时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Previously on Billions. | |
[00:22] | What is that A fire crackling | 那是什么 壁炉吗 |
[00:24] | Yeah. Lobby bar. It’s homey. | 对大厅酒吧很温馨 |
[00:27] | -All of you are gonna get one. -This’ll track your sleep, | 你们都会得到一个-这会追踪你的睡眠 |
[00:29] | your resting heart rate, and other vitals | 你的静息心率 还有其他重要体征 |
[00:31] | in the name of well-being and productivity. | 为了健康和提高生产力 |
[00:34] | You wear it 24/7. | 你们要全天候佩戴 |
[00:35] | FBI! | 联调局 |
[00:36] | Spread out! | |
[00:37] | Dr. Gilbert, my name is Chuck Rhoades. | 吉尔伯特医生 我叫查克·罗兹 |
[00:40] | -You know I’m innocent. -Innocent | 你知道我是无辜的-无辜的 |
[00:42] | No, I can not credit that assertion. | 不我可不敢这么说 |
[00:44] | We’ll make a dang fortune. / And this is the kind of idea | 我们能够大赚一笔 这正好就是 |
[00:47] | custom-made to campaign on. | 为竞选定制的创新 |
[00:50] | He’s one of the heads of the firm. | 他是公司的一名主管 |
[00:51] | Young guy named Philip Charyn finds himself | 一位叫菲利普·查恩的年轻人 |
[00:54] | on the opposite side of Prince. | 和普林斯站在了对立面 |
[00:55] | Sounds Byzantine. | 听起来有拜占庭的味道 |
[00:57] | It seemed to me that he was asking me | 在我看来他是想要我 |
[00:59] | to bring you in on the situation. | 把你拉进来 |
[01:00] | -Do I need to call a lawyer-You sent for me. | -我需要叫律师吗-是你找我的 |
[01:03] | You didn’t tape an ” X” to a telephone pole, | 你没有在电线杆上标× |
[01:05] | but you asked for a meet just the same. | 但是你还是要求和我见面 |
[01:07] | I love that you’re ditching | 我欣赏你 |
[01:08] | your race for Congress | 放弃了竞选国会议员 |
[01:09] | You should go long, Purell. I’m not ditching a thing. | 你应该去做多洗手液我什么都没放弃 |
[01:12] | But you’re still here | 但是你还是留在这 |
[01:13] | Most important actions a president can take | 作为总统你能做出大的最重要的抉择 |
[01:16] | are those that assure | 就是确保 |
[01:18] | that no nuclear weapon is ever fired. | 不会动用核武器 |
[01:20] | If a hostile nation state were going to initiate, | 如果敌对国家计划发动袭击 |
[01:22] | I would be open to launching first | 我愿意采取先发制人的打击 |
[01:23] | in order to shut them down. | 制止他们 |
[01:25] | Even if it may mean the end of the world as we know it. | 即便这意味着毁灭我们所了解的世界吗 |
[01:27] | People without self-doubt should never put themselves | 没有自我怀疑的人不应该 |
[01:31] | in a position of complete power. | 担任拥有绝对权力的职位 |
[01:33] | They’re the only ones who should rule | 只有这样的人才应该统治 |
[01:34] | because the other people let self-doubt rule them. | 因为其他人只会被自我怀疑制约 |
[01:36] | That would never be me. | 我就绝对不会那样 |
[01:59] | Now we take our time * | 消磨时光 |
[02:03] | FRAUNCES TAVERN BLOCK HISTORIC DISTRICT So nonchalant * | 如此悠闹 |
[02:06] | So nonchalant * | 如此悠闹 |
[02:06] | And spend our nights * | 度过夜晚 |
[02:09] | 72 So bon vivant* | 充满活力 |
[02:12] | We dress our days * | 用绸缎 |
[02:16] | In silken robes * | 装点生活 |
[02:20] | The money comes * | 财富来去 |
[02:21] | The money goes * | 了无定数 |
[02:25] | We know it’s all * | 一切不过 |
[02:28] | A passing phase * | Pistor ante 过眼云烟 |
[02:37] | We light our lamps * | 点亮台灯 |
[02:40] | For atmosphere * | 烘托气氛 |
[02:43] | And hang our hopes * | 将希望 |
[02:46] | On chandeliers * | 挂在吊灯上 |
[02:50] | We’re going long * | 渐行渐远 |
[02:53] | We’re gaining weight * | 身材走形 |
[02:56] | We’re sleeping long * | 坠入长眠 |
[02:58] | Hope you enjoy. Take your time. | 希望你享受不要着急 |
[03:01] | Thank you, Sal. | 谢谢你萨尔 |
[03:07] | Counselor, you’ve been eyeing me all night. | 律师你看了我一晚上了 |
[03:10] | You’re the only other person in the establishment. | 店里就你一个人 |
[03:13] | Not sure where else I might look. | 我也没别人可以看 |
[03:14] | I didn’t say you were looking at me. | 我说的不是你的动作 |
[03:16] | I said you were eyeing me. | 我说的是你有求于我 |
[03:18] | Of course you’re looking. We’re talking | 当然你在看着我 我们在说话 |
[03:20] | But, uh, your eyes keep searching my face, | 但是你的眼睛在我的脸上梭巡 |
[03:23] | trying to find an answer. | 想要找答案 |
[03:24] | Only thing is, you’re dancing around the question. | 只是问题在于你在逃避问题 |
[03:29] | Once a cop, huh | 一朝是警察 |
[03:30] | Even in retirement. | 退休了都改不了 |
[03:31] | Not observant’cause I was an officer of the law. | 我不是因为当了警察才会察言观色 |
[03:35] | Reason I was an effective officer of the law, | 我之所以警察干得出色 |
[03:37] | reason I rose in the ranks as I did | 能够平步青云 |
[03:39] | that’s because, to start, I had the power of observation, | 那是因为我本身就懂得明察秋毫 |
[03:43] | which, you want to know what that really is | 你想要知道那是什么 |
[03:46] | I suspect I’m gonna hear your perspective on it. | 我得听听你的意见 |
[03:48] | So, yeah, sure. | 好啊没问题 |
[03:51] | It’s the refusal to look away. | 这是一件不能坐视不管的事情 |
[03:53] | We all want to, | 我们都想这么做 |
[03:55] | especially when we glimpse something | 特别是我们见了我们不想看到的 |
[03:56] | we’d prefer not to see, | 东西的时候 |
[03:58] | or we notice something we’d rather not deal with. | 或者留意到我们不愿意对付的东西的时候 |
[04:00] | You know, guys know their wife is stepping out on them | 你知道有的人知道自己的老婆出轨 |
[04:03] | months, years before they bring themselves | 花了几个月几年之后 |
[04:06] | to accept that knowledge. | 才接受事实 |
[04:08] | Same way an investor has that sneaky feeling in his stomach | 就像投资者感觉到 |
[04:11] | that his money guy is lying to him. | 管账的人在撒谎一样 |
[04:13] | But he writes it off to the last veal parm he had for lunch.. | 但是他把不自在归结为午餐不消化 |
[04:15] | And you think you’ve noticed something | 你觉得你从我的 |
[04:17] | in how my eyes are alighting on your face | 眼神里看到了什么 |
[04:20] | If you stall much longer, | 如果你再拖下去 |
[04:22] | we’re gonna have to ask them to open for breakfast | 我们就得让他们上早餐了 |
[04:24] | And they didn’t even do that for Sinatra | 辛纳屈来的时候 |
[04:26] | when he was sitting back over there | 坐在那边 |
[04:28] | in the sanctified seats | 他们都不答应 |
[04:29] | Well, I’m sure they would have, if he’d asked. | 我相信如果他要求了 他们是不会拒绝的 |
[04:34] | Chuck, we’ve supped | 查克 我们吃也吃了 |
[04:36] | We’veli bated | 喝也喝了 |
[04:38] | Now is the time, huh | 现在是时候了 |
[04:45] | Okay, okay. | 好吧好吧 |
[04:48] | Now is the time. | 现在是时候了 |
[04:50] | Just out with it, Rhoades. | 有话直说罗兹 |
[04:55] | The practice of making sure a guilty man goes down, | 说的就是在执行逮捕的警官和同事认为某个人确实有罪 |
[05:00] | whether the evidence exists or needs to be helped along, | 在证据缺乏或存疑的情况下 |
[05:03] | when no doubt exists in the minds | 采取行动 |
[05:06] | of the arresting officers, their peers, et cetera. | 确认该人伏法的做法 |
[05:12] | It used to happen sometimes. | 有这档事 |
[05:14] | Still does, I’m sure. | 我敢说现在还有 |
[05:17] | Guy would stick a bag of dope in a wife-beater’s car. | 在打老婆的人车里放一包毒品 |
[05:20] | That kind of thing | 这类事情 |
[05:21] | Because you knew the world would be better with him gone. | 因为你知道他被捕世界会变得更好 |
[05:24] | Yeah, but… | 对但是 |
[05:26] | it never works the way the cop thinks it will, | 这种事从来不会按照警察的想法发展 |
[05:29] | flaking a guy. | 给别人栽赃 |
[05:31] | Not really. | 现实不是那回事 |
[05:32] | Somewhere between the idea and the execution, things go wrong. | 在想法和执行之间 会出问题 |
[05:37] | You gotta have the evidence of guilt of the actual crime, | 你得掌握实际犯罪的对应证据 |
[05:40] | not the crime you think he might commit | 而不是你认为他可能犯下或者 |
[05:43] | or also committed. | 同样犯下罪行的证据 |
[05:44] | The one you’re arresting him for. | 要的是对应你逮捕原因的证据 |
[05:47] | Or else | 不然的话 |
[05:48] | Anima in peri culo. | 灵魂就要有危险 |
[05:51] | You remember some of the Latin the nuns gave you. | 你还记得主日学校学的拉丁语 |
[05:53] | That brings a smile. But if I wanted to ensure | 真让人动容 但是我想要确保 |
[05:56] | my soul would never be in peril, | 我的灵魂不会有危险 |
[05:57] | I’d have become, I don’t know, a veterinarian. | 我就得去当兽医了 |
[06:01] | Yeah. | 是 |
[06:03] | But still, this is different. | 不过这件事不一样 |
[06:06] | What it does to a person’s insides to frame someone. | 嫁祸别人对一个人的心里会造成影响 |
[06:10] | And that’s still not why it’s on my “do not recommend ” list. | 那还不是我不建议这么做的原因 |
[06:16] | The problem is, | 问题在于 |
[06:18] | the system collapses under its own weight. | 体制会在白身的重压之下崩溃 |
[06:21] | Not right away. Soon enough. | 不是一朝一夕的事情 但是迟早会发生 |
[06:24] | Those lines on the road to justice exist to serve everyone. | 司法的底线的存在是为了服务于所有人的 |
[06:28] | They should not be traipsed over. | 不应该被越 |
[06:30] | But what if the guy isn’t only guilty, | 但是如果有人不光有罪 |
[06:34] | but a continuing and enormous danger to society | 而且持续对社会 |
[06:40] | To the world | 对世界造成巨大威胁 |
[06:42] | So it is some kind of permission you’re after, not guidance. | 所以你是想要获得许可不是引导 |
[06:49] | I can’t grant it. | 这我不能给你 |
[06:51] | I won’t. | 我不愿意这么做 |
[06:52] | Bad for you. Bad for the whole deal. | 对你个人对于大局来说都不好 |
[06:56] | You want absolution in advance, | 你想要事先获得免 |
