时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | When you return, are you going to explain to Peter | 你带她回去的时候 准备向彼得解释 |
[00:13] | what it is you’re trying to accomplish here? | 你想在这里完成什么伟业吗 |
[00:14] | A Nassau that can self-govern. | 拿骚自治 |
[00:16] | This is not a man that we can negotiate with, | 这种人不会跟我们谈条件的 |
[00:18] | – that I can negotiate with. – Of course you can. | -跟不会跟我谈 -你当然可以 |
[00:20] | Because you will have just presented him with his only daughter. | 因为你手上有他唯一的女儿 |
[00:23] | I can only scavenge leads for so long. | 我不能一直靠埃莉诺的信息赚点蝇头小利 |
[00:25] | I have an appetite for something larger than that. | 我想要的远不止这些 |
[00:28] | For this, I need a partner I can trust. | 而要成功 我需要一个能信任的搭档 |
[00:30] | A launch landed on the beach a short while ago. | 不久前一艘船回来了 |
[00:32] | They told Flint the gold was gone. What did they tell you? | 他们告诉弗林特金币不在了 他们怎么跟你说的 |
[00:35] | The Urca gold is on that beach. | 厄卡号上的金币仍在海滩 |
[00:37] | It is almost entirely undefended. | 那里如今根本不堪一击 |
[00:40] | Do you know of a crew who might be willing to aid in this endeavor? | 你知道有哪个船队愿意协助我们实现大业吗 |
[00:43] | Abigail, you are no longer a hostage. | 阿比盖尔 你不再是人质了 |
[00:45] | I’m going to get you out of here. | 我会救你出去 |
[00:46] | So, what’s the plan? | 你打算怎么做 |
[00:47] | Leave me to answer for this among the men? | 留我一人独自跟手下解释这一切 |
[00:49] | My death sentence. You will hear from me again. | 看着我死吗 我不会放过你的 |
[00:54] | – You’re Captain Flint? – My name is James. | -你就是弗林特船长 -我叫詹姆斯 |
[00:56] | James McGraw. | 詹姆斯·麦格劳 |
[02:53] | It’s all right. You’re all right. | 没事的 你会没事的 |
[02:56] | I’m here. | 我在这呢 |
[03:38] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[03:40] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[03:45] | Shh, it’s all right. I’m here. | 没事的 我在这呢 |
[03:48] | Shh, you’re all right. | 你会没事的 |
[03:56] | Last night was the first of my journey home. | 昨晚是我归家旅途的第一夜 |
[04:01] | Still, my dreams are haunted by the faces of those pirates | 但虏获我的那些海盗面孔 |
[04:05] | that first captured me. | 仍然如噩梦般挥之不去 |
[04:13] | Now I find myself in the custody of another band of pirates. | 如今我落到了另一帮海盗的手上 |
[04:18] | I’m told they’re different, | 据说他们跟其他海盗不一样 |
[04:20] | and I will say that so far these men | 我也承认 目前为止 |
[04:23] | have treated me civilly, even courteously. | 这些人对我很文明 甚至可以说是很礼貌 |
[04:28] | They’ve even afforded me the tools to keep this journal. | 他们甚至还提供了书写工具让我能写这本日记 |
[04:32] | And though they will almost certainly | 尽管我知道在靠岸之前 |
[04:34] | destroy these pages before we disembark, | 他们一定会销毁这本日记 |
[04:37] | eliminating any record of their activities or their identities… | 抹去任何可能暴露他们行为及身份的记录 |
[04:43] | just the act of putting my thoughts to paper | 但可以将思绪抒于纸上 |
[04:46] | has helped me feel myself again. | 仿佛让我找回了昔日的自己 |
[04:49] | To construct for myself an illusion | 给我制造了一种假象 |
[04:52] | that I’m still on the Good Fortune | 仿佛我仍在好运气号上 |
[04:55] | nearing the end of a long voyage, | 长途跋涉之后终将归家返航 |
[04:58] | recent events were themselves the nightmare, | 之前发生的一切只是一场噩梦 |
[05:02] | and that these men are simply sailors | 而这些人仅仅只是 |
[05:05] | tasked with delivering me home. | 护送我回家的水手而已 |
[05:08] | Get off me, I tell you! I’ll kill you! | 放手 听见没有 我要杀了你 |
[05:11] | Hey, hey, come on! Stop, you! | 住手 都给我住手 |
[05:13] | I said cut it out. | 别闹了 听到没 |
[05:15] | I don’t know who started it, but it stops right now. | 我不知道是谁挑的头 但立刻都给我住手 |
[05:17] | Take him away! Get back to work! | 把他带走 都回去干活 |
[05:19] | But it is only an illusion. | 但一切都只是假象 |
[05:24] | And a fragile one at that. | 一个脆弱不堪的假象 |
[05:32] | My father told me about these men, | 父亲跟我说过这种人 |
[05:35] | about their natures, | 他们的本性 |
[05:38] | so I know that any appearance of civility from them | 所以我知道他们对我的文明礼貌 |
[05:41] | is but a glimpse of the men they once were. | 只是他们过去的一瞥 |
[05:45] | A ghost that shows itself only while the darker things | 只有在如今占据他们灵魂的黑暗蛰伏时 |
[05:49] | that now govern their souls lay dormant. | 才会偶尔显现的幽灵 |
[05:53] | Though I’m forced to wonder | 但我不禁猜想 |
[05:55] | if this illusion is no accident at all, | 这种假象并不是偶然 |
[05:58] | but theater for my benefit, | 而是一场专门为我而演的戏 |
[06:00] | orchestrated by someone so awful, | 由一个无比可怕的人精心编排 |
[06:03] | even monsters such as these have no choice | 如此可怕 以至于连这些怪物都无法抗拒 |
[06:06] | but to dance to the tune he plays for them. | 只能依照他的命令行事 |
[06:11] | Which leads me to the one thought | 这让我不禁想到 |
[06:13] | I find most frightening and most difficult to dismiss. | 一个我最害怕却挥之不去的念头 |
[06:19] | What happens if that man decides the theater | 如果那个人决定演这场戏 |
[06:22] | no longer serves his purposes | 已经不再有意义 |
[06:25] | and he lets the monsters loose? | 于是任由那些怪物肆虐 |
[06:37] | Everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[06:40] | Yes. | 都好 |
[06:43] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[06:55] | She was writing about me. | 她在写我的事 |
[06:57] | Do you think? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[07:00] | I suppose I can’t blame her. | 这也怪不得她 |
[07:02] | A girl her age with what she’s been through. | 那么小的姑娘就经历了那么多事 |
[07:04] | It’s a credit to her that she can function at all. | 她还能如常人一般就是上帝的恩赐了 |
[07:09] | Look at her. | 你看看她 |
[07:11] | When I first learned she was on the island, | 我刚听说她在岛上时 |
[07:14] | I saw in my mind a five-year-old child | 想到的是她五岁时 |
[07:17] | hiding behind her mother’s dress. | 躲在妈妈身后的样子 |
[07:20] | Then I saw her. | 然后看到她 |
[07:23] | I realized she’s a woman. | 我才意识到她长大了 |
[07:27] | It’s like she’s some sort of clock | 她就好比是一座钟表 |
[07:29] | that’s finally struck its chime | 终于敲响了钟声 |
