| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [04:09] | Tough day. | 艰难的一天 |
| [04:11] | Meg was amazing. Really beautiful. | Meg令人惊艳 太美了 |
| [04:13] | Which is a sweet way | 能被这么告知我是一个糟糕的父亲 |
| [04:14] | of telling me I’m a terrible father. | 这真是一个贴心的方式 |
| [04:16] | Or maybe I’m just trying to tell you | 或许我只是想告诉你 |
| [04:17] | -what you’re missing. -Alex. | -你错过了什么 -Alex |
| [04:19] | Late is late. Late is not “Don’t care.” | 迟到就是迟到 迟到不代表”我不关心” |
| [04:21] | You just watch out for those tough days, | 你只是小心提防着那些艰难的日子 |
| [04:22] | Daniel, because they have a sneaky way of destroying your liver. | Daniel 因为它们会在无形中毁掉你的肝 |
| [04:26] | I thought we’d treat the kids to an | 我想我们在路上应该带孩子们 |
| [04:28] | Indian on the way home. | 吃一顿印度大餐 |
| [04:29] | I’ve got to go. Business to do. | 我要走了 我还有正事要干 |
| [04:33] | Well, you can tell Meg yourself. | 好吧 你可以自己告诉Meg |
| [04:35] | Well I came, didn’t I? I turned up. | 我来了 不是么 我出现了 |
| [04:37] | Yeah. Yeah, I think you really believe that. | 对 对 我想你对此深信不疑 |
| [04:46] | You got it all from me, didn’t you? Fantastic. | 你深得我真传啊 不是么 太精彩了 |
| [04:50] | Hey mate, was that a pas de deux or a pas de don’t? | 嘿 宝贝 那是个双人芭蕾还是个人秀 |
| [04:54] | -Hello, mate. -Hi, Dad. | -你好啊 孩子 -你好 爸爸 |
| [04:55] | -All right, son? -All right, Dad. | – 一切都好么 儿子 -很好 爸爸 |
| [04:56] | OK, I’m sorry, I’m going to have to go again… work. | 好的 抱歉 我又要走了 去工作 |
| [04:59] | Why can’t it wait till the morning? | 为什么不能等到明早呢 |
| [05:02] | Because people who matter won’t wait till the morning. | 因为和工作有关的人不会等到明早的 |
| [05:04] | Listen, I’m going to give it up, my job. | 听着 我要辞职了 |
| [05:06] | Who wants to be a local councillor all their life? | 谁想一辈子做个地方议员 |
| [05:08] | We’ll open a shop. Dancing shoes. | 我们要开个店 卖舞鞋 |
| [05:10] | -How does that sound? -Dad, it sounds like bullshit. | -听起来怎么样 -爸 这就是胡诌 |
| [05:13] | Daniel, look, you look really tired, why don’t you just come home | Daniel 你看起来很累 你为什么不直接回家 |
| [05:17] | and get some real sleep? | 好好地睡一觉 |
| [05:18] | You have no idea how good that sounds. | 你不知道那个主意有多棒 |
| [05:20] | I’ll go and do this and I’ll be head-on-the-pillow by eleven. | 我会这样做的 11点我就躺在床上了 |
| [05:23] | Twelve at the latest. | 最迟12点 |
| [07:10] | Nice shoes. | 鞋很正嘛 |
| [07:17] | You noticed my shoes? | 你注意我的鞋 |
| [07:19] | How could I miss them? | 我怎能错过它们 |
| [07:22] | You never came to say hello. | 你从来不打招呼 |
| [07:24] | I just did. | 我不是刚打过么 |
| [07:39] | This is Daniel Demoys. Leave a message. | 我是Daniel Demoys 有事请留言 |
| [08:26] | Why do you always have to be late? | 你为什么总是迟到 |
| [08:31] | What’s that stink? | 那是什么臭味 |
| [08:33] | Oh, it’s us. How did that happen, Henry? | 喔 是我们 怎么会这样 Henry |
| [08:37] | -How did what happen? -You and me. | -怎么会哪样 -我和你 |
| [08:38] | How did we end up the blokes who meet down a dark alley | 我们怎样处置大晚上在暗巷里遇到的家伙呢 |
| [08:41] | late at night? That wasn’t the plan. | 这不在计划之中 |
| [08:43] | How did we end up the bastards? | 我们怎样处理那些无赖呢 |
| [08:44] | Danny! You cut this crap. You’re beginning to sound like a drunk. | Danny 别废话 你说起话来就像个酒鬼 |
| [08:49] | You get your act together. | 你可得机灵点 |
| [09:00] | How can they do it at this price? How do you think? | 他们怎能为这点钱干这个 你怎么想的 |
| [09:03] | They’ll hire your staff and pay them less. | 他们雇你的员工 只给这么点钱 |
| [09:05] | You’re not the only one who can sell a bag of bullshit | 你把一包废物卖给议会 告诉他们 |
| [09:07] | to the council and call it “New, improved services”. | 这是”新改良服务” 你不是唯一一个 |
| [09:10] | They can’t pull it off at this price, it’s not possible. | 出这个价他们可没法完成任务 这不可能 |
| [09:12] | No-one gives a shit | 他们要是完成的话 |
| [09:14] | if they can pull it off. “Are they cheap?” | 就不会给一坨屎了 “他们廉价是么?” |
| [09:15] | “Yeah, they are.” “Do we like it?” | “他们就是” “我们喜欢它么” |
| [09:17] | -“Yeah, we do.” -I can’t beat this, Danny. | -“是的 我们喜欢” -这无法避免 Danny |
| [09:19] | Ah, well, then they get the deal! | 啊 好吧 然后他们成交了 |
| [09:22] | They get the deal? Is that what you’re saying to me? | 他们成交了 这是你该说给我听的么 |
| [09:25] | So we shake hands… | 所以我们成交了 |
| [09:26] | nice doing business with you down a dark alley. | 和你在一条暗巷里做了这笔交易 |
| [09:29] | Is that it? | 是那样么 |
| [09:31] | You think I’m here with you because I like you, | 你觉得我和你在这里是因为我喜欢你 |
| [09:34] | because we’re mates, because you matter one bit to me? | 因为我们是合作伙伴 因为你对我来说还有点用 |
| [09:37] | You take my money, son. Do you know what that means? | 你拿了我的钱 孩子 你知道那意味着什么 |
| [09:40] | That means I own you, Danny boy. | 那意味着你是我的 Danny小弟弟 |
| [09:43] | I know everything there is to know about you, son. | 我知道你的全部 孩子 |
| [09:45] | I know where the money goes, and I will use that. | 我知道钱往哪里去 我会用它们的 |
| [09:50] | You want your kids to know what a whore-loving scumbag you are? | 你是想让你的孩子们知道你是个嫖妓的人渣么 |
| [09:56] | Eh? You get me what I need, or I’ll destroy you. | 啊 你给我我要的 不然我就毁了你 |
| [10:00] | You understand? You are mine. | 你懂么 你是我的人 |
| [10:25] | Charlie! Are you dressed, sweetheart? | Charlie 衣服穿好了么 甜心 |
| [10:27] | Do you want a bacon sandwich? | 你想要个培根三明治么 |
| [10:39] | It’s all right, Charlie. Just cut me hand. | 没事 Charlie 我只是割了手 |
| [10:45] | It’s OK. Have your breakfast. | 没事 吃早餐吧 |
| [11:03] | Come on, come on. | 快 快 |
| [11:09] | Dad, come on! | 老爸 快 |
| [11:11] | Luke, Luke, come on, sweetheart, are you up? | Luke Luke 快点 甜心 你起了没 |
| [11:17] | You leave the window open and the seat down? | 你窗户没关 还把椅子弄倒了 |
| [11:19] | I need to know you’re up. | 我需要知道你们都起了 |
| [11:20] | I’m going in ten minutes, now come on! | 我还有10分钟就要走了 现在快点 |
| [11:22] | -What’ve you done to your hand? -Luke! | -你对你的手做了什么 -Luke |
| [11:25] | Eddie Dayton was smashed last night,took me down with him. | Eddie Dayton昨晚被撞了 还连累了我 |
| [11:29] | -How’s your hangover? -Beautiful! | -宿醉怎么样了 -太棒了 |
| [11:42] | -So, how did you get home? -I got a cab. -I didn’t hear it. | -那么 你怎么回家的 -打的 -我没听见声 |
