时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I want to introduce the chairman of | 我要向大家介绍 |
[00:07] | the NYC 2028 Olympic Commission, | 纽约2028年奥组委主席 |
[00:09] | Michael Prince. | 迈克尔·普林斯 |
[00:11] | Thank you, Mayor Johnson. | 谢谢 约翰逊市长 |
[00:12] | You promised me a winning season, Chuck. | 你和我保证我们会大获全胜 查克 |
[00:14] | Running out of time before I’ll have to quit, | 如果时间所剩无几 我就不得不放弃了 |
[00:15] | campaign 25/8. | 去25/8区竞选 |
[00:17] | I can’t lose my MVP yet. I need you, Kate. | 我还不能失去我的最佳选手 我需要你 凯特 |
[00:20] | Chuck Rhoades is fucking with our Wi-Fi play. | 查克·罗兹给我们的无线网计划搞破坏 |
[00:21] | The only winner in this hopeless fucking outing | 在这场无望的比赛中唯一的赢家 |
[00:24] | is gonna be your chief legal counsel. | 会是你那个首席法律顾问 |
[00:26] | You think I’m concerned because you | 你觉得我会因为你之前把我的无线网计划 |
[00:27] | brought my Wi-Fi play back to Chuck? | 透露给查克而担心 |
[00:29] | It’s how I know that you’ll serve me loyally as well, | 正因如此我才知道你也会对我同样忠诚 |
[00:31] | until I help get you elected to Congress. | 直到我帮你当上国会议员 |
[00:33] | You made a deal that you knew would displease me. | 你做了明知道会冒犯我的交易 |
[00:35] | I thought we could actually change the world. | 我本来以为我们能真正地改变世界 |
[00:37] | If you want to change the world, nine digits ain’t gonna do it. | 如果你想改变世界 一亿元远远不够 |
[00:39] | How could you, Kate? | 你怎么能这样 凯特 |
[00:41] | After all I taught you. | 在我教了你那么多之后 |
[00:42] | You made me wait. | 你让我等太久了 |
[00:44] | What if the professor isn’t done teaching? | 要是这位教授的授课还没结束呢 |
[00:45] | This is business. | 这是生意场 |
[00:47] | This is what not having a soft landing feels like. | 这就是没有后路可退的感觉 |
[00:48] | You tear your butt when you hit the ground. | 你摔到地上的时候屁股也会摔开花 |
[00:50] | Mike Prince and his daughters | 麦克普林斯和他的女儿 |
[00:52] | made the world a better place today. | 今天让世界更美好 |
[00:54] | I lost my advantage. | 我失去优势了 |
[00:56] | I failed to protect my goddamn queen. | 我没能留住我闪闪发光的女王 |
[00:59] | Welcome to Michael Prince Capital, Kate. | 欢迎来到迈克尔·普林斯资本 凯特 |
[01:21] | My God, let me finish! | 我的天 让我说完 |
[01:24] | When was I not letting you finish? | 我什么时候不让你说了 |
[01:40] | Worked pretty well in Stand and Deliver too. | 在《为人师表》里也同样奏效 |
[01:43] | Life lesson, | 人生经验 |
[01:45] | always carry a cleaver. | 随身带把切肉刀 |
[01:47] | Oh, wait. No. | 哦 等等 |
[01:49] | That’s not really the lesson. | 这不是我要说的 |
[01:50] | The lesson is, | 这门课是学会 |
[01:52] | know how to change the mood in a room quickly | 如何快速扭转屋子里的气氛 |
[01:55] | and with authority. | 并且富有权威 |
[01:57] | Now, look, I get what you’re fighting over. | 我知道你们想要什么 |
[01:59] | I do. | 我知道了 |
[02:00] | Coding team wants more of the budget | 编程小队想要更多的预算 |
[02:02] | because you can’t make a great app without great code. | 因为没有好的代码就做不出好软件 |
[02:04] | Sales team wants more because who cares about the damn code… | 销售小队也想要更多 因为谁会在意代码呢 |
[02:07] | You want to start moving product out the door. | 你们想把产品推销出去 |
[02:08] | Same with the marketing group. | 营销小队也一样 |
[02:10] | But here’s the deal. | 但真实情况是这样 |
[02:13] | Your customer can have two of these, | 你们的客户只能拥有其中两个 |
[02:15] | not three. | 而不是所有 |
[02:17] | Cheap and fast can’t also be good. | 低价 高效的东西不可能好 |
[02:19] | Good and fast can’t also be cheap. | 优质 高效的东西也不可能便宜 |
[02:21] | So you can fight over turf, | 所以你们要么争夺市场 |
[02:24] | or… | 要么 |
[02:26] | you can figure out a vision. | 你们可以想个办法 |
[02:30] | Let the budget sort itself out. | 让预算来决定 |
[02:32] | Or I can double it. | 要我就出双倍预算 |
[02:34] | Everybody gets what they want, | 人人都能得到想要的 |
[02:36] | and I get a word with the teacher outside. | 而我能请老师出来说几句 |
[02:38] | Not sure that’s the right lesson. | 这应该不是我要讲的课 |
[02:40] | Most important one: “Money makes the rules.” | 恰恰是最重要的 有钱能使鬼推磨 |
[02:43] | I’m surprised an esteemed charter school like this | 我真惊讶这所高级的特许学校 |
[02:45] | hasn’t hammered it into their heads. | 还没把这句话焊牢在你们脑子里 |
[02:48] | Why scrap over capital when you can raise it? | 在能提升资本的时候 为什么要削减 |
[02:50] | Group, we’re gonna take five | 学生们 我们休息一会 |
[02:53] | while Mr. Prince makes out his check. | 让普林斯先生有机会开张支票 |
[02:56] | If you came here to impress a bunch of | 如果你来这里是为了给这群青年企业家 |
[02:59] | teenage entrepreneurs… | 留下深刻印象 |
[03:00] | Trying to impress you. | 是为了吸引你 |
[03:01] | Hire you. How am I doing? | 雇佣你 我做的怎么样 |
[03:03] | You opening a charter school? | 你也要开特许学校吗 |
[03:05] | Not for your side gig. Your main gig. | 不是为了你的副业 而是你的主业 |
[03:07] | They take care of me at the fund I’m at. | 我在的基金公司很照顾我 |
[03:08] | Hmm-hmm. That’s why your resume’s floating around. | 这就是你为什么老是跳槽 |
[03:12] | In my weaker moments, I sometimes think about | 在我弱小的时候 我时常想 |
[03:14] | what I could do in a place built for speed and power. | 我能在这个速度和权力共存之地做些什么 |
[03:16] | Then you’re talking to the right guy. | 那我就是你要找的人 |
[03:27] | what’d you do? | 你要做什么 |
[03:29] | Nothing. | 不做什么 |
[03:31] | Women can be irrational, we know this. | 女人最烦了 你知道的 |
[03:33] | “We” do not. What’d you do? | 我是不知道 你到底要做什么 |
[03:34] | Not a thing. | 真不做什么 |
[03:36] | I went unattended to a couples dinner. | 我一个人去了情侣晚餐 |
[03:38] | Willow had a cold, so Roxanne couldn’t go. | 小柳生病了 所以洛葛仙妮去不了 |
[03:40] | And the distaff side of the other couple | 另一对情侣里的女孩 |
[03:42] | was a fetching brunette… | 是个迷人的黑发美女 |
[03:44] | Yeah, you had an affair. Spare me the Penthouse Forum. | 所以你出轨了 不用扯什么《阁楼快报》了 |
[03:47] | No-siree-Bob. Nothing physical. | 不是 不是肉体的 |
[03:49] | Developed a kinship | 和朱迪斯·费尔克 罗恩的老婆 |
[03:51] | with Judith Felker, Ron’s wife, | 建立一种紧密关系 |
[03:54] | over how thin the consommé was. | 关于炖菜为什么这么淡 |
[03:57] | So uh, Roxanne kicked you out over dinner table chatter? | 所以 洛葛仙妮不让你上餐桌了 |
[04:01] | Well, the next six days of text chatter didn’t help. | 连发了六天的短信也无济于事 |
[04:04] | Did you know that Face ID works when you’re asleep? | 你知道你睡觉的时候面部ID也可以用吗 |
[04:07] | Why wouldn’t it? | 为什么不能 |
[04:08] | You oughta go after Big Tech. | 你要去换个好点的手机了 |
[04:11] | I dozed off mid-emoji, | 我发表情包的时候睡着了 |
[04:12] | Roxanne grabbed the damn phone and saw it all. | 洛葛仙妮把我手机抢过去 全看到了 |
[04:15] | I’ll just drop this here while I test the beds, | 我把东西先放这 |
[04:18] | pick out a room. | 我就去试试床 挑个房间 |
[04:36] | The thing about self-help is, | 自助就是 |
[04:38] | if you’re getting it fromsomeone else it’s not self, | 如果你从别人那里得到帮助 就不是自助 |
[04:40] | and if you’re doing it yourself, you didn’t really get help. | 如果你要自己做 就得不到帮助 |
[04:48] | Carlin. | 卡林 |
[04:49] | George Carlin. No? | 乔治·卡林 没听过吗 |
[04:51] | Yeah. All-time great. | 对 名留青史 |
[04:53] | But not quite like Coach Wooden. | 但不像伍登教练 |
[04:55] | See, he wasn’t an entertainer. | 你看 他不是个喜剧演员 |
[04:58] | He understood life. | 他理解生活 |
[05:00] | Codified what he learned, | 把他学到的东西写成书 |
[05:01] | taught it to his basketball players, | 不仅教给他的队员 |
[05:03] | made it available to the rest of us. | 我们也受益匪浅 |
[05:05] | As I am now making it available to you. | 就像我教你的 |
[05:08] | “Initiative,” “skill,” | “主动” “技巧” |
[05:10] | it all seems kinda… basic. | 所有这些看起来都是那么的… 基本 |
[05:14] | Not ItsMeTinx basic. Like what it used to mean. | 不是克里斯蒂娜·纳贾尔那种 是字面的意思 |
[05:16] | I met him once, when we won State’s. | 我见过他一次 那时候他们赢了州赛 |
[05:18] | Fundamental, not basic. It’s different. | 基础 不是基本 这两者不同 |
[05:21] | What’d he teach ya? | 他教你了什么 |
[05:22] | How to put on my socks and shoes. | 怎么穿好袜子再穿鞋 |
[05:24] | How to lace ’em up and tie ’em right. | 怎么穿鞋带再把它们系好 |
[05:26] | Know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[05:27] | Blisters? | 水泡吗 |
[05:29] | To remember that every season, | 要记住每个赛季 |
[05:30] | we start again from the beginning. | 我们都要从头来过 |
[05:32] | We were champions of this season. Not the next. | 我们只是这个赛季的赢家 下个不一定 |
[05:35] | So we’d better do everything right. | 所以我们要尽善尽美 |
[05:38] | Plus, yeah, blisters. | 当然 还有水泡 |
[05:41] | Not self-help. | 不是自助 |
[05:43] | Help. | 是帮助 |
[05:54] | – Who’s that? – Beats me. | – 他是谁 – 不认识 |
[05:56] | Ten bucks says he doesn’t have any blisters. | 我赌十美元他没有水泡 |
[06:34] | Remember, you’re bowing to the Buddha, not me. | 记住 你在对佛陀鞠躬 不是我 |
[06:37] | Yes. | 好的 |
[06:42] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[06:44] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[06:46] | Is that the first sign of readiness, do we think? | 这是准备好的初始标志吗 |
[06:50] | Stating it. | 说说吧 |
[06:53] | Are you suggesting I’m not ready to take refuge? | 你是说我还没准备好皈依佛门吗 |
[06:57] | Because I have to. | 因为我必须这样 |
[07:00] | I need to. | 我需要这样 |
[07:03] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[07:05] | Vegan ice cream. | 素食冰淇淋 |
[07:06] | A gift for you. It’s the best… | 给你的礼物 这是最好的… |
[07:08] | No. | 不是 |
[07:10] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[07:12] | A gift for you, as I said. | 给你的礼物 我说了 |
[07:15] | I made it myself. | 我自己做的 |
[07:16] | For what purpose? | 为了什么 |
[07:18] | For… to, uh… | 为了…呃 |
[07:22] | To curry favor. | 为了讨好 |
[07:24] | The very sweetness of the cream | 这么做的话 冰淇淋的香甜 |
[07:27] | is bitter in this way. | 就会变成苦涩 |
[07:28] | Do not buy friendship | 不要试图买来 |
[07:30] | or comfort. | 友情与安逸 |
