Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

亿万(Billions)第6季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 亿万(Billions)第6季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
目录
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08
S01E09
S01E10
S01E11
S01E12
S02E01
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08
S02E09
S02E10
S02E11
S02E12
S03E01
S03E02
S03E03
S03E04
S03E05
S03E06
S03E07
S03E08
S03E09
S03E10
S03E11
S03E12
S04E01
S04E02
S04E03
S04E04
S04E05
S04E06
S04E07
S04E08
S04E09
S04E10
S04E11
S04E12
S05E01
S05E02
S05E03
S05E04
S05E05
S05E06
S05E07
S05E08
S05E09
S05E10
S05E11
S05E12
S06E01
S06E02
S06E03
S06E04
S06E05
S06E06
S06E07
S06E08
S06E09
S06E10
S07E01
S07E02
S07E03
S07E04
S07E05
S07E06
S07E07
S07E08
S07E09
S07E11
S07E12
时间 英文 中文
[00:06] New York, we did it! 纽约 我们做到了
[00:09] Prince didn’t pull this off all by his lonesome. 普林斯孤身一人做不到这些
[00:11] So we separate Prince from his power base. 我们要把他的支持力量全部坐空
[00:14] Philip gets first pick. He’s outperformed everyone lately. 菲利普最先选 最近他的业绩比所有人都好
[00:16] I already started working on Hypersonic. 我已经开始和超音合作了
[00:18] I’m in the process of building a relationship with the CEO. 已经和他们公司首席执行官开始联系
[00:20] There are major problems 他们的技术和航空生理学
[00:22] with their tech and aviation physiology. 有重大问题
[00:24] There’s no way to trade out without taking a massive loss. 如果不大量亏损 我们无法抛出
[00:26] What do you think they’re agreeing to right now? 你觉得他们现在在谈什么
[00:27] Oh, fuck. 哦 妈的
[00:29] There is an item that I have 我把一个条款
[00:30] jammed into a certain bill 偷偷混进了某个提案里
[00:32] that will also be passing, 它会被同时通过
[00:34] closing the carried interest loophole. 堵住附带权益漏洞
[00:36] So, what do we need to do to get the bullet out of the gun? 那我们要怎样清空弹匣呢
[00:40] Had we known, we never would have been party 但凡我们知情 我们不可能
[00:41] to such malfeasance. 参与这种行为
[00:43] These men and women were unknowingly brought in 这些人在不知不觉间
[00:46] to an attempt to commit bribery at a very high level. 参与到了贿赂高层的行动中
[00:51] You gotta be kidding me, Mike. It’s BS, Andy. – 你在开玩笑 迈克 – 都是胡说八道 安迪
[00:53] This news is our boarding pass out of our fucked situation. 这条新闻是我们帮助摆脱困境的门票
[00:57] I figured you’d need help 我觉得你会需要帮助
[00:59] unloading the shares at the open. 在开市的时候抛售股份
[01:00] Yes, another set of hands would be good. 是的 有个帮手会更好
[01:02] We can work through this. 我们能解决的
[01:03] I’m afraid the New York Games are tainted now. 我担心现在纽约奥运会已经有污点了
[01:06] The ICS has come to the conclusion 国际体委会决定
[01:08] that the 2028 Games 2028年奥运会
[01:10] can no longer be held in New York City. 将不能在纽约举办
[01:47] An icy wind burns and scars ♪冰冷寒风阵阵 留下伤痕♪
[01:50] Rushes in Like a fallen star ♪如流星坠落♪
[01:54] Through the narrow space Between these bars ♪穿过这些栏杆狭窄的空间♪
[01:57] Looking down On Prison Grove ♪小瞧了格罗夫监狱♪
[02:17] Dug in, hunkered down ♪弯腰 俯身♪
[02:20] Hours race without a sound ♪时间飞逝 不留痕迹♪
[02:24] Gonna carry me To where I’m bound ♪将我带到我本该到的地方♪
[02:27] Looking down On Prison Grove ♪小瞧了格罗夫监狱♪
[02:38] Two kinds of men. 两种人
[02:40] Those who, in defeat, pretend they never cared… 在失败中 一种装作毫不在意
[02:44] and those who come alone 还有一种 孤身一人收拾行囊
[02:45] to pack up their gear and soak in the loss. 然后继续沉浸在悲痛之中
[02:50] I, like you, am a soaker. 我和你一样 都沉浸在悲伤里
[02:53] I’m no soaker. I’m a rebuilder. 我不沉溺于过去 我是重建者
[02:57] Pat Riley approach. 像帕特里克·莱利那样
[02:59] Ah. The godfather. 哦 《教父》那样
[03:01] Another great sage intimate with the subject of defeat. 另一位常常遭遇失败的圣人
[03:05] And victory. 也有胜利
[03:06] Mostly victory. 大多数是胜利
[03:08] “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” 冠军需要远高于胜利的意志
[03:12] Wiser words, huh? 智者之言 对吧
[03:16] State your purpose. 直说你来做什么
[03:19] Well, in the spirit of all this inspirational talk, 好吧 以这些励志语录之名
[03:21] I wonder if you’d be motivated to unload this office building 我想知道你愿不愿意 抛售这座办公楼
[03:26] and some of the other property you bought for the Olympics 还有你为奥运买下的其他资产
[03:28] to the state land bank. 卖给州立土地银行
[03:32] When I was bootstrapping 当我在旧金山湾区
[03:33] my first startup in the Bay Area, 创立我的第一家公司的时候
[03:35] I was motivated to go down to Geraldine’s Seafood Market early 我每天都很早到杰拉尔丁海鲜市场
[03:38] so I could buy the freshest catch before anyone else. 好比别人先买到最新鲜的刚捞上来的海产
[03:42] Now, I just buy the fishing boats. 而现在 我直接买船
[03:44] Well, by cutting out the middleman, 除去中间商
[03:46] that makes you the middleman, no? 然后自己做中间商 是不是
[03:48] No, Chuck, it makes me rich, 不 查克 这让我变得富有
[03:49] with no need to unload anything at any time 让我无论何时都没必要为了任何人的想法
[03:52] for anyone’s reasons other than my own. 舍弃任何东西
[03:55] It makes sense to free up acres of land you no longer need. 但解锁你不再需要的地皮 是很有意义的
[03:58] Sell it back to the land bank. I’ll offer you a fair price. 卖回给土地银行 我会开一个合适的价格
[04:01] Market rate. 市场价
[04:03] Yeah, I’m not in the business of buying high and selling low. 我不是那种高买低卖的人
[04:05] And if I was, I don’t think you’d be the fella 就算我要卖
[04:08] I’d want on the other side of that deal. 也不会卖给你
[04:09] You have to know that. 你知道的
[04:11] So, what’s your true reason for being here? 所以 你来这里到底要做什么
[04:13] You trying to prompt me 你想刺激我
[04:14] into making some mistake out of anger? 让我在暴怒之下做错事
[04:17] I think you’ve mistaken me for someone looking for a fight. 我觉得你不应该把我看作来挑事儿的
[04:19] That’s in the past. I’m here to find a way forward, 都过去了 我是来寻求发展的
[04:22] leave you with dignity in defeat. 让你失败了也留点颜面
[04:24] Hallmark of a guy trying to give the other guy dignity 哪个想给别人尊严的人
[04:27] is hitting the word “defeat” 会一直强调”失败”这个词
[04:29] harder than Earnie Shavers hit the heavy bag. 强调得比荣尼·沙弗斯打沙袋还重
[04:31] I may not be quite as evolved 我可能还没
[04:34] as I’d wish…yet. 像我想的那么会说话
[04:35] I’m working on it. 我在努力
[04:37] Aren’t we all. 我们都是
[04:38] What, you’re really here to end this? 哦 那你真是来结束对战的
[04:40] Armistice? Ceasefire? What are you offering? 休战 停火 你要什么
[04:43] I guess I need to see if I believe you are standing down. 我想我要看看是 你是不是真的退出了
[04:46] Do I look like a man readying for battle right now? 我看着像是会随时开战的人吗
[04:49] No. 不像
[04:51] So like that fabled, frosty, starlit 就像故事里霜冻的 星光闪闪的
[04:53] December night in 1914, 那个1914年十二月晚上
[04:55] when a melody drifted over the darkness of no man’s land, 当旋律流淌过无人区的黑暗
[04:58] British and German troops called a truce 英国和德国双方休战
[05:00] to sing holiday carols, 共唱圣诞颂歌
[05:01] lighting trees in the trenches rather than cannons, 在战壕里点亮圣诞树 而不是点燃炮火
[05:04] a symbol of an Earth where there could indeed be peace. 象征着地球总会迎接和平
[05:07] That particular truce didn’t last very long. 那次停战没维持多久
[05:08] No, it didn’t. 对 是不久
[05:10] Walter Sinclair Smith stopped a Mauser round, 沃尔特·辛克莱·史密斯被步枪打死
[05:12] and it was back to business. As am I. – 而战斗又开始了 – 我也一样
[05:14] The past is in my rear-view. 过去的已经过去了
[05:16] I wanted the Olympics for NYC. We didn’t get it. 我想过让奥运会落地纽约 我们没能做到
[05:20] But there’s no reason to ready the nukes. 但没必要剑拔弩张
[05:22] I thrive in peacetime. 我会在和平里重振
[05:24] How about you? 你呢
[05:26] Oh, it’s what I live for. 我就是靠这个过活
[05:29] But, of course, 当然
[05:31] the best way to peace is through overwhelming force. 但通往和平最好的办法 还是压倒性的能力
[05:52] I was up all night with it. If he could have let it go, 我想了一晚上 如果他放手
[05:55] then maybe I’d have been able to move on. 我也能让这件事过去
[05:56] But, no, Chuck lives for just this kind of conflict. 但不是 查克是靠这种冲突生活的
[05:59] He had to remind me that he took from me. 他必须要提醒我 他胜利了
[06:02] – Now it’s time to take back. – Sure, boss. – 是时候赢回来了 – 当然 老大
[06:04] Let’s go full Rooster Cogburn on his ass. 让我们像狂人考伯恩那样好好收拾他
[06:06] That makes me Mattie Ross. Out for blood. 那我就是玛蒂·罗斯了 为报血仇
[06:09] Didn’t realize you took this setback so personally. 我都不知道你对这次失败这么认真
[06:11] I was brought in to land the Olympics safely, 我来是为了协助奥运成功举办
[06:13] not to have them blow up like an Irish car bomb. 而不是像爱尔兰汽车爆炸掉
[06:15] Well, I could still use your legal expertise. 我还是需要你的专业法律知识
[06:17] Chuck is an elected official, 查克是民选官员
[06:19] which by its very nature makes him vulnerable. 这是他天然的弱点
[06:21] Sure, what are we gonna do? 当然 我们要做什么
[06:23] Line up and vote him out in two years? 整装待发 然后两年后把他投出去
[06:31] There’s a much smaller vote that can take place, and sooner. 最近有个小规模投票 很快就来了
[06:34] The rare, quick arrivederci of New York politics. 在纽约政治中罕见的快速流程
[06:40] Chuck can be removed as AG. 查克可以从检察长上被撤下来
[06:42] He’s standing over a trapdoor as we speak. 我们说话时他正站在陷阱口上
[06:45] How do we pull the lever? 怎么把他拉下来
[06:47] Get the governor on board, for starters. 首先 让州长同意
[06:49] Then it’s a two-thirds majority of the state Senate. 然后取得州参议院三分之二的支持
[06:51] But you’re up against Chuck’s entrenched interests 但你要面对的是查克在这个州各个角落
