时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:06] | I sure as hell will testify about what Chuck Rhoades did | 但是我肯定会指证查克·罗兹的所作所为 |
[00:09] | and that Charles Rhoades Sr. was steering his own money | 老查尔斯·罗兹操纵了自己的资本 |
[00:12] | and Chuck’s money was directly involved– | 而查克的资金直接参与到了 |
[00:14] | Stop. | 停 |
[00:15] | I’m willing to pay you 30 million to tell the truth. | 我愿意付给你三千万 只要你愿意说出事实 |
[00:17] | You’ll give my people a statement | 你要把罗兹的所作所为 |
[00:18] | laying out how Rhoades did what he did. | 告诉我的人 |
[00:22] | How much do I use? | 我要用多少剂量 |
[00:23] | Just trace amounts on my signal. | 等我通知 只需微量 |
[00:26] | Give up your so-called license to trade. | 放弃你所谓的交易执照 |
[00:28] | That is the only angle. | 那就只有这个法子 |
[00:29] | I can’t be seen to be guiding the firm. | 不能让人发现我在为公司出谋划策 |
[00:32] | It’ll all be up to you. | 一切都看你了 |
[00:33] | The gaming license? | 博彩牌照 |
[00:34] | They’re announcing soon, and there’s sure to be a bounce. | 很快就要宣布了 而且肯定有反弹 |
[00:37] | My cash happens to be tied up | 我的钱现在刚好 |
[00:39] | in a few real estate deals right now. | 被几个房地产交易套牢了 |
[00:41] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[00:43] | Kingsford? | 金斯福德 |
[00:44] | “The first ship to make a manned mission to Mars.” | 第一艘前往火星的载人飞船 |
[00:46] | I haven’t stayed in bed past 5 a.m Since 2001. | 2001年后 我再没在五点之后起床过 |
[00:50] | I had my man follow them. | 我让我的人跟踪了他们 |
[00:53] | Look at that morning-after glow. | 看看这容光焕发的样子 |
[00:57] | Why don’t you reach out, talk to him? | 你为什么不去找他 跟他谈谈 |
[00:59] | If there’s any reaching out, | 如果我们之间要有谁去找对方 |
[01:00] | it should be from the other side. | 那也该是他来找我 |
[01:02] | What, you want me to initiate, for Christ’s sake? | 什么 你想让我先开口吗 老天不是吧 |
[01:05] | They’re in this. | 他们参与了此事 |
[01:07] | I can’t look away from it anymore. | 我再也没法假装不看了 |
[01:31] | Ira Schirmer showed us to the well. | 艾拉·谢莫把我们带到了井边上 |
[01:33] | But all we had to do was look down | 但是我们只需要低头 |
[01:35] | to see the thick crude on our boots. | 看我们靴子上浓稠的原料就行了 |
[01:42] | Matching that of your son’s trust. | 跟你儿子的信托做了比对 |
[01:44] | The timing of the additional investment corroborates | 追加投资的时间证实了 |
[01:47] | Mr. Schirmer’s affidavit: | 谢莫先生口供的真实性 |
[01:49] | Chuck directed you to invade the trust. | 查克引导你动用信托 |
[01:53] | He baited Axelrod, he is complicit | 他给阿克斯罗德下套 |
[01:55] | in the sabotage of the Ice Juice IPO. | 同谋了冰果汁上市的破坏行动 |
[01:58] | Don’t say a thing | 他们说重要单词之前 |
[02:00] | until they say the magic word. | 什么都别说 |
[02:09] | We are prepared to offer you immunity. | 我们准备给你豁免权 |
[02:12] | That’s the one. | 就是这个 |
[02:14] | In exchange for your cooperation. | 以换取你的合作 |
[02:17] | Alternatively. | 如果不合作 |
[02:18] | Perjury carries five years. | 那就是做伪证监禁五年 |
[02:23] | You have that to spare? | 你还有那么多时日吗 |
[02:50] | Connerty knows what Schirmer was trying to say in our interview | 康纳蒂知道了谢莫在我们问询的时候想要说什么 |
[02:53] | and is chasing it down. | 正在追查 |
[02:54] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he talks to your father. | 他要是找你父亲谈话我不会感到惊讶 |
[02:57] | Or already has. | 或者已经找了 |
[02:59] | That’s disquieting. | 这有点棘手 |
[03:01] | Will your father hold up under questioning? | 问询的时候你父亲能挺住吗 |
[03:04] | He’s a free-radical. | 他是个自由人 |
[03:07] | Not taking my counsel at the moment. | 现在不会接受我的任何建议的 |
[03:10] | Then you have a real and unsolvable problem. | 那你是碰上难缠的问题了 |
[03:15] | So I have to get my father to keep quiet. | 我得想办法让我父亲保持缄默 |
[03:18] | And you need to remind Connerty he has a fucking day job. | 你提醒康纳蒂他还有主要任务要做 |
[03:47] | *I knew a man, Bojangles* | *我认识一个人 伯强格斯* |
[03:51] | *And he’d dance…* | *他穿着一双破烂鞋* |
[03:51] | This is some advanced real estate play. | 这是个高级的房地产把戏 |
[03:54] | Let the Saudis keep 432 Park. | 让沙特人持有了432公园 |
[03:56] | *In worn-out shoes * | *跳了舞* |
[03:57] | This is the real prize. | 这才是真正的奖章 |
[04:00] | The last burial plot in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿最后一片墓地 |
[04:02] | And all the time to enjoy it. | 以及享用它的无尽时光 |
[04:05] | Only 350,000, | 只要35万美元 |
[04:08] | and this cool slice of earth is mine. | 这一小片可爱的土地就是我的了 |
[04:13] | Well… and long may it remain unoccupied. | 不过 但愿它一直都派不上用场 |
[04:17] | Mr. Axelrod. | 阿克斯罗德先生 |
[04:20] | We have eyes on the three labs in the Tri-State area | 我们一直盯着三州地区能够生产并贮藏 |
[04:22] | capable of production and storage of the Ice Juice toxicant. | 冰果汁毒素的三个实验室 |
[04:24] | FBI is interviewing the lead techs at each of them. | 联调局正在约谈每个实验室的技术负责人 |
[04:27] | They’ll be onto ours soon. | 他们很快就要找到我们头上了 |
[04:28] | By the time they get to our lab, make sure there is no lab. | 他们找到我们之前 确保实验室消失 |
[04:31] | Got it. What else? | 明白 还有别的指示吗 |
[04:33] | Dake is protecting Rhoades. | 戴克在保护罗兹 |
[04:35] | Ira Schirmer saw it firsthand. | 艾拉·谢莫一眼就看出来了 |
[04:36] | He also saw that Connerty, if properly armed, won’t let up. | 他还看出来康纳蒂若有证据就不会放弃追查 |
[04:40] | You have the Schirmer affidavit? | 你拿到谢莫的证言了吗 |
[04:42] | Deliver it tonight? | 今晚送过去 |
[04:45] | Go arm him, gents. | 送弹药去吧 先生们 |
[04:54] | This is Charles Rhoades. | 我是查尔斯·罗兹 |
[04:56] | Leave a message, and I’ll get back to you. | 请留言 我会给你回电 |
[05:17] | You RSVP’d no, you hate reunions. | 你拒绝了邀请 你讨厌聚会 |
[05:21] | “The dead are more present than the living,” | “死人出席得比活人多” |
[05:22] | – I think you put it. – Changed my mind. | -我记得是你说的 -我改主意了 |
[05:30] | Connerty’s aware of my father’s involvement, | 康纳蒂知道我父亲介入了 |
[05:33] | he’s trying for details. | 他正在找具体证据 |
[05:34] | Hard to convince your father to protect you | 如果你都不和你父亲说话的话 |
[05:36] | when you’re not talking to him. | 很难说服他保护你 |
[05:38] | So, uh, Yale reunion, | 所以 耶鲁同学会 |
[05:41] | here we come. | 就要去参加一下了 |
[05:42] | – They’re giving him an award. – Right. | -他们要给他颁奖 -是的 |
[05:45] | Twenty-fifth and 50th are the same night, so he’ll be there… | 二五届和五零届是同一晚 所以他一定会去 |
[05:47] | He quite enjoys the presence of the dead. | 他很喜欢出息这种死人占多数的聚会 |
[05:49] | Makes him feel victorious. | 让他觉得自己赢了 |
[05:53] | You’re gonna convince him. | 你要说服他 |
[05:56] | For me. | 为了我 |
[05:59] | For us. | 为了我们 |
[06:00] | Our family, yes. | 为我们家 是的 |
[06:02] | We are. | 我们 |
[06:05] | Together. | 荣辱与共 |
[06:36] | 纽约州 纽约县 我艾拉·谢莫 纽约人 | |
[06:55] | World-Aid is poised to provide | 世界援助提议 |
[06:57] | solar-powered, air-conditioned tents | 为中非国家捐助 |
[06:59] | to Central African nations | 我们新研发的 |
[07:01] | through our new solar tent initiative. | 太阳能空调帐篷 |
[07:04] | Bobby Axelrod. | 鲍比·阿克斯罗德 |
[07:05] | Oscar Langstraat. | 奥斯卡·蓝斯瑞特 |
[07:07] | I know who you are. | 久仰大名 |
[07:08] | – Good to finally meet you in person, Bobby. -You too. | -很高兴终于见到本人了 -我也是 |
[07:11] | So you, you flew in private to worry about a cure | 所以你坐私人飞机来这里忧心 |
[07:15] | for overheated Southern Africa? | 如何拯救酷暑中的非洲南部吗 |
[07:17] | Well, my plane runs on recycled corn oil, | 我的飞机烧的是可回收的玉米油 |
[07:20] | so it’s all good. | 所以没什么关系 |
[07:21] | That’s what I have my masseuse use too. | 我让按摩师用的也是那玩意 |
[07:27] | You’re not as bad at this as the articles say. | 你没评论说得那么糟糕 |