[06:58] | take it up with a commissioner of a different department | 去找别的警局的局长去吧 |
[07:12] | Why can’t you get this guy | 你为什么不能依靠你自己职位的 |
[07:13] | under the legitimate weight of your own office | 司法权威给这个人定罪 |
[07:15] | Because this guy can’t be got with normal methods | 因为这个人不是用常规手段能抓到的 |
[07:18] | He’s a king. | 他是枭首 |
[07:21] | But a mad king. | 但是是个疯子 |
[07:24] | Now you said something. | 这下你说到点子上了 |
[07:26] | Old days, when a king was confirmed mad | 古时候在国王确认失去理智之后 |
[07:29] | that’s when his own court was ready to depose him | 他白己的朝臣会罢他 |
[07:33] | Help depose him. | 参与罢他的行动 |
[07:35] | They usually ended up without heads for their trouble. | 这些人通常会掉脑袋 |
[07:37] | Well, if they were in the court, they probably had it coming | 如果他们助为虐大概是罪有应得 |
[07:42] | Find them. | 找到他们 |
[07:43] | Use their own outrage against him. | 用他们的怨气来对付他 |
[07:48] | I happen to care about at least one | 我对其中的一个朝臣 |
[07:51] | of these particular courtiers. | 特别在乎 |
[08:02] | Then there’s only one thing to do | 那么就只剩下一件事了 |
[08:06] | Drink, my friend. | 喝吧我的朋友 |
[08:38] | I was sitting there at my desk, | 我坐在我的桌边 |
[08:40] | waiting for everyone else but you to leave | 等着除了你之外所有人离开 |
[08:42] | And I sat there for another hour… | 然后我又坐了一个小时 |
[08:46] | deciding. | 跨不决 |
[08:51] | I think there’s a mutiny in the works. | 我觉得有人要谋反 |
[08:54] | Evidence | 证据呢 |
[08:55] | Circumstantial but strongly suggestive. | 间接证据 但是迹象很明显 |
[09:01] | I was doing my usual post-decision review process – | 我在做通常的决策后回顾时 |
[09:05] | You do that How often | 你多长时间做一次 |
[09:06] | Once a week, so I don’t get sloppy. | 一周一次 以免我有疏漏 |
[09:07] | And whilst reviewing, something came clear. | 回顾的过程中有件事情变得明了起来 |
[09:10] | The moment I went to tell Prince I was leaving the firm. | 我去告诉普林斯我要离开公司的那一刻 |
[09:14] | The idea to do that, to leave, | 去这么做的主意 |
[09:17] | wasn’t really mine. | 并不来自我自己 |
[09:19] | Who whispered it, then | 那么是谁出的 |
[09:21] | Wags put it in my head, | 是瓦格斯给了我这个想法 |
[09:23] | and I don’t think it was out of the goodness of his heart. | 我觉得他不是出于好心 |
[09:25] | You think he wanted to get rid of you | 你觉得他想要除掉你 |
[09:26] | He came on like he was looking out for me. | 他并表现出为我着想的样子 |
[09:30] | He doesn’t do that. | 他不是那种人 |
[09:31] | And that insight made me rethink something else. | 这个见解让我会想到其他的事情 |
[09:33] | A few times, when I’ve approached small groups, | 有几次在我接近一些小团体的时候 |
[09:37] | they changed the conversation or stopped talking entirely | 他们不是转移话题就是停止交谈 |
[09:43] | Should we wake Prince | 我们要不要通知普林斯 |
[09:46] | Not yet. No. | 还不行不要 |
[09:48] | When did this happen Who are the groups | 这是什么时候的事都有什么人 |
[09:50] | I took contemporaneous notes. Here. | 我记下了即时的笔记 在这 |
[09:57] | Let’s pull it up. | 去调录音吧 |
[09:59] | -Pull it up-Yeah. | 调录音-对 |
[10:01] | As old Warner Wolf used to say,” Let’s go to the videotape.” | 就像沃纳·沃尔夫所说的去看录像带 |
[10:04] | We record everything except privileged conversations. | 除了保密的谈话我们什么都录 |
[10:08] | You record those too, don’t you | 保密的你也录是不是 |
[10:11] | – Don’t we – Come on. | -不是吗-我们走 |
[10:29] | I have been walking and thinking about this all night. | 我一边走一边琢磨了一夜 |
[10:34] | After the eating and drinking, I mean. | 在用完晚餐之后 |
[10:37] | Hmm. I inferred that part. | 我猜到了 |
[10:39] | The kids are sleeping, so let’s keep it quiet-ish. | 孩子们在睡觉所以我们得小点声 |
[10:42] | Easy. Not that kind of drunk. | 别激动不是那种事 |
[10:46] | The inquisitive kind. | 看来是有话要问 |
[10:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:52] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[11:02] | Fire away. | 尽管问 |
[11:06] | How do you convince somebody you won’t hurt them | 如果你是真心不想伤害一个人 |
[11:10] | if you really mean it | 你要怎么说服他们 |
[11:13] | Do you need me to play along | 你要我配合你 |
[11:14] | like I think you’re asking theoretically, | 装作你是在提假设的问题 |
[11:16] | or about some random person I don’t know | 或者谈论的是我不认识的人吗 |
[11:19] | I do not, no. | 不需要 |
[11:23] | I have been ruminating about what caused you | 我在考虑是什么导致你 |
[11:27] | to send your charge Philip to me. | 把你的客户菲利普交到我这 |
[11:31] | Sent him because he asked. | 因为他要求了 |
[11:34] | Do you need me to play along | 你需要我配合你 |
[11:36] | like that’s true | 演戏吗 |
[11:38] | I do not. | 不用 |
[11:39] | No. | 不 |
[11:42] | But I do need a reason to keep this going. | 但是我需要一个继续谈话的理由 |
[11:49] | The Philip thing made me fairly certain | 菲利普那件事让我确定 |
[11:52] | that you see Prince t the way I do. | 你我对普林斯的看法一致 |
[11:57] | Before I respond to that… | 在我回答之前 |
[12:00] | I need to know. | 我需要知道 |
[12:02] | What do you see in him that’s different | 你在他身上看到了与你平常目标 |
[12:05] | than what you see in any other target | 不同的哪些地方 |
[12:09] | Well, the self-interest is the same. | 自我中心是一致的 |
[12:13] | The scope and scale of the ambition is not. | 但是野心的范围和广度完全不同 |
[12:18] | Nor the grandiosity of vision. | 其设想的狂妄程度也不能相提并论 |
[12:22] | Sure, others of his general stature bilk society | 当然 其他像他这样的人也会压榨社会 |
[12:26] | while padding their own pockets, | 中饱私囊 |
[12:28] | but not a one of them that I have personally chased | 但是我之前对付的人 |
[12:32] | had the desire or capability to get to where his hand | 没有一个拥有想要发动先发制人进行 |
[12:35] | was on the nuclear button so he could press it first | 核打击的野心和能力 |
[12:44] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[12:45] | Yes, this guy would, or could, at least. | 对这个人会 至少有可能 |
[12:49] | ” Could ” is unacceptable | 有可能不能接受 |
[12:52] | What if I agreed with that | 如果我同意这种观点 |
[12:54] | What then | 那会怎么样 |
[12:58] | I am back at my reason for the visit. | 回到我来这里的原因 |
[13:03] | How do I convince you it would be safe for you to work with me | 我要怎么说服你和我合作你不会有危险 |
[13:09] | In what way | 怎么讲 |
[13:11] | I can’t find a path to get him within what I do. | 我找不到在我的职权范围内能触及他的路子 |
[13:15] | But with someone on the inside, the path would reveal itself | 但是凭借内应道路会自然显现 |
[13:19] | If not to bring him to justice, | 如果不能让他伏法 |
[13:22] | at least to stop his ascent. | 至少能够阻止他登上政坛 |
[13:29] | As you know, somewhere dep… | 你也知道在内心深处 |
[13:32] | that I would stop short of causing you irreparable harm… | 我不会对你造成不可挽回的损失 |
[13:38] | at this point, I, too, am close to feeling that in the reverse. | 到了这个时候手 我也几乎能够感觉到你不会伤害我 |
[13:44] | Jesus, it’s late. | 天呐时间太晚了 |
[13:45] | I sound like I’m in a Tennessee Williams. | 我听起来像是田纳西·威廉姆斯剧本里的人 |
[13:50] | But it doesn’t matter what I feel | 但是我怎么想不重要 |
[13:51] | about how you’d treat me. | 关键是你如何对待我 |
[13:53] | Not really. | 并不是 |
[13:55] | What matters is, for what you want to try | 关键在于 为了让计划成功 |
[13:57] | for it to have any chance of succeeding, | 你愿意做出什么样的事情 |
[14:00] | I’d have to enlist other people. | 我得召集其他的人 |
[14:04] | But I can’t vouch for you to them, | 但是我不能替你向他们担保 |
[14:08] | because you would hurt them if you had to | 因为如果有必要你稍作期酌就会 |
[14:11] | without more than a moment’s thought. | 伤害他们 |
[14:17] | Well, at least you grant me that I would take that moment. | 至少你觉得我会期酌 |
[14:21] | I can see that you’ve grown. | 我看到了你的成长 |
[14:24] | But it doesn’t change the finality of my position. | 但是这还是不会改变我的立场 |
[14:28] | I can’t vouch. | 我不能担保 |
[14:29] | And even if I did, they wouldn’t believe me. | 即使我这么做了他们也不会相信我 |
[14:32] | Not after… | 特别是他们 |
[14:35] | everything they’ve seen you do. | 见识过你的手段 |
[14:41] | Thanks for answering the door. | 谢谢你应门 |
[14:57] | I’ve also felt the kind of misalignment you describe, | 我也感到了跷 |
[15:00] | but not from Wags. | 不过不是来自瓦格斯 |
[15:02] | Let’s just see what was going on. | 我们来看看究竟是怎么回事 |
[15:10] | … zooming up the fucking polls.. | 在民调快速上升 |
[15:14] | … there is a potential equal time issue. | 还有电台平摊时段的问题 |
[15:19] | We definitely need her out of here. | 我们得把她弄走 |
[15:21] | … running for Congress. | 竞选国会议员 |
[15:23] | And duty for Prince | 对普林斯的义务 |
[15:25] | The hazards of staying. | 和留下来的危害 |
[15:27] | So the cameras are pointed away | 所以摄像头没有指向 |
[15:29] | from the PM s at their desk, | 工作台边的投资经理 |
[15:30] | away from the Bloomberg s. | 还有彭博终端 |
[15:31] | There are zones of safety, and with that, | 这是安全区 就凭这一点 |
[15:33] | this is mostly legal | 这是违法的 |
[15:34] | You take over your enemy’s company, | 接管敌人的公司 |
[15:36] | you put in appropriate measures | 在不必牵扯普林斯的情况下 |
[15:38] | without exposing Prince unnecessarily. | 安装必要的设施 |
[15:40] | I heard some talk about you giving out tracker rings | 我听说过我来这之前的 |
[15:42] | before I got here. | 跟踪定位戒指 |
