时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:07] | They’re in this. I can’t look away from it anymore. | 他们参与了此事 我没法假装看不到了 |
[00:10] | The Ice Juice short, how do I get a piece of that? | 做空冰果汁这事 我怎样才能有份 |
[00:12] | – I can make it happen. – As much as I can get. | -我可以把你算上 -能算我多少就算多少 |
[00:14] | Will your father hold up under questioning? | 问询的时候你父亲能挺住吗 |
[00:17] | He’s not taking my counsel at the moment. | 他现在不会接受我的任何建议的 |
[00:19] | Do you want access? | 你想进入吗 |
[00:20] | Yes, I believe I do. | 是的 我想 |
[00:24] | Just trace amounts on my signal. | 等我通知 只需微量 |
[00:27] | We have you pissing in the soup. | 我们找到了你作案的画面 |
[00:29] | And people’s lives were placed in jeopardy. | 你威胁到了他人的生命安全 |
[00:31] | I was told they weren’t in any danger– | 有人告诉我他们不会有危险 |
[00:33] | The man who instructed you. Describe him. | 告诉你这话的人 长什么样 |
[00:35] | Fifties. Bald. Glasses… | 五十多岁 秃顶 戴眼镜 |
[00:39] | After 18 hours, the toxin would evaporate. | 十八小时后 毒素就会失效 |
[00:41] | Do you want us to check his lab? | 你想检查下他的实验室吗 |
[00:44] | And his home. | 还有他家 |
[00:45] | I told you: I disposed of the slide. | 我告诉过你 玻片我丢掉了 |
[00:47] | How? | 怎么丢得 |
[00:48] | You have to trust me. | 你得相信我 |
[00:49] | If you don’t want to get on the stand, | 如果你不想出庭作证 |
[00:51] | then there needs to be physical evidence. | 就得有物证 |
[00:54] | An item that could speak for you. | 一个能代表你的物证 |
[00:56] | Finally got my read. | 我终于知道了 |
[00:57] | He’s made a deal with the government, and I’m fucked. | 他和政府达成协议了 我被耍了 |
[01:38] | We wear them for two reasons. | 我们戴这玩意有两点原因 |
[01:40] | To keep the aromas from escaping, | 防止香气外泄 |
[01:43] | and to hide this shameful and depraved act from god. | 防止上帝看到羞耻堕落的丑态 |
[01:49] | Well, if there were a god, I think he’d know. | 如果真有上帝的话 他应该能知道 |
[02:05] | Fifty thousand. | 五万 |
[02:07] | The other 50 and the visas for your family | 另外五万和你家人的签证 |
[02:09] | – you will get on completion. – Thank you. | -事成之后就会给你 -谢谢 |
[02:11] | If all goes well, | 如果一切进展顺利 |
[02:12] | we’ll have them out of Congo and in the States by summer. | 夏天时你家人就能从刚果到美国来 |
[02:14] | And your Axelrod will be where I once was. | 阿克斯罗德就会在我待过的地方了 |
[02:18] | You have the item? | 东西带了吗 |
[02:22] | In here. | 在这里 |
[02:25] | Now, the slide has an 18 hour half-life at room temperature, | 玻片在室温下半衰期是十八小时 |
[02:29] | so make sure you plant it in Axe’s medicine cabinet | 一定要把它放在阿克斯的医药柜里 |
[02:31] | or someplace away from sunlight. | 或者避免光照的地方 |
[02:32] | Infiltration of Axelrod’s penthouse | 潜入阿克斯罗德的豪宅 |
[02:35] | involves the highest degree of difficulty. | 难度极高 |
[02:38] | However, he will be at Art Basel in three weeks– | 他三周之后会去巴塞尔艺术展 |
[02:41] | The luxe life rolls on unabated. | 奢华的生活品质丝毫没受影响 |
[02:43] | Mechanical work is scheduled while he’s away. | 他不在的时候由机器监管 |
[02:46] | I will, uh, execute then. | 到时候 我会去做的 |
[03:02] | Look, I don’t want you to get in trouble. | 我不想让你有麻烦 |
[03:03] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[03:04] | Do you even know who I– | 你是不是不知道我是谁 |
[03:05] | Why don’t you get on the little earpiece | 要不你还是用小耳机 |
[03:07] | and talk to the people in there? | 跟里面的人沟通一下 |
[03:09] | I am Head of Compliance. | 我是合规部的主管 |
[03:10] | Authorized personnel only. | 仅限授权人员入内 |
[03:12] | They’ll authorize me. | 他们会授权我的 |
[03:14] | You’re not on the list. | 名单里没有你 |
[03:16] | But those two are? | 但是那两个在里面 |
[03:19] | Jury consultants. | 陪审团顾问 |
[03:22] | You give a guy a little bit of authority. | 稍微给人家点授权 |
[03:24] | Mason, Taylor. | 梅森 泰勒 |
[03:26] | Nope. | 不行 |
[03:30] | They’re clearly jealous of my standing in the company. | 他们绝对是嫉妒我在公司的地位 |
[03:34] | Pricks. | 混蛋 |
[03:41] | Status on the slide? | 玻片怎么样了 |
[03:43] | The slide is not in evidence at Eastern. | 东区的证物信息里没有玻片 |
[03:47] | Officially. | 没在官方记录里 |
[03:47] | Somehow that doesn’t give me comfort. | 这没让我感觉安心一些 |
[03:49] | Even if we could compromise an assistant at Eastern | 即便我们能搞定东区助理检察官 |
[03:52] | or remotely access the FBI case file– | 或者远程接入联调局的文件库 |
[03:54] | They’d hide it under a code name. | 他们也会把它藏在秘密名称之下 |
[03:55] | Our motion to dismiss is a much more direct solution. | 我们驳回诉讼的动议更为直接 |
[03:59] | If Eastern has the slide, the motion forces them | 如果东区拿到了玻片 这个动议会强迫他们 |
[04:02] | to reveal the evidence to prove they have a case. | 亮出证据以证明他们可以立案 |
[04:04] | And if they don’t? | 如果他们没拿到呢 |
[04:06] | Bryan Connerty has very little | 目前布莱恩·康纳蒂 |
[04:07] | on which to mount his prosecution. | 拥有的证据很少 |
[04:15] | If you come in, you got to retain Bach’s services. | 如果你进来的话 就得签署巴赫的服务协议 |
[04:17] | Attorney-client privilege. | 律师当事人保密协定 |
[04:23] | I don’t need ya that bad. | 我没什么急事 |
[04:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:36] | Nice weeds. | 草不错 |
[04:38] | So, this guy or… | 这个哥们 或者 |
[04:41] | girl or…whatever | 姐们 什么的 |
[04:43] | couldn’t spring for roses? | 买不起玫瑰吗 |
[04:44] | 加拿大创作型女歌手 女性主义者 | |
[04:44] | I’d have gotten you a K.D. Lang album | 要是我就送凯西·达恩·兰的专辑和 |
[04:47] | and tickets to UFC, cover all the bases. | 终极格斗冠军赛的门票 各方面都照顾到 |
[04:49] | They’re delphiniums. | 这是飞燕草 |
[04:53] | The petals are clustered according to the Fibonacci Sequence. | 花瓣的聚合方式符合斐波纳契数列 |
[04:56] | Also called the Golden Ratio. | 也叫黄金比例 |
[05:00] | It’s a series of numbers in which each number is | 这个数列的每一项 |
[05:02] | the sum of the two preceding numbers. | 都是前两项之和 |
[05:04] | It’s frequently echoed in art and in nature. | 艺术和自然界很追求这个 |
[05:07] | That’s a good gift too, then. | 那确实也是个好礼物 |
[05:09] | So, who’s the lucky…person? | 这个幸运的人是谁 |
[05:17] | From “Oscar.” | 来自”奥斯卡” |
[05:20] | Recent trip to Silicon Valley. | 你最近有去硅谷出差 |
[05:23] | 泰勒 想你 黄金分割和其他的无理数 奥斯卡 | |
[05:24] | Langstraat? | 蓝斯瑞特 |
[05:26] | A big billie. | 亿万富豪 |
[05:28] | Nice. | 不错 |
[05:29] | That long distance shit works for you? | 你们能接受异地恋 |
[05:32] | If we were in the same place, but each drawn to work | 如果我们在一个地方 但两人百分之九十的 |
[05:33] | with 90 percent of our time, it would be awkward, | 时间都埋头工作 那会很尴尬 |
[05:36] | or make it seem like our feelings didn’t matter. | 也会显得我们的感情并不重要 |
[05:38] | This is better. | 这样更好 |
[05:54] | Yo, quants. | 量化分析师们 |
[05:57] | You have back-test results for me? | 模型验证有结果了吗 |
[05:59] | This is based on the exact specs you gave me. | 这是根据你给我的参数做的 |
[06:04] | Not exactly, no. The specs I gave you were not a wish list. | 不完全是 我给你的参数不是心愿单 |
[06:07] | They included a threshold for returns, | 还包含了收益的阈值 |
[06:09] | which this simulation fails to meet. | 而这个模型并没达到阈值 |
[06:11] | Can you give us next steps, then? | 能给我们下一步指示吗 |
[06:14] | Vary position size when the system | 当系统数据低于市场一般价格的时候 |
[06:15] | underperforms the market, re-test and report back. | 变化头寸和仓位 重新检测再报给我 |
[06:28] | You know, every time I eat pig’s ears, | 每次我吃猪耳朵 |
[06:29] | I’m reminded of how alert and alive they once were. | 都能想起它们曾多么警觉活泼 |
[06:33] | Makes me feel a little bad. | 让我有点难过 |
[06:35] | Favorite thing on the menu. | 这是我最喜欢的菜 |
[06:37] | Of course, you can have them slice it for you | 当然 如果你不舒服的话 |
[06:38] | if it offends your sensibilities. | 你可以让他们切成薄片 |
[06:40] | No. I feel a little bad about a lot of things I do. | 不 我对自己做过的很多事情都觉得不舒服 |
[06:45] | Doesn’t stop me. | 但也阻挡不了我 |
[06:46] | That’s the way. | 这就对了 |
[06:50] | Zinfandel goes nicely, too. | 仙粉黛葡萄酒也很配 |
[06:57] | We need to begin time-lining your run. | 我们得制定你的竞选时间表 |
[07:00] | Scheduling events. Introducing you to some people. | 安排活动 给你介绍一些人 |
[07:02] | Uh, we couldn’t, not while I’m still in office. | 还不行 至少我还是检察官时不行 |
[07:05] | Not as an official candidate, of course. | 当然不是以正式候选人的身份 |
