时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | I have committed men and resources | 我有忠诚的手下及资源能助你 |
[00:12] | to aid you in retrieving the Urca gold | 夺回厄卡号上的金币 |
[00:15] | in exchange for which you assured me | 但作为回报 你必须帮我 |
[00:17] | expelling Captain Vane from that fort. | 将韦恩船长赶出堡垒 |
[00:19] | Back from a lengthy journey, | 在海上漂这么久 |
[00:21] | and not one of them has felt the need to have a go. | 竟然没有一个人要解决生理需求 |
[00:23] | Maybe they was told to stay away from it. | 或许他们是奉命要离那里远点 |
[00:25] | To prevent them from divulging a secret. | 以防泄露秘密 |
[00:28] | Max’s share ain’t the only item the men took issue with. | 麦克斯那份钱不是船员们唯一有意见的 |
[00:31] | You chose her. | 你选了她 |
[00:32] | They gave me a choice, but it was no choice. | 他们虽然给了我选择 但我其实别无选择 |
[00:34] | Anne? Anne! | 安妮 安妮 |
[00:37] | Until I know what you’re going to say to the men, | 除非你说清楚你会怎么跟他们说 |
[00:39] | I can’t let you say anything to the men. | 不然我不能让你跟他们说话 |
[00:41] | The girl’s name is Abigail Ashe. | 这女孩叫阿比盖尔·艾什 |
[00:43] | You need to obtain her from Captain Vane. | 你得从韦恩船长手里把她救出来 |
[00:44] | And when you return her to her father, | 然后当你将她送回她父亲手上时 |
[00:46] | you’re going to explain | 记得跟他解释 |
[00:47] | what it is you’re trying to accomplish here– | 你想在这里完成什么伟业 |
[00:49] | a Nassau that can self-govern. | 拿骚自治 |
[00:51] | It’s too great of a force to defeat. | 他们人太多了 |
[00:53] | We attempt to fight the body of it. | 跟他们死磕绝不是办法 |
[00:55] | The only way to beat it is to cut off its head. | 要想获胜 只能干掉他们的头儿 |
[03:29] | Had I two rounds left, | 如果我还剩两发子弹 |
[03:30] | I would shoot both of you and be done with all of this. | 我会把你们俩都杀了 一了百了 |
[03:33] | Can’t avoid it any longer. It’s time you made a choice. | 你没法再逃避 是时候做出选择了 |
[03:35] | Enough. | 够了 |
[03:37] | You two will resolve this. | 你们两个把这事解决了 |
[03:38] | This isn’t going to end the way you want it to. | 这事不会照你期望的结局发展的 |
[03:40] | This ends in this room right now. | 你们现在就在这儿给我解决了 |
[03:43] | He can’t let it, and neither can I. | 他做不到 我也做不到 |
[03:49] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[03:51] | Why the fuck should I sit? | 我他妈的为什么要坐下 |
[03:55] | There is a girl in your possession. | 你手上有个女孩 |
[03:58] | Her name is Abigail. | 名字叫阿比盖尔 |
[04:01] | Give her to me and I will stand down my men. | 把她给我 我就让手下撤退 |
[04:03] | You can have the fort. | 堡垒还是你的 |
[04:09] | You’d give all this up for a little money? | 你愿意为了几个钱放弃这一切 |
[04:13] | She’s worth more to me than money. | 她对我来说远比赏金更值钱 |
[04:18] | She’s the future of this place. | 她是这里的未来 |
[04:26] | Send word for your father. | 叫你父亲来 |
[04:29] | He should hear this as well. | 他也应该听听这事 |
[04:53] | We’re through the Twin Pass | 我们已经穿过了双子峡 |
[04:54] | and well into the zone on schedule. | 应该能按计划到达目的地 |
[05:00] | – Captain? – Listen. | -船长 -你听 |
[05:04] | Do you hear it? | 听见了吗 |
[05:09] | No women. | 没有女人 |
[05:12] | Yes, well… | 好吧 |
[05:14] | in any event, according to the whore, | 不管怎样 据那个妓女所说 |
[05:16] | the True North should be here. | 真北号应该就在这附近 |
[05:18] | According to the whore, the ship is insured up, down, and sideways, | 而照她说的 整艘船从内到外都投了保 |
[05:22] | so they should surrender the moment they see the black, | 所以他们一看到黑旗应该就会立刻投降 |
[05:24] | netting the men a quick and painless score, | 大家不费吹灰之力就能有所收获 |
[05:27] | and you an auspicious debut. | 而你作为船长的首航也能出师大捷 |
[05:29] | Now it’s just a matter of whether or not | 现在要看的就是 |
[05:31] | the whore’s information proves accurate. | 这个妓女的信息准不准确了 |
[05:36] | And if there’s anything you need assistance with today, | 如果还有什么需要我帮忙的 |
[05:41] | please don’t hesitate to ask me. | 别客气 随时叫我 |
[05:43] | – Such as? – Well, I’ve heard things. | -比如说 -我听过不少传闻 |
[05:46] | Heard the role you played on the Ranger | 据说你在游侠号上扮演的 |
[05:48] | was almost entirely a political one. | 完全就是一个政治角色 |
[05:51] | Heard Captain Vane was the sailor among you. | 跟你比起来 韦恩船长简直就是个水手 |
[05:55] | It’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 没什么不好意思的 |
[05:57] | You certainly would not be the first man | 你绝不是头一个做上船长后 |
[05:59] | to learn how to captain a ship after being named captain of a ship. | 才开始学习掌船技巧的人 |
[06:02] | – I see. – Look, Jack. | -我明白了 -杰克 |
[06:06] | I vouched for you. | 我可是为你做了担保的 |
[06:09] | We are both invested in this… | 我们对于这次大胆尝试 |
[06:12] | experiment working out. | 都付出了许多 |
[06:16] | Sails! | 有船 |
[06:18] | Sails! | 有船 |
[06:20] | West, northwest! | 西西北方向 |
[06:22] | It’s the True North! | 是真北号 |
[06:25] | Right where she’s supposed to be. | 果然在这里 |
[06:27] | – All right, gents! Let’s go get her! – Come to starboard. | -好吧 各位 咱们上吧 -向右转舵 |
[06:30] | Make a heading west, nor-west to intercept her. | 朝西西北方向行驶 把她截住 |
[06:33] | Chop it off on the braces and strike the mainsail and foresail. | 解开操帆索 降下主帆和前帆 |
[06:41] | Today! | 快啊 |
[06:54] | Bit of a surprise to them, that one, wasn’t it? | 看来他们对你的命令有点惊讶 不是吗 |
[06:57] | Not to blame them, | 也不能怪他们 |
[06:59] | seeing as that you just opened a pursuit | 毕竟你刚下令面朝错误的方向 |
[07:01] | where speed will be of the essence | 扬帆起航展开追逐 |
[07:03] | by releasing the sails and steering us in the wrong direction. | 这时候速度就极其重要了 |
[07:09] | Though I suppose there’s a chance | 不过也有可能 |
[07:11] | you struck the sails to make us nimbler. | 你降下桅帆使船更为灵动 |
[07:14] | Tack hard to starboard to alter our angle of approach. | 拼命打到右满舵改变方向 |
[07:18] | Come up right behind her and steal her wind. | 在真北号身后突然出现 阻挡她的顺风势 |
[07:27] | Sails! | 有船 |
[07:29] | Heard you the first time! | 刚刚就听到了 |
[07:30] | Second set! | 另外一艘 |
[07:32] | West, south-west! | 西边 西南边 |
[07:37] | Two prizes. | 两艘战利船 |
[07:39] | Not likely. | 不像 |
[07:48] | It’s pursuing ours. | 是来追我们的 |
[07:51] | Another hunter. | 又一群海盗 |
[07:53] | We have competition it would seem. | 看起来要和他们比赛了 |
[08:22] | Fuck this. | 去他妈的 |
[08:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[08:27] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一小时后回来 |
[08:28] | Anyone asks, I’m taking a shit. | 要是有人问就说我去拉屎了 |
[08:29] | Who shits for an hour? | 谁会拉一个小时 |
[08:30] | I do. | 我啊 |
[08:32] | Captain says anyone walks away from this beach | 船长说大战之即 |
