时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | There is no life here. There is no joy here. | 这里没有生活 没有快乐 |
[00:13] | – There’s no love here. – What are you talking about?! | -这里没有爱 -你在说什么啊 |
[00:16] | What do you think I’m out there fighting for | 如果不是为了在这里拥有那一切 |
[00:17] | if not to make all those things possible here? | 那我在外面奋斗是为了什么 |
[00:20] | The fort controls the bay, I control the fort. | 堡垒控制着海湾 而我控制着堡垒 |
[00:23] | So I will be your partner. | 所以我要做你的合伙人 |
[00:27] | I’m afraid I’m simply enjoying myself way | 我觉得我自己 |
[00:29] | too much to consider leaving this place. | 很喜欢待在这里 |
[00:32] | I know his crew hold an asset from their last prize | 我知道他的船员持有上次战利品的财宝 |
[00:34] | that they deem of great value. | 而且他们认定能值大价钱 |
[00:35] | – What asset? – I don’t know. | -什么财宝 -我不知道 |
[00:37] | We’ll procure a ship, we’ll recruit men | 先搞到一艘船 然后招募船员 |
[00:39] | and we’ll create from nothing a new crew. | 我们将创造出一支崭新的船队 |
[00:42] | You asked for better captains… | 你们想要更称职的船长… |
[00:44] | I give you Captain Jack Rackham. | 非我杰克·拉克姆莫属 |
[00:46] | In less than two days, I intend to be a captain again. | 在两天之内 我准备重新做回船长 |
[00:49] | Fire! | 开炮 |
[00:51] | You orchestrated it all. The deaths, the destruction. | 一切都是你的精心策划 死亡 毁灭 |
[00:55] | Is it possible a man could do such a thing? | 居然有人做得出这种事 |
[02:34] | Herein lies the problem we face | 要想确保拿骚还有未来 |
[02:36] | if we are to secure Nassau’s future. | 这就是我们要面对的问题 |
[02:39] | It is a problem that has festered for more than a generation. | 这问题已经困扰了不止一代人 |
[02:44] | And it’s a problem most insidious. | 所带来的危害也影响深远 |
[02:49] | Illiteracy? | 你是说不识字吗 |
[02:51] | Her husband. | 她丈夫 |
[02:52] | Governor Robert Thompson, | 罗伯特·汤普森总督 |
[02:54] | the one accepting bribes from pirate captains | 一边欣然接受那些海盗头子 |
[02:56] | as fast as they can pay them | 双手奉上的贿赂 |
[02:58] | in exchange for catering to their every need. | 从而对那些海盗言听计从 |
[03:01] | Meanwhile, he’s sending word | 一边却又将消息 |
[03:02] | back to his pamphleteer friends in London | 传回他伦敦的宣传朋友那 |
[03:04] | about the scourge of the pirate menace, | 说这里海盗横行肆虐 |
[03:07] | which garners him sympathy and support, | 让他赢得了无数同情与支持 |
[03:09] | which solidifies his position, | 更加巩固了他的地位 |
[03:10] | and which only fuels the underlying problem. | 到头来只让这个问题愈发严重 |
[03:12] | That’s true, but I don’t see how we can do anything about it. | 是这么说 但我们也无能为力 |
[03:15] | We can’t get an honest man appointed governor in the Bahamas? | 我们就不能让一名品行端正的人做巴哈马总督吗 |
[03:18] | We can get him appointed. | 让他当选没问题 |
[03:19] | The problem seems to be keeping him honest thereafter. | 问题是如何能让他一直公正下去 |
[03:21] | Well, what stands in the way of it? | 那你觉得问题出在哪里 |
[03:23] | Well, the Atlantic Ocean. | 因为大西洋 |
[03:25] | Put a man on an island, | 你派一个人去岛上 |
[03:26] | give him power over other men, | 并给他统治岛上其他人的权力 |
[03:28] | and it won’t be long before he realizes | 用不了多久 他就会发现 |
[03:29] | that the limits of that power are nowhere to be seen. | 在这里 他的权力无边无际 |
[03:32] | And no man given that kind of influence | 任何拥有这种权力的人 |
[03:33] | will remain honest for very long. | 都正直不了多久 |
[03:36] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[03:38] | Came to make sure you two were still alive. | 就是来看看你们俩是不是还活着 |
[03:41] | No one’s heard from you in hours. | 好几小时都没听见你们的动静了 |
[03:43] | The Lieutenant was just recounting to me | 上尉正在向我阐述 |
[03:45] | his belief that the only thing | 他的观点 他认为 |
[03:46] | that stands between us and a prosperous Nassau | 真正阻碍拿骚发展的 |
[03:49] | is an ocean, 100 years of history, and human nature. | 是一片海洋 百年的历史以及人性 |
[03:53] | Has he been like this all day? | 他一整天都是这样吗 |
[03:56] | More or less, ma’am, yes. | 差不多吧 夫人 是的 |
[04:02] | A gift. One of my favorites. | 这个送你 我的最爱之一 |
[04:06] | And you might find it helpful | 这或许能教会你 |
[04:08] | in dealing with my husband going forward. | 今后如何跟我丈夫打交道 |
[04:10] | Thank you, dear. Well played. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 这点子不错 |
[04:12] | Although that edition is in Spanish. | 但这是西班牙语的 |
[04:14] | I don’t think the lieutenant speaks it. | 上尉应该不懂这门语言吧 |
[04:16] | Perhaps he should learn. | 或许他该学学 |
[04:18] | In his profession, you never know when it might be useful. | 干他这一行 永远不知道什么能派上用场 |
[04:39] | Stop jacking off on the figurehead. | 别再猥亵我们的船首像了 |
[04:42] | Joji! | 焦基 |
[04:46] | Last item. | 最后一条 |
[04:49] | The powers that be have chosen a spot for our anchorage. | 我们的船长大人已经选好了停靠的地方 |
[04:52] | One mile north-northeast of the western tip of the Hog | 就在霍格岛西尽头东北偏北向一海里处 |
[04:55] | well beyond the view of Nassau town. | 这样拿骚的人就不会发现我们 |
[04:57] | Watches will continue on schedule | 大家仍然轮班值守 |
[04:59] | while provisions are secured via longboat. | 生活必需品将由大艇运送 |
[05:02] | Well, why ain’t there been a vote? | 为什么不投票决定 |
[05:05] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[05:06] | Well, I want to go home. Back in the bay. | 我想回家 回岸上去 |
[05:09] | Ain’t no one ask what I think about it. | 但没人问过我的想法 |
[05:11] | We vote that fuck of a captain back into his station | 我们投票让那操蛋家伙重新当上了船长 |
[05:14] | and he’s already skirting the fucking rules. | 结果他转头就无视船规了 |
[05:19] | We’re sailing a Spanish warship. | 我们这是艘西班牙战船 |
[05:23] | Captain Hornigold’s fort protects the bay from Spanish warships. | 霍尼戈德船长的堡垒负责抵御西班牙战船 |
[05:30] | I imagine the captain and quartermaster thought it self-evident | 在我看来 船长和舵手都觉得显然 |
[05:33] | that someone must go ahead and explain | 我们必须先派一个人上岸去向他们解释 |
[05:35] | so as to avoid a reactionary attack from the fort. | 以免遭到堡垒的攻击 |
[05:39] | We’re flying the black. Doesn’t it identify us? | 我们已经挂了黑旗了 难道他们认不出来吗 |
[05:43] | You mean behind the giant red crosses on the sails? | 你是指绣着巨大红十字的船帆后面那面吗 |