| [11:46] | I got a quiet cab. | 我打了辆安静的出租 |
| [11:49] | Do you even know how you got back? | 你知道你怎么回来的么 |
| [11:51] | Automatic pilot. | 自动驾驶仪 |
| [11:53] | You know, Daniel, there are times, when you’ve had a drink, | 你知道的 Daniel 有好几次了 当你喝完酒 |
| [11:56] | and you have such a look… it’s like you’re not here. | 你看起来 就好像你不在这儿一样 |
| [11:58] | It’s called having fun. You used to join in. | 那叫作乐 你原来也这样 |
| [12:01] | No, it’s called alcoholic blackout. | 不 这叫醉酒性暂时意识丧失 |
| [12:03] | Whole conversations, you don’t remember them. | 所有的对话 你都记不得了 |
| [12:05] | Well, maybe there’s a reason for that. | 好吧 可能是有原因 |
| [12:08] | It’s the bids and tenders today I’ve got to get moving. | 今天招投标 我要走了 |
| [12:12] | Daniel, while you were out, I started looking on the internet. | Daniel 你出去的时候 我上网查了 |
| [12:15] | Now, people think that blackout’s just memory loss… | 现在 人们认为暂时性意识丧失只是失忆 |
| [12:18] | Alex, I like getting lashed sometimes. | Alex 我有时喜欢被讽刺 |
| [12:20] | That makes me normal. Step outside everybody’s doing it. | 这让我觉得自己很平凡 在外面每个人都这样 |
| [12:23] | “When I drink, it’s like I die. | “当我喝酒的时候 好像死了一样 |
| [12:24] | Another person takes over my body, | 另一个人接管了我的身体 |
| [12:26] | “Talks for me, thinks for me.” | “为我说话 为我思考” |
| [12:28] | Big word, alcoholic. Do you see a man | 说明白点 酒鬼 你看到一个人 |
| [12:30] | with a string tied around his coat, or a man going to work? | 穿着绑绳子的衣服去上班的么 |
| [12:32] | “It’s like I am not present in my own life…” | “好像我不活在自己生活中一般” |
| [12:35] | Who is chairing the bids and tenders meeting, | 谁主持招投标会议 |
| [12:37] | if he can only get out of the house. | 只要他能走出屋子 |
| [12:39] | “Getting to the airport, or getting on the plane. | “到达机场还是登上飞机 |
| [12:42] | “It’s that I wasn’t conscious in my own mind when I did it! | “当我做事的时候我没意识 |
| [12:45] | “I am here, but I’m gone.” | “我在这 但我实际上离开了” |
| [12:47] | Yeah. Some people just can’t get enough melodrama. | 对 有些人可不能接受那一出出闹剧 |
| [12:49] | I’m gone, too. To work. | 我也走了 去工作 |
| [12:56] | Charlie, get your coat on, sweetheart. | Charlie 穿上衣服 甜心 |
| [12:59] | You all right, Chaz? | 你好么 Chaz |
| [13:10] | Sometimes I wish you didn’t make it home. | 有时候我希望你别把这当家 |
| [13:15] | Well, let me know when | 好吧 让我知道他们 |
| [13:17] | them times are and I’ll sleep on Eddie’s sofa! | 的作息 然后我会睡在Eddie的沙发上 |
| [13:21] | You think we can just carry on like this, do you? | 你觉得我们还能这样继续下去 是么 |
| [13:23] | Just having the same battles, over and over? | 每次吵一样的东西 一次又一次 |
| [13:27] | I don’t want to live like this any more. | 我不想再过这样的生活了 |
| [13:38] | Will you drop Charlie off on your way in? | 你能顺路送一下Charlie么 |
| [14:04] | -Will you pick me up tonight, Dad? -Yeah. Course I will. | -你今晚会接我么 老爸 -是的 当然 |
| [14:09] | -I need some money for a drink. -All right, buy juice. | -我想要一些钱买喝的 -好的 买果汁 |
| [14:12] | Not the fizzy stuff. | 不要喝碳酸饮料 |
| [14:23] | Here you are. Tonight. | 给你 今晚 |
| [14:28] | Go on. | 走吧 |
| [15:08] | Sorry I’m late, my son was sick. | 不好意思 迟到了 我儿子病了 |
| [15:13] | So, we’re down to two bidders | 所以 我们今天要完成两笔投标 |
| [15:16] | and we’ve got them both in this morning | 我们今天早上拿下俩 |
| [15:18] | to give their pitch. | 给他们报价 |
| [15:19] | I’ll start with… | 我开始从 |
| [15:21] | -Daniel, you haven’t heard? -Heard what? | -Daniel 你没听见么 -听见什么 |
| [15:26] | I’ve been trying to call you all morning. | 我打你电话打了一个上午了 |
| [15:30] | Henry Pulis is in a coma. | Henry Pulis在昏迷中 |
| [15:35] | He was attacked last night. | 他昨晚被袭击了 |
| [15:38] | It sounds like he was mugged or worse. | 听起来他像被行凶抢劫或者更糟 |
| [15:43] | Danny! You cut this crap. You’re beginning to sound like a drunk. | Danny 少废话 你听起来像个酒鬼 |
| [15:48] | You get your act together. | 你给我机灵点 |
| [15:56] | We can’t renew the contract | 我们不能重订合同 |
| [15:58] | until we find out how Henry’s doing. | 除非我们知道Henry怎么样了 |
| [15:59] | I had no idea. | 我不知道 |
| [16:01] | My boy was sick so I just | 我儿子病了 所以我 |
| [16:03] | dived in the car and drove straight here. | 上车直接开到了这儿 |
| [16:05] | We’ll reschedule the meeting. | 我们要给会议重新排个日程 |
| [16:08] | We’ve had some flowers sent over to the hospital. | 我们要把花送到医院 |
| [16:11] | What’s going on out there, eh? | 我们接下来干嘛 嗯 |
| [16:12] | If you don’t mind, Eddie, since we’re rescheduling, | 如果你不介意 Eddie 既然要重排日程 |
| [16:15] | I’ll go and see how my boy is. | 那我就走了 去看看我孩子怎么样了 |
| [16:17] | I’ll call the hospital on the way and see how Henry’s doing. | 我会在路上打电话给医院 看看Henry怎么样了 |
| [16:19] | Just turn on the radio, it’s all over the news. | 打开收音机 都在新闻里 |
| [16:26] | NEWSREADER: Prominent local businessman Henry Pulis | 新闻广播员:入院治疗的杰出地方议员Henry Pulis |
| [16:29] | is in a critical condition in hospital today. | 今日处于病危状态 |
| [16:32] | Police are describing it | 警方把它描述为 |
| [16:33] | as a brutal attack in the city last night. | 昨晚在城市中的野蛮袭击 |
| [16:36] | Pulis is a key player in the fulfilment of council… | Pulis是议会中的关键人物 |
| [16:42] | Shocked at the incident… | 对这个事件我深感震惊 |
| [16:43] | How can they do it at this price? | 他们怎能为这点钱干这个 |
| [16:45] | How do you think? Hire your staff and pay them less. | 你怎么想的 他们雇了你的员工 却只给这么点钱 |
| [17:30] | Hello? | 你好 |
| [17:59] | Luke, what are you doing? Why aren’t you at school? | Luke 你在干嘛 为什么你不在学校 |
| [18:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
| [18:05] | I want to go in, I get up, I get dressed, | 我想去的 我起床 穿衣服 |
| [18:09] | I think about it and then I can’t do it. | 我想这样 但我做不到 |
| [18:13] | You’ve been warned, haven’t you? | 你被警告了 是么 |
| [18:15] | You start taking days off again, you’ll be excluded. | 你又开始请假了 你会被开除的 |
| [18:21] | You’ve been excluded. What a mess! | 你被开除了 真是一团糟 |
| [18:27] | We’ll get your mum to speak to the headmistress, | 我们会让你妈妈和校长谈谈 |
| [18:30] | tell them you’ve got a phobia or something, | 说你得了恐惧症或者其他什么 |
