时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:07] | You want an unprecedented raise in record time. | 你想在超短的时间内募集空前量级的资金 |
[00:10] | So how are you going to help me get the first ten stacks? | 你要怎么让我拿到头100亿 |
[00:12] | We need Grigor Andolov. | 我们需要格里戈尔·安德洛夫 |
[00:13] | I just want to see you work a little bit harder for it. | 我只是想看你为它更拼一点 |
[00:18] | You breached my threshold and threatened me. | 你突破了底线 还威胁了我 |
[00:21] | Just wait a second– | 等一下 |
[00:22] | Drop your credentials at the guard’s desk. | 把你的证件放在警卫的桌子上 |
[00:24] | And GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! | 然后从这里滚出去 |
[00:28] | What the fuck?! | 搞什么鬼 |
[00:29] | What, exactly, did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[00:31] | How do I get you to break your letter of intent | 我要怎么做才能让你撕毁 |
[00:33] | with Oscar Langstraat? | 跟奥斯卡·蓝斯瑞特的合作意向书 |
[00:34] | It basically solves our problem. | 基本上解决了我们的问题 |
[00:36] | You sold out my relationship in order to do it. | 你为做成这个事出卖了我的情感关系 |
[00:38] | He said I was off the raise team. | 他说我不在集资队伍里 |
[00:40] | I won’t stagnate. | 我不会停滞不前 |
[00:41] | Not for Axe. Not for anybody. | 不会为了阿克斯 也不为任何人 |
[00:43] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会和他谈的 |
[00:45] | With someone like Taylor, | 泰勒这样的人 |
[00:46] | what they need is forward momentum, | 需要的是前进的势头 |
[00:48] | above all things. | 这比任何事都重要 |
[00:49] | Where the fuck did Jeffcoat get all this money? | 杰夫科特的这些钱他都从哪弄的 |
[00:53] | TexasSouthCable. | 得州南部电视 |
[00:54] | I want you to launch an investigation | 我要你开始调查 |
[00:56] | into Jock Jeffcoat’s brother and TexasSouthCable. | 乔克·杰夫科特的弟弟和得州南部电视 |
[01:00] | Nothing makes me feel so alive | 没有什么比把头放进老虎的嘴 |
[01:01] | as putting my head in a tiger’s mouth. | 更让我能感受到生命力了 |
[01:04] | We’re gonna get Jock on trying to stop it. | 我们想让乔克出手阻止 |
[01:06] | Obstruction of justice. | 妨碍司法公正 |
[01:08] | I’m putting you on the raise team. | 我会让你进入集资小组 |
[01:10] | Fuckin’ A. Onward and upward. | 棒极了 奋斗向上 |
[01:12] | There’s gonna be 30 bil on the table, | 我们一共有三百亿 |
[01:13] | get ready to help me haul it outta there. | 帮我好好利用这笔钱 |
[01:15] | It looks like you’re ready to get into business. | 看起来你准备好谈正事了 |
[01:17] | I need a meeting with your boss, Grigor Andolov. | 我需要跟你老板格里戈尔·安德洛夫会面 |
[01:44] | The Sands is proud to present | 金沙乐队很骄傲地为大家呈现 |
[01:46] | a wonderful new show, a man and his music. | 一台完美的新节目 一个男人和他的音乐 |
[01:51] | The music of Count Basie and his great band. | 贝西伯爵和他的伟大乐团带来的音乐 |
[01:56] | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯资本 推介会 | |
[02:04] | And the man is Frank Sinatra. | 这个人就是法兰克·辛屈纳 |
[02:04] | 美国著名歌手 演员 主持人 曾多次获格莱美奖及金像奖 | |
[02:08] | You smell that? | 你闻到了吗 |
[02:10] | You smell that? | 你闻到了吗 |
[02:11] | That’s money, son… | 这就是钱的味道 小伙子 |
[02:12] | People who have never been near money will say: | 从来没见过钱的人 |
[02:14] | “I smell money,” when entering a casino | 会在进入赌场或者参加销售会议的时候 |
[02:17] | or showing up at a sales conference. | 说”我闻到了钱的味道” |
[02:19] | They, of course, can’t | 当然 他们是闻不到的 |
[02:20] | because they don’t know how to recognize the scent. | 因为他们不知道怎么辨识出那个气味 |
[02:22] | But you? | 但是你知道 |
[02:23] | Like a shorthaired pointer on a dabbling duck. | 就像一条追钻水鸭的短毛猎犬 |
[02:27] | And I am telling you, Sef, I smell money. | 我跟你说 小妞 我闻到了钱的味道 |
[02:31] | How did all these people get in my room? | 这些人怎么都跑我房间来了 |
[02:42] | Gentlemen, today’s the day! | 先生们 今天是个大日子 |
[02:45] | – How much is on the table? – By the close of the event, | -成交量能有多少 -到活动结束为止 |
[02:47] | 30 billion will be earmarked, invested, captured. | 敲定 投资 收获的资金将达三百亿 |
[02:50] | If we don’t walk out of here | 如果我们走出这里的时候 |
[02:51] | with at least a third of the available capital– | 没能拿走至少三分之一的可用资本 |
[02:53] | I’ve teed this whole thing up so that you will. | 我已经为你们都安排妥当了 |
[02:57] | Should I give you “Napalm in the morning”– | 我是不是应该送你一曲《清晨的燃烧弹》 |
[02:58] | I already got a version– | 我已经有一个版本了 |
[03:00] | Then “No vice but beggary”? | 要不《不择手段 唯有乞丐》 |
[03:01] | How ’bout Nick Saban? | 尼克·塞班的怎么样 |
[03:03] | Roll Tide…Roll! | 加油 弄潮儿 |
[03:04] | That’s fucking impressive. | 真是让人刮目相看 |
[03:06] | I count on it. | 我就指着这个呢 |
[03:07] | Where’s Taylor? | 泰勒呢 |
[03:08] | I have a text. They say: “Soon. | 我收到一条信息 写着 “快了 |
[03:10] | Organizing some last-minute things.” | “整理一些临场的准备” |
[03:11] | Pitch doesn’t work without Taylor. | 没有泰勒的话球进不了门 |
[03:13] | They better make it. | 最好赶紧过来 |
[03:35] | I was just asking myself if I would. | 我刚刚问自己会不会同意 |
[03:42] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[03:46] | …I would! | 我同意了 |
[03:49] | Every day you live this life | 你活着的每一天 |
[03:50] | you learn something about yourself. | 都能让你对自己有新的认识 |
[03:53] | Delightful! | 多让人高兴呀 |
[03:55] | If you’re delighted, just imagine how it makes me feel. | 如果你高兴 就请想象一下我的感受 |
[03:59] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[04:00] | You didn’t even flinch. | 你并没有丝毫退缩 |
[04:02] | Like the titan, Lee Iacocca. | 就像巨人李·艾柯卡 |
[04:02] | 美国商业偶像第一人 把戴姆勒公司从濒临倒闭的危机中解救出来 | |
[04:05] | That’s important. | 这点很重要 |
[04:08] | To business then. | 至于生意 |
[04:10] | I read your approach in the materials you sent. | 我读了你发来的方案 |
[04:13] | What’s your market outlook? | 你的市场前景怎么样 |
[04:15] | I could tell you that interest rates | 我可以告诉你 |
[04:16] | have topped out for the near term, | 利率已经达到短期的最高值 |
[04:17] | that the tax and regulatory climate are favorable, | 税收和监管环境都很有利 |
[04:20] | that growth is looking somewhat robust… | 增长性很强健 |
[04:22] | I could also read your tea leaves | 我还能看茶叶 |
[04:23] | or the creases in your palm | 看手相 |
[04:24] | or divine the future by cleromancy– | 或者掷骰子预测未来 |
[04:26] | Cleromancy? | 掷骰子 |
[04:27] | Casting bones. | 掷骨头 |
[04:30] | But I’m no gypsy. | 但我不是吉普赛人 |
[04:32] | So instead I’ll tell you that my anticipation and my reaction | 我要告诉你的是 根据市场条件的瞬时变化 |
[04:34] | to moment by moment changes in market conditions | 我的预测和实时的反应 |
[04:36] | are lightning quick. | 都是快如闪电的 |
[04:37] | And cutting edge tech: | 还有尖端前沿的技术 |
[04:39] | a quant piece that wasn’t even in place during the past year | 去年尚未启动的量化模块 |
[04:41] | that reflects my already positive results. | 已经反馈出积极的结果 |
[04:43] | Sure. But it’s all words. | 当然 但这都是动动嘴皮子 |
[04:45] | And words have very little to do with how I decide things. | 动嘴皮子对我的决策影响很小 |
[04:49] | What then? | 什么影响大 |
[04:50] | Internal process. | 内部流程 |
[04:52] | Like your casting bones. But inside. | 比如掷骨头 不过是内部的 |
[04:54] | Last question… | 最后一个问题 |
[04:56] | Why are you leaving Axe? | 你为什么要离开阿克斯 |
[04:58] | After all, he made you. | 毕竟 他成就了你 |
[05:01] | We can debate that statement some other time. | 我们可以另找时间辩论这个说法 |
[05:03] | As for your question: | 至于你的问题 |
[05:04] | the same reason you leave a house | 这跟你离开一个有着 |
[05:05] | that has a furnace leaking carbon monoxide: | 泄露一氧化碳炉子的房子是一个道理 |
[05:07] | It’s the only way to survive. | 这是生存的唯一方式 |
[05:10] | I like this image. | 我喜欢这个比喻 |
[05:12] | They say you can’t taste it or smell it | 他们会告诉你 它是无色无味的 |
[05:15] | or even know that it’s putting you to sleep. | 甚至你都不知道是它让你睡着了 |
[05:17] | But I always think I would: | 但我始终认为我会知道 |
[05:20] | most people are already sleepwalking | 大多数人的一生 |
[05:22] | through their lives. | 都在梦游 |
[05:23] | So they don’t even notice. | 所以他们根本没注意 |
[05:24] | How could they, it’s only a matter of degree. | 他们怎么才能意识到 不过是程度的问题 |
[05:37] | You crushed it. | 你表现得不错 |
[05:39] | I’m glad I brokered this meeting. | 我很高兴作为中间人安排了这次会面 |