[06:53] in every corner of the state, 根深蒂固的利益链条
[06:54] from Taughannock Falls to Lake Placid. 从陶汉诺克瀑布到普拉西德湖
[06:56] I know how to make new friends. 我很会交新朋友
[06:58] It’s easier when the old ones 如果老朋友没先发制人人身攻击你
[06:59] aren’t poisoning the well before you drink from it. 那将会更容易
[07:01] I agree. If Chuck even catches wind of you 我同意 如果查克哪怕得到一点风声
[07:03] trying to trade favors in his ring, 你在他的势力范围买通人
[07:05] you better have muleta and sword ready. 你得把长剑和红布都准备好
[07:06] He’ll come charging right at you. 他立刻就会撞向你
[07:07] Common misconception 一般来说大家都认为
[07:09] that bulls become angry when they see red. 公牛是因为看见红色才发怒
[07:11] No, they respond to the movement of the cape, not the color, 但它们是回应斗篷的动作 不是颜色
[07:13] which is red to mask the blood. 红色只是为了掩盖血迹
[07:15] So we need to wave something to get his attention. 所以我们需要声东击西
[07:56] I know what we need to do. 我知道怎么做了
[08:13] Welcome to The Bates. How may I assist you? 欢迎来到贝茨俱乐部 需要什么帮助
[08:15] I’m here to meet a Mr. Legere. 我来见莱热尔先生
[08:16] Sure, one moment. 当然 请稍等
[08:21] I’m sorry, he hasn’t arrived yet. 抱歉 他还没到
[08:23] Okay, thanks. 好 谢谢
[08:25] I’m sorry, ma’am, 不好意思女士
[08:27] are you a member? 你是会员吗
[08:28] No, like I said, 不 我说了
[08:30] I’m meeting Stuart Legere, who is. 我是来见斯图尔特·莱热尔的 他是会员
[08:32] You’ll have to wait outside. 那您得去外面等
[08:33] Excuse me? 什么
[08:35] The executive lounge is for members only. 行政休息室仅为会员服务
[08:37] You mean the lobby? I can’t sit in the lobby? 你是说大堂吗 我连大堂都不能坐吗
[08:40] All guests must be accompanied by members while on premises. 所有客人都需会员陪同在场
[08:52] I’m sure it’s a great stock, 我确定那只股票超好
[08:53] and I’d go all in on it if I worked 如果我在JT马琳工作
[08:55] at fucking JT Marlin, 我一定全投进去
[08:57] but I have to produce results. 但我得制造结果
[08:59] Oh, hold it for me, please! 哦 请等一下 拜托
[09:00] I’m sorry, lady, that’s not how it works. 不好意思女士 这里不是这样的
[09:02] You got your key? 你有钥匙吗
[09:03] You’ve got to have a key. 你必须有钥匙
[09:07] I just wanted to take my baby to the park, pendejo. 我只想带孩子去公园 混蛋
[09:11] I’ll ram it up their keister… 我要撞他们屁股
[09:12] Hey. 嗨
[09:14] I think I need to arrest someone for being an asshole. 我想把某些人抓起来 因为他太混蛋了
[09:16] Can we do that? 我们能这么做吗
[09:18] Well, I used to try more than I do now, 我以前比现在抓得多
[09:19] but, yeah, sure. 但是 也可以
[09:21] Guy right there, Lulu Lehman Brothers, 这个男的 露露·里蒙兄弟
[09:23] just closed the gate on a woman pushing a stroller 刚刚把一位推婴儿车的女士拒之门外
[09:25] because she didn’t have a key. 就因为她没钥匙
[09:27] Well, that beautiful, verdant park 这座美丽 青翠的公园
[09:29] doubles as an asshole magnet. 还真是超级混蛋吸引器
[09:30] Whole block is. 整个街区都混蛋
[09:32] Only reason I’m waiting here is because the Bates Club 我在这儿等着就是因为
[09:34] just booted me out. 贝茨俱乐部把我赶出来了
[09:35] – Didn’t you give the name? – Yeah. – 你没报名字吗 – 报了
[09:37] Right before they showed me the service entrance. 他们就把我领到员工出口了
[09:39] I feel like I’m in They Live and I’m about to go 我觉得我是不是活在《极度空间》
[09:41] Rowdy Roddy Piper on someone’s ass. 要去像罗迪派普那样去摔跤
[09:43] Fucking now! Like the Wolf says, 就像《华尔街之狼》说的
[09:46] money is the oxygen of capitalism. 金钱是资本主义的氧气
[09:48] You know, we can’t actually arrest folks 你知道的 我们不能因为这些人是混蛋
[09:50] for being schmucks, 逮捕他们
[09:52] but we can stop structural schmuckiness. 但我们可以阻止混蛋组织
[09:54] We have a mandate to do so. 我们有权这么做
[09:56] And that park is the perfect target, 而那个公园就是我们出手的绝佳目标
[09:59] because it’s symbolic of so much more. 因为它的象征意义远不止如此
[10:03] Of all the different kinds of entry denied to people 象征着将非上层人士挡在外边的
[10:04] – who aren’t at the top. – That’s right. – 一扇扇大门 – 没错
[10:07] Back in the late ’60s, you know, 在六十年代末的时候
[10:09] a couple of teenagers crashed their motorcycles 有一对小青年骑着摩托
[10:11] into the gates, took a few turns around the old green. 闯进了大门 在草坪上转了几圈
[10:14] Tore it up quite a bit before taking off. 把草坪划得稀烂后扬长而去
[10:17] And you may think that there was an outcry. 你可能以为这会激起公愤
[10:19] – No? – No, indeed. – 难道没有吗 – 确实没有
[10:21] It was on the heels of Woodstock. 因为就发生在伍德斯托克音乐节之后
[10:23] Everybody just thought they were doing it for peace and love. 所有人都认为他们这么做是为了爱与和平
[10:24] – Different times. – Maybe so. – 时异事殊啊 – 或许是吧
[10:27] But that gate. 但是那扇门
[10:29] I’m thinking it can be turned into our key. 我们可以把它变成手中的钥匙
[10:32] – To what? – Unlock the city. – 用来做什么 – 解锁这个城市
[10:37] Ah, Stuart Legere. 啊 斯图尔特·莱热尔
[10:38] So I looked into what you asked. 我按你说的去查了
[10:41] I see we’re past the formalities. 看来我们不必再拘泥于客套了
[10:43] You’ve got me under your thumb. Doesn’t buy you any smiles. 我都被你拿捏住了 就不用阿谀谄媚了吧
[10:46] You want to know where Prince is at and what he’s going to do? 想知道普林斯的处境和他下一步的计划吗
[10:50] Well, he’s wounded. Badly. 他元气大伤
[10:52] And I know more. 我还知道更多消息
[10:54] We can discuss it inside. I have the best table waiting. 咱们可以进去详谈 里面有顶级雅座
[10:56] No, let’s go somewhere open to more than the landed gentry, 不 咱们去个不只对上层人开放的地儿吧
[10:59] shall we? 好吗
[11:05] You and your group pivoted like a top Texas cutting horse 你和你的团队在超音的交易里
[11:07] on the Hypersonic trade. 转变得跟德州顶尖的拦牛马一样快
[11:09] We like to stay nimble. 我们想要随机应变
[11:10] And I see you’ve also taken 我还看到你们
[11:11] a substantial short position on it. 大量减仓了超音的股票
[11:13] I was taught a good investor can change their mind in an instant, 我听说一个好的投资者能瞬间改变想法
[11:16] but a great one needs to be able to do a full 180. 而顶尖的能做出完全相反的决定
[11:19] Losing the sponsorship of the Games 丢掉奥运会的赞助商身份
[11:21] – can’t have hurt them that bad. – We’ll see. – 并不会重创他们 – 到时就知道了
[11:23] The other part of that good investor-great investor thing 另一个”好”跟”顶尖”之间的区别是
[11:26] is that they 180 on new information. 他们是否根据新的信息做出决策
[11:29] So, what was it? 所以 你们掌握到了什么新消息
[11:31] Something one of my gang, Rian, figured about their tech. 我的团队成员利婉发现他们在技术上有问题
[11:34] A totally legal move on our part. 我们的行为完全合法
[11:37] – Still, I should probably… – Say less. – 不过 我还是应该… – 不必多说
[11:39] As the kids would put it, yes. 像伙计们说的那样 好吧
[11:42] – It’s time. – Should we send her in? – 到点了 – 我们要带她进来吗
[11:44] Appreciate the update. Excellent work. 感谢汇报 做得很好
[11:50] – Please, come in. – Thank you. – 请进 – 谢谢
[11:52] This is Michael Prince. 这就是迈克尔·普林斯
[11:55] – Good to see you. – Good to see you. – 很高兴见到你 – 我也很高兴见到你
[11:57] – Let’s take a couple shots. – Of course. – 一起拍几张合影吧 – 好呀
[11:58] Nice. I got you. 很好 拍完了
[12:00] – Hey, peach! – What? – 嘿 宝贝们 – 什么情况
[12:04] All right, everyone, pencils down. 好了 大家都先把手头的事放一放
[12:07] Place your open material faceup on the table in front of you. 非保密的文件就不用收起来了
[12:10] Holy shit, look who’s back. 天 是谁回来了
[12:11] – What’s up, Mafee? – My brothers. – 玛斐 近来还好吗 – 好兄弟
[12:13] Actually, we just stopped by to steal some office supplies. 其实我们就是顺路过来盘些办公用品
[12:17] How’s new-co? 新公司怎么样
[12:18] Strikes and gutters, you know. 时好时坏啦
[12:20] – All right, dude. – Dollar Bill. Mafee. – 好吧 老兄 – 多乐尔·比尔和玛斐来啦
[12:22] – What’s the rumpus? – Meetings in the building. – 来这儿有何贵干呀 – 来这栋楼里开会
[12:24] Wanted to come by and see the reno-vaysh. 顺道过来看看这儿”改糟”得怎样了
[12:26] So, who’s the, uh, slightly younger, 那么 那个比我年轻
[12:28] less handsome, suave version of me? 但没我帅的温柔版的我 是谁
[12:30] This is Philip Charyn. 就是他 菲利普·恰伦
[12:32] New pm. 我们的新项目经理
[12:33] Dollar Bill and Mafee. 这两位是多乐尔·比尔和玛斐
[12:35] Well, it’s a pleasure. Your reps precede. 幸会 大名鼎鼎啊
[12:37] Philip’s been instrumental in helping 菲利普为引领公司的新航向
[12:38] to steer this ship in a new direction. 出了不少力
[12:40] Thanks, Taylor. 过奖了 泰勒
[12:42] And what direction is that? 引向何方啊
[12:43] Towards a sandbar in the Suez Canal? 搁浅在苏伊士运河的某个沙洲上吗
[12:45] Whoops. Sorry about the Olympics, guys. 喔哟 伙计们 奥运会的事情很抱歉
[12:48] There’s always next decade. 下个十年还有机会的
[12:50] What’d your nana tell you about 玛斐 你奶奶要是看到你戳别人痛处
[12:51] joining in with the bullies? 她会作何评价啊
[12:52] Don’t make me call her and tell on you 可别逼我在你们每周的视频通话前
[12:53] before your weekly FaceTime. 跟她打电话告你的状噢
[12:55] I got carried away. 我忘形了
[12:56] I am sorry you lost the Games and all that business, 很抱歉你们失去了奥运会和相关的生意
[12:58] if it mattered to you. 你们很看重这件事
[12:59] I know, Mafee. And Nana would be proud. 嗯 玛斐 你奶奶会为你骄傲的
[13:02] You two sticking around for a while? 你俩还要在这待一阵子吗
[13:03] No, we got to get back soon. 不了 我们很快就得回去了
[13:05] Just wanted to pop in and say hi. 只是想过来打个招呼
[13:06] Rap your knuckles against our balls. 反戈一击吗
[13:08] Still tungsten, so tap lightly for your sake. 我还很坚强的 好自为之 可别用力过猛了
[13:20] “Reno-vaysh”? Really? You’re abbreviating everything now? “改糟” 认真的吗 你现在每句都这样说话吗
[13:36] I’d offer you something to drink, 我想给你拿点喝的
[13:38] but you won’t be staying long. 但你不会在此久留
[13:39] You want to take a swing at me 你想揍我