[08:34] | with this fight looming don’t need to ever come back. | 要是有人离开这个海滩就永远不用回来了 |
[08:37] | Shut the fuck up. | 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[08:38] | And what’s worse, you’re going to go | 更糟的是 你还要去 |
[08:39] | to the one place on the island he said we’re not allowed to go. | 岛上他唯一禁止我们去的地方 |
[08:42] | He said the whores there work too hard | 他说那里的妓女 |
[08:44] | taking secrets from men’s heads. | 为了套出秘密可是无所不用其极 |
[08:46] | Mate, I’m so close, I can smell her. | 我受不了了 都能闻到她的味了 |
[08:48] | So either I’m going up there and fucking Charlotte, | 要么让我去干夏洛特 |
[08:51] | or I’m fucking you down here | 要么就让我把你裤子扒了 |
[08:53] | imagining I’m fucking Charlotte up there. | 幻想着其实我是在干夏洛特 |
[08:57] | Tell her I said hello. | 帮我向她问好 |
[08:59] | Right. | 乖 |
[09:00] | Fuck. | 操 |
[09:02] | Men cannot be kept in this state. | 船员不能一直这样 |
[09:04] | Sooner or later, they must fight | 迟早他们要去战斗 |
[09:05] | or they must know there will be no fight. | 或者知道根本打不起来了 |
[09:08] | And now he’s nowhere to be found. | 现在又找不到他 |
[09:10] | Much can be said about Captain, | 外界关于船长褒贬不一 |
[09:12] | but shying away from a fight isn’t one of them. | 但永远没人说他会在战场上退缩 |
[09:14] | Whatever he’s doing up there in that tavern, | 不管他在酒馆里干什么 |
[09:17] | I’m certain it’s towards the end of prevailing in this fight. | 我相信都是为了赢得这场战争 |
[09:21] | At a certain point I’ll cease to care what his ends are | 等时候到了我就不会再关心他的死活 |
[09:23] | and lead these men up that hill myself. | 亲自带领那帮人上山 |
[09:29] | I don’t think that’s going to be an option anytime soon. | 我觉得这个方法暂时还不可行 |
[09:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:56] | It will likely start with three ships, | 估计会先派三艘船 |
[10:58] | maybe four. | 可能四艘 |
[11:01] | A tactical assault to retake the bay. | 为了夺回港湾所发动的战术攻击 |
[11:04] | Once England decides she wants this place back, | 一旦英格兰决定收回这里 |
[11:08] | the resources that she will commit towards that end | 为达目的所投放的物资 |
[11:12] | are inexhaustible. | 会源源不断 |
[11:14] | Sooner or later, we’ll be driven inland, | 我们迟早会被赶到内陆 |
[11:18] | forced to fight as rebels from the interior | 被迫像那些陆地上的叛党一样 |
[11:20] | hoping to inflict enough damage | 希望能对新政府 |
[11:23] | and expense to compel the new governor | 造成足够的损失和伤害 |
[11:26] | to negotiate with what’s left of us. | 让他们愿意与我们还活下来的人谈判 |
[11:29] | For years I prepared for that fight. | 我为这场战争准备了好几年 |
[11:33] | Now it would appear that there is another way, | 结果现在发现还有另一种方法 |
[11:36] | a way in which we can control our futures without that fight. | 一种能让我们无需战斗就能掌控未来的办法 |
[11:43] | And as fate would have it, | 正如命定一般 |
[11:45] | you are holding the key to make that possible. | 你掌握着实现这种可能的钥匙 |
[11:50] | The girl. | 那个女孩 |
[11:53] | Her father is a very powerful, very influential man. | 她父亲非常有权势和影响力 |
[11:57] | If I return her to him unharmed, | 如果将她毫发无损地还回去 |
[12:00] | I believe that I can win him as an ally, | 我相信可以让他成为我们的盟友 |
[12:03] | an advocate in London | 在伦敦为我们撑腰 |
[12:05] | to argue for a reconciliation with England | 与英格兰政府达成和解 |
[12:09] | where we keep our assets, maintain control, | 让我们保住财产和控制权 |
[12:14] | and name a governor of our own choosing. | 并可以自己选择总督 |
[12:16] | I believe that there is an opportunity at hand, | 我们现在也许有机会 |
[12:19] | an opportunity where we control our own futures. | 能掌控我们的未来 |
[12:26] | We just all need to agree to take it. | 只需要我们都同意这么做 |
[12:29] | Peter Ashe. | 彼得·艾什 |
[12:31] | Returning his daughter might gain his ear, | 把他女儿送回去也许能笼络他 |
[12:35] | but there is no man in the Americas | 但是美洲上下 |
[12:36] | with a more strident contempt for piracy than he. | 没人比他更鄙视海盗了 |
[12:40] | No amount of appreciation is going to make him forget that. | 就算他很感激 也不足以让他失却本性 |
[12:44] | A long time ago, he and I were friends. | 很久以前 我和他是朋友 |
[12:47] | Good friends. | 好朋友 |
[12:49] | We fought alongside each other towards this very end… | 我们为了这个目标并肩作战 |
[12:55] | a stable and prosperous Nassau. | 一个稳定繁荣的拿骚 |
[12:58] | We’re talking about a man | 你说的那个人 |
[13:00] | who took a struggling Carolina colony | 接手了步履维艰的卡罗来纳殖民地 |
[13:03] | and turned it into a commercial success. | 并成功将其变为商业繁荣之地 |
[13:05] | And from what I’m told by friends in London, | 据我伦敦那边的朋友所说 |
[13:09] | is unparalleled in his ability | 他的能力无人能及 |
[13:11] | to maneuver the avenues of power in Parliament. | 他能控制议会中的权力利益 |
[13:14] | If that man could be persuaded, as you say, | 如果真如你所说 能说服那个人 |
[13:18] | if that man chose to be our advocate, | 如果他选择支持我们 |
[13:22] | that would certainly argue well for our prospects. | 那一定对我们将来的发展大有好处 |
[13:24] | What I do get? | 我能得到什么 |
[13:28] | If this, if that. | 如果这个 如果那个 |
[13:30] | Yet it all relies on an asset you do not possess. | 可这一切都取决于一个你还未到手的人质 |
[13:33] | What do you get? You get what we all get– a future. | 你得到什么 我们得到的都一样 将来 |
[13:36] | Show it to me. | 给我看看 |
[13:37] | Hand me my future here in this room. | 此时此刻就把我的将来给我 |
[13:41] | What? It isn’t just your words, is it? | 怎么 不会只凭你一席话吧 |
[13:45] | The promise of a thing hard to define and impossible to deliver– | 许诺一个难以定义又无法给我的东西 |
[13:48] | that is what you’re suggesting I get | 你是说我会得到这个 |
[13:51] | in exchange for surrendering an asset worth what that girl is worth? | 然后交出一个价值难以估量的女孩吗 |
[13:54] | If you’re looking for something more immediate, | 如果你想要更直接的东西 |
[13:55] | then how about your own survival? | 那你的生死存亡如何 |
[13:58] | If we cannot agree to do this together, then I walk out of here | 如果大家谈崩了 那我这就出去 |
[14:01] | and I lead my men in cutting down what remains of yours. | 带领我的人收拾了你的残兵败将 |
[14:05] | This girl is so valuable to you, | 那姑娘对你如此重要 |
[14:07] | and you would risk her death just to punish me? | 你难道会拿她的生命冒险来惩罚我吗 |
[14:10] | You want her? You have two choices. | 你想要她 我给你两个选择 |
[14:12] | Try and take her and hope she survives the fight | 要么武力抢夺 祈祷她能活下来 |
[14:16] | or pay me what she’s worth. | 要么给我她价值等同的东西 |
[14:19] | And what exactly do you estimate that to be? | 你觉得与她价值等同的是什么 |
[14:23] | One Spanish man of war. | 一艘西班牙战舰 |
[14:28] | He can’t do that even if he wanted to. | 即便他想 也做不到啊 |
[14:31] | That ship belongs to his men. | 那艘船属于他的船员 |