[07:08] | But we’ll have some dinners. | 但是会安排一些饭局 |
[07:10] | Casual. | 非正式的 |
[07:11] | But not at all casual. | 但不随随便便的 |
[07:13] | For the money folk, it’s a lot like watching | 对于有钱人来说 这跟在邱吉尔园马场 |
[07:15] | morning workouts at Churchill Downs. | 看马匹晨训差不多 |
[07:18] | They get a feel for you. | 他们要熟悉你 |
[07:20] | They, uh, assess your stride. | 评估你的状态 |
[07:23] | Then they decide how much they’re gonna wager. | 然后再决定自己要赌多少钱 |
[07:25] | While I work up a good sweat. | 就在我大汗淋漓的时候 |
[07:27] | I look forward to it. | 很期待 |
[07:31] | I need to know you’re squared away. | 我需要知道你准备好了 |
[07:35] | I’m as locked down as a Firstie at West Point, sir. | 我像西点军校的四年级生一样蓄势待发 |
[07:38] | The Axelrod situation will resolve itself very soon, | 阿克斯罗德的事很快就能解决了 |
[07:42] | and favorably. | 而且会很顺利 |
[07:43] | Then I will be unencumbered. | 到时候我就没有负担了 |
[07:46] | How’s your marriage? | 你的婚姻 |
[07:49] | Well, a man who makes proclamations on that tempts fate. | 在这方面做声明的男人有点藐视命运 |
[07:53] | But solid. | 不过很稳固 |
[07:56] | Good. | 好 |
[07:57] | Well, if you do have a good one, | 如果你的婚姻很好 |
[07:59] | the campaign’ll push it to the brink. | 竞选会把它推向边缘 |
[08:01] | If you don’t– | 如果不好 |
[08:02] | if there are any weaknesses– | 如果有什么弱点 |
[08:05] | it’ll blow out like a bad sidewall. | 就会像危墙一样倒掉 |
[08:07] | No concern there. | 这方面不用担心 |
[08:09] | I’ll need to sit with her. | 我要跟她坐下来聊聊 |
[08:15] | Grand. Do it. | 好的 没问题 |
[08:17] | Good. Well, very good, really. | 好 很好 真的 |
[08:21] | Nice eye contact. | 眼神交流不错 |
[08:24] | You’ve always been a man of purpose. | 你一直都是意志坚强的人 |
[08:26] | Which is exactly what we need. | 正是我们需要的 |
[08:28] | But we’ll also turn you into a man of the people. | 不过我们也会把你塑造成一个心系民众的人 |
[08:33] | I look forward to meeting Wendy. | 期待跟温蒂见面 |
[08:49] | This is it, right, | 到时候了 对吗 |
[08:51] | the dismissal hearing? | 驳回诉讼听证会 |
[08:53] | Boss, I got a good feeling about this. | 我有很好的预感 |
[08:54] | Glad you’re so confident. | 看见你这么自信我很高兴 |
[08:55] | Already put the Pink Champipple on ice. | 已经把酒都冰镇好了 |
[08:57] | Any day now, you’re gonna be back to trading, | 和往常一样回去开工交易 |
[08:59] | and everything’ll be like it’s supposed to. | 一切事情全都照旧 |
[09:01] | Hold the bubbly, Billy Buck Buck. | 先留着那个酒 美元大亨 |
[09:03] | – No premature cele– – Today’s about recon. | -不许提前庆祝… -今天是侦察日 |
[09:05] | I’ll look in their faces; | 我会跟每个人对视 |
[09:06] | see if they have something to hide. | 看他们是否有所隐瞒 |
[09:08] | Great suit. | 西服不错 |
[09:10] | Bespoke? Are those surgeon’s cuffs? | 定做的吗 可拆式袖口吗 |
[09:12] | Not a good time, leech. | 现在不是时候 吸血鬼 |
[09:14] | Am I gonna have to Mills Lane | 你们俩每次互动 |
[09:14] | 米尔斯·莱恩 美国著名拳击手 拳击裁判 | |
[09:15] | every interaction between you two? | 我都要给你们当裁判吗 |
[09:16] | – ‘Course not, come on. – You’re on your way to court. | -当然不是 -你要去法庭 |
[09:18] | Remember this: I’ve worked with Bryan Connerty, | 我跟布莱恩·康纳蒂共事过 |
[09:21] | studied him. | 研究过他 |
[09:23] | I can mirror the way the guy thinks. | 我知道这个家伙是怎么想的 |
[09:24] | You ever want to bounce anything off of me… | 你要是想从我这知道什么 |
[09:26] | We know where to find ya. Thanks. | 我们知道在哪儿能找到你 谢谢 |
[09:28] | Anyway, I’m right. | 我是对的 |
[09:30] | I feel it in my ‘nads. | 我的蛋都能感觉到 |
[09:32] | Are they ever wrong? | 它们出过错吗 |
[09:35] | Spring break senior year. | 大四春假的时候 |
[09:37] | Senor Frog’s. | 在青蛙先生餐馆失算过 |
[09:38] | Other than that– hundred percent. | 其它的 百发百中 |
[09:44] | Go get ’em, Axe! | 加油 阿克斯 |
[09:59] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[10:00] | I guess. | 应该好了 |
[10:01] | I have the case, I just don’t have the evidence. | 案子虽然在我手上 但是我没有证据 |
[10:03] | Wrong answer. | 这不是我想听的 |
[10:04] | You know the mantra over at the DEA? | 你知道缉毒局的口头禅吗 |
[10:06] | If you ain’t got video, you ain’t got shit. | 没有视频 就狗屁都没有 |
[10:08] | Well, we ain’t got video, Oliver. We got theories. | 我们没有视频 奥利弗 我们只有推测 |
[10:11] | If I were DeGiulio I’d dismiss this case. | 如果我是德朱利奥 我会驳回这个案子 |
[10:13] | Well, I do that too; | 我也会 |
[10:14] | try and make each person’s argument in the courtroom | 我们要在法庭上尽力驳回每个人的观点 |
[10:16] | ahead of time so I can make the counter argument. | 提前准备好反驳论点 |
[10:18] | But we don’t have to this time– | 但是我们这次不用这么做 |
[10:20] | they need to deal with the high bar to dismiss, | 他们得达到高杆标准才能驳回诉讼 |
[10:22] | the customary deference to Prosecution. | 要按照检方惯例来 |
[10:24] | Not to mention that dismissal | 更不用提驳回这起诉讼 |
[10:25] | would be poor optics for DeGiulio. | 会影响德朱利奥的形象 |
[10:28] | He wants to sit this case. | 他想坐实这个案子 |
[10:30] | You know Axelrod is guilty. | 你知道阿克斯罗德有罪 |
[10:32] | Carry yourself with confidence in the courtroom, | 在庭上一定要自信 |
[10:34] | and DeGiulio will know it, too. | 德朱利奥能看出来 |
[10:35] | Confidence? | 自信 |
[10:36] | Not even Evel Knievel could jump the gap | 就连埃维尔·克尼维尔都跳不过去 |
[10:38] | between what I know and what I can prove. | 我所知道和我能证明之间的鸿沟 |
[10:40] | Then I suggest you do what Mr. Knievel always did. | 那我建议你像克尼维尔那样 |
[10:43] | Rev her high. Pray for mercy. | 车头挑高 祈福祷告 |
[10:45] | Try to put her down on the ramp. | 尽量落在斜道上 |
[10:46] | And hope you are one of the elect. | 希望你是被选中的那个 |
[10:52] | Mr. Bach, it’s your motion. | 巴赫先生 你的动议 |
[10:54] | – Move me. – I will. | -请说服我 -一定 |
[10:57] | Like Brian’s Song. | 就像布里安之歌 |
[10:59] | 职业橄榄球运动员布里安·皮科洛和 盖尔·赛耶斯的生平事迹的歌曲 | |
[10:59] | Because like Mr. Piccolo’s sad, short life, | 因为就像皮科洛悲伤短暂的声明 |
[11:02] | Prosecution’s case starts off hopeful | 检方的案子开始时充满希望 |
[11:05] | but ends in an untimely demise. | 但最后早早结尾 |
[11:08] | Your Honor, to date, the government | 法官大人 至今为止 政府 |
[11:10] | hasn’t alleged sufficient evidence | 并未提供证实阿克斯罗德先生 |
[11:11] | that Mr. Axelrod is guilty of any charges. | 任何罪名的充分证据 |
[11:14] | Yet my client has been unfairly stripped | 然而我的当事人却被不公正地剥夺了 |
[11:16] | of his ability to trade– | 交易的能力 |
[11:18] | while his firm, his employees, | 致使他的公司 他的雇员 |
[11:20] | and his family have all been destabilized. | 以及他的家人都非常不安 |
[11:23] | We ask that you bring this baseless campaign | 我们请求您终结这 |
[11:26] | to its conclusion. | 毫无根据的迫害 |
[11:27] | Your Honor, this entire motion is premature. | 法官大人 这个动议很草率 |
[11:29] | The jury gets to decide issues on material fact, | 陪审团基于重要事实作出裁决 |
[11:32] | whether or not they believe the evidence. | 无论他们相信证据与否 |
[11:34] | Mr. Bach is saying there’s no evidence | 巴赫先生说没有证据 |
[11:36] | for them to decide about. | 交给他们裁决 |
[11:38] | We are pursuing several threads. | 我们正在沿着几条线索追查 |
[11:40] | So maybe it’s not this motion that’s premature. | 所以可能不是我们的动议很草率 |
[11:42] | Maybe it’s your whole prosecution. | 是你们的起诉 |
[11:44] | Testimony that we initially promised to have, | 我们最初承诺会获得 |
[11:46] | that we meant to have, should have is not… | 也是我们想获得 应该获得的证言 |
[11:50] | available. | 无法提供 |
[11:51] | We have reason to believe that several of our witnesses | 我们有理由认为我们的几个证人 |
[11:53] | have been tampered with. | 被贿赂了 |
[11:55] | Your Honor– | 法官大人 |
[11:55] | Mr. Bach, there’s no jury to hear your pained objections. | 巴赫先生 现在没有陪审团来听你可悲的反对 |
[11:59] | Mr. Connerty, do you have any evidence | 康纳蒂先生 你有任何证据支持 |
[12:01] | to back up that claim…for why you don’t have any evidence? | 你所说的证言无法获得的正当理由吗 |
[12:06] | Not at this time. | 目前没有 |
[12:08] | Then…what do you have at this time? | 那么 目前你有什么 |
[12:11] | We are pursuing information about an operative | 我们正在追查一个我们确信 |
[12:13] | we believe is a direct link | 能证明阿克斯罗德先生和 |
[12:15] | between Mr. Axelrod and the contaminant | 陷害果汁公司的毒素有直接联系的 |
[12:17] | that sabotaged the juice company. | 相关人员 |
[12:19] | You have him in custody? | 你已经拘留他了 |