[13:41] because I didn’t indulge 难道是因为我没有
[13:43] your childhood train conductor fantasy? 实现你当列车长的童年幻想吗
[13:44] Go ahead. 那就来吧
[13:46] I’ll even take off my hat, Sergeant Hulka-style. 我甚至会像胡卡中士那样把帽子摘下来
[13:48] Yeah, well, the difference is, 嗯 但差别在于
[13:50] you’d be the one who’d end up gutted, 你才会是那个肚子挨了一拳
[13:51] bent over, and sucking wind. 被打得跪倒在地大喘气的人
[13:53] I’ll take the punch to the belly instead of this. 那我宁愿肚子挨上一拳也不愿意看到这个
[13:59] Are you hacking my phone now, Governor? 你是黑进我的手机了嘛 州长大人
[14:01] No, sir. Got it from a comms guy I know. 没 这是我从一个线人那儿收到的
[14:04] Went from his Slack channel to my aide’s phone to mine. 通过隐匿频道发到我助理手机上 再转给我
[14:07] You see, Mr. Prince, news travels fast, 普林斯先生 你瞧 信息传播得就是如此之快
[14:09] especially when it’s about my potential opponent, 特别是跟我潜在的竞争对手
[14:11] Celina Russell. 赛琳娜·拉塞尔有关的时候
[14:13] Yeah, well, 嗯 好吧
[14:14] I’m shopping for a new governor. 我在物色新的州长
[14:16] Remember, you break it, you buy it. 记好了 犯了错就要付出代价
[14:18] Make sure you like what you have, 搞清楚你拥有的到底是不是你渴求的
[14:20] and that you’re not just grabbing the first 不要看到什么耀眼
[14:22] – shiny object you see. – Come on. – 你就一把抓过来 – 拜托
[14:24] Brilliant former legal aide-turned-cable news pundit 才华横溢的前法律助理 转行成新闻评论员
[14:26] with hometown roots in Rochester? 还是个土生土长的罗切斯特人
[14:28] And with that winning, high-wattage smile. 笑容让人如沐春风
[14:30] What’s not to love? 让人有什么理由不爱呢
[14:32] And soon, she won’t be able to close 用不了多久 她竞选资金的小金库
[14:34] her campaign finance war chest, 就会连门都关不上
[14:35] ’cause I’ll have overstuffed it. 因为我会把它填得满满当当
[14:36] She’ll primary you, 她将在胜过你
[14:38] We’ll outspend and outspin you in every county. 我们在每个县都会在财力和结果上把你击败
[14:40] Man, I so want to go chest-to-chest with you on this, 好家伙 我真想跟你好好打上一架
[14:42] you know, Rocky Graziano-style, 像洛基·格拉齐亚诺那样给你一拳干翻
[14:44] but I think you’d see right through my hard-eyed pose. 但我觉得你还是会看穿我的冷眼
[14:47] We both know I barely won my last election, 你我都知道 我上次选举是侥幸赢的
[14:49] and that’s when my opponent was in the wrong party. 因为那时候我的对手站错了阵营
[14:52] The hell am I gonna do against Miss America? 但这次你要我怎么去跟”美国小姐”对线
[14:54] Simple, you can agree to what I want. 这还不简单 你支持我想要的就行
[14:57] Which is? 是什么
[14:59] Rhoades kicked to the curb. 把罗兹踹出去
[15:01] Specifically, I need you to write a letter 具体来说 我要你帮我写一封信
[15:03] to the New York Senate requesting a special session 给纽约州参议院 要求召开特别会议
[15:05] to vote on his removal. 投票同意他的离职
[15:06] On what grounds? 理由是啥
[15:08] See? You’re already asking the right questions. 看 你已经在问对的问题了
[15:11] Maybe there’s hope for you after all. 或许你还是有希望的
[15:12] – I’ll send you the details. – No, no, no. – 我会把细节用邮件发给你 – 不了 不了
[15:14] I got no reason to spend my political capital 我没有理由将我的政治资本
[15:16] on your Randall Flagg. 挥霍在你那阴魂不散的死敌身上
[15:18] He’s yours, too. 他也是你的死敌啊
[15:22] You work in an abattoir long enough, 你在屠宰场待久了
[15:24] you become nose-deaf to the blood and guts. 血和内脏的味道都闻不到了
[15:27] Doesn’t mean that the agent of death isn’t there. 但不代表杀手就不存在
[15:30] You’ve been wading through it so long, 你趟了这么久的浑水
[15:32] you don’t realize he is. 都意识不到他就是那个杀手
[15:36] Listen, I’m not gonna sign anything 听着 我什么都不会签的
[15:40] unless you can guarantee me 除非你能向我保证
[15:41] you got two-thirds of the Senate with you, 参议院里有三分之二的人
[15:43] willing to vote him out. 都会把他投出去
[15:44] We need Chuck dead, 我们必须将查克赶尽杀绝
[15:46] not wounded and angry. 不是让他受创而恼怒
[15:50] I’ll get you your two-thirds. 我会给你那三分之二的人的
[15:52] Just have your pen ready. 你只需动笔写信就行
[16:08] “Unlock the city”? 解锁这个城市
[16:10] That’s the battle cry? Huh! 这就是你们的口号吗 呵
[16:12] Well, considered “There is no land for us 呃 倒是想用”伏尔加河对岸
[16:14] beyond the Volga,” but it was taken. 容不下我们” 但这句已经被用过了
[16:15] Well, at least the Russians had 至少俄罗斯人
[16:16] a literal snowball’s chance of winning. 有一丝胜算
[16:18] – We don’t. – Hold on, Van de Veld Park – 可我们没有 – 等等范德维德公园
[16:20] has a tax exemption. 享有土地税豁免
[16:22] It’s regulated like a nonprofit. 它是按照非营利机构来监管的
[16:24] State law prohibits discrimination in public spaces. 州法禁止公共场所的歧视行为
[16:26] And a park is, by its very function, 而就公园的功能而言
[16:28] a public accommodation, and must be non-discriminatory. 它就是一个公共场所 必须是非歧视性的
[16:31] Unless it’s a private park, like Van de Veld. 除非是个私人公园 比如范德维德公园
[16:34] The land belongs to the adjacent condo owners 那块地属于附近的公寓业主
[16:37] and has since the McClendon Trust was formed in 1912. 1912年麦克伦登信托基金成立以来一直如此
[16:41] Maybe billionaires have the right to close off 也许亿万富翁们有权
[16:43] and restrict acres of nature in the middle of an urban center. 将城市中央数亩自然风光封锁起来据为己有
[16:46] The question we’re posing is: should they? 但我们要提出的疑问是 他们应该这么做吗
[16:49] Everyone else has to pay taxes for the property they own. 每个人都得为名下拥有的地产缴税
[16:52] Why should the top 1% have a loophole 为什么这百分之一的顶层人士就可以钻漏洞
[16:53] that exempts them from the same? 免除这笔税务呢
[16:55] Why should Busby Berkeley be a household name, 为什么巴斯比·伯克利能家喻户晓
[16:57] but Gower Champion is largely unknown? 而高尔·钱皮恩就寂寂无闻呢
[16:59] There are injustices in the world, 世间有种种不公
[17:01] and one of those is, the rich have loopholes. 而其中之一就是 富人总能钻空子
[17:04] Until now. 到此为止
[17:06] Either pay up or unlock the gates. 要么缴税 要么开放公园大门
[17:07] It won’t hold up in court. 在法庭上是站不住脚的
[17:09] So there must be a win in just picking the fight. 所以只要挑起事端 就已经是一种胜利了
[17:11] We don’t need a courtroom to let the billionaires 我们无需让那些亿万富翁们
[17:13] start turning their guns on each other. 到法庭上针锋相对
[17:15] Okay, then let me hit Bass Pro Shops 好吧 那我这就去专业钓鱼店
[17:18] for a rod and reel to use on this fishing expedition. 买个钓杆和鱼线轮 为钓鱼执法做准备
[17:21] Yep, we just need the right bait to 我们只需找个合适的诱饵
[17:23] get a keymaster to let us in. 拿到钥匙 放我们进去
[17:27] I’m telling you, Gold Bond Medicated, you slap it 我跟你讲 你就把金邦德爽身粉
[17:30] right up there between your crack and your sack, 拍在腹股沟内
[17:33] and it’s like disco dust for your taint. 然后你的老二就会跟灯球一样闪耀
[17:35] -Hold on. – State police. – 慢着 – 州警
[17:37] Fuck– What the– Hey! Hey! 靠 搞什么 嘿 嘿
[17:40] – Hey! – Steven Birch, – 嘿 – 史蒂芬·博奇
[17:42] a jackal at large in the city. 逍遥法外的一条豺狼
[17:44] Imagine my surprise when I discovered 想象一下 当我发现
[17:46] that you sit on the board of trustees 你是这个私人公园的董事会成员
[17:48] for the very private park 而我在对调查这家公园时
[17:50] into which I am conducting an investigation. 我是多么地惊讶
[17:52] – Into what? – Your tax-exempt status. – 调查什么 – 你的免税资格
[17:55] I’m curious, how many people have one of those coveted keys? 我很好奇 有多少人有那把令人垂涎的钥匙
[18:00] Any parkside resident in one of 44 surrounding buildings. 公园周边四十四栋楼的所有住户
[18:05] So 481 keys, give or take. 一共481把钥匙 大概
[18:08] – But that list is private. – Not for long. – 但名单保密 – 保密不了多久了
[18:11] You grab me off the street 你从街上把我拽过来
[18:13] because you want to push your little girl on our swings? 就因为你想让你的女儿玩我们的秋千吗
[18:15] Or are you harassing me just for the fun of it? 还是说你闹着玩来骚扰我的
[18:18] No, I do it to get revenge for people like a young mother 没有 我只是想为百姓报仇
[18:21] who got locked out because she happened to be brown 如年轻母亲被拒之门外 因为她是棕色皮肤
[18:23] and some Wall Street raider-type 因为某个华尔街银行家
[18:26] wanted to finish his phone call. 刚好想要讲完电话
[18:28] Sounds like a regrettable mistake. 听起来是个令人遗憾的误会
[18:30] Well… preventable one, certainly. 是完全可以避免的
[18:32] What’s going to be regrettable 真正会让人遗憾的是
[18:34] are the news stories and the cause of action I bring 这事登上新闻 而我会为这些
[18:36] on behalf of the people against the chairman 反对你这个物业主席的人
[18:38] of the conservancy, you, 采取行动
[18:40] and likely an inquiry into 然后很可能会将群众请愿升级为
[18:42] and audit of your businesses to go along with it. 对你公司的审查 一起拖下水
[18:47] Boy, you look like that guy in the old photo 兄弟 你看着就像是老照片里
[18:49] trying to catch a cannonball with his belly. 想要用肚子接住炮弹的人
[18:52] Just grimacing and pretending to smile through the pain. 龇牙咧嘴 在痛苦中假装微笑
[18:56] That look you’re seeing is me reacting 你看到的是我
[18:58] to the smell of bullshit wafting through your car. 对你车里满嘴胡话的臭味的反应
[19:00] No, no. 不行
[19:02] You know what? No. 你听着 不行
[19:03] I’m going to stay above it. 我要提前准备好
[19:05] What will it take to get you to leave me alone, Mr. Rhoades? 我要做什么 罗兹先生你才能放过我呢
[19:09] A list of your members. 一份住户名单
[19:10] Because I intend to serve every keyholder, bring suit, 我准备给所有钥匙持有人发传票 打官司
[19:14] and let a judge’s gavel be my battering ram 让法官的木槌成为我的攻城槌
[19:16] on those fucking gates. 打开这些大门
[19:26] I have some preternatural skills, you know? 我有一些特异功能 你知道么
[19:29] Think fast. Talk fast. Run fast. These things come in handy. 想得快 讲得快 跑得快 这些技能都很方便
[19:32] Except when… 除非…
[19:33] Except when the fast talking outpaces the fast thinking. 除非语速超过了脑速
