时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | We’re fighting a war to protect Nassau | 我们在打一场保卫拿骚的战役 |
[00:13] | in which our most effective weapon | 而这场战争中 我们最有利的武器 |
[00:14] | is the fear that we can instill in our enemies. | 就是在敌人心里建立起对我们的畏惧 |
[00:18] | Everything is dependent upon that gold, | 一切都取决于那些金子 |
[00:20] | and right now it is sitting | 而如今这些金子正放在 |
[00:21] | in a fort with no guns and full of holes. | 没有炮台守卫 千疮百孔的堡垒里 |
[00:24] | You couldn’t figure out how to repair the fort, | 你想不出该怎么去修复堡垒 |
[00:26] | so you lured me into capturing a ship full of slaves to do the job. | 所以你引我去截一艘满载奴隶的船来做工 |
[00:28] | I wonder if you can help me locate an old friend of mine. | 请问你能帮我找一位我的老朋友吗 |
[00:31] | His name is Charles Vane. | 他叫查尔斯·韦恩 |
[00:33] | I am to set sail for the West Indies, | 两天后我即将动身前往西印度群岛 |
[00:35] | the one element I lack | 我唯一缺少的 |
[00:36] | is someone who understands Nassau. | 是一个懂得拿骚的人 |
[00:38] | If you agree to be that person, | 如果你愿意成为那个人 |
[00:39] | your sentence will be commuted | 将功补过 |
[00:41] | and the charges against you released. | 我们会取消对你的控告 |
[00:42] | Crew of the Walrus, surrender, | 海象号的人听着 投降的话 |
[00:45] | and I am authorized to offer you full, | 我就有权为你们提供完全的 |
[00:47] | unqualified pardons. | 无条件赦免 |
[00:49] | We’re not fighting and we’re not surrendering, | 我们不打 也不投降 |
[00:52] | so what are we doing? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[00:53] | We’re going that way. | 我们走那边 |
[00:55] | That’s a ship killer. | 进入那风暴必死无疑 |
[04:12] | Captain. | 船长 |
[04:16] | He’s closed the gap. | 他追上来了 |
[04:23] | All hands to quarters. | 所有人去尾舷 |
[04:26] | Come on, lads. Rouse yourselves. | 打起精神 小子们 |
[04:30] | Quickly! | 快点 |
[04:36] | I’ve got starboard watch below, | 我派了右舷守卫下去 |
[04:37] | caulking the gunports. | 封闭炮口 |
[04:39] | The pumps are keeping up with the water-line, | 如今水泵还能维持船的吃水线 |
[04:41] | but given what’s ahead of us, | 但考虑到眼前的情况 |
[04:43] | I don’t imagine that’ll last long. | 我不认为还能撑多久 |
[04:47] | Heave, lads! | 加把劲 小子们 |
[05:08] | He’ll be withdrawing soon. | 他很快就会撤退的 |
[05:10] | He’ll drive us into the storm, | 他想把我们逼入风暴 |
[05:11] | but he’ll want no part of it himself. | 但不会想把自己也陷进里面 |
[05:14] | Captain, perhaps we could take the topgallants in now. | 船长 我们是不是该把上桅帆收了 |
[05:17] | If we enter that storm under full sail, | 如果我们满帆进入风暴 |
[05:19] | it may become impossible to take the canvas in. | 到时可能根本没法收帆 |
[05:21] | If we take at least some of them now… | 如果我们先收回一些… |
[05:24] | If he sees us slow, | 如果让他看见我们减速 |
[05:25] | if we show him the least sign of weakness, | 看到我们显示出一丝软弱 |
[05:27] | it’ll only encourage him to press on and finish the job. | 那只会刺激他追上来了结我们 |
[05:32] | But we’ll get men into the tops. | 但我们可以派人上去 |
[05:34] | Soon as he turns, we’ll shorten sail immediately. | 只要他一转向 我们就立刻收帆 |
[05:37] | Aye, Captain. | 是的 船长 |
[05:38] | I want crew aloft! | 找点人上去 |
[05:40] | Quick as you can! | 越快越好 |
[05:41] | Taking and stowing all that sail will be a challenge. | 要收回所有的船帆会是极大的挑战 |
[05:45] | You’ll see to leading the men in the rig | 你会在需要的时候 |
[05:46] | when the time comes, yes? | 在上面带领大家的 对吗 |
[05:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:52] | I’ll pull all hands from below. | 我把下面的人都叫上来 |
[05:53] | We’ll need all the strength we can muster. | 我们需要尽可能多的力量 |
[06:10] | We should have taken the pardons. | 我们应该接受赦免的 |
[06:13] | Sign our name, swear to whomever | 签下名字 发个誓 |
[06:15] | or whatever the fuck one swears to on the occasion, | 随便他妈的要我们说什么都行 |
[06:17] | accept the pardons, | 接受赦免 |
[06:18] | then go straight back to the account. | 然后立刻重操旧业 |
[06:21] | What the fuck could they do to us | 他们能对我们怎么样 |
[06:22] | they weren’t gonna do anyway? | 他们本来也没想怎么样 |
[06:25] | I don’t imagine Hornigold’s offer still stands, | 如果你想问的是霍尼戈德提的条件 |
[06:27] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 我想现在应该已经失效了 |
[06:29] | No, I don’t imagine it does either, | 不 我也没指望现在还有效 |
[06:32] | but a few hours ago when the offer did stand, | 但是几小时前 趁那个条件还有效 |
[06:34] | perhaps that should have been a conversation– | 也许应该趁早和他谈谈… |
[06:37] | accept the pardons with full intent not to honor it | 虽然心有不甘地接受赦免 也比面对 |
[06:39] | rather than face what we now face. | 我们目前的窘境要好 |
[06:42] | The men, I understand. | 我了解这些人 |
[06:44] | Flint had them exactly where he needed them– | 弗林特非常清楚如何利用他们… |
[06:47] | angry, resentful, afraid. | 利用他们的愤怒 憎恶和恐惧 |
[06:50] | I understand why they would rather do battle with that storm | 我知道为什么他们宁愿与那场风暴抗争 |
[06:52] | than even consider surrendering to Hornigold. | 也不愿意向霍尼戈德投降 |
[06:57] | But he had me there too. | 但他也曾经利用我 |
[07:00] | He had me there. | 他曾经利用过我 |
[07:04] | And that is not supposed to happen. | 根本不该发生那种事 |
[07:45] | May I help you? | 你有什么事 |
[07:46] | The governor requests your presence on the quarterdeck. | 总督要你去后舱见他 |
[07:49] | You should dress. | 你该换衣服了 |