[07:35] | Where I come from, | 我在的地方 |
[07:38] | everything’s a transaction. | 什么都可以用钱买到 |
[07:41] | Where you’re going… | 你的目的地… |
[07:43] | a commitment to the Buddha, | 对佛陀 |
[07:44] | the Dharma, the Sangha, | 对佛法 对僧伽的忠诚 |
[07:47] | the goal is to avoid being transactional at all. | 一个永远远离物欲的目标 |
[07:52] | Can you do this? | 你能做到吗 |
[07:54] | Will you try? | 你会试试吗 |
[07:57] | I’ll start with a month. Go from there. | 我从一个月开始 远离那里 |
[08:00] | Start with a day. | 从一天开始 |
[08:02] | When I decide something… | 一旦我决定做些什么 |
[08:03] | Start with an hour, even a minute. | 从一小时开始 甚至一分钟 |
[08:07] | Then add a minute on to that one. | 然后一点点增加时间 |
[08:10] | That’s the work. | 这么做才对 |
[08:12] | We’ll meet again in four days, see how it’s going. | 四天之后我们再见 看看进展如何 |
[08:16] | You’re not sure I can refrain from transacting | 你不信我可以控制自己不做交易 |
[08:19] | for four days? | 哪怕四天都不行 |
[08:20] | Whether I’m sure matters not at all. | 我信不信不重要 |
[08:24] | Well, I am. | 好吧 |
[08:27] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[08:31] | All right, rack the bid, get it done. | 好的 挂牌竞标 尽快做好 |
[08:36] | What’s he, the new golden boy? | 他是谁 新的金童吗 |
[08:38] | Took Dollar Bill’s slot. | 占了比尔的位置 |
[08:40] | Probably looking for the actual dollar to steal too. | 他可能也在看着能不能真偷点钱出去 |
[08:44] | Coach Wooden always said, | 伍登教练总说 |
[08:45] | “I treat my players fairly, but not equally. | “我公正地对待每一个球员 却不会绝对平等 |
[08:48] | Depends on performance.” | 全靠个人表现” |
[08:49] | And that’s what we are evaluating now. Performance. | 我们现在评估的就是这个 业绩 |
[08:51] | Evaluate and decide who starts, who rides the pine… | 评估然后决定谁首发 谁坐冷板凳 |
[08:54] | And who gets their scholarship pulled. | 谁的奖金泡汤 |
[08:56] | Now, I’ve always believed you live in a house | 现在 我相信你们都住在大房子里 |
[08:57] | before renovating, | 起码在改革之前是 |
[08:59] | so you don’t sledgehammer a support beam, | 所以你不会猛砸支撑梁 |
[09:01] | put a Barcalounger where the bar should be. | 在本该是吧台的地方放躺椅 |
[09:04] | Well, our grace period here is coming to an end. | 好了 我们的安逸生活到此结束 |
[09:07] | This Friday, I’m reallocating capital at the firm. | 这周五 我会重新分配公司资本 |
[09:11] | If you change strategies, | 如果你们改变策略 |
[09:12] | if you stray from the fundamentals, | 如果你们从基本路线跑偏 |
[09:14] | I’ll see it, so don’t. | 我都看得见 所以别这样 |
[09:16] | Position sizing, focus, restraint… | 保持不动 专注 约束自己 |
[09:20] | consider them our load-bearing walls. | 把这些当作我们的承重墙 |
[09:23] | And, uh, oh, yeah, do your best. | 做到最好 |
[09:25] | For you. | 为了自己 |
[09:27] | To return to Coach Wooden, | 回报伍登教练 |
[09:29] | “You’re the only one who knows whether you’ve won.” | “只有自己才知道是赢是输” |
[09:34] | Pretty sure the guy carving up our trading dollars | 很确定那个拿走我们交易钱财的人 |
[09:36] | knows whether we’ve won. | 知道我们有没有赢 |
[09:38] | Was he looking at me when he said “Barcalounger?” | 他说 “躺椅”的时候是在看着我吗 |
[09:41] | Listen up: Quarter ends Friday. | 听着 这个季度到周五结束 |
[09:43] | If you fuck up, it’ll be locked in, | 如果你搞砸了 季报被锁定 |
[09:46] | and you’ll be locked out. | 然后你将会被拒之门外 |
[09:47] | What if you fuck up? | 如果你搞砸了呢 |
[09:48] | Then wake the hell up from your nightmare | 那你就赶快从噩梦里醒来吧 |
[09:51] | ’cause in this life, I don’t ever fuck up. | 因为活到现在 我从来没搞砸过 |
[10:00] | I know you don’t want me here. | 我知道你不希望我在这 |
[10:01] | Got that right. | 说对了 |
[10:12] | Book a room at the Yale Club for my father. | 为我爸在耶鲁俱乐部订一间房 |
[10:14] | Mr. Allard needs you. | 阿拉德先生找你 |
[10:19] | Have you decided who gets Sacker’s office yet? | 您决定让谁搬进塞克的办公室了吗 |
[10:22] | Bureau chiefs have been eyeing it. | 局长们都虎视眈眈 |
[10:26] | That’s Graceland, we’re not touching it. | 那是雅园 我们不会去碰它 |
[10:33] | Good. I need ya. | 很好 我需要你 |
[10:35] | No, you need Marie Kondo. | 不 你需要近藤麻理惠 |
[10:36] | Jesus Christ. | 开玩笑吧 |
[10:38] | You got Aaron Burr’s gun permit lost in here? | 你把阿伦·伯尔的持枪许可证忘在这里了吗 |
[10:40] | But let me guess, you know where everything is, | 但让我猜一猜 你知道所有东西都放在哪 |
[10:42] | down to the last carbon. | 甚至是一张复写纸 |
[10:44] | Nope. Not a clue. | 不 完全不知道 |
[10:46] | Where are we on the prosecutions Sacker left behind? | 关于塞克留下的的问题 我们到哪一步了 |
[10:49] | Flailing, Chuck. | 一团乱麻 查克 |
[10:50] | I have to admit, I’m not as savvy on the legal stuff | 我必须承认 我对法律方面的问题 |
[10:52] | as certain other aspects of the job. | 不如某些其他方面那么精通 |
[10:55] | Like this one. | 就像这个 |
[10:56] | Big seafood wholesaler. Mislabeled half its product, | 大型海产批发商 有一半的产品贴错了标签 |
[10:59] | stuck people with cheaper fish instead. | 把便宜的鱼卖给人家了 |
[11:01] | The seafood fraud case, we need a win on that. | 海产品欺诈案 我们需要在此案中胜诉 |
[11:03] | To stand with the consumers who’re being fleeced. | 与被欺骗的消费者们站在一起 |
[11:05] | Well, we may need a different opposing counsel. | 那么 我们或许需要另一个辩方律师 |
[11:07] | Lady’s a pit bull, won’t settle it out. | 她是一只斗牛犬 不会善罢甘休 |
[11:10] | Even though we got her dead to rights. | 即便我们让她死了心 |
[11:11] | I see that you did need me. Okay. | 看来你确实需要我 好吧 |
[11:15] | – I’ll handle it. – Good. | – 我会解决的 – 好 |
[11:18] | But that’s not why I needed ya. | 但这不是我需要你的原因 |
[11:20] | Last night, in a private suite at the Garden, | 昨晚 在花园酒店的一个私人套房里 |
[11:23] | a young woman walks up to Governor Sweeney, | 一个年轻女人走到斯威尼州长跟前 |
[11:26] | told him he’s wrecking the Empire State… | 告诉他 他正在破坏帝国大厦 |
[11:27] | – Hmm. – …and not that nicely. | – 嗯… – 而且不怎么礼貌 |
[11:31] | People heard it. | 人们听到了 |
[11:32] | My sources tell me it was Gail Prince. | 我的消息来源说 那是盖尔·普林斯 |
[11:35] | – Mike Prince’s… – Oh, I know who she is. | – 迈克尔·普林斯的… – 噢 我知道她是谁 |
[11:37] | Governor Sweeney still doesn’t. | 斯威尼州长仍不知道 |
[11:40] | Buffalo Bob finds that out, he’s gonna get ornery. | 水牛鲍勃发现了 他会勃然大怒 |
[11:44] | Page Six. Call over there and… | 第六页 打电话到那边去 然后… |
[11:45] | That I know how to do. | 我知道怎么做 |
[11:47] | This’ll be sweet. | 这再好不过了 |
[11:48] | As a Coolatta with extra syrup. | 甜过咖啡冰沙加上额外的糖浆 |
[11:50] | The Commission never awards the Games to a place | 委员会不会将奥运会安排到一个 |
[11:52] | it doesn’t feel completely welcome in. | 感觉上不是完全欢迎它的地方 |
[11:54] | So… | 所以 |
[11:56] | This should pretty much lead to the end | 这应该基本可以让迈克尔·普林斯的 |
[11:57] | of Mike Prince’s Olympic bid. | 申奥梦画上句号 |
[12:08] | Don’t call my mom till I can explain… | 在我可以解释前 不要告诉我妈妈 |
[12:10] | Mom already got the call. | 妈妈已经知道了 |
[12:14] | Let’s get Kate Sacker in here. | 让我们把凯特·塞克请进来 |
[12:16] | First, I’d like to get Philip Charyn out of here, | 首先 我想让菲利普·恰伦离开这里 |
[12:18] | and understand how he even got in. | 并了解他是怎么进来的 |
[12:19] | It was no setup. I looked at the resumes | 这不是什么陷阱 我看了猎头公司 |
[12:21] | the headhunter sent blind. | 盲派的简历 |
[12:23] | Who else has that many degrees from Stanford, | 还有谁有那么多斯坦福 |
[12:24] | and Yale and Chicago? You knew. | 耶鲁 还有芝加哥大学的学位 你知道的 |
[12:27] | You kept your nephew out of the Prince Companies for years. | 你多年来一直不让你的侄子进入普林斯资本 |
[12:30] | I win this round. | 这轮我赢了 |
[12:41] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[12:48] | Philip is Scooter’s sister’s kid. | 菲利普是斯科特姐姐的儿子 |
[12:50] | Managed $300 million in tech at his last firm. | 他在上一家公司管理着三亿的技术资本 |
[12:52] | Prince bought out his contract. | 普林斯买断了他的合同 |
[12:54] | That means he’ll get a big hunk of our allocations. | 这意味着他将得到我们的一大笔拨款 |
[12:56] | And our comp. | 还有我们的报酬 |
[12:58] | Don Fanucci’s nephew’s not touching my smock. | 唐·法努奇的侄子还没有碰过我的外披 |
[13:01] | For the record, offer me a basket | 我先说好 如果给我一个 |
[13:03] | of fruit and veggies, I’m taking it. | 装满果蔬的篮子 我会拿走的 |
[13:04] | Keep up the bucket shop bullshit and you’ll need it. | 继续你的水果店废话吧 你会需要的 |
[13:07] | Mike said no changing strategies. | 麦克说不要改变策略 |
[13:09] | Too bad for you, that means losing ones too. | 你真遗憾 那意味着你会失败 |
[13:12] | Oh, no fucking way I get bounced over you. | 哦 我才不会接你的话茬 |
[13:15] | Guys, since “sincerity” is the mortar | 朋友们 既然”真诚”是砂浆 |
[13:19] | that holds the “team spirit” and “loyalty” blocks together, | 将”团队精神”和”忠诚”这两块砖粘合在一起 |
[13:22] | maybe we share information. | 也许我们可以共享信息 |
[13:26] | Best practices? | 最佳做法 |
[13:28] | What is this Commie shit, from Little Red Book? | 这是什么狗屁理论 来自小红书吗 |
[13:30] | It’s from the pyramid. | 它来自组织金字塔 |
[13:33] | On the fridge? | 贴在冰箱上的 |
[13:41] | Biggest hurdle we’re facing, Governor Sweeney. | 我们面临的最大问题 斯威尼州长 |
[13:43] | The International Commission of Sport is shy, | 国际奥委会太胆小 |
[13:46] | won’t go where it’s not wanted. Never does. | 不会去不受欢迎的地方 从不例外 |
[13:47] | Which is why you’ll win him over | 所以你要在我为你安排的会议上 |
[13:49] | in the meeting I’ve set for you. | 赢得了他的青睐 |
[13:53] | Yeah, I work quick. | 是的 我工作很快 |
[13:54] | It’s what you brought me in for. | 这就是你挖我来的原因 |
[13:57] | I need to know what to expect | 我需要知道查克·罗兹 |
[13:57] | from Chuck Rhoades by way of interference. | 还有什么干扰的方式 |
[14:00] | I could use you on the floor. | 我能在楼下用你来 |
[14:02] | To clarify reallocation. | 澄清重新分配的问题 |
[14:04] | – I was perfectly clear. – As Baccarat crystal. | – 我说得很清楚了 – 像巴卡拉水晶的清楚 |
[14:06] | What I really need is a referee. | 我真正需要的是一个裁判员 |
[14:08] | It’s a captain’s practice, Wags. Work it out. | 这是队长的训练 瓦格斯 锻炼一下吧 |
[14:20] | I thought you were a vegan. | 我以为你是个素食主义者 |
