时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | About six months ago, | 六个月前 |
[00:12] | I was approached by the intelligence department | 印度群岛贸易馆情报部门的人 |
[00:14] | of the Casa de Contratacion. | 找上了我 |
[00:16] | They offered me a significant amount of money. | 他们给了我一大笔钱 |
[00:19] | I said yes. | 我就答应了 |
[00:20] | The department’s spies had learned of an attempt | 部门的密探们发现了有人 |
[00:23] | to walk away with their money without them knowing of it. | 试图背着他们携款潜逃 |
[00:25] | If you do not return the entirety of the hidden cache, | 如果你不坦白隐藏的猫腻和堡垒中的金子 |
[00:28] | know that Nassau will likely burn for it. | 拿骚可能会遭殃 |
[00:30] | With everything I’ve lost in recent days, | 目前我已经失去得够多的了 |
[00:32] | I can’t afford to lose the name, too. | 我不能连名字也丢了 |
[00:34] | We walk into the tavern, we sign our names, | 我们走进酒馆 签下大名 |
[00:35] | and then not only are we square with the law, our money is, too. | 不仅我们能免于法律的制裁 我们的钱也将安然无恙 |
[00:38] | The wound should be far further along towards quietening itself. | 伤口本应该要开始愈合了 |
[00:41] | If the decay progresses, | 如果腐烂加重 |
[00:42] | I’ll have to remove more of your leg. | 我只能多切除一截腿 |
[00:44] | What does a colonial power do | 当他们看到一位在任总督 |
[00:45] | when they see a sitting governor | 被海盗与奴隶的联盟废黜 |
[00:47] | deposed by an alliance of pirates and slaves bring down Nassau? | 那一点殖民势力还能做些什么 |
[00:53] | Maybe bring it all down. | 也许你就拿下了一切 |
[00:55] | What happens now? | 现在怎么打算 |
[00:56] | Now we go find Charles Vane. | 现在我们去找查尔斯·韦恩 |
[03:30] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[04:02] | When you said that you’d be staying behind | 当你说你会留下 |
[04:03] | to solidify our new compact, | 维护我们的新联盟时 |
[04:06] | I assumed that meant something. | 我以为你是认真的 |
[04:08] | For you to be seen as uninterested | 如果被人看见 |
[04:10] | in what is happening for my father now, | 你对我父亲的状况如此漠不关心 |
[04:12] | that is not going to help convince anyone here | 恐怕你没法说服这里的任何人 |
[04:14] | that you are serious about desiring their friendship. | 你们是真心寻求他们的友谊 |
[04:24] | It’ll pass. | 不是大毛病 |
[04:27] | It’s just a fever from the wound. | 只是伤口引起的发热罢了 |
[04:34] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[05:01] | Christ! | 老天 |
[05:05] | I’m all right! | 我没事 |
[05:07] | Swing it down on deck! | 快放到甲板上 |
[05:09] | Fucking idiot! | 该死的蠢货 |
[05:11] | Listen, if you can’t tie a rope, you shouldn’t be on this ship! | 连绳结都不会系 你根本不该在这艘船上 |
[05:13] | Get astern. Calm down! | 退后 冷静点 |
[05:15] | Hey! What’s going on here? | 这里是怎么一回事 |
[05:19] | His lashing came undone. | 他系的绳结松了 |
[05:21] | I fucking showed it to him 10 minutes ago. | 我十分钟前才告诉他怎么系 |
[05:22] | Someone could have been killed. | 他差点弄出了人命 |
[05:26] | Then you showed him incorrectly. | 那就是你教得不对 |
[05:30] | It’s a fucking lashing. I know how to tie it. | 不就是个该死的绳结吗 我知道怎么系 |
[05:33] | If he tied it wrong, then you instructed him wrong. | 如果他会系错 一定是你教错了 |
[05:40] | You listen to me. | 听好了 |
[05:42] | We persuaded them that they need us. | 我们说服了他们 说他们需要我们 |
[05:46] | We most certainly need them. | 我们更需要他们 |
[05:47] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[06:04] | Don’t imagine that will be the last of those. | 这种事大概不会是最后一次 |
[06:08] | Neither do I. | 我想也是 |
[06:12] | So how exactly do you see this working? | 那你觉得这怎么能成功 |
[06:15] | They have their orders. | 他们要服从命令 |
[06:18] | As long as we hold our end of the bargain, they’ll hold. | 只要我们遵守交易 他们也会 |
[06:21] | Yeah, that wasn’t what I meant. | 我问的不是这个 |
[06:25] | I understood a war meant to antagonize England– | 我能理解战争是为了对抗英国 |
[06:28] | to frighten them, | 威吓他们 |
[06:28] | to prevent them from moving against Nassau. | 阻止他们侵犯拿骚 |
[06:32] | But that isn’t what we’re talking about anymore, is it? | 但如今我们的目的已经不是这些了 对吗 |
[06:35] | Now you’re talking about a war meant to be won. | 你说的是一场必胜的战争 |
[06:40] | You convinced them. | 你说服了他们 |
[06:42] | Convinced Scott, his wife, their people, | 说服了斯科特 他的妻子 他的人 |
[06:45] | our people, even Silver. | 我们的人 甚至西尔弗 |
[06:49] | But not you. | 但说服不了你 |
[06:52] | Everyone’s wrong but you. | 所有人都错了 除了你 |
[06:58] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[07:00] | Captain! Masts! | 船长 桅杆 |
[07:12] | Captain. | 船长 |
[07:18] | Ocracoke Island. Teach is there. | 奥克拉科克岛 蒂奇就在那儿 |
[07:22] | A few hours’ time, assuming he’s there, | 如果他在那儿 我们有几个小时 |
[07:26] | I’m going to begin a discussion | 我要跟他讨论一下 |
[07:27] | in which I’m going to ask him for something | 要他答应我们一些 |
[07:28] | that he can’t possibly give. | 他不可能答应的事 |
[07:32] | And the success or failure of this war | 这场仗的成败 |
[07:34] | will depend upon the outcome. | 全看这次谈话的结果 |
[07:38] | In a few hours’ time, | 在这几个小时里 |
[07:39] | there’s a good chance you’re going to look awfully smart. | 你有机会展示下你的聪明才智 |
[07:58] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[08:00] | Bring him down! | 干掉他 |
[08:22] | You look good. | 你看上去很不错 |
[08:24] | As handsome as ever. | 一如既往地帅 |
[08:25] | You always were a gifted liar. | 你总是这么会哄人 |
[08:31] | When you were still pirating, | 彼时你还驰骋海上 |
[08:33] | I was the woman who was Blackbeard’s woman. | 我也因为是黑胡子的女人这个身份 |
[08:36] | Put my services in great demand– | 招揽了不少生意 |
[08:39] | all men wanting what notorious men already had. | 男人嘛 总是想到得到那些狠角色曾拥有的 |
[08:45] | And then you leave | 然后你离开了 |
[08:47] | and my business fades. | 我的生意也日渐萧条 |
