时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | It’s been hard to watch the world celebrate this man | 看着世界为这个人庆祝 我十分痛苦 |
[00:06] | and know the truth of what he did to my son. | 可我知道他对我儿子做过什么 |
[00:08] | Which is steal from him and destroy him. | 他窃取了我的儿子的成果并摧毁了他 |
[00:11] | I need a list of all the companies | 你把所有不该受我牵连 |
[00:13] | who don’t deserve to be collateral damage to my mistakes. | 而蒙受损失的公司名单整理一份给我 |
[00:15] | – So you can? – Free them. | – 然后你打算… – 让他们变现 |
[00:18] | He’s selling just to sell which means we can buy it all. | 他就是为了抛售 也就是说我们可以全部收购 |
[00:20] | Prince is done. He’s bled out. | 普林斯已经完了 他亏大发了 |
[00:22] | He’s not dead until I say he’s dead. | 我说他死了 他才叫死了 |
[00:24] | A month from now, these hospitals | 从今天开始的一个月内 |
[00:26] | they’re going to be over run with that damn Chinese bug. | 漂亮国的病毒就要在这些医院横行了 |
[00:28] | How’s our painter doing? | 我们的画家怎么样了 |
[00:29] | He’s got collectors and commissions in his head. | 他现在脑子里想的都是收藏家和佣金 |
[00:32] | I could take some pressure off. | 我可以给他减减压 |
[00:33] | Axe used his black magic to get my commission squashed. | 阿克塞用手段除去了我的订单 |
[00:37] | Did you know Axe was gonna do this? | 你知道阿克塞要这么做吗 |
[00:39] | In case you’re still not sure when something’s finished… | 以防你还是不知道某件事是否结束了 |
[00:41] | this fucking is. | 这的确他妈的结束了 |
[00:44] | Every company you sold off today will likely fold. | 今天被你抛售的每一家公司都有可能倒闭 |
[00:47] | You didn’t know? | 你完全不知情 |
[00:48] | Bobby Axelrod has to be wiped off the face of the Earth. | 博比·阿克塞尔罗德必须从这个世界上消失 |
[00:52] | Axe has a new toy, a bank. | 阿克塞现在有了新玩具 一家银行 |
[00:54] | And the bank requires a trustee. | 银行需要一个受托人 |
[00:56] | I could yank his puppet strings. | 看我不把他当提线木偶玩死 |
[01:00] | Now you get to live and be my man on the inside. | 现在你可以继续活着 做我的卧底了 |
[01:02] | Well it may not work out the way you think. | 走向可能不完全是你想的那样 |
[01:05] | Wait a minute. You’re the donor? | 慢着 你就是那个器官捐献者 |
[01:06] | Senior’s not our man anymore. | 老爷子不再是我们的人了 |
[01:08] | I’m the bait, and the bank is the trap. | 我是诱饵 那银行就是陷阱 |
[01:15] | How are we taking down Bobby Axelrod? | 我们要如何扳倒博比·阿克塞尔罗德 |
[01:42] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[01:43] | You too. | 也欢迎你回来 |
[01:59] | He’s really fucking hangin’ that thing? | 他真的要挂那玩意吗 |
[02:01] | They hung it. He told me where, I pointed. | 是这些人挂的 他告诉我挂在哪里 我监工 |
[02:04] | Freshen up the look in honor of being back in person. | 为了庆祝大家回归办公室 |
[02:06] | It’s not a real painting. | 这不是正经的画作 |
[02:08] | Is if Axe says it is. | 阿克塞说是那就是 |
[02:10] | That’s a great thing about abstract art; | 抽象艺术的好处就在于此 |
[02:13] | who knows what Tanner intended? | 谁知道坦纳想表达什么 |
[02:15] | I do. | 我知道 |
[02:17] | And what he intended was to smash it all… | 他想把东西全砸了… |
[02:18] | If it upsets you, | 如果你不满意 |
[02:20] | take it up with He Most Exalted. | 就去跟最上面那个人讲 |
[02:41] | Hey, Wags said you were upset. | 瓦格斯说你不高兴了 |
[02:43] | Why’d you do it? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[02:45] | Well, I own the paintings and the wall so… | 这些画和那面墙都是我的 所以… |
[02:47] | Come on, Bobby, you know what I’m asking. | 博比 你知道我说的是什么 |
[02:48] | Why’d you fuck him up like that? | 你为什么要那么搞他 |
[02:50] | Ruin him. | 把他毁了 |
[02:52] | He’s not ruined. | 他根本没有被毁 |
[02:53] | This whole thing is gonna make the critics love him. | 整件事只会让评论界更钟爱他 |
[02:55] | You got him out of my life pretty quick | 你飞快地把他从我的生活圈 |
[02:57] | is all I’m saying, and not by accident. | 抽离了出去 而且你是存心的 |
[02:59] | No part of that is true. | 根本不是这样的 |
[03:01] | Not even close to it. | 一点都不沾边 |
[03:02] | Remember this, he was in my life first. | 记住了 他一开始是我圈子里的人 |
[03:04] | It was your job to keep him there productively. | 你的职责是让他在那里持续创作 |
[03:06] | You fucked that up, not me. | 搞砸这一切的是你 不是我 |
[03:09] | That painting, it’s all I have to show for it. | 那幅画是我唯一能展示这一切的凭证 |
[03:11] | If one of us should be asking hard questions of the other, | 如果咱俩中有谁要指责另一人的话 |
[03:14] | it’s me. | 应该是我才对 |
[03:18] | Hey, stay by your phone. | 把手机拿好 |
[03:22] | I… I need you. | 我需要你 |
[03:25] | For after that thing, you know? | 那件事情之后 |
[03:26] | To talk ’em down. | 你要跟他们谈话 |
[04:05] | The market’s been like the Spanish Boot. | 现在的股市就像”西班牙之靴” |
[04:08] | You know, like during the Inquisition, | 就是在中世纪的天主教裁判所 |
[04:10] | when they cased your legs in iron spikes | 他们把人的小腿夹住 往里打铁刺 |
[04:12] | until they crushed your shins? | 直到胫骨粉碎 |
[04:13] | Yeah, except it’s not just the legs. | 是啊 而且不光是小腿 |
[04:15] | Iron Maiden. | 还有铁处女 |
[04:16] | “Number of the Beast.” | “恶魔的数字” |
[04:17] | Absolutely what this whole thing feels like, | 跟现在的局势一模一样 |
[04:21] | whole pandemic. Devil’s work. | 疫情就是恶魔的杰作 |
[04:22] | No. The torture implement. | 我说的是酷刑 |
[04:24] | Like the boot, but full body. | 跟靴子的概念一样 只不过针对全身 |
[04:26] | With all this volatility, drawing and quartering | 局势这么动荡 用”吊剖分尸刑”来比喻 |
[04:28] | would be most appropriate. | 才更加贴切 |
[04:30] | And at least they hung you first. | 起码他们会先把你吊死 |
[04:31] | They hung you second. They dragged you first. | 吊死是之后的事 他们要先把你绑着 |
[04:34] | Behind a horse. | 让一匹马拖着你走 |
[04:36] | Then they hung you. | 然后再把你吊死 |
[04:38] | Then they quartered you. | 然后再大卸八块 |
[04:39] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[04:42] | Attention please! | 听我说 |
[04:44] | Don’t try to slink away just yet. We have an announcement. | 别急着溜走 有事情要宣布 |
[04:49] | So first of all, if you have been vaccinated, | 首先 如果你接种了疫苗 |
[04:52] | take off your mask. | 把口罩摘了 |
[04:56] | I just got back some lab results, | 我刚拿到了检测报告 |
[04:58] | and the rapid test you all take downstairs, | 你们在楼下进行的快速检测 |
[05:01] | it’s not the one most folks get, | 不是一般人能弄到的 |
[05:02] | and it’s 99.6% effective. | 有效率是99.6% |
[05:05] | So if you’re at Axe Cap, | 所以如果你在阿克塞资本工作 |
[05:06] | you are not transmitting any viral load. | 你就不携带任何病毒 |
[05:09] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[05:10] | I’m in quarantine. | 我在隔离 |
[05:12] | Day before I was due to get my shot, | 我要去打疫苗的前一天 |
[05:14] | I tested positive for COVID. My fuckin’ pilot gave it to me. | 测出了新冠阳性 该死的飞行员传染给我的 |
[05:18] | So those of you with your masks off, | 摘下口罩的各位 |
[05:21] | we’ve vaxxed ya’. | 你们都接种了疫苗 |
[05:22] | As many as we could find loopholes for. | 我们尽其所能地给你们搞到了这些疫苗 |
[05:24] | If we didn’t vax ya’ yet, | 如果你还没打到 |
[05:27] | well, let me just say this to all of you: | 请允许我向你们致以敬意 |
[05:30] | It’s been inspiring as hell | 看到你们在疫情最严重的时候 |
[05:32] | watching you all battle on during the worst of the pandemic. | 仍然继续战斗着 我受到了极大的鼓舞 |
[05:35] | Inspiring commitment. | 感谢你们的坚持 |
[05:37] | Just the same, | 尽管如此 |
[05:39] | you’re all fired. | 你们被解雇了 |
[05:40] | Every last one of you. | 在场的每一个人 |
[05:42] | Axe Cap is closed. | 阿克塞资本关门大吉 |
[05:47] | Now, most of you | 不过 大多数人 |
[05:50] | will be hired back again by the end of tonight, | 今晚会被全新的阿克塞控股公司 |
[05:53] | by the new Axe Holding Company | 重新雇用 |
[05:55] | under either the Axe Bank | 要么是加入阿克塞银行 |
[05:56] | or the Axe Asset Management Division. | 要么是阿克塞资产管理部门 |
[05:59] | Our new structure will be in place by the end of the weekend | 我们的组织结构会在周末结束前完成重组 |
[06:01] | so we’re open for business Monday. | 周一恢复正常运营 |
[06:03] | You said “most” will be rehired? | 你说”大多数人”会被重新雇用 |
[06:06] | Good listening. | 你很细心 |
[06:07] | That’s right, Ben Kim, like you. | 没错 本·金 你就是”大多数人” |
[06:10] | But not like… | 但有些人… |
[06:14] | Now Wendy is gonna be in her office | 温迪会在她的办公室 |
[06:16] | getting ready to discuss | 等着与你们面谈 |
