时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:07] | Taylor wants to destroy us. | 泰勒想要摧毁我们 |
[00:08] | They took the firefighters not because | 他们抢走了消防队 |
[00:11] | they needed that particular money | 不是因为他们需要那笔钱 |
[00:12] | but as a straight-up “fuck you” to me. | 而是为了扇我嘴巴子 |
[00:14] | What would Axe say if he knew about this? | 如果阿克斯知道我们见面他会怎么说 |
[00:16] | This has nothing to do with him. | 这与他完全无关 |
[00:18] | Commissioner Sansome, I wonder if I could trouble you | 桑瑟姆委员 我想能不能 |
[00:20] | on the small matter of a carry permit | 替我的一名客户 |
[00:23] | for a client of mine. | 麻烦你一件小事 |
[00:24] | I’d like your permission to see someone professional. | 我希望你能允许我去见专业人士 |
[00:27] | You know I’m committed to my government post– | 你也知道我很看重自己作为财政部长 |
[00:30] | The Secretary of the Treasury. | 在政府机关的官职 |
[00:31] | But, I do like to keep an eye peeled for opportunities. | 但是 我确实也想寻找机会 |
[00:35] | We need a strategic partnership. | 我们需要一个战略伙伴 |
[00:37] | Brian Dana’s the right partner for this project. | 布赖恩·达纳是适合这个项目的合伙人 |
[00:39] | Taylor needs to be the one to crush it. | 这单生意必须得由泰勒搞砸 |
[00:41] | That will be the most devastating blow. | 那才是最致命的打击 |
[00:43] | With their dad in town, | 老爹来了 |
[00:44] | they’re working on something together. | 他们一起搞研究 |
[00:45] | Sounds sweet. | 真好 |
[00:46] | Right. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:48] | Could be big too. | 也许能折腾出大动静来 |
[00:50] | Applying for a wiretap. On Charles Rhoades, Senior. | 申请对老查尔斯·罗兹进行窃听 |
[00:52] | Junior, too, actually. | 还有小查尔斯·罗兹 |
[00:53] | FBI observed father and son | 联调局在有关的施工地点 |
[00:55] | on the building site in question. | 拍到他们了父子 |
[01:19] | You said ’emergency.’ | 你说”有急事” |
[01:32] | Look out there. | 看外面 |
[01:34] | It’s a Belgian Malinois. | 那是只比利时玛利诺犬 |
[01:39] | Is that your dog? | 是你的狗吗 |
[01:41] | Neighbour’s. | 邻居的 |
[01:42] | – Is it… – Dead? Yes. | -它… -死了 是的 |
[01:46] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[01:48] | I’ve been drinking. It’s different. | 我是在喝酒 但没醉 |
[01:52] | What the fuck did you do? | 你他妈的做了什么 |
[01:55] | The wife and I had a fight. | 我跟老婆吵架了 |
[02:02] | She decamped to the Baccarat. | 她出去玩百家乐了[一种纸牌赌博] |
[02:04] | That storm earlier? | 之前不是有暴风雨 |
[02:05] | Rain was coming down. It was dark as hell. | 雨下得很大 外面漆黑一片 |
[02:07] | I hear this hanging at the back door, | 我听到后门有声音 |
[02:09] | saw a figure and fired. | 看到有一个黑影我就开枪了 |
[02:12] | It was instinct. I’m a man of action. | 这是本能反应 我是个行动派 |
[02:16] | Why did you call me? | 你为什么给我打电话 |
[02:18] | You’re my Michael Clayton. | 你是我的迈克尔・克莱顿 |
[02:20] | I’m the Attorney General of the State of–No. | 我可是纽约州的检察…不 |
[02:24] | Cops come yet? | 警察过来了吗 |
[02:26] | I’m hoping anyone around who heard the shot, | 我希望附近听到枪声的人 |
[02:29] | they thought it was thunder– | 会以为那是打雷 |
[02:31] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[02:32] | The cops. You know, “They don’t call.” | 是警察 “他们不会事先告知” |
[02:35] | Uh, I can buy us some time, | 我可以争取点时间 |
[02:36] | but we’re in a big fucking jackpot here. | 但我们有麻烦了 |
[02:38] | You’d better engage a lawyer. | 你最好找个律师 |
[02:40] | Try this one. | 试试这位 |
[02:42] | Now I’m gonna go out there and try to make it | 现在我得出去努力一下 |
[02:45] | that you don’t get arrested tonight. | 好让你今晚不被逮捕 |
[02:59] | Oh, hello, officers. | 警官们 你们好 |
[03:00] | Perhaps you recognize me. | 你们可能认出我了 |
[03:07] | Mr. Secretary. | 部长先生 |
[03:10] | Mr. Attorney General. | 司法部长先生 |
[03:12] | Ah, you can call me Jock. | 你可以叫我乔克 |
[03:14] | Jock. | 乔克 |
[03:16] | I always assumed you got your nickname | 我一直以为你有这个昵称 |
[03:18] | because you were an athlete. | 是因为你曾是个运动员 |
[03:19] | Yeah, not exactly. | 并不全是 |
[03:21] | I see that. | 我看出来了 |
[03:27] | Those little flies painted in the basin, | 池子里画的小苍蝇 |
[03:30] | they’re good targets, aren’t they? | 它们是不错的目标 是吧 |
[03:32] | – Indeed. – Yeah, men need targets. | -没错 -是的 男人需要目标 |
[03:35] | Keep things neat. | 能让事情干净整洁 |
[03:36] | Sometimes men become targets. | 有时候人会成为目标 |
[03:41] | No one likes to get pissed on. | 没人喜欢被人尿在身上 |
[03:45] | You should know that you are a target. | 你应该知道你自己就是个目标 |
[03:49] | Chuck Rhoades has you in his sights. | 查克・罗兹盯上你了 |
[03:58] | I’d appreciate any details you could provide. | 我希望你能说明白点 |
[04:02] | Well, I have been singing the tune of the tufted titmouse, | 我一直叽叽喳喳说个不停 |
[04:06] | but now I gotta go silent. | 但现在我得闭嘴了 |
[04:22] | You want some Uova Piccante Purgatorio? | 你想来点地狱辣炒蛋吗 |
[04:26] | – That’s eggs in– – Purgatory, yes. | -其实就是鸡蛋 -地狱辣的那种 我懂 |
[04:28] | But no. | 但是不用了 |
[04:29] | Close enough to that place as it is, Commissioner. | 我已经离地狱不远了 局长 |
[04:32] | That’s why I’m here. | 这正是我来的原因 |
[04:34] | Sure is. | 当然了 |
[04:38] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[04:44] | There it is, huh? | 就是它 是吧 |
[04:46] | The Little League trophy! | 少棒联盟奖杯 |
[04:48] | To the Victor. | 胜者为王 |
[04:49] | You know, I’m glad I was able to help you with that. | 能帮到你我很高兴 |
[04:52] | That thing’s in the rearview. | 这东西已经是历史了 |
[04:53] | I’m already onto next year. | 我已经在准备下一个赛季了 |
[04:57] | Right to it, then. | 那我就直说吧 |
[05:00] | This is why you don’t put a weapon | 这就是为什么 |
[05:02] | in the hands of an amateur. | 武器不能掌握在业余的人手里 |
[05:03] | I suppose we both bear some blame for that. | 我认为在这件事上我们都有责任 |
[05:06] | Unh-unh-unh. I bear nothing. | 不不不 我没有任何责任 |
[05:07] | And you’re gonna make sure of that. | 而且你要确保这一点 |
[05:08] | Yes. And to that end, | 是的 说到这个 |
[05:10] | the neighbor might not yet know his dog is dead. | 那个邻居可能还不知道他的狗死了 |
[05:13] | Even when he finds out, | 即使他发现了 |
[05:15] | he won’t find this. | 他也找不到这个 |
[05:19] | You brought that fucking thing here? | 你把这个鬼东西带到这里来了 |
[05:21] | So we can make it go away. | 这样我们好让它消失 |
[05:22] | Hey, stop with the “we” shit. | 不要再用”我们”这个词了 |
[05:24] | Neither of us should be in the middle of this. | 我们两个都不能参与其中 |
[05:26] | Well, Brogan says I’m his fixer. | 布罗根说我是他的麻烦解决者 |
[05:28] | What, like Michael Clayton? | 什么 像迈克尔・克莱顿一样吗 |
[05:31] | We did get him the carry permit, | 确实是我们给他搞到持枪许可的 |
[05:33] | so it’s reasonable that he believes– | 所以他这样想是有道理的 |
[05:34] | We again! Stop that or I’ll brain ya with the trophy. | 又我们 再说一次我就用那个奖杯打你脑袋 |
[05:40] | What the real Michael Clayton would know is, | 真正的迈克尔・克莱顿会明白 |
[05:43] | we are the exact people who can’t. | 那正是我们做不到的事 |
[05:45] | I can’t. My signature’s on the permit. | 我做不到 许可上有我的签名 |
[05:47] | It’ll look like I’m helping myself. | 看起来像是我在给自己谋利 |
[05:49] | No, counselor. | 不 检察长先生 |
[05:50] | You, alone, have to make this right for all of us. | 你要自己帮我们解决这件事情 |
[05:53] | Because if it comes out that you influence peddled | 因为如果这件事传出去 |
[05:55] | a gun permit that killed a dog, | 说跟你有关的持枪许可杀死了一条狗 |
[05:58] | our reps and our careers are gonna be deader | 我们的名声和饭碗 |
[06:00] | than that poor mutt. | 都会比那个可怜的杂种狗更惨了 |
[06:01] | It was a pure-breed. | 它是纯种的 |
[06:03] | Just like you. | 跟你一样 |
[06:04] | So go fix it. | 那就去解决问题吧 |
[06:07] | Now. | 现在就去 |
[06:08] | Leave me to my damn eggs and gravy. | 让我安心吃我的鸡蛋和肉汤吧 |
[06:15] | Let’s call this off-site to order. | 这个就叫场外指挥吧 |
[06:17] | That’s a little extreme, isn’t it, | 在你的秘密会所见面 |
[06:19] | meeting here in your secret clubhouse? | 这样会不会有点太过了 |
[06:21] | Well, no one needs to see this– | 在我们要给你委派这个 |
[06:23] | or you coming in and out of Axe Cap | 你必须接受的任务的时候 |
[06:25] | while we’re about to give you this task, | 不能让别人看到我们见面 |
[06:26] | should you choose to accept it. | 也不能看见你进出阿克斯资本 |
[06:29] | Besides… | 再说… |
[06:31] | This idea’s a winner for you. | 对你来说这个任务也是共赢 |
[06:32] | Aerospace innovation. | 航天创新领域 |
[06:34] | Plenty of upside, or I wouldn’t have brought it to you. | 项目有巨大潜力 不然我也不会介绍给你 |
[06:36] | Brian Dana, 375Y. He’s the VC partner. | 布赖恩·达纳 375Y 风投合伙人 |
[06:39] | Smart guy, good shop, for his scale. | 人很聪明 以他的投资额来看公司也不错 |
[06:41] | I’m not gonna lie to you. | 我不想瞒着你 |
[06:43] | The developer behind this tech is Douglas Mason. | 这个技术背后的开发者是道格拉斯・梅森 |
[06:47] | Taylor’s father. | 泰勒的父亲 |
[06:51] | Big fucking drop. | 我一下心好凉 |
[06:52] | But it’s a solid play. It’s been vetted. | 但这是个可靠的项目 有保障 |
[06:55] | Vetted for making money | 是保证会赚钱 |
[06:56] | or for making Tayloy’s head explode like in Scanners? | 还是保证会像《夺命凶灵》让泰勒的脑袋爆炸 |
[06:59] | Bit of both. | 两个都有一点 |
[07:02] | Glad to know up front this time. | 这次能提前告诉我 我很高兴 |
[07:04] | And know this up front, | 你还得提前知道这个 |
[07:06] | I’ll lock in a price so that I can buy it from you | 一旦你掌控这个项目 我就会锁仓 |
