时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Your son. The gay one. | 你的儿子 同性恋的那个 |
[00:09] | You sent him to that religious boot camp | 你把他送去宗教训练营 |
[00:11] | to pray the gay away. | 希望借祈祷让他变直 |
[00:13] | Sweeney quit. | 斯威尼退出了 |
[00:14] | Out of the race before it even began, | 竞选还没开始就退出了 |
[00:17] | on the heels of your visit. | 就在你找他之后 |
[00:20] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[00:22] | Will you make me governor? | 你会让我当上州长吗 |
[00:25] | His unwillingness to lie… | 他不愿撒谎 |
[00:27] | His great, big, sweet heart. | 性情体贴又正直 |
[00:29] | I can use them. | 我可以加以利用 |
[00:32] | Oldest trick in the book. | 最老套的手段 |
[00:34] | And if I grant this request… | 如果我答应了你这个请求 |
[00:36] | There is nothing you can ask me that I’ll refuse you | 那以后你对我有什么请求 |
[00:39] | for the rest of our days. | 我都没有办法拒绝 |
[00:41] | We’re dismissing the indictment. | 我们撤诉 |
[00:44] | Are you out of danger, too. | 你也安全了吗 |
[00:46] | That I am. | 是的 |
[00:48] | Now, Mr. Connerty, as the Axelrod matter is done, | 康纳蒂先生 既然阿克斯罗德的案子结束了 |
[00:50] | you are free to go back to the barn. | 你可以回马厩了 |
[00:52] | Go back to Southern? | 回到南区吗 |
[00:54] | Be good to have you back, Bryan. | 有你回来正好 布莱恩 |
[00:57] | I really wanted to put on a show for you tonight. | 我今晚本想打扮好跟你来一场的 |
[01:02] | It felt like we should… | 我觉得我们应该做的 |
[01:25] | I felt like I was actually floating… | 今天早晨我跑步的时候 |
[01:29] | this morning when I went running. | 我觉得自己漂了起来 |
[01:30] | Who the hell am I to actually even go for a morning run? | 我这种人怎么能去晨跑呢 |
[01:33] | While I was sleeping in! | 而且是趁我睡懒觉的时候 |
[01:34] | You were sleeping like a bear cub when I left. | 我走的时候你睡得像个小熊崽 |
[01:36] | I was. | 确实 |
[01:37] | Well, the sleep of the free. | 无忧无虑的睡眠 |
[01:43] | Now, prepare yourself. | 现在 准备好 |
[01:46] | I have something… | 我做了一些 |
[01:49] | very special planned. | 精心的准备 |
[01:51] | And you have earned it. In every way. | 无论如何 这都是你应得的 |
[01:56] | I have, indeed. | 确实 |
[01:58] | I was very good at being bad. | 做坏事我特别拿手 |
[02:02] | And you are about to pay for all of it. | 你要为此付出代价 |
[02:05] | I hope that’s a promise. | 希望这是个承诺 |
[02:09] | And now address me as mistress, | 现在称呼我”女主人” |
[02:13] | if you address me at all. | 如果你称呼我的话 |
[02:18] | Yes, Mistress. | 是的 女主人 |
[02:22] | They left me no choice. | 他们逼我的 |
[02:25] | Said they were going to destroy my business, my life. | 他们说要毁了我的生意 我的生活 |
[02:28] | I don’t think we used those words, exactly. | 我觉得我们好像没用那些词 |
[02:33] | Fuck it, Jack. | 管它呢 杰克 |
[02:33] | She got the message, as we intended. | 她听懂了我们想表达的讯息 |
[02:37] | People usually do. | 人们一般都能听懂 |
[02:40] | It’s like we have a gift. | 我们好像很有天赋 |
[02:42] | Enough. | 够了 |
[02:44] | Enough. Get to it. | 够了 你们想怎么样 |
[02:46] | Whatever the fuck it is. | 有话直说就是了 |
[02:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:55] | I’m leaving, too. | 我也走了 |
[02:56] | No. Stay a while. | 不 待一会 |
[02:59] | Get comfortable. “Mistress.” | 放松点 “女主人” |
[03:06] | Why don’t you take that coat off, ‘ey? | 你还是把外套脱了吧 |
[03:08] | It’s hot in here– | 这里挺热的 |
[03:10] | Don’t you dare talk to her like that. | 你敢跟她这么说话 |
[03:12] | Just trying to lighten the mood, sonny. | 缓和一下气氛而已 儿子 |
[03:15] | No. You’re not. You’re gloating. | 不 你没有 你是幸灾乐祸 |
[03:17] | It’s nothing so arch as that. | 没有开你玩笑的意思 |
[03:20] | This is, um… this is an object lesson. | 这算是一节示范课 |
[03:24] | And as you know, | 你们也知道 |
[03:26] | people learn much better | 人们在情绪激动的情况下 |
[03:28] | when heightened emotions accompany the instruction. | 跟着引导学习的效果会好很多 |
[03:35] | It’s time to put away childish enthusiasms. | 是时候把幼稚的爱好收起来 |
[03:40] | Now, what you do at home, it’s your business. | 你们在家怎么玩 是你们自己的事情 |
[03:45] | But this, with a third party, | 而这个 涉及到第三方 |
[03:48] | who we just showed could be compromised– | 我们也证实了她会出卖你们 |
[03:53] | a candidate for governor simply cannot do it. | 州长候选人绝对不能做这样的事 |
[03:57] | You didn’t do this so we would have cellular memory. | 你们这么做不是为了让我们长记性的 |
[04:00] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[04:03] | You did it ’cause it’s your kink. | 这么做是因为能满足你们阴暗的心理 |
[04:04] | Oh, you think we give into our appetites | 你以为我们像你们那样 |
[04:08] | as easily as you do yours? | 轻易向自己的兴趣妥协 |
[04:10] | Careful, Black Jack. | 小心点 黑杰克 |
[04:11] | She might give ya a crack across the ass. | 她没准会把你屁股打开花 |
[04:13] | Get to it. | 有屁快放 |
[04:15] | Time is now, Chuck. | 是时候了 查克 |
[04:17] | You need to start raising money. Staffing up. | 你要开始募资 招兵买马 |
[04:20] | So we have arranged for you to meet with Joe Scolari, | 我们已经安排了你跟乔·斯科拉里见面 |
[04:23] | our man in Albany. | 他是我们在奥尔巴尼的人 |
[04:25] | He will be running your organization. | 他会负责打理你的团队 |
[04:31] | All of this will make our plans quite public. | 这些都会让我们的计划暴露于大庭广众之下 |
[04:35] | And a sitting United States Attorney | 不能让人看出来 |
[04:37] | cannot be seen to be coveting higher public office. | 现任的联邦检察官觊觎更高的官职 |
[04:40] | That’s why you need to resign | 这也正是你要辞掉 |
[04:43] | as United States Attorney. | 联邦检察官的原因 |
[04:47] | Right away. | 马上辞 |
[04:48] | To announce your intention to run. | 宣布你竞选的意愿 |
[04:59] | I’m not saying you can’t run. | 我不是说你不能竞选 |
[05:02] | I’ve been listening for three hours. | 我都听了三个小时了 |
[05:03] | And that’s an awful lot what it sounds like. | 听上去基本就是这个意思 |
[05:05] | I’m saying you can’t run like this. | 我是说你不能就这么去竞选 |
[05:09] | If you want to be governor, that’s what I want, too. | 如果你想当州长 我也想 |
[05:13] | But only if you could do it as you want. | 但前提是你可以按你的想法竞选 |
[05:15] | Not as those two old men want. | 而不是按那两个老家伙的意愿 |
[05:16] | And right now they’re setting this thing up | 现在他们两个布好了局 |
[05:18] | to operate you like a puppet. | 把你弄得像个木偶 |
[05:23] | That’s what’s bothering you? | 这是你担心的原因吗 |
[05:25] | What else? | 还有别的吗 |
[05:27] | Guilt, Wendy. | 罪恶感 温蒂 |
[05:29] | We had a narrow escape. | 我们刚经历九死一生 |
[05:32] | Or we seemed to for a fleeting moment. | 我们感受到了一瞬逃脱的快感 |
[05:34] | And seeing those two ‘old men’ shook you. | 跟这两个”老家伙”的见面动摇了你 |
[05:40] | Made you feel exposed again. | 让你感觉又暴露在危险中了 |
[05:44] | It might’ve. | 可能吧 |
[05:48] | – The things we did… – Had to do. | -我们所做的 -不做不行 |
[05:51] | Had to do. | 不做不行 |
[05:55] | But yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[05:58] | Blood will have blood. | 血债血还 |
[06:01] | Maybe this is the time to step back and deal with that | 也许是时候后退一步把问题处理好 |
[06:05] | instead of charging ahead– | 而不是继续向前 |
[06:06] | No, ma’am. | 不 |
[06:08] | The only way is to swallow that guilt and move forward. | 只有一条路 吞噬罪恶感并且勇往直前 |
[06:12] | Otherwise that guilt will swallow us. | 否则 罪恶感就会把你吞噬掉 |
[06:17] | And with the governorship, | 而且当上了州长 |
[06:19] | we can do enough good, for enough people– | 我们就能为更多的人做更多的好事 |
[06:21] | Not if you’re enacting Jack Foley’s agenda | 你要是按照杰克·富利的安排 |
[06:23] | of favor trading and patronage. | 就只能做人情买卖 接受赞助了 |
[06:25] | He’s setting you up to be his lapdog. | 他要把你培养成他的哈巴狗 |
[06:27] | He just showed us he will snap that leash | 他刚刚就是向我们宣示了 |
[06:29] | whenever he feels like it. | 他随时都能抽你一鞭子 |
[06:32] | I won’t live that way. | 我不愿那样生活 |
[06:35] | I got to get the kids going. | 我得去送孩子了 |
[06:39] | But hear this: if you’re moving forward, | 但是听好 如果你想向前 |
[06:42] | you gotta reverse the power dynamic. | 就要扭转权力格局 |
[06:44] | Not easy. | 做起来难 |
[06:45] | No. | 对 |
[06:47] | But Foley’s hurt a lot of people. | 但是富利伤害了很多人 |
[06:51] | Find one. | 找一个出来 |
