时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | My word and your word will govern in concert or not at all. | 我和你的命令必须要有同等效力 否则一切免谈 |
[00:14] | And when I’m not present, | 当我不在场的时候 |
[00:15] | that word shall be given by my daughter. | 就由我的女儿来发号施令 |
[00:17] | They say you are inseparable. | 他们说你俩形影不离 |
[00:19] | They say he relies upon you more than any other. | 说你是他最为信赖的人 |
[00:22] | I come on a mission of mercy. | 我来完成一个慈悲的任务 |
[00:23] | I come on behalf of Captain Flint. | 我代表弗林特船长而来 |
[00:28] | But if you insist on making me your villain, | 但你坚持要把我塑造成一个坏人 |
[00:31] | I’ll play the part. | 那我就当 |
[00:32] | From this moment on, | 从此时开始 |
[00:33] | any man participating in the act of high seas piracy | 任何参与公海海盗行为的人 |
[00:36] | will be presumed to be one of your men. | 将会被认定为是你的人 |
[00:38] | I will catch him and I will hang him. | 我会抓住他 并绞死他 |
[00:40] | Were I you, I might encourage Governor Rogers | 如果我是你 我应该会怂恿罗杰斯总督 |
[00:44] | not just to send the gold, | 不仅仅送金子 |
[00:46] | but the man responsible for stealing it in the first place. | 还要把最初偷金子的人一起送过去 |
[00:49] | Jack and the cache are to be moved aboard a secret caravan. | 杰克和珠宝将被马车秘密送往船上 |
[00:52] | If we can intercept that caravan, | 如果我们能拦截那辆马车 |
[00:54] | we can secure both the money to start our war | 我们就能确保开战所需的资金 |
[00:56] | and the partner to help us fight it. | 救出与我们同战的伙伴 |
[02:57] | Please, don’t touch that. | 求你了 别碰那个 |
[03:12] | All these things– | 这里的一切 |
[03:15] | porcelain, books… | 瓷器 书本 |
[03:21] | all so goddamn fragile. | 一切都如此脆弱 |
[03:27] | The energy it must take to maintain it all. | 要维护它们得花费多少力气 |
[03:30] | And for what? | 为了什么 |
[03:33] | I can understand a woman’s desire for domesticity, | 我能明白女人渴望安定 |
[03:37] | but a man’s? | 但男人如此 |
[03:40] | That I can’t understand. | 这我永远不能理解 |
[03:42] | I can’t understand how you cannot understand. | 我不能理解你为何会不理解 |
[03:49] | You have no instinct towards earning for yourself | 难道你没有本能想让自己过上 |
[03:52] | a life more comfortable? | 更舒适的生活吗 |
[03:55] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[03:59] | And had I that instinct, | 如果我有那种本能 |
[04:02] | I would resist it with every inch of will I could muster. | 我会尽我一切能力抵抗它 |
[04:06] | For that is the single most | 因为那就是敌人 |
[04:08] | dangerous weapon they possess, | 最危险的武器 |
[04:11] | the one they tempt. | 以此来诱惑我们 |
[04:13] | “Give us your submission, | “投降吧 |
[04:15] | and we will give you the comfort you need.” | 我们就会给你想要的舒适” |
[04:20] | No, I can think of no measure of comfort worth that price. | 不 我想没有任何一种舒适值得让我付出如此代价 |
[04:27] | This is taking too long. | 我们已经等太久了 |
[04:29] | No sign of Featherstone’s man. | 费瑟斯通的人还没有消息 |
[04:31] | No word on what route they’ll take Jack across the island. | 我们仍然不知道杰克会从哪条路经过 |
[04:35] | Word was Jack would be underway by noon. | 据说杰克中午就会出发 |
[04:38] | If we wait here any longer, | 如果我们再等下去 |
[04:39] | either we’re gonna miss him | 我们和可能会错过他 |
[04:41] | or someone’s gonna find us hiding out here. | 或者被人发现我们在这里 |
[04:43] | No one will find us because no one’s looking for us. | 没有人会发现 因为没人在找我们 |
[04:47] | The war has left the island. | 战争已经离开了这座岛屿 |
[04:48] | They all saw it happen. | 他们都亲眼看见了 |
[04:51] | There are at least half a dozen routes | 罗杰斯有至少六条路线 |
[04:53] | that Rogers could choose to send Jack and the cache | 可以将杰克和珠宝 |
[04:55] | to meet the transport ship on the south coast. | 送到南岸的运输船上 |
[04:58] | We can’t afford to guess wrong. | 我们绝不能猜错 |
[05:00] | Can’t afford to guess? | 不能猜错 |
[05:02] | We can’t afford not to guess. | 我们不得不猜 |
[05:05] | We miss that caravan, you lose, what? | 如果错过了车队 你们会失去什么 |
[05:09] | Money? Your war? | 金钱 你的战争 |
[05:15] | What I got to lose ain’t something so easy to recover from. | 我失去的远比这些更珍贵 |
[05:18] | There is no “Your loss,” “His loss,” “My loss.” | 没有什么你的我的他的 |
[05:22] | This is not an either/or proposition. | 我们之间没有冲突 |
[05:25] | We’re all in this for our own reasons. | 我们都为了自己的理由而战 |
[05:28] | You want your partner back. He wants victory. | 你想救回你的同伴 他渴望胜利 |
[05:30] | I want to set my home aright. | 我想夺回我的家园 |
[05:32] | But we must hold the line and stand together. | 但我们必须团结一心抵御外敌 |
[05:35] | We must. | 必须如此 |
[05:37] | There’s simply no alternative. | 不容讨价还价 |
[05:41] | There’s a rider approaching. | 有一队骑兵正在向我们逼近 |
[05:42] | – Is it Featherstone’s man? – It is. Here he comes. | -是费瑟斯通的人吗 -是的 他来了 |
[06:03] | That’s for you. | 那是给你的 |
[06:08] | Consider that your share. | 把这当做是你应得的吧 |
[06:11] | For the company. | 为了感谢你的陪伴 |
[06:14] | I suspect I’ll be leaving shortly. | 我猜我很快就要离开这里了 |
[06:17] | Don’t despair. | 别难过 |
[06:18] | Some other poor bastard’ll take my place soon enough. | 很快就会有别的倒霉蛋来取代我 |
[06:22] | I wish I could assure you | 我真希望我能向你保证 |
[06:24] | that he would be as generous as I with his scraps. | 他跟我一样大方地分你一些食物残渣 |
[06:30] | Either way, you mustn’t settle | 不管怎么样 你都不能满足于 |
[06:32] | for whatever refuse finds its way into this cell. | 上这间牢房里找垃圾吃 |
[06:36] | There’s a whole world out there | 外面的世界很大 |
[06:38] | that every so often rewards ambition. | 等着有野心的人闯出名堂 |
[06:43] | Mark my words. | 记住我说的话 |
[06:45] | Today the crumbs, tomorrow the loaf. | 今天你吃的是面包屑 明天就是整块面包 |
