时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | Sandicot’s not getting the gaming license. | 桑迪科特没拿到博彩牌照 |
[00:12] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选择了能够 |
[00:14] | that will bring the greatest benefit | 为最多的人 |
[00:16] | to the greatest number of people. | 谋取最大利益的地点 |
[00:18] | The gaming license was the guarantee | 博彩牌照是桑迪科特 |
[00:19] | that Sandicot would pay off the notes. | 能够兑付债券的保证 |
[00:21] | So, it’s fallen upon all of you to figure out | 现在要靠你们大家来想办法 |
[00:23] | how to get us un-fucked. | 让我们不会完蛋了 |
[00:26] | Austerity. It’s your only option. | 紧缩 这是唯一的选择 |
[00:28] | Axe Cap was not what I thought it would be. | 阿克斯资本不是我想的那样 |
[00:31] | You care to be a little more specific? | 你能具体说一下 |
[00:32] | I’m supposed to give their lawyer a heads-up, | 我应该事先通知他们的律师 |
[00:35] | but I think I’m pretty safe to talk… | 但要是你们带着传票来 |
[00:38] | if you bring me a subpoena. | 我觉得谈谈也没什么大碍 |
[00:39] | The Churchill World War II. | 丘吉尔的《第二次世界大战回忆录》 |
[00:41] | You sure, Chuck? | 查克 你确定吗 |
[00:42] | “Never give in. Never give in.” | 永不放弃 永不放弃 |
[00:44] | From the day I passed the bar, | 自从我获得律师资格 |
[00:46] | I have said those words to myself | 每个审判日的清晨 |
[00:48] | the first morning of every trial. | 我就对自己说这番话 |
[00:51] | You can still say the words. | 你依然可以说这番话 |
[00:53] | Hello. I’m Taylor. | 你好 我叫泰勒 |
[00:54] | My pronouns are “They,” “Theirs,” and “Them.” | 我是性少数群体 |
[00:57] | You see things differently. That’s an edge. | 你看问题眼光独到 那是一种优势 |
[01:01] | That’s Camelot right there. | 真是够风光的啊 |
[01:01] | 查克·罗兹绕场一圈庆祝胜利 美国检察官如何扳倒斯巴坦-艾弗斯的劳伦斯·博伊德 | |
[01:03] | That is a picture of a man running for office. | 这就是一个想要竞选公职的人的照片 |
[01:06] | Our deal hold? | 咱们的交易还算数吗 |
[01:08] | Yes, but not for you. | 是的 但是不包括你 |
[01:09] | You want a session? See someone else. | 你想要咨询的话 请找别人 |
[01:11] | My office is off-limits. | 不许你进我的办公室 |
[01:12] | I should’ve told you about Wendy before I even spoke to her. | 我应该和温蒂谈之前先告诉你的 |
[01:15] | What if I won’t see her? I’ll draw a line. | 如果我本人绝不见她呢 我会划清界限 |
[01:18] | Black Jack Foley. | 黑杰克·富利 |
[01:20] | How are you, Charles? | 你好吗 查尔斯 |
[01:21] | I’ll be better if you help me out with a little something. | 如果你能帮我个小忙 我就会更好了 |
[01:24] | I know what you and your two daddies | 我知道你和你的两个”好爸爸” |
[01:25] | did up in Sandicot. | 在桑迪科特做了什么好事了 |
[01:54] | Thanks, Wags, but…really? | 谢谢 瓦格斯 不过…你没开玩笑吧 |
[01:58] | You got me VR goggles? | 送我VR眼镜 |
[01:58] | What, am I turning 13? | 怎么 这是我十三岁生日吗 |
[02:01] | If you were, Uncle Wagsy would be getting you laid | 要是的话 瓦格斯叔叔会让你好好享受一番 |
[02:03] | by the most beautiful call girl in the state. | 全国最美应召女郎的床上功夫 |