[06:53] | Use one. | 好好利用 |
[06:55] | Get back on top. | 翻身做主 |
[07:04] | Good news people, | 告诉大家一个好消息 |
[07:05] | thanks to our strategy coming into focus | 由于我们在过去的几周里 |
[07:06] | over the past few weeks, the main fund is up. | 采取了清晰的策略 主基金上涨了 |
[07:10] | As our friend Wags might say: up like his morning wood. | 用我们的朋友瓦格斯的话说 如晨勃般坚挺 |
[07:14] | Yes! | 是的 |
[07:15] | Up like his blood pressure on Cialis… | 像吃了西力士之后飙升的血压 |
[07:17] | Amen! Up like the– | 说得对 就像 |
[07:19] | Bo-bby! Bo-bby! Bo-bby! | 鲍比 鲍比 鲍比 |
[08:02] | Welcome back. | 欢迎归来 |
[08:03] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢谢 哥们 |
[08:08] | O Captain! My Captain! | 哦 船长 我的船长 |
[08:10] | Our fearful trip is done… | 我们可怕的航程已终了 |
[08:14] | Get down from there. | 你给我下来 |
[08:22] | First. | 首先 |
[08:23] | Let’s all tip our hats to Taylor, | 让我们向泰勒致敬 |
[08:26] | who outperformed the benchmarks by a half point in my absence. | 在我不在的时间里 跑赢了半个点 |
[08:29] | No mean feat… | 非常不容易 |
[08:33] | But, I’m not gonna waste time now that I got the con back. | 既然我已经无罪了 就不浪费时间了 |
[08:38] | I have been thinking about this moment | 自从我放弃交易那一刻起 |
[08:40] | since the second I gave up trading: | 我就一直想着这一刻 |
[08:42] | Clear the board. | 清空交易板 |
[08:45] | Unwind all current positions. | 放开现有持仓 |
[08:46] | We will rebuild a new book. | 我们要建一个新账 |
[08:48] | All new positions will be run through me. | 所有新的仓位都由我来经手 |
[08:55] | Taylor, frag the quant experiment too. | 泰勒 量化试验也叫停吧 |
[08:58] | But, Axe, we’ve made some good plays lately | 但是 阿克斯 我们最近有些不错的交易 |
[09:00] | and some of them are ready to pay out. | 而且一部分已经快有收益了 |
[09:02] | This is true. | 这是事实 |
[09:03] | Guys, I hear you. | 同志们 我明白 |
[09:05] | All the same: fresh start. | 还是那句话 崭新的开始 |
[09:18] | And all is right with the world again… | 这世界又都恢复正常了 |
[09:21] | You know what The Beatles did | 你们知道披头士乐队 |
[09:23] | when they got back to England | 结束第一次美国旋风式巡演 |
[09:24] | after their first whirlwind tour of America? | 回到英国之后做了什么吗 |
[09:27] | I imagine they all went to their doctor | 我估计他们都去医生那 |
[09:28] | and got a shot of penicillin in their dicks. | 给命根子打了针青霉素 |
[09:31] | Yeah. Sure. But after that– | 确实 但那之后 |
[09:33] | They recorded their next album. | 他们录了新专辑 |
[09:35] | That they did. One every six months, in fact. | 是的 事实上每六个月录一张 |
[09:38] | So instead of basking in their victory, | 他们没有躺在胜利上睡大觉 |
[09:39] | they consolidated it. | 而是巩固了胜利 |
[09:41] | They were young. | 他们当时很年轻 |
[09:41] | And there was only upside in pressing their advantage. | 保持优势只有好处没有坏处 |
[09:44] | There is always only upside in pressing your advantage. | 任何时候保持优势都是有好处的 |
[09:46] | That’s the whole point of having an advantage to press. | 这就是保持优势的意义所在 |
[09:49] | Which we finally do. | 也是我们最终做到的 |
[09:50] | So we’re getting out our selling shoes? | 所以我们不用只出不进了 |
[09:52] | Going on a raise. | 开始集资 |
[09:53] | We’re doing a massive cap raise. | 我们要做一个大规模的资金募集 |
[09:55] | And quickly. Twenty bill within six months. | 而且要快 六个月内集200亿 |
[09:58] | But we position ourselves as the buyer. | 但是我们要把自己定位为买家 |
[10:01] | We make them beg us to take their money. | 我们要让他们求着我们拿他们的钱 |
[10:03] | Just like we did back in 2015. | 就像我们2015年那样 |
[10:05] | This isn’t then. | 今非昔比 |
[10:07] | That’s not a very Wendy thing to say… | 这话说得太不是你的风格了 |
[10:10] | – But accurate. – Look. | -但是很准确 -听着 |
[10:12] | This will be good for all of us. Especially you, Taylor. | 这对我们都好 尤其是你 泰勒 |
[10:15] | You’ve never been on a raise. | 你从来没有募集过资金 |
[10:16] | This is the other half of the job. | 这是你的另一半工作职责 |
[10:19] | And the results that we’ve generated are the seeds. | 我们集资的结果就是种子 |
[10:21] | And the horseshit we will spew is the fertilizer. | 我们喷出来的狗屎就是肥料 |
[10:23] | Horseshit works. | 狗屎也是有用的 |
[10:24] | But it doesn’t get rid of the weeds. | 但是它除不掉杂草 |
[10:27] | By which you mean our recent history. | 你是说我们最近的黑历史 |
[10:29] | Our legal troubles. All of which are in the past. | 我们的法务问题 这些都是过去式了 |
[10:32] | I’m saying if I were on the other side of the table, | 我只是说 如果我是对方 |
[10:33] | I’d have questions. And reservations. | 我会有疑问 还会有所保留 |
[10:36] | Where’s the rah rah shit to counter this? | 我该怎么反驳 |
[10:38] | I’m not sure that’s what’s required. | 我不确定我们需要反驳 |
[10:41] | Taylor, when you come with us, | 泰勒 如果你跟我们一起 |
[10:43] | you will see that this man parries those questions | 你能看到这个人像范多伦一样 |
[10:46] | like Charles Van Doren. | 回避这些问题 |
[10:47] | Van Doren was fed the answers. | 范多伦的答案都是别人编好的 |
[10:49] | But he got the money. As will we. | 但是他拿到了钱 我们也会的 |
[10:52] | And that’s all that matters. | 这才是最重要的 |
[10:54] | I’ll get you the old pitch books. | 我把老的投标书拿给你 |
[10:55] | You can work from there on new stuff. | 你先看看 再做本新的 |
[11:04] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[11:05] | Mostly. | 还行吧 |
[11:08] | Not really. | 不怎么好 |
[11:10] | I think I need to use your guys to deal with something. | 我需要你的人帮我处理一些问题 |
[11:13] | Can you tell me why? | 能告诉我为什么吗 |
[11:14] | If you need me to, I will. | 如果你问我的话 我会告诉你 |
[11:15] | But I’d prefer to keep it to myself. | 但是我更想保守秘密 |
[11:18] | It involves family. | 这件事跟家庭有关 |
[11:20] | Yes. Absolutely. | 好的 没问题 |
[11:22] | I’ll get them to give what you need. | 我让他们帮你准备好 |
[11:23] | But it’s not “them” anymore. Hall’s back. | 但已经用不到”他们”了 哈尔回来了 |
[11:48] | Hi. | 你好 |
[11:57] | Have to go. | 我该走了 |
[12:02] | You’re in here now. | 这里是你的了 |
[12:11] | So, you don’t have server access yet. | 目前你还没有服务器访问权限 |
[12:13] | Your authorization’s underway. | 我们正在走流程 |
[12:17] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该做些什么 |
[12:19] | Await instructions. | 等指示 |
[12:20] | Chuck will be with you shortly. | 查克马上就来 |
[12:40] | I love owning the Flemish school, | 我喜欢收藏弗拉芒画派的作品 |
[12:42] | but it is tough to hang in a PoMo townhouse. | 但是这些画不好挂在波莫联排别墅里 |
[12:47] | My wife says the Dutch Masters | 我妻子说荷兰油画大师 |
[12:49] | don’t go with the De Sede couch. | 跟瑞士真皮沙发不搭 |
[12:51] | She’s young. | 她还年轻 |
[12:52] | She is indeed… | 的确年轻 |
[12:54] | Look, Bobby, now that we’re together, | 听着 波比 既然我们都在这 |
[12:56] | let me congratulate you in person. | 让我好好祝贺你一下 |
[12:58] | I hope you got the bottle of Armand de Brignac. | 你应该收到了那瓶黑桃A香槟吧 |
[13:01] | I did. Thanks. | 收到了 谢谢 |
[13:02] | I always knew you were falsely charged. | 我一直知道你是被诬告了 |
[13:05] | I hope you know I was doing everything I could | 希望你知道我在内部 |
[13:07] | from the inside. | 尽我所能在帮你 |
[13:08] | Of course. I felt you. | 当然 我感觉到了 |
[13:10] | Score one for the good guys. | 好人队再加一份 |
[13:12] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:13] | Well. | 好了 |
[13:15] | So, get to it. | 快说正事吧 |
[13:18] | Well, you know I’m committed to my government post. | 你也知道我很看重自己在政府机关的官职 |
[13:20] | The sense of service. | 想要服务大众 |
[13:22] | The good I’m doing for the country | 我作为财政部长 |
[13:24] | as the Secretary of the Treasury– | 对这个国家所做的贡献 |
[13:26] | We’re all sleeping a lot better | 知道有你在监管整个市场 |
[13:27] | knowing you’re watching over the markets– | 我们都安稳多了 |
[13:29] | But, I do like to keep an eye peeled for opportunities. | 但是 我确实也想寻找机会 |
[13:36] | In this case? | 具体一点说 |
[13:38] | Natural gas. | 天然气 |
[13:40] | You know regulation has been strangling the sector. | 制度已经把这个行业限制死了 |
[13:44] | You know something different? | 你有什么不同的见解吗 |
[13:45] | I know many, many things | 我知道不少消息 |
[13:47] | thanks to my proximity to the FERC. | 多亏了我跟能源管制委员会的关系 |
[13:49] | But what I need | 但是我需要 |