[15:43] | Decoys | 诱饵 |
[15:45] | We assumed people would figure it out. | 我们知道员工会琢磨出来解除的办法 |
[15:46] | And stop looking for anything else. | 然后就不会去别的地方找了 |
[15:49] | Devious. In a good way. | 兵不厌诈 |
[15:51] | If you had all this stuff recorded, why didn’t you know | 如果你都录下来了你怎么还不知道 |
[15:53] | It’s like the NSA under the Patriot Act, | 就和国安局根据爱国者法案搜集录音 |
[15:55] | pulling down all communications. | 搜集所有的通话信息 |
[15:57] | When you record everything, you can’t review. | 记录的体量太大没办法一一检查 |
[15:59] | So you wait until circumstance dictates. | 所以你等到发现迹象 |
[16:01] | Then look for keywords and trust it’s all there. | 然后根据关键词搜索证据 |
[16:04] | I’ll have this sent out and have the sound cleaned up. | 我把文件送出去处理音质 |
[16:06] | But I can tell by body language | 但是我从身体语言可以看出来 |
[16:09] | they were n’t talking about the Knicks. | 他们不是在谈论尼克斯队 |
[16:11] | It was after that conversation in the elevator | 在谈话之后 |
[16:14] | that he broached the idea of me leaving. | 他就在电梯里提了离开的事情 |
[16:17] | You know, for my benefit. | 你知道 装作为了我好 |
[16:18] | I don’t want to dignify the colloquial, | 我不想要随便用俗语 |
[16:20] | but “suss ” does feel appropriate. | 但是打探似乎适合用在这里 |
[16:23] | We should fire them all, for starters. | 我们应该把他们开除 |
[16:25] | May be. | 也许吧 |
[16:26] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[16:29] | I had hoped the sixth sense was wrong. | 我希望我的预感错了 |
[16:32] | This was taken when they were in England together, | 这是他们去英国的时候拍下来的 |
[16:34] | reportedly in the hotel. | 据说是在酒店 |
[16:36] | Shit. | 不是吧 |
[16:37] | I hired an expert on English architecture | 几周前 |
[16:40] | and antiquities weeks ago. | 雇佣了英国建筑和文物的顾问 |
[16:41] | Still waiting for some kind of verification. | 还在等待确认 |
[16:43] | We will move quickly and decisively when we know more, | 了解更多情况之后我们就快速出击 |
[16:46] | but we need the rest of it first. | 但是我们需要掌握剩下的证据 |
[16:50] | Not tonight. But soon. | 今晚不行但是尽快 |
[17:02] | Pretend you don’t know. | 假装你不知道 |
[17:03] | The other way is a path to despair. | 另一条路只会通向绝望 |
[17:06] | Just tell me the bathrooms aren’t — | 告诉我卫生间没有 |
[17:07] | It was a discussion, but no. | 当时讨论过但是没有 |
[17:18] | Out | 退出 |
[17:21] | I wish I could just bail on all of it. | 我希望我能够下一切 |
[17:23] | I wish I could, I guess, go backwards | 我希望我能够做到回到过去 |
[17:27] | to before I knew so much, | 在我知道这么多之前 |
[17:28] | before there was so much reason to be alarmed. | 在我了解到使我这么警惕的原因之前 |
[17:32] | The burden of what you know | 你所知道的事情 |
[17:35] | and what you believe will happen… | 还有你所认为会发生的事 |
[17:38] | I can see why you’d just want to erase it. | 我不理解你为什么想要忘记 |
[17:42] | Or, if not erase, I could just leave. | 或者不忘记我可以直接离开 |
[17:44] | Absent myself from the situation. | 把自己抽离出来 |
[17:47] | From Prince Capital | 离开普林斯资本 |
[17:49] | Let it all fall where it will, | 让它自生自灭 |
[17:51] | you know, despite what I believe. | 不管我怎么想 |
[17:53] | What’s prompting this | 是什么事情造成你这么想 |
[17:56] | Today. Now. | 在今天这个时候反悔 |
[18:00] | Chuck came to see me. | 查克来见我了 |
[18:03] | Proposed joining sides. | 提出要合作 |
[18:05] | You and he Working together | 你和他在这件事上 |
[18:10] | On this | 合作 |
[18:11] | And he’s right, tactically | 战术上来说他是对的 |
[18:13] | if I could trust him not to harm my people, | 如果我能信任他不伤害我的人 |
[18:15] | and I… I almost do. | 我几乎能相信他 |
[18:17] | I can see why this… this interaction, this question, | 我能理解为什么这次交流 这个问题 |
[18:22] | pushes you to make your own plans | 让你为自己考虑 |
[18:24] | to scale the wall to freedom. | 想要越墙逃跑 |
[18:26] | But picture yourself, | 但是设想一下 |
[18:28] | in whatever setting, | 不管在什么环境下 |
[18:31] | seeing Prince ascend. | 看到普林斯尚未 |
[18:34] | whenever you turned on the television | 不管你什么时候打开电视 |
[18:36] | or opened your browser. | 或者打开你的浏览器 |
[18:41] | Seeing Chuck with that kind of hopeless conviction on his face | 看到查克脸上那种无助的表情 |
[18:44] | kind of convinced me that I probably can’t stop it anyway. | 让我觉得也许没办法阻止这件事 |
[18:48] | So if I was some other place, some other job, | 所以如果我在别的地方 做别的工作 |
[18:51] | may be helping people, may be lifting people up, | 帮助他人 摆脱困境 |
[18:53] | perhaps I’d feel I was doing some fucking thing. | 也许我能感觉到自己在做些什么 |
[18:56] | Then explore that path. | 那就设想一下 |
[18:58] | Put the word out. | 放话出去 |
[18:59] | Which probably means just checking that folder | 你估计只用打开 |
[19:03] | you have in your inbox. | 你信箱里面的文件夹 |
[19:05] | The one that has all the incoming from headhunters, | 那个收着猎头公司 |
[19:08] | hiring executives, CEOs. | 招募人员 首席执行官的来信的文件夹 |
[19:10] | I have. As soon as Chuck left, | 我打开了查克一离开 |
[19:12] | I opened that very folder… | 我打开那个文件夹 |
[19:17] | and saw a few things worth considering. | 看到几样值得考虑的东西 |
[19:20] | Then consider them. | 那就考虑一下 |
[19:25] | But also consider… | 但是同样要知道 |
[19:29] | that as you get closer | 在你接近任何 |
[19:31] | to any moment of huge import, | 重要有影响力 |
[19:36] | huge impact, huge challenge, | 有挑战性的时候 |
[19:39] | the desire to flee becomes almost overwhelming. | 那种希望逃离的欲望变得难以克服 |
[19:45] | Sometimes that instinct serves us. | 有时本能对我有益 |
[19:48] | And sometimes it’s trying to protect | 有时候是为了保护 |
[19:52] | what doesn’t need protecting | 没有必要被保护的东西 |
[19:54] | and is, instead, stopping us | 反而让我们裹足不前 |
[19:58] | from taking that very risk | 不去承担我们必须 |
[20:02] | we absolutely need to take. | 承担的风险 |
[20:16] | You’ve been out all morning. | 你早上都不在 |
[20:17] | You rescheduled a court appearance. | 你重新安排了庭审 |
[20:19] | You skipped the Chiefs’meeting. | 错过了幕僚会议 |
[20:20] | You have All erd running g back and forth | 还让阿拉德一整天来回跑去 |
[20:22] | to the records room for old case files all day. | 档案室查以前的记录 |
[20:24] | What are you doing | 你在做什么 |
[20:26] | I had to reschedule that hearing | 我重新安排了聆讯是因为 |
[20:27] | because I needed to be a t a different hearing | 我需要出席另一场听证会 |
[20:29] | What hearing | 什么听证会 |
[20:30] | A sentence-reduction hearing. | 减刑听证 |
[20:34] | I’ve had a hell of a morning | 我今天早上过得很充实 |
[20:36] | We are here on the Government’s Rule 35, | 我们在此就联邦刑事诉讼程序法规35 条 |
[20:38] | motion to reduce defendant’s sentence | 提请依据对政府做出的协助 |
[20:39] | for substantial assistance to the government. | 减断被告刑期的动议 |
[20:42] | How is the government represented | 检方是哪位 |
[20:44] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[20:45] | No. | 不 |
[20:48] | Wait — uh, no. No. Absolutely not. | 等等不不绝对不行 |
[20:51] | This man is conflicted. He-he’s gonna try and screw me. | 这个人有利益冲突他会给我使绊子 |
[20:53] | Sir, the nature of this hearing is to reduce your sentence. | 先生本次听证会的目的是为了减少你的刑期 |
[20:58] | Due respect, Judge, i not with him. | 恕我之间他不会这么干 |
[21:00] | It is a trick. | 这是花招 |
[21:01] | He visited me in prison to harass me. | 他来监狱探视我就为了骚扰我 |
[21:04] | -He’s gonna try attack — – Sir. | -他试图袭击-先生 |
[21:06] | Counselor, calm your client. | 律师让你的客户冷静下来 |
[21:07] | Trying, Your Honor. | 在做了法官大人 |
[21:08] | The defendant is highly agitated. I-I’m inclined to — | 被告情绪激动我倾向于 |
[21:10] | Your Honor, please | 法官大人 |
[21:12] | Not what I’m here for. | 这不是我来这的目的 |
[21:16] | I see there are visits by you. | 我看到有你的探视记录 |
[21:18] | Does the defendant have grounds for his claims | 被告的指控有根据吗 |
[21:20] | Your Honor, the defendant has provided substantial assistance, | 法官大人被告提供了极大的协助 |
[21:24] | as described in the government’s papers. | 正如检方提供的文件所示 |
[21:26] | He’s here to mess with me, I’m telling you. | 他是来整我的我告诉你 |
[21:28] | He’s– he’s getting my sentence reduced | 他把我的刑期减掉然后 |
[21:30] | so that he-he can lock me up for something else | 再用别的事情把我关起来 |
[21:32] | You will sit quietly | 你在检方陈述期间 |
[21:33] | until the government states its case, sir, | 不要插话先生 |
[21:35] | or you will be sent out of the room. | 否则就要求你离开了 |
[21:38] | Mr. Rhoades, I will give you about two short sentences | 罗兹先生 我给你两句话时间 |
[21:42] | to establish the capacity in which you’re here. | 来阐明你来这里的意图 |
[21:45] | If I don’t like it, you’re out. | 如果我不喜欢 你就出局了 |
[21:47] | And we will figure out who else will represent the government. | 我们再想办法找别人来代理检方 |
[21:50] | Despite Dr. Gilbert’s reasonable concerns | 尽管吉尔伯特医生对我的意图 |
[21:53] | about my intentions, | 有合理的顾虑 |
[21:55] | I am here to argue that his sentence be ended now. | 我来这是为了争取立刻结束他的刑期 |
[22:00] | All final year s lopped off | 所有未服刑期减掉 |
[22:04] | Dr. Gilbert has tended to fellow inmates. | 吉尔伯特医生照顾狱友 |
[22:07] | He’s helped guards with their health care. | 给狱卒提供医疗帮助 |
