时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | We’re going that way. | 我们走那边 |
[00:12] | That’s a ship killer. | 进入那风暴必死无疑 |
[00:14] | We should have taken the pardons. | 我们应该接受赦免的 |
[00:16] | The men, I understand. | 我了解这些人 |
[00:17] | Flint had them exactly where he needed them. | 弗林特非常清楚如何利用他们… |
[00:20] | But he had me there, too. | 但他也说服了我 |
[00:22] | – These are identical. – What are you suggesting? | -这些是一样的 -那你有什么高见 |
[00:25] | That we exchange it, find partners, | 我们把金子换成别的东西 找生意上的合作伙伴 |
[00:27] | and trade coin for commodities far easier to protect. | 将黄金换成更容易转移和守护的商品 |
[00:30] | I returned to go on the account as I know it, | 如今我回来是为了重振旧日的海盗雄风 |
[00:33] | because in this place | 因为在这里 |
[00:34] | I believed I could find the men necessary to do so. | 我相信我能找到需要的人 |
[00:36] | And in particular one man | 尤其是一个让我觉得 |
[00:38] | that I thought worthy of standing alongside me | 够格与我并肩 |
[00:40] | at the head of a terrible fleet. | 领导这只无畏舰队的人 |
[00:41] | I’m all too aware what Charles Vane’s capable of destroying | 我太清楚只要查尔斯·韦恩下了决心 |
[00:44] | when he sets his mind on it. | 能造成多大的破坏 |
[00:45] | What is it you would like to have him take from you? | 你想他从你这夺走什么呢 |
[00:48] | Captain Flint is dead. | 弗林特船长已死 |
[00:53] | We’re not moving. | 我们没有在前进 |
[00:54] | The storm drove us east. We are becalmed. | 风暴将我们吹向了东边 我们被困住了 |
[03:07] | Son of the wealthiest man in St. Kitts, they say. | 据说他父亲是圣基茨最富有之人 |
[03:13] | Also say he fucked his partner | 我还听说他把搭档 |
[03:15] | out of their trading company. | 赶出了合伙的贸易公司 |
[03:18] | Stole it all. | 侵吞了他所有财产 |
[03:21] | A world where he’s the civilized one and we’re the savages | 如今他是文明之人 我们却成了蛮荒之徒 |
[03:25] | is a world I’m never gonna fuckin’ understand. | 这样操蛋的世界我永远不懂 |
[03:47] | That was nice. | 真爽 |
[03:49] | Hopefully we have shown you our thanks | 希望你感受到了我们的诚意 |
[03:51] | for agreeing to conduct this transaction on our soil | 感谢你同意来我们这完成交易 |
[03:54] | and that we can be most hospitable | 你也看到了 我们对贸易伙伴 |
[03:56] | to our partners in trade. | 是非常热情的 |
[03:58] | Now shall we conclude our business? | 现在我们来完成交易吧 |
[04:01] | 316 black pearls to be exchanged | 316颗黑珍珠 |
[04:05] | for 46,121 pieces of eight. | 交换46121块金币 |
[04:10] | The method of our figuring this value for each item | 每件物品的交换方式均已详细记录 |
[04:12] | has been recorded if either party wishes to know it. | 欢迎交易双方查看 |
[04:15] | I would like to see it, please. | 可以给我看看吗 |
[04:23] | A literate Negress. | 这黑鬼还会识字 |
[04:26] | Is there no end to the surprises this place has to offer? | 看来这地方真是惊喜不断啊 |
[04:28] | What the fuck did he just say? | 他刚才说什么 |
[04:32] | I imagine she comes from slave stock. | 我想她以前应该是奴隶 |
[04:35] | Of some sort, yeah? | 我没猜错吧 |
[04:37] | I understand she can dress as a civilized woman, | 尽管她可以打扮成上流社会的模样 |
[04:40] | but to behave as one, that is impressive. | 但行为举止也如此得体 确实令人佩服 |
[04:44] | The accounts are acceptable. We have a deal. | 交易很合理 成交 |
[04:50] | You seem like a lovely creature. | 你这小妞看起来不错 |
[04:53] | When the governor arrives, if you do indeed flee, | 等总督来了之后 如果你打算逃离 |
[04:56] | there will be a place for you in my employ. | 你可以来我的手下做事 |
[04:57] | Governor? What governor? | 总督 什么总督 |
[05:03] | You are disposing of your treasury of ill-gotten plunder | 你将得来的不义之财悉数转换 |
[05:07] | so you might leave this place before the new regime arrives. | 好在新政权来临之前逃离这里 |
[05:11] | That’s what I thought this was all about in the first place. | 我以为这就是你们这么做的原因 |
[05:17] | You don’t know, do you? | 你们不知道 对吧 |
[05:20] | – Invasion? – A fleet. | -入侵 -一支舰队 |
[05:22] | Eight ships, soldiers, 700, | 八艘船 700名士兵 |
[05:24] | all led by a man claiming | 由一名自称被任命为 |
[05:25] | to have been appointed governor of this place | 这里总督的人统领 |
[05:27] | and empowered to take it back by force if necessary. | 必要时甚至会以武力征服 |
[05:31] | News of this is spreading quickly. | 消息已经传开了 |
[05:33] | How long until they arrive here? | 他们什么时候到这里 |
[05:37] | 12 days, approximately. | 大概12天 |
[05:40] | How many batteries have been repaired on the fort walls? | 堡垒城墙上的炮台已经修好几座了 |
[05:43] | Two. Two guns each. | 两座 每座两门炮 |
[05:44] | The fifth and sixth guns are going up tomorrow. | 第五和第六门炮明天会装上 |
[05:47] | Did he say how the fleet was comprised? | 他说了舰队的编制吗 |
[05:48] | How many Men of War? | 有几艘战舰 |
[05:49] | He didn’t say. | 他没说 |
[05:50] | Well, how many guns did he say? | 他说了有多少门炮吗 |
[05:52] | He didn’t say. | 他没说 |
[05:53] | Well, whatever it is, six guns ain’t gonna be enough to stop it. | 不管有多少 六门炮也没法阻挡他们 |
[05:56] | If they were supporting a fleet in the bay. | 如果在海湾内组织起一只舰队 |
[05:58] | A line in defense of the harbor mouth. | 在港口构成一条防线 |
[05:59] | Yeah, but how many of those crews | 但到底有多少船队 |
[06:01] | can we honestly expect to participate in that fight? | 我们可以确保会加入这场战斗 |
[06:04] | A third? Half if we’re lucky? | 三分之一 幸运的话 或许一半 |
[06:06] | What if it were all of them? | 如果是所有人呢 |
[06:09] | All the crews. | 所有船队 |
[06:10] | All that matter, yes. | 所有有用的人 |
[06:15] | Burgess. Woodall. The Cockrams. | 伯吉斯 伍道尔 柯克兰 |
[06:18] | Have you met those people? | 你见过那些人吗 |
[06:19] | They’re not exactly a rally around a flag sort. | 他们本来就不是喊打喊杀的人 |
[06:22] | How could you possibly convince them all | 你怎么可能说服他们所有人 |
[06:25] | to join a fight like this? | 加入这种战斗 |
[06:26] | Because if they all join, there may be no fight. | 因为如果他们都加入 就不会有战斗了 |
[06:30] | A show of force. | 展示我们的实力 |
[06:31] | A massive show of force. | 展示我们强大的实力 |
[06:33] | A thousand men, a dozen ships, | 一千多人 十几艘船 |
[06:35] | plus the Man O’ War, | 再加上风帆战舰 |
[06:37] | all organized for battle. | 全都整装备战 |
[06:38] | Organized under who? Flint is still nowhere to be found. | 谁来组织备战 弗林特现在还不见人影 |
