时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | The very first New York Olympics. | 第一届在纽约举办的奥运会 |
[00:10] | The city’s down, hurting. | 这座城市衰败了 伤痕累累 |
[00:11] | It’s the perfect opportunity to rebuild. | 这是重建它的绝好机会 |
[00:14] | Selecting a host city is a very political process. | 主办城市的选择跟政治高度相关 |
[00:18] | I want to make an impression, but as I understand it, | 我想让人留下印象 但就我的理解 |
[00:20] | the men and women of the commission | 委员会的成员们 |
[00:22] | don’t look kindly upon strangers bearing gifts. | 并不看好天赋异禀的陌生人 |
[00:24] | The office is not where my new war is going to be waged. | 办公室不是我开战的地方 |
[00:28] | Not at first. | 至少一开始不是 |
[00:30] | The venue matters less than the message. | 比场馆更重要的是传达的信息 |
[00:32] | No, I realized it’s not one billionaire | 我现在意识到不单单是一个亿万富翁 |
[00:35] | having his way with the city. | 在这城里横行霸道 |
[00:36] | The overall effect of the billionaire class… | 整个亿万富翁阶级对社会的影响 |
[00:39] | they’re a scourge. | 就是个祸害 |
[00:41] | Prince has different priorities. | 普林斯有不同的权衡和优先考虑 |
[00:43] | He seems to be after more than profits here. | 他追求的似乎不仅仅是利润 |
[00:45] | – So, what are you saying? – I don’t know yet, | – 所以你想说什么 – 我还说不准 |
[00:46] | but I know he’s not Axe. | 但我知道他不是阿克塞 |
[00:48] | I am hereby creating the Prince List. | 我现在要创建一个普林斯名单 |
[00:50] | Shedding all the dirty capital currently invested. | 删掉目前投资的所有不干净的资本 |
[00:53] | From now on, clients will have to qualify to invest with us. | 从现在起 客户要证明资质才能让我们投资 |
[00:56] | Sometimes you just have to break some shit. | 有时候你就得舍弃一些东西 |
[00:59] | Make them know that no one is safe. | 让他们知道没有谁是安全的 |
[01:01] | You promised me a winning season, Chuck. | 你跟我保证了这个季度会大获全胜 查克 |
[01:03] | I’m running out of time if I’ll have to quit. | 如果我要辞职 我的时间不多了 |
[01:04] | I can’t lose my MVP yet. | 我还不能失去我的王牌干将 |
[01:07] | I need you, Kate. | 我需要你 凯特 |
[01:08] | Okay, boss. | 好吧 头儿 |
[01:09] | What do we do when the carpetbaggers | 这些政治家 |
[01:11] | and the land barons try to shove us out of the way? | 和地产商想把我们排除在外 |
[01:15] | We shove back! | 我们会还击 |
[01:16] | Take back our city! | 夺回我们的城市 |
[01:18] | Take back our city! | 夺回我们的城市 |
[01:51] | I was approached. | 有人来找我了 |
[01:53] | For a job? | 工作邀请吗 |
[01:54] | Nobody said anything about a job. | 没提关于工作的事 |
[01:57] | It’s a job. | 那就是工作邀请 |
[02:03] | You did good by coming to me. | 你来找我是对的 |
[02:05] | So, obviously, I’m not going… | 当然 我是不会去的 |
[02:07] | Oh, no, you’re going. | 不 你要去 |
[02:09] | But you’re going for me. | 为了我去 |
[02:13] | You’ll be my Vincent Terranova. | 做我的文森特·特拉诺瓦 |
[02:19] | It’s natural to celebrate, to go big. | 庆祝和狂欢很正常 |
[02:23] | Especially with the tools you have here. | 特别在这里有这么多工具 |
[02:26] | The fun and the talent in this room. | 这么多乐趣和人才 |
[02:28] | You think it’s gonna go on and on and on. | 你觉得这事会没完没了 |
[02:30] | It’s never gonna end. | 永不结束 |
[02:32] | But we know that’s not true. | 但那不是真的 |
[02:34] | You all in this room are not immune | 各位都有可能会犯 |
[02:36] | to the mistakes other people make, | 其他人犯过的错误 |
[02:39] | where they spend more than they make. | 他们失去的超过于获得的 |
[02:42] | The burn rate gets them every time. | 他们总是在烧钱 |
[02:46] | I’ve had 52 players drafted in the NBA. | 我有五十二位球员被NBA选中 |
[02:49] | Thirty-five are in the league right now. | 三十五位目前加入了联盟 |
[02:52] | My suggestion to them and to you: | 我对各位的建议是 |
[02:54] | Put the first million away! | 把赚到的首个一百万放到一边 |
[02:57] | Forget you have it. | 忘记它 |
[02:59] | You put yours back in this fund, | 把钱放到储备金里 |
[03:01] | you know five, six, seven years, | 五 六 七年后 |
[03:03] | you’re a multimillionaire. | 你就是千万富豪 |
[03:05] | With that behind you, | 有这个做家底 |
[03:08] | no fear. | 你就无所畏惧 |
[03:10] | No anxiety seeps in. | 不再焦虑 |
[03:11] | You have a clear mind to think good thoughts. | 你有清晰的头脑来思考好想法 |
[03:15] | All of a sudden, you get in the zone, | 突然你就能进入状态了 |
[03:18] | and you’re doing stuff you don’t even believe you could do, | 做自己不敢相信能做到的事 |
[03:20] | and you win championships. | 然后你就能赢得 |
[03:23] | National championships. | 全国冠军 |
[03:25] | And when you win a national championship… | 当你成为全国冠军之后 |
[03:27] | I’ve never played basketball, | 我没打过篮球 |
[03:29] | but I’d follow this man through the gates of hell. | 但我愿意跟着他下火海 |
[03:31] | …don’t let the burn rate drag you down, | 别让资金消耗拖累你 |
[03:35] | because at the end of the day, | 因为到最后 |
[03:37] | it’s about winning championships for all of us, isn’t it? | 我们每个人都要赢 |
[03:43] | Coach gave us a great deal on the speaking fee. | 教练在演讲费上给了我们很大的优惠 |
[03:46] | He really did. Worth every cent. | 他确实值得这个价 |
[03:48] | And I hear he’s donating it to charity, | 我听说他要把钱捐给慈善机构 |
[03:49] | so a win for all. | 共赢啊 |
[04:18] | State-of-the-art facilities, | 最先进的设施 |
[04:19] | accommodations, transportation. | 住宿 交通 |
[04:22] | Designed to accommodate any and all environmental concerns. | 能适应所有环境问题 |
[04:26] | Everything pristine. | 一切都是崭新的 |
[04:32] | Yeah, well, I tell you, Mike, | 我得说 迈克 |
[04:34] | the whole thing’d be a lot more believable | 如果这里不是一尘不染 |
[04:35] | if there was, uh, dirt somewhere. | 那就可信多了 |
[04:39] | New York City’s never been this clean. | 纽约从来没有这么干净过 |
[04:40] | It was never my mandate before. | 之前可不是我指导的 |
[04:49] | I told them, make it dazzling. | 我让他们做得好一些 |
[04:51] | Dazzle the man, don’t leave anything to the imagination. | 惊艳大家 把一切想象都呈现出来 |
[04:53] | And that’s what I’m gonna do when the Games are actually here. | 而奥运会真正举办时我也会这样做 |
[04:56] | You know, they used to have a sundae at Haagen-Dazs | 哈根达斯之前有一款圣代 |
[04:58] | called the Dazzler. | 叫闪亮亮 |
[05:00] | I think they still do. You know, it’s dulce de leche ice cream | 现在应该还有 就是焦糖牛奶冰淇淋 |
[05:02] | with, like, ribbons of caramel, | 有很多焦糖酱 |
[05:04] | and then more dulce, more caramel. | 加上甜酒 再加些焦糖 |
[05:06] | Then you’d put whipped cream on it, and then they would just | 然后在上面涂上鲜奶油 |
[05:08] | cover the whole thing in, like, hot caramel sauce. | 把热焦糖酱都盖住 |
[05:10] | It earns its name: the Dazzler. | 由此得名闪亮亮 |
[05:12] | I would guzzle that sucker down. | 我能狼吞虎咽地吃干净 |
[05:14] | But, you know… | 但是 |
[05:16] | before long, | 很快 |
[05:18] | I’d start to feel milk-sick and bloated. | 我就会因为乳糖不耐而反胃 |
[05:22] | And, you see, I’m afraid it’s going to be the same way | 我担心在这里举办奥运会 |
[05:24] | with the Olympic Games here in our city. | 也会是一样的结果 |
[05:26] | Could be delicious, but | 可能会很不错 |
[05:27] | more likely to make me ill when the voters paddle my ass | 但更有可能让我面对选民的批评犯难 |
[05:30] | – ’cause they don’t like them, so… – Everyone loves… | – 因为他们不喜欢这样 – 每个人都喜欢 |
[05:32] | Chuck Rhoades changed the conversation | 查克·罗兹在一切讨论开始前 |
[05:34] | before it even started, all right? | 就改变了话题风向 |
[05:36] | Now, we wouldn’t be selling the Games, | 现在我们不会宣传奥运会 |
[05:37] | we’d be defending them from the jump. | 我们会从开始就防守 |
[05:39] | And the city council, legislator, activists, | 市议会 立法者 激进分子 |
[05:41] | they’re all going to crap on this Olympic bid | 他们会在申奥时胡扯一通 |
[05:43] | and they’re going to tag it with regulations, | 把法规扯进来 |
[05:45] | and that’s after you jump through | 这还是在你经过 |
[05:46] | a bunch of fucking hoops first… flaming ones. | 重重考验之后 |
[05:49] | You can’t win if you forfeit before the tip-off. | 如果你在开始前就放弃 是不可能赢的 |
[05:51] | Yeah, well, the only winner in this hopeless fucking outing | 这场无望的比赛中唯一的赢家 |
[05:53] | is going to be your chief legal counsel | 就是你那个以小时计费的 |
[05:55] | in billable hours. | 首席法律顾问 |
[05:56] | You and I, we can solve these issues together. | 我们可以一起解决问题 |
[05:59] | The Games are never coming to the city | 没有政府支持 |
[06:00] | without the governor’s support. | 奥运会不可能在这里举办 |
[06:02] | I hope that I can count on it. | 我希望能指望上你们 |
[06:03] | Mike, public opinion is 2% positive on this. | 迈克 公众支持率只有百分之二 |
[06:07] | I believe cancer is polling at 3%. | 估计连癌症支持率都有百分之三 |
[06:10] | Chuck’s stunt only worked ’cause it lit a fire | 查克的花招能奏效 |