[12:21] | We are pursuing the thread to him. | 我们正在追查指向他的线索 |
[12:23] | So, in other words, all you have is evidence | 换句话说 你所有的证据 |
[12:25] | against someone who isn’t me. | 都是针对其他人的 |
[12:26] | Mr. Axelrod, do I look like I need your help? | 阿克斯罗德先生 我看起来需要你的帮助吗 |
[12:29] | Mr. Connerty, what do you know about the operative so far? | 康纳蒂先生 你对这个相关人员目前知道多少 |
[12:33] | Does he have a name? | 有他的名字吗 |
[12:34] | That’s…part of what we’re trying to ascertain. | 这正是我们试图查明的 |
[12:36] | We do have witnesses that can ID him. | 但我们有能够指证他的证人 |
[12:41] | If you find him. | 如果你找到他 |
[12:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[12:46] | You a music fan, Mr. Connerty? | 你听音乐吗 康纳蒂先生 |
[12:49] | Sure. Much as the next guy. | 当然 和边上那个家伙差不多 |
[12:51] | Yo-Yo Ma, Clancy Brothers and such. | 马友友 克兰西兄弟之类的 |
[12:53] | I’m thinking of the great George Clinton. | 我想到了伟大的乔治·克林顿 |
[12:54] | Who most famously said, | 他的最有名的名言是 |
[12:55] | “Free your mind and your ass will follow.” | 心之所至 身随其至 |
[12:57] | But only slightly less known and far more apt | 但有句稍不知名但更适用于法庭的话是 |
[13:00] | in the case at bar is, “You can’t fake the funk.” | 你没法伪造旋律的真谛 |
[13:03] | As much as I want to dance to your tune, | 尽管我想伴着你的乐曲起舞 |
[13:04] | if the groove isn’t fat enough, I’m just gonna stand in place. | 但假如旋律不够劲爆 我就只会原地不动 |
[13:06] | And right now, my feet aren’t tapping. | 现在 我的脚一动不动 |
[13:09] | That said, I don’t think you’re lying. | 这是说 我认为你没撒谎 |
[13:12] | I’m splitting the baby. | 我会酌情断定 |
[13:14] | I’m granting Mr. Connerty one more week. | 再给康纳蒂先生一周时间 |
[13:15] | At that time, the prosecution will produce | 到那时 要么控方提供的证据 |
[13:17] | evidence compelling enough to sustain the case. | 足以支持此案立案 |
[13:20] | Or I will grant Mr. Axelrod his dismissal. | 要么我批准阿克斯罗德的撤诉申请 |
[13:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:45] | Our project has been fast-tracked. | 我们的项目已经上了快车道 |
[13:47] | It needs to be accomplished within the week. | 需要在本周内结束 |
[13:50] | Well, the risks in execution are significantly greater. | 执行的风险会高得多 |
[13:57] | I’m going to need to double my price. | 我需要双倍酬金 |
[14:01] | So be it. | 就这样吧 |
[14:13] | You rattled? | 你吓坏了 |
[14:15] | Do I look rattled? | 我看起来像吓坏了吗 |
[14:16] | If you weren’t a little rattled, | 要是你没有吓坏 |
[14:17] | you’d have come right to my office | 你看到顶层被征用时 |
[14:18] | when you saw the top floor annexed like that. | 你会直接去我的办公室 |
[14:21] | But you played it cool. | 但你表现得若无其事 |
[14:23] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[14:25] | I wouldn’t use the word “Rattled,” But… | 我不会用吓坏这个词 但是 |
[14:27] | The situation upstairs indicates increasing odds | 楼上的情况表明最坏的情况 |
[14:29] | of a worst-case scenario. | 出现的概率增加 |
[14:31] | And you’re sitting here trying to figure out what? | 你坐在这是打算想明白什么 |
[14:34] | It’s on me to be ready | 应对任何 |
[14:34] | to address any subsequent instability. | 即将出现的不安定情况是我的职责 |
[14:38] | You’re wondering if Axe Capital can survive | 你在想阿克斯进监狱的话 |
[14:40] | Axe himself going to jail. | 阿克斯资本还能不能存活 |
[14:43] | Yes. | 对 |
[14:46] | Not as we know it. | 我们都不能确定 |
[14:48] | It’ll be about mutation. | 世事无常 |
[14:50] | The capital will still need to be managed. | 但阿克斯资本总需要管理 |
[14:52] | The people here are capable and the right ones to do it. | 这里的人有能力并且适合做这个 |
[14:54] | But can it thrive, grow, | 但是阿克斯入狱的话 |
[14:56] | and continue to really live if Axe goes to jail? | 阿克斯资本还能继续繁荣昌盛吗 |
[15:01] | That’ll come down to one thing. | 这就说到一件事 |
[15:04] | You know what that is. | 你知道那是什么 |
[15:08] | You. | 你 |
[15:09] | But that’s not news to you. | 但这对你不是新闻 |
[15:12] | Because part of you wants that challenge, | 因为一部分你想要这种挑战 |
[15:14] | part of you is terrified of it, | 一部分你恐惧它 |
[15:14] | and part of you hates yourself | 一部分你憎恨自己 |
[15:18] | for hoping he does go away, so you get a chance to see. | 因为你希望他离开好让你有机会知道答案 |
[15:21] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:22] | Even now I measure myself against him, | 即便是现在我都在将自己与他对比 |
[15:24] | as though he were gone. | 好像他已经不在了一样 |
[15:25] | And the thought of coming up short– | 想到马上 |
[15:26] | Measurable successes are seductive. | 可衡量的成功很有诱惑性 |
[15:29] | Especially when we’re young. | 特别是我们还年轻时 |
[15:32] | But when it comes to dealing with other human beings, | 但我们和别的人打交道时 |
[15:37] | we have to steer from instinct. | 我们要听从直觉 |
[15:39] | I don’t trust instinct. | 我不相信直觉 |
[15:40] | That’s because you’re defining it | 那是因为你将它理解成 |
[15:41] | in some woo woo spiritual way. | 一种虚无的精神产物 |
[15:43] | Don’t. | 别这样 |
[15:45] | Instead, think of your gut as the deepest part of you, | 把直觉当成你内心最深处的一部分 |
[15:49] | the part that can do internal calculations | 那部分可以在最高层次 |
[15:51] | on the highest plane. | 进行内部计算 |
[15:52] | Axe, at his best, does this. | 阿克斯在他全盛时期 就这样做 |
[15:54] | You want to be on his level, in the purest way, | 你想要完全达到他的水平 |
[15:58] | the most profound, then you must, too. | 那你也要这样做 |
[16:03] | Identify it. | 去认识它 |
[16:04] | Separate it from your fears, your hopes, | 把它和你的恐惧 希望 |
[16:07] | the other voices in your head. | 你脑子里的其它声音区别开 |
[16:08] | Because if you don’t cultivate instinct, and listen to it– | 因为假如你不培养直觉并且听从它 |
[16:13] | you’re fucking doomed. | 你就完蛋了 |
[16:25] | Now I am rattled. | 现在 我吓坏了 |
[16:32] | Bobby, they don’t have the slide. | 波比 他们没有玻片 |
[16:35] | Connerty’s slow playing us. He’ll roll it out at trial. | 康纳蒂在拖延时间 他会在庭审中拿出它 |
[16:37] | Nope. If he were, this was the moment | 不 要他只是在拖延时间 |
[16:39] | he would have produced it. | 之前就是他拿出来的最佳时机 |
[16:41] | So now, we run out the clock and game over. | 现在计时结束了 游戏结束 |
[16:44] | It’s pretty to think so. | 这么想很美好 |
[16:45] | When did you become a dyspeptic? | 你什么时候变得这么悲观了 |
[16:47] | When I started facing jail time. | 当我可能面对监狱的时候 |
[16:50] | When did you become a fucking Pollyannic? | 你什么时候开始盲目乐观了 |
[16:52] | You’re convinced this evidence is out there, fine. | 你相信他们有证据 好 |
[16:54] | Then tell me what you want me to do, | 那告诉我你想让我做什么 |
[16:56] | because you’re leaving me no options. | 因为你让我别无选择 |
[16:58] | You’re not interested in taking a plea, | 你不想认罪 |
[17:00] | you won’t leave the country– | 你不愿意出国 |
[17:01] | What’s the physical security like | 联调局的证据保管部门的 |
[17:02] | at the FBI evidence lock | 安全设施如何 |
[17:04] | – Come on. – State of the art. | -拜托 -最顶级的 |
[17:07] | We’ll look into it. | 我们会调查的 |
[17:08] | Get back to me when you know more. | 找到更多信息以后再来找我 |
[17:22] | We’re almost home. | 我们几乎要达到目的了 |
[17:25] | Don’t let your paranoia make you take unnecessary risks. | 别让你的受害妄想增加不必要的风险 |
[17:29] | Not unnecessary if they keep me out of jail. | 要能让我免受牢狱之灾就不是不必要的 |
[17:45] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[18:03] | I’m sorry, man. The deal is off. | 抱歉 兄弟 交易取消 |
[18:06] | Mr. Aduba– Roland– | 阿杜巴先生 罗兰 |
[18:07] | I won’t accept that; I can’t. | 我不接受 我不能接受 |
[18:09] | Axelrod’s residence is wrapped in barbed wire. | 阿克斯罗德的住宅防护严密 |
[18:11] | There’s simply no way to penetrate it in a matter of days. | 在几天内不可能破解 |
[18:16] | The whole fifty. A full refund. | 全部五万元 全额退款 |
[18:19] | You know, I usually don’t do such a thing. | 我通常不这样做 |
[18:20] | And your family? | 你的家人呢 |
[18:22] | Without me, they may never set foot on these shores. | 没有我 他们可能永远也来不了美国 |
[18:26] | If I’m in jail again, then I’ll be useless to them. | 我再进监狱的话 对他们也没用 |
[18:29] | I can shield you from that. | 我能护着你不进监狱 |
[18:30] | I cannot perform miracles. | 我没法创造奇迹 |
[18:33] | Neither can you. | 你也没法 |
[18:39] | Perhaps there’s an employee at Axe Capital | 说不定你可以说服阿克斯资本的员工 |
[18:42] | you can persuade to put it there. | 把它放到那里 |
