时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:06] | If the only way I could eat this pizza | 即使这个披萨只能在时代广场 |
[00:07] | was naked in the middle of Times Square, I would. | 赤身裸体地吃 我也愿意 |
[00:10] | Problem is, you’d be sure to undress me, too. | 问题是 你肯定会把我也扒光了 |
[00:12] | You doing this here? | 你真的要这个时候闹吗 |
[00:14] | You did it. | 是你开头的 |
[00:15] | We’re gonna need to work out a visitation plan. | 我们得商量下探监的方案 |
[00:18] | Figure out what’s best for the boys. | 商量下怎么安排对孩子们更好 |
[00:20] | We’d probably move. | 我们可能会搬家 |
[00:21] | They’re not going anywhere till college. | 他们上大学之前哪都不许去 |
[00:24] | I’m here to ask you to honor | 我来这里要求你践行你给我的承诺 |
[00:27] | that there was no favor you’d refuse. | 那个你对我有求必应的承诺 |
[00:29] | You know I’m committed to my government post | 你也知道我很看重自己作为财政部长 |
[00:31] | as the Secretary of the Treasury. | 在政府机关的官职 |
[00:33] | But, I do like to keep an eye peeled for opportunities. | 但是 我确实也想寻找机会 |
[00:37] | A proposed business? | 商业计划吗 |
[00:38] | Yes. Lattice grid fins. | 是的 网状尾鳍 |
[00:40] | Your white whale. | 你的白鲸 |
[00:42] | It’s all you say it is, Dad. | 你说什么就是什么 爸 |
[00:43] | Let’s do something with this. | 我们开始着手吧 |
[00:44] | There is no available burial plot. | 已经没有空墓地了 |
[00:47] | Who snaked me? | 谁阴了我 |
[00:48] | How’s this? | 这样如何 |
[00:48] | The plot is yours. | 墓地归你 |
[00:50] | If you take immediate occupancy. | 只要你马上入住 |
[00:52] | A very interesting set of permits just got expedited. | 刚刚加急办理了一组非常有意思的许可证 |
[00:55] | The beneficiary? One Charles Rhoades, Senior. | 受益者是 老查理·罗兹 |
[00:57] | There it is. | 看看 |
[00:58] | I’m sorry to have seen Chuck’s press conference. | 我看到查克的记者会了 很遗憾 |
[01:01] | I can imagine you could use some support right now… | 我猜你现在肯定需要帮助 |
[01:04] | So, would you like to? Talk? | 你想聊聊吗 |
[01:46] | You know, the speakeasy is an American tradition. | 你知道吗 地下酒吧是美国传统 |
[01:49] | But for now, this one is just for my friends. | 但现在 这一家只对我的朋友开放 |
[01:51] | Enjoy. | 请用 |
[01:52] | Thank you, Nicholas. | 谢谢你 尼古拉斯 |
[01:58] | The ideas when you’re inside a speakeasy, | 身处一家地下酒吧的意义在于 |
[02:02] | you’re invisible to the outside world. | 与世隔绝 |
[02:06] | And can be exactly who you really are. | 你可以完全展现自我 |
[02:09] | So you thought you’d bribe me with vegan mango rice ice cream? | 所以你觉得芒果糯米冰淇淋可以打动我 |
[02:12] | Yes. Is it working? | 是的 有用吗 |
[02:15] | Maybe a little. | 可能有一点吧 |
[02:16] | But since I can be exactly who I want to here, | 既然我可以在这里展现自我 |
[02:18] | I’m going to be direct. | 我就直说了 |
[02:20] | I don’t think I should talk to you. | 我觉得我不应该跟你谈话 |
[02:21] | I don’t think I can talk to you. | 也不能跟你谈话 |
[02:22] | I don’t think I will talk to you. | 我也觉得我不会跟你谈话 |
[02:24] | I’m going to eat it in silence. | 我只会静静地吃冰淇淋 |
[02:28] | That works. | 也可以 |
[02:30] | I mostly just want you to listen. | 我也只是想你听我说话 |
[02:35] | Many of the guys at Axe Capital try to get me to talk to them. | 阿克斯资本的很多人想让我与他们对话 |
[02:38] | To let them in. Here. | 让他们进入我的思想 |
[02:41] | But I’m a dispassionate trained professional. | 但我是个冷静的训练有素的专家 |
[02:43] | So that never happens. | 所以这事从未发生过 |
[02:46] | But it happened with you. | 但我向你开放了我的思维 |
[02:48] | Why do you think that is? | 你为什么会这样想 |
[02:50] | Because of the way you listen. | 因为你倾听的方式 |
[02:53] | It doesn’t present as empathy. | 你没有表现出明显的同情心 |
[02:54] | But I came to understand that underneath that | 但我发现在你毫无波动的目光下 |
[02:57] | uninflected gaze, that’s what’s there. | 深处埋着的同理心 |
[02:59] | You feel deeply. | 你能深深感受到 |
[03:01] | You care deeply. | 你深切地关心 |
[03:04] | You try to solve all the problems you see. | 你试着解决自己看到的所有问题 |
[03:05] | It’s what makes you who you are. | 是这些成就了你 |
[03:09] | That’s probably right. | 可能是吧 |
[03:11] | And that’s also why you were the only one | 这也是为什么在查克公开演讲后 |
[03:13] | who reached out after what Chuck made public. | 你是唯一一个联系我的人 |
[03:16] | You put your anger, your resentment, aside | 你把自己的愤怒和憎恨放到了一边 |
[03:19] | and you called me human to human. | 充满人文关怀地给我打了电话 |
[03:23] | Yet you refused me. | 然而你拒绝了我 |
[03:24] | I wasn’t ready to talk then. | 我那时还没准备好对话 |
[03:27] | To trust you. | 也没准备好信任你 |
[03:29] | Still don’t trust you. | 我现在仍然没法信任你 |
[03:31] | Samesies. | 我也一样 |
[03:34] | But I now know if I don’t talk to someone– | 但现在我知道了 如果我不跟人对话 |
[03:37] | and not a dispassionate trained professional– | 不是和冷静的训练有素的专家 |
[03:39] | but someone who knows my world, knows me, | 而是一个了解我和我的世界 |
[03:41] | and actually gives a shit… If I don’t get it out… | 并真正关心我的人 如果我不说出来 |
[03:47] | …I’m gonna end up in a bad place. | 我会有很糟糕的下场 |
[03:54] | Does that have liquor in it? | 那里面有酒精吗 |
[03:55] | It does. Thank Christ. | 是的 感谢主 |
[04:00] | What would Axe say if he knew about this? | 如果阿克斯知道我们见面他会怎么说 |
[04:03] | This has nothing to do with him. | 这与他完全无关 |
[04:06] | So…what then? | 那…要怎么做 |
[04:13] | You don’t have to talk about you. | 你不用谈你的事情 |
[04:14] | Just listen. | 听我说就好 |
[04:16] | Help me figure out me. | 帮助我认识我自己 |
[04:17] | And then, if you need to share anything about you, | 然后 如果你需要分享些你的事 |
[04:19] | we find mutuality. But I insist on nothing. | 我们就会有同感 但我认为没必要 |
[04:22] | I merely ask. | 我就是问问 |
[04:27] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[04:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:34] | Go. | 开始吧 |
[04:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:49] | That’s right! That’s right! That’s right! | 对 就这样 就这样 |
[04:53] | Judge DeGiulio, a word? | 德朱利奥法官 能跟你说句话吗 |
[04:55] | They call this the beautiful game for a reason. | 他们说这是美丽的比赛是有原因的 |
[04:57] | It flows. What kind of man interrupts that? | 比赛是一气呵成的 什么人会打断这种比赛 |
[05:00] | You don’t interrupt that. Why would you interrupt that? | 没人会打断 为什么要打断 |
[05:02] | I-I didn’t know you were watching. | 我不知道你们在看比赛 |
[05:03] | I’ve got Inter Milan up a goal here against — | 现在国际米兰一球领先… |
[05:05] | Sorry to interrupt your soccer game. | 抱歉打扰你们看足球比赛了 |
[05:08] | Football in this office, please. | 在这个办公室里请说英式足球 |
[05:10] | If we lose now, you get the blame. | 现在我们输了就怪你 |
[05:18] | I’m here with a sensitive request. | 我有一个敏感的请求 |
[05:20] | Yeah. No need to speak what’s all over your face, kid. | 是吗 都写在你脸上了 |
[05:23] | I’m applying for a wiretap. On Charles Rhoades, Senior. | 我要申请对老查尔斯·罗兹进行窃听 |
[05:26] | Junior, too, actually. | 还有小查尔斯·罗兹 |
[05:27] | You’re asking me if you can spy on | 你在问我是否能对 |
[05:28] | the Attorney General of the State of New York. | 纽约州的检察长进行窃听 |
[05:31] | And his father. | 还有他父亲 |
[05:32] | Sure. Eat it all. | 当然了 胃口不小 |
[05:34] | Like Big Earl. Whole left side of the menu. | 像大伯爵一样 菜单左侧的全要 |
[05:36] | Including the Pimlico and the Maryland Fried Chicken. | 包括皮姆利科和马里兰炸鸡 |
[05:38] | It’s not just about my appetite. | 这不光和我的胃口有关 |
[05:41] | Yeah, I’m hungry as hell for the Chuck Rhoades special. | 我很饿 是很想吃查克·罗兹特餐 |
[05:42] | But this is legit. | 但这个是真的 |
[05:43] | Rhoades Senior bribed an official. | 老罗兹贿赂了一个官员 |
[05:45] | Chuck is a co-conspirator– | 查克是个共谋者 |
[05:46] | What do you got in the way of evidence? | 你有什么证据 |
[05:49] | FBI observed father and son | 联调局在有关的施工地点 |
[05:51] | on the building site in question. | 拍到他们了父子 |
[05:53] | You got a family portrait. | 你有张全家福 |
[05:55] | – Judge– – Mr. US Attorney. | -法官大人 -布莱恩检察官先生 |
[05:56] | Counselor. Bryan. Your request is denied. | 你的请求被拒绝了 |
[05:58] | Now go eat something before you become even more lightheaded. | 趁你没有更头晕前赶快去吃点东西吧 |
[06:01] | I’ve got football to watch. | 我要看 足球比赛 |
[06:37] | Connerty came for a wire on you. | 康纳蒂来跟我申请窃听你 |
[06:40] | Did you grant it? | 你批准了吗 |
[06:42] | I killed it. As an ordinary matter of law. | 我否决了 以法律的名义 |
[06:44] | And I’m telling you | 而现在我告诉你这个 |
[06:45] | as an extraordinary matter of friendship. | 是以我们深厚友谊的名义 |
[06:48] | Now, that’s what warms the cockles. | 这可真温暖人心 |
[06:50] | How our bond isn’t merely that of men who trade in favors but– | 我们的关系不只是交换利益 还有… |
[06:53] | You got a good one for me? | 你有什么好东西给我 |
[06:54] | And like that, the cockles go cold. | 我的心就这么凉了一些 |
[06:57] | I already did the thing for you. You can owe me. Again. | 我已经做了 你可以欠我个人情 |
[07:01] | Nope. I can pay now. | 不用 我现在就能还这个人情 |
[07:03] | I’ve found you a juicy health care case. | 我给你一个不错的医保案子 |
[07:06] | Politically charged. | 政治色彩浓厚 |
[07:08] | Just the type that will be cited by the Supreme Court | 是那种会被最高法院引用很多年 |
[07:10] | and underlined by law students for years. | 也会被法律系学生铭记的类型 |