[02:05] | But you’re a big man having a big birthday, | 但你是个要过大生日的大人物 |
[02:07] | so the gift matches. | 所以得送配得上你身份的礼物 |
[02:09] | And you’re not there yet. | 还没参观完 |
[02:12] | It’s called The Arque, | 这地方名叫阿尔克 |
[02:13] | the foremost luxury bunker for end times. | 最棒的豪华末日地堡 |
[02:17] | A hedge against humanity. | 防止人类世界灭亡的保障 |
[02:23] | Stocks of non-perishable food, | 地堡内存有不易腐烂的食物 |
[02:26] | water purification equipment, seed banks, | 净水设备 种子库 |
[02:30] | DNA cold storage, medical supplies, | DNA冷库 医药用品 |
[02:33] | and surgical equipment. | 以及手术器械 |
[02:36] | Everything you need, jefe, | 你所需要的一切尽在其中 头儿 |
[02:37] | even weapons. | 连武器也不在话下 |
[02:39] | – For what? – I don’t know. | -有什么用 -不知道 |
[02:41] | Terrorists. Cannibals. | 消灭恐怖分子 抵御食人族 |
[02:45] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[02:47] | This coin means that you’ve got a spot reserved. | 这枚硬币代表你已经预定了其中的一席之地 |
[02:50] | I made the down payment. | 我付好定金了 |
[02:51] | And I’m not too classy to say that it ran me 360K. | 抛开面子我得告诉你这一切花了我三十六万 |
[02:59] | Sic Transit Imperium. | [拉丁语] |
[02:59] | 改编自拉丁谚语Sic Transit Gloria Mundi 意为世间的荣耀就此消失 | |
[03:00] | “So passes the empire.” | “帝国就此消逝” |
[03:06] | Thanks, Wags. | 谢谢 瓦格斯 |
[03:07] | I can see you put a lot of thought into this. | 可以看出你花了很多心思准备这份礼物 |
[03:09] | You get a spot for yourself? | 你给自己买了吗 |
[03:11] | If humanity has to be rebuilt, | 要是人类世界必需重建 |
[03:13] | it sure as fuck shouldn’t be in my image. | 绝对不会建成我想象的那样 |
[03:15] | Besides, you know I wanna be on the outside, | 除此之外 我想留在外面 |
[03:18] | rocking with the marauders. | 和掠夺者一起行动 |
[03:22] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[03:27] | You went with a sailcloth option. | 你选了帆布 |
[03:30] | Tent. | 搭帐篷的材料 |
[03:31] | Oh, yeah. Lara picked it. | 对 萝拉选的 |
[03:37] | Axelrod has never made a move as brazen, | 阿克斯罗德从未有过如此胆大妄为的举动 |
[03:40] | as public as looting a working class town. | 公开抢夺一个以工薪阶层为主体的城镇 |
[03:43] | Yeah, now he’s like the bad guy in a Springsteen song. | 是 他现在就跟斯普林斯汀歌里唱的坏人一样 |
[03:43] | 美国著名摇滚歌手 作品专注于描写工薪阶层人民的情绪困扰 | |
[03:46] | Exactly so. | 没错 |
[03:47] | Oh, he’s the boss man closing down the factory | 他就是那个关闭工厂的老板 |
[03:49] | and kicking Johnny 99 to the street. | 解雇了后来被判了99年刑期的约翰尼 |
[03:51] | We’re going to attack. | 我们该出手了 |
[03:53] | Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[03:54] | Now the thrust of this muni-bond deal, | 现在这笔市政债券交易的主旨 |
[03:56] | buying of the debt, forcing austerity… | 就是买下债务 强制紧缩… |
[03:58] | Austerity. What a lovely word | 紧缩 好一个用来描述 |
[04:00] | for fucking the life out of 180,000 people. | 毁了十八万人生活的漂亮字眼 |
[04:03] | Yeah. Well, the bond deal itself, | 是啊 尽管这笔债券交易是不道德的 |