[06:41] | He’ll return in time, and if he doesn’t, I’ll do it. | 他会及时回来的 不然就我来 |
[06:43] | Look me in the face and tell me you doubt it. | 你要是还有疑虑就当面告诉我 |
[06:48] | If we all unite, the fight that we will present to our invaders | 如果我们联合起来 那些入侵者就会意识到 |
[06:51] | will appear so costly and painful, | 这必定是一场苦战 |
[06:53] | they will choose to walk away from it | 他们会选择偃旗息鼓 |
[06:55] | rather than risk humiliation at our hands. | 而不是折辱于我们手中 |
[06:57] | Increase their fear of defeat, | 让他们愈加惧怕战败 |
[06:59] | and we decrease the cost of our victory. | 就能让我们更加有机会不战而胜 |
[07:02] | I believe it is to be done. | 我相信这样能行 |
[07:05] | Tell me you do, too, | 告诉我你们也这么认为 |
[07:07] | and we’ll make it happen together. | 让我们团结一心一起对抗 |
[07:20] | I’ve just concluded meeting | 我已经会见完 |
[07:20] | with Commodore Chamberlain and his staff. | 张伯伦准将和他的手下 |
[07:23] | The date has been set for our arrival in Nassau, | 我们到达拿骚的日子已经定下来了 |
[07:26] | roughly two weeks from today, | 大概是两个星期后 |
[07:28] | and when that happens, | 到时候 |
[07:29] | decisions are gonna be made over a matter of hours | 几小时之内就能决定 |
[07:31] | that will determine the future of the island for decades to come. | 那座岛未来几十年的命运 |
[07:34] | And almost all of it is going to depend upon that. | 几乎所有事都取决于这个 |
[07:39] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[07:41] | The address I intend to make to the inhabitants of Nassau | 我决定向拿骚的居民发表讲话 |
[07:44] | in which I will invite them all to accept the king’s pardon | 请他们接受国王的赦免 |
[07:46] | and join my efforts to restore law, order, | 与我一起重建新普罗维登斯岛的 |
[07:49] | and commerce to New Providence Island. | 法律 秩序与商业 |
[07:53] | So you’re just going to sail into the harbor, | 所以你想就这么驶进港口 |
[07:56] | row yourself onto the beach, and read this? | 来到海滩上 读这段话吗 |
[08:00] | Captain Hornigold believes that without Captain Flint, | 霍尼戈德船长认为没有弗林特船长 |
[08:02] | there is no one left on that island | 岛上就没有人 |
[08:04] | capable of mounting an organized defense of the bay. | 有能力组织起海湾防御 |
[08:07] | Do you disagree? | 你不同意吗 |
[08:08] | An organized defense? | 组织防御 |
[08:10] | Captain Flint was the only true strategist among them. | 弗林特船长是他们之中唯一有谋略的人 |
[08:14] | But that doesn’t mean that the others | 但这也不代表其他人 |
[08:14] | won’t mount a disorganized one. | 没法进行抵抗 |
[08:17] | Well, I’m not concerned about the odd skirmish. | 我并不担心会起什么奇怪的冲突 |
[08:20] | All that matters is whether that works. | 我只关心这番话会不会起作用 |
[08:23] | Commodore Chamberlain is resolved | 张伯伦准将已经下定决心 |
[08:25] | that either the pirates take to the pardon immediately | 如果那些海盗不当场接受赦免 |
[08:28] | or Nassau will be considered hostile territory. | 拿骚将被定为敌对领土 |
[08:32] | He would then mount a full-scale invasion of the beach, | 他就会对海滩进行全面进攻 |
[08:34] | costing me any chance I might have | 掐灭我安全和谈的 |
[08:36] | of a peaceful transition. | 任何机会 |
[08:39] | And you need my help to ensure | 你需要我帮忙确保 |
[08:40] | that this address is drawn to win the most converts? | 这番讲话能扭转大多数人的态度 |
[08:43] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[08:45] | How sure are you that it would be a bad thing? | 你有多确定这一定是一件坏事 |
[08:48] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[08:50] | If the navy took over, stormed the beach and cleared it, | 如果海军进攻海滩血洗一空 占领拿骚 |
[08:52] | and why would that be such a bad thing? | 为什么这一定是一件坏事 |
[08:55] | I wouldn’t say “Law and order” Here. | 我可不会说”法律和秩序” |
[08:57] | Either is fine. The phrase they find upsetting. | 两个都不行 他们不喜欢这种词 |
[09:00] | If the navy takes the beach, | 如果海军占领海滩 |
[09:02] | there is no way I will recapture the trust | 我就没法重新获取那些 |
[09:04] | of the men who would otherwise have surrendered. | 前来投想者的信任 |
[09:07] | You wouldn’t need their trust | 如果他们不是死了 |
[09:08] | if they were either dead or terrified of you. | 就是对你心生恐惧 你不需要他们信任你 |
[09:10] | Seems the navy is offering to see to one or the other. | 看起来海军的目的非此即彼 |
[09:12] | It could take months to pacify the island by force. | 用武力平息岛上的纷争得要好几个月 |
[09:14] | It would be preferable to me | 我更希望 |
[09:16] | to spend those months building commerce | 把这几个月花在建立商贸上 |
[09:18] | instead of putting out fires. | 而不是解决事端 |
[09:20] | Yes, but if the navy were to remove anybody | 是啊 但是如果海军要除掉那些 |
[09:22] | who was setting those fires, | 挑起事端的人 |
[09:23] | again, would that not be preferable? | 那不是更好吗 |
[09:24] | How exactly did you become the one asking questions here? | 为什么你要问这么多问题 |
[09:28] | And anyone who thinks it’s so easy to win a war by force | 觉得能凭借武力轻易赢下战争的人 |
[09:30] | has never actually been responsible for fighting one. | 都从来没有真正体验过战争 |
[09:37] | You’re not saying that you can’t win. | 你不是说你赢不了 |
[09:40] | You’re saying it would take too long to win it. | 你是说你要花很久才能赢 |
[09:44] | With all these resources, you could outlast them. | 有这么多资源 你耗得过他们 |
[09:46] | Clearly you could outlast them. | 你肯定耗得过他们 |
[09:49] | So why are you so concerned about the time? | 所以你为什么这么在意时间的问题 |
[09:57] | There were a number of parties | 我曾经向多方团体 |
[09:59] | to whom I had to make promises | 许下承诺 |
[10:01] | in exchange for their support of this operation, | 以换取他们对这次行动的支持 |
[10:04] | schedules that had to be met. | 和一些必须要满足的计划 |
[10:06] | And with many of these parties, | 这其中的许多团体 |
[10:08] | Whitehall, my equity investors, my creditors, | 白厅 我的权益投资人们 债权人们 |
[10:11] | the lapse of a deadline or two might be bargained away. | 稍不留神错过最后期限就有可能失去自身价值 |
[10:15] | But there is one particular party | 但有这样一方的耐心 |
[10:17] | whose patience I do not wish to test, | 是我不想去挑战的 |
[10:20] | a party whose history with the pirates of Nassau | 他们和拿骚海盗们的历史表明 |
[10:22] | suggests an extreme reaction would likely follow. | 可能会激起一场极端的反抗 |
[10:25] | Spain. | 西班牙 |
[10:32] | What did you have to promise them? | 你答应他们什么了 |