[07:31] | and woken me from this dream we’ve been living, | 把我从我们的梦中惊醒 |
[07:34] | reminded me how many years separate me | 提醒我那个我仍当做家的世界 |
[07:38] | from a world I still think of as home. | 已经离我远去那么多年 |
[07:44] | How unrecognizable the woman I am now | 与当时的自己相比 |
[07:46] | would be to the woman I was then. | 我现在变化竟如此之大 |
[07:58] | I recognize you. | 我还认得你 |
[08:02] | You recognize me? | 你认得我吗 |
[08:05] | Yes. | 认得 |
[08:07] | So that’s in our favor. | 这就足够了 |
[08:14] | The question is… | 问题是… |
[08:17] | will Peter recognize either one of us? | 彼得还会认得我们吗 |
[08:26] | Five million pieces. | 五百万枚银币 |
[08:28] | Five million fucking pieces. | 他妈的五百万啊 |
[08:31] | Five million pieces. | 五百万枚银币啊 |
[08:36] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[09:01] | How in the fuck | 我他妈的 |
[09:03] | am I supposed to prepare to carry | 要怎么在其他人 |
[09:05] | five million pieces of eight across an ocean | 不知道的情况下 准备把 |
[09:08] | without anybody knowing I’m doing it?! | 五百万枚银币运送过海 |
[09:09] | I don’t know, but perhaps if you asked a little louder, | 我不知道 但如果你声音再大一点 |
[09:12] | there might be someone on the moon who could help you. | 月亮上的人可能就听到来帮你了 |
[09:15] | Why don’t we lower our voices and begin again? | 我们小点声再说怎么样 |
[09:18] | Have you begun the men clearing the ship’s hold? | 你开始让船员清理货仓了吗 |
[09:21] | Everything that isn’t bolted down | 所有能搬动的东西 |
[09:22] | is being moved onto the sand. | 都在运往沙滩 |
[09:24] | I told him I needed to refigure how she was carrying her weight. | 我说的是我需要重新考虑船的载重设计 |
[09:28] | – Is that something one does? – No. | -这是大家会做的事吗 -不 |
[09:30] | It’s all I could think of given that there’s no good reason | 我只能想到这个了 根本没什么好理由 |
[09:34] | to empty a ship while she’s in the bay | 可以解释为什么靠岸时要清空船舱 |
[09:35] | unless you’re making room to fill that space with something else. | 除非你想腾空间装别的东西 |
[09:39] | “Oi, Featherstone, what is it we’re making space for | “费瑟斯通 把船舱清空了” |
[09:41] | by emptying all this stuff?” | “我们这是要装什么啊” |
[09:42] | “Oh, nothing, gents. I just want to…” | “没什么 先生们 我只是想…” |
[09:43] | Try to refigure how she’s carrying her weight? | 重新考虑一下船的载重 |
[09:45] | …refigure how she’s carrying her weight,” Exactly. | “重新考虑一下船的载重” 是的 |
[09:48] | Fuck! | 我操 |
[09:50] | Even if somehow we can set sail | 即使我们可以在别人 |
[09:53] | to retrieve this gold without anyone knowing it, | 毫不知情下起航去取那些财宝 |
[09:55] | even if the intelligence is correct and the gold is retrievable, | 即使情报可靠 我们可以取回那些财宝 |
[09:59] | we haven’t even begun to address the issue | 但我们都还没想过 |
[10:01] | of where we’ll put all that gold, much less defend it. | 财宝取来了放哪里 更不用说如何守卫了 |
[10:05] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[10:07] | is this really something we’re capable of doing? | 这件事我们真的有能力做成吗 |
[10:10] | – Yes. – Yes? | -是的 -是的 |
[10:13] | Yes, we are capable of doing this and more. | 是的 我们有能力做成这件事 甚至不止于此 |
[10:18] | We will have that prize, Mr. Featherstone. | 我们一定会拿到那批财宝 费瑟斯通先生 |
[10:21] | We’ve all come too far | 事已至此 |
[10:22] | to let an opportunity like this pass us by. | 我们绝不能让机会溜走 |
[10:26] | Would you not agree? | 你觉得呢 |
[10:28] | I humbly suggest you continue unloading the hold. | 我建议你继续清理货仓 |
[10:31] | By the time anyone expects to reload it, | 等大家觉得是时候补货时 |
[10:34] | you will be close enough to departure to tell them the truth, yes? | 你也即将启航 就可以告诉大家真相了不是吗 |
[10:52] | Is it possible for two men | 马上就有无尽的财富了 |
[10:54] | days removed from unending wealth to be any less happy? | 可有两个人却一点都不高兴 这可能吗 |
[11:01] | All right, I can see that you are angry. | 我看得出来你很生气 |
[11:06] | But are you angry with Anne for leaving | 但你是在为安妮的离开生气呢 |
[11:08] | or are you angry with me for offering her the opportunity? | 还是为我给她的提议而生气 |
[11:12] | It would help me to understand with which I am dealing. | 这能让我明白我面对的问题到底是什么 |
[11:22] | For so many years, I knew her. | 这么多年来 我很了解她 |
[11:25] | Perhaps the only one who truly knew her. | 也许也是唯一真正了解她的人 |
[11:30] | But for weeks, with everything we’ve been through, | 但最近几周 我们经历的这些事 |
[11:33] | everything she’s done… | 她所做的这一切 |
[11:37] | she’s a fucking mystery to me. | 我都看不懂她了 |
[11:42] | So now I realize two things are possible… | 我觉得有两种可能 |
[11:44] | one, something has changed within her, | 一 她内心发生了巨变 |
[11:46] | something so significant that | 剧烈到让她变成了 |
[11:48] | she’s turned into someone I barely recognize, | 我都认不出来的人 |
[11:50] | or, two… it was a fantasy that I ever knew her at all. | 又或是 也许我从未曾了解过她 |
[11:56] | And the most disturbing thing about it is, because it’s Anne… | 最让我郁闷的是 因为是安妮 |
[12:03] | I will likely never know which it is. | 或许我永远也无法知道真相 |
[12:07] | Am I angry that she’s gone? | 她走了我生气吗 |
[12:11] | Maybe with everything that lies ahead of us, | 考虑到我们即将面临的状况 |
[12:12] | perhaps it’s for the best. | 也许她走了也好 |
[12:50] | I’m here to see the lady of the house. | 我来见你们的女主人 |
[12:52] | She’s occupied. | 她在忙 |
[12:54] | Tell her it’s news from home. | 告诉她我带来了家里的消息 |
[12:56] | Use those words, please. | 请一字不差地转达 |
[13:09] | Good morning, dear. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[13:13] | What do you have for me? | 你给我带了什么消息 |
[13:15] | The quartermaster, Featherstone, | 那个叫费瑟斯通的舵手 |
[13:18] | met with Max and Rackham behind closed doors again. | 又跟麦克斯和拉克姆闭门密谈了 |
[13:20] | Entered in a huff, left in a huff. | 进去出来时都怒气冲冲的 |
[13:22] | Could you make out their words? | 你听见他们说了什么吗 |
[13:24] | No, and I fear if I pressed any closer, they’d have found me out. | 不 我怕靠得太近他们会察觉 |
[13:29] | Ma’am, you know I am eternally in your debt | 夫人 在你掌管酒馆时对我的好 |
[13:30] | for how you treated me when you oversaw the inn, | 我一辈子都会记得 |