[18:44] | Such as your wife. | 比如你妻子 |
[18:48] | Good luck, mukuyu. | 祝你好运 |
[19:09] | I didn’t know you were a runner. | 我不知道你喜欢跑步 |
[19:11] | Just about at my lactate threshold. | 就是一点有氧运动 |
[19:14] | Really clears the mind, | 特别提神醒脑 |
[19:16] | optimizes my performance at the office. | 让我在工作中表现得更好 |
[19:18] | Yes. Head of Compliance, is it? | 对 合规部主管 对吗 |
[19:20] | That must be quite a job, keeping those hooligans in line. | 肯定是个好活 约束这些流氓 |
[19:24] | I’m tough with them, and they respect me for it. | 我对他们很严厉 他们也为此尊敬我 |
[19:27] | And I got to say, it’s nice | 我得说 改变一下 |
[19:29] | working for a winner for a change. | 为赢家工作挺不错 |
[19:31] | Really. | 真的 |
[19:33] | Wasn’t that long ago we were working alongside each other | 好像也没多久 我们还在并肩奋斗 |
[19:36] | to nail Bobby Axelrod, and now he’s a winner? | 要逮住阿克斯罗德 现在他又是赢家了 |
[19:40] | You never did nail him. | 你从未逮住过他 |
[19:42] | Guess you got me there. | 你说中了 |
[19:43] | So, what can I do for you, Chuck? | 我能为你做什么 查克 |
[19:45] | It’s a simple assignment, easily accomplished. | 任务简单 容易完成 |
[19:49] | Use your access to help close out this case | 用你的渠道促使这起针对你 |
[19:52] | against your momentary boss, | 临时老板的案件结案 |
[19:54] | then rejoin the righteous. | 然后重回正义一方 |
[19:58] | You want me to be a cuckoo bird, | 你想让我当个布谷鸟 |
[20:01] | sneaking my eggs into another mother’s nest. | 偷偷把蛋下到其它鸟妈妈巢里 |
[20:04] | Yes, when the egg cracks open: destruction. | 对 破壳之时就是毁灭之时 |
[20:09] | Beautiful and total. | 美丽而彻底 |
[20:11] | You would be well-rewarded. | 你会得到很好的酬谢 |
[20:15] | Rewarded. How? | 酬谢 怎么酬谢 |
[20:17] | Well, when Axe Capital is inevitably found guilty | 阿克斯资本被不可避免地判定违反证券法时 |
[20:19] | of securities violations, you have my assurance–my word– | 我保证 我承诺 |
[20:23] | that you, as Head of Compliance, would be protected. | 你作为合规部主管会得到保护 |
[20:27] | Look, see, the problem is: | 问题是 |
[20:29] | I’m not some cuckoo bird, Chuck. | 我不是什么布谷鸟 查克 |
[20:31] | I’m a golden eagle. | 我是只金雕 |
[20:35] | So why would I do anything for you? | 我为什么要为你做事 |
[20:37] | It’s unfortunate I have to say it. | 很不幸我得把它说出来 |
[20:39] | You know what I have on you. | 你知道我有你的把柄 |
[20:42] | You mean accusations of a decades-old impropriety– | 你说指控大概十年前的非礼行为 |
[20:45] | Date rape. | 约会强暴 |
[20:46] | We’re not in Hollywood, Chuck. | 我们不是在好莱坞 查克 |
[20:48] | Nothing’s gonna happen. | 这根本不是事 |
[20:50] | Say it loud enough, they might even make me president. | 传播得够广 他们可能还会选我当总统呢 |
[21:07] | Probably not your best move right now. | 这可不是什么明智的一步棋 |
[21:10] | I need you to hear | 你得听听你不让 |
[21:10] | what you wouldn’t let me say in the courtroom. | 我在法庭说的话 |
[21:11] | I heard what you said. | 我听到你的陈述了 |
[21:14] | But you hear me: Men like Axelrod | 你得听我说 阿克斯罗德这样的男人 |
[21:16] | do what they need to do. | 只做他们需要做的 |
[21:17] | You counter not in here, in the courtroom. With evidence. | 你应该在法庭用事实说话 而不是在这里论辩 |
[21:21] | In a week. | 一周内 |
[21:22] | In a week. | 一周内 |
[21:23] | Goodbye, Mr. Connerty. | 再见 康纳蒂先生 |
[21:30] | No! | 不是吧 |
[21:32] | Why the hell would you risk coming to my chambers | 所以你冒风险来我办公室 |
[21:34] | just to turn heel and walk out? | 就这样转身就走了么 |
[21:37] | What weak cheese is that? | 太让我失望了 |
[21:39] | You said “Goodbye.” | 是你让我走的 |
[21:41] | I’m a judge. I give orders all day. | 我是个法官 每天都发号施令 |
[21:43] | You’re a litigator. | 你是公诉人 |
[21:44] | You find a way to disobey them without getting nailed for it. | 你要想办法在不犯法的前提下钻空子 |
[21:48] | Then I’m not leaving until you give me an answer. | 那你回答我之前我就不走了 |
[21:54] | That sensation you’re feeling, it’s known as the Dip. | 你现在的感觉 被称为”低谷” |
[21:57] | Seth Godin coined it. | 这词是赛斯·高汀提出的 |
[21:59] | Feels like the moment before defeat. | 就是你觉得要失败了的前夕 |
[22:01] | It’s actually the moment before success. | 但实际等来的是成功 |
[22:04] | Feels more like Death Valley. | 就像死亡谷 |
[22:06] | You care so fucking much. I love that. | 你对这个案子很执着 我喜欢 |
[22:08] | I love that. You’re meant for this shit. | 我喜欢这样 你就是干这事的最佳人选 |
[22:10] | Dig in, man. | 继续干 伙计 |
[22:11] | The world has lost countless artists and artisans | 这个世界少了无数艺术家 匠人 |
[22:14] | and engineers and even politicians who quit | 工程师 甚至是政客 |
[22:16] | because they cared too much to come up short | 就因为他们急于成功 |
[22:18] | and yet also too much to keep going. | 但事情都要慢慢来 |
[22:21] | You push through that Dip right now, | 你现在就快走出低谷了 |
[22:23] | maybe you put Axelrod where he needs to be. | 也许你很快能让阿克斯罗德去他该去的地方了 |
[22:31] | Why are you out of breath? | 你为什么呼吸这么急促 |
[22:33] | Bike ride. I have a recumbent. | 骑了单车 我有辆卧式自行车 |
[22:36] | Great for the hills out here. | 适合这里的山丘 |
[22:37] | Of course. More aerodynamic. | 是的 从空气动力学上看是这样 |
[22:39] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[22:40] | Meditation room. | 冥想室 |
[22:42] | Oh. I’ll go to mine, too! | 我也去我的冥想室 |
[22:47] | Why you hiding out in there? | 你躲在那干什么 |
[22:48] | I’m not hiding. My office has been commandeered. | 我没有躲 我的办公室被征用了 |
[22:51] | I’m working through issues with my algorithm | 我正在解决我的算法中的一些问题 |
[22:52] | and it’s the only place that’s quiet. | 这是唯一安静的地方 |
[22:54] | You ran another back test? | 你又测试了一遍吗 |
[22:56] | My programmers didn’t correct for slippage. | 我的程序员没有校正滑移 |
[22:58] | They’re software, not finance. | 他们擅长软件 不是金融 |
[23:00] | I have a vision for it that I haven’t yet been able | 我有预感 |
[23:01] | to realize in my design. | 我的设计还实现不了 |
[23:03] | A phrase uttered by the architect | 任何一位伟大发明的缔造人 |
[23:04] | of every great invention. | 都是这样说的 |
[23:07] | I can keep tweaking it and improve it incrementally, | 我能不断微调慢慢改进它 |
[23:09] | or– | 或者– |
[23:10] | Or start over. | 或者重新开始 |
[23:13] | Crap. Yes. | 太糟了 没错 |
[23:15] | I’d have to gut it. | 我得摧毁它 |
[23:16] | Feel like I just kicked over your Lego city. | 感觉好像我把你搭的乐高城市推倒了一样 |
[23:20] | What you said is true. Just frustrating. | 你说的是对的 我就是有点沮丧 |
[23:23] | Breaking trail is a lonely calling. | 开辟新道路总是孤独艰难的 |
[23:26] | Hang in. | 加油 |
[23:36] | Fuck. | 操 |
[23:41] | Send in Orrin Bach. | 让奥林·巴赫进来 |
[23:42] | They’re gonna like this. You’re doing a great job. | 他们会喜欢的 你干得不错 |
[23:43] | – I promise. – Sorry. | -我保证 -不好意思 |
[23:47] | I know I’m not allowed in the clubhouse, but Axe? | 我知道你们不许我来这 但是阿克斯 |
[23:50] | The baton is in my hand. | 胜利之棒在我手里 |
[23:53] | Sign this standard retainer letter. | 把这份协议书签了 |
[23:59] | You know what my favorite Olympic event is? | 你知道我最喜欢的奥运会项目是什么吗 |
[24:02] | It’s the four by 100 meter relay. | 是4X100接力赛 |
[24:05] | Because it’s about teamwork. | 因为那是团队合作的项目 |
[24:07] | It’s about the pass. | 是传递接力棒 |
[24:08] | Right now, I’ve got the baton. | 现在 我拿到了胜利之棒 |
[24:11] | But I’m passing it to you, Axe. | 但是我会把它交给你 阿克斯 |
[24:13] | You’re the anchor. | 你是关键的最后一棒 |
[24:15] | You’re gonna bring it home. | 你会接过这棒 |
[24:16] | You are gonna win. | 成为赢家 |
[24:18] | What am I gonna win? | 我能赢得什么 |
[24:19] | Your case. | 你的案子 |
[24:20] | Because of the baton? | 因为这根接力棒吗 |
[24:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:23] | Which in this case is not an actual baton, | 在这个案子里 它不是真实的接力棒 |
[24:25] | but is Dr. Wendy Rhoades. | 是温蒂·罗兹博士 |
[24:30] | I’ve been doing a little sleuthing about the IPO; | 我稍微调查了一下那次IPO |
[24:32] | you know, winners and losers. | 里面的赢家和输家 |
[24:34] | And I discover that one particular fund | 我发现有一个特别的基金 |
[24:36] | made a killing that day shorting the stock. | 通过做空大赚了一笔 |
[24:39] | So I look to see whose account it is, | 然后我查了那是谁的账号 |
[24:41] | and I notice there’s an irregularity. | 我发现那是一个不规则账号 |
[24:43] | So I keep digging, | 所以我继续调查 |
[24:45] | and lo and behold– it’s Wendy’s. | 最后发现 是温蒂的账号 |
