时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | On power of the President, you are fired! | 我现在就行使总统赋予的权力 解雇你 |
[00:07] | Mr. Connerty, as your first detail | 康纳蒂先生 你接任 |
[00:09] | as United States Attorney | 美国南区联邦检察官的 |
[00:10] | for the Southern District, | 首个任务 |
[00:12] | please show this gentleman out. | 就是送这位先生出去 |
[00:14] | The palace coup is complete. | 宫廷政变已经完成 |
[00:15] | I did what I had to do to survive. And to win. | 我这么做 只是为了生存 为了赢 |
[00:18] | You have to know | 你要知道 |
[00:20] | that anything I do to stop you is warranted. | 为了阻止你 我什么都做得出来 |
[00:23] | Rudy, you’re fired. | 鲁迪 你被开除了 |
[00:25] | For fraternizing. with our sworn fucking enemies. | 因为跟我们的死敌结党 |
[00:28] | You will move assets how and when I tell you. | 但是你要按我说的时间和方式投资 |
[00:31] | Your 2 and 20 is now 1 and 10. | 你的2%和20%改成1%和10% |
[00:33] | The rest will be paid to me. | 剩下的支付给我 |
[00:34] | You are now officially but unofficially | 你现在正式非公开地 |
[00:36] | the proud owner of half of my half of Panay’s fund. | 拥有我持有巴奈基金的一半份额 |
[00:39] | It’s time to put away childish enthusiasms. | 是时候把幼稚的爱好收起来 |
[00:43] | They left me no choice. | 他们逼我的 |
[00:44] | Said they were going to destroy my business, my life. | 他们说要毁了我的生意 我的生活 |
[00:47] | Most of your major cases are being put under review by Connerty. | 你接过的大部分案子正由康纳蒂审核 |
[00:50] | Your name will be ruined. | 你的名声就毁了 |
[00:51] | And Epstein’s vacated New York Attorney General’s seat | 如果艾普斯坦辞去纽约检察长的职位 |
[00:54] | is there for me. | 让位给我 |
[00:56] | He owed me a favor. | 他欠着我人情 |
[00:57] | Yeah. As I do now. | 我现在也欠了 |
[01:00] | You got that carry permit you were looking for. | 你一直想要的持枪证到手了 |
[01:02] | We need to be certain no money is going | 我们要确保钱不会落入 |
[01:04] | to ex-employees of Axe Capital– | 阿克斯资本前员工们的口袋里 |
[01:06] | Please stop fucking with Taylor Mason. | 请不要再坏泰勒·梅森的事了 |
[01:10] | Forget all about them. | 把他们都忘了吧 |
[01:11] | But be sure you don’t forget about me. | 但千万别忘了我 |
[01:15] | He’s a Russian Oligarch. | 他是个俄罗斯寡头 |
[01:16] | But you, mon frère, are a motherfucking | 但你 我的兄弟 你他妈也是寡头啊 |
[01:18] | American Oligarch. | 美国寡头 |
[01:20] | You will not relent. | 你绝不服软 |
[01:22] | Taylor must pay. | 泰勒一定要付出代价 |
[01:23] | We have to do it without Grigor getting a whiff of us. | 我们采取行动还不能让格里戈尔有所察觉 |
[01:26] | We don’t put out this fire by pouring water on it. | 我们灭火可以不用往上泼水 |
[01:28] | But by sucking oxygen out of the room. | 而是把这房间的氧气都吸走 |
[01:31] | Completely. | 一丝不留 |
[01:55] | This is the competition’s… | 这个是竞争对手的… |
[02:09] | Not exactly RoboCop. | 比机器战警可差远了 |
[02:11] | But until now, considered state of the art. | 但到目前为止 这是最先进的 |
[02:17] | Ooh, money just walked in. | 有钱人来了 |
[02:18] | Rebecca Cantu. | 丽贝卡·坎图 |
[02:20] | Oh. So that’s what a rich person looks like. | 原来有钱人是这个样子的 |
[02:22] | I’d always wondered. | 我总是想知道 |
[02:23] | But check out this badass our company built. | 但看看我们公司造的这个狠角色吧 |
[02:26] | Brains like Will Hunting, | 它拥有威尔·杭汀一般的大脑 |
[02:27] | strength like Artis Gilmore in the ABA days. | 和ABA时期的阿蒂斯·吉尔摩一样的力量 |
[02:35] | Which is why Patriot Trust Bank | 这就是爱国者信托银行 |
[02:37] | is proud to be doing this raise for you. | 有幸为大家举办这次募款会的原因 |
[02:39] | I’ll let the scientists who made him | 一会儿我会让创造它的科学家们 |
[02:40] | tell you how and why later on, | 向你们介绍它的功能和原理 |
[02:42] | but I want you to know that we are committed | 但我想告诉你们 |
[02:44] | to helping put one of these in every company loading bay, | 我们致力于使它进入每一个公司的装卸平台 |
[02:47] | and eventually, every home in America. | 并最终进入每一个美国家庭 |
[02:49] | What size investments are available? | 投资目标是怎样的 |
[02:50] | My kind of question. | 这个问题我来答 |
[02:52] | We’re looking for no more than five firms | 我们的目标是在C轮 |
[02:54] | to fulfill $100 mil in this C round, | 从五家以内的公司募集一亿美元 |
[02:55] | which comes with anti-dilution rights. | 并且还有防稀释条款 |
[02:57] | Anything else? | 还有其它问题吗 |
[02:58] | The, um– The noise signature, | 这种… 这种噪声特征 |
[03:00] | that hum, uh, makes me believe | 哼哼声 让我相信 |
[03:02] | there’s a combustion engine inside there. | 它的内部有一部内燃机 |
[03:04] | Rebecca, this product wasn’t hand-delivered to you early, | 丽贝卡 你没有提前接触这个产品 |
[03:07] | so I’ll forgive you for not having your research in order. | 所以我原谅你没有做好研究 |
[03:09] | We have a proprietary power source. | 我们的动力源是拥有自主知识产权的 |
[03:12] | It’s one of the reasons we’re set apart. | 这是我们更出色的原因之一 |
[03:15] | Anyone else have a question? | 其他人有问题吗 |
[03:16] | Oh. It’s proprietary. That– It– | 自主知识产权 原来是这样 |
[03:19] | Thanks. Withdrawn. I’m sorry. | 多谢 我收回我的问题 很抱歉 |
[03:21] | Over the line, Smokey. Forfeit your turn. | 过线了 斯莫奇 反悔吧 |
[03:22] | – Mark it zero. – Not how it’s gonna go. | -记零分 -今天剧情可不一样 |
[03:25] | Of course, proprietary doesn’t tell us shit, does it. | 自主知识产权当然什么都无法保证 对吧 |
[03:29] | I grew up with a mechanic for a father. | 我爸爸就是个机械师 |
[03:31] | So, uh, forgive me. | 所以 很抱歉 |
[03:33] | That’s definitely a combustion engine. | 那绝对是部内燃机 |
[03:35] | And that won’t work for the military. | 不符合军用标准 |
[03:37] | So you’ll have to improve the battery technology, | 所以你们必须要改进电池技术 |
[03:39] | but the, uh, the margins on this thing | 但这个东西的利润空间 |
[03:41] | are already thin as Kate Moss on a juice fast. | 已经跟果汁断食中的凯特·莫斯一样单薄了 |
[03:44] | The money taken in today will go a long way | 今天募集的资金很大一部分会 |
[03:46] | in offsetting any costs we might incur– | 抵消我们可能要承担的花费 |
[03:47] | Mm. It doesn’t know how to walk. | 它不知道怎样走路 |
[03:48] | I don’t know what you were looking at. | 我不知道你有没有看清楚 |
[03:49] | There’s no remote. No human control at all. | 没有遥控器 没有人在操作它 |
[03:51] | But it’s not actually stable, right? It’s metastable. | 但它并不稳定 对吧 只是亚稳定 |
[03:54] | I’ve seen this demo a dozen times. | 这样的展示我看过很多次了 |
[03:56] | Hasn’t fallen– hasn’t even stumbled–once. | 它没有倒下过 甚至一次磕绊都没有 |
[03:57] | Well, you could hold a curling match on this floor. | 这个地板光滑得都可以进行冰壶比赛了 |
[04:00] | But, um, what about… | 但是 现在这样… |
[04:05] | now… | 如何 |
[04:07] | Can we run it again? | 我们再来一次好吗 |
[04:14] | Any other questions? | 还有其它问题吗 |
[04:22] | Whoa. They shoulda had you inside the tent. | 他们应该请你去进行研发 |
[04:24] | Could’ve trouble shot it, helped launch it. | 还能帮他们挑挑错 发布这个产品 |
[04:27] | I don’t launch shit products. | 我从不发布垃圾产品 |
[04:29] | Lucky she was here, | 她在这里我们真走运 |
[04:30] | or we might’ve actually gone in on that loser. | 不然我们可能就给那个废物投资了 |
[04:33] | So, straight back to the office– | 那么 直接回办公室吗 |
[04:35] | Oh no… | 不 |
[04:36] | Axe, look, I know this may still seem a little bleeding edge– | 阿克斯 我知道它可能还有一些潜在问题 |
[04:40] | 18世纪晚期的一个自动下棋装置 但后来被证明是一场骗局 | |
[04:40] | It’s the Mechanical Turk. | 这就是土耳其行棋傀儡 |
[04:42] | But at least that beat people at chess | 但至少在骗局在被揭开前 |
[04:44] | before the con was revealed. | 那个傀儡下棋能赢过人类 |
[04:45] | This company has real consumer potential– | 这家公司真的有消费者市场潜力 |
[04:47] | Yet this bank is invested in this because the chairman’s son | 但是银行投资这个产品是因为董事长的儿子 |
[04:51] | was in the Spee with the Chief Tech Officer. | 跟这家公司的首席技术官都是斯皮俱乐部成员 |
[04:53] | Or some bullshit like that. | 或者别的什么狗屁组织 |
[04:55] | He told you to deliver. | 他把这个任务交给你 |
[04:56] | That’s why you’ve been doing all the talking today, | 所以今天一直都是你在讲话 |
[04:58] | because it matters to you. | 因为这对你很重要 |
[04:59] | But now you’re gonna have trouble | 但现在你要留住这里的其他投资人 |
[05:01] | salvaging anyone else in this room. | 可能有困难了 |
[05:04] | If it makes your life easier, I’ll take a piece. | 如果能让你感觉好受一点 我愿意投一些 |
[05:06] | You will? That’s great… | 你愿意 太棒了 |
[05:07] | But… | 但是… |
[05:10] | there’s something that matters to me that I need in return. | 作为回报 我需要一些对我至关重要的东西 |
[05:12] | Won’t cost you a penny. Will even save you some… | 不会花你一分钱的 甚至会给你省一点 |
[05:21] | This is gonna be a time of great prosperity for us both. | 这将是我们双方共同的光辉时刻 |
[05:24] | So I’m glad to continue… To renew… | 我很高兴能继续… 恢复… |
[05:26] | To start… our friendship. | 开始… 我们的友谊 |
[05:28] | I know your bank would have liked the other business… | 我知道贵银行可能会喜欢其它从业者 |
[05:30] | But I’m touched that you prefer mine. | 但我很感动你们更喜欢我的公司 |
[05:34] | Based on a number of factors… | 基于一系列的因素… |
[05:36] | Including the brevity of your track record… | 包括你短暂的从业记录 |
[05:38] | – Alto Bank… – Bank Allemane… | -奥拓银行 -阿利曼银行 |
[05:40] | Patriot Trust Bank can’t extend you leverage at this juncture. | 目前爱国者信托银行无法提高你的杠杆率 |
[05:45] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢你的时间 |
[05:47] | Here. Have a koozie. | 给 拿个杯套吧 |
[05:55] | I can set you more meetings. | 我可以给你再安排些会面 |
[05:57] | No. I’ve seen more eyes go cold on me | 不用了 我见过的冷眼已经比 |