[06:18] | all of this with you at the exit interviews. | 离职的各种事务 |
[06:20] | The world has changed. | 时代变了 |
[06:23] | We have to change. | 我们也需要改变 |
[06:24] | – This way. – We have already changed. | – 走这边 – 我们已经改变了 |
[06:28] | Lauren, you’re gonna have to choose between | 劳伦 你要在阿克塞银行和梅森碳能 |
[06:31] | Axe Bank and Mase Carbon. | 中间选一个 |
[06:33] | You got until the end of the night to decide. | 要在今晚作出决定 |
[06:54] | First priority, | 首要的任务 |
[06:55] | form an emergency capital introduction | 是进行应急募资 |
[06:56] | and raise team for the bank. | 以及搭建银行的团队 |
[06:58] | We need some fuckin’ deposits. | 我们需要存款 |
[07:00] | And more than just stimulus checks. | 不只是纾困金 |
[07:02] | Before there’s none left, and our bank dies in the crib. | 一定要赶在人们花光手里的钱之前 别让银行胎死腹中 |
[07:06] | Seemed so easy before. | 在以前应该会很容易 |
[07:07] | Yeah, well, the fucking Goliaths have gobbled it all up. | 是啊 该死的巨头把蛋糕都分走了 |
[07:10] | So find me mine. | 给我也搞一块 |
[07:17] | Psychiatrists will tell you reassurance does no good, | 心理医生会跟你说 得到了认可也没有用 |
[07:19] | because once reassured, you are not becalmed for long. | 一旦得到了认可 就不会满足于此 |
[07:21] | Instead, you become trained to need more reassurance. | 你会更加渴求新的认可 |
[07:24] | Yeah. But I still look in the mirror | 是啊 不过我还是会照镜子 |
[07:26] | to make sure my butt is… | 看我的屁股是不是… |
[07:27] | You could just ask… | 你可以问… |
[07:29] | …somebody. | …别人啊 |
[07:30] | – I’d… – Fine. | – 我会… – 好 |
[07:33] | I’ll take this moment to set your minds at ease. | 现在我要给你们吃一颗定心丸 |
[07:35] | No matter what the mothership does, | 无论母公司怎样 |
[07:36] | we at Taylor Mason Carbon will remain autonomous. | 我们泰勒·梅森碳能都会保持自治 |
[07:39] | You will not be working for a bank. | 你们不会为银行工作 |
[07:40] | All will be resolved. | 这一切都会得到解决 |
[07:42] | What about her? | 她呢 |
[07:44] | You… I mean Lauren. | 我的意思是劳伦 |
[07:47] | I didn’t mean to just reference you. | 我不是针对你 |
[07:48] | You’re right there so… | 你就站在那里 所以… |
[07:50] | We all need to stay focused and united. | 我们需要保持专注和团结 |
[07:51] | Loyalty is doubly important now. | 忠诚现在极为重要 |
[07:53] | So Lauren isn’t going to the bank. | 劳伦不会去银行工作 |
[07:55] | She’ll stay in IR at the new asset management arm | 她会在新的资产管理部门的投资者关系部 |
[07:57] | and stay in place for us. | 为我们留在那里 |
[08:13] | Hard Bob? | 冷酷鲍勃 |
[08:15] | ‘Lo, Axe. | 你好啊 阿克塞 |
[08:16] | When last we spoke, you’d tendered me a position. | 上次我们聊天 你说要给我一份工作 |
[08:20] | Well, now that I find myself at loose ends, | 现在我闲下来了 |
[08:23] | I was of a mind to claim it. | 我可以考虑一下 |
[08:25] | They bounced you out of the government | 他们把你赶出政府部门 |
[08:26] | because of your connection to Krakow? | 因为你跟克拉科夫有交情 |
[08:28] | They did indeed. | 正是如此 |
[08:30] | But during quarantine, | 不过在封锁期间 |
[08:32] | I became aware of your new endeavor. | 我了解到你最近有新动作 |
[08:34] | So I’ve boned up | 所以我恶补了 |
[08:36] | on all the latest changes to the banking laws | 最新的银行法律条款 |
[08:38] | on the off chance you need someone to be | 猜想你可能会需要一位 |
[08:40] | your banking compliance honcho. | 帮你管银行的人 |
[08:45] | Well, get over to our office and get started with my CEO. | 那就来我们的办公室 先跟总裁聊聊吧 |
[08:50] | You got it, Axe. | 好的 阿克塞 |
[09:04] | You two seem banky. | 你俩看上去很”银行” |
[09:06] | You feelin’ banky? | 你们想来银行吗 |
[09:08] | This is… is this trolling? | 这是… 这是在吐槽吗 |
[09:10] | Are you trolling us? | 你是在吐槽我们吗 |
[09:12] | He’s seeing what we’re made of. | 他在看我们是什么材料 |
[09:14] | That I am. And you are made of the stuff of Fort Knox. | 的确 你们就像诺克斯堡一样难以看穿 |
[09:17] | Stand by. Assignment’s coming directly from the high chief. | 待命吧 你们的任命会由最高领导直接指派 |
[09:23] | You wanted a reminder; | 你让我提醒你 |
[09:24] | you have a date with a Chelsea tonight. 8:00 p.m. | 今晚八点 你和一个叫切尔西的人有约会 |
[09:27] | Oh, shit! | 该死 |
[09:29] | I forgot. | 我给忘了 |
[09:31] | No way I can leave the office now. | 我现在不能离开 |
[09:33] | This one is important. | 此事重要至极 |
[09:34] | I thought the last one was, but this is crucial. | 我以为上一个特别重要 但这次的才最关键 |
[09:36] | Take dictation. | 我说的话记下来 |
[09:40] | Oh, you mean me? | 你是指我吗 |
[09:41] | I thought you were gonna enable Siri. | 我还以为你在启动语音助手呢 |
[09:43] | Just a type a text to Chelz for me. | 帮我给切尔西发条信息 |
[09:53] | The sequel to The Hustler. | 《江湖浪子》的续集 |
[09:55] | Color of Money. | 《金钱本色》 |
[09:56] | Yes. One of my roommates from Williams | 是了 我在威廉姆斯学院有个室友 |
[09:59] | kept watching it over and over again. | 他总是翻来覆去地看这电影 |
[10:00] | And I asked him why. | 我问他为什么 |
[10:01] | And he said it was because of the way | 他说是因为电影里 |
[10:03] | the power dynamics kept switching. | 权力的流转波动 |
[10:05] | And he never knew who was zooming who. | 而他永远搞不懂是谁在操纵谁 |
[10:08] | My college roommates were mostly just trying | 我的大学室友大部分时间 |
[10:10] | to make one of those beer harnesses | 都在做那种绑在头上的 |
[10:12] | – you put around your head… – Yeah, jocks, yes. | – 啤酒装备… – 嗯 运动员嘛 |
[10:13] | But it’s the “Who’s zooming whom” Part. | 说回”谁控制谁” |
[10:15] | That means something different now. | 这就意味着现在有东西不一样了 |
[10:17] | But you want me to be eyes up. | 你想让我打起精神 |
[10:18] | I need you to be. | 我需要你这样 |
[10:20] | Especially in that company at that dinner. | 尤其是在今天的晚宴上 |
[10:23] | And not just at the dinner. | 而且不仅仅是晚宴上 |
[10:25] | Then that’s where they’ll be. | 他们就在那 |
[10:26] | Up. | 走了 |
[10:41] | No, no, no, don’t do that with your fingers, like that. | 不不不 不要直接用手拿 |
[10:43] | No, you forget germs? | 不行 你忘了细菌了 |
[10:45] | I’ve earned this carrot. | 这胡萝卜是我应得的 |
[10:48] | Believe me, you’re gonna give me all the carrots. | 相信我 你会把所有的胡萝卜都奖励给我的 |
[10:51] | Ah-ha, you have news. | 啊哈 你有新情况了 |
[10:54] | Signed NDAs. | 签了保密协议 |
[10:56] | We got the offer. | 我们拿到报价了 |
[10:58] | And it’s a sweet one. | 很不错 |
[11:00] | Suh-weet. | 不错 |
[11:01] | Wendy didn’t undersell the value of her shares | 温迪没有把她的股份降价抛售 |
[11:03] | to Taylor Mason Carbon. | 给泰勒·梅森碳能 |
[11:04] | Very fair, more than fair. | 很公平 岂止是公平啊 |
[11:06] | And she’s ready to strike a payment plan | 她已经准备好制定付款计划 |
[11:08] | and write out a check ASAP | 尽快开出支票 |
[11:09] | to finalize the divorce settlement. | 完成离婚协议 |
[11:12] | That’s no Cinnabon. | 那不是肉桂卷 |
[11:13] | That’s a sour cream sandwich and I’m not biting. | 那是酸奶油三明治 我不会吃的 |
[11:16] | Don’t tell me you’re balking | 不要告诉我 |
[11:17] | at the idea of her paying you alimony? | 你还在犹豫 是否要她付赡养费给你 |
[11:19] | I thought we were well past you realizing | 我还以为你已经意识到 |
[11:21] | your worth isn’t just measured in dollars. | 你的价值不能仅用金钱来衡量 |
[11:22] | No, no, no gallantry. | 不不 不是这个 |
[11:24] | I am past that quaint idea. | 我已经过了那个阶段了 |
[11:25] | What I want is leverage. | 我想要的是影响力 |
[11:27] | To do my own valuation of Mase Carbon. | 对梅森碳能做我自己的评估 |
[11:29] | Use the offer to get me that. | 你得帮我得到那个 |
[11:31] | You wanna look at their books. | 你要看他们的账簿 |
[11:32] | I want to crawl into them with my prospector’s light. | 我想自己去探索发现 |
[11:35] | And, uh, yeah, well, | 不过 也好 |
[11:36] | I don’t wanna call it a full audit. | 我不想称之为全面审计 |
[11:38] | Let’s just see how they’re cookin’ ’em. | 看看他们是怎么做的也好 |
[11:40] | It ain’t good for you, brother. | 兄弟 这对你没好处 |
[11:42] | You keep at this, you’re gonna pull an embolism | 再这样下去 你还不得血栓啊 |
[11:45] | or send your blood pressure into Alice Kramden territory, | 或者把自己气成爱丽丝·克拉姆登那样 |
[11:48] | to the moon. Don’t do this. | 七窍生烟啊 别这么做 |
[11:51] | I say as your lawyer and best friend. | 我是作为你的律师兼最好朋友这么说的 |
[11:53] | I hear you and I understand. | 我明白 也理解 |
[11:55] | And at a rational level, I agree. | 理智地说 我同意你的说法 |
[11:58] | And thank you with an open heart and mind. | 并且全心全意地感谢你 |