[22:10] | Taught CPR and other first aid in the facility. | 在监狱内教授心肺复苏还有急救手段 |
[22:14] | Saved lives. | 救死扶伤 |
[22:17] | That is impressive. | 真了不起 |
[22:19] | But that is really what he’s supposed to be doing | 但是那是他分内的事情 |
[22:22] | Rehabilitating. | 改过自新 |
[22:23] | I don’t see it as grounds for reducing. | 我看不出来有减刑的依据 |
[22:25] | Your Honor, in the current climate, | 法官大人 在现在的环境下 |
[22:27] | anyone who improves the prison system, | 任何能够改善监狱系统 |
[22:29] | makes it more humane, more functional | 让它更人性化运行更有效 |
[22:32] | they are providing substantial help to law enforcement. | 他们都是在为执法部门提供极大的帮助 |
[22:35] | Now Dr. Gilbert has provided useful information | 吉尔伯特医生提供了有用的信息 |
[22:38] | and proven himself a valuable member of society, | 并且证明了自己是关键的社会成员 |
[22:42] | both inside the prison and out. | 不论是在监狱内外 |
[22:59] | Motion granted. | 动议批准 |
[23:00] | And sentence is hereby reduced to 26 months, | 刑期减至26 个月 |
[23:03] | which have been served. | 全部已服 |
[23:04] | Defendant should be processed out | 被告立刻交由 |
[23:06] | by the Bureau of Prisons immediately. | 监狱管理局办理出狱 |
[23:08] | Would you like to return to your cell to collect your belongings | 你想要回到牢房取回你的个人物品吗 |
[23:13] | I’m, uh, happy to never go back if I don’t have to. | 没必要的话我希望不用再回到那里 |
[23:17] | Clerk, see about getting this man some street clothes. | 书记员给这个人找一身便服 |
[23:22] | Enjoy dinner tonight a at home with your family. | 今晚去和你的家人吃团圆饭吧 |
[23:36] | Dr. Gilbert, before you go, | 吉尔伯特医生在你离开之前 |
[23:38] | there’s one thing I would like do in return. | 我有一事相求 |
[23:40] | You have no right to ask anything of me. | 你没有权利向我要求任何事 |
[23:43] | Not a god damn thing. | 休想 |
[23:52] | What the hell do you want | 你想要什么 |
[23:55] | To give you the opportunity to state exactly what I did to you. | 给你机会说出我对你做的事情 |
[24:00] | Give the full brace. | 事无巨细 |
[24:02] | Leave nothing out. | 丝不落 |
[24:07] | I let the attorney general convince me | 检察长说服我 |
[24:10] | that breaking the law was necessary | 为了维护法律 |
[24:13] | to upholding the law. | 违法是必要的 |
[24:15] | Rhoades hoped — No. | 罗兹希望不 |
[24:18] | He knew that I would receive the maximum sentence, | 他知道我会被判外最高刑期 |
[24:22] | and he got just that. | 他得偿所愿 |
[24:24] | Planted evidence, | 栽赃证据 |
[24:25] | and left me to rot behind bars for his sins. | 让我因为他的罪行坐牢 |
[24:29] | Not my own. | 而不是我自己的罪行 |
[24:31] | He betrayed me… | 他背叛了我 |
[24:34] | Okay, erase this insanity right now. | 行了 赶紧把这玩意删掉 |
[24:35] | – No, sir. – You got the man early release. | -不行先生-你让那个人提前释放 |
[24:37] | How about having him say that, at least | 至少让他把这条带上 |
[24:39] | Not the drill on this one. Needed the damning stuff. | 这一次不能这么办 需要确凿的罪证 |
[24:42] | -It’s insanity.-Saying it twice | -简直是发疯-说了两次 |
[24:44] | doesn’t make it so. | 不代表就是事实 |
[24:46] | It was so before I said… | 我说之前就是事实 |
[24:47] | Chuck, man, | 查克兄弟 |
[24:49] | this is not the time to blow yourself up | 现在不是戴罪立功 |
[24:51] | while making amends. | 搞白爆的时候 |
[24:52] | Oh, it’s always the time for that. | 什么时候都适合搞白爆 |
[24:54] | And it’s a nice side benefit of this, | 这是个附带的好处 |
[24:56] | but that’s not what I’m doing here. | 但是那不是我这么做的目的 |
[24:58] | I’ll wait you out,’cause the longer I do, | 我等你说完 因为我在这里的时间越长 |
[25:00] | the longer this all stays right here in the room with us. | 这件事就只能留在这个屋子里 |
[25:03] | If you stay, you’re kind of co-signing. | 如果你留下 就算是认可了 |
[25:05] | uh, whatever he does. | 他的所作所为 |
[25:06] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[25:07] | Mr. Schirmer, did you try t to stop the defendant | 谢莫先生 你制止被告 |
[25:10] | from committing career hara-kiri | 进行职业切腹白杀了吗 |
[25:13] | I’m not leaving. I’m not letting it happen. | 我不走 我不会让这件事发生的 |
[25:15] | Whatever the fuck it is. | 不管这件事是什么 |
[25:19] | Little favor, if you don’t mind. | 帮我个忙如果你不介意的话一 |
[25:20] | A company asked me to give a talk. | 有家公司邀请我做讲座 |
[25:24] | Mental, Huh. | 心康 |
[25:26] | Telehealth start-up. | 远程医疗初创公司 |
[25:27] | Even better, tele-mental health. | 更好的是 远程心理医疗 |
[25:30] | Online therapy. | 线上治疗 |
[25:31] | With the current microscope on Prince, | 考虑到普林斯现在备受瞩目 |
[25:33] | I want to make sure it’s a place I can be associated with. | 我得确保这家公司没有问题 |
[25:36] | Non-toxic. | 没有负面消息 |
[25:37] | Paid speaking gig. Nice. | 有酬讲座真不错 |
[25:40] | Ch a-ching. | 有赚头 |
[25:41] | It can be. | 没准有 |
[25:42] | If you could just skim their financials, | 你能不能看看他们的财务状况 |
[25:44] | let me know they’re solvent, there are no red flags. | 看看他们是不是收支相抵 有没有需要警惕的地方 |
[25:47] | That’d be good. | 那样就太好了 |
[25:48] | Eu entend. | 我能理解 |
[25:51] | That’s Portuguese. | 那是葡萄牙语 |
[25:58] | You know, instead of sitting there | 你知道 与其坐在这 |
[25:59] | with that Amerigo Bona sera undertaker look on your face, | 一脸教父里阿美利戈·波纳萨拉的样子 |
[26:03] | check the frame. | 看看取景框 |
[26:03] | Or, no, give me your phone. | 或者把你的手机给我 |
[26:05] | May be that’s better. Yours is newer. | 也许那样更好 你的更新 |
[26:07] | My phone is kind of permanently in non-record mode these days | 我的手机这些日子彻底用录像了 |
[26:10] | Probably best. Okay, I’ll use mine. | 那样最好 好我用我的 |
[26:18] | I’m center frame | 我在取景框中央 |
[26:20] | Can you just nod That doesn’t make you complicit. | 你能点个头吗 那不代表你是共谋 |
[26:23] | May be fill me in on the exact plan. | 给我说说你具体的计划 |
[26:26] | See these files | 看看所有这些 |
[26:28] | These represent every case wherein I cut a corner. | 我投机取巧的案子 |
[26:33] | The blind trust violation of Ice Juice. | 冰果汁案的违反保密托管 |
[26:35] | Arranging voter suppression to win my AG election. | 为了赢得监察长选举安排了抑制选民活动 |
[26:39] | Remember Hap Halloran, the municipal administrator | 还记得哈普·哈洛兰 那个市政管理员 |
[26:42] | Bribed him by providing a second honeymoon for his wife and him | 我送他和他老婆去波多黎各度第二次蜜月 |
[26:46] | in Puerto Rico. | 贿赂他 |
[26:47] | Organized a heist, pulled by Jackie Conner ty. | 安排由杰克·康纳蒂实施的劫案 |
[26:51] | My God! | 天哪 |
[26:52] | Just hearing myself say it out loud. | 听到我自己说出口 |
[26:55] | Organized a heist. | 组织劫案 |
[26:56] | – A heist – Yes, sir. | 劫案—没错先生 |
[26:58] | No, that was a fun one, : actually. | 对那次很有意思 |
[27:00] | A real peach, it was. | 扣人心弦 |
[27:01] | And it did someone a service. | 但是帮了别人一个忙 |
[27:03] | Leah Calder. | 莉亚考德 |
[27:05] | We stole back the ring her spoiled son gave | 我们把戒指从他宠坏了的儿子差点约定终身的女友 |
[27:06] | -her almost daughter-in-law. -You know, I-I-I– | 那里偷了回来-你知道 |
[27:08] | I don’t really need to — Actually, yeah, don’t tell me. | 我不需要 别告诉我 |
[27:10] | But it was wrong and a dereliction of duty, | 但是这么做是错误的 属于渎职 |
[27:13] | and as such, I have to catalog it | 因此 我得记录下来 |
[27:15] | and speak it into that recorder right there. | 并日对着摄像头说出来 |
[27:17] | You don’t. You really don’t. | 你不必 你大可不必 |
[27:19] | Assuming now these files are, uh, your notes on all of your… | 假设这些文件 你对于你所有的 |
[27:24] | I hesitate to call them your illegal actions — | 我都不敢说是你的非法行为 |
[27:26] | Stop hesitating. | 大胆说嘛 |
[27:27] | These files represent the wins only. | 这些卷宗只反映出胜诉 |
[27:31] | The video will be the full truth | 视频会记录下完整的真相 |
[27:34] | The breadth of the thing. | 整件事涉及的广度 |
[27:35] | I intend to lay it out, as with the Dr. Gilbert video, | 我打算像吉尔伯特医生的视频里一样 |
[27:38] | case by case. | 逐个说明 |
[27:39] | What do you keep checking for | 你干嘛老是看手机 |
[27:42] | Well, when someone does something batshit | 有人做傻事 |
[27:45] | you call in reinforcements. | 你得叫救兵 |
[27:47] | I had hoped they would show up | 我本来希望他们能在 |
[27:48] | before you rode the lightning | 你自毁之前出现的 |
[27:54] | I hear you’re going full Section 8. | 我听说你打算发疯 |
[27:59] | Talk to me, son. | 跟我说说孩子 |
[28:06] | Got your due diligence on Mental. | 拿到心康的尽职调查了 |
[28:08] | That was fast. | 速度真快 |
[28:10] | That’s why they call me the cheetah. | 所以他们才管我叫猎豹 |
[28:14] | They do not really call me that. | 没人这么叫我 |
[28:17] | Anyhoo, their business model is strong like bull. | 不管怎么说 他们的经营模式很强健 |
[28:20] | They hire the doctors full time, so no per diem work. | 他们雇佣全职医生 所以不存在按日付薪 |
[28:23] | Nobody has to deal with the insurance company. | 不需要和保险公司打交道 |
[28:25] | They do it for you. | 他们会替你做 |
[28:26] | Major employee and patient retention. | 雇员和患者储流率很高 |
[28:29] | They seem to be insulated | 他们似乎不受目前的 |
[28:31] | from the current health care craps hack. | 医保困局影响 |
[28:33] | And they have a strong market share. | 而且市场份额很可观 |
[28:35] | So they’re a winner. | 所以他们是个赢家 |
[28:37] | Not full-on Simone Biles, but close. | 算不上西蒙·拜尔斯级别的 但是差不多 |
[28:40] | The bridge between the therapeutic piece | 医疗和商业部分的衔接 |
