you | 我唯一激怒你的罪行 | 
| [07:15] | is the one that no one else cared enough about | 却没有任何人关心 在他们眼里 | 
| [07:18] | to even call a crime. | 甚至称不上罪行 | 
| [07:21] | Am I wrong? | 我没说错吧 | 
| [07:24] | Is the murder of Richard Guthrie mentioned anywhere on that page? | 那上面提到了我谋杀理查德·格斯里的事吗 | 
| [07:29] | You fucking coward. | 你这该死的懦夫 | 
| [07:35] | When Charles Vane takes something from a man, | 当查尔斯·韦恩夺走别人的东西 | 
| [07:37] | he looks him in the eye and gives him a chance to deny him. | 会直视别人的眼睛 给他机会拒绝 | 
| [07:41] | It’s all bullshit. | 全是胡扯 | 
| [07:43] | It was always bullshit. | 一直都是胡扯 | 
| [07:46] | You stole my father from me in the dead of night | 你在深夜将我父亲从我身边劫走 | 
| [07:48] | like a rank fucking cutpurse, | 像个可恶的小偷 | 
| [07:49] | and you did it because you weren’t man enough to face me, | 因为你没有胆子面对我 | 
| [07:52] | to show yourself. | 现出真身 | 
| [07:56] | So you found the lowest, cruelest, weakest deed imaginable | 所以你用最低级 最残酷 最懦弱的方式 | 
| [07:59] | and acted it out upon an innocent man | 去伤害一个无辜的人 | 
| [08:01] | with whom you had no quarrel… | 他与你毫无过节 | 
| [08:06] | …knowing that I had finally begun to | 也明知我终于开始 | 
| [08:08] | build something with him, | 和他有了感情 | 
| [08:09] | that I was finally able to see the good in him. | 终于看到了他的优点 | 
| [08:12] | He was a shit. | 他就是个混蛋 | 
| [08:16] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么 | 
| [08:18] | He was a cowardly, selfish, treacherous shit | 他就是个懦弱 自私 阴险的混蛋 | 
| [08:20] | who cared only for himself and for you not at all. | 只顾自己 对你毫不关心 | 
| [08:23] | You know this. | 你知道 | 
| [08:25] | All your life you knew this. | 你一直以来都知道 | 
| [08:28] | Then suddenly he walks back through your door, | 可突然间他出现在你面前 | 
| [08:31] | tells you he can give you all of the things you want, | 告诉你他能给你想要的一切 | 
| [08:35] | tells you I’m your enemy, and, just like that, | 告诉你我是你的敌人 就这样 | 
| [08:38] | his love is sacred and mine is | 他成了慈父 我却沦为 | 
| [08:40] | a inconvenient obstacle to your ambitions. | 你实现野心的阻碍 | 
| [08:45] | The life cycle of your affections– | 你的感情… | 
| [08:49] | a man you love who speaks the truth | 从一个你爱的诚实人 | 
| [08:53] | shunted aside in favor of the next | 错误转移到另一个 | 
| [08:54] | who will tell you whatever you want to hear. | 只说你想听的话的人身上 | 
| [09:02] | Goodbye, Charles. | 再见 查尔斯 | 
| [09:07] | He betrayed you, Eleanor. | 他背叛了你 埃莉诺 | 
| [09:12] | When my men brought him to me first, | 当我的手下将他带来 | 
| [09:14] | he begged for mercy. | 他先是求饶 | 
| [09:16] | Then he promised to make me rich. | 然后许诺给我富贵 | 
| [09:21] | But when he realized neither had any effect, | 但当他发现这都没用之后 | 
| [09:23] | he promised to deliver you to me. | 便答应将你带来给我 | 
| [09:28] | Promised to exchange your life for his. | 答应用你的命抵他的命 | 
| [09:33] | That is who your father was, Eleanor. | 那才是你的父亲 埃莉诺 | 
| [09:36] | And you know it’s true. | 你知道这是真的 | 
| [10:06] | You’re not a man. | 你不是人类 | 
| [10:08] | You’re deformed. Unformed. | 你丑陋 畸形 | 
| [10:12] | Flesh, bone, and bile, | 从骨到皮 | 
| [10:17] | and missing all that which takes shape through a mother’s love. | 都没有人类该有的血肉 | 
| [10:23] | You cannot comprehend what you took from me | 你不懂你从我这夺走了什么 | 
| [10:27] | or why it was good, | 或它为什么宝贵 | 
| [10:30] | because there is no goodness in you. | 因为你心中就没有善良 | 
| [10:35] | There is no humanity in you, | 你没有一丝人性 | 
| [10:39] | no capacity for compromise, | 不会妥协 | 
| [10:43] | nor instinct toward repair, | 不会道歉 | 
| [10:47] | nor progress. | 不会改正 | 
| [10:51] | Nor forgiveness. | 不会原谅 | 
| [10:59] | You are an animal. | 你是只野兽 | 
| [11:13] | Nassau is moving on from you, and so am I. | 拿骚不会再留恋你 我也是 | 
| [11:20] | Open up. | 开门 | 
| [11:44] | What is this? | 怎么回事 | 
| [11:45] | He insisted upon seeing his senior counselors. | 他坚持要见高级顾问们 | 
| [11:48] | I see that. Why’s he doing it in his bedroom? | 我知道 为什么要在卧室见 | 
| [11:50] | Because I confined him to his bed. | 因为我要求他必须躺下 | 
| [11:53] | Confined him? He was fine a few hours ago. | 要求吗 他几小时前还好好的 | 
| [11:55] | He collapsed after you left. | 你走之后他就晕倒了 | 
| [11:57] | I believe his fever is worsening. | 发热变得更加严重 | 
| [12:00] | I will do what I can. | 我会尽力 | 
| [12:03] | How long can we wait for Captain Hornigold’s return | 我们还要等霍尼戈德船长返航多久 | 
| [12:05] | before we can assume that | 才能去假设 | 
| [12:07] | he’s failed to seize Captain Flint’s ship? | 他没有缴下弗林特船长的船 | 
| [12:09] | At which point I must strongly urge | 而此时我必须极力敦促 | 
| [12:12] | that we shift preparations | 开始准备施措把计划 | 
| [12:14] | from retrieving the stolen Urca treasure | 从追回被盗的厄卡号宝藏 | 
| [12:16] | to preparing for a Spanish move against the island. | 变成防止西班牙人袭击小岛 | 
| [12:19] | Gentlemen, if Captain Hornigold fails to retrieve the cache, | 先生们 如果霍尼戈德船长没能收回宝藏 | 
| [12:23] | then we will redouble our efforts and try again. | 那我们就增加人马 再去收缴 | 
| [12:26] | However, when he returns, | 无论如何 当他回来 | 
| [12:28] | it would be easier for me to prosecute those efforts | 如果我还没被累死 我就能更轻松地 | 
| [12:30] | if I am not dead from exhaustion. | 去部署这些行动 | 
| [12:33] | Now, your counsel is invaluable, | 现在 请等我身体恢复 | 
| [12:35] | but until I’m able to recover my health, | 再告诉我这些宝贵建议 | 
| [12:37] | I ask that all information you need to relay to me | 请你们将需要我决策的信息 | 
| [12:39] | be done through Ms. Guthrie here. | 都交给格斯里小姐处理 | 
| [12:41] | I beg your pardon, my lord. | 您说什么 大人 | 
