时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | He’s a rich man. | 他是个富人 |
[00:09] | There always have been rumors as to the way he earned it. | 一直有流言质疑他当选的原因 |
[00:11] | You are willing to testify | 你愿意指证 |
[00:12] | Jock Jeffcoat profited along with his brother? | 乔克·杰夫科特跟他兄弟获利吗 |
[00:15] | I know he does. | 我知道是如此 |
[00:16] | We’re doing a massive cap raise. | 我们要做一个大规模的资金募集 |
[00:17] | Welcome to the new quant headquarters. | 欢迎来到新的金融工程总部 |
[00:20] | He fired you. | 他炒了你 |
[00:21] | I was fodder. Don’t try to tell me different. | 我就是炮灰 别跟我说不是 |
[00:24] | So, is it prison or start talking? | 那么 你选择监狱还是交待 |
[00:27] | Let’s do this. | 开始吧 |
[00:28] | Who the hell gave you permission to talk to my son. | 谁允许你跟我儿子说话了 |
[00:30] | Good thing is there’s no paperwork. | 好处是不用写报告 |
[00:32] | Off the books. The Chuck Rhoades Special. | 查克·罗兹特别行动 |
[00:34] | Your best friend sold you down the river for nothing. | 你最好的朋友毫不犹豫地出卖了你 |
[00:36] | I’m willing to pay you 30 million to tell the truth. | 你愿意付给你三千万 只要你愿意说出事实 |
[00:39] | But I sure as hell will testify about what Chuck Rhoades did. | 但是我肯定会指证查克·罗兹的所作所为 |
[00:42] | You sold out my relationship. | 你为做成这个事出卖了我的情感关系 |
[00:43] | No, no. You did. | 不 明明是你卖的 |
[00:45] | That’s why you told me he was at your dinner. | 所以你才告诉我你和他一起吃饭 |
[01:29] | I can’t believe you brought me here. | 不敢相信你带我来这 |
[01:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:35] | I was surprised to learn the viral videos so afflicted you. | 我很惊讶热播视频让你也沦陷了 |
[01:38] | Oh. They don’t… usually… | 没有 一般情况下不会 |
[01:40] | but I mean… | 但是 |
[01:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[01:44] | You know we could just order the tomahawk | 我们可以点一个战斧牛排 |
[01:45] | and have him do his whole thing here at the table. | 然后让他过来在这做个全套的 |
[01:50] | Uh, no. | 不用 |
[01:51] | I’m all right looking at the eclipse through the cereal box. | 我远观一下就行了 |
[01:56] | Ah, well, well, well. | 瞧瞧 瞧瞧 |
[02:01] | How’d it go? | 顺利吗 |
[02:03] | Bought you a present, | 给你带了一件礼物 |
[02:04] | had it sent straight to the office. | 直接寄到办公室了 |
[02:06] | Well, I hope that’s not all you’ve brought me. | 我希望那不是你给我带的唯一的东西 |
[02:08] | Texas is a bizarro world. | 得克萨斯是个疯狂的世界 |
[02:11] | Jock Jeffcoat’s a pariah at Zabar’s | 乔克·杰夫科特就是个贱民 |
[02:14] | but he’s the second coming on the 29th parallel. | 但他却在第29届排行榜里名列第二 |
[02:16] | So you weren’t able to substantiate what we know… | 所以你没能证实我们知道的 |
[02:19] | the brother, the cable company. | 兄弟合作 有线电视公司的事 |
[02:22] | We have embarked on a one-way mission here. | 我们已经开战了一项单行任务 |
[02:24] | We either get to the other side and line dance on Jock’s grave | 要么我们到达另一边在乔克的坟头上跳排舞 |
[02:28] | or he will most assuredly be doing the Tush Push on ours. | 要么他十有八九会在我们的坟头上舞动人生 |
[02:31] | Anybody who knew anything wasn’t willing to go on the record, | 知道内情的人不愿意出头 |
[02:34] | and anyone willing to go on the record | 而愿意出头的那些人 |
[02:35] | didn’t know anything. I’m sorry, Chuck. | 又什么都不知道 抱歉 查克 |
[02:37] | You know what’s printed above the Rhoades family crest: | 你知道罗兹家族的族徽上印着什么吗 |
[02:41] | “Never say sorry. | “不要说抱歉 |
[02:42] | Make the other fella sorry first.” | 让其他人先说” |
[02:44] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[02:46] | Will you do that? | 你们会做到吗 |
[02:49] | I will. | 会的 |
[02:50] | Reach out to people you feel dirty talking to, | 找那些你最不愿意的人去谈话 |
[02:52] | employ tactics you wouldn’t confess even to a priest, | 采用你跟牧师都不会坦白的策略 |
[02:55] | and find a way to crack someone | 想方设法从有线电视公司内部 |
[02:57] | inside the cable company. | 突破一个人 |
[02:59] | Because we cannot build a case | 因为我们不能凭借卡特勒 |
[03:01] | on the word of a confessed liar like Cutler. | 那种大骗子的供词就立案 |
[03:04] | Yeah. On it. | 好的 这就办 |
[03:05] | Yep. | 好的 |
[03:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:18] | Be right back. | 我去去就来 |
[03:22] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[03:32] | Well. Look at you, | 看看你 |
[03:35] | fat and happy, taking down the Cadillac of steaks. | 开心发福 点了牛排中的凯迪拉克 |
[03:40] | Well, you must have made a nasty nickel selling me out. | 出卖我你一定是没少赚 |
[03:43] | Fucking right I did. | 那倒确实 |
[03:46] | Why didn’t you come to me? | 你怎么没找我呢 |
[03:48] | You could have come to me. | 你应该来找我的 |
[03:53] | You’re married. | 你结婚了 |
[03:57] | To Taiga. | 娶了泰嘉 |
[03:58] | Of course to Taiga. | 当然是泰嘉 |
[04:01] | Who was the best man? | 伴郎是谁 |
[04:03] | There wasn’t one. | 没有伴郎 |
[04:05] | – Come on. – Shapiro. | -说实话 -夏皮洛 |
[04:06] | Oh. Shit… Really? | 见鬼 真的吗 |
[04:09] | I’m sorry you could only to do it | 很抱歉我的婚礼 |
[04:10] | at 50 percent of my weddings. | 你只能参与一半 |
[04:13] | Wouldn’t have made you Cal Ripken, | 虽然不会让你成为卡尔·瑞普肯 |
[04:14] | but it would have been nice to keep the streak going. | 但是能保持连胜也很不错 |
[04:17] | I whopped you a good one. | 我给你打出了一记好球 |
[04:19] | And you whopped me a good one. | 你也给我回了一个好球 |
[04:23] | I don’t believe in even, | 我虽然不相信平局 |
[04:24] | but, uh, maybe, | 不过 也许 |
[04:27] | we’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[04:30] | Maybe we are. | 也许 |
[04:31] | So… where is your bride? | 你的新娘呢 |
[04:34] | Uh, Taiga’s out of town. Visiting family. | 泰嘉出门了 走亲戚去了 |
[04:35] | Hmm. So you’re a bachelor for the evening. | 那你今晚是单身贵族了 |
[04:38] | – Boys’ night out. – Not quite. | -出来过男人之夜 -不完全是 |
[04:40] | This is work. | 公事 |
[04:41] | That guy’s on the board of– doesn’t matter. | 那个人是董事会…算了 不重要 |
[04:43] | Just– I’m trying to impress him, build my book. | 我在努力打动他 建立信任 |
[04:45] | Making it monsoon? | 拍暴风马屁吗 |
[04:47] | Just trying to keep my head above the flood waters. | 只是尽力让自己有喘息之机 |
[04:49] | Taiga’s expensive. | 泰嘉的花销很大 |
[04:50] | She decided to start a Yoga empire. | 她想要打造一个瑜伽帝国 |
[04:53] | SoulCycle, but– | 就像灵魂单车 但是 |
[04:54] | Mm. For yoga. Mm. | 练瑜伽的那种 |
[04:56] | And of course you supported her. | 当然你要支持她 |
[04:59] | It’s who you are. | 你就是这种男人 |
[05:01] | But how deep are you in? | 但是你套进去多深 |
[05:02] | Deep… and descending. | 很深 还在下沉 |
[05:04] | Location problems, design problems, | 选址问题 设计问题 |
[05:07] | all kinds of– hypoallergenic?– | 防过敏什么的 |
[05:10] | stuff that makes my eyes glaze over. | 各种让我目光呆滞的问题 |
[05:13] | Sorry to hear that. | 深表同情 |
[05:14] | It’ll all be fine. | 都会过去的 |
[05:15] | As soon as we get the first location open | 只要我们把第一家店开起来 |
[05:17] | and have some money coming in | 不再单纯地支出 |
[05:18] | instead of just going out… | 开始有了进项之后 |
[05:19] | Right. | 是的 |
[05:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:24] | Of course. Uh, well. | 当然 |
[05:26] | My best to Mrs. Schirmer. | 给谢莫太太问好 |
[05:29] | And…it’s good to see you, Ira. | 很高兴见到你 艾拉 |
[05:51] | Where are the others? | 其他人呢 |
[05:52] | They left– a while ago. | 他们走了 有一阵了 |
[05:54] | They didn’t contact you? | 他们没联系你吗 |
[05:56] | To say? | 关于什么 |
[05:58] | They quit. What happened? | 他们辞职了 发生了什么 |
[06:00] | Well, they’re hacks and lame. | 他们平庸无用 |
[06:02] | Did they quit because you called them hacks and lame? | 他们是因为你说他们平庸无用而辞职的吗 |
[06:05] | You backslid into being a dick. | 你退步成一个混蛋了 |
[06:06] | Fine. Yes. Big time. | 好吧 是的 基本如此 |
[06:08] | You know what? Those other two were sweet, | 不过 那两个虽然不错 |
[06:10] | but you’re more talented. I need you. | 但是你更有才华 我需要你 |
[06:12] | Damn right you do. | 那是当然了 |
[06:13] | 瑞典吉他大师 擅长新古典独奏 人品不好 | |
[06:13] | ‘Cause I’m the Yngwie Malmsteen of coding, | 因为我是代码界的英格威·马尔莫斯汀 |
[06:15] | total control of the instrument– | 把乐器玩得出神入化 |
[06:16] | Sad. Look, I need you to model something for me. | 真悲哀 我需要你给我建个模 |
[06:19] | If we give the algo an extra 20 billion to play with… | 如果我们多给200亿让算法计算 |
[06:21] | can it reliably generate returns in excess of eight percent? | 它能可靠地形成超过百分之八的回报吗 |
[06:23] | If so, how soon? How reliably? | 如果能的话 要多久 可靠度多高 |
[06:25] | And can any other funds do the same? | 其它基金也能达到这个回报率吗 |
[06:26] | Wait, this isn’t some T test. | 等等 这不是T检验之类的东西 |
[06:28] | This is something you’d pitch an investor. | 这是你会推销给投资人的东西 |
[06:31] | Problem is: Bridgewater would have 50 PhDs | 问题是 桥水基金会雇50个博士 |
[06:33] | writing software on this. | 给这个写软件 |
[06:34] | Molly Hatchet had three guitarists. | 莫利哈切特有三名吉他手 |
[06:36] | Rising Force had one. | 《冉冉升起》只有一个 |
[06:37] | Are you going to tell me you can’t play this solo? | 你想说你完不成这场独奏 |
[06:40] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[06:41] | I’m sure we’ll go faster without the dead weight– | 没有负累我们只会跑得更快 |
[06:43] | You’re working alone now, | 你现在一个人工作 |
[06:45] | act however you want. | 怎么折腾都行 |
[07:09] | Take me to the fucking Regency. | 带我去摄政街 |
[07:20] | Thanks. Excuse me one second. | 谢谢 稍等片刻 |
[07:23] | Hey, Axe. How are you, man? | 阿克斯 你好 |
[07:25] | I don’t think we knew you were coming. | 我们不知道你要来 |
[07:26] | Just give us a second, and we’re gonna have your table. | 我们马上给你准备好餐位 |