[07:56] | You’ll have to pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[07:57] | I’ve never had a proper chambermaid before. | 我之前从来没有用过仆人 |
[08:00] | Is that how they address all their employers? | 请问仆人都是这么服侍雇主的吗 |
[08:05] | Governor Rogers is my employer. | 罗杰斯总督才是我的雇主 |
[08:07] | You are a convict in need of someone to keep your things clean, | 你只不过是个被关在船舱里 行动受到限制 |
[08:10] | your movement restricted, and your door shut. | 但需要别人帮你打扫的罪犯 |
[08:12] | As such, you’re the first daughter of privilege | 坦白来说 你是我服侍过的 |
[08:14] | I have been able to serve while speaking my mind openly. | 第一位享有特权的千金小姐 |
[08:18] | I would have thought my story is well told by now, | 我想我的故事已经被讲烂了 |
[08:20] | but I come from no privilege. | 但是我没有特权 |
[08:21] | Don’t you? | 是吗 |
[08:23] | My understanding is that your father built a criminal enterprise | 在我看来 你的父亲建立了一个罪犯帝国 |
[08:26] | and you inherited it. | 而你是继承人 |
[08:30] | The only difference between you | 你跟我过去 |
[08:31] | and the ladies I have served in the past is… | 服侍过的那些小姐们唯一的区别是… |
[08:36] | their families had better lawyers. | 她们家里有更好的律师 |
[08:41] | Let’s not keep the governor waiting. | 别让总督久等了 |
[08:46] | The HMS Milford. | 皇家米尔福德号 |
[08:48] | 150 soldiers, 60 guns. | 有150名士兵 60尊炮 |
[08:50] | My lead naval escort. | 我的领头护卫舰 |
[08:52] | Uh, behind her, the HMS Rose. 48 guns. | 在它身后是皇家罗斯号 48尊炮 |
[08:56] | The HMS Shark, 30 guns, | 皇家鲨鱼号 30尊炮 |
[08:59] | the Willing Mind. 20 guns. | 志者号 20尊炮 |
[09:02] | She’s carrying two thirds of the farming implements | 这艘船上载了三分之二的农具 |
[09:03] | and most of our foodstuffs. | 和大部分的食物供给 |
[09:05] | The Buck. 18 guns. | 巴克号 18尊炮 |
[09:09] | The amount of energy it took | 我花了好大劲 |
[09:10] | to persuade my investors to fund this, | 才说服投资人愿意资助这艘船 |
[09:13] | it’s hard to properly convey. | 很难和他们说清楚 |
[09:17] | This fleet, every ship at sea, | 这支舰队 海上的每艘船 |
[09:20] | every man contracted, every penny lent. | 雇佣的每个人 花的每一分钱 |
[09:24] | I am personally answerable for all of it. | 都将由我来负责 |
[09:27] | I’m impressed. | 真厉害 |
[09:30] | Though somehow I don’t imagine | 尽管我知道你这番话 |
[09:31] | that that’s what this exercise is intended to accomplish. | 醉翁之意不在酒 |
[09:35] | The Gloucestershire. | 格洛斯特希尔号 |
[09:38] | I wasn’t entirely sure I needed her, | 我不确定到底需不需要这艘船 |
[09:39] | but seeing as it was someone else’s money, | 但既然是别人出的钱 |
[09:41] | I figured it couldn’t hurt. | 我想也无所谓了 |
[09:43] | She’s the one I can do without. | 它对我来说可有可无 |
[09:48] | The moment I believe you | 一旦我认为你 |
[09:49] | are no longer necessary to this endeavor, | 已经无足轻重 |
[09:52] | you go on that ship, | 你会上那艘船 |
[09:54] | that ship turns back for London, | 它掉头驶回伦敦 |
[09:56] | and soon thereafter, you swing over Wapping. | 不久之后 就能回沃平 |
[09:59] | Except that you can’t actually do any of those things. | 可惜你不能这么做 |
[10:02] | No? Why? | 不能吗 为什么 |
[10:05] | ‘Cause you don’t know that | 因为你不知道 |
[10:07] | Samuel Wayne has never once paid for a drink. | 塞缪尔·韦恩喝酒从不掏钱 |
[10:10] | Because you don’t know that the Boyd brothers | 因为你不知道博伊德兄弟 |
[10:11] | can’t be in the presence of anyone from Captain Moulton’s crew. | 无法跟莫尔顿船长的手下共处 |
[10:14] | ‘Cause you don’t know which of the street merchants | 因为你不知道街边哪些小贩 |
[10:16] | is in the pocket of the brothel madam. | 归妓院老鸨控制 |
[10:18] | You don’t know. You don’t know… | 你不知道 你不知道 |
[10:22] | you don’t know. | 你不知道 |
[10:24] | But I do. | 但我知道 |
[10:26] | To slay Nassau, you must know her. | 想征服拿骚 你得了解她 |
[10:29] | And amidst all those ships | 而在这些船 |
[10:32] | and all these men and all that money, | 这些人 这些钱之中 |
[10:34] | I am the only one who can introduce you. | 我是唯一能引荐你的人 |
[10:37] | Provided you tell me the truth. | 假如你说的是事实 |
[10:41] | So let us assume those are now the rules of the game. | 那我们先把规矩说好 |
[10:46] | I need to know everything you know of Nassau. | 我要知道你所了解的任何拿骚的事 |
[10:49] | If you withhold, if you manipulate, | 如果你有所保留 有所篡改 |
[10:51] | if you lie… you die. | 如果你撒谎 我会杀了你 |
[10:58] | Shall we begin? | 可以吗 |
[11:04] | – 500 pieces. – Yes. | -五百个银币 -对 |
[11:10] | You want to withdraw 500 pieces of eight from your share. | 你想取走自己分成的五百个银币 |
[11:14] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[11:16] | You were just here two days ago. | 你两天前才来过 |
[11:19] | Yes. | 对 |
[11:20] | To withdraw 500 pieces. It was dispersed, was it not? | 分几次取走了五百个银币 对吗 |
[11:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:25] | – But you’re back for more. – Yes. | -但你现在又来了 -对 |
[11:27] | What in God’s name did you spend 500 pieces on in two days’ time? | 你是怎么两天花掉五百个银币的 |
[11:31] | Oh, I lost it. | 我弄丢了 |
[11:34] | Lost it? As in through a wager? | 赌钱输光了吗 |
[11:37] | No. “Lost it” as in I had it in a sack | 不 我把银币装进袋子 |
[11:41] | and I put it down, | 收了起来 |
[11:43] | and when I came back to pick it up, | 当我回去拿时 |
[11:44] | it weren’t where I put it. | 已经不见了 |
[11:47] | Lost. | 弄丢了 |