[10:34] | That I would seize Fort Nassau, | 我会夺下拿骚堡垒 |
[10:37] | secure the remains of the Urca de Lima’s gold stored within it, | 守住放在里面剩下厄卡·德·利马号的金子 |
[10:40] | and return it to Havana. | 并将其归还给哈瓦那 |
[10:42] | Promptly. | 绝不拖延 |
[10:44] | Failure to do so would confirm for them | 办不到的话就会他们就会觉得 |
[10:46] | that I am simply a pirate by another name, | 我只是另一种海盗 |
[10:49] | not to be trusted, | 不值得信赖 |
[10:50] | and would result in a launch of a fleet of ten ships | 并且他们会出动十艘船的舰队 |
[10:53] | and soldiers numbering 1,500 to raze Nassau to the ground. | 和一千五百名士兵将拿骚夷为平地 |
[10:57] | How long did they give you? | 他们给了你多长时间 |
[11:00] | Eight weeks. | 八周 |
[11:03] | Eight? Jesus. | 天啊 八周 |
[11:04] | As long as the fort is taken quickly and in its entirety, | 只要能快速完整地拿下堡垒 |
[11:07] | everything should be fine. | 一切都好商量 |
[11:17] | We’re all dead men. | 我们都死定了 |
[11:21] | Smote by a storm, | 经历了风暴的重击 |
[11:24] | the product of His rage. | 那是上帝的暴怒 |
[11:31] | We are dead men. | 我们死定了 |
[11:35] | Consigned to a place where we are no longer worthy | 被放逐到了连上帝都不屑于 |
[11:37] | even of the Good Lord’s anger | 冲我们动怒的地方 |
[11:41] | and must endure His indifference. | 并且必须忍受上帝的冷漠 |
[11:45] | We are dead men. | 我们死定了 |
[11:48] | Left to suffer, | 只能活活忍受 |
[11:50] | knowing that He no longer hears our cries, | 心中明白上帝再也听不到我们的叫喊了 |
[11:53] | because in this place… | 因为他… |
[11:56] | He is absent. | 不会来到这里 |
[12:00] | How bad is it? | 情况有多糟 |
[12:01] | Since we’ve been becalmed, | 由于我们被困住了 |
[12:03] | our rate of drift has suggested | 我们漂移的速度表明 |
[12:04] | we had a good chance of making landfall | 我们很有可能在 |
[12:06] | on one of these islands | 大概一周到十天的时间 |
[12:07] | in approximately a week to ten days’ time. | 在这些小岛上登岸 |
[12:11] | Based on our readings today and yesterday, however, | 然而 就我们今天和昨天的报告情况来看 |
[12:13] | I would say that that estimate is far too optimistic. | 我觉得那是过于乐观的估计 |
[12:18] | We’ll have to cut the men’s rations again. | 我们得再次缩减供给 |
[12:25] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[12:26] | If anything, stores are dwindling faster than we thought. | 储粮减少的甚至可能比我们料想的还快 |
[12:30] | Fresh water is just about gone. | 淡水马上就没了 |
[12:33] | Food stores have been empty for about three days, | 粮食储备已经断了差不多三天 |
[12:36] | and the haul from the eel nets isn’t keeping pace. | 捕捞的鳗鱼也跟不上消耗的速度 |
[12:38] | Mr. Silver and I will inform the crew. | 西尔弗先生和我会通知船员 |
[12:40] | It can’t be uniform, | 不能采用单一标准 |
[12:43] | the decreases in rations. | 对供给进行缩减 |
[12:47] | At a certain point, | 到了某个时候 |
[12:48] | if we’re all weakened beyond the point | 如果我们都虚弱到 |
[12:49] | at which any of us can hoist our sails, | 无法升帆的程度 |
[12:51] | we’re all dead anyway. | 我们就真死定了 |
[12:53] | Then what would you suggest? | 那你说该怎么办 |
[12:54] | I would suggest that we draw up two lists. | 我建议我们草拟两份名单 |
[12:57] | One with the names of the men | 一份是风起后 |
[12:59] | critical to sailing this ship once the wind returns, | 能驾船航行的关键人员名单 |
[13:03] | and second, the men who aren’t. | 第二份 就是闲杂人等 |
[13:06] | You think we should feed some of the men more than others? | 你觉得我们应该让一部分人得到更多的食物 |
[13:08] | No, I think we should feed some of the men and not others. | 不是 我觉得我们应该只让一部分人有东西吃 |
[13:14] | The survival of the greatest number of men on this crew | 船员中有多少人能幸存下来 |
[13:16] | rests entirely on our ability | 完全取决于我们 |
[13:18] | to maneuver this ship to land. | 能否将船靠岸 |
[13:20] | Any food that is diverted away from men necessary to that end | 这些关键人员吃不上饭 |
[13:22] | only increases our chance | 只会增加 |
[13:24] | that every one of us on this ship dies. | 整船人都丧生的概率 |
[13:28] | You can’t divide the men like that. | 你不能那样把人划分开 |
[13:29] | Most of the men on that list | 名单上大部分的人 |
[13:30] | will survive in a weakened state. | 都会以虚弱的状态活下来 |
[13:32] | Most of them. | 大部分不是所有人 |
[13:36] | Well, why not just take the second list | 那为什么现在不直接把 |
[13:38] | and push ’em over the side right now? | 第二份名单上的人扔到海里呢 |
[13:41] | Wouldn’t that save us all a lot of trouble? | 那样多省事 |
[13:44] | Those men out there hear the two of you arguing, | 外面的人听见你们俩吵 |
[13:46] | and they might just lose whatever faith they’ve got left | 就可能会失去仅存的信心 |
[13:48] | that we have any idea what we’re doing in here. | 他们本以为我们会想出解决办法 |
[13:53] | I will challenge you | 我要挑战你的权威 |
[13:54] | with the men and resist this plan. | 和船员们一起抵抗这个计划 |
[14:01] | If you challenge me in any way while we exist in this state, | 如果你无论如何都要在这种危机下挑战我 |
[14:04] | I will be forced to make an issue | 那我不得不说说 |
[14:05] | of how we entered into it in the first place. | 当初我们是如何沦落此地的 |
[14:08] | How your failure to inform them | 是你忘了告诉他们 |
[14:10] | of the danger inherent in investigating Hallendale’s ship | 调查海伦达拉的船的潜在风险 |
[14:13] | led us into the trap that began all this. | 才导致我们中了圈套开始经历磨难 |
[14:16] | It is his responsibility to challenge you. | 他有责任挑战你的权威 |
[14:18] | Not now. | 不是在现在 |
[14:21] | Not in this state. | 也不是在这种情况下 |
[14:26] | I’m asserting that as captain | 我认为作为船长 |
[14:28] | in a life-threatening situation, | 在危及生命的情况下 |
[14:30] | it is my right to have complete control over ship and men | 为了船员们的整体利益 |
[14:35] | for the sake of their collective welfare | 我有权对船和船员进行全面控制 |
[14:36] | until such time as we emerge from this situation. | 直到我们摆脱这次危机 |
[14:39] | In the meantime, I will compile two lists. | 同时 我将会列两份名单 |
[14:45] | Those men entitled to full food and water rations, | 分别是能享有足够粮食和淡水的船员 |
[14:49] | and those only on limited water for the time being. | 和暂时只能供给有限淡水的船员 |
[15:02] | We’ll need to keep a close eye on him. | 我们得盯紧他 |
[15:05] | As dehydration sets in, | 在脱水的时候 |
[15:06] | we will all be subject to its effects. | 我们都会遭受不良影响 |