[07:08] | once you control it, at a healthy profit. | 以一个让你盈利的价格 从你手里买过来 |
[07:12] | So get in there. | 去跟他们接触 |
[07:15] | Make ’em an offer they can’t refuse. | 给他们开个无法拒绝的价格 |
[07:17] | Go in on an entire slate, | 全情投入 打入他们内部 |
[07:18] | so you can disguise the intent. | 你才能隐藏真实目的 |
[07:20] | Oh, I will. | 我会的 |
[07:22] | That’s what I do. | 这是我的强项 |
[07:24] | We have already won. | 我们已经赢了 |
[07:26] | We’ve doubled up. | 初始投资翻倍了 |
[07:27] | Big VC player– Rebecca Cantu– | 重量级风险投资人 丽贝卡・坎图 |
[07:30] | wants to put in a hundred million | 想投资一亿美元 |
[07:31] | and ramp up the timetable to production. | 并加快投产的进度 |
[07:34] | That’s what I’m talking about! | 我说的就是这个 |
[07:35] | People seeing the intrinsic value. | 有人看到了真正的价值 |
[07:37] | What kind of controls will we have? | 我们能得到多少控制权 |
[07:39] | What kind of say when it comes to development, | 具体来说在将来的研发 |
[07:41] | deployment, personnel on a go-forward? | 发行和人事方面要如何划分 |
[07:43] | All to be negotiated. | 一切都可以商量 |
[07:44] | But my father, he’d still be driving the R&D, | 但我的父亲 他将继续领导研发 |
[07:46] | the production– | 生产 |
[07:47] | Exactly What I was going to ask. | 我也想问这个 |
[07:49] | This Rebecca Cantu is clearly a very smart woman. | 这位丽贝卡·坎图绝对是很聪明的女士 |
[07:53] | She’s buying your idea, she’s buying you, right? | 她想要买你的点子 她就是在买你 对吧 |
[07:56] | It’s a good point. | 有道理 |
[07:57] | So you’ll sit with her as soon as we close. | 所以只要一成交她就会跟你会面 |
[07:59] | I imagine the moment she sits with you, | 我能想象到她只要一见到你 |
[08:01] | she’ll realize how crucial you are. | 就能意识到你有多重要 |
[08:03] | “Imagine me and you. I do. | “我想象着你和我在一起 |
[08:06] | Happy together. “ | 幸福地生活在一起” |
[08:07] | Most folks think that’s a love song, | 很多人认为这是首情歌 |
[08:09] | but if you listen closely, you’ll hear it’s about | 但如果你仔细听 你就会发现它唱的是 |
[08:11] | a relationship that never actually happened. | 一段从未发生过的感情 |
[08:15] | The key to unlocking it is that word, “Imagine.” | 其中关键就是这个词”想象” |
[08:20] | Taylor and I are going to step out for a microsecond. | 我和泰勒稍微失陪一下 |
[08:32] | I see where you’re going with this. | 我知道你想要做什么 |
[08:34] | And now is the pause | 你做最后决定前 |
[08:35] | where we think this through before you do. | 现在正是你三思的叫停时间 |
[08:37] | Because we would clear 38% on our investment– | 因为我们能在几个月之内就能收回 |
[08:41] | in a matter of months. | 投资额的38% |
[08:43] | And your father walks with over flve million– | 而你父亲能带着五百万离开 |
[08:46] | The walking part is the problem. | 离开正是问题所在 |
[08:48] | They will broom him– | 他们会把他扫地出门 |
[08:49] | if not right away, then soon enough. | 就算不是立刻也绝不会等太久 |
[08:51] | Returns like this could tell the story of our firm | 像这样的回报率会在将来的五年里 |
[08:53] | for the next five years. | 让我们公司的业绩广为传颂 |
[08:56] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[08:57] | And you were right to pull me out here, | 你把我叫出来是对的 |
[08:58] | so I could have a moment to think, | 这样我就能有时间考虑 |
[09:00] | hear what I need in order to frame the decision. | 权衡不同的意见 以此来做最后的决定 |
[09:19] | This is exciting, but… | 这很令人兴奋 但是 |
[09:20] | Taylor Mason Capital passed. | 泰勒·梅森资本不接受 |
[09:27] | Really? | 什么 |
[09:28] | You pass? How can you pass? | 你不接受 你怎么会拒绝 |
[09:30] | Keeping my father in place is my highest priority | 保住我父亲的位置是我最关注的事 |
[09:32] | and the key to our success. | 也是我们成功的关键 |
[09:34] | If we can’t guarantee that, then there is no deal. | 如果这点无法保证 那就没得谈 |
[09:36] | And if this is just the early action, | 而且如果这只是最开始的报价 |
[09:37] | I’d rather let the interest grow– | 我宁可让大家的兴趣再高涨些 |
[09:38] | we’ll do even better later. | 这样以后会得到更高的出价 |
[09:40] | Okay, Taylor. If that’s what you want to do, | 好吧 泰勒 如果你真这么想 |
[09:41] | that’s what we’ll do. | 我们尊重你的选择 |
[09:47] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[09:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:49] | Taylor chose their father | 泰勒选择了他父亲 |
[09:51] | over the short term hit for their business. | 而不是生意上的短期收益 |
[09:53] | Great stressors can be bonding agents | 巨大压力面前他们会团结得更紧 |
[09:55] | instead of tearing them apart. | 而不是被分裂开 |
[09:57] | And Taylor will feel quite good about themselves right now. | 而且泰勒现在一定对自己很有信心 |
[10:01] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[10:02] | But the other pressure– | 而另一种压力 |
[10:04] | living up to this perfect vision of who they’re trying to be– | 努力成为设想中完美的自己 |
[10:08] | everything to their father– that will build. | 像父亲期望的那样 那个压力会越积越高 |
[10:11] | How fast? | 有多快 |
[10:13] | – Depends. – Can you accelerate it? | -说不好 -你能让它加快进行吗 |
[10:14] | How far do you need me to push this? | 你想让我推进到什么程度 |
[10:16] | – All the fucking way. – You really wanted this, | -最快 -你真的很想做成这件事 |
[10:18] | and I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it happen for you. | 我很抱歉我没能帮你实现 |
[10:20] | No. No, it was a useful attempt. | 不不 试探的效果很好 |
[10:23] | Just showed me there may not be a standard business solution | 正好向我证明了任何正当的商业手段 |
[10:26] | to get Taylor to betray their father. | 都不能让泰勒背叛父亲 |
[10:28] | Well, then I guess we’re done looking for standard solutions. | 那看来我们不用再找正当的解决方法了 |
[10:31] | Goody gumdrops. | 收获不小啊 |
[10:33] | I’ll be at the office. | 我回办公室了 |
[10:34] | Thinking. Planning. | 思考 规划 |
[10:36] | Sure, say it, scheming. | 我直说了 搞阴谋诡计 |
[10:50] | Uh, get you gentlemen anything? | 两位需要点什么吗 |
[10:52] | How are your whiskey stores’? | 你的威士忌商店藏货怎么样 |
[10:54] | Shut for winter. | 冬天不营业 |
[10:55] | Well, hold onto your shtreimels, because I got this done. | 别把你们的裘皮帽吓掉了 这件事我搞定了 |
[11:00] | Purchased your neighbor’s silence for 100K. | 花了十万美金才让你邻居闭嘴 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:04] | Oh, and a new Malinois puppy, | 再加只比利时玛利诺幼犬 |
[11:08] | of show quality. | 要最高品相 |
[11:10] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[11:12] | That’s gonna cost me thousands more. | 那我还要再多花几千美金 |
[11:14] | Especially if I have to jump up the line at a top breeder. | 特别是如果我得在最好的培育者那插队的话 |
[11:21] | Feature me in a beret and I’ll paint you a picture. | 我来当下画家 来给你描绘个画面 |
[11:25] | You’ll do time for illegal discharge of a weapon. | 你会因非法发射枪弹而入狱 |
[11:28] | My public service career will be burnt toast. | 我公务员的仕途会毁于一旦 |
[11:31] | And you’ll be known the world over as a drunken dog-killer. | 而你在全世界人眼中都会是个杀狗的醉鬼 |
[11:37] | Well, when you put it that way, I accept the deal. | 如果你这么说的话 我接受条件 |
[11:46] | – Ready to hit it? – Yeah. | -准备走吗 -好 |
[11:48] | Hey, Bobby, heard you were talking about | 波比 之前听到你们在讨论 |
[11:50] | buying something before, | 买点什么 |
[11:52] | and I’ve been waiting to tell you | 我一直想要告诉你 |
[11:53] | about something like that too. | 跟那类似的一件事 |
[11:55] | Now seems like the best time. | 感觉现在正好是时候 |
[11:57] | I got an offer to sell this place. | 有人出价想买这个地方 |
[11:59] | Had my eye on a property in Florida. | 我看中了佛罗里达的一处房产 |
[12:01] | I can roll the money right into it. | 卖了我就有钱去把它买下 |
[12:04] | They offered me close to a million dollars. | 他们给我出的价将近一百万美元 |
[12:08] | You imagine that? | 你能想象吗 |
[12:09] | An old pacsan like me. | 一个这样的旧店铺 |
[12:11] | Okay. So we’ll open in Florida? | 好吧 那我们在佛罗里达再开张 |
[12:14] | No, kid, can’t. You can’t. | 不 孩子 不行 没办法 |
[12:15] | The water’s not the same so the crust wouldn’t be either. | 水质不同 饼皮也不同 |
[12:18] | Well, I’ll fly in the New York water. | 我给你空运纽约的水 |
[12:19] | People do it. | 有人专门做这个 |
[12:21] | Nah. | 不了 |
[12:23] | You know, beach time for me. | 你知道 我该享受阳光沙滩了 |
[12:26] | Calm, calm. | 平静 宁静的生活 |
[12:28] | Lefs do this. I’ll advance you the money | 这样 我给你垫付钱 |
[12:30] | so you can get that property that you want. | 这样你就能买下你看中的房产 |
[12:32] | Against a purchase price. | 同时不卖掉你的餐厅 |
[12:33] | Meanwhile, you train a replacement for here, | 然后你为这里培训一位接班人 |
[12:36] | spend a couple of months in the winter down there. | 冬天去南边待上一两个月 |
[12:39] | Come back refreshed. | 神清气爽地回来 |
[12:40] | And we plan for, what, five years from now, | 我们计划 大概五年后 |
[12:44] | transition is complete, | 完成全部交接 |
[12:45] | and you’re living down there full time. | 你就能全年住在那边了 |
[12:50] | Yeah, yeah. | 行 行 |
[12:51] | Sure, Bobby, if you think that’s the way that’s best. | 好吧波比 如果你认为那是最好地方法 |
[12:53] | – Yeah. – Good. | -行 -很好 |
[12:54] | Okay, good. It’s settled. Good. | 那好 就这么决定 很好 |
[12:56] | And we’ll work out a number. | 之后我们讨论具体数字 |
[12:58] | Whatever you think. | 随你决定 |
[13:02] | You should head back to the city ahead of me. | 你先赶回市区吧 |
[13:04] | I’ll catch up later. | 我一会赶来 |
[13:06] | All right. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[13:09] | I need to use the back office for the next few hours. | 接下来的几个小时我得用下你后面的办公室 |