[06:51] | Perhaps someday the whole damn boulangerie. | 也许有一天迎接你的是整个面包房 |
[06:58] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[07:35] | Be careful of the ammunition cases. | 小心弹药箱 |
[07:48] | Anne exchanged the cache for my release. | 安妮用珠宝换取了我的自由 |
[07:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:58] | This does not seem like a release. | 这看上去不像还我自由啊 |
[08:00] | Spain has demanded I deliver you along with the cache. | 西班牙命令我把你和珠宝一起带回去 |
[08:04] | I am told that once you and the cache arrive at Havana, | 只要把你和珠宝平安送到哈瓦那 |
[08:07] | my debt to Spain will be repaid. | 我欠西班牙的债就算清了 |
[08:10] | I did not appreciate having | 我也不喜欢 |
[08:11] | terms altered after the fact in this way, | 事后更改条件 |
[08:12] | but in this moment I am simply in no position to refuse them. | 但眼下我也没法拒绝他们 |
[08:18] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[08:19] | Perhaps you were right, | 也许你没说错 |
[08:21] | that in a place like this | 在这种地方 |
[08:22] | there is no progress without awful sacrifice. | 没有惨烈的牺牲就别想取得突破 |
[08:26] | – Make ready to depart. – Yes, sir! | -准备出发 -是 长官 |
[08:29] | If it’s any consolation, | 你的朋友没有受到伤害 |
[08:32] | no harm was done to your partner. | 如果这样说能让你好受些的话 |
[08:35] | She left the transaction unscathed. | 她交易完后毫发无伤地离开了 |
[08:38] | Ready, my lord. | 准备好了 大人 |
[08:39] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[08:43] | So she’s alive? Anne? | 所以安妮还活着 |
[08:44] | Prepare to mount up! | 准备出发 |
[08:45] | She is. You have my word. | 没错 我向你保证 |
[09:30] | So we are able to see the island, | 我们能看到岛屿 |
[09:32] | but the island cannot see us. | 但岛上的人却看不到我们 |
[09:34] | How is this possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[09:37] | Well, Mr. De Groot says that from this position, | 德·格鲁特先生说从沙滩上 |
[09:40] | when viewed from the beach, | 看向这个地方 |
[09:42] | our hull sits beneath the horizon | 我们的船体在海平面之下 |
[09:44] | while our masts are above it. | 只有桅杆在上面 |
[09:46] | Now, with the sails furled, | 收起帆时 |
[09:47] | the masts are too thin to be seen. | 桅杆太细了 看不到 |
[09:49] | Thus, our lookout has a view of the beach, | 所以我们的哨兵能看到海滩 |
[09:52] | but the beach has no view of him or us. | 但海滩上的人却看不到我们 |
[09:56] | It’s a neat trick, I must say. | 不得不说这个手段很高明 |
[09:59] | How does one determine this position, | 我们要如何确定这个位置 |
[10:01] | one in which we exist and don’t exist at the same time? | 能我们同时存在而又不存在 |
[10:05] | One waits for Mr. De Groot to finish speaking, | 德·格鲁特先生说完那番话 |
[10:08] | frowns thoughtfully, | 皱眉沉思 |
[10:10] | and then repeats phonetically what he said to the men. | 然后不停地重复着他对那些人说的话 |
[10:15] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[10:16] | all they let me do on this ship was cook. | 他们只让我在这艘船上做饭 |
[10:18] | I’m learning as fast as I can. | 我尽可能快速学习 |
[10:20] | Clearly. | 效果显然 |
[10:22] | Yes, something less than confidence-inspiring | 如果我承认我对此的无知 |
[10:24] | for the men, I would think, | 我想就没法 |
[10:26] | were I to admit the depths of my ignorance on the subject. | 鼓舞他们的士气了吧 |
[10:31] | What the men think of you– | 那些人对你的看法 |
[10:33] | your men and my men– | 你的人和我的人 |
[10:36] | would seem to be evolving as we speak. | 好像随着我们的交流而改变 |
[10:38] | Ah, yes. | 没错 |
[10:43] | The story about what happened last night | 昨天夜里发生的事 |
[10:46] | has been retold as many times | 传遍了这艘船上 |
[10:48] | as there are men on this ship. | 每一个人的耳中 |
[10:52] | You expressed your concern to me | 你向我表达出了你的担忧 |
[10:54] | that to truly partner with your captain, | 担心你和船长之间的合作关系 |
[10:57] | you would need to join him down a dark path. | 会让你和他走上一条黑暗之路 |
[11:02] | And that you fear it– | 因此你担心… |
[11:03] | it might lead you to a place | 一旦走上这条路 |
[11:05] | you would not be able to return from. | 就会无法回头 |
[11:10] | You’re concerned about me. | 你在关心我 |
[11:14] | The alliance between your crew and my people is critical. | 你我双方的联盟关系十分重要 |
[11:20] | Without it, we are all nowhere. | 没有了它 我们都不知何去何从 |
[11:22] | If your mind is not clear | 如果你的头脑不清醒 |
[11:24] | and the alliance cannot hold, | 这联盟就无法团结 |
[11:26] | all will be lost. | 就会失去一切 |
[11:29] | So, yes, I am concerned. | 所以 没错 我的确关心你 |
[11:35] | Hmm. Yes. | 好吧 |
[11:38] | Last night was not an experience | 昨晚的事 |
[11:39] | I hope to repeat anytime soon. | 近期不会再发生了 |
[11:44] | But my mind is clear. | 但我的头脑很清醒 |
[11:49] | Mr. Silver, I need to speak with you. | 西尔弗先生 我想和你谈谈 |
[11:52] | Alone, please. | 单独谈谈 可以吗 |
[12:20] | What the fuck happened? | 这他妈是怎么回事 |
[12:25] | In that… camp, | 在那营地的时候 |
[12:28] | they killed Parker. | 他们杀死了帕克 |
[12:30] | They killed Louis. | 杀死了路易斯 |
[12:32] | They killed Graves and they killed Simon. | 格雷夫斯和西蒙也命丧他们之手 |
[12:36] | They chose them from among us | 他们从我们这些人中选走了这四个人 |
[12:38] | to be tortured and killed. | 用刑折磨然后杀掉他们 |
[12:41] | And that one was the one doing the choosing. | 当时选人的就是这家伙 |
[13:24] | What is it you’re hiding from? | 你在逃避什么 |
[13:26] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[13:30] | I only meant I know you must be very busy, | 我知道你一定很忙 |
[13:34] | what with your responsibilities. | 身负如此重任 |
[13:37] | But to still be here so late in the morning, | 但此时已日上三竿而你还没走 |
