时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | The only enemy more dangerous | 只有一种敌人 |
[00:09] | than a man with unlimited resources… | 比手握无限资源的敌人更危险 |
[00:12] | is one with nothing to lose. | 那就是一个一无所有的人 |
[00:14] | And that is what you are looking at | 而这个人就站在 |
[00:17] | right here. | 你面前 |
[00:19] | This is for you… | 这是给你的 |
[00:21] | Look at them. With that morning-after glow. | 看看他们 脸上带着事后的光彩 |
[00:25] | This is what your wife is out doing. | 这就是你妻子在外面做的好事 |
[00:27] | You see things differently. | 你看问题眼光独到 |
[00:29] | That’s an edge. Congratulations. | 那是一种优势 恭喜 |
[00:31] | All the analysts now answer to you. | 所有分析师现在起都听命于你了 |
[00:33] | We’ve long suspected criminal activity at Axe Capital. | 我们早就怀疑阿克斯资本存在犯罪活动 |
[00:36] | Do you know how to do this? | 我知道要怎么做出他想要的东西了 |
[00:37] | Some parts of the job are pretty intuitive. | 工作上某些时候全靠直觉 |
[00:40] | Is there any law enforcement here? | 这边有执法人员吗 |
[00:42] | No. | 没有 |
[00:43] | You let me know if any show up. | 有人来的话告诉我 |
[00:46] | You should name a C.I.O. | 你应该任命一名首席投资官 |
[00:48] | I’ll do it. | 我就当 |
[00:49] | But I’m not running with you. | 但是我不会和你逃跑的 |
[00:50] | And neither are the kids. | 孩子们也不会 |
[00:52] | So, you do what you got to do, but we’re staying. | 所以 你做你需要做的事情 但我们要留在这里 |
[00:55] | Black Jack Foley. | 黑杰克·富利 |
[00:57] | How are you, Charles? | 你好吗 查尔斯 |
[00:58] | I’ll be better if you help me out with a little something. | 如果你能帮我个小忙 我就会更好了 |
[01:00] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[01:02] | Will you make me governor? | 你会让我当上州长吗 |
[01:06] | The Ice Juice IPO never tracks back to my family, | 冰果汁的上市不要追查到我的家人 |
[01:09] | to my father’s investment. | 追查到我父亲的投资 |
[01:11] | Get out of the stock, Chuck. They’re gonna crush you. | 查克 尽你可能卖掉 他们会毁了你的 |
[01:13] | Wow, I’m glad to see you view me as so defenseless. | 看到你认为我是如此无力防备真让我”高兴” |
[01:15] | The Ice Juice short, how do I get a piece of that? | 做空冰果汁这事 我怎样才能有份 |
[01:18] | Ice Juice never made anyone sick. | 冰果汁绝对不会让人生病 |
[01:20] | You baited him? | 你给他下了套 |
[01:21] | You used my company, my career, my future… | 你利用了我的公司 我的事业 我的未来 |
[01:25] | Where do you get the fucking nerve?! | 你哪来的胆子 |
[01:28] | I am done with you. | 我跟你没什么好说的了 |
[01:30] | You’ve been named interim U.S. Attorney | 你被任命为东区的 |
[01:31] | for the Eastern District. | 临时联邦检察官 |
[01:33] | You didn’t think this shit happened by accident, | 你不会以为这件事是碰巧发生的吧 |
[01:35] | did you, Mr. Dake? | 戴克先生 |
[01:36] | I’ve arranged that you’ll lead the prosecution at Eastern. | 我已经安排你去东区主导诉讼 |
[01:38] | Tell Sacker I’m gonna make her Chief of Crim. | 告诉塞克我要任命她为刑事主管 |
[01:42] | I’m gonna find it. | 我会找到的 |
[01:43] | Whatever thread you left behind. | 不论你留下了什么蛛丝马迹 |
[01:46] | And I am gonna pull on it | 我还会把它连根拔起 |
[01:47] | until your whole fucking world unravels. | 直到你的世界瓦解 |
[01:50] | I might go down behind all of this, | 我可能因此而下台 |
[01:52] | but you are gonna be right there next to me. | 但你会是我的狱友 |
[01:57] | Worth it. | 值了 |
[02:58] | West Texas. | 德克萨斯州西部 |
[03:00] | My family bred ’em, American quarterhorses. | 我家养马 美式夸特马 |
[03:03] | Those babies fetch quite the price, | 小马驹的价钱特别高 |
[03:05] | so we were real gentle with the product. | 所以我们对它们特别好 |
[03:07] | We used teasers. | 我们会用诱饵 |
[03:09] | Those are stallions you put into the stall | 就是那种一开始你放进马厩里的公马 |
[03:11] | with the sole purpose of making sure the mare’s in heat, | 目的仅仅是确保母马发情 |
[03:14] | primed for breeding. | 做好繁殖的准备 |
[03:15] | Now, a teaser, he doesn’t get to do any fucking. | 这个诱饵不会实际去交配 |
[03:17] | He’s just there to get the mare ready. | 只要在那让母马发情就行了 |
[03:20] | Take her kicks. | 让母马踢两脚 |
[03:21] | Try to mount, take some more kicks. | 往背上爬一爬 再被踢两脚 |
[03:24] | By God, that teaser, | 就算那个诱饵 |
[03:25] | he’s got a rager going on the whole dang time. | 在这个讨厌的过程中恼火起来 |
[03:29] | But that doesn’t matter. | 那又有什么关系 |
[03:31] | As soon as that dam is ready, | 只要母马准备好了 |
[03:32] | we yank that teaser out of there, lead the real stud in, | 我们就把诱饵往外一拉 把真的种马放进去 |
[03:35] | and he gets to do all the fucking. | 让他去完成交配 |
[03:38] | Teaser has to make do with some mangy hay and a bucket of oats. | 诱饵就只有脏脏的干草和一桶燕麦 |
[03:42] | Brutal. | 真残忍 |
[03:43] | Yeah, nature often is. | 是的 自然经常如此 |
[03:47] | Right now, you’re that teaser, aren’t you, | 眼下 你就是那个诱饵 不是吗 |
[03:50] | with Dake prosecuting Axelrod? | 戴克起诉阿克斯罗德 |
[03:52] | He’s getting all the credit | 抓了人 |
[03:53] | for putting the cuffs on him and freezing his assets. | 再加上冻结资产 功劳都是他一个人的 |
[03:56] | Dake is fucking Axelrod right now in front of everybody, | 现在戴克在所有人面前把阿克斯罗德骑在身下 |
[04:00] | and you, you’re back in the barn, | 而你 就在后面的马棚里 |
[04:02] | nursing your rager with a bucket of oats. | 用一桶燕麦来解决你的恼火 |
[04:06] | Well, as long as justice is served, | 只要正义得到了伸张 |
[04:08] | credit doesn’t matter at all, General. | 功劳是谁的无所谓 检察长 |
[04:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:13] | Why don’t you tell me how it really makes you feel | 你跟我说实话吧 看着戴克大权在握 |
[04:16] | to see Dake with the lariat in his grip? | 你心里的真实感受 |
[04:22] | You’d like to tear that case from him with your bare hands | 你想徒手把案子从他手中抢下来 |
[04:25] | and leave him crying in the gutter. | 让他在困境中痛哭流涕 |
[04:30] | You got some wolf in you, | 你真够骁勇的 |
[04:32] | which is why you’re not getting fired. | 这也是你不会被开除的原因 |
[04:35] | Not quite yet, anyway. | 至少现在不会 |
[04:36] | No, sir, you are among the blessed few. | 是的 你是少数走运的人之一 |
[04:39] | It’s end times for most of your brethren, | 你的大多数弟兄们都玩完了 |
[04:41] | but you have not been raptured yet. | 但你还没被逮住 |
[04:44] | I’ve only kept on seven U.S. Attorneys | 自从总统开恩 |
[04:45] | since the president was good enough to appoint me | 任命我当美利坚合众国的检察长 |
[04:47] | Attorney General of these United States. | 我就只保留了七个联邦检察官编制 |
[04:50] | I just wanted to make sure our agendas are aligned | 我只是想确保当遇到你几个月前提到的正义时 |
[04:53] | when it comes to that justice you spoke of moments ago. | 我们能够按规矩办事 |
[04:56] | These high-profile cases you and your people have working? | 你和你的手下一直忙活的这些引人注意的案子 |
[05:01] | Heap of Wall Street-related matters. | 都是跟华尔街相关的事 |
[05:03] | Well, the markets are within my purview. | 金融市场就在我的管辖范围内 |
[05:05] | Well, that may be, | 也许吧 |
[05:06] | but I come from baseball country. | 但是我是棒球之乡的人 |
[05:08] | We learn at an early age | 我们从小就知道 |
[05:10] | that a tie goes to the runner. | 平局之下就看跑垒的了 |
[05:12] | And that is how I want you to think of our business community | 这就是我从现在起 想让你看待商业界 |
[05:14] | and its leaders from now on. | 及其领头羊的方式 |
[05:17] | Now, look, if there’s a clear crime, | 听着 如果犯罪证据确凿 |
[05:18] | then, by all means, you go after it. | 那么无论如何 你都要追查到底 |
[05:20] | But if it’s a bang-bang play, don’t call a man out on a win. | 如果胜算不大 就别派人出去瞎折腾 |
[05:24] | Just let that rally continue. | 继续比赛就行了 |
[05:27] | I thought you come from horse country. | 我记得你是马乡的 |
[05:33] | West Texas contains multitudes, Chuck. | 德克萨斯州西部很多元 查克 |
[05:37] | Prioritize the cases that make sense. | 先做那些有意义的案子 |
[05:40] | You know what to do with the rest. | 剩下的的该怎么办你心里清楚 |
[05:43] | They’re marked so there’s no confusion. | 都已经标记好了 也没什么好困惑的了 |
[05:47] | Come on, let’s schottische on into this ballroom. | 好了 我们踱着舞步去宴会厅 |
[05:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:15] | First order of business. | 第一项任务 |
[07:16] | There’s going to be an idea dinner night after tomorrow. | 后天晚上有一个点子晚宴 |
[07:19] | – Platinum invite list– – Fuck. Fuck that. | -白金级邀请名单… -见鬼 |
[07:21] | Fuck having this meeting without Axe here. | 阿克斯都他妈不来开会 |
[07:23] | Fuck all of this. | 让这一切见鬼去吧 |
[07:24] | – Easy, “Dollar” Bill. – Nothing about this is easy. | -冷静点 美元大亨比尔 -没法冷静 |
[07:26] | I’ve been humping my ass into the city, | 我急急忙忙赶回这个城市 |
[07:28] | hour and a half in traffic, into this swanky Manhattan office, | 花了一个半小时才进到奢华的曼哈顿办公室 |
[07:31] | and you haven’t called a single meeting | 就连政府冻结所有资产 |
[07:32] | because the government’s frozen all the assets. | 你们都没说召集开个会 |
[07:35] | So when you called this meeting, | 今天早晨你们要开会 |
[07:36] | I assumed that meant it was go-time | 我还以为他们终于解冻资产 |
[07:38] | and they’ve finally been unfrozen. | 可以开工了 |
[07:39] | Not yet. Still frozen like Otzi in the goddamn Alps. | 还不行 还冻得跟阿尔卑斯山上的奥兹似的 |
[07:43] | That’s the Frozen Man, right? | 就是那个冰人 对吗 |
[07:48] | I need those funds to flow | 我需要那些基金 |
[07:50] | like the Kancamangus Rapids. | 像坎卡曼哥斯高速一样流动起来 |
[07:52] | I’m ready to rock and roll on full auto | 我已经做好准备 |
[07:54] | right the fuck now. | 高速开工了 |
[07:59] | Where the hell is Axe? | 阿克斯到底在哪 |
[08:08] | I’m over here! | 我在这 |
[08:26] | Cool bachelor pad…bro. | 单身公寓挺不错 哥们 |
[08:31] | I wasn’t gonna stay in Westport. | 我没打算待在韦斯特波特 |
[08:35] | Guys like you head to the city | 像你这样的男人婚姻破裂的时候 |
[08:36] | when their marriages fall apart | 会搬到城市里 |
[08:37] | for the same reason birds fly south | 跟小鸟怕把屁股冻掉了 |