[07:30] | – At what? – Small talk. | -哪里糟糕 -寒暄技巧 |
[07:31] | But I can see it’s work for you. | 但我认为你很吃这一套 |
[07:33] | Look, these charities | 这些慈善机构 |
[07:35] | have basically become feel good machines. | 基本上已经沦为让良心好受点的工具 |
[07:38] | You gave ten mill. They’ll say thanks. | 你捐一千万 他们会道谢 |
[07:40] | They’ll ask again. You’ll give again. | 然后会再问你要 你再继续捐 |
[07:43] | But at the coming board meeting | 但是在接下来的董事会上 |
[07:44] | I’m pitching a drastic shift. | 我想动点真格的 |
[07:47] | I think that World-Aid should own the company | 我认为世界援助应该有自己的 |
[07:49] | that makes the solar panels. | 制造太阳能板的公司 |
[07:51] | – Rayveon Solar. – Right. | -瑞文昂太阳能公司 -是的 |
[07:53] | That way, when the panels go into wide use, | 那样一来 一旦太阳能板得以广泛应用 |
[07:55] | World-Aid itself profits from it, | 世界救助就能从中获利 |
[07:58] | grows, becomes self-sustaining. | 发展壮大 自给自足 |
[08:00] | Venture Philanthropy. | 公益创投 |
[08:01] | There’s some of that disruption you’re famous for. | 你的破坏能力真的名不虚传 |
[08:03] | Disruption works. | 我的破坏很有用 |
[08:05] | It’s uncomfortable but effective. | 虽然让人不舒服 但是很有效 |
[08:07] | – Like rolfing. – I don’t know. | -就像罗尔夫按摩治疗法 -我说不准 |
[08:09] | You might be able to sell that shit out by the Bay, but– | 你这一套在湾区也许能有人认可 不过 |
[08:11] | Venture Philanthropy is the future. | 公益创投很有前景 |
[08:15] | I sought you out because I want your support | 我找你是因为我想在董事会上 |
[08:17] | when I bring this to the board. | 提出议案的时候你能支持我 |
[08:20] | My support isn’t gonna help. | 我的支持没什么用 |
[08:22] | The folks on the World-Aid board, | 世界救助董事会的这帮家伙 |
[08:24] | they aren’t in it for the future. | 对前景不感兴趣 |
[08:26] | They like the access and the status it gives them. | 他们喜欢联盟给他们的资源和地位 |
[08:28] | And they don’t want to lose it. | 他们并不想丢掉这个 |
[08:30] | Their risk tolerance is exactly zero. | 他们的风险承受能力为零 |
[08:33] | Coach Tikhonov in Lake Placid. | 就像普莱西德湖时的教练提可诺夫[1980年带着苏联队奇迹般输了冰球] |
[08:36] | That’s a sport ball analogy, right? | 是球类运动的比喻吗 |
[08:40] | The future hurts. | 前景会很痛苦 |
[08:42] | But only once. | 但也就疼那么一回 |
[08:43] | Denying it stings forever. | 否认这一点就会一直疼下去 |
[08:46] | Like Shelob in Cirith Ungol. | 就像西力斯昂哥的巨蛛尸罗[魔戒里佛罗多遇到那只] |
[08:49] | Oh, that’s a Middle Earth fantasy analogy, right? | 这是中土世界的比喻吧 |
[08:54] | But the board doesn’t take to outsiders | 但是董事会不会容忍外人 |
[08:55] | telling them how to do their job. | 告诉他们应该怎么做 |
[09:00] | I bear an unpleasant communiqué: | 我有一个令人不快的消息要宣布 |
[09:04] | due to your legal entanglements, | 由于你法律上的问题 |
[09:05] | the chairman has asked that I represent | 董事会主席让我代替你 |
[09:08] | the Axelrod Foundation on the dais… in your stead. | 上台代表阿克斯罗德基金会 |
[09:12] | I remember a time when ten million | 我记得以前一千万 |
[09:13] | got you on the main stage… | 就能让你上台当主角 |
[09:17] | Go ahead, Ayles. | 去吧 艾尔斯 |
[09:22] | And there it is: | 看到了吧 |
[09:23] | the only person the board mistrusts | 比起你来说 董事会 |
[09:25] | more than someone like you, is me. | 更不相信的人是我 |
[09:30] | But I’m still on the board. | 但我还是董事会成员 |
[09:33] | So I’ll consider your proposal. | 所以我会考虑你的提议 |
[09:51] | Good day to you. | 早上好 |
[09:53] | I come bearing tithe. And a lot of it. | 我带着十一奉献而来 很大份的奉献 |
[09:57] | And is this gift unencumbered? | 这份礼物没有附加条件吗 |
[09:59] | Once I get what I came here for, use it how you’d like. | 只要我得到我想要的 你想怎么用都可以 |
[10:02] | I want to secure the available burial plot, for all time. | 我想预定空墓地 |
[10:07] | I’m afraid there is no available burial plot. | 恐怕已经没有空墓地了 |
[10:10] | Who snaked me? | 谁阴了我 |
[10:11] | An individual who had a prior relationship with the Church. | 一个和教堂关系比你近的人 |
[10:17] | I don’t suppose you could tell me who– | 我想你也不会告诉我是谁 |
[10:19] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:27] | I knocked on your office door. | 我敲了你办公室的门 |
[10:29] | You weren’t there. | 你不在那里 |
[10:29] | It’s all one big office, Oliver, committed as we are. | 像我们这么认真工作的人 奥利弗 人在哪里办公室就在哪里 |
[10:33] | So you must be interviewing that lab tech? | 那你肯定在调查那个实验室技术员了 |
[10:36] | Later. | 迟点 |
[10:36] | I’m about to interview another prime suspect. | 我准备先去调查另一个主要嫌疑人 |
[10:39] | Are you? Don’t get waylaid. | 是吗 别被截胡了 |
[10:41] | Axelrod is the bullseye. | 阿克斯罗德是靶心 |
[10:45] | And the green ring around it, too, | 还是包着靶心的绿圈 |
[10:47] | whatever that’s called. | 不知道那叫什么 |
[10:49] | The single bull. | 单倍靶心 |
[10:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:51] | That’s Axelrod. The single bull. | 那就是阿克斯罗德 单倍靶心 |
[11:07] | Mr. Rhoades. | 罗兹先生 |
[11:15] | Brace a man while he’s grooming himself, | 趁一个人梳洗的时候施加压力 |
[11:17] | hope the intimacy makes him feel vulnerable. | 希望这种亲密的距离能让他更脆弱 |
[11:21] | An admirable tactic, Bryan. | 真是极好的策略 布莱恩 |
[11:23] | This is a respectful courtesy call. | 这是一次恭敬的礼貌性拜访 |
[11:25] | I’m letting you know, before anyone braces you: | 我只是想在其他人责问你之前告诉你 |
[11:28] | we’re aware of your involvement in the Ice Juice IPO. | 我们知道你涉足了冰果汁上市的案件 |
[11:31] | I’ve known Ira Schirmer for years. | 我认识艾拉·谢莫很多年了 |
[11:33] | As my son’s college roommate, then lawyer. | 是我儿子学院的舍友 也是律师 |
[11:35] | So I threw a little capital behind the boy’s venture. | 所以我跟着他冒险扔了点钱进去 |
[11:38] | Not much more to it than that. | 除此以外再无其他 |
[11:40] | Yeah, that’s how it’d look | 没错 看上去是这样 |
[11:41] | if Ira weren’t prepared to testify | 如果艾拉没有打算 |
[11:44] | about what really went on. | 为真相作证的话 |
[11:47] | Well, I guess, you wait | 我想如果你等着 |
[11:50] | for someone to embarrass himself, he will. | 看人出丑的话 他会的 |
[11:53] | We just need you to confirm what Ira said: | 我们只是想让你确认一下艾拉所说的 |
[11:56] | Chuck directed you to invade his trust | 查克指示你动用他的信托 |
[11:58] | and knowingly participated in the sabotage of the company. | 并且蓄意参与公司破坏案件 |
[12:05] | You must think I’m a physical moron. | 你一定认为我是个十足十的笨蛋 |
[12:08] | That’s Victorian for retard, understand. | 你拖延时间的战略真老套 我懂 |
[12:10] | You want me to testify | 你想让我冒着危险 |
[12:12] | against my son. At my peril. | 出面指证我儿子 |
[12:14] | And you don’t even tender the reach around of immunity? | 而你甚至连个全面豁免提议都不提供 |
[12:18] | – If I had that to offer… – You would have. | -如果我可以的话… -你本该这么做的 |
[12:20] | But you don’t. Which is too bad for both of us. | 但是你没有 这对我们双方都太糟了 |
[12:25] | Maybe I’m as tired as you are of my son’s moves. | 也许我跟你一样 对于我儿子的行为感到很心累 |
[12:28] | Maybe I’d even like to burn him down. | 也许我甚至想扳倒他 |
[12:32] | But we are a long way from that. | 但是我们离那一步还很远 |
[12:37] | Now… | 现在… |
[12:39] | if you want to continue this, | 如果你想继续这场对话 |
[12:42] | we can do so in there. | 我们可以在里面说 |
[12:45] | Otherwise, I’m done with you. | 不然 我跟你就无话可说了 |
[12:58] | Why does this keep happening to me…? | 为什么这种事总发生在我身上 |
[13:03] | I want you to introduce Taylor | 我想让你介绍泰勒 |
[13:03] | – to Rayveon Solar. – The solar panels… | -给瑞文昂·索拉尔认识 -太阳能电池板… |
[13:06] | If we can make the World-Aid board invest, | 如果我们能让世界援助的董事会投资 |
[13:08] | that stock will go through the roof. | 那只股票会升上云霄 |
[13:09] | So we need to be in position. It’s gonna be huge. | 所以我们要做好准备 额度会很大 |
[13:11] | And I want it in the main fund when I’m back. | 我还要钱在我回来的时候就在主基金里 |