[13:39] | I assume there’s something you’re avoiding. | 我猜你一定在躲着什么 |
[13:45] | For what it’s worth, | 不论出于什么目的 |
[13:47] | I believe the madam chose me for you | 我相信鸨母派我来服侍你 |
[13:49] | because I am new. | 就因为我是个新人 |
[13:52] | I have no notions about what you once were. | 我对你的过去不了解 |
[13:55] | No motive to gossip. | 也就没法传小道消息 |
[13:58] | Georgia. | 乔治娅 |
[14:00] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[14:03] | I know the games. | 我知道你在耍花招 |
[14:05] | I have played them all. | 这些招数我全都玩过 |
[14:09] | If you ever wish to be in my bed again, | 你要是还想跟我睡 |
[14:12] | that is the last one you will ever play with me. | 就别再跟我耍花招 |
[14:17] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[14:18] | Miss Guthrie’s downstairs. | 格斯里小姐在楼下 |
[14:21] | She’s asking for you. | 她找你有事 |
[14:37] | Yes? | 请进 |
[14:42] | What happened? | 什么事 |
[14:44] | The cache is in our possession. | 我们拿到珠宝了 |
[14:47] | It’s on its way as we speak | 我们说话这会 |
[14:48] | to the transport and then to Havana. | 它正被运往去哈瓦那的船上 |
[14:51] | With Jack. | 同去的还有杰克吧 |
[14:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:54] | The governor is seeing to it personally | 总督大人会亲眼看着 |
[14:56] | that the transport sets sail with its cargo. | 运输船装着货物起航 |
[14:59] | Within a matter of hours, | 过不了几个小时 |
[15:00] | the Spanish issue will be closed | 和西班牙的恩怨就会了结 |
[15:01] | and we will be free to move forward. | 我们就可以自由地着眼未来了 |
[15:05] | And Anne? | 安妮呢 |
[15:08] | The men said she was angered. | 手下人说她很愤怒 |
[15:10] | When she realized that Jack wasn’t there, | 当她意识到杰克没来 |
[15:13] | she let the cache go. | 就让人拿走了珠宝 |
[15:16] | Anne was unharmed. | 安妮毫发无损 |
[15:20] | – Unharmed? – Yes. | -毫发无损 -是的 |
[15:23] | I advised the governor to send eight men to the exchange | 我建议总督派八个人前去交易 |
[15:25] | to deter any attempt on her part to fight– | 打消她反抗的念头… |
[15:27] | When did she realize? | 她是什么时候意识到的 |
[15:29] | I’m sorry? | 意识到什么 |
[15:31] | That Jack was not there. | 意识到杰克不在那里 |
[15:33] | When did Anne realize that she had been lied to? | 安妮是什么时候意识到她被欺骗了 |
[15:36] | Was it before or after they secured the cache? | 是在他们拿到珠宝前还是在那之后 |
[15:40] | Before, I think. Why? | 应该是那之前吧 怎么这么问 |
[15:44] | When you told me this was to be, | 那时你告诉了我这场交易的实质 |
[15:46] | I was upset by the thought of having lied to Anne. | 一想到我们要欺骗安妮 我就很苦恼 |
[15:49] | I was devastated by the certainty | 一想到这样做会不可避免地 |
[15:51] | it would unavoidably lead to her death. | 让安妮送命 我就悲痛欲绝 |
[15:54] | For the moment she realized that Jack was not there, | 因为当她意识到杰克并不在那 |
[15:58] | that she had been crossed | 意识到她被人欺骗 |
[15:59] | and that she would likely never see him again, | 而且极有可能再也见不到他的时候 |
[16:02] | she would attempt to kill anyone she deemed responsible. | 她会试图杀了所有她认为要对此事负责的人 |
[16:07] | Eight? | 八个 |
[16:09] | You could have sent a thousand men. | 你本可以派一千个人去的 |
[16:11] | It would not have deterred her. | 那样也阻止不了她 |
[16:12] | And now you are saying to me | 你现在却告诉我 |
[16:14] | that she knew she had been crossed | 她知道自己被欺骗了 |
[16:16] | and chose to walk away to save herself? | 却为了自保而选择离开 |
[16:39] | Do you speak Spanish? | 你会说西班牙语吗 |
[16:42] | Beg pardon? | 什么 |
[16:44] | Habla español? | 会说西班牙语吗 |
[16:46] | A little. | 会一点 |
[16:48] | – You? – Hardly at all. | -你呢 -几乎不会 |
[16:51] | If I’m in Havana in a day or two, | 如果我在哈瓦那待上一两天 |
[16:52] | I assume I’ll be hearing a lot of it– | 估计会听到很多人说西班牙语 |
[16:55] | shouted by bitter old women in a crowd, | 苦大仇深的老太太在人群中的尖声叫骂 |
[16:59] | growled by angry officials. | 或者来自愤怒的官兵的低吼 |
[17:02] | It seems a rotten thing to wish upon anyone, | 就像一个即将客死异乡的人 |
[17:06] | an unflattering eulogy in an unfamiliar town. | 向别人祈求一份卑微的悼词 |
[17:10] | It’ll be quick, | 用不了多久 |
[17:12] | to whatever extent it sets your mind at ease. | 你一定会消除这些疑虑 |
[17:15] | The gold is theirs. | 金子归他们 |
[17:17] | The gems are theirs. | 宝石也归他们 |
[17:19] | They don’t need anything from you anymore, | 他们再也不会想从你身上得到什么 |
[17:20] | and as such they’re likely to want | 因此 他们很有可能 |
[17:22] | to put the entire affair behind them and move on. | 想把这件事彻底了结 向前看 |
[17:28] | I’m sorry. “If”? | 抱歉 你刚刚说”如果” |
[17:31] | Beg pardon? | 什么 |
[17:32] | You said, “If I’m in Havana.” | 你说 “如果我在哈瓦那待” |
[17:35] | In your mind this outcome is still in doubt. | 在你心里 你还是觉得这件事尚未成定局 |
[17:39] | Well, the odds are certainly in its favor, | 他们那边的胜算更大 这点无误 |
[17:45] | but it is by no means a certainty. | 但这绝不是件板上钉钉的事 |
[17:48] | How so exactly? | 能具体解释一下吗 |
[17:50] | You said Anne is alive, did you not? | 你说安妮还活着 对吗 |
[17:53] | I would argue as long as that is true, | 我认为 只要你说的是真的 |
[17:55] | there’s a chance, however remote, | 那她就有可能 虽然可能性极小 |
[17:57] | that she will frustrate your efforts to send me off to my death. | 会前来阻止你们费尽心思把我送上死路 |
[18:01] | Out of curiosity, | 出于好奇 |
[18:02] | how would she go about doing that? | 我想知道她会怎么做 |
[18:03] | Well, I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[18:06] | Everything and anything in her power, I imagine, | 做她力所能及的一切事吧 我想 |
[18:08] | up to and including walking out | 最多也只能半路杀出来 |
[18:10] | in the middle of the road ahead of us | 挡在我们要走的路前面 |
[18:11] | to be run over by your horses | 让你们的马从她身上踏过去 |