[19:36] Such as when you suggested we oust Chuck 比如你刚刚说的用奥尔巴尼三部曲方式
[19:38] using Albany Trilogy methods. 来赶走查克
[19:41] I mean, it was Chuck who first turned me on to those books. 当年就是查克让我看的这几本书
[19:45] That’s not why you’re begging out now, though. 不过 这不是你打退堂鼓的理由
[19:47] It surely is not, but, uh, I… 当然不是 但我…
[19:49] I can’t be seen having a hand in this. 我不能被发现插手其中
[19:51] Sure you can. 为何不可
[19:53] Hard-nosed political operative is a useful descriptor 对于你的事业
[19:55] for someone who wants the trajectory you do. 强硬政治活动非常重要
[19:57] It can be played as disloyal to him that made me. 这会让我看上去对他不厚道
[20:00] Also to the public as, I lined up with a billionaire against– 并且从公众角度 我和亿万富翁合作
[20:03] This billionaire is worth more than the public to you 对你来说 要赢得你所垂涎的席位
[20:05] in terms of winning the seat you covet. 这亿万富翁比公众更有价值
[20:06] Financing primaries and general elections and so on. 包括为初选和大选等等提供资金
[20:10] Getting his friends to throw in too. 拉上朋友来帮忙
[20:12] Learned not to trust promises like that. 以前经验教我不能相信这样的承诺
[20:14] Yet my whole reputation is based on keeping promises like that. 而我的名声靠的就是一言九鼎
[20:23] How about this, you give me the info I need to do it, 不如这样 你给我我所需要的信息
[20:25] watch me as I do it, guide my hand, 旁观我 指导我
[20:28] and I alone will know your involvement. 只有我知道你参与其中
[20:40] Sixty-three seats in the state Senate. 州参议员的六十三个席位
[20:42] No term limits. 没有任期限制
[20:43] Deeply entrenched lifers not easily swayed 老议员们不会轻易
[20:46] by opportunities waiting for them in the private sector, 被私人企业的资本所动摇
[20:48] and some who actually care about what’s good for their districts. 但有些是真心为其街区谋福利的
[20:53] Give each one a cookie. 雨露均沾 每人一甜头
[20:54] And the rest? 剩下的呢
[20:56] Care about what’s good for them. 关心他们的切身利益
[20:58] Their political futures. 他们的政治前途
[21:00] So to reach two-thirds– 为了拿到三分之二的支持率
[21:02] You need 42 votes. 你需要四十二张选票
[21:04] Can you guide me there? 你能引导我成功吗
[21:05] You know I can. 你知道我可以的
[21:13] He’s coming after all the Van de Veld Park keyholders, 他是冲着所有有范德维德公园钥匙的人来的
[21:17] which means you and our neighbors. 也就是你和你的邻居们
[21:19] On what grounds? 以什么理由
[21:21] I mean, let Rhoades try to step foot on private property 你让罗兹试试没有搜查令
[21:23] without a warrant. 就擅闯私宅
[21:24] Does he have a complaint? 他收到了投诉吗
[21:25] Sounds like NYAG 纽约总检察长听上去
[21:26] is on some plebeian jihad. 是在进行平民圣战
[21:28] I’m on your side, and that sounded offensive. 我站在你这边 那听起来不尊重人
[21:31] What they’re really after 他们实际想要的是
[21:32] is dissolving our board of directors, 瓦解我们董事会
[21:34] strip us of our tax-exempt status. 剥夺我们的免税资格
[21:36] – Fuck! – I’d like to see him try. – 淦 – 你让他试试
[21:38] Better men have been run out on a rail for less. 比他更厉害的人 都会因此结束政治生涯的
[21:40] Trust me, I know. 相信我 我见过
[21:42] And I’ll show him what he can do with his injunction. 我可以让他明白他的禁令究竟有什么用
[21:44] That’s just it. 就是这样
[21:46] He wants us to throw money at the problem, prove a point. 他就想让我们在这问题上花钱 来证明观点
[21:49] Make us put ourselves on display. 让我们公之于众
[21:50] Well, I’m not giving up my condo. 我不想卖掉我的公寓
[21:52] I just reestablished residency with my new girlfriend. 我才和新女友住了进去
[21:54] She loves the park. 她很喜欢那公园
[21:56] What else is there? 还有什么呢
[21:57] What the fuck, Birch? What is this, a setup? 什么鬼 博奇 这是什么阴谋
[22:01] I’m not here to fight you, Lazarra, 我不是要来跟你吵架的 拉扎拉
[22:03] despite how you all sold me out. 即使你们都出卖了我
[22:05] I’m here to fight alongside you. 我是来和你们并肩作战的
[22:07] I don’t ask much of the city. 我对这城市要求不高
[22:09] But I do think I’ve earned the right to some privacy. 但我还是需要些隐私权
[22:12] As we all have. 我们皆是
[22:13] Elitism isn’t your thing, Mike. 精英主义不适合你 迈克
[22:15] It’s not elitism, it’s self-preservation. 这不是精英主义 是自我保护
[22:18] More territory Chuck Rhoades has invaded. 查克·罗兹入侵的地方更多了
[22:20] That man is responsible for us 原来我们走进餐馆会被当作贵族一样服务
[22:21] going from being treated like royalty 现在我们得和其他人一样
[22:23] when we walked into restaurants 用预约软件来订位
[22:24] to having to use OpenTable like everyone else. 他要对此负责
[22:27] You think he’s going to stop at the park? 你觉得他赢得公园就会满足了吗
[22:29] The Knickerbocker, the Metropolitan, the Core Club. 尼克博克酒店 大都会艺术博物馆 核心俱乐部
[22:32] All storied institutions we’re members of, 所有我们有会员资格的
[22:35] reserved for us to gather in peace. 就是为了给我们聚会的传奇场所
[22:38] He’ll go after them next. 他之后就会开始针对这些
[22:39] See? Jihad. That’s what I said. 看到了吧 圣战 我说了
[22:42] At what point will we have to leave New York City altogether 不知道什么时候 我们需要一起离开纽约
[22:45] just to avoid a wealth tax? 来避免富人税
[22:46] Because make no mistake, that’s where this is going. 别弄错了 事件就是会如此发展
[22:49] And you’ve come down from the heavens to save us? 而你是天降救兵么
[22:51] Pretty much. 差不多
[22:53] You fell under his spell, Birch. 你被迷惑了 博奇
[22:55] He used you to get us all here. 他利用你来把我们召集起来
[22:56] We needed a lifeboat. He was the only one offering. 我们需要一个救生艇 只有他愿意提供
[22:59] Yeah, why would you offer to help us 奥利匹克计划失败了
[23:01] after the Olympics deal going south? 为什么你还愿意帮我们
[23:03] I’m willing to look past your betrayal. 我愿意忘记你的背叛
[23:05] And I’ll take care of Chuck Rhoades, 我会搞定查克·罗兹
[23:06] so you can keep your hands clean. 不会脏了你们的手
[23:08] But if you screw me again in even the slightest way, 但如果你再在背后搞我
[23:11] I’ll maim every single one of you 我就像《第一滴血》中约翰尼·兰博一样
[23:14] like Johnny Rambo in Blood. 把你们每一个人都打残
[23:16] You’re not throwing in with us 你不是因为爱这城或我们
[23:17] because you love this place or us. 而跟我们合作
[23:20] And what is the real agenda? 所以真正目的是什么
[23:22] What price are you looking to exact? 你想要我们付出什么代价
[23:24] A price has to be paid, sure. 当然 是要付出代价的
[23:25] But it’ll be to your benefit in the long run. 不过长远来看 对你是有利的
[23:27] If I do this for you, 如果我为你们做这件事
[23:28] you’ll have to put up your money. 你需要拿钱出来
[23:31] You’ll each invest a quarter bil at MPC. 每人向迈克尔普林斯资本投资250,000美元
[23:39] Believe me, Senator, I take no pleasure 相信我 参议员 我也不想找
[23:41] in going after these Van de Veld Park trustees. 这些范德维尔德公园的信托人麻烦的
[23:43] They’re fine citizens, one and all. 他们是良好市民 每个都是
[23:45] Or maybe not so fine. 或许也没那么良好
[23:47] But someone needs to advocate for the people 但总得有人为真正的纳税人发声
[23:49] who actually pay taxes, and on this one, that’s me. 在这案件中 那就是我
[23:52] Have a good day, Senator. 祝安 再见 参议员
[23:55] Third state senator to pressure me on this thing. 第三个州参议员来为此向我施压了
[23:58] That jibes with what I know. 这与我所知道的不谋而合
[24:00] The cabal is reunited. 那帮人又联合起来了
[24:02] And they’re strategizing with Prince now 他们在和普林斯一起制定战略
[24:04] on how to fight this effort. 来对抗我们
[24:06] And true to form, he stuck them each for investable funds. 毫无意外 他是为了从每个人那拉来投资
[24:09] And true to form, we’re going to mow them down. 更毫无意外的是 我们要斩草除根了
[24:11] I have State Senator Tharp on two 萨普州参议员等在电话线路二上
[24:14] and Assembly member Ma still holding on line one. 而立法议会马议员还在线路一上等着
[24:16] The wolves are out. 狼出窝了
[24:18] The harder they push, the more I know we’re onto something. 他们来得越猛 我就越知道我们方向正确
[24:21] Hold all such calls, please. 都让这些电话等着 拜托了
[24:23] You can only ignore them for so long. 你拖延不了多长时间
[24:25] Just until we got them in front of a judge. 拖到我们能把他们都送上法庭就行
[24:51] Hey, Taylor. 嗨 泰勒
[24:54] How’s it going? 怎么样了
[24:58] Yeah, always good to see friends and colleagues 在去办公室的老路上
[25:00] on the old ride to the office. 见到朋友和同事总是让人高兴的
[25:03] Better than a funeral cortege, you know? 比参加葬礼好多了
[25:06] How was lunch? 午餐如何
[25:07] – Nothing special. – It was great. – 没什么特别的 – 很棒
[25:09] Fine. Just fine. Nothing special, as he said. 挺好的 如他说的 没什么特别的
[25:15] You’re going to lose Ben and Tuk. 本和图克要跳槽了
[25:17] – They told you this? – Not in so many words, no. – 他们跟你说的吗 – 没有明确说明
[25:19] But, yes, by their affect, 但 通过他们的神情
[25:21] which was more nervous than usual. 比平时紧张多了
[25:23] I saw them coming back from lunch sucking on Blue Bottle. 我看到他们午餐回来 喝着蓝瓶咖啡
[25:25] – That’s the shit Mafee drinks. – Meaning? – 那是玛斐喝的玩意 – 意味着什么
[25:27] Either they suddenly grew a taste for artisanal iced coffee 可能是他们突然喜欢上了手工冰咖啡
[25:29] and went out of their way to get it, 然后专门跑出去买
[25:31] or they took an interview at High Plains. 不然就是他们去”高原”面试了
[25:33] They’re not under contract, are they? 他们没签劳动合同的 对吧
[25:35] Sounds like an HR thing. Maybe you take it up with Wendy. 感觉是人事的是 你或许要跟温蒂说一下
[25:36] She’s out. She took some personal leave 她不在 请了事假
[25:38] to refocus and reboot, but you’re missing the point. 来重新集中精力和重启头脑 这不是重点
[25:40] Do you really think they’d leave Michael Prince 你觉得他们真的会离开迈克尔·普林斯
[25:42] and Starfleet Command for a baby bro fund? 跑去一个新生基金当星际迷航指挥官吗
[25:44] If they plan to leave together, 如果他们计划一起跳槽