[15:10] | Loss of reason, anger… | 失去理智 愤怒 |
[15:14] | eventually hallucinations. | 最后产生幻觉 |
[15:17] | He isn’t losin’ his mind. | 他没有失去理智 |
[15:20] | He’s been concerned about this for some time. | 他担忧这事有些日子了 |
[15:24] | About you. | 也担忧你 |
[15:26] | He thinks I have lost my reason. | 他觉得我失去理智了 |
[15:29] | That the events of Charlestown | 觉得查尔斯敦的事件 |
[15:30] | and everything since is driving me mad. | 和后来发生的事把我逼疯了 |
[15:32] | Is it? | 是这样吗 |
[15:58] | You want us to combine our forces | 你们想让我们联合势力 |
[16:00] | and engage a fleet of a half a dozen ships, | 组织起一支六艘船的舰队 |
[16:03] | and you want us to do it | 和堡垒的六尊大炮 |
[16:04] | with six guns supporting us from the fort | 来支持我们作战 |
[16:06] | so that we can frighten the British Navy into retreat? | 从而吓退英国海军 |
[16:10] | We understand there are eight ships, not six. | 我们说的是八艘船 不是六艘 |
[16:13] | Yes, to the rest of it. | 对 其他的你说的都对 |
[16:14] | Jesus Christ, Jack. | 天啊 杰克 |
[16:15] | Uh, if I may. | 我能说句话吗 |
[16:18] | It stands to reason that if we threaten to defend this place, | 显然如果我们说好要保卫这个地方 |
[16:21] | then we need to have a plan to follow through. | 就需要有一个完整的计划 |
[16:23] | If the bluff is called, then we– | 如果虚张声势被看穿了 那我们 |
[16:24] | There is no bluff here. | 不是在虚张声势 |
[16:26] | If we can discourage them from engaging, | 如果我们能打消他们侵占的念头 |
[16:28] | so much the better. | 那更好 |
[16:29] | If not, we fight to protect the island. | 如果没有 那我们为保岛而战斗 |
[16:31] | With who in command of the fleet? | 谁来指挥舰队 |
[16:33] | No one’s seen Flint in weeks. | 弗林特已经好几周不见人影了 |
[16:34] | When he hears news of the invasion, he’ll return. | 等他听到了入侵的消息 他会回来的 |
[16:36] | But if he doesn’t? | 但要是他没听到呢 |
[16:38] | No man has his skill in leading a fleet in battle. | 只有他有指挥舰队作战的能力 |
[16:41] | Not even you. | 连你都不行 |
[16:43] | What the fuck’s the matter with you people? | 你们他妈的是怎么回事 |
[16:46] | We haven’t done enough for you? | 我们为你们做的不够多吗 |
[16:48] | You turn your back on us now? | 到现在你们过河拆桥了 |
[16:49] | You can see his point, though. | 你明白他不是那个意思 |
[16:51] | If no Flint, the strategy involved | 如果弗林特不在 |
[16:53] | in coordinating this fleet will be– | 舰队联合作战的策略就… |
[16:54] | That’s enough. You, sit down. | 够了 你坐下 |
[16:57] | And the rest of you, please listen closely. | 其余的 请你们听清楚了 |
[17:00] | I never approved of Eleanor Guthrie’s | 我从来没有赞成过埃莉诺·格斯里 |
[17:02] | harsh mothering of this place. | 对这里的专制独裁 |
[17:04] | I believe my record on that issue is in good order. | 我相信我的管理还是井井有条的 |
[17:06] | That said, if you’re going to behave like children, | 即便如此 如果你们仍表现得自理无能 |
[17:08] | then I will be your daddy. | 那我也会开始独揽大权 |
[17:10] | When this meeting breaks, | 如果这个会议谈崩了 |
[17:11] | I will address the street, your crews, | 我就会告诉所有人 你们的船员们 |
[17:14] | and I will persuade them | 而且我会让他们相信 |
[17:16] | that a defense of this place isn’t just desirable, | 保卫这个地方不仅仅是值得的 |
[17:19] | it is critical to their ability to call themselves men. | 也决定了他们是否够格被称作男人 |
[17:23] | I’ll have them in such a state | 我会对他们说 |
[17:25] | that any captain in this room | 任何一个在座的 |
[17:27] | who speaks in opposition to this plan– | 反对这个计划的船长… |
[17:30] | opposition borne from what? | 因什么而反对 |
[17:33] | A fear of losing. | 害怕失败 |
[17:36] | Will not long call himself captain. | 他将失去船长之名 |
[17:42] | I’m committed to this. | 我说到做到 |
[17:43] | Charles is committed to this. | 查尔斯也是 |
[17:45] | Captain Flint will be returning soon. | 弗林特船长很快就会回来 |
[17:46] | He is most committed to this. | 他也绝对如此 |
[17:49] | And if that weren’t enough, | 如果这还不够 |
[17:50] | you will recall that Anne and I | 你们别忘了安妮和我 |
[17:51] | have put thousands of pieces into your pockets | 给你们的口袋里塞了无数的钱财 |
[17:54] | in contemplation of the day | 料想着在保卫家园的时候 |
[17:55] | when your cooperation would be called upon to defend this place. | 我们要号召你们齐心协力 |
[17:59] | That day is today, and you will answer the call. | 今天时候到了 你们必须响应号召 |
[18:03] | Flint is dead. | 弗林特死了 |
[18:09] | News was in St. Kitts. Went down in a storm, | 圣基茨岛传来消息说他们在风暴里沉了 |
[18:14] | pursued by the leading edge of this invasion force, | 他们遭到这股入侵势力的前沿追击 |
[18:17] | the pirate hunter by the name of Benjamin Hornigold. | 对方是名叫本杰明·霍尼戈德的海盗猎人 |
[18:23] | Before anyone commits to anything, | 在任何人做出任何承诺前 |
[18:25] | just know that you’ll be doing it without Flint. | 要清楚不会有弗林特前来助阵了 |
[18:31] | But I may be able to offer an alternative. | 不过 我也许能提供另一个选择 |
[18:45] | Let us agree that if you walk downstairs | 我们先达成共识 如果你下楼时 |
[18:47] | without something to bring those men together, | 没有任何消息能使那些人团结一致 |
[18:49] | to unify them, there will be no defense of this harbor, | 这个海港必失守无疑 |
[18:53] | that you will fall the moment challenged. | 对战开始的瞬间你们就会被击溃 |
[18:55] | And you can offer me that something? | 而你能给我让大家团结一致的消息 |
[18:58] | Yes. Me. | 对 就是我 |
[19:01] | I’m prepared to step into Captain Flint’s shoes, | 我想接管弗林特船长的职责 |
[19:04] | unify those men, prosecute a defense of the harbor, | 团结众人 坚守海港 |
[19:07] | and repel the navy from here definitively. | 一举将海军从这里击退 |
[19:10] | If once I’ve done it, | 前提是我成功后 |
[19:14] | you agree to join me in sailing away from here for good. | 你同意随我扬帆远去 永不回头 |
[19:25] | You would enter into a fight | 你愿意介入一场战役 |
[19:28] | to defend something you have so little regard for | 来保卫你根本不看重的东西 |
[19:32] | just to have my partnership? | 就为了让我加入你 |
[19:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:36] | I know you’re incapable of running from this fight, | 我知道你不能逃离这场战役 |
[19:39] | going back on your word to your friend downstairs, | 不能对楼下的那些兄弟出尔反尔 |
[19:43] | so I won’t ask you to. | 所以我也不会逼你 |
[19:46] | But I will offer you the best of all possible worlds — | 但我可以向你提供最好的可能性 |
[19:51] | beating the English, keeping your word to Rackham, | 击败英国海军 守住与拉克姆的诺言 |
