时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You’ve come far and learned much. | 你远道而来 收获颇丰 |
[00:07] | Until we see each other | 在我们下次见面 |
[00:09] | and move your knowledge into the world, be well. | 并向世界传播你的智慧之前 保重 |
[00:11] | An invitation for you to do a Vanity Fair | 《名利场》想邀请你 |
[00:13] | cover photo shoot for the “New Decas” issue. | 参与”新十富豪”的杂志封面拍摄 |
[00:16] | Somebody else will probably get the cover. | 那封面得由别人上了 |
[00:18] | Probably Mike Prince. | 可能会是迈克尔·普林斯 |
[00:19] | I was hoping you’d make it to ‘The Mike’ this year. | 我也希望你今年能够进入”伟人”行列 |
[00:21] | You and I could do a fireside chat. | 我们可以来场炉边谈话 |
[00:23] | It’d be the highlight of the conference. | 肯定能成为会议最精彩的部分 |
[00:24] | Ah. Maybe this year we will. | 今年也许可以 |
[00:26] | Try to take me out in some magazine? | 把我从杂志封面上剔除 |
[00:28] | I’ll come see you on your home fucking turf. | 我就直接找上你的主场 |
[00:30] | The separation has convinced me. | 分居这段时间让我确信 |
[00:32] | We need to be done. | 我们必须得做个了结 |
[00:32] | I am not here because you forced me to be. | 我在这里 不是因为你强迫我 |
[00:34] | Or because Chuck did. | 也不是因为查克强迫我 |
[00:35] | I am here as Chuck’s operative | 我作为查克的线人来这里 |
[00:36] | because he wants to get you. | 是因为他想抓你 |
[00:38] | That crypto mine that you busted upstate, | 你盯的那个北部加密货币案子 |
[00:40] | I’d appreciate it if you’d drop the case. | 如果你能不再深究 我将不胜感激 |
[00:42] | Best I can do is make it a civil and not a criminal action. | 我最多能把它从刑事诉讼变成民事诉讼 |
[00:45] | An act of friendship that goes beyond the norm. | 一种超越常规的友谊行为 |
[01:21] | Security, security, seaplane departing dock at 23rd Street. | 安保 安保 水上飞机在二十三街离港 |
[01:41] | Toby | 压制: |
[01:44] | Well, this works a little differently than normal therapy. | 这种疗法与常规治疗有所不同 |
[01:48] | I work a little differently than normal. | 我的工作方式也有点非常规 |
[01:50] | I’m not gonna challenge or even explore that statement. | 我不会质疑或探究你刚刚的发言 |
[01:53] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[01:54] | Because this works a little differently than normal therapy. | 因为这与常规治疗有所不同 |
[01:58] | The mission here is to dim | 今天我们要做的是淡化 |
[02:00] | the emotional response to past trauma. | 对过去创伤的情感反应 |
[02:03] | Let’s choose some people to use as resources. | 选择几个工具人吧 |
[02:05] | So, you’re gonna need a comforter, | 你需要一位安慰者 |
[02:07] | a protector, and a wise person. | 一位保护者 以及一位智者 |
[02:10] | They can be alive or dead, real or fictional. | 活人或是死者 真实存在或是虚构都可以 |
[02:13] | Old days, Wendy filled all these roles. | 想当初 这些角色都由温迪一力担当 |
[02:15] | These aren’t those. | 今时不同往日 |
[02:17] | No, yeah, hundred percent, true, okay. | 对 好 你说的很对 好的 |
[02:22] | For my comforter, I’m going with Ira Schirmer. | 我选择艾拉·席尔默作为我的安慰者 |
[02:25] | My best friend. | 他是我的挚友 |
[02:26] | 美国导演 演员 编剧 代表作品《陆军野战医院》《飞行者》等 | |
[02:26] | For my protector, Alan Alda. | 我选艾伦·艾尔达作为保护者 |
[02:30] | Oh, that’s a good one. | 选得好 |
[02:33] | 橄榄球运动员 超级碗冠军 | |
[02:33] | I use Tony Siragusa. | 我选的是托尼·希拉古萨 |
[02:34] | Oh. Big and kind. I get it, yeah. | 我懂 强壮又友善 |
[02:36] | Um, for wisdom… | 智者的话… |
[02:40] | I am a voracious reader of crime fiction. | 我是犯罪小说的狂热粉丝 |
[02:42] | And recently Darkly Dreaming Dexter | 最近 《嗜血法医》 |
[02:44] | has found its way to my night table. | 成为了我的夜读佳选 |
[02:46] | So for a wise person, a serial killer? | 你想选个连环杀手做你的智者吗 |
[02:49] | We may need to schedule more sessions. | 看样子得给你加几个疗程 |
[02:51] | Not him, his father, of sorts, Harry… | 我不是选他 我是选他的养父 哈里… |
[02:54] | he had all the answers. | 他拥有所有问题的答案 |
[02:56] | Okay. A father figure. Good. | 好 一位父亲般的人物 不错 |
[02:59] | And finally, uh, a safe space. | 最后 选一处安全空间 |
[03:02] | A place where you… | 一处你可以… |
[03:04] | Yale Law Library. | 耶鲁大学法律图书馆 |
[03:08] | Describe a recent moment where you felt betrayed. | 描述一下你最近感觉遭到背叛的时刻 |
[03:13] | Drop a plumb line down through your memory. | 在你的记忆中放下一条铅垂线 |
[03:15] | Where does it catch? | 你能想到些什么 |
[03:16] | What, uh, image or idea | 哪个画面或者想法会浮现 |
[03:19] | do you associate this betrayal with? | 这次背叛能与什么相关联 |
[03:22] | 911 9/11. | |
[03:23] | Traumatic day for sure. | 毫无疑问 这是悲伤的日子 |
[03:25] | Yes, but, uh, not the day, uh, the monument. | 对 但我指的不是日期而是纪念碑 |
[03:30] | He…Axelrod… was being arrested, | 他…阿克塞尔罗德…被逮捕时 |
[03:33] | and she was there. | 她正和他在那里相会 |
[03:35] | She… your wife? | 她…是指你的老婆吗 |
[03:38] | Wendy. Yes. | 对 温迪 |
[03:43] | I knew she would be there. | 我知道她会去那里 |
[03:45] | But, uh… | 但是… |
[03:49] | The way they clung to each other… | 他们互相依偎的样子… |
[03:53] | What’s the emotion associated with that image? | 你想到这幅画面时内心是什么感受 |
[03:56] | Rage. | 愤怒 |
[03:58] | And, uh… | 以及… |
[04:01] | sadness. | 悲伤 |
[04:06] | Jealousy. | 嫉妒 |
[04:08] | Where do you feel that… in your body? | 你身体哪些部位…会有感触 |
[04:12] | Everywhere. | 全身都有 |
[04:16] | What negative self-belief does that bring up? | 这又带来了怎样的消极念头呢 |
[04:21] | That Axe is a criminal. | 阿克塞就是个罪犯 |
[04:23] | And once again, that’s a negative belief | 我重申一遍 这个消极念头 |
[04:25] | about the man you call Axe, not you. | 是针对你口中那个阿克塞的 并非针对你自己 |
[04:27] | Well, once I vanquish him, uh, | 等我料理了他 |
[04:29] | then I’ll be able to focus on Rhoades. | 我就会把精力都集中在我身上了 |
[04:32] | If you do the ‘you’ part, you may find | 如果你能做好你自己 你或许就会发现 |
[04:33] | the ‘him’ part doesn’t matter so much. | 别人对你构不成太大影响 |
[04:39] | I know that should be right. | 我知道你说的是对的 |
[04:41] | But it just doesn’t feel right. | 但我就是转不过这个弯 |
[04:46] | Here, take the dampers. | 来 把调节器抓手上 |
[04:48] | Follow this light with your eyes. | 眼睛跟随灯光移动 |
[04:52] | When you experience traumatic feelings, | 当你经历痛苦的感觉时 |
[04:55] | focus on the resources in your safe space. | 努力把注意力集中在安全空间内的工具人身上 |
[04:59] | Conjure them. Trust them. | 召唤他们 信任他们 |
[05:00] | We practiced this all week. | 我们整周都会做这个练习 |
[05:02] | Follow the light with your eyes and be with them. | 眼睛追随灯光 注意力集中 |
[05:04] | Especially if you think about the monument site… | 尤其是每当你想起纪念碑这个地点的时候 |
[05:07] | or either of the people you saw there. | 或是想起你当场看到的人物时 |
[05:21] | There’s not a person who meets you, | 凡是见过你的人 |
[05:23] | doesn’t think you’re special. | 都会觉得你很特别 |
[05:24] | Even the bad guys. | 坏人也会这么想 |
[05:26] | Maybe especially the bad guys. | 甚至可以说坏人尤其爱这么想 |
[05:28] | You have that thing, gets people to come to you. | 你有一种特质 你会吸引别人向你靠近 |
[05:31] | To open up even if they know they shouldn’t. | 即便明知不可 也要向你敞开心扉 |
[05:33] | Now, your portfolio is impressive. | 你的履历已经非常完美了 |
[05:35] | But I think it could be more impressive. | 但我觉得还可以更完美一些 |
[05:38] | Extend far past the isle of Manhattan. | 不必再在曼哈顿岛安居一隅 |
[05:41] | I see that for you. | 我看出了你的潜力 |
[05:42] | I want to make it happen. | 我希望帮你实现 |
[05:45] | Plantains, boiled and mashed. | 这是被捣碎煮沸的大蕉 |
[05:51] | 芭蕉泥 多米尼加人的传统配菜 此处为音译 | |
[05:51] | They call it mangú. | 他们把这叫做”芒谷” |
[05:53] | Fills you up for a day in the fields. | 能让你一天都感觉充实饱满 |
[05:55] | I should feed it to my guys. | 我该给我的手下喂点这玩意 |
[05:57] | The story goes that American soldiers down in the DR | 据说 当时美军士兵身陷多米尼加共和国 |
[06:00] | were offered it and they refused it. | 有人献上此物 他们一度拒绝 |
[06:02] | Until one brave… and probably very hungry… | 直到一位勇敢…大概也是饿坏了的… |
[06:05] | infantryman went in. | 步兵率先尝试 |
[06:07] | And he liked it so damn much he said: | 结果他觉得很好吃 就说了句 |
[06:11] | “Man, that’s good.” | “妈呀 太好吃了 古德古德” |
[06:14] | Got shortened to mangú. | 最后缩成了”芒谷” |
[06:15] | Nifty story. | 趣闻轶事 |
[06:17] | Mm. Problem is, it’s bullshit. | 但问题是 这全是胡扯 |
[06:19] | Doesn’t hold up under scrutiny. | 完全经不起推敲 |
[06:21] | And neither does your offer. Why do I get more? | 你的提议也是如此 为什么我能获益 |
[06:24] | Because someone else gets less. | 因为有人会受损 |
[06:25] | Mm. That I believe. | 这话我信 |
[06:28] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[06:30] | Offer me nice things, I’ll take ’em… | 给我点好东西 我会收下的… |
[06:32] | because I like nice things. | 因为我喜欢好东西 |
[06:34] | But they buy you no latitude. | 但这不会给你换来什么特权 |
[06:36] | You step wrong and you’ll have me after you… | 只要你踏错一步 我就会追着你不放… |
[06:39] | and you’ll find I’m a lot harder to olé than the other guy, | 你会发现我比另一个人更难摆脱 |
[06:42] | because I care about the crime and not the criminal. | 因为我关心的是犯罪而非罪犯 |
[06:46] | Hey, good. | 嗨 这挺好 |
[06:48] | Keep your eye on the sparrow, ya know? | 留意关键人物 |
[06:59] | All right. I got my part done. | 好了 我这边搞定了 |
[07:01] | She’s gonna burrow up his ass like a toilet snake. | 她会把他揍得屁股开花 |
[07:04] | And I have our info. It’s confirmed: | 我有已经确认的线报 |
[07:05] | Simon Shenk is leaving Errix Biotech | 西蒙·申克要离开艾利克斯生物科技 |
[07:07] | for the FDA. | 去食品药物管理局 |
[07:08] | And he’s set for the conference. | 而且他已做好开会宣布的准备 |
[07:10] | So is Jules Hakli, Ameri-Hospitals. | 朱尔斯· 哈克里和阿米里医院也准备好了 |
[07:12] | The whole pharma team. Good. | 整个制药团队 很好 |
[07:14] | Mike Prince may think he’s got home field advantage. | 迈克·普林斯兴许认为他有主场优势 |
[07:17] | But these road dogs are gonna play spoiler. | 不过这些客场杀手要扮演搅局者了 |
[07:19] | Got your flannels? | 法兰绒衣服带了吗 |
[07:20] | In the car. | 在车里了 |
[07:47] | Uh, hey, it’s me. | 嗨 是我 |
[07:49] | File the order… | 提交限令吧… |
[07:52] | Yes. I know it’s a warring gesture. | 对 我知道这是一种敌对姿态 |
[07:54] | I’m a man at war. File it. | 我要开战了 申请吧 |
[08:02] | These windows, no shades. | 这些窗子 全都没有百叶窗 |
[08:04] | Let the whole city watch you do your wild thing. | 整个城市的人都能见证你的疯狂表演 |