[13:52] | is someone who can act on the information. | 旁人根据这些消息来运作 |
[13:58] | Todd, I would never trade | 托德 我从来不用 |
[14:01] | on privileged, non-public information. | 特权和非公开的信息做交易 |
[14:03] | And I hope whatever audio or video recording devices | 我希望不管现在你用了什么 |
[14:06] | running in here right now | 录像或录音设备 |
[14:07] | have me saying that loud and clear. | 都能清楚地录下我说的话 |
[14:10] | You’ve got it wrong. | 你误解我了 |
[14:12] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[14:13] | Look, I just got out of the government’s fucking web. | 听着 我才刚刚脱离政府重点关注名单 |
[14:15] | I’m not walking back into it thanks to you. | 我不能因为你再塔进去 |
[14:17] | I knew you’d be reluctant to trust me. | 我知道你不愿意信任我 |
[14:19] | That you would need some sort of proof of my intent. | 你需要一些证据来证明我的意图 |
[14:26] | Security Bank of Grand Cayman. | 开曼群岛安全银行 |
[14:28] | This is the bank– one of them– | 这是还保留着 |
[14:30] | where I still have my offshore accounts. | 我海外银行账户的银行之一 |
[14:32] | DC doesn’t know about it, of course. | 特区里没人知道这件事 |
[14:34] | Nor do they know that I’m telling you | 他们也不会知道我会告诉你 |
[14:37] | that the EPA is about to rescind a certain regulation | 环境安全署将要废除一项规定 |
[14:40] | that will prop up the entire natural gas space. | 整个天然气行业将焕发生机 |
[14:48] | I’ll give you the details. | 我之后再告诉你细节 |
[14:50] | Take the account information and give me my piece in crypto. | 用这个账户信息 换成数字货币给我分润 |
[15:04] | I’ll see you soon, Bobby. | 再见 鲍比 |
[15:11] | Kate, | 凯特 |
[15:12] | can you at least tell me when Chuck’s gonna see me? | 起码告诉我查克到底什么时候才能见我 |
[15:29] | The success of your campaign | 你竞选成功 |
[15:30] | is of the utmost importance to us… | 对我们来说至关重要 |
[15:33] | We will steer personnel. | 我们会负责工作人员 |
[15:35] | The hiring of: a campaign manager, | 不管是招聘竞选经理 |
[15:37] | a head of comms, a body person– | 还是通讯主管 保安人员 |
[15:40] | Do I have any say in this? | 我有任何话语权吗 |
[15:43] | The success of your campaign | 你竞选成功 |
[15:46] | is of the utmost importance… | 对我们来说至关重要 |
[15:49] | I can see how effective that must be. | 我能看出来那有多重要 |
[15:51] | But before you go on, let me say | 在你继续之前 我想说 |
[15:55] | that I’m ready to follow your collective lead. | 我准备好接受你的集体领导了 |
[15:58] | I’m willing not merely to stoop to conquer, | 我不仅愿意卑尊屈膝 |
[16:00] | I will breaststroke through offal to do it. | 我愿意受尽一切屈辱 夺取胜利 |
[16:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:07] | So to get things started, | 为了正式打响竞选 |
[16:09] | you’ll announce from an event at your home | 几天后 你需要在你家里的晚宴上 |
[16:11] | in the next few days. | 宣布参选 |
[16:13] | Trot the wife and kids out in front of the cameras. | 把妻子和孩子们带到镜头前 |
[16:15] | And time it with your resignation. | 选择恰当的时机宣布辞职 |
[16:22] | So, you say I’m looking good downstate. | 你说我在州南部人气不错 |
[16:24] | And the rest? | 其他的呢 |
[16:25] | Well, Bob Sweeney, in Buffalo. | 布法罗的鲍勃·斯威尼 |
[16:28] | I know you two have had your problems– | 我知道你们俩之间有过节 |
[16:30] | capped off by that wicked J-Block you put on him. | 最后以你使出绝佳的肩部阻挡告终 |
[16:35] | That a political term? | 这是个政治名词吗 |
[16:36] | Roller derby. | 轮滑比赛的专用词 |
[16:37] | I was a fan growing up. | 我小时候喜欢滑轮 |
[16:40] | Big, strong women in fishnets, you know? | 一群穿着渔网袜的高壮女人 你知道吗 |
[16:44] | Oh, I do. Yeah. | 我知道 |
[16:49] | Anyway…you need Buffalo now, | 总之 你现在要赢下布法罗 |
[16:53] | which means you need Bob Sweeney. | 也就是说你需要鲍勃·斯威尼 |
[16:56] | You need to make it right, bring him into the fold. | 你需要冰释前嫌 让他加入 |
[16:59] | You think Foley could help grease the skids with him | 你觉得富利会帮忙润滑一下和他的关系吗 |
[17:01] | – for me? – Nah. | -为了我 -不 |
[17:04] | Foley tossed Sweeney aside when you became favorite son | 你成为新宠之后 富利就把斯威尼扔到一边 |
[17:08] | and he feels burned. | 他觉得很愤怒 |
[17:12] | That’s gonna be on you… | 他会算在你头上 |
[17:18] | For you. | 给你的 |
[17:20] | You’ll look good in it up in Hudson on weekends. | 你周末开着它来哈德森一定很帅 |
[17:23] | It’s not for sale. | 这个不卖 |
[17:25] | Oh, everything’s for sale. | 没什么是不卖的 |
[17:26] | – I’m not that easy to buy off. – I’m not trying to. | -我可没有这么好收买 -我也没想收买你 |
[17:29] | I just thought you could use a little love. | 我只是觉得你需要一点关爱 |
[17:31] | You did a lot of good work under tough conditions. | 你在艰难的环境下做得非常好 |
[17:33] | This is not about ego. | 这跟自尊无关 |
[17:35] | It’s about acting rationally. Logically. | 我们做事需要理性 有逻辑 |
[17:37] | Like my quant project, for instance. | 比如说我的量化项目 |
[17:39] | I’d really like to keep them on until– | 我真的很想继续维护 直到 |
[17:39] | Broom them, like I told you. | 关掉这些项目 我告诉过你了 |
[17:41] | You cleared the entirety of our positions– | 你清空了我们整个仓位 |
[17:43] | our successful, money-making positions– | 我们成功的 赚钱的仓位 |
[17:45] | right before asking people to trust you with outside money. | 就在你请别人信任你 为你投资之前 |
[17:47] | Won’t that look like erratic behavior? | 别人不会觉得这种行为很古怪吗 |
[17:49] | No, it’ll look like we’re putting our best foot forward. | 不 他们会知道我们走出了最伟大的一步 |
[17:52] | And you’re getting paid, so you shouldn’t worry about it. | 你还有钱拿 所以你没什么好担心的 |
[17:54] | Forget the car. | 这辆车就算了 |
[17:58] | I want my own book. | 我想要独立的账户 |
[17:59] | A billion dollars. To manage, unencumbered. | 一百万 自己管理 不受阻碍 |
[18:01] | You took your ball back. | 你拿回了自己的东西 |
[18:03] | Give me something of my own. | 给我一些真正属于我的 |
[18:06] | Fine. Done… | 好的 成交 |
[18:09] | So you don’t want the car? Let’s go. | 你不想要车吗 那我们走吧 |
[18:11] | No. | 不 |
[18:16] | I’ll take that, too. | 车我也要了 |
[18:22] | Thank you for seeing me, Mayor Sweeney. | 谢谢你愿意见我 斯威尼市长 |
[18:30] | What now, Chuck? | 又怎么了 查克 |
[18:32] | You already turned me into political roadkill. | 我已经成为你从政道路上的牺牲品 |
[18:35] | You here to back over me now? | 你现在想来落井下石吗 |
[18:37] | Not like that. I’m here to move forward. | 不是 我是来携手共进 |
[18:40] | To salve the wounds of the past. | 来抚慰旧伤 |
[18:50] | You want my support now. | 你现在想要我的支持了 |
[18:53] | Of course. | 准没错 |
[18:55] | Timing makes sense. | 时机说明一切 |
[18:57] | Well, know this: since Foley turned away from me, | 你得明白 富利抛弃我后 |
[19:00] | my future has…dimmed. | 我的未来已渺茫 |
[19:03] | I’m a crippled mayor with no route upward. | 我就是一个毫无希望的废市长 |
[19:05] | Let me do for you then. All right? | 让我来帮你 可以吗 |
[19:08] | First, this. | 首先 看看这个 |
[19:13] | Your son’s confessional, about how you mistreated him. | 你儿子坦白你苛待他的证词 |
[19:16] | It’s my only copy. | 这是我仅有的一份 |
[19:19] | It was wrong of me to have played it in the first place. | 我最开始就不应该玩这手 |
[19:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:35] | As they say on the game shows: But that’s not all. | 就像人们在游戏节目上说的 不止于此 |
[19:40] | I will revive your fortunes. | 我要重聚你的财富 |
[19:42] | Your opponent in the next election? | 你的下一轮竞选对手 |
[19:44] | He’s about to find himself under indictment. | 他将会发现自己被提起公诉了 |
[19:46] | By my office. | 是由我办公室提出的 |
[19:49] | You’d do that for me? | 你愿意为我这么做 |
[19:50] | In exchange for some help with Jack Foley. | 作为你帮我对付杰克·富利的交换 |
[19:55] | Really? | 真的 |
[19:56] | His thumb pressing down on me | 他用大拇指摁住我 |
[19:58] | like I’m an insect– I don’t like it. | 就像摁死一只虫子 我不喜欢这样 |
[20:02] | It’s a ballsy move, Chuck. | 这是个大胆的行动 查克 |
[20:03] | Well, there is no move unless you have something for me. | 只有你为我提供些素材 我才能有所行动 |
[20:07] | You know him better than I do. | 你比我要了解他 |
[20:18] | You have to keep me out of this. | 你不能让我卷进来 |
[20:21] | I may not have his friendship anymore, | 我跟他可能已经没有友谊了 |
[20:23] | but I definitely don’t need him as an enemy. | 但我也绝不想他成为我的敌人 |
[20:26] | Nothing will stick to you. | 片叶也不沾你身 |