| [12:42] | On this issue, I need no counsel, Mr. Soames, thank you. | 这问题我不用你的建议 索姆斯先生 谢谢 | 
| [12:46] | Thank you all. | 谢谢你们 | 
| [12:50] | Go away. | 出去 | 
| [13:21] | You collapsed. | 你晕倒了 | 
| [13:24] | You saw him. | 你见到他了 | 
| [13:28] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [13:32] | I know what you took with you into that cell. | 我知道你带了什么去牢里 | 
| [13:34] | I don’t care what happened. | 我不在乎发生了什么 | 
| [13:37] | Just tell me whether you were able | 就告诉我你是否能 | 
| [13:39] | to leave it behind in that cell. | 将一切抛之身后 | 
| [13:46] | There is no leaving it behind, | 没有什么值得我回头的了 | 
| [13:50] | but I’m ready to move forward. | 我已准备好展望未来 | 
| [14:28] | Depth at 14 fathoms! | 水深14英寻 | 
| [14:31] | Mr. De Groot, depth at 14 fathoms. | 德·格鲁特先生 水深14英寻 | 
| [14:36] | Hang the starboard and stern anchors. | 收起右舷锚和尾锚 | 
| [14:38] | Hang the starboard and the stern anchors. | 收起右舷锚和尾锚 | 
| [14:41] | He thinks we’ve lost our minds. | 他以为我们疯了 | 
| [14:43] | Always a possibility. | 也不是没有这个可能 | 
| [14:46] | Well, he’s carrying out the order, | 他是执行命令的 | 
| [14:48] | so have to hope he sees some credibility in it. | 所以还是得希望他能看出点可行性 | 
| [14:50] | That or he doesn’t know how to say no | 要么就是他不知道该 | 
| [14:52] | to the both of us at the same time. | 怎样同时违抗我们两个 | 
| [14:57] | You still see some credibility in the idea, don’t you? | 你还是觉得这主意可行的 对吧 | 
| [15:05] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你他妈不是在逗我吧 | 
| [15:06] | When I offered this suggestion, | 当我提出这个建议的时候 | 
| [15:08] | I told you it was just a suggestion. | 我跟你说了这只是个提议 | 
| [15:10] | You said it would work. | 你说了这能行 | 
| [15:12] | Well, it’s a certainty if we anchor and try and ferry | 如果我们能停船靠岸 把自己 | 
| [15:15] | ourselves and all our cargo ashore, | 和所有的货物都送上岸 | 
| [15:18] | our long-boats will be easy targets for Hornigold’s guns. | 我们的大艇肯定很容易就成为霍尼戈德的靶子 | 
| [15:21] | In the absence of any better suggestions, | 在没有更好提议的情况下 | 
| [15:22] | yours was worth a try. | 你的提议值得一试 | 
| [15:30] | Depth at 12 fathoms! | 水深12英寻 | 
| [15:32] | Depth at 12 fathoms! | 水深12英寻 | 
| [15:37] | Captain, both anchors are hung and ready. | 船长 两个锚都拉起就位了 | 
| [15:39] | Awaiting your order. | 等你下令 | 
| [15:44] | Depth at 10 fathoms! | 水深10英寻 | 
| [15:52] | Why isn’t he reducing sail? | 他为什么还没升帆 | 
| [15:56] | Depth at eight fathoms! | 水深8英寻 | 
| [15:57] | Depth at eight fathoms! | 水深8英寻 | 
| [16:00] | Captain, if we miss our mark by as little as a boat length, | 船长 如果船的水位线跟小船一样 | 
| [16:03] | it could be catastrophic. | 后果会是灾难性的 | 
| [16:06] | He knows. | 他知道 | 
| [16:13] | Depth at five fathoms! | 水深5英寻 | 
| [16:15] | Depth at five fathoms! | 水深5英寻 | 
| [16:29] | Hard to port, Mr. Williamson. | 左满舵 威廉姆森先生 | 
| [16:31] | Aye, sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [16:32] | Let fall the starboard anchor. | 放下右舷锚 | 
| [16:34] | Take courses and topgallants. | 把上桅帆降下来 | 
| [16:35] | Let go starboard anchor. | 扔下右舷锚 | 
| [16:38] | Let go of starboard anchor, quickly. | 扔下右舷锚 快 | 
| [17:00] | Hard to starboard if you please, Mr. Williamson. | 请向右舵打满 威廉姆森先生 | 
| [17:10] | Let fall the stern anchor. | 降尾锚 | 
| [17:12] | On your stern anchor, let fall! | 尾锚 放 | 
| [17:28] | Surge the stern cable. | 松船尾索 | 
| [17:30] | Surge the bow. Ready for impact. | 松船首索 做好撞击准备 | 
| [17:55] | Douse the topsails! | 急收上桅帆 | 
| [18:07] | Open the gunports. | 打开炮门 | 
| [18:16] | Take the courses and come about on a starboard tack. | 想办法右舷抢风调头 | 
| [18:19] | Break off our pursuit, sir? | 停止追击吗 长官 | 
| [18:22] | Unless you’d like to approach into the teeth of his broadsides. | 除非你想吃他舷侧炮的弹子儿 | 
| [18:25] | Bring us up the coast. | 把人带到岸上去 | 
| [18:26] | We’ll deploy our men onto the sand, | 我们在岸上排兵布阵 | 
| [18:28] | free of his great guns, | 离他的大炮远点 | 
| [18:29] | and then march them in to… | 然后迫使他们… | 
| [18:32] | engage. | 交火 | 
| [18:41] | Jesus. | 天啊 | 
| [19:17] | You know, my father used to tell me | 我父亲总是对我说 | 
| [19:19] | that when the world promises undesirable outcomes, | 当世界混乱希望渺茫的时候 | 
| [19:23] | only a fool believes he can alter the latter | 只有傻子才会相信 | 
| [19:25] | without first addressing the state of the former. | 不先了解前因就能改变后果 | 
| [19:28] | Now, we are living in a world | 眼下我们的境遇是 | 
| [19:30] | where Nassau has embraced English rule, | 拿骚被英国统治着 | 
| [19:33] | where former pirates now exchange pleasantries | 曾经的海盗和街上的士兵 | 
| [19:36] | with soldiers in the street, | 可以谈笑风生 | 
| [19:38] | and where the last man to stand up and defy England | 然而最后一个敢于起身反抗英国的人 | 
| [19:41] | is about to be shipped back there to be hanged. | 马上要被运往英国被绞死 | 
| [19:46] | And exactly no one seems to give a shit about it. | 可好像没一个人在乎这事 | 
| [19:52] | So I’m here to remedy all that. | 所以我就是来纠正这一切的 | 
| [19:57] | Before we go any further, there’s something you need to know. | 在开始之前 有些情况你要了解 | 
| [20:00] | Circumstances have changed in town dramatically | 自从杰克逃跑 韦恩船长被捕 | 
| [20:03] | since Jack’s escape and Captain Vane’s capture. | 镇上的情况发生了翻天覆地的变化 | 
| [20:06] | The governor knows there was a spy | 总督知道了这个逃跑事件能够得逞 | 
| [20:07] | that made the escape possible. | 是因为有内线相助 | 
| [20:09] | His people are on high alert. | 他的人现在高度警戒 | 
| [20:11] | The street is anxious. | 外面人心惶惶 | 
| [20:12] | Getting that kind of information again | 想再拿到那种情报 | 
| [20:14] | may be impossible. | 是不太可能了 | 