[08:07] | Remind me not to have you and Bill over after I move in. | 记得提醒我搬进来后 不要请你和比尔过来玩 |
[08:10] | Oh, that would be safe these days… | 这几天不会啦… |
[08:12] | His book’s flatlined. So… | 他现在没啥进账 所以… |
[08:15] | He can’t… | 他… |
[08:16] | perform unless his portfolio does? | 业务不行就没法提枪上阵 |
[08:18] | No. I can’t get it up to fuck a non-earner. | 是啊 赚不了钱 他就完全提不起干劲 |
[08:25] | – Go deeper. – That’s what I said. | – 再努力一把 – 我就是这么说的 |
[08:28] | Bill’s been swinging from “Fuck it, I’ll do it live” | 比尔已经从”管他呢 我要现场直播” |
[08:30] | to choking back tears like he’s listening to “Goodnight Saigon.” | 变成听《晚安西贡》的萎靡男了 |
[08:33] | I’m worried about him. | 我有些担心他 |
[08:34] | And I don’t even like to think about anybody but myself. | 我可是从不喜欢考虑别人的 |
[08:37] | It might help if you let him know his entire worth | 你要让他知道 他的价值并不只跟损益表表现挂钩 |
[08:39] | isn’t wrapped up in his P&L’s performance. | 这样或许会对他有所帮助 |
[08:41] | So…lie to him? | 也就是…骗骗他 |
[08:43] | You want me to lie to him? | 你想让我骗他吗 |
[08:45] | I can do that. | 这我能办到 |
[08:46] | I’m sorry we’ve hit a snag. | 抱歉 我们遇到了麻烦 |
[08:48] | Your bank just withdrew your pre-approval. | 您的银行刚刚撤销了您的预先核准房贷证明 |
[08:50] | It seems your husband got an automatic | 貌似是您丈夫对你的财产 |
[08:51] | temporary restraining order on your assets. | 申请了自主限制令 |
[08:54] | He froze your fucking loot? | 他敢冻结你的资产 |
[08:59] | I guess it’s war. | 那就是宣战了 |
[09:02] | I’m sorry. I’ll, uh, get right into it. | 抱歉 我马上着手处理 |
[09:12] | You know the shot? | 你知道是怎么回事吗 |
[09:13] | No. Just told to be here. | 不知道 只是被告知要过来 |
[09:16] | That’s usually not a very good sign. | 这通常不是什么积极的信号 |
[09:20] | Ah, Chuck. | 查克 |
[09:22] | The Manhattan D. A. | 曼哈顿地方检察官 |
[09:25] | I always forget, are you Law or Order? | 我总是搞不清 你到底是控方还是检方 |
[09:29] | You also have some cases to brief the governor on? | 你也有案子要向州长汇报吗 |
[09:32] | No. | 没有 |
[09:34] | Those crypto-miners damn near decimated that town. | 这几个比特币矿工差点毁了那个城镇 |
[09:37] | City council had to go to the market | 市议会不得不去公开市场上 |
[09:38] | and buy electricity ten times the normal rates. | 花费通常电价十倍的价格购买电力 |
[09:41] | Fucking libraries are closed because of it. | 图书馆都因此关门歇业了 |
[09:43] | We should be having mug shots, perp walks, prison sentences. | 我们应该抓住他们 游街示众 最后判处监禁 |
[09:45] | And instead, you handed out a speeding ticket. | 但结果呢 你只是开了几张罚单 |
[09:48] | We did the best we could. | 我们已经尽力而为了 |
[09:49] | You know what? I believe that. | 你猜怎么着 我信你 |
[09:53] | Which is why Gramm gets it from here on out. | 因此现在此事由格拉姆接手 |
[09:55] | You think you’re yanking crypto from my purview? | 你想把比特币案子从我手上夺走吗 |
[09:57] | Was I being obtuse? | 你当我傻吗 |
[09:59] | Where does a man measure from? | 估量一个人该从哪里开始 |
[10:01] | The base. | 据点 |
[10:02] | That’s where we’re yanking from. | 那里才是我们下手的地方 |
[10:04] | All criminal referrals from this office | 从现在起 该办事处的所有刑事案件 |
[10:06] | will now flow to her. | 都转给她处理 |
[10:07] | Lock, stock, kit, and caboodle. | 事无巨细 全部都给她 |
[10:09] | You see, because, unlike you, Chuck, | 知道吗查克 因为她不像你 |
[10:11] | she is not terrycloth soft on big business. | 不会对大机构手软 |
[10:13] | The people of New York State elected me | 纽约州的人民选我 |
[10:16] | because they believed in my judgment… | 因为他们相信我的判断力… |
[10:18] | They elected you so they could feel good about their sex lives | 他们选你 是为了对他们的性生活感觉良好 |
[10:21] | and think of themselves as liberal and fair. | 同时觉得自己很开明 很公正 |
[10:24] | The people of Manhattan, however, | 而曼哈顿的人民选我 |
[10:26] | elected me to punish predators. | 就是让我来惩治掠夺者 |
[10:28] | 杜本内 法国的名品酒 是法国的开胃酒之王 | |
[10:28] | Not slug shots of Dubonnet with them. | 而不是和他们痛饮杜本内 |
[10:31] | You sip Dubonnet… | 杜本内只能小口喝… |
[10:33] | I have no fucking idea. | 我他妈不懂这个 |
[10:35] | That you do is the nub of the problem. | 可你懂 这就是问题的关键 |
[10:37] | Interface with her office, | 去找她交接一下 |
[10:39] | see if there’s any other cases she wants. | 看看她需不需要掌握其他案子 |
[10:46] | Axelrod’s behind this move. | 是阿克塞尔罗德在搞鬼 |
[10:49] | Know how I know? | 知道我为什么知道吗 |
[10:50] | Tattaglia’s a pimp? Could never orchestrate | 拉皮条的货色绝不可能 |
[10:51] | – something like this? – Exactly. | – 策划出这种事 – 说得对 |
[10:53] | And a move like this really awakens my Dark Passenger… | 动这样的手脚 把我的邪恶面激发出来了 |
[10:56] | You’ve been reading Dexter again. | 又开始看《嗜血法医》了 |
[10:57] | Indeed I have. | 没错 |
[10:59] | Thinking about dismemberment instead of prosecution? | 你想直接肢解对手 不走检控的路了 |
[11:01] | Well, in a way. | 也算是吧 |
[11:04] | Dexter Morgan’s Dark Passenger could only | 德克斯特·摩根的邪恶面 |
[11:06] | be sated by the brutal act of taking life. | 只能靠杀人害命才能得到满足 |
[11:09] | But, in order to make something decent of this innate drive, | 但是为了让这种先天嗜好雅观一点 |
[11:12] | he developed a code. | 他发明了一种道德准则 |
[11:13] | A way that he could kill, but for the ‘right’ reasons. | 让他即能杀戮 还能打着正义的旗号 |
[11:16] | I will do the same. | 我也要这样做 |
[11:18] | I will loose my urges for dominion and victory | 我要在司法正义的旗帜下 用司法手段 |
[11:21] | only in the name of justice and in accordance with it. | 释放我对权力和胜利的渴望 |
[11:25] | You really are serious about making a change. | 你真打算有所变化 |
[11:29] | That raises the degree of difficulty. | 这样难度会提高很多倍 |
[11:30] | May-haps. But I am committed to this course. | 有可能 但是我心意已决 |
[11:33] | To purge the world of villainy. | 我要洗刷这个邪恶的世界 |
[11:36] | And myself of… | 还有我自己的… |
[11:39] | I guess villainy, too. | 也是邪恶吧 |
[11:41] | So if you want to help yourself and help this office, | 如果你想让自己出头 想帮这个办事处 |
[11:44] | you will find a way to get on board with this code. | 你就必须跟我一起实践这套道德准则 |
[11:47] | And to keep me held to it, | 同时让我坚守不辍 |
[11:50] | as Dexter’s father did him. | 就像德克斯特养父那样约束我 |
[11:59] | I haven’t been having much fun lately, you know? | 最近一直没什么乐子 |
[12:02] | But I will enjoy using this guy to get what I want, | 但我很乐意利用这家伙 得到我想要的东西 |
[12:04] | and at his own fucking party. | 而且场地还是他自己办的聚会 |
[12:06] | Because he can fly? | 就因为他会开飞机 |
[12:07] | Because he thinks he can fly above me. | 是因为他以为能比我飞得更高 |
[12:14] | He’ll learn it’s best | 他会学到一件事 |
[12:15] | to keep his feet on the ground while trying to trade body blows | 当他试着和华尔街的实权大佬过招的时候 |
[12:17] | with the Theogenes of Wall Street. | 最好脚踏实地 |
[12:19] | – Whoa. Easy, Wags. – Sorry. | – 放轻松 瓦格斯 – 抱歉 |
[12:21] | Must be all the high-mindedness in this mountain air. | 都怪这让人心怀高远的山里空气 |
[12:24] | The battle you’re talking about | 你们说的争斗 |
[12:25] | is you and Prince at the Fireside Chat? | 是你和普林斯的炉边谈话 |
[12:27] | Yes. But that’ll be one for the crowd. | 是的 不过只是其中之一 |
[12:30] | Prince has gone deep on psycho-ceuticals. | 在精神药物上普林斯玩得够深 |
[12:32] | And we’re about to go deeper. | 我们打算玩得更大 |
[12:34] | Your trip up north. | 你北上转了一圈 |
[12:35] | Mm, yeah. Wasn’t just for kicks. | 没错 不光是为了玩 |
[12:38] | We got a shaman who opened us up to the power of ayahuasca | 我们找到个萨满 他用死藤水给我们开了眼 |
[12:40] | at just the right moment. | 时机刚刚好 |
[12:42] | Along with universal truths, we saw a market. | 除了宇宙的真谛 我们还看到了市场机会 |
[12:46] | We were late to psilocybin. | 我们没赶上裸头草碱 |
[12:47] | Won’t happen with pharma-huasca. | 不能再放过死藤水药物 |
[12:49] | And there’s the man that can secure it. | 有个人能确保不出问题 |
[12:51] | Simon Shenk from Errix. | 艾利克斯生物科技的西蒙·申克 |
[12:53] | Soon to be of the FDA. | 很快就要进食品药品管理局了 |
[12:57] | He’ll need to divest. | 到时他必须出让股份 |
[12:58] | And you’ll be there to assume his shares. | 你正好吃下 |
[13:00] | 艾德·肯培 高智商连环杀人犯 1964年入狱 | |
[13:00] | Like Ed Kemper inhabited his victims’ souls. | 就像盘踞在受害者灵魂里的艾德·肯培 |
[13:03] | Gruesome. | 恐怖 |
[13:04] | For a drug like medical ayahuasca | 要将死藤水作为药物进行开发 |
[13:06] | you’ll need to establish hospital-based trials, | 你必须依托医院 构建一系列实验 |
[13:08] | to help mainstream it. | 才能让大众接受 |
[13:15] | Come on! | 快 |
[13:16] | So, we all have our missions. | 好了 我们各自都有任务 |
[13:20] | Sure you can handle the emotional component of yours? | 你确定能控制好自己的情绪吧 |
[13:23] | I am the one of us who can handle emotions, yes. | 当然 咱们都是有能力控制情绪的人 |
[13:27] | There he is. | 来了 |
[13:31] | Welcome to ‘The Mike.’ | 欢迎来到”伟人”之家 |
[13:33] | How lucky are we, to be here, to do this, together? | 我们能来到这里 共襄盛举 实属万幸 |
[13:36] | I love knowing that in 24 hours, | 我知道二十四小时之后 |
[13:39] | I’m gonna be smarter and better than I am right now. | 我将因为你们而变得更聪慧 更出色 |
[13:42] | Because of you all. | 为此我非常高兴 |
[13:44] | Welcome, Axe. Thanks for being here. | 欢迎 阿克塞 感谢光临 |
[13:47] | Hey, thanks for finally having me. | 你好 感谢你终于接受我了 |
[13:49] | You don’t need to make me look good. | 不必太恭维我 |
[13:50] | This is the first time you accepted. | 这是你头一次接受邀请 |
[13:53] | Let’s kick some butt together. | 让我们一起努力 |
[13:54] | Yeah! | 是啊 |
[13:55] | All right. | 好呀 |
[14:05] | You got yourself a secret golden tunnel. | 你在搞私下交易 |
[14:09] | I want on the trip. | 我要参与进来 |
[14:10] | Who are you again? | 你说你是谁来着 |
[14:11] | You’re running your own money. | 你在炒你自己的资金 |
[14:14] | As hedge fund violations go, | 按照对冲基金的违规程度来说 |
[14:15] | that’s like shouting the N word… | 这就像骂脏话… |
[14:17] | not illegal, but enough to get you fired. | 不能说违法 但能让你丢了饭碗 |
[14:19] | I would never do that. And I am not running my own… | 我不会这么干 也没炒我自己的… |
[14:21] | You left the separate account up on your screen | 你去厕所打手枪的时候 |
[14:22] | when you went to the bathroom to jerk off. | 电脑上还开着个独立户头呢 |
[14:25] | I go to the bathroom to go to the bathroom. | 我是去上厕所 |
[14:28] | Mm. Bottle of Jergens | 你兜里还插着 |
[14:29] | peeking out of your pocket says different. | 一瓶润肤剂呢 |