[04:05] | reprehensible as it is, is completely legal. | 但其本身完全合法 |
[04:08] | It’s the timing that’s suspect. | 时机可疑罢了 |
[04:09] | Axe jumped in when he did because he knew something. | 阿克斯一定是知道了些什么才会最终决定出手 |
[04:12] | We laser in on how he came by the information, | 我们仔细排查了他是如何获得信息 |
[04:15] | who’s involved, how money may have changed hands. | 参与其中的人员 钱如何转手 |
[04:17] | Information like this is never free. | 这种信息绝不会是无偿的 |
[04:19] | There’s bribes and payoffs under it. | 暗地里定有金钱交易 |
[04:21] | Real Meeting Across the River shit. | 现实版《对岸见》歌里的故事 |
[04:25] | What, only white men can listen to The Boss? | 怎么 只有白人能听斯普林斯汀的歌 |
[04:27] | Oh, not at all. No. | 不 不是这样的 |
[04:28] | In fact, like the main character in that deep cut, | 事实上 就跟那首歌里的主人公一样 |
[04:31] | Axe is not gonna win here. | 阿克斯这次不会成功 |
[04:32] | Something has to tie back to him. | 这里面一定有什么与他密切相关的把柄 |
[04:34] | We’re on a path. Uh, Location Board, Gaming Commission. | 我们正在查 选址委员会 博彩委员会 |
[04:37] | Uh, it’s Albany. | 都归州政府管 |
[04:39] | You can’t have a PTA bake sale without kickbacks. | 若不能从中获利 州政府是不会行此义举的 |
[04:41] | Let’s mount up. | 赶紧着手调查吧 |
[04:43] | Sandicot team has a long drive ahead of us. | 桑迪科特那伙人快我们好几步 |
[04:46] | Kate? That subpoena come through for Steph Reed? | 凯特 传唤斯特·里德的传票办好了吗 |
[04:49] | Thirty minutes ago. I will have her in here this afternoon. | 半小时前就好了 今天下午我会传唤她过来 |
[04:52] | It’s a big deal, source that close. | 这是条大鱼 咬住了 |
[04:56] | You have my complete confidence. | 我对你充满信心 |
[04:59] | I thought Connerty did. | 我以为康纳蒂才有此殊荣 |
[05:02] | I have enough confidence to go around. | 我有足够多的信心分配给你们每一个人 |
[05:07] | Aparicio Rodriguez. | 阿帕里西奥·罗德里格斯 |
[05:09] | Plays third. | 打三垒手的位置 |
[05:10] | Kid’s the next Sal Bando. | 这孩子就是下一个萨尔·班多 |
[05:10] | 前职业棒球联赛三垒手 曾效力于奥克兰运动家队和密尔瓦基酿酒人队 | |
[05:12] | First round draft pick next June. | 明年六月第一轮选秀 |
[05:14] | I’ve been paying for private lessons for him since he was 13 | 从他十三岁起我就花钱让他上私教课 |
[05:17] | in exchange for a chunk of the kid’s future signing bonus. | 换来了这孩子未来一大笔的签约费 |
[05:20] | It’s recoup time. | 到投资回收的时候了 |
[05:22] | 2,000 percent ROI… | 百分之两千的投资回报率 |
[05:25] | even counting the dozen other kids | 即使算上我花在其他十几个 |
[05:26] | I invested in but had to cut loose. | 没能成才的孩子身上的钱 仍赚了不少 |
[05:29] | All right, guys, take a break! | 好了各位 休息一下 |
[05:30] | Rodriguez, bring it in. | 罗德里格斯 休息了 |
[05:35] | I got you a birthday present. | 我给你准备了一份生日礼物 |
[05:36] | – Him? – No. Klaxon. | -他吗 -不 是克莱克森 |
[05:38] | Belgian car company. | 一家比利时汽车公司 |
[05:40] | An auto scheme? | 在汽车业空手套白狼吗 |
[05:42] | I’d rather have the ballplayer. | 我宁愿你给我那名球手 |