[19:56] | and being free of the burden of this place all at once. | 一次性从这个地方的负担下解脱出来 |
[19:58] | Burden of this place? | 这个地方的负担 |
[19:59] | You not heard a word I’ve said? | 我说的话你一个字也没听进去吗 |
[20:02] | I am committed to it. | 我承诺过献身于这个地方 |
[20:04] | Your commitment is your burden. | 你的承诺就是你的负担 |
[20:06] | Consider what this place has forced you to become | 想想看在你做出承诺后 |
[20:09] | since you made that commitment — | 这个地方把你逼成了什么样子 |
[20:11] | a slaveholder, | 一个奴隶主 |
[20:13] | a man forced to beg his peers to join him in battle. | 一个不得不求着同僚共同抗战的人 |
[20:16] | There’s not a man in that parlor | 那个客厅里没有一个人 |
[20:17] | who would lift a finger in your defense, | 会为了保护你动一动手指 |
[20:19] | yet you would die in theirs. | 而你会为了保护他们而死 |
[20:20] | Jack would. Jack has. | 杰克就会 杰克也那样做过 |
[20:23] | Of course he has. | 那是当然 |
[20:24] | How else does a man like that survive in a place like this | 他只能依附着比他更强大的人 |
[20:27] | except cleave himself to one stronger than he? | 不然像他那样的人要怎么在这种地方生存 |
[20:30] | And for this, he offers you what? | 而反过来他能给你什么呢 |
[20:34] | Loyalty? That is how a dog survives. | 忠诚吗 那是狗的活法 |
[20:38] | Not a man. | 不是人的活法 |
[20:40] | I do not seek your partnership | 我想要你加入我 |
[20:41] | because I am too weak to defend myself. | 不是因为我弱得无法自我防卫 |
[20:44] | I don’t seek it to protect my things or to increase profit. | 不是为了保护财产或增加收益 |
[20:46] | Then why do you? | 那你是为什么 |
[20:49] | You’ve been gone eight years, | 你一去就是八年 |
[20:51] | and suddenly my partnership is this valuable to you? | 突然间我的加入对你来说变得这么宝贵 |
[20:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:58] | Eight years. | 八个年头 |
[21:01] | Nine wives. | 九任妻子 |
[21:05] | No sons. | 没有子嗣 |
[21:11] | There is an instinct to leave behind | 留下些能延续个人存在的事物 |
[21:13] | something made in one’s own image. | 是种人类本能 |
[21:17] | Nature has denied me the ability, it would seem, | 看来老天拒绝让我拥有延绵子嗣的能力 |
[21:20] | but not the need. | 却仍让我有这种需求 |
[21:24] | But whereas the natural way | 然而想让别人怀孕 |
[21:26] | requires no consent from the other party, | 不需要对方的首肯 |
[21:30] | in this case, I’m not so lucky. | 在你这 我却需要你点头同意 |
[21:35] | So there it is. | 就是这样了 |
[21:39] | Yes or no? | 你同不同意 |
[22:04] | He’s leaving. | 他要走了 |
[22:05] | Once this is done, assuming we’re still alive, | 一旦这件事告一段落 假设我们都还活着 |
[22:07] | he’s leaving with Teach. | 他就会和蒂奇离开 |
[22:11] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[22:14] | It bothers me — | 真让我郁闷 |
[22:17] | I don’t know why, but it bothers me. | 我不知道为什么 但我很郁闷 |
[22:19] | Why do you think that is? | 你认为这是为什么 |
[22:20] | ‘Cause you give a shit what he thinks of you? | 因为你在乎他怎么看你呗 |
[22:23] | You always have. | 你一直都在乎 |
[22:25] | – You think? – Yeah. | -你这么想 -是啊 |
[22:27] | You ain’t alone. | 不只是你 |
[22:29] | Plenty of men in this place have done plenty of stupid shit | 这地方的不少人都干过不少傻逼事 |
[22:33] | just to hear Charles Vane call him a proper pirate. | 只为了让查尔斯·韦恩承认他是个合格的海盗 |
[22:38] | Though might be you’re the only one | 虽然也许你是唯一一个 |
[22:39] | who actually made a career of it. | 真正把海盗当职业的人 |
[23:23] | Heard you refused your water ration yesterday. | 听说昨天你拒绝了你的饮水配额 |
[23:28] | I wish you wouldn’t do that. | 我希望你别这样 |
[23:31] | Flint’s only granting me the ration | 弗林特只给我定配额那一招 |
[23:33] | as a fuck you to prove that power’s in his hands. | 他妈的就是想证明是他做主 |
[23:38] | I won’t give him the satisfaction. | 我不会让他得逞的 |
[23:39] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[23:40] | And I don’t like how it looks, | 而且我也不喜欢这种 |
[23:43] | me having a full ration while they waste away, | 我吃全部配额 而其他人日渐消瘦 |
[23:47] | and then asking them to trust me. | 还要让他们相信我的感觉 |
[23:49] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[23:53] | Those men, all of them, even the ones left out, | 那些人 所有人 甚至是被放弃的人 |
[23:58] | they trust you to be able to stand up to the captain | 他们相信你在时机成熟时 |
[24:00] | when the time comes. | 能够反抗船长 |
[24:02] | And you can’t do that if he’s got his strength | 如果他有力气而你没有 |
[24:04] | and you don’t. | 你是做不到的 |
[24:07] | That has been the problem all along. | 那是一直以来的问题所在啊 |
[24:11] | That’s the thing Gates never understood | 这件事盖茨无法理解 |
[24:13] | and a thing you never understood. | 你也无法理解 |
[24:17] | You cannot decide to follow a man like that | 你不能在决心跟随一个那样的人之后 |
[24:20] | and then pick and choose when you deny him. | 再在你质疑他时挑三拣四 |
[24:24] | It’s your job to deny him. | 你的职责就是去质疑他 |
[24:33] | If I challenge him directly, | 如果我直接去挑战他 |
[24:35] | he and I will be at such extreme odds in front of the men, | 我们俩在大家面前将处于极其不利的位置 |
[24:38] | it will be the end of this crew one way or another, | 不管怎样这艘船队都将玩完 |
[24:42] | and I can’t allow that to happen. | 而我决不允许它发生 |
[24:45] | So, once again, | 所以 再一次 |
[24:47] | he is able to conjure the reality he desires | 他可以得到他想要的 |
[24:50] | just as it was in Charlestown. | 就像在查尔斯敦港 |
[24:52] | And just as it was in that storm. | 以及在那次风暴中一样 |
[24:55] | There is no denying a man with that kind of power. | 没有办法质疑有如此强权的人 |
[24:59] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[25:01] | You’re saying Flint conjured that storm? | 你说那场风暴是弗林特搞的鬼 |
[25:02] | He conjured us into it. | 他把我们骗进去了 |
[25:05] | And who’s more powerful? | 谁更厉害 |
[25:07] | The one who made the storm or the one who convinced us | 是弄出风暴的人还是拉我们 |
[25:09] | into battle to defeat it? | 去这场战役中抗争的人 |
[25:13] | A man of his capacities, | 一个人能拥有这样的能力 |
[25:15] | his state of mind becomes reality. | 他的想法就会变成现实 |
[25:20] | We are subject to it. | 我们只能屈服 |
[25:22] | And right now his state of mind’s so dark, | 可是现在他的想法太过邪恶 |
[25:24] | it threatens to kill us all. | 威胁到我们的性命 |
[25:27] | Take your rations. | 喝掉你的配额 |