[06:12] | under something that’s already lighted. | 是因为别人给他搭好了舞台 |
[06:14] | I am not getting in the bucket bailing relay line | 这次我不会再跟你一起 |
[06:16] | next to you on this one, all right? | 陷入泥沼了 |
[06:18] | Buzz me when you got something that’ll work. | 有什么有用的东西再打给我吧 |
[06:27] | God, is the stink of losing actually sticking? | 天哪 输家的丧气这么浓烈 |
[06:31] | I don’t want that gamy shit on me. | 可别沾上我 |
[06:46] | If he’s right and we’re stuck in a municipal swamp, we need… | 如果他是对的 我们困在内政沼泽中 |
[06:49] | – Some serious legal firepower. – Yes. | – 我们需要利用好法律武器 -没错 |
[06:59] | White-shoe firm. Maybe more than one. | 特权阶层公司 也许不止一个 |
[07:10] | A fixer at bar. A street fighter. A master of the dark arts. | 酒吧的调解者 街头霸王 黑魔法大师 |
[07:12] | Bill Barr’s a little controversial right now. | 比尔·巴尔现在颇有争议 |
[07:14] | Someone to navigate the land mines, | 需要有人穿过地雷阵 |
[07:16] | specifically the ones planted by Chuck Rhoades. | 特别是查克·罗兹埋下的那些 |
[07:19] | We have to hire from inside the government, | 我们得雇用政府内部人员 |
[07:20] | to backslap and crony our way past the city council. | 靠拍马屁和找关系通过市议会 |
[07:23] | You’re saying hire the guy who set the speed traps, | 你想找个能控场的 |
[07:25] | and you’ll always know when to slow down. | 好知道什么时候收手 |
[07:26] | Absolument. | 没错 |
[07:27] | Hell, we hired Spyros straight from the SEC, | 我们直接从证监会雇了斯皮罗斯 |
[07:29] | and as lame as he is, | 尽管他很差劲 |
[07:31] | we haven’t gotten calls from enforcement for two years. | 我们已经两年没接到过执法部门的电话了 |
[07:33] | Someone like Manhattan D.A. Gramm. | 像曼哈顿地检官格拉姆 |
[07:35] | Seems likable, but full-on pit bull. | 看着讨人喜欢 但就是个斗牛犬 |
[07:36] | She’d be perfect, but she’s a lifer. | 她很完美 但是个职业军人 |
[07:40] | M-Tap, I think he’s right. | 军事训练援助计划 他说得对 |
[07:41] | Oh, I’m right, | 我当然是对的 |
[07:44] | ’cause this is the down and dirty, | 干这种肮脏下作的事 |
[07:45] | and I happen to be both. | 我正是这种人 |
[07:47] | Yep, and if you can add Neil Young to your band, | 是的 如果你能让尼尔·杨加入乐队 |
[07:49] | you do it, even if you were already | 就最好了 即使你已经 |
[07:50] | getting by with Crosby and Nash. | 靠克罗斯比和纳什对付过去了 |
[07:52] | Good. Do it. | 好 那就这样做 |
[07:54] | Now, on another front: Colin has the advance team | 还有另一条战线上 柯林带来了 |
[07:56] | from the International Commission of Sport | 来自欧洲的国际体育委员会的 |
[07:58] | in from Europe. | 先遣队 |
[07:59] | They need to leave so happy… | 他们需要满意离开 |
[08:01] | Ah, that’s why you came to me. | 所以你来找我 |
[08:03] | The down and the dirty, as you said, yes. | 对 就是为了你说的不正当的事 |
[08:05] | So that they go home to their masters | 这样他们可以回去 |
[08:06] | and tell them we’re the ones that should top the short list. | 汇报说我们应该居于候选名单之首 |
[08:08] | And that the gift bags you’ll hand them | 你给他们的礼物 |
[08:10] | will be pendulous and heavy as Bo Derek’s… | 会厚重如波·德瑞克的… |
[08:12] | You can’t just bribe them. Everyone’s willing to bribe them. | 你不能这样 大家都想贿赂他们 |
[08:14] | Don’t use the “B” word in front of me. Come on. | 别在我面前说”贿赂” |
[08:16] | Yes, but the point is, if we were the bribing type… | 好的 但重点是如果我们是那种行贿的人 |
[08:18] | which we are not… | 虽然我们不是 |
[08:20] | they need to be made to feel special. | 他们需要有被优待的感觉 |
[08:23] | Pretty certain we have different ideas on “special.” | 我们对”优待”看法不一致 |
[08:26] | Well, since you two are already happy bunkmates, do it together. | 既然你们已经是一条线上的了 就一起做吧 |
[09:00] | No way. No way you get all that crap in that pack. | 不可能 你的包里不可能有那么多东西 |
[09:04] | Now, if you had a spatial algorithm | 如果你会空间算法 |
[09:07] | and someone who knew how to use it along with you, maybe. | 并且有人知道怎么和你配合使用还差不多 |
[09:10] | Oh, I guess that’d be you. | 我猜那个人就是你吧 |
[09:12] | Do you want to come along with your spatial-packing algo? | 你想用你的空间打包算法吗 |
[09:15] | As your worthy Sherpa. | 作为值得信赖的夏尔巴人 |
[09:17] | I’ll start optimizing the algo to our route | 我会优化算法 |
[09:18] | for strategic climate-to-weight… | 以实现战略气候路线 |
[09:20] | Oh, bud, buddy. Yeah, no. Big no. | 兄弟 不要 千万不要 |
[09:23] | So, you don’t want… | 你不需要 |
[09:25] | Company? Help? Unh-unh. | 陪伴 帮助 不需要 |
[09:28] | I’ll stuff it in with a toilet plunger | 我可以用马桶搋子塞进去 |
[09:30] | and throw away half of it if I have to. | 必要时扔掉一半东西 |
[09:37] | But I won’t have to, because Rolf shows us how. | 但我不需要这样做 因为罗尔夫教了方法 |
[09:49] | Feeling that Jack London, Elizabeth Gilbert call, huh? | 感受到杰克·伦敦和伊丽莎白·吉尔伯特的召唤啊 |
[09:52] | I don’t aim to leave for another eight to ten months, at least. | 我至少八到十个月后才会走 |
[09:55] | Just pre-planning. | 只是提前规划一下 |
[09:56] | – Once you’ve saved up enough. – Right. | – 你一攒够钱就走 – 对 |
[09:59] | No shame in the frugality game. I’ll peace once I have 600k. | 我很节俭的 等我赚到六十万就满意了 |
[10:02] | But for now, it’s more about grooving the feeling. | 但现在顺心就行 |
[10:04] | Visualizing. | 可视化 |
[10:05] | Active anticipation has psycho-physical benefits, | 积极参与对身心都好 |
[10:08] | and you can afford the time off. | 你有能力放个假 |
[10:09] | But why do this here and not at home? | 但是为什么在这而不是在家呢 |
[10:12] | I had enough at-home time, thanks. | 我已经在家呆得够多了 拜托 |
[10:14] | And the fantasy is, you go right from work, | 美好幻想是 你直接从工作上离开 |
[10:16] | like one day you just stand up and grab your rucksack | 就像某一天的夏天你突发奇想拿起旅行包 |
[10:19] | and take off from your desk into the sun-drenched deck | 从办公桌旁解放去到土耳其某个旅店的 |
[10:21] | of some Turkish hostel in the summer. | 阳光充足的阳台上 |
[10:24] | If reality were as good as the fantasy, | 如果现实真如幻想般梦幻 |
[10:25] | we wouldn’t have had to invent “The Sims.” | 我们也不用发明”模拟人生”了 |
[10:27] | If we start talking Sims, I’ll never get back to work. | 如果我们要讨论这个的话 我会没完没了的 |
[10:30] | Yeah. I lost all of 8th grade | 好吧 我整个初二都在沉迷于 |
[10:31] | in service of one particularly needy pet Sim dog, an Akita. | 一只特别粘人的秋田犬 |
[10:35] | Thing is, fantasy or reality, | 事实上 不管是幻想还是现实 |
[10:38] | you aren’t calculating opportunities lost. | 你都没有计较机会成本的得失 |
[10:40] | Here. To your career. To your development. | 来吧 祝你事业发展成功 |
[10:43] | Come on, you never think about getting free? | 拜托 你就从没想过从这解脱吗 |
[10:46] | No hidden agenda. | 实话实说 |
[10:47] | I too have considered and calculated | 我也考虑并计算过 |
[10:49] | an out number. | 退出前需要挣到的数字 |
[10:50] | Assuming it’s a little steeper | 我猜比匹兹堡一栋复式公寓 |
[10:52] | than the cost of a Pittsburgh duplex, huh? | 还要贵吧 |
[10:54] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[10:57] | Twenty mil? Fifty? | 两千万 还是五千万 |
[10:59] | – About twice that. – Oof! | – 差不多是你说的两倍价格 – 噢 |
[11:01] | Boss wants a beach house and a ski chalet. | 老板除了一栋海边别墅还想要个滑雪度假屋 |
[11:03] | No. No, they do not. | 不 不会是这些 |
[11:05] | Or that’s not the why, anyway. | 或者说这些不是原因 |
[11:07] | Correct. It’s not for lifestyle. | 是的 不是为了生活 |
[11:09] | I plan to leave once I’ve accrued enough personal capital | 我计划一等我累积到足够的个人资产去 |
[11:11] | to drive real, measurable, prosocial advancement. | 发展并贡献社会后我就离开 |
[11:14] | A 5% withdrawal rate to protect against principal erosion? | 百分之五的提款率避免通货膨胀吗 |
[11:18] | Exactly. One hundred million is a solid starting point | 是的 一亿美元是能够有效 |
[11:21] | to build a legacy of truly effective humanitarian progress. | 开始建立慈善事业的基本 |
[11:24] | Okay, but if my math is right, and I’m p-sure it is, | 好的 但是如果我没算的话 而我还蛮肯定的 |
[11:27] | you still got a while before you get to temple-run. | 离你存够钱还有一段时间 |
[11:30] | I do, so I gotta serve my master, get paid, | 是的 所以我要好好侍奉我的上级 拿到薪水 |
[11:32] | and make sure I can move the needle | 并且确保在到达那个数字之前 |
[11:34] | even before I hit my number. | 我能赚更多的钱 |
[11:36] | To that end, there’s something we need to work on for Prince. | 为了达到目的 我们得为普林斯处理一件事 |
[11:38] | – He asked you to? – Not yet. | – 他叫你这么做了吗 – 还没 |
[11:48] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:50] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[11:52] | I do love a Taylor Ham. | 我确实喜欢芝士鸡蛋堡 |
[11:54] | I made a swing out to Jersey and nabbed ’em. | 我专门去新泽西找到的 |
[11:57] | Nothing like the original. | 原版就是不一样 |