[13:32] | but please don’t ask me to delve into this any further. | 但别让我继续深入探查了 |
[13:37] | It’s all for a good cause, rest assured. | 别担心 这都是有正当理由的 |
[13:42] | You haven’t even told me what this is all in service of. | 你都没告诉我这都是为了什么 |
[13:45] | Who the information’s being purchased for. | 这消息是为谁打听的 |
[14:02] | When last we spoke, you said you were still undecided | 上次谈话时 你说你还没决定好 |
[14:04] | as to who would assume control ostensibly of the operation. | 由谁来担任台面上生意的掌管者 |
[14:07] | I was just wondering if you’d reached a decision. | 我想知道你现在决定好了吗 |
[14:10] | Not yet. Shortly. | 还没有 很快就能决定 |
[14:12] | – Is that all? – Yes, ma’am. | -就这些吗 -是的 女士 |
[14:17] | No news from the fort? | 堡垒那边没消息吗 |
[14:20] | The doors are still shut. No word from inside. | 依然大门紧闭 内部也没传出消息 |
[14:22] | Either they’re plotting some sort of reprisal | 要不就是为了艾什小姐的失踪 |
[14:24] | against us over the disappearance of Miss Ashe or… | 在策划对我们的报复 |
[14:27] | Or they’re still choosing a new captain. | 或者还在选举新的船长 |
[14:31] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[14:42] | Ma’am, the lady is here. | 女士 夫人来了 |
[14:44] | She’s here right now? | 她现在就要见我 |
[14:46] | Yes, ma’am. Said it was urgent. | 是的 女士 她说有急事 |
[14:49] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:55] | Were we scheduled to see each other today? | 我们约好今天见面了吗 |
[14:58] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[15:00] | But I have news I think you’ll want to hear without delay. | 但我有消息 你应该会想第一时间知道 |
[15:04] | May I sit? | 我能坐下吗 |
[15:11] | When you engaged me to monitor the goings on across the way, | 当你吩咐我监督对面的情况时 |
[15:15] | for a generous stipend, I might add, | 而且还赋予了丰厚的薪酬 |
[15:18] | I must confess, I thought you’d overestimated our young friend Max, | 不得不说 我觉得你高估了年轻的麦克斯 |
[15:22] | worrying that she was clever enough to create any real trouble… | 她没能力搞出什么大事来 |
[15:26] | I’m sorry, is there a point you are trying to make? | 你到底想说什么 |
[15:28] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[15:30] | There is something afoot at the inn. | 酒馆里在密谋着什么 |
[15:33] | I believe I know what it is. | 我想我知道是什么 |
[15:36] | And I believe you’ll want to know it, too. | 我相信你也想知道 |
[15:44] | Next item! | 下一项 |
[15:49] | I know my role here is to recount information to you. | 我知道我的职责是向你们阐述消息 |
[15:53] | But with what lies ahead, | 但面对即将来临的挑战 |
[15:56] | I’m hoping you’ll indulge me in a personal account. | 希望你们能允许我说点私事 |
[16:00] | About five years ago, I served on a merchant vessel | 约五年前 我在一艘商船上工作 |
[16:03] | running slaves in and out of Charles Town. | 在查尔斯顿进行奴隶买卖的贸易 |
[16:07] | I remember the first time I saw those walls, | 我记得第一次看见那些城墙的时候 |
[16:11] | those patrol ships, | 那些巡逻船 |
[16:14] | and those fucking guns. | 还有那些糟心的火炮 |
[16:17] | The first mate leans in as he sees that look on my face. | 大副看到我的表情时靠了过来 |
[16:22] | He says, “That, son, | 他说 “这些 孩子 |
[16:26] | is a town resolved never to be fucked with.” | 意味着这城镇绝容不得人撒野” |
[16:31] | And as we’re unloading our cargo, | 我们卸货时 |
[16:33] | we watch a gathering in the square– a gallows. | 看到广场上一堆人在围观绞刑 |
[16:37] | And we watch as they haul up a man | 我们看着他们绞死了一个人 |
[16:40] | named Solomon Little. | 他叫所罗门·利特尔 |
[16:45] | And they announced to the crowd that this man… | 他们向着人群宣布 这个人… |
[16:46] | When Captain Flint first arrived on this island, | 弗林特船长刚登岛的时候 |
[16:49] | he gained influence faster than any man I’d seen before. | 他获得影响力之快真是前无古人 |
[16:52] | Or since. | 也后无来者 |
[16:54] | I heard men say it was because of the violence. | 我听人说是因为他的暴行 |
[16:56] | I heard them say it was his charm. | 也听说是因为他的魅力 |
[16:59] | But it was clear to me the reason why | 但在我看来很显然 |
[17:01] | he was so good at bending men towards his will | 他这么擅长俘获人心 |
[17:03] | was he knew the power of a story | 是因为他知道一个好故事能带来的力量 |
[17:06] | and how to harness it to his own ends. | 以及如何将种力量为己所用 |
[17:09] | That man there, I would argue, | 我看那个人 |
[17:11] | may very well be his equal. | 也许跟弗林特不相上下 |
[17:13] | …As they put the rope around his neck. | 他们将绳索缠绕上他的脖颈… |
[17:17] | And I listened to that excited talk… | 我听着那激情的演讲… |
[17:19] | You know it isn’t even his. | 这故事都不是他的 |
[17:22] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[17:23] | The pirate story is Bernard’s. | 这个海盗故事是伯纳德的 |
[17:26] | I’ve heard him tell it before. | 我以前听他说过 |
[17:28] | This man was no more than an animal… | 这个人就是畜生… |
[17:28] | That’d be about the first mate I’ve heard before, too. | 大副的故事我也听过 |
[17:30] | Jeffries, I think. Can’t remember. | 好像叫杰弗里斯吧 记不清了 |
[17:35] | Can’t trust a fucking thing out of his mouth. | 这人嘴里就没一句实话 |
[17:37] | Yeah, the story’s his, the story isn’t his. | 不管这故事是不是他的 |
[17:41] | But the power of the telling… | 他讲故事的技巧 |
[17:44] | that is clearly his. | 可真是厉害 |
[17:47] | At the moment, he’s using it to help the captain. | 目前 他在用这个能力帮助船长 |
[17:50] | But God help us if he ever realizes | 但如果他意识到这能力的力量 |
[17:52] | what else he could use it to accomplish. | 真不敢想象会是什么样子 |
[17:55] | And as he swung, | 他吊在绳上晃时 |
[17:58] | I watched the crowd jeer at him. | 我看着人们嘲笑他 |
[18:01] | I watched them laugh and celebrate. | 我看着他们大笑庆祝 |
[18:05] | Women, children, all of them. | 男女老少 都是如此 |
[18:08] | I tell you, friends, | 朋友们 我跟你们说 |
[18:11] | what lies ahead isn’t just the governor | 我们要面对的不仅是政府 |
[18:13] | nor his lieutenants or his soldiers or their guns. | 他们的海军上尉 士兵 或是枪炮 |
[18:18] | The people of Charles Town are eager to see you and me dead. | 更是查尔斯敦的人们想看我们死 |
[18:25] | If Captain Flint is to come through this alive, | 如果弗林特船长要撑过这关 |
[18:29] | we will need to be focused and at our best. | 我们就得集中精力 保持最佳状态 |
[18:42] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚他妈是怎么回事 |