| [20:15] | There’ll be time for spies again. | 内线还会再次需要的 | 
| [20:16] | We’re not up to that yet. | 但还没到那个时候 | 
| [20:18] | The first order of business | 首先 我需要你们 | 
| [20:20] | for which I will need your help | 帮我的第一个忙 | 
| [20:22] | is rescuing Captain Vane. | 是把韦恩船长救出来 | 
| [20:24] | Rescuing? There are a hundred redcoats | 怎么救 他被关在堡垒内 | 
| [20:26] | between him and the front door of the fort. | 由上百个英国军人严加把守 | 
| [20:28] | Even if there was a way to get to him, | 即使真的有办法能救他 | 
| [20:30] | he’s set to be shipped out tomorrow. | 他明天就要被送走了 | 
| [20:32] | There isn’t nearly time to find it… | 根本不可能有时间想办法 | 
| [20:33] | Of course there isn’t. | 时间当然不够 | 
| [20:36] | So we need to make sure they don’t ship him out. | 所以只要保证他们不把他送走就行了 | 
| [20:37] | Not tomorrow, not ever. | 不仅是明天 让他永远也不会被送走 | 
| [20:40] | We force them to try him here. | 我们可以逼迫他们在这开庭审判 | 
| [20:42] | Buy ourselves days, maybe weeks, | 能争取几天或是几周的时间 | 
| [20:44] | while they figure out a process | 趁着他们考虑审判程序的时候 | 
| [20:45] | and we find a plan to set him free. | 我们可以想法把他救出来 | 
| [20:47] | How? | 要怎么做 | 
| [20:50] | How do we keep him off the ship? | 要怎么做才能不让他上船 | 
| [20:55] | By making sure people give a shit about it. | 让所有人都在乎韦恩的判决 | 
| [21:20] | You sent for me? | 你找我 | 
| [21:21] | Dr. Marcus says that the stress of receiving visitors | 马库斯医生说见客带来的压力 | 
| [21:24] | is aggravating his condition, | 让他的病情加速恶化 | 
| [21:25] | so I will seal off this room from today. | 今天开始我要封闭房间谢绝访客 | 
| [21:28] | No one will be permitted in | 除了我和医生以外 | 
| [21:29] | other than myself and the doctor. | 不许任何人进来 | 
| [21:32] | As long as this state of affairs is necessary, | 只要事态的发展有这个必要 | 
| [21:34] | I would like you to tend to him. | 我想让你帮忙照顾他 | 
| [21:37] | Of course. | 没问题 | 
| [21:45] | How long has he been asleep? | 他睡了多久了 | 
| [21:47] | He woke a few hours ago just for a moment. | 几小时前他醒过来一会 | 
| [21:52] | Did you inform him of this plan to sequester him? | 你跟他说过你准备隔离他这事吗 | 
| [21:55] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么 | 
| [21:58] | Because he looked at me and addressed me as Sarah. | 因为他看着我叫我莎拉 | 
| [22:00] | He thought I was his wife. | 他以为我是他的妻子 | 
| [22:07] | He was delirious with fever. | 他烧糊涂了 | 
| [22:10] | If his condition changes, please send word. | 如果他的情况有变 让人来通知我 | 
| [22:51] | Is that it? | 那就是你们所寻找的吗 | 
| [22:54] | It is. | 是的 | 
| [22:56] | How long before their force arrives? | 他的军队什么时候到达 | 
| [22:58] | A few days for Captain Hornigold to return to Nassau | 霍尼戈德船长回拿骚需要几天时间 | 
| [23:01] | and report that the cache is defended by a small army. | 向上头汇报珠宝被一小队人看守着 | 
| [23:05] | Three days to muster soldiers and supply ships. | 再花三天时间召集士兵和船只 | 
| [23:09] | A week, more or less, | 大概一周的时间 | 
| [23:11] | before the governor’s forces arrive on our coasts. | 总督的兵力就会逼近这里 | 
| [23:14] | Then we have much preparation to do | 我们有很多准备工作要做 | 
| [23:16] | and little time to do it. | 而且时间紧迫 | 
| [23:20] | What happened to him? | 他怎么了 | 
| [23:28] | It was all a misunderstanding. | 只是个误会而已 | 
| [23:43] | What was that? | 怎么回事 | 
| [23:45] | What was what? | 你指什么 | 
| [23:46] | You told me that that man was taken to task by her bodyguard. | 你跟我说那人被她的保镖教训了一顿 | 
| [23:50] | Was that not the case? | 是这样的吗 | 
| [23:52] | Dobbs assaulted him. | 道布森袭击了他 | 
| [23:54] | He believes him responsible | 他以为是他负责 | 
| [23:56] | for choosing the men to be interrogated by them. | 挑选被审问对象的人 | 
| [23:59] | I didn’t mention it to you because… | 我没跟你提是因为… | 
| [24:03] | I don’t know. I just didn’t. | 我也不知道 反正就是没跟你说 | 
| [24:06] | But it’s been sorted. | 但一切都解决妥当了 | 
| [24:10] | Good. Sorted how? | 好极了 怎么解决的 | 
| [24:15] | I had three men hold him down | 我让三个人把他按住 | 
| [24:16] | while Dooley and Wayne administered a beating. | 杜利和维恩把他打了一顿 | 
| [24:19] | The message was received. I’m quite certain. | 我相信他以后会吸取教训的 | 
| [24:24] | Sorted. | 解决了 | 
| [24:53] | We were successful. | 我们成功了 | 
| [24:55] | The war we sought will soon be under way. | 我们想要挑起的战争很快就会爆发 | 
| [24:57] | On our terms. | 以我们计划好的方式 | 
| [25:08] | I was there in Nassau, | 我去过拿骚 | 
| [25:12] | and she’s there. | 她也在 | 
| [25:14] | Eleanor is there. | 埃莉诺也在拿骚 | 
| [25:19] | In a position of great influence, they say, | 他们说她在当地身处高位 很有影响力 | 
| [25:22] | at the right hand of the governor. | 作为总督的得力助手 | 
| [25:25] | She is one of them now. | 她变成了他们的一员 | 
| [25:33] | I stood in Nassau and I realized | 站在拿骚的土地上 我突然顿悟了 | 
| [25:36] | when this war begins, | 这场战争开始后 | 
| [25:39] | it will have many different meanings, | 将有很多不同的意义 | 
| [25:41] | but to you, this war is a civil war | 但对你来说 这是一场内战 | 
| [25:46] | between two cities you held together for so long | 是这两个你以无形的羁绊捆绑的 | 
| [25:50] | with unseen bonds. | 城市间的内战 | 
| [25:55] | You will have people on both sides of it. | 两边都有你的子民 | 
| [26:00] | You will have daughters on both sides of it. | 两边都有你的女儿 | 
| [26:04] | And I want you to know… | 我想让你知道… | 
| [26:12] | Only… you. | 只有…你 | 
| [26:34] | You have information about the identity | 关于隐藏在我方的间谍 | 
| [26:36] | of the spy within our midst. | 你查到什么消息了吗 | 
| [26:43] | It’s Idelle. | 是伊黛尔 | 
| [26:47] | She’s the one that learned the secret route | 是她发现了总督马车当天行驶的 | 
| [26:50] | for the governor’s caravan. | 秘密路线 | 
| [26:52] | The one that made possible Captain Rackham’s escape. | 因此才让拉克姆船长逃走了 | 