[14:32] | But, hey, that’s your business. | 无所谓 那是你的事 |
[14:34] | My business is getting in on your extracurricular. | 我关心的是掺和你的兼职业务 |
[14:38] | 夏普指数 反映了单位风险基金净值 增长率超过无风险收益率的程度 | |
[14:38] | I know you’ve got a 3 Sharpe ratio strategy. | 我知道你有个夏普指数为3的方案 |
[14:41] | It’s 3.64 actually, | 实际上是3.64 |
[14:44] | but only to six figures. | 但额度限于六位数 |
[14:46] | Any bigger than that and it won’t work… | 资金更多就不管用了… |
[14:47] | we get stuck in the tube like Augustus Gloop. | 我们卡在这个不上不下的位置上了 |
[14:50] | What the fuck? | 扯什么淡 |
[14:53] | Figure out how to get it big enough to cut me in, | 想办法做大 让我也分一口 |
[14:55] | or I’ll cut you. | 不然我分了你 |
[14:57] | Like with a knife? | 你要动刀吗 |
[14:59] | Are you threatening to… | 你威胁我要… |
[15:00] | No. | 我不会 |
[15:02] | But I’ll flip ya. | 但我会给你找麻烦 |
[15:07] | I’ll flip ya for real. | 找真的麻烦 |
[15:13] | Chuck can’t actually have veto power over what I buy. | 查克实际上无权禁止我的购置行为 |
[15:18] | If a judge were going by the book, | 如果法官照章办事 |
[15:20] | you’d be allowed to buy ten apartments. | 你十套公寓也能买 |
[15:22] | You can easily afford that | 你可以用你的婚内财产 |
[15:23] | out of your share of the marital assets. | 轻松支付购置成本 |
[15:26] | But the thing is… | 问题是… |
[15:28] | Chuck knows a lot of judges. | 查克认识很多法官 |
[15:30] | Outcome is unpredictable. | 结果无法预计 |
[15:31] | So I could lose the apartment? | 就是说我可能失去那套公寓 |
[15:32] | Given the timeline to get to court… | 按出庭日期看… |
[15:34] | you’ve already lost the apartment. | 你已经失去那套公寓了 |
[15:36] | He did this because I put out that statement… | 他这么干 就是因为我发布了那道声明… |
[15:38] | which I did because he was too busy | 我之所以那样做 还不是因为他忙着 |
[15:40] | hanging from the ceiling to do it himself. | 自己虐得爽 顾不上 |
[15:42] | And he did because you did because his parents | 他这么做是因为你 你是因为他父母 |
[15:44] | and your parents because America because England | 以及你的父母 又因为美国 因为英格兰 |
[15:47] | because ancient Rome because primordial ooze. | 古罗马 原始生命 |
[15:51] | I appreciate your bedside, Orrin. | 谢谢你陪我 奥林 |
[15:53] | Yes, Chuck would behave better if he felt better. | 是啊 如果查克心里感觉好点 也不会这么绝 |
[15:55] | But that’s not my responsibility anymore. | 但这再也不该我来操心了 |
[15:57] | Probably never was. | 也许从来就不该我操心 |
[16:00] | I need to make myself feel better. | 我需要让自己感觉好一点 |
[16:02] | So, we go to court. | 那咱们出庭去 |
[16:07] | We have a situation… | 出了点情况… |
[16:14] | Ali Kashkhokh. | 我是阿里·卡什霍克 |
[16:16] | Allocator for Ontario Educators. | 安大略省教育工作者协会的调度员 |
[16:18] | I wish we’d known you were coming. | 早些知道你要来就好了 |
[16:20] | Bobby isn’t here right now. | 博比不在公司 |
[16:21] | And neither are Wagner or Taylor Mason, right? | 瓦格纳和泰勒·梅森也都不在对吧 |
[16:23] | Ah, you knew that. | 看来你知道 |
[16:27] | Peach, make her comfortable. | 皮琦 安排她先休息一下 |
[16:29] | Yeah, good luck with that. | 嗯 那可就难了 |
[16:34] | Ali Kashkhokh is hardcore… | 阿里·卡什霍克很难搞… |
[16:36] | What she is is a total fuckin… | 她这个人是个彻头彻尾的他妈… |
[16:37] | Wags. | 瓦格斯 |
[16:39] | We have a billion plus of her union’s dollars. | 她所在的工会在咱们这里投了十几亿 |
[16:41] | And she’s a bellwether for the industry. | 她还能带动业内风向 |
[16:42] | If she approves or disapproves, people listen. | 她说行就行 不行就不行 到处有人跟风 |
[16:44] | What I was gonna say. We can be back in an hour. | 你以为我要说什么 我们一小时后就能到 |
[16:46] | Nah, it’s just a spot-check. | 没必要 这就是次临检 |
[16:48] | She’s hoping to avoid us, so she can poke around | 她就是希望避开咱们 自己四处溜达 |
[16:50] | for the second set of Untouchables books. | 看看有没有私账 |
[16:52] | And you rushing back will make you look like Al Capone. | 如果你们急吼吼地赶回来 倒显得心虚 |
[16:54] | But we don’t actually have anything to hide, right? | 不过咱们确实没有什么不可告人的事吧 |
[16:56] | – Of course not. – Don’t be ridiculous. | – 当然没有 – 别逗了 |
[16:57] | Thought not. | 我猜也没有 |
[16:58] | Losing Ontario Educators would be bad though… | 丢掉安大略省教育工作者协会可就糟了… |
[17:01] | – Pants-shit bad. – I get it. Lemme go. | – 超大灾难 – 懂了 我这就过去 |
[17:02] | She’s already hammering away at the weak spots… | 她已经在孜孜不倦地找麻烦了… |
[17:05] | The market’s like a fragile bridge. | 市场就像一座脆弱的大桥 |
[17:07] | We don’t know exactly when, but eventually it will collapse… | 我们不知道准确的时间 但注定会塌… |
[17:10] | And all the cars on it will tumble into the ocean. | 桥上的车都要掉进海里 |
[17:13] | Many drivers will drown. | 淹死一大批开车的 |
[17:15] | The cars in this metaphor are the investments, | 这个故事里的车就相当于投资资本 |
[17:17] | the drivers are the investors, like you, and… | 开车的都是投资方 比如你 还有… |
[17:19] | Sorry. | 打断一下 |
[17:20] | I can’t have you pulling people off their desks | 正是交易时间 不方便让员工停下工作 |
[17:23] | during trading hours. | 与你交流 |
[17:24] | It’s not good for the fine educators of Ontario… | 这对安大略省卓越的教育工作者没好处… |
[17:26] | or any of our other investors. | 对其他投资人也不好 |
[17:28] | Yeah, sure. But me hearing their answers is. | 你说的对 不过听取他们的应答符合我们的利益 |
[17:30] | Why don’t I get you to IR, | 我们可以去投资者管理部门 |
[17:32] | have them curate a tour, answer any further questions. | 让他们安排参观事宜 回答其他问题 |
[17:41] | Well, I was nominated for their Second Circuit. | 我被提名参与他们的第二巡回法庭 |
[17:45] | That’s why I sent you that box of embargoed smokes. | 我给你那盒古巴烟草就是庆祝用的 |
[17:47] | May be premature. | 有点为时过早 |
[17:49] | There’s a certain senator in possession of information | 有这么一个参议员 掌握了点情况 |
[17:51] | that could sink my battleship. | 足够让我万劫不复 |
[17:53] | What information? | 什么情况 |
[17:55] | Which senator? | 哪个参议员 |
[17:56] | Well, you know her well. | 是个女的 你还很熟 |
[17:57] | She put your name forward for the U. S. Attorney’s job. | 是她推荐你出任检察官 |
[17:59] | Marcia Vandeveer. Sure. | 玛西亚·范迪维尔 是她呀 |
[18:01] | Old pal of my father’s. | 我爸的老相识 |
[18:02] | A fact which suggests we may be able to just | 这么一说的话 也许咱们可以运作一下 |
[18:05] | roll her away like a stone from your tomb. | 别让她把你做死 |
[18:08] | You didn’t answer the other part. | 你还没回答完呢 |
[18:11] | The senator has become aware that when I was at DOJ | 这个参议员知道我在司法部的时候 |
[18:14] | I co-authored a memorandum endorsing a then-novel reading | 参与编写了一份备忘录 赞同当时对《日内瓦公约》 |
[18:18] | of a subclause of the Geneva Convention. | 一项分条款的新颖解读 |
[18:20] | The torture memo? | 酷刑备忘录 |
[18:23] | You wrote the fucking torture memo? | 那个天杀的酷刑备忘录是你写的 |
[18:25] | I wrote a memo. | 我写了一个备忘录 |
[18:26] | On a fine point of legal… it wasn’t the “T” Word. | 是从法律角度写的 与酷刑无关 |
[18:29] | It was “Enhanced interrogation.” | 是”强化审讯” |
[18:30] | A vital tool in intelligence gathering. | 情报工作中非常重要的工具 |
[18:33] | You’re welcome by the way for the very blanket of freedom… | 不用谢我 为你负重前行 |
[18:35] | Thank you. And how the hell | 谢谢 但我该怎么 |
[18:37] | am I supposed to explain that to the senator? | 向参议员解释呢 |
[18:38] | I would simply like to defend myself publicly. | 我想公开地为自己辩护 |
[18:41] | Face the shame head on. | 正视黑历史 |
[18:43] | Turn it into pride. | 将之转变成骄傲 |
[18:45] | As I did. | 像我一样 |
[18:46] | Well, I was hoping with your help | 我希望 在你的帮助下 |
[18:48] | 奥弗顿之窗 一个政策中社会公众可接受的想法部分 | |
[18:48] | we might shift the Overton Window once more. | 我们能再一次改变奥弗顿之窗 |
[18:50] | Okay. But my thing was a harmless… | 好吧 但我的事情是无害的 |
[18:52] | The waterboarding wasn’t really as bad as the media made it out. | 水刑并没有媒体描述的那么可怕 |
[19:01] | It’s torture! | 这是酷刑 |
[19:06] | I may have been wrong on this one… | 在这点上我可能错了 |
[19:07] | You’re damn fucking right… it’s torture! | 你还真他妈说对了 这是酷刑 |
[19:11] | And if even I don’t like it… | 如果连我都不喜欢… |
[19:13] | Believe me, that was the sport version. | 相信我 这还只是玩玩而已 |
[19:15] | You should see how I roll on covert hostile actors… | 你该看看我是怎么对待隐蔽的敌对势力的 |
[19:19] | Rolled. Not anymore. | 是曾经哈 再没有过了 |
[19:21] | In fact. Not ever. | 事实上 从没有过 |
[19:22] | Don’t even know why I said that. | 我都不知道我为什么要说这些 |
[19:24] | You’re not a military man. That’s the way we go. | 你不是军人 我们要这么说 |
[19:27] | Uh, you trusted the generals. Who would have done otherwise? | 你相信将军们 谁会不这么做呢 |
[19:30] | Me. No, I would not have endorsed that shit. | 我 我才不会赞同这种破事 |
[19:33] | No doubt. But I’m building my case for Senator Vandeveer. | 当然了 但我这是为了说服范迪维尔参议员 |
[19:36] | To get her to forget his scribblings | 让她忘记他乱写的备忘录 |
[19:37] | and see him for the man he is. | 让她看到真实的他 |
[19:39] | Chuck, you want to think the best of me. | 查克 你总是想着我最好的一面 |
[19:42] | Well, everyone does. | 所有人都是 |
[19:45] | I’ll get rid of this. | 我去把这个扔了 |
[19:46] | Don’t know where I dug it up in the first place. | 都不知道我从哪把它找出来的 |
[19:49] | – No, double no, fuck no… – It’s your job. | – 不 双倍不 绝对不行 – 这是你的工作 |
[19:53] | We sent you on the road to learn investor relations. | 我们送你去学了投资者关系 |
[19:55] | Only to find I sucked at it. | 但我学的很糟糕 |
[19:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:58] | Too fucking abrasive. | 太多摩擦了 |
[20:00] | While Bonnie may have proven herself | 邦妮或许证明了她自己 |
[20:02] | something of a hothouse flower, | 是温室的花朵 |
[20:04] | I have the rugged areole of a desert succulent. | 而我则有着沙漠多肉上粗糙的刺座 |
[20:09] | And an almost pornographic knowledge | 以及阿克塞资本里 |
[20:11] | of all things Axe Capitale. | 几乎所有的色情知识 |
[20:26] | I need you to gentle down an investor. | 我需要你来安抚一位投资人 |
[20:29] | She’s a beast. You are the best choice for the job. | 她是野兽 而你是最好的人选 |
[20:31] | It’s what you do. | 你就是干这个的 |
[20:32] | Well, it’s what she does for Mase Cap, not Axe Cap. | 这是她在梅森资本的工作 不是阿克塞资本 |
[20:34] | Last I checked, this all falls under Axe Cap. | 据我所知 我们都合并为阿克塞资本了 |
[20:37] | Last I checked, we still had some sovereignty. | 据我所知 我们还是有点主权的 |
