时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | The city’s down. It’s a perfect opportunity to rebuild. | 这座城衰落了 这是重建的绝佳机会 |
[00:09] | All of this is some big romantic gesture? | 所有这些都是浪漫的框架 |
[00:11] | I think we should both proceed with caution. | 我们都得慎重行事 |
[00:14] | I came here to hire you. | 我是来雇佣你的 |
[00:16] | There’s a war going on, | 战争正在打响 |
[00:17] | between the very wealth you are trying to accrue | 一场你和我们其他人之间的财富战争 |
[00:19] | and the rest of us. The stakes are absolute. | 风险是绝对存在的 |
[00:23] | New Yorkers will be riding in style in time | 纽约会坐在时代潮流前线 |
[00:24] | for the 2028 games. | 通往2028奥运会 |
[00:26] | And you’ll be the hero to take them there. | 那你就是把它带到那儿的大英雄了 |
[00:29] | No. The governor of New York will be. | 纽约州长才是英雄 |
[00:31] | Isn’t this getting too expensive to be worth it? | 这钱花得是不是有点不值当 |
[00:34] | Not until the torch is lit in Manhattan. | 只要奥运火炬能曼哈顿亮起 |
[00:35] | After we eat, it’s off to Palazzo | 吃完饭后 就去帕拉佐 |
[00:37] | with our soft targets. | 带着动摇的那些目标 |
[00:39] | The place is loaded with talent. | 这里群英荟萃 |
[00:40] | Thank you for taking the time to see… | 谢谢你花时间考察… |
[00:44] | There’s no money without the cars. | 不买车的话 就没有钱 |
[00:46] | No but you did promise it to the MTA. | 不过你的确承诺过纽约运输署 |
[00:48] | We’ll make an undirected donation | 我们明天一早 |
[00:49] | of two billion dollars to the MTA tomorrow morning. | 给纽约运输署提供二十亿不定项捐款 |
[00:52] | Without a source close to Prince, | 如果没有普林斯身边知情人士的帮助 |
[00:53] | you’ll just be guessing blind at his attacks. | 想要对付他就只能靠瞎猜了 |
[00:56] | You can get me the names of the contenders | 你可以把普林斯那份名单上的 |
[00:58] | for Prince’s list. | 竞争者们的名字给我 |
[01:00] | MPC, meet the final piece of the Prince List. | 各位 介绍一下 普林斯名单的最后一位成员 |
[01:03] | Indiana A&M. | 印第安纳农工大学 |
[01:42] | Are you leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[01:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:49] | You down for another round? | 你想再来一次吗 |
[02:04] | Oh, you so want to. | 哦 你真的很想 |
[02:06] | But you haven’t allowed yourself a free morning | 但你从初中开始就不准自己清晨放纵 |
[02:08] | since junior high, and now you’re stuck. | 现在 你被自己困住了 |
[02:14] | Stay. For breakfast. | 留下来 一起吃早餐 |
[02:18] | Okay. It won’t just be the two of us… | 好吧 不会只有我们两个 |
[02:21] | I… I could use your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:23] | And your charm. | 还有你的魅力 |
[02:27] | Colin Drache is coming over for a meeting. | 柯林·德拉赫要来开会 |
[02:29] | He’s gonna get us primed for the final vote | 他会为我们的最后投票做好准备 |
[02:31] | at the end of the week. | 就在这周末 |
[02:32] | He’s gonna want his palms greased, that guy. | 他想要好处 这个男的 |
[02:35] | I have a workaround. | 我有个变通办法 |
[02:36] | You think he keeps himself in Brunello Cucinelli | 你觉得他会穿着布鲁内罗·库奇内利 |
[02:39] | taking “workarounds” instead of fat envelopes? | 接受变通而不是拿钱走人 |
[02:41] | That’s why you need to be there. | 这就是为什么你要在那里 |
[02:43] | I can’t let him get me like Napoleon’s hat, | 我不能让他像抓拿破仑的帽子一样抓住我 |
[02:44] | two corners. | 两个角都抓住 |
[02:46] | With you there, he can’t ask for a payoff. | 只要你在 他不好意思要报酬 |
[02:55] | I love New York. Who doesn’t? | 我爱纽约 谁能不爱呢 |
[02:58] | It’s a fine city. | 这是座好城市 |
[03:00] | It’s a fine slogan. | 这也是句绝妙口号 |
[03:02] | But even the most fervent amoureux de New York | 就算对纽约有狂热喜爱的人 |
[03:06] | would have to concede your public transportation | 也不得不诟病 |
[03:09] | is an insult | 这里的公共交通 |
[03:11] | to both the public and transportation. | 对公共 也对交通 |
[03:14] | No. If you go by what exists now, sure. | 如果照现在来看 你说得对 |
[03:16] | But by the time the games are here… | 但到了奥运的时候 |
[03:17] | Let me guess. Your trains will be as speedy as Monfils himself | 我猜猜 你的地铁会和蒙菲尔斯一样快 |
[03:21] | and won’t smell like liquefied humanity. | 闻起来也不像液化的人类 |
[03:23] | I’m meeting with the MTA later | 我一会儿去大都会交通管理局 |
[03:25] | to sell them on a brighter future. | 向他们推销这个光明未来 |
[03:26] | I’ve got a lead engineer | 我有最顶尖的引擎 |
[03:28] | and private funding all lined up. | 私人基金全部到位 |
[03:29] | It’s as good as done. | 一切准备就绪 |
[03:30] | There’s a deadline. | 有期限的 |
[03:32] | You’ll get an agreement within the next three days? | 三天之内你要拿到合约 |
[03:35] | Yep. Just in time for every Commission member | 要赶在每个委员 |
[03:37] | to write those grand three letters, | 写下这三封信之前 |
[03:39] | “NYC,” on their ballots. | 支持纽约 |
[03:41] | I’ve seen the subway plans myself. | 我也看过地铁计划了 |
[03:43] | Excellent. There remains one matter to discuss. | 非常棒 但还有一件事需要讨论 |
[03:46] | A delicate one… | 非常棘手的 |
[03:47] | which we could address if we were… | 我们要怎么解决 |
[03:49] | a bit more like un chapeau de Napoleon. | 如果我们像拿破仑的帽子那样 |
[03:52] | Perhaps I could return or… | 也许我能回去 |
[03:54] | Oh. Oh, no, there’s no need for a return visit. | 哦不 没必要回去 |
[04:04] | This outlines an initiative I’m funding with Indiana A&M | 这是我和印第安纳农工做的资助倡议 |
[04:08] | seeking a greater level of international diversity. | 以寻求更高一级的国际多样性 |
[04:10] | It allows certain members of the ICS | 会允许一部分社会公约的成员 |
[04:12] | to select which kids in their community… | 选择他们社区里的孩子 |
[04:15] | deserving kids… get the scholarships. | 最值得的好孩子 给他们颁发奖学金 |
[04:17] | Now, the school will have final approval, | 现在 学校就要最终同意了 |
[04:19] | but it’ll make some of your commissioners heroes. | 这能让你们的一些委员成为英雄 |
[04:22] | And do a lot of good around the world. | 然后为全球做很多贡献 |
[04:28] | I’ve got a C.I. stuck into the Prince List. | 我在普林斯名单里安排了一名卧底 |
[04:30] | Stuart Legere, President of Indiana A&M. | 斯图尔特·莱热尔 印第安纳农工的主席 |
[04:33] | I got a call from him on my way in. | 我来的路上接到他的电话 |
[04:35] | Prince is offering scholarships | 普林斯在像佩斯分配器一样 |
[04:38] | like a Pez dispenser. | 发奖学金 |
[04:40] | Scholarships are a bad thing now? | 奖学金都不是好事了吗 |
[04:43] | We’ve gotta talk scholarships. | 我们得谈谈奖学金的事儿 |
[04:44] | All above board. | 万无一失 |
[04:47] | – You want to think so. – What are you worried about? | – 你就这么想吧 – 你在担心什么 |
[04:49] | He’s giving them to members of the Olympic Commission | 他把奖学金送给奥林匹克委员会的成员 |
[04:51] | – to use as leverage… – That’s mom’s apple pie | – 用作利益杠杆 – 老生常谈 |
[04:53] | compared to what usually happens in the grapple for the games. | 比起以前奥运会竞标过程中的争斗 |
[04:56] | Chuck’s gonna go after them. | 查克会打击它的 |
[04:58] | – Oh, come on… – I’m telling you. | – 哦 别这样 – 我是在告诉你 |
[05:00] | Let me coordinate with Indiana A&M, | 让我和印第安纳农工协调一下 |
[05:01] | help them language their announcement so it’s clear | 帮他们组织语言宣布这个消息 |
[05:03] | they were seeking these students. | 能明确是他们在挑选学生 |
[05:05] | And with the recipients, make sure they declare | 对于收到这笔钱的人 |
[05:07] | the scholarships on their taxes. | 要保证他们对这笔奖学金报税 |
[05:08] | There’s merely been an introduction, | 这里没有什么介绍信 |
[05:10] | a connection made. | 只是取得联系 |
[05:12] | That’s a level of care beyond legal due diligence. | 这是超过法定义务的照护 |
[05:14] | Which is what we need, | 也正是我们需要的 |
[05:16] | because Chuck is going to go after them. | 因为查克会盯紧他们的 |
[05:18] | My guess is, | 我的猜测是 |
[05:19] | somewhere inside this is a direct bribe of sorts, | 这里面一定藏着某种贿赂 |
[05:22] | a quid pro quo. | 某些交换条件 |
[05:23] | I sometimes think I’m a good guesser, too. | 我有时觉得我很擅长猜测 |
[05:25] | Like when Howard Stern used to have the Rosie head | 就像霍华德·斯特恩让罗西头里装满果冻豆 |
[05:27] | filled with jelly beans. But no matter how sure I was, | 但不管我多么确信 |
[05:29] | – I never got it right. – That they became friends | – 我从来猜不对 – 他们能成朋友 |
[05:32] | is one of the great shocks of my lifetime. | 已经是我这辈子最惊讶的事情了 |
[05:34] | It’s wonderful. | 太牛了 |
[05:35] | But these scholarships are not. | 但奖学金不是 |
[05:36] | My nose never lies. | 我从不会猜错 |
[05:38] | It’s like that toucan in the Froot Loops ads. | 就像家乐氏广告里的巨嘴鸟 |
[05:41] | And I smell something. | 而且我看到苗头了 |
[05:42] | You hired me to anticipate Chuck’s moves. | 你把我雇来预测查克的行动 |
[05:45] | If he finds out about this, | 如果他发现了 |
[05:46] | he’s gonna try to make it look real look bad. | 他会让事情看起来一团糟 |
[05:48] | The Olympic announcement is in three days. | 奥运决议就在三天后 |
[05:51] | He will see this deadline as putting pressure on you | 他会把这个期限视作对你施加压力 |
[05:52] | to shore up the bid. | 来支持投标 |
[05:54] | And Chuck Rhoades thinks that any wealthy plunger | 而且查克·罗兹认为任何百万富翁 |
[05:56] | in a tight spot pays his way out. | 在困难的时候都会出钱来摆脱烂摊子 |
[05:58] | That guy. | 这男的 |
[05:59] | A Cypress Hill song comes to mind. | 我想起一首柏树山的歌 |
[06:01] | I can’t picture you listening to that. | 我想象不到你听了这些 |
[06:03] | Lot of years in basketball locker rooms. | 这么多年在篮球队更衣室里 |
[06:05] | Raps along, but never says the curse words. | 玩说唱却从不说脏话 |
[06:08] | So we need to only talk about every part of that, | 所以我们要把方方面面都讨论一下 |
[06:09] | or never speak of it again. | 或者绝口不提 |
[06:11] | I choose “B.” So… | 我选后者 所以 |
[06:12] | The harbor is mined here. | 海港被开采了 |
