时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | The 2028 Games | 2028年奥运会 |
[00:06] | can no longer be held in New York City. | 将不在纽约举办 |
[00:08] | He had to remind me that he took from me. | 他提醒我他从我这里拿走了什么 |
[00:10] | Now it’s time to take back. | 是时候拿回来了 |
[00:11] | He’ll come charging right at you. | 他立刻就会撞向你 |
[00:12] | We need to wave something to get his attention. | 我们声东击西 |
[00:14] | That park is the perfect target. | 这个公园就是个好靶子 |
[00:16] | He’s coming after all the Vandeveld Park keyholders. | 他会对付所有有范德维德公园钥匙的人 |
[00:19] | Someone needs to advocate | 人们需要支持那些 |
[00:20] | for the people who actually pay taxes, | 真正交税的人 |
[00:22] | and on this one, that’s me. | 这个人就是我 |
[00:23] | I need you to write a letter to the New York Senate | 我需要你给纽约参议院写一封信 |
[00:25] | requesting a special session to vote on his removal. | 要求召开特别会议把他投走 |
[00:27] | State Attorney General Rhoades | 州检察长罗兹 |
[00:29] | has used his seat of power to wage personal vendettas. | 利用职务之便处理私人恩怨 |
[00:32] | Aye. Aye. | 同意 同意 |
[00:33] | Charles Rhoades Jr is hereby | 查尔斯·罗兹 |
[00:35] | removed as attorney general of the state of New York. | 从纽约总检察长撤职 |
[00:37] | I am not actually shot dead in my trench. | 我在战壕里还没被打死呢 |
[00:39] | Close your eyes, Chuck. It’s over and done. | 安息吧查克 一切都结束了 |
[01:05] | And with heavy hearts, | 怀着沉重的心情 |
[01:06] | we raise our glasses to a man | 让我们为他举杯 |
[01:07] | who led this office so intrepidly. | 他带领这间办公室无畏前行 |
[01:09] | Chuck, I’m just sorry this couldn’t be a proper | 查克 很抱歉没能组织更好的 |
[01:13] | beefsteak sendoff, but– | 牛排欢送会 但是 |
[01:14] | Oh, I’m off red meat anyway. | 哦 我已经不吃红肉了 |
[01:17] | Well, as long as you never lose those carnivorous instincts, | 只要你还有那样肉食性的本能 |
[01:20] | we, the people, still need them. | 我们 人民 我们都需要的 |
[01:21] | Well, I’m not sure what good they’ll do me now, but… | 虽然我不知道这现在对我有什么好处 但是 |
[01:24] | You, Chuck Rhoades, | 是你 查克·罗兹 |
[01:25] | reminded us how to take on great foes and forces | 提醒我们怎样在大敌当前时 |
[01:29] | without fear or concern for oneself, | 抛开对自身的恐惧和担忧 |
[01:31] | and you leave us fortified to continue on in that same spirit. | 也是你让我们坚持同样的精神继续前行 |
[01:35] | Hear, hear. | 干杯 干杯 |
[01:37] | We’ll miss you, Chuck. | 我们会想你的 查克 |
[01:39] | Now I’ll have to actually do my own case work. | 现在我只能亲自处理这些案子了 |
[01:43] | Well, I’ll miss the mission, and all of you. | 我会怀念这些使命 这里的所有人 |
[01:47] | The whole place. | 这整个地方 |
[01:48] | Even the Barney Miller coffee. | 甚至是巴尼·米勒的咖啡 |
[01:49] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢大家 |
[01:52] | Thank you, guys. | 衷心感谢 |
[01:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:54] | – Of course, why? – Just a feeling. | – 当然 怎么这么说 – 感觉而已 |
[01:57] | Maybe it’s the calling that’s a problem. | 可能这通电话才是问题 |
[01:58] | I want to see too. What are you doing this week– | 我也想看看 你这周做些什么 |
[02:00] | er, this weekend. Uh… | 呃 这周末… |
[02:02] | You can. | 你可以来的 |
[02:03] | Just got to Telemark. | 就到泰尔马克 |
[02:05] | By Saturday, I’ll be on a portaledge. | 周六 我会在悬挂式帐篷里露营 |
[02:06] | We’re trying to beat Papert’s record. | 我们要打破帕特的纪录 |
[02:08] | – This is your second attempt? – Third. | – 这是你第二次尝试吗 – 是第三次 |
[02:10] | You want to come with? | 你要一起吗 |
[02:12] | Be a good-luck charm? | 当我的幸运骑士 |
[02:13] | I’m seeking the exact opposite of an icy ledge | 我在想的可跟冰架和悬吊绳 |
[02:15] | and suspension ropes. | 一点关系都没有 |
[02:17] | Tempting. | 很诱人 |
[02:19] | But I’m solid with my plans. | 但我对我的计划坚定不移 |
[02:21] | So we’re here again. | 所以我们又这样 |
[02:22] | We’re not anywhere. You’re not being punished. | 不是的 我也不是在惩罚你 |
[02:25] | If the snow hits early, | 如果降雪提前来临 |
[02:26] | I can have you helicoptered from Yukon to Oslo. | 我可以用直升机把你从育空堡带到奥斯陆 |
[02:30] | I’m a call away. | 我随时候命 |
[02:32] | Am I going to see you with a microphone | 我还能看见你戴着夹在衣领上的 |
[02:35] | taped to your lapel, | 麦克风 |
[02:37] | sitting next to Anderson Cooper in the Toobin seat? | 坐在安德森·库珀旁边图宾的位置上吗 |
[02:40] | Ooh, it has to be bad luck to call it that. | 这么说实在是太不走运了 |
[02:41] | And, no, I don’t think that’s where I’m headed. | 不 我不觉得我会往那边发展 |
[02:44] | Public service of another sort. A different elected office. | 另一种公众服务 不同的当选职位 |
[02:48] | Or a podcast, maybe. | 或者 去上播客 |
[02:52] | Building an audience seems to be the best moat | 笼络观众群好像 |
[02:54] | anyone can manufacture these days. | 是如今谁都能建立的护城河 |
[02:56] | -And since you were sidelined – I’m on the sidelines. | – 既然你被排挤了 – 我在被排挤 |
[03:01] | But the verb form, it fails to accurately capture | 但仅这个动词来说 并不能准确描述 |
[03:03] | the force with which I was ripped from this office. | 把我拽出这间办公室的势力 |
[03:06] | This is no coach’s DNP. This is a putsch. | 这不是教练员的不让我上场 这是一场政变 |
[03:09] | And despite what I said to the room, | 并且 尽管我和大家说的这些 |
[03:12] | in the spirit of bonhomie, you have to know that I– | 以美好生活之名 你要知道 我 |
[03:15] | we are still very much engaged in this fight for the soul… | 我们还是深深卷入这场斗争中 为了… |
[03:19] | Well, no, I am engaged. | 不 我身在其中 |
[03:21] | No doubt, it’s my job to be. | 毫无疑问 这是我的职责 |
[03:24] | And as you did, | 就像你那样 |
[03:25] | I have to move the office forward in my way. | 我必须用自己的方式推动这间办公室前进 |
[03:28] | And I handpicked you for this. | 我特意选择你 |
[03:30] | I saw a rough diamond with jeweler’s eyes. | 以我珠宝商的眼力发掘了未经雕琢的钻石 |
[03:34] | You said it was with a tailor’s eye. | 你说那是裁缝的眼光 |
[03:36] | I did indeed, yes. Point stands. | 我也这么做 一个意思 |
[03:39] | Change is hard. | 改变很难 |
[03:40] | No one expects you to be happy with this. | 没人希望你为此开心 |
[03:43] | Or content. | 或是满意 |
[03:45] | But enjoy the valedictory. | 但还是享受告别仪式吧 |
[03:47] | This is a celebration of you. | 这是为你庆祝呢 |
[03:49] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[03:52] | Like a wake. | 这警醒我 |
[03:56] | I don’t mind you Coming here | ♪我不在意你到这儿来♪ |
[04:00] | And wasting all my time | ♪浪费我所有时间♪ |
[04:04] | ‘Cause when you’re standing Oh so near | ♪因为我们站的那么靠近♪ |
[04:09] | I kind of lose my mind | ♪我有点神魂颠倒了♪ |
[04:12] | It’s not the perfume that you wear | ♪不是你衣服的香味♪ |
[04:16] | It’s not the ribbons In your hair | ♪也不是你秀发上的丝带♪ |
[04:19] | – Get in, Rhoades. – When you rendition someone, | – 上车吧罗兹 – 你们要押送某人的时候 |
[04:22] | it’s better to cuff and rope them before the talking starts. | 最好在开始说话前就用手铐和绳子绑好他们 |
[04:25] | Otherwise, they may take off running. | 不然 他们就跑了 |
[04:27] | Oh, you try running in those wingtips, | 哦 你想穿着翼尖鞋跑路吗 |
[04:28] | you’ll fall on your ass like Buster Keaton. | 你会像巴斯特·基顿 那样摔个大屁股蹲 |
[04:30] | At which point we can get to the binding and so forth. | 到时候我们是可以把你绑起来 |
[04:35] | Thanks for the offer, guys, but, uh– | 谢谢你们的好意 但是 |
[04:36] | Chuck, we have your things. | 查克 我们有你要的东西 |
[04:38] | A plan has been made. | 计划已经做好了 |
[04:39] | We’re taking you to Rundas Lodge. | 我们把你带去润达公寓 |
[04:40] | Fresh air. Delicious vittles. | 新鲜空气 美味小食 |
[04:43] | And vigorous bodywork. | 活力四射的运动 |
[04:44] | I was going to stroll across the bridge. | 我打算自己散步过桥 |
[04:46] | Take a contemplative constitutional | 好好想想宪法 |
[04:48] | through a crumbling city. | 穿过这座摇摇欲坠的城市 |
[04:50] | Feels more appropriate than lounging in some spa. | 这比躺在水疗中心合适多了 |
[04:53] | No, you can take your constitutionals | 你在疗养院的时候 |
[04:54] | when you’re in the nursing home. | 也可以拿着宪法的 |
[04:56] | Get in the damn car. Don’t make us drug you. | 快点上车 别逼我们拽你 |
[05:00] | You look so fancy I can tell | ♪你看起来那么惊艳♪ |
[05:04] | And I don’t mind you Hanging out | ♪你要出来逛逛我也不介意♪ |
[05:09] | And talking in your sleep | ♪在你梦里聊天♪ |
[05:12] | I guess you’re just what I needed | ♪我觉得你就是我想要的♪ |
[05:14] | Just what I needed | ♪我想要的♪ |
[05:16] | I needed someone to feed | ♪我需要养活某人♪ |
[05:20] | I guess you’re just What I needed | ♪我想你就是我需要的人♪ |
[05:22] | Just what I needed | ♪我非常需要的人♪ |
[05:23] | I needed someone to bleed | ♪我需要有人流血♪ |
[05:39] | Now, all phones in the GoDark bag. | 现在 所有手机都放到法拉第包里 |
[05:46] | Signal blocking, | 信号屏蔽 |
[05:47] | off the grid for the duration. | 这段时间我们会断网 |
[05:49] | Not happening. | 不可能 |
[05:51] | Oh, I’m working the shit out of this puppy | 我倾尽全力就是为了用这东西 |
[05:53] | to find the next perch from which to exact my revenge. | 找到下一个报复的立足之地 |
[05:56] | All that will be there after. | 那都是以后的事儿 |
[05:57] | I encourage you to do the reset. It’s why we’re here. | 我建议你重置一下 所以我们到这儿来了 |
[06:00] | No, I’ll reset the fuck out of myself phone in hand. | 不 我要自己拿着手机重置 |
[06:04] | Well, if one guy has his phone, that ruins it. | 行吧 如果一个人拿着手机 其他人放也没用 |
[06:07] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[06:08] | And you’re reimbursing me for the GoDark bag, son. | 那你得给我的法拉第袋子报销 |
[06:16] | Rhoades has been felled, but not finished. | 罗兹只是暂时倒下 还没完蛋 |
[06:19] | I would like to talk about next– | 我想说接下来 |
[06:20] | I don’t. Don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想听 我不想说这些 |
[06:22] | You want to talk about the spoils. | 你只想看战利品 |
[06:23] | The theory is, | 理论上说 |
[06:25] | you must reward yourself after a victory. | 胜利之后你应该嘉奖自己 |
[06:27] | It strengthens the subconscious | 这会增强潜意识 |
[06:29] | to lay it all on the line in the next battle. | 为下次战斗严正以待 |
[06:30] | Without it, an autonomic weakness sets in | 不这么做的话 不自觉地衰弱就会潜入 |
[06:33] | for which even iron discipline cannot compensate. | 哪怕是铁律也弥补不了 |
[06:36] | Understood, on a visceral level. | 我懂 很深度的那种 |
[06:39] | Even without all the science-y words. | 不用科学术语也懂 |
[06:41] | Hell, I don’t even wait for a win. | 我都没在等着胜利 |
[06:43] | That’s just debauchery. | 那太放松自己了 |
[06:47] | I spoke with Andy. She’s not free. | 我和安迪聊了 她最近没空 |
[06:49] | But what Scooter was describing | 但斯科特说得对 |