[18:46] | What? | 什么 |
[18:47] | When you two returned and the three of us stood on that beach, | 你俩回来后 咱仨站在海滩上那会儿 |
[18:49] | what did I say to you? | 我怎么跟你说的 |
[18:53] | You said if we told Flint the gold was gone, | 你说如果我告诉弗林特金子没了 |
[18:55] | you’d get another crew to go back and get it | 你会另组一队人回去抢金子 |
[18:57] | and we could have a bigger share. | 我们就能分得更多 |
[19:04] | Well, there we go. | 那就对了 |
[19:06] | There’s the problem. | 问题来了 |
[19:07] | It seems you only heard half of what I said that night. | 看来你只听进去了我那晚说的一半 |
[19:11] | I also said that if anyone, | 我还说了如果有人 |
[19:14] | anyone even remotely suspected something was off about our story, | 只要有人有一丝怀疑我们的故事 |
[19:18] | if they even detected the faintest whiff of it, | 只要察觉到一点风声 |
[19:20] | we would all be dead men. | 我们都必死无疑 |
[19:23] | That sounds familiar, does it not? | 听着有点耳熟吧 对不对 |
[19:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:28] | – I understand. – Do you? | -我知道了 -是吗 |
[19:30] | The men on this ship face grave danger ahead. | 这艘船上的人面临着巨大的危险 |
[19:34] | So when you sit behind them grinning like a fucking child, | 所以当你坐在他们身后像个小屁孩一样傻笑时 |
[19:38] | you can see how that presents a problem. | 你明白这有多不正常吧 |
[19:41] | How it might elicit the very questions | 而这就可能引发我们 |
[19:43] | we came on this fucking trip to avoid in the fucking first place. | 当初参与此行想避免的狗日问题 |
[19:46] | I said I understand. | 我说了明白了 |
[19:48] | No one’s asking questions. | 没人怀疑 |
[19:50] | No one knows shit, so leave me alone about it. | 没人知道 所以别烦我了 |
[20:01] | That man has the potential to be a very real problem | 这家伙迟早会变成 |
[20:04] | for the two of us. | 我们的绊脚石 |
[20:10] | The other day, I received word from one of Max’s girls | 前几天 麦克斯的一个姑娘来告诉我说 |
[20:14] | that Charlotte had left the island, | 夏洛特已经从岛上离开了 |
[20:16] | ran off with a man in the middle of the night. | 在大半夜和一个男人跑了 |
[20:19] | So in love, they say, with a man from Flint’s crew, | 说他俩爱得死去活来 男的是弗林特的船员 |
[20:22] | a man named Logan, | 名叫洛根 |
[20:23] | that they started a life together in Providence. | 他们已经在普罗维登斯岛上一起生活了 |
[20:35] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[20:36] | Charlotte’s savings. | 夏洛特的积蓄 |
[20:40] | Charlotte didn’t trust the other girls, | 她不相信别的姑娘 |
[20:43] | didn’t trust the turns. | 也怕事情有变 |
[20:45] | So she entrusted it to me to watch it for her. | 所以就让我代为保管 |
[20:49] | She and this man leave the island | 她和那个男人就这么毫无征兆 |
[20:51] | on the eve of securing an unprecedented prize | 在即将获得一笔巨大财富的前夕 |
[20:54] | with no warning, no witnesses, and no money. | 连夜离开了这里 无人看见 分文未带 |
[20:58] | I’m sorry, I’m not following. | 抱歉 我没听懂 |
[21:00] | Why did you engage my services, ma’am? | 你为什么要我替你做事 夫人 |
[21:03] | To monitor a brothel madam | 为了控制一个 |
[21:05] | intent on stealing information to use for her benefit. | 会窃取消息并以此牟利的鸨母 |
[21:10] | A member of Flint’s crew, | 弗林特的一个船员 |
[21:12] | with knowledge of the whereabouts of the Urca gold, | 他知道厄卡号上的金币在哪里 |
[21:15] | walks into her inn. | 走进了她的酒馆 |
[21:17] | He promptly disappears under suspicious circumstances, | 之后就可疑地不见了 |
[21:21] | and less than a day later, | 然后不到一天 |
[21:23] | news arrives that the Urca gold is no longer to be won, | 厄卡号的金币就无人可得了 |
[21:27] | but is safely on its way back to Spain. | 被安全地送回西班牙 |
[21:34] | You’re asking me to believe | 你想让我相信 |
[21:35] | that Max somehow got the information | 麦克斯不知怎么从这个人那里得到了 |
[21:38] | about the Urca out of this man’s head, | 有关厄卡号的消息 |
[21:40] | murdered him and then one of her own girls, | 她杀了这个人 和她的一个妓女 |
[21:44] | and then somehow managed to convince Captain Flint | 然后成功地让弗林特船长 |
[21:45] | and the rest of his crew that the Urca gold had disappeared? | 和他的船员们相信 厄卡号的金币已经不见了吗 |
[21:50] | How the fuck would she do that? | 她怎么可能办得到 |
[21:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:56] | But this morning, Captain Rackham’s ship | 但今早 拉克姆船长 |
[21:59] | emptied the entire contents of its hold onto the island, | 把他船上所有的东西都清空了 |
[22:03] | started loading up with fresh water, | 开始储备足够的水 |
[22:05] | preparing to set sail. | 准备出航 |
[22:08] | Wherever he’s going, | 无论他要去哪里 |
[22:09] | he anticipates bringing something very large back. | 他都准备好了要大捞一笔 |
[22:13] | I believe Max learned about the prize. | 我相信麦克斯知道了财宝的信息 |
[22:17] | I believe somehow she managed | 而她成功让全岛的人 |
[22:18] | to convince the island it had disappeared. | 都相信它已经不见了 |
[22:21] | I believe that right now she and her partners | 她和她的合伙人现在肯定 |
[22:24] | are preparing to retrieve it and bring it back to this place. | 正准备去把它拿回来呢 |
[22:28] | Were that to happen, | 如果真是这样 |
[22:30] | the thieves and their like would flourish here | 那些盗贼们可就在这里称霸了 |
[22:33] | and your plans for this place would be doomed to failure. | 而你在这里的计划也就泡汤了 |
[22:41] | I want the Nassau you are trying to build. | 我希望拿骚能成为你想的那样 |
[22:45] | But if that Nassau is ever to be, | 但若要那成为可能 |
[22:48] | you have to stop her. | 你必须阻止她 |
[23:03] | Captain? | 船长 |
[23:08] | Winds are more favorable than we anticipated. | 风向比我们预想中的更有利 |
[23:10] | De Groot wants to tack earlier through the wind than you suggested. | 德·格鲁特想比你说的早点抢风调向 |
[23:13] | Might take some maneuvering. | 可能需要点儿功夫 |
[23:14] | He’d prefer not to do it in the dark, | 他本来觉得晚上做不好 |
[23:15] | but he thinks the men are, um… | 但他觉得大家可以… |
[23:19] | up to it. | 做得到 |
[23:21] | So, as long as you’re in agreement, he’ll make preparations. | 所以如果你同意的话 他就开始准备 |
[23:26] | Tell him I’m in agreement. | 告诉他我同意了 |
[23:27] | The sooner we get her home, the better. | 越早能送她回家越好 |
[23:41] | His name is Billy, in case you were wondering. | 他叫比利 如果你有兴趣的话 |