[08:51] | It’s always the little people who get hurt the worst | 市场风向改变后 受伤最深的 |
[08:53] | when the market turns. | 往往是那些小人物 |
[09:03] | So when are you going to tell me? | 所以你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[09:07] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么 |
[09:08] | What he’s doing here. | 他在这儿干什么 |
[09:11] | Charles? | 查尔斯 |
[09:16] | I remember when he had forced you from Nassau. | 我还记得他当年逼你离开拿骚 |
[09:19] | I remember how angry you were, | 我还记得你有多么生气 |
[09:21] | how disappointed. | 多么失望 |
[09:23] | And I remember you telling me | 我还记得你告诉我 |
[09:24] | that you’d never make the same mistake again, | 你不会再犯同样的错误了 |
[09:27] | that you had learned the hard way | 你已经吸取了惨痛的教训 |
[09:29] | that only God made sons. | 有无子嗣这事儿勉强不来 |
[09:31] | Things are different now. | 现在不一样了 |
[09:33] | Different how? | 怎么不一样 |
[09:35] | Doesn’t need to last long. | 反正我也不久于人世了 |
[09:45] | A little Spanish shrapnel. | 在我跟他差不多大的时候 |
[09:48] | It went in here when I was not much older than him. | 曾被西班牙人打伤 弹片至今还留在这里 |
[09:52] | Once in a while it migrates, | 每隔一段时间就向里移动一点 |
[09:56] | ticks closer to reaching its terminus and striking its chime. | 一步步逼近终点 准备敲响最后的钟声 |
[10:03] | Grim little timepiece | 那残忍的钟声 |
[10:06] | whose ticking has grown louder to my ears of late. | 近来在我的耳边越来越响 |
[10:12] | Charles doesn’t know, does he? | 查尔斯不知道吧 |
[10:17] | Captain! | 船长 |
[10:37] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[10:44] | Welcome to Ocracoke. | 欢迎来到奥克拉科克 |
[10:53] | At first I was tempted, | 一开始我被诱惑到了 |
[10:56] | but in the end it felt wrong | 但后来 我觉得不该 |
[10:58] | to betray the governor that way. | 那样背叛总督 |
[11:02] | And it felt dangerous… | 感觉很危险 |
[11:05] | so I declined. | 所以我拒绝了 |
[11:07] | Then how did this happen? | 那为什么会发生这种事 |
[11:10] | How does an honest chambermaid | 一个正直的仆人 |
[11:11] | end up in the employ of the Spanish empire? | 怎么会沦为西班牙帝王的手下 |
[11:22] | A few days after I declined their offer… | 我拒绝了他们之后没几天… |
[11:28] | I came home late from the governor’s service. | 我服侍完总督后很晚才回家 |
[11:33] | It wasn’t unusual for me to return home | 通常我回到家的时候 |
[11:36] | to find my children long since fast asleep. | 孩子们早已入睡了 |
[11:40] | That night, my children were not alone. | 但那个晚上 除了孩子们 还有别人在 |
[11:45] | The man who had approached me– | 找过我的那个男人 |
[11:47] | Grandal– was there… | 格兰达 他也在 |
[11:52] | Waiting. | 等着我 |
[11:55] | In his left hand, a knife. | 左手握着一把刀 |
[11:57] | In his right, a purse. | 右手拿着一个包 |
[12:02] | He said my children would receive something from him that night. | 他说我的孩子那晚会收到他的东西 |
[12:08] | He asked me to choose which. | 他让我选择要左边还是右边 |
[12:14] | These are the people whom I am beholden to. | 这就是那些让我心存束缚的人 |
[12:17] | This is what they are capable of doing. | 这就是他们能干出来的事 |
[12:22] | I cannot imagine what they will do | 如果金子没被完整地还回来 |
[12:24] | if the cache is not returned whole. | 我不知道他们会干出什么事来 |
[12:38] | Ship’s manifest, sir. | 这是载货清单 先生 |
[12:39] | The entirety of the gold from the fort | 堡垒中所有的金子 |
[12:40] | is now stowed and ready for transport to Havana. | 都装船了 准备运去哈瓦那 |
[12:42] | We should be under way within the hour. | 在一个小时之内就得启程 |
[12:44] | Put it in my office, please. | 放到我办公室里去吧 |
[12:52] | I just left Miss Hudson. | 我刚去找过哈德森小姐 |
[12:56] | I had the instinct once or twice, | 其实我最近偶尔有感觉到 |
[12:59] | the way she’d been watching me of late. | 她像是在监视我 |
[13:02] | I dismissed it, | 但我没多想 |
[13:03] | just assumed it related to some concern | 以为那是出于担心 |
[13:05] | over my relationship with you and its becoming inappropriate. | 你我之间那不太恰当的关系的缘故 |
[13:11] | What did she say? | 她说什么了 |
[13:14] | Did she report that we’re earnestly attempting | 她有没有把我们正认真努力地 |
[13:15] | to find and return the missing money? | 寻找并归还失踪的金子这一情况进行汇报 |
[13:17] | It’s not about the money for them, not anymore. | 对于他们来说这已经不关钱的事了 |
[13:20] | When the gold from the Urca was stolen, it was bad enough. | 厄卡的金子被偷的时候情况就已经够糟了 |
[13:23] | Now they hear the gold is being converted | 现在他们听说金子被转换成 |
[13:25] | into something more easily hidden from them, | 更容易藏匿 |
[13:27] | more easily smuggled away. | 更容易走私的东西 |
[13:29] | That isn’t theft. It’s an insult. | 这就不仅仅是偷了 这是一种羞辱 |
[13:33] | And insults to empires require answers. | 对帝国的羞辱需要有人负责 |
[13:39] | So it’s personal, then? | 所以这是私人恩怨喽 |
[13:43] | A binary question of my trustworthiness. | 这是关于我可信度的选择题 |
[13:47] | Either I return the full cache and prove it or I fail, | 要么用归还金子来证明 要么就搞砸 |
[13:52] | and in trying to excuse the shortfall, | 为差额找借口 |
[13:54] | only aggravate their existing suspicion | 只会加重他们对我的怀疑 |
[13:56] | that I am part of the pirate problem, not its solution. | 认为我是海盗问题的一部分 而非解决办法 |
[13:59] | And the dread fleet in Havana sets sail the very next day | 接下来的一天 可怕的哈瓦那舰队就会起航 |
[14:02] | to raze all of Nassau to the ground. | 来把拿骚夷为平地 |
[14:05] | Then we’ll fight them, defend the island. | 那我们就和他们打 保护岛屿 |
[14:08] | The odds would be dire, but we are not without resources. | 赢面很小 但我们也并非毫无还手之力 |
[14:10] | No, not “We.” | 不是”我们” |
[14:12] | I mean, someone might fight them, but it won’t be you and I. | 有人会开战 但不是我和你 |
[14:15] | If the result of my endeavor here | 如果我在这里的努力的结果 |
[14:16] | is a Spanish attack against British forces, | 是西班牙展开了对英国军队的攻击 |
[14:18] | an act that threatens to drag the empire into a war, | 从而产生将帝国拖入战争深渊的威胁的话 |