[13:13] | – Then it’ll be done. – I can’t be seen | -马上帮你搞定 -不能让别人觉得 |
[13:15] | as steering Taylor, so put it in front of them. But don’t. | 是我在操纵泰勒 所以把股票摆出来 但别太张扬 |
[13:19] | What if we have Ayles do it? | 让艾尔斯去做怎么样 |
[13:21] | Dress it up like it’s charity. | 包装得像慈善投资一样 |
[13:22] | He’s the most subtle man we’ve got. | 他是我们能找到的人中最狡猾的了 |
[13:24] | – Yeah. Good. – Yeah, but what if Taylor | -好的 很好 -好的 但如果泰勒 |
[13:26] | senses you’re behind it? | 察觉到是你在后面操纵呢 |
[13:27] | Will they steer away? | 他们会避开吗 |
[13:29] | Well, all depends on what has the stronger pull: | 一切都取决于哪一个有更大的引力 |
[13:31] | fear or money. | 恐惧还是金钱 |
[13:33] | We’ll find out when we find out. | 适当的时候我们会知道的 |
[13:35] | Eventually, all comes clear. | 最终 一切都会清楚 |
[13:38] | Speaking of eventuality… | 说到最终… |
[13:40] | somebody got cozy in my forever-bed | 有人在我预定之前 |
[13:41] | before I had the chance to secure it. | 抢了我的长眠地 |
[13:43] | Can I use your team of ninjas to help me find out who? | 我能借用你的忍者队来找出是谁吗 |
[13:48] | You know they’re kind of occupied | 他们目前在忙 |
[13:49] | with bigger shit right now. | 更重要的事 |
[13:53] | But… what could be bigger | 但是…什么比得上 |
[13:57] | than your eternal resting place? | 你的最终栖息所更重要呢 |
[14:00] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[14:03] | The countdown clock is | 倒数时间 |
[14:04] | T-minus eight hours to launch | 还剩八小时 |
[14:07] | on tech titan Craig Heidecker’s first ride into space | 科技巨匠克雷格·海德克就要开始他首次进入太空 |
[14:09] | and to the International Space Station. | 和国际空间站的旅程了 |
[14:12] | This is the first stage in Heidecker’s ambitious plan | 这是海德克最终载人航天前往火星 |
[14:14] | for an eventual manned mission to Mars. | 雄心壮志的第一步 |
[14:17] | Heidecker acquired… | 海德克收购了… |
[14:18] | And the papers want to know whose shirts he wears. | 报纸想知道他穿谁的衬衫 |
[14:21] | How did we ever think to short that smile? | 我们是怎么想到要做空那个笑容的 |
[14:24] | His charm is a liability. It means people believe | 他的魅力是一种负债 也就是说人们相信 |
[14:26] | whatever he tells them. And he believes it, too. | 他说的一切 他自己也相信 |
[14:28] | It ends up having a washing machine effect. | 最终造成席卷一切的影响 |
[14:30] | The stock will, pardon me, skyrocket | 不好意思 一旦他在太空站着陆 |
[14:34] | once he hard-docks at the Space Station. | 这只股票会升上天际 |
[14:36] | Size it down? | 要减少做空头寸吗 |
[14:37] | Farpoint scrubbed the last three launches. | 远点科技推迟了过去三次发射 |
[14:39] | Guidance and navigation each time, no corrections found. | 每次都是导航与制导的问题 但没发现任何修正 |
[14:42] | Another scrub sets them back two years. | 再次推迟会让他们回到两年前 |
[14:43] | Stock will dump, and they’ll be | 股票会跌 他们就会 |
[14:45] | extra cautious with the CEO aboard… | 对飞船上的总裁特别谨慎 |
[14:47] | Size up on the short. | 加大做空头寸 |
[14:48] | I will. Can I be honest? | 我会的 我能说实话吗 |
[14:50] | I’ll be honest. | 我说实话吧 |
[14:52] | I’m rooting for him to get there. | 我支持他到达火星 |
[14:57] | I am too. | 我也是 |
[14:58] | First step is the ISS. Next, space colonization. | 第一步是国际空间站 之后就是太空殖民 |
[15:02] | My bet is against his business model. | 我是赌他的商业模式会输 |
[15:03] | Not his vision. | 不是他的远见 |
[15:05] | Right on. | 你说得对 |
[15:06] | You give, we match! | 你给予 我们回赠 |
[15:07] | During the GiveBack Charity Drive, | 在回馈社会慈善活动中 |
[15:10] | the largesse of Axe Capital on display, base to tip. | 从头到脚展现了阿克斯资本的慷慨馈赠 |
[15:15] | Unless you don’t give. | 除非你没有给予 |
[15:15] | In which case we’re matching thin fucking air. | 那样的话我们就回赠给稀薄的空气了 |
[15:18] | – The e-mail was received. – I gave. | -邮件收到了 -我给予了 |
[15:20] | I saw the amount. | 我看到数额了 |
[15:21] | If that’s giving, | 如果那叫给予 |
[15:21] | I weep for the women in your life. | 真要为你生命中的女人哭一下了 |
[15:24] | The Axelrod Foundation means well. | 阿克斯罗德基金会的初衷是好的 |
[15:25] | But is intrinsically inefficient. | 但本质上缺乏效率 |
[15:27] | I put my resources to good use, when I find a deserving outlet. | 只有渠道合适 我才会用我的资源做慈善 |
[15:30] | Or are you not asking? | 还是你没在问 |
[15:31] | No, no, I get it. | 没问 我理解 |
[15:33] | Everyone from your prom date to PETA | 从你的中学舞会舞伴到动物保护组织 |
[15:35] | coming to you with palms outstretched. | 所有人都向你伸手要钱 |
[15:37] | That’s always the way it is when you make your first score. | 挖出第一桶金时都这样 |
[15:39] | But Sean Ayles and | 但是肖恩·艾尔斯和 |
[15:41] | what he does with the Axelrod Foundation is different. | 阿克斯罗德基金会做的不一样 |
[15:45] | Time you two thumb wrestle. | 你们两个较劲上了 |
[16:04] | Who, in the name of goodness, is that? | 看在老天的份上 那是什么 |
[16:06] | That’s the Bear Jew. | 这是犹太熊 |
[16:26] | Savage. | 野蛮 |
[16:27] | Yes, he is. | 对 很野蛮 |
[16:30] | For the cause. | 为了目标 |
[16:32] | As are we. | 就像我们一样 |
[16:35] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[16:39] | Seems that the disrespect shown you at the tent demo | 看来在那次帐篷演示中对你的不敬 |
[16:43] | was symptomatic of an entrenched ill-will. | 是一个深远的恶意的征兆 |
[16:46] | They plan to hold a vote to remove you from the board. | 他们计划发起投票把你从董事会开除 |
[16:50] | You had to know this was in the offing. | 你要知道这就在不远的将来 |
[16:52] | Also, you had to. | 你也要知道 |
[16:53] | Is this a matter of public persona? | 是公众形象的问题吗 |
[16:55] | – Because there are ways to– – No. | -因为有很多种办法 -不 |
[16:57] | This is not a rehab play. | 这不是为了公众形象的表演 |
[17:00] | There are other reasons that I need to stay on that board. | 我有其它需要呆在董事会的理由 |
[17:03] | The vote, traditionally, | 传统上 投票发起于 |
[17:05] | happens in absentia of the person being removed. | 被开除者缺席的情况下 |
[17:08] | I am unconcerned with tradition. | 我不关心传统 |
[17:11] | Off to lunch with your CIO. | 要去和你的首席投资官吃饭了 |
[17:13] | Seems they’re dubious of the Axelrod Foundation’s efficacy. | 他们好像不太信赖阿克斯罗德基金会的效率 |
[17:18] | Look, I’m stuck here watching skulls get crushed on TV, | 我只能在这里看在电视上看爆头 |
[17:21] | so I need Taylor crushing skulls on my behalf. | 所以我需要泰勒替我爆头 |
[17:25] | Make them see the efficacy of the Foundation. | 让他们看到基金会的效率 |
[17:28] | More specifically make them see the play on Rayveon Solar. | 尤其是让他们看到瑞文昂太阳能的表演 |
[17:33] | Use all your powers and all your skills… | 动用你的一切技巧和力量 |
[17:48] | Mick Nussfaur. | 米克·那索夫 |
[17:50] | The fucking ambulance chaser? | 那个追着救护车跑的家伙 |
[17:51] | Yes. New York’s top personal injury lawyer. | 对 纽约的顶尖人身损害案件律师 |
[17:54] | We can leverage. Has a girlfriend | 我们可以谈判 他有个女朋友 |
[17:55] | – his wife doesn’t know about. – Wife is ill. | -他妻子不知道 -妻子还病了 |
[17:57] | Girlfriend’s family rich and powerful. | 女朋友出身权贵 |
[17:58] | Her parents have a mausoleum in Green-Wood. | 她父母在绿木有个墓地 |
[18:01] | This I can and will work with. | 就从这下手 |
[18:04] | Bill me for your time. | 把你们的账单给我 |
[18:05] | Axe offered to cover. | 阿克斯买单 |
[18:07] | I hope you’re as good to each other as he is to me. | 我希望你们对彼此能像他对我一样好 |
[18:20] | Our lab tech. | 那个实验技术人员 |
[18:22] | The one we had as likely supplying the toxin… | 那个可能提供毒药的人 |
[18:24] | He boarded a flight for a far off land. | 他登机远走高飞了 |
[18:32] | It seems “Later” Was too late. | 看起来迟点去就太晚了 |
[18:37] | I told you what to focus on, you didn’t. | 我告诉过你要专注于什么 但你不听 |
[18:43] | Get on those remaining accomplices. | 去找那些剩下的共犯 |
[18:53] | I’m aware of your skepticism of what I do. | 我知道你对我做的事情有所疑虑 |
