时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | It’s been said one is either a hammer | 人要么是刀俎 |
[00:07] | or an anvil. | 要么是鱼肉 |
[00:09] | Good people have been the anvil for too long. | 好人当鱼肉的时间太长了 |
[00:11] | I’ve been seeing an outside psychiatrist. | 我在外面另找别的心理医生了 |
[00:13] | Respectfully, this is separate from what you do. | 无意冒犯 我去找她咨询的内容和你的不同 |
[00:15] | I’ve been expecting you. | 我一直等着你来 |
[00:17] | Rustle someone’s cattle, they’re gonna come looking. | 你偷了别人的牛 人家无疑会来寻找 |
[00:19] | I can’t afford to let Chuck Rhodes | 我不敢让查克·罗兹 |
[00:21] | revert to his nature. | 回归本性 |
[00:22] | So, you’re feeding him some red meat | 所以 你先给他喂些红肉 |
[00:24] | so you know exactly where he’s coming from. | 好搞清楚他会从哪个方向袭来 |
[00:25] | This is Michael Prince’s Super PAC filing. | 是迈克尔·普林斯的超级政治行动委员会申报文件 |
[00:27] | What did you learn? | 那你有什么发现呢 |
[00:28] | Potential violation of 52 USC 30121. | 有可能违反美国法典第52卷30121条 |
[00:30] | I’m not in the market for a performance coach. | 我没打算聘请一位绩效教练 |
[00:33] | I was suggesting therapy. | 我提议的是心理治疗 |
[00:36] | Time to send a message. | 该传出消息了 |
[00:37] | Let’s open an investigation on Michael Prince. | 我们对迈克尔·普林斯展开调查吧 |
[00:40] | Chuck Rhodes is charging us for violations on the Super PAC. | 查克·罗兹指控我们违反了超级政治委员会的规定 |
[00:43] | Game on, then. | 游戏这就开始了 |
[00:45] | Nothing for him at the end of that road. | 他将在那条路的尽头一无所获 |
[00:47] | But I have decided that he is dangerous, | 可现在 我认为他很危险 |
[00:49] | and I can’t be part of another strongman | 我总不能眼睁睁看着世界舞台上 |
[00:51] | entering the world stage. | 又多了一个邪恶领袖 |
[00:53] | Before all that stuff-of-life happens, | 因为当那些人生苦难发生之前 |
[00:55] | we are going to win cases aplenty. | 我们将赢下大量的案子 |
[00:58] | I goddamn guarantee you that. | 我向你保证 |
[01:47] | Hi, my name is John G., and I’m a gambling addict. | 嗨 我叫约翰·G 我是赌鬼 |
[01:50] | Hi, John. | 嗨 约翰 |
[01:52] | This seemed legit. Proper. | 这里看着蛮正规的 很正式 |
[01:55] | That’s what I kept telling myself | 我一直都是这么告诉自己的 |
[01:57] | to shut down the other voice | 以便屏蔽那些 |
[01:58] | telling me to run the other way. | 让我赶紧闪人的声音 |
[02:00] | NFTs are an investment, right? | 非同质化代币是一种投资 对吧 |
[02:05] | Not a gamble. According to Gary Vee | 据加里·维纳查克那帮人的说法 |
[02:06] | and all those other guys. | 这不是赌博 |
[02:08] | And that is probably true… | 对一些人来说 |
[02:11] | for some folks. | 这有可能是真的 |
[02:13] | Regular folks. | 这只限于普通人 |
[02:15] | But I should have recognized the rush. | 我早该意识到这股狂热 |
[02:18] | The hunger. That deep-seated… | 饥渴 这种注定 |
[02:21] | secret need to lose. | 要输的秘密 |
[02:23] | Just lose. | 注定要输 |
[02:26] | And those shady fucking guys. | 还有那些人渣 |
[02:30] | Well, there was one shady fucking guy. | 好吧 只有一个人渣 |
[02:32] | Eh, computer nerd. Taiwanese. | 搞计算机的中国台湾人 |
[02:34] | Kal Huang Liu. | 刘凯黄 |
[02:37] | He had amazing bona fides, but… | 他起初还挺有诚意的 但是 |
[02:39] | he turned out to be a motherfucker. | 结果发现他是个混蛋 |
[02:43] | Scamster. | 骗子 |
[02:45] | And I…I can’t do anything about it | 但我什么都做不了 |
[02:46] | ’cause his daddy is some Asian tycoon | 因为他爹是个什么亚洲巨富 |
[02:50] | with more lawyers than I’ve got ass pimples, so, um… | 他爸的律师比我屁股上的痘痘还多 |
[02:56] | So, now I am back to zero. | 所以我现在成穷光蛋了 |
[02:59] | Less than zero, like that movie says. | 就跟那电影《零下的激情》一样 |
[03:02] | And back in G.A. rooms, counting days. | 回到戒赌会掰指头数日子的时候 |
[03:06] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[03:08] | Uh, thanks for listening. | 感谢各位聆听 |
[03:18] | Tough one, kid. | 孩子 你可真不容易啊 |
[03:19] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:21] | You know, it, uh, was Elvis Costello | 其实是埃尔维斯·卡斯特罗 |
[03:24] | who came up with “Less Than Zero” | 想出的”零下的激情” |
[03:26] | before that, uh, vampire at Bennington did. | 是在本宁顿学院”小鬼”之前想出来的 |
[03:30] | Just another thing I fucked up. | 我又搞砸了 |
[03:32] | No! You’re turning it around. | 没有 你正向好的方向转变呢 |
[03:35] | That’s why you’re here. Why I’m here. | 所以你才会在这里 我也在这里 |
[03:38] | Yeah. Plus, this meeting has the best coffee. | 对 还有 这个戒赌会的咖啡最好喝 |
[03:40] | I take an extra train just to drink it | 我多坐一班火车 就为这口 |
[03:42] | instead of the weak shit that the other meetings have. | 我可不要喝其他互助会的次品咖啡 |
[03:44] | Warms my heart. | 你说得我心里暖洋洋的 |
[03:45] | This is my samovar. | 这是我的茶壶 |
[03:48] | I keep it in the closet. | 我把它放在壁橱里 |
[03:50] | Life’s too short for bad coffee. | 人生苦短 别喝烂咖啡 |
[03:51] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:54] | Wanna tell me a little more about what happened to you? | 想跟我多说说你的遭遇吗 |
[03:57] | These ears are for listening to more than just | 我这双耳朵可不仅仅是用来听 |
[03:59] | old British New wave. | 英国新浪潮老歌的 |
[04:29] | Whatever it is I’m doing that you don’t like, | 无论我做了什么让你不悦的事情 |
[04:31] | I’ll stop doing it. | 我都会收手的 |
[04:45] | Oh, he is so going down. | 他马上要摔了 |
[04:48] | Nah, they never do. They know how to brace. | 他们从来不会摔的 他们知道如何做好防备 |
[04:51] | Thousand bucks he falls. | 一千美元 赌他会摔 |
[04:53] | These winds are…are like nothing I’ve ever… | 我从来没见过这样的风 |
[04:55] | Ronnie, are you all right out there? | 罗尼 你在外面还好吗 |
[04:57] | Five thou he falls. | 五千 他会摔 |
[04:58] | Additional two on a head injury. | 再加两千 赌他头部受伤 |
[05:00] | Booked. | 说定了 |
[05:01] | This storm is a doozy. | 这场风暴异常强烈 |
[05:05] | It was originally predicted to be | 最初的预测是 |
[05:06] | a high Category Three hurricane, | 三级飓风 |
[05:08] | low Category Four at a maximum, | 最高是四级 |
[05:10] | but I wouldn’t be surprised | 然而 要是最新报告评级更高 |
[05:13] | if newer reports put it even higher. | 也在意料之中 |
[05:16] | And you think we could be dealing with a Cat Five here? | 你认为我们会面临一场五级飓风吗 |
[05:20] | – Yes! – Ronnie, do we still have you? | – 对了 – 罗尼 你还好吗 |
[05:22] | My Venmo handle is… | 我的账号是 |
[05:23] | LuckBox16. I got it. | LuckBox16 我知道 |
[05:25] | You guys. | 伙计们 |
[05:26] | I’m not sure if he can hear us. | 我不确定他能不能听见我们 |
[05:28] | Ronnie, do we have you? | 罗尼 你能听见吗 |
[05:29] | Can you hear me? | 能听到吗 |
[05:30] | We thought we lost you for a second. | 我们还以为信号断了呢 |
[05:32] | Bet my nuts it reaches Cat Five. | 肯定有五级了 |
[05:34] | Care to make it interesting? | 想来点更刺激的吗 |
[05:35] | My nuts are fascinating, but how ’bout we go ten grand? | 很有意思 不如赌个一万 |
[05:39] | Done. | 可以 |
[05:40] | Whoa. Quick on the draw there. | 接的真快 |
[05:42] | For a Cat Five, the winds have to be | 五级的话 风速至少得到 |
[05:44] | at least 157 miles per hour. | 157英里每小时 |
[05:47] | That’s, like, airborne livestock level. | 那牲畜不都飞上天啦 |
[05:50] | Did you see that motherfucker? | 你看到那人了吗 |
[05:51] | He went down like Dafoe in Platoon, | 他比《野战排》里的达福摔得还惨 |
[05:53] | and they haven’t even named the storm yet. | 他们甚至还没给这风暴命名 |
[05:55] | I want in. | 我加入 |
[05:57] | Five it goes Cat Five, another three they name it Rachel. | 五千赌五级 再来三千赌他们命名瑞秋 |
[06:02] | This is really dark, you guys. | 你们太变态了 |
[06:05] | Eight K it stays Cat Four, | 八千赌只有四级 |
[06:07] | and five they call her Rosie, | 五千赌他们命名罗茜 |
[06:09] | spelled R-O-S-I-E. | 有草字头的茜 |
[06:11] | So, we’re betting on whether or not | 所以我们要赌 |
[06:14] | people are gonna lose their homes? | 他们会不会失去家吗 |
[06:16] | That’s what we’ve come to? | 我们来这就干这个 |
[06:17] | Oh, we’re already there. Embrace it. | 赌都赌了 接受吧 |
[06:21] | You know, I am kind of okay with this. | 其实还能接受 |
[06:24] | Jesus! Wow. Okay. | 我的天 行吧 |
[06:26] | Learn something about yourself in the strangest times. | 人总会在奇怪的时刻了解自己 |
[06:28] | I’ll throw a fiver on over a million evacuees | 五千赌接下来四十八小时内 |
[06:30] | leaving in the next 48 hours, | 超过一百万人撤离 |
[06:31] | and twelve grand it gets to Cat Five. | 一万二赌这场风暴到五级 |
[06:33] | And three they name it Rosy, but spelled with a y. | 三千赌他们叫它罗西 但是没有草字头 |
[06:37] | You can’t judge, then join… | 你不能才评判完就加入 |
[06:39] | I’ll donate a portion to charity. | 我会捐一部分给慈善机构 |
[06:40] | Oh, please. There are no good Nazis. | 拜托 纳粹没好人 |
[06:43] | The National Weather Service has just announced | 国家气象局刚宣布了 |
[06:45] | their moniker for this surging storm: | 他们为这场肆虐的风暴起的名字 |
[06:48] | Hurricane Rosie. | 飓风”罗茜” |
[06:51] | That’s bullcrap! | 太扯了 |
[06:52] | That’s I-E, baby. You owe me, Rian. | 是茜 宝贝 你欠我钱了哦 瑞安 |
[06:55] | You too, Kim. | 还有你 金 |
[06:57] | Five thou in honor of my Nonna Rosalia, | 五千 向我奶奶罗莎莉娅致敬 |
[06:59] | and I want it in cash, just like she would’ve. | 我要现金 奶奶喜欢的 |
[07:02] | If Rosie hits Category Five, it’s going to cost you all | 如果罗茜到五级 你们这帮人付出的代价 |
[07:04] | a lot more than those bets. | 可就要比赌注高得多 |
[07:05] | Southern Property & Casualty | 南方财产与意外伤害保险公司 |
[07:07] | is one of the major insurers down there. | 是南方地区的主要保险公司 |
[07:09] | Mike Prince holds several billion worth | 迈克尔·普林斯持有他们发行的 |
[07:10] | of catastrophe bonds issued by them. | 价值数十亿美元的灾难债券 |
[07:12] | If you degenerates were all better acquainted | 你们这些败类要是能好好了解一下 |
[07:14] | with Mike Prince’s diversified holdings, | 迈克尔·普林斯的多样化控股 |
[07:16] | you wouldn’t be reveling. | 你们就不会这么开心了 |
[07:17] | Dollar Bill started it. | 比尔起的头 |
[07:19] | Yeah, but you doofuses should’ve known better. | 对 但你们这些蠢货心里总的有数吧 |
[07:21] | I just got back. | 我才回来 |
[07:22] | How fucked are we? | 我们会有多惨 |
[07:24] | Once they declare Cat Five, the bonds are triggered | 一旦他们宣布飓风为五级 债券就会被触发 |
[07:25] | and used to pay claims. | 用于支付索赔 |
[07:27] | That’s a buzzcut for our total capital. | 会让我们的总资本严重削减 |
[07:29] | So, make like Costner in Waterworld | 所以 学学《未来水世界》的科斯特纳 |
[07:30] | and start praying for dry land. | 祈祷找到陆地吧 |