[06:50] | I think is even more important for the troops than the general. | 比起将军 我觉得奖励对士兵来说更重要 |
[06:53] | – They’ll be fine. – No, no, no. | – 他们会好的 – 不会 完全不会 |
[06:55] | They need to eat the dragon’s heart, to taste it. | 他们需要吃下龙的心脏 尝一尝 |
[06:58] | Really? This group? | 真的吗 这一队吗 |
[07:00] | Especially this group. There’s no other way. | 尤其是这一队 没别的办法 |
[07:03] | Is that some sort of code for a hard reboot, or a…? | 这是要强行重启的意思吗 还是 |
[07:07] | Call an all-hands meeting. | 召开全体大会 |
[07:08] | Night after tomorrow at the house. | 后天晚上 在家 |
[07:23] | Pull! | 发射 |
[07:28] | Crap. | 糟糕 |
[07:29] | They break when they land, if it’s any comfort. | 如果能安慰你的话 只能说他们落地就碎了 |
[07:31] | Being a wiseass is unbecoming for a member of the bench. | 花言巧语可不是好法官 |
[07:35] | And this choke is faulty. | 这个扼流圈一定是坏的 |
[07:37] | Sure it is. | 当然了 |
[07:45] | Pull. | 发射 |
[07:50] | Wasn’t ready. | 没准备好 |
[07:52] | Only a fool says “pull” if he isn’t ready. | 只有傻子才会没准备好就说发射 |
[07:55] | Too much pulling in your room last night. | 昨晚在房间里发射太多了吧 |
[07:57] | Watch and learn, boys. | 学着点 伙计们 |
[08:03] | Pull. | 发射 |
[08:04] | I think I nicked the second one. | 第二个应该蹭到了 |
[08:09] | Oh, bullshit. Clean misses. | 就吹吧 明显没打到 |
[08:25] | Pull! | 发射 |
[08:27] | Whoa! | 哇哦 |
[08:29] | A double! You’re in the zone! | 全中 很在状态啊 |
[08:31] | I just picture Prince’s face on the clay, | 我只是代入了普林斯的脸 |
[08:33] | and the pellets seem to find it. | 子弹自己就朝着飞碟过去了 |
[08:34] | Obsession focuses a man. | 执念让人专注 |
[08:36] | I am obsessed with helping you rebrand and refocus, Chuck. | 查克 我很想帮你重整旗鼓 改换目标 |
[08:40] | We think you need a position, a power base to operate from. | 你需要一个职位 作为你运作的权力基础 |
[08:44] | We don’t want to see you spiral out going after revenge. | 我们不想看着你失去控制 一心寻仇 |
[08:47] | Chief Counsel at a defense contractor. | 国防承包商的首席法律顾问就不错 |
[08:50] | Now, that is the kind of money | 它带来的金钱 |
[08:52] | that wipes the stain of any failure away. | 能够洗刷任何失败的污点 |
[08:55] | You can strategize about Prince along with me, | 你要么跟我一起谋划该如何扳倒普林斯 |
[08:57] | or we can shoot in silence. | 要么咱们就安安静静打飞碟 |
[08:59] | Because the idea that some fresh air and mud baths | 指望着几口新鲜空气和几次泥浆浴 |
[09:01] | could change who I am or what I stand for is laughable. | 就能改变我的本性或立场 这太可笑了 |
[09:04] | Chuck, we don’t want you to change entirely. | 查克 我们并不是让你彻底改头换面 |
[09:06] | But some growth, some effort– | 我们是想看到你的成长和努力 |
[09:08] | No, uninterested. | 没商量 我不感兴趣 |
[09:10] | Try, for just a moment, | 试试嘛 哪怕就只有一阵子 |
[09:12] | being the kind of man who might sit | 成为那个可以坐上 |
[09:13] | on the highest court in the land. | 全国最高法院位置的人 |
[09:15] | A listener, a considerer of all possibilities. | 成为一个倾听者 一个通观全局的人 |
[09:20] | These people wield more power than you ever had. | 这些人手里的权力比你大多了 |
[09:22] | – We have a list. – He can’t. | – 我们有一长串呢 – 他不可能照做的 |
[09:24] | Like a leopard can’t change its spots. | 江山易改本性难移 |
[09:26] | And that’s not just a cliché. It’s true. | 这并非空话套话 是事实 |
[09:28] | You shave the coat, | 就算你把豹子的毛剃了 |
[09:30] | the spots are still there, right down to his fucking hide. | 它皮肤上的斑点还在 |
[09:34] | I’m heading back to make some calls. | 我要回去打几个电话 |
[09:35] | Well, you’re going to look desperate. | 电话里对方会觉得你很绝望的 |
[09:37] | No. Activated. Motivated. Not desperate. | 不 是生气勃勃 斗志昂扬 才不是绝望 |
[09:39] | It’s different. They’ll see that. | 这不一样 对方听了就知道 |
[09:41] | And maybe try throwing your guns at the clays, | 要不你们试试把自己的枪朝飞碟扔过去 |
[09:43] | you might actually hit something. | 或许还能打中什么东西 |
[09:45] | Ehh. | 呃 |
[09:55] | Our custom is to pick up, say hello. | 我们的惯例是接起电话 问候对方 |
[09:57] | I am tired of explaining | 我都解释累了 |
[09:58] | Olympic sponsors’ down payments are non-refundable. | 奥运会赞助商的预付款是不予退还的 |
[10:03] | You took a shot and missed. | 你押错宝了 |
[10:04] | Go copulate with yourself, you cheap-ass fuck. | 去你妈的吧 没鸟用的铁公鸡 |
[10:08] | I hope that wasn’t your pastor. | 对面可别是你的牧师啊 |
[10:10] | Now, I have come here to actually help you. | 我是来真心帮你的 |
[10:15] | Is this a setup? Like with a boy? | 这是个圈套吗 和男人一起鬼混的那种吗 |
[10:17] | Because I don’t think you and I have the same taste. | 因为我觉得咱们这方面的口味不太一样 |
[10:19] | Setting you up to win that congressional seat. | 是一个能让你赢得国会议员席位的圈套 |
[10:21] | Call this number. | 拨这个号码 |
[10:22] | He is the best at digging up shit on people, | 他最擅长挖人的把柄了 |
[10:24] | far better than the other side’ll have. | 比对家会挖多了 |
[10:26] | You need to see what he unearths on you. | 你得去看看他在你身上都能挖到些什么 |
[10:29] | On me? | 在我身上 |
[10:30] | I thought the idea was to find shit on the other side. | 我以为是去挖对家的把柄呢 |
[10:33] | First thing first: Know thyself. | 头等大事是先认清你自己 |
[10:37] | I appreciate it. I do. | 那我谢谢你 |
[10:40] | Um, but my closet’s bare. | 呃 不过我一身清白 |
[10:43] | Not a skeleton to be found. | 什么见不得人的秘密都没有 |
[10:44] | Please. | 拜托 |
[10:46] | Anyone with a five-figure 401(k) | 但凡是个退休金账户里有五位数的人 |
[10:47] | has hidden shit they’ve forgotten about, | 都会有一些尘封已久的 |
[10:49] | or never even knew about. | 或连他们自己都不知道的秘事 |
[10:51] | Once you’re in the race, it won’t stay hidden for long. | 一旦你参加竞选 离被曝光的日子就不远了 |
[10:54] | You can get ahead of yours, | 要么你先人一步 |
[10:55] | or wait till the other side splatters you with it. | 要么就等着对家揪住证据朝你泼脏水吧 |
[10:58] | Your call. | 你自己决定 |
[11:00] | Pretty sure my call is not making this call. | 我确定我是不会打这个电话的 |
[11:04] | Then yours won’t be much of a race at all. | 那你就别指望能在竞选这条路上走多远了 |
[11:14] | How great’s your book doing since you got it back? | 自从你把交易簿拿回来后 进行得怎么样了 |
[11:16] | I’m not ashamed of it. | 我并不因它感到羞耻 |
[11:17] | Yeah, you feel good about it, don’t you? | 当然了 你自我感觉良好 不是吗 |
[11:23] | You know, some religions think that the egg | 某些宗教认为 |
[11:26] | is the symbol of the soul. | 蛋是灵魂的象征 |
[11:28] | – Did you know that? – Does this make sense? | – 你听说过吗 – 你觉得这样写合理吗 |
[11:30] | “DAOs are Internet-native organizations collectively run | “去中心化自治组织是由其成员共同 |
[11:33] | and owned by their members.” | 运营和拥有的互联网原生组织” |
[11:34] | Or should I add: “an exclusive pipeline into crypto”? | 还是我应该再加一句 “独家加密赛道” |
[11:36] | Do you know where I can get High John the Conqueror root | 你知道纽约哪里可以弄到高约翰根吗 |
[11:38] | in New York? I want to try it | 我想尝试一下 |
[11:39] | and see if it– | 看看它是不是真的灵… |
[11:40] | Whoops. Someone’s down the Angel Heart rabbit hole. | 看来某人掉进《天使之心》的兔子洞里了 |
[11:43] | I am, way down, and it is truly fucking | 真的 我陷进去了 而且看了这个之后 |
[11:45] | with my sleep-wake homeostasis. | 我的睡眠质量大受影响 |
[11:46] | When you watch it end to end, over and over again, | 当把它一遍一遍从头到尾地看 |
[11:49] | it actually gets less clear. | 反而会越看越迷糊 |
[11:50] | It starts to slither through your mind | 画面开始不断在脑海里回闪 |
[11:52] | like a cinematic human centipede. | 就像电影里的人体蜈蚣那样 |
[11:53] | You could, and I’m not just saying this | 你可以这么想 但我是认真的 |
[11:55] | because Mickey Rourke is, well, Mickey Rourke. | 因为米基·洛克就是米基·洛克 演员而已 |
[11:58] | Just stop watching. | 别再看了 |
[11:59] | Yeah, but I have to prove my theory | 是啊 但我必须证明我的理论 |
[12:00] | that everyone is a Harry Angel or a Johnny Favorite. | 一个人要么是天使 要么是恶魔 |
[12:03] | Ugh, some of us are Lisa Bonet trying to make the world | 看来某人就像丽莎·博内特想让全世界忘记 |
[12:06] | forget Denise Huxtable existed. | 她演过丹妮丝·赫克斯特伯一样 |
[12:10] | Philip seems to be creating | 菲利普似乎正在公司里营造一种 |
[12:11] | a real “leader of men” vibe on the floor. | 他才是真正的领袖的气氛 |
[12:13] | Why I’m staying in here. | 我为什么要待在这里呢 |
[12:14] | I have something for you, if you have the bandwidth. | 我有些东西要给你看 如果你还有精力的话 |
[12:16] | Heads up. | 注意 |
[12:19] | We’re closed tomorrow. Whole operation. | 明天我们整个公司都要闭门歇业 |
[12:21] | That’s really more a me decision | 听上去更像是我个人会做的决定 |
[12:22] | than a directive from up on high. | 而不是高层下的指示 |
[12:24] | There’s an all-hands tomorrow night at Prince’s. | 明晚在普林斯家有一场全体派对 |
[12:26] | So, no, it’s not. | 所以并不是你想的那样 |
[12:27] | Office is to remain empty tomorrow | 虽然明天办公室要空一整天 |
[12:28] | while everyone gathers their thoughts. | 但每个人都要整理思路 |
[12:30] | And the subject of this all-hands is? | 那这次全体派对的主题是 |
[12:32] | Known upon arrival. | 到那儿你就知道了 |
[12:33] | All other questions, | 管你还有没有问题 |
[12:34] | please submit to “Oh, right, we don’t give a shit.” | 我们压根不在乎 |
[12:37] | We’ll see you there. | 我们在那儿见 |
[12:42] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[12:47] | What was all that? | 唱的是哪出 |
[12:47] | They’ve been living on borrowed time | 他们一直在另一个男人的记忆里 |
[12:49] | in another man’s memories. | 苟延残喘 |
[12:53] | It’s just so much better when we parallel play. | 还是我们各玩各的时候感觉好得多 |
[13:03] | I appealed to them and I implored them, | 我求爹爹告奶奶 |
[13:05] | but the answer is no. | 但还是被拒绝了 |
[13:06] | No service until the party is fully seated. | 只有等全部人就坐后他们才会开始提供服务 |
[13:09] | I did get drinks. | 不过我拿到了几杯酒 |
[13:13] | Parochial fucking posture. | 真他娘的死板 |
[13:17] | We have Chuck declared legally dead, | 要不告诉他们查克死了 不会来了 |
[13:19] | and in ten minutes, | 这样十分钟后 |
[13:21] | we are sawing into bison rib eyes. | 咱们就能吃上肋眼牛排了 |
[13:23] | Agreed? | 你们意下如何 |
[13:26] | I’ll get him. | 我去叫他 |
[13:31] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[13:33] | Again, I understand. | 我真的明白 |
[13:37] | But I’d like to meet in person | 但我还是想当面 |
[13:38] | to tell you what I plan to do about it. | 告诉你我打算怎么做 |
[13:42] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[13:43] | And I await word from your office. | 期待你们的答复 |
[13:45] | – Jesus Christ. – We’re eating. | – 苍了个天 – 我们在吃饭 |
[13:48] | Well, we’re not eating. | 呃 不是在吃 |
[13:50] | We’re waiting for you so that we can eat. | 我们是在等你过来一块儿吃 |
[13:52] | Ira, what I have an appetite for won’t arrive on a plate. | 艾拉 对我胃口的东西可不会出现在餐桌上 |
[13:55] | I know, buddy, | 我知道 伙计 |