[12:01] | But also my open mind knows this: | 但我同样清楚地知道 |
[12:04] | you’ve already got that demand | 你已经写好了 |
[12:06] | for financial disclosure drawn up | 财务披露的要求 |
[12:08] | to get me the access I just asked for. | 以便让我获得我刚刚要求的访问权限 |
[12:10] | Don’t you? | 不是吗 |
[12:12] | I know my man. Yeah. | 我了解你 没错 |
[12:14] | Doesn’t mean I think it’s right. | 并不意味着我认为这是正确的 |
[12:15] | Send the damn disclosure. | 把财务披露要求发给我 |
[12:18] | And then I’ll grab you a big plate of those carrots. | 然后我会给你一大盘这种胡萝卜 |
[12:35] | I signed for this. | 我签收了这个 |
[12:36] | I didn’t realize what it was when I did. | 签的时候没意识到这是什么 |
[12:48] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋玩意 |
[12:51] | You got unplowed fields for me? | 你们找到处女地了 |
[12:52] | The wheat’s a bit thin, but yes. | 聊胜于无 |
[12:55] | We look to whence the bank comes from. | 我们做了银行的溯源 |
[12:56] | Go back to check cashing and payday loans | 回过头来检查了现金和发薪日贷款 |
[12:58] | that the original company was built on. | 这是最初公司建立的基础 |
[13:00] | Not recommended. | 并不推荐 |
[13:01] | Seems a little low-rent. | 有点不入流 |
[13:02] | So are the margins. | 利润也一样 |
[13:04] | But then there’s frontier Rapid Growth Markets… | 但是还有前沿的快速增长市场 |
[13:06] | Vietnam, Nigeria, Indonesia. | 越南 尼日利亚 印度尼西亚 |
[13:08] | Lots of money in places like that looking for a safe home. | 那里的很多资本都在寻求安全屋 |
[13:11] | I like RGMs. | 我喜欢区域总经理 |
[13:12] | But what am I supposed to do? | 但我要怎么做呢 |
[13:13] | Put our people on planes and on video conferences | 把我们的人送上飞机 参加视频会议 |
[13:16] | and start negotiations with economic ministers? | 与经济部长们谈判 |
[13:19] | That’s a six months to a year horizon. | 那得花上一年半载 |
[13:22] | There is cannabis money. | 还有大麻资金 |
[13:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:27] | It’s a multi-billion dollar space | 根据我们的估算 |
[13:28] | according to our estimates, as companies in medical marijuana | 这是一个数十亿美元的空间 因为随着各州大麻合法化 |
[13:31] | are ready to expand into recreational | 医用大麻公司已经准备 |
[13:33] | as it gets legalized state by state. | 将业务扩展到娱乐方面了 |
[13:35] | Traditional banks have been reluctant | 传统银行一直不愿意 |
[13:37] | to take on and process this cash. | 接受和处理这类现金 |
[13:38] | Sure, sure. I think I love this. | 当然 我喜欢这个 |
[13:41] | It’s got potential. Unfortunately, it’s a yellow light. | 很有潜力 不幸的是 现在仍然是黄灯期 |
[13:44] | A great opportunity, but not safe yet | 这是很好的机会 但还不安全 |
[13:45] | until such time as federal legislation changes. | 联邦立法尚未改变 |
[13:48] | It wasn’t even supposed to be mentioned in this meeting. | 甚至这次会议上都不该提这件事 |
[13:50] | Yeah, but you did. | 没错 但你还是说了 |
[13:52] | Send me everything you have on it. | 把你手头资料都发给我 |
[14:07] | Mr. Prince, | 普林斯先生 |
[14:08] | I am pleased that my invitation… | 我很高兴 我的邀请… |
[14:11] | This is an impressive group. | 这是个令人印象深刻科的团队 |
[14:13] | I hope the intention is as serious | 罗兹先生 希望大家 |
[14:15] | as I was led to believe, Mr. Rhoades. | 和我想的一样严肃 |
[14:17] | Serious and elevating, I trust. | 我相信会是严肃且发人深省的 |
[14:19] | And, uh, call me Chuck, please. | 另外 叫我查克就好 |
[14:21] | And you call me Mike. | 你叫我麦克吧 |
[14:22] | All of you. | 大家都是 |
[14:23] | Well, welcome to my home, Mike. | 好的 欢迎莅临寒舍 麦克 |
[14:27] | And to this chapter of a great tradition, | 而这是一伟大传统的篇章 |
[14:31] | the Jeffersonian dinner. | 杰弗逊晚宴 |
[14:33] | A further evolution of it anyway, aided by WebEx. | 当然是在网迅公司协助下的进阶版 |
[14:38] | Though separated by circumstance, | 疫情所致 我们只能分开 |
[14:40] | there’s no reason our exchange of ideas has to be… Ah! | 但我们的思想交流无论如何不会… |
[14:44] | And we will dine as the founders did, | 我们会像国父们一样 |
[14:47] | with heritage birds. | 享用我们的传统家禽 |
[14:49] | Has the same unaltered genetic makeup as the turkeys | 此家禽与”长脚汤姆”时代在谢南多厄河谷 |
[14:52] | that roam the Shenandoah Valley in Long Tom’s day, | 游荡的火鸡有着同样的基因组合 |
[14:55] | as my remote emissaries have set up for you. | 我的远程使者已为诸位准备好了 |
[14:58] | Yes, thank you very much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[15:00] | I’m surprised you’re not in a powdered wig and tricorn. | 我很意外 你竟然没有戴白色假发和三角帽 |
[15:02] | Don’t think he didn’t consider it. | 你以为他没想过吗 |
[15:06] | We will honor this custom going back to the days of the founders | 在国父时代 各行各业的领导人 |
[15:08] | when leading citizens, both public and private, | 都会审查且有时还会制定当时的议程 |
[15:13] | reviewed and sometimes set the agenda of the day. | 今天 我们将尊重这一传统 |
[15:18] | This will be a “One mind” Conversation | 今天是一心谈话 |
[15:20] | with everyone taking turns, | 大家轮流发言 |
[15:21] | no real interlocution or crosstalk except by me. | 除了我 没有人可以对话或者串话 |
[15:24] | I will be our guide. | 我将带领大家 |
[15:27] | And tonight’s topic is… | 今天的话题是 |
[15:30] | Liberty. | 自由 |
[15:45] | Liberty, law. | 自由 法律 |
[15:52] | Big words to unpack. | 拆解这么宏大的命题 |
[15:55] | Either could be a night’s work. A week’s. | 任何一个都可能要花一整晚 或者一星期 |
[15:57] | It’s like trying to understand the difference in tone | 这就好比试图理解《匹配游戏》 |
[15:57] | 《匹配游戏》美国经典游戏节目 1962年在NBC首次播出 前前后后延续了数十年 1973年至1991年 查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利是该游戏节目的常驻评论员 | |
[15:59] | between Match Game and Match Game, PM. | 与《PM匹配游戏》的区别一样 |
[16:01] | Well, the key there was which ascot Charles Nelson Reilly wore, | 关键在于查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利戴了哪条宽领带 |
[16:04] | but this is not the time to look into that or the question. | 但现在不是讨论那个问题的时候 |
[16:07] | Again, no cross talk. | 再说一次 不要串话 |
[16:10] | Um, and we will keep to Chatham House rule. | 我们要遵循查塔姆宫守则 |
[16:13] | So, uh, you can use any info you glean here, | 所以 你们可以自由使用在这里接收到的信息 |
[16:16] | but not for attribution. | 但不得探讨其归属 |
[16:17] | Can I get a nod of assent to same? | 听明白的点点头 |
[16:19] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:22] | Uh, premise. | 假设 |
[16:24] | – Two ways… – I tried him, but | – 两个方式… – 我找过他了 但是 |
[16:26] | you’re the one who sent me this garbage. | 给我寄这个垃圾东西的是你 |
[16:28] | …uh, banking laws are a threat to liberty or | 银行法规是对自由的威胁 或者 |
[16:32] | banks without regulation are the true threat to liberty. | 或者说缺少管控的银行才是自由真正的威胁 |
[16:35] | First, are we a people at liberty? | 首先 我们是自由国度吗 |
[16:38] | Then, are we free to bank | 其次 我们可以随心所欲的 |
[16:40] | – how we want? – Right, yeah. | – 开银行吗 – 没错 |
[16:43] | I have some thoughts on this. | 我对此有一些新想法 |
[16:44] | Um, freedom… | 自由… |
[16:46] | Chuck, you need to take this. | 查克 你得接下这个 |
[16:48] | Let’s start with the, uh, premise that… | 从哪说起呢 假定… |
[16:50] | It’s a reflex. She calls, I have to answer. It’s Wendy. | 条件反射啊 她打过来 我就接了 是温迪 |
[16:56] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[16:58] | – Can’t it wait? – You didn’t. | – 不能等一等吗 – 你就没等啊 |
[17:02] | Uh, folks, I’ll need a moment before we continue our colloquy. | 各位 我先离开一会 回来再继续 |
[17:09] | I’m in the midst of a Jeffersonian dinner. | 我正在参加一场杰弗逊晚宴 |
[17:11] | You hit me with a goddamn subpoena. | 你给我寄了传票 |
[17:13] | A demand for disclosure as is within my rights. | 我有权要求一份财务披露 |
[17:16] | I care not a whit, as you might put it. | 用你的话来说 老娘一点都不在乎 |
[17:17] | What I do care about is what are you trying | 我真正关心的是 你这醉翁之意 |
[17:19] | to get out of this look under the hood? | 到底意在何处 |
[17:22] | Fair play. | 公平竞争 |
[17:23] | Getting what I am owed. Simple as that. | 得到我应得的 就是这么简单 |
[17:25] | We had an independent valuator come up with that number. | 我们有一位独立的估价师 他已经给出数字了 |
[17:28] | Our very own Jonathan Mardukas. | 我们的”乔纳森·马杜克斯” |
[17:29] | Who knows what kind of circles | 谁知道你们公司会计 |
[17:31] | your in-house accountant spun him in? | 给他设了什么圈套呢 |