[07:32] | Anyone who thinks this ends up Cat Five, | 你们那些赌五级的人 |
[07:35] | you got the ass end of the bet. | 绝逼赢不了 |
[07:45] | Nice. Karl, this is exactly what we’re looking for. | 干得漂亮 卡尔 这就是我们要找的 |
[07:48] | DOJ likes to flash. Trendy, visible, winnable. | 司法部喜欢这种案子 惹眼 时髦 显眼 能赢 |
[07:50] | Yep. | 没错 |
[07:52] | The kid, Kai Huang Liu, | 那个叫刘凯黄的小子 |
[07:54] | sells sham NFTs, | 出售假冒的非同质化代币 |
[07:56] | then erases the point of sale | 然后抹去销售点 |
[07:58] | and launders the proceeds through crypto. | 通过加密货币清洗收益 |
[08:00] | Mm-hmm. Fits the mandate to crack down on crypto fraud. | 这符合打击加密货币欺诈的任务要求 |
[08:03] | You don’t even know the best part yet. | 你还不知道最精彩的部分呢 |
[08:06] | Tell us the kicker. | 告诉我们关键点是什么 |
[08:07] | Can’t wait to. | 迫不及待了 |
[08:09] | I’ve been trawling these gambler anon meetings | 多年来 我一直在那些个戒赌匿名会上搜集资料 |
[08:11] | for years, just waiting for something good to come… | 只为等待好消息的到来 |
[08:13] | Please say you actually have a problem | 你有说你真的有赌博问题吧 |
[08:15] | because if you just go to the meetings to solicit… | 因为如果你只是去匿名会搜集信息… |
[08:16] | Yeah, please have a story in your pocket | 对啊 你有给自己编个凄惨故事吧 |
[08:18] | about losing the rent on, uh, you know, | 比如输掉了房租 |
[08:22] | “Pinochle broke me,” something of the sort. | 打扑克打到破产之类的 |
[08:25] | Pinochle broke me. | 打扑克打到破产 |
[08:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:30] | I’d swear to it under oath. | 我发誓 |
[08:32] | Now. Wanna see the kicker? | 现在 想知道关键点了吗 |
[08:36] | Liu’s pop is a mega-billionaire. Industrialist. | 刘的父亲是超级亿万富翁 是实业家 |
[08:41] | Does thrice-yearly deals with none other | 每年都会和迈克尔·普林斯本人 |
[08:43] | than Michael Prince himself. | 签订三次合约呢 |
[08:49] | They’ve been in deep for over a decade. | 他们深交十多年了 |
[08:51] | If we pinch the kid, | 我们要是抓了这个年轻人 |
[08:52] | they all look real bad. | 他们双方都会很丢脸 |
[08:58] | Karl, that’s not just a kicker, | 卡尔 这可不仅仅是关键点 |
[09:00] | that’s a Tom Dempsey. | 这简直就是汤姆·邓普西 |
[09:03] | I’m unfamiliar. | 不熟 |
[09:05] | Had half a foot, kicked with a special sawed-off shoe. | 他有只脚残疾 踢球时用一只特质的锯短的鞋子 |
[09:07] | Still made 60-yard field goals. | 还能踢进六十码远的射门 |
[09:09] | Then, yeah, that’s this. | 对了 就是那个 |
[09:11] | We can get you a warrant for the kid right away, Karl. | 卡尔 我们可以马上拿到针对这个年轻人的逮捕令 |
[09:14] | Good. Go scoop him up. | 好 去抓他吧 |
[09:21] | “Ooh, a storm is threatening,” | “噢 风暴正要降临” |
[09:24] | as geriatric Jagger croons. | 年迈的贾格尔哼唱道 |
[09:26] | Are there any actions you’d like me to take | 在有可能面临巨额赔付的情况下 |
[09:28] | in the face of potentially massive payouts? | 您希望我采取什么行动 |
[09:30] | No action. We work with whatever happens. | 什么都别做 我们随机应变 |
[09:33] | We could likely get rocked. | 我们很有可能受到重创 |
[09:34] | Then we get rocked. | 那就被重创吧 |
[09:37] | Ah. Of course. | 对了 |
[09:39] | Other circumstances take precedent. | 要优先考虑其他情况 |
[09:41] | As they should. | 理应如此 |
[09:50] | I always liked the way Obama referred to Biden | 我一直很喜欢奥巴马在公开场合称 |
[09:52] | as his partner publicly, | 拜登是他的搭档 |
[09:54] | even though we all knew he was barely listening to the V.P. | 尽管我们都知道 在私下里 |
[09:56] | when they were in private. | 他很少会听副总统的意见 |
[09:58] | I think Biden would have preferred the opposite. | 我猜拜登肯定不会这么想 |
[10:00] | And, uh, Scooter isn’t actually your partner | 并且 斯科特严格来说不是你 |
[10:01] | in owning the business. | 生意上的合伙人 |
[10:03] | No, but… | 对 不过… |
[10:05] | I’d listen to him as though he were. | 考虑到他曾经是 我会听取他的建议 |
[10:06] | I-I truly think of him that way. | 我真的事把他当伙伴的 |
[10:10] | And I try to reward him as such. | 我也想给予他一定的奖励 |
[10:12] | You find ways to reaffirm your trust and loyalty, | 这是你重申信任和忠诚的办法 |
[10:14] | so it continues to be returned in kind. | 好让它用同样的方式来回馈你 |
[10:17] | Yes, but also I love the guy. | 是的 但我也确实喜欢这个人 |
[10:20] | That’s why made the winning bid at the symphony charity auction: | 所以我才在那场交响乐慈善拍卖上出手 |
[10:24] | Scooter’s gonna conduct the Philharmonic. | 斯科特会指挥爱乐乐团 |
[10:26] | I’m gonna bring him on stage, | 我要把他送上舞台 |
[10:28] | introduce him, really blow it out. | 介绍给大家 让大家开开眼界 |
[10:31] | I see why that seems like the thing to do. | 我明白你这么做的原因 |
[10:33] | And for you and Scooter, holistically, | 对于你和斯科特 整体上讲 |
[10:35] | it is the thing to do. | 这么做没错 |
[10:38] | But classical music is pussy music. | 不过 古典音乐就是娘炮听的 |
[10:40] | That’s insane. | 胡说八道 |
[10:42] | Not to the voters. | 选民们是这么想的 |
[10:43] | And to them, people who like it… | 而且对于他们来说 喜欢古典乐的人 |
[10:45] | are pussies. | 也都是娘炮 |
[10:47] | Including you. | 包括你 |
[10:59] | It’s like this. | 就好比这样说 |
[11:00] | Al Capone can cry at Pagliacci | 阿尔·卡彭可以在看《丑角》时流泪 |
[11:00] | 阿尔·卡彭 二十世纪二三十年代最有影响力的美国黑手党领导人 也称疤脸 《丑角》意大利歌剧作家莱翁卡瓦洛的歌剧 主要描述了爱情嫉妒 | |
[11:02] | ’cause he’s having a guy murdered at the same time. | 因为他在同一时间杀死了一个人 |
[11:04] | Also because he’s being played by Robert De Niro. | 也因为扮演他的人是罗伯特·德尼罗 |
[11:07] | Anyone else is… effete. | 换作别人来演都会显得 很柔弱 |
[11:10] | Uh, you used a different word before she walked in the room. | 她走进来之前 你用的可是另一个词 |
[11:12] | His idiolect changes based on who he wants to affect. | 他的措辞会基于他想要影响的人去改变 |
[11:17] | We’ve barely met, how can you… | 我们很少见面 你怎么… |
[11:18] | I’m a professional evaluator of people, | 评估人我是专业的 |
[11:20] | so I thin-sliced it and… | 所以我会根据细节来 |
[11:22] | Well, I’m a professional evaluator of people | 我也是专业的评估师 |
[11:24] | and a comms strategist. Words… | 还是交流策略师 言语… |
[11:27] | Jesus, you-you like shaking people up, don’t you? | 天呐 你就喜欢唬人是吧 |
[11:30] | Like it? I don’t know. Just happens. | 喜欢 不好说 我就是能镇住人啊 |
[11:34] | This is about Scooter conducting. | 是在谈斯科特指挥的事吧 |
[11:38] | Regardless what word we use, yeah. | 不管我们刚用了什么词 是的 |
[11:41] | No chamber music for you or Scooter. I have to veto it. | 你和斯科特都不能参与室内乐 我必须否决 |
[11:43] | First of all, you don’t have veto power. | 第一 你可没有否决权 |
[11:45] | Second, orchestral, not chamber. | 第二 是管弦乐 不是室内乐 |
[11:47] | Third, I’m not effete. | 第三 我可不柔弱 |
[11:49] | Yeah, Mike’s no pussy. | 对 迈克尔可不是娘炮 |
[11:52] | See? | 听到没 |
[11:53] | I was a college athlete. | 我大学里可是运动员 |
[11:56] | So, let’s throw out the first pitch somewhere that night | 那我们那晚就找个地方先去投几球吧 |
[11:58] | instead of going to the concerto. | 别去听那协奏曲去了 |
[12:00] | You think one night at the Phil | 你觉得就一个晚上待在费城 |
[12:01] | is gonna have that much negative impact? | 会造成那么大的负面影响吗 |
[12:03] | It’s not one night. | 这不是一个晚上的问题 |
[12:04] | It’s the conversation surrounding it. | 是因此而产生的各种议论 |
[12:07] | Who’s your favorite female conductor? | 你最喜欢的女指挥家是谁 |
[12:08] | Marin Alsop, Baltimore Symphony. | 马林·阿尔索普 巴尔的摩交响乐团的 |
[12:11] | I hate that you have that answer so fast. | 你回答的这么快可真令我讨厌 |
[12:13] | Okay, Baltimore, | 好吧 巴尔的摩 |
[12:16] | who’s your favorite Oriole? | 金莺队里你最喜欢谁 |
[12:17] | Mussina. Even though he retired a Yankee. | 穆西纳 尽管他是在洋基队退役的 |
[12:19] | Favorite now? | 最喜欢的现役队员呢 |
[12:23] | Baseball’s kind of dead. | 现在的棒球不太行啊 |
[12:27] | Tell him. | 告诉他 |
[12:28] | You understand this shit, right? | 你明白其中含义 对吧 |
[12:30] | ‘Cause as a professional thin slicer of people, you know | 因为作为一个评估人的专业人士 你明白 |
[12:32] | classical music makes people feel dumb. | 古典乐会让人觉得愚蠢 |
[12:35] | Some people. Absolutely. | 对一些人而言 是的 |
[12:38] | But are those people Prince voters anyway? | 但那些人是普林斯的支持者吗 |
[12:40] | Big tent. | 包容点 |
[12:41] | Let’s not write anyone off yet. | 别着急排除任何人 |
[12:43] | Then cancel any and all involvement with the symphony | 那就取消任何涉及到交响乐的安排 |
[12:45] | until they play you into the job | 直至你的就职典礼上 |
[12:48] | at your inauguration. | 再奏交响乐曲 |
[12:49] | But we should have Bocephus anyway. | 不过 我们必须得请小汉克·威廉姆斯来 |
[12:54] | Wendy, do you have a real lean here? | 温迪 你倾向于哪种方案 |
[12:57] | Michael Prince is a maverick who rewrites the rules. | 迈克尔·普林斯是个重写规矩 特立独行的人 |
[13:00] | That’s what works for him. | 这就是他的做法 |
[13:02] | For you. | 至于你 |
[13:04] | I don’t see why candidate Prince would switch that up. | 我觉得作为候选人普林斯没有必要调整 |
[13:05] | After all… | 毕竟 |
[13:08] | he is the buck. | 他才是老大 |
[13:10] | I’m telling you, you’ve gotta walk this back. | 我跟你说 你必须得打消这个念头 |
[13:13] | Nope. Gonna march it forward. | 不 我要大步向前走 |
[13:19] | Eyes up! | 都抬头 |
[13:22] | Scooter, stand with me. | 斯科特站到我这来 |
[13:29] | this man. | 这个人 |
[13:32] | This man of many disciplines, many skills, many talents, | 他懂得很多 技能丰富 天赋异禀 |
[13:36] | is about to showcase a hidden one. | 他将要展示一个隐藏技能 |
[13:38] | Two weeks from tomorrow, | 两周后 |
[13:40] | he will conduct the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. | 他将指挥纽约爱乐乐团 |
[13:44] | I’ll be introducing him. | 届时 我将介绍他登台 |
[13:45] | All of you will be there cheering him on. | 所有人都要出席为他鼓劲 |
[13:51] | I was really enjoying your fucking act | 我很享受你的表演 |
[13:53] | until you Joe Theismanned my ass. | 直到你差点把我像乔·希斯曼那样弄退役 |
[13:55] | Like Lawrence Taylor. | 就像劳伦斯·泰勒一样 |
[13:57] | – That’s what they pay me for. – Hm. | – 他们请我来就是干这事的 – 呵 |
[13:59] | Look, you gotta know you’re not always gonna | 你必须知道你不可能永远 |
[14:00] | get your way with him. It’s not how we… | 让他按你的方式去行动 这不是我们… |
[14:02] | You think I’m pissed because I didn’t get my way? | 你以为我生气是因为我没达到我的目的吗 |
[14:03] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[14:05] | It means a lot to have the well wishes of this team. | 能得到大家的祝福 对我来说很有意义 |
[14:08] | I think you’re frustrated because Prince isn’t pliable | 我认为你很懊恼 因为普林斯 |
[14:10] | the way most of your candidates probably are. | 不像你大多数候选人那样易于操纵 |