[11:55] | – Would you like me to… – Thank you. | -你想让我… -谢谢 |
[11:59] | The crew has entrusted the Captain and I | 船员们嘱托船长和我 |
[12:02] | to watch over the prize gold and to protect it | 来保管并保护金币 |
[12:05] | in all our interests, yeah? | 这是为大家好 |
[12:09] | Now, as your quartermaster and as your friend, | 作为你的舵手和朋友 |
[12:12] | I feel duty bound to suggest that you | 我觉得有责任建议你 |
[12:14] | reconsider withdrawing sums this large without a better plan | 在取钱后没有更好保管措施的情况下 |
[12:18] | for keeping it once it’s withdrawn, yeah? | 重新考虑取款数目 好吗 |
[12:21] | Yes. | 好 |
[12:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:25] | Now, is there a lesser amount | 所以 你今天要不要 |
[12:28] | you might want to begin with for today? | 先少取一点 |
[12:32] | Well, 500 pieces. | 就要五百个 |
[12:33] | 500 pieces. Why not? | 好吧 五百个 |
[12:35] | – I need a new sack as well. – Obviously. | -还要只新袋子 -当然 |
[12:39] | Yes? | 进来 |
[12:45] | Mr. Featherstone, | 费瑟斯通先生 |
[12:46] | may we have the room for a moment, please? | 能让我们单独聊聊吗 谢谢 |
[13:04] | These are identical. | 这些是一样的 |
[13:06] | 350 pieces on both sides, | 两种都价值350银币 |
[13:09] | yet one I can fit in the palm of my hand, | 一种一手就能掌握 |
[13:12] | and the other is currently occupying | 另一种目前 |
[13:14] | the entirety of the vault beneath your fort. | 占据了你脚下堡垒金库内的全部空间 |
[13:17] | Which of the two would you rather have in your possession | 在西班牙或是英格兰军队到达后 |
[13:20] | the day Spain or England arrives | 若是决意攻打这堡垒 |
[13:22] | and sets its eyes on conquering that fort? | 你更愿意拥有何种形式的财富 |
[13:26] | Yeah. I have that. | 自然是轻便的 |
[13:30] | So I suppose what we ought to do | 所以我们应该做的 |
[13:32] | is ensure that the fort is not conquerable, | 就是确保堡垒坚不可摧 |
[13:35] | which, as good fortune would have it, | 碰巧的是 |
[13:36] | is what I’m doing. | 这正是我现在所做的事 |
[13:38] | You cannot truly believe that is possible. | 你该不会真的相信有可能做到吧 |
[13:40] | You know as well as I do | 你自己心里也清楚 |
[13:42] | that so long as that gold is sitting | 只要那些金子一天 |
[13:43] | in the belly of that fort, | 还在堡垒内部 |
[13:45] | we are doubly exposed. | 我们就会面临双重的危险 |
[13:47] | Losing the fort guarantees the loss of the gold. | 失去堡垒就意味着同时失去金币 |
[13:50] | Excuse me. What are you suggesting? | 那你有什么高见 |
[13:53] | That we exchange it. | 我们把金子换成别的东西 |
[13:56] | As much of it as possible. | 能兑换越多越好 |
[13:58] | Find partners and trade coin | 找生意上的合作伙伴 交易黄金 |
[14:00] | for commodities far easier to move and to protect. | 换成更容易转移和守护的商品 |
[14:03] | If Nassau falls, we will have something to set aside | 假若拿骚当真沦陷 我们也有些 |
[14:06] | to ensure our futures. | 保障未来的资本 |
[14:08] | “Our”? Who? | 谁是”我们” |
[14:11] | Mine. And Anne’s. | 我 还有安妮 |
[14:14] | Lovely. Good old Jack gets buried beneath a pile of rubble | 好极了 老杰克被埋在断壁残垣之下 |
[14:17] | while you two begin a well-funded life of leisure. | 你俩却带着钱财风流快活 |
[14:20] | I didn’t say that. | 我没有这么说 |
[14:21] | It’s bad enough the only time I get to see her | 我现在唯一能见到她的机会 |
[14:22] | is when she comes here to | 就是她来向我转达你的不满 |
[14:23] | relay something that you’re displeased with. | 这种情况已经够糟了 |
[14:25] | Now we’re just accepting that if forced to choose | 现在还要被迫接受去选择 是与你拥有… |
[14:28] | between a long future with you and a short one with me… | 长久的快活 还是与我享受短暂的激情 |
[14:32] | there’s no chance she’ll even consider the latter. | 她肯定不会考虑后者的 |
[14:35] | Of course she will choose you. | 她肯定会选择你 |
[14:42] | The fort is going to fall. | 堡垒就要沦陷了 |
[14:46] | Tomorrow. Next week. Someday. | 无论是明天 下周 还是未来的某天 |
[14:51] | And I do not believe for a moment | 我绝对不相信 |
[14:52] | that you are stupid enough | 你会愚蠢到 |
[14:54] | to let yourself be buried beneath it when it does. | 在堡垒被攻陷时与其共存亡 |
[14:58] | It will pain her to leave me behind… | 若是没有选择我 她会很伤心 |
[15:03] | what we have shared these past few months, | 毕竟我们近几月享受过彼此的陪伴 |
[15:06] | it will be very hard. | 这并非易事 |
[15:10] | But you… | 但你… |
[15:14] | without you, there is no her. | 没有你就没有她 |
[15:20] | I am here in part to secure my own future. | 某种程度上我来的目的的确是为保障自己的未来 |
[15:22] | I will not apologize for that. | 我不会为此道歉 |
[15:25] | But that is not why I’m asking you to cooperate with me. | 但这不是我请求你和我合作的原因 |
[15:28] | I am asking because though I know we have our differences, | 我求你是因为 虽然我们之间有过节 |
[15:32] | I know there is one thing we share. | 我知道我们有一点共同之处 |
[15:38] | We both love her. | 我们都爱她 |
[15:44] | Let us make sure her future at least is secure. | 让我们确保至少她能有个安全的未来 |
[16:11] | Heave! | 加把劲哟 |
[16:25] | Stand ready! | 准备好 |
[17:45] | You don’t need to be doing this. | 你不必这么做 |
[17:46] | I can finish it. | 我能做完 |
[17:48] | I’m useless to ’em up top. | 我在上面帮不上忙 |
[17:51] | Gotta do my part somehow. | 总得做点贡献 |
[17:52] | You shouldn’t talk that way, you know. | 你不该这么说 |
[17:54] | We got our share of useless fucks on this crew. | 这条船上我们是见过吃白饭的人 |
[17:57] | You ain’t one. | 但不是你 |
[18:00] | This is the second time in the last few months | 这是过去几个月里我第二次 |