[08:40] | instead of freezing their asses off. | 往南飞是一个道理 |
[08:42] | It’s in the genetic code. | 天性使然 |
[08:45] | You’re the first person to see the place. | 除了孩子们以外 |
[08:48] | Other than the kids. | 你是第一个见到这里的人 |
[08:49] | What do they think? | 他们觉得怎么样 |
[08:51] | It’s stocked with video games and snacks. | 装满了电子游戏和零食 |
[08:54] | They seem fine. | 他们看着还行 |
[08:56] | How about you? | 那你呢 |
[09:00] | Did you just change out of the pajamas three minutes ago? | 你是不是三分钟前刚换下睡衣 |
[09:04] | Are you planning to come to the office anytime soon? | 你近期会回办公室吗 |
[09:06] | Yeah, once my assets are unfrozen. | 是的 只等我的资产解冻 |
[09:08] | Should everyone else go home, too? | 其他人是不是也应该回家 |
[09:10] | Not if they want to stay on the payroll. | 如果他们想继续拿工资就不能回 |
[09:13] | That’s inspiring stuff. | 这可真鼓舞人心 |
[09:16] | Must be what Kennedy said to his staff | 在古巴导弹危机时 |
[09:17] | during the Cuban missile crisis. | 肯尼迪肯定也是这么对他手下说的 |
[09:19] | Kennedy wasn’t under as much pressure as I am. | 肯尼迪当时的压力没我现在大 |
[09:24] | I tell you, Bobby, it’s times like these I… | 我跟你说 波比 在这种时候… |
[09:27] | I wish you hadn’t fired Dr. Gus. | 我希望你没有炒掉格斯博士 |
[09:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:31] | Because this… | 因为这… |
[09:34] | is a fuckin’ disaster. | 他妈是一场灾难 |
[09:39] | I get it! I get it. | 我知道 我知道 |
[09:41] | You’re worried that every day you’re on the sidelines | 你们在担心自己每天都在局外 |
[09:43] | makes it harder for you to make your numbers for the year. | 让你们更难达成自己的年度目标 |
[09:46] | Not harder. Impossible. | 不是更难 而是不可能 |
[09:48] | – Right? – Well, know this. | -对吗 -听着吧 |
[09:51] | 《壮志凌云》中 低于训练强制高度表示飞机已触地坠毁 | |
[09:51] | You won’t fall below the hard deck. | 你们不会落到强制线下 |
[09:53] | No one is crashing and burning. | 没人会毁灭 |
[09:55] | If you come through for me now, you will all make a bonus | 如果你们现在让我安全过渡 |
[09:57] | of at least what you made last year. | 你们都会得到至少跟去年一样的奖金 |
[10:05] | But first, you need to deliver on today’s mission. | 但首先 你们要完成今天的任务 |
[10:09] | The idea dinner. | 点子晚宴 |
[10:10] | Top-ten hedge-fund managers in the city will be there. | 城里的十大对冲基金经理都会到场 |
[10:14] | These rat fucks | 这些臭老鼠 |
[10:15] | are how these billionaires measure themselves. | 就是这些亿万富翁对自己的评价 |
[10:17] | Even being in the room confers upon you | 即使只是身处这个晚宴 |
[10:19] | almost mythical status, | 都会让人有一种神秘感 |
[10:21] | like you’re a knight of the Round Table. | 就好像你是一位圆桌骑士一样 |
[10:22] | – They ride in on horses? – Maybachs. | -他们骑着马过来吗 -坐着迈巴赫跑车来 |
[10:25] | I’ve heard Axe say he’d never go to one of these hog shows. | 我听阿克斯说过他永远不会参加这种蠢猪秀 |
[10:27] | Yeah, that he couldn’t understand why anybody | 没错 他无法理解为什么会有人 |
[10:29] | would want to sit with his rivals and give away good plays. | 愿意跟对手们坐下来分享好点子 |
[10:31] | The whys and goddamned wherefores | 那些因因果果可不是 |
[10:33] | are not for you to concern your pretty little heads with. | 你们这些漂亮的小脑袋瓜需要操心的 |
[10:35] | I think it’s great that we’re invited, considering. | 我觉得我们能够获邀是件好事 |
[10:38] | We’re kind of the most toxic shop on the street right now. | 目前我们可能是业内最毒的公司了 |
[10:41] | They begged him to come, sent emissaries, gifts, | 他们派出特使 礼物 乞求他能来 |
[10:43] | all to ensure he’d be there to share his insights. | 都是为了保证他能到场分享看法 |
[10:46] | I’m so radioactive right now, | 我现在太有毒性了 |
[10:48] | I had to beg an invite to this idea dinner. | 参加点子晚宴都得求着他们 |
[10:50] | I need to understand why you’d do that. | 我得明白你为什么会那样做 |
[10:53] | Why do you think it matters? | 你为什么觉得那很重要 |
[10:54] | Look at where I am. | 看看我现在的处境吧 |
[10:55] | Indicted, thanks to your husband. | 被起诉了 都是因为你丈夫 |
[10:58] | Thanks to you giving in to the worst of your instincts. | 还因为你屈服于自己最糟的直觉 |
[11:01] | Well, yeah, maybe that, too. | 是啊 可能也因为那个 |
[11:03] | But the point is I’m about to stand trial. | 但重点是我就要上庭受审了 |
[11:06] | If I win, I want a company to return to. | 如果我赢了 我想要有公司可回 |
[11:09] | The government, by freezing my funds, | 通过冻结我的资金 |
[11:11] | is trying to tell the story that we’re crooked. | 政府想要表明我们是骗子 |
[11:14] | They know we’re not. | 他们知道我们不是 |
[11:15] | They know they spent years trying and failing to prove it, | 他们知道自己多年来试图证明这一点 但又无法得逞 |
[11:19] | but the story is being written | 但这样的故事 |
[11:20] | every day now. | 现在每天都在书写 |
[11:22] | So events like this idea dinner, | 所以像点子晚宴这样的活动 |
[11:24] | they also tell a story. | 也会讲故事 |
[11:25] | So if I’m there, I’m telling the story | 所以如果我参加了 我会说 |
[11:27] | that I’m not cowering, I’m not hiding, | 我没有畏缩 没有躲藏 |
[11:29] | I’m not defeated. | 我没有被打败 |
[11:30] | But I can’t just show up. I have to dominate it. | 但我不能只是到场 我必须主导这个晚宴 |
[11:33] | The only thing is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[11:35] | for the first time in my life, | 我平生第一次感觉到 |
[11:39] | I don’t think I can. | 我做不到 |
[11:43] | Fear? | 因为恐惧 |
[11:45] | Rage. | 是愤怒 |
[11:47] | We need to arm him with an idea that will shock and awe | 我们需要给他想个让人震惊和敬畏的点子 |
[11:50] | so the dinner ends with Axe’s idea | 好让晚宴结束后 阿克斯的想法能 |
[11:52] | e-mailed and texted from firm to firm, | 通过邮件和短信在各个公司间传播 |
[11:53] | leaving no doubt we are still the sharpest. | 使得无人能质疑 我们仍然是最厉害的 |
[11:56] | So go generate some speedballs he can dazzle with | 那就去好好想想能让他闪光的点子吧 |
[11:59] | or go the fuck home for good. | 不然都他妈的滚回家养老吧 |
[12:09] | You’re not authorized to guarantee bonuses. | 你没有承诺奖金的权力 |
[12:12] | Your ego just wrote a check your body can’t cash. | 你的自负刚刚开出了一张你自身无法兑现的支票 |
[12:15] | I appreciate you waiting until after the meeting | 我很感谢你能等到会议结束之后 |
[12:17] | to hit me with that one. | 才用这个打击我 |
[12:18] | I know holding back doesn’t come naturally. | 我知道退缩不是你的习惯 |
[12:20] | Well, I was so shocked you could quote “Top Gun,” | 你能引用《壮志凌云》我很惊讶 |
[12:22] | it took me a second to respond. | 我用了一秒钟才反应过来 |
[12:23] | I figure speaking their language is part of the job now. | 我想说行话现在是工作的一部分 |
[12:26] | But none of this is going to matter | 但这些都不再重要了 |
[12:27] | unless Axe gets us back in the game. | 除非阿克斯让我们把这个游戏继续玩下去 |
[12:30] | I have our best man working on it right now. | 我们最棒的人不是正在处理此事吗 |
[12:33] | I want to run a Dickens process. | 我想来一次狄更斯过程 |
[12:35] | Tony Robbins took me through it a few years back, so… | 托尼·罗宾斯数年前带过我一次 所以… |
[12:37] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[12:44] | I take you to specific moments in your life, | 我带你去生命中一些特别的时刻 |
[12:46] | use them to jump into the future. | 用它们来跳到未来 |
[12:47] | You get to experience different possible versions | 你得经历你人生中 |
[12:50] | of your life, like in– | 可能的不同版本 就像… |
[12:51] | 《圣诞颂歌》 狄更斯作品 书中有往事重现的情节 | |
[12:51] | Like “A Christmas Carol,” Hence, Dickens. | 就像《圣诞颂歌》 所以才叫狄更斯过程 |
[12:55] | Let’s find a moment early on | 我们找一个不久前 |
[12:57] | when your rage served you. | 愤怒为你所用的时刻吧 |
[12:59] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[13:04] | Let it come to you. | 让它来找到你 |
[13:10] | Fifth grade. | 五年级 |
[13:14] | I needed money. | 我需要钱 |
[13:16] | There were these rich eighth-grade pricks from Harrison. | 八年级有几个从哈里森来的有钱的混蛋 |
[13:18] | God, I hated their stupid faces. | 天哪 我恨他们那些臭脸 |
[13:20] | I had an Islander jersey and a Koho hockey stick. | 我有件纽约岛人队的队服和一支科豪冰球棍 |
[13:23] | I signed ’em Mike Bossy and Bryan Trottier, | 我在上面签上了迈克·博斯和布莱恩·特罗捷的名字 |
[13:26] | and the dickbags bought ’em. | 那些傻逼就买了 |
[13:28] | What’d you get? | 他们付了你什么 |
[13:28] | $300 cash, new sneakers, Atari. | 三百美元现金 新球鞋和一台雅达利 |
[13:32] | When they found out, they went to town on me | 他们发现真相的时候 |
[13:34] | like Dave “The Hammer” Schultz. | 愤怒得就像锤子戴夫·舒尔茨 |
[13:36] | God, I got so angry at them, | 他们让我大动肝火 |
[13:40] | my parents for not having enough money, | 我父母没有钱赔给他们 |
[13:43] | myself for getting caught. | 我自己也被抓了 |
[13:46] | That rage… | 那种愤怒… |
[13:48] | grew in me. | 在我身上越烧越旺 |
[13:52] | It worked like jet fuel for years. | 多年来它一直是我的动力 |
[13:54] | It was useful. | 非常有用 |
[13:55] | Yeah. Fuck, yeah, it was. Got me here. | 是啊 我走到今天这步多亏了它 |
[13:57] | I think your brain, instincts, market feel, all that, | 我觉得你之所以这么成功 |
[14:00] | had more to do with it. | 更多的是靠你的头脑 直觉 市场嗅觉 |
[14:01] | But for the moment, let’s agree | 但现在 我们先同意 |
[14:03] | that the rage worked for a time. | 你的怒火的确帮了你一段时间 |
[14:05] | But let’s look for a moment when it was the wrong tool | 那有什么时候它拖了你后腿呢 |
[14:08] | and it cost you more than it made you. | 让你付出的代价比得到的更多 |
[14:10] | We’re gonna talk about your husband now? | 我们现在要讨论你的丈夫了吗 |
[14:12] | No, about you | 不 是关于你 |
[14:14] | and how when you allow your anger | 关于你如何放任你的怒火 |
[14:17] | to make you blind to consequences, | 从而忽略其他更重要的技能 |
[14:19] | it shuts off those other more crucial skills. | 盲目而行 导致的一些后果 |
[14:25] | Let’s take a moment | 回忆一下 |
[14:27] | from your personal life with Lara. | 你和萝拉一起生活的时候 |
[14:32] | She’d say I allowed my anger to throw everything away, | 她会说我放任自己的怒火摧毁一切 |
[14:35] | to crack the foundation of trust. | 打破信任的基石 |
[14:39] | So what if you could go back into your past? | 如果你能回到过去会怎样 |