[14:22] | It’s true what they say, “Never work for your heroes.” | 他们说的是真的 “不要为你的英雄工作” |
[14:34] | Nope. All of it is vegan. Flatware too. | 不 所有这些都是素食 餐具也是 |
[14:37] | Terravore, the plant-based meat company, | 泰拉沃尔 植物肉公司 |
[14:39] | just rolled up six other vegan innovators. | 刚刚吸纳了六位素食改革者 |
[14:40] | We’re buying in. | 我们正在买入 |
[14:42] | Um, the fork thing’s super cool, but Terravore’s | 呃 叉子的事情很酷 但泰拉沃尔 |
[14:44] | kind of a big fat yawn in the plant-based space. | 就像植物空间里无聊的瞌睡虫 |
[14:46] | India alone discards 120 billion plastic utensils a year. | 单印度一年就丢弃了一千两百亿塑料器皿 |
[14:50] | – The market potential’s robust. – The forks aren’t. | – 市场潜力巨大 – 叉子则不然 |
[14:52] | Millet’s pretty breakable, so pricey to ship. | 小米很容易坏 所以运输价格很高 |
[14:54] | Everybody’s allocation’s up for grabs. | 每个人得到的份额都是待价而沽的 |
[14:56] | This is the week to be ruthlessly strategic. | 这一周采用的是无情战略 |
[14:59] | Here’s the strategy, | 策略是这样的 |
[15:00] | We calculate the largest position | 我们计算能在泰拉沃尔买到的 |
[15:02] | we can buy in Terravore, then we buy it. | 最大头寸 然后我们买下 |
[15:14] | Governor thing just got a lot harder. | 州长的事情变得更难了 |
[15:16] | New York Post says Gail insulted him to his face. | 纽约邮报说盖尔当面侮辱了他 |
[15:19] | Practically spit in it. | 真的吐了口水 |
[15:21] | – My Gail? – Sorry to say. | – 我的盖尔 – 很抱歉这么说 |
[15:22] | It’s what I came to tell you. | 这是我来找你的原因 |
[15:24] | Your meeting with him is off, | 你和他的会面被取消了 |
[15:24] | unless Gail plans to be there to apologize | 除非盖尔计划在那里道歉 |
[15:27] | and then to publicly recant to the paper. | 然后在报上公开道歉 |
[15:29] | Get him on the phone. | 给他打电话 |
[15:33] | He’s not going to take my call, is he? | 他不打算接我的电话 对吗 |
[15:40] | Gail, it’s Dad. Call me back. | 盖尔 是爸爸 给我回电话 |
[15:42] | – I’ll reach her. Just, uh… – She might take my call. | – 我会联系她的 只是… – 她可能会接我电话 |
[15:45] | Not your job. | 这不是你的工作 |
[15:48] | I just needed you to see me on your call sheet today. | 我只是想让你在今天的通话单上看到我 |
[15:51] | To know I’m with you, regardless of who isn’t. | 要知道我和你在同一战线 不管别人在不在 |
[15:54] | “Rich Kid Schools Gov.” | “富家子弟学校的政府” |
[15:56] | Prince family punchline. | 普林斯家族的玩笑话 |
[15:59] | Monologue jokes can’t be far fucking behind. | 单口笑话真是一点都不过时 |
[16:01] | Allow me to suggest the proper tonic… | 请允许我来推荐适当的补品 |
[16:05] | a restorative trip to Lake Placid. | 去普莱西德湖的一次恢复旅行 |
[16:09] | And the state debt incurred during those Games. | 以及这些运动会期间产生的国家债务 |
[16:11] | Why is she lashing out at me? | 为什么她对我发火 |
[16:12] | Maybe because she actually… | 也许是因为她实际上… |
[16:14] | just goin’ out on a limb here… | 我只是猜啊… |
[16:15] | has a problem with the governor. | 对州长有意见 |
[16:17] | At the exact moment I’m wooing him for the Games? | 恰好在我为奥运会申办的这个时候吗 |
[16:20] | I say hear her out. | 我说听她说完 |
[16:22] | She’d have to pick up the phone for that. | 她得拿起电话才行 |
[16:25] | I’m calling a family summit. I need you to fly in | 我正在召集一个家庭会议 我需要你飞过来 |
[16:27] | to help the conversation flow and… | 以帮助交流的顺利进行以及… |
[16:29] | You need me to help get Gail there, | 你需要我把盖尔带到那 |
[16:31] | that’s what you need. | 这是你需要的 |
[16:32] | – Thank you. Yes. – I can’t. | – 谢谢你 是的 – 我不能 |
[16:34] | I’m packing for a different summit, Lizard Head Peak. | 我在为下一次登山收拾装备 蜥头峰 |
[16:37] | It’s only a five-day window, and not even you | 只有五天的时间窗口 即使你也不能 |
[16:39] | can raise the temperature by ten degrees. | 把温度提高十度 |
[16:40] | Our daughter just jacked it up by a lot more than that. | 我们的女儿把温度提高得比这还要多 |
[16:42] | I need everyone there so I can lower it. | 我需要每个人都到场 这样我才能降低它 |
[16:46] | She gets it from you, y’know. | 她遗传自你 你知道的 |
[16:48] | Not cowed by power, or anything, really. | 不被权力 或者其他任何事吓到 真的 |
[16:51] | I’m sending a plane. | 我派了一架飞机 |
[16:52] | You’ll be on Lizard Head before the anvil hits. | 你会在窗口结束之前到达蜥头峰顶 |
[16:53] | And if I drop everything for you, | 如果我为你放弃一切 |
[16:55] | what does that say to the kids? | 这对孩子们来说意味着什么呢 |
[16:57] | It says you’re strong enough not to stand on ceremony. | 会说你足够强大 不拘泥于虚礼 |
[17:03] | We’re 5X in Terravore now. And we were noisy. | 我们五倍投入了泰拉沃尔 我们压力很大 |
[17:05] | The Street knows we’re all-in. | 华尔街知道我们全力投入 |
[17:07] | Good. What about the call options? | 好 那么看涨期权呢 |
[17:08] | We’re out of the money. Like, way, way out. | 我们已经没钱了 一点都没有了 |
[17:10] | $20 above current price. | 每股比当前价格高二十美元 |
[17:11] | – Also good. – Why’s it good? | – 也很好 – 为什么好 |
[17:13] | These calls expire in weeks, | 这些期权在几周内过期 |
[17:14] | worthless if we don’t hit the target, which we won’t. | 如果达不到目标就毫无价值 现在还没达到 |
[17:17] | Either you know something we don’t, | 要么你知道一些我们不知道的东西 |
[17:18] | or you’re shoving a wrench into the gears as payback | 要么你为了报复普林斯砍掉非洲无线网计划 |
[17:21] | for Prince gutting the Africa Wi-Fi play. | 而故意搅局 |
[17:23] | My buy raised a red flag | 我的购入挂起了红旗 |
[17:25] | because it’s not customary for me, | 因为这对于我来说是不寻常的 |
[17:26] | so you’re here to wag a finger. | 所以你们来这里指指点点 |
[17:28] | But I’m comfortable with my decision. | 但我对自己的决定很满意 |
[17:30] | You can carry on with your day. | 你可以继续过完这一天了 |
[17:31] | Preempting me, | 抢我的话 |
[17:33] | satisfying as it may be for you, | 可能会令你满意 |
[17:34] | doesn’t change my warning. | 这不会改变我的警告 |
[17:37] | There is no bumping the pinball machine | 在迈克尔·普林斯资本 |
[17:39] | at Michael Prince Capital. | 不存在碰运气的游戏 |
[17:42] | Don’t do that. | 别这么做 |
[17:44] | But he’s right. | 但他是对的 |
[17:45] | You’re trading this stock as if you know something you shouldn’t. | 你的交易手法好像你知道一些不该知道的 |
[17:47] | And I won’t be the only one who sees this, which is why | 而且我不是唯一看到这点的人 所以 |
[17:49] | he dragged me in here even though I have better shit to do. | 他把我拉过来 尽管我还有其他糟心事去做 |
[17:51] | And if there is a bump. | 而且 如果这是在抬高股价 |
[17:54] | It carries criminal penalties. | 会带来刑事处罚 |
[17:56] | Not a bump or a nudge or a kick to the coin box. | 不是抬高股价或内幕信息 也不是搅局 |
[17:59] | I believe in the company. | 我相信这家公司 |
[18:01] | Then I believe I’ll be watching. | 那么我相信我会持续关注 |
[18:19] | Less imposing than I expected. | 比我想象的要少些气势 |
[18:21] | That’s the thing about government offices. | 这就是政府办公室 |
[18:22] | The power comes from the man, not the trappings. | 权力来自于人 而不是外物 |
[18:25] | What makes you think I’m talking about the trappings? | 什么让你认为我说的是外物呢 |
[18:30] | Ms. Mahar, | 马哈尔女士 |
[18:32] | – or may I call you Daevisha? – Call me Dave. | – 或者我可以叫你戴维莎吗 – 叫我戴芙 |
[18:34] | It’s good enough for Starbucks… | 在星巴克反正够用了 |
[18:35] | Dave, you can drop the posturing. | 戴芙 你可以放下装腔作势的那一套 |
[18:37] | Your client’s guilty, of literal bait-and-switch. | 你的客户因为使用了”诱售法”而有罪 |
[18:39] | I can assure you, what’s good enough for Starbucks | 我可以向你保证 对星巴克足够好的 |
[18:42] | isn’t good enough for the people of this state. | 对这个州的人来说还不够好 |
[18:43] | They want their fish called by their proper names. | 他们的鱼都要有专有的名字 |
[18:45] | Absolutely. | 绝对地 |
[18:47] | There’s no light between our positions. | 我们的位置之间并无不同 |
[18:49] | Well, other than the sweet burden of proof. | 除了你承受的 |
[18:51] | Which you bear. | 甜蜜的举证责任 |
[18:55] | You know, I read about you, and I expected… | 我读到过关于你的报道 我期待… |
[18:56] | Someone subservient? | 一个顺从的人 |
[18:58] | – No. A better person. – Oh. | – 不 一个更好的人 – 哦 |
[18:59] | Former public defender, first-generation American, | 前公共辩护律师 第一代美国人 |
[19:02] | defending predatory rip-offs? | 为掠夺性敲诈勒索辩护 |
[19:04] | You left out a couple of things on my resume. | 你遗漏了我简历上的一些事情 |
[19:06] | Like Harvard Law, my Fulbright, | 像是哈佛法学院毕业 富布赖特科学奖学金 |
[19:08] | and the fact that I’ve never lost a case. | 还有我从未输过一场官司的事实 |
[19:09] | Oh, I know. I called around, too. | 哦 我知道 我也问过这些 |
[19:12] | You used to be a killer for our side. | 你曾经是我们这边的杀手锏 |
[19:14] | Now you’re like those guys Erin Brockovich served water to. | 现在你就像《永不妥协》中让女主端茶的人 |
[19:17] | Difference is, I’d know she was bluffing, | 不同的是 我知道她在虚张声势 |
[19:20] | and I’d drink it down. Glug glug glug. | 我一口灌了下去 咕噜咕噜咕噜 |
[19:22] | Well, the difference is, I’m not bluffing. | 不同的是 我没有在虚张声势 |
[19:24] | I’ll be trying this case if it goes to court. | 如果这件案子上了法庭我会登庭的 |
[19:26] | No one else. | 没有别人了 |
[19:29] | I have a mountain of DNA evidence. | 我有大量的DNA证据 |
[19:31] | I’m Lancey Howard with the jack of diamonds in his hand. | 我是手中握有方块J的兰西·霍华德 |
[19:34] | Then it’s a good thing no one plays five card stud anymore. | 幸好现在没有人再玩梭哈了 |
[19:37] | I’m twice as ready as the Kid, anyway. | 无论如何 我比那个孩子准备得太多了 |
[19:40] | I’m stoked to go against you. | 我很兴奋要跟你作对 |
[19:41] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[19:43] | Last prosecutor of your vintage | 你那个年代最后一名检察官 |
[19:44] | who stepped into court, | 走进法庭 |
[19:46] | ended up with hair dye streaming down his face | 结果染发剂顺着汗留下脸颊 |
[19:48] | like the tears of the clown that he is. | 就像是小丑的眼泪一样 |
[20:04] | Do I look that focused? | 我看起来有那样专注吗 |
[20:07] | I am that focused, | 我就是那么专注 |
[20:09] | I just don’t look it. | 我只是看起来不像 |
[20:16] | New guy. | 新来的 |
[20:18] | You chose the wrong desk. | 你选错了桌子 |
[20:19] | Oh, is that so? | 哦 这样吗 |
[20:20] | Yeah, we go by Sharpe ratios here. | 没错 我们在这里使用夏普比率 |