[07:28] | – Nah. No need, JT. – Okay. Enjoy. | -不必了 JT -好吧 用餐愉快 |
[07:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:35] | – Hey, Axe. – Hey, Lizzie. | -阿克斯 -丽兹 |
[07:39] | Ah, fuck, Axe. Can’t you skip a year? | 阿克斯 你非得每年都来吗 |
[07:42] | I could. But what fucking fun would that be? | 我可以不来 但那还有什么意思 |
[07:45] | I’m Martin Carlisle. | 我是马丁·卡莱尔 |
[07:46] | Who you are is a witness | 你就是今年的 |
[07:47] | to this year’s edition of Fuck Ups Fucking Up. | 笨蛋搞砸事专辑的见证人 |
[07:51] | Today, at Axe Cap, it’s comp day. | 今天是阿克斯资本的发薪日 |
[07:55] | And so, as always, I’m reminded of the best day of my life. | 一如既往的 我回忆起我人生中最棒的那天 |
[07:59] | The day that this man, | 那天 这个人 |
[08:01] | Bill McGann of McGann Commodities, | 麦克根商品的比尔·麦克根 |
[08:03] | told me I didn’t have enough Blarney in me. | 告诉我我不擅长奉承 |
[08:05] | What he meant was: I didn’t kiss enough ass. | 他的意思是 我没拍够马屁 |
[08:08] | I meant you didn’t have a soul. | 我是说你不够真诚 |
[08:11] | And so, by means of instruction, | 所以 为了让我长个教训 |
[08:12] | he wasn’t gonna bonus me right. | 他不会给我发足额奖金 |
[08:14] | He shorted me by 50,000. | 他扣了我五万块 |
[08:16] | Hey, I can leave you two to– | 我可以让你们俩单独 |
[08:17] | Stay. I’m leaving. | 呆着 我会走 |
[08:20] | So, here I am, as I am every year, | 所以我每年都来这里 |
[08:22] | to thank you. | 来感谢你 |
[08:24] | And to buy you breakfast. | 并且请你吃早饭 |
[08:26] | Just think. | 想想看 |
[08:27] | If I’d stayed, | 如果我留在你那里 |
[08:29] | you maybe could have owned this hotel. | 你现在都可能拥有这家饭店了 |
[08:33] | Least I can do is get your check. | 我起码能拿走你的账单 |
[08:35] | Right before I engage in the very same rumble | 在我进入那场让你折戟沉沙的 |
[08:38] | that left you knifed and bleeding in the schoolyard. | 战斗之前 |
[08:42] | You’re about the same age I was back then. | 你现在大概和我当时差不多大 |
[08:44] | You’ve had a good run, kid. | 你过去做得不错 孩子 |
[08:46] | But you can’t stay clear of the switchblades forever. | 但你总会失手的 |
[08:50] | You’re not a Greaser anymore, Axe, | 你已经不是贫苦小子了 阿克斯 |
[08:53] | you’re a Soc now… | 你现在是显赫新贵 |
[09:01] | Do you want to lean down or bulk up? | 你想增肌还是减脂 |
[09:03] | Because either way, suck my dick. | 选哪个你都得食我大雕 |
[09:07] | Is this how one runs a service business? | 这是经营服务业的方式吗 |
[09:09] | Whatever I’m doing, it seems to be working. | 我的经营方式显然很有效 |
[09:11] | Because I invested in one. | 因为我的收益 |
[09:13] | And now I got five. | 是当初投资的五倍 |
[09:15] | Ah. Some guys just stumble into money. | 有些人就是走狗屎运 |
[09:17] | 该歌手写了歌曲《切尔西酒店》 描述了他在切尔西酒店的一夜情 | |
[09:17] | Like Leonard Cohen into the Chelsea Hotel. | 就像莱昂纳德·科恩进入切尔西酒店 |
[09:19] | Mm. You’re looking good, sweetheart. | 你看起来不错 亲爱的 |
[09:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:22] | Do you have any idea what it takes | 你明白我转型花了 |
[09:25] | to make the pivot I did? | 多大代价吗 |
[09:26] | 科健 健身房 | |
[09:27] | This is my lifeblood now. | 这就是我现在的命脉 |
[09:30] | I built it to where there are guys | 我把它打造到 |
[09:32] | who would help me take it public… | 要是我不是罪犯 |
[09:34] | if I wasn’t a fucking felon. | 就会有人帮我上市的程度 |
[09:36] | In your estimation, that’s my fault? | 你觉得那是我的错 |
[09:38] | You went after Axe. | 你调查阿克斯 |
[09:39] | On the way you went after Dollar Bill Stearn. | 半途你又去查”美元大亨”比尔·斯特恩 |
[09:42] | You didn’t get any of them… except for me. | 你谁也没抓住 除了我 |
[09:44] | Because I surrendered. | 因为我自首了 |
[09:46] | Thank you. That was convenient. | 谢谢 抓你很方便 |
[09:48] | And it shows a remarkable sense of personal responsibility. | 而且展现出了过人的个人责任感 |
[09:53] | Oh, I’d be glad to speak of that to judges and clerks | 我很愿意跟法官 书记以及监护官 |
[09:55] | and probation officers to get your record sanded clean. | 说说这个并且把你的案底洗干净 |
[10:03] | And in return you want– | 作为报酬你要 |
[10:05] | I do want. | 我确实要求报酬 |
[10:07] | Help me investigate a money trail. | 帮我调查一个资金链 |
[10:10] | Don’t you have all your boys | 你不是有穿风衣的手下 |
[10:11] | with windbreakers to do that for you? | 替你做这些吗 |
[10:12] | This is of a more personal nature. | 这事比较私人 |
[10:14] | Very few are as expert as you | 你这么擅长伪装 |
[10:17] | at disguising and veiling and hiding money. | 藏匿金钱的人不多 |
[10:21] | I’m a man of many talents. | 我多才多艺 |
[10:24] | And it’s in your field, | 并且这也是你的专业领域 |
[10:26] | fitness. | 健身 |
[10:41] | Let me call you back. | 我会回电的 |
[10:44] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[11:03] | This is chilling. | 不寒而栗 |
[11:04] | Does he always do this at comp? | 他在发薪日总这样做吗 |
[11:07] | To a degree. This is special. | 很少做到这地步 |
[11:24] | What’s the mood down there. | 下面的人情绪如何 |
[11:25] | They’ve got that lean and hungry look. | 他们都一脸饥肠辘辘 |
[11:27] | Like to leave ’em that way. | 最好保持这样 |
[11:28] | Let the hunger set in. | 让饥饿感就位 |
[11:30] | Starvation, in small doses, triggers an increase in energy, | 少量的饥渴会增加工作动力 |
[11:33] | clarity, aggression– | 清明以及激情 |
[11:34] | Right up until it kills you. | 直到饿死为止 |
[11:36] | You gotta feed ’em something. | 你得奖励他们点东西 |
[11:37] | Why? I make the decisions, | 为什么 我下的决定 |
[11:39] | do all the heavy-lifting, | 硬骨头都是我啃的 |
[11:40] | actually earn the money. | 我赚的钱 |
[11:42] | Mortimer Duke said it best: | 莫蒂默公爵说的最好 |
[11:44] | No getting around the old minimum wage. | 不涨工资就没有进益 |
[11:46] | Actually, that was said to Mortimer Duke, | 实际上那是对莫蒂默公爵说的台词 |
[11:47] | but that’s a hell of a pull. | 但很有说服力 |
[11:49] | The thing is: most years, | 问题是 以前大多数时候 |
[11:51] | I’m paying with other people’s money. | 我都是用别人的钱发薪水 |
[11:54] | Now it’s my own money. | 现在我要用我自己的钱 |
[11:55] | That reminds me of a prayer I said | 这让我想起我小时候 |
[11:56] | every night as a kid: | 每晚的祈祷 |
[11:58] | “And now I lay me down to sleep, | “现在我躺下进入梦乡 |
[11:59] | I pray the Lord my soul to keep, | 我祈求主保管我的灵魂 |
[12:01] | and if I die before I wake, | 假如我在醒来之前就去世 |
[12:03] | I pray that all my toys should break.”… | 我祈求我的玩具都坏掉” |
[12:05] | So my fucking brother and sister can’t play with ’em. | 这样我的兄弟姐妹就玩不了它们了 |
[12:08] | Why don’t you just delay comp decisions | 你为什么不等融资到位之后 |
[12:10] | until after the raise? | 再做薪资策划呢 |
[12:11] | Outside money will be back on board, | 外部资金很快会到位 |
[12:12] | you’ll feel better about the whole thing. | 这样你可以更安心地做决定 |
[12:14] | Three things in life you can’t postpone | 世上有三件事你绝不能拖延 |
[12:15] | without dire consequences: | 否则后果会非常严重 |
[12:17] | calling a doctor when gutshot, | 中枪后叫医生 |
[12:18] | finding a toilet when traveling in India, | 在印度旅游时找厕所 |
[12:20] | and paying your people. | 和给你的手下付工资 |
[12:21] | The last two being more or less the same. | 后两项基本可以说是一样的 |
[12:23] | Listen. Don’t think the raise isn’t the thing; | 听着 不要认为融资不是什么大事 |
[12:26] | it’s the only thing. | 那是唯一重要的事 |
[12:27] | Without that money, I’m not bonusing people, | 没有那笔钱 我就没法给大家发奖金 |
[12:29] | I’m putting them out on an ice floe. | 相当于让他们站在浮冰上 |
[12:31] | Okay. Then I just want to make sure you’re aware | 好 那我就只想确认你知道 |
[12:34] | of a promise I made to everyone while you were gone: | 我在你不在的时候向所有人做过的保证 |
[12:36] | No one makes less than last year. | 没有人会赚得比去年少 |
[12:37] | That’s why they stayed. | 所以他们才没离职 |
[12:39] | I am aware that that was your promise. | 我知道那是你做的保证 |
[12:41] | Anyone you think deserves more? | 你认为应该给有些人涨工资吗 |
[12:43] | – No. – Not even Ben Kim? | -不 -连本·金都不涨 |
[12:45] | Kid’s practically your gimp. | 那孩子基本算是你的男宠了 |
[12:47] | I think he’s ready to move to PM. | 我认为他可以胜任投资组合经理了 |
[12:49] | I could see that. | 这点我同意 |
[12:51] | Then let the promotion be his bonus this year. | 那就把升职当作今年对他的奖励 |
[12:53] | Too much too fast could overwhelm him. | 涨得太高太快他会受不了 |
[12:55] | Has it overwhelmed you? | 你感觉承受不了过吗 |
[13:01] | Looks like you’re up. | 看来该跟你谈了 |
[13:03] | Let’s move over to the desk. | 我们去办公桌那里谈 |
[13:05] | You talk to Lara? | 你跟萝拉谈了吗 |
[13:07] | Be bold. Check in with me later. | 大胆点 晚些时候来找我 |
[13:09] | First time in the ring without training in Catskill with Cus. | 第一次没跟卡斯[传奇拳击手]在卡茨基尔训练就上场 |
[13:12] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[13:13] | Yeah. I got my Kevin Rooney. | 好了 我有我的凯文·罗尼[著名拳击教练] |
[13:15] | I’ll be fine. | 我没问题 |
[13:28] | Fifteen million dollars. | 一千五百万美元 |
[13:30] | You aren’t going to start with a performance review or– | 你不先从绩效评估开始吗 或是 |
[13:32] | Helluva year. Fifteen. | 这一年很不容易 一千五 |
[13:34] | I was thinking 50. | 我觉得应该是五千万 |
[13:35] | How’d you get there? | 你怎么得出这个数字的 |
[13:37] | Axe Cap made 929 million this year. | 阿克斯资本今年盈利九亿两千九百万 |
[13:39] | When you account for expenses, nets to almost 700. | 如果算上支出 净盈利将近七亿 |
[13:41] | Seeing as how I ran the place for most of that time, | 而我作为在大部分时间里的实际运营者 |
[13:43] | less than one-tenth of the profits seems more than fair. | 付给我不到十分之一的利润并不过分 |
[13:46] | Might be. But then again, I was the client. | 也许是 但重申一遍 我是委托人 |
[13:48] | So you’re kind of comparing apples to my money. | 你这相当于是把我的钱跟苹果划等号 |
[13:50] | I did more than just run your money. | 我干的不仅仅是管理你的钱 |
[13:52] | I kept us alive. | 是我让这个公司得以存活 |