[07:13] | It’s supposed to go to another judge. | 本来是要给另一位法官的 |
[07:14] | I’ll get it to you. | 我会把它给你 |
[07:16] | Extraordinary friendship indeed. | 的确是深厚的友谊 |
[07:32] | I remember the first time you brought me into your lab. | 我还记得你第一次带我来实验室的场景 |
[07:35] | Meant so much to me… | 对我意义重大 |
[07:36] | You gave me designs the next day to remake it. | 第二天你就给了我这里的重建计划 |
[07:40] | As you remade this from whatever it was before. | 你把这里改造成了完全不同的地方 |
[07:54] | My lattice fin. | 我的网状尾鳍 |
[07:56] | Yes. I had it fabricated from carbon fiber per your specs. | 没错 我按你的参数用碳纤维造出了它 |
[07:59] | And we have an open-source suite | 我们还有一个开源的 |
[08:01] | for multi-physics simulation– | 多物理场模拟套件 |
[08:02] | I’m going to need a bigger wind tunnel for final tests. | 我需要一个更大的风洞来做最终测试 |
[08:05] | Of course. We’ll get it. | 当然 我们会办到的 |
[08:11] | I always knew I’d make it back. | 我一直坚信我会回来的 |
[08:15] | You are back. | 你已经回来了 |
[08:16] | And I hope better than ever. | 而且我希望你这次的感觉比以往都好 |
[08:19] | I will set the meetings. | 我会安排会议 |
[08:20] | With partners to take this the next hundred miles. | 跟合伙人们一起推进这个项目 |
[08:23] | And we need to practice good business hygiene. | 但这次得实行良好的商业管理条例 |
[08:25] | Phones and emails encrypted. | 电话和邮件要加密 |
[08:26] | Traveling discreetly and indirectly. | 出差要小心谨慎 |
[08:28] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[08:29] | But is this paranoia, or is your old boss really– | 这是你的幻想 还是说你的前老板真的 |
[08:32] | Whatever word you’re about to use, the answer is yes. | 不论你要说什么词 答案是没错 |
[08:34] | Yes, he is. | 对 他是 |
[08:42] | That’s the lab. | 那就是实验室 |
[08:43] | High tech propulsion. | 高科技的推动力 |
[08:45] | Mason Capital diverted 28 million to unspecified– | 梅森资本投了两千八百万 没有详细说明 |
[08:48] | What are they doing in there? | 他们在那里干什么 |
[08:49] | – We don’t know yet. – Well, find out. | -我们还不清楚 -那去搞明白 |
[08:51] | That’s why I’m here. | 我来这就是为了这个 |
[08:53] | I don’t need supervision. | 我不需要别人监督 |
[08:55] | Not supervising. Just mixing in. | 我不监督你 只是来帮忙 |
[08:58] | I need to see what I’m gonna destroy. | 我得知道我要摧毁的是什么 |
[09:00] | Because believe you me, Taylor wants to destroy us. | 因为相信我 泰勒想要摧毁我们 |
[09:04] | Yes. But you standing here isn’t gonna fix it. | 对 但你站在这儿也解决不了问题 |
[09:07] | Let me do what I do. | 让我做自己该做的 |
[09:08] | Maybe find something more befitting. | 你不如去找些更合适的事做 |
[09:11] | Don’t you have a date or something? | 你难道没有约会之类的吗 |
[09:12] | Matter of fact, I do. Yeah. | 事实上我有 对 |
[09:16] | And quit hacking my calendar. | 别再偷窥我的日程安排 |
[09:30] | Do you need something? | 你需要什么吗 |
[09:32] | No. Just a new pair of pajamas. | 没有 就新的睡衣 |
[09:34] | The old ones I’ve got in the guest room are a bit ripe. | 我在客房的那套旧的有点味道了 |
[09:38] | Take an extra set with you. | 你再多拿一套 |
[09:46] | Since the marital bed is no longer providing succor– | 既然婚姻生活没法再给我提供援助 |
[09:49] | You traded that for your new job. | 你用它换来了你的新工作 |
[09:50] | You have to live with that. | 你得习惯这生活 |
[09:52] | I’m not sure I can. | 我觉得我做不到 |
[09:57] | I’d like your permission to see someone. | 我希望你能允许我去见别人 |
[10:01] | A professional. | 见专业人士 |
[10:03] | A dom? | 施虐者吗 |
[10:10] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[10:40] | Chuck! Did you do that yourself? | 查克 那是你自己弄的吗 |
[10:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:49] | Jesus. Okay. | 老天 好吧 |
[10:51] | I can? | 我可以吗 |
[10:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[10:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:57] | I think this will help. | 我觉得那会很有帮助 |
[10:59] | I’ll find a place. | 我去找个地方 |
[11:01] | No. | 不 |
[11:02] | Someone will follow you there. I can’t have any– | 会有人跟踪你过去 |
[11:05] | I can’t have even one more story about this. | 我不能再承受更多关于这个的报道 |
[11:12] | If you have to do it. If you can’t hold out. | 如果你必须得做 如果你忍不住 |
[11:13] | Do it here. | 那就在这 |
[11:16] | Have her dress in a way she looks like | 让她乔装成 |
[11:17] | it’s a sports massage or personal trainer. | 给你运动按摩的人或是私人教练 |
[11:19] | I’ll take the kids out. | 我会带孩子们出去 |
[11:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:29] | It’s fine. I mean it’s not fine. | 没关系 当然不可能完全没关系 |
[11:31] | It’s fine. | 先就这样吧 |
[11:35] | Now go to your room. | 现在回你的房间去 |
[12:00] | Victor, this is your wake up call, pal. | 维克多 这是给你的叫醒电话 伙计 |
[12:03] | I have some ideas I want to hit you with– | 我想跟你商量几个点子 |
[12:04] | Can I call you back? I can’t really talk right now. | 我能之后打给你吗 现在不方便 |
[12:07] | What’s more important than me? | 什么比我还重要 |
[12:09] | Nothing. Just not a good time, Axe. | 没什么 只是现在不方便 阿克斯 |
[12:12] | Call you soon. | 很快回你电话 |
[12:20] | Orrin. | 奥林 |
[12:22] | Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. | OK便利店那边有些不对劲 |
[12:24] | Get Spyros. | 去找斯派罗 |
[12:25] | I want you to do a quick but deep dive | 我需要你去快速深挖 |
[12:27] | on potential trouble in Victor land. | 维克多那边可能出现的麻烦 |
[13:02] | 迈克·瓦格纳先生 阿克斯资本首席投资官 亲启 | |
[13:32] | Kappa Beta Phi. | KBP兄弟会[华尔街秘密兄弟会] |
[13:34] | They’re opening their books. | 他们要吸收新人了 |
[13:36] | Oh. You’re finally getting made. | 你终于被录取了 |
[13:37] | Along with such vaunted names as | 会跟各种如雷贯耳的名字同列 |
[13:38] | Bloomberg, Langone, Paul Tudor Jones. | 彭博 兰格恩 保罗·都铎·琼斯 |
[13:38] | 兰格恩 亿万富翁 保罗·都铎·琼斯 华尔街操盘手 | |
[13:40] | Well. They’re lucky | 他们很幸运 |
[13:41] | to have your silky tenor and rough-hewn liver. | 能拥有你那如丝歌喉和千疮百孔的肝 |
[13:44] | I know you don’t care about Wall Street’s elite fraternity. | 我知道你不在乎华尔街的精英兄弟会 |
[13:47] | You are above it– like a God. | 你比他们更高一筹 像神明一样 |
[13:50] | But I am in it– like a demigod. | 但我是俗世的人 算个半仙 |
[13:53] | I’m happy you’re happy. | 看你高兴我很开心 |
[13:55] | Your gut was right. | 你的直觉是对的 |
[13:56] | What I wouldn’t give for | 我也想要你那 |
[13:57] | a gastrointestinal tuning fork like yours. | 蜿蜒曲折的脑回路 |
[14:00] | Fucking knew it. | 我他妈就知道 |
[14:01] | What’s Victor gotten into? | 维克多在搞什么 |
[14:03] | More like what has he gotten himself onto… | 准确得说是惹上了什么 |
[14:05] | and that is the radar of my old compadres at the Commish. | 被我在证监会的旧友们给盯上了 |
[14:09] | SEC is looking into Victor for insider trading– | 证监会以内幕交易为理由在调查维克多 |
[14:12] | tied to a research firm called Mark to Market Analytics. | 跟一家叫马克市场分析的市场调研公司有关 |
[14:15] | Whole host of offenses they can fine for, | 基本上有他们可以罚款的所有违规 |
[14:17] | and the US Attorney can toss him in a cell over. | 联邦检察官可以轻易让他坐牢 |
[14:20] | They will peck where there is blood. | 他们是有血就会叮 |
[14:22] | And sooner or later… | 早晚就会 |
[14:23] | I need to talk to Victor. | 我得跟维克多谈谈 |
[14:24] | Sooner. | 越早越好 |
[14:27] | Kappa Beta Phi? | KBP兄弟会 |
[14:29] | Count one Ari Spyros jelly AF. | 阿里·斯派罗嫉妒得要炸了 |
[14:42] | We struck some ore. | 我们挖到矿了 |
[14:44] | Could be base metal, could be gold. | 有可能是普通金属 也有可能是金矿 |
[14:47] | We’ve been fine-tooth combing official travel records | 我们一直在仔细梳理尊敬的总检察长的 |
[14:49] | for our esteemed AG. | 官方出差记录 |
[14:52] | Jeffcoat went to Chile. Official business. | 杰夫科特去了智利 公务出差 |
[14:54] | But on the way back, | 但回程时 |
[14:55] | his plane made an unplanned stop to refuel… | 他的飞机在计划外降落加油 |
[14:58] | in the Cayman Islands. | 在开曼群岛 |
[15:01] | Juicy spot for financial misdeeds. | 经济犯罪盛行的地方 |
[15:02] | Tax evasion, money laundering… | 逃税 洗钱 |
[15:04] | We’ll get into it. See if Jock–or his money– | 我们会继续调查 看乔克或者他的钱 |
[15:07] | paid a visit to any banks while in country. | 在国内时是否进出过任何银行 |
[15:09] | Do it. This fucker– and his minion– | 去办吧 这个混蛋和他的手下 |
[15:12] | hate that I’m in this office. | 恨死了我坐在这个位置 |
[15:14] | Will stop at nothing to remove me. | 会不惜代价地让我下台 |
[15:16] | So I need to fire first. | 所以我得先下手 |
[15:18] | Thank you both for picking up the cause. | 谢谢你们二位打响了第一枪 |
[15:23] | Your blood feud is not my cause. | 你的血海深仇不是我出手的原因 |
[15:25] | Why are you here if you don’t want to get Jock? | 如果你不想乔克垮台 你为什么在这 |
[15:27] | Oh, I want to get him. | 我想让他垮台 |
[15:28] | For all the reasons that don’t matter to you. | 只不过所有理由都跟你无关 |
[15:32] | Understood. | 明白 |
[15:34] | And still appreciated. | 仍然非常感谢 |
[15:41] | My uncle used to take me here. | 我叔叔以前经常带我来这 |
[15:43] | Cabbie joint. | 出租车司机是这里的常客 |
[15:45] | They know how to eat. Mm. | 他们最懂哪的东西好吃 |
[15:48] | Tell me about Mark to Market Analytics. | 跟我说说马克市场分析的事 |
[15:52] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[15:55] | I didn’t cooperate with the Feds. | 我没有跟政府合作 |
[15:57] | Not a word. | 一个字都没说 |
[15:58] | I know. That’s why I’m here. | 我知道 所以我才来这 |