[18:55] | Philanthropy is a cesspool. | 慈善事业就是个粪坑 |
[18:57] | The charities you give to | 你捐款的慈善机构 |
[18:58] | are blind to the problems they aim to solve. | 对他们要解决的问题一无所知 |
[19:01] | Even Bill Gates. He gave malaria nets. | 就算是比尔·盖茨 他捐了蚊帐 |
[19:03] | And people used them as herring nets. | 然后人们拿来做了捕鲱鱼的网 |
[19:05] | Only they were coated in chemicals. | 就是网上有药水 |
[19:07] | So coastal West Africa | 结果西非沿岸 |
[19:08] | ends up with depleted and inedible fish stocks. | 堆满了被遗弃的不能食用的鱼 |
[19:10] | They asked him to stop helping. | 他们要求他停止援助 |
[19:12] | Axe is forensic | 阿克斯严守法规 |
[19:15] | and demands maximum efficiency in all pursuits. | 还在所有领域都要求效率最大化 |
[19:18] | Look at the World-Aid solar tent initiative in particular. | 仔细看看世界援助的太阳能提案 |
[19:21] | Twenty million people on the verge of famine in Africa | 由于气温上升 处于饥荒边缘的 |
[19:24] | due to the rising temperatures. | 两千万非洲人民 |
[19:25] | Both they and their barley must be kept cool. | 他们和他们的麦子都必须保持凉爽 |
[19:28] | This is a real answer. | 这是一个真正的解决办法 |
[19:32] | I’ll review the brief. | 我会重新看那封简报 |
[19:35] | And it is sent. | 已经发了 |
[19:51] | Mr. Wagner. | 华格那先生 |
[19:53] | Reading your medical report, | 看你的医疗报告 |
[19:54] | I expected you to be wheeled in on a gurney. | 我还以为你会被轮床推进来呢 |
[19:58] | This isn’t yours, it’s a ploy… | 这不是你的报告 是个花招 |
[20:01] | I needed to see you and didn’t want you forearmed. | 我得见你 而且不希望你有所警惕 |
[20:04] | Oh, so this is adversarial? | 所以这是一场敌对行动 |
[20:06] | I hope it’s mutually advantageous. | 我希望这是互利的 |
[20:08] | I come to you, not with physical injury, | 我的确没有带着肉体上的伤害来找你 |
[20:10] | it’s true, but with a lifetime of spiritual harm done. | 但带着终身的精神伤害 |
[20:15] | Not my racket. | 不是我的活 |
[20:16] | Unless there’s one third commission on salvation. | 除非给我三分之一的赔偿金做佣金 |
[20:19] | I think not. | 我想没有 |
[20:20] | Then talk in a language I might understand, or leave. | 那要么说我能听明白的话 要么走 |
[20:24] | I’m here for the burial plot. | 我为墓地而来 |
[20:25] | To suggest that you move on. | 希望你能换个地方 |
[20:27] | If you know that I maneuvered my way into getting it, | 如果你知道我怎么弄到那块墓地的 |
[20:30] | then you have to know that I’m not about to let it go. | 你就知道我不会放手 |
[20:33] | I’m offering you something better. | 我会给你更好的 |
[20:35] | I’ve secured you a prime patch at Green-Wood. | 我帮你在绿木锁定了一个上等墓地 |
[20:40] | P-7 tract. | P-7位 |
[20:43] | That’s not an offer. That’s a threat. | 这不是报价 这是威胁 |
[20:45] | To what, expose my side piece? | 怎样 打算曝光我的婚外情 |
[20:48] | I know you care for her. | 我知道你在意她 |
[20:50] | Care for her? I love her. | 在意她 我爱她 |
[20:52] | Tits made to fit in a nice sized martini glass. | 乳房的形状完美契合马丁尼酒杯 |
[20:55] | I’m sure you’ve seen pictures. | 我相信你看过照片了 |
[20:58] | And this way, you can lay together | 这样的话 你们就可以一起躺在 |
[21:00] | in her family’s mausoleum. | 她家族的墓地里 |
[21:03] | I had to ensure others would be moved, | 我会确保其他人都被秘密 |
[21:05] | all under cloak of secrecy, | 移走 |
[21:07] | so that no one would know about any of it | 以便没人知道一丁点 |
[21:09] | until you were gone. | 直到你死为止 |
[21:11] | What’s the rest, you’re gonna tell my wife? | 接下来是什么 你准备告诉我老婆 |
[21:14] | I’m trying to protect her. | 我是试图保护她 |
[21:16] | So I have something you want and you’re coming for it. | 所以我有你要的东西 你为这个来 |
[21:18] | That’s an average Wednesday for me. | 对我来说就是个普通的周三 |
[21:21] | The cuticles. | 折腾指甲 |
[21:22] | You do that while getting fellated? | 你被口交时就做这个 |
[21:24] | Long as I nut, who cares? | 我这么龙精虎猛 谁在乎这个 |
[21:26] | Are you offering to fellate me for the plot? | 你是要给我口交来换墓地吗 |
[21:28] | ‘Cause that’s a hard no. | 这很难拒绝 |
[21:33] | Look, man, | 兄弟 |
[21:35] | I have fucked up a lot in life. | 我活着的时候烂透了 |
[21:39] | I want to do death right. | 我希望死后能妥当安置 |
[21:41] | Wagner, you’re not my problem | 华格纳 你的生前死后 |
[21:43] | on either side of the mortal plane. | 都不是我的问题 |
[21:45] | How’s this: The plot is yours. | 这样如何 墓地归你 |
[21:49] | If you take immediate occupancy. | 只要你马上入住 |
[21:50] | Otherwise, be the fuck from my office. | 要不然 滚出我的办公室 |
[22:04] | Legend is, King Cole | 传说中 柯尔王 |
[22:06] | is releasing his royal air under that robe. | 是在长袍下偷偷放屁 |
[22:10] | That’s why he smiles. | 这就是他笑的原因 |
[22:12] | Because the jesters have to take it. | 因为小丑必须闻它 |
[22:16] | It’s a gesture of respect | 我们在你被开除之前 |
[22:18] | that we alerted you in advance of your removal. | 先告诉你是一种尊敬的姿态 |
[22:21] | And what a kindness that is. | 多善良啊 |
[22:23] | Yet it’s of a different style than the one I showed you. | 不过我展示给你的姿态是另一种风格 |
[22:27] | My support of our worthy cause. My fucking ten million. | 我对我们事业的支持 我的一千万 |
[22:30] | Look, Bobby. It’s your board-appointed right | 听着 波比 出席会议是你作为董事会成员 |
[22:31] | to appear at the meeting. | 所享有的权利 |
[22:33] | But you know how things leak. | 但你知道世上没有不漏风的墙 |
[22:35] | I wouldn’t want you to be portrayed | 我不想让别人以为 |
[22:37] | as desperate and begging. | 你走投无路只能摇尾乞怜 |
[22:44] | I’m a problem for you. | 你不喜欢我 |
[22:47] | Your board thrives in the dark, | 你的董事会夜夜笙歌 |
[22:49] | slurping up the fringe bennies– | 沉迷在姑娘们的温柔乡里 |
[22:52] | the five star lunches, the golf junkets, | 享受着五星餐厅的午餐 玩着公款报销的高尔夫 |
[22:54] | the safaris under the guise of “Fact finding missions.” | 打着调研的名义四处旅游 |
[22:59] | My presence shines an unwanted light, | 而他们不欢迎我加入 |
[23:01] | ’cause I’m someone who actually works for a living. | 是因为我的一切是我辛苦工作换来的 |
[23:05] | The conduct of the board, under your direction, | 董事会在你领导下的所作所为 |
[23:07] | will be found out. | 终有一天会曝光 |
[23:10] | And nothing will change. | 然而什么都不会改变 |
[23:13] | Because that’s how it’s been for all time. | 因为长久以来一向如此 |
[23:17] | A little cronyism greases the wheels of the machine. | 讲人情走关系会让办事更方便 |
[23:22] | And no T-shirt billie with the law on his tail | 这不是官司缠身爱穿T恤的亿万富翁 |
[23:26] | is going to change that. | 可以改变的 |
[23:30] | Fart in my fucking presence | 你他妈就当着我的面放屁吧 |
[23:33] | and your reign will meet a swift end. | 你的统治时代马上就会完蛋 |
[23:38] | We’ll return to the frolic, | 大家很快就可以去放松享受夜晚 |
[23:42] | but a few awards | 但在此之前 |
[23:44] | must find their deserving recipients. | 有几个奖项需要认领 |
[23:47] | The first is a Distinguished Service Award. | 第一个颁出的是杰出贡献奖 |
[23:51] | Given to an individual | 奖励那位 |
[23:52] | who has exemplified the lux et veritas | 阐释出我们光明与真理 |
[23:56] | that guides this institution: | 校训真谛的 |
[23:59] | Mr. Charles Rhoades. | 查尔斯·罗兹先生 |
[24:08] | My remarks would pale | 与跟他最熟悉的人相比 |
[24:10] | beside those of someone who knows him best. | 我对他的评价简直不值一提 |
[24:14] | So. | 所以 |
[24:16] | A surprise guest to present this award. | 这奖项将由一位神秘来宾颁出 |
[24:19] | US Attorney for the Southern District of New York. | 纽约南区联邦检察官 |
[24:23] | Mr. Chuck Rhoades Junior. | 小查克·罗兹先生 |
[24:39] | Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢 谢谢大家 |
[24:44] | It was a short walk for me to get here. | 我来这儿特别容易 |
[24:47] | My 25 year reunion is happening 100 yards east. | 我毕业25年的校友会就在这儿东边不到一百米 |
[24:52] | So… | 所以 |
[24:54] | But in truth… | 但事实上 |
[24:57] | it’s been a short walk for me to get most anywhere in life. | 我这一生基本做什么都很容易 |
