时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | The Olympic Games in 2028 | 2028年奥运会举办城市 |
[00:10] | are awarded to… | 将花落 |
[00:13] | New York City. | 纽约 |
[00:15] | My guess is, | 我猜的是 |
[00:17] | somewhere inside this is a direct bribe of sorts. | 这里面一定有某种贿赂 |
[00:19] | A quid pro quo. | 某种利益交换 |
[00:21] | The Olympics. | 奥运会 |
[00:22] | You want to be on the performance coaching team. | 你想进绩效指导小组 |
[00:25] | To run it. | 我要运营它 |
[00:26] | Use my talents to turn those athletes | 用我的才能 把这些运动员 |
[00:27] | into medal machines. | 变成获奖机器 |
[00:29] | Done. | 成交 |
[00:31] | I can’t stay. You can come with, | 我不能留下 你可以一起来 |
[00:33] | but I have to go back to the St. Regis to pack. | 但我要回瑞吉酒店收拾东西 |
[00:35] | – Pack? – Before the Games, | – 收拾什么 – 在奥运会之前 |
[00:37] | I need to spend time in the mountains. | 我要去山里训练一段时间 |
[00:39] | Yeah, but I thought we were going to try here. Us. | 但我以为我们可以在这儿试试 我们 |
[00:42] | The Olympics mean something very different to me | 奥运会于我而言意义非凡 |
[00:44] | than they do to you. | 更甚于对你的意义 |
[00:46] | This is everything I ever worked for, | 这是我毕生所求 |
[00:49] | and I need you to do the work | 我需要你来做努力 |
[00:52] | and climb for the kiss. | 为了胜利之吻而攀登 |
[00:53] | Yes. You’re right. | 对 你说得对 |
[00:55] | And I will. | 我也会的 |
[00:59] | Prince didn’t pull this off | 普林斯孤身一人 |
[01:00] | all by his lonesome. | 做不到这些 |
[01:02] | So we separate Prince from his power base. | 我们要把他的支持力量全部挖空 |
[01:05] | Let him fall like the smoke from the fireworks | 让他自作自受 尝点苦头 |
[01:07] | drifting down on this fine city. | 在这座繁荣的城市中飘零 |
[01:51] | Prince, let’s go. Wake up. | 普林斯 走了 快起床 |
[01:53] | Get your shit on. Time to go. | 拿好东西 要走了 |
[01:56] | How cold is it out there? | 外面现在几度 |
[01:59] | We’re not doing that. Let’s go, come on. | 别耍赖 起来 走了 |
[02:14] | I guess that’s why I hired Gabby Reece. | 我觉得这就是我雇嘉比·里斯的原因 |
[02:16] | The worst thing that can happen | 最糟糕的事情就是 |
[02:18] | is a person gets comfortable, | 一个人过得太舒服 |
[02:19] | and then they think the world is a comfortable place. | 他就以为全世界都是安乐窝 |
[02:22] | You have to be comfortable being uncomfortable. | 你必须适应不舒服 |
[02:25] | You catch my drift? I mean, otherwise, | 你懂吗 我意思是 |
[02:26] | you would think, like, this pace is running. | 你会觉得 哦 这个步频是在跑步 |
[02:29] | But this is a jog. | 但只是慢跑 |
[02:31] | Well, it’s more like a walk. | 好吧 其实更像散步 |
[02:32] | It’s a long run. It’s not a sprint. | 这是跑长距离 不是短跑 |
[02:35] | Life is a sprint. You just hope it’s a long one. | 生活就是短跑 只是你希望是长跑 |
[02:38] | When I do this for real, | 但我真去长跑 |
[02:39] | when I run the original marathon route, | 我去跑全马 |
[02:41] | it’ll remind people of doing hard things, | 这会提醒人们去做挑战困难 |
[02:43] | and the original meaning of the Games. | 也提醒他们奥运的原意 |
[02:46] | The original run into Athens was to bring a message | 原本跑入雅典是为了送消息 |
[02:50] | about a war that was finally won. | 宣告战争最后的胜利 |
[02:53] | And the messenger, he died because his cardio was crap. | 结果送信的却去世了 因为他心肺功能不行 |
[02:58] | And you know what? You haven’t won a damn war yet. | 你知道吗 你还没有完全胜利 |
[03:00] | Come on! Pick it up! | 快 追上来 |
[03:20] | – All right. – Okay, thanks. | – 好了 – 好 谢谢 |
[03:40] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[03:42] | Good to see you, Mike. We saved a seat for you. | 很高兴见到你麦克 我们给你留了位置 |
[03:44] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[03:46] | Very impressive pace. Bravo. | 步伐迷人啊 |
[03:48] | I’m just trying to stay loose, turn my mind off. | 我只是想放松 什么都不想 |
[03:50] | It’s the closest thing I know to meditation. | 这是我知道最接近冥想的方式了 |
[03:53] | But this particular run has a higher purpose, doesn’t it? | 但这样的跑步有特殊目的 对吗 |
[03:56] | I want to celebrate what humans are capable of. | 我想赞颂人类的能力 |
[03:59] | And, yes, when I do this run in the summer months | 没错 我奥运会之前的夏季参加长跑 |
[04:02] | before the Games begin, I hope | 我期望的是 |
[04:03] | thousands join me all around the world. | 全世界成千的人能加入我 |
[04:06] | Millions, even, just to help welcome the Games | 甚至上百万的人一起来迎接奥运 |
[04:07] | to New York City. | 迎接纽约奥运 |
[04:09] | But that is the purpose | 但这是传统跑步接力的目的 |
[04:11] | of the traditional run, right? | 对吗 |
[04:12] | People all around the world | 全世界的人 |
[04:14] | get to carry the torch to the destination. | 都会手持火炬跑向终点 |
[04:16] | But with you, it seems very personal. | 但对你来说 好像是很私人的事情了 |
[04:19] | You seem, some say, deeply invested, | 你知道的 有些人说 你投了很多钱 |
[04:21] | maybe more than what people are comfortable with. | 甚至可能有些人觉得不舒服了 |
[04:23] | So here’s a question: | 所以问题是 |
[04:24] | what, if anything, are you trying to say about yourself? | 如果有的话 你到底想表达什么 |
[04:26] | And I ask that because these Games | 我问这个是因为 |
[04:28] | are for all global citizens, | 奥运会是为了全体地球公民 |
[04:29] | not just for Michael Thomas Aquinas Prince. | 并不是迈克尔·普林斯的专属 |
[04:35] | Well, Gayle, I could throw | 好的 盖尔 |
[04:36] | the famous Roosevelt quote at you | 我本来想引用一句罗斯福的话 |
[04:38] | about getting in the ring. | 是关于果断行动的 |
[04:39] | But instead, I’ll give you some Dusty Rhodes. | 但现在 我想引用杜斯提·罗兹的一句话 |
[04:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:42] | “Let me tell you something, Daddy. | “爸爸 我想告诉你 |
[04:44] | “I am the bull of the woods, and it ain’t my dream. | 我是森林里的公牛 这不是我的梦想 |
[04:46] | It’s the American dream.” | 这是美国梦想” |
[04:49] | Now be careful you don’t accidentally | 现在 你要当心 |
[04:51] | get in the way of a bionic elbow. | 不要挡我仿生手肘的路 |
[04:53] | Duly noted. And ouch. | 我会小心的 |
[04:56] | Is that the purpose of the traditional run? | 这就是传统跑步接力的意义吗 |
[04:58] | – That people all around… – Wow, look at that. | – 全世界的人 – 哦 来看看这个 |
[05:01] | A couple of bona fide heroes, huh? | 两位大英雄 是吧 |
[05:03] | Split times are no joke. | 时光撕裂不是说假话 |
[05:05] | Especially into mile eight. | 特别是进入八公里之后 |
[05:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:08] | And for Prince to stay with her… | 而且普林斯和她在一起 |
[05:09] | that’s no mean feat. | 绝对是壮举 |
[05:11] | And the guy’s got a day job | 而且这个人的本职工作 |
[05:13] | with pretty decent remuneration. | 薪水相当可观 |
[05:15] | They ought to bottle his sweat | 那可要把他的汗水接好 |
[05:16] | and sell it for a million dollars an ounce. | 然后卖几百万美元一盎司 |
[05:18] | I’m surprised… shocked, really… | 我很惊讶 甚至是震惊了 真的 |
[05:19] | to see you succumb to the testosterone-infused | 你居然会屈服于 |
[05:22] | stylings of this guy. | 这种注射睾酮的人 |
[05:23] | You don’t buy into him carrying the torch | 你不信他能把火炬 |
[05:25] | for all of New York City, then? | 传遍整个纽约吗 |
[05:26] | Oh, yes, of course. | 当然 我信 |
[05:28] | The great man carries the torch for us all. | 这个伟人为我们所有人带来奥运火炬 |
[05:32] | Be a real shame if the bull of the woods | 要是这种森林中公牛的跑步计划取消了 |
[05:34] | got his big run canceled and ended up hanging on a hook. | 空留口号 真太可惜了 |
[05:38] | The question is, how? | 问题是 怎么做 |
[05:44] | What’s the only thing worse than not getting what you want? | 还有什么事情比得不到想要的更糟呢 |
[05:49] | Getting what you want, | 你得到想要的 |
[05:51] | but having it ripped from your hands. | 但却从手里被抢走了 |
[05:53] | It’s like I hired my own twin. | 我好像雇来了我自己的双胞胎 |
[06:01] | Anyone know what “sic ’em” actually means? | 有人知道”给我上”是什么意思吗 |
[06:03] | It’s a command originating from the order for attack dogs | 这来源于对于战犬的命令 |
[06:07] | to seek, to pursue with lethal focus. | 去搜寻 去找致命的重点 |
[06:11] | Now, if you own a great dog, a loyal dog, | 现在 如果你有一只好狗 一只忠犬 |
[06:14] | a dog that would kill for you on that command, | 一只愿意为你的命令杀人的狗 |
[06:16] | as every person here would for each other, | 就像在座各位愿意为互相做的那样 |
[06:18] | you’re very careful not to speak that command loosely. | 你们得注意 不要随意说出这句指令 |
[06:21] | You save those words for when the target is clear | 你要把这句话留到目标清晰的时候 |
[06:23] | and the moment is exactly right. | 那个完全精准的时机 |
[06:24] | The rest of the time, you rein them in, | 其他的时候 要管住它们 |
[06:26] | keep them fed but not full, | 喂养它们 但不能太饱 |
[06:27] | exercised and ready to go. | 坚持锻炼 整装待发 |
[06:29] | Now, why am I giving you this little canine chalk-talk? | 现在 我为什么和你们说关于狗的事呢 |