| [26:58] | Have you told anyone of this? | 你跟别人说过这事吗 | 
| [27:01] | No. | 没有 | 
| [27:06] | Why not? | 为什么不说 | 
| [27:09] | I beg your pardon, ma’am? | 我不懂你的意思 女士 | 
| [27:11] | I know Eleanor engaged you those months ago to watch me. | 我知道几个月前埃莉诺就雇了你让你监视我 | 
| [27:16] | If you took this information to her, | 如果你把这个消息告诉她 | 
| [27:17] | it would likely garner you credit with her at my expense. | 出卖我 在她那估计也算立了一功 | 
| [27:23] | I know you have considered it. | 我知道你已经考虑过了 | 
| [27:26] | I am asking why you did not do it. | 我是在问你 为什么你没告诉她 | 
| [27:31] | Eleanor Guthrie used that chair | 埃莉诺·格斯里坐在那个位子上的时候 | 
| [27:33] | not just to vanquish her enemies, | 她做的不仅仅是击败敌人 | 
| [27:36] | but to create new ones. | 也创造新的敌人 | 
| [27:39] | Because some people can only understand themselves | 因为有的人 只有通过敌人仇视的眼睛 | 
| [27:43] | through the eyes of those who hate them. | 他们才能看清真正的自己 | 
| [27:48] | They thrive only on sowing the seeds | 他们只有通过散播那致使自己 | 
| [27:50] | of their own eventual destruction. | 最终毁灭的种子 才能繁盛地活下去 | 
| [27:53] | Miss Guthrie has new clothes now. | 格斯里小姐如今换了新的面孔 | 
| [27:55] | Miss Guthrie has new friends now. | 有了新的朋友 | 
| [27:57] | But to my eye, she looks the same. | 但在我看来 她跟从前并无二致 | 
| [28:03] | You think I will outlast her here, | 你觉得这个位子我能比她坐得长久 | 
| [28:05] | so you would cast your lot with me and not her? | 所以你把赌注押在我这边 而不是她那边 | 
| [28:10] | Something like that. Yes, ma’am. | 差不多是这样吧 女士 | 
| [28:17] | Will you please make sure, when the governor’s men visit the inn, | 总督的手下来酒馆的时候 你能保证 | 
| [28:21] | they are serviced by girls you trust? | 给他们服务的是你信得过的姑娘吗 | 
| [28:24] | There will be no more information seeping out of the inn. | 不能再有任何消息从酒馆里泄露出去了 | 
| [28:28] | Of course. | 好的 | 
| [28:33] | Will you tell her? Miss Guthrie. | 你会告诉她吗 格斯里小姐 | 
| [28:37] | Will you inform her of our suspicions | 你会告诉她 | 
| [28:39] | about the source of the leak? | 是谁泄露了消息吗 | 
| [28:44] | Davis– | 戴维斯 | 
| [28:47] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 | 
| [28:49] | I do not. | 不认识 | 
| [28:52] | But Featherstone says he’s | 但费瑟斯通说他是 | 
| [28:53] | one of the most gifted purveyors of bullshit he’s ever met. | 他遇到过最有能力的粮食筹办员之一 | 
| [28:57] | And a man determined, above anything else in life, to be famous. | 而且这人一生中最渴求的 就是出人头地 | 
| [29:01] | Which makes him the perfect fit for us. | 因此他对我们来说是最合适的人选 | 
| [29:06] | What’s he saying? | 他在说什么 | 
| [29:09] | The governor wants him to believe that Charles Vane | 总督想让他相信 是查尔斯·韦恩 | 
| [29:11] | is the cause of all their ill. | 给他们带来了种种厄运 | 
| [29:13] | It’s a lot easier to watch a man swing | 如果你对一个人怀有一丝恨意 | 
| [29:14] | if you’re comfortable hating him just a little bit. | 那你看着他被绞死 心里就会稍微舒服点 | 
| [29:18] | His task is to start reminding everyone | 他的任务就是提醒大家 | 
| [29:20] | there’s someone else out there | 还有一个人 | 
| [29:22] | that they’re far more comfortable hating. | 更值得他们去怨恨 | 
| [29:25] | Who? | 谁 | 
| [29:44] | What is it? | 怎么了 | 
| [29:46] | When I sent for you, there were approximately 20 of them. | 我派人去找你时 下面大概只有20个人 | 
| [29:50] | In ten minutes, it has grown two-fold. | 只过了十分钟 人多了两倍 | 
| [29:54] | What is he saying? | 他在说什么 | 
| [29:57] | That the law and order promised by the new regime | 说新的统治者允诺的法律与秩序 | 
| [29:59] | is little more than a veneer, | 只不过是个表象 | 
| [30:01] | behind which Eleanor Guthrie has returned | 背后的事实是埃莉诺·格斯里 | 
| [30:04] | to settle old scores | 回来算旧账 | 
| [30:05] | and restore her tyranny over Nassau once again. | 并且要再次在拿骚重建她的暴政 | 
| [30:11] | I hear they will threaten to stand in the way | 我听说他们会阻止 | 
| [30:13] | of any attempt to remove Charles Vane off the island, | 任何企图把查尔斯·韦恩送出岛的举动 | 
| [30:17] | that if he’s to be tried, it must be here, | 说如果要审判他 那也必须在这 | 
| [30:20] | in the open, | 在大庭广众之下 | 
| [30:21] | where they can see it with their own eyes. | 在他们可以亲眼看到的地方 | 
| [30:23] | Fucking kidding me. | 这他妈开什么玩笑 | 
| [30:25] | Vane is scheduled to be moved | 按照计划 几个小时后 | 
| [30:26] | from the fort to the Shark in a few hours. | 就要把韦恩从堡垒转移到皇家鲨鱼号 | 
| [30:29] | Chamberlain is making arrangements right now. | 张伯伦此刻正在安排 | 
| [30:31] | Is there anything you can do about this? | 现在这个局面 你有什么办法吗 | 
| [30:33] | To dispel what is building down there, | 要驱散楼下聚集的人群 | 
| [30:34] | it is going to require appeasement | 要么选择安抚策略 | 
| [30:37] | or it is going to require force. | 要么就是武力镇压 | 
| [30:39] | Appeasement. Hold his trial here. | 怎么安抚 真要在这审判吗 | 
| [30:43] | To begin with, the lawyers aren’t even sure | 首先 律师都不确定 | 
| [30:44] | that we have the authority to do that | 在没有指派法官的情况下 | 
| [30:45] | without a judge yet appointed, | 我们有没有权利这么做 | 
| [30:47] | and even if it were legitimate, | 就算这是合法的 | 
| [30:49] | proceeding like that would last weeks. | 审判过程可能会持续好几周 | 
| [30:52] | Dredge up a dark past just | 就在事情就快成功的时候 | 
| [30:53] | when progress is so near at hand. | 还要再次经历黑暗的过去 | 
| [30:55] | If the alternative is an armed clash | 如果另一个选择是 | 
| [30:57] | between those men and the dozens of soldiers | 这些人和十几个来镇压他们的官兵之间 | 
| [30:59] | it would take to subdue them, | 的武装冲突的话 | 
| [31:01] | a little time spent confronting the past | 花一点时间来面对过去 | 
| [31:03] | may be the lesser evil. | 似乎伤害更轻些 | 
| [31:05] | I can’t believe this is a coincidence– | 我觉得这不是巧合 | 
| [31:07] | a plot to steal the cache followed so closely | 就在设计偷走珠宝之后 紧跟着 | 