[25:03] | My father, Charles Rhoades, made sure of this. | 我的父亲查尔斯·罗兹替我铺好了路 |
[25:08] | He had me at 25 years old. | 他在25岁那年有了我 |
[25:12] | An age at which I was finishing law school. | 跟他一个岁数时我刚从法学院毕业 |
[25:15] | Drinking as I pleased. | 我只会无节制地喝酒 |
[25:18] | Chasing women, | 追女人 |
[25:20] | if not always catching up. | 还经常铩羽而归 |
[25:24] | But my father stepped up and sacrificed | 但我父亲却在年纪轻轻时 |
[25:27] | the remaining years of his life as a young man, | 扛起了重担 用尽他的余生 |
[25:30] | to ensure that I got the right start. | 确保我能赢在起跑线上 |
[25:35] | And as I grew, | 等我长大 |
[25:37] | he taught me to recognize and seize opportunity. | 他教会了我辨别并抓住机会 |
[25:41] | The value of loyalty and alliances. | 忠诚与同盟的价值 |
[25:47] | The obligations of privilege. | 生而优越的责任 |
[25:51] | In essence, | 从本质上 |
[25:52] | he gave me the key to the workings of the world. | 他给了我打开成功大门的钥匙 |
[25:57] | He handed me every advantage. | 他给了我超越他人的优势 |
[26:01] | And his sense of duty has carried forth. | 以及他那无与伦比的责任感 |
[26:06] | The Distinguished Service Award. To a distinguished man. | 杰出贡献奖 颁给一位伟大的人 |
[26:11] | A life of service. | 为他无悔奉献的一生 |
[26:15] | Come get this thing, Dad. | 快来领你的奖杯吧 爸爸 |
[26:49] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[26:54] | You played those heart strings like Orpheus. | 你撩人心弦的能力堪比俄耳甫斯啊 |
[26:59] | To no avail. | 但没用 |
[27:00] | And on this hallowed ground, | 在这神圣的校园里 |
[27:02] | the site of my greatest conquests, | 我最引以为傲的征服过的地方 |
[27:04] | you have the impertinence | 你就这么鲁莽地 |
[27:07] | to show your weakest self. | 来向大家展示你最懦弱的一面 |
[27:13] | Connecticut Hall. | 康乃狄克楼 |
[27:15] | I fucked three girls in there once, in a 24 hour period. | 我有次一天之内在那里上了三个女孩 |
[27:19] | One in the can. | 其中一次在厕所里 |
[27:20] | You screwed a girl in a dorm bathroom? | 你在宿舍卫生间里睡了一个女孩 |
[27:25] | No, sonny. | 不对 孩子 |
[27:29] | Well. That was before AIDS. | 那是在艾滋泛滥之前 |
[27:31] | Wouldn’t have stopped us. | 那也吓不倒我们 |
[27:32] | Fact that it stopped your generation says it all. | 吓退了你这代人倒是很能说明问题 |
[27:35] | We forged ahead, damn the torpedoes. | 我们勇往直前 畅抒己见 |
[27:40] | I should have known better. | 我早就该想到 |
[27:42] | The sentimental approach was never going to work on you. | 感情攻势对你根本不起作用 |
[27:47] | I realize I may endure the consequences of what I’ve done. | 我知道我要为我的所作所为承担后果 |
[27:52] | May go down. | 为之受罚 |
[27:54] | And if you are unable to protect me… | 如果你不能保护我 |
[27:57] | I want to know that you’ll protect Kevin. | 我需要你告诉我你会保护凯文 |
[28:01] | Be the man in his life. | 让他生命中有男性长辈可以依靠 |
[28:05] | My speech was under false pretenses. | 我的发言的确是编造的 |
[28:07] | But there was truth in it. | 但里面有部分是真的 |
[28:11] | You were a role model. | 你一直是我的榜样 |
[28:17] | The boy will be looked after. | 那孩子会被照顾妥当的 |
[28:19] | Ok. | 好的 |
[28:19] | But please, none of that Uncle Maurice shit. | 但拜托 别搞出莫里斯叔叔那一套 |
[28:24] | We walk in together. | 我们一起进去 |
[28:27] | You collect your wife. | 你带上你老婆 |
[28:30] | Some people find you impressive. So you will shake a few hands. | 有的人对你印象不错 你跟他们打个招呼 |
[28:33] | Then leave. | 然后离开这里 |
[28:40] | Manticore-2 sits ready to launch. | 曼提柯尔2号已做好发射准备 |
[28:45] | Last scrub was T-Minus 8. | 最后一次取消发射机会是在倒数八秒 |
[28:47] | T-Minus 10 seconds. | 十秒倒计时 |
[28:51] | It’s gonna happen… | 铁定要发射了 |
[28:53] | Four, three, two, one. | 四 三 二 一 |
[29:02] | And we have liftoff. | 火箭升空 |
[29:38] | We’re now standing by for updates… | 现在我们在等进一步的消息 |
[29:41] | Who’s gonna say it? | 谁来说 |
[29:46] | Fuck it. I’ll say it. | 我操 那我说 |
[29:50] | Farpoint is gonna tank! | 远点科技完蛋了 |
[29:53] | It’s payday on that beautiful short! | 我们美丽的做空今天有了回报 |
[29:59] | You didn’t put a banana in his tailpipe, did ya? | 不会是你往排气管里塞香蕉了吧 |
[30:05] | Yeah! Fuck, yeah! | 太好了 他妈爽翻了 |
[30:18] | 克雷格·海德克 远点科技CEO | |
[30:37] | Craig Heidecker died. | 克雷格·海德克死了 |
[30:43] | His…it, exploded. | 他的 爆炸了 |
[30:48] | Well isn’t that a shame… | 那真是可惜了啊 |
[30:51] | A real goddamn shame. | 真太他妈可惜了 |
[31:01] | I’m sorry, Wendy. | 我很遗憾 温蒂 |
[31:06] | For your loss. | 你失去了他 |
[31:10] | Mr. Rhoades, I wanted to introduce myself. | 罗兹先生 我想自我介绍下 |
[31:15] | – My son was– – Excuse me. | -我的儿子 -借过 |
[31:17] | My son was on the law review with you. | 我儿子曾跟你在《法学评论》共事过 |
[31:21] | He admired you greatly. | 他很仰慕你 |
[31:26] | As the manager of the factory, | 作为工厂的经理 |
[31:27] | you know the placement of the surveillance cameras. | 你知道所有监控摄像头的位置 |
[31:30] | But not well enough to avoid them all. | 但却没法完全避开它们 |
[31:32] | We have you pissing in the soup. | 我们找到了你作案的画面 |
[31:36] | And people’s lives were placed in jeopardy. | 你威胁到了他人的生命安全 |
[31:37] | Which puts your freedom in that same position. | 这反过来也让你失去了自由 |
[31:40] | I was told they weren’t in any danger, | 有人告诉我他们不会有危险 |
[31:42] | that a doctor was consulted. | 咨询过医生的 |
[31:44] | A doctor? | 医生 |
[31:46] | Trace amounts, he said. Keep it as safe as can be. | 他说计量很小 绝对安全 |
[31:49] | The man who instructed you. Describe him. | 告诉你这话的人 长什么样 |
[31:52] | Fifties. | 五十多岁 |
[31:54] | Bald. | 秃顶 |
[31:56] | Glasses… | 戴眼镜 |
[31:57] | Medium nose. | 中等大小鼻子 |
[32:03] | And like that. Work begets results. | 就像那样 工作就有成果 |
[32:08] | I looked closer. | 我仔细研究了下 |
[32:09] | Pierced the firewall on Senior’s position. | 查看了老罗玆的仓位 |
[32:12] | And its size matches that of a trust in Chuck’s name. | 它的规模和查克名下的一个信托相符 |
[32:15] | Question is: did Senior violate the trust? | 问题是 是老罗玆违反了信托 |
[32:17] | Or was he directed to do it? | 还是查克本人有所指示 |
[32:23] | Important questions, no doubt– | 这些问题很重要 毫无疑问 |
[32:25] | The only ones that fucking matter. | 这些是唯一重要的问题 |
[32:26] | And about time we got the answers. | 是时候找找答案了 |
[32:28] | Can’t look away from it anymore, Oliver. | 不能再装聋作哑了 奥利弗 |
[32:31] | Perhaps an exploratory meeting with Rhoades Senior then. | 也许该找老罗玆来开个试探性会谈吧 |
[32:34] | I may have already done that. | 我大概已经这么做了 |
[32:37] | He’s gonna require immunity to come in | 他会要求免起诉豁免 |
[32:39] | and I’m gonna offer it. But I need your sign off. | 我会给他豁免 但我需要你授权 |
[32:41] | Or furnish me a fucking reason you’d refuse me. | 不然给我一个拒绝我的理由 |
[32:43] | In writing. | 以书面形式 |
[32:46] | Offer it. | 我给你授权 |
[33:03] | Bourbon in a cup. | 来杯波旁威士忌 |
[33:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:22] | So you knew. | 你早知道了 |
[33:25] | – Had me followed. – No, no. | -让人跟踪我 -不 我没有 |
[33:29] | But my father did. | 但我父亲做了 |
[33:31] | And he told me. | 然后他告诉了我 |
[33:35] | Took pleasure in it. | 我还挺乐意的 |
[33:39] | Chuck… it | 查克 这 |
[33:41] | It was a symptom of… | 是我们婚姻紊乱的 |
[33:44] | disarray in our marriage. | 一种症状 |
[33:48] | I caused that disarray, | 紊乱是我造成的 |
[33:50] | and it has since been ordered. | 但之后它重新回归了秩序 |
[33:58] | And we’re going to leave it at that? | 我们就这样扔着不管吗 |
[34:01] | This won’t come back around later. | 以后不会反咬我们一口 |
[34:05] | It leveled me, Wendy. | 这让我变强了 温蒂 |
[34:08] | That’s the truth. | 这是真的 |
[34:13] | Broke parts of me I didn’t know existed. | 我从未察觉过我破碎了的一面 |
[34:19] | But that pain focused me, | 这痛楚使我专注于 |
[34:21] | on priorities both work and home. | 事业和家庭的优先性 |