[05:58] | than Agent Bill Tench did in a whole season. | 比利·坦奇探员一整季见过的都多 |
[06:01] | Axe got to all of the bankers. | 阿克斯搞定了所有的银行 |
[06:03] | – I’m done. – I should have gone. | -我完了 -应该我去的 |
[06:05] | You don’t have time to waste on that shit. | 你不应该在这些破事上浪费时间 |
[06:07] | It’s not time that’s the problem. It’s capital. | 问题不是时间 而是资本 |
[06:09] | Winston and the quant team have a huge stat arb opportunity | 温斯顿和量化团队有一个巨大的统计套利机会 |
[06:12] | that I’m gonna have to leave on the table | 如果周末前我们无法锁定杠杆率 |
[06:14] | if we don’t lock in leverage by end of week. | 我就得放弃这个机会 |
[06:16] | I can’t let Axe cause that. | 我不能让阿克斯阻止我 |
[06:18] | – You have an idea? – Not even a notion. Yet. | -你有办法了吗 -目前毫无头绪 |
[06:21] | But I will. | 但我会有办法的 |
[06:24] | We will. | 是我们会有办法的 |
[06:30] | He actually invested in the piece of shit… | 他真的投资了那破烂儿 |
[06:33] | Believe me, I was excited that we were getting into | 相信我 能够投资私募资金我很兴奋 |
[06:34] | Private Equitatus, but badly built robots– | 但做工粗糙的机器人… |
[06:38] | Private equity, Spyros. | 是私募基金 斯派罗 |
[06:40] | Maybe just show me your mood ring | 你要是想让我知道你的感受 |
[06:41] | if you want me to know how you feel. | 给我看你的情绪变色戒指就行 |
[06:42] | Or don’t. Because I don’t give a shit. | 要么就不用了 因为我根本不在乎你的感受 |
[06:44] | But if we go in on crappy companies | 但如果我们投资垃圾公司 |
[06:46] | just to get the return favor of fucking over Taylor Mason, | 只是为了搞垮泰勒·梅森 |
[06:49] | it’s gonna be a hard sell to our investors | 那我们将很难向我们的投资者 |
[06:50] | on the wisdom of the idea. | 说明这个决策的明智了 |
[06:52] | At a certain point, the Street’s gonna start wondering | 从某个时候起 业内也会开始怀疑 |
[06:54] | if you care more about revenge than making money. | 比起赚钱 你更关心报仇 |
[06:56] | And so do I. | 我也会这样想 |
[06:58] | Leave. | 滚开 |
[06:59] | I serve at your pleasure. | 乐意为您效劳 |
[07:04] | And so do I. | 还有我 |
[07:07] | Meaning, I feel the same way he does. | 就是说 我跟他的想法一样 |
[07:10] | If you burn cash and have down quarters just to hurt Taylor, | 如果你去烧钱和面临季度收益下跌就为了伤害泰勒 |
[07:13] | you’re Neil McCauley throwing it all away | 你就是那个在汽车旅馆里 |
[07:15] | to kill Waingro in that motel. | 孤注一掷去杀维格罗的尼尔·麦考利 |
[07:17] | I can’t stand by and let that happen. | 我不能坐视不管 |
[07:19] | For a minute there, | 有那么一瞬间 |
[07:20] | you’re glad that Neil allows himself to feel. | 尼尔允许自己感情用事让人感到欣慰 |
[07:22] | But then, yeah, his one moment of humanity kills him. | 但后来 确实是他那一瞬间的人性害死了自己 |
[07:25] | But this isn’t that. | 但这件事不一样 |
[07:27] | We’re mixing into private equity. For real. | 我们是真的要引入私募基金了 |
[07:29] | And I got everybody downstairs generating ideas. | 我让楼下的每一个人都在想点子 |
[07:32] | But you haven’t said yes to any of them yet. | 但你一个都还没同意 |
[07:33] | They have a dozen internal ideas you’ve turned down. | 他们满肚子主意 都被你否了 |
[07:36] | – Cause they all suck. – They can’t all suck. | -因为这些主意烂透了 -不可能都烂吧 |
[07:38] | What we need is a meaningful partnership. | 我们需要的是大有可为的合作关系 |
[07:40] | And I know how to find it… | 我知道去哪儿找这个合作伙伴 |
[07:44] | Helena, could you have the team put together a list | 海伦娜 让大家找出 |
[07:46] | of all the private companies Rebecca Cantu is invested in. | 丽贝卡·坎图投资的私企 列张单子出来 |
[07:53] | Ah, shit, Wags. | 妈的 瓦格斯 |
[07:54] | You really know your man. | 你真了解我 |
[07:59] | I never asked to be your Attorney General. | 我从没想过当检察长 |
[08:02] | I’m just a small-town lawyer who was called to serve. | 我只是个小镇的律师 被叫来干活儿的 |
[08:05] | And that’s what I did. Under our last AG, | 我之前在前任检察长阿尔文·艾普斯坦的 |
[08:07] | Alvin Epstein, who felt the call to duty in DC. | 带领下兢兢业业 他去了特区任职 |
[08:10] | But now that fate–and the New York State Legislature– | 现在命运之神以及纽约州立法机关 |
[08:13] | have made me the Interim Attorney General… | 选我做临时检察长 |
[08:16] | I’m asking you to let me see this mission through… | 我请你们让我完成这一使命 |
[08:21] | You think he’s got what it takes? | 你觉得他有这个能力吗 |
[08:22] | – …and keep serving. -To win? | -并继续留任 -有能力赢吗 |
[08:24] | Well, he’s starting with the job. | 他坐上这个位置了 |
[08:25] | As natural advantages go, that’s a good start. | 算是先天优势 开了个好头 |
[08:27] | And if he gets it? | 如果他赢了呢 |
[08:28] | His rep is: he stays in his own side of the sandbox. | 那就意味着他要好生循规蹈矩的 |
[08:31] | Well, if he’s not gonna scrap with us over jurisdiction | 只要他不插手我们的审判权 |
[08:33] | and for cases, he’s my kind of candidate… | 和案子 他就是我拥护的人 |
[08:35] | …and to the people of New York. | 以及纽约的市民 |
[08:37] | Thanks to the tireless… | 感谢孜孜不倦的 |
[08:38] | Look at him. Champing at the bit | 看他那样 迫不及待争高下 |
[08:40] | to keep the reins of power now that he has them. | 好揽权 好像他已经重权在握了似的 |
[08:42] | – Don’t do that. – What? | -别这样 -哪样 |
[08:44] | If you’re talking to people, it’s chomp. | 在人前要说他迫不及待要开始工作 |
[08:47] | But it’s not that. It’s from the poem: | 但话不是这么说的啊 语出古诗 |
[08:48] | “Twelve beauteous steeds, | 高头大马十二匹 |
[08:50] | of golden color and with golden manes, | 金毛金鬃颜色佳 |
[08:51] | Champ at the bit.” | 迫不及待争高下 |
[08:53] | Champ. Champ. | 争高下 分输赢 |
[08:55] | We can go home now. | 我们可以走了 |
[08:57] | Voters don’t want William Safire. | 选民要的不是威廉·沙费 |
[08:58] | They want an Attorney General who talks like | 他们需要一位言谈举止都像 |
[08:59] | he’s actually from New York. | 地道纽约人的检察长 |
[09:00] | …this effort and the progress we’ve made. | 所付出的努力和取得的成绩 |
[09:03] | There’s still… | 目前仍有 |
[09:05] | The concealed carry for your client– | 给你客户的密件 |
[09:07] | personally taken care of. | 这事是我亲自督办的 |
[09:08] | -Hand-stamped for approval. – Thank you. | -亲手盖章的许可 -谢谢 |
[09:10] | Let me know if he needs a lesson. | 他要是想学 告诉我 |
[09:11] | I’ll take him to Tiro myself… | 我亲自带他去新手训练班 |
[09:13] | Why do I feel an ask is coming…? | 我怎么觉得你有事求我 |
[09:15] | ‘Cause you’re a bright boy. | 孺子可教 |
[09:16] | And contract makes the world go ’round. | 所谓契约就是有来有往 |
[09:18] | Okay. What’s up in this rotation? | 好吧 这次轮到什么事了 |
[09:21] | The police pension fund. | 警察养恤基金 |
[09:23] | I need an independent look at the administrator, | 我需要局外人给我查查基金管理人 |
[09:25] | Raul Gomez. | 劳尔·戈麦斯 |
[09:26] | Funds unaccounted for? | 基金里的钱去向不明吗 |
[09:27] | I don’t have access to the books, | 我看不到账簿 |
[09:29] | but after 20 as a cop and years of restrained living, | 可他当了20年警察 生活一直很有节制 |
[09:32] | he’s suddenly got a NetJets account. | 却突然租了架私人飞机 |
[09:33] | He flew private down to the Derby. | 自己开去看比赛 |
[09:36] | You do, as they say, have people for that. | 可我听人说你有专人查这种事啊 |
[09:39] | Whilst I am merely a humble barrister | 而我区区一名律师 |
[09:41] | with no particular portfolio. | 并无过人之资 |
[09:42] | When cops get going investigating cops, | 要警察去查警察 |
[09:44] | they’re worse than scamps in a sewing circle. | 只能是徒劳无功 |
[09:46] | As you well know, Chick. | 查克 你知道的 |
[09:48] | Which is why I’m coming to you. | 所以我才来找你 |
[09:49] | And to insulate yourself. | 也好把你自己摘出去 |
[09:51] | Raul Gomez is a man with a lot of friends, | 劳尔·戈麦斯朋友很多 |
[09:53] | many inside your very department. | 在你那儿就有不少人 |
[09:56] | Some might even be more loyal to him than to you– | 有些人对他比对你忠心 |
[09:58] | and wouldn’t hesitate to lash out at little ol’ me. | 对我就更毫不留情 痛下狠手了 |
[10:01] | Thank you, and bless you. | 谢谢大家 愿主保佑你们 |
[10:05] | Now, who’s gonna look after Rhoades if that comes to pass? | 真到那天 谁来管罗兹啊 |
[10:11] | You know how to take care of yourself. | 你知道如何保全你自己 |
[10:13] | And even if you aren’t one, you operate like an insider. | 即便不能 你也可以装成是内部人 |
[10:16] | Who’s better at tracking down | 谁还能比你更擅长 |
[10:17] | and punishing financial wrongdoing than you? | 打击金融犯罪呢 |
[10:20] | Well, I didn’t have you as a flatterer. | 我倒不知道你还会拍马屁呢 |
[10:22] | I’m whatever I need to be. | 情势需要 我随机应变 |
[10:25] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[10:30] | Now I gotta be a rabbi. Excuse me. | 现在我得变成犹太教教士了 回见 |
[10:32] | Oh. Guiding your boy to the top seat? | 要去带领你的人坐上总长的位置吗 |
[10:35] | No. He’s not my boy. Yet. | 不 他不是我的人 目前还不是 |
[10:38] | He’s new to certain parts of this life, | 这种生活他还没融入 |
[10:39] | so I need to see him in action before I decide. | 所以在我决定以前需要先考察一段时间 |
[10:42] | Do what I ask and you’ll graduate from | 按我说的做 你就能摆脱 |
[10:44] | cadging pop gun permits for big players | 讨要持枪许可的窘境 |
[10:46] | to becoming one yourself again. | 再度成为高级玩家 |
[10:52] | You looking for the endorsement of the Police Commissioner | 你想求得警察局局长的认同 |
[10:54] | to catapult you into the race? | 让他带你一起玩吗 |
[10:55] | I want his men. I want their votes. | 我要他的人 和他的选票 |
[10:58] | And I want the visual of them bathing me in all that blue. | 我要那些警察都来巴结我 |
[11:08] | Cleaning… | 清洁 |
[11:11] | Cleaning what? | 清洁什么 |
[11:15] | Uh…w-wages… | 工资 |
[11:17] | I remember him speaking English when we hired him. | 我记得招他进来时候他讲的是英语 |