[13:53] | I killed it at the Idea Dinner. | 我完全掌控了点子晚宴 |
[13:55] | I convinced the Street that night, and every day since, | 那晚和之后每一天 我说服了华尔街所有人 |
[13:57] | that there was always someone at the helm. | 这里永远有一位掌舵人 |
[13:59] | I got us through a natural disaster. | 我领导我们平安度过了自然灾害 |
[14:00] | I all but closed Kansas City before Ben Kim | 我评一人之力搞定了堪萨斯城那帮人 |
[14:02] | went Thunder From Down Under on them. | 直到本·金为他们演了一出《澳洲猛男秀》 |
[14:04] | And let’s not forget that I was key in making up | 还有别忘了为了弥补格里戈尔撤资的差额 |
[14:06] | the shortfall from Grigor’s redemption, | 我是其中最关键的一环 |
[14:07] | at great personal cost. | 还为此做出了巨大的个人牺牲 |
[14:10] | Still sore about Oscar? | 还为奥斯卡的事伤心呢 |
[14:13] | Yet here I am, still ready to help lock down the raise. | 但我依然坐在这里 做好了锁定融资的准备 |
[14:15] | About that. No, you’re not. | 关于那个 不 你不用 |
[14:17] | I don’t actually need you in the pitches. | 我其实不需要你去做投资报告 |
[14:20] | For one thing, you bombed your first raise meeting, | 第一 你搞砸了跟格里戈尔副手的 |
[14:21] | with Grigor’s lieutenant, bombed it on purpose. | 第一次融资会议 你是故意搞砸的 |
[14:24] | And for another: the investors need to know | 第二 投资者需要知道 |
[14:26] | that you’re here at Axe Cap, | 你在阿克斯资本坐镇 |
[14:28] | that someone’s “Always at the helm.” | 这里一直有一位掌舵人 |
[14:31] | Besides… the raise is my thing. | 还有 融资是我的事 |
[14:34] | I’m thinking that the final number | 我认为最终的数字 |
[14:35] | will be something just shy of half of what you’re looking for. | 应该比你要求数字的一半再低一点点 |
[14:38] | – I don’t agree. – This isn’t heavy petting | -我不同意 -这可不是欧柏林学院里的 |
[14:39] | on the Oberlin campus: we don’t both have to agree. | 疯狂前戏 我们不需要达成共识 |
[14:41] | I say what it is. You take it. | 我说给你多少 你接受 |
[14:43] | Yes, that is so. But still. I don’t accept. | 对 确实如此 但我仍要说 我不接受 |
[14:45] | I never made that much at your age. | 我在你这个岁数可没赚到那么多 |
[14:47] | I’ve accomplished more than you had. | 我的成就比你更多 |
[14:48] | But you don’t have your own shop. | 但你还没开自己的公司 |
[14:50] | If you were ready for that, | 如果你已经有那个资历 |
[14:51] | we wouldn’t be having this conversation, | 这段对话就不会发生 |
[14:53] | I’d be looking at a Taylor-shaped hole in the wall. | 我只会在墙上看到一个泰勒形状的洞而已 |
[14:55] | Twenty is as much as anybody’s ever gotten out of me. | 两千万是我对所有人开出工资的上限 |
[14:59] | Learn to be rich on that. | 学会怎么用那笔钱致富吧 |
[15:00] | And I was beginning to think you were done teaching me. | 而我开始认为你已经没有东西可以教我了 |
[15:04] | Let’s finish this later. | 这个我们再谈 |
[15:38] | I’d like half a million. | 我想要五十万 |
[15:40] | You just got here. Your signing bonus is your comp. | 你刚加入这里 你的签约金就是你的奖金 |
[15:42] | I didn’t say I deserved half a million. | 我没说我应得五十万 |
[15:44] | But you rarely get what you don’t ask for. | 但你基本拿不到你要求的金额 |
[15:45] | So I’m fucking asking. | 所以我就开口要一下而已 |
[15:47] | Otherwise, why are we doing this? | 否则我们为什么要在这里谈 |
[15:48] | We’ve never talked one-on-one. | 我们从来没一对一谈过 |
[15:50] | I wanted to get a hit off of you. | 我想要跟你交个朋友 |
[15:51] | I hit like the Purple People Eaters. | 我对朋友就像紫色食人兽那样 |
[15:52] | So be careful what you wish for. | 所以好好想想你想要的是什么 |
[15:54] | Oh. This is gonna be fun. | 听起来挺有趣的 |
[15:55] | I believe I’ve proved my value. | 我相信我已经证明了自己的价值 |
[15:57] | Don’t need to justify a thing to you at this point. | 现在我不用向你证明这是否合理 |
[15:59] | Oooh, working stiff. | 工薪阶层来了 |
[16:01] | Just like your personal totem, The Undertaker. | 就好像你的个人图腾 送葬者[摔角手] |
[16:03] | Do you have people feeding you this shit | 在这之前有人教导过你 |
[16:04] | about us ahead of time? | 要怎么应对我们吗 |
[16:05] | Thing is, for the last couple of weeks, | 问题是 在最近这两个星期 |
[16:08] | I haven’t really felt your presence. | 我根本感觉不到你的存在 |
[16:09] | You saying I’ve been coasting. | 你是说我一直在混日子 |
[16:11] | I’m saying there’s no garbage time at Axe Capital. | 我是说阿克斯资本不容忍无效时间的存在 |
[16:14] | Every minute of every quarter matters. | 每季度的每一分钟都很重要 |
[16:16] | No scrubs get playing time. | 二流球员永远别想上场 |
[16:18] | And even if you are my MVP at the All-Star break, | 即便你是全明星赛的最有价值球员 |
[16:21] | if you stop performing, you will be replaced. | 如果你表现下滑 你就会被取代 |
[16:23] | Pay me what you’re gonna pay me. | 你想付我多少就付我多少 |
[16:25] | Save the pep talks for someone who needs ’em. | 把这动员讲话留给需要的人吧 |
[16:26] | I think I like that version of you. | 我觉得我更喜欢你这一面 |
[16:29] | But I could hate it another time. | 但别的时候可能会让我讨厌 |
[16:31] | Ok. What you did with the Wendy thing aside, | 好吧 先不提你为温蒂做的事 |
[16:33] | and it’s hard to put it aside, | 而且很难根本不提那件事 |
[16:36] | I’m paying you 1.3, a personal record. | 我准备付你一百三十万 你的个人最高点 |
[16:38] | On top of your other bonus | 再加上你的其他奖金 |
[16:40] | that’s more than a two-ball for this year. | 今年可比赢了两球比赛还要强 |
[16:42] | But that is not a repeatable trick. | 但这以后不会再出现的 |
[16:43] | When we’re here 12 months from now, | 十二个月后我们再坐在这里 |
[16:45] | if you’re not still bodyslamming like… uh… | 如果你不会继续狠狠赚钱[背摔] |
[16:48] | King Kong Bundy… | 像金刚邦迪一样 |
[16:49] | Did you pretend not to remember that | 你是不是想装作不记得 |
[16:50] | to make me feel good? | 来让我好受点 |
[16:52] | Goodbye Mafee. | 再见 玛菲 |
[16:54] | I think… I should not throw out the first number. | 我不该先出价的 |
[16:57] | Because I have a tendency to undervalue myself. | 我总有低估自己的倾向 |
[17:00] | I’d like to make you a PM. | 我想让你成为PM |
[17:02] | Portfolio Manager? | PM是投资组合经理吗 |
[17:03] | I would have gone Prime Minister, | 我本想说国家总理的 |
[17:04] | but there you go, undervaluing. | 你果然低估了自己 |
[17:07] | -And the money…? -Meet the new salary, | -钱呢 -新的薪酬 |
[17:09] | same as the old salary. | 跟以前一样 |
[17:11] | I’m a PM. | 我是投资组合经理了 |
[17:18] | I’ve asked my special counsel, | 我已经问过了我的特殊顾问 |
[17:19] | Bryan Connerty, to sit in. | 布莱恩·康纳蒂 来旁听 |
[17:21] | We meet again, young man. | 又见面了 年轻人 |
[17:23] | The Axelrod case. | 是阿克斯罗德的案子 |
[17:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:26] | That thing was like cleaning out intestines | 这事儿就像吃小肠前的清理一样 |
[17:29] | before you eat ’em, a giant fucking waste of time. | 巨能浪费时间 |
[17:33] | But I’m here to speak of something more concerning. | 但我来是想讲点重要的事 |
[17:36] | It has come to my attention that there are men | 我注意到有男人 也可能是女人 |
[17:39] | and probably women, within the Federal B-I, | 在联邦调查局里工作 |
[17:42] | perhaps even within this very office, | 很可能就是这个办公室里的人 |
[17:44] | who are undermining our sacred purpose. | 正在腐蚀我们神圣的目标 |
[17:46] | -Which is… -I don’t know if it’s | -这是 -我不知道这是不是 |
[17:48] | some Deep State bullshit, | 什么深层国家势力的玩意儿 |
[17:49] | or just some vigilantes who think they know better, | 或者一些自认聪明的自卫队员 |
[17:51] | leaking to the press, and causing | 走漏消息给媒体 或者造成一些 |
[17:53] | Lord knows what other ruckus. | 天知道的骚动 |
[17:54] | I will keep a lookout for what the Lord knows. | 我会一直监视这些秘密的勾当 |
[17:56] | The Lord knows all, madam. Took care of that for you. | 神无所不知 女士 神已经帮你做了 |
[18:00] | As for the rest, I want a hard-target search | 剩下的人 我要做一个终极大搜索 |
[18:02] | of every e-mail, text message, and online footprint | 检查你们每封邮件 短信和上网痕迹 |
[18:05] | so we know who’s trustworthy and who needs to be purged. | 这样我们就知道谁值得信任 谁该被踢 |
[18:09] | I’m just not sure it’s strictly legal for us | 我不确定这是严格合法的 |
[18:11] | to undertake this ourselves, | 我们自己检查自己 |
[18:12] | or if it’s too gray of an area. | 还是这地带非常灰色 |
[18:14] | Maybe it would be best to have a court order first– | 也许先有个法院指令最好 |
[18:16] | We can do it. | 我们可以做到 |
[18:18] | And if you want to stay out of the deep gray, | 如果你不想待在深灰色区域里 |
[18:23] | You know, chart a– a whiter shade of pale. | 绘制一幅苍白的浅影 |
[18:27] | Impressive. | 真厉害 |
[18:28] | All too often I am told of obstacles and regulations | 我已经听到了太多困难和法规了 |
[18:32] | when what I really wanna hear is “Sí, se puede” | 而我真正想听到的是 对 这可行 |
[18:38] | Ira, uh, this is Pete Decker. | 艾拉 这是皮特·德克 |
[18:42] | He’s in the health and conditioning industry. | 他在健康及护理行业工作 |
[18:44] | Is this a bailout? | 这是个紧急援助吗 |
[18:45] | More like an intervention. | 更像是干预 |
[18:48] | Tell him what you told me, Pete. | 跟他讲讲我告诉你的 皮特 |
[18:49] | “The bitch is a booster. The bitch is a born thief.” | 这婊子是个小偷 天生的贼 |
[18:52] | You talking about my wife? You looked into her? | 你是在讲我老婆 你调查过她 |
[18:56] | She needed looking into, so I looked. Go on. | 她该被调查 所以我查了 继续 |
[19:00] | Her business is… well, there is no business. | 她的生意 根本就没有生意 |
[19:04] | Everything you gave her was transferred | 你给她的所有东西都被转给了 |
[19:06] | into the account of her supposed business partner, | 她假想的生意伙伴账户里 |
[19:09] | Anthony Radaelli. | 叫安东尼·拉达埃利 |
[19:11] | I assume they, you know… | 我猜他们 你知道的 |
[19:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:17] | Do right by me, Chuck. | 记得给我回报 查克 |
[19:19] | My middle name. | 我会的 |
[19:24] | I know this is hard to hear. | 我知道这听了会很难过 |
[19:27] | The commercial property | 那个商业地产 |
[19:28] | she told you she plunked down on, | 她告诉你买了的那个 |
[19:29] | that doesn’t exist either. | 也根本不存在 |