[18:13] | in the hope of slowing you down for even a moment. | 希望能拖住你们 哪怕只是一会 |
[18:20] | It is fascinating to me | 有件事我很感兴趣 |
[18:22] | how stubbornly you people expect | 就是你们明知有些事不可能 |
[18:24] | the unlikeliest of outcomes | 却仍固执地抱有希望 |
[18:27] | because you prefer them. | 只是因为你们更喜欢这样的结果 |
[18:28] | You expect the world to become what you want it to be | 你们希望这个世界成为你们所期望的样子 |
[18:30] | despite all available evidence and experience to the contrary. | 尽管所有证据和经验都站在你们的对立面 |
[18:34] | This was not the way I’d hoped this affair would play out. | 我也不希望这件事最后发展成这样 |
[18:39] | But I can assure you | 但我可以跟你保证 |
[18:40] | it is most certainly not going to play out | 事情也绝对不会像 |
[18:41] | the way you hope it will either, | 你所希望的那样发展 |
[18:43] | because even to stand in the road ahead of us, | 因为 即使她想站在路上挡住我们 |
[18:46] | she would have to know which road to stand in. | 她也得知道要站在哪条路上 |
[18:49] | You held the route secret. | 你封锁了这条路线的消息 |
[18:51] | I held a number of potential routes secret, | 很多潜在路线的消息都被我封锁了 |
[18:53] | before settling upon this one. | 在我们出发以前 |
[18:56] | So that even if the secrets were compromised, | 所以即使走漏了风声 |
[18:59] | anyone intending to hit us would be more than likely | 任何想追击我们的人只会更有可能 |
[19:01] | in possession of the wrong route. | 走上错误的路线 |
[19:15] | Let me be sure I have this right. | 我再确认一遍 |
[19:17] | So the plan to recover the stolen cache of gems– | 归还那批被盗珠宝的计划 |
[19:19] | your plan to recover the stolen cache of gems | 就是你提出的那个计划 |
[19:22] | has worked in exactly the manner you suggested it would. | 已经完全按照你们的建议实施了 |
[19:25] | Only now you believe this is a bad thing– | 可是现在你们觉得这有问题 |
[19:28] | evidence of a plan to rescue Mr. Rackham | 因为有人可能营救拉克姆先生 |
[19:31] | and once again recover the cache of gems. | 并再一次夺走珠宝 |
[19:33] | That is what you’re suggesting, yes? | 这是你们的意思 是吧 |
[19:34] | I can understand why this may be hard to believe, | 我能理解这可能难以置信 |
[19:37] | but I know Anne Bonny well enough | 但我太了解安妮·伯妮了 |
[19:38] | to know that it is a certainty something here is amiss. | 我知道肯定有什么事不对劲 |
[19:41] | That her behavior should coincide | 她作出这些古怪举动前的几个小时 |
[19:44] | with the presence of Captain Flint on the island only hours before | 弗林特船长刚好出现在这岛上 |
[19:47] | most certainly points to a plot being underway. | 这意味着一定有什么阴谋诡计 |
[19:49] | I beg your pardon. | 等一下 |
[19:50] | So now Captain Flint is somehow involved in this plot | 这么说弗林特船长还跟这阴谋有关 |
[19:53] | despite the fact that his ship left the island hours ago? | 而他的船几小时前才刚离开小岛 |
[19:55] | And I am to redeploy men into the interior away from Nassau Town, | 你要我重新部署人力离开拿骚去到内陆 |
[19:59] | leaving their positions undefended? | 留着他们的空位不加防御 |
[20:01] | I’m sorry, are you suggesting there’s some ulterior motive here? | 你是说我们有什么不可告人的动机吗 |
[20:04] | I’m suggesting that simply because the governor | 我想说虽然总督 |
[20:06] | decided to put his… trust in you, | 决定…相信你 |
[20:10] | I have no intention of doing the same. | 但我不会像他一样信任你 |
[20:12] | The situation is well in hand. | 局面被牢牢掌控着 |
[20:13] | Thank you for your concern. | 多谢你的关心 |
[20:14] | Well in hand? | 牢牢掌控吗 |
[20:15] | I’m telling you the situation is potentially | 我告诉你局面很有可能 |
[20:17] | about to get entirely out of hand. | 就要完全失控了 |
[20:18] | You’re not fucking hearing me. | 你他妈根本没听进去 |
[20:22] | Even if somebody wanted to move against the governor’s caravan, | 即使有人想要攻击总督的队伍 |
[20:26] | they wouldn’t know where to find the governor’s caravan. | 他们也不可能知道队伍在哪 |
[20:29] | The route was altered multiple times. | 线路被改过好几次 |
[20:30] | False schedules were distributed. | 假计划被传开了 |
[20:32] | Nobody knows exactly when they were set to leave. | 没人准确知道他们什么时候出发 |
[20:33] | Nobody knows what route they finally decided upon. | 没人知道他们最后定的是那条线路 |
[20:35] | – Nobody knows who– – I know. | -没人知道是谁… -我知道 |
[20:38] | I know the route. | 我知道线路 |
[20:40] | A boy in my employ saw scouts | 我一个手下昨天深夜 |
[20:42] | on the west trail road late last night. | 在西边小道看到侦查员了 |
[20:44] | That is it, is it not? | 就是那条 不是吗 |
[20:48] | I am assuming you did not send men to scout the decoy routes? | 我想你不会派人去侦查假的线路吧 |
[20:54] | Did you tell anyone what your boy has told you? | 你把这消息告诉过其他人吗 |
[20:57] | No. | 没有 |
[20:58] | And would your boy sell his information without your knowledge? | 你手下会背着你把信息卖给谁吗 |
[21:02] | – No. – Good. | -不会 -那就好 |
[21:05] | Then we have nothing to fucking worry about. | 那我们没什么可担心的 |
[21:07] | Ladies. | 再见 |
[21:23] | Fuck your pride. | 让你的尊严见鬼去吧 |
[21:25] | If I can swallow mine to be standing here, | 如果我放下尊严就为站在这里 |
[21:27] | you’ll do the same to listen. | 你也能放下尊严听我说 |
[21:32] | Because if you and I can’t figure out | 因为如果我们不能 |
[21:34] | a way to work together in this moment, | 此刻联手想出解决办法 |
[21:36] | everything may be lost. | 一切将付之东流 |
[21:42] | How many people know about this? | 有多少人知道这件事 |
[21:44] | No one outside that room. | 知道的人都在那间屋子里 |
[21:47] | In less than an hour, | 不到一小时之内 |
[21:48] | I need to move this ship to the coast | 我们就要靠岸 |
[21:50] | to retrieve our captain and a fortune in gems | 去找回我们的船长和财宝 |
[21:52] | upon which the lives of well over a thousand people depend. | 一千多人的幸福生活就靠此一举了 |