[20:23] | Highest performers on the left. | 左边的是表现最好的 |
[20:28] | My risk-adjusted return, I’m a 1.9. | 我的风险调整回报率是一点九 |
[20:30] | So I could take yours. | 所以我可以占走你的桌子 |
[20:32] | But I was being polite. | 但我想表现的礼貌些 |
[20:34] | What are we measuring next? | 接下来我们比什么 |
[20:49] | Patty of the week! | 本周最佳肉饼 |
[20:52] | Good-looking chunk of chuck. | 这一大片牛肩胛肉看起来真棒 |
[20:54] | Blind tasting, here we go. | 闭眼测评 现在开始 |
[21:02] | Nice bite and mouth-feel. | 咬合和口感都很好 |
[21:05] | Good fat content and bun-to-patty. | 良好的脂肪含量 圆面包配上肉饼 |
[21:08] | I like American cheese on a burger, this is cheddar. | 我喜欢汉堡里加美国芝士 这是切德干酪 |
[21:12] | Medium juicy. | 汁水程度中等 |
[21:16] | Rating is, a strong buy. | 评级是 强烈推荐购买 |
[21:18] | Where’s this from? | 它是在哪买的 |
[21:19] | New place from a graduate of Corner Bistro. | 一个从街角酒吧发展起来的新地方 |
[21:23] | Nice. | 真不错 |
[21:25] | Well, there you have it. | 好了 给你 |
[21:28] | Sounded like he liked it. | 听起来他喜欢这个 |
[21:29] | The more he likes them, the harder he throws them. | 他越是喜欢他们 就丢的越使劲 |
[21:31] | Another strong buy | 另一个强烈推荐 |
[21:33] | for all my Russakoff’s Raiders out there: | 给所有我卢萨科的粉丝们购买的是 |
[21:34] | ArpCom. | 阿普康 |
[21:36] | It is ready to rip! | 是时候购买了 |
[21:46] | Why would you watch him? | 你为什么会看他的视频 |
[21:47] | Even competent day traders rarely make gains. | 即使是有能力的日间交易者也很少获利 |
[21:49] | He is not competent. | 他不是个有能力的人 |
[21:51] | Russakoff’s the fucking man to like millions of bros. | 卢萨科夫是个拥有数百万的粉丝真男人 |
[21:56] | You’re not one, though, so… | 你不是其中之一 所以 |
[21:57] | Not the man or not a bro? | 不是个男人还是不是粉丝 |
[21:59] | If you were either, you wouldn’t ask. | 如果你是其中之一 你就不会问了 |
[22:02] | He watches because Russakoff moves the market | 他看视频是因为当卢萨科夫很激情时 |
[22:03] | when he gets passionate. It’s a fact we don’t like, | 能推动市场 我们不喜欢这个事实 |
[22:06] | but a legit data point nonetheless. | 但这的确是个数据点 |
[22:08] | Now. Can we talk Terravore? | 现在 我们能谈谈泰拉沃尔吗 |
[22:09] | Our buy inched it up to $63.00. | 我们的购入将其升至六十三美元 |
[22:11] | Yay, team. | 干得好 团队 |
[22:12] | That’s still a far climb to $75.00. | 但距离七十五美元还远远不够 |
[22:15] | The day traders just buy what he tells them? | 当日交易者们会买那些他说的东西吗 |
[22:16] | From the depths of their man caves, they do. | 会在他们的蜗居里买的 |
[22:19] | And not just stonks. | 不仅仅是股票 |
[22:20] | He’s a lifestyle brand unto himself. | 他是自己的生活方式的招牌 |
[22:35] | Made the kids dinner. | 我给孩子们做了晚餐 |
[22:37] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[22:39] | You’re supposed to be at the Yale Club. | 你应该在耶鲁俱乐部 |
[22:41] | Times like this, a man belongs | 在这种时候 |
[22:44] | in the bosom of his family. | 一个人该属于他的家庭 |
[22:46] | Grab yourself a lowball. | 给你自己拿副牌 |
[22:48] | Everything we need is right here. | 我们需要的一切都在这里了 |
[22:52] | Have you even tried to call Roxanne? | 你尝试给洛葛仙妮打电话了吗 |
[22:55] | Tendered an apology? | 表达道歉 |
[22:57] | I called Judith | 我打给了朱迪斯 |
[22:58] | to be sure | 确保 |
[23:00] | that I hadn’t crossed any lines. | 我没有越界 |
[23:02] | Well, having to check is usually a great sign. | 还需要确认一下通常是一个好的标志 |
[23:04] | She assured me I hadn’t. | 她向我确保了我没有 |
[23:06] | One call down, one to go. | 还有一个电话要打 |
[23:08] | But we got to talking. | 但我们又聊了聊 |
[23:10] | And the bons mots were flying, Sonny, | 妙趣横生的话满天飞 儿子 |
[23:14] | like the Algonquin in ’23. | 就像二三年的阿尔冈金省立公园一样 |
[23:17] | I’m thinking of acting on our kinship, | 我正在考虑对我们的紧密关系采取行动 |
[23:20] | of consummating it. | 让它成为一段真的感情 |
[23:22] | – She’s game… – Dad, no. | – 她很有趣 – 爸爸 不 |
[23:26] | What happens when this fling ends, | 当一时的放纵结束时会发生什么 |
[23:28] | like all the others? | 像其他的一样 |
[23:30] | And you’ve bulldozed your second home in as many years? | 在这么多年后你又破坏了你第二个家 |
[23:33] | It’s not like I haven’t thought this through. | 说的好像我没有仔细思考过一样 |
[23:37] | There is a plan B. | 有一个备用计划 |
[24:06] | You texted “Emergency with your dad.” | 你发短信说”你父亲有紧急情况” |
[24:09] | He seems… fine. | 他看起 很好 |
[24:11] | I appreciate like hell you showing up. | 我很感谢你的出现 |
[24:14] | You gotta talk to him. You’re the only one who can. | 你得跟他谈谈 你是唯一一个能办到的人 |
[24:19] | – Issue? – He’s forgotten he’s married. | – 什么问题 – 他忘记他已经结婚了 |
[24:22] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[24:25] | You work him through whatever stage life crisis this is. | 你帮他度过不管是人生危机的哪个阶段 |
[24:30] | I help my guys at work. | 我帮助我工作上的人 |
[24:31] | Our kids. Maybe now finally myself, if I can. | 我们的孩子 或许最终是我自己 如果我可以 |
[24:34] | I came because I thought “emergency” | 我过来是因为我觉得”紧急” |
[24:37] | meant something different. | 意味着什么不一样的东西 |
[24:38] | Fine by me. | 我很好 |
[24:40] | Never got to unpack. | 还没打开过行李 |
[24:47] | He’s living here now? | 他现在住在这里 |
[24:48] | Ergo, the emergency. | 因此我才说是紧急 |
[24:51] | You can go back to your… | 你可以回到你的 |
[24:53] | ever-expanding empire. | 不断扩张的王国 |
[24:57] | I’m not gonna talk to you about Kate Sacker, either. | 我也不会跟你谈及凯特·塞克的事情 |
[24:59] | I didn’t say a word about her. | 我完全没有提到她 |
[25:01] | Even though she was poached, | 尽管她是被另一家公司雇佣了 |
[25:03] | casus belli, a Cold War thrust in the fucking broiler. | 这挑起了已经很不爽的两方之间的一场战争 |
[25:05] | I don’t owe you an apology, if that’s what you’re… | 我并不欠你一个道歉 如果这是你想的 |
[25:07] | Oh, no, I hold Prince responsible for that, not you. | 不 我认为普林斯应该为此事负责 不是你 |
[25:10] | You just lured her to his temple of greed. | 你只是把她引诱到了他的贪婪殿堂 |
[25:13] | – It’s not Axe Capital, Chuck. – It’s worse. | – 已经不是阿克塞资本了 查克 – 这更糟 |
[25:15] | Because it pretends to be better. | 因为它装的更好 |
[25:17] | She’s very special. | 她非常特别 |
[25:19] | And special to me. | 对我来说很不一样 |
[25:22] | Don’t ruin her, Wendy. | 别毁了她 温迪 |
[25:31] | Sweeney’s hitting back. | 斯威尼在反击 |
[25:33] | He ordered a fresh audit of the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics, | 他下令对1980年普莱西德湖奥运会重新审计 |
[25:36] | which went 320% over budget. | 这个项目超出了百分之三百二十的预算 |
[25:38] | That’s ’cause they were run by resort town hacks. | 那是因为当时是度假小镇的外行主导的 |
[25:39] | State’s still paying the damn bills. | 州政府还在付着这该死的账单 |
[25:41] | It’s a low-grade stunt. | 这是低级噱头 |
[25:42] | If Sweeney takes it public, | 如果斯威尼把它公之于众 |
[25:44] | it’ll scare off the Commission. | 这会吓跑委员会 |
[25:45] | Our bid’ll be finished. | 我们的投标就完蛋了 |
[25:46] | If we were willing to consider | 如果我们愿意考虑 |
[25:47] | in a carefully-worded statement, | 在一份辞谨慎的声明中 |
[25:49] | putting some space between you and your daughter on her… | 在你和你女儿之间留出一些空间 |
[25:51] | We’re unwilling. | 我们不愿意 |
[25:52] | I’m aware that that option is no fun, | 我知道这个选择并不有趣 |
[25:53] | but if you paid me to create fun, | 但如果你付给我钱是为了创造乐趣 |
[25:55] | I’d have replaced the stairs with a water slide. | 我会用水滑梯代替楼梯 |
[25:57] | – I’m here to get you the Games… – Do it another way. | – 我在来帮你得到奥运会的 – 换种方式 |
[26:06] | Afraid we need a little sit-down. | 恐怕我们需要谈谈 |
[26:08] | – What’s the beef over? – Gold. | – 在争论什么 – 黄金 |
[26:09] | – He’s long, she’s short. – Details. | – 他是多头 她是空头 – 细节 |
[26:11] | Not fucking tattling. | 不是说闲话 |
[26:12] | – We’ll work it out. – There, you see. | – 我们会解决的 – 你看 |
[26:14] | Before or after your stupid position | 在你愚蠢的观点 |
[26:16] | costs the firm bags o’ cash? | 浪费公司现金之前或之后 |
[26:17] | I meant we’re gonna close out your dumb fucking shorts | 我的意思是我们会在黄金飙升之前 |
[26:22] | before gold soars. | 抛价售出你的愚蠢的空头 |
[26:23] | This is when they need to go to the principal’s office. | 所以他们需要来校长办公室 |
[26:27] | I don’t know enough yet to weigh in on any of this. | 我知道的还不足以让我对这些进行权衡 |
[26:30] | And I’m not inclined to do the work | 而我现在也没时间 |
[26:31] | to figure it out just now. | 弄清楚这件事 |
[26:35] | Can you give us the room? | 能把房间留给我们吗 |
[26:39] | Kate, you too. | 凯特 你也是 |
[26:45] | One, Sacker’s right about that statement. | 第一 塞克说得对 |
[26:47] | You should issue it. | 你应该发表声明 |
[26:49] | Two, you don’t know enough yet to make a determination? | 第二 你知道的还不足以做决定吗 |
[26:51] | If this situation with Gail is taking you… | 如果盖尔的情况让你… |
[26:53] | Bonnie’s short is 88% negatively correlated, | 邦妮的空头呈现百分之八十八的负相关 |
[26:56] | Victor’s calls expire in six days, | 维克多的报价 |
[26:58] | three-and-a-half hours… | 六天又三个半小时之后过期 |
[27:00] | I’m the Eye of Sauron, I see all. | 我是索伦之眼 我能看到一切 |
[27:04] | But my communication with my daughter has gone | 但我和我女儿之间的交流 |
[27:06] | from a trickle to dead silence. | 已经从稀疏的来往变成了死寂 |
[27:09] | The floor, the Commission, | 议员席 奥委会 |
[27:11] | that’s the easy stuff. | 那都是些容易的东西 |
[27:24] | In my, uh, | 在我之前 |
[27:25] | prior employment situation | 跟那个我不应该提起的人 |
[27:27] | with He Whom I Shall Not Mention… | 一起共事的时候 |
[27:29] | Good policy. | 好策略 |
[27:30] | Yeah. With him and the others there… | 对 在跟他还有其他人一起时 |
[27:34] | I could guide them | 我可以指导他们 |
[27:36] | because there were specific guard rails, | 因为那里有具体的围栏 |
[27:38] | things you can or cannot do from those offices. | 在这些办公室里你能做或不能做的事情 |
[27:39] | Expectations. Limits. | 期望 限制 |
[27:42] | Even when stretched, you kind of knew the contours. | 即使是伸展 你也知道边缘在哪里 |
[27:45] | Hmm. Billionaires are not public servants. | 亿万富翁不是公务员 |
[27:47] | The levers are different. | 手段是不同的 |
