英文名称:Black Beauty
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | A wise horse once told me… | 一匹睿智的马曾经告诉我 |
[01:00] | …that a mustang’s spirit can never be broken. | 一匹野马的意志永不会被击垮 |
[01:06] | That it has the strength of the ocean… | 它有着大海般的力量 |
[01:10] | and lives forever, like the wind. | 永远不朽 就像风一样 |
[01:16] | Over the course of my life… | 在我的一生中 |
[01:19] | my spirit has been tested a thousand times… | 我的意志曾被考验过无数次 |
[01:24] | until I discovered a secret that saved me. | 直到我发现了一个秘密 才得以解脱 |
[01:29] | And to tell you what it is, | 要告诉你这个秘密是什么 |
[01:32] | we have to start at the very beginning. | 我们得从最开始讲起 |
[01:36] | The story of a wild horse… | 这是一匹野马 |
[01:39] | and the girl she loved. | 和她所爱女孩的故事 |
[01:50] | I was born in a golden meadow… | 我出生在一处洒满阳光的草甸 |
[01:54] | on a bed of soft wildflowers. | 在野花丛中 |
[02:17] | My mother showed me our home. | 我的母亲带我去了我们的家 |
[02:22] | It was endless… | 一望无垠 |
[02:25] | and beautiful. | 茫茫苍苍 |
[02:33] | I was a little shy to meet my family. | 和家族初次见面时我有些害羞 |
[02:37] | There were so many of them. | 有好多的家族成员 |
[02:45] | To prove myself to the herd… | 为了向他们证明自己 |
[02:48] | I had to be strong and fast and fearless. | 我必须要变得强壮 迅速 无畏 |
[02:58] | As I got older | 随着我渐渐长大 |
[03:00] | I felt a fire rising up in me. | 一团火焰也在我心中燃起 |
[03:03] | My mother said it was my mustang spirit, | 我母亲告诉我 那是我野马的意志 |
[03:06] | and it would always guide me. | 它会一直为我指明方向 |
[03:10] | She said I should never kick or bite without a good reason, | 她告诉我不能不讲道理地乱踢或是乱咬 |
[03:14] | but always try to be gentle and kind. | 而应该尽量地温柔友善 |
[03:23] | My heart ached to explore the world beyond our meadow. | 我的心渴望着去探索这片草原之外的世界 |
[03:29] | A place nobody could ever take from us. | 一个永远没谁能夺走的地方 |
[03:39] | When I turned two years old, I made a discovery. | 我两岁时 发现了一些事 |
[03:46] | Strange creatures were moving onto our land. | 有奇怪的生物搬来了我们的乐园 |
[03:56] | It was against the rules to leave the mountains… | 虽然我知道离开山里是不合规矩的 |
[04:01] | but I had to find out where they were coming from. | 但我必须弄明白他们是从何而来 |
[04:07] | We gotta find that mustang herd. | 我们得找到那个野马群 |
[04:11] | There she goes. We’re coming back for you, pretty thing! | 她在那儿 我们很快就回来找你 小漂亮 |
[04:22] | I knew I had put my whole family in danger. | 我知道我将整个家族卷入了危险中 |
[04:29] | That night my mother told me a story | 那天晚上 我母亲给我讲了一个故事 |
[04:31] | about what happens when a horse leaves this Earth. | 是关于一匹马离开这个世界后会发生什么 |
[04:35] | That she wouldn’t always be there to protect me… | 说她不会永远在这里保护我 |
[04:38] | but that I shouldn’t worry | 但我不应该忧虑 |
[04:41] | because when it is a horse’s time to go… | 因为在一匹马要离开的时候 |
[04:44] | it gallops toward the sky, | 她会向着天空奔去 |
[04:47] | just as if it can fly. | 就像飞起来一样 |
[04:51] | And that when her time came… | 当她的那一刻到来 |
[04:53] | she would always watch over me… | 她会一直在天上 |
[04:57] | from her bed in the stars. | 守护着我 |
[05:12] | I knew I had made a terrible mistake. | 我知道我酿成了大祸 |
[05:16] | I had led them right to us. | 是我把他们引了过来 |
[06:04] | That filly’s out of her mind. | 那匹小母马疯了吧 |
[06:07] | It was my first experience with the creatures | 这是我初次和这种生物打交道 |
[06:10] | they called humans. | 他们被称为 人类 |
[06:22] | I lost my mother in the stampede. | 我在逃窜中和母亲走失了 |
[06:25] | It was the last time I ever saw her. | 那是我最后一次见到她 |
[06:29] | And I knew it was all my fault. | 而我知道这一切都是我的错 |
[06:36] | I felt hurt and guilty and just so angry. | 我感到伤心 愧疚 愤怒 |
[06:43] | My mother said a mustang’s spirit could never be broken. | 我母亲说一匹野马的意志永不会被击垮 |
[06:47] | But I was beginning to doubt if that was true. | 但我开始怀疑究竟是不是那样 |
[06:51] | My spirit felt shattered. | 我的意志像是破碎了 |
[07:01] | Hey. How you doin’? | 嘿 你怎么样啊 |
[07:06] | From all the way out east, huh? | 这么一路从东边过来 |
[07:09] | Quite the haul. | 相当漫长的旅途 |
[07:11] | I drove all the way out from New York. | 我是大老远从纽约开车过来的 |
[07:17] | You gotta get fresh water. | 你得给他们弄些干净的水 |
[07:19] | Yeah, I was just about to change it out this morning. | 没错 我早上刚想给他们换 |
[07:22] | One of my staffers got sick. | 我的一个手下生病了 |
[07:24] | How many you looking to take? | 你想要几匹马 |
[07:26] | Just a few. | 就一些 |
[07:31] | She’s a pretty one. | 她很漂亮 |
[07:34] | Yeah, well, that filly’s got a horrible temper. | 是啊 但那匹小母马脾气可坏了 |
[07:36] | Trust me, you don’t want her. | 相信我 你不会想要她的 |
[07:39] | She’s a strike horse anyway. | 反正她是一匹烈性马 |
[07:41] | It’s leaving this afternoon. | 她下午就会被送走了 |
[07:46] | He’s adopting 20 of them. | 他买走了二十匹脾气不好的 |
[07:50] | We don’t exactly keep a record of where our strike horses go. | 我们其实并不记录烈性马都去了哪里 |
[07:55] | Course you don’t. | 你们当然不 |
[07:57] | The new man seemed different. | 这个新来的人看起来不一样 |
[08:00] | His eyes were softer. | 他的眼神很温柔 |
[08:02] | Poor girl. | 可怜的姑娘 |
[08:04] | You’re just frightened. I know. | 我知道你只是害怕 |
[08:08] | And angry, I’m sure. | 还有愤怒 我确定 |
[08:12] | A lot of personality, all right. | 真是很有个性啊 |
[08:14] | Well-built too. Elegant. | 体型也很好 很优美 |
[08:19] | Okay, boys, that’s it. Round ’em up. | 好了小伙子们 把它们围起来 |
[08:21] | Hold on. I’ll take her. | 等一下 她我要了 |
[08:29] | As we drove away from that awful place, | 当我们离开那个差劲的地方时 |
[08:32] | I had no idea how lucky I was to be one of the few chosen. | 我还不知道能够被选中是有多么幸运 |
[08:38] | Because not many people want a wild mustang to train. | 因为没有多少人愿意来驯服野马 |
[08:44] | We went down the long gray path for days. | 我们沿着一条漫长灰色的路走了好几天 |
[09:20] | There you go. Buck it out. | 好了 跑吧 |
[09:24] | Well, she’s a gorgeous one, John. | 她非常迷人 约翰 |
[09:26] | – She is, isn’t she? – It’s just | -是吧 -只是 |
[09:30] | The other ones seem much more decidedly… | 其他马好像更加 |
[09:32] | Tame? | 温顺吗 |
[09:34] | I was going to say sane, but yes. | 我本来想说正常的 但你说的也对 |
[09:59] | Ah, she’ll settle in. | 她会安定下来的 |
[10:00] | – Trust me. – I do. | -相信我 -我信 |
[10:03] | But the rescues have a time limit here, John. | 但是在这儿驯养是有时间限制的 约翰 |
[10:05] | We both know that. | 我们都清楚 |
[10:10] | My first night at Birtwick. | 我在伯特威克的第一个晚上 |
[10:14] | I miss my family. | 我想家了 |
[10:17] | The other horses were all strangers. | 这里的其他马我都不认识 |
[10:21] | But it was quieter there. | 但这里更宁静 |
[10:24] | And I could hear a new sound. | 我可以听见一些新的声音 |
[10:27] | Smell salt on the air. | 闻到空气中的咸味 |
[10:32] | It was peaceful. | 真是平静啊 |
[10:35] | And finally, I slept. | 终于 我睡着了 |
[10:49] | I wondered what the new man wanted from me. | 我想知道这个人想从我这得到什么 |
[11:05] | He couldn’t possibly understand. | 他不可能理解的 |
[11:07] | All right. In your own time. | 好 就按你自己的节奏 |
[11:13] | The boy and I developed a game. | 男孩和我发明了一个游戏 |
[11:16] | – We played it together… – Easy. | -我们一起玩这个游戏 -别紧张 |
[11:18] | …each and every day. | 每天都玩 |
[11:22] | I always won. | 我每次都能赢 |
[11:25] | My mother would not have approved, | 我母亲肯定不会认同我这么做 |
[11:28] | but humans had not been kind or good to me. | 但既然人类从未善待过我 |
[11:32] | So why should I be to them? | 我又为什么要对他们友好呢 |
[11:34] | That mustang’s got a real mean streak. | 那匹野马脾气很差 |
[11:37] | Right now, she’s just angry. | 现在 她只是还有些愤怒 |
[11:39] | Wouldn’t you be if a UFO came down | 若是UFO突然出现 |
[11:41] | and stole you from your family? | 把你从家人身边带走 难道你不会吗 |
[11:45] | Yeah, I guess so. | 嗯 我想会的 |
[11:47] | Still, I don’t see how you can | 但我还是想不出你要怎样才能 |
[11:48] | break a horse like that. | 驯服这样一匹马 |
[11:51] | For her sake, let’s try, shall we? | 看在她的份上 我们试试好吗 |
[12:02] | I decided humans must be very lazy. | 我觉得人类一定是很懒 |
[12:06] | They always wanted to be carried around by something. | 他们总是想要被什么东西载着走 |
[12:19] | Bet you haven’t seen one of these in the wild. | 我猜你在野外没有见过这个 |
[12:25] | The man thought he could outsmart me with his tricks. | 这个人以为他的小把戏可以骗到我 |
[12:29] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[12:30] | But he had underestimated me. | 但他小看了我 |
[12:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:42] | One day I got a neighbor. | 有一天我有了一个邻居 |
[12:46] | I liked the fire in her immediately. | 我立马就喜欢上了她的元气 |
[12:50] | She was followed by the funniest little horse I had ever seen. | 在她之后又来了一匹我见过的最有趣的马 |
[12:54] | It looked like he couldn’t stop dancing. | 他看起来总是像在跳舞 |
[12:58] | I learned that they were called Ginger and Merrylegs. | 我了解到他们叫做金吉尔和梅里莱格 |
[13:03] | We eventually became friends | 我们成为了朋友 |
[13:04] | and they turned us out together. | 他们每次都把我们一起放出去 |
[13:08] | I was so happy to have a family again. | 我好高兴再次有了一个家 |
[13:18] | The man who brought me there made his home near my paddock. | 带我来的男人住在了我的围场旁 |
[13:23] | Hello. John Manly. | 你好 我是约翰·曼利 |
[13:25] | I noticed he was always alone. | 我注意到他总是一个人 |
[13:31] | What? | 什么 |
[14:12] | Jo. | 乔 |
[14:16] | I’m so very | 我很 |
[14:19] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[14:23] | Call if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么就打电话给我 |
[14:27] | I would eventually hear from different people at Birtwick… | 我终于在伯特威克听说到了其他人 |
[14:31] | the girl’s parents had died in a car accident. | 那个女孩的父母在一场车祸中不幸罹难 |
[14:36] | John was her uncle. | 约翰是她的舅舅 |
[14:48] | There was something different about the girl. | 这个女孩和其他人不太一样 |
[14:52] | Something I recognized. | 有我熟悉的感觉 |
[15:01] | Her spirit seemed broken. | 她的意志似乎破碎了 |
[15:08] | Jo. | 乔 |
[15:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:13] | I have dinner on the table. | 晚饭已经在桌上了 |
[15:15] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[15:17] | You have to eat something. | 你需要吃点东西 |
[15:19] | I don’t. | 我不用 |
[15:20] | Just… | 就 |
[15:23] | please leave me alone. | 请让我一个人待着 |
[15:30] | It was a few days before I saw her again. | 我再次见到她是几天之后了 |
[15:34] | So, I continued my game with the boy. | 所以 我继续和男孩玩着那个游戏 |
[15:44] | John decided to play too. | 约翰也决定参与进来 |
[15:47] | But even with a horse to help him… | 但就算有一匹马帮他 |
[15:50] | he couldn’t keep up with me. | 他还是追不上我 |
[16:12] | Pretty, isn’t she? | 她很漂亮 是不是 |
[16:17] | I didn’t mean to scare you. | 我没有想吓到你 |
[16:21] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[16:23] | I haven’t given her a name yet. | 我还没给她取名 |
[16:26] | You know, if you like… | 如果你想的话 |