[21:56] | Now that is all going up in smoke | 而现在一切都将化为乌有 |
[21:58] | because Mr. Dobbs cannot control his anger. | 因为道布森先生不能控制自己的怒火 |
[22:02] | It don’t have to. | 不一定会这样 |
[22:05] | No. | 怎么不会 |
[22:07] | If we let him leave that room, | 如果我们放他出去 |
[22:09] | he’s going to tell his men what happened | 他将告诉他的手下发生的事 |
[22:10] | and we’re going to have a war on our hands. | 我们将有一场恶战要打 |
[22:11] | I understand that, | 这我明白 |
[22:12] | but the answer is not going to be | 但解决方法不会是 |
[22:13] | finishing what Dobbs started and murdering that man. | 杀了那个人来结束道布森搞出的麻烦 |
[22:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:22] | Then we put a knife in his hands | 那我们给他把刀 |
[22:24] | and we let him even the score. | 让他有怨报怨 |
[22:26] | For reasons passing understanding, | 尽管难以置信 |
[22:27] | Mr. Dobbs still has a number of friends on this crew. | 道布森先生在船员之中仍有不少朋友 |
[22:30] | How do we explain his disappearance to them? | 他失踪的话我们该怎么向他们解释 |
[22:35] | This story is getting out, | 这件事很快就会传出去 |
[22:37] | and when it does, all hell is going to break loose. | 到时会万劫不复 |
[22:42] | Then what do we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[23:07] | This is the man responsible. | 他是这件事的主谋 |
[23:09] | He’s the only man responsible. | 需要追究的只有他一个人 |
[23:13] | I suggest you and I address the combined crew together. | 我建议你我一同向双方船员解释 |
[23:17] | This man will be held to account and punished | 这个人会被追究责任 |
[23:20] | swiftly and severely. | 并很快受到严重的处罚 |
[23:53] | May I have a knife, please? | 请给我把刀 好吗 |
[24:48] | Wait a minute. Hold on. | 等一下 等等 |
[24:51] | Until I know what he’s going to say, | 除非我知道他将对其他人说些什么 |
[24:54] | I can’t let anyone walk out of here. | 否则我不能让任何人离开这里 |
[24:56] | He isn’t going to say anything. | 他什么都不会说 |
[24:58] | He has to say something. | 他总要说些什么吧 |
[25:01] | He’s going to say that he spoke impertinently to me, | 他会说他对我出言无状 |
[25:05] | Kofi took offense, | 惹怒了科菲 |
[25:07] | and it will not be spoken of again. | 这件事不必再提 |
[25:10] | Just like that. | 就这么简单 |
[25:12] | Yes. Now let him go. | 是的 让他走吧 |
[25:31] | If he says a word — | 如果他走漏了风声… |
[25:32] | When I speak, my men listen, | 当我发话时 我的人会听从 |
[25:36] | and they do as I say. | 他们会照我说的去做 |
[25:54] | A secret caravan to move Rackham to a secret transport, | 一辆秘密马车将拉克姆送往一个秘密地点 |
[25:57] | and no one knows about this but you. | 除了你没有别人知情 |
[25:59] | Me, the governor, his cabinet, | 我 总督 他的内阁 |
[26:01] | eight dragoons, their quartermaster, the carriage driver — | 八名骑兵 他们的舵手 马车夫 |
[26:04] | plenty of people know about it, just not you. | 很多人都知情 你不知道罢了 |
[26:08] | And you believe there’s a plot underway | 你认为有人密谋 |
[26:10] | to attack this secret caravan — | 攻击这辆秘密马车 |
[26:12] | A plot that somehow involves Captain Flint, | 而这场密谋莫名涉及了弗林特船长 |
[26:14] | whom everyone saw sail into open water hours ago. | 尽管每个人都看到他几小时前就出海去了 |
[26:17] | Jesus! Chamberlain can ignore this. | 天哪 张伯伦可以无视我 |
[26:20] | He doesn’t know me, he doesn’t know Bonny, he doesn’t know Flint. | 他不了解我 也不了解伯妮或弗林特 |
[26:24] | Now, if it turns out that I’m right about this, | 如果到时证明我是对的 |
[26:26] | he’ll look like a fool, | 他会看起来像个白痴 |
[26:27] | but at least his ignorance | 但至少他对这些人的无知 |
[26:28] | of the players involved will be some defense. | 可以被当做某种借口 |
[26:30] | If you choose to ignore me, | 如果你选择无视我 |
[26:31] | it will be far harder for you to find an excuse. | 到时你想找借口可要难多了 |
[26:34] | I watched it depart, the Walrus. | 我眼看着海象号离开 |
[26:38] | Had a man with a glass watching her set sail, | 安排了人用望远镜盯着船起航 |
[26:40] | watching her clear the horizon and disappear… | 看着那船消失在地平线… |
[26:42] | Do you know what? I don’t have time for this. | 我没工夫跟你耗下去 |
[26:44] | …except for the glints of light. | …除了偶尔闪烁的光 |
[26:49] | What? | 什么 |
[26:50] | I had my man keep his glass to the spot on the horizon | 我让我手下的人一直用望远镜盯着地平线 |
[26:53] | where the Walrus disappeared. | 海象号消失的那个点 |
[26:55] | And roughly every 15 minutes, | 大约每15分钟 |
[26:56] | he reported seeing glints of light from her last position. | 他都报告说在她消失的方向看到了闪烁的光 |
[27:00] | What the fuck does that mean? | 那他妈是什么意思 |
[27:01] | Oh, it could mean nothing. | 可能毫无意义 |
[27:04] | Random artifact of sunlight off the water. | 荡漾的水面反射的阳光 |
[27:08] | Or it could be the reflection of a spyglass upon one of her masts. | 或者可能是她桅杆上的监视望远镜反射的光 |
[27:12] | The ship beneath bare poles, | 那艘船没有扬帆 |
[27:13] | waiting silently, invisibly, for a signal to return. | 静静地 无形地 等待着返航的信号 |
[27:19] | I beat him, | 我击败了他 |
[27:20] | and then I watched him return from the dead to negate my victory, | 又眼看着他死而复生否定了我的胜利 |
[27:24] | to watch his partner murder mine | 眼看着他的同伙谋杀我的同伙 |
[27:26] | and aggravate the affront. | 进一步羞辱我 |
[27:29] | You and I have our history, | 你我有着复杂的过去 |
[27:31] | but Flint and I have unfinished business of a far more serious sort. | 但是我和弗林特还有一件更严肃的事没解决 |
[27:46] | My father was a tailor in Leeds. | 我父亲曾是利兹的裁缝 |
[27:54] | As was his father | 祖父也是裁缝 |
[27:55] | and his father’s father. | 曾祖父也是 |
[27:58] | Time was if a man on the Avondale Road | 在那时 如果有人在埃文代尔街上问起 |
[28:00] | asked where he might find the finest clothes in northern England, | 在英格兰北部哪儿能买到最好的衣服 |