[06:32] | Because the Olympic Games are going to present | 因为奥运的到来 |
[06:34] | an opportunity for maximal profits, | 带给我们利益最大化的机会 |
[06:37] | and so I want everyone here to free up some capital. | 所以我想让在座各位腾出一些资金 |
[06:39] | Sell off that which you’ve been holding on | 卖出你们手里持有的 |
[06:42] | for the same reason a college senior | 和那些大三学生 |
[06:44] | holds on to her high school yearbook, | 拿着他们高中的年级册一样的资本 |
[06:46] | for sentiment and comfort. | 只为了感情和安慰 |
[06:48] | And remember what it was like when the future was brighter | 而且请记住 更加光明的未来是什么样 |
[06:50] | than a shiny red F-150. | 比福特的红色F-150还要闪耀 |
[06:53] | When you say free up some capital…? | 你说要我们腾出资金 |
[06:56] | I mean sell the house, go west and find the gold | 我是说买了房子 去西部 寻找金矿 |
[06:58] | before the next guy does. | 在别人做这些之前 |
[06:59] | Games open a window for sure, | 奥运会是为我们提供了窗口 |
[07:01] | but I don’t want to dump out of great shit | 但我不想把我的好东西 |
[07:02] | on some flyer. | 全部倾注在传单上 |
[07:04] | To respectfully echo that concern, | 我同样也有这种担心 |
[07:06] | maybe some of us could sit this one out. | 可能我们有些人就是想置身事外 |
[07:08] | I don’t mind the bench. | 我不在乎做板凳 |
[07:10] | Well, when you own dogs, you feed them all, | 好吧 你有狗的时候 你都会喂它们 |
[07:13] | but you save the freshest meat for those that don’t hesitate. | 但你会把最新鲜的肉留给最无所畏惧的 |
[07:19] | Find the best ways into new plays, | 想想在新的游戏里怎么玩得好 |
[07:21] | and I’ll back your move with the main fund. | 而且我会用我的主资金支持你们 |
[07:26] | Targets will be transportation, recommendation apps, | 我们的目标是交通 推荐软件 |
[07:30] | keycard entry systems, personnel, | 门禁系统 个人服务 |
[07:32] | and hospitality start-ups. | 还有酒店的筹备 |
[07:34] | Give Airbnb a good scare. | 给爱彼迎一点颜色瞧瞧 |
[07:37] | We’re allocating based on performance. | 我们根据业绩分配 |
[07:38] | – Whose book has done the best. – I’ll be getting into… | – 谁做的最好 – 我要插一句 |
[07:41] | Hold that thought. Philip get first pick. | 等一下 菲利普最先选 |
[07:42] | He’s outperformed everyone lately. | 最近他比所有人做的都好 |
[07:43] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[07:45] | I’ll take air travel, | 我选航空运输 |
[07:46] | aim to secure official airline sponsorship for the Games. | 为了保障奥运会官方航空公司的资助 |
[07:50] | I already started working on Hypersonic, | 我已经开始和超音合作了 |
[07:52] | a new high-tech passenger airline | 一条新的高科技客运航线 |
[07:53] | that travels 3X the sound barrier. | 三倍音障的速度 |
[07:55] | I’ve done the research, and I’m in the process | 我做过调查了 也正在 |
[07:57] | of building a relationship with the CEO. | 和他们公司总裁建立联系 |
[07:58] | Good. You can put Philip in touch. | 很好 你可以让菲利普联系 |
[08:01] | I’m happy to let Taylor go first if they want. | 如果泰勒他们想先做也没关系 |
[08:04] | Take Hypersonic, I can see you’re emotionally invested. | 拿下超音 我看得出你全情投入 |
[08:09] | I’ll go with self-driving cars instead. | 那我还是选自动驾驶吧 |
[08:11] | Similar sponsorship opportunities. | 赞助机会也类似 |
[08:12] | But next time I get first pick, I’ll be taking it. | 但要是下次再有机会 我会先选 |
[08:14] | No sympathy. | 不会手下留情的 |
[08:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:24] | Divvy up the rest. | 你们把剩下的分掉吧 |
[08:28] | Now, where my dogs at? | 我的狗呢 |
[08:41] | Sic ’em! | 给我上 |
[08:44] | I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen | 我从没见过哪个 |
[08:45] | a rich, powerful man enjoy it before. | 有钱有权的人享受这么干 |
[08:47] | Moments like this, if you don’t actually enjoy it, | 这种时刻 如果不去享受 |
[08:50] | what’s the darn point? | 那还有什么意义 |
[08:54] | Where do you go when you need to breathe a little? | 你需要透口气的时候会去哪里 |
[08:56] | I have a wonderful library on the first floor of my duplex. | 我公寓一楼有间很棒的书房 |
[09:00] | Great old 78 player. | 有很好的古典78转速唱片机 |
[09:01] | And a 60-year-old Speyside single malt. | 还有瓶六十年的斯佩塞单一麦芽威士忌 |
[09:04] | But your family’s there. | 但你的家人也在那 |
[09:06] | That makes it all the more pleasant. | 那就更加愉快了 |
[09:08] | Shit. | 该死 |
[09:09] | Hit me with the real of it. | 跟我说说到底发生了什么 |
[09:12] | I’m moving in with Chelz, my girl, | 我打算跟我的女朋友舒尔茨搬到一起 |
[09:13] | and she wants me to get rid of my rooms at the Pierre. | 她想让我退掉在皮埃尔的房间 |
[09:17] | I want to make her happy, but I can’t do it, not yet. | 我想让她高兴 但我做不到 现在还不行 |
[09:20] | I’ll move out and in with her, | 我会搬去跟她一起住 |
[09:21] | but I can’t actually let the suite go. | 但我不能放弃套房 |
[09:24] | So I was thinking you could let me put them under your name. | 所以我想能不能把房间挂在你名下 |
[09:27] | I’d pay, of course, off the books. | 当然 我会付钱的 私下里 |
[09:29] | For a host of reasons, primary among them | 出于许多原因 其中主要的是 |
[09:32] | that I don’t believe this serves you or your relationship, | 我认为这不会对你或你的感情有任何好处 |
[09:34] | I say no. | 我拒绝 |
[09:35] | I also say… and I mean this… | 但同时 真心的 |
[09:38] | if you ever find you need a moment to breathe, | 但凡你觉得需要喘口气 |
[09:41] | come on over to my place. | 到我家来 |
[09:42] | There’s more than enough 60-year to go around. | 有足够多六十年的威士忌供你喝 |
[09:48] | I’ll do it. | 我来吧 |
[09:50] | You can put the rooms in my name. | 你可以把房间挂在我名下 |
[09:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:53] | I can tell that’s what you need, not a pep talk. | 我知道你需要这个 而不是鼓励的话 |
[09:55] | It’s like at Brown, | 就像在布朗大学 |
[09:56] | they didn’t lecture you not to do Molly. | 他们不会教育你不要嗑摇头丸 |
[09:58] | Instead, some students gave you a testing kit | 相反 有学生会给你个检测套装 |
[10:00] | to make sure it’s actually Molly you’re doing. | 来确保你嗑的的确是摇头丸 |
[10:02] | And they hope eventually you’ll just decide to quit. | 并希望你最终决定戒掉 |
[10:05] | God fucking bless them. | 上帝保佑他们 |
[10:07] | And you. | 还有你 |
[10:11] | Well, I hope you’re enjoying the city, Miss Brett. | 希望你喜欢这座城市 布莱特小姐 |
[10:14] | Or do you prefer Katerina? | 或者你更想让我叫你卡特琳娜 |
[10:16] | We do not yet know each other. | 我们还没有那么熟悉吧 |
[10:18] | Then Miss Brett it is. | 那就叫布莱特小姐吧 |
[10:20] | Thank you very much for seeing us. | 非常感谢你来见我们 |
[10:22] | I’m a big, big Olympics person. | 我非常非常热爱奥运会 |
[10:25] | One of my first memories was watching Klammer on the downhill. | 我还记得小时候看克拉莫高山速降 |
[10:28] | Couldn’t believe the way he got up in the air | 他跳起腾空后依然在正确的轨道上 |
[10:30] | yet stayed on the course. | 真是太不可置信了 |
[10:31] | Inspired me to try to do the same | 他激励我在自己选择的领域 |
[10:33] | in my chosen field. | 也同样努力 |
[10:36] | The Games mean something like this to so many. | 奥运会对于无数人都有类似的意义 |
[10:38] | And I never tire of hearing it. | 这种故事我永远听不厌 |
[10:40] | The majesty, the patriotic pride, | 壮观的场景 爱国的热情 |
[10:43] | the striving for excellence. | 追求卓越的精神 |
[10:44] | That’s all why I was so glad, at first, | 这就是为什么起初 |
[10:47] | to know that they were coming to New York. | 得知奥运会要在纽约举行时 我特别高兴 |
[10:50] | From my understanding, you wanted to stop them. | 据我所知 你想阻止奥运会 |
[10:53] | Oh, once I found out who was bringing them to New York, | 当我发现是谁把奥运会带到纽约来的 |
[10:55] | and whom he was working with…a certain Colin Drache… | 还有他的同事 一个叫柯林·德拉赫的人后 |
[10:58] | then, yes, I took action. | 是的 我采取了行动 |
[10:59] | Not to stop the Games. | 不是为了阻止奥运会 |
[11:01] | No, to protect them from disgrace, from shame. | 不 我是为了保护它不蒙羞 不受辱 |
[11:05] | But this Drache is not the one person involved with Prince. | 但跟普林斯相关的人不止德拉赫一个 |
[11:09] | He put together a top group. | 他组建了一个顶级团队 |
[11:11] | Every important business leader in New York. | 包括纽约所有重要的商业领袖 |
[11:15] | Surely they are not all “in on it.” | 当然肯定不是所有人都有问题 |
[11:18] | They may not know every move that Prince has made, but… | 他们可能不知道普林斯的每一步动作 但 |
[11:21] | Every four years the rumors start. | 每隔四年都会谣言四起 |
[11:23] | This is how I know the Games are really about to begin. | 这时候 我就知道奥运会要开幕了 |
[11:26] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[11:28] | Much more than that here. | 没有那么简单 |
[11:30] | You have a case to present | 你是有案子 |
[11:32] | against Michael Prince and his group? | 指控迈克尔·普林斯和他的团队吗 |
[11:37] | Let me answer that with a question. | 我用一个问题来回答你 |
[11:40] | Do you believe an animal…a bear, say… | 你相信动物 比如说一只熊 |
[11:42] | can commit crimes against nature, | 会犯下危害自然的罪行吗 |
[11:44] | even though that bear is only doing what he was made to do? | 即使那只熊只是做了它应该做的 |