[16:34] | You know, that horse out there, she was rounded up out west. | 那边那匹马 她是在西部被圈住的 |
[16:39] | Taken away from her herd, her family | 被带离她的族群 她的家人 |
[16:43] | all she’d ever known. | 她所熟悉的一切 |
[16:45] | Her whole world’s been turned upside down. | 她的世界天翻地覆 |
[16:48] | Please stop. | 别说了 |
[16:50] | Stop what? | 别说什么 |
[16:51] | I don’t need your sympathy. | 我不需要你的同情 |
[16:54] | I don’t want any part of your world. | 我不想和你的世界有任何关系 |
[16:56] | I’m here because the state says that | 我在这里只是因为政府说 |
[16:58] | I have to be, instead of in my own home. | 我必须来这里 而不是自己家 |
[17:00] | Jo. You don’t have anywhere else. | 乔 你没有其他地方可去了 |
[17:05] | You think I don’t know that? | 你觉得我不知道吗 |
[17:08] | Are you seriously saying that to me right now? | 你现在真的要和我说这些吗 |
[17:13] | Look. I don’t know you. | 听着 我不了解你 |
[17:17] | You don’t know me. | 你也不了解我 |
[17:20] | We’ll get used to each other in time. | 但我们总会习惯对方的 |
[17:24] | You’re not my family. | 你不是我的家人 |
[17:32] | Just stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[17:42] | Well, good. | 好吧 |
[17:43] | Now I have two girls who want nothing to do with me. | 现在我有两个不想和我扯上关系的女孩了 |
[17:49] | You see how his head is turned away from me? | 你们看见他是如何扭头而去的了吗 |
[17:52] | He doesn’t want to look at me. | 他不想看我 |
[17:53] | Wants nothing to do with me. | 不想和我扯上关系 |
[17:56] | That’s what I wanna change. | 那就是我想要改变的 |
[17:59] | Start gaining his trust. | 开始获取他的信任 |
[18:03] | Apply a little pressure. | 施加一些压力 |
[18:06] | Then I give him his space. | 然后我给他足够的空间 |
[18:09] | I’m trying to talk to him, to learn his language. | 我试着和他交流 学习他的语言 |
[18:13] | It isn’t about controlling him or forcing him | 我不是想要控制他或者强迫他 |
[18:16] | or making him do something he doesn’t wanna do. | 或者让他做不想做的事 |
[18:19] | We have to find a balance together, a give and take. | 我们需要在彼此之间寻找平衡 互相迁就 |
[18:24] | Now, he might not be able to talk, | 他可能不会说话 |
[18:25] | but he’s saying a whole lot to me right now. | 但是他现在对我表达了很多东西 |
[18:29] | The biggest rule is, I can’t get angry or frustrated at him. | 最大的原则是 我不能对他生气或者沮丧 |
[18:37] | If I get angry, he’ll feel it. | 如果我生气了 他会感受到 |
[18:39] | He’ll get angry too. | 他也会生气 |
[18:55] | Horses are a window to your soul. | 马儿就像是你灵魂的窗户 |
[18:58] | They can read your facial expressions, your emotions. | 他们能读懂你的表情 你的情绪 |
[19:03] | They’ll feel everything you do. | 他们能感受到你的一切 |
[19:06] | My goal through this work is to help each horse find his peace. | 我的目标就是帮助每匹马找到他的平静 |
[19:31] | Is there a horse he hasn’t been able to break? | 有没有哪匹马是他没能驯服的 |
[19:34] | Nope. | 没有 |
[19:36] | Not yet, anyway. | 反正目前还没有 |
[19:41] | She’ll come around. | 她会适应的 |
[19:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:46] | How’s she doin’? | 那个女孩怎么样了 |
[19:48] | Stays locked in her room unless she’s at school. | 除了上学 她一直把自己锁在房间里 |
[19:50] | – Hey, Jo. – Barely speaks to me. | -嗨 乔 -几乎不和我说话 |
[19:53] | Well, like it or not, | 好吧 不管喜不喜欢 |
[19:53] | I’m better with horses than I am with people. | 比起人我更擅长和马打交道 |
[19:57] | She’ll come around. | 她会想通的 |
[20:16] | So you know you’re beautiful. | 所以你知道自己很美 |
[20:24] | I know you are though. | 不过我知道你是 |
[20:25] | Yeah, Fitzpatrick’s been doing really wonderfully, so… | 是啊 菲茨帕特里克做得很棒 所以 |
[20:28] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[20:29] | That new girl? | 那个新来的女孩 |
[20:31] | You know she actually lives here? | 你知道她其实住在这吗 |
[20:36] | That’s weird. | 太怪异了 |
[20:38] | No wonder she smells. | 难怪她身上有股味道 |
[20:40] | She can still hear us. | 她还听得见呢 |
[21:18] | I heard you lost your family too. | 我听说你也失去了家人 |
[21:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:30] | I don’t know why anyone would try to tame you. | 我不知道为什么会有人想驯服你 |
[21:35] | You don’t belong here. | 你不属于这里 |
[21:39] | And neither do I. | 我也不属于 |
[22:10] | Gotta ease ’em into it. Get ’em used to the weight. | 得让他们放松下来 让他们适应这个重量 |
[22:14] | Make ’em realize it’s not gonna hurt. | 让他们知道这不会伤到他们 |
[22:19] | You gotta always say, “Thank you.” | 你每次都要说”谢谢” |
[22:22] | You show him respect when he’s trusted you, | 如果他已经信任你了 为你做了好事 |
[22:25] | done a good thing for you. | 那么你也要尊重他 |
[22:28] | Attaboy. | 好样的 |
[22:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:37] | Sunday means scrambled eggs. | 星期日就得吃炒鸡蛋 |
[22:40] | Got a new recipe here with grits. | 是新做法 里面加了粗玉米粉 |
[22:45] | No thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:47] | I saw you listening to my lesson yesterday. | 我看见你昨天听了我的课 |
[22:56] | I… I thought you might like this. | 我想你可能会喜欢这个 |
[23:03] | My mentor gave it to me. | 这是我的导师给我的 |
[23:08] | What’s it about? | 是讲什么的 |
[23:11] | How to talk to horses. | 怎么和马交流 |
[23:18] | “There is no secret so close as that | “没有什么比骑手与他的马 |
[23:20] | between a rider and his horse.” | 更亲密的了” |
[23:23] | R. S. Surtees. | 罗伯特·史密斯·瑟蒂斯 |
[23:27] | – You read poetry? – I do. | -你还读诗吗 -是的 |
[23:30] | Seamus Heaney, E. E. Cummings, | 谢默斯·希尼 爱德华·厄斯特林·卡明斯 |
[23:34] | they’re all in the shelf in there. | 里面的书架上都有 |
[23:37] | Welcome to take a book whenever you like. | 你随时可以拿去看 |
[23:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:27] | You really are beautiful. | 你真的好美 |
[24:37] | John, Jo is out there. | 约翰 乔在那里 |
[24:40] | You’ll frighten the horse. | 你会吓到马的 |
[24:42] | She could run her right over. | 她可能会从她身上踏过去的 |
[25:01] | Maybe that’s what I’ll call you. | 也许那就是我给你起的名字 |
[25:07] | Beauty. | 美人 |
[25:11] | Would you like that? | 你喜欢这个名字吗 |
[25:16] | Beauty. | 美人 |
[25:19] | Black Beauty. | 黑美人[黑神驹] |
[25:24] | I liked the name. | 我喜欢这个名字 |
[25:28] | After that day, I realized that, just maybe, | 那天之后 我意识到 也许 |
[25:32] | there was one person who could actually understand me. | 有一个人是真的懂我的 |
[25:37] | John… | 约翰 |
[25:40] | she’s not afraid to be in there? | 她在那不害怕吗 |
[25:42] | Nope. | 不 |
[25:43] | Does Jo ride? | 乔会骑马吗 |
[25:45] | Never been around a horse in her life. | 她这辈子从没接触过马 |
[25:49] | And the amazing thing was… | 最棒的事是 |
[25:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:53] | …I understood her too. | 我也懂她 |
[26:02] | Are you ready for dinner? | 准备好吃晚饭了吗 |
[26:04] | I got a couple of nice steaks on sale. | 我打折买了些很不错的牛排 |
[26:08] | You really like food. | 你很喜欢食物 |
[26:09] | I like to cook. Can’t you tell? | 我喜欢做饭 你看不出来吗 |
[26:13] | You’ve gotten closer to that filly in days than I have in weeks. | 你和那匹小母马几天的进展比我几周还快 |
[26:17] | We get each other, I guess. | 我猜是因为我们理解彼此吧 |
[26:21] | Jo… | 乔 |
[26:23] | Stop. | 别 |
[26:24] | – Jo, I just think… – I don’t wanna talk about it. | -乔 我只是觉得 -我不想提起那个 |
[26:28] | – You have to… eventually. – Why? | -你总有一天得 -为什么 |
[26:30] | Well, at some point you have to tell me what you’re feeling. | 总有一天你得告诉我你的感受 |
[26:33] | I wanna tell you how I’m feeling. | 我想告诉你我的感受 |
[26:35] | Why would I care about what you’re feeling? | 我为什么要在乎你是什么感受 |
[26:38] | You didn’t bother to see my mom. | 你从没来看过我妈 |
[26:39] | You didn’t even bother to meet me. | 你甚至都没来见过我 |
[26:41] | – No, no. No, I met you. I met you. – Yeah? | -不不 我见过你 -是吗 |
[26:44] | – I saw you. When you were… Yeah? | -我见过你 在你 -是吗 |
[26:47] | And I barely remembered your face when I got here. | 我刚到这里时基本上认不得你 |
[26:49] | Jo. | 乔 |
[26:51] | Jo, I’m sorry. | 乔 对不起 |
[26:52] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[26:58] | I wanna go home. | 我想回家 |
[27:00] | You can’t go home, Jo. You can’t go home. | 你不能回家 乔 你回不了家 |
[27:02] | Your mom and dad… | 你妈和你爸 |
[27:09] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:12] | Jo. | 乔 |
[27:16] | – Jo? – I said, leave me alone! | -乔 -我说了让我自己待着 |
[27:18] | You stop… | 你别这样 |
[27:18] | They were like two mustangs, | 他们就像两匹野马 |
[27:20] | fighting in the wild. | 在野外打架 |
[27:23] | And as I watched them, | 我看着他们 |
[27:25] | I realized maybe humans and horses | 我意识到或许人类和马 |
[27:28] | weren’t so different after all. | 也没有多么不同 |
[27:34] | I couldn’t sleep at all that night. | 那天晚上我根本睡不着 |
[27:37] | I was too worried about Jo. | 我太担心乔了 |
[27:54] | The look on her face made my heart break. | 她脸上的表情让我心碎 |
[28:02] | I recognized it, | 我认得那表情 |
[28:04] | because I still had nightmares about losing my family. | 因为我仍然会做失去我的家人的噩梦 |
[28:19] | In that moment… | 在那一刻 |
[28:22] | I wished I could tell Jo where her parents were, | 我真希望我能告诉乔 她的父母在哪 |
[28:27] | like my mother had told me. | 就像我母亲之前告诉我的 |
[28:32] | Watching over her… | 他们正在星空中 |
[28:36] | from their bed in the stars. | 守护着她 |
[28:43] | I stayed with her until the sun rose again the next day. | 我一直陪着她 直到第二天太阳升起 |
[28:49] | Jo? | 乔 |
[28:51] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[28:58] | Jo? | 乔 |
[29:00] | Jo. | 乔 |
[29:02] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[29:04] | You scared the life out of me. | 你吓死我了 |
[29:06] | What are you doing sleeping out here? | 你怎么在这外面睡了 |
[29:13] | What am I supposed to do with you? | 我到底该拿你怎么办 |
[29:17] | This is new terrain for me too, you know. | 你知道这对我来说也是新的领域 |
[29:20] | You’re grounded. | 你被禁足了 |
[29:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:24] | Yeah, really. | 没错 真的 |
[29:26] | In fact, I have a better idea. | 事实上 我有个更好的主意 |
[29:29] | I’m gonna show you how to wield a pitchfork. | 我要教你怎么使用干草叉 |
[29:36] | – Well, yeah, but it’s not – But I’m not going to | -是 但这不是 -但我不会去 |
[29:38] | You don’t have to be intimidated, you know. | 你其实不用害怕的 |
[29:40] | I’m not… | 我没有 |
[29:42] | She’s cleaning up after our horses. | 她在为我们清理马粪呢 |
[29:45] | That is so sad. | 太悲催了 |
[29:47] | Super sad. | 超级悲催 |
[29:50] | I heard if they can’t save them, | 我听说如果他们救不了马儿们 |
[29:52] | they turn them into glue. | 就会把它们变成胶水 |
[29:57] | – What did you say? – Nothing. | -你说什么 -没什么 |
[30:00] | You’ve just got a little something there. | 你这里有点东西 |
[30:03] | Yeah. You got a little something right there. | 是啊 你那里也有点东西 |
[30:11] | – I’m sorry. – What are you doing? | -对不起 -你在做什么呢 |
[30:13] | – Come over here and help me. – Just… | -快过来帮我一把 -我只是 |
[30:15] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[30:16] | – You’re fine. It’s just… – No, I’m not fine. | -你没事的 这只是 -不 我有事 |