[05:50] | I want to vote. | 我要投票 |
[05:55] | Hey, don’t worry. We’ll sort it out. | 别担心 我们会解决的 |
[05:59] | Land ho! | 发现陆地 |
[06:56] | Almost took my fucking head off. | 差点把老子的头都砍下来了 |
[07:18] | I’ve made camp at Port Royal, | 我待过不少地方 皇家港 |
[07:20] | Tortuga, Kingston. | 托图加 金士登 |
[07:23] | No matter where I’ve been, one thing is true. | 但无论在哪里 有一件事永远不变 |
[07:27] | There’s always one. | 总会有这么一个人 |
[07:29] | The one you don’t cross. | 你不能去招惹 |
[07:31] | It would seem readily apparent that in this place, | 很显然 在这个地方 |
[07:34] | that would be you. | 那人就是你 |
[07:35] | Thank you for noticing. | 眼力不错 |
[07:39] | What the fuck are you doing here? | 你他妈的想干什么 |
[07:42] | I think it’s no secret that since my arrival | 大家都清楚 自我来这以后 |
[07:43] | I’ve been repeatedly provoked and harassed by the Guthrie woman. | 那个叫格斯里的女人就一直对我挑衅骚扰 |
[07:47] | And, as her aggression seems to be escalating, | 如今她的行为越来越过分 |
[07:50] | I thought it wise to speak of this in the open. | 所以我觉得还是说明白为好 |
[07:52] | Her aggression towards you? | 她对你有敌意 |
[07:54] | Conspiracy with my quartermaster to depose me. | 她跟我的舵手密谋罢免我 |
[07:57] | And a provocation by her man-at-arms. | 她手下的士兵又挑衅我 |
[08:00] | I think you and I have both seen enough | 这种事你我应该都见过不少 |
[08:01] | of these things to know they never end well. | 我们都知道这样不会有好结果 |
[08:03] | What are you telling me for? | 你为什么跟我说这个 |
[08:05] | I saw you that day in the tavern. | 那天我在酒馆也看到你了 |
[08:09] | I hear you and she have a connection. | 我听说你跟她有点关系 |
[08:12] | And if things were to deteriorate even further between us, | 如果我跟她之间的关系更加恶化 |
[08:16] | I’d just like to know whether I’ll have you to deal with, too. | 我想知道你会不会插手干预 |
[08:20] | I can’t imagine what we’d have to gain by taking an interest | 我无法想象过问那个格斯里的事 |
[08:23] | in the affairs of the Guthrie woman. | 我们会得到什么好处 |
[08:26] | Would you, Captain? | 你呢 船长 |
[08:31] | – Not that I can see. – You certain? | -我也看不出来 -你确定吗 |
[08:33] | I only ask again in that I know myself, | 我又问一遍是因为我了解自己 |
[08:36] | and I know when confronting threats like these, | 我知道面对这种威胁时 |
[08:38] | I tend to be a bit of a blunt instrument. | 我可能会有点凶暴 |
[08:41] | Try as I may to be rational, | 虽然我尽可能保持理性 |
[08:42] | there’s an instinct towards the extreme | 但是我容易不知不觉走向极端 |
[08:44] | that always gets the better of me. | 我对此也无能为力 |
[08:47] | So that we’re clear, | 所以我们说明白了 |
[08:48] | no matter how bloody this feud gets between she and I, | 不论我跟她之间有多大仇多大恨 |
[08:52] | I can rest soundly knowing you’ll take no part in it? | 你都不会参与其中 这我大可放心对吗 |
[08:58] | None whatsoever. | 尽管放心 |
[09:01] | However… | 但是… |
[09:03] | commerce here relies upon her. | 这里的贸易都靠她撑着 |
[09:06] | Should you move against her, | 你要与她为敌 |
[09:08] | you may find no shortage of new enemies on the street. | 各种敌人肯定会层出不穷 |
[09:12] | Perhaps. | 可能吧 |
[09:15] | Although, from what I understand, | 不过据我所知 |
[09:18] | confidence in her new venture | 大家对她的新冒险 |
[09:19] | is tepid at best. | 都没什么信心 |
[09:24] | Who knows how much she’ll be missed if at all? | 如果她不管事了会有多少人记得她 |
[09:35] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[09:36] | Tribute. | 贡金 |
[09:38] | And the respect of my crew. | 也是我们船员的一点心意 |
[09:40] | 10% of our most recent haul. | 我们最近一次收获的十分之一 |
[09:44] | Would have been a little heavier, | 本来应该更多的 |
[09:46] | only she taxed us over the state of the containers. | 可是她因为容器问题向我们征税了 |
[10:35] | Are they still in there? | 他们还在里面吗 |
[10:36] | Far as I know. Door hasn’t opened all morning. | 据我所知 门一整早没开过呢 |
[10:41] | When she finally emerges, tell her I’ve left. | 她出来后告诉她我走了 |
[11:42] | I’ll make contact with Captain Hornigold, | 我会联系霍尼戈德船长 |
[11:44] | inform him of our arrival, and arrange safe passage into harbor. | 通知他安排好安全进港通道让我们顺利抵达 |
[11:48] | I’ll then attempt to persuade him | 然后我再劝说他 |
[11:49] | to assign the bulk of his crew and his ship | 派他的大部分船员和他的船 |
[11:51] | to sail in consort with us. | 跟我们一起起航 |
[11:55] | With a little luck, we’ll be on our way back | 运气好的话 大约几天时间 |
[11:57] | to the Urca wreck within a matter of days. | 我们就能回厄卡号残骸那边了 |
[12:01] | And how do you plan to answer the question? | 你准备怎么回答那个问题 |
[12:04] | What question is that? | 什么问题 |
[12:06] | Why is this request coming from you, Captain Flint, | 为什么是弗林特船长你去找他 |
[12:10] | and not from Mr. Gates? | 而不是盖茨先生 |
[12:15] | When in doubt, the truth is a good place to start. | 有疑问时 真相就是最好的答案 |
[12:20] | Oh, matter of ship business. | 对了 还有件事 |
[12:23] | I’ve noticed the berths for the vanguard are less than ideal. | 我注意到先锋的铺位情况不怎么样 |
[12:26] | I’d like to have them set in here. | 我想让他们来这里休息 |
[12:27] | Give the men a little more space to breathe. | 让他们多点活动空间 |
[12:29] | You want the vanguard to quarter in the captain’s cabin? | 你想让先锋在船长室里住吗 |
[12:32] | I’m not a tyrant, Mr. Dufresne. | 我不是暴君 迪弗雷纳先生 |
[12:35] | The ship belongs to all of us. | 这艘船是大家的 |
[12:36] | This seems a way to ensure that we all benefit from it equally. | 这样好像可以保证人人平等 |
[12:39] | It also seems a way to ensure that the next time | 这样好像也可能保证下次再有人 |
[12:41] | someone raises a pistol towards you, | 拿枪对着你的时候 |
[12:44] | well, the vanguard has a rooting interest. | 先锋可以跟你休戚与共 |
[12:48] | After my departure, please ensure that mine | 我离开后 务必确保 |
[12:50] | is the only longboat that ferries anyone to and from the island. | 我的大艇是往来岛上的唯一船只 |
[12:52] | – The men will resist. – Then you resist them right back. | -他们会反抗的 -那你就镇压 |
[12:56] | They all know that we’re headed back for the Urca’s gold. | 他们都知道我们会回去取厄卡号上的金子 |
[12:58] | They all know where it is. | 他们都知道金子在哪里 |
[12:59] | They all know that its defenses are weakened. | 他们都知道厄卡号防御薄弱 |
[13:02] | We simply cannot allow | 我们绝对不能 |