[14:41] | How would you handle that memorabilia sale? | 你会怎么处理那次纪念品拍卖 |
[14:44] | My past? | 我的过去吗 |
[14:46] | Nah, I wouldn’t change it. | 我不会去改变它 |
[14:49] | Good. We can’t. | 好吧 我们也改变不了 |
[14:52] | But holding on to the feeling of that rage, | 但带着这那种愤怒的感觉 |
[14:53] | look to the future. | 想想你的未来 |
[14:56] | Where do you see yourself in five years | 如果你继续这样下去 |
[14:58] | if you carry on this way, | 五年后你会怎么样 |
[15:00] | if you continue to carry the weight of this anger? | 如果你继续带着这种愤怒走下去 |
[15:04] | Where are you in 10? | 十年后会怎样呢 |
[15:07] | 20? | 二十年呢 |
[15:09] | Are you happy? | 你会开心吗 |
[15:11] | Are you fulfilled? | 你会感到满足吗 |
[15:14] | Or are you lonely, bitter? | 还是会孤独 苦闷 |
[15:19] | Lashing out. | 到处发火撒气 |
[15:22] | Fuck Dickens! | 见鬼的狄更斯过程 |
[15:25] | All I see is jail | 我只看到自己进了监狱 |
[15:27] | and the company I spent my lifetime building up | 而我耗费毕生心血建立的公司 |
[15:29] | reduced to rubble. | 也就此毁于一旦 |
[15:31] | Look, I want to do this with you. | 听着 我是想做这个狄更斯过程 |
[15:33] | I want to believe that it can help. | 我想相信它有用 |
[15:37] | But I just don’t think I can. | 但我觉得我做不到 |
[15:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:42] | But now you know exactly where your focus needs to be, | 但现在你知道你应该注意什么 |
[15:45] | where you need to be. | 知道你自己想要变成什么样 |
[15:47] | At the office. | 你想回公司 |
[15:49] | And when you get back home from this conclave, | 当你们从这次秘密会议回去的时候 |
[15:51] | make sure you get with your people. | 确保你们和自己人一起 |
[15:53] | Make sure we are all on the same bill of lading. | 确保我们都有一样的目标 |
[15:57] | There’s a new sheriff in town. | 镇上来了新的司法官 |
[15:59] | You are all my deputies. | 你们都是我的左右手 |
[16:01] | Gonna be one hell of a turkey shoot! | 都要共同面对困境 |
[16:04] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[16:06] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑你们 |
[16:10] | Are we still employed? | 我们没有被开除吗 |
[16:12] | We seem to be. | 似乎没有 |
[16:14] | And the shift in agenda he was talking about, that hits us? | 他刚才说的日程的转变 会影响我们吗 |
[16:18] | but we press on, as always. | 我们还是要干下去 就像以往一样 |
[16:19] | I’ll handle the optics, | 我来处理怎么让大家接受这件事 |
[16:21] | and we’ll manage up the chain. | 我们会和上下协调好的 |
[16:23] | Just so you know, I’m as nimble as I need to be. | 就是让你知道一下 我可以很机敏 |
[16:26] | I count on that. | 我就指望你的机敏了 |
[16:28] | This is the fissile material. | 这是裂变材料的资料 |
[16:30] | You’ll know what to do. | 你会知道怎么做的 |
[16:33] | Bryan Connerty and his new lord. | 这不是布莱恩·康纳蒂和他的新法官吗 |
[16:36] | May your reign be long and fruitful. | 望您的治下长治久安 |
[16:39] | I serve at the pleasure– | 我的荣幸 |
[16:40] | Don’t we all? | 大家都这样希望 |
[16:42] | Freezing the assets? | 解冻资产 |
[16:44] | Now, that’s an Ivan Koloff bear hug you’re putting on the man. | 这就像是伊万·科洛夫的熊抱一样 |
[16:47] | You’re squeezing the breath out of him. | 你会让他喘不过气的 |
[16:49] | I was more Iron Sheik era. | 我更喜欢钢铁酋长 |
[16:50] | All right, fine. | 好吧 那我换个说法 |
[16:51] | It’s a camel clutch, and a hell of a good one. | 就像个完美的骆驼式固定一样 |
[16:53] | You seem pretty comfy at his elbow. | 看来你在他手底下干得很顺手 |
[16:56] | That’s the job. | 这是工作 |
[16:58] | Until it ain’t. | 直到它不是 |
[16:59] | Man, ain’t that the truth? | 那难道不是实话吗 |
[17:01] | But you can’t let this monster have a chance to recover. | 但你不能让那头巨兽有喘息的机会 |
[17:04] | Yes. I’ll use my leverage and strength | 是的 我会运用自己的手段和力量 |
[17:06] | and get something valuable in return. | 来得到有益的回报 |
[17:07] | I know my job, Chuck. | 查克 我知道自己职责 |
[17:10] | And I also know the real reason you need this to go quickly. | 我也知道你想要快点解决这事的真正原因 |
[17:13] | Oh? And what do you imagine that is? | 你觉得是什么 |
[17:16] | You are like a man who committed a crime of passion. | 你就像一个犯了情杀罪的男人 |
[17:18] | In the moment, it felt so right. | 杀人的时候一时爽快 |
[17:21] | But in the morning, | 但到了早晨 |
[17:23] | all he sees is the blood splashed on the walls | 看到满墙鲜血 |
[17:26] | of his dead lover’s bedroom, | 还有卧室里死去的爱人 |
[17:27] | and he just wants it all to go away, | 就又后悔了 |
[17:30] | but it can’t. | 但是世上没有后悔药 |
[17:32] | I’m going to prosecute the case to the full extent of the law | 我会遵照法律处理这则案子 |
[17:35] | without breaking the terms of our agreement. | 也不会违背我们的约定 |
[17:37] | So if you don’t clean up all the blood | 所以你如果没有及时清理好血迹 |
[17:39] | before the cops get there, | 在警察来之前 |
[17:41] | I cannot guarantee your DNA stays out of the courtroom. | 我无法保证你的DNA不被法庭采信 |
[17:43] | This is a conversation we need to finish somewhere else… | 这些话我们去别处谈 |
[17:47] | private. | 私下谈 |
[18:09] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[18:10] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[18:11] | Let’s do this. | 放手干吧 |
[18:14] | And newly appointed U.S. Treasury Secretary | 新上任的美国财政部长 |
[18:16] | Todd Krakow was sworn in today. | 托德·克拉科夫今天宣誓就职 |
[18:19] | Look at that preening fuck. | 人模狗样 |
[18:22] | You know, his name on money may actually make me like him less. | 把他名字印到钱上只会让我更烦他 |
[18:25] | Hello, Bobby. | 你好 波比 |
[18:29] | Birch! | 博奇 |
[18:30] | – Axe. – Wendy. | -阿克斯 -温蒂 |
[18:32] | Lara. | 萝拉 |
[18:36] | I’m here to go over my assets. | 我来清点资产 |
[18:38] | You were supposed to bring a business manager | 你该带业务经理 |
[18:40] | or accountant, not a competitor. | 或是会计过来 不是竞争对手 |
[18:42] | I only compete with currently active hedge funds. | 我只跟仍在运营的对冲基金竞争 |
[18:44] | Ding, ding, ding! I want a clean fight. | 叮 叮 叮 要公平争斗 |
[18:46] | Protect yourselves at all times. | 注意自我保护 |
[18:47] | There’ll be no standing eight count. | 不然最后也没胜者存在了 |
[18:48] | Give Lara full access to the books. | 让萝拉尽情检阅吧 |
[18:51] | She has a right to see the state of things. | 她有权知道现状 |
[18:53] | As you wish, my liege. | 如您所愿 陛下 |
[19:02] | Run her through where the bodies are buried. | 让她去看看墓园也好 |
[19:08] | This column, | 这一栏 |
[19:10] | this one, this one, and this one | 这栏 这栏 还有这栏 |
[19:12] | are the main holdings. | 是你主要持有股份 |
[19:14] | There you have it. | 这就是了 |
[19:17] | I see the balance on the accounts. | 我看见账户余额了 |
[19:18] | And what a soaring, fat balance it is. | 多么丰厚的余额啊 |
[19:20] | We need to see the trade history | 我们要看交易记录 |
[19:21] | leading up to the redemptions and cash positions. | 看看这些赎回和现金头寸是怎么来的 |
[19:24] | Sure. Let me bring up a different screen. | 好 我分下屏 |
[19:25] | Like Squanto should have said to the pilgrims, | 斯宽托该早点儿跟英国清教徒说 |
[19:28] | – “Get the fuck out of here.” – Wags, come on. | -滚出去 -瓦格斯 别这样 |
[19:30] | It’s proprietary. You’re not seeing it. | 这不是你的 你不能看 |
[19:31] | – This is bullshit, Wags. – Lara, we’re not having a fight. | -扯蛋 瓦格斯 -萝拉 别吵架 |
[19:34] | I’m telling you, you’re not gonna see that shit. | 我说明白 你不能看那些 |
[19:36] | As is often the case, | 按照惯例 |
[19:37] | the longer you can hold off, the more likely | 你拖得越久 就越可能 |
[19:39] | you’ll be screaming in pleasure at the end. | 笑到最后 |
[19:41] | We’re not making a porno, Orrin, | 奥林 我们不是在拍黄片 |
[19:43] | though I appreciate the effort to make me laugh. | 虽然我很感谢你尽力想让我笑 |
[19:45] | My father always said laughter was the best medicine, | 我爸总说笑声是最好的药 |
[19:49] | which is why I was so confused | 所以当我80年代吸食可卡因时 |
[19:51] | when I finally tried cocaine in the ’80s. | 感到特别困惑 |
[19:55] | Okay. You lightened my mood. | 好吧 你让我心情好多了 |
[19:57] | Now make me really happy and tell me | 那就让我真心高兴 告诉我 |
[19:59] | how we expose all the shit that Rhoades pulled to suck me in. | 如何摆脱罗兹弄的这个想搞死我的烂摊子 |
[20:03] | Easier said, Bobby, because we can’t introduce that | 说得容易 波比 我们得先 |
[20:06] | without confirming your actions as a response. | 把你的反应确定下来 |
[20:08] | We’d be virtually admitting your role. | 我们得承认你扮演的角色 |
[20:11] | What he did, it’s a fucking crime. | 他的所作所为就是在犯罪 |
[20:14] | Maybe. But it’s not a defense. | 也许吧 但不足以给你辩护 |
[20:17] | All right, get to the rest. | 好吧 先解决剩下的 |
[20:19] | Let’s get our new head of compliance up here. | 叫合规部新部长过来 |
[20:47] | The answer man is here. | 解答人来啦 |
[20:49] | The charges carry a long potential sentence. | 这些指控可能会判你很久 |
[20:52] | 15 to 20 years | 15到20年 |
[20:54] | and tens of millions in fines, of course. | 当然还有几千万的罚款 |
[20:56] | They’re using the locked-up money to distract us | 他们用冻结资产来分散我们的注意力 |
[20:59] | as they meticulously build their case. | 好让他们细致地归拢案情 |
[21:01] | They are using the locked money to do three things. | 他们要用冻结资产做三件事 |
[21:04] | One, to make me take a plea. | 一 逼我认罪 |
[21:06] | Two, to make it hard for my people so they’ll quit. | 二 让我的人难做 逼他们辞职 |
[21:08] | And, three, to spread the word through implication | 三 含沙射影地散布谣言 |
[21:11] | that this is about more than my actions against Ice Juice, | 暗指这次不只是我跟冰果汁的事 |
[21:13] | that we are an illegal enterprise. | 我们是家不法公司 |
[21:15] | Turn on the telestrator, | 你真双眼如炬 |
[21:17] | because you just diagramed the shit out of this. | 这些小把戏都看透了啊 |
[21:22] | How long can they really keep it frozen? | 他们能把资金冻结多久 |
[21:24] | Wrong question. | 这问题问得不好 |
[21:25] | This is where the holding out comes in. | 现在你要虚张声势 |