[11:48] | I do not. | 我不相信 |
[11:50] | Then you’ve never seen such an animal engaging | 那你应该没见过 |
[11:52] | in an activity called high-grading, have you? | 这种动物择优挑食吧 |
[11:54] | This is when | 这种情况发生在 |
[11:57] | the bears are in the last stages of hyperphagia. | 熊食欲旺盛的最后阶段 |
[11:59] | They’re eating twenty, thirty, forty thousand calories a day | 它们每天摄入两万 三万 乃至四万卡路里 |
[12:02] | to ready themselves for winter’s hibernation. | 为冬眠做准备 |
[12:04] | Now in the beginning, they catch a salmon, | 开始 它们抓住一条三文鱼 |
[12:07] | they eat a salmon. | 就吃一条三文鱼 |
[12:08] | Natural. As intended. | 很自然 符合常规 |
[12:11] | Yes. But towards the end, the bears are mostly full. | 对 但到了最后 熊基本上都吃饱了 |
[12:15] | The supply could be cut off and they’d be fine. | 不再吃东西也没关系 |
[12:17] | They’d sail through the winter. But they don’t stop eating. | 能够顺利度过冬天 但它们并没有停止进食 |
[12:22] | Instead, they become very picky. | 相反 它们变得很挑剔 |
[12:24] | The bears grab the salmon in their mouths, | 熊用嘴叼着三文鱼 |
[12:26] | they turn them inside out, devour only the brain and skin, | 把鱼里朝外地翻过来 只吃大脑和鱼皮 |
[12:29] | and throw the rest away. | 其他的都丢掉 |
[12:33] | Now, they are gorging on only the most choice bits, | 现在 他们大快朵颐 只吃最美味的部分 |
[12:36] | killing because they can, because they want to, | 肆意杀戮 因为它们能 它们想 |
[12:39] | not out of need… | 而非因为需要 |
[12:41] | and leaving a giant pile of mostly whole, skinned salmon | 留下一大堆几乎完整 但却没有皮的三文鱼 |
[12:45] | sitting there to rot in the sun. | 在太阳底下腐烂 |
[12:51] | I’ll admit this is a disturbing image. | 我承认 这个画面令人不安 |
[12:54] | It should be. | 的确 |
[12:55] | And Mike Prince is one of those bears. | 迈克·普林斯就是这样一头熊 |
[13:00] | Society is the river, the citizens are the salmon. | 社会是那条河 人们就是三文鱼 |
[13:03] | And now he wants the Games, too? | 现在他又盯上了奥运会 |
[13:06] | It’s high-grading. | 这就是择优挑食 |
[13:14] | I understand what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[13:17] | I also understand that it means | 我还明白 这意味着 |
[13:20] | you don’t have any real evidence of corruption | 你们没有任何证明他腐败 |
[13:23] | or anything else. | 或者其他行为的实质证据 |
[13:26] | When you do, | 等你们有了 |
[13:27] | I will act right along with you. | 我再配合你们行动 |
[13:32] | Until then, I move forward. | 在那之前 我继续我的工作 |
[13:44] | “Until then, I move forward”? Come the fuck on. | “在那之前 我继续我的工作” 去他妈的 |
[13:46] | We break Prince off from his friends. | 我们只要让普林斯和他的朋友们分开 |
[13:48] | That’s how he loses the Games. | 他就输了 |
[13:50] | With a threat to take their money, | 威胁他 夺走他们的资金 |
[13:51] | a convincing fucking threat. | 要找一个有说服力的方法 |
[13:53] | I can think of a few. | 我可以想出几招 |
[13:55] | There’s one they’re particularly worried about. | 有一件事他们特别担心 |
[13:56] | Long promised. | 担心很久了 |
[13:57] | Now we have to make it come true. | 现在我们得着手去办了 |
[13:59] | We’re going to tax their asses. | 我们要狠狠地向他们征税 |
[14:01] | Yes, we are. | 没错 |
[14:11] | Here they are, the A-Team. | 他们到了 一流团队 |
[14:13] | More like heroes of the city. | 更像是都市英雄 |
[14:14] | They cheered for me when I walked into Marea. | 我走进马雷亚餐厅时 他们为我欢呼 |
[14:17] | Some people stood. | 有些人还站起来了 |
[14:18] | That’s good. I got invited to join Augusta, | 挺好的 我受邀加入奥古斯塔 |
[14:21] | – which is better. – Me too. | – 他们更好 – 我也是 |
[14:24] | We should play a round. Met Gala? | 比一比 大都会艺术博物馆慈善舞会呢 |
[14:26] | – Yep. – Yep. | – 有 – 有 |
[14:28] | Love what I’m hearing. It’s what I expected. | 听到这些真好 和我预想的一样 |
[14:33] | Miss Brett, welcome. | 布莱特小姐 欢迎你 |
[14:34] | We are partners now. Call me Katerina. | 我们现在是合作伙伴了 叫我卡特琳娜就好 |
[14:37] | Congratulations on your winning bid | 祝贺你中标 |
[14:39] | and to this powerhouse organization. | 并加入这个人才济济的组织 |
[14:42] | We’re going to put on a spectacular show. | 我们打算举办一场精彩的表演 |
[14:45] | I particularly love this one-man torch relay | 我特别喜欢你在训练的 |
[14:47] | you have been training for. | 单人火炬接力 |
[14:49] | This is already driving huge traffic | 已经为国际体委网站 |
[14:51] | to the ICS website. | 吸引了巨大的流量 |
[14:52] | Well, that was the intention. | 这就是我的目的 |
[14:54] | We have all the city’s key real estate. | 我们手上有这座城市所有的主要房地产 |
[14:56] | A whole array of resources, really. | 真的是一大系列的资源 |
[14:58] | Which is why I have assembled this group, | 所以我组建了这个团队 |
[14:59] | so I can deploy each of their special gifts. | 这样我就可以利用每个人的独特优势 |
[15:02] | We already have the entire bid office | 我们已经把整个申奥办公室 |
[15:04] | converted to headquarters. | 改造成了总部 |
[15:05] | We’re getting right to work. | 我们现在就开始工作 |
[15:07] | Just wait till you see the extent of the plans | 等我给你们看我手头有的 |
[15:09] | – I have in place. – Oh, before that. | – 计划的内容 – 在那之前 |
[15:11] | A word. | 我有句话要跟你说 |
[15:15] | Your attorney general is telling an ugly story of bribery. | 你们的检察长说你涉嫌贿赂 |
[15:21] | Don’t they always? | 他们不是一直这样吗 |
[15:23] | Yes, of course, | 是的 当然了 |
[15:24] | as I suggested when he came to see me. | 他来见我的时候我就是这么说的 |
[15:27] | – He visited you in person? – He did. | – 他当面来拜访你了 – 对 |
[15:30] | And he had nothing when pressed. | 我问了他 他没有任何证据 |
[15:33] | Because, as you know, nothing untoward happened. | 因为你也知道 还没有什么意外发生 |
[15:36] | If that reveals itself to be otherwise, | 如果不是这样的话 |
[15:39] | you and I will be having | 你我之间的对话 |
[15:41] | a completely different conversation. | 就会完全不同了 |
[15:50] | Great job. | 干得漂亮 |
[15:52] | First gold medal of this Olympic era. | 本届奥运会的第一枚金牌 |
[15:55] | – Nice work, guy. – Use me as your Jim Kiick. | – 好样的 伙计 – 把我当作你的吉姆·奇特 |
[15:57] | Follow behind and get your yards. | 跟着我 保你赢球 |
[15:59] | I will. | 我会的 |
[16:02] | What’s the thing? | 怎么了 |
[16:03] | Philip nabbed 10% of AutoTelic. | 菲利普拿到了”自动目标”百分之十的股份 |
[16:06] | Plus they’re donating 500 self-driving cars | 他们还捐了500辆自动驾驶汽车 |
[16:08] | for athlete transpo during the Games. | 在奥运会期间接送运动员 |
[16:10] | Huge win. | 立大功了 |
[16:12] | The compressed timeline to get the cars ready | 在短时间内提供这么多车 |
[16:14] | means AutoTelic gets the largest urban beta phase | 意味着自动目标将获得自动驾驶车发展史上 |
[16:16] | in the history of self-driving cars. | 规模最大的城市测试机会 |
[16:17] | Good for all of them. | 双赢 |
[16:22] | I need a huge fucking win. | 我需要狠狠扳回一局 |
[16:28] | Megan. | 梅根 |
[16:30] | Shit. | 天 |
[16:31] | Superhero stuff right here in front of me. | 超级英雄一般的人竟坐在我面前 |
[16:34] | Ah, I just worked a little harder than the other ones. | 啊 我只是比别人更努力了一丢丢 |
[16:36] | Here’s what I see: | 我看到了这些 |
[16:38] | someone with the rarest of abilities. | 你是个奇才 |
[16:41] | And you inspire people. | 你鼓舞着人们 |
[16:44] | You take them out of their day-to-day | 带领他们走出漫无止境的无望日子 |
[16:46] | and give them an injection of hope. | 给他们带去希冀 |
[16:47] | – I try. – But you understand it. | – 我在努力 – 但你懂这个 |
[16:49] | I’m head performance coach for the Olympics, and… | 我是奥运会的首席绩效教练 而且… |
[16:52] | I’m trying to build out my team. | 我在努力地打造自己的团队 |
[16:54] | And I don’t want a bunch of performance shrinks | 我不希望团队里招的都是 |
[16:56] | who haven’t been out there. | 没经验的心理医生 |
[16:58] | I mean, the thing is, you have to really consider | 问题是 当你和一个 |
[17:00] | every word when talking to an athlete | 想要做到顶尖的运动员交谈的时候 |
[17:02] | who are trying to perform at the highest level. | 一字一句都得好好斟酌 |
[17:05] | It’s one thing to have a coach yell at us, | 教练大喊大叫的指导是一回事 |
[17:07] | but if I let you into my psyche… | 而深入心灵的交谈又是另一回事 |
[17:10] | This is exactly what I need to hear. | 这正是我想听到的 |
[17:13] | And why I want you to be my partner in this. | 也是我想与你合作的原因 |
[17:19] | I’m in. | 我答应你 |
[17:20] | Not while I’m playing. | 不能在我上场的时候 |
[17:22] | Cool. | 很好 |
[17:27] | That’s the sixth generation, | 这是第六代飞机 |
[17:28] | taken at the beginning of the flight | 照片是在飞行开始的时候拍的 |
[17:30] | when we found out that 9.5 Gs was a bit too much. | 当时我们发现9.5个G的太过了 |
[17:32] | – G-LOC. – No. | – G力昏迷 – 不 |
[17:34] | Too much for the plane. The fuselage buckled. | 对飞机来说太过了 会出现机身挫曲 |
[17:36] | Had to punch out. | 里面的人会被弹射出去 |
[17:37] | – Maté? – No, thanks. | – 喝点马黛茶吗 – 不了 谢谢 |
[17:40] | The projections on your company are off the charts. | 对贵公司的期待高得爆表 |