[14:32] | Says the woman who managed to separate me from my last ship | 你可是仅凭几句尖刻的话 |
[14:35] | with just a few choice words. | 就让我失去了我最后一艘船 |
[14:38] | You want to see that girl alive, | 你要想看到那姑娘活着 |
[14:40] | I suggest you not try and stop me. | 我建议你不要妄图阻止我 |
[14:42] | Among the men she is surrounded by right now, | 现在她周围的人中 |
[14:45] | I am quite certainly the most reasonable one. | 我可是最讲理的那个 |
[14:50] | I believe my terms are clear. | 我的条件都说明白了 |
[14:55] | You know where to find me to deliver your response. | 你知道怎么找我 |
[15:12] | Stop. | 站住 |
[15:15] | You can’t walk away from this. | 你不能一走了之 |
[15:21] | Were it anyone else in the world, | 如果换做别人 |
[15:23] | you would see right through this. | 你肯定能看清一切 |
[15:26] | But that man starts talking and you’ll believe anything. | 但那个人一开口你就信他说的一切 |
[15:30] | You have a choice to make. | 你有选择的权利 |
[15:32] | It’s long past due. | 我已经等你很久了 |
[15:36] | Until then, there’s nothing for you and I to say. | 你不做出选择 我们之间就没什么好说的 |
[15:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:53] | Parsing leads from the girls. | 分析姑娘们给的信息啊 |
[15:56] | Why? Should I be doing something else? | 怎么 我该干点别的吗 |
[15:59] | You’re telling me you haven’t heard what happened? | 你是说你没听说发生了什么事吗 |
[16:03] | The crew of the Eagle was recruiting by the beach. | 雄鹰号的船员在岸边招募人手 |
[16:07] | Anne Bonny showed up looking to join. | 安妮·伯妮想要加入 |
[16:13] | Quartermaster tells her if Jack Rackham’s | 舵手跟她说如果杰克·拉克姆 |
[16:14] | got no appetite for her on his crew, | 都不要她 |
[16:16] | they for fucking certain don’t either. | 他们当然也不要 |
[16:21] | What did she do? | 她什么反应 |
[16:24] | She grabbed a marling spike and plunged it in his jaw. | 她拿起一个解索针捅到他下巴上了 |
[16:27] | Took out three teeth. | 弄掉了人家三颗牙 |
[16:29] | Which brings me to my original question. | 这就回到了我刚开始的问题 |
[16:32] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你到底在这里干什么 |
[16:34] | Why aren’t there men at your door? | 你门口怎么没派人守着 |
[16:36] | You are afraid she will come here and attempt to harm me. | 你担心她来伤害我 |
[16:40] | Everyone’s heard what happened. | 大家都听说了 |
[16:42] | Jack had a choice, pay you or keep her. | 杰克得从给你钱和留下她之间选择 |
[16:46] | He chose you. | 他选择了你 |
[16:48] | She’s gone fucking mad over it. | 她肯定气疯了 |
[16:50] | Idelle, how would you feel | 伊黛尔 要是一个你认为 |
[16:52] | if the one man you thought would never betray you did? | 绝对不会背叛你的人背叛了你 你会怎样 |
[16:56] | If he purchased for himself a future through that betrayal? | 如果他背叛你是为了自己的将来 |
[16:59] | If you were told by a world full of men | 如果这男权的世界告诉你 |
[17:02] | that that betrayal confirmed for them | 他的背叛让他们确信 |
[17:04] | that they were right to see you as a monster to be shunned? | 他们应该把你当做避之而不及的怪物呢 |
[17:09] | She’s not mad. | 她不是生气 |
[17:12] | She is adrift. | 而是茫然若失 |
[17:14] | Alone in the most terrifying way. | 只剩她一个人 她很害怕 |
[17:17] | What she will do next, I do not know. | 她下面要做什么 我不知道 |
[17:21] | But I refuse to proclaim myself | 但我不会表现得怕她 |
[17:23] | to be yet another one of her enemies | 从而把自己 |
[17:25] | by acting like I have something to fear from her. | 变成她的又一个敌人 |
[17:30] | If she returns, if the girls see her, | 如果她回来 姑娘们看到她了 |
[17:33] | tell them to allow her a wide berth and tell me at once. | 让她们放她进来 马上告诉我 |
[17:44] | Logan’s come up from the beach. | 洛根从海滩过来了 |
[17:50] | Mr. Rackham was right. | 拉克姆先生说得对 |
[17:51] | Flint forbade any of the Walrus men from coming here. | 弗林特禁止任何海象号的船员来这里 |
[17:56] | If the secret they are hiding is that important, | 如果他们隐藏的秘密如此重要 |
[17:58] | perhaps this is something we should let alone. | 或许我们不该插手 |
[18:01] | He has already brought you into his confidence. | 他已经信任你了 |
[18:04] | Just show him you are calm. | 别让他看出蹊跷 |
[18:07] | Let him talk and everything will be fine. | 让他说 一切都没事的 |
[18:29] | I assume you’re the one who fetched Eleanor? | 我猜埃莉诺是你叫来的 |
[18:37] | Why didn’t you just leave me there? | 你为什么不直接扔下我 |
[18:42] | I couldn’t. | 我做不到 |
[18:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:50] | What happens in London? | 伦敦发生了什么 |
[18:54] | Assume your appeal to Lord Ashe is persuasive. | 假设你能说动艾什勋爵 |
[18:59] | Assume you bring him here, | 假设你能请他过来 |
[19:01] | show him that everything necessary | 让他看到拿骚成为 |
[19:02] | to make Nassau a viable, permanent colony | 永久殖民地的一切条件 |
[19:06] | is already in place and functioning. | 都已具备并起效 |
[19:08] | Then he has to make the case to Parliament, yes? | 那他还是得向议会提案 对吗 |
[19:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:13] | But while he’s trying to persuade them | 但就在他游说议会 |
[19:15] | that there are reasonable men among the pirates of Nassau, | 说拿骚的海盗中也有理智之人 |
[19:19] | men ready to govern themselves responsibly and peacefully, | 他们已准备好负责和平地管理自己时 |
[19:23] | no one will be listening, | 也没人会相信 |
[19:25] | because in the next room | 因为另一边 |
[19:27] | the ambassador to the court of King Philip of Spain | 驻西班牙菲利普国王处的使臣 |
[19:30] | will be shaking his fists with rage, | 会愤怒地挥起拳头 |
[19:34] | screaming about how these same reasonable men | 说同样是这批理智之人 |
[19:37] | just stole five million Spanish dollars from the King’s treasury. | 偷走了西班牙五百万银币 |
[19:41] | He’ll be demanding Whitehall denounce the act | 他会要求白厅废除提案 |
[19:44] | or risk losing the hard-won peace between both nations. | 否则就是拿两国来之不易的和平铤而走险 |
[19:49] | If Lord Ashe is to have any prayer of succeeding | 如果艾什勋爵有一丝可能 |
[19:53] | in what you are asking of him, | 达成你的愿望 |
[19:56] | not only can you not retrieve the Urca gold, | 不仅你拿不到厄卡号的金子 |
[19:59] | no one else here can retrieve it either. | 剩下的其他人也拿不到 |
[20:02] | They saw it with their own eyes. | 他们亲眼看到了金币 |
[20:04] | In their minds, half of it is spent already. | 他们心里早就盘算好了怎么挥霍 |
[20:07] | To persuade them to let it go at this point is an impossibility. | 现在让他们放弃是不可能的 |
[20:12] | I don’t dispute that. | 没错 |
[20:14] | But I would argue it is also indisputable that these two plans, | 但我也觉得讨好艾什勋爵 |
[20:19] | courting Lord Ashe and retrieving the Urca gold, | 和找回金币这两件事 |
[20:22] | are working against each other. | 是不能同时进行的 |
[20:24] | Perhaps even mutually exclude each other. | 甚至是相互矛盾的 |