[16:01] | So tell me what you didn’t tell them. | 告诉我你没告诉他们的事 |
[16:03] | I thought I was supposed to keep the gray stuff | 我以为我本该把这些灰色领域的东西 |
[16:04] | – far away from you. – You failed. | -跟你隔绝 -你没做到 |
[16:07] | So now I need to know. | 现在我必须搞清楚 |
[16:10] | Mark to Market’s a research company. | 马克市场分析是一家调研公司 |
[16:13] | I pretexted my way in the door | 我先满足了自己的需求 |
[16:14] | and rather than close a deal for their services, I… | 而不是为他们的客户做成交易 我… |
[16:18] | You swiped their recommended buys. | 你偷了他们的买入建议 |
[16:20] | I also skewed the numbers they reported to their competitors | 我还篡改了他们报给竞争对手的数字 |
[16:23] | so they’d make bad trades. | 他们就不会有好的交易 |
[16:24] | Love the spirit. | 想得不错 |
[16:26] | But that’s what’s gonna get the government guys | 但正因为如此 政府的人将会像 |
[16:27] | firing at you like the end of Bonnie and Clyde. | 《雌雄大盗》结尾那样向你扫射 |
[16:30] | Fuck me. | 见鬼 |
[16:31] | And if the SEC get the US Attorney involved– | 如果证监会把联邦检察官卷进来 |
[16:34] | they don’t just want the cheek meat, | 他们可不会见好就收 |
[16:37] | they’ll take your whole fucking head. | 他们会把你彻底干掉 |
[16:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:41] | What can I do? | 我能怎么做 |
[16:42] | Don’t do business with anyone | 别和你毕业后才认识的人 |
[16:43] | you haven’t known since grade school. | 做任何生意 |
[16:46] | And get a law firm on retainer. | 然后雇家律所 |
[16:50] | I’ll make sure this doesn’t track back to you. | 我会确保这个查不到你身上 |
[16:52] | I assumed that. | 我就是这样想的 |
[16:53] | Right up until you said it. | 直到你说出这句话 |
[17:06] | We connected with staff at the Cayman airport. | 我们联络了开曼机场 |
[17:08] | Jock never left the jet. | 乔克根本没下飞机 |
[17:09] | And no one ever joined him onboard. | 也没人登机见他 |
[17:11] | But there could still be gold in the pan. | 但仍旧可能有猫腻 |
[17:13] | Staff members recall another Cabinet official | 工作人员记得另一个政府官员 |
[17:15] | visiting on several occasions | 有过几次到访 |
[17:17] | that do not show up in the official logbook. | 而并没有出现在官方登记表上 |
[17:20] | Then taking a Town Car with tinted windows | 坐一辆贴膜的林肯城市 |
[17:23] | straight to Banco Esencial. | 直接去了塞西银行 |
[17:26] | It was Todd Krakow. Treasury Secretary. | 是托德·克拉科夫 财政部长 |
[17:29] | Find out who he’s doing business with down there. | 查出他在那里和谁打交道 |
[17:31] | And see what’s up. | 以及发生了什么 |
[17:33] | This could lead some strange and thorny places. | 这可能会牵涉到一些你擅长的 |
[17:36] | Where you thrive, Mr. Allerd… | 奇特而棘手的领域 阿尔罗德先生 |
[17:38] | I was born in the dark. | 我生于黑暗 |
[17:39] | But, T, you don’t need to continue | 但 小特 如果你不想做 |
[17:41] | down the path if you don’t want to. | 你不用继续做 |
[17:43] | If we’re going to find a way to use Krakow against Jock, I want. | 如果要用克拉科夫对付乔克 那我想继续 |
[17:48] | Gas up the State jet. | 给公务飞机加满油 |
[17:50] | Dollar Bill, you’ve been read into this | 美元大亨 你被告知这些 |
[17:52] | ’cause you know Victor the best, | 是因为你最了解维克多 |
[17:54] | and ’cause vouchsafed him back in here. | 也因为你为他做背书 |
[17:57] | Can we count on him to hold the line? | 我们能指望他坚持到底吗 |
[17:58] | Absolutely. Guy’s as loyal as John McCain | 绝对的 他像《河内希尔顿》里的 |
[18:01] | in the Hanoi Hilton. | 约翰·麦凯恩一样忠诚 |
[18:02] | Cut him loose. I hate to say it, | 放弃他 我不想这么说 |
[18:04] | but his carelessness has trumped his loyalty. | 但他的粗心压过了他的忠诚 |
[18:07] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[18:08] | What we owe to this famiglia isn’t just blood, | 我们欠这个家族成员的不止是血 |
[18:10] | it’s sentenza– | 而是裁决 |
[18:12] | You can’t do it. | 你不能这么做 |
[18:14] | You’re normally the driest-eyed guy in the room. | 你通常是这屋子里最冷酷的人 |
[18:16] | Oh, I couldn’t give a fuck whether Victor lives or dies. | 我才不在意维克托的死活 |
[18:18] | But you actually can’t. | 但真的不能 |
[18:21] | I’ve been reviewing | 我一直在检查 |
[18:22] | the terms of the agreement with Victor’s firm. | 维克托公司的合同条款 |
[18:24] | Rights and responsibilities and– | 权利和义务 然后 |
[18:26] | Taylor fucked us. | 泰勒搞了我们 |
[18:28] | Spacey-style. | 斯派西风格 |
[18:29] | Sneaky and from behind. | 从后偷袭 |
[18:31] | What did they do? | 他们干了什么 |
[18:32] | During their brief reign, | 在他们短暂的当权时期 |
[18:34] | Taylor papered the deal with Victor’s satellite– | 泰勒敲定了和维克托子公司的交易 |
[18:36] | Taylor inserted a term, | 泰勒增加了一个条款 |
[18:38] | deep in the definitions, | 在定义里面埋得很深 |
[18:39] | allowing Axe Cap to convert its investment | 允许阿克斯资本将其投资 |
[18:41] | into a general partnership. | 转化为一种宽泛的合作关系 |
[18:44] | I co-own Victor’s firm. | 我成了维克托公司的共同所有人 |
[18:46] | Victor’s actions are legally attributable to me. | 我要在法律上为维克托的行为负责 |
[18:50] | Fuckin’ Trojan Horse time bomb. | 见鬼的特洛伊木马延时炸弹 |
[18:52] | Taylor really knew us. All of us. | 泰勒真了解我们 我们全部 |
[18:54] | How the fuck could Taylor just do this–unilaterally? | 泰勒怎么单方面做到这个的 |
[18:57] | There was a co-conspirator. | 有个同谋 |
[18:58] | A co-signer anyway. Mafee. | 或者说副署人 玛菲 |
[19:03] | I am gonna grind his bones to make my bread. | 我要碾碎他的骨头当早饭 |
[19:05] | You are free to work on that. | 你可以自由地朝这个努力 |
[19:07] | Meanwhile, I gotta put moonlight between me and Victor. | 同时 我要和维克托撇清干系 |
[19:10] | The deal is ironclad. | 交易是板上钉钉的 |
[19:12] | This thing can be prosecuted. And will be. | 这事能被起诉 而且会被起诉 |
[19:14] | It’s a Darrell Dunkenstein Griffith slam dunk. | 这是个达雷尔·格里菲斯灌篮 |
[19:21] | Okay. Someone is gonna prosecute him, | 行 有人会起诉他 |
[19:24] | but it doesn’t have to be the US Attorney. | 但不一定要是联邦检察官 |
[19:30] | Go ahead and call him. | 去给他打电话 |
[19:33] | You want me to wrestle the case from the SEC, | 你让我把这案子从证交会夺出来 |
[19:34] | then, basically, let Victor go? | 然后放维克托走人 |
[19:36] | Put a conviction on the books. | 在卷宗上定个罪名 |
[19:38] | Then justice, or whatever the fuck they’re calling it these days | 然后正义 或者无论现在管它叫啥 |
[19:41] | Oh. Still calling it justice– | 还叫正义 |
[19:42] | Justice will be done. | 正义会到来的 |
[19:44] | And then no one needs to keep looking into Victor | 没人需要一直调查维克托 |
[19:46] | or anyone connected to him. | 或者和他有关的人 |
[19:48] | Sure. Bury the case by lightly burying your old confederate. | 当然 仅仅处理你的共犯把这事盖过去 |
[19:51] | No jail time. Or not much. | 不关进监狱 或者不关很久 |
[19:54] | Yeah, I can do that. But why? | 我能做到这个 但为什么 |
[19:56] | And when is this going to end? | 这什么时候到头 |
[19:57] | Yes. Favors are owed. | 的确 我欠了你人情 |
[19:58] | But I am not your barristerial footman. | 但我可不是你的法庭打手 |
[20:01] | Fair. And I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t need. | 很对 但我如非必须也不会求你 |
[20:06] | Ok. The State of New York now has Victor Mateo | 行 纽约州现在正柔和地 |
[20:08] | softly, gently, in its sights. | 轻轻地关照着维克托·马特奥 |
[20:18] | The New York State jet just took off for the Caymans– | 纽约州公务飞机刚飞去开曼 |
[20:20] | with Chuck Rhoades on board. | 载着查克·罗兹 |
[20:23] | When your wire got denied, you put out a travel bolo on him. | 你的监听申请被驳回后 你就追踪他的行程 |
[20:25] | Least I could do. | 只能做到这个 |
[20:27] | You actually could do less. | 你实际上还能做得更少 |
[20:29] | And you should. Unless you want to fall into | 并且你应该做得更少 除非你想 |
[20:31] | the same stuff that got Chuck kicked. | 掉进查克掉过的坑里 |
[20:32] | – Which is? – Becoming a walking cliche | -那是什么 -变成一个只专注 |
[20:34] | focused on territorial bullshit. | 领地之争的鼠目寸光之辈 |
[20:36] | Let him have his. We’ll take ours. | 让他管着他的地盘 我们管我们的 |
[20:39] | I’m the US Attorney now. I’m taking both. | 我现在是联邦检察官 我都要 |
[20:45] | While lattice, or grid fins, are– | 这些格子 或者网状鳍 |
[20:49] | improve maneuverability. | 增强了机动性 |
[20:51] | Higher mach speeds reduce drag and– | 更高马赫的速度的阻力减少了 |
[20:54] | You ready? | 你准备好了 |
[20:55] | For pitching and being pitched to? | 参加宣讲并被风投挑中 |
[20:57] | Call me Babe Ruth. | 叫我贝比·鲁斯 |
[20:59] | 红袜卖掉鲁斯后一蹶不振 再也没有夺冠过 人称”圣婴诅咒” | |
[20:59] | Let you go and an 86-year curse ensues? | 开了你 就得到一个86年的诅咒 |
[21:02] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[21:05] | You’re nervous. | 你在紧张 |
[21:05] | – No, I’m- – You are. | -没有 -你就是 |
[21:07] | Yeah. Okay, I am. A little. | 好吧 我有点 |
[21:10] | This is big for me. | 这对我很重要 |
[21:13] | I’ll talk the numbers. You’ll talk the science. | 我来谈数据 你来谈科学 |
[21:14] | Which you know better than anybody in the entire room. | 这方面你比屋里每个人都强 |
[21:17] | You can’t fail. | 你不可能失败 |
[21:23] | Who’s first? | 谁先来 |
[21:24] | His name is Brett Ford… | 他的名字是布赖特·福德 |
[21:26] | Defense contractor. | 国防承包商 |
[21:28] | Sells solar flare shields to NASA. | 给航天局供应太阳耀斑防护 |
[21:31] | And missile guidance to the military. | 给军队卖导弹制导系统 |
[21:34] | Jeff Kolanski. | 杰夫·克兰斯基 |
[21:35] | – He runs– – Blackstrup. | -他经营 -布莱克斯特拉普 |
[21:37] | 50 billion dollar market cap in aeronautics. | 在航空航天市场有五百亿美金份额 |