[17:43] | Business is secondary. | 生意是次要的 |
[17:45] | I know aircraft. | 我懂飞机 |
[17:46] | Delta wing design, | 三角翼设计 |
[17:47] | new composite materials, tri-spool configuration. | 新型复合材料 三轴式发动机配置 |
[17:50] | Commercial travel’s at the stagecoach phase. | 如果说民航是马车 |
[17:52] | Hypersonic will be like locomotives. | 那超音就是火车 |
[17:54] | Make the world crossable. Make things possible. | 让世界近在咫尺 让一切皆有可能 |
[17:57] | That’s how I got back from Australia so fast. | 所以我能这么快从澳大利亚回来 |
[17:59] | And that was just in the Mini Hype. | 这还只是预热阶段 |
[18:01] | Does Mach 2.2. | 只达到了2.2马赫 |
[18:03] | The Symphony will do 2.8 with 75 souls aboard. | “交响”能达到2.8马赫 可载75人 |
[18:06] | Which is why my firm’s ready to take a big position | 这就是为什么我们公司准备在明天开盘时 |
[18:08] | at the opening tomorrow, | 重仓持有你们的股票 |
[18:10] | but I wanted to discuss a bigger partnership. | 但我想谈的是更长远的合作 |
[18:12] | Don’t want partners. Don’t like them. | 对合作伙伴没兴趣 我不喜欢 |
[18:15] | Sure, ones who don’t know that the single crystal nickel alloy | 当然了 你不喜欢的是那些门外汉 |
[18:17] | that allows your engines to operate above melting point | 不懂镍基单晶合金能让发动机超过熔点运行 |
[18:20] | is the key to your tech. | 才是你们公司技术的关键 |
[18:21] | You know about high-bypass turbofans. | 你竟然知道高涵道比涡轮风扇 |
[18:24] | My principal just brought the Olympics to New York, | 我们老板刚促成了纽约申奥 |
[18:26] | and we need the ability to fly in teams, fans, fast, | 我们还要让世界各地的参赛队伍和观众 |
[18:29] | from far and wide. | 能快速地飞到纽约来 |
[18:30] | – From Tokyo in eight hours… – Six… | – 八个小时从东京飞到… – 六小时足矣 |
[18:32] | Once you start flying passengers, of course. | 一旦你们开始载客 当然能做到 |
[18:34] | But before that, you’ll need a bigger market cap, | 但在此之前 你们公司要有更高的市值 |
[18:36] | which will give you freedom with your board. | 这样你在董事会里就拥有自由了 |
[18:38] | – I can give all that to you. – How? | – 这一切我都能给你 – 怎么做 |
[18:40] | By making Hypersonic the official airline | 让超音成为纽约奥运会的 |
[18:41] | of the New York Games. | 官方航空公司 |
[18:44] | Fuck me. | 哇靠 |
[18:47] | We’ve got a hell of a lot to talk about, my new friend. | 那我们可有的谈了 新朋友 |
[18:50] | Sure you don’t want a maté? | 你确定不来杯马黛茶吗 |
[18:52] | Sure, I’ll take one. | 好 那就来一杯 |
[18:53] | Azucar or amargo? | 喝甜的还是喝苦的 |
[19:06] | Gotta whip it. Whip it good. | 就得靠党鞭 好好地敲打敲打 |
[19:07] | It’s hard to get the state legislature | 让州议会去跟那些 |
[19:10] | to go against the people whose money put them in their seats. | 靠钱赢得席位的人唱反调可是很难的 |
[19:12] | That’s why they call it whipping the vote. Never easy. | 所以才叫做”鞭打投票”啊 向来不容易 |
[19:15] | Plus, we only need the threats, not the action. | 另外 咱们威胁一下就行了 不需要采取行动 |
[19:17] | It’s got to be convincing. | 足够让他们相信了 |
[19:19] | If we can get this cabal of Prince’s | 如果能让普林斯的阴谋团体 |
[19:21] | to believe we’re finally going to close | 相信我们终究会堵上 |
[19:23] | the carried interest loophole… | 附带权益的漏洞… |
[19:25] | And that all their capital gains | 他们所有的资本收益 |
[19:27] | will suddenly be considered income | 也都会一下子 |
[19:28] | at the state level, too. | 被当成州的收入 |
[19:29] | That’s a 22% tax hit for them. | 那对他们将是22%的税收冲击 |
[19:31] | Cap gains is their very lifeblood. | 资本收益可是他们的命根子 |
[19:33] | Truth is, the people will love this. | 可事实是 民众会支持这么做 |
[19:35] | We just have to remind our state reps of it, | 所以我们只需提醒咱们州的代表们 |
[19:37] | that there’s some things more important than deep pockets. | 有些东西可比金主重要多了 |
[19:40] | – How do you do that? – Well, Dave, | – 你会怎么做 – 戴芙 |
[19:42] | some things haven’t changed | 有些事始终没变 |
[19:44] | since Hugh Carey put on his first straw boater. | 自从休·凯里上任以来一直如此 |
[19:49] | You go into their world, you speak their language, | 到他们中去 找共同语言 |
[19:53] | you solve their problems. | 替他们排忧解难 |
[19:55] | You offer them friendship. | 同他们交好 |
[19:57] | Albany is as Albany ever was. | 奥尔巴尼一如既往 |
[20:00] | Instead of duckpin bowling, | 不会替他们扫清所有障碍 |
[20:01] | you show up just when they need the help, | 而是只在他们需要的时候出现 |
[20:04] | when their constituents are about to rebel | 也就是在他们的选民因为财产税提高 |
[20:06] | because their property taxes have been raised. | 而准备闹事的时候 |
[20:08] | And you help remind those constituents | 而我们要做的就是提醒选民们 |
[20:10] | just how powerful their representative is. | 他们的代表们有多强大 |
[20:14] | And, of course, you do the bandstand circuit | 当然 还要参加他们的成人礼 |
[20:16] | of bar mitzvahs, confirmations, christenings and the like. | 坚振礼 洗礼等仪式 |
[20:20] | Sometimes, you recreate with these fine folks, | 有时还得和那些好人一块儿去消遣 |
[20:23] | up in the deer stand or on the lake. | 打猎或钓鱼什么的 |
[20:26] | And, most crucially… | 最重要的是… |
[20:30] | you feel their pain. | 得对他们的痛苦感同身受 |
[20:48] | So I know you must’ve anticipated this part, | 我知道你肯定已经提前预料到了 |
[20:51] | even as we scare them with the state tax, | 即使我们用州税吓唬他们 |
[20:53] | they don’t have to pull support of the Games. | 他们也没有必要撤回对奥运会的支持 |
[20:55] | They’re rich enough. They can move themselves | 他们太有钱了 可以把自己和公司的资产 |
[20:56] | and their firms out of state to avoid it. | 转移到别的州来避税 |
[20:58] | Ah, now we’re talking about the interstate compact. | 啊 所以你想说的是州际协议 |
[21:02] | – Yep. – Which is why | – 没错 – 所以你才要 |
[21:03] | you’re going to rope the governors | 拉拢邻近州 |
[21:04] | of neighboring and other likely states | 和其他相关州的州长 |
[21:06] | into a dinner to make that compact. | 共进晚餐达成协议 |
[21:10] | They’re not going to agree to something | 他们才不会因为一顿晚餐 |
[21:11] | as jacked up as that over dinner, | 就同意这么夸张的事 |
[21:13] | no matter how good the wine is. | 就算葡萄酒再好也不可能 |
[21:14] | They don’t have to. | 他们没有必要去达成协议 |
[21:16] | They don’t even need to know why they’re coming to dinner. | 他们甚至都不用知道为什么要来赴宴 |
[21:19] | They just need to come, so give them a good reason. | 只要人来就行 找个合适的理由邀请他们 |
[21:25] | Your guy’s going to want to be there, believe me, | 相信我 你们都会想来的 |
[21:27] | or he’ll be caught out. | 不然就会错过重要信息 |
[21:28] | We’re bringing an antitrust case | 我们要对医疗垄断公司 |
[21:29] | against medical monopolies. | 提起反垄断诉讼 |
[21:31] | These bloodsuckers slowed down essential testing, | 这些吸血鬼们减缓了基本试验的进程 |
[21:35] | shunted off patient care. | 将病患的护理置之不顾 |
[21:37] | They made money off the pandemic. | 他们发疫情财 |
[21:40] | Fuck Big Health! | 操蛋的全民健康 |
[21:42] | Well, it’s a slam dunk with your constituents, | 这对你们的选民来说就是小菜一碟 |
[21:43] | so you’d better get your boss there. | 所以最好让你的头儿来参加 |
[21:45] | And two other governors have already committed. | 另外两位州长已经答应要来了 |
[21:48] | And it’s going to be a hell of a meal too. | 有一顿盛筵在等着你们呢 |
[21:50] | Yeah. | 好吗 |
[21:51] | So I’ll see you there. | 那我们就在那儿见 |
[21:58] | Hypersonic. Big plans for them. | 超音有宏大的版图 |
[22:00] | They’re positioned and ready to go. | 他们已经万事俱备 蓄势待发 |
[22:01] | The elevator pitch is: | 他们介绍时说的是 |
[22:03] | faster than the Concorde, | 比协和式客机更快 |
[22:04] | more accessible than Jet Blue, | 比捷蓝航空更亲民 |
[22:05] | and safer than your mother’s Volvo. | 比老妈开的沃尔沃更安全 |
[22:07] | Do I have your blessing? | 你会支持我吗 |
[22:08] | – You seem convinced. – I am. | – 看起来你信了 – 是的 |
[22:10] | Then I am. | 那我就信了 |
[22:23] | You know the “four out of five dentists surveyed” thing | 你听过”五分之四受访的牙医”那句广告词吗 |
[22:25] | about Trident being better for your teeth? | 说三叉戟口香糖更有益于牙齿健康 |
[22:27] | Apparently I’m the fifth dentist. | 显然我是那不推荐的第五位牙医 |
[22:29] | – Meaning? – We need to hold up a sec. | – 原因呢 – 我们需要让子弹飞一会儿 |
[22:31] | On Hypersonic. | 在超音这件事情上 |
[22:33] | I haven’t been able to independently verify | 我始终无法独立核实 |
[22:34] | the tech claims in their literature. | 他们文献中的技术主张 |
[22:36] | I see. | 我知道 |
[22:37] | Well, we can’t wait. | 但我们没时间等 |
[22:39] | I got clearance, and I want to size up before the stock moves. | 我得到了许可 我想在股票变动前加仓 |
[22:41] | The sizing you’re suggesting | 你想要加仓的规模 |
[22:43] | goes outside usual risk parameters. | 已经超出了通常的风险系数了 |
[22:45] | Because we are… I am… | 因为我们… 我 |
[22:46] | taking into account guaranteed growth from the Games. | 考虑到奥运会能保证增长 |
[22:49] | Guarantees don’t even work when you buy mangoes online. | 网购芒果的时候 可是什么保证都没用 |
[22:52] | Look, big positions lead to big wins. | 要大获全胜就得下大注 |