[24:49] | The name on the account had been flipped with someone else’s. | 账号上的人名写的是别人 |
[24:52] | Now this is the first time she has ever even made a trade herself, | 那是她来了阿克斯资本后 |
[24:56] | in her whole history at Axe Cap. | 第一次自己做交易 |
[24:58] | So I get a buddy of mine who works for the NSA to find out | 所以我让美国国家安全局的朋友查了一下 |
[25:00] | where she was when she called in | 她在卖空那笔交易的时候 |
[25:02] | – the order for the short. – Wait. | -人在哪里 -等等 |
[25:03] | You had the NSA look into Wendy? | 你让国家安全局去查温蒂 |
[25:05] | Completely off-book. | 完全是暗中进行调查的 |
[25:07] | But guess where it pinged? | 但猜猜那笔交易地点在哪 |
[25:10] | Southern District of New York. | 纽约南区 |
[25:12] | Chuck’s office. | 查克的办公室 |
[25:14] | We got some real Whitewater shit here. | 真实版”白水事件” |
[25:18] | Needless to say: with this in Bryan Connerty’s hands, | 毋庸置疑 布莱恩·康纳蒂知道这件事后 |
[25:21] | the spotlight moves off of you | 就会把关注点从你 |
[25:23] | and shines all over Mr. And Mrs. Rhoades. | 移到罗兹夫妇身上去 |
[25:27] | Chaos grenade. | 浑水摸鱼 |
[25:32] | If this were the four by 100 meter relay, | 如果这是4X100接力赛 |
[25:34] | you would be disqualified for sniffing glue on the team bus. | 你会因为离间团队而被开除 |
[25:37] | This is the worst fucking ide | 这真是我这几年听过 |
[25:38] | anyone’s brought me in over a year. | 最糟的主意 |
[25:42] | Eh, you know, I am gonna try and forget | 我会试着忘记 |
[25:44] | we just had this little moment. | 我们刚才的对话 |
[25:46] | Also, the two thousand that I spent retaining Bach for you. | 还有我用来支付你刚才协议的两千块 |
[25:53] | He’s not wrong. | 他说的没错 |
[25:55] | Exposing Wendy’s short could be good for us; | 让温蒂的做空吸引火力对我们有好处 |
[25:57] | I’ve said it before. | 我之前就说过了 |
[25:58] | Yeah, and I’ve said: she is off limits. | 我也说过 和她无关 |
[26:03] | You still here? | 你还不走 |
[26:05] | Problem is: I already told Connerty. | 问题是 我已经和康纳蒂说了 |
[26:09] | I went full legality. | 完全合法地 |
[26:28] | The only reason you’re not flying | 我们还没把你丢出去 |
[26:30] | is because these windows don’t open. | 是因为窗户开不了 |
[26:33] | And we can’t fire you right now because it wouldn’t look good. | 我们现在不开除你是因为这不好看 |
[26:36] | But get the fuck out of our sight. | 但是赶紧滚出去 |
[26:39] | And stay there. | 然后静静待在那 |
[26:49] | I have to tell her. | 我得告诉她 |
[26:53] | Fuck. | 操 |
[26:55] | Godspeed. | 祝你好运 |
[27:30] | Come in. | 进来 |
[27:39] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:44] | Bobby. Out with it. | 波比 说话 |
[27:49] | The Feds have your Ice Juice short. | 联调局拿到你做空冰果汁的证据了 |
[27:56] | It was Spyros. To Connerty. | 是斯派罗给康纳蒂的 |
[27:59] | He thought he was helping me. I just found out. | 他以为是在帮我 我才知道这事 |
[28:02] | Are you sure it wasn’t you? | 你确定不是你干的 |
[28:05] | Not how it happened. I promise. | 我完全不知情 我保证 |
[28:18] | So, Spyros. | 所以 斯派罗 |
[28:20] | He gave him everything: | 他什么都交了 |
[28:21] | size of the position, your trading history. | 仓位大小 你的交易记录 |
[28:24] | Even when and where you called in the order. | 甚至是你交易的时间和地点 |
[28:27] | I could… | 我能… |
[28:29] | Chuck has said if these events get interpreted in this way– | 查克说如果这事发展到这种地步 |
[28:32] | painting me as a co-conspirator– | 我会被视为同谋 |
[28:33] | I could end up… | 我可能会… |
[28:34] | Yes. Jail. | 是的 会进监狱 |
[28:36] | But I will not let that happen. | 但我不会让这种情况发生 |
[28:38] | I’ll get you whatever you need. | 我会提供你所需的一切 |
[28:40] | The best lawyers; I’ll pay for everything. | 最好的律师 我来付钱 |
[28:41] | You have the best lawyers. Look where you’re at. | 你有最好的律师 但看看你现在的处境 |
[28:44] | I thought I had this locked down. | 我以为已经控制住局面了 |
[28:45] | Well, you didn’t. | 你没有 |
[28:50] | I know you did what you did with the same intention: | 我知道你那样干的理由和我一样 |
[28:53] | to protect those you love. | 保护你爱的人 |
[28:57] | And I, too, failed. | 我也失败了 |
[29:04] | What words do you need me to say | 我能说些什么 |
[29:06] | to make you feel safe? | 让你觉得能更有安全感 |
[29:09] | Are there any? | 有那样的话吗 |
[29:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:13] | No. Not really. | 没有 |
[29:17] | Right. | 好吧 |
[29:21] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[29:27] | How do you communicate with people? | 在这种情况下 |
[29:31] | In these kinds of situations? | 你和别人是怎么联络的 |
[29:32] | Oh. Here. Take my burner. | 用我的一次性手机 |
[29:34] | Don’t you need it? | 你不用吗 |
[29:35] | No. I got plenty. | 不用 我还有 |
[29:37] | Call me anytime. | 有需要给我打电话 |
[29:45] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[29:46] | I need to see you. | 我得见你 |
[29:50] | Remember back when I asked you for those SEC files? | 记得我那时问你要证监会文件吗 |
[29:53] | The transactions of all the people | 就是那些买进卖出冰果汁IPO的 |
[29:54] | who bought and sold stock in the Ice Juice IPO? | 所有人的交易记录吗 |
[29:56] | You know how you never got them for me? | 你没有拿到 |
[30:03] | I got ’em anyway. | 但我还是得到了 |
[30:04] | Tell me again how we have to leave Chuck | 告诉我 查克还能够 |
[30:06] | out of this investigation. | 置身事外吗 |
[30:17] | Forgive me, Lord. | 主啊 原谅我 |
[30:21] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[30:23] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[31:05] | It wasn’t Axe; Axe is fighting for me. | 不是阿克斯做的 阿克斯想保护我 |
[31:10] | Ari Spyros told him. | 是阿里·斯派罗泄露的 |
[31:14] | He thought he was protecting Axe. | 他以为他是在保护阿克斯 |
[31:16] | Yeah. And he knew he was fucking me. | 他知道他这是在对付我 |
[31:19] | How are we gonna make this okay? | 我们该怎么办 |
[31:25] | Chuck! I need you to tell me something. | 查克 说些什么 |
[31:27] | There is one avenue that may still be open to us. | 我们现在只有一条路 |
[31:32] | Connerty? | 康纳蒂 |
[31:34] | I need to make him want to get Axelrod | 我得让他比起抓我 |
[31:36] | more than he wants to get me. | 更想抓阿克斯罗德 |
[31:52] | What if I took a plea? | 如果我认罪请求轻判会怎么样 |
[31:54] | I understand you have an attachment to Wendy, | 我知道你和温蒂关系很好 |
[31:58] | but this isn’t just a question of you sacrificing yourself. | 但这并不是你牺牲自己就没事了 |
[32:03] | In every battle there are casualties. | 每场战役都会有伤亡 |
[32:05] | You’re talking about surrendering your kingdom | 你这是为了救一位忠诚的士兵 |
[32:07] | to save a single loyal soldier. | 就把整个王国拱手相让 |
[32:09] | She saved me. | 她救过我 |
[32:11] | And she’s not just a loyal soldier, | 她也不止是个忠诚的士兵 |
[32:12] | she’s the company’s fucking spirit animal. | 她可是公司的灵魂支柱 |
[32:16] | My people come unglued, she puts them back together, | 一盘散沙时 是她把大家团结起来 |
[32:19] | and better than they were before. | 并更上一层楼 |
[32:21] | Your own personal Oscar Goldman. | 你的奥斯卡·高德曼[小说虚构人物] |
[32:23] | If you will. | 可以这么说 |
[32:25] | You owe her, too. | 你也欠她的 |
[32:28] | That spread of yours out in Sagaponack? | 你在萨加波纳克的那片地 |
[32:31] | You wouldn’t have that without me, | 没有我你根本弄不到手 |
[32:34] | and I wouldn’t have Axe Cap without her. | 而没有她根本不会有阿克斯资本 |
[32:38] | You’d have to make a statement | 你得发表声明 |
[32:40] | that precludes any notion that you were baited. | 说明这事绝对不可能是你被下了套 |
[32:43] | Otherwise Connerty could still pursue them for conspiracy. | 否则康纳蒂仍会追查是否存在共谋行为 |
[32:46] | You’d be absolving Chuck Rhoades of any blame. | 但你这样 查克·罗兹就不会获罪 |
[32:51] | You’ll get seven years. Minimum. | 你至少会被判七年 |
[32:54] | And you’ll do over 80 percent of it because it’s Federal. | 而这是联邦罪 你得蹲80%以上的时间才能办假释 |
[32:57] | Lara will be a pariah. | 萝拉会被当成贱民 |
[32:59] | Your sons will be scarred; | 你的儿子们会留下心理阴影 |
[33:01] | it’ll haunt them all their lives. | 这噩梦他们一辈子都摆脱不掉 |
[33:03] | Maybe more than it will yours. | 可能比折磨你的噩梦更可怕 |
[33:10] | I’ll let you know what I decide. | 我决定了会告诉你 |
[33:18] | – Jesus Christ. – When you’re hungry in an hour, | -老天 -等你一小时后饿了 |
[33:20] | go get yourself some real sashimi. | 去给自己买点真正的刺身 |
[33:22] | Oh, god. Is that pineapple? | 我的天 那是菠萝吗 |
[33:24] | You got something to say to me, do it through proper channels. | 你要是有话想跟我说 去走正规渠道 |