[11:19] | Maybe it’ll come back after we punt him into the Hudson. | 把他踢进哈德逊河里说不定就记起英语了 |
[11:22] | ppp Eureka Building Solutions. | |
[11:24] | New big national janitorial services company. | 是一家新兴的国内大型保洁服务公司 |
[11:26] | Thousands of employees. | 有几千人 |
[11:28] | They’re chewing up the competition, | 他们正在蚕食鲸吞所有对手 |
[11:29] | undercutting all bids. Best margins in the industry. | 低价竞争 差额在业内居首位 |
[11:32] | Is that what motormouth was going on about? | 这话匣子想说的就是这个 |
[11:34] | Tuk has relatives without green cards, | 塔克有几个亲戚没有绿卡 |
[11:37] | only temporary work visas, who work for Eureka. | 只有临时工作签 就在尤里卡打工 |
[11:39] | They get paid 16 bucks an hour, plus benefits. | 他们时薪是16块 外加福利 |
[11:42] | What’s the thing? | 有什么问题 |
[11:43] | Company forces them to kick back salary, | 公司强迫他们交回工资 |
[11:45] | off the books. Benefits aren’t real. | 私下交钱 福利也没兑现 |
[11:48] | They’re really getting paid less than minimum wage. | 他们到手的钱比最低工资还少 |
[11:50] | If they complain, the company jams them up with ICE. | 他们要是抱怨 公司就跟移民局一起使绊子 |
[11:53] | And the chief investor in their main competitor, | 他们主要竞争对手显见清洁服务的 |
[11:56] | Manifest Cleaning Services, seems to be Rebecca Cantu. | 主要投资人好像就是丽贝卡·坎图 |
[11:59] | We were told to look for overlapping businesses. | 有人要我们寻找二者交叉的业务 |
[12:01] | But Eureka’s a private company, so we can’t short it… | 但尤里卡是家私企 我们无法做空 |
[12:05] | But we can burn it to the ground, | 但我们可以毁了它 |
[12:07] | leaving Rebecca’s company to own the market. | 让丽贝卡的公司主宰市场 |
[12:10] | Tuk, you’re about to go get a job… | 塔克 他要有工作了 |
[12:18] | Will you set a dinner with Rebecca Cantu? | 能约丽贝卡·坎图吃顿饭吗 |
[12:20] | Oh. Yay. | 好啊 |
[12:21] | Can we go somewhere meaty? | 去吃肉怎么样 |
[12:22] | Actually, you know what? | 依我看 |
[12:24] | I’ll call and set it myself. | 还是我自己安排吧 |
[12:26] | For two. | 二人晚餐 |
[12:30] | Helena, will you get Rebecca Cantu? | 海伦娜 麻烦打给丽贝卡·坎图 |
[12:32] | Roni Supreme for ya. | 二位的意大利辣香肠超级套餐 |
[12:35] | Do you mind if I eat before you? | 介意我先开动吗 |
[12:37] | I don’t like to take a long lunch hour. | 我不想午餐吃太久 |
[12:39] | This is actually the first time | 这是我第一次 |
[12:39] | I’ve left the office during lunch. | 走出办公室吃午餐 |
[12:41] | You’re a partner, you can’t live a little? | 你是合伙人 不能轻松点吗 |
[12:44] | Yeah. No. You’re right. | 对啊 你说得对 |
[12:46] | I’ve got a very small equity piece so technically– | 严格来讲 我也是个小股东啦 |
[12:51] | I’m sorry about what happened to you. | 我对你的事深表遗憾啊 |
[12:54] | – Was it really out of the blue? – Kinda. | -事发真的那么突然吗 -有点 |
[12:56] | I mean, when you’re almost fired so many times and then not… | 毕竟我有好几次差点就被炒了 |
[12:59] | you start to believe you’re Willis in Unbreakable. | 我都以为自己是《玻璃先生》里的威利斯了 |
[13:01] | Right until they shatter your heart into a million pieces. | 直到他们把你的心摔得稀碎 |
[13:04] | Ah, shit man. | 真是太惨了 |
[13:05] | No one there will talk to me. | 那边都没人理我 |
[13:07] | I think because they assumed I’d walk across the river | 我觉得他们已经假设我会来投靠 |
[13:09] | and take a job with you guys. | 要在你们公司工作了 |
[13:12] | So… | 说到这个… |
[13:14] | How’s it going at Taylor Mason Capital? | 泰勒·梅森资本情况如何 |
[13:16] | Fine. Good. | 好 挺好的 |
[13:18] | New firm. Strikes and gutters, ya know, but– | 新公司嘛 时好时坏 不过 |
[13:20] | I need a job, man. | 老兄 我需要一份工作 |
[13:23] | My attorney said my non-compete isn’t binding. | 我的律师说我签的竞争禁止协议没有约束力 |
[13:25] | And Axe Cap isn’t gonna fight it anyway. | 而且阿克斯资本也不会反对 |
[13:27] | So I’m coming to you because you know what I can do. | 所以我来找你 因为你很清楚我有什么能耐 |
[13:29] | You know you can count on me. | 你知道我很可靠 |
[13:32] | And my wife… is super pregnant. | 而且我老婆怀着孕 就快生了 |
[13:40] | Done. Taken care of. | 成了 我帮你解决了 |
[13:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:42] | I gotta talk to the team, but, like you said, | 我得跟团队谈一下 不过就像你说的 |
[13:44] | I have ownership interest. | 我有所有者权益 |
[13:45] | I’m employee number one– or two. | 我是头号员工 或者二号 |
[13:49] | Is Taylor an employee? | 泰勒算不算员工 |
[13:50] | Doesn’t matter. The point is–I got you. | 不重要 重要的是我罩着你 |
[14:01] | Mr. Panay. | 巴奈先生 |
[14:02] | Smart of you to accept my invitation | 你接受我的邀请 过来谈警察养老基金的事 |
[14:04] | to discuss the police pension fund. | 这样的做法很明智 |
[14:09] | Surely me stalking through your office | 我到你的办公室去 |
[14:11] | would raise questions you wouldn’t want to answer. | 一定会引发很多你不想回答的疑问 |
[14:13] | Or perhaps just whispers that might escape your walls. | 或者隔墙有耳 我们的对话可能会泄露出去 |
[14:16] | I agreed to meet you here so I could leave when I wanted to. | 我同意在这里见你 这样我想走就可以走 |
[14:19] | We may already have arrived at that moment. | 可能已经到了该走的时候了 |
[14:22] | Well, if you’ve nothing to hide, what’s your rush? | 如果你什么都没有隐瞒 为什么急着要走 |
[14:26] | I’m managing more money than God– | 我管理的钱比上帝还多 |
[14:28] | and bringing in better returns than He did last year. | 论去年的回报他也比不过我 |
[14:31] | So that doesn’t leave me a lot of time to deal with | 所以我没有时间处理 |
[14:33] | a man strutting around on phantom limbs. | 一个用幻肢假装自己还能昂首阔步的人 |
[14:37] | I know damn well you got cut off at the knees. | 我很清楚你已经失势了 |
[14:39] | Time’s a fickle beast. | 时间是变幻无常的野兽 |
[14:42] | Why, a year ago, I had legions at my command | 一年前 我拥有听我指挥的军团 |
[14:44] | while your fund was deflating | 你的基金缩水缩得厉害 |
[14:46] | like a Tijuana breast implant. | 跟在蒂华纳[墨西哥城市]做的隆胸手术一样 |
[14:48] | Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised | 你去谷歌搜索如何打绳套自尽 |
[14:49] | if you were Googling how to tie a noose. | 我都不会惊讶 |
[14:52] | And yet through some act of prestidigitation, | 可是就跟变戏法似的 |
[14:55] | you wound up with a lifeline instead. | 你搞出来的却是救生索 |
[15:13] | Now, it’s possible that the God–whose ass you are kicking | 可能是上帝怜悯了你 |
[15:15] | on the board– took pity on you. | 虽然你说比不过你 还是帮了你 |
[15:17] | But I think it’s more likely that Raul Gomez | 但我觉得更有可能的是劳尔·戈麦斯 |
[15:19] | saw a desperate man that he could manipulate. | 看到了一个绝望的 他可以操纵的人 |
[15:22] | So tell me… how’s it work? | 跟我说说 事情是怎么运作的 |
[15:27] | Is he invading the principal? | 他有没有侵入本金 |
[15:28] | Or are you just kicking back to him? | 还是你在给他回扣 |
[15:35] | Raul is as clean as they come. | 劳尔清白得不能再清白了 |
[15:38] | He pulled the pension fund from Axe Cap | 阿克斯罗德一遇到法务问题 |
[15:40] | the second Axelrod’s legal troubles set in. | 他就把养老基金从阿克斯资本撤了出来 |
[15:43] | And then he picked me | 然后他选了我 |
[15:46] | because I am a paragon of business ethics. | 因为我是商业道德的模范 |
[15:49] | You do know that Axe was in that legal trouble | 你应该知道阿克斯的法务问题 |
[15:51] | because I put him there. | 是我干的吧 |
[15:52] | But he survived. | 但他挺过来了 |
[15:54] | He always does. | 他一向如此 |
[15:57] | How come you don’t know that by now? | 你怎么到现在还不明白这一点 |
[16:01] | And for the record, | 我要说明一下 |
[16:03] | I didn’t even mean to mention his name. | 我不是有意提及他的名字的 |
[16:05] | There is no record. | 没必要说明 |
[16:07] | Why does mentioning his name concern you, friend? | 为什么提他的名字会让你担心 我的朋友 |
[16:09] | You have no business with him, do you? | 你跟他没有业务往来 对吧 |
[16:12] | Just don’t want it to seem like | 我只是不想让自己看起来在幸灾乐祸 |
[16:14] | I’m gloating that I took from him, is all. | 我从他手中拿走了基金 仅此而已 |
[16:19] | Is that the thing? | 就因为这事吗 |
[16:19] | You took from him? | 你拿走了基金 |
[16:21] | Or is there more to it? | 还是另有隐情 |
[16:23] | This game can be cutthroat. | 这个游戏可能会变得残酷 |
[16:26] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[16:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:37] | Thanks for coming in, Mr. Panay. | 谢谢你的光临 巴奈先生 |
[16:50] | I came across a tantalizing tidbit during my daily rounds. | 我在做每日巡查的时候收获了一条撩人的讯息 |
[16:55] | It’s Bonnie’s birthday… | 今天是邦妮的生日 |
[16:57] | That’s the tidbit? | 就这个讯息 |
[16:59] | No. | 不是的 |
[17:00] | She was contacted by a certain former Axe Cap employee | 有一个前阿克斯资本的员工联系了她 |
[17:04] | whom I’ll just call “Mafee.” | 我暂且称呼他为”玛菲”好了 |
[17:07] | And “Mafee” Invited her to celebratory drinks. | “玛菲”邀请她去喝庆生酒 |
[17:11] | She declined, but she didn’t officially report it. | 她拒绝了 但没有正式汇报这件事 |
[17:15] | Still not sharing. | 还是没有共享信息 |
[17:17] | And let me guess how you came across this morsel: | 让我来猜一猜你是如何获得这点信息的 |
[17:20] | In addition to reading all the e-mails flagged | 除了阅读所有被标记为 |
[17:22] | for possible compliance violations, | 可能存在违规行为的邮件之外 |
[17:23] | you’re also perusing any sent to eligible females in our employ. | 你还仔细阅读了所有发给特定女性员工的邮件 |
[17:27] | Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. | 永远的警惕是自由的代价 |
[17:29] | As the head of HR, | 作为人力资源主管 |
[17:30] | I really need to ask you to cut that the fuck out. | 我真的要告诉你 快他妈住手吧 |
[17:33] | Axe Cap emails are not your personal Penthouse Forum. | 阿克斯资本的邮件不是你的私人阁楼论坛 |