[30:17] | – You’ve just got a little bit of dirt – Obviously, I’m not fine! | -你只是沾了点脏东西 -很明显我有事 |
[30:19] | It’s disgusting, and it’s ridiculous, and it’s unacceptable. | 太恶心了 太荒唐了 让人无法接受 |
[30:24] | This place sucks. | 这个地方烂透了 |
[30:29] | Sorry. Not here with you. | 抱歉 不是说你 |
[30:34] | This is the only safe place there is. | 你这里是唯一安全的地方 |
[30:39] | School sucks. People suck. | 学校烂透了 人烂透了 |
[30:44] | Maybe we should just run away together. | 也许我们应该一起跑掉 |
[30:48] | What you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[31:00] | No, no, no. I’m sorry. | 不不不 对不起 |
[31:01] | It’s gone. | 没有了 |
[31:03] | She’s conditioned to hate it. | 她已经习惯讨厌缰绳了 |
[31:06] | She’s a smart horse. | 她是匹很聪明的马 |
[31:11] | Did you know that wild mustang bands aren’t led by a stallion? | 你知道野马群都不是由公马带领的吗 |
[31:17] | They’re usually led by a mare. | 一般都是由母马带领的 |
[31:19] | Not always the biggest or strongest or most popular, | 不是最大 最强壮 或者最受欢迎的那匹 |
[31:22] | but the one who’s gone through the most life experience. | 而是积累了最多经验的那匹 |
[31:26] | She leads through respect. | 她通过族群对她的尊重来领导族群 |
[31:30] | That’s why mustangs are unique. | 这就是野马与众不同的地方 |
[31:33] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要给我讲这个 |
[31:35] | ‘Cause, to me, | 因为对我来说 |
[31:36] | I think you’re more of a wise mustang | 我觉得你更像是聪慧的野马 |
[31:38] | than a yappy little show dog. | 而不是爱叫唤的小表演犬 |
[31:43] | Dinner’s ready in ten. | 十分钟后吃饭 |
[31:46] | I’m making lasagna. | 我做了千层面 |
[31:51] | You can’t even lead the horse, John. | 你甚至都不能牵着她走 约翰 |
[31:54] | She’s a lost cause. | 这已经注定是个失败了 |
[31:56] | I just need a bit more time. | 我只是还需要一点时间 |
[31:58] | Now, you know we just can’t keep | 你知道 我们没办法留下 |
[31:59] | the mustangs that won’t be gentle. | 那些不够温顺的野马 |
[32:02] | We have to make space. | 我们得腾出地方 |
[32:13] | So, Mr. Gordon says that if you don’t get tamed, | 戈登先生说了 要是驯服不了你 |
[32:17] | you’re gonna have to go somewhere else. | 就把你送走 |
[32:19] | And probably not as nice of a place. | 可能会送去一个不怎么样的地方 |
[32:28] | Now… I know you’re not gonna hurt me… | 我知道 你不会伤害我 |
[32:33] | and I’m not gonna hurt you… ever. | 我也不会伤害你 永远不会 |
[32:38] | So do you think we could try? | 所以我们试试好吗 |
[32:40] | And show him how gentle you are? | 让他看看你是多么温柔 |
[32:49] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[32:52] | It can’t be all that bad, right? | 这也没那么糟 对吗 |
[32:55] | It’s better than being homeless. | 总比无家可归要强 |
[32:57] | Please. | 求你了 |
[33:00] | Just trust me. | 相信我 |
[33:03] | Here, look. | 像这样 看 |
[33:08] | See? | 瞧 |
[33:10] | See, it doesn’t hurt me. | 瞧 一点都不疼的 |
[33:17] | Okay. | 好了 |
[33:20] | Let’s try this. | 让我们来试试 |
[33:29] | See? | 瞧 |
[33:32] | There. | 戴上了 |
[33:36] | Almost there. | 马上就好了 |
[33:43] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[33:48] | Well, there’s no way she’s actually going to lead her. | 她不可能真的服从她的引导的 |
[33:53] | Would you walk with me? Come on. | 能陪我走一走吗 来 |
[33:59] | Beginner’s luck. | 菜鸟运 |
[34:01] | Yeah. Or maybe she’s just talented. | 是啊 也可能是她确实有天赋 |
[34:10] | Well, I’ll be darned. | 真是出乎意料 |
[34:14] | Maybe you two have something in common after all. | 也许你们之间确实有共同点 |
[34:25] | Don’t want any part of this world, huh? | 还说不想和这里有任何关系吗 |
[34:27] | This is different. | 这不一样 |
[34:35] | The sparring between Jo and | 自那以后 |
[34:36] | her uncle happened much less after that. | 乔和她舅舅之间的争执明显少了很多 |
[34:44] | So you do like it, huh? | 所以你确实喜欢这里 是吗 |
[34:46] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[34:47] | Uncle John says you’re safe for now, | 约翰舅舅说现在你还是安全的 |
[34:49] | but you’ll be broken in soon, | 但你要在近期内被驯服 |
[34:51] | whatever that means. | 不管那是什么意思 |
[34:53] | Jo was proud of me, and I wanted to prove myself to her. | 乔以我为荣 我也想向她证明我自己 |
[34:58] | So the first thing is the bridle. Let’s see how this goes. | 第一步是缰绳 先看看情况吧 |
[35:01] | Come on, Beauty. | 来吧 美人 |
[35:05] | Beauty, come on. | 美人 来吧 |
[35:07] | I have an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[35:08] | Maybe the taste won’t be so bad. | 也许这个味道还不错 |
[35:15] | – There you – There you go. | -就这样 -就是这样 |
[35:17] | How’d you know how to do that? | 你怎么知道要那么做的 |
[35:19] | Felt like the right thing to do, I guess. | 我想是一种感觉吧 |
[35:26] | I knew humans liked to wear things on their feet. But horses? | 我知道人类喜欢在脚上穿点什么 但马呢 |
[35:30] | Beauty. | 美人 |
[35:34] | Ginger and Merrylegs laughed loud enough | 金吉尔和梅里莱格的笑声大到 |
[35:36] | for the whole stable to hear. | 整个马场都能听到 |
[35:39] | It was so embarrassing. | 真丢人 |
[35:41] | Saddle is next. | 下一步是马鞍 |
[35:44] | You take the pad first and get her | 你先给她盖上垫子 |
[35:46] | used to something weighing on her. | 让她适应背上的重量 |
[35:48] | – Ready? – Nice. Yeah. Nice and slowly. | -准备好了吗 -很好 没错 慢慢地来 |
[35:50] | Easy now. Come on, Beauty. | 放轻松 来吧 美人 |
[35:56] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:07] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[36:09] | Now we’re making some progress. | 我们做得越来越好了 |
[36:13] | Do we really have to put that on her? | 真的要给她安上那个吗 |
[36:16] | To break her, yeah. | 要驯服她的话 没错 |
[36:18] | Why do you call it that? | 你为什么那样说 |
[36:20] | What? | 什么 |
[36:21] | “Breaking.” | “驯服” |
[36:22] | It’s just a term. Breaking a horse. | 这就是个术语 驯马 |
[36:25] | Should really change it. | 应该换个说法 |
[36:28] | What would you change it to? | 你想换成什么 |
[36:32] | “Partnering.” | “搭档” |
[36:35] | Partner a horse. | 和马成为搭档 |
[36:40] | All right. Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[36:44] | Attagirl. | 好样的 |
[36:47] | You did it. | 你成功了 |
[36:50] | Hi, Jo. | 你好 乔 |
[36:53] | You’re all right. | 你的状态不错 |
[36:54] | Doesn’t it feel too soon? | 不觉得太快了吗 |
[36:57] | I mean, she’s come so far already. | 她都进步这么大了 |
[37:00] | Not far enough. | 还不够大 |
[37:02] | We can’t sell her if she can’t be ridden. | 如果她不能被骑 那就卖不出去 |
[37:04] | Sell her? | 卖掉她 |
[37:06] | What do you think we’re breaking her for? | 要不然干嘛要驯服她 |
[37:08] | Sorry, “partnering.” I do like that. | 对不起 “搭档” 我喜欢这个说法 |
[37:12] | But why would you sell her? | 但你为什么要卖掉她 |
[37:14] | Oh, Jo. I don’t own this place. | 乔 这地方不归我所有 |
[37:18] | The conservancy part is to train | 这个管理机构的作用是 |
[37:19] | and adopt out a few mustangs a year, | 每年训练和收养一批野马 |
[37:21] | not to keep them. | 而不是把他们留下 |
[37:23] | Do you know how many are out there that need help? | 你知道外面还有多少马需要帮助吗 |
[37:26] | Thousands. | 数以千计 |
[37:28] | Let’s give it a go. Nice and easy. | 让我们试试看吧 小心一点 |
[37:35] | – It’s okay, girl. It’s okay. – All right, Beauty. Attagirl. | -没事的 姑娘 -没事的 美人 好样的 |
[37:44] | Uncle John! | 约翰舅舅 |
[37:47] | Uncle John! | 约翰舅舅 |
[37:54] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:57] | I’ll survive. | 死不了 |
[38:06] | My friendship with Jo blossomed, like flowers do in spring. | 我和乔之间的友谊如同春日的花朵般绽放 |
[38:13] | Some of these really are beautiful. | 有几首诗真的很美 |
[38:17] | We had an unspoken language… together. | 我们之间形成了一种无声的共同语言 |
[38:42] | Do you ever think about your family, Beauty? | 你想念过家人吗 美人 |
[38:48] | I try not to think of mine. | 我努力不去想 |
[38:52] | It hurts too much. | 一想起来就心如刀割 |
[38:55] | You know? | 你明白吗 |
[39:01] | I hated seeing her so upset. | 我不忍心看她如此伤心 |
[39:04] | When I was sad, I ran as fast as I could. | 当我感到悲伤 我会疾速奔驰 |
[39:08] | But since Jo couldn’t gallop, I had an idea. | 但乔跑不了那么快 我想到了一个主意 |
[39:16] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[39:20] | Do you want me to… | 你是想让我 |
[39:26] | I can’t. I don’t know how. | 不行 我不会 |
[39:29] | I really wished she would try. | 我真心希望她能勇敢尝试 |
[39:32] | I knew Jo could be fearless. | 我知道乔能够战胜恐惧 |
[39:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:01] | I had trusted her. | 我相信了她 |
[40:04] | Now she needed to trust me. | 现在她需要相信我 |
[40:07] | John! | 约翰 |
[40:09] | Mr. Gordon! | 戈登先生 |
[40:11] | – Beauty! – What the | -美人 -什么 |
[40:23] | I knew that if Jo could feel the wind in her mane, | 我知道若乔能感受到掠过她发间的风 |
[40:27] | it would help her to heal. | 就能帮助她疗伤 |
[40:47] | Jo, hold on! Jo! | 乔 抓紧了 乔 |
[40:51] | Jo! Jo! | 乔 乔 |
[40:52] | Oh, no! Jo. | 哦不 乔 |
[40:56] | Jo? Are you all right? Are you hurt? | 乔 你还好吗 受伤了吗 |
[41:01] | That was amazing. | 真是太爽了 |
[41:10] | Jo and I learned to ride together. | 乔和我一起学习骑术 |
[41:13] | – Is that good? – It’s good. | -还好吗 -很好 |
[41:15] | That’s it. Keep control. | 就这样 控制好 |
[41:17] | She fell a lot in the beginning. | 一开始她常常摔下来 |
[41:20] | – Hey, are you okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -没事 |
[41:23] | No wonder they rode horses. | 难怪人类喜欢骑马 |
[41:25] | Humans were very clumsy. | 他们太笨拙了 |
[41:28] | Maybe we should try Merrylegs instead. | 也许我们应该换梅里莱格试试 |
[41:31] | – Back on? – Back on. | -再来吗 -再来 |
[41:38] | But we got the hang of it, together. | 但经过共同努力 我们成功了 |
[41:42] | Partners. | 成为了搭档 |
[41:47] | Come on, Beauty. Let’s go faster. | 来 美人 再快一点 |
[42:04] | Jo and I galloped like nothing in the world could catch us. | 乔和我疾速飞驰 将世界甩在身后 |
[42:10] | We were two beings, | 我们是两个生灵 |
[42:12] | and yet, for just a moment… | 但在那一刻 |
[42:17] | we were one. | 我们合而为一 |
[42:35] | We had found our peace… together. | 我们一起 找到了属于我们的安宁 |
[42:48] | As the summer ended, there was new life all around. | 夏天结束了 又有新的马儿来到这里 |
[42:54] | They reminded me of my mother and I. | 他们让我想起了我和我的母亲 |
[43:02] | When the big yellow trailer came for Jo again… | 那辆黄色的大车又来接乔离开了 |
[43:05] | I could smell change on the air. | 我从空气中嗅到了变化的气息 |
[43:10] | Riding wasn’t as much fun without Jo, | 没有了乔 被骑也没那么开心了 |
[43:13] | but I had to learn to have others on my back. | 但我必须学会适应其他人骑在我的背上 |
[43:17] | I started to like John, even though he was kind of heavy. | 我开始喜欢上约翰了 即使他有点重 |
[43:28] | A new groom started taking care of us. | 一名新来的马夫开始负责照料我们 |
[43:31] | He was always very distracted. | 他总是心不在焉 |
[43:35] | If the sky fell down, I wondered if he would even notice. | 就算天塌下来 我想他都不一定注意得到 |
[43:38] | Hey, you can wait. Come on. | 嘿 再等等 行了 |
[43:40] | Birtwick will be underwater | 要是我们不那样做 |
[43:42] | if we don’t. | 伯特威克就会垮掉 |