[23:45] | I beg your pardon. | 抱歉 我不是… |
[23:47] | He just… | 他只是看起来 |
[23:49] | seems so out of place here. | 和这里格格不入 |
[23:51] | Like someone I might have known back home in London. | 像我在伦敦会见到的年轻人 |
[23:54] | He may easily have been. | 他很可能就是 |
[23:56] | His parents were Levelers in Kensington. | 他父母是肯辛顿的平均派 |
[24:00] | Spoke out against impressment, kidnappings. | 公开反对强制征兵和绑架 |
[24:03] | Printed pamphlets from their home. | 还印发宣传册 |
[24:07] | Insisted that Billy was lettered | 他们坚信比利是接受过文化熏陶的孩子 |
[24:09] | so that he could understand the cause and contribute. | 所以他会懂得这份事业和付出 |
[24:14] | That winter, when the press gangs came through town, | 有年冬天抓壮丁的部队路过小镇 |
[24:18] | they found Billy distributing those pamphlets in the street. | 他们看见比利在街上发传单 |
[24:22] | I suppose they found it funny, snatching him | 我想他们是觉得那种行为很可笑 就绑走了他 |
[24:25] | and leaving only the pamphlets for his parents to find. | 而他的父母最后只找到他留下的传单 |
[24:30] | Did he ever see them again, | 他后来还见过他们吗 |
[24:32] | his mother and father? | 他的父母 |
[24:34] | When we found Billy, we freed him, | 我们发现比利的时候还了他自由之身 |
[24:37] | and when given the opportunity to confront the man | 而当他终有机会面对绑走他的人 |
[24:40] | that had taken him from his family, | 那个害他被迫离家 |
[24:43] | held him in bondage for three years | 三年来受尽苦役 |
[24:45] | without wages or reprieve, | 无偿无休的人时 |
[24:49] | he slew that man. | 他把那人杀了 |
[24:52] | After that, he said he couldn’t face his father again. | 从那以后他说他无法再面对父亲 |
[24:56] | Didn’t think he’d be able to accept a murderer for a son. | 觉得他不会认一个杀人犯当儿子 |
[25:05] | Coming through the wind again, gents. | 海风又要来了 各位 |
[25:07] | This one’s gonna be tight. | 这阵风不容易对付 |
[25:08] | Watch yourselves, eh? | 自己要小心 |
[25:10] | Tyson, foremast, Howard, mizzen, | 泰森负责前桅 霍华德负责后桅 |
[25:13] | Irving, main. | 欧文负责主桅 |
[25:39] | What lies ahead, I’m afraid I might be wholly unprepared for. | 前路几何 我恐怕完全没有准备 |
[25:43] | I always thought this journey would end in battle. | 我一直以为这次航行会以战斗终了 |
[25:46] | A fight to preserve the things we held dear. | 一场保卫珍视之物的战斗 |
[25:51] | I understood that. I was ready for that. | 那个我在行 我都做好准备了 |
[25:55] | Now, as it turns out, | 而现在在终点的 |
[25:57] | something else lies at the end of this road. | 却是另一种东西 |
[26:01] | Judgment. | 审判 |
[26:03] | Not of Nassau, but of me | 不是对拿骚的审判 而是对我 |
[26:06] | and the man that I’ve become. | 对如今的我的审判 |
[26:08] | And this entire endeavor | 这一切的努力 |
[26:10] | hangs in the balance of that judgment. | 都取决于审判的结果 |
[26:13] | You can defend that man. | 你可以为如今的你作辩护 |
[26:16] | There are good arguments in defense of him. | 有很多有利的理由可作辩护 |
[26:19] | For some of his deeds, perhaps for most of them. | 有些可以吧 或者说大多数都可以 |
[26:22] | But there are some things that Captain Flint has done | 但弗林特船长做了一些 |
[26:25] | that cannot be defended. | 无从辩护的事情 |
[26:29] | I will make my argument having no sense of my footing with him. | 我的辩护词会跟那个我撇清关系 |
[26:33] | No sense of the things he knows about me, | 对于他所了解的我毫不知情 |
[26:36] | the lower things. The darker things. | 卑鄙的事情 邪恶的事情 |
[26:41] | And the moment he reveals that he knows these things | 他泄露自己知情的时候 |
[26:44] | may be the moment that this all comes crashing down. | 也许就是混沌的开始 |
[26:48] | He is going to render judgment. | 他会作出判决 |
[26:51] | And it all depends on what he sees standing before him– | 判决的结果取决于他如何看待眼前的这个人 |
[26:56] | me or my name. | 是我 还是我的恶名 |
[27:12] | I just want you to know, | 我只是想来告诉你 |
[27:13] | I appreciate the opportunity you gave us. | 我非常感激你给我们提供的机会 |
[27:17] | It’s all right. I’m not stupid. | 别看了 我又不傻 |
[27:20] | Neither is he, honestly. | 老实说他也不傻 |
[27:23] | He’s torn up inside. | 他心里也不好受 |
[27:25] | Betraying the other men, it’s making him act foolish. | 背叛自己的兄弟 让他难免举止失当 |
[27:28] | Like you’ve seen. | 就像你看到的那样 |
[27:31] | That may very well be. | 他最好长点记性 |
[27:33] | But he won’t matter for much | 但他若把咱们仨个都害死 |
[27:34] | if he gets the three of us killed. | 他好不好受也没什么要紧了 |
[27:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:40] | Sometimes he’s just so fucking stubborn. | 有时候他真他妈固执 |
[27:44] | Always been like that, long as we’ve sailed together. | 一直如此 从我们一起出海时就那样了 |
[27:49] | It’s a goddamn shame, truly. | 说真的 太可惜了 |
[27:52] | I wish it were otherwise. | 真希望不必到这一步 |
[27:54] | Well, if you can think of | 要是你能找他聊聊 |
[27:55] | something to say to him to get him to fall in line, | 好让他和我们达成一致 |
[27:57] | now would be a good time. | 现在就是良时 |
[27:59] | Say to him? | 找他聊聊 |
[28:02] | Ain’t we past that now? | 你不觉得现在才聊已经晚了吗 |
[28:06] | Past it? | 什么晚了 |
[28:07] | What you asked me to do, | 你让我去做的 |
[28:08] | wasn’t the point to solve the problem for good? | 不就是一劳永逸解决掉他吗 |
[28:14] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈在说什么 |
[28:17] | Nicholas was scheduled for duty on the mainmast. | 尼古拉斯被安排负责主桅 |
[28:19] | It seemed the perfect chance to make it look like an accident. | 这是制造成事故假象的大好机会啊 |
[28:36] | – Clear out! – Who is it? | -散开 -是谁 |
[28:44] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[28:48] | What about this? Ahem. | 要不然这样 |
[28:50] | Upon our return, we anchor the ship off the southern coast. | 在我们回来时 我们将船停在南海岸 |
[28:54] | A team of men excavate a trench inland. | 一伙人在内陆挖一个沟渠 |
[29:00] | We leave the bulk of the coin in the trench, | 我们将大多数钱币留在沟渠里 |
[29:02] | keep the location secret, | 将位置保密 |
[29:04] | and rotate men in watches to keep it under guard? | 轮番换人看守 |
[29:08] | Your answer as where to secure five million pieces of eight | 你意思保护五百万银币的办法 |
[29:11] | is to dig a hole? | 就是挖个坑 |
[29:16] | All right, how about this? | 好吧 那这样呢 |