[28:42] | and the business piece is not as strong as it could be. | 不是很牢固 |
[28:45] | But you’re just giving the m a pep talk, right | 但是反正你只是去做讲座 对吧 |
[28:47] | I believe so. Do — Do you think I should pass | 我想是的 你觉得我该放弃吗 |
[28:51] | No. I think it’s got potential. | 不我觉得它有潜力 |
[28:53] | It’s a cool comp. | 薪资很不错 |
[28:54] | In fact, I might want to make an investment, | 事实上 我想要投上一笔 |
[28:57] | buy some shares on the private market. | 在私人市场上买一些股份 |
[28:59] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[29:02] | Thanks for the info. | 谢谢你提供的信息 |
[29:19] | ” Batshit.” | 抽风 |
[29:21] | Ira texted that word to me. | 艾拉是这么跟我说的 |
[29:22] | I figured he was just allowing his anxiety | 我估计他是焦虑症发作 |
[29:25] | to get the better of him, | 胡言乱语 |
[29:26] | as his people have a wont to do | 就像他们犹太人的习惯 |
[29:30] | We come by it honestly | 那是经历造成的 |
[29:31] | The ones that didn’t have anxiety | 不焦虑的都让哥萨克人 |
[29:32] | got run through by Cossacks. | 弄死了 |
[29:34] | No doubt. | 那没错 |
[29:35] | And in this case, as back then, | 在这件事上 就像过去一样 |
[29:37] | you were exactly right. | 你的判断完全正确 |
[29:39] | It’s the only word. | 只有一个词能形容 |
[29:41] | Batshit. | 抽风 |
[29:42] | Destroying yourself when you have enough people | 你的敌人就够多了 |
[29:44] | wanting to destroy you already | 还要白毁 |
[29:47] | Confessing when no salvation is actually available. | 没有救赎希望的情况下还要忏悔 |
[29:51] | At least his people put their sins on the head of a goat | 至少他们犹太人把罪行写在山羊身上 |
[29:55] | and killed the damn goat. | 把山羊杀掉 |
[29:57] | Actually, we’d just leave it in the woods | 其实我们是放到树林里 |
[29:58] | And, uh, easy on the “my people “stuff, how about | 还有别一句一个他们犹太人 |
[30:01] | Yeah, you’re right. | 对你说得没错 |
[30:03] | I’m tense because I’m watching our boy fall apart. | 看着我儿子崩溃我紧张 |
[30:06] | So I’m-I’m letting fly like I’m at the club, | 所以就当是在俱乐部里面信口开河 |
[30:09] | not out in world. | 没注意分寸 |
[30:10] | You’re right that I am not after salvation. | 让你说对了我确实不是追求救赎 |
[30:13] | Oh, this is worse than even I feared, then. | 这比我想象的还要糟糕 |
[30:18] | You are wallowing in your guilt. | 你沉沦在你的负罪感里面了 |
[30:21] | Do you think I’ve never felt guilt, Junior | 你觉得我就没有负罪感吗小子 |
[30:25] | I’ve felt it rise up to the bottom of my throat, | 我感觉负罪感升到嗓子眼 |
[30:29] | do a reach-around and tickle my epiglottis | 手伸到嗓子眼都能扣一下 |
[30:31] | But did I self-immolate | 但是我白毁了吗 |
[30:33] | -Guessing you did not – No. | 一我猜你没有-没有 |
[30:35] | I discharged it with a weekend on Isla Santana, | 我去西印度群岛的桑塔纳岛 |
[30:39] | in the West Indies. | 度个周末释放负罪感 |
[30:41] | That’s real Isla Santana | 真有这个地方 |
[30:42] | One huge fee covers open bar and unlimited assignation s | 会费高昂服务包括免费酒水 |
[30:46] | with an international staff of professionals, right | 还有和世界各地的专业人士无限次的邂逅 |
[30:48] | I’ve-I’ve heard legend, but you’ve been | 我听说过 但是你去过 |
[30:51] | You can confirm. | 你可以证实 |
[30:52] | Oh, I-I have emptied my pockets | 我在那个福地清空了我的钱包 |
[30:54] | and my glans in that blessed place. | 还有体腺 |
[30:59] | It is real. | 是真的 |
[31:01] | So real that I had to play some golf | 真到我都得打高尔夫作为 |
[31:04] | to get a break from all the discharging of guilt | 释放负罪感的调剂 |
[31:11] | Came back a new man. | 回来的时候焕然一新 |
[31:13] | I don’t think a trip to Debauchery Island | 我觉得去堕落岛旅游 |
[31:16] | is gonna do it for me. | 解决不了问题 |
[31:20] | You should get tested for low T | 你是不是睾酮分泌不足 |
[31:22] | Chuck, you’re obviously right | 查克你说的没错 |
[31:23] | that true guilt can’t be assuaged | 负罪感不是在阳光下和 |
[31:25] | by a romp in the sun with nubiles. | 少女嬉闹就能缓解的 |
[31:26] | But that doesn’t mean that this is the time, | 但是这不代表现在就是做这件事的时间 |
[31:28] | is the place, is the venue, is the forum — | 地点场合还有环境 |
[31:34] | You know, much as I have enjoyed watching you flail about, | 虽然我很高兴看你们手足无措 |
[31:39] | assuming that I am determined to bayonet myself | 以为我要自我毁灭 |
[31:41] | I just — I can’t let it go on any longer. | 我没办法继续下去了 |
[31:48] | You two are my most I loyal compadres, and as such, | 你们是我最忠诚的伙伴因此 |
[31:52] | I will invite you inside the lean-to. | 我可以告诉你们 |
[32:24] | Winner, winner, chicken dinner. | 大吉大利 今晚吃鸡 |
[32:26] | Uh, just an afternoon green juice for me | 给我来杯果蔬汁就好 |
[32:29] | No, no, I found one. | 不不我找到一个 |
[32:31] | A winner, that is, I’m pretty sure | 一个赢家 我很确定 |
[32:33] | I want to put it in front of Prince. | 我想要交给普林斯 |
[32:34] | A private company I think will be good for him. | 我觉得这家公司对他有好处 |
[32:37] | For all of us. MPC. | 对我们所有人普林斯资本都有好处 |
[32:39] | Have you run i t I by Philip and Taylor | 你给菲利普和泰勒说过没有 |
[32:41] | They’re occupa do. | 他们有事 |
[32:42] | How would you like to present with me | 你愿意和我一起去吗 |
[32:44] | Well, I wouldn’t. | 我不去 |
[32:47] | You haven’t even heard the idea. | 你还没有听到是什么呢 |
[32:49] | I’m sure it’s good. | 我相信是好主意 |
[32:50] | I’m just not sure you’re sure. | 我不确定你确不确定 |
[32:52] | What about Tuk, or someone else | 塔克呢 或者别人 |
[32:54] | Look, I know how you feel. | 我知道你的感觉 |
[32:57] | It’s not easy going in and pitching | 进去提供建议不容易 |
[32:59] | But if it’s strong enough to do with me, | 但是如果在我面前能过得了关 |
[33:01] | it’s strong enough to do on your own. | 你自己一个人去也能行 |
[33:04] | You just have to be strong enough | 你只需要足够坚强 |
[33:16] | Hey there, boss. | 你好老板 |
[33:17] | I got a seat reserved for you on a bullet train | 我在即将离站的子弹头列车上 |
[33:19] | about to leave the fucking station. | 给你预定了位子 |
[33:22] | gam THE BUCK! | |
[33:23] | Um, that is the way | 这里的人 |
[33:24] | the opening of a pitch sounds around here, no | 都是这么推销点子的 是不是 |
[33:27] | I mean, some people’s | 有些人是这样 |
[33:29] | Why don’t you just tell me what it is while I take a look. | 不如你趁我看的时候跟我说说 |
[33:31] | Can do, can do. | 没问题 没问题 |
[33:33] | Company is called Mental. | 这是家叫心康的公司 |
[33:35] | In the telehealth space. | 是远程医疗板块的 |
[33:36] | -You can see all the — -Yeah, we’ve been wanting | -你可以看到-对我们黯然撤出科莱拉的时候 |
[33:38] | to get into health care since we quietly slid out of Kor lera | 一直想要进入医疗行业 |
[33:40] | Cool model with video therapy sessions | 视频问诊和人工智能支持的 |
[33:43] | and A I support. | 模式很不错 |
[33:44] | Direct insurance billing, juicy receivables. | 直付账单 应收账款数额不小 |
[33:47] | They’re poised to be both very profitable and very good | 他们不光有望获得可观收益好处也多 |
[33:51] | For, you know, da people. | 你知道的 对于百姓来说 |
[33:53] | Which is our brand. | 这是我们的品牌 |
[33:55] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[33:57] | I’m doing it again. | 我又来了 |
[33:58] | Where’d you come up with this | 你是从哪里找到的 |
[34:00] | Wendy. | 温蒂那边 |
[34:04] | Yes | 好 |
[34:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:10] | I like it. I’ll consider it. | 我喜欢 我会考虑的 |
[34:13] | Can I have my tablet back | 能把我的平板还给我了吗 |
[34:30] | Does not augur well, all of us here. | 这有种不祥的气息所有人聚在这里 |
[34:32] | We are not filled with lightness and joy, no | 我们心情也很沉重 |
[34:35] | Take a look at this. It’s a screenshot I grabbed | 看看这个这是我捕捉的截屏 |
[34:39] | I see Taylor. | 我看到泰勒了 |
[34:41] | That’s the foreground element, yes. | 前面是她 没错 |
[34:42] | They are at the hotel where they stayed when they went to London. | 他们在伦敦下榻的酒店 |
[34:45] | You say “hotel ” like it has quotation marks around it. | 听你的语气好像这个酒店不是这么回事 |
[34:48] | Indeed. Sacker and I had suspicions | 没错萨克和我怀疑 |
[34:50] | that there are mutineers in the company. | 公司里有人意图谋反 |
[34:52] | And then I remembered this image | 我就想起了这个图片 |
[34:56] | I’m guessing it is not a hotel. | 我估计那不是酒店 |
[34:58] | No. Not. Expert confirmed. | 不是 专家确认了 |
[35:01] | I have a printout of the report, but you don’t need it. | 我打印了报告 但是你用不着读了 |
[35:03] | What you need to know is this : | 你需要知道是下面这些 |
[35:05] | This molding is a unique design. One of a kind. | 这种纹样是专门设计独一无二的 |
[35:09] | Decorating the walls of Haddon Hall | 被用在哈顿庄园的墙壁上 |
[35:11] | a castle owned and, when this picture was taken, | 这座城堡 截至图片日期 |
[35:14] | occupied by Bobby Axelrod. | 为鲍比·阿克斯罗德所居住 |
[35:24] | It is high risk. | 风险很高 |
[35:25] | High danger. | 危险很大 |
[35:27] | Asymmetrical return i if you’re right. | 如果你说得没错就能获得非对称收益 |
[35:28] | It is everything I have told you to have the acorns to try. | 这就是我让你大胆去做的那种事 |
[35:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:34] | A in’t saying it’s gonna work. | 不是说这就能成功 |
[35:37] | Just saying I understand | 只是表示我能理解 |
[35:39] | And like Watson’s 17th hole at the’82 Open, | 就像沃森在82年公开赛第17洞 |
[35:42] | ballsy to claim when you’re staring down Nicklaus. | 和尼克劳斯对阵还敢尝试一杆进洞 |