[25:31] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[25:35] | I’m clearheaded, Billy. | 我很清醒 比利 |
[25:38] | I see him. | 我看透了他 |
[25:43] | During that feud with Vane over the fort, | 在堡垒和韦恩的那场争吵中 |
[25:45] | I sat in his cabin and I watched him | 我坐在他的船舱里看着他 |
[25:47] | turn himself inside out over the idea | 把自己内心深处展现出来 |
[25:49] | that anyone in Nassau would see him | 希望所有拿骚人都把他看做 |
[25:51] | as the villain in that story. | 那段故事中的坏人 |
[25:54] | Well, now he’s the greatest villain in the New World. | 好吧 现在他成为新世界的最大恶人了 |
[25:57] | We all see it. We all follow him because of it. | 我们都看到了 我们也因此而跟随他 |
[26:00] | I think it’s torture for him, | 我觉得这对他来说是折磨 |
[26:03] | and I think the only way he can imagine it stopping | 而且我觉得唯一能让他放弃的办法 |
[26:06] | is when there are no more of us left to witness it. | 是我们没人再去见证这一切 |
[26:13] | Fucking thieves! | 操蛋的小偷 |
[26:18] | You both stand accused of a crime most serious. | 你们俩被指控犯下天条 |
[26:22] | Theft of food held in reserve in a time such as this | 当前特殊时期偷窃储存食物 |
[26:27] | is a betrayal of trust of the most profound sort. | 是对最大信任的背叛 |
[26:32] | The penalty for such a betrayal is, | 对这种背叛的惩罚 |
[26:34] | by necessity, extreme. | 必然是 极其严酷的 |
[26:38] | You were both charged with keeping watch | 你们看守的储藏室食物减少 |
[26:40] | over what little remains of our food stores. | 所以你们面临指控 |
[26:43] | A full day’s rations are now gone, | 现在一整天的口粮没了 |
[26:47] | yet each of you accuses the other of the crime. | 然而你们都指控对方有罪 |
[26:53] | As your quartermaster, as your friend, | 作为你们的舵手 你们的朋友 |
[26:58] | I’m going to implore you one last time, | 我最后再劝你们一遍 |
[27:02] | whichever of you is the guilty man, to confess. | 你们谁有罪 赶快承认 |
[27:07] | Repair in some small part | 稍稍修复一下 |
[27:09] | the trust you’ve breached with your brothers. | 被你们打破的兄弟情 |
[27:11] | I swear, I wouldn’t have done such a thing. | 我发誓 不是我 |
[27:15] | I don’t have it in me. | 我没拿 |
[27:17] | Please don’t fucking hang me. | 求求你别绞死我 |
[27:18] | Shut the fuck up. | 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[27:20] | You all seen me these last few weeks out here. | 你们都看见前几周我在船上的表现 |
[27:23] | Never blubbered, never bitched. | 没有哭诉 没有抱怨 |
[27:26] | I weathered this shit as well as any of you. | 我像大家一样平静得过来了 |
[27:28] | So don’t fucking tell me I’d do something | 所以别他妈说我做了什么 |
[27:30] | this fucking cowardly | 胆小鬼的事 |
[27:31] | and then blame it on a sniveling shit like this one. | 然后再诬陷给像他这样哭哭啼啼的娘炮 |
[27:33] | One of us is a liar, all right, | 我们俩中必有一个人撒谎 好吗 |
[27:35] | but it sure as fuck isn’t me. | 但他妈的肯定不是我干的 |
[27:56] | Oh, shit. | 我操 |
[28:02] | Captain. | 船长 |
[28:03] | Thank you. Oh, dear God, thank you for seeing the truth. | 谢谢 老天啊 谢谢你能看清真相 |
[28:13] | Wait. No. | 等等 不要 |
[28:19] | No. Wait. | 不要这样 等等 |
[28:21] | You need to say something. | 你快说点什么 |
[28:29] | Don’t do this. I ain’t done nothing. I swear it. | 别杀我 我什么也没干 我发誓 |
[28:47] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[29:09] | Does everyone understand? | 大家都明白了吗 |
[29:15] | Does anyone have anything to say? | 谁还有话要说 |
[29:32] | If you’re not strong enough to do what needs to be done, | 如果你软弱地无法履行职责 |
[29:37] | then I’ll do it for you. | 我就来替你完成 |
[32:20] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么 |
[32:22] | It is a balance. | 是个天平 |
[32:24] | Yeah, what’s it here for? | 拿它来干什么 |
[32:27] | There is no point in delaying any longer. | 没必要再拖延了 |
[32:30] | There will be no more merchants, no more exchanges. | 不会再有商人 也不会再有交易了 |
[32:34] | Sooner or later, that fleet will be upon us. | 早晚有一天 舰队会来到我们面前 |
[32:38] | Sooner or later, it will be time for you and I | 早晚有一天 你我就该 |
[32:40] | to go our separate ways. | 分道扬镳了 |
[32:42] | It would be wise if we are prepared | 我们还是做好打算 |
[32:44] | and our shares are split evenly. | 均分各自份额为妙 |
[32:49] | Tell me why. | 为什么 |
[32:54] | We’ve been through this. | 我们之前谈过的 |
[32:54] | No, you told me why I wouldn’t stay here with you. | 没有 你只说了我不能跟你在一起的原因 |
[32:58] | But you ain’t said why you won’t come with me. | 但你并没说为什么不跟我一起走 |
[33:02] | If we lose, if we have to leave this place, | 假如我们输了 假如我们必须离开这里 |
[33:06] | why are you so set on staying? | 为什么你还打算留下 |
[33:09] | Why the fuck could you want to live in a world | 你怎么会愿意生活在一个 |
[33:10] | that says that fat pig on the beach is a man to be respected? | 把沙滩上那只肥猪当成值得尊敬的人的世界里 |
[33:15] | A world that wants its sons to become that? | 一个想把后代都变成这样的人的世界 |
[33:23] | When I was very small, | 我还很小的时候 |
[33:25] | I would sneak out of the slave quarters at night to the main house. | 我可以在夜里从奴隶营房偷溜出来跑去主房间 |
[33:31] | I would stand outside the window to the parlor. | 我会站在客厅窗外 |
[33:36] | I would stand amongst the heat and the bugs | 站在炎热的空气中 周围满是虫子 |
[33:39] | and the filth on my toes to see inside. | 踩着垃圾向窗里看 |
[33:45] | Inside that house was a little girl my age… | 房子里面是一个跟我同龄的小姑娘… |
[33:50] | with the most beautiful skin. | 长着十分美丽的皮肤 |
[33:55] | I watched her dance while her father played music | 我看着她在父亲的伴奏下翩翩起舞 |
[33:57] | and her mother sewed. | 母亲在一边缝衣服 |
[34:02] | I watched her read and eat | 我看着她读书 吃饭 |
[34:06] | and sing and sleep, | 唱歌 睡觉 |
[34:11] | kept safe and warm and clean by her father. | 安全 温暖 干净地成长在她父亲怀中 |
[34:19] | My father. | 也是我的父亲 |
[34:25] | The things it took to make that room possible, | 是一件件邪恶的事 |
[34:27] | they were awful things. | 造就了那样的屋子 |
[34:30] | But inside that room was peace. | 但屋子里面却很平静 |
[34:34] | That is what home is to me. | 这就是我对家的诠释 |
[34:39] | When you and I began, you did not choose me. | 你我刚开始的时候 不是你选择了我 |
[34:43] | Something that lives inside you beyond choice made it so, | 你内心深处的某种情感造就了这样的结果 |
[34:47] | so I know you understand | 所以我知道你也会明白 |
[34:48] | how this lives beyond choice for me, too. | 那种情感对我也是如此 |
