时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:06] | I have the case, I just don’t have the evidence. | 案子虽然在我手上 但是我没有证据 |
[00:08] | – Wrong answer. – If you ain’t got video, | -这不是我想听的 -没有视频 |
[00:11] | you ain’t got shit. | 就狗屁都没有 |
[00:12] | Well, we ain’t got video, Oliver. We got theories. | 我们没有视频 奥利弗 我们只有推测 |
[00:14] | I’m granting Mr. Connerty one more week. | 再给康纳蒂先生一周时间 |
[00:16] | At that time, the prosecution will produce | 到那时 要么控方提供的证据 |
[00:18] | evidence compelling enough to sustain the case. | 足以提起公诉 |
[00:20] | Or I will grant Mr. Axelrod his dismissal. | 要么我批准阿克斯罗德的撤诉申请 |
[00:22] | We know Axelrod used a doctor | 我们知道阿克斯罗德 |
[00:24] | to help develop the toxicant. | 找了一个医生研制毒素 |
[00:25] | I told you: I disposed of the slide. | 我告诉你了 玻片我已经处置了 |
[00:28] | How? | 如何处置的 |
[00:29] | How? | 如何 |
[00:30] | Talk me through it. | 请完整告诉我 |
[00:31] | You have to trust me. | 你必须相信我 |
[00:33] | One particular fund made a killing that day. | 我发现一只基金大赚了一笔 |
[00:35] | It’s Wendy’s. So I get a buddy of mine who works for the NSA | 是温蒂的账号 所以我让国安局的朋友查了一下 |
[00:39] | to find out where she was– | 她在卖空那笔交易的时候人在哪里 |
[00:40] | You had the NSA look into Wendy? | 你让国家安全局去查温蒂 |
[00:41] | – I could end up… – Jail. | -我可能会… -会进监狱 |
[00:43] | But I will not let that happen. | 但我不会让这种情况发生 |
[00:44] | If one of us goes to prison, we all do. | 只要一个进监狱 三个都进 |
[00:46] | We are all going to sit here | 现在我们都坐在这 |
[00:47] | and calmly discuss how to undo this. | 冷静地讨论如何解决现在的困境 |
[00:49] | Full transparency. | 完全透明公开 |
[00:52] | I give you my word. | 我给你承诺 |
[00:54] | You want transparency? | 你想透明公开 |
[00:59] | How fucking clear is this? | 这个够透明了吗 |
[01:23] | I was a bookish kid. | 我小时候是个书呆子 |
[01:24] | Read a great deal of military fiction. | 读了好多军事小说 |
[01:26] | Accounts of great battles. Histories. | 各种战役的报道 历史 |
[01:29] | That sort of thing. | 之类的东西 |
[01:30] | I was fascinated by the paratroopers…in World War II. | 我对二战时期的伞兵特别着迷 |
[01:34] | And the moment right before they leapt. | 以及他们跃出之前的那一刻 |
[01:38] | The point of no return. | 那种义无反顾的精神 |
[01:39] | That’s what they would say, yes. | 他们会这样说 |
[01:42] | “No shame in backing out now, son. | “孩子 现在临阵退缩并不可耻 |
[01:42] | 1945年阿登战役后期 德军企图用伞兵部队攻打美军后方扭转战局 | |
[01:44] | It’s a suicide mission.” | “毕竟这是自杀式任务” |
[01:46] | And the young soldiers would set their jaws, | 而年轻士兵会咬紧牙关 |
[01:48] | clip onto the static lines and jump. | 系好开伞绳然后跳下去 |
[01:51] | I didn’t realize the military | 我不知道部队 |
[01:52] | gave them the chance to back out. | 允许他们有退缩的机会 |
[01:54] | Fiction. Of course, despite the sergeant saying | 小说 当然 尽管中士说 |
[01:58] | there was no shame, everyone knew there was | 没什么可耻的 但是所有人都清楚 |
[01:59] | nothing but shame, so they jumped. | 那样就只剩下耻辱了 所以他们跳了 |
[02:02] | And that’s where we are. | 这就是我们的局面 |
[02:07] | The slide is being planted at Axelrod’s this very instant. | 此时此刻有人正将玻片放入阿克斯罗德家里 |
[02:12] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[02:14] | – How? Where? – As to the how, | -怎么放的 放哪里了 -至于怎么放的 |
[02:17] | that involved distraction of the principal, | 需要分散当事人注意力 |
[02:19] | subterfuge, stealth. | 掩护 潜入 |
[02:22] | The trifecta of chicanery. | 诡计三连胜 |
[02:24] | As to the where: His refrigerator, of course. | 至于放在了哪儿 当然是他的冰箱里 |
[02:28] | To keep it cold. | 保持低温 |
[02:30] | Tape it to the bottom of a ketchup bottle or something. | 用胶带粘在番茄酱之类的瓶底 |
[02:34] | So he won’t see it until… | 他看不见 直到… |
[02:36] | Exactly. | 正确 |
[02:38] | Federal agents will burst in while | 阿克斯罗德跟儿子们吃饭的时候 |
[02:40] | Axelrod is having dinner with his boys, | 联邦探员会破门而入 |
[02:42] | and discover the slide. With that physical evidence, | 找到玻片 有了物证在手 |
[02:45] | he will be immediately brought to jail. | 他就会立即锒铛入狱 |
[02:48] | The courts will deem him a flight risk, | 法庭会认为他有潜逃风险 |
[02:49] | so he will be behind bars for the duration of his trial. | 所以庭审期间他会一直在牢里 |
[02:56] | I almost feel bad. | 我差点过意不去 |
[02:59] | As do I. Almost. | 我也是 差点 |
[03:04] | Are you certain you can stand up to all this? | 你确定你能经得住吗 |
[03:07] | That you can swallow framing someone, | 能接受诬陷别人 |
[03:09] | even if that person is, in fact, guilty? | 即便那个人本身也是有罪的吗 |
[03:12] | I can live with it. | 我能接受 |
[03:14] | I need to be sure. | 我需要确认这一点 |
[03:16] | ‘Cause we are, as you just said, at the point of no return. | 因为我们的境地 如你所说 没有回头路 |
[03:20] | It’s no different than emergency room triage | 这跟大规模伤亡事件后 |
[03:22] | after a mass casualty event. | 急诊室验伤分类没有区别 |
[03:24] | You save who you can and force the fate | 你先救那些能救得过来的 |
[03:27] | of the rest out of your mind. | 其余人的命运只能放下心头 |
[03:33] | Hoped you’d see it that way. | 原本也希望你能这么想 |
[03:42] | So we agree this thing can never go to trial. | 我们同意这件事绝不能上庭 |
[03:46] | We all know what we’re doing? | 我们都清楚我们的选择 |
[03:48] | My number one priority: | 我最关心的是 |
[03:49] | getting Wendy clear of her short position. | 洗清温蒂的空头嫌疑 |
[03:51] | That’s my priority too. | 那也是我最关心的 |
[03:53] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[03:55] | But how? | 但是怎么洗 |
[03:56] | Connerty has my trade, from Spyros. | 康纳蒂从斯派罗那拿到了我的交易记录 |
[03:58] | Yeah. And the log with your visit to me. | 是的 还有你来找我的记录 |
[04:00] | And he can draw that to look like many things: | 而且他能把这归结为许多情况 |
[04:02] | co-conspirator in your scheme–or mine– | 合谋参与了你或我的计划 |
[04:04] | chief amongst them. | 这是最严重的指控 |
[04:05] | And nobody will believe it was a marital tiff, | 谁也不会相信是小两口闹别扭 |
[04:07] | which is what it was. | 尽管是事实 |
[04:09] | Oh. You guys fight? Who’d’ve figured? | 你们也吵架吗 谁也料不到 |
[04:11] | Cell phone records | 通话记录会显示 |
[04:12] | will show me calling Mafee from Chuck’s office. | 我是在查克的办公室给玛菲打了电话 |
[04:15] | I’ll handle that part. | 这个我来处理 |
[04:16] | I have people who will work to…massage those records. | 我有手下能…篡改那种记录 |
[04:21] | My mouth is dry. | 我口渴了 |
[04:23] | Adrenaline leaving the body, right? | 肾上腺素都飙出体外了 是吧 |
[04:31] | So should we talk about the part | 我们要不要讨论一下 |
[04:32] | we’ve been avoiding in front of her? | 一直避免当她面说的事情 |
[04:34] | You mean who we’re dumping this on? | 你是说我们找谁当替死鬼 |
[04:36] | That’s right. When there’s a body, | 是的 每当出现一具尸体 |
[04:38] | as the corpus of this juice company most certainly is, | 就如这次果汁公司仅存尸骨 |
[04:41] | there has to be a gunman in the depository window. | 仓库窗口里面就必须有个枪手 |
[04:43] | Otherwise, they keep looking for the killer. | 否则 他们会一直寻找凶手 |
[04:45] | Yeah. And there’d need to be a financial trail laid in, | 是的 而且还要有一份财务记录 |
[04:47] | showing how he profited too. | 证明他从中获利了 |
[04:48] | So that’ll be your department. | 这个你负责了 |
[04:51] | You’ve proven yourself quite adept at financial trickitude. | 你已经证明了自己非常擅长财务方面的伎俩 |
[04:54] | No one’s proven that, actually. | 这个其实还没人能证明 |
[04:56] | Which is all the proof I need that you can pull this off. | 这正是你能做到的最好证据 |
[04:59] | Well, I imagine I can… | 不过 我认为我能 |
[05:02] | But we couldn’t have this going to trial, | 但是这事也不能上庭 |
[05:05] | with this person ending up on the stand | 如果这个人最终上了证人席 |
[05:07] | revealing all the holes– | 把真相都说了出来 |
[05:08] | No. He needs to be put in a mortal vise, so he takes a plea. | 不 要给他致命一击 让他认罪 |
[05:11] | That’s the only way the pilot light | 这是彻底熄灭 |
[05:12] | on Eastern’s case can be snuffed out completely. | 东区案子长明火的唯一出路 |
[05:14] | This player would need to be leveraged. Broken… | 一定要利用这个人 破坏… |
[05:17] | That’s dirty work. You have the stomach? | 这事够卑鄙的 你愿意做吗 |
[05:20] | Of a billygoat. When necessary. | 必要的时候 愿意大干一场 |
[05:23] | For her. | 为了她 |
[05:24] | For her. | 为了她 |
[05:26] | You think she can handle framing someone who didn’t do it? | 你认为她能接受诬陷一个无辜的人吗 |
[05:30] | Wendy’s got steel in her, | 虽然温蒂很坚毅 |
[05:31] | but I’ve never known her to go that far. No. | 但我从未见过她如此越界 我认为不能 |
[05:34] | So we’re either gonna have to keep it from her or s– | 所以我们要么瞒着她 要么… |