[14:21] | I would be recalled to London and likely debtors’ prison | 我可能会被召回伦敦 很有可能进监狱 |
[14:23] | and your capital sentence would be reinstated. | 你的死刑判决也会重新生效 |
[14:26] | Now, I believe Nassau’s | 现在我相信 |
[14:28] | best chance at survival is with me guiding it. | 拿骚要想幸存下来 只能由我来引导 |
[14:30] | But if we cannot find Jack Rackham and Anne Bonny, | 但如果我们找不到杰克·拉克姆和安妮·伯妮 |
[14:33] | if we can’t find the cache in their possession, | 如果我们找不到他们手里的金子 |
[14:36] | whatever happens to Nassau, you and I are likely finished. | 无论拿骚如何 我俩都完了 |
[14:57] | Pardon me, gentlemen, if you don’t mind me asking, | 打扰了 先生 我想问问 |
[14:59] | where is this wagon headed? | 马车是去哪里的 |
[15:01] | To the fort. | 去堡垒 |
[15:03] | To do what, exactly? | 去做什么呢 |
[15:05] | To fix it. | 去修缮它 |
[15:09] | I see. | 明白了 |
[15:13] | Just you two on the job, is it? | 只有你们俩去做吗 |
[15:15] | A whole gang of us up there. | 还有一群人在上面 |
[15:16] | Governor wants it shipshape by the end of the month. | 总督希望在月底前能完工 |
[15:22] | Suppose that fort’s not going to rebuild itself. | 堡垒总不会自己给自己搬砖吧 |
[15:30] | No, I suppose it won’t. | 对 我想也是 |
[15:44] | Hold still. | 别乱动 |
[15:48] | There. | 好了 |
[15:50] | Well? What do you think? | 看看 觉得怎么样 |
[15:53] | You mean aside from the tit curtains? | 你是说除了乳帘吗 |
[15:57] | It’s called a cravat. | 这叫领巾 |
[16:00] | You want to fit in with them, right? | 你不是想融入到他们中间吗 |
[16:01] | – This is what they wear. – “They” Who? | -他们就是这样穿的 -他们是谁 |
[16:04] | Respectable men. | 体面人 |
[16:10] | All right, yeah. | 行了行了 |
[16:15] | Place of birth? | 出生地 |
[16:16] | Bristol. | 布里斯托尔 |
[16:18] | Occupation? | 职业 |
[16:19] | Ship’s carpenter. | 船上的木工 |
[16:22] | – Ship served? – I used to serve the Buccaneer. | -服役船只 -以前在海贼号上干过 |
[16:25] | Sign here. | 在这签名 |
[16:29] | Move on. Next? | 继续 下一个 |
[16:31] | What the fuck are you doing here? | 你他妈在这儿干什么 |
[16:35] | It’s a cravat. | 这是领巾 |
[16:37] | It’s what respectable men wear. | 体面人都戴这儿玩意儿 |
[16:39] | It’s– never mind what it is. | 是…别管这是什么了 |
[16:42] | You’re supposed to be long gone by now. | 你这会应该走得远远的 |
[16:44] | Why’d you come back? | 为什么又回来了 |
[16:45] | Where we’re going, | 我们要去的地方 |
[16:46] | it seemed better to have one of these than not. | 有个这玩意儿总比没有强 |
[16:49] | I thought as an added prize, | 我以为这会是额外的奖赏 |
[16:50] | I’d at least be able to see it for myself, | 我至少能亲眼看看 |
[16:52] | the new governor up to his ears | 新来的总督 |
[16:53] | in the very same bullshit in which I’ve been drowning | 跟我过去几个月一样深陷到 |
[16:55] | for the past few months. And what do I find? | 同样的屎坑里无法自拔 可这都是什么情况 |
[16:57] | The streets are swept, | 干净的街道 |
[16:59] | industry is in fashion, | 百废俱兴 |
[17:01] | you’re dressed like a Turkish whore, | 你穿的跟土耳其婊子一样 |
[17:02] | and all because a man arrived, | 这一切全都因为一个人到了这儿 |
[17:04] | stood on the beach, and said please. | 站在海滩上 说了句请 |
[17:07] | – You’re angry. – I’m confounded. | -你生气了 -我是搞不懂 |
[17:10] | He offers them less in wages than I offered, | 他给这些人的报酬比我给的少 |
[17:12] | demands more from them in labor, | 让他们干更多的活 |
[17:13] | restricts more from them in license, | 在许可证上还设了那么多限制 |
[17:15] | and yet despite all of that, | 然而尽管如此 |
[17:19] | he’s won them. | 他还是赢得了人心 |
[17:21] | How can that be? | 怎么会这样呢 |
[17:23] | I know it may be hard to believe | 我知道说出来你可能不信 |
[17:25] | given my appearance at the moment, | 尤其是我现在这个样子 |
[17:28] | but the experience of it? | 但要说感觉怎么样 |
[17:30] | It ain’t half bad, Jack. | 一点都不赖 杰克 |
[17:32] | Next. | 下一个 |
[17:36] | Next man, please. | 下一个请上前 |
[17:38] | Your legal name? | 你的真实姓名 |
[17:40] | John Rackham. | 约翰·拉克姆 |
[17:47] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:56] | The Lord Governor would like a word with you. | 总督大人想跟你谈谈 |
[18:07] | Watch him, please. | 请看好他 |
[18:09] | I’ll go fetch Fremah to tend to him. | 我去叫弗雷马来看看他 |
[18:10] | I said no. | 我说了不要 |
[18:12] | – I know you did. – I don’t want help. | -你要 -我不想找人帮忙 |
[18:27] | It’ll pass. | 一会儿就没事了 |
[18:29] | I’ll just find a place to weather it for the night. | 我找个地方熬过晚上就行了 |
[18:33] | I understand that you do not want anyone to see you this way. | 我知道你不希望有人看到你这样 |
[18:37] | What I don’t understand | 我不明白的是 |
[18:38] | is why you choose to suffer in the first place. | 为什么你一开始选择自己忍着 |
[18:41] | You must have access to better medicines than that. | 你们肯定能找到更好的药物 |
[18:43] | We’ve got access to better medicines than that. | 我们这儿都能找到更好的药物 |
[18:44] | This has nothing to do with medicine. | 这跟药没关系 |
[18:46] | It has something to do with medicine– | 当然跟药有关 |
[18:48] | I cannot look weak. | 我不能让人看出我虚弱 |
[18:51] | I cannot feel weak. I cannot be weak. | 我不能感到虚弱 情况不允许 |
[18:55] | Not in front of my men. Not in front of your men. | 在我的人或是你的人面前都不能表现出来 |
[18:57] | Not at all. | 在所有人面前都不能 |
[18:59] | For some time now, I have been holding | 这段时间以来 我一直在用双手 |
[19:00] | my entire world together with both hands, | 支撑住我的整个世界 |
[19:04] | keeping my men in line, seeing to their needs, | 管理好我的人 照顾好他们的需求 |
[19:07] | and the only way that endures is if I look the part. | 这一切维持下去的前提是我能扮演好这个角色 |
[19:11] | And I cannot look the part while being poked and prodded | 但如果我被人翻来拨去地疗伤 |
[19:14] | or while drooling through an opium haze | 或者抽着鸦片流口水 |
[19:15] | saying who the fuck knows what. | 说些不知所云的的话 还怎么维持这个形象 |
[19:19] | So I will endure this | 因此 我会以我之前 |