[20:27] | – I will make it work. – How could you possibly? | -我会有办法的 -什么办法 |
[20:30] | I don’t know… | 不知道 |
[20:33] | yet. | 会有的 |
[20:39] | He agreed. | 他同意了 |
[20:41] | He agreed? | 同意了吗 |
[20:42] | Abigail Ashe will be surrendered to you | 阿比盖尔·艾什会交给你 |
[20:44] | in exchange for which you will agree | 条件是你要同意 |
[20:45] | to make no further move against him or the fort. | 不会再对他或堡垒有所行动 |
[20:49] | He lives. | 留他一命 |
[20:51] | I’m sorry, but I’m having a difficult time | 抱歉 但我实在不敢相信 |
[20:53] | believing that he agreed. | 他会同意 |
[20:55] | He agreed, he didn’t agree. | 他同不同意 |
[20:56] | What difference does it make? | 有什么差别 |
[20:58] | I am guaranteeing that the exchange you offered will be honored. | 我会保证你提出的条件得以执行 |
[21:01] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[21:03] | You want me to go to my men and deny them a fight | 你想让我出尔反尔 阻止手下人 |
[21:07] | that I have led them to believe is critical | 去打那场我说攸关此地命运的战役 |
[21:09] | for the future of this place and do so based upon your word | 只因相信你的一面之词 |
[21:12] | that Charles Vane will compensate them for it? | 说查尔斯·韦恩会补偿他们吗 |
[21:16] | That is exactly what I’m asking you to do. | 没错 |
[21:20] | I’ll say it again. | 我再说一次 |
[21:22] | I am guaranteeing the terms of this deal. | 我会保证你们的条件 |
[21:26] | If you deliver on your promise, | 如果你履行承诺 |
[21:28] | if you prevent any further attack on the fort, | 不再继续攻打堡垒 |
[21:31] | I will bring the girl down from the hill and deliver her to you. | 我会把那姑娘带下山来交给你 |
[21:37] | Will you fulfill your end of this bargain? | 你同意这个协议吗 |
[21:42] | Yes or no? | 同不同意 |
[22:16] | – Do you recognize it? – No. | -你认识吗 -不认识 |
[22:19] | Not a Nassau crew. | 不是拿骚的人 |
[22:37] | Let’s get this underway, shall we? | 咱们开始吧 |
[22:43] | Captain Jack Rackham of the Colonial Dawn. | 我是殖民破晓号的杰克·拉克姆船长 |
[22:48] | Never heard of you. | 没听说过 |
[22:50] | Well, perhaps you should get out more. | 可能你该多出门转转 |
[23:04] | Good one. | 厉害 |
[23:07] | Captain Linus Harcourt of the Goliath. | 歌利亚号的莱纳斯·哈考特船长 |
[23:12] | Your ship is named after the | 你的船是以 |
[23:13] | greatest disappointment in the history of warfare? | 战争史上最令人惋惜的事迹而命名的吗 |
[23:17] | I like how it sounds. | 我就喜欢这么叫它 |
[23:21] | Pleasure to meet you. | 幸会 |
[23:26] | Have you ever done one of these before? | 你之前做过这种事吗 |
[23:28] | Split a baby? No. No, I haven’t. | 分赃吗 没 没干过 |
[23:32] | We’ve had a few. | 我们倒是熟门熟路了 |
[23:34] | One of three outcomes, in my experience. | 以我的经验来看 结果无非是三选一 |
[23:36] | One, crews fight it out. | 一种是船员开战决一雌雄 |
[23:39] | Seeing our obvious advantage in strength of numbers, | 鉴于我们明显在人数上占优势 |
[23:44] | you’re wise enough to forgo that option. | 聪明人都不会选这个 |
[23:47] | Two, captains fight it out. | 二是船长决斗定胜负 |
[23:51] | Don’t know about you, | 不知道你怎么想 |
[23:52] | but this doesn’t seem like a haul worth dying over to me. | 但我可不想为了这一网拼老命 |
[23:55] | Yeah, what’s three? | 同意 三是什么 |
[23:58] | Reasonable men agree. | 好汉不吃眼前亏 |
[24:04] | The first thing I remember | 我能记得的第一件事 |
[24:05] | is being in the hold of that ship, shackled. | 就是囚禁在一艘船上 戴着镣铐 |
[24:09] | Then, um, a man came in. | 然后 有个人进来了 |
[24:15] | The Scarborough’s captain. | 斯卡伯勒号的船长 |
[24:19] | And he just said one thing. | 他只说了一句 |
[24:20] | He said, | 他说 |
[24:23] | “Yesterday, you were a free man. | 在昨天你还是个自由人 |
[24:27] | Today you are a thief condemned to die.” | 今天你就是个被判死刑的窃贼 |
[24:32] | I saw a garrison on Harbour Island. | 我看见哈勃岛上有一队卫戍部队 |
[24:35] | 200 men. | 两百号人 |
[24:37] | I saw an armory, some barracks. | 还看到了一座军械库 一些兵营 |
[24:43] | They weren’t passing through. | 他们可不是路过而已 |
[24:46] | The navy is, this moment, | 这支海军 此时此刻 |
[24:49] | fully encamped 40 miles away from where you stand. | 就在离你们40英里的地方安营扎寨 |
[24:59] | Eventually, the man who guarded me got careless, | 终于 看守我的人粗心大意 |
[25:03] | let me get too close– | 让我过于靠近 |
[25:04] | Billy, we’re all relieved beyond words that you’re here, | 比利 你能回来我们心里的大石头可算落了地 |
[25:09] | but the question on all of our minds in this moment | 但此刻留在我们心里的问号是 |
[25:12] | is how did you end up in the water in the first place? | 你最初是怎么落水的 |
[25:18] | Mr. Gates assumed, I assumed, we all assumed, | 盖茨先生 我 我们都以为 |
[25:22] | the captain had a hand in your fall | 是船长干的 |
[25:24] | to silence your opposition to him. | 好排除异己 |
[25:28] | Do you remember what happened on the bow of the Walrus that night? | 你还记得那晚在海象号首舷上发生了什么吗 |
[25:41] | You ought to go. | 你该走了 |
[25:43] | It’ll take me a while to straighten things out down there, | 我还需要一阵子才能把这里的事情都办妥 |
[25:45] | but when I do, I’ll be home… | 但办妥后 我会回家的 |
[25:51] | if you’ll have me. | 如果你还让我回的话 |
[25:55] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿也不去 |
[25:58] | What? | 什么 |
[25:59] | Abigail doesn’t know you. | 阿比盖尔不认识你 |
[26:02] | She doesn’t know Miss Guthrie. | 她也不认识格斯里小姐 |
[26:05] | She did know me once. | 她倒是见过我一面 |
[26:07] | There’s a good chance she might even recognize me. | 她很有可能会认出我 |
[26:11] | I would assume your plan would work best | 我要确保你的计划进展顺利 |
[26:12] | if she were cooperative in it, if she felt safe. | 看她是否合作 是否感到安全 |
[26:16] | There’s no better way to ensure that | 除了让我参与其中之外 |
[26:17] | than having me be a part of it. | 没有更好的保全之策了 |
[26:19] | Part of it? For how long? | 参与其中 多久 |
[26:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:24] | Aren’t we all just figuring this out as we go? | 我们不都是在摸着石头过河吗 |
[26:30] | You and Peter weren’t the only ones | 不是只有你和彼得 |
[26:32] | committed to seeing Nassau set aright. | 致力于让拿骚匡乱反正 |
[26:35] | You weren’t the only one who paid a heavy toll towards that end. | 也不是只有你为了这个目的伤痕累累 |
[26:38] | I stood aside too long. | 我观战太久了 |
[26:43] | If you and I are to be partners… | 如果你我要做搭档 |
[26:48] | then we ought to be partners. | 就应该相互扶持 |
[26:52] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[26:55] | Captain. | 船长 |
[27:05] | There’s been a development. | 这里有进展了 |
[27:07] | I’m on my way down to the beach to inform the men. | 我正要去海滩上告知船员们 |
[27:10] | Before you do that, | 在此之前 |
[27:12] | there is something you need to know. | 有些事你要知道 |
[27:14] | There’s been a development down there, too. | 那里也有了进展 |