[05:40] | I have to talk to him, | 我得跟他再谈谈 |
[05:41] | but I imagine money will be flowing shortly. | 不过我猜测资金很快就会进来 |
[05:53] | So your suite is the largest one. | 你的包间是最大的 |
[05:56] | Because there is more demand for you than we can fit. | 因为你简直就是供不应求 |
[05:59] | – Hey, Sara. – Hey, Axe. | -萨拉 -阿克斯 |
[05:59] | 萨拉·布莱克利 美国身价亿万女富豪 塑身衣Spanx创始人 | |
[06:01] | I didn’t see you down on the list. | 我在名单上没看见你 |
[06:02] | Yeah, I’m not here to invest, so I didn’t want to take a spot. | 我不是来投资的 所以也没想报名 |
[06:05] | I know you’ve said you’ll never take Spanx public– | 我记得你说过永远都不会让自己的斯潘上市 |
[06:07] | And I won’t. | 我确实不会 |
[06:08] | Yeah, but when you do, let me know. | 好 上市的时候告诉我一声 |
[06:10] | See ya, Axe. | 再见 阿克斯 |
[06:11] | Oh, ho, ho, I thought the velociraptor was extinct. | 我还以为迅猛龙灭绝了 |
[06:14] | And yet it walks amongst us. | 但它还走在我们身边呢 |
[06:16] | A velociraptor doesn’t walk. | 迅猛龙不走路 |
[06:18] | It stalks, hunts, kills, with great stealth and speed, | 它只会隐秘而迅捷地潜伏 袭击 杀戮 |
[06:22] | and if you want him to prove that to you, | 你要是想让他向你证明这点 |
[06:23] | – keep fucking talking. – Easy, pal. | -那就他妈的把话说完 -放松 兄弟 |
[06:26] | They’re just jealous ’cause we got a waiting list. | 他们就是嫉妒我们还有候选名单 |
[06:28] | Because you’re the freak show, the ten-in-one. | 因为你就是个怪胎秀集锦 |
[06:29] | Everyone wants to take a look. | 人人都想看一看 |
[06:31] | But after they stare at the bearded lady for five minutes, | 但他们只要盯着那个长胡子的女人五分钟 |
[06:35] | they’ll walk down to my suite, hand me the grisbi. | 他们就会走到我那去 把会计软件给我 |
[06:38] | After today, everyone will know | 今天过后 大家都会知道 |
[06:39] | that Axe Capital is just like Atlantis, | 阿克斯资本就像亚特兰蒂斯一样 |
[06:42] | this once great land, now totally underwater | 一度繁荣昌盛 但已经完全沉入水底 |
[06:45] | and feels like a figment of someone’s imagination. | 并且听起来像是虚无缥缈的幻梦 |
[07:09] | Sorry to interrupt the rebalancing of your lower body meridians. | 抱歉打搅你疏通下半身经络 |
[07:15] | Will you excuse us, please? | 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[07:23] | Target letter | 通告函 |
[07:25] | announcing the investigation into Zeb Jeffcoat. | 宣告对泽博·杰夫科特进行调查 |
[07:29] | Once it’s signed and the hard copy is sent along with the PDF, | 一经签署 并将打印件随电子版一同发出 |
[07:35] | there’s no turning back. | 就无法回头了 |
[07:36] | No. The proverbial Rubicon. | 是没有 箭在弦上 |
[07:40] | We cross it and Jock goes on the offensive. | 我们开弓射箭 然后轮到乔克进攻 |
[07:43] | And even though that’s what we want– | 虽然那正是我们所要的 |
[07:45] | Intimidating nevertheless. | 也一样令人生畏 |
[08:02] | We are in the chute… | 我们已经上了架子了 |
[08:06] | We can expect Zeb to call his big brother immediately… | 泽博大概会立刻给他哥哥打电话 |
[08:11] | And for him to go batshit. | 然后轮到他发疯 |
[08:16] | Or… | 或者 |
[08:17] | Or he’s cool as can be. | 或者他极其冷静 |
[08:19] | But there’s no way he’s cool enough | 但他不可能冷静到 |
[08:21] | to simply let this play out in court. | 让这事上法庭 |
[08:23] | Since it would lead back to him. | 因为那会追查到他身上 |
[08:24] | He’ll confer with his lawyers. | 他会咨询他的律师 |
[08:26] | But not in a way that will leave a trail. | 但会做得毫无痕迹 |
[08:28] | Ultimately he will fall back and make his move | 最终他会坐下来进行应对 |
[08:31] | to derail the case. | 干涉这起案件 |
[08:33] | And that attack will come on one of two fronts. | 他的进攻会是双线或是单线 |
[08:37] | He will either ruin, threaten, pressure | 他要么向你施压 威胁 |
[08:41] | or otherwise discredit and destroy you, | 中伤 摧毁你 |
[08:43] | since you’ll be bringing the case. | 因为是你立的案 |
[08:45] | Or he will try to compromise | 要么他就会试图买通 |
[08:46] | who he surmises to be the star witness. | 他设想中会成为关键人证的人 |
[08:53] | Now, if we can leak to him that Ashley Cutler is the key | 要是我们向他透露阿希礼·卡特勒是关键 |
[08:57] | and is in our neck of the woods, | 并且就在我们的掌控之中 |
[08:59] | Jock will likely head to New York. | 乔克就很可能去纽约 |
[09:00] | But the question is: which move will he make first? | 但问题是 他会先走哪一步棋 |
[09:04] | If he digs on me, he’ll come up with a bouquet of begonias. | 要是他来查我 他只能查出来我是个男的 |
[09:07] | Yes. Yes. I did as hard a vet on you as one could do. | 是的 我尽力查过你的底 |
[09:11] | I knew to get where I needed to get | 我知道去我该去的地方 |
[09:12] | I’d have to be Jackie Robinson clean. | 我得像杰基·罗宾森一样清白 |
[09:14] | Then I want that witness. | 然后我要那证人 |
[09:18] | Which means he can either try his luck | 这样他要么去找 |
[09:20] | with the head of the State Police, over whom he has no sway– | 他没法影响的州警察长碰运气 |
[09:23] | or he can call me, | 要么来找我 |
[09:26] | and implore me to use my particular set of powers | 恳求我行使我的特权 |
[09:28] | to aid in his cause. | 协助他的案件 |
[09:32] | My phone has to be the one that rings. | 他要找的那个人必须是我 |
[09:35] | Yes, we need that to happen. | 对 我们需要他去找你 |
[09:38] | But what if it doesn’t? | 但要是他不找你呢 |
[09:40] | You and I know Cutler is a weak witness. | 你我都知道卡特勒不是个强力证人 |
[09:43] | But Jock might figure that too. | 但乔克也可能猜出这个 |
[09:46] | And if he’s patient enough, he might just wait it out. | 要是他足够耐心 他可能会等一切水落石出 |
[09:48] | Then you do the thing: | 那你就照章办事 |
[09:51] | impanel a Grand Jury, and schedule Cutler. | 组建大陪审团 传唤卡特勒 |
[09:54] | It invariably leaks and Jock knows we’re going forward. | 这肯定会传出风声 乔克就知道我们在行动 |
[09:57] | But if, but when that call does come, | 但要是 他真的打电话找你 |
[10:01] | and we know we’ve got him following along, | 我们知道这正中我们下怀 |
[10:04] | you can’t just offer him help. | 你不能直接同意帮他 |
[10:08] | No, he’ll sniff it out, of course. | 当然不会 他会发现不对劲的 |
[10:10] | Ask for something, big. For yourself. | 给你自己要点好处 大的 |
[10:13] | So he believes you’re in it for your own reasons. | 这样他就相信你是为了自己才做的 |
[10:17] | And then it’s time for The Prestige. | 接着就是《致命魔术》开场的时间了 |
[10:22] | Put your shoes on and get ready. | 穿上你的鞋 准备好 |
[10:44] | Only Ricky Roma gets to show up late. | 只有里基·罗马才能迟到 |
[10:46] | Well, I am at the top of the board. | 我名字一直在最上面 |
[10:48] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[10:49] | Uber… | 优步 |
[10:51] | If you’re gonna go around, go like a rich person. | 你要是想出门就得像个有钱人 |
[10:53] | Take a chopper. | 坐直升机 |
[10:54] | I’m here now. Let’s do this thing. | 我这不来了吗 开始吧 |
[11:02] | Remember: they are not buying your proprietary trading platform, | 记住 他们要买的不是你们的资产交易平台 |
[11:05] | they are not buying your strategies, | 他们要买的不是你们的战术 |
[11:06] | they are buying you. | 他们要买的是你们 |
[11:08] | Remind them that we have the answers. | 提醒他们我们心里有数 |
[11:09] | That they are safe in your loving arms. | 他们在你们慈爱的怀里安全无比 |
[11:12] | Like Barry White. | 就像巴里·怀特 |
[11:13] | Oh, he’d have had them hands in the air, | 他让所有人高举双手 |
[11:14] | weeping and singing along. | 一边哭一边跟着唱 |
[11:15] | So, yes, exactly like Barry White. | 对 就像巴里·怀特 |
[11:22] | There are only two things | 这些投资人真正想知道的 |
[11:23] | these allocators really want to know, | 只有两件事情 |
[11:24] | but they’ll never directly ask: | 但他们永远不会直接问 |
[11:26] | Can we be trusted? And are we special? | 可以相信我们吗 我们很特别吗 |
[11:29] | We nail those. We nail this entire thing. | 我们搞定了这些问题 就搞定了全部 |
[11:33] | Welcome, everybody. Welcome. Thanks for coming. | 欢迎大家 欢迎 谢谢你们的到来 |
[11:35] | Now, you’ve read all our stuff. | 现在 你们都看过我们的材料 |
[11:37] | You know my Sortino ratio proves | 你们知道我的索提诺比率证明了 |
[11:39] | that we get a higher rate of return with less downside vol. | 我们投资下行风险更小 而投资回报率更高 |
[11:42] | How we avoided the XIV liquidation | 知道我们如何抢在所有人开始行动的两周之前 |
[11:44] | by selling our VIX positions | 就抛掉我们的VIX持仓 |
[11:46] | two weeks before everybody else did. | 躲过XIV清算 |
[11:46] | XIV为ETN交易所交易票据 提供每日的反向一倍VIX的收益率 | |
[11:48] | And you know who made sure we did that? | 而你们知道是谁确保我们做到了那一切 |