[21:28] | Don’t let anyone know you care. | 别让人知道你在乎 |
[21:30] | Mm, we’ll find a way to get you liquid again | 我们会想法子让你重新交易股票 |
[21:32] | in four to six months. | 需要四到六个月 |
[21:34] | Months? Fuck that. | 月 滚蛋 |
[21:35] | There is one idea that might get it done right away, | 有个法子能马上办到 |
[21:38] | but it’s one you’re going to hate. | 但你不会喜欢 |
[21:43] | Give up your so-called license to trade. | 放弃你所谓的交易执照 |
[21:46] | Walk away from the table. Cash in your chips. | 从赌桌前带着现金离开 |
[21:48] | They’d be forced to release the bulk of your money. | 他们就不得不解冻你的大部分资金 |
[21:51] | That is the only angle that I see. | 我只能想到这个法子 |
[21:54] | And if it’s the only angle that I see, | 如果这是我能想到的唯一办法 |
[21:56] | it’s the only angle there is. | 那就只有这个法子 |
[21:58] | You agree to stop trading, you personally, | 你个人同意终止交易 |
[22:01] | and they give you back your money. | 他们就会把钱给你 |
[22:02] | We would set something up where Axe Cap trades it | 我们会在失去你的领导后 |
[22:05] | without your direction. | 调整下阿克斯资本 |
[22:06] | It would function like a blind trust, | 就像全权信托那样 |
[22:09] | but the language would be such | 但说法换了一下 |
[22:10] | and they’d be releasing so much money back to you | 他们会解冻资金 |
[22:13] | that if you violated it — | 但你若违反规则 |
[22:14] | Oh, that is a bozo no-no. | 那就成了天字一号大傻瓜 |
[22:17] | Do that and you would earn yourself a lifetime ban… | 那么做的话就给你自己判了终身禁令 |
[22:21] | and more. | 而且不止于此 |
[22:24] | No. | 不 |
[22:26] | No fuckin’ way. | 没门儿 |
[22:27] | I’ll never do that. | 我不会那么做 |
[22:29] | If I give up my ability to trade, | 如果我放弃交易执照 |
[22:30] | I’m agreeing that they’re right | 我就是同意他们是对的 |
[22:31] | and I built all this by cheating. | 我是靠欺骗建立起的这一切 |
[22:36] | I might as well give up my license to breathe. | 我还不如放弃我呼吸的权利 |
[22:38] | You guys have to work it out yourselves. | 你们得想法自己搞定 |
[22:40] | Do not put me in the middle of it. | 别把我放里面 |
[22:42] | What the fuck is– | 怎么 |
[22:46] | What’s the problem? | 回事 |
[22:47] | Your lap dog is not cooperating. | 你的狗狗不听话啊 |
[22:49] | Wags, although Lara should have faith, | 瓦格斯 虽然萝拉应该相信我们 |
[22:52] | because I’ve shown I’m pretty good at making a dollar, | 因为她已经见识到我很会赚钱 |
[22:54] | she has a right to choose and make her own decisions, | 但是她有权作出她的决定 |
[22:56] | like I told you. | 我告诉过你的 |
[22:57] | I thought you were telling me with a wink. | 我以为你告诉我的时候眨了一下眼 |
[22:58] | That’s why I played back with the “Liege” Stuff. | 所以我才去争的 |
[23:00] | – Did I wink at you, ever? – Not an actual wink, but– | -我有对你眨过眼吗 -不是那种 不过 |
[23:02] | Are you planning on giving him your money to manage? | 你是打算把你的钱给他管理吗 |
[23:05] | If it ever gets unfrozen, I might. | 如果解冻的话 可能会 |
[23:07] | – Why? – For general health, financial, | -为什么 -为了健康的财务状况 |
[23:10] | and for things between us. | 也为了我们之间的事 |
[23:11] | Now that I’m able to take outside money, | 现在我能接管外部资金了 |
[23:13] | I thought I’d start with friends and family. | 我想我可以先从朋友家人入手 |
[23:15] | We’re neither. | 我们不是你的朋友家人 |
[23:16] | Listen, Lara, I won’t micromanage you. | 听着 萝拉 我不想这样管控你 |
[23:20] | But if you really plan | 但如果你真的要 |
[23:21] | on giving billions of dollars to this stock jockey, | 把上亿的钱给这个家伙 |
[23:24] | ask him this, | 问问他 |
[23:25] | how he’s codified the behavioral heuristics at his firm | 他的公司是依据什么来做出决策的 |
[23:28] | from stock selection to position sizing | 从选股到持仓规模 |
[23:31] | to market timing to risk management. | 到市场择时到风险管理 |
[23:33] | He hasn’t, | 他没有 |
[23:34] | because his decision-flow process | 因为他就只会 |
[23:37] | is Google, Exxon, Proctor & Gamble, | 选谷歌 埃克森 宝洁那么几个 |
[23:39] | same as any old lady in Kansas City, | 跟堪萨斯城的老太太差不多 |
[23:41] | except she won’t charge you two and twenty for it. | 只不过她不会收你管理费 |
[23:44] | We are all in the same game, Axe, | 我们都是干这行的 阿克斯 |
[23:46] | protecting assets and trying to find that edge. | 保护资产 找到最好的收益 |
[23:48] | You have about as much edge as Mister Rogers. | 你的收益跟罗杰斯先生差不多 |
[23:50] | Okay, guys! | 好了 你们 |
[23:54] | Okay, you go on ahead, sweetheart. | 好吧 去吧 亲爱的 |
[23:56] | You look into everything you want with Birch, | 你跟博奇好好研究 |
[23:58] | and I will support whatever you decide. | 我会支持你的决定的 |
[24:02] | Thank you, Bobby. | 谢谢 波比 |
[24:05] | You really want me to let ’em into the books | 你真的想让我给他们看账面 |
[24:06] | and see the trades? | 看那些交易吗 |
[24:07] | Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies. | 大把人看李小龙电影 |
[24:10] | Doesn’t mean you can do karate. | 也不见得他们会功夫 |
[24:15] | Boot up the screen. | 打开屏幕 |
[24:21] | I still can’t believe he made that move. | 我还是不能相信他走了这一步 |
[24:23] | It was the smart thing to do. | 这一步很聪明 |
[24:25] | If I’d known what you were doing, I would have never– | 如果我知道你在做什么 我不会 |
[24:27] | Yes. No. | 是的 不 |
[24:28] | I mean, if you’d known, if you’d told me, | 我是说 如果你知道 如果你告诉了我 |
[24:30] | if I’d known– | 如果我知道了 |
[24:31] | It was a moment of peak. I’m gonna stop and tell you? | 那是个巅峰时刻 我要停下来告诉你吗 |
[24:34] | Wish you had. | 希望你那么做了 |
[24:35] | You were very convincing. | 你很有说服力 |
[24:37] | But, in a way, it all had to play itself out, didn’t it? | 不过一切都有自己的缘法 对吧 |
[24:40] | If I had known what you were gonna do– | 如果我知道你要干什么 |
[24:41] | – You’d have tried to stop me. – Yes, I would have, | -你会试图阻止我 -是的 我会的 |
[24:43] | and I might have succeeded. | 我也很可能会成功 |
[24:45] | Well, that would have been better in one way… | 在一个方面上那样会更好 |
[24:48] | but worse in all the others… | 但其他方面都会更糟 |
[24:50] | because now we are home, and we are a “we” again. | 因为现在我们都在家了 我们又在一起了 |
[24:55] | And if I hadn’t have done a thing, | 如果我什么都不干 |
[24:56] | who knows how I’d have felt, | 谁知道我现在是什么体会 |
[24:58] | what resentments might have festered? | 怨恨之情又会如何蔓延 |
[24:59] | But you did and I did, | 但是你做了 我做了 |
[25:01] | and there is nothing festering. | 事情没有变糟 |
[25:04] | Except for the thing I’m off to deal with now. | 除了我现在要出去处理的事之外 |
[25:09] | Except that. | 除此之外 |
[25:17] | Your wife, she still down in D.C.? | 你妻子 还在特区吗 |
[25:20] | Yes, outside. | 是的 外面 |
[25:22] | You must miss her. | 你一定很想她 |
[25:23] | We talk every day, and the train ride is only– | 我们每天聊天 而坐火车只要 |
[25:26] | Sure it is. But the problem is | 没错 但是问题是 |
[25:28] | that the free flow of information, | 信息的自由流动 |
[25:30] | the casual details of the day, can get lost. | 每天随机的细节 都能让人迷失 |
[25:35] | You know, for a time, even though | 你知道 有段时间 |
[25:36] | we did reside in the same house, my wife and I lived that way. | 尽管我们住在一起 我妻子和我也像这样生活 |
[25:39] | You’re telling me that you and your wife have no secrets? | 你是说你和你妻子没有秘密 |
[25:42] | Oh I’m certain some are still lurking. | 肯定是有所隐匿的 |
[25:45] | We all mask certain emotions, | 我们都会隐藏某些情感 |
[25:48] | often our most intense ones, | 经常是我们最强烈的情感 |
[25:50] | like Bjorn Borg did. | 就像比约恩·博格一样 |
[25:52] | But like Borg, | 但就像博格 |
[25:53] | eventually, it’ll end up costing you everything, | 但最终也会让你一无所有 |
[25:55] | so we’re digging in, right? | 所以我们在努力奋斗 |
[25:58] | Digging in. | 埋头苦干 |
[26:00] | She told you about her short on Ice Juice. | 她告诉了你做空冰果汁的事了 |
[26:02] | That’s the kind of bond we have. | 我们就是有这种默契 |
[26:04] | So you are here to tell me | 所以你是来告诉我 |
[26:05] | she will turn state’s evidence | 她会以检举 |
[26:07] | to avoid being the subject of prosecution? | 来避免起诉 |
[26:10] | She is a co-conspirator in Axe’s scheme. | 她可是阿克斯案件的同伙 |
[26:13] | No, sir. | 不是的 |
[26:13] | She’s safe due to the terms of the deal you and I struck. | 她是受我们之间的协议保护的 |
[26:18] | That was about your father. | 那是关于你父亲的 |
[26:20] | I said me and my family. | 我说的是我和我的家庭 |
[26:23] | And you assented. | 而你同意了 |
[26:24] | And now you will say this is unduly burdensome, | 现在你会说这太难了 |
[26:28] | which will force me to say that it is less so | 我就不得不说 |
[26:31] | than remaining a glorified Internal Affairs grunt | 这远比争取留在荣耀的内务部 |
[26:33] | working out a dank office | 做个阴暗办公室里的勤杂工 |
[26:35] | on the fringes of our capital city. | 要容易多了 |
[26:38] | And, as you saw, | 而且你也看到了 |
[26:39] | Jock Jeffcoat is taking my counsel these days | 乔克·杰夫科特现在是听我的意见 |
[26:42] | on who should be in and who should be out. | 来决定谁留下谁走人 |
[26:45] | There’s only so much compromise | 我对自己的道德标准 |
[26:47] | of my own system of morality | 能做多少妥协 |
[26:49] | that I can swallow. | 也是有限度的 |
[26:51] | I happen to know you’re a Calvinist. | 我恰好知道你是加尔文主义者 |
[26:55] | You believe we’re all fallen beyond any hope for redemption. | 你相信我们都已经堕落到无法被救赎的地步了 |
[26:59] | So answer me this. | 那么回答我这个问题 |
[27:02] | What’s one more demerit for a friend allied with you | 有一个朋友和你结盟对付共同的敌人 |
[27:06] | against a common foe? | 有什么不好的吗 |
[27:08] | Ecumenically, that’s not exactly right, | 你说的教义并不完全准确 |
[27:10] | and it’s borderline offensive. | 而且还有些冒犯 |
[27:12] | But, also, it’s… | 但那也 |
[27:14] | pretty much true. | 基本是那么回事 |
[27:17] | Okay. I’ll do all I can | 好吧 我会尽我所能 |
[27:20] | to keep your wife out of it, | 不把你太太牵扯进来 |
[27:23] | but now you owe me. | 但你现在欠我人情了 |