[17:37] | Is Bonnie still here? | 邦妮还在吗 |
[17:38] | She’s doing a B-day shindizzle with some of the people here– | 她跟一些同事出去喝酒庆生开派对了 |
[17:41] | – Are you going? – It’s for the psilikatzides. | -你去吗 -这是小人物的聚会 |
[17:45] | Small timers. | 也就是不重要的人 |
[17:46] | You weren’t invited. | 他们没有邀请你 |
[17:47] | Neither were you. | 也没有邀请你 |
[17:50] | – Wait, are you going? – Come on. | -等一下 你去哪 -走吧 |
[17:52] | Shut up. | 别说话 |
[18:05] | Oh, come on. | 真棒 |
[18:06] | This one’s classic, right? | 这张是经典 对吧 |
[18:11] | You got a problem with the ‘Commodores?’ | 你对海军准将组合有意见吗 |
[18:12] | Was expecting you to bring more Steely Dan. | 还以为你会放史提利·丹的音乐呢 |
[18:16] | Oh. I hold back the top shelf for my birthday. | 最好的音乐我要留给自己的生日 |
[18:22] | The adults are here… to party! | 家长们来这里开派对了 |
[18:30] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[18:40] | This one’s mine! | 这首歌我喜欢 |
[18:48] | Got any other celebrations planned? | 还有其他的庆祝计划吗 |
[18:51] | Didn’t plan this one. | 我连这个都没计划 |
[18:53] | People like to fete me. | 其他人喜欢招待我 |
[18:55] | And you let them? | 你就任由他们招待了 |
[18:57] | I don’t know. If I feel like a drank. | 我也不知道 想喝酒就来了 |
[19:00] | Anyone you don’t feel like drinking with? | 有没有你不想跟他一起喝酒的人吗 |
[19:04] | Okay, I know why you’re here. | 好了 我知道你来这的目的 |
[19:06] | ‘Cause that laxtard Mafee tried to sniff my panties. | 因为那个叛徒玛菲想要勾搭我 |
[19:08] | I shut that shit down. | 我拒绝了 |
[19:10] | I don’t need to report everything I do to mommy… | 我不需要每件事都跟妈妈汇报 |
[19:12] | but why is mommy spying on my shit? | 可是为什么妈妈会监视我呢 |
[19:15] | I’m the head of HR, email correspondence hits me | 我是人力资源主管 即使我不找事 |
[19:17] | even when I’m not looking for it. | 电子邮件的事也会找上我 |
[19:18] | So, my emails just happened– | 所以我的邮件就恰好… |
[19:19] | This isn’t all about you. | 这事也不完全是针对你 |
[19:22] | We are all as sick as our secrets. | 我们都已经烦透了秘密 |
[19:24] | So stop keeping ’em. | 别再保守秘密了 |
[19:26] | I will if you stop snooping. | 你不再监视我 我就不再保守秘密 |
[19:34] | Deal. | 一言为定 |
[19:39] | Topper. | 加点料 |
[19:44] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:46] | I’ve got work early tomorrow | 明天一早我就要工作 |
[19:49] | Yeah. We all do… | 没错 我们都是 |
[19:51] | Oh, right. | 对了 |
[19:53] | The other work. Sorry, bud. | 另一项工作 抱歉 兄弟 |
[19:56] | Topper. | 加点料 |
[20:00] | 下班后参加生日酒会 你晚上有吃的吧 好的 宝贝 玩得开心点 | |
[20:03] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[20:06] | COAT?! The fuck is that? | COAT[外套] 什么鬼 |
[20:08] | It means “Chance of Action Tonight.” Coat. | 意思是 “今晚有机会行动” COAT |
[20:13] | Who were you writing that to? | 你发这个给谁呢 |
[20:14] | My wife. | 我老婆 |
[20:15] | Oh. Puke. | 好恶心 |
[20:16] | In assessing nocturnal options, | 在我思考今晚干啥 |
[20:19] | whether to keep drinking, head home, | 是接着喝酒 直接回家 |
[20:21] | or squeeze in a tight little karaoke set, | 还是挤在卡拉OK的小沙发上的时候 |
[20:24] | it is good to know the likelihood of success | 知道你今晚能和你心爱的女士 |
[20:26] | with your special lady. | 在性方面有成功的可能 |
[20:28] | Sexually. | 真令人高兴 |
[20:30] | Well, assuming you pay her cash, | 你要是付她钱的话 |
[20:31] | chance should be north of 100. | 成功概率应该高于百分之百 |
[20:32] | I can assure you, I do not pay for it. | 我保证我不是花钱买的 |
[20:34] | No. You just beg for it. | 对 你是求来的 |
[20:36] | – Sometimes. – Sometimes it works! | -有时 -有时乞求确实有用 |
[20:38] | Maybe for you and you only. | 也许只对你有用 |
[20:40] | But not for your wife. | 不见得你老婆真吃这套 |
[20:41] | What you guys don’t seem to realize | 你们这些喜欢哀求啜泣的人 |
[20:43] | with all of your begging and whining is: act like a man, | 根本不懂得怎么当个男人 |
[20:47] | sometimes a girl just needs to get railed. | 有时候姑娘们就喜欢粗暴一点 |
[20:51] | Don’t you agree? | 你同意吗 |
[20:53] | Nobody wants to fuck a sexual panhandler. | 没人想上一个性乞丐 |
[20:56] | So how does it work in your bedroom? | 你的夫妻生活是什么样的呢 |
[21:04] | Action whenever either of us fucking wants it. | 不管谁想做 就马上做 |
[21:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:08] | – Yes. – Yeah! | -棒 -好 |
[21:10] | – That’s it. – Cheers! | -就这样 -干杯 |
[21:11] | – Come on! – Yeah! | -来 -棒 |
[21:56] | May I? | 我能进来吗 |
[22:05] | Tai chi. | 太极 |
[22:06] | The dance of the yin and yang. | 阴阳之舞 |
[22:09] | You ever practice? | 你练过 |
[22:11] | In my day, I have tried it all. | 我年轻时啥都练过 |
[22:13] | But I always come back to brute force. | 不过我还是喜欢纯粹的暴力 |
[22:17] | Much like Mr. Axelrod. | 和阿克斯罗德先生很像 |
[22:20] | You’ve heard about my banking problems. | 你已经听说了我在银行那边的麻烦 |
[22:23] | Yes. And like your Mighty Mouse, | 没错 并且我就像太空飞鼠一样 |
[22:25] | Here I come to save the day. | 我来拯救世界了 |
[22:29] | By providing me leverage. | 你要借我钱 |
[22:30] | Yes. And no. | 是也不是 |
[22:32] | There are friends I have. | 有一些我的朋友 |
[22:34] | Uh, they do similar work, they come from a similar place. | 他们干的活和我差不多 老家也差不多 |
[22:38] | Brothers. The Kozlovs. | 兄弟 科兹洛夫兄弟 |
[22:40] | And they’re looking to get more of their money into the West. | 他们想在西方有更多投资渠道 |
[22:45] | So you’ve done me the favor of finding the leverage… | 所以你帮了我 给了我钱 |
[22:47] | And you will do me the favor | 你也会帮我 |
[22:49] | of being most hospitable to my friends. | 好好招待我朋友 |
[22:53] | I’ll look into it. | 我会调查一下 |
[22:54] | Yes. Look before you leap. | 行 三思而后行 |
[22:56] | So long as in the end, you leap. | 只要你最后还是干了就行 |
[23:07] | You’re in a select club. | 你属于一个少见的群体 |
[23:09] | Female billionaires not named Oprah? | 非奥普拉亿万富婆俱乐部 |
[23:11] | Sure. But I meant | 当然 不过我说的是 |
[23:15] | people who have stopped me from making an investment. | 成功阻止我投资的人 |
[23:18] | I’m not usually so easy to dissuade. | 我不是一个很容易被打消主意的人 |
[23:21] | You seem pretty easy. | 你看着很好说话 |
[23:23] | If you keep pouring like that I will be. | 要是你接着那么倒酒 我就会那样了 |
[23:26] | No, but really, thank you. | 玩笑 不过真的 谢谢你 |
[23:28] | I might’ve been fooled by that robotics demo. | 我差点被那个机器人演示骗了 |
[23:30] | I happen to be expert in that. | 我碰巧很了解那个 |
[23:33] | That’s the thing about doing what I do. | 这和我平时干的活有关 |
[23:34] | You’re in these investments for so long, | 在这些地方投资了这么久 |
[23:36] | you really can’t take any chances. | 实在冒不起任何风险 |
[23:38] | I have to dive deep into all these companies, | 我得深入了解这些公司 |
[23:39] | really understand what the businesses are doing. | 搞明白他们到底鼓捣什么业务 |
[23:42] | I’m counting on that. | 我指着这个呢 |
[23:43] | Well I’m not gonna carry your fucking water. | 我不会给你干活的 |
[23:47] | I don’t expect you to. | 我也不指望你干 |
[23:48] | What if I want to partner with you? | 要是我想当你的合作伙伴呢 |
[23:50] | I’m not raising. | 我不募资 |
[23:52] | You’re really not taking on any money? | 你一点钱都不要吗 |
[23:54] | Opening a new fund in a couple months. | 几个月后要成立一个新基金 |
[23:56] | We could talk then. | 我们可以那时再谈 |
[23:57] | Maybe we don’t go through the fund. | 也许我们不用通过基金合作 |
[24:00] | You got a personal piece of everything, right? | 你在很多地方都有私人投资对吧 |
[24:03] | So break me off a piece of your piece. | 分我一杯羹 |
[24:06] | What are you high on from the last batch? | 上一批风投里面你看上什么了 |
[24:09] | A bottled cocktail company. | 一个瓶装鸡尾酒公司 |
[24:10] | A better mousetrap for backend webforms. | 一种新型后端网络表单 |
[24:13] | Uh, an industrial custodial company, | 一家工业保管公司 |
[24:14] | but that one’s fully subscribed. | 不过那家已经被全额认购了 |
[24:16] | Then that’s the one I want. | 那我就要那家 |
[24:18] | Why, ’cause it’s so sexy? | 为什么 因为它特别性感 |
[24:23] | I wasn’t doing the conman thing. | 我不是在花言巧语 |
[24:26] | I wasn’t telling you that there’s no opportunity | 我不是要告诉你这不可能 囤货居奇 |
[24:27] | so that the scarcity would get you to implore me for a way in. | 好让你求着要加入 |
[24:31] | It really is full. | 它是真的被全额认购了 |
[24:32] | Well, even if it’s not a game, I believe in your confidence. | 即便这不是花招 我也相信你的眼光 |
[24:36] | How much of the company do you have? | 那家公司的股份你有多少 |
[24:39] | Say half. | 大概一半吧 |
[24:41] | I’ll take it. | 我要了 |
[24:42] | Not on your charmed life. | 你想都别想 |
[24:43] | Half of your half. | 你那一半股份的一半 |
[24:45] | At 1.5x the market price. | 以市场价一点五倍的价格收购 |
[24:49] | What’s behind the mighty hankering | 你为什么这么想要 |
[24:51] | for that specific deal? | 做成这笔交易 |
[24:52] | If you’re that deep in it, I know it’s the one. | 因为你投了那么多 我知道这个肯定赚 |
[24:55] | Men in business. | 做生意的男人啊 |
[24:57] | It was a steady stream of no’s and rejections, | 我以前总是被拒绝 被否定 |
[25:00] | first from my bosses, then when I went looking for capital. | 先是我的上级 然后是我募资的时候 |
[25:03] | And now that I don’t need you, | 等到现在我不需要你们了 |
[25:05] | you all want to chip off a piece. | 你们又都想分一杯羹 |
[25:06] | I can promise you: I’m a value add. | 我可以向你保证 我加入有益无害 |
[25:08] | Yeah, I don’t doubt that for some reason. | 是 我不怀疑这个 |
[25:13] | Is that what made you leave the shopping network | 这就是迫使你离开购物公司 |