[19:21] | the way I have been enduring it. | 一直采取的方式来继续维持 |
[19:29] | No one prepared you for this, did they? | 没人训练过你来应对这样的情况 对吗 |
[19:35] | For as long as I can remember, | 自从我记事起 |
[19:38] | I have been prepared for the day | 就有人训练我 时刻准备着 |
[19:39] | I would take my mother’s place. | 接管我妈妈位置的那一天 |
[19:43] | To know that from that day forth, | 让我明白 从那天以后 |
[19:46] | I would forever be the one who tends | 我永远都会要 |
[19:48] | as opposed to the one who is tended to. | 照着那个标杆活着 |
[19:52] | You’re frustrated. You’re angry. | 你很挫败 很愤怒 |
[19:55] | You’re tired. | 你累了 |
[19:57] | Perhaps no one else knows why. | 或许其他人不知道是为什么 |
[20:00] | I believe that not even you know why. | 我相信连你自己也不明白 |
[20:04] | But I know why. | 但我知道为什么 |
[20:11] | The crown is always a burden… | 权利从来都是一项负担 |
[20:17] | but it cannot be borne if you cannot stand. | 但你若连站都站不住 又如何担起这份权利 |
[20:31] | Nearly dismasted in a storm– | 桅杆差点在风暴中被折断 |
[20:33] | a storm you chased after. | 而你是自愿去追逐这场风暴 |
[20:36] | Nearly starved to death in the doldrums. | 不景气的时候差点饿死 |
[20:38] | Nearly executed by them. | 差点被他们处决 |
[20:42] | Either you are unkillable, friend, | 要么你就是不死之身 我的朋友 |
[20:45] | or way overdue. | 要么就是死期未到 |
[20:48] | One way or another, I am here, | 不管怎样 我来了 |
[20:51] | and there is much to discuss about all our futures. | 关于我们的未来 还有很多值得商谈的 |
[20:56] | What kind of future do you propose that to be? | 那你打算给大家提供怎样的未来设想 |
[21:00] | I intend to gather forces and move to reclaim Nassau. | 我希望能凝聚众力 夺回拿骚 |
[21:05] | The conquest is always weakest | 当征服者认为征服已经完成的时候 |
[21:06] | when the conqueror allows himself to believe that it is done. | 正是所征服的地区最弱的时候 |
[21:09] | For Nassau, that point is now. | 拿骚正处于这种时期 |
[21:13] | Now, England may hold the island, | 岛被英格兰占领了 |
[21:14] | but it still needs supplies brought in. | 但岛上仍然需要补给物资 |
[21:16] | It is still dependent upon trade. | 发展还要依靠贸易来往 |
[21:20] | We will make that impossible for him. | 我们就堵住他们的这条路 |
[21:22] | We will harass his ships. We will plunder his supplies. | 我们会袭击他的船只 抢夺他的物资 |
[21:25] | We will force him to bleed capital and support | 我们迫使他损失一些资产和支援 |
[21:28] | and the goodwill of the men surrounding him | 以及那些善意的 支持他的人 |
[21:30] | until he is weak enough to challenge directly. | 削弱他们 直到我们能直接与他们叫板 |
[21:32] | Until we can bring the fleet to bear | 时机到了我们就让舰队准备好 瞄准海湾 |
[21:35] | and retake the bay. | 把它夺回来 |
[21:37] | You know, when I called Nassau home, | 当我还把拿骚称之为家的时候 |
[21:39] | most of the men on this beach weren’t even men. | 现在这海滩上的大多数男人还没成年 |
[21:42] | I sailed with Ben Hornigold. | 我和本·霍尼戈德 |
[21:44] | I sailed with Sam Bellamy. I sailed with Henry Avery. | 山姆·贝勒米还有亨利·艾弗里一起出过海 |
[21:47] | Feuded with them, stole from them, | 也曾与他们结下仇 从他们那偷东西 |
[21:50] | questioned their motives, | 也会质疑他们的动机 |
[21:53] | but we all knew what we were. | 但我们都知道自己在做什么 |
[21:56] | Then a man arrives who would explain to us | 后来来了一个人 他告诉我们 |
[21:59] | that what we’ve been doing was wrong all those years, | 我们这么久以来所做的事情都是错的 |
[22:01] | what Nassau ought to be, what he could make it | 告诉我们拿骚该是什么样子 告诉我们 |
[22:06] | if we would all just follow his lead. | 如果跟着他 可以把拿骚变成什么样子 |
[22:10] | And here you are again to do the same. | 你现在又来这一套 |
[22:14] | You let it go well before its time. | 早在那之前 你就已经放手了 |
[22:18] | It was past its time. | 拿骚的时代已经过去 |
[22:22] | That you cannot see this only makes it clearer to me | 你意识不到 只让我越来越明白 |
[22:25] | that you never even knew it in the first place. | 你根本就没意识到过 |
[22:30] | This fleet is all that remains of it, | 拿骚只剩下这支舰队了 |
[22:33] | and as long as it’s mine, Nassau shall remain in its past. | 只要还听我号令 拿骚就还残存往日的英姿 |
[22:36] | It isn’t yours. | 它不是你的 |
[22:39] | It never was. | 从来不是 |
[22:41] | Those ships, their commanders and crews, | 那些船只 指挥官们 船员们 |
[22:44] | they were pledged to my command, not yours. | 他们承诺追随的人是我 不是你 |
[22:48] | Oaths were taken, | 誓言已宣 |
[22:51] | and I have come to see them honored. | 而我是来确保他们遵守誓言的 |
[22:53] | Do you honestly believe that I would just step aside | 你真的认为我会乖乖地靠边站 |
[22:56] | and let you make that claim? | 让你夺走这一切 |
[22:58] | I honestly don’t give a shit what you would or would not do. | 我根本不在乎你会怎么做 |
[23:04] | The decision isn’t yours. | 这不是你能决定的 |
[23:07] | It’s his. | 是他 |
[23:13] | I’ve come to resume our compact, | 我来是要履行我们的约定 |
[23:17] | the one we swore upon our lives to uphold. | 我们宣誓以性命守护的约定 |
[23:20] | If you stand up and acknowledge it, | 如果你站出来对此表态 |
[23:22] | this fleet will follow us. | 舰队会追随我们的 |
[23:23] | I’m certain of it. | 我能肯定 |
[23:26] | – You weren’t there. – No, I wasn’t. | -当时你不在 -没错 我是不在 |
[23:30] | But had I been there, | 但如果当时我在 |
[23:31] | there would be no question about any of this. | 现在就不会有这些问题了 |
[23:34] | Had I been there, we would have mounted | 如果我在场 我们会严阵以待 |
[23:37] | the defense that we had agreed to mount. | 像我们说过的那样 |
[23:38] | Had you been there, you would have seen their faces, | 如果你在场 你会看到他们的表情 |
[23:41] | the ones who laid their arms down | 会看到他们放下武器 |
[23:43] | and turned their backs on us. | 背弃我们 |
[23:45] | The ones who took our money for months | 这些数月来花着我们的钱的人 |
[23:47] | and were happy to try and deliver my head to our enemies | 为了多拿了几个子儿 他们乐于把我的脑袋 |
[23:50] | for a little more of it. | 献给我们的敌人们 |
[23:53] | Nassau is dead. | 拿骚已死 |