[22:55] | Is the big win on Hypersonic, or against Philip? | 你的胜利指的是赢得超音 还是打败菲利普 |
[23:02] | I’m tempted to stand here like Siddhartha until you relent. | 我真想像悉达多一样站在这 直到你心软为止 |
[23:08] | Sidd’s father knew the kid would stand there until he died. | 悉达多的父亲知道他会一直站到死为止 |
[23:11] | You got more Govinda in you. | 你更像戈文达 |
[23:12] | So we both know you’ll give it up | 所以我们都清楚 当你饿到头昏眼花的时候 |
[23:14] | the second you get lightheaded from hunger. | 就会主动放弃了 |
[23:15] | Oh, and the fifth dentist? | 噢 至于那第五位牙医嘛 |
[23:17] | He caved and agreed with the other ones. | 他屈从了其他人 |
[23:18] | We’re completing the buy. | 我们必须买入 |
[23:33] | – It’s me. – Good evening, sir. | – 是我 – 晚上好 先生 |
[23:35] | Well, uh, good day to you, I suppose. | 也许我该说 日安 |
[23:37] | You’re a tough man to reach. Where the heck have you…? | 你可真难找 你去哪… |
[23:40] | Sat phone’s only on an hour a day. | 卫星电话每天只能用一个小时 |
[23:41] | Makes the untraceable more untraceable. | 你找我更是难上加难 |
[23:43] | – Protocol, you know. – Fine, listen… | – 规矩如此 – 行吧 听着 |
[23:47] | if there were inquiries, would our status be solid? | 如果有人要调查我们 情况还稳定吗 |
[23:50] | Quite. | 很稳定 |
[23:51] | Untraceable. Everything’s locked, my friend. | 无迹可寻 板上钉钉了 我的朋友 |
[23:54] | Most everyone who’s fallen thought that. | 几乎所有败者都这么说 |
[23:57] | Please. Amateurs. | 拜托 那些都是业余玩家 |
[23:59] | Right. | 行吧 |
[24:01] | You know her better than I do. | 你比我更了解她 |
[24:03] | Can I count on Katerina Brett to stay locked | 我能指望卡特琳娜·布莱特在干扰下 |
[24:05] | even if there’s noise? | 仍然能不打退堂鼓吗 |
[24:09] | Oh, Michael, Michael… | 迈克尔 迈克尔 |
[24:11] | Miss Brett is a mercenary type | 布莱特小姐不达目的不罢休 |
[24:15] | who cares about a proper Games above all. | 她在乎的只有奥运会得不得体 |
[24:17] | She will not countenance impropriety. | 她不会容忍失礼的行为 |
[24:20] | You understand? | 懂了吗 |
[24:22] | So, in that way, yeah, you can count on her absolutely. | 如此看来 你完全可以信任她 |
[24:35] | – Boss… – Oh, none of that. No, no. | – 老大 – 停停停 别这么叫 |
[24:38] | You’re no junior. | 你又不是新人 |
[24:40] | I paraphrase the modern philosopher Steve Parish: | 我引用现代哲学家史蒂夫·巴里什的名言 |
[24:42] | I am not the boss. You are not the boss. | 我不是老大 你也不是老大 |
[24:44] | The situation, that’s the damn boss. | 眼前的局势 才是老大 |
[24:48] | I didn’t read Parish at university. | 我上大学时没读过巴里什的书 |
[24:49] | Well, philosophy was his sideline. | 哲学是他的副业 |
[24:51] | His main gig was lead roadie for the Grateful Dead. | 他的主业是”感恩而死”的乐队主管人 |
[24:54] | And his experience on that long, strange trip | 在那次漫长而奇妙的巡演中 |
[24:57] | taught him, you think you’re the boss | 他得到了教训 他以为一切尽在掌控 |
[25:00] | right until the car breaks down. | 直到他的车抛了锚 |
[25:02] | At which point, it is revealed | 自那以后 他认为 |
[25:03] | the carburetor is the boss. | 化油器才是老大 |
[25:05] | Well, right now, the situation is an uncooperative boss | 所以现在那个不肯合作的 |
[25:09] | who goes by the name of Governor Sweeney. | 斯威尼州长才是老大 |
[25:10] | He has a conflict and won’t attend the dinner. | 他有急事 不愿出席晚宴 |
[25:13] | He is willing to come a different night. | 他愿意改天晚上再来 |
[25:14] | No, that’s the complication, not the situation. | 不 这只是并发症 不是问题 |
[25:17] | The situation is, we need him there. | 问题是我们需要他来 |
[25:19] | That’s the driver. That’s the boss. | 这才是关键 这才老大 |
[25:21] | That’s why I’m bringing it to you. | 所以我才来请教你 |
[25:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:27] | You know, I bet old Steve Parish would recognize | 我猜史蒂夫·巴里什会认为 |
[25:30] | that Sweeney is Buridan’s ass… | 斯威尼就是”布里丹之驴” |
[25:33] | caught between hay and water, | 又饿又渴 |
[25:35] | equally hungry and thirsty. | 不知道是该先吃还是先喝 |
[25:38] | We have to convince him to come our way, | 必须得说服他和咱们一起走阳关道 |
[25:40] | or risk ending up dead. | 要不他就死路一条 |
[25:45] | …for that report. Let’s do more on this. | 就此报道 我们再深入一下 |
[25:47] | Our emerging action segment… | 我们新采取的部分行动… |
[25:51] | You didn’t just go big on Hypersonic, | 你不是在超音上有大动作 |
[25:53] | you went Snake River Canyon big. | 是有蛇河峡谷那么大的动作 |
[25:54] | I’m familiar. | 那里我很熟 |
[25:56] | Magic Valley region of southern Idaho. | 在爱达荷州南部的魔法谷地区 |
[25:57] | It’s more of an Evel Knievel reference. | 更像是埃维尔·克尼维尔 |
[25:58] | The daredevil. | 那个不要命的 |
[26:00] | I’ve kept myself in the dark about him | 我一直没去了解他 |
[26:01] | because his politics were… | 因为他的政治立场… |
[26:03] | The suits, though. | 倒是他的着装 |
[26:05] | I’ll admit I like the suits. Colorful. | 我挺喜欢 花花绿绿的 |
[26:07] | He tried to jump it. The canyon. | 1974年 他尝试飞跃大峡谷 |
[26:09] | Made him the most famous man in America for a summer, | 消息一出 他成了当时全美的热点 |
[26:11] | Ali excepted. | 仅次于拳王阿里 |
[26:13] | I assume Ali is always excepted from statements like that. | 阿里可没这么爱出风头 |
[26:15] | The problem was, | 问题在于 |
[26:17] | Snake River Canyon can’t be jumped. | 蛇河峡谷不可飞跃 |
[26:19] | Not by a motorcycle. | 起码摩托车不行 |
[26:22] | So Evel built himself a steam-powered rocket | 为此 埃维尔为自己制造了一架”天轮 X-2″ |
[26:24] | called the Skycycle X-2 and tried to fly over. | 蒸汽动力火箭 并试图飞越 |
[26:26] | And instead, the most famous man in America… | 结果 美国最出名的人… |
[26:28] | Ali excepted. | 除了阿里以外 |
[26:30] | …became the biggest joke in America. | 成为了全美的笑柄 |
[26:33] | Whole nation watched that Skycycle malfunction, | 全国上下都看到了天轮出岔子 |
[26:35] | trip the parachute, and Evel drift to the bottom. | 降落伞打开 埃维尔飘到了谷底 |
[26:38] | His rep never recovered. | 现在他还是个笑话 |
[26:39] | And you think Hypersonic is the Skycycle. | 你认为超音速会是第二个天轮 |
[26:41] | I think it’s unproven and untested in just the same way. | 我认为这个项目和天轮一样天马行空 |
[26:43] | And you came in here as a compatriot to warn me, | 你像个朋友一样来警告我 |
[26:45] | not as a competitor trying to dislodge me | 而不是作为对手想方设法 |
[26:47] | from a winning position, sure. | 置我于死地 |
[26:49] | This doesn’t have to be a competition. | 咱们不是竞争关系 |
[26:50] | If that were true, you wouldn’t be standing there. | 如果不是 你就不会站在这了 |
[26:52] | I may not be rooting for you to beat me, | 我可能不愿意你打败我 |
[26:53] | but I am not rooting against you, either. | 但也绝对不是你的敌人 |
[26:55] | A big win for you won’t do me any harm, | 你大获全胜对我又不是坏事 |
[26:56] | but you will screw everyone if you take a big loss. | 但如果你大败 则会牵连所有人 |
[26:58] | True in theory, yet unlikely in practical terms. | 话说得很漂亮 可惜没什么可行性 |
[27:01] | You and I both know your position is way too big. | 你我都知道你现在位高权重 |
[27:02] | For you maybe. | 可能对你来说 |
[27:04] | That’s fine. Stay safe at street level. | 明哲保身是个不错的选择 |
[27:06] | But as Mr. Knievel might have put it, | 但就如克尼维尔先生所说 |
[27:08] | I’m gonna rev my engines and jump. | 我要发动引擎 一飞冲天 |
[27:25] | House rules? | 这里有什么规矩吗 |
[27:27] | Uh, this contains certain unmentionables, | 这里面有一些不可外露的东西 |
[27:32] | which will remain just that. | 所以请不要乱动 |
[27:35] | Keep my paws off the top drawer. Got it. | 远离酒水 收到 |
[27:37] | No, no. The whole highboy. | 不 不 我说的是整个酒柜 |
[27:38] | And the armoire. | 还有大衣橱 |
[27:40] | And the bottom shelf in the bathroom. | 以及浴室最下面的架子 |
[27:43] | And the top shelf in the bathroom. | 还有浴室最上面的架子 |
[27:44] | And the cabinet over the toilet. | 还有马桶上的橱柜 |
[27:46] | I’ll just steer clear of the bathroom altogether. | 我远离洗手间就行了 |
[27:48] | Not that I’ll ever be here anyway, but of course. | 虽然我不会再来这里了 但我会照做 |
[27:50] | I’ll reimburse you on Venmo in varying amounts, | 我会在转账平台上给你转账 |
[27:53] | balancing it out every three months. | 三个月一次 |
[27:56] | Under “what it’s for,” it’ll say “sports bet.” | 我会在备注栏里标注体育赌资 |
[27:58] | Ooh, better mark those private. | 最好设置成私密交易 |
[28:00] | Your gal could be stalking your Venmo if she’s suspicious. | 如果你女人起了疑心 她可能会查你的转账 |
[28:02] | – Stalking Venmo is a thing? – It is. | – 转账平台能查出来吗 – 能 |
[28:05] | Innovation sucks. | 烂科技 |
[28:15] | Could I maybe get your POV on something? | 有件事我想知道你怎么看 |
[28:17] | It’s slightly sketch. | 有些难以启齿 |
[28:19] | “Slightly sketch” is my nom de guerre. | 我这辈子都难以启齿 |
[28:23] | You know what? It was more of an inside thought. | 我要说的是我的心里话 |
[28:25] | I get that. | 好 |
[28:27] | I don’t have as many of those as I used to. | 好久没人和我逃过心窝子了 |
[28:30] | But I get it. | 但我明白 |