[27:26] | Name it. | 说吧 |
[27:27] | I’ll hold it in reserve. | 我先记着 |
[27:29] | A favor to be named later. | 以后再找你还 |
[27:33] | Look at you, huh? | 看看你 |
[27:35] | Muckin’ in. | 越来越老练了 |
[27:38] | Done. | 就这么说定了 |
[27:39] | This is all on background, no attribution. | 这都只是私下里的 不会查到我头上吧 |
[27:41] | Yep, until you want to go on record. | 对 除非你想实名举报 |
[27:43] | Good. You know, if they were gonna charge the firm, | 好 如果他们要起诉公司 |
[27:46] | they would have. | 他们肯定会这么做的 |
[27:47] | Well, isn’t their argument that this one instance | 他们的说法不就是 |
[27:49] | could be the tip of the iceberg, | 这次事件只是冰山一角 |
[27:51] | that they need to go through all the old trades | 所以他们才需要查所有的交易 |
[27:53] | to see if there’s a pattern? | 来看这会不会是固定模式 |
[27:55] | But that could take months. It’s harassment, Randy. | 但那样会拖好几个月呢 这是骚扰 兰迪 |
[27:58] | They’ve already spent years | 他们已经花了好几年时间 |
[27:59] | going through all those old trades, | 来查以前的交易 |
[28:01] | trying to make a case, and they’ve failed. | 想要以此立案 但都没成功 |
[28:03] | Now they’ve come up with this story about me and sabotage, | 他们现在又编个故事说我故意搞破坏 |
[28:05] | which you will see is false. | 但你会发现那都是胡编乱造 |
[28:07] | Look, I shorted that company | 我做空那家公司纯粹是因为 |
[28:09] | ’cause I saw a faulty process and bad financials, | 我发现他们生产过程有问题 财务状况不好 |
[28:12] | and I’m being penalized because the markets agreed with me. | 然后我现在因为市场和我意见一致而受到惩罚 |
[28:15] | I was set up. | 我是被陷害的 |
[28:16] | Now, soon you’ll have all these details, | 你很快就会知道所有的细节的 |
[28:18] | but what they are doing right now | 但他们现在的所作所为 |
[28:21] | is they’re trying to ruin not only my reputation | 不仅要毁掉我个人的声誉 |
[28:23] | but that of everyone who works at Axe Capital, | 还有在阿克斯资本工作的每个人的声誉 |
[28:26] | and that is the story you should be digging into. | 那才是你想要深入调查的新闻 |
[28:32] | Want dinner? | 吃晚饭吗 |
[28:33] | Do we need to do that? | 我们需要那么做吗 |
[28:43] | On Axelrod, I could use to see | 阿克斯罗德的案子 我想看看 |
[28:45] | the transaction records of all the people | 冰果汁首次公开募股中 |
[28:46] | who bought or sold stock in the Ice Juice IPO, | 所有人买卖股票的记录 |
[28:49] | the victims in this thing. | 他们也是这次事件的受害者 |
[28:50] | You mean besides the people who were poisoned? | 你是说除了被下毒的那些人 |
[28:52] | Yeah, they were about the only ones who got paid. | 对 他们大概是唯一获利的一群人吧 |
[28:55] | S.E.C. Said you were holding the records for some reason. | 证券交易委员会说你因为什么原因没公开记录 |
[28:57] | I’ve got forensic financial analysts | 我正在让法证财务分析师 |
[28:59] | combing through all that now. | 清查整理呢 |
[29:00] | I didn’t want you to, uh, bog down in those details. | 我没想让你被琐碎的细节绊住 |
[29:05] | I like knowing the minutiae in my cases. | 我喜欢了解我案子中的细节 |
[29:07] | Good, as I would expect you to. | 好 我想也是这样 |
[29:09] | I’ll get the results to you ASAP. | 我会尽快把记录结果给你 |
[29:10] | – Great. – Okay. | -那太好了 -好 |
[29:14] | You know, I was just wondering, | 我刚才还在想 |
[29:14] | who’d you get the initial tip from that started all this? | 你最早是从谁那里得到这个案件的消息的 |
[29:17] | I should interview him or her. | 我应该和他或她谈谈 |
[29:19] | I understand why you’re asking, | 我理解你想这么做的原因 |
[29:22] | but my tipster is not exactly | 但我的消息来源 |
[29:25] | Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel. | 并不像《华尔街》那样充分参与 |
[29:27] | Just a foot soldier. | 只是个跑龙套的 |
[29:28] | It was enough info to get the FBI going | 他提供的证据足够让联邦调查局介入了 |
[29:30] | but not a firsthand witness. | 但并不能做首席证人 |
[29:31] | If there were material value, I would share the name. | 如果真有重大价值 我会告诉你的 |
[29:35] | Of course. I know you would. | 当然 我知道你会的 |
[29:39] | I am glad that I asked Chuck to send you to me. | 我很高兴我让查克把你派给我 |
[29:42] | I need your expertise. | 我需要你的专业意见 |
[29:45] | Glad to be here, boss. | 为您服务很荣幸 领导 |
[29:46] | Ugh. Don’t call me “Boss.” We’re peers. | 别叫我”领导” 我们是同辈人 |
[29:49] | In a hierarchy, yes, but colleagues. | 级别上来说 是领导 但我们是同事 |
[29:52] | Call me “Oliver.” | 叫我”奥利弗”就好 |
[29:54] | You got it. | 知道了 |
[29:58] | Never trust an officer who doesn’t ask you to salute. | 永远都不要信任一个不让你敬礼的军官 |
[30:01] | It means that what he does demand of you | 那意味着他想让你做的 |
[30:03] | is gonna be a lot worse. | 是更糟糕的事 |
[30:04] | Dake. | 是说戴克吧 |
[30:05] | All of it. | 都是说他呢 |
[30:07] | You know, you’re in law school now. | 你现在法学院在读了 |
[30:09] | How does this fact pattern smell to you? | 你觉得这是怎么一回事 |
[30:11] | I get transferred to prosecute Axelrod, | 我被调去起诉阿克斯罗德 |
[30:14] | but then he puts a blindfold on me. | 然后他又不给我全部的信息 |
[30:15] | I can’t access certain documents or know who the tipster is? | 有些文件我看不了 他的消息来源也不公开 |
[30:18] | Well, there’s nothing to be done about it now, so… | 反正你现在什么也做不了 不如 |
[30:22] | drinks? | 一起喝一杯 |
[30:37] | Again? | 又睡不着了 |
[30:40] | Have you tried blinking rapidly 100 times? | 你试过快速眨眼一百下了吗 |
[30:42] | Yeah, I’ve tried it all. | 我都试过了 |
[30:52] | We shouldn’t have stopped seeing her. | 我们就不该停止见她的 |
[30:54] | When you leave things unresolved, | 当你留着问题不解决 |
[30:56] | this is what happens. | 结果就是这样 |
[30:57] | Mm. Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[31:02] | Let’s make an appointment. | 我们约个时间吧 |
[31:16] | I’m taking a walk. | 我去走一走 |
[31:23] | Chocolate egg cream, please. | 巧克力蛋蜜乳 谢谢 |
[31:24] | Coming right up. | 马上来 |
[31:31] | I thought I’d find you here. | 我就知道在这里能找到你 |
[31:33] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[31:35] | I became single-minded to the point of myopia. | 我渐渐固执得有点目光短浅了 |
[31:39] | I know that I have transgressed materially | 我知道我已经严重越界 |
[31:43] | but, more importantly, in terms of loyalty, | 但更重要的是 就忠诚而言 |
[31:45] | I will devote myself to the long and arduous process | 我会致力于漫长艰苦的过程 |
[31:48] | of making up for the latter. | 来为日后补偿 |
[31:50] | As to the former, I have an offer for you. | 但首先 我有个提案给你 |
[31:55] | I have lined up a seat for you | 我为你安排了一个 |
[31:57] | on the Theakston-Manley asbestos trust, | 在提克斯顿-曼利石棉信托的席位 |
[31:59] | rubber-stamping claims, | 只需要例行盖盖章 |
[32:01] | one meeting per quarter. | 每季度开一次会 |
[32:02] | Your fee, 350K a year. | 你的酬金是每年35万 |
[32:06] | Now, that’ll lead to more similar seats | 如果你给人留下深刻印象的话 |
[32:08] | once you impress people. | 就会有更多类似的席位找上门来 |
[32:10] | You put together three of these babies, | 凑齐三个的话 |
[32:11] | that’s a nice little sinecure. | 就是份不错的挂名闲职了 |
[32:13] | Well, I was on my way to being a zillionaire, | 我本来要成为亿万富翁的 |
[32:15] | and you’re giving me a sinecure. | 现在你要给我一份挂名闲职 |
[32:19] | I understand the rancor, Ira. | 我能理解你的怨恨 艾拉 |
[32:21] | I don’t begrudge you it. | 我不会有怨言 |
[32:22] | And I hesitate to bring up | 我很犹豫要不要说这件 |
[32:24] | what I know you already know, | 我知道你已经知道的事 |
[32:26] | but I want to hear it from you, | 但我想亲耳听你说 |
[32:27] | now that the smoke has cleared | 既然现在形势已经明朗 |
[32:29] | that you will not say a word about my role in the IPO. | 你不会对我在上市过程中的行为多说一个字 |
[32:33] | You know that it’s in your best interest as well as mine, | 你知道这对你我来说都是最好的选择 |
[32:35] | because that’s how you’ll get paid off in your civil case. | 因为这样你才能在民事诉讼中有所获益 |
[32:40] | Well, I’ve been punting my interview with Eastern | 我已经在尽力拖延 |
[32:42] | as long as I can. It’ll go on the books soon. | 跟东区分部的面谈 很快就要最终定案了 |
[32:46] | But, no, Chuck, I won’t say a word. | 但不 查克 我一个字都不会说 |
[32:59] | Funny thing, the egg cream, hmm? | 蛋蜜乳真有趣 |
[33:03] | No egg in it, no cream, either. | 里面没有蛋 没有奶油 两者都没有 |
[33:04] | Just chocolate syrup, | 只是巧克力糖浆 |
[33:08] | a splash of milk, seltzer. | 一点牛奶 苏打 |
[33:11] | I guess the French had a drink called chocolat et creame. | 我想法国有一种饮品叫巧克力奶油 |
[33:13] | The American corruption for that became “Egg cream.” | 美国人把它堕落成蛋蜜乳了 |
[33:18] | Wonderful arcana. | 真是神秘 |
[33:19] | That’s — That’s so Chuck of you. | 这句话真有你的风格 |
[33:22] | God, I used to love that shit. | 天 我以前还很喜欢你这样 |
[33:25] | Go home and write it in my journal. | 回家我就写在日记本上 |
[33:28] | Now that the smoke has cleared, | 既然现在形势已经明朗 |
[33:30] | you need to hear something. | 你得听听这个 |
[33:33] | I’ve realized… | 我发现 |
[33:35] | that you need all this, | 你需要这一切 |
[33:39] | to put people in impossible positions, | 把大家安排到不可能的位置上 |
[33:41] | to dominate with your will, | 按你的想法主宰别人 |
[33:44] | to torture. | 折磨别人 |
[33:46] | I never think in those terms. | 我从来没从这方面想过 |
[33:47] | Well, you’ve forced me to. | 你让我不得不这么想 |
[33:50] | Let’s talk it out. | 让我们把话说开吧 |
[33:51] | No, this is it. | 不 够了 |
[33:54] | I’ll never talk to you again once this conversation’s over, | 这场对话结束后我不会再跟你说话 |
[33:59] | which it is. | 也就是从现在开始 |
[34:38] | You coming in, nagusi? | 你今天要来上班吗 头儿 |
[34:39] | Nope. Case. All day. | 不 一整天都忙案子 |
[34:41] | Something hot for Axe. | 我有好想法给阿克斯 |
[34:42] | – An “Iron Condor” with four– – Please. Go back to B school. | -铁鹰策略 四 -求你了 回商学院吧 |
[34:45] | Anything good yet? | 目前有好主意吗 |
[34:46] | How about a strangle where we arb the vega on… | 那勒式交易呢 把vega值…. |
[34:48] | You go back to fucking yourself. | 你去死一死吧 |
[34:50] | I just need two minutes with Taylor. | 我只需占用泰勒两分钟 |