[18:02] | I’m facing certain death. | 面临死亡了 |
[18:04] | And you are again offering moral support. | 你又要提供精神支持了吗 |
[18:07] | Does that mean we’re married? | 你的意思是我们结婚了吗 |
[18:19] | Don’t. | 不用 |
[18:21] | Fuckin’ hell. | 去他妈的 |
[18:23] | What part of “Let us take care of you” did you not understand? | “让我们照顾你”这句话哪点你听不懂 |
[18:27] | If it wasn’t for you, | 要不是你 |
[18:28] | we’d all be planted at the bottom of the Charles Town bay. | 我们所有的人都要被扔到查尔斯顿湾海底 |
[18:31] | We got a debt for that. | 那是我们欠你的 |
[18:33] | It ain’t right not to let us pay it. | 总不能不让我们报恩吧 |
[18:37] | All the shit we been through the last few months, | 我们经历的这过去几个月里 |
[18:40] | do you wanna know what the most terrifying part | 你想知道什么是 |
[18:41] | of all of it’s been? | 最让人害怕的吗 |
[18:44] | “We’ll take care of you.” | “我们会照顾你” |
[18:49] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[18:51] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[18:52] | ‘Course I do. Look at me. | 当然 你看我 |
[18:56] | I know what it’s like to be afraid | 我知道害怕会成为 |
[18:57] | of being the one ain’t strong enough to stick. | 干不了活的废物是什么感觉 |
[19:01] | But it don’t work that way, yeah? | 但那不会发生的 对吧 |
[19:03] | And even if it did, | 就算是 |
[19:06] | it wouldn’t work like that for you. | 那也不会降到你头上 |
[19:27] | Captain! | 船长 |
[19:28] | We’re standing by! | 就等你下令了 |
[19:31] | The rig won’t hold! | 帆装撑不住了 |
[19:32] | We must break the sails before we lose the mast! | 必须把帆拆了不然桅杆就断了 |
[19:42] | Take down the course and the topgallants now! | 快放下桁大横帆和上桅 |
[19:45] | Now! | 放 |
[19:47] | Now! Now! | 放 快放 |
[20:01] | Billy! Get those topgallants up! | 比利 把那些上桅帆拉上去 |
[20:06] | Rogelio, is the halyard running free?! | 罗杰利奥 吊索好使吗 |
[20:09] | It’s stuck! | 卡住了 |
[20:11] | It’s bound up by the mast! It’s not coming down! | 被绑在桅杆上了 弄下不来 |
[20:33] | At first, when my father left, I only watched. | 一开始我父亲离我们而去之时 我只能看着 |
[20:36] | My guardian, a slave belonging to my father, | 我的监护人 我父亲的一个奴隶 |
[20:38] | ran the operation in his stead. | 替他经营管理 |
[20:41] | Eventually, I felt it was time I stepped in. | 终于我感觉到该我插手了 |
[20:43] | How old were you at this point? | 你这个时候多大 |
[20:45] | I was 17. | 17岁 |
[20:48] | How does one persuade an island | 那怎么能劝服一座 |
[20:50] | full of thieves and murderers | 充斥着盗贼和杀人犯的小岛 |
[20:51] | to respect the authority of a 17-year-old girl? | 听从一个17岁女孩的话呢 |
[20:54] | I identified the one they were most afraid of | 我找到了他们最害怕的那个人 |
[20:57] | and I threw him off the island. | 并把他逐出岛 |
[21:00] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[21:03] | His name was Edward Teach. | 他叫爱德华·蒂奇 |
[21:08] | You’re getting all of this, yes? | 这些你都记下了吧 |
[21:14] | Please. Continue. | 请继续说 |
[21:17] | He sailed at the head of a pirate fleet | 他驾着海盗船队的头船离开了 |
[21:19] | with a man named Benjamin Hornigold. | 船上还有一个叫本杰明·霍尼戈德的人 |
[21:21] | I conspired with Hornigold, | 我和霍尼戈德串通好 |
[21:23] | offered him control of Fort Nassau | 以拿骚堡垒的控制权为价码 |
[21:25] | to turn against Teach. | 让他背叛蒂奇 |
[21:27] | Eventually, I isolated him from all of his former allies | 最后 我把他所有前盟友都隔绝开了 |
[21:30] | until it was just him and his protege, | 他只剩下自己的门徒 |
[21:32] | a young captain he had groomed in his image, | 一个按照他自己的形象去塑造的年轻船长 |
[21:35] | trained as a peerless fighter. | 训练成一个无与伦比的战士 |
[21:39] | Had they stayed together, they might have resisted me. | 如果他们抱团的话 可能就来抗击我了 |
[21:41] | But the protege turned? | 但这个门徒叛变了 |
[21:43] | Yes. And once he’d sided with me, | 没错 而且一旦他站在我这边 |
[21:47] | Teach had no choice but to withdraw. | 蒂奇就只能撤离了 |
[21:50] | After that, my credibility with crews on the beach | 之后 我在船员之中的信誉 |
[21:52] | was in good order. | 就树立了起来 |
[21:54] | And the protégé, what was his name? | 那个学徒 他叫什么 |
[21:57] | His name was Charles Vane. | 他叫查尔斯·韦恩 |
[22:03] | Leave us, please. | 请出去一下 |
[22:06] | Now. | 立刻出去 |
[22:20] | I need very specific answers to the following questions. | 我要你详细回答接下来的问题 |
[22:24] | Ask me what you want to ask me. | 尽管问你想问的 |
[22:27] | Charles Vane sided with you? | 查尔斯·韦恩站在了你这边 |
[22:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:31] | Betrayed his mentor, | 为了你 背叛他的老师 |
[22:32] | betrayed Edward Teach for you? | 背叛爱德华·蒂奇 |
[22:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:40] | You were… | 你… |
[22:41] | I was fucking him. | 我操了他 |
[22:47] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[22:49] | To inform the captain of the Gloucestershire | 去通知格罗斯特郡的船长 |
[22:50] | he’s about to head home plus one passenger. | 他可以带上一名乘客回家了 |
[22:53] | You never asked me. | 你从没问过我 |
[22:54] | – I needed to ask? – I never lied. | -我还要问吗 -我从没骗过你 |
[22:56] | I was fully prepared to set foot on that island and say his name, | 我已经准备好上岸后大声说出他的名字 |
[23:00] | say that the universal pardon had an exception, | 说全岛大赦只有一个例外 |
[23:03] | put my credibility at risk | 赌上我的声誉 |
[23:05] | based solely on your counsel, | 就单凭你的一番建议 |