[35:45] | -And had he failed — But he didn’t. | -他要是失败了-但是他没有 |
[35:48] | Called the birdie, hit the birdie. | 计划打出小鸟球 也确实打出来了 |
[35:50] | May Chuck be so lucky. | 希望查克也有这么幸运 |
[35:53] | I guess I’m not your attorney anymore, | 我猜我不是你的律师了 |
[35:55] | so I have no real standing to advise you against this. | 那我也就没有什么立场阻止你了 |
[35:58] | And I won’t, | 我也不会阻止你 |
[35:59] | because as your friend, I get it too. | 因为我是你的朋友 我也理解 |
[36:14] | The first time I bent the rules. | 我第 次扭曲规则 |
[36:19] | Actually, let me be more clear. | 其实让我说清楚 |
[36:21] | The first time I abused my position of office | 我第一次滥用我的职权 |
[36:24] | and broke the law | 违法 |
[36:26] | the first I remember, anyway — | 依据我的记忆 |
[36:28] | was back when I was a line prosecutor. | 是在我担任一线检察官的时候 |
[36:30] | I had this witness who wanted to recant. | 有个证人想要撤回证词 |
[36:36] | So, I made it clear to him | 所以我跟他挑明 |
[36:38] | that that was not gonna work. | 这样行不通 |
[36:44] | So, yeah, thanks for coming. | 所以 谢谢你们前来 |
[36:47] | Really great to meet in person. | 能够亲自见面非常荣幸 |
[36:49] | Okay, are we gonna talk about the supposed topic | 好的 我们是要谈论 |
[36:51] | of my pretend speech | 我假讲座的主题呢 |
[36:53] | Or do you want to tell me what I’m really doing here | 还是你们告诉我我来这是做什么的 |
[36:57] | -Of course. -Damn, she’s good | -当然-她真厉害 |
[36:58] | The speech was a smoke screen so you could get me in | 讲座只是障眼法 好让你们 |
[37:01] | and hire me as a consultant | 请我过来雇佣我作为顾问 |
[37:02] | Since I have a combination of skills | 考虑到我既有心理治疗又有 |
[37:04] | in therapy and performance, and a grounding in business. | 绩效教练的技能以及对生意场也有所接触 |
[37:08] | Am I close | 我说得接近吗 |
[37:09] | You’re not far off | 差不离 |
[37:10] | The speech was a smoke screen for consulting, | 讲座是给顾问打掩护 |
[37:13] | which was a smoke screen for the real position. | 而顾问是给真正的职位打掩护 |
[37:17] | Our CEO is stepping down, | 我们的首席执行官要离任了 |
[37:19] | and like you said, you have the unique qualification | 如你所说 你的资质 |
[37:22] | to take the seat. | 适合这个职位 |
[37:23] | You give us the best chance to do good work, | 你既能让我们最大程度发光发热 |
[37:24] | and you can help people do and be their best | 还能帮助他人发挥出潜力 |
[37:27] | and build a profitable company along with it. | 并且建立起一家盈利的公司 |
[37:29] | You’d own a nice piece of the company. | 你会获得一份不小的公司份额 |
[37:32] | You’d be responsible for the day-to-day | 对于日常运作的参与程度 |
[37:33] | -as much as you want to be.- -A lot, we hope. | -由你决定-我们希望你能尽可能参与 |
[37:35] | Plus how and where we expand, | 还有我们扩展的方法的方向 |
[37:37] | how to keep our therapists doing optimal work. | 如何保持心理治疗师的最佳状态 |
[37:40] | The vision of the company. | 还有对公司前景的设想 |
[37:41] | – Our former. – Soon-to-be-former — | 一我们的前任-即将离任的 |
[37:43] | Right, soon-to-be-former CEO has a very limited vision | 即将离任的首席执行官 |
[37:47] | of what this company really can be. | 对于这家公司的设想很狭隘 |
[37:49] | As founders, we spend most of the time pushing him. | 作为创始人我们花了大部分的时间鞭策他 |
[37:52] | Leading from behind. | 从后方引导方向 |
[37:53] | We want someone who’s eyes-forward, | 我们希望找到一位目光长远的人 |
[37:55] | and we think that’s you. | 我们认为那个人是你 |
[37:59] | The compensation package. | 这是薪酬资料 |
[38:18] | -We have to assume. -Come on, we know. | -我们得假设-拜托 我们能确认 |
[38:20] | Yes, we know that Wags and Wendy | 好吧我们确认瓦格斯和温蒂 |
[38:22] | were also with Taylor, | 也和泰勒是一伙儿的 |
[38:23] | and went to Axelrod when they were in London, | 他们在伦敦的时候去见了阿克斯罗德 |
[38:26] | supposedly on company business. | 把出差作为借口 |
[38:27] | My allies, lined up against me with my enemy. | 我的盟友 和敌人一气 |
[38:31] | Fire them all. For cause. | 把他们全部解雇 有因解雇 |
[38:33] | That’s the feeling, yes, but… | 是有这个想法 但是 |
[38:35] | Yes, but if you fire them now, | 是但是如果你现在解雇他们 |
[38:37] | the bulk of the C-suite of your eponymous firm, | 把挂了你名字的公司的大部分高层炒掉 |
[38:39] | you’ll look like a bad hirer and a worse manager. | 会显得你眼光太差 管理不当 |
[38:43] | Things will feel unstable. | 会使得军心不稳 |
[38:45] | Plus, they will have a story to tell. | 再者说他们有自己的说辞 |
[38:47] | And they will find a way to tell it. | 他们会找到渠道讲出来 |
[38:48] | Out in the world, free radicals. | 口无遮拦无人管控 |
[38:50] | It is far too dangerous to keep them here. | 把他们留在这里太危险了 |
[38:52] | I can create a pathway, | 我可以做个安排 |
[38:53] | work it so that when they are fired, | 让他们被解雇 |
[38:55] | they will be forced to sign ND As | 同时不得不签署保密协议 |
[38:57] | in exchange for our promise not to sue | 以换取我们承诺 |
[38:58] | and seek prosecution of each one for corporate espionage | 不以商业间谋罪起诉他们 |
[39:01] | Not now, Kate, but… | 现在不是时候 凯特 但是 |
[39:15] | Wendy. Come see me. | 温蒂来见我 |
[39:17] | Meet in my office in 15. | 十五分钟后在我办公室见我 |
[39:19] | Stay here. | 留在这一 |
[39:21] | Consider scenarios. | 想想有什么变数 |
[39:23] | But do nothing. | 但是不要轻举妄动 |
[39:27] | The first time I abused my position of office | 我第一次滥用我的职权 |
[39:29] | and broke the law — | 违反法律 |
[39:35] | Despite what’s said on here, | 虽然你录了这些 |
[39:36] | it’s a lot of wins represented on this video. | 但是视频里面的案子还是有不少胜利的 |
[39:39] | Big ones. | 大案子 |
[39:40] | Cases and ops I was proud to be a part of. | 这些都是我很骄傲能够参与其中的案子 |
[39:42] | -And bad people went to prison. -I know, Karl. | -坏人被送进监狱 -我知道 卡尔 |
[39:45] | And nothing that happens will change my scorecard. | 不管发生什么都不会改变我的计分卡 |
[39:48] | Our scorecard. | 我们的计分卡 |
[39:51] | This isn’t my swan song. | 这不是我的终曲 |
[39:54] | You don’t want me to talk you out of it, | 你既然不想让我制止你 |
[39:56] | -I’m not going to. -Good. | 我也不制止你 -好 |
[39:57] | Now I’m gonna want all that on a drive | 把那些拷到没办法 |
[40:00] | that can’t be copied | 被拷贝的硬盘上 |
[40:02] | All right. | |
[40:12] | What’s the thing | 怎么了 |
[40:13] | I’ve become aware of Mental, and your involvement. | 我知道心康的事情了还有你在其中的牵涉 |
[40:19] | I don’t think it’s a conflict | 我不认为这构成利益冲突 |
[40:21] | I’ll be speaking and advising, | 我做演讲和顾问 |
[40:23] | helping get their therapists rowing in the right direction. | 帮他们的心理医师走上正轨 |
[40:26] | They’re giving me stock as comp. | 他们给我股份作为奖金 |
[40:28] | All okay. | 都没问题 |
[40:30] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[40:31] | But I have info about the company | 但是我所掌握的有关那家公司的信息 |
[40:33] | that might help shape your next steps with them. | 能够帮助你决定和他们接下来的打算 |
[40:35] | The CEO is stepping down. | 他们的首席执行官要离任了 |
[40:37] | The board will want someone with your credentials to take over. | 董事会希望有你这样资质的人接手 |
[40:41] | That tracks. They hinted around it, | 说得通他们暗示了 |
[40:43] | but I’m here. | 但是我回来了 |
[40:45] | I didn’t take the gig. | 没有接受工作 |
[40:47] | You know, one thing I’ve learned | 我所了解到的让我的人更有效率的 |
[40:49] | about how to make my people more effective | 一个办法 |
[40:51] | is to let them stretch. | 就是让他们施展拳脚 |
[40:52] | I won’t lose you if I encourage you to take leaps | 我鼓励你放手做不代表就会失去你 |
[40:55] | I-I’ll still need you to work with me | 我还是需要你配合我和 |
[40:58] | and my top performers. | 我的交易员工作 |
[40:59] | But also, you could help train some of the Mental therapists | 但是与此同时 你可以训练一些心康的心理医师 |
[41:03] | to work with our younger people | 怎么训练我们的年轻雇员 |
[41:05] | Synergies are there. | 这里面存在协同作用 |
[41:07] | Don’t mistake this as being entirely selfless on my part. | 别把这当成是我一片好心 |
[41:10] | I make a score on the company | 我在从这家公司能赚不少 |
[41:12] | And I know that when I get to the White House, | 我知道我入主白宫之后 |
[41:14] | you won’t just stay here with the folks that are left | 你不会和剩下的人留在这 |
[41:18] | But now, may be I lock in half of you. | 但是现在也许我可以占用你一半的精力 |
[41:28] | Thank you, Mike. | 谢谢你迈克 |
[42:14] | So I wanted to sit with you privately | 我想要和你们私下 |
[42:17] | and ask you some important questions, because, in a way, | 谈论一些重要的问题 因为 从某种层面上 |
[42:20] | I feel like you speak for the whole trading floor. | 你们可以代表交易大厅的意见 |
[42:23] | Have any of you considered leaving | 你们考虑过离开公司吗 |
[42:26] | Hey, I just got back. | 我才回来 |
[42:28] | I signed a two-year contract. | 我签了两年的合约 |
[42:30] | I have two years left as well. | 我也还剩两年 |
[42:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:35] | Do you feel you’re growing | 你们觉得自己成长了吗 |
[42:36] | You mean our books | 你是说我们的账目 |
[42:39] | Our returns | 我们的收益吗 |
[42:41] | It’s been hard | 最近很不好过 |
[42:42] | Yeah, it has been hard | 是很难过 |
[42:45] | Hard to make progress building good momentum | 说一出是一出 |
[42:47] | when we’re getting whip sawed around. | 让人没办法乘胜追击 |
[42:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:50] | Drop hot foreign money. | 放弃争议外资 |