[28:35] | Governor, I need you in the lineup tonight. | 州长 我需要你今晚到场 |
[28:38] | Oh, Chuck, I have to deal with the Big Ugly tonight. | 查克 我今晚还要处理预算的事 |
[28:41] | Everything the state legislature hasn’t voted on tonight gets… | 今晚州议会还没有投票表决的所有事项都… |
[28:44] | Yes, reconciled, voted on, decided. | 我懂 得协商 投票 拍板 |
[28:46] | – And you need to ratify. – So you see… | – 都得经你手批准 – 所以说… |
[28:48] | No, I see that you can do it all. | 不 我觉得你能两头兼顾 |
[28:52] | The Big Ugly doesn’t wrap | 预算的事宜 |
[28:53] | until the wee small hours of the morning, | 到早晨才会结束 |
[28:56] | and not even Nelson Riddle could arrange it | 就算是尼尔森·里德 |
[28:58] | so this excuse works on me. | 也没别的理由搪塞我了 |
[29:01] | And it is better for you to be at this dinner. | 这次晚宴你最好能出席 |
[29:03] | If you don’t go, | 如果你不去 |
[29:05] | you will miss out on this giant antitrust case, | 你会错过一个反垄断的大案子 |
[29:07] | which’ll look bad for you. | 这会对你很不利 |
[29:15] | I’m not as smart as you, Chuck. | 我没你那么聪明 查克 |
[29:17] | No. | 听着 |
[29:20] | So I can’t outthink you. | 所以我没你想得多 |
[29:21] | So I got to use my instincts on this. | 我只能靠我的直觉来判断 |
[29:24] | And they’re telling me not to go to this dinner | 他们都告诉我不要去 |
[29:26] | because you seem to want me there. | 因为你好像在盼着我去 |
[29:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:29] | Huh? Why there? Why then? | 你到底有什么目的 |
[29:31] | I just feel like you’re setting me up for something. | 我觉得你对我有所企图 |
[29:33] | It’s a trick, | 是场鸿门宴 |
[29:35] | and I’m just going to end up looking like a schmuck. | 最后我会狼狈不堪 |
[29:37] | So, no, thanks. | 我不去 谢谢邀请 |
[29:39] | Fine. Don’t go. | 行 那就别去 |
[29:40] | In fact, yes, I’ll admit it, your gut is right. | 好吧 我承认 你的直觉是对的 |
[29:44] | It might be best for you to leave it to me | 请不动您 我就去 |
[29:46] | and the other governors. | 请别的州长们吧 |
[29:47] | Talk soon, pally. | 回见 |
[29:49] | Wait. Hold it. | 等等 |
[29:52] | That was too easy. | 你退的太快了 |
[29:53] | You asked me to come so I’d feel included, | 你邀请我是出于客套 |
[29:55] | but you follow up here so I couldn’t say later | 但你来和我面谈 |
[29:57] | that you should have told me it was important to be there. | 我之后就不能质问你 没有诚挚邀请我了 |
[30:00] | Ah-ha, you… you don’t want me to go. | 所以说 你根本不想让我去 |
[30:02] | And if I don’t go, | 如果我不去 |
[30:04] | I’m going to end up looking like a schmuck. | 我才会落得个不好的下场 |
[30:09] | Is that what I really want? | 我有想这么多吗 |
[30:24] | Ooh, wait… | 等等 |
[30:25] | – It actually works. – Yeah! | – 真管用啊 – 好耶 |
[30:27] | Wild! | 牛啊 |
[30:29] | The night you gave this to me… | 那晚你把这东西给我的时候… |
[30:31] | It was the night before the first company went public. | 那是头一家公司上市的前夜 |
[30:33] | I found it in some Sharper Image catalog, | 这是我在尖端印象 |
[30:36] | or Hammacher Schlemmer, maybe. | 还是施莱默上看到的 |
[30:38] | The thought of us being like those characters in Wall Street | 一想到我们会成为华尔街的一员 |
[30:40] | was too funny to me. | 我就觉得好笑 |
[30:43] | We were too nervous to eat. | 我们紧张的都吃不下饭 |
[30:45] | Never opened it. Glad I kept this thing. | 一直没打开 还好我带回来了 |
[30:48] | I mean, that would be sweet, | 我是说 那样也挺好 |
[30:49] | but I know you had someone buy 20 of them | 但我知道你让人买了二十瓶 |
[30:51] | and stash them in every home, just in case. | 每个家都藏一瓶 以防万一 |
[30:53] | I still love that you brought it out now. | 你现在拿出来 我还是很开心 |
[30:54] | Damn. | 靠 |
[30:56] | Well, I haven’t ever used it, any of them. | 这些我都没用过 |
[30:58] | I know that too. | 我知道 |
[31:00] | You’re romantic. Always have been. | 你很浪漫 一直都是 |
[31:04] | Let me prove it to you. | 那让我证明一下 |
[31:06] | Move in. | 搬进来 |
[31:08] | Move your stuff in, at least. | 至少把你的东西搬进来 |
[31:11] | Forget a hotel, or some other apartment, | 你为奥运会呆在纽约这段时间 |
[31:13] | on your trips here for the Games. | 别住酒店或者别的公寓 |
[31:17] | I’m here now. What more do you need? | 我人在这里 你还想要什么 |
[31:20] | I need it all. | 我要你的全部 |
[31:22] | You know that’s the reason I did the thing, right? | 你知道这是我做那件事的原因 对吧 |
[31:24] | Got the Games here in the first place? | 让奥运会在这里举办 |
[31:25] | No, you did it to replenish the energy | 不 你那么做是为了让自己恢复元气 |
[31:28] | and relevance coffers of New York City, | 顺便填满纽约的保险箱 |
[31:30] | along with the actual ones. | 还有一些人的口袋 |
[31:31] | Yeah. Both. | 是 两者兼有 |
[31:35] | I’m not the kind of person who would ever assume | 我不会以为那种级别的决策是为了我 |
[31:36] | that level of gesture is for me, | 我不是这种人 |
[31:38] | even from you. | 哪怕那个决策是你做的 |
[31:39] | Which is why you warrant it. | 所以我觉得你值得 |
[31:43] | And now you don’t have to assume. | 你现在不需要以为 |
[31:55] | We’re a quorum. Good. Let’s begin. | 人都到齐了 很好 现在开始 |
[31:58] | I only came because you said our futures were in the balance. | 我来这里是因为你说我们的未来岌岌可危 |
[32:01] | Oh, your lives are about to change in a brutal way. | 你们的生活要发生天翻地覆的变化了 |
[32:05] | The carried interest loophole is about to be closed. | 附带权益漏洞要被补上了 |
[32:13] | Okay, Rhoades, sure it is. | 好的 罗兹 想必是的 |
[32:15] | You know, this happens every few years, | 每隔几年就会发生 |
[32:18] | but there’s never the political will to pass it. | 但从来都不是因为政治意愿 |
[32:21] | Student loan forgiveness. Free universal health care. | 免除学生贷款 免费全民医保 |
[32:24] | There are a lot of big ideas in flux right now, | 现在各种点子层出不穷 |
[32:26] | but the loophole isn’t one with teeth. | 漏洞这个并不是最有说服力的 |
[32:29] | Ah-ha, but tonight is a very special night. | 但今晚很特别 |
[32:32] | Have you ever heard of the Big Ugly? | 你们听说过”大丑”预算吗 |
[32:35] | No? | 没有吗 |
[32:36] | Well, it’s the last night of the legislative session, | 那是立法会议期间的最后一晚 |
[32:38] | when all outstanding business is voted on and passed. | 所有出众的企业都已经表决并且通过了 |
[32:43] | You see, the Assembly can’t call it a night until it all is. | 除非所有都通过 否则大会无法结束 |
[32:46] | And tonight there is an item that I have jammed | 今晚 我在某项会通过的提案里 |
[32:49] | into a certain bill that will also be passing: | 插进去了一条 |
[32:53] | closing the carried interest loophole. | 补上附带权益漏洞 |
[32:56] | You fucking kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[32:58] | – Jesus Christ. – Hold on, gang. | – 天哪 – 各位冷静 |
[32:59] | No need to sweat through your Speed Stick. | 没必要吓出一身冷汗 |
[33:02] | Loophole closes, it’s easy enough to move a residence | 如果漏洞补上了 为了报税 |
[33:05] | or office or a server to Jersey or Connecticut, | 把住处 办公室或服务器搬到新泽西 康涅狄格 |
[33:08] | or even Pennsylvania for tax filing purposes, | 甚至宾夕法尼亚 都非常容易 |
[33:10] | because as Chuck well knows, | 因为正如查克所知 |
[33:12] | without a little something called an interstate compact, | 在没有州际协议的情况下 |
[33:15] | meaning if those other states don’t agree | 也就是说如果其他州不同意 |
[33:17] | to closing the loophole too… | 补上漏洞 |
[33:20] | we’re in the clear. | 我们就是清白的 |
[33:37] | What do you think they’re agreeing to right now? | 你觉得他们在协商什么呢 |
[33:39] | Those governors, | 州长们 |
[33:41] | with my second-in-command locking it all in. | 全都被我的副手关在那里了 |
[33:43] | Oh fuck. | 他妈的 |
[33:46] | Yeah. | 就是这样 |
[33:48] | So you fund managers can kiss your cap gains rate goodbye | 所以你们这些基金经理和盈利率说再见吧 |
[33:50] | and suck on straight income tax. | 直面个人所得税 |
[33:53] | But what’s another 22% in taxes between friends, huh? | 那税收的另外22%呢 |
[33:57] | Between city, state and federal, | 城市与城市 州与州 国家与国家之间 |
[33:59] | this now brings you right up to 50%. | 这个数字提高到50% |
[34:02] | Oh, and you guys who just invest, | 你们刚投资 |
[34:04] | don’t think they won’t pass the pain along to you in fees. | 不要觉得他们会在费用上刁难你们 |
[34:07] | A few billion bucks between you all… | 单单是明年一年 |
[34:11] | next year alone. | 你们就要多交几十亿 |
[34:13] | Welcome to fucking Cuba, kids. | 欢迎来到古巴 |
[34:15] | But you’re showing us before it closed. | 但你在补漏之前就告诉我们了 |
[34:21] | That’s no accident. | 这可不是意外 |
[34:24] | Lazarra, you must be one tough out at Russian roulette. | 你一定是俄罗斯轮盘游戏里坚持到最后的人 |
[34:28] | So, what do we need to do to get the bullet out of the gun? | 那么 我们如何清空弹匣呢 |
[34:42] | Whoo! Yeah! | 太棒啦 |
[34:45] | “I’ve seen better tennis playing in a tampon commercial.” | “卫生棉广告里的人网球都比她打得更好” |
[34:48] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[34:51] | Crap. | 该死 |