[23:07] | and it was all to settle a personal feud | 而这一切都只是为了解决 |
[23:10] | with a former lover? | 你与旧爱之间的个人仇恨吗 |
[23:14] | Why did you bring me here? | 你为什么带我来这 |
[23:16] | You know these men’s names, | 你知道这些人的名字 |
[23:17] | you know the things they have done. | 你知道他们干过什么 |
[23:19] | But I know them. | 但我了解他们 |
[23:23] | I know Flint is dangerous, | 我知道弗林特很危险 |
[23:24] | but he can be reasoned with. | 但他听得进道理 |
[23:27] | I know Rackham is devious, | 我知道拉克姆很奸诈 |
[23:28] | but all he cares about is his legacy. | 但他只想着名留千古 |
[23:31] | And because I have history with Charles Vane, | 而正因为我和查尔斯·韦恩的旧情 |
[23:32] | I know him most of all. | 我了解他甚于任何人 |
[23:35] | I’m all too aware what he is capable of destroying | 我太清楚只要他下了决心 |
[23:37] | when he sets his mind on it. | 能造成多大的破坏 |
[23:41] | I underestimated him and I lost my father. | 我低估了他 结果失去了我父亲 |
[23:45] | The Lord Governor Ashe underestimated him, | 总督大人艾什低估了他 |
[23:46] | and Charles Town burned. | 结果查尔斯顿被夷为平地 |
[23:48] | What is it you would like to have him take from you? | 你想他从你这夺走什么呢 |
[23:55] | Why, in God’s name, would I trust you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[24:01] | Nassau is my father’s house. | 拿骚是我父亲的家 |
[24:07] | It is my birthright, and I am obligated | 这是我与生俱来的权力 我有责任 |
[24:08] | to see it set right, to see its monsters driven out. | 看到它拨乱反正 赶走那些禽兽 |
[24:13] | You don’t have to trust me | 你不需要相信我 |
[24:16] | because we have mutual self-interest. | 因为我们的利益一致 |
[24:21] | And that makes for better partners. | 这也让我们成为更好的盟友 |
[24:43] | Captain. | 船长 |
[24:46] | I understand why you are here, | 我理解你为什么在这 |
[24:48] | and I understand why this troubles you. | 我也理解为什么这件事困扰你 |
[24:52] | But they do not understand. | 可是他们不懂 |
[24:57] | In the interest of getting this done as quickly as possible, | 为了让城墙更可能快的修好 |
[25:01] | perhaps it would be better | 如果我们分工明确 |
[25:02] | if all our roles were more clearly defined. | 或许这样会更好 |
[25:06] | To avoid unnecessary and uncomfortable confusion. | 为了避免不必要和不愉快的困扰 |
[26:02] | A man puts a dead thing in the ground, | 人们总认为已经死去的东西 |
[26:05] | he expects it to stay there. | 就能彻底摆脱 |
[26:08] | Sometimes it comes back. | 有时却往往事与愿违 |
[26:29] | I harbored such resentment in that moment all those years ago | 多年前 你背弃我的那一刻 |
[26:33] | when you turned your back on me… | 我心中如此怨恨 |
[26:34] | though I sailed countless leagues with you, | 尽管我无数次与你扬帆远航 |
[26:37] | fought countless battles with you, | 无数次与你并肩作战 |
[26:39] | taught countless lessons to you… | 对你孜孜教诲 |
[26:43] | and you did it all for a girl. | 你却为了一个女孩背弃我 |
[27:02] | Good to see you, old friend. | 真高兴见到你 老朋友 |
[27:11] | For years, I’ve laid my head down at night, | 有好几年 无论我在哪里 |
[27:15] | and no matter where I was, | 晚上我躺在那儿 |
[27:16] | there was an odor would arrive at my nose– | 总是飘来一阵阵气味 |
[27:19] | brine and hides and pitch and shit. | 混合着海水 兽皮 树脂和粪便 |
[27:22] | The perfume of this place. | 是这里特有的味道 |
[27:25] | Across eight years and as many wives and… | 八年时间我换了八任妻子 |
[27:29] | so many distractions. | 还有无数露水情缘 |
[27:32] | Oh, then I meet wife number nine. | 然后我遇见了第九任妻子 |
[27:35] | And to my surprise, I stop thinking about Nassau. | 出乎我的意料 我不再想起拿骚 |
[27:40] | The smell goes away. | 那气味消散了 |
[27:45] | For almost three weeks. | 持续了差不多三个礼拜 |
[27:50] | And then news comes across my door | 然后我收到了消息 |
[27:53] | that there are no more Guthries in Nassau. | 说姓格斯里的都不在拿骚了 |
[27:55] | One dead, the other in chains. | 一个死了 另一个被囚禁了 |
[27:59] | It seemed a sign it was time I returned. | 似乎预示着 该是我回来的时候了 |
[28:04] | They’re both dead. | 他们都死了 |
[28:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:09] | I heard that the spectacle of Eleanor Guthrie’s trial | 我听说埃莉诺·格斯里的审讯 |
[28:12] | could go on for months. | 要花上好几个月 |
[28:14] | They are both dead. | 他们都死了 |
[28:24] | What happened between she and I, | 发生在她和我之间的事 |
[28:26] | our role in forcing you out of this place, | 当时我们联手将你赶出这里 |
[28:30] | it’s in the past. | 都过去了 |
[28:32] | So if you returned | 所以如果你回来 |
[28:33] | looking to gloat about how it turned out | 是想对后来的事幸灾乐祸 |
[28:36] | or looking for some sort of apology from me, | 或者想听我道歉之类的 |
[28:38] | then you can go fuck yourself. | 就去你妈的吧 |
[28:40] | Forced me out? | 赶我出拿骚 |
[28:41] | Is that the story you’ve been telling yourself all this time? | 一直以来你就是这么编故事给自己听的 |
[28:44] | That’s how I remember it. | 我记得的就是如此 |
[28:45] | All I remember– a young man’s poor judgment | 我只记得一个年轻人一时糊涂 |
[28:48] | which forced me to choose between killing him | 逼着我做出选择 是要了他的小命 |
[28:50] | and walking away and letting him live. | 还是一走了之 放他一条生路 |
[28:51] | Not quite the same thing. | 这是有差别的 |
[28:54] | If you think I’ve been sitting around, | 如果你以为 我一直无所事事 |
[28:55] | waiting for an apology all this time, | 干等着你道歉 |
[28:57] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 那我不知道和你有什么好说的 |