[27:57] | Where the fuck are you going? | 你他妈要去哪 |
[28:02] | You got Flint’s man up there, is what I hear. | 我听说你勾引了弗林特的人上楼 |
[28:06] | I’m looking for Max. | 我找麦克斯 |
[28:07] | – I’m really not supposed to– – Get him to talk? | -我并不是有意 -让他开口吗 |
[28:13] | Are you fucking serious? | 你丫还当真了 |
[28:15] | You going to play games with me? | 你想耍我吗 |
[28:17] | What did he say to you? | 他跟你说什么了 |
[28:19] | He said the gold is still out there. | 他说金子还在那里 |
[28:24] | He said that Flint still plans to go get it. | 他说弗林特仍打算去取金子 |
[28:27] | Out there? Where the fuck is it? | 去那儿吗 那儿是哪儿 |
[28:31] | He wouldn’t say. | 他不肯说 |
[28:33] | But he’s coming back later tonight. | 但他今晚晚些时候会来 |
[28:34] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[28:36] | They cut me loose. | 他们摆脱了我 |
[28:38] | But something this important needs doing, | 但还有重要的事要做 |
[28:40] | leave a fucking whore to do it. | 还让个妓女去做 |
[28:42] | I can go get it. I’m just being careful. | 我可以的 我会小心的 |
[28:45] | Wait! | 等等 |
[28:48] | Charlotte, I can’t find my belt anywhere. | 夏洛特 我找不到皮带了 |
[28:51] | You know who I am? | 知道我是谁吗 |
[28:53] | I sure as shit know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[28:55] | Fuck’s the gold? | 金子呢 |
[28:56] | Please don’t. | 别这样 |
[28:58] | God damn it, Charlotte. | 靠 夏洛特 |
[28:59] | Where the fuck is the gold? | 金子在哪 |
[29:00] | I’m getting Max. | 我去找麦克斯 |
[29:01] | Don’t move. I won’t say it again. | 别动 我不会再说第二遍 |
[29:05] | You want me to believe you won’t betray your men? | 你想让我相信你不会背叛你的人 |
[29:07] | Your friends? | 你的朋友吗 |
[29:09] | All men betray when it suits them. | 死到临头谁都会屈服的 |
[29:12] | And right now I’d say it’d fucking suit you. | 你现在就死到临头了 |
[29:14] | Fuck you. | 滚 |
[29:19] | You won’t fucking touch me. | 把你的脏手拿开 |
[29:22] | You know who my captain is? Who my brothers are? | 你知道我的船长是谁吗 我的兄弟们都是谁吗 |
[29:26] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈算哪根葱 |
[29:27] | Some skinny little cunt without a crew. | 只知道乱来的淫妇 |
[29:31] | Not a fucking soul– | 一点灵魂都… |
[29:38] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[29:40] | You fucking lunatic! | 你这个疯子 |
[29:41] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你脑子有病吗 |
[30:09] | First day as captain, is it? | 第一天当船长吧 |
[30:11] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[30:13] | Little things. | 一些细枝末节 |
[30:15] | A few looks from your men. | 你的人看你的眼神 |
[30:17] | They’re curious how you’ll handle this. | 他们很好奇 想看看你会怎么处理 |
[30:21] | Your banner. | 你的旗帜 |
[30:24] | – Something in the way your men reacted to– – The banner? | -还有你的人的反应… -旗帜 |
[30:26] | What’s the matter with the banner? | 旗帜有什么问题 |
[30:28] | Well, it’s new. Lightly traveled. | 很新 还没怎么航行吧 |
[30:39] | Why? What do you think is wrong with it? | 怎么 你觉得有什么问题吗 |
[30:44] | It’s fine. | 没什么 |
[30:48] | There. What do you think? | 给 你觉得如何 |
[31:09] | Is this supposed to be a joke? | 你这是开玩笑吗 |
[31:11] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[31:12] | This isn’t remotely an even split. | 这根本算不上分吧 |
[31:14] | You get almost half the total tonnage. | 你拿了差不多一半啊 |
[31:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:18] | The shit half. | 那他妈也算一半了 |
[31:20] | You get the tobacco and sugar and I get what? | 你拿了烟和糖 我呢 |
[31:24] | Blankets, pots and pans. | 毯子 锅碗瓢盆 |
[31:26] | Your half of the tonnage | 你拿的那一半 |
[31:28] | is worth nine-tenths the value. | 占了总价值的九成 |
[31:31] | It’s closer to four-fifths. | 五分之四左右吧 |
[31:34] | We agreed we would reach a reasonable settlement here. | 我们说好了会合理处理的 |
[31:38] | As in an equitable result. | 总得公平吧 |
[31:41] | As in a result based on reason. | 是要合理才对 |
[31:46] | Had we come to blows over this prize, | 我们要为这些战利品打一架吗 |
[31:48] | there’s no doubt my men would have won it whole. | 毫无疑问 我的人肯定会赢 |
[31:51] | I’m offering you a meaningful share | 你们是先来的 |
[31:54] | just for having got here first. | 所以我才给你这么多 |
[31:56] | It’s the most I can spare | 再多的话 |
[31:58] | without losing my men’s faith in me. | 我的人可不干啊 |
[32:03] | I know we have the advantage here. | 我知道我们有优势 |
[32:06] | I can see your numbers. I can see you. | 你的人不多 你也不怎么样 |
[32:13] | Did Billy say what happened? | 比利说了是怎么回事了吗 |
[32:15] | He was fished from the water by the Scarborough, | 他说他被斯卡伯勒号的人从海里捞了出来 |
[32:17] | tortured, escaped. | 被他们折磨 然后逃跑了 |
[32:19] | Did he say how he went into the water? | 他说了他是怎么掉水里了吗 |
[32:21] | Said he lost his footing. Said he fell. | 说他不小心失去平衡摔下去了 |
[32:24] | He said you tried to save him. | 他说你试图救他 |
[32:27] | And how did the crew react to hearing that? | 船员们听了什么反应 |
[32:29] | Stunned surprise, I would say. | 惊讶不已啊 |
[32:34] | Before the captain gets here, there are some things | 船长来之前 |
[32:36] | I would like to discuss in private. | 我们要私下谈一些事 |
[33:19] | It’s good to have you back again. | 你能回来真好 |
[33:25] | Captain! | 船长 |
[33:36] | 107 men have been standing on this beach awaiting your return, | 107个人在沙滩上等着你 |
[33:41] | waiting to complete the task to which we’ve all bound ourselves. | 等着完成我们被束缚的任务 |
[33:44] | Waiting. | 都等着 |
[33:45] | Perhaps now that you are here, | 现在你来了 |
[33:46] | we might at long last reclaim my fort. | 我们也许终于能夺回我的堡垒了 |
[33:55] | Farad, take this to Hassan. | 法拉德 把这个拿给哈桑 |
[34:34] | I should go get the doorman. | 我还是叫门卫来吧 |
[34:35] | No. Stay there until I come out. | 不行 外面待着 等我出去 |
[34:39] | You can’t be in there alone. | 你不能一个人留下 |
[35:08] | I think you know who that is. | 我觉得你知道那是谁 |
[35:13] | And who his friends are, who his captain is. | 知道他朋友是谁 船长又是谁 |
[35:20] | I think you know what this will provoke. | 我认为你知道这会激起多大风波 |
[35:23] | I think you know how dangerous | 我认为你知道此事后果 |
[35:24] | the consequences promise to be, | 注定有多危险 |
[35:26] | and I think you knew that before you took up the knife. | 我相信你拿出匕首之前就已经知道这些了 |
[35:30] | I think I know why you did it, | 我认为我知道你为何这样做 |
[35:32] | and I don’t think it had anything to do | 而且我不认为这原因 |
[35:34] | with him or with her or with gold. | 与他 或她 或金子有什么干系 |
[35:39] | I think it had to do with something entirely different… | 我认为你是因为完全不相干的其它事由 |
[35:44] | and I understand. | 我非常理解 |