[13:56] | but sitting up here seething’s no good for you. | 但怒气冲冲地坐在这里对你没有任何好处 |
[13:58] | You’ve been dinged. You have no momentum. | 你已经下台了 虎落平阳 |
[14:00] | No one’s going to touch you right now. | 当下不会有人愿意与你接触的 |
[14:01] | I’m aware, but the last time I felt like myself | 我知道啊 但上次我感觉找回自我的时候 |
[14:04] | was on the floor of that chamber. | 就是在那个议事厅里 |
[14:06] | Win or lose, it’s where I belong. | 无论输赢 我属于那里 |
[14:10] | So why can’t you act like my Chuck Bodak | 所以你为什么不能做一回我的查克·博达克 |
[14:12] | and close my cut so I can answer the next bell? | 替我处理好伤口 以迎接下一回合战斗呢 |
[14:14] | Sometimes a good cornerman throws in the towel | 有时候优秀的场边助手会在选手不自量力时 |
[14:16] | when his fighter is too game but overmatched. | 替他们扔毛巾认输 |
[14:18] | Oh, don’t you dare. | 你敢这么做试试 |
[14:25] | Look. | 听着 |
[14:26] | They won’t serve the table until we’re all seated, | 只有一桌人全都到齐了才会开始上菜 |
[14:28] | and I don’t look forward to any of our crew | 我可不希望我们中的任何人 |
[14:30] | in a hypoglycemic state. | 饿到低血糖 |
[14:32] | Five minutes, and you get your food, | 就五分钟 等你们上菜开吃后 |
[14:35] | and then I’m back to the phones. | 我就回房继续打电话 |
[14:39] | I want to tell you something. | 我想告诉你们 |
[14:41] | This gristle is as good as anything I’ve ever ingested. | 这脆骨绝了 比我吃过的任何食物都要美味 |
[14:43] | Sorry, Chuck, I snagged your seat. | 骚瑞 查克 我抢了你的座 |
[14:45] | I didn’t know you’d be joining us. | 我都不知道你会跟我们一起吃饭 |
[14:47] | A surprise to us all. | 我们每个人都很意外 |
[14:49] | Oh, I doubt that. | 真的吗 我不信 |
[14:50] | Sure, there might have been some rhyme to my reason. | 当然 这其中或许有我的道理 |
[14:52] | Oh, yeah, your father called me in | 没错 你老爹叫我过来 |
[14:54] | to offer you my array of special therapies. | 给你提供一些特殊疗法 |
[14:56] | NADs to lengthen your telomeres. | 利用NAD辅酶增加你的端粒长度 |
[14:58] | And that’s the fountain of youth, my man. | 即可青春永驻 我的老弟 |
[15:00] | Or if that’s too exotic for you, how about some PRT– | 如果你觉得这疗法太新奇了 那不如试试PRT |
[15:02] | “platelet replacement therapy”? | “血小板替代疗法” |
[15:04] | I’ll just give you a shot in the scalp, | 只用在你的头皮上打一针 |
[15:05] | you’ll be looking like Oscar Gamble in three months. | 三个月后你会跟奥斯卡·甘布尔一样发量惊人 |
[15:07] | Or blast you in the cock, now you’re Jeff Stryker. | 或者给鸡儿来一针 拥有杰夫·史崔克同款巨根 |
[15:09] | I can remake you into whatever man or woman | 我可以把你改造成任何你想成为的人 |
[15:11] | that you want to be, cookie. | 男的女的都行 宝贝 |
[15:13] | I’m in need of neither detoxification, | 我既不需要解毒 |
[15:14] | nor concierge medical cocktails. | 也不需要特约鸡尾酒疗法 |
[15:17] | Mm. I’ll be the judge, | 嗯 我在这些方面 |
[15:18] | jury, and executioner on that one. | 可是权威 |
[15:20] | And I’ve already rendered my verdict. | 我已经有定论了 |
[15:21] | – Look at that pallor. – Oh. | – 看你都虚成什么样了 – 噢 |
[15:23] | We’re just going to fire up your frank and beans. | 我们要让你重振雄风 |
[15:25] | You’re going to be like mnh-mnh! | 让你每天都有使不完的劲儿 |
[15:26] | Why don’t you listen to the Doc, son. | 你为什么不听医生的意见呢 儿子 |
[15:28] | We all could use a little modern-day Geritol. | 我们都能用些现代的灵丹妙药给自己补补 |
[15:30] | – Especially you. – Nope. No time. | – 尤其是你更需要 – 不 没那工夫 |
[15:31] | I have to get back to the room. | 我得回房间了 |
[15:32] | I’m glad you’ve got your repast. | 很高兴看到你们上菜了 |
[15:34] | Just, uh, have them send mine up. | 让服务生把我的那份送到房间去就行 |
[15:36] | I see, now, why… why are you in… | 我知道了 不过你怎么 |
[15:38] | in such a hurry to get back to your room? | 怎么急着要回房间 |
[15:40] | You got yourself a wonderful lady up there? | 楼上有佳人等候吗 |
[15:43] | Huh? If so, the Doc has a special, uh… | 如果是这样 医生有特别的 呃 |
[15:45] | Calls, Dad. Making calls. | 是电话 老爹 我要打电话 |
[15:49] | I told him to give it a rest. He doesn’t listen. | 我让他好好放松 他不肯听 |
[15:57] | Can adults be colicky? | 成年人会肠绞痛吗 |
[15:59] | No. Wait, what do you think that means? | 不会 等等 你以为那是什么意思 |
[16:00] | Wait, cranky, out of sorts, like you are right now. | 说等等 暴躁 心情不好 就像你现在 |
[16:04] | I’m not colicky. | 我没有肠绞痛 |
[16:06] | Out of sorts, I’ll allow, sure. | 心情不好 我能接受 很正常 |
[16:08] | And a little cranky. Fuck. | 居然还暴躁 靠 |
[16:10] | Give me a Binky and a blankie and a bottle, please. | 快哄哄我 我需要奶嘴奶瓶和毯子 |
[16:12] | Bartender, can I get a boilermaker? | 酒保 来份加啤威士忌 |
[16:14] | Only instead of beer, | 杯子里不要放啤酒 |
[16:16] | can you throw baby formula in that tumbler? | 换成婴幼儿奶粉 |
[16:18] | You always cheer me up, Mafee. | 玛斐 你总能逗我笑 |
[16:19] | So glad you could switch our weekly to tonight. | 我很高兴 你把每周的约会改成今天 |
[16:21] | Tomorrow, I have to go to an all-hands | 明天 我要参加一场全员会议 |
[16:23] | at Michael Prince’s house. | 在迈克尔·普林斯家 |
[16:25] | That sounds… maybe threatening? | 听起来 有点危险 |
[16:26] | I don’t know. | 说不好 |
[16:28] | Is he going to fire the entire place? | 他要把整个地方烧了吗 |
[16:29] | Not sure. | 有可能 |
[16:30] | Maybe I’d be better off. Remove the engine limiter. | 也许我不插手最好 拿掉引擎限制器 |
[16:33] | Because as is, he neutralizes certain of my moves, | 因为实际上 他阻止了我的一些动作 |
[16:36] | for reasons only he’s privy to. | 还不告诉别人原因 |
[16:37] | I’d offer you a spot at High Plains, | 我想邀请你来高原公司 |
[16:39] | – but we can’t afford to pay you. – Oh, no? | – 可我们付不起你的工资 – 这样吗 |
[16:40] | What about your million in crypto from Axe? | 你不是从阿克塞那偷偷拿到一百万吗 |
[16:42] | You must have arbed it ten, fifteen X. | 用它套利肯定翻了十倍 十五倍 |
[16:44] | – Where’s it at? – Don’t know. | – 钱去哪儿了 – 不知道 |
[16:46] | Don’t know how much? | 不知道有多少吗 |
[16:47] | I don’t think about it. | 我没有关心那笔钱 |
[16:49] | What the fuck does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[16:50] | You didn’t think about how much you could have made | 你不关心用百万美金能赚多少 |
[16:52] | with a million bucks of free electric lightning on a drive? | 还是在一路畅通无阻的情况下 |
[16:54] | I didn’t. | 是的 |
[16:55] | Mafee, you could have turned that 15 times, 20. | 玛斐 你可以把它变成十五倍 二十倍的 |
[16:59] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 好吧 – 好 |
[17:00] | It is very much not okay. | 一点都不好 |
[17:02] | It is with me, and it’s my money. | 这是我的事 我的钱 |
[17:03] | So I left it alone. | 所以我没管它 |
[17:06] | If I had gotten in the game with gifted coin, | 因为如果我入局了 用这笔无意之财 |
[17:08] | with something that just landed in my lap, | 它就这么掉到我手里 |
[17:10] | I would have started obsessing, you know me. | 我会沉迷其中 你知道我的 |
[17:12] | I would have tried to figure out every single possible move | 我会开始计算每一种可能性 |
[17:15] | until no other move was possible, | 直到无路可走 |
[17:17] | and then figure it out more. | 然后继续算计 |
[17:19] | It would have owned me, instead of me owning it. | 它会掌控我 而不是我掌控它 |
[17:22] | And I don’t want to be owned like that. | 我不愿像那样被支配 |
[17:23] | I don’t understand how that can make you happy. | 我无法理解 为什么现在你觉得很满足 |
[17:28] | Look, I know the theory. | 道理我懂 |
[17:30] | It’s immoral to let a sucker keep his money. | 在牌桌上 不赢光菜鸡的钱才是不道德的 |
[17:33] | And the market is the sucker. | 市场的确是菜鸡 |
[17:36] | But the whole snorting Cymbalta and grinding, | 但整个过程就像碾碎欣百达再吸食 |
[17:39] | it just wasn’t making me happy. | 让我觉得难受 |
[17:41] | Is it making you happy? | 你会因此高兴吗 |
[17:57] | Wags said you’d let yourself in. | 瓦格斯说了你自己能进来 |
[17:59] | I have your self-research. | 我手上有对你的研究资料 |
[18:02] | Some campaign advice too. | 还有一些竞选意见 |
[18:04] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[18:06] | Don’t run. | 不要逃避 |
[18:07] | Your life, your family’s lives will be upended, | 你的生活 你家人的生活都将颠覆 |
[18:11] | twisted beyond recognition. | 变得面目全非 |
[18:14] | Win or lose, you’ll never get it back. | 无论输赢 你都回不去了 |
[18:17] | I have to run. | 不逃不行 |
[18:19] | Good. | 好吧 |
[18:21] | Only kind of person who should. | 你是唯一会这么做的 |
[18:26] | Why two? | 为什么有两份 |
[18:27] | This is the one anyone can get. | 这份是所有人都能拿到的 |
[18:30] | This is the one only I can. | 而这份只有我有 |
[18:34] | So, you’re the one, aren’t you… | 所以你是那个人 对吧 |
[18:38] | that helped Axelrod beat us every single time? | 每次都帮阿克塞尔罗德打败我们 |
[18:44] | All that matters is, | 重要的是 |
[18:46] | I’m on your side now. | 现在我站在你这边 |
[19:12] | It’s a good thing you’re in the private sector. | 你在私企是好事 |
[19:14] | At least I know I’m not getting rousted. | 至少我知道不会被你赶走 |
[19:15] | I should roust your paternalistic self anyway. | 不管怎样 我应该轰走你的家长作风 |
[19:18] | Little intense, Kate. | 别激动 凯特 |
[19:19] | Notch it back a notch and a half or so. | 如果输了 就再扳回一局两局 |
[19:21] | Maybe if you’d let me fail once or twice, | 如果你让我失败一两次 |
[19:22] | I wouldn’t have to bring it like this, | 或许我不会像现在这样 |
[19:24] | but this wasn’t your way, was it? | 但你不会那样做 不是吗 |
[19:25] | Why fail when you don’t have to? | 为什么要失败 你明明不会输 |
[19:27] | Well, this is about a time where I should have, | 我是时候该迎接一次失败了 |
[19:29] | in boarding school. | 在寄宿学校 |
[19:31] | – You were a superstar there. – I was. | – 你是那里的超级明星 – 是 |
[19:33] | And as I’m sure you remember, I ended up engaging | 而且你一定记得 最后 |
[19:35] | in a bit of civil disobedience | 我参加了非暴力反抗 |
[19:37] | which ended up in the storming of the admin building. | 最终演变成行政大楼的动荡 |
[19:39] | What I remember is that it was peaceful | 我记得事情一开始很平和 |
[19:41] | until you hurled a paperweight through a pane glass window | 直到你扔了块镇纸 打破了窗玻璃片 |
[19:44] | and the whole place went up Do the Right Thing-style. | 掀起了行正义之事的浪潮 |
[19:46] | Nothing burned. Nobody died. | 没有着火 没有人死亡 |
[19:48] | And I was never embarrassed about my part in it. | 我也从未因此感到羞愧 |
[19:50] | I knew there would be consequences, | 我开始就知道会有后果 |
[19:51] | and I was willing to face them. | 我也愿意面对 |
[19:53] | Well, one must be willing when one performs civil disobedience. | 参加非暴力反抗必须自愿面对后果 |
[19:56] | The risk is what makes it hard to do. | 因为有风险 所以难做 |
[19:59] | And you did pay the price. | 而且你付出代价了 |
[20:00] | You were suspended for, what, two weeks? | 你停学了多久 两周 |
[20:02] | Yes. Yes, I was. | 没错 我是停学了 |
[20:04] | And that was it. | 事情到此为止 |