| [31:09] | by something as choreographed as this. | 就来了这样一个精心设计的局 | 
| [31:17] | I’ll take this to the governor. | 我去把这个情况报告总督 | 
| [31:19] | You should be careful. | 你应该小心一点 | 
| [31:23] | I understand the governor has tasked you | 我知道在总督康复期间 | 
| [31:25] | with being his eyes and ears while he convalesces. | 指派了你做他的耳目 | 
| [31:28] | In this particular instance, | 在这样的特殊情况下 | 
| [31:30] | you would be wise to make sure, | 对你来说明智的做法是确保 | 
| [31:31] | whatever happens to Captain Vane, | 无论韦恩船长发生什么 | 
| [31:34] | those men have no reason | 这些人没有理由 | 
| [31:35] | to believe it happened because of you. | 相信这是因你而发生 | 
| [31:40] | Whatever happens will be the governor’s decision. | 发生的任何事都将是总督的决定 | 
| [31:43] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [31:55] | – Any change? – No. | -有好转吗 -没有 | 
| [32:01] | May I have a moment with him, please? | 能否让我跟他单独在一起 | 
| [32:23] | I warned you… | 我警告了你 | 
| [32:27] | …the closer you let me get to you, | 你越让我接近你 | 
| [32:28] | the more dangerous I would be. | 我就越危险 | 
| [32:35] | I’ve never given a damn what people think of me. | 我从来不在乎人们对我的想法 | 
| [32:38] | But I give a damn what you think. | 但我在乎你的想法 | 
| [32:42] | I hope that when you wake, | 我希望当你醒来 | 
| [32:44] | you will understand why I did what I did, | 你会理解我为什么这么做 | 
| [32:48] | you will see that it was all I could think to do | 你会知道我为了保护你 | 
| [32:51] | to protect you… | 只能想出这个办法 | 
| [32:54] | the only way I know how. | 这是我唯一能想出的办法 | 
| [33:16] | Any news? | 有什么消息 | 
| [33:18] | They say it shouldn’t be long now | 他们说斯科特先生 | 
| [33:19] | before Mr. Scott leaves us. | 命不久矣 | 
| [33:28] | We need to talk about that. | 我们需要聊一下这件事 | 
| [33:33] | What about it? | 怎么了 | 
| [33:36] | We’re about to enter into a battle | 我们马上就要进入战斗 | 
| [33:37] | where every man must be behind us | 需要每个人齐心协力 | 
| [33:39] | as any man with motive not to be so | 因为只要有一个人心存不轨 | 
| [33:42] | could sink us. | 我们就可能全军覆没 | 
| [33:44] | It would seem that you have made sure | 似乎你认定了 | 
| [33:45] | that he has one. | 他心存不轨 | 
| [33:48] | If it’d gotten out, what he did, | 如果他做的事被说出来 | 
| [33:52] | you would likely be stranded back in Nassau. | 你很可能又要困在拿骚 | 
| [33:55] | Most of our men would be dead, | 我们大多数人会死 | 
| [33:57] | and those that weren’t | 没死的人 | 
| [33:57] | would be back in those cages right now. | 会马上回到那些笼子里 | 
| [34:00] | So you sent the vanguard to make sure that he understood this? | 所以你派那些先锋去确保他明白此事 | 
| [34:06] | To prevent him from getting any ideas | 防止他有任何 | 
| [34:08] | about doing it again, yes. | 继续这么做的想法 是的 | 
| [34:16] | If you have something to add, | 如果你还有什么要说的 | 
| [34:18] | you should just fucking say it. | 你就他妈说出来 | 
| [34:19] | That’s not why you did it. | 那不是你这么做的原因 | 
| [34:20] | Really? Would you like to tell me why I did it, then? | 是吗 那你来告诉我我为何这么做吧 | 
| [34:25] | Well, I wasn’t there, | 我不在场 | 
| [34:27] | but, um, I’d hazard the guess | 但我不妨一猜 | 
| [34:31] | that you learned of what had happened, | 你从过去的事学到教训 | 
| [34:36] | told him how fucking stupid he was, | 告诉他他有多蠢 | 
| [34:39] | and in that moment, | 在那一刻 | 
| [34:40] | he gave you a look that amounted to something | 他的表情让人看不出 | 
| [34:43] | less than contrite. | 一丝懊悔 | 
| [34:44] | And in that moment, you felt it. | 而那一刻 你感觉到了 | 
| [34:48] | Felt what? | 感觉到什么 | 
| [34:50] | Darkness. | 阴暗 | 
| [34:54] | Hate. | 恨意 | 
| [34:56] | Showing indifference to the authority | 对你做出如此牺牲得来的权威 | 
| [34:59] | that you sacrificed so much to acquire, | 表现的冷漠 | 
| [35:03] | disdain for refusing to acknowledge | 拒绝承认 | 
| [35:07] | that his actions, had you not intervened, | 如果你不介入 他的行为 | 
| [35:09] | would have led to an outcome | 所带来的后果就会是 | 
| [35:10] | that he would have held you responsible for reversing. | 换你来承担这一切后果 | 
| [35:14] | Pride. | 傲慢 | 
| [35:17] | Questioning what kind of man you are | 质问着你是什么样的人 | 
| [35:20] | if you don’t seek retribution for the offense. | 如果你不对这种冒犯加以制裁的话 | 
| [35:25] | So what are you saying? | 所以你想表达的是什么 | 
| [35:28] | You saying I went too far with him? | 你觉得我做过头了吗 | 
| [35:32] | Maybe you went too far. | 也许你做过头了 | 
| [35:33] | Maybe you didn’t go far enough. | 也许是做得还不够 | 
| [35:34] | Maybe you did it just right. | 也许是刚刚好 | 
| [35:36] | The point is that while you were doing it, | 问题的关键是当你这么做的时候 | 
| [35:39] | you heard a voice telling you that disciplining him | 你内心的声音告诉你惩罚他 | 
| [35:44] | would prevent him from repeating the offense, | 会防止他再次冒犯你 | 
| [35:48] | a voice that sounded like reason, | 一个听起来合理的声音 | 
| [35:49] | and there was reason to it, | 也的确有一定道理 | 
| [35:51] | as the most compelling lies | 就像最有说服力的谎言 | 
| [35:54] | are comprised almost entirely of the truth. | 几乎都是由真相构成的 | 
| [36:00] | But that’s what it does. | 但就是这样 | 
| [36:04] | Cloaks itself in whatever it must | 只显露出它的表象 | 
| [36:06] | to move you to action. | 好让你继续下去 | 
| [36:08] | And the more you deny its presence, | 你越是否认它的存在 | 
| [36:09] | the more powerful it gets, | 它就变得越强 | 
| [36:12] | and the more likely it is to consume you entirely | 就越有可能把你消耗殆尽 | 
| [36:15] | without you ever even knowing it was there. | 你甚至不会知道它存在过 | 
| [36:21] | Now, if you and I are to lead these men together, | 如果你我要共同领导这些人 | 
| [36:28] | you must learn to know its presence well | 你必须学会知道它的存在 | 