[05:40] | So who’s going to be our patsy? | 谁来当我们的替死鬼 |
[05:45] | Come on, boys, I think we all know someone | 拜托 我认为大家都心知肚明 |
[05:46] | needs to go down for this. | 有人得为这事牺牲 |
[05:52] | No, the Fulbright is a capstone, | 不 富布莱特奖学金是个顶峰 |
[05:52] | 两者都是美国奖学金 富布莱特奖学金学士即可申请 马歇尔奖学金研究生才能申请 | |
[05:55] | the Marshall is for real scholars. | 马歇尔奖学金才是给真正的学者的 |
[05:56] | Both prestigious, though? | 但都很有名吧 |
[05:59] | Yeah. Absolutely! | 那是当然 |
[06:00] | – I’m getting one– – I’m getting one too. | -我快得到了 -我也是 |
[06:03] | Well, I’m gonna get some more ice cream. | 我去再拿点冰激凌 |
[06:08] | Does anybody want some? | 有谁想要吗 |
[06:13] | – FBI! – Fan out! | -联调局 -散开 |
[06:15] | Step back. Everyone. | 全都后退 |
[06:16] | Dr. Gilbert this is a properly executed search warrant. | 吉尔伯特医生 这是正式签署的搜查令 |
[06:20] | Dad? What’s going on? | 爸 怎么了 |
[06:21] | – Why are these men here? – It’s a mistake. | -这些人为什么进来 -这是个误会 |
[06:23] | I-I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我没做什么违法乱纪的 |
[06:25] | You sure about that, Doc? Get after it, people. | 你确定吗 医生 好好搜搜 |
[06:29] | You’ve got this backwards. | 你们把事情弄反了 |
[06:30] | I’ve been working with Rhoades… | 我一直跟罗兹合作 |
[06:34] | He didn’t. | 不会吧 |
[06:35] | – Not the ketchup. – Oh, my God. Ari! | -不要碰番茄酱 -天啊 阿里 |
[06:53] | I guess I’m not the only one who can triage. | 看来会验伤分类的不只我一个人 |
[06:55] | Dr. Gilbert, my name is Chuck Rhoades. | 吉尔伯特医生 我是查克·罗兹 |
[07:00] | I am the United States Attorney | 是纽约南区的 |
[07:02] | for the Southern District of New York. | 美国联邦检察官 |
[07:07] | Are they watching us? | 他们在看着我们吗 |
[07:11] | No one is watching. | 没人在看 |
[07:13] | ‘Course not. You would never let them know you did all this. | 当然了 你可不想让他们知道这都是你干的 |
[07:17] | On the contrary, sir. | 恰恰相反 先生 |
[07:20] | I am here this fine evening to offer you the chance | 在这样一个美好的夜晚 |
[07:23] | to admit that you’re the one who planned | 我是来给你一个机会 |
[07:26] | and executed the Ice Juice sabotage. | 承认你策划并实施了冰果汁的破坏行动 |
[07:30] | To avoid the embarrassment of a public trial. | 避免公开庭审的尴尬 |
[07:33] | Avoid embarrassment? | 避免尴尬 |
[07:37] | You had me arrested in front of my children! | 你当着我孩子的面逮捕了我 |
[07:40] | And you know I’m innocent. | 而且你知道我是无辜的 |
[07:42] | Innocent? | 无辜的 |
[07:44] | No. | 不 |
[07:46] | I cannot credit that assertion. | 我不赞成这种主张 |
[07:52] | I want my lawyer. I want a trial. | 我要律师 我要庭审 |
[07:54] | I want to stand up in open court | 我要在公开法庭上作证 |
[07:56] | and tell them exactly what happened. | 把事实的真相告诉他们 |
[07:58] | I will admit to everything I did, | 我会承认我所做的一切 |
[07:59] | just so I can air out what everyone else did. | 这样我就能说出其它人都做了什么 |
[08:03] | What you did. | 你做了什么 |
[08:05] | When your lawyer arrives, they’ll notify me. | 你律师到了的时候 他们会通知我的 |
[08:08] | But… if I escort him in here, | 但我让他进来的话 |
[08:13] | the FBI comes along. | 联调局也会插手 |
[08:15] | And they won’t be interested in your fanciful stories. | 他们可不会对你的奇幻故事有兴趣 |
[08:18] | Only in the physical evidence they found in your refrigerator. | 他们只关心在你冰箱里发现的实证 |
[08:22] | And the profits you made around Ice Juice. | 以及你利用冰果汁牟取的利益 |
[08:26] | I didn’t make any ‘profits’. And I still want a lawyer. | 我没有牟取任何利益 我还是想要律师 |
[08:30] | Think. | 三思 |
[08:36] | I’m going to step out for a cup of coffee. Huh? | 我要出去喝杯咖啡 |
[08:39] | Why’s it always a cup of coffee? | 为什么总是咖啡 |
[08:42] | Car salesman pretends to get coffee. | 汽车销售员假装去喝咖啡 |
[08:44] | Cops on TV. | 电视上的警察 |
[08:47] | You. | 你 |
[08:49] | Well, it goes down easier than hemlock. | 它比毒芹汁容易下咽 |
[08:58] | There are few days such as this, huh? | 今天这样的日子很稀罕对吧 |
[09:01] | It’s like when the custom cutters | 就像收割公司的人 |
[09:02] | show up at grandpa’s farm. | 出现在爷爷农场里的时候 |
[09:04] | It’s a true day of reckoning. | 是真正的结算之日 |
[09:06] | Circled on the calendar for a year | 一年前就在日历中标好了 |
[09:08] | and your crops better be ready. | 最好准备好你的庄稼 |
[09:12] | You’ve had your week to prepare, Mr. Connerty. | 你用了一周时间准备 康纳蒂先生 |
[09:15] | Begin. | 开始吧 |
[09:19] | I’m happy to report there’s new evidence, | 我很高兴报告找到了新证据 |
[09:21] | there are theories on the crime | 对这起犯罪已有几种思路 |
[09:22] | and the larger picture has come into view… | 并且整体情况也开始清晰 |
[09:26] | Status? | 情况如何 |
[09:27] | We’ve run into an impediment. | 我们遇到了障碍 |
[09:29] | What kind? | 什么障碍 |
[09:31] | Cyber. OneSky Wireless. | 网络 一天无线公司 |
[09:33] | Wendy Rhoades’s cell provider– | 温蒂·罗兹的手机供应商 |
[09:35] | and we are currently unable to hack it | 我们目前无法黑掉它 |
[09:36] | and manipulate call records related to the short. | 并修改与做空有关的电话记录 |
[09:39] | Time frame? | 需要多久 |
[09:40] | Eight to ten days. | 八到十天 |
[09:42] | Too long. | 太久了 |
[09:43] | I pay you to accomplish tasks in the window required. | 我雇你们是让你们按照要求完成任务的 |
[09:49] | This entire thing is a wide ranging conspiracy. | 这整件事情是一起涉嫌甚广的阴谋 |
[09:53] | “Conspiracy”? | 阴谋 |
[09:55] | That’s a four syllable word | 这是个四音节的词 |
[09:56] | which means you’d better be able to prove it. | 意味着你最好能证明它 |
[09:58] | Respectfully, Your Honor. The only conspiracy here | 并无不敬 法官大人 这儿唯一的阴谋 |
[10:01] | is the daft one my opposing counsel is engaging in. | 就是控方正酝酿的那起无稽之谈 |
[10:05] | Though, in fairness to him, | 虽然说句公道话 |
[10:06] | it might be more of a complex delusion. | 那可能更多的是一种复杂的幻觉 |
[10:09] | Respectfully, the pathetic delusion here is that | 并无不敬 这里唯一可悲的幻觉 |
[10:11] | your client might avoid trial, much less prison. | 就是你的客户可能逃脱审判甚至牢狱之灾 |
[10:14] | Well, one thing is absolutely clear. | 有件事很清楚 |
[10:15] | Neither of you know the meaning of the word respectfully. | 你们俩都不知道并无不敬这句话什么意思 |
[10:19] | The government has had ample time to present– | 政府本有足够的时间 |
[10:21] | not even evidence, | 出示证据 |
[10:23] | but the evidence that there is evidence– | 甚至只需证明他们持有证据 |
[10:25] | and they have not done so. | 但他们都没能做到 |
[10:26] | If there was a conspiracy, someone else is behind it. | 如果真有阴谋 背后也另有其人 |
[10:29] | There are witnesses who have described a bald man, | 有证人描述过一个留着山羊胡 |
[10:32] | with a goatee, dressed in black. | 穿黑衣服的秃头男人 |
[10:34] | This is a smokescreen, designed to distract the court | 那是个用来把法庭的注意力从此案 |
[10:37] | from the real villain in this matter, now as always, | 真正的从头到尾的恶棍波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[10:40] | Bobby Axelrod. | 身上分散的烟雾弹 |
[11:02] | Have you given much thought to the nature of guilt. | 你思考过罪的本质吗 |
[11:04] | – Where’s my attorney? – En route. | -我的律师呢 -在路上 |
[11:08] | Guilt is tricky, isn’t it? | 罪很复杂 对吧 |
[11:11] | You know more about that than I do. | 你比我更了解 |
[11:13] | And you’re guiltier, too. | 并且你罪行更多 |
[11:15] | Oh, no. That is a question of fact. | 不 这是个事实问题 |
[11:19] | But guilt is also a state of mind. | 但罪也是一种精神状态 |
[11:24] | Some of our greatest works of literature | 一些伟大的文学作品 |
[11:25] | probe this very issue. What is guilt? | 探索过这个问题 什么是罪 |
[11:29] | Who should be punished, for what? | 谁应该受罚 又为了什么 |
[11:32] | What is the cost– the grinding, wearing, price– | 即便逃脱了外界的责罚 |
[11:36] | of carrying internal culpability | 承载内在罪恶的代价 |
[11:38] | even while escaping external blame… | 或者说悔恨 折磨是什么 |
[11:42] | And often as not, right at the very center of the question, | 这个问题的中心往往 |
[11:47] | stands a great man who has transgressed. | 是一个犯了法的伟人 |
[11:51] | But I haven’t. | 但我没有犯法 |
[11:53] | And you are the one person who knows, | 并且你明确知道这点 |
[11:55] | with absolute certainty, that I am not guilty. | 我是无辜的 |
[11:59] | Oh, I’m not sure what you say is true, | 我不确定你说得对 |
[12:03] | if we go deeper than just facts. | 如果我们想得比事实更深入一些 |
[12:06] | In a criminal proceeding, | 在刑事诉讼中 |
[12:08] | facts are the thing. | 事实就是一切 |
[12:12] | I’m gonna stop talking until my guy is in the room. | 我的人来之前我都不会说话了 |
[12:16] | Yeah. I’d do the same in your seat. | 我要是你我也这么做 |
[12:46] | But facts are merely a place to start. | 但事实只是起点 |