[34:51] | Everyone does. You have to wait. | 每个人都要 你要等等 |
[34:52] | – Hey, Wags, listen… – Don’t want to fucking hear it. | -瓦格斯听着… -一点都不想听 |
[34:54] | Nope. As soon as. | 完全没有 有了就告诉你 |
[34:56] | Yeah, well, be all over Taylor till they figure it out. | 好吧 在大家搞清楚前都去找泰勒吧 |
[34:59] | If I flame this dinner– | 如果我搞砸了这次晚餐… |
[35:00] | No chance, sahabi. | 不可能 教徒 |
[35:02] | Never let it happen. | 不会让这种事发生的 |
[35:04] | Orrin, time for you to go see your protege. | 奥林 是时候去见你徒弟了 |
[35:07] | You want me to propose the deal? | 你想让我提出交易吗 |
[35:08] | I want you to remind him | 我想让你提醒提醒他 |
[35:09] | what happens to guys like him | 处在他立场上的人 |
[35:10] | when they take this big a swing and miss. | 重拳出击却又失手会有什么结果 |
[35:13] | I want you to remind him | 我想让你提醒他 |
[35:14] | that the political winds have shifted. | 政治风向已经变了 |
[35:16] | It’s better if I show up with something to offer. | 如果我有备而去会更好谈 |
[35:19] | Then bring him a glass of fuckin’ milk, but go do it. | 那就给他带杯牛奶吧 但一定要谈 |
[35:30] | Field trip. Come on. | 休学旅行 来吧 |
[35:32] | Where? | 去哪 |
[35:32] | Somewhere we can talk without everyone coming at us. | 一个我们能不被打扰 好好说话的地方 |
[35:35] | I know a place. | 我知道一个地方 |
[35:47] | Ever seen Eastern Promises? | 看过《黑幕谜情》吗 |
[35:48] | No. Have you ever been to one of these idea dinners? | 没有 你去过这种点子晚宴吗 |
[35:52] | No seconds in attendance. | 从未去过 |
[36:04] | Where are we on an idea? | 点子想得如何了 |
[36:07] | Haven’t fully cracked the big one yet. | 还没完全解决大问题 |
[36:09] | Trying. | 正在努力 |
[36:11] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[36:12] | Trying? | 正在努力吗 |
[36:16] | Ask the real question. | 问你真正想问的事 |
[36:18] | Are you shopping offers on the street? | 你有在找其他工作吗 |
[36:23] | Just to get it out of the way. | 请不要误解 |
[36:25] | Let me apologize for anything that might have offended | 我为在扑克牌比赛中可能冒犯到你 |
[36:28] | at the poker tournament. | 而道歉 |
[36:29] | Now that I’m at Treasury, | 既然我现在在财政部 |
[36:30] | I need to find someone to steward my firm. | 我就需要找人来管理我的公司 |
[36:33] | I’m already stewarding a firm, a bigger one. | 我已经在管理一家公司了 更大的公司 |
[36:36] | Not that size matters. | 虽然大小并不重要 |
[36:39] | Right. | 是嘛 |
[36:41] | Whatever Axe’s flaws, one thing he knows is people, | 虽然阿克斯有百般不是 但他懂得知人善用 |
[36:46] | and if he believes you can do it well, | 如果他相信你能做好 |
[36:47] | I believe you can. | 我相信你就可以 |
[36:49] | And I’d actually be hands off. | 届时我绝不会插手 |
[36:51] | Let you operate as you saw fit. | 按你自己的想法掌管 |
[36:54] | That’s my situation now. | 我现在的工作就是如此 |
[36:55] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[37:02] | I said no. | 我拒了 |
[37:04] | With finality | 那是最终决定 |
[37:05] | or as a negotiating ploy? | 还是个协商策略呢 |
[37:07] | Look, I know it’s Axe’s faith that confers value on me | 我知道 在我自己干出大事前 |
[37:10] | until I have a track record of my own, | 在他们清楚地见识到我的能力前 |
[37:12] | until others actually see what I can do. | 都得靠阿克斯对我的信任替我背书 |
[37:15] | So I am loyal to him. | 我因此忠诚于他 |
[37:16] | Until and unless it becomes necessary, I will not leave. | 不到非走不可 我是不会离开的 |
[37:21] | All right. | 很好 |
[37:21] | You can take the heat. I believe you. | 你能承担重任 我信你 |
[37:30] | Such disrespect. | 真没礼貌 |
[37:32] | Look at you, sitting here with your tits out. | 看看你 就露着奶子坐在那儿 |
[37:38] | You got a problem with my tits? | 你对我的胸有意见 |
[37:42] | Or maybe they’re turning you on | 还是我的胸让你欲火焚身了 |
[37:45] | and that’s the problem. | 而你自己接受不了 |
[37:51] | You know, I could have done that for myself. | 我自己处理得了这种事 |
[37:53] | I know. I wanted the release. | 我知道 只是需要发泄下 |
[37:56] | It was even better than a hand job. | 这可比撸一管爽多了 |
[38:01] | You chose to meet here in the anteroom | 你选了在前厅见面 |
[38:03] | instead of the dining room. | 而不是餐厅 |
[38:04] | I seem to have lost my appetite lately. | 我最近没什么胃口 |
[38:07] | And, no, it’s not my health. | 不 我身体没问题 |
[38:10] | Full workup. | 全项检查过了 |
[38:11] | Radiology fine, bloodwork perfect. | X光检查没事 血检结果也很棒 |
[38:14] | Heart, too. | 心脏也没毛病 |
[38:15] | Still, nothing wants to stay down. | 可就是什么也吃不下 |
[38:17] | So, what’s got your duodenum inside out? | 那是什么让你茶饭不思呢 |
[38:20] | Want a hint? | 要点提示吗 |
[38:21] | His name is the same as mine. | 他的姓跟我的一样 |
[38:23] | Oh, that boy is a feisty one, there’s no denying that. | 那孩子确实争强好胜 我无可否认 |
[38:27] | What he is is unfit for office, | 他这种人就不适合当官 |
[38:29] | unfit to run, even. | 也不适合竞选 |
[38:30] | I came here to tell you that I am sorry | 我来这是为了告诉你 我很抱歉 |
[38:34] | I asked you to put him forward. | 我曾让你举荐他 |
[38:36] | It was a mistake. | 这就是个错误 |
[38:37] | And I will throw my full weight behind whomever it is | 不论你以后决定的人选是谁 |
[38:41] | that you say I should. | 我都全力支持 |
[38:43] | – Well, that’s disheartening. – It is. | -那可真令人心痛 -可不是 |
[38:46] | I hate delivering the message, but I owe it to you. | 我不喜欢传消息 但这是我欠你的 |
[38:48] | The candidate’s too volatile. | 这候选人极为不稳定 |
[38:49] | He’s unpredictable, | 捉摸不透 |
[38:51] | a liability to all of us. | 是我们所有人的负担 |
[38:53] | Oh, Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[38:54] | For a father to speak that way of his own son. | 作为一个父亲这么说自己亲儿子 |
[38:58] | I myself will pass up supper tonight. | 今晚我自己都不愿吃晚饭了 |
[39:00] | That’s how disappointing I find this. | 你懂我听完后有多沮丧了 |
[39:02] | So you understand? | 那你能够理解我了 |
[39:05] | Not in the way you hope I might. | 不是以你希望的方式 |
[39:08] | I have had this in my possession, | 我手里一直有这份文件 |
[39:11] | hoping not to be forced to use it. | 本来希望不会被迫用到 |
[39:15] | But I cannot stand by | 但我不能袖手旁观 |
[39:17] | and watch you run that young man down. | 眼睁睁看着你诋毁你儿子 |
[39:19] | You used his money, Charles, | 你用了他的钱 查尔斯 |
[39:22] | without his consent, I might add, | 而且未经他同意 |
[39:25] | to invest in something so risky | 去做了高风险投资 |
[39:26] | as to almost be the ruin of both of you. | 风险大到几乎能毁掉你们两人 |
[39:29] | Now, I believe Chuck will not only survive it | 现在 我确信查克不仅可以渡过此劫 |
[39:32] | but that the ruthlessness he has shown | 而且他近几个月 |
[39:34] | these past few months | 显露出来的冷酷 |
[39:35] | will serve him well on our shared mission, | 可以很好地协助他达成我们共同的目标 |
[39:39] | making him governor of this great state. | 助他成为这个大州的州长 |
[39:42] | I’d like you to embrace it. | 我希望你能欣然同意 |
[39:44] | But you at least have to accept it. | 至少你也要接受这一现实 |
[39:50] | I accept nothing when it comes to that boy. | 那孩子的事情 我一样都不接受 |
[39:54] | We’ll see. | 话别说太满 |
[40:04] | Hello, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[40:08] | Ah, let’s all get our appetites back, hmm? | 让我们都把胃口找回来 |
[40:11] | Together. What do you say, Charles? | 一起吃一顿吧 你觉得呢 查尔斯 |
[40:15] | This is a bridge too far, Black Jack. | 你太过分了 黑杰克 |
[40:18] | This is a bridge | 你太他妈 |
[40:20] | too fucking far. | 过分了 |
[40:28] | Ah, he’ll come ’round. | 他会想明白的 |
[40:32] | I’ve seen this play a thousand times. | 这一幕我看过千百遍了 |
[40:36] | By the time the curtain comes down, | 等大幕落下 |
[40:38] | he’ll take your hand, and you’ll share the bow. | 他就会跟你握手言和 你们一起谢幕 |
[40:43] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[40:44] | Well, what’s meant to happen always does. | 注定发生的总会发生 |
[40:49] | Let’s eat. I’m fuckin’ famished. | 我们吃饭吧 我快饿扁了 |
[41:17] | That’s some serious fucking topspin. | 多么犀利的上旋球 |
[41:20] | You putting sneakers on for a match, | 你换双鞋是想比划比划 |
[41:22] | or you come up here with a specific proposal? | 还是带了具体的提议过来 |
[41:25] | Axe’ll wait you out, | 阿克斯会等到你无计可施 |
[41:27] | no matter how long you manage to keep the money frozen. | 不管你决定继续把资金冻结多久 |
[41:30] | He won’t make a deal. | 他绝不妥协 |
[41:33] | We’ll find out, huh? | 那我们就等着瞧吧 |
[41:34] | What’s it going to be, Bryan? | 你想怎么做 布莱恩 |
[41:37] | Pistols at dawn? | 黎明时手枪决斗 |
[41:38] | Fists? | 徒手肉搏 |
[41:39] | You insist on picking through every transaction, | 你坚持每一笔交易都要调查 |
[41:42] | he’ll embarrass you. | 他会让你吃瘪的 |
[41:44] | Embarrassment is free. | 吃瘪可是免费的 |
[41:45] | We’ll cost your client a fortune | 而我们要让你的客户损失一大笔钱 |
[41:47] | keeping his money out of play for half a year, | 让他的钱半年不得进入市场 |
[41:49] | maybe his whole fortune. | 他会损失所有钱也说不定 |
[41:51] | You can’t even count that high. | 得了 你都数不了那么大的数 |
[41:53] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[41:54] | The case has no support in D.C. | 华盛顿已经不支持这个案子了 |
[41:56] | It used to, but all that’s changed. | 过去还好 可现在不同了 |
[41:58] | This is exactly the type of matter | 这就是检察长 |
[42:01] | the A.G. is walking away from these days. | 近期一直在提防的事情 |
[42:05] | No. No. | 不是 |
[42:06] | He’s walking away from insider trading, | 他开始远离内幕交易 |
[42:07] | funny accounting, all sorts of shit, | 财务造假之类的烂案子 |
[42:09] | but the reason he can | 但他之所以能这么做 |
[42:10] | is because a case like this gives him cover. | 是因为这样的案子能帮他掩护 |
[42:13] | People care about it on a visceral level | 民众出自本能地关注这件事 |
[42:15] | because it’s about sabotage, | 是因为这案子的重点是人为破坏 |
[42:16] | breaking the public trust, hurting the average guy twice, | 伤害公众信任 以及两次伤害普通民众 |
[42:20] | once with the tainted juice, | 第一次是用下了药的果汁 |
[42:21] | and a second time with the stock pricing. | 第二次是用股价伤害 |
[42:24] | How’s that for serious fucking topspin? | 这个上旋球够不够犀利 |
[42:27] | You want us to ease off, | 你想让我们退让 |
[42:28] | you have to give something in return. | 就必须给我们一些回报 |
[42:31] | I understand your position, | 我理解你的立场 |
[42:34] | and at this time, | 在这种时候 |
[42:36] | I don’t have anything to offer. | 我没什么好承诺的 |
[42:40] | Then maybe wait until you do | 那么等到你有筹码之前 |
[42:42] | before wasting my fucking time. | 别他妈再浪费我的时间了 |
[42:50] | Bach almost offered up Axe’s ability to trade. | 巴赫几乎将阿克斯做交易的机会拱手想让 |
[42:53] | I felt it. | 我感觉到了 |
[42:54] | Either he wasn’t authorized, or | 要么他没有获得授权 要么就是 |
[42:56] | he sensed weakness. | 嗅到了我们的弱点 |
[42:58] | Did you show weakness? | 你示弱了吗 |
[43:00] | I did not. | 没有 |
[43:01] | You have some scouting report on me saying that I did? | 你的探子报告说我示弱了吗 |
[43:03] | It was just a question. | 我只是问个问题 |
[43:05] | A better question is | 更重要的问题是 |
[43:07] | which is Axelrod going to bet on, | 阿克斯罗德想要赌什么 |
[43:09] | his present or his future? | 他的现在还是未来 |
[43:11] | A man who believes he’ll win at trial | 一个坚信自己会赢得庭审的男人 |
[43:13] | sits calmly on the sideline for six months | 会镇静地坐在一边旁观半年局势 |
[43:15] | until his money is unfrozen, | 直到他的资产解冻 |
[43:16] | and then he prevails in court, goes on with his life. | 然后在法庭上大杀四方 继续顺风顺水地生活 |
[43:19] | But a man who thinks he’s going to lose that trial? | 但是如果是一个觉得自己会输的人呢 |
[43:23] | Well, he’s desperate to get his money | 他会迫切地想要 |
[43:25] | back in the game as soon as possible | 拿回资金重返市场 |
[43:27] | because he sees it all going away. | 因为他可以预见资金的流失 |
[43:29] | Him giving up trading | 他如果放弃交易 |
[43:31] | would necessitate a reinvention of who he is. | 就必须要重新定义他自己 |
[43:34] | I’ve seen him walk away from the table on an impulse | 我曾经见到他一气之下退出交易 |
[43:37] | when we were certain that only a deal | 而当时我们确定那个交易 |
[43:40] | would keep him out of prison. | 是唯一能帮他免于牢狱之灾的机会 |
[43:41] | No one gets where he got by acting only on impulse. | 只靠冲动是不可能达到他的地位的 |
[43:44] | When it comes to billionaires and Bobby Axelrod in particular, | 说起亿万富翁 特别是波比·阿克斯罗德时 |
[43:47] | the thing you got to understand is… | 你需要明白的是 |
[43:50] | they’re meat-eaters. | 他们都是肉食主义者 |
[43:51] | The only win they can live with is total, present and future. | 他们只能接受现在和将来的全面获胜 |
[43:55] | If he gave up trading and got his money back, | 如果他放弃交易 拿回资金 |
[43:58] | it’d be because he believed | 那一定是因为他坚信 |
[43:59] | he was gonna kick our asses at trial. | 他会在法庭上把我们打得落花流水 |
[44:03] | He expects to get all of it, everything. | 他鱼和熊掌都想要 一个不少 |
[44:06] | That’s who he is. | 这就是他的为人 |
[44:08] | But still, we keep the pressure on. | 但是 我们依然要施加压力 |
[44:11] | See if he makes a mistake now that it’s all on the line. | 事态已经一触即发 就看他会不会出错 |
[44:14] | And then, no matter what he does, | 然后 不管他做了什么 |
[44:17] | we have to position ourselves | 我们一定要做好应对 |
[44:18] | to claim victory. | 以获得胜利 |
[44:30] | Here, boy. | 跟我来 |
[44:35] | Okay, break it down for me. | 说给我听听 |
[44:36] | We are the Czechoslovakian gymnastics team in the ’70s. | 我们是七十年代的捷克体操队 |
[44:39] | A lot of pride for what this country was, | 曾经是整个国家的骄傲 |
[44:41] | but if something doesn’t change soon, defections are coming. | 但是如果我们不做出改变的话 我们就会落后 |
[44:46] | How’d Taylor do? | 泰勒表现如何 |
[44:47] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[44:49] | -I’m not asking you to rat. -I mean, you are. | -我不是让你做内奸啊 -你就是这个意思 |
[44:53] | Well, I won’t tell anyone it came from you, but– | 我不会告诉别人是你说的 但是 |
[44:54] | It was a shit show. | 一塌糊涂 |
[44:59] | Yeah. Get me Taylor, Wags, and Wendy. | 把泰勒 瓦格斯和温蒂叫来 |
[45:04] | Why the fuck did you lead the first morning meeting back | 你第一天为什么要在温蒂不在的时候 |
[45:07] | without Wendy there to handle the troops? | 开早会管理团队 |
[45:09] | – Taylor handled it, as well– – I’m talking to both of you, | -泰勒也牵头了 -我说的是你们两个 |
[45:11] | and from what “Dollar Bill” tells me, it was a shit show. | “美元大亨”告诉我 会开得一塌糊涂 |
[45:13] | – Hey, you ratted. – I pay for the information. | -说好的不说呢 -我花钱买来的信息 |
[45:16] | It’s mine to use. That’s how it goes. | 想怎么用是我自己的事 |
[45:21] | Wendy wasn’t here. She was with you, I gather. | 温蒂不在 我认为她跟你在一起 |
[45:23] | We needed ideas. We needed to come together — | 我们需要想法 需要聚在一起 |
[45:25] | So you made a bad thing worse by jumping in | 所以你在毫无计划时就主动请缨 |
[45:27] | – before you had a plan, and — -No, Axe. | -让事情变得更糟吗 -不是的 阿克斯 |
[45:29] | It wouldn’t have mattered who was in the room | 是谁跟基金经理和交易员开会 |
[45:31] | with the PMs and the traders. | 根本不重要 |
[45:32] | It was always gonna be a shit show | 只要说的不是”我们资金解冻了” |
[45:33] | if the message wasn’t “We’re liquid again.” | 那会议肯定是一团乱麻 |
[45:35] | – Hallelujah. – Don’t be an ass. | -说得对 -别这么混蛋 |
[45:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[45:38] | I meant Axe, but you, too, Bill. | 我是说阿克斯 但是比尔 你也是 |
[45:40] | Will you leave us alone for a minute? | 能让我们单独待一会吗 |
[45:47] | Whoever you’re trying to destroy, stop. | 不管你想要毁掉谁 停下来吧 |
[45:49] | You need to focus on fighting for your freedom. | 你需要为自己的自由而奋斗 |
[45:52] | You know what you’re suggesting I do. | 你知道你在建议我做什么吗 |
[45:54] | The one thing you can do right now. | 那是你现在唯一能做的事情 |
[45:57] | You taught me an average trader makes a trade and feels good. | 你告诉过我普通交易员完成交易会感觉良好 |
[46:00] | A great trader makes a trade and feels nothing, | 优秀的交易员完成交易不会有任何感觉 |
[46:03] | as in be cold and act. | 他保持冷静 专注执行 |
[46:04] | Don’t get hung up on emotion. | 别被情感左右 |
[46:06] | Give up trading till the case is over. | 在案子结束之前 别再做交易了 |
[46:10] | You get it back if you win. | 如果你赢了 就能赢回一切 |
[46:11] | If you lose, you’ve got bigger problems. | 如果你输了 你就会有更大的麻烦 |
[46:14] | Let them trade for you, then feed the press a line | 让他们帮你交易 然后证明给媒体看 |
[46:16] | about how it proves the government has no case. | 案子的事根本就是子虚乌有 |
[46:19] | Unless you’re worried about something harder to admit, | 除非你担心一些更难启齿的事情 |
[46:23] | that Taylor will be the public face of Axe Cap and not you. | 泰勒将取代你成为阿克斯资本的公众形象 |
[46:27] | It’s Theseus’s Ship. | 这是忒修斯悖论 |
[46:28] | Once you change out the sails and all the planks | 一但你换掉了船帆和甲板 |
[46:30] | that make up the hull, whose ship is it? | 船还是原来的船吗 |
[46:33] | Yeah. You got it. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[46:36] | As long as it’s your money, | 只要还是你的钱 |
[46:38] | it is still Axe Capital, | 不论谁来做日常决策 |
[46:40] | no matter who’s making the day-to-day decisions. | 这里都还是阿克斯资本 |
[46:43] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[46:46] | It’s not me that has to be sure. | 要确定的人不是我 |
[47:02] | – Yes? – I’m holding in my hand | -你好 -我手里拿着的是 |
[47:03] | Robert Axelrod’s signature relinquishing his ability | 罗伯特·阿克斯罗德放弃证券交易权的 |
[47:05] | to trade securities. | 签名文件 |
[47:07] | He gave it up. | 他放弃了 |
[47:10] | Well… | 很好 |
[47:13] | Ol’ Samson got a real buzz cut. | 他真是大出血了 |
[47:16] | Uh, we need to get our version out right away. | 我们也要马上拟一份文件出来 |
[47:18] | I’ve already taken steps. | 我已经写好了 |
[47:20] | A.G. On the phone. | 检察长的电话 |
[47:22] | Got to go, Ollie. | 先挂了 小奥 |
[47:27] | Rhoades. | 我是罗兹 |
[47:28] | Is this really the Attorney of the United States | 跟我说话的真是负责纽约南区的 |
[47:31] | for the Southern District? | 美国联邦检察官吗 |
[47:32] | Am I that lucky? | 我运气有这么好 |
[47:33] | There must be streams in the desert. | 简直是荒漠遇上了甘泉 |
[47:35] | General, a pleasure. | 检察长 荣幸之至 |
[47:38] | Your predecessor called once a term. | 您的上一任可不常打电话过来 |
[47:40] | I’m in the habit of counting the herd | 我习惯每天都把自己的羊群 |
[47:42] | at the end of the day, Chuck. | 清点一遍 查克 |
[47:44] | Sure. | 那当然 |
[47:45] | Eastern had a good day today. | 今天东区有个好消息 |
[47:47] | Axelrod’s put his office keys on Dake’s desk. | 阿克斯罗德把办公室钥匙交给了戴克 |
[47:49] | Good for them. | 恭喜他们俩 |
[47:51] | But you’re calling because you want to make sure | 而你打电话过来是因为你想确定 |
[47:53] | that I have adjusted the priorities. | 我调整了我的首要安排 |
[47:55] | Pass the message along. | 亲自把消息传给我 |
[47:56] | I’m a thorough man. | 我这个人讲求周到仔细 |
[47:58] | As am I. It’s done. | 我也是 事已解决 |
[48:01] | Attaboy. | 干得好 |
[48:03] | I’ll eagerly await our next chat. | 我衷心期待我们的下一次通话 |
[48:11] | Hey, you boys ready to go? | 你们俩准备好出发了吗 |
[48:14] | Daddy’s got to head out. | 爸爸要动身了 |
[48:15] | – See ya, fellas. – Later. | -再见 小子们 -再见 |
[48:16] | Go wait in the car. I’ll be right down. | 进到车里等 我马上就来 |
[48:22] | Your office said the money’s unfrozen. | 你们办公室的人说资金解冻了 |
[48:24] | Yeah, I told ’em to call you. | 是的 我叫他们打你电话 |
[48:26] | Should I have it wired to Birch? | 我是不是该把钱都汇给博奇 |
[48:29] | No, Bobby. | 不用 波比 |
[48:30] | I pictured you two running around together. | 我想象着你们俩到处奔波的样子 |
[48:32] | That fuckin’ starter plane of his. | 还有他的那架小飞机 |
[48:34] | I wouldn’t be caught dead in that sardine can. | 我可不会去坐那架沙丁鱼罐头丢人现眼 |
[48:44] | The money, Bobby. | 至于那些钱 波比 |
[48:48] | Just don’t fuckin’ lose it. | 别把钱输光了 |