[33:26] | Don’t hijack my lunch. | 别趁我午餐时突袭我 |
[33:28] | Or open your mouth and make things even worse for yourself. | 或者你现在开始说 让你处境更糟 |
[33:31] | There’s nothing you can offer me anymore | 现在没有什么东西能保证 |
[33:34] | to keep yourself out of this. | 让你全身而退 |
[33:36] | There’s a chance your wife can. | 不过你妻子仍有机会 |
[33:37] | If she says exactly what I need her to, in court, under oath. | 如果她能在法庭上宣誓后完全按我的要求作证 |
[33:40] | You won’t even do me the courtesy | 你甚至都不能以礼相待 |
[33:41] | of listening for a minute | 给我一分钟好好听听 |
[33:43] | – to what I have– – Oh, I’ll do you a courtesy: | -我想对你说 -我会以礼相待 |
[33:47] | I’m gonna come by your house tonight, | 我今晚会去你家 |
[33:48] | and the three of us will talk. | 我们三人一起谈谈 |
[33:50] | On the record. | 内容会记录在案 |
[33:51] | So whatever you want to say, save it for there. | 所以无论你想说什么 都等到那个时候再说 |
[33:54] | And get Wendy ready, too. | 让温蒂也准备好 |
[34:00] | If you’d rather do it in an interview room at Eastern, | 如果你宁愿在东区分部的审讯室里谈 |
[34:03] | that’s okay by me– but you better bring a lawyer. | 我也没意见 但你最好带着律师一起来 |
[34:05] | And I bet it isn’t gonna be Ira Schirmer. | 我打赌肯定不会是艾拉·谢莫 |
[34:21] | Redecorating? | 重新布置家呢 |
[34:23] | Bedroom, yeah. | 布置卧室 没错 |
[34:25] | You here to help me pick out the duvet? | 你来是要帮我挑羽绒被吗 |
[34:27] | No, I’m here to give you a heads-up. | 不 我来是提前让你有个心理准备 |
[34:31] | I think I’m gonna take a plea. | 我打算接受认罪协议 |
[34:33] | You swore you’d never do that. | 你发誓过永远都不会那么做 |
[34:35] | Well, things have changed. | 形势有变 |
[34:36] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[34:38] | Doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[34:42] | So what does this mean? You’re going to jail? | 所以会怎么样 你会坐牢 |
[34:45] | We’re gonna need to work out a visitation plan. | 我们得商量下探监的方案 |
[34:48] | Figure out what’s best for the boys. | 商量下怎么安排对孩子们更好 |
[34:50] | We’d probably move. | 我们可能会搬家 |
[34:52] | Maybe California. | 可能搬去加州 |
[34:55] | You’d move? | 你会搬走 |
[34:56] | You just said we need to figure out what’s best for the boys, | 你刚刚说商量下怎么安排对孩子们更好 |
[34:59] | and that’s what would be best. | 这就是最佳方案 |
[35:00] | What, them never seeing me? | 什么 让他们永远不见我吗 |
[35:03] | They barely see you now. | 他们现在也几乎见不到你 |
[35:05] | And that hurts them, but at least they still worship you. | 那样他们确实会伤心 但至少他们仍崇拜你 |
[35:08] | I’d be protecting that. | 我会保护他们对你的感情 |
[35:09] | You’d be ripping my heart out of my chest. | 你是在活生生地剜出我的心 |
[35:11] | I’ll do it without hesitating. | 毫不犹豫地 |
[35:13] | And no family court judge will stop me with you in prison. | 在你坐牢的情况下 没有一个家庭法庭会阻止我 |
[35:17] | What do you think it’d be like for the kids, | 你觉得孩子们会怎么想 |
[35:20] | going to see their dad on the inside? | 当他们看到他们的爸爸在坐牢 |
[35:22] | Do you really want them seeing you cut down like that? | 你真的想让他们看到你那么落魄的样子 |
[35:25] | No. | 不 |
[35:27] | I don’t want any of this. | 所有这一切我都不希望发生 |
[35:29] | But California? | 但加州 |
[35:31] | Yeah, it’s better not to be surrounded | 对 我们更适合去一个 |
[35:32] | by people who know who you are. | 周围的人都不认识你的地方 |
[35:35] | Not to mention where you are, and why. | 更不知道你身陷何处及其原因 |
[35:39] | Be too hard on them. | 不然对他们来说太难熬了 |
[35:46] | Bobby, you and I… | 波比 你和我 |
[35:50] | we ended up here, for now, | 我们虽然现在关系至此 |
[35:53] | but I know I didn’t make a mistake about you when we met. | 但我知道我们相遇时我没选错人 |
[35:57] | About who you were. | 不论是当时的你 |
[35:59] | Who you are. | 还是现在的你 |
[36:01] | And that guy would never give in, | 我认识的那个你永远不会放弃 |
[36:04] | because that guy would never believe, even for one second, | 因为他哪怕是一秒种 都不相信 |
[36:07] | that he couldn’t find a way to convince not one, | 他没有办法来说服 |
[36:10] | but all twelve jurors to see things his way. | 十二名陪审员跟着他的节奏走 |
[36:14] | Especially if it meant losing not only his freedom, | 特别是代价不仅仅是失去他的自由 |
[36:17] | but his family. | 还有他的家庭 |
[36:35] | When we spoke this morning, you were in California. | 我们早上讲话时 你还在加州 |
[36:39] | Too much? | 太过火了吗 |
[36:40] | I’ve been dealing with this with my performance coach. | 我的行为教练一直在纠正我 |
[36:42] | I can be…unreserved, | 我有时会心血来潮 |
[36:45] | a quality others have found off-putting. | 别人都觉得有点烦人 |
[36:48] | I don’t. Not in the least. | 我不那么觉得 一点也不 |
[36:52] | Twizzlers, Bit O’ Honeys, Juicy Fruit. | 扭扭糖 杏仁软糖 黄箭口香糖 |
[36:55] | Standard coding provisions. | 标准的编程必需品 |
[36:57] | You came to help me with the algorithm? | 你来是要帮我写算法的吗 |
[36:58] | To keep you company. You don’t need my help. | 是来陪你 你不需要我帮忙 |
[37:02] | I’m grateful, but I have to wonder | 我很感激 但我不得不问下 |
[37:04] | if this is really the best use of your time. | 这是否是真的最有效利用你时间的方式 |
[37:06] | Or your jet. | 或是你的私人飞机 |
[37:08] | This morning you got me thinking | 今天早上你让我想起 |
[37:09] | about my first job in Silicon Valley. | 我在硅谷的第一份工作 |
[37:11] | The whole time I worked there, we never knew | 我在那里工作的时候 我们根本不知道 |
[37:12] | if the company was gonna be alive at the end of the day. | 在当天结束后这公司是否还能存活 |
[37:15] | So? | 所以呢 |
[37:16] | We kept our heads down and grinded. | 我们一直埋头苦干 |
[37:18] | My work was exciting. | 我的工作很令人兴奋 |
[37:19] | But there were nights… I’d be in my cube, | 但有些晚上 我在自己的隔间里干活 |
[37:22] | the only one around. | 公司就只有我一个人 |
[37:24] | I remember feeling like it would’ve been nice | 我记得我当时想要是旁边有人 |
[37:25] | to have someone around to play Dragon Quest with. | 和我一起勇斗恶龙该有多好 |
[37:31] | We’ll go to my place. I’ll get my coat. | 我们去我家 我去拿下大衣 |
[37:43] | I know you and Dake had some kind of deal. | 我知道你跟戴克达成了某种协议 |
[37:47] | Kind of had it figured from day one. | 我一开始就感觉到了 |
[37:48] | I mean, how does that guy get appointed U.S. Attorney? | 那个家伙怎么会被任命为联邦检察官 |
[37:53] | But things got really interesting | 但在那天你最好的朋友本该 |
[37:56] | the day your best friend was supposed to testify | 出庭指证阿克斯罗德 但反咬了你一口时 |
[37:58] | against Axelrod–and instead came in and rolled on you. | 事情开始更有趣了 |
[38:03] | Whatever Ira may have said– | 不论艾拉说了什么 |
[38:05] | Sure, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[38:08] | He’s a disgruntled investor. | 他是个满腹怨言的投资人 |
[38:12] | That’s what your dad said. | 你父亲就是那么说的 |
[38:13] | He’s looking at a perjury charge | 他会因为作伪证被起诉 |
[38:14] | when I puncture that bullshit affidavit– | 在我拆穿那个满口谎言的口供后 |
[38:16] | but that’s later. | 但那都是后话 |
[38:17] | Ira said you baited Axelrod, | 艾拉说过你给阿克斯罗德下了套 |
[38:20] | which, I admit, seemed a little farfetched. | 我承认那时听起来有点牵强 |
[38:26] | And then I learned about the role Wendy played. | 但之后我知道了温蒂扮演了什么角色 |
[38:30] | And Ira’s statement began to seem pretty credible. | 艾拉的证词看起来就非常可信了 |
[38:36] | I know it all sounds… very bad. | 我知道这一切听起来 很糟 |
[38:39] | And I might conclude the same thing if I was you, | 如果我是你 我也会下一样的结论 |
[38:42] | but you have to believe me, I didn’t have a role. | 但你得相信我 我没扮演任何角色 |
[38:45] | There was no conspiracy. | 根本没有共谋 |
[38:47] | A jury’s gonna have a really hard time buying that. | 要想让陪审团相信这点会非常不容易 |
[38:50] | It’s a little premature to be talking about juries. | 现在就提陪审团有点为时过早 |
[38:52] | There doesn’t have to be a jury at all. | 你可以不走到陪审团那步 |
[38:54] | You can turn yourself in right now. | 你可以现在就自首 |
[38:57] | This can go one of two ways. | 现在有两种结局 |
[38:59] | You decide to fight this, | 如果你决定抗争到底 |
[39:01] | and I charge the two of you equally as co-conspirators. | 我会以同等的同谋罪起诉你们俩 |
[39:05] | Or, you both take a plea | 或者你们俩都认罪 |
[39:08] | and cooperate against Axe. | 跟我们合作扳倒阿克斯 |
[39:10] | Chuck’ll do time but you won’t. | 查克会坐牢但你不会 |
[39:13] | Whatever the medical board decides to do with you | 不论医委会最后决定如何处置你 |
[39:14] | is their business– but at least Kevin and Eva | 那是他们的事 但至少凯文和伊娃 |