[14:12] | They don’t start out that way. | 他们开始都不那样 |
[14:14] | But I tell them what to do. They do it. And then they win. | 但我告诉他们要做什么 他们照做 然后他们赢得选举 |
[14:17] | I don’t appease. | 我不会安抚人 |
[14:19] | I don’t coax and massage | 我不会像心理医生那样 |
[14:20] | the way, say, a therapist might. | 哄劝 按摩放松 |
[14:22] | I look like I get out the scented oils | 我看起来像是会在给你按肩膀前 |
[14:24] | and Dead Can Dance CDs before I rub your shoulders? | 掏出精油和逝者善舞唱片的人吗 |
[14:26] | The verbal equivalent. Yeah. | 大概就是这个意思吧 |
[14:30] | And, uh, I have something for you | 然后 我有东西要给你 |
[14:31] | to commemorate this moment… | 用来纪念这个时刻 |
[14:41] | Belonged to Leonard Bernstein. | 曾属于伦纳德·伯恩斯坦 |
[14:43] | Greatest of the greats. | 最优秀的指挥家 |
[14:46] | This is your time, Scoot. | 斯科特 这是属于你的时刻 |
[14:48] | So proud of you. | 以你为荣 |
[14:55] | I have been preparing for this opportunity for a long time, | 为了这个机会 我已经准备了很久 |
[14:59] | silently, quietly, in my waking dreams. | 静悄悄的幻想着 |
[15:02] | But I never knew it would come to fruition. | 但我从没想到会美梦成真 |
[15:07] | Thank you, Mike. | 感谢你 迈克 |
[15:09] | It would be my honor to share this with you all. | 能和大家分享是我的荣幸 |
[15:13] | I promise not to disappoint. | 我保证不会让大家失望 |
[15:15] | Yeah! | 棒 |
[15:22] | But for real, though, | 不过说真的 |
[15:24] | your job here, if we boil it down, | 你在这的工作 总的来说 |
[15:25] | is to make everyone else’s life a little better, right? | 就是让这每个人的生活变得更好 对吧 |
[15:28] | Remove the obstacles in their way. | 清除他们道路上的障碍物 |
[15:29] | In a sense. | 从某种意义上说 是的 |
[15:31] | Today, though, you made mine worse. | 不过今天 你让我的变得更糟糕了 |
[15:32] | Look, he called me in. | 是他叫我进去的 |
[15:35] | To do the thing that I do for him. Not you. | 要我去为他做事 而不是为你 |
[15:37] | ‘Cause whatever it was he was getting from you, | 因为不管他从你那得到的是什么 |
[15:39] | it clearly wasn’t enough. | 很显然对他而言不够 |
[15:53] | If we can connect Eric T. to the real estate fraud, | 如果我们可以把埃里克·T和地产诈骗给联系起来 |
[15:55] | maybe he’ll roll. | 也许他就会认罪 |
[15:56] | We get big sister up from Indian Creek Island, | 我们可以把他大姐从印第安里克岛找来 |
[15:58] | she finally gets revenge on pops | 她爸爸毁了她社会地位 |
[15:59] | for ruining her social standing. | 终于可以一雪前耻了 |
[16:01] | A second, boss. | 耽误一下 老大 |
[16:03] | One moment, Ms. Torre. | 稍等片刻 托瑞女士 |
[16:05] | Ira. | 艾拉 |
[16:10] | – Kid’s gone. – Gambling kid or criminal kid? | – 孩子不见了 – 赌博的那个还是犯罪的那个 |
[16:13] | – The scammer. – When you say “gone”? | – 那个骗子 – 什么时候的事 |
[16:15] | Got a warrant, entered his place with the agents. Gone. | 我拿到搜查令 跟探员到他住所去 他已经不见了 |
[16:18] | Either tipped off or knew he’d pushed it. | 要么有人走漏消息 要么他就是知道自己有麻烦了 |
[16:20] | Phone’s off, too. | 手机也关机了 |
[16:22] | Figure he’s gone to ground? | 怕不是躲起来了 |
[16:23] | No. Billionaire’s kid, you said. | 不会 你说过他是富二代 |
[16:25] | They don’t go to ground, they flee the jurisdiction. | 富二代才不会躲 他们会逃离管辖范围 |
[16:27] | They sure do. Karl… | 肯定的 卡尔 |
[16:30] | get Ms. Torre off whatever she’s working on | 不管托瑞女士在忙什么 让她先放下 |
[16:32] | and onto this, interfacing with the agents, | 开始调查这件事 联系各个机构 |
[16:33] | checking ships, yachts, | 检查船只 游艇 |
[16:35] | airplane manifests, all of it. | 飞机机舱 全都检查一下 |
[16:37] | Ground the family crafts. | 禁飞家族私人飞机 |
[16:39] | If Elon Musk is prototyping jet suits, | 就算是埃隆·马斯克在做飞行服 |
[16:41] | find out if our guy’s flying one of those back home. | 也得查查那小子会不会拿上一件溜了 |
[16:46] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:50] | When you try to drip poison in someone’s mouth, | 当你想要往别人嘴里滴入毒药的时候 |
[16:54] | he may turn his head. | 他可能会把头转开 |
[16:56] | And then a clean kill can turn very messy. | 然后一次简洁的谋害就变得非常混乱 |
[17:01] | And before long, you have Dan Aykroyd | 不就之后 丹·艾克罗伊德的 |
[17:03] | double barreling semi-automatics at your face. | 双管半自动步枪就会瞄在你的脸上 |
[17:05] | Ah, yes. Uh, Grosse Pointe Blank. | 《这个杀手将有难》 |
[17:08] | You know, from treating all your colleagues… | 你知道吗 通过治疗你的同事们 |
[17:10] | and I can say this without breaking confidence, | 我可以很自信的说 |
[17:13] | since that is what brought you to me in the first place… | 因为这是你最开始来找我的原因嘛 |
[17:15] | I have gotten to revisit so many fine films. | 我重温了许多优秀电影 |
[17:18] | This one I missed first time around, | 之前我错过了这部 |
[17:20] | but I enjoyed it. | 但我很喜欢 |
[17:22] | Even if its commentary on ambition in the work force | 尽管它对职场野心的评论 |
[17:26] | is a bit heavy handed. | 有点严厉 |
[17:29] | I mean, even Shakespeare laid it on a bit thick | 即使是莎士比亚在想要表达一个观点的时候 |
[17:31] | when he was really trying to make a point. | 用词也会有些过激 |
[17:32] | Still effective. | 但仍然有效 |
[17:34] | which play comes to mind? Answer quickly. | 想到那部电影了 快问快答 |
[17:36] | Um, Richard III. | 《理查德三世》 |
[17:39] | Another work about an assassin of sorts. | 又一部关于刺客的作品 |
[17:44] | I’m sensing a theme. | 我感觉到主题了 |
[17:46] | Yes. Now that I said it… | 是的 现在我已经说出来了 |
[17:51] | ah, you asked on purpose to s… | 你是故意问的 |
[17:54] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[17:55] | Yes, now that I said it, I do feel a bit like… | 是的 既然我说出来了 我确实有点觉得最近 |
[17:59] | Richard these days, if more justifiably motivated. | 跟理查德点像 如果不考虑动机的话 |
[18:01] | The real Richard was in quite the tough spot. | 历史上真正的理查德处境很艰难 |
[18:05] | His family would have lost the throne if he didn’t act. | 如果他没有采取行动 他的家族就会失去王位 |
[18:08] | Well, that’s the question one asks oneself, isn’t it? | 这就是要自我探讨的问题了 不是吗 |
[18:13] | If the damage, intended or collateral, is justified… | 如果这个伤害是有意为之或是附带的 是合理的 |
[18:16] | or even when you know it is justified, | 或即使你清楚它是合理的 |
[18:19] | if you can live with the collateral damage. | 如果你能承受附带伤害 |
[18:21] | Change the “you” to “I” when using examples. | 举例子的时候把”你”换成”我” |
[18:24] | It’s difficult to do, but try it. | 有点难 但试试 |
[18:27] | I have to do some things. | 我必须做些事 |
[18:31] | I am doing some things that I deem… | 我在做一些我认为 |
[18:35] | necessary. | 有必要的事 |
[18:38] | And these things will help | 这些事会帮助 |
[18:40] | many, many people. | 许多许多的人 |
[18:43] | But they will hurt some other people. | 但也会伤害到一部分其他人 |
[18:46] | Fewer. | 少部分人 |
[18:50] | But the hurt ones are folks that I know and care about. | 但会受伤的人都是我认识和在乎的人 |
[18:52] | So… guilt. | 所以 愧疚 |
[18:54] | Well, it’s strange | 这挺奇怪的 |
[18:56] | because guilt usually rears up when you… | 因为负罪感通常会在你 |
[18:58] | when I… do bad things, things that I know are wrong. | 在我 做了我明知道错的事情时出现 |
[19:01] | But this is different. Justified. And yet… | 但这次不同 这是有正当理由的 但是 |
[19:03] | That’s why the trolley problem takes up so many class sessions | 这就是为什么电车问题在哈佛大学 |
[19:06] | when it’s taught at Harvard. | 总能开好多节的原因 |
[19:08] | We are feeling creatures, | 我们是感性生物 |
[19:11] | even if it often seems as though we are not. | 即使很多时候我们看起来不是 |
[19:13] | So, we know we should only | 我们知道如果能拯救更多人 |
[19:15] | divert the runaway trolley if more people will live, | 我们只能改变失控电车的方向 |
[19:19] | yet we hesitate if we learn too many nice things | 然而 如果我们从任一潜在受害者身上 |
[19:23] | about any one potential victim. | 了解到太多的优点 我们就会犹豫 |
[19:26] | Right. So, how do I execute what I need to, | 没错 我该如何继续执行我需要做的 |
[19:28] | all the little moves, | 所有那些小动作 |
[19:30] | knowing that I’m gonna do real harm to people | 我心里清楚 我会对那些无辜的人 |
[19:32] | who’ve done nothing to earn that fate? | 造成真正的伤害 |
[19:36] | What more can you tell me? In specific. | 你还能告诉我一些什么 更具体的 |
[19:45] | You’ve heard that Michael Prince | 你知道迈克尔·普林斯 |
[19:46] | is running for president? | 正在竞选总统吧 |
[19:49] | Well, the thing is, I’m in a position | 现在问题是 我很清楚 |
[19:51] | to really know what damage he will do… | 他会造成什么伤害 |
[19:55] | actually, I know what his own conscious mind | 事实上 我知道他还意识不到 |
[19:58] | doesn’t know yet about what damage he will do. | 他自己将会造成什么样的伤害 |
[20:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:02] | It’s bad. | 会很糟糕 |
[20:03] | For the country. For the world. | 对整个国家 甚至全世界 |
[20:05] | He needs to be stopped. | 必须都有人阻止他 |
[20:06] | And I’m one of the few people | 而我就是那少数 |
[20:07] | who can maybe do the stopping. | 也许能阻止他的人中的一员 |
[20:10] | But… | 但是 |
[20:11] | to do so requires… | 要达成这个目标 |
[20:13] | Yeah. The very people I’ve promised to help. | 是的 那些我发誓要去帮助的人 |
[20:16] | And a few people I’ve come to really like… | 和一些我非常喜欢的人 |
[20:19] | are gonna pay a real price, | 会付出巨大的代价 |
[20:25] | Some of them are my other patients. | 其中一些还是我的病人 |
[20:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:32] | Then… …for ethical reasons, | 那么 基于道德原因 |
[20:34] | we’ll need to stop here. | 我们得在这里停下了 |
[20:39] | You asked me the questions that brought us here. | 是你的提问把我们的谈话带到这里的 |
[20:42] | I mean, you practically challenged me | 是你一直用激将法 |
[20:44] | to sit here with you, | 让我坐下来接受疗程 |
[20:45] | and now you’re going to abandon me? | 现在你竟然要抛弃我 |
[20:47] | You wrestling with your ethical dilemma | 你陷入了与自身道德准则斗争的困境 |
[20:49] | is not a reason for me to create one of my own. | 不代表我也要给自己建立一个相同的困境 |
[20:53] | I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[20:55] | but this is the end of our session. | 我们的谈话到此结束了 |
[21:17] | We found Kai Huang Liu’s name | 我们在一架私人飞机的旅客名单上 |
[21:19] | on a private jet manifest. | 找到了刘凯黄的名字 |
[21:20] | Shit. Did it take off? | 我去 它起飞了吗 |
[21:22] | It did. | 是的 |
[21:23] | And yet a slight Russell Ziskey smile | 卡尔 那你怎么有一丝罗塞尔式的 |
[21:26] | dances around your face, Karl. | 微笑挂在脸上 |
[21:27] | Because I know whose jet it is. | 因为我知道那架飞机是谁的 |
[21:29] | And when you find out, you, too, | 等你知道时 你也会向我一样 |