[28:03] | he was pointed toward the shop of a man named Rackham. | 就会有人给他引荐一家叫做拉克姆的人开的店 |
[28:06] | Then the men who sell wool | 后来羊毛商们 |
[28:08] | decide they’d prefer not to compete | 决心不愿再与 |
[28:09] | with the men who imported fine cotton. | 优质棉布的进口商们做竞争 |
[28:11] | And as the men who sell wool | 因为羊毛商们 |
[28:12] | have the ears of the men who make laws, | 和政府部门勾结上了 |
[28:15] | an embargo is enacted to increase profits | 颁布了限制贸易令来扩大他们的利益 |
[28:19] | and calico disappears. | 印花棉布也就此消失 |
[28:21] | And my father’s business | 而我的父亲 |
[28:23] | that he inherited from his father | 从他父亲那里 |
[28:25] | and his father’s father | 从他祖父那里继承的事业 |
[28:27] | begins to wither and die. | 日渐衰落直至结束 |
[28:31] | And my father suffers the compound shame of financial failure | 之后我父亲因财务状况饱受羞辱 |
[28:35] | seen through the eyes of his son | 这一切都被我看在眼里 |
[28:38] | and descended into drink. | 后来他每天饮酒度日 |
[28:42] | I’d sit beside him as a boy at the Sunday service | 做礼拜的时候我一个小男孩坐在他旁边 |
[28:45] | as he shouted at the pastor, at the altar– | 当他对着牧师 对着圣坛 |
[28:49] | at anyone who’d listen, really– | 对着能听到的任何人 |
[28:51] | at the injustice of it all. | 对着一切的不公正大吼大叫 |
[28:54] | And I’d put my arm over his shoulder | 他开始破口大骂的时候 |
[28:55] | as the insults began, | 我会把胳膊搭在他肩膀上 |
[28:58] | help carry him out of the church. | 帮助他逃出教堂 |
[29:00] | God, the insults. | 老天爷 那些辱骂声 |
[29:03] | At his funeral, our neighbors were kind enough | 在他的葬礼上 街坊们轻声低骂 |
[29:06] | to whisper them rather than call them out loud. | 而不是大声咒骂 已经够客气了 |
[29:09] | So, I set to work, | 如此 我开始了工作 |
[29:11] | determined to rebuild what had been taken away. | 决心要重建我们家族被夺走的事业 |
[29:14] | I was 13 years old. But I was determined… | 我那时十三岁 但是我下定决心了… |
[29:18] | …until a man arrived at my door, | …直到一个人来找我 |
[29:21] | claiming to hold debts belonging to my father. | 声称他是我父亲的债主 |
[29:25] | Debts accumulated as my father drank. | 债务是我父亲喝酒时积下的 |
[29:27] | Debts he claimed that now belonged to me. | 他声称现在由我负责偿还 |
[29:30] | Debts I could not possibly have hoped to repay. | 还清那笔债务对我来说是不可能的事 |
[29:34] | Debts over which this man would have seen me imprisoned– | 债务多到那个人可以把我囚禁起来 |
[29:37] | imprisoned in a place where the debts | 囚禁到一个债务 |
[29:41] | would have been discharged only through hard labor. | 只能用苦役清算的地方 |
[29:42] | Hard labor with no wages, working at– | 不给钱做苦功 让我做… |
[29:45] | wait for it– | 听仔细了 |
[29:47] | the production of textiles. | 纺织品的生产 |
[29:54] | “You people, | “你们这种人 |
[29:57] | incapable of accepting the world as it is,” | 接受不了世界的自然法则” |
[30:00] | says the man to whom the world handed everything. | 出自一个天生好命的人之口 |
[30:05] | If no Anne, if no rescue, | 如果安妮没来 没有营救行动 |
[30:08] | if this is defeat for me, then know this. | 如果这是我的毁灭 那么记住 |
[30:10] | You and I were neck and neck in this race right till the end. | 你和我在这场竞赛中直到最后都不分上下 |
[30:14] | But, Jesus, did I make up a lot of ground to catch you. | 但是 上帝 我比你付出得多太多了 |
[30:19] | You think the world’s been that kind to me? | 你觉得这世界善待我了是吗 |
[30:22] | That I’m that much softer than you? | 我过得比你舒适多了 |
[30:24] | That much more fortunate? | 比你幸运多了 |
[30:26] | Wealthy family, inherited Daddy’s shipping business, | 生于富贵人家 继承父亲的船业 |
[30:29] | married rich… I read your book. | 娶了家财万贯的夫人… 我读过你的书 |
[30:32] | But there are things you leave out of the book. | 但是有些事在书中略掉了 |
[30:35] | Things you leave out because if it got around polite society | 略掉那些事是因为如果上流社会传开了 |
[30:37] | what you’re capable of when pushed, | 窘境下的人能做出什么事 |
[30:40] | they might stop inviting you to their dinner parties. | 他们可能不会再邀请你去晚宴了 |
[30:44] | All you know about me is what I want you to know. | 你了解到的我仅限于我想让你知道的 |
[30:53] | Riders! | 发现骑兵 |
[30:55] | Riders approaching! | 骑兵在逼近 |
[30:56] | Defend the governor! | 保护总督 |
[31:01] | Captain, fall back and engage! | 上尉 后退 进攻 |
[31:03] | – Defend the left flank! – Fall back! | -守护好左翼 -后退 |
[31:19] | They’re gaining, sir! | 他们在逼近 长官 |
[31:25] | Defend the governor! | 保护总督 |
[31:27] | Faster! Don’t spare the horses! | 加速 快马加鞭 |
[31:31] | Pistol! | 手枪 |
[31:34] | Hold your fire. Wait till they’re close. | 别开枪 等他们靠近了 |
[31:36] | Sir! | 是 |
[31:38] | Pick your targets! | 锁定目标 |
[33:36] | We need to move, now. | 我们得走了 快点 |
[33:38] | Go! Go. | 走 走啊 |
[33:41] | Take the chest to the beach. | 把箱子带去海滩 |
[33:42] | We’ll be right behind you. | 我们会跟在你们后面 |
[33:44] | Right behind us? | 跟在我们后面 |
[33:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:51] | I thought you said you and Nassau were through. | 我以为你说过你跟拿骚一刀两断了 |
[33:54] | Got worried you two’d be lost without me. | 担心没我你们俩会迷失呢 |
[33:57] | Glad to see I was wrong about that. | 幸好我是错的 |
[34:02] | And Teach? How has he taken your change of heart? | 蒂奇呢 他对你的变心是怎么反应 |
[34:06] | Couldn’t say. | 不好说 |
[34:07] | If you see him, I suppose you could ask him. | 你要是见到他 可以问问他 |
[34:32] | Look. | 快看 |
[34:38] | – Can you ride with him? – Yeah. | -你能带上他吗 -可以 |
[34:59] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[35:06] | Go! | 快走 |
[35:11] | Go! | 快走 |
[35:13] | Go! Go! | 快走 |
[35:15] | Come on! | 走吧 |
[36:03] | Put him down! Hold him! | 按住他 架住他 |
[36:06] | See which way they went! | 看他们往哪走了 |