[11:58] | Absolutely so. Tremendous sandwich. | 当然了 伟大的三明治 |
[12:00] | The pork roll. John Taylor original. | 猪肉卷 约翰·泰勒原版 |
[12:03] | And you, Chuck Rhoades, | 而你 查克·罗兹 |
[12:04] | went out to Jersey and snagged us a couple. | 去新泽西为我们抢了几个 |
[12:06] | I did. | 确实 |
[12:07] | – I bagged a few for us. – Ah. | – 我打包了几个 – 啊 |
[12:09] | It’s a shame the Olympics only come every four years, | 奥利匹克每隔四年举办一次真是太遗憾了 |
[12:12] | or else I’d have guys like you and Prince playing fetch for me | 要不然我就有普林斯或者你来 |
[12:15] | up and down the Eastern Seaboard on the regular. | 定期到东海岸帮我买回来了 |
[12:18] | Could fire half my staff. | 可以炒掉我一半的员工了 |
[12:20] | Governor, I am a longtime friend and ally, | 州长 我与你是长期的朋友和同盟 |
[12:22] | while Mike Prince is… | 而迈克·普林斯是 |
[12:24] | Between us, I told him he’s mostly shit out of luck. | 这话我只跟你说 我告诉他 他是走狗屎运了 |
[12:27] | Perfect. So you’re with me on this. | 太好了 所以你跟我对此看法一样 |
[12:29] | That’s what I told Prince. | 我是这么告诉普林斯的 |
[12:31] | And it might be true. | 而事实可能就是这样 |
[12:32] | Listen, I know I got to take a flume ride | 听着 我知道在这件事上我怎么也得 |
[12:36] | with one of you two lunatics on this. | 跟你们两疯子其中一个趟趟浑水 |
[12:38] | I just haven’t decided who I win with yet. | 我只是还没决定要跟谁一起作胜利的一方 |
[12:40] | And you both need me more, | 而且你们都更需要我 |
[12:42] | so I finally got my balls back. | 所以终于掌握权在我手里 |
[12:45] | Can you hear ’em clank? | 你能听到那些球叮当响的声音吗 |
[12:47] | Loud as the cymbal crashes on “Hungry Like the Wolf.” | 就像钹敲出《饥饿如狼》那歌的声音那样大 |
[12:50] | But perhaps this isn’t a decision | 但是也许这不是需要 |
[12:52] | that requires a great show of inner steel. | 展示内心强大而做出的决定 |
[12:55] | Perhaps it merely requires remembering | 可能仅仅需要记得 |
[12:57] | that we, both of us, serve the people. | 我们两个都是为了服务人民 |
[13:00] | And Mike Prince’s grand plan, it doesn’t really serve them. | 而迈克·普林斯那宏大的计划不是服务人民 |
[13:04] | We know this. | 我们知道这些 |
[13:06] | You may know this. | 你可能知道这个 |
[13:08] | But I may need a little more convincing. | 但是我可能需要更具有说服力的东西 |
[13:17] | I have an ask. | 我有个请求 |
[13:28] | I need your input on a new hire. | 我需要你参与新的人员招聘 |
[13:31] | Trader, PM, or analyst? | 交易员 项目管理经理 还是分析员 |
[13:32] | Lawyer. | 律师 |
[13:34] | I need one from the other side | 我需要对立方的一个人 |
[13:35] | to break trail with city and state lawmakers. | 能抄近路接近立法者 |
[13:39] | I know what you’re asking, and I have the answer. | 我知道你想要什么 而且我有答案 |
[13:43] | Kate Sacker is the name you know you need to say | 你知道凯特·塞克就是那个你需要的人 |
[13:45] | but can’t quite bring yourself to. | 但是你不能自己提出来 |
[13:47] | Salut. | 谢谢 |
[13:48] | Is she as good as they say? | 她有他们说的那么好吗 |
[13:49] | Steel-trap legal mind, charisma, | 机灵的法学思维 有号召力 |
[13:51] | knows how to work the angles. | 思维灵活知道怎么变换角度 |
[13:53] | Has political ambitions too. Learned at Chuck’s elbow. | 也有政治野心 从查克那学的 |
[13:56] | Sounds amazing. Is she gettable? | 听起来很棒 我们能请到她吗 |
[13:58] | No. She’s completely loyal. | 不可能 她为人忠诚 |
[14:00] | – Right, who’s next on your…? – There’s no next. | – 好吧 那么你的下一个备选是 – 没有备选 |
[14:01] | Kim Philby seemed loyal too. | 金·菲尔比看起来也为人忠诚 |
[14:03] | And he broke a nation’s heart. | 但是他伤害了整个国家 |
[14:05] | What’s my best first move? | 你觉得我的下一步最好怎么做 |
[14:08] | Nah. | 不了 |
[14:09] | I’m going to respectfully stay out of this one. | 我决定这次不参加了 |
[14:12] | Things are fraught enough between me and my ex-husband | 我跟我前夫之间的关系已经很差了 |
[14:15] | without me steering you in the plucking of his personnel. | 即使我没帮你挖走他身边的工作人员 |
[14:19] | There must be something that would induce you | 肯定有东西 |
[14:20] | to do it for me, | 能引诱来为我工作吧 |
[14:22] | to make it worth it. | 让你觉得值得 |
[14:25] | I’m not that transactional. | 我还没到什么都可以交易的地步 |
[14:26] | And it’s not just because of Chuck. | 而且也不仅仅因为查克 |
[14:30] | Sacker’s special in all the ways I just mentioned, | 塞克确实如我刚才所说的那么特别 |
[14:32] | but in intangible ways too. | 但是还有很多无法形容的地方 |
[14:34] | The thought of bringing her in here? | 把她带到这里来的想法 |
[14:36] | Even if I dealt with the Chuck-of-it-all… | 即使我告诉她这是为了查克好 |
[14:38] | In here is not the place it used to be. | 这里已经不是原来的那个地方了 |
[14:40] | We’re different. | 我们不一样 |
[14:41] | I want to believe that that’s true. | 我想相信你说的话是真的 |
[14:44] | Consider it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[14:46] | You hear what you’re asking, right? | 你知道你的要求是什么吗 |
[14:48] | You hear what I’m offering, right? | 你知道我可以提供什么 对吗 |
[14:51] | So will you? | 所以你愿意吗 |
[15:00] | Well, if anyone could give Jersey a fighting chance, | 如果有人能给新泽西一次抗争的机会 |
[15:01] | it’s Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi. | 那就是布鲁斯·斯普林斯汀和乔恩·邦·乔维 |
[15:03] | I’m glad to hear you fellas are down for the cause. | 很高兴听到你们愿意这么做 |
[15:05] | I’ll send you details. | 我等会把细节发给你 |
[15:07] | Great stuff. Just great. Thank you. | 很好 太棒了 谢谢 |
[15:11] | The Boss and Bon Jovi. | 邦·乔维和他的老板 |
[15:13] | Ah. | 啊 |
[15:14] | You starting a band? | 你要组建一个乐队吗 |
[15:15] | We may have a meeting across the river, | 我们可能会在河对面开个会 |
[15:17] | if you know what I’m saying. | 如果你知道我在说什么的话 |
[15:18] | Let’s switch to you knowing what I’m saying. | 现在换你 看你是否听懂我在说什么 |
[15:22] | Congress. | 议会 |
[15:24] | It’s time. | 到时候了 |
[15:25] | I need you to get guys like that donating to me. | 我需要你找些人赞助我 |
[15:27] | – Playing for me. – And they will. We will. | – 为我做事 – 他们会的 我们会找到的 |
[15:29] | Soon enough, but not quite yet. We got big stuff on our plate. | 很快 但是不是现在 我们还有重要的事要做 |
[15:32] | I need to start raising money, building a staff, | 我需要开始募集资金 组建团队 |
[15:35] | doing the grip-and-grins in my district, | 在我的地区开始握手言欢 |
[15:37] | the kinds of things I cannot do while I’m on the state’s dime. | 那些我在这不能做的事情 |
[15:40] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[15:41] | We all had to hit the pause button for months. | 我们这几个月都按下了暂停键 |
[15:44] | But everyone’s plans have had to take a back seat | 但是每个人的计划都需要退一步 |
[15:46] | – for the greater good. – That was fine for a while. | – 为了更大的利益 – 一段时间可以 |
[15:49] | No more. | 不能再长了 |
[15:50] | All due respect, I need big cases with big wins | 无意冒犯 我需要赢下大案子 |
[15:53] | to burnish the rep, or I need to get out. | 去培养好的名声 否则我就退出 |
[15:55] | We are going to have big cases. You will. Very soon. | 我们会有大案子的 你会有的 很快 |
[15:59] | We’re stopping Citizen Prince from buying off | 我们正在阻止普林斯收买 |
[16:01] | the greatest metropolis in the history of mankind, | 人类历史上最伟大的城市 |
[16:04] | which will cement your political place. | 这事会奠定你的政治地位 |
[16:09] | You’ve stayed the course with me this far. | 你已经跟我这么久了 |
[16:11] | All I ask is that you use your instincts | 我只要求你跟着你的直觉 |
[16:13] | and hang in with me a little longer. | 再和我一起坚持一下 |
[16:16] | We’re finally doing the good thing for good reason, | 我们终于能以正当的理由做好事 |
[16:19] | and it will be good for you, Kate. | 这对你来说也会有利 凯特 |
[16:25] | You know what the most powerful four-letter word is? | 你知道世上最有力的四个字母单词是什么吗 |
[16:27] | I don’t curse much. | 我很少说脏话 |
[16:28] | “Free.” | 免费 |
[16:30] | I know how to unlock it for our benefit, | 我知道怎么破局为我们创造收益 |
[16:31] | and to help a whole whack of people. | 同时还能帮助很多人 |
[16:33] | We give Wi-Fi away as part of our gift to New York. | 我们把无线网当作礼物的一部分送给纽约市 |
[16:35] | – That a huge… – There’s a company. | – 那也太大了 – 有个公司 |
[16:37] | People of the World. | 叫世界人民 |
[16:38] | They use blockchain to siphon unused Wi-Fi | 他们用区块链去抽走现有电信公司中 |
[16:40] | from existing networks of major telecom companies, | 无人使用的无线网络 |
[16:43] | then bundle the undetectable excess for civilian use. | 然后包装无法检测到的多余部分作为民用 |
[16:45] | So free public Internet can start now in New York | 所以免费的公共网络可以在纽约开始使用 |
[16:47] | as a goodwill incentive pre-Olympics, | 作为奥运会预热的美好愿景 |
[16:49] | and continue gratis through the Games for athletes, | 也无偿提供给奥运会的运动员们 |
[16:51] | and to cover the influx of tourists. | 和因此而来的游客们 |
[16:53] | Dumpster diving for bit rate. Genius. | 为了比特率在垃圾中找宝藏 聪明 |