[25:46] then maybe they don’t really want to leave. 那或许他们不是真的想要跳槽
[25:48] But it’s friends going to work with friends. 而是朋友想和朋友一起工作
[25:50] Different, yet familiar. They’re feeling nostalgic. 不同 但相似 他们怀念旧时了
[25:52] You have a chance to walk this back. 你还可以把他们留住的
[25:53] Unless it’s their time to move on. 除非他们是该离开了
[25:55] Look, it can be difficult 离开你喜欢的东西或许很难受
[25:57] leaving something you love, even when you know you should. 即使你知道这是你应该做的
[25:59] – That sounds personal. – It is. – 你是在说我吗 – 是的
[26:01] I had a chance to study under Daphne Koller. 我曾有机会在达芙妮·科勒手下学习
[26:03] – MacArthur Fellow? – Yeah, among other awards. – 麦克阿瑟奖学金获奖者吗 – 还有其他奖
[26:05] Her work in the AI Lab at Stanford 她在斯坦福人工智能实验室的工作
[26:07] is mind-bending, 让人脑洞大开
[26:07] which is why I stayed in engineering a year longer 所以我在工程学上
[26:09] than I should have. 多读了一年
[26:11] I had a similar internal conflict with Bobby Axelrod. 我对博比·阿克塞尔罗德也感到矛盾
[26:14] He built me up and broke me down. 他激励了我却又击垮了我
[26:16] I tried to make an exit and ended up 我试图离开 结束一切
[26:17] right back where I started. 却回到一开始的地方
[26:18] And now that he’s gone, 现在他走了
[26:20] do you think you’ve stayed longer than you should have? 你不觉得在这呆久了点吗
[26:22] I did at first, 开始是这么想
[26:24] but I’ve come to realize I’m right where I need to be 后来我意识到我就应该在这里
[26:26] to get where I need to get, 达到我的目标
[26:28] which is ten figures in personal assets. 拥有十位数的个人资产
[26:30] That’s the grisbi, huh? 金钱的魅力啊
[26:32] What do you plan on doing with it? 你打算拿这笔钱做什么
[26:34] Like the assets, that’s personal. 这跟我的资产一样 是个人隐私
[26:36] Look, this is all to say, 我想说的是
[26:38] perhaps Ben and Tuk are right where they need to be too. 也许本和图克也属于现在的岗位
[26:40] And if they’re not? If their career path is to go elsewhere, 万一不是呢 如果他们要去别的公司发展
[26:42] I won’t stand in the way. 我不会阻止他们
[26:44] Uplifting sentiment, 真让人感动
[26:45] but what I’ve been trying to tell you is, 不过我要告诉你
[26:47] their departure will reflect badly on you. 他们离开对你没有好处
[26:48] It isn’t just about your book anymore. 这不仅仅是关于你的对账簿
[26:50] Losing personnel, their ideas, their value… 损失员工 还有他们的创意和价值
[26:52] that’s going to be on you. 这些都会算在你头上
[26:53] Ah. The optics. 呵 公开处刑
[26:55] Plus, they are fucking smart, good at their jobs, 而且他们非常聪明 业务能力强
[26:58] and not assholes. 也讨人喜欢
[27:00] If you can keep ’em, keep ’em. 如果可以 留下他们
[27:01] And if I can’t? 如果留不住呢
[27:03] We should set up an exit interview. 那就组织离职面谈
[27:05] Try to get something in trade. 跟他们提交换条件
[27:08] Yeah. I think… 我觉得
[27:10] So, how we looking? 现在情况如何
[27:12] We got the Hudson Valley. That gives you seven. 我们争取到了哈德逊河谷 获得七票
[27:14] Good in Finger Lakes too. 也搞定了手指湖
[27:16] Syracuse, Ithaca, Rochester, they love you. 还有雪城 伊萨卡 罗彻斯特 都支持你
[27:18] Nothing a sizable college endowment can’t buy. 给他们大学多捐钱就行
[27:20] That gives you another eight votes. 这样你又得了八票
[27:22] You like to lead with the good news. 你喜欢先说好消息
[27:23] I’ve learned something about you, Scooter. 我有点懂你了 斯科特
[27:24] But let me share the bad: 我来说不好的
[27:26] There’s a senator from Oneonta. He’s a holdout. 有位安妮昂塔的参议员 他坚决反对
[27:29] – Who’s he? – Senator Clay Tharp. Republican. – 他是谁 – 克雷·萨普议员 共和党人
[27:32] Been in the seat since Kate Sacker’s first birthday. 从凯特·塞克出生起 他就一直在位
[27:34] Ooh, that’s a long time. 那有很久了
[27:36] Not that long. 也没那么久
[27:37] He’s screening our calls. 他一直不接我们的电话
[27:39] Our magic number is 42. 我们要的数字是四十二
[27:41] Where does Tharp fit in? 萨普能占多少
[27:42] With Tharp, you get four more in the region. 有他支持 这个区你能再得四票
[27:45] He’ll get me over the line? 他能让我过线了
[27:49] That settles it, then. 那就这么定了
[27:51] We’re going to Albany. 我们去奥尔巴尼
[27:57] Mohawk tribe is from your area. 莫霍克家族跟你来自一个地方
[27:59] The Keepers of the Eastern Door of the Iroquois Confederation. 是易洛魁联盟东边门户的守护者
[28:03] Is that how you fancy yourself? 你也是这么看待自己吗
[28:05] Am I sitting with the big chief? The guardian of the region? 我面前的是酋长大人吗 整个区的守卫
[28:08] On the contrary, I’m just an elected official 恰恰相反 我只是个被推选的官员
[28:11] executing the duties of his post as he sees fit. 按主的意愿履行职责
[28:14] And does that includes holding the line for Chuck Rhoades, 他是否让你坚守查克·罗兹阵营
[28:17] regardless how misguided or even corrupt he is? 不论此人行事多么偏激甚至腐败
[28:20] Let me stop you there. 打断一下
[28:22] You want to know why I supported the Rhoades ticket? 你想知道我为什么支持罗兹吗
[28:25] I want to know the make of dark matter. 我要知道其中的黑幕
[28:27] I’ll settle for that. 这样我才能接受
[28:29] He was there for me at my lowest. 他在我最失落的时候陪着我
[28:31] Visited us when my wife took ill. 在我妻子病重时来看我们
[28:34] And at her funeral, he shook my hand, 葬礼上 他握着我的手
[28:38] he looked me in the eye, and he said… 看着我的眼睛说
[28:44] “Under better circumstances.” “情况会变好的”
[28:46] Simple words. 简单的话语
[28:48] Not nearly enough for a man who’d just lost his wife, 对一个刚丧偶的人来说远远不够
[28:51] but what would be enough? 可又有什么会够
[28:53] And I saw the beauty and the comfort in those words. 他的话让我感受到安慰 发觉生命的美好
[28:57] I’d live on. I’d return to the statehouse. 我可以活下去 回到州议会大楼
[29:01] At least I’d have that. My life’s work. 至少我有份做了一辈子的工作
[29:04] And when I did return, 当我回到议会
[29:06] Chuck would be there, 查克会在那里
[29:08] his friendship awaiting me. 他的友谊陪伴着我
[29:12] It was the promise of a better future. 那是对未来的美好展望
[29:14] And I understood that that was the most 而且我明白 那是政客间能给予的
[29:17] that one politician can give to another. 最重的承诺
[29:22] So, I’m sorry, I can’t go against him. 所以抱歉 我不能背叛他
[29:29] I could be a good friend to you too, Senator Tharp, 我也可以当你的好朋友 萨普议员
[29:32] if you let me. 只要你愿意
[29:36] What part of “I can’t help you” was unclear? 我说”帮不了你” 你哪个字听不懂
[29:54] Jesus. Again? 天哪 又来
[29:56] It’s time we stop sounding surprised. 接受现实吧
[29:58] Sacker is the walking embodiment of Sky Masterson’s cider story. 塞克就是斯凯·马斯特森的苹果酒传奇化身
[30:01] That’s one I don’t know. 这我倒不知道
[30:02] If you walk into a bar and some fella offers to bet you 假设你走进一家酒吧 有个家伙跟你打赌
[30:05] that that ace of spades is gonna jump out of a deck of cards 说黑桃A要从扑克牌中跳出来
[30:07] and squirt cider in your ear, you better believe 朝你的耳朵挤苹果酒 你最好相信
[30:09] you’re gonna end up with an ear full of cider. 你的耳朵会被苹果酒填满
[30:11] And this particular earful’s going to cost him 1,800, 因为这只满了的耳朵 他输1800块
[30:13] and you 32. 你输三十二
[30:16] My brain trust is fleecing the rest of my brain trust. 我的智囊团里 有人在欺诈我其他的智囊团
[30:19] – Happens. – What’s the verdict? – 时有发生 – 你有什么结论
[30:20] Tharp’s not moving. What have you got? 萨普不会动摇 你们有什么进展
[30:23] Economic fallout in Oneonta, his district, 在他的管辖区 安妮昂塔
[30:25] in the wake of the pandemic. 新冠产生了负面经济影响
[30:27] – Spit it. – Downtown’s an aging shithole. – 直说吧 – 市中心就是个旧粪坑
[30:29] Governor marked millions to put some perfume on that pig. 州长划了几百万来填这个坑
[30:32] -And if we make that go bye-bye? – Old white people hate – 想象我们让这笔钱消失了 – 年老的白人
[30:34] when they can’t preserve their history. 很怕不能保留他们的历史
[30:36] I suppose it’s not so simple as just asking Sweeney to renege? 我猜怂恿斯威尼反水没那么简单
[30:39] We need to identify some equally worthy projects 我们要找几个同等价值的项目
[30:41] the funds can be reallocated to. 重新分配基金
[30:44] – I’ll find it. – And we need to do so – 交给我 – 而且这么做的时候
[30:45] without exposing you, Mr. Prince, 不能让你 普林斯先生
[30:47] to criminal liability. 担上刑事责任
[30:49] At your service. 乐意效劳
[30:52] Can we pull this off in time? 我们能及时完成吗
[30:59] If we go to trial, we likely lose, 如果进入审判阶段 我们很可能会输
[31:01] so we need to negotiate a settlement 所以我们得商定一份协议
[31:02] we can paint as a win. 让我们有赢的局面
[31:04] Something they’ll take but not quite choke on. 让他们能接受但不会太难受
[31:06] Public access times, a sunset provision 增加对公众开放的时间段 一种日落法规
[31:08] that phases out the private access. 会逐步淘汰私人通道
[31:09] And you have a plan to pull that off? 你已经有办法了
[31:11] Absolutely. 当然
[31:12] We just convince the judge and our opponents 我们只需要让法官和对手相信
[31:14] that it’s not what we want. 我们没有这样的念头
[31:19] You want to open up the membership 你想让这个区域每家私人俱乐部
[31:22] to every private club and park in the region 和公园都开放会员资格
[31:25] and let anarchy reign? 然后进入无政府统治
[31:26] You’re Sid Vicious now. 你变成希德·维西斯了
[31:28] Well, as he said, “I’m not vicious, really. 如他所说 “我不是真邪恶
[31:31] I consider myself to be kindhearted. 我觉得自己很善良
[31:33] I love me mum.” 我爱我的缄默不言”
[31:35] Look, it’s laid out clearly 安排很明确
[31:38] in section 40-A that all persons shall be entitled 40-A区所有人都将有资格
[31:41] to the full and equal accommodations… 享受同等完善的休闲设施
[31:42] I’m aware of the provisions, Mr. Rhoades. 条款我很清楚 罗兹先生
[31:45] I don’t need you to recite them. 不需要你叙述
[31:48] But what I don’t see here is any indication 但我没看到任何迹象表明
[31:51] that there’s widespread violation of them. 他们明确违反了法律