[43:42] | I’m trying to keep the mustang program alive | 我在尽力维持着这个野马项目 |
[43:44] | but business hasn’t been… | 但是最近的生意不太 |
[43:46] | I understand. Hey. | 我知道 嘿 |
[43:48] | You gotta get your nose out of that phone while you’re working. | 工作期间别玩手机 |
[43:54] | Sorry, Mr. Manly. | 对不起 曼利先生 |
[43:55] | Sorry, Mr. Gordon. | 对不起 戈登先生 |
[43:56] | Make sure to watch the new filly tonight. She might get chilled. | 今晚看好那匹小母马 她可能会感冒 |
[43:59] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[44:17] | I watched over them for hours, just in case. | 我盯了他们几个小时 以防万一 |
[44:20] | You’re all warmed up now, aren’t ya? | 现在你暖和了吧 |
[44:23] | I was surprised when the | 我很惊讶 |
[44:24] | groom put down his little box for a while, | 马夫把一个小箱子在地上放了一会儿 |
[44:27] | and the frozen look he always had on his face faded away. | 他脸上的寒意就消失不见了 |
[44:50] | That night, I had a terrible dream. | 那一晚 我做了个噩梦 |
[44:54] | A horse was calling to me over and over for help. | 一匹马不断地向我求救 |
[45:00] | I realized it was Ginger. | 我意识到那是金吉尔 |
[45:13] | We were trapped. | 我们被困住了 |
[45:17] | I tried to sound a warning, but Jo was too far away to hear me. | 我尽力啼叫示警 但乔住得太远 听不见 |
[45:31] | Beauty! | 美人 |
[45:44] | I couldn’t leave the others. | 我不能抛下同伴 |
[45:46] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[45:47] | Ginger and Merrylegs were still in there. | 金吉尔和梅里莱格还在里面 |
[45:52] | Just trust me. Please. | 请相信我 |
[46:01] | Jo! | 乔 |
[46:03] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[46:06] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[46:08] | – Jo! – Help them! | -乔 -救救他们 |
[46:10] | Are you all right, Jo? Beauty. | 你还好吗 乔 美人 |
[46:13] | – Jo. Jo! You gotta – Get that gate open! | -乔 乔 你得 -把门打开 |
[46:15] | – We have to help them! – Jo! | -我们得去救他们 -乔 |
[46:17] | Jo! Don’t! | 乔 别过去 |
[46:23] | She’s coming. | 她出来了 |
[46:30] | Where’s Jo? | 乔在哪里 |
[46:31] | Jo wasn’t coming out. | 乔还没出来 |
[46:33] | – Where was she? – Jo! | -她去哪儿了 -乔 |
[46:39] | Jo! | 乔 |
[46:49] | Oh, good God. | 谢天谢地 |
[46:57] | As the stable went up in flames… | 随着马厩消失在火焰里 |
[47:01] | so did my newfound hope of a life with Jo. | 和乔一起生活的希望也随之破灭 |
[47:17] | It was because of Jo’s courage that the horses were all saved. | 因为乔的勇气 所有的马匹都幸免遇难 |
[47:23] | Her calm, steady voice broke through my fear, | 她冷静沉着的声音消除了我的恐惧 |
[47:27] | which was the only reason I could even follow her. | 这是我还能追随她的唯一原因 |
[47:33] | The young groom didn’t mean to hurt anyone, | 年轻的马夫不是有意要伤害别人 |
[47:36] | but his carelessness put our lives in danger… | 但是他的粗心置我们于险境 |
[47:40] | and had destroyed our beautiful home. | 也毁掉了我们漂亮的家 |
[47:45] | It was the beginning of the end at Birtwick. | 这是在伯特威克结束的开始 |
[47:51] | – Mr. Gordon. – Jo, what can I do for you? | -戈登先生 -乔 什么事 |
[47:54] | Please, you can’t sell Beauty. | 请不要卖掉美人 |
[47:56] | I’m sorry, Jo. All the trained horses have to be sold. | 对不起 所有训练过的马都要被卖掉 |
[47:59] | We just don’t have the space with all that damage. | 在那样的损毁后我们没有足够的地方了 |
[48:02] | – But – You saved her life, Jo, | -但 -你救了她 乔 |
[48:04] | in more ways than one. | 不止一次 |
[48:06] | Don’t you want to do that for more horses? | 你不想帮助更多的马吗 |
[48:08] | Mr. Gordon, what if I could buy her? | 戈登先生 如果我能买下她呢 |
[48:12] | Sorry? | 什么意思 |
[48:13] | I could work for you. Help train the others, | 我可以给你打工 帮助训练其他马 |
[48:15] | rebuild the barn, anything you need. | 重建马棚 任何你需要的都可以 |
[48:17] | Every morning, every day after school. | 每天早晨 每天放学后 |
[48:20] | Look, I just don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. | 我不确定那样做好不好 |
[48:23] | Uncle John, please. | 约翰舅舅 帮帮我 |
[48:24] | He can’t take Beauty away. | 不能让他把美人带走 |
[48:28] | Well, it is only after working with Beauty | 在你和美人相处之后 |
[48:31] | that your grades have improved. | 你的成绩确实提升了 |
[48:34] | You haven’t gotten into another fight at school. | 也没再在学校打架 |
[48:36] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[48:38] | The trouble, Jo, | 那个爱惹麻烦的乔 |
[48:39] | is boarding Beauty is very expensive. | 愿意耐心喂养美人是非常难得的 |
[48:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[48:46] | I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[48:48] | If you can pay for her food and what she’s cost us so far | 如果在这个夏天结束前 |
[48:52] | by the end of summer, she’s yours. | 你能支付她的饭食等费用 她就是你的了 |
[48:58] | And you can board her here for free | 并且你可以免费把她留在这里 |
[49:00] | in exchange for being Birtwick’s mascot. | 交换条件是她做伯特威克的吉祥物 |
[49:03] | Are you serious? | 你说的是真的 |
[49:05] | Look, don’t make me overthink this. | 不要让我再考虑了 |
[49:08] | All right. | 那就这样了 |
[49:11] | Thank you, Mr. Gordon. | 谢谢你 戈登先生 |
[49:13] | Thank you, Uncle John. | 谢谢你 约翰舅舅 |
[49:15] | But there’s one thing you need to understand. | 但有一件事你需要知道 |
[49:17] | There’s a chance I might lease Beauty out for the summer, | 这个夏天我有可能会把美人租出去 |
[49:20] | just to free up space while we build the new stable, | 给重修马厩腾出空间 |
[49:21] | if anybody wants her. | 如果有人想要她的话 |
[49:25] | – Deal? – Deal. | -成交吗 -成交 |
[49:43] | – I’m so sorry about the stable, Mr. Manly. – Thank you. | -马厩的事我很遗憾 曼利先生 -谢谢 |
[49:46] | – It’s absolutely disgusting here, Mother. – Darling, quiet. | -这里太恶心了 妈妈 -亲爱的 安静 |
[49:50] | George Winthorp. | 乔治・温索普 |
[49:52] | I mean, seriously. | 真的是他吗 |
[49:54] | This filly is spirited | 这匹小母马很活泼 |
[49:56] | but a fine jumper with a right gentle touch. | 但弹跳力很好落地也轻柔 |
[49:59] | He’s just, like, totally ideal. | 他就像是完美的 |
[50:02] | Do you think he knows who we are? | 你觉得他认得我们吗 |
[50:04] | I mean, yeah. I feel like he’s looked at me before. | 认得吧 我感觉他之前看过我 |
[50:06] | Oh, my gosh. Mum, look at that horse. | 我的天啊 妈 你看那匹马 |
[50:11] | – Well, isn’t that a mustang? – So? | -那是一匹野马吧 -所以呢 |
[50:13] | Darling, you want a thoroughbred. | 亲爱的 你想要一匹纯血马 |
[50:15] | Everyone has a thoroughbred. | 每个人都有一匹纯血马 |
[50:17] | She’s a Pryor mustang, isn’t she? | 她是不是一匹普莱尔野马 |
[50:20] | You know your horses. | 你很了解马 |
[50:22] | She’s so beautiful. | 她好美啊 |
[50:24] | And that’s the funny thing, but that’s her name. Beauty. | 有趣的是 她的名字就是美人 |
[50:28] | – But like your mother said, you probably – Is she for sale? | -但像你母亲说的 你可能 -她卖吗 |
[50:30] | Uh, no. She’s not for sale. | 不 她不卖 |
[50:34] | She’s, uh… She’s for lease. | 她 她可以租 |
[50:38] | Is it even rideable? | 它能被骑吗 |
[50:40] | She is. My niece was the one to gentle her. | 可以 是我外甥女在照料她 |
[50:46] | But look, we… we’ve got plenty of horses. | 但我们 我们还有很多马供挑选 |
[50:50] | – Oh, good. – Go and speak to him. | -很好 -过去跟他说话 |
[50:51] | Do it for both of us. Don’t mess it up. Okay, go. | 为了我们两个 别搞砸了 去吧 |
[50:54] | But… we got all sorts of horses, so… | 我们这有各种的马 所以 |
[50:57] | Yes, all sorts, darling. | 是啊 有各种的 亲爱的 |
[50:58] | No, Mummy. I want that one. | 不 妈咪 我就要那一匹 |
[51:00] | – Let’s go. – What happened? | -我们走 -怎么了 |
[51:01] | – I said let’s go. – Why didn’t you just talk to him? | -我说我们走 -你怎么不跟他说话 |
[51:03] | Because it was a stupid idea and a ridiculous situation. | 因为这是一个荒唐情形下的愚蠢主意 |
[51:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[51:09] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[51:13] | I heard you were the one to break this beautiful filly. | 我听说是你驯服了这匹漂亮的小母马 |
[51:16] | Well, partnered. | 是成为搭档 |
[51:18] | Oh, you mean, like, partnering instead of breaking. | 你的意思是 是成为搭档而不是驯服 |
[51:23] | I like that. | 我喜欢这个说法 |
[51:25] | She was nervous around him. | 她在他身边很紧张 |
[51:28] | I’m George, by the way. | 对了 我是乔治 |
[51:31] | Jo. | 乔 |
[51:32] | I think Jo thought he was handsome. | 我想乔觉得他很帅气 |
[51:34] | – Sorry. – What for? | -对不起 -为什么 |
[51:40] | – Good. – What’s going on over there? | -太好了 -那边发生了什么 |
[51:42] | I think my sister just leased your horse. | 我想我妹刚租了你的马 |
[51:45] | What? | 什么 |
[51:57] | You’ll bunk with another groom. | 你会和其他的马夫住在一起 |
[51:59] | They’ve agreed to pay you a flat weekly rate at 200. | 他们同意每周付你200的工资 |
[52:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:07] | But, wait, why did they agree? | 等等 他们为什么同意了 |
[52:10] | Well, I told them it would be beneficial to Beauty’s transition | 我告诉他们这样有益于美人适应新环境 |
[52:14] | and much, much safer for the girl if you were there. | 并且你在那儿会让那个女孩更安全 |
[52:21] | We’re done, Ms. Green. | 我们弄好了 格林小姐 |
[52:25] | All right. See you in a couple weeks, Uncle John. | 好了 几周后见 约翰舅舅 |
[52:33] | At Birtwick, I learned that | 在伯特威克 我意识到 |
[52:35] | it is good people who make good places. | 是好的人造就美好的地方 |
[52:42] | I felt lucky Ginger was coming with us too. | 我很庆幸金吉尔也和我们一起来了 |
[52:49] | I wondered what our new home would be like. | 我好奇我们的新家会是什么样的 |
[53:11] | – I can help if – I got it. Thanks. | -我可以帮忙如果 -我可以 谢谢 |
[53:13] | They’re here! | 他们来了 |
[53:15] | Oh, Georgina, fine-looking horse you have there. | 乔治娜 你的马真好看 |
[53:18] | I’m proud you made the decision to save her. | 我为你决定救下这匹马感到骄傲 |
[53:20] | Can you take a photo? | 能帮我拍张照吗 |
[53:22] | Not like that. Get my good side. | 不是那样 照我好看的一边 |
[53:24] | The new girl’s voice was at a pitch | 那个女孩的声音之高 |
[53:26] | I was sure only horses and dogs could hear. | 我确定只有马和狗可以听见 |
[53:29] | Not to be mean, but it was a very terrible sound. | 不是我刻薄 只是那声音太可怕了 |
[53:33] | You… you must be Jo? | 你 你就是乔吧 |
[53:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:37] | Mr. York. You’ll report to me. | 我是约克 我负责你 |
[53:40] | Come on. I’ll show you your summer quarters. | 来吧 我带你看看你的住所 |
[53:45] | This way. | 这边走 |
[53:46] | George! | 乔治 |
[53:53] | George! | 乔治 |
[54:01] | Earlshall couldn’t have been more different to Birtwick. | 厄尔希尔和伯特威克有很大的不同 |
[54:04] | The aisles were spotless. | 路上一尘不染 |
[54:06] | The horses gleamed. | 马匹隐隐闪光 |
[54:13] | But for all its perfection… | 但是除了这些完美的地方 |
[54:16] | something about Earlshall felt very cold | 厄尔希尔的一些方面非常冷血 |
[54:19] | and not nearly as welcoming. | 让我很不舒服 |
[54:23] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[54:26] | – These are the grooms quarters? – Yup. | -这里都是马夫的宿舍吗 -是的 |
[54:31] | Ginger had been purchased. | 金吉尔是被买了 |
[54:33] | I was only leased. | 我只是被租借了 |
[54:35] | Apparently you can try out a horse to see if you like it. | 显然你是可以试骑然后看你喜不喜欢的 |