| [36:32] | so that you may use it– rather than it use you. | 这样你就可以利用它 而非它利用你 | 
| [36:40] | You have some experience with this, I imagine, | 我猜你对此有经验 | 
| [36:43] | living in fear of such a thing within you? | 畏惧着你心中的这个东西的生活 | 
| [36:47] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 我有 | 
| [36:55] | I can’t tell if this was a warning | 我不知道这算是警告 | 
| [37:00] | or a welcome. | 还是欢迎 | 
| [37:56] | I need to make an offering at his burial. | 我想在他葬礼上给点什么 | 
| [38:00] | Something of mine that he can take with him. | 我的物件 可以随他而去 | 
| [38:09] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我… | 
| [38:12] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 | 
| [38:50] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [38:51] | I’m sorry. I didn’t get word until it was done. | 很抱歉 这事发生的毫无征兆 | 
| [38:53] | I came immediately. | 我一听说就赶来了 | 
| [38:54] | Well, what happened? | 出什么事了 | 
| [38:55] | The crew of the Shark is standing down. | 鲨鱼号的人员被解散了 | 
| [38:58] | The governor has scrapped his plans | 总督决定不把 | 
| [38:59] | to move Captain Vane off the island | 韦恩运出岛了 | 
| [39:01] | and then scheduled an accelerated trial | 他准备在拿骚这里 | 
| [39:03] | for the captain here in Nassau. | 加快对船长的审讯 | 
| [39:04] | Shit. When did they schedule it to begin? | 该死 他们准备什么时候开始 | 
| [39:07] | In the middle of the night. Last night. | 半夜 昨晚 | 
| [39:09] | It’s already happened. | 已经结束了 | 
| [39:10] | You said there was no judge appointed here. | 你说过这里没有被指派过法官 | 
| [39:12] | It was supposed to take days before they could start the process. | 在他们展开审讯之前本该还有几天 | 
| [39:14] | They appointed a judge, they impaneled a jury. | 他们指派法官 选了陪审团 | 
| [39:16] | It was over before anyone knew it began. | 在有人意识到发生什么之前就已经结束了 | 
| [39:19] | Where is Vane now? | 韦恩现在在哪 | 
| [39:20] | Still in the fort. | 还在堡垒 | 
| [39:21] | But when I left the street, | 但我从街上过来时 | 
| [39:22] | they were carrying the timber to assemble a gallows in the square. | 他们正拿着木材去广场搭建绞刑架 | 
| [39:27] | They mean to hang him today. | 他们想今天绞死他 | 
| [39:36] | The governor is still in need of bed rest, | 总督还需要卧床休息 | 
| [39:38] | but Dr. Marcus will inform us when that situation changes. | 不过如果情况有变 马库斯医生会通知我们的 | 
| [39:40] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 | 
| [39:54] | When the governor arrived and the island embraced him, | 总督到来时 这座岛接受了他 | 
| [39:57] | a bargain was struck. | 达成了一个契约 | 
| [40:00] | Authority was ceded, in exchange for which the law returned. | 权力让步 换来了法制 | 
| [40:05] | Law, which constrained that authority, | 约束权力的法律 | 
| [40:08] | made outcomes more predictable. | 让后果更加能够预料 | 
| [40:10] | But this outcome would seem most unpredictable. | 但这个结果看来是最难以预料的 | 
| [40:14] | The law was adhered to. | 法律是用来遵守的 | 
| [40:17] | If the bargain changes, | 如果契约有变 | 
| [40:18] | there is no telling what else will change as a result– | 结果其他什么会随之改变 谁都说不准 | 
| [40:22] | what trust may be lost | 信任会流失 | 
| [40:24] | and what chaos may abound. | 混乱比比皆是 | 
| [40:30] | I am your friend, | 我是你的朋友 | 
| [40:33] | and I will help you weather whatever challenges | 无论遇到什么挑战 无论你选择走哪条路 | 
| [40:36] | may lie down whatever road you may choose, | 我都会帮你平安度过 | 
| [40:40] | but as your friend, I am simply asking you | 但作为你的朋友 我只是请求你 | 
| [40:42] | to consider how treacherous this road may be– | 想一想这条路会是多么背信弃义 | 
| [40:46] | while there is still time to avoid it. | 而你现在还有后悔的机会 | 
| [40:50] | No one is taking this decision lightly, I assure you. | 我向你保证 这不是草率决定的 | 
| [40:53] | This is no attempt to circumvent the law. | 这不是想要绕过法律 | 
| [40:56] | Indeed, the governor felt that it was necessary | 而是总督认为有必要这么做 | 
| [40:58] | in order to protect it. | 来维护法律的正义 | 
| [41:03] | It was a hard choice. | 这个选择很难 | 
| [41:07] | But an earnest one. | 但也很值得 | 
| [42:02] | I assume you understand what is to happen, | 我想这一切开始发生时 | 
| [42:06] | as soon as everything begins. | 你就明白会发生什么 | 
| [42:10] | It’ll be loud, confusing. | 这世界喧嚣而令人迷惑 | 
| [42:15] | Men who’ve never experienced fear | 都说从未感觉到恐惧的人 | 
| [42:17] | are said to know it for the first time. | 从最开始就明白这一点 | 
| [42:21] | But in this moment, there is quiet. | 但在这一刻 万物寂静 | 
| [42:25] | An opportunity to find some measure of peace. | 一个找到某种平静的机会 | 
| [42:30] | I would like to help you do that. | 我想帮你做到 | 
| [42:32] | You’ve done this before? | 你以前这么做过吗 | 
| [42:36] | I have. | 做过 | 
| [42:38] | Regretfully, I have. | 很遗憾 我做过 | 
| [42:41] | Get many takers, do you? | 有很多人信吧 | 
| [42:44] | For the kind of peace you’re offering? | 信你所谓的平静 | 
| [42:48] | It is a different experience | 这和你想象中的相比 | 
| [42:50] | to what you may imagine it being. | 是完全不同的体验 | 
| [42:54] | Surely a man like you has faced death before, | 像你这般的人无疑也曾面对过死亡 | 
| [42:56] | but never so nakedly. | 但从未如此赤裸 | 
| [42:59] | And cloaked in glory or sacrifice, | 你披着光荣或牺牲的外衣 | 
| [43:02] | fully exposed in all its horror and finality. | 完全暴露在死亡所有的恐怖和终结面前 | 
| [43:07] | In this moment, you have the opportunity | 在这一刻 你有机会 | 
| [43:09] | to enter into that moment with a clear conscience. | 问心无愧地去往那一刻 | 
| [43:15] | I can help you do that. | 我可以帮你 | 
| [43:18] | To repent. | 忏悔 | 
| [43:22] | I have nothing to repent for with you. | 我没什么要对你忏悔的 | 
| [43:26] | Don’t you? | 是吗 | 
| [43:34] | I understand the code you subscribe to. | 我明白你所遵循的原则 | 