[11:52] | Taylor Mason! | 泰勒·梅森 |
[11:57] | Over the past year, | 在过去一年里 |
[11:58] | we’ve seen the lowest market correlation | 我们见证了史上最低的市场与 |
[11:59] | of any fund in the business. | 行业中任何基金的关联指数 |
[12:01] | You will, of course, want to know why and how. | 你们当然想知道这一切的原因和实现的方法 |
[12:05] | So come sit in and shadow me for a day, | 所以来我们公司跟我一起工作一天 |
[12:08] | because it’s like asking a magician | 因为这就好比问魔术师 |
[12:10] | how they do their tricks. | 他们是怎么变戏法的 |
[12:11] | We all know it’s not magic. | 我们都清楚那不是魔法 |
[12:13] | It’s the opposite of magic. | 而是跟魔法正相反 |
[12:15] | It’s grinding, focused work, | 这是需要认真磨练 投入大量精力的工作 |
[12:17] | it’s sitting on their bed for weeks, months at a time, | 他们会几周 甚至几个月不下床 |
[12:20] | working slip cuts, perfecting the Elmsley Count– | 只为练习拖切 将艾尔姆支雷数牌法做到完美 |
[12:22] | so that the audience never sees where the cards really are. | 这样观众才永远都看不出那些牌真正藏在哪 |
[12:26] | No. It’s not magic. | 不 这不是魔法 |
[12:28] | But when the effect is presented, | 但最终呈现的效果 |
[12:29] | it sure feels like a miracle. | 确实看起来像奇迹 |
[12:31] | And if you invest with us, | 如果你们投资我们 |
[12:32] | you will be behind the curtain with Axe. And me. | 你们会走到幕后加入阿克斯 还有我 |
[12:35] | All the mysteries revealed. | 所有秘密都会被揭开 |
[12:36] | Nothing kept secret from you. Nothing held back. | 不会有任何事情瞒着你们 没有任何隐瞒 |
[12:39] | Fully transparent work. | 公司的运营一切透明 |
[12:42] | I could go on but– | 我可以说下去 但是… |
[12:43] | But there are bars in New York City | 但是纽约市里的酒吧 |
[12:44] | some of you want to hit before they close tonight. | 你们得在它们关门之前赶过去才行 |
[12:47] | Look, Taylor is the single most effective manager of money | 泰勒是我见过的 最有实效的 |
[12:50] | I have ever come across. | 投资经理 |
[12:52] | They are the future of Axe Capital. | 这位是阿克斯资本的未来 |
[12:55] | And I’m just thrilled | 我真的很激动 |
[12:56] | that you’re all gonna get the opportunity | 你们都将有机会 |
[12:58] | to work with them directly alongside me and the team. | 能跟这家伙 并直接跟我和整个团队合作 |
[13:12] | I’ve got him. | 我抓到他把柄了 |
[13:15] | Dramatic. Who you got? | 别太激动 你查到谁了 |
[13:17] | Beer tonight? No, you need something stronger. | 今晚喝啤酒 不 你需要更猛的酒 |
[13:20] | Chuck. Pulling shit again. | 查克 又在做手脚了 |
[13:23] | What shit? | 什么手脚 |
[13:24] | He’s using FBI to hide a witness | 他在利用联调局隐藏一位 |
[13:26] | who’s bad for Jock Jeffcoat. | 对乔克·杰夫科特不利的证人 |
[13:28] | What do you think you know? | 你认为自己知道多少 |
[13:30] | That Chuck is helping his boss’s legal troubles go away. | 查克在帮他的上司掩盖他犯法的麻烦事 |
[13:33] | And you’re helping him… | 而你在帮助他 |
[13:37] | Me? | 我 |
[13:37] | You’re on the text transcripts, Kate. | 你的名字出现在录音文本里 凯特 |
[13:40] | Getting favors from the FBI. | 找联调局帮忙 |
[13:44] | 赛克: 我需要你帮忙 丹沙泽: 什么忙 赛克: 很机密 | |
[13:47] | How did you, uh– | 你是怎么 |
[13:48] | Administrative subpoenas. Blessed from on high. | 行政传票 多亏了高层的关照 |
[13:50] | So either you can help me. Or go down with Chuck. | 所以你要么帮我 要么跟查克一起完蛋 |
[13:53] | Well, you’re right about me needing that stronger drink… | 你说对了 我确实需要更猛的酒 |
[13:57] | Can we…? | 可不可以给我们 |
[13:58] | Boilermakers? | 锅炉厂鸡尾酒吗 |
[13:59] | Two coming up. | 两杯很快就好 |
[14:00] | You got the rest of it backwards, though. | 不过你完全理解反了 |
[14:01] | – Do I? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[14:03] | You can’t mix in here and try to take Chuck down. | 你不能参和这件事 只为抓住查克 |
[14:05] | Not on this one. | 不能通过这案子 |
[14:06] | He’s finally doing it, Bryan. The right thing. | 他终于出手了 布莱恩 做他该做的事 |
[14:09] | He is not helping Jock by hiding the witness… | 他藏证人不是为了帮助乔克 |
[14:13] | Jock has been telling us which cases to pursue | 乔克一直指挥我们哪些案子可以继续追查 |
[14:15] | and which ones to drop. | 哪些案子置之不理 |
[14:16] | Like the Lugo nightmare. | 就像卢戈案的噩梦 |
[14:18] | So us having to look the other way, | 所以我们不得不对某些事置之不理 |
[14:19] | stuffing all the bullshit down. | 忍气吞声 |
[14:21] | It finally got to be too much for Chuck. | 所以终于有一天到了查克忍耐的极限 |
[14:22] | He is going after him. | 查克在追查他 |
[14:24] | He’s doing that Chuck thing– | 他在搞查克那一套 |
[14:25] | but for the right fucking reasons this time, all the way. | 但这次绝对是他妈为了正义 |
[14:32] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[14:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:34] | So let us drink our boilermakers and let him finish… | 所以让我们干了锅炉厂鸡尾酒 让他把这事解决 |
[14:38] | You can take him down over something else | 如果你仍然觉得必须把他搞下去 |
[14:39] | if you still feel that you have to. | 你可以用其他事来搞 |
[14:41] | And if you do, I promise I’ll stay out of it | 而且如果你出手 我保证我不会插手 |
[14:44] | and leave it between the two of you. | 让你们两个人对决 |
[14:49] | We. Fucking. Did it! | 我们 他妈的 做到了 |
[14:54] | Six billion dollars committed. | 募集到六十亿投资 |
[14:58] | In one morning. | 就一个早上 |
[15:00] | We are back! | 我们复活了 |
[15:01] | All the fucking way back! | 浴火重生 |
[15:06] | Wendy, Wags | 温蒂 瓦格斯 |
[15:08] | and Taylor. | 还有泰勒 |
[15:12] | They all came through for us huge. | 多亏了他们我们才有今天 |
[15:14] | Let’s have a big shout out for all three of them! | 让我们为了他们三个欢呼吧 |
[15:17] | The Hold Steady! | 坚持乐队 |
[15:34] | *Tequila take off, Tecate landing* | *喝下龙舌兰 来到特卡特* |
[15:37] | *Sorry about the centerpiece, thanks for understanding* | *为这摆饰道歉 谢谢你的理解* |
[15:40] | *Hard branding, soft salesmen, Campari commissions* | *过硬品牌 温柔销售 金巴利酒任务* |
[15:44] | *I was sitting in the kitchen* | *我就坐在厨房里* |
[15:45] | *Trying to guess where she was living now* | *想猜出她现在生活的地方* |
[16:06] | It’s not exactly like we thought. | 事情并不是我们想的那样 |
[16:11] | Then what is it? | 那是怎么回事 |
[16:13] | We have it flipped. | 我们弄反了 |
[16:15] | Chuck’s going after Jock, not covering for him? | 查克在追踪乔克 而不是在掩护他 |
[16:19] | Sorry to drag you up here… | 很抱歉把你硬拉来 |
[16:22] | There’s an Acela back to Washington tomorrow at 8:00. | 有一趟明早八点回华盛顿的列车 |
[16:34] | This is new. | 还真新鲜呢 |
[16:36] | What? I come over all the time. | 什么 我总过来拜访啊 |
[16:38] | Not without an agenda. | 这次没预约 |
[16:41] | A man can’t want to see his own father? | 成年人就不能想见自己的父亲吗 |
[16:43] | A man can. | 当然能 |
[16:45] | Not this man. | 但你是无事不登三宝殿 |
[16:52] | …This is big game, you’re after. | 你调查的这个可是个大游戏 |
[16:54] | Big fucking game. | 超他妈大的游戏 |
[16:56] | The only problem is: no call yet. | 唯一的问题是 还没接到电话 |
[16:58] | Make your man do what you want him to do, | 让你的人去做你吩咐的事 |
[17:00] | not what’s good for him– | 而不是做对他有利的事 |
[17:01] | the object of any worthwhile contest. | 这是任何值得争夺的目标 |
[17:04] | Well, there is one move we’ve been holding in abeyance, | 有一步我们一直搁置了 |
[17:06] | because it might bring him along too quickly– | 因为这可能会过快地 |
[17:09] | to a fatal mistake or walking away free. | 给他带来致命错误或者让他毫发无伤地离开 |
[17:13] | Better to play fast and aggressive | 在资源较差的情况下 |
[17:15] | with inferior matériel, | 用迅速而有攻击性的招数比较好 |
[17:17] | than let them be exposed later. | 而不是等着别人发现你的弱点 |
[17:20] | Rommel? | 隆美尔说的 |
[17:21] | Me. | 我说的 |
[17:24] | If the end game is coming sooner or later– | 如果最终战役迟早到来 |
[17:28] | even if it might crush you, | 也许会彻底摧毁你 |
[17:31] | I said, bring it on. | 我还是会说 放马过来 |
[17:34] | Shift the pressure of the decision from you, to him. | 把你做决定的压力转给他 |
[17:37] | Let him have to avoid the mistake. | 倒逼他来避免错误 |
[17:40] | Or see the one move that might get him through. | 或者看看有没有哪一步会让他逃脱 |
[17:55] | Epstein. | 艾普斯坦 |
[17:57] | Do it. Pull the trigger on the grand jury. | 就这么做 让大陪审团来做裁决吧 |
[18:01] | Let’s see how patient Jock is. | 让我们来看看乔克有多少耐心 |
[18:16] | -Hair of the dog? -No. | -你在以酒解酒吗 -不是 |
[18:19] | It was, indeed, some party last night. | 确实是昨晚参加派对的影响 |
[18:21] | But I fear it might be over. | 但我觉得快结束了 |