[06:14] | We do it right, we sail through to dry land. | 如果我们是对的 我们驶向干燥的陆地 |
[06:16] | We do it wrong, bang. | 如果错了 你懂的 |
[06:19] | Good. Thank you, Kate. | 谢谢你 凯特 |
[06:27] | You pay her to lock it down. | 你给她付钱来阻止我们 |
[06:29] | You pay me to make it work. | 你给我付钱来搞定事情 |
[06:30] | These scholarships will be 99.4% pure when she’s done. | 但她完成后 奖学金99.4%都是纯洁的 |
[06:34] | But even that Ivory Snow | 但哪怕是象牙雪 |
[06:35] | might not be enough to bring this home. | 也很难做得这么干净 |
[06:37] | Salt Lake City lost the ’98 Winter Games | 盐湖城错失98年冬奥的机会 |
[06:39] | because they were giving out saltwater taffy | 因为他们分发海盐太妃糖 |
[06:41] | while Nagano was comping resort vacations. | 然而长野县却在筹划度假村 |
[06:44] | We’re playing with a boa constrictor here. | 我们是在和蟒蛇玩 |
[06:46] | We don’t get away without being squeezed. | 不压榨自己就没办法逃离 |
[06:48] | The games are part of my long-term plans | 奥运会是我长期计划之一 |
[06:50] | for myself and this city. | 为我自己 也是为这座城市 |
[06:51] | But I have an angle. | 我有自己的看法 |
[06:53] | The Olympics are under pressure | 奥运会现在急需 |
[06:55] | to move past the sordid reputation. | 远离这种烂名声 |
[06:57] | I’m the guy offering to usher them into a new age, | 我是那个提议把他们带入新时代的人 |
[07:00] | a fully respectable one. | 一个让人肃然起敬的时代 |
[07:03] | My gut is that they’re not looking for | 我的直觉告诉我 |
[07:05] | free sushi dinners and massages this go-round. | 这一轮他们要的不是免费的寿司和按摩 |
[07:08] | Maybe they just want to camouflage it better. | 或许他们只想更好掩饰起来 |
[07:10] | Nah, I saw Colin’s face when I handed him that folder. | 不是 我把文件夹交给柯林的时候看得出 |
[07:13] | It was exactly what he was looking for. | 这就是他想要的 |
[07:14] | No one puts on a read better than you, Mike. | 没人比你更会读他的表情了 迈克 |
[07:17] | But do you want to be the first person | 但你想成为第一个 |
[07:19] | who really tried to get the games to New York City | 真正设法竞选奥运城市 |
[07:21] | with no grease? | 却不为私利的人吗 |
[07:22] | Or the person who got the games to New York City? | 或者只是一个想要奥运城市的人 |
[07:32] | – Hi. – That event tonight at Kevin’s school… | – 嗨 – 今晚凯文学校里的活动 |
[07:34] | – I forgot all about it. – Tonight? | – 我完全忘了 – 是今晚吗 |
[07:36] | I missed it entirely. My mistake. | 我完全错过了 怪我 |
[07:39] | What, are they accepting donations of valuables | 难道他们接受了价值高昂的捐赠 |
[07:42] | now that they’ve cleaned out our bank account? | 现在我们银行账户被清空了吗 |
[07:44] | Just as painful. Carnival fundraiser. | 差不多吧 狂欢节筹款 |
[07:46] | They have us down as volunteers to work the booths. | 他们要我们去志愿者摊位工作 |
[07:49] | That implies we were willing. | 意思是我们心甘情愿 |
[07:50] | Neither of us has attended | 可我们谁都没去 |
[07:52] | a Parent Association meeting this year. | 今年的家长会 |
[07:53] | I’m guessing they wouldn’t accept | 我猜他们不会接受 |
[07:54] | a paralegal in our stead? | 助理律师来代替我们 |
[07:56] | Not if we want to remain in good standing. | 如果我们还要名声 就不行 |
[07:59] | Kevin’s gonna be applying to colleges soon. | 凯文马上就要申请大学了 |
[08:01] | And if you can’t get him into Yale, | 如果你不能把他送进耶鲁 |
[08:02] | we’re gonna need them to jam him into… | 我们就需要他们帮他挤进 |
[08:04] | Don’t say Cornell. | 别提康奈尔 |
[08:05] | I was hoping you could take one for the team. | 希望你能在他们之中拿下一位 |
[08:08] | I would. I will. | 我会的 肯定会 |
[08:09] | Next time. Work is… | 等下次 工作实在是 |
[08:11] | I’m asking for a favor, Chuck. | 我在请你帮忙 查克 |
[08:13] | Which I would love to do for you. | 我乐意为你做的 |
[08:15] | Hell, at next year’s carnival, | 老天 明年狂欢节 |
[08:16] | I’ll do the dunk tank, | 我来做灌篮罐 |
[08:17] | and I’ll let you take the first shot. | 而且我会让你打头阵 |
[08:19] | I just don’t think I can make it happen right now. | 但现在 我爱莫能助 |
[08:21] | Hmm. | 呵 |
[08:25] | Ten times the efficiency. | 效率提高十倍 |
[08:26] | Zero accidents. Zero delays. | 零事故 零延迟 |
[08:28] | Easier said than built. | 说起来容易做起来难 |
[08:30] | Only slightly so for Ms. Reddy. | 对雷迪小姐来说只是小意思 |
[08:32] | She’s put the full force of her engineering genius | 她把自己的工程天赋 |
[08:34] | and her network building experience | 和线路构建经验 |
[08:36] | into complete signal overhaul. | 都倾注到了交通信号的全面改造中 |
[08:38] | I’ve already designed the routing systems | 我已经把线路系统设计出来了 |
[08:39] | and run simulated tests. | 也做了模拟实验 |
[08:41] | This will save lives | 从长期看 这可以挽救更多生命 |
[08:43] | and lots of money in the long term. | 还能省下一大笔钱 |
[08:59] | Mayor Johnson. | 约翰逊市长 |
[09:01] | I didn’t know you’d be joining us today. | 我都不知道您今天会来这儿 |
[09:02] | Would’ve waited if I had. | 不然肯定会等您来了再开始的 |
[09:09] | Since you couldn’t buy us a new subway, | 既然你们没法给我们买新地铁 |
[09:11] | I wanna hear how Mike Prince plans to save | 那我想听听迈克·普林斯打算如何 |
[09:13] | the subway we’ve got. | 拯救我们现有的地铁 |
[09:26] | Two words: | 四个字 |
[09:28] | Olympic Express. | 奥运快线 |
[09:30] | An express train service to and from Olympic venues. | 往返奥运场馆的特快列车服务 |
[09:33] | It’ll incentivize more tourists to use mass transit, | 这将会激励更多游客搭乘公共交通工具 |
[09:36] | and, with the higher fares, it will be a major | 而且高票价会是 |
[09:38] | revenue generator for the MTA. | 交通运输局主要的收入来源 |
[09:40] | I love to walk down Fifth Avenue and window shop. | 我喜欢沿着第五大道漫步 一路欣赏橱窗 |
[09:44] | It’s fun to imagine wearing all those pretty things. | 想象自己穿戴那些美丽的展品 很有趣 |
[09:47] | But as soon as you step inside the store | 可一旦踏进店内 |
[09:49] | and flip over that price tag, | 将标价牌翻过来 |
[09:51] | the illusion is broken. | 幻想就破灭了 |
[09:53] | I’m stepping inside the store this budget cycle, | 在这个预算周期里 |
[09:56] | coordinating closely with all city agencies. | 我要密切协调所有的市政机构 |
[09:59] | I’m sorry, Mike, we just can’t afford luxury items. | 对不起 迈克 我们承受不来这么奢侈的东西 |
[10:02] | Well, that’s the best part. | 呃 这才是最妙的地方 |
[10:03] | Won’t cost the city a thing. Nada. | 这个项目不会花市里一分钱 真的 |
[10:05] | I have commitments from prominent financiers, | 我手头有知名投资家们的承诺 |
[10:08] | including Sruthi, to provide all the funding. | 包括司璐茜在内 都会为项目提供一切资金 |
[10:10] | – Every cent. – Yeah, sure. | – 每一分钱都归我们出 – 噢 当然了 |
[10:13] | We might as well build a private train | 咱们不如趁此机会 |
[10:15] | just for Mr. Michael Prince while we’re at it. | 为迈克尔·普林斯先生打造一辆私人列车 |
[10:18] | There’s nothing but upside for the MTA on this. | 这对交通运输局只有好处 |
[10:20] | Nothing in this city comes free. | 这座城市里可从没有免费的午餐 |
[10:23] | Sorry, Mike, we don’t need you. | 抱歉 迈克 我们并不需要你 |
[10:26] | We don’t want to be indebted to private investors. | 我们可不想欠私人投资者的债 |
[10:28] | We’re floating public transpo bonds | 我们正在发行公共交通债券 |
[10:30] | to raise the funds the MTA needs. | 为交通运输局筹集所需的资金 |
[10:32] | You want to see the Olympics come to New York. | 你是希望看到奥运会在纽约举办的 |
[10:34] | I know you do. | 我知道你想 |
[10:35] | I can’t be seen doing your bidding. | 我不能让人认为我听命于你 |
[10:38] | Not this term. | 反正在这段任期内不行 |
[10:39] | Especially after all that drama with Rhoades. | 特别是跟罗兹产生了那么多闹剧后 |
[10:42] | I was standing up there being shouted at, too. | 我也是站着那被骂的人 |
[10:44] | By voters. | 被选民们骂 |
[10:46] | Cute idea, though. Olympic Express. | 不过奥运快线的主意还是不错的 |
[10:49] | Maybe for 2036. | 或许等到2036年再说吧 |
[10:56] | Well, that’s that. | 事情就这样了 |
[10:58] | Not over. Stand by. | 还没结束呢 待命吧 |
[10:59] | Your company will be wiring signals by next week, | 你的公司下周就能架交通信号线了 |
[11:01] | one way or another. | 无论如何都能 |
[11:05] | I’m just looking for a little courtesy here, Nadine, | 纳丁 我只希望请你帮个忙 |
[11:07] | between our offices on interstate fraud. | 同为调查州际诈骗的办公室 |
[11:10] | No, New York did not “steal” anything. | 怎么会 纽约什么东西都没”偷”啊 |
[11:12] | And for the record, | 而且得声明一下 |
[11:14] | I was trying to help. | 我是想帮忙的 |
[11:17] | I was the one behind the Boss and Bon Jovi | 我才是在博斯和邦乔维身后 |
[11:19] | playing that show. | 完成表演的人啊 |
[11:21] | Don’t lose faith, New Jersey’s still in the hunt. | 别丧气啊 新泽西还在争取呢 |
[11:23] | Stand by. | 时刻准备着吧 |
[11:27] | New Jersey AG. | 新泽西的检察长 |
[11:29] | Her governor’s pissed ’cause | 她的州长很生气 |
[11:30] | New York snaked the Olympic bid. | 因为纽约在申奥时耍了点手段 |
[11:32] | But it hasn’t even been announced. | 但结果都还没宣布呢 |
[11:33] | I’m aware. But there have been whispers. | 我知道啊 但已经有风声了 |
[11:36] | I had the whole thing tilted their way and not Prince’s. | 是我促成的这件事 并不是普林斯 |
[11:40] | Something happened that night that overshadowed the show | 那天晚上发生了什么 抢了风头 |
[11:43] | and put New York back in the lead. | 使得纽约重回领先地位 |
[11:45] | That’s where we need to be looking. | 那就是我们要关注的点 |
[11:47] | – Karl! – Reporting. | – 卡尔 – 报告 |
[11:49] | Work with Dave to get me the chopper manifests | 和戴芙一起去把那天晚上搭直升机 |
[11:51] | from the night the advance team flew to the Stone Pony. | 去石头小马的乘客名单给我弄来 |
[11:54] | I need to know everyone on board to and fro. | 我要了解机上每个人的信息 |
[11:56] | I remember the days you didn’t have to take roll call | 我记得以前乘直升机 |
[11:58] | in a whirlybird. | 都不需要点名的 |
[12:00] | Now that I think about it, | 现在想想 |
[12:01] | things have changed for the better. | 一切都变得更好了 |
[12:03] | Haircuts haven’t. | 除了发型 |