| [18:32] | they’ll have you back. | 他们会让你回来的 |
| [18:33] | No… | 不 |
| [18:39] | What? | 什么 |
| [18:45] | You scare me when you have that look. | 你那样子吓着我了 |
| [18:50] | What look? | 什么样子 |
| [18:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
| [18:58] | I don’t want to scare you any more. | 我不会再吓你了 |
| [19:28] | Charlie! Come on! | Charlie 快 |
| [19:34] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
| [19:40] | Come on, son! Come on, Charlie. | 快 儿子 快 Charlie |
| [19:48] | You think I’m here because I like you, because we’re mates, | 你觉得我在这因为我喜欢你 因为我们是合作伙伴 |
| [19:51] | because you matter one bit to me. | 因为你对我来说还有点用 |
| [19:54] | You take my money, son, do you know what that means? | 你拿了我的钱 孩子 你知道我什么意思 |
| [19:59] | That means I own you, Danny boy. | 那意味着我拥有你 小Danny |
| [20:02] | You want your kids to know what a whore-loving scumbag you are? | 你想让你孩子知道你是个喜欢妓女的卑鄙小人么? |
| [20:23] | Charlie, I’ve got to go. I’ll come back, I promise. | Charlie 我要走了 我会回来的 我保证 |
| [20:34] | ANSWERPHONE: Hi, this is Alex, please leave a message. | 答录机:你好 这是Alex 有事请留言 |
| [20:38] | Alex, I’m sorry. | Alex 抱歉 |
| [20:41] | This is all my doing, you’ve no idea how sorry I am. | 这就是我做的 你不知道我有多抱歉 |
| [20:45] | You don’t deserve this. | 你不该承受这些的 |
| [20:49] | Just take care of the kids, please. | 照顾好孩子们 |
| [21:02] | Whatever you want, Daniel, will get laughed away. | 不管你要什么 Daniel 都只是一笑了之 |
| [21:05] | Just give me five minutes, it’s serious. | 就给我五分钟 我是认真的 |
| [21:07] | You turn up here, not once do you ever come and see your sister, | 你来这儿没有一次是看你姐姐的 |
| [21:09] | you come and see a lawyer. | 你是来这里是见一名律师的 |
| [21:10] | Let me just tell you… | 先听我说… |
| [21:11] | Whether it’s a mistake, you’re blameless, | 无论有没有错 你都是清白的 |
| [21:13] | but it could get awkward because some woman is making up stories. | 但事情会变得棘手 因为一些女人总是编造故事 |
| [21:15] | Is that about it? | 你是不是想说这个 |
| [21:17] | I wish it was, this is nobody’s fault but mine. | 我倒希望是 这次真的是我错了 |
| [21:18] | I know that. | 我知道 |
| [21:19] | Can I ask you, because I have been wondering for some years now, | 我可以问你吗 因为这几年来我一直很疑惑 |
| [21:21] | don’t you ever get sick of yourself? | 你有没有厌烦自己 |
| [21:23] | Nearly every day. | 几乎每天 |
| [21:24] | That’s why I’m here. | 那就是我在这里的原因 |
| [21:29] | You want a lawyer, Google one. | 你想要找律师 百度一下 |
| [21:45] | Don’t feel you have to say anything, | 你不必说话 |
| [21:47] | even if they try to press you, | 即使他们逼你 |
| [21:48] | leave all the questions to me, OK? | 把所有问题都留给我 懂了吗 |
| [21:55] | Nelson Fenner | Nelson Fenner had the |
| [21:57] | courage to speak out in the witness box today. | 能够在今天出庭作证是鼓足了勇气的 |
| [22:00] | He knew what we were asking him to do would put him at risk | 即使他知道我们要求他做的事会使他处于危险之中 |
| [22:02] | but he wanted to do the right thing. | 但是 他想要做正确的事 |
| [22:04] | Nelson named names because he | Nelson之所以要公开指证是因为 |
| [22:06] | wants the dealers at our school gates to be stopped. | 他希望可以阻止校门口的小贩 |
| [22:10] | He believes that something has to be done about the rule of fear | 他坚信 对于这些恐怖统治我们必须采取行动 |
| [22:14] | that exists on his own estate, | 而这些恐怖就笼罩自己的这片土地上 |
| [22:16] | a no-go area for the police. | 连警察也对他们束手无策 |
| [22:19] | He knew that someone had to do something | 他知道这个时候必须有人站出来 |
| [22:22] | for young people like his brother. | 为了那些和他弟弟一样的孩子们 |
| [22:26] | He knew that he would be the one. | 他知道他必须肩负起这个使命 |
| [23:08] | Alison | Alison? |
| [23:12] | Is that it, have I paid? | 这是报应么 我算赎罪了么 |
| [23:18] | Help us! | 救命 |
| [23:22] | Help me, please! | 帮帮我 拜托 |
| [24:00] | Do you know what you did? | 你知道你做了什么吗 |
| [24:07] | Do you know why you did it? | 你知道你为什么要这么做吗 |
| [24:11] | It happened so fast. | 发生得太快了 |
| [24:14] | It wasn’t like I thought. | 那并不是我想要的 |
| [24:20] | Daniel | Daniel… |
| [24:23] | Daniel, if I ask you something, | Daniel 如果我问你一些问题 |
| [24:26] | will you tell me the truth? | 你会告诉我真相吗 |
| [24:31] | Don’t I always? | 我什么时候骗过你 |
| [24:33] | That message… you sounded gone. | 那条留言…听上去你想是要走了 |
| [24:40] | Was it because of what I said, “I’ve had enough”? | 是不是因为我说我受够了 |
| [24:48] | I wasn’t thinking that clear. | 我当时没有想那么多 |
| [24:51] | It wasn’t because of you. | 不是因为你 |
| [24:54] | And you were right. | 而且 你是对的 |
| [24:56] | Why should you put up with me? | 你为什么要忍受我这个人 |
| [25:00] | What were you doing there anyway? | 你去那里干什么 |
| [25:04] | Why did you go and see Lucy? | 你为什么会去见Lucy |
| [25:12] | Daniel | Daniel? |
| [25:14] | Why do you think? | 你为什么会这么想 |
| [25:18] | My wife tells me she’s had enough of me, | 我老婆说她受够我了 |
| [25:21] | no one kicks me into shape like Lucy. | 没有人能像 Lucy那样让我乖乖听话 |
| [25:48] | Police said… Patrick, | 警察说…Patrick |
| [25:50] | they have CCTV footage of a woman running away. | 他们的监控摄像拍到一个逃跑的女人 |
| [25:57] | In the red light area of town. | 就在城里的红灯区 |
| [26:02] | They found Dad in an alleyway near there. | 他们就是在那附近的一个小巷里找到我爸爸的 |
| [26:06] | Why was he there? | 他怎么会在那 |
| [26:46] | Who’s a lucky cowboy? | 看看谁是幸运牛仔 |
| [26:51] | Your hand’s pretty much gone. | 你的手差一点就废了 |
| [26:58] | Well, you’ll need a lot of physio. | 你需要做一系列的理疗 |
| [27:01] | The doctor is supposed to tell you all this | 这些事本来应该由医生告诉你的 |
| [27:03] | but most of them look | 但大多数医生看起来 |
| [27:05] | about 12 so how can you take them seriously? | 就像小毛孩 你哪能指望他们 |
| [27:08] | Your neck will be scarred pretty badly but look at it this way, | 你的脖子上将会留下很难看的疤痕 但换个角度想 |
| [27:11] | it’s a miracle he didn’t hit an artery. | 它没有伤到动脉 就已经是个奇迹了 |
| [27:15] | He was inches away from the head. | 它离头部就几英寸 |
| [27:17] | -You should be in heaven. -Or hell. | -不然你就上天堂了 -或者下地狱 |
| [27:22] | Look for life’s blessings every day. | 我们应每天寻找神灵的庇佑 |
| [27:28] | Do you believe that? | 你信那个么 |
| [27:31] | My mother used to say it, she was quite religious. | 我母亲是一个虔诚的宗教徒 她过去经常这样对我说 |