[21:32] | will get your Ziskey on. | 带上同款微笑 |
[21:34] | Ready for it. | 快说吧 |
[21:36] | Kai Huang Liu is on one of Michael Prince’s jets. | 刘凯黄乘坐的是迈克尔·普林斯的飞机 |
[21:40] | Prince lent our perp his plane? | 普林斯把他的飞机借给了我们的罪犯 |
[21:41] | Accessory after the fact. | 事后从犯 |
[21:43] | – At least. – Where’s the plane now? | – 至少的 – 那架飞机在哪 |
[21:45] | Still in U.S. airspace, but we can assume | 还在美国领空 但是我们猜测 |
[21:46] | they’re headed to Taipei. | 他们正飞往中国台北 |
[21:47] | Don’t assume. Find out. | 别猜测 查清楚 |
[21:49] | I’ve got a guy at the FAA. | 我在联邦航空局有熟人 |
[21:51] | He can update us with nav reports every half hour. | 他可以每半小时给我们更新一次导航报告 |
[21:53] | Hm, not good enough. | 还不够 |
[21:55] | I have to know how far they can get without needing to refuel. | 我必须知道那架飞机不加燃料能飞多远 |
[21:59] | And background on the pilot. Maybe he’ll cooperate. | 还有飞行员的背景调查 也许他会配合 |
[22:03] | Prince is gonna deny any prior knowledge of wrongdoing. | 普林斯会否认事先知道任何犯罪行为 |
[22:05] | We’ll worry about that when we get the kid in custody. | 我们把那小子抓起来 再考虑这些 |
[22:07] | Prince has a federal fugitive on his plane. | 现在有一个联邦逃犯在普林斯的飞机上 |
[22:10] | We have him in violation of 181071. | 这违反了《美国法典》第18卷1071条 |
[22:12] | First, let’s indict Liu. | 首先 我们对刘提起诉讼 |
[22:14] | Warrant’s still in effect, but we can’t serve it | 搜查令仍然有效 但我们没有办法执行 |
[22:16] | when the perp is 30,000 feet up. | 因为罪犯位于三万英尺高空 |
[22:18] | Can we scramble fighter jets and bring them down? | 我们能排值班战斗机把他们打下来吗 |
[22:20] | Whoa, Chuck. | 查克 |
[22:22] | I know you mean force the plane to land. | 我知道你是指强迫飞机降落 |
[22:24] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[22:28] | Yes, for the record, I do. | 是的 郑重声明 我就是这个意思 |
[22:34] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[22:37] | Start by alerting the FAA | 从提醒联邦航空局开始吧 |
[22:39] | we have a warrant for Liu’s arrest. | 我们有针对刘的逮捕令 |
[22:40] | They’ll notify the pilot of a mandatory return | 他们会通知飞行员强制返回 |
[22:42] | to his point of departure. | 到出发的地方 |
[22:44] | I say wait until they land. | 我想还是等他们降落吧 |
[22:46] | Taiwan is highly cooperative in extraditing to the U.S. | 台湾地区在向美国引渡方面一直高度配合 |
[22:49] | They’ll send him back, we’ll hold him in jail, pending trial. | 他们会把他送回来 我们把他关监狱里候审 |
[22:52] | Put a lot of pressure on everyone. | 给所有人都施加许多压力 |
[22:54] | I don’t want to involve international authorities. | 我不想把国际机构给牵扯进来 |
[22:56] | Opens political avenues outside my control, | 这会打开许多我无法控制的政治渠道 |
[22:59] | gives Prince too much room to insulate himself. | 给了普林斯太多空间来摆脱不良影响 |
[23:02] | Are you sure, sir? | 你确定吗 长官 |
[23:03] | Once that plane leaves our airspace, | 一旦飞机离开我们的领空 |
[23:05] | it expands the menu of charges we can hit Prince with | 我们可以指控普林斯的罪名数量 |
[23:06] | – from a hot-dog cart to Denny’s. – No. | – 就会暴涨 – 不 |
[23:09] | Let’s not make this too elaborate. | 不要弄得太复杂 |
[23:10] | Simple story is best. | 简单的故事才是最好的 |
[23:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:13] | I guess I get that. | 我想我明白了 |
[23:15] | My self-defense teacher always says don’t go | 我的自卫课老师总是说 |
[23:16] | for the back-spinning heel kick | 当你有机会用膝盖直击他裆部 |
[23:18] | when you can just knee him in the sack. | 就别用后脚回旋后踢 |
[23:21] | Quite so. | 正是如此 |
[23:22] | You need to ground your plane, Mike. | 迈克 你得让你的飞机停飞 |
[23:24] | FAA just reached out. | 联邦航空局刚联系了我 |
[23:25] | Which one? And why? | 哪一架 为什么 |
[23:26] | The Bombardier. | 庞巴迪 |
[23:28] | who has the Bombardier in the air right now? | 那架庞巴迪现在是谁在用 |
[23:30] | Mr. Liu’s chief of staff called | 刘先生的幕僚长打来电话 |
[23:31] | and asked for a flight to Taiwan. | 要求飞一趟中国台湾 |
[23:33] | His plane had a mechanical issue. | 他的飞机出机械故障了 |
[23:34] | We offered the courtesy. | 出于礼节 我们提供了帮助 |
[23:36] | The courtesy? I mean, my friends and I ask | 出于礼节 我跟朋友直接借车 |
[23:38] | when we borrow each other’s cars. | 都会好好询问一番 |
[23:40] | Mr. Liu pays for the gas and crew when he uses it. | 刘先生支付了燃油费和机组费 |
[23:42] | We offer this to him and a few others like him. | 我们为他和其他一些贵客提供这类帮助 |
[23:45] | He does the same for us. | 他对我们也是如此 |
[23:46] | Well, that’s the what, Kate. The why? | 好吧 了解了 凯特 为什么要求停飞 |
[23:48] | An arrest warrant was issued for a passenger on board. | 机上一名乘客因触犯联邦法律 |
[23:50] | Some kind of a federal offense. | 被发出了逮捕令 |
[23:52] | Scooter, raise the pilot for me. | 斯科特 帮我连通飞行员 |
[23:57] | Yes, sir? | 有何指示 |
[23:59] | Who’s in the air with you now? How many? | 谁跟你在机上 有几个人 |
[24:01] | Just one passenger. Male. Liu. 22. | 只有一名乘客 男性 刘 二十二岁 |
[24:04] | No, Kai’s 50. | 不对 凯都五十了 |
[24:08] | It’s the son. | 是他儿子 |
[24:10] | His office said it was for dad. | 他办公室说是他本人使用 |
[24:11] | Of course they did. | 他们当然那么说 |
[24:13] | He must have used the fact that they have the same name | 肯定是利用了他们姓氏相同的事实 |
[24:14] | as a workaround on the manifest. | 在飞行舱单上做了变通 |
[24:18] | Fuel status? | 燃油情况 |
[24:19] | We’re at 1900 gallons. | 我们还有1900加仑 |
[24:21] | Nine more hours in the air. | 还能飞九个小时 |
[24:22] | Enough to get us to the Aleutians to refuel. | 足够飞到阿留申群岛加油了 |
[24:24] | No, not anymore. Kill the in-flight monitors first. | 别往那去了 先关掉飞行中监视器 |
[24:26] | Then I want you to fly a loop. | 然后你绕飞一圈 |
[24:28] | A big one he can hardly feel. | 让他感觉不到转向的那种 |
[24:29] | No, no, don’t instruct them to… | 不 不 别这么做 |
[24:31] | You can’t, Mike. | 你不能这样 迈克 |
[24:32] | Stay within US borders, continental, | 留在美国境内 洲界范围内 |
[24:33] | and keep a clear margin. | 跟边界保持明显距离 |
[24:35] | I want you to hold that pattern until I can figure out | 我要你保持这样飞行 直到我搞清楚 |
[24:37] | what the frick is really happening here. | 到底是什么情况 |
[24:38] | Don’t talk to anyone else. | 别和其他任何人说话 |
[24:40] | All orders will be direct. | 只听我的命令 |
[24:46] | This is Chuck coming after me. | 查克来搞我了 |
[24:49] | They seem to be keeping the plane in the air. | 他们貌似是保持飞机在空中飞行 |
[24:53] | Pull in our contact at the FAA, | 联系我们在航空局的人 |
[24:55] | get transcripts of all communication between the pilot | 调出飞行员和空中交通间的通讯记录 |
[24:58] | and air traffic, maybe we can learn something. | 也许我们能发现什么 |
[25:00] | By not immediately ordering his plane to land, | 因为没有立即命令飞机着陆 |
[25:03] | Prince just ticked off two of the three criteria | 普林斯满足了协助逃犯罪 |
[25:05] | for the federal crime of aiding a fugitive. | 三项标准中的两项 |
[25:09] | Defendant’s actions were intended to prevent | 被告的行为意在防止逃犯被发现 |
[25:10] | the fugitive’s discovery; and the defendant committed | 被告犯下了一项或多项 |
[25:12] | one or more physical acts… phone call counts… | 帮助逃犯避开逮捕的行为 |
[25:14] | to help the fugitive avoid arrest. | 电话联系也算 |
[25:18] | It’s close to enough to indict Prince already. | 这已经差不多足够起诉普林斯了 |
[25:20] | All right. Officially indict the kid. | 好 正式对那小子提起诉讼 |
[25:22] | Then, yeah, begin preparing charges against Prince. | 然后 开始准备起诉普林斯 |
[25:26] | And do it Cannonball Adderley style…with tempo. | 像阿德利式加农炮那样 带着节奏感 |
[25:30] | This is a diplomatic and P.R. disaster. | 这是一场外交和公关灾难 |
[25:32] | No, this is a prosecutor harassing a private citizen. | 不 这是检察官对普通公民的骚扰 |
[25:35] | I am all for fighting, but once the FAA, | 我完全赞成战斗 但一旦联邦航空局 |
[25:36] | operating on instructions from the Department of Justice, | 执行司法部的指示 |
[25:39] | orders a plane down, plane needs to come down. | 要求飞机降落 那飞机必须得降落 |
[25:41] | Then we can defend our position. | 然后我们可以为自己辩护 |
[25:43] | If the order is legitimate to begin with. | 如果命令是合法合理的话 |
[25:44] | Yes. But first, the order needs to be obeyed. | 是的 但首先 必须得服从命令 |
[25:48] | Aiding a fugitive. That’s what they’ll whack you with. | 协助逃犯 他们会用这个收拾你 |
[25:51] | I just lent out my plane. | 我只是借出了我的飞机 |
[25:53] | And it was borrowed under false pretenses. | 还是对方用虚假理由借的 |
[25:56] | If it doesn’t stick in court, | 如果法庭不认同 |
[25:57] | it will in the papers. Like pine tar. | 这会出现在新闻里 像松脂一样 |
[25:59] | Might stick in court, too. | 法庭也许会认同 |
[26:02] | Let’s get the plane to ground, | 让飞机降落吧 |
[26:04] | hand over the kid. Simple as it gets. | 把那小子交出来 一切变得多简单 |
[26:05] | Nothing’s ever that simple. | 哪有那么简单 |
[26:07] | Mike and Liu are not just “in business.” | 迈克和刘不仅仅是商业合作关系 |
[26:09] | They’ve made billions together, | 他们一起赚了几十亿美元 |
[26:10] | with agreements that will make billions more. | 他们签订的协议还会再帮他赚几十亿美元 |
[26:12] | Plus, we’re friends. Trading partners. | 其次 我们是朋友 贸易伙伴 |
[26:15] | And if I hose my trading partner in the way you’re suggesting, | 如果我按你建议的那样出卖我的贸易伙伴 |
[26:17] | no one will ever want to do business with me again. | 没有人会再想和我一起做生意 |
[26:19] | Also, it won’t look good to the business types | 再者 我们正在争取商业圈的选票 |
[26:21] | whose votes we’re courting. | 这样可不太好 |
[26:23] | Well, this is a big, hairy | 好吧 这是一个 |
[26:24] | ball-aching problem. | 让人蛋疼的问题 |
[26:26] | Is that an official political term? | 这是什么官方政治用语吗 |
[26:28] | Paints a more vivid picture than “international incident.” | 比用国际事件这词更有一个生动的画面感吧 |
[26:33] | I’m in the process of taking over the national stage, | 我即将接管全国舞台 |
[26:36] | and while I didn’t get here by folding to the first flunky | 而我走到这一步 靠的可不是 |
[26:38] | that gave me an order, | 委曲求全 |
[26:40] | I suppose I can try to work within the parameters. | 我想我可以试着在规定范围内运作一下 |
[26:42] | Kate, can you get somewhere with Chuck directly? | 凯特 你有办法可以直接和查克联系吗 |
[26:44] | Go to him as though we’re complying, | 去找他 假装我们要妥协 |
[26:46] | see if there’s any way we can get the focus off of us. | 看看有没有什么办法把注意力从我们身上移开 |
[26:48] | Eh, worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[26:50] | I’ll at least get our point of view on the record with him. | 至少可以把我们的立场传达给他 |