[31:54] These clubs all have open-door policies in place now. 这些俱乐部现在都有开放政策
[31:58] “Open” is subject to interpretation, “开放”需要进一步解释
[32:01] as our investigation shows. 我们的调查说明了这点
[32:03] Well, let’s see. 来看看
[32:06] An African-American man was yelled at by a security guard. 保安朝一个非洲裔美国人大吼
[32:10] A woman overheard two men crack a sexist joke, 女子无意中听到 两个男人讲性别歧视的笑话
[32:13] and their membership wasn’t revoked. 他们的会员资格并未取消
[32:17] One club only has two Jewish members. 一个俱乐部只有两名犹太人
[32:19] Two? 两个
[32:21] So they can play golf and tennis with each other. 这样他们能一起打高尔夫和网球
[32:23] Yeah, it’s a thing. 对 有这事
[32:26] None of this looks good, 看起来都没什么根据
[32:28] but grounds for a lawsuit? 足以提出诉讼吗
[32:30] Individually, these are complaints 单个来看 这些控诉没有吸引力
[32:32] that get swept under the rug. 会被置之不理
[32:33] But taken together, 但放到一起
[32:35] they form a fact pattern about who has access 就能发现规律 哪些人能进俱乐部
[32:37] and, more importantly, who doesn’t. 更重要的是 哪些人没有
[32:40] These clubs’ mere existence is a violation of state law. 这些俱乐部单是存在 就违反了本州法律
[32:44] You’re entitled to your opinion and your frivolous lawsuits, 你们有权保留观点并提出诉讼 虽然没用
[32:47] as are the defendants who filed a countersuit 就如同被告有权提起反诉
[32:50] to block NYAG’s efforts. 阻碍纽约总检察长的工作
[32:53] We expected as much, 我们所求正是如此
[32:54] and we are eager to argue the points in front of a jury. 而且我们渴求在陪审团面前辩论
[32:57] I’m sure you’d love the chance. 你一定爱死这次机会了
[32:59] But I’m granting a permissive joinder of parties, 不过 我允许政党自由参与共同诉讼
[33:02] combining these lawsuits into one. 把这些诉讼合成一个
[33:04] – Hold on a sec… – Yep. – 等等… – 你没听错
[33:05] I’m rolling all your scraps together 我要把你们所有案子的碎渣
[33:08] into one nice chop meat surprise, 糅合成一道不寻常的美食
[33:11] and I want a settlement between parties. 而且我还要各党派签订协议
[33:13] A settlement doesn’t benefit anyone. 一份协议对谁都没好处
[33:21] Hey, Chuck. 嘿 查克
[33:52] So you’re putting me in a Ken Patera full nelson? 你拿肯·帕泰拉的双臂握颈这招对付我
[33:55] No, it’s Chuck Rhoades putting you 不 是查克·罗兹
[33:56] in this particular chicken wing. 害你双臂紧锁 动弹不得
[33:58] He’s threatening to pop that shoulder out of joint, 他威胁要卸掉你的一只肩膀
[34:01] and private enterprise out this state along with it. 把本州所有私营企业都赶走
[34:04] Well, your part of the state, anyway. 至少是州内你管辖的部分
[34:06] You see, his war against business 他跟商界对抗
[34:07] makes it far more advantageous 导致斯威尼州长
[34:09] for Governor Sweeney to partner with hedge fund owners like me 更容易倒向我们冲基金老板们
[34:12] than with small businesses and municipalities like yours. 而不是小公司或你们市政府 利益差太多
[34:16] Bottom-line it for me, city boy. 都市小子 告诉我底线是什么
[34:20] You can look like a hero when we announce 你可以是此事的英雄
[34:22] that the Prince Companies will partner with Oneonta 等我们宣布普林斯集团
[34:24] on the downtown redevelopment project. 会跟安妮昂塔合作市中心复兴项目
[34:26] Or embrace your political death if your stubborn, 或者迎接你政治生涯的灭亡
[34:29] if admirable, loyalty won’t quiet down. 如果你固执地忠诚下去 或许值得尊敬
[34:33] Your choice. 你自己选
[34:34] It would be an easy choice… 如果情况再好点
[34:38] under better circumstances. 就不难选了
[34:45] Shit. 靠
[34:53] I got your two-thirds. 我拿到三分之二的票数了
[34:55] It’s go time. 该行动了
[35:05] Pursuant to this settlement, 按照这份协议
[35:07] NYAG agrees to drop these lawsuits 纽约总检察长同意撤销诉讼
[35:10] in exchange for restrictions being lifted 条件是数个城市公园解除限制
[35:13] and gates unlocked at various city parks 以及每天对外开门
[35:16] for at least four hours a day. 最少四小时
[35:19] The timeline to institute this change 限时七年之内
[35:22] is within seven years. 必须兑现这项改变
[35:26] I’ll let you folks work out the fine print 我等你们磋商好细则
[35:29] before I sign off on it. 再往上面签名
[35:35] No one got what he wanted. 没人得偿所愿
[35:37] Wheels of justice are grinding away. 正义之轮尚在转动过去
[35:39] What’s wrong? 怎么了
[35:40] The governor has served the Senate 州长向州参议院递交
[35:42] with a letter of charges against you. 一份针对你的起诉书
[35:44] It’s a motion to remove you from office. 那是把你撤职的动议
[35:47] – On what grounds? – Abuse of power. – 以什么罪名 – 权力滥用
[35:49] An enemy got ahold of Sweeney and is steering this against me. 敌人争取到了斯威尼 还用让他针对我
[35:53] Chuck, at this point, it doesn’t matter. 查克 现如今 这并不重要
[35:55] The ball’s with the Senate now. 决定权在参议院手上
[35:56] No, it does matter, Ira, 不 这很重要 艾拉
[35:57] ’cause if someone got to Sweeney, 倘若有人说服了斯威尼
[35:59] it’s possible they got to the Senate as well. 那有可能他们也会说服参议院
[36:01] Can they make this move without giving you an opportunity 他们能不让你自我辩护就
[36:03] – to defend yourself? – Let’s focus on your legal wins. – 通过动议吗 – 先专注在你的法律优势吧
[36:05] As your attorney, I can represent you, 作为你的律师 我能代理你
[36:07] but I need help devising a strategy. 但我需要你帮忙制定策略
[36:08] For when? 何时决议
[36:10] They’ve called a special session for tonight. 他们今晚将召集特别会议
[36:12] They can’t do that. 他们不能这么做
[36:14] Chuck, I read the rules. They can. 查克 我读过规定了 他们能
[36:23] Welcome, guys. 欢迎 伙计们
[36:24] We were happy to get your call 我们很高兴接到电话说
[36:26] to talk about swapping some assets. 你们想商谈交换资产的事
[36:28] Is it gonna be a “you show us yours, we show you ours” 这将以”你们展示你们的 我们展示我们的”
[36:30] kind of thing, or…? 之类的形式进行吗
[36:32] Yeah, were you thinking we’d start 对 你们想从
[36:33] with some of the stuff you built up 为奥运会准备的
[36:35] in anticipation of the Olympics, or…? 项目开始谈起 还是…
[36:43] We’ll just… 我们这就…
[36:45] No, you’re in the right meeting. Join us. Sit. 不 你们来对会议了 来 坐
[36:48] So these are the assets 所以这是你们
[36:49] you’re really interested in. 真正想谈的资产
[36:51] – That’s right. – Fuck. – 正确 – 靠
[36:53] I feel like Rogen in Neighbors. 我感觉像罗根在《邻居大战》里
[36:55] Delta Psi has the upper hand. 被德尔塔·普赛兄弟会占了上风
[36:58] This is a white paper I started on High Plains 这是我给高原以及你们管理的
[37:01] and the $937 million of assets you have under management. 九亿三千七百万资产拟出的白皮书
[37:04] That’s oddly fucking specific. 看上去特别具体
[37:06] It contains a comprehensive breakdown of your leverage, 它包括对你们的资金杠杆
[37:08] and creditors, and your allocations. 债权人及资产分配的综合分析
[37:10] Risk parity: 4%. Long-short equity: 28%. 风险平价 4% 多空对冲股权 28%
[37:14] Credit arbitrage: 6%. 信贷套利 6%
[37:16] Event-driven and risk arbitrage: 24%. 事件驱动型及风险套利 24%
[37:18] CTAs… You know, I could go on, but it’s all there in the paper, 商品交易顾问… 我可以继续 但都写了
[37:21] as are the individual names you’re in. 包括你们投资的确切名称
[37:23] We’ve been friends, and I’ve gone to bat for you 我们一直是朋友 过去我替你们当过灾
[37:26] and bailed you out in the past, but this is the present. 保释过你们 但这是现在
[37:28] I know where your money’s at, I know what you want, 我知道你们钱在哪 要的是什么
[37:30] and I know what you’re going after. 和想争取什么
[37:31] I know where you’re weak. 我知道你们的弱点
[37:33] This includes specifics, 里面包括具体事项
[37:34] as you can see on the last page, 在最后一页上
[37:35] as well as the names of your investors. 以及你投资者的名单
[37:37] Those are the names I will target 如果你们想继续挖角我们的员工
[37:39] if you continue sniffing around our personnel, 尤其是他们决定去你们那边的话
[37:40] and especially if they decide to go over to you. 我就会针对这个名单
[37:45] Look, um, no decisions have been made yet. 听着 我们还没做任何决策
[37:48] That’s good, because if that should come to pass, 那就好 因为要是以上情况发生了
[37:50] I will raid, bleed and feed on High Plains’ business. 我将会掠夺 放血 和吃掉高原的生意
[37:53] I will sacrifice my own returns to hurt yours, to kill yours. 我宁愿牺牲自身收益也要将你赶尽杀绝
[37:56] Hey, that kind of interference is illegal. 慢着 这种干扰方式是非法的
[37:58] – Yeah, totally illegal. – Say “illegal.” – 对 完全非法 – 说”非法”
[38:00] Go ahead and say “illegal” again, I dare you. 尽管再说遍”非法” 你敢吗
[38:02] I double dare you, motherfucker. 你敢多说一遍吗 混蛋
[38:04] Go on and say “illegal” one more goddamn time, 有种再说一遍”非法”
[38:06] because you know who I trained under. 毕竟你知道是谁训练我
[38:07] You saw me train under him. 你看着我在他手下受训
[38:09] You saw him teach me, and you saw me learn. 你看着他教我 也看着我成长
[38:11] Now ask yourself if I give a shit about illegal, 现在你自问我会在乎是否非法吗
[38:13] and whether I’ll be utterly successful blowing up your firm 还是我会成功彻底搞垮你的公司
[38:15] and sending you back to a trading desk 把你们送回交易台上
[38:17] as fucking order clerks. 做该死的订单文员
[38:18] And Mafee, before you say this violates our friendship, 玛斐 在你说这有违我们的友谊之前
[38:22] Friends don’t steal from friends. 朋友不会偷朋友的东西
[38:26] Be my friend? 那继续做朋友吗
[38:31] I get it. 我懂
[38:33] You reach an inflection point in your career 你们到了事业上的转折点
[38:34] where either you yearn for something different, 要么寻求不一样的东西
[38:36] or, in this case, you start to wonder. 要么 在这情况下 你们开始怀疑
[38:39] You fantasize about turning back the clock. 你们幻想可以时光倒流
[38:41] Dollar Bill and Mafee want to recreate the old Axe Cap 多拉尔·比尔和玛斐能在高原
[38:43] at High Plains, 重建阿克塞资本
[38:44] and maybe you want to be a part of that. 也许你们想作为一份子
[38:46] To the time of company trips to Miami, 重回迈阿密的公司旅行