[12:52] | No, we’re past them, you and I. | 不 我们早就谈过这一点 你和我 |
[12:55] | After all, I once, quite recently, | 毕竟 我最近曾经 |
[12:57] | gave you the chance to affirm that facts alone– | 给过你一次承认当真正的罪恶可能逍遥法外时 |
[13:01] | like who actually had the slide, | 事实本身不重要的机会 |
[13:03] | like actual proof against Axelrod being manufactured– | 比如玻片在谁手里 |
[13:07] | don’t matter | 比如 |
[13:09] | when true guilt is on the line. | 指控阿克斯罗德的证据有问题 |
[13:16] | And now I’m giving you another chance, | 现在我给你另一个机会 |
[13:20] | to remember who you are, | 来记起你真正的自己 |
[13:25] | to examine your own complicity, | 审视你共同犯下的罪行 |
[13:27] | your willingness to take another’s freedom. | 你侵害他人自由的意愿 |
[13:36] | Axelrod did the thing. | 阿克斯罗德做了这件事 |
[13:39] | You aided in it. | 你帮助了他 |
[13:40] | You used your skills and abilities to help him at one point, | 你用你的能力和技术 一时帮助了他 |
[13:43] | and then against him at another, | 又在攻击他对你有利时 |
[13:45] | when that suited you. | 转而攻击他 |
[13:47] | And you jumped at the chance | 你抓住机会 |
[13:48] | to torpedo his life to save your own. | 破坏他的生活来拯救你自己的生活 |
[13:51] | What does that say about you? | 这证明了你的什么品格呢 |
[13:55] | What does that say about your own need to atone? | 你不想赎罪吗 |
[14:00] | I’ll atone on my own time. | 我会用自己的时间赎罪 |
[14:04] | Now, why on earth would you atone for anything | 你是个无辜的人 |
[14:05] | when you’re an innocent man. | 你为什么要赎罪 |
[14:08] | I’ll take a moment with my client. | 我要和我的委托人私下谈谈 |
[14:37] | You lost there, pal? | 你迷路了 兄弟 |
[14:39] | You’ve become quite the bluenoser, haven’t you. | 你真变成当地人了 是不是 |
[14:42] | Well, I’m guessing you’re not here looking for | 我猜你来这不是想找 |
[14:44] | the nearest Timmie Ho-Ho’s. | 最近的蒂姆霍顿氏咖啡店 |
[14:49] | The team’s coming up short. | 队伍遇到难题了 |
[14:52] | They can’t hack into Wendy’s wireless carrier. | 他们黑不掉温蒂的无线运营商 |
[14:54] | They say the cyber defense is too tough for the time frame. | 他们说时间不够黑掉防火墙 |
[14:57] | Well, they’re who I would use… | 我也会用他们这样的人 |
[15:00] | and they do know that when you can’t hack a system, | 他们知道你不能攻击系统时 |
[15:02] | you’ve got to hack a person. | 你得攻击人 |
[15:03] | Should I tell them to do that? | 我要告诉他们这么做吗 |
[15:06] | They’re so young and spry, it’s possible they’ll leave | 他们太年轻气盛 |
[15:10] | a lot of broken pieces on the floor when they’re done. | 完事后可能会留下大量蛛丝马迹 |
[15:14] | Well, then I’m gonna need you to suit up. | 那我就需要你重装上阵了 |
[15:24] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[15:25] | He came to me. | 他来找我了 |
[15:30] | Called me in actually. | 实际上是叫我过去 |
[15:31] | Karl. Come in. | 卡尔 进来 |
[15:35] | What was he looking for? | 他要什么 |
[15:37] | Thanks for, uh, crossing the river. | 感谢你跨河而来 |
[15:39] | Ah, West Highland single malt. | 西部高地麦芽酒 |
[15:43] | Fourteen years old. | 十四年陈酿 |
[15:45] | When old colleagues– friends–get together, | 老同事 朋友相聚时 |
[15:48] | why not? | 何乐而不为 |
[15:53] | So, how are you finding Southern? | 你觉得南区怎样 |
[15:56] | It’s a spinning top. And it spins just my speed. | 简直是个陀螺 而且转速恰好适合我 |
[16:00] | Glad to hear it. | 很高兴知道这个 |
[16:03] | Is Chuck a facet of your day to day? | 你天天见查克吗 |
[16:07] | We’ve been known to rub elbows around the bubbler. | 大家都知道我们密切合作 |
[16:16] | Pure velvet. | 丝滑 |
[16:17] | You know what? Take the bottle with you when you’re done. | 你走的时候可以带走这瓶酒 |
[16:24] | Warm up your temporary quarters. | 让你在这个季节暖和起来 |
[16:27] | Be aware of US Attorneys bearing gifts. | 留神送礼的美国检察官 |
[16:31] | What do you want, Oliver? | 你想要什么 奥利弗 |
[16:34] | I’ll put it plainly. | 我实话实说吧 |
[16:37] | I’m worried Connerty is going to cough this thing up. | 我担心康纳蒂会把这事吐出来 |
[16:41] | And it’s going to splatter on me. | 并且会溅到我身上 |
[16:43] | I’m wondering if Chuck might be | 我想知道查克为了帮忙 |
[16:44] | working angles on his own, to help? | 是否在自己追查一些线索 |
[16:47] | Or only to help himself… | 还是说他只是在自救 |
[16:50] | Then you should ask him. | 那你得去问他 |
[16:53] | I’m asking you, Karl. | 我在问你 卡尔 |
[16:57] | Because you’re the one I got the job for. | 因为我给你安排工作就是为了这个 |
[17:00] | You’re the one I had the deal with– | 跟我达成协议的人是你 |
[17:02] | that at the right moment you would be there for me, | 答应过我在时机恰当时你会支持我 |
[17:05] | telling me what was going on from the inside. | 告诉我内部信息 |
[17:08] | This is that moment. | 现在时机到了 |
[17:13] | Well… | 这样啊 |
[17:15] | Are you backing Chuck Rhoades instead of me? | 你现在背弃我转而支持查克·罗兹了吗 |
[17:17] | Whoa, what a thing to say. | 你怎么能这么说 |
[17:20] | Look, Chuck Rhoades had to know this deal between us | 听着 当查克·罗兹聘用我时 |
[17:24] | was a possibility when he took me on board. | 他一定知道我们很可能达成了协议 |
[17:27] | So maybe that’s why he’s being cagey. | 所以他才会一直那么谨慎 |
[17:31] | Or maybe there’s nothing going on. | 还有可能根本什么事都没发生 |
[17:35] | Either way, I’ll keep you posted. | 不论如何 有事我会告诉你 |
[17:41] | Thanks for the hooch. | 多谢你的酒 |
[17:49] | There are too few old-line professionals in the field | 现在这年代 在这行里几乎没有 |
[17:52] | these days who recognize nuanced | 老派的工作人员 还有敏锐的嗅觉 |
[17:54] | shifts in loyalty. | 能察觉出效忠对象的转变 |
[17:57] | When I meet one, | 所以当我见到一位 |
[17:58] | it is an honor to imbibe with them. | 跟他一起喝一杯是我的荣幸 |
[18:05] | …Ok, let’s say there are indeed | 好吧 让我们假设 |
[18:06] | other bad actors involved. | 确实还有其他坏人参与其中 |
[18:08] | In fact, I intend to prove there are. | 实际上 我准备证明这一点 |
[18:10] | Accomplices, medical experts, bag men–these people | 共犯 医务人员 中间人 这些人 |
[18:13] | don’t exonerate Axelrod, as opposing counsel suggests, | 并不像对方律师所说能证明阿克斯罗德的清白 |
[18:17] | but they further show how Axelrod did what he did. | 他们会进一步证明阿克斯罗德是如何实施罪行的 |
[18:20] | And they show that this wasn’t just a case | 而且他们会揭示此案并不仅仅是 |
[18:21] | of a rogue billionaire acting out of spite, | 一位无耻亿万富翁对人使坏 |
[18:24] | but one who was very much like a bull in a ring, | 他更像是蓄势待发的公牛 |
[18:28] | using or enriching an equally dangerous figure, | 利用甚至培养了一位同样危险的人物 |
[18:32] | the wife of one who sits high atop | 一名女性 她的丈夫 |
[18:34] | the federal power structure in the government, | 在政府重要部门担任要职 |
[18:36] | and a major investor in the company. | 自己还是公司的主要投资人 |
[18:39] | And I intend to explode the whole thing– | 我准备将这一切曝光 |
[18:40] | Just a minute! This isn’t the Politburo, | 等一下 这里可不是政治局 |
[18:43] | you can’t just slander your neighbors | 你不能为了吃口饭 |
[18:45] | to get ahead in the bread line– | 就诽谤你的邻居们 |
[18:46] | Whoa! I invited you to my home for a nice dinner, | 好了 我请你们来我家吃大餐 |
[18:49] | you people are trying to turn it into | 而你们却想把这里变成 |
[18:50] | the Animal House toga party. | 《动物屋》里的罗马长袍派对 |
[18:53] | Chambers. Now. | 马上去我办公室 |
[18:57] | There are limits to what I will tolerate | 在我这一生中 我对所有事情 |
[18:59] | in all areas of my life. | 都是有容忍极限的 |
[19:00] | For instance, I’m fine with slightly undercooked pasta. | 比如说 我对没太煮熟的意大利面没意见 |
[19:03] | But overcook it, and we are no longer eating together. | 但如果煮过头了 那我们永远不会再一起吃饭 |
[19:06] | I see it exactly the same way. | 我跟你想法一摸一样 |
[19:08] | I also don’t like brown nosing, Mr. Bach. | 我也不喜欢被人拍马屁 巴赫先生 |
[19:11] | Mr. Connerty, it seemed as though you were about | 康纳蒂先生 之前你看起来就像 |
[19:13] | to detonate a bomb in my courtroom | 准备在我的法庭上引爆炸弹 |
[19:14] | without regard for casualties. | 却完全不考虑伤亡情况 |
[19:16] | Instead, do it in here. | 所以你换作在这里说 |
[19:17] | If you’d have given me a little leeway, | 如果你之前能再给我点时间 |
[19:19] | you’d have heard that my case isn’t overcooked at all. | 你就会听到我的案子根本就不是煮烂了的意大利面 |
[19:21] | It’s al dente. | 有嚼劲极了 |
[19:25] | To the tooth– | 意思是要用牙咬 |
[19:26] | My last name’s DeGiulio, I know the phrase. | 我的姓是德朱利奥 我知道那句话的意思 |
[19:28] | Throw what you got against the fridge, let’s see if it sticks. | 把你的面扔出来 看能不能黏在冰箱上 |
[19:32] | -You’re thinking of flax. -Hemp protein is out now– | -你想说的是亚麻 -大麻籽蛋白已经不流行了 |
[19:34] | Mafee. What do you have there? | 玛菲 你吃什么呢 |
[19:36] | These are a?aí bowls. They taste like dessert | 这是巴西莓果碗 它吃起来像甜点 |
[19:39] | – but they’re filled– – I asked Mafee. | -但它富含 -我问的是玛菲 |