[13:11] | Go right in there. Help yourself. | 你去吧 随便用 |
[13:12] | – All right. – Sure. | -好的 -没问题 |
[13:17] | So, are you downsizing? | 你是想换个小点的房子吗 |
[13:20] | Uh, no. It’s… | 不 只是 |
[13:23] | Right now, a change feels necessary. | 现在觉得是时候做点改变 |
[13:25] | I understand. We’ll find just the buyer. | 我理解 我们会找到买家 |
[13:27] | I’ll let you know what price I recommend. | 我会告诉你我推荐的报价 |
[13:29] | This place will be a hit on Zillow. | 这房子会大受欢迎 |
[13:31] | You’re going to do very well when we sell. | 等我们出手时你一定会大赚一笔 |
[13:33] | Great. | 很好 |
[13:44] | We haven’t listed it yet. | 我们还没正式发布出售信息 |
[13:45] | I sure hope not. | 我衷心希望还没有 |
[13:47] | But I did ask her to come over and put a value on it, | 但我确实邀请她来给房子估价 |
[13:50] | a price at which she thinks it’ll move. | 给我一个她认为合理的价格 |
[13:52] | I don’t remember us talking about this. | 我不记得我们讨论过这事 |
[13:55] | Oh, I know why. Because we didn’t. | 我知道为什么 因为我们没讨论过 |
[14:00] | I don’t want to blow up our family. | 我不想拆散我们的家庭 |
[14:01] | Or accept that you did. | 或是接受是你拆散了它 |
[14:02] | But I don’t see us staying intact here | 但我不觉得我们在那些事后 |
[14:05] | after everything that’s happened. | 还能住在一起 |
[14:08] | I mean, you sent us out of this very house, | 你让我们离开这个房子 |
[14:10] | that another woman could come in and… | 好让另一个女人进来并且 |
[14:12] | Using our house was your idea. | 使用我们的房子是你的主意 |
[14:15] | You didn’t have to say yes to it. | 你可以不同意那个主意的 |
[14:19] | But that’s not nearly all. | 但这还不是全部 |
[14:23] | This place doesn’t feel | 这地方现在对我来说 |
[14:24] | very much like a home to me right now. | 感觉不太像个家 |
[14:31] | I know that feeling. | 我了解这个感觉 |
[14:35] | It’s how I felt, often, growing up. | 我成长过程中常有的感觉 |
[14:42] | I promised myself I’d never create an environment where… | 我向自己发誓永远不要制造这样的… |
[14:50] | Have I ever told you the pancake eater story? | 我跟你讲过吃煎饼的人的故事吗 |
[14:54] | No, I’d remember the name of something like that. | 没 我听过这名字的话不会忘记的 |
[14:56] | Yes, you would. | 对 你不会 |
[15:02] | Sundays as a kid, | 小时候的周日 |
[15:05] | it was when we were the closest thing | 是我们最接近 |
[15:06] | to what most folks would consider a family. | 常人心目中的家庭的时刻 |
[15:10] | I’d wake up to the smell of pancakes and bacon | 我醒来就会闻到煎饼和培根的香气 |
[15:13] | inundating the apartment. | 弥漫在房间里 |
[15:17] | My mother always gave the girl the day off on Sundays. | 我妈总是给家里的女佣周日放假 |
[15:21] | That’s how she’d put it anyway. | 她就是想要这么做 |
[15:22] | And took great pride in preparing | 并且为制造出这种香气 |
[15:25] | this incredible spread. | 非常自豪 |
[15:27] | Orange juice, fresh squeezed in a carafe. | 放在敞口玻璃瓶里的鲜榨橙汁 |
[15:29] | The effect was stunning. | 效果棒极了 |
[15:31] | And as my mother put out these perfectly prepared pancakes– | 然后我妈把这些煎得很完美 |
[15:35] | pat of butter on top, syrup running down the sides | 上面涂了黄油 侧面溢出糖浆的煎饼 |
[15:38] | right on the plate, | 放在盘子里 |
[15:39] | Dad would sit down with the paper, | 我爸会拿着报纸坐下来 |
[15:41] | at the head of the table, and he’d tell her, | 坐在餐桌首位 然后他会告诉她 |
[15:43] | and me, that–oh, ho– this– | 和我 这啊 |
[15:48] | this was living. | 这就是生活 |
[15:51] | Oh, Chuck, it’s spooky when you do that. | 查克 你这么说真是惊悚 |
[15:53] | You sound just like him. | 你听起来特别像他 |
[15:56] | Look like him, too– Maybe don’t do it again. | 看起来也像他 别再这么做了 |
[15:58] | Spooky parts coming. | 惊悚的部分来了 |
[16:01] | Usually, he’d congratulate her on the effort. | 通常 他会为她的努力恭维她 |
[16:04] | Thank her, | 感谢她 |
[16:05] | let her know that, uh, | 让她知道 |
[16:07] | this was his ideal way to spend a Sunday. | 这是他度过周日的完美方式 |
[16:12] | And as you might infer, | 如你所能想象的 |
[16:13] | this brought me great lightness. | 这让我非常愉快 |
[16:16] | A respite from the norm. | 是日常地狱中的一次喘息 |
[16:18] | But then, uh, maybe once a year, perhaps twice, | 但然后 大概一年有那么一两次 |
[16:22] | upon landing at his seat, but before sitting, | 在他要坐下来 但还没坐的时候 |
[16:25] | a scowl would come across his face. | 他就会皱起眉头 |
[16:29] | And my father would | 然后我父亲会 |
[16:31] | sweep the bacon, carafe of juice | 一把将培根 鲜榨果汁 |
[16:35] | and, yes, those perfect pancakes, off the table | 还有那些完美的煎饼从桌子上扫下去 |
[16:38] | and onto the floor in a fit of rage. | 愤怒的都推到地上 |
[16:41] | And he’d look at my cowering mother and scream, | 然后他会看着我瑟缩的母亲 大喊 |
[16:45] | “What the hell do I look like, a goddamned pancake eater’?” | “难道我看起来像喜欢吃该死的煎饼的人吗” |
[16:49] | And then he’d storm out. | 然后他会气冲冲地出去 |
[16:53] | And my mother would fall to pieces | 我妈会崩溃 |
[16:56] | even as she scrambled to clean it all up and put it away. | 但她还会艰难地把这些收拾干净丢掉 |
[17:00] | She’d spend the rest of the day | 她当天余下的时光 |
[17:02] | fretting over what she’d done to set him off, | 都会苦恼到底她做了什么惹他生气 |
[17:05] | and hoping he’d come home. | 并希望他能回家 |
[17:09] | And eventually, he would. | 最后他会回家来 |
[17:12] | And she’d apologize to him. | 然后她会向他道歉 |
[17:18] | Good lord. | 上帝啊 |
[17:19] | Yeah, that’s not the punchline. | 这还不是最厉害的 |
[17:21] | No, the punchline is the night | 最厉害的是有天晚上 |
[17:23] | when I was about eight-years-old, | 在我大概八岁的时候 |
[17:25] | and he came into my room, | 他走进我的房间 |
[17:27] | after one of these fractions momings. | 就在其中一个破碎的早晨之后 |
[17:29] | “You know why I did what I did, Sonny? | “你知道我为什么要做那些事吗 儿子” |
[17:33] | Keep things fresh and exciting for her. | “是为了让她的生活保持新鲜刺激” |
[17:37] | So she doesn’t take it all for granted. | “这样她就不会把一切看作理所当然” |
[17:40] | And to make her appreciate | “还能让她对那些” |
[17:41] | the Sundays I don’t break it all apart. | “我不曾破坏的早晨心存感激” |
[17:43] | A woman has a subconscious desire to be dominated. | “女人潜意识里就渴望被支配” |
[17:46] | Remember that. Use it” | “记住这点 利用好” |
[17:51] | That’s where I come from, Wend. | 这就是我出生的家庭 温蒂 |
[17:58] | I don’t get violent, throw things or cheat. | 我没有变得暴力 不丢东西也不出轨 |
[18:01] | But I can’t seem to be normal either. | 但我也没法再正常起来了 |
[18:07] | I’m trying though. | 尽管我在努力 |
[18:09] | As hard as I know how. | 尽我所知道的一切方法努力 |
[18:13] | And I implore you, | 并且我请求你 |
[18:16] | don’t put our home up for sale. | 别卖掉我们的房子 |
[18:18] | But rather work with me, | 同我一起努力 |
[18:20] | love me as I do you, | 爱我如同我爱你 |
[18:23] | and, uh, let’s find our way back. | 让我们一起破镜重圆 |
[18:33] | I’m touched by you going this deep. | 你这么掏心挖肺 我很感动 |
[18:35] | This excavation. | 这次心声吐露 |
[18:36] | I understand what it takes to go there and pull it out. | 我理解你做到这一步 把这个说出来多难 |
[18:43] | And I want that all to be enough… | 我也希望这样就够了… |
[18:47] | And maybe it would’ve been if you told me | 也许在你自己在电视上 |
[18:48] | before your own pancake eater moment on TV, | 告诉全世界你自己的煎饼事件之前 |
[18:51] | in front of the whole world. | 先给我说这个就够了 |
[18:52] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[18:55] | – But can you just– – I’m trying to. | -但你能不 -我在努力 |
[18:58] | The best I know how. | 尽我所知道的一切方法努力 |
[19:00] | But I can’t promise you anything, Chuck. | 但我无法对你承诺任何事 查克 |
[19:13] | Your mother’s gonna love this place. | 你妈会喜欢这个地方的 |
[19:15] | She’ll think it too expensive. | 她会觉得这里太贵了 |
[19:18] | Do you? | 你觉得吗 |
[19:19] | I wouldn’t have offered it to you if I did. | 我觉得贵就不会让你搬入这里 |
[19:21] | Besides, the company will pay for it. | 另外 公司会为这里付钱 |
[19:21] | Perhaps it should. | 也应该这样 |
[19:26] | It’s exactly what I needed. | 这正是我所需要的 |
[19:29] | Enough room to pace. | 充足的踱步空间 |
[19:31] | Enough buildings and sky to induce productive ideation. | 足够的可以激发创造性灵感的建筑和天空 |
[19:35] | And it will convince Mom, as well, I hope. | 我希望这也能说服我妈 |
[19:38] | I can’t wait for her to be here, too, actually. | 实际上我都等不及让她也在这里了 |
[19:40] | Feelings she also holds. | 她和我感受一致 |
[19:43] | I can’t tell you the number of times | 我都说不清有多少次 |
[19:44] | she wanted us to come visit. | 她希望我们能来拜访 |
[19:46] | I just wasn’t… | 我就是没 |
[19:51] | It’s good you’re ready now. | 你现在准备好了就好 |
[19:53] | Yeah it is | 的确 |
[19:58] | Reunited and it feels so good. | 重新团聚感觉很好 |
[20:02] | Dad, did you just quote a pop song? | 爸 你刚引用了一首流行歌曲吗 |
[20:06] | I guess it’s catching. | 挺好听的 |
[20:16] | I come bearing my war club, to join with yours. | 我带着战队来同你的联合 |
[20:19] | Who are we bludgeoning? | 我们要打谁 |
[20:22] | I’m here to tell you that our interests | 我来这里是告诉你我们的利益 |
[20:24] | are finally 100 percent aligned. | 终于百分之百重合 |
[20:26] | Yeah. I got that part. Who? | 我明白这个 是谁 |
[20:28] | Chuck Rhoades knows about my Cayman Islands activity. | 查克·罗兹知道了我在开曼群岛的活动 |
[20:32] | We can take him out together. | 我们可以一起除去他 |
[20:34] | Its what you’ve always wanted. | 你一直想这么干 |
[20:36] | Ah, so that dogged prosecutor has picked up your scent. | 所以那个执着的检察官盯上了你 |
[20:39] | – Not fun, is it? – No. | -不好玩 对吧 -对 |