[17:33] | No. This is about control over me one last time. | 不 这是你想最后再控制我一回 |
[17:37] | Or is it part of your endless pursuit of Axe? | 还是说 这是你对阿克塞穷追不舍的一部分 |
[17:39] | What, you want a Trojan Horse into his books? | 怎么 你想在他的账簿里放特洛伊木马吗 |
[17:41] | No plan. Do you want to be done? | 并无此意 你想就此结束吗 |
[17:44] | Then let’s be done. Pay me off. | 那就这样吧 把钱给我 |
[17:45] | Lump sum in the next 48 hours. | 四十八小时内一次性付清 |
[17:48] | Forty-eight hours? | 四十八小时 |
[17:50] | For that kind of money? | 那么多钱呢 |
[17:52] | Or I’ll be in first thing next week to take a gander. | 或者我下周第一时间就去看财报 |
[17:55] | Or a perusal. | 精读一番 |
[17:56] | Or maybe I’ll just take a piece of the company. Hmm? | 又或者 没准我还能得到你们公司一部分股份 怎么样 |
[17:58] | There’s no way that’s happening. | 绝无可能 |
[18:00] | These are reasonable options. | 这些都是合理选择 |
[18:02] | It’s either the Burt Reynolds Spreader or a go-away pay off. | 要么你长期放血 要么一次性给完分手费 |
[18:04] | The divorce judge will see that as fair. | 离婚法官也会支持的 |
[18:06] | Because it is. | 因为确实如此 |
[18:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:22] | Chelz, welcome. | 切尔西 欢迎大驾 |
[18:27] | I’m so glad you’re here. Come with me. | 你能来真是我的无限荣耀 跟我来吧 |
[18:37] | I’m sorry I couldn’t get away, but… | 抱歉 我这里走不开 但… |
[18:38] | I didn’t wanna cancel. | 我也不想爽约 |
[18:40] | More like you’re worried people my age | 感觉上更像 你担心我这个年纪的人 |
[18:42] | have a short attention span | 注意力转瞬即逝 |
[18:43] | and I would forget about you, | 如果你爽约 |
[18:45] | if you canceled. | 我就会把你忘了 |
[18:47] | But don’t stress. You’ve got my attention. | 不过别担心 你已经引起我的注意 |
[18:51] | At least for now. | 起码目前是这样的 |
[18:53] | Is this weird? | 会不会感觉奇怪 |
[18:56] | I hope it’s not weird. | 我希望不奇怪 |
[18:59] | It’s a little weird. | 有点点怪 |
[19:02] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[19:03] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[19:04] | I need you to go after gold, gold deposits that is. | 我希望你们去挖金 也就是黄金存款 |
[19:09] | We get credits for FDIC-insured deposits. | 联邦存款保险公司保险的存款可以为我们提供信贷 |
[19:12] | But there’s a limit of 250K per account. | 但每个账户的上限是二十五万 |
[19:15] | So I need you to call everybody on the master list | 凡是在总表上账户超过额度的人 |
[19:17] | who’s got more than that | 我需要你们联系他们 |
[19:18] | and make ’em break down their accounts into multiple accounts | 让他们把账户分割成低于二十五万的 |
[19:21] | of under 250. | 小账户 |
[19:23] | Put ’em in their wives’ names, kids’ names, | 户名可以设成他们妻子的 孩子的 |
[19:25] | businesses, LLCs, corps. | 商务的 公司的 企业的 |
[19:27] | That sounds… | 听起来… |
[19:29] | well, I’ll just say it. | 我直说吧 |
[19:31] | Over the line. | 过红线了 |
[19:33] | In our world, you’re either driven by greed or fear. | 我们的世界里 动力源于贪婪或者恐惧 |
[19:36] | If you picked fear, | 如果你的是恐惧 |
[19:37] | I don’t know why you’re even in that fucking building. | 我不懂你为什么还留在这里 |
[19:45] | I gotta take a call. So go get creative. | 有电话进来了 脑子都转起来 |
[19:48] | Did you get my text? | 看到我的信息了吗 |
[19:50] | – So who’s there? – Chuck’s at the head. | – 都有谁 – 主座是查克 |
[19:52] | – Of course. – Ira was next to him | – 果然 – 艾拉坐在他旁边 |
[19:54] | and Prince on the other side. | 普林斯坐在查克的另一边 |
[19:56] | – Son of a bitch. – That’s what I said. | – 妈的 – 我也说了这句 |
[19:58] | Senator Vanderveer and Governor Sweeney | 还有范德韦尔议员和斯威尼州长 |
[20:00] | and the rest of them were up on the board. | 和其他几个人都在视频里 |
[20:01] | They were sitting down to dinner, | 他们在一起吃晚饭 |
[20:02] | but it looked like a major fuckin’ initiative to me. | 但在我看来更像是做什么重大决策 |
[20:05] | There was an empty seat, too. I’m not sure for who. | 还有一个空座 不清楚是留给谁的 |
[20:07] | I… I couldn’t see the placard. | 座位上的名牌看不清 |
[20:09] | So tell me exactly what it was you overheard Chuck saying. | 告诉我 你听到查克的原话是什么 |
[20:12] | “Premise, two ways. | “假设 两种方式 |
[20:14] | Banking laws are a threat to liberty, | 银行法规是对自由的威胁 |
[20:16] | or banks without regulation are | 或者说缺少管控的银行 |
[20:18] | the true threat to liberty.” | 是自由真正的威胁” |
[20:20] | First, are we a people at liberty? | 首先 我们是自由国度吗 |
[20:22] | Then, are we free to bank how we want? | 其次 我们可以随心所欲的开银行吗 |
[20:25] | Yeah, premise. | 哼 还假设 |
[20:26] | It’s a fucking attack on me. | 这就是赤裸裸的针对我 |
[20:28] | I’m gonna Sherlock Holmes this thing until I figure it out. | 我要把这事搞清楚 像福尔摩斯那样查一查 |
[20:44] | Yeah? | 有事啊 |
[20:45] | I’m calling you as my banking trustee. | 叨扰您 是因为您是我的银行委托人 |
[20:48] | Seems like your son is having a soiree tonight. | 今晚贵公子好像在家举办社交晚宴呢 |
[20:50] | And your invite must have gotten caught up in the spam filter. | 您的邀请函估计被当做垃圾邮件给拦截了 |
[20:54] | Feels like it’s a meeting of my enemies arrayed against me. | 感觉上像是我的敌人都聚在一起商量对付我 |
[20:58] | So I need you to crash and send me dispatches. | 我希望您能打入内部 并且尽快给我消息 |
[21:01] | Copy that. | 明白 |
[21:03] | Doc, am I game ready? | 医生 我能出去玩吗 |
[21:06] | Like Julius Erving in 76, baby. | 小可爱 你现在壮如牛啊 |
[21:10] | In. | 这就去 |
[21:11] | Good. | 太好啦 |
[21:13] | I know I said, I’d take you to Tom Colicchoi’s new restaurant. | 我说过 要带你去汤姆·库里其奥的新餐厅 |
[21:16] | – Yeah. – But don’t be disappointed. | – 是啊 – 不过别失望 |
[21:20] | I brought Tom Colicchio to you. | 我把汤姆·库里其奥请来了 |
[21:24] | – Hey, Wags. How you doin’? – Chef. | – 瓦格斯 你好啊 – 主厨好 |
[21:26] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[21:28] | So this is a dish that I created back when I was at Gramercy Tavern, | 这道菜是我还在葛莱美西酒馆工作时制作的 |
[21:31] | and I thought I’d revive it for this evening. | 今晚我打算让它重出江湖 |
[21:33] | It’s a pea puree with a fondue of crab. | 这是豌豆泥配蟹肉汤 |
[21:36] | There’s some bacon, | 里面还有些腊肉 |
[21:37] | a little bit of sumac, | 一点点果干 |
[21:38] | and pink peppercorns. Enjoy. | 还有红胡椒粉 慢用 |
[21:41] | Chef, you’re a genius. | 主厨先生 您真是厨艺精湛 |
[21:42] | Thank you. | 过奖 |
[21:45] | Hmm. Smell that broth. | 闻闻这个汤 |
[21:49] | Wagner. | 瓦格纳 |
[21:51] | I’m here to get you ship-shape on banking regulation. | 我是来帮你完善银行监管条例的 |
[21:55] | Hard Bob. | 冷酷鲍勃啊 |
[21:56] | I thought the usual whiff of bullshit had dissipated. | 我以为平常的小破事都烟消云散了呢 |
[22:00] | My mind is a repository of FDIC rules and regs. | 我的脑子就是联邦存款保险公司法律法规的宝库 |
[22:03] | I don’t need any help. | 不需要你的帮助 |
[22:04] | But I will certainly ask you if I do. | 不过 如果有问题我肯定会找你的 |
[22:06] | How will fee structure and annual percentage rate | 收费结构和年利率计算 |
[22:09] | calculations be disclosed to consumers | 都瞒着客户 |
[22:11] | to ensure compliance with the truth in lending statutes? | 如何保证贷款流程会实实在在的合乎规定呢 |
[22:18] | Let’s not bore the lady with these tedious questions. | 别拿这些枯燥的问题烦这位女士 |
[22:21] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[22:22] | I will parry these softballs and more. | 我会好好的回击这些麻烦的 |
[22:26] | Let me handle this tinhorn. | 我去解决这个自命不凡的家伙 |
[22:27] | Why don’t you make a TikTok or something? | 你要不先玩玩抖音之类的 |
[22:31] | How would you ensure that error resolution policies | 你如何保证错误的解决方案 |
[22:34] | remain within the guidelines of… | 依旧符合指导要求的 |
[22:36] | Look, you’ve made your point. | 你已经说的很直白了 |
[22:37] | I’m lost in the fuckin’ weeds. | 我确实已经晕头转向了 |
[22:39] | I need you to coach me. | 我需要你来指导我 |
[22:40] | But privately, not in front of my lady friend. | 不过要私下进行 别当着女性朋友的面 |
[22:44] | I will have the documents brought to you, | 我会把文件给你送过去的 |
[22:45] | and we can start tomorrow. | 咱们明天就可以开始 |
[22:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:51] | Hey, Wags, can you come down? | 瓦格斯 能下来看看吗 |
[22:53] | Look, in business, I’ve always been a fan of proper regulation. | 在商场上 我一直都是合理监管的拥护者 |
[22:57] | A level playing field. | 一个公平竞争环境 |
[22:58] | I feed on fair competition. | 公平竞争简直就是我的衣食父母 |