[38:48] the suites at Yankee Stadium, the poker tournaments, 洋基体育场的包厢看台 扑克锦标赛
[38:51] everyone pitching in to crush a sector. 所有人参与联手摧毁一个领域
[38:56] But ask yourself, how can they really do that 但你抚心自问 没了博比·阿克塞尔罗德
[38:58] without Bobby Axelrod? 他们怎有能力再造辉煌呢
[38:59] Or Bonnie. Or Wags. Or Victor. Or me. 还有邦妮 瓦格斯 维克多或者我
[39:02] Our collective memory is Axe Capital. 我们的共同回忆是阿克塞资本
[39:04] The rest is colored bubbles. 其余的都是梦幻泡影
[39:10] It’s your call. 你们自己权衡
[39:12] But it’d be a real shame to lose the glue of our operations 但我们将为失去普林斯资本
[39:14] here on the floor at Michael Prince Capital. 团队运作的粘合胶而感到可惜
[39:16] You think I’m the glue? 你觉得我是粘合胶吗
[39:18] And not that Elmer’s preschool shit, either. 还不是埃尔默学前班用胶的破玩意
[39:20] More like “We need a plastic surgeon 更像是”我们需要整形医生
[39:22] to remove it from your hair” Gorilla Glue. 才能从头发里清除掉”的大猩猩万能胶
[39:24] It’d also be a shame 我们也会可惜失去
[39:26] to lose our comer, as in, 我们的科默
[39:27] one making rapid progress and showing promise. 一名进步神速及充满潜力的员工
[39:29] You know, I have been starting to feel it lately. 我最近开始觉得
[39:32] Like Ohtani in year two in the majors. 像刚进职业棒球大联盟第二年的大谷
[39:33] Just hitting my stride. 刚进入跨步期
[39:35] I think what you guys really want is to negotiate 我想你们真正想要的是
[39:37] for better terms. 谈更好的待遇
[39:39] Maybe you want to ask for Tuk’s book back. 也许你想要回图克的交易账户
[39:40] Well, we can get that sorted. He’s back in. 我们能解决 他可以回来
[39:42] Really? Thanks! 真的吗 谢谢
[39:45] I mean, okay, sure. 我指 好吧 行
[39:48] Maybe you want more guidance and less oversight. 大概你想要多点指导和少点监督
[39:50] Consider it asked and answered. 就当是答应你了
[39:51] But if you leave, well, as for what happens then, 但假如你离职 那之后要发生的事情
[39:55] I think we covered that part. 我想我们已经讨论过了
[39:56] You know what? 你知道吗
[39:59] Perhaps we misjudged our timing. 也许我们误判了时机
[40:04] Let’s scrap the offer on the table 要是泰勒同意 我们取消工作要求
[40:06] if Taylor will, in the name of friendship, 以友谊的名义
[40:09] consider that a peace offering. 请当这是谢罪礼
[40:12] I accept. But the next time you’re thinking 我同意 不过下次你想跟我们员工
[40:15] about talking to our people, do it through the front door. 谈话 最好走前门
[40:24] And maybe next time give your interviewees boutique coffee 还有下次给面试者精品咖啡的时候
[40:27] in unmarked cups. 记得用无名杯子
[40:30] You and your fucking Blue Bottle. 你和你那该死的蓝瓶咖啡
[40:33] – We’re done with it. – I like what I like. – 再也不喝了 – 我有自己的喜好
[40:35] So did KGB, but he still threw the Oreos 克格勃也有喜好 当被奥利奥出卖底牌时
[40:37] against the fucking wall when they sold him out. 他会把饼干全丢掉
[40:43] Holy shit. 真厉害
[40:45] That was a master class of business hardball. 那是一场商业硬仗的大师课
[40:48] I can’t let anyone take from me. Ever. 我不会让任何人从手上夺取分毫 永不
[40:50] I see that now. 我现在懂了
[40:52] Unless it’s something toxic you want to stick them with. 除非你是想请君入瓮
[40:54] ‘Cause it shows them that you’re weak and vulnerable, 因为那让你看上去脆弱
[40:57] and next time they’ll come for what matters most. 下次他们会来夺取重中之重
[40:59] I know you might one day cut me with the knife I’m giving you, 我晓得你也许哪天会用所学的捅我一刀
[41:02] but I’d rather that than watch a born fighter 但我宁愿看着一个战士诞生
[41:04] let himself get stabbed. 而不愿让他受害
[41:05] Oh, and by the way, we’re even. 还有 我们扯平了
[41:07] I was hoping to keep that chit for a while, but yeah, we are. 尽管我想把人情留的久一点 不过扯平了
[41:18] You know what? 你知道吗
[41:20] I think someone is nostalgic for the way it was here, 有人在怀念过去公司的运作模式
[41:23] hoping to hang on to as many threads as they can 期望尽力挽留过去的一丝一缕
[41:25] of the old days, and it wasn’t Tuk or Ben. 但那人不是图克或者本
[41:50] Chuck… Hmm? 查克… 呃
[41:53] Senator. 参议员
[41:55] Why didn’t you return my calls? 你怎么不接我电话呢
[41:57] I reached out right after I heard from Michael Prince. 我从迈克尔·普林斯那听说后就在找你
[42:00] Wait, you called about Prince? 等等 你是为了普林斯找我吗
[42:02] Does it matter? 这有关系吗
[42:04] No, of course not. 没 当然没有
[42:06] I bet he was trying to turn you against me. 我赌他试图说服你反对我
[42:08] But surely I can rely on you, Clay, right? 但我能相信你对吧 克雷
[42:11] Under better circumstances. 要是时局好些的话
[42:18] What the hell was that? 那是什么鬼
[42:20] I’d say it’s the moment we learned 看来这是我们的义愤填膺
[42:22] our indignation was used against us. 被用作对付我们的时刻
[42:24] We should have seen this coming. 我们本该预估到
[42:26] Speeding right in our direction. 直接向我们冲来
[42:28] Oh, shit, Chuck, 噢 该死的 查克
[42:30] who suggested The Bates Club as the meeting spot? 是谁建议到贝茨俱乐部碰面的
[42:33] That’d be Legere. Said he was a member. 是莱热尔 他说自己是会员
[42:35] Even though he’s from out of town, 尽管他不是本地人
[42:36] and it’s right across the street 而且俱乐部在
[42:37] from Van de Veld Park. 范德维德公园正对面
[42:38] That manipulative motherfucker. 那个诡计多端的混蛋
[42:41] Chuck. Ira. 查克 艾拉
[42:43] And Miss Mahar. 还有马哈尔女士
[42:45] I’ve already seen how warranted your rep is. 我见识过你的代表诉讼能耐
[42:47] Classic play at The Bates Club. 在贝茨俱乐部的经典骗局
[42:49] You here to run another bullshit game on us? 你是来继续套路我们吗
[42:52] It’s a chance to see Maximus at the Colosseum. 有机会一睹马克西姆斯在斗兽场作战
[42:54] How could I miss it? 我怎能错过呢
[42:55] He did pretty well, if memory serves. 我记得 他战绩不错
[42:58] This may not turn out the way you hope. 这兴许不能让你如愿
[43:00] Instead, it’s likely you’ve wasted much time, 反而可能白费你大量的时间
[43:02] money and resources orchestrating this. 金钱和资源去谋划这个局
[43:04] Did I? Well, there’s a price to every battle. 会吗 反正每场战斗都会有所牺牲
[43:08] A gladiator’s willingness to pay is what defines him. 一名角斗士的成败取决于他是否愿意牺牲
[43:21] We thank you for your service. 我们感谢你的服务
[43:25] Your effective performance. 你那了得的演技
[43:28] With heartstrings well pulled. 扣人心弦
[43:31] I think we’re good paying you by check. 我想你愿意收我们的支票
[43:35] For you, a lovely window seat back to Indianapolis. 给你 回印第安纳波利斯的舒适靠窗座位
[43:39] Prince Capital thanks you for your assistance. 普林斯资本感谢你的协助
[43:47] The Senate will come to order. 参议员请有序落座
[43:51] We are in a special session, 我们进行特别会议
[43:54] closed to the public 在州长罗伯特·斯威尼的要求下
[43:55] by the request of Governor Robert Sweeney. 不对外公开
[43:59] Governor, you have the floor. 州长先生 请您发言
[44:11] Thank you, Madam President. 谢谢 议长女士
[44:13] I would like to begin this evening by entering into record 我今晚想先从记录一份
[44:16] a letter that I issued to both this body 我发给参议院和受到指控一方的信件
[44:19] and to the accused. 开始
[44:21] It’s about a matter of grave importance 这件事情很重要
[44:24] that deserves your careful and immediate deliberation. 需要你们谨慎且迅速地进行商议
[44:27] Remember, no matter what he says, 记住 无论他说什么
[44:28] we can rebut it with your record. 我们都可以用你的政绩进行驳斥
[44:30] What he calls corrupt, we rebut with “fair dealmaking.” 他如果提到腐败 我们就说那是”公平交易”
[44:33] You’re someone who strikes a balance 你是在法律条文
[44:35] between the letter of the law and your evolving understanding 和理解瞬息万变的世界之间
[44:37] of a rapidly changing world. 寻求平衡的人
[44:39] You sound as if you believe that yourself. 讲得好像你相信这套说辞一样
[44:42] I’m certain of it. But you need to be. 我很确定 但你自己得信
[44:44] I think you will come to the same conclusion 我相信你们会得出相同的结论
[44:46] that State Attorney General Rhoades has repeatedly 那就是 州总检察长罗兹
[44:49] used his seat of power to wage personal vendettas 不断利用他的权力处理个人恩怨
[44:53] instead of protecting the interests 而不是保护
[44:55] of the citizens of this great state of New York. 纽约州人民的利益
[44:57] With the latest information, I think our strategy is flawed. 就最新的情况来看 我觉得我们的策略错了
[45:00] No, come on, Chuck. We’re here now. 不 拜托 查克 我们已经到这了
[45:02] Sweeney can say whatever he wants, 斯威尼想说什么都可以
[45:03] leaving me to disprove a negative. 但我需要去证明一个否命题是错的
[45:07] Mr. Attorney General, 检察长先生
[45:08] you will get your chance to speak. 您之后会有机会发言
[45:09] – Oh, will I? – Chuck– – 哦 是吗 – 查克…
[45:12] According to parliamentary procedure 根据议会程序
[45:15] in special sessions such as this, 在今天这样的特殊场合
[45:17] the body must vote on whether I even have an opportunity 参议院需要投票决定我是否有机会
[45:20] to defend myself. 为自己辩护
[45:21] I was getting to that. Madam President, please. 我快说到那里了 议长女士 请让我继续
[45:23] Under Article 3, Section 32, 根据第三条 第三十二节
[45:25] I have the authority to recommend the removal 我有权建议
[45:28] of any public official for misconduct. 将任何行为不端的政府官员革职
[45:34] But ultimately, my friends, it is up to you, the Senate, 但是最后 我的伙伴们 决定权在你
[45:37] who must adjudicate these charges, 参议院需要裁决这些指控
[45:38] hold a trial, 进行审判
[45:40] and make a determination by two-thirds vote 最终根据三分之二的选票做出决定
[45:42] whether to act upon my recommendation. 是否要执行我的建议
[45:45] And I expect you will come to the same conclusion I have. 我希望你们会和我保持一致
[45:48] Now, I have authorized President pro tem 现在 我授权临时议长
[45:51] and the majority leader from District 35 和第三十五区参议院多数党领导
[45:53] to lead these proceedings tonight 共同牵头进行今晚的程序