[12:04] | Beer neither. | 还有啤酒 |
[12:05] | But, yeah, some things. | 不过 一些事确实变得更好了 |
[12:08] | I’ll go get started. | 我去忙活了 |
[12:11] | And maybe you should get back on those scholarships. | 或许你该再回去调查那些奖学金的事 |
[12:21] | I’m here to catch flagrant law-breakers. | 我来这是为了打击不法之徒 |
[12:23] | I’m good with that. | 那才是我擅长的 |
[12:25] | But I can’t go in on hunting an upstanding guy | 但我没法去抓捕一个 |
[12:29] | sticking the tips of his Purple Labels over the line. | 安分守己的正直人啊 |
[12:32] | There is another kind, | 除了目无王法的人和循规蹈矩的人之外 |
[12:33] | besides the flagrant and the line-toer, | 这世上还有另一种人 |
[12:36] | and that is one who believes there is no line for him. | 他们觉得根本没有条条框框能限制得了自己 |
[12:38] | Because his stature, | 因为他身处上流社会 |
[12:40] | because his wealth, gives him the divine right. | 手握巨额财富 这些为他提供了无上的权利 |
[12:42] | And you think that’s Mike Prince? | 你指的是迈克·普林斯吗 |
[12:44] | – It is. – If you’re going after him | – 是啊 – 如果你抓着他不放 |
[12:46] | because his ego is too big, | 只是因为他太狂妄自大 |
[12:48] | everyone who lives north of 14th Street is guilty of that. | 那么每个住在十四街北边的人都有此罪过 |
[12:51] | Maybe the whole damn island. | 也许整个岛上的人都有罪 |
[12:52] | Look, it seems like | 看上去就像 |
[12:54] | you want to prosecute the idea | 你想要起诉的 |
[12:56] | of this kind of wealth itself. | 是财富本身 |
[12:58] | But the courts don’t offer a cause of action for that. | 但法院的规定里并没有这种诉讼理由 |
[13:00] | They oughta. | 他们应当规定的 |
[13:02] | You say that | 你这么说 |
[13:03] | because you are from it. | 是因为你就是从富人中来的 |
[13:06] | Only those with wealth | 憎恶财富 |
[13:08] | have the privilege of resenting it. | 是富人才有的特权 |
[13:10] | But, for the rest of us, | 可对其他人来说 |
[13:12] | it’s that dream that makes things go. | 对财富的期许是一切的动力 |
[13:16] | Innovation. Industry. | 创新 产业 |
[13:17] | The life-changing fortune that comes along with it. | 随之而来的是能改写人命运的财富 |
[13:20] | You’re telling me you didn’t raise your kids | 难道你会教育自己孩子 |
[13:22] | to aspire to more? | 不要有更多的追求吗 |
[13:24] | I’ve certainly raised mine that way. | 反正我是这样教育孩子的 |
[13:26] | Part of why I took the shortest maternity leave | 这也是我在辩护律师办公室里 |
[13:29] | on record at the defender’s office. | 休产假时间最短的原因之一 |
[13:31] | That American myth | 所谓的美国神话 |
[13:33] | is just as sweet as an ice-cold Coke, | 像冰可乐一样甜蜜 |
[13:36] | and it’s been guzzled down by folks on the lower rungs | 那些身处底层却不支持向富人征税的人 |
[13:39] | who don’t want to tax the rich | 将它一饮而尽 |
[13:41] | because they think they’ll be that rich themselves someday. | 是因为他们觉得自己有朝一日也会成为富人 |
[13:43] | And tell me you don’t hope your kids spend more time | 难道你不希望你的孩子陪伴 |
[13:45] | with theirs than you did. | 自己孩子的时间比你长吗 |
[13:47] | I want them to have it all. | 我希望我的孩子们能得到一切 |
[13:48] | Only guys like Prince get that. | 但只有像普林斯那样的人才能做到 |
[13:51] | People like him, | 跟他一样 |
[13:53] | who accumulate such outsized power and lucre, | 特权和钱财在握的人 |
[13:55] | threaten the very thing that makes America truly great, | 威胁到了使美国真正强大的东西 |
[13:58] | democracy. | 民主 |
[14:00] | An equal voice for all. | 人人享有平等的发言权 |
[14:02] | That is a crime in and of itself. | 这本身就是一种犯罪 |
[14:05] | I’m aware of exactly where | 我很清楚 |
[14:07] | the American Dream falls short, believe me. | 美国梦的短板在哪 相信我 |
[14:09] | But we’re not about to flip | 但我们又不是要 |
[14:11] | an entire system of wealth and privilege | 靠抓一个迈克·普林斯 |
[14:13] | by netting one Mike Prince. | 来颠覆整个财富与特权的体系 |
[14:18] | Just promise me. If we get to the end of this | 答应我 如果到最后 |
[14:20] | and there’s no crime, | 都没发现他犯罪的证据 |
[14:21] | we move on to some real criminals. | 咱们就去揪真正的犯罪分子吧 |
[14:23] | I’ll do you one better. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[14:24] | I’ll let you pick the next target. | 我让你来挑下个目标 |
[14:36] | I’ll look for a lever to move the Transport Workers Union | 我会找个法子让运输工人工会 |
[14:38] | to get them to pressure the MTA Board. | 向交通运输局委员会施压 |
[14:39] | No, no more of that. | 不 别再那样做了 |
[14:41] | The Board isn’t the issue, Mayor Johnson is. | 委员会不是问题 约翰逊市长才是 |
[14:43] | They were with us till she walked in. | 在她走进来之前他们都是站在我们这边的 |
[14:45] | But she’s all cashed up for subway improvements | 但她已经在通过发行新债券 |
[14:47] | from a new bond issuance. | 为地铁改造筹钱了 |
[14:49] | Then what do we offer her? | 那我们能为她提供些什么呢 |
[14:51] | She couldn’t handle the political heat from Rhoades | 她抵挡不住罗兹和他的魔鬼路线 |
[14:53] | and his Godzilla routine. She said as much. | 带来的政治热度 她自己也这么说过 |
[14:55] | Then you need to make it hotter for her | 所以你需要让这火烧得更旺些 |
[14:57] | to stand against the Olympics rather than for them. | 好让她更愿意支持申奥而不是从中作梗 |
[14:59] | Yep. | 对 |
[15:03] | I’ll take the Skyway, you know? | 我要走”天桥” 这你熟吗 |
[15:04] | High above the little one-way, sure. | 当然了 “在单行小道上” |
[15:07] | Yeah. Good. | 嗯 不错 |
[15:08] | I’ll set up a Zoom with those fine folks. | 我会跟那些人开个线上会议 |
[15:14] | I’ve looked at them all, Chuck. All legit. | 我全看了一遍 查克 都合法 |
[15:16] | And, honestly, some pretty deserving kids | 而且老实说 有些非常值得培养的孩子 |
[15:19] | are gonna get to go to college. | 终于能去上大学了 |
[15:21] | College will be better for it, too. | 而且大学也会因此变得更好 |
[15:22] | Proud we are of all of them. | 为孩子们感到骄傲 |
[15:24] | My old firm had a digger on payroll. | 在我的老东家有个很擅长挖料的人 |
[15:26] | I asked him to look into Prince and the Olympics. | 我拜托他查普林斯和奥运会的事 |
[15:28] | He found no evidence of illegal activity | 他没发现任何与投标有关的 |
[15:30] | – in connection with the bid. – Yet. | – 违法证据 – 还没 |
[15:32] | He hasn’t found it… | 他只是还没发现… |
[15:33] | You wanna make a man dance? | 想让猛男跳舞吗 |
[15:35] | Hit him with a subpoena. | 丢张传票给他就行 |
[15:36] | You should’ve seen the guy at Sky Star Aviation | 你们真该看看当天星航空的人 |
[15:38] | scramble to get me these manifests | 看到我亮出印章时 |
[15:40] | once I showed him the stamp. | 那着急忙慌为我提供乘客名单的样子 |
[15:42] | Michael Prince, not on board. | 迈克·普林斯 没上飞机 |
[15:44] | Scooter Dunbar was listed, but also didn’t fly. | 斯科特·邓巴也在名单上 但他也没上飞机 |
[15:47] | The rest was Commish advance team, | 剩下的就是委员会先遣人员 |
[15:49] | except for Wagner and one Colin Drache. | 除了瓦格纳和柯林·德拉赫 |
[15:52] | Michael Wagner. | 迈克尔·瓦格纳 |
[15:54] | The Captain Trips for this merry band of pranksters. | 竟然在这趟恶作剧之旅中 |
[15:57] | I made a great spirit guide in my salad days. | 我年轻气盛的时候曾获得过一次精神指引 |
[15:59] | Loose, breathable clothing is key. | 宽松透气的服装是关键 |
[16:02] | Wagner was the only Prince employee on board. | 瓦格纳是唯一一个上了飞机的普林斯的人 |
[16:06] | Your bloodhound doesn’t know how men like Prince think. | 你的线人不清楚像普林斯这样的人在想什么 |
[16:08] | I do. | 可我清楚 |
[16:09] | He’s insulated himself. | 他想把自己摘干净 |
[16:11] | Prince only would’ve sent someone like Michael Wagner | 普林斯只有一个理由会派 |
[16:13] | in his stead for one reason. | 迈克尔·瓦格纳这样的人来代替他出场 |
[16:14] | Wagner carries the black bag. | 瓦格纳是那个干非法事的 |
[16:16] | The man wears decorative rings, for Christ sake. | 我的妈 他一个大男人戴戒指作为饰品 |
[16:18] | We really can’t jump to legal conclusions | 我们真的不能单凭些饰品 |
[16:21] | – based on accessories. – Oh, yeah, we can. | – 妄下法律结论 – 当然可以 |
[16:23] | Karl, find out who this Colin Drache is. | 卡尔 查一下柯林·德拉赫什么来头 |
[16:25] | We’re off to a meeting across the river. | 我们要去河对岸开会了 |
[16:33] | You shouldn’t have shit-canned Lauren. | 你不应该炒了劳伦鱿鱼的 |
[16:35] | – Come again? – That came out wrong. | – 你再说一次 – 我表达错了 |
[16:37] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是那个意思 |
[16:39] | We need an IR person. We need something. | 我们需要投资者关系管理人 我们需要帮忙 |
[16:41] | Every time there’s a ratings change, | 每一次信用评级变化 |
[16:43] | our switchboard lights up with calls from panicky investors. | 我们的总机都会被惊慌失措的投资者打爆 |
[16:46] | Not our actual switchboard, which we don’t have, | 当然不是真实的总机 毕竟现在没有了 |
[16:47] | – but like our metaphoric one. – I get you. | – 就打个比方 – 我懂你 |
[16:49] | Using the ratings to punch holes in our investment theories. | 通过信用评级来攻击我们的投资理论 |
[16:52] | Like sick people using WebMD to second-guess their doctor. | 就像是病人用网医来质疑医生 |
[16:54] | More like people using Moody’s to bust my ball… | 更像是人们用穆迪评级来烦我 |
[16:56] | Surely you can handle that. | 我相信你肯定能处理好 |
[16:58] | I can handle drunk Gerard Butler wannabes | 我能接受喝醉了的杰拉德·巴特勒追随者们 |
[17:00] | nudging up against me at Minnows | 在米诺餐厅朝我挤眉弄眼 |
[17:01] | with their Fiddlehead IPAs. | 手上拿着蕨菜艾尔啤酒 |
[17:03] | Doesn’t mean I want to waste my time on them. | 不代表我就愿意在他们身上浪费时间 |
[17:05] | Rankin’s releasing a slew of upgrades and downgrades | 这周晚点评级机构会 |
[17:07] | later this week. | 发布新的评级 |
[17:08] | Sure to bring a fresh onslaught. | 肯定又会是一片腥风血雨 |
[17:10] | Maybe there’s a way we can preempt these kinds of calls. | 或许能有办法预先阻止这问题 |
[17:12] | Establish our own ratings criteria. | 建立我们自己的信用评级标准 |
[17:14] | Cool idea, but… | 主意很好 但… |
[17:15] | I don’t even have nights and weekends as it is. | 但我们时间不多了 |
[17:17] | Yeah. That would involve hundreds of hours of analysis. | 而那需要几百小时的时间去做分析 |