[48:51] | Now, there’s one bitter thing that we have to swallow | 在大家享用美味捞面的同时 |
[48:53] | along with this delicious lo mein. | 有一件事情却让人难以下咽 |
[48:57] | We have to slow down on a couple of cases. | 我们手里有几件案子得缓一缓了 |
[49:05] | You like giving up those cases? | 你愿意放弃那些案子吗 |
[49:07] | – I hate it. – Me, too. | -不愿意 -我也是 |
[49:09] | No A.G. picks our cases. I’m chafing against it. | 检察长也不能指手画脚 我对此很烦躁 |
[49:13] | I’m chafed. | 我非常生气 |
[49:15] | So, are we gonna do something about it? | 所以我们要做点什么吗 |
[49:17] | When I know, you’ll know. | 等我清楚了 你也就明白了 |
[49:21] | IoT, you know? | 你知道IoT吗 |
[49:23] | Sure, Internet of Things. | 当然知道 物联网 |
[49:25] | When companies that make appliances and digital thermostats | 生产家电和数字温控器的公司 |
[49:28] | contract with the firms that manufacture the microchips | 为了让自己的产品智能化 |
[49:31] | to make their products smart, | 而跟芯片生产商合作 |
[49:32] | the connected things inside, | 对于里面联网的部件 |
[49:34] | they force the chip companies to sign nondisclosures. | 他们会迫使芯片公司签署保密协议 |
[49:36] | They don’t want their competitors to be able to mimic them. | 他们不希望竞争对手有能力去效仿自己 |
[49:38] | Right, so it’s hard to know | 没错 所以很难弄清 |
[49:39] | which chip companies are poised to dominate the market. | 是哪一家芯片公司在主导着市场 |
[49:42] | My theory? | 我的方法是 |
[49:44] | If we could find a common component | 如果我们能够在不同的设备里 |
[49:45] | among a bunch of varied devices– | 找到相同的某个部件 |
[49:47] | You could reverse-engineer it. | 我们就可以反溯到这家公司 |
[49:48] | You have fun smashing shit apart? | 拆解的过程还算惬意吧 |
[49:50] | A blast. And I found a component | 相当的 我找到的部件 |
[49:52] | that matched the specs for a Quartes chip. | 和科特士芯片的规格相符 |
[49:55] | So I called Quartes and claimed to be building | 所以我打电话给科特士声称自己要 |
[49:57] | an Internet-connected washing machine | 开发一款联网洗衣机 |
[49:58] | that sends a message to the owner when the laundry is done. | 可以在洗衣结束的时候给用户发送信息 |
[50:01] | Got the full specs on their latest chips. | 然后我拿到了他们最新款芯片的详细数据 |
[50:03] | – And they matched. – That they did. | -匹配成功 -没错 |
[50:05] | Everyone tries to hide it, | 每家企业都想隐瞒 |
[50:06] | but Quartes is the main supplier | 但市面上85%的物联网产品 |
[50:08] | for 85% of IoT products on the market. | 都由科特士供货 |
[50:10] | So, that’s the shot? | 所以这就是机会 |
[50:11] | That’s the shot. | 这就是机会 |
[50:13] | It plays. Good work. | 找到了 干得漂亮 |
[50:16] | You’d have found something like it if you weren’t– | 你可以找到类似的 如果你不 |
[50:17] | That’s why I have you, Taylor. | 所以我才找了你 泰勒 |
[50:19] | It’s a good thing that you can deliver | 我不能出面时你可以做到 |
[50:21] | when I can’t, not a bad thing. | 这是好事 不是坏事 |
[50:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:24] | Once you leave here, | 你走出这里之后 |
[50:25] | we can’t really talk individual names | 我们就要在相当长的一段时间里 |
[50:26] | of companies again for a long time. | 不能谈论任何个人或公司了 |
[50:28] | Management issues, sure, but not stocks. | 可以谈论管理事务 但股票不行 |
[50:30] | It’ll all be up to you. | 一切都看你了 |
[50:32] | I can’t be seen to be guiding the firm. | 不能让人发现我在为公司出谋划策 |
[50:35] | It’ll look as though I’m violating the terms of my deal. | 如果是那样 我就违反了交易条款 |
[50:37] | I know. You saved the firm by doing what you did. | 我知道 你采取行动拯救了公司 |
[50:40] | We bought back into the market late in the position. | 我们建仓重回市场 |
[50:43] | Tonight’s a big one for me. | 今晚对我很重要 |
[50:51] | The most important managers in the business will be there. | 业内最有分量的经理人会到场 |
[50:54] | Between them, they cover all the meaningful strategies | 他们手中握有当前股市上 |
[50:56] | currently in play. | 所有有用的策略 |
[51:01] | Quite the cotillion. | 沙龙分量不小啊 |
[51:04] | It’s the social event of the season. | 这是这季度最重要的社交场合 |
[51:07] | Tonight plants our flag for the future. | 今晚是我们掌握未来话语权的机会 |
[51:09] | This room will set the agenda for what the industry’s | 就在这屋里 我们将为整个业界定下 |
[51:11] | talking about for the next week, month, year. | 未来几周 几个月 几年内的关注焦点 |
[51:14] | And what they will be talking about is Axe Capital. | 而这个焦点就是阿克斯资本 |
[51:34] | All right, guys. | 好了孩子们 |
[51:35] | Mom and Dad are going to their therapist. | 妈妈和爸爸要去看心理医生了 |
[51:37] | Hour of screen time only, okay? | 只能看一小时电视 好吗 |
[51:39] | Probably grab a bite afterwards, but we won’t be late. | 我们之后可能会去吃点东西 但不会晚回 |
[51:42] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[51:42] | Bye. | 再见 |
[51:43] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜拜 -拜拜 |
[52:19] | Look at all the trouble you’ve caused. | 看看你惹得这些麻烦 |
[52:22] | What a disgrace. | 真是丢脸 |
[52:25] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[52:26] | He’s almost beyond reclamation. | 他几乎无药可救了 |
[52:28] | I can’t stand the sight of this dog. | 我真是受不了他一直在我眼前 |
[52:32] | I want to leave him here, | 我想把他留在这 |
[52:34] | and I’m tempted to take you with me. | 我想让你跟我一起走 |
[52:37] | It’s up to you, mistress. | 由你决定 女主人 |
[52:39] | Leave with me or administer the required corrections. | 跟我一起走 还是实施必要的惩罚 |
[52:46] | He’s in need of punishment. | 他需要受罚 |
[52:49] | I’ll stay. | 我留下 |
[53:04] | Have you missed this? | 你怀念这一切吗 |
[53:07] | Then why aren’t you showing the proper appreciation? | 那为什么没看出你有感激之情呢 |
[53:09] | I should put you in this fucking cage. | 我真他妈应该把你关在笼子里 |
[53:12] | Perhaps you’re in need of something deeper? | 还是说你想被重罚 |
[53:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[53:18] | Have you missed this? | 你怀念这一切吗 |
[53:20] | It’s not about me. | 我的感受与此无关 |
[53:22] | Or maybe you found, uh, other outlets. | 还是说你找到别的排解方式了 |
[53:26] | How dare you question me? | 什么时候轮到你问我问题 |
[53:29] | I can take care of my own needs. | 我自有解决需求的办法 |
[53:33] | Explored other fantasies, then? | 这么说你去尝试了其他幻想 |
[53:34] | What fantasies exactly? | 你说的幻想具体指什么 |
[53:38] | You being with other men. | 你跟别的男人一起 |
[53:44] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[53:48] | That’s your fantasy. | 那是你自己的幻想 |
[53:51] | You’re that pathetic, aren’t you? | 你就是这么可悲 对吧 |
[53:54] | I am. I am. | 没错 我是 |
[53:57] | I want to hear about you and– | 我想听你跟 |
[54:00] | Young men? | 年轻的鲜肉 |
[54:01] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对对对 |
[54:09] | Will he be handsome, rich? | 他很帅吧 还有钱 |
[54:11] | – Of course. – Yeah? | -当然了 -是吗 |
[54:12] | He’s brilliant. | 他棒极了 |
[54:14] | Barely 30 years old. | 还没满三十岁 |
[54:17] | – With the washboard abs? – Oh, yeah, he’s ripped. | -有着八块腹肌 -当然 一身的腱子肉 |
[54:19] | Tell me! | 告诉我细节 |
[54:21] | That’s how you want to be punished? | 这就是你想要的惩罚方式吗 |
[54:23] | Yes! Yes! | 对 没错 |
[54:27] | It’s — It’s the most excruciating thing | 这是我能想到的 |
[54:30] | that I can think of. | 最让我煎熬的事情了 |
[54:31] | I want to know what he does to you, | 我想知道他是怎么上你的 |
[54:33] | what you do to him. | 你又是怎么撩他的 |
[54:38] | We’re somewhere private. | 我们在一处私密的地方 |
[54:39] | – A hotel? – A hotel. | -在酒店 -对 酒店 |
[54:42] | White sheets thrown around us. | 白色的床单散落在我们周围 |
[54:44] | Our clothes are off. | 我们赤裸相对 |
[54:48] | Hands and mouths on bare skin. | 手与嘴同时享受着对方的肉体 |
[54:51] | I take him in my hands. | 我抓住了他的男根 |
[54:56] | Is he– | 他是不是 |
[54:57] | Yeah, hard. | 对 坚硬 |
[54:59] | Thick. | 粗大 |
[55:02] | I give myself to him | 我把自己交付给他 |
[55:04] | and let him do whatever he wants. | 任他摆弄我的身体 |
[55:10] | Is it good? | 你很舒服吧 |
[55:11] | Good? No. It’s fucking amazing. | 舒服 不 简直爽爆了 |
[55:19] | He understands me. | 他懂我的身体 |
[55:22] | He knows exactly what I need. | 知道我内心最渴求的是什么 |
[55:49] | Oh, Axe is so fucked! From the Journal: | 阿克斯彻底玩完 日报写道 |
[55:52] | “Government defangs Axelrod, barred from trading.” | “政府拔去阿克斯罗德獠牙 禁止其交易” |
[55:55] | I’d love to agree, but I think he bested those fuckers, | 我也想赞同你 但我认为他战胜了那帮烂人 |
[55:57] | and so does B.I. | 也有报道赞同我 |
[55:58] | “Axe Capital poised to plunge heavy back into the markets.” | “阿克斯资本蓄势待发 准备强势回归市场” |
[56:01] | He has his money. What else does he need? | 他把钱拿回来了 还需要别的吗 |
[56:03] | To do with as he pleases. But what’s the fucking point? | 他爱怎么花怎么花 但那他妈又有什么用 |
[56:06] | He’s gonna be here soon. | 他很快就会来了 |
[56:08] | We’re gonna know by the look on his face what happened. | 从他的表情里我们就能知道到底发生了什么 |
[56:10] | Either he crushed them, | 要么是他击溃了政府 |
[56:12] | or he’s become the government’s favorite bitch. | 要么是他屈膝成了政府的小媳妇 |
[56:23] | Who’s this? | 你谁啊 |
[56:26] | I’m Taylor Mason, | 我叫泰勒·梅森 |
[56:27] | Chief Investment Officer, Axe Capital, | 阿克斯资本的首席投资官 |
[56:29] | and I have a silver-backed fucking gorilla of an idea. | 而我有一个绝世无双的好点子 |
[56:33] | It’s an angle of attack on an Internet sector | 瞄准的是互联网的一个板块 |
[56:35] | that’s worth 12X what you think it is. | 潜在价值是你们以为的十二倍 |
[56:37] | But the sector is only the beginning. | 但这只是开始 |
[56:40] | I’ll walk you through both the technical side | 我会为你们详细介绍技术细节 |
[56:42] | and the types of derivatives that are available | 以及市场上已有的衍生品 |
[56:44] | to both bet on it and to effectively hedge it | 这样我们既能赌价 又能有效对冲 |
[56:46] | so that the play is risk-neutral. | 以实现风险中性 |
[56:52] | That’s how Axe Cap is doing it. | 这就是阿克斯资本的做法 |