[13:03] | that information leaking out onto the beach. | 让这一消息泄露给岸上的人 |
[13:07] | Or let them go if you like. | 或者你也可以让他们走 |
[13:09] | To whatever extent you’re comfortable competing | 只要你能对付得了 |
[13:11] | with a dozen other crews to retrieve that gold. | 去跟我们抢金子的人就行 |
[13:14] | Mr. Silver should be back | 西尔弗先生几小时后 |
[13:15] | aboard with provisions within a few hours. | 应该就带着补给上船了 |
[13:18] | That ought to keep tempers in check. | 那应该能先控制住大家的情绪 |
[13:27] | Are these the ones? | 就是他们吗 |
[13:29] | Handpicked. | 精心挑选的 |
[13:32] | You understand what I’m asking you to do? | 你们知道要做什么吧 |
[13:33] | Go back and watch the gold. | 回去看着金子 |
[13:35] | Keep watch on the Spanish soldiers | 继续盯着那些 |
[13:37] | who are watching the gold. | 看守金子的西班牙士兵 |
[13:39] | You’ll depart as soon as a longboat can be made ready. | 大艇准备好后你们就出发 |
[13:42] | Return to Division Bay. Approach from the south. | 回分隔湾 从南面接近 |
[13:44] | Stay inland and out of sight. | 在陆地上躲好不要被发现 |
[13:46] | Keep constant watch on that beach until we arrive. | 在我们到达前一定盯好那个沙滩 |
[13:49] | I should be no more than two days behind you. | 不到两天我应该就到了 |
[13:51] | At which point I’ll need to know everything | 到时我需要知道他们的 |
[13:52] | about their routines, schedule, watch strength. | 日常活动 活动日程 守卫力量 |
[13:56] | Then we’ll reconnoiter, plan our final assault, | 然后我们再侦查 计划最后一次袭击 |
[13:59] | secure the gold. Is that clear? | 夺取金子 明白了吗 |
[14:01] | Go. | 去吧 |
[14:05] | You certain they’re the men for this? | 你确定他们适合干这个吗 |
[14:07] | They’re the only ones who didn’t ask for more than I offered. | 他们是唯一不过度索取的两个人 |
[14:10] | So they had that in their favor. | 所以这算一大优势了吧 |
[14:12] | Jesus. | 上帝 |
[14:14] | I thought we needed to get back to the ship as quickly as possible. | 我觉得我们需要尽快赶回那艘船那边 |
[14:17] | You’re bringing something to read? | 你带了本书看啊 |
[14:20] | It isn’t for me. | 不是给我看的 |
[14:56] | Strange. | 真奇怪 |
[14:57] | You and I have never shared more than a few words, | 你我说过不过几句话 |
[14:59] | and yet I feel like we’re old friends. | 但我感觉我们像是故友 |
[15:03] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[15:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:06] | James talks about you all the time. | 詹姆斯经常提起你 |
[15:12] | Captain Flint. | 弗林特船长 |
[15:15] | He’s told me what you’ve accomplished in this place. | 他跟我说过你在此地的成就 |
[15:17] | With those men. In spite of them. | 与那些人之间的合作及抗争 |
[15:22] | It’s no small feat. | 这种成就非同小可 |
[15:25] | And I admire it. | 我深感敬佩 |
[15:27] | Do you know what he told me about you? | 你知道他是怎么跟我提起你的吗 |
[15:29] | What’s that? | 他怎么说的 |
[15:33] | Nothing. | 什么也没说过 |
[15:35] | When I ask him, all I get is a shrug or a laugh or | 我若问起 得到的回应都是耸肩或一笑而过 |
[15:38] | an innocent suggestion that he has a longtime companion. | 抑或含蓄地表示他有位长期的伴侣 |
[15:41] | Her name is Barlow and nothing more. | 名叫巴洛 再无其他 |
[15:44] | Is that possible? | 有可能吗 |
[15:45] | Is it possible that you’re so unremarkable | 你有可能平凡至此 |
[15:47] | as to resist any further description than that? | 以至于除此之外 无需多言吗 |
[15:51] | Certainly possible. | 当然可能 |
[15:53] | You conspire with my father to sabotage our plans. | 你和我父亲同谋 破坏我们的计划 |
[15:56] | You betray our trust. | 你背叛了我们的信任 |
[15:58] | You cause almost irreparable damage as a result. | 导致了几乎不可弥补的伤害 |
[16:00] | And when Flint, the most feared captain in all creation, | 当弗林特 史上最让人闻风丧胆的船长 |
[16:02] | comes to confront you about it, | 来找你当面对质时 |
[16:05] | you destroy him. | 你摧毁了他 |
[16:08] | Now I hear in the wind that in his absence | 如今我收到风声 你趁他未归 |
[16:10] | you’ve begun to forge new alliances with his enemies. | 开始与他的敌人建立新的联盟 |
[16:14] | With the farmers of the interior. | 与内陆乡间的人 |
[16:17] | With Mr. Underhill, the man sheltering my shit of a father | 以及这会儿正收留着我那狗日父亲的 |
[16:19] | as we speak. | 昂德希尔先生 |
[16:23] | It’s true I’ve joined Pastor Lambrick’s congregation | 我的确加入了兰伯里克牧师的教会 |
[16:25] | and that Mr. Underhill is a member. | 昂德希尔先生也是成员之一 |
[16:28] | Yet here you sit, brewing tea | 而你却在此 悠然煮茶 |
[16:30] | as if none of it ever happened. | 仿佛一切未曾发生过 |
[16:33] | And I’m forced to wonder exactly what it is | 我不得不好奇 你手上究竟握有什么 |
[16:34] | you hold over Flint | 威胁弗林特的筹码 |
[16:36] | that makes everything I’ve seen possible. | 才能促成我所见的一切 |
[16:39] | You don’t know what you’ve seen. | 你根本不了解自己所见的一切 |
[16:42] | You didn’t betray him? | 你没有背叛他吗 |
[16:44] | I don’t believe I did, no. | 我自认为没有 |
[16:45] | And if he’s being honest, neither does he. | 如果他肯实话实说 也会同意 |
[16:48] | I’m sorry. I saw the look on his face | 抱歉 我亲眼目睹他那晚离开时 |
[16:50] | the last night he left this place and I beg to differ. | 脸上的表情 所以我不同意你这说法 |
[16:55] | Every man has his torments. | 世人皆受折磨 |
[16:59] | Demons born of past wrongs that hound and harass him. | 受过往错误的烦扰与煎熬 |
[17:04] | You perceive the effects of Captain Flint’s demons. | 你察觉到的是弗林特船长的心魔 |
[17:07] | Echoes of their voices. | 魔音荡耳 |
[17:09] | But I know their names. | 但我知道心魔的真名 |
[17:12] | I was there when they were born. | 他们成形时 我亦在场 |
[17:15] | I know the things they whisper to him at night. | 我知晓他们入夜时在他耳边的低语 |
[17:19] | So you can believe me when I tell you | 所以你大可相信 |
[17:22] | that within his chorus of torments… | 在他苦痛的协奏曲中 |
[17:26] | none of them look or sound like me. | 没有一个音符与我相关 |
[17:31] | I don’t know what it is that you owe Flint | 我不知道你欠了弗林特什么 |
[17:34] | or that he owes you. | 又或是他之于你 |
[17:36] | But after the damage you’ve caused, | 但你造成的损失无可否认 |
[17:37] | I know what you owe me and I’ve come here to collect. | 如今你欠了我 而我是来收债的 |
[17:40] | I need to speak with Underhill. | 我要和昂德希尔谈话 |
[17:43] | As a result of your actions, | 拜你所赐 |
[17:43] | my business interests are now vulnerable. | 我的商业利益如今不堪一击 |
[17:46] | Acquiring the partnership of a plantation the size of Mr. Underhill’s | 拉拢坐拥大型种植园的昂德希尔 |