[19:41] | Oh. Right. | 那好 |
[19:45] | I’ll finish at my desk. | 我回我办公桌吃 |
[19:50] | Supposed to be healthy. | 应该很健康 |
[19:51] | I gotta start watching it now, | 我得开始注意了 |
[19:53] | I’m not a 20 year old laxer anymore– | 不再是那个二十出头的袋棍球狂人了 |
[19:55] | Lacrosse…right. | 袋棍球 对 |
[19:58] | I had football in my head somehow. | 不知为什么我以为你是打橄榄球的 |
[20:00] | No. Lax. Want some? | 不 袋棍球 想尝点吗 |
[20:03] | Uh, maybe later. Good for you though. | 以后再说吧 不过你这样挺好 |
[20:07] | Taking the next step in your growth. | 进入个人成长的下一阶段 |
[20:09] | Making a commitment to a healthy future. | 为了未来的身体健康做出承诺 |
[20:11] | Even if it’s the hard thing. | 即便这很难 |
[20:12] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[20:13] | I’d like to think that I can count on that commitment. | 我希望我指望得上那承诺 |
[20:16] | You can. You totally can. | 你可以 完全可以 |
[20:18] | Even if it’s hard. Even if it costs you something. | 即便这很难做到 还会让你牺牲掉一些东西 |
[20:24] | – Yeah? – Yeah, well, you know, | -是吗 -对 你知道 |
[20:25] | real commitment isn’t just a?aí bowls. | 真正的 承诺可不仅仅是巴西莓果碗 |
[20:28] | It’s a lot murkier. | 比那阴暗的多 |
[20:32] | Would you get into the murk, the muck? | 你会置身于黑暗 各种龌龊之中吗 |
[20:36] | For the firm? For me? | 为了公司 为了我 |
[20:39] | For your co-workers. | 为了你的同事们 |
[20:40] | Would you back them, all the way? | 你会支持他们吗 不离不弃 |
[20:44] | I’m sorry, are we talking a hypothetical | 抱歉 我们是在说假设的事 |
[20:46] | or something specific? | 还是什么具体的事情 |
[20:49] | I mean, you know I’d kill myself for the job. | 你知道为了这工作我可以去死 |
[20:51] | That I’ll do anything that’s expected. | 我会做任何公司需要我做的事 |
[20:54] | But if you need me to do something… | 但如果你需要我做一些 |
[20:56] | beyond the scope of trading | 交易以外的事情 |
[20:59] | or whatever, well… | 或是其他什么的 那我 |
[21:04] | Don’t sweat it, Mafee. | 别紧张 玛菲 |
[21:05] | We’re all good. | 没什么事 |
[21:08] | Enjoy your wholesome and healthy snack. | 继续吃你那安全健康的零食吧 |
[21:24] | A while back…you told me I no longer had a feel | 之前 你说我已经不知道 |
[21:28] | for all the personalities in here. | 这里所有人的性格了 |
[21:31] | I’m sure when you first started the place you knew | 我相信当你创立公司时 |
[21:33] | – everyone’s spouse’s name. – Yeah. | -你知道所有人配偶的名字 -对 |
[21:35] | And what sports the guys played in high school. | 还有他们在高中时参加了什么运动 |
[21:37] | There’s no way you can anymore. The place is too big. | 现在你不可能做到这一点 公司规模太大了 |
[21:40] | And you’re long past really caring. If you ever did. | 而且你也早都不在乎了 如果你在乎过的话 |
[21:43] | That’s true. | 说的也是 |
[21:44] | But you… | 但你 |
[21:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:46] | I “care.” | 我在乎 |
[21:48] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[21:50] | Especially for some of them. | 特别是他们其中的某些人 |
[21:52] | Like Mafee. | 比如玛菲 |
[21:54] | You and he seem to have a special bond. | 你和他感觉关系不一般 |
[21:55] | He brought me in, and supported my vision before even you did. | 是他雇了我 还在你之前就一直支持我的愿景 |
[21:58] | Well, he recognized it. I kind of took it from there. | 应该说他发现了潜力 之后基本就是我接管了 |
[22:01] | You did. | 确实 |
[22:03] | But. Mafee? | 但是 玛菲 |
[22:05] | I need to understand what motivates him, | 我需要知道什么能激励他 |
[22:07] | beyond the money and the trappings. | 除了给他钱或者赚钱 |
[22:10] | The idea that he’s serving something greater than himself | 能够为一个远比他自己重要的事情贡献一份力 |
[22:12] | is what drives him. But he…has an | 是他前进的动力 但他有 |
[22:14] | old fashioned sense of honor, chivalry almost– | 一种很传统的荣誉感 很像骑士精神 |
[22:17] | not in any paternalistic sense of the word. | 但没有骑士精神中独断的那一面 |
[22:19] | He took the fall with his frat for a hazing incident | 他跟他的兄弟会成员一起为了件欺凌事件受罚 |
[22:22] | even though he wasn’t part of it. | 即便他根本没参与其中 |
[22:23] | Anyway, he’d skirt the line | 总之 如果他觉得无伤大雅 |
[22:24] | if he couldn’t see the harm in it, | 他会钻些空子 |
[22:25] | especially if it benefited the organization as a whole, | 如果对整个组织有好处就更愿意做了 |
[22:28] | but he’d never do something truly against | 但他永远不会做那些不符合 |
[22:30] | his sense of wrong and right. | 他是非观的事情 |
[22:31] | Something that would cause him dishonor. | 那些会让他名誉受损的事 |
[22:33] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[22:35] | Do you think he’d consider lying dishonorable by its nature? | 你觉得他会认为撒谎是一种耻辱吗 |
[22:39] | It would depend on the situation. | 这要看情况 |
[22:40] | He might lie to protect a friend. | 他也许会为了保护朋友而撒谎 |
[22:41] | Or someone he loved. But that’s it. | 或是为了他爱的人 但仅限于此 |
[22:46] | Is there something I can help with? | 有什么需要我帮忙的吗 |
[22:48] | Something I can do– | 有什么我能做的 |
[22:50] | No. | 不 |
[22:53] | Nothing right now. | 现在还没有 |
[23:34] | What the fuck?! | 这他妈什么鬼 |
[23:37] | No need to upset her. | 没必要吓到她 |
[23:40] | What is this? What do you want? | 这是干什么 你想怎么样 |
[23:44] | I want to know the price of a keystroke. | 我想知道敲下键盘的价钱 |
[23:47] | You’re blackmailing me, over her? | 你是在用她来勒索我 |
[23:51] | You think my wife gives a shit? | 你觉得我老婆会在乎吗 |
[23:53] | Got a different kind of a relationship, man– | 我们之间的关系跟常人不一样 伙计 |
[23:57] | Well, what makes you think I give a shit? | 你以为我关心你那点破事 |
[24:00] | I’m not here because of that. | 我来不是为了这个 |
[24:05] | I’m here because of the sixteen celebrities and politicians | 是为了曾经被你卖掉的 |
[24:08] | whose OneSky accounts you sold access to. | 十六位名人政客的一天账户 |
[24:13] | That’s a federal offense | 那么做触犯联邦法律 |
[24:16] | and you will go to prison for it. | 你会进监狱的 |
[24:21] | Or… | 或者 |
[24:39] | This is like a country song where the guy drowns his sorrows | 这就像歌里唱的 何以解忧 |
[24:41] | in whiskey only you’re using powdered chocolate. | 唯有杜康 只不过你喝的是热可可 |
[24:46] | Growing up in Aurora, | 我在奥罗拉长大 |
[24:48] | for pocket money I used to shovel driveways. | 小时候为了挣零花钱我给车道铲雪 |
[24:50] | Money was good. Best part was the hot chocolate. | 钱是好东西 但最好的还是热可可 |
[24:53] | Sometimes, it’s still the only thing that works. | 现在 有时也只有喝它才能缓解压力 |
[24:55] | I thought you were watching it, eating clean. | 我以为你在控制 健康饮食 |
[24:58] | I was…trying. | 我在 努力 |
[25:01] | What drove you to it this time? | 这次是为了什么 |
[25:02] | Just a feeling. | 就是有种感觉 |
[25:04] | I guess I was thinking about how much this job has given me. | 我在思考这份工作给了我什么 |
[25:08] | Like how I don’t have to worry about pocket money. | 比如不用为零花钱犯愁 |
[25:09] | Well, you have given to the job also. | 你也给这份工作添色不少 |
[25:12] | Yeah. And I’m proud of that. | 是 我很骄傲 |
[25:15] | Couple times a year I go home and see the guys. | 我一年回几次家看望老友 |
[25:17] | This one’s got a weed shop, this one’s still doing driveways | 有人开大麻店 有人还在给车道铲雪 |
[25:20] | during the winter– with a plow truck now, | 大冬天的 现在改用铲雪车了 |
[25:23] | but a shitty one. | 但是挺破的 |
[25:25] | This one needs a loan. Shit, they all do. | 有人需要借贷 他们都需要 |
[25:28] | Which you give them? | 你借给他们了 |
[25:30] | I do. Because I can. | 是啊 因为我有能力 |
[25:33] | Sometimes the guys make jokes about how I earned it. | 有时他们取笑我的挣钱方式 |
[25:35] | That at least weed is legal out there. | 起码大麻在那里合法 |
[25:37] | That what I do is even worse. | 我干的活儿要恶劣得多 |
[25:39] | But I’ve always laughed along because I know | 但我总是配合他们一起笑 因为我知道 |
[25:42] | I’m not one of the bad ones. | 我不是坏人 |
[25:44] | That they’re not gonna hear about me on the news. | 他们不会看见我上新闻的 |
[25:47] | That my reputation is good. You know? | 我名声不错 你懂吗 |
[25:51] | Yes. I do. | 是 我懂 |
[25:58] | The Feds interviewed me last week. | 上周联调局审问了我 |
[26:00] | So, in the matter of the Ice Juice short that you booked, | 就你操作了做空冰果汁一事 |
[26:03] | we will need you to stip to Wendy Rhoades calling in the order. | 你需要依此回答温蒂·罗兹致电的问题 |
[26:08] | This is the part where you talk. | 现在该你说话了 |
[26:09] | My client prefers not to answer. | 我的委托人不想回答 |
[26:11] | I bet he does. | 我赌他想 |
[26:12] | We will subpoena you to testify in court. | 我们会传唤你到法庭作证的 |
[26:15] | My client will not lie under oath. | 我的委托人宣誓后不会说谎 |
[26:17] | I’m not a liar. | 我不是个骗子 |
[26:18] | There you have it. | 听见了吧 |