[29:18] | It is astonishing how much damage | 一旦你把一个女人领进门 |
[29:21] | a woman can do once you let her in the door. | 她能造成的损害无法想象 |
[29:26] | Is he talking about you? | 他在说你吗 |
[29:27] | He’s talking about Miss Bonny. | 他在说伯妮小姐 |
[29:29] | I’m talking about Miss Guthrie. | 我说的是格斯里小姐 |
[29:30] | We all know what happened up at that fort. | 我们都知道在堡垒上发生了什么 |
[29:32] | He lets her in, she walks off | 他让她进去 她带着 |
[29:34] | with a prize worth a fortune, | 那个象征着一大笔财富的女孩离开 |
[29:36] | leaving him to swing in the wind for it. | 然后把他晾在那里 |
[29:37] | Right now Charles is either fighting to preserve his captaincy | 此刻查尔斯要么正在努力保住船长地位 |
[29:41] | and looking for any good argument to win them a fortune, | 并且找理由迅速地为他们赢一笔财富 |
[29:43] | and quickly, or he’s dead and some new captain | 要么他就已经死了 新的船长 |
[29:47] | is wrestling with the same question. | 在为同样的问题努力 |
[29:49] | What are you saying? | 你说什么 |
[29:50] | Where does one store a fortune in gold coins? | 人们会把金币藏在哪儿 |
[29:54] | In a goddamn fort. | 在堡垒里 |
[29:56] | What, you’re just gonna walk up there, knock on the door, | 啥 你打算就这么过去敲门 |
[29:59] | and ask whoever answers | 不管谁应门 |
[30:01] | if they’ll let us use your half-demolished fort as a treasury? | 都问人家愿不愿意将半毁的堡垒给我们做宝库 |
[30:04] | Yes, care to join me? | 是 一起去吗 |
[30:08] | Please go with him so he doesn’t get killed. | 跟他一起去免得他被杀了 |
[30:11] | Oh, for fuck’s sakes. | 我操 |
[30:20] | Ma’am. | 小姐 |
[30:26] | It’s been a day since Mrs. Mapleton told us of the plot next door. | 梅普尔顿太太告诉我们隔壁的密谋已经一天了 |
[30:30] | For the past day, I have watched the crew | 过去的这天 我看见殖民破晓号的船员 |
[30:32] | of the Colonial Dawn loading supplies. | 装载补给品 |
[30:34] | They are now nearly through and | 他们现在差不多装好了 |
[30:35] | likely less than a day away from setting sail. | 估计不到一天就要出发 |
[30:38] | I’ve wanted to give you the time you needed to deliberate, | 我想给你足够的时间仔细考虑 |
[30:41] | but now I’m concerned you may not appreciate | 但我现在担心你可能没意识到 |
[30:43] | how precarious things will be here | 如果金子到了我们岸上 |
[30:45] | should that gold reach our shores. | 会有多危险的事发生 |
[30:49] | Ma’am, pirates flush with Spanish gold will be encouraged. | 小姐 西班牙金币会让那些海盗更加兴奋不已 |
[30:52] | They will be empowered. | 他们会被授予权力 |
[30:54] | But what they will never be, under any circumstances, | 但在任何条件下 他们都不会 |
[30:56] | is partners in a plan to reconcile with England. | 成为英格兰和解计划的一员 |
[31:00] | From where I sit, I think it is clear | 照我看 我觉得很明显 |
[31:02] | that we must act to prevent– | 我们应该采取行动避免 |
[31:04] | We? | 我们 |
[31:07] | I’m fairly certain that | 我很确定 |
[31:08] | you aren’t suggesting that we do anything. | 你不是在建议”我们”做任何事 |
[31:11] | The only way to truly ensure | 唯一真正能保证 |
[31:13] | that the Urca gold doesn’t return here | 厄卡号上的金币不回到这里的办法 |
[31:15] | is to eliminate everyone with the knowledge | 就是将每个知道 |
[31:17] | of where it is and how to retrieve it. | 它在哪里及怎样取回的人杀了 |
[31:20] | You are suggesting that I have all of these people killed. | 你建议我将所有知情的人杀了 |
[31:24] | Captain Rackham, his leadership, | 拉克姆船长 他的领导班子 |
[31:26] | any of his men who’ve been made aware of it. | 他船员里任何知情的 |
[31:31] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[31:34] | With all due respect, ma’am, | 恕我冒昧 小姐 |
[31:36] | it’s not as if you haven’t done it before. | 你又不是没有做过这种事 |
[31:42] | I have done what I have done to arrive at this point. | 我做了为了走到今天所必须做的事 |
[31:46] | I have done what I’ve done and I will live with it. | 我做了那些事而我会带着它活一辈子 |
[31:47] | But do not for a moment believe that that defines me. | 但我没有一刻认为这些事能定义我 |
[31:51] | I will not be that person. | 我不会成为那样的人 |
[32:37] | God rest his soul. | 愿他的灵魂安息 |
[32:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:49] | I thought you’d made it clear what I was to do. | 我以为你就是想让我那么做 |
[32:51] | How the fuck could you have thought that? | 你怎么能那样想 |
[32:54] | You said he could sink us. | 你自己说他会害了我们 |
[32:56] | Then you gave me a look. | 然后你给我使了个眼色 |
[33:00] | Let me see if I have this. | 你看我说得对不对 |
[33:02] | Flint gives an order, but to get you men to follow it, | 弗林特下了令 为了让你们听令 |
[33:05] | I need to come down here, put on a show, | 我还得到你们中间做场戏 |
[33:07] | and convince you it’s in your interests. | 好哄你们相信你们有利可图 |
[33:10] | But I give you a look | 但我只使了个眼色 |
[33:13] | and you’re willing to murder a man over it? | 你就愿意为此夺人性命 |
[33:15] | I listen to Flint because you tell me it’s in my interests. | 我听弗林特的就因为你说这是为我好 |
[33:19] | I listen to you because I know you give a shit about my interests | 我听你的 是因为知道你还在乎点我的利益 |
[33:23] | and I ain’t the only one thinks that way. | 不止我一人这么想 |
[34:00] | Nicholas Irving. | 尼古拉斯·欧文 |
[34:09] | From across an ocean, | 身在大洋彼岸 |
[34:10] | it is hard to know what the New World is. | 很难知晓新大陆的真实面目 |
[34:16] | All I knew were the stories I was told | 我所知晓的全部 只有 |
[34:20] | of monsters and valiant men sworn to slay them. | 那海上野兽和猎兽人厮杀的故事 |
[34:25] | But now that I’ve nearly traversed the ocean | 但如今我亲身漂洋过海 |
[34:28] | that separates New World from old, | 从旧大陆远赴新大陆 |
[34:31] | I fear that the stories I’ve heard | 我不禁担心我听闻的传说 |
[34:34] | may have clouded the truth more than clarified it. | 让真相愈加模糊失真 而非使之澄清 |
[34:39] | It would seem these monsters are men– | 看来这些野兽也是人 |
[34:43] | sons, brothers, | 为人子嗣 为人兄弟 |
[34:46] | fathers. | 为人尊父 |
[34:52] | And it would seem these men | 而且这些人 |
[34:54] | fear their own monsters– | 也惧怕心中兽性 |
[34:58] | an empire… | 惧怕帝国 |
[35:00] | a navy… | 惧怕海军 |
[35:03] | a king… | 惧怕国王 |
[35:06] | my father. | 惧怕我父亲 |
[35:14] | So much I’ve left behind me– | 我抛在身后不少往事 |
[35:17] | London, my youth, | 我在伦敦的童年 |
[35:20] | and comfortable stories. | 和那些温言软语的童话 |