[34:53] | Our roads are going to diverge. | 你我要踏上不同的道路 |
[35:01] | Let it be now so we may not live in fear of it. | 面对它才不会让我们生活在对它的恐惧中 |
[35:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[35:56] | You should stay… | 你该留下来… |
[35:58] | to see it be divided evenly. | 看着这些钱是被均分的 |
[36:03] | I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[36:31] | Maybe you were right. | 也许你说的没错 |
[36:36] | Maybe he is dangerous to us in this state. | 也许这种状态下他对我们来说很危险 |
[36:40] | And maybe there is nothing we can do | 也许眼下不削减船员 |
[36:42] | to stop him right now without shattering the crew. | 我们无法阻止他 |
[36:48] | But if he kills another innocent man in this crew | 但如果他再杀掉一名无辜的船员 |
[36:51] | to make a point, or tries to… | 来表明立场 或是试图… |
[36:58] | I’m going to do something about it. | 我不会坐视不管的 |
[37:04] | So I suggest you get this situation under control | 因此我建议你在发生那样的事之前 |
[37:07] | before that happens. | 控制住局面 |
[37:14] | I told you, eh? I just don’t see a way. | 我不是跟你说了么 我想不出办法 |
[37:16] | Gates figured it out. | 盖茨有办法 |
[37:20] | The Barlow woman figured it out. | 那个叫巴洛的女人有办法 |
[37:21] | He listened to them, | 他听这些人的话 |
[37:24] | altered his plans when they told him to. | 他会根据他们的指示改变方案 |
[37:26] | It’s possible. | 这不是不可能的 |
[37:29] | The difference is he saw them as his equal. | 不同的是他把他们当成平等人来对待 |
[37:35] | He respected them that way, so he was willing to listen. | 他那么尊重他们 所以也愿意听命于他们 |
[37:43] | You need to find a way to do the same. | 你得想办法达到相同的效果 |
[37:49] | Both of those people ended up dead. | 那些人最终都以死收场 |
[39:02] | When I lost Thomas, | 我失去托马斯的时候 |
[39:05] | I raged. | 我十分狂暴 |
[39:06] | I was distraught. | 悲痛欲绝 |
[39:10] | I wept. | 流下了眼泪 |
[39:14] | But with you… | 但跟你在一起… |
[39:17] | I’m ruined over you. | 我被你毁掉了 |
[39:28] | When I first met you, you were so… | 当我第一次遇见你的时候 你还 |
[39:33] | unformed. | 未能施展拳脚 |
[39:36] | And then I spoke and bade you cast aside your shame, | 然后我劝说 命令你摒弃你的羞耻感 |
[39:41] | and Captain Flint was born into the world– | 这世上才有了后来的弗林特船长 |
[39:45] | the part of you that always existed | 但是你从来都不愿意将自己 |
[39:47] | yet never were you willing to allow into the light of day. | 一直以来深藏的这一面示之于众 |
[39:51] | I was mistress to you when you needed love. | 当你需要爱情的时候我充当你的情人 |
[39:56] | I was wife to you when you needed understanding. | 当你需要理解的时候我充当你的妻子 |
[40:01] | But first and before all… | 但最重要的是 |
[40:05] | I was mother. | 我是名母亲 |
[40:17] | I have known you like no other. | 我了解你不为人知的一面 |
[40:20] | So I love you like no other. | 所以我也用我独特的方式爱着你 |
[40:26] | I will guide you through it, | 我会引导你度过这场危机 |
[40:29] | but at its end is where you must leave me. | 但在这尽头你我必须分离 |
[40:34] | At its end is where you will find the peace that eludes you, | 在这尽头你会找到遗失已久的宁静 |
[40:38] | and at its end lies the answer you refuse to see. | 而且在这尽头也会有你拒绝认清的真相 |
[41:06] | It’s hard to tell how big she is. | 难以确定这家伙有多大 |
[41:08] | There isn’t much above the surface. | 浮在水面的部分没有多少 |
[41:10] | But it hasn’t moved since we spotted it, | 但是自从我们发现它之后它就没再动过 |
[41:12] | so it’s almost certainly dead. | 所以几乎可以肯定它已经死了 |
[41:14] | Whale carcass. | 鲸鱼的尸体 |
[41:17] | That’s a week’s worth of water. | 那玩意可以抵上一周的水量 |
[41:19] | Food times three. | 三倍的食物 |
[41:23] | They float when they rot. After they rot. | 当它们开始腐烂后就会浮上水面 腐烂之后 |
[41:32] | Make ready the launch. | 准备出发 |
[41:34] | It’s a waste of energy. | 这样只会白白耗费大家的体力 |
[41:36] | Make ready the launch. | 准备出发 |
[41:46] | I’m going to see it myself. | 我要亲自去看看 |
[41:49] | There’s too much at stake. | 现在的局势危如累卵 |
[41:51] | You gonna row out there on your own? | 你要一个人累死累活得划船过去吗 |
[41:56] | I’m one of two men who’ve been on full rations | 我可是过去几天来能得到完整口粮的 |
[41:58] | for the last few days. | 两个人之一 |
[42:02] | You’re the other. Let’s go. | 你是另一个 我们一起去吧 |
[42:36] | I stole it from you. | 我从你眼皮底下偷走了它 |
[42:38] | What? | 什么 |
[42:42] | The Urca gold. | 厄卡号的金子 |
[42:50] | I told you we were deceived | 我告诉过你我们都被那则 |
[42:51] | about its having been recovered by the Spanish. | 西班牙人已经找到这些黄金的消息糊弄了 |
[42:55] | Wasn’t entirely true. | 事实并不完全是这样 |
[42:58] | You were deceived. | 你被骗了 |
[43:02] | I built the lie… | 是我编造了这个谎言 |
[43:07] | enlisted the scouts, | 我召集了侦查员 |
[43:07] | arranged the sale of the information to Captain Rackham. | 安排了那场把信息卖给拉克姆船长的交易 |
[43:14] | I conceived it all. | 所有这些都是我一手设计的 |
[43:18] | You know, I’ve had my fill | 你知道的 我整天都在听你 |
[43:19] | of hearing you go on about this crew | 埋怨这些船员 |
[43:20] | being too weak to keep up with you. | 无能得不配待在你的船上 |
[43:25] | Some of them may be weaker than you, | 有些人或许没你那么有能耐 |
[43:26] | some of them may be less smart, | 有些人或许没你聪明 |
[43:29] | but don’t you for a second believe I fit that description. | 但是你却压根不愿意相信我就是这种人 |
[43:33] | Whatever happens out here, one thing is certain. | 不管船上会发生什么 有件事是肯定的 |
[43:38] | You will account for me. | 你会处罚我 |
[43:43] | Why are you telling me all this? | 你为什么要告诉我这些 |
[43:47] | So you can decide… | 为了让你能够决定 |
[43:50] | to fight me, | 是跟我决斗 |
[43:52] | maybe kill me, and figure out a way | 还是杀了我之后再想办法 |
[43:54] | of hauling yourself back to that ship alone | 凭一己之力把自己弄回到船上 |
[43:57] | or acknowledge the fact | 或者干脆承认 |
[43:58] | that you and I would be a hell of a lot better off | 与其我们现在就反目 |
[44:00] | as partners than as rivals. | 还不如齐心协力地回到船上 |
[44:04] | You conceived all of this? | 这一切都是你策划的 |
[44:07] | The cover story, the end game on the jetty? | 包括你在码头上演的种种苦情戏 |
[44:10] | Waiting for the scouts to return? | 以及等侦察员们回来报信 |
[44:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[44:31] | What did you do with your share? | 你的那份分成做什么用了 |
[44:37] | I gave up my claim to it. | 我放弃了我的那份 |
[44:43] | Why did you do that? | 为什么这么做 |