[05:43] | At least this guy can hit. | 至少这家伙能击球[达到目的] |
[05:44] | This is better. | 我的办法更好 |
[05:46] | It’s something I couldn’t discuss at the office. | 这事我不能在办公室里跟你讨论 |
[05:49] | Did you know about this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[05:50] | Not the details, only that there was something worth hearing. | 未知其详 只知道值得一听 |
[05:52] | I heard rumors. Dug into it off-campus, off the books. | 我听到了传闻 在外花钱深挖了点消息 |
[05:57] | They’re headed for a recall. | 他们打算进行产品召回 |
[05:59] | Major fines, sanctions. | 面临大笔罚款 法律制裁 |
[06:01] | – Bottom’s gonna drop out. – When? | -股价将会暴跌 -什么时候 |
[06:03] | Unknown, but we gotta move fast to lay in our position. | 不知道 不过我们得赶快进仓 |
[06:06] | This news won’t hold long. | 这消息瞒不了多久了 |
[06:08] | What’s your level of certainty? | 消息有多可靠 |
[06:39] | I am not uncertain. | 确信无疑 |
[06:41] | Any particulars I need to know? | 有什么我需要知道的细节吗 |
[06:43] | No. | 没有 |
[06:46] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[06:48] | Wait. This…this is automatic. | 等等 这…这可是汽车业 |
[06:51] | This cow’s got a bolt to its head, | 这头牛头上中了一箭 |
[06:53] | and it’s hanging upside-down. | 倒挂在那里 |
[06:54] | You just gotta carve it up and eat it. | 你只要把它切成块然后吃进肚子里就行了 |
[06:57] | Times are changing. | 时代变了 |
[06:59] | No matter how not uncertain you are, | 不管你对消息来源有多肯定 |
[07:01] | these days, I take a laparoscope to the fucking guts of every deal. | 如今每一笔交易里的所有细节我都要彻查 |
[07:05] | Gents, if I may… What’s to gain? | 先生们 我插一句…有什么好处呢 |
[07:07] | A hundred million? It’s a drop in the bucket. | 赚一个亿吗 这只不过是九牛一毛罢了 |
[07:09] | It’s not worth giving the government the opening. | 不值得留下把柄给政府 |
[07:12] | Perfectly said, Wags. | 说得好 瓦格斯 |
[07:13] | Has he made you afraid of Rhoades, | 是他在你耳边整天嘀咕些没种的说辞 |
[07:15] | whispering pussy excuses in your ear? | 让你变得害怕罗兹了吗 |
[07:17] | You’re really that fucking scared, Axe? | 你他妈的真那么害怕吗 阿克斯 |
[07:18] | You back off, Bill. | 少说几句 比尔 |
[07:20] | Why? ‘Cause he can end my world, | 为什么 就因为他能终结我的生活 |
[07:23] | burn my contacts, | 让我的线人引火烧身 |
[07:24] | and keep every cent of my bonus for himself? | 并且把我奖金里的每一分钱都归为己有 |
[07:26] | That…That’s supposed to make me hold my tongue? | 所以我要管住我的嘴吗 |
[07:28] | – Fuck, yeah. – See? That… | -操 没错 -看见没 这… |
[07:29] | That’s why you will never buy and sell equities. | 这就是你永远无法买卖股票的原因 |
[07:32] | No, all that’s supposed to make me more brazen | 相反 在我知道我是正确的时候 |
[07:34] | when I know I’m fucking right. | 这一切让我变得更加肆无忌惮 |
[07:36] | It’s okay, Wags. It’s okay. | 没事的 瓦格斯 没事 |
[07:40] | Come Here. | 过来 |
[07:46] | If I were standing where you are, | 如果我站在你的角度 |
[07:49] | I’d be even more strident in my approach. | 我的方法会更尖锐 |
[