[17:49] | could help bolster commerce on my side of the island. | 有助于促进我岛上的商业贸易 |
[17:52] | My attempts to reach him by letter have gone unanswered. | 我试图以书信联系 但皆无回音 |
[17:55] | And considering your new friendship, | 既然他是你的新朋友 |
[17:56] | I would like for you to help arrange a meeting. | 我想请你代为安排我俩见面 |
[17:59] | I thought he was an enemy of yours. | 他不是你的敌人吗 |
[18:02] | Perhaps I’m willing to see things in a different light. | 也许我也愿意换个角度看问题 |
[18:05] | Will you do it? | 你会帮我吗 |
[18:08] | I’ll try. | 我尽力 |
[18:26] | This isn’t enough. | 这还不够 |
[18:29] | It’s all there are funds for. | 我们的资金只够买这些 |
[18:30] | Then less flour and more rum. | 那就少买面粉多买酒 |
[18:32] | Mr. Dufresne was right. | 迪弗雷纳先生说得没错 |
[18:33] | The men will expect some time in town before we depart. | 在我们再次启航前 船员会想在镇上休整 |
[18:37] | I want them as contented as possible | 我希望他们在我宣布噩耗前 |
[18:38] | when I inform them otherwise. | 尽可能过得舒心 |
[18:41] | The Spanish soldiers guarding the Hulk | 给巨舰护航的西班牙军队 |
[18:43] | are four days removed by longboat from St. Augustine. | 将在四天后由乘坐大艇到达圣奥古斯汀 |
[18:46] | By my reckoning, we got a week, | 我粗略一算 我们只有一周 |
[18:47] | two at the most, before King Philip takes his gold back. | 最多两周的时间 金币就会回到菲利普国王手里 |
[18:51] | There’s no time for delay. | 没时间耽搁了 |
[18:53] | Get those supplies as quickly as you can and meet me back here. | 尽快凑齐供给 回来这和我汇合 |
[18:57] | I’ll engage Captain Hornigold | 我会去和霍尼戈德船长沟通 |
[18:58] | and make way for the ship to enter the bay. | 确保船只能顺利入港 |
[19:03] | At least you won’t have a hard time finding him. | 至少你不必花费时间找他 |
[19:06] | Isn’t that Hornigold’s flag? | 那不是霍尼戈德的旗帜吗 |
[19:13] | Why isn’t he in his fort? | 他为什么不在堡垒待着 |
[19:25] | What the fuck happened here? | 这里发生过什么事 |
[20:06] | I hear this is once again a place | 我听说这里再次成为 |
[20:09] | where men come with coins in their pockets | 让人带着金钱以及秘密而来 |
[20:11] | and secrets in their heads and leave with less of both. | 离开时两者皆轻的地方了 |
[20:15] | And I hear you’re the one doing the collecting. | 听说其中的中间人是你 |
[20:20] | You can relax. | 你大可放松 |
[20:21] | I’m not here to stop it. | 我不是来阻止的 |
[20:23] | Your place, do as you like. | 你的地头 随你做什么都行 |
[20:28] | But there is a secret you wish my help in obtaining? | 但你是想让我帮你获取情报吗 |
[20:31] | New crew on the island, | 岛上来了新的船队 |
[20:32] | captained by a man named Low. | 船长叫洛 |
[20:35] | They’re hiding something. A piece from their last prize. | 他们对上批战利品中的某样物件有所隐瞒 |
[20:38] | Something unique. Something of great value. | 独一无二 价值连城的物件 |
[20:41] | Seeing as his crew makes frequent use of your girls, | 既然他的船员们都是你店里的常客 |
[20:44] | I’d like you to find out what it is. | 我想让你去一探究竟 |
[20:51] | The other day I had a moment with Eleanor. | 前几天我和埃莉诺聊过 |
[20:54] | Told her all the things I wanted to say to her for so long. | 跟她说了我深藏心底的话语 |
[20:58] | That I was unbroken by her. | 她让我变得完整 |
[21:01] | And I saw that it shook her. | 我能看出她很动容 |
[21:04] | And I felt happy. | 我也觉得开心 |
[21:07] | And the moment she turned to walk away from me, | 你知道当她选择离开时 |
[21:08] | do you know what I felt? | 我的感受吗 |
[21:12] | The urge to go after her and hold her again. | 我非常想追上去 再次抱着她 |
[21:16] | It’s amazing, isn’t it, the spell she casts on us. | 真是惊人 她给我们施的魔咒 |
[21:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:20] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[21:21] | Captain Low’s men are familiar faces here. | 洛船长的手下是这里的熟面孔 |
[21:25] | Just today I heard all the captain was talking about | 今天我还听那位船长说的全是 |
[21:27] | were the awful things he’d like to visit upon Eleanor Guthrie. | 他要在埃莉诺·格斯里身上做的可怕事 |
[21:31] | Given the timing of your request, | 鉴于你这时候来找我 |
[21:34] | I assume you’ve heard the same thing. | 想必你也听说了 |
[21:39] | Jack and Anne have no idea | 杰克和安妮不知道 |
[21:40] | what they’re up against with you, do they? | 跟你作对会有什么下场吧 |
[21:42] | The only question that remains | 现在只有一个问题 |
[21:43] | is what difference does it make what his cargo is worth? | 他的货物是否有价值又有什么关系 |
[21:48] | Though I suppose if the value is great enough, | 虽然如果它价值不菲 |
[21:51] | it would give you pretense | 你就有借口 |
[21:52] | to move against him and call it business | 反对他 并称之为生意 |
[21:54] | instead of calling it what it actually is. | 而不是用真正的名义 |
[21:59] | I’m going to assume we have an agreement. | 那我就当我们达成协议了 |
[22:08] | It’s not enough. | 这还不够 |
[22:12] | The money is generous, | 你出手很大方 |
[22:14] | but I’d rather have something else from you. | 但我更想跟你要别的东西 |
[22:17] | Such as? | 你说说看 |
[22:19] | Your former shipmates, | 你以前的船员 |
[22:21] | they wish to sail again under their own banner. | 他们希望在自己的旗帜下再次扬帆出航 |
[22:24] | But so long as they bear the black mark you put upon them, | 但只要他们背负着你给他们的污点 |
[22:27] | their prospects will remain dim. | 他们的愿景就无法实现 |
[22:31] | I’d like you to remove it. | 我要你消除他们的污点 |
[22:46] | I found a way to stop caring about her. | 我找到了不再关心她的方法 |
[22:49] | Would you like to know how? | 你想知道吗 |
[22:51] | No. | 不想 |
[22:54] | You understand the job I’m looking to fill? | 你明白你要填补的空缺的职责吗 |
[22:56] | Yes, ma’am. | 明白 女士 |
[22:57] | And you understand what happened | 那你知道你的前任 |
[22:58] | to the last man who held that job? | 有什么遭遇吗 |
[22:59] | – Yes, ma’am. – What happened to him? | -知道 女士 -他有什么遭遇 |
[23:06] | He said the captain put a sword in his mouth. | 他说船长把剑插入了他的嘴 |
[23:10] | You should know that captain is still a threat to me. | 你该知道那个船长于我还是个威胁 |
[23:13] | You’re not concerned about stepping into the way of that? | 你不担心蹚这滩浑水的后果吗 |
[23:15] | No, ma’am. | 不担心 女士 |
[23:16] | I know him, ma’am. | 我了解他 女士 |
[23:18] | I knew his sister before they put us on the ship. | 我们被安排上船前 我就认识他妹妹了 |