[26:19] | My lawyer said I shouldn’t talk to anyone about it… | 我的律师不让我跟别人说这事 |
[26:22] | but I just don’t know if I should dive on | 但我不知道是否应该 |
[26:24] | a live grenade for this place or not. | 为这家公司扛雷 |
[26:28] | Would you? | 换你你会吗 |
[26:31] | It would depend on the reason and the circumstances. | 视起因和具体情况而定 |
[26:34] | Without knowing the specifics, | 不清楚这些细节 |
[26:36] | and I’m not asking you to tell me, | 当然我不是要你告诉我 |
[26:39] | I cannot give you a complete answer. | 我无法作答 |
[26:40] | But I can say this: The kid you were, | 但我可以告诉你 从前那个 |
[26:43] | the one who went out with a shovel | 别人都在睡觉 |
[26:44] | on freezing days while everyone else slept in, | 自己却要大冷天出去铲雪的孩子 |
[26:47] | that kid earned his way here. | 一路拼到这里 |
[26:48] | And will earn his way in this business | 不论阿克斯资本存在与否 |
[26:50] | whether Axe Cap exists or not. | 都能在这个行业立足 |
[26:52] | You really think so? | 你真这么想吗 |
[26:55] | The individual sacrificing themself for the whole | 牺牲小我成全大家 |
[26:57] | can be the most beautiful thing there is. | 可能是世上最美好的事 |
[26:59] | But not if it’s done under duress or for the wrong reasons. | 但若是别人胁迫或是动机不纯就另当别论 |
[27:04] | I don’t understand why you didn’t just | 我不懂你为什么不干脆 |
[27:05] | put a number in front of Mafee. | 收买玛菲 |
[27:07] | I felt like trying to buy him wouldn’t work. | 我觉得他不会为金钱所动 |
[27:10] | Make him feel dirty somehow. | 他会觉得肮脏 |
[27:12] | – And that’s a bad thing? – To him. Yeah. I think. | -那样不好吗 -对他而言是的 |
[27:16] | Then we threaten to fire his ass. | 那就威胁要开了他 |
[27:17] | I’d be careful there, Wags. | 瓦格斯 当心 |
[27:19] | You would. You’re a lawyer. But I’m a ruffian. | 你自然要当心 你是律师 我可是恶棍 |
[27:22] | I say we let him know: it’s not just Axe Capital, | 要我说就让他明白 不只是阿克斯资本 |
[27:24] | but it’s every shop on the Street. | 华尔街每一家公司都不会要他 |
[27:26] | You’ll be dead man walking. | 他会变成一具行尸走肉 |
[27:27] | Might actually harden his stance. | 也许会适得其反 让他下定决心呢 |
[27:31] | Well, we gotta solve this somehow… | 我们得想个法子 |
[27:38] | He papered the trade. | 这笔交易是他做的 |
[27:40] | The Feds will be questioning him. If they haven’t already. | 即便联邦局还没审问他 也是早晚的事 |
[27:43] | And once he goes on the record, | 一旦他的证词记录在案 |
[27:44] | we’re gonna be wrapped up in a straitjacket on this thing. | 我们做起事来就束手束脚了 |
[27:53] | His unwillingness to lie… | 他不愿撒谎 |
[27:56] | His sense of honor… His great, big, sweet heart. | 有荣誉感 性情体贴又正直 |
[28:00] | All these things that seem like impediments. | 这些看似是阻碍 |
[28:03] | We can use them. I can use them. | 但我们可以加以利用 我可以 |
[28:07] | How? | 怎么做 |
[28:08] | He likes me. | 他喜欢我 |
[28:09] | We all like you. | 我们都喜欢你 |
[28:10] | No. He likes me. | 不 他喜欢我 |
[28:14] | – That tracks. – It could work. | -玩这手 -也许有用 |
[28:15] | Oldest trick in the book. | 最老套的手段 |
[28:19] | Go to it. | 去做吧 |
[28:43] | How do you know it’s okay? | 你怎么知道可以这样做 |
[28:46] | You could be asking about one of six things. Specify. | 你可能在说六件事 说具体点 |
[28:49] | All of it. How do you know you have the right to give advice, | 全都算 你怎么知道你有权给人建议 |
[28:51] | to get into the motherboard and move around the processors. | 侵入主板 绕开中央处理器 |
[28:54] | Wouldn’t that render it non-functional? | 那不会让它失去功用吗 |
[28:56] | It’s a visual representation of the idea. | 这是具象的说法 |
[29:01] | I could say I’ve trained for it. | 我可以说我受过专门训练 |
[29:03] | But you’re not asking about my skill. | 但你不是要问我的技能 |
[29:06] | No. I’m asking about your authority. | 不是 我在问你有无资格 |
[29:08] | How you give yourself permission? | 你如何准许自己 |
[29:09] | Are you asking about me or you? | 你问的是我还是你 |
[29:12] | We all do it. With our assumptions and our own biases | 我们都一样 想做好事 |
[29:14] | and egos competing with our desire to do good. | 却总有疑虑和偏见 又很自负 |
[29:18] | But to be frank, I’m asking about you. | 不过坦白讲 我是问你 |
[29:25] | As in all things, | 与所有事情相同 |
[29:27] | I balance the issues in question, | 我让各种矛盾互相平衡 |
[29:29] | remember my oath, proceed from there. | 牢记誓言 然后出发 |
[29:31] | The doctor’s oath. Do no harm. | 医生的誓言 济世救人 |
[29:34] | Three words. And yet. | 寥寥数字 但是 |
[29:36] | Almost impossible to put into practice. | 实践中几乎无法实现 |
[29:39] | I need to know what brought this on. | 我想知道你为了什么跑来说这些话 |
[29:41] | Mafee. | 玛菲 |
[29:43] | Axe was asking about him. There are meetings going on. | 阿克斯问了他的事 公司频繁开会 |
[29:45] | I could see he was in extremis. | 我看得出来他正在风口浪尖上 |
[29:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:49] | Don’t you know? | 你不知道吗 |
[29:51] | Why would I? | 我为什么会知道 |
[29:52] | I assumed he’d talk to you. Which made me feel good. | 我以为他会找你谈 这个想法让我安心 |
[29:55] | It did? | 是吗 |
[29:56] | Yes. | 是 |
[29:57] | Because I knew, or felt I knew, | 因为我知道 或是自认为我知道 |
[29:59] | that you would only give him the wisest counsel. | 你会给他最明智的建议 |
[30:01] | That which would be in his best interests, | 于公于私 |
[30:02] | both professionally and personally. | 对他都很有利的建议 |
[30:04] | As you always do for me… | 你总是这么为我 |
[30:06] | Yes. Yes, of course. | 是 是 当然 |
[30:09] | But he hasn’t come to me. | 但他没来找我 |
[30:10] | I wonder why that is? | 我好奇这是为什么 |
[30:13] | I’m sure he has his reasons. | 我肯定他有自己的原因 |
[30:17] | But should he come to me, that is exactly what I’ll do. | 但他若是来了 我一定会那么做 |
[30:20] | Good. That’s what I expect you to do. | 好 我正希望你能如此 |
[30:23] | The right thing. | 但行好事 |
[30:31] | I got trading records. | 我拿到交易记录了 |
[30:33] | They’ll prove Wendy Rhoades is a co-conspirator. | 能证明温蒂·罗兹是同谋 |
[30:36] | She was on the Bad News Bears, | 她参加了《新少棒闯天下》的球队 |
[30:37] | playing right alongside her husband. | 跟她丈夫一起打球 |
[30:39] | Bad News Bears are the good guys. | 那支球队里都是好人 |
[30:42] | Bad guys were the Yankees. The rich kids. | 坏人都在洋基队里 一帮富二代 |
[30:44] | I was going for the team image. | 我说的是球队形象 |
[30:48] | Point is she was in on the securities fraud scheme. | 重点是她参与了证券欺诈 |
[30:50] | And she did it with her husband’s help and guidance, | 而且是在她丈夫的帮助和指导下 |
[30:52] | or at least his assent. | 至少他同意了 |
[30:53] | Now, their actions further highlight Axelrod’s. | 现在他们的行为更突出了阿克斯的行为 |
[30:56] | Bullshit. There is no way that you can prove– | 胡扯 你没办法证明– |
[30:58] | I have data placing her in Chuck Rhoades’s office, | 我有数据证明她当时就在查克·罗兹的办公室 |
[31:00] | after he’d heard about the impending Ice Juice | 那是在他听说冰果汁事件马上就要发生之后 |
[31:02] | disaster but before she traded on the stock. | 但是是她交易股票之前 |
[31:05] | What kind of data? | 什么样的数据 |
[31:07] | Data…I’m in the process of substantiating. | 那数据…我还在证实 |
[31:10] | And I have records proving she made the call ordering | 我也有记录能证实 |
[31:13] | an allocation while she was standing | 她打电话下令交易时 |
[31:15] | in the office of the US Attorney for the Southern District. | 就站在南区联邦检察官办公室里 |
[31:19] | That puts both of them in it. | 这说明他们都在那里 |
[31:20] | This is wrong, it is criminal, | 这是错误的 违法的 |
[31:22] | it is relevant to this case, and I can prove every bit of it… | 这些都与案件相关 我能证明我说的每一点 |
[31:38] | Hi, Mafee. | 你好 玛菲 |
[31:40] | Hey. | 你好 |
[31:44] | Nice place. | 地方不错 |
[31:46] | I had a roommate. But then I started doing well, | 我之前有个室友 后来我发展得越来越好 |
[31:48] | so now he’s gone… | 所以现在他走了… |
[31:51] | Alright. | 这样啊 |
[31:54] | Do you want a drink or a snack or something? | 你想喝点什么或者吃点什么零食吗 |
[31:57] | I’ll have what you’re having. | 和你一样就行 |
[32:04] | Let’s sit down. | 我们坐吧 |
[32:14] | Oh, god, here it comes. | 上帝 要开始了 |
[32:17] | I’m getting fired, aren’t I? | 我要被解雇了 是吗 |
[32:20] | Why do you think that? | 为什么那么想 |
[32:21] | I knew it when you texted about coming over. | 你说要过来的时候我就知道了 |
[32:25] | They think I’m not playing ball, | 他们认为我不够好 |
[32:27] | and they sent you over here to pop me, | 然后让你过来通知我 |
[32:29] | so there wasn’t a scene in the office… | 这样就不用在办公室里搞得太难看 |
[32:33] | That’s not why I’m here. | 这不是我来的目的 |
[32:34] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[32:36] | I’m not here to fire you. | 我不是来解雇你的 |
[32:38] | So what’s the visit about? | 所以你是来做什么的 |