[23:00] | And I feel the same way about my latest venture, Hypercube, | 我最近的风投项目超立方 让我有同样的感受 |
[23:03] | which is the digital equivalent | 这是一间等同于实体银行的数字化银行 |
[23:05] | of a brick-and-mortar bank for today and beyond. | 不仅现在如此 将来也是 |
[23:07] | So for the purposes of our conversation, | 根据我们这次会谈的目的 |
[23:10] | I’ll call myself a banker. | 我自认为是一位银行家 |
[23:11] | And as such, I have to say, | 因此 我不得不说 |
[23:13] | there must be a limit to the strangling | 对于特定人群 |
[23:15] | regulation certain factions propose… | 宽跨式套利规定必须有所限制 |
[23:18] | Sorry to interrupt. | 不好意思 打断一下 |
[23:19] | I thought we had plans tonight, son. | 儿子 我以为咱们今晚约好了呢 |
[23:21] | Must have gotten my dates crossed. | 大概率和别的安排弄混了 |
[23:24] | No, we didn’t, Dad. We have none. | 不是的 爸爸 我们没有任何约定 |
[23:26] | Marcia, you look radiant. | 玛西亚 你真是光彩照人 |
[23:30] | And you look the picture of health, Charles. | 查尔斯 你简直是健康的代名词 |
[23:32] | Oh, that’s thanks to me. | 那是我的功劳 |
[23:34] | He’s my medical man. | 这位是我的医生 |
[23:35] | Yeah, I keep his meds straight, | 是的 我确保他意识清醒 |
[23:36] | his rod straighter and his nose clean. | 行动明确 洁身自好 |
[23:38] | Well, that part’s up to him. | 不过那事他说了算 |
[23:40] | Well, uh, | 那么 |
[23:42] | now that you’re here, you might as well post up there. | 既然你已经到这 那你就去那边吧 |
[23:46] | Really? No, I… I don’t want to put you to any trouble. | 什么 不是的 我不想给你添麻烦 |
[23:48] | Dad, I’m sorry, it’s a private affair, | 爸 不好意思 这是个私人会议 |
[23:50] | but you can get a plate and fall back. | 不过你可以拿个盘子去后面吃 |
[23:52] | And our event has a strict subset of rules. | 以及我们的活动有一系列严格的规定 |
[23:55] | So I’m going to have to insist on your silence. | 我希望你可以保持沉默 |
[23:59] | I’m Helen fucking Keller. | 我什么都没看到 |
[24:04] | Well, Dad, it’s great to have you with us. | 老爸 很高兴你能来参加呢 |
[24:07] | I can’t believe you fuckin’ showed up here uninvited. | 我简直不敢相信 没被邀请你都能出现 |
[24:11] | The only reason I’m not kicking you out | 没有把你赶出去的唯一理由 |
[24:12] | is ’cause I can’t do that in front of my vaunted guests. | 就是不能当着自负的客人来这一出 |
[24:15] | Then I guess when it comes to whist, | 我认为这样的窃窃私语 |
[24:17] | I’m still the one takin’ the most tricks. | 更容易让我占到上风 |
[24:30] | So… | 好咧… |
[24:32] | what are we choppin’ up? | 我们来切点什么吃 |
[24:41] | Talk to me. | 说吧 |
[24:42] | Yeah, Axe, it’s the fucking doctor. | 阿克塞 我是医生 |
[24:43] | I got a message for you from the patient. | 我帮我的病人带个口信给你 |
[24:46] | The Prince is takin’ it to the bank. | 普林斯要弄银行了 |
[24:49] | Is anybody listening to you there? | 你旁边有人是吗 |
[24:51] | – No. – Then don’t speak in code. | – 没有啊 – 那别跟我打哑谜 |
[24:53] | I’m saying the Prince is taking it to the… | 我的意思是普林斯决定要… |
[24:57] | You mean he has a bank? Prince does? | 你的意思他有家银行 普林斯有银行 |
[24:59] | Okay, you know what? We’re gonna do | 这样吧 我们要不做个简短的听力测试吧 |
[25:01] | a quick little hearing test when we meet. | 就像我们第一次见面的时候 |
[25:02] | No, we’re not. | 没兴趣 |
[25:14] | I have just received reassurance that Judge DeGiulio is still coming. | 我刚收到确认信息 迪圭利奥法官正在过来的路上 |
[25:18] | So are we expected to go on | 所以我们是要像殖民时期那样 |
[25:19] | like we’re in colonial times until he does, | 等他来了再继续呢 |
[25:21] | or can we have a regular conversation? | 还是我们可以正常的进行会议 |
[25:22] | No one forced you to come. | 没有强迫你来参会 |
[25:25] | I… I have to admit I took pause at having | 我… 我得说刚开始邀请一位彻头彻尾的资本家时 |
[25:27] | a stark raving capitalist here in the first place. | 我确实犹豫了 |
[25:29] | But then I listened to some of our esteemed guests and relented. | 但我听从了几位尊贵的客人的建议 退让了 |
[25:32] | An Attorney General who actually listens. | 这是一位能听取意见的司法部长 |
[25:34] | A novel concept for our age. | 在我们这个时代已经不多见了 |
[25:41] | We have to deal with this … | 我们得面对面的 |
[25:43] | directly. | 解决点事 |
[25:44] | You said, “Yellow light” to Axe. | 你跟阿克塞说的是”黄灯” |
[25:46] | But the research I gave you said clearly that cannabis money | 但是我给你的研究结果清楚地显示 |
[25:49] | is a red light for banks at this moment. | 现阶段大麻资金对于银行来说是红灯期 |
[25:51] | We agreed we wouldn’t even pitch it. | 我们说好了不推这个 |
[25:52] | And that was after I said | 而且是在我说了 |
[25:53] | I didn’t want to pitch anything bank-related | 我不想推荐任何银行相关业务之后 |
[25:54] | but you said we had to, | 但你说别无选择 |
[25:56] | – so I… I don’t understand. – And now you wanna know what? | – 我… 我不明白 – 现在你想知道原因 |
[25:58] | Why throw the scroogie when you called for the heater? | 当你需要投掷快速直球时 为什么要旋转投掷 |
[26:00] | I… I pitched softball for one season in college. | 大学的时候 我… 我的垒球只玩了半年 |
[26:03] | My out pitch was a sinker dropped off the table like a brick. | 我的外场球 就像砖块从桌上掉下来那样生硬 |
[26:06] | And yeah, if my catcher and I got crossed up like that, | 以及 如果我和我的接球手都被干扰了 |
[26:08] | I’d expect her to come to the mound. | 我希望她可以去土墩上 |
[26:10] | As I am. | 我也会去 |
[26:11] | Why give wrong info to the Axe Man? | 为什么给阿克塞错误信息 |
[26:13] | We didn’t tell him to buy. | 我们也没叫他买进呀 |
[26:16] | Are you working against him? For yourself? | 你这是在报复他吗 为了你自己吗 |
[26:19] | I can’t help if I don’t know. | 如果我不知情我就无法继续 |
[26:21] | Are you going to make sure Mase Carbon | 你能确保无论在什么情况下 |
[26:22] | stays independent no matter what? | 梅森碳能都能独立运作吗 |
[26:24] | This is the “Trust me” piece. | 这也是”相信我”的一部分 |
[26:27] | As a person? Or as a boss? | 对你这个人 还是这个公司的老板 |
[26:29] | Like in one of those good sushi places | 如同那些高级的寿司店 |
[26:31] | where they won’t make substitutions | 他们既不会做低配食材 |
[26:32] | or California rolls. | 也不会做加州卷 |
[26:34] | You’re in safe hands when I serve you the quail egg. | 当我向你展示决心的时候 我们已经达成共识了 |
[26:36] | Uh… I’m not working for a bank. | 我不会做银行的工作 |
[26:38] | Banks are bad. Not good bad or fun bad, just bad. | 银行都很坏 不是简单的好坏或者没有乐趣 就是单纯的坏 |
[26:42] | And boring. | 而且很无聊 |
[26:44] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[26:46] | We’ll see what that’s worth. | 那就拭目以待吧 |
[26:54] | Thanks for the intel on Chuck’s. | 谢谢你给我关于查克的情报 |
[26:56] | I think I’m starting to know what’s going on. | 我想我开始明白这是怎么回事了 |
[27:01] | I owe you. | 我欠你一个人情 |
[27:05] | So… I admit it. Yes. | 行 我承认 是的 |
[27:10] | The Tanner thing was about you. | 坦纳那事的确是与你有关的 |
[27:15] | I just thought, this guy’s full of shit. Marketable. | 我是想着 这人满嘴屁话 有市场 |
[27:17] | But a dime-store Pollock with a full head of greasy hair. | 但也不过是一个满头油污的一元店画家 |
[27:20] | And I wanted you to see it sooner than later | 我想你在受伤前 |
[27:23] | before you got badly hurt. | 尽早看清 |
[27:24] | So I…I exposed him. | 所以 我… 我曝光了他的真面目 |
[27:27] | You’d have seen it within weeks if I did nothing. | 即使我不那么做 几个星期后你还是会自己看清的 |
[27:32] | If that’s true, I could see my way to appreciating… | 如果真是这样 我是应该谢谢 |
[27:36] | it… the intent, | 你的好意 |
[27:38] | but… | 但是 |
[27:40] | – There are other ways. – Yeah, now look, | – 可以有其他方式的 – 是 听着 |
[27:42] | I am not saying I was thinking clearly | 我没说我想得很清楚了 |
[27:44] | or that I even knew, exactly, what I was doing. | 或者说清楚知道自己在干什么 |
[27:46] | But since you mentioned it this morning, | 但自从你今早提起 |
[27:50] | you know, I’ve been chewing on it. | 这事就一直在我脑海里挥之不去 |
[27:52] | So I had to tell you. | 所以我必须告诉你 |
[27:58] | Sorry to interrupt. But I need you. | 抱歉打扰了 但我需要你 |
[28:00] | You looking for me, Orrin? | 你在找我吗 奥林 |
[28:01] | Not you. Her. | 不是 我找她 |
[28:03] | Okay. Well, Wend, | 行吧 那 温迪 |
[28:06] | you and I will finish this convo later. | 我们之后再继续讨论这事 |
[28:09] | That we will. | 没问题 |
[28:15] | You don’t have the liquid assets | 你现在没有足够的流动资产 |
[28:16] | to pay out Chuck, lump sum right now. | 来一次性付清查克 |
[28:19] | I can fight off his demand for a week or so, but… | 我可以抗拒他的请求 一个星期左右吧 不过 |
[28:23] | he’s going to get in. | 他还是会进来的 |