[54:43] | You don’t have to kick her that hard. She will walk. | 你不用那么使劲踢她 她会走的 |
[54:47] | Let’s just ease her into it, shall we? | 我们让慢慢来 好吗 |
[54:49] | It was clear within seconds. Georgina was nothing like Jo. | 几秒之内 我就知道乔治娜和乔完全不同 |
[54:53] | Her hands were hard. Her kicks were harder. | 她拽得很用力 她踢得更用力 |
[54:56] | And she flailed around like she was having a tantrum on my back. | 她在我背上乱动好像是在发脾气 |
[55:00] | Gently now. | 温柔一点 |
[55:02] | We want a nice collected frame. | 我们想要的是和谐 |
[55:06] | York! The dressage, you’re going to have to get her head up! | 约克 盛装舞步 你得让她抬起头来 |
[55:09] | My head is up, Mother. | 我已经抬头了 母亲 |
[55:11] | No, the horse, darling. | 不是你 是马 亲爱的 |
[55:14] | Beauty’s never been on a draw rein, ma’am. | 美人从来没有被拴上过缰绳 夫人 |
[55:17] | Well, then you need to get her used to it | 那你就要让她习惯 |
[55:18] | because she’s not fit to be seen. | 因为她现在还不适合亮相 |
[55:21] | Shoulder’s back, Georgina. | 注意肩膀 乔治娜 |
[55:30] | She needs to look more like a show horse. | 她需要看上去更像一匹参加评比的马 |
[55:33] | Cut her mane and tail. | 剪掉她的鬃毛和尾巴 |
[55:42] | I tried to stay patient. | 我试着保持耐心 |
[55:45] | I wondered how she’d feel if they chopped off all of her hair. | 我好奇如果把她的头发都剪掉她会怎么样 |
[55:52] | The art of dressage is to create a healthy horse. | 盛装舞步的核心在于培养一匹健康的马 |
[55:56] | We want to give her the freedom to express herself. | 我们要给她表达自己的自由 |
[56:00] | York, I’m really not in the mood today. Canter, Beauty. | 约克 我今天真的没心情 慢跑 美人 |
[56:10] | York, are you never going to get the horses head up? | 约克 你是不是不打算让这匹马抬起头 |
[56:14] | I could take it up another degree, ma’am, | 我可以让它再抬高一点 夫人 |
[56:16] | but I’d prefer not to. | 但我倾向于不那么做 |
[56:18] | Oh, do it, please. | 做吧 拜托了 |
[56:21] | The only thing worse than Georgina’s kicks was the draw rein. | 唯一比乔治娜的脚踢更讨厌的是缰绳 |
[56:26] | It forced my head down into my chest | 它让我的头被迫弯到胸口前 |
[56:28] | so I couldn’t breathe naturally. | 让我不能自然的呼吸 |
[56:30] | – I tried to remember my training… – What’s she doing? | -我试图回想起我的训练 -她在做什么 |
[56:33] | …but the way I was treated made me angry. | 但我被对待的方式让我愤怒 |
[56:38] | Give her a head. | 松松缰绳 |
[56:39] | I knew that if I threw her off, | 我知道如果我把她摔下去 |
[56:41] | Jo and I would both be in trouble, | 我和乔都会有麻烦的 |
[56:44] | – so I had a better idea. – What’s wrong with her? | -所以 我有个更好的主意 -她怎么了 |
[56:47] | Georgina, what are you doing? | 乔治娜 你在干什么 |
[56:48] | Nothing. It’s the stupid horse! | 不是我 是这匹蠢马 |
[56:55] | That’s it. Jump out the way. | 好了 跳下来 |
[56:56] | What’s she doing? Stupid horse! | 她在干什么 蠢马 |
[56:59] | – Stupid horse! – Georgina, I’ve got… | -蠢马 -Geogina 我 |
[57:05] | Oh, Beauty, you’re a cracker! | 哦美人 你是一个捣蛋鬼 |
[57:10] | What a wonderful horse you are! | 你可真是一匹奇妙的马 |
[57:14] | Well, my sister is definitely not a horse woman. | 我妹绝对不是一名女骑手 |
[57:22] | You wanna be tending to her, don’t you? | 你希望能照顾她 是吗 |
[57:26] | Grooming Beauty is apparently above my station here. | 显然在这里我还不够资格照料美人 |
[57:32] | How are you finding things otherwise? | 除此之外 你觉得这里怎么样 |
[57:36] | Fine. Just trying to keep to myself. | 挺好的 我基本上是独来独往 |
[57:40] | Birtwick was one thing. | 伯特威克是一回事 |
[57:42] | This is definitely not my world. | 但这里绝不是我的世界 |
[57:47] | It’s a big place, but that doesn’t mean | 这里很大 但那不意味着 |
[57:50] | the people are any different. | 这里的人有什么不同 |
[57:53] | Not all of us anyway. | 至少不是所有人 |
[57:58] | I’ll speak to York about you tending to Beauty. | 我会跟约克说让你照顾美人 |
[58:01] | She’s your horse, in my opinion. | 在我看来 她是你的马 |
[58:06] | I’ll see you around. | 回头见 |
[58:25] | I heard my son put a word in so | 我听说我儿子为你说话了 |
[58:27] | that you could spend time with the horse. | 让你可以来照看这匹马 |
[58:29] | Yes, um… | 是的 |
[58:32] | Thank you. I… | 谢谢 我 |
[58:33] | Unfortunately it’s inappropriate. | 不幸的是这样做并不合适 |
[58:35] | And it’s upsetting Georgina, so | 而且这会让乔治娜不开心 所以 |
[58:39] | you’re going to need to keep your distance. | 接下来你需要和它保持距离 |
[58:42] | You wouldn’t want to compromise your place here, | 你不想丢了你在这的工作 |
[58:44] | would you? | 对吧 |
[58:45] | No, no. Of course not. | 不 不 当然不想 |
[58:47] | Good, then we understand each other. | 很好 那我们就达成一致了 |
[58:49] | About appropriate distance. | 在和它保持距离这件事上 |
[59:00] | I didn’t think Georgina would wanna ride me again after that, | 我以为在那之后乔治娜不会再想骑我了 |
[59:05] | but she did. | 但她还是骑了 |
[59:09] | Now you’ll listen, won’t you? | 现在你会听话了 对不对 |
[59:12] | She dug her spurs into me | 她用马刺戳我 |
[59:13] | like I was made of stone. | 就仿佛我是石头做的 |
[59:17] | And if it wasn’t for Jo, | 如果不是为了乔 |
[59:19] | I would’ve thrown that horrible girl off my back. | 我早就把这个可怖的女孩从背上甩下来了 |
[59:30] | Hi, girl. | 嗨 姑娘 |
[59:39] | Oh, Beauty. | 天呐 美人 |
[59:43] | What did she do to you? | 她对你做了什么 |
[59:48] | – Jo! – Where is she? | -乔 -她在哪儿 |
[59:50] | Who? What happened? | 谁 怎么了 |
[59:52] | Your sister put holes into Beauty’s sides, | 你妹妹把美人身体的两侧戳出了洞 |
[59:53] | and I’m gonna show her exactly… | 我要让她瞧瞧她到底 |
[59:55] | Whoa. Wait, wait. Slow down. | 嘿 等等 等一下 |
[59:57] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[1:00:00] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[1:00:03] | That is not okay. | 这绝对是不允许的 |
[1:00:05] | We do not abuse horses at our stable. | 我们的马场不做虐马的事 |
[1:00:10] | Here, dab some of that onto them. | 来 在伤口上涂点这个 |
[1:00:11] | It’ll make her heal faster. | 这能让她快点恢复 |
[1:00:15] | Thanks for your help, really. | 谢谢你的帮忙 真的 |
[1:00:17] | But now I need to find your… | 但现在我得找你的 |
[1:00:18] | Jo, please. | 乔 拜托 |
[1:00:20] | I’ll talk to York and my mother, I promise. | 我会跟约克和我母亲谈的 我保证 |
[1:00:24] | Besides, Beauty needs you here, not fired. | 而且美人需要你在这里 而不是被解雇 |
[1:00:36] | I know he’s… He’s nice and… | 我觉得他 他人很好 |
[1:00:41] | smart. | 很聪明 |
[1:00:49] | And very… | 还很 |
[1:00:53] | handsome. | 英俊 |
[1:00:58] | I wanted to ask if you’d like to have lunch with me. | 我想问问你愿意和我共进午餐吗 |
[1:01:02] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[1:01:02] | I’d rather spend my one day off with Beauty. | 我更想把我的一天假期拿来陪美人 |
[1:01:05] | I decided to give them some space. | 我决定给他们留点相处空间 |
[1:01:07] | I figured. | 我想也是 |
[1:01:16] | So, what’s your story? | 那么 讲讲你的故事 |
[1:01:20] | I don’t really have a story. | 我并没什么故事可讲 |
[1:01:22] | Everyone has a story. | 每个人都有故事 |
[1:01:24] | Where are you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[1:01:27] | What’s a beautiful girl like you doing working as a groom? | 为什么像你这样漂亮的女孩会来做马夫 |
[1:01:29] | You know, the basics. | 你懂的 这些基本的 |
[1:01:34] | I’d rather not talk about my past, if that’s okay. | 我不太想谈论我的过去 如果可以的话 |
[1:01:36] | Fair enough. | 当然 |
[1:01:38] | How about the future? | 那将来呢 |
[1:01:41] | What do you wanna do in ten years? | 十年后你想做什么 |
[1:01:43] | You can pick anything. I’ll start. | 你可以随便说 我先来 |
[1:01:49] | I would colonize Mars. | 我想殖民火星 |
[1:01:54] | Well, I would rescue horses. | 那 我想救助马 |
[1:01:57] | Like what my uncle’s doing at Birtwick. | 就像我舅舅现在在伯特威克做的那样 |
[1:02:00] | Except, you know, I’d buy the properties around it, | 而且 我想把周围的地都买下来 |
[1:02:02] | extend the barn so we could stay a little more. | 扩建马厩 那样我们就可以多养一些马 |
[1:02:05] | Sorry, it’s probably really boring. | 不好意思 挺无聊的吧 |
[1:02:07] | No. | 不 |
[1:02:08] | I’m fascinated. | 我被吸引住了 |
[1:02:15] | So, I’ve been reading about | 我有了解到 |
[1:02:17] | how there are thousands of wild horses out west, | 现在西部仍有成千上万的野马 |
[1:02:21] | and they’re being rounded up by helicopters | 它们一直在被直升机围捕 |
[1:02:23] | and stuffed into holding pens, | 然后被送进待宰栏 |
[1:02:25] | just hoping that people will adopt them, | 希望着有人能领养他们 |
[1:02:27] | but most of them are just stuck in there forever. | 但其中的绝大多数都没能从那脱身 |
[1:02:32] | I can’t imagine what would’ve happened to Beauty | 我不能想象美人会经历些什么 |
[1:02:34] | if my uncle didn’t save her. | 如果我舅舅没有救她 |
[1:02:37] | So I guess I would buy Birtwick | 所以我想我会买下伯特威克 |
[1:02:39] | and help save thousands of wild horses. | 尽我所能拯救成千上万的野马 |
[1:02:44] | With Beauty as the mascot. | 让美人做吉祥物 |
[1:02:47] | That is a way better answer than Mars. | 这可比殖民火星好多了 |
[1:02:51] | Bet you do it. | 我相信你做得到 |
[1:02:56] | So… | 所以 |
[1:02:58] | my parents are hosting their | 我父母要在这周末举办 |
[1:02:59] | annual Earlshall Classic this weekend. | 今年的厄尔希尔赛马会 |
[1:03:02] | It’s a cross-country race around the grounds. | 是一个地方性的赛事 |
[1:03:07] | Everyone who’s anyone comes. | 所有有地位的人都会来 |
[1:03:10] | Whatever that means. | 不管那是什么意思 |
[1:03:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:03:14] | Would you wanna be my date? | 你愿意当我的女伴吗 |
[1:03:16] | Me? | 我吗 |
[1:03:17] | Well, I don’t see another Jo Green around. | 我想这附近没有第二个乔・格林吧 |
[1:03:21] | I couldn’t. | 我不行 |
[1:03:22] | You could. | 你可以的 |
[1:03:24] | I work for you. | 我在给你打工呢 |
[1:03:25] | You work for my parents. | 你是在为我父母工作 |
[1:03:27] | It’s casual, really. | 真的只是个非正式的活动 |
[1:03:32] | Beauty thinks you should. | 美人也觉得你该同意 |
[1:03:34] | You should always listen to your horse. | 一个骑手应该永远听从他的马 |
[1:03:37] | – Yes, but – Excellent. | -好 但是 -太好了 |
[1:03:40] | I’ll leave your name at the VIP box. | 我会把你的名字加进VIP包厢名单 |
[1:03:46] | The VIP box? | VIP包厢 |
[1:03:54] | You made it. | 你赶来了 |
[1:03:56] | The humans were all so clean. | 人类们都穿得很体面 |
[1:03:59] | They wore the funniest hats. | 他们戴着滑稽可笑的帽子 |
[1:04:01] | And I loved the music. It made me wanna dance. | 我喜欢他们的音乐 它让我舞兴大发 |
[1:04:10] | And that’s Mr. Bradley Eastland on Just Magic | 那是布莱德利・伊斯兰先生骑着”超神奇” |
[1:04:13] | at the finish, | 到达了终点 |
[1:04:14] | taking home the cup for the youth competition. | 成功斩获少年组的冠军 |
[1:04:17] | And next up, the Men’s Invitational. | 接下来的项目是 男子邀请赛 |
[1:04:20] | Hi, George. | 嗨 乔治 |
[1:04:24] | Where’s George? Is that George? | 乔治在哪呢 那个是他吗 |
[1:04:26] | He’s waiting for the next race. At last. | 他在备赛呢 终于到他了 |
[1:04:32] | How many is that, darling? | 你喝了多少啊 亲爱的 |
[1:04:33] | Oh, darling, just enough. | 亲爱的 不多不少刚刚好 |
[1:04:36] | Georgina was so helpless | 乔治娜看上去好无助 |
[1:04:38] | I almost felt bad for her. | 我都有些同情她了 |
[1:04:40] | She wouldn’t last one day in the wild. | 她要是在野外一天都活不下来 |