[27:50] | Does it ever get any easier, | 看到他们应当做什么 |
[27:53] | seeing exactly what they should do, and… | 但是没法让他们照做 |
[27:55] | not being able to get them to do it? | 会不会让事情变得容易一点呢 |
[27:59] | What’ll happen is, | 你会发现 |
[28:02] | you’ll just direct it more and more inwardly | 你只会把它一点一点内化 |
[28:04] | until you stop serving them. | 直到你不再有这种感觉 |
[28:06] | When you’re ready. | 要不你准备好了 |
[28:08] | Or you’ll get out of it all entirely. | 要不就是全身退出 |
[28:13] | That what you’re doing? | 你是这么做的么 |
[28:14] | Me? No. | 不是 |
[28:16] | No, I’m thinking about incorporating all of it. | 我把这些都合并起来 |
[28:20] | Synthesizing. Letting go of results. | 让一切同步 不在乎结果 |
[28:24] | Breathing. | 只要前行 |
[28:25] | Ah, the Eastern approach. | 东方手段 |
[28:27] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[28:28] | But the old habits. | 但还有老手段 |
[28:32] | – I have this guy… – A guy? | – 我知道一个人 – 一个人 |
[28:35] | No, not like that. A priest. Buddhist. | 不是那样 一位牧师 佛教徒 |
[28:38] | He’s helping me take refuge. | 他在帮我皈依 |
[28:40] | I tried to um, like… | 我之前试图 |
[28:42] | bribe him. | 贿赂他 |
[28:44] | I didn’t even realize I was doing it. | 我都没有意识到 |
[28:46] | Shit. You get lost like that, | 天 你都如此 |
[28:49] | – how’s a naif like me supposed to… – Oh, hardly. | – 那我这个菜鸟该怎么 – 别这样说 |
[28:52] | You’ve been balancing these equities, | 你人生大多数时间里 |
[28:54] | the inner and the outer, | 都在控制内在 |
[28:55] | for most of your life. | 和外在的平衡 |
[28:58] | I like the Bodhisattva way. | 我赞同菩萨的说法 |
[29:00] | Don’t worry about yourself. Enlighten others. | 比起担心自己 更应当启蒙他人 |
[29:02] | That’s my vibe. But, mmm… | 那是我的作风 但是 |
[29:04] | not trying to hang onto it as tight as it seems you are. | 我不想像你一样深陷其中 |
[29:08] | I’m definitely not bribing any Brahman. | 我是不可能贿赂任何婆罗门的 |
[29:11] | I imagine if you did, they wouldn’t see it coming. | 我觉得就算你贿赂 他们也不会意识到 |
[29:22] | So? | 所以呢 |
[29:24] | Sweeney wants to meet with me. | 斯威尼想见我 |
[29:26] | About Mike Prince’s Olympic bid. Barely had to raise it. | 关于迈克尔·普林斯的奥运会投标 很顺利 |
[29:28] | Feels like we got a little breeze at our backsides. | 感觉背后一阵东风啊 |
[29:30] | Or maybe it’s the Lake Placid windchill. | 也没准是普莱西德湖的寒风 |
[29:33] | Where are we on an expert witness | 我海产欺诈案的 |
[29:34] | for my seafood fraud trial? | 专家证人找的怎么样了 |
[29:36] | I’ve reached out to some of the better fish DNA guys. | 我联系到了一些不错的鱼类基因专家 |
[29:39] | Not better. Best. | 我只要最好的 |
[29:41] | The testimony in this case is everything. | 这个案子的证词是决定性的 |
[29:44] | Needs to be devastating. Undeniable. | 必须一击即中 无法反驳 |
[29:46] | Best guy’s named Bowen, but he’s not available. | 最好的那位叫博文 但他无法出席 |
[29:48] | Locked up in cases with other prosecutors. | 还卷在其他公诉人的案件里 |
[29:52] | You sure Dave didn’t get him on their behalf? | 你确定戴芙没请他作为他们的代表吗 |
[29:53] | Yeah. He’s not an industry guy. | 确定 他不是能收买的人 |
[29:55] | He’s state’s expert. | 他是州专家 |
[29:56] | No, I still smell Dave here. | 不 戴芙肯定掺合了一脚 |
[29:58] | She made sure this Bowen was busy. | 她让博文没空理我们 |
[30:00] | Shouldn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[30:02] | The other three experts are raring to go. | 其他三位专家已经迫不及待了 |
[30:04] | This is Dave Mahar. | 这可是戴芙·马哈尔 |
[30:05] | I’m sure of it. | 我肯定 |
[30:07] | She’s trying to cut my damn legs out from under me. | 她想从背后偷袭我 |
[30:10] | You get to this Bowen and let him know, | 你去找博文 告诉他 |
[30:11] | he testifies in this trial for us, | 要不他出席为证人 |
[30:13] | he gets me this win, or he never gets | 帮我赢下案子 |
[30:15] | hired by any state again. | 要不就别想再被任何一个州雇佣了 |
[30:18] | Why’s this one matter so much? | 为什么他这么重要 |
[30:20] | She called me, in so many words, | 她打电话给我 总而言之就是 |
[30:22] | “A Giuliani-level hack.” | 一个朱利安尼级别的人 |
[30:25] | That’s Clubber Lang telling Adrian he’s more man than Rocky. | 这就像科莱博·朗跟艾德里安说他比洛奇更男人 |
[30:28] | I have a moral and professional obligation | 我有着道德与职业上的义务 |
[30:30] | to knock her the fuck out now. | 让她退出角逐 |
[30:37] | I’m gonna be flushed with the bottom ten percent, | 我要成为被裁员的底层百分之十了 |
[30:40] | like G.E. did every year. | 就像通用电器公司每年做的一样 |
[30:41] | I’m gonna be G.E.’d. | 我要被裁员了 |
[30:43] | Lot of people here. | 这里这么多人 |
[30:45] | Someone’s gotta be doing worse than you. | 总有人做的比你差 |
[30:48] | Okay, that didn’t come out the way I… | 我不是这个意思 |
[30:50] | I’m gonna ask for less assets under management. | 我要申请减少我所管理的资产 |
[30:53] | If I’m smaller, more concentrated, | 如果更小 那我就能更集中 |
[30:55] | I can carve a corridor to a bigger profit share. | 我就能获得更多的利润分配 |
[30:57] | No. You never ask for less. | 没门 你不能要求减少 |
[30:59] | They’ll think something’s wrong with you, | 他们会觉得你出事了 |
[31:00] | maybe even fire you on principle. | 然后会据规定解雇你 |
[31:03] | I’m gonna be G.E.’d. | 我要被裁了 |
[31:10] | It says, “Use the threading wire to pull it through, | 上面说 “用螺纹线将其拉出 |
[31:14] | then remove and discard it.” | 然后移除并且丢弃它” |
[31:15] | I already removed and discarded it. | 我已经移除并且丢弃了 |
[31:17] | There was nothing to pull through. | 没有能让我拉的东西 |
[31:19] | ‘Cause you removed and discarded it! | 因为你把它移除并且丢弃了 |
[31:22] | Look, if ya came to play, the tourney’s been delayed. | 如果你是来玩的 比赛延期了 |
[31:44] | I need your help on a different kind of play. | 我在另一种游戏上需要你 |
[31:46] | A business play. | 商业游戏 |
[31:50] | Why us? | 为什么是我们 |
[31:52] | Let me tell ya, bro. | 我来告诉你 |
[31:57] | I know exactly what you’re doing with Terravore. | 我知道你准备对泰拉沃尔公司做什么 |
[32:00] | Trying to pick a winner in a fast-growing sector. | 我要在迅速发展的行业中挑出赢家 |
[32:02] | Trying to get it added. | 想让它涨身价 |
[32:03] | To boost its price and market cap by enough | 想让它增长市值然后足以 |
[32:05] | that it’s added to the S&P 500. | 挤进前500股票交换公司 |
[32:07] | When it is, all the index funds are forced to buy in, | 进去后 所有指数基金会全部被买入 |
[32:09] | that’s the rule. Which pumps the stock even more, | 根据这个规则 股价会上涨更多 |
[32:11] | and you can dump it before it cools. | 然后你可以在下降之前甩掉它 |
[32:14] | Good read. | 理解的不错 |
[32:15] | But, like I told you, I believe in the company. | 但是 如我所述 我相信这个公司 |
[32:17] | Without documentation, it’s market manipulation. | 没有正规文书 这算是市场操纵 |
[32:20] | I prosecuted people for this. | 我因此检举过一些人 |
[32:22] | You sound like Spyros. Assertion without proof. | 你听着像斯皮罗斯似的 没有证据就断言 |
[32:24] | Here’s what the SEC’s gonna ask: | 证监会会问 |
[32:27] | “Where the fuck is your proof?” | “你的证据在哪” |
[32:30] | Here I am | ♪我在这里♪ |
[32:34] | On the road again… | ♪再次踏上路程♪ |
[32:38] | Biscuits and gravy. | 面包和肉酱 |
[32:40] | Dad, I gotta throw a flag on this one. | 爸爸 我要警告你了 |
[32:42] | Illegal emotional manipulation. | 违章情感操控 |
[32:45] | Totally unfair for us to have to smell that | 我们一走进来就闻到这香味 |
[32:47] | as we walk into the apartment. | 太不公平了 |
[32:48] | Also, it’s not gonna work. | 但是没用 |
[32:50] | Bob Seger’s a nice touch, though. | 不过鲍勃·西歌的歌选得不错 |
[32:52] | Reminds me of Sundays when the kids were little. | 让我想起了孩子们还小的星期日 |
[32:54] | What? You think I would plan this out? | 你们觉得我早有准备么 |
[32:56] | I think you told your staff to let you know the minute | 我觉得你让员工在我们踏进电梯的那一刻 |
[32:59] | we got in the elevator so the chorus of “Turn the Page” | 就通知你 所以《翻开那一页》的人声部分 |
[33:01] | would hit exactly when we walked into the kitchen. | 会在我们走进厨房的时候恰好响起 |
[33:04] | Would I be the guy you married if I hadn’t? | 如果我没这样做 我能是你丈夫么 |
[33:06] | I just so happened to have a mix from Rosie’s. | 我只是碰巧放了罗西的混音磁带 |
[33:09] | They sent over a care package. | 包在护理包里送来的 |
[33:11] | After you sent the plane for it, M-Tap? | 在你派飞机过去之后么 迈长官 |
[33:13] | I can’t… Yeah, who can remember? | 我不 谁能记得啊 |
[33:15] | The point is, we’re having some | 重点是我们今晚要吃自己做的 |
[33:17] | homemade Indiana biscuits and gravy. | 印第安纳面包和肉酱 |
[33:19] | Dad, we were summoned. | 爸 我们被叫过来了 |
[33:21] | I mean, I’m not gonna refuse the food | 我不会拒绝美食 |
[33:22] | because we all know I’m not… | 因为大家都知道我 |
[33:24] | I am refusing. | 我拒绝 |
[33:25] | I’m not breaking bread with him at this point. | 我现在不会和他和好的 |
[33:27] | Yeah, honestly, | 对 老实说 |
[33:29] | we’re still pissed. | 我们气还没消呢 |
[33:31] | You don’t get to police our emotions. | 你没有控制我们情绪的权利 |
[33:32] | Especially about your bullshit. | 特别是关于你的那摊破事 |
[33:35] | I just told them to go at it straight. | 我跟她们说要直奔话题 |
[33:38] | Good. Yes. | 很好 |
[33:39] | Let’s get into it. | 那我们来讨论吧 |
[33:41] | Because I-I can’t live with things being | 我也无法忍受 |
[33:43] | catawampus like this between us anymore. | 我们如此对峙了 |
[33:45] | You’re right. I was not | 你没说错 |
[33:47] | entirely forthright about the cannabis company thing. | 我对大麻公司那件事确实没有坦诚相待 |
[33:50] | Forthright? So you’re a soft peddler now. | 坦诚么 那你现在要绕弯子了 |
[33:53] | You’d rather I be as direct as you were | 你想让我像你对斯威尼州长那样 |
[33:54] | with Governor Sweeney? | 一般直率吗 |
[33:56] | She was right to say what she said. | 她说那些话没有错 |
[33:57] | She may have been, but it doesn’t mean she had to say it. | 确实没错 但是她不用非得说出来 |
[34:00] | – You’re on his side? – I’m on all your sides. | – 你现在和他一边了 – 我支持你们所有人 |
[34:03] | There’s… there’s no sides. | 没有什么阵营 |
[34:05] | I mean, there’s… there’s one damn side. | 我是说 我们都是一边的 |