[28:39] | I see the trading of blows has begun already. | 看来 我们已经开始过招了 |
[28:42] | Don’t tell me I caught you off guard? | 别告诉我你对此毫无防备 |
[28:44] | I just want to make sure you are ready to parry my attack. | 我只是想要确保你能招架住我的攻击 |
[28:47] | Like Louden Swain himself. | 就如劳登·斯温一般 |
[28:49] | And I want to make sure you are able | 而我也想要确保你可以 |
[28:51] | to deliver the Solicitor General. | 给我搞来首席司法官 |
[28:52] | He’s pretty darn key here. | 他在这里非常关键 |
[28:53] | To our own Vision Quest, yes. | 对于我们的合作 是的 |
[28:56] | DeGiulio will be here. | 迪圭利奥会来的 |
[28:57] | But as to where he’ll land, I am less confident. | 但我不是很确定他的态度 |
[29:00] | He’s formidable. A veritable Shute. | 他实在极难对付 跟作家内维尔·舒特没两样 |
[29:02] | I’ll get his shoulders down for the three count. | 我可以让他三振出局 |
[29:05] | Best of luck to you on that. | 那就祝你好运了 |
[29:17] | I haven’t seen you leave your office. | 我没看到你离开过办公室 |
[29:19] | Is that your way of asking if I’ve had dinner? | 你是在问我吃完饭了没吗 |
[29:22] | You’re usually more direct. | 你一般会直接点 |
[29:23] | To go see Axe. | 去见阿克塞 |
[29:24] | To tell him that you’re choosing Mase Carb. | 告诉他你选择梅森碳能 |
[29:26] | I’m considering his offer to work for Axe Bank. | 我在考虑去阿克塞银行 |
[29:30] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[29:32] | When you factor in your bonus, | 当你考虑到你的分红 |
[29:33] | you’d make less there than you do here. | 你就知道在那你赚的会少很多 |
[29:35] | What tempts you about his offer that I won’t be able to match? | 他有什么是我给不了的 |
[29:37] | Stability. | 安稳 |
[29:39] | Working here, we’re always fighting for our lives. | 在这工作 我们永远要为生活奋斗 |
[29:42] | Don’t get me wrong, I love a challenge, | 别误解了 我喜欢挑战 |
[29:43] | the thrill of a big win when we land new money. | 那份赚到大钱的喜悦 |
[29:46] | Oof, it’s like hitting your number in roulette | 哇 就像是在轮盘中赌赢了 |
[29:49] | and letting it ride. But you keep that up and… | 一次又一次 但是如果继续这样做 |
[29:51] | You’d rather be the house. | 你会更想做庄家 |
[29:54] | You don’t ask me a lot about my life before we met, | 在我们认识之前 你不怎么关心我的生活 |
[29:56] | and I like that. | 我喜欢那样 |
[29:58] | I figure your own past is full of difficult memories | 我想你的过去应该是充满了你不想重提的 |
[30:00] | you’d rather not retread, | 艰难岁月 |
[30:02] | and you’re extending me the same courtesy. | 所以你也是这么对我的 |
[30:04] | You’re right. I don’t like to pry. | 你是对的 我不喜欢去八卦 |
[30:05] | But I want you to feel comfortable sharing anything with me. | 但我希望你能放心地跟我分享任何事情 |
[30:10] | When I was 12 years old, my dad found Jesus. | 我十二岁的时候 我爸皈依基督教 |
[30:15] | He left a lucrative career in advertising for the pulpit. | 他离开了利润丰厚的广告业 转而成了牧师 |
[30:19] | He said he couldn’t stand another day of writing jingles | 他说他不能再继续天天编广告曲了 |
[30:21] | that people could whistle on their way to hell. | 那些不过是引人通往地狱的哨声 |
[30:25] | He wanted to climb Jacob’s Ladder instead. | 他想要上天堂 |
[30:28] | He threw our whole family into debt. We lost our house. | 他让我们全家陷入债务 失去了我们的房子 |
[30:31] | I worked my way through college, and I still have loans. | 大学期间我半工半读 我现在都还没还完贷款 |
[30:35] | I appreciate your sharing that with me. | 我十分谢谢你的分享 |
[30:37] | But it leaves me wondering what we’ve been doing | 但这不禁让我好奇这段时间里 |
[30:40] | this whole time together, then, | 我们都一起做了些什么 |
[30:41] | if you never felt secure or provided for. | 竟然让你一直没有安全感 |
[30:43] | So maybe I have some trust issues too, | 或许我也比较难信任别人吧 |
[30:46] | but that’s not all of it. | 但不完全是因为这个 |
[30:48] | I don’t want to be dependent on you. | 我不想依赖着你 |
[30:51] | I can’t count on you providing for me forever. | 我不能指望你永远给我饭吃 |
[30:54] | That’s not fair to either one of us. | 这对谁都不公平 |
[30:57] | I need to be able to provide for myself. | 我需要自己养活自己 |
[31:01] | God never made any sense to me. Neither did heaven or hell. | 我从来不信上帝那套 不管是天堂还是地狱 |
[31:03] | But the markets do. | 但我信市场 |
[31:05] | You are punished or rewarded as you deserve. | 不管是惩罚还是奖赏 都是你应得的 |
[31:06] | It’s not up to anyone’s whim. | 这并不取决于任何人的心血来潮 |
[31:08] | That’s the kind of stability I can devote my life to. | 这就是我全身心追求的安稳 |
[31:23] | Let’s get into the far reaches of liberty and the law. | 让我们来讨论一下自由和法律所触及的不到的 |
[31:26] | Marijuana, specifically. | 具体点 大麻 |
[31:29] | Legalization as a form of liberty and a source of tax revenue? | 是以个人自由还是税收作为合法化的理由 |
[31:32] | Or is it a furtherance of moral decay | 还是说因为大麻会加速道德沦丧 |
[31:35] | that needs to be curtailed in order to preserve liberty of thought? | 所以我们要去限制它来保护思想自由 |
[31:39] | Let me kick this off, ’cause I have something to say. | 让我抛砖引玉吧 因为我有些话想说 |
[31:42] | – Legalization, I’m for it, and… – I don’t know, man. | – 合法化 我赞同 和… – 我不知道诶 兄弟 |
[31:46] | Say what you will about moral decay… | 你说你关心道德沦丧 |
[31:47] | – Excuse me… – But you don’t know true freedom | – 原谅我 – 但你不知道真正的自由 |
[31:49] | until you’ve gotten behind some government-derived, | 直到你尝过了一些政府主导的 |
[31:50] | pharmaceutical-grade jump juice. | 医药级”精华” |
[31:55] | Amphetamines, baby, you know what I mean? | 安非他命 你知道我的意思吧 |
[31:57] | Of course you don’t. Wink wink. | 你当然不知道啦 小帅气 |
[31:59] | I’m not talking about some sweaty meth cookers | 我说的不是那些出着汗的绝命毒师 |
[32:01] | wearing rebreathers and hitting up every CVS | 戴着防毒面具 整天到访乡下药房 |
[32:02] | inside the county line for Sudafed and Drano. | 去购买伪麻黄碱和通渠剂 |
[32:05] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[32:06] | I am talking primo caca, | 我说的是化学商做的 |
[32:08] | turned out by chemist-vintners. | 顶级咖啡 |
[32:11] | And I, for one, cannot wait to see the ground that these | 而我 迫不及待想要看到这些高端毒品 |
[32:13] | high-end grasshoppers break out once it’s legal. | 合法化之后瘾君子数量爆发的场面 |
[32:24] | Moving on. | 我们继续吧 |
[32:31] | We used to call it Mary Jane, | 我们以前习惯叫大麻为玛丽·简 (大麻英文音译) |
[32:34] | sometimes tea. | 有时候也会叫做茶 |
[32:37] | But whatever you put in your pipe and smoke, | 反正是那些你放到管子里面吸的东西 |
[32:39] | that’s what they are arguing about right now. | 他们现在在讨论的就是这个 |
[32:41] | Cannabis? | 大麻 |
[32:42] | That’s what the marketers want you to call it, yeah. | 资本家都这么称呼的 行吧 |
[32:45] | And the… the conversation has turned to it | 然后… 讨论开始关注于 |
[32:46] | as business source or revenue. | 对其商业化来牟利 |
[32:49] | Who’s pro and who’s against? | 谁支持 谁反对 |
[32:51] | Prince is for it. | 普林斯赞成 |
[32:53] | And they keep mentioning DeGiulio is showing up. | 然后他们一直提到说迪圭利奥会出现 |
[32:55] | The federal government’s going fully legal? | 联邦政府要完全合法化大麻 |
[32:57] | Nah. Is that the thing? | 不会吧 会吗 |
[33:01] | Try one of the upstairs commodes! | 去用楼上那个厕所 |
[33:04] | And have a little respect for a man with one | 然后对一个刚换了肾的人 |
[33:06] | recently-installed fucking kidney! | 尊重点 |
[33:10] | I gotta get back. | 稍后联系 |
[33:21] | Bill, I need you to check on the status | 比尔 我要你查一下目前所有 |
[33:23] | of all current marijuana legislation, | 关于大麻的法条的状态 |
[33:25] | as well as any public statements made on the subject by Graham, | 还有格雷厄姆 范德韦尔 斯威尼 |
[33:28] | Vandeveer, or Sweeney. | 所发布的所有公告 |
[33:30] | And find out what’s moving through the federal system | 看一下联邦政府是不是在或者即将 |
[33:32] | right now or might be soon. | 通过什么法律 |
[33:34] | Call in anybody you’d like to help. | 找谁帮忙都行 |
[33:38] | Wags! | 瓦格斯 |
[33:41] | I need your help on something. | 我要你的帮忙 |
[33:50] | Where can I get $25 million, quick? | 我从哪能快速弄到两千五百万 |
[33:53] | We gonna plan a heist? | 我们要抢银行吗 |
[33:55] | Should I get Danny and Rusty and the crew? | 要不要叫上几个专业的 |
[33:56] | No, really. I need 25. Now. | 不 真的 我需要两千五百万 现在就要 |
[33:59] | Chuck is going to use the divorce settlement | 查克要利用离婚协议来 |
[34:01] | to get a look at our books, and leg over into Axe’s, | 查我们的帐 顺便查上阿克塞的 |