[25:15] | and go out on your own, shitty male bosses? | 自己创业的原因吗 讨厌的男上司 |
[25:19] | They hired me to pick the products. | 他们雇我去挑选产品 |
[25:21] | The ones I rolled out were stone winners. | 我挑出来的产品都绝对能赚 |
[25:22] | Yet I still had to fight them. | 但是我还得拼命说服他们 |
[25:25] | Eventually I couldn’t handle them | 最后我实在受不了他们 |
[25:26] | not listening to my ideas. | 不听取我的意见 |
[25:28] | How basic they thought. How slow they moved. | 思维简单 动作迟缓 |
[25:31] | The way I heard it, you started hoarding all the best products | 我听说的是 你私藏了最好的产品 |
[25:34] | instead of putting them in the system. | 不把它们推荐给公司 |
[25:36] | That way you had ’em when you launched on your own. | 你自己创办公司时才拿出来 |
[25:39] | Well, if that were true, | 要是那是真的 |
[25:40] | how could I have kicked their ass in the lawsuit they brought? | 我又怎么在他们提起的诉讼中击溃他们的呢 |
[25:46] | I saw value. I took. | 我看到商机 我就去争取 |
[25:48] | You think that makes me bad? | 你觉得这让我变成坏人了吗 |
[25:53] | Yeah. I do. | 的确 |
[25:55] | In the best way. | 坏得很好 |
[26:54] | Can I get the box? | 我能去拿盒子吗 |
[26:57] | This is working for me. | 现在这样我就挺有感觉的 |
[27:14] | Please? | 求你 |
[27:52] | How the hell did you find me… | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[27:54] | It wasn’t easy. | 很不容易 |
[27:56] | It wasn’t meant to be. | 本来就不该容易 |
[28:00] | You know I’m not my father-in-law. | 我不是我公公那种人 |
[28:02] | Yet you’re here. You tracked me down. | 但你还是来了 你找到了我 |
[28:05] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[28:08] | You once told me you knew people who… | 你曾经告诉过我 你认识一些 |
[28:12] | switched it up. | 换过角色的人 |
[28:13] | Reversed who was dominant. | 交换主导角色 |
[28:14] | Changed styles altogether. Yes. | 完全倒转过来 没错 |
[28:17] | They were role players. | 他们是玩角色扮演的 |
[28:19] | Experimenting. | 不断尝试 |
[28:21] | So, yes, they switched, from time to time, | 所以他们时不时会转换角色 |
[28:22] | moved off of bondage altogether. | 脱离性虐待癖 |
[28:25] | Tried exhibitionism, voyeurism. | 尝试暴露癖 窥淫癖 |
[28:27] | Other forms of play… | 其它形式… |
[28:29] | But that’s not Chuck, not his arousal template. | 但查克不是 这不是他性奋的模式 |
[28:33] | For him it’s not a game. It’s rooted deep. | 对他来说 这不是游戏 是更深层次的 |
[28:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:40] | Don’t thank me. | 不要谢我 |
[28:43] | Just don’t come back. | 不要再来就好了 |
[28:52] | Hey, I wanted to ask you– | 我想问你… |
[28:54] | I need to deal with something. Is it urgent? | 我需要处理点事 很急吗 |
[28:56] | No, it’s a personnel thing. | 不急 是人事方面的事 |
[28:58] | Someone I want to bring in. | 有个人我想招进来 |
[28:59] | Anyone you think meets our hiring criteria and fits our culture | 只要符合我们招聘标准 与我们的文化相符 |
[29:02] | goes to the top of the list. | 都可以上招聘名单的最优先级 |
[29:04] | Well, I don’t know if he’s top-of-the-list. | 我不知道他是不是最优先级的 |
[29:07] | It’s Rudy. | 是鲁迪 |
[29:08] | You think we need a mascot? | 你觉得我们需要个吉祥物吗 |
[29:09] | I think he’d be a net positive. | 我想他会有正面贡献的 |
[29:11] | He never really got a shot to show what he could do. | 他只是从来没得到展示自己的机会 |
[29:13] | If you think I didn’t coach him up well enough, have at it. | 如果你觉得我没有很好地指导他 那就试试 |
[29:15] | I-I didn’t mean– | 我不是说… |
[29:16] | You are a vital and valued member of this firm. | 你是本公司重要而且倚重的成员 |
[29:18] | And if you want to bring Rudy on, under you, | 如果你想要找鲁迪来 在你手下 |
[29:21] | and take responsibility for him blooming, | 并承担让他成熟发展的责任 |
[29:22] | you have my full blessing. | 我完全支持你 |
[29:24] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[29:30] | Report. | 报告 |
[29:33] | Here’s the brief. | 这是简报 |
[29:38] | Tl;dr, please. | 太长了 请捡重点说吧 |
[29:40] | The Kozlovs… | 科兹洛夫兄弟… |
[29:42] | They’re a rougher, messier version of | 他们是格里戈尔·安德洛夫的升级版 |
[29:44] | Grigor Andolov. | 更暴力 更乱 |
[29:44] | Not as smart, not as rich. | 没那么聪明 没那么有钱 |
[29:46] | Maybe twice as vicious. Real animals. | 可能是双倍的狠毒 绝对的禽兽 |
[29:48] | And we get back more. Much more. | 我们拿回更多 多得多 |
[29:51] | They don’t just order murders, | 他们不光是让手下去杀人 |
[29:52] | they carry them out. | 他们自己去执行 |
[29:54] | – Thank you. – You’re paying me. | -谢谢 -你花了钱雇我 |
[29:56] | You don’t have to thank me. | 你不用谢我 |
[30:05] | I think I’m gonna like him. | 我觉得我会欣赏他的 |
[30:06] | You’re going to like the way he does his job. | 你会欣赏他干活的方式的 |
[30:08] | Already do. | 我已经欣赏了 |
[30:09] | He didn’t offer an opinion on how we should proceed. | 他并没有提供我们该如何行事的意见 |
[30:11] | He wasn’t in here “Pitching.” | 他没有在那”兜售” |
[30:13] | But had you asked. | 而是回答了你问的 |
[30:14] | Sure. I imagine he’d have an approach. | 没错 我猜他已经有了方法 |
[30:16] | I’m asking you though. | 不过我在问你呢 |
[30:18] | It’s still money. | 谁的钱不是钱啊 |
[30:19] | Yes. And we need it. But… | 对 我们需要钱 但是… |
[30:21] | If the Kozlovs come on board, | 如果科兹洛夫兄弟进来 |
[30:23] | that means Grigor has more capital here | 就意味着格里戈尔在这里的资金 |
[30:24] | than the rest of the investors combined. | 比所有其他投资人加在一起都多 |
[30:26] | Gives him too much power. | 这样他的权力就太大了 |
[30:27] | He may have already gotten us into a position | 他也许已经把我们置于这样的境地了 |
[30:29] | from which there is no escape, only defeat. | 无路可走 只有败下阵来 |
[30:32] | Zugzwang, you know? | 迫移 你明白吧 |
[30:34] | It’s what I almost named the firm. | 我差点给公司起这个名字 |
[30:35] | In hopes that it would inspire us | 希望借此来激励我们 |
[30:36] | to get the other fella in that position. | 把对手逼到那样的位置上 |
[30:38] | Anyway, you’re right. | 不管怎样 你说得对 |
[30:40] | If I take the Kozlov money, | 如果我拿了科兹洛夫的钱 |
[30:41] | Grigor is in control. | 格里戈尔就有绝对的控制权 |
[30:42] | If I refuse the money, I’m refusing Grigor’s wishes. | 如果我不要这钱 我会违背格里戈尔的意愿 |
[30:45] | And he might pull his money, | 他也许会把资金撤走 |
[30:46] | instead of backing me against Axe’s threats. | 而不再支持我对抗阿克斯的威胁 |
[30:48] | But unlike chess, this isn’t just a two-person game, | 但与象棋不同的是 这不只是两个人的游戏 |
[30:50] | so there must be another option. | 所以一定有其它的选择的 |
[30:53] | We say yes. Make the Kozlovs say no. | 我们同意 让科兹洛夫说不 |
[30:56] | How? | 怎么做呢 |
[30:57] | Well, in order to give me the money, | 为了能把钱投给我 |
[30:58] | they have to have the money. | 他们得先有这笔钱才行 |
[31:00] | It’s a good thing you didn’t name the firm Zugzwang. | 幸亏你没有把公司的名字叫做迫移 |
[31:03] | Would have outed how good a player you are. | 会暴露你是个多好的棋手 |
[31:06] | It’s better they don’t know. | 最好他们都不知道 |
[31:07] | Better they never know. | 最好他们永远都不知道 |
[31:10] | I’m glad I know. | 很高兴我知道 |
[31:21] | Why’s Michael Panay afraid of Bobby Axelrod? | 迈克尔·巴奈为什么害怕波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[31:25] | I’m afraid of the Brazilian Wandering Spider. | 我还害怕巴西游走蛛呢 |
[31:28] | Well, now, see, that makes sense. | 你怕是有道理的 |
[31:30] | Most venomous arachnid in the world. | 那是最毒的蛛形纲动物 |
[31:32] | But Mr. Panay’s phobia doesn’t track. | 可巴奈先生的恐惧就解释不通了 |
[31:35] | If the pension fund is really his, | 如果养老基金确实是他的 |
[31:37] | what on God’s green does he have to fear? | 那他为什么要害怕 |
[31:39] | So my theory is, it’s not. | 我的理论是 那基金不是他的 |
[31:42] | Axe is still handling the fund and Panay’s a patsy. | 阿克斯仍然在管理着基金 巴奈只是个幌子 |
[31:45] | Well, that is a theory. | 那是种理论 |
[31:47] | Flat Earth is too. Making a comeback. | 地平论也是种理论 最近又有市场了 |
[31:49] | Only two ways it could’ve happened. | 要想这样只有两种方法 |
[31:50] | Axe pulled one over on you… or Axe is paying you. | 阿克斯做局骗了你… 或者他买通了你 |
[31:54] | Latter seems a lot more likely. | 后者可能性大得多 |
[31:56] | Seems like old times with you two. | 你们俩是老相识了 |
[31:57] | I never took kickbacks. | 我从不拿好处 |
[32:00] | I originally used Axe Capital because he was the best. | 从前我用阿克斯资本因为他是最好的 |
[32:02] | He made money for cops. | 他为警察们赚了钱 |
[32:03] | And when your antics ruined it, I moved on. | 后来你的招数把它给破坏了 我就往前走了 |
[32:06] | Because at the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about. | 因为归根到底 那才是根本 |
[32:08] | Not about flying private to the Kentucky Derby, huh? | 那跟坐私人飞机去肯塔基赛马会没关系了 |
[32:11] | I know you get off on seeing fear. | 我知道你看见恐惧就兴奋得不行 |
[32:14] | So your balls must be turning sapphire as you wonder… | 所以你在好奇他怎么一点不害怕时 |
[32:17] | why isn’t he afraid? | 你的蛋蛋都缩成蓝宝石了吧 |
[32:18] | Maybe because I’ve never been to the Kentucky Derby in my life… | 也许因为我从来没去过肯塔基赛马会… |
[32:21] | and you’re standing here without color of authority. | 而你没有一官半职地站在我面前 |
[32:24] | You’re a private citizen now. | 你现在是个普通民众了 |
[32:26] | Get used to it. Or don’t. | 你学会习惯还是习惯不了 |
[32:27] | Either way, you can’t touch me. | 随便你 你都奈何我不得 |
[32:40] | Hey, hey, people, you all know what time it is… | 我说你们 都知道今天是什么日子… |
[32:53] | The fuck you staring at, Gumby? | 你他妈看什么呢 泔水桶 |
[32:57] | You’re new. You’ll learn. | 你刚来 你会学会的 |
[32:59] | This is how it works the day after payday. | 发工资后第一天就是这样的 |