[26:56] | Still no official category designation as of now | 截止目前 官方仍未对飓风做出评级 |
[26:58] | but at this point, all signs are pointing | 不过 所有迹象都指明 |
[27:00] | to a Category Five. | 此次为五级飓风 |
[27:02] | So, we’re all just gonna sit here and watch | 我们现在就都坐在这 |
[27:03] | our comp plummet by a third? | 看着我们的收入暴跌三分之一吗 |
[27:05] | Yeah, if it’s rated Cat Five, it’s gonna be worse than that. | 是啊 如果评级为五级飓风 就更惨了 |
[27:07] | Southern Property & Casualty’s about to make us her bitch. | 南方财产与意外伤害保险公司不得搞死我们啊 |
[27:10] | Last Cat Five was years ago. | 上次五级飓风是几年前的事了 |
[27:12] | They may not wanna scare the public. | 也许他们不想造成大众恐慌 |
[27:14] | They don’t get to decide. | 他们没法决策 |
[27:16] | They just report what it is. | 只能据实报道 |
[27:18] | Winds were up to 172 miles per hour. | 风速一度达到每小时277公里 |
[27:20] | Rating’s empirical. As you just said, | 如你所说 评级基于实证 |
[27:23] | this quarter’s screwed. | 这个季度亏定了 |
[27:25] | Maybe the whole year. | 甚至会波及全年 |
[27:28] | Breaking news from the National Weather Service. | 来自国家气象局的新闻 |
[27:30] | Shh! Shh! Everyone! | 闭嘴 都闭嘴 |
[27:32] | Despite recent readings and reports, | 有别于近期数据及报告 |
[27:33] | due to the Milch-Bouchard Effect, | 因为罕见的米尔希·布沙尔现象 |
[27:35] | a rare phenomenon that causes | 导致风速数据 |
[27:37] | inaccurate wind strength readings, | 出现误差 |
[27:39] | Rosie is officially designated a Category Four hurricane, | 罗茜正式被评为四级飓风 |
[27:42] | not a Category Five as projected. | 而不是预估的五级 |
[27:46] | And once storms hit land, they weaken. | 一旦登陆 飓风会自然减弱 |
[27:47] | This thing is staying at 4. | 它将维持在四级 |
[27:49] | Madonn’, that was close. | 圣母保佑 差点完犊子 |
[27:53] | I almost had a panic attack. | 我几乎要恐慌发作 |
[27:55] | I thought I heard wheezing. | 我以为自己喘不过气来 |
[27:56] | Pay up, DB! | 赔钱 多拉尔·比尔 |
[27:58] | That’s ten Gs from you to me. | 你欠我一万 |
[28:00] | You don’t have Zelle on push notifications? | 你的Zelle没开推送通知吗 |
[28:04] | Check your account. It’s already there. | 查查账 钱早转给你了 |
[28:06] | Nice. Thanks, Bill. | 好嘞 谢谢 比尔 |
[28:08] | Don’t… Don’t thank me. | 别… 别谢我 |
[28:10] | You won a bet. | 你赢了 |
[28:13] | Only time I’ve ever been happy to lose one. | 这是我唯一宁愿败北的赌局 |
[28:14] | You got off cheap. We all did. | 你算走运了 我们都算 |
[28:17] | Don’t wanna think about if the Cat score went the other way. | 评级提升的后果可不堪设想 |
[28:20] | Prayers up to Thor, Zeus, | 赞颂索尔 宙斯 |
[28:22] | and of course, Oh Mighty Isis: | 还有 伟大的伊西斯 |
[28:24] | Thank you for getting Southern Property & Casualty | 感谢你们让南方财产及意外伤害保险公司 |
[28:28] | off the hook. | 死里逃生 |
[28:29] | Is that who you’re chalking it up to? | 你都归功给祂们吗 |
[28:33] | Huh. Fascinating. | 哼 有点意思 |
[28:45] | You knew. | 你知道 |
[28:48] | I know many things. | 我知道的事多了去 |
[28:50] | The delicate smell of a Manzanilla sherry | 例如曼萨尼亚雪利桶威士忌 |
[28:51] | cask whiskey. | 散发的微妙香气 |
[28:53] | What a point-six waist to hip ratio | 又例如某位黄金腰臀比佳人 |
[28:55] | looks like from fifteen yards away. | 在十三米开外的倩影 |
[28:58] | The exact years Susan Anton was partial to mustaches. | 再例如苏姗·安东开始偏好胡须男的准确年份 |
[29:01] | “Ass end of it,” you said. | 你说”绝逼赢不了” |
[29:03] | And our catastrophe bonds are now suddenly safe. | 我们的灾害债券突然间平安无事 |
[29:05] | Like that warden in Shawshank said, | 像肖申克的救赎里典狱长的话 |
[29:08] | “It’s a miracle. Praise the Lord.” | “奇迹显现 赞美吾主” |
[29:10] | Only he said it sarcastically | 只不过他是在嘲讽 |
[29:11] | because he knew it was no miracle | 因为他晓得根本没有奇迹 |
[29:13] | the prisoner had disappeared from his cell. | 令囚犯从囚室消失 |
[29:14] | That it was a secret, calculated effort. | 那是个阴谋 |
[29:16] | Andy Dufresne’s escape was a meticulously planned, | 安迪·杜佛兰的逃狱是一场精心策划 |
[29:20] | very-difficult-to-work-out, very smart operation. | 难如登天 神机妙算的行动 |
[29:26] | How did you know? | 你何以得知 |
[29:28] | I saw the issue coming, | 我有先见之明 |
[29:30] | so I took steps as I saw fit | 因此我为了集团利益 |
[29:33] | for the benefit of the enterprise. | 使手段 |
[29:35] | What steps could possibly change | 有什么通天手段能改变 |
[29:36] | the climatological reality | 一个进行中飓风的 |
[29:37] | of an in-process hurricane? | 气候学现实呢 |
[29:42] | It’s all in your core. | 这全靠你的核心肌群 |
[29:43] | – All right, just keep… – All right, bye. | – 好了 保持… – 好了 再见 |
[29:45] | Hey, babe! | 嗨 宝贝 |
[29:47] | You never visit me at the gym. | 你从没来过健身室找我 |
[29:49] | Never even go to the gym. | 甚至从没来过健身室 |
[29:50] | I missed you so much I had to come to this | 我想你想到要勉为其难 |
[29:52] | godforsaken land of musk and grotesque effort | 来这臊气爆棚的神弃之地 |
[29:55] | to see you. | 见你 |
[29:58] | Whoa, that’s Roker! | 瞧 那是罗克 |
[30:00] | Yeah, that was great, man. | 对 做得不错 伙计 |
[30:01] | – Mr. Roker. – Yeah. | – 罗克先生 – 是的 |
[30:03] | I had forgotten you shared this hour with Chelz. | 我忘了你的健身时段跟切尔西重叠 |
[30:05] | – It’s good to see you. – Good to see you, Wagster. | – 很高兴见到你 – 很高兴见到你 瓦斯特 |
[30:07] | You want to work in? | 你想加入健身行列吗 |
[30:08] | No, I never sweat before bedtime. | 不 我从不在下床后出汗 |
[30:10] | Look, Al, I need you | 阿尔 请你给我 |
[30:11] | to enlighten me on all things hurricane. | 介绍所有飓风事宜 |
[30:14] | Okay, hit me. | 行 问吧 |
[30:15] | How exactly do they get rated? | 飓风是怎么评级的 |
[30:18] | Wags, this is a multi-agency process. | 瓦斯 这过程需要多方机构合作 |
[30:21] | You’ve got the National Weather Service, | 首先是国家气象局 |
[30:22] | you’ve got the National Oceanic | 接着是国家海洋 |
[30:24] | and Atmospheric Administration, you’ve even got the Air Force! | 大气管理局 还要捎带上空军 |
[30:27] | They fly these special planes called Hurricane Hunters, | 他们驾驶叫”飓风猎人”的特殊飞机 |
[30:30] | right into the storm. | 进入飓风眼 |
[30:31] | They take real-time data, | 收录实时数据 |
[30:33] | relay it back to the National Hurricane Center. | 然后传送回国家飓风中心 |
[30:35] | It’s there, they crunch the numbers | 在那里 他们输入数据后 |
[30:37] | and come up with a hurricane’s category. | 评估出飓风的等级 |
[30:39] | So, it’s a person who makes the actual call. | 所以最终负责拍板的是人 |
[30:41] | Exactly. | 正确 |
[30:44] | Fantastic. | 好极了 |
[30:46] | See? | 瞧 |
[30:48] | While science may be empirical, | 也许科学基于实证 |
[30:50] | bureaucracy is not. | 官僚却不然 |
[30:52] | And anywhere human error is in effect, | 任何可能存在人为错误的缝隙 |
[30:55] | well, that’s where I get busy. | 便是我施展拳脚之处 |
[30:57] | You paid off the hurricane grader. | 你贿赂了飓风评估员 |
[30:59] | She’s a woman of science, | 她是位科学女杰 |
[31:00] | who happens to be set up with | 恰好在明年退休之前 |
[31:02] | quite a charitable research grant | 获得一笔可观的 |
[31:03] | when she retires next year. | 慈善研究补助金 |
[31:04] | Get him now! | 叫他现在滚进来 |
[31:10] | Now! | 马上 |
[31:14] | He wants to see you. | 他想见你 |
[31:16] | Now, I’m guessing? | 现在 对吗 |
[31:20] | If I asked you to guess at what my priorities are, | 如果让你数出我目前的优先事项 |
[31:22] | how would you enumerate them? | 你会按何顺序列举它们 |
[31:23] | Your daughters first. Then… | 你女儿排在首位 然后是… |
[31:25] | Don’t muck around. Besides family. | 少来了 家人除外 |
[31:26] | You want me to say the presidency. | 你想要我说竞选总统 |
[31:28] | I’m already fighting my butt off | 我已为了从某个该死的 |
[31:30] | so some BS aviation scandal doesn’t knock me out. | 航空丑闻中脱嫌搞得焦头烂额 |
[31:33] | I never thought the bigger threat would come from… | 不曾想还有更大的… |
[31:34] | Inside the house. Sure. Not what’s happening. | 内患 当然 这并非事实 |
[31:36] | Do you think before you act? | 你做事不先动动脑子吗 |
[31:38] | Are you capable of that? | 还是你脑子进水了呢 |
[31:40] | Depends what’s in my system. But usually, yes. | 得看我当时喝了什么 但通常我会动脑子 |
[31:41] | Wrong answer. Impulsivity would at least be an excuse. | 答错 起码拿冲动当借口 |
[31:45] | Okay. Let’s go with that, then. | 行 就那么办 |
[31:46] | But let’s stipulate that my mélange of foresight | 但事先声明我兼具远见和冲动 |
[31:49] | and impulsivity is precisely why | 因此我简直是为这份工作 |
[31:51] | I am bespoke for my role here. | 量身定制的 |
[31:54] | I think fast, act faster. | 我眼疾手快 |
[31:56] | You don’t get a special pass for being who you are. | 你别想拿本事当免死金牌 |
[31:58] | This isn’t like extra time on your ACT | 这不是ACT测验可以加时考试 |
[32:00] | I took the SAT like a real man. | 我可是个直面SAT测验的真汉子 |
[32:02] | I didn’t need to make excuses for myself then, | 我以前不用给自己找借口 |
[32:04] | and I won’t now. | 现在也不用 |
[32:05] | Wags, change gears. | 瓦格斯 换个思维 |
[32:07] | They feel there’s reason to fire you for cause. | 他们要以行为不当为由解雇你 |
[32:09] | He’s going to fire me for single-handedly | 他要解雇我因为我单枪匹马地 |
[32:10] | saving him from losing | 帮他省下了相当于 |
[32:12] | the gross domestic product of Bhutan? | 不丹全年国内生产总值的资金吗 |
[32:14] | No, because you only had enough theory of mind | 不 是你目光短浅 |
[32:16] | to consider one small facet of the issue. | 导致因小失大 |
[32:19] | It doesn’t take a Kasparov to see the problem you caused. | 就算没卡斯帕罗夫的慧眼也看得出你制造的麻烦 |
[32:22] | Thousands of people’s homes just got blown away. | 成千上万的人家园被吹毁 |
[32:24] | Southern Casualty is up to its neck in claims, | 南方意外伤害保险淹没在漫天的理赔单子 |
[32:26] | and Mike’s bonds are pristine. | 而迈克的债券却毫发无损 |
[32:28] | The press will paint him as a Wall Street scammer | 媒体会把他描绘成一名华尔街骗子 |
[32:29] | who protected his money at the expense of citizens in need. | 为了保全自身利益置民众于水火 |
[32:33] | If anyone finds out what you’ve done, my run is G.D. over! | 万一你的行径被发现 我的竞选就完蛋了 |
[32:36] | But if those bonds were triggered, | 一旦那些债券被触发 |
[32:37] | it would have reduced the floor and fund | 我们公司及基金会 |
[32:40] | to stringy, bloody carnage. | 会赔得片甲不留 |
[32:41] | We were facing an Act of God. I responded in kind! | 咱们面对的是天灾 我不过是因事制宜 |
[32:44] | You think you’re a god, | 你把自己当老天爷 |