[35:48] | So I will not let those consequences touch you. | 因此我不会让你因此受罚 |
[35:55] | I will stand in between you and them, | 我会挡在你和他们之间 |
[35:59] | and I will protect you. | 我会保护你 |
[36:05] | So Vane stays in the fort. | 那么韦恩留着城堡 |
[36:08] | A fort with no ability | 留给他的城堡全无威胁 |
[36:09] | to threaten the bay for weeks, if not months. | 可保港湾太平数周甚至数月 |
[36:12] | And therefore no ability | 因此他无力阻止 |
[36:13] | to stop us bringing back the Urca gold safely. | 我们安全取走厄卡号金币 |
[36:17] | As for Vane, I don’t like | 至于韦恩 我和诸位一样 |
[36:18] | leaving him up there any more than you do. | 不愿意就此放他一马 |
[36:20] | It’s an awful compromise to be sure, | 毋庸置疑这妥协极为糟心 |
[36:22] | but one well worth making given what is being offered in return | 但鉴于由此换得的回报和此地获得的前景 |
[36:26] | and what it promises for the future of this place. | 这样的条件还是值得的 |
[36:29] | How unsurprising that you cast aside our arrangement | 一旦交易合了你的心意 你便背信弃义于我 |
[36:32] | the first moment it suited your whim. | 实在是意料之中的事啊 |
[36:34] | My priority has always been and will always be | 我优先考虑的是 并且永远是 |
[36:37] | the welfare of my men. | 我船员的福利 |
[36:39] | And your good word being no priority at all it would seem. | 看来信守你自己亲口许诺也不在考虑范围内了 |
[36:43] | A hard choice, sir, | 做此决定并不容易 先生 |
[36:44] | but one that any responsible captain must make | 但稍有责任心的船长都会如此决断 |
[36:47] | given the changing circumstances. | 因势利导 |
[36:49] | I’m only sorry that you cannot see | 您放不下自尊和我一道 |
[36:51] | past your own pride to join me. | 我对此由衷遗憾 |
[36:52] | My pride? | 我的自尊 |
[36:54] | I’ve been a captain of men at sea going on three decades, | 我率领手下穿行海面三十余载 |
[36:57] | survived a war with Spain, | 挺过了一场与西班牙的大战 |
[36:59] | an insurrection against a queen, | 还有一场反对女王的叛乱 |
[37:01] | a decade as an outlaw in a place | 还在一个法外恶徒横行 |
[37:03] | where the weak and the dead are one and the same. | 弱者毫无生路的地方拼杀了十年 |
[37:05] | So the idea that you could choose to discard our arrangement, | 所以如果你以为你能轻易抛弃我们的协议 |
[37:08] | that I would demur in the face of your unassailable rhetoric, | 还能让我面对你完美说辞只能徒劳抗议的话 |
[37:12] | either you’ve overestimated yourself, sir, | 要么是你高估了你自己 先生 |
[37:14] | or you’ve underestimated me. | 要么是你低估了我 |
[37:16] | Mr. Dufresne, | 迪弗雷纳先生 |
[37:18] | as quartermaster of the surviving Walrus crew, | 作为海象号幸存船员的舵手 |
[37:20] | consider this notice and relay to whom you must. | 请考虑我下面的声明 并广而告之 |
[37:23] | Tonight I will call counsel | 今晚我将召集全员大会 |
[37:25] | and submit myself as captain of this combined crew. | 并自荐担任这一联合船员队伍的船长 |
[37:28] | My argument will be plain. | 而我的论点将直截明了 |
[37:30] | I intend to lead the men in retaking the fort as promised. | 我打算带领众人如约夺回城堡 |
[37:33] | I intend to hold Charles Vane to account as promised. | 我打算让查尔斯·韦恩如约偿罪 |
[37:36] | And then I intend to sail for the Urca gold | 然后我打算出海去取厄卡号金币 |
[37:40] | having ended your tyranny over this place for good. | 彻底终结你对此地的暴政 |
[38:01] | Don’t say a fucking word. Just sit there and listen. | 一句话都别说 给我坐着听好了 |
[38:08] | You’re right about me, | 你对我的看法 |
[38:10] | about what I am. | 是对的 |
[38:12] | I am like you, | 我确实和你一样 |
[38:15] | so I know what you’re feeling right now, | 所以我知道你现在是什么感受 |
[38:19] | that I’m asking you to weaken yourself for someone else, | 知道我是在请求你为了他人自损实力 |
[38:23] | for the island’s sake, for my sake. | 也是为了这座岛 为了我 |
[38:26] | But you’re wrong. | 但你想错了 |
[38:28] | We control something so valuable, | 我们手里握着东西如此金贵 |
[38:32] | the whole of England wants it. | 以至于整个英格兰都汲汲求之 |
[38:35] | We control Nassau, | 我们接管拿骚 |
[38:38] | and the ransom we are going to demand for her | 而我们提出交出她的赎金 |
[38:40] | is going to be fucking enormous. | 将极为丰厚 |
[38:44] | More than money. More than land. | 远不止金钱和土地 |
[38:52] | Legitimacy. | 合法地位 |
[38:57] | Legitimacy? | 合法地位 |
[39:01] | England is going to give that to you? | 英格兰会给你吗 |
[39:05] | When they realize it is the only outcome that makes any sense, | 当他们意识到这是唯一可行的办法时 |
[39:08] | they’ll have to. | 他们会照做的 |
[39:10] | And the moment they ratify our control over this place, | 等到他们批准我们控制此地 |
[39:14] | no more fighting, no more leads, | 就无需战斗 无需线索 |
[39:17] | no more chasing our fucking meals. | 也无需再为生活苦苦经营了 |
[39:19] | I’m talking about making money the way London makes money– | 我说的是像伦敦那样获得财富 |
[39:23] | collecting it, not hunting it, | 挣来 而不是抢来 |
[39:26] | and in amounts that mean something. | 总之 这是很重要的 |
[39:35] | Give up the girl. | 放弃那个女孩 |
[39:37] | Make this deal. | 促成这笔交易 |
[39:40] | Do this with me and we can have a future here together. | 支持我 让我们在这里能有共同的将来 |
[39:43] | Eleanor, when I take something from a man, | 埃莉诺 我从一个人身上抢走东西 |
[39:47] | his ship, his money, his life, | 他的船 他的钱 他的命 |
[39:51] | I don’t hide behind a clerk. | 我不会躲在法庭书记员后面 |
[39:53] | I don’t hide behind the law. | 我不会躲在法律后面 |
[39:55] | I don’t hide behind anything. | 我不会躲在任何事物后面 |
[39:58] | I look him in his eye | 我会直视他的眼睛 |
[40:00] | and I give him every chance to deny me. | 给足他机会反抗我 |
[40:03] | That is legitimate. | 这才叫正当 |
[40:06] | I know what he wants you to believe, but he’s wrong. | 我知道他要你相信什么 但他错了 |
[40:09] | England’s return isn’t inevitable. | 英格兰不一定会回报我们 |
[40:11] | England has no more appetite | 英格兰今天也没比昨天 |
[40:12] | for taking this place back today than it did yesterday, | 或是上个月 或是去年 |
[40:14] | or last month, or last year, | 更想收回这个地方 |
[40:16] | because they know it is inhabited by too many men like me, | 因为他们清楚这里住着太多像我这样的人 |
[40:21] | men who would die before being another man’s slave again. | 我们宁死也不想再做别人的奴隶 |
[40:27] | Side with Flint, | 支持弗林特 |
[40:29] | beg them to let you keep what is already yours, | 乞求他们让你保留本就属于你的东西 |
[40:32] | show them that weakness, | 让他们看到你的弱点 |
[40:34] | and you’ll invite the very outcome you wish to avoid. | 最终只会是引狼入室 |
[40:37] | Side with me and we will show England | 支持我 我们将让英格兰看到 |
[40:40] | that this place has never been stronger, | 这地方前所未有的强大 |
[40:42] | and we’ll keep our freedom for another day, | 我们将再自由一天 |
[40:45] | another month, another year, a lifetime. | 一个月 一年 甚至一辈子 |
[40:54] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[41:21] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[41:23] | It’s nowhere near an even split. | 这根本不是均分 |