[20:41] | Got that river of sweat running down your crack | 冷汗潺潺而落 如同一个 |
[20:43] | like a bombing comedian’? | 冷场的喜剧演员是吧 |
[20:45] | Yes. Mm | 对 |
[20:47] | Will you help me? | 你愿意帮我吗 |
[20:48] | Of course, Todd. | 当然 托德 |
[20:50] | You merely had to ask. | 只要你开口 |
[20:51] | Shall we prick our thumbs and bleed them together | 我们要刺破手指 像汤姆和哈克一样 |
[20:53] | like Tom and Huck’? | 贴在一起 |
[20:54] | You know, to become blood brothers? | 歃血盟誓吗 |
[20:57] | I feel we already have. | 我感觉我们已经是了 |
[21:01] | Jesus, that pizza smells sweet. | 天啊 那披萨闻起来真棒 |
[21:03] | Can I get a slice to go? | 我能带一片走吗 |
[21:05] | I’ll trade you a whole pie, | 我整个都给你 |
[21:07] | plus solve your Rhoades problems, | 另外还解决你的罗兹麻烦 |
[21:09] | for an introduction to a certain guy who works for your outfit. | 条件是给我介绍给一位在你部门工作的人 |
[21:12] | Yeah, anybody. Who? | 行 谁都行 谁 |
[21:14] | Robert Beaufort. | 罗伯特·鲍福尔特 |
[21:16] | Hard Bob Beaufort, uh. | 死硬鲍勃·鲍福尔特 |
[21:18] | He brooks no bullshit. | 他容不下邪门歪道 |
[21:20] | But sure. I’ll make the intro. | 不过没问题 我来介绍 |
[21:22] | You’ll have to take it from there. | 后面的事就看你自己了 |
[21:25] | Then I’ll go get that pizza. | 那我去给你拿披萨饼 |
[21:27] | Make it Sicilian. | 来份西西里披萨吧 |
[21:43] | I don’t have much experience with this. | 这方面我没什么经验 |
[21:46] | Picking out fumiture? | 挑家具吗 |
[21:47] | With setting my parents up in a place. | 安置我的父母 |
[21:49] | Getting it fumished. All of it. | 布置家具 所有这些 |
[21:50] | And, yes, I want to use your eye for style. | 没错 我想借助你的眼光和品位 |
[21:54] | You have a great and specific sense of style yourself. | 其实你自己的品位很独特 很好 |
[21:58] | Thank you. But they don’t necessarily share my– | 谢谢 但是他们不一定认同我的… |
[22:02] | I’m closer in age to them than you are. | 我的年龄与他们更接近 |
[22:04] | Yes, but you’re not like them at all. | 是的 但你和他们完全不一样 |
[22:07] | If they were here, all they’d notice is what things cost. | 如果他们来这 他们的注意力都是在价格上 |
[22:09] | Argue about it. | 争论来争论去 |
[22:10] | Instead of noticing how these things might make them feel. | 而不会去注意这些东西能给他们带来什么感觉 |
[22:13] | How the clean lines and angles | 这些简洁的线条和轮廓 |
[22:14] | make for a calm, ideal environment. | 是如何可以创造出宁静理想的环境的 |
[22:17] | Yet you’re clear you want them here. | 但你很确定你想让他们过来 |
[22:19] | I do. But it’ll be different. | 我想 但会不一样 |
[22:21] | It is. | 就是不一样 |
[22:23] | It’s a good thing. | 这样挺好 |
[22:25] | Family. | 家人 |
[22:26] | For you. | 对你来说 |
[22:29] | But that doesn’t mean it’ll be easy. | 但那并不意味着一切会很容易 |
[22:32] | Or should be. | 或者应该很容易 |
[22:33] | Like when someone–man, woman, whomever–has a baby. | 就好像有人有了小孩 不管是男人还是女人 |
[22:38] | It’s undoubtedly good, but it’s not cost neutral. | 这毫无疑问是好事 但并不是没有代价的 |
[22:41] | Family creates obligation and stress, | 家庭会产生义务和压力 |
[22:45] | distraction, pain, vulnerability. | 让人分心 痛苦 软弱 |
[22:48] | I mean, the hope is that the connection, | 我是说 希望所获得的家人之间的亲情 |
[22:50] | the shared history, the love matters more. | 共同经历的历程 彼此的爱 更重要 |
[22:53] | Some people use it as a brand new source of motivation. | 有人把它当做新的动力来源 |
[22:56] | They do. | 没错 |
[22:58] | Then I guess I do see it that way. | 那我想我也是这么看的 |
[22:59] | That’s the justification. | 那就是做这些的道理 |
[23:01] | We have a new start at a family. | 我们的家庭开始了新的篇章 |
[23:02] | And I really want it to work. | 我非常希望能成功 |
[23:05] | Then I’m sure it will. | 我相信一定会的 |
[23:07] | And whatever cost will be small enough to not even matter. | 而不管代价如何 都可以忽略不计 |
[23:11] | In the grand scheme. | 在更大的图景前 |
[23:14] | Mr. Beaufort, come on in. | 进来吧 鲍福尔特先生 |
[23:19] | They call me “Hard Bob,” and you know why? | 他们叫我”死硬鲍勃” 你知道为什么吗 |
[23:22] | I have an idea. | 我有点概念 |
[23:23] | ‘Cause I brook no bullshit. | 因为我受不了邪门歪道 |
[23:26] | Neither do I. | 我也是 |
[23:27] | Now the reason I wanted to talk to you | 我想跟你聊聊的原因是 |
[23:29] | is because I have something of a special favor. | 我有个特别的好事 |
[23:31] | I only took this meeting because the Secretary asked me to. | 我和你见面只是因为部长让我来 |
[23:34] | But that doesn’t mean I have to do what you ask | 但这可不意味着我必须要按你说的去做 |
[23:36] | or even listen to your ask. | 甚至我都不需要听你说想要做什么 |
[23:40] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[23:47] | Sonny. | 儿子 |
[23:48] | Hello, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[23:50] | Is this the daily “I love you” call? | 是每日问候说我爱你的电话吗 |
[23:53] | Son, I have neither time nor inclination | 儿子 我既没有那功夫也没有想法 |
[23:55] | to dicker around with protestations of emotion. | 来表达什么感情 |
[23:57] | If you need my words as reassurance of affection… | 如果你需要我来用语言来肯定我的爱… |
[24:01] | Oh, no, no. No, sir. | 不 不用了 父亲 |
[24:02] | Your feelings are made manifest with each interaction. | 您的感情已经在每一次互动中表达得很清楚了 |
[24:05] | I should hope so. | 希望如此 |
[24:08] | Now, look. | 听着 |
[24:09] | I have run into a financing snag with my development. | 我的开发工程遇到了融资方面的问题 |
[24:14] | Banks used to be set up by gentlemen, for gentlemen. | 银行过去是绅士设立 服务于绅士的 |
[24:18] | 查尔斯·基廷 伯纳德·麦道夫 美国历史上著名金融腐败或诈骗案的主犯 | |
[24:18] | But a couple of Keatings and Madoffs behave unscrupulously, | 但是因为基廷 麦道夫这样行为不端的人 |
[24:22] | and now the personal touch, the respect, is gone. | 现在个人之见的情谊 尊重 都没了 |
[24:26] | Banks hav — have become businesses without souls. | 银行变成了没有人情味的商业工具 |
[24:30] | I’m pretty sure banks never had souls, Dad. | 我肯定银行从来就没有人情味 爸 |
[24:32] | What’s the problem? | 到底是什么问题 |
[24:33] | They want too much collateral. | 他们要的抵押资产太多了 |
[24:35] | Assets that I’ve otherwise outlaid. | 而资产我已经用在别处了 |
[24:38] | Now, I know you have some banking contacts these days. | 我知道你在银行有些关系 |
[24:42] | Highly placed. | 很高的关系 |
[24:43] | If l could find some favorable terms– | 如果我能拿到些不错的条件… |
[24:45] | And you want to discuss this with me here, | 你想和我在这里说这个 |
[24:47] | while I’m at the epicenter of New York law? | 在我身处纽约司法界震中的时候 |
[24:51] | While I’m in the Attorney General’s very chair. | 在我身为检察长的时候 |
[24:54] | I’m talking to you as a son, not the AG. | 我是和我的儿子说话 不是检察长 |
[24:58] | And you know how you know that? | 你知道从哪儿能看出来吗 |
[25:00] | Because I would never tell some random AG | 因为我不会跟随便什么检察长 |
[25:04] | how much I love him. | 说我有多爱他 |
[25:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:10] | Fine, old man, | 好吧 老爹 |
[25:11] | I’ll try to help. | 我会尽力想办法 |
[25:12] | Know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[25:14] | Because I love you, too. | 因为我也爱你 |
[25:18] | Oh, for the love o’ Christ. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[25:36] | So how are we going to skin this– | 那我们要如何剥了这… |
[25:42] | Who we looking to field dress, Secretary Krakow? | 我们要给谁开膛破肚啊 克拉科夫部长 |
[25:45] | You sold me over, you son of a bitch. | 你出卖了我 你个王八蛋 |
[25:47] | That’s a very untextured way of thinking, Todd. | 这样想就太离谱了 托德 |
[25:51] | Don’t do it. | 别走 |
[25:55] | I know this isn’t what you were looking for. | 我知道这不是你想要的 |
[25:58] | But this is the best– and only– | 可一旦你进入了执法者的视线以后 |
[25:59] | option out there for you | 对你来说 这是最好的 |
[26:00] | once you ended up on law enforcement radar. | 也是唯一的出路 |
[26:03] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[26:05] | And it won’t be all bad. | 而且不会都是坏事的 |
[26:14] | Now have a seat, Mr. Secretary, we have much to discuss. | 坐吧 部长先生 我们有好多要聊的 |
[26:17] | Starting with your activities in the tropics | 从你在热带地区的活动开始 |
[26:20] | but perhaps ending with you a free man, | 但可能会以你全身而退 |
[26:23] | without any harm to your future prospects or reputation. | 未来前途 名誉都毫发无损而终 |
[26:27] | See? Not all bad. | 看看 不全是坏事 |
[26:32] | Okay, counselor. Hit me. | 好吧 律师 来吧 |
[26:48] | It’ll be a couple of weeks until the long form contracts | 距离正式合同的签署还要有 |
[26:51] | are ready to be signed, but– | 两周的时间 但… |
[26:52] | I’m eager to proceed. I don’t want paperwork | 我迫不及待要继续了 我不想让书面工作 |
[26:54] | to stop us from making certain project deadlines. | 妨碍我们赶上项目的某些节点 |
[26:57] | Great. If we can start ordering the materials and equipment– | 很好 如果我们能开始订材料和设备… |
[27:02] | God, I hate interrupting. | 我真不想打扰 |
[27:03] | But some guy from the government is here | 但有个政府的人在这 |
[27:04] | and kind of demanding to see you. | 要求见你们 |
[27:10] | Hello, folks. | 你们好 |
[27:12] | I’m Robert Beaufort. | 我是罗伯特·鲍福尔特 |
[27:13] | I’m from the Bureau of Industry and Security. | 我是工业和安全局的 |
[27:17] | 美国商务部工业和安全局 罗伯特·鲍福尔特 局长 | |
[27:19] | I’ve become aware of your tech | 我从我专利局的老同事那边 |
[27:20] | from my brethren over in the Patent Office. | 知道了你们的技术 |
[27:24] | In fact, they stuck a flag in it | 实际上 他们插了个小旗子 |
[27:26] | and fired it over to me in the old pneumatic tube. | 然后从老式的气动导管里给我发过来的 |