[18:23] | Meaning? | 意思是 |
[18:24] | I’ve been making follow up calls | 我在打回访电话 |
[18:25] | to book the money that was pledged at the race. | 敲定活动上募集到的那些资金 |
[18:28] | I’m having problems locking it in. | 签合同遇到了问题 |
[18:31] | What fucking problems? | 出了什么问题 |
[18:32] | Problems reaching people. They’re dodging. | 很难跟人们沟通 他们在回避 |
[18:34] | I’m feeling like somebody slipped us a Cosby. | 我感觉有人阴了我们 |
[18:38] | Where the fuck is Taylor? | 该死的泰勒在哪 |
[18:40] | They’re here before me most of the time. | 这家伙一般都比我来得早 |
[18:42] | Not sure. | 不知道 |
[18:43] | Sent a text this morning, didn’t hear back. | 我今早发了个短信 到现在也没回 |
[19:06] | And no Mafee today. | 玛菲今天没来 |
[19:08] | I figured it was the whiskey flu. | 我猜可能是宿醉未醒 |
[19:10] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[19:24] | …A new kind of organization. | 一种新的组织 |
[19:25] | Top down but not imperious or impetuous. Integrated. | 自上而下却不专横轻率 而是和谐一体的 |
[19:30] | And you can make more than you do now. | 你可以比现在赚得更多 |
[19:31] | With a partnership stake. | 还能有合伙人股票 |
[19:34] | Goddamnit…When? | 天啊 什么时候开始 |
[19:37] | Now. | 现在 |
[19:39] | Taylor’s making a move. | 泰勒行动了 |
[19:41] | They’ve played the Elmsley Count on us. | 他们在对我们耍花招 |
[19:43] | So we wouldn’t see their real cards. | 所以我们看不出他们的真正意图 |
[19:45] | Fuck. | 操 |
[19:47] | Pretended to be one of us– | 假装是我们的人 |
[19:48] | For just long enough to take our personnel and our capital. | 只为了有足够时间带走我们的人和钱 |
[19:52] | All of it. | 我们的全部 |
[19:55] | Wendy. Now. | 温蒂 现在回答我 |
[19:57] | Tell me she’s fucking here. | 告诉我她在这儿 |
[19:59] | She is. I saw her. | 她在 我看到过她 |
[20:02] | Is there anything I can do | 我能做什么 |
[20:04] | to stop Taylor from officially opening? | 可以阻止泰勒正式开业 |
[20:06] | You could file, and we will, for intellectual property theft, | 你可以起诉 我们会起诉剽窃知识产权 |
[20:10] | for tortious interference for both the investor piece | 还有对他们挖走的投资人和雇员的 |
[20:13] | and any employees they enticed away, | 恶意侵权干涉 |
[20:17] | and these suits will have to be defended, but– | 这些案件必须作出辩护 |
[20:19] | But we won’t win. | 但我们不会胜诉 |
[20:20] | We won’t win fast enough to injunct them from opening. | 我们胜诉的时间来不及禁止他们开业 |
[20:25] | File anyway. | 那也要起诉 |
[20:27] | Let’s get Taylor distracted from the bottom line. | 我们要用最终盈利扰乱泰勒 |
[20:29] | Let’s see how they do with split focus. | 看看他们分散精力会怎样 |
[20:32] | Now, who’s actually gone? And who’s on the fence? | 现在到底谁真的走了 谁还在保持中立 |
[20:36] | So far, it appears that other than Mafee, | 至今 似乎除了玛菲以外 |
[20:38] | only Ben Kim sleeps with the fishes. | 就只有本·金有异心 |
[20:41] | As for the cash: 500 million came onboard, | 至于钱 有五亿进账 |
[20:43] | three and a half billion went with Taylor, | 35亿跟着泰勒走了 |
[20:45] | the other two billion pulled back, went elsewhere– | 另外20亿被收回 去了其他地方 |
[20:47] | didn’t want to be involved in a family fight. | 不想参与内斗 |
[20:49] | I’m gonna quarantine a few traders I have my doubts about | 在这事像黑死病一样传染之前 |
[20:53] | before this thing spreads like black death. | 我要隔离几个我怀疑的交易员 |
[20:55] | Ben Kim is here. | 本·金来了 |
[20:56] | He just got off the elevator and went to his station. | 他刚刚下电梯然后去了他的工位 |
[21:01] | The important thing is: I said no. | 重要的事是 我已经拒绝了 |
[21:04] | So you’re not a spy? | 所以你不是间谍 |
[21:05] | ‘Cause you showed up late on this particular day. | 你在这么特殊的一天迟到了 |
[21:08] | So you can see how I’d wonder. | 所以你能理解我的疑惑 |
[21:10] | I can. But I’m not. | 我能理解 但是我没有叛变 |
[21:12] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[21:16] | Walk us through how Taylor approached you. | 告诉我们泰勒是怎么劝说你的 |
[21:27] | Where did you come from? | 你是从哪儿冒出来的 |
[21:29] | Wrong question. | 问题不对 |
[21:30] | Where are we going is the right one. | 正确的问题是 我们去哪儿 |
[21:33] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[21:34] | Come work for me. | 来为我工作吧 |
[21:36] | I already do. | 我已经在为你工作了 |
[21:38] | At Mase Cap. | 来梅斯资本 |
[21:42] | You’re leaving. | 你要走了 |
[21:43] | Left. | 已经走了 |
[21:45] | But Axe has been loyal– he promoted me. | 但是阿克斯很专一 他给我升职了 |
[21:47] | In title, yes, after I told him to. | 职务上的升职 没错 还是我让的 |
[21:50] | But what kind of money bump did he give you? | 但他给你加薪了吗 |
[21:54] | He gave you a paper title | 他就只给你纸面上的升职 |
[21:55] | as a way to keep you running in place. | 好让你留下继续卖命 |
[21:57] | But I will give you an entire field to sprint down. | 但我会给你大把的空间自由发展 |
[22:02] | Ben. | 本 |
[22:04] | Ben, I’m sorry to have to tell you, but… | 本 我很抱歉地告诉你 |
[22:06] | Oh, no…Taylor told you not to give me the raise. | 不 是泰勒让你不要给我加薪的 |
[22:11] | So that I would be dissatisfied and go with them. | 这样我会心怀不满 去投靠他们 |
[22:13] | That’s pretty sound from a game theory perspective. | 博弈论上讲这真是一招妙计 |
[22:17] | Yeah. Well. This ain’t no game. | 对 但这可不是赌博 |
[22:21] | But Taylor treated it like it was, and you fell for it– | 但泰勒把这当成是一场赌博 你还信了 |
[22:24] | I don’t mean that. | 我不是有意的 |
[22:25] | No. I was suckered. | 对 我被人摆了一道 |
[22:27] | And now I will have my turn. | 现在轮到我了出手了 |
[22:29] | So now that we know why you didn’t | 所以现在我们都知道你为什么没有 |
[22:30] | give me more money, do I get the– | 给我加薪 那可以给我 |
[22:31] | Finish that sentence at your own peril, Ben Kim. | 你要是把这句话说完你就死定了 本·金 |
[22:36] | Though you do have a future here. | 你在这儿是有前途的 |
[22:38] | And one that’ll have you getting as rich as a feudal lord | 能让你像封建贵族一般富有的前途 |
[22:41] | if you keep performing. | 只要你能保持绩效 |
[22:45] | Are you in? | 你同意吗 |
[22:48] | I am. | 同意 |
[22:54] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[23:09] | At a time like this, I suggest looking within. | 这种时候 我建议自省 |
[23:12] | To see what you–what we– may have done to cause this. | 思考你或者我们做了什么 导致这种情况 |
[23:15] | We rebuild our business | 我们重建公司 |
[23:18] | as we rebuild our selves. | 同时重建我们自身 |
[23:20] | Or, don’t look inside. Do what I do instead. | 或者不要自省 按照我的做法 |
[23:23] | Go drinks, dinners, parties, funny massage joints | 去和华尔街上的每一个大腕 |
[23:26] | with every fucking whale in the Street | 吃喝玩乐 夜夜笙歌 |
[23:27] | and poison that bitch’s name to them. | 跟他们说那个贱人的坏话 |
[23:29] | For starters. | 这才是第一步 |
[23:48] | General! | 检察长 |
[23:49] | I’d like to see you. | 我想见你 |
[23:51] | Something I can help with now, here? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[23:53] | Come on over to the hotel. Better to talk there. | 来酒店 在那里谈比较好 |
[23:57] | And I’m on my way, sir. | 我这就来 领导 |
[24:02] | Here we go. | 好戏开始了 |
[24:12] | Grigor. | 格里戈尔 |
[24:14] | We must meet. Now. | 我们得见个面 就现在 |
[24:25] | Nice place. | 地方不错 |
[24:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:28] | Once I own every townhouse on the block, | 等我买下这个街区所有的房子 |
[24:30] | I’ll put them all together. | 把它们都连在一起 |
[24:32] | Make a real home, you know? | 装修成一个真正的家 |
[24:34] | Quilts on the beds, needlepoints on the walls, | 床上有锦被 墙上有刺绣 |
[24:37] | healing crystals in every window. | 每扇窗子都镶嵌着治愈水晶 |
[24:39] | Until then, this one is a place | 在那之前 这里不过是个 |
[24:43] | for special conversations. | 进行特殊对话的场所 |
[24:47] | They can hear it? | 他们能旁听吗 |
[24:49] | They hear everything, | 他们什么都听 |
[24:50] | but they know exactly what happens | 但他们非常清楚如果有人 |
[24:53] | when someone speaks out of turn. | 说话没规矩 会有什么样的后果 |
[24:55] | As, I imagine, your man does. | 我想你的人也一样 |
[24:59] | I do. | 确实如此 |
[25:02] | So, you know you have a problem, yes? | 你知道你有个麻烦 对吧 |
[25:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:10] | Because you don’t have pest control. | 因为你不做害虫防治 |
[25:14] | So the pests are running all around the place | 所以害虫们到处乱跑 |