[20:30] | On the square? | 保证吗 |
[20:34] | From one traveling man to another. | 以同为旅人的身份向你承诺 |
[20:40] | I got The Beatles on my mind again. | 披头士的歌又在我脑里回旋了 |
[20:43] | Because he’s about to become Pete Best? | 因为他要成为彼得·贝斯特了 |
[20:45] | I was thinking more of another one. | 我想到的是另外一位 |
[20:50] | I felt so charged with Axe Cap-thusiasm | 昨天开会给基金签完四千的支票后 |
[20:53] | after yesterday’s meeting | 我感觉自己被 |
[20:54] | that I wrote a check to the foundation for 4k. | 阿克斯资本狂热症打满鸡血了 |
[20:58] | I trust that Ayles will put that thing to good use. | 我相信艾尔斯会好好使用它 |
[21:01] | He will. Though, in truth, | 他会的 尽管真相是 |
[21:02] | you might’ve saved it for gas money. | 这笔钱本可以作你的加油费 |
[21:04] | If I stressed about gas money, | 如果我太在意加油费 |
[21:06] | I’d’ve never gotten the car in the first place… | 我可能一开始就不会买车吧 |
[21:12] | I sense a disturbance in the force. | 我感到气氛有些失调 |
[21:16] | Do you know whose life has always amazed me, Spyros? | 斯派罗 知道谁的生活总让我惊叹吗 |
[21:19] | George Harrison’s. | 是乔治·哈里森 |
[21:21] | Ah, that Beatle. | 披头士的吉他手 |
[21:23] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:24] | Because Harrison wasn’t only a Beatle. | 因为他不仅仅是披头士一员 |
[21:27] | He was also a Traveling Wilbury. | 他还是漂泊乐队成员 |
[21:29] | And it was no mean feat to be a Wilbury. | 加入漂泊乐队难如登天 |
[21:32] | Legends only need apply. | 只接受传奇人物 |
[21:34] | Dylan and Petty used to make a game of it, in fact. | 实际上 迪伦和派蒂曾经用它玩游戏 |
[21:37] | They used to throw a name out there, and decide, | 他们选出一个名字 然后立刻决定 |
[21:39] | in an instant, if that person was or was not a Wilbury. | 这个人有没有资格加入 |
[21:42] | It required some ineffable combination | 要看其是否很好地综合了 |
[21:45] | of wit, cool, and credibility. | 智力 沉着和信誉 |
[21:48] | Like Jack Nicholson, for example. | 比如杰克·尼科尔森 |
[21:50] | Wilbury. | 合格 |
[21:51] | Richard Dreyfuss– | 理查德·德莱福斯 |
[21:52] | – Great actor. – But not a Wilbury. | -好演员 -但不够资格 |
[21:57] | And you Spyros. It has become clear. | 而你斯派罗 就很显而易见 |
[22:00] | Are not a Wilbury. | 你不够资格 |
[22:05] | But I am! | 谁说不够 |
[22:07] | I am a Wilbury. | 我当然合格 |
[22:09] | I can prove it to you. I– | 我能向你证明 我 |
[22:10] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[22:12] | You’re firing me? | 你要解雇我 |
[22:14] | I just did. It happened. I said the words. | 我已经这么做了 是的 我这么说了 |
[22:16] | Long time coming. | 终于还是来了 |
[22:18] | But that Wendy thing worked out. | 但温蒂的咨询确实有效 |
[22:20] | – So there’s no reason– – Nothing you can say or do. | -这没理由 -你已无能为力 |
[22:25] | You might have done your job, | 你也许完成了本职工作 |
[22:26] | but you have failed to provide additional value. | 但你没能提供附加价值 |
[22:29] | And you’ve ostracized the entire company. | 还排斥整间公司 |
[22:31] | I’ll prove it to you. I-I-I do have value. | 我会向你证明 我确实有价值 |
[22:34] | I-I am a Wilbury. | 我适合这里 |
[22:37] | I’m all the Wilburys. Put together. | 我集合了所有传奇拥有的能力 |
[22:41] | I feel five years younger. | 我感觉自己年轻了五岁 |
[22:55] | Oh, I’ve been having wet dreams about this moment. | 我的春梦里一直渴望着这一刻呢 |
[22:59] | – Bill. – Yeah? | -比尔 -什么事 |
[23:01] | 我们之间是有矛盾 | |
[23:04] | But I have a play, virgin intel. | 但我是有一手的 能获取最新情报 |
[23:07] | Your kind of thing. | 你爱搞的这些 |
[23:09] | Nah. Real shame. | 并不 真是耻辱 |
[23:10] | I only talk ideas | 我的想法只跟 |
[23:12] | with current employees of Axe Capital. | 阿克斯资本在职员工分享 |
[23:16] | This is the Clarence Beeks shit, | 那是《颠倒乾坤》那种内部交易的事 |
[23:21] | but I guess you don’t want to hear about it. | 但我猜你根本不想听 |
[23:30] | The coffee gear is company-owned. | 咖啡机是公司的 |
[23:32] | Make sure he leaves that behind. | 确保他没带走 |
[23:43] | Buh-bye! | 好走 |
[24:32] | I’ll take it from here. | 我来送他吧 |
[24:44] | You have thirty seconds. | 你有30秒 |
[24:47] | I can still access a list of all the public companies | 我仍能接触到证监会开始调查 |
[24:50] | being investigated by the SEC, | 但尚未将调查行为 |
[24:51] | but have not disclosed the investigation | 披露给公司股东的 |
[24:53] | to their shareholders. | 所有上市公司名单 |
[24:56] | With your…special brand of knowledge, | 运用你特别的知识 |
[24:59] | you can determine which of these inquiries have teeth | 你能看得出哪些询问动真格 |
[25:01] | and which are bullshit. | 哪些只是煞有其事 |
[25:04] | You can short the companies that you think will go down | 当证监会公布调查时 |
[25:06] | when the investigations come to light– | 你可以做空那些你不看好的公司 |
[25:07] | And go long on those that get dinged by the bad press | 做多那些看起来因为被审查 |
[25:09] | from being looked into, and shoot up | 而受到重击的公司 |
[25:10] | when they’re ultimately cleared. | 但可以在他们最后宣布无罪时收割 |
[25:12] | Right Said Fred. | 弗雷德说得不错 |
[25:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:23] | I like what I hear. | 我很满意我听到的 |
[25:25] | Other than that Right Said Fred bullshit. | 除了弗雷德说得不错那垃圾乐队 |
[25:33] | Hey, team. | 组员们 |
[25:36] | Tough news. | 不好的消息 |
[25:37] | Gonna need you to back it up and shut it down. | 请你们做好备份 终止项目 |
[25:43] | Take down the paper on the windows before you go… | 你走之前把窗户上的纸拿下来 |
[25:53] | Lara. | 萝拉 |
[25:55] | – Hey. What’s up, Gord? – Hi, Dad. | -怎么了 戈弟 -你好爸爸 |
[25:57] | I’m taking him to the dentist, | 我要带他去看牙医 |
[25:58] | but I had to come by to straighten something out. | 但我也要把一些事说清楚 |
[26:00] | Oh? What’s that? | 什么事 |
[26:02] | This 2 and 20 fee charge | 这个管理费和提成费 |
[26:04] | has got to be some sort of clerical error, Bobby. | 是不是有可能写错了 波比 |
[26:07] | No error. It’s no longer my money. | 没错 反正不是我的钱了 |
[26:09] | The fees go to Axe Cap’s hard-working employees | 这钱用于打赏阿克斯资本那些努力工作 |
[26:12] | who ensure your returns. | 保障你收益的员工了 |
[26:15] | Seriously? | 真要这样 |
[26:17] | If I’m paying retail | 如果要我花散户价 |
[26:18] | I may as well yank it out and spread it around– | 那我不如撤资多投几家基金 |
[26:20] | Calm down. | 冷静点 |
[26:21] | Gord, hang here a sec. Lara, with me… | 戈弟 等我一下 萝拉跟我来 |
[26:36] | Look, you can move your money if you want. | 你可以随便动你的钱 |
[26:39] | But if you want me to manage it, this is the cost. | 但如果你想让我来管 这就是成本 |
[26:41] | Didn’t you read the agreement? Didn’t Birch read it? | 你读过协议吗 博奇读过吗 |
[26:49] | Gordie! | 戈弟 |
[26:51] | Hi, Aunt Wendy. | 温蒂阿姨 你好 |
[26:52] | Hey. | 你好 |
[26:53] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[26:55] | Mom and Dad are having a smackdown. | 爸爸妈妈在摔角 |
[26:57] | Smackdown? | 摔角 |
[26:59] | What Mom calls a fight. | 妈妈称呼吵架的方式 |
[27:03] | Sit, sweetie. | 坐下 甜心 |
[27:04] | After all the nice talk, | 在这友好的谈话后 |
[27:06] | this is the truth of it: you’re pissed | 真相就是 你很生气 |
[27:08] | and you’re being vindictive, that I got half your money. | 你怀恨在心 就因为我拿了你一半的钱 |
[27:10] | I may be vindictive, but it’s not over that. | 我也许怀恨在心 但这远远不止 |
[27:13] | You threatened to take my kids across the country | 你威胁我会带孩子远走他乡 |
[27:16] | while I rotted in jail– | 留我一人烂在监狱里 |
[27:17] | I was trying to look out for them. | 我是在照顾他们 |
[27:20] | This is something we don’t come back from. | 这种决定产生的裂痕无法修补 |
[27:23] | Instead of focusing on what fees you’re paying, | 与其关注你花了多少成本费 |
[27:26] | I suggest you focus on the money you’re making. | 我建议你多关注下你赚了多少钱 |
[27:28] | How you’ll spend it. | 你要怎么花 |
[27:29] | What your life will be like going forward. | 未来你的生活会是如何 |
[27:31] | Because that’s what I’m doing. | 因为这才是我投资的意义 |
[27:47] | …So they say to us: it’s not your fault, | 他们对我们说 这不是你们的错 |
[27:49] | it’s something that happened between Mommy and Daddy. | 这是爸爸妈妈之间发生了一些事情 |
[27:52] | – That’s right. – I know. | -的确是这样 -我知道 |
[27:54] | But Dean and I didn’t even think it was our fault– | 但在他们开始这么说之前 迪恩和我 |
[27:56] | until they started saying that… | 根本不觉得是我们有错 |