| [27:42] | Donna | Donna. |
| [27:46] | Do you want drugs? The pain? | 你想要一些药物吗 缓解疼痛的 |
| [27:53] | The pain is bearable. | 这痛还是能忍受的 |
| [27:54] | That already makes you a rarity. | 你还真是一朵奇葩 |
| [27:57] | Everybody wants as many drugs as they can get. | 其他人可是尽可能多的搜刮这些药物 |
| [28:02] | I don’t want to big you up | 我虽然不想给你戴高帽子 |
| [28:04] | but I’ve never seen anything like what you did. | 但是我从没有见到有谁能像你那样做 |
| [28:06] | People don’t use these words any more | 人们早已不会在用这些词了 |
| [28:09] | but it was like you sacrificed yourself. | 但这就像是你牺牲了自己 |
| [28:11] | It just happened. | 它就那么发生了 |
| [28:13] | No, things like that don’t just happen. | 不 像你那样的壮举不只是发生 |
| [28:16] | You did a different thing. | 你做了一件与众不同的事 |
| [28:19] | That makes you a rarity. | 你将因此而独一无二 |
| [28:24] | Have you any idea how famous you are? | 你知道你现在到底多有名吗 |
| [28:59] | Hi, girls. | 嗨 孩子们 |
| [29:01] | Dad. Daddy! | 爸爸 |
| [29:07] | OK, pick a hand, pick a hand. | 猜猜是哪只手 快猜猜 |
| [29:09] | That one. Thank you. | 那只 谢谢 |
| [29:13] | OK, girls, why don’t you get ready for bed? | 好了 孩子们 你们是不是该去准备睡觉了 |
| [29:15] | Now give me another kiss. | 来 再来个晚安吻 |
| [29:16] | -Night, night. -Night, darling. | -晚安 安啦 -晚安 亲爱的 |
| [29:21] | Brush your teeth. | 记得刷牙 |
| [29:26] | What you doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
| [29:28] | I just saw those little things, | 我只是突然看到这些小玩意儿 |
| [29:29] | thought the girls might like them. | 我猜她们应该会喜欢 |
| [29:31] | It could wait till the weekend. | 你可以等到这个周末再给 |
| [29:33] | I can act on impulse, can’t I? | 我就不能心血来潮吗 |
| [29:34] | Let them know I’m thinking about them. | 让她们知道我无时无刻不想着她们 |
| [29:36] | It just helps me to know when you’re coming. | 那样至少可以让我知道你什么时候来 |
| [29:39] | Yeah… Not to just turn up. | 不要这么突然出现了 |
| [29:40] | I know that, but if they know | 我知道 但如果她们知道 |
| [29:42] | that I’m thinking about them, then they know that… | 我在时刻想着她们 那么她们就会知道 |
| [29:44] | I love them. What’s wrong with that? | 我爱她们 我这么做难道错了么 |
| [29:46] | I’m not saying there’s anything wrong. | 我没说你有哪做得不对 |
| [29:48] | I just need you to understand. | 我只是想要你明白 |
| [29:52] | You look different. | 你看起来怪怪的 |
| [29:55] | It’s my make-up. | 是我化了妆的缘故 |
| [29:57] | Please call when you want to come round. | 请你每次过来之前先打个电话 |
| [29:59] | My phone was dead. Have you done something to your hair? | 我手机报废了 你是不是弄了你的头发的 |
| [30:02] | Yeah, I er… | 是的 我… |
| [30:03] | I had it cut. You know me, | 我把它剪了 你是知道我的 |
| [30:05] | I’m always messing with my hair. | 我总是把我的头发弄得乱七八糟 |
| [30:06] | Are you… are you seeing someone? | 你…你是要去见什么人么 |
| [30:08] | I’m not seeing anyone. | 我没有打算去见任何人 |
| [30:09] | It’s none of your business if I am, but I’m not. | 即使有也不关你的事 更何况没有 |
| [30:11] | What, you think I can’t read it in your face? | 什么 你以为我从你的脸上看不出来嘛 |
| [30:13] | What is my business is if you lie to me. | 如果你骗我就关我的事了 |
| [30:15] | Don’t lie to me, Sylvie, don’t… | 不要对我说谎 Sylvie 不要 |
| [30:17] | I deserve the truth. I promised you. I married you. | 我得知道真相 我曾经给过你承诺 你曾经是我的妻子 |
| [30:19] | Do you think I’m stupid? | 你以为我傻啊 |
| [30:21] | I know what the hair’s about. So who is it? | 我知道头发代表了什么 所以 说到底是谁 |
| [30:23] | It’s no one. There’s no one. | 没有 真没有 |
| [30:29] | I’ll find out. | 我会查到的 |
| [30:31] | Please accept this is not about | 你就接受吧 这与其他人无关 |
| [30:33] | another person. It’s about us. | 问题出在我们两人身上 |
| [30:35] | We’re finished.、 | 我们结束了 |
| [30:37] | Please try to see that. | 请你死心吧 |
| [30:45] | I’m going to get proof. | 我会拿到证据的 |
| [30:49] | Then you’ll admit it. | 到时你会承认的 |
| [31:16] | You took my money, son, do you know what that means? | 你拿了我的钱 孩子 你知道那意味着什么吗 |
| [31:19] | That means I own you, Danny boy. | 意味着你必须得听我的 Danny小弟弟 |
| [31:23] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这干什么 |
| [31:29] | Is he going to live? | 他会活过来吗 |
| [31:37] | Come on. | 走吧 |
| [31:54] | What did you want in there? | 那儿有你想要的什么吗 |
| [31:56] | Absolution. | 忏悔 |
| [31:58] | You know him? | 你认识他 |
| [31:59] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
| [32:00] | Survivor guilt? | 幸存者的罪恶 |
| [32:02] | -What? -Why me? | -什么东西 -为什么是我 |
| [32:05] | Why should I live and him die? | 我什么我活着 而他却要死 |
| [32:07] | Why do I deserve it? | 这凭什么是我应得的 |
| [32:11] | Donna | Donna… |
| [32:12] | I’m a drunk. | 我是个酒鬼 |
| [32:16] | I’m a hopeless drunk. | 我是一个无可救药的酒鬼 |
| [32:20] | I never gave a thought to my wife, my kids, my job. | 我从未考虑过我的妻子 孩子和工作 |
| [32:25] | Nothing mattered to me more than getting wasted. | 对我来说除了喝得烂醉 其他都跟我没啥关系 |
| [32:29] | I’ve never admitted that to anyone before. | 我从未向其他人承认过这一点 |
| [32:32] | I don’t know why I’m telling you. | 我不知道为什么我要告诉你 |
| [32:35] | I had to admit it to someone, I suppose. | 我想大概是因为我想找个人倾诉吧 |
| [32:38] | Were you drunk when you did the heroics? | 当你英雄救美时有没有喝醉 |
| [32:44] | I’ve never been so sober in my life. | 一生中从没这么清醒过 |
| [32:48] | When I stood there… | 当我站在那儿 |
| [32:50] | and I heard what that boy had done, a boy… | 听到那个小男孩的所作所为 那个小男孩… |
| [32:56] | Morals and courage, that made me see what a toxic shit I am. | 那么的高尚勇敢 我突然觉得自己就一坨臭狗屎 |
| [33:04] | I felt such shame. | 我感到如此羞愧 |
| [33:06] | And I realised I was sick of being sick. | 然后我意识到我厌倦了这副病态的样子 |
| [33:12] | I think they call it a moment of clarity. | 我想这就是他们所谓的瞬间清醒吧 |
| [33:14] | Who do? | 谁说的 |
| [33:15] | People who have moments of clarity. | 那些瞬间清醒的人 |
| [33:19] | I’ve never said a prayer in my life before. | 我这一生从未祷告过 |
| [33:23] | Well, maybe as a kid, but I never meant it anyway. | 好吧 也许小时候有过 但我从没有把这当真过 |
| [33:26] | I don’t know who I was talking to, I just said… | 我不知道我在和谁说话 我只是站在那说 |
| [33:30] | I’m sick of myself. | 我讨厌我自己 |
| [33:32] | Please show me a way out of this hell.” | 请为我指明一条逃脱这地狱的明路吧 |