| [43:38] | I understand you believe your violence | 我明白你认为 | 
| [43:40] | is justified in the name of a defiance of tyranny, | 你反抗暴政的暴行是正义的 | 
| [43:44] | but there are mothers who buried their sons because of you. | 但因为你 有些母亲要埋葬自己的儿子 | 
| [43:48] | Wives widowed because of you. | 因为你 有些妻子变成了寡妇 | 
| [43:52] | Children awoken in their sleep | 因为你 有些孩子醒来后 | 
| [43:54] | to be told their father was never coming home because of you. | 得知他们的父亲再也不会回来了 | 
| [43:57] | What kind of a man can experience no remorse from this? | 什么样的人会对此没有一丝悔意 | 
| [44:00] | Whatever remorse I have or do not have is my own. | 我有无悔意是我自己的事 | 
| [44:04] | That I choose not to share it with you, | 那些我不会跟你说的话 | 
| [44:08] | says more about you than it does about me. | 是你更想听但于我无益 | 
| [44:14] | Me? | 我 | 
| [44:16] | I am a shepherd | 我是个牧羊人 | 
| [44:18] | sent to help you find a path to God’s forgiveness. | 我的存在就是让你得到上帝的宽恕 | 
| [44:21] | A shepherd? | 牧羊人 | 
| [44:25] | You are the sheep. | 你是羊 | 
| [44:32] | And whatever I have to say to God, | 如果我有话要对上帝说 | 
| [44:33] | I’ll tell him myself or not at all. | 要么亲自告诉祂要么就缄口不言 | 
| [44:41] | When our lord governor arrived here, | 总督大人到这以后 | 
| [44:45] | he promised you things. | 对你们做出了承诺 | 
| [44:49] | Order. Prosperity. | 秩序 繁荣 | 
| [44:52] | How many men are with you? | 你带了多少人来 | 
| [44:54] | A dozen. | 十几个 | 
| [44:56] | I don’t know how far they’ll go. | 我不知道他们能不能得手 | 
| [44:57] | Not in the face of all that out there. | 毕竟有那么多卫兵把守 | 
| [45:00] | That’ll have to be enough. | 十几个人就够了 | 
| [45:01] | Position your men around the crowd. | 把他们安排在人群四周 | 
| [45:03] | Tell them to be ready to move. | 告诉他们做好行动准备 | 
| [45:05] | I’m gonna try to shout him down, | 我会大喊引起他的注意 | 
| [45:07] | raise Eleanor Guthrie, raise whatever I have to | 吸引埃莉诺·格斯里和所有人的注意 | 
| [45:09] | to try and strike a chord. | 从而引起人们的共鸣 | 
| [45:10] | Turn as much of that crowd as I can in our favor. | 尽最大可能让大家向着我们说话 | 
| [45:13] | Your men should take my lead. | 你的手下要听我的指挥 | 
| [45:14] | Hopefully it’ll be enough to start a frenzy, | 希望这样能引起狂乱 | 
| [45:16] | cause enough confusion to break the ranks of the soldiers. | 混乱到可以击溃卫兵的阵线 | 
| [45:19] | Then in the chaos of it, | 在那样一片混乱中 | 
| [45:20] | we’ll make a move to free Captain Vane. | 我们就能采取行动救出韦恩船长 | 
| [45:23] | Go. | 去吧 | 
| [45:27] | Men who are not men at all, | 他根本算不上人 | 
| [45:30] | but beasts governed by the base instinct, | 就是只被本能控制着的禽兽 | 
| [45:32] | incapable of anything but the most primal behaviors. | 除了原始的欲望以为什么都不懂 | 
| [45:38] | A constant threat to every decent, | 他的存在一直威胁着每一个正派的 | 
| [45:40] | God-fearing citizen among us. | 敬畏上帝的人民 | 
| [45:43] | As long as those men roam free, | 一旦这样的人逍遥法外 | 
| [45:46] | strife will endure, fear will abound, | 就会冲突不断 恐惧比比皆是 | 
| [45:50] | and progress will elude us. | 社会就无法进步 | 
| [45:53] | Today marks the silencing of the most disruptive of those voices | 今天标志着这些破坏分子就此消亡 | 
| [45:59] | and a step towards the return of civilization in Nassau. | 也标志着文明之光将再次照耀拿骚的土地 | 
| [46:04] | But we must always remember | 但我们要始终记得 | 
| [46:06] | however strong the need for the removal of these traitors, | 无论想除掉这些叛徒的愿望有多么强烈 | 
| [46:09] | these relics of a more savage age, | 都是野蛮时代思想的残留 | 
| [46:12] | there is no relish in this moment, | 这一刻不掺杂私人恩怨 | 
| [46:16] | but there is righteousness | 只有公平正义 | 
| [46:18] | and comfort in the knowledge that… | 以及将罪人绳之于法的欣慰… | 
| [46:21] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 | 
| [46:22] | Wait. | 等一下 | 
| [46:23] | Billy, they’re about to tie the noose. | 比利 他们都要系索套了 | 
| [46:24] | I know, just… | 我知道… | 
| [46:28] | wait. | 不要行动 | 
| [46:28] | …and that God’s will | …上帝的意愿 | 
| [46:30] | will be done again in Nassau. | 将会再次在拿骚得以实现 | 
| [46:38] | Bastard! Hang him! | 畜生 绞死他 | 
| [46:42] | Does the condemned have anything to say | 死刑犯在临刑前 | 
| [46:45] | before the sentence is carried out? | 还有什么话要说吗 | 
| [46:56] | These men who brought me here today | 今天把我带到这里的人 | 
| [46:59] | do not fear me. | 并不惧怕我 | 
| [47:03] | They brought me here today because they fear you. | 他们今天把我摆在这里是因为他们惧怕你们 | 
| [47:09] | Because they know that my voice, | 因为他们知道我的心愿 | 
| [47:11] | a voice that refuses to be enslaved, | 我那拒绝被奴役的心愿 | 
| [47:15] | once lived in you. | 也曾是你们的心愿 | 
| [47:17] | And may yet still. | 也许依旧是你们的心愿 | 
| [47:23] | They brought me here today to show you death | 他们今天公开审判我是让你们看到死亡 | 
| [47:26] | and use it to frighten you | 并以此来恐吓你们 | 
| [47:28] | into ignoring that voice. | 让你们放弃那种心愿 | 
| [47:32] | But know this. | 但你们要明白 | 
| [47:35] | We are many. They are few. | 我们人多势众而他们寡不敌众 | 
| [47:40] | To fear death is a choice. | 你们可以惧怕死亡 | 
| [47:44] | And they can’t hang us all. | 但他们无法绞死我们所有人 | 
| [47:58] | Get on with it, motherfucker. | 动手吧 傻逼 | 
| [48:06] | Billy. | 比利 | 
| [48:09] | It’s all right. | 不要行动 | 
| [48:36] | Proceed. | 行刑 | 
| [49:32] | Now. Go. | 去帮他一把 | 
| [50:14] | Why? | 为什么这么做 | 
| [50:17] | It was the only way to start it. | 只有这样才能挑起 | 
| [50:21] | He knew it was the only way. | 他明白这是唯一的办法 | 
| [50:23] | Start what? | 挑起什么 | 
| [50:29] | Look at them. | 你看这些人 | 
| [50:37] | Men, move along. | 走开 | 
| [50:42] | The resistance in Nassau is now under way. | 拿骚的反抗马上就要开始了 | 
| [51:39] | Another sacrifice for the cause. | 这项计划的另一个牺牲品 | 
| [51:43] | And that chest of ours only gets heavier. | 我们的箱子只会变得更沉 | 