[20:05] | Which was strange, because some of the other kids | 但很奇怪 因为有别的孩子 |
[20:08] | had notes put in their files, | 他们的档案里有记录这件事 |
[20:09] | and their colleges bounced their acceptances because of it. | 因为有记录 他们被大学取消录取 |
[20:13] | Not me, though. | 但我没有 |
[20:14] | Which I thought was because of the ways | 我原以为 这是因为 |
[20:16] | that I contributed at school… | 我在学校的表现好 |
[20:17] | student government, sports and theater and all of it. | 学生会 运动会 戏剧表演等等 |
[20:20] | That is why. | 这就是原因 |
[20:21] | You paid the headmaster’s mortgage off, in cash, | 你用现金 帮校长还清了按揭贷款 |
[20:25] | so she wouldn’t send a note to college, | 她才没给大学发那件事的档案 |
[20:27] | and they wouldn’t rescind my admission. | 所以我的入学资格没有取消 |
[20:29] | And I’d do it again. | 重来一次我还会这么做 |
[20:32] | You were right to protest. | 你去抗议是对的 |
[20:33] | And you earned your way into school. | 你也值得进入大学 |
[20:36] | The end. | 就是这样 |
[20:37] | Folks with a much longer tenure at the seat of power | 那些长期任职的掌权者 |
[20:39] | and influence have been doing this stuff for generations, | 有势力的人 他们世代都在欺辱霸凌他人 |
[20:42] | to people like us. | 霸凌我们这样的人 |
[20:43] | Why wouldn’t we safeguard | 为什么我们不能守卫 |
[20:45] | our own forward progress? | 自己的进阶之路 |
[20:46] | Yours? | 你的进阶之路 |
[20:47] | This isn’t about me, Kate, | 凯特 这跟我 |
[20:48] | or what I did. | 和我的做法无关 |
[20:49] | You don’t care about any of that. | 那些你毫不关心 |
[20:51] | You’re distracting yourself, | 你让自己分心了 |
[20:52] | worrying about the externals, | 为表面情况担心 |
[20:53] | about all the things outside of yourself | 操心所有超出你能力范围 |
[20:55] | that are impacting your life. | 影响你生活的事情 |
[20:57] | Grow the hell up and realize | 成熟点 要知道 |
[20:58] | the only thing you can control is you. | 你唯一能控制的 是你自己 |
[21:01] | And next time you surprise me, | 下次给我惊喜的时候 |
[21:02] | bring a cake and some candles | 带上蛋糕和蜡烛 |
[21:04] | and get ready to sing me a goddamn song. | 给我唱支该死的生日歌 |
[21:49] | I see we’re both of the Jimmy Conway school. | 我发现我们都属于吉米·康威一派 |
[21:51] | Early to the meet. | 约会早到 |
[21:53] | Yeah, well, me more than you, it seems. | 没错 看起来我更像他 |
[21:58] | How goes it? | 一切还好吗 |
[22:00] | There’s a psychological term | 有个心理学术语 |
[22:02] | for thinking that once you see someone do something, | 是说一旦看见别人做某事 |
[22:05] | you can repeat the action, unaided. | 就认为自己也能做到 无需帮助 |
[22:08] | Dunning-Kruger, sure. | 确实 邓宁-克鲁格效应 |
[22:10] | Spyros is a walking example of it. | 斯皮罗斯就是很好的证明 |
[22:11] | – Except for coffee. – Yeah. Inflated self-assessment. | – 除了会泡咖啡 – 是的 自我膨胀 |
[22:14] | That’s him, except with the beans. | 他就是那样 虽然很懂咖啡豆 |
[22:18] | Wild, though. | 这话草率 |
[22:20] | Seems the less you know how to do something, | 但貌似越不懂的事 |
[22:21] | the more you’re willing to believe you can accomplish it. | 人越会觉得自己能做到 |
[22:24] | The flip side is that optimists live longer than pessimists, | 换一个角度 乐天派比悲观主义者更能生存 |
[22:27] | and aren’t as easily dissuaded from learning things. | 学习事物时 没那么容易放弃 |
[22:30] | At the early stages of learning, yeah. | 刚开始学习时是这样 |
[22:34] | But when things get hard, | 但一旦事情变得棘手 |
[22:35] | that’s when pessimists put shoulder into sled and push, | 悲观主义者会全力以赴 |
[22:39] | because to them, | 因为对他们而言 |
[22:41] | everything is difficult. | 每件事都很困难 |
[22:42] | So exertion is the only reasonable choice. | 唯一合理的选择 就是用尽全力 |
[22:45] | Like most things, what you want is to be able to control | 多数情况下 你都希望 |
[22:47] | your emotional range enough to trigger whichever is more useful | 能控制自己的情绪反应 触发更有用的东西 |
[22:50] | in the micro-moment. | 在微时刻 |
[22:53] | Do you do this consciously? Did you build this consciously? | 你是故意的吗 你是有意建造这栋房子的吗 |
[22:55] | Oh, this is fun. Is this what we’re doing here? | 有意思 我们见面就是为了讨论这些吗 |
[22:57] | Well, we’re here to investigate, that’s for sure. | 我们是来研究的 这点没错 |
[22:59] | Yeah, it’s fun as fuck. | 是很好玩 |
[23:01] | Maybe almost as fun as the state senate session was for you. | 几乎跟州参议院会议一样有趣 |
[23:05] | The Albany Massacre. | 奥尔巴尼大屠杀 |
[23:06] | So that’s why you summoned me, | 这才是你找我的原因 |
[23:08] | to upbraid me for taking out Chuck. | 谴责我拿掉查克的职位 |
[23:10] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不是这样 |
[23:11] | But I am fascinated by the choices you made to do it, | 不过我很惊叹 你决定这么做 |
[23:15] | how you did it, why you did, why you did it the way you did. | 这么做的方式 以及你这么做的原因 |
[23:18] | And I will need answers. | 我有疑惑 |
[23:20] | But not for the reasons you think. | 但原因不是你想的那样 |
[23:21] | Why, then? | 那是为什么 |
[23:25] | You asked me a while back to do the real thing with you, | 不久之前 你说要一起做有意义的事 |
[23:28] | to sharpen your blade. | 做你的磨刀石 |
[23:30] | And maybe your moves got me to the place | 或许你的所作所为 |
[23:31] | where I’m ready to do that. | 让我准备好这么做了 |
[23:33] | What’s the source of the maybe? Why isn’t it a firm… | 为什么是或许 为什么不是肯定 |
[23:36] | Because you haven’t answered my fucking questions yet. | 因为你丫的还没回答我的问题 |
[23:37] | – You haven’t asked them. – Oh, well… | – 你还没有问 – 这个嘛 |
[23:42] | as Pitbull said, | 就如嘻哈斗牛梗所唱 |
[23:43] | “Get ready, ’cause here I come.” | “准备好 因为我来了” |
[23:50] | The immersion chamber is my journey into isolation | 沉浸室让我进入与世隔绝的状态 |
[23:53] | and emotional resets. | 重塑情绪 |
[23:55] | A series of colored lights | 几束彩光 |
[23:56] | and soft but urgent sounds will surround you. | 还有柔和但紧促的声响环绕着你 |
[23:59] | You don’t close your eyes, | 你不需要闭上眼睛 |
[24:01] | you simply watch and let the experience flow over you. | 只需要静静欣赏 让真实的感受在体内流动 |
[24:11] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[24:13] | I feel like a 12-year-old again, | 我觉得自己重返十二岁了 |
[24:15] | but before my pet dog died. | 我的狗还没死的时候 |
[24:17] | We should put this in everyone’s house. | 我们应该把这个装置送进所有人家里 |
[24:19] | I think we’d end all strife, wars, and conflict. | 这样就能结束所有争斗 战争和冲突 |
[24:21] | That’s what everybody says | 人们第一次吃迷幻蘑菇之后 |
[24:23] | the first time they do magic mushrooms too, | 也是这么说的 |
[24:25] | but somehow the wars and strife just seem to keep on going. | 然而战争和冲突似乎并没有消失 |
[24:29] | Perhaps you’ll solve that problem today. | 或许今天你就可以解决这个难题了 |
[24:31] | We find this process refreshes and renews the mind. | 我们发现这个过程可以刷新重塑灵魂 |
[24:34] | It’s very Altered States. | 和灵魂大搜索很像 |
[24:35] | So, uh, a naked Blair Brown | 所以 一个裸体的布莱尔·布朗 |
[24:37] | will come save me from my homunculus self? | 会来拯救我于这具矮小的躯体吗 |
[24:40] | Was that the first Chayefsky reference around here? | 这里之前没人引用过查耶夫斯基的话吗 |
[24:44] | How can that be? | 怎么会这样呢 |
[24:45] | All right, you know what? | 好了 |
[24:47] | Let’s just get in. | 让我体验一下吧 |
[24:48] | There’s a red panic button, | 这里有个红色的应急恐慌按钮 |
[24:50] | but you won’t panic. | 但你会没事的 |
[24:51] | – You’ll be safe the whole time. – Uh-huh. | – 整个过程很安全 – 好的 |
[24:53] | And I’ll be monitoring your progress. | 我会全程看着 |
[24:55] | You’re not alone, but you’re completely isolated. | 你不孤单 但你会完全与世隔绝 |
[24:57] | It’s comforting. | 很舒服 |
[24:59] | Just try and stay present. See you on the other side. | 尽量保持状态 我们一会见 |
[25:34] | This isn’t an intake. | 这不是心理咨询 |
[25:35] | This isn’t about meds. It isn’t patient/client. | 也不是药物咨询 你不是我的病人或者客户 |
[25:38] | This a performance coaching session. | 这是绩效辅导 |
[25:43] | That work for you, if that’s my focus? | 如果是这样 你觉得可以吗 |
[25:45] | It all works for me… in your hands. | 只要是你 我都可以 |
[25:50] | That something you’re used to? | 你经常这样吗 |
[25:52] | Putting yourself in someone else’s hands? | 把自己交到某个人手里 |
[25:53] | Depends on the grip. But, yes, I can delegate. | 看情况 但确实 我会把事情委托给别人 |
[25:56] | I can relinquish control. I can free myself of the yoke. | 我可以放弃控制 停止操纵 |
[26:01] | I can trust. | 我会去信任别人 |
[26:02] | Then why didn’t you relinquish control | 那为什么你不能放弃 |
[26:03] | of the state senate session? | 对于参议院会议的控制呢 |
[26:05] | Trust that it would get done without your presence. | 相信如果你不出席事情也能办成 |
[26:08] | Define “it.” | 解释一下 什么事情 |
[26:09] | It wasn’t enough for you to take down Chuck. | 你不满足于扳倒查克 |
[26:14] | You needed to be there to watch it. | 你需要在那里亲眼见证 |
[26:17] | Is that for vengeance? | 是为了报仇吗 |
[26:19] | Certainty? Credit? Voyeurism? | 还是为了确认 功绩 还是想要窥探隐私 |
[26:21] | Ah, so this is a reaction to what I did to your ex? | 你还是对我对你前夫所做的一切不满 |
[26:25] | Are you–? | 你是不是… |
[26:26] | You did what had to be done, | 你做了必须要完成的事情 |
[26:28] | with an efficacy that made me curious enough | 背后的动机让我很感兴趣 |
[26:29] | to want to engage with you here. | 所以想和你聊聊 |
[26:31] | That, plus the all-hands, | 并且 全员会议 |
[26:33] | tells me you are evolving | 让我觉得你在进化 |
[26:35] | into the next version of who you are. | 变成下一个阶段的自己 |
[26:37] | The question is why, to all of it. | 问题是 你为什么要做这一切 |
[26:40] | I needed to be there to make sure it happened. | 我到场是要确保事情成功 |
[26:43] | Yeah, sure, you needed to be behind the scenes. | 当然 你本来只需要站在幕后 |
[26:45] | But instead, you let yourself be seen. | 但是 你却选择出现在众目睽睽之下 |
[26:47] | Photographed, even. | 甚至被拍到照片 |
[26:48] | No one knew how powerful | 罗伯特·摩西去世很久之后 |
[26:50] | Robert Moses was till he was long gone. | 大家才知道他的权力有多大 |
[26:52] | That was from a time when behind-the-scenes power | 那个时候幕后势力 |
[26:54] | meant more than power displayed. | 比明面上的权力更有意义 |
[26:57] | That’s all changed now. | 现在不是这样了 |
[26:59] | Credit must be logged. | 功劳必须被记录在案 |
[27:00] | Yeah. Yes. | 是的 没错 |
[27:02] | The show of personal force recalibrates expectations. | 展示个人影响力可以调整预期结果 |
[27:06] | Not only in the public sphere, but here as well. | 不仅在公共领域 在这里也一样 |
[27:09] | My power in this place was never in dispute. | 大家对我在这里的权势没有异议 |
[27:12] | It’s more than that. | 没那么简单 |
[27:13] | It’s the one-two punch: Albany, now the all-hands. | 这是组合拳 先是奥尔巴尼 然后是全体会议 |
[27:16] | Yeah, sets them up for a knockout. | 没错 这是为了一击毙命 |