| [33:36] | And then I looked up and I saw the kid with the gun. | 就在这时我抬头看见了那个拿枪的孩子 |
| [33:42] | Maybe there is a purpose you don’t know yet. | 也许冥冥之中自有你不知道的定数 |
| [33:45] | For you. To live. | 为了你 为了活着 |
| [33:48] | Just wait and see what comes, and maybe you’ll know. | 你只需默默等待 也许有一天你会知道的 |
| [33:52] | WOMAN ON TV: ..Attempted | 电视中的女人:..试图 |
| [33:53] | drive-by shooting on the steps of the Crown Court. | 开车朝刑事法庭的台阶上射击 |
| [33:55] | It’s thought that Mr Demoys threw himself | 就在这时Demoys先生冲到了 |
| [33:58] | in front of the intended victim Nelson Venner, | 正在为城市贩毒集团出庭作证的证人 |
| [34:00] | who’d been testifying against drug gangs in the city. | 也就是该枪击事件的目标Nelson Venner前 |
| [34:03] | Tributes to Mr Demoys have been pouring in, | 对Demoys先生的赞扬如潮水一般涌来 |
| [34:05] | praising his bravery and hailing him a national hero. | 大家纷纷赞扬他的勇气 并高呼他为民族英雄 |
| [34:10] | As videos of the shooting have circulated on social media, | 随着枪击视频在社会媒体中的流传 |
| [34:13] | Demoys has gained something of a cult status, | Demoys拥有了一大批狂热的粉丝 |
| [34:16] | leading to speculation that he should be given greater prominence | 人们纷纷推测 他可以给市议会 |
| [34:19] | in the city council whilst he recovers from his injuries. | 带来更好的前景 同时他的伤势也在逐渐好转 |
| [34:23] | In the past few moments, | 在过去的一段时间里 |
| [34:24] | Nelson Venner was asked to comment | Nelson Venner被邀请来评价 |
| [34:25] | on speculations that Mr | Demoys先生可能获得较高政治呼声 |
| [34:27] | Demoys may now have a higher political calling. | 的一系列猜测 |
| [34:30] | People keep saying to me, “Why can’t we have a man like him | 民众不断的对我说 我们为什么不能有像他一样的人 |
| [34:33] | To run the city? All the other guys are just same old, same old, | 来管理我们的城市 其他一些人都是一帮老骨头 |
| [34:37] | But Daniel Demoys, he’s got guts. | 但是Daniel Demoys 他胆识过人 |
| [34:41] | The whole world has seen that.” | 全世界都见证了这一点 |
| [34:42] | Political communications | 政治传播学 |
| [34:44] | director Jerry Durrans refused to be drawn | 教授Jerry Durrans拒绝对 |
| [34:46] | on the impact the shooting | 枪击事件 |
| [34:48] | might have on the forthcoming mayoral election. | 可能对接下来市长竞选的影响做出评价 |
| [35:06] | Sorry to disturb you. It’s all right, I was awake. | 对不起 打扰你了 没事 我已经醒了 |
| [35:11] | I wanted to say… what you did… | 我想说…对于你的壮举… |
| [35:15] | I have so much admiration. | 我真的无比钦佩 |
| [35:19] | It’s given me something to hang onto. | 它给了我继续坚持下去的动力 |
| [35:22] | I’m sorry. Do you know who I am? | 不好意思 你知道我是谁吗 |
| [35:25] | Henry Pulis’ daughter. | Henry Pulis的女儿 |
| [35:27] | Ruth | Ruth. |
| [35:29] | I’ve seen you with him sometimes. | 你和他在一起的时候我见过几次 |
| [35:35] | What I just told you, it’s not the truth. | 我刚才和你说的 并不是真话 |
| [35:40] | I didn’t come here to say those things. | 不是为了说那些话而来这里的 |
| [35:43] | I came in here because I saw you walking with the nurse | 我之所以来这儿是因为我看见你和护士走在一起 |
| [35:46] | and I thought… | 所以 我想… |
| [35:47] | you can help me. | 你可以帮我 |
| [35:51] | I don’t know how I can do that. | 我不知道我能做什么 |
| [35:52] | You know my father. | 你了解我父亲 |
| [35:54] | A little. | 一点而已 |
| [35:56] | The police are saying | 警方说 |
| [35:57] | things about him because of where he was found. | 这件事情的关键在于他被发现的地方 |
| [36:00] | It’s in the papers now. | 报纸上现在都这么说 |
| [36:02] | Everybody believes that’s what he was doing. | 人们都相信他在那做着什么不见光的事情 |
| [36:06] | How can they say that? They don’t know him like I do. | 他们怎么能这么说 他们根本不了解他 |
| [36:11] | I know the kind of man your father was. | 我知道你父亲曾经是个什么样的人 |
| [36:13] | Is. | 是现在 |
| [36:15] | He’s still alive. | 他还活着 |
| [36:16] | Of course. I’m sorry. | 是的 我很抱歉 |
| [36:20] | I want him to wake up. | 我多么希望他醒过来 |
| [36:21] | -I can’t bear it. -Ruth, listen to me, | – 我不能忍受这一切 – Ruth 你听我说 |
| [36:23] | what happened to your father | 发生在父亲身上的事情 |
| [36:25] | The police are saying they have more information. The woman. | 警方说他们有了进一步的信息 一个女人 |
| [36:29] | There was another sighting. | 是另一个目击者 |
| [36:31] | A description of her. | 警方这样描述她 |
| [36:33] | She’s young. | 很年轻 |
| [36:35] | Like, in her twenties. | 大概20岁 |
| [36:37] | She was running and crying. Blonde hair. | 一边跑一边哭泣 金色的头发 |
| [36:40] | She was carrying her shoes. They had silver buckles. | 手里拎着鞋 鞋上有银色的扣子 |
| [36:43] | Silver buckles. | 银色的扣子 |
| [36:48] | Can you believe that? | 你相信那些吗 |
| [36:50] | That’s what they’re telling me. That’s all they have… | 那就是他们告诉我的 那是他们所获得的所有信息 |
| [36:53] | -I’m sure… -Will you help me? | – 我相信… – 你会帮我吗 |
| [36:57] | What can I do? | 我能做什么 |
| [37:03] | You talk to the press. | 你去和媒体交谈 |
| [37:06] | Tell them the kind of man your father was. | 告诉他们你父亲是个什么样的人 |
| [37:09] | They have to find this woman. | 他们要找到那个女人 |
| [37:13] | ‘Police investigating the brutal attack’ | 调查本地商人Henry Pulis |
| [37:16] | on local businessman Henry | 被袭击事件的警方 |
| [37:18] | Pulis are pursuing a new line of inquiry. | 目前发现了一条新的线索 |
| [37:20] | CCTV footage released today shows a woman running from the scene | 今天的监控录像显示有位神秘女子当晚 |
| [37:24] | of the assault. | 从袭击现场经过 |
| [37:26] | Detectives have urgently called for her to come forward. | 警察热切希望那位女子可以挺身而出 |
| [37:29] | Someone must know who this woman is. The woman who ran away. | 有些人认识录像上面的女人 那个跑走的女人 |
| [37:34] | The police believe this woman is a prostitute. | 警方认为她很有可能是个妓女 |
| [37:37] | We have to find her. | 我们必须找到她 |
| [37:40] | Please. | 拜托了 |
| [37:43] | It’s thought this brutal attack on a businessman | 这起凶残的袭击事件 |
| [37:45] | so closely tied to the city council, | 被指与市议会密切相关 |
| [37:47] | where he served to strengthen the argument of politicians, | 他的政治论点认为 |
| [37:50] | who are urgently calling for more police on our streets. | 大街上需要更多警察来巡逻 |
| [37:54] | Senior investigating officer DCI Griffin urged people | 高级调查人员DCI Griffin提醒市民 |
| [37:57] | to remain on their guard as concerns grow. | 保持戒心 加强警惕 |
| [38:14] | You parked me in. | 你占了我的停车位 |