[28:59] | Then why are you here? | 那你来这儿做什么 |
[29:04] | Whose is that? | 那是谁的 |
[29:06] | What? | 什么 |
[29:07] | Man-of-war out there. | 那艘军舰 |
[29:09] | I assume that’s the ship Flint used to sack Charles Town. | 我猜那就是弗林特用来袭击查尔斯顿的船 |
[29:12] | It’s here and he isn’t. | 船在这里 他人却不在 |
[29:13] | I’m just asking whose it is. | 所以我问问它如今是谁 |
[29:15] | Ours. | 我们的 |
[29:18] | So don’t get any fuckin’ ideas. | 所以别打什么主意 |
[29:23] | Who’s “Ours”? | 谁是”我们” |
[29:25] | I have partners. | 我有盟友 |
[29:27] | In a compact toward the common defense of this place. | 我们订下契约共同防卫这里 |
[29:30] | Provide a stipend to the crews on the beach, | 给海滩的船队发放酬薪 |
[29:32] | in exchange for their agreement to follow our lead in battle, | 换取他们的同意 万一出现防守这里的必要 |
[29:35] | should the need arise to defend the island. | 在战斗中他们得听从我们的指挥 |
[29:44] | Smells differently than I remember. | 闻起来和我记忆中的气味不太一样了 |
[29:48] | Maybe it’s changed, | 也许是味道变了 |
[29:49] | or maybe I’ve just been misremembering it all this time. | 也或许是一直以来我都记错了 |
[29:53] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[29:55] | Where? | 去哪 |
[29:56] | I’d like to meet these partners of yours. | 我想见见你的这些盟友 |
[30:05] | Get up there! Slack off the truss lashing! | 快上去 把桁架绑索松了 |
[30:07] | Get it moving! | 手脚麻利点 |
[30:09] | Cut it loose if you have to! | 实在不行就砍断 |
[31:01] | Keep her steady! | 把船稳住 |
[31:04] | Hold fast, men. | 稳住啊 伙计们 |
[31:12] | Knockdown! | 大浪来了 |
[31:36] | Bub! | 布勃 |
[31:59] | Captain! Captain! | 船长 船长 |
[32:02] | With that topgallant loose, | 再不收起上桅帆 |
[32:03] | it’ll drive us into the sea! | 我们会被带到海里的 |
[32:07] | We must reduce the windage, or we’ll sink. | 再不减小风力我们就要沉了 |
[32:12] | Give me another block! Give me another block! | 再给我一块木塞子 再给我一块木塞子 |
[32:18] | Look out! | 小心 |
[32:24] | Oh, my fucking leg! | 操 我的腿 |
[32:29] | Pull ’em out! | 拔出来 |
[32:30] | Fuckin’ hell! | 我操 |
[32:33] | Come on. Here, here, take my hand. | 快 握住我的手 |
[33:27] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[33:50] | Hey! Help! | 来人啊 救命 |
[33:52] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[33:54] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[35:30] | Help! God! | 救命啊 天啊 |
[35:37] | They say the worst of it don’t last long. | 他们说最糟糕的部分一眨眼就过去了 |
[35:46] | What the water does to you once it’s got you. | 一旦海水将你攫住 |
[35:52] | It makes you cold, makes you scared. | 它会冻透你 让你害怕 |
[35:56] | It shows you things. Bad things. | 它会让你看到可怕的事情 |
[36:02] | But then it warms you. | 但很快它就会温暖你 |
[36:04] | It settles you. | 使你安定下来 |
[36:08] | It shows you the places you’ve been, | 它会让你看到你去过的地方 |
[36:12] | the people you’ve loved. | 你爱过的人 |
[36:18] | They’re all there waiting for you. | 他们都在那边等你 |
[36:24] | It doesn’t sound so bad. | 听起来也不是很糟 |
[36:28] | Fuck. | 操 |
[36:31] | Come on. | 挺住 |
[36:42] | Fuck. | 操 |
[36:47] | Oh, fuck. | 我操 |
[36:50] | Hey! Wait! | 等等 |
[36:52] | Take my — God — God, come on! | 抓住我的… 天啊 挺住啊 |
[36:55] | Come on. | 坚持住 |
[37:01] | Come on, please! | 别放弃 求你了 |
[37:05] | Ah, God! | 我的天啊 |
[37:10] | No. | 不 |
[37:18] | Fuck! | 操 |
[37:32] | Fuck! | 我操 |
[37:37] | Fuck! Fuck! | 操 操 |
[38:01] | Found that. At the inn by the bar. | 酒馆吧台捡的 |
[38:04] | Oh, I know. Mr. Warren misplaced it yesterday. | 我知道 沃伦先生昨天丢的 |
[38:07] | No, that one we found in the privy yesterday. | 不是 昨天那袋是丢在厕所了 |
[38:10] | This is the new one he was dispersed today. | 这袋是他今天新领的 |
[38:14] | Are you certain? | 你确定吗 |
[38:22] | Just how fucking stupid, exactly, are your men? | 你手底下的人到底蠢到什么份上啊 |
[38:28] | It’s hard to say. | 语言难以形容 |
[38:43] | Ah, to a momentous return. | 敬这历史性的回归 |
[38:48] | A man of your ability and experience | 像你这样有能力与经验的人 |
[38:52] | will be a most welcome addition to our ranks. | 会使我们名声大噪威震八方 |
[38:56] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[38:59] | Rackham. | 拉克姆 |
[39:02] | That’s my name. | 就是我 |
[39:04] | You were the scrawny one… | 你就是那只瘦猴子 |
[39:06] | who was trying so desperately to join Charles’ first crew. | 当年拼了命的想加入查尔斯第一支船队 |
[39:10] | Flint I can understand, | 弗林特我能理解 |
[39:12] | but this is your third partner? | 但这就是你第三个搭档 |
[39:15] | Jack took the Urca de Lima prize. | 杰克拿下了厄卡·德·利马号的战利品 |
[39:17] | Transported it, secured it. | 运回来 并小心守护 |
[39:19] | He’s been employing it to provide for Nassau’s defense. | 他在用它来守卫拿骚 |
[39:22] | Nassau, as I’m sure you recall, | 我想你应该记得 |
[39:24] | lacks the will to form an identity. | 拿骚一直没有自己的身份 |
[39:27] | It is and always has been fragments of an idea, | 这从来只是一个不成气候的想法 |
[39:29] | and without identity– an organized defense? | 没有身份认同 谈何有组织的防御 |
[39:32] | Near impossible. | 近乎不可能 |
[39:33] | The stipends… | 这些薪酬 |
[39:37] | create an obligation to follow one command | 建立了一种义务 使大家 |
[39:39] | in the event of a threat to the island. | 在岛上遭遇威胁时必须听从统一的领导 |
[39:41] | Captain Flint, as the island’s most able naval tactician, | 弗林特船长 作为岛上最强海上战术家 |