[20:40] | You can’t just conscript our officers. | 你不能就这样征召我们的员工 |
[20:42] | If you want to borrow Lauren, | 如果你想借用劳伦 |
[20:44] | you should talk to Taylor first. | 你应该先和泰勒商量 |
[20:46] | – Have you? – Didn’t have time. | – 你商量了吗 – 没有时间 |
[20:48] | Did you have time to talk to Axe? | 你有时间找阿克塞吗 |
[20:51] | There is a chain of command. | 命令是逐级下达的 |
[20:54] | You’re in violation. | 你违反规定了 |
[20:55] | This is where you want to make a stand? | 你想就此摆明立场吗 |
[20:57] | Here, now, over this? | 此时此刻 揪着这件事 |
[20:59] | Every encroachment needs to be called out and dealt with. | 所有入侵都要被揭露 然后解决 |
[21:04] | Look, I am willing to meet with this allocator | 我愿意和这位投资人见面 |
[21:09] | if that’s going to be helpful… | 如果这样能帮上忙的话… |
[21:10] | Where should I tell her you’re taking her tonight? | 我该告诉她你们今晚去哪 |
[21:12] | Given the moves she’s already pulled, | 根据她已有的表现 |
[21:14] | she doesn’t want the wine and dine | 她不想要美酒美食 |
[21:15] | or the shot and grind. | 或者烈饮咖啡 |
[21:18] | Tomorrow, first thing in the office. | 明天一早 就在办公室 |
[21:20] | After I have Union Square Cafe ferry over | 我会先让联合广场咖啡馆 |
[21:23] | some very special room service to her hotel. | 渡一些特殊的客房服务到她酒店 |
[21:40] | Each year’s Mike finds us here in front of the fire, | 每一年的”伟人”都会与我们相聚在壁炉前 |
[21:43] | tackling a big topic. | 解决一个大问题 |
[21:45] | This year’s: Is it time for a new capitalism? | 今年的问题是 新资本主义的时代到了吗 |
[21:49] | We can keep it short: No! | 我们可以长话短说 没到呢 |
[21:52] | And who better to chop it up with than Bobby Axelrod? | 谁能比博比·阿克塞尔罗德更适合解析这个问题呢 |
[21:59] | Seriously, Bobby, isn’t it incumbent upon us, | 说真的 博比 我们这些以任何标准衡量 |
[22:02] | those who’ve ‘won’ by any metric | 都是”赢家”的人 |
[22:04] | to acknowledge that we didn’t do it alone, and to… | 难道没有义务承认我们并非单打独斗获得成功 而且… |
[22:07] | Yeah, no, I… I… I know what you say about | 嗯 我 我 我知道你在说什么 |
[22:09] | learning and giving back and all the rest. | 学习啊 回馈社会啊 如此之类的 |
[22:12] | And I believe it’s what you tell yourself. | 我认为这是你说服自己的话 |
[22:14] | But if we look at it, | 但如果我们仔细看 |
[22:16] | we see that it’s not the whole truth. Is it? | 我们并没有看到全部的真相 对吗 |
[22:19] | I guess not, Axe. Tell us what is. | 我猜不是 阿克塞 告诉我们是什么 |
[22:21] | You want me to reduce it to one thing? | 你想让我简化成一件事 |
[22:23] | I can. | 我可以 |
[22:24] | It’s about being picked. | 这是关于被选择 |
[22:27] | Being singled out. | 被选中 |
[22:29] | Every one of us has already been singled out. | 我们每个人都已经被选中了 |
[22:30] | And this confers it, officially. | 而这是正式授予 |
[22:33] | Like Davos. Or the Allen conference. | 就像达沃斯论坛 或者艾伦峰会 |
[22:35] | You’re either in Sun Valley or you don’t exist. | 你要么在太阳谷 要么就不存在 |
[22:38] | But what goes on there, or here, | 除此之外 发生在哪里或这里的事情 |
[22:40] | doesn’t matter beyond that, at all. | 根本就不重要 |
[22:42] | It’s not about the conversation. | 重要的不是对话 |
[22:44] | It’s about the invitation. | 而是请柬 |
[22:45] | This gives me remarkable insight into how you think about trades. | 这让我对你如何看待股市交易有了深入的了解 |
[22:48] | It’s all bottom line. | 全在盈亏底线 |
[22:50] | But what if some of us aren’t like that? | 如果我们有人不是这样的呢 |
[22:53] | Been known to throw an elbow or two when you need to, Mike. | 大家都知道 必要的时候你是很有攻击性的 迈克 |
[22:55] | Sure. When I compete I’m there to win. | 当然 我竞争就是为了赢 |
[22:57] | But I choose my playing field carefully now. | 但我现在选择投资领域更慎重了 |
[23:01] | And always against opponents the same size as me. | 永远只跟和我能力一样的人交手 |
[23:05] | And no one’s making money while they’re here. | 在座的各位现在并没有在赚钱 |
[23:06] | See, that’s another canard. | 看 又一个谣言 |
[23:08] | Every single person in this room earns money while they sleep. | 这个房间里的每一个人 在睡觉时都在挣钱 |
[23:11] | While they dream. While they fuck. | 在梦里 在做爱的时候都在赚 |
[23:15] | I can honestly say I haven’t accepted payment | 我可以诚实地说 我已有很多年 |
[23:17] | for that particular act in years. | 没靠这种特别行为赚过钱了 |
[23:21] | Look, you want to leave here feeling better about yourself | 你只是想在离开时 比来这里时 |
[23:24] | than when you came. That’s it. | 感觉更好一点 就是这样 |
[23:25] | Isn’t that the benefit of helping others, | 这难道不是帮助他人的好处吗 |
[23:28] | the selfish part of giving back? | 回馈社会的自私一面 |
[23:32] | Why is that something to be ashamed of? | 为什么要为此感到羞愧呢 |
[23:33] | It’s not. But still: not the whole thing. | 并没有 但同样 不全如此 |
[23:36] | Your man’s getting boxed in. | 你老大处境不佳啊 |
[23:38] | No such box. Just you watch, Scoot. | 没有的事 你看好了 斯科特 |
[23:41] | What do you think I get out of this? | 你觉得我从中能获得什么 |
[23:42] | It can’t be status conferred, since I do the inviting. | 我是发请柬的 所以授予不了我任何东西 |
[23:46] | For you? | 对你吗 |
[23:48] | Respite from guilt. | 缓解内疚 |
[23:50] | That’s your whole platform, isn’t it? | 这完全是你的舞台 不是吗 |
[23:52] | From he who has too much to she who has too little. | 从拥有太多的他 给拥有太少的她 |
[23:55] | It’s your basketball story, your history. | 是你的篮球故事 你的历史 |
[23:58] | You talk about how it wasn’t your own achievement. | 你总是说起 那不是你一个人的功劳 |
[24:00] | Not only my own. | 不止我一个人 |
[24:02] | My town, in Indiana, | 我家小镇在印第安纳州 |
[24:04] | had the third largest high school arena… | 那里有第三大高中体育场 |
[24:06] | yes, arena… in the country. | 是的 体育场… 那可是在全国范围内 |
[24:08] | I was fortunate to be a standout…a star. | 我很幸运成为了一个杰出人物 一个明星 |
[24:12] | When we had a big game coming up, | 我们有大型赛事的时候 |
[24:14] | families would paint their picket fences green and white, | 各家各户会把他们的篱笆漆成绿白相间 |
[24:17] | my school colors. | 也就是我学校的颜色 |
[24:18] | And if I’d jog past, | 如果我慢跑经过 |
[24:20] | everyone would come out of their houses and cheer for me. | 每个人都会从房子里出来 为我加油 |
[24:24] | I can still hear the roar of it in my head. | 我现在依然能听到那些喧嚣声 |
[24:28] | And what you take from that | 而你从中获得了 |
[24:29] | is that you stood on their shoulders. | 站在他们肩膀上的机会 |
[24:31] | That they lifted you up to your success. | 是他们铸就了你的成功 |
[24:34] | You were nothing special. | 你没什么特别的 |
[24:35] | That’s right. I was supported. | 没错 我得到了支持 |
[24:38] | It’s important for all of us to remember that. | 我们每个人都应该记住这点 这很重要 |
[24:40] | It’s what separates us from demagogues and other monsters. | 我们与煽动家以及其他野兽的区别就在于此 |
[24:43] | Ah. No sale. | 我不赞成 |
[24:44] | I don’t like everyone in this room. | 在座的各位 我不是每个都喜欢 |
[24:46] | But I do respect everyone in this room. | 但我尊重这屋子里的每一个人 |
[24:48] | Because I know each and every one of you has | 因为我知道你们每一个人 |
[24:50] | a portfolio of accomplishments that sets you apart, | 都有着一系列的成就 让你们与众不同 |
[24:53] | proves your exceptional qualities. | 证明了你们的杰出优越 |
[24:55] | And I assume that goes for you, too. | 我假定这也适用于你 |
[24:56] | Well, unlike you, I’m not embarrassed to say it. | 不像你 说出来我也不觉得尴尬 |
[24:58] | As I’d expect. Because I know your story | 如我所料 因为我了解你 |
[25:00] | as much as you know mine. How you came from nothing. | 就像你了解我一样 我知道你是如何白手起家的 |
[25:03] | Yeah, it’s true. | 没错 |
[25:04] | Your dad was an insurance salesman. | 你爸是个保险推销员 |
[25:06] | You ate dinner with him every night. | 你每天和他一起吃晚饭 |
[25:08] | My dad was gonzo. | 我爸是个疯子 |
[25:09] | I ate dinner wherever I could. | 我能在哪里吃晚饭 就在哪吃 |
[25:10] | And yet you were still in the wealthiest state | 但你还是在世界上 |
[25:13] | in the wealthiest country in the world. | 最富裕的国家最富裕的州 |
[25:15] | With access to the best healthcare, | 有最好的医疗卫生体系 |
[25:17] | schools, infrastructure. | 学校 基建 |
[25:19] | And you were born white and male | 你是个白人男性 |
[25:22] | at a time that was a huge advantage | 彼时 在人类史上 |
[25:24] | in the greatest capital market in the history of mankind. | 最伟大的资本市场有着巨大的优势 |
[25:29] | The roads were paved for you, Bobby. | 路已经给你铺好了 博比 |
[25:31] | Which is why you were able to move so quickly across them. | 这是你能在其中快速穿梭的原因 |
[25:36] | I knew you were wracked with guilt, | 我知道你饱受内疚折磨 |
[25:38] | but this takes it to a whole different level. | 但这完全提升到了另一个等级 |
[25:41] | Sure. The roads were paved. | 当然 路已经铺好了 |
[25:43] | But I didn’t even have a goddamned car. | 但我连一辆该死的车都没有 |
[25:46] | Now, you see, this is where we are different. | 这就是我们的不同点 |
[25:49] | I don’t pretend I’m an ordinary guy got lucky. | 我并不假装我是个走运的普通人 |
[25:51] | I am a monster. | 我就是野兽 |
[25:54] | A carnivorous fucking monster. | 一个嗜血成性的野兽 |
[25:59] | It was success or oblivion for me just as it was for you, | 对你我而言 要么成功 要么遗忘 |
[26:02] | whether you want to admit it here or not. | 不论你承认与否 事实就是如此 |
[26:04] | See, that’s what all this is for you. | 对你来说 这一切的意义就在于此 |
[26:07] | A way to forget you are that monster. | 让你忘记自己是个野兽 |
[26:09] | You have to be one. | 你必须是野兽 |
[26:12] | Or you could never have gotten here in the first place. | 不然你根本就不可能有今天的成就 |
[26:14] | See? | 看了吗 |
[26:15] | Don’t bring that weak shit our way. | 别用软弱恶心我们 |
[26:17] | Not over yet. | 还没完 |
[26:21] | Maybe you’re right… | 可能你是对的 |
[26:27] | But I must be one of the cuddly kind from Monsters, Inc. | 但我一定是怪兽电力公司里最可爱的一个 |
[26:30] | Because tomorrow I’ll be out loading pallets | 因为明天 我会举办 |
[26:33] | for the “Shake the Quake” Relief mission | “赶走地震”救济行动 |
[26:35] | for earthquake victims in Honduras. | 以此帮助洪都拉斯的地震灾民 |
[26:37] | First we organize the supplies, | 我们先组织物资 |
[26:39] | then we air drop ’em next weekend. | 然后下周末空投过去 |
[26:41] | We’re not just writing checks here. | 我们可不只是签签支票 |
[26:46] | Care to join me and see if giving back | 要加入我吗 看看用你的双手回馈社会 |
[26:49] | with your own two hands changes your mind? | 会不会改变你的想法 |
[26:51] | Whoops! | 哎呀 |
[26:53] | Trap door. | 陷阱门 |