[27:18] | – Who? – Everyone. | – 毙谁的命 – 所有人 |
[27:19] | Well, it sure got everyone here rattled. | 至少让大家人人自危了 |
[27:22] | I just heard Prince is behind Chuck Rhoades going down. | 我听说查克·罗兹下台是普林斯动的手脚 |
[27:25] | If he could do that to Rhoades, none of us is safe. | 如果他能这么对罗兹 我们都很危险 |
[27:27] | You shouldn’t believe rumors like that. | 你不该相信这些传言 |
[27:29] | Right. He’s not the kind of man who would– | 你说得对 他不是那种… |
[27:32] | How would he even…? | 他怎么可能… |
[27:35] | Fuck, you’re right. | 靠 你是对的 |
[27:38] | All-hands or a coronation? | 全体会议还是他个人的加冕仪式 |
[27:40] | Either way, executions are a-coming. | 无论是哪个 他都要动手了 |
[27:43] | He wasn’t just there. Prince did him, is what I heard. | 他不仅在场 我听说 普林斯扳倒了查克 |
[27:46] | How would Prince have “done him”? | 怎么会是普利斯“扳倒他”的呢 |
[27:47] | It’s state senate vote | 是参议院投票 |
[27:48] | parliamentary procedure. | 议会程序决定让查克下台的 |
[27:49] | Sure. And Dr. Fowler was a suicide. | 当然 福勒医生还说是自杀呢 |
[27:49] | Sure. And Dr. Fowler was a suicide. | 乔治·弗洛伊德案的法医 认为弗洛伊德死于心脏失常和一氧化碳中毒 反驳之前判定的他杀 |
[27:51] | Anyway, we can meet at my apartment at the open | 不管怎么样 大家可以到我家商量对策 |
[27:53] | to organize ourselves against whatever grilling | 无论他要怎么审问我们 |
[27:54] | he’s going to give us. | 都提前做好准备 |
[27:55] | – We were gonna watch a movie. – Angel Heart. Obviously. | – 我们要一起看电影 – 《天使之心》对吧 |
[27:59] | You, too, Rian? | 你也要看吗 利婉 |
[28:00] | I didn’t mean to get sucked into his insanity, | 我本来没想受他这个疯子影响 |
[28:02] | but then I started watching, | 但开始看之后 |
[28:04] | and it’s so weird and nihilistic, | 内容实在是太诡异了 充满了虚无主义 |
[28:06] | and I think maybe perfect. | 我觉得或许正合适 |
[28:07] | We’ve just about figured out what the fans mean. | 我们差不多要弄清楚那些风扇的意义了 |
[28:09] | They seem to start spinning at the strangest times. | 它们似乎总是在最蹊跷的时刻开始转动 |
[28:11] | But, yes, tomorrow. We’ll be there. | 是的 明天我们会去的 |
[28:14] | Obviously. We’re working. | 会去的 我们要工作 |
[28:16] | You’re not a man who does things by accident | 你做事不会是突发奇想 |
[28:18] | or who relies on fate, | 或者全凭运气 |
[28:20] | so you knew the effect your actions would have. | 所以你知道这些行动会产生什么影响 |
[28:22] | Want to tell me what you were hoping the employees would feel? | 能说说你想象中员工的感受吗 |
[28:27] | I was thinking about Chuck. | 我想到了查克 |
[28:29] | I was thinking about my broader outside agenda, about… | 想到了我更加宏伟的外部议程 还有 |
[28:33] | Motherfucker! | 你他妈的 |
[28:34] | Whoa! | 妈呀 |
[28:36] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:37] | It’s an old carny trick picked up by behavioralists. | 这是一个行为主义的古老把戏 |
[28:40] | Breaks the pattern. | 打破定式 |
[28:41] | Now say the words that you’ve said to yourself | 现在告诉我 你对自己说过 |
[28:44] | but don’t want to say out loud | 但不想大声说出来的话 |
[28:46] | for fear they will mark you an egoist or a fool. | 因为你怕这会让自己看起来自大或者愚蠢 |
[28:49] | Good. This is good. This is all good. | 很好 非常好 |
[28:51] | Stop trying to prolong it so you can think of what to say | 别想拖延时间来思考要说的话 |
[28:53] | and say the words. | 现在就开始讲 |
[28:56] | The Prince Cappers, most of them still at heart, | 普林斯资本大多数员工在心里 |
[28:59] | are holding back. | 都有所保留 |
[29:00] | They know I’m formidable– | 他们知道我很可怕 |
[29:02] | They don’t truly fear you. | 他们不是真的害怕你 |
[29:03] | And they’re aware of how good I am, but– | 他们发现我其实还不错 但是… |
[29:06] | But you need their respect. | 但你需要他们的尊重 |
[29:07] | Most of all, I need them to… | 最重要的是 我需要… |
[29:09] | Ah. Oh. | 天哪 |
[29:11] | Love. | 爱 |
[29:17] | You want to be loved. | 你想要被爱 |
[29:22] | It’s easy for a man like you to get one of those. | 像你这样的人 能轻易得到其中一点 |
[29:26] | I need all three. | 我三者都要 |
[29:28] | I don’t like to admit that, but it’s true. | 我不想承认 但就是这样 |
[29:32] | It’s what I demand. | 这是我渴求的东西 |
[29:39] | Hey, fucking Richie. Fucking Richie. | 该死的里奇 该死的里奇 |
[29:41] | Hey, fucking Richie. What do you mean, who? | 喂 里奇狗东西 你说什么 谁 |
[29:44] | It’s Ron. | 是我 罗恩 |
[29:46] | Yes, Ron! Ron fucking Chestnut! | 对啊 罗恩 我是他妈的罗恩·切斯特纳特 |
[29:49] | The big fucking R, kid. | 老子就是大罗 |
[29:51] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[29:52] | What did you think, it was your ex-wife’s fucking divorce lawyer | 你以为是你前妻找的离婚律师 |
[29:55] | honking at you? | 打给你的吗 |
[29:58] | What? | 什么 |
[30:00] | Honk! Honk! Honk! | 叮铃铃 |
[30:01] | Pay up, douchebag… | 付钱付钱 你这个人渣 |
[30:04] | Huh? | 怎么了 |
[30:05] | Oh. Hold on. | 等等 |
[30:07] | Yeah, I–I–I see your little sign, dear. | 好的 我我我看到这个标志了 |
[30:09] | Sir, for the experience to be its most efficacious, | 先生 为了保证体验效果 |
[30:13] | silence is absolutely needed. | 您需要保持安静 |
[30:15] | Oh, well, I am almost done with my call. | 我电话就要打完了 |
[30:17] | And it’s almost my turn to get all efficacious | 反正也快要轮到我 |
[30:20] | up in there anyway, so… | 去里面体验了 所以 |
[30:22] | – Hey, buddy, you done? – He has 12 minutes left. | – 老哥 你结束了吧 – 他还剩十二分钟 |
[30:24] | No, I think I can afford to give it up. | 不用了 剩下的时间我不做了 |
[30:26] | You need it more than I do. | 你比我更需要 |
[30:27] | Call you back. Funny guy, huh? | 一会儿打给你 搞笑人 |
[30:31] | Yeah. Thanks all the same. | 随便你吧 谢谢 |
[30:34] | Ahem, so, uh, what do I do now? | 所以 我要怎么做 |
[30:36] | I strip? A little tighty-whitie action? | 我要脱裤子吗 只穿内裤 |
[30:38] | No, sir, fully clothed. | 不用 先生 不用脱衣服 |
[30:40] | Ew. Boo. | 唉哟 |
[30:42] | Color me disappointed. | 真是扫兴 |
[30:45] | – You okay? All right, hit it. | – 你还好吗 – 我准备好了 按吧 |
[30:50] | Whew! | 哇 |
[30:54] | Oh, it’s like a fucking kaleidoscope! | 简直就像个万花筒 |
[30:57] | It’s a very cool sensory experience. | 很不错的感官体验 |
[31:00] | Is this all it does? | 就只是这样吗 |
[31:01] | Very, and maybe it’ll work on him? | 非常不错 这对他会有效果吗 |
[31:03] | I just hope he doesn’t break it. | 我只希望他不会弄坏机器 |
[31:06] | Look at this. Let me take a video. | 看看这个 我要打个视频 |
[31:08] | Hey, this is me! | 是我 |
[31:09] | This is me inside the peyote machine! | 我在一个仙人掌一样的机器里 |
[31:12] | I can see how losing the Olympics | 我可以看出来 丢掉奥运会举办权 |
[31:15] | would put you in a, uh, | 把你推入了 |
[31:16] | vengeance and consolidation of power mode. | 报仇的旋涡中 还想要稳固权力 |
[31:19] | – That tracks. – I agree. | – 这很正常 – 我同意 |
[31:20] | Yeah, especially with the bribery and dirty dealings | 尤其是当初需自进行贿赂和肮脏交易 |
[31:22] | required to have gotten the Games in the first place. | 才能赢得奥运会 |
[31:24] | That’s the first time you’ve stepped out of line. | 这是你第一次越界 |
[31:26] | – Back it up. – If I back it up, | – 退回去 – 如果我不这么做 |
[31:27] | it’s out the door. Gone, baby, gone. | 它被扫地出门了 宝贝 再不会回来 |
[31:30] | I don’t work with people who hold back from me. | 我不和对我有所保留的人一起工作 |
[31:33] | You wrangled. | 你争论 |
[31:35] | Manipulated. Pressured. Extorted. Paid folks off. | 操控 打压 敲诈 解雇他人 |
[31:38] | And I’m okay with that. I’m fine with someone like you | 我觉着没什么关系 你不择手段 |
[31:40] | doing that which is required. | 是为了完成任务 我没意见 |
[31:43] | That’s not the problem. | 那都不是问题 |
[31:44] | – But there is a problem. – Yeah. | – 但是确实有问题存在 – 是的 |
[31:46] | – What’s that? – You’re a fucking liar. | – 有什么问题 – 你太爱撒谎 |
[31:47] | Worse, the person you tell the biggest lies to is yourself. | 更糟的是 你最大的谎是对自己撒的 |
[31:50] | You spend so much time twisting yourself up into knots | 你花费了太多时间来拐弯抹角地骗自己 |
[31:54] | trying to make yourself believe that your aim is true | 告诉自己你的目标是真实的 |
[31:57] | and noble and good. | 优秀且高尚的 |
[31:58] | You almost make yourself believe it. | 你差点就让自己相信了 |
[32:00] | You wanted a burning bush to tell you that what you did | 你想要通过搅局来告诉你自己 |
[32:02] | to get this hedge fund was good and right. | 为了得到这家对冲基金所作的行为是正确的 |
[32:03] | All you have is your own conscience burning. | 但是真正在搅乱的只有你的良心 |
[32:05] | Please. The guy who was here before me… | 得了吧 我前任的那个家伙… |
[32:08] | – No. – Yes. | – 别说了 – 不 |
[32:09] | We’re gonna talk about this. | 我们得谈谈这个 |
[32:10] | He wasn’t similarly called? | 他不也是类似的人吗 |
[32:11] | You don’t think the voice of power whispered to him and said, | 你不认为权力在他耳边低语 |
[32:14] | “Do it all, have it all” | “去做吧 去拥有一切” |
[32:16] | You want to know? | 你这么想知道吗 |
[32:18] | Axe wanted freedom, total and complete. | 阿克塞 想要自由 绝对 彻底的自由 |
[32:21] | And the other guy, Chuck, he wants… | 另外一个家伙 查克 他想要… |
[32:24] | he needs a righteous war | 他需要正义的战争 |
[32:25] | and you gave them both exactly what they asked for. | 然后你给了他们各自想要的东西 |
[32:27] | No, I didn’t give Axe his freedom. | 不 我没有给阿克塞自由 |
[32:30] | I paid for it. | 我付了他的自由 |
[32:31] | And you want to know why Axe is satisfied with freedom? | 你知道为什么阿克塞满足于自由吗 |
[32:34] | Why Chuck is priapic for warfare? | 为什么查克这么崇拜战争吗 |
[32:37] | Why conquest and victory is enough for them? | 为什么征服与胜利对他们来说足够了 |
[32:39] | Because they are lesser Caesars. | 因为他们是低段位的征服者 |
[32:43] | You want to be a greater Caesar? | 你想成为凯撒大帝吗 |
[32:46] | What are you going to do with all that power? | 你打算用这些权力做些什么 |
[32:50] | Pax Romana. | 罗马统治下的和平 |
[32:54] | I’m going to manifest it. | 我打算让它重出江湖 |
[32:57] | And you’re going to help me. | 你得帮我 |
[33:08] | The name plates are already changed. | 名牌这么快就改了吗 |
[33:09] | You work faster on this shit | 你速度还挺快的 |
[33:11] | than Patton updating the stars on his jeep. | 比巴顿的吉普车升级星星的速度还快 |
[33:13] | But I was too slow to get you on the “no fly” list at security. | 但我还没快到把你加到安保”禁飞”名单里 |
[33:18] | I’m guessing… | 我猜… |
[33:19] | you’re here to establish a détente. | 你是过来提议缓和政策的 |
[33:22] | A détente would presume that we’re still at war. | 缓和政策意味着我们仍在战争中 |
[33:25] | Skirmish is over, so let’s just, uh… | 小规模战斗是过去时了 所以…. |
[33:28] | how would you say it? | 怎么说呢 |
[33:30] | Keep the lines of dialogue open. | 继续保持联络通畅 |
[33:31] | And when I dialogue with you, what are we talking about? | 你说保持联络畅通 那我们该说些什么呢 |
[33:39] | It’s ironic, me here… | 这挺讽刺的 换我坐这 |
[33:42] | you there. | 你坐那里了 |