[39:45] | would command our forces on the water, | 将统领我们的水上力量 |
[39:46] | and Charles would captain the militia to defend the land. | 而查尔斯将带领民兵守卫陆地 |
[39:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:52] | Beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[39:55] | Why are you so determined to defend Nassau? | 你为什么要这么坚决地守卫拿骚 |
[40:00] | Because Henry Avery set his camp here | 因为亨利·艾弗里在这建立了营地 |
[40:02] | and said, “This is a place for free men.” | 并说”这里属于自由的人民” |
[40:05] | And because you sailed from here and made this place feared. | 也因为你从这里起航 使这里为人所惧 |
[40:08] | Because Henry Jennings and Benjamin Hornigold | 因为亨利·詹宁斯和本杰明·霍尼戈德 |
[40:11] | and Sam Bellamy gave Nassau life. | 还有山姆·贝勒米给予了拿骚生命 |
[40:13] | And you think your name belongs on that list. | 看来你觉得你的名字也应在这名单上 |
[40:15] | Yes, I understand. | 是的 我懂 |
[40:18] | Captain Teach? | 蒂奇船长 |
[40:28] | We hear you’re taking on new men. | 我们听说你在招新人 |
[40:31] | We’d like to join you. | 我们想加入 |
[40:37] | If you please. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[40:43] | When I was a young man in this place, | 当我在这里还年轻的时候 |
[40:45] | it was a settled notion | 有一条不成文的规定 |
[40:46] | that in order to join a crew of any repute, | 如果想加入任何有名望的船队 |
[40:50] | one had to prove his worth. | 一个人必须证明他的价值 |
[40:52] | Two men, evenly matched, bare fists, | 两人 势均力敌 赤手空拳 |
[40:56] | the only measure of difference between them | 检验他们区别的唯一标准 |
[40:57] | being the measure of their will. | 就是他们的意志 |
[41:00] | Now all a man need do is say “Please.” | 现在却只要一声请求就行了 |
[41:08] | You want us to fight each other for this? | 你想我们为此大打出手 |
[41:23] | I had such hopes for this place | 我对这个地方还抱有期望 |
[41:24] | when I heard the Guthries had gone. | 当我听说格斯里都滚蛋以后 |
[41:26] | Thought it had a chance to return to what it once was, | 觉得它有机会回到它曾经的样子 |
[41:28] | return to that state. | 恢复到鼎盛 |
[41:30] | But now I see there’s no hope of that anymore. | 但我现在发现已经毫无希望可言 |
[41:32] | You have taken away the one thing that made Nassau what it was. | 你夺走了拿骚唯一引以为豪的东西 |
[41:37] | You have given her prosperity. | 你给了她繁荣 |
[41:41] | Strife is good. | 争斗是件好事 |
[41:44] | Strife makes a man strong. | 争斗使人变强 |
[41:48] | For if a man is capable of confronting death daily, | 一个人如果能每天直面死亡 |
[41:51] | functioning in the face of it, | 在死亡面前丝毫不惧 |
[41:52] | there’s no telling what else that man can do, | 谁也说不准他还做得出什么 |
[41:53] | and a man whose limits cannot be known | 如果无法让人摸透他的真正实力 |
[41:56] | is a very hard man to defeat in battle. | 这样的人在战争中会所向披靡 |
[41:59] | Now I look around me and I see crews filled with men | 现在我环望四周 我看到许多船队 |
[42:02] | who’ve only ever won a prize through surrender. | 充斥靠别人投降才取得战利品的船员 |
[42:05] | I see captains who ought to have been deposed months ago | 我看许多几个月前就应被废黜的船长 |
[42:09] | keep their office because their men are comfortable. | 却依然在位 就因为他们手下过得舒适 |
[42:12] | I see decay everywhere. | 举目所及一片衰败 |
[42:16] | Now, I returned to go on the account as I know it. | 如今我回来是为了重振旧日的海盗雄风 |
[42:20] | I returned because in this place | 我回来是因为在这里 |
[42:22] | I believed I could find the men necessary to do so | 我相信我能找到需要的人 |
[42:25] | and, in particular, one man that I thought worthy | 尤其是一个让我觉得 |
[42:28] | of standing alongside me at the head of a terrible fleet. | 够格与我并肩领导这只无畏舰队的人 |
[42:35] | I wonder if he’s still here. | 不知道他是否还在这里 |
[43:32] | Now, listen. | 听好了 |
[43:33] | I am committed to defending the gold, | 我下定决心要守护这些金币 |
[43:36] | the fort, this place, to preserving it for an age. | 这座堡垒 这个地方 能让它们与世长久 |
[43:40] | I owe that to my partners. | 我答应过我的搭档们 |
[43:41] | I owe it to myself. | 也答应过我自己 |
[43:42] | I cannot imagine failure. | 我无法想象失败 |
[43:45] | But I cannot deny the potential for it either. | 但我也无法否认失败的可能性 |
[43:50] | You will organize the exchanges– | 你们将负责组织整个交易 |
[43:51] | gold for things of equal value, yet small and light. | 用金币交换等值商品 但更小更轻 |
[43:54] | Mr. Featherstone and I will facilitate moving the gold | 费瑟斯通先生和我将负责把金币 |
[43:57] | from the treasury in secret to the site of each location. | 从宝库中运出来 并运送到各个交易地点 |
[44:01] | You will keep it quiet. | 不能让任何人知道 |
[44:03] | Only as many men as it takes to secure the transactions. | 除了保证交易安全的必须人员 |
[44:06] | I don’t like how any of this looks, | 我不喜欢这样子 |
[44:07] | our scurrying about, stashing things away in dark places | 东掖西藏 把东西藏在暗处 |
[44:10] | like fucking rodents preparing for the winter. | 就像讨厌的老鼠准备过冬食物一样 |
[44:12] | And most critically, I do not want my partners, | 最重要的一点 我不想我的搭档们 |
[44:15] | Captains Flint or Vane, to hear about it. | 弗林特船长或者韦恩 知道此事 |
[44:18] | If either of them catches wind of this, | 要是他们中的任何一个人听到风声 |
[44:21] | shit, I don’t know. | 我也不知道后果会怎样 |
[44:22] | Just keep your mouth shut about it. | 记住不要乱说话 |
[44:35] | What did you say to him? | 你对他说了些什么 |
[44:37] | Tell me the truth. | 对我实话实说 |
[44:40] | What did you say to make him change his mind? | 你说了什么让他改变了主意 |