[1:04:55] | I thought you said this was casual. | 我记得你说这是非正式场合 |
[1:04:57] | It is casual. | 这确实是啊 |
[1:04:58] | On the scale of my mother’s events anyway. | 至少在我母亲的标准下它是 |
[1:05:02] | You look stunning. | 你今天真是光彩照人 |
[1:05:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:05:08] | Who’s that pretty girl? | 那个小美女是谁 |
[1:05:10] | – Where, darling? – There. | -哪呢 亲爱的 -那儿 |
[1:05:12] | Hi, Ginger. You look ready to race. | 嗨 金吉尔 你看起来准备好上场啦 |
[1:05:15] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[1:05:16] | Oh, God. Our son’s fraternizing with the help. | 我的天 我们的儿子在和那个小帮工亲近 |
[1:05:18] | What’s wrong with that? | 那又怎么了 |
[1:05:21] | She’s of no means. | 她穷得叮当响 |
[1:05:22] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:05:24] | And neither were you when we got married. | 你跟我结婚时也和她差不多 |
[1:05:30] | Where’s Beauty? | 美人在哪儿 |
[1:05:40] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[1:05:43] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:05:51] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:05:53] | Come on! Whoo! Go! | 加油 冲 |
[1:05:57] | Go, George. Come on! | 冲啊 乔治 加油啊 |
[1:05:58] | That’s it. Come on, George! | 很好 加油 乔治 |
[1:06:01] | Beauty! | 美人 |
[1:06:03] | Wow. He’s so fast. | 天 他可真快 |
[1:06:04] | He’s a lot of things. | 他什么都很厉害 |
[1:06:08] | Come on, George! | 加油 乔治 |
[1:06:09] | Come on! | 加油啊 |
[1:06:10] | Come on, Ginger! | 加油 金吉尔 |
[1:06:13] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[1:06:18] | George Winthorp, taking home the cup for the third year running. | 乔治・温索普成功蝉联三届男子赛马冠军 |
[1:06:21] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[1:06:29] | And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, | 现在 女士们先生们 男孩们女孩们 |
[1:06:31] | the final event for the day, | 接下来是今天的最后一个项目 |
[1:06:33] | the Women’s Invitational. | 女子赛马邀请赛 |
[1:06:35] | Oh, darling, look. There’s Georgina. | 亲爱的 看呐 是乔治娜 |
[1:06:37] | Oh! She looks beautiful. Yes | 她今天可真漂亮 是不是 |
[1:06:48] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:06:50] | Thank you, Jo. | 谢谢你 乔 |
[1:06:51] | It was all Ginger. | 都是金吉尔的功劳 |
[1:06:53] | I may not have liked Georgina, | 我可能没喜欢过乔治娜 |
[1:06:56] | but I wanted to win. | 但我也想要赢 |
[1:06:58] | On my signal! | 预备 |
[1:07:04] | Come on, Beauty! | 冲啊 美人 |
[1:07:07] | Faster, Beauty! | 再快点 美人 |
[1:07:13] | Go! | 快 |
[1:07:19] | I tried to listen… | 我试图跟上指令 |
[1:07:20] | – Yes! – …but she was pushing me too hard. | -很好 -但她把我逼得太紧了 |
[1:07:27] | She wasn’t Jo. | 她不是乔 |
[1:07:29] | Georgina had no idea what she was doing. | 乔治娜一点也不知道她在做什么 |
[1:07:33] | Something’s wrong. | 有点不对劲 |
[1:07:34] | Her gait’s off. | 她的步法错了 |
[1:07:37] | Without my shoe, jumping was dangerous. | 我的蹄钉脱落后 跳跃的危险大大增加 |
[1:07:39] | Go! | 快点 |
[1:07:39] | Still, she forced me to keep going. | 然而 她还是逼着我继续前进 |
[1:07:42] | Come on. Come on. | 冲啊 冲啊 |
[1:07:55] | Faster! | 再快点 |
[1:08:12] | Oh, my God. Darling, run! | 天啊 亲爱的 快过去 |
[1:08:14] | – Beauty! – Don’t worry. | -美人 -别担心 |
[1:08:16] | Only thing that’s bruised is her ego. | 受伤的只有她的自尊 |
[1:08:22] | Useless horse! We could’ve won! | 没用的马 我们本来可以赢的 |
[1:08:26] | She was limping at the first turn, | 她在第一个弯道就已经一瘸一拐了 |
[1:08:27] | but you forced her to keep going. | 但你还是强迫她继续跑下去 |
[1:08:30] | Did you even know her shoe was loose? | 你知不知道她的蹄铁掉了 |
[1:08:32] | Selfish girl! Putting your life and the horse’s in danger. | 自私的女孩 将你自己和马都置于险地 |
[1:08:35] | Aw, Georgina. Are you all right? | 乔治娜 你还好吗 |
[1:08:38] | Does it hurt? | 身上疼吗 |
[1:08:39] | Come on. Come with Mummy. | 来 和妈咪一起走 |
[1:08:41] | – Are you all right? – No! | -你还好吗 -不 |
[1:08:42] | Of course she’s not all right! | 她当然不好 |
[1:08:45] | Oh, Beauty. | 哦 美人 |
[1:08:47] | I know. I know. Come on. | 我知道 我知道 来吧 |
[1:08:57] | Good girl. Good girl. | 好姑娘 好姑娘 |
[1:09:01] | She didn’t break a leg, miraculously. | 她的腿没摔断 真是个奇迹 |
[1:09:04] | Whoever did this, | 不管是谁做了这种事 |
[1:09:05] | shouldn’t be around horses. | 都不应该再和马打交道了 |
[1:09:08] | Unfortunately these scars will last for a lifetime, | 不幸的是这些伤疤一辈子都消不掉了 |
[1:09:12] | but there is a surgery if you want me | 但是有一种手术可以 如果你需要 |
[1:09:13] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[1:09:14] | We’re not spending any more money on this horse. | 我们不会再为这匹马多花一分钱了 |
[1:09:16] | I told you that we shouldn’t have brought | 我给你说过我们不该带 |
[1:09:18] | a mustang into our stables. | 一匹野马回来的 |
[1:09:20] | Just send it back. | 把它送回去吧 |
[1:09:21] | Y-You… You can’t do that, Mother. Jo… | 你 你不能那么做 母亲 乔她 |
[1:09:24] | I can do whatever I want, George. | 我想做什么就做什么 乔治 |
[1:09:26] | And stay away from the help. | 你也给我离那个帮工远点 |
[1:09:28] | – The help? – Yes, George. The help. | -帮工 -没错 乔治 帮工 |
[1:09:30] | Jo is ten times the person you are. | 乔可比你好到不知哪里去了 |
[1:09:34] | Our time at Earlshall had tested us. | 我们在厄尔希尔的时光磨练了我们 |
[1:09:36] | George! | 乔治 |
[1:09:37] | But Jo and I were stronger because of it. | 乔和我都因此更加坚强 |
[1:09:40] | I respected George | 我很敬佩乔治 |
[1:09:41] | for standing up to his mother. | 他敢于站在他母亲的对立面 |
[1:09:43] | George! | 乔治 |
[1:09:44] | He had inherited her good breeding | 他继承了她美好的外在 |
[1:09:46] | but none of her nasty spirit. | 但一点也没遗传到她糟糕的内在 |
[1:09:51] | Jo had worked so hard, | 乔已经努力工作很久了 |
[1:09:53] | and it was almost time to go home. | 我们也差不多该回家了 |
[1:09:56] | But I would miss Ginger. | 但是我会想念金吉尔的 |
[1:10:04] | So, I’ve saved up over $800, and I’ve done the math. | 所以我存了800多刀 然后我算了下账 |
[1:10:08] | It should be enough to pay back Mr. Gordon, | 这些钱应该够还戈登先生了 |
[1:10:10] | and if I just keep going, I can finally take her away from here. | 若我继续下去 最后就可以带她离开这 |
[1:10:14] | Jo. | 乔 |
[1:10:18] | Wait, why are you visiting again? | 等一下 你来这里干嘛 |
[1:10:21] | I have terrible news. | 我有个坏消息 |
[1:10:26] | Birtwick was closing down for good. | 伯特威克要关门大吉了 |
[1:10:30] | All of the animals in it were going to be sold. | 那里所有的动物都要被出售 |
[1:10:34] | You’re my family. | 你是我的家人 |
[1:10:37] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧 |
[1:10:40] | I’m gonna find you. | 我会找到你的 |
[1:10:43] | I’m gonna save up enough money, and I’m gonna find you. | 我会存够钱然后找到你的 |
[1:10:46] | My heart stopped. My legs went numb. | 我的心脏停止了跳动 双腿几近麻木 |
[1:10:50] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:10:52] | I felt like I couldn’t even breathe. | 我觉得我甚至不能呼吸了 |
[1:10:55] | Jo was leaving me? | 乔要离开我了吗 |
[1:11:14] | – I cried. I screamed. – Wait! | -我哭喊过 嘶吼过 -等一下 |
[1:11:18] | Wait! Beauty! | 等等 美人 |
[1:11:22] | I pounded my hooves against that trailer to get them to stop. | 我用蹄子使劲撞拖车想让他们停下来 |
[1:11:27] | But it was just too late. | 但那已经太迟了 |
[1:11:31] | The only thing I could do was look back at Jo’s sweet face | 我唯一能做的只有回头看乔那甜美的脸庞 |
[1:11:36] | as she disappeared from my life completely. | 直到她完全消失在我生命里 |
[1:11:50] | Losing Jo made my old anger come back. | 离开乔导致我的老脾气又回来了 |
[1:11:55] | I began to bite and kick, | 我又开始咬人和踹人 |
[1:11:57] | anything I could do to make them send me home. | 任何我能想到让他们送我回家的事 |
[1:12:02] | But my plan didn’t work. | 但是我的计划没有成功 |
[1:12:04] | What’s up, pretty lady? | 美女 近来如何啊 |
[1:12:05] | My new owner liked the fire in me. Yeah. | 我的新主人喜欢我火辣的脾气 |
[1:12:09] | I never thought I’d say goodbye to Birtwick. | 我从没想过我会告别伯特威克 |
[1:12:11] | I’m so sorry, Jo. | 我真的很抱歉乔 |
[1:12:17] | A few years ago, I fell in love with this little bay mustang | 几年前 我爱上了一匹小野马 |
[1:12:22] | we rescued from the BLM in Nevada. | 我们把它从内华达州的土地局救了下来 |
[1:12:26] | He was half-starved but so darn pretty. | 他当时快饿死了但他真的非常漂亮 |
[1:12:31] | I called him Beau. | 我给他取名博 |
[1:12:33] | They say horses pick you, | 人们都说马会挑选它的主人 |
[1:12:36] | and Beau picked me. | 而博挑选了我 |
[1:12:39] | I trained him up right, | 我把他训练的很好 |
[1:12:40] | and he was a perfect horse. | 他是一匹完美的马 |
[1:12:42] | Boy, I cried like a baby when we gave him away. | 老天 我把他送走的时候伤心欲绝 |
[1:12:47] | And you didn’t fight to keep him? | 你没有争取把他留下么 |
[1:12:52] | If I’d fought for every horse I’d ever loved, | 如果我为每一匹我爱过的马都争取 |
[1:12:55] | I’d have a hundred of ’em. | 那我现在该有好几百匹马了 |
[1:12:58] | I don’t want a hundred horses. | 我不想要几百匹马 |
[1:13:02] | I just want one. | 我只要她 |
[1:13:06] | I’m gonna get Beauty back, Uncle John, no matter what. | 我无论如何都会把美人找回来 约翰舅舅 |
[1:13:15] | I was bought by a man named Terry | 我被一个名叫特里的人买走了 |
[1:13:17] | to help him search for people lost in the mountains. | 去帮他搜寻在山里走失的人 |
[1:13:22] | Being in nature again | 再次身处大自然中 |
[1:13:24] | brought up old memories of when I was wild. | 让我回想起了那些无拘无束的日子 |
[1:13:28] | It seemed like a lifetime ago. | 那简直就像是上辈子的事 |
[1:13:33] | Terry was a quiet man and good to me, | 特里是个很安静的人而且对我很好 |
[1:13:36] | but I couldn’t help but think Jo had been right. | 但是我总忍不住想 乔说的对 |
[1:13:40] | We should’ve run away together when we had the chance. | 我们应该在有机会的时候就一起跑掉的 |
[1:13:44] | Fell for a pretty, little mustang, hey, Terry? | 嘿 特里 你对这小马很是倾心啊 |
[1:13:48] | Well, I think she’s lovely. | 我觉得她很可爱 |
[1:13:50] | And more accustomed to this kinda terra. | 而且她更适应这种地形 |
[1:13:57] | My new life required a different side of me. | 我的新生活需要我的另一面 |
[1:14:00] | I had to be bolder and more fearless than ever before. | 我得比以往都要勇敢无畏 |
[1:14:06] | It’s getting a little dicey here. | 这里有一些危险了 |
[1:14:09] | She can do it. Come on. | 她能做到的 来吧 |
[1:14:11] | Come on. That’s my brave horse. | 来吧 这才是我勇敢的马 |
[1:14:14] | Terry, stop. It’s too steep. | 特里停下 那里太陡峭了 |
[1:14:22] | I spent two years in the mountains with Terry… | 我和特里在山里度过了两年的时光 |
[1:14:26] | and we did many brave rescues. | 我们完成了不少危险的营救 |
[1:14:30] | It was hard, lonely work… | 那是个艰苦 又孤独的活 |
[1:14:35] | but I learned new lessons about being selfless. | 但我学会了什么是无私奉献 |
[1:14:41] | Terry and I risked our lives every day | 特里和我每天都冒着生命危险 |
[1:14:43] | for people we’d never met. | 为了那些我们素昧平生的人 |
[1:14:45] | That’s my girl. That’s my girl. | 这才是我的宝贝 这才是我的宝贝 |
[1:14:51] | If Jo could see me now, I hope she would be proud of me. | 若乔现在能看到我 我希望她会以我为荣 |
[1:14:57] | Hey! Help me, please! | 嘿 救救我 求你了 |
[1:14:59] | Hang on in there! | 挺住 |