[34:24] | So I’m glad for that. | 我为此很高兴 |
[34:28] | And if it does rise, | 如果它真的会反噬 |
[34:30] | I will do my best to bring it to you in a civilized manner. | 我会尽力用最文明的方式告诉你 |
[34:56] | I told you about my first time. | 我给你讲过我的第一次 |
[35:00] | – With the junior– – Yes. Yes. | -跟个大三的 -对 |
[35:03] | Wasn’t so. | 并不是她 |
[35:04] | She was my first amateur. | 她是我的第一个素人 |
[35:07] | Uncle Maurice took me to a brothel | 莫里斯叔叔在我14岁生日时 |
[35:11] | on my fourteenth birthday. | 带我去了家妓院 |
[35:14] | So young. | 太小了吧 |
[35:16] | That’s practically Kevin’s age. | 基本跟凯文一样大 |
[35:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:22] | I was as ashamed as I was nervous | 我既紧张又兴奋 |
[35:26] | as I was excited. | 还同样程度地羞愧 |
[35:28] | And Uncle Maurice swore it would be between me and him… | 莫里斯叔叔发誓说这事只有我俩知道 |
[35:33] | But when I got home, my father was waiting up for me. | 但我回家时 我爸已经在等着我了 |
[35:37] | And he knew all about it. | 整件事他都知道 |
[35:40] | Told me he’d picked Ginger for me, | 还告诉我他给我选了个红发女孩 |
[35:43] | that he knew she’d get the job done right. | 他知道她能好好完成任务 |
[35:47] | Take me “’round the world.” | 会让我爽翻天 |
[35:50] | You discovered he was unfaithful. | 你发现他不忠 |
[35:55] | And it was the first time | 那也是我父亲第一次 |
[35:59] | my father ever said he was proud of me. | 告诉我他为我骄傲 |
[36:14] | So…How was Ginger? | 那 红发女孩到底怎么样 |
[36:20] | Well, Dad was right about that. | 我爸说得很对 |
[36:22] | Yeah. She took me ’round the world. | 是的 她让我爽翻天了 |
[36:31] | It’s happening. | 开始了 |
[36:32] | Your father is being brought in. | 你父亲要来谈一谈 |
[36:34] | All on the record now. | 所有话都会记录在案 |
[36:36] | You’d better prepare yourself. | 你最好做好准备 |
[36:48] | Connerty’s got my father. | 康纳蒂抓了我父亲 |
[36:52] | This evening was a misstep. | 今晚就是个错误 |
[36:55] | I should know the man by now. Anticipate his reactions. | 我早该看透他 要预测他的反应 |
[36:59] | Not act on what I hope them to be. | 不能根据我的期望做事 |
[37:02] | You do know your father. And how he responds. | 你很了解你的父亲 了解他会怎么回应 |
[37:04] | All too well. | 你太了解他了 |
[37:06] | That’s right. I do. | 没错 我了解他 |
[37:08] | And you need to use that. | 你得使用这一点 |
[37:10] | Exploit it. | 好好利用 |
[37:20] | Just occurred to me. | 我突然想到 |
[37:21] | We only sup when difficulties are at hand. | 我们只在非常困难的时候才一起吃晚饭 |
[37:26] | But perhaps this time is different? | 但也许这次不同 |
[37:30] | My father’s going to serve me up. | 我爸要牺牲我了 |
[37:34] | So you may need a new horse for the governorship. | 你可能得重新物色州长人选了 |
[37:37] | Well, only so if you’re willing to surrender. | 除非你甘愿屈服 我再重新物色 |
[37:42] | Are you? | 你会屈服吗 |
[37:42] | I am not, willingly. | 我不会自愿这么做 |
[37:45] | But circumstance may cost me it. | 但形势会让我付出代价 |
[37:49] | I have tried | 我已经试过 |
[37:51] | almost all manner of appeal. | 绝大部分上诉形式了 |
[37:54] | Almost all… | 绝大部分 |
[37:58] | Well, then I believe Joe Scolari can be of help. | 我想乔·斯科拉里能帮得上忙 |
[38:01] | Your father’s Kingsford land | 你父亲在金斯福德买的地 |
[38:03] | is in the good state senator’s domain. | 由这位州议员控制 |
[38:06] | Which presently works in your father’s favor. | 目前发展态势对你父亲有利 |
[38:10] | But that can change. | 但情况也可能有变 |
[38:15] | To do so, however, would be a move you cannot walk back. | 但这么做也是一条不能回头的路 |
[38:22] | So, are you sure? | 你决定好了吗 |
[38:29] | Craig Heidecker’s wristwatch contained 456 pieces. | 克雷格·海德克的腕表有456个零件 |
[38:32] | Inside a 38 millimeter case. | 都装在一个38毫米的盒子里 |
[38:34] | Hand assembled by one horologist over the course of a year. | 由一位钟表制造师用一年手工安装 |
[38:36] | Some of the pieces are invisible to the naked eye. | 甚至有些零件是肉眼不可见的 |
[38:40] | It’s precise to plus or minus point-five seconds a day. | 精确到每日误差为正负0.5秒 |
[38:42] | As close to faultless precision as possible. | 几乎接近精准无差 |
[38:46] | That’s how he lived. | 这就是他的生活方式 |
[38:48] | I know how he lived. | 我知道他的生活方式 |
[38:52] | We, uh… | 我们 |
[38:54] | worked together. Briefly. | 一起工作过 短暂地 |
[39:02] | Look, he understood | 他明白的 |
[39:05] | precision is an objective, not an end. | 精确只是个目标 不是结局 |
[39:08] | It’s what gets one as near to perfect as possible. | 是人尽可能去接近完美的动力 |
[39:10] | But perfection is unobtainable. | 但完美无缺是不可获得的 |
[39:16] | That’s hard for you to accept | 对你来说很难接受 |
[39:17] | because in some areas it is within your grasp. | 因为某些领域你能够做到完美 |
[39:21] | Math is perfect. | 数学就是完美的 |
[39:23] | And he did the math. | 他做过数学演算 |
[39:23] | A thousand times a day, a thousand days in advance. | 在他将性命寄于那个舱室前 我肯定 |
[39:26] | Before he put his life inside that vessel. I am sure. | 他已每日演算上千次 演算过上千天了 |
[39:28] | But there’s always “X.” The unknown. | 但总有未知数啊 |
[39:32] | A buildup of oxygen in the aluminum liner. | 铝制稳压器会积累氧气 |
[39:34] | Can’t be solved for. He’d know this too. | 无法解决的问题 他也知道 |
[39:36] | And he decided the risk was worth it. | 他认为冒这风险是值得的 |
[39:38] | The success of that mission | 那项任务一旦成功 |
[39:39] | would determine the viability of his vision: | 就能决定他愿景的可行性 |
[39:41] | To make the universe hospitable. | 让宇宙适宜居住 |
[39:43] | Because we’ll need it to be. | 这也是大家都需要实现的 |
[39:46] | I knew the risk was too great. | 我知道这风险很大 |
[39:48] | The signs read this way. And I bet against him. | 所有迹象都如此表明 我也赌他输 |
[39:52] | He wanted to save our lives… | 他想拯救我们的生命 |
[39:55] | I profited off his death. | 我却因他的死获利 |
[39:58] | You lost a hero and were rewarded for it. | 你失去了位英雄 并因此获得奖励 |
[40:03] | These things are in conflict. | 这些事情都互相矛盾 |
[40:07] | But conflicting emotions require we resolve the conflict. | 但矛盾的情绪要求我们必须解决矛盾 |
[40:10] | Can they be resolved? | 那些矛盾能解决吗 |
[40:13] | One emotion has to prevail. | 必须只有一种情绪胜出 |
[40:14] | Otherwise you languish while the dispute carries on | 不然继续矛盾下去会让你焦虑 |
[40:17] | and you miss opportunities. | 而且会错过机遇 |
[40:21] | It’s normal to feel two things at once. | 两种情绪同时出现很正常 |
[40:24] | But when you’re here. | 但在这里 |
[40:27] | Mind the truth that makes you money. | 注意能让你赚钱的真相 |
[40:37] | I brought pie. So to speak… | 我带了派 可以说… |
[40:39] | Seeing as we’ll be neighbors. | 考虑到我们会成为邻居 |
[40:41] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[40:42] | The plot is spoken for. | 那块墓地被我定了 |
[40:44] | Nussfaur? | 那索夫 |
[40:45] | I heard you’re on your ass. | 我听说你处境很糟糕 |
[40:47] | You can’t afford a choice patch like this. | 你买不起那块墓地吧 |
[40:50] | That’s fucking hilarious, | 真是太好笑了 |
[40:52] | considering my wire has already been sent. | 我已经转账付款了 |
[40:54] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[40:55] | Just here to sign. | 我就是来签字的 |
[40:57] | You can kiss my red eye on my way out. | 我出去的时候你就眼红吧 |
[40:59] | Things I’m hearing, I’d check the wire if I were you… | 就我听说的来看 你还是检查一下转账吧 |
[41:03] | Knock yourself out. | 你继续编 |
[41:08] | It…appears his–your deposit has been retracted. | 看起来…您的订金被撤销了 |
[41:13] | There’s insufficient funds. | 存款不够 |
[41:15] | That’s bullshit! | 胡说八道 |
[41:17] | I keep 350 in my car ashtray. | 我车里的烟缸都有350现金 |
[41:19] | Sir, if you can’t pay– | 先生 如果你付不起 |
[41:21] | I can and I did. | 我付得起 而且我已经付了 |
[41:23] | Probably over extended. | 可能透支了 |