[19:32] | But there’s an apartment, | 但有一间公寓 |
[19:36] | a very expensive apartment, | 一间非常昂贵的公寓 |
[19:38] | they’re about to close on. | 他们快要签合同了 |
[19:43] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:49] | You knew. | 你早知道了 |
[19:51] | Yeah. Some. The rest I suspected. | 知道一些 剩下的我在怀疑 |
[19:53] | Oh, boy. To carry that around… | 天天怀着这种心思 |
[19:56] | Fucking kills me. | 会杀了我的 |
[19:59] | But, uh, you know, Chuck, | 但你知道 查克 |
[20:01] | I know you’re only trying to help, | 我知道你只是在帮忙 |
[20:02] | but please stay out of it. | 但请不要干涉 |
[20:03] | It’s, um… | 这是 |
[20:06] | There’s no prenup. | 我们没有婚前协议 |
[20:07] | And New York’s a no-fault state. | 纽约是个无过错也可离婚的州 |
[20:09] | And I’d be halved financially. | 我们的财产会对半分 |
[20:11] | There’s no prenup? | 没有婚前协议 |
[20:14] | Oh, Ira, you’re a fucking lawyer. | 艾拉 你他妈可是个律师 |
[20:17] | For once I didn’t want to be. | 我以前也不想变成这样 |
[20:18] | I wanted to be a romantic. | 我也想温柔浪漫 |
[20:20] | I still do. | 我现在仍然是啊 |
[20:23] | I gave up on a marriage once. | 我曾经放弃过一次婚姻 |
[20:24] | I’ve regretted it every day since. | 自那之后的每一天我都在后悔 |
[20:28] | I’m not giving up this time. | 所以这次我绝不放弃 |
[20:31] | It’ll blow over. | 后悔会渐渐平息的 |
[20:32] | She’s young. It’s a last hurrah. | 她很年轻 那是最后的幸运了 |
[20:35] | You know, she’ll get whatever it is out of her system | 等她做完了她想做的事情后 |
[20:37] | and then… then she’ll come home. | 她就会 就会回家了 |
[21:29] | I really have to watch what I tell you. | 我必须得注意点我告诉你的东西 |
[21:31] | It’s like you’re listening to every word. | 你好像什么都听进去了 |
[21:33] | Especially when you start talking about | 特别是当你开始谈到 |
[21:34] | hiding out in bathtubs. | 如何躲在浴缸里的时候 |
[21:37] | And places that remind you of what that felt like. | 或者其他让你觉得差不多的地方 |
[21:39] | I wasn’t hiding. It’s just that when I was younger | 我没有想藏起来 只是在我小的时候 |
[21:41] | the bathtub was the only place I could go to be alone and think. | 浴缸是唯一能让我独处和思考的地方 |
[21:44] | I’d press myself against the sides so hard | 我会被自己紧紧贴在壁上 |
[21:46] | eventually my legs would go numb. | 直到我的腿渐渐麻木 |
[21:48] | Then I’d start thinking I didn’t have legs, | 然后我就开始想我没有腿 |
[21:50] | and I’d wish for fins. | 我希望自己长出鳍来 |
[21:51] | Because then not fitting in would make more sense. | 那样格格不入才更能说得通 |
[21:54] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[21:55] | I almost feel like a mermaid here. | 我几乎都要觉得自己在里面是个人鱼了 |
[22:04] | Comp didn’t go the way you wanted. | 你对薪酬不满意 |
[22:06] | He said I was off the raise team. | 他说我不在加薪队伍里 |
[22:09] | Is he punishing me for doing exactly what he asked of me? | 他是不是在惩罚我做了他叫我做的事 |
[22:11] | Axe doesn’t punish people. Unless they’ve wronged him. | 阿克斯不惩罚别人 除非他们对不起他 |
[22:13] | Or Lara. Or his kids. | 还有萝拉 他的孩子 |
[22:16] | Or me. | 或者我 |
[22:18] | Or the New York Football Giants. | 或者纽约巨人橄榄球队 |
[22:20] | I won’t stagnate. | 我不会停滞不前 |
[22:22] | Not for Axe. Not for anybody. | 不会为了阿克斯 也不为任何人 |
[22:24] | You know Axe has never changed a comp decision. | 你知道阿克斯从来不会改变薪酬上的决定 |
[22:27] | So I’ve heard. And I might be able to live | 听说了 我或许可以满足于 |
[22:29] | with the number he can live with. | 他给我的数字 |
[22:30] | But what I need is forward momentum, | 但我需要的是前进的势头 |
[22:33] | above all things, even money. | 这比任何事都重要 甚至比钱重要 |
[22:38] | Yes. You do. | 对 确实如此 |
[22:40] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会和他谈的 |
[22:43] | Give me a day. | 给我一天时间 |
[23:00] | Kvankam. | 尽管[世界语] |
[23:01] | Although. | 尽管 |
[23:04] | Pensis. | 思考[世界语] |
[23:05] | Thought. | 思考 |
[23:07] | Comp. | 薪酬 |
[23:08] | Kompenso. | 薪酬[世界语] |
[23:11] | So you’re not here to help me with my Esperanto. | 你不是来帮我学习世界语的 |
[23:13] | I haven’t had my comp meeting scheduled yet. | 我的薪酬会议还没约好时间 |
[23:16] | Must be an oversight. | 肯定是被忘记了 |
[23:18] | Must be. | 肯定的 |
[23:23] | Axe, you remember Ari Spyros. | 阿克斯 你可记得阿里·斯派罗 |
[23:26] | Works down in Compliance. | 负责合规部门 |
[23:28] | Uh. Rings a bell. | 好像有这么一号人 |
[23:29] | But like children of the 1800s, seen and not heard. | 但像旧时的小孩 他最好只见其人不闻其声 |
[23:33] | And not even seen, you know? | 最好其人也不见 懂吧 |
[23:34] | Spyros was concerned that his comp meeting | 斯派罗担心他的薪酬会议 |
[23:36] | wasn’t on the books. | 没被提上日程 |
[23:37] | I am sure it’s an oversight. | 我确定一定是你们忘了 |
[23:40] | Was it an oversight? | 是忘了吗 |
[23:41] | Compliance does not get performance-related comp. | 合规部门没有绩效相关的薪酬 |
[23:44] | – Oh. – Sure. Usually. | -哦 -当然 通常是的 |
[23:46] | But Compliance doesn’t usually turn around a shop overnight. | 合规部门一般不会在一夜之间就拯救一间公司 |
[23:49] | But before I got here this place was dirtier | 但在我来这里之前 这间公司比 |
[23:51] | than the porta potty outside a third-rate donkey show. | 三流色情表演门口的移动厕所还脏 |
[23:55] | Arrests, fines, | 拘捕 罚款 |
[23:57] | investigations up the wazoo. | 到处都是调查 |
[24:00] | And since the Greek Freak has been on the scene– | 但自从我这个希腊大神加入以来 |
[24:03] | You cannot call yourself that. | 你不能这么叫自己 |
[24:05] | There is no bonus for Compliance. | 合规部门是没有奖金的 |
[24:07] | What about the other stuff? | 那其他的呢 |
[24:09] | Extracurricular stuff… | 钱以外的奖励 |
[24:12] | I’m talking about the stuff in Bill’s other garage. | 比如比尔车库里的那种 |
[24:16] | Doesn’t Ari get to wet his beak? | 就不能让我也分一杯羹吗 |
[24:18] | Ohh. I forgot about that… | 看我给全忘了 |
[24:22] | That reminds me of where you were | 我想起来了 |
[24:23] | right before you decided to share that little brainstorm. | 在你给我来这场头脑风暴之前 我就决定了 |
[24:27] | Fired. Halfway out the door. | 你被炒了 一只脚已经在门外了 |
[24:29] | Three quarters. Literally. | 一只半脚 |
[24:31] | Dead to me. | 死人一个 |
[24:32] | No, your comp is getting your job back. | 不 你的薪酬就是还能继续在这里工作 |
[24:35] | Getting to hiss and tinker | 可以继续捣鼓 |
[24:37] | with your little espresso erector set | 你那个玩具咖啡机 |
[24:39] | rather than pick through the Dumpster | 而不是在垃圾堆里 |
[24:41] | for your mangled steam wand. | 找你的蒸汽喷头 |
[24:43] | – I see… – If we were to do | -原来如此 -如果我们来算算 |
[24:44] | a little accounting of how much you meant to Axe Cap, | 你在阿克斯资本的价值 |
[24:47] | we would first have to look at what you cost me | 就得先算算你把温蒂拉下水 |
[24:49] | by turning Wendy in. | 害我损失了多少钱 |
[24:51] | The consequences of your “Chaos grenade.” | 你那颗”浑水摸鱼”炸弹的后果 |
[24:56] | Yeah. To say nothing of the nightmare | 更别说你让她在这件事上 |
[24:58] | that you plunged her into, | 所受的委屈 |
[24:59] | and the unthinkable acts I had to perform | 以及为了摆脱困境 |
[25:02] | in order to set things right. | 我不得不采取的行动 |
[25:04] | I mean dollars and cents alone. | 如果换算成钱 |
[25:06] | The fines, the bonuses, the jet fuel to Nova Scotia, | 罚款 奖金 飞去新斯科舍省的油钱 |
[25:10] | you owe me 1.195 million dollars. | 你还欠我119.5万美金呢 |
[25:15] | You know what? | 好吧 |
[25:16] | I don’t think I need a comp meeting. | 我觉得我不需要薪酬会议 |
[25:18] | My– My base is very generous, | 我的基本工资已经很满意了 |
[25:20] | and I think we should just leave it right there. | 就这样就可以了 |
[25:26] | That was the full Signor Roberto. | 刚才简直就是罗伯托先生 |
[25:29] | “The rent stays like before.” | “房租保持不变” |
[25:32] | Yeah. That’s the first comp meeting | 这是第一个让我觉得有意思的 |
[25:33] | I’ve actually enjoyed. | 薪酬会议 |
[25:35] | You know, I’m tempted to fire | 知道吗 我真想一口气 |
[25:37] | the whole fucking lot of them. | 把他们全炒了 |
[25:38] | Except maybe like two. | 可能就留一两个 |
[25:40] | But someone has got to roll the coins up | 但总得有人卷起袖子 |
[25:42] | into those little sleeves. | 好好赚钱 |
[25:43] | Yeah. Practically all they do. | 对 他们都得这么干 |
[25:45] | Nah, you can’t fire ’em, estro. | 不 你不能炒了他们 |
[25:47] | Right before the raise, it’ll look like panic. | 涨薪之前这么干 会引起恐慌的 |
[25:49] | Like there’s not enough grain to get everyone through the winter. | 就好像没有足够的粮食分给大家度过严冬一样 |
[25:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:52] | So I’m not doing it… | 所以我不炒人了 |
[25:54] | But, you know, when I’m sitting across the table from them | 但当我隔着桌子坐在他们对面 |
[25:56] | and I see their hungry little mouths, | 看着他们那一张张饥饿的小嘴 |
[25:58] | they’re people, sure, my people, | 他们都是员工 还都是我的员工 |
[26:00] | and I love ’em most of the year. | 一年里的大多数时间我都很爱他们 |
[26:02] | But today, all I can see is | 但今天 我只看得见 |
[26:05] | their snapping fucking mouths, | 他们那些叽叽喳喳的嘴巴 |
[26:07] | and instead of wanting to feed ’em, | 我一点也不想喂饱他们 |
[26:09] | I just want to punch their teeth in. | 只想一拳打飞他们的牙齿 |
[26:26] | The rest of them are scared to come in when I’m in here. | 我在这里的时候其他人都不敢进来 |
[26:29] | I clocked you going in about 20 minutes ago, | 我看着表你进来已经二十分钟了 |
[26:32] | I figured this was as close to a Beta state | 我估计这会儿你应该正处在 |
[26:34] | as I’ll ever find you in. | 最温顺的状态 |
[26:38] | What then? | 所以呢 |
[26:38] | You’ve got personnel problems. | 你的人力资源出了问题 |
[26:40] | That’s what they’d all like you to think. | 他们想让你这么以为 |
[26:41] | None of ’em are going anywhere. | 他们哪儿都不会去 |
[26:42] | I’m talking about one person in particular. | 我特指其中一人 |
[26:46] | Taylor is about to get paid the same as James Harden. | 泰勒的薪水赶得上詹姆斯·哈登 |