[23:55] | It doesn’t deserve anything else from me | 它不配让我和这些人 |
[23:57] | or the men on this beach. | 再为它有任何付出 |
[23:59] | We are finally free from it, | 我们终于摆脱了拿骚 |
[24:01] | and I see no reason to change that. | 何乐而不为呢 |
[24:10] | If you wish to leave this place, I’ll allow it, | 如果你想离开这里 我恩准了 |
[24:15] | although somehow I don’t think you have any intention of leaving. | 但我想 你并没有要离开的意思 |
[24:20] | No, I don’t. | 对 我不会走的 |
[24:22] | And I think you know that I would never allow you | 我想你明白 我是不会允许你 |
[24:24] | to call a vote to settle the matter | 在舰队权威这事上发起投票的 |
[24:26] | of who this fleet follows and risk you depleting my force | 冒险让你引诱走被误导的少数船员 |
[24:30] | by luring away some misguided minority. | 以此削弱我的战斗力 |
[24:34] | No, I don’t imagine you would. | 不 我不指望你会给我机会 |
[24:37] | So we have one fleet and two men claiming it. | 那么一支舰队 两人争权 |
[24:43] | There is only one way I know of to resolve that. | 据我所知只有一种方法能解决问题 |
[24:50] | Pistols, then swords. | 先比枪 再比剑 |
[25:04] | Captain Rackham. | 拉克姆船长 |
[25:06] | It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[25:08] | Give us the room, please. | 我要和他单独聊聊 |
[25:11] | Drink? | 来点酒 |
[25:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:15] | I apologize for the strangeness of this meeting. | 我为安排此次冒昧的见面道歉 |
[25:17] | I know you and I don’t know each other. | 我知道我们互不相识 |
[25:21] | I know you… some. | 我知道你 一些事儿吧 |
[25:24] | I read your book. | 我读过你的书 |
[25:27] | Did you? | 是吗 |
[25:29] | Well, most of it. | 读了大部分 |
[25:30] | I confess, I may not quite have | 我承认 我并没有 |
[25:32] | soldiered through to the end. | 坚持读完全书 |
[25:33] | But, you know, I got the gist of it. | 不过 我抓到要点了 |
[25:40] | If you don’t mind my asking, | 但我想请问一下 |
[25:41] | what did you take to be its gist? | 你觉得要点是什么 |
[25:44] | Wealthy son of a wealthy man takes to the sea | 显赫家族的优秀后人走向海洋 |
[25:47] | to prove something to the parents, presumably. | 或许是为了向父母证明些什么 |
[25:51] | Seeks adventure, finds the limits of his own capacity. | 寻求冒险 探索自己能力的极限 |
[25:55] | Loses everything in the process | 在这个过程中他失去了一切 |
[25:57] | and then stumbles upon a hell of a story in the process. | 也在这个过程中偶然发掘一篇绝妙的故事 |
[26:01] | Please understand, I’m quite particular about my library, | 请你理解 我对我的藏书很是挑剔 |
[26:04] | but people seem to have liked it fine, | 但人们似乎很喜欢你的故事 |
[26:07] | and it seems to have done wonders for you. | 这也似乎给你带来了不少好处 |
[26:09] | So congratulations on all that. | 恭喜你名利双收 |
[26:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:21] | All of that notwithstanding… | 话虽这么说 |
[26:25] | you and I share an experience in this place. | 你我在此地有着共通的经历 |
[26:29] | And as such, I’m hopeful that you’ll understand | 因此 我希望你能明白 |
[26:32] | why it is I brought you here today | 我今天请你来这儿的理由 |
[26:34] | and what it is I’m about to ask of you. | 以及我将对你提出的请求 |
[26:38] | What’s that? | 什么请求 |
[26:41] | I know you removed a significant amount of gold from the fort. | 我知道你从堡垒中移走了一大笔金子 |
[26:45] | I know it is in your possession, | 我知道金子仍在你手里 |
[26:46] | and I need you to give it up… | 我需要你交出来 |
[26:50] | or we’re all dead. | 不然我们都会死 |
[27:12] | You can’t win. | 你没有胜算 |
[27:16] | I hear you spent weeks becalmed, | 我听说你在无风带待了几周 |
[27:18] | deprived of food and water. | 缺少食物和水 |
[27:20] | At your best, it would have been a dogfight, | 若你在最佳状态 或许还能势均力敌 |
[27:22] | but diminished… | 但衰弱的你 |
[27:25] | I’m not that diminished. | 我没那么衰弱 |
[27:30] | He’s been off the account for years. | 他归隐许多年 |
[27:33] | He’ll be more vulnerable than he remembers himself being. | 他会比他记忆中的自己要脆弱 |
[27:36] | He’s not that vulnerable. | 他没那么脆弱 |
[27:39] | And for what? | 这都是为了什么 |
[27:41] | You subject yourself to certain death | 你逼自己面对死亡的威胁 |
[27:42] | for an island full of weaklings and ingrates? | 就为了一座满是懦夫和忘恩负义之人的岛 |
[27:45] | Those men will go where they are led. | 那些人会追随领导 |
[27:50] | Rogers captured their minds before you could, | 罗杰斯抢在你之前俘获了他们的思想 |
[27:52] | but let’s not pretend that they can’t be won again. | 但你我都清楚并不是没有机会夺回 |
[27:55] | And let’s not pretend that either of us believes for a moment | 你我也都再清楚不过我这么做 |
[27:58] | that I’m doing this for their sakes. | 根本不是为了他们 |
[28:01] | I gave you my word. | 我向你保证过 |
[28:03] | Shook your hand. | 握过你的手 |
[28:05] | Pledged to defend the island with you. | 承诺与你一起保卫那座岛 |
[28:08] | But my pledge to him began | 但我对他的承诺 |
[28:09] | a long time before I ever knew your name. | 早在我知道你的名字前就开始了 |
[28:13] | – What I owe him — – I don’t care. | -我欠他的 -我不在乎 |
[28:16] | I don’t care that you shook my hand. | 我不在乎你握过我的手 |
[28:19] | I don’t care what you feel you owe him. | 我不在乎你觉得你欠他的 |
[28:22] | This is too important to be clouded by any of that. | 此事过于重要 不能受那些情绪蒙蔽 |
[28:25] | They took my home. | 他们夺走了我的家园 |
[28:30] | I can’t walk away from that. | 我不能就这样不了了之 |
[28:33] | Can you? | 难道你能吗 |
[28:36] | Forget me, forget Teach, forget loyalty, | 别管我 别管蒂奇 别管忠诚 |
[28:39] | compacts, honor, debts, all of it. | 契约 荣誉 债务 统统抛开 |
[28:42] | The only question that matters is this. | 唯一重要的问题是 |
[28:47] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[28:59] | Spain knows about the exchanges? | 西班牙人知道我把金子换了 |
[29:02] | They do, and they are displeased. | 知道 他们很气愤 |
[29:09] | How do you know they know? | 你怎么知道他们知道了 |
[29:20] | So what does that look like? | 所以眼下是什么情况 |