[34:52] | I needed to unplug. | 我要放空 |
[34:55] | Had to get away from my roommate, you know? | 必须远离我的舍友 |
[34:57] | Last time I had a roommate | 我上一次有舍友 |
[34:59] | was Chuck Sheen at Promises in Malibu. | 是查克 席恩在马里布希望山庄时 |
[35:03] | I don’t have a roommate either. | 我也没有舍友 |
[35:05] | I needed… | 我需要 |
[35:07] | I needed to think. | 我需要思考 |
[35:09] | Or not think. | 或者干脆什么都不想 |
[35:10] | What are you stressing over? You’re 12. | 你到底为什么焦虑 你才十二岁 |
[35:17] | You want to talk it out? | 想聊聊吗 |
[35:21] | Unpopular opinion: | 冷知识 |
[35:23] | Youth makes stress worse, not better. | 年轻人更容易焦虑 |
[35:27] | Like, I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing | 我不知道我做的事情 |
[35:29] | with a certain work matter. | 有没有意义 |
[35:31] | I don’t know if I should trust myself. | 我不知道该不该相信自己 |
[35:32] | Ah, a real problem. Thus, the Cheetos. | 真是个大问题 所以你开始吃奇多 |
[35:35] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:37] | I found something on Hypersonic, and it’s bad. | 我发现超音有一些不对劲的地方 |
[35:39] | Full on, not good, bad. | 非常不好 很不好 |
[35:41] | But Taylor doesn’t want to hear that shit. | 但是泰勒并不想听我说 |
[35:44] | That’s been made abundantly clear. | 她说的已经很清楚了 |
[35:45] | So I don’t know what to do. | 所以我不知道该怎么办 |
[35:46] | I’ve already pushed. | 我已经施压了 |
[35:48] | They’re the genius, and I’m 12. | 他们都是天才 而我只有十二岁 |
[35:51] | But this time they’re wrong. | 但这一次 他们错了 |
[35:53] | Is there a trade I can kill? | 有什么我可以砍掉的交易吗 |
[35:55] | Too late. It’s locked. | 太晚了 已经锁定了 |
[35:58] | People who really know about investing… | 真正懂投资的人 |
[36:00] | and I’m not talking about | 我不是说 |
[36:01] | cocktail party expert bullshitters like me, | 像我这种鸡尾酒会上的常客 |
[36:03] | I mean real operators… | 我是指真的投资人 |
[36:04] | say, the bigger the position, | 位置越高 |
[36:06] | the more stress there is on the research. | 调查时的压力就越大 |
[36:08] | And if that research shows a crack, | 如果调查出来什么不好的事 |
[36:10] | you better fucking act on it ASAP. | 最好尽快行动 |
[36:12] | If you freeze in the moment, you’re a corpse. | 如果你当时没有反应过来 就会死得很难看 |
[36:14] | I can do it for you, but the truth is, | 我可以为你这么做 但现实是 |
[36:18] | you can’t let your boss eat a giant shitburger. | 你不能让你老板栽跟头 |
[36:20] | In the end, they will blame you. | 最后 他们会指责你 |
[36:24] | You’ve got to have the courage to tell Taylor yourself. | 你必须要有自己告诉泰勒的勇气 |
[36:40] | Is this like a way for you to sort of hedge your bet? | 这是不是你对冲赌注的一种方法 |
[36:43] | This place? | 这个地方 |
[36:46] | Because I was in a relationship a while back. | 因为之前我谈恋爱 |
[36:48] | We moved in together, | 我们同居了 |
[36:49] | but we each kept a locked-drawer file cabinet | 但我们各有一个锁起来的文件柜 |
[36:51] | in the name of privacy and independence. | 美其名曰为了隐私和独立 |
[36:54] | Some real Edgar Allan Poe shit started happening | 后来我们开始猜忌 |
[36:57] | about what was in each other’s drawer. | 对方的柜子里有什么 |
[36:59] | I’m not going to say that’s why it didn’t work out… | 我不是说这是最后分手的原因 |
[37:02] | but it didn’t work out. | 但就是分手了 |
[37:03] | I guess I’m saying, | 我是想说 |
[37:05] | hedging’s for work, not this. | 工作中可以规避风险 但在交往中不行 |
[37:09] | And if I do it again, it’ll be open drawers only. | 如果可以重来 我会把柜子打开 |
[37:12] | Not locked. | 不会上锁 |
[37:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:27] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[37:28] | The whole world just blew up. | 刚才变天了 |
[37:33] | I need you to look past my glowing complexion | 请你别看我发亮的皮肤 |
[37:35] | and focus on what you need to hear. | 专心听该听的东西 |
[37:37] | You’re not acting on logic. | 你做的事没有逻辑依据 |
[37:39] | What am I acting on? | 那我在做什么 |
[37:41] | Jealousy. | 被嫉妒冲昏头脑 |
[37:43] | The Hypersonic investment is totally fucked, | 超音投资全完蛋了 |
[37:44] | and so are we. | 我们也是 |
[37:45] | Fucked how? | 怎么就完蛋了 |
[37:47] | A small aerospace company of a different name… | 一家叫其他名字的小型航空航天公司 |
[37:50] | a front for Hypersonic… | 是超音的幌子 |
[37:51] | secretly tested the technology. | 秘密测试了那项技术 |
[37:54] | This highly pressurized super stratosphere shit. | 发现它会让超平流层大幅度增压 |
[37:56] | – And? – Dalton’s Law, | – 所以呢 – 道尔顿分压定律 |
[37:57] | Graham’s Law, Henry’s Law. | 格雷姆定律 亨利定律 |
[37:59] | There are major problems | 技术和航空生理 |
[38:00] | with their tech and aviation physiology. | 都存在很严重的问题 |
[38:02] | Static pressure at the altitude they fly, | 飞行高度上的静态压力 |
[38:04] | resulting in pulmonary hypertension, | 会导致肺动脉高血压 |
[38:06] | clotting, embolisms. | 血凝块 血栓 |
[38:09] | They’re trying to fix it, but it’ll take years. | 他们在尝试解决 但也需要很多年 |
[38:11] | And when people find out… | 当人们意识到这些后… |
[38:13] | Here. | 你看这里 |
[38:21] | Then “bad” is the right word. | 只能用”糟糕”来形容 |
[38:23] | How deep is this link buried? | 这个链接很隐蔽吗 |
[38:25] | It took you long enough to find it. | 你怎么现在才找到它 |
[38:27] | Don’t even think about pinning this “garbahge” on me. | 别想把锅甩给我 |
[38:29] | I felt the spidey senses tingling. | 我感觉到了不对劲 |
[38:30] | I tried to come to you. | 我想找你说 |
[38:32] | You were having some space cowboy moment. | 你当时疯了一样要投航空领域 |
[38:37] | You’re right. Crap. | 你是对的 妈的 |
[38:39] | I got sucked in by that Chuck Yeager-wannabe flyboy. | 我被那个崇拜查克叶格的飞机驾驶员迷住了 |
[38:42] | If I found it, everyone else will. | 现在我发现了 以后其他人也会发现的 |
[38:45] | Soon. | 很快 |
[38:46] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么做 |
[38:47] | The second we make a move, we’ll alert the market. | 我们一旦开始行动 就会提醒市场 |
[38:50] | It’ll take a split second to connect the dots | 人们很快就会 |
[38:52] | from us to MPC to the Olympics back to Hypersonic. | 把我们和预测模型 和奥运会 和超音联系起来 |
[38:54] | This fucking stock will go down to a price | 股价会狂跌到 |
[38:56] | that represents the company’s office furniture and phones. | 连公司办公设备和电话都保不住 |
[38:58] | There’s no way to trade out without taking a massive loss. | 没有卖出而不严重亏损的方法 |
[39:00] | Yeah, no. | 是的 |
[39:01] | But sitting on it could be even worse. | 但拖着更糟 |
[39:03] | We’re gutting ourselves either way. | 总之我们会元气大伤 |
[39:13] | Yeah Yeah, I’m out that Brooklyn | ♪我出身布鲁克林♪ |
[39:15] | Now I’m down in Tribeca. Right next to De Niro | ♪来到翠贝卡区 跟德尼罗做邻居♪ |
[39:18] | But I’ll be ‘hood forever | ♪但我永远属于街头♪ |
[39:21] | And since I made it here, I can make it anywhere | ♪我在这里成名 我到哪里都行♪ |
[39:23] | Yeah, they love me. Everywhere | ♪没有人不爱我 无论何处♪ |
[39:25] | – Sorry to barge. – Couldn’t reach you. | – 抱歉闯进来 – 联系不到你 |
[39:27] | Didn’t want to be reached. The phone was off for a reason. | 不想被打扰 关机是有原因的 |
[39:30] | Took it to my stash spot, 560 State Street | ♪走向我的藏身处 州府街560号♪ |
[39:33] | Catch me in the kitchen like a Simmons whippin’ pastry | ♪那时在厨房制毒 像西蒙斯做糕点一样♪ |
[39:37] | And so it’s clear that there was a conspiracy | 纽约申办奥运会 |
[39:40] | to bring the Games to New York | 明显有阴谋 |
[39:42] | by whatever underhanded method was deemed most expedient. | 为了最大利益 不管用什么卑劣手段 |
[39:46] | Had we known, | 如果知道涉嫌违法 |
[39:48] | and I speak for all of us on this stage, | 我们在场所有人 |
[39:50] | we never would have been party to such malfeasance. | 原本都不会参与进来 |
[39:52] | Yes. | 没错 |
[39:54] | We know Michael Prince led the effort | 我们知道是迈克尔·普林斯领头 |
[39:57] | and engaged in these actions by himself. | 他自己也参与了这些活动 |
[39:59] | These men and women were unknowingly brought in | 这群人并不知情 |
[40:03] | to an attempt to commit bribery at a very high level. | 就被卷入高层级的贿赂行动 |
[40:09] | You got to be kidding me, Mike. | 你在开玩笑吧 迈克 |
[40:10] | It’s B.S., Andy. | 安迪 这纯属胡扯 |
[40:12] | Every friend who betrayed you, | 每个背叛你的朋友 |
[40:14] | I’ll hunt each and every one of them down and skin them alive. | 我都会找到他们 把他们活剥了 |
[40:16] | I’ll do it because I want to, and I’ll do it for you. | 因为我想这么做 为你我愿意 |
[40:18] | Yeah, I appreciate it, but no. I’m going to need them later. | 我很感激 但不必 我还用得上他们 |
[40:23] | Look, this is bad, | 我知道情况不妙 |
[40:25] | but it’s not over till the ICS says it is. | 但在国际体委宣布前都不算结束 |
[40:27] | I need to talk to Katerina. | 我要跟卡特琳娜谈谈 |
[40:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:51] | Not even Dollar Bill could help me pawn it off anonymously. | 多拉尔·比尔都不能帮我把它悄悄卖掉 |