[36:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:37] | I’ve known him since we were children… | 我们从小就认识… |
[36:40] | suffered illness and loss by his side. | 一起忍受疾病和失去亲人的痛苦 |
[36:45] | Watched him give his loyalty, | 看着他向我的母亲 和我 |
[36:47] | his sacrifice and his love to my mother, to me. | 献出他的忠诚 牺牲还有爱 |
[36:56] | So you can just imagine what that was like, | 所以你能想象这是怎样的感觉 |
[36:59] | asking him to accept what was done to him | 让他忍气吞声接受他所遭遇的一切 |
[37:03] | at the hands of men who look so very much | 而做这事的人看起来多么像 |
[37:06] | like those he watched murder his parents when he was a boy. | 从前在他眼前谋杀他父母的人 |
[37:12] | You can imagine how tempted I was | 你能想像我有多想 |
[37:14] | to take that knife and put it in his hand | 把那把刀放进他手里 |
[37:16] | and let him use it to his liking. | 让他按自己的意思去做 |
[37:20] | You can imagine the restraint it took | 你能想像我要多么克制自己 |
[37:24] | for me not to let my people loose. | 好让我的族人听从 |
[37:35] | But where does that leave us? | 但那又带来了什么 |
[37:39] | So I will fight this thing rising up in me | 所以今天我会抑制我内心中 |
[37:43] | eager to see more blood spilled today, | 对血花四溅的渴望 |
[37:47] | and I will serve them by minding their future | 我会为他们服务 以未来为重 |
[37:52] | and doing the hard thing | 做出艰难的抉择 |
[37:54] | that will lead to the outcome desired by all of us. | 那些可以引领我们达到目标的抉择 |
[38:02] | This will not happen again. | 这种事不会再发生了 |
[38:14] | It is over, then. | 那么这件事就这样了 |
[38:16] | We move forward. | 我们向前看 |
[38:22] | You have my word. | 我想你保证 |
[38:46] | Not a fucking word about it, understand? | 什么也别说 明白吗 |
[39:00] | Sails! Due west! Headed this way! | 有船 正西方向 朝这边驶来 |
[39:05] | I thought you said that no one could see us from here. | 你不是说没人能从那边看到我们 |
[39:08] | They can’t. | 他们看不到的 |
[39:19] | Get us underway. | 起航 |
[39:21] | Back to the coast to retrieve the shore party. | 回岸边接人 |
[39:23] | But there’s been no signal yet from the shore party. | 可是岸边的人没有发出信号 |
[39:25] | That ship will be upon us in two hours, maybe less. | 那艘船两小时内会赶上我们 也许更短 |
[39:29] | Get us underway. | 马上启程 |
[39:31] | Make ready the launches! | 准备出发 |
[39:32] | Lower the courses. | 降帆 |
[39:45] | I see you. | 我看到你了 |
[39:47] | Set a course to intercept her. | 准备拦截她 |
[39:49] | Bring us port! | 转舵向左 |
[39:50] | Bring us to port! | 转舵向左 |
[40:02] | Six more of them have fallen ill. | 又有六人病倒了 |
[40:04] | There’s now a total of 14 reported cases. | 现在共有十四人报告了病情 |
[40:07] | Are any of them mortal? | 有人死了吗 |
[40:08] | Not yet, but our forces are dwindling, | 还没 但是我们的力量在减弱 |
[40:12] | and it will get worse before it gets better. | 现在还没有好转的迹象 |
[40:15] | Meanwhile, Flint is out there somewhere | 与此同时 弗林特还在某处 |
[40:17] | committed to waging war against us. | 决心与我们作战 |
[40:20] | And soon news will return to Nassau | 等一会儿就知道 |
[40:21] | as to whether Rackham and his money | 拉克姆和他的钱财是否 |
[40:22] | are on their way to Havana. | 正在送往哈瓦那的路上了 |
[40:25] | And if they aren’t, if you and I are right, | 如果没有 如果我和你猜对了 |
[40:29] | if something happened and | 如果发生了意外 |
[40:29] | Hornigold’s cavalry weren’t in time to stop it, | 霍尼戈德的骑兵没能及时阻止 |
[40:32] | then in addition to everything else, | 那么除了这一切 |
[40:34] | we will be at war with Spain. | 我们还会和西班牙开战 |
[40:37] | If you and I were right | 如果我和你猜对了 |
[40:39] | and something went wrong with the governor’s caravan, | 总督的马车出了什么意外 |
[40:40] | I fear there is something | 我担心还有 |
[40:42] | even more unsettling we are about to face. | 比我们将会面临的更令人不安的事情 |
[40:45] | What is that? | 什么事 |
[40:46] | You and I will be immune to this disease, | 我和你对这种疾病免疫 |
[40:48] | for it will only attack those unfamiliar to this place. | 因为这病只有外地人才会得上 |
[40:51] | You and I know Flint and can fight him. | 我和你了解弗林特 可以与他作战 |
[40:54] | You and I, though outmatched, | 我和你 尽管处在劣势 |
[40:56] | at least know what Spain is and can make best efforts | 至少知道西班牙是什么样的实力 不论他们 |
[40:59] | to confront whatever they may send our way. | 使什么招我们都能尽最大努力去应对 |
[41:01] | But there is nothing more dangerous | 但没有什么比 |
[41:03] | than the unfamiliar enemy. | 不知根知底的敌人更危险 |
[41:06] | If the governor’s caravan was attacked, | 如果总督的马车遭受了攻击 |
[41:08] | it means someone knew where to find it. | 那就说明有人知道地点 |
[41:10] | It means our secrets are no longer ours. | 说明我们的秘密不再只有你知我知了 |
[41:15] | It means there is a spy among us. | 说明我们中出了奸细 |
[41:41] | Someone help him. | 快来人 |
[41:44] | Fetch Dr. Marcus. | 把马库斯医生叫来 |
[42:17] | Where’s Vane? | 韦恩在哪 |
[42:19] | The militia arrived before he could get away. | 民兵在他逃走之前赶到了 |
[42:23] | We had no choice but to run. | 我们没别的办法 只能逃跑 |
[42:26] | Fuck. | 操 |
[42:31] | Take him and the cache back to the ship and get out of here. | 把他和珠宝带回到船上 赶紧离开这儿 |
[42:33] | What? You can’t stay behind. | 什么 你不能留下来 |
[42:35] | I’ll go find Vane. | 我去找韦恩 |
[42:36] | Once he’s free, we’ll find our own way back to the camp. | 一旦把他救出来我们自己想办法回营地 |
[42:40] | Captain– | 船长… |
[42:41] | Charles Vane swinging over Nassau | 查尔斯·韦恩被挂在拿骚示众 |
[42:42] | is a statement we cannot afford to be made. | 这种声明我们不能接受 |
[42:44] | You cannot stay. | 你不能留下来 |
[42:48] | We’re about to get the war you wanted | 战势马上就如你所愿了 |
[42:50] | and perhaps a credible path towards something resembling victory, | 也许这是条通向某种胜利的可靠之路 |