[28:01] | The thing you need to understand is: you are not your parents. | 你要理解你和父母不同 |
[28:03] | – You are– – Who the hell gave you | -你们是 -谁允许 |
[28:05] | permission to talk to my son. | 你跟我儿子说话了 |
[28:08] | Gordie! Wait outside. | 戈弟 在外边等着 |
[28:12] | You should listen to your mother. Go, sweetie. | 听你妈妈的话吧 去吧甜心 |
[28:16] | Thanks, Aunt Wendy. | 谢谢 温蒂阿姨 |
[28:17] | Don’t call her that. She is not family! | 别这么叫她 她又不是真的家人 |
[28:20] | The men in my life don’t need any more of your fucking advice. | 我生命中的男人们不再需要任何你的建议 |
[28:23] | I think you might be in a place | 我想你正处在 |
[28:24] | where you can’t even recognize when someone is trying to help. | 而有人想帮忙的时候你却感觉不到 |
[28:27] | No. I can recognize your intention. | 不 我能感受到你的意图 |
[28:31] | But when I look at Bobby, | 但当我看着波比 |
[28:32] | it’s the results that seem all fucked up to me. | 是个糟透了的结果 |
[29:02] | I bet you don’t even cheat at that, do you? | 我猜你在玩牌上都没作弊过 对吗 |
[29:06] | – Never saw the point. – Sure. | -我从来不明白那样做的意义 -当然 |
[29:09] | Yeah, what do they say: You’d only be cheating yourself. | 是啊 有句话说的好 你只能骗到自己 |
[29:12] | Doesn’t matter, boss. | 不重要了 老板 |
[29:14] | If you show me a move or two to gain advantage, | 如果你能教我一两招来获得优势 |
[29:16] | I’ll try ’em. | 我会试试的 |
[29:18] | Well, that’s new! | 真新鲜啊 |
[29:21] | Open to change. | 我很欢迎改变 |
[29:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[29:25] | Come on, let’s get you an office befitting. | 来 给你找个适合的办公室 |
[29:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:35] | I-I thought you were sending me to Siberia. | 我以为你会把我发配边疆 |
[29:38] | There’s no need to worry about any of that. | 完全不用担心那个 |
[29:40] | About hard feelings or retribution. | 不用担心什么不愉快或报复 |
[29:42] | No, you did everything exactly the way I taught you. | 不用 你做了我教给你的一切 |
[29:46] | Investigated the case fully, followed where it led, | 彻查这个案子 追随线索 |
[29:49] | and refused to be cowed by power. | 拒绝屈服于权力 |
[29:52] | That’s more than admirable. | 这不只是令人钦佩 |
[29:54] | It’s heroic. | 简直是英雄之举 |
[29:57] | I had the best teacher. You. | 我有最出色的老师 就是你 |
[30:00] | Thanks for seeing it this way. | 谢谢你能这样想 |
[30:01] | I worried maybe you’d hold a grudge– | 我担心你可能会记仇 |
[30:04] | Grudge? | 记仇 |
[30:06] | Nossir. No. | 完全没有 不 |
[30:08] | No, you said it yourself. | 不 你自己说的 |
[30:10] | None of this is personal. | 那些都不是故意针对 |
[30:12] | Yeah, Bryan. | 好 布莱恩 |
[30:15] | You learned every lesson I had to teach. | 我教的你都学会了 |
[30:18] | Except the one that matters most. | 除了最重要的那一点 |
[30:23] | You didn’t win. | 你没有赢 |
[30:26] | Didn’t finish me off. | 没有终结我 |
[30:30] | No, I’m still standing here in the best job there is | 不 我仍然做着最棒的工作 |
[30:33] | because I can do what I want, | 我可以在任何时间 |
[30:35] | when I want, how I want. | 用任何方式做任何我想做的事 |
[30:38] | Oh, I am bad, bad Leroy Brown. | 我就是坏透了的李诺·布朗 |
[30:42] | Baddest man in the whole damn town. | 全镇最坏的坏蛋 |
[30:44] | – Just wait a second– – You breached my threshold | -等一下 -你突破了底线 |
[30:47] | and threatened me, | 还威胁了我 |
[30:50] | threatened my wife, the mother of my children. | 威胁了我的妻子 孩子们的妈妈 |
[30:55] | How could you think there’s a universe | 你怎么会觉得 |
[30:57] | where you would survive that? | 你能全身而退 |
[31:02] | Oh, Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[31:03] | You are many things. | 你的身份很多 |
[31:08] | A man. A boy. | 一个男人 一个男孩 |
[31:10] | A lawyer. A fighter. | 一个律师 一个斗士 |
[31:12] | A student of the dark side of humanity. | 人性阴暗面的学徒 |
[31:14] | And a lover of jurisprudence. | 还是个正义使者 |
[31:16] | But there’s one thing you’re certainly not. | 但有一个身份你肯定不会有 |
[31:20] | An Assistant United States Attorney | 一个纽约南区 |
[31:22] | for the Southern District of New York. | 美国联邦助理检察官 |
[31:24] | Drop your credentials at the guard’s desk. | 把你的证件放在警卫的桌子上 |
[31:26] | And GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! | 然后从这里滚出去 |
[31:46] | Here endeth the lesson. | 下课了 |
[32:11] | You told me to clear the positions. | 你让我清仓 |
[32:12] | I didn’t just clear twenty-five percent of them. | 我没有只是清了四分之一 |
[32:14] | You told me to broom the quants. | 你让我开掉金融工程师 |
[32:16] | I didn’t just get rid of a quarter of them. | 我不只是开了四分之一 |
[32:17] | I told you you’d get the billion. | 我跟你说过 你会得到那十亿 |
[32:19] | I didn’t tell you when. | 我没说是什么时候 |
[32:21] | You are CIO. It’s an advisory role. | 你是首席信息主管 是个提供咨询的职位 |
[32:23] | So some oversight is necessary. | 所以一些监管是有必要的 |
[32:25] | You’re going to oversee my investments? | 你要监管我的投资 |
[32:27] | Call them suggestions. | 说建议更合适 |
[32:29] | And I’d like yours on buying a basket | 而且我喜欢你买的 |
[32:31] | of natural gas names and pipeline companies. | 那些天然气和管道公司 |
[32:34] | Then my suggestion is: don’t. | 那我的意见就是 不要这样做 |
[32:36] | Regulations are too unpredictable | 监管政策无法预测 |
[32:37] | and are hampering the industry. | 这会限制这个产业 |
[32:38] | What do you know about upcoming announcements | 你对即将发布的可能 |
[32:40] | that might mitigate that? | 消除这些限制的公告了解多少 |
[32:41] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[32:42] | Because I don’t work in the government. | 因为我不为政府工作 |
[32:46] | But you know something. | 但你知道一些事情 |
[32:48] | About a coming ruling. From inside? | 关于一条即将到来的裁定 内部消息 |
[32:52] | Why don’t you make the play, jumpstart your new book. | 不如你来做吧 开始新账面 |
[32:56] | Keep it. I’ll come up with my own. | 你留着吧 我会自己建立一个新的 |
[32:58] | Suit yourself. | 随便你 |
[32:59] | You can lead a horse to natural gas | 你可以把一匹马引向天然气 |
[33:01] | but you can’t make it invest. | 但你不能强迫它投资 |
[33:03] | I question why you’re making this kind of move. | 我质疑你这样做的原因 |
[33:05] | Not based on analysis, | 这不是基于分析 |
[33:06] | but rather on unsubstantiated information. | 而是基于未经证实的信息 |
[33:09] | Is it because of the raise? Wanting to look prescient? | 是因为要重新占领市场吗 想展现些先见之明 |
[33:11] | It’s about the future of Axe Capital, | 这关乎阿克斯资本的未来 |
[33:14] | making it what it’s supposed to be. | 让它得到理所应当的地位 |
[33:16] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[33:17] | Unassailable. | 无懈可击 |
[33:19] | Untouchable. Unbreakable. | 触不可及 牢不可破 |
[33:21] | An institution that’s TBTF-W– | 一个TBTFW组织 |
[33:24] | too big to fuck with. | 太大而不能轻易攻击 |
[33:27] | Do you know how you sound? | 你知道自己听起来如何吗 |
[33:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:31] | Certain. | 坚定 |
[33:43] | I would be looking at Telemarket. | 我会看看电信市场的 |
[33:45] | I met their chairman once, and he was very sweaty. | 我跟他们的主席见过一次 他当时满头大汗 |
[33:49] | There’s something guilty there. | 肯定是做贼心虚 |
[33:51] | No. Guy who gets that sweaty | 不 跟证交会谈话时 |
[33:53] | talking to the SEC is not guilty. | 满头大汗的人才不会有罪 |
[33:55] | He’s neurotic. And a loser. | 他只是神经过敏 还是个失败者 |
[33:58] | But not a cheat. | 但他不是作弊者 |
[34:01] | It’s like you have a seventh sense for the dark side. | 就好像你有了针对黑暗面的第七感 |
[34:05] | Sixth sense? | 第六感 |
[34:07] | I try to avoid cliche. | 我们还是别说废话了 |
[34:11] | Don’t worry. I’ll manage the caterers. | 别担心 我会安排接待的 |
[34:14] | I’ll send them over when you’re at your “Work.” | 你会在你”工作”的时候派他们过去 |
[34:17] | You say work as though it’s a sin. | 你说得工作就好像是罪恶一样 |
[34:19] | So tomorrow we are gonna get this horse | 那么明天我们就会 |
[34:22] | into the goddamned race. | 让这匹马加入竞赛 |
[34:24] | I’m so glad, you’re back from your trip, Ellen. | 你旅行回来我真高兴 埃伦 |
[34:25] | And will be able to be here for it. | 还有你为这件事来到这里 |
[34:27] | I told her that she’d seen enough of the world | 我跟她说过 她已经看够了这个世界 |