[27:32] | Being humorous. We don’t use the tubes. | 开个玩笑 我们不用导管 |
[27:35] | They emailed me. | 他们发邮件给我的 |
[27:36] | Anyhow, we’re going to need to hold up any production plans. | 不管怎样 我们需要暂停你们的生产计划 |
[27:39] | That’s an insane request. | 这要求太过分了 |
[27:40] | This is intended for private sector, non military use. | 这是给私营领域里使用的 不会用于军事 |
[27:43] | This is not a request. | 这不是要求 |
[27:45] | This is sensitive technology | 这是很敏感的技术 |
[27:47] | with national defense and security implications. | 关乎国防和安全 |
[27:50] | My understanding of the Bureau’s–your department’s role | 我想工业和安全局 您的部门的作用 |
[27:52] | is to aid and support innovation in the private sector. | 是帮助和促进私营领域里的创新 |
[27:55] | It can be, and it is. | 可以是这样 也确实是 |
[27:57] | But above that our mandate is security, | 但在此之上 我们的使命是安全 |
[27:59] | especially when it comes to the export of sensitive technology. | 特别是在出口敏感技术的方面 |
[28:03] | We have, under authority of the government, | 我们有政府赋予我们的权力 |
[28:05] | the power to seize and control said tech | 以国家安全的名义 |
[28:07] | in the name of our nation’s safety. | 可以没收和控制上述技术 |
[28:09] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[28:10] | We have determined that US 18/287,134 | 我们已确认US18/287-134这项技术 |
[28:14] | is vital to national security at this time. | 目前对国家安全至关重要 |
[28:18] | You do have the right to challenge | 你们有权在行政诉讼中 |
[28:20] | at an administrative proceeding. | 提出异议 |
[28:21] | If we do that, the tech gets public. | 我们那么做的话 就要把这项技术公开 |
[28:24] | Exactly. Which is why we prefer | 没错 这也是为什么我们更倾向于 |
[28:26] | to forgo the hearings | 放弃听证会 |
[28:27] | and the attendant publicity. | 避免随之而来的技术公开 |
[28:29] | We do in extraordinary cases like this | 遇到这样的特例 |
[28:32] | offer to cover R&D spending to date, | 我们会支付到目前为止所有的研发支出 |
[28:35] | plus an 8% premium on investment | 你们签了保密协议 |
[28:36] | for an NDA on the matter. | 我们还会支付百分之八的投资溢价 |
[28:39] | We’re going to need an opinion of counsel before any– | 我们要先听听律师的意见 |
[28:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:42] | Didn’t expect anything signed today. | 我也没有指望你们今天就签字 |
[28:45] | I will, however, leave you with this. | 不过我会把这个留给你们 |
[28:49] | This is an order outlining which materials | 这道命令列出了 |
[28:52] | I expect to be turned over immediately. | 你们需要立刻上交的材料 |
[28:57] | You have my card. | 名片给你们了 |
[28:59] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们保持联络 |
[29:03] | Listen, folks, my investment is entirely contingent | 朋友们 我是否投资完全取决于 |
[29:07] | upon you making this problem disappear. | 你们能不能解决这个问题 |
[29:10] | Instantly. | 并且要立刻解决 |
[29:13] | I’ve got a meeting. | 我还有个会 |
[29:19] | Shit. This was Bobby Axelrod. | 可恶 这是波比·阿克斯罗德干的 |
[29:30] | Holy fuck this one felt good. | 妈的 这种感觉真是太好了 |
[29:34] | You think about how to entice a man. | 要想诱惑一个男人 |
[29:36] | What he loves. | 投其所好 |
[29:37] | Of course, it all starts with girls and money. | 首先要用的当然是女人和金钱 |
[29:40] | But it gets more complicated from there– | 之后的事会变得有点复杂 |
[29:41] | yeah, cars, property, jobs, | 汽车 房产 工作 |
[29:44] | access to special doctors, | 可以看好医生 |
[29:47] | schools for their kids, life dreams, goals. | 安排孩子上学 人生梦想 目标等等 |
[29:50] | You know, sometimes it even gets spiritual– | 有时候还要涉及精神层面的东西 |
[29:51] | Vatican tours, with the Pope washing their feet, | 去梵蒂冈旅行 让教皇为他们洗脚 |
[29:53] | meeting the Dalai Lama, whatever. | 还有见达赖喇嘛之类的 |
[29:56] | And in this case? | 那这个人呢 |
[29:57] | Was it Vatican City? | 是梵蒂冈吗 |
[29:58] | This case? Oh, no. | 这个人 不是的 |
[29:59] | This case, no, it turned out to be girls and money. | 这个人用女人和金钱就可以搞定了 |
[30:06] | Hard Bob Beaufort is a film fan. | 死硬鲍勃·鲍福尔特是个黄片影迷 |
[30:09] | Turns out, he really loves the classics. | 他其实很喜欢那些经典的片子 |
[30:12] | Ladies, | 女士们 |
[30:14] | this is Hard Bob. | 这位是死硬鲍勃 |
[30:17] | Hello, Hard Bob. | 你好 死硬鲍勃 |
[30:18] | I’m Lisa Ann. | 我是丽莎·安 |
[30:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:22] | I know. And you’re– | 我认识你 你是 |
[30:24] | That’s right, Hard Bob, I am. | 没错 死硬鲍勃 就是我 |
[30:29] | Well, this is not the zoo, Hard Bob. | 死硬鲍勃 这里可不是动物园 |
[30:32] | You can come as close as you want. | 你想走多近就可以走多近 |
[30:40] | Look at this picture. | 看看这张照片 |
[30:44] | Really look at it. | 好好看看 |
[30:48] | Mr. Vivian. | 维维安先生 |
[30:49] | Uh, may I call you Shel? | 我可以叫你谢尔吗 |
[30:51] | Shelby. Sure. | 可以 叫我谢尔比 |
[30:53] | Mr. Eisen here is a trusted friend. | 这位艾森先生是我信任的朋友 |
[30:55] | And when he asked if I could see you, I said yes. | 他问我能不能见你的时候 我说可以 |
[30:58] | But I fail to see– | 不过我没明白… |
[30:59] | Well, I can see how special the animal was, | 我知道这只狗有多么特别 |
[31:02] | but I can’t see how I have anything to do with this matter. | 但我不知道我跟这件事有什么关系 |
[31:05] | You can’t, Mr. Rhoades? | 你不明白吗 罗兹先生 |
[31:07] | Can I call you Charles? | 我能叫你查尔斯吗 |
[31:09] | Chuck. | 叫我查克 |
[31:11] | Chuck. Sure. | 好的 查克 |
[31:14] | Well, Eisen here wants me to settle for 100K. | 艾森让我接受十万美元 |
[31:18] | You did settle for 100K. | 你已经接受了十万美元 |
[31:19] | I have the papers. Signed. | 我有你签了字的文件 |
[31:21] | And I gave you a check. | 我还给了你一张支票 |
[31:23] | Here’s that check right back at you. | 我把支票带来还给你 |
[31:26] | And here’s another picture for you to look at, Chuck, | 查克 你还要看一下这张照片 |
[31:31] | which might tell the story | 它或许可以解释 |
[31:33] | as to why I am in your office. | 为什么我会来你的办公室 |
[31:38] | I know what this whole thing is. | 我知道这是怎么回事 |
[31:42] | Cover up. | 掩盖事实 |
[31:43] | – No such thing. – That’s a wildly overblown term. | -没有这回事 -说这种话也太过分了 |
[31:46] | Look. | 你们看 |
[31:51] | The loss of my Charlemagne | 失去我的查理曼大帝 |
[31:53] | was worth more than the 100,000 and a new puppy. | 可不是十万美元和一只新的狗狗就能弥补的 |
[32:00] | How much more? | 你还要多少 |
[32:03] | I get 250,000 dollars, or I go public, | 二十五万美元 否则我就把内幕公开 |
[32:06] | way public, with this whole damn conspiracy. | 把所有的阴谋全部公开 |
[32:09] | There is no conspiracy… Shelby. | 根本没有什么阴谋 谢尔比 |
[32:13] | But I see how pained you are. | 但我明白你有多痛苦 |
[32:15] | And I’m moved by it. | 我很受感动 |
[32:18] | Mr. Eisen here will get with Mr. Brogan | 艾森先生会跟布罗根先生取得联系 |
[32:20] | and produce the amount required. | 并提供你所要求的金额 |
[32:35] | Just got off the phone with the lawyer. | 刚跟律师通过电话 |
[32:37] | She said What we’re facing is similar to eminent domain. | 她说我们的处境类似于政府土地征收权 |
[32:39] | They can do it, we can push back. | 他们有权这么做 我们可以拒绝 |
[32:41] | – Can we win? – She says maybe. | -我们能赢吗 -她说有可能 |
[32:42] | How long will it take? | 需要多长的时间 |
[32:46] | Two and a half, three years. | 两年半或三年 |
[32:52] | I spun like Katarina Witt | 卡特琳娜·维特在萨拉热窝比赛时旋转了多久 |
[32:54] | in Sarajevo | 我就打听了多久 |
[32:54] | but there’s nothing new out there ready to come on board. | 但现在没有新的投资人想要投资入伙 |
[32:58] | I made the rounds with our current investors, too. | 我跟现有的投资人都取得了联系 |
[33:00] | We may lose some. | 有的人可能要撤资 |
[33:03] | I need to sit with the Firefighters. | 我要跟消防员基金会面谈 |
[33:04] | Get me a meeting with Ken Shaddock. | 帮我和肯·沙道克安排一个会议 |
[33:16] | Your ex-protege is a hell of a businessperson. | 你的前任门徒真是个了不得的商人 |
[33:20] | Sniffing out the initial trap was smart. | 能嗅出第一道陷阱 还挺聪明的 |
[33:22] | They are indeed. | 没错 |
[33:24] | That’s what’s gonna make it so rewarding | 因此 等到这个人做出明智的商业决定 |
[33:25] | when they take the smart business decision | 却把自己的父亲击垮 |
[33:27] | to crush their father. | 我就会得到极大的满足感 |
[33:29] | Because What they won’t know, until it’s too late, | 因为到了覆水难收的时候这个人才会明白 |
[33:32] | is how hollow it will make them feel. | 这么做会让自己的内心无比空虚 |
[33:38] | Uh, remind me to never stab you in the back. | 你要提醒我 永远不要在你背后捅刀子 |
[33:41] | Consider yourself reminded. | 我已经提醒过你了 |
[33:44] | What’s that you’re devouring | 你又把哪家公司给吃了 |
[33:45] | like a gluten-free croissant over there? | 像在吃一个无麸质的可颂面包似的 |
[33:47] | Oh, kiss my ass. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[33:48] | You know I don’t fuck with gluten-free. | 你知道我是不在乎无麸质这种事的 |
[33:50] | And this is my next thing. | 这是我下一个项目 |
[33:52] | Saler’s department stores. | 塞勒氏百货商店 |
[33:54] | That chain’s like a wheezing elephant | 这个连锁品牌像是一只苟延残喘的大象 |
[33:56] | ready to stumble to its knees. | 随时会倒下 |
[33:57] | Uh, until I get a hold of it | 到了我的手里就不会了 |
[33:59] | and hit it in the ass with a giant shot of B-12. | 我会在它屁股上狠狠地打上一针维生素B12 |
[34:02] | You’re gonna restore it to its former glory? | 你打算帮他重现昔日的辉煌 |
[34:03] | Oh, you’re fucking right I am. | 那他妈是必须的 |
[34:05] | There’s a lot of debt against it, babe. | 这家公司债台高筑 宝贝 |
[34:07] | – It’s not gonna be easy. – Well, I don’t do easy. | -这条路很难走的 -我不走寻常路 |
[34:09] | If l wanted that I’d move to Florida | 否则我就会搬到佛罗里达 |