[32:40] | You. Me. | 你 我 |
[32:45] | The two of us. | 我们两个 |
[32:46] | – Us? – The truth of us. | -我们 -我们的真相 |
[32:48] | Which truth? | 什么真相 |
[32:50] | Well, there can only be one truth. Right? | 只能有一个真相对吗 |
[32:54] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[32:59] | You’ve never known me to try to bend facts, | 你知道我从来不会歪曲事实 |
[33:03] | warp them to my needs in order to benefit, to profit. | 从不会为了自己的利益编造谎言 |
[33:07] | No, you’re–you’re a straight shooter. | 不 你是个很正直的人 |
[33:09] | Which is why it’s so ironic | 所以很讽刺的是 |
[33:11] | they’ll be coming after me for this trade. | 他们因为那笔交易来找我麻烦 |
[33:13] | You know I was acting on what you said. | 你知道我就像你说的那样做了 |
[33:16] | ‘Axe never gets a position of this size wrong.’ | “阿克斯不会重仓持错方向” |
[33:19] | You said that. | 这是你说的 |
[33:19] | – I did? – You did. | -我说的吗 -你说的 |
[33:22] | You may not remember it, but I do. Clearly. | 你可能不记得了 但我记的很清楚 |
[33:24] | Because it was my only direct trade. | 因为那是我唯一一次直接交易 |
[33:26] | I’d gone to see my husband when I decided. | 我决定的时候去见了我丈夫 |
[33:28] | So it’s ironic, but they’re gonna paint it to look like | 但他们会把这件事说的好像是 |
[33:31] | I was engaging in some kind of conspiracy, cheating– | 我参与了某些阴谋 骗局 |
[33:35] | No fucking way! That’s– that’s not how it happened. | 怎么能这样 事情不是这样的 |
[33:36] | We know that. | 我们都知道 |
[33:40] | But it doesn’t matter. | 但这不重要 |
[33:44] | All you can say is that I called you. | 你能说的只是我给你打了电话 |
[33:48] | Because that’s the truth. | 因为那是事实 |
[33:50] | Your truth. | 你的事实 |
[33:57] | I’ll tell them my truth. | 我会告诉他们我的事实 |
[33:58] | It’ll be what it’ll be… | 就这样吧 |
[34:03] | That’s terrible. | 那太糟了 |
[34:05] | I could– | 我能– |
[34:08] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[34:10] | How bad could it get for you? | 结果会对你很不利吗 |
[34:19] | No one else at Axe Capital | 阿克斯资本只有你一个 |
[34:21] | would ask how it would be for me. | 问了我会怎么样 |
[34:27] | That’s what makes you so special, Dudley. | 所以你如此与众不同 达利 |
[34:31] | I know you prefer your last name, | 我知道你更喜欢别人叫你的姓 |
[34:32] | but can I call you that? | 但我能叫你达利吗 |
[34:39] | Now I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[34:45] | You never answered me. | 你还没回答我 |
[34:47] | How bad? | 结果会对你很不利吗 |
[34:52] | Really, really bad. | 非常 非常不利 |
[34:56] | …What Wendy Rhoades did, by shorting Ice Juice, | 温蒂·罗兹所做的 做空冰果汁 |
[34:58] | not only destabilized a failing company | 不但让一家失败的公司变得很不稳定 |
[35:01] | but benefited herself, and her husband, Chuck Rhoades, too. | 还使她自己和她丈夫查克·罗兹从中获利 |
[35:04] | Which makes him guilty twice over. | 这使他罪加一等 |
[35:05] | Care to speak to Ms. Rhoades’s part in this, Mr. Bach? | 巴赫先生对于罗兹先生这部分有什么要说的吗 |
[35:09] | This is all far fetched, | 一切都太牵强了 |
[35:11] | it sounds like science fiction to me. | 听着就像科幻小说 |
[35:14] | You can really prove this? | 你真的能证明这些吗 |
[35:16] | My team has pulled the digital phone records that will do so. | 我的团队正在想办法拿到数字通话记录作证据 |
[35:18] | We will have hard copies and originals | 在庭审的时候 |
[35:19] | by the time we get to trial. | 我们就能拿到原件和打印件 |
[35:22] | As well as calling the executing trader as a witness. | 我们也能让交易员来作证 |
[35:27] | Alright. | 好的 |
[35:28] | That’s persuasive. Certainly worthy of a trial. | 很有说服力 值得开庭 |
[35:31] | Let’s go back to the big room | 让我们回到法庭 |
[35:32] | and button this motion up. | 确定这次动议通过 |
[35:36] | …This is why I love being a judge– | …这就是为什么我喜欢当个法官 |
[35:38] | you never know the direction the day is going to turn. | 你永远不知道庭审当天会有什么反转 |
[35:42] | Can you say that from the bench? | 你在长椅上能这样说吗 |
[35:44] | Why not? So many people complain about their lot in life, | 为什么不呢 很多人都在抱怨他们的命运 |
[35:47] | why not celebrate it every once in a while. | 为什么不偶尔庆祝一下呢 |
[35:50] | See, the thing is, | 看看 事情是 |
[35:52] | I was sure this case was headed for dismissal. | 之前我肯定这起案子会以驳回诉讼为结局 |
[35:56] | You’re not supposed to admit | 法官不应该说自己 |
[35:57] | that you have a feeling, but I did. | 会有预想 但我承认我有 |
[36:00] | Now, though, I have an opinion, | 但是现在我有了看法 |
[36:03] | which is an entirely different thing. | 这和预想完全不同 |
[36:06] | Judges are most definitely supposed | 法官当然最应该有看法 |
[36:07] | to have opinions. And mine is: | 我的看法是 |
[36:10] | we’re going to try this case, in open court. | 我们会在公开法庭审理这起案子 |
[36:14] | Let’s set a date for trial… | 让我们定个开庭日 |
[36:24] | Mafee made the call to Wendy. | 电话是玛菲打给温蒂的 |
[36:26] | He initiated. | 是他打过去的 |
[36:29] | I have something to say. | 我有话要说 |
[36:30] | – I need you to hear it now. – Alright. | -我需要你现在听我说 -说吧 |
[36:32] | Why would he say that? Why would he do it? | 他为什么那么说 他为什么那么做 |
[36:34] | He said that he has feelings for her, | 他说因为他喜欢她 |
[36:36] | and he saw a way to make money for her, | 然后他看到了一个可以让她赚钱的途径 |
[36:37] | – so he did it… – That’s bullshit– | -所以他就打了电话… -胡说 |
[36:40] | Maybe, but I just got the hard copies | 也许 但我刚拿到 |
[36:42] | from the cell phone company backing up his statement… | 电话公司的记录 能证实他所说的话 |
[36:49] | I am looking at the week of– | 我觉得这一周 |
[36:52] | Judge. Judge DeGiulio. | 法官 德朱利奥法官 |
[36:55] | When a man is about to give you exactly what you want, | 当有人把你想要的东西给你时 |
[36:57] | you don’t interrupt his train of thought. | 你不该打断他的思路 |
[36:59] | Didn’t they teach you that when you were a line pros? | 没人这样教你么 |
[37:01] | I have to, Your Honor. | 我知道 法官大人 |
[37:02] | Based on new information I just received, | 基于我刚拿到的信息 |
[37:04] | I need to confer with my superiors. | 我需要和我的上级协商一下 |
[37:06] | I have to ask for a recess before you set a date for trial. | 在您定下开庭日之前 我不得不请求休庭 |
[37:11] | Well, make it a short one, | 那就快点解决 |
[37:12] | I already gave you a week. | 我已经给了你一周 |
[37:13] | I want this settled by end of day. | 我希望今天就定下来 |
[37:25] | I had to scramble the jet up here for this. | 我不得不急匆匆赶过来解决这个 |
[37:27] | No need for niceties. | 就不要寒暄了 |
[37:29] | Now let’s run through it, | 直接浏览一下文件 |
[37:31] | see how the hell we got here, who walks and who doesn’t… | 看看我们有什么 谁逃脱谁入狱 |
[37:40] | Yeah. Connerty, the headline is: | 康纳蒂 重点就是 |
[37:43] | you’re going to have to fold your hand against Axelrod. | 你必须停止对阿克斯罗德出击了 |
[37:45] | That much is clear. Your case just fell apart like a cheap bed | 这点很明确 你的案子就像是拉格朗日妓院 |
[37:49] | in a La Grange whorehouse. | 廉价的床一样塌了 |
[37:52] | Fuck…Excuse me. | 操 不好意思 |
[37:53] | Understandable utterance, given the circumstances… | 鉴于现在的情况 你的表达方式可以理解 |
[37:57] | Now, Chuck, I don’t know how your wife got into the middle | 查克 我不知道你妻子怎么牵扯进来的 |
[38:01] | of all this. But it’s a damn good thing your office isn’t | 但你的办公室没负责起诉是件好事 |
[38:03] | prosecuting–otherwise we’d be tossed for conflict, | 否则我们会受到利益冲突 |
[38:06] | gross misconduct. You name it. | 严重渎职等各项指控 |
[38:08] | I agree. She did get in it–innocently, | 我同意 她是被无辜地 意外地卷进来了 |
[38:11] | accidentally–but now she’s out of it. | 但现在她已经脱身了 |
[38:14] | Yeah. So it appears. | 是 看上去是这样 |
[38:16] | All right. Any way we can take some scalps? | 好了 我们还能有战利品吗 |
[38:20] | The correct answer to that query better be | 这个问题的回答最好是 |
[38:22] | a resounding ‘sir, yes, fucking sir.’ | “是的 没问题 先生” |
[38:25] | What about this lovestruck trader, Mafee? | 这个被爱击昏的交易员 玛菲呢 |
[38:27] | He’s clearly perjured himself. And is guilty– | 他显然做了伪证 而且有罪 |
[38:29] | That’s civil, young ‘un. SEC’s problem now. | 那是民事诉讼了 年轻人 给证监会管吧 |
[38:32] | They’ll hit him with a big fine. | 他们会让他交大笔罚金的 |
[38:33] | As of this moment, | 到这一刻为止 |
[38:35] | we are no longer publicly tangling with Axelrod anymore. | 我们不再公开与阿克斯罗德纠缠了 |
[38:38] | So Axelrod and his firm get to walk? | 那阿克斯罗德和他的公司就能逃脱了吗 |
[38:40] | We can re-file– | 我们能重新递交 |
[38:41] | No. Let it die, God damn it. | 不 随它吧 真该死 |
[38:44] | SEC again, | 还是证监会的事 |
[38:45] | they’ll slap ’em with a big fine. They’ll take it. | 他们会拿巨额罚金打他们脸 他们会接受 |
[38:48] | That way, when they run us down | 这样 当他们用输掉案子 |