[26:55] | Uh, I was planning on leaving, but, um… | 我正打算要走 但… |
[27:00] | Sure. Why not, Mike? | 可以 何乐不为呢 迈克 |
[27:02] | Count me in. | 算我一个 |
[27:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:11] | That genius really thinks he trapped you into joining him. | 那个天才还真以为把你骗进去了 |
[27:14] | No idea it’s what you wanted. | 压根就不知道这正是你所期待的 |
[27:20] | You think they’ll be putting their backs into it tomorrow? | 你觉得他们明天会全力以赴认真干活吗 |
[27:24] | The bankers? | 银行家们 |
[27:25] | Stevens and Callahan and them? | 史蒂文斯和卡拉汉那些人吗 |
[27:31] | Would you put your back into anything if you were them? | 如果是你的话 你会全力以赴吗 |
[27:33] | Their banks have 80 billion on their balance sheet between ’em. | 他们银行的资产负债表上有800亿美元 |
[27:36] | So I seriously doubt it. | 所以我很怀疑 |
[27:37] | That’s right. | 你说得对 |
[27:38] | Callahan’s got a contract for life. | 卡拉汉签了终身合同 |
[27:40] | Driscoll’s got it even better… his name’s on his bank. | 德里斯科尔更强 银行有他的名字 |
[27:43] | Father’s name. | 是他父亲的名字 |
[27:44] | Well, like I said… | 嗯 差不多 |
[27:47] | 约翰·皮尔庞特·摩根 美国银行家 艺术收藏家 | |
[27:47] | Their racket’s as old as J. P. Morgan’s | 他们干敲诈勒索勾当的时间和J. P. 摩根 |
[27:49] | 查尔斯·梅里尔 美国慈善家 股票经纪人 还是Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Beane投资银行 和经纪公司的直接合伙人 | |
[27:49] | and Charles Merrill’s themselves. | 以及查尔斯·梅里尔一样久 |
[27:55] | We both got evening plans ahead. | 我们今晚都有事要做 |
[27:58] | The world’s changed over the past year, cap’n. | 过去一年世界已经变了 头儿 |
[28:00] | To be safe, we institute a four-part protocol. | 保险起见 我们制定了一份四条协议 |
[28:02] | To prevent misunderstandings. | 避免产生误解 |
[28:04] | You send a text after: “Hey, what a great night!” | 你在之后发一条短信 “嗨 多棒的夜晚” |
[28:06] | She’ll respond in kind. | 她会回你相应的内容 |
[28:07] | You send a gift the next morning, leave her smiling. | 你第二天早上送她一份礼物 逗她开心 |
[28:09] | You make secondary plans even if | 即使你不打算按照这些计划来 |
[28:11] | you have no intention of keeping them. | 但你仍得制定辅助计划 |
[28:12] | And when you don’t keep them… | 当你没按这些计划来的时候… |
[28:13] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你知道你在和谁说话吗 |
[28:15] | I’m a gentleman. | 我是一位绅士 |
[28:17] | Fucking right you are. | 你他妈当然是 |
[28:27] | If I send you a text after, it’s a real text. | 如果我给你发了一条短信 真的发了一条短信 |
[28:29] | Text, don’t text. Fine. | 短信 不要短信 好吧 |
[28:43] | It’s not that I’ve been ducking your calls, | 我没有故意不接你的电话 |
[28:46] | it’s just that I’ve been… | 只是我… |
[28:47] | Ducking my calls. | 不想接我的电话 |
[28:49] | I have. Yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[28:51] | I feel like you’re going to pull your money. | 我觉得你打算撤资 |
[28:53] | Are you going to pull your money? | 你准备撤资吗 |
[28:54] | I don’t want to talk shop while I’m up here… | 我不想在这里谈论公司的事 |
[28:57] | It’s a financial conference. | 这是金融会议 |
[29:00] | So that’s why you’re here, to keep my money on board? | 这就是你来的原因吗 为了把我的钱留住 |
[29:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:04] | It’s been four months since I moved under Axe’s roof. | 我到阿克斯资本已经四个月了 |
[29:06] | And we haven’t had a single call during that time | 在此期间 我们没有通过一次 |
[29:08] | about business or anything else. | 关于生意或其他事的电话 |
[29:10] | I wanted to see you. | 我要见你一面 |
[29:11] | And here you are. Like King Kong in chains. | 所以你就来了 就像带着锁链的金刚 |
[29:15] | Not easy to get used to. | 很难习惯啊 |
[29:18] | You know, it took me a long time to get my balance back | 你知道吗 我们之间结束以后 |
[29:20] | after you ended our thing. | 我花了很长时间才回归正轨 |
[29:22] | I’m glad you were able to. | 我很开心你做到了 |
[29:28] | So, the money… | 那你的钱… |
[29:30] | So, indeed… | 嗯 当然 |
[29:37] | Checkmate. Good game. | 将军 下的不错 |
[29:40] | Particularly quick, Hikaru. | 中村光 你的反应真的很快 |
[30:00] | Where are we at? | 我们进展如何了 |
[30:02] | Will the senator see me? | 参议员会见我吗 |
[30:04] | She will. Problem is: | 会 问题是 |
[30:07] | I’m not sure I should walk you into it. | 我不知道我是否应该把你带过去 |
[30:09] | Why not? | 为何不呢 |
[30:10] | Well, you did the thing. | 你干了那件事 |
[30:12] | A youthful indiscretion. | 只是年少轻狂而已 |
[30:15] | Born out of loyalty, and commitment, | 心怀忠诚和信仰 |
[30:17] | and the ability to craft sound arguments | 有能力对问题的任何方面 |
[30:19] | on any side of an issue. | 提出合理论据 |
[30:21] | It’s also not the kind I’d make again. | 我绝对不会再做那种事了 |
[30:24] | So people can change? | 人会改变吗 |
[30:26] | That’s what you’re saying. You’ve changed? | 你是说 你变了吗 |
[30:29] | You’re no longer law school DeGiulio, | 你不再是法学院的迪圭利奥 |
[30:31] | or Deputy AG DeGiulio. | 也不是助理司法部长迪圭利奥 |
[30:32] | You’re truly Judge DeGiulio. | 而是真正的法官迪圭利奥 |
[30:35] | Ah, this isn’t about me. | 啊哈 我不是重点 |
[30:38] | You aren’t really interested in if I can change. | 你才不是真的关心我是否能改变 |
[30:40] | Or man can change. | 或者是人是否会变 |
[30:41] | You want to figure out if you can. | 你是想弄清楚你能不能改变 |
[30:44] | It’s being put to the test. | 我正在接受考验 |
[30:46] | I am changing. | 我在改变 |
[30:47] | It’s happening in front of your eyes. | 就发生在你眼前 |
[30:50] | Well, that’s gonna be useful to you, | 好吧 这会对你有用的 |
[30:52] | stating it with authority. | 陈述得权威一点 |
[30:54] | Self-hypnosis. | 自我催眠 |
[30:57] | Look, you’ve done the impossible before. | 你连最不可能的事都做成了 |
[31:00] | Why not now? | 为什么现在做不到 |
[31:01] | Well, after a certain age it gets harder. | 过了一定的年龄 事情就变得困难了 |
[31:04] | Or maybe undoable. | 或者说做不到了 |
[31:07] | Or so incremental as to have no impact. | 或者阅历的递增已无影响 |
[31:12] | Well, I prefer to think of it as evolving. | 好吧 我更愿意把它当成是进化 |
[31:15] | You want to know if I would have written the memo | 你想知道我更年轻或年长的时候 |
[31:16] | when I was younger or older? | 是否会写那个备忘录 |
[31:18] | I’m more concerned with taking the lessons of it forward. | 我更关心从中吸取教训 |
[31:21] | That’s why I want to be on the Supreme Court. | 所以我想当上最高法院的法官 |
[31:24] | So that the accumulation of all that I know can benefit… | 如此 我所知道一切累积就都是有益的 |
[31:28] | Bullshit. | 全是胡说 |
[31:29] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[31:33] | I do believe I have more capacity. | 我相信我还有更多的能力 |
[31:36] | For good, for ill, for anything. | 无论善恶 什么事都能做 |
[31:39] | The truth is… | 事实上… |
[31:41] | I just really want it. | 我是真的想要 |
[31:44] | I want to feel the power of the seat make me more. | 坐在那个位子上我会觉得自己更有权力 |
[31:52] | What’s your driver? | 你的动力是什么 |
[31:54] | I, uh, let certain of my…quests | 我被某些探索 |
[31:57] | drag me into the wastelands. | 给拖到了荒漠 |
[31:58] | And it cost me every… it cost me too much. | 牺牲了我所有… 让我牺牲颇大 |
[32:02] | I may still need to do these kinds of things, | 这些事呢 我可能还是得干 |
[32:05] | but I also need to serve | 但是同时我也要 |
[32:09] | the best of me at the same time. | 呈现出我最好的一面 |
[32:14] | You and Axelrod. | 你和阿克塞尔罗德 |
[32:17] | It started as justice, | 开始的时候挺公正 |
[32:19] | then became something that wasn’t, but… | 然后慢慢就变了味 不过 |
[32:22] | Mm-hmm. …it still can be again. | 嗯 还可以回去 |
[32:25] | And I can help you, Chuck. | 我可以帮你 查克 |
[32:28] | I want to. | 我想帮你 |
[32:29] | If I’m in a position to. | 如果我有能力的话 |
[32:36] | You can indeed craft an argument. | 你确实有理有据 |
[32:40] | We’ll keep our appointment with the senator. | 我们会如约去见参议员 |
[32:44] | And put all this to the test. | 将这一切都测试一番 |
[33:10] | Maybe now’s a good time for our one-on-one. | 也许现在是我们一对一疗程的好时机 |
[33:13] | Mandatory inspection. Like I’m back in the service. | 强制检查 就像我又回部队了 |
[33:17] | Don’t like to think of it that way. | 我不喜欢这么想 |
[33:18] | Why not? When I was in the Navy, | 为什么不 我在海军的时候 |
[33:20] | at least I knew what my purpose was. | 至少我知道自己的目的是什么 |
[33:23] | Now I don’t have a clue. | 现在我没有一点头绪 |
[33:26] | What the fuck do I do here, Wendy? | 我到底在这干嘛 温迪 |
[33:29] | My whole career | 我整个职业生涯 |
[33:31] | I’ve run operations… | 我经营过机构 |
[33:34] | logistics, combat, organization. | 干过后勤 参加过战斗 搞过组织 |
[33:36] | I tried to live my life by Jim Baker’s words: | 我试图按照吉姆·贝克尔的话生活 |
[33:39] | “You can either focus on the ‘Chief’ | “你要么关注领导 |
[33:42] | or the ‘of Staff.'” | 要么关注员工” |
[33:43] | “Those who have focused on the ‘of Staff’ | “关注员工的那些人 |
[33:45] | have done pretty well.” | 做得非常棒” |
[33:46] | But if Mase Cap is no longer an operation, | 但是如果梅森资本不再是一个机构 |
[33:48] | what do I do here? | 我还在这里干什么 |
[33:50] | Are you asking me to define that | 你是要让我把它定义为 |
[33:51] | as Human Resources or as a performance coach? | 人力资源或者绩效教练吗 |
[33:53] | You have two fucking jobs. I have zero. | 你他妈的有两份工作 而我一份都没有 |
[33:55] | Definitely need the performance coach. | 特定是需要绩效教练啊 |
[33:59] | And I can help you. | 我可以帮你 |
[34:00] | I can help you get into Olympian form… | 我能帮你进入奥林匹克水平 |
[34:04] | but towards what aim, what discipline, is a fair question. | 目的为何 如何训练是个好问题 |
[34:06] | And you need to be asking Taylor. | 你得去问泰勒 |
[34:09] | So why aren’t you? | 为什么不去问呢 |
[34:16] | I confronted my ego and let go of it. | 我直面我的自我 让一切随风而逝 |
[34:19] | Seems intact again. | 看起来又完整了 |
[34:21] | Sure. You come back to yourself. | 是的 又做回了自己 |
[34:24] | It’s one experience, not therapeutic dosing. | 这只是体验一下 不是治疗的剂量 |
[34:27] | But Bram Longriver really opened our eyes to the potential. | 但是布拉姆·隆里弗的确让我们看到了潜力 |
[34:31] | You spent time with Bram? | 你花时间和布拉姆相处了 |
[34:33] | He was our personal guide and shaman. | 他是我们的私人向导和萨满 |
[34:36] | Longriver carries kind of a mystical weight in the Valley. | 隆里弗在太阳谷里可是个传说啊 |
[34:39] | We have that mystique behind us. | 我们已经将这种神秘抛在了身后 |
[34:41] | Along with the full force of his evangelical power. | 除了赋予我们他全部的福音力量 |