[26:48] | You think they can’t get by on that? | 你认为他们会活不下去吗 |
[26:49] | It’s not about money. | 不是钱的问题 |
[26:50] | They keep demanding more of it. | 他们不停地要求要更多钱 |
[26:52] | Because you’re not giving them what’s more important than money. | 因为你没有给他们比钱更重要的东西 |
[26:54] | So money is all that’s left. | 所以他们只能要钱 |
[26:55] | Well, I’m about to adopt the official policy | 反正我准备采取美国政府的官方政策 |
[26:58] | of the United States and refuse to negotiate with terrorists. | 拒绝与恐怖分子交涉 |
[27:00] | You know that’s bullshit, right? | 你知道那都是扯淡 对吧 |
[27:01] | Our government negotiates with terrorists all the time. | 我们的政府天天都在跟恐怖分子交涉 |
[27:04] | Pays them with pallets full of hundreds. | 给他们一沓沓的百元大钞 |
[27:06] | But when they’re captured, what breaks them, | 但他们一旦被抓进关塔那摩监狱 |
[27:08] | in places like Gitmo, isn’t overt torture, | 最终让他们服软的 并不是公然的严刑拷打 |
[27:11] | it’s a sense of disenfranchisement | 而是那种被剥夺了权利 |
[27:12] | and purposelessness. | 毫无生存目的的感觉 |
[27:14] | That’s what I’m sowing? | 这就是我制造出的氛围吗 |
[27:18] | Here’s the thing: with someone like Taylor, | 是这样的 泰勒这样的人 |
[27:21] | what they need is forward momentum, | 需要的是前进的势头 |
[27:23] | above all things, even money. | 这比任何事都重要 甚至比钱重要 |
[27:26] | My recommendation: Take them to the raise. | 我的建议是 带他们一起去集资 |
[27:32] | I could say yes. | 我可以说同意 |
[27:34] | Why don’t I want to say yes though? | 但是我为什么不想同意呢 |
[27:36] | Because it’s yet another fucking accommodation. | 因为我又要妥协 |
[27:39] | I got this rich so I could stop making them. | 我赚了那么多钱就是为了不再妥协 |
[27:44] | Gates plays dollar poker. | 盖茨玩一美元的扑克游戏 |
[27:46] | Buffett eats a drive in hamburger every day. | 巴菲特每天开车去买汉堡包吃 |
[27:48] | There’s no amount of money that frees you from being a person, | 有再多的钱你还是要做人 |
[27:51] | from interacting with others. | 还是要跟其他人互动 |
[27:52] | Those guys know that. You know that. | 那些人明白这一点 你也明白 |
[27:54] | It used to be an investment pitch | 以前是别人向你做投资推销 |
[27:56] | entailed them begging you to take their money. | 求你收了他们的钱 |
[27:59] | Now you’ve got to peddle your wares along with everyone else. | 现在换成你去向别人兜售自己的产品 |
[28:02] | Like a fucking door to door Electrolux salesman. | 就像挨家挨户推销伊莱克斯的推销员一样 |
[28:02] | 电器设备制造商 | |
[28:04] | Giving up trading, taking on Grigor, | 放弃交易 拿格里戈尔的钱 |
[28:06] | now paying your people out of your own pocket. | 现在又要自掏腰包付员工的工资 |
[28:08] | It must feel like death by a thousand cuts. | 肯定难受得像千刀万剐一样 |
[28:11] | Yeah. I’m at 999. And I’m sticking. | 是的 我已经挨了999刀 还挺着呢 |
[28:14] | You chose this person for a reason. | 你选这个人是有原因的 |
[28:16] | Beyond their mathematical ability. | 不止是为他们的数学能力 |
[28:18] | Taking on Taylor as a real partner | 把泰勒当作一个真正的合作人 |
[28:20] | isn’t gonna kill you. | 不会要了你的命的 |
[28:22] | It may be the very thing that makes you stronger. | 反而有可能会让你变得更强大 |
[28:39] | The head of TexasSouthCable likes to hire | 德州南部电视的老大喜欢雇用 |
[28:40] | undocumented workers and pay them under the table. | 无合法身份的工人并暗地支付工资 |
[28:43] | Drivers, nannies, landscapers. | 司机 保姆 园丁等 |
[28:45] | But this guy still spends weekends | 但是这家伙经常跟 |
[28:47] | with Jock and his brother, Zeb. | 乔克和他兄弟泽博一起过周末 |
[28:49] | Even if we manage to spook him, | 就算我们能吓住他 |
[28:51] | how can we make sure he doesn’t run to Jock, | 我们怎么能保证他不告诉乔克 |
[28:53] | who then treats us to our own personal My Lai Massacre. | 乔克辉把我们整得像美莱村大屠杀一样惨 |
[28:53] | 越南南方村庄 1966年美军在此进行大屠杀 | |
[28:56] | The bloodshed and the cover-up. | 我们流血牺牲 他却能掩人耳目 |
[28:58] | That would be obstruction of justice. | 那就成了妨碍司法公正 |
[29:00] | Yes. Yes, it would. | 没错 的确会 |
[29:01] | But that would not deter Jock in the slightest. | 但即使这样也完全不会阻止乔克犯罪 |
[29:04] | He recognizes no legal or moral authority, | 他根本不承认法律或道德的权威 |
[29:06] | no justice but his own. | 也不认正义 只认自己的权威 |
[29:07] | Keep looking for someone lower down: | 继续找 要找个级别更低的人 |
[29:09] | someone with the goods | 可以爆料的人 |
[29:09] | but without Jock in their speed dial. | 但是不能跟乔克很熟 |
[29:12] | We can’t let him get word and stop our investigation | 可不能让他听到消息 否则我们的调查 |
[29:14] | before it starts. | 还没开始就要被他扼杀了 |
[29:23] | What are we drinking? | 我们要喝什么 |
[29:26] | That is a complicated question here. | 这家点东西好复杂 |
[29:31] | Bring me the closest thing you have | 给我一杯最接近卡萨米格龙舌兰的酒 |
[29:32] | to a Casamigos on the rocks. | 要加冰 |
[29:34] | Make that two. And don’t judge us for it. | 我也要一杯 不可以瞧不起我们 |
[29:40] | So, you were right, my kid does need help. | 你是对的 我儿子确实需要帮助 |
[29:43] | He doesn’t talk much, but when he does, | 他基本不说话 他说话的时候 |
[29:45] | I don’t love the way it sounds. | 我也不喜欢那种语气 |
[29:47] | I could give you the names | 如果你需要的话 |
[29:49] | of a couple of good people if you want. | 我可以给你推荐几个很好的医生 |
[29:53] | But right now it’s time to help your husband. | 但是现在需要帮助的是你丈夫 |
[29:56] | Ex, I mean. | 应该是前夫 |
[29:58] | Not easy to get used to. | 不太容易改口 |
[30:00] | No. | 没错 |
[30:02] | With what? | 什么事 |
[30:04] | Here you go. | 酒来了 |
[30:05] | You know what time of year it is. | 你知道的 每年的那个时候又到了 |
[30:10] | Right, comp… | 对了 该谈薪酬了 |
[30:12] | You were his secret weapon. | 你是他的秘密武器 |
[30:15] | He gave me that much credit? | 他这么看重我吗 |
[30:17] | I know you went through everybody with him. | 我知道你们会把每个人的情况过一遍 |
[30:19] | Told him when he was being too soft– | 你会告诉他 他哪里给的太多 |
[30:21] | When he was being an asshole. | 或者太混蛋给得太少了 |
[30:22] | He needs that. | 他需要这种帮助 |
[30:24] | Without it, without… you, | 没有这种帮助 没有你 |
[30:28] | I think he’s gonna make some big mistakes. | 我怕他会犯严重的错误 |
[30:30] | Then he’s gonna make some big mistakes. | 那就让他犯严重的错误吧 |
[30:32] | He doesn’t want to hear that stuff from me anymore. | 他不想再听我说的话了 |
[30:34] | I’m sorry. I’m not asking you as his wife or his ex, | 抱歉 我找你不是因为你是他的妻子或前妻 |
[30:37] | I’m asking you as the largest single investor | 我找你是因为你是阿克斯资本 |
[30:40] | in Axe Capital. | 最大的投资人 |
[30:42] | You’re gonna want to do it for your own sake. | 为了你自己 你也要去帮他 |
[30:56] | Hey… You’re not supposed | 你不是应该明天 |
[30:58] | to get the kids back until tomorrow. | 把孩子们接回去吗 |
[31:00] | They’re sleeping. | 他们在睡觉 |
[31:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:02] | Then fucking talk to me. | 那跟我谈谈吧 |
[31:04] | What are you thinking about comp? | 关于薪酬你有什么想法 |
[31:07] | C’mon. My money’s at stake, too. | 拜托 那也是我的钱 |
[31:09] | Yeah. I’m taking care of your money. | 没错 我在管理你的钱 |
[31:11] | I’m taking care of everything. | 我在管理一切 |
[31:12] | You taking care of Taylor, too? | 那你把泰勒也管好了 |
[31:15] | Wow. Wendy. Good move, | 温蒂 这招不错 |
[31:17] | well, she’s earning her money. | 给她的工资没白花 |
[31:19] | And so is Taylor. | 泰勒也物有所值 |
[31:20] | Aren’t they. | 是不是 |
[31:30] | Are you ever coming to bed? | 你还要上床睡觉吗 |
[31:32] | I could try to sleep, but I know I won’t. | 我可以试着入睡 但我知道自己睡不着 |
[31:35] | I didn’t want to keep you up. | 我也不想让你睡不成觉 |
[31:37] | I seem to have done that anyway. | 不过好像还是把你弄醒了 |
[31:42] | Jock? | 乔克的事 |
[31:43] | Yeah. It’s that. Sure. | 是的 没错 |
[31:46] | But more than that, it’s still Ira. | 但更要紧的是艾拉的事 |
[31:50] | I could be bounded in a nutshell | 若不是因为我总做恶梦 |
[31:51] | and count myself a king of infinite space, | 那么即使把我关在一个果核里 |
[31:55] | were it not that I have bad dreams. | 我也会把自己当作无限空间之王 |
[31:57] | You’ve reached Shakespearean levels of insomnia. | 你失眠还能上升到莎士比亚的层次 |
[32:00] | It’s disorder in the house. | 他的家里出了问题 |
[32:04] | Ira is the brother I chose. | 艾拉就像我选的兄弟一样 |
[32:07] | And this rift between us, | 我们之间的裂痕 |
[32:08] | however he fought back, I caused it. | 无论他怎么反击 都是我造成的 |
[32:11] | I used him as an instrument, not thinking, | 我把他当作工具来利用 没有想 |
[32:13] | not caring what I was taking from him. | 也没有在意我从他那里夺走了什么 |
[32:17] | And I know, deep down, if I were back there, | 我心里很清楚 如果回到过去 |
[32:19] | I would do it again. | 我还会再做一次 |
[32:22] | Every bit of this makes me feel like a… | 所有的这一切都让我觉得我是一个 |
[32:25] | – Shit heel. – Indeed. | -大混蛋 -没错 |
[32:30] | But now that Ira’s in jeopardy, | 但是现在艾拉有麻烦了 |
[32:33] | I have a chance to put things right. | 我现在有个解决麻烦的机会 |
[32:36] | To rescue him. To be a hero. | 你想救他 想做英雄 |
[32:40] | If I pull it off, and make him well, | 如果我成功地帮他解决了问题 |
[32:42] | does the reason really matter? | 原因真的重要吗 |
[32:49] | Why can’t you give Taylor what they want? | 你就不能给泰勒他们想要的吗 |
[32:51] | Because it’s too much. | 因为他们要求的太多了 |
[32:53] | And what they want can’t be given. | 他们的要求我们满足不了 |
[32:54] | It needs to be taken. | 他们想要就自己来拿 |
[32:56] | And what would you do if they tried to take it? | 那如果他们想要来拿你会怎么做 |
[32:58] | Cut ’em down like I was Connor MacLeod. | 我会像康纳·麦克劳德一样把他们解决掉 |
[33:02] | What does it say | 为什么你喜欢一天到晚 |
[33:02] | that you always have to quote the damn Highlander? | 引用《高地人》里面的话呢 |
[33:05] | That I spent some time watching cable TV alone in high school. | 因为我高中一个人花了一些时间看有线电视 |
[33:08] | And that I have pristine taste in movies, | 即使是在那时候 |
[33:10] | even back then. | 我也喜欢这种原始风味的电影 |