[42:52] | No more ESG. Go domestic. | 不搞责任投资 撤回国内 |
[42:54] | ” Do good’ | 做好事 |
[42:55] | Fuck’s sake, that’s not a strategy | 真要命 这不是策略 |
[42:57] | It’s been a real pain in the bocc is | 想要在重重障碍之中找到 |
[42:59] | trying to find the alpha through this noise. | 投资方向真的很蛋疼 |
[43:01] | Wait, are you asking us about leaving because you’re leaving | 等等 你问我们是不是因为你要走 |
[43:06] | Well, you all did kind of say that all I was good for lately | 你们确实说我近来 |
[43:09] | was performance coaching | 只能做绩效训练 |
[43:10] | -But that’s a real need. -Duh. | -但是这个需求确实存在-可不是嘛 |
[43:12] | Will there be a new resource put in place for us | 会有替代的人选吗 |
[43:17] | They’re not gonna be half as good as Wendy. | 那也比不上温蒂一半好 |
[43:20] | But… | 但是 |
[43:22] | if you train them, | 如果你训练他们 |
[43:23] | and they can get us back to where you get us, | 他们能够像你一样让我们保持状态 |
[43:25] | then, hey, get your ya-ya’s. | 那我们没意见 |
[43:36] | This isn’t a session. | 这不是治疗 |
[43:38] | Or it’s a different kind of session. | 或者说这是特殊的治疗 |
[43:42] | I’ve made a decision, | 我已经做决定了 |
[43:43] | and I want to do this in front of you. | 我想要你替我见证 |
[43:50] | Robin It’s Wendy Rhoades. | 罗宾我是温蒂·罗兹 |
[43:53] | I’m accepting your offer. | 我接受你的激约 |
[43:56] | I’ve got the Docu Sign on my i Pad, | 我的平板上收到了电子合同 |
[43:58] | and I’ve had my lawyer review it. | 我让我的律师看过了 |
[44:00] | so we should be good to start Monday. | 所以我们周一就可以开始了 |
[44:06] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[44:07] | And I will see you then. | 回头见 |
[44:16] | You know, it’s true, | 你知道没错 |
[44:18] | I… I can’t abandon those people at the firm, | 我我不能放弃公司的那些人 |
[44:21] | despite the state of my relationships right now. | 尽管我现在处于这种境地 |
[44:25] | But I also can’t abandon the prospect | 但是我同样不能放弃 |
[44:27] | of helping all those other people out there, | 帮助外面那些人的机会 |
[44:29] | Mental users who I might be able to touch | 那些我通过心康能够接触到的 |
[44:31] | through this new company. | 患者 |
[44:43] | And I can’t run from what Chuck has put in front of me. | 我也不能逃避查克的邀约 |
[44:49] | I need to do it all. | 我需要兼顾 |
[44:52] | Somehow. | 通过某种办法 |
[44:53] | And just think how good you have made me feel. | 想想看你给我带来的喜悦 |
[44:56] | I will go home tonight knowing that I, too, | 我回到家会知道 |
[45:00] | have made a small difference. | 我促成了改变 |
[45:05] | That’s exactly where I am going right now. | 那也是我要去的地方 |
[45:10] | Home. | 家 |
[45:12] | To try to do the same thing. | 去做出改变 |
[45:38] | I’m bringing you something I didn’t plan on bringing you. | 我给你们带来了意料之外的消息 |
[45:40] | I get what you mean faster than most anyone you know | 我能比普通人更快领会你的意思 |
[45:44] | but even I need, like, one or two more words. | 但是就算是我也需要你多提供一些线索 |
[45:46] | Prince is so smart. So careful. | 普林斯现在很聪明 很谨慎 |
[45:50] | So intentional right now. | 非常心机 |
[45:53] | He just did somet hing for me t that I know | 他刚刚帮了我个忙 |
[45:54] | he couldn’t have wanted to do, but he did it | 尽管我知道他不愿意这么做 但是他这么做是为了 |
[45:56] | to make me even more beholden to him, even more in his debt. | 让我更加受制于他 欠他更多人情债 |
[46:00] | And I don’t matter at all compared to most of the folks | 相比他要对付的人我根本 |
[46:03] | he’s gonna really be working. | 算不了什么 |
[46:05] | Yeah. He got himself to where he got himself | 对他能走到这一步 |
[46:07] | because he’s very fucking good. | 是因为他非常厉害 |
[46:08] | So, the problem is, | 所以i 问题在于 |
[46:10] | if he is the existential threat we know him to be, | 如果他和我们所设想的一样那么危险 |
[46:13] | and he’s that good, | 那么厉害 |
[46:14] | well, it brought me to a certain conclusion. | 这就让我得出一个结论 |
[46:17] | The one that got you to decide to bring us | 一个让你和我们 |
[46:19] | whatever it is you weren’t going to. | 分道扬镰的结论 |
[46:21] | The conclusion that we can’t do it. | 那就是我们做不到 |
[46:23] | Can’t stop him. | 阻止不了他 |
[46:24] | Not alone. | 不能这样孤军奋战 |
[46:26] | That we’re depriving ourselves of a weapon. | 那就是放着武器不用 |
[46:28] | But that weapon… | 但是那件武器 |
[46:31] | You’re about to say your ex-husband’s name, | 我懂了 你要说出你前夫的名字了 |
[46:33] | because while we have certain information, | 因为虽然我们掌握了一些信息 |
[46:35] | he has tools that we don’t have. | 但他有我们没有的手段 |
[46:37] | Chuck She’s about to say Chuck | 查克 她要说查克了 |
[46:39] | Shit. | 草 |
[46:40] | He came to me. | 是他来找我的 |
[46:41] | But not in his old way. | 但不是用他以前的手段 |
[46:43] | He approached with an earnestness. | 他来的时候显得很诚恳 |
[46:47] | I was moved, actually. | 实际上 我很感动 |
[46:49] | You’re saying he got you to trust him | 你是说他让你信任了他 |
[46:51] | He’s been working on himself. | 他一直在进步 |
[46:54] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[46:55] | Let me look at you. | 让我看看你 |
[47:00] | This is bad. | 糟了 |
[47:01] | You kind of look like maybe he got to you. | 你看起来好像被他忽悠了 |
[47:04] | As if you opened your heart to him. | 好像你向他开了心扉 |
[47:06] | No. No way. | 不不可能 |
[47:09] | May be I wanted to hear what he had to say. | 也许我就是想听听他要说什么 |
[47:14] | May be I wanted to offload | 也许我是想卸下 |
[47:15] | some of the responsibility. | 一些责任 |
[47:16] | But, yes, I find myself trusting him again. | 但是 是的我发现自己又开始信任他了 |
[47:20] | Adding law enforcement The top fucking prosecutor | 加进执法部门的最高检察官 |
[47:22] | Making him privy to shit we’ve done and will have to do, | 让他知道我们已经做过和将要做的事 |
[47:25] | that’s bad for all of us. | 这对我们所有人都不利 |
[47:26] | I don’t care what it means for all of us. | 我不在乎这对我们所有人意味着什么 |
[47:28] | I do, however, care what it means for her. | 我在乎的是这对她意味着什么 |
[47:33] | Shit. | 草 |
[47:42] | There’s something I have to do | 在我们进一步讨论之前 |
[47:43] | before we go any further with this. | 我有些事要做 |
[47:49] | Are we supposed to just wait here | 怎么我们就在这里等着吗 |
[48:23] | -Mr. Wagner. | 瓦格纳先生 |
[48:26] | You don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[48:28] | Not really. | 不算真的了解 |
[48:29] | You may think of me as a right-hand man, | 你可能认为我是个助手 |
[48:32] | a second-in-command | 一个副手 |
[48:34] | a facilitator, a fixer. | 一个促进者一个调停者 |
[48:36] | You may not take me very seriously because of that. | 正因为如此你可能不会把我当回事 |
[48:39] | But know this : | 但是要知道 |
[48:40] | when I set my sights | 当我着眼于 |
[48:41] | on accomplishing something important, | 完成某件重要的事情时 |
[48:43] | I take dead aim, | 我会死死瞄准目标 |
[48:45] | and I systematically go over or through everything in my path | 然后系统地检查达到目标的路上的每一个细节 |
[48:48] | until I have reached that objective. | 直到我达到为止 |
[48:51] | So consider this your warning. | 所以把这当成你的警告吧 |
[48:56] | I know you’ve been sweet-talking Wendy, | 我知道你一直在花言巧语骗温蒂 |
[48:59] | making assurances to her, | 向她各种保证 |
[49:00] | saying a lot of shit I’ve heard from you in the past. | 说了很多你以前说过的话 |
[49:03] | But that woman is made of the finest stuff | 但那个女人是世上 |
[49:06] | on this earthly plane | 最优秀的人 |
[49:08] | Stuff that wretches like us | 是像我们这种可怜虫 |
[49:09] | can only appreciate, | 只配欣赏 |
[49:11] | not truly apprehend. | 不能真正理解的存在 |
[49:14] | She’s ripped herself open | 为了帮助我们公司 |
[49:15] | to help the people at our company survive | 度过最艰难的过渡期 |
[49:17] | the roughest of transitions. | 她开了自己的心扉 |
[49:19] | And she deserves the opposite of betrayal. | 她不应该受到背叛的惩罚 |
[49:22] | On this we agree. | 在这一点上我们观点一致 |
[49:23] | Which is why I will not allow you to hurt her. | 所以我不会让你伤害她 |
[49:26] | And if somehow you find your way around me and do hurt her, | 如果你想办法绕过我伤害了她 |
[49:32] | if you cross her | 如果你逆了她 |
[49:34] | or fuck her over, | 或者背叛了她 |
[49:35] | then fucking you back will become my mission — | 那报复你也会成为我的任务 |
[49:38] | my sole motherfucking reason for being | 我唯一存在的理由 |
[49:43] | And then there’ll be nothing for you to hide behind, | 到那时你就没有什么好躲的了 |
[49:47] | because I will come for you. | 因为我会来找你算账的 |
[49:50] | I don’t know how, | 我还不知道怎么做 |
[49:53] | but I will figure it the fuck out, | 但我会想办法的 |
[49:55] | and I will get you. | 我会找到你的 |
[49:59] | It is not my intention or my plan. | 那不是我的本意或计划 |
[50:02] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[50:04] | Your word means rat shit. | 你的保证就是老鼠屎 |
[50:07] | Bubonic plague rat shit. | 还是得了黑死病的老鼠屎 |
[50:09] | Rat shit even the other rats won’t touch. | 连别的老鼠都不碰的老鼠屎 |
[50:11] | -You’re right. -I am right. | 你说得对-我当然对 |
[50:12] | I mean, I know I’m right. | 我知道我说得对 |
[50:16] | I’m right You just said that | 我说得对 你说我说得对 |
[50:17] | Yeah. So, let’s go. | 对那走吧 |
[50:27] | I think we’re just about squared away on Wendy for now. | 我想温蒂的事我们现在差不多搞定了 |
[50:31] | One issue left. | 还剩下一个问题 |