[34:45] | Gives us instant credibility with the therapists | 还让我们很快获得了 |
[34:47] | who are using the synthetic ayahuasca | 使用死藤水合成药物作为部分治疗手段的 |
[34:48] | as part of their treatment… | 治疗师的信赖 |
[34:50] | that is, as soon as you make it | 也就是说 只要能在美国市场 |
[34:53] | legally available in the U. S. market. | 合法地弄到它就行 |
[34:55] | So you know I’m headed to the FDA. | 你知道我要进食品药物管理局 |
[34:58] | We have real intel. | 我们的情报把握十足 |
[34:59] | And I have worked to make sure no one finds out | 我要确保在别人发现之前搞定这事儿 |
[35:02] | until it’s done…preserving the value of your position. | 保持住你这个位置的价值 |
[35:05] | Let’s talk about us buying your shares in Errix… | 谈谈买你在艾利克斯的股份的事呗 |
[35:17] | Now turn your attention to the main stage | 现在请大家看向主舞台 |
[35:19] | and put your hands together for Brandi… | 掌声欢迎布兰迪 |
[35:51] | Did you close Shenk? | 你把申克搞定了吗 |
[35:53] | It was a late night. | 时间已经很晚了 |
[35:55] | Conversations were had. | 我们进行了交谈 |
[35:57] | You didn’t close him? The fuck? | 你没搞定他啊 什么情况 |
[35:59] | Unexpected circumstances. | 出了点意外 |
[36:01] | What, you get distracted by a stripper? | 怎么 你被脱衣舞娘分心了 |
[36:04] | Not in the way you mean… | 不是你想的那样 |
[36:05] | Well, what happened, then? Get robbed again, roofied? | 那是怎么了 又被抢劫了 被下药了 |
[36:10] | 克里斯·洛克 美国喜剧演员 编剧 导演及监制 | |
[36:10] | I failed the Chris Rock test. | 我没能通过克里斯·洛克的合格父亲测试 |
[36:15] | Her stage name was Brandi, | 她的艺名叫布兰迪 |
[36:17] | but…but it was really Mandy. | 但是 但是真名是曼蒂 |
[36:21] | My Mandy. | 我的曼蒂 |
[36:22] | My sweet little Mandy. | 我的小甜心曼蒂 |
[36:26] | Your… | 你的… |
[36:28] | 克里斯·洛克曾在脱口秀中说到 保护自己女儿最重要的方式 就是让她远离钢管 | |
[36:28] | I didn’t keep my daughter off the pole. | 我没能让我的女儿远离钢管 |
[36:30] | Brutal. | 太残酷了 |
[36:31] | Want me to shut the place down? | 想让我关了那地方吗 |
[36:33] | No, it’s okay. I got…I got her out of there. | 不 没事 我… 我带她离开了 |
[36:35] | I s-shipped her off to a facility. | 我把她送到了一家机构 |
[36:37] | I think I’ll have it shut down anyway. | 我觉得我还是会关了它 |
[36:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:52] | And Shenk? | 申克呢 |
[36:54] | I’ll close today. | 我今天就搞定他 |
[37:02] | Oscar wants out? | 奥斯卡想退出吗 |
[37:03] | He wouldn’t even engage. | 他都不想跟我说话 |
[37:11] | Ivy, would you draft some of your colleagues | 艾薇 你能选几位同事 |
[37:13] | to help put my people back together, please? | 帮忙把我的人恢复一下状态吗 |
[37:15] | I’ll do it myself. | 我自己来 |
[37:29] | Fuckin’ bankers. | 该死的银行家 |
[37:41] | Didn’t intend to spend an extra day in New York. | 没打算在纽约多待一天啊 |
[37:44] | Hope you enjoyed your accommodations and the dinner. | 希望你吃住愉快 |
[37:47] | Food doesn’t travel well. | 食物经不住长途运输 |
[37:50] | Let’s get to it. | 我们开始吧 |
[37:51] | Okayyy. | 好的 |
[37:52] | Let’s start with the current portfolio… | 让我们从当前的投资组合开始 |
[37:56] | You have a cache of emerging market bonds | 你们有一批我特别引以为豪的 |
[37:58] | that I’m particularly proud of. | 新兴市场债券 |
[38:00] | Where are the marks? | 指标如何 |
[38:01] | How are you valuing that? | 你们如何评估 |
[38:03] | You saw the 13F… | 你看了13F报告… |
[38:04] | That’s 45 days stale. What do I own now? | 这份报告是45天前的 我现在的资产是多少 |
[38:07] | How do I know there’s not a Mississippi-sized delta? | 我怎么知道没有巨大的对冲比率 |
[38:09] | We could show you that if you want plain vanilla, | 如果你想要简单的金融衍生品 60/40组合那种 |
[38:12] | 60/40 for retirement. | 我们可以展示给你 |
[38:13] | But if you wanted that, you wouldn’t be here. | 但如果那是你想要的 你就不会来这里了 |
[38:16] | We had your aggression index at a 6.7. | 我们将你的攻击性指数确定为6.7 |
[38:18] | Do you really break things down that way? | 你们真的这样分析事情吗 |
[38:20] | Not on the external documents… | 不表现在外部文件上 |
[38:22] | But based on your goals, the investments you made… | 但基于您的目标 您做出的投资 |
[38:24] | and the investments you left behind to come to us… | 以及您放弃别的投资来找我们 |
[38:27] | we figured that was your sweet spot. | 我们认为6.7是您的最佳位置 |
[38:29] | What if we could take a little more danger? | 要是我们能多冒点险呢 |
[38:31] | People talk about quant fundamentals, human overlay. | 人们讨论定量基础 人为覆盖 |
[38:34] | I overlay like you wouldn’t believe. | 我的覆盖之广你无法相信 |
[38:37] | See, there are certain risks that are not risky to you, | 有些特定的风险 对你没有威胁 |
[38:40] | they’re not risky to Axe Cap. | 对阿克塞资本没有威胁 |
[38:41] | Personally risky to me? I don’t think that way. | 对我个人有威胁吗 我不觉得 |
[38:45] | I just think if you’re not making 15 percent every year, | 我只是觉得 如果你每年的收益率达不到百分之十五 |
[38:47] | then my father was right about me. | 那我爸对我的看法就是对的 |
[38:49] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[38:51] | He blamed himself for not punching my mother hard enough | 他怪自己 那晚我母亲告诉他怀孕时 |
[38:53] | to kill me the night she told him she was… | 揍她揍的不够狠 没把我杀了 |
[38:54] | That’s plenty right there. | 信息量足够大了 |
[38:58] | Guys like that… | 他们那种人 |
[38:59] | revvin’ up your engine, metal under tension… | 发动引擎 感受着金属的狂暴张力 |
[39:04] | my job is to keep you off the highway to the danger zone. | 我的职责就是让你远离通往危险的路 |
[39:08] | And how do you do that? | 那你如何做到呢 |
[39:11] | I know my SEC like Bear Bryant knew his. | 我了解美国证监会 就像比尔·布赖恩特纵横球场一样 |
[39:11] | 比尔·布赖恩特 美国著名足球教练 | |
[39:18] | That was a kick in the heinie. | 那可真是太厉害了 |
[39:20] | You wanted the unvarnished look. | 你想要最原始的样子 |
[39:22] | And we do have the numbers to back up… | 我们也的确有数据支持… |
[39:25] | Truth is, I don’t care what these people all said… | 事实上 我并不在乎这些人说了什么 |
[39:27] | just that they didn’t wilt or crack. | 我只在乎他们有没有畏缩或崩溃 |
[39:29] | In many founder-named shops, the whole place collapses | 在许多以创始人命名的公司里 如果创始人 |
[39:32] | if the founder isn’t in their face 24/7. | 不全天候出现 整个公司就会崩溃 |
[39:34] | That clearly is not the case here. | 显然这里不是这种情况 |
[39:38] | The numbers do speak for themselves. | 这些数据的确说明了一切 |
[39:40] | And thank you for that dinner… | 而且我想感谢你的晚餐 |
[39:42] | the gnocchi was firm and tasty and the halibut sublime. | 意大利团子坚实可口 大比目鱼美味无比 |
[39:46] | Thought it didn’t travel? | 不是说食物经不住长途运输吗 |
[39:48] | We all have our roles to play. | 我们各自都有角色要扮演 |
[39:50] | Mine here was hard-ass. | 我需要在这里展现出强硬姿态 |
[39:52] | But you played yours to perfection. | 而你们的角色堪称完美 |
[39:58] | Senator, I understand you have concerns. | 参议员 我明白您有您的顾虑 |
[40:02] | Now let’s address them where they can be spoken to | 此时此刻 我们就来解决这些顾虑 |
[40:04] | most fully and frankly… right here and now. | 在这个能完全地 坦诚地讨论它们的地方 |
[40:07] | Behind doors which are closed. | 在完全私密的环境下 |
[40:09] | I have just one question… and I can ask it anywhere. | 我只有一个问题 我想在哪问就在哪问 |
[40:14] | Judge, did you write that memo? | 法官大人 备忘录是你写的吗 |
[40:17] | This memo? | 这个备忘录 |
[40:18] | I did, Senator. | 是我写的 参议员 |
[40:20] | Then that, as they say, is the ballgame. | 那么 如他们所说 这就是球场比赛 |
[40:24] | The other side protects its own no matter the sin. | 对手方无论如何都会保护自家人 |
[40:27] | If I do the same, I would be the same. | 如果我也这么做了 那和他们也就没区别了 |
[40:29] | I must hold Judge DeGiulio | 我必须让迪圭利奥法官 |
[40:32] | to the same standards I keep for myself. | 遵守我为我自己制定的标准 |
[40:34] | And they are as high as a midnight showing | 这些标准可能会和午夜场的 |
[40:38] | of Cheech and Chong’s Up in Smoke. | 《随烟而飞》一样高 |
[40:45] | Had I suffered such a regrettable lapse, | 如果是我犯下了如此令人悔恨的过错 |
[40:48] | I would withdraw my name… | 我会自愿放弃此次机会… |
[40:50] | and I would kiss my career and my sweet ass goodbye. | 并和我的事业说再见 |
[41:00] | I think that time I got waterboarded. | 我觉得我被施以水刑了 |
[41:04] | “Never let your head hang down. | “永远不要垂头丧气 |
[41:07] | Never give up and sit down and grieve. | 永远不要放弃 自怨自艾 |
[41:09] | Find another way.” | 另寻出路” |
[41:11] | Your dad? | 你父亲说的 |
[41:12] | Close. Nixon. | 接近了 是尼克森 |
[41:14] | Inspiring. | 真是振奋人心啊 |
[41:16] | The fuck is the other way, the next move? | 去他妈的另一条路 下一步是什么 |
[41:18] | I don’t know yet. But I will reach out when I do. | 目前还不清楚 想明白后会和你联系的 |
[41:42] | I would have done exactly the same as you. | 换做是我 也会那么做的 |
[41:45] | Well, I’m glad you didn’t try to change my mind. | 我很高兴你没试图改变我的想法 |
[41:48] | So you’ll keep the memo buried? | 那你会把备忘录埋藏起来吗 |
[41:50] | I will as long as he doesn’t go for a lifetime post. | 只要他别往最高法院钻 我就会 |
[41:54] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:56] | He’s still destined for great things, though. | 尽管如此 他还是命中注定要成就一番伟业 |
[41:59] | What do you have in mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[42:04] | – Hey, Eddie. – Keep it up. | – 嗨 埃迪 – 继续 |
[42:09] | Hey. Thanks a lot. | 非常感谢 |
[42:12] | Gonna take care of all these yourself? | 你自己能搞定这些吗 |
[42:22] | All right, bring it in. | 好了 都过来 |
[42:27] | Gotta lift with your legs. | 搬的时候要用腿使劲 |
[42:29] | That’s what they say. | 他们是这么说的 |
[42:31] | Thanks for the help. | 多谢帮忙 |
[42:32] | Well, you can return the favor: | 你可以报答我 |
[42:34] | Host Stage Three pharma-huasca trials at your medical center. | 用你的医疗中心主持第三阶段的死藤水制药实验 |
[42:37] | We’re not a university hospital. | 我们不是大学医院 |
[42:39] | Well, that’s why we need you. | 所以我们才需要你 |
[42:42] | Bram Longriver says: | 布拉姆·隆里弗有言 |
[42:43] | “We’re in a race between catastrophe and consciousness.” | “我们在灾难和意识之间赛跑” |
[42:46] | You have Longriver? | 你有隆里弗 |
[42:49] | If we’re gonna win, we need much wider testing. | 我们想要赢 就需要更大范围的测试 |
[42:53] | Is the Axelrod Foundation willing to back that race? | 阿克塞尔罗德基金会准备支持这场赛跑吗 |
[42:57] | I can make a call. | 我可以打个电话安排 |
[42:59] | Then make that call. | 那就打电话去吧 |
[43:02] | Great. | 很好 |
[43:04] | I’ll circle back. | 我一会再回来 |
[43:15] | You Michael Johnson right over to Jules Hakli. | 这么快就跟朱尔斯·哈克里搭上关系了 |