[34:29] | and I’d had enough nights alone. | 我也受够了独守空房 |
[34:30] | It was time for her to be back where she belongs. | 她是时候回到自己应属的地方了 |
[34:34] | Well, uh, Dad, why don’t you finalize those invitations, yeah? | 爸爸 你不如把邀请函弄完吧 |
[34:38] | – Good. – All right. | -好 -好的 |
[34:41] | I got to be somewhere, so… | 我得去个地方 所以… |
[34:46] | Those are the certs on the 4140, | 那些是4140的证书 |
[34:48] | the high strength-low alloy, and the nickel chromium. | 高强度低合金钢 还有镍铬合金 |
[34:53] | And here is your rightful compensation. | 这是你应得的补偿 |
[35:01] | Take him. | 把他拿下 |
[35:03] | Let’s talk about next month’s chromium vanadium. | 我们谈谈下个月的铬钒 |
[35:06] | Your stuff’s not bad. | 你的东西不错 |
[35:07] | Well, it’s gonna look much better | 等你处理好 |
[35:08] | after you’re done with it. | 看起来会更好的 |
[35:10] | NYPD. | 纽约警局 |
[35:11] | Keep your hands where I can see them. | 把手放在我能看到的地方 |
[35:13] | Cuff him. Get him out of here. | 铐了他 把他带走 |
[35:14] | – Wait, wait, wait. -Keep your hands where I can see them! | -等一下 -把手放在我能看到的地方 |
[35:15] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[35:15] | What the fuck is going on? Jack? Jack! | 怎么回事 杰克 杰克 |
[35:18] | Okay. You can stop recording. | 好了 你不用录了 |
[35:19] | Did you set this up, Jack?! | 是你安排的吗 杰克 |
[35:25] | – Sir. -Give him the space, boys. | -长官 -给他点空间 |
[35:29] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[35:32] | No. | 不 |
[35:34] | Yes, Jack. | 是的 杰克 |
[35:36] | Looks like you just got your manhood | 看起来你的男子气概 |
[35:37] | caught in a tiger trap… | 被困在捕虎陷阱里了 |
[35:41] | I know that you have built a good chunk of your fortune | 我知道你靠便宜的钢铁生意 |
[35:43] | on cheap steel deals. | 赚了不少钱 |
[35:46] | It’s a helluva scheme. | 这是个不错的骗局 |
[35:48] | I admire its grift and effectiveness. | 我很佩服它的手段和效率 |
[35:51] | You import the sub-par goods, | 你进口低质的货物 |
[35:53] | get your man at the ratings agency | 让你在评级机构的人 |
[35:55] | to mark it high grade, | 把它评为高品质 |
[35:56] | sell it into state-run projects at top dollar. | 然后高价卖给国有工程 |
[35:59] | The problem is: it’s not only illegal, | 问题是 这不止是非法 |
[36:01] | it’s fucking dangerous, | 还他妈的很危险 |
[36:04] | and someone is gonna get hurt. | 会有人受伤的 |
[36:07] | Imagine what people would say if they learned | 想像一下如果人们知道了 |
[36:09] | that the new bridges and rails they ride on | 他们脚下的新桥梁和铁轨是劣质的 |
[36:11] | were built of inferior stuff. | 他们会说什么吧 |
[36:14] | And if they had cause to look back | 如果他们有理由回头看看 |
[36:16] | through your past municipal works, | 你以前做过的市政工程 |
[36:19] | well the fallout from that in terms of liability | 从赔偿责任的角度来看 |
[36:22] | could bankrupt an Astor. | 会让阿斯特破产的 |
[36:25] | What are you doing… | 你在做什么 |
[36:28] | Just what are you doing? | 我就想问你在做什么 |
[36:31] | You know, it’s a good thing that this is my operation, | 幸好这是我的行动 |
[36:35] | and I alone have the discretion | 我可以自己决断 |
[36:37] | to move forward in processing and prosecuting | 来推进处理和起诉 |
[36:40] | the felons involved… | 涉案的罪犯 |
[36:43] | or I can take a more tempered approach. | 我也可以采取更温和的措施 |
[36:48] | Now’s certainly not the time for hasty decisions. | 现在不是急着决定的时候 |
[36:52] | No. No, it’s not. | 对 现在不是 |
[36:58] | But now is the time to set new terms. | 但是时候定新的规矩了 |
[37:02] | Things will be different moving forward. | 今后事情会有所不同 |
[37:06] | I will take your counsel– but that’s all it will be. | 我会接受你的建议 但也就到此为止 |
[37:08] | I will make the decisions. | 我做决定 |
[37:10] | You and your people work for me. | 你和你的人为我服务 |
[37:13] | Is that clear? | 听清楚了吗 |
[37:16] | Clear as Catskills spring water… | 像卡茨吉尔的泉水一样清楚 |
[37:21] | Damned impressive, Chuck. | 非常震撼 查克 |
[37:24] | It was frightening as hell for a moment there. | 我有一会儿都被吓坏了 |
[37:26] | But, uh, it was damned impressive. | 但 非常震撼 |
[37:32] | Downright gubernatorial… | 彻头彻尾的州长人材 |
[37:59] | Did it go well? | 顺利吗 |
[38:00] | Well, as well as it could’ve, operationally. | 行动上来看不能更顺利 |
[38:03] | It never feels good doing that to a man. | 但对别人做这种事感觉很糟 |
[38:05] | Even a man like Foley. | 即便是对富利这种人 |
[38:07] | I need a Silkwood shower right about now. | 我现在要洗个强劲的热水澡 |
[38:10] | It’ll have to wait. You have a visitor. | 得等等 你有个客人 |
[38:20] | Judge. | 法官 |
[38:21] | Wonderful to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[38:23] | Last time I was here… pretty momentous. | 我上次来这儿时 是紧急关头 |
[38:26] | I thought we were never to talk of it. | 我以为我们永远不会提那个了 |
[38:29] | We’re gonna talk about everything. | 我们都得谈谈 |
[38:31] | Where are we starting? | 从何说起 |
[38:34] | With bracing honesty. | 开门见山吧 |
[38:35] | Because with all that’s passed between us. | 在共同经历了那么多之后 |
[38:37] | I see no reason to beat about the bush. | 我觉得没必要绕弯子 |
[38:39] | Begin. | 开始吧 |
[38:42] | Right here, in this house, | 就在此地 这间房子里 |
[38:45] | you put me on a path that leads to the Supreme Court. | 你让我走上了通向最高法院的路 |
[38:49] | Well, it’s not exactly a straight and easy one. | 那可不是条笔直平坦的路 |
[38:52] | There’s turns and twists | 道路曲折 |
[38:54] | and highwaymen hiding in the bushes | 并且时刻都可能 |
[38:57] | who might jump you at any time. | 有人拦路打劫 |
[38:59] | I agree. The path is treacherous. | 我同意 道路崎岖坎坷 |
[39:03] | Which is why I need you to guide me. | 这也是我需要你来指引的原因 |
[39:05] | As I have and will continue to do. | 我将一如既往地这么做 |
[39:08] | From your current perch, yes. | 以你目前的职位来说没问题 |
[39:11] | But if you leave office, to go after another, | 但如果你离职就任其他职位 |
[39:15] | my flank is unprotected. | 我就失去保护了 |
[39:18] | I will give you all the support | 我在奥尔巴尼 |
[39:20] | and assistance you need from Albany. | 会提供你所需要的一切支援 |
[39:23] | Not good enough, I’m afraid. | 我恐怕那不够好 |
[39:27] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[39:30] | I’m here to ask you to honor your promise to me: | 我来这里要求你践行你给我的承诺 |
[39:35] | that there was no favor you’d refuse. | 那个你对我有求必应的承诺 |
[39:37] | Well, you will have to state the favor, directly. | 你得把要求说直接点 |
[39:40] | I need you to stay U.S. Attorney. | 我要你继续担任检察官 |
[39:56] | I’ve set my sights on governor. | 我早就决定要竞选州长 |
[39:58] | I have bled for this caper. | 我为这次转业付出了很大代价 |
[40:00] | There must be another way to help you get over. | 肯定有其它帮助你的办法 |
[40:02] | There isn’t. | 没有其它办法 |
[40:04] | If you’re gone, AG Jeffcoat will appoint someone new, | 要是你不在 杰夫科特检察长会任命新人 |
[40:06] | someone who won’t give a shit about me. | 他可能对我不屑一顾 |
[40:07] | Or the kinds of cases I need. | 或者不给我需要的案子 |
[40:09] | Or worse, back another judge and bury me in garbage. | 或者更糟 支持其它法官然后给我一堆垃圾 |
[40:13] | I can’t let you go. | 我不能让你走 |
[40:19] | I understand it isn’t convenient for you, | 我明白这对你不太方便 |
[40:21] | but it wasn’t convenient for me to help you either… | 但我帮你的时候也不方便 |
[40:27] | The shit I have done to position myself for this… | 我为了竞选做了那么多 |
[40:31] | Among those things: your oath to me. | 想想你给我的誓言 |
[40:36] | I’m gonna need the night before I can give you an answer. | 我考虑一晚上再给你答复 |
[40:43] | I imagine you do. | 我猜到了 |
[40:49] | Each time I’m here, I’m more and more impressed | 我每次到这里都被你家庭的温暖 |
[40:52] | with the warmth of your home | 以及你构筑的生活 |
[40:54] | and the life you’ve built. | 所震撼 |
[40:57] | It speaks to your character. | 它表明了你的品格 |
[41:18] | You are considering it. | 你在考虑这个 |
[41:21] | It seemed the least that I could do. | 这是我最起码可以做到的事 |
[41:25] | But I’m gonna tell him no. | 但我会拒绝他的 |
[41:27] | I mean, I’ve committed– I’ve committed | 我为州长的事情 |
[41:29] | too much thought and energy to this governor thing. | 投入了太多心血 |
[41:40] | What about passion? | 那你的热情呢 |