[23:22] | You asked me to bring one I would trust with my life. | 你要我带一个我用生命相信的人来 |
[23:26] | This is him. | 那个人就是他 |
[23:54] | I didn’t get it. | 我没抢到 |
[24:08] | I led myself to believe that I would either never see you again | 我让自己相信 我要么再也见不到你 |
[24:10] | or that all our problems would be solved. | 要是见到你 我们的问题就迎刃而解了 |
[24:14] | I never made space in my mind for something in between. | 我从来没想过还有介于两者之间的情况 |
[24:18] | But I’m so very glad you’re alive. | 但我非常高兴你还活着 |
[24:21] | You were missed. | 我很想你 |
[24:23] | What do we do now? | 我们现在怎么做 |
[24:25] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[24:27] | Bloody go back and retrieve the gold. | 杀回去取回金币 |
[24:29] | Refit, hire a consort, finish the job. | 整修船只 雇船员 干了这票 |
[24:32] | Is that possible? | 有可能吗 |
[24:33] | Well, it might have been possible | 如果我像以前那样 |
[24:36] | when I had someplace to bring it all back home to. | 有个能把金币带回来的地方 就有可能 |
[24:38] | Before the bay fell into the hands of a madman. | 但要赶在海湾落入疯子手中之前 |
[24:41] | Fucking Hornigold. | 他妈的霍尼戈德 |
[24:43] | He told me Vane killed 30 of his men. | 他告诉我韦恩杀了他三十名手下 |
[24:45] | That he was prepared to take back the fort, | 他准备把堡垒夺回来 |
[24:47] | but that you sabotaged his efforts. | 但你却破坏了他的行动 |
[24:49] | I told him he must be mistaken. | 我说他肯定误会你了 |
[24:50] | Eleanor Guthrie would never be so wantonly reckless | 埃莉诺·格斯里对这里的安全问题 |
[24:53] | with the security of this place. | 绝对不会那么鲁莽 |
[24:54] | – I understand your concern, but– – Do you? | -我明白你在担心什么 但… -是吗 |
[24:57] | Because what I find most troubling about all of this | 我发现在所有事之中最麻烦的就是 |
[24:59] | is the sense that you don’t share it. | 你跟我想法不同了 |
[25:02] | He came through the interior. | 他从内陆而来 |
[25:04] | There was no warning. | 没有任何预警 |
[25:06] | Before I or Hornigold or anyone knew what was going on, | 在我或霍尼戈德或其他人搞明白前 |
[25:09] | he and his men were firmly positioned up there | 他跟他的手下已稳稳地占据堡垒 |
[25:11] | and threatening to sink every ship in the bay | 威胁说如果我们反抗他 |
[25:12] | the moment we made any move against him. | 他就击沉海湾里所有船只 |
[25:14] | – So you did nothing? – What would you have had me do? | -于是你什么都不做了吗 -你要我怎么做 |
[25:16] | Something! Anything! | 做点事 任何事 |
[25:19] | Surprise him at night. Use the tunnels. | 晚上通过隧道突袭他 |
[25:21] | He’d have sunk every ship in the bay. | 他可能会击沉海湾里所有船只 |
[25:22] | He’d have sunk a few ships in the bay | 他可能会击沉海湾里几艘船只 |
[25:24] | and it would have been a price worth paying. | 但这是值得付出的代价 |
[25:25] | You weren’t here. And he isn’t the problem you think he is. | 你不在这里 而且他不是你认为的问题所在 |
[25:30] | He has no interest in disrupting the flow of trade. | 他对扰乱贸易流动没兴趣 |
[25:32] | You look me in the eye and tell me that you’re certain | 看着我的眼睛告诉我你肯定 |
[25:35] | that if I brought the Urca gold back here past those guns, | 当我把厄卡号上的金币带回这里经过堡垒时 |
[25:38] | he wouldn’t use his position to rob me of every last ounce of it. | 他不会利用地理优势抢走我的全部金币 |
[25:46] | I had to make a quick judgment. | 我必须迅速作出决定 |
[25:48] | And in the moment it was clear | 显然在那个时候 |
[25:49] | that the sacrifice it would have taken | 把他赶离堡垒 |
[25:50] | to get him out of that fort was simply too great. | 所要付出的代价实在太大了 |
[26:08] | A Spanish warship fell upon us | 在我们找到厄卡号前 |
[26:11] | before we’d found our way to the Urca. | 一艘西班牙战舰攻击我们 |
[26:17] | At that point, Mr. Gates’ faith in our mission… | 那时 盖茨先生失去了对任务的信心 |
[26:24] | his faith in me was lost. | 对我的信心 |
[26:29] | I had to use my judgment | 我得当机立断 |
[26:31] | whether to let him abort our entire endeavor | 任由他破坏我们所有的努力 |
[26:35] | and see my plans, your plans, evaporate or to stop him. | 让你我的计划付诸流水 还是去阻止他 |
[26:43] | I stopped him. | 我选择阻止他 |
[26:48] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[26:50] | What was necessary. | 我做了我必须做的 |
[26:54] | Because I knew that the future of this place is everything. | 因为我知道这里的未来高于一切 |
[26:58] | And that there is no sacrifice | 为了保护这个未来 |
[26:59] | too great to secure that future. | 必须不惜一切代价 |
[27:02] | I thought you and I were in agreement about that. | 我以为你我对此事意见一致 |
[27:14] | I’m sorry you were put to that choice. | 我很遗憾你被迫作出这个决定 |
[27:16] | I know what he meant to you. | 我知道你很在乎他 |
[27:18] | So we are in agreement, then? | 那我们意见一致了吧 |
[27:22] | He must be removed from that fort. | 必须让他离开堡垒 |
[27:29] | You’ve been through hell. | 这些天你也辛苦了 |
[27:31] | There’s nothing about any of this that can’t wait till tomorrow. | 这些事都可以等到明天 |
[27:35] | Get some rest and we can discuss this further in the morning. | 好好休息 我们明早再详谈 |
[27:48] | I saw her today. | 我今天见过她了 |
[27:52] | Mrs. Barlow. | 巴洛太太 |
[27:54] | She seemed concerned for your welfare. | 她好像很关心你的安危 |
[27:58] | I know you and her didn’t part on pleasant terms. | 我知道你俩上次分别闹得不太愉快 |
[28:02] | And perhaps if you went to see her today– | 也许你今天去找她… |
[28:09] | Lady Hamilton. | 汉密尔顿夫人 |
[28:10] | I asked the carriage driver for your address. | 我问了车夫你的地址 |
[28:16] | Lieutenant, it’s rather cold out here. | 上尉 外面很冷 |
[28:20] | I beg your pardon. Please, come in. | 很抱歉 请进吧 |
[28:30] | It’s… tidy. | 挺 整洁的 |
[28:38] | Lady Hamilton, it’s very generous of you to come visit me, | 汉密尔顿夫人 非常感激您能来看我 |
[28:41] | but perhaps I could now escort you back to your carriage. | 但也许我现在该送您上马车了 |
[28:44] | Are you familiar with Jonathan and Margaret Grey, Lieutenant? | 你知道乔纳森和玛格丽特·格雷吗 上尉 |
[28:49] | The Duke and Duchess of Surrey? | 萨里公爵夫妇 |
[28:51] | As you may or may not be aware, | 不清楚你知不知道 |
[28:52] | they hold one of the largest collections | 他们收藏着整个欧洲 |
[28:54] | of Egyptian artifacts in all of Europe. | 最多的埃及手工艺品 |
[28:57] | I thought perhaps today | 也许今天你可以 |
[28:58] | you’d join me in viewing them as my guest. | 作为我的客人跟我一起去看看 |
[29:01] | You mean yours and your husband’s? | 您是说作为您和您先生的客人吧 |