[39:18] | will have someone at home with them. | 仍有人在家照顾他们 |
[39:23] | What is this really about for you? | 你这样做到底图什么 |
[39:25] | I think you used to have a moral compass. | 我以为你曾经有道德准则 |
[39:30] | And it served you– | 它促使你 |
[39:31] | got you where you are, made you great. | 走到了现在的位置 让你成功 |
[39:32] | Then it got warped, or broken. | 但之后那绳子松了 或是断了 |
[39:38] | But mine wasn’t. | 但我的没有 |
[39:41] | And you saw that and it killed you. | 而你意识到了这一点 你无法忍受 |
[39:43] | So you found a way to use it | 所以你找到了方法利用这一点 |
[39:45] | and my loyalty to your advantage. | 和我的忠诚来为你谋利 |
[39:48] | Oh, by making sure you lead the Axelrod investigation? | 通过任命你负责对艾克斯罗德的调查吗 |
[39:50] | By getting rid of me. | 通过甩开我 |
[39:52] | Shipping me to Eastern so I wouldn’t be around | 把我调到东区分部 这样我就没法盯着你 |
[39:54] | to see you pulling Dake’s strings. | 看你在背后操纵戴克 |
[39:55] | I have done nothing but guide you. | 我唯一做过的事就是指导你 |
[39:59] | Mentor you, prepare you to take my place at that office. | 指示你 让你准备好日后接我的班 |
[40:03] | I gave you yet another career-making case, | 我让你负责了一件能让你飞黄腾达的案子 |
[40:06] | and you fucked it up | 而你却完全搞砸了 |
[40:08] | by focusing on me and some phantom crime | 只会把调查全部指向我和在你假象中 |
[40:11] | you think my wife and I committed. | 我和我妻子犯下的某些罪 |
[40:16] | Next time we talk, there should be lawyers present. | 下次我们谈的时候 你们最好带上律师 |
[40:30] | You know who this is? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[40:32] | He works for Axelrod. | 他为阿克斯罗德工作 |
[40:38] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[40:39] | I’ll wait until you’re in the witness box, under oath. | 我等你站在证人席上发过誓的时候再问你 |
[40:51] | I feel bad…for the kids. | 我很抱歉 对你们的孩子 |
[41:06] | We’re gonna need lawyers. | 我们得请律师 |
[41:08] | Separate ones. | 我们得分开请 |
[41:11] | Keep even one of us out of prison. | 至少让我们其中一个免于坐牢 |
[41:26] | If I ever do have a last supper, | 如果我真有一天要吃最后的晚餐 |
[41:29] | it’s gonna be hard to top this. | 也很难比这个更好 |
[41:31] | Which is why I wanted you to have the ortolan tonight, | 这就是为什么我想今晚吃烤圃鸥 |
[41:34] | commander, as a reminder of how alive you yet are. | 指挥官 用来提醒你一如既往地活力四射 |
[41:41] | Wylie, how do I eat it? | 怀利 这个怎么吃 |
[41:43] | Whole, sir. | 一口吃下去 先生 |
[41:44] | In France, ortolan were only ever to be eaten | 在法国 烤圃鸥是只供 |
[41:46] | by royalty or in the monasteries. | 皇室或是修士们享用的 |
[41:49] | And hunters would bring them as absolute tribute | 而猎人们会把它们作为贡品上供 |
[41:51] | for being allowed to work the land. | 作为能在那片土地上打猎的回报 |
[41:53] | The birds are trapped where grapes grow | 这些鸟被养在葡萄地里 |
[41:56] | so their insides have the flavor of the terroir, | 这样它们的肉就有风土的味道 |
[41:59] | the taste, of the land, | 当地土壤的风味 |
[42:00] | all the way down to the guts and the bones. | 完全浸入它们的内脏和骨头 |
[42:02] | Which is why we don’t carve them. | 所以我们才不把它们切开 |
[42:04] | It’s against the law to eat them | 现在在法国吃它们 |
[42:05] | in France now, isn’t it? | 是违法的吧 |
[42:06] | Illegal the world over. | 在全世界都不合法 |
[42:08] | Because there are those who don’t recognize | 因为有些人根本不懂得 |
[42:10] | what truly matters. | 真正重要的是什么 |
[42:10] | Because they’re so delicious? | 因为这鸟太美味了 |
[42:12] | Because, in a crueler time, they were blinded. | 因为在以前更残忍的时代 它们会被弄瞎 |
[42:15] | Their eyes would be gouged out | 人们会挖掉它们的眼睛 |
[42:16] | so they would think it was nighttime, | 这样它们就以为一直是晚上 |
[42:18] | which makes them ravenous. | 就会贪婪无比 |
[42:19] | So they would gorge themselves | 疯狂大吃 |
[42:21] | until they were three times their natural size. | 直到把自己吃到比正常体型大三倍 |
[42:23] | That we don’t do anymore. | 我们现在不这样做了 |
[42:25] | But it’s still death by Armagnac, | 但还是会用雅邑白兰地 |
[42:27] | they’re drowned in it. | 淹死它们 |
[42:30] | Very much how I’d like to go. | 正是我喜欢的死法 |
[43:19] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你的感受 |
[43:21] | but I just had a religious experience. | 但我刚才有了一些宗教感悟 |
[43:25] | At the climax I felt the crack of its little rib cage, | 在最高潮部分 我感觉咬碎肋骨的快感 |
[43:30] | then the hot juices rushing out down my gullet. | 热的汤汁冲刷过我食管的美妙 |
[43:35] | Sublime. | 升华了 |
[43:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:39] | It was. | 它是 |
[43:41] | Got any more? | 再来点嘛 |
[43:42] | I’m still a little peckish. | 我还是有点饿 |
[43:44] | You know what they say about ortolan– | 你知道他们怎么说圃鸥 |
[43:47] | one is bliss, two is gluttony. | 一只是享受 两只是暴食 |
[43:49] | How about three? | 那三只呢 |
[43:51] | Let’s find out. | 我们来看看 |
[44:11] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[44:14] | A bit like one of those little birds we just ate | 有点像我们刚才吃的小鸟 |
[44:16] | right before they turn out the lights. | 被弄瞎的前一刻 |
[44:27] | You know what this reminds me of? | 你知道现在让我想起什么吗 |
[44:29] | The night we cracked ten billion. | 我们拿下一百亿那晚 |
[44:32] | You and me, night fishing off City Island. | 你和我 在城市岛上夜钓 |
[44:36] | What a beautiful fucking night. | 多么美妙的夜晚 |
[44:38] | Stars out, stripers hitting. | 星星出来了 鱼不停咬钩 |
[44:41] | One tub full of fish, the other tub full of bourbon. | 一桶里都是鱼 一桶里都是波本酒 |
[44:44] | Most newly minted deca-billionaires | 大部分新晋亿万富翁 |
[44:46] | would have checked out with a few Spiegler girls | 会带着艳片女郎和足够多的迷幻蘑菇 |
[44:48] | and enough mushrooms for a three day binge in Chamonix. | 去夏蒙尼尽情狂欢三天 |
[44:50] | How often do you get to come home at dawn | 但能有多少在清晨 |
[44:52] | with six striped bass in your trunk? | 桶里装着六条银花鲈鱼回家 |
[44:57] | Jesus, what the fuck happened. | 上帝啊 到底发生了什么 |
[45:01] | You fought the law. | 你和法律对抗 |
[45:03] | The law won. | 法律赢了 |
[45:07] | I’m going out to face them alone. | 我会独自一个人去面对结果 |
[45:10] | You slip out the back. | 你退后 隐藏起来 |
[45:12] | I’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[45:14] | Yeah, you will. | 你会的 |
[45:16] | So will you. | 你也会 |
[45:19] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[45:23] | Thanks for the friendship. | 谢谢你的友谊 |
[46:13] | Did I wake you? | 我吵醒你了吗 |
[46:14] | No. | 没有 |
[46:16] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪找到这个的 |
[46:19] | I came down looking for the rest of Eva’s birthday cake. | 我下来想吃一块伊娃的生日蛋糕 |
[46:22] | You told me to toss it. | 你和我说丢了它 |
[46:24] | So I walked to the corner deli and I got this. | 所以我走到街角便利店买了它 |
[46:30] | And how long are you gonna sit there staring at it? | 你要在这里坐着看它多久 |
[46:36] | I can’t quite bring myself. | 我无法说服我自己 |
[46:37] | I want it, but I don’t. | 我想 但是我做不到 |
[46:43] | I should have called Foley’s office and canceled for tomorrow. | 我应该给富利说 取消明天的会面 |
[46:47] | Last thing I need is to be forced to smile | 我现在最不需要的就是去 |
[46:49] | for an hour over breakfast pastry. | 吃个得强颜欢笑一小时的早餐 |
[46:51] | Better that you didn’t cancel. | 你最好不要取消 |
[46:55] | We’re gonna need him on our side, whatever may come. | 我们需要他站在我们这边 不论会发生什么 |
[46:57] | I thought he was on your side. | 我以为他是你这边的 |
[46:59] | Yeah, well, meeting you will cement it. | 见了你他会更加坚定 |
[47:03] | There isn’t a person alive | 世界上没有活人 |
[47:04] | who wouldn’t fall under your spell. | 能逃脱你的魔咒 |
[47:06] | Thank you, but I don’t even know | 谢谢夸奖 但我现在 |
[47:10] | what that means anymore. | 不知道这还有什么用 |
[47:16] | I’m so scared. | 我好怕 |
[47:22] | I will turn myself in tomorrow. | 明天我会去自首 |
[47:25] | To spare you a lengthy sentence. | 好让你免除判刑 |
[47:28] | For the kids’ sake as much as for you. | 为了孩子们 也为了你 |
[47:30] | That is a magnificent gesture. | 这是一个了不起的决定 |
[47:36] | And not one I’m willing to live with. | 但不是我想要的伴随余生的决定 |
[47:59] | Had it ever come to pass, | 如果这一切能过去 |
[48:03] | I think we would have been damn good at being governor. | 我觉得我们会是很好的州长夫妇 |
[48:37] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[48:38] | What the hell could you possibly want? | 你见鬼的想要什么 |