[41:27] | My God, this is… | 天哪 这也… |
[41:30] | really quite disappointing. | 太让人失望了 |
[41:36] | I say we take it. | 我们接受吧 |
[41:38] | What? | 什么 |
[41:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:42] | You’re not concerned how the men will receive this? | 你不担心船员们的反应吗 |
[41:46] | What other choice do we have? | 我们还有什么选择 |
[41:48] | Start a fight that gets our whole crew slaughtered? | 跟他们开干 然后全员被屠杀吗 |
[41:52] | I suppose you could challenge him to fight you man to man, | 也许你可以跟他单挑 |
[41:55] | but I think we can both agree | 但咱俩应该都同意 |
[41:57] | that’s not going to end well for anyone. | 这对谁都没好处吧 |
[42:01] | At the end of the day, our men can count. | 我们的船员还是会算数的 |
[42:05] | Most of them can count. | 大部分会 |
[42:07] | They can all see that we’re simply outmatched here. | 他们都能看出我们弱不胜强 |
[42:10] | And they know that– well, you know… | 他们也知道 你懂的… |
[42:15] | They know what? | 他们知道什么 |
[42:17] | That they chose you as a captain | 他们选你做船长 |
[42:18] | to get access to the whore’s leads. | 是为了拿到那个妓女的情报 |
[42:21] | If they’re honest with themselves, | 扪心自问 |
[42:22] | they can’t really expect | 他们也不会真指望你 |
[42:23] | you to be able to do anything about this. | 能做些什么吧 |
[42:26] | Leads or no, if I accept these terms, | 不管是不是为了情报 如果我接受这些条件 |
[42:28] | they’ll vote me off before we return to Nassau. | 我们回到拿骚之前 他们就会投票罢免我 |
[42:39] | You cannot imagine what I’ve sacrificed to gain this captaincy. | 你无法想象我为了做这个船长牺牲了些什么 |
[42:41] | I may have lost the only person | 我也许失去了 |
[42:42] | in the world I cared for to gain this captaincy. | 我在这世上唯一在意的人 |
[42:48] | I cannot lose it. | 我不能失去船长之位 |
[42:52] | Not so soon. Not like this. | 不能这么快 不能在这种情况下 |
[43:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[43:45] | This is likely the most reasonable distribution | 鉴于我们的相对实力 这也许是 |
[43:49] | given our relative strengths. | 最合理的分配了 |
[43:52] | Then can we consider ourselves in agreement about our terms? | 那你这是同意这些条件了吗 |
[43:57] | With one or two small adjustments, | 就一两个小调整 |
[44:00] | if you wouldn’t mind hearing me out. | 你不介意听我说说的话 |
[44:01] | Of course. | 你说 |
[44:03] | For what little comfort it may provide right now, | 也许这么说你能稍感安慰 |
[44:06] | I believe you’ve made the right decision. | 我认为你做出了正确的决定 |
[44:09] | Your men will see the wisdom– | 你的船员会明白你的智慧… |
[44:33] | Thank you for offering us a way forward. | 谢谢你让谈判有了突破 |
[45:26] | Wait! | 等等 |
[45:28] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[45:30] | Wait! | 等等 |
[45:34] | Wait! | 等等 |
[45:36] | I’m sorry, friends. | 很抱歉 朋友们 |
[45:39] | I had hoped to find an outcome amenable to both crews. | 我希望能达成让双方船员都满意的结果 |
[45:45] | But it seems that this man | 但看来这个人 |
[45:49] | was unable to see any outcome | 就是不答应 |
[45:53] | that saw a single member of this prize crew to survive. | 让战利品船上的人活下来 |
[46:00] | And that was an outcome that I could simply not abide. | 而我没法忍受这一结果 |
[46:05] | I can only hope our new brothers will join us | 我只希望这些新来的兄弟能加入我们 |
[46:09] | in the fight for their own survival. | 为自己的存亡而战 |
[46:10] | Mr. Haines, remove their restraints, please. | 海恩斯先生 请解开他们的绳子 |
[46:13] | Remove their restraints now! | 现在就解开 |
[46:16] | Every man from that prize crew. | 释放战利船上的所有人 |
[46:23] | Unless there is a man amongst this crew | 除非这个船队里有人 |
[46:28] | who can sit down with me at this table | 能和我坐下来 |
[46:30] | and speak reasonably, honorably, | 合理体面地商谈 |
[46:34] | to reach a resolution more favorable– | 得出一个更好的解决办法 |
[46:36] | in light, of course, | 考虑到现在 |
[46:38] | of the overwhelming odds now in our favor… | 我们这边的胜算比较大 |
[46:48] | Anybody? | 有谁能出来吗 |
[46:50] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[46:56] | Anyone? | 有人吗 |
[47:33] | You have heard I’m supporting Captain Flint | 你已经听说了 我今晚支持弗林特船长 |
[47:37] | against Captain Hornigold tonight, yeah? | 而不是霍尼戈德船长 是吧 |
[47:40] | I’ve heard. | 我听说了 |
[47:42] | I’m not sure I understand after everything that’s transpired, | 虽然发生这些事之后我不能理解 |
[47:46] | but I’ve heard. | 但我听说了 |
[47:52] | Flint was right. | 弗林特是对的 |
[47:56] | England is coming. | 英国人要来了 |
[47:59] | I’ve seen them. | 我见过他们 |
[48:01] | I’ve seen how they see us. | 我知道他们是如何看待我们的 |
[48:03] | We aren’t criminals to them. | 对他们来说 你我不是罪犯 |
[48:05] | We aren’t even men. | 我们甚至不是人 |
[48:08] | We’re animals. | 我们只是牲畜 |
[48:10] | If Flint can do as he’s promised, | 如果弗林特能兑现他的承诺 |
[48:13] | protect this place, | 保护这个地方 |
[48:15] | protect us from ever having to face that day, | 让我们不用面对那一天 |
[48:19] | how can we do anything but support him? | 我们怎么能不支持他呢 |
[48:22] | And if he cannot? | 如果他做不到呢 |
[48:25] | Are you suggesting there’s an alternative? | 你是说还有别的选择吗 |
[48:40] | I didn’t escape. | 我不是逃跑的 |
[48:45] | From the navy. | 从海军那里 |
[48:47] | I didn’t escape. | 不是逃跑的 |
[48:54] | The captain of the Scarborough | 斯卡伯勒号的船长 |
[48:57] | made me an offer. | 向我提议 |
[48:59] | He offered me and nine men | 他提出完全赦免 |
[49:02] | of my choosing full pardons. | 我和我选择的另外九个人 |
[49:05] | He placed them on the table right in front of my eyes. | 他把赦免文书放在我面前 |
[49:08] | Said I could have them if, in exchange, | 他说我能拿着文书 作为交换 |
[49:12] | I would aid him | 我要帮他 |
[49:14] | in the capture of a fugitive from justice. | 抓住一个逃脱制裁的逃犯 |
[49:18] | One particular fugitive. | 就那一个逃犯 |
[49:28] | If we doubt | 如果我们怀疑 |
[49:31] | Flint’s ability to do as he’s promised, | 弗林特兑现承诺的能力 |
[49:33] | if we doubt he’s the man to save us, | 如果我们觉得他救不了我们 |
[49:37] | then you and I and eight other men | 那你和我 还有其他八个人 |
[49:42] | have another option. | 还有其它选择 |
[49:44] | We subdue Flint | 我们制服弗林特 |
[49:46] | and we deliver him to Harbour Island. | 把他送到哈伯岛 |
[49:51] | And then… | 然后… |
[49:54] | we put this whole fucking mess behind us. | 离开这个鬼地方 |
[50:13] | You seem unconcerned. | 你看上去一点都不担心 |
[50:17] | If I understand correctly, | 如果我理解正确的话 |
[50:18] | the stakes of the upcoming vote are significant. | 接下来这场投票意义重大啊 |
[50:21] | What exactly are you doing? | 你到底在做什么 |
[50:22] | I’m seeming unconcerned. | 我在毫不担心啊 |