[1:15:01] | Hold on in there! | 挺住 |
[1:15:02] | – Please hurry! – I’m coming! | -求你快一点 -我来了 |
[1:15:05] | My leg is stuck! | 我的腿被卡住了 |
[1:15:08] | I stood my ground the best I could… | 我尽可能的站稳身子 |
[1:15:12] | but the will of the river was just so strong. | 但是河水实在是太湍急了 |
[1:15:15] | I got ya! | 我来了 |
[1:15:16] | But Terry was determined to save that man, and so was I. | 但特里和我决心要救下那个人 |
[1:15:20] | Hold tight there! I’m coming! | 你抓紧了 我来了 |
[1:15:30] | Only once in my life had I seen a river overflow, | 这是我生命中唯一一次看到河水泛滥 |
[1:15:33] | – and it wiped out everything in its path. – Please! | -河水冲走了一切阻挡它的东西 -求你了 |
[1:15:36] | My leg is stuck! I can’t move it! | 我的腿卡住了 我动不了 |
[1:15:43] | The water was coming down the mountain too fast. | 水流从山上湍急而下 |
[1:15:47] | – You’re gonna have to help me! – Okay. | -你得给我搭把手 -好 |
[1:15:49] | He had to hurry. | 他得抓紧了 |
[1:15:54] | Hold on! | 等一下 |
[1:16:05] | Come on! | 快 |
[1:16:09] | We weren’t going to make it. | 我们来不及了 |
[1:16:17] | Save yourself, girl. | 逃命去吧 宝贝 |
[1:16:27] | I didn’t know if a mustang had ever outrun a river… | 我不知道是否有野马跑赢过河流 |
[1:16:32] | but I was going to try. | 但我决定一试 |
[1:17:19] | Engine 5, Dispatch. Requesting backup. | 5号引擎 调度 请求支援 |
[1:17:22] | We had done it. | 我们做到了 |
[1:17:26] | I had never galloped as fast | 我一生都没有像那天那样 |
[1:17:27] | or as hard in my life as I did that day. | 飞驰的那么快那么努力 |
[1:17:30] | We’ve gotta get you to the hospital. | 我们得送你去医院 |
[1:17:32] | And I was proud to be Terry’s partner. | 我很骄傲能成为特里的搭档 |
[1:17:34] | Don’t worry, sir. We’ll tend to her. | 别担心 先生 我们会照顾好她的 |
[1:17:36] | Tanner, get the horse’s bridle and saddle off, | 塔纳 把马的缰绳和马鞍取下来 |
[1:17:39] | and make sure she has plenty to drink. | 确保她有足够的水喝 |
[1:17:42] | She was a hero today. Come on, sir. Let’s get going. | 她今天可是个英雄 来吧先生 我们走吧 |
[1:17:45] | I think Jo would have been proud of us too. | 我觉得乔也一定会为我们骄傲的 |
[1:17:49] | Goodness, girl. Your coat’s on fire. | 天呐 姑娘 你身上好烫 |
[1:17:54] | Okay. Come. | 好了 来吧 |
[1:17:57] | Like the freezing river water, | 像那冰冷的河水一般 |
[1:17:59] | the cold air rushed into my lungs. | 寒冷的空气呼啸进我的肺里 |
[1:18:04] | But the man didn’t know anything about horses. | 但这个男人一点也不懂马 |
[1:18:08] | So, he left me without my blanket. | 所以在他走的时候没有给我盖毯子 |
[1:18:14] | My legs began to shake so hard I couldn’t even stand. | 我的腿开始颤抖的厉害以至我都无法站稳 |
[1:18:20] | I turned cold all over. | 我浑身开始变冷 |
[1:18:31] | No. No, stupid kid. | 不 不 那个蠢货 |
[1:18:34] | Stupid kid. | 该死的臭小子 |
[1:18:39] | My brave horse. | 我勇敢的马 |
[1:18:42] | Come on, my girl. Get up. Get up. | 来 宝贝 站起来 起来 |
[1:18:49] | It’s colic. Her lungs are badly inflamed. | 是急性腹痛 她的肺发炎得很严重 |
[1:18:51] | I’ve given her something for the pain. | 我已经喂了她一些药缓解疼痛 |
[1:18:54] | Let’s hope she has the strength to make it through. | 让我们祈祷她足够强壮能撑过去 |
[1:19:02] | Terry stayed with me all night as my mind went into a haze. | 特里整晚都陪着我而我的意识渐渐迷失 |
[1:19:10] | I fought to stay awake… | 我挣扎着想保持清醒 |
[1:19:14] | but I could feel my spirit slipping. | 但我能感到我的精神在一点点抽离 |
[1:19:21] | Then… I saw Jo. | 然后 我看到了乔 |
[1:19:35] | Just hold on for me. | 为了我挺住 |
[1:19:41] | I’m gonna find you. | 我会找到你的 |
[1:19:45] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:19:48] | I’m gonna find you. | 我一定会找到你 |
[1:19:51] | I love you, Beauty. | 我爱你 美人 |
[1:19:56] | I don’t know if it was a dream… | 我不确定那是否是一场梦 |
[1:19:59] | or if Jo had managed to find me somehow. | 还是乔真的想办法找到我了 |
[1:20:07] | You’re up. | 你站起来了 |
[1:20:07] | Terry was a good man. | 特里是个好人 |
[1:20:08] | Oh, my. My girl, you are up. | 我的天 我的宝贝 你终于起来了 |
[1:20:11] | But he was getting older like me. | 但是他像我一样年纪慢慢大了 |
[1:20:15] | He decided to retire. | 他决定退休 |
[1:20:18] | So, I was sold again. | 所以我又被出售了 |
[1:20:23] | I was sent to a place so far in the country, | 我被送到了很偏僻的乡下 |
[1:20:27] | the farmers still used old tools to work. | 那里的农民仍在用古老的工具耕作 |
[1:20:32] | He had promised Terry he would take good care of me | 这个农民向特里承诺他会好好照顾我 |
[1:20:35] | but the farmer lied. | 但他撒谎了 |
[1:20:39] | When I felt like giving up, | 每当我想要放弃的时候 |
[1:20:42] | something my mother said kept coming back to me. | 我母亲曾说过的话就会萦绕在我脑中 |
[1:20:46] | When she told me it was impossible to break a mustang’s spirit… | 她告诉我野马的意志永不会被击垮 |
[1:20:51] | and that if things ever got really hard… | 如果事情真的变得太过艰难 |
[1:20:56] | that I should close my eyes and dream of only good things… | 我应该闭上双眼只去想生命中美好的东西 |
[1:21:03] | and that good things would return. | 然后那美好的东西就会回到你身边 |
[1:21:07] | I dreamed of Jo. | 我一直想着乔 |
[1:21:14] | I remembered back to when we were young… and free. | 我记得我们还年轻自由的时候 |
[1:21:21] | But it had been so long. | 但那真是好久好久以前了 |
[1:21:24] | Would she even remember me? | 她是否还记得我呢 |
[1:21:28] | I tried to imagine where Jo could be right now. | 我试着去想象乔现在会在哪里 |
[1:21:38] | Dear Uncle John… | 亲爱的约翰舅舅 |
[1:21:42] | Winter in the city really is beautiful. | 城市里的冬天真的很美 |
[1:21:46] | I’ve been working extra shifts, | 我一直在努力加班 |
[1:21:48] | and I’ve almost saved up enough money to buy Beauty back. | 我马上就能攒够钱把美人买回来了 |
[1:21:53] | But now, I can’t seem to find her. | 但是现在 我找不到她了 |
[1:21:57] | It’s like she disappeared. | 她就好像消失了一样 |
[1:22:00] | I knew it was just another dream, | 我知道这不过是另一个梦 |
[1:22:03] | but some days, when I thought I could almost hear Jo’s voice, | 但有的时候 当我以为我听到了乔的声音 |
[1:22:09] | I whinnied as loudly as I could | 我会大声嘶鸣 |
[1:22:11] | just in case somehow she could hear me too. | 希望说不定她也能听到我 |
[1:22:17] | I’ll never stop searching for her. Love, Jo. | 我会一直寻找她的 爱你的 乔 |
[1:22:32] | It had been almost seven years since I’d last seen Jo. | 距离我上一次见乔已经快七年了 |
[1:22:38] | We bought a horse. | 我们买了一匹马 |
[1:22:39] | But hope can be a very powerful thing | 但希望的力量可以是非常强大的 |
[1:22:42] | if you can manage to hang on to it. | 如果你能一直坚持的话 |
[1:22:45] | Bit more broken up than we want her to be, yeah, Jerry? | 这马比我们想要的要次一点 是吧 杰瑞 |
[1:22:48] | Dolly picked her out, actually. | 其实是多莉挑的 |
[1:22:49] | She’s beautiful underneath. She’s just tired. That’s all. | 她很漂亮的 她只是累了而已 |
[1:22:53] | You’re right, honey. You should never judge a book by its cover. | 你说得对 宝贝 不应该以貌取人 |
[1:22:59] | My new stall was the smallest I’d ever been in. | 我的新马厩是我住过最小的 |
[1:23:01] | Easy now. There you go. | 放轻松 好嘞 |
[1:23:02] | – And there were no pastures in sight. – That’s it. | -所见之处也没有牧场 -就是这样 |
[1:23:05] | Only concrete and walls. | 只有混凝土和墙壁 |
[1:23:06] | Let’s get her settled in. | 我们让她安顿下来吧 |
[1:23:08] | I was scared to be left alone in that place. | 我对独自待在这感到害怕 |
[1:23:24] | Dolly reminded me of Jo, and her touch was kind. | 多莉让我想起了乔 她的触摸很温柔 |
[1:23:28] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:23:30] | Like she knew exactly how to calm me. | 就好像她很清楚如何安抚我一样 |
[1:23:35] | Slow down around the horses. | 在马厩里不要跑 |
[1:23:38] | I bet she was an amazing horse when she was younger. | 我敢打赌她年轻的时候一定非常出色 |
[1:23:41] | And she will be again with some good treatment. | 只要我们照顾好她 她会重新变得出色的 |
[1:23:45] | What do you think we should name her, Jer? | 杰尔你觉得我们应该叫她什么 |
[1:23:47] | I was thinking Jackie, after the old one. | 我在想是不是沿用之前的名字杰姬 |
[1:23:49] | What do you think, guys? | 你们觉得呢 |
[1:23:50] | How about Lady? Because she’s so elegant. | 叫淑女怎么样 因为她好优雅 |
[1:23:54] | Then the name is all hers. | 那就叫淑女吧 |
[1:23:56] | That’s a great idea, Dolly. Lady it is. | 真是个好主意多莉 就叫淑女吧 |
[1:23:59] | Lady. | 淑女 |
[1:24:08] | Take your time. You’re not in any rush. | 慢慢来 没在赶时间 |
[1:24:12] | The carriage was strange to pull at first… | 一开始拉马车感觉有些奇怪 |
[1:24:15] | but Jerry didn’t force me. | 但杰瑞没有强迫我 |
[1:24:18] | What can I get ya? | 需要来点什么 |
[1:24:20] | I came to like the park and all the faces in it. | 我开始喜欢上公园和里面的人们 |
[1:24:26] | I knew I had found my way to the city for a reason. | 我知道我辗转回到城市是为了什么 |
[1:24:37] | I couldn’t believe how many people visited that place. | 我不敢相信有多少人参观那个地方 |
[1:24:41] | Thousands. | 成千上万人 |
[1:24:42] | And so I was sure, that somehow, I would find Jo. | 所以我很确定 我能找到乔的 |
[1:24:50] | I missed her so much | 我太想念她了 |
[1:24:52] | that I started seeing her everywhere. | 以至于我开始不管在哪都能看到她的影子 |
[1:24:55] | What’s going on, Lady? | 怎么了 淑女 |
[1:24:58] | You looking for someone? | 你在找谁吗 |
[1:25:02] | Want me to take you to brunch? | 要我带你去吃早午餐吗 |
[1:25:05] | Walk on. | 继续走吧 |
[1:25:07] | But I would not give up hope. | 但我不会放弃希望 |
[1:25:10] | I knew in my heart I would find her. | 我内心知道我会找到她的 |
[1:25:21] | Every day, I looked. | 每一天 我寻觅着 |
[1:25:49] | I knew that horse. | 我认识那匹马 |
[1:25:53] | It was Ginger. | 她是金吉尔 |
[1:25:56] | I couldn’t believe how much she’d changed. | 我不敢相信她变了这么多 |
[1:26:01] | Ginger’s once powerful body was just skin and bones. | 金吉尔那曾经强壮的身体只剩皮包骨了 |
[1:26:07] | The fire and life in her eyes | 她眼里的火焰与活力 |
[1:26:09] | had been replaced by deep sadness. | 早已被深切的悲伤所替代 |
[1:26:14] | She told me she had won many prizes for George, | 她告诉我她为乔治赢了很多奖 |
[1:26:18] | but when he left for school, | 但在他去上学后 |
[1:26:20] | his mother had sold her without him even knowing. | 他的母亲在他不知情的情况下把她卖掉了 |
[1:26:25] | – Hey, how much for a ride? – I’m your man, boys. | -坐一次多少钱 -找我就对了 小伙们 |
[1:26:29] | While my mustang heart could endure that hard life | 虽然我的野马之心还能忍受这艰苦的生活 |
[1:26:33] | just for the hope of seeing Jo again… | 为了能再次见到乔 |
[1:26:37] | I knew Ginger didn’t have someone to hope for anymore. | 但我知道金吉尔不再对谁抱有希望 |
[1:26:42] | I also knew it was the last time I would ever see her. | 我也知道这将是我最后一次见到她 |
[1:26:46] | Okay. Come on. | 好了 走吧 |
[1:26:49] | I’ll never forget Ginger’s final words to me. | 我永远不会忘记金吉尔最后对我说的话 |
[1:26:53] | She said Merrylegs and I were the only friends she ever had. | 她说梅里莱格和我是她仅有过的朋友 |
[1:27:00] | Move on. | 走吧 |
[1:27:11] | Beauty? | 美人吗 |
[1:27:13] | Move on, Lady. | 快走吧 淑女 |
[1:27:18] | Good girl. Good girl. | 好姑娘 好姑娘 |
[1:27:23] | Thanks for getting through a rough night, girl. You’re a good… | 谢谢你熬过了漫长的一晚 姑娘你是个好 |
[1:27:36] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 我没事 我没事 |
[1:27:38] | But Jerry wasn’t fine. | 但杰瑞不太好 |