[45:55] and to vote on Mr. Rhoades’s fate. 投票决定罗兹先生的命运
[45:59] Thank you. 谢谢大家
[46:04] Thank you, Governor. 谢谢您 州长先生
[46:05] I would ask for unanimous consent 我想询问大家是否一致同意
[46:08] to allow the Attorney General 在我们开始之前 允许检察长
[46:09] to respond to these charges before we begin. 回应以上这些指控
[46:12] All those in favor, say “Aye.” 同意的请说”赞成”
[46:15] Aye. 赞成
[46:17] Those who oppose, say “Nay.” 不同意的请说”反对”
[46:24] The “ayes” have it. 多数人赞成
[46:25] Mr. Rhoades, the floor is yours. 罗兹先生 请您发言
[46:27] – Okay, let me speak for you. – No, I have to do this myself. – 让我代替你发言 – 不 我要自己说
[46:31] You don’t. You shouldn’t. 你不必这样 也不该上台
[46:33] When has a pro se defendant ever been the right choice? 什么时候自我辩护变成正确的选择了
[46:36] You said yourself this wasn’t a real trial. 你告诉过你自己这不是真正的审判
[46:38] It isn’t, it’s– 这的确不是 这是…
[46:39] You remember what General de Gaulle said 你记得戴高乐将军
[46:41] when he took to the BBC? 去英国广播公司的时候说了什么吗
[46:42] No, but I suppose you do. 不 但你应该记得
[46:44] “Honor, common sense, “荣耀 常识
[46:45] and the interests of the country 以及国家利益
[46:47] require that all free men, wherever they be, 要求所有自由之人 无论身处何地
[46:49] should continue the fight as best they may.” 都需要尽最大努力继续战斗”
[46:52] The French government was all but prepared 法国政府几乎准备好
[46:54] to sign an armistice with the Nazi invaders 和纳粹侵略者签署停火协议的时候
[46:56] when General de Gaulle’s call for freedom 戴高乐将军为自由而战的号召
[46:58] rang out over the airwaves. 通过广播响彻云霄
[47:00] Their fight preserved their nation’s honor. 他们的抗争保全了国家荣耀
[47:04] This one is mine, Ira. 我要为自己而战 艾拉
[47:06] Mr. Attorney General, we’re waiting. 检察长先生 我们在等您
[47:22] Let’s concede something right off the top here. 首先让我们先承认一些事
[47:24] If you do this, you will be heroes come morning. 如果你们决定让我下台 明天你们就是英雄
[47:28] No. No doubt about it. 不要怀疑 就是这样
[47:30] Any time a favorite loses in a shocker, 任何时候 大众都乐于看到
[47:33] the crowd cheers. 政界宠儿突然垮台
[47:35] And not just the punters. The flacks too. 不止是赌徒 媒体也喜欢
[47:37] Editorialists will salute you. 社论作家们会向你们致敬
[47:40] The front pages will proclaim 新闻头版会强调
[47:42] that the will of the people was done here. 参议院听到了民众的呼声
[47:47] And you will all have a few days of kick-ass polling, 你们会连续一段时间从民意测验中得知
[47:49] telling you you have done good and right, 大家觉得你们很棒 做出了正确的决定
[47:53] and taken the bold step so many before you failed to take. 勇敢地迈出了之前未能迈出的一步
[47:56] So, yeah, contemporary opinion and the mood of the moment 当下的评价和氛围
[48:01] will feel like helium, lifting you to the sky. 就像氦气 让你们飘飘欲仙
[48:06] But that puts me in mind of a certain rigid airship 但那让我想到某艘硬式飞艇
[48:10] that was also the toast of its town in its day. 在当时那个年代也是全国的焦点
[48:14] Named for a legendary military man, 这种飞艇以一位传奇军人的命名
[48:17] this dirigible was state of the art. 曾代表着最先进的航空技术
[48:20] The smartest, most connected 商界和政界中
[48:22] and influential figures in finance and government 最有头脑 最有门路 影响力最大的那群人
[48:24] elbowed each other out of the way to get seats. 争先恐后想要获得乘坐机会
[48:27] And, for a time, 然后 在一段时间里
[48:30] it did what it was supposed to do. 它无愧于它的使命
[48:32] In high style. 风光无限
[48:34] And was celebrated in much the same way 获得了你们之后
[48:36] you all will be. 会享有的盛誉
[48:39] That military officer, 那位军事将领
[48:41] his name was President Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg. 是陆军元帅 也是德国总统 保罗·冯·兴登堡
[48:45] But instead of that name connoting things like honor, 然而现在 这个名字和诸如 荣耀
[48:49] bravery under fire, sophistication, 临危不惧 精明老练 等等美好词汇毫不相干
[48:51] it now means disaster of untold proportion. 它是灭顶之灾的代名词
[48:54] And this body politic is heading in the same direction 现在参议院正在步其后尘
[48:58] unless it reverses course right now. 除非 你们能回心转意
[49:01] Boom! 嘭
[49:05] Oh, the humanity. 噢 人性
[49:07] Dang, he’s good. 该死 他可真能说
[49:11] We’re here to watch him fall, not admire him. 我们是来看着他落马的 可不是搞什么崇拜
[49:13] Well, it’s both. 两者都有
[49:15] If you do rethink this… 如果你们能重新考虑
[49:18] I will hold no grudge. 我将对你们绝无怨恨
[49:20] No ill will. 绝无敌意
[49:22] I understand the pressure you are under. 我理解你们正处于巨大的压力之下
[49:25] Every single one of you in this chamber 在座的每一位
[49:28] has been cajoled and enticed by a man 都曾被一个男人哄骗引诱
[49:32] who owns more assets than the GDP 他拥有的资产
[49:35] of most countries on the planet. 比世界上多数国家的全年国内生产总值还高
[49:38] Cajoled and enticed to steer things his way 你们被他哄骗着 诱导着
[49:41] as he sees fit. 让事态向着他希望的方向倾斜
[49:43] Not what the voters of New York asked for, 可不是纽约选民们所希望的
[49:45] but what he wants. 只是他一个人的意愿
[49:47] If that’s not the definition of corruption, 如果这都不是腐败
[49:49] I don’t know what is. 那我不知道该如何解释这个词
[49:53] You know, what some people call anti-business 一些人口中的反金融
[49:55] is actually anti-corruption. 事实上是在反腐败
[49:57] What some people claim is abuse of power 一些人口中的权力滥用
[49:59] is actually holding abusers accountable. 事实上正在对滥用者问责
[50:02] But it’s easy to forget one’s ideals 但面对一沓钞票或者政治利益的时候
[50:05] when there’s a pile of money or political spoils on the table, 很容易把理想和抱负抛之脑后
[50:09] ’cause we each have things we want, 因为我们都有欲望
[50:11] and there never seems to be enough to pay for ’em. 以及有一个词叫作欲壑难填
[50:14] But we were elected to stand against those corrupting forces 但我们被选出来 和那些腐败力量抗争
[50:19] that would use that pile to steer us away 他们用钱权将这个世界
[50:22] from what we know to be fair and just. 变得不再公平公正
[50:25] We were elected to be the voice for the people 我们被选出来
[50:27] who don’t have one of their own. 要为没有发言权的人民发声
[50:31] Those who have been silenced 他们面对强权
[50:33] when they dared speak truth to the powerful. 敢于说出真相却被噤声
[50:36] But history hears their voices in this chamber tonight. 但今晚 在这里 历史将会听到他们的声音
[50:43] I unconditionally reject the charges leveled against me, 我无条件否认针对我的控诉
[50:47] and have a public record that supports what I fight for, 公开档案证明了我为纽约州人民做出的抗争
[50:50] and have won, for the people of this great state. 以及取得的成就
[50:52] And you have a choice. 决定权在你们的手里
[50:56] Fly with me… 支持我
[51:00] or let this whole place go up in flames like a Nazi zeppelin. 或者让这里像纳粹的飞艇一样付之一炬
[51:10] Thank you. 谢谢
[51:21] That response? That never happens. 这种反响 之前从未有过
[51:25] A great oration can change the tides of history. 精彩的演说可以改变历史潮流
[51:28] We’ll see. 我们等着看
[51:31] Senator Darcy Phelps. 达西·菲尔普斯议员
[51:34] Aye. 同意
[51:36] Senator Kirsten Potter. 克里斯汀·波特议员
[51:38] Nay. 反对
[51:41] Senator Jim Rankle. 吉姆·兰科议员
[51:44] Aye. 同意
[51:46] Senator Marcia Ross. 玛西亚·罗斯议员
[51:50] Aye. 同意
[51:56] Senator Antonio Simamora. 安东尼奥·西马莫拉议员
[51:59] Nay. 反对
[52:06] Senator Clay Tharp. 克莱·夏普议员
[52:16] It’s always the one guy you counted on. 最后你依赖的总是那么一个人
[52:25] Aye. 同意
[52:33] The ayes have it. 多数赞成
[52:35] This motion has been passed. 动议通过
[52:39] Charles Rhoades, Jr., is hereby removed 小查尔斯·罗兹被免去
[52:42] as attorney general of the State of New York. 纽约州检察长一职
[52:46] The Senate names Miss Daevisha Mahar 参议院任命德维沙·马哈尔
[52:49] as acting attorney general 为罗德先生剩余的任期内
[52:50] for the remainder of Mr. Rhoades’s term. 代理检察长
[52:52] Thank you all. 谢谢各位
[53:10] Drink it up, Prince of the City. 尽情庆祝吧 纽约之王普林斯
[53:12] But know that you have made one mistake. 但你要知道 你犯了个错误
[53:15] Unlike Walter Sinclair Smith, 我可不像沃尔特·辛克莱·史密斯
[53:17] I am not actually shot dead in my trench. 我还没有被完全打死
[53:19] That’s the thing about dead men. They never actually know it. 那就是死人的事了 他们不会知道
[53:22] But everyone else does. 但其他人心知肚明
[53:25] Close your eyes, Chuck. 查克 闭上眼睛
[53:26] It’s over and done. 一切都结束了
[53:33] Right ♪就是♪
[53:35] Now ♪现在♪
[53:42] I am an Antichrist ♪我反对基督教♪
[53:45] I am an anarchist ♪我信奉无政府主义♪
[53:49] Don’t know what I want But I know how to get it ♪不知道想要什么 但知道如何得到♪
[53:53] I want to destroy passerby ♪我想毁掉路人♪
[53:56] ‘Cause I ♪因为我♪
[53:59] Wanna be ♪想成为♪
[54:02] Anarchy ♪混乱本身♪
亿万

Post navigation

Previous Post: 亿万(Billions)第6季第7集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 亿万(Billions)第6季第10集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
定制该剧全部中英文对照台词本和单词标注统计,可以添加微信 kuailexuewaiyu

kuailexuewaiyu


点击预览定制截图

亿万(Billions)剧集台词目录:

在线阅读
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08
S01E09
S01E10
S01E11
S01E12

在线阅读
S02E01
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08
S02E09
S02E10
S02E11
S02E12

在线阅读
S03E01
S03E02
S03E03
S03E04
S03E05
S03E06
S03E07
S03E08
S03E09
S03E10
S03E11
S03E12

在线阅读
S04E01
S04E02
S04E03
S04E04
S04E05
S04E06
S04E07
S04E08
S04E09
S04E10
S04E11
S04E12

在线阅读
S05E01
S05E02
S05E03
S05E04
S05E05
S05E06
S05E07
S05E08
S05E09
S05E10
S05E11
S05E12
S06E01
S06E02
S06E03
S06E04
S06E05
S06E06
S06E07
S06E08
S06E09
S06E10
S07E01
S07E02
S07E03
S07E04
S07E05
S07E06
S07E07
S07E08
S07E09
S07E11
S07E12

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme