时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You know those poison-tip arrows | 你知道那些部落使用的毒箭头 |
[00:09] | that go through one guy and kill another? | 穿过一个人杀了另一个人的那种 |
[00:11] | As long as it doesn’t come from you. | 只要不是你亲自上阵就行 |
[00:13] | You get someone else to ask her. | 你让别人去跟她说 |
[00:15] | Won’t track back to me. | 不会查到我身上 |
[00:16] | You come through for me, I’ll pay off your house. | 如果你能满足我的需要 我会付清你房子的贷款 |
[00:18] | People are getting sick on Ice Juice. | 有人喝了冰果汁感到不适 |
[00:21] | Freezing the assets? | 解冻资产 |
[00:22] | Now, that’s an Ivan Koloff bear hug you’re putting on the man. | 这就像是伊万·科洛夫的熊抱一样 |
[00:25] | You’re squeezing the breath out of him. | 你会让他喘不过气的 |
[00:27] | But now you owe me. | 但你现在欠我人情了 |
[00:29] | A favor to be named later. | 以后再找你还 |
[00:31] | Back channeling, patronage. I lost my taste for it. | 后门途径 互惠互利 我已经厌倦了 |
[00:34] | Just don’t forget, it was the back channels and deal-making | 只是不要忘了 你是走后门 |
[00:36] | that put you in that position. | 以及达成协议才坐上了那个位子 |
[00:38] | Remind me again, and it’s the last meal we share. | 你要是再说一次 这就是我们一起吃的最后一餐 |
[00:41] | It is still Axe Capital, | 不论谁来做日常决策 |
[00:43] | no matter who’s making the day-to-day decisions. | 这里都还是阿克斯资本 |
[00:45] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[00:46] | I know it’s Axe’s faith that confers value on me | 在我自己干出大事前 |
[00:49] | until I have a track record of my own. | 都得靠阿克斯对我的信任替我背书 |
[00:50] | Unless it becomes necessary, I will not leave. | 不到非走不可 我是不会离开的 |
[00:53] | I’m holding in my hand Robert Axelrod’s signature | 我手里拿着的是罗伯特·阿克斯罗德 |
[00:55] | relinquishing his ability to trade securities. | 放弃证券交易权的签名文件 |
[01:00] | Ol’ Samson got a real buzz cut. | 他真是大出血了 |
[01:56] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[02:07] | Bobby. Are you OK? | 鲍比 你没事吧 |
[02:09] | I went down to the crossroads. | 我在十字路口走错路了 |
[02:11] | What? | 什么 |
[02:12] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错误 |
[02:13] | The deal. I can’t do it–not trade. | 协议条件 我做不到停止交易 |
[02:18] | I’ve worked my entire life | 我奋斗了一辈子 |
[02:20] | putting myself in a position where I would be truly free– | 让自己处于一个真正自由的位置上 |
[02:23] | no limits, nothing I couldn’t do. | 无所顾忌 为所欲为 |
[02:26] | And with one signature, | 就签了一个字 |
[02:28] | I’ve stripped myself of all of that. | 我就把这一切从自己手中夺走了 |
[02:30] | It wasn’t the signature that did it. | 不是那个签字夺走的 |
[02:32] | It was the living like there were no rules. | 正是因为那种毫无限制的生活 |
[02:33] | That’s what made the signature necessary. | 才让你不得不签字 |
[02:36] | Wendy, are you alright? | 温蒂 没事吧 |
[02:38] | Yeah. Don’t wake up the kids. | 没事 别把孩子们吵醒了 |
[02:40] | I’ll be right up. | 我这就上来 |
[02:43] | I can’t do this now. | 我现在没法跟你谈 |
[02:45] | Realize that limits, | 你要知道限制和约束 |
[02:46] | constraints, they can be useful. | 也是可以利用的 |
[02:48] | Letting someone else run Axe Capital gives you | 让其他人来管理阿克斯资本 |
[02:51] | a chance to realign who you are. | 能让你重新调整自己 |
[02:54] | To get good at letting go. | 要善于放手 |
[02:57] | Which is a different kind of freedom. | 这样也是另一种自由 |
[02:58] | A more powerful kind of freedom. | 更强大的自由 |
[03:01] | Now go to sleep. | 快去睡吧 |
[03:02] | Even if it were a good idea, which it’s not, | 就算真有什么好办法 |
[03:05] | there is nothing you can do to regain control at this hour. | 你现在也没法重新掌权了 |
[03:30] | 新闻 莫桑比克发生7.2级地下地震 | |
[03:39] | We need to meet. | 我们得见个面 |
[03:40] | These fuckers can take away my ability to trade | 那帮混蛋禁止我参与交易 |
[03:43] | but not my ability to see. | 但我还有看的能力 |
[03:45] | Insightful guy like you, how you gonna turn it off? | 像你这样有洞察力的人 怎么能完全放手 |
[03:47] | I’m not. I can’t. I don’t want to. | 不能 我做不到 我也不想袖手旁观 |
[03:50] | If you can’t trade on the insights, who can? | 如果你不能利用你的洞察力 还有谁能 |
[03:53] | Only those who I have reason to trust absolutely. | 只有那些我有充分理由完全信任的人 |
[03:56] | – And that’s me. – It better be. | -就是我了 -最好不过了 |
[03:58] | Because no one can know I’m behind any of these trades. | 因为不能让任何人知道我暗中插手交易 |
[04:02] | Well, our doors wouldn’t be open if it wasn’t for your, | 如果不是你 我们做不了生意的 |
[04:06] | Let’s say goodwill. | 我们来互利互赢吧 |
[04:07] | And when we’re done, those doors are gonna open | 事成之后 你们的那些门店 |
[04:09] | on to a much bigger shop. | 就可以变成更大的商店了 |
[04:12] | Been hoping to hear from you. | 一直都期待着你的消息 |
[04:13] | I’ve been wanting to expand, | 我一直都想扩张 |
[04:15] | but I’ve never been great at the raise. | 但我不擅长筹募 |
[04:17] | That’ll no longer be a problem for Old Oaks Investments. | 对老橡树投资来说这已经不是问题了 |
[04:20] | Your money is always good here. | 你的钱总能解决问题 |
[04:21] | You can’t direct funds, so how’s this work? | 你不能直接投资 这事要怎么运作 |
[04:24] | Let’s dive the fuck in. | 来大干一场吧 |
[04:27] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会保持联络的 |
[04:35] | So, this is the way it’s done? | 这事就这么决定了吗 |
[04:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:37] | And there’s really nothing we can do but– | 我们什么也做不了 |
[04:39] | Hope the wheel of fate favors us. | 只能希望命运之轮垂青我们 |
[04:45] | Welcome to old New York, where judicial assignment’s | 欢迎来到古老的纽约 |
[04:48] | still determined by the spin of a wheel. | 法官派遣要用转轮决定的地方 |
[04:51] | Hey, it beats having Chief Judge Morgenstern | 这比摩根斯顿审判长要求 |
[04:53] | make ’em after a long night of gin at the goulash joint. | 在牌局桌上喝一宿杜松子酒强多了 |
[04:56] | Drinking or playing? | 喝酒取胜还是打牌取胜 |
[04:57] | Both. | 都要 |
[05:01] | For the United States v. Robert Axelrod… | 检方控告罗伯特阿克斯罗德一案 |
[05:08] | …Judge Leonard Funt. | 由雷昂纳德·丰特法官出庭 |
[05:14] | Do I have to say it? | 用我说出来吗 |
[05:15] | You really don’t. | 不劳您大驾了 |
[05:16] | You just got Funted. | 你们被丰特了 |
[05:24] | How bad is this? | 有多严重 |
[05:26] | Funt is a true believer in the power of a free market. | 丰特是市场自由论的忠实拥护者 |
[05:29] | Old school Libertarian. | 自由主义保守派 |
[05:31] | He’s the best friend Bobby Axelrod | 法官里面 他算是鲍比·阿克斯罗德 |
[05:33] | could have on the bench. | 最佳选择了 |
[05:34] | Well, if Connerty builds the case right, | 如果康纳蒂的路铺得对 |
[05:36] | the judge doesn’t matter. | 谁是法官不重要 |
[05:39] | Wrong. | 你错了 |
[05:41] | You need to find a way to get Funt off the case. | 你得想个办法不让丰特审这个案子 |
[05:44] | So the wheel spits out another name? | 让轮子再吐出来一个名字 |
[05:46] | No. Only one spin, | 不 就转一次 |
[05:49] | then it’s up to Chief Judge Morgenstern. | 然后就由摩根斯顿审判长来决定了 |
[05:51] | The other judges lobby him, | 让其他法官游说他 |
[05:53] | depending on if they want on or off. | 看他们是否想出庭 |
[05:54] | So you need to stunt that process. | 所以你要干扰这个过程 |
[05:57] | That is tampering twice over. | 那就是要干预两次了 |
[06:01] | No. It’s finesse. | 不 这叫策略 |
[06:04] | I don’t break promises, so our unappetizing deal holds. | 我不会食言 我们的交易照旧 |
[06:09] | But it will not expand. | 但不能更多了 |
[06:12] | Fate has dealt our hand. | 命运之牌已经发到了我们手里 |
[06:14] | Now we play it. | 好好打就是了 |
[06:25] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[06:27] | What couldn’t be talked about on the phone? | 有什么不能在电话里说的 |
[06:32] | We got judge-fucked in the Axelrod case. | 阿克斯罗德案子的法官 是我们的大麻烦 |
[06:35] | And, uh, I don’t mean “We, the people,” I mean– | 我说的不是”我们美国” 我是说 |
[06:40] | We. Our family. | 我们 我们家 |
[06:45] | – Fuck. – Yeah. | -见鬼 -是的 |
[06:49] | We need a judge who believes that the rich | 我们需要一个认为长久以来 |
[06:52] | have gotten away with too much for too long. | 有钱人逍遥法外太久的法官 |
[06:55] | And one who won’t allow Axelrod to create a distraction | 一个不会让阿克斯罗德用是我给他下了套 |
[06:59] | by alleging I set up a roach motel and lured him in. | 这样的说法来规避的法官 |
[07:01] | Axe can’t do that without essentially admitting his guilt. | 阿克斯如果不认罪是不能这样说的 |
[07:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:06] | That’s one of the things keeping me up at night. | 这也是让我彻夜难眠的事情之一 |
[07:09] | You know what I risked– what I gave up–to get him. | 你知道为了拿下他我冒了什么风险放弃了什么 |
[07:15] | What would he give to get me? | 为了拿下我他会做出什么事 |
[07:20] | Everything. | 不顾一切 |
[07:24] | Well, the judge we drew is Leonard Edward Funt. | 我们抽中的法官是雷昂纳德·爱德华·丰特 |
[07:28] | Isn’t that good news? Doesn’t he owe you– | 这不是好事吗 他不是欠你人情吗 |
[07:29] | Yes, there is a debt. | 确实有个人情债 |
[07:31] | I once did him a kindness. | 我以前帮过他的忙 |
[07:33] | But back then, during a case, | 但是之前 有个案子 |
[07:36] | I tried to allude to the favor in conference, | 我会议的时候暗示了下那个人情 |
[07:40] | and that man hammered me for even hinting at it. | 但就对这个暗示 他都敲打了我 |
[07:47] | Seemed to grow larger as he talked, | 他的说话方式越来越官僚 |
[07:49] | the way some men can when they’re not pretending | 就好像他们的尊严和荣誉不是面具 |
[07:52] | to dignity and honor but they’re actually made of the stuff. | 而是他们天生就是那样的人 |
[07:55] | You withdrew the request? | 你撤回请求了 |
[07:58] | I did. | 是的 |
[07:59] | And I fear it would be even worse today. | 恐怕现在的情况会更糟糕 |
[08:02] | See, if he wouldn’t return a favor back when it was fresh, | 如果那时他都不想尽快还了人情 |
[08:04] | why would he do so now? | 现在就更不会还了 |
[08:06] | But that’s not what happened, is it? | 但事情不是这样的吧 |
[08:08] | He didn’t actually refuse. He didn’t say no. | 他没有明确拒绝 没有说不 |
[08:11] | Not in so many words. | 没直接这么说 |
[08:12] | What he did was: spare himself the question | 他丢给你一个更难回答的问题 |
[08:14] | by putting a tougher one to you. | 这样他就能回避这个问题了 |
[08:18] | It’s about will, Chuck. | 这是决心的问题 查克 |
[08:20] | Impose your will on him | 用你的决心去逼迫他 |
[08:21] | until he does what he needs to | 直到他做好需要做的事 |
[08:23] | and repays the debt. | 还了这个人情 |
[08:27] | Why, you are a marvel. | 你还真是个英雄 |
[08:34] | Go. | 去吧 |
[08:36] | Do what you have to do. | 把该做的事情做了 |
[08:49] | I’ve recently invested nine billion of Axe Cap’s money | 我最近把90亿阿克斯资本的资金 |
[08:52] | back into the market. In phases. | 分批重新投资到了市场里 |
[08:54] | And now when it’s time for the next phase, | 现在是时候进行下一个阶段了 |
[08:56] | – another two billion– – You can’t. | -另外的20亿 -你做不到 |
[08:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:00] | There’s a velvet rope around it. So to speak. | 这么说吧 这20亿有所限制 |
[09:04] | What’s actually around it? | 什么限制 |
[09:06] | A directive from Axe that the money remain untouched. | 是阿克斯的指令 这笔钱不能动 |
[09:09] | Is he considering moving the funds | 他是在考虑转移资产 |
[09:11] | or deploying them elsewhere? | 还是调配到其他地方 |
[09:14] | Never mind. You don’t know. | 算了 你也不知道 |
[09:16] | Don’t I? | 是吗 |
[09:18] | Maybe Axe is hedging. | 也许阿克斯在对冲风险 |
[09:19] | Against the main fund? | 和主流基金对冲吗 |
[09:21] | Against you. | 和你 |
[09:37] | The two billion. | 那20亿 |
[09:39] | I told them: velvet rope. | 我跟他们说了有限制 |
[09:41] | Spoken like a man who’s still mad he never got into Xenon. | 你听着像为去不成西农公司恼羞成怒啊 |
[09:44] | I’m on it, Taylor. | 交给我 泰勒 |
[09:50] | This is clean. | 检测完了 |
[09:51] | And it does what you need, how you need. | 你的需要它都能满足 |
[09:53] | Tracks it all in real time. | 实时监测 |
[09:54] | We’ve also swept the apartment. | 我们清查过整个公寓了 |
[09:56] | There are no listening devices, no visual recording devices, | 任何监听 录像设备 |
[09:59] | no compromising devices of any kind. | 隐藏设备都没有 |
[10:01] | But guests leave eyes and ears, so we should sweep often. | 但客人可能会带进来一些 我们得时时搜查 |
[10:03] | Who are the visiters? | 一般访客都有谁 |
[10:04] | The women. | 女人们 |
[10:06] | Wand them. | 全身搜查 |
[10:07] | He will. | 他会的 |
[10:09] | So, this is the Counter Intel team, the new Halls. | 这就是反侦察团队啊 新哈尔 |
[10:14] | I don’t think they care for that. | 我不觉得他们在乎这点 |
[10:16] | Why should I trust you to do anything other than | 除了告诉我最近的牛油果吐司在哪买 |
[10:18] | point me to the nearest avocado toast? | 我还能相信你们做什么别的事吗 |
[10:20] | For whom have you worked? | 你们为谁工作过 |
[10:22] | Is this just a walk on the wild side | 这不过是一场荒野之行 |
[10:23] | to spice up the b school licences. | 给商学院的讲座内容加点料 |
[10:25] | How much you doing this for the money? | 你们做这事收了多少钱 |
[10:29] | You can answer him. | 可以回答他 |
[10:31] | In re bona fides, John built the code for | 坦白说 约翰在高中和斯坦福时 |
[10:33] | four successful startups in high school then Stanford, | 先后为四所成功的创业公司构建了代码 |
[10:35] | then was asked to travel to 71 countries for DARPA | 他被邀请到71个国家 |
[10:37] | and Other Government Agency, | 为美国国防高级研究计划局和其他政府机构办事 |
[10:38] | all which he did without complaint. | 没有收到过任何负面评价 |
[10:40] | And Timmy Dones has a military background. | 蒂米·朵恩斯有军事背景 |
[10:43] | What fucking war were you in? | 你们参与过什么战争 |
[10:45] | Mr. Hall fought the wars you’ve heard of. | 哈尔先生参与过你听说过的所有战争 |
[10:46] | I fought the ones you haven’t. | 我参与过的都是你没听说过的 |
[10:48] | As for your other questions. It’s none of your business, | 至于其他问题 都与你无关 |
[10:50] | smashed spring pea toast is the new avocado toast, | 新款牛油果吐司是碎豆吐司 |
[10:53] | and 70 percent. | 70%的抽成酬金 |
[10:57] | Are we clear to talk to Mr. Wagner going forward? | 华格那先生都清楚了吗 |
[11:00] | Discuss anything except women you care about. | 除了你在乎的女人 什么都能讨论 |
[11:06] | Yeah, so, the two billion. | 所以 那20亿 |
[11:10] | Ah, and here I was thinking you came to keep me company. | 我还以为你来是为了陪我 |
[11:13] | Look, I know you’re giving it to outside funds, | 我知道你把这笔钱交给了外面的基金 |
[11:14] | not on the surface. | 暗中交易 |
[11:16] | It’ll get routed around the world first, | 一开始是没人会知道 |
[11:18] | but then it will land in certain funds, | 但之后钱会落在某些固定基金手里 |
[11:20] | and suddenly they’ll get hot as Farrah Fawcett in ’76. | 最后像76年的法拉·佛西一样突然家喻户晓 |
[11:24] | Don’t do it. | 别这么做 |
[11:25] | One errant e-mail, one recorded call, | 只要有一封邮件 一通电话 |
[11:27] | one trade that tracks back to you– | 一件交易能够查到你头上 |
[11:29] | and it’s Hassan chop! | 那就完蛋了 |
[11:30] | We’re done. All of us. | 我们就玩完了 所有人都完了 |
[11:32] | There’s no need for it, bwana. | 没必要这么做 |
[11:34] | Satisfy your urges some other way. | 用些别的方法满足自己的冲动吧 |
[11:37] | Buy yourself something. | 给自己买点东西吧 |
[11:38] | I bought it all already. | 我什么都买好了 |
[11:40] | Probably thrown it out. | 可能都丢掉了 |
[11:41] | What about that vintage Cheetah you’ve been eyeballing? | 你一直想要的那台猎豹古董车呢 |
[11:44] | Look, this is not a message I’m born to carry. | 听着 我没有义务说这些 |
[11:46] | It goes against everything I’ve built my life on. | 这和我的生活准则背道而驰 |
[11:48] | But for you, holding back is essential right now. | 可对你来说 撤退才是现在最需要的 |
[11:53] | You’re right about hiding the money. | 把钱藏起来这事你说对了 |
[11:54] | That’s too dangerous. What if I didn’t? | 太危险了 如果我没这么做呢 |
[11:58] | I could have Taylor move it, | 我能让泰勒帮我转移 |
[11:59] | on-the-books, perfectly legal disbursements to outside shops. | 过帐 走对外的合法支出 |
[12:04] | Bobby–that’s right, I’m not calling you “Mr. President,” | 波比 没错 我可没叫你”总统先生” |
[12:07] | I’m calling you “Bobby” | 我现在要叫你波比 |
[12:07] | because I’ve never used your first name | 我从没喊过你的名字 |
[12:09] | and I want to underline how serious this moment is. | 但我想强调现在形势有多危急 |
[12:11] | You’ve called me Bobby before. | 你之前叫过我波比 |
[12:13] | Strategic mistake, | 战略性错误 |
[12:14] | but not nearly as big as the one you’re making | 但这个错误可没你现在这个大 |
[12:16] | if you ask Taylor to do this. | 如果你让泰勒这么做 |
[12:17] | They have nothing to gain by going along. | 他们从中一点好处都拿不到 |
[12:20] | They get to keep their princely fucking job. | 他们得先保住自己这份体面的工作 |
[12:22] | If you fire them, it will look like what it is. | 你要是炒了他们 事情就坐实了 |
[12:25] | And you can’t have it appear you’re illegally meddling. | 你不能让人看出你在非法干预 |
[12:27] | Especially when you’re illegally meddling. | 尤其是你正在非法干预 |
[12:30] | – My point– – I get your point. | -我的意思是 -我懂你意思 |
[12:33] | So you won’t take the two billion? | 那二十亿你不会拿走了吧 |
[12:36] | I get your point. | 我懂你意思 |
[12:37] | Let’s leave it at that. | 就这样吧 就放那吧 |
[12:43] | If it isn’t George and Edward. | 先不管乔治五世和爱德华八世 |
[12:45] | Which one of you will give up the throne for love? | 你们有谁会为爱舍弃王位吗 |
[12:48] | That seems like a stupid reason. | 这理由好蠢 |
[12:50] | You must be George. | 你肯定是乔治五世 |
[12:51] | Are you coming to our game later, Uncle Wags? | 瓦格斯叔叔 你会来看我们比赛吗 |
[12:53] | Is it official Little League? | 是全国少年棒球联赛吗 |
[12:55] | – Yeah. – Can’t. Banned for life. | -是 -去不了 终身禁赛 |
[13:01] | Well, here we are on the Axelrod case together, | 我们都在办阿克斯罗德的案子 |
[13:03] | so, you know, we got our fairy tale ending after all. | 总算要终结这个神话 |
[13:08] | You been working out? You look like you’ve been working out. | 你健身了 看起来有在练啊 |
[13:10] | There’s no good way to answer that question. | 这问题可不好回答 |
[13:12] | Is it ping pong? You back at the tables? | 是乒乓球吗 你又练上乒乓球了 |
[13:14] | Uh, can I get a lawyer? | 我能请律师吗 |
[13:23] | Excuse me, Ms. Gonzalez– | 打扰一下 冈萨雷斯小姐 |
[13:26] | Special Agent Terri McCue, FBI. | 我是联调局探员特里·麦丘 |
[13:29] | Uh, me llamo Bryan Connerty, | 我是布莱恩·康纳蒂 |
[13:32] | uh, Federal prosecutor. | 联邦检察官 |
[13:33] | He’s also second alternate at the World Table Tennis Championships. | 他也是世界乒乓球锦标赛第二候补选手 |
[13:36] | I’m really not… that good. | 我不是 那么在行 |
[13:38] | Ms. Gonzalez, we don’t care about your immigration status. | 冈萨雷斯小姐 我们不在乎你的移民情况 |
[13:41] | That’s not what we do. | 我们不负责那些 |
[13:43] | We may even be able to help you if you cooperate with us. | 你要是配合 我们也许还能帮你 |
[13:45] | We want to speak to you about your boss, Victor Mateo. | 我们想聊聊你的雇主 维克多·马特奥 |
[13:48] | Mr. Victor, he’s very good. | 维克多先生 他人很好 |
[13:50] | He and his wife, they sponsor me for the green card, | 他和他太太保荐我拿绿卡 |
[13:53] | so I don’t need help. | 我不需要什么帮助 |
[13:54] | You’re not eligible for a green card | 要是你犯过罪 |
[13:56] | if you’ve committed a crime. | 就无权拿绿卡 |
[13:58] | A crime? No. No, no, no. | 犯罪 不不不 |
[14:00] | Let’s put it up on the colortini. | 还是播放出来看吧 |
[14:07] | That couple near you snapping selfies were undercover agents. | 在你附近拍照的情侣是卧底探员 |
[14:11] | Mr. Victor made me do it. | 是维克多先生逼我干的 |
[14:13] | Did Mr. Victor give you the vial? Did he pay you? | 药瓶是维克多先生给你的吗 他付你钱了 |
[14:17] | It was someone else. A woman. | 是别人给的 一个女的 |
[14:20] | But I know that it was for him. | 但我知道是为了他 |
[14:22] | Him and his wife, son monstruos. | 他和他老婆 特别坏 |
[14:25] | One time I drop a glass licorera–Baccarat. | 有次我打碎了一个酒瓶 巴卡拉水晶的 |
[14:28] | Then Missus, she break the tail light to my car to punish. | 结果那个女的打碎我的车尾灯来惩罚我 |
[14:33] | I had to drive home afraid that I get pulled over | 我开回家的路上都在担心我被交警拦下 |
[14:36] | and sent back to Guatemala. | 再被送回危地马拉 |
[14:38] | Now I take the bus. | 现在我只能坐公交 |
[14:40] | I want to know how it worked. When and where– | 我想知道具体情形 何时何地 |
[14:42] | The way that Mr. Victor and his wife are–I can’t be late. | 维克多先生和他老婆 我不能迟到 |
[14:46] | Or do I have to tell them… | 不然我就得跟他们解释 |
[14:47] | No, no, no. Don’t… don’t say anything. | 不不不 什么也别说 |
[14:49] | After work, you’ll come to my office | 下班以后来我办公室 |
[14:53] | and give a statement. | 坦白一下 |
[14:55] | Lo prometo. | 没问题 |
[15:03] | Yeah, what is it? | 怎么了 |
[15:05] | My maid was late today. | 我家女佣今天迟到了 |
[15:07] | She’s never late. | 她从不迟到 |
[15:12] | We have a real problem. We need to meet. | 我们有麻烦了 得见一面 |
[15:21] | Group of guys who own this car. | 只有一小部分人拥有这款车 |
[15:23] | It’s a smaller club than the one that owns NBA teams, | 比NBA球队金主的人数都少 |
[15:26] | only 29 ever built. | 这款车只产过29辆 |
[15:27] | Which is exactly why I’m buying it. | 所以我才要买 |
[15:29] | Which is why I’m gonna let you outbid me. | 所以我会把这车让给你 |
[15:33] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[15:33] | Sounds like you want something. | 你好像有所求 |
[15:35] | I do. | 是 |
[15:36] | I want in on the new shit. | 我想做点新生意 |
[15:38] | You’re raising money for new ventures, count me in. | 你在给新企业筹钱 算我一个 |
[15:41] | Thanks, but I’m not looking to give up any more equity. | 谢了 但我不想再分股权出去了 |
[15:47] | You’re saying no to money? | 你是在对钞票说不吗 |
[15:49] | Look, Axe, let me answer the question you didn’t ask, | 阿克斯 我来回答你没问的问题吧 |
[15:51] | and this pains me to say… | 我真的很不想这么说 |
[15:54] | I don’t want your money. | 但我不想要你的钱 |
[15:56] | I’ve got too many eyes on me, | 盯着我的人已经够多了 |
[15:58] | and I can’t be anywhere near the shit | 任何以你为中心的漩涡 |
[15:59] | show you’re in the middle of right now. | 我都得远着点儿 |
[16:03] | Noted. | 明白了 |
[16:12] | Michael Panay. | 迈克尔·巴奈 |
[16:14] | You haven’t gone home with a car this year. | 你今年还没买过车呢 |
[16:16] | Is it the one you had your heart set on all along? | 这是你心仪已久的那辆吗 |
[16:18] | If Bill Thomas built a toaster, I’d skip work to buy that. | 如果比尔·托马斯造烤箱 我翘班也得买 |
[16:21] | But you won’t actually buy this car, will you? | 但你不会买这辆车 对吧 |
[16:24] | Because you’ve been downsizing, hoping no one would see. | 因为你在裁员 希望没人注意到 |
[16:29] | We’re not downsizing. | 我们没有裁员 |
[16:30] | I was on the other side of the Alperin trade. | 阿普林那场交易 你对手是我 |
[16:33] | I know how much you lost. | 我知道你损失了多少 |
[16:35] | I know you’re not exactly trending in the right direction, either. | 我也知道你现在的方向不对 |
[16:39] | Maybe we help each other. | 也许我们可以互相帮助 |
[16:40] | I lead the early bidding, knock out the dabblers, | 我先竞标 浅尝辄止 |
[16:42] | then you swoop in at your desired price. | 然后你趁虚而入 出个好价 |
[16:45] | What’s your number? | 你准备出多少 |
[16:46] | Mike, I’d pedal the fucking Flintstones car | 迈克 我既然要跟你联手 |
[16:49] | before I went in on this with you. | 之前一定会马足火力 |
[17:06] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[17:08] | I know my people. | 我了解我的人 |
[17:10] | She’s been approached. | 有人找过她了 |
[17:12] | I’ll handle it. | 我会处理的 |
[17:15] | You know what this means, don’t you? | 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[17:18] | They’ll be coming for the others. | 他们也会去找其他人 |
[17:28] | If that bursts into flame, | 要是那玩意着起火来 |
[17:29] | I’m denouncing you to Governor Danforth. | 我就向丹福思州长告发你 |
[17:31] | It’s a focus exercise. | 这是注意力集中训练 |
[17:34] | And Danforth is just in the play. | 丹福思只是个小角色 |
[17:36] | At the real Salem trials, the judge was William Stoughton. | 塞勒姆女巫案的法官是威廉姆·斯托顿 |
[17:39] | Careful, that sounds like something a witch would know. | 小心点 这像是女巫就该知道的事情 |
[17:42] | We’re looking good on the two billion. | 那20亿解禁了 |
[17:47] | Now that got you focused. | 这样你就能专心干事了 |
[17:50] | I’m here to break the glass. | 我来敲碎玻璃了 |
[17:54] | In case of emergency, you know? | 是遇到紧急情况时的那种玻璃 |
[17:57] | Breathe, then talk. | 深呼吸一口再讲 |
[18:00] | We’re getting hit by a tsunami. | 我们正遭受海啸袭击 |
[18:02] | Shit. Did the Fed hike– | 妈的 美联储加息了 |
[18:03] | No. Actual tsunami. In Brazil. | 不 真的海啸 地点巴西 |
[18:05] | No way. Brazil doesn’t have tsunamis. | 不可能 巴西不会有海啸 |
[18:07] | The worst they get is ressacas do mar. | 他们最坏也不过遭受下”摇摆的海浪” |
[18:10] | “Sea hangover.” | 就是大海浪 |
[18:13] | Am I the only person here who’s loved a Portuguese woman? | 在座就我一个爱过一位说葡语的女人吗 |
[18:15] | Brazil does not normally have tsunamis. | 巴西不常有海啸 |
[18:17] | Black swan event. | 偶发的黑天鹅事件 |
[18:18] | How heavy are we in Brazil? | 我们在巴西损失多惨 |
[18:19] | Jim Morrison at the end. | 像吉姆·莫里森死得那么惨 |
[18:21] | Our newly redeployed funds are affected in dozens | 我们新投入的资金都因为各种原因 |
[18:23] | of different ways, among the most notable, | 受到了严重的影响 |
[18:26] | Brazilian sugar and shipping. | 尤其是巴西糖业和船运 |
[18:27] | So we buy sugar futures. | 那我们就买糖业期货 |
[18:28] | Impending shortage means prices go up. | 即将到来的短缺会抬升价格 |
[18:30] | Everyone will do that, but sure. | 所有人都会看涨 但没错 |
[18:33] | A few of the moves I’m already making. | 我已经完成了几个操作 |
[18:35] | Shorting Brazil’s largest debt holder, | 做空巴西最大的债权持有者 |
[18:36] | buying long-dated VIX calls. Also buying solar, wind, | 买进远期VIX买权 |
[18:39] | and every alternative energy play | 同时买进太阳能 风能等 |
[18:41] | not dependent on government subsidy. | 所有不靠政府补贴的替代能源 |
[18:47] | Um, is no one worried about the people, | 没人关心民生吗 |
[18:49] | you know, in Brazil? | 那些在巴西的人 |
[18:52] | If you want to pretend you’re concerned, see Wendy. | 你想假装关心民生的话 去找温蒂 |
[18:54] | He’s not pretending, Wags. | 他没装模作样 瓦格斯 |
[18:55] | If you really care, start a walk-a-thon. | 如果你是真关心 现在开始步数募捐 |
[18:58] | Tough Mudders are the new walk-a-thons. | 坚韧泥腿子是最新的步数募捐方式 |
[19:03] | But don’t bring that shit to me. | 但别跟我来这套 |
[19:04] | Our own foundation was set up for just these situations | 我们的基金正是为这种情况设立的 |
[19:08] | as a kind of emotional and fiscal catch-all | 我们不仅接受善心和善款 |
[19:11] | for you to use as a tool for you to get | 我们同时也是一种工具 |
[19:15] | your conscience out of the way. | 用于消除你们的良心不安 |
[19:17] | I wondered why you showed at this meeting, | 我倒好奇你来开会干嘛 |
[19:19] | you fucking vulture. | 你这贪得无厌的人 |
[19:21] | What would salve my conscience and my wallet is | 如果我是巴西的庄家 |
[19:23] | if I was a fucking contractor in Brazil. | 我的良心和钱包会感到宽慰 |
[19:25] | Too bad their leading construction company’s | 糟糕的是他们的建筑巨头公司 |
[19:27] | a scandal factory. | 是个丑闻工厂 |
[19:29] | Can’t get into bed with a firm that’s had almost | 有近百位高管被控告 |
[19:30] | 100 executives indicted. | 真是让人寝食难安 |
[19:33] | Our principal has been indicted. | 我们的老大也被控告了 |
[19:37] | If it’s a money-maker, we do it. | 如果能赚大钱 我们就做 |
[19:40] | Legal trouble does not mean you can’t fulfill | 有法律麻烦并不代表 |
[19:42] | your teleological purpose. | 你不能完成自己的目标 |
[19:44] | We’re on the clock, people. | 我们时间很紧 |
[19:45] | Now’s the time to earn your paychecks. | 现在快去挣你们的工钱吧 |
[19:53] | There’s something I always wondered: | 我一直在疑惑一件事 |
[19:55] | Why aren’t you Charlie? | 为什么你不叫查理 |
[19:58] | Feels like you would have been a great Charlie. | 你本该是个伟大的查理 |
[20:00] | No, I agree. | 是啊 本来可以 |
[20:02] | Oh, Charlie Rhoades, yeah, that guy’s yer best friend. | 查理·罗兹 你最好的朋友 |
[20:03] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:05] | Sure. Call ol’ Charlie, see if he can fill in, uh, | 对 打电话给查理 看他要不要来 |
[20:09] | as a fourth for tennis or on a double date | 网球三缺一 双重约会 |
[20:11] | or just ride around smashing mailboxes. | 或者开着车碾烂路上的邮箱 |
[20:14] | Yeah. Charlie. The best. | 是啊 最棒的查理 |
[20:16] | But in our household, my father was Charles. | 但在我家 我爸只能是查尔斯 |
[20:21] | and every now and then someone, | 但时不时有人 合作伙伴 |
[20:24] | business associate, the guy who managed one of his buildings, | 管过我爸的一栋地产之类的 |
[20:27] | who would get just a little casual, | 就想叫得随意些 |
[20:29] | accidentally let a Charlie fly. | 偶然叫他一声查理 |
[20:32] | The world would stop dead. | 整个世界就陷入死寂 |
[20:36] | “Do I look like a fucking ‘Charlie’ to you?” | 你看我是随便让你叫查理的人 |
[20:42] | And that was that. | 此后再也没人敢叫 |
[20:43] | The guy would piss himself, and the day would continue. | 那人丢了脸 但生活也仍将继续 |
[20:46] | So, he was Charles, and you were Chuck. | 所以他永远是查尔斯 而你是查克 |
[20:49] | And Good Time Charlie was somewhere else | 好人查理到其他地方 |
[20:52] | out on the town having all the laughs. | 去享受所有的欢笑 |
[20:55] | Christ, man. | 天啊 兄弟 |
[20:58] | Don’t I know it. | 我难道不懂吗 |
[21:01] | And how ’bout now? | 那现在是怎么回事 |
[21:03] | You just show up in my chambers for the laughs. | 你是为了欢笑在我的书房出现 |
[21:06] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[21:11] | I am here in your chambers to put myself in your debt. | 我是来要你还人情的 |
[21:14] | In my debt. | 还人情 |
[21:15] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[21:17] | I was thinking back to our last meal together, | 我想起我们上次一起吃饭时 |
[21:21] | wherein you told me I ought never mention | 你告诉我永远不要提起 |
[21:22] | the favor I had done you again. | 我当时帮你的忙 |
[21:25] | And I promised then, | 我当时答应了 |
[21:26] | and I intend to keep that promise. | 也尽量想保住那个承诺 |
[21:28] | And so I am here to ask of you a favor, | 所以我来这儿找你帮忙 |
[21:32] | not as repayment to me but the opposite. | 不是让你还人情 而是欠你人情 |
[21:36] | Oh, this must be big. | 那这是个大事了 |
[21:39] | Judge Funt is stepping off the Axelrod case. | 丰特法官会离开阿克斯罗德的案子 |
[21:42] | No one knows. | 没人知道 |
[21:43] | And when he does, Morgenstern will make a special appointment | 当他脱手 摩根斯顿会特别任命一位 |
[21:47] | of the judge who convinces him he most wants the case. | 说服了他很想要这个案件的法官 |
[21:52] | As often as not, that’s the first judge to ask. | 像往常一样 先到先得 |
[21:56] | And you need that to be me. | 你想让我去 |
[21:58] | We’ll time it out so it will be. | 我们会计算好时机让你得到 |
[22:02] | Now, there are those that would frame this | 那些关注这个案件的人 |
[22:03] | as a favor for you, because it’s a marquee case. | 都会求你帮忙 这是重大案件 |
[22:06] | But I won’t. | 但我不会 |
[22:09] | You would be doing me a service. | 你就是做自己的事 |
[22:11] | And all you’re asking is that I be the judge, | 你就是想让我作为法官去接那个案子 |
[22:13] | not that I rule in Dake’s favor, | 别支持达克 |
[22:15] | not that I’d be slanted in any way. | 也别倾向于任何其他人 |
[22:17] | That’s right. It’s that straightforward. | 没错 这么说很直接 |
[22:19] | Win. Lose. Draw. | 或赢或输 或是平局 |
[22:20] | I want you on that bench because I know you can’t be bought. | 我让你坐那个位置是因为谁也收买不了你 |
[22:23] | You can’t be bent. You can’t be worked. | 你刚直不阿 心意坚决 |
[22:27] | Dake has a strong case. | 戴克的证据非常有力 |
[22:28] | I want it heard fairly and without prejudice. | 我想让这个案子得到公平 没有偏见的审判 |
[22:33] | And if I grant this request… | 如果我答应了你这个请求 |
[22:38] | There is nothing you can ask me | 那以后你对我有什么请求 |
[22:39] | that I’ll refuse you for the rest of our days. | 我都没有办法拒绝 |
[22:45] | If I agree, I would take those words as gospel, Chuck. | 如果我同意 我会将这些话当作承诺的 查克 |
[22:50] | And I would not be bashful to collect, | 而且如果我有什么忙要你帮时 |
[22:52] | should the need arise. | 我是不会客气的 |
[22:54] | I’d be honor bound to deliver. | 我会义无反顾地兑现承诺 |
[22:58] | That’s too small a play. It won’t save us. | 太小打小闹了 这救不了我们 |
[23:00] | Keep looking. | 继续找 |
[23:08] | Axe would be out on that floor screaming at them | 阿克斯会在他们完成任务前 |
[23:09] | like Gordon Ramsay until they delivered. | 像戈登·拉姆齐一样冲他们大吼大叫 |
[23:12] | You’re more Alton Brown. | 你更像是艾尔顿·布朗 |
[23:13] | The ideas they’re bringing… Some deployable, | 他们的这些想法 有一些可行 |
[23:16] | some useful as a benchmark of what other firms | 有些可以作为参考 |
[23:18] | will be thinking and how we need to do better, | 让我们知道怎样比其他公司做得更好 |
[23:20] | but none platonically good. | 但没有一个纯粹的好想法 |
[23:24] | Your first round of investments coinciding with your first crisis. | 你的第一轮投资和第一次危机相伴而生 |
[23:29] | That would be a lot for anybody. | 这对谁来说都不容易 |
[23:30] | Axe was already considering sidecarring two billion. | 阿克斯已经在考虑委托投资二十亿了 |
[23:35] | And you think today will make the decision for him. | 你认为今天会帮他做出决定 |
[23:39] | I am acutely aware of the way people look at me. | 我非常了解别人怎样看我 |
[23:42] | I have cultivated, through achievement and discipline, | 我一步步耕耘 靠着成绩和自制走到今天 |
[23:44] | a mystique that compensates for my lack of track record. | 这些可以弥补我的经验不足 |
[23:47] | A loss shatters that, | 一场损失就会将这毁掉 |
[23:50] | and with it the confidence of everyone who works here. | 还会毁掉在这里工作的每个人的信心 |
[23:52] | In their eyes–in Axe’s eyes– | 让我在他们和阿克斯的眼中 |
[23:54] | I become simply inexperienced. | 只剩经验不足这一点特质 |
[23:56] | I can’t let that happen. | 我不能让这种事发生 |
[23:57] | That’s why I need to get through today unscathed. | 这就是我得毫发无损地挺过今天的原因 |
[24:00] | The way you think Axe would. | 你认为阿克斯今天能毫发无损地挺过去 |
[24:04] | It’s important in your job that you face unpleasant realities. | 面对工作中令人不快的现实 这很重要 |
[24:09] | Axe Capital may lose money today, | 阿克斯资本今天可能会遭受损失 |
[24:10] | probably will. | 很有可能 |
[24:14] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[24:18] | No. | 不 |
[24:43] | Wags, I’m coming in. | 瓦格斯 我要进公司 |
[24:44] | The place is getting crushed without me. | 没有我 这个地方要被毁掉了 |
[24:51] | Can I stop you? | 我能阻止你吗 |
[24:53] | No. | 不行 |
[24:57] | You sure I can’t stop you? | 你确定我不能阻止你吗 |
[25:00] | You know that painting of Washington crossing the Delaware. | 你知道华盛顿横渡特拉华河那幅画吗 |
[25:04] | In the boat with all his troops? | 跟他的部队一起在船上 |
[25:06] | I forget what it’s called. | 我忘了它叫什么了 |
[25:07] | I think it’s called Washington Crossing The Delaware… | 就是叫《乔治·华盛顿横渡特拉华河》 |
[25:09] | – You didn’t forget. – No. | -你没忘 -是没忘 |
[25:11] | And do you know why it’s called that? | 你知道它为什么叫这个名字吗 |
[25:14] | Because at the moment that | 因为当他的部队 |
[25:15] | his troops were facing the sting of battle, | 正处于战役的紧要关头时 |
[25:17] | Washington was right there with them, | 华盛顿就跟他们站在一起 |
[25:19] | leaning into the wind. | 迎风破浪 |
[25:21] | Not back at home jerking off. | 而不是在家里胡搞 |
[25:24] | I’ll admit, Washington Crossing the Delaware would look pretty | 我得承认 《乔治·华盛顿横渡特拉华河》 |
[25:26] | fucking strange without George Washington. | 如果没有华盛顿就太他妈奇怪了 |
[25:28] | Then how can you ask me not to be with my troops right now? | 那你怎么还想阻止我跟我的部队在一起 |
[25:31] | Well, Washington was allowed to talk to his men. | 华盛顿是有权跟他的手下说话的 |
[25:33] | He was allowed to lead. | 他有权领导他们 |
[25:35] | When we walk out of this elevator, | 当我们走出这部电梯时 |
[25:36] | you’re gonna see it is quite a different situation. | 你会发现现实截然不同 |
[25:40] | But it is what’s required under your deal. | 但这就是你协议中的要求 |
[25:49] | This is Ari Spyros, | 我是阿里·斯派罗 |
[25:50] | Director of Compliance and Risk Management for Axe Capital. | 阿克斯资本的合规和风险管理总监 |
[25:53] | It’s 12:09 p.m. | 现在是12点09分 |
[25:54] | I am here with Robert Axelrod | 我跟罗伯特·阿克斯罗德在一起 |
[25:56] | and will stay with him anywhere he goes inside these walls, | 在这里我会与他寸步不离 |
[25:59] | ensuring compliance with his preclusion from the secur– | 确保他无法接触证券交… |
[26:02] | I’m looking at small sugar companies in Asia. | 我在研究亚洲的小型制糖公司 |
[26:04] | We pick one–invest in it, grow it, help it. | 我们选择一个 对它投资 帮助它成长 |
[26:08] | Not a big fan of… | 我不是很喜欢… |
[26:10] | Oh, shit. | 我去 |
[26:21] | What do you think he’d say about that? | 你觉得他对此会怎么说 |
[26:23] | Bobby Axelrod doesn’t grow mom-and-pop shops. | 波比·阿克斯罗德不会培育夫妻店 |
[26:25] | He buys ’em out, turns ’em out. | 他收购股权 彻底改造 |
[26:29] | That can’t happen with this one. | 这家公司可不能这样 |
[26:33] | Well, then it sounds like your idea doesn’t fucking work. | 那听起来你的想法狗屁不通 |
[27:18] | Oh, I don’t like nothing between me and the water. | 我不喜欢跟水之间有任何阻碍 |
[27:22] | We called first. You knew we were coming. | 我们事先打过电话 你知道我们要来 |
[27:25] | Yeah, doc says I gotta swim. | 是啊 医生说我得游泳 |
[27:29] | Right. | 行 |
[27:31] | We need to talk to you about… | 我们需要跟你谈谈… |
[27:35] | About some unexplained coincidences. | 一些无法解释的巧合 |
[27:38] | If I can sort you out… | 看我能不能帮上你们吧 |
[27:41] | In the last year, your house was paid off. | 去年 你的房贷付清了 |
[27:43] | Yeah, my wife came into some money. | 没错 我妻子得到了一些钱 |
[27:47] | And your kids, they stopped taking student loans. | 还有你的孩子们 不再接受助学贷款了 |
[27:50] | Marcie’s dorm room business, it’s really taking off. | 玛茜在宿舍做起了生意 收益还不错 |
[27:53] | I’m sorry, do you… do you want a towel, or… | 不好意思 你…需要条浴巾什么的吗 |
[27:57] | – I’m good. – You’re fair. | -我挺好 -你也就一般 |
[28:00] | So, you got sick from Ice Juice. | 所以 你因冰果汁而生病 |
[28:02] | The person behind its poisoning was Bobby Axelrod, | 这次中毒事件背后的人是波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[28:03] | the same man you tried to cooperate against. | 你与人合作想打击的人也正是他 |
[28:07] | You think he targeted me deliberately? | 你觉得他是故意针对我 |
[28:10] | Wow, that’s a long road to travel for revenge. | 那复仇的路可真长啊 |
[28:13] | But if he did it, I hope you nail him. | 但如果是他做的 我希望你们搞定他 |
[28:15] | That juice made me puke so hard I bust a lung. | 那个果汁让我吐得差点喷出一个肺 |
[28:18] | Hence the swimming. | 所以才要游泳 |
[28:24] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[28:26] | Okay. Drop by any time. | 好的 随时欢迎你们光临 |
[28:33] | Guy flashes a little brain, and you turn into Dudley Do-Right? | 他耍了个机灵 你就傻了 |
[28:36] | I thought under the circumstances | 我认为在这种情况下 |
[28:39] | I acquitted myself admirably. | 我的表现还不错 |
[28:43] | A lot of people think you can’t get a good | 很多人认为在澳大利亚之外 |
[28:44] | flat white outside of Australia. | 找不到好的馥芮白 |
[28:47] | They forget, there’s no such thing | 他们忘了 好的馥芮白 |
[28:49] | as a good store-bought flat white. | 在商店里可买不到 |
[28:51] | It’s the tongue temperature. | 重点是舌温 |
[29:03] | Oh, please, I’d love to hear more | 我还想再多听听 |
[29:04] | of your expertise on flat whites. | 你品尝馥芮白的专业建议 |
[29:07] | So I just had a fun little poolside chat | 我刚才在泳池边 |
[29:09] | with some friends who are very curious | 和一些对你非常感兴趣的朋友 |
[29:11] | about you, me, and beverages. | 进行了一场关于你我和饮料的谈话 |
[29:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:31] | Oh, shit, he’s leaving. | 坏了 他要走了 |
[29:48] | Hey, Mafee. | 玛菲 |
[29:50] | You sure a lunch break’s the thing right now? | 你确定现在是吃午饭的好时机吗 |
[29:54] | Nothing urgent that you should be getting– | 你就没什么要紧的事要处理吗 |
[29:55] | Are you testing me? | 你是在考验我吗 |
[29:57] | Like that waiter in ‘Club? | 就像《俱乐部》里的那个服务员一样吗 |
[30:01] | I’m not allowed to talk to you about this. Right | 我不能跟你谈这些的 对吗 |
[30:04] | I’m not or do you want me to, because– | 我不能还是你想让我和你谈 因为 |
[30:42] | Got any summer plans? | 暑假有什么计划吗 |
[30:43] | No. | 没有 |
[30:45] | Guess Lara and I will need to talk about it. The kids. | 看来萝拉和我要谈一谈了 孩子的时间安排 |
[30:49] | I don’t like to go far. We got a spot in Mystic. | 我不喜欢太远的地方 我们在神秘河有个点 |
[30:53] | While the family’s looking at the boats and shit, | 我家人欣赏那些船之类的东西的时候 |
[30:55] | I can play a little pai gow. | 我可以玩会儿牌九 |
[30:58] | I was planning to go back and climb Kili. | 我打算回去爬一下乞力马扎罗山 |
[31:01] | How much vacay time is it culturally appropriate to take here? | 这儿一般请多长时间假比较合适 |
[31:05] | Ah, maybe I’ll just do base camp. | 要么我就爬到登山大本营为止吧 |
[31:09] | – Korst. – Scandinavian shipping company. | -科尔斯特 -斯堪的纳维亚运输公司 |
[31:12] | While the South American companies are down for the count, | 当南美的那些公司业绩一塌糊涂的时候 |
[31:14] | these guys will have a shot at a monopoly. | 这些人有可能垄断市场 |
[31:16] | We should buy in two days. | 我们应该两天之后就买入 |
[31:17] | Four days, when it bottoms. | 四天 等跌到底再买 |
[31:18] | But this is going to help dig us out a little more. | 但这确实能帮我们收回来一些损失 |
[31:21] | Good work. | 干得不错 |
[31:27] | Will you make sure Axe knows it came from me? | 你能保证让阿克斯知道这是我的主意吗 |
[31:29] | Why would you think we’re communicating about trades? | 你为什么觉得我们会谈交易的事 |
[31:32] | What? | 什么 |
[31:33] | That would be illegal. | 那是违法的 |
[31:34] | I know. But… | 我知道 但是 |
[31:38] | What are you saying about me? | 你觉得我是什么样的人 |
[31:40] | What are you saying about the place you work? | 你觉得你工作的是什么地方 |
[31:42] | Actually, if he hates it, that would be worse. | 要是他不喜欢这个主意 那就更糟了 |
[31:44] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[31:47] | It is now 1:47 on the 9th day of… | 现在是九号的下午1点47分 |
[31:51] | – Really? – What? | -你至于吗 -怎么了 |
[31:53] | I’m sitting in my office, which I paid for, | 我坐在我花钱建的办公室里 |
[31:55] | seeing how things run without me. | 看看我不在时事情运转得怎么样 |
[31:56] | Won’t work. | 没用的 |
[31:58] | People are afraid to take chances | 你在这儿大家都不敢冒险了 |
[31:59] | with you here. To be wrong. | 不敢犯错 |
[32:00] | Or they want a slap on the ass from you. Which you can’t give. | 或者他们希望你鞭策他们 但你不能那么做 |
[32:03] | Move over, Zapruder. | 过来一下 泽普鲁德 |
[32:04] | I got this. Actually, I think this falls within my dominion, | 我没事 事实上 这是我份内的事 |
[32:06] | and the stick can be really tricky for noobs– | 而且新手不太会用自拍杆 |
[32:12] | Hmm. Guess it was tricky. | 看来是不好用 |
[32:16] | Why didn’t you anticipate the tsunami? | 你为什么没想到海啸会发生 |
[32:20] | Maybe I should have when that | 莫桑比克发生地震时 |
[32:22] | underground earthquake hit off Mozambique. | 也许我是应该想到 |
[32:25] | Strange conditions bring strange results. | 奇怪的事情会导致奇怪的结果 |
[32:29] | That’s what brought this on. | 所以才会有现在这样的结果 |
[32:30] | You knew right then but you couldn’t act. | 你当时就知道 但你不能有所行动 |
[32:34] | Maybe you would have used your experience | 也许你可以用你的经验 |
[32:35] | to think more globally. | 更全球化地思考 |
[32:37] | Maybe you would have been cautious. De-risked. | 也许你会更小心 降低风险 |
[32:39] | The mature move. | 走更成熟的一步 |
[32:40] | Is that a dig? | 恭维我呢 |
[32:42] | It’s not. | 不是 |
[32:43] | You have more experience. | 你经验更丰富 |
[32:45] | You connect points I don’t even know to look for. | 你可以把我根本不知道在哪的点连起来 |
[32:49] | I understand how hard it is to have things inside you | 我明白你了然于胸 |
[32:51] | that you can’t communicate. | 但不能说出口的痛苦 |
[32:53] | I can’t imagine how hard it must be to know how to say them | 我无法想象明知要如何表达 |
[32:56] | and still not be allowed to. | 但却不能张口的痛苦 |
[32:58] | And yet, you are not allowed to. | 但你不能张口 |
[33:01] | Have you heard me direct any trades? | 你听到我发出交易指令了吗 |
[33:03] | The people out there don’t know who they’re looking to. | 外面那些人不知道要指望谁 |
[33:05] | Since it can’t be you, it needs to be me. | 既然不能指望你 那就必须是我 |
[33:15] | If you can’t live with that, I can be the one who leaves. | 如果你不能接受 我可以走 |
[33:18] | You’ll probably make up the losses | 你应该可以追回损失 |
[33:19] | but get yourself banned for life or worse. | 但会终生被禁或者更糟 |
[33:25] | I’m leaving, | 我要走了 |
[33:27] | and I’m taking the two billion. | 而且我要带走那二十亿 |
[33:30] | I’ll send instructions shortly about what to do with it. | 我等一下会告诉你怎么做 |
[33:37] | And at 1:53 P.M., | 下午1点53分 |
[33:40] | Robert Axelrod… | 罗伯特·阿克斯罗德 |
[33:43] | has left the building. | 离开了大楼 |
[33:46] | I’m glad I caught you. | 我很高兴我追上你了 |
[33:47] | You wouldn’t have if my fucking car guy | 如果帮我取车的那个傻叉准时的话 |
[33:49] | could time his job right. | 你就追不上了 |
[33:51] | Yeah, George Washington had the same problem leaving Trenton. | 乔治·华盛顿离开特伦敦的时候也有这问题 |
[33:54] | Wags told you? | 瓦格斯跟你说了 |
[33:55] | Texted me while you were rampaging through the office. | 你在办公室横冲直撞时给我发短信了 |
[33:58] | I wasn’t rampaging. I was inspiring. | 我没有横冲直撞 我在鼓舞人心 |
[34:00] | You know Washington didn’t actually stand in the river, right? | 你知道华盛顿没有真的站在河里 对吧 |
[34:03] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[34:04] | Structurally unsound, and he’d have made himself a target. | 安排不合理 而且他会暴露自己成为目标 |
[34:07] | Yet you worry about neither. | 但你两者都不在意 |
[34:12] | It’s hard to shut it off, Wend. | 就这么放手太难了 温蒂 |
[34:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:18] | But if you can’t, you will lose the battle and the war. | 但如果你做不到 你会输了这场战役和整个战争 |
[34:25] | Do you want me to come with you? | 你想让我跟你一起吗 |
[34:27] | Stay here with Taylor. | 跟泰勒待在这儿 |
[34:29] | They need some senior officer for back up. | 他们需要高级职员做主心骨 |
[34:37] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[34:40] | Find out when Judge Funt’s court is in recess. | 丰特法官休庭的时候跟我说 |
[34:45] | A Mr. Allerd is here for you. | 阿尔罗德先生找您 |
[34:49] | I’m Karl Allerd, your new AUSA. | 我是卡尔·阿尔罗德 你的新助理检察官 |
[34:54] | I think I’d remember if I hired a new line prosecutor. | 我要是雇了个新的检察官应该不会忘 |
[34:56] | Remember when Dake said there’d be a favor to be named? | 还记得戴克说会有人情找你还吗 |
[35:03] | You’re the favor. | 你就是那件人情 |
[35:06] | You don’t trust me. | 你不信任我 |
[35:08] | Hell, I wouldn’t from your chair. | 如果我是你 我也不会 |
[35:10] | A Spy In the House Of Lords and so forth. Yes. | 上议院的间谍之类的 没错 |
[35:13] | So I’ll earn your trust. | 所以我会取得你的信任 |
[35:15] | Will you? | 是吗 |
[35:16] | I look forward to seeing that trick. | 我等着看你的手段 |
[35:17] | That’ll be a neat trick. | 那肯定不赖 |
[35:18] | Ms. Sacker, our Head of Crim, will get you situated. | 刑事主管赛克小姐会带你去安顿下来 |
[35:22] | Mm, I will. | 我带你去 |
[35:27] | Hey, I’ve been revising my idea. | 我一直在完善我的想法 |
[35:29] | There’s a division of a struggling company | 泰国一家有困难的公司分拆了部门 |
[35:30] | in Thailand, that I think– | 所以我想… |
[35:32] | Wait, is this the sugar company? | 等等 这是那个制糖公司吗 |
[35:33] | Is it, is this the same damn deal? | 这还是同一笔交易吗 |
[35:34] | No…It’s just one facet of the company | 不是 这只是我觉得这家公司 |
[35:37] | that I think could be promising to look into. | 值得调查的一个小方面 |
[35:39] | It started out as a family business, and… | 它开始是一个家庭作坊 然后… |
[35:40] | So this is– this is the same deal. | 所以这还是同一个想法 |
[35:42] | – Not really– – Kimmy, | -不是… -吉米 |
[35:43] | this piece of shit ain’t Axe Cap. | 这玩意不是阿克斯资本该关注的 |
[36:04] | What are you working on? | 你在研究什么 |
[36:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[36:12] | I want to see all Ben Kim’s search results for the day. | 我要看本·金今天所有的搜索记录 |
[36:16] | You mean, like, browser results, or… | 你是说 网页结果还是… |
[36:18] | Everything he did today. | 他今天做的所有事情 |
[36:22] | Hey, you on your way home? | 你在回家路上吗 |
[36:24] | Nope. | 不在 |
[36:25] | Chief. You got to get on your way | 头儿 你要想及时送小王子 |
[36:26] | if you want to make it in time to take | 去少年棒球联队 |
[36:28] | the princelings to Little League. | 你现在就得回家 |
[36:32] | Have Bruce take ’em. | 让布鲁斯送他们去 |
[36:34] | You got it. | 好的 |
[36:47] | He’s been home three weekends this year. | 他今年就回家住了三个周末 |
[36:49] | I’m almost positive one of them was his assistant’s mistake. | 我能肯定其中一次还是因为他助理搞错了 |
[36:52] | And he assumes I never say anything about him | 他以为我从来不会说 |
[36:54] | fucking his way through the entire New York pool. | 他一路睡遍纽约圈的事 |
[36:58] | But if you can leave Axe… | 但如果你能选择离开阿克斯 |
[37:01] | You give me courage, Lara. | 萝拉 你给了我勇气 |
[37:07] | You’re smart, Lilly. | 你很聪明 莉莉 |
[37:09] | You had a career for a second. | 你有过自己的事业 |
[37:12] | You know your shopper isn’t your friend, | 你知道你的顾客不是你朋友 |
[37:14] | personal trainer doesn’t think you’re actually making progress, | 私人教练从不真的认为你进步了 |
[37:18] | and all the charities you give money to don’t actually | 你捐钱的那些慈善机构 |
[37:21] | honor you when they honor you. | 每次感激你也不是真心感激 |
[37:23] | But on some level, you believe every bit of it. | 但某种程度上 你都相信是真的 |
[37:27] | You think the attention you receive is deserved. | 你觉得别人给你的关注都是你挣来的 |
[37:30] | But when that fades, when every relationship in your life | 但当一切褪去 当你发现每一段人际关系 |
[37:34] | reveals itself to be a trade on your husband’s net worth, | 都是为了得到你丈夫的资本净值时 |
[37:38] | you may say “Fuck false friends,” | 你也许会说”去他的假朋友” |
[37:41] | but you’ll be hiring a PR rep the first time | 但一旦你的万圣节装备没登上纽约邮报娱乐版 |
[37:43] | your Halloween costume isn’t mentioned in Page Six. | 你又会第一时间雇一个公关代表 |
[37:48] | So keep your own courage, Lilly. | 所以维持你自己的勇气 莉莉 |
[37:51] | And while you’re at it, consider keeping that husband. | 与此同时 也想想留住你丈夫 |
[37:54] | Because while he may not give you what you think you want, | 他可能没给你你自以为想要的东西 |
[37:57] | he lets you keep on being Mrs. Keith Currier Smith, | 但是他让你保持一个富太太的生活 |
[38:00] | and I’m pretty sure that’s what you need. | 我敢肯定你很需要这样的生活 |
[38:03] | Now you’re trying to decide whether | 现在你在考虑 |
[38:04] | to be pissed or grateful. | 自己是该不爽还是感激 |
[38:06] | Definitely grateful. | 我想说你应该觉得感激 |
[38:30] | I get it. | 在我这 |
[38:33] | Here you go. | 拿去 |
[38:34] | Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[38:36] | Thanks, Bruce. | 谢了 布鲁斯 |
[38:51] | We got your latest request. It’s a big lift. | 我们收到了你最新的要求 比之前的难很多 |
[38:54] | Hard transfer. | 很难转钱 |
[38:54] | International withdrawals and deposits like this | 像这样的国际提款和存款 |
[38:56] | do not get done same day. | 在一天内无法完成 |
[38:58] | So? | 所以呢 |
[38:59] | It’s not the sort of thing most clients ask for. | 大部分客人都不会这样要求 |
[39:01] | Especially not when they’re drawing heat. | 特别是在他们饱受关注时 |
[39:03] | These are my needs. | 这是我的需求 |
[39:05] | Either you meet them or you can’t. | 你们就说能不能做到吧 |
[39:09] | We can get it done. But this isn’t a reusable pipeline. | 我们能做到 但这种途径只能用一次 |
[39:12] | Fine by me. | 我没意见 |
[39:19] | She’s supposed to be here by 5:30. It’s already– | 她五点半就该到 已经… |
[39:21] | I know what time it is. Call it in. | 我知道现在几点了 打电话叫人来 |
[39:29] | I’d like to have a person of interest picked up. | 我想请你们去接一个案件相关人 |
[39:31] | Gonzalez, Maria. | 姓冈萨雷斯 名玛丽亚 |
[39:33] | No Social. | 没有社保号码 |
[39:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:36] | D.O.B. 1/22/79. | 生日是79年1月22日 |
[39:40] | You think she got cold feet? | 你觉得她是胆怯了吗 |
[39:42] | I think that’s best case. | 希望是那样 |
[39:44] | You have her already. That’s great news. Where? | 你们找到她了 很好 在哪里 |
[39:49] | Hold her. She’s mine. | 别让她离开 我来 |
[39:50] | She got picked up in an ICE sweep. | 她在移民和海关执法局扫荡时被抓了 |
[39:51] | She’s currently at the Varick Street Detention Center. | 现在在瓦里克街临时拘留所 |
[40:11] | Are you gonna bring Maria? | 你们会带玛丽亚过来吗 |
[40:13] | She’s right there. | 她就在那 |
[40:18] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[40:19] | Maria Gonzalez. | 玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯 |
[40:22] | That may be a Maria Gonzalez, | 那人可能叫玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯 |
[40:23] | but that is not our Maria Gonzalez. | 但不是我们要找的玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯 |
[40:25] | That is the wrong Maria Gonzalez. | 这个玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯不对 |
[40:27] | Do you have someone else here with that name? | 还有别的叫这个名字的吗 |
[40:32] | We did until she was put on a goodbye charter | 有过一个 不过送去纽瓦克自由机场 |
[40:34] | from Newark Liberty. | 已经被遣返了 |
[40:38] | It’s got to be some bureaucratic screw-up. | 肯定是行政上搞砸了 |
[40:41] | No, it doesn’t. | 不是 |
[40:44] | Somebody knew she was gonna be picked up | 有人在我们行动之前 |
[40:45] | before we did and got to her info. | 就知道她会被抓 还改了她的资料 |
[40:52] | This has Axe written all over it. | 一定是阿克斯的手笔 |
[41:09] | They deported the wrong Maria Gonzalez. | 他们把错误的玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯驱逐出境了 |
[41:13] | Our witness is on a plane that lands in 90 minutes. | 我们目击者上的飞机90分钟后就要着陆了 |
[41:15] | We need her met on the ground in Guatemala and returned. | 我们需要到危地马拉见她然后带她回来 |
[41:18] | There are a lot of, uh, high-level, deeply uncomfortable | 需要给高层打相当多 令人十分不快的电话 |
[41:22] | calls required to make that happen. | 才能促成这事 |
[41:24] | DOJ. DHS. State. | 司法部 国土安全部 国务院 |
[41:27] | And they all start with your boss. | 这些都要从你的头儿开始 |
[41:29] | I really don’t want to call the Attorney General about this. | 我真的不想为这事给检察长打电话 |
[41:32] | He’s publicly stated this case matters to him. | 他毕竟公开表示过自己很重视这件案子 |
[41:37] | Ollie, you’re a bit of a rara avis, aren’t you? | 小奥 你也算个奇人了是吧 |
[41:42] | You got no “hat”, no one looking out for you, | 没收过钱 也没人照应你 |
[41:44] | and yet you have risen. | 但你还是升了官 |
[41:47] | Maybe it’s because you have an immaculate record. | 或许这正是因为你没有什么污点 |
[41:50] | Some guys don’t trust immaculate record. | 有的人不相信不带污点的人 |
[41:53] | I do. I have an immaculate record. | 但我相信 因为我就不带任何污点 |
[41:56] | Thank you, General. | 感谢您 检察长 |
[41:58] | That was from a movie. | 这些是电影台词 |
[42:00] | You don’t watch movies, do you, Ollie? | 你不看电影的对吧 小奥 |
[42:02] | I re-watch The Decalogue every year. | 我每年都会重温一次《十诫》 |
[42:06] | Uh, well, I read what you sent me. | 好吧 我看了你发我的东西了 |
[42:08] | Just to make sure I have it straight: | 想确认下我都看明白了 |
[42:10] | We got the wrong Guad? | 我们找错人了 |
[42:13] | That is indeed the case. | 情况确实如此 |
[42:17] | Say it. | 说出来 |
[42:21] | We got the wrong Guad. | 我们找错人了 |
[42:24] | But Maria Gonzalez, our Maria Gonzalez, | 但玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯 我们要找的那位 |
[42:27] | is a key cooperator. | 她的合作至关重要 |
[42:29] | We need her back. | 我们需要让她回来 |
[42:30] | And since this is an extraordinary situation– | 考虑到目前情况比较特殊 |
[42:32] | Well, in one respect. | 一方面来说是这样 |
[42:34] | In another, it’s just the way things are supposed to go. | 但另一方面 这就是事情应有的走向 |
[42:37] | The right Maria Gonzalez came into this country illegally, | 玛丽亚·冈萨雷斯本人是非法入境 |
[42:40] | she stayed illegally, | 非法停留 |
[42:43] | and she committed a fraud | 还对那家倒霉的 |
[42:44] | on the stockholders of that snake-bit juice company. | 果汁公司的股东犯下了诈骗罪 |
[42:47] | She is three times illegal. | 她的非法行为有三次之多 |
[42:50] | That makes her removable, and she was removed. | 所以她这个人留不得 现在她走了 |
[42:58] | Next time… | 下一次 |
[43:00] | instead of asking me to undo your fuck-up, | 与其让我为你收拾烂摊子 |
[43:04] | maybe just see to it that the situation remains like | 不如好好确保事情发展 |
[43:07] | our holy Mother of Mercy, | 能像我们的圣母一样 |
[43:09] | blessedly un-fucked. | 完好无损 |
[43:19] | How’d that go? | 怎么样 |
[43:25] | Does Axe ever hesitate? | 阿克斯有没有犹豫过 |
[43:27] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[43:29] | I’m hesitating. Can’t pull the trigger. | 我正在犹豫 做不了决定 |
[43:31] | Markets are closed. Overseas play? | 现在休市了 海外市场吗 |
[43:34] | Ben Kim found a big opportunity in Thailand. | 本·金在泰国找到了好机会 |
[43:37] | A troubled public company with a promising sugar division. | 是一家处境困难但制糖部前景可观的上市公司 |
[43:40] | He spotted a good target | 他找到了合适的目标 |
[43:41] | but just couldn’t quite figure out how to hit it– | 但他不清楚要如何拿下 |
[43:43] | or didn’t have the courage to shoot at it. | 或是说他没勇气拿下 |
[43:46] | We need to keep working with him on that. | 我们要继续加强他这一方面 |
[43:48] | But you see the play? | 但你明白要怎么做 |
[43:50] | Yes. A PIPE. Private investment in public equity. | 是的 上市公司私募股权投资 |
[43:53] | Basically, we take ownership of a spin-off, | 简而言之 我们对其分拆的子公司进行控股 |
[43:55] | and a commission from brokering its sale. | 同时收取股票交易佣金 |
[43:57] | So, why the hesitation? | 那为什么要犹豫 |
[43:58] | It will be the single largest investment I’ve made as CIO, | 这会是我当首席投资官以来的最大单笔投资 |
[44:01] | and a type Axe Cap has never made before. | 也是阿克斯资本从未做过的投资种类 |
[44:04] | If you make this move, where do you end up for the day? | 如果你这么做 今天会是什么结果 |
[44:07] | Unscathed? | 毫发无损吗 |
[44:12] | This would lock in a loss. | 还是会有损失 |
[44:14] | Yes. The high-reward plays are all high-risk. | 没错 高收益总是伴随高风险 |
[44:19] | It’s good you can’t run it by Axe. | 你无法依靠阿克斯也好 |
[44:23] | Forces you to hear your own voice and trust it. | 迫使你聆听自己的意愿 相信自己 |
[44:29] | You’ll probably do the right thing. | 你应该会做出正确选择的 |
[44:33] | And when the day comes you get one wrong, that’ll be good, too. | 即使有一天你选错了 也不会是坏事 |
[44:36] | Because I’ll realize I’m mortal | 因为我会意识到自己是一介凡人 |
[44:37] | and it’s not so bad? | 这也不算太遭吗 |
[44:38] | Because it’ll be fucking horrible | 是因为后果会糟糕透顶 |
[44:40] | and you’ll do anything you can to avoid that feeling again. | 然后你会采取一切手段避免再次体验 |
[44:54] | Hey. | 你来了 |
[44:57] | You know what, Bobby? | 知道吗 波比 |
[45:00] | I’m gonna do you a favor: | 我打算帮你个忙 |
[45:03] | You’re off the hook. | 放你一马 |
[45:05] | If you don’t want 50-50 custody, you don’t need to have it. | 如果你不想要50%的监护权 那就随你 |
[45:08] | I can tell other people it’s 50-50, | 在别人面前我可以说是共同监护 |
[45:10] | and I can come up with something to tell the boys, too. | 我也能编一些说法来告诉儿子们 |
[45:13] | Why the fuck do you think I don’t want the kids? | 你凭什么认为我不想要孩子 |
[45:15] | You had them for one day, | 你有一天的时间陪他们 |
[45:18] | at a time when you don’t have to go to work, | 你还不用去上班 |
[45:21] | and you ditched them. | 而你却扔下了他们 |
[45:22] | You let them be airlifted into Little League. | 让他们搭飞机去参加棒球联队 |
[45:24] | I mean, it was mortifying. | 我想说 这真的很伤人 |
[45:26] | I didn’t mean to embarrass them. | 我不想让他们难堪的 |
[45:27] | They weren’t embarrassed. | 他们不觉得难堪 |
[45:30] | They didn’t know to be, which is a whole other thing. | 他们没有这个意识 虽然这也是个问题 |
[45:34] | You know, I don’t know if you need to work on your case | 我不知道你是不是要忙你的案子 |
[45:37] | or go on a trip or become a fucking cobbler, | 是不是要去旅个行 甚至是去当修鞋匠 |
[45:43] | but it doesn’t seem like you are where you need to be. | 但似乎你并没在你需要在的地方 |
[45:49] | And I’d offer to help, | 虽然我想帮你 |
[45:51] | but my help doesn’t seem to be what you want, either. | 但似乎你也不想要我的帮助 |
[46:08] | I have everything positioned and ready, | 我这边已经万事俱备 |
[46:10] | and yet… | 只不过 |
[46:13] | Judge Funt still has the case on his docket. | 这件案子还记在丰特法官的诉讼事件表上 |
[46:15] | My bag is packed, but I can’t seem to walk out the door. | 我的包已经装好 但我却好像走不出这扇门 |
[46:19] | If I fail at this, everything is dashed. | 如果我这次失败了 一切就都成了泡影 |
[46:25] | For then I will have ruined myself in his eyes | 因为我会毁了自己在他心中的形象 |
[46:29] | and exposed my position. | 同时也会暴露我的立场 |
[46:33] | Only a fool doesn’t look at the downside. | 只有傻子才会无视不利因素 |
[46:37] | But only a coward allows it to dissuade him | 但也只有懦夫才会让不利因素 |
[46:39] | from that which he knows he must do. | 左右自己必做之事的决心 |
[46:43] | I know you’re not a coward. | 我知道你并不是懦夫 |
[46:45] | I don’t like the sound of that word coming out of your mouth. | 我不喜欢听你嘴里说出这个词 |
[46:49] | Neither do I. | 我也不喜欢 |
[46:51] | I’ll see you at home. After. | 我会在家等你 完事之后 |
[47:03] | Chuck? | 查克 |
[47:07] | No one takes this shortcut anymore. | 都没人会走这条近路了 |
[47:10] | This isn’t your courthouse. | 你的法庭不在这里 |
[47:13] | Are you lost? | 你迷路了吗 |
[47:15] | Oh, right where I need to be, Judge Funt, | 这里正是我要去的地方 丰特法官 |
[47:19] | which is, unfortunately, in your way. | 不幸的是 正好挡了你的路 |
[47:25] | The Axelrod case. | 阿克斯罗德的案子 |
[47:28] | You had to know a day like this would come. | 你知道这一天迟早会来的 |
[47:32] | I never asked you… | 我从没拜托过你… |
[47:33] | You didn’t have to. | 你不用开口 |
[47:38] | Your son’s doing well, I hope, | 我想令郎现在应该挺好 |
[47:41] | made the most of his medical career. | 尽力拓展他的医学事业 |
[47:45] | Yeah, he’s a good doctor. | 他是个好医生 |
[47:47] | That’s what I wanted for him. | 我当初就希望如此 |
[47:54] | some other med student would have. | 其他医学生也会卖的 |
[47:57] | I won’t let you dictate my rulings. | 我不会让你左右我的审判 |
[48:01] | The bench cannot be tainted by personal debts. | 法官的位置不能被人情债污染 |
[48:06] | Name another favor. | 你可以找我办别的事 |
[48:08] | I know that this is the biggest case that you’ve ever drawn. | 我知道这是你有史以来最大的案子 |
[48:11] | Well, that’s something that you would think about in my shoes, | 如果是你来审判 你大概会考虑这些 |
[48:14] | but I don’t. | 但我不回 |
[48:17] | No, you wouldn’t. | 对 你不会这么考虑 |
[48:20] | And you wouldn’t hide in a hallway | 你也不会躲在走廊里 |
[48:22] | waiting to pounce when I walked by. | 等我走过时突然袭击 |
[48:27] | But I am not the man you are. | 但我不是你 |
[48:36] | You’re not here to ask me to shade my rulings. | 你不是来让左右我的审判的 |
[48:40] | You’re here to ask me to step off it. | 你是来让我退出这宗案子的 |
[48:42] | It’s a hard laydown. And I’m asking you to lay it down. | 这件案子着实难放下 而我就是来请你放下 |
[48:49] | Ask yourself | 问问你自己 |
[48:51] | who you really are, Chuck. | 你究竟是谁 查克 |
[48:54] | Are you the man that’s reduced to collecting debts of the soul | 你难道已经堕落到要讨灵魂之债的地步了吗 |
[48:59] | like– like old Mr. Scratch? | 像斯克拉奇先生那样 |
[49:01] | Well, as with all stories about that being, | 就像所有说魔鬼的故事一样 |
[49:03] | the debt is due, even if, especially if, | 欠债必还 即便 尤其是即便 |
[49:07] | it is not fair or even right to collect it. | 他来讨要的东西并不公平 甚至毫不正确 |
[49:14] | Believe me, my…my insides hurt making this request. | 相信我 提出这样的要求 我内心非常痛苦 |
[49:18] | Oh, I don’t believe that even a little. | 我一点也不信 |
[49:21] | You like your insides just as they are. | 你非常喜欢你的内心 |
[49:23] | You want to be right here, making these moves. | 你需要在这里 做出这些部署 |
[49:26] | You need that feeling in your stomach to know you’re alive. | 你需要这些带来的感受 好知道自己真正活着 |
[49:34] | I really think I am sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[49:37] | Fuck you, Chuck! | 操你妈 查克 |
[49:45] | I’ll recuse myself. | 我会回避 |
[49:50] | My tab is clear. | 我的债已还清 |
[50:10] | May I? | 有空吗 |
[50:11] | Do you want me to call the Secretary of the Treasury | 你想让我给检察长打电话 |
[50:13] | and ask for a personal loan? | 申请一份个人贷款吗 |
[50:17] | I just heard DeGiulio is the new judge on the Axelrod case. | 我刚听说阿克斯罗德案的新法官是德贵利奥 |
[50:21] | Not our dream judge, but fair-minded, | 不是我们最理想的人选 但十分公正 |
[50:23] | likely to hew closely to the law, rule narrowly. | 很可能依律例宣判 偏差不大 |
[50:30] | Well, then, | 那么 |
[50:31] | I guess it’s a gift. | 看来是天赐礼物了 |
[50:34] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[50:36] | I know his fingerprints. | 我了解他的做事风格 |
[50:41] | Are you gonna do something about this? | 你不打算做些什么吗 |
[50:43] | I’m not in the habit of rejecting gifts. | 我没有拒绝礼物的习惯 |
[50:50] | Do you know about White Day in Japan? | 你知道日本的白色情人节吗 |
[50:53] | Over there on Valentine’s Day, | 在日本的情人节 |
[50:55] | women buy presents for their salarymen bosses, | 女性会给他们的上司买礼物 |
[50:58] | and those presents are displayed for all to see, | 这些礼物是为了展示给大家看的 |
[51:00] | so the most important thing is the size. | 所以最重要的就是尺寸要大 |
[51:02] | That’s how others know that the recipient is valued. | 这样别人才知道收礼物的人受到了尊敬 |
[51:06] | A month later, on White Day, | 一个月后 到了白色情人节 |
[51:08] | the men give a return gift of two to three times the value. | 男士要回一份价值两到三倍的礼物 |
[51:12] | So if there’s a salaryman you don’t respect, | 所以如果你不尊敬那个上司 |
[51:16] | you get him something small but expensive. | 你就给他买小而贵的礼物 |
[51:25] | Chuck just gave you diamond cufflinks, | 查克刚刚送了你一对钻石袖扣 |
[51:28] | and when White Day comes, you’re gonna have to give him | 等白色情人节到了 你就要还他 |
[51:31] | something that costs a lot more. | 价值高很多的东西 |
[52:03] | I didn’t like you kicking me out. | 我不喜欢你把我赶出去 |
[52:06] | I apologize if I was rude. | 如果我表现粗鲁 我要道歉 |
[52:08] | I don’t give a fuck about rude. | 我才不在乎态度粗不粗鲁 |
[52:10] | It showed you were distracted. | 赶走我说明你分心了 |
[52:14] | How did we do today? | 我们今天结果如何 |
[52:15] | Just executed a huge PIPE. | 刚执行了一笔巨额上市公司私募股权投资 |
[52:17] | We’re going to arb a Southeast Asian sugar company. | 我们要用一家东南亚制糖公司套利 |
[52:19] | Fun. | 有意思 |
[52:20] | If all my projections hold, | 如果我的预测成立不变 |
[52:22] | we’re still down five percent overall. | 我们总体还是会低五个百分点 |
[52:25] | Anyone else would have lost 12 | 换做其他人可能会低十二个点 |
[52:27] | or done something stupid to get even. | 或者为了打平做了蠢事 |
[52:29] | Booking the loss was the only way. | 无论如何都会有损失 |
[52:34] | I’m not pulling the two billion. | 我不带走那二十亿了 |
[52:38] | It’s yours to invest. | 交给你投资 |
[52:42] | I really thought you didn’t trust me. | 我真的以为你不信任我 |
[52:43] | That’s why you were in the office | 所以你才回到办公司 |
[52:44] | looking over everyone’s shoulder. | 看每个人都在做什么 |
[52:46] | I was in the office, because as of now, | 我会回办公室 是因为直到现在 |
[52:50] | I don’t know what else to do with myself. | 我都不知道我还能做什么事 |
[52:55] | And… | 而且 |
[52:58] | as much as I can trust anyone | 要我把我的名声和钱 |
[53:00] | with my name and my money… | 交给一个人的话 |
[53:04] | I trust you. | 我最信任你 |
[53:06] | I am irrelevant. | 我于此无关 |
[53:07] | You want the money because you want the stake, the control. | 你想拿走那笔钱是因为你想要权力 要掌控感 |
[53:10] | You need the game to remember who you are. | 你需要投入市场才能知道你是谁 |
[53:14] | I’ve decided how I’m going to invest that two billion. | 我已经想好要如何投资那二十亿了 |
[53:17] | I’m going to diversify, invest in outside funds. | 我会分散化投入外部基金 |
[53:22] | I’ll hear pitches, among them your hand-picked favorites. | 我会听人推荐 包括你喜欢的选择 |
[53:25] | And after I give them the money, | 等我将钱给了他们 |
[53:27] | I’m going to be a passive investor. | 我会转为被动投资 |
[53:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[53:39] | You’re not doing this ’cause I need it. | 你这么做不是为了满足我的需要 |
[53:41] | You need it. | 是你的需要 |
[53:45] | You’re giving me a place to play so I stay off your field. | 你给了我一片球场 好让我不要打扰你 |
[53:49] | And you want the benefit of my moves on our bottom line | 而你希望我的行动能给公司带来利润 |
[53:52] | in case there’s another disaster. | 以防又有一次重大灾难 |
[53:57] | I’m your hedge. | 你拿我做了对冲 |