[41:44] | Excitement. What about fire? | 激情和火花呢 |
[41:47] | I see those things on your face | 你在南区工作时 |
[41:49] | every day you go to work at Southern. | 我每天都能在你脸上看到这些 |
[41:55] | I always have. It’s one of the things I love about you. | 我总能看到 这是我爱你的其中一点 |
[41:58] | No matter how difficult the situation, | 无论处境多么艰辛 |
[41:59] | how fucked it seems you are, you relish the fight. | 无论你看上去多么狼狈 你享受战斗 |
[42:04] | As long as there’s any game left, | 只要还有战役 |
[42:06] | you play it ’til the very end. | 你就会战斗到底 |
[42:07] | Full out. | 倾尽全力 |
[42:11] | Why wouldn’t that be the case with the governorship? | 为什么州长就不一样了 |
[42:15] | Politics is a different kind of fight. | 政治是另一种战斗 |
[42:17] | It’s about consensus building and concession granting | 核心是达成合意和妥协 |
[42:21] | and hand wringing and ass kissing. | 以及游说和奉承 |
[42:24] | But in your job now, you are a king. | 但你在目前的工作里就是王 |
[42:30] | You engage the battles you choose. | 你以自己选择的方式 |
[42:33] | In the manner you choose. | 加入你自己选择的战斗 |
[42:35] | You decide what’s right and what’s wrong. | 你来划定对错 |
[42:37] | With no one to appease. | 不需要仰任何人鼻息 |
[42:39] | Well, you’re forgetting Jock Jeffcoat. | 你忘了乔克·杰夫科特 |
[42:42] | He’s a more powerful king, for the moment. | 他是权力更大的王 目前来说 |
[42:46] | You’ve deposed his kind before. | 你干掉过他这种人 |
[42:48] | Look what you just did to Jack Foley. And can do again. | 看看你怎么对付杰克·富利 你还能做到的 |
[42:53] | You don’t want to be in politics, | 你不想投身政治 |
[42:57] | you want to be beyond politics. | 你想要超越政治 |
[43:01] | I am all in for you, Chuck. | 我全心全意爱你 查克 |
[43:04] | But I can’t turn off the part of me | 但我无法舍弃从事我的工作的 |
[43:05] | that does the job I do. | 那部分自我 |
[43:07] | And looking at you, | 看看你 |
[43:11] | I see someone | 我看到了一个 |
[43:14] | who knows that one of those things | 知道什么事才能 |
[43:16] | makes them feel truly alive. | 让他感觉真正活着的人 |
[43:20] | And that the other is gonna feel like an obligation. | 做其它的事情都会感觉像个负担 |
[43:43] | I figured it’d last… | 我猜它持续了 |
[43:46] | The feeling of exhilaration? | 快感 |
[43:47] | Of winning. Last longer than a day. | 胜利的快感 持续了一天多点 |
[43:50] | Did you even get a full day? | 你居然有一整天 |
[43:51] | The initial jolt when it all worked out | 一切问题解决且法官落锤时 |
[43:54] | and the judge gaveled it– that was pretty good. | 最初的快感非常棒 |
[43:56] | Felt like I was doing 220 miles an hour | 感觉像是我在摩押骑一辆 |
[43:58] | on a dirt bike in Moab | 时速220英里的山地车 |
[44:00] | and skidded to a stop just before the cliff. | 就在悬崖前紧急刹车 |
[44:03] | But then it ended and there was nothing. | 但接着它结束了然后我什么感觉都没了 |
[44:06] | So no. | 没到一天 |
[44:09] | You know, I thought that a battle of the kind | 我以为我们刚打过的那场仗 |
[44:12] | that we just fought could truly be won. | 是可以真正取胜的 |
[44:15] | I beat the case. I’m back here trading. | 我赢了官司 我接着交易 |
[44:17] | I’ll be around for my boys– | 我回到我的人中间 |
[44:19] | – We need to talk about Gordie– – We do. | -我们得谈谈戈弟 -的确 |
[44:21] | There’s residual damage. He’s part of it. | 还有残余伤害 他就是其中之一 |
[44:24] | Can that ever be undone? | 这伤害能消除吗 |
[44:26] | No. | 不能 |
[44:28] | We’re all scarred. | 我们都伤痕累累 |
[44:30] | Yeah. I thought scar tissue was supposed to be stronger. | 我以为伤痕组织会更坚韧 |
[44:33] | That’s actually medically untrue, it’s just rougher. | 医学上不是这么说的 它只是更粗糙了 |
[44:35] | Well, I liked it better the other way. | 我喜欢另一种说法 |
[44:37] | Yeah. Well. Sure. Me too. | 我也是 |
[44:45] | Then what do you got for me? | 你有什么建议给我吗 |
[44:48] | I can’t help but feel that whatever advice I offer you, | 我情不自禁地感到我给予你或查克 |
[44:51] | or Chuck for that matter, now, is colored | 对此事的任何建议都 |
[44:53] | by what we’ve all been through and done. | 因我们所经历和作为的一切而有所偏颇 |
[44:57] | It’s less pure. As am I. | 它没那么纯粹了 就像我一样 |
[44:59] | Because of Mafee? | 因为玛菲 |
[45:01] | For one. | 他是其中之一 |
[45:03] | I set him up really good. | 我很完美地操纵了他 |
[45:05] | Got his loyalty going for as long as I needed it. | 在我有所需要时获得了他的忠诚 |
[45:07] | Look, give yourself a pass on that. | 在这件事上放过你自己吧 |
[45:09] | It barely registers as bad, the world I come from. | 在我的世界里 这都不能算坏事 |
[45:12] | I’m not sure I can. | 我不确定我能做到 |
[45:17] | Okay. Let me give you some advice for a change. | 我来给你转变心态的一点建议吧 |
[45:21] | Maybe I’ll take it too: | 也许我会听一下 |
[45:23] | you can sit here killing yourself if you want, | 你愿意的话可以坐在这里自杀 |
[45:25] | but when you do something to put yourself back in charge, | 但让自己重新肩负职责时 |
[45:30] | remind yourself that you are not less, | 记住你没有因你所经历的一切 |
[45:32] | but more powerful for what you’ve come through– | 变得更差劲 而是变得更强大 |
[45:35] | that’s when you’ll feel better. | 这样会感觉好点 |
[45:49] | What the fuck is he doing here? | 他在这里做什么 |
[45:50] | We busted a cap in his ass, | 我们毙了他 |
[45:51] | we didn’t just give him the day off. | 不是给他放了一天假 |
[45:52] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[45:55] | And I can’t believe I’m fucking doing this, | 我也不能相信我要说这个 |
[45:57] | but I may have been a bit hasty | 但我对他人身攻击 |
[46:01] | in the personal insult and car wrecking departments… | 和撞他的车时可能有点操之过急 |
[46:04] | You think, Reckles? | 你觉得那叫鲁莽 |
[46:05] | You called him a pants shitter on the trading floor. | 你在交易厅管他叫拉裤裆宝宝 |
[46:07] | Explain. | 解释 |
[46:12] | I have to tell you that Spyros here | 我得告诉你们斯派罗 |
[46:14] | has…shared a unique… investment strategy with me. | 告诉我了一种独特的投资策略 |
[46:19] | One that is proprietary. | 一种基于他 |
[46:21] | Based on his prior… work experience. | 之前的工作经验的独有策略 |
[46:28] | Are you understanding this gibberish? | 你听明白他说的这堆胡话了吗 |
[46:30] | Yeah, I may be. | 我可能明白 |
[46:32] | And this…strategy, you believe it’ll pay off? | 而这个策略 你相信会有效吗 |
[46:36] | I do. | 我相信 |
[46:37] | If we carefully implement it, | 如果我们计划周全 |
[46:41] | it can remove certain… | 它会扫除某些 |
[46:43] | doubt, endemic to the market. | 对市场的疑虑和弊病 |
[46:47] | Is this a renewable source? | 是可重复利用的资源吗 |
[46:49] | As long as we don’t ‘open our proverbial overcoats’ | 只要我们不打开我们的大衣 |
[46:51] | and ‘flash our junk’ | 像某个三字的政府部门 |
[46:53] | at a particular three-lettered agency. | 炫耀我们的弟弟 |
[46:57] | As long as we play it cool. | 只要我们保持低调 |
[46:59] | Right. | 没错 |
[47:05] | Alright, Spyros. | 那好 斯派罗 |
[47:07] | You may have provided additional value. | 也许你证明了自己还有别的价值 |
[47:11] | I’m gonna give you a second shot at Wilbury status. | 我就再给你一次加入漂泊的机会 |
[47:14] | “Handle me with care.” | 《用心待我》 |
[47:18] | Pound it out. | 完美通关 |
[47:19] | No. | 不要 |
[47:26] | Still not a fucking Wilbury. | 他绝对没资格加入漂泊 |
[47:28] | Not even close. | 想都不要想 |
[47:45] | Kids are being driven to the restaurant. | 司机正在送孩子们去餐厅的路上 |
[47:48] | Good, I’ll be leaving shortly when I finish up here. | 很好 我这里一搞定就离开 |
[47:51] | So…? | 那么 |
[47:53] | I’ve thought about it, and, uh, | 我仔细考虑过 然后 |
[47:55] | I’m ready to give you a discount on the fees. | 我可以给你的佣金打个折 |
[47:58] | Discount? | 打折 |
[47:59] | If you sign an agreement– a seven year lock up. | 如果你签一份协议 七年内锁定协议 |
[48:03] | – On the money. – Mm-hmm. | -锁定所有资金 -对 |
[48:05] | 1.5 and 15. It’s not the discount you wanted– | 1.5%管理费15%利润提成 不是你想要的折扣 |
[48:07] | which, by the way, I give to nobody. | 但顺便告诉你 从没有人拿到过这样的折扣 |
[48:09] | But it’s the best discount I give to anybody. | 但这是我给出过的最优惠的折扣 |
[48:12] | Oh. I’m so moved, Bobby. | 我要感动哭了 波比 |
[48:15] | Oh, and one more thing: uh, the boys. | 还有件事 孩子们 |
[48:19] | They’re not going anywhere ’til college. | 他们上大学之前哪都不许去 |
[48:22] | So a seven year lock up on our kids, too? | 所以七年内我们的孩子也被锁定了吗 |
[48:25] | Mm. | 对 |