[42:53] | but the war is going to follow that chest | 但战争会随着那宝箱走 |
[42:56] | and you’re the only one of us who can marshal it. | 而你是我们之中唯一一个能够挂帅的人 |
[43:00] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[43:04] | He’s right. | 他说得没错 |
[43:05] | If Charles knew we were even contemplating | 如果查尔斯知道我们为了救他 |
[43:07] | jeopardizing the grander effort to save him, | 而打算危及到更重大的事情的话 |
[43:11] | he’d kill us all. | 他会把我们都杀了 |
[43:15] | Give me two men. | 给我两个人 |
[43:17] | I’ll go back and address the situation. | 我回去处理这事 |
[43:22] | How? | 怎么处理 |
[43:23] | By stirring resentment, | 激起怨恨 |
[43:25] | finding sympathetic ears, | 找出同情者 |
[43:25] | reminding them that Charles Vane was once the best of them– | 提醒他们查尔斯·韦恩曾是他们的骄傲 |
[43:28] | still is the best of them. | 现在仍是他们的骄傲 |
[43:30] | My parents were agitators. | 我的父母就是挑拨者 |
[43:32] | If we are to win this war, | 如果我们要赢下这场战争 |
[43:33] | that may be exactly what we need. | 那可能正是我们所需要的 |
[43:36] | By the time I’m through, | 等我得手之时 |
[43:38] | the governor won’t be able to hang Vane | 总督囿于担心失去民心 |
[43:39] | out of fear of losing the street. | 就不会绞死韦恩了 |
[44:13] | Charles is here. | 抓住了查尔斯 |
[44:17] | It’s a very small consolation given what we lost today. | 跟我们今天所失去的相比这个安慰微不足道 |
[44:24] | But you had the foresight to put Captain Hornigold | 但你颇有远见地让霍尼戈德船长 |
[44:26] | in pursuit of Flint’s ship. | 去追击弗林特的船 |
[44:28] | It’s the only reason we have any prayer at all | 那是我们唯一能祈祷 |
[44:30] | of recovering the cache and avoiding disaster. | 重新夺回珠宝 避免灾难的事由了 |
[44:36] | If Hornigold is unable to capture Flint’s ship, | 如果霍尼戈德不能俘获弗林特的船 |
[44:40] | Flint is able to dictate | 那故事的下一章节 |
[44:43] | the next chapter of this story. | 就要由弗林特来书写了 |
[44:46] | The choices we will likely then face | 我们可能面临的敌人 |
[44:48] | will be of the most awful kind– | 将无比可怕 |
[44:52] | the ones that promise only bad outcomes in every direction. | 他们曾发誓要我们不得善终 |
[44:56] | Eleanor, look at me. | 埃莉诺 看着我 |
[45:10] | The challenges I see ahead for both you and I | 我们俩都将面临的挑战 |
[45:12] | are of the gravest sort. | 不容乐观 |
[45:16] | I need to know that I can rely upon you | 我需要知道我能依靠你 |
[45:18] | to help me navigate through it. | 带领我度过难关 |
[45:21] | Of course you can. | 当然 |
[45:24] | You understand… | 你知道的… |
[45:26] | my concern about calling you a partner, | 从我第一次踏入伦敦的监狱起 |
[45:29] | from the moment I first walked into your cell in London, | 我就很担心 作为我的搭档 |
[45:31] | was whether you’d be able to resist Nassau’s temptation, | 你能否抵抗住拿骚的诱惑 |
[45:35] | the gravity of your personal history | 抵抗住你根深蒂固的个人历史 |
[45:39] | urging you to resume petty rivalries | 让你重蹈覆辙 |
[45:41] | and repeat the costliest of your mistakes, | 再次复出沉重的代价 |
[45:45] | preventing you from ever truly moving into the future | 抵抗住它阻碍你走入我想为那里 |
[45:48] | I wanted to build here | 所建造的美好未来 |
[45:50] | rather than gravitating back into your past. | 而不是回到过去 |
[45:52] | And now… | 而现在 |
[45:55] | in the moment I need you the most, | 在这个我最需要你的时候 |
[45:58] | need the best of you the most, | 需要你尽力帮助我的时候 |
[46:03] | I fear the temptation you are feeling | 我害怕 那种诱惑对你来说 |
[46:04] | is about to be at its strongest. | 即将达到最大值 |
[46:08] | – You’re wrong. – No, I’m not wro– | -你错了 -不 我没有 |
[46:20] | I am not wrong. | 我没有错 |
[46:25] | That man sitting in a cell in my fort | 那个在我堡垒监狱里的男人 |
[46:30] | is the embodiment of that temptation for you. | 对你就是最大的诱惑 |
[46:32] | It is self-evident. | 我用脚趾都都能猜到 |
[46:35] | Now, I am asking whether you’re able | 现在 我问你 你是否能 |
[46:37] | to see past the petty and the personal | 过得了自己那关 |
[46:41] | to remain focused on what is right now | 而专注于 现在什么才是对的 |
[46:44] | of vital importance to both of our futures– | 什么才是对我和你的未来与生存 |
[46:48] | to our very survival. | 最重要的 |
[46:50] | If you have any regard for me, | 如果你有任何一点在乎我 |
[46:53] | any respect at all, | 哪怕只有一点点 |
[46:56] | then I’m asking you to tell me the truth | 那请跟我说句实话 |
[46:59] | about what you’re capable of right now. | 你现在到底能为我做些什么 |
[47:08] | The moment you walked into my cell in London, | 你第一次走进伦敦监狱的时候 |
[47:09] | do you want to know what I first thought? | 你想知道我最开始想的是什么吗 |
[47:15] | I wasn’t thinking about the charges against me. | 我没有想过对我的控告 |
[47:18] | I wasn’t thinking about a reprieve from the noose. | 我没有想过能暂缓绞刑 |
[47:20] | I wasn’t thinking about piracy, | 我没有想过海盗行为 |
[47:22] | nor pardons, nor Nassau. | 没想过赦免 也没想过拿骚 |
[47:24] | In that moment, I was | 那一刻 我… |
[47:25] | consumed by one thought and one thought only… | 我一直在反复思考着一件事 |
[47:32] | …the idea that this may be my opportunity | 也许我有机会… |
[47:35] | to gain some measure of revenge | 为我父亲的死 |
[47:37] | against my father’s murderer, | 报仇雪恨了 |
[47:40] | that I might play a role in the execution of Charles Vane. | 也许我可以手刃查尔斯·韦恩了 |
[47:45] | I know you now. I trust you now. | 现在的我 了解你 也相信你 |
[47:48] | I’m devoted to you now. | 我忠于你 |
[47:50] | I love you now. | 我爱你 |
[47:55] | So I will tell you the absolute truth | 所以我说的绝对是事实 |
[47:59] | about how I’m going to react when faced with the thing | 关于在见到你堡垒监狱里关押的人后 |
[48:01] | sitting in that cell in your fort. | 我会有什么反应 |
[48:08] | I honestly don’t know. | 我真没想到 |