| [38:15] | Go easy, Bevan. We’re busy. We’re in a hurry. | 放松点 Bevan 我们现在很忙 我们正赶时间 |
| [38:19] | There’s no conspiracy to park you in. | 又不是计划好要占你的位置 |
| [38:22] | No wonder you can’t find a prostitute. | 难怪你们连一个妓女都找不到 |
| [38:24] | You can’t even find a parking space. | 你们甚至都没办法找到一个停车位 |
| [38:27] | Bevan, you want to know why you never get in | Bevan 你想知道为什么到现在你都没有 |
| [38:30] | on any of the big cases? | 参与过一个大案子吗 |
| [38:33] | You need to look at your attitude. | 你需要好好审视一下自己的态度 |
| [38:37] | Maybe you should be a little bit more… | 也许你需要变得 |
| [38:43] | conducive. | 再成熟一点 |
| [38:48] | Conducive? Yeah. You know? | 成熟 你懂吗 |
| [38:52] | The spirit of cooperation | 合作精神 |
| [38:54] | and the teamwork thing. | 和团队意识 |
| [39:00] | Come on, Griffin. | 快点 Griffin |
| [39:01] | Leave the grudge at home. | 把怨恨锁在家里 |
| [39:05] | Leave that with me. | 可别带着 |
| [39:08] | I’m working on it. | 我会努力这样做 |
| [39:27] | ‘Hello, ICT, how can I help?’ | “嗨 ICT 有什么可以帮助您的吗” |
| [39:30] | Can I speak to Daniel Demoys, please? | 我想和Daniel Demoys通话 |
| [39:34] | ‘Are you from the press?’ | “你是记者么” |
| [39:36] | No, it’s… It’s a personal call. | 不 这只是个私人电话 |
| [39:39] | ‘I can’t just put you through to the ward.’ | “我不能帮你把电话转到病房” |
| [39:43] | Well, can I leave a message? | 可以留个口信吗 |
| [39:45] | ‘Can you leave a name?’ | “你的名字是” |
| [39:47] | No, I don’t really want to leave my name. | 不 我不愿意留我的姓名 |
| [39:51] | ‘I’m sorry. Without a name…’ | “很抱歉 没有名字…” |
| [40:04] | Do you remember what you said to me? | 你还记得对我说的话吗 |
| [40:14] | I thought you were dying. | 我以为你快死了 |
| [40:21] | Do you remember what it was you said? | 你还记得那句话吗 |
| [40:24] | “Beam me up, Scotty”? | “把我传送回去 Scotty” (注:《星际旅行》的一句台词) |
| [40:26] | You didn’t used to make a joke about everything. | 你以前从不开玩笑的 |
| [40:28] | I think I deserve a medal, under the circumstances. | 在这种情况下 我应被授予一块勋章 |
| [40:34] | My brother’s shot. | 我哥哥被枪击了 |
| [40:35] | It gets to me, it’s like… | 这使得我 好像… |
| [40:41] | Isn’t it time we said that’s enough now? | 难道现在就是我们说停止的时候 |
| [40:45] | You look like you’re 17 again. | 你好像回到了17岁的时候 |
| [40:50] | That’s how you sounded when you were a teenager. | 这听起来像你十几岁的时候说的话 |
| [40:58] | What you said was… | 你所说的 |
| [41:03] | “Is that it now? Did I pay?” | “现在成这样了吗 我没有付钱吗” |
| [41:07] | It keeps going round and round my head. “Did I pay?” | 这句话一直徘徊在我脑海中 “我没有付钱吗” |
| [41:10] | Like Meg’s always telling me, I’m a drama queen. | 就像Meg总是告诉我的 我是个戏剧皇后 |
| [41:16] | Daniel… you know Jerry Durrans? | Daniel…你认识Jerry Durrans吗 |
| [41:19] | I know of Jerry Durrans. | 认识 |
| [41:21] | I just wanted to shake your hand, Daniel, | 我只想和你握握手 Daniel |
| [41:23] | tell you personally how grateful I am. | 当面告诉你我有多感谢你 |
| [41:27] | You have single-handedly given this city | 你奋不顾身的行为告诉人们 |
| [41:30] | a politician they can believe in. | 还有政治家值得信任 |
| [41:33] | -That’s all I wanted to say.- But that’s not all. | -那就是我想说的 -但并不能完全表达我的情感 |
| [41:36] | No. But you’ve got to start with the niceties. | 不 但你可以有一个新的开始 |
| [41:39] | Otherwise we’re no better than beasts in the jungle. | 不然我们就和丛林里的野兽差不多 |
| [41:45] | For the first time, | 第一次 |
| [41:46] | this city is going to have a political mayor with real power. | 本市将出现拥有实权的政府市长 |
| [41:50] | Look who the main parties have put forward. | 看看两大党派都推选了谁 |
| [41:53] | Two featherweights… it’s like a pillow fight. | 两个不值一提的对手 真是小打小闹 |
| [41:55] | It’ll just be more and more of the same. | 这种人只会越来越多 |
| [41:57] | You’ve seen the voting figures for the last 20-30 years, | 你也看过这二三十年的票选数据 |
| [42:00] | they just keep falling. Why do you think that is? | 他们支持率在持续下降 你觉得是为什么 |
| [42:03] | Is it apathy? | 是政治冷漠么 |
| [42:04] | Contentment? We’ve all had enough of the well-honed speeches, | 还是知足 我们已经听够了那些冠冕堂皇的演讲 |
| [42:08] | cos when you walk into a hospital today, | 你今天住进医院时 |
| [42:10] | there’s a good chance you’re | 你就有了一个很好的机会 |
| [42:12] | going to pick up something that’s going to kill you. | 让那些对你有害的东西消失 |
| [42:17] | We want you to stand for mayor, Daniel. | 我们想让你去竞选市长 Daniel |
| [42:20] | You think I don’t know? | 你以为我不知道 |
| [42:25] | I’ve been in this game long enough | 我在这行也待很久了 |
| [42:26] | to know what Mr Demoys has been getting up to. | 知道Demoys在干什么好事 |
| [42:29] | The booze, the pills, the women, the gambling… | 酒 药 女人 赌博 |
| [42:33] | -The coke habit. -The coke habit. There you go. | -可乐瘾 -可乐瘾 对 |
| [42:37] | Well, a candidate in treatment. | 治疗中的参选者 |
| [42:39] | It’s pretty sexy. | 很吸引人 |
| [42:43] | I’m just joking. | 我是开玩笑的 |
| [42:45] | Don’t think I don’t take this seriously, Daniel. | 不要以为我不重视这事 Daniel |
| [42:47] | I work long, long hours. | 我加班加点工作 |
| [42:49] | I could’ve very easily gone into business, | 我本可以轻松的下海经商 |
| [42:51] | made some proper money. | 赚很多钱 |
| [42:52] | I certainly had the offers. But I stuck with politics, | 我有门路 但是我心系政治 |
| [42:56] | because there is a stubborn bit of me that still believes. | 因为我仍然有点固执地相信 |
| [42:59] | I can see what is right in front of us. A golden opportunity. | 我知道什么对我们来说是对的 一个天赐良机 |
| [43:03] | If we don’t grab it, | 如果我们不把握住的话 |
| [43:05] | we’re just as plastic as those bastards on the ballot paper. | 我们就和选票上的混蛋一样虚伪了 |
| [43:08] | If I let this go, I would not like myself. | 如果我放弃这次机会 我会恨自己的 |
| [43:11] | If you are mayor of this city, Daniel, in the centre of things, | Daniel 如果你做了市长 手握大权 |
| [43:15] | affecting people’s lives, huh? | 造福人们的生活 |
| [43:19] | You know what you did. | 你知道自己做了什么 |
| [43:21] | Have you any idea of the scale of the impact? | 你知不知道这事影响有多大 |
| [43:24] | -You’re a national hero. -You’re the king dog. | -你现在是民族英雄 -很了不起 |
| [43:27] | If we put your name forward for this election, you will win it. | 如果我们推选你参加这次竞选 你稳赢 |
| [43:30] | -That’s not possible. -I say it is. | -不可能 -我说可能就可能 |