[17:20] | We could crowdsource it. | 我们可以众包 |
[17:32] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[17:34] | Tight-lipped bunch in that place. | 早午餐时 大家嘴都很紧 |
[17:36] | – I got the bartender talking. – How? | – 我让酒保开始说话了 – 如何做到的 |
[17:39] | I recognized the tattoo artist who did a piece on his neck. | 我认出来了他脖子上一块纹身的艺术家 |
[17:42] | Learned that trick last time I was a prosecutor. | 上次我当检察官时学到的这一招 |
[17:44] | – So what did we get? – He heard some of the foreigners saying | – 那我们有什么 – 他听到一些外国人说 |
[17:47] | their next stop was “The Palazzo.” | 下一站去帕拉佐 |
[17:49] | Palazzo. | 帕拉佐 |
[17:51] | High-end cathouse. | 高端妓院 |
[17:52] | Or it was. They shut down during COVID. | 曾经是 因为新冠疫情关闭了 |
[17:54] | I thought they never reopened. | 我以为他们还没重新开业 |
[17:55] | You missed the email blast? | 你没收到邮件通知吧 |
[17:56] | Well, let’s go. Where is it? | 我们走吧 那在哪 |
[17:59] | You’re asking me? | 你在问我 |
[18:00] | Hey, I’m not judging, but you’re the Overton Window guy, | 我没什么意见 但你才是经历奥弗顿之窗的 |
[18:03] | so I figured… | 所以我想… |
[18:04] | No, no, I’m outta that game. | 不 不 我不搞那玩意了 |
[18:06] | So we have to find Palazzo. | 那我们得去找帕拉佐了 |
[18:08] | Yep. | 是的 |
[18:10] | It’s our Fleur de Lis. | 那是我们的百合花 |
[18:19] | I think I know how to solve the MTA issue. | 我知道如何解决交通运输局的问题了 |
[18:21] | A move has been made. | 我已经采取行动了 |
[18:22] | Is it going to work? | 能成吗 |
[18:26] | Let’s go see Prince. | 我们去见普林斯吧 |
[18:29] | Maybe we wait a beat on that, | 先等等吧 |
[18:30] | until after I make my play. | 让我先试一下我的办法 |
[18:36] | Ms. Mayor, call for comment from the Post. | 市长女士 邮报来寻求评论 |
[18:38] | Seems Mike Prince is in talks to sell | 似乎普林斯在向明尼阿波利斯 |
[18:40] | that new subway tech to Minneapolis. | 推销他的新地铁 |
[18:41] | Minneapolis doesn’t even have a goddamn… | 明尼阿波利斯甚至都没有… |
[18:43] | Headlines are gonna murder you for passing on it. | 否决这个提议 你会在头条上被生吃 |
[18:45] | “It’s A Twin Pity, | “这是个双重遗憾 |
[18:46] | NYC Loses Out Thanks to Her Honor.” | 因为她 纽约市错失良机” |
[18:49] | And so forth. | 等等 |
[18:50] | Get Mike Prince on the phone for me. | 给我接通迈克·普林斯的电话 |
[18:58] | No glory in helming | 在一个三代人的家族企业里 |
[18:59] | a third-generation family business, | 掌舵没有荣耀可言 |
[19:01] | I’ll tell you that. None. | 我明确告诉你 一点都没有 |
[19:02] | Sure, my name’s on the door, | 的确 我的名字就在门上 |
[19:04] | but if I make money, it’s expected. | 但我挣钱 不过是预料之中的 |
[19:06] | Everyone in the clan has their hand out waiting to be filled, | 部落里的每个人都在等着嗟来之食 |
[19:10] | so I can only fuck it up from there, which makes me ornery. | 所以我也只能这样 这让我很不爽 |
[19:12] | Someone with very little to lose when it comes | 和新竞争者纠缠时 |
[19:14] | to tangling with a new competitor. | 我不会有太大损失 |
[19:17] | I like the direct threat thing. | 我喜欢那明目张胆的威胁 |
[19:19] | You don’t see it so much anymore | 从你这种人那看到这情形 |
[19:21] | except from guys like you. | 不太常见 |
[19:22] | It’s bracing. I’d love you to go further. | 这很勇猛 我希望你能继续 |
[19:25] | To put it bluntly, you’ll wake me up. | 直截了当地说 你会唤醒我 |
[19:27] | You have. | 你已经唤醒了 |
[19:29] | You don’t make enemies of the well-entrenched. | 你不会与地头蛇为敌 |
[19:32] | Even if you win, the cost is too great. | 即使能赢 那也是伤敌八百自损一千 |
[19:35] | Plus, you’ll embarrass yourself. | 再说了 你赢不了的 |
[19:38] | We’re an institution. | 我们是一个机构 |
[19:39] | We have expertise, track record, | 我们有专业知识 业绩记录 |
[19:41] | client relationships. | 客户关系 |
[19:42] | You issue one inaccurate rating, | 你一旦发布一项不准确的评级 |
[19:44] | some errant data point, | 些许错误的数据点 |
[19:47] | and you lose all credibility. | 你会失去所有的可信度 |
[19:49] | As an investor, too. | 作为投资者 亦是如此 |
[19:51] | So let me buy your crowd sourcing algorithm from you, | 不如让我从你那里购买你的众包算法 |
[19:54] | salvage whatever I can. | 尽量弥补你一些 |
[19:57] | That was a quick zip around the corner | 从敲诈勒索到收买 |
[19:59] | from Extortion Ave to Payoff Lane. | 这转变得也太快了 |
[20:02] | You’ll walk away with your reputation intact, | 你的名声不会受影响 |
[20:04] | a little change in your pocket. | 口袋里还能多点钱 |
[20:05] | You see your track record as an advantage? | 你觉得你的业绩记录是优势 |
[20:08] | You haven’t upgraded your system since | 自从2000年歌手奈利发布《乡村语法》之后 |
[20:10] | Nelly came out with Country Grammar in 2000. | 你就没有升级过你的系统 |
[20:11] | Not even after you rated subprimes triple-A | 就连你在房地产泡沫期间将次贷 |
[20:14] | during the housing bubble. None of you did. | 评为3A级后也没有升级 完全没有 |
[20:16] | The beauty of my algo is that it’s extracurricular for me | 我的算法的妙处是 运营起来省心 |
[20:18] | and very low-cost to operate. | 又省钱 |
[20:20] | Say you’re right, and there’s a glitch. | 就算你是对的 有个故障 |
[20:22] | No, several. | 不 是几个 |
[20:24] | We can weather them until we prove ourselves | 我们可以经受住考验 直到我们证明了自己 |
[20:26] | and outperform you. | 并超越你 |
[20:27] | Besides, I have another offer already. | 再说了 我已经收到了另一份提议 |
[20:29] | And like you said, it might make sense to sell, | 正如你说的 可以卖掉 |
[20:31] | given the hats I already wear. | 毕竟我有那么多份工作了 |
[20:33] | “Offer”? | 提议 |
[20:35] | Shit. | 淦 |
[20:37] | – Standard & Poor’s? – I can’t say. | – 标准普尔吗 – 我不能说 |
[20:39] | Look, my main reason for starting this is accuracy. | 我的初衷是追求精确性 |
[20:41] | Whoever actually runs the thing. | 不管实际是谁来运作这东西 |
[20:42] | I’ll match, no, better their offer. | 我都可以给出同等的 不 是更好的价格 |
[20:49] | Sure, I’ll let you. | 行 可以 |
[20:50] | Because, much like your family, | 因为 和你家族一样 |
[20:52] | I’m interested in seeing you do better. | 我很希望你能做得更好 |
[20:55] | Thank you, Taylor, this is the right… | 谢谢 泰勒 这是正确的… |
[20:58] | But I need to make sure that certain city issuances | 但我需要确保某些城市当局的 |
[21:01] | of certain city authorities are examined | 特定城市发行物得到审查 |
[21:03] | and rated accurately, | 和准确评级 |
[21:04] | low as that might be. | 且是尽量的低 |
[21:07] | That’s more old school than… | 这也太老套了… |
[21:08] | You’re old school as a barbershop quartet. | 你跟理发店四件套一样老套 |
[21:09] | Your hairstyle alone could make this happen. | 凭你的发型就足够了 |
[21:11] | Otherwise, I put you out of business, | 否则 我让你没了生意 |
[21:14] | and you can explain that to folks at the next reunion. | 家庭团聚时候 你就该向你家人解释解释了 |
[21:36] | What do you say, guys? Hmm? | 你觉得呢 大伙们 |
[21:45] | You came. | 你来了 |
[21:46] | I said I’d try. As did you. | 我说了我会尽量来 和你一样 |
[21:51] | Now I guess they’ve assigned us to work together. | 那我猜我们分配到了一起干活 |
[21:54] | I guess they did. | 我想是的吧 |
[21:57] | Well, uh, much as I appreciate the backup, | 虽然我很感谢你的支援 |
[22:00] | I think I’ve got the bobbing for apples under control. | 不过我想我已经掌握好这些苹果了 |
[22:02] | Fresh water and apples for each contestant. | 干净的水和苹果给每一个参赛者 |
[22:05] | Sanitized bucket. Feel free to take off. | 篮子也消毒过了 你完全可以走人 |
[22:12] | And suffer the disapproving glares | 然后在离开的时候遭受那帮 |
[22:14] | of the coven of PTA moms as I leave? | 家长与教职大会的母亲的白眼吗 |
[22:16] | Fat chance. | 想得美 |
[22:18] | I’m sticking it out. | 我会坚持住的 |
[22:19] | I think one of them hexed me on the way in | 我觉得他们就有人在我进来时给我下咒了 |
[22:21] | when she found out I didn’t RSVP. | 因为她发现我没有确认回复 |
[22:25] | – No takers yet? – Not a one. | – 没有人来过吗 – 一个都没有 |
[22:27] | It’s a dreadful game, really. | 可尴尬了 真的 |
[22:29] | Your face submerged, inhaling water. | 把脸埋进水里 吸进去水一样 |
[22:33] | I’d never equate the two, | 我从不会把两者等同 |
[22:34] | but it’s not unlike waterboarding, | 但这个和水刑没什么差别 |
[22:36] | I’ll tell you that from experience. | 这都是经验之谈 |
[22:38] | Oh, it’s a story for another time. | 那又是另一个故事了 |
[22:40] | Rhoades. | 罗兹 |
[22:42] | Taking a break from your billionaire bashing | 从对亿万富翁的抨击中抽身出来 |
[22:44] | to turn this place commie, too? | 要来把这也变成共产主义吗 |
[22:46] | Save it for the ballot box, sir. | 你这话就留给投票箱吧 先生 |
[22:48] | I want to get into it now. | 我现在就想开始 |
[22:49] | No, | 不了 |
[22:50] | you walking inferiority complex. | 你这行走的自卑情结 |
[22:54] | Why don’t you do us all a favor | 行行好 |
[22:55] | and go find yourself a therapist instead of | 去找个心理医生看看吧 |
[22:57] | picking fights with greater men? | 而不是来这挑衅比你厉害的人 |
[22:59] | Unless you want him to drag you for paying your nanny | 除非你想让他拖着你去给你家保姆 |
[23:02] | – and housekeeper off the books… – Shut the fuck up, Karen. | – 和管家支付消费 – 闭嘴吧你 凯伦 |
[23:04] | Ohh, pal, that is a line you do not want to cross, | 噢 兄弟 你可不会想要跨过那条线 |
[23:07] | unless you want to end up like Andy “The Hawk” Price, | 除非你想要和安迪·”老鹰”·普赖斯一个下场 |
[23:10] | knocked out standing by Sugar Ray. | 被甜蜜射线乐队给击倒 |
[23:19] | Thanks for getting my back. | 谢谢你为我撑腰 |
[23:21] | We struck a nerve. | 我们击到痛点了 |
[23:23] | I think it was the combo of a smug smile | 大概是因为那套得意的笑 |
[23:26] | and boat shoes. | 和帆船鞋 |
[23:28] | There’s a lotta those around here, unfortunately. | 不幸的是 那样的人这里可太多了 |
[23:29] | The year Sperrys or a Vineyard Vines | 一旦斯佩里或是温亚德·凡思的外套 |
[23:32] | blazer shows up on Kevin’s Christmas list | 出现在了凯文的圣诞愿望清单里 |