[33:12] | Or, that you see every single challenge | 或者说你把每一个挑战 |
[33:14] | as a life or death contest | 都视为生死之战 |
[33:16] | to see who’s gonna lose their head. | 想看看最后是谁的头被砍掉了 |
[33:18] | Well, kind of is from where I stand. | 就我的地位来说差不多吧 |
[33:20] | You really think I should give Taylor what they want? | 你真的觉得我应该满足泰勒的要求吗 |
[33:23] | I think you should convince Taylor that you’re partners. | 我觉得你应该让泰勒相信你们是伙伴 |
[33:25] | I’m kind of surprised that you’re taking their side. | 我很惊讶你居然站在他们那边 |
[33:27] | You and I are on the exact same side. | 你和我是同一边的 |
[33:30] | They are on the other. | 他们才是另一边 |
[33:32] | But I want them happy and earning. | 但我想让他们高兴 同时赚到钱 |
[33:34] | Well, yeah. Me too. | 嗯 我也是 |
[33:36] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[33:39] | ‘Cause you know how to keep somebody, | 因为你很懂怎么拉拢别人 |
[33:42] | and how to drive them the fuck away– | 也懂怎么把别人推开 |
[33:43] | I know some people bail– | 我知道有些人弃船逃跑了 |
[33:45] | We’re talking about Taylor. | 我们在说泰勒 |
[33:48] | – If you want Taylor gone — I don’t want them gone. | -如果你希望泰勒离开 -我不希望他们走 |
[33:51] | So then give them more than what you want, | 那就给他们比你预期的多一些 |
[33:52] | even if it’s less than what they want. | 即使还达不到他们的要求 |
[33:55] | Quickly. | 快一些 |
[33:58] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[34:01] | You’re always right about this stuff. | 这种事上你总是对的 |
[34:04] | I’m right about a ton of stuff. | 很多事上我都是对的 |
[34:06] | Not just this. | 不止是这种事 |
[34:11] | Thanks for coming over. | 谢谢你能过来 |
[34:41] | Stay. | 留下来 |
[34:43] | C’mon, Bobby. | 得了吧 波比 |
[34:45] | We’re not gonna get sloppy, are we? | 我们不该藕断丝连 对吧 |
[34:49] | No, I guess not. | 不该 |
[34:59] | I’ll pick up the kids tomorrow. | 我明天来接孩子 |
[35:01] | Like the lawyers agreed. | 就像律师说好的那样 |
[35:42] | Let’s settle this. | 让我们把事情定下来 |
[35:43] | You’re a valued part of this place. | 你对于这里很重要 |
[35:46] | You’ve been effective in every meeting | 只要你不打定主意破坏会议 |
[35:47] | you weren’t deliberately trying to sabotage. | 每一次开会你都贡献非凡 |
[35:49] | Thank you. And about the 50 million. | 谢谢 那五千万呢 |
[35:51] | You can have half that. | 你能得一半 |
[35:53] | I’ve never come up that far, never paid that much. | 我从来没有支付这么多的钱 |
[35:58] | Now, okay, I know it’s not exactly what you want. | 我知道这还不符合你想要的 |
[36:00] | But I’ve been giving it some thought, | 但我认真思考了一下 |
[36:02] | and I realize that what you really need | 然后我意识到你真正需要的是 |
[36:04] | is… forward momentum, | 前进的动力 |
[36:06] | above all things, even money… | 胜过一切 即使是金钱 |
[36:08] | So I’m putting you on the raise team. | 所以我会让你进入集资小组 |
[36:11] | Fuckin’ A. Onward and upward. | 棒极了 奋斗向上 |
[36:14] | There’s gonna be 30 bil on the table, | 我们一共有三百亿 |
[36:16] | get ready to help me haul it outta there. | 帮我好好利用这笔钱 |
[36:18] | Oh, I am ready. | 我已经准备好了 |
[36:25] | Well, you may be the one person here | 你在这里的每一天 |
[36:26] | who actually earns her bonus | 都尽忠尽职 |
[36:28] | every single day on the job. | 值得给你加奖金 |
[36:31] | You saw Lara. | 你见了萝拉 |
[36:32] | Because you did. | 因为你为我做的一切 |
[36:34] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢 |
[36:36] | And for all of it. | 谢谢你做的所有事 |
[36:38] | Your Ice Juice profits, listed under someone else’s account, | 你赚的冰果汁的钱 之前放在别人的账目下 |
[36:41] | they’ve been put back under your name. | 已经转回你名下了 |
[36:44] | And I doubled it. | 我给你加倍了 |
[36:45] | So you can take your comp meeting off the books, | 这就不算在明面上的薪酬里了 |
[36:48] | you just had it. | 你拿着就行 |
[37:02] | He’s in the library, waiting and stewing. | 他在图书馆等 很焦躁不安 |
[37:04] | – Good. – You didn’t open it. | -很好 -你没打开盒子 |
[37:06] | Yeah. I meant to, then I got… | 我想 但是我得… |
[37:07] | Oh, no, you gotta open it. | 你得先打开 |
[37:18] | Oh, you are so right. | 这真棒 |
[37:23] | I won’t wear it ’til we’ve got him. Bad luck. | 搞定他之前我不会戴的 运气不好 |
[37:26] | But once we do, yes, | 但搞定了之后 我就戴上 |
[37:29] | it’s gonna be like Chris LeDoux came back to life in here. | 戴着肯定像克里斯·勒杜本人一样 |
[37:34] | Can’t wait to see it. | 我都等不及想看了 |
[37:37] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[37:45] | Anthony Radaelli. | 安东尼·拉达埃利 |
[37:48] | It’s not quite what I pictured, | 这和我想的不太一样 |
[37:50] | but I guess she has a type. | 但我想她就喜欢这种类型的 |
[37:52] | Who does? | 你在说谁 |
[37:53] | Uh, Taiga, of course. | 当然是泰嘉 |
[37:55] | Oh. So that’s what this is about? | 所以和她有什么关系 |
[37:58] | Mm. She is a key figure in this story. | 她是这件事的重要人物 |
[38:01] | In your story. | 你的事 |
[38:02] | But not for long. No, because you are gonna | 但不会很久 |
[38:05] | give her back all of her money, | 因为你会把钱还给她 |
[38:07] | really her husband’s money. | 事实上是她丈夫的钱 |
[38:08] | And then fuck off whence you came. | 然后滚回你来的地方 |
[38:10] | Yeah. That’s not gonna happen. | 不会那样发展的 |
[38:12] | Taiga and I, we’re a good fit. | 我和泰嘉非常合拍 |
[38:14] | I know. You were seeing her before Ira. | 我知道 你觉得她比艾拉重要 |
[38:17] | Before her last boyfriend, too. | 也觉得自己比她前男友重要 |
[38:19] | You just keep popping up in her life, suddenly | 你不停地出现在她的生活里 |
[38:22] | when things are going well for her. | 在她一切顺利的时候突然出现 |
[38:24] | You’re like that James Woods character in Casino. | 就像詹姆斯·伍兹在《赌城风云》的角色一样 |
[38:28] | Come to think of it, maybe just like James Woods. | 仔细想想 可能就像詹姆斯·伍兹一样 |
[38:30] | Anyway, perhaps you think you’re soul mates, | 不管怎样 如果你觉得你们是灵魂伴侣 |
[38:33] | maybe it’s a scam. Either way, | 可能那是个骗局 |
[38:34] | you’re gonna forget she ever existed. | 无论如何 你会忘了她 |
[38:36] | Or I will summon the full power of my office | 否则我会动用我办公室的一切力量 |
[38:39] | to erase any and all meaning from your life. | 抹杀掉你生命所有的意义 |
[38:43] | Mm. You wouldn’t use your job like that. | 你不会那样滥用职权的 |
[38:55] | Uh, do you know the expression Federal Case? | 你知道小题大做的那句话吗 |
[38:59] | As in, “Hey, bub, don’t make a federal case out of it”? | 就是”小弟弟 别当成联邦案件小题大做了” |
[39:02] | – I guess. Yeah. – Yeah. Reason people say it is: | -知道 -人们之所以那么说 |
[39:04] | because a federal case | 因为联邦案件 |
[39:05] | is the worst fucking thing there is. | 是最糟糕的案件了 |
[39:08] | State crimes, city violations, | 国家犯罪 城市暴行 |
[39:11] | those can be defended, mitigated, fought. | 这些案件可以辩护 减罪 辩论 |
[39:13] | Yeah. And even if you do get convicted, | 即使你真的犯了 |
[39:16] | you probably only serve a fraction of the time given, | 但可能只会入狱一部分时间 |
[39:19] | then you get off for good behavior, | 然后因为表现良好而被释放 |
[39:21] | you get parole, | 你会得到假释 |
[39:22] | maybe you never even have to go | 或许监狱已经人满为患 |
[39:24] | ’cause the jails are too crowded. | 你就可以不用去坐牢了 |
[39:26] | So you stay at home with a bracelet on your ankle, | 所以你就戴着脚链待在家里 |
[39:29] | and you spend your day trying to convince | 费劲心思试图让 |
[39:31] | the pizza delivery girl to give you a blowjob. | 送披萨的小姑娘给你口一发 |
[39:34] | But, you see, there are no blowjobs | 但是 如果变成联邦案件的话 |
[39:37] | in a federal case. | 可没人帮你口了 |
[39:40] | Mm. Our conviction rate is 97 percent. | 我们的定罪率在97%左右 |
[39:44] | And there is no parole, either. | 这可没办法假释 |
[39:46] | So you do the full time. | 那你就要坐牢 |
[39:48] | And that time is almost always | 这正好是检察官 |
[39:49] | exactly what the prosecutor, what I, recommend. | 也就是我建议的 |
[39:53] | So I say to you, Anthony: | 我这么告诉你吧 安东尼 |
[39:56] | Don’t make this a federal case. | 别把这件事升级成联邦案件 |
[40:01] | Ah, Jesus. | 天呐 |
[40:03] | Oh, and whatever I do to you, | 还有 不管你把钱给了谁 |
[40:05] | I can do to anyone you gave any of that money to, | 我可以像对待你一样 对待那些人 |
[40:08] | like your family. | 比如你的家人 |
[40:10] | I really should take a closer look at them. | 我真的应该好好看着他们 |
[40:12] | You’re a real son of a bitch. | 你真是个贱人 |
[40:13] | Oh. A lot of people hate me. | 恨我的人多了去了 |
[40:15] | Tell him why they hate me, Karl. | 告诉他那些人为什么恨我 卡尔 |
[40:17] | You’re a real son of a bitch. | 你是个贱人 |
[40:18] | I am. | 没错 |
[40:19] | Especially when you’ve fucked with someone I care about. | 而且你还了我关心的人 |
[40:26] | Go away. | 滚蛋 |
[40:39] | That was fun. | 真有趣 |
[40:41] | Just like how Janet Reno and I used to run it. | 跟之前的珍妮特·雷诺和我一样 |
[40:43] | You think he’ll really disappear? | 你觉得他真的会消失吗 |
[40:45] | Like a fart in the wind on the Ponderosa. | 像个屁一样随风飘散 |
[40:49] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[40:55] | How goes your data scrape? | 数据找到了吗 |
[40:57] | I met with IT, explained the sensitivity. | 我跟IT的人见过了 给他们解释了事情的敏感性 |
[41:00] | I’ve established a series of searches | 我做了几个可以秘密搜索 |
[41:02] | I can discreetly run on agents’ messages. | 探员信息的搜索程序 |
[41:04] | If anything pings, I can widen out the search. | 如果接收到任何消息 我就可以删除搜索 |
[41:06] | I’m sure the AG will eat that up with a camping spoon. | 我确定司法部长会非常满意 |
[41:09] | Maybe even put a letter in your file. | 甚至在你的文件里放入一封信 |
[41:11] | Isn’t that why you made your move? | 这不就是你这么做的原因吗 |
[41:13] | To help rebuild your rep. | 为了重建你的名声 |
[41:15] | Maybe I did it to shield you. | 或许我这么做是为了保护你 |
[41:17] | So it wouldn’t be your ass on the line. | 为了让你得以保全 |