| [43:32] | I’ll be your campaign manager. | 我会做你的竞选经理 |
| [43:35] | I’ve won elections and I’ve lost elections, | 我在竞选中有输也有赢 |
| [43:37] | but I know what a winner feels like. | 但是我知道赢家是什么滋味 |
| [43:39] | See, you probably don’t remember this. But I do. | 你可能不记得了 但是我记得 |
| [43:41] | You were, like, ten or something. | 你当时大概十岁吧 |
| [43:45] | And you told Dad that you were going to be President. | 你跟老爸说长大要做总统 |
| [43:48] | And he explained to you | 然后他跟你解释说 |
| [43:49] | that we don’t have a President in this country. | 我们国家没有总统 |
| [43:52] | And you thought about it and you said, | 然后你想了想说 |
| [43:54] | “I don’t care. I’m going to do it anyway.” | 我不管 反正我要做总统 |
| [43:56] | Daniel, if you’re Mayor, | Daniel 如果你当上市长 |
| [43:59] | housing, poverty, | 住房 贫困 |
| [44:02] | education, hospitals… just imagine it. | 教育 医疗 你想想 |
| [44:04] | Yeah, I’ll even call you Mr President, if that helps. | 如果有用的话 我还可以叫你总统先生 |
| [44:07] | Listen to me, both of you. | 你们俩听我说 |
| [44:11] | I’m a sorry excuse for a local politician. | 做一个本市政客我很不合格 |
| [44:13] | There’s a reason for that. | 我这么说是有原因的 |
| [44:16] | I’m weak. I’m selfish. I’m a coward. | 我软弱 自私 怯懦 |
| [44:19] | You know what? I believe you. | 知道吗 我相信你 |
| [44:22] | I could win this election. | 我能赢了选举 |
| [44:25] | This country is probably stupid enough to let that happen. | 这个国家会愚昧到让我当选 |
| [44:31] | They’d vote for the bloke on the TV. | 他们会为电视上的小年轻投票 |
| [44:35] | Today’s blue-eyed boy. | 今天是蓝眼睛的男孩 |
| [44:37] | Like someone off some talent show, | 就像达人秀里的那些人 |
| [44:39] | all fireworks and flashing lights. | 到处都是烟花和荧光棒 |
| [44:42] | Yeah, I could be Mayor. | 是啊 我能当上市长 |
| [44:46] | But it would be just another marketing trick. | 但是这只会是另一个营销手段罢了 |
| [44:50] | Let’s con the public into buying something empty and useless. | 我们这是欺骗民众相信这些空洞无用的东西 |
| [44:56] | And I won’t do that. | 我不会这么做 |
| [45:04] | ‘Local councilman Daniel Demoys was released from hospital today | 本市议员Daniel Demoys今天出院 |
| [45:08] | ‘among growing speculation from political insiders | 政府知情人士不断推测 |
| [45:11] | ‘that the recent outpouring of public support | 由于近日来不断增加的公众支持率 |
| [45:14] | ‘might make him a shock candidate | 或许可使他在即将开始的市长选举中 |
| [45:16] | ‘in the forthcoming mayoral elections. | 一鸣惊人 |
| [45:18] | ‘Some commentators have dismissed the idea as fanciful… ‘ | 一些评论者说这是无稽之谈 |
| [45:21] | Come on. | 快点 |
| [45:26] | Do you want a drink? | 要喝点什么 |
| [45:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
| [45:30] | Do we have any lemonade? | 家里有柠檬汁吗 |
| [45:32] | We have lemonade. | 有 |
| [45:37] | Are you going to be Mayor, Dad? | 你会当市长吗 爸爸 |
| [45:39] | No. That’s all nonsense. | 不会 那都是胡说 |
| [45:41] | I think you should. | 我觉得你应该当市长 |
| [45:43] | Will you lot all concentrate… I’m going to fleece you, | 你们能专心点吗 我要赢了你们几个 |
| [45:45] | like I always do! | 像往常一样 |
| [45:47] | Yeah, right! | 好吧 |
| [46:02] | Last time we stood here, I said I’d had enough. | 上次我们站在这儿 我说我受够了 |
| [46:06] | I wish I could just have five minutes | 我希望我当时能有五分钟 |
| [46:08] | when my mind was still enough to know how I feel. | 那时我还对自己的感觉有意识 |
| [46:14] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
| [46:16] | Everybody thinks it was a brave thing that I did, but it wasn’t. | 大家都认为我做了件勇敢的事 其实不是 |
| [46:22] | I couldn’t face another day, another minute of me. | 我无法面对另一天 另一分钟的自己 |
| [46:28] | Yeah, I watched you. | 我眼睁睁看着你 |
| [46:30] | And I couldn’t stop you… | 但是无法阻止你 |
| [46:32] | turning into someone who didn’t want to live. | 阻止你变成那个不想活下去的人 |
| [46:34] | And I hated you for it. | 我也因此恨你 |
| [46:37] | I mean, you have so much right here, | 在这个家 你有很多责任 |
| [46:39] | so much, and it’s just not enough. | 如此之多 可还是不够 |
| [46:42] | I look at the kids | 我看着孩子们 |
| [46:43] | and I don’t understand it myself. | 我自己也不明白 |
| [46:48] | But I’m not there now, and I don’t want to go back there. | 我已经想通了 我不想再重蹈覆辙了 |
| [46:51] | I want to stop hurting you | 我不想再伤害你了 |
| [46:53] | and I want to stop hurting the kids, | 我也不想再伤害孩子们了 |
| [46:56] | but I don’t know how. | 但我不知道该怎么做 |
| [47:15] | 9 out of 10 for being a stand-up kind of bloke. | 你怎么就这么站着呢 |
| [47:18] | OK, ask me anything… if I lie, that’s it. | 好吧 随便问我点东西 如果我说谎了 那就是了 |
| [47:22] | What’s in the envelope? | 信封里是什么 |
| [47:25] | I’ve got to do a little bit of work | 我还有点工作要做 |
| [47:26] | and then why don’t you and me run away? | 为什么我们不能逃走呢 |
| [47:31] | You didn’t answer my question. | 你没回答我的问题 |
| [47:33] | What’s in the envelope?’ | 信箱里有什么 |
| [47:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
| [47:48] | -I think I’ve lost my wallet. -I’ll help you look. | -我好像把钱包弄丢了 -我帮你找找 |
| [48:00] | Some of the states you’ve seen me in with drink… | 你看到我喝了酒时的状态 |
| [48:03] | I’m never going to drink. | 我是不会去喝酒的 |
| [48:05] | Bad news… idiot juice. | 坏消息 白痴喝果汁 |
| [48:11] | The way I’ve been… | 我那个样子 |
| [48:14] | Things that have happened… | 发生的所有事 |
| [48:18] | Nothing you did, or your mum, | 不是你的错 也不是你妈妈的 |
| [48:21] | or Luke or Charlie. | 也不是Luke或Charlie的 |
| [48:23] | All right? None of it was because of you. | 懂吗 这些都不是你的错 |
| [48:27] | I need you to remember that. | 我需要你记住这个 |
| [48:30] | Dad, go easy on the drama. | 爸 别说的这么戏剧化 |
| [48:34] | You fell down sometimes. I’ll survive. | 你有时感到失落 我会没事的 |
| [48:40] | No wallet. | 没看到钱包 |
| [48:41] | Gone. | 不见了 |
| [48:43] | Maybe I left it somewhere else. | 我有可能放在别的地方了 |
| [48:45] | It’ll turn up. | 它会出现的 |
| [48:48] | Everything always turns up somewhere. | 所有东西都会在某些地方出现 |
| [48:55] | They get the deal? | �们搞到东西了�? |
| [48:57] | ‘Is that what you’re saying to me?’ | 你是这样跟我说的吗 |
| [49:40] | Where’s the fucking envelope?! | 那该死的信封呢 |
| [50:21] | Daniel | Daniel? |