[25:16] | with no consequences. | 不受任何控制 |
[25:19] | But I’m very good at dealing with pests, with vermin. | 但是我很擅长处理害虫 |
[25:23] | I have a perfect score with Consumer Reports. | 我的客户评价都是满分 |
[25:28] | So if I promise you | 如果我向你保证 |
[25:32] | that I will make your problem disappear, | 能帮你解决你的问题 |
[25:35] | your problem will never, ever return. | 那它一定不会再回来烦你 |
[25:38] | – I can’t allow Mr. Axelrod– – Shut the fuck up! | -我不能允许阿克斯罗德先生 -闭嘴 |
[25:50] | I understand what you’re offering. | 我明白你的意思 |
[25:53] | But I cannot ask you to do it, at this time. | 但这次我不能让你这么做 |
[26:01] | If it were me and I were standing | 如果换做是我受到这种 |
[26:04] | as naked as Paris Hilton and twice as fucked, | 帕丽斯·希尔顿级别的羞辱 |
[26:04] | 美国模特 演员 歌手 希尔顿集团继承人 2003年其与男朋友的性爱录像被曝光 | |
[26:08] | I would not hesitate. | 我才不会犹豫 |
[26:10] | I know you wouldn’t. | 我知道你不会 |
[26:13] | And that perhaps it’s what’s called for. | 如果真是那样 那也是应该的 |
[26:15] | So, then, you want me to do it? | 所以 你要是想让我帮你 |
[26:18] | You have to say it. I have to hear you. | 你得说出来 必须让我听见 |
[26:24] | Why are you willing to do this for me? | 你为什么愿意帮我 |
[26:26] | Look at this from my particular set of binoculars. | 从我这个特殊的角度出发想想 |
[26:30] | I gave you my assets. | 我把资产交给你 |
[26:32] | At least in part | 至少给你一部分 |
[26:33] | because Taylor was going to help manage them. | 因为泰勒要帮我管理 |
[26:37] | So when they fucked you over. They fucked me over, too. | 他们害惨了你 他们也就害惨了我 |
[26:41] | But I ask your permission because, really, | 但我向你征得许可 因为 |
[26:44] | she is your property. | 她是你的财产 |
[26:46] | Not mine. | 不是我的 |
[26:48] | Well, I’m grateful for your loyalty. | 我很感激你的忠诚 |
[26:51] | My loyalties are clear. | 我忠于谁已经很清楚了 |
[26:53] | Can I respond by tomorrow? | 我可以明天给你答复吗 |
[26:55] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[26:57] | Shame about Taylor. So smart. | 可惜泰勒了 那么聪明 |
[27:00] | Loss for everyone. | 那会是所有人的损失 |
[27:03] | You seemed to take that seriously. | 你好像在认真考虑他的建议 |
[27:04] | Damn right. | 那当然了 |
[27:05] | When I’ve suggested such actions in the past, | 我以前向你提出类似建议的时候 |
[27:08] | you never even considered it. | 你根本就没有考虑 |
[27:10] | Well, once a guy like that puts it on the table, | 他那样的人一旦提出了这种的建议 |
[27:12] | you have to think about what happens if you say no | 你就要全面地衡量同意以及拒绝 |
[27:15] | as much as if you say yes. | 会产生的后果 |
[27:18] | If you decide on something this final, | 如果你决定要下狠手 |
[27:21] | it shouldn’t be farmed out, it should be done in-house. | 不能让外人来办 要内部解决 |
[27:24] | Yeah. Maybe. I don’t know. | 没错 也许吧 我也不知道 |
[27:27] | Look, I need to think about what other options I have. | 我要想想我还有什么其他的选择 |
[27:29] | And how to protect myself no matter which choice I make. | 以及做了选择以后我要怎样保全自己 |
[27:33] | And I need to look Taylor in the eye. | 我还要见泰勒一面 |
[28:00] | Shit, Axe, | 糟了 阿克斯 |
[28:03] | look, it was time for a change. | 也到了做出改变的时候了 |
[28:06] | I’m sure you thought so too. | 我相信你也是这么想的 |
[28:08] | I want to thank you, of course. | 当然了 我要谢谢你 |
[28:11] | Figured I would when the dust settled– | 等到尘埃落定之后我就会 |
[28:12] | Shut the fuck up, Mafee. | 你赶紧闭嘴吧 玛菲 |
[28:15] | You did what you did, you got your money, | 你做了该做的事 拿了该拿的钱 |
[28:18] | but no amount I give to charity | 但是无论我给慈善机构捐多少钱 |
[28:20] | will help me atone for the ass fucking | 都救赎不了我要对你们下的手 |
[28:21] | I will give you in this business. | 我要在生意场上整死你 |
[28:24] | You hearing me? | 你听到我说的话了吗 |
[28:28] | Now go get your new fucking master. | 现在去叫你的新主子过来 |
[28:47] | The palace coup is complete. | 宫廷政变已经完成 |
[28:50] | Today you settled all family business. | 今天你把家务事都理清了 |
[28:54] | I get that you’re angry. | 我理解你很愤怒 |
[28:55] | But I think it’s because | 但我认为这是因为 |
[28:56] | I left before you could finish me off. | 我在你能毁了我之前就离开了 |
[28:59] | You think I was acting against you? | 你觉得我是在跟你对着干 |
[29:01] | The undercutting, the manipulation, | 你剥削我 操纵我 |
[29:04] | and public, and private, humiliation. | 在公开和私下场合羞辱我 |
[29:05] | The lies and broken promises. | 那些谎言和未曾兑现的承诺 |
[29:07] | All while I good soldiered it and made you money. | 我却对你忠心耿耿 帮你赚钱 |
[29:10] | But how long, really, was it going to be | 真的用不了多久 |
[29:11] | before you sent me off to slaughter? | 你就要把我送到屠宰场了吧 |
[29:13] | Wrong. | 你错了 |
[29:15] | I wasn’t getting rid of you or working against you. | 我没想把你除掉 也没有跟你对着干 |
[29:18] | You were on the inside. | 你本来就是团队内部的成员 |
[29:20] | We were succeeding together. | 我们合作得很成功 |
[29:23] | I trusted you in a way that I almost never trust anyone. | 我几乎从来没有像信任你一样信任过其他人 |
[29:26] | It may have seemed unorthodox, but that’s the truth of it. | 这话可能听起来有点奇怪 但我说的是真的 |
[29:29] | And now you’ve taken from me. | 可是现在你却从我手底下拿钱 |
[29:31] | You’ve stolen from me, under false pretenses. | 用虚假的伪装 偷走了我的资本 |
[29:34] | And you’ve betrayed me. | 你背叛了我 |
[29:36] | I did what I had to do to survive. And to win. | 我这么做 只是为了生存 为了赢 |
[29:39] | You’ve got to understand that. | 你要弄清楚 |
[29:41] | I did it for me, not against you. | 我是为了我自己 不是为了反对你 |
[29:44] | Sure. Right. | 没错 肯定的 |
[29:47] | Congratulations, now you have your own shop, | 恭喜你 现在你有自己的公司 |
[29:49] | billions under management. | 也管理着几十亿的资产 |
[29:50] | You’re moving even quicker than I did. | 你发展的速度甚至比我都快 |
[29:52] | Yes. I’ll surpass your assets under management, | 没错 按我计算的速度 最快三年 |
[29:55] | at the rate I calculate, in three years at the earliest, | 最慢八年 我管理的资产规模 |
[29:57] | eight at the latest. | 就会超越你 |
[29:58] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[30:00] | You’re ready for the summit. | 你已经准备好登顶了 |
[30:02] | But you know what they call that spot up on Everest? | 你知道珠穆朗玛峰的顶点叫什么吗 |
[30:06] | The Death Zone. | 死亡区 |
[30:08] | Some people that make it up, and then they make it back home. | 有些人能成功登顶 平安回家 |
[30:11] | But there are countless more, fucking dead, | 但是更多人 不计其数的人 都死了 |
[30:15] | encased in ice for all time. | 永远深埋在冰雪之下 |
[30:18] | That’s where you are now. | 这就是你现在的处境 |
[30:20] | And very few people can even survive | 很少有人能适应 |
[30:23] | on the available oxygen up here. | 山上稀薄的氧气 |
[30:25] | Even fewer can perform. | 行动自如的人则更少 |
[30:27] | So we’ll see. | 我们走着瞧吧 |
[30:29] | Young lungs. So yeah, we will. | 我们年轻气盛 那就走着瞧吧 |
[30:39] | You know your history, | 你了解你们国家的历史 |
[30:42] | so you know what happens to usurpers. | 知道篡位者的下场 |
[30:45] | Charles Edward Stuart, for example. | 比如查尔斯·爱德华·斯图亚特 |
[30:45] | 不列颠王位觊觎者 因起事失败而知名 | |
[30:47] | Bonnie Prince Charlie. Yes. | 英俊王子查理 我知道 |
[30:49] | His troops slaughtered. Him exiled from the kingdom– | 他的军队被屠杀 他被王国驱逐出境 |
[30:52] | More like on the run for the rest of his life. | 说他余生都在逃亡更贴切 |
[30:54] | And that was one of the more civilized responses. | 这算是比较文明的处理方式了 |
[30:59] | You have to know | 你要知道 |
[31:01] | that anything I do to stop you is warranted. | 为了阻止你 我什么都做得出来 |
[31:07] | I anticipated that being your reaction. | 我想到了你会有这样的反应 |
[31:11] | So do what you must. | 你尽管出手吧 |
[31:12] | And I’ll defend as I have to. | 我会见招拆招的 |
[31:30] | General, I didn’t expect to see you back in town so soon. | 检察长 没想到你这么快就回来了 |
[31:34] | Makes two of us. | 我也没想到 |
[31:35] | Listen, the reason I called you over | 我把你叫过来 |
[31:37] | is there’s a legal matter of some subtlety | 是因为我需要你帮忙处理 |
[31:39] | that I may need your help on. | 一个棘手的法律问题 |
[31:41] | I’ll be as delicate as a scrimshander then. | 我会像雕刻贝壳一样谨慎 |
[31:43] | There’s a prosecution in the works. | 检方在准备起诉 |
[31:45] | If you can call it that. | 姑且称之为起诉吧 |
[31:46] | More like a political hatchet job. | 其实就是官场上的恶意诽谤 |