[34:07] | I mean, Gail and I are kind of a side, | 盖尔和我是一队 |
[34:09] | and you’re usually on it. | 你通常都支持我们 |
[34:12] | What your sister said put a lot of pressure on your dad | 你妹妹说的那些话让你爸爸很难做 |
[34:14] | when he’s trying to accomplish a difficult… | 而他正在尝试达成一个很艰难的 |
[34:16] | really hard… thing. | 东西 |
[34:19] | – It means a hell of a lot. – To you and him. | – 这真的很重要 – 只是对你和他 |
[34:22] | Because if he locks this down, you get a thing, too. | 因为如果他成功了 你也有好处 |
[34:25] | We all get a thing, right, when I do well? | 我要是成功了 我们都能获益 |
[34:27] | All the things. | 所有的东西 |
[34:29] | That’s the first time | 这是你第一次 |
[34:31] | you’ve ever said anything like that. | 说这样的话 |
[34:34] | We’re all grownups here now, aren’t we? | 我们现在都是成人了 对吧 |
[34:37] | So let’s not leave it unsaid. | 所以要把事情说开 |
[34:39] | You’re both billionaires, or you will be | 你们未来都会是亿万富翁 |
[34:42] | partially because of all the times I held my tongue | 是因为大多数时候 |
[34:44] | and didn’t tell someone what I actually thought. | 我不告诉他人我的真实想法 |
[34:46] | You made more doing the opposite. | 你更多是在做相反的事 |
[34:48] | The gift you’ve given us is, | 你给我们的天赋 |
[34:50] | “Have no fear about speaking our minds.” | 是”不畏惧说出自己的想法” |
[34:53] | That’s right. Good. | 对 很好 |
[34:57] | But, uh, | 但是 |
[34:59] | sometimes, even though we don’t have | 尽管有时我们 |
[35:02] | the traditional things to lose, | 不会失去传统意义上的东西 |
[35:04] | we still have a lot to lose. | 我们还有很多能失去的 |
[35:06] | What are you asking her to do? | 你想让她做什么 |
[35:08] | Apologize. Tell the governor | 和州长道歉 告诉他 |
[35:10] | you didn’t mean it. Tell him… | 你不是真心的 跟他说 |
[35:11] | – Jesus Christ. – Fuck that. | – 天呐 – 做梦去吧 |
[35:13] | – Girls! – I can’t apologize | – 姑娘们 -我不会为说出事实而道歉 |
[35:14] | for telling the truth. I won’t. | 我不会这么做 |
[35:19] | Then your dad’ll never make you. | 那你爸爸也不会逼你 |
[35:23] | I’ll say I’m sorry, too, | 我也向你们道歉 |
[35:25] | for the way I handled the business thing. | 为我处理那件商业事件的手段 |
[35:27] | I should have brought you inside it. | 我不应该把你们排除在外 |
[35:31] | Still not going to do what you want. | 道歉还是没门 |
[35:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:37] | I wish you would. | 我希望你会 |
[35:38] | But… okay. | 但是 好吧 |
[35:42] | Will you at least start answering my texts, then? | 那你能至少回我消息么 |
[35:46] | We’ll put you back on the family thread. | 我们把你拉回家庭群聊 |
[35:49] | Oh, I-I’m already on the family thread. | 我已经在里面了 |
[35:52] | We might’ve, um, | 我们 |
[35:54] | already started a new one. | 已经建了个新的 |
[35:57] | There I go | ♪我来了♪ |
[36:02] | There I | ♪我♪ |
[36:04] | Go | ♪到达了♪ |
[36:11] | Now, Mr. Bowen, | 现在 博文先生 |
[36:12] | as an expert witness, you have testified | 作为一位专家证人 你见证了 |
[36:15] | that the goods from Ocean’s Plenty Wholesalers | 海产批发商的海鲜 |
[36:17] | were not as claimed, | 与所称的新鲜鱼类不同 |
[36:18] | but rather cheap, garbage fish, | 而是廉价的腐烂鱼 |
[36:21] | mislabeled and pawned off on an unwitting public. | 将其错贴标签并且诱导不知情的大众购买 |
[36:23] | I’m afraid so, yes. | 我恐怕正是如此 |
[36:25] | In my expert opinion. | 以我专家的身份看来 |
[36:27] | I object. Leading question. | 我反对 引导性问题 |
[36:28] | – Overruled. – But, Judge… | – 反对无效 – 但法官… |
[36:30] | Ms. Mahar, didn’t you see | 马哈尔女士 你在法学院读书时 |
[36:32] | A Few Good Men during law school? | 没看过《好人寥寥》吗 |
[36:34] | You’re about to get the judge to reaffirm my guy’s an expert. | 法官很快就会重新声明我证人的专业性了 |
[36:37] | Judge, I have something to say about the bias… | 法官 我认为对方证人有失公允 |
[36:40] | You’ll have your chance | 你将有机会 |
[36:41] | to cross-examine the expert witness. | 盘问专家证人 |
[36:43] | Ah! See that? | 说了吧 |
[36:45] | And not only is he an expert, | 他不仅是专家 |
[36:47] | he’s a scientist | 还是一名不带偏见 |
[36:48] | whose bias is the truth. | 尊重事实的科学家 |
[36:50] | Something your client the conglomerate | 你的客户为了牟取更多利益 |
[36:53] | tried to hide to rake in more profit. | 隐瞒消费者 |
[36:56] | Ocean’s Plenty | 海洋之大 |
[36:58] | trampled the rules with abandon. | 你们却利用它恣意践踏规则 |
[37:00] | Duped customers day after day, | 日复一日地欺骗消费者 |
[37:03] | resulting in millions in largesse. | 让数百万人蒙受损失 |
[37:08] | No further questions. | 我没有别的问题了 |
[37:12] | Your moment’s arrived, counsel. | 到你了 辩方律师 |
[37:17] | So, who paid you to be here today? | 是谁雇你来的 |
[37:18] | The State of New York. | 纽约州政府 |
[37:20] | They hired me to gather all the evidence in this case. | 他们雇我来收集这个案子的所有证据 |
[37:22] | The State of New York. | 纽约州政府 |
[37:24] | Just laying out the truth for the State. | 我只是向州政府陈述真相 |
[37:25] | Then, which do you prefer, meat or fish? | 那么 你喜欢肉还是鱼 |
[37:28] | Or grain? Or dairy? | 谷物 或是奶制品 |
[37:32] | Objection. Relevance. We’re not planning menus… | 反对 不相关 我们可不是要点菜 |
[37:34] | If there’s a point, counsel, get to it fast. | 辩方律师 请说重点 |
[37:37] | The point is bias. | 重点是证人存在偏颇 |
[37:40] | If he loves meat and hates fish… | 如果他爱吃肉 讨厌鱼 |
[37:42] | it’s hard to give a fishmonger a break, isn’t it? | 那么他很可能对鱼贩子抱有偏见 对吧 |
[37:45] | Sure, I like meat. | 我喜欢吃肉 |
[37:48] | I like fish too. | 但我也喜欢鱼 |
[37:50] | I like grain, bread, whatever. | 谷物 面包 我都喜欢 |
[37:51] | What does that have to do with… | 这跟本案有什么关系 |
[37:53] | Permission to approach the witness. | 我请求接近证人 |
[37:57] | Recognize those? | 认得这个吗 |
[37:58] | You’re under oath here. | 你是宣过誓的 |
[38:00] | – I’m aware of that… – Good, | – 我明白 – 很好 |
[38:01] | because if you are lying about anything, | 因为如果你撒谎 |
[38:04] | it’s a class-D felony. There are grave penalties for… | 那就是D级重罪 会受到严重处罚 |
[38:05] | This is harassment, if she doesn’t have | 这是骚扰 如果对方律师 |
[38:08] | an actual line of inquiry… | 没有询问方向的话… |
[38:09] | Protecting your witness from perjury, | 我在避免你的证人作伪证 |
[38:12] | I’d say that’s an actual… | 那才是真的… |
[38:13] | The witness knows the penalty for perjury. | 证人明白作伪证的后果 |
[38:15] | He’s not an idiot, and you’re not even making a defense. | 他不是白痴 你这不是在辩护 |
[38:18] | Since we understand | 既然我们都知道了 |
[38:19] | the severe penalties for perjury, | 作伪证对你和你的妻子 |
[38:21] | for you and your wife. | 会造成的的严重后果 |
[38:23] | Those documents are IRS Form 990s… | 那些文件是国税局表格990… |
[38:25] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 够了 |
[38:28] | I’m biased. | 我有偏颇 |
[38:30] | For… whoever is paying. | 偏向… 雇佣你的人 |
[38:32] | Yes. | 是 |
[38:39] | Enter defense exhibit into evidence. | 呈上辩方证物 |
[38:44] | Multiple payments for $50,000 | 五万美元的多次付款 |
[38:47] | made out to his wife, | 以牛肉 家禽 奶制品的名义 |
[38:48] | from big beef, big poultry, big dairy, | 支付给他妻子 |
[38:51] | to hide the fact that he’ll say | 以掩盖他将会作出 |
[38:52] | whatever his paymaster wants him to. | 对他雇主有利的证词的事实 |
[38:54] | He’s a paid gun for hire. | 他是雇来的枪手 |
[38:56] | Today it’s for the state, tomorrow, | 今天是州政府的 明天 |
[38:58] | whoever’s got the next check. | 任何人给他开张支票 他就能作证 |
[39:00] | Sir, you have the right not to incriminate yourself further. | 先生 你有权不自证其罪 |
[39:04] | That count as a defense to you? | 这算是辩护了吗 |
[39:20] | You outplayed me. | 你赢了 |
[39:23] | Took a dirty witness off the board | 把不干净的证人撤下 |
[39:25] | so I’d insist on having him. | 引诱我让他作证 |
[39:28] | Till he tainted all my evidence. | 让他玷污了我所有的证据 |
[39:31] | Like that lousy fish you’d never eat. | 就像你们卖的那无法下咽的烂鱼 |
[39:33] | You got that right. Look at the bright side. | 你说得对 往好的方面看 |
[39:37] | You got to log a few hours in a courtroom. | 你还能在法庭上待上几个小时 |
[39:54] | Sorry for the drop-in. | 抱歉来得突然 |
[39:56] | I’ll clear my schedule. | 我会清空日程的 |
[39:58] | I need you to add to it. | 我需要你加一项进去 |
[40:00] | A call with Governor Sweeney. | 打个电话给斯威尼州长 |
[40:02] | So I can apologize. | 我要道歉 |
[40:05] | What made you change your mind? | 为什么改主意了 |
[40:07] | I mean, you knew it would work on me. | 你也知道我会的 |
[40:09] | You’re my fucking father. And a good one. | 你可是我的老爸 贼他妈厉害的那种 |
[40:12] | I curse like four times a year. Why do you have to… | 我说脏话频率顶多一年四次 你怎么… |
[40:14] | I went to college out of state. | 我在别的州上大学 |
[40:18] | Just get the phone. Let’s call this guy. | 给他打电话吧 |
[40:24] | Call the governor’s office, tell him | 打给州长办公室 告诉他 |
[40:26] | Gail wants to speak with him. | 盖尔想和他说话 |
[40:28] | You know what you want to say? | 你知道要怎么说吗 |
[40:29] | Think it through, don’t freelance it. | 想清楚 不要临场发挥 |
[40:33] | So, | 这样 |
[40:35] | Mr. Sweeney… Mr. Governor… | 斯威尼先生… 州长先生 |
[40:39] | about what I said the other… | 关于我上次… |
[40:44] | I’m so sorry for what I said the other… | 对于我上次说的话 我很抱歉 |
[40:50] | Mr. Governor, | 州长先生 |
[40:51] | regardless of my feelings, | 不管我内心想法如何 |
[40:52] | out of respect for your office, | 出于对您工作室的尊重 |
[40:54] | what I said the other night was wrong, | 我那天晚上说话的是错的 |
[40:57] | and I am so sorry I… | 我很抱歉… |
[40:58] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[41:03] | You don’t want me to apologize? | 你不想让我道歉了 |
[41:06] | I do want you to apologize. | 我想让你道歉 |
[41:07] | I-I need you to, really. | 真的 我很需要 |
[41:09] | But, uh… I raised you to speak your mind. | 但是… 我从小教你坦率诚实 |
[41:12] | Fuck! | 他妈的 |
[41:15] | Five. | 五次 |
[41:25] | I’ll tell you, Dad. | 说真的 老爸 |
[41:26] | I will never understand | 我不能理解 |
[41:28] | how a guy that thin-skinned becomes governor. | 他这样脸皮薄的人是怎么当上州长的 |