[16:56] | – You have a line into it? – Yes. Here’s the pitch: | – 你有想对应的口号吗 – 嗯 口号是 |
[16:58] | New Yorkers get it gratis, courtesy of the Games. | 纽约人免费使用网络 奥运会之礼 |
[17:00] | Free Internet in the five boroughs is the holy grail. | 五个镇能享受到免费网络就是成功 |
[17:03] | And we set it up so that every time a New Yorker uses it, | 我们还将设置 纽约人每使用一次免费网络 |
[17:05] | someone in sub-Saharan Africa | 非洲撒哈拉的某个人 |
[17:07] | gets the same allotment of Wi-Fi. | 就能得到无线网络的一个配额 |
[17:10] | It’s a do-good, feel-good, look-good play. | 这不管是做起来 感觉上还是观感上都很好 |
[17:12] | The greatest trio since Run-DMC and Jam Master Jay. | 自吉姆·大师·杰伊以来最好的一箭三雕 |
[17:15] | What’s it gonna cost? | 成本多少 |
[17:16] | Twenty-two million, and we control the company. | 两千两百万 而且我们控股那个公司 |
[17:24] | Do it. | 去做吧 |
[17:30] | You seem like a man who needs antioxidants. | 你看起来像一个需要抗氧剂的男人 |
[17:32] | Hmm, shit, you’re right. | 靠 你说对了 |
[17:34] | How’s this whole “Tango and Cash” thing going? | 《怒虎狂龙》这事进行得怎么样了 |
[17:36] | Ah, the Stallone-Russell classic. | 啊就像史泰龙那样 |
[17:38] | Which one is Stallone in that? | 史泰龙扮演了哪个角色 |
[17:40] | – Tango. – Glad you know that one, Wags. | – 探戈 – 真高兴你知道这个梗 瓦格纳 |
[17:42] | Which is why you will relate, personally, | 这也是为什么你要联系自身 |
[17:43] | so well to certain of these folks on the advance team. | 去安抚这些高级团队中的兄弟们 |
[17:45] | Make them feel special. | 让他们感觉自己很特别 |
[17:47] | I will handle the business forward part of the evening, | 我晚上会处理商务上接下来的事情 |
[17:49] | the front of the El Camino, as it were, and you will… | 就像是雪佛兰的门脸 而你 |
[17:52] | Organize the junk in the trunk. | 梳理后备箱中的垃圾 |
[17:53] | Sure. I already went to the trouble to get… | 好的 我已经不辞辛劳地得到 |
[17:56] | I don’t need the granular detai… | 我不需要这些细枝末节 |
[18:01] | Are those Quaaludes? | 那些是安眠酮吗 |
[18:02] | That’s right. Methaqualone. | 是的 甲苯喹唑酮 |
[18:04] | A.K.A., Beiruts, Bandits, Wagon Wheels. | 别名 贝鲁特 土匪药 车轮药 |
[18:08] | They’re not Lemmons. I couldn’t get that lucky. | 这不是莱蒙牌的 我不可能那么幸运 |
[18:10] | But they are Rorers. | 但是这些是罗勒牌的 |
[18:11] | Our friends will feel as warm and fuzzy | 我们的朋友会感觉到温暖和晕乎乎的 |
[18:13] | as a baby kitten on the cover of Cat Fancy. | 就像爱猫杂志封面的小猫一样 |
[18:21] | Can you legally possess those in the U.S.? | 在美国你可以合法拥有这些药物吗 |
[18:23] | I have a prescription… of sorts. | 我有获得各种处方药的途径 |
[18:26] | Another reason why I won’t be there for that part. | 这是我不会出现在那的另外一个原因 |
[18:28] | Neither will I. I’ll just hand them out. | 我也不会 我只是分给别人 |
[18:30] | I’m working on a project that… | 我正在做一个项目 |
[18:35] | Chelz and I have decided to try, you know? | 我和舒尔茨决定试一试 你知道的 |
[18:38] | She’s got this app which tells her | 她用了个软件 能告诉她 |
[18:40] | when she’s… | 什么时候她 |
[18:43] | when she’s ovulating. | 什么时候是她的排卵期 |
[18:47] | So when the thing bings or beeps or whatever it does, | 所以每当那个软件叮叮当当发出动静 |
[18:49] | I need to hop to. I have got to be home | 我就要跳上车 赶回家里 |
[18:51] | and ready by 5:30 a.m. that morning, | 然后在那天凌晨五点半准备好 |
[18:53] | guns loaded, so to speak. | 就是说 “枪”已上膛了 |
[18:55] | Well, at the appropriate time, I cannot wait to wish you mazel. | 好吧 祝愿你取得成功 |
[18:58] | Tango and Cash, or is it more Bialystock and Bloom? | 《怒虎狂龙》还是比亚维斯托克与布鲁姆 |
[19:00] | I can’t quite tell. | 我分不清 |
[19:02] | But I think I like it. | 但我喜欢这样 |
[19:04] | Night, gents. | 晚安 先生们 |
[19:17] | Initial infrastructure costs in sub-Saharan Africa | 非洲撒哈拉以南的基础设施成本 |
[19:19] | are hella-spensive. | 高得起飞了 |
[19:20] | Yes, as most things of value are. | 是的 大多数有价值的东西都这样 |
[19:22] | The numbers, they just… they don’t… | 这些数字 他们就 他们没有 |
[19:24] | It’s a sucky thing to say, but I’m just gonna say it. | 虽然不是什么好事 但我还是得说 |
[19:26] | We should dump the Africa Wi-Fi piece. | 我们应该放弃非洲Wi-Fi的这一部分 |
[19:28] | Not dump it, but hold it. | 不能放弃 但等等 |
[19:30] | If that capital is rolled into marketing and development, | 如果这些资本能进入市场和发展之中 |
[19:32] | the company comes out of the Olympics stronger… | 公司会在奥运会之后变得更强 |
[19:34] | I’m sorry you did say it, | 我很遗憾你这么说 |
[19:36] | because this is all about the Africa piece. | 因为非洲才是这件事的关键 |
[19:38] | That’s the whole thing. We’ll still make money, and do good. | 非洲才是重点 我们还是会盈利并且成功的 |
[19:40] | It won’t be as much money. Barely any, really. | 不会有那么多收益 几乎没有 |
[19:43] | Willing to pay that price. | 我愿意付出这个代价 |
[19:46] | Yeah. Me too. More than willing. | 我也一样 心甘情愿 |
[19:48] | That’s what I always say. | 这就是我常说的 |
[19:52] | It’s not really. It just seemed like what I should say now. | 也不是 只是我似乎现在应该这么说 |
[19:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:22] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[20:25] | So nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:27] | And you. | 你怎么样 |
[20:28] | Wasn’t she incredible? | 她是不是超级棒 |
[20:30] | Oh, I’m buzzing. | 对 我超激动 |
[20:32] | I still remember how I felt reading Crenshaw’s 1989 paper | 我还记得在法学院第一次 |
[20:35] | on intersectionality for the first time in law school. | 读到克伦肖1989年关于交叉性论文时的感觉 |
[20:39] | So how have you been? | 你最近怎么样 |
[20:40] | Bene. You? | 挺好的 你呢 |
[20:42] | How goes Axe Cap? | 阿克塞资本怎么样 |
[20:44] | It’s not Axe Cap anymore. | 再也没有阿克塞资本了 |
[20:46] | I mean, okay, but… | 我是说 好吧 |
[20:48] | Different name on the shingle. Different vibe. | 换个新人 换种气氛 |
[20:50] | – So you say. – No, no. | – 你这么说吧 – 不是 |
[20:53] | It’s, uh, different. | 额 就是不同 |
[20:55] | This guy gives a shit about more than money. | 这个人不怎么在乎钱 |
[20:57] | He still makes plenty. | 依然赚的盆满钵满 |
[20:59] | It’s weird, but in a good way. | 这很奇怪 但也挺好的 |
[21:01] | But weird. | 但还是奇怪 |
[21:03] | – Hmm. Sounds like it. – Yeah, like right now, | – 听着就是 – 是 就像现在 |
[21:05] | we’re engaged in this big municipal project, | 我们在忙一个大的市政工程 |
[21:07] | poised to make major impact, | 准备占据主要地位 |
[21:09] | but still facing public-sector resistance. | 但还是面临着公共部门的压力 |
[21:13] | You could hear what that sounds like, if you wanted. | 如果你愿意的话 你可以来听一听 |
[21:18] | Hear it how? | 怎么听 |
[21:19] | Come by for a half hour. | 来个半小时 |
[21:21] | Meet the guy. | 到时见见他 |
[21:22] | Listen. Talk. | 听一听 聊一聊 |
[21:23] | The whole thing. | 这整件事 |
[21:25] | You suggesting I walk into your offices? | 我应该直接去你的办公室吗 |
[21:28] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[21:29] | Well, thanks anyway for thinking of me. | 多谢你能想到我 |
[21:33] | You know, Kate… | 你知道的 凯特 |
[21:36] | sometimes staying too long is a bigger risk | 早点全身而退比起留在原地 |
[21:38] | than leaving too soon. | 更安全 |
[21:41] | There’s never a right time to make a big change. | 想要做出巨大改变的时机不需要等 |
[21:46] | It’s good running into you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:48] | You too. | 你也一样 |
[21:56] | Act interested, but coy. | 表现出兴趣 但不张扬 |
[21:57] | Be your charming self. | 释放个人魅力 |
[21:59] | Engage enough to keep them flashing the bait, | 足够的投入 让他们自愿上钩 |
[22:02] | but make them work for it. | 也要让他们付出代价 |
[22:04] | Elida Geisha | 来点艺妓咖啡 |
[22:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:22] | Thanks for coming, Kate. | 多谢你能来 凯特 |
[22:24] | Wendy said I had to sit with you. | 温迪和我说一定要见见你 |
[22:26] | She said the same about you. | 她也是这么和我说的 |
[22:27] | Nice to be here without a warrant. | 很高兴不是带着搜查证来的 |
[22:30] | Love what you’ve done with the place. | 喜欢你的经营方式 |
[22:32] | No basis for warrants in these parts anymore. | 这个地方不会再要搜查证了 |
[22:34] | Then I’d love to know what this meeting is about. | 我想知道这个会议是关于什么的 |
[22:36] | It’s about me offering you the role of lead counsel | 我可以为你提供纽约有史以来第一次奥运会 |
[22:39] | for New York City’s first ever Olympics. | 首席律师的职位 |
[22:42] | Nice and shiny. | 闪闪动人啊 |
[22:45] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[22:45] | Your granular expertise in city bureaucracy, | 你对城市官僚机构掌握得细致入微 |
[22:48] | balanced by panoramic understanding | 同时拥有对政治的 |
[22:50] | of the political landscape. | 全局性了解 |
[22:51] | We want you at the epicenter of this undertaking. | 我们想让你做这个任务的顶梁柱 |