[29:22] | Return it all or it’s the Rosario raid all over again? | 不全数归还就重新上演罗萨里奥突袭吗 |
[29:25] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[29:31] | I understand why you did it. | 我明白你为什么这么做 |
[29:34] | I know what it feels like to lose everything | 我明白失去一切 |
[29:36] | and feel powerless to do anything about it. | 又无力改变的感觉 |
[29:39] | The temptation to keep something to show for it all, | 保留些什么以示自己曾经拥有的那种诱惑 |
[29:42] | I understand it. | 我都明白 |
[29:45] | But it does not change the reality we face. | 但这不能改变我们所面对的现实 |
[29:48] | That you face. | 你所面对的现实 |
[29:52] | For I assure you, if Spain invades over this, | 我可以向你保证 如果西班牙入侵这里 |
[29:54] | yours will be the first face they see. | 你会是他们见到的第一个人 |
[30:10] | I heard Henry Avery’s name when I was a boy, | 我小时候听过亨利·艾弗里的大名 |
[30:12] | heard the way people spoke it– | 大家说他名字时的语气 |
[30:14] | grown men in awe of it. | 大人们都很敬畏这个名字 |
[30:20] | I came to this place so determined to do the same. | 我来到这里 决心成为像他一样的人 |
[30:26] | That’s not going to happen the way I thought it was, is it? | 但世事并不会一切如我所愿 对吗 |
[30:31] | It never does. | 永远如此 |
[30:38] | My advice? | 我的建议是 |
[30:41] | You want some say in how they speak of you? | 你想左右人们对你的看法吗 |
[30:47] | Write a book. | 写本自传 |
[30:52] | Right now, what do you want to do? | 现在 你想做什么 |
[30:59] | Do you have a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[31:02] | He’s agreed to cooperate. | 他同意合作了 |
[31:04] | One man goes into the interior to deliver this, | 派人去内陆送这封信 |
[31:06] | instructions written in his hand to his partner | 他亲手写给合作伙伴的指示 |
[31:08] | to return to Nassau and surrender the cache. | 返回拿骚 交出宝藏 |
[31:10] | He said she may be wary, | 他说她可能会很谨慎 |
[31:12] | asked there be only one messenger to deliver the letter. | 特地要求只能派一人送这封信 |
[31:15] | Give this to Lieutenant Hersey. | 把它给赫西上尉 |
[31:16] | Have him prepare to depart for the interior. | 让他准备动身去内陆 |
[31:18] | I’ll pass him details momentarily. | 我一会儿告诉他细节 |
[31:20] | He should be made aware Anne will not be taken lightly. | 应该让他知道安妮不容小觑 |
[31:22] | Well, neither will Lieutenant Hersey. | 赫西上尉也一样 |
[31:28] | I understand Jack was arrested today. | 我知道杰克今天被捕了 |
[31:31] | I would like to know why. | 我想知道原因 |
[31:52] | What happens if he loses? | 如果他输了会怎样 |
[31:55] | If he loses, he dies. | 如果他输了 他就没命了 |
[32:00] | I meant what happens to us? | 我是说我们会怎样 |
[32:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:06] | Probably given a chance to join the fleet, | 说不定会让我们加入舰队 |
[32:09] | fold in, and go back on the account. | 融入他们 重操旧业 |
[32:13] | When your men entreated me to join your crew, | 你的人之前恳请我加入你们船队 |
[32:17] | they said your captain was a man worth following. | 他们说你们的船长是个值得追随的人 |
[32:20] | A strong man, a wise man, they said. | 他们说他很强大 很有智慧 |
[32:24] | But right now I can’t tell | 可现在我看不出 |
[32:25] | which side of this contest you’d prefer to see prevail. | 这场决斗你希望谁占上风 |
[32:31] | Can you help me make sense of that? | 你能让我明白点吗 |
[32:38] | A few days ago I could make sense of all of it. | 几天前 我自己也很明白 |
[32:43] | He was going to die and we were going to be free, | 我知道他会死去 而我们即将自由 |
[32:46] | from the account, from him… | 摆脱海盗生涯 摆脱他… |
[32:51] | With all the shit he’s done, the things he’s gotten away with, | 他干了这么多破事 逃脱无数惩罚 |
[32:53] | that would have been fair. | 这样才公平 |
[32:55] | That would have been right. | 这才是对的 |
[32:57] | I think part of the reason | 我想之所以我能站在他这边 |
[32:59] | I’ve been able to stand by his side | 一定程度上是因为 |
[33:02] | is that I wanted to make sure I’ve got a good view | 我想确定我能见证 |
[33:04] | of the moment the world finally catches up to him… | 世界终于抓住他的那一刻… |
[33:10] | and this story starts to make sense again. | 然后事情才开始再次说得通 |
[33:15] | to be settled once and for good in the here and now. | 将在此时此地一次性决出胜负 |
[33:19] | The parties have agreed to combat | 双方同意决斗 |
[33:20] | and have accepted common practice. | 并使用决斗惯例 |
[33:22] | The parties have further agreed | 双方还同意 |
[33:23] | there will be no quarter asked nor given. | 将不会请求或给予同情 |
[33:55] | Cock your pistols! | 上膛 |
[34:02] | From this moment, there’s to be no movement until a count of three. | 现在开始 数到三才能动 |
[34:08] | One… | 一 |
[34:10] | Two… | 二 |
[34:12] | Three! | 三 |
[37:21] | Take him. | 带他走 |
[37:23] | And get the fuck off my beach. | 滚出我的海滩 |
[37:50] | If you won’t take the opium, | 如果你不想吃鸦片 |
[37:52] | at least take this to bite down on. | 至少可以咬住这个 |
[37:57] | Just do it. | 直接上药 |
[38:55] | The burden I wasn’t prepared for… | 我没有准备好承担的重担 |
[39:00] | it isn’t the men. | 不是船员们 |
[39:04] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[39:08] | Flint? | 弗林特 |
[39:11] | What he wants, | 他之所愿 |
[39:14] | what he needs, | 他之所需 |
[39:15] | what he fears… | 他之所惧 |
[39:19] | the depths of it… | 如此深不可测 |
[39:22] | they are profound and dark. | 如此无垠黑暗 |
[39:26] | I serve the crew best by tempering him, | 为了船员们 我必须安抚他 |
[39:29] | steering him where he’s needed. | 将他领向他被需要的地方 |
[39:33] | I’ve descended into those depths and connected with him | 为此我也陷入那些深渊 与他交心 |
[39:35] | so that I might be able to do so. | 这样我才能做到 |
[39:40] | But I am acutely aware | 但我非常清楚 |
[39:41] | that I’m not the first to have been there… | 我不是第一个这么做的人 |
[39:45] | to have been a partner to him in this way. | 不是第一个在他身边这样的人 |
[39:49] | And that the ones that have seen those depths before… | 而那些曾经陷入那些深渊的人 |