[1:27:41] | The cold had climbed into his lungs, just like when I was sick. | 寒冷侵袭了他的肺 就像我以前生病一样 |
[1:27:57] | Hello, lovely one. | 你好 小可爱 |
[1:27:58] | Nice looking horse. | 这马品相不错 |
[1:28:00] | The doctor said Jerry can’t drive for the rest of the winter, | 医生说这个冬天杰瑞不能再驾马了 |
[1:28:03] | maybe even until spring. | 也许春天也不行 |
[1:28:06] | We need the money. | 我们需要钱 |
[1:28:08] | I can put her into my rotation. | 我可以让她加入我的轮班 |
[1:28:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:28:14] | After I was taken from Jo, | 在我被从乔身边带走后 |
[1:28:16] | I didn’t think my life could get any worse… | 我没想过我的生活还能更糟 |
[1:28:20] | but I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[1:28:22] | Nice and slow. Come on. That’s okay. | 很好慢一点 来吧 没事的 |
[1:28:25] | The smells in that stable reeked of mold and old hay. | 那个马厩里弥漫着霉菌和旧干草的味道 |
[1:28:30] | The horses were mean from bad treatment. | 马儿们被糟糕地对待 |
[1:28:33] | I couldn’t imagine what they’d want from me next. | 我不能想象下一步他们要对我做什么 |
[1:28:36] | Buenas noches, Lady. | 晚安 淑女 |
[1:28:40] | The rotation meant I was on my feet day and night. | 轮班意味着我要夜以继日地工作 |
[1:28:44] | – Jerry had been kind… – Whoa, whoa. Easy. | -杰瑞过去对我很好 -放松 |
[1:28:46] | – …and most drivers were like him… – Easy, easy. | -大部分车夫都和他一样 -慢点 慢点 |
[1:28:48] | …but not all people in the world are good. | 但这世上不是所有人都是好人 |
[1:28:58] | Come on. | 快 |
[1:29:11] | I knew it was Ginger. | 我知道那是金吉尔 |
[1:29:14] | She was at peace at last. | 她终于得到了安宁 |
[1:29:20] | How could some people not understand | 为什么总有一些人不明白 |
[1:29:22] | that horses can feel what they do? | 马儿们可以感受到他们所做的一切 |
[1:29:25] | Jo knew that I could feel love and sadness. | 乔就知道我可以感受到爱和悲伤 |
[1:29:28] | What’s the matter with you? Come on! | 你怎么回事 快点 |
[1:29:31] | But others thought it was okay to just throw a horse’s life away | 但有些人就认为可以随意草菅马命 |
[1:29:35] | like it meant nothing. | 就像那什么都不是一样 |
[1:29:39] | And that broke my heart. | 而那伤透了我的心 |
[1:29:44] | I mean, where are the years that a horse | 我的意思是 那些年一匹马 |
[1:29:46] | could work eight, ten hours a day? | 一天可以工作八个 十个小时 |
[1:29:47] | But that was too many hours, Tom, | 但那时间太长了 汤姆 |
[1:29:48] | as evidenced by the fact that your horse | 昨天你的马倒在了外面大街上 |
[1:29:50] | was outside on the streets yesterday. | 就证明了这一点 |
[1:30:09] | Midtown Stables. | 市中心马厩 |
[1:30:11] | Nope. No black horse in my barn. | 没有 我的马厩里没有黑色的马 |
[1:30:15] | Yeah, yeah, I saw the papers. Yeah, it’s just terrible. | 是 是 我看到报纸了 是的 太糟糕了 |
[1:30:19] | I bet you were hermosa back in your day. | 我敢说你以前一定是埃尔莫萨 |
[1:30:22] | Means pretty. | 漂亮的意思 |
[1:30:23] | Sure, sure. I’ll ask around. | 好的 好的 我会问问 |
[1:30:29] | You’re a famous horse now. See? | 你现在出名了 看见了吗 |
[1:30:33] | She’s useless if she can’t work. | 如果她不能工作她就没用了 |
[1:30:35] | I have a guy who can take… you know, take care of her. | 我认识一个人可以 你知道 处理好她 |
[1:30:39] | Yeah, but if you put her out to pasture, | 是 但如果你把她放到牧场 |
[1:30:40] | she should recover in a couple of months. | 过几个月她就能恢复 |
[1:30:42] | Not worth the money. | 不值得 |
[1:30:48] | Midtown Stables. | 市中心马厩 |
[1:30:50] | No, miss. I’m sorry. I really don’t know | 没有 小姐 对不起 我真的不知道 |
[1:30:52] | anything about that horse. | 关于那匹马的任何事情 |
[1:30:55] | Just really terrible. Oh, sure, sure. I’ll… I’ll ask around. | 真的很糟糕 当然 我会问问的 |
[1:31:03] | Even more reason to be rid of it. | 更有理由处理掉它了 |
[1:31:05] | Hey. What are you doing in there? Get back to work. | 嘿 你在那儿干什么 回去工作 |
[1:31:08] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[1:31:11] | Well, Mr. Skinner, thanks for coming around here. | 斯金纳先生 谢谢您能来 |
[1:31:14] | I have this huge land. I can take as many as you can give. | 我那边地方很大 你有多少马我都能接手 |
[1:31:17] | Here’s the first one. She’s gotten lame on me. | 这是第一匹 她已经瘸了 |
[1:31:19] | The front leg. She’s about 1,200 pounds. | 前腿 她大概有1200磅 |
[1:31:22] | This is what we agreed on for her, | 这是我们之前说好的价钱 |
[1:31:24] | and here’s the other one we talked about. | 这里还有另一匹我们之前谈过的 |
[1:31:26] | What, over there? | 什么 那边的吗 |
[1:31:28] | You should happily take her. We got a deal? | 拿下她您该很开心 我们成交了吗 |
[1:31:30] | – Absolutely. – Great. | -当然 -太好了 |
[1:31:32] | – Well, let me take you to the office. – Now listen. | -那让我带你去办公室 -听着 |
[1:31:35] | You got any more, just phone me, okay? | 你要是有更多的马 就给我来电话 好吗 |
[1:31:36] | For sure. | 一定 |
[1:31:37] | I knew something bad was coming… | 我知道有坏事要发生 |
[1:31:41] | but I felt more sorry for the little bay mare, | 但我更为那匹小母马难过 |
[1:31:44] | who was so exhausted, | 她是那么疲惫不堪 |
[1:31:46] | she didn’t care what happened to her. | 已经不在乎什么事会发生在她身上 |
[1:31:49] | I wondered if she ever had someone to love her | 我想知道她是否曾经拥有某个人 |
[1:31:52] | like Jo had loved me. | 像乔爱我一样爱她 |
[1:31:55] | And I wished, somehow, I could see her just one last time. | 我期盼着 我能最后再见到她一次 |
[1:32:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:32:13] | A white star. Yes, she does. | 白色的星形 是的 她有 |
[1:32:23] | Let’s make this fast. | 让我们快点 |
[1:32:24] | I don’t like being here with these things. | 我不喜欢和这些东西待在一起 |
[1:32:34] | – Which one? – That’s her there. | -哪一匹 -她在那儿 |
[1:32:37] | What the hell? Back. Let’s get back in there. | 搞什么 往后退 退回里面去 |
[1:32:40] | Stand still. | 站着别动 |
[1:32:41] | I knew they had come for me. | 我知道他们要抓我走了 |
[1:32:46] | But if it really was the end | 但如果这真的是结束 |
[1:32:47] | I wouldn’t make it easy on them. | 我不会让他们轻易得逞 |
[1:32:54] | Back up, horse! | 回去 马儿 |
[1:32:55] | I was a mustang, strong and proud and wild. | 我是一匹野马 强壮骄傲且狂野 |
[1:33:00] | And I would defend myself until my final breath. | 我会为自己战斗到生命的最后一刻 |
[1:33:03] | – Jo would have wanted that. – Get back, horse! | -这是乔所希望的 -退回去 马儿 |
[1:33:05] | My mother would have too. | 也是我母亲所希望的 |
[1:33:07] | My God, how did this pass code? | 我的天啊 这地方是怎么通过检查的 |
[1:33:10] | Let’s see some ID, fellas. | 让我们看下身份证 伙计们 |
[1:33:12] | We’ve heard some rumors about horses disappearing. | 我们听到一些传言说有马失踪了 |
[1:33:14] | – Come on. Let me see. – I’ve done nothing wrong. | -来吧 让我看看 -我没做坏事 |
[1:33:16] | – Come on. – Let me see your ID. | -拜托 -让我看看你的身份证 |
[1:33:17] | – Have to take you in, man. – This is wrong. | -必须把你带回去 伙计 -这是不对的 |
[1:33:19] | – Let us decide that. – Seriously? Stop. | -让我们来决定 -认真的吗 停下 |
[1:33:21] | It doesn’t matter, ma’am. All right? Just… | 那不重要女士 好吗 就 |
[1:33:24] | – Please. Just let me go. – Let the girl go! | -请让我过去 -让那个女孩进来 |
[1:33:26] | Really. | 真的 |
[1:33:41] | Beauty? | 美人吗 |
[1:33:47] | Is that you, girl? | 那是你吗 姑娘 |
[1:33:54] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[1:33:59] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[1:34:03] | It’s Jo. | 是乔 |
[1:34:06] | Was it just another dream? | 这是另一个梦吗 |
[1:34:15] | Oh, my Beauty. | 我的美人 |
[1:34:18] | I promised I’d find you. | 我说过我会找到你 |
[1:34:22] | It was really her. | 真的是她 |
[1:34:25] | My Jo. | 我的乔 |
[1:34:29] | My Beauty. | 我的美人 |
[1:34:35] | That was the happiest day of my life. | 那是我这一生中最开心的一天 |
[1:34:40] | And I finally understood what it was that | 而我终于明白了是什么 |
[1:34:43] | kept Jo and I connected all that time. | 一直连接着我和乔 |
[1:34:47] | It was because we shared the same mustang spirit. | 那是因为我们都有着同样的野马精神 |
[1:34:55] | I’m so proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[1:35:03] | We’ve been looking for you for a long time, Beauty. | 我们找了你很久了 美人 |
[1:35:06] | Don’t worry. Your friends are coming with us. | 不要担心 你的朋友会和我们一起走 |
[1:35:16] | Adios, hermosa | 再见了 美人 |
[1:35:24] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[1:35:29] | I could smell the salt on the air again. | 我又能闻到空气里的咸味了 |
[1:35:33] | I was going home at last. | 我终于回到家了 |
[1:35:40] | Jo had done it. | 乔做到了 |
[1:35:50] | I had never seen such a funny little horse… | 我从来没见过那么有趣的小马 |
[1:35:54] | …except for Merrylegs. And he had a family. | 除了梅里莱格外 他有了一个家庭 |
[1:35:58] | Remember your old friend? | 还记得你的老朋友吗 |
[1:35:59] | I found him while I was looking for you. | 我在寻找你的时候找到了他 |
[1:36:12] | You’re home. | 你到家了 |
[1:36:17] | Anna… | 安娜 |
[1:36:19] | this… is Beauty. | 这是美人 |
[1:36:24] | Would you like to say hello? | 想打个招呼吗 |
[1:36:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:36:31] | Would you like to touch her nose? | 想摸摸他的鼻子吗 |
[1:36:34] | It’s very soft. | 很柔软的 |
[1:36:36] | – She’ll bite me. – She will not. | -她会咬我吗 -她不会的 |
[1:36:40] | We taught each other well… | 很久以前 |
[1:36:43] | a long time ago. | 我们就教会了彼此 |
[1:36:53] | I thought you said she was wild. | 我记得你说过她很狂野 |
[1:36:55] | She was… once. | 她 曾经是 |
[1:37:00] | As wild as wild can be. | 最狂野的 |
[1:37:04] | She saved my life, you know. | 你知道吗 她救过我的 |
[1:37:07] | How could a horse save a person? | 一匹马怎么救一个人呢 |
[1:37:11] | I’d love to tell you. | 我很乐意告诉你 |
[1:37:17] | So, when I was growing up, | 在我还小的时候 |
[1:37:18] | something happened that changed my life… forever. | 发生了一些事永远改变了我的生活 |
[1:37:23] | And Beauty’s actually why I started this place. | 我其实是因为美人才开的这个马场 |
[1:37:26] | I was so proud of who she had become. | 我好骄傲她能变成现在的模样 |
[1:37:36] | Give him a good pat. And tell him, “Thank you.” | 拍拍他 然后给他说 “谢谢” |
[1:37:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:43] | Always remember to say thank you. | 永远记得说谢谢 |
[1:37:58] | Welcome home, Beauty. | 欢迎回来 美人 |
[1:38:03] | Home. | 家 |
[1:38:06] | I was finally back where I was meant to be. | 我终于回到了我梦寐以求的地方 |
[1:38:47] | A wise horse once told me… | 一匹睿智的马曾告诉过我 |
[1:38:50] | a mustang’s spirit can never be broken. | 野马的意志永不会被击垮 |
[1:38:56] | That it has the strength of the ocean… | 它有着大海般的力量 |
[1:38:59] | and lives forever, like the wind. | 永远不朽 就像风一样 |
[1:39:05] | It took me a long time to realize why that was true, | 我花了很长时间才明白为什么那是真的 |
[1:39:10] | but now I know it is because a true mustang | 我现在知道了 因为一匹真正的野马 |
[1:39:13] | never gives up on hope… or on love. | 从不放弃希望 或者爱 |
[1:39:23] | And as my final moments found me | 在我生命的最后时刻 |
[1:39:26] | and I galloped toward the sky… | 我奔向天空 |
[1:39:30] | I realized my mother was right. | 我意识到我的母亲是对的 |
[1:39:35] | It really did feel like flying. | 那真的就像是在飞翔 |