[38:49] | for losing the case, we can at least trumpet that. | 指责我们时 我们至少能鼓吹这一点 |
[38:51] | We do have a guilty party, General. | 我们的确还有一名有罪之人 检察长 |
[38:54] | The doctor behind creating or at least administrating the toxin. | 制造或至少管理了毒药的医生 |
[38:59] | Maybe not the initiator, but a bad actor all the same. | 也许不算始作俑者 但也是有罪一方 |
[39:01] | I would like to prosecute. | 我想起诉他 |
[39:02] | This doctor may be a little grimy, | 这位医生也许有些污点 |
[39:04] | but he’s no substitute for the real defendants in this case. | 但他无法代替本案真正的被告人 |
[39:08] | Well, somebody’s gotta fry… | 总有人要下油锅 |
[39:11] | I’ll grant you the latitude, Chuck, | 我准许你 查克 |
[39:13] | to pursue a case against this doctor. | 选择起诉这名医生的尺度 |
[39:16] | Now, Mr. Connerty, as the Axelrod matter is done, | 康纳蒂先生 既然阿克斯罗德的案子结束了 |
[39:19] | you are free to go back to the barn. | 你可以回马厩了 |
[39:21] | Go back to Southern? | 回到南区吗 |
[39:22] | Yep. That’s the one. | 没错 就是南区 |
[39:24] | Be good to have you back, Bryan. | 有你回来正好 布莱恩 |
[39:26] | And great to be back, Chuck. | 我也很高兴 查克 |
[39:28] | As you’ve got some cleaning up to do in court, | 既然你还要回法庭清理后续事项 |
[39:31] | you are excused. | 你可以走了 |
[39:35] | I suggest you lead with a sincere apology | 我建议你以诚恳的道歉开头 |
[39:37] | to the good judge for puking in his lap. | 毕竟你吐在了这位好法官的腿上 |
[39:54] | You nail this sawbones, Chuck, quick and quiet. | 你搞定这位医生 查克 要安静快速 |
[39:56] | You know I will, General. | 你知道我会的 检察长 |
[39:58] | I’ll certainly help any way I can. | 我会尽己所能帮忙 |
[40:00] | Will you now? | 你会吗 |
[40:02] | Well, isn’t that just fine… | 这真是太好了 |
[40:04] | Head on back to the office, get started. | 会办公室吧 着手办起来 |
[40:09] | Not you, Mr. Dake… | 不是说你 戴克先生 |
[40:25] | Your Honor. It pains me to say this: | 法官大人 说这些让我心痛 |
[40:27] | Since this morning, I’ve learned I had misinformation. | 今早至今 我发现我掌握了错误的信息 |
[40:32] | I can no longer prove that | 我无法证明 |
[40:33] | which I told you in conference. | 我在内庭中告诉您的信息 |
[40:35] | The facts seem to state that the trade was | 事实似乎指向 |
[40:38] | initiated by another party. | 交易由其他人而起 |
[40:41] | What can you prove at trial? | 你能在法庭上证明什么 |
[40:43] | Nothing on Mr. Axelrod at this time. | 目前无法证明阿克斯罗德做了任何事 |
[40:46] | The Eastern District–we’re dismissing the indictment. | 东区检察院 我们撤诉 |
[40:54] | Quiet! Quiet, quiet, quiet! Quiet! | 肃静 肃静 肃静 |
[40:58] | See, this is why life on the bench is so gratifying, | 你看 这就是为什么法官一职让人高兴 |
[41:01] | as I was alluding to earlier. | 如我之前所说 |
[41:03] | Whipsawed this way and that. Like a tetherball. | 两方拉锯 就像两人轮流击球的游戏一样 |
[41:06] | This will continue to go round and round. | 这还会一轮一轮继续下去 |
[41:09] | Even as we withdraw, we will, | 即便我们撤诉 我们还会 |
[41:10] | I will, continue to investigate. | 我依然会调查此案 |
[41:12] | Because this sabotage did happen. | 因为这一破坏确有发生 |
[41:14] | The stock was manipulated. | 股票受人操控 |
[41:16] | And we won’t stop until the right man | 我们不会停止 直至将真正的罪犯 |
[41:18] | is brought to justice for it. | 绳之以法 |
[41:20] | Well, we’ll need to leave that out of the record… | 我们要把这句话从记录中删掉 |
[41:23] | But I look forward to watching from the bleachers, | 但我期待从看台上看你怎么做 |
[41:24] | because we are done here. | 因为现在此案结束了 |
[41:46] | You know, at certain times, I find myself coming back to | 有时候 我发现自己会重看 |
[41:49] | Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. | 《虎豹小霸王》 |
[41:52] | I prefer to read. | 我更喜欢看书 |
[41:53] | Oh. Not a film fan? That’s too bad… | 不喜欢电影吗 太可惜了 |
[41:56] | As almost everyone else I know did, | 和我认识的大部分人一样 |
[41:57] | I watched it over and over. | 我看了一遍又一遍 |
[41:59] | They used to run it on the 4:30 Movie. | 他们以前会在4点30的电影节目放 |
[42:02] | There they were at the end, in Bolivia, wounded, | 电影结尾时 在玻利维亚 受了伤 |
[42:07] | pinned down, but sure they could shoot their way out | 被敌人压制 但他们一定能一如既往 |
[42:10] | of a bad situation as they always had… | 在逆境中杀出重围 |
[42:12] | The only problem was, they had incomplete information. | 唯一的问题是 他们的信息不完整 |
[42:17] | They were unaware that the whole of the Bolivian army | 他们不知道整个玻利维亚军队 |
[42:20] | had massed outside. | 都已在外集结 |
[42:22] | But it was that incomplete information | 但就是这一不完整的信息 |
[42:25] | that allowed them to run out, guns blazing, | 让他们得以火花迸射地逃出重围 |
[42:30] | into what? | 投入什么呢 |
[42:33] | Their noble deaths… | 他们英勇的死亡 |
[42:36] | But you’re a medical man. | 但你从事的是医学 |
[42:38] | You, more than most, know that this is a lie. | 你比大多数人都明白 这是个谎言 |
[42:43] | You know the only nobility | 你知道唯一高贵的 |
[42:45] | is in living another day. | 是多活一天 |
[42:48] | And yet here you are, | 但你还是走到了这一步 |
[42:51] | holed up, the guns all pointing at you, | 藏在这里 枪口都对准了你 |
[42:56] | and with incomplete information. | 知道的信息还不完整 |
[43:01] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你说这些是什么意思 |
[43:03] | Yes, you can share what you have now | 没错 你可以把你现在知道的说出来 |
[43:05] | or force us to file for discovery. | 或者强迫我们申请审查 |
[43:12] | I don’t– I don’t understand… | 我不 我不明白 |
[43:13] | We’ve recently came into possession of your trading records. | 我们最近掌握了你的交易信息 |
[43:17] | Outlining your handsome eleven million dollar profit | 显示你在破坏冰果汁公司事件中 |
[43:19] | on the Ice Juice sabotage. | 大赚1100万美金 |
[43:26] | What the fuck…? | 什么鬼 |
[43:28] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[43:29] | An investor account established, | 建立一个投资者账户 |
[43:31] | showing a big short position in Ice Juice. | 显示在冰果汁做了大量空头 |
[43:33] | But dated back before it happened. | 但要在股价跌之前建仓 |
[43:35] | Shit. Sounds fun. What’s the name on this account? | 该死 听上去挺有趣 账户归属谁 |
[43:39] | Ari Gilbert, MD. | 阿里·吉尔伯特 医学博士 |
[43:44] | Give me a moment. | 让我单独谈 |
[43:46] | Not a good idea– | 这个主意不好 |
[43:47] | Go… | 走吧 |
[43:59] | I see you’ve stacked it all against me, | 看来你堆了大量证据指控我 |
[44:02] | for some reason, even though I’m not responsible. | 不知为何 即便我并不为此事负责 |
[44:11] | I’m a cancer doctor. | 我是名癌症医生 |
[44:13] | I learned a long time ago all sorts of folks go down. | 我很早就知道各种各样的人都会死 |
[44:16] | All sorts live. | 各样的人都能活 |
[44:17] | It never has anything to do with who deserves which. | 和善有善报恶有恶报没关系 |
[44:21] | Do you allow yourself to judge them? | 你会评判他们吗 |
[44:24] | No. | 不会 |
[44:26] | Do you find yourself rooting for some. | 你会支持一些人 |
[44:29] | And caring, a little less, about certain others. | 对另一些人的关怀却少一点吗 |
[44:31] | Yeah. That’s only natural. | 是的 这很正常 |
[44:33] | But my treatment of them does not change. | 但我对他们的治疗不会有变化 |
[44:37] | Except in one case. | 有一人除外 |
[44:44] | This kind man. | 这位好人 |
[44:46] | Donnie Caan. | 唐尼·卡恩 |
[44:48] | And whether you convinced yourself that the payoff | 不论你是否说服自己 |
[44:51] | you took and devoted to research in order | 你收的贿赂和对研究的贡献 |
[44:53] | to save others was worth letting him die, | 挽救了其他人的生命 值得让他死亡 |
[44:56] | you know that this is the moment | 你都知道你理应 |
[44:59] | you deserve to face. | 面对这一刻 |
[45:02] | And this is the place you deserve to be. | 落到这里也是你应得的报应 |
[45:06] | That’s what this is all about–not some slide, | 这就是这一切的重点 不是什么玻片 |
[45:10] | not some role you played, not some money–but justice. | 不是你扮演了什么角色 不是为了钱 是正义 |
[45:19] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[45:20] | I did it. I-I let Donnie die. | 是我做的 我让唐尼死了 |
[45:22] | He was a terminal case. I withheld treatment. | 他晚期了 我隐瞒了治疗信息 |
[45:25] | To fund my research. | 为了获得研究资金 |
[45:37] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[45:40] | And I find myself rooting for you. | 我甚至支持你的做法 |
[45:44] | But we both know you belong in jail. | 但我们都知道你应当入狱 |
[45:47] | Five years. | 五年 |
[45:49] | No trial. Just a plea. | 不上庭审判 你只需认罪 |
[45:50] | I wouldn’t even need to claw back that money, | 我甚至都不需要追回那笔钱 |
[45:52] | which is in your name and, I assure you, quite real. | 我保证它的的确确在你名下 |
[46:01] | I can get your lawyer back in here and make it official. | 我能叫你的律师回来 就这么定下来 |