[39:55] | they never surfaced again. | 他们再也没有出来 |
[39:59] | Maybe their mistake was in trying to do it alone. | 或许他们的问题在于想靠一己之力做到 |
[40:04] | Maybe to go to such a place, | 或许在那深渊里 |
[40:07] | one needs another | 你们需要互相依靠 |
[40:09] | to hold the tether and to find a way out. | 才能不致迷失 找到出路 |
[40:18] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[40:46] | I know this cannot have been easy for you. | 我知道这对你来说肯定不容易 |
[40:49] | I know this is so far from how you thought things would end. | 我知道这和你想的结局很不同 |
[40:53] | But I wanted you to know that the end of this | 但我希望你知道此事的终结 |
[40:56] | may not quite be what you think it is. | 可能会和你想的非常不同 |
[41:00] | How’s that? | 那会是什么样 |
[41:02] | When Anne receives your letter | 当安妮收到你的信 |
[41:04] | and returns here with what remains of the cache, | 带着剩下的私藏金子回到这里时 |
[41:06] | Nassau will be secured, | 拿骚就安全了 |
[41:09] | and everyone will know that it is because of Jack Rackham | 所有人都会知道这是因为杰克·拉克姆 |
[41:14] | that it occurred. | 才有的结局 |
[41:18] | I’ll have spared Nassau… | 我令拿骚幸免于难 |
[41:23] | and you think the story of it | 而你觉得这个故事 |
[41:24] | will be told long after I am gone? | 在我死后会流传千古吗 |
[41:26] | I know it will. | 我知道它会的 |
[41:28] | I will make sure of it. | 我会确保这点 |
[41:31] | Sounds a lifeless story to me, | 在我看来 这故事毫无生气 |
[41:34] | and one that requires commitments before the fact | 需要利益驱动 而不是故事本身 |
[41:37] | to ensure its retelling. | 才能确保它会被复述 |
[41:38] | When the current story unfolds, I assure you, | 而如今故事的结局 我向你保证 |
[41:43] | it’s going to get around all on its own. | 不需借他人之口就能传扬四海 |
[41:47] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[41:51] | I walked into this place today | 今天我走进这里 |
[41:52] | stunned at how quickly that man downstairs | 震惊于楼下那个人 |
[41:55] | had completed his conquest, | 如此迅速就征服了一切 |
[41:57] | how thoroughly he had seemed to win | 看起来他似乎赢得了 |
[41:58] | just about everyone I know over to his side. | 几乎所有我认识之人的忠心 |
[42:01] | The truth of the matter is there’s been no conquest. | 事实上 这根本不是征服 |
[42:05] | It’s only the appearance of one. | 那只是表象 |
[42:08] | For conquest is an either/or proposition. | 对于征服来说 只有两种可能 |
[42:11] | Either you have it or you do not. | 要么做到了 要么没有 |
[42:13] | It would appear that without that cache, | 而看起来如果没有私藏珠宝 |
[42:15] | he most certainly does not. | 他绝对做不到 |
[42:19] | Jack, what did you do? | 杰克 你做了什么 |
[42:23] | I sent word to Anne | 我告诉安妮 |
[42:24] | to take the cache and disappear. | 拿了珠宝 然后消失 |
[42:32] | No. The governor saw your letter to her. | 不 总督看过你给她写的信了 |
[42:36] | You don’t think I can convey a thought to Anne | 你觉得我不能用只有她理解的方式 |
[42:39] | comprehensible only to her? | 告诉她一个信息吗 |
[42:40] | A thought as simple as “run”? | 简单的信息 比如”跑” |
[42:43] | A letter that said everything the governor wished it to say | 那封信写了总督希望写的全部内容 |
[42:45] | in exactly the way he’d want to say it | 用他希望的语气 |
[42:46] | would not sound like anything I’d ever say. | 但那根本不像是我会写的东西 |
[42:49] | A thought here or two between the lines… | 字里行间透露出一两条信息… |
[42:51] | I assure you, she understood. | 我向你保证 她懂的 |
[42:56] | So I have begun the duel | 这样我开始了 |
[42:59] | between myself and our Lord Governor. | 自己与总督大人间的较量 |
[43:02] | The rules are simple. | 规则很简单 |
[43:03] | I will deny him the cache. | 我会让他拿不到那些金子 |
[43:05] | No matter what sort of inducements he offers or pain he inflicts, | 无论他用利诱还是威胁 |
[43:09] | I will deny him the cache, | 我就是要让他拿不到 |
[43:10] | and so I will deny him the victory. | 这样他就无法取得胜利 |
[43:13] | And in doing so, | 这么做 |
[43:15] | I will ensure that whatever Nassau is come Christmas, | 我能保证在下一个圣诞来临时 |
[43:19] | English will be not it. | 拿骚绝不会属于英国 |
[43:32] | Do not do this. | 别这么做 |
[43:34] | It’s done. | 木已成舟 |
[43:47] | So, one of two outcomes will result. | 于是 只会出现两种结果之一 |
[43:50] | Rogers will understand his defeat | 罗杰斯会明白他的失败 |
[43:52] | to be ultimately inevitable and leave this place, | 最终无法避免而离开这里 |
[43:54] | in which case I’ll have it back. | 这样我就可以夺回它 |
[43:56] | Or he’ll stubbornly refuse | 或者他固执地不肯相信 |
[44:00] | and eventually Spain will raze this place to the ground. | 最终西班牙会把这里夷为平地 |
[44:03] | The English flag will burn, | 英国国旗将焚烧殆尽 |
[44:06] | and a second pirate republic will be born | 而第二个海盗共和国 |
[44:08] | from the ashes of the first. | 会在前身的灰烬中浴火重生 |
[44:09] | Only this time, every man who calls it home | 只是这次 所有视这里为家的人 |
[44:11] | will know it came about because of me. | 都会知道这一切都是因为我 |
[44:41] | I worry… | 我担心 |
[44:44] | that we have made a terrible mistake. | 我们犯了个严重的错误 |
[44:47] | I see what you see in them– | 我知道你看到了他们身上的什么 |
[44:48] | Silver and Flint. | 西尔弗和弗林特 |
[44:50] | But their relationship is so volatile | 但他们的关系是如此不稳定 |
[44:54] | and we have put our lives in their hands. | 我们就这样把我们的命交给他们 |
[44:59] | Those men rose to their stations | 这些人能取得如今的地位 |
[45:03] | because they are peerless | 因为他们有着过人的能力 |
[45:06] | when it comes to shaping the world to their will, | 能按照自己的意志塑造着这个世界 |
[45:10] | in creating a narrative and wielding it | 编造故事以迫使 |
[45:13] | to compel men’s hearts and minds. | 人们心服口服地追随他们 |
[45:17] | But the most compelling story | 而每一个最有说服力的故事 |
[45:21] | requires a villain at its center. | 都需要一个恶人 |
[45:24] | And if either Captain Flint or Mr. Silver | 如果弗林特船长或西尔弗先生 |