[43:17] | The hospital CEO. | 他是医院CEO |
[43:18] | Always wanted to shake his hand. | 一直想和他握手来着 |
[43:21] | Uh huh. And now you’re back hard at it. | 现在你又开始努力了 |
[43:23] | You know, you and I should share a beer at the closing dinner. | 你和我应该在闭幕晚宴时一起喝杯啤酒 |
[43:27] | We always have an amazing presentation. | 我们的演讲总是很精彩 |
[43:29] | Sure. I’ll try to make it. | 当然 我尽量赶到 |
[43:34] | Not gonna let me sort in peace, huh? | 就不能让我有一刻安宁 是不是 |
[43:38] | Oscar, I was bleeding out. | 奥斯卡 我当时损失惨重 |
[43:39] | I couldn’t just shut my firm. | 我不能就那么让我的公司倒闭 |
[43:41] | If I did, I could never re-open, or raise again. | 否则 我就再没重新开张 或是筹资的可能了 |
[43:43] | It was a way to preserve the name. To continue. | 这是一种保留公司名称 继续下去的方式 |
[43:46] | It’s the answer to the one question you didn’t ask | 我来回答你没问但应该问的问题 |
[43:48] | but should have: Would I do absolutely anything to survive? | 我会为了生存而不择手段吗 |
[43:50] | The answer is yes. | 答案是肯定的 |
[43:52] | That’s why you should leave your money with me. | 所以 你才应该把你的钱放我这边 |
[43:53] | Last year, Axe Cap showed returns of 17 percent | 去年 阿克塞资本的回报率为百分之十七 |
[43:56] | while growing by 22 percent. | 增长率为百分之二十二 |
[43:57] | I was shrinking, dying. | 我的资产当时在萎缩 就要不行了 |
[43:59] | So you gained all the benefits of bankruptcy… | 所以你获得了破产的全部好处 |
[44:01] | indemnification, restructuring, wound-licking… | 保障 重组 舔舐伤口 |
[44:04] | without actually declaring. | 还不用做出实际的声明 |
[44:06] | And you’re going to tell me that you’re going to be better. | 然后你来告诉我 你将会好起来 |
[44:10] | – Already are better… – Yes. | – 已经好起来了 – 是的 |
[44:11] | Since I’ve been there we’re up 7.2 percent… | 自从我加入阿克塞 我们的回报率上涨了7.2%… |
[44:13] | you’re up. | 你的也上涨了 |
[44:14] | The difference between blitz and regular chess? | 快棋和国际象棋有什么区别 |
[44:18] | In the traditional game, when it’s the other person’s turn, | 在传统的棋局中 当轮到对方时 |
[44:21] | you consider what you might do next. | 你会考虑你下一步做什么 |
[44:24] | You let your mind wander, meditate, be open. | 你让你的思维去漫游 去冥想 保持开放 |
[44:28] | With fast chess, you’ve anticipated their move | 在下快棋时 你已经预测到了对方的行动 |
[44:32] | and your response before they’ve made it. | 并在他们采取行动前做出反应 |
[44:35] | Which game have we been playing? | 我们在下哪种棋 |
[44:39] | I don’t want to have my money with Bobby Axelrod, | 我不想把钱交给博比·阿克塞尔罗德 |
[44:42] | I don’t want to be associated with him. | 我不想与他有瓜葛 |
[44:44] | And if you are, I don’t want to be associated with you. | 如果你和他有 那么我也不想和你有瓜葛 |
[44:48] | And you knew that before I opened my mouth… | 在我开口之前 你就知道了 |
[44:53] | I-I-I hope when we meet again it’s not as competitors. | 希望下次见面时 我们将不再是对手 |
[44:58] | If you go back out on your own, give me a call. | 如果你回去单干了 就给我打电话 |
[45:05] | You shouldn’t have made that rook sacrifice at move 37. | 你不该在第三十七步的时候牺牲车 |
[45:08] | That’s why you lost. | 这就是你输的原因 |
[45:18] | Well, you slipped away last night. | 你昨天晚上溜走了 |
[45:24] | Apologies. Personal business. | 抱歉 一点私事 |
[45:25] | I’ll bet. | 我就知道 |
[45:27] | I’ve seen a guy take a girl straight to the Champagne Room… | 我看到过一个男人把妹子直接带到香槟包房 |
[45:29] | but never straight out of the club. | 但从没见过把人直接带出夜总会的 |
[45:31] | At least not outside Thailand. | 至少没在泰国以外的地方见过 |
[45:33] | What type of bar fine she run you? | 她让你付了多少出街钟点费啊 |
[45:36] | Wasn’t like that. | 不是那样的 |
[45:37] | Just had to have a little chat. | 只是稍稍聊几句 |
[45:39] | I guess there’s no such thing as too young | 我想 当她们像转基因李杏一样结实的时候 |
[45:41] | when they’re firm as a genetically modified plumcot. | 就没有太年轻这回事了 |
[45:45] | Mr. Axelrod and I know Errix is a family business. | 阿克塞尔罗德先生和我知道艾利克斯是家族企业 |
[45:48] | So we’ll pay market for your shares, | 我们会按市价买你的股份 |
[45:50] | but we have to work together to keep the stock price high | 但我们得齐心协力 为你的亲戚 |
[45:53] | for your relatives. | 保持股价高位 |
[45:54] | Sell to us and do your share | 把股份卖给我们 |
[45:55] | with approvals once you’re at the FDA, | 你进入食品药品管理局后就下批准 |
[45:57] | and we’re all sitting pretty in Schaefer city. | 我们都能在舍费尔市里快乐无边 |
[46:02] | Ah, yes, that sounds fun. | 没错 听起来挺有意思的 |
[46:06] | But it’s Longriver I’m interested in. | 但是我真正感兴趣的是隆里弗 |
[46:08] | His reach makes markets… and makes this deal. | 他的影响力创造了市场 并促成了这笔交易 |
[46:11] | Then you’re talking to the right guy, ’cause we got him. | 那你是找对人了 因为我们跟他谈妥了 |
[46:19] | Bobby, I’m gonna need to stay in the apartment a little longer. | 博比 我需要在公寓里多住一段时间了 |
[46:21] | – Is that… – Yeah, more than okay. | – 可以吗 – 当然 一点问题没有 |
[46:23] | You know I never use it. | 你也知道我从来不住那里 |
[46:25] | Thank you. I’m sure I’ll… | 谢谢你 我相信我会… |
[46:26] | Thought you found a place you loved? | 我还以为你找到你喜欢的房子了 |
[46:29] | Uh… the deal got “Chucked.” | 交易被查克搅局了 |
[46:32] | Ah, you could’ve called me in. Why didn’t you call me in? | 你可以打电话让我帮忙啊 怎么不打电话 |
[46:35] | I thought I could sort it quickly. | 我以为我能很快解决这件事的 |
[46:36] | But it’s going to take a minute. | 但要花点时间了 |
[46:37] | The man’s a delight. You know? | 那人可真是”讨人喜欢” |
[46:40] | Look, I can buy the place for you. | 我能帮你把那个地方买下来 |
[46:42] | Pay me back as soon as… | 有钱时候还我就是了 |
[46:43] | It’s gone. Thank you, but…it’s gone. | 被人买了 谢谢你 但是它已经被卖掉了 |
[46:47] | All right. Well, stay as long as you need then. | 好吧 你想待多久都行 |
[46:49] | Hey, one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[46:51] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[46:53] | Gut him. | 整死他 |
[46:56] | That’s the plan. | 计划如此 |
[46:58] | A ten percent loss? | 百分之十的损失 |
[47:01] | You took my scrilla down ten fucking percent? | 你让我的资金跌了他妈的百分之十 |
[47:05] | I tried to warn you. The algo… | 我有警告过你 这个算法… |
[47:06] | your added investment forced it to make suboptimal trades. | 增加投资会迫使它进行次优交易 |
[47:09] | Why is your brilliant machine fucking retarded?! | 你的聪明机器怎么他妈的这么智障 |
[47:12] | Bill, what you want won’t work. | 比尔 你想要的实现不了 |
[47:14] | Like fuck it won’t… | 去他妈的实现不了 |
[47:15] | This shit is a nerdy new world. | 这是个书呆子的新世界 |
[47:17] | I had to have it put into terms I understand. | 我必须把它转换成我能理解的语言 |
[47:19] | So let me translate for you: A man can manage two wives. | 我来给你翻译一下 一个男人能应付两个妻子 |
[47:22] | But you try to keep four wives going, | 但你要是想有四个老婆 |
[47:24] | you can’t keep everyone satisfied. | 你就无法让每个人都满意 |
[47:26] | Too many variables, not enough Bill. | 太多可变因素 一个人不够用啊 |
[47:28] | The whole thing crumbles. | 整个局面就崩离分析了 |
[47:31] | I needed this. | 我需要这个 |
[47:33] | You are a useless fucking bunch. | 你真是个废物 |
[47:38] | Give him back his money. | 把钱还回去 |
[47:40] | Investor beware. | 投资者要有风险意识 |
[47:41] | Maybe. But you didn’t actually invest his shit | 呵呵 可是你根本没拿他的钱做投资 |
[47:43] | and risk fucking up your side stash. | 你不会拿你的私钱冒险的 |
[47:45] | I’m keeping it as an asshole tax. | 算我收他点智商税吧 |
[47:48] | Return it as an asshole tribute. | 少犯浑 老老实实还回去 |
[47:53] | You know, I was almost back at my desk when it hit me. | 快到我桌子那边时 我突然就想明白了 |
[47:58] | So I may not be able to crawl ass-to-mouth | 或许我是不懂你那个 |
[48:01] | through your algorithmic centipede, | 弯弯扭扭跟蜈蚣似的破算法 |
[48:03] | but the one thing that has kept me in my chair all these years, | 我能屹立不倒这么多年的原因就是 |
[48:06] | WINNING, is that I know a liar when I smell one. | 我能看出谁在说谎 |
[48:11] | Your trading thing might not work with the added capital, | 你那个破算法也许是不能追加资金 |
[48:15] | but when I look in your eyes, | 可我注视你眼睛的时候 |
[48:16] | I do not see someone who has lost money. | 我看到的可不是一个赔了钱的人 |
[48:18] | I see someone who’s trying to steal from me. | 而是想从我这里揩油的人 |
[48:21] | So by the time I actually get back to my desk, | 所以 当我回到办公位的时候 |
[48:24] | my money better be there, or this time I will cut you. | 我的钱最好已经回来了 否则 这次我真会分了你 |
[48:44] | This is the thank you. | 非常感谢 |
[48:46] | The way you conducted yourself… | 你引导指挥大家的方式… |
[48:48] | and everyone else… it was the full Dudamel. | 堪称完美 |
[48:52] | I want you to take over IR for all of Axe Cap. | 我想让你正式接管阿克塞资本的 |
[48:55] | Formally. | 投资关系部 |
[48:55] | I have a job. | 我已经有工作了 |
[48:56] | You still have it. | 那份你可以继续做 |
[49:00] | This job is better. | 但这个工作更好 |
[49:02] | More responsibility, access. | 更多的责任和机会 |
[49:04] | More money, in case that matters. | 如果钱对你来说重要的话 薪酬也会更高 |
[49:06] | When doesn’t it matter? | 钱什么时候不重要了 |
[49:07] | When you’re being untruthful with yourself. | 对自己不坦诚时 就会说不重要 |
[49:09] | Not a risk. | 反正没什么风险 |
[49:12] | It is quite the offer. | 提议是很不错 |
[49:14] | And yet, I can’t help but feel I’m being used. | 不过我总觉得自己被利用了 |
[49:17] | So that you can isolate Taylor even more. | 这样你就可以进一步孤立泰勒了 |
[49:19] | I thought we were past Mase Cap paranoia. | 我还以为”梅森资本妄想症”已经都过去了 |
[49:21] | Is it paranoia? | 是我多疑吗 |
[49:22] | I’m using your talent. | 我是在发掘你的才华 |
[49:26] | If Taylor feels similar appreciation, | 要是泰勒对你有同样的赏识 |
[49:27] | they’ll bless this. | 他们会祝福你的 |
[49:30] | Let me sleep on it. | 我考虑一下再说 |
[49:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢了 |
[49:41] | Where’d we end up? | 进展如何了 |
[49:42] | Well, not where you were, | 不是你的本职 |
[49:44] | not where you expected to be, | 也不是你期许的职位 |
[49:45] | but a very good place, I believe. | 不过我觉得是很好了 |
[49:46] | Solicitor General. | 副司法部长 |
[49:48] | Acting SG. | 代理副司法部长 |
[49:49] | Acting. Of course. | 代理 当然了 |
[49:51] | The price for killing the memo. | 抹掉备忘录的代价 |
[49:53] | Indeed. Everything stays nice and quiet. | 确实 现在一切安好 |
[49:55] | Well, useful to you too, isn’t it? | 对你也有利 是吧 |