[48:28] | Fine. | 那好 |
[48:29] | I’ll do it… | 我签 |
[48:31] | For one and ten. | 只要你答应1%管理费10%利润提成 |
[48:33] | Deal. | 成交 |
[48:37] | But you got to sign it right now. | 但你现在就得签字 |
[48:39] | In front of me. | 在我面前 |
[48:51] | Terms already drawn up, huh? | 条款早都起草好了 |
[48:54] | I figured where we’d end up. | 我料到我们最后会说定这个数 |
[49:26] | I’m sorry you had to see that. | 抱歉你得在这里看着这一切 |
[49:31] | I’m gonna need you to do something else for me… | 我需要你帮我干点别的事 |
[49:34] | Smile. | 笑一下 |
[49:36] | Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please, folks, | 抱歉 请大家安静一下 所有人 |
[49:39] | just for a moment or two? | 占用你们一点时间 |
[49:43] | And I, uh– | 而我 |
[49:45] | I promise not to talk too long. | 我保证不会讲得太久 |
[49:48] | What a feeling it is when that doctor | 那感觉真是难以描述 当医生 |
[49:53] | steps out of the birthing room | 走出产房 |
[49:55] | to announce, “It’s a boy!” | 向大家宣布”是个男孩” |
[50:00] | Now, they had put you to sleep, honey, | 你当时被全身麻醉 亲爱的 |
[50:02] | so I was the one who got to tell you, once you woke up. | 所以当你醒来 我才有机会第一个告诉你 |
[50:05] | We had a son. | 我们有儿子了 |
[50:09] | And that day, I said it to you. | 而在那天 我告诉过你 |
[50:12] | He will do great things. | 他会成就一番事业 |
[50:15] | You did. | 你说过 |
[50:17] | Right as usual, Charles. | 你永远是对的 查尔斯 |
[50:21] | Well, today my boy has something pretty special | 今天我的儿子有很特殊的消息 |
[50:25] | to tell all of us. | 要向大家宣布 |
[50:27] | And it’s an honor to bring him up here. | 请他上来讲两句 |
[50:36] | Son, you tell the folks the good news. | 儿子 你告诉大家那个好消息 |
[50:39] | Okay. All right. | 好 没问题 |
[50:40] | All right, Dad. Thank you. Thank you, Dad. | 没问题 爸爸 谢谢 谢谢你爸爸 |
[50:45] | It is indeed a great honor to be standing here tonight. | 今晚站在这里真是我的荣幸 |
[50:51] | And for the past several years, my mission has been justice. | 在过去的几年里 我的目标一直是维护正义 |
[50:56] | And it is one that I have embraced with zeal. | 而那一直是我的热血所在 |
[50:59] | I-I-I will confess it. | 我承认这一点 |
[51:03] | Now, someone asked me recently, why that was. | 如果最近有人问我为什么 |
[51:08] | And the answer is: | 我的回答是 |
[51:10] | nothing makes me feel more like the best of myself | 只有当我明白 我为了那些不太幸运的人 |
[51:14] | than knowing that I have fought for those less fortunate, | 那些被欺负 打压或伤害过的人斗争过 |
[51:18] | for those that have been bullied or beaten or bruised. | 世上只有这件事能让我感到活着的意义 |
[51:23] | And this is why it is so crucial to me | 正因为如此 我才一定要确保 |
[51:26] | that the next governor of New York State | 下一届的纽约州长 |
[51:28] | be a man for whom these things take primacy, | 他将这些事看作重中之重 |
[51:31] | a man who can’t sleep unless justice is always served, | 如果正义无法伸张他将夜不能寐 |
[51:35] | who will work tirelessly, day and night, | 他将鞠躬尽瘁 夜以继日地 |
[51:39] | for the people of New York. | 为纽约州的人民服务 |
[51:42] | Which is why I am thrilled | 所以在这里我很荣幸 |
[51:46] | and moved to announce… | 也很动情地宣布 |
[51:52] | that I will be throwing the full weight of my person | 我会尽我的全力来支持 |
[51:54] | behind the one man who can do the job, | 那位唯一可以胜任的人 |
[51:57] | Buffalo Bob Sweeney! | 布法罗市长鲍勃·斯威尼 |
[52:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[52:08] | Thank you! | 谢谢大家 |
[52:09] | – Thank you, Chuck. – Sure. | -谢谢你 查克 -不客气 |
[52:14] | Folks, I am, uh, determined to, uh, | 伙计们 我将坚定不移地 |
[52:18] | to represent not the special interests in this state, | 维护本州的特别利益 |
[52:21] | but the interests of every New Yorker. | 更会维护每位纽约人的利益 |
[52:26] | Dad– | 爸爸 |
[52:27] | I now know the only way you could avoid stepping on your dick | 我终于明白要是想让你不再自曝其短 |
[52:29] | is if I’d made them cut it off in that birthing room. | 唯一的办法就是在产房里把你的老二剁下来 |
[52:31] | Okay. Jack– | 好吧 杰克 |
[52:32] | You got the jump on me. Fine. | 你突袭了我 那无所谓 |
[52:35] | But if you imagine this is the first time | 但如果你以为这是我第一次 |
[52:37] | I’ve ever had to wrestle with my shoulders near the mat, | 必须在劣势中挣扎求胜的话 |
[52:40] | you’re gonna learn something very different. | 那你绝对是想错了 |
[52:52] | We are the state of Eastman, Cooper, the Roosevelts, | 本州孕育了伊士曼 库伯和罗斯福家族 |
[52:57] | the state that still stands as a beacon of hope, | 纽约州屹立如灯塔 |
[52:59] | of freedom, of equality for the entire world. | 指向希望 自由与平等的道路 |
[53:03] | And together, we can bring prosperity | 而所有人团结一致 我们将 |
[53:05] | back to the state. | 让本州重回辉煌 |
[53:06] | Which is why I cannot wait to serve you | 正因为如此 我迫切想 |
[53:08] | as the next governor of the State of New York. | 作为下一届纽约州州长为你们服务 |
[53:10] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[53:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[53:14] | You seeing this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[53:17] | “Gas stocks pop on EPA lift of regs”! | 《美国环保署放宽监管 天然气股价飙升》 |
[53:20] | This play is gonna be a wave we ride | 这举措就如乘风而来的海浪 |
[53:23] | all the way to the beach. | 会把我们一路送往成功的岸边 |
[53:25] | When we sell our position, we got to cut Krakow his piece. | 等我们卖出仓位时 我们得给克拉科夫分成 |
[53:31] | Big day–especially in the natural gas space. | 很重要的一天 特别是天然气市场 |
[53:34] | I guess your “hunch” came in. | 我猜你的”预感”成真了 |
[53:37] | It happens… | 那也时有发生 |
[53:39] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[53:40] | Even though you didn’t back my play, | 即便你之前并不支持我的决定 |
[53:41] | I’m gonna release another 100 million to you. | 我还是会追加一亿给你 |
[53:44] | Thanks, I guess. | 我猜我该说谢谢你 |
[53:46] | You heading out for the night? | 你今晚准备下班了吗 |
[53:50] | Soon. After I finish up a few things. | 很快 我处理完点事之后就走 |
[53:53] | You? | 你呢 |
[53:55] | Same here… | 跟你一样 |
[54:01] | I’m out. You coming? | 我走人了 你一起吗 |
[54:04] | Not quite yet. | 再等一会 |
[54:07] | You know when I get on the treadmill at the gym, | 你知道当我在健身房踏上跑步机 |
[54:09] | I got to stay on until the guy next to me gets off. | 我会一直跑 直到我旁边那个人不跑为止 |
[54:12] | Go further, longer. | 我会跑得距离更远 时间更长 |
[54:13] | It’s just the way I’m wired. | 我就是这种人 |
[54:16] | You go to a gym with other people in it? | 你还去其他人也能去的健身房呢 |
[54:18] | There was a time. | 以前的时候 |
[54:46] | I’m not gonna make dinner. | 我晚饭去不了了 |
[54:47] | Buy the kids every dessert in the place | 给孩子们买下菜单上所有的甜品 |
[54:48] | and take them home. | 然后送他们回家 |
[54:50] | Sure. Not a problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[54:57] | That was your dad, uh… | 是你们的爸爸打来的 |
[54:59] | he got hung up at the office. | 他在公司脱不开身 |
[55:23] | Would you like me to wait, just in case? | 你想让我在这守着吗 以防万一 |
[55:26] | No. I think I can handle it… | 不用 我想我能搞定 |
[55:28] | It’s actually good to see you back. | 很高兴看到你回来工作了 |
[55:32] | It’s good to be back. | 我也很高兴能回来 |
[55:57] | You shouldn’t keep a hungry man waiting– | 你不该让一个欲火焚身的男人干等着 |
[56:04] | Wendy? The fuck?! | 温蒂 什么鬼 |
[56:06] | She’s not coming… | 她不会来了 |
[56:08] | I’m sorry, that reservation’s been canceled. | 抱歉 预订已经被取消了 |
[56:11] | But I was supposed to meet him. | 但我本该来这里见他 |
[56:13] | I’m sorry. It’s canceled. | 我很抱歉 确实被取消了 |
[56:31] | Goddamnit. | 该死 |
[56:34] | Maybe take that robe off, ‘ey? | 要不要把袍子脱了 |
[56:36] | It’s hot in here. | 这里还挺热的 |
[56:39] | Is that supposed to be funny? | 你觉得这很好笑吗 |
[56:42] | If you’re wondering how Chuck made his decision, | 你好奇查克为何做那样的决定 |
[56:44] | how that final little feather | 那最后一棵稻草是怎么落下 |
[56:46] | settled and tipped the balance… | 压斜了整个天平 |
[56:51] | You…?! | 是你 |
[56:53] | The next time you want to ambush, threaten, | 下一次你想伏击 威胁 |
[56:55] | humiliate, or otherwise fuck with me, | 侮辱 或是耍我的话 |
[56:58] | you’d do well to remember who you’re fucking with. | 你最好记住你要耍的人是谁 |
[57:04] | Enjoy your night alone. | 你好好独享这美好夜晚吧 |