[23:34] | is the year we transfer him to public school. | 我们就该把他转去公立学校了 |
[23:36] | Mm-hmm. Should we have that convo again? | 我们是不是又该谈一下那话题 |
[23:39] | We always said we’d revisit it if there were good reason. | 我们一直说合适时候就重新讨论 |
[23:42] | We’ll think on it… | 我们可以先想想 |
[23:45] | but probably, yes. | 但大概是的吧 |
[24:01] | – Mike. – Hi. | – 迈克 – 嗨 |
[24:03] | Uh… come in. | 进来吧 |
[24:07] | I don’t want to jinx it, but I have reason to believe | 我不想要乌鸦嘴 但我有理由相信 |
[24:09] | things are looking good for the games right now. | 现在形势一片大好 |
[24:11] | The mayor called me for a meet. | 市长打电话给我要安排会面 |
[24:13] | In person. | 亲自的 |
[24:14] | Only one reason for that call. | 只可能有一个原因 |
[24:17] | Kickass, Michael Prince. Nicely done. | 太棒了 迈克尔·普林斯 非常棒 |
[24:18] | I had Skyline flown in from Cincinnati, | 我从辛辛那提空运过来了天际线的外卖 |
[24:20] | a celebratory four-way and five-way. | 用来庆祝的 一份四料意面 一份五料意面 |
[24:22] | You’re still the only Midwesterner I know | 你是我认识的唯一一个中西部人 |
[24:24] | – who can handle it. – You know I can, | – 能受得了的 – 你知道我是可以 |
[24:26] | but I have dinner plans that I can’t get out of. | 但我有个无法推辞的晚餐要参加 |
[24:29] | Oh, no sweat. I-I should have checked. | 噢 没事 我该事先确认一下的 |
[24:32] | You’re still coming to the announcement event though, yeah? | 但你还是会去揭晓大会的吧 |
[24:35] | Of course. That’s the whole reason I’m here. | 当然 那是我来这的原因 |
[24:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[24:38] | Win or lose, I want you by my side. | 不论输赢 我都希望你在我身边 |
[24:42] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[24:44] | It’s been nice, | 我们在这里 |
[24:45] | being here and seeing more of each other. | 增进相互了解 这很好 |
[24:49] | And there’s a small part of me that wanted New York to lose, | 而一小部分的我希望纽约输 |
[24:52] | for the games to go to Prague or Mexico City. | 输给布拉格或是墨西哥城 |
[24:55] | So you could challenge yourself on another nation’s soil, | 这样你就可以到外国挑战一下自己 |
[24:58] | no home field advantage? | 不要主场优势 |
[24:59] | No. | 不是 |
[25:01] | To see if you’d put in the effort. | 试试看你愿不愿意付出 |
[25:05] | I need to be training at altitude in the mountains. | 我需要在高山中训练 |
[25:07] | Would you pull yourself away from your company, | 你会在周五晚上从公司抽身 |
[25:10] | fly to me on a Friday night? | 而飞来见我吗 |
[25:12] | Make calls and dial into meetings from my base camp? | 会从我的营地打电话和开视频会议吗 |
[25:18] | Now that it’s so convenient, we’ll never really know. | 我们不会知道答案 因为现在太便捷了 |
[25:21] | Well that’s the point of having your own jet, right? | 这不就是拥有私人飞机的初衷吗 |
[25:23] | The freedom to commit to what you love. | 能自由地追随自己所爱 |
[25:26] | I’d bring the hotspot, | 我会带上网络热点 |
[25:27] | the sat phone, whatever it took. | 卫星电话 所需的一切 |
[25:29] | But we’re lucky we don’t have to deal with that added strain. | 但我们很幸运 不必作出取舍 |
[25:32] | We get the best of both worlds this way. | 这样的话 两者都能兼顾 |
[25:35] | Okay. Good. | 好 很好 |
[25:40] | I’m gonna finish getting ready. I’ll see you at the thing. | 我要继续准备了 揭晓大会上见 |
[26:00] | Fortune favored me tonight at the silent auction table. | 今晚安静的拍卖桌上 幸运眷顾了我 |
[26:05] | I’m surprised you bid on something. | 你投标了我很意外 |
[26:06] | Only under great duress. | 不得已而为之 |
[26:08] | A dinner at home for two by Chef Daniel Boulud. | 大厨丹尼尔·布卢德的居家两人晚餐 |
[26:11] | Nicely done. | 不错啊 |
[26:13] | I’m sure it’ll be exquisite. | 我确信那会很精致的 |
[26:16] | Well, uh, actually, | 但实际上 |
[26:18] | I don’t have a special someone to share it with | 在这当口 我没有特别的对象 |
[26:21] | at this juncture. | 来与之分享 |
[26:23] | And I can’t face asking Ira or my dad to join me. | 而我不能想象去邀请艾拉或者我爸爸 |
[26:27] | Why don’t you take it? | 你拿去吧 |
[26:30] | Yeah, make a special night of it for you and a friend. | 给你和你的朋友一个特别的夜晚 |
[26:35] | I… I don’t really have anyone to ask either, | 我这会也没有可以 |
[26:38] | at the moment. | 邀请的人 |
[26:46] | Why don’t we enjoy it together, | 那我们为什么不一起呢 |
[26:49] | at the house? | 在老宅里 |
[26:52] | It’s a fine idea. | 很好的主意 |
[26:54] | Check my calendar. | 查一下我的日程 |
[27:04] | I am damned if I work too closely | 我和亿万富翁合作得太紧密会完蛋 |
[27:05] | with billionaires and damned if I don’t work closely enough. | 而不够紧密也会完蛋 |
[27:08] | It’s a tough spot. | 你的位子不好坐 |
[27:09] | The headlines haven’t been kind. | 报纸头条向来不友善 |
[27:11] | And now you’re also saddled with every | 现在你还要为地铁的 |
[27:12] | subway delay and malfunction. | 延误和故障负责 |
[27:14] | If I can be blamed for the subway’s failures, | 如果地铁的故障都怪罪于我 |
[27:16] | I plan on taking credit for its success, too. | 那地铁的成功也该归功于我 |
[27:18] | Which is why you’re here. | 这就是你来的原因 |
[27:19] | It is. | 是的 |
[27:22] | I’m here to tell you that | 我来是要告诉你 |
[27:23] | we don’t need any money from you or your “steering committee.” | 我们不需要你 或你那筹划小组的钱 |
[27:27] | And even if you shower Minneapolis with your gifts, | 即便你朝明尼阿波利斯市撒礼物 |
[27:31] | we have a subway upgrade plan of our own in place. | 我们也还是有自己的地铁改造计划 |
[27:33] | That’s not what you said on the phone | 你在电话上请求这次会面时 |
[27:35] | when you begged for this meeting. | 可不是这么说的 |
[27:37] | Because I hadn’t explained my situation | 因为那时我还没有和州长 |
[27:39] | to the governor yet. | 讲过我的处境 |
[27:40] | But it seems he recently fell into | 但最近 他似乎被一笔 |
[27:42] | two billion in unexpected cash. | 二十亿的意外现金砸中 |
[27:45] | A kind donation from a generous, | 来自一名慷慨的 心系社稷的 |
[27:47] | civic-minded individual. | 市民的捐款 |
[27:49] | And Sweeney’s diverting it to the MTA’s budget. | 而斯威尼把这笔钱转为交通运输局的预算 |
[27:52] | With that and the new bond issuance we’re planning, | 这笔钱再加我们计划购买的债券保险 |
[27:54] | the hole’s all filled in. | 就能把窟窿都填上了 |
[27:56] | We’re going to announce our upgrade plan tomorrow. | 我们明天就会宣布改造计划 |
[27:59] | I’m looking forward to the headlines. | 我期待看到头条会写什么 |
[28:02] | I can take plenty more than my train tech | 我能带给双城的可比我的火车知识 |
[28:05] | to the Twin Cities. | 要多得多 |
[28:07] | I could take my business, my holdings, | 我能带来我的生意 我的股份 |
[28:09] | my taxes. | 我的税收 |
[28:13] | Your job isn’t to fix the trains. | 你的工作可不是解决火车问题 |
[28:15] | It’s to keep the whales like me swimming in your waters, | 而是要让我这样的大鱼游在你的水里 |
[28:18] | raising the tides for everyone. | 让水位升高 造福大家 |
[28:20] | Oh, I’ve seen Blackfish. | 我见识过杀人鲸 |
[28:23] | But now I know from personal experience, too. | 但根据我的个人经历 |
[28:26] | Trying to work with you only makes you hostile. | 想和你合作只会把你变得敌对 |
[28:31] | You’re free to swim where you please. | 你随意去其它地方游 |
[28:44] | Two billion. | 二十亿 |
[28:46] | Sweeney’s using my own money to block me. | 斯威尼用我的钱把我挡在门外 |
[28:49] | The Prague and Mexico City bids have sent contingents | 布拉格和墨西哥城 都在明天的投票之前 |
[28:52] | to Athens ahead of tomorrow’s vote. | 派人去了雅典 |
[28:53] | They’ve set meetings. That means one thing: | 他们一起开了会 这意味着 |
[28:56] | They’ve found the vulnerable among the advance team, | 他们在先遣队中找到了软肋 |
[28:59] | and they’re going to be very persuasive in person. Very. | 他们会非常强烈地游说他们 非常强烈 |
[29:01] | The Olympics aren’t going to be my curtain call. | 奥运会不会是我的谢幕演出 |
[29:04] | I plan on having a lifetime of grand projects, as you know. | 你知道 我的一生都要参与大项目 |
[29:07] | My reputation and my career are inseparable. | 我的名声和职业生涯不可分割 |
[29:11] | So we’re back at square one. | 所以我们又回到了原点 |
[29:12] | With one day left. | 而只剩一天了 |
[29:16] | Never feels like it, | 从未有过这样的感觉 |
[29:17] | but that’s the best place to be. | 不过这是我们最大的优势 |
[29:19] | We’re bringing the ball up, | 我们带球前进 |
[29:21] | they’re in a full-court defense. | 他们在全场防守 |
[29:22] | Lotta pressure. | 压力巨大 |
[29:24] | But you keep control and break the press. | 但你持续控球 然后突破防守 |
[29:27] | Nobody’s back, and it’s an easy bucket. | 没有人在后场 这是轻松的得分机会 |
[29:31] | We just gotta break the press. | 我们只需要突破防守 |
[29:41] | You’re a man with an eerily extensive knowledge | 你掌握纽约阴暗角落的知识 |
[29:44] | of New York’s darker corners. | 到了令人发怵的程度 |
[29:46] | Do you know where “Palazzo” is? | 那你知道”帕拉佐”在哪里吗 |
[29:48] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[29:50] | I did go to a pretty incredible place once | 我倒去过冲绳一个叫 |
[29:52] | in Okinawa called “Whisper Alley” | 耳语巷的神奇地方 |
[29:54] | when I was detailed to a Department of Defense trip | 当时我随国防部出差 |
[29:57] | with some generals, though. | 跟着一些将军去的 |
[29:59] | There was a hell of a banana show, | 那真是一场猎奇之旅 |
[30:01] | and they served sake | 他们会卖瓶装的 |
[30:03] | with a habu viper in the bottle. | 波布蛇清酒 |
[30:08] | You know what? | 你猜怎么 |
[30:10] | Never mind. | 当我没问 |
[30:21] | Chef Boulud says he will handle any dietary restrictions. | 布卢德大厨说他会照顾到任何忌口 |
[30:24] | The only restriction will be my belt after I eat all this. | 我唯一忌讳的是吃完后要松腰带 |
[30:27] | Though I have heard the bouillabaisse is… | 不过我听说那马赛鱼汤真是 |
[30:30] | Oh, yeah, no, it sure is. | 当然 绝对是的 |
[30:32] | I had it a few years back. | 我几年前吃过 |
[30:33] | We did. Together. At, uh, Café… | 我们是一块吃的 在那个 |
[30:36] | Boulud. Right. | 布卢德餐厅 对噢 |