[22:54] | Leading the farthest-reaching legal proceedings | 领导这个国家十年以来 |
[22:56] | the state has seen in a decade. | 影响最深远的法律诉讼 |
[22:58] | There’s just the tiny wrinkle of my current boss | 只是我现在的老板和整个职业生涯 |
[23:00] | and entire career history. | 有点小问题 |
[23:03] | Why would you trust me? | 为什么还相信我 |
[23:05] | There’s nothing illegal happening here, | 这不是什么违法的事情 |
[23:06] | so we don’t need you as our co-conspirator. | 所以你不用当我们的同谋 |
[23:09] | Our only crime will be ushering in | 我们唯一的罪名就是 |
[23:10] | a new era of opportunity. | 迎来了一个充满机遇的新时代 |
[23:13] | A safer, cleaner, more prosperous New York. | 一个更安全 更清洁 更繁荣的纽约 |
[23:17] | For who? | 为了谁 |
[23:19] | Your investors? | 你们的投资人 |
[23:20] | When Sinatra sang about this place, | 当西纳特拉歌唱这里 |
[23:22] | when Jay-Z and Alicia Keys did, they meant it. | 当Jay-Z和艾丽西亚·凯斯歌唱 他们是认真的 |
[23:25] | They captured that romance | 他们捕捉浪漫 |
[23:28] | and the possibility of what this city could be. | 还有这个城市任何的可能性 |
[23:30] | When you look around now, is that what you see? | 你现在环顾四周 你是看到的是这些吗 |
[23:32] | – Of course you don’t. – Of course you don’t. | – 你当然不会 – 你不会 |
[23:34] | The city’s been gored and gutted. | 这座城市已经被掏空了 |
[23:36] | We’re gonna turn it around. | 我们要让它改头换面 |
[23:39] | The Games bring so much in their wake. | 奥运会带来如此之多的红利 |
[23:41] | Infrastructure. Excitement. | 更好的设施 更多的激情 |
[23:43] | Free cultural events. Free Wi-Fi. | 免费的文化活动 免费的Wi-Fi |
[23:45] | Sounds grand. | 冠冕堂皇啊 |
[23:47] | Where do I fit in? | 我要做什么 |
[23:49] | I need someone to bushwhack | 我要找个人 |
[23:51] | through the legal thickets | 越过法律的丛林 |
[23:52] | so I can make all that a possibility. | 让我能实现这一切 |
[23:55] | Think about how landing a well-run Olympics | 想想看 承办一个精彩的奥运会 |
[23:57] | could play for you in a congressional run. | 会给你的国会竞选增色多少 |
[24:02] | Nice info, | 听起来不错 |
[24:04] | but it’s not at all clear that this would help | 但我不能确保是否能帮上忙 |
[24:07] | if those were my plans. | 假设这是我的计划的话 |
[24:10] | By the time I’m done, | 只要事成 |
[24:11] | this city’s gonna be begging for the big top. | 整个城市都会追捧大人物 |
[24:13] | And you’ll be touted as the woman who cleared the way | 而你就会被捧为排除万难 |
[24:15] | to make it all possible. | 最终使奥运落地的成功女性 |
[24:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:19] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[24:26] | Why don’t I send over some good names. | 要不我推荐几个合适人选吧 |
[24:32] | Thanks for the pricey coffee. | 谢谢你的贵价咖啡 |
[24:38] | You were right. It was a job offer. | 你说得对 是个职位邀请 |
[24:41] | My experience with government in general, | 以我在政府的经验而言 |
[24:44] | and, I think, this office, was the driver. | 我觉得这个办公室 就是驱动者 |
[24:45] | Oh, I bet. What’d you pick up? | 我就说 你知道些什么 |
[24:48] | They are going to vivify and beautify this fair city, | 他们要把这座城市变得更加活泼美丽 |
[24:51] | first for the Games, | 先是为了奥运 |
[24:52] | then for all of us in their wake. | 之后为了人民 |
[24:54] | – But there are, of course… – Regulatory… | – 但是有一些 – 监管 |
[24:55] | Measures and thickets of… | 措施 规则 政治丛林 |
[24:57] | Rules, I’d imagine, that need… | 我想他们需要… |
[24:59] | Just the sort of sharp knife I carry, yep. | 我有的那些尖端手段 |
[25:03] | All sorts of infrastructure improvements, | 全方位的基础设施改善 |
[25:04] | from buildings to the shit flying through the air | 从高楼到空中的垃圾 |
[25:06] | connecting the world, | 连接全世界 |
[25:07] | which he’s going to give away for free. | 而他会免费提供 |
[25:09] | Sure. | 当然 |
[25:11] | Sure, they will need someone like you | 他们一定需要像你这样的人才 |
[25:12] | if they think the telecom and wireless folks | 如果他们觉得电信和无线公司的人 |
[25:15] | are going to welcome whatever he’s got planned. | 会接受他这种计划 |
[25:18] | Not going to be me. | 不会是我 |
[25:20] | You want me to pass right now, in front of you? | 我需要在你面前推掉吗 |
[25:22] | No. Not yet. | 不 还不行 |
[25:23] | In 24 hours, you’re going to pass. | 二十四小时之后 你再拒绝 |
[25:25] | First, I know who I want to take that job: | 首先 我知道谁能去胜任那个工作了 |
[25:27] | Ira Schirmer. | 艾拉·施尔默 |
[25:29] | And I know what I’m going to do about this bullshit, | 我也知道怎么处理这件事 |
[25:31] | pandering free Wi-Fi initiative too. | 暂时放纵他的免费Wi-Fi计划 |
[25:35] | You’re a wealthy man. | 你很有钱 |
[25:37] | Young wife, young child. | 年轻貌美的老婆 可爱的孩子 |
[25:40] | You have it all. | 你什么都有了 |
[25:42] | But you know what you don’t have? | 但你知道你现在缺什么吗 |
[25:46] | An alpaca? | 一只羊驼吗 |
[25:48] | Might be kind of tough in the apartment. | 这间小公寓可能养不了 |
[25:50] | But, no, it’s true. I saw Downey on the newish Letterman thing. | 但我真想要 最近莱特曼脱口秀上 我看唐尼有 |
[25:53] | – Alpacas… – Relevance. | – 一只羊驼 – 很接近了 |
[25:54] | Access. | 渠道 |
[25:56] | Being in the mix. | 融入其中 |
[25:58] | I want this? This sounds like a pain in the ass. | 我不怎么想要 这听起来很头疼 |
[26:00] | You need this. | 你需要这个 |
[26:03] | And I get it how? | 那我怎么得到呢 |
[26:06] | Prince offered Sacker a job | 普林斯给塞克提供了个工作 |
[26:08] | steering him through the legal quagmire. | 帮助他走出困境 |
[26:10] | You go be his baby driver instead. | 你可以去做他的军师 |
[26:13] | That guy is too smart to go for this. | 他很聪明 不会接受的 |
[26:15] | He knows I’m your friend. | 他知道我是你的朋友 |
[26:17] | My best friend. And you lead with that. | 是我最好的朋友 这正是你的优势 |
[26:20] | This is why you’re perfect for it. | 这也是你为什么这么合适 |
[26:21] | You know my moves and… | 你了解我 |
[26:23] | – And he sees right through it. – Not if you declaim: | – 他会一眼看穿 – 只要你说 |
[26:25] | I won’t hurt Rhoades personally. | 我不会因为私心去伤害罗兹的 |
[26:26] | I love the man. | 我挺喜欢他 |
[26:28] | But this is business, and I will be your lawyer, | 但这是生意场 我会做你的律师 |
[26:31] | and couldn’t betray you without risking my license. | 我不会背叛你 不然就有悖我的职业素养 |
[26:36] | So I’m an asset, and you’re running me at him. | 所以我就是资产 你把我送给他 |
[26:38] | You been reading Ambler? | 你读过安布勒的书吗 |
[26:40] | Yeah, a bit. The Zaleshoff books. | 读过一点 泽勒霍夫那本 |
[26:42] | And I can tell you, it’s not going to work. | 我也可以告诉你 这没用 |
[26:44] | He’s… he’s too smart. | 他真的 太聪明了 |
[26:45] | So you go further. | 所以你先行一步 |
[26:47] | We use those very smarts and his ambition. | 我们利用他的智慧和野心 |
[26:51] | You tell him that your friendship with me | 你和他坦白你我之间的友情 |
[26:53] | is hurting you professionally. | 在职业发展方面影响了你 |
[26:55] | You’ve lost clients over it. | 你为此失去了客户 |
[26:57] | You have to show that you’re not afraid to go against me, | 你要表现得敢于和我对着干 |
[26:59] | that you know my moves and how to blunt them. | 你知道我的一举一动以及这么破坏我的计划 |
[27:02] | And you commit to it and mean it. | 你做此承诺 然后认真对待 |
[27:04] | I can mean it if I have to. | 如果必要的话我会的 |
[27:06] | As you have shown me in the past. | 就像你原来表现得那样 |
[27:11] | Go do it. | 着手做吧 |
[27:21] | Can’t wait to finish building this boat for you. | 我等不及想为你建完这艘船了 |
[27:24] | – Can you hurry it up? – Yeah, I am. | – 能快点吗 – 当然 |
[27:26] | I’ll have it done for you in three years. | 我会在三年内给你完成 |
[27:28] | That includes greening, right? Has to. | 那包括环保化 对吧 那是必要的 |
[27:30] | I need this thing carbon-neutral. | 我需要这东西碳中和 |
[27:32] | No carbon footprint. Not just the power plant. | 不留下碳足迹 不单单是发动机 |
[27:35] | Stem to stern. | 从船身到船尾 |
[27:36] | That’s what I do. | 我就干这个的 |
[27:50] | Ira, of course I know who you are, | 艾拉 我当然知道你 |
[27:51] | but not why you’re calling. | 只是不知道你为什么打电话来 |
[27:53] | Well, how could you know before you’ve heard my spiel? | 你还没听我说 当然不会知道 |
[27:56] | You may be magnificent, but you’re not Carnac. | 你或许很厉害 但你不是卡纳克巨石 |
[27:58] | – Ira? – I’m calling because | – 别绕圈子了 – 我打电话是因为 |
[28:00] | you’re looking for a legal eagle. | 听说你在找一个法律角度的建议 |
[28:01] | One who can be a big blocker against the government. | 一个可以用来给政府制造麻烦的建议 |
[28:03] | Ah, and you’re the Chuck whisperer? | 所以你是查克身边的告密者 |
[28:06] | The Chuck neutralizer. | 查克终结者 |
[28:10] | Your friendship is widely known. | 大家都知道你们关系很好 |
[28:12] | As is attorney/client privilege. | 律师客户之间的特权也很重要 |
[28:13] | I’d be sworn to work on your behalf | 我发誓我可以为你工作 |
[28:15] | and keep everything confidential. | 一切信息保密 |