[33:44] | That was supposed to be my chair. | 这本来是我的椅子 |
[33:45] | If I had have stayed, I’d be sitting there. | 如果我留下的话 我就应该坐在那里 |
[33:47] | If you had stayed, Michael Prince would have had | 如果你留下的话 迈克尔·普林斯根本不知道 |
[33:49] | no idea how to remove Chuck. | 该怎么除掉查克 |
[33:51] | See? | 看吧 |
[33:53] | Ironic. | 讽刺吧 |
[33:54] | – Sure. – I understand you not wanting | – 当然 – 我理解你不想要告诉我 |
[33:56] | to give me a heads-up on how you’re steering the office. | 你下一步要怎么控制这间办公室 |
[33:59] | I wouldn’t. | 换我我也不会 |
[34:02] | Maybe you’re coming after us. | 也许你会针对我们 |
[34:04] | But, uh, maybe you’re sitting there | 但是 也许你坐在那里 |
[34:07] | and you’re seeing what I saw. | 看到了我看到的事情 |
[34:08] | That the world is more than billionaires | 世界上远远不是只有百万富翁 |
[34:11] | and the people who hate them. | 和仇富者这两类人 |
[34:13] | That you can prosecute the real inequalities. | 因此你可以去起诉真正的不平等 |
[34:16] | The ones that don’t put you in the crosshairs | 不会让你进入我现在的老板的 |
[34:19] | of my current boss. | 瞄准范围内的那种 |
[34:20] | Because? | 因为 |
[34:23] | Say the rest. | 把剩下的都说出来吧 |
[34:24] | You came here to say it. | 你过来不就是想说这些的么 |
[34:26] | The lever that got Chuck out still exists. | 让查克走人的手段仍然存在 |
[34:30] | Yes, it does. | 那是当然 |
[34:37] | I don’t know what my next move is. | 我不知道我接下来会采取什么行动 |
[34:40] | But I can tell you this. | 但是我能告诉你这个 |
[34:41] | You knew what Prince was planning for Chuck, | 你早就知道普林斯有计划针对查克 |
[34:43] | and you played on all our weaknesses to make it happen. | 你利用我们的弱点任由这件事发生 |
[34:46] | You used everything you could to manipulate me. | 你利用一切资源来操纵我 |
[34:51] | I blame Prince, but I also know you knew, | 我怪普林斯 但我也知道 |
[34:54] | and you knew better, and you let it happen. | 你早就知道这一切 还任由它发生 |
[34:57] | So no, I won’t give you the heads-up. | 所以 不 我不会给你任何提示 |
[35:00] | We won’t be talking. | 我们也不会再有什么联络 |
[35:03] | You’re not welcome here, | 你在这儿不受欢迎 |
[35:04] | because either you always were, | 因为要么你一直是这样的人 |
[35:06] | or you have become exactly who I want to send to prison. | 要么你逐渐变成了我想要送进监狱的那种人 |
[35:11] | I did what I had to do. | 我做了不得不做之事 |
[35:14] | I thought we’d both be used to that by now. | 我以为这点我们早就被迫习惯了 |
[35:21] | Glad you finally joined us for a meal. | 很高兴你终于加入我们的聚餐了 |
[35:24] | A man has to eat, as you like to say. | 就像你说的 男人总得吃饭 |
[35:26] | He does indeed. | 确实如此 |
[35:29] | You hurt it shooting? | 射击时候伤到了 |
[35:32] | No, it’s just stiff. | 不 就是有点僵硬 |
[35:33] | I fractured it punching a wall in frustration | 这是我99年时候捶墙之后留下的后遗症 |
[35:35] | when I lost a Supreme Court appeal | 那时候我在一场上诉最高法院的 |
[35:37] | on a death penalty case back in ’99. | 死刑案件中败诉了 |
[35:40] | An innocent man was executed that day. | 一个无辜的人那天被处以死刑 |
[35:47] | Ricochet from a Waterford crystal tumbler | 这是我把沃特福德高脚杯砸到墙上 |
[35:50] | I threw against the wall | 飞溅的碎片搞出来的 |
[35:51] | when I made and lost over 200 million in one day. | 那天我赚了又亏了两亿元 |
[35:55] | Ice Juice. | 里面装着冰镇果汁 |
[35:56] | Well, nothing to show by lifting my shirt, | 我掀起来上衣没什么可炫耀的 |
[35:58] | but the knife wounds are there, believe you me. | 但是我曾经被刀捅过 信不信由你 |
[36:01] | Jeffcoat and the U.S. Attorney job? | 杰夫凯特诉联邦检察官那次弄得 |
[36:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:04] | That was a body blow, to be sure. | 那次可真的是大惨败 |
[36:06] | But it was one professional to another, | 但是那次是专业人士之间的对决 |
[36:08] | and I got my licks in later. | 而我是后开口的那方 |
[36:10] | No, the more recent purge is the one I’m going to be healing from | 更近期的事件让我还是得再缓一缓 |
[36:13] | – for some time to come. – And Prince, that fucker, | – 才能重新走出来 – 普林斯 那个狗娘养的 |
[36:15] | was there to watch the whole thing go down. | 就站在那看一切完蛋 |
[36:18] | You know, the one that still stabs me in the balls | 现在还让我蛋疼的事 |
[36:20] | was a simple procedure. | 是一个特别简单的程序 |
[36:22] | Decorum dictates that I can’t say her name, | 出于礼貌我不能说她的名字 |
[36:26] | but… | 但是…. |
[36:28] | you all know her by her laugh. | 她的笑容你们都懂得 |
[36:30] | You know who I’m talking about, sugar, right? | 你知道我在说谁吧 小子 |
[36:32] | The grand dame outlived her nemesis Johnny Carson, | 那伟大女性 熬死了她的劲敌约翰尼·卡尔森 |
[36:35] | only to croak on my table. | 就是为了在我桌前乱叫唤 |
[36:43] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
[36:44] | That was the first time they took away my license, | 那是他们第一次拿走我的执照 |
[36:47] | the fuckers. | 那群傻逼 |
[36:52] | Why are you so quiet? | 你怎么这么安静 |
[36:53] | You only book wins? | 你只接必赢的案子吗 |
[36:55] | Nah, the calluses are so thick he just can’t feel anything, | 不 老茧太厚了他无论如何 |
[36:59] | one way or another. | 都已经感受不到什么了 |
[37:00] | I was king. | 我曾经是王者 |
[37:01] | I was the king of New York once. | 我曾经是纽约之王 |
[37:03] | I had so many properties. | 我有无数的房产 |
[37:05] | Manhattan, Midtown, uptown, | 在曼哈顿区 中城区 上城区 |
[37:08] | the Bronx… | 在布朗克斯区 |
[37:09] | three dozen, maybe more at the time. | 有三十六处房产 甚至更多 |
[37:12] | Was I supposed to go around myself, | 我难道还要每天四处溜达 |
[37:14] | checking the sprinklers in all of them, | 确保每一处房产的洒水装置 |
[37:16] | making sure they worked? | 都正常运转么 |
[37:17] | The fire doors unobstructed, unlocked, | 难道我还要每天检查防火门畅通无阻 |
[37:21] | not chained against a rash of break-ins? | 要破门而入时候没有障碍物吗 |
[37:24] | My property managers were supposed to do it. | 我的房产经理应该管这事 |
[37:27] | There were hundreds of those doors | 我房产的那些建筑里 |
[37:29] | in the buildings that I owned. | 一共有几百扇门 |
[37:31] | Like the Partido Lounge. | 比如说帕蒂多休息室 |
[37:34] | Oh, shit, the fire. | 天呐 那场火 |
[37:35] | Yeah, Dad, you don’t have to… | 老爸 行了 你不必…. |
[37:37] | Place went up like a goddamned Roman candle. | 那地方像罗马烟花筒一样烧了起来 |
[37:41] | Carlos Guzman. | 卡洛斯·古兹曼 |
[37:43] | That was his name, the monster. | 放火的那个王八蛋的名字 |
[37:46] | Soaked rags in kerosene and turned the place to ashes | 他用煤油泡过的破布把整个地方点燃了 |
[37:49] | because his ex-wife was there with her new boyfriend. | 就是因为他前妻和新男友在那里 |
[37:52] | Sirens screaming all night long, | 警铃响了整整一晚上 |
[37:55] | 20 different engine companies, | 来了20个不同消防分队 |
[37:58] | ambulances, | 一堆救护车 |
[37:59] | the fucking meat wagons for the bodies. | 然后来的是拉尸体的灵车 |
[38:03] | Later, I, uh, sat there in the courtroom | 后来 我坐在法庭上 |
[38:08] | when he received his sentencing. | 当那个王八蛋被判刑的时候 |
[38:10] | His eyes were black. | 他的眼底是一潭死水 |
[38:14] | Lifeless. | 毫无生气 |
[38:16] | He was the guilty party in all the ways. | 无论怎么看他都是有罪的那方 |
[38:22] | So… | 而且 |
[38:23] | 502 souls went into the club that night, | 那晚在俱乐部里有502人 |
[38:26] | 423 came out. | 只有423个活着出来了 |
[38:28] | The fire took the rest. | 大火吞没了其他人 |
[38:30] | Anyway, Carlos Guzman got 25 to life. | 总之 卡洛斯·古兹曼被判二十五年至终身监禁 |
[38:36] | And you know who was on the front page of the Post, | 你知道谁在第二天登上了《华盛顿邮报》 |
[38:39] | the Times, all the papers the next day? | 《时代》杂志和各大报社的头版么 |
[38:42] | It wasn’t him. | 不是他 |
[38:46] | It was me. | 是我 |
[39:07] | So you think you have me all figured out? | 所以你自以为看透我了 |
[39:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:10] | It’s what I started to say before. | 我之前就已经说过了 |
[39:13] | For you to succeed at being whatever it is you want to be… | 如果你想成为自己理想中的那个人的话… |
[39:16] | Caesar, Carnegie, Teddy fricking Roosevelt… | 不论是凯撒 卡内基 还是罗斯福… |
[39:20] | you need to stop lying to yourself. | 你首先得停止对自己撒谎 |
[39:21] | – I do not lie. – You do. | – 我不撒谎 – 你撒谎 |
[39:24] | And some of those lies you’ll probably keep telling. | 有些谎言你可能还是会一直维持下去 |
[39:27] | The lies of kindness, lies to maintain power, | 那些关于仁慈 维系权力 |
[39:30] | lies to keep things calm. | 保持平和的谎言 |
[39:32] | Big lies, even. | 甚至更大的谎言 |
[39:33] | And maybe that’s fine. | 也许对外撒谎没有什么 |
[39:34] | But inside, you can’t. | 但是对自己 你不能撒谎 |
[39:39] | And why not? | 那这又是为什么 |
[39:40] | Because it’s getting in your way. | 因为它会挡住你的路 |
[39:41] | You don’t want to be an emperor | 你想成为皇帝 |
[39:43] | because it’s good for other people. | 并非出自与人为善 |
[39:44] | You want power because you like power. | 你想拥有权力是因为喜爱权力 |
[39:47] | Because it feels good in your hands. | 喜爱大权在握的快感 |
[39:50] | Because you can’t imagine anyone else deserves it | 因此你无法想象任何人比你 |
[39:52] | more than you do. | 更有资格掌权 |
[39:53] | But if you lie to yourself about it, | 假如你自欺欺人 |
[39:55] | you’ll do real harm with whatever power you get. | 你拥有的任何权力将造成真实的伤害 |
[39:58] | Every generation there’s maybe three people like me. | 每代人里兴许能有三个我这样的人 |
[40:02] | Why should I waste being one of them? | 我为什么不做其中之一呢 |
[40:04] | Because out of those three, every 30 years, | 因为每三十年有三人 |
[40:08] | nine every century, 90 every millennium, | 每世纪有九人 每千年有九十人 |
[40:11] | maybe one fucking guy doesn’t fuck the world up the ass | 他们当中兴许有一人 |
[40:14] | when he actually gets the reins. | 在掌权时不会令天下大乱 |
[40:16] | Someone has to sit in that seat. | 终有人要坐上宝座 |
[40:18] | So I ask myself, | 所以我扪心自问 |
[40:19] | am I the one in a thousand years? | 我会是那千年一遇的明君吗 |
[40:22] | And my answer | 而我答复是 |
[40:24] | is a full-throated yes. | 底气十足的肯定 |
[40:27] | Let’s not forget about you | 别让我们忘了你和 |
[40:31] | and what you want out of all this. | 你想从中获得的利益 |
[40:32] | Me? | 我 |
[40:34] | What do I want, | 我除了想工作出色 |
[40:35] | besides to do my job and do it well? | 以外还想要什么呢 |
[40:37] | You tell me. | 你来告诉我 |
[40:39] | My guess is something significant. | 我猜是显赫的成就 |
[40:41] | Because if not, | 若不是 |
[40:42] | that means you’re a rubbernecker, | 便意味着你是个窥探者 |
[40:44] | a ticket buyer to the freak show, | 一个畸形秀的购票观众 |
[40:46] | some kind of pervert. | 某种意义上的变态 |
[40:48] | Why else would you saw someone’s skull in half, | 不然你为何要把某人的颅骨从中锯开 |
[40:50] | lift it up and look inside? | 举起来然后往里看呢 |
[40:54] | So which is it, A or B? | 究竟是哪个 前者还是后者 |
[40:56] | I guess I just don’t know. | 我想我并不知道 |
[40:59] | And after all that talk about not lying to oneself. | 你方才还长篇大论不要欺骗自己 |