[30:37] | Yes. With that… | 是的 和那对 |
[30:39] | weird couple we met at The Blantyre. | 在布兰太尔认识的奇怪夫妇一起 |
[30:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[30:43] | Yes. | 对的 |
[30:44] | Oh, man, the folks you meet on vacation. | 你度假时认识的那两人 |
[30:47] | Should stay in your memory, | 你应该记住他们 |
[30:49] | before they take down five martinis, | 他们喝光五杯马天尼 |
[30:51] | and never at your table. | 再也没回来 |
[30:54] | Pick whatever looks good to you, Chuck. | 查克 选你觉得好的就行 |
[30:56] | I’m sure it’ll be great. | 我相信你的选择不会差 |
[30:57] | Okay, good. | 那好 |
[31:05] | I have been looking through all of our Olympic dealings | 我在用查克的视角审视我们所有 |
[31:07] | with my Chuck goggles on, and I found something. | 有关奥运会的操作 然后发现些问题 |
[31:10] | The night you two entertained the advance team | 你们代表委员会招待 |
[31:12] | for the Commission. | 先遣队的那晚 |
[31:13] | The manifests for the helicopter company Jersey | 那晚去新泽西用的直升机公司 |
[31:15] | used that night have been subpoenaed. | 旅客名单被作为证供了 |
[31:18] | Nothing can be linked to M-TAP. | 查不到我们头上的 |
[31:20] | Doesn’t have to be. | 并不需要查到 |
[31:21] | Chuck gets one lead, announces an investigation, | 查克只要有一个线索 宣布展开调查 |
[31:24] | Commission gets rattled and goes with another city. | 委员会一慌就去选另一个城市了 |
[31:26] | Do you all have everything locked down? | 你们做到滴水不漏了吗 |
[31:28] | That would be a question for… | 这个问题应该问 |
[31:30] | Moi. | 偶 |
[31:32] | None of the professionals involved in that evening’s | 那晚参加活动的所有人 |
[31:33] | activities are a liability. Discretion is their craft. | 都不会走漏风声的 保密他们很在行 |
[31:36] | Good. Make sure of it. | 很好 请确保是那样 |
[31:39] | Best for us all if I don’t touch that one. | 我不过问这事对大家都好 |
[31:49] | This Palazzo business. | 关于帕拉佐 |
[31:50] | Asking around with the criminals in custody, | 我问了一圈在押的犯人 |
[31:52] | none of them can afford it. | 没有人去得起那地方 |
[31:54] | All I’ve got is an old address. | 我只问到一个旧地址 |
[31:56] | It was becoming too well known, | 那地方后来太出名了 |
[31:58] | so they picked up and moved it elsewhere. | 所以他们搬去其它地方了 |
[31:59] | Well, these places shuffle locations | 这种场所换起地方来 |
[32:01] | like handsy priests change dioceses. | 就跟爱猥亵的牧师换教区一样 |
[32:03] | We could use some help on this. | 这事我们需要些帮助 |
[32:06] | There’s someone I can ask. | 我有个人可以问问 |
[32:08] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[32:18] | We’re sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[32:19] | you have reached a number | 您所拨打的号码 |
[32:21] | that has been disconnected | 已停机 |
[32:22] | or is no longer in service. | 或不再使用 |
[32:26] | The number you dialed has been changed, | 您所拨打的号码已变更 |
[32:27] | disconnected, or is no longer in service. | 停机 或已不再使用 |
[32:36] | Madison, it’s me. | 麦迪逊 是我 |
[32:38] | I can’t get through to the Palazzo. | 我打不通帕拉佐的电话 |
[32:39] | Have you heard anything? | 你听到什么风声吗 |
[32:41] | Has there been any trouble? | 有麻烦吗 |
[32:42] | Ask around, would ya? | 去打听一下 行吗 |
[32:46] | Okay. Let me know. | 好 再让我知道 |
[33:21] | I’m here on business. | 我是来谈正事的 |
[33:31] | Thank you for agreeing to see me again. | 谢谢你答应再见我 |
[33:35] | I know that you had hoped to never have to. | 我知道你永远不想再见到我 |
[33:38] | That was a long time ago. | 上次见是很久以前了 |
[33:42] | And you were a good customer before. | 那时你还是个好主顾 |
[33:45] | My favorite kind. | 我最喜欢的那种 |
[33:47] | Not for the right reasons. | 不是好的那种喜欢 |
[33:49] | Oh, I needed it, yeah. | 我当时很需要那个 |
[33:54] | At the moment, though… | 但现在 |
[33:55] | I see that. | 我看得出来 |
[33:56] | You’re different now, changed. | 你现在不一样了 变了 |
[34:00] | For the time being, at least. | 至少现阶段是这样 |
[34:04] | Palazzo. I need its current location. | 帕拉佐 我需要它现在的地址 |
[34:07] | I didn’t know any other way to find it. | 我没有别的地方能打听 |
[34:09] | That place doesn’t offer what you’re into. | 那地方没有你喜欢的东西 |
[34:12] | Unless your arousal template has completely changed… | 除非你的兴奋点彻底改变了 |
[34:15] | I just need the address. | 我只需要地址 |
[34:33] | Like I said… | 就像我说的 |
[34:36] | Strictly business. | 只是公事 |
[34:38] | I see. | 明白了 |
[34:41] | Oh, and one more thing you will absolutely need. | 还有一件你绝对需要的东西 |
[34:45] | The password. | 密码 |
[34:50] | There’s panic at the MTA. | 交通运输局内部已经慌了 |
[34:52] | Rankin Ratings Agency has just put New York’s subway system | 评级评估机构刚把纽约地铁系统 |
[34:55] | – on Credit Watch Negative… – Scooter! | – 纳入了负面信用跟踪… – 斯科特 |
[34:57] | …that’s a warning to investors that their rating | 这是对投资者的警告 |
[34:59] | will be dropping soon. | 他们的评级就快下降了 |
[35:01] | There’s already been a discussion of shutting down | 已经有关停地铁线路以减少支出的 |
[35:02] | a subway line to cut costs… | 相关讨论了… |
[35:04] | I’m telling you this now before you see it yourself. | 在你看到之前 我先告诉你 |
[35:07] | Mase Carb is buying MTA bonds. | 梅森碳能在买交通运输局的债券 |
[35:09] | People are spooked by the Credit Watch Negative | 人们被负面信用跟踪吓到了 |
[35:11] | and they’re selling them like they’re Beanie Babies. | 他们像卖豆豆娃一样卖出它们 |
[35:13] | But that’s not all. | 但这还不是全部 |
[35:14] | You’ll see, when you look at our sheet, | 你看我们的报表就能发现 |
[35:16] | that we went to cash for this ahead of the announcement. | 我们在这个通知前 就已经套现了 |
[35:19] | So you were prepared? | 所以你是有准备的 |
[35:20] | You knew this was coming, and you said nothing to me. | 你早知道会这样 却什么都没跟我说 |
[35:22] | I encouraged Rankin to take a closer look at the MTA. | 我鼓动评级公司好好查查交通运输局 |
[35:25] | And when they did, they agreed with me that AAA was too high. | 他们查了以后 和我一样也觉得三A级太高了 |
[35:28] | Mase Carb will make a profit, | 梅森碳能会大赚一笔 |
[35:29] | and the MTA is now in a tight spot, | 而交通运输局陷入了困境 |
[35:31] | which I believe is exactly where you need them to be. | 我相信 你就是需要这样 |
[35:34] | We saw it as a win-win. | 我们认为这是双赢 |
[35:37] | Your pronouns haven’t changed, have they? | 你的人称代词没变 对吧 |
[35:39] | You’re using “we” to mean… | 你说”我们” 意味着… |
[35:40] | Yes, I knew. | 是的 我知道 |
[35:42] | So you both did this behind my back? | 所以你们都是背着我做的 |
[35:44] | – For you, you mean. – I made the choice | – 为你做的 是这个意思吧 – 我决定 |
[35:46] | to ignite the fuse on a move that would solve your problem. | 点燃导火索 解决你的问题 |
[35:48] | The mayor is on the phone. She wants to meet ASAP. | 市长打过来了 她想尽快见面 |
[35:51] | Ask her to hold a minute. | 让她等一会 |
[35:53] | The governor will be calling also, probably. | 州长也会打来 应该 |
[35:55] | This could easily be seen as manipulation. | 这很容易被视为操纵市场 |
[35:57] | If word leaks about this, it could tank our bid… | 如果走漏了风声 我们的竞标就完了… |
[36:00] | everything we’ve been working for. | 我们付出的一切努力 |
[36:01] | What’s the rating gonna be, triple-B? | 评级会是什么呢 三B吗 |
[36:03] | – Double-B. – Jesus. | – BB – 老天 |
[36:05] | My best move is to get ahead of this by calling foul now. | 我最好的办法就是先叫犯规 |
[36:09] | You were right. I have the governor | 你说的对 |
[36:10] | on the line now, too. | 州长也打来了 |
[36:12] | Leonard Supple, MTA board, is also on the phone. | 兰纳德·萨坡 交通运输局的董事会也打来了 |
[36:14] | They all want the same meeting. | 他们都是一个目的 |
[36:16] | If you really want, I can unwind all of this | 如果你真的想 我可以 |
[36:17] | before the new rating is announced. | 在新评级公布之前 解决这些 |
[36:19] | I can change it back and take my ratings algo off the market. | 我可以改回来 把我的评级算法退出市场 |
[36:22] | No. Tell them all I’m ready to meet tonight. | 不用 告诉他们我准备好今晚见面了 |
[36:47] | Lady Bertilak. | 贝狄拉克女士 |
[36:49] | Members only tonight. | 今晚只对会员开放 |
[36:59] | Let’s move, people! | 动起来 同志们 |
[37:00] | Man up! Lets go! | 爷们点 我们上 |
[37:02] | Go, go, go. | 上 上 上 |
[37:06] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[37:07] | – Hands on the wall! – Police! | – 手放墙上 – 警察 |
[37:10] | Hands on the wall! | 手放墙上 |
[37:16] | Warrant? | 搜查令 |
[37:31] | I’ve never seen a bridge club | 我从没见过桥牌俱乐部里 |
[37:32] | with so many patrons under 25. | 有这么多二十五岁以下的顾客 |
[37:34] | I’d like to see ’em try and play a hand. | 我倒想看他们试着玩一把 |
[37:37] | It’s clear. | 没查到 |
[37:39] | We got nothing. | 一无所获 |
[37:48] | It’s all good. | 没事了 |
[37:59] | They’re gone. | 他们走了 |
[38:01] | They didn’t find anything. | 什么都没查到 |
[38:03] | Damn right! | 没错 |
[38:04] | Next time I pay every employee their full night’s wages, | 下次我给所有员工发整晚的工资 |
[38:07] | something unspeakable is going to transpire, | 一些难言的事就要发生了 |
[38:09] | and I will be right in the middle of it. | 而我处于事件中心 |
[38:20] | We both should’ve seen this coming. | 我们都应该预料到的 |
[38:22] | We’ve shown the stealth of a Santa con bar crawl. | 我们揭露了圣人骗局中串酒吧的秘密 |
[38:26] | They were expecting us. | 他们就等着我们呢 |
[38:29] | Now once, in college, I participated | 有一次 在大学里 |
[38:31] | in what was called a “Hash run.” | 我参加了”兔子快跑”活动 |
[38:34] | The idea is only the organizer of the run | 创意在于只有跑步活动组织者 |
[38:36] | knows the true route. | 才知道正确的路线 |
[38:38] | He or she marks it out | 他或她 |
[38:40] | with small piles of flour on the ground, | 会通过在地上放一小堆面粉标识出来 |
[38:42] | but only intermittently. | 但不是连续的 |