[21:39] | Yes. And finally Brian Dana. | 对 最后是布赖恩·达纳 |
[21:42] | Sharp investor. | 敏锐的投资者 |
[21:43] | More focused on startups than the others. | 相比其它更关注创业者 |
[21:45] | From what Taylor’s said of their father, | 从泰勒对她父亲的描述来看 |
[21:46] | he won’t be a fan of the defense contractor. | 他不会是国防承包商的粉丝 |
[21:48] | So who are they making a deal with? | 那他们在和谁做生意 |
[21:49] | ‘Cause we can’t do dick until we know that. | 我们不知道这个就没法捣乱 |
[21:51] | I’ll be monitoring subsequent communication. | 我会监听后续交流 |
[21:54] | Anything that tips their lean. | 注意一切蛛丝马迹 |
[21:55] | Well, then it seems like you have this in hand. | 你看起来一切尽在掌握 |
[21:59] | Enjoy your preparation for pledge week. | 好好准备你入会前锻炼周去吧 |
[22:05] | I have some work to get to. | 我还有点事要去做 |
[22:11] | One other thing: | 还有一件事 |
[22:12] | I made Taylor and Wendy at the same location. | 我发现泰勒和温蒂出现在同一个地方 |
[22:15] | Not the lab. | 不是那个实验室 |
[22:16] | I know you’d never doubt Ms. Rhoades’s loyalty. | 我知道你不会怀疑罗兹女士的忠诚 |
[22:19] | But in her current emotional state… | 但以她目前的精神状态… |
[22:22] | Monitor that situation even more closely. | 严密监视这个状况 |
[22:32] | You came a long way just to talk, my friend. | 亲爱的 你大老远跑来就是为了聊聊 |
[22:35] | Had you picked up the phone, | 如果你拨个电话 |
[22:36] | I could have saved you the trip. | 我能把你这趟给省了 |
[22:37] | Simply told you that Mr. Krakow does not hold accounts here. | 就只告诉你克拉科夫先生在这里没有开户 |
[22:41] | I’ve found that the drop-in is better. | 我发现还是登门拜访会更好些 |
[22:43] | The element of surprise? | 出其不意吗 |
[22:45] | Looks like you surprised yourself, | 看起来你给自己了一个出其不意 |
[22:47] | showing up in a Super 150s wool suit. | 穿150支的高织羊毛西装 |
[22:51] | When traveling, always dress for your destination. | 旅行时要根据你的目的地来穿衣服 |
[22:54] | Indeed I am dressed for my destination. | 我确实是根据我的目的地来穿衣服的 |
[22:57] | Oh, I’m heading back to New York shortly. | 我一会就回纽约了 |
[22:59] | Which is why I’m wearing this, and why you ought to be. | 所以我才穿成这样 你也应该这么穿 |
[23:05] | Are you accusing me of something? | 你是在指控我吗 |
[23:08] | Hiding the accounts | 隐瞒账户 |
[23:09] | or, uh, skimming from the accounts? | 还是从账户中偷钱 |
[23:12] | Both? Neither? Who cares. | 两个都是 都不是 谁关心这个 |
[23:14] | You should be more concerned with the coins. | 你更应该关注的是那些币 |
[23:16] | Coins of which currency? | 什么币种的币 |
[23:18] | Digital coins you have been offering. | 你发行的虚拟币 |
[23:20] | Forgive me, if I don’t understand all the, uh, | 请原谅 我可能对虚拟货币 |
[23:23] | peculiarities of cyber currency. | 没有那么了解 |
[23:25] | But without your bank knowing it, | 但在没有报备银行的情况下 |
[23:28] | you’ve been using its reputation to burnish these ICO scams | 你用银行的信誉为公开售币担保 |
[23:32] | and selling them to customers when you know damn well | 在明知它们一文不值的情况下 |
[23:35] | the coins are worthless | 把它们卖给你的客户 |
[23:36] | if they even exist in the first place… | 这些虚拟币到底是否存在都还是疑问… |
[23:40] | You know, I guess I do understand after all. | 你看 我想其实我还是懂行的 |
[23:42] | Because for all the ICO mumbo-jumbo, | 因为不论首次公开售币的噱头 |
[23:44] | what we have here– is an old-fashioned pig in a poke. | 实际上 就是老套的空手套白狼骗局 |
[23:47] | And were I to expose that scam, | 如果我把这个骗局揭露出来的话 |
[23:49] | I imagine you would be made an example of | 我想开曼当局会把你做个 |
[23:51] | by the Cayman authorities. | 反面教材来以儆效尤的 |
[23:53] | And I bet when they roar to life, they are efficient. | 我敢说一旦他们发现 就会非常有效率 |
[23:59] | And we can avoid all that | 如果我要是告诉你 |
[24:02] | if I tell you about Secretary Krakow’s accounts? | 克拉科夫部长账户的事 这些事就不会发生 |
[24:05] | Telling me? You’re telling everybody. | 告诉我 你要告诉所有人 |
[24:07] | Oh, you’re coming back to New York | 你要跟我回纽约 |
[24:08] | and going in front of a grand jury. | 去面对大陪审团作证 |
[24:11] | Today. | 今天就去 |
[24:15] | It’s a shame you’re wearing that. | 很遗憾你穿的是这个 |
[24:18] | Cold in New York. | 纽约可冷了 |
[24:34] | Fucking bad ass. | 我的天 |
[24:36] | It truly is. | 确实 |
[24:38] | I’m a bit of a buff about this event. | 我对这个仪式还挺着迷的 |
[24:40] | Did you know one year, John Astor | 你知道吗 有一年约翰·阿斯特 |
[24:42] | and Cornelius Vanderbilt wore the same dress | 居然和科尼利尔斯·范德比尔特撞衫了 |
[24:44] | and it was the social scandal of the season. | 那可是当季的一大社交丑闻 |
[24:49] | I bet I’ll never get the tap on the shoulder. | 我猜我这辈子是没戏了 |
[24:51] | You never know. When I was starting out, | 那可说不好 我刚入行的时候 |
[24:52] | my first big boss… he was a former president. | 我的第一个大老板… 是精英会前主席 |
[24:55] | 金融兄弟会的等级头衔 大家伙是主席 | |
[24:55] | You worked for a Grand Swipe? | 你给一个”大家伙”工作过 |
[24:57] | He was bringing me along. | 他挺喜欢我的 |
[24:58] | Then, after the first time I went to rehab, he cut me loose. | 后来我第一次进戒毒所以后 他就放弃我了 |
[25:02] | My father said I blew it. | 我爸说我搞砸了 |
[25:04] | I’d never get in. | 我再也进不去了 |
[25:05] | I’ve found I’ve been carrying this around | 我自从收到邀请以后 |
[25:09] | ever since I got the invite. | 就一直带着这个 |
[25:12] | This is Mr. Wagner. | 是瓦格纳先生 |
[25:14] | 金融兄弟会的等级头衔 大块头属第三级别 | |
[25:14] | A former Grand Loaf. | 他是兄弟会的”大块头” |
[25:16] | I dedicate all of this to the day he died. | 他去世的那天 我把这些都烧了 |
[25:20] | He was so damn disappointed. | 他特别失望 |
[25:24] | He’ll never get to see me like this… | 他再也没机会看见我这样荣耀了… |
[25:31] | Spyros, Dollar Bill, | 斯派罗 “美元大亨”比尔 |
[25:35] | find whatever greatness lies within you and nurture it. | 去发掘你们自身潜在的特质 去培养它 |
[25:41] | Eventually, it will be seen. | 最终它一定会闪光的 |
[25:50] | You already have your men, waiting to take me, huh? | 你都已经让你的人等着我了 |
[25:52] | Not his men. Not by a long shot. | 不是他的人 根本不是 |
[25:55] | I am the United States Attorney | 我是纽约南区 |
[25:56] | for the Southern District of New York. | 联邦检察官 |
[25:58] | You always say the full title Idi Amin-style? | 你一定要像伊迪·阿明那样把头衔都说全了吗 |
[26:00] | Whether or not I do, I am lord of all beasts of this case. | 说不说全 我都是这个案子的负责人 |
[26:04] | I have here a material witness order… | 我有一份重要证人的法庭传令 |
[26:06] | Signed by a judge, executed now by the FBI. | 法官签字 联调局执行 |
[26:10] | Mr. Abington, you can go with Agent Dancshazy. | 阿宾顿先生 你可以和丹沙泽探员走了 |
[26:12] | We have a lot to talk about. | 我们有很多要聊的 |
[26:21] | You fucked with the wrong Attorney General. | 你惹错检察长了 |
[26:23] | I’ll see you– | 我们… |
[26:24] | Oh, say it, fucking say it, Chuck. | 说吧 你他妈说吧 查克 |
[26:25] | – –In court. – Goddamned right you will. | -法庭见 -绝对的 |
[26:33] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[26:34] | All three companies accepted our term sheet. | 三家公司全都接受了我们的投资意向书 |
[26:42] | I don’t want to do any of these deals. | 我不想和任何一家签协议 |
[26:45] | Why’d you have us go through the meetings then? | 那你为什么还要参加那些会议 |
[26:46] | I went with you, because I thought, | 是和你一起去 因为我想 |
[26:48] | hey, this is Taylor’s area of expertise. | 这是泰勒擅长的领域 |
[26:50] | But I did not come to New York to do business with strangers. | 但我来纽约不是要和陌生人做生意的 |
[26:54] | I came here to work with my family. | 我来这是为了和我的家人一起工作的 |
[26:57] | So, like, you wanna pass on everyone? | 所以你哪家都不想要 |
[27:01] | What would make you happy? | 怎么做你才会开心 |
[27:02] | You. You financing the whole thing. | 你 你来进行全部注资 |
[27:05] | With banks, if necessary. | 如果需要的话 找银行贷款 |
[27:07] | But it’s clear to me you don’t want to take that risk. | 但我很清楚你不想冒这个险 |
[27:09] | You don’t believe in the idea strongly enough. | 你对这个创意还没有十足的信心 |
[27:12] | In me enough. | 对我没有十足的信心 |
[27:15] | The smartest thing, the necessary thing, | 最聪明的做法 必要的做法 |
[27:18] | is a strategic partnership. | 是找一个战略合伙人 |
[27:19] | Which brings with it a stronger endorsement of the utility. | 可以为项目提供更有力的背书 |
[27:22] | This is a sign of how much I believe. | 这么做就表明了我的信心 |
[27:24] | Enough not to humor you. | 我有足够的信心去制定个能赢的方案 |
[27:26] | But to make a plan to win. | 而不是忽悠你 |
[27:27] | The only plan I see is the one where you protect your own hide. | 我看到的方案都是为了自保 |
[27:37] | I’m gonna… | 我去… |
[27:47] | Hey, look. | 听着 |
[27:50] | From time to time I’ve been asked to get right with some stuff | 有时候我被要求要容忍一些 |
[27:53] | I didn’t fully agree with. | 我并不完全认同的东西 |
[27:54] | And I rolled with it. | 但我会跟随的 |
[27:56] | Because I wasn’t the smartest person in the room. | 因为我不会是房间里最聪明的那个人 |
[27:59] | I’m always the smartest person in the room. | 我永远是房间里最聪明的 |
[28:02] | Then I can’t help you. Especially if you think that | 那我就没什么可帮你的了 尤其是当你和 |
[28:04] | when you’re in the same room with Taylor. | 泰勒在一个房间时 你还这么想 |
[28:29] | The four freedoms, as identified by FDR– | 富兰克林·罗斯福倡导的四大自由 |
[28:31] | speech, worship, from fear, from want. | 言论自由 信仰自由 免于恐惧和贫困 |