[34:03] | if I don’t lump sum him. | 除非我能一次性付清 |
[34:04] | Can’t let that happen because it won’t stop, | 我们不能让那发生 因为他不会那样 |
[34:06] | – even there. – It will not. | – 就满足了 – 是的 |
[34:08] | You don’t have the ability to lay hands on that amount? | 你没有能力动用到那么多钱吗 |
[34:10] | It’s illiquid or tied up in the divorce settlement with Chuck. | 我的钱要么无法流动 要么因为和查克的离婚协议而冻结了 |
[34:14] | Could you lend it to me, | 你能不能借给我 |
[34:15] | and use my piece of the company as collateral? | 用我的公司股份做担保 |
[34:18] | I can’t be seen as pulling money right now. | 我现在不能被看到撤资套现 |
[34:20] | What about the special trustee, your former father-in-law? | 要不问问特殊受托人 你前公公 |
[34:23] | – He’s a man of means. – No. No way. | – 他总是方法多多 – 不 绝对不要 |
[34:24] | Makes it worse. | 那只会更麻烦 |
[34:25] | Well, you need someone like that: | 你需要的是 |
[34:26] | deep pockets and willing to go into them for you. | 有钱还愿意为你慷慨解囊的人 |
[34:30] | Axe. He’d… | 阿克塞 他会… |
[34:32] | I am not comfortable with that. | 我不是很赞同 |
[34:33] | We need to keep Mase Carb separate, | 我们要保持梅森碳能的独立性 |
[34:35] | because if Axe gets angry, he could trash it for spite. | 否则他一不高兴 可能就会拿我们公司泄愤 |
[34:37] | Well, we need to solve this. | 不管怎样 我们要解决这问题 |
[34:39] | Otherwise, Chuck will be here Monday morning, | 否则 查克周一就会过来 |
[34:40] | in his white Gil Grissom coat, | 穿着他的”探案”大衣 |
[34:42] | ready to do an autopsy on our business. | 来对我们公司做尸检了 |
[34:46] | Apologies and salutations. | 抱歉 同时表示问候 |
[34:50] | If it isn’t the man of the hour. | 大人物终于来了 |
[34:52] | If that hour were several hours ago. | 迟到好几个小时了都 |
[34:54] | I figured this was better than nothing. | 我想着迟到总比不到要好 |
[34:57] | I missed the festivities, I see. | 看来我是错过庆祝活动了 |
[34:59] | Which were spirited at times. | 有时还挺激烈的 |
[35:02] | Since you’re here, Mr. Solicitor General, | 首席司法官先生 既然你现在来了 |
[35:05] | perhaps you can be of answer to our final question, | 或许你可以回答我们最后的问题 |
[35:09] | the path to legality of cannabis. | 大麻合法化的道路 |
[35:11] | Well, as you know, I can’t take a side. | 你们知道的 我不能站队 |
[35:13] | United States is my only client. | 美利坚合众国才是我唯一的当事人 |
[35:14] | But there is a case looming, | 不过现在有一个案例迫在眉睫 |
[35:18] | and its issues echo many other cases from many other states. | 此案件的问题呼应了许多其他州的其他案件 |
[35:22] | But it’s a conservative court. | 不过那案件在保守党的法庭 |
[35:23] | So don’t we know how it would rule? | 我们应该也能猜到结果了 |
[35:25] | It is. But as the states’ rulings for legalization pile up, | 是这样没错 但随着各州对合法化的裁决越来越多 |
[35:30] | the likelihood of the high court changing with the times, grows. | 高院随时代改变的可能性也就随之增长 |
[35:33] | It’s a living body, adhering to the Constitution, of course, | 高院也在改革 当然了 遵守宪法地改革 |
[35:36] | but not deaf to our age. | 不会对这时代的声音充耳不闻 |
[35:38] | SCOTUS isn’t the Vatican. | 美国最高法院不是梵蒂冈 |
[35:40] | Exactly the theme of our discussion. | 我们讨论的正是这个 |
[35:43] | What are the chances the case goes before the court? | 那这案件最终呈上法院的可能性有多大 |
[35:46] | Well, I’m not a betting man, but hell, | 我不是赌徒 |
[35:48] | if I were, even Ladbroke’s doesn’t take action on this, | 真要我说的话 连立博博彩公司都不会插一脚 |
[35:52] | but I wouldn’t bet against it. | 但我不会赌它输 |
[36:05] | Let’s eat! | 我们吃吧 |
[36:06] | Oh, I already finished. | 我已经吃完了 |
[36:08] | He served the main course, | 大厨已经上主菜了 |
[36:09] | and I didn’t want mine to get cold. | 我不想放凉了 |
[36:11] | Sorry. But I mean, cold chicken? | 抱歉 不过你想想 冷鸡肉 |
[36:15] | Of course. You’re right. Blech. | 明白的 你是对的 那一定不好吃 |
[36:18] | Well, I hope you don’t mind watching me eat. | 我希望你不介意看着我吃 |
[36:21] | Can I get you some more wine? | 再要些红酒吗 |
[36:24] | I just have a quick question. | 我有个小问题 |
[36:27] | This form asks for my department head. | 这表格需要我的部门主管签名 |
[36:30] | Would that be you? | 是你吗 |
[36:32] | And actually, what’s my department? | 还有 我的部门是什么 |
[36:34] | Wait, what’s my new title? | 等等 我的新职位又是什么 |
[36:36] | Can I pick it myself? | 我可以自己选一个吗 |
[36:39] | Does my office look any different, Tuk? | 图克 我的办公室看着有什么不同吗 |
[36:43] | The tablecloth, the candlelight? | 桌布 烛光 |
[36:46] | Maybe the beautiful, young inamorata sitting right here? | 又或者说 坐在这里美丽年轻的情人 |
[36:51] | Do any of these signs tell you that now is not a good time? | 这些迹象是否告诉你现在不是时候 |
[36:57] | Let’s review some basics. | 让我来给你回顾一些基本概念 |
[37:01] | I am the goddamn CEO of Axe Bank. | 老子是阿克塞银行天杀的的首席执行官 |
[37:05] | I am neither your department head | 我不是你的部门主管 |
[37:07] | nor the person you come to with your imbecilic questions. | 也不是你能问些愚蠢问题的对象 |
[37:10] | I have much, much bigger fish on my metaphorical plate, | 我有更加重要的事情要做 |
[37:15] | and a fucking cold coq au vin on my actual plate. | 而我餐盘里还有一份凉了的红酒炖鸡 |
[37:18] | And nobody likes cold coq, you know what I’m sayin’? | 没有人喜欢吃冷鸡 你知道我的意思吗 |
[37:24] | He needs to be made a fucking example of. | 他需要被杀鸡儆猴 |
[37:27] | Don’t you run from me, | 你别跑 |
[37:29] | you loathsome little prick squirt! | 你个狗娘养的恶心东西 |
[37:32] | Fucking cunt! | 你个臭娘炮 操 |
[37:36] | Mike Prince and my son are squarely at odds | 迈克尔·普林斯和我儿子对于这个大麻生意 |
[37:38] | over this ganja business. | 意见完全不一致 |
[37:40] | I’ve heard it from you… | 我已经听过你的看法了… |
[37:41] | …John Birch Society types before… | 跟约翰·伯奇协会没两样… |
[37:43] | – What? You’ve got to be kidding! – …on cannabis. | – 什么 你是在开玩笑吧 – …关于大麻 |
[37:44] | It needs to be legalized and federally. | 它需要被联邦政府合法化 |
[37:46] | – Yeah. Right on, hophead. – Oh, well, | – 是 你说对了 瘾君子 – 是嘛 |
[37:47] | – that’s great. – It got heated as hell. | – 你也棒棒的 – 这战况可太激烈了 |
[37:49] | Barbs and brickbats tossed around. | 嘲讽和抨击此起披伏 |
[37:51] | The long and the short it is: | 长话短说 |
[37:54] | Prince kind of kicked Chuck’s ass. | 普林斯斗赢了查克 |
[37:56] | Meanwhile, all that product can be taxed. | 同时 所有大麻产品都可以纳税 |
[38:03] | Prince kind of handed Chuck his ass in his own dining room. | 普林斯在查克的餐厅里打得他落花流水 |
[38:09] | DeGiulio said it’ll come before the court. | 迪圭利奥说那案子会呈上法院 |
[38:11] | Both of them seemed to think that was a victory for their side. | 他们俩似乎都认为是自己这一方赢了 |
[38:14] | But I wouldn’t invest in cannabis right now. | 但我现在是不会去投资大麻的 |
[38:17] | Too much uncertainty. | 太多不确定性 |
[38:20] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[38:23] | That was no fight. | 这不是吵架 |
[38:26] | That’s what they wanted us to think. | 是他们想让我们以为他们吵架了 |
[38:30] | They’re in this together. My two enemies have linked up. | 他们是一起的 我的俩敌人联合起来了 |
[38:34] | They’re trying to make marijuana money safe to bank, for Prince. | 他们是想帮普林斯把大麻资金安全存入银行 |
[38:37] | He gains these deposits for his bank | 那他就能为他的银行吸纳资金 |
[38:39] | and crushes mine in the fucking process. | 从而在这过程里挤垮我的银行 |
[38:47] | Bill, it is federal. | 比尔 是联邦政府层面的 |
[38:50] | Get Bach to find out what existing marijuana cases | 让巴赫去查现在有什么大麻案件 |
[38:53] | can be appealed to the Supreme Court. | 可以上诉至最高院 |
[38:55] | Some laws are gonna change, and we gotta be ready. | 有些法律将要被修改 我们要做好准备 |
[38:58] | Is Victor there? | 维克多在那吗 |
[38:59] | Yep. | 对的 |
[39:04] | – Yo. – Taylor and Rian, | – 来吧 – 泰勒和莉婉 |
[39:05] | tell them the yellow light is going green. | 跟她们说现在黄灯变绿灯了 |
[39:08] | That Axe Holding is going all the way green. | 阿克塞控股公司也要为此大开绿灯了 |
[39:11] | Set up the leading marijuana companies | 联系主要的大麻公司 |
[39:13] | for pitches, with incentives, to be handled by Axe Bank. | 提供优惠 让他们把钱财运作交给阿克塞银行 |
[39:16] | Got it. | 收到 |
[39:17] | Find out which cannabis companies Mike Prince is pursuing or in. | 查清楚迈克尔·普林斯准备接触哪家大麻公司 |
[39:21] | Medical, recreational, CBD, THC, paraphernalia, | 药用的 娱乐性的 大麻二酚 四氢大麻酚 大麻用具 |
[39:24] | payment processors. | 刷卡服务提供商 |