[45:29] | sees the other as a villain– or worse… | 视对方为恶人 或者更糟 |
[45:33] | us as that– | 把我们视为恶人 |
[45:36] | then all is lost. | 那么全盘皆输 |
[45:41] | They are of great value to us, | 他们对于我们有巨大的价值 |
[45:46] | but they must be managed by us to avoid that outcome. | 但我们必须控制好他们以避免这种结果 |
[45:51] | How? | 如何控制 |
[45:57] | I wish… | 我希望 |
[45:59] | you and I had not been so separate all those years. | 你我没有如此分开这么多年 |
[46:05] | I wish I could have found a way | 我希望我可以找到一种方式 |
[46:08] | to be a better father to you. | 成为一个更好的父亲 |
[46:14] | But over time, I was determined | 但这么多年 我坚持地想要 |
[46:18] | to leave you something behind, | 为你留下些什么 |
[46:20] | to give you the one thing | 给你留下任何人 |
[46:22] | that no one could ever take away… | 都无法夺走的一样东西 |
[46:27] | and that would make you strong enough | 这会让你足以坚强 |
[46:29] | to understand their world, | 去理解他们的世界 |
[46:33] | interact with their world… | 与他们的世界互动 |
[46:37] | wage war on their world. | 与他们的世界宣战 |
[46:42] | But if their identity lies in their stories, | 但如果他们的身份藏于他们的故事中 |
[46:44] | I wanted you to know them | 我想要你知道 |
[46:46] | so that when we are ready to call them enemies, | 这样当我们准备好与他们为敌时 |
[46:49] | you would be ready for it. | 你会准备好 |
[46:52] | The villain makes the story. | 恶人是故事的核心 |
[46:54] | So to manage our current partners, | 在与我们现在的伙伴打交道时 |
[46:56] | we must ensure that we all agree at all times | 我们必须保证大家时刻都清楚 |
[47:00] | who our common villain is. | 我们共同的敌人是谁 |
[47:06] | The fugitive’s name is Anne Bonny. | 逃犯名叫安妮·伯妮 |
[47:09] | She’s going for a capture of 500 pounds. | 抓到她的人会得到500英镑的奖励 |
[47:13] | …several miles away on the road out of town. | …出城路几英里附近 |
[47:23] | Earlier today, | 今天早些时候 |
[47:24] | before we knew Rackham was still on the island, | 在我们得知拉克姆还在岛上之前 |
[47:28] | you seemed confident that | 你似乎很有信心 |
[47:29] | we could locate him and his friend in time. | 认为我们可以及时找到他和他朋友 |
[47:33] | You said it was possible | 你说这是可行的 |
[47:34] | because they didn’t know that we were looking for them. | 因为他们不知道我们在寻找他们 |
[47:38] | Why do I get the feeling, now that they do know, | 为什么我觉得 既然如今他们已经知道了 |
[47:42] | now that they’ve made it their personal crusade | 并已经把颠覆这统治制度 |
[47:45] | to see this regime fail, | 作为毕生己愿 |
[47:47] | that your estimate will be far less optimistic? | 你的预测将不再那么乐观 |
[47:52] | The militia will help. | 民兵会有一定作用 |
[47:53] | It will keep the pressure on, | 能给他们不断造成压力 |
[47:55] | and perhaps we’ll get lucky. | 或许我们能走运 |
[47:56] | But if we don’t, then you may have to be prepared– | 但如果没有 那你就要做好准备… |
[47:58] | Oh, I’m prepared to do anything. | 我已经做好了一切准备 |
[48:04] | Anne Bonny must be found. | 一定要找到安妮·伯妮 |
[48:07] | The cache must be found. | 一定要找回那笔财物 |
[48:10] | Right now, that is all that matters. | 眼下 这是最要紧的 |
[48:15] | And that said, | 也就是说 |
[48:18] | the goodwill that we have engendered | 我们不会无休止地 |
[48:19] | among the people of Nassau is not without limits. | 对拿骚人民表达善意 |
[48:24] | The longer this drags out, the riskier it becomes, | 这件事拖延地越久 风险就越大 |
[48:27] | because if I find that money only to lose the street– | 因为如果我找到了钱却失去了民心… |
[48:30] | You will not. | 不会的 |
[48:34] | If you have me, then you have the street. | 有我在 你就有了民心 |
[48:38] | I am all the reassurance they need. | 我就是他们一切需求的保证 |
[48:42] | Yes, Jack and Anne were my partners, my friends. | 没错 杰克和安妮曾是我的合伙人 朋友 |
[48:47] | More. | 甚至更多 |
[48:49] | But now they have made themselves something else to me. | 但如今他们对我来说有了其他意义 |
[48:53] | I have sacrificed too much to build something here. | 为了经营这里我做出了巨大牺牲 |
[48:56] | I will not let them take it away. | 我不会让他们夺走的 |
[49:37] | All he ever did was offer me his friendship. | 一直以来 他都善待于我 |
[49:41] | I cast him aside once, spent years regretting it. | 我曾背弃过他 为此后悔多年 |
[49:47] | And now here we are again. | 如今我却再次这么做了 |
[49:52] | Tell me I didn’t do it for nothing. | 告诉我 这么做是有意义的 |
[49:57] | Well, I won’t lie to you. | 我不会骗你 |
[50:00] | It would have helped having the fleet. | 如果能得到舰队会更加有利 |
[50:09] | We have assets, we have allies. | 我们有钱 有盟友 |
[50:13] | The question is what we make of them. | 问题是我们要如何利用 |
[50:16] | I may be able to help in that regard. | 没准我能在这方面帮上忙 |
[50:21] | Something to add to our pool of assets. | 为我们再增加一些资源 |
[50:26] | Before Ocracoke, we came upon a prize– | 到达奥克拉科克之前 我们劫了一艘船… |
[50:30] | a Spanish prize | 西班牙船 |
[50:32] | ferrying a significant trove of intelligence. | 满载着大量情报 |
[50:35] | Most of it was destroyed by the time we found it, | 等我们发现时 大部分已经被毁 |
[50:38] | but among the remains was one piece of information, | 但仅存的情报中有一条信息 |
[50:42] | something everyone else was quick to dismiss | 大部分人都选择了无视 |
[50:44] | as it held no value to them in that moment. | 因为当时对他们来说并无价值 |
[50:48] | Information about what? | 关于什么的信息 |
[50:50] | Money… | 金钱… |
[50:52] | separated from the Urca gold within the fort | 从堡垒中厄卡号金子中转移出来的一部分 |
[50:55] | and rendered into a new form– | 并变换成了另一种形态… |
[50:57] | a cache of gems | 一批匿藏珠宝 |
[50:59] | for which Spain is holding the new governor accountable. | 西班牙将此怪罪在了新任总督的头上 |
[51:03] | A cache which, if used creatively, | 这批匿藏的珠宝 如果用得巧妙 |
[51:07] | could be the key to defeating British forces in Nassau. | 将可能成为战胜驻拿骚英军的关键 |
[51:11] | The only question is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[51:14] | can we find it before he does? | 我们能否抢在他之前找到 |