[41:24] | His marriage is collapsing like the walls of Jericho. | 他的婚姻正像耶利哥之墙一样轰然倒塌 |
[41:28] | Where’d you get that crap? | 你从哪得到的鬼消息 |
[41:30] | I read about you being outed with your mistress on Page Six. | 我在娱乐版看到你和情人出门的照片 |
[41:33] | 纽约邮报娱乐版 独家新闻 律师丑闻 | |
[41:34] | May I? | 我能看看吗 |
[41:36] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[41:38] | I’ll have you hoisted by your scrotum for this, Wagner. | 瓦格纳 我会回敬你的 |
[41:44] | So now you have a vacancy. | 现在你们有空墓地了 |
[41:48] | And now you don’t. | 现在又没了 |
[41:55] | You leave boards all the time. | 你总是离开董事会 |
[41:57] | Yeah. When I fucking choose to. | 那是我选择的 |
[41:58] | I don’t choose to leave this one. | 我没有选择离开这个董事会 |
[42:01] | So you’re not gonna go gracefully. | 所以你不会洒脱地离开 |
[42:02] | I am going into that room, | 我要去那间房间 |
[42:04] | and I am gonna play duck duck goose. | 去玩丢手绢 |
[42:06] | I’m gonna remind each and every fucking one of them | 我会提醒他们每一个人 |
[42:09] | how I’ve personally enriched them. | 我是怎样帮他们富起来的 |
[42:11] | And I am calling in the return. | 现在是他们回报我的时候了 |
[42:13] | There’s little to be gained by instigating foes. | 树敌太多没什么好处 |
[42:16] | Then they will be taught there is no strength in numbers. | 然后他们就会知道人多不一定有用 |
[42:19] | Fats McCarthy, | 胖子麦卡锡 |
[42:21] | he killed 22 Germans and captured fifty. | 他杀了22个德国人 俘虏了50个 |
[42:23] | A half-kilometer of a trench by his own hand. | 一人挖了500米战壕 |
[42:26] | I can take this fucking board. | 我能搞定这个见鬼的董事会 |
[42:28] | So you’re an army of one? | 所以你是孤军奋战吗 |
[42:30] | And fortified. | 全副武装 |
[42:36] | There is a toxicity | 受到控告 |
[42:38] | that comes with being charged with a crime. | 的确有其毒性 |
[42:41] | Sure, it may matter to people in finance, | 当然 可能这对金融人士也重要 |
[42:43] | but their reputations are buttressed by money. | 但他们的名声是金钱支撑的 |
[42:45] | Philanthropies only have their reputation. | 慈善家只有名声 |
[42:48] | And you are a threat to theirs. | 你对他们的名声是个威胁 |
[42:51] | It’s like academia. Everything’s a big fucking deal, | 就像学术界 什么事都是大事 |
[42:53] | because the stakes are so small… | 因为能承受的风险太小 |
[42:59] | So this is where we live now– | 所以这是我们现在的处境 |
[43:02] | in retreat. | 暂时撤退 |
[43:04] | We fall back. We preserve. | 以退为进 保存实力 |
[43:06] | We defend. | 我们要防御 |
[43:14] | It’ll pass when you clear your name. | 你洗刷罪名之后 一切都会好起来 |
[43:16] | But for now, you need to embrace the victory of self-awareness. | 但现在 你得学会接受自我意识的胜利 |
[43:20] | Because out in the world, | 因为外面的世界里 |
[43:22] | you might keep taking losses for awhile. | 一段时间内你可能会一直失败 |
[43:26] | That’s where you’re at. | 这就是你现在的处境 |
[43:31] | We both are. | 我们两个的处境 |
[43:49] | I’d like to push the final item | 我想将最后一项议程 |
[43:50] | to the top of the agenda. | 提到第一项 |
[43:52] | Changing the agenda requires a unanimous vote. | 改变议程需要全票通过 |
[43:55] | I’ll expedite: you don’t have it. | 我省点时间 你别想了 |
[43:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[44:01] | First order. | 第一项 |
[44:03] | Oscar Langstraat, one of our most important donors, | 奥斯卡·蓝斯瑞特 我们最重要的捐助人之一 |
[44:05] | would like to address the board regarding a… | 想要向董事会提交一份… |
[44:08] | Venture Philanthropy initiative. | 公益创投计划 |
[44:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:12] | I value your good works. | 我很感谢大家的努力 |
[44:14] | But organizations must change, because the world is changing. | 但是组织必须作出改变 因为世界在改变 |
[44:19] | Venture Philanthropy, conducted with precision and care, | 公益创投 精准又具有人文关怀 |
[44:22] | is that change. | 正是你们需要的改变 |
[44:24] | We’ll need those tents in here, | 我们这里也需要那些帐篷 |
[44:25] | you keep pumping in the fucking hot air. | 你一直送热风进来 |
[44:28] | There’ll be no crosstalk. | 不要进行对话 |
[44:30] | So I’ll just talk. | 那就我来说 |
[44:33] | Venture Philanthropy can work. | 公益创投能行 |
[44:36] | But it requires a rigorous level of oversight. | 但需要严格监管 |
[44:39] | This group isn’t built for that. | 这个团队并不是为监管设立的 |
[44:43] | Then what are we built for, Axelrod? | 那我们是为什么而设的呢 阿克斯罗德 |
[44:46] | Listen, Langstraat, I’d love to let you burn them, | 蓝斯瑞特 我很乐意你能借 |
[44:48] | in the name of burnishing your own rep. | 提升自己名声的名义毁掉这里的人 |
[44:51] | But I cannot let you hurt the people of sub-Saharan Africa | 但我不能让你伤害撒哈拉以南非洲的人 |
[44:54] | just so you can be part of yet one more cutting edge movement. | 只为了让你参与到最顶尖的变革里去 |
[44:58] | Wake up, Axelrod. | 醒醒吧 阿克斯罗德 |
[44:59] | Cystic fibrosis is on the verge of being treatable, | 囊胞性纤维症马上就能有应对疗法了 |
[45:02] | or even curable, thanks to VP. | 甚至是能被治愈 这都归功于创投 |
[45:04] | They’ve created a way | 他们创造了 |
[45:05] | to earn the money they need for research | 能够赚钱支持研发的方式 |
[45:08] | instead of endlessly fundraising. | 不用无止境地去筹款 |
[45:10] | Look. Don’t try and reinvent who we are, here. | 听着 别试图彻底改造我们是谁 |
[45:14] | There is a reason for the tried and true– | 经过测验被证明为好的是有原因的 |
[45:17] | it may not be perfect, but it works. | 它可能不完美 但有用 |
[45:21] | Look, you will make fools of yourselves. | 听着 你们会让自己难堪的 |
[45:25] | A 50 million dollar investment in Rayveon Solar | 五千万美元的对瑞文昂太阳能投资 |
[45:27] | would allow the people to bypass | 能让人们摆脱那些 |
[45:29] | Africa’s failed electric grid | 非洲失败的电力公司 |
[45:31] | in the way cellphones bypassed its phone lines. | 就像手机摆脱电话线一样 |
[45:34] | They’ll be able to power homes, businesses, indoor farms– | 他们能为家庭 商业和室内农场供电– |
[45:37] | Like the bard says: | 就像吟游诗人们说的: |
[45:39] | save the bold moves for the brilliant players. | 把大事交给有本事的人去干 |
[45:42] | That ain’t you. | 明显不是你 |
[45:44] | And it sure as shit isn’t | 而且显然指的也不会是 |
[45:46] | anybody sitting around this table. | 在座的任何一位 |
[45:48] | Spoken like the overpaid day trader you are. | 说得真符合你薪资过高的日内交易者身份 |
[45:51] | So says the fucking northern California pipe dreamer. | 北加州的空想家也好意思说我 |
[45:55] | Don’t do it, people. | 大家不要这么做 |
[46:00] | Mr. Langstraat’s proposal goes to a vote. | 接下来对蓝斯瑞特的提议进行投票 |
[46:04] | Those in favor of establishing a fund | 同意为创投设立基金的 |
[46:06] | for the purpose of venture investment. | 请举手 |
[46:09] | As I, for one, certainly am… | 我肯定同意 |
[46:15] | You’re making a bigtime fucking mistake… | 你们在犯一个巨大的错误 |
[46:22] | The motion passes. | 提议通过 |
[46:25] | As will, I expect, the next. | 我想下一个也会通过 |
[46:28] | I motion to remove Robert Axelrod | 我提议将罗伯特·阿克斯罗德 |
[46:30] | from the World-Aid Consortium Board of Directors. | 从世界援助董事会驱逐 |
[46:33] | Those in favor. | 同意的请举手 |
[46:40] | The Board thanks you for your contribution. | 董事会感谢你作出的贡献 |
[46:57] | To what do I owe the pleasure of a visit | 能冒昧请问来意吗 |
[47:00] | from the only state senator who matters? | 唯一一个举足轻重的州议员为何前来 |
[47:02] | I felt it was only right to let you know personally: | 你觉得我应该亲自告诉你 |
[47:07] | The Kingsford land | 金斯福德那块地 |
[47:09] | may need to be reassigned as a conservation area. | 可能会被规划成自然保护区 |
[47:15] | Eastern elk need all the help they can get. | 马鹿需要人类的帮助 |
[47:18] | Delicate species, require a certain habitat. | 它们是珍稀物种 需要特定的栖息地 |
[47:22] | Whereas a casino, like a fungus, | 然而赌场却像霉菌一样 |
[47:27] | will thrive in any dank climate. | 在所有潮湿阴暗的环境下生长 |
[47:32] | If the casino moves, my land up there is worthless. | 如果赌场要换地方的话 那边地就一文不值了 |