[33:02] | Giving back money. Doesn’t seem fair. | 把钱交回去 感觉不公平啊 |
[33:04] | If you want to stay, that’s the way, Gandhi. | 如果你想待下去 就是这样的 甘地 |
[33:08] | Gumby or– | 泔水桶还是… |
[33:08] | Am I gonna have a fucking problem with you? | 你会有什么他妈的问题吗 |
[33:13] | Good. | 很好 |
[33:14] | I’ll see you next Thursday. | 我们下周四见 |
[33:30] | More mommy and me time? | 更多和妈妈的亲子时刻吗 |
[33:32] | No, I think we have an understanding. | 不是 我认为我们俩已经有了共识了 |
[33:35] | I was impressed with how you handled the guys. | 我很欣赏你对付那些家伙的方式 |
[33:39] | We’re in the fucking veld. | 我们是在非洲大草原 |
[33:41] | It’s predator or prey. Choice is clear. | 是做吃肉的还是被吃的 选择很明显 |
[33:44] | I used to tend bar in college. | 我从前在大学里站过吧台 |
[33:47] | Got hit on by assholes all night long. | 整晚都是想占便宜的孙子们 |
[33:49] | It’s not that different. | 这没什么不一样 |
[33:51] | And pays a lot better. | 而且钱给得多多了 |
[33:54] | Do you ever worry that at some point the armor won’t come off? | 你就从没担心过你那个护甲可能再也摘不下了 |
[33:58] | Is that why you need a guy who doesn’t beg, takes charge. | 所以你才想找个发号施令的 不哀求的人吗 |
[34:00] | Tell me when you find one. | 你找到这么个人的时候告诉我一声 |
[34:03] | No, but seriously, is that what you want? | 说真的 你是想要那样的吗 |
[34:07] | You mean do I want to sublimate my authority at home? | 你是说我是想在家交出我的权威 |
[34:10] | With someone who’s masculine in all the right ways | 把它转移给一个充满阳刚 |
[34:12] | but not a douchebag. | 但绝非鲁夫的人 |
[34:14] | Let them take care of me, but make the decisions. | 让他们照顾我 但替我做拿主意 |
[34:16] | Or do I want to be the shot caller. | 还是说我想做拍板的人 |
[34:20] | Maybe pay all the bills. | 或许把账单付了 |
[34:22] | And end up with someone who’ll swallow that? | 或者跟一个能帮我还钱的人结婚 |
[34:26] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[34:29] | When I get home from work, | 等我下班回到家 |
[34:30] | if I didn’t go drinking, | 如果没去喝酒的话 |
[34:34] | and sometimes even if I did, | 即使我去喝酒了 |
[34:36] | I lace up the Nikes and I run the West Side Highway | 我会穿好跑鞋 沿着西高速跑步 |
[34:39] | until I forget that I want anything at all. | 直到我可以忘掉一切 |
[34:44] | Then I come back here. | 然后我再回来 |
[34:49] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[34:52] | – This isn’t– – About you. | -现在不是 -不关于你 |
[34:57] | Sure it’s not. | 当然 |
[35:02] | I guess I get out the running shoes from time to time. | 我可能时不时穿一次跑鞋吧 |
[35:11] | Is that always the way you do business? | 你都是这样做生意的吗 |
[35:13] | Yeah. You? | 是啊 你呢 |
[35:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:15] | Seriously, never had an evening | 说认真的 我从来没有一个晚上 |
[35:17] | that started at a tiki bar end so well. | 可以待在酒吧里享受 |
[35:19] | Well, next time we’ll try a luau. | 下次我们可以去试试夏威夷晚餐 |
[35:21] | Love to see you in a grass skirt. | 我很想看到你穿草裙的样子 |
[35:23] | Gotta have the legs for it. | 那得有双美腿 |
[35:25] | I’ll have the papers memorializing | 我今天下午会派人 |
[35:26] | your piece of the business sent over this afternoon. | 把你的持股登记书送过来 |
[35:30] | Unless you didn’t really want to take a stake. | 除非你不想入股 |
[35:31] | I want it. | 我想 |
[35:33] | Scrounging for equity’s not a pick-up move. | 认股可不是件小事 |
[35:36] | Then we’ll be in touch. | 那我再联系你 |
[35:51] | You get it? | 你拿到了吗 |
[35:52] | I almost pooped myself. | 我差点拉裤子 |
[35:53] | But I think so. Most of it. | 但是我想大部分都拿到了 |
[35:56] | Well, scoop up any other intel you can. | 再收集一些其他信息 |
[36:00] | And hold your mud. | 给我憋住了 |
[36:28] | Bob? | 波比在吗 |
[36:38] | I once remarked you wouldn’t even sweat… | 我曾经以为你不会流汗 |
[36:40] | and here you are dry as a bone after a workout. | 你竟然运动后还这么干爽 |
[36:43] | No workout. | 我没运动 |
[36:46] | Kelly just stretches me. | 凯莉只是在替我拉伸 |
[36:48] | She’s the best in the city. | 她是城里最棒的 |
[36:51] | I can have her stay after, take care of you. | 我可以让她留下来 也帮帮你 |
[36:53] | Another day maybe. | 改天吧 |
[36:55] | After we speak about a friend of yours. | 我们要先谈谈你朋友的事 |
[37:01] | Sorry to cut this short. | 抱歉我们要提前结束了 |
[37:02] | Of course. See you. | 没问题 再见 |
[37:14] | I don’t want to have you in the cross hairs anymore. | 我不想再看见你进准星了 |
[37:17] | Cross hairs only matter if they’re sitting atop a weapon. | 准星放在武器上才有用 |
[37:21] | You’re out of office; you no longer have one. | 你已经没有办公室了 |
[37:24] | I’ve been tasked, I have been given a task, | 有人给了我一个任务 |
[37:28] | by folks who do. | 就是抢了我办公室的人 |
[37:31] | So answer this: | 回答一下这个问题 |
[37:35] | what happens to you if I take down Raul Gomez? | 如果我扳倒了劳尔·戈麦斯 你会怎么样 |
[37:41] | I’d prefer that didn’t happen. | 我更希望这件事情没有发生 |
[37:43] | And I appreciate the gesture of you coming here to ask. | 谢谢你特地跑过来问我 |
[37:46] | But we can’t just leave it there. | 但是我们不能无视这个问题 |
[37:48] | – Because, as I said– -You’ve been tasked. | -因为 正如我所说 -你有任务 |
[37:51] | I have. | 是的 |
[37:54] | Is there some other way to satisfy your taskmaster on this? | 还有没有其他能让你领导满意的方法 |
[37:57] | He seems to feel that Raul is using the pension fund | 他或许觉得劳尔利用养老基金 |
[38:01] | the way Chris Stapleton uses Tennessee Whiskey, | 就好像克里斯·斯特普尔顿用田纳西威士忌 |
[38:04] | to slake his thirst. | 来解渴 |
[38:06] | He’s not. | 不是的 |
[38:07] | Not in the way your man thinks he is. | 不是他们想的那样 |
[38:09] | Tell me how it really is. | 告诉我真实情况 |
[38:11] | Then we solve it together. | 然后我们再一起解决 |
[38:13] | If a solution presents, yes. | 如果真有解决方法的话 好的 |
[38:16] | The man who sent you after this, is he law enforcement? | 让你干这个事的人 是执法人员吗 |
[38:19] | He is. | 是的 |
[38:20] | How high ranking? | 等级有多高 |
[38:22] | They all salute him. | 别人会向他敬礼 |
[38:25] | That man came up around when Raul did. | 那个人和劳尔同时发迹 |
[38:28] | He can’t like the fact that he’s running | 他不喜欢自己掌管的全国 |
[38:29] | the most storied police force in the nation | 最有名的警察部队 |
[38:31] | for not even a quarter of what Raul makes on the books. | 在账面上连劳尔的四分之一都比不过 |
[38:34] | So it’s jealousy. | 所以他嫉妒了 |
[38:36] | And from where I sit, | 从我这个地位上看 |
[38:38] | I usually see jealousy turn into the other thing. | 我经常发现嫉妒会转化成另外的物质 |
[38:42] | Greed. | 贪婪 |
[38:47] | There may be a way for you to satisfy everyone involved, | 我或许有办法在满足所有相关人员的同时 |
[38:50] | without hurting anyone. | 又不伤害任何人 |
[38:51] | Everyone wins and no one loses? | 共赢又不会有损失 |
[38:54] | I thought you and I live in the real world. | 我以为我们生活在现实世界 |
[38:56] | Maybe Michael Panay loses. | 或者迈克尔·巴奈会输 |
[39:00] | Which, in the scheme of things… | 但是筹划好之后 |
[39:01] | Yeah. Not really such a loss. | 也不算是输 |
[39:03] | No. | 不 |
[39:06] | And if there’s a big loser, | 如果要有一个大输家 |
[39:08] | there has to be a big winner. | 就会有一个大赢家 |
[39:11] | Now, who’s that gonna be? | 你想做哪一个 |
[39:15] | Take a guess. | 猜一猜吧 |
[39:30] | You know that scene in Pretty Woman | 你记不记得《风月俏佳人》里有这样一段 |
[39:32] | where the salesgirl treats her like garbage, | 售货员看不起她 |
[39:33] | so she marches down the street to another shop, | 所以她去了另一家店 |
[39:35] | buys absolutely everything, then circles back | 几乎把所有东西都买下来了 |
[39:37] | to the first store just to throw it in their face? | 然后回到第一家店 就为了把东西摔在他们脸上 |
[39:40] | Well, I’m Julia Roberts, and you’re fucked. | 我就是朱莉娅·罗伯茨 你玩完了 |
[39:42] | You made a big mistake. Big. Huge. | 你犯了一个大错误 巨大的错误 |
[39:45] | – I got all the money I need. – From where?! | -我拿到钱了 -从哪来的 |
[39:48] | None of your fucking business. | 关你屁事 |
[39:51] | So you can bet the next time | 你就看着吧 |
[39:52] | I need so much as a checking account, | 下次我再需要活期账户的时候 |
[39:53] | I’m going elsewhere. | 我就去找别人 |
[39:55] | Thanks for the koozie, asshole. | 谢谢你的杯套 混蛋 |
[40:02] | If it was a loan from a Russian bank, | 如果是俄罗斯银行的贷款 |
[40:03] | I’d see it on my system. | 我再系统上应该能看到 |
[40:05] | An individual. | 个人放贷 |
[40:06] | Not Grigor, he’s an investor… | 不是格里戈尔 他是投资人 |
[40:09] | The Kozlovs? | 柯兹洛夫家族 |
[40:10] | They use you as their prime… | 你是他们的首选 |
[40:12] | Yes. We’ve lent them capital, | 是的 我们借钱给他们了 |
[40:13] | but for infrastructure projects mainly. | 但大多数是基础设施项目 |
[40:15] | Force a capital call on a few of those projects then. | 给这些项目强行资金回流 |
[40:19] | Pull back the loans. | 把贷款收回来 |
[40:20] | I want them cash poor on this side of the Atlantic. | 我要让他们在整个大西洋海岸都借不到钱 |
[40:23] | Cripple their ability to dole out to Taylor. | 让他们没钱给泰勒 |
[40:25] | That’s a big request… | 这个要求太大了 |
[40:26] | I can practically feel your hand in my pocket. | 我知道你需要我的钱 |
[40:28] | I already went in on that dipshit robotics play. | 我已经投了你们愚蠢的机器技术了 |
[40:31] | This costs me more, so it costs you more. | 这会浪费我更多 也浪费你更多 |
[40:34] | Drop Spartan-Ives, make me your main prime. | 放弃斯巴坦-艾弗斯 让我做你的首选 |
[40:37] | Well, if you fight for me as hard | 如果你能像为了你的银行一样 |
[40:39] | as you’re fighting for your bank… | 为我奋斗 |
[40:41] | that’s on the table. | 那我就答应你 |