[28:17] | I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a man like Rhoades | 想来我也不会惊讶罗兹这样的人会有朋友 |
[28:19] | – has friends ready to… – I won’t hit him personally. | – 准备要… – 我不会攻击他本人 |
[28:21] | Ever. Even though I know what an utter hemorrhoid he can be | 绝不会 即使我知道当你和他作对时 |
[28:24] | when you’re against him, I love the guy. | 他可以很恶心 我还是爱他的 |
[28:27] | But it’s important for me professionally | 不过对我的职业来说 |
[28:28] | to be seen to stand up to him. | 被看到我跟他对抗很重要 |
[28:30] | And when I do, I will sit his ass down. | 而当我正要与他对抗 我会一屁股把他坐死 |
[28:35] | Let’s get together and talk in person. | 不如见个面 当面聊 |
[28:36] | I’ll have Kristy get with your office to lock in. | 我会让克里斯蒂去联系你秘书来安排时间 |
[28:38] | Sounds good. | 可以 |
[28:43] | You really got with the spirit there. | 你刚刚演的真像 |
[28:46] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[28:49] | – You can’t consider it. – I consider everything. | – 你不能考虑这个 – 我会考虑一切事情 |
[28:51] | It’s a setup. You know it’s a setup. | 这是个陷阱 你知道这是个陷阱 |
[28:54] | He had to know we’d think that, and called anyway. | 他肯定知道我这么想 但还是给我打了电话 |
[28:56] | Look, it’s moot unless you guys close tonight, | 除非你们今晚能搞定 不然就没有意义了 |
[28:58] | so let me worry about the barrister. | 所以让我来担心这个律师吧 |
[29:00] | You nail your part. | 你们完成你们的工作 |
[29:08] | Chuck Rhoades is fucking with our Wi-Fi play. | 查克·罗兹在阻挠我们的无线计划 |
[29:11] | Someone is coming for what’s yours, folks. | 大家 有人要来抢属于你们的东西了 |
[29:15] | You’re big telecom. | 你们是大电信运营商 |
[29:17] | We can’t let that happen. | 我们不能袖手旁观 |
[29:21] | Rhoades has mobilized big telecom | 罗兹动员了主要电信运营商来 |
[29:22] | against People of the World. | 对抗”世界人民” |
[29:24] | They’re calling it piggybacking, signal theft, | 他们说那是搭便车 偷信号 |
[29:25] | antitrust, even though it’s excess signal | 反信任 即使那些宽带是多余的 |
[29:27] | that no one’s using. We need PR firms. Legal. Lobbyists. | 我们需要公关公司 还有律师和说客 |
[29:29] | We’ve got to spend against this move. | 我们要花钱对抗这行动 |
[29:31] | Ballpark it for me. | 给我个数字 |
[29:33] | Thirteen and a half million. | 一千三百五十万 |
[29:42] | Okay, I’ll get into it. | 行 我会搞定 |
[29:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:56] | The Games in New York City | 纽约市举办的奥林匹克比赛 |
[29:57] | will be a sports and a cultural event. | 将会是一个体育和文化交融的盛事 |
[29:59] | It’ll be the only way you can still see the Gates again. | 这会是那组大门重新出现在大众视野的机会 |
[30:02] | We’ve secured the rights with Jeanne-Claude | 我们已经和珍妮-克劳德和 |
[30:03] | and Christo’s estate. | 克里斯托的经纪人谈过版权问题 |
[30:11] | That is something. | 那可是件大事 |
[30:13] | It’s not nothing. | 反正不是小事 |
[30:16] | Let’s move to dinner. | 我们移步晚餐吧 |
[30:18] | If Jeanne-Claude and Christo aren’t blowing you away, | 如果珍妮-克劳德和克里斯托还不够惊艳 |
[30:20] | I imagine Chef Scott and his team will. | 那我相信斯科特大厨和他的团队能带来惊喜 |
[30:25] | Oh, I know this lot. | 噢 我知道这帮人 |
[30:27] | This is as interested as they get | 他们也就是这个娱乐程度了 |
[30:28] | without being absolutely committed. | 除非他们极度感兴趣 |
[30:30] | Welcome, members. | 欢迎 成员们 |
[30:32] | This is the whole hog. | 这是一整只野猪 |
[30:35] | Understand, folks, that I have slow-cooked | 大伙儿 这是我为大家慢火烹调 |
[30:37] | and hand-pulled for you to enjoy to the fullest. | 手工拉丝的 为的是大家的尽情享用 |
[30:49] | Hear, hear! | 掌声 掌声 |
[30:51] | Yum! And there’ll be more stops pulled out after that, | 好吃 之后还会有更多精彩节目 |
[30:54] | don’t you all worry. | 大家不用担心 |
[30:56] | Remember, I’m gone after dinner. | 听着 晚饭之后我就得走了 |
[30:57] | Yeah, after we eat, it’s off to Palazzo with our soft targets. | 吃完饭 就该去帕拉佐餐厅泡妞了 |
[31:01] | Place is loaded with talent. Clean talent. | 那地方有很多”人才” 干净的”人才” |
[31:03] | And I mean clean. | 我说的是真的”干净” |
[31:06] | Ladies, gentlemen, other. | 不管是男的女的还是其他性别的 |
[31:07] | Everything they’ll want. | 所有他们想要的 |
[31:09] | And all documented, vaxxed, and virus-free | 全都有着记录 已接种疫苗 都有抗体 |
[31:12] | with antibodies onboard. | 确保没有病毒 |
[31:13] | Then I’ll peel off, too. | 然后我也就撤退了 |
[31:14] | What? No, no, no. | 什么 不行 不行 |
[31:16] | Gentlemen, if you both depart, | 先生们 如果你们都离开了 |
[31:17] | our friends will become uncomfortable. | 我们的朋友就该不高兴了 |
[31:20] | They’ll have you right there with them. | 他们不是有你在吗 |
[31:22] | This is what you’re getting paid for. | 我付你钱就是为了这个 |
[31:24] | Yes, but if one of you doesn’t partake, | 是 但是如果你们中有一人不参与 |
[31:26] | they’ll be looking for cameras. | 他们就得起疑心了 |
[31:27] | They’ll imagine it’s a setup. | 他们会觉得这是个陷阱 |
[31:29] | A blackmail play. It’s happened before in Bogotá. | 用来勒索他们的 这事在波哥大发生过 |
[31:31] | But Bogotá never had the Games. | 但波哥大又没有举办过奥运 |
[31:34] | – Oh. – Exactly. | – 噢 – 正是如此 |
[31:38] | Well, I’ve done my part. | 反正 我已经完成我的工作了 |
[31:40] | So it’s on you, Wagsy. Enjoy. | 这得看你了 瓦格斯 你玩得开心 |
[31:42] | Now excuse me while I pander to my audience. | 抱歉我得去招待客人了 |
[31:45] | Who is hangry for some hog? | 你们谁想要来点野猪肉呀 |
[31:54] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[31:57] | You scared me there… | 你和你那辆蝙蝠车 |
[31:59] | with your Batmobile. | 吓到我了 |
[32:01] | What brings you up to the triple digits? | 什么风把您吹来了 |
[32:05] | We have to talk. It’s your time, Kate. | 我们得谈谈 到你了 凯特 |
[32:09] | America doesn’t elect pessimists, | 美国不喜欢悲观主义者 |
[32:10] | it elects those that see the brighter and better future. | 他们喜欢那些能带来美好未来的 |
[32:13] | The Olympics will do for this town | 而举办奥运会能为这城市带来美好未来 |
[32:16] | what they once did for Greece. | 就像它们为希腊所做的 |
[32:18] | And they’ll do you some good too. | 也会对你有帮助 |
[32:20] | This isn’t America. It’s New York. | 这里不是美国 是纽约 |
[32:22] | And the only thing worse than a pessimist is a bullshitter. | 比悲观主义者更差的是胡说八道的 |
[32:25] | If I come aboard and you are wrong, | 如果我愿意加入 而你却错了 |
[32:26] | it’ll be the end for me as a candidate. | 那我的竞选就完蛋了 |
[32:28] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道我在做什么 |
[32:29] | You’re smart. Exceptionally smart. | 你是聪明人 非常聪明 |
[32:31] | That’s why I want you on my team. | 我就想要这样的人在我的队伍里 |
[32:33] | But be careful not to let your brilliance get in the way. | 不过小心点 不要聪明反被聪明误 |
[32:37] | Having blind faith in anyone can be dangerous, even yourself. | 盲目相信一个人是很危险的 包括你自己 |
[32:40] | Adam Grant talks about this in Think Again. | 亚当·格兰特在《再想一下》一书里有讲过 |
[32:44] | The best predictors of the future aren’t smarter. | 对未来最好预测者并不一定更聪明 |
[32:46] | They’re just willing to take one more look, | 他们只是愿意比其他人多看一眼 |
[32:49] | one more time, than the other folks. | 多看一次 |
[32:51] | That’s good advice. But, uh, I’m aware. | 这建议很好 但 我知道了 |
[32:56] | If your mother asks how many eggs you want, | 要是你妈问你要多少个鸡蛋 |
[32:57] | and you say one, but she makes two and you eat both, | 而你说一个 但她做了俩而你都吃了 |
[33:00] | who’s better at math, you or your mother? | 谁数学更好 你还是你妈 |
[33:01] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[33:03] | What my old man used to say when I’d worked myself | 我爸常说我独自工作时 |
[33:05] | into a knot over something. | 常钻牛角尖 |
[33:07] | Doesn’t matter how good your gut is, | 不管你有的直觉有多准 |
[33:08] | don’t double down on old instincts | 不要纠结于原来的想法 |
[33:10] | when presented with new insight. | 得看看新的见解 |
[33:12] | Marc Andreessen calls it having strong opinions, weakly held. | 马克·安德里森称之为 “强观点 弱坚持” |
[33:16] | Always being ready to change to the better idea. | 总是因为一些更好的想法而改变 |
[33:18] | – Bingo. – Yeah, but I don’t see how | – 正是 – 但我看不出来 |
[33:20] | leaving to work for you, | 辞职去为你工作 |
[33:21] | trashing the reputation I’ve built in the public sector, | 抛弃我从公共事业中积累的名声 |
[33:24] | turning my back on my mentor… | 背叛我的导师… |
[33:25] | A mentor shouldn’t get in the way of your success. | 导师不应成为你成功路上的绊脚石 |
[33:28] | Unlike Chuck, I want to invest in your future. | 不像查克 我想要投资你的未来 |
[33:31] | Entwine it with my own. | 将你的未来与我的捆绑在一起 |
[33:33] | The last thing I need is another father figure | 我最不需要的就是又一个”父亲” |
[33:35] | with ideas about my future. | 来告诉我的未来该怎么做 |
[33:37] | Here’s where I’m different from those you’ve come across. | 这就是为什么我和你所遇见的人都不一样 |