[38:44] | You have to uncover the route as you go, | 你需要在行进过程中发现线路 |
[38:47] | wrong turns and all. | 拐错弯就结束了 |
[38:49] | Sounds like an effective model for tricking yourself | 听起来是个自我欺骗跑远路的有效模式 |
[38:51] | into running longer. But not for an investigation. | 但不适用于调查 |
[38:53] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[38:54] | There, the reward was supposedly in the doing. | 应该享受的是过程 |
[38:57] | There was nothing waiting at the end other than | 到结局的时候只会有 |
[38:59] | a fleeting sense of accomplishment and shin splints. | 转瞬即逝的成就感和腿疼 |
[39:01] | We may have gone down an unfruitful path tonight, | 我们今晚可能会徒劳无功 |
[39:04] | but there is more to uncover. | 但还有更多要揭露的东西 |
[39:06] | But that’s exactly it, Chuck. | 但事实就是如此 查克 |
[39:08] | We have no idea if that’s true. | 我们不知道真假 |
[39:09] | That presto change-o tells us it is. | 这个急变告诉我们是真的 |
[39:12] | If Prince wants to win the Olympics, | 如果普林斯想赢得奥运会 |
[39:14] | he’ll have to offer plenty more than one night | 他提供的可不止是 |
[39:16] | at a sex club. | 性爱俱乐部的一晚 |
[39:18] | The final vote is in less than 24 hours. | 距离最终投票还有不到二十四小时 |
[39:20] | When men like Prince are under pressure, | 当普林斯这种人有压力时 |
[39:22] | they take shortcuts. | 他们走捷径 |
[39:24] | Yeah, so you’ve said. | 对 你说过了 |
[39:25] | But all we’ve got to show for that theory | 但我们证实这个理论的唯一方法 |
[39:27] | is an armed raid on a bridge club. | 是对桥牌俱乐部的武装突袭 |
[39:29] | You know that was no bridge club. | 你知道那不是什么桥牌俱乐部 |
[39:31] | Sure, but that’s not how it’s gonna look on the books. | 对 但记录上就得这么写 |
[39:44] | BB Double-B. | |
[39:46] | Tough break. | 运气太差了 |
[39:49] | Fuckin’ Rankin. | 该死的评级系统 |
[39:51] | We canceled the debt offering. | 我们取消了债券发行 |
[39:53] | Set off a chain reaction across every maturity. | 每到偿还期都会引起连锁反应 |
[39:56] | I assume you have a cash shortfall now, | 我猜你现在缺钱了 |
[39:57] | hence the meeting? | 因为那个会议 |
[39:59] | Yeah, we’ll, uh, we’ll do your plan. | 我们 我们按你的计划来 |
[40:01] | The Olympic Express, the signal overhaul, all of it. | 奥运特快 信号检修 所有的一切 |
[40:03] | And you’re okay accepting private funds? | 你同意收私人资金吗 |
[40:04] | We have to. It’s the only way we can keep | 我们必须收 否则我们的 |
[40:06] | the lines running at this point. | 资金链就断了 |
[40:10] | Oh, I’m a moon jelly. | 我是个幽灵水母 |
[40:11] | I drift with the tides, | 我随波逐流 |
[40:13] | and they’ve turned. | 而潮汐变了 |
[40:15] | I’m back on Team Olympics. | 我回到奥运队了 |
[40:17] | No. I’m just happy I can help. | 不 很高兴我能帮上忙 |
[40:20] | Sruthi? | 司璐茜 |
[40:21] | Let’s get started right now. | 我们现在开始吧 |
[40:23] | Mark? | 马克 |
[40:26] | We don’t have a second to lose. | 我们一秒都不能浪费了 |
[40:36] | Damn. | 该死 |
[40:40] | Colin Drache. | 柯林·德拉赫 |
[40:41] | The unknown on the chopper that night? | 那晚在直升机上的人 |
[40:43] | I looked into him. | 我查了他 |
[40:44] | If we’re trying to catch a fixer, | 如果我们想抓住犯人的话 |
[40:45] | my money’s on this bub. | 我赌是这个家伙 |
[40:46] | He’s not a Commission member? | 他不是委员会的成员 |
[40:48] | He used to be Commish, | 他以前是 |
[40:49] | but he left under a cloud of suspicion after Sochi. | 但在索契冬奥会后 他就在怀疑之下离开了 |
[40:52] | Word is he ended up with a villa | 有传言说 他通过自己的努力 |
[40:55] | on the Black Sea for his efforts. | 最终在黑海买了一套别墅 |
[40:57] | He’s “consulted” on all the games since. | 从那以后 他为所有奥运竞标做”顾问” |
[41:00] | Have any charges been brought? | 有什么指控吗 |
[41:02] | – Anything been proven? – Guy’s a Vaselined watermelon. | – 任何已经证实的 – 他滑溜得不行 |
[41:05] | Where there’s smoke, there’s always burning piles of money. | 哪里冒出了烟 哪里就是烧钱的地方 |
[41:08] | We’re taking this to Sweeney. | 我们把这个交给斯威尼 |
[41:09] | I’m going to pass on another uninvited bust-in. | 我不参加这次突袭了 |
[41:11] | That hasn’t worked out for me this week. | 这周我运势不好 |
[41:13] | Fine. Call your private eye. | 好吧 打给你的私家侦探 |
[41:15] | See what he can find on Colin Drache. | 看他能查到柯林·德拉赫的什么 |
[41:22] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! Drop that fork | 在你吃一大口垃圾食品前 |
[41:24] | before you take a mouthful of bung! | 放下叉子 |
[41:27] | What the hell, Chuck? This is salad niçoise. | 怎么了 查克 这是尼斯沙拉 |
[41:29] | Uh-huh, so they say, | 他们是这么说的 |
[41:31] | but you never know. | 但谁知道呢 |
[41:32] | If prepared the right way, | 只要准备得当 |
[41:34] | pig rectum can pass for calamari. | 猪大肠都能做成炸鱿鱼 |
[41:36] | Often does. Yep. | 经常这么干 |
[41:38] | Bung on your tongue. | 堵住你的舌头 |
[41:44] | And now you’ve ruined my appetite. | 现在你让我没胃口了 |
[41:46] | Mike Prince has prepared a golden brown Olympic bid, | 迈克尔·普林斯准备用翔申奥 |
[41:50] | and he’s served it to you with a smile | 他面带微笑给你端来了 |
[41:52] | and a little ramekin of marinara. | 还挤好了番茄酱 |
[41:54] | But, as with all things that man does, | 但是 就像他做的所有事一样 |
[41:56] | it’s not as genuine as it appears. | 没有看起来那么真诚 |
[41:59] | This shit again? | 又是这些屁话 |
[42:00] | Look, Chuck, I tried playing for your side. | 查克 我试过站你那边 |
[42:02] | I really did. | 我真的努力过了 |
[42:03] | The man came back with a baseball bat | 那个人拿着棒球棒回来了 |
[42:05] | and took it to my budget | 还算进了我的预算里 |
[42:06] | like Sonny LoSpecchio in Bronx Tale. | 就像《布朗克斯的故事》的桑尼·洛·斯佩奇奥一样 |
[42:08] | And as with the offense that inspired that work, | 就像被冒犯后写出了作品一样 |
[42:10] | the truth of Prince’s misdeeds will come out. | 普林斯的罪行很快就会大白于天下 |
[42:13] | He’s using a fixer to move the Commission. | 他利用中间人左右委员会 |
[42:15] | Get ahead on this. | 开始吧 |
[42:17] | Stop backing the Olympics and save yourself | 别再支持奥运了 也拉自己一把 |
[42:20] | from going down with him. | 免得和他一起玩完 |
[42:21] | You got a case? | 你有案子 |
[42:23] | Because every bid has a consultant, Chuck. | 每个投标案都有顾问 查克 |
[42:26] | And most of these guys aren’t winning any civic awards. | 大部分都不是什么好人 |
[42:28] | So surely you can prove all this. | 所以你肯定能证明 |
[42:29] | Oh, I’m building one. | 我正在挖掘 |
[42:31] | Hell of a case. | 棘手的案子 |
[42:33] | I want the Olympics now, Chuck. In fact, I need them. | 我现在想要奥运 查克 事实上 我需要它们 |
[42:37] | The games are gonna do good things for the city, | 奥运会对这个城市有帮助 |
[42:39] | like fix the subways. | 比如修地铁 |
[42:40] | And for me, it’s gonna launch me onto | 对我个人 它能把我带到 |
[42:42] | the national political stage. | 国际政治舞台 |
[42:44] | But think of the downside, | 但想想坏处 |
[42:45] | the adverse consequences for the city. | 对城市的不良后果 |
[42:47] | So it’ll enrich Mike Prince and his “steering committee” | 它会让迈克尔·普林斯和他的”指导委员会” |
[42:50] | of other billies a bit more. | 比其他人赚的多一点 |
[42:52] | But none of this would’ve happened without their cash. | 但如果没有他们的钱 什么都干不了 |
[42:55] | So the pros outweigh the cons. | 所以利大于弊 |
[43:05] | Colin’s here. | 柯林来了 |
[43:07] | This’ll be a quick meeting. | 这个会议会很快 |
[43:09] | Let’s go clinch these games. | 我们去加最后一把火吧 |
[43:13] | Well, congratulations are in order. | 恭喜的话都准备好了 |
[43:15] | You’ve put in one hell of a bid. | 你们竞标准备得很不错 |
[43:17] | The Commission is impressed. | 组委会都印象深刻 |
[43:19] | Well, we couldn’t have done it without your guidance, Colin. | 没有你的引导我们可做不到 柯林 |
[43:21] | The stadium, the venues, the scholarships. | 体育场 场馆和奖金 |
[43:25] | The Olympic Express was a great idea. | 奥林匹克快线是个不错的想法 |
[43:27] | They really like the sound of that one. | 他们很满意这个的反响 |
[43:29] | As did the MTA. | 交通运输局也是 |
[43:31] | You’ve now given them every reason to choose New York… | 现在纽约变得非常抢手了 |
[43:36] | except for one. | 但是 |
[43:38] | As I say, all are impressed, | 如我所述 他们都很满意 |
[43:40] | but there are certain parties… | 但是有一些党派 |
[43:43] | that, um, | 那些 |
[43:45] | may still need to be… | 可能还需要再 |
[43:52] | inspired. | 启发一下 |
[44:00] | Would you gentlemen excuse us? | 我们俩单独聊聊 |
[44:11] | I know what a two-person meeting means. | 我知道一对一会议代表着什么 |
[44:13] | And I know what happens to someone | 我也知道这么干的人 |
[44:14] | when they go down this road. | 会有什么下场 |
[44:16] | You’re gonna wake up tomorrow a different person | 你明早起来会发现你自己变了个人 |
[44:18] | in ways you don’t see for a long time. | 且你不会意识到 |
[44:20] | Even if it gets you the games, | 不要这么做 |
[44:22] | don’t do it. | 就算它让你赢下奥运会 |
[44:24] | You know why Scooter went straight back to his office? | 你知道为什么斯科特直接回到他的办公室么 |
[44:27] | Because he knows what I know. | 因为我知道的他也知道 |
[44:29] | I’ll be fine. | 我不会有事的 |
[44:56] | Do you think Rankin will use our ratings program | 你觉得评估公司用我们的评分系统 |
[44:57] | to actually issue better ratings? | 真的是用来更好地评分么 |
[44:59] | Or will they sit on it now that it’s no longer a threat | 或者他们只是要控制它 所以它不再是威胁 |
[45:02] | and go back to business as usual? | 然后回归平常 |
[45:03] | Honestly, I don’t know. | 老实说 我不知道 |
[45:06] | Are you here to clear your conscience? | 你在这跟我说我当初不该卖给他们 |
[45:08] | Tell me I did the wrong thing by selling to them? | 是来认清自己的良知么 |
[45:11] | Honestly, no. | 不是 |
[45:12] | I’m sure you had a reason. | 我敢肯定你这么做是有原因的 |
[45:14] | I did. | 确实 |