[41:19] | Uh-huh. Either way, | 不管怎么说 |
[41:20] | don’t be too zealous in finding wrongdoing here. | 别再这么挑刺了 |
[41:23] | Jock’s perch is many miles away. | 乔克还天高皇帝远呢 |
[41:25] | But the people in this building, | 但是这幢大楼里的人 |
[41:27] | you gotta live with them every day. | 你可天天都要和他们相处 |
[41:33] | My boy, my boy, my prodigal boy. | 浪子 浪子啊 |
[41:38] | What more can I do for you? | 我能为你做点什么 |
[41:42] | I’d like to use your apartment. | 我想借用一下你的公寓 |
[41:45] | I know that Mom is in Palm Beach | 我知道老妈现在在棕榈滩 |
[41:47] | and I need some privacy. | 我需要一点私人空间 |
[41:50] | You also had to know I’d ask why, so… | 你也知道我会问你为什么 所以 |
[41:54] | out with it. | 直说吧 |
[41:56] | I need a private place to meet with a young woman. | 我想有个私人空间 我要和一名年轻女性见面 |
[42:01] | I appreciate that you’re smart enough | 我很欣慰 你很聪明 |
[42:03] | not to take this to a hotel, | 没有带她出去开房 |
[42:05] | it’s too public. | 那就太显眼了 |
[42:06] | Even with things being the way they’ve been between us, | 即使我们俩之间发生了这样那样的事情 |
[42:11] | I’m proud you know you can always come to me. | 你知道你可以随时来找我 我很骄傲 |
[42:15] | It’s not really like that, Dad. | 并不是这样的 父亲 |
[42:16] | I’ve always said: | 我经常说 |
[42:17] | Monogamy is a form of socialism. | 一夫一妻制是社会主义的表现 |
[42:20] | It’s testosterone redistribution | 这是对男性性激素的重新分配 |
[42:22] | so a few bucks don’t keep all the does to themselves. | 很少有人能坚持这一点 |
[42:25] | I’m doing this for Ira. | 我这么做是为了艾拉 |
[42:28] | I’m taking care of something | 我在帮他照看某些 |
[42:30] | that he can’t take care of himself. | 他无力照看的事物 |
[42:33] | So it’s not concupiscence, it’s menschkeit. | 这和性欲无关 而是出于道义 |
[42:37] | I’m even prouder. | 我更骄傲了 |
[42:40] | When is she due? | 她什么时候来 |
[42:42] | Hour or so. | 一个小时左右吧 |
[42:43] | I could stay, | 我可以留下来 |
[42:44] | in an advisory capacity– | 为你们解决问题 |
[42:46] | No. No. | 不了 不了 |
[42:47] | Thank you, Dad, no, um, I just need the space. | 谢谢你 老爸 不了 我只是需要一点空间 |
[42:51] | Mm-hmm. | 好吧 |
[42:56] | Taiga, I don’t know you very well. | 泰嘉 我不是很了解你 |
[42:59] | I didn’t try to get to know you, | 是我没有试着了解你 |
[43:01] | and that’s on me. | 这是我的错 |
[43:02] | Perhaps I thought Ira would move on to someone more– | 或许我觉得艾拉应该结交一些更 |
[43:04] | Substantial? | 可靠的人 |
[43:07] | Closer to his age bracket. | 跟他年级相仿的人 |
[43:11] | So I’m at a bit of a loss whether to appeal | 所以你对我有了一点 |
[43:13] | to your decency, your vanity, your avarice… | 无礼 虚荣 贪得无厌 |
[43:18] | or just to your fear center. | 或者说你太焦虑 |
[43:22] | Please. | 拜托 |
[43:24] | Anthony returned the money, | 安东尼还了钱 |
[43:26] | even got back the deposit on that apartment. | 甚至把那栋公寓的订金还给你了 |
[43:28] | And now he’s gone. | 现在他走了 |
[43:30] | – You chased him off. – I did. | 你把他赶走了 -没错 |
[43:32] | And I can’t say that you were wrong. | 我不能说你这么做是错的 |
[43:34] | I’m embarrassed and ashamed and, yes, | 我很尴尬 很羞耻 没错 |
[43:37] | I am afraid of whatever you’re gonna do next. | 我害怕你接下来的举动 |
[43:39] | So congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[43:41] | Your fucked up tactics fucked me up. | 你的乱搞策略彻底把我搞乱了 |
[43:49] | This is a postnuptial agreement. | 这是婚后协议 |
[43:52] | It entitles you to 50,000 dollars | 上面写明了 婚姻期间 |
[43:54] | for every year you stay in the marriage. | 你每年可以获得五万美金 |
[43:58] | Which means, all told, you’ll be walking away | 也就是说 你会带着 |
[44:00] | with 50,000 dollars. | 五万美金离开 |
[44:04] | You don’t need to read it. | 你不用看了 |
[44:05] | I may play dirty, but I don’t deal dirty. | 我会使阴招 但是做交易的时候不会 |
[44:07] | Just sign it, take it to Ira, | 你只要签字 把它交给艾拉 |
[44:10] | and then tell him that you’re leaving, | 然后告诉他你要走了 |
[44:13] | but that you wanted to do it with integrity. | 但是你想光明正大地离开 |
[44:34] | I liked him. | 我喜欢他 |
[44:38] | And I really did try to love him. | 我也尝试过爱他 |
[44:40] | Try harder. | 你还不够努力 |
[44:44] | – Dad– – You give a marriage seven years | -爸 -你要先度过七年婚姻时光 |
[44:45] | before you even entertain | 才能动生出 |
[44:47] | – the notion of a divorce. – Dad. | -离婚的念头 -爸 |
[44:48] | From the day the Dorsey Brothers showed | 从道尔西兄弟发掘 |
[44:50] | that Presley boy swiveling his hips, | 猫王扭胯的那一天开始 |
[44:52] | there’s been a slow but steady erosion of the family. | 家庭就在逐渐分崩离析 |
[44:56] | Well, here is how you keep one going: | 你应该这样维持婚姻 |
[44:58] | You find a group of friends better than you, | 找一群比你优秀的朋友们 |
[45:00] | find one worse, | 找到一个不如你的 |
[45:02] | bitch about them to each other, | 在他们之间挑拨离间 |
[45:04] | and then when you’re all bitched out, | 等你都挑拨完了 |
[45:06] | run ten miles a day. | 就开始每天跑十英里 |
[45:08] | Take your birth control pills and flush them; | 把你的避孕药冲进下水道 |
[45:11] | and make that kid your project together. | 生下孩子 当成项目来做 |
[45:15] | And if Ira doesn’t know how to fuck you, | 如果艾拉不知道怎么干你 |
[45:18] | you teach him. | 教他 |
[45:19] | Okay. Yeah. | 好吧 可以了 |
[45:21] | I’m not done. One more thing: | 我还没说完 还有一件事 |
[45:23] | give yourself the lime test. | 做做酸橙实验 |
[45:24] | You stick your finger in lime juice and put it up inside. | 把你的手指 放入酸橙汁中浸泡 |
[45:27] | And if it stings, get yourself cleaned out. | 如果感到刺痛 就把自己清理干净 |
[45:30] | Do not bring the clap home to your husband; | 别把淋病带回去传染给你丈夫了 |
[45:34] | it’s uncivil. | 那可不文明 |
[45:47] | That’s what you meant by “Advisor”? | 这就是你所谓的做咨询 |
[45:49] | Ira doesn’t want or need another divorce. | 艾拉不想也不需要再离婚一次了 |
[45:53] | He needs a wife who’s broken in. | 他需要一个能适应他的妻子 |
[45:55] | And since he can’t break her, I’ll do it for him. | 既然他没法让她适应 那我就帮他一把 |
[46:00] | This is what’s gonna make him happy. | 这是让他高兴的方式 |
[46:04] | And that’s what you want, right, son? | 也是你想要的 不是吗 儿子 |
[46:12] | I’ve missed you, Dad. | 想你了 爸 |
[46:22] | Normally we go over your legal bill on the phone. | 通常我们都在电话里讨论账单 |
[46:25] | To avoid… you know. | 来避免 你懂的 |
[46:28] | After today, I don’t think I’m gonna be writing | 今天之后 我得有一阵不会再开 |
[46:30] | any fat checks for a while. | 大额支票了 |
[46:32] | Plus, this year’s tab, | 再说 今年的账单 |
[46:34] | you outdid yourself. Record-setting. | 你给高了 破纪录了 |
[46:36] | I knocked 30 percent off the hours before I even sent it to you. | 我报给你之前都降了百分之三十了 |
[46:39] | Sure. Of course you did, | 当然 我信 |
[46:40] | because you inflated ’em in the first place. | 因为你一开始先抬高了 |
[46:42] | Ten million fucking dollars– | 要他妈一千万 |
[46:44] | You’re gonna haggle with me, | 你还讨价还价 |
[46:46] | after the victory I delivered? | 我都给你打赢了官司 |
[46:47] | You delivered it? | 你打赢的 |
[46:49] | I seem to remember you encouraging me | 我怎么记得你鼓励我 |
[46:50] | to tuck tail and take a plea. | 夹着尾巴认罪 |
[46:53] | Leaving me to figure out how to work miracles. | 让我自己想办法创造奇迹 |
[46:55] | How much do you want to fucking pay? | 那你到底想付多少 |
[46:57] | Not a penny over nine million. | 九百万 一分钱都不能多 |
[46:59] | – You’re doing this over a million dollars– – Mm. | -你就为了一百万 -对 |
[47:01] | – A number that doesn’t mean jack shit to you, | -这数目对你来说算个屁 |
[47:03] | but would mean the world | 但对于我公司和几十个同事 |
[47:05] | to my firm and the dozen associates | 是天壤之别 |
[47:07] | who worked all-nighters on your fucking case. | 大家为了你那破案子废寝忘食 |
[47:10] | And yet you push and push. | 你还不停地给压力 |
[47:12] | Most people pick their spots. | 大多数人都怨声载道 |
[47:13] | -Well, I pick every spot. -Of course. | -我每个地方都要求精益求精 -当然 |
[47:15] | You can’t just engage, you’ve got to compete, | 你不能只是参与 你要竞争 |
[47:18] | you can’t merely compete, you’ve got to win, | 不仅仅竞争 你还要赢 |
[47:20] | and a win isn’t a win unless it’s a kill. | 而且除非绝杀 不然称不上赢 |
[47:25] | You want the fucking nine million or not? | 你还想不想要那九百万了 |
[47:27] | Fine. Send it. | 好吧 寄来 |
[47:30] | See ya soon. | 回头见 |
[47:35] | There. | 来了 |
[47:36] | Ah. Look at that porterhouse. | 看看这丁骨 |
[47:38] | Dynamic duo. | 完美组合 |
[47:39] | Filet for me. | 腓力给我 |
[47:40] | Strip for this guy. | 纽约客给这位 |
[47:44] | Lovely. Thank you. | 很棒 谢谢 |
[48:04] | Salt? | 不加盐 |
[48:05] | Doesn’t need it. | 不需要 |
[48:09] | Three days seeing you in a row, Ira. I like this new streak. | 连续三天都见着你了 我喜欢这新走向 |
[48:12] | And I’m in better spirits than when we last spoke. | 而且我比上次见面精神更好了 |
[48:14] | Mm-hmm? | 怎么了 |
[48:16] | Taiga came home. | 泰嘉回家了 |
[48:17] | Did she? | 是吗 |
[48:18] | With the money. | 带着钱 |
[48:20] | And a postnup. | 以及婚后协议 |
[48:21] | Well, you were right. It all blew over. | 你是对的 都搞定了 |
[48:24] | She just needed to get it out of her system. | 她只需要忘掉这些就好了 |
[48:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:34] | It’s funny, | 挺有意思的 |
[48:36] | the thing I was most afraid of, | 我最害怕的事情 |
[48:37] | the thing that haunted me in the middle of the night, | 半夜都还深受困扰 |
[48:39] | was Taiga finding some other guy. | 就是泰嘉会跟了别人 |
[48:43] | Thought it would absolutely end me. | 觉得肯定会让我奔溃 |
[48:45] | But the strange gift in all this mishegas, | 但这堆疯事给了我一个奇特的收获 |
[48:48] | what it taught me. | 教会我 |
[48:51] | sometimes the worst thing happening isn’t so bad. | 有时候最糟糕的事发生了也没那么糟 |