[41:32] | Some kid gives him a little crap, | 有小孩对他说了句不好听的 |
[41:34] | and he lets it shape policy? | 他就要重修政策 |
[41:36] | I mean… | 真的 |
[41:37] | the vanity is just so over the top. | 虚荣心太强了 |
[41:41] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:45] | Real good. | 很好 |
[41:48] | Terravore’s still tickling $66.00. | 泰拉沃尔的价格还是六十六美元 |
[41:55] | This quarter’s gonna be a bloodbath. | 这个季度将会是一场血战 |
[41:58] | I’m never gonna get a sheet of my own. | 我这辈子是升职无望了 |
[42:04] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[42:05] | Russakoff has a new post… | 卢萨科夫刚发了一个 |
[42:09] | about Terravore. | 关于泰拉沃尔的视频 |
[42:16] | Juicy, savory… | 鲜美多汁 |
[42:19] | nice patty tension, good bite… | 肉馅紧实 口感绝佳 |
[42:24] | This is a top pick, | 这是最好的选择 |
[42:26] | outperform! | 太棒了 |
[42:27] | Thi-this is a must-buy with leverage! | 你们一定要买来试试 |
[42:30] | Where the hell did you get this from? | 你们从哪弄来的 |
[42:32] | It’s Terravore. 100% vegan, plant-based. | 泰拉沃尔 植物造的 百分百素食 |
[42:34] | You’re fucking kidding me. | 你在逗我吧 |
[42:36] | This is all shoots and leaves? | 这些都是竹笋和菜叶子 |
[42:41] | Not the only way it’s green. | 不是那种绿色 |
[42:43] | Mase Carb’s yay deep in this name. | 梅森碳能也很欣赏他们 |
[42:45] | It’s ready to hockey stick. | 它的身价要飙升了 |
[42:48] | Nice, dude, didn’t even see you | 干得好 兄弟 我都没发现 |
[42:50] | swap out the meat for the vegan shit. | 你什么时候把肉饼换成素食肉的 |
[42:53] | I thought you were gonna make the switch. | 我以为你会换的 |
[42:55] | Raiders, | 突击队们 |
[42:58] | Terravore is ready to pull | 泰拉沃尔已经准备好 |
[43:02] | a major stiffy! | 崛起了 |
[43:12] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[43:14] | Stock’s surging on message boards and Robinhood. | 股票留言板和罗宾汉上的股价都在飙升 |
[43:16] | – The brosephs are biting! – Taylor. | – 这群人上钩了 – 泰勒 |
[43:19] | And once momentum gets going with the… | 而一旦这股势头在散户中蔓延开… |
[43:21] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[43:23] | So you keep saying. We should be happy. | 你重复好几遍了 我们应该开心 |
[43:26] | We had to game it all out from a burger review. | 我们的一切都得归功于一个汉堡测评 |
[43:38] | They say the finest bespoke tailors | 有人说最好的定制裁缝 |
[43:41] | have “rock of eye.” | “目光如炬” |
[43:43] | Can see beyond pattern and chalk | 能看到纹案和粉笔印之上 |
[43:46] | to take someone’s true measure by instinct, expertise. | 凭直觉和专业知识来衡量人的真实量度 |
[43:49] | You think that’s how I beat you? | 你觉得这是我打败你的原因吗 |
[43:51] | No. It’s how I see beyond the woman | 不 这是在说我看到了 |
[43:52] | who stood up for an indefensible seafood scam | 隐藏在为漏洞百出的海产骗局辩护之下 |
[43:56] | to the better person lurking beneath. | 一个更好的人 |
[43:58] | I served my client. | 我为客户辩护 |
[44:00] | No higher calling for a lawyer. | 对于一名律师来说这就够了 |
[44:01] | But your professional background, | 但你的专业背景 |
[44:03] | your choice of eatery, tells me | 你的餐馆选择告诉我 |
[44:04] | you’re not meant to cut vicuna cloth | 你不是为了填饱伴侣的肚子 |
[44:07] | to pad your partners’ paunches. | 浪费自己的才华的那种人 |
[44:09] | You’re meant to fit the real villains | 你适合真正的恶棍 |
[44:10] | for orange fucking jumpsuits. | 要穿橙色囚服那种 |
[44:13] | So you came here to yell at me. | 所以你是专门跑来骂我的 |
[44:15] | I came here… | 我是来 |
[44:17] | to hire you. | 雇佣你的 |
[44:20] | I did my 20 years as a PD | 我做了二十年公共辩护人 |
[44:22] | helping people with nothing get their actual day in court. | 帮助一无所有的人站上法庭 |
[44:25] | I did. | 我努力了 |
[44:27] | But eventually I wanted to come home to a place I owned, | 但最终 我想要一个属于自己的家 |
[44:30] | not one I shared with a bank. | 而不是银行租给我的那种 |
[44:33] | So you went white shoe. | 所以你转去了白鞋公司 |
[44:35] | It just became time to get paid | 也是时候让我获得 |
[44:36] | commensurate with my abilities. | 与我能力相称的报酬了 |
[44:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[44:41] | Good, now we’re talking worth. | 既然我们要讨论价值 |
[44:44] | ‘Cause those seven figures may convince you of yours | 那七位数字可能让你感受到了自身价值 |
[44:47] | and it’ll feel fucking great, for a while. | 让你短期内感觉很好 |
[44:50] | But it’s a mirage and you know it. | 但你也很清楚 那些都是幻觉 |
[44:54] | The worth I can offer is 200 times | 我能给你百倍之多 |
[44:56] | the ski house that beckons | 滑雪屋触手可及 |
[44:58] | or the beach house that follows that. | 接下来就是临海别墅 |
[45:01] | There’s a war going on, | 战争正在打响 |
[45:04] | between the very wealth you are trying to accrue | 一场你和我们其他人之间的财富战争 |
[45:06] | and the rest of us. The stakes are absolute. | 风险是绝对存在的 |
[45:11] | And we are under-armed and under-manned, | 而我们的装备和人手都不足 |
[45:13] | and you will be the difference maker, | 你会成为那个至关重要的人 |
[45:15] | which will make you feel like yourself again. | 这也会让你最终 |
[45:19] | Finally. | 找回自我 |
[45:34] | Good enough data to divvy up the capital yet? | 有足够的数据分配资金吗 |
[45:37] | Soon. | 快了 |
[45:39] | Keep this going much longer, they’ll fuck the place up. | 再这样下去 他们会把这里全搞砸 |
[45:41] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[45:43] | But this place is also a platform | 但这里也是我们 |
[45:45] | for the bigger goals we’re chasing. | 追求更远大目标的平台 |
[45:48] | Screw those up, might as well not even be here. | 要是搞砸了 还不如别来 |
[45:50] | It all starts with the Games. | 一切都始于奥运会 |
[45:52] | Then we need to look at ways to hit Sweeney, | 那我们得想办法在斯威尼明天 |
[45:54] | before he meets with Rhoades tomorrow. | 见罗兹之前干掉他 |
[45:56] | Wags gave me a phone number of a certain operative. | 瓦格纳给了我一个特工的号码 |
[45:59] | Yeah, I don’t think an assassination, | 我不觉得比喻或实际意义上的”干掉” |
[46:02] | virtual or literal, is the way to go here. | 能解决我们的问题 |
[46:04] | No, I keep on thinking about the vanity of a guy | 不是 我一直想着一个人得多么虚荣自大 |
[46:06] | who would let a random insult shape policy. | 才会让随便一个侮辱影响政策决策 |
[46:09] | Probably starts every book he reads | 大概他看的每本书 |
[46:10] | at the index, under “Sweeney.” | 目录都是以斯威尼为开头 |
[46:14] | Where are we on the naming rights for the stadium? | 我们在体育管的命名权问题上进展如何 |
[46:17] | We’re taking offers. | 我们在招标 |
[46:18] | Bidding’s robust. | 形势良好 |
[46:21] | Let’s stop. | 停下吧 |
[46:28] | Russakoff’s Raiders pushed it to 75, | 卢萨科夫的粉丝把价格推到了七十五 |
[46:30] | and the market cap tipped it over the edge. | 而这市值让他们疯狂 |
[46:31] | S&P 500 just announced. | 标准普尔500指数刚宣布了 |
[46:33] | Terravore joins the index in two weeks. | 泰拉沃尔将在两周后加入标普500指数 |
[46:35] | Good. Sell the news. | 很好 把新闻传出去 |
[46:37] | Blow it out, all of it. | 煽风点火 招数全用上 |
[46:38] | You’re not selling those calls. | 你不能卖出一丁点看涨期权 |
[46:40] | – Or a single share of the stock. – We’re in the money. | – 或是股票 – 现在是赚钱时候了 |
[46:43] | If I don’t sell now, they’ll be worth nothing. | 如果我现在不沽出 那就会一文不值了 |
[46:44] | If you do sell, it’s manipulation. | 如果你沽出 那就是操控市场 |
[46:46] | I’m backing Spyros on this. | 我这次赞成斯皮罗斯 |
[46:48] | You have a problem with it too? | 你对此也有意见 |
[46:49] | If an employee courts prosecution, | 若是一个员工会招致公诉 |
[46:51] | we’re in HR territory, so, yes. | 而我又是人事部的 所以 是的 |
[46:53] | That won’t be an issue. | 那不会有问题 |
[46:54] | Legal’s been in on this from the start. | 法务从一开始就看着了 |
[46:56] | I can paper this sale. | 我可以起草销售的文件 |
[46:59] | What do you have to support the buy? | 你有什么购买理由 |
[47:01] | – My gut. My brain. – That won’t be good enough. | – 我的直觉 我的大脑 – 那还不够 |
[47:11] | What if it is a bump? | 如果我就是抬高股价呢 |
[47:13] | And I want to be the pinball fucking wizard, | 而我又想成为那个玩弹珠台最厉害的人 |
[47:15] | right up to the tilt line without setting it off? | 沿着斜线起跳却不引爆任何触点 |
[47:23] | How long have you been vegan? | 你纯素多久了 |
[47:24] | Six and a half years. | 六年半 |
[47:28] | Well, that’s six and a half years of Instacart orders, | 那就意味着你六年半都在用杂货配送 |
[47:30] | Amazon deliveries, web searches for vegan products | 用亚马逊快递 和在网上搜纯素产品 |
[47:33] | that just became due diligence. | 这些都证明你对此进行了详尽调查 |
[47:35] | And it’s all gonna go in an analyst’s report. | 而这些都会被写进分析师的报告里 |
[47:46] | For six and a half years now, | 现在已经有六年半时间 |
[47:48] | Taylor has been meticulously researching Terravore | 泰勒一直在细致地研究泰拉沃尔 |
[47:50] | and the entire sector. | 和整个行业 |
[47:53] | I’ll hang onto that | 我拿着吧 |
[47:55] | in case the SEC calls. | 万一证监会打电话来 |
[48:05] | You know what happened here. On my watch. | 你知道这里发生了什么 在我的监管下 |
[48:08] | Under my nose. | 在我的眼皮底下 |
[48:11] | I know what I think happened. | 我知道我以为发生了什么 |
[48:13] | I also know, no one can prove it. | 我也知道 没有人能证明这事 |
[48:17] | Blow it out. Sell all of it. | 消息放出去 全部卖掉 |
[48:30] | This isn’t what we talked about. | 这不是我们之前的讨论内容 |
[48:32] | I’m an attorney, Wendy, not a monk. | 温迪 我是个律师 不是个和尚 |
[48:35] | Neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[48:55] | You think I’d be here if I didn’t look up to you? | 我要是不以你为榜样 你觉得我会来吗 |
[48:58] | – You looked past me to Prince. – He gets me. | – 你越过我 以普林斯为榜样了 – 他懂我 |
[49:01] | He thinks you’re his Rocking-Horse Winner. | 他认为你是他的木马赢家 |
[49:02] | Yeah, well, that guy never missed. | 他从不看错人 |
[49:04] | Until it killed him. | 直到他看错 |
[49:05] | It’s just an old story. | 那是个旧闻了 |
[49:09] | I could have been a conductor, you know. For real. | 我本可以成为乐队指挥 真的 |
[49:12] | Even at a young age, I could hear when an orchestra | 即使是小时候 我可以听出来一个管弦乐队 |
[49:14] | was really firing. | 是否在尽情演奏 |