[33:40] | I don’t want to be the one giving advice all the time. | 我不想要一直给你建议 |
[33:43] | I want to take your advice. | 我想要你的建议 |
[33:45] | I need it. | 我需要你的建议 |
[33:46] | I’m not your father. I want to be your peer. | 我不是你爸 我想要成为你的同伴 |
[33:48] | Watch you score. | 看到你成功 |
[33:50] | Bask in your glow. | 沐浴在你的光芒之中 |
[33:53] | That’s a new wrinkle. | 这是我没想到的 |
[33:55] | Still… | 但还是… |
[33:56] | You see yourself as a civil servant. | 你视自己是人民公仆 |
[33:58] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[33:59] | I, too, believe in service. | 我也一样 相信公共事业 |
[34:02] | The thing you’ve got to ask yourself is, | 你需要问你自己的是 |
[34:04] | am I still serving best where I am? | 我现在的位置还能最好地为民服务吗 |
[34:08] | Or is there something better? | 还是说能有更好的选择 |
[34:12] | Once you complete the job for me, | 一旦你为我完成工作 |
[34:14] | that’ll be your campaign office. | 那会是你的竞选办公室 |
[34:19] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[34:21] | Twenty-four hours after you declare, | 在你表态后的二十四小时 |
[34:23] | your field staff… already hired… | 你的外勤人员… 都已经雇好了… |
[34:25] | will collect and submit all the signatures you need | 会帮你收集所有你需要的文件 |
[34:28] | before the filing deadline… | 赶在申请截止之前递交 |
[34:30] | leaving you free to chase the real cheesecake. | 让你能专注于目标 |
[34:33] | You sure you know what you’re buying? | 你确定你知道你买的是什么吗 |
[34:36] | You think I’m concerned because you brought my Wi-Fi play | 你觉得我会因为你之前把我的无线计划 |
[34:38] | back to Chuck? | 透露给了查克而担心 |
[34:40] | Yes, it did screw me up for a minute. | 是 那的确让我烦恼了一分钟 |
[34:43] | But I’d have been disappointed if you hadn’t. | 但如果你没那么做 我会更失望 |
[34:46] | I love that you’re loyal. | 我喜欢你的忠诚 |
[34:47] | You did right by your boss | 你对你的老板做得很好 |
[34:49] | despite the potential cost to yourself. | 即使可能是以你自己为代价 |
[34:50] | That’s what matters. | 那才是重点 |
[34:53] | It’s how I know that you’ll serve me loyally as well. | 所以我才知道你对我也会同样忠诚 |
[34:57] | Until I help get you elected to Congress. | 直到我帮你当上国会议员 |
[35:08] | Gentle-folk, it’s been a pleasure. | 先生们 幸会 |
[35:09] | I look forward to doing it again in 2028. | 我很期待2028年我们再聚一次 |
[35:12] | I wish you good night and bid you adieu. | 我祝你晚安 并向你告别 |
[35:15] | – Cheers. – Thanks very much. | – 再会 – 非常感谢 |
[35:18] | Fellows, exciting offer. | 大伙儿 有个让人激动的提议 |
[35:21] | It seems our friends in New Jersey | 似乎我们在新泽西州的朋友 |
[35:22] | have arranged an impromptu private concert. | 安排了一个即兴私人音乐会 |
[35:25] | The Boss and Bon Jovi at the Stone Pony. | 老板和邦·乔维都在石头小马那了 |
[35:30] | Choppers are waiting. | 直升机已就绪 |
[35:31] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[35:34] | Colin, you said Jersey was on the sideline. | 科林 你不是说新泽西只会在旁观看 |
[35:36] | How did you let them into the game? | 你怎么让他们加入竞争了 |
[35:38] | I didn’t let them anywhere, I assure you. | 我没有让他们加入 我向你保证 |
[35:39] | This is coming from outside. | 是其他人 |
[35:41] | A concerted attack. Could this be Rhoades? | 一次协同进攻 难道是罗兹 |
[35:43] | Feels like him. | 像是他 |
[35:45] | That’s it then, I guess. | 那完蛋了 我想 |
[35:46] | “It” nothing. It’s right there for you to finish. | 完蛋个鬼 终点线就在前面了 |
[35:48] | Well, sure, like a diamond ring in a cesspool. | 是 就像是粪池里的钻戒 |
[35:51] | I just have to dive in, | 我只需潜下去 |
[35:52] | swim around, find it and clean it off. | 游一游 找到钻戒清洗干净就行了 |
[35:54] | However you want to say it. Ride the damn tiger. | 不管你想怎么形容 你骑虎难下 |
[35:56] | Go with them, get them back to the city, | 跟他们一起去 把他们带回来 |
[35:58] | and give them an experience | 从他们嘴里 |
[35:59] | that knocks the taste of American rock and roll | 给他们一个能超越美式摇滚的 |
[36:01] | – right out of their mouths. – My guns, they can’t be empty. | – 体验 – 我的小兄弟 不能现在就清空弹药 |
[36:03] | Maybe you’ll have a stray bullet left. | 或许你还能留下一颗流弹 |
[36:12] | “Wrecking Ball,” into “Blaze of Glory…” | 先是《落锤》 然后是 《荣耀之火》… |
[36:15] | with a twin acoustic guitar finisher of “Rosalita,” | 双原声吉他的《罗沙丽塔》作为结尾 |
[36:20] | in a tiny private club. | 在一个私人小俱乐部里 |
[36:21] | “Rosalita,” damn. | 《罗沙丽塔》 该死 |
[36:23] | Really incredible. | 真神奇 |
[36:24] | I mean, what can you hope to do | 对手拥有布鲁斯 |
[36:26] | when the other side has freaking Bruce? | 你还能做什么呢 |
[36:27] | – And Bon Jovi. – And Bon Jovi. | – 还有邦乔维 – 还有邦乔维 |
[36:30] | It’s all the more impressive you got it done. | 所以你能办成这事 就更神奇了 |
[36:32] | It really is. | 真的是 |
[36:33] | I mean, congratulations, Scooter. | 恭喜啊 斯科特 |
[36:35] | You saw the play. | 你找到了破局点 |
[36:36] | I knew I had the man for the job. | 我恰好认识合适的人 |
[36:38] | But he was balking, and you got it out of him. Really, | 但他拖拖拉拉 而你让他办成了 |
[36:40] | unbelievably done. | 真的不可思议 |
[36:42] | “Him” is me, right? | “他”指的是我 对吗 |
[36:46] | He manipulated me and you’re congratulating him for it? | 他操纵了我 你却在恭喜他吗 |
[36:48] | Absolutely. Always give props to the guy who made the assist. | 当然了 我总是给帮了忙的人鼓励啊 |
[36:52] | The guy who scored already knows what he did. | 而出力的人已经知道自己完成什么了 |
[36:53] | I need a slap on the ass when I score. | 我出力的时候需要被拍拍马屁啊 |
[36:56] | That’s how I’m wired. | 缰绳就是干这个的 |
[36:57] | Good job, Wags! Feel better? | 干的好 瓦格斯 感觉好点没 |
[36:59] | Yeah. | 好点 |
[37:01] | How’d you get it done, Wags? | 你怎么做到的 瓦格斯 |
[37:02] | Considering your other agenda? | 鉴于你还有别的行程 |
[37:24] | Ahh! Wags! | 啊 瓦格斯 |
[37:42] | I’d heard of these guys who go behind closed doors | 我听说这些只闻其声 |
[37:44] | and only talked. | 不见其人的家伙 |
[37:46] | I always imagined they were pathetic losers | 我一直以为他们是可悲的输家 |
[37:48] | of the most desperate stripe | 真切渴望着 |
[37:51] | looking for connection. | 有人联络他们 |
[37:53] | But I guess they had their reasons. | 但我猜他们有自己的理由 |
[37:56] | Like I did. | 就像我 |
[38:00] | Uh-oh, that’s my cue. | 哦哦 这是叫我呢 |
[38:04] | Give it another five or six minutes, | 五六分钟后 |
[38:05] | then finish it off big. | 来个嗨的结束 |
[38:08] | You’re a dear. | 你个浪荡货 |
[38:09] | Good luck with your dissertation. | 写论文愉快 |
[38:17] | The truth is, we actually had a lovely chat | 事实上 我们在演出开始前 |
[38:20] | before we got down to putting on the show. | 还进行了一些不错的交流 |
[38:22] | Well, Colin said you guys killed it. | 柯林说你们搞定了 |
[38:23] | Figured out exactly which ones could be moved. | 找出了能被动摇的那个人 |
[38:25] | Bid round’s looking as good as it possibly can. | 投标预测十分美好 |
[38:31] | Oh, thanks for warning me about Ira Schirmer. | 哦 谢谢你提醒我艾拉·施尔默的事 |
[38:34] | I do know you were trying to protect me. | 我知道你是想保护我 |
[38:36] | Nah. You were playing him from jump, to get Rhoades leaning. | 没有 你一开始就是在骗他 获取罗兹的支持 |
[38:39] | Couldn’t believe I didn’t see it. | 真不敢相信我没看出来 |
[38:41] | Won’t miss it next time, sir. | 下次不会了 先生 |
[38:44] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[38:49] | Miss Sacker’s already sat with him, | 塞克小姐已经在陪他了 |
[38:50] | so she can finish getting you prepped. | 你先准备好 |
[38:54] | Huh. | 哈 |
[38:56] | Oh, no. | 哦不 |
[38:59] | Uh-oh. | 哦哦 |
[39:01] | My meeting just got canceled. | 我的会面取消了 |
[39:03] | Son of a bitch. | 该死 |
[39:06] | They played the Albin on me. | 他们玩了个阿尔宾反弃兵 |
[39:09] | Chuck? | 查克 |
[39:12] | I fancied myself some chess grandmaster | 我给自己假想了一些国际象棋大师 |
[39:16] | and brought my big piece out early. | 却提前暴露了底牌 |
[39:19] | Albin’s a hyperaggressive counter. | 阿尔宾反弃兵是超级激进的反击 |
[39:22] | I lost my advantage… | 我失去了优势… |
[39:26] | and failed to protect my goddamn queen. | 还没能保住我亲爱的皇后 |
[39:36] | 罗伯特·蔻珢 皇家花公主钻石手镯 | |
[39:49] | Welcome to Michael Prince Capital, Kate. | 欢迎加入迈克尔·普林斯资本 凯特 |
[39:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:55] | So, where do I work? | 所以 我在哪工作 |
[39:58] | Wherever you want. | 你想在哪都行 |
[39:59] | Welcome, Miss Sacker. | 欢迎 塞克小姐 |
[40:02] | Allow me to show you the place. | 请允许我带您前往办公室 |
[40:03] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[40:10] | The Olympics. | 奥运会 |
[40:12] | That’s what I get for doing this. | 那是我要交换的东西 |
[40:15] | You want to be on the performance coaching team. | 你想要加入教练队 |