[28:34] | That was part of Roosevelt’s shpiel | 那是罗斯福让美国参战的 |
[28:36] | to get America into the war. | 说词之一 |
[28:38] | Effective. | 很有效 |
[28:39] | Appealing to not only our desires, | 不仅仅迎合了我们想要的 |
[28:40] | but also to that of which we’re most afraid. | 也同样考虑到了我们害怕的 |
[28:42] | He knew how to rouse. | 他知道如何煽动 |
[28:44] | Which do you think is the more effective tool: | 那你觉得哪个是更有效的工具 |
[28:46] | appealing to someone’s aspirations or their fear? | 迎合人的渴望还是直指他们的恐惧 |
[28:50] | If you want to motivate someone to a specific action? | 如果你想激励人去做什么特定的事 |
[28:52] | I’d say be like Roosevelt and do both. | 我会说像罗斯福那样 两者兼顾 |
[28:56] | I think that’s correct. | 我认为你说得对 |
[28:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:01] | Louis Kahn built this, didn’t he? | 路易斯·康的设计 对吧 |
[29:05] | The original starchitect. | 建筑哲学大师 |
[29:07] | Before the term was even coined. | 在这个词还没发明之前 |
[29:09] | Yes. He called this: a space of inspired use. | 对 他称之为 充满灵感的空间利用 |
[29:13] | But he never saw it come to be. | 但他没能活着看见这里建成 |
[29:14] | The financing didn’t come through during his lifetime. | 他生前没有筹集到资金 |
[29:16] | – Or even right after. – Despite his genius. | -刚去世的时候也没有 -尽管他很有才华 |
[29:20] | It was his son, wasn’t it? Who brought him back. | 是不是他儿子 让世人重新认识了他 |
[29:22] | Made that documentary about him. | 制作了一部关于他的纪录片 |
[29:24] | Yes. It wasn’t until the film, years after his father’s death, | 是的 直到影片问世 他父亲去世几年后 |
[29:27] | that the world remembered how special he was. | 世人才记起他有多么特别 |
[29:29] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[29:31] | The kid–the whole movie is him trying to understand his father, | 那孩子 整部影片是他努力了解父亲的过程 |
[29:34] | what made him great, what made him distant. | 是什么让他如此伟大 是什么让他如此疏离 |
[29:36] | It’s a search to get to the soul of a great designer | 这是在探寻一个伟大的设计师和创新者的灵魂 |
[29:37] | and innovator, who happened to be a flawed man. | 这个伟大的人身上也有缺陷 |
[29:41] | I’m guessing, for someone like you, | 我猜 对于像你这样 |
[29:43] | someone who’s always looking for the new approach, | 永远在寻找新方法的人来说 |
[29:45] | the thought of Kahn walking around with plans | 一想到康构思为了如此宏伟壮丽的建筑 |
[29:49] | for something this striking and important, | 带着平面图四处奔走 |
[29:53] | but never saw it built… | 却没有看到它建成的哪天… |
[29:56] | And it took the child from whom he was estranged | 结果却是被他疏远的孩子 |
[29:58] | to make the world remember. | 让世人记住了他 |
[29:59] | And I thought: I want to see it. | 我就想 我要来这里看看 |
[30:01] | And I bet Wendy would like it, too. | 而且我敢肯定温蒂也想看看 |
[30:03] | Here’s what I bet. | 有件事我很肯定 |
[30:05] | I bet all Louis Kahn wanted was to connect with his son. | 我敢说路易斯·康一心只想跟儿子走得更近 |
[30:09] | But that his work kept calling to him, | 可是他的工作一直在召唤他 |
[30:10] | pushing him, driving him. | 推动他 驱使他 |
[30:13] | And at a certain point, the gap was just too great. | 到了某个时刻 两人间的鸿沟大到无法逾越 |
[30:18] | But in the end, the son found him. | 可是最后 他儿子还是理解了他 |
[30:20] | And showed Kahn’s greatness to the rest of the world. | 让世界见到了康的伟大之处 |
[30:24] | I have to imagine that even through the sadness, | 我必须这样想象 两个人跨越了悲伤 |
[30:28] | the time, the mortality, | 跨越了时间和生死 |
[30:33] | there’s a connection now, between them. | 走到了一起 建立了关系 |
[30:36] | That’s very hopeful. | 这番话让人心怀希望 |
[30:39] | I want you to be right. | 我希望你是对的 |
[30:52] | Helena, I need you to track down | 海伦娜 我要你去查一下 |
[30:54] | some old session notes from storage in the Westport office. | 韦斯特波特办公室里的以前的谈话笔记 |
[30:57] | All my files for Taylor Mason. | 我写的泰勒·梅森的所有档案 |
[31:11] | Where have you been? You haven’t been very reachable. | 你去哪了 一直都找不到你 |
[31:13] | Three alarm fire. It’s all hosed down. All good. | 后宫着了三把火 都已经摆平了 没事了 |
[31:17] | I sent Chef Ryan out. | 我让瑞恩主厨回家了 |
[31:19] | Figured it might be fun if we cooked our own dinner. | 我觉得我们自己做晚饭应该也挺有意思的 |
[31:21] | Rolling gnocchi together? Like in Godfather 3. | 一起揉面团吗 像《教父3》里那样 |
[31:24] | That didn’t turn out so well. | 那个的结局可不太好 |
[31:25] | I refuse to believe that such a thing | 我拒绝相信 |
[31:26] | as Godfather 3 even exists. | 《教父3》这种东西的存在 |
[31:28] | Salute. | 说得好 |
[31:30] | So, think about what you want to make, | 你想想你要做什么菜 |
[31:32] | and we’ll open a couple bottles while we’re prepping, | 我们开几瓶酒 边做饭边喝 |
[31:35] | it’ll be fun– | 会很有意思的 |
[31:36] | That sounds like a great start to a night. | 这样开始夜晚的生活真不错 |
[31:38] | So, why do I have a hunch | 我怎么觉得 |
[31:40] | that the part after dinner’s gonna be even better? | 晚饭之后的部分会更好呢 |
[31:43] | Because you know your customer. | 因为你很了解你的客人 |
[31:58] | You know what a C.A.C.O. Is? | 你知道CACO是什么吗 |
[32:00] | The military thing. | 军事用语 |
[32:01] | It’s Casualty Assistance Calls Officer– | 伤亡援助电话处官员 |
[32:04] | The ones who notify next of kin when a soldier– | 给军人家属传达阵亡消息的人 |
[32:08] | So who died? | 谁不行了 |
[32:09] | More of a what. | 应该说是什么事不行了 |
[32:11] | The thing I said I could do for you with Victor. | 我答应为你办的维克多的事 |
[32:13] | You lose another cushy government job already– | 你又把政府的安稳工作给丢了 |
[32:15] | Far from. No. | 没有 完全没有 |
[32:17] | I am so deep in it, in fact, | 事实上 我现在深陷泥潭 |
[32:18] | that my old enemies are drawing down on me as we speak. | 此时此刻我的旧仇人都对我虎视眈眈 |
[32:21] | So, much as I’d like to do you your courtesy, | 因此 尽管我很想回报你对我的帮助 |
[32:23] | any move I make with Victor will invite scrutiny | 我针对维克多的所有行动都会招来 |
[32:26] | from the very people you want to avoid. | 避之不及的人的监视 |
[32:29] | Rather than bury the case, it will mark it with an X. | 不但不能掩人耳目 反而会招来关注 |
[32:31] | Huh, so I’m collateral damage. | 那我就会受到牵连 成了附带伤害 |
[32:35] | Normally I’m the one casually leaving the wreckage. | 一般情况下我都是造成伤害的人 |
[32:38] | I imagine this feels worse. | 那你现在一定更不好受 |
[32:40] | Both suck. | 两种都没好到哪里去 |
[32:43] | Well. I appreciate you delivering the news | 感谢你快速及时地亲自 |
[32:45] | promptly and in person. | 告知消息 |
[32:58] | I’m thinking we do some steaks. | 我觉得我们可以煎点牛排 |
[33:00] | I make a mean smashed potatoes. | 我做的土豆泥非常好吃 |
[33:02] | Not mashed. I smash those fuckers. | 不是捣碎的 是压碎的 |
[33:05] | You know what, I think you’re right. | 你知道吗 我觉得你说得对 |
[33:06] | – Let’s go out. – What? | -我们出去吃吧 -你说什么 |
[33:08] | Ahh, we don’t need to cook. Quick dinner. | 这样我们就不用做饭了 速战速决 |
[33:11] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[33:12] | You went to the elevator okay | 你往电梯走的时候还好好的 |
[33:14] | and you came back all fucked up. | 回来就六神无主了 |
[33:16] | Nothing. I don’t want to talk about it. | 没什么 我不想谈这件事 |
[33:18] | What? Did the fire flare back up on you? | 怎么了 死灰复燃了吗 |
[33:22] | Details. Go. C’mon. | 我要细节 快说 |
[33:23] | I said I don’t want to talk about it. Fuck. | 我说了我不想谈 见鬼 |
[33:27] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[33:29] | Why don’t we just have a drink or something? | 去喝杯酒之类的 |
[33:32] | This is one of those moments | 这是人们在做水肺潜水的时候 |
[33:32] | that people get to when they scuba dive. | 会遇到的一种情况 |
[33:36] | It’s ‘maximum recreational depth.’ | 所谓的”最大休闲潜水深度” |
[33:39] | You wondering if there’s enough oxygen to go deeper? | 你不知道有没有足够的氧气支持你下潜 |
[33:42] | No, you’re wondering | 不 是你不知道自己愿不愿意 |
[33:44] | if you want to go deeper with me. | 跟我建立更深的关系 |
[33:46] | We’ve been deep. | 我们的关系已经很深了 |
[33:47] | Sure. But that doesn’t count. | 没错 可是那些不算数的 |
[33:49] | You were married for a long time. | 你之前的婚姻维持了很久 |
[33:52] | For you, talking business– | 对你而言 跟一个女人 |
[33:54] | or whatever issue you’re having– | 谈正事或者谈你面对的困难 |
[33:56] | with a woman is more intense, | 要比性爱更猛烈 |
[34:00] | it’s more personal than sex. | 更私密 |
[34:01] | And you are not ready for that. | 而你还没有准备好 |
[34:03] | That doesn’t seem right. | 听起来不太对劲 |
[34:05] | No. It’s not right. | 没错 确实不对劲 |
[34:08] | But it is true. | 但事实就是如此 |
[34:13] | I’ll give you your space. | 我会给你些空间 |
[34:26] | You ok? | 你还好吧 |
[34:28] | The question is: are you? | 该问的是 你还好吧 |
[34:29] | With this? | 能接受这件事吗 |
[34:30] | If I said “No” Would it change anything? | 我说不接受有用吗 |
[34:33] | Just do what you have to do. | 你该做什么就做吧 |
[34:36] | You offered this. You suggested… | 这个建议是你提的 你建议… |
[34:38] | Kevin! Eva! | 凯文 伊娃 |
[34:40] | I allowed it, yes. | 我允许你做这种事 |
[34:41] | And now, I am facilitating it. | 现在我还在帮你实现计划 |
[34:43] | By taking the kids out. | 所以我才带孩子们出去 |
[34:44] | But it is not fair to ask me to like it. | 但是你不能强求我喜欢这种事 |
[34:49] | I’m taking the kids out for the night, | 今晚我和孩子们不回来了 |
[34:50] | so you can have your… personal training session. | 这样你就可以上你的私人健身课了 |