[31:49] | Against you? | 针对你的吗 |
[31:49] | Nah, against my brother. | 不是 我弟弟 |
[31:51] | Designed to splatter on me. | 他们算计好了 我会受到牵连 |
[31:53] | Down in Texas? Well, who’s prosecuting? | 得克萨斯的吗 起诉人是谁 |
[31:55] | Perhaps I know him and could give a nudge, | 如果我认识 说不定能帮上忙 |
[31:57] | help steer him away. | 劝劝他罢手 |
[31:59] | New York. State of. | 纽约州检察长 |
[32:02] | Alvin Epstein. | 阿尔文·艾普斯坦 |
[32:06] | Rep on him is he is a straight fucking shooter. | 资料说他这个人正派耿直 |
[32:09] | Epstein presents a real problem. | 艾普斯坦的确很难搞定 |
[32:11] | I know him enough to nod at him, | 我和他是点头之交 |
[32:13] | but I’m afraid I’ve heard the same thing as you about him. | 但据我所知恐怕和你刚才说的一样 |
[32:15] | He’s a crusader type. | 他是改革者类型的 |
[32:17] | Probably not enough dirt to dig on him either. | 从他身上可能也挖不出什么黑料 |
[32:20] | Forget about him. | 别管他了 |
[32:21] | I know who this whole thing hinges on. | 我知道这件事的关键是谁 |
[32:25] | Seedy financier type I knew in the old days, | 一个我以前认识的不入流金融家 |
[32:27] | Ashley Cutler. | 阿希里·卡特勒 |
[32:29] | He’s had his nose bent about me and my brother for years. | 他对我和我弟弟不满好几年了 |
[32:35] | I bedded his sister back in the day, truth be told. | 说实话 我以前和他姐妹睡过 |
[32:39] | So did my brother. | 我弟弟也睡过 |
[32:40] | She was something of the town scooter. | 她是镇上的交际花 |
[32:42] | But that aside, | 把这事放一边 |
[32:43] | if I could somehow get ten minutes with him, | 如果我能和他谈谈 |
[32:46] | I’m sure I could remind him what really matters | 我确信我能提醒他 对他和他家庭来说 |
[32:49] | to him and his family. | 什么才是最重要的 |
[32:52] | General, I think you should fall back | 检察长 我觉得你应该收手 |
[32:54] | and just let this play out in court. | 让这件事上庭解决 |
[32:58] | Let justice take its course. Safer that way. | 让正义来判决 那样更保险 |
[33:01] | Yeah, I could. | 我可以那么做 |
[33:02] | But no, I’m gonna give justice | 但我不想 我要给正义 |
[33:06] | just a little bit of fucking help. | 帮他妈的一点小忙 |
[33:13] | Well, a course of action comes to mind | 好吧 我想到一些办法 |
[33:15] | that could get you what you want, | 能让你得偿所愿 |
[33:17] | but it’s a dangerous one for me. | 但对我来说是险招 |
[33:18] | So if I were to engage on your behalf, | 所以如果我要替你参与进去 |
[33:22] | I’d expect something in return. | 我希望能得到一些回报 |
[33:26] | Would you now? | 现在就要 |
[33:30] | Well, I can’t say I’m a hundred percent surprised. | 我并不是很惊讶 |
[33:34] | A man looking out for his own interest | 一个为自己谋求利益的人 |
[33:36] | is a man who can be counted on. | 反而比较可靠 |
[33:39] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[33:41] | To be guaranteed my post | 在任期之内 |
[33:42] | until the end of the administration. | 保障我的职位 |
[33:45] | Chuck, you pull this off, how could I live without you? | 查克 你把这事办成 我怎么能让你走 |
[33:49] | Granted. | 我同意 |
[33:50] | And Southern becomes the sovereign district | 还要南区重新成为 |
[33:53] | once again. | 主权地区 |
[33:55] | I call my own plays from now on. | 从此以后我自己做主 |
[34:01] | Well, I didn’t realize my input was so rankling to you… | 我都没意识到我的介入让你这么痛苦 |
[34:09] | Fine, I give you your latitude. | 好 我给你自主权 |
[34:12] | Then I will do all I can. | 我会竭尽所能 |
[34:16] | You’ll hear from me soon. | 很快你就能得到好消息了 |
[34:27] | There are men, with the kinds of resources I have, | 有些人 有我这种资源的人 |
[34:32] | who would deal with this betrayal swiftly | 他们对待这样的背叛 手起刀落 |
[34:35] | and without mercy. | 毫不留情 |
[34:37] | And are you one of them? | 你也是吗 |
[34:38] | Am I? | 我是什么 |
[34:40] | Without mercy? | 毫不留情吗 |
[34:43] | Without regard for Taylor the person? | 不考虑泰勒个人吗 |
[34:46] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[34:49] | I’m that angry. That I’m sure of. | 但我确定我非常生气 |
[34:53] | What if you didn’t go anywhere? | 那不如你就哪里也别去 |
[34:57] | Did nothing. | 什么也别做 |
[34:59] | Most people in the business will think you sent Taylor off, | 行业里大部分人都认为是你解雇了泰勒 |
[35:02] | invested with them. | 给泰勒投资 |
[35:05] | Maybe you still can? | 也许你仍然可以 |
[35:07] | He who makes the money wins. | 赚到钱的人才是王者 |
[35:12] | Or take comfort in the knowledge | 或者安慰自己 |
[35:14] | that the betrayer will suffer for their actions. | 背叛者总会付出代价的 |
[35:16] | Suffer how? Internally? | 怎么付出代价 从内部吗 |
[35:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:20] | And when the reversals show up, which they will, | 他们退步的时候 这是肯定的 |
[35:24] | and Taylor has to go it alone, with no one to turn to– | 泰勒只能独自面对 没人能帮忙 |
[35:26] | They will have down years. And they will spiral. | 他们会走下坡路 然后螺旋下降 |
[35:29] | It’s unavoidable. | 这是无法避免的 |
[35:30] | All you have to do is wait for it. | 你只需要等着看就行了 |
[35:33] | I don’t know that I can. | 我不知道我能不能做到 |
[35:45] | Well, General, it is indeed Cutler at the heart of this. | 检察长 卡特勒的确是关键人物 |
[35:50] | I’ve subpoenaed him on a federal matter. | 我就一项联邦事件的由头给他发了传票 |
[35:53] | New York State is gonna scream, but I’ll deal with that. | 纽约州会有意见 但我会处理好 |
[35:57] | I have him installed in a hotel under guard. | 我把他安排在一家宾馆里 有人看着 |
[36:00] | I know that an assuredly private conversation | 我知道你肯定需要和他私下谈谈 |
[36:03] | is of the essence for you. | 这对你很重要 |
[36:05] | So I’ve landed on the spa… | 所以我安排了一次水疗 |
[36:09] | He’ll be in a room | 他会待在一间 |
[36:10] | that’s safe for that conversation. | 可以安全谈话的房间里 |
[36:11] | You’ll be able to know– to see–that he’s not wired. | 你就能知道 能看到 他没带窃听器 |
[36:16] | I have trusted FBI watching him. | 我让信得过的联调局探员看着他 |
[36:24] | And at the appropriate time, | 在恰当的时机 |
[36:25] | I’ll have them pulled off the detail… | 我会让他们去做一些具体工作 |
[36:31] | We’re out. | 我们出去 |
[36:41] | You will then have your time with him. | 然后你就有时间和他好好谈了 |
[36:50] | I am moved by your loyalty, grace, | 你的忠诚 善意 以及战术成功率 |
[36:53] | and tactical efficiency. | 让我为之动容 |
[36:56] | Gracias, amigo. | 谢谢你 我的朋友 |
[37:13] | Alvin? | 阿尔文 |
[37:14] | We got him. It worked. I can play you the tape. | 我们抓到他了 成功了 我可以给你听录音 |
[37:17] | Oh, yes! | 太好了 |
[37:20] | I-I’ll come right over to your office. | 我马上去你办公室 |
[37:22] | I can’t be sure my office isn’t bugged. | 我不确定我的办公室有没有被监听 |
[37:24] | Meet me at yours. | 去你办公室见吧 |
[37:25] | Very good. | 很好 |
[37:51] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[37:52] | No. Just me. | 上帝不在 只有我 |
[37:57] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[37:59] | You. | 你 |
[38:02] | You think I’ll actually come with you? | 你真以为我会跟你去吗 |
[38:08] | Haven’t you done enough damage? | 你破坏的力度还不够大吗 |
[38:10] | I’m building, not destroying. | 我是在创造 不是毁灭 |
[38:12] | That’s where you come in. | 这时候我就需要你了 |
[38:14] | I’m assembling a place that’s tech-centric, | 我正在建立一个以技术为主的公司 |
[38:16] | but I want my people as frequently tuned | 但是我希望我的员工可以 |
[38:18] | and upgraded as the software. | 像软件一样 经常调整升级 |
[38:19] | And I don’t want them merely calibrated to make money. | 我不想让他们只知道赚钱 |
[38:22] | I want you to make sure their whole selves | 我还需要你 让他们全心全意 |
[38:24] | are being attended to. | 心甘情愿地赚钱 |
[38:26] | It’s a place free of any arrests, | 那里没有逮捕 |
[38:27] | or indictments, or insinuations. | 没有控告 没有含沙射影 |
[38:30] | It’s a place where we can be our best. | 我们可以尽情在那里发挥才能 |
[38:33] | Nice ideas. | 主意不错 |
[38:35] | But you are no moral fucking compass. | 但是你可不是什么道德罗盘 |
[38:39] | For a moment, I thought you might be. | 有一瞬间 我还真以为你是 |
[38:41] | Because you needed me to think that. | 因为你需要我那么想 |
[38:42] | But you used me. | 但是你利用了我 |
[38:46] | If anyone has been using people for their own ends– | 如果有人一直利用别人来达到自己的目的 |
[38:48] | Oh, don’t even try that shit. | 少来这套 |
[38:52] | You preyed on me and my empathy for you. | 你利用我 利用我对你的共鸣 |