[45:24] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你的来电 |
[45:26] | Call me with anything else you turn up. Yeah. | 有什么新发现再打给我 |
[45:34] | We’ve got to scoop up Colin Drache and sweat him. | 我们找到柯林·德拉赫的把柄了 |
[45:37] | I just got the Intel back from my guy. | 刚刚从线人那得到消息 |
[45:39] | We may finally have something. | 现在终于有发现了 |
[45:41] | There’s a web of wire transfers attached to Drache. | 有一个与柯林·德拉赫联系的电汇网 |
[45:44] | Can they be traced back to Prince? | 源头能追踪到普林斯 |
[45:46] | Or to any rogue ICS members? | 或者任何其他的社会公约成员么 |
[45:48] | We can’t tell where the wires came from, | 我们无法辨别网汇的源头 |
[45:50] | or their final destination. | 或者是终点 |
[45:51] | But Drache recently received five million dollars | 但是德拉赫近期收到了 |
[45:54] | to an offshore account. | 来自一个沿海的账户的五百万 |
[45:55] | If that money came from Mike Prince… | 如果是迈克·普林斯发起的 |
[45:57] | Can we be sure? | 能确定么 |
[45:59] | It’s just as likely those wires came from | 也可能是从墨西哥城 |
[46:01] | the Mexico City or Prague bids. | 或者是布拉格竞标人那来的 |
[46:02] | Colin’s had contact with all of them at different points. | 柯林在不同的时间段与他们都有接触 |
[46:05] | Your P.I. can’t untangle the knot? | 你的线人解决不了吗 |
[46:07] | Not without the voluntary cooperation of the banks. | 必须得有银行自愿的帮助 |
[46:09] | Well, then there’s only one way to know for sure. | 现在只有一个能确定的方法 |
[46:12] | If the confetti falls on New York tonight, | 如果今晚纽约上空飘着彩带 |
[46:14] | we’ll know that Prince’s payment to Colin Drache got it done. | 那就是普林斯给德拉赫转钱的结果 |
[46:16] | And we grab Drache right there. | 然后我们现场抓住他 |
[46:18] | Snatch him up before the announcement is made. | 在正式宣布之前拿下他 |
[46:27] | We sure Prague isn’t gonna take this from us? | 确定布拉格不会跟我们抢这个么 |
[46:29] | The Vegas books had it at a 20.7% implied probability. | 维加斯的资料显示隐含概率为二十点七 |
[46:32] | London at 20 even. | 伦敦则是二十 |
[46:34] | So am I gonna have a bunch of angry | 所以明天早上 |
[46:36] | construction workers busting my onions tomorrow morning? | 会有一堆建筑工人来我这哭鼻子 |
[46:39] | Nah. | 不会 |
[46:40] | I woke up joyful today. | 我今早醒来心情愉悦 |
[46:42] | My body tells me we’ll win this. | 它告诉我我们必将拿下 |
[46:44] | Thank you to the candidate cities | 感谢所有候选城市 |
[46:47] | for your incredible bid presentations. | 呈现的精彩的投标演讲 |
[46:50] | All were worthy. | 所有的都质量上乘 |
[46:52] | But one bid stood above all the others. | 但是其中一支投标尤为出彩 |
[46:54] | And the International Commission of Sport | 国际体育组委会 |
[46:57] | has the honor of announcing | 很荣幸的宣布 |
[46:59] | that the Olympic Games in 2028 | 获得2028年的奥林匹克会 |
[47:02] | are awarded to… | 举办权的是 |
[47:08] | New York City! | 纽约 |
[47:10] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[47:21] | You actually did the thing. | 你真的做到了 |
[47:22] | We did. | 我们成功了 |
[47:38] | Hey, everybody, let’s go out and celebrate with the city! | 大伙们 让我们到外头和纽约城一起欢呼吧 |
[47:40] | This is exciting. | 这太振奋人心了 |
[47:41] | I feel like I won the gold. | 我感觉我拿到金牌了 |
[47:43] | I’m filled with patriotic fervor. | 我的爱国热情高涨 |
[47:45] | It feels heady, just like a whip-it. | 感觉晕乎乎的 跟吸了笑气似的 |
[47:48] | Hey, good job. | 干得不错 |
[47:54] | – Well done, Mike. – Thanks for your help. | – 好样的 迈克 – 谢谢您的帮助 |
[47:56] | You did a lot to make this happen today. | 我们今天的成功你必不可少 |
[48:00] | Thank you for the recognition. | 谢谢认可 |
[48:01] | But I thought you didn’t like my move. | 我以为你不赞同我的行动 |
[48:03] | I didn’t mind what you did. I mind how you did it. | 我不在乎你做什么 我只在乎你怎么去做 |
[48:06] | I’m not the drunk dad in the family. | 我不是家庭里喝醉的老爸 |
[48:07] | You don’t need to make secret plans | 你考虑怎么在圣诞节 |
[48:09] | about how to manage me at Christmas, | 秘密处理我 |
[48:10] | where to hide the booze. | 或者把酒藏起来 |
[48:12] | I can know these things. | 你不必在我面前隐瞒 |
[48:27] | 2028 2028! | |
[48:41] | There he is. | 找到他了 |
[48:45] | New York, we did it! | 我们做到了 纽约 |
[48:47] | 2028’s gonna be an incredible time in this city! | 2028年将是纽约城难忘的一年 |
[48:57] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[49:10] | Drache is gone. | 德拉赫走了 |
[49:14] | Vaselined watermelon motherfucker! | 这滑溜的家伙跑的真挺快啊 |
[49:18] | Oh, of course he’s gone, Dave. | 他当然已经走了 戴芙 |
[49:20] | He never existed. | 他从来就没有存在过 |
[49:22] | But look who’s still up there. | 但是看看谁还在上面站着 |
[49:23] | Mike Prince and friends. | 迈克·普林斯和他的朋友 |
[49:25] | Prince didn’t pull this off all by his lonesome. | 事到如今 普林斯是有团伙的 |
[49:28] | He and his cabal of rich cronies | 他和他卑鄙朋友 |
[49:30] | steamrolled the city and the state | 竭力推动了这座城市和州政府 |
[49:32] | and elements of the goddamned Commission of Sport | 还有体育组委会的成员 |
[49:34] | to get this done. | 才得手 |
[49:36] | So we separate Prince from his power base. | 所以我们将普林斯和他的支援分离 |
[49:38] | Mmm-hmm. Let him fall like the smoke from the fireworks | 对 让他如同天上滑落的烟灰 |
[49:41] | drifting down on this fine city. | 一样坠落吧 |
[50:00] | Well, another win for the good guys, right? | 好人又赢了一把 是吧 |
[50:03] | I think it’s a win for all of us. | 我觉得是我们所有人的胜利 |
[50:05] | The city. The country. The whole thing. | 这座城市 这个国家 所有的一切 |
[50:10] | Smile, Chuck. | 笑笑 查克 |
[50:12] | You’re on the winning team this time. | 这次你在赢的一队 |
[50:16] | Nah. I’m staying on my side. | 不 我坚持自己的立场 |
[50:20] | And losers for now will be later to win. | 此刻的败者将是未来的赢家 |
[50:22] | Right? | 对吧 |
[50:24] | No surprise there. | 像是你能说出来的话 |
[50:49] | We’re gonna drink this down. | 我们喝几杯庆祝一下 |
[50:50] | Oh, that sounds good, but I can’t stay. | 听起来好极了 但是我得走了 |
[50:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[50:55] | You can come with, but I have to go back | 你可以跟来 但是我得 |
[50:57] | to the St. Regis to pack. | 回瑞吉酒店收拾行李 |
[50:58] | Pack? | 收拾啥啊还 |
[50:59] | – We just won. – Hell, yeah, we won! | – 我们刚赢了 – 是呀 赢了 |
[51:02] | But before the games, I need spend time in the mountains, | 但是在赛事开始之前 我要和 |
[51:05] | climbing with prospective team members. | 未来的队员们一起爬山训练 |
[51:06] | You’re competing here. | 你在本地参赛 |
[51:08] | Don’t you need to practice on location? | 你不该在本地排练么 |
[51:09] | The best training atmosphere for me now, is out west. | 对我来说最好的训练气氛是在西边 |
[51:12] | – You know that. – Yeah, but I thought | – 你又不是不知道 – 对 但是我以为 |
[51:14] | we were gonna try, here, us? | 我们一起要在这里试试 |
[51:17] | Like we talked about. | 我们不是这么聊的么 |
[51:19] | Yeah, we also talked about you being willing | 但是我们也聊了你愿意飞去布拉格 |
[51:21] | to fly to Prague, remember? | 你难道忘了么 |
[51:23] | Much shorter flights to Denver. | 去丹佛可近多了 |
[51:28] | So the work falls on me again. | 所以又是我来努力了 |
[51:34] | Is that how you feel? | 你是那么想的吗 |
[51:38] | No. It’s not. | 不 |
[51:41] | I just need to know that you’re in it, too. | 我就是想知道你也和我一起 |
[51:47] | My level of commitment, | 我对于 |
[51:48] | to everything I do, | 所有事情的投入 |
[51:50] | has not been in doubt since summer camp | 从我八岁那年的夏令营之后 |
[51:52] | when I was 8. | 就从未改变 |
[51:54] | The rock wall. | 那个石墙 |
[51:56] | Yeah. Four-sided. | 没错 四面 |
[51:58] | They made us put on lipstick to climb it. | 他们强迫我们涂着口红攀爬 |
[52:00] | There were photos of heartthrobs, | 上面还有男明星的照片 |
[52:02] | like Johnny Depp and Michael J. Fox. | 强尼·德普和迈克尔 J. 福克斯 |
[52:04] | And we had to put a big lipstick kiss on one | 当我们爬到头时 |
[52:06] | when we made it to the top. | 还要对着海报亲一口 |
[52:08] | I had a different version of that action | 我在篮球营的更衣室里 |
[52:10] | in the locker room at basketball camp. | 也有差不多的活动 |
[52:14] | The Olympics mean | 这次奥运会 |
[52:16] | something very different to me than they do to you. | 对你和我的意义大有不同 |
[52:20] | There’s a gold medal waiting now, | 等着我的是金牌 |
[52:22] | not some lipstick-smeared photo of River Phoenix. | 而不是印满口红印的里华·冯力士照片 |
[52:25] | This is everything | 这是我一生训练 |
[52:27] | I ever worked for. | 的目标 |
[52:28] | And I need you to put in the time | 我需要你去投入时间 |
[52:31] | to do the work, | 付出努力 |
[52:33] | and climb for the kiss. | 然后赢得那个吻 |
[52:45] | Yes. | 好 |
[52:47] | Yes, you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[52:50] | And I will. | 我会做的 |
[52:57] | Well, then, you can open that bottle of champagne. | 那现在你可以把那瓶香槟打开了 |
[52:59] | I can pack in the morning. | 我早上再收拾 |
[53:56] | I reached Wendy. | 我找过温迪了 |
[53:57] | She sends her apologies. | 她向她道歉了 |
[53:59] | She doesn’t think Chuck’s gonna show either. | 她也没以为查克会来 |
[54:00] | Oh, really? | 真的么 |
[54:03] | Well, dinner is ready. | 晚餐好了 |
[54:06] | Would you, uh, get the children | 你能把孩子叫下来 |
[54:08] | and maybe come and join me? | 然后和我共进晚餐么 |
[54:10] | – Yeah, I’ll-I’ll check. – Okay, thank you. | – 好的 我会叫的 – 谢谢 |
[54:31] | They’re not hungry. | 他们不饿 |
[54:34] | Well, take a seat. | 好吧 坐吧 |
[54:36] | Have dinner with me. | 和我一起享用晚餐吧 |
[54:39] | This is a Long Island Fluke Crudo, | 这是长岛福科克鲁多 |
[54:41] | with gooseberry and sea beans. | 配醋栗和海豆 |
[54:48] | So good. Holy sh…, Chef, | 味道真好 真… 厨师 |
[54:50] | that’s… wow. | 味道好极了 |
[54:52] | Thank you. Bon appétit. | 谢谢你 好好享用吧 |