[29:03] | Thomas is otherwise engaged. | 托马斯在忙别的 |
[29:05] | It would just be you and I. | 只有我和你 |
[29:10] | I don’t think that’s a very good idea. | 这样不太好吧 |
[29:11] | Why wouldn’t it be a good idea? | 为什么不好 |
[29:13] | Would you not enjoy my company? | 你不喜欢跟我一起吗 |
[29:18] | That would seem to be beside the point. | 这不是重点 |
[29:20] | – The point is– – How it would look. | -重点是… -别人眼中是什么样 |
[29:22] | Yes, ma’am. Exactly. | 正是 夫人 |
[29:24] | Are you happy, Lieutenant? | 你快乐吗 上尉 |
[29:27] | Happy? In what regard? | 快乐 您指哪方面 |
[29:30] | In my experience, there is an inverse relationship | 依我之见 一个人的快乐程度 |
[29:33] | between the degree of one’s happiness | 跟他对别人看法的在意 |
[29:35] | and the concern one suffers for what the neighbors think. | 二者是相反关系 |
[29:38] | This isn’t an abstraction, ma’am. | 这不是抽象概念 夫人 |
[29:40] | – Were your husband to hear– – I love my husband. | -如果您丈夫听闻… -我爱我的丈夫 |
[29:44] | I know what’s said about me behind my back. | 我知道别人在我背后是怎么说我的 |
[29:46] | Whispers of infidelities. My husband’s heard them. | 说我没有信仰 我丈夫也听说过 |
[29:49] | And I suspect, given the look on your face, | 鉴于你的表情 |
[29:51] | you’ve heard them, too. | 看来你也听说了吧 |
[29:54] | Thomas and I are not bothered by them. | 我和托马斯没有受其困扰 |
[29:59] | The only question that remains is… | 仅剩的问题是 |
[30:04] | are you? | 你呢 |
[30:13] | It doesn’t concern you? | 你就不担心吗 |
[30:16] | Pardon? | 你说什么 |
[30:17] | When you set sail, my friend had his ear | 你们当初起航时 我的朋友是他的亲信 |
[30:19] | and you were ballast. | 而你是个累赘 |
[30:22] | Then he calls my friend a mutineer and puts him in the sea. | 然后他说我的朋友是叛徒 把他扔进了海里 |
[30:26] | Now he’s giving you his ear. | 现在你成了他的亲信 |
[30:28] | How can you stand so close to him knowing what he’s capable of | 你明知他的手段 而且下一个迟早会是你 |
[30:31] | and that sooner or later you’ll be next? | 你怎么还能站得离他这么近呢 |
[30:38] | Five million pieces of eight. | 五百万西班牙银币 |
[30:40] | Why? How do you do it? | 换作是你会怎么做 |
[30:47] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[30:50] | I don’t know where her loyalties lie. | 我不知道她到底站在谁那边 |
[30:52] | Told you as much. | 我就说了吧 |
[30:53] | Either we act now to remove him or no one will. | 我们现在不去把他赶走 就没人会行动了 |
[30:55] | We don’t have time for this. | 我们没这个时间 |
[30:57] | Every day wasted dealing with this | 每浪费一天时间处理这种事 |
[30:59] | is a day closer to losing that gold. | 就离那些金币又远了一步 |
[31:01] | Then I suggest we act quickly. | 那我建议我们赶紧行动 |
[31:11] | …and as many prizes as I can capture. | 尽可能多地劫获战利品… |
[31:16] | And as for captain, well, you’re looking at him. | 至于船长 那就是在下了 |
[31:34] | Who were they? | 他们是谁 |
[31:35] | Men wise enough to know that on this island | 足够聪明 知道在这座岛上 |
[31:37] | three things are known to be true. | 有三件事是千真万确的人 |
[31:38] | Number two is Jack Rackham is a crew killer. | 第二件就是杰克·拉克姆是船员杀手 |
[31:42] | It’ll turn. | 会改变的 |
[31:43] | I admire your optimism. | 我很欣赏你的乐观 |
[31:46] | – Why didn’t you wait for me? – You were preoccupied. | -你为什么不等我 -你太忙了 |
[31:48] | If you’re angry about the whore and me, just fucking say so. | 你要是生气我和那个妓女的事 就直说 |
[31:51] | You have an itch that needs scratching. Go with God. | 你饥渴需要人解决 请便 |
[31:53] | My trouble isn’t that she knows how to play the thing | 我的问题不在她比我更懂怎么玩弄 |
[31:55] | between your legs better than I, | 你两腿之间的蜜穴 |
[31:56] | but the one between your ears. | 而是她会唆摆你 |
[31:58] | Do you honestly not see it? | 你真的没看出来吗 |
[32:00] | That your judgment with her is clouded at best. | 一遇上她你就失去了判断力 |
[32:02] | That she knows it and intends to use it | 她也知道 而且还准备利用这点 |
[32:04] | to drive a wedge between us, | 离间我们的关系 |
[32:05] | because it is painfully obvious to me. | 因为对我来说这事真是太明显了 |
[32:07] | And there’s nothing I can do to counter it | 而我被你拒之门外 |
[32:10] | when I’m on the wrong side of that door. | 对此根本无能为力 |
[32:16] | Of course I can see it. | 我当然看得出来 |
[32:18] | Then why don’t you stop it? | 那你为什么不阻止 |
[32:25] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[32:40] | Join me. | 陪我坐会儿吧 |
[32:42] | Won’t you? | 好吗 |
[32:59] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[33:05] | What’s happening exactly? | 这是怎么回事 |
[33:08] | I’m repairing your reputations. | 帮你挽救你的名声 |
[33:10] | Public display of reconciliation. | 公开和解 |
[33:13] | So just sit there, | 只要坐在那里 |
[33:15] | smile, | 微笑 |
[33:18] | and let it happen. | 顺其自然就好 |
[33:23] | To Mr. Hamund. | 敬哈蒙德先生 |
[33:27] | We hardly knew ye. | 我们跟你都不熟 |
[33:36] | Look at the two of you. | 看看你俩 |
[33:38] | Every reason to run screaming from each other. | 这么多理由哭叫着逃离对方 |
[33:40] | And yet you’re still as thick as the moment I first found you | 却还是跟我第一次在巷子后面找到你们那时 |
[33:43] | fucking behind the galley. | 一样感情深厚 |
[33:45] | You’ll either be the death of each other | 你俩要么害死对方 |
[33:47] | or we’ll all end up working for you someday. | 要么有朝一日我们都为你卖命 |
[33:50] | Doubt there’s any third outcome. | 恐怕不会有第三种结果 |
[33:55] | Why? Why now? | 为什么 为什么是现在 |
[34:09] | I know what Low’s cargo is. | 我知道洛的货物是什么 |
[34:18] | No shit? | 你没胡扯吧 |
[34:27] | Stand up. | 起来 |
[35:03] | Will that do? | 这样可以吗 |
[35:05] | I believe so. | 我觉得可以 |
[35:09] | Congratulations, Jack. | 恭喜了 杰克 |
[35:10] | Now you know what it’s like to rise from the grave. | 现在你知道死而复生是什么滋味了 |
[35:24] | Well, it’s not exactly a feast, | 虽然算不上是什么盛宴 |
[35:26] | but the food I’ve procured should be waiting by the jetty. | 但我搞到的食物应该在码头候着了 |
[35:28] | Get rid of it. Dump it. Sell it. I don’t care. | 扔了 倒了 卖了 随便处置我不管 |
[35:31] | – What about the crew? – Tell them the truth. | -船员们怎么办 -实话实说 |
[35:33] | It was stolen from them by Charles Vane | 说食物是查尔斯·韦恩从他们那儿偷走的 |
[35:34] | and the horde of barbarians he now commands. | 还有他现在掌控的那一帮野蛮人 |
[35:37] | They’ve run amok on the island and no one’s been spared. | 他们在岛上胡作非为 人们无一幸免 |