[47:37] | This is some overreach of the canton, Joe. | 政府有点不自量力了 乔 |
[47:44] | Eastern elk need all the help they can get. | 马鹿需要人类的帮助 |
[47:49] | Delicate species. | 它们是珍稀物种 |
[47:51] | Require a certain habitat. | 需要特定的栖息地 |
[47:59] | We are prepared to offer you immunity | 我们愿意提供赦免权 |
[48:02] | in exchange for your cooperation. | 换取你的合作 |
[48:04] | Alternatively. Perjury carries five years. | 不然的话 作伪证会面临五年牢狱之灾 |
[48:09] | You have that to spare? | 你还有这么多时间吗 |
[48:24] | Ira is a liar. | 艾拉是个骗子 |
[48:27] | A disgruntled, failed investor. | 一个不满的 失败的投资人 |
[48:32] | I touched my son’s money because I saw a win. | 我动了我儿子的钱 因为我知道我会赢 |
[48:36] | I believed it was within the scope | 我相信这在我作为受托人的 |
[48:38] | of my power as Trustee. | 权利范围之内 |
[48:41] | Chuck was my victim. | 查克是我的受害者 |
[48:44] | And we were both victims of Bobby Axelrod. | 而我们又都是波比·阿克斯罗德的受害者 |
[48:48] | Do you know what happens | 你们知道如果在法庭上 |
[48:49] | when that statement gets rebutted in open court? | 证词被驳回的话会发生什么吗 |
[48:51] | I don’t want to put you in jail, sir, but I will. | 我不想让您坐牢 先生 但是我会的 |
[49:08] | We’ve both loved this man– | 我们都曾爱着这个男人 |
[49:11] | you as his father, me as a sort of son. | 你是他的父亲 我就像是他的儿子 |
[49:14] | But it’s time to do what’s right. | 但是现在我们该做正确的事情了 |
[49:23] | I would’ve thought that my son trained you better | 我还以为我儿子能训练好你 |
[49:26] | than to rely on emotion, | 起码不会靠情绪办事 |
[49:29] | when only true fortitude will get the job done… | 因为只有真正的果敢才能完成这份工作 |
[49:38] | You have my statement, buckeroo. | 我的证词说完了 小屁孩 |
[49:53] | Well. I gave you your shot with him. | 我给过你机会了 |
[49:57] | Now, pick back up on the other witnesses. | 现在 还是去问问其他证人吧 |
[50:09] | Do you carry this model? | 你们有这种吗 |
[50:11] | The 5270R in rose gold. | 玫瑰金的5270R型号 |
[50:13] | We do have one. | 我们确实有一只 |
[50:23] | Perpetual Calendar chronograph. | 万年历计时表 |
[50:25] | Silvery opaline dial. | 银白色表盘 |
[50:27] | Day, month and leap year in apertures. | 小表盘显示日期 月份以及闰年 |
[50:30] | Moon phase… | 和月相 |
[50:33] | Sapphire-crystal case back with hinged dustcover. | 蓝宝石玻璃后盖 链式防尘层 |
[50:36] | Fold-over clasp in 18 karat rose gold. | 18K玫瑰金镶嵌折叠式表扣 |
[50:40] | 164,400 dollars. | 售价16.44万美元 |
[50:44] | You’re welcome to try it on– | 您可以试一下 |
[50:46] | I’ll take it. | 我买了 |
[50:54] | Nice piece. | 表不错 |
[50:56] | I’d forgotten what your voice sounds like. | 我都忘了你的声音了 |
[50:58] | Because I only heard it through Wags. Ayles. | 因为我只能通过瓦格斯 艾尔斯听你说话 |
[51:01] | You had them work me on the tent initiative… | 你让他们劝我出手帐篷慈善行动 |
[51:03] | The message was received. I saw the play. | 我明白你的意思 看到了机会 |
[51:05] | Well enough to act on it? | 足够行动吗 |
[51:08] | I bought a basket of solar to obscure it– | 我买了一揽子太阳能股权来做掩护 |
[51:09] | ten names– including Rayveon. | 有十家 包括瑞文昂 |
[51:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[51:12] | The board approved the venture fund. | 董事会批准了风险资金 |
[51:14] | Rayveon Solar is churning panels | 瑞文昂太阳能现在正在 |
[51:16] | out of Shenzhen right now. | 深交所频繁交易中 |
[51:17] | Your play all along. | 你一向的玩法 |
[51:19] | Get the board to expand the initiative. | 让董事会扩大行动规模 |
[51:20] | Axe Cap reaps the win on manufacturing. | 阿克斯资本会在制造业大获全胜 |
[51:23] | Your aim is true. So is mine. | 你的目的达到了 我的也是 |
[51:25] | Heidecker. | 海德克 |
[51:27] | Farpoint stock price went the way of its founder. | 远点科技的股价朝它的已故创始人走去 |
[51:29] | Our short paid big. | 我们做空得到了大回报 |
[51:34] | About halfway through your screed, I realized: | 听你说到一半 我意识到 |
[51:36] | You weren’t insulting me. | 你并不是在羞辱我 |
[51:38] | We were dancing. | 我们当时在跳舞 |
[51:39] | Well, I couldn’t rid myself of my toxicity | 既然我不能摆脱我的毒性 |
[51:41] | so I aimed it. | 所以我瞄准了这一点 |
[51:43] | For my benefit. They hate you so much, | 为了我好 他们那么恨你 |
[51:45] | they forgot that they hate me too. | 以至于忘记了记恨我 |
[51:48] | Thank you for throwing the vote my way. | 感谢你帮我铺路 |
[51:50] | My pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[51:51] | Oh, I imagine it is. | 我可以想象 |
[51:53] | I’m guessing you laid a healthy position | 我猜想你在结果出来之前 |
[51:54] | in Rayveon Solar in advance of the outcome. | 就已经在瑞文昂太阳能里谋了一个好位子 |
[51:57] | Oh, no, I don’t trade equities. | 不 我不做股票交易 |
[51:59] | I do. | 我做 |
[52:00] | Oscar, my CIO, Taylor Mason. | 奥斯卡 这是我的首席投资官 泰勒·梅森 |
[52:07] | Did you buy in yourself? | 你自己买入了吗 |
[52:09] | I don’t burn from both ends. | 我也没这么拼命 |
[52:11] | It’s in the interest of my brand to be above reproach. | 不留一丝污点对我的品牌有好处 |
[52:13] | Well, I don’t have that luxury… | 我就没有这种奢华 |
[52:15] | or burden. | 或者说是负担 |
[52:16] | The fund really is to World-Aid’s benefit. | 基金真的是为了世界援救组织募集的 |
[52:19] | They’ll never know the good you did them. | 他们永远不知道你做了怎样的善举 |
[52:23] | To the good we’ve done. | 敬我们所做的善事 |
[52:24] | And will do. | 未来继续 |
[52:33] | Do you know why Ethiopians eat this way? | 你们知道俄塞俄比亚人为什么这么吃东西吗 |
[52:36] | Shared? In the center? | 放在中间 大家共享 |
[52:39] | It’s to foster a sense of community. | 是为了培养一种团队意识 |
[52:41] | Keep everything in the open. | 开诚布公 |
[52:42] | So everyone sees how much is available. | 所以每个人都心知肚明 |
[52:44] | And everyone knows they got their fair share. | 每个人都能获得相应的部分 |
[52:46] | It keeps everyone honest… | 这种方式让人们诚信 |
[52:48] | We’ve all done well today. All got our portion. | 我们今天都做得不错 都有所得 |
[52:51] | But you two might be better suited to a steakhouse. | 但是你们俩可能更适合牛排餐厅 |
[52:53] | Where everyone has his own plate. | 每个人盯着自己的盘子 |
[52:57] | Plenty such establishments in Mountain View. | 山景城有很多这种地方 |
[53:00] | And I’d be happy to host. | 我会很愿意带你们去 |
[53:02] | You two would find fruit in our humble valley. | 你们可以在山谷里发现收获 |
[53:06] | I’ll leave this to you two to carve up. | 我先走了 你们两个分吧 |
[53:55] | I’m proud of you, son. | 我为你骄傲 孩子 |
[54:00] | You did what was required. | 你做了该做的事 |
[54:03] | Fucked me good. | 好好地整了我 |
[54:06] | Damn the torpedoes. | 不顾风险一路直行 |
[54:48] | Bravo, Wags. | 做得好 瓦格斯 |
[54:51] | As the epitaph shall read. | 我的墓志铭上就会这么写 |
[54:55] | I thought this was a vanity play. | 我还以为这是虚荣心在作祟 |
[54:56] | But, more a matter of legacy. | 但是 更像是一份遗产 |
[55:00] | Some people frontload, | 有些人喜欢提前准备 |
[55:02] | establish their legacy early in life. | 在早年就准备好自己的遗产 |
[55:05] | I’ve left mine to the end… | 我却留到了最后 |
[55:07] | Or hopefully it’s only the middle. | 或者希望我还是中年 |
[55:11] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[55:13] | Heidecker knows. | 海德克知道 |
[55:15] | Fuck, 33. | 艹 三十三岁 |
[55:17] | Too soon. | 太早了 |
[55:18] | No, dying in your thirties is “Tragic.” | 不 三十多岁就去世是一场悲剧 |
[55:21] | As is forties. | 四十多岁去世的话 |
[55:23] | Sympathy dissipates from there. | 就没什么好同情的了 |
[55:26] | Fifties is “Such a shame.” | 五十多岁去世”太可惜了” |
[55:30] | Sixties is “Too soon.” | 六十多岁才是”太早” |
[55:31] | Seventies… “A good run.” | 七十岁”过得不错” |
[55:33] | And eighties is “A life well lived.” | 八十岁”不负此生” |
[55:39] | Nineties… | 九十岁 |
[55:43] | That’s a fuckin’ hell of a ride. | 这辈子太他妈值了 |
[55:58] | Don’t get too comfortable. | 别太乐不思蜀了 |
[56:04] | A hell of a ride. | 太他妈值了 |