[35:22] | So much lies ahead in Charles Town– | 但查尔斯敦我也将面对许多 |
[35:25] | a future and harder truths. | 我的未来 和更残酷的真实 |
[35:30] | I feel I must face it honestly, bravely. | 我必须诚实而勇敢地面对 |
[35:35] | I must face it as my father’s daughter, | 作为我父亲的女儿 我也应当如此 |
[35:39] | and I believe that in order to do that, | 而我相信 为了达成此愿 |
[35:43] | I have to tell these people that which I’ve kept from them. | 我必须告诉他们我有所保留的真相 |
[35:47] | I have to tell them what I know. | 我必须知无不言 |
[35:52] | I’ve told you my father is a reasonable man, | 我曾说过我父亲一贯明理 |
[35:56] | and that is true about most things. | 在大多数情况下他也确实如此 |
[36:00] | At one point, he was even reasonable | 甚至有段时间 他对镇压海盗的问题 |
[36:03] | about the issue of quelling piracy. | 也持十分温和的态度 |
[36:06] | Until I received a letter from him | 直到数年之前 |
[36:09] | years ago | 我收到他的一封信 |
[36:11] | in which he recounted to me the story of a ship… | 他给我讲了一个故事 有一艘船 |
[36:15] | headed for Charles Town | 本是前往查尔斯敦的 |
[36:18] | attacked by pirates. | 却被海盗劫掠了 |
[36:21] | The ship which was attacked was named the Maria Aleyne. | 那被劫的船名叫玛利亚·艾琳号 |
[36:30] | The ship was set upon by Captain Flint and his men. | 袭击者是弗林特船长和他的手下 |
[36:35] | And in the midst of the bloody assault, | 血腥搏杀之中 |
[36:38] | there was one particular victim, | 有那么一位受害者 |
[36:41] | a very important man | 身份贵重 |
[36:43] | traveling under an assumed name. | 化名登船 |
[36:47] | His name was Alfred Hamilton. | 他的名字是阿尔弗雷德·汉密尔顿 |
[36:55] | Given the lengths to which this man had gone to protect himself, | 鉴于此人使尽心机 布下种种措施自保 |
[37:00] | the fact that he fell under Captain Flint’s sword… | 却还是一朝死在弗林特船长刀下 |
[37:05] | suggested he’d been hunted, | 只能说明他被人着意追杀 |
[37:08] | pursued, and then executed in cold blood | 跟踪 并被冷血处死 |
[37:11] | and with great malice aforethought. | 全都是预先谋划好的 |
[37:20] | The motive unclear, | 动机虽不明朗 |
[37:22] | but the intent apparently dark and awful, | 但此等恶行只能说丧尽天良 |
[37:27] | monstrous. | 人性泯灭 |
[37:29] | He said the act was | 他说这等罪行 |
[37:30] | completely incompatible with civilized society. | 是文明世界断断不会容忍的 |
[37:33] | That he would dedicate his life to eradicating it. | 他将奉上毕生精力 誓要将之彻底消除 |
[37:38] | And that there would be law in the Americas… | 待到弗林特船长暴尸查尔斯敦街头 |
[37:43] | the day Captain Flint swung over Charles Town. | 美洲方才是法治之下的朗朗乾坤 |
[37:48] | I appreciate what you’ve done for me. | 我感谢两位苦心营救 |
[37:52] | I respect what you hope to accomplish, | 我亦敬重两位心中远志 |
[37:54] | so I ask you, | 因此我在此恳求两位 |
[37:56] | when you return me to Charles Town, | 待我回到查尔斯敦之时 |
[37:59] | turn around and sail away. | 调头 扬帆而去 |
[38:23] | Do you think those patrol ships have clearance to fire? | 那些巡逻舰有权开火吗 |
[38:26] | Not while we’re out of range of that fort. | 只要我们不在堡垒的范围内 |
[38:30] | As long as we don’t come any further, they know we’re no threat. | 只要我们保持距离 就不会被视为威胁 |
[38:36] | I don’t want to see a single one of our gun ports open. | 不要打开任何一个炮窗 |
[38:38] | I don’t want to see a single man | 站在甲板上的人 |
[38:39] | on deck with a weapon in his hand. | 手里不要拿任何武器 |
[38:42] | This only works if we can make it clear | 这事要想成 我们就得 |
[38:43] | that we have absolutely no intention of shooting at anyone today. | 明确摆出无意开火的姿态 |
[38:48] | What if they start shooting at us? | 如果他们先对我们射击呢 |
[38:50] | Duck. | 躲 |
[38:55] | Prepare to drop anchor! | 准备抛锚 |
[39:00] | I’ve made arrangements. | 我安排好了 |
[39:01] | You’ll be safe here until I return. | 我回来之前 你可以安全地待在这里 |
[39:03] | What are you talking about? I’m going with you. | 你在说什么 我要跟你一起去 |
[39:05] | You heard what she said. It’s too dangerous. | 你听到她说有多危险的 |
[39:06] | If I’m standing next to you, | 如果我站在你身边 |
[39:08] | he’s far more likely to see you as the man you were. | 他更有可能将你看作是从前的你 |
[39:10] | He’s more likely to see you as a woman | 他更加会把你当作 |
[39:12] | abetting a known pirate and hang you alongside me. | 教唆知名海盗的女人 把你和我一起吊死 |
[39:15] | I see no reason | 我认为 |
[39:15] | – for you to take that risk. – Of course there is reason. | -你不该冒这个险 -我就该 |
[39:16] | – None that I am willing to take. – It was my fault. | -我找不出冒这个险的理由 -这是我的错 |
[39:21] | I’m the one who learned | 是我发现 |
[39:22] | Alfred Hamilton was a passenger on that ship. | 阿尔弗雷德·汉密尔顿搭乘那艘船的 |
[39:25] | I knew the moment I told you what it would drive you to do. | 我一早便知把这件事告诉你会促使你做出什么 |
[39:28] | I knew the danger it would put you in, | 我知道会使你陷入怎样的险境 |
[39:30] | knew the horrors it would incite. | 知道会引发怎样的恶果 |
[39:32] | I told myself to remain silent and spare him, | 我告诉自己要保持沉默 让他 |
[39:35] | spare you those horrors, | 让你免于那些恶果的侵蚀 |
[39:39] | and yet I told you anyway. | 但我还是说出来了 |
[39:42] | If you’re going to face judgment behind those walls, | 如果你今天要走进那城堡面对审判 |
[39:45] | then so should I, | 那我也要去 |
[39:47] | for if anyone is responsible for what happened that day, | 如果有人要为那天所发生的事负责 |
[39:50] | it’s me. | 这个人就是我 |
[39:54] | Captain Vane! | 韦恩船长 |
[40:09] | Captain Vane! | 韦恩船长 |
[40:16] | Are you Captain Vane? | 你是韦恩船长吗 |
[40:19] | We received your letter and your demands. | 我们收到你的信函和要求了 |
[40:23] | We are prepared to pay the sum you requested | 我们准备支付你要求的数额 |
[40:25] | for Abigail Ashe. | 赎回阿比盖尔·艾什 |
[40:27] | I am not Charles Vane. | 我不是查尔斯·韦恩 |
[40:30] | I have no demands. | 我没有要求 |
[40:33] | But I do have a request. | 但我有个请求 |
[41:18] | Captain James Flint. | 詹姆斯·弗林特船长 |
[41:25] | You’re Captain Flint? | 你是弗林特船长吗 |
[41:29] | I am. | 我是 |
[41:30] | And you wish an audience with Lord Ashe? | 你想参见艾什勋爵吗 |
[41:34] | I do. | 是的 |
[41:40] | This was a different place before the governor arrived. | 在总督到来之前 这里的情况完全不一样 |
[41:42] | Raiders routinely hit our shipping. | 海上强盗经常抢我们的船货 |