[32:46] | but you caused a domestic crisis | 可在潜藏的文化危机 |
[32:47] | on top of our international crisis | 以及目前的国际危机之上 |
[32:49] | and upcoming cultural crisis. | 你还整出个国内危机 |
[32:51] | You’re a fucking liability. | 你就是个天杀的祸根 |
[32:53] | Thus spoke the politician. | 听听这政客发言 |
[32:55] | But I’m a businessman! | 我只是商人 |
[32:56] | Money is politics. Especially mine. | 金钱即政治 尤其是我的 |
[32:58] | You work for both now. | 你现在是横跨政商 |
[33:00] | Then I should have been told what the shot was. | 那应该有人告诉我哪个更重要 |
[33:01] | You shouldn’t have to be told. | 你自己应该明白 |
[33:06] | What’s bad for the campaign is bad for MPC. | 竞选和MPC是一损俱损 |
[33:08] | And me. Hurting one hurts all. | 连我也会牵一发而动全身 |
[33:11] | Okay. | 懂了 |
[33:14] | it’s true that now, by the light of day, | 的确当着光天化日 |
[33:17] | I get that there might have been a corner or two | 我也许看走眼忽略了 |
[33:19] | I didn’t see completely around. | 个别潜藏风险 |
[33:23] | Good. I think we can all agree | 很好 我想大家都愿意 |
[33:25] | that accepting blame for this and growing from it is change. | 承认错误 改过自新 |
[33:28] | That’s good for everyone. | 那样做对彼此都好 |
[33:35] | Yes. No doubt. | 对 没毛病 |
[33:39] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[33:42] | I know you know I was trying to help. | 我想你知道我只是想帮忙 |
[33:46] | I suppose I actually do. | 我其实是知道 |
[33:48] | We all do. | 我们都知道 |
[33:51] | Good. And now I will get back to it. | 好 我现在就去补救 |
[34:20] | You know, I was just wondering why you had them call me | 知道吗 我寻思你为何差人找我让飞机着陆 |
[34:22] | to ground the plane instead of having | 也不叫联邦航空管理局 |
[34:23] | the FAA call the pilot direct. | 直接下令给飞行员 |
[34:25] | Well, I was doing you the courtesy, | 那是我在把事情曝光之前 |
[34:27] | before making an incident out of it. | 给你面子 |
[34:28] | No, you knew you could embarrass Prince | 不 你知道逼普林斯把飞机调头 |
[34:30] | just by having his plane turn around. | 会使他难堪 |
[34:32] | But instead, you took the bigger shot, | 反之 你选择奋力一搏 |
[34:33] | hoping that he’d defy your order… | 赌他会违抗你的命令 |
[34:35] | that Prince himself would. But… | 普林斯私下会那么做 不过 |
[34:36] | ‘Course, Prince would never defy an order like that. | 当然 普林斯从不违抗此等命令 |
[34:39] | Yet the plane still flies. | 但飞机仍在空中 |
[34:41] | Just a holding pattern. | 只在盘旋等待 |
[34:43] | There’s a hurricane ripping through the Eastern Seaboard, | 有个飓风在横扫东海岸 |
[34:45] | in case you hadn’t noticed. Flight paths are a mess, | 你可能没注意到 航线大乱 |
[34:48] | which is why he merely instructed the pilot | 他仅仅向机长下令 |
[34:49] | to stay in the air until it was safe… | 在空中待命 直到有条件 |
[34:51] | to return. | 安全着陆 |
[34:55] | Follow me, Ms. Sacker. | 随我来 塞克女士 |
[34:59] | Come on. | 来呀 |
[35:07] | Ira, where are we with the charges? | 艾拉 起诉材料准备得如何 |
[35:09] | Full steam ahead. | 全速前进 |
[35:10] | Preconditions for the crimes have been met. | 已构成犯罪立案的先决条件 |
[35:12] | No, you didn’t walk me in here for this. | 不 你不是让我来看这个 |
[35:13] | You walked me in here to see that. | 你是让我来看那些 |
[35:14] | MPC 10-K | 年度综合报告 |
[35:17] | I could say I’d forgotten it was up. | 我可以说忘了这屋有线索导图 |
[35:20] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[35:21] | You used to run a tight enough office | 你以前对办公室严防死守 |
[35:23] | that your murder boards were covered when visitors | 只要有访客进入大楼内任何一处 |
[35:24] | were anywhere in the building. | 你都会把线索导图盖住 |
[35:26] | I run a transparent shop now. | 如今我行事公开透明 |
[35:27] | – So, no need. – Hm. | – 所以没必要 – 嗯 |
[35:30] | Did you want me to walk you through | 你想让我给你解释 |
[35:31] | why every one of these leads on Mike Prince | 为何这上面每条有关迈克·普林斯的线索 |
[35:33] | – is a dead end, or…? – Nah, save us both the time. | – 都是死胡同 或者… – 不 给我们都省点时间 |
[35:35] | What you need to know is this: | 你需要知道 |
[35:37] | we’re not merely watching and waiting to pounce. | 我们不是等到机会才出手 |
[35:39] | We’re gonna tell you what we’re gonna do, | 我们会先告诉你计划 |
[35:41] | and then we’re gonna do it. | 然后我们会执行 |
[35:42] | No stealth needed, especially in this case, | 没必要暗中进行 尤其是本案 |
[35:45] | because Kai Huang Liu is a fugitive. | 因为刘凯黄是逃犯 |
[35:47] | And he’s on your guy’s plane instead of in my custody | 他没有被我方监禁 却在你们的飞机上 |
[35:50] | because he’s a billionaire’s buddy. | 就因为他是亿万富翁的儿子 |
[35:51] | Hm. You can’t arrest people for having family friends. | 你不能以有家族世交为借口抓人 |
[35:54] | If you could, your father’s connections would’ve had you | 假设你可以 你父亲的关系网就会让你入狱 |
[35:56] | locked up before your career even started. | 根本不给你机会做这份工作 |
[35:59] | Enjoying the privilege of our fathers is something you, | 你我以及这个刘家继承人 |
[36:01] | I, and Liu the younger all share. | 都享受父亲带来的特权 |
[36:04] | What sets us apart from him | 我们跟他的差别在于 |
[36:06] | is we haven’t committed crimes under the assumption | 尽管我们父亲的权贵朋友 |
[36:09] | that our father’s wealthy cronies | 能帮我们逃脱法律制裁 |
[36:10] | are gonna help us get away with it. | 我们也没有犯罪 |
[36:14] | No jury’s gonna be sympathetic to a rich kid | 富二代用非同质化代币诈骗 |
[36:16] | pulling an NFT scam, not these days. | 现如今陪审团绝不会同情他 |
[36:19] | Neither will they be sympathetic to Prince | 也不会同情普林斯 |
[36:21] | colluding to help that progeny avoid justice. | 帮助富二代逃避法律制裁 |
[36:24] | Except no jury’s ever gonna hear this case | 只不过这个案子不会出现在陪审团前 |
[36:27] | because you can’t prove that my client had prior knowledge | 因为你无法证明 我的委托人事先知道刘先生违法 |
[36:30] | of Mr. Liu’s wrongdoing, because he had none. | 因为他根本毫不知情 |
[36:32] | Let alone prove that Prince knew of your perp’s intent to flee, | 更别想证明 普林斯知道你的犯人意图逃脱 |
[36:35] | because he didn’t. | 因为他不知道 |
[36:37] | You spin faster than a Barry Zito curveball, | 你的思维比巴里·齐托的曲线球还快 |
[36:40] | but that won’t matter once we get Liu back. | 但等我们抓到刘 这些也就不重要了 |
[36:43] | I don’t need to. I have unassailable evidence: | 我不用思考辩解 我手里的证据无懈可击 |
[36:45] | A decade of my client and Liu Senior | 我的委托人与刘先生 |
[36:47] | borrowing each other’s planes as needed | 十年来借用彼此的飞机出行 |
[36:49] | without direct prior contact, | 都不曾事先联络本人 |
[36:51] | and Prince’s complete phone and email records | 而且普林斯四十八小时内的 |
[36:53] | from the last 48 hours | 通话和邮件记录 |
[36:55] | proving he had no knowledge of the incident before it occurred, | 证明了事情发生前他完全蒙在鼓里 |
[36:57] | all of which we will provide voluntarily. | 我们自愿提供以上证据 |
[36:59] | No subpoena necessary. | 无需传唤 |
[37:02] | So, what are you offering? | 你有什么提议 |
[37:04] | Nothing. Prince will either land that jet now, | 没有提议 普林斯现在就让飞机降落 |
[37:07] | or he will go down | 不然他的下场 |
[37:09] | like the Rosenbergs in the press. | 会像新闻报道的罗森堡夫妇一样 |
[37:12] | Or as Aldrich Ames, for anybody | 或是奥尔德里奇·艾姆斯 |
[37:13] | who can’t remember the Rosenbergs. | 以防有人遗忘了罗森堡夫妇 |
[37:16] | And for those who can’t remember Aldrich Ames? | 那要是有人不记得奥尔德里奇·艾姆斯呢 |
[37:18] | As a fucking traitor. | 那就说是该死的叛徒 |
[37:19] | Oh, you’re right, you are transparent now. | 你说得对 你现在做事公开透明 |
[37:21] | Go run back and tell him. | 跑回去告诉他 |
[37:23] | Let me know what he says. | 再把他的打算告诉我 |
[37:24] | Unless he has the gristle to face me himself. | 除非他有胆量亲自来见我 |
[37:46] | Lot of good feeling down there about the hurricane situation, | 下面不少人觉得飓风出现是好事 |
[37:48] | though I imagine it played differently up here. | 但我想楼上的态度会不一样 |
[37:52] | Of course you do. | 这才像你 |
[37:53] | I remember your mother telling me that you taught | 我记得你母亲告诉我 |
[37:56] | the members of your chess club how to play poker | 你之前教你们象棋俱乐部的人打牌 |
[37:59] | in, what, sixth grade? | 是在六年级吗 |
[38:00] | So that by the time they were in high school | 这样等他们上高中了 |
[38:02] | and had some spending money, | 有了零花钱 |
[38:03] | they’d be ready to lose it to you. | 就好让他们输钱给你 |
[38:05] | Sometimes you see the way a game should be played. | 有时你能看清游戏该怎么玩 |
[38:08] | And the B-side to that is by the time I was in 11th grade, | 这件事不为人知的一面 是我上高三后 |
[38:10] | I’d decided to save the money I’d won | 我决定把赢的钱存起来 |
[38:12] | and throw them all a party… all of us… | 在高三毕业时 给他们 |
[38:13] | at the end of senior year | 给我们大家办一场派对 |
[38:15] | because I felt bad about taking the money. | 因为拿着那些钱让我内疚 |
[38:17] | Because you wanted them to know that you could have kept it | 因为你想让他们知道 那笔钱你本可以自己留着 |
[38:19] | but chose to give it back in high style. | 但你高尚地选择了把它还回去 |
[38:22] | No surprise you understand both sides of the insurance problem. | 毫无疑问 你明白保险问题的两面性 |
[38:25] | But I came up here for a different reason. | 但我上来是出于别的原因 |
[38:28] | To tell you that you are doing something | 我是来告诉你 你做的事 |
[38:30] | that I did not see coming. | 让我出乎意料 |
[38:33] | Conducting, man! | 指挥乐团啊 |
[38:35] | I’m so psyched about it. I told Mom. | 我特激动 我跟妈妈讲了 |
[38:38] | She told the rest of the fam. They’re all gonna come. | 她告诉了家里其他人 他们都会来这里 |
[38:40] | I’m flying ’em in. | 我让他们坐飞机来 |
[38:42] | I’ll defray the cost of that. | 费用我来出 |
[38:44] | No way. I want to do it. | 不行 这事我来搞定 |
[38:47] | Since Prince already gave you the baton, | 既然普林斯已经送了你指挥棒 |
[38:48] | let me make this gift to you. | 就把这当成我送你的礼物 |
[38:49] | Man, that baton. | 指挥棒 |
[38:53] | Such a moving gesture. | 他太贴心了 |
[39:06] | But also… and I can only admit this to family… | 不过老实说 这话我只跟家里人讲 |
[39:11] | my throat went dry when I saw it. | 刚看见它我嗓子都干了 |
[39:13] | – My palms were slick. – That’s good. | – 掌心里都是汗 – 挺好的 |
[39:15] | When was the last time you were nervous? | 你上次紧张是什么时候 |
[39:19] | Been a long time since something mattered this much to me. | 我很久没有这么在意的东西了 |
[39:22] | And to me alone. | 何况我是主角 |
[39:24] | I figured. And I’m happy about it for you. | 我猜到了 我为你感到高兴 |