[50:26] | I cannot think of a better way to aid Captain Hornigold’s cause | 帮助霍尼戈德船长最好的办法 |
[50:29] | than to appear panicked about it. | 就是我惊慌失措 |
[50:31] | No, that would be my job, I suppose. | 不 那是我该做的 |
[50:37] | What were the numbers of the last count? | 最后一次统计的票数是多少 |
[50:40] | I’d say you have at least a half dozen votes | 目前为止 你至少比霍尼戈德船长 |
[50:41] | over Captain Hornigold at the moment. | 多了六张选票 |
[50:44] | That isn’t nearly enough. | 那还远远不够 |
[50:46] | He’s a desperate man. Even with a minority faction, | 他已经走投无路了 就算是投票输了 |
[50:49] | he might still move on Vane, in which case the girl dies. | 他都会去找韦恩 那个女孩就会死 |
[50:54] | I need him to lose so convincingly | 我要他输得令人心服口服 |
[50:56] | that no sane man would follow him two yards up that beach. | 以至于正常人都不会跟他去攻打堡垒 |
[51:00] | A margin of 20 would help matters. | 二十张选票会大有帮助的 |
[51:05] | Don’t stop moving until you have it. | 在你拿下这些选票之前不要放弃游说 |
[51:15] | There is one particular vote | 有一个人的票 |
[51:18] | I’m having some trouble with. | 我很难争取到 |
[51:20] | Perhaps you could help me with it. | 也许你能帮帮我 |
[51:24] | Whose vote is that? | 谁的选票 |
[51:26] | Mine. | 我的 |
[51:28] | When we returned here, you said it would be a week, | 我们回来时 你说还有一到两周 |
[51:30] | maybe two, before Spanish reinforcements arrived | 西班牙的增援部队才会到达 |
[51:33] | and that gold was as good as gone. | 把黄金运走 |
[51:34] | Yes. | 没错 |
[51:36] | So what happens if we win the vote | 如果我们赢了投票 |
[51:37] | and the gold isn’t delivered in a timely fashion? | 黄金没有及时送到呢 |
[51:40] | Vane reneges. | 韦恩会食言 |
[51:42] | Delays to achieve better terms. | 拖延时间 获取更好的条件 |
[51:43] | Certainly these are plausible outcomes. | 这是很可能出现的结果 |
[51:45] | How long do we wait for the situation to resolve itself? | 你打算什么都不干这样等多久 |
[51:47] | The gold is still a priority. | 夺取金子仍是第一要务 |
[51:50] | There’s been no change in that. | 这一点没有改变 |
[51:54] | You have my word. | 我说话算话 |
[52:06] | That’s all I needed to hear. | 你这么说我就放心了 |
[52:09] | I should get to work. | 我该去干活了 |
[52:11] | I’ll keep you apprised of the numbers. | 我会及时给你报告票数的 |
[52:13] | You do that. | 好的 |
[52:25] | Mr. Silver, a moment. | 西尔弗先生 稍等 |
[52:28] | How can I help? | 怎么了 |
[52:29] | You’re doing a nose count for the captain, yes? | 你正在给船长统计票数 是吗 |
[52:32] | I am. | 是的 |
[52:34] | You’re gonna find your tally a man short. | 你会发现少一个人 |
[52:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[52:39] | Who isn’t here? | 谁不在 |
[52:49] | Where’s the madam? | 鸨母在哪 |
[52:54] | Excuse me, but I’m going to need your help. | 打扰一下 帮我个忙 |
[52:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[52:59] | Sorry, I was looking for the madam. | 不好意思 我在找鸨母 |
[53:01] | You found her. | 我就是 |
[53:04] | Somehow, I’m not surprised. | 不知为何 我并不惊讶 |
[53:07] | Seems quite a bit has transpired | 看来自从我们上次合作后 |
[53:09] | since last we were in business together. | 发生了不少事 |
[53:11] | And I would love to hear all about it, | 我很想听你说说 |
[53:12] | but at the moment I’m a bit pressed for time. | 但是我现在有点赶时间 |
[53:14] | So if you could do me a favor and send Mr. Logan back to camp, | 如果能帮我个忙 让洛根先生回营地 |
[53:16] | that would be a huge help. | 我会感激不尽 |
[53:20] | Mr. Logan? I don’t believe he’s here. | 洛根先生 他不在这里 |
[53:23] | Oh, he’s here. And he’s not in trouble. | 他在这里 现在出现还不晚 |
[53:26] | But that could change quickly if certain people | 但是如果让某些人知道他在这里的话 |
[53:28] | were to learn he’s here. | 那他就大事不妙了 |
[53:31] | So please, send him down. | 所以 请让他下来吧 |
[53:43] | What the fuck happened here? | 这他妈是怎么回事 |
[53:45] | Does it matter? | 怎么回事重要吗 |
[53:47] | A man dies under this roof, it is my responsibility | 一个人在我这死了 不管什么情况 |
[53:49] | whatever the circumstances. | 都是我的责任 |
[53:51] | You’ve lost a valued crew member | 你们损失了一名重要的船员 |
[53:52] | and restitution will be made; I will see to it. | 我会做出赔偿 我保证 |
[53:55] | My crewmates were expressly forbidden from entering this place. | 船长明确禁止我们来这里 |
[53:58] | I imagine you noticed. | 这个你应该知道 |
[53:59] | And I imagine you can guess | 你也应该能猜到 |
[54:01] | it’s because there’s information those men are privy to | 这是因为船员们知道某些事 |
[54:03] | that we’d just as soon not have plied out of them by your girls. | 而不愿意被你的姑娘套出来 |
[54:06] | Now my armorer is dead on your floor | 现在我的军械士死在这里 |
[54:08] | and I’m forced to wonder if those two things aren’t related. | 我不得不去想这两件事是否有关 |
[54:11] | How exactly did you plan on covering this up? | 你到底准备如何遮掩此事 |
[54:13] | I told you, I have every intention of seeing this made right. | 我说了 我会积极做出补偿 |
[54:16] | Time is not our friend here. | 我们时间不多 |
[54:17] | Please, something resembling the truth. | 随便编个故事吧 |
[54:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[54:23] | Something about them falling in love, | 就说他俩坠入爱河 |
[54:25] | running away together. | 携手私奔 |
[54:26] | That’s as far as I had got. | 我只想到了这个 |
[54:32] | He went to Providence. | 他去了普罗维登斯岛 |
[54:34] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[54:37] | Logan was among a number of men who deserted this morning. | 今早洛根和一群消极应战的人在一起 |
[54:40] | Unwilling to risk dying in a bloody fight to retake the fort, | 他不愿意在夺回堡垒的血战中送命 |
[54:43] | he and his love fled together. | 于是和他的爱人远走高飞了 |
[54:45] | I heard he has a brother in Providence. | 我听说他在普罗维登斯岛有个兄弟 |
[54:46] | Not surprised that’s where he went. Are you following? | 所以他去了那里也不出奇 听懂了吗 |
[54:48] | – Yes. – Good. | -懂了 -很好 |
[54:54] | Clean this up. | 收拾一下 |
[54:55] | If anyone asks if I saw this up here, I don’t intend to lie. | 如果有人问起我是否看到 我不打算说谎 |
[54:59] | Why would you do that? Help me? | 你为什么要帮我 |
[55:04] | The last thing I need right now is Flint in the middle of this. | 我现在最不希望的就是弗林特卷入这种事中 |
[55:07] | If he or any of the men in his crew were to learn about it, | 如果他或者他的任何一名船员知道这件事 |
[55:10] | my life would get significantly more complicated. | 我手头上的麻烦可就大了 |
[55:13] | Any of the men? | 任何一名船员 |
[55:15] | Aren’t you one of the men on his crew? | 你难道不是他的船员吗 |
[55:20] | Clean this up, please. | 收拾一下吧 |
[56:24] | Abigail. | 阿比盖尔 |
[56:27] | My name is Eleanor. | 我叫埃莉诺 |
[56:30] | You are no longer a hostage. | 你不再是人质了 |
[56:35] | I’m gonna get you out of here. | 我会救你出去 |