[41:44] | All up and down the coast | 遍及整个海岸 |
[41:47] | as far north as Mt. Pleasant, | 北至欢喜山 |
[41:48] | as far south as the Cumberland Sound. | 南至坎伯兰湾 |
[41:51] | It took him a short while to learn how to deal with it. | 他花了点时间找出处理这种情况的方法 |
[41:53] | But once he committed to fighting the problem, things changed. | 当他决心要解决问题时 情况发生了变化 |
[41:57] | You see, he made these people unafraid. | 他使这些人变得不再可怕 |
[42:00] | Everyone realized, like just about anything else in this life… | 大家都意识到 就像生活里的其他事物 |
[42:04] | the moment you stop fearing it, | 只要你不再害怕它 |
[42:07] | it loses all its power. | 它就完全失去力量了 |
[42:12] | No! | 不 |
[42:13] | The governor is a friend! | 我们是总督的朋友 |
[42:14] | The governor gave very specific instructions. | 总督下达了明确指令 |
[42:16] | – No, don’t! – If we were able to get our hands on Captain Vane, | -别打了 -如果我们能拿下韦恩船长 |
[42:20] | he never leaves this place again. | 决不再让他离开这里 |
[42:22] | Stop. | 住手 |
[42:24] | I don’t see any reason | 我想这些指示 |
[42:25] | those instructions don’t apply to you, too. | 也完全适用在你身上 |
[42:27] | – If anything– – Stop! | -如果… -住手 |
[42:32] | They’re telling the truth. | 他们说的是实话 |
[42:34] | He’s an old friend of my father’s. | 他是我父亲的老友 |
[42:35] | I remember him. I know him. | 我记得他 我认识他 |
[42:39] | And if you strike him again, my father will know | 如果你们再动手 我就告诉父亲 |
[42:42] | you did so after I made this clear to you. | 你们是在我说明情况后动的手 |
[44:12] | Welcome to Charles Town. | 欢迎来到查尔斯顿 |
[44:21] | Charles Vane corralled 40 of the hardest men in the New World, | 查尔斯·韦恩在新世界聚集了40名顶尖好手 |
[44:25] | brought them in line, brought them across an ocean to this fort | 整训之后 带领他们穿过大洋来到这座堡垒 |
[44:29] | and conquered it | 不需要水上支援 |
[44:32] | with no support from the water, | 不需要围城技师 |
[44:34] | no siege engineering, just the will to take it, | 仅凭决心和意志 便能征服它 |
[44:36] | and throughout all that time, | 自始至终 |
[44:38] | through danger and peril and blood, | 虽然他历经艰难险阻 血雨腥风 |
[44:41] | the greatest threat he faced, | 曾经濒临绝境 |
[44:43] | the one enemy who may ultimately have been his undoing, | 但最终却可能败于一个对手 |
[44:46] | was, you know, someone I once heard him | 那个人我曾听他称之为 |
[44:49] | refer to as Lady Honeypot. | 甜心小姐 |
[44:53] | Beware the women, Mr. Featherstone. They bite. | 当心女人 费瑟斯通先生 她们会咬人 |
[44:57] | I’m in love with a good woman, sir. | 我所爱的是个好女人 先生 |
[44:59] | I’m not concerned. | 我不担心 |
[45:02] | Idelle? | 伊黛尔吗 |
[45:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:13] | It stands to reason that if those 40 men | 按理说 如果那40个人 |
[45:16] | were mean enough to take this fort under Vane’s leadership, | 能够在韦恩的带领下拿下这座堡垒 |
[45:20] | were they to ever turn on him, | 如果他们反叛 |
[45:22] | it would be an ugly sight. | 他的下场会很惨 |
[45:24] | May I suggest | 依我看 |
[45:25] | that whatever is going on in the bowels of this fort, | 不管堡垒里发生了什么 |
[45:29] | perhaps it’s best left alone for now. | 我们最好暂时别管 |
[45:31] | Perhaps. | 或许吧 |
[45:33] | What are you doing? | 你还要干什么 |
[45:34] | I’m wondering why it’s so quiet in there. | 我好奇里边为什么这么安静 |
[45:36] | Because they’re occupied plotting some sort of awfulness. | 因为他们正忙着密谋什么诡计 |
[45:39] | That is one possibility. | 有这种可能 |
[45:40] | The other is that they’re no longer in there. | 还可能里边已经没人了 |
[45:42] | What are you talking about? Their ship is still in the bay. | 你胡说什么呢 他们的船还在港湾 |
[45:44] | It is, but I’m less intrigued by what’s in the bay | 没错 但是我好奇的不是港湾里有什么 |
[45:47] | than what’s up there. | 而是那上面飞的什么 |
[47:43] | This was found pinned onto him. | 这是在他身上发现的 |
[47:52] | I was once a slave. | 我以前是个奴隶 |
[47:54] | I know too well the pain of the yoke on my shoulders | 肩膀上被束缚的疼痛如此清晰 |
[47:57] | and of the freedom of having cast it off. | 对卸下束缚 重获自由是如此渴望 |
[48:00] | So I’m resolved, I will be no slave again. | 所以我决定了 我不要再做奴隶 |
[48:05] | And as I am free, I hereby claim the same for Nassau. | 与我同样 我在此也宣布拿骚自由 |
[48:10] | She is free today, | 她今天自由了 |
[48:11] | and so long as I draw breath, she shall remain free. | 只要我还有一口气 她会一直自由下去 |
[48:17] | Richard Guthrie was engaged in an effort | 理查德·格斯里反其道而行 |
[48:19] | to see her return to the rule of a king, | 欲将拿骚归还国王统治 |
[48:21] | to see the yoke returned. | 使她重披枷锁 |
[48:23] | He betrayed Nassau, and thus, | 他背叛了拿骚 因此 |
[48:26] | as always, to traitors. | 这就是叛徒的下场 |
[48:29] | As far as you and I, I was warned about you, | 至于你和我 有人警告过我 |
[48:33] | warned you would betray me. | 警告你会背叛我 |
[48:35] | I’d hoped you and I shared a love | 当时我相信我们之间的爱情 |
[48:37] | to make such a thing unthinkable. | 认为这是无稽之谈 |
[48:39] | I’d hoped those warnings were wrong. | 我希望那些警告是错的 |
[48:42] | But I know you too well, | 但是我太了解你了 |
[48:44] | so I prepared in case they were right. | 所以我做了准备 以防万一 |
[48:52] | You removed the girl from my possession, | 你从我手里夺走了那个女孩 |
[48:54] | but in turn, the man-of-war moved on from the bay, | 但反过来 也使军舰离开了港湾 |
[48:59] | moved on from a position of heightened security. | 驶离了这个高度戒备的地方 |
[49:03] | Moved on to a place where its attention, | 来到了一个 包括弗林特船长在内 |
[49:06] | Captain Flint’s attention, | 所有人的注意力 |
[49:08] | will be so very occupied | 都紧紧地盯在 |
[49:10] | on the danger that is Charles Town | 来自查尔斯敦的威胁上 |
[49:13] | and in the state of apprehension | 而在这紧张气氛之下 |
[49:15] | in which the last thing any of them will be watching | 他们最最不会提防的 |
[49:20] | is the water. | 就是海面 |
[49:23] | I made clear the price for the girl. | 关于女孩的赎金 我说的很清楚 |
[49:26] | You should have known me well enough to know, | 你很了解我 应该知道 |
[49:29] | one way or another, I was going to claim it. | 无论如何 我都要拿到赎金 |
[49:33] | And once I do, I’ll be returning to Nassau | 事毕后 我会返回拿骚 |
[49:38] | to settle the rest of my accounts. | 清算余账 |