[40:18] | To run it. | 领导他们 |
[40:20] | Use my talents to turn those athletes into medal machines. | 用我的天赋把运动员变成金牌机器 |
[40:22] | Their goal, my goal, the country’s goal: aligned. | 他们的 我的 国家的目标 融为一体 |
[40:26] | So that my heart and soul are engaged in all of it. | 因此我可以全身心投入其中 |
[40:30] | Done. | 成交 |
[40:31] | It’s not that you weren’t transactional. | 你不是不可交易 |
[40:33] | It’s that you’re very good at it. | 是你太擅长了 |
[40:36] | And for the right reasons… | 用意是好的 |
[40:39] | which pleases me. | 我很高兴 |
[40:51] | I can see you aren’t happy. | 我能看出来你不高兴 |
[40:53] | I imagine this is visible on my face and in my demeanor, yes. | 是的 我想这体现在了我的表情和行为上 |
[40:56] | And how could it not be so? | 为什么不呢 |
[40:58] | You made a deal that you knew would displease me. | 你做出你明知道会冒犯我的交易 |
[41:00] | Once the telecom companies | 一旦电信公司 |
[41:01] | figured out what we were trying to do, | 发现了我想做的事 |
[41:03] | the only move was to make a deal with them, | 唯一的办法就是和他们达成交易 |
[41:05] | include them, let them be a part of it. | 其中就包括让他们加入计划 |
[41:07] | So they get the pop for agreeing to provide free Wi-Fi | 所以他们就能同意在奥运会的两周内 |
[41:09] | – for the fortnight of the Games. – Made the most sense. | – 提供免费无线网 – 最优解 |
[41:11] | The city gets nothing leading up to that. | 这座城市却一无所获 |
[41:13] | Just two lousy weeks. | 除了异常吵闹的两周 |
[41:17] | And the Africa initiative, that just dies? | 那非洲行动呢 就胎死腹中了吗 |
[41:19] | This deal doesn’t contemplate an Africa piece. | 交易不包括非洲部分 |
[41:22] | But that was the whole reason I brought the idea to you. | 但这是我向你提出这个想法的唯一原因 |
[41:24] | – Ideas change. – Or die. | – 想法会改变 – 或死亡 |
[41:25] | It’s back-burnered, not dead. | 延后了 不是死亡 |
[41:27] | We were… | 我们… |
[41:29] | I thought we could… and I know this sounds corny… | 我以为我们可以… 我知道听着像陈词滥调 |
[41:31] | but it’s the thing, right, | 但这是事实 没错 |
[41:32] | that we are put in a position to do, | 我们本来可以有机会 |
[41:34] | and that’s to change, to actually change the world, | 去真正改变世界 |
[41:36] | which is what this would have done. | 这个计划本来可以实现的 |
[41:37] | What I would have done. And now they get what? | 我本可以改变世界 现在他们能得到什么 |
[41:39] | The consolation prize: a free tote bag? | 安慰奖免费手提袋吗 |
[41:40] | People love free tote bags. | 人们喜欢免费手提袋 |
[41:42] | Especially when they don’t know what they could have gotten. | 尤其是他们并不知道可能得到的是什么 |
[41:45] | But, come on, what did you think | 拜托 你以为你的计划 |
[41:47] | your plan was really going to accomplish long term? | 到底能达到什么远期目标呢 |
[41:49] | – What was going to change? – You know the answer. | – 它真的能改变什么呢 – 你知道答案 |
[41:51] | With Wi-Fi they could connect to the… | 有了无线网 他们就能连接… |
[41:54] | I don’t have to spell it out for you. | 我不需要说出来 |
[41:55] | You know the answer. | 你知道答案 |
[41:57] | I do. | 我知道 |
[41:59] | You know, I’ve lived through versions of this before. | 我经历过好多不同类型的行动了 |
[42:01] | More than that, Africa has. | 非洲经历过很多次了 |
[42:03] | There was a great initiative, | 美好的行动 |
[42:04] | with great goodwill and good intentions, | 美好的初衷和美好的目标 |
[42:06] | to build wells in different places. | 在不同地方打井 |
[42:08] | Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali. More. | 布基纳法索 加纳 马里 还有更多国家 |
[42:11] | Ones that really needed it. | 真正需要水井的国家 |
[42:13] | Only once the wells were built, | 只是一旦水井建成 |
[42:14] | there was no money to maintain them. | 没有后续资金去维护它们 |
[42:16] | So when they broke and fell into disrepair, | 所以水井破坏失修后 |
[42:18] | no one knew how to fix them. | 没人知道怎么修理 |
[42:19] | The people also became reliant on them. | 并且人们开始依赖它们了 |
[42:21] | So instead of making things better, | 所以事情并没有变好 |
[42:23] | the people ended up worse off. | 人们最终活得更艰难了 |
[42:25] | This would be like that. | 这也会是同样的结果 |
[42:27] | You’d get them dependent on the connectivity, | 你让他们习惯依赖网络连接 |
[42:29] | and then, when it disappeared, they’d be lost. | 然后当网络中断后 他们就迷失了 |
[42:32] | Sure, it’s easy to take that position now. | 当然了 现在很容易持这种态度呢 |
[42:34] | Nothing easy about it. | 没有什么容易的 |
[42:36] | But I pick and choose my shots to make things better, | 但我会选择那些让世界变好的项目 |
[42:38] | so that when I do it, it works. | 当我来出手时 项目能成功 |
[42:41] | It holds. It sticks. | 能持续 能立住 |
[42:43] | That’s what I’m going to do too, soon enough, full-fucking-time. | 这也是我要做的事 很快就能全职去做了 |
[42:48] | You have a number. | 你心里有个数字 |
[42:51] | I do. | 我有 |
[42:53] | Hundred. | 一个亿 |
[42:55] | Gotta be a hundred mil. | 肯定是一个亿 |
[42:57] | That’s the nine-digit combination | 这个9位数 |
[42:58] | that opens the lock to the escape hatch. | 会让你辞职逃跑 |
[43:00] | It is. | 是的 |
[43:02] | You must be within striking distance | 你现在一定距这个数字 |
[43:03] | of that number, too, by now. | 还有一定距离 |
[43:05] | I am. Getting there. | 我在靠近了 |
[43:06] | The problem is the number shifts | 问题是 这个数字会随着 |
[43:08] | when you see what it can and can’t do. | 你发现它能力有限而改变 |
[43:11] | I’m at over 10 billion. | 我有超过一百亿 |
[43:12] | I’m a philanthropist, like you, | 我是个慈善家 像你一样 |
[43:14] | yet I haven’t left. | 但我还没离开 |
[43:16] | Your eyes are always bigger than your stomach, | 你的眼界总是大于你的胃口 |
[43:18] | and at your level, they should be. | 以你的水平 应该是这样的 |
[43:19] | – Why is that? – If this had been my cause, | – 为什么会这样 – 如果是我来做 |
[43:21] | those struggling folks would be getting their Wi-Fi, | 不论商业价值如何 |
[43:23] | regardless of the business end, | 那些受苦的人都会得到无线网络 |
[43:25] | with the money baked in to keep it going. | 并有后续资金投入来维持运转 |
[43:26] | Infrastructure, technicians on payroll | 基础建设 雇佣技师 |
[43:29] | to keep it reliable, sustainable, | 维持水井的可靠性 持久性 |
[43:31] | so the well would never run dry. | 永不干涸 |
[43:33] | Because even at a 150 mil a year personal OPEX, | 因为就算是要每年一亿五千万私人运行成本 |
[43:36] | I can afford it, you can’t. | 我能承担 你不能 |
[43:38] | So you’re trying to turn this into an object lesson on scale. | 所以你是想把这事说成对规模的实物练习课 |
[43:40] | Not trying to do anything. That’s what it is. | 我没想做任何事 事实就是如此 |
[43:43] | I’m independently wealthy. You’re not. | 我是独立的富有 你不是 |
[43:46] | You’re kind of rich, which is great. | 你有点富有 这很好 |
[43:50] | But if you want to change the world, | 但如果你想改变世界 |
[43:51] | nine digits ain’t gonna do it. | 九位数是不足以做到的 |
[43:56] | I can see that you are right that my number was faulty. | 我能发现你是对的 我的数字错了 |
[43:58] | I have a new one now. | 我有个新数字了 |
[44:03] | A billion. | 十亿 |
[45:21] | Not hiding from you. | 我没在躲你 |
[45:23] | So I see. | 看出来了 |
[45:34] | How could you, Kate? | 你怎么能这样 凯特 |
[45:38] | It’d one thing if you had ditched before. | 你要是之前离开是另一件事 |
[45:41] | But now, when I’m doing it right? | 但现在 在我做正确的事时吗 |
[45:44] | All the ways. And winning. | 一路走来 一路赢 |
[45:48] | For us and the folks. | 为了我们 为了人民 |
[45:51] | Finally. | 终于 |
[45:54] | I’d think you would know that this is the moment to stay, | 我以为你会知道 这是该留下的时候 |
[45:57] | not leave. | 而不是离开 |
[46:00] | But after all I taught you… | 在我教了你那么多之后… |
[46:02] | Oh, you did. | 哦你是教了 |
[46:03] | You taught me. | 你教了我 |
[46:05] | It’s maybe how I knew to make the decision I made. | 可能是这样我才知道该做我现在的决定 |
[46:10] | Maybe I’m ready to do some teaching, too. | 也许我也该去教教书 |
[46:13] | To be a peer, not just an acolyte. | 作为同伴 而不是助手 |
[46:16] | We could do that. | 我们可以这样的 |
[46:18] | No, we can do that. | 不 我们能这样的 |
[46:20] | No. | 不 |
[46:21] | No, you made me wait. | 不 你让我等着 |
[46:24] | Then you put me in play. | 然后你给了我舞台 |
[46:28] | Some would ask, how could I have waited so long? | 有人会问 我怎么会等如此长时间 |
[46:30] | And what would you say to them? | 而你如何回答他们的呢 |
[46:32] | That I felt I still had more to learn. | 我感觉我还能学到东西 |
[46:36] | And I had the best professor. | 我有最好的教授 |
[46:40] | What if that professor | 要是这位教授 |
[46:41] | isn’t done teaching yet? | 还没结束授课呢 |
[46:43] | Then he’d better find someone who’s still in need | 那他最好去找个还需要 |
[46:45] | of those particular lessons… | 那些特殊课程的其他人… |
[46:48] | because this student has already left the campus. | 因为这个学生已经离开校园了 |