[46:17] | I-I-I asked you how you would plant the slide on Axe. | 我问过你要怎么把玻片栽赃给阿克斯 |
[46:24] | But how did you plant it on me? | 但你是怎么让我入套的 |
[46:46] | No, Doc. | 不 医生 |
[46:49] | The guilt must be doing things to your memory. | 愧疚一定篡改了你的记忆 |
[46:52] | You had it the whole time… | 你其实一直以来都留着它 |
[47:05] | Since you all managed not to shoot anybody on my raid, | 凭你们成功地在突袭中没向任何人开枪 |
[47:08] | I’m buying. | 我请了 |
[47:10] | And my credit card can take a lot of punishment, | 我的信用卡可额度不低 |
[47:12] | so get your drink on. Old-fashioned for me. | 把喝的都准备好 我还是点以前的 |
[47:14] | And whatever these animals are having. | 这群汉子想喝什么给他们什么 |
[47:16] | – All right! – All right! | -好棒 -太好了 |
[47:17] | Planning to drink it away? | 想喝醉来摆脱吗 |
[47:19] | – ‘Cause it doesn’t work. – What’s that? | -那可没用 -你在说什么 |
[47:21] | Your bleeding conscience over taking down Dr. Gilbert. | 为逮捕吉尔伯特医生而良心不安 |
[47:24] | Don’t worry about my conscience, it’s all stitched up. | 别担心我的良心 它缝合地好好的 |
[47:26] | -You cool here, Kate? -Yes. I am. | -你没事吧 凯特 -没事 |
[47:28] | Unless you’re going to swing on me like some Irish punk? | 除非你是想来打我一拳 |
[47:31] | Not gonna do that. Over there. | 我不会这么做 出来 |
[47:38] | You’re embarrassing yourself, | 别在跟我合作的探员 |
[47:39] | in front of agents that I work with, | 现在和将来都要跟你合作的探员前 |
[47:40] | and who you work with, and will again. | 让你自己出丑 |
[47:43] | I’m not the one should be embarrassed. | 我才不是该出丑的那个 |
[47:44] | I guess Lugo was just a warm up. | 我猜路戈只是个开始 |
[47:45] | It’s like eating those potato chips. | 这就会跟吃薯片一样 |
[47:47] | Once you get going prosecuting people | 一旦你开始起诉一个罪不至此的人 |
[47:48] | who don’t deserve it, it gets hard to stop. | 那你就很难停手了 |
[47:50] | There’s no linkage between those two cases. | 这两个案子间没有联系 |
[47:53] | Just one thing: Lugo is innocent. | 只有一件事 路戈是无辜的 |
[47:54] | And you know Gilbert is too. | 你知道吉尔伯特也是 |
[47:56] | Oh, he’s far from innocent. You should know that. | 他可洗不白的 你应该知道 |
[47:57] | And you need to stop worrying about shit like that and more | 你该停止瞎关心些乱七八糟的事 |
[47:59] | about how to make your own cases stick. | 多关注下怎么让自己案子立得住吧 |
[48:04] | I used to admire your political fluidity. | 我以前很欣赏你的政治顺应性 |
[48:07] | I thought it was sophistication. | 我曾觉得那是世故 |
[48:11] | Now I realize you’re just completely bankrupt. | 现在我意识到你只是毫无头脑 |
[48:16] | And I used to admire your dogged sense of what’s right. | 我以前还欣赏你对正义的坚守 |
[48:21] | Now I see it’s just plodding ignorance. | 现在我才看清那是呆板的无知 |
[48:30] | – There she is. – Kate! | -她在这儿 -凯特 |
[48:35] | Bottoms the fuck up. | 都干了 |
[48:36] | – Cheers! – All right! | -干杯 -好耶 |
[48:37] | – Damn. You did it. – Cheers. | -该死 做得好 -干杯 |
[48:41] | So here’s where we’re at. | 情况是这样 |
[48:44] | We can wrap up the civil charges against Axe Capital | 我们可以用一个不承认也不否定的和解 |
[48:46] | with a no-admit-no-deny settlement | 解决一个针对公司的民事控诉 |
[48:48] | and agree to a penalty of 390 million. | 并同意支付3.9亿美元的罚款 |
[48:52] | Or I can go back and try to chip them down– | 或者我再回去讲讲价 |
[48:55] | Nope. Done deal. | 不用了 就这样吧 |
[48:57] | Thought so… | 我想也是 |
[48:58] | And they’re whacking Mafee with a Tier 3 penalty–for fraud, | 他们还想用第三级罚款大砍玛菲一笔 |
[49:01] | reckless disregard of regulatory requirement. | 理由是欺诈 无视规章要求 |
[49:04] | The fine is 181,000. | 罚款18.1万 |
[49:15] | First check for 390 large | 第一张支票3.9亿大头 |
[49:18] | to the SEC. | 给证监会 |
[49:19] | Other one for 181K | 另外一张18.1万 |
[49:24] | to Mafee. | 给玛菲 |
[49:27] | For ‘expenses.’ | 费用支出 |
[49:28] | You got it. | 明白 |
[49:30] | Technically you gotta pay the fine yourself. | 严格来说 你得自己付罚款 |
[49:33] | Thanks, Axe. | 谢谢 阿克斯 |
[49:34] | Don’t thank me yet. You got the other thing? | 先别谢我 另外的东西你拿来了吗 |
[49:36] | Thanks, Helena. | 谢谢 海伦娜 |
[49:41] | Mafee, this is for you. | 玛菲 这个给你 |
[49:45] | For stepping up. | 勉励你挺身而出 |
[49:46] | For being the kind of rock | 勉励你成为了 |
[49:48] | that great companies are built upon. | 筑就伟大公司的基石 |
[49:52] | One million straight in crypto. | 一百万加密货币 |
[49:54] | In cold storage. | 随意取用 |
[49:56] | Pagando blackjack! | 中大奖了 |
[50:01] | Thank you, Mafee. | 谢谢你 玛菲 |
[50:03] | Of course. Thanks again, Axe. | 应该的 谢谢 阿克斯 |
[50:12] | You’d think a stick would make him smile. | 还以为给根棍就能让他笑了 |
[50:14] | Give me a stick, I’ll dance like a Cossack. | 棍子给我 我能上跳得像个哥萨克人 |
[50:26] | He fired you. | 他炒了你 |
[50:28] | It’s a setback, Oliver. Not a defeat. | 这只是挫折 奥利弗 不是失败 |
[50:31] | For you it’s a total victory. | 对你可是完全的胜利 |
[50:34] | Annihilation of the enemy. | 歼灭了敌人 |
[50:36] | And all in the vicinity, including me. | 还有和周边所有人 包括我 |
[50:39] | That’s an unfair frame of the events. | 这么总结并不公正 |
[50:41] | I was fodder. Don’t try to tell me different. | 我就是炮灰 别跟我说不是 |
[50:44] | I knew it, too, along the way. | 我也一直知道 |
[50:47] | But that’s the thing: once you’re inside the cannon, | 但事情就是这样 你一旦进入了大炮 |
[50:52] | there’s only one way out. | 出去的路就只有一条 |
[50:56] | Oliver. You took some clean cuts. | 奥利弗 你做了不少利落的事 |
[51:00] | It could have all broken right. | 后果本应该不殃及无辜 |
[51:02] | And it will next time. | 下次会变好的 |
[51:06] | You’ll be back. | 你能回来 |
[51:23] | Hey, Mafee. | 玛菲 |
[51:25] | Hey. | 你好 |
[51:28] | I wanted to thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[51:30] | For what you did. | 为你所做的事 |
[51:32] | For who you are… | 为你对我的意义 |
[51:35] | just my hero. | 我的英雄 |
[51:39] | And I want you to know | 我还想让你知道 |
[51:41] | that this is strictly platonic… | 这完全是柏拉图式的 |
[52:12] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[52:15] | You know the joke, right? | 你知道那个笑话吧 |
[52:17] | If you find yourself on a golf course | 如果你在高尔夫课上 |
[52:19] | in the middle of a lightning storm, | 遇上了雷霆暴雨 |
[52:21] | grab hold of a one iron, and it’ll keep you safe, | 赶紧抓住一号球杆来保命 |
[52:25] | because not even God can hit a one iron. | 因为连上帝也劈不中一号杆 |
[52:31] | Now, this is the one that Hogan used on 18 | 这是候根在1950年18洞球道上 |
[52:33] | at the Open in 1950 to get himself into the playoff. | 用它打进了延长赛的球杆 |
[52:37] | Sixteen months after the car accident | 那是他发生车祸后的第16个月 |
[52:40] | that most said would end his career. | 那是大家都说这是他职业生涯的终点 |
[52:43] | The Miracle at Merion. | 美浓的奇迹 |
[52:48] | Hogan won that event. | 候根赢了那场比赛 |
[52:51] | Put the accident behind him. | 把车祸置之脑后 |
[52:53] | That he did. | 他确实做到了 |
[52:55] | As we have, Dad. | 我们也是 爸爸 |
[52:58] | Those perjury charges against you will not be filed. | 对你的伪证起诉不会被记录 |
[53:04] | This club is a memento | 这根球杆就当做 |
[53:06] | to recognize the impossible. | 见证不可能的纪念吧 |
[53:12] | And you? Are you out of danger, too. | 你呢 你也安全了吗 |
[53:16] | That I am. | 是的 |
[53:36] | Hogan did win again. | 候根又一次赢了 |
[53:40] | And his swing looked the same. | 他的挥杆一如从前 |
[53:42] | But… | 但是 |
[53:46] | no doubt something changed. | 毫无疑问 还是有东西改变了 |
[53:48] | He had to feel beat up, older, | 他必须面对失败 衰老 |
[53:53] | like the wins cost much more. | 获胜的成本越来越高 |
[53:56] | That how you feel? | 你也是这么感觉的 |
[53:59] | I feel as old as you. | 我感觉自己跟你一样老了 |
[54:02] | Yeah. I can see it in your eyes. | 我能从你眼里看出来 |
[54:11] | After a win like this, I like to grab the wife, | 打了这样一场胜仗 我想带着老婆 |
[54:15] | roll out to Mohegan Sun, | 去金神大赌场 |
[54:17] | start with a couples’ massage | 先来几套按摩热热身 |
[54:19] | then party like it’s 1999. | 然后像世界末日一样狂欢 |
[54:22] | Orrin, I would say that’s TMI… | 奥林 如果不是我也很喜欢这样 |
[54:24] | if I didn’t love it so damn much. | 我会说这信息量也太大了 |
[54:28] | What are you going to do to celebrate? | 你们准备怎么庆祝 |
[54:30] | Oh. Something quiet. | 安静点儿的 |
[54:33] | You? | 你呢 |
[54:35] | Same. | 一样 |
[54:51] | I really wanted to put on a show for you tonight. | 我今晚本想打扮好跟你来一场的 |
[54:58] | It felt like we should… | 我觉得我们该 |
[55:05] | …But I just don’t have it in me. | 但我没这个心情 |
[55:13] | Well… | 好吧 |
[55:17] | You know what, Wend. | 你知道吗 温蒂 |
[55:22] | I don’t either. | 我也没有 |
[56:13] | Enjoy, my dauphin, you earned it… | 享受吧 我的皇太子 你赢来的 |