[35:39] | Didn’t you notice? | 你没注意到吗 |
[35:41] | I want them boiling over by the time I return. | 我打算回来的时候让民怨沸腾 |
[35:43] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[35:47] | I see. | 明白了 |
[35:56] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[35:57] | I’m quite certain this isn’t the way to the Greys’ residence. | 我清楚这不是去格雷住宅的路 |
[36:00] | I quietly instructed the driver to take you home. | 我悄悄地让车夫送你回家 |
[36:06] | Propriety. | 你还真是行事得体 |
[36:07] | Lady Hamilton, do you know what would happen in my world | 汉密尔顿夫人 你知道在我的世界里 |
[36:09] | if people just did as they please | 如果人们由着性子来 |
[36:10] | with no regard for convention? | 而不顾约定习俗 会发生什么吗 |
[36:12] | Columbus would still be | 哥伦布估计还在 |
[36:13] | sailing in circles off the coast of Spain. | 绕着西班牙沿海飘荡 |
[36:21] | I imagine there are two kinds of men who make their life at sea. | 我想有两种人会靠海谋生 |
[36:25] | Those whose sense of duty forces them | 一种是责任感让他们将 |
[36:26] | to leave any sense of permanence or identity behind them | 任何的永恒感或身份抛到脑后的人 |
[36:31] | and those for whom that is the attraction. | 而另一种 大海就是让他们魂牵梦绕的地方 |
[36:35] | Which do you think I am? | 你觉得我是哪种 |
[36:37] | I think you’re someone who’s very good | 我觉得你是那种非常善于 |
[36:39] | at managing how you’re perceived. | 管理你感知外物方式的人 |
[36:42] | And perhaps getting what you want | 也许是善于在他人毫无察觉的情况下 |
[36:44] | without anyone ever knowing how you did it | 得到你想要的那种人 |
[36:46] | or perhaps if it ever happened at all. | 也许压根就没有这回事儿 |
[36:49] | Perhaps… | 也可能 |
[36:57] | Don’t tell me propriety has worked its evils on you, too, now. | 别告诉我行事得体也让你畏手畏脚了 |
[37:03] | I was going to say… | 我原本想说 |
[37:06] | that perhaps you’re more concerned with whether or not | 也许你更在意的是 |
[37:08] | people talk about what you | 是否有人对我和你 |
[37:10] | and I do may be doing behind closed doors… | 独处的时候可能做了什么传闲话 |
[37:14] | than with what we actually are doing. | 而不关于我们真的做了什么 |
[38:13] | All right, start again | 好 从头再来 |
[38:15] | at the beginning of the measure. | 从头一小节开始 |
[38:56] | State your name! | 报上你的大名 |
[38:58] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[39:27] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[39:42] | I admire you for coming to see me earlier. | 我很欣赏你之前能来找我 |
[39:45] | Showed you were a man who knows his place. | 说明你是一个清楚自己处境的人 |
[39:48] | That quality alone puts you ahead | 单凭这条你就 |
[39:50] | of practically every other captain on this island. | 高出这岛上其他船长们一头了 |
[39:53] | So I’d like to make you an offer. | 所以我对你有个提议 |
[39:56] | An offer? | 提议 |
[39:58] | Partnership between your crew and mine. | 你我船员相互合作 |
[40:05] | I’m not interested. | 我不感兴趣 |
[40:06] | But you haven’t heard the deal yet. | 你还没听提议是什么呢 |
[40:11] | I took the fort to control the bay, | 我拿下堡垒以管制海湾 |
[40:13] | but I have no desire to waste away in it. | 但无意在这上面耗费过多 |
[40:17] | My place is at sea. | 我的阵地是在海上 |
[40:19] | But as I’m certain you’ve heard, | 但我想你也听说了 |
[40:20] | I was recently deprived of my ship. | 我最近被剥夺了对自己船只的指挥 |
[40:23] | Which means I need a new one. | 也就是说 我需要一只新船 |
[40:25] | Were she to come with a strong crew, all the better. | 如果还随有一帮精兵强将 那更好不过 |
[40:27] | Let me stop you there. | 打断一下 |
[40:30] | Before I came to see you this morning, | 在我今天早上去见你之前 |
[40:31] | I will admit I was concerned. | 我还会承认自己对此很担心 |
[40:34] | It’s painfully clear you’ve got feelings for the Guthrie woman. | 很沉痛地发现你对那个叫格斯里的女人放不下 |
[40:38] | If you could bring all your men to bear to protect her, | 如果你让你的手下也跟着你去维护她 |
[40:40] | to retaliate against anyone who would move against her, | 冲跟她对着干的人打击报复 |
[40:42] | that might be reason enough to let this whole matter go. | 这一个理由就足够让这整个事情告吹 |
[40:46] | But do you know what I think now? | 但你知道我现在脑子里想什么吗 |
[40:49] | I think your men couldn’t care less about Eleanor Guthrie. | 我觉得你的人根本不鸟埃莉诺·格斯里 |
[40:52] | I think they find your feelings for her to be pathetic. | 我想他们会觉得你对她的感情很可悲 |
[40:55] | I think you’re powerless to do anything about this. | 我觉得你对这个事情毫无招架之力 |
[40:57] | And for all these reasons, I think my feelings | 就是这些原因 我觉得 |
[40:59] | about Eleanor scare you to death. | 我对埃莉诺的态度让你惊恐至极 |
[41:03] | And I must say, coming out here alone like this, | 我不得不说 像这样单枪匹马来这里 |
[41:07] | it only serves to confirm my suspicions. | 只能更加证实我的猜测 |
[41:12] | Do your men even know you’re here? | 你的人知道你在这儿吗 |
[41:42] | I recommend you get up and get off my ship. | 我建议你赶快动身离开我的船 |
[41:47] | Don’t you want to hear the rest of my terms first? | 你难道不想先听听我其他的条件吗 |
[41:50] | By all means. | 尽管说 |
[41:52] | I get your ship. | 我拿下你的船 |
[41:55] | I get your cargo. | 拿下你的货物 |
[41:58] | I get your weapons. | 拿下你的武器 |
[42:02] | I get it all. | 统统拿下 |
[42:06] | And what exactly | 你到底用什么 |
[42:08] | would I get in exchange for all that? | 来换这些东西呢 |
[42:13] | A head start. | 先发制人 |
[42:17] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[42:25] | Mr. Holmes doesn’t work here anymore. | 福尔摩斯先生不会在这里干活了 |
[43:56] | Found the prize they was hiding. | 找到他们藏匿的战利品了 |
[43:59] | Just where the whore said she’d be. | 就在那个妓女说的地方 |
[44:09] | Tobacco? | 要烟吗 |
[44:12] | Tobacco, sir? | 要烟吗 先生 |
[44:16] | Tobacco? | 要来一根吗 |
[44:18] | Sir? | 先生 |
[44:23] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[44:28] | Mr. Scott. | 斯科特先生 |
[44:54] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[44:56] | Didn’t imagine your new crewmates | 没想到你的新伙计们 |
[44:57] | would appreciate you and I speaking directly. | 喜欢我俩直接交流 |
[44:59] | No, I don’t imagine they would. | 不 我不觉得他们喜欢这样 |
[45:03] | How have they taken to you? Any better? | 他们对你的态度怎么样 有改善吗 |
[45:05] | Hmm, small moves. | 一点点吧 |
[45:10] | Flint came to see me today. | 弗林特今天来见我了 |