| [50:25] | I thought this whole idea of you standing for Mayor was madness. | 我觉得你代表市长的举动很疯狂 |
| [50:33] | But maybe they’re right. | 但或许他们是对的 |
| [50:35] | You can use what has happened to you to help people. | 你可以利用发生在你身上的事来帮助别人 |
| [50:39] | Do something that matters. | 做点有意义的事 |
| [51:02] | Hey, Mr Demoys. Good to see you back. | 嘿 Demoys先生 很高兴看到你回来 |
| [51:10] | You were on TV, Mr Demoys. | 你上电视了 Demoys先生 |
| [51:14] | Everybody says you’re going to be Mayor. | 大家都说你要当市长了 |
| [51:22] | Have the police been in here to talk to you? | 警察有没有来找你谈话 |
| [51:26] | No, why would they come in here? | 没有 为什么他们要来 |
| [51:31] | The last time I was here there was a woman, | 上次我来的时候 有一个女人在这 |
| [51:34] | in that booth over there. | 在电话亭那里 |
| [51:36] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
| [51:42] | What I hear is, you’re going to be Mayor, Mr D. | 我听到的只是你要当市长了 Demoys先生 |
| [52:24] | ‘..As news of his death has sent shockwaves through City Hall. | 他死亡的消息给市政大厅带来了很大冲击 |
| [52:29] | ‘Pulis is survived by his only daughter Ruth…’ | Pulis家里只有唯一的女儿Ruth |
| [52:35] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
| [52:38] | Henry Pulis died last night. | Henry Pulis昨晚死了 |
| [52:41] | I can’t find my sports bag. | 我找不到我的运动包了 |
| [52:42] | Why am I always losing my sports bag? | 我怎么总是找不到我的运动包 |
| [52:44] | Well, if you put it where | 你把它放哪了 |
| [52:45] | -I told you to put it… -Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -我告诉过你把它放在 -知道了 |
| [52:47] | Have you finished your bacon, sweetheart? | 培根吃完了吗 亲爱的 |
| [52:50] | Luke, I’m going to go without you now! | Luke 我先走了 |
| [52:53] | -I’m up! -Well, come on then. Charlie, come on. | -我起啦 -快点 Charlie 快点啊 |
| [52:59] | She describes him as her guiding light. | 她把他形容成了她的指明灯 |
| [53:01] | He was such a kind father. | 他是个好父亲 |
| [53:04] | Such a lovely man. | 一个很好的男人 |
| [53:07] | He can’t tell us what happened to him that night. | 他不能告诉我们那晚到底发生了什么 |
| [53:12] | I’m pleading. | 我求求你们 |
| [53:13] | If you know anything, if you saw anything… | 如果你们知道什么 或者看到了什么 |
| [53:18] | please. | 拜托了 |
| [53:51] | Your sister gave me your address. | 你姐姐把你的地址告诉了我 |
| [53:53] | -Did she tell you to come? -No. | -她让你来的吗 -不是 |
| [53:55] | I decided to come myself. | 我自己决定来的 |
| [53:57] | I mean, I wanted to say thanks. | 我是说 我想说句谢谢 |
| [54:00] | Yeah, well, there’s no need. | 嗯 没有这个必要 |
| [54:05] | Your sister told me how you used to be, | 你姐姐告诉我你以前是怎样的 |
| [54:07] | when you were younger, like. | 当你年轻一点的时候 |
| [54:08] | Your beliefs, your ideals and everything. | 你的信仰 你的理想 所有的事情 |
| [54:10] | Yeah, well, I’m not that man anymore. | 是的 我已经不再是那样的男人了 |
| [54:12] | I can’t even remember the day I let it go. | 我甚至记不起了我放弃那些的那一天 |
| [54:18] | My brother got killed. | 我弟弟死了 |
| [54:21] | I mean… he killed himself. | 我是说他自杀了 |
| [54:25] | He was using, and it took his life. | 他当时正在用 这要了他的命 |
| [54:28] | He was 16. | 他只有16岁 |
| [54:31] | I believe that he was killed by where we live. | 我认为他是被我们所生活的地方杀害了 |
| [54:35] | That can’t be right, can it? | 不是这样的吧 是吧 |
| [54:38] | You’re wasted by where you are born. | 你的生命荒废在了你出生的地方 |
| [54:43] | Look, none of them other guys are going to do anything about it. | 听着 其他人不会再为这件事做什么了 |
| [54:47] | All right? We all know that… nothing. | 懂吗 我们什么都不知道 |
| [54:49] | So more kids are going to die. | 所以还有更多的孩子会死去 |
| [54:51] | How can that be right? Hmm? | 这怎么能是正确的呢 |
| [54:54] | What, are you just going to ignore that, | 怎么了 难道你决定选择无视 |
| [54:57] | when you could do something about it? | 哪怕你能为此做点什么 |
| [55:30] | I’m a drunk. | 我是个醉鬼 |
| [55:33] | For my entire adult life, I’ve been selfish and cynical. | 我成年以来 自私且愤世 |
| [55:36] | What kind of city would want me as a mayor? | 哪一座城市会愿意让我当市长呢 |
| [55:40] | One as sick as I am. | 一座跟我一样颓废的 |
| [55:41] | Now, the truth is, | 但事实是 |
| [55:43] | I didn’t want to be a candidate in this election | 我虽然不想参与这次选举 |
| [55:47] | But I’m starting to think that it might be my chance | 但我开始认为这对我来说会是一次机会 |
| [55:50] | to pay for the things I’ve done wrong. | 让我可以弥补我所做的错事 |
| [55:53] | I don’t know if I can do it. | 我不知道我能否胜任 |
| [55:55] | But what I do know, is that if I pick up a drink, | 但我知道 一旦我开始喝酒 |
| [55:57] | things are going to get worse. | 事情就会变遭 |
| [56:00] | So if you want me as your mayor, here’s what I offer you… | 如果你们想让我做市长 我可以给你们的是 |
| [56:06] | No more bullshit. | 不会再有胡话 |
| [56:08] | If you want me, I’ll do it, | 如果我能当市长 我会说到做到 |
| [56:10] | but I am going to rip things up, | 不过有些话我要说 |
| [56:12] | because I’ve lived inside of politics and it nearly killed me. | 因为我活在这个政治圈 这差点让我丧命 |
| [56:17] | And what’s worse is that it hurt my family. | 更严重的是这伤害到了我的家人 |
| [56:21] | I’m not going to do that anymore. | 我不想干下去了 |
| [56:25] | So, my question to you is… | 所以 我的问题是 |
| [56:30] | who wants to dump the bullshit? | 谁想要抛弃这些胡诌 |
| [57:14] | I hear the ticking of the clock. | 我听到时钟滴答响 |
| [57:16] | Everything that’s happened is telling me | 所有发生的事告诉了我 |
| [57:18] | that I can pay for what I’ve done. | 我可以弥补我所做的 |
| [57:20] | How come they’ve got evidence, after weeks of nothing? | 他们是怎么在几周无果之后拿到证据的 |
| [57:23] | This is good news, isn’t it? | 这是好消息 不是吗 |
| [57:24] | My father might have corrupted the contract process. | 我父亲可能在合约过程中贪污受贿了 |
| [57:27] | If there was someone working with him, | 如果有跟他一起工作的人 |
| [57:28] | how do we find that person? | 我们要怎么找到那个人 |
| [57:30] | Huh! Argh! | 啊 |
| [57:35] | There’s blood on your shirt. She’s gone. She ran. | 你衣服上有血 她走了 跑了 |
| [57:37] | -You saw? -I can’t get it out of my head. | -你看见了 -我无法忘却 |
| [57:39] | This is all going to stop now, Sylvie. | 这些必须停止了 Sylvie |
| [57:41] | I just want my family back. Get out! | 我只是想要回我的家庭 滚出去 |
| [57:43] | When everything is SO good… | 所有事情都如此顺利 |
| [57:47] | it has to be bad. | 物极必反 |