[40:44] | Good enough for me… | 可以了 |
[40:50] | Hey, guys, Theo from Patriot Trust… | 伙计们 我是爱国者信托银行的西奥 |
[40:55] | I know we thought we could extend | 我知道我们本来以为可以扩大投资 |
[40:56] | that billion-two for a year, | 一年二十亿 |
[40:58] | but it turns out we need to pull it back. | 但是现在我们要回收资金了 |
[41:02] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[41:04] | When? | 什么时候 |
[41:06] | Immediately. | 立刻 |
[41:07] | You guys should come in so we can hammer it out. | 你们要不来一趟 我们讨论一下 |
[41:22] | So, how dirty is my man? | 那个人有多卑鄙 |
[41:24] | Training Day or Prince of the City? | 《训练日》的程度还是《城市王子》的程度 |
[41:27] | Raul is taking money. You were right. | 劳尔拿了钱 你是对的 |
[41:29] | I smelled it. | 我早就知道 |
[41:30] | You have the evidence I can use to seize his pension? | 你有没有什么证据可以让我没收他的养老金 |
[41:33] | Not exactly. | 没有 |
[41:34] | God damn it, Chuck. Did I send in the wrong man? | 见鬼 查克 我选错人了吗 |
[41:39] | In a way. | 某种意义上是的 |
[41:39] | Because I don’t have what you asked for. | 因为我没有你想要的东西 |
[41:41] | But in another way, I know how to get what you really want. | 但另一方面 我知道如何达到你的真实目的 |
[41:45] | Spit it out. | 说吧 |
[41:48] | Keep Raul, have him fire Panay. | 留住劳尔 让他开了巴奈 |
[41:51] | Now, why the fuck would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[41:54] | Raul was in his job before you were in yours. | 劳尔入行比你要早 |
[41:58] | He’s not your man. | 他不是你的人 |
[42:00] | You do not have an… understanding with him. | 你跟他没有什么共识 |
[42:04] | So you think you won’t have an understanding | 所以他不论聘请什么人当经理 |
[42:06] | with whatever manager he hires. | 你都没有共识 |
[42:10] | And I imagine, as you’ve gotten older, | 我认为 随着年龄的增长 |
[42:12] | contemplated your retirement, | 为你的退休做好打算 |
[42:16] | an understanding seems more and more important to you. | 有一个共识似乎对你来所越来越重要 |
[42:27] | And you think I can get that | 你认为不论劳尔找谁 |
[42:28] | with whoever Raul hires to replace Panay? | 代替巴奈我都能达到目的吗 |
[42:32] | I think the new manager and you would be fucking soulmates. | 我认为新的经理跟你简直就是绝配 |
[42:36] | Because I believe that man would be Bobby Axelrod. | 因为我认为那人会是波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[42:45] | You really got down in those NYC sewers. | 你可真是纽约肚子里的虫 |
[42:47] | That’s what you get with me. | 找我就是这个效果 |
[42:49] | No fear, of power or alligators. | 不怕强权 不畏恶霸 |
[42:54] | It’s why you and your union are gonna back me for AG. | 这就是你和你的联盟支持我竞选总检察长的原因 |
[42:57] | Thought that might be coming. | 我也料到这一点了 |
[42:58] | It’s better for you. | 对你更有好处 |
[43:00] | You were saddled with Darcha | 你选了达尔查 |
[43:01] | by baroque rules of New York State succession. | 是因为纽约州老古董的接任规则 |
[43:04] | He’s not your choice. | 他不是你想选的 |
[43:07] | He doesn’t know how this town really works. | 他都不知道这个地方的规矩 |
[43:22] | Just the one photo? | 就这一张照片 |
[43:27] | I tossed the ones of me with Chuck. | 我把和查克的那张扔了 |
[43:28] | And I haven’t yet had the chance to | 我还没有机会跟所有大人物 |
[43:29] | shake and smile with all the machers. | 微笑握手合影留念 |
[43:31] | So no pics with him. But his words in your mouth. | 所以没有跟他的合影 但说的话都一样 |
[43:34] | Okay. It suits you. | 好吧 挺适合你 |
[43:36] | You still have Darcha on your wish list for state AG? | 你还是希望达尔查当总检察长吗 |
[43:39] | Yes. I back-channeled with his Chief Of Staff, | 是的 我和他的办公室主任私下聊了聊 |
[43:41] | and he said they have no interest in fighting it out with us. | 他说他们没有插手我们业务的兴趣 |
[43:43] | I think they’ll basically do our bidding | 我认为他们会听我们的 |
[43:45] | and back the fuck off when we want ’em to. | 并且在我们需要他们滚蛋的时候就滚 |
[43:47] | Darcha really would have been our ideal man then. | 那达尔查真的本可以是我们的如意人选了 |
[43:50] | Why “would have been”? | 为什么说”本可以” |
[43:52] | He cancelled his appearance at San Gennaro tomorrow. | 明天圣真那罗节的活动他不去了 |
[43:59] | What about Sansome? | 桑瑟姆呢 |
[44:01] | Still appearing. | 他还去 |
[44:05] | Motherfuck. | 混蛋 |
[44:09] | They pay me… then they take the money back. | 他们给我钱 然后又要回去 |
[44:12] | I can’t leave. They call Immigration… | 我又不能走 他们会找移民局 |
[44:14] | It’s a story being told over and over | 这个故事在尤里卡方案建构公司 |
[44:16] | inside the ranks of Eureka Building Solutions. | 已经不是什么秘密了 |
[44:18] | What had once looked like a leader | 该公司在工业清洁领域 |
[44:20] | in the industrial cleaning space | 曾一度居领先位置 |
[44:21] | awaiting a huge valuation, | 正待一笔巨额估值 |
[44:23] | is now rumored to be facing probes | 现在却据悉正面对 |
[44:24] | by several regulatory agencies– | 几家管理机构的调查 |
[44:26] | That is one powerful piece of journalism. | 这真是很劲爆的大新闻 |
[44:30] | It is. And accurate. | 是的 而且很精准 |
[44:32] | It’s gone up on the journal’s site by now, | 已经上了新闻网站了 |
[44:34] | but I wanted to show it to you personally, since, you know… | 但是我想亲自让你看看 毕竟… |
[44:36] | Sure. | 那自然 |
[44:37] | It’s wrong what that company did to those workers. | 那家公司对待员工的做法是不对的 |
[44:40] | They deserve their bread and their roses too. | 他们也应拥有工作和爱情 |
[44:46] | Tuk did good work here. | 塔克功不可没 |
[44:48] | Went above and beyond. | 超过预期 |
[44:49] | He’s complaining he still smells like pine cleaner. | 他还在抱怨自己身上有清洁剂的味道 |
[44:52] | Go give him an attaboy, Ben. | 那就好好夸奖他 本 |
[44:54] | Took me three years with you to earn an attaboy. | 我工作了三年才得到夸奖 |
[44:56] | Then fuck the attaboy. | 那就别夸了 |
[44:58] | Did his job. Got paid. Move on. | 他干活 拿钱 继续 |
[45:00] | Your guy. Your call. | 你的人 你说了算 |
[45:02] | …I think I’ll give him an attaboy… | 我还是夸夸他吧 |
[45:14] | Move. | 让开 |
[45:17] | a She-E-O. Nice… | 女总裁 厉害 |
[45:20] | Axe… | 阿克斯 |
[45:22] | I was trying to figure out why you invested | 我之前一直在想你为什么 |
[45:23] | in that dogshit robotics company. | 投资那家狗屎机器人 |
[45:26] | And if I fucked an idiot or just someone really duplicitous. | 我到底是上了一个蠢货还是上了一个狡诈鬼 |
[45:29] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[45:30] | Patriot Trust Bank. | 爱国者信托银行 |
[45:32] | Trying to drum up more business. | 想多招揽点生意 |
[45:34] | Definitely not switching primes. | 绝对没有转移主要战场 |
[45:40] | I heard you were denying Taylor Mason leverage. | 我听说你封杀泰勒·梅森的杠杆率 |
[45:42] | I wanted the Street to know. | 我想让整个华尔街都知道 |
[45:43] | Now I see what’s behind everything: Your wrath. | 我现在算是明白问题的根源了 你的愤怒 |
[45:47] | Which I am now going to blunt. | 我就挑明了吧 |
[45:49] | I’m gonna get Taylor their leverage. | 泰勒的杠杆率我打算给 |
[45:51] | That is not what I would call a proportionate response. | 你这就不是正常反应了 |
[45:55] | Because proportionate responses | 因为正常反应 |
[45:57] | don’t work on nation states like you. | 对你这种孤树一帜不好使 |
[45:59] | I-I don’t care if you lie or obfuscate. | 我不管你是撒谎还是含糊不清 |
[46:02] | I care when you take profits that should be mine. | 但是你拿了本该属于我的利润我就得管了 |
[46:05] | Your cleaning company is worth | 你的清洁公司的市值 |
[46:07] | significantly more than it was yesterday. | 比昨天明显多了很多 |
[46:09] | You know what kind of horrible shit your competition was up to? | 你知道你的竞争对手干了什么勾当吗 |
[46:12] | Of course I did. And I would’ve beaten them, | 我当然知道 而且我本可以通过 |
[46:13] | in time, through proper business practices. | 正常的商业手段适时地打败他们 |
[46:15] | And now you have. | 现在你已经打败了 |
[46:16] | And my piece would have been worth even more | 要不是你掺和进来 我的股份 |
[46:19] | if I didn’t cut you in. | 可以更值钱 |
[46:20] | Somehow I don’t think it would have | 我认为要不是你让我进来 |
[46:21] | gone up so quick if you hadn’t. | 公司也不会增值这么快 |
[46:23] | – Really? – Like I told you: | -是吗 -我说过 |
[46:25] | I’m a value add. | 我是个增值宝 |
[46:26] | Give me back the shares, fucko. | 把我的股份还我 滚蛋宝 |
[46:29] | I paid you handsomely. | 我可是付了好大一笔钱呢 |
[46:32] | You can buy me out at current value. | 你可以以现值赎回 |
[46:33] | Take the rest of the ride yourself. | 后面的过山车你自己坐 |
[46:35] | If you want to be rid of me that badly. | 如果你真那么想摆脱我的话 |
[46:38] | Fine. Half my shares back. | 好吧 我股份的一半 |
[46:40] | Well, as you said, they’re worth more now. | 你也说了 股份更值钱了 |
[46:42] | – So what price, uh– – I get the profit on those. | -什么价呢 -利润归我 |
[46:45] | You get only your initial investment back on ’em. | 你只能拿回你的初始投资 |
[46:47] | And I let you have a clear shot at Taylor Mason. | 这样我就不挡着你追杀泰勒·梅森 |
[46:49] | Expensive… | 肉好疼 |
[46:50] | But worth it. | 值就行 |
[46:52] | Good. Done. | 行 成交 |
[46:54] | And we’ll take the rest of this ride together. | 那我们一起玩过山车 |
[46:58] | By the way, you got bigger. | 对了 你的公司壮大了 |
[47:00] | You now have 4,200 new and hard-working employees | 你现在有4200名勤奋苦干的新员工 |
[47:03] | ready to step aboard your cleaning company. | 等着加入你的清洁公司了 |
[47:05] | Our company. | 我们的公司 |
[47:07] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[47:09] | You hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[47:10] | I could eat. | 可以吃点 |
[47:16] | Come in. | 请进 |