[41:02] | I’m not lying to myself. | 我不是欺骗自己 |
[41:04] | I’m lying to you. | 我只是骗你 |
[41:14] | What are you talking about? That’s my cock. | 你在说啥 那可是我的雄风 |
[41:17] | I’m guessing it was a teacher. | 我猜那是名老师 |
[41:21] | No, but, like, in all seriousness… | 不 不过 说真的… |
[41:24] | You may recognize him. | 你们也许认得他 |
[41:26] | Anyway, our good man suffered a reversal, | 总之 我们的好伙计惨遭挫折 |
[41:28] | – and we had to pull him away. – Men’s weekend. | – 所以我们带他出来散心 – 男人的周末 |
[41:32] | Can you even say that anymore, | 你还能那样用词吗 |
[41:33] | or does it have to be, like, “Gendered persons…”? | 现在不是得说 “有性别人群…”吗 |
[41:37] | Diana’s celebrating the one-year anniversary of her divorce. | 戴安娜正在庆祝她离婚一周年纪念日 |
[41:40] | I grew up in lake country, | 我在湖区长大 |
[41:42] | so that’s why we came. | 所以我们来这里玩 |
[41:43] | These guys came with me, | 他们是跟着我来的 |
[41:45] | and it’s a real blast of nostalgia. | 真令人怀念过去 |
[41:46] | Let me, um.. let me check your pulse. | 让我 嗯… 让我给你检查脉搏 |
[41:48] | Are you really a doctor? | 你真是名医生吗 |
[41:50] | That’s all we keep saying. “Are you really a doctor?” | 我们也一直在问 “你真是名医生吗” |
[41:53] | It’s completely fresh and organic pet food. | 是纯正新鲜有机宠物粮 |
[41:56] | Is that right? | 对吗 |
[41:57] | Private equity money must be lining up. | 私募基金想必排着队投资 |
[41:59] | It’s not just a business. It’s my passion. | 那不仅是门生意 也是我所热爱的 |
[42:01] | Three hots and a cot, some oily rubdowns in the spa. | 三餐一宿 加上在水疗中心推油按摩 |
[42:03] | You know what I said? I said, “I’m fucking in.” | 你猜我说了啥 我说 “我当然加入” |
[42:09] | Get me out of here. | 带我逃离这里 |
[42:13] | You’re all a shitty crowd. | 你们都是糟糕的观众 |
[42:16] | – Ladies. – Yeah? | – 女士们 – 何事 |
[42:18] | I, um… | 我 嗯… |
[42:19] | I believe I glimpsed you earlier, | 我想先前瞥见了你们 |
[42:22] | and it is high time | 现在正好 |
[42:24] | that my friends and I buy you a round. | 让我朋友和我为你们买轮酒喝 |
[42:27] | Oh, we’re fine, thank you. | 噢 我们这就够了 谢谢 |
[42:28] | That’s not very friendly, is it? | 那不算很友善 不是吗 |
[42:30] | She said no, thank you. | 她拒绝了 谢谢 |
[42:32] | I wasn’t talking to you, funny guy. | 我没跟你说话 搞笑人 |
[42:39] | – Fuck, man! – So sorry, sir. | – 该死的 伙计 – 真抱歉 先生 |
[42:41] | These shoes cost more than your house. | 这双鞋比你家房子还贵 |
[42:43] | Do you even have a house? | 你有房子吗 |
[42:44] | Why are we letting people like you into our country? | 我们为何让像你这种人入境呢 |
[42:46] | Behold the American aristocrat, Ronald Chestnut. | 瞧瞧这美国贵族 罗纳德·切斯纳特 |
[42:49] | Yeah, Ron, that’s right. I caught your name earlier. | 是的 罗恩 我早前听到你的名字了 |
[42:52] | And Ron is a person who confuses wealth with class, | 罗恩是误把财富当作阶级 |
[42:56] | and money with character. | 金钱当作人格的人 |
[42:58] | Of course, this country wasn’t built on money. | 当然 这个国家不是建立于金钱之上 |
[43:01] | It was built on work. | 而是建立于工作之上 |
[43:02] | Honest, hard work, | 诚恳 辛勤工作 |
[43:04] | which is why that man is more American | 因此那名男子比你平生 |
[43:06] | than you’ll ever be. | 都活得更像个美国人 |
[43:09] | Oh, it looks like you want to swing on me. | 噢 看来你想揍我 |
[43:11] | Oh… Yeah, I bet! | 噢… 对 我敢打赌 |
[43:12] | But we both know you won’t, | 但我俩都知道你不会动手 |
[43:14] | because I not only caught your name, I ran it too. | 因为我不仅记下你名字 还查了你的案底 |
[43:17] | So I know you’re on parole for unpaid child support | 所以我知道你正处于拖欠子女抚养费 |
[43:20] | and an embezzlement charge. | 及侵吞罪的假释期中 |
[43:21] | That’s right, ladies, there he is. | 没错 女士们 看看他 |
[43:23] | Fancy pants deadbeat, quite a patriot. | 纨绔无赖 好个爱国者 |
[43:26] | Bet you’re kicking yourself for turning him down. | 我猜你们现在很庆幸拒绝了他 |
[43:29] | So you can take that swing, go ahead. | 那你可以揍我 请随意 |
[43:30] | But if you do, you’ll be collared for fighting, | 不过你要是揍我 你将因斗殴 |
[43:33] | for drunk and disorderly, because you’re undoubtedly both, | 酗酒扰乱治安被捕 你无疑会被两罪并罚 |
[43:35] | and you’ll go back inside for the rest of those | 然后你便滚回去 |
[43:37] | four goddamn years you owe. | 坐完你欠下的四年牢狱 |
[43:45] | Let’s get out of this shithole. | 让我们离开这个鬼地方 |
[43:58] | I thought I was going to be doing some suturing tonight. | 我以为今晚要帮人缝几针呢 |
[44:00] | It’s a good thing my credentials still work in the database. | 幸亏我的身份凭证仍能使用数据库 |
[44:02] | Got to love the government. | 真爱死政府了 |
[44:04] | Shit, there’s no denying it, the way you came alive just now. | 靠 无可否认 你刚才真是光彩四射 |
[44:08] | Was a thing of beauty, my boy. | 煞是好看 儿子 |
[44:10] | No matter what we want. | 无论我们想要什么 |
[44:12] | It’s who you are. You see a bully, you have to step in. | 这是你的本色 你看见恶霸 必然挺身而出 |
[44:14] | And you do it better than anyone else. | 而且你做得无人能及 |
[44:16] | Like I keep trying to tell you, | 正如我一直告诉你 |
[44:17] | it’s just how I’m built. | 这只是我天性使然 |
[44:18] | All right, now that we’ve gotten the group hand job | 好了 如今我们不必集体动手 |
[44:20] | out of the way, who’s up for a drinking game? | 谁想玩喝酒游戏呢 |
[44:22] | It’s called Viking, and it’s very easy to play. | 它叫维京人 非常容易玩 |
[44:24] | – All right, I’m game, – I’m the Viking. | – 好吧 我想玩 – 我是维京人 |
[44:26] | I got the two rowers on my side. | 在我身侧有两名桨手 |
[44:28] | – If you don’t row, you drink. – Is that the Viking? | – 如果你不划桨 就要喝酒 – 那是维京人吗 |
[44:29] | Just easy with the questions, please. | 拜托 先别提问 |
[44:31] | I’m just trying to explain the game, so… | 我仅仅在解释游戏规则 所以… |
[44:34] | – Hey, hey. You leaving? – Mm. | – 等等 你要走了吗 – 嗯 |
[44:36] | But Anne seemed pretty impressed with how you handled that guy. | 但看来安妮很欣赏你处理那男人的手段 |
[44:39] | You hang in, you may get lucky. | 你留下来 说不定会交好运 |
[44:40] | Oh, I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be luck. | 噢 我很肯定那不是好运 |
[44:43] | Oh, if you say so. | 噢 那随你意 |
[44:45] | No, I realized something, Ira. | 不 我刚意识到些事情 艾拉 |
[44:47] | Beyond my place in the world, and you said it. | 除了我在世间的角色 这还是你说的 |
[44:50] | Prince showed himself in Albany. | 普林斯亲自出现在奥尔巴尼 |
[44:53] | He didn’t have to. | 他没必要去 |
[44:54] | You know, once everything is in motion, | 一旦万事俱备 |
[44:56] | he could’ve gone and let the floor fall out from under me. | 他尽可离场任由我随脚下地板坍塌 |
[44:59] | But he came to watch, | 然而他来旁观了 |
[45:00] | which shows he loves the blood sport. | 这意味着他爱好血腥体育 |
[45:03] | And someone who loves the blood sport | 爱好血腥体育的人 |
[45:05] | can be induced into another fight. | 能被引诱进另一场 |
[45:07] | One where he’s at the disadvantage, | 一场他将处于劣势的斗争 |
[45:10] | a fight that he is going to lose. | 一场他注定败北的斗争 |
[45:12] | – How are you going to do it? – I don’t know. Not yet. | – 你打算如何做到呢 – 我尚未想好 |
[45:15] | Have a good time. | 祝你玩得开心 |
[45:16] | I’m going to take that constitutional now. | 我现在去找我的宪法了 |
[45:18] | – I was rowing. – No. | – 我刚在划桨 – 不 |
[45:19] | Are you fucking… Fine, fuck me. | 你在开玩… 算了 真倒霉 |
[45:22] | Oh, boy, here we go. Round four, ready? | 噢 伙计 我们开始 第四轮 准备好了吗 |
[45:24] | I’m the Viking, I’m the Viking. Who’s rowing? | 我是维京人 我是维京人 谁在划桨 |
[45:26] | – I am. – Okay. | – 是我 – 好吧 |
[45:29] | Nice. | 不错 |
[46:00] | We’re about to break the vase | 我们将要摔破瓶子 |
[46:02] | and see whose dog tags are inside here. | 看看是谁的身份标牌在里面 |
[46:03] | Can’t tell if we’re gonna get made or get clipped. | 无法判断我们会被提拔还是被除名 |
[46:05] | – That’s what makes it all… – Horrifying? | – 这一切令人… – 畏惧吗 |
[46:07] | I was gonna say exciting, but you got to do you. | 我想说的是兴奋 但你有你的想法 |
[46:20] | Someone sets out to slay a dragon. | 有人决意屠龙 |
[46:22] | It takes a while. It’s a journey. | 这旷日持久 是一场征途 |
[46:24] | A quest that gets sidetracked, | 一个曾偏离正轨而延误的任务 |
[46:26] | delayed, there are wins and losses along the way. | 途中有胜有败 |
[46:29] | This person is a leader, and behind them is an army, | 此人是领导者 在他们背后是一支大军 |
[46:33] | making sure that when they do get to the dragon, it will die. | 确保他们找到龙后 它必死无疑 |
[46:36] | Is this an all-hands or a meeting of the Tolkien Society? | 这是全体会议还是托尔金协会的会议呢 |
[46:39] | And finally, it’s just the knight and the dragon, | 终于 只剩下骑士与龙 |
[46:41] | and the knight isn’t sure how it’s going to go. | 骑士不确定结果如何 |
[46:43] | Wouldn’t be a quest of any worth if it didn’t have risk. | 倘若没有风险 任务将毫无价值 |
[46:46] | It’s an epic fight. | 那是场史诗级大战 |
[46:47] | The sword finds its home, and the dragon dies. | 剑命中要害 龙死了 |
[46:52] | But that isn’t the end. | 但这还不是结局 |
[46:54] | I killed the dragon that was Chuck Rhoades. | 我屠的龙是查克·罗兹 |
[46:59] | You may have become aware, and it may have disturbed you. | 你们兴许知晓 兴许让你们不安 |
[47:02] | But all of you | 但你们所有人 |
[47:04] | guarded the castle while I was gone. | 在我离去时守护城池 |
[47:07] | You rode with me when you had to. | 你们在需要时与我一同冲锋陷阵 |
[47:09] | You protected me from any threats. | 保护我免受任何威胁 |
[47:12] | There’s a reason why the killing isn’t the end of the story. | 屠龙并非故事的结局 是有缘故的 |
[47:16] | The real end is when you eat the dragon’s heart, | 真正的结局是你们吃掉龙心 |
[47:20] | passing it around so everyone can taste | 互相传递好让人人都尝到 |
[47:24] | freshly slaughtered power. | 新鲜屠宰出的力量 |
[47:27] | You get the most power from the hearts of your enemies. | 你们从敌人的心脏中获得最多的力量 |
[47:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[47:32] | And since dragon hearts are hard to come by… | 由于龙心难得… |
[47:38] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[47:41] | …and something a little more delicious than blood. | …还有些比鲜血更美味的液体 |
[47:59] | My victories are our victories. | 我的胜利是大家的胜利 |
[48:01] | My wins are your wins. | 我赢的也是你们赢的 |
[48:03] | And dragons aren’t the only creatures | 而且龙并非唯一 |
[48:05] | that should fly, | 理应飞翔的生物 |
[48:06] | so you’re all getting a Wheels Up membership, | 所以你们都将得到”飞轮体验”的会员资格 |
[48:09] | plus a hundred K in flight credits, on me. | 加上十万公里的飞行里程 我请客 |
[48:14] | Please welcome Questlove DJing the night. | 有请负责今夜打碟的”需要爱” |
[48:18] | Put on your red shoes and dance the blues. | ♪穿上你的红鞋 跟随布鲁斯跳舞♪ |
[48:23] | Let’s dance. | ♪跳起来吧♪ |