[38:56] | Programmed me to get you what you wanted from Axe– | 设法让我帮你从阿克斯资本拿到你想要的 |
[38:58] | being part of the raise. | 帮助你升职 |
[38:59] | So…fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[39:01] | You don’t seem to understand– | 你好像还不明白 |
[39:03] | I’m not just offering you a job for my sake. | 我不只是为我自己才招你 |
[39:06] | I’m offering you a fresh start, for yours. | 也为了你 给你一个全新的开始 |
[39:09] | A re-set from your slew of fuck-ups. | 给你机会重新收拾你的烂摊子 |
[39:12] | You let things devolve at Axe Capital. | 你任由阿克斯资本的事件发展 |
[39:14] | You didn’t see me being pushed out the door. | 但是你没看到我被推出门外 |
[39:16] | You couldn’t stop Axe from succumbing | 你无法阻止阿克斯屈服于 |
[39:18] | to his own worst nature. | 他最糟糕的本性 |
[39:19] | Instead you succumbed to it. | 相反 你屈服了 |
[39:21] | And who knows what other fallout you’ve created | 谁知道你这一生还做过什么 |
[39:22] | or at least allowed elsewhere in your life. | 或者允许了什么荒唐事 |
[39:28] | You’re a brilliant person. | 你是一个聪明人 |
[39:30] | You have a lot of answers. | 你心里有很多答案 |
[39:33] | But you are very young | 但是你还很稚嫩 |
[39:36] | and there’s a lot more to this business | 你对这个行业的了解 |
[39:37] | – than you’ve learned so far. – Like? | -还知之甚少 -比如说 |
[39:39] | It is not just about numbers and decimal points. | 这并不仅仅关于数字和小数点 |
[39:41] | The thing that makes it matter is: Lasting relationships. | 最重要的是 持久的人脉 |
[39:45] | True loyalty. | 真正的忠诚 |
[39:47] | Real trust. | 真实的信任 |
[39:52] | No, I’m pretty sure there’s only money, | 不是 我确定钱才是最重要的 |
[39:54] | and it can buy all those things or at least the same result. | 钱能买到你说的那些 至少结果是一样的 |
[39:57] | That’s what you and Axe taught me. | 你和阿克斯就是这么教育我的 |
[40:05] | That thing you said. About keeping it ‘in-house.’ | 之前你说的 内部解决的话 |
[40:10] | Maybe pride. | 可能是因为自尊心吧 |
[40:12] | I have the… | 我有 |
[40:14] | craft, you know? | 手艺 |
[40:17] | But doing it at a remove, that makes much more sense. | 但是稍微保持点距离 看起来才更合理 |
[40:21] | Oh, so you’ve been thinking about it, too. | 所以你也在想这个 |
[40:24] | The thing you said about saying no to someone like Grigor, | 你说过 不要拒绝格里戈尔那样的人 |
[40:29] | that’s where I’ve spent most of my thinking time. | 我大部分的时间都在想这个 |
[40:31] | How it ramificates out if I don’t give the green light. | 如果我不同意的话 会是什么结果 |
[40:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:38] | Mission e-val. | 评估任务 |
[40:39] | Just as you would’ve for a superior officer back in the day. | 就像你之前给高级官员做的那样 |
[40:44] | If Grigor did this, | 如果是格里戈尔来做 |
[40:47] | it would be handled cleanly. | 会处理得很干净 |
[40:49] | There would be an accident– | 可能会是一场事故 |
[40:52] | falling debris on the street. | 高空坠物砸下来 |
[40:54] | An overdose. A car crash. | 服药过量 或者车祸 |
[40:56] | A heart attack from a blockage no one saw coming. | 预料不到的心肌梗死 |
[40:59] | They are employing a refinement of work flow | 他们使用了这个领域里 |
[41:01] | in this area that is simply unmatched. | 经过改良的工作流程 无出其右 |
[41:05] | It would never come back to you as a matter | 绝对不会像执法机关那样 |
[41:07] | law enforcement would bring. | 再找到你头上 |
[41:09] | But then… | 但是 |
[41:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:12] | Then Grigor would have the thing on you forever. | 格里戈尔会永远记得你的债 |
[41:16] | Suddenly he decides you’ll manage his money for no fee. | 突然间 他决定让你无偿管理他的资金 |
[41:21] | Then maybe he’ll suggest that you pay him, for his silence. | 然后他或许会暗示你用钱堵住他的嘴 |
[41:25] | And once you let him get the offer out of his mouth, | 一旦你让他说出他的需求 |
[41:29] | once he let you hear it– | 一旦他告诉了你 |
[41:30] | Then I have something on him now. | 那我现在就被他抓手里了 |
[41:32] | Almost as bad. | 也很糟糕了 |
[41:33] | How you say yes or no will determine a lot. | 你如何答应或拒绝 会决定很多事情 |
[41:36] | And I have a question for you, too. | 我也有个问题问你 |
[41:39] | What is your objective? | 你的目标是什么 |
[41:41] | With regards to Taylor? | 关于泰勒的吗 |
[41:43] | Total destruction. | 完全毁灭 |
[41:44] | Not out of anger. | 不是出于愤怒 |
[41:46] | But if it becomes clear that I can be taken advantage of, | 但是很明显我吃亏上当被人占了便宜 |
[41:50] | that I can groom you, bring you along, prop you up, | 我可以培养你 带挈你 支持你 |
[41:53] | then lose you and a serious chunk of business, too… | 结果不但失去了你 还失去了一大批业务 |
[41:56] | I agree. That’s not a tenable situation. | 我同意 这说不过去 |
[41:59] | And it’s not tenable to have Grigor in my city, | 也不能让格里戈尔在我的城市 |
[42:02] | knowing that I’m either indebted to him | 认为我要么亏欠他 |
[42:04] | or that I rejected him. | 要么拒绝他 |
[42:07] | But you should know. | 但你应该知道 |
[42:08] | Should you move forward, even through me, | 如果你继续 即使是通过我 |
[42:11] | that psychologically… | 心理上的… |
[42:12] | I do know. Residue. Of course. | 我明白 残留 当然 |
[42:16] | More than residue. | 不止是残留 |
[42:18] | Weight. | 负担 |
[42:21] | Whatever you decide. | 不管你的决定是什么 |
[42:23] | However. Whenever. | 用什么方法 什么时候下手 |
[42:26] | I am ready. | 我都准备好了 |
[42:29] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[42:32] | Hey, Hall… | 哈尔 |
[42:33] | put extra security on Lara and the boys. | 加强萝拉和孩子们的安保 |
[42:37] | The kind they don’t see. | 别让他们察觉到 |
[42:45] | So, have you come to a decision? | 那么 你决定好了吗 |
[42:48] | I’m gonna pass on your offer. | 你的提议我接不了 |
[42:52] | I didn’t have you as a squeamish man. | 我没想到你是一个如此正派的人 |
[42:54] | A little delicate, maybe, on the outside. | 可能从外表上看有一点脆弱 |
[42:58] | But I thought you were a man like me. | 但我以为你是像我这样的汉子 |
[43:01] | A man with steel in all the places one needs it. | 一个所需之处 处处刚强的男人 |
[43:05] | Maybe we just need it in different spots. | 也许我们需要刚强的点不一样 |
[43:08] | So you’re beyond this sort of thing, then. | 所以 你不屑于做这种事 |
[43:11] | Or you could say this: | 或者你可以这样讲 |
[43:15] | I was raised in a place that didn’t require | 在我长大的地方 |
[43:17] | these extraordinary measures. | 不需要这些不同寻常的手段 |
[43:19] | You weren’t. | 而你不一样 |
[43:21] | If you don’t want to tell me to do it, | 如果你不想亲口告诉我去做这件事 |
[43:23] | but want it to happen anyway, that’s fine. | 但仍想让它实现 那也没问题 |
[43:26] | No. I don’t. | 不 我不想 |
[43:31] | Fine. Okay… | 好吧 |
[43:34] | Then I will pull all my money, | 那我就撤走全部的钱 |
[43:37] | and I will give it to Taylor. | 然后交给泰勒 |
[43:41] | I promised I would give you a warning– | 我保证过我会给你一个警告 |
[43:43] | this is it. | 这就是了 |
[43:45] | Look, nothing in the way I operate my business has changed. | 我做生意的方式一点没有变 |
[43:49] | You loved it last week. | 你上周的时候还很喜欢 |
[43:50] | How can I keep my money | 我怎么能把我的钱 |
[43:53] | with a man who won’t kill for it? | 交给一个不肯为了钱不择手段的人 |
[43:57] | I don’t want Taylor dead. | 我不想要泰勒死掉 |
[43:59] | I want them alive to experience all that I am gonna do to them. | 我要他们活着经历我要对他们做的一切 |
[44:03] | I’m gonna destroy them in ways | 我要毁灭他们 |
[44:04] | that’ll make them wish they got what you offered. | 让他们生不如死 |
[44:08] | Sure. Why not? Have fun. | 当然 有何不可 玩得开心 |
[44:10] | But remember, | 但你要记住 |
[44:12] | if what you do to them, costs me, | 如果你对他们做的事 伤及到我 |
[44:16] | we will meet again. | 我们会再见面的 |
[44:19] | Until then, goodbye, Axe. | 在那之前 再见了 阿克斯 |
[44:33] | I’m expecting Alvin Epstein shortly, | 我马上要跟阿尔文·艾普斯坦见面 |
[44:36] | see him right in. | 他这就过来 |
[44:38] | Morning, Kate– | 早上好 凯特 |
[44:39] | You recognized I was a political animal. | 你发现我是个政治动物 |
[44:42] | You fed it. Nurtured it. | 你培养了我 让我成长 |
[44:44] | And I warned you it might bite you. | 我曾警告过你 我可能会咬你 |
[44:46] | That’s where we are. | 这就是我们目前的状态 |
[45:05] | Well, glad you could join us, Chuck. | 很高兴你能加入我们 查克 |
[45:10] | Regrets, Chuck. | 抱歉 查克 |
[45:11] | Tiger’s breath was just too hot | 老虎对着我的脸时 |
[45:13] | when it was right in my face… | 它的呼吸真的是太热了 |