[48:54] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[49:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[49:06] | Okay. | 没事 |
[49:16] | I’m not sure I’d know how to operate | 我不确定我能像你这样 |
[49:18] | with the finesse and delicacy that you do, Mrs. Rhoades, | 精准完美的操作一切 罗兹夫人 |
[49:23] | serving two masters, | 服侍两个主人 |
[49:25] | or should I say, having the two actually serve you. | 或者我该说 两个人服侍你 |
[49:34] | You came up in Albany politics, | 你出身于纽约中心奥巴尼的政治圈 |
[49:36] | I can’t imagine there’s an alignment of forces | 我想不到会有什么政治把戏 |
[49:38] | you haven’t seen before. | 是你没见过的 |
[49:39] | Well, I just think it’s fascinating. | 我觉得那很迷人 |
[49:42] | Audacious. | 勇敢无畏 |
[49:44] | That’s not always how it feels. | 那可不是政治的真实面目 |
[49:46] | ‘Course not. | 当然不是 |
[49:47] | No, when you’re in it, it’s, uh… | 当你身处其中 |
[49:50] | well, it’s like being at the bottom of a waterfall. | 会感觉你站在大瀑布的正下方 |
[49:52] | You can’t decide whether to dive in and swim | 你不能决定要潜下去游走 |
[49:55] | or cover your head and try to get one decent breath | 还是盖住头 在被淹死前 |
[49:57] | before you expire. | 好好呼吸一下 |
[49:59] | Much like a campaign, | 竞选就像这样 |
[50:02] | or being the First Lady of the state. | 做州长夫人也是一样 |
[50:06] | It’s a shame most folks will never get to see your act, Jack. | 真遗憾大多数人不能看到你的表演 杰克 |
[50:09] | Ah, you and I have a lot in common that way. | 你和我在这点上有很多相似之处 |
[50:13] | You know, I always found the most satisfaction– | 我更享受作为推手 造就成功的 |
[50:14] | and the most success– on the sidelines. | 那种满足感和愉悦感 |
[50:18] | Reading the field, calling the plays. | 读读文字 编排下剧本 |
[50:20] | Eventually, it, uh… | 最后会… |
[50:22] | Well, it was no longer that I simply had the ears of titans. | 现在已经不是我单纯的执掌牛耳的年代了 |
[50:27] | I learned to like moving them around too. | 我学会了让他们挪挪位置 |
[50:34] | What do you do when there’s no play to be made? | 如果没有剧本可演你会怎么做 |
[50:38] | When no matter what you choose, it’ll end in disaster? | 当你无论怎么选择 都会走向灭亡 |
[50:41] | Classic double-bind. | 典型的进退维谷局面 |
[50:44] | There’s a Zen Koan where the teacher holds a stick. | 有一个禅宗故事 一位老师拿着一根棍子 |
[50:49] | He says to his student, “If you tell me this stick is real, | 他和学生说 如果你说这个棍子是真的 |
[50:53] | I will beat you with it. | 我会用它打你 |
[50:55] | If you tell me it is not real, | 如果你说它不是真的 |
[50:57] | I will beat you with it. | 我还用它打你 |
[50:59] | If you say nothing, I will beat you with it.” | 如果你什么也不说 我用它打你 |
[51:03] | And so, the student reaches out, | 最后学生伸出手 |
[51:07] | grabs the stick, and breaks it. | 抓住了棍子 折断了它 |
[51:13] | If a situation is untenable, Mrs. Rhoades, | 如果无法守住局面 罗兹夫人 |
[51:17] | you break that fucking stick. | 你就折断那个棍子 |
[51:24] | There is no reason on this earth | 世界上不存在你该进监狱 |
[51:28] | that you should go to jail while Axelrod doesn’t. | 而阿克斯罗德不用的理由 |
[51:33] | If you have taught me anything, you have taught me that. | 如果你有教过我什么 你教了我这个 |
[51:35] | I swear, Axelrod is going down with me. | 我发誓 阿克斯罗德会和我一起下地狱 |
[51:39] | Do you know how you’re gonna do that? | 你知道要怎么做吗 |
[51:40] | I had procured a piece of evidence, a slide, | 我拿到了一份证据 一片玻片 |
[51:43] | and I had planned to use an unsavory character | 我本打算利用一个声名狼藉的人 |
[51:46] | to plant it in Axelrod’s home; | 把它放在阿克斯罗德的家里 |
[51:48] | was prepared to pay dearly for the operative. | 已经打算为这笔操作付巨额报酬 |
[51:50] | However I now seem to have run out of options. | 但现在似乎我已经无路可走 |
[51:54] | Don’t tell the kids anything until the verdict is announced. | 在裁决正式宣布前 不要告诉孩子们任何事 |
[51:59] | And never let them see your shame. | 不要让他们看见你的丑态 |
[52:05] | Bearing, son, is all. | 忍耐 孩子 只能这样 |
[52:14] | More bad news? | 更多坏消息 |
[52:15] | Perhaps the contrary. | 也许相反 |
[52:19] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[52:22] | I’ve been given a last chance. | 我有了最后选择的机会 |
[52:26] | That slide may yet find purchase. | 玻片有了买主 |
[52:38] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[52:39] | I need to see you. | 我需要见你 |
[52:42] | Name the place. | 说个地方 |
[53:00] | Sacker. | 赛克 |
[53:01] | Have Allerd get a judge standing by | 让阿尔罗德找一个法官待命 |
[53:03] | to execute a search warrant by 7 a.m.tomorrow, at the latest. | 最晚明早七点前签署一份搜查令 |
[53:07] | Has to be Allerd, can’t be you. | 必须是阿尔罗德 不能是你 |
[53:09] | More details to come. | 一会把细节发给你 |
[53:25] | You know where we are, right? | 你知道我们在哪 对吧 |
[53:30] | And you know this is the only way. | 你也知道这是唯一的方法了 |
[53:32] | Does he know? | 他知道吗 |
[53:35] | Not yet. | 现在还不知道 |
[53:47] | I should’ve known something like this was coming. | 我早该想到这种事早晚会发生 |
[53:52] | Ballsy. | 真勇敢 |
[53:55] | Can we come in? | 我们能进来吗 |
[54:11] | You know, last time I saw you, you were behind bars. | 我上次见你 你还在监狱里 |
[54:14] | Tell me, does living in a space this palatial | 说说吧 生活在这个富丽堂皇的屋子里 |
[54:17] | actually erase the memory | 真的会抹掉 |
[54:19] | of that badly lit cell in Brooklyn? | 布鲁克林那个昏暗牢房的记忆吗 |
[54:23] | Or maybe you just felt the need to swing your dick one last time | 还是你觉得需要最后一次用用你的家伙事 |
[54:25] | in anticipation of a place far worse. | 因为你已经预见会去一个更糟的地方 |
[54:27] | You managed to get your foot caught in the rope | 在想方设法把我丢进海里的时候 |
[54:29] | tossing me overboard, there, Chuck. | 你成功把自己的脚踏入套索了 查克 |
[54:31] | Now, I may pop to the surface, but you are going under. | 现在我也许会浮上海面 而你会沉入海底 |
[54:35] | – Congratulations. – Enough. | -祝贺你 -够了 |
[54:36] | I didn’t bring us all together | 我把你们放到一起 |
[54:37] | so I could mediate your puerile bullshit. | 不是为了调节你们刻薄的互喷的 |
[54:40] | This is how we ended up here in the first place. | 我们是怎么落入现在的境地的 |
[54:42] | Because the two of you, at your absolute fucking worst, | 就是因为你们两个 像斗牛犬一样 |
[54:45] | went after each other like a couple of pit bulls. | 用最糟的方式互咬 |
[54:48] | And now we’re all three of us royally fucked, | 现在我们三个都要玩完了 |
[54:50] | in a way that’s so incestuous | 我们现在是一根绳上的蚂蚱 |
[54:53] | that if one of us goes to prison, we all do. | 只要一个进监狱 三个都进 |
[54:56] | Conversely, if we want to get ourselves out of this cluster fuck– | 相反 如果我们想都走出这个泥潭 |
[55:00] | It’s one for all and all for one? | 人人为我 我为人人那套吗 |
[55:03] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[55:07] | She has you well-trained. | 你被训练得真好 |
[55:09] | Chuck, calm down. | 查克 冷静 |
[55:16] | And I don’t remember giving you permission to speak. | 还有我不记得我有允许你说话 |
[55:18] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[55:26] | She is effective. | 她很有效 |
[55:30] | Now, we are all going to sit here | 现在我们都坐在这 |
[55:31] | and calmly discuss how to undo this thing. | 冷静地讨论如何解决现在的困境 |
[55:33] | And we’re not leaving until we solve it. Yes? | 在彻底解决前 谁都不许离开 |
[55:43] | I’ll discuss it. | 我会考虑的 |
[55:46] | Why I’m here. Good. | 所以我为什么在这 很好 |
[55:49] | As much as you two fucking hate each other, | 不论你们多恨对方 |
[55:50] | your only objective right now is survival. | 你们现在唯一的目的是存活下去 |
[55:52] | And if you are going to save yourselves– | 如果你们打算自救 |
[55:54] | and me– | 救我 |
[55:58] | you both need to surrender your weapons. | 你们需要把对付对方的武器都交出来 |
[56:03] | Empty the caches, all of it. | 清空你们留的后手 所有的 |
[56:05] | It all goes on the table. | 全部摊开了说 |
[56:08] | Understood? | 懂了吗 |
[56:11] | How do I know I can trust him? | 我怎么知道我能信任他 |
[56:13] | How do I know I can trust him? | 我怎么知道我能信任他 |
[56:15] | Trust me. | 相信我就行 |
[56:32] | Is it all right if I go to the bathroom? | 我能用下洗手间吗 |
[56:35] | Yeah, sure. | 可以 |
[56:37] | It’s…down there. Take a left. | 在那边 左边 |
[58:42] | Full transparency. | 完全透明公开 |
[58:45] | I give you my word. | 我给你承诺 |
[58:48] | You want transparency? | 你想透明公开 |
[58:53] | How fucking clear is this? | 这个够透明了吗 |