[48:26] | To the sound they’re playing on the radio. | ♪跟随着广播里的音乐舞蹈♪ |
[48:32] | Let’s sway | ♪一起摇摆♪ |
[48:35] | While color Lights up your face | ♪让色彩点亮你的脸♪ |
[48:38] | Look at this. He converted them. | 瞧瞧这 他改变了他们 |
[48:40] | He fucking got them all. They fucking love him. | 他得到了所有人 他们爱他 |
[48:46] | Shit, that was the plan all along. | 该死 这就是原本的计划 |
[48:51] | They’re ready. | 他们准备好了 |
[48:52] | For what? | 准备好干什么 |
[48:54] | I’ll run with you. | ♪我会和你一起奔跑♪ |
[48:56] | Yeah! | 好极了 |
[48:58] | And if you say “hide” | ♪如果你说”藏起来”♪ |
[49:01] | We’ll hide. | ♪我们就藏起来♪ |
[49:06] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[49:09] | Here, come on. | 拜托 |
[49:11] | – Bingo. – Where’s Chuck? | – 好了 – 查克在哪 |
[49:14] | No idea. He never came back to the bar. | 不知道 他从来就没返回酒吧 |
[49:16] | Well, you were supposed to hit him with a cocktail | 你应该给他扎一针鸡尾酒疗法 |
[49:18] | to cure what ails him, | 来解除忧愁的 |
[49:19] | and instead you’re walking off with the prescription. | 但你却带着消愁的方子走了 |
[49:22] | I can give him the cushion, | 我可以给他提供软垫 |
[49:23] | but I ain’t doing the pushing, Big Papa. | 但我不会推他一把的 老爷子 |
[49:25] | Well… it’s not going to ruin my night. | 好吧 反正不会毁掉我的夜晚 |
[49:27] | Me neither. | 我的也不会 |
[49:35] | This is a classy touch. | 这真的很贴心了 |
[49:37] | Isn’t the whole thing pretty classy? | 这整件事难道不是非常经典吗 |
[49:39] | No, but that’s good, you know? | 不 但这样子不错 |
[49:41] | You did it right, honestly. | 说实话 你做的是对的 |
[49:42] | I mean, I’m sure you hate it, but the lights are off | 我敢肯定你不喜欢这样 但灯光暗下来 |
[49:45] | and, like, nobody seems to be judging each other. | 没有人再互相评价着彼此 |
[49:47] | Nothing is stuffy or formal. | 也没有一本正经或者很正式的东西 |
[49:49] | You found the vibe. | 你找到了那种氛围 |
[49:51] | Good. Enjoy. | 那就好 好好享受 |
[49:52] | You’re not into it, are you? | 你不是很喜欢 对吗 |
[49:55] | Parts. I’m not sure it matters. | 有些部分 我觉得这不重要 |
[49:58] | Open your mouth. | 张开嘴 |
[50:04] | That is what you think it is. | 那就是你认为的东西 |
[50:06] | I took one earlier. | 我早就吃了一个了 |
[50:08] | You may not be the kind of person who does this, | 你可能不会是能做出这种事情的人 |
[50:09] | so you can spit it out, and I’ll pretend not to see. | 你可以吐出来 我也会假装什么都没看见 |
[50:13] | Or… | 或者 |
[50:48] | – Appreciate this. – Hey, man. | – 多谢了 – 嘿 伙计 |
[50:50] | It’s a moment, Mike. | 这是个重要时刻 迈克 |
[50:51] | Moment that deserves the real songs. | 值得一些真正的曲子的时刻 |
[50:53] | The night demands it. | 今晚需要这个 |
[50:54] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[50:56] | You got a request? | 你有什么想点的吗 |
[50:57] | You know, I’m the best at what I do. | 我是我们行业里最好的 |
[51:00] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才在这 |
[51:02] | You’re the best at what you do. | 你是你们行业里做的最好的 |
[51:03] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以你在这里 |
[51:04] | – You pick them. – It’s an honor. | – 你来选歌 – 这是我的荣幸 |
[51:18] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[51:23] | Coming. | 来啦 |
[51:50] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[52:00] | – Did you call the guy? – I did. | – 你联系那个人了吗 – 联系了 |
[52:02] | I know exactly how they’ll come after me. | 现在我知道他们会怎么对付我了 |
[52:05] | As a hypocrite. | 说我是个伪君子 |
[52:07] | I am someone who says I believe | 说我是个嘴上说着相信 |
[52:09] | in what is good and fair and right, | 什么是美好 公平的和正确的人 |
[52:12] | and not in accruing power, | 而不是积累权力 |
[52:14] | but who has constantly sought to use power in her favor. | 但是却经常利用权力为自己获取利益 |
[52:18] | And has accrued quite a lot. | 而且积攒了很多权势了 |
[52:20] | It’s an easy spin. | 这很容易挽回 |
[52:21] | We put you into play using your power for others. | 我们可以让你利用你的权利帮助他人 |
[52:23] | Our friend Michael Prince has set a shining example | 我们的朋友迈克尔·普林斯就是一个 |
[52:26] | – of exactly that. – Oh, he has. | – 一个闪亮的例子 – 哦 他的确是 |
[52:28] | And I see how well it works on everyone. | 我能看出来这对每个人都很有用 |
[52:30] | So you’re ready? | 所以你准备好了吗 |
[52:32] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[52:33] | Not now. | 还不是现在 |
[52:35] | No, this is where I’m meant to be. | 不 这就是我应该在的地方 |
[52:37] | Plus, I got you guys on my side now. | 再者 我有你们站在我这边 |
[52:40] | I’m good, right? | 我很棒了 对吧 |
[52:42] | Yes. You are. | 是啊 |
[53:09] | I know the manuscript is late, | 我知道手稿迟了 |
[53:11] | but it’s worth it. | 但很值得 |
[53:14] | I’m… I’m sending you the last chapter now. | 我现在就把最终章发给你 |
[53:19] | Well, I had to figure out how it ended. | 我得弄清楚怎么结束它 |
[53:21] | I just spent the whole day doing that. | 我花了一晚上去弄清楚 |
[53:25] | Rock | ♪摇摆♪ |
[53:27] | Freeze | ♪停下♪ |
[53:29] | Rock | ♪摇摆♪ |
[53:31] | Freeze | ♪停下♪ |
[53:33] | Rock | ♪摇摆♪ |
[53:35] | Blow | ♪爆炸♪ |
[53:36] | Higher, baby | ♪高一点 宝贝♪ |
[53:38] | Get higher, baby | ♪高一点 宝贝♪ |
[53:42] | And don’t ever come down | ♪不要落下来♪ |
[53:43] | Freebase | ♪精炼可卡因♪ |
[53:48] | This is Uomo nel Presente. | 这是《当下之人》 |
[53:51] | Man in Present. | 当下的人 |
[53:53] | – Amazing. – Grazie. | – 太棒了 – 谢谢 |
[53:55] | I see how much it’s hitting you, Tuk. | 我能看出这对你的影响之大 图克 |
[53:58] | Why don’t you finish it? | 不如你来完成它 |
[54:00] | Me? | 我 |
[54:05] | Prego. | 请 |
[54:09] | Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! | 图克 图克 图克 图克 |
[54:17] | Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! | 图克 图克 图克 图克 |
[54:22] | Oh, fuck, did I do that? | 哦 见鬼 是我做的吗 |
[54:25] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[54:27] | Its purpose was to exist for one night only, and then… | 它存在的意义就只是为了一晚 然后 |
[54:31] | Okay, what is that supposed to represent? | 好吧 这代表了什么 |
[54:33] | The ephemeral nature of joy | 转瞬即逝的快乐 |
[54:35] | and a reminder to embrace it when you have it. | 并且提示我们要及时行乐 |
[54:49] | I mean, I get the idea that something exists temporarily. | 我理解有些东西的存在是短暂的 |
[54:54] | What was I supposed to care about, | 我应该关心什么 |
[54:56] | the temporary part or the art part? | 短暂存在的那部分还是艺术的部分 |
[54:57] | It is lacking a certain narrative consistency. | 它缺乏一定的叙事连贯性 |
[55:04] | We could leave. | 我们可以离开 |
[55:06] | Find some… | 两个人一起 |
[55:08] | together. | 找一些乐子 |
[55:10] | I just can’t fall in love with someone I work with. | 我不能跟同事谈恋爱 |
[55:13] | And I know me, or at least I know me | 我了解我自己 至少我自己知道 |
[55:15] | when this sort of situation happens, | 这种事情发生的时候 |
[55:17] | not that I’ve been in this sort of situation, | 倒不是说我之前经历过这种情况 |
[55:19] | but I’ve been in something where… | 但是我经历过类似的… |
[55:20] | It’s a smart choice. | 明智的选择 |
[55:22] | See? I was right. | 看到没 我是对的 |
[55:24] | Prince is Johnny Favorite. | 普林斯就是约翰尼·最爱 |
[55:26] | He actually knows who he is. | 他知道他是什么样的人 |
[55:28] | You really don’t understand that movie. | 你真的没看懂那部电影 |
[55:34] | The fans. | 风扇 |
[55:36] | The fans are spinning when evil is present. | 风扇会在邪恶靠近的时候转动 |
[55:39] | Wow. I see it all now. | 我现在看明白了 |
[55:54] | If the Earth were to be swallowed by a black hole, | 如果地球会被黑洞吞噬 |
[55:57] | it’s entire mass would be reduced | 就会被压缩为 |
[56:00] | to the size of a quarter. | 一枚硬币的大小 |
[56:02] | Everything inside the black hole is outside our knowledge. | 黑洞中的事物会超出我们的认知 |
[56:06] | We can theorize that it exists, but we can never be sure. | 我们可以设想它的存在 但我们没办法确定 |
[56:11] | We know it is infinite. | 我们知道它是无尽的 |
[56:16] | Like breath. | 就像呼吸 |
[56:18] | Close your eyes, | 闭上眼睛 |
[56:20] | and though you may have heard it many times, | 尽管你们可能听过很多次了 |
[56:23] | focus on each breath. | 专注于每一次呼吸 |
[56:26] | Knowing that breath goes on forever, | 知道气息无穷无尽 |
[56:29] | count them until you reach a million. | 一直数到一百万次 |
[56:33] | Then go beyond that until you reach a billion, | 在那之后继续数 数到十亿 |
[56:37] | an almost incomprehensible number. | 到一个无法理解的数字 |
[56:40] | You never will reach it, because by the time you do, | 你永远都到不了 因为你每次接近 |
[56:44] | you will have stopped counting. | 会已经停止计数了 |
[56:46] | Which is the whole idea. | 就是这样 |
[57:13] | You good? | 你还好吗 |
[57:15] | You sleep okay? | 睡得好吗 |
[57:16] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[57:18] | Good. | 那就好 |
[57:26] | Let’s go! | 走吧 |
[57:27] | I got a nice shot of penicillin for anyone who needs it. | 我准备好了抗生素以便你们谁需要 |
[57:30] | – No need for me. – Yeah, me neither. | – 我不需要 – 我也不需要 |
[57:33] | Already had one. | 已经注射过了 |
[57:34] | What the hell did you run off to do last night, | 你昨晚干嘛去了 |
[57:37] | check your voicemail? | 检查你的语音信箱吗 |
[57:39] | You don’t know how to have any fun. | 你不知该怎么找乐子 |
[57:40] | – Worked out for me, though. – Look, I cannot believe | – 不过对我来说很有用 – 听着 我不相信 |
[57:43] | you actually went and hired a bunch of… | 你居然跑去雇佣了一群… |
[57:45] | I did nothing of the sort. | 我没有 |
[57:46] | That nice lady, Anne, and her friends | 那个好心的女士 安妮 和她的朋友们 |
[57:49] | are what is known in the trade as civilians. | 都是业界中所谓的素人 |
[57:56] | Where is your mind at, sonny? | 你想哪去了 孩子 |
[57:58] | Well, I guess my mind | 我想 |
[57:59] | was thinking back over your history. | 我在回顾你的往事 |
[58:02] | Whatever, get me back to the city, | 不管怎么 带我回城里 |
[58:04] | because you may have brought me up here | 也许你出于你的某种计划 |
[58:06] | with a plan in your heads, | 把我带到这里 |
[58:07] | but I’m the guy leaving with one now. | 但我现在才是脑子里有计划的人 |
[58:11] | This is just what I needed, and I know just what to do. | 这才是我所需要的 我知道该怎么去做 |
[58:15] | So… let’s roll. | 所以 我们走吧 |
[58:26] | I don’t mind you coming here | ♪我不介意你来这里♪ |
[58:30] | wasting all my time | ♪浪费我的时间♪ |
[58:34] | ‘Cause when you’re standing Oh, so near | ♪因为当你站在这里时 如此靠近♪ |
[58:38] | I kinda lose my mind. | ♪我丢失了我的理智♪ |
[58:42] | It’s not the perfume that you wear | ♪不是因为你的香水♪ |
[58:45] | It’s not the ribbons in your hair | ♪不是因为你的发带♪ |
[58:49] | And I don’t mind you coming here | ♪我不介意你来这里♪ |
[58:53] | and wasting all my time. | ♪浪费我的时间♪ |