[49:57] | With you as NYAG and me on the federal bench, | 和贵为纽约州司法部长的你一起在联邦法院 |
[49:59] | weren’t gonna see me that often. | 你不会经常看到我了 |
[50:01] | It’ll be better this way. | 这样最好 |
[50:02] | It’s a prestigious post… | 这是个有威望的职位 |
[50:03] | and still an avenue to the show. | 还有可施展空间 |
[50:05] | Two current Justices were SGs before. | 现任的两位大法官都曾任副司法部长 |
[50:07] | Everyone gets everything he wants, huh? | 每个人都能称心如意 是吧 |
[50:10] | I’m just glad I could be a friend to you. | 能当你的朋友 我很庆幸 |
[50:13] | Early dinner at Luger’s? | 今晚早点吃饭 定在格鲁尔怎么样 |
[50:15] | On me. | 我请 |
[50:31] | Game’s changed. | 游戏已变 |
[50:34] | No, game’s the same… | 不 游戏依旧 |
[50:36] | Fucking computer boys scrape data and code algos. | 那帮玩电脑的臭小子用的代码算法 |
[50:39] | Slurp up all the alpha. | 全都给搅乱了 |
[50:41] | Need to find a new way to beat it. | 得找个新法子打败他们 |
[50:44] | Market’s closed, player, | 操作员股市已经关了 |
[50:46] | nothing left for you on that screen until morning. | 明早再看也不迟 |
[50:48] | But I’m here. | 我可是在你面前呢 |
[50:50] | What did you have in mind? | 你想干什么 |
[50:52] | Why don’t you show me those new cup holders in the mini-v…? | 给我展示展示新杯托如何 去… |
[51:00] | How ’bout a raincheck. | 改天吧 |
[51:04] | I think I need some alone time… | 我现在想一个人待着 |
[51:23] | Is Taylor here? | 泰勒在吗 |
[51:25] | They just got back. | 他们刚回来 |
[51:28] | Tea? | 来点茶不 |
[51:31] | I’m gonna roll dry. | 不用了 |
[51:41] | Imagine you know about Lauren lending herself out to Axe Cap? | 想必你知道劳伦要去阿克塞资本了 |
[51:44] | And I imagine you know that | 想必你知道 |
[51:46] | she’s been asked to make it a permanent detail. | 她被要求常任该职务 |
[51:47] | I did not. | 我不知道 |
[51:49] | Are you going to agree to that? | 你同意这样做吗 |
[51:50] | She wants to do it. It’s a good opportunity. | 她很想做这个 这是个很好的机会 |
[51:53] | She’ll rep both shops. | 两家公司都由她代表 |
[51:54] | – And that’s all right? – It’s how it is. | – 这样也行吗 – 事情本该如此 |
[51:57] | – And if I don’t like it? – I don’t know what to tell you. | – 可我不喜欢这样呢 – 那我无话可说了 |
[51:59] | There’s a lot I don’t like. Doesn’t mean I can change it. | 我不喜欢的有很多 可这不代表我能改变它 |
[52:15] | Pop-quiz, hot shot. | 突袭测验 |
[52:18] | Not really a pop-quiz. I’m fully prepared. | 算不上突袭 我早就准备妥当了 |
[52:20] | Where did I put Adam DeGiulio? | 我给亚当· 迪圭利奥弄了什么职位 |
[52:24] | Solicitor General? | 副司法部长 |
[52:27] | What was wrong with the Second Circuit? | 第二巡回法庭有什么问题 |
[52:28] | Served him, not you. | 对他有好处 对你就没了 |
[52:30] | The New York Attorney General | 纽约州司法部长 |
[52:31] | doesn’t get before them very often. | 往往在他们手上搞不到甜头 |
[52:33] | Why Solicitor General then? | 那为什么是副司法部长呢 |
[52:34] | You lost your New York criminal jurisdiction | 你的纽约刑事管辖权 |
[52:36] | to the Manhattan D. A. | 被曼哈顿地方检察官薅走了 |
[52:38] | So maybe we go big game hunting | 所以我们或许得开辟 |
[52:39] | in another neck of the woods… like the Supreme Court? | 一片新战场了 比如最高法院 |
[52:45] | And wouldn’t you know who decides | 你可能不知道 |
[52:46] | who gets to argue before the Court: | 能在最高法院辩论的人是谁吧 |
[52:49] | Solicitor fucking General. | 正是副司法部长 |
[52:51] | 美国联邦最高法院 由首席法官1人和法官8人组成 终身任职 | |
[52:51] | I get up in front of the Nine, I’m taking you with. | 我会带着你一起见那九位法官 |
[52:53] | Oh, damn straight. | 那是必须的 |
[53:03] | Did you, uh… | 是你… |
[53:04] | you leak that memo to the senator in the first place? | 把备忘录的内容泄露给参议员的吗 |
[53:09] | I, uh, put it in motion before I made my deal | 我是在与邪恶面达成协议之前 |
[53:11] | with the Dark Passenger. | 做下的这事 |
[53:13] | And it was too late to pull it back. | 等我想要撤回的时候已经迟了 |
[53:16] | And you’d never do a friend like that anymore, right? | 你以后再也不会对朋友做这样的事情了吧 |
[53:21] | Right? | 对吗 |
[53:25] | Good thing we don’t have to know that today. | 好在今天不用深究这个问题了 |
[53:30] | We’ve got something special for you tonight. | 我们今天为你们特意准备了一番 |
[53:32] | I hope you’ve all kept your appetite | 希望大家都吃好喝好 |
[53:34] | ’cause we brought a little bit of Brooklyn up here | 我们在莫宏克山庄为大家 |
[53:34] | 莫宏克山庄 美国国家历史地标兼旅游胜地 位于纽约州新帕尔茨镇 | |
[53:37] | to Mohonk Mountain House. | 准备了一些布鲁克林风味 |
[53:39] | From Lilia, Chef Missy Robbins | 这是蕾丽亚餐厅的主厨米茜·罗宾斯 |
[53:42] | and her partner, Sean Feeney. | 还有她的合伙人肖恩·菲尼 |
[53:43] | We’re so excited for you to try one of my favorite pasta dishes, | 欢迎大家品尝我最喜欢的一道意大利面 |
[53:46] | which is the dish that reminds me every day | 这道美食每天都会让我意识到 |
[53:48] | how much I love to cook. | 我有多爱烹饪 |
[53:49] | And we hope you enjoy. | 希望大家享受这一餐 |
[54:02] | – Give it to me. – Struck terms with Shenk. | – 说吧 – 跟申克敲定条件了 |
[54:04] | He loves the Longriver piece. | 他特别喜欢隆里弗的那部分 |
[54:06] | Was a dealmaker. | 是个交易撮合手 |
[54:07] | I got my arms around Hakli the same way. | 我也靠他搞定了哈克里 |
[54:10] | Let’s get the fuck out of here. | 我们赶紧离开这个鬼地方 |
[54:13] | It’s been my privilege, all Mike long, | 能有机会招待大家 |
[54:16] | to fete so many of you. | 是我的荣幸 |
[54:18] | And it’s good to end on someone I respect so much. | 同时有请一位我很敬重的 |
[54:21] | Someone I’m proud to call a friend and a guide. | 亦师亦友的人来作结今日宴席 |
[54:24] | And though he’s late in arriving, | 虽然他来晚了 |
[54:26] | I think he’s going to be a big part of all of our lives. | 但他仍是我们中不可缺少的重要一部分 |
[54:29] | Please, a warm hand for my key partner | 让我们热烈欢迎让我在医疗体系中 |
[54:33] | in a breakthrough healthcare initiative… | 有了重大突破的关键合伙人 |
[54:35] | Shaman Bram Longriver. | 布拉姆·隆里弗萨满 |
[54:42] | I feel a deep spiritual debt to the man… | 虽然我在精神上欠了他很多 |
[54:45] | but I nevertheless feel compelled | 但我又控制不住地 |
[54:47] | to separate his dick from his balls. | 恨他入骨 |
[54:50] | Mr. Longriver’s going to share some wisdom with us | 隆里弗先生会在餐后和我们分享一些智慧 |
[54:52] | after dinner, but, please, come say hi. | 请大家都打个招呼吧 |
[55:01] | You stole my shaman. | 你偷走了我的萨满 |
[55:03] | He belongs to the whole world. | 他是属于全世界的 |
[55:05] | You didn’t come in the spirit of The Mike. | 你根本就不具备”伟人”精神 |
[55:08] | You came to scuttle around and take for yourself. | 你在这里到处搞破坏 你只在乎你自己 |
[55:10] | But the game was already over, man. | 游戏已经结束了 |
[55:12] | I thought there was enough for everybody. | 我还以为大家都有份呢 |
[55:14] | Success breeds success and all that happy horse shit. | 成功造就成功 你好大家好 |
[55:16] | You don’t come to a man’s house… | 你不能在别人家做客时… |
[55:18] | – This isn’t your house… – Close enough. | – 这不是你家 – 那也大差不差 |
[55:19] | Like I told ya: When I compete, hell, I’m there to win. | 之前就告诉过你 我下场 就是来赢的 |
[55:23] | Well, hear me: Game’s not over, buddy boy. | 你听好了 哥们 游戏还没结束 |
[55:26] | Not by a country fucking mile. | 还早着呢 |
[55:30] | I’m aware. | 我明白 |
[55:45] | Look at those fat fucking furballs… | 瞧那帮肥头大耳的货 |
[55:51] | Wags, you ever get tired of working for a living? | 瓦格斯 你可曾对工作厌烦疲倦过 |
[55:55] | Every damn day. | 没一天不烦的 |
[55:56] | But I’ve got a nasty addiction called money. | 可我沉迷钱瘾无法自拔 |
[55:58] | So I do what I do. | 所以班还是得上滴 |
[56:00] | You? | 你呢 |
[56:01] | No. Never. | 不 从来没有 |
[56:03] | Until today. | 直到今天 |
[56:04] | You know, they call us traders ‘gamblers.’ | 他们管我们操盘手叫赌徒 |
[56:07] | The world economy’s just one big casino, | 世界经济就是个大赌场 |
[56:10] | fueled by a giant debt bubble and computer driven derivatives. | 由巨大的债务泡沫和电子衍生金融投资工具推动着 |
[56:14] | And there’s only one thing better | 比在赌场里当赌徒强的 |
[56:15] | than being a gambler at a casino. | 只有一样东西 |
[56:17] | – That’s being the house. – That is right. | – 是赌场 – 没错 |
[56:19] | There’s a systemized machine out there | 那里有一个系统化机器 |
[56:21] | sucking capital from localities | 从各地吸取资金 |
[56:23] | and injecting it into the global markets… | 然后注入全球市场 |
[56:25] | where it can be used to speculate and manipulate. | 那才是投机操控资金的地方 |
[56:28] | And if something goes wrong, there are bailouts | 运转不利的时候 还会有紧急财政援助 |
[56:30] | and bail-ins, federal aid and easing. | 融资纾困 联邦政府补助和宽松政策 |
[56:33] | Where the government doesn’t hunt you down, | 政府不会把你打倒 |
[56:35] | but instead gives you a nice soft net to land in. | 反而会给你一张柔软的网安稳着地 |
[56:38] | That’s your answer to the fireside chat: | 这就是你炉边谈话的答案 |
[56:40] | You want to become a bank. | 你要成为银行 |
[56:41] | I want to become a bank. | 我要成为银行 |
[56:42] | In order to rob it? | 为了将它洗劫一空 |
[56:43] | In order that I don’t have to. | 为了不必洗劫一空 |
[56:48] | And to sleep like they do. | 为了能像这帮家伙一样安稳入眠 |
[56:51] | And to die in my own fucking bed. | 安度晚年 |
[57:12] | Told you, done giving you info. | 告诉过你 不会再给你透露信息了 |
[57:14] | Goes the other way. I’m giving you information: | 你误会了 我是要告诉你一件事情 |
[57:18] | I know what you did. | 我知道你做了什么 |
[57:21] | Maybe selling me out to Axe was a move. | 或许把我出卖给阿克塞是你的一步棋 |
[57:23] | But maybe you’re actually, appallingly, under his sway. | 可怕的是 你也有可能是为他所迫 |
[57:26] | Doesn’t matter. There will come a time | 不过没关系 总有一天 |
[57:29] | when you will be forced to line up against Axe | 你会为了生存 |
[57:31] | for your very survival. | 不得不站到阿克塞的对立面 |
[57:34] | ‘Cause he’s not capable of a true alliance, | 因为他当不了真正的盟友 |
[57:37] | only destruction. | 只会带来毁灭 |
[57:38] | And if such a time comes… | 当这一天来临时… |
[57:40] | When it does, you will need me. | 到时候 你会需要我 |
[57:45] | Though I have come to realize | 其实我发现我和阿克塞 |
[57:47] | the ways in which Axe and I are alike. | 在某些方面很像 |
[57:50] | We both are possessed of and by a sort of monster. | 我们身体里都住着一头野兽 |
[57:56] | But unlike Axe, I am in control of mine. | 但与阿克塞不同的是 我能控制好它 |
[58:01] | I have a code. | 我有道德准则 |
[58:03] | And I need that code? | 你的意思是 我需要那个道德准则 |
[58:04] | No. | 不 |
[58:07] | You need that monster. | 你需要那头野兽 |