[44:45] | You and I spoke of what will likely happen | 我们谈论过当英国重新统治这里时 |
[44:48] | the day England returns to this place. | 会是何种状况 |
[44:51] | We spoke of how I must stay. | 我们也谈过 我必须留下 |
[44:54] | Must find a way to enter into their world, | 必须找到一个融入他们世界的方法 |
[44:57] | and I believe you would want to enter it with me. | 我相信你愿意和我一起进入他们的世界 |
[45:00] | I believe that in this moment | 我相信在此时此刻 |
[45:01] | you cannot fathom leaving me. | 你根本不会想离开我 |
[45:07] | But if we are honest with each other, I think we both know– | 但如果我们诚实一点 我想我们都知道… |
[45:10] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[45:11] | Sooner or later, the day is going to come | 迟早 那一天总会来临 |
[45:14] | when, no matter our feelings, | 当那时 不管我们的感情如何 |
[45:16] | the world will demand that you and I… | 这个世界会要求你我… |
[45:46] | We’ll be heading into the wind! | 我们即将进入风暴 |
[45:48] | Things’ll get rougher! | 形势会更加棘手 |
[45:51] | Captain! | 船长 |
[45:53] | There’s nothing more to be done. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[45:55] | We should heave to, ride it out below. | 我们应该停船 静待风暴过去 |
[45:57] | Hornigold knows our last position. | 霍尼戈德知道我们的最后位置 |
[45:59] | They’ll be patrolling downwind. | 他们会顺风航行巡查 |
[46:02] | The storm’ll blow us right to him. | 风暴会直接把我们吹向他 |
[46:05] | Head up now– close as you can. | 冲进去 尽可能靠近风暴 |
[46:10] | Captain, this is mad! | 船长 这样太疯狂了 |
[46:13] | Billy, make it so. | 比利 照我说的做 |
[46:18] | You two, man the starboard braces. | 你们俩 守着右舷拉筋 |
[46:26] | You heard, man the braces! | 都听到了 守好拉筋 |
[46:28] | Hold it. Hold it. | 抓紧 抓紧 |
[47:30] | Got to close the hatch. | 得把舱口关上了 |
[47:31] | Close the hatch! | 关上舱口 |
[47:36] | Where’s the Captain? | 船长在哪儿 |
[48:37] | Not that I anticipate it will alter your behavior in any way, | 我并不是想左右您的决定 |
[48:40] | but you should know I do not approve of this. | 但你应该知道我并不赞成这件事 |
[48:45] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道自己在干什么 |
[48:48] | Like most of London, I read your memoir. | 跟大多数伦敦人一样 我读过你的自传 |
[48:51] | Marveled at your privateering exploits. | 为你的私掠历险赞叹不已 |
[48:54] | It was quite a story. | 真是个精彩的故事 |
[48:56] | But I hear things. | 但我听说了一些事情 |
[48:59] | Certain details of your grand voyage, | 关于你华丽航行的一些细节 |
[49:03] | rash decisions and the terrible injuries that followed, | 冲动决定导致的惨重伤亡 |
[49:06] | the scars of which are… | 那些不堪 |
[49:08] | left out of the pages of your account. | 在你的书中没有只字提及 |
[49:12] | But perhaps harder to erase elsewhere. | 却无法彻底抹去 |
[49:19] | Were you so confident then as you are now? | 当初你也像如今一样自信吗 |
[49:27] | Captain Hornigold. Welcome aboard. | 霍尼戈德船长 欢迎上船 |
[49:31] | Mr. Dufresne. | 迪弗雷纳先生 |
[49:34] | I have news to relay, sir, | 我要消息禀报 长官 |
[49:35] | but first, I’m sorry, | 但首先 恕我冒昧 |
[49:36] | I must address a rumor I’ve heard since my arrival here, | 我必须证实一条来这后我听到的传言 |
[49:40] | a rumor most troubling about a fugitive | 一条令人担忧的传言 |
[49:43] | that you’ve made a part of your endeavor. | 说您此次旅程带了一名犯人同行 |
[49:53] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[49:54] | I would introduce you, | 我很乐意介绍你们认识 |
[49:55] | but, uh, from what I understand, | 但据我所知 |
[49:57] | you’re quite familiar with one another. | 你们似乎已经相当熟悉了 |
[49:59] | Respectfully, that woman is not to be trusted. | 恕我直言 您绝不能相信这女人 |
[50:01] | I know, | 我知道 |
[50:02] | but perhaps I don’t need to trust her. | 但或许我不需要相信她 |
[50:05] | And, by way of context, | 换句话说 |
[50:07] | I don’t much trust you either. | 我也并不怎么相信你 |
[50:10] | Let’s assume you’ll each be a check on the other, | 所以或许你们可以互相遏制 |
[50:13] | and I’ll count myself fortunate. | 这样对我来说也许是件好事 |
[50:16] | What news, Captain? | 什么消息 船长 |
[50:19] | I engaged Captain Flint as promised. | 我依言与弗林特船长交战 |
[50:21] | When he and his crew declined my offer of pardons, | 当他和他的船员拒绝我提供的赦免时 |
[50:25] | I pressed my advantage and drove him, | 我借助优势 将他们已经伤痕累累的船 |
[50:27] | already battered, into a tempest. | 逼进了风暴之中 |
[50:29] | When it subsided, I patrolled the area extensively | 风暴平息后 我仔细巡查了附近海域 |
[50:33] | and recovered several pieces of fresh debris. | 找到了几块新近发现的残骸 |
[50:35] | Debris? What kind of debris? | 残骸 什么样的残骸 |
[50:37] | The definitive kind. | 决定性的残骸 |
[50:43] | Captain Flint is dead. | 弗林特船长已死 |
[52:31] | We’re not moving. | 我们没有在前进 |
[53:05] | Where are we? | 我们在哪 |
[53:07] | The storm drove us east into the Sargasso Sea. | 风暴将我们吹进了东边的马尾藻海 |
[53:11] | We are becalmed. | 我们被困住了 |
[53:13] | Stores? | 食物储备情况呢 |
[53:14] | Most of the fresh water was lost in the flooding in the storm. | 大部分淡水在风暴中被冲走了 |
[53:18] | The food that could be salvaged, we have a few days. | 还能吃的食物够我们撑几天 |
[53:22] | Maybe a week. | 最多一星期 |
[53:26] | How far to the nearest coast? | 最近的海岸离我们有多远 |
[53:29] | At our current speed? | 照现在的速度吗 |
[53:32] | About three times that. | 差不多要三周 |
[53:35] | Unless the wind returns soon… | 除非尽快起风 |
[53:39] | we won’t survive this. | 否则我们必死无疑 |