[34:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:54] | Okay, guys. | 好了 孩子们 |
[34:55] | – Bye, Dad. – Bye. | -再见 爸爸 -再见 |
[34:57] | Bye, Dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[34:58] | Don’t let Grandpa ruin your fun. | 不要让爷爷扫了你们的兴 |
[35:00] | Words to live by. | 谢谢忠告 |
[35:54] | So do I call you Mistress Cassie or Goddess or– | 我应该叫你凯西夫人还是女神 或者… |
[36:22] | Figured I’d find you here. | 就知道你在这 |
[36:24] | Dad. You are living out your pathology again. | 爸 你旧病复发了 |
[36:27] | If you mean not wanting another thing | 如果你是指不想让我的设计 |
[36:29] | ripped out from under me, yeah. | 再一次被人从我手中夺走 没错 |
[36:30] | I think I’ve been pretty clear about that. | 我觉得我已经说得很清楚了 |
[36:34] | That’s not the way it happened. | 事情不是你说的那样 |
[36:35] | We both know it, so it’s time to admit it. | 你知我知 你也该承认了 |
[36:39] | What? | 你说什么 |
[36:40] | “Worked on a project using company resources. | “挪用公司资源研究项目 |
[36:43] | Did not share it with company executives in a proper manner.” | 未按章程向公司管理层汇报” |
[36:45] | How did you get ahold of my personnel file? | 你是怎么拿到我的人事档案的 |
[36:51] | What matters is: I know. | 重要的是我已经知道了 |
[36:53] | 纪律调查表–仅供内部使用 员工 道格拉斯·梅森 | |
[36:53] | 违规内容 资产/设备滥用 说谎或欺诈 泄露机密信息 | |
[36:57] | My supervisor wasn’t capable of understanding it. | 我的主管没有理解项目的能力 |
[36:59] | He would have fucked it up. I was taking it to the CEO– | 他会把事情搞砸 我本打算汇报给总裁 |
[37:02] | But instead you tried to walk it across the street? | 但你最后改变心意打算把项目带走 |
[37:04] | I wanted it to find a proper home | 我只想给它找一个好的归宿 |
[37:05] | where it would see the light of day | 让它有一天能够得到应用 |
[37:07] | and get the chance that it deserved. | 让它得到它应得的发展机会 |
[37:08] | And now you’re spying on me… and taking their side. | 但现在你却在暗中监视我 站到了他们那边 |
[37:12] | I’m not. I’m on your side. | 我没有 我是站在你这边的 |
[37:14] | I always have been. | 我一直都是你这边的 |
[37:18] | What if I told you that your company had you in line | 如果我告诉你在你采取行动前 你们公司 |
[37:20] | to be CTO before you did what you did? | 已经把你列为技术总监的候选人了呢 |
[37:24] | Are you kidding me? Don’t bullshit about that– | 你在开玩笑吗 别拿这种事瞎扯 |
[37:27] | Would I bullshit about that? | 我会瞎扯这种事吗 |
[37:31] | We are here now. | 走到今天这一步 |
[37:32] | We can’t hide secrets and live on false memories. | 我们不能相互隐瞒秘密 活在虚假的记忆里 |
[37:34] | Not anymore. | 不能再继续这样 |
[37:39] | Hey, kid, what do you say we keep it clean | 孩子 我们先不吵了 |
[37:41] | and go it alone for another round? | 我们先单干一轮 你觉得怎么样 |
[37:42] | With you funding the next steps. | 只要你投资下一个阶段 |
[37:44] | An additional fourteen million, by my calculations, | 按照我的估算 大概还需要投资一千四百万 |
[37:47] | which you’ll see back fivefold. | 到时候你可以拿到五倍的回报 |
[37:49] | Your calculations are inaccurate. And low. | 你的计算并不准确 所需的投资远不止那些 |
[37:51] | And that return is unrealistic. | 而且回报金额也不现实 |
[37:53] | We need a strategic partnership. | 我们需要一个战略伙伴 |
[37:56] | There are areas, myriad areas, | 在很多领域上 大多数领域上 |
[37:58] | where your wisdom, your smarts surpass mine. | 你的智慧 你的头脑都远胜过我 |
[38:01] | That’s what I tried to explain to Mafee. | 我也试着向玛菲解释这一点 |
[38:04] | But this isn’t one of them. Is it? | 但说服别人这一点并非你的强项 不是吗 |
[38:09] | No. | 是的 |
[38:12] | So? | 所以呢 |
[38:16] | We go your way. | 我们按照你的方法来 |
[38:20] | It is hard becoming a new version of yourself. | 你能转变成全新的自己真是不容易 |
[38:25] | You finally understand me. | 你终于理解我了 |
[38:47] | Sorry, I know an ounce of this | 抱歉 我只是听说这东西 |
[38:48] | probably costs more than caviar but, uh– | 可能比鱼子酱还要贵 但 |
[38:51] | Jesus, Chuck. | 天啊 查克 |
[38:52] | It got a little out of hand. | 刚刚有点失控了 |
[38:54] | It’ll be okay. | 不过会没事的 |
[38:57] | It barely hurts– | 其实都不怎么疼 |
[38:58] | I’m not worried about that. | 我担心的不是这个 |
[39:01] | People are gonna think I did this to you. | 大家会认为你身上的伤是我弄的 |
[39:05] | I’ll tell ’em I took up jiu-jitsu again. | 那我就告诉他们我又重新练柔道了 |
[39:07] | To plausibly account for these bruises. And future ones. | 就能合理解释这些和以后的淤青 |
[39:11] | Wait, you plan on continuing with this? | 等等 你还打算继续这么做吗 |
[39:17] | Wendy. What I did tonight… | 温蒂 我今晚做的事 |
[39:19] | I can’t live without. | 是我生命中不可或缺的 |
[39:23] | And I won’t. | 我不会罢休 |
[39:44] | You never invited me for coffee. | 你从没请我喝过咖啡 |
[39:47] | Even when we were dating. | 即使是我们以前约会的时候 |
[39:50] | These days we rarely talk, so… | 这段时间我们很少聊天 所以 |
[39:53] | I made a mistake forcing the lockup. | 我不应该强制封锁资金 |
[39:58] | So you’re releasing the money? | 所以你要解冻资金了吗 |
[39:59] | No, that stays where it is. | 不 还是保持原样 |
[40:01] | But you and the kids can go to California. | 但你和孩子们可以去加州 |
[40:04] | You getting re-married? | 你要再婚了吗 |
[40:06] | New kid on the way? | 已经怀孕了吗 |
[40:07] | Gonna off yourself? | 打算向我炫耀吗 |
[40:09] | 0-for-3. | 都不是 |
[40:11] | Talk to me. | 跟我聊聊嘛 |
[40:12] | We don’t do that anymore. | 我们早就无话可说了 |
[40:14] | We can’t. | 我们聊不来 |
[40:15] | You’re merely getting what you asked for. | 你基本上得不到你想要的东西 |
[40:16] | On your timeline. | 按你的时间表 |
[40:18] | Your way. | 依你的方法 |
[40:19] | Suited to your needs. | 只能满足你的要求 |
[40:20] | Well, my money, you know? | 因为都是我的钱 你明白吗 |
[40:22] | Yeah. I really do. | 是的 我当然知道 |
[40:25] | That was wrong and stupid to say. | 我知道这么说很不对也很蠢 |
[40:26] | – I’m sorry. – But it was true. | -对不起 -但都是实话 |
[40:30] | I don’t know what you valued in me. | 我不知道你觉得我身上有什么价值 |
[40:32] | If it was the street smarts or my neighborhood roots– | 也许是我的小聪明或是我和邻里的关系网 |
[40:35] | Loyalty. | 忠诚 |
[40:37] | And at some point, you feel like I violated that. | 但在某个时刻 你觉得我已经不再忠诚了 |
[40:40] | Shortly after I did. | 在我不忠后不久 |
[40:42] | I was about to say that. | 我刚想说这句 |
[40:44] | I know. I spared us both. | 我知道 我说出来省得咱俩费劲 |
[40:49] | Sometimes I wonder: what if you didn’t get so rich? | 有时我会想 如果你没这么有钱会怎样 |
[40:52] | What if we lived a simpler life– | 如果我们只简简单单地生活 |
[40:54] | Nah. There was never going to be a different version. | 不可能 有钱这件事是我命中注定的 |
[40:58] | That’s not how I’m made. | 我就是这样一个人 |
[41:03] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[41:07] | It’s nothing to be sad about, | 虽然明知没什么好遗憾的 |
[41:08] | but for some reason I am. | 但不知怎么我就是有些遗憾 |
[41:19] | Send me a rider saying I can take the kids… | 给我一份孩子归我的附文 |
[41:21] | and a quarter of the money… | 再给我四分之一的财产 |
[41:22] | wherever the fuck I want. | 我想怎么花就怎么花 |
[41:46] | Your wife laid into you good. | 你老婆好好收拾了你一顿 |
[41:49] | Jiu-jitsu. | 柔术课搞的 |
[41:51] | Just getting the blood going. | 活动活动筋骨而已 |
[41:59] | Well, we’ve got a scorcher here today. | 我们今天可要有热闹看了 |
[42:02] | I know in the box score | 我知道如果按照统计来看 |
[42:03] | this’ll just go down as a motion to enjoin, | 这案子一定会变成禁止动议 |
[42:05] | but I’m looking at a clash of the titans. | 但我今天要看到的可是神仙打架 |
[42:08] | One of those old-fashioned | 像那种老式的经典场景 |
[42:10] | Sunday afternoon franchise crossovers. | 周日的下午的混战电影 |
[42:12] | King Kong vs. Godzilla. | 《哥斯拉大战金刚》 |
[42:16] | Or maybe Abbott and Costello against the Mummy. | 或者也可能是《两傻捉尸记》 |
[42:19] | Mr. Rhoades, you’re away. | 罗兹先生 你先开始 |
[42:20] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[42:22] | I’d like you to vacate Mr. Connerty’s | 我希望您能撤销康纳蒂先生的重要证人 |
[42:24] | material witness claim against the banker, Mr. Abington, | 对银行家阿宾顿先生的指控 |
[42:26] | and block SDNY from putting it in front of a grand jury. | 并且阻止纽约南区将其交由大陪审团裁决 |
[42:29] | I’m sure you’ve got a great answer to this, but…why? | 我相信你一定有一个很好的理由 但为什么 |
[42:32] | Abington is my witness. | 阿宾顿是我的证人 |
[42:34] | I found him. I signed him up. | 我找到了他 我和他达成了协议 |
[42:36] | Brought him back to these shores. | 我把他带回了这里 |
[42:38] | The Feds can’t just bigfoot and take what they want. | 联调局不能横插一脚 为所欲为 |
[42:40] | Like you did so many times when you were in that job? | 就像你在位的时候常做的那样吗 |
[42:43] | These crimes have a nexus to New York State–my constabulary. | 这些罪行和纽约州有关联 我的地盘 |
[42:47] | The underlying financial fraud of…Target X originated here. | 其中涉及目标X的金融诈骗正源自于此 |
[42:51] | You can say his name. I closed the court | 你可以说出他的名字 庭审不对外 |
[42:53] | and agreed to seal the record | 我也已经同意记录保密了 |
[42:54] | so we can talk about what we’re talking about. | 所以我们可以敞开天窗说亮话 |
[42:56] | But he can’t. Not really. | 但他不能 还是有所顾忌 |
[42:58] | There are issues of executive privilege here. | 这里面牵扯到行政特权的问题 |
[43:00] | Going after Treasury Secretary Krakow would involve | 追查财政部长克拉科夫可能会 |
[43:02] | delving into some seriously protected federal material | 涉及到一些严格保密的联邦信息 |
[43:05] | that Mr. Rhoades does not have access to. | 罗兹先生对此没有权限 |