[34:11] | and work on my tan with Bruno. | 跟布鲁诺一起晒太阳了 |
[34:13] | Yeah. | 也对 |
[34:16] | It’s good that he seemed happy with what I laid out. | 他对我的提议还挺满意的 这是好事 |
[34:20] | No? | 不是吗 |
[34:23] | That is some sweet deal I’m giving him. | 我给了他不少甜头 |
[34:25] | Are you gonna speak or just sit there silently doubting? | 你打算说话吗 还是坐在这里沉默地质疑我 |
[34:31] | Bruno knows you get what you want. | 布鲁诺知道你总能如愿以偿 |
[34:33] | So he’s made peace with that. | 他已经接受了这个事实 |
[34:34] | But he wants to live in Florida. | 可是他想搬到佛罗里达去 |
[34:38] | What kind of life would it be? | 那是什么样的日子 |
[34:41] | Playing canasta with a bunch of other retirees. | 跟其他退休的人一起打凯纳斯特纸牌 |
[34:43] | Shuffleboard? | 打沙狐球 |
[34:45] | Dragging down to the drugstore to get his prescriptions? | 步履蹒跚地走到药店去取处方药 |
[34:47] | I don’t want that kind of life for him. | 我不想让他过这种日子 |
[34:49] | Nothing to flght for. | 没有奋斗的理由了 |
[34:50] | Nothing to make him feel like he’s still in it. | 没有生命的活力了 |
[34:54] | It’s giving up. Dying. | 这就是放弃了 开始等死了 |
[34:56] | For you. For you, it would be giving up. | 对你来说是这样 你觉得这样就是放弃了 |
[34:58] | But maybe for him, after a lifetime | 可是 也许对他来说 在热烤炉面前 |
[35:01] | in front of a hot oven, it would finally be living. | 站了一辈子之后 这才算过上真正的生活 |
[35:08] | You put your faith in me. | 你非常相信我 |
[35:10] | There’s something sacred in that. | 这份信任是非常神圣的 |
[35:11] | And I’m not the sort to use that word. | 而我不是那种喜欢拽这种词的人 |
[35:13] | No, no, it is a sacred trust. | 不 我明白 这是很神圣的信任 |
[35:15] | There is no other word. | 没有更好的词能来形容 |
[35:17] | You made me believe you understood that. | 你让我确信你已经明白这一点了 |
[35:18] | And that you wouldn’t let these flrefighters down. | 而且你也不会让这些消防员失望 |
[35:21] | I won’t. Even as I wage this other battle. | 我绝不会 即使我还有其它硬仗要打 |
[35:25] | You know, before the department I was in the service, | 其实在消防局工作前我一直在部队服役 |
[35:28] | so I’m a bit of an expert on two-front wars. | 所以我也算是双线作战的行家 |
[35:32] | What happens, no matter how well trained | 不论军队训练得多么有素 战斗力多强 |
[35:35] | and capable the army is, | 只要双线开战 |
[35:37] | more people die. | 伤亡人数只会更多 |
[35:38] | I will personally be down in the muck– | 我自己一定会战斗到最后一刻 |
[35:40] | Yeah, see, why is that a good thing? | 没错 看 为什么觉得战死是好事呢 |
[35:43] | In a firefight, an infantryman’s job | 在交战过程中 步兵的职责就是 |
[35:46] | is to zero in on his target and shoot. | 瞄准目标后射击 |
[35:49] | To the exclusion of all else. | 只要专心做这一件事就好了 |
[35:51] | But he can’t see anything else besides that target | 但步兵在他步枪瞄准器的限制下 |
[35:53] | through the aperture of his rifle sights. | 无法注意到除目标以外的任何东西 |
[35:55] | It’s a very small picture. | 他就很难看清大局 |
[35:57] | That’s why a leader, as much as he wants to fire, | 这也就是为什么不管领导者多么想上阵开枪 |
[36:00] | needs to keep his weapon at full port arms | 他都要保持举枪的姿势 |
[36:02] | and scan the entire battlefleld. | 并扫视整个战场 |
[36:04] | To see it all. | 这样才能看清大局 |
[36:06] | Let’s measure it. | 我们来试想一下 |
[36:08] | For a normal, disciplined person, | 对一个普通 自律的人来说 |
[36:10] | this kind of engagement would cost 50 percent. | 这种作战方式会消耗他一半的精力 |
[36:14] | So even for you, | 哪怕对你来说 |
[36:16] | will it cost you 20, | 大概也要消耗20%的精力 |
[36:19] | or 10, even 3 percent? | 也许10% 或者3%的精力 |
[36:22] | Let’s say you’re right, for the sake of argument. | 为了更好的讨论 我们先假设你的观点正确 |
[36:24] | At 97 percent focused, | 97%精力的高度集中下 |
[36:26] | I am certain you will not see any change in results. | 我可以向你保证最终的结果不会受到任何影响 |
[36:29] | But to guarantee that, let’s do this. | 但为了确保结果 我们需要这么做 |
[36:31] | Stay with me as long as we’re positive. | 只要我们的回报率为正值你就要一直跟我合作 |
[36:33] | But the moment I slip into negative territory, | 一旦我的回报率跌入负值 |
[36:36] | I return your money that day. | 那我会在立刻把你的钱退还给你 |
[36:37] | It’s virtually risk proof for you. | 说白了 这就是对你的风险保障 |
[36:41] | No deal, Mason. | 不行 梅森 |
[36:42] | You dump the other company or we go. | 你如果不放弃其他公司 那我们就离开 |
[36:46] | I’m sorry this didn’t work out. | 很遗憾这件事没有谈成 |
[36:47] | I know we would’ve done great work together. | 我知道如果能合作我们可以做成一番大事业 |
[36:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:03] | So? | 怎么样 |
[37:05] | He put me to a decision and I had to let him go. | 他逼我做出舍弃的决定 所以我就让他走了 |
[37:08] | Shit. | 该死 |
[37:09] | How went it with Dana? | 达纳那边怎么样 |
[37:12] | He’s out, too. | 他也退出了 |
[37:13] | He says sorry and hopes to see us down the road. | 他说他很抱歉 希望以后还有合作的机会 |
[37:16] | And I talked to the lawyer, the bank and accounting. | 我也和律师 银行以及会计都谈过了 |
[37:19] | You’re gonna have to drive this yourself, carry the risk. | 你只能自己来做这事 自己承担风险 |
[37:22] | Bank’s gonna want you to put up the money yourself. | 银行希望你能自己进行投资 |
[37:24] | Your bonus from last year. | 用你去年的年终奖 |
[37:25] | Or we get the broker to do a securities loan. | 或者我们找经纪人来做证券贷款 |
[37:29] | Fine. But no margin. | 可以 但是不可以设保证金 |
[37:30] | Yeah. I can get that done. | 好的 这个没问题 |
[37:32] | I’m not sure you should. | 我只是不确定你应该这么做 |
[37:34] | It’s a big fucking commitment. | 这可是一笔相当大的投入 |
[37:36] | A big commitment has already been made. | 我们已经做出了大额的投入 |
[37:38] | And it holds. It has to. To my father. | 这投入不会变 对我父亲来说也不能变 |
[37:40] | You have another. | 你还有其他的选择 |
[37:42] | To Taylor Mason Capital itself. | 可以让泰勒·梅森资本去投资 |
[37:45] | You have to make both work. | 你必须让你父亲的项目和公司都存活下来 |
[37:47] | Or none of it will. | 不然两个可能都要完蛋 |
[37:53] | I just got word. | 我刚刚得到消息 |
[37:55] | The Firefighters Fund is gon-zo. | 消防员基金那边已经撤出了 |
[38:00] | Let’s check. | 我们去验收一下 |
[38:01] | You ready to go topple the king? | 你们准备好去推翻国王了吗 |
[38:10] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:11] | I need to see you. | 我需要见你 |
[38:14] | Now. | 马上 |
[38:16] | Promise me this conversation stays private. | 向我保证这次的谈话绝不会有第三方知晓 |
[38:19] | That’s the understanding we’ve had the whole time. | 这是我们一直以来的共识 |
[38:21] | I just want to restate it. | 我只是想重申一次 |
[38:23] | Because I need to tell you something, | 因为我有些事情必须告诉你 |
[38:24] | and it’s it’s a big risk for me. | 而这件事会让我冒很大的风险 |
[38:27] | You have my word. | 我向你保证绝不泄露 |
[38:31] | Axe knows you lost the Firefighters. | 阿克斯知道你已经失去消防员基金了 |
[38:34] | He said they were the air support | 他说他们这个基金是对你其他投资 |
[38:36] | protecting the rest of your ventures. | 施以保护的空中支援 |
[38:38] | He said you chose your father over your business. | 他说你为了你父亲宁可牺牲掉自己的生意 |
[38:45] | I admire that. | 我很欣赏你这点 |
[38:47] | He may not, but I do. | 他也许不欣赏 但我欣赏 |
[38:50] | That you can be one of the people that finds the balance. | 我欣赏你是那种能平衡工作和家庭的人 |
[38:54] | Who can be happy at enough. | 你是懂得知足常乐的人 |
[38:59] | He could never do that. | 他永远不可能做到你这样 |
[39:00] | But you didn’t let the fact | 但你很坚定 |
[39:02] | that your father exploited your need for his approval | 你父亲为了自身的成就而置你的需求于不顾 |
[39:05] | stop you from choosing family. | 你却并未因此而舍弃家人 |
[39:06] | That’s truly impressive. | 这真是太难能可贵了 |
[39:11] | But Axe is coming for you now, | 但阿克斯现在紧咬着你不放 |
[39:14] | and nothing’s going to stop him. | 任何事都无法阻止他 |
[39:16] | So you came to warn me. | 所以你是来警告我的 |
[39:21] | He’s so far gone… with negativity. | 他已经迷失了自己 走上了歧途 |
[39:24] | Annihilation. Annihilating you, in particular. | 挡路的就毁掉 尤其想毁掉你 |
[39:29] | I’ve never seen such single-mindedness. | 我从没见过这么执拗的人 |
[39:32] | It’s toxic. | 这太卑鄙了 |
[39:35] | Corrosive. | 会腐蚀人心 |
[39:36] | I went to work for a financial genius, | 我最初是想在金融天才手下做事 |
[39:40] | not Shiva the Destroyer. | 而不是毁灭之神湿婆 |
[39:41] | It gets hard to be around. | 在他身边是很不容易 |
[39:44] | How can you even stand working there anymore? | 那你怎么还能忍受继续在那里工作呢 |
[39:48] | I’m not sure I can. | 我也不确定我忍不忍得了 |
[39:51] | I’m not sure I can be a part of what he’s planning. | 我也不确定我是否想成为他计划中的一部分 |
[39:55] | I’m thinking about quitting. | 我想辞职 |
[39:59] | Nope. Fuck. | 不对 该死的 |
[40:01] | You’re not here to warn me. | 你不是来警告我的 |
[40:02] | “I’m thinking about quitting.” That’s one too many. | “我想辞职” 这句话有点过了 |
[40:05] | I’ve trained myself to recognize | 我一直在训练我自己能够识别出 |
[40:06] | when someone overplays their hand, | 当人自以为得手时会露出马脚的表现 |
[40:08] | and you did, just now. | 而你刚刚恰恰露了 |
[40:11] | But you’ve built the perfect box. | 不过你已经把网编得很完美了 |
[40:14] | No escape without catastrophic loss. | 除了鱼死 不然不会网破 |
[40:27] | That furniture will look good in this place. | 那件家具摆在这里会很好看 |
[40:32] | I hope your parents are happy here. | 我希望你的父母住在这里会很开心 |
[40:55] | Ken Shaddock, please. | 请肯·沙道克接电话 |
[41:01] | Positive news, Dad. | 好消息 老爸 |
[41:03] | My prostate is gonna shrink back to its former size? | 我的前列腺会缩小恢复正常大小吗 |
[41:06] | Not that, but it may make you smile just as much. | 不是那事 不过这件事也会让你一样开心的 |