[49:16] | When the oboist was hungover | 或双簧管还在宿醉 |
[49:18] | or second chair violin was getting over a heartache. | 或次席小提琴手的心脏作痛 |
[49:22] | Couldn’t pay for a ticket, | 付不起门票 |
[49:23] | so I would go when the Phil | 所以我会去林肯中心听 |
[49:25] | piped the music out into Lincoln Center. | 广播里的爱乐乐团唱片 |
[49:27] | Even though it was noisy as hell outside… | 即使外面极其嘈杂… |
[49:31] | I could hear it all. | 我依然能听得一清二楚 |
[49:35] | But in the end, I chose money. Simple as that. | 但最终 我选择了钱 直截了当 |
[49:37] | I met Prince, saw where we could go together, | 我遇见了普林斯 看到了我们的未来 |
[49:39] | walked away from it. | 不再去想指挥的事 |
[49:41] | So buy yourself an orchestra. You can afford one now. | 那给自己买个管弦乐队呗 你现在买得起了 |
[49:43] | Yeah, sure. But I won’t, | 可以 但我不会 |
[49:45] | because I’m a realist. | 我很现实的 |
[49:47] | What I’m telling you is, | 我想告诉你的是 |
[49:50] | don’t sell your private dreams short for the more common one. | 不要为了个普通的东西而贱卖你自己的梦想 |
[49:54] | What if they’re one and the same? | 要是我想要的就是一个普通的梦想 |
[49:55] | Then you wouldn’t have been teaching in that charter school. | 那你就不会在那所特许学校教书了 |
[49:57] | You can be more than a rich guy at a fund. | 你可以不只是做一个基金公司里的有钱人 |
[49:59] | You can be a founder, an operator. | 你可以做创始人 做管理人 |
[50:02] | – Change the world. – I know, Senator Corleone. | – 改变世界 – 我知道 科尔莱奥内参议员 |
[50:05] | – Governor Corleone. – Yes. Exactly. | – 科尔莱奥内州长 – 正是如此 |
[50:09] | If you could only see yourself through my eyes… | 如果你能从我眼中看到你自己… |
[50:14] | you’d know it’s all possible. | 你就知道这些都是有可能的 |
[50:16] | Ain’t that the human condition. | 那不就是人性吗 |
[50:19] | ‘Cause all I want is to be here. | 我就想来这 |
[50:21] | And I want you to want me here, I do. | 我也希望你想我来这 真的 |
[50:24] | But if you don’t… I’ll be here anyway. | 但即使你不希望… 我也会来 |
[50:34] | My dad sold insurance. | 我爸是卖保险的 |
[50:37] | He always told me, | 他总是跟我说 |
[50:39] | “Control what you can, | “控制你能控制的东西 |
[50:41] | take out a policy on the rest.” | 对其他东西投保” |
[50:45] | Get a load of that. | 看看这个 |
[50:50] | The real version will be up at the opening ceremony in ’28. | 真正的版本将在2028年的开幕式上亮相 |
[50:55] | If you help me get there. | 如果你帮我达成的话 |
[51:00] | Well, uh… | 那个… |
[51:02] | why would I ever do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[51:04] | Because legacies are tricky. | 因为遗产很棘手 |
[51:06] | You know, history controls them, not us. | 你知道 是历史决定遗产 不是我们 |
[51:08] | Yeah, well, mine’s going to be tainted | 反正我的遗产会被 |
[51:10] | by what your daughter said. | 你女儿说的话玷污 |
[51:11] | – Newspapers already wrote that… – Newspapers. | – 报纸已经报道出来了 说… – 报纸 |
[51:15] | They call ’em “history’s first rough draft” for a reason. | 报纸被称为历史的初稿是有原因的 |
[51:18] | Same reason the Irish took ’em into the jacks | 和爱尔兰人在厕纸发明前 |
[51:20] | before toilet paper. | 把厕所称为杰克一样 |
[51:22] | That’s why I’m offering you an insurance policy | 所以我现在是在为你自己的历史 |
[51:25] | on your own history. | 提供一份保险 |
[51:33] | Sweeney was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago. | 斯威尼在三十分钟前就应该到了 |
[51:35] | – Where the hell is he? – The meeting’s off. | – 他到底在哪 – 会议取消了 |
[51:39] | The governor’s throwing in with Prince. | 州长要和普林斯合作了 |
[51:41] | He’s supporting the New York Games. | 他支持纽约奥运会 |
[51:43] | Jeez Louise. | 我的天 |
[51:52] | I took my own measure today. | 我今天自己衡量了一下 |
[51:54] | Rock of eye. And I’m here to get what I’m worth. | 直觉 让我来这领取我所值得的东西 |
[52:04] | This woman, Judith… | 这位女士 朱迪斯… |
[52:07] | she was on my bucket list since | 她从我们都还没有再婚就 |
[52:09] | before either of us had even remarried. | 出现在我的遗愿清单上了 |
[52:13] | Yet here you are at Chuck’s, not acting on it. | 然而你现在却在查克家 而不是采取行动 |
[52:16] | Just waiting. | 干等着 |
[52:19] | And you’re here to explain why this restraint is good, | 而你是来解释说为什么克制是好的 |
[52:22] | why this is change. | 为什么要做出改变 |
[52:24] | Nope. | 并不是 |
[52:27] | B.F. Skinner said free will is an illusion; | B·F·斯金纳说自由意志是幻象 |
[52:30] | all we really have is conditioning behavior | 我们所拥有的都是条件反射行为 |
[52:31] | and its consequences. | 和其结果 |
[52:33] | And even the worst behavior, followed by | 即使是最糟糕的行为 |
[52:36] | pleasant consequences, is bound to be repeated. | 只要结果是好的 就会触发条件反射 |
[52:40] | I’ve thought about that a lot this week. | 我这周对此想了很多 |
[52:44] | So… I need to condition myself. | 所以… 我需要控制自己 |
[52:47] | For the good. | 为了好的自己 |
[52:49] | No. It’s why you can’t change. | 不是 这是在解释为什么你无法改变 |
[52:52] | You’ve only been rewarded for bad behavior so… | 你只因为不良行为得到过奖励 以至于… |
[52:57] | you need to stay the hell away from Roxanne. | 你得远离洛葛仙妮 |
[53:01] | Stay away? | 远离 |
[53:04] | For her sake. | 为了她好 |
[53:06] | ‘Cause you’re only gonna cheat or fuck it up in some way. | 因为你终将出轨或以某种方式把事情搞砸 |
[53:11] | And she’s only gonna suffer. | 而她就得承受痛苦 |
[53:28] | He made up with her. He’s packing his bags to go home. | 他和她和好了 他在收拾东西回家了 |
[53:32] | – How’d you do it? – I urged him to stay away. | – 你怎么做到的 – 我让他远离她 |
[53:35] | Naturally. | 自然而然 |
[53:37] | I knew you were gonna come back. | 我就知道你会回来 |
[53:40] | The week I’ve had, I… | 我所经历的这一周 我… |
[53:42] | I wanted to help where I actually could. | 我就想在我能帮上忙的地方帮帮忙 |
[53:44] | Oh, please. You owed me one after poaching Sacker. | 拜托 你挖走了塞克 你欠我一个人情 |
[53:48] | Not the way I saw it. | 我没这么觉得 |
[53:52] | Thank you anyway, for hauling him outta here. | 不管怎样 谢谢了 谢谢你把他弄出去 |
[54:20] | Daniel, I need to cancel our meeting tonight. | 丹尼尔 我要取消我们今晚的见面 |
[54:24] | I couldn’t go the four days without being transactional. | 我做不到四天不做一点交易 |
[54:28] | I couldn’t go four hours. | 四个小时都不行 |
[54:31] | I’m gonna start over. | 我要重来 |
[54:33] | Call you when I get there. | 做到会再打给你 |
[54:48] | Sometimes you cut someone’s minutes | 某时你削减某人工时 |
[54:50] | to remind them of their job. | 来提醒他们的工作 |
[54:52] | Sometimes you sit down a starter | 有时你要先坐下来 |
[54:54] | so they stand up stronger. | 站起来时才更加强壮 |
[54:56] | Wooden. Again. | 也是伍登说的 |
[54:59] | Now, no one’s being fired. | 现在听着 没有人要被炒鱿鱼 |
[55:03] | This isn’t Jack Welch’s G.E. | 这里不是杰克·韦尔奇的通用电气 |
[55:05] | But too many of you were thrown off your games too easily, | 但你们太多人轻易放弃了 |
[55:10] | so not all of you are gonna keep their minutes. | 所以不是所有人都能保住他们的工时 |
[55:12] | Victor, you’ll keep all of yours. | 维克多 你保住了所有的工时 |
[55:14] | You showed full exertion and total focus, | 你表现出了充分努力和完全专注 |
[55:16] | even in a petty squabble. | 即使是在一个小争吵里 |
[55:17] | But Philip’s gonna clean up your book, | 但菲利普会帮你把帐清干净 |
[55:20] | make it worthy of the fund that bears my name. | 让它对得起以我名字命名的基金 |
[55:23] | Thanks, Mike. You won’t regret it. | 谢谢你 迈克尔 你不会后悔的 |
[55:27] | Bonnie, I’m cutting your book in half. | 邦妮 我会把你的帐砍掉一半 |
[55:28] | You traded against others instead of for yourself, | 你和别人对着干 而不是为了自己交易 |
[55:31] | and your call was off. | 所以你交易权限取消 |
[55:32] | Wags’ll approve all your trades | 瓦格斯会负责审批你的交易 |
[55:33] | until I think you’re ready. | 直到我觉得你准备好了 |
[55:40] | Fuck that. | 去你的 |
[55:44] | If I wanted team spirit, I would work for fucking Chick-fil-A. | 如果我想要团队精神 我不如去快餐店打工 |
[56:10] | Where’s mine? | 我的呢 |
[56:13] | Philip, I’m doubling the book you had at your old place. | 菲利普 我会给你加一倍帐 |
[56:16] | Thanks, Mike, but I’d like it to be halved. | 谢了 迈克尔 但我想减半 |
[56:19] | I’ll grow my own book if I can carve more profit. | 要是我能获得更高利润 我会扩大账面的 |
[56:21] | Fine. | 行 |
[56:23] | Nice. I like it. | 很好 我喜欢 |
[56:24] | We’ll discuss terms privately. | 我们会私底下再讨论 |
[56:26] | I fucking knew it! You told me not to! | 我就知道 你还跟我说不要 |
[56:29] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[56:30] | Tuk, I’m zeroing you out. | 图克 你的归零了 |
[56:31] | You’ll service Philip for now. | 你暂时给Philip打下手 |
[56:33] | He’ll teach you to trade from fearlessness, not fear. | 他会教你怎么利用无畏而不是恐惧来做交易 |
[56:36] | Ben, I’m boosting you 10%. | 本 我会给你提高百分之十 |
[56:37] | Keep making the bold plays, but unwind the protection. | 继续大胆操作 可以放开手脚 |
[56:41] | Lose the training wheels, man. You don’t need ’em. | 抛弃辅助轮 你不需要的 |
[56:43] | Taylor Mason Carbon, you’ll keep your full allocation. | 泰勒·梅森碳能 你的分配保持不变 |
[56:45] | I welcome your new sense of… mission, | 我喜欢你新的使命感 |
[56:48] | as long as it never conflicts with mine. | 只要不会与我的发生冲突 |
[56:52] | Their shit worked. | 他们的计划成功了 |
[56:54] | It worked, all right. | 那成功了 好吧 |
[56:55] | Thirty million-plus on that trade. | 那交易赚了三千万 |
[56:56] | Taylor went Milken in ’85, and it worked. | 泰勒把那股价推到了85美元 然后成功了 |
[57:01] | Fucking rapacious. | 真是贪婪 |
[57:02] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, not so fast. | 好好好 还没有结束 |
[57:04] | I know this can be an all-star team, | 我知道这会是一个全明星队伍 |
[57:07] | but you can play way above the rim. | 你们依然可以尽情挥洒 |
[57:09] | But you’ll never get there with blisters on your feet. | 但永远不用担心会有水泡拖你后腿 |
[57:12] | That’s why I keep hammering you on the fundamentals. | 这就是为什么我一直跟你们讲基础 |
[57:15] | Position sizing, focus, restraint. | 头寸调整 专注 克制 |
[57:20] | And, for all your moves, for all your talent, | 对于你们所有的行动 所有的天赋 |
[57:25] | it looks like Axe never taught you how to put on | 似乎阿克塞从来没教过你们 |
[57:27] | your socks and your shoes. | 如何穿好鞋子和袜子 |