[43:07] | And given everything that would need to be redacted, | 并且考虑到所有信息都要模糊处理 |
[43:09] | Mr. New York State would be gagged and blindfolded. | 这位纽约州先生也只能三缄其口了 |
[43:11] | – A position he knows well– – None o’ that– | -这种处境他再清楚不过了 -胡说八道 |
[43:14] | I can make the case without any of those concerns. | 我可以毫无顾虑地办理这个案子 |
[43:16] | You just want what I have. | 你只是想从我手上得到信息 |
[43:17] | Is that what this is, Mr. Connerty, | 这才是这个案子的重点吗 康纳蒂先生 |
[43:20] | the green-eyed monster of jealousy? | 眼闪绿光的嫉妒怪兽 |
[43:21] | No. It’s wanting something done right. | 不 只是希望某些事能公正地处理好 |
[43:23] | Right for whom? | 对谁来说的公正 |
[43:25] | When Mr. Connerty blows this case | 当康纳蒂先生搞砸这起案子的时候 |
[43:27] | how will we know it’s genuine incompetence | 我们又怎么知道这到底是他的失职 |
[43:29] | and that he didn’t bury it for his boss– | 而不是他在为上司打掩护呢 |
[43:31] | one Cabinet Secretary covering for another. | 官官相护 |
[43:33] | That sounds more like a Chuck Rhoades tactic. | 这听起来更像是查克·罗兹的常用策略 |
[43:35] | Okay, neutral corners. | 好了 暂停一下 |
[43:38] | You both make decent points. | 你们各自阐述了有力的观点 |
[43:39] | And it’s fun as hell watching you rock ’em and sock ’em. | 看着你们憋足了劲掐架是挺有意思的 |
[43:42] | But before someone’s head flies off, | 但在你们把对方的头砍下来之前 |
[43:44] | I’m gonna rule. | 我得先做出裁决 |
[43:45] | Judge, I have more to say– | 法官 我还要话要说 |
[43:46] | I’m about to rule in your favor, | 我马上要做出对你有利的裁决 |
[43:48] | so maybe don’t pitch past the W. | 也许你不该先急着说话 |
[43:53] | He’s got the federal records and the witness– | 他有联邦档案和证人 |
[43:57] | I think a case in motion should stay in motion. | 我认为处于审理中的案件应该继续进行 |
[43:59] | So Mr. Rhoades’s motion is denied. | 所以罗兹先生的动议被否决了 |
[44:08] | Yeah. Yeah, looks like there’s a new one | 你的眼眶下面好像 |
[44:10] | darkening right under your eye. | 又青了一圈 |
[44:13] | Might need Mick to cut ya if you plan on continuing. Huh? | 如果你想接着斗 可能得让教练给你割眼睛 |
[44:13] | 电影《洛奇》中的经典桥段 洛奇在比赛中被打得眼睛肿胀 恳求教练把眼皮割开消肿 | |
[44:18] | The modern thing is that everyone wins. | 现在讲的是共赢 |
[44:20] | But we win more, right– | 但我们得赢得更多 对吗 |
[44:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:25] | I’m sorry, I tried to– | 抱歉 我已经尽力 |
[44:26] | She did. | 她确实尽力了 |
[44:28] | Go. | 散了吧 |
[44:35] | I should have looked at every contract Taylor ever worked on. | 我应该好好检查泰勒起草的每一份合同 |
[44:38] | Dissected every move. | 逐条分析 |
[44:40] | Anticipated land mines. But I didn’t. | 料到她给我使了坏 可是我没这么做 |
[44:43] | And now, this guy Victor– | 现在 维克多这个家伙 |
[44:45] | who used to work for me | 以前为我工作过 |
[44:46] | and kind of still does– | 现在在某种程度上还在为我工作 |
[44:48] | he could really hurt me. | 他能把我坑惨了 |
[44:51] | So, you gonna tell me what changed from our last convo? | 你想告诉我 我们上次谈话后有什么改变吗 |
[44:54] | Well, for one thing, I need to solve this Victor problem– | 首先 我得先解决维克多的麻烦 |
[44:58] | And you worked through whatever you needed to, | 你尽了自己最大的能力 |
[45:01] | to free yourself up. | 来让自己解脱 |
[45:03] | Helped that it was a prison of my own making. | 就算这是我给自己挖的坑 |
[45:06] | I’d shown myself in. | 我自己踩进去了 |
[45:08] | I knew the way out. Clean. | 我也能找到出路 毫发无损 |
[45:10] | And this isn’t. | 但这不是出路 |
[45:14] | But I like messy. | 但我喜欢麻烦 |
[45:16] | ‘Cause it gives me something to clean up. | 因为有东西能让我收拾 |
[45:19] | I take control instead of the mess controlling me. | 我来掌控主动 而不是让麻烦掌控我 |
[45:27] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[45:29] | I should’ve been talking to you about this | 我从一开始就应该 |
[45:31] | from the very beginning. | 和你谈这个话题的 |
[45:34] | Yeah, true. | 是啊 |
[45:36] | But you can tell me now… | 但你现在可以告诉我了 |
[45:44] | You will not sit with the SEC. | 你不会再和证监会的人见面了 |
[45:46] | You don’t need to anymore. | 已经不用这么做了 |
[45:48] | I cleaned up your mess: | 我把你的烂摊子收拾了 |
[45:50] | I purchased Mark to Market Analytics | 我买下了马克市场分析 |
[45:52] | for a sickening premium. | 就是为了花钱消灾 |
[45:53] | And with it, the silence of the CEO– | 如此一来 总裁的嘴会被封住 |
[45:56] | who will not be cooperating with the government. | 他就不会和政府合作了 |
[45:59] | But remember this, | 但你记好了 |
[46:01] | when you look back on this time at the end of your life, | 当你走向了生命尽头 回望这一刻的时候 |
[46:04] | it was me who carried you. | 是我拉了你一把 |
[46:08] | – Thank you. – Fuck you. | -谢谢你 -去你妈的 |
[46:10] | I now own a research firm I never wanted. | 我现在有了一家我根本不想要的调查公司 |
[46:12] | And your ass. | 还有你的小命 |
[46:13] | You’re going to work off the debt. | 你得把债还清 |
[46:17] | If you want more of my firm– | 如果你想要我公司的更多股份 |
[46:18] | You no longer have a firm. | 你已经没有公司了 |
[46:20] | Your fund has lost its utility and is done. | 你的基金已经失去效用了 木已成舟 |
[46:23] | You’re now back at Axe Cap, where you will work | 你现在回到阿克斯资本了 而你将会在这 |
[46:25] | like a fucking sharecropper to clear your tab. | 像农奴一样工作 直到还清你的债 |
[46:42] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[46:43] | Some things have changed, but– | 发生了一些变化 不过 |
[46:44] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[46:46] | Victor Mateo. | 维克多·马特奥 |
[46:48] | Hey, rock star. What do you do here? | 大明星 你来干什么 |
[46:53] | Earn. | 赚钱 |
[47:00] | I noticed a new addition to my docket. | 我的诉讼事件表上又多了一件案子 |
[47:02] | That health care case begging for | 那件极度需要高曝光度 |
[47:03] | some high-profile, DeGiulio-made law. | 和德朱利奥制定的法律裁决的健康保险案 |
[47:06] | That– and a fondness for beer– | 有了那个 再加上你爱喝啤酒的习惯 |
[47:08] | will light your path to the highest court in the land. | 将会照亮你通向全国最高法院的道路 |
[47:11] | Loving every step of the climb… | 享受向上爬的每一步 |
[47:14] | You think Connerty knew | 你觉得康纳蒂知道 |
[47:16] | we were throwing that Krakow case to him? | 我们打算把克拉科夫的案子让给他吗 |
[47:17] | No way he knows I want him to have it. | 他不可能知道我想让给他 |
[47:20] | Men seldom realize when things are rigged in their favor. | 事情朝有利方向发展时 人们很少会意识到 |
[47:23] | It would require them to have a realistic | 这会需要他们对自己的资历 |
[47:25] | and limited view of their skills. | 有一个现实却有限的定位 |
[47:27] | To be in touch with humility. | 还需要保持谦逊 |
[47:29] | He doesn’t present so humble anymore. | 他现在可不怎么谦虚 |
[47:31] | Nope. He took that viper home, | 不 他接下了那颗烫手山芋 |
[47:33] | like it was a Kewpie doll he won at the county fair. | 就像在集市上赢到的娃娃一样 |
[47:37] | And now, he and his boss will go after each other | 现在 他和他的上司会像塞尔维亚人 |
[47:39] | like Serbs and Croats. | 和克罗地亚人一样反目 |
[47:43] | So I get the same deal as with the other guy? | 我和之前那个人定的协议还是一样的吗 |
[47:45] | Better. Because you’ll get federal protection. | 还要更好 因为你会得到联邦保护 |
[47:48] | – Yeah, okay, sure. – Yeah. | -是吗 好吧 -没错 |
[47:50] | So Krakow would come in, personally, every other– | 所以克拉科夫会亲自来 |
[47:54] | I’m in the middle of the thing. | 我正忙着呢 |
[47:56] | Your thing has to go after this thing. | 你的事得先缓缓了 |
[47:58] | AG Jeffcoat’s waiting. | 检察长杰夫柯特在等着 |
[48:00] | In your office. | 就在你办公室里 |
[48:02] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[48:09] | Sorry you didn’t make it up here in time to watch me pants Chuck. | 抱歉 你没能赶上看到我让查克吃瘪 |
[48:12] | Well, as indelible an image as that must have been, | 那场面一定很难忘 |
[48:14] | you’ve had your fun. | 你已经尝到了乐趣 |
[48:15] | Rest assured, I’m now turned to the matter at hand. | 放心 我已经开始要处理手头的事了 |
[48:18] | Krakow. | 克拉科夫 |
[48:19] | You cannot prosecute the Secretary of the Treasury. | 你不能起诉财务部长 |
[48:22] | That’s a toxic look for this Administration. | 这不利于政府的形象 |
[48:24] | Drop the case. | 放弃这个案子吧 |
[48:26] | Then Krakow goes free… or Chuck gets him. | 那克拉科夫就自由了 或者落到查克手上 |
[48:30] | Let Chuck have at– choke on any splatter. | 随他去吧 让他自找苦吃 |
[48:33] | You really like getting in there behind the US Attorney’s desk. | 你真的很喜欢坐在联邦检察官的桌子后面 |
[48:38] | Every desk in the Department of Justice is my desk. | 司法部的每张桌子都是我的 |
[48:42] | I didn’t take this job so you could run me | 我接下这份工作 |
[48:44] | like your goddamn remote control butler– | 不是为了让你把我当远程管家一样使唤 |
[48:46] | You didn’t just take this job. | 你不是仅仅接下了这份工作 |
[48:48] | You dirty tricked your way into it, | 你是通过肮脏手段骗取的 |
[48:50] | you stepped over a damned corpse for it– | 为了这份工作 不惜跨过他人的尸体 |
[48:52] | You’re the one who knifed him. | 是你杀了他 |
[48:53] | And you said it was so this place could run different– | 而且你说过 这样是为了让这里有所改观 |
[48:55] | no more petty politics. | 不会再有卑鄙的政治 |
[48:56] | Petty? We are talking about the parapet | 卑鄙 我们谈论的可是 |
[48:58] | around the fortress of Good and Evil, you foolhardy child. | 善恶堡垒之外的围墙 你这个莽夫 |
[49:04] | Cocksucker. | 混蛋 |
[49:05] | All right. You are right at the line now, son. | 行了 你马上要触及我的底线了 孩子 |
[49:07] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[49:10] | This — This is what he wanted. | 这正是他希望的 |