[41:09] | Qatar State Bank is going to be taken off the restricted list | 卡塔尔州立银行会取消原来的受限名单 |
[41:12] | and it’s ready to give you a sweetheart of a loan. | 而且已经准备好给你提供贴心的借贷服务了 |
[41:15] | Well, you’re right, that does bring a grin. | 你说的没错 这确实让我开心到笑 |
[41:18] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[41:20] | Got it straight from the secretary of the treasury. | 是财政部长直接告诉我的 |
[41:26] | You know Jewish people have 613 rules–mitzvot– | 你知道犹太人有613条戒律 俗称诫命吗 |
[41:28] | for determining what’s kosher in life? | 诫命界定了他们生活中合乎礼教要求的行为 |
[41:30] | – Hey, What don’t you know? – Innit? | -有什么是你不知道的吗 -那你看 |
[41:33] | And in this country we’ve got | 在这个国家我们有 |
[41:34] | about a million banking regulations– | 大概一百多万条银行监管条令 |
[41:36] | and this has got to violate a bunch of them. | 而这段对话一定已经违反了其中的不少条款 |
[41:38] | Oh, this shit is definitely not kashrut. | 这事绝对违反了犹太教的饮食教规 |
[41:40] | You’re not the only one who lives in the big city. | 不是只有你才见过大世面 |
[41:42] | Now, unless the bank came off the list legitimately, | 现在 除非银行合法地取消受限名单 |
[41:46] | – in which case– – In which case | -这样的话 -这样的话 |
[41:46] | we could take a look at why it came off the list. | 我们就可以调查一下它为什么要取消受限名单 |
[41:48] | How, exactly? Why now’? Who was behind it? | 怎么取消 为什么是现在 背后主使是谁 |
[41:51] | You want to start getting those answers? | 你想要开始找出这些问题的答案吗 |
[41:52] | – I’d love to. – Great. | -乐意之至 -太棒了 |
[41:59] | Dad, I have something for you. | 爸 我有东西要给你 |
[42:07] | What the fuck is this? | 这是什么 |
[42:09] | A check for 1.3 million dollars. | 一张一百三十万的支票 |
[42:13] | You caved. | 你屈服了 |
[42:15] | You folded and took the deal? | 你退缩了 然后接受那笔交易了 |
[42:20] | Govemment’s gonna mothball my project. | 政府会彻底搁置我的项目 |
[42:22] | Or worse, deploy it as they see fit. | 或者更糟 按他们的想法去利用 |
[42:25] | I assessed all the options and it was the only one left. | 我评估了所有的选择 这是唯一可行的了 |
[42:27] | It was not the only one. | 这不是唯一的选择 |
[42:29] | It was the only one that allowed me to get the Firefighters back, | 只有这个选择 才能让我争取回那些消防员 |
[42:32] | which will save this place, | 才可以挽救这里 |
[42:33] | because without it, there is nothing. | 因为没了公司 就什么都没有了 |
[42:35] | There’s my life’s work, | 这是我的毕生心血 |
[42:40] | my tech, | 我的技术 |
[42:42] | my fucking dream. | 我的梦想 |
[42:45] | Which to you is nothing in the face of | 对你来说 在收回投资 |
[42:49] | recoupment of your investment | 还有那百分之八利润面前 |
[42:52] | plus 8 fucking percent. | 这都是一文不值的 |
[42:58] | I’m sorry it worked out this way. | 我很抱歉 事情发展成了这个地步 |
[42:59] | It’s unfortunate but my enemies seemed to have found a way | 很不幸 但我的对手似乎找到了一个方法 |
[43:02] | to aim the government at us like a nuclear weapon. | 让我们成了政府的目标 像核武器一样 |
[43:05] | How did they know where to aim? | 他们怎么知道如何找到目标 |
[43:07] | How did they know to hurt this venture? | 他们怎么知道能伤到这家企业 |
[43:10] | I did it. | 是我干的 |
[43:12] | I told Wendy about your dad. | 我告诉了温蒂你爸的事 |
[43:14] | Not–Not really. She seemed to know. | 也不全是 她好像已经知道了 |
[43:17] | I just said the word ‘startup.’ | 我就说了”创业” |
[43:19] | How, exactly, did you and Wendy Rhoades end up talking? | 你和温蒂·罗兹是怎么谈到一块去的 |
[43:22] | S-She just… | 她就是 |
[43:23] | She was supposed to meet a friend, | 她本来是要见朋友的 |
[43:25] | and the friend didn’t show. | 结果她朋友没露面 |
[43:28] | Oh, Taylor, I got played. | 泰勒 我被耍了 |
[43:30] | No, Mafee, I got played. | 不 玛菲 是我被耍了 |
[43:32] | You were mere confirmation. | 你只是证实了她的猜想 |
[43:34] | I, too, spoke with her. | 我也和她谈过 |
[43:36] | At flrst, I thought it was benign. | 起初 我以为只是以示友好 |
[43:37] | Then I thought I could use the forum, | 然后我觉得自己可以利用这次谈话 |
[43:39] | gain from it, but instead I was infected. | 从中受益 结果我被谋害了 |
[43:42] | The fact that you have enemies like this, | 你有这种仇人 |
[43:44] | the fact that you were once aligned | 你曾和这么卑鄙的人 |
[43:46] | with such despicable people, | 处于过同一战线 |
[43:50] | maybe give that some thought while I’m gone. | 趁我不在的这段时间 好好想一想 |
[43:52] | So you’re leaving? We could try ano– | 你要离开了 我们可以 |
[43:54] | You’re damn skippy I’m leaving. | 废话 我当然要走了 |
[43:56] | What’s possibly going to keep me here now? | 还有什么能让我留在这 |
[44:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[44:04] | This is one time I’m sorry my thesis proves out. | 很抱歉 这次我的观点是对的 |
[44:07] | Thesis? | 观点 |
[44:08] | You taught me, don’t just have an idea. | 是你教我的 不要空想一个观点 |
[44:10] | Build the model that proves it. | 去建立一个可以证明观点的模型 |
[44:14] | Sara, call Shaddock with the Firefighters. | 萨拉 联系沙道克和那些消防员 |
[44:16] | Tell him I did what I said and we’re back in business. | 告诉他我说到做到了 生意重新开始 |
[44:21] | Wait, this is all a test? | 等等 这是个测试 |
[44:23] | Not a test. A confirmation. | 不是测试 是一次确认 |
[44:25] | I needed to remind myself who you really are. | 我得提醒自己 你到底是什么人 |
[44:28] | Wendy said it. | 温蒂已经说过了 |
[44:29] | I didn’t want her to be right, but she was. | 我希望她是错的 但她没错 |
[44:31] | I didn’t chose the Firefighters over you, Dad. | 我并没有选择了消防员而放弃了你 爸 |
[44:33] | I chose what you wanted over what I needed. | 我是选择了你想要的 而非我所需要的 |
[44:37] | Don’t you need me? | 你不需要我了吗 |
[44:39] | Yes, and I always have. | 不 我一直都需要 |
[44:41] | But the version of you I really need– | 但我真正需要你的那部分 |
[44:43] | the one who’s a father first– he doesn’t exist. | 首先是作为父亲的那部分 根本不存在 |
[44:45] | ‘Cause all he cares about is his own advancement. | 因为他只在乎自己的发展 |
[44:55] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[44:56] | And I’m taking my fin technology with me. | 我要带走我的尾翼模型 |
[44:59] | No, you’re not. I owned it. | 不行 我拥有那个模型 |
[45:02] | And I sold it to the government. | 而且我卖给政府了 |
[45:04] | You people. | 你们这些人 |
[45:09] | All you care about is fucking money. | 只他妈在乎钱 |
[45:23] | You know what, kid? | 你知道吗 孩子 |
[45:24] | You are just like me. | 你和我很像 |
[45:27] | Only colder. | 只是你更冷酷 |
[45:28] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[45:29] | So maybe I’ll actually win. | 说不定我会赢呢 |
[45:32] | Maybe, but I’ll say this. | 可能吧 但我要说 |
[45:37] | It won’t feel like it. | 你不会有赢的感觉 |
[45:59] | Sir, you’re gonna need to come with us. | 先生 你得和我们走 |
[46:03] | Why? What the fuck?! | 为什么 什么情况 |
[46:04] | – Come on. – Don’t make us cuff you. | -快点 -别让我们给你上铐子 |
[46:11] | Rhoades. | 罗兹 |
[46:13] | I’m not easily scared. | 我可没那么好吓 |
[46:15] | Especially because you have no cause of action to arrest me. | 尤其是你没有逮捕我的理由 |
[46:17] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[46:19] | You’re not under arrest. | 你没被捕 |
[46:20] | No, in the old days they called this a ‘rousting.’ | 以前 人们称之为”驱逐” |
[46:24] | Now, that’s old-fashioned policing, | 这是老一套的治安方法 |
[46:26] | designed to send a message. | 是为了传达消息 |
[46:28] | And where can it go? | 接下来会发生什么 |
[46:29] | Well, you can be brought in. | 你会被带进号子里 |
[46:32] | Put in holding. You ever visit the Tombs’? | 在拘留室待着 去过拘留所吗 |
[46:34] | It makes for a very edifying 24 to 48 hours. | 接下来的24至48小时会让人受益良多 |
[46:38] | Or you might be found to be ‘resisting,’ on the street, | 也许会有人发现你在大街上”抗拒执法” |
[46:42] | and then the boys get a little baton practice. | 接下来这些人就会开始用警棍了 |
[46:46] | And these men are my personal force. | 这些人是我的私人安保 |
[46:48] | There’s nothing that they won’t do for me. | 他们为我在所不辞 |
[46:51] | But I don’t want to talk about any of that. | 不过我不想聊这个 |
[46:53] | No. I want to talk about dogs. | 我想聊聊狗 |
[46:56] | And the people who own ’em. | 还有养狗的人 |
[46:58] | I love a good dog. | 我喜欢好狗 |
[47:01] | I, myself, have had one for years. | 我自己也养了一条狗好多年 |
[47:02] | But I don’t fool myself, as so many do. | 但我不会像大多数人一样自欺欺人 |
[47:06] | Fool yourself? | 自欺欺人 |
[47:07] | About which way the loyalties really run. | 到底什么才是真正的忠诚 |
[47:12] | Do you know what happens when a solo pet owner dies alone? | 你知道一个宠物主人独自死后会发生什么吗 |
[47:16] | Nope. | 不知道 |
[47:17] | Oh, you don’t want to admit to yourself that you know. | 你不想承认自己知道 |
[47:20] | But you do. | 但你还是知道 |
[47:22] | At some point, the pet decides that its own survival | 某种程度上 宠物将自己的生存 |
[47:25] | matters more than its fondness for its owner. | 看得比它对主人的喜爱更重 |
[47:28] | And what do they do? | 它们会怎么做 |
[47:30] | Well, most often, they go for the nose or cheek flesh first. | 通常 它们会先去吃鼻子和脸上的肉 |
[47:35] | Now, is that because their love is so great, | 因为它们的爱如此之深 |
[47:37] | they want to be one with their former best friend? | 它们想和自己以前最好的朋友化为一体 |
[47:39] | I don’t choose to think so. | 我不会这么想 |
[47:42] | No, I just bet those are the most delicious morsels. | 我猜那些是最美味的部分 |
[47:46] | And I don’t blame ’em at all. | 我一点都不会责备它们 |
[47:48] | Because when their very lives are at stake, | 因为当它们的性命难保时 |