[48:55] | I’m not saying I would have willed this on purpose, | 我不是说我故意想要这些发生 |
[48:58] | but… do I sound crazy? | 只不过 我是不是在胡言乱语 |
[49:01] | No. On the contrary. | 不是 相反 |
[49:04] | Very wise, my friend. | 很有道理 朋友 |
[49:07] | Very wise. | 很有道理 |
[49:15] | Sacker, get us a meeting with the state Attorney General, | 塞克 给我安排跟州检察长 |
[49:17] | Alvin Epstein. | 阿尔文·艾普斯坦的见面 |
[49:26] | What’s the total? | 总值多少 |
[49:28] | Same as last year. | 跟去年一样 |
[49:42] | To the raise. | 为集资干杯 |
[49:49] | Next year, when you’ve got 30 billion under management, | 明年 当你能调动300亿资金的时候 |
[49:52] | you’re gonna look back fondly | 回想今天你会高兴地发现 |
[49:53] | on how little you paid today. | 你付出的成本有多低 |
[49:57] | Actually I still have one comp meeting left. | 其实我还有一个薪酬没谈 |
[50:02] | Is it mine? I bet it’s mine. | 是我吗 我猜说的是我 |
[50:04] | It is. I know it’s been a strange year for you, | 是的 我知道这一年对你来说挺奇特的 |
[50:07] | serving different masters, almost losing me… | 为不同的老板做事 差点失去我 |
[50:09] | Don’t take me back there. | 别让我回忆这些了 |
[50:10] | But through it all, you have been | 但是经历过这些 你已经是 |
[50:11] | the bulwark that Axe Cap needs. | 阿克斯资本所需要的壁垒了 |
[50:13] | And so for this, I have a special present. | 因此 我准备了一个特别的礼物 |
[50:17] | That’s more like it. | 这还差不多 |
[50:18] | Reach behind the couch. | 瞧瞧沙发背后 |
[50:30] | Oh, it brings me back to childhood. | 简直带我回到了童年 |
[50:32] | All the high-end nudity | 所有高档的裸体画像都在 |
[50:34] | of a cadged Playboy, | 一本《花花公子》里 |
[50:36] | but with sophistication, | 讨来的 却带着高雅 |
[50:38] | and that certain je ne sais quoi of the French. | 还有那种法式的妙不可言 |
[50:44] | Oh, and your bonus is the age you were | 你第一次发现这个杂志时多少岁 |
[50:46] | when you first discovered that magazine. | 你的奖金就是多少 |
[50:48] | Pains me to take from your personal vault… | 要从你的个人私库里拿 我有点心疼 |
[50:51] | but nine million feels good. | 不过九百万让人感觉不错 |
[50:56] | Where did you find these? | 你从哪找的这些 |
[51:01] | I can’t believe you kept all of Dad’s crap. | 简直不敢相信你保存了爸所有这些垃圾 |
[51:03] | Yeah, well, at first I thought he was coming back. | 一开始我觉得他会回来 |
[51:06] | And then I was afraid he’d come back. | 接着我又担心他会回来 |
[51:08] | Then when I realized he wasn’t… | 等我意识到他不会回来了 |
[51:09] | I thought it’d be petty to toss everything. | 把所有东西扔了又显得我很在意 |
[51:11] | So I didn’t want to give him that power. | 我不想让他有这种影响力 |
[51:13] | Yeah? So you asserted yourself… | 是吗 所以你花了三十四年 |
[51:16] | by spending 34 years storing and toting all his stuff. | 通过储存和搬运他的东西来表达自己的坚持 |
[51:22] | Your father was your first great enemy. | 你父亲是你的第一个劲敌 |
[51:24] | Yeah, well, if you abandon your kid, that’s what you get. | 没错 那就是抛弃孩子的下场 |
[51:31] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[51:34] | You know, you hated him long before that. | 你是明白的 在那之前很久你就开始恨他了 |
[51:38] | The way you used to take the fight to each other. | 你们两个互相斗争的方式 |
[51:42] | I used to like the way you were such a fighter. | 我曾喜欢你斗士般的样子 |
[51:45] | I’ll admit that I didn’t love when you tried | 可我必须承认 |
[51:46] | to take the fight to me, though. | 我不太喜欢你想要跟我斗 |
[51:48] | That was a fucking mistake. | 那确实是个错误 |
[51:51] | I maybe should have told you | 可能在你小时候 |
[51:52] | not to talk like that when you were a kid. | 我就应该告诉你别那样讲话 |
[51:54] | I think I still would have. | 我觉得我还是会保持原样 |
[51:56] | Sure. But you also would have had a little voice | 当然 但你身后也会有个微弱的声音 |
[51:59] | in the back of your head telling you not to. | 告诉你不要那样 |
[52:03] | Do you have that voice? | 你能听到那个声音吗 |
[52:05] | At all? | 哪怕是一点 |
[52:22] | So, come on. Where? | 拜托 在哪里 |
[52:25] | Just came across them. | 只是偶然遇到的 |
[52:43] | Oliver. Solid whiskers. | 奥利弗 络腮胡子真浓 |
[52:46] | Gets me into the professorial mindset. | 这能带给我学者的思维 |
[52:50] | You enjoying the teaching? | 你享受教学工作吗 |
[52:53] | When you know the practice is that different | 当你知道实践与 |
[52:55] | from the letter and the spirit… | 文字和精神是不一样的时 |
[52:57] | You feel like you’re lying to them. | 你觉得自己在欺骗他们 |
[52:59] | Telling the truth is worse. | 讲实话更糟糕 |
[53:00] | We don’t need lawyers pre-jaded. | 我们不需要律师早早失望 |
[53:04] | At least the, uh– | 至少 |
[53:05] | the wife is happy to have me home. | 我能回家让我太太很高兴 |
[53:09] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[53:14] | So… | 那么 |
[53:16] | What I couldn’t say on the phone… | 我在电话上不能说的是 |
[53:17] | there is an FBI agent I know who did an opp for Chuck. | 有一位联调局探员对查克进行了调查 |
[53:22] | Off the books. | 私下进行的 |
[53:24] | The agent told you about it? | 那位探员跟你说的 |
[53:25] | Mnh-mnh. Found another way in. | 不是 通过其他渠道 |
[53:29] | I don’t know where this ends, | 我不知道最终会指向哪里 |
[53:30] | but I have a start. | 但我有一个方向 |
[53:32] | You’re trying to convince me to help you go after Chuck. | 你想说服我帮你去搞查克 |
[53:35] | No. I’m giving you a chance to convince me. | 不 我在给你机会说服我 |
[53:39] | Why’d you let yourself get led astray? | 你为什么会让自己误入歧途 |
[53:42] | Why’d you protect Chuck? | 你为什么要保护查克 |
[53:44] | Why did you? | 那你为什么要保护他 |
[53:45] | I believed in him. | 我曾经信任他 |
[53:49] | I didn’t believe in myself. | 我那时不相信自己 |
[53:52] | But I believe he must be stopped. | 但我相信他必须被阻止 |
[54:04] | You said you had the cloak | 你说你有斗篷 |
[54:06] | and wanted me to provide the dagger. | 然后要我提供匕首 |
[54:10] | No idea what that means, but it got me here. | 我不知道那是什么意思 但我来了 |
[54:14] | I want you to launch an investigation | 我要你开始调查 |
[54:15] | into Jock Jeffcoat’s brother | 乔克·杰夫科特的哥哥 |
[54:18] | and TexasSouthCable. | 和德州南部电视 |
[54:19] | Based on what. | 基于什么 |
[54:21] | Based on this. | 基于这个 |
[54:25] | This is Ashley Cutler. | 这是阿希里·卡特勒 |
[54:31] | This is unusable. Weak witness. | 这个没法用 证人无说服力 |
[54:34] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[54:36] | So no actual deployable evidence. | 所以没有实际可展开的证据 |
[54:39] | None to speak of. No. | 目前没有 |
[54:43] | We know that our witness, Mr. Cutler, | 我们知道我们的证人卡特勒 |
[54:45] | isn’t strong enough to win Case A, | 对于A案不够有说服力 |
[54:48] | but we’re not trying to win Case A. | 但我们不是要赢得A案 |
[54:50] | No. We’re gonna get Jock on trying to stop it. | 不 我们想让乔克出手阻止 |
[54:55] | So, in the end, | 所以 最终 |
[54:56] | the case you’ll be bringing is: obstruction of justice. | 你要处理的案子是 妨碍司法 |
[54:59] | Against the Attorney General of the United States. | 被告是美国司法部长 |
[55:02] | Right now you’re just | 而现在你只是 |
[55:04] | the Attorney General of New York state, Mr. Epstein. | 纽约州总检察长 艾普斯坦先生 |
[55:06] | But to be the man you gotta beat the man. | 但想要上位 你得先击败那个人 |
[55:09] | After you topple someone of Jock’s stature… | 在你打击乔克的声望后 |
[55:11] | you’ll be the motherfucking man. | 你就会成为最厉害的人 |
[55:16] | Nothing makes me feel so alive | 没有什么比把头放进老虎的嘴 |
[55:17] | as putting my head in a tiger’s mouth. | 更让我能感受到生命力了 |
[55:20] | Right up until the moment | 直到老虎 |
[55:22] | the tiger snaps his jaws shut. | 把嘴合上那一刻 |
[55:24] | But we will be there with chairs and whips at the ready. | 但我们会准备好凳子和鞭子 |
[55:28] | You sure he’ll come? | 你确定他会来 |
[55:29] | The three of us, we’ll cause him to. | 有我们三个 我们会做到的 |
[55:32] | I was sweating over the worst possible thing | 我曾忧虑过 |
[55:35] | that could happen, | 最糟糕的状况会发生 |
[55:36] | which was Jock finding out what I’ve been up to | 就是乔克发现了我的行动 |
[55:38] | and stopping it. | 并试图阻止我 |
[55:39] | And then I realized… | 然后我意识到 |
[55:43] | what if the worst thing did happen? | 如果真的出现了最糟的状况 |
[55:46] | What if we made it so? | 要是我们让它发生呢 |
[55:48] | Rather than worry about Jock obstructing, | 与其担心乔克会阻止 |
[55:50] | we’re gonna invite it. Bait it. | 我们会请他来阻止 引诱他 |
[55:53] | Your part is simple. | 你的任务很简单 |
[55:54] | Proceed as usual. | 照常进行 |
[55:55] | Try to keep everything a secret. | 努力守住秘密 |
[55:59] | – The great impossibility. – Right. | -伟大的不可能 -没错 |
[56:01] | And once Jock knows you’re coming for his brother, | 一旦乔克知道你们要查他哥哥 |
[56:03] | he will realize that eventually it will come back to him. | 他就会知道最终会查到他自己 |
[56:06] | And before he can let that happen– | 而在他任凭其发生前 |
[56:08] | He’ll try to get to Cutler, | 他会去找卡特勒 |
[56:09] | to shut him up and shut it all down. | 让他闭嘴并停止一切 |
[56:11] | And that’s what we’ll get him on. | 这正是我们想让他去做的 |
[56:36] | It’s ready. | 准备好了 |
[56:37] | It’s fucking ready. Don’t tell me it’s not ready. | 已经准备好了 别跟我说还没准备好 |
[56:41] | It’s ready. | 准备好了 |
[56:42] | It’s like a Trident missile in launch mode. | 这就像发射模式下的三叉戟导弹 |
[56:44] | You sell Axe on deploying this, | 你说服阿克斯来部署这个 |
[56:45] | he becomes state of the art. | 他就会成为最尖端的科技 |
[56:47] | He takes human decision making, | 他将人类的决策 |
[56:48] | that fallibility, out of the game. | 和易错性完全踢出局 |
[56:50] | And he starts moving in micro-seconds. | 而他会开始拥有微秒级别的决策速度 |
[56:55] | We go live in a week. Good work. | 我们一周后上线 做得好 |
[57:23] | It looks like you’re ready to get into business. | 看起来你准备好谈正事了 |
[57:25] | I need a meeting with your boss, Grigor Andolov. | 我需要跟你老板格里戈尔·安德洛夫会面 |