[40:54] | No one wanted the block? Spartan-Ives? | 没人要这支股吗 斯巴坦·艾夫斯呢 |
[40:56] | The Sovereign Wealth Funds? | 主权财富基金 |
[40:57] | – Some dumb Third World despot? – They smelled it. | – 某个愚蠢的第三世界君主 – 他们发现了 |
[41:01] | We’re going to have to wait until the market opens, | 我们只有等到开市 |
[41:03] | try to bleed it off share by share. | 尝试单股抛出 |
[41:04] | No. We can’t do anything. | 不 我们什么也做不了 |
[41:06] | Our hands are tied as long as Hypersonic’s | 只要超音跟奥运会绑在一起 |
[41:07] | bound to the Olympics. | 我们就动不了 |
[41:11] | You going to tell Prince? | 你要告诉普林斯吗 |
[41:13] | What? | 告诉他什么 |
[41:15] | That I fell prey to first instinct fallacy | 说我被第一直觉误导 |
[41:17] | like some rube stumbled on the monte table | 像个乡巴佬到了娱乐城 |
[41:18] | along the midway? | 在蒙特牌局失足吗 |
[41:24] | You outplayed me this time. | 这次是你赢了 |
[41:27] | I pray to the Good Lord in heaven | 我祈求上帝 |
[41:29] | this is the last time we have to hondle. | 以后不会再跟你做交易 |
[41:31] | You’re welcome, Todd. | 不用谢 陶德 |
[41:32] | As long as we’re square. | 希望我们互不相欠 |
[41:34] | That we are. | 确实如此 |
[41:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:40] | Well, they did their part. | 他们完成任务了 |
[41:42] | Yep, I guess I have a bill to pull. | 是的 现在该我撤回法案了 |
[41:43] | Or we let it go to a vote, see if it passes. | 或者让法案进入投票 看能否通过 |
[41:50] | The Big Ugly’s on our side. | 《大凶》站在我们这边 |
[41:52] | If it goes through, | 如果通过 |
[41:54] | it would be New York’s most aggressive wealth reform | 那会是罗斯福援助拉瓜迪亚以来 |
[41:56] | since FDR was bankrolling La Guardia. | 纽约最厉害的福利改革 |
[41:59] | Could become a test case for the nation. | 它会成为国家的判例案件 |
[42:02] | The world. | 乃至全世界 |
[42:05] | Oh, that’s fucking tempting. | 太他妈诱人了 |
[42:07] | So I say we clock out for the night. | 所以今晚我们别管了 |
[42:09] | Leave it to fate. | 交给命运 |
[42:13] | No. | 不 |
[42:15] | No, if I do that, | 不行 如果我这么做 |
[42:18] | break my word to this camarilla, | 对这个秘密团体食言 |
[42:19] | I lose all future leverage. | 我以后将毫无影响力 |
[42:21] | And your future in the public sector goes extinct. | 你在公共部门也就到头了 |
[42:25] | Without an actual interstate compact, | 没有确实的州际契约 |
[42:27] | which was really just a fancy-tasting dinner, | 他们不过享受了一顿美餐 |
[42:29] | the whole thing’s toothless anyway, and… | 整件事都行不通 还有 |
[42:32] | and I have to be honorable to my word. | 我必须信守诺言 |
[42:36] | Even in this. So we pull it. | 即使条件诱人 所以撤回吧 |
[42:42] | And then we take the office out for a celebratory pop. | 然后我们带大家出去庆祝 |
[42:47] | Pull the damn thing. | 撤下法案 |
[42:49] | Yanking like Pee Wee Herman himself. | 像皮·维·赫尔曼一样猛撤了 |
[42:58] | We can work through this and still do great things together. | 我们能解决的 还能做有意义的事 |
[43:01] | You’re looking at the only man | 现在你眼前的 |
[43:02] | who can bring the Olympics to New York. | 是唯一能把奥运会带到纽约的人 |
[43:07] | – Baseless charges. – Utter bullshit. | – 指控毫无根据 – 都是胡说八道 |
[43:09] | Katerina, standing against these tactics | 卡特琳娜 为了保护奥运会的纯洁性 |
[43:13] | is the only way we can protect the Games from real corruption. | 我们唯一能做的 就是抵制这些手段 |
[43:16] | You should refer to me as Miss Brett. | 你应该称我为布莱特女士 |
[43:19] | I gave this a chance to go away, | 我给过机会 让这件事消停 |
[43:21] | but I am afraid the New York Games are tainted now. | 但恐怕纽约奥运会已经腐败了 |
[43:24] | My statement is about to go up on the ICS site. | 我的声明会上传到国际体委网站 |
[43:28] | After an unfortunate series of developments, | 经过一系列的不幸事件 |
[43:31] | the ICS has come to the conclusion | 国际体委得出结论 |
[43:34] | that the 2028 Games | 2028年奥运会 |
[43:35] | can no longer be held in New York City. | 不会在纽约市举办 |
[43:38] | Fortunately, after talking to the organizers in Los Angeles, | 幸运的是 经与洛杉矶承办方交谈 |
[43:42] | they will be ready to host the Games, | 他们能举办奥运会 |
[43:45] | with brand-new sponsors and renovated stadiums. | 新的赞助商 翻新体育场 |
[43:48] | Man, that sucks for our Mikey Prince. | 天哪 这对咱迈克·普林斯太糟了 |
[43:51] | Yes, it does. | 是啊 |
[43:56] | But it doesn’t suck for us. Me. | 但对我们 对于我 是有利的 |
[43:59] | This news is our boarding pass out of our fucked situation. | 要摆脱我们的糟糕处境 这就是通行证 |
[44:01] | We can make a statement saying that we’re exiting our position | 我们可以发声明 说我们要退出 |
[44:04] | because Hypersonic will no longer be | 因为超音将不再是 |
[44:05] | the official airline of the New York Games, | 纽约奥运会的官方航空公司 |
[44:07] | since L.A. will make their own airline deal. | 洛杉矶会自己找航空公司合作 |
[44:08] | We’re going to take a hit. | 我们会受到冲击 |
[44:10] | Damn right we are. But 10, 15%, not 80. | 说得很对 但只有百分之十到十五 而不是八十 |
[44:13] | This will be the story long enough for us to evacuate | 我们就这么说 应该能拖到我们抽身 |
[44:15] | before the real news gets out. | 直到爆出真正的新闻 |
[44:16] | That their planes will fucking hospitalize you? | 就是他们的飞机会把你整进医院 |
[44:18] | Exactly. | 就是这样 |
[44:22] | I figured there might be one person at this company | 我猜这家公司可能有一个人 |
[44:24] | who wasn’t upset the Games just went bye-bye. | 不会为奥运会飞走而心烦 |
[44:27] | I also figured | 我还推测 |
[44:29] | you’d need help unloading the shares at the open. | 开盘时你需要帮忙抛售股份 |
[44:33] | Yes, another set of hands would be good. | 是的 有个帮手很好 |
[44:35] | Good. These hands are gonna start | 那就好 这个帮手的工作 |
[44:37] | by getting some coffee going. | 从搞定咖啡开始 |
[44:54] | It’s not the particular memories in this place. | 重要的不是这里的独特回忆 |
[44:58] | It’s the idea that this is where my memories happened. | 而是因为 这里是回忆发生的地方 |
[45:01] | But now, new memories. | 但从现在起 是新的回忆 |
[45:04] | And no secret rooms. | 这里再也没有秘密房间 |
[45:06] | Or secret compartments out here. | 也没有秘密隔层 |
[45:11] | Or up there. | 那里也没有 |
[45:12] | That’s the idea. | 没错 |
[45:14] | Never did it before. Never even tried. | 从没这么干过 甚至没试过 |
[45:17] | Well, we’ll try together. | 我们会一起努力 |
[45:19] | Yeah, we will. | 好的 |
[45:21] | All in. It’s time. | 是时候完全投入了 |
[45:33] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 晚上好 – 晚上好 |
[45:35] | I’d ask how it went, but I saw the announcement. | 本来想打听情况 不过我看见声明了 |
[45:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:40] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[45:42] | My hotel. I need to pack. It’s an early flight. | 宾馆 我得收拾东西 航班很早 |
[45:44] | I can change that, you know. It is my plane. | 我可以改时间 那是我的飞机 |
[45:47] | I know, but I need to get home and organized. | 我知道 但我要回家整理 |
[45:49] | I missed too much time already, | 我已经耽搁太久 |
[45:51] | and I need to start booting things back up in L.A. | 而且我要在洛杉矶重新开始 |
[45:54] | – Ouch. – Sorry. | – 真难受 – 抱歉 |
[45:56] | But… | 可是 |
[46:02] | I guess we’re back where we started. | 看来我们又回到原点了 |
[46:05] | In some ways. | 是 |
[46:07] | In others, not. | 也不是 |
[46:08] | Our thing’s been dormant, switched off for years… | 我们之间像被封印了 一直止步不前 |
[46:13] | because of distance. | 因为距离 |
[46:16] | Not just distance, you know? | 其实不只是距离 |
[46:20] | It’s switched back on now, unless… | 现在封印解开了 除非 |
[46:22] | I hate to say it, | 我不想说 |
[46:24] | but if this grand gesture of yours was really about us… | 但如果你此番动作 真是为了我们 |
[46:27] | It was, as I said. | 是为了我们 我说过 |
[46:29] | I was trying to bend the world to my specifications to do it. | 我想让世界按我的想法来 |
[46:31] | Well, that’s the way it goes when you try and do that. | 你这么想的话 事情就会变成现在这样 |
[46:34] | It doesn’t work. | 没有用的 |
[46:35] | You used to say that in the beginning with us. | 我们刚在一起时 你常这么说 |
[46:37] | Before. | 在那之前 |
[46:39] | It’s gone my way plenty since. | 后来很多事都如我所愿 |
[46:41] | Yeah, I can see that. | 对 看得出来 |
[46:45] | But the world’s a beast sometimes. | 但现实有时很残忍 |
[46:50] | You said you’d be willing to travel | 之前不确定奥运会能在纽约 |
[46:52] | before you knew it was going to be here, so… | 你说愿意经常往来 那么 |
[46:54] | Of course. I’ll be in Colorado, then L.A. every weekend. | 没问题 我会住在科罗拉多 每周末到洛杉矶 |
[46:58] | Or every other. | 或者两周一次 |
[47:01] | Good. | 好 |
[47:09] | I’ll see you next weekend. | 下个周末见 |
[47:11] | For sure. | 一定 |
[47:12] | Well, not next weekend, ’cause the fallout from this | 呃 下周末不行 因为这件事的余波 |
[47:14] | is going to be… | 可能会 |
[47:19] | I know. | 我明白 |
[47:22] | I’ll see you when I see you. | 到时候见 |