[50:34] | Who do we actually trust t to oversee the place | 一旦我把其他人隔离起来我们能信任谁 |
[50:36] | once I put the others in a box | 来监管这里呢 |
[50:43] | Great. Done. | 太好了搞定 |
[50:48] | Call’em in. | 叫他们过来 |
[50:49] | All of’em. | 所有人 |
[51:01] | Thank you all for coming to this meeting, | 谢谢大家来参加这次会议 |
[51:03] | this uneasy alliance. | 加入这个不稳定的联盟 |
[51:04] | That’s a fucking understatement. | 这么说也太委婉了 |
[51:08] | I have come to understand what it will take | 我已经明白 要使我们在这一奋进过程中 |
[51:10] | to make it possible for us to work together in this endeavor. | 共同努力成为可能需要做些什么 |
[51:13] | And I have gone to those lengths. | 我已经做了那么多了 |
[51:17] | This is a drive that can not be copied. | 这是个没法复制的储存盘 |
[51:19] | It contains a cataloguing of moves I have made | 里面有我的各项行动详细目录 |
[51:24] | extralegal and plain illegal | 不合法完全非法的证据 |
[51:27] | that would flush me from office | 如果被曝光 |
[51:28] | and public life irrevocably, | 我会被办公室 |
[51:31] | would get me disbarred and jailed | 和公共生活永久赶出去 |
[51:33] | if it were to come out. | 我的律师资格会被取消并入狱 |
[51:35] | Okay, and that proves what | 好吧这证明了什么 |
[51:37] | I have always been highly skilled | 证明了我很擅长通过合法 |
[51:40] | at earning people’s trust through means legit and illeg it | 和非法的手段赢得人们的信任 |
[51:44] | -And at betraying it, Chuck. -Yes. | -还有背叛别人的信任-对 |
[51:46] | That too. | 还有那个 |
[51:47] | And so I realize that now I need to give trust. | 所以我意识到现在我需要给予信任 |
[51:54] | Wendy, I know if I hand you this material, | 温蒂我知道如果我把材料交给你 |
[51:55] | you will never use it against me, | 你永远不能用它来对付我 |
[51:58] | even if I deserve it, | 即使这是我活该 |
[51:59] | for the sake of our children. | 考虑到我们孩子 |
[52:01] | Sadly true. | 那确实 |
[52:02] | But Wags will not hesitate | 但瓦格斯会毫不犹豫地 |
[52:07] | to ruin me, | 毁掉我 |
[52:08] | as he just made painfully clear in my office. | 就像他刚刚在我办公室说的 |
[52:13] | So my only question is, do you trust him | 所以我唯一的问题是 如果我对你们所有人都做正确的事 |
[52:16] | not to burn me with this | 你们信不信任 |
[52:19] | if I do right by all of you | 他不会用这个毁掉我 |
[52:26] | With my life. | 用我的生命信任 |
[52:28] | Then I do, too. | 那我也信任 |
[52:37] | Do you have a plan, | 你有什么计划吗 |
[52:38] | now that we can all trust each other | 既然现在我们都可以相互信任了 |
[52:39] | I have a goal. Take Mike Prince’s billions. | 我有一个目标 拿走迈克·普林斯的资本 |
[52:42] | Separate him from the thing that makes him so powerful | 把他从这个让他如此强大 还能吸引选民的东西中 |
[52:45] | and attractive to the voters. | 分离出来 |
[52:47] | Without his money he is Superman, | 没有他的钱 他就是超人 |
[52:49] | and the entire planet is Kryptonite. | 整个星球都是氪石版的超人 |
[52:51] | And we’re all suddenly supposed to figure out how to do this | 几个月来 我们一直在共同或单独尝试 |
[52:54] | after we’ve been trying and failing to do it, | 但都失败了 |
[52:56] | jointly and separately, for months | 我们突然就能想出办法来解决这个问题了吗 |
[52:58] | There is a way to us finding a way. | 我们总有办法找到出路的 |
[53:01] | Another player, similarly motivated, | 另一方 相似的动机 |
[53:03] | who would be a great weapon, | 那一方很接近和亲近你的心 |
[53:05] | and one who is near and dear to your hearts. | 可以作为强力武器 |
[53:13] | Prince calling me in for a meet. | 普林斯叫我去见他 |
[53:15] | Me too. Right now. At his house. | 我也是现在去他家 |
[53:17] | Same. That a in’t good. | 样这可不妙 |
[53:23] | We have to go. | 我们得走了 |
[53:31] | We light our lamps * | 我们点亮台灯 |
[53:34] | For atmosphere * | 烘托气氛 |
[53:37] | And hang our hopes * | 将我们的希望 |
[53:40] | On chandeliers * | 挂在吊灯上 |
[53:43] | We’re going long * | 我们要走很久 |
[53:46] | We’re gaining weight * | 身材走样 |
[53:49] | We’re sleeping long * | 我们睡了很久 |
[53:52] | And far too late * | 现在已经太晚 |
[53:55] | And so it’s time * | 是时候了 |
[53:59] | To change our ways * | 改变我们的生活方式 |
[54:04] | But I’ve loved these days * | 但我喜欢这些日子 |
[54:14] | Are we… | 我们 |
[54:29] | This doesn’t even look fun adjacent | 这看起来一点都不好玩 |
[54:32] | No. Not fun at all. | 不一点也不好玩 |
[54:34] | Wendy, Wags and Taylor have been plotting an assassination. | 温蒂1 瓦格斯和泰勒在策划一场暗杀 |
[54:38] | My assassination. | 暗杀我 |
[54:46] | Staying silent is the first wise thing | 保持沉默是你们这么长时间以来 |
[54:48] | any of you have done in a long while. | 做的第一件明智的事 |
[54:50] | Do you need me to get security to escort them out | 你需要我叫保安来送他们出去吗 |
[54:54] | I won’t be firing the three of them | 我不会把他们三个开除 |
[54:56] | and making this public. | 然后把这件事公之于众的 |
[54:57] | Not yet. | 先不慌 |
[54:58] | No, they’re gonna be punished in a different way. | 不他们会以不同的方式受到惩罚 |
[55:01] | First, they’re gonna lose every cent of bonus money | 首先他们会失去日前积累 |
[55:04] | they have coming to them, | 所有的奖金 |
[55:05] | and their other money is gonna remain in the fund | 而他们的其他钱会留在基金里 |
[55:09] | gated, to insure no further disloyalty. | 封锁起来以确保不会再有别的不忠行为 |
[55:12] | They’ll also lose their reputations | 当他们输掉我们提交的商业间谋诉讼时 |
[55:14] | when they lose the corporate espionage suit we’ve filed | 也会名誉扫地 |
[55:18] | Oh, that’s right. We haven’t filed it yet. | 对了 我们还没有提交 |
[55:20] | But that’s, uh… that’s good to go, right, Kate | 但不过 已经准备好了 是吧 凯特 |
[55:23] | Yeah. Hey, it’s all ready | 是的 都准备好了 |
[55:25] | Signed and sealed, waiting to be delivered. | 签名盖章 等待交付了 |
[55:28] | You’re all frozen in place. | 你们都僵在原地了 |
[55:35] | Wendy, you’re lame-ducked here. | 温蒂你就是个跛脚鸭 |
[55:38] | You’ll execute your new CEO duties, | 你将履行你的新 CEO 职责 |
[55:40] | and if nothing else goes wrong, | 如果不出什么差错 |
[55:43] | you’ll fully onboard the re after the election. | 你将在选举后正式全面加入那边的公司 |
[55:46] | At which time you’ll be fired. | 到那时你会被解雇 |
[55:48] | If you haven’t figured it out yet, | 如果你还没弄明白 |
[55:51] | I’m a majority owner of Mental through a shell corp. | 我通过空壳公司做了心康公司的大股东 |
[55:57] | Taylor, you’re done. | 泰勒没你事儿了 |
[56:00] | No authority. | 没权 |
[56:01] | No log-in privileges | 没登录权限 |
[56:04] | A figurehead. | 当个门面 |
[56:06] | Call it garden leave, but inside a glass box. | 就算花园落叶吧不过是放在玻璃盒子里 |
[56:15] | One notable exception to the outward-facing status quo. | 也就是一个露不露面的区别 |
[56:19] | Wagner, you’ll lose your ability to authorize large trades. | 瓦格纳你会失去批准大额交易的权力 |
[56:23] | And small trades. | 还有小额交易 |
[56:25] | And pay stubs. | 还有签发薪水 |
[56:26] | You can just kind of walk around | 你只可以四处走动 |
[56:27] | shouting nonsense mantras to the traders. | 对着交易员们喊些无意义的屁话 |
[56:31] | So for you, nothing really changes. | 所以对你来说差不多一切如常 |
[56:37] | And Philip. | 还有菲利普 |
[56:38] | Philip, my boy. | 菲利普我的孩子 |
[56:41] | My boy. | 我的孩子 |
[56:42] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[56:46] | Whatever plan you’re considering, | 不管你在考虑什么计划 |
[56:48] | leave me out. | 把我排除在外 |
[56:49] | Whatever you and Taylor and I don’t know who else | 不管你和泰勒还有谁 |
[56:51] | are thinking about doing, I can’t. | 在计划做什么我做不到 |
[56:53] | Won’t. I don’t even want to. | 不会做我甚至都不想做 |
[56:55] | I need, and I will have, complete deniability | 我需要也会完全地推诱责任 |
[56:58] | As-is, right now, there is r nothing I could tell anyone, | 现在我没有什么可以告诉别人的 |
[57:02] | nothing I should tell anyone. | 也没有什么应该告诉别人的 |
[57:03] | I aim to keep it that way. | 我打算保持这种状态 |
[57:04] | Then you do that. | 那就这样吧 |
[57:10] | My office You fucking can’t — | 我的办公室 你丫的不能 |
[57:11] | Before you complain about the violation | 在你抱怨你的医患隐私特权 |
[57:14] | of your doctor-patient privilege, Wendy, | 被侵犯之前·温蒂 |
[57:16] | you should know that Philip signed a waiver | 你应该知道菲利普在那次咨询 |
[57:17] | before that session, didn’t you, Philip | 之前签了弃权书 对吧 菲利普 |
[57:20] | ROC | |
[57:22] | Of course. | 当然 |
[57:25] | Yes, I did. | 对 我签了 |
[57:30] | Philip will now be vested with the sign-off power | 菲利普现在将被赋予瓦格斯 |
[57:33] | Wags has been stripped of | 被剥夺的签字权 |
[57:36] | We’re done with you. | 我们这儿没你们事儿了 |
[57:38] | So you can go. | 所以你们可以走了 |
[57:55] | You have the conn. | 你来指挥 |
[57:57] | Make us some money heading into the election. | 让我们在选举前赚点钱 |
[57:59] | Help me win. | 帮我赢 |
[58:06] | Notify the on-call pilot. | 通知值班飞行员 |
[58:07] | Get the Global Express gassed and fired up. | 把环球快列加满油 发动起来 |
[58:10] | -Destination-London. | -目的地-伦敦 |
[58:12] | I’m going to Haddon Hall | 我要去哈顿庄园 |
[58:16] | So before we end * | 所以在我们结束 |
[58:20] | And then begin * | 然后又开始之前 |
[58:22] | We’ll drink a toast * | 我们先干一杯 |
[58:26] | To how it’s been * | 敬过往 |
[58:29] | A few more hours * | 几个小时 |
[58:32] | To be complete * | 完善这些 |
[58:35] | A few more nights * | 度过几个晚上 |
[58:37] | On satin sheets * | 在缎面床单上 |
[58:41] | A few more times * | 再来几次 |
[58:44] | That I can say * | 我可以说 |
[58:50] | I’ve loved these days * | 我享受这些日子 |