[44:49] | Because I saw no way to hold it | 因为我知道我没法保住它 |
[44:51] | and remain a part of this crew. | 我也没法继续留在船上了 |
[44:55] | And without these men, | 没有那些船员们 |
[44:59] | all I am is an invalid. | 我只是个残疾人 |
[45:30] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[45:35] | Oh, it stinks. | 它已经发臭了 |
[45:40] | Oh, it’s long gone. | 它死了太长时间 |
[45:43] | Oh, we can’t eat that. | 这东西没法吃了 |
[45:48] | Let’s head back to the ship. | 我们还是回船上去吧 |
[46:28] | We can eat those. | 我们可以吃这些 |
[48:39] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[49:14] | Again? | 一起回去吗 |
[49:56] | What happened out there? | 你们在那儿发生了什么 |
[50:01] | Progress. | 情况有进展 |
[50:06] | How can you know for sure? | 你怎么能确定 |
[50:11] | Because I’m still alive, I suppose. | 或许是因为我还活着吧 |
[50:58] | Sails on the horizon! | 发现船只 |
[51:12] | It would appear, sir, | 长官 看来 |
[51:13] | that your information is less than complete. | 您的情报还挺准确 |
[51:20] | Perhaps you should ask this one who it is. | 也许你该问问这位小姐的大名 |
[51:23] | There are masts at the mouth of the harbor. | 他们齐聚港口咽喉之处 |
[51:25] | Appear to be in a firing line. | 似乎严阵以待 |
[51:31] | Do you recognize any of their banners? | 你认识他们的旗帜吗 |
[51:45] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[51:46] | North– northeast. | 东…东北处… |
[51:47] | Just cresting the horizon. | 就在海平线上 |
[51:49] | How many ships? | 有多少船 |
[51:49] | Looks to be eight, maybe nine. | 看起来有八艘 也许九艘 |
[51:52] | Three hours, give or take, till they’re near. | 在他们靠近我们之前 大概还有三小时时间 |
[51:55] | Let’s get the men aboard ship. | 都准备好登船 |
[52:17] | That formation ensures that any approach in the harbor mouth | 如果我们冒然接近那样的阵势 |
[52:20] | will result in significant damage to our fleet. | 结果只会对我们舰队大有不利 |
[52:23] | Apparently, Captain Teach | 显然 蒂奇船长 |
[52:25] | is every bit the tactician they say he is. | 就是他们背后的军师 |
[52:28] | What are you suggesting? | 你有什么建议 |
[52:30] | That we withdraw? | 我们撤退吗 |
[52:32] | I’m suggesting that I see no obvious means | 我建议 如果要这样拿下拿骚 |
[52:34] | by which we can reclaim Nassau Town, | 那就没有什么实际意义了 |
[52:36] | not without risking the loss of | 我们绝不能让国王陛下的舰队 |
[52:38] | significant assets of His Majesty’s Navy. | 遭受到任何损失 |
[52:44] | Then I’ll go to the beach myself. | 那我就亲自上海滩 |
[52:46] | Beg pardon? | 你说什么 |
[52:47] | I will have a launch ferry me to the sand alone, | 我乘小艇独自前往海滩 |
[52:49] | and I will make the pardon address. | 宣读赦免宣言 |
[52:51] | – It is out of the question. – Why? | -没得谈 -为什么 |
[52:53] | Because my charge is to ensure this endeavor’s safety and yours | 因为我的责任是要确保大家的努力不会徒劳 |
[52:55] | and I’ll not answer to a plan that reckless. | 我也不会答应这样鲁莽的计划 |
[52:58] | It shouldn’t be you. | 你不应该去 |
[53:03] | If you send someone else to read the pardon address, | 如果你派一个熟悉他们的人 |
[53:06] | someone known to the men on that beach, it might work. | 去宣读赦免宣言 这样也许会奏效 |
[53:09] | Someone have her removed. I don’t have time for this. | 来人把她带下去 我没时间跟你们啰嗦了 |
[53:11] | Hold– hold on. What are you suggesting? | 等等 你说什么 |
[53:13] | That you go to read the address? | 你意思是你去宣读这些赦免宣言吗 |
[53:15] | No, it can’t be me either. | 不 也不能是我 |
[53:16] | I have too many enemies between here and that beach. | 不管是这儿还是那儿 我都有太多的敌人了 |
[53:19] | Then who? | 那谁去 |
[53:21] | Him. | 他 |
[53:24] | Half the men in that bay | 曾几何时 那片海湾上 |
[53:25] | have sailed under him at one point or another. | 有半数人曾效力于他 |
[53:28] | They respect him | 他们尊敬他 |
[53:29] | as much if not more than any other man | 无论是哪个海盗头领 都没有得到过 |
[53:31] | that’s sailed under the black. | 像他这样的尊重 |
[53:34] | They’d grant him passage under a flag of truce, | 如果他举着白旗示意 他们会让他通过 |
[53:36] | and they’d listen to what he had to say. | 并听他讲完他该说的话 |
[53:40] | And you don’t give a shit if he dies in the process. | 而且你也不在乎他的死活 |
[54:14] | Why are we letting him pass? | 我们为什么让他们通过 |
[54:17] | Shoot on that man and under the flag of truce | 在这种情况下如果杀了那个人 |
[54:20] | and the half of Nassau that remember him | 那那个地方有半数视他为 |
[54:22] | as the foundation of this place | 拿骚元老级人物的人 |
[54:24] | will rebel against the other half. | 就会出来反抗另外半数人 |
[54:27] | Whatever’s about to happen, there’s no stopping it now. | 无论如何 我们不能轻举妄动 |
[54:59] | In the name of the governor of New Providence Island, | 我以新普罗维登斯岛总督 |
[55:03] | the Honorable Woodes Rogers, | 尊敬的伍兹·罗杰斯之名在此宣读 |
[55:05] | “The time has come to bring a wayward child back into the fold, | “时机已至 帝国愿意重新接纳 |
[55:09] | an island that rejected its parent empire, | 那个曾经叛离它 |
[55:13] | but that must long for the embrace | 并许久未曾 |
[55:15] | of civilization once again. | 再次拥有过文明的岛屿 |
[55:17] | Be it proclaimed that any man on this island | 都听好了 在这座岛上所有 |
[55:21] | who will accept that embrace, | 自愿接受这份恩赐 |
[55:22] | who will renounce violence against the Crown, | 放弃暴力对抗王室 |
[55:25] | who will renounce piracy, | 放弃海盗身份的人 |
[55:28] | that man will be offered | 将被提供 |
[55:30] | a full, complete, and unqualified pardon. | 完全的无条件赦免 |
[55:35] | No matter what you’ve done, | 无论你们做过什么 |
[55:37] | no matter how irredeemable you believe it to be, | 无论那些事是多么得无可挽回 |
[55:40] | your king and your governor | 你们的国王与总督 |
[55:43] | wish to offer you a clean slate, | 愿意让你们从头来过 |
[55:45] | a new beginning here in Nassau. | 一个新的开始 就在这儿 在拿骚 |
[55:49] | All of you, that is, but one. | 所有人 除了那些 |
[55:52] | One so committed to disorder and chaos | 誓死要制造混乱与骚动 |
[55:57] | that his presence is incompatible with civilized society. | 与文明社会誓不两立的人 |
[56:02] | Be it known there shall be a bounty of 10,000 pounds sterling | 请知悉 捉拿到海盗查尔斯·韦恩的人 |
[56:07] | for the capture of the pirate Charles Vane, | 将会有一万英镑的奖赏 |
[56:10] | dead or alive.” | 无论死活” |
[56:43] | What the fuck’s he doing? | 他他妈在搞毛啊 |
[56:51] | Captain. | 船长 |