[45:17] | I can’t be sure my office isn’t bugged. | 我不确定我的办公室有没有被监听 |
[45:20] | Meet me at yours. | 去你办公室见吧 |
[45:30] | See you in Washington, General. | 华盛顿见 检察长 |
[45:31] | We’ll break bread together soon, Mr. Deputy. | 我们很快就会一同进餐 副检察长先生 |
[45:35] | Yeah. | 好 |
[45:41] | That’s a good man, right there, my new Deputy AG. | 他是个好人 我的新任副检察长 |
[45:44] | If you say he is. | 你说是就是 |
[45:45] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[45:47] | ‘Good’ means something when I say it. | 我说的”好”是有份量的 |
[45:50] | These people… They’re good, too. | 这些人 他们也是好人 |
[45:53] | They’ve proven it. | 他们已经证明了这一点 |
[45:55] | The young lady was kind enough to be of assistance. | 这位女士帮得上忙 |
[46:00] | And especially these young men. | 特别是这几个年轻人 |
[46:02] | Oliver Dake reminded me of our true purpose: | 奥利弗·戴克提醒了我 我们真正的目标 |
[46:04] | Restoring justice to the Justice Department. | 恢复司法部门的正义 |
[46:07] | We reminded each other. | 是我们互相提醒的 |
[46:09] | Now, General, I know things didn’t end | 现在 检察长 我知道 |
[46:11] | particularly well between us– | 我们两个之间有过节 |
[46:13] | Certainly from your point of view. | 那肯定是你自己的想法 |
[46:15] | Nonetheless, I gained clarity as soon as I left New York. | 然而 我一离开纽约就想明白了 |
[46:18] | And then Mr. Connerty came to me and… | 然后康纳蒂先生找到了我 |
[46:22] | we’ve discovered something of a putsch against you. | 我们发现了针对你的政变迹象 |
[46:27] | The fellas told me what you had in store for me. | 这些人告诉了我你给我准备了什么 |
[46:31] | So I decided to let Cutler sit there. | 所以我决定让卡特勒就坐在那 |
[46:33] | By his lonesome. Naked and afraid. | 独自一人 浑身赤裸 充满恐惧 |
[46:36] | Of course, by now, he’s free, | 当然 现在他已经自由了 |
[46:37] | back upstate, with his loved ones. | 回到了北边 跟家人在一起 |
[46:39] | Because there is no case. | 因为根本没有案子 |
[46:40] | There never was. | 从来就没有什么案子 |
[46:42] | My brother’s down in Texas, | 我弟弟在得克萨斯 |
[46:44] | unmolested, as he should be, | 没受什么影响 像往常一样 |
[46:46] | tending to his flock. | 照顾他的羊群 |
[46:48] | What I know now, senor, | 据我所知 先生 |
[46:49] | is that character cannot be taught or learned. | 人品这东西教不来也学不来 |
[46:53] | It is innate. | 那是天生的 |
[46:55] | Some people have it. These boys do. Miss Sacker. | 某些人有 这几个人有 赛克小姐也有 |
[47:01] | – You clearly do not. – General– | -很明显你没有 -检察长 |
[47:03] | This is as fine a head covering | 这是一顶 |
[47:04] | as a man could ever hope to possess. | 男人梦寐以求的帽子 |
[47:07] | Yet you have it here as what, | 而你把它当作什么 |
[47:10] | some kind of joke at my expense? | 拿我开涮吗 |
[47:13] | You ingratiated yourself to me, Chuck. | 你刻意讨好我 查克 |
[47:15] | You inveigled yourself into my life. | 连哄带骗挤进我的圈子 |
[47:18] | You invited me and my wife into your house. | 请我和我夫人去你家做客 |
[47:23] | Your house! | 去你家 |
[47:25] | Only to do me like some combo | 就为了使出犹大和沙瓦托·泰西欧那种 |
[47:25] | 沙瓦托·泰西欧 《教父》中的角色 黑帮火拼时叛变 | |
[47:26] | of Iscariot and Salvatore Tessio. | 背叛我的招数 |
[47:30] | Well, I’m gonna do you the same as they got. | 我要让你跟叛徒一个下场 |
[47:33] | Now, I’m sure you are aware, | 这个道理我相信你都明白 |
[47:36] | but I will say it for posterity. | 但我要跟后来人把话挑明 |
[47:38] | This is not obstruction of justice. | 这不是妨碍司法公正 |
[47:41] | Because that bullshit case was brought by Mr. Epstein. | 因为这个破案子是艾普斯坦先生办的 |
[47:44] | Not by you. | 不是你 |
[47:45] | You had nothing. And now you are nothing. | 你无案可立 现在你也一无是处 |
[47:49] | As of this moment, | 此时此刻 |
[47:51] | you are a trespasser in these hallowed halls of the law. | 你就是这座神圣法庭的入侵者 |
[47:56] | You, Charles Rhoades Junior, are relived of duty. | 你 小查尔斯·罗兹 被解除公职了 |
[48:00] | On power of the President, you are fired! | 我现在就行使总统赋予的权力 解雇你 |
[48:09] | Mr. Connerty, as your first detail | 康纳蒂先生 你接任 |
[48:12] | as Interim United States Attorney for the Southern District, | 美国南区联邦检察官的首个任务 |
[48:17] | please show this gentleman out. | 就是送这位先生出去 |
[48:19] | My pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[48:23] | What’d you manage to get for yourself, professor? | 教授 这么做你有什么好处 |
[48:26] | I got to watch all this. | 我能亲眼见证这一刻 |
[48:30] | Yeah, look at him, | 是啊 看看 |
[48:32] | going out like the teaser I always knew you were. | 我早就看透他这副耍猴样了 |
[48:36] | Pathetic. | 真悲哀 |
[48:43] | Enjoy this. | 尽管享受这一刻 |
[48:45] | You’ve outplayed me. And you have earned it. | 你棋高一着 尽管享受胜利的喜悦 |
[48:48] | But don’t, even for a second, think that | 但你千万别以为 |
[48:51] | that smile on your face is gonna be there for very fucking long. | 你他妈能像这样一直笑下去 |
[48:56] | Oh, Chuck, | 查克 |
[48:58] | that’s not my smile. | 我的微笑不那样 |
[49:01] | This is. | 这才是 |
[49:07] | Move him along. | 带他出去 |
[49:09] | Come on, Chuck. | 走吧 查克 |
[49:12] | Bryan, think about what you’re doing, man. | 布莱恩 想想你在干什么 |
[49:14] | Drop your credentials at the desk, | 把你的证件放在桌子上 |
[49:16] | and Get The Fuck Out Of Here. | 然后从这里滚出去 |
[49:37] | I’ve brought you some redemption… | 我给你带了点东西 |
[49:39] | Redemption Roasters Coffee that is. | 救赎牌烘焙咖啡 |
[49:42] | To wish you good luck on your new venture, | 祝你新起点万事顺利 |
[49:43] | and because, to make it go, | 因为要想成功 |
[49:45] | you’ll be working all night long. | 你得熬夜干活了 |
[49:47] | Thank you, Oscar. | 谢谢你 奥斯卡 |
[49:49] | How’d you find me? | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[49:51] | Word’s traveling fast. | 消息传千里嘛 |
[49:54] | I also brought you this… | 我还给你带了这个 |
[49:55] | My letter of intent to come on-board with some seed money. | 我的合作意向书以及一些种子基金 |
[49:59] | Initial investment of 500 million. | 期初投资五个亿 |
[50:02] | Thank you. Wow. | 谢谢你 |
[50:07] | Would you like to meet up later? | 稍后要不要一起吃个饭 |
[50:08] | There’s a secret new dumpling spot in Queens– | 皇后区有家悄悄新开的饺子馆不错 |
[50:10] | doesn’t even have a name, just a door. | 连名字都没有 就一扇门 |
[50:12] | I’d like to talk, to try… | 我想跟你聊聊 试着 |
[50:15] | I’m happy to put capital with you, | 我愿意把钱托付给你 |
[50:19] | because you’re smart. | 因为你聪明 |
[50:21] | And I think you’ll make me money. | 我认为你能给我挣钱 |
[50:23] | But after what you did, | 但你的所作所为 |
[50:24] | I could never open myself up to you again. | 让我无法再对你敞开心扉 |
[51:33] | I saw Taylor. | 我遇见泰勒了 |
[51:36] | They tried to bring me aboard. | 他们想拉我入伙 |
[51:38] | Can’t imagine that went well for them. | 看来他们不大顺啊 |
[51:40] | Or are you about to shock me? | 还是你打算让我大吃一惊 |
[51:42] | Fuck them. As I said. | 滚他娘的 我说过了 |
[51:44] | That’s right. Good. | 那就对了 很好 |
[51:46] | No, I mean fuck them over. | 不 我是说 让他们彻底滚蛋 |
[51:49] | You have to. We do. | 你没有选择 我们就这么干 |
[51:51] | Well, that’s different from: “Look inward.” | 这可完全背离”自省”原则了 |
[51:54] | Yeah. | 是 |
[51:56] | Well, you know what? I’m different. | 你猜怎么着 我改变主意了 |
[52:37] | ‘lo Bob. | 好啊 波比 |
[52:38] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[52:39] | You know, Wendy asked, and I said, | 温蒂问我 我说 |
[52:41] | Mm, you know, I’m no longer the US Attorney. | 我已经不是美国联邦检察官了 |
[52:43] | So there’s no conflict. | 不存在利益冲突 |
[52:46] | And I have nothing against the guy. | 我对这人没意见 |
[52:49] | Not anymore. | 再也没有了 |
[52:52] | I said much the same. | 我也是这么说 |
[52:55] | So come on in. Join us. | 所以 请进吧 加入我们 |
[52:58] | Love to. | 乐意之至 |
[53:30] | So, you know how you’re gonna go after Jock? | 你想好怎么对付乔克了吗 |
[53:35] | Some ideas floating around my head, yeah. | 我有一些粗略的想法 |
[53:40] | And, uh, Taylor? | 泰勒呢 |
[53:43] | Yeah. Yeah. | 有了 有了 |
[53:47] | Got a plan that’s starting to form. | 有个计划正在成形 |
[53:54] | Tell him about it. | 跟他说说 |
[53:58] | There’s no one better at breaking down a strategy. | 要论分解战略 没有人更在行了 |
[54:05] | You want to hear it? | 你想听吗 |
[54:10] | Hit me with what you got… | 尽管说来 |