[49:11] | A hint of misconduct from protecting a cabinet member, | 通过不当方式保护一名内阁成员的线索 |
[49:14] | and a wedge between us. | 让我们心生嫌隙 |
[49:16] | He knows you well enough to know you’d come down like this– | 他很了解你 知道你会过来阻拦 |
[49:18] | And you well enough to know that you couldn’t abide. | 他也了解你 知道你不肯罢休 |
[49:22] | But turns out… | 但结果是 |
[49:25] | I can. | 我肯 |
[49:29] | I will drop the case. Immediately. | 我会立刻放弃这个案子 |
[49:31] | We will stay in lockstep and our focus will remain | 我们保持步伐一致 将注意集中在 |
[49:33] | where it should– on blunting Chuck Rhoades | 该集中的地方 打倒查克·罗兹 |
[49:35] | and knocking him out of office. | 把他赶出办公室 |
[49:39] | Maybe this desk really does belong to you after all. | 看来这张桌子确实应该属于你 |
[50:24] | Hi. Gia, Benjamin. | 你们好 吉娅 本杰明 |
[50:25] | Welcome to our club. | 欢迎来到俱乐部 |
[50:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:30] | Michael Wagner. | 迈克·瓦格纳 |
[50:34] | Maybe it’s just under Wags. | 可能是按瓦格斯登记的 |
[50:36] | I’m a neophyte. | 我是新成员 |
[50:39] | Not seeing it. | 没找到 |
[50:41] | I have the invitation right here– | 我带了邀请函 |
[50:44] | Say gorgonzola. | 说茄子 |
[50:47] | Oh, you’re gonna look pretty in Page Six. | 你的照片上八卦周刊肯定好看 |
[50:50] | Nussfaur. You sent this. | 那索夫 你发的邀请函 |
[50:52] | For you to endure the humiliation, Wagner. | 好让你出丑啊 瓦格纳 |
[50:55] | Not of wearing a dress, but of being an interloper. | 不是糗在穿女装 而是你不请自来 |
[50:58] | A trespasser. | 你是个闯入者 |
[51:00] | A buttinsky. | 净管闲事 |
[51:02] | A social climber who has to watch the ladder pulled up | 趋炎附势 看到往上爬的机会 |
[51:06] | right in front of your grasping, outstretched arms. | 明知够不到 还踮着脚尖伸长胳膊往上够 |
[51:10] | You are making enemies you cannot fathom | 你惹到自己不该惹的人了 |
[51:13] | by deputizing KBP | 你为了报私仇 |
[51:15] | in your little True Grit revenge fantasy. | 假颁KBP兄弟会圣旨 |
[51:18] | You think this legal eagle would proceed without my blessing? | 你以为这位大律师没有我的默许就敢这样吗 |
[51:23] | The fucking Grand Swipe is in on this? | “大家伙”竟然也参与了 |
[51:25] | We’re homies. | 我们是兄弟 |
[51:28] | Ordered the invite myself. | 这次是我请的你 |
[51:30] | Which is the only invite you’ll ever receive. | 也是你今后收到的唯一一次邀请 |
[51:33] | You’re not getting in, Wagner. | 你混不进这个圈子 瓦格纳 |
[51:35] | Not today. | 今天不行 |
[51:37] | Not ever. | 以后也不行 |
[51:40] | My vengeance will come like I do– | 我决不会善罢甘休 |
[51:44] | slow, thunderous, | 报应来得晚 却势不可挡 |
[51:47] | and in your eye. | 一招致命 |
[52:09] | And I just got confirmation. | 我刚收到确切的消息 |
[52:11] | Brian Dana has countersigned the revised term statement. | 布赖恩·达纳已经会签了修改完的条款 |
[52:14] | We are official. | 我们正式地成功了 |
[52:17] | – Congratulations, Mr. Mason. – Congratulations. | -恭喜 梅森先生 -恭喜 |
[52:19] | Dad, tonight’s a celebration not just | 爸 今晚不只是庆祝 |
[52:21] | of the quality of your invention, | 你那项高质量的发明 |
[52:22] | but the new breadth of your thinking. | 也是庆贺你广阔的思路 |
[52:24] | I will take that as a genuine compliment, | 我当你是发自肺腑的在夸我 |
[52:26] | not a backhanded one. | 而不是拐弯抹角地讽刺我 |
[52:27] | As intended. | 当然 |
[52:31] | Well, that’s my cue. | 我该走了 |
[52:33] | Good luck with the kickoff meeting in the a.m. | 明天上午开工大吉 |
[52:36] | You know what, I should walk out with you. | 我跟你一起走 |
[52:37] | Get home and start the prep on that. | 回家准备准备 |
[52:41] | Exciting new chapter. | 令人激动的新篇章 |
[52:43] | Proud of you, Dad. | 为你骄傲 爸 |
[52:50] | I bring you a case and a witness. | 给你带来件案子和一名证人 |
[53:00] | Krakow? | 克拉科夫 |
[53:03] | Well, that must be frustrating– | 在案子会凭空消失的单位 |
[53:05] | working at a place where cases come and go so strangely. | 工起来作很令人沮丧吧 |
[53:08] | No, funny thing — I’m used to it. | 有意思的是 我习惯了 |
[53:13] | Except when I made these moves, | 只是一般我有所行动的时候 |
[53:14] | you knew there was a greater plan, a greater enemy. | 你们就知道是有大案子 大目标了 |
[53:18] | You don’t feel that way now. | 你现在不这么觉得了 |
[53:22] | Oh. You’re worried what’s going on is small. | 你担心现在的工作微不足道 |
[53:24] | And that it will make you small. | 而这样下去你也会变得微不足道 |
[53:27] | That banker is over in your interview room. | 那位银行家就在审讯室 |
[53:30] | Enjoy him. | 好好审 |
[53:31] | You’ve earned it. | 你辛苦争来的 |
[53:35] | Karl! | 卡尔 |
[53:40] | What do I do with this banker now? | 我现在该拿这位银行家怎么办 |
[53:41] | I didn’t want ‘im in the first place. | 我本来都没打算搞他的 |
[53:43] | If I know Chuck Rhoades, | 我认识的查克·罗兹 |
[53:44] | he’s gonna take the offcuts, | 会连这些边角余料 |
[53:46] | grind ’em up together, | 一起收拾干净 |
[53:48] | and make ’em into something Jock can’t stomach. | 做一顿大餐 让乔克吃不下 |
[54:07] | Hey Mafee. | 玛菲 |
[54:10] | This is a great place. | 这地儿不错 |
[54:12] | Yeah, it’s my nightcap slot. | 是啊 我晚上常来 |
[54:14] | You come in here? | 你也常来吗 |
[54:15] | I’m meeting an old friend. She picked it. | 我约了位朋友 她选的地方 |
[54:18] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[54:26] | This doesn’t need to be so uncomfortable. | 没必要不自在 |
[54:29] | People take jobs and they still talk. | 跳了槽大家还可以聊天 |
[54:34] | Axe wasn’t my first boss, | 阿克斯又不是我第一任老板 |
[54:36] | probably won’t be my last… | 恐怕也不是最后一个 |
[54:37] | How’s yours? | 你怎么样 |
[54:39] | Lot going on, you know– | 事情挺多 |
[54:41] | With their dad in town… | 老爹来了 |
[54:45] | Facebook. | 脸书上看的 |
[54:47] | They’re working on something together? | 他们一起搞研究 |
[54:48] | Sounds sweet. | 真好 |
[54:50] | Right. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[54:52] | Could be big too. | 也许能折腾出大动静来 |
[54:53] | Sure, big corporate partner, and all. | 是啊 大公司的合伙人之类的 |
[54:57] | More of a startup vibe, but yeah, big player. | 其实更多是靠创业 不过也有大腕投资 |
[55:02] | So what are you doing for fun these days? | 那你最近找什么乐子了吗 |
[55:04] | Going to Mey-hee-co next month. | 下个月去墨西哥 |
[55:06] | Gonna try some surfing– | 试试冲浪 |
[55:08] | – They — – Oh. Shit. | -他们 -糟了 |
[55:10] | My friend had a problem with the babysitter. | 我朋友的保姆出了点状况 |
[55:13] | Looks like I’ll be going there instead of enjoying this place. | 看来我不能在这儿享受了 得去她家 |
[55:17] | Don’t ever have kids. | 别要孩子 |
[55:19] | I…might want to. | 我 还蛮想要的 |
[55:22] | I’m just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[55:23] | They’re the best. You should have a bunch. | 孩子最可爱了 你该生一沓 |
[55:25] | And have a great night. | 玩得开心 |
[55:38] | No communication from anyone in the Taylor clan. | 泰勒家那边没有任何消息 |
[55:40] | They’re locked down. | 他们封锁消息 |
[55:41] | Still don’t know who they’re jumping into bed with– | 还不知道他们跟谁合作了 |
[55:47] | Looks like Cinderella had a rough night. | 看来灰姑娘今晚不好过啊 |
[55:56] | It’s the startup. | 是创业 |
[55:58] | Brian Dana. 375Y. | 布赖恩·达纳 375Y |
[56:00] | Yeah, that’s the one. | 就是那家 |
[56:02] | I’ve been running a side mission… | 我一直忙着调查 |
[56:05] | I was hoping that was the case. | 我正琢磨是不是这回事 |
[56:07] | Well, now that we know ‘who’ Mason is in business with, | 既然我们知道梅森和谁一起了 |
[56:10] | we watch them build it. | 我们看他们起步 |
[56:12] | Then, we take it out. | 然后截胡 |
[56:13] | No. | 不 |
[56:15] | Not enough. They can come back from that. | 不够 这样他们还有回血的余地 |
[56:17] | No? | 不 |
[56:18] | Well, you know the family topography. What then? | 你了解那家人的情况 你说怎么办 |
[56:20] | Taylor needs to be the one to crush it. | 这单生意必须得由泰勒搞砸 |
[56:23] | That will be the most devastating blow. | 那才是最致命的打击 |
[56:25] | The weight of that betrayal… | 那种背叛难以承受 |
[56:28] | they–plural, both of them– | 他们 他们两个 |
[56:31] | will never come back from that. | 永远无法翻身 |
[56:47] | Enter. | 进 |
[56:50] | Urgent or secret? | 紧急案件还是机密 |
[56:53] | When you approach a judge this late, | 这么晚来找法官 |
[56:55] | your cause is one of the two. | 无外乎这两个原因 |
[56:57] | I’m here to apply for a wiretap | 我申请给 |
[56:59] | on Chuck Rhoades, for public corruption. | 查克·罗兹装窃听器 怀疑他贪污 |
[57:01] | You know, you shouldn’t go shopping for judges | 你知道吗 你不该像兜售时令水果一样 |
[57:03] | like in-season stone fruit. | 挨个法官试探 |
[57:05] | Your request was already turned down by Judge DeGiulio. | 你已经被德朱利奥法官驳回了 |
[57:08] | The relationship between the good judge and Mr. Rhoades | 罗兹先生和这位法官的关系这么好 |
[57:11] | is all the more reason why the wire is needed. | 您才更该签发这张授权 |
[57:29] | You know I hold Chuck in low regard. | 你知道我不怎么在意查克 |
[57:32] | You also know that you couldn’t appeal to that. | 你也知道你不能靠查克引起我的兴趣 |
[57:36] | At least, not that alone. | 起码单靠这一点行不通 |
[57:40] | Well played. | 这招不错 |
[57:54] | You have your wire. | 你可以用窃听器了 |
[58:12] | We– please, Wend, can we just talk. | 温蒂 求你了 我们能不能谈谈 |
[58:14] | I know that we can find our way back to– | 我知道我们有办法破镜重圆 |