[47:51] | how can they stand on ceremony? | 它们又怎能拘于礼节 |
[47:52] | After all, their owner is already dead. | 毕竟 主人已经死了 |
[47:57] | But I’m not in desperate straits as the dog in your story is. | 但我还没像你故事里的那条狗一样陷入绝境 |
[48:00] | Oh, but you are. | 但你已经陷入绝境了 |
[48:03] | You don’t really think Eisen put you in front of me | 你不会真的以为 艾森会在我们不知道 |
[48:06] | without us knowing what would happen, do you? | 将来会发生什么的情况下 就把你带来我这 |
[48:08] | He brought you in so that, in front of a witness, | 他带你过来 在一个目击证人面前 |
[48:11] | you would try to extort | 你在尝试敲诈 |
[48:12] | the sitting New York Attorney General. | 现任纽约检查长 |
[48:14] | With threats to expose him if he didn’t pay you off. | 如果他不付钱给你 你就威胁要曝光他 |
[48:17] | That’s an open and shut case. | 这案子已经明摆着了 |
[48:20] | Your own lawyer would force you to take a plea | 你的律师会强迫你接受认罪协议 |
[48:22] | the first day you engaged him. | 就在你委托他的当天 |
[48:26] | But, because, as I said, I’m a dog guy, | 但我说过 我是个爱狗的人 |
[48:30] | I understand why you felt you had to. | 我明白你为什么觉得自己必须这么做的原因 |
[48:32] | Still the dog is dead. | 但狗已经死了 |
[48:35] | And you are sitting here starving. | 你还坐在这饿肚子 |
[48:41] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[48:43] | But, and here’s the day brightener for you. | 还有好消息要告诉你 |
[48:45] | I have no need to bring this into open court. | 我不必把这件事公开到法庭 |
[48:49] | What I propose to do instead is | 取而代之 我建议 |
[48:55] | give you this. | 给你这个 |
[49:02] | That’s a purebred Belgian Malinois puppy. | 这是一只纯种的比利时玛利诺犬 |
[49:05] | With papers. | 有血统证明 |
[49:06] | And it’s yours. | 它是你的了 |
[49:07] | Along with the 100,000 already paid. | 再加上已经付了的十万美元 |
[49:11] | And you sign this. | 然后你把这个签了 |
[49:17] | Which says I drop my complaint. | 声明我撤诉 |
[49:19] | It sure does. | 当然 |
[49:22] | Now and forever. | 从现在开始一直闭嘴 |
[49:35] | Hi, Mafee! | 你好 玛菲 |
[49:36] | Not now, Ben. | 现在不行 本 |
[49:37] | You. | 你 |
[49:38] | Do you have any fucking idea what you’ve done? | 你知道自己都干了什么好事吗 |
[49:41] | I used to think you were this idealized version of a person | 我曾认为你是一个完美的人 |
[49:43] | with all the answers and the ability to make | 知晓一切答案 有能力让我们所有人 |
[49:45] | each of us the best of who we could be. | 都能成为更好的自己 |
[49:47] | I trusted you. We all did. | 我信任过你 我们都信过 |
[49:48] | Because you charmed, manipulated, worked us to. | 因为你的魅力 你的操纵 你的策动 |
[49:51] | All with that bullshit Buddha smile. | 带着狗屁菩萨式的微笑让我们信任了你 |
[49:53] | And now I know that what was behind that smile | 现在我知道了 那个微笑背后 |
[49:56] | wasn’t some serene and wise teacher. | 并不是什么宁静智慧的导师 |
[49:57] | It hid a sick, vicious phony. | 而是藏着一个变态恶毒的骗子 |
[49:59] | Now I know that’s what you really are, goddamned monster. | 现在我认识到你的本来面目了 该死的恶魔 |
[50:02] | Hey! Traitorous motherfucker. | 你个叛徒混蛋 |
[50:05] | Yeah, leave her alone, you fucking goon! | 离她远点 你个该死的蠢货 |
[50:06] | You tried to sabotage this firm! | 你想对这个公司搞破坏 |
[50:08] | – Fuck you, Bill! – You don’t talk to a man | -去你的 比尔 -你不可以用那种语气 |
[50:10] | like Dollar Bill Stearn like that. | 跟美元大亨比尔·斯特恩这样的人物说话 |
[50:11] | – Fuck you, too! – Guys. Mafee– | -也去你的吧 -兄弟们 玛菲 |
[50:12] | I am gonna kick your ass! | 我要胖揍你一顿 |
[50:14] | Bring it, asshole! | 来呀 混蛋 |
[50:15] | Let it happen. We both want it. | 那就动手吧 我们都想打 |
[50:16] | No fighting where Mr. Axelrod is liable. | 不可以在阿克斯罗德先生负责的地方打架 |
[50:18] | – I’ll sign whatever! – That’s two of us! | -我一定会报名的 -正好我们两个打 |
[50:19] | Get him outta here! | 把他扔出去 |
[50:21] | Let’s do it in the ring then, fucknut! | 我们赛场上见 贱种 |
[50:22] | Any time, any place, motherfucker! | 随时随地等着你 混蛋 |
[50:25] | Rumble in the Jungle! Thrilla in Manila! Zaire! | 丛林怒吼 马尼拉之战 来吧 |
[50:28] | You’re a garbage person, Wendy. | 你就是个垃圾人 温蒂 |
[50:30] | That’s what you are. It’s what you all are! | 这就是你的本质 你们都是 |
[50:35] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[50:37] | I guess we hit the target. | 看来我们击中目标了 |
[50:51] | It’s done. | 搞定了 |
[50:54] | Done means signed, sealed, delivered. | 搞定意味着签字 盖章 生效 |
[50:56] | – Is that what you’re telling me? – I am. | -你是这个意思吗 -是的 |
[50:58] | He acknowledges that his dog was a repeated menace | 他承认自己的狗反复造成了威胁 |
[51:00] | and you acted in self-defense. | 而你的行为是出于自卫 |
[51:02] | He releases you from responsibility | 他不追究你的责任 |
[51:04] | and will not tell or sell the story. | 也不会将事情告诉或揭露给其他人 |
[51:06] | Well, now we know, definitively. | 现在我们确信了 |
[51:08] | You really are a power broker. | 你确实是个权力掮客 |
[51:10] | And, uh, I’m gonna say it directly, | 此外 我还是直接说了吧 |
[51:12] | so it’s between us and acknowledged. | 这样也好让我们两个之间都明了 |
[51:15] | Down the ‘pike, I will ask something of you. | 总有一天 我会要你还我一个人情 |
[51:20] | Something hard. | 大人情 |
[51:21] | Something that will be very costly for you to do. | 会让你付出很大代价的事情 |
[51:25] | And you will deliver it for me. | 你要帮我实现 |
[51:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[51:30] | You’ve shown me, by example, what might happen if I don’t. | 你给我举了很好的例子 我不同意会怎样 |
[51:36] | Can I have it back? | 能还给我吗 |
[51:44] | That thing goes off again, | 这个东西要是再响一声 |
[51:48] | lose my number. | 别来找我 |
[52:28] | Wendy says don’t touch it. | 温蒂说不要动那个 |
[52:31] | Smells too good to leave untouched. | 闻着这么香不吃可惜了 |
[52:32] | It’s here to create the sensory impression of a perfect home. | 它放在这是为了制造一个完美之家的感官感受 |
[52:36] | That smell that drove you to get out fork and knife, | 这股香气驱使你 在你还不知道 |
[52:38] | even though moments before you had no idea you wanted pie. | 自己想吃馅饼之前 就拿出了刀叉 |
[52:42] | It brings warmth. | 它能带来温暖 |
[52:44] | Contentment. | 满足感 |
[52:45] | And that’s what’s called for right now. | 这也正是此时所需的 |
[52:46] | Mm-hmm. Why? | 为什么 |
[52:48] | People are coming to look at the house. | 有人要来看房子了 |
[52:51] | Real buyers. | 真正的买家 |
[52:52] | Your kids are out with the babysitter. | 您的孩子们已经跟保姆出去了 |
[52:57] | And where’s Wendy? | 温蒂去哪了 |
[52:59] | Out. | 出去了 |
[53:02] | It’d be good if you were out, too. | 您要是也出去就好了 |
[54:21] | Hey, Bobby. | 你好 波比 |
[54:23] | Just cashing up here. | 我正在算流水 |
[54:27] | Bruno- | 布鲁诺 |
[54:30] | Tell me what you really want. | 告诉我你真正想要的是什么 |
[54:33] | Don’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[54:35] | That other deal, I told ’em to get lost. | 那个交易 我让他们滚蛋了 |
[54:37] | ‘Cuz we got a deal. | 因为我们说好了 |
[54:38] | I asked what you want. | 我问的是你想要什么 |
[54:44] | The way I drew it up in my head? | 我脑子里设想的吗 |
[54:52] | Walk down to a cafe each morning, | 每个阳光明媚的早晨 |
[54:54] | bright and sunny, | 走到咖啡馆 |
[54:56] | have an espresso. | 喝杯意式浓缩 |
[54:59] | Go and do some surf casting, | 去海滨垂钓 |
[55:01] | catch some pompano, some snapper. | 搞一些鲳参鱼 鲷鱼 |
[55:05] | Pack ’em in salt and bake ’em al forno. | 把他们裹上盐 上火熏烤 |
[55:10] | Eat ’em with a nice vermentino. | 佐着上好的维蒙蒂诺酒吃掉 |
[55:12] | Hit the track, hit the–hit the links. | 抽抽大麻 玩玩高尔夫 |
[55:15] | Definitely roll some bocci. | 草地滚球一定要玩 |
[55:17] | Walk home along the beach at night. | 晚上沿着海滩散步回家 |
[55:19] | Kids come down and visit for the holidays. | 孩子们假期的时候过来看我 |
[55:23] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[55:25] | meet a nice widow to share it with. | 遇见一个善良的寡妇共享夕阳 |
[55:30] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[55:34] | Go do it. | 去做吧 |
[55:37] | I’ll buy you out. | 我买断你的股份 |
[55:39] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[55:41] | With enough to set yourself up as you want down there. | 足够你在那边安顿好自己的了 |
[55:50] | And sell the place to you? | 然后把这里卖给你 |
[55:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[55:53] | And what are you gonna do with it, huh? | 你要拿它做什么呢 |
[55:55] | – Make it a museum? – No. | -变成博物馆 -不 |
[56:01] | One thing you’re gonna need to realize, kid, | 有一件事情你要意识到 孩子 |
[56:04] | your childhood, your heart, | 你的童年 你的真情 |
[56:08] | it ain’t in that pizza oven. | 不在那个披萨炉里 |
[56:10] | It’s inside you. | 在你的内心里 |
[56:12] | Yeah, that may be true. | 是的 也许是这样 |
[56:14] | But that oven makes a damn good pie. | 但是那个炉子做的馅饼太好吃了 |
[56:18] | That’s a fact that. | 这倒是真的 |
[56:19] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[56:21] | I think you got a full house out there. | 外面好像客满了 |
[56:28] | Oh, yeah! | 太好了 |
[56:36] | What did you do? What did you do? | 你干了什么 你干了什么 |
[56:38] | The family just wanted to show you some love. | 家人刚好想想你表示一下爱意 |
[56:41] | Hey, thanks for inviting me, Axe. | 谢谢你邀请我来 阿克斯 |
[56:42] | Hey, ‘course, Freddy, you’re family, too. | 客气什么 弗雷迪 你也是家人 |
[56:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:45] | Here’s to you, Bruno. | 这杯敬你 布鲁诺 |
[56:50] | Love you. Hey, salud, everybody. | 爱你 大家干杯 |
[56:52] | Salud! | 干杯 |