[47:21] | Donna didn’t announce the United States Attorney | 唐娜没宣布参加 |
[47:23] | for the Southern District. | 南区检察长的竞选 |
[47:25] | She must’ve stepped out. | 她一定是退出了 |
[47:27] | And that’s when you stepped in. | 那你正好申请 |
[47:30] | Always angle-shooting. | 一定要趁机行事 |
[47:31] | Shooting angles. Important difference. | 把握方向 差别很大 |
[47:34] | You taught me that. | 还是你教我的 |
[47:35] | – Should I go? – Nah. I’m just getting warm. | -需要我离开吗 -不用 我刚热起来 |
[47:39] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你打什么算盘 |
[47:40] | And I’m here to tell you, don’t. | 我来告诉你 不要 |
[47:42] | Don’t do it. Don’t run. | 不要做 不要竞选 |
[47:43] | You didn’t come to plead. | 你不是来求我的 |
[47:45] | You came to threaten. | 你是来威胁我的 |
[47:47] | So hit me with the back half. | 所以你把话说完吧 |
[47:50] | I’ve been keeping out of your way as much as possible. | 我一直尽量不要挡你的路 |
[47:52] | What do you call reviewing all my old cases? | 那你管查我的旧案子叫什么 |
[47:54] | My duty. But like I said, | 我的职责所在 就像我说的 |
[47:56] | I’ve been holding back the full power of my office. | 我一直没有用上我所有的权力 |
[47:58] | And I think you know what that power is. | 我觉得你知道那个权力是什么 |
[47:59] | What it can do. So if you run, | 那个权力能做什么 所以如果你竞选了 |
[48:02] | if you try to again put yourself in a position of public trust | 如果你再试图坐上任何与公共信任 |
[48:06] | and public authority, | 和公共权利相干的职位 |
[48:07] | I will be forced to let slip the dogs of war. | 我肯定会派兵出击的 |
[48:10] | Oh, that one I definitely taught you. | 我肯定教过你这一点 |
[48:13] | Yeah. That’s the one I used on Axelrod | 对 这一招我在阿克斯罗德身上用过 |
[48:15] | to get him to make his first mistake. | 让他犯下了第一个错 |
[48:17] | Sometimes you learn from the worst. | 有时候真是近墨者黑 |
[48:20] | You didn’t need to bring out the needle to nudge me. | 你不用这样跟我针锋相对 |
[48:22] | I was running. I am running. | 我之前在竞选 我依然在竞选 |
[48:24] | And when I win, | 而当我胜选的时候 |
[48:44] | – Hey, buddy. – Hey. | -伙计 -嗨 |
[48:47] | So, | 那么 |
[48:49] | how’s it work at a quant overlay? | 在一个全是量化分析师的地方工作是什么样 |
[48:51] | Am I still gonna be an analyst or– | 我还是当一个分析师还是 |
[48:53] | I’m sorry, man. I can’t do it. | 抱歉 我没办成 |
[48:57] | Taylor blocked it. | 泰勒不同意 |
[48:59] | They’re like the HAL 9000 or Rain Man. | 他们就像HAL9000或者雨人一样 |
[49:01] | They’re always playing the percentages. | 他们总是在跟百分比打交道 |
[49:03] | Yeah, they’re not. | 不是的 |
[49:05] | They see… everything. | 他们能看透一切 |
[49:06] | It’s why they did what they did with Axe, | 这就是为什么他们即使有风险 |
[49:08] | despite the risk. | 还是对阿克斯做了那种事 |
[49:10] | Why they brought me here and put a lot of faith in me… | 为什么他们把我挖来 对我抱了很高的期望 |
[49:13] | and why I gotta say no. | 也是为什么我要拒绝 |
[49:16] | You’re blocking me? | 是你不同意 |
[49:18] | I think you’re a great dude. | 我觉得你是个好人 |
[49:20] | If I was 13 again, | 如果我回到13岁 |
[49:21] | I would play Magic: The Gathering with you, | 我会跟你玩万智牌 |
[49:22] | like, every day at lunch. | 每天吃午饭都会玩 |
[49:24] | But when you’re a man, you gotta put childish things away… | 但你是个男人 你得把那些幼稚的东西收起来 |
[49:28] | at work. | 工作期间 |
[49:30] | I got responsibilities now. | 我现在有了责任 |
[49:31] | Like you said, I’m a partner. | 就像你说的 我是合伙人 |
[49:38] | You’re a fucking asshole. | 你就是个混蛋 |
[49:41] | You think you’re better than me. | 你觉得你比我厉害 |
[49:42] | I don’t think I’m better than you. | 我不觉得我比你好 |
[49:44] | I’m just better at my job. | 我只是更擅长我的工作 |
[49:46] | And I will definitely figure out | 我一定会弄明白 |
[49:48] | what an appropriate baby gift is and send one. | 合适的婴儿礼物是什么然后送一份 |
[50:13] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[50:14] | You want me to go with you? Or send Cook? | 需要我跟你去吗 或者派库克去 |
[50:16] | No. I have to face Grigor alone. | 不 我必须要单独面对格里戈尔 |
[50:20] | I hope he doesn’t recognize that I did it. | 我希望他不会发现是我做的 |
[50:22] | What are the chances of that? | 有多大可能 |
[50:24] | If he does know, | 如果他知道 |
[50:25] | he’s either going to take them out or take me out. | 他要么会解决他们 要么就会解决我 |
[50:56] | Garlic pepper and dill for you. | 大蒜 胡椒 莳萝给你 |
[51:03] | Horseradish for me. | 山葵的是我的 |
[51:12] | I bring what to most would be bad news. | 对很多人来说我带来的是坏消息 |
[51:17] | The Kozlovs, the men who wanted to give you money, | 想给你投资的科兹洛夫兄弟 |
[51:20] | have had some reversals and no longer have money to give. | 出现了一些情况 现在没钱给你了 |
[51:25] | I suppose that is bad news. For me. | 我觉得对我而言 这是个坏消息 |
[51:27] | But for you… these friends are overextended. | 但对你而言 这些朋友已经过时了 |
[51:31] | Perhaps you could rescue them or… | 或许你可以拯救他们 |
[51:33] | and I’m just thinking out loud here… take them out. | 我只是自言自语 把他们解决掉 |
[51:38] | They are vulnerable. Prone. | 他们处于弱势 容易处理 |
[51:41] | You could buy all their assets for pennies on the dollar. | 你可以用零头的价钱买下他们所有的资产 |
[51:44] | Your idea of fun is to dangle my friends in front of Axe | 你认为的有意思就是把我朋友吊在阿克斯面前 |
[51:49] | and watch him feed on them? | 然后看着他吞掉他们吗 |
[51:51] | I’m feeding them to you. | 我是把他们丢给你 |
[51:52] | Axe just cut ’em down into digestible bites. | 阿克斯把他们切成好消化的小块 |
[51:56] | This is a course of action | 这种事情只有最下三滥的 |
[51:59] | only the nastiest of the Bratva would take. | 兄弟会成员才会做得出 |
[52:03] | It is also what I thought you might say, and do. | 我也觉得你会这么说 这么做 |
[52:16] | All this raises the question: The Kozlovs, | 这一切都引起了一个问题 科兹洛夫家族 |
[52:21] | how good friends are they really? | 他们跟你的关系到底有多好 |
[52:27] | It turns out… | 其实 |
[52:32] | not so good. | 没那么好 |
[52:36] | I accept this most gracious gift. | 我接受这个最真挚的礼物 |
[52:39] | And in return, you hope what, | 作为回报 你是希望 |
[52:42] | that the leverage you so crave will now come directly from me? | 你能从我手中直接拿到你最想要的杠杆 |
[52:47] | I think you like that Axe has shut the banks to me. | 我觉得你很享受阿克斯让银行不对我开放 |
[52:49] | Because it makes me more reliant on you. | 因为这让我更依赖你 |
[52:51] | That ends now. | 到此为止 |
[52:54] | Like the once great American Bob Ritchie said: | 就像伟大的美国人鲍勃·里奇 |
[52:57] | “You can knock me down and watch me bleed. | “你能把我打倒看我留血 |
[52:58] | But you can’t keep no chains on me.” | 但你不能束缚我” |
[53:01] | The Kid Rock. | 摇滚小子 |
[53:03] | I admire him greatly. | 我很崇拜他 |
[53:05] | I need independent leverage. | 我需要独立的杠杆 |
[53:07] | You’ll use your influence to open the banks back up to me. | 你要用你的影响让银行重新对我开放 |
[53:17] | This I do. | 这一点我会的 |
[53:21] | “Only God Knows Why.” | “只有天知道” |
[54:00] | – Oh? – Yeah, yeah. | -是吧 -对 |
[54:09] | Here. Can you just give me one second? | 等我一下好吗 |
[54:10] | Yeah. | 好 |
[54:15] | So glad the fund’s coming back to Axe Capital, | 很高兴基金又重回了阿克斯资本 |
[54:17] | where it belongs. | 物归原主 |
[54:18] | Somehow you always seem to get what you want. | 你总是有办法如愿以偿 |
[54:25] | Pure luck. | 只是运气好 |
[54:31] | …from the scourge of spreading disbelief. | 免受传播怀疑的鞭挞 |
[54:35] | Free us from all evils and dangers | 解救我们免于收到所以来自各方的 |
[54:38] | that threaten us from every side. | 邪恶与危险 |
[54:41] | May the faith for which you sacrifice… | 愿以你的牺牲换来的信念… |
[54:43] | You sure you’re ready for the glare of public life again? | 你确定你准备好面对公众的蔑视了吗 |
[54:46] | You’re good at working in the shadows. | 你很擅长在阴暗处工作 |
[54:48] | Don’t worry about me, buddy boy. | 别担心我 兄弟 |
[54:49] | …the Lord our God can rightfully expect | 我们的主上帝可以对他的 |
[54:52] | from His servants. Amen. | 仆从有所期待 阿门 |
[54:58] | 欢迎来到第九十二届 圣加纳罗宴会 | |
[54:59] | Thank you, Father. | 感谢你 神父 |
[55:02] | I think there’s one thing we can all agree upon as New Yorkers. | 我觉得作为纽约人 有一件事我们可以有共识 |
[55:06] | Someone always wants something from ya. | 总有人要从你身上得到点什么 |
[55:08] | Someone’s always hocking ya. | 总有人欠你些什么 |
[55:10] | ‘Help me. Support me. Endorse me.’ | 帮我 支持我 拥护我 |
[55:13] | Well, maybe you’ve noticed. | 或许你已经注意到了 |
[55:15] | I don’t do a lot of endorsing. | 我并不太拥护别人 |
[55:17] | Until someone like the next guy comes along. | 直到像下一位这样的人出现 |
[55:21] | Then I’m practically hocking him. | 然后我基本上就吹他了 |
[55:23] | I’ve seen the good he’s done to clean up the streets of Gotham. | 我见过他为清理哥谭市的街道做出的贡献 |
[55:27] | And I can’t wait to see what he’s gonna do | 我迫不及待想看看 |
[55:30] | for the rest of New York State. | 他会对纽约州有什么贡献 |
[55:32] | I give you your next Attorney General… | 为大家隆重介绍下一任纽约州总检察长 |
[55:36] | Chuck Rhoades! | 查克·罗兹 |
[55:45] | – Wonderful. Thank you. – You bet. | -太棒了 谢谢你 -小意思 |
[55:47] | – Thank you. – All right. | -谢谢你们 -好的 |
[55:49] | Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, | 谢谢你们 女士们先生们 |
[55:50] | I am so proud to be here with you tonight. | 今天能来到这里 我非常荣幸 |
[55:53] | In fact, “I am chomping at the bit | 实际上 我迫不及待要成为 |
[55:56] | to be your next Attorney General”! | 下一任的总检察长 |
[55:58] | Yes! | 对 |
[56:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[56:09] | Yeah! | 没错 |