[39:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:29] | I am, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[39:44] | You see this shit? | 看见没 |
[39:48] | If you don’t know this is a disaster, you need lessons. | 如果你没意识到这是场灾难 你就需要学习了 |
[39:50] | Everything with you people is a disaster. | 只要扯上你们一群人那都是灾难 |
[39:53] | Or a make-or-break moment. | 或是成败的决定性时刻 |
[39:55] | Just lumping me in with every other politico like that, huh? | 你把我跟其他政客归为一类了是吗 |
[40:00] | What distinguishes you? | 你跟他们有什么不同吗 |
[40:01] | There’s a question you should have asked before | 要断定我是什么样的人 |
[40:04] | just deciding where to classify me. | 首先你应该问个问题 |
[40:05] | I would think before you therapize someone, | 我想你给人做心理治疗前 |
[40:07] | you do an intake, right? | 都有首次会晤对吧 |
[40:09] | Well, that’s also what human beings do when we meet someone, | 我们刚认识别人时也会这么做 |
[40:11] | so we see them beyond just their profession. | 这样我们能更了解对方 而不仅是他们的职业 |
[40:15] | Do your job. | 你好好工作 |
[40:17] | see Prince through the Taiwan thing and the hurricane mess. | 帮普林斯渡过台湾仔事件和飓风困境 |
[40:19] | Then, if you’re still here, | 那时 如果你还在这 |
[40:23] | maybe I’ll take the time. | 也许我会花时间去了解 |
[40:39] | I… I don’t want to sit in that chair | 我不想坐到那个椅子上 |
[40:40] | only to have to leave again | 却像上次那样 |
[40:41] | before we get anything done. | 什么也没做就不得已要走 |
[40:43] | I came because you texted. | 我来是因为你发了短信 |
[40:44] | Out of respect. | 出于尊重 |
[40:46] | And maybe to formally say goodbye. | 可能也是来正式道别 |
[40:51] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[40:54] | You know, if you asked me to tell you | 如果你要我说出 |
[40:57] | the most challenging work of my career, | 我职业生涯中最有挑战的一次工作 |
[40:59] | it might have been when I was treating an Army chaplain. | 可能就是治疗一名军队牧师 |
[41:03] | This man counseled officers | 他为军官做咨询 |
[41:05] | who sent men to die in battle. | 他们派手下去战斗 有去无回 |
[41:08] | His work centered around removing their guilt. | 他的工作主要是消除军官的内疚 |
[41:11] | And as a result, he took it all on himself. | 最后这些内疚都被他自己吸收了 |
[41:16] | And he had found that his prayers and devotion | 他发现无论是祷告还是做礼拜 |
[41:21] | were no longer alleviating it. | 都不能再缓解这份压力 |
[41:23] | You were able to release him from that burden? | 但你帮他从那样的负担中解脱了 |
[41:27] | After five sessions with me, | 他来我这做了五次咨询 |
[41:31] | he quit the Army and the Church. | 然后就辞去了军队和教堂的工作 |
[41:33] | He became a woodworker. | 当了木匠 |
[41:35] | Because he and I agreed that in his case, | 因为他和我都认可 他做的工作 |
[41:39] | he wasn’t really needed. | 不是真的非他不可 |
[41:41] | There were people who could fill that role | 能顶替他的大有人在 |
[41:44] | more effectively than he at that time. | 会比那时候的他做得更好 |
[41:48] | True believers who didn’t harbor doubts. | 那些虔诚的信徒不会心存疑虑 |
[41:53] | So, you think someone else can stop what I’m trying to stop? | 所以你认为我试图阻止的事 别人也能阻止吗 |
[41:56] | No. | 不是 |
[41:59] | But I do think there are plenty of good, | 但我认为有很多优秀的 |
[42:01] | well-trained psychiatrists | 训练有素的精神科医生 |
[42:03] | who can help your colleagues in the way I was helping them. | 他们能帮助你的同事 就像我做到的那样 |
[42:07] | So, I have referred them out. | 所以我把他们转介给其他医生了 |
[42:09] | Each and every one. | 一个不落 |
[42:14] | And now… | 现在 |
[42:15] | there is no conflict in doing | 没有任何冲突能阻碍我 |
[42:17] | this vitally important work with you. | 为你做这份至关重要的工作 |
[42:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:28] | I understand the enormity of that decision. | 我明白你做了艰难的决定 |
[42:35] | They’re going to lose a lot seeing someone | 找别人面谈而不是找你 |
[42:36] | other than you. | 他们损失很大 |
[42:39] | Won’t they lose more if I don’t help you succeed? | 如果我不能帮你完成目标 他们会失去更多不是吗 |
[42:48] | It’s clear that you are a rational being | 显然你是非常理智的人 |
[42:51] | and that what you have determined about Prince | 你对普林斯的判断 |
[42:54] | is quite likely the truth. | 很有可能是对的 |
[42:58] | So, I will help you find a path | 因此我会帮你摆脱心结 |
[43:02] | to doing what you must. | 去完成你该做的事 |
[43:14] | And yet, all day, I have felt culpable… | 可是这一整天 我都很自责 |
[43:20] | out of sorts. | 精神不佳 |
[43:21] | Anxious, even. | 甚至紧张 |
[43:23] | Oh. That’s normal in the circumstances. | 这很正常 在这种情况下 |
[43:26] | Not for me. I don’t get anxious. | 我不应该 我不会紧张 |
[43:29] | When I played college soccer, | 参加大学生足球赛时 |
[43:31] | I was first up for penalty kicks in OT. | 加时赛我第一个上场踢点球 |
[43:33] | Because you were willing to risk failure to help the team. | 因为为了帮助团队 你愿意承担失败 |
[43:37] | You were bonded with your team. | 你跟队员们感情深厚 |
[43:40] | Here, your team is going to get hurt, | 现在为了更大层面上的利益 |
[43:44] | financially and in other ways, | 你会伤害你的团队 |
[43:47] | as you try to serve the broader interest. | 不管是经济还是其它方面 |
[43:51] | That’s true, yes. | 是 你说得对 |
[43:57] | But beyond the team, there’s one person in particular | 但除了这个团队 还有个特别的人 |
[44:00] | who’s gonna be collateral damage. | 他会受到附带伤害 |
[44:02] | He was never a patient of yours. | 他不是你的病人 |
[44:04] | He’s the guy Prince brought in to run the campaign. | 他是普林斯带来组织竞选的 |
[44:07] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[44:10] | He’s smart and… | 他很聪明 |
[44:13] | committed and engaged and… | 工作投入 很专注 |
[44:15] | on the kind of upward trajectory few people ever have. | 如果我不插手 他的发展轨迹会继续迅速上升 |
[44:18] | If it weren’t for me. | 远超绝大部分人 |
[44:23] | Your face gets a little flushed as you talk about him. | 谈到他你有点脸红了 |
[44:28] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[44:35] | you’re going to have to make many choices along the way, | 这条路上你必须要做出许多抉择 |
[44:38] | many sacrifices, | 许多牺牲 |
[44:40] | if you are going to carry out your stated mission. | 既然你要完成你所说的使命 |
[44:46] | In this room, the mission will be to keep you aligned, | 这个房间里的使命就是让你坚守目标 |
[44:50] | to allow you to remind yourself why you are doing it. | 提醒自己为什么要这么做 |
[44:55] | And to give you the chance to say a private prayer | 并给你机会以私人祈祷的形式 |
[44:59] | of repentance for each and every one | 向向你喜爱却不得不伤害的 |
[45:04] | of the people you love who you are going to hurt. | 每个人做出忏悔 |
[45:08] | But that’s all of them. | 但那是他们所有人 |
[45:11] | As I see it now, if I succeed in taking Prince out, | 在我看来 如果我成功除掉普林斯 |
[45:13] | I’m gonna have to rough up each and every person | 我将不得不在这个过程的某个时刻 |
[45:15] | who works there at some point along the way. | 粗暴对待在那里工作的每一个人 |
[45:18] | Then let’s start naming them now. | 现在就开始说出他们的名字 |
[45:22] | Feeling the pain, it will cause you | 感受内心的痛苦 它会给你勇气 |
[45:26] | to cause them pain. | 给他们带来痛苦 |
[45:29] | And then, you will release it. | 之后你就能将痛苦释放 |
[45:32] | Breathe it out. | 把它倾吐出来 |
[45:34] | And move on. | 再继续前进 |
[45:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[45:38] | Let’s do that. | 就这么做吧 |
[45:42] | How about we start with the gentleman | 不如我们就从那位 |
[45:44] | who is bringing color to your cheeks? | 让你脸红的先生开始 |
[45:46] | His name is Bradford Luke. | 他叫布拉德福德·卢克 |
[45:59] | Interfering with public use. | 妨碍公共资源 |
[46:01] | Should I add that to the list? | 要我把这条罪名加上吗 |
[46:03] | – You want people to hear this? – I’m an open book. | – 你想让别人听到吗 – 我没什么好隐藏的 |
[46:05] | Unlike you. | 不像你 |
[46:08] | What do you need to leave me out of this, man? | 你要怎样才能让我摆脱这件事 |
[46:10] | The kid in cuffs on American soil, | 在美国领土抓到那个孩子 |
[46:12] | like I told Sacker and she told you. | 我跟塞克说过 她也告诉你了 |
[46:14] | Do you want that? You sort of do, sure. | 你想要那样吗 你肯定有一点想 |
[46:17] | A guy like you will always take another feather in his cap. | 你这样的人总希望再多一份成就 |
[46:19] | But do you really even give a darn? | 但你真的在乎吗 |
[46:21] | You think I wear this pin cynically? | 你觉得我戴上这枚胸针是为了彰显个性吗 |
[46:23] | I know why you wear that pin. | 我知道你为什么戴上它 |
[46:25] | Optics. Pandering. | 迎合讨好罢了 |
[46:27] | Nixon popularized the practice, for God’s sake. | 尼克松带动了这股潮流 |
[46:29] | It’s true. Haldeman saw Redford wearing one | 是的 霍尔德曼看到候选人之一雷德福 |
[46:31] | in The Candidate and brought the idea back. | 戴着它 回来后告诉了尼克松 |
[46:33] | Nixon liked it so much, | 尼克松对此很感兴趣 |
[46:35] | he had the whole staff sporting them. | 于是他让所有员工都效仿这种做法 |
[46:36] | But like so many traditions, | 但就像大部分传统那样 |
[46:38] | most people don’t know how it started, | 大多数人并不会追根溯源 |
[46:40] | and more people don’t care. | 更多的人对此毫不关心 |
[46:42] | They only know how it makes them feel to see it. | 他们只关心自己对这件事的看法 |
[46:46] | And what it stands for. | 以及它意味着什么 |
[46:49] | So, what do you really need? | 所以 你到底想要什么 |
[46:51] | Withdraw from the race. | 我想要你退出竞选 |
[46:55] | Drop your so-called presidential ambitions, | 放下你所谓的总统野心 |
[46:58] | which are really just a tarted-up way | 那不过是一块遮羞布 |
[46:59] | of describing your lust for power. | 用来包装你对权力的渴望 |
[47:02] | Go back to your office | 滚回你的办公室 |
[47:04] | and continue with your standard-issue profiteering, | 继续流水线般地牟取暴利 |
[47:06] | forget about steering our nation, | 而不是领导我们的国家 |
[47:08] | and I’ll back off. | 那么我就消停 |
[47:15] | You know, I’ve had a lot of people | 今天有很多人 |
[47:16] | telling me what to do today. | 告诉我该怎么做 |
[47:18] | Lot of good advice. Well-intentioned, anyway. | 其中不乏善意的建议 |
[47:21] | About how I should be doing things and why… | 告诉我应该做什么 为什么要这么做 |
[47:23] | how it’ll all look. | 结果会是怎样 |
[47:25] | It’d gotten to the point where saying “screw it” | 我非常想说一句”去他的” |
[47:28] | and walking away was starting to look pretty good. | 然后甩袖子走人 |
[47:31] | But then I remembered… | 但我想起 |
[47:33] | who the heck I am | 我是谁 |
[47:35] | and how I got to be that guy. | 我是怎么成为今天的我 |