[39:25] | Someone’s about to get smoked. | 有人要被打败了 |
[39:27] | You got that right. | 你说对了 |
[39:28] | Whatever he’s going after, | 不管他准备做什么 |
[39:30] | I’m gonna take it. | 我都要抢先一步 |
[39:36] | You’re leaving. | 你要走了 |
[39:37] | Yeah, to let you do your thing. | 是的 要让你专心工作 |
[39:39] | This night turned into a mess. I’m sorry. | 今晚弄得一团糟 抱歉了 |
[39:41] | I was hoping I could show you that I could be both a bank CEO | 我还希望我能向你证明 我可以既是银行的首席执行官 |
[39:44] | and a substantial suitor, | 也能是一个有实力的追求者 |
[39:48] | the kind you’d think long-term about. | 那种你会考虑长期厮守的人 |
[39:50] | The kind you’d be proud to introduce to your folks. | 那种你会很乐意介绍给家人的人 |
[39:53] | Instead, I showed a side of myself that was… | 相反 我却展示了我不堪的一面… |
[39:56] | That was totally baller. | 更有男人味的一面 |
[39:59] | I loved watching you ream that beta. | 我特喜欢看你臭骂那程序员 |
[40:03] | I was beginning to worry that you were past it. | 我还想着你是不是已经老了 |
[40:06] | But you’re no lap dog. | 可你不是什么哈巴狗 |
[40:10] | You’re a Rottweiler. | 你是护卫犬罗威纳 |
[40:14] | Finish up here and have the front desk let me up to your place. | 把这里的事忙完 让你公寓前台放我去你家 |
[40:19] | I’ll be waiting for you. | 我等你哦 |
[40:44] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[40:45] | Wend, look, I only half said it before | 温迪 听着 我当时只说了一半 |
[40:49] | we got interrupted, about uh, | 就被打断了 关于那个 |
[40:50] | why I hated you and Tanner… | 为什么我讨厌你和坦纳… |
[40:52] | Let me do this first. | 我先来吧 |
[40:54] | Because until it’s done, uh, I can’t hear anything else. | 因为在这事结束之前 我什么都听不进去 |
[40:58] | Until what’s done? | 什么事情 |
[40:59] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[41:01] | I need his hand out of my pocket | 我需要他别再从我这拿钱 |
[41:03] | and his nose out of… our business. | 不要再干涉我们的生意 |
[41:06] | I can give you the long buildup or cut to the punch line, which is: | 我可以给你来个长篇大论或是直切正题 那就是 |
[41:09] | I need you to buy out my shares of Mase Carbon | 我需要你买断我在梅森碳能的股份 |
[41:11] | today in cash. | 就今天 用现金 |
[41:13] | And promise to let me buy ’em back at par whenever I can. | 然后向我保证 我随时可以以同样价格购回 |
[41:16] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[41:18] | It’s $25 million. | 两千五百万 |
[41:29] | Done. | 行 |
[41:50] | I sold to Axe. | 我卖给阿克塞了 |
[41:54] | You agreed not to do that mere hours ago. | 几个小时前你还同意不这么做的 |
[41:56] | Did our discussion mean that little to you? | 我们的讨论对你来说没什么意义吗 |
[41:58] | I know. But then I realized: | 我知道 可我后来意识到 |
[42:00] | We can trust him. | 我们可以相信他 |
[42:02] | You can. | 你可以的 |
[42:03] | You must know that sounds ridiculous. | 你一定知道这听起来很荒谬吧 |
[42:05] | How can I suddenly trust him? | 我怎么能就这么突然相信他 |
[42:07] | Because he wouldn’t do anything to hurt me. | 因为他不会做任何伤害我的事情 |
[42:10] | And I know I’m the only person in the world that’s true of. | 而我也知道 在这世上 他只会这么对待我 |
[42:14] | He’s hurt you before when he’s needed to. | 之前 他在有必要时就伤害过你 |
[42:16] | He did. | 确实 |
[42:17] | But I understand why. | 但我能理解为什么 |
[42:24] | And things are different between us now. | 现在我们之间的关系不一样了 |
[42:34] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[42:38] | In that case, I’ll affirm it. | 这样的话 我会支持你的决定 |
[42:42] | Good. | 那就好 |
[42:44] | I’m glad to hear you say that. | 听到你这么说 我很高兴 |
[43:11] | Have you made your decision yet? | 你做出决定了吗 |
[43:13] | Still torn. | 依然很纠结 |
[43:16] | I have been thinking about what you said. | 我一直在想你说的话 |
[43:20] | But I believe I can do both, | 但我相信我两边都能做到 |
[43:23] | handle the bank and Mase Carb. | 处理银行和梅森碳能的事务 |
[43:25] | I’d like to pitch it to Axe. | 我想这么跟阿克塞说 |
[43:28] | Well, then, technically, you still work for me. | 行 那 严格来说 你还依然为我工作 |
[43:31] | So I have the power to do this: | 那我就可以这么做了 |
[43:33] | You’re fired. | 你被炒鱿鱼了 |
[43:38] | I’ll go to Axe, then. | 那我就去阿克塞那边 |
[43:40] | I’ll get him to back me up and you know he will. | 我会让他同意我的做法 而你也知道他会的 |
[43:42] | IR girls are growing on trees out there these days. | 能处理投资者关系关系的女孩外面一抓一大把 |
[43:46] | How can you be so spiteful? | 你怎能如此狠毒 |
[43:48] | Where is this coming from? | 此话从何而来 |
[43:50] | You told me about your trust issues. | 你跟我说了你的信任问题 |
[43:51] | Now I’ll tell you about mine. | 那我就跟你说说我的 |
[43:53] | Every time I trust someone close to me to make a decision, | 每次我相信某个亲近之人去做决定 |
[43:55] | they choose to fuck me over. | 他们都选择了背叛我 |
[43:56] | I thought you were different. I was wrong. | 我还以为你跟其他人不一样 是我错了 |
[43:58] | It’s that simple to you? | 对你来说就这么简单吗 |
[44:00] | Yes, it is. You made it so. | 是的 的确 而且是你造成的 |
[44:03] | I’m not torn anymore. | 我不再纠结了 |
[44:05] | Not at all. | 完全不了 |
[44:07] | If that’s how you feel about me | 我们一起创造了这么多成果 |
[44:09] | after everything we’ve built together, | 你对我的感觉却还是如此 |
[44:12] | then it’s all clear. | 那我倒是看清楚了 |
[44:14] | Maybe for the first time. | 没准还是头一次这么清楚 |
[44:15] | Well, I’m glad I could elucidate for you. | 能为你解释清楚 我很高兴 |
[44:19] | You talk a big game about worshipping logic, | 你整天都在说你崇拜逻辑 |
[44:22] | clean, emotionless simplicity. | 干净 不带感情 简单明了 |
[44:25] | But every move you make comes from a personal pain | 但你做的每一件事都源自内心痛苦 |
[44:28] | so deep you can’t even recognize it. | 你都没意识到这痛苦埋藏得有多深 |
[44:33] | Stay out of the apartment until I clear my shit out. | 在我拿走我的东西之前 你别回公寓 |
[44:49] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[44:52] | All these people are going to push our agenda forward. | 这些人都会帮我们推动议程 |
[44:54] | They texted me. | 他们给我发信息了 |
[44:55] | I know it is so because I can almost feel | 我知道如此 因为我几乎就能感受到 |
[44:58] | that bit of melancholy that comes on the precipice | 那在重大成功的悬崖边上的 |
[45:02] | of momentous success. | 些许忧郁 |
[45:05] | Comes on the precipice of failure, too. | 重大失败的悬崖边上也会有这么个感觉 |
[45:08] | True. | 的确 |
[45:14] | That argument was a nice touch. | 那场争论是个妙招 |
[45:15] | Convincing. Almost felt personal. | 让人信服 差点就成私人恩怨了 |
[45:18] | To sell it. | 都是为了让某人相信 |
[45:24] | Oh, morning, sweetheart. | 早上好啊 宝贝 |
[45:26] | You’re up early. | 你起得挺早 |
[45:28] | Hi, Dad. Couldn’t sleep. | 嗨 爸爸 我睡不着了 |
[45:30] | Oh. Hey, uh, this is Mr. Prince. | 嗨 这是普林斯先生 |
[45:33] | Call me Mike. | 叫我迈克尔就行 |
[45:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[45:36] | What’s that smell? | 这是什么味道 |
[45:38] | Remnants of your grandfather’s cigar. | 你祖父的雪茄残留的余味 |
[45:40] | – You hungry? – Mm-hm. | – 你饿了吗 – 嗯嗯 |
[45:43] | Good. | 好的 |
[48:35] | That’s yours. | 这是你的 |
[49:24] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[49:25] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[49:32] | You were right earlier. | 你之前说的是对的 |
[49:36] | It’s, um, it’s true. | 那个 是真的 |
[49:38] | I was trying to ruin Tanner in your eyes. | 我是想要毁掉坦纳在你眼中的样子 |
[49:48] | But not as a favor to you, | 不是为了帮你 |
[49:51] | or to try to show you something about him, | 或是向你展示他的什么缺点 |
[49:58] | but because of you. | 只是因为你 |
[50:03] | Because I couldn’t stand you being with him. | 因为我受不了你和他在一起 |
[50:12] | Or anyone. | 或和任何人在一起 |
[50:16] | I can’t stand it. | 我接受不了 |
[50:23] | You don’t want me to be all alone though. | 可你也不想让我孤单一人吧 |
[50:28] | You can’t want that. | 你不会想那样的 |
[50:33] | No. | 是的 |
[50:36] | I do not. | 我不想 |
[50:41] | That’s what I’m experiencing right now, | 这是我正在经历的事情 |
[50:43] | and it’s making me realize it. | 这还让我意识到这一点 |
[50:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[50:59] | I look at it… honestly, | 我就此考虑了一番 真的 |
[51:02] | but I’ve never allowed myself to really think, | 但我就没让自己去认真思考 |
[51:05] | I feel the same things when I look at you. | 当我看着你 我也有同样的感觉 |
[51:15] | I’ve waited so long to hear those words. | 我等这句话等了好久 |