| [51:49] | How many, do you imagine? | 你估计有多少人 | 
| [51:51] | Soldiers in the English force. | 英军的人数 | 
| [51:52] | How many do you imagine we’ll face? | 你估计我们会迎战多少人 | 
| [51:55] | 500, more or less. | 差不多五百人 | 
| [52:03] | Is that so? | 真的吗 | 
| [52:04] | From what I saw, I’d say seven is a reasonable guess. | 依我看来 七百才算比较合理 | 
| [52:07] | And that’s assuming he doesn’t call in reinforcements | 那还是他不召集卡罗莱纳 弗吉尼亚 | 
| [52:10] | from Carolina, Virginia. | 的援兵的情况下 | 
| [52:13] | There’s no shortage of men eager to kill pirates these days. | 这段时间想绞杀海盗的人不愁找 | 
| [52:19] | I walked that beach today. | 我今天去海滩了一趟 | 
| [52:23] | The terrain inland may be to her advantage, | 内陆的地形可能会对她有利 | 
| [52:25] | but that beach is not. | 海滩则不然 | 
| [52:27] | The shore is too broad, the water too deep. | 海岸太宽 水太深 | 
| [52:29] | Their anchorages will get far closer to the sand than you’d like. | 他们的锚地远比你想的离岸近 | 
| [52:35] | Even with defensive positions engineered in the bluffs, | 就算在海崖处布下防守 | 
| [52:37] | it will be an uphill struggle | 想要对他们的着陆发起任何 | 
| [52:39] | to offer any meaningful resistance at all to their landings. | 实质性的抵抗都会是场恶战 | 
| [52:42] | All struggles are uphill. | 所有的抵抗都是恶战 | 
| [52:43] | That’s why they’re called struggles. | 所以才叫抵抗 | 
| [52:46] | That’s quite true. | 那倒不假 | 
| [52:48] | But there is an aspect to this particular struggle | 但我觉得对于这场恶战来说有益方面 | 
| [52:51] | I don’t believe you’ve yet cracked. | 你还没想到 | 
| [52:54] | I understand your tactical deployment of the Walrus. | 我明白你对海象号的战略部署 | 
| [52:58] | She’ll be massively outnumbered, but still a critical asset. | 它会面临严峻的敌我悬殊 但仍是关键棋子 | 
| [53:02] | I also understand you intend | 我也明白你有意让 | 
| [53:03] | to place your Mr. De Groot in command of her. | 德·格鲁特先生去指挥海象号 | 
| [53:07] | He’ll manage. | 他会胜任的 | 
| [53:09] | Yes, but he wasn’t your first choice. | 是 但他并非你的首选 | 
| [53:14] | It was supposed to be Charles, wasn’t it? | 本来应该是查尔斯的 对吧 | 
| [53:20] | Are you suggesting a better replacement? | 你是在提议有更佳人选吗 | 
| [53:23] | Me. | 我 | 
| [53:25] | England may have removed Charles Vane from our number, | 英军可能已经把查尔斯·韦恩从我方划掉了 | 
| [53:28] | but there is too much of him in me | 但我身上有太多他的影子 | 
| [53:30] | for England to fully will him away. | 英军肯定想彻底抹去这个人 | 
| [53:32] | In his absence, with everything that’s at stake, | 他不在 一切都危如累卵 | 
| [53:35] | I will be our Charles Vane. | 我会成为我们的查尔斯·韦恩 | 
| [53:53] | I’ve just come back from the beach, | 我刚从海滩回来 | 
| [53:56] | and I couldn’t help but notice | 我无法忽视 | 
| [53:56] | the three additional ships anchored in the bay | 在海湾多了三艘船 | 
| [53:59] | being outfitted for this battle right along with mine. | 整装待发 准备和我的船一起应战 | 
| [54:01] | Captain Hornigold will be sailing in consort with you, | 霍尼戈德船长会在他的民兵团的陪同下 | 
| [54:05] | accompanied by his private militia. | 和你一起驾船出海 | 
| [54:07] | Mr. Underhill has formed a special company of men | 昂德希尔先生已经从他的种植园用工中 | 
| [54:10] | from the ranks of his plantation staff, | 遴选出了一队人 | 
| [54:12] | men with experience hunting and capturing slaves. | 他们有狩猎和追捕奴隶的经验 | 
| [54:15] | I will not go into battle | 我不会和一群毫无组织纪律的 | 
| [54:17] | alongside undisciplined conscripts. | 应征士兵去打仗 | 
| [54:20] | The force I bring to bear | 不论前方是什么敌人 | 
| [54:21] | is sufficient to combat whatever awaits us. | 我带来的军队足以应对 | 
| [54:23] | Jesus. He wants the force you bring to bear. | 老天 他要的就是你带来的军队 | 
| [54:26] | He wants it. | 他要的就是那个 | 
| [54:28] | I know this enemy, Commodore. | 我了解这个敌人 准将 | 
| [54:30] | I know his mind. | 我知道他的心思 | 
| [54:34] | He took that cache with the express purpose | 他夺走金子的目的很明确 | 
| [54:36] | of compelling us to commit your force | 就是想迫使我们把你的军队 | 
| [54:38] | to a battlefield of his choosing. | 推向一场由他选择的战场 | 
| [54:40] | Your force is factored into his thinking. | 你的军队已经被他盯上了 | 
| [54:42] | He has planned for it. | 他打的算盘就是这个 | 
| [54:44] | And I assure you, | 我向你保证 | 
| [54:46] | if you allow him to dictate the terms of battle, | 如果战斗的规则你让他说了算 | 
| [54:48] | you court a disastrous outcome. | 毁灭性的结果就是你自找的 | 
| [54:52] | If he expects your force, | 如果他想要你的军队 | 
| [54:53] | then we must send that which he does not expect. | 那我们必须给他送去不想要的东西 | 
| [54:57] | For we will have victory against this enemy. | 因为我们将会从这个敌人手中赢得胜利 | 
| [54:59] | There simply is no alternative. | 没有别的选择 | 
| [55:33] | Just returned from around the point. | 刚从那儿绕回来 | 
| [55:36] | The word is spreading throughout the Bahamas | 消息传遍巴哈马群岛了 | 
| [55:40] | that the governor in Nassau hanged a pirate in his square. | 拿骚的总督在广场上绞死了一个海盗 | 
| [55:47] | Made an example of him, they say, | 他们说杀一儆百 | 
| [55:49] | to show that he is the steward of law and order | 来表明他才是西印度群岛的 | 
| [55:52] | in the West Indies. | 法律与秩序的大管家 | 
| [55:54] | He is resolved to be the Englishman | 他下定决心要成为新世界 | 
| [55:56] | who ends piracy in the New World. | 终结海盗时代的英国人 | 
| [56:02] | The pirate he hanged in the square | 为表明自己的立场 那个在广场上 | 
| [56:05] | to underscore his point… | 被他绞死的海盗 | 
| [56:08] | was Charles Vane. | 是查尔斯·韦恩 | 
| [56:14] | I have yet to inform the men, | 我还没跟大家说 | 
| [56:16] | as I imagine they’ll have questions | 因为我想他们会有些疑问 | 
| [56:18] | I don’t know how to answer, | 我不知道该怎么回答 | 
| [56:21] | so I wanted to ask you first. | 所以我想先来问问你 | 
| [56:27] | What do you want to do about it? | 你打算怎么做 |