[45:12] | – I know he and Hornigold spoke. – Eleanor. | -我知道他和霍尼戈德谈过了 -埃莉诺 |
[45:14] | And I have to believe that | 而且我有理由相信 |
[45:15] | he went to see him after he left my office. | 他一离开我的办公室就去找他了 |
[45:17] | – Were you there when– – Eleanor. | -你那时候在那儿吗 -埃莉诺 |
[45:20] | I would ask you not to put me in this position. | 我想请你别把我卷进来 |
[45:22] | I swore an oath. | 我发过誓 |
[45:23] | I have an obligation to Captain Hornigold’s crew. | 我得对霍尼戈德船长的船员们负责 |
[45:26] | You don’t have to respond. Just listen. | 你不需要回答 听我说就好 |
[45:30] | I know Flint wants Vane out of the fort. | 我知道弗林特想让韦恩滚出堡垒 |
[45:33] | I know Hornigold wants it, too. | 我知道霍尼戈德也这么想 |
[45:35] | Ordinarily, it would be bad enough | 按常理说 这样很不妙 |
[45:36] | having them spinning each other up about it. | 不应该看他们互相残杀 |
[45:40] | But something was different today. | 但今时不同往日 |
[45:43] | When I saw Flint, something was different about him. | 我看到弗林特就知道他和以前不一样了 |
[45:47] | You know what happened out there, don’t you? | 你知道这里发生了什么 不是吗 |
[45:52] | What happened to Mr. Gates. | 你晓得盖茨先生的下场 |
[45:54] | I’ve never been under any illusions of what he’s capable of, | 我从没低估过他的能耐 |
[45:57] | – but this is just too– – Eleanor. | -但这次真的太.. -埃莉诺 |
[45:59] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[46:02] | What? | 什么 |
[46:03] | For as long as I can remember, | 在我的记忆里 |
[46:04] | you have told me how important Captain Flint is | 你跟我说过弗林特船长的重要性 |
[46:07] | to the future of this place, to your future. | 他对这里和你的未来有多重要 |
[46:10] | You have put money behind him. | 你把宝压在他身上 |
[46:12] | You have put your credibility behind him. | 你相信他 |
[46:13] | And now you would resist him? | 而现在你却要对抗他吗 |
[46:16] | Join with Captain Vane against him? | 帮着韦恩船长对付他 |
[46:17] | This isn’t about taking sides. | 这不是站在哪一边的问题 |
[46:19] | It’s about protecting the fort, protecting Nassau. | 这事关保卫堡垒 守卫拿骚 |
[46:21] | Eleanor, you need to ask yourself | 埃莉诺 你得问问你自己 |
[46:24] | what you want, | 你想要什么 |
[46:27] | where your loyalties are… | 你忠于谁 |
[46:30] | and whom do you trust? | 你又信任谁 |
[47:30] | I didn’t do it for you. | 我不是为了你才那么做的 |
[48:32] | Six men. Maybe seven. | 六个人 或者七个 |
[48:35] | That should be achievable now. | 现在已经可以了 |
[48:38] | And with just this week’s till, | 这星期之内 |
[48:40] | we can most likely acquire a piragua. | 我们基本就能搞到一个独木舟 |
[48:44] | It’ll be a small start. | 这将是一个小小的起步 |
[48:49] | We’re gonna sail again. | 我们快要重新扬帆起航了 |
[49:02] | What the fuck are you waiting for? | 你他妈还在磨蹭什么 |
[49:35] | Did he see you come up? | 他看见你来这儿了吗 |
[50:39] | What is it? | 看着我干嘛 |
[50:43] | There’s something I need to show you. | 我要给你看点东西 |
[51:11] | That is the crown jewel taken from the Good Fortune prize. | 这就是好运气号战利品中的无上至宝 |
[51:16] | Her father is Lord Peter Ashe, | 她父亲是彼得·艾什勋爵 |
[51:18] | governor of the Carolina colony. | 卡罗莱纳殖民地的总督 |
[51:21] | Low recorded in his log | 洛在他的航海日志里记录了 |
[51:22] | the ransom amount he intended to demand. | 他打算索要的赎金数额 |
[51:24] | 250,000 pounds. | 25万英镑 |
[51:28] | They sedated her. | 他们给她服了镇静剂 |
[51:30] | Soon as she wakes, | 她一醒来 |
[51:30] | I’ll get her particulars and go ransom her myself. | 我就带着她的东西亲自去换赎金 |
[51:34] | Lord Ashe won’t be trifled with. | 艾什勋爵可容不得戏弄 |
[51:36] | I have no intentions of trifling with him. | 我没打算戏弄他 |
[51:38] | He’s hanged men for merely suspecting them of piracy. | 他曾经仅因为怀疑手下有海盗行为就绞死了他们 |
[51:42] | He’s fanatical about exterminating men like you. | 他热衷于消灭你这样的人 |
[51:44] | Eleanor, I wasn’t asking permission. | 埃莉诺 我不是在征得你的允许 |
[51:49] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道我在做什么 |
[52:02] | I told the men what you asked. | 我按你说的跟大伙儿都说了 |
[52:04] | They’re not pleased. | 他们不太高兴 |
[52:13] | Good. | 很好 |
[52:15] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[52:16] | Once you go down this road, | 一旦你选择了这条路 |
[52:19] | what if there’s no turning back? | 如果无法回头怎么办 |
[52:39] | I know how you all must feel. | 我知道你们大家的感受 |
[52:43] | How desperate you must be to go home | 你们有多么渴望回家 |
[52:47] | and be embraced by Nassau again. | 多么渴望回到拿骚 |
[52:50] | But I’m here to tell you, | 但我要告诉你们 |
[52:54] | that place no longer exists. | 那里已经物是人非了 |
[52:57] | It has been taken from us by a madman. | 一个疯子把它从我们手中夺走了 |
[53:01] | Held hostage by threat of force | 他以武力俘虏人质 |
[53:04] | that no one on the island seems able to resist. | 岛上几乎无人能反抗 |
[53:08] | Now I would like to say | 现在我想说的是 |
[53:12] | that the Urca beckons us. | 厄卡号在召唤我们 |
[53:14] | That we should look the other way. | 我们应该另谋出路 |
[53:16] | That the affairs of the beach should never take precedence | 海滩上的事儿远远没有 |
[53:20] | over those of the purse. | 金钱来得重要 |
[53:21] | But in this case, these issues would seem to be one and the same. | 但在这种情况下 这些事都是一个整体 |
[53:28] | Even if we could make it ashore safely, | 即使我们能够平安靠岸 |
[53:31] | even if we could refit amidst the chaos that has been sown, | 即使我们能在混乱当中休整好 |
[53:35] | even if we could ignore all of this | 即使我们能够忽略这一切 |
[53:37] | and go on to win the Urca’s gold, what then? | 拿下了厄卡号的财宝 然后呢 |
[53:41] | We return home only to have Vane extort from us | 我们回到家也只能任韦恩敲诈 |
[53:45] | the very prize that we have sacrificed so much to win? | 我们牺牲众多换来的至宝都将被他拿走 |
[53:50] | Nassau was unable to resist him. | 在拿骚没人能反抗他 |
[53:55] | But we have yet to have our say. | 但我们现在还可以选择 |
[53:58] | So at sunrise tomorrow, | 所以在明天日落之前 |
[54:01] | we make our terms clear with no room | 我们要明确目标 |
[54:04] | for bargain or compromise. | 绝不退让 绝不妥协 |
[54:06] | Charles Vane and the animals he commands | 查尔斯·韦恩和他的爪牙们 |
[54:10] | have until sunrise tomorrow to vacate that fort | 明天日落前将滚出堡垒 |
[54:14] | or so help me God… | 上帝保佑 |
[54:18] | I will rain holy hell down upon him. | 我将亲手送他下地狱 |