[47:37] | And it wasn’t by following somebody else’s script. | 我不是靠着随波逐流 人云亦云走到今天的 |
[47:39] | It was by blazing my own path. | 我一直都在走自己的路 |
[47:42] | A path that leads to the White House. | 一条通往白宫的路 |
[47:48] | So, what I’m gonna do, | 所以我选择 |
[47:51] | I’m gonna keep blazing it. | 继续走自己的路 |
[47:55] | You want to be free of this? | 你想摆脱这一切吗 |
[48:01] | The kid in my cuffs on American soil. | 我要在美国领土抓到那个孩子 |
[48:04] | Or you’ll be the one in ’em. | 否则 我会把你也拷起来 |
[48:23] | He wants the kid, or me to quit my run. | 他想逮捕那孩子 或者我退出选举 |
[48:27] | Jesus. | 老天爷 |
[48:28] | Nothing else will satisfy him. | 没有第三条路 |
[48:30] | He’s trying to induce you to take an action. | 他这是想诱使你采取行动 |
[48:32] | Yes. | 对 |
[48:33] | So, it’s your moral fucking duty | 所以你有道义责任 |
[48:35] | to take a different one. | 换一种做法 |
[48:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[48:39] | Unless that’s what he’s actually looking for. | 除非这就是他真正想要的 |
[48:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[48:44] | What’re you going to do? | 你现在打算怎么办 |
[48:48] | Take the desired action with a different result. | 不改变行动 改变结果 |
[48:55] | Lí-hó. | 你好 |
[48:57] | Sorry, I’m gonna need your son. | 抱歉 我需要借用一下你儿子 |
[49:00] | No, I’m doing it. | 不 我要这么做 |
[49:02] | But so you feel better about it, | 不过 我能让你心里好受一些 |
[49:04] | when I’m in office, in two years’ time, | 如果我当选 我保证在两年内 |
[49:06] | I can ensure the closest commercial relationship | 让台北和华盛顿建立起 |
[49:08] | Taipei has ever had with D.C. | 有史以来最密切的商业关系 |
[49:11] | Specifically, trade route protections | 说得更具体些 在我上任的百日内 |
[49:13] | worth billions to you, within my first 100 days. | 为你提供价值数十亿美元的贸易路线保护 |
[49:17] | And your son will be out long before that, | 届时 你儿子早就出来了 |
[49:18] | if he’s ever in jail at all. | 那是他会进监狱的情况下 |
[49:20] | If not, a pardon is certain. | 如果还没出来 我就直接赦免他 |
[49:23] | It’s not just how it has to be, friend, | 朋友 不是我不得不这么做 |
[49:26] | it’s the only way it can be. | 这是唯一的选择 |
[49:32] | West Side Highway, going south… | 上西城高速 往南开 |
[50:02] | I feel like I’ve seen this movie before. | 我好像在电影里看过这一幕 |
[50:04] | No, the only way that plane is empty | 不 除非这架飞机上有降落伞 |
[50:06] | is if there was a parachute on board. | 不然机舱里不会没有人 |
[50:08] | Get Liu off that plane as peacefully as possible | 尽量在不使用暴力的情况下让刘下飞机 |
[50:11] | but be prepared for a forced entry. | 但也要做好强行进入的准备 |
[50:14] | Detain the pilot if you have to. | 必要的话扣下飞行员 |
[50:23] | Party crasher. | 搅屎棍来了 |
[50:24] | Hold! | 全体待命 |
[50:37] | Prince. Thought his text said you could have him. | 普林斯 他不是发信息说你可以动手吗 |
[50:41] | Let’s see where this goes. | 先看看他们想干什么 |
[50:52] | If that plane starts to taxi, take out the tires. | 如果飞机开始滑行 就把轮胎打爆 |
[51:05] | Kid gave himself up. | 那孩子自首了 |
[51:07] | It wasn’t his idea. | 不是他自己的主意 |
[51:19] | This man was a fugitive from justice, attempting to flee. | 他是个逃犯 企图逃跑 |
[51:22] | Which is why I ordered my plane to land. | 所以我才让我的飞机落地 |
[51:24] | As a U.S. citizen, | 作为一位美国公民 |
[51:26] | nothing is more important than obeying the law. | 遵守法律是最重要的事情 |
[51:29] | And as a sworn upholder of those laws, | 作为法律的宣誓维护者 |
[51:31] | I’ll take it from here. | 接下来就由我负责了 |
[51:44] | You’ll all report this properly. | 希望你们能如实报道 |
[51:45] | You’ll all come to learn my plane was taken | 你们会知道 我的飞机是被人用虚假借口 |
[51:47] | under false pretenses. | 借走的 |
[51:49] | Now I want to thank… | 我想感谢 |
[51:51] | United States Attorney Rhoades | 联邦检察官罗兹 |
[51:53] | for calling this to my attention. | 谢谢他及时提醒我 |
[51:55] | I’m so grateful. | 非常感谢 |
[52:02] | Mr. Prince, is there any way | 普林斯先生 |
[52:03] | you can make a comment, sir? | 对此您有什么意见吗 |
[52:09] | Attorney’s available for photos, no questions. | 检察官可以拍 没问题 |
[52:12] | Fine, take some photos. | 谢谢 拍吧 |
[52:33] | Goddamned guy is going to get a big hit off of this. | 这混蛋要就此大获成功了 |
[52:35] | Mm-hmm. Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[52:37] | It wasn’t a blowout, but it’ll go down as a win. | 并非大获全胜 但会被看作是一种胜利 |
[52:39] | Now he knows his smallest mistake will be raked over. | 现在他知道即使再小的错误 也会被追究 |
[52:44] | And everywhere he goes, we are watching. | 无论走到哪 我们都会盯着他 |
[52:49] | It’s hard to march toward the presidency | 当你瞻前顾后的时候 |
[52:50] | when you’re always looking over your shoulder. | 就很难迈向总统宝座了 |
[53:11] | I’ve just made arrangements | 我刚刚安排 |
[53:12] | to send the Indiana National Guard | 印第安纳州国民警卫队 |
[53:13] | to areas hit hardest by the hurricane, | 前往飓风重灾区 |
[53:16] | since units in the region are underfunded. | 因为那里资金不足 |
[53:19] | This will get aid to where it needs to be | 在联邦应急管理局资金启动之前 |
[53:20] | before and until the FEMA funds kick in. | 我会将援助送到需要的地方 |
[53:23] | All on Mike’s dime. | 全靠迈克的钱 |
[53:25] | Foreign affairs settled. Domestic affairs are settled. | 内忧外患全都搞定 |
[53:27] | And we’re going to help a whole bunch of people. | 我们能帮到很多很多人 |
[53:29] | Today was a good day. | 今天真是个好日子 |
[53:31] | I am so fucking happy it worked out. | 我真的非常开心 我们成功了 |
[53:33] | Now, no matter what happens, | 现在 无论发生什么事 |
[53:34] | you will be seen to have done the right thing. | 你都要被视为做了正确的事 |
[53:36] | Not merely seen to be, Wags. Doing it. | 不仅仅是”被视为” 瓦格斯 事实如此 |
[53:38] | Even more reason to smile about it. | 那就更有理由开心了 |
[53:50] | Every single thing you do now | 现在你做的每件事 |
[53:52] | matters in a way it didn’t before. | 都不再像以前那样无足轻重 |
[53:54] | There are no casual decisions. | 每个决定都很重要 |
[53:56] | And no one borrows your jet. | 没人能在未经允许的情况下 |
[53:59] | No one drops by your house for dinner without prior approval. | 借用你的飞机 或者去你家吃饭 |
[54:02] | No employee makes it look like you’re using a loophole | 没有哪个员工可以让你看起来像是 |
[54:05] | to avoid paying out to the victims of a hurricane. | 钻了漏洞来逃避向飓风受灾者支付赔偿 |
[54:08] | You need to be the kind of person | 你得学会 |
[54:09] | who sees a hurricane coming… | 未雨绸缪 |
[54:10] | Yeah. And runs toward it | 在飓风来临时 |
[54:12] | with bailing buckets and blankets | 带上准备好的水桶和毛毯 |
[54:14] | to wrap folks in. | 赶往现场 |
[54:15] | Now you get it. | 没错 |
[54:18] | You need to assume everything will come out | 你得做好全套应急预案 |
[54:20] | because it will. | 因为紧急状况一定会发生 |
[54:21] | So, take care to handle it in advance | 想要赢 |
[54:23] | for the win. | 就要做早起的鸟儿 |
[54:26] | It’ll feel overwhelming, but that’s just what every hour | 做好这些并不容易 但在实际工作中 |
[54:28] | of every day in the actual job will be. | 每一天 每一秒都是如此 |
[54:57] | I can’t let you do it. | 我不能让你去指挥了 |
[54:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[55:00] | I want you to. You need to know that. | 我希望你去的 你得知道这一点 |
[55:04] | You can keep the baton. You should. | 你可以留着指挥棒 你应该留着 |
[55:08] | And, I promise, after the inauguration, | 我保证 就职典礼后 |
[55:12] | you’ll conduct the National Orchestra. | 你将指挥国家交响乐团 |
[55:14] | Maybe do a full run up the Eastern Seaboard. | 也许还可以在东海岸周边城市都来上一遍 |
[55:16] | That would be wonderful. | 那可真不错 |
[55:18] | You don’t have to take this so gracefully, | 你不必这么感恩戴德 |
[55:21] | me depriving you of this dream right now. | 现在是我剥夺了你的梦想 |
[55:23] | You gave it to me. | 这是你给我的 |
[55:24] | I really wanted to. | 我真想让你去的 |
[55:26] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[55:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[55:30] | This is what I signed on for. | 这是我在这里的目的 |
[55:32] | To make your life easier | 减轻你的负担 |
[55:34] | so your journey became longer. | 让你可以走得更远 |
[55:35] | Richer. More fulfilling. | 更富有 更有成就感 |
[55:37] | And I’ve always been rewarded for so doing. | 而我一直对此感到荣幸 |
[55:40] | It doesn’t change just because it’s in a different arena. | 这一点 不会因为换了个舞台就发生改变 |
[55:44] | What about your life? | 那你的人生呢 |
[55:45] | Well, you said you had a good day today. | 你说你今天很开心 |
[55:48] | – I did. – Then so did I. | – 没错 – 那么我也很开心 |
[55:57] | Hold this for me. | 帮我保管它吧 |
[56:01] | Until. | 直到我们赢 |
[56:48] | You told Prince you were happy it worked out. | 你告诉普林斯 事情都解决了 你很开心 |
[56:50] | Seemed the only thing to say. | 因为只能这么说了 |
[56:51] | Especially after I screwed up that bad. | 尤其是在我把事情搞砸之后 |
[56:53] | You didn’t screw up. You tried to take him out | 你没有搞砸 你想把他塑造成保险诈骗犯 |
[56:56] | by making him look like an insurance scammer. | 想借此扳倒他 |
[56:59] | Almost succeeded. | 差一点就成功了 |
[57:03] | Lone gunman-style. | 孤胆枪手模式 |
[57:04] | But I guess… fuck. | 不过我觉得… |
[57:06] | Guess I’m no assassin. | 估计我不是当刺客的料 |
[57:08] | A clean kill can turn very messy. | 一次干净利落的杀戮会变得非常混乱 |
[57:13] | Today will only make him more careful and cautious | 今天的事会让他对自己的行动和人设 |
[57:15] | about what he does and how he appears. | 更加小心谨慎 |
[57:18] | This is all going to be hard. | 这会让事情变得难办 |
[57:22] | And messy. | 以及混乱 |
[57:23] | Don’t get yourself fired. | 别把饭碗弄丢了 |
[57:25] | We can’t… none of us… can do this alone. | 我们不能… 没有人能孤军奋战 |
[57:27] | Or on a one-off attempt. It needs to be full-on | 或者一击即中 要么像《东方快车谋杀案》那样 |
[57:29] | Murder On The Orient Express or nothing. | 全员出击 要么什么都不干 |
[57:33] | But are you really prepared to go that far? | 但你真的准备好了吗 |
[57:35] | I am now. Are you? | 当然 你呢 |
[57:38] | Because Prince was right about your impulsivity. | 在你的冲动这一点上 普林斯的看法是对的 |
[57:40] | That shit can’t get it done at these stakes, so… | 他没法在这种情况下完成竞选 |
[57:44] | will you exercise the discipline required | 你会规规矩矩地 |
[57:46] | to really do it right? | 把事情做好吗 |
[57:48] | I need to know. | 我需要知道 |
[57:50] | I will. And we will. | 我会的 我们会的 |
[57:55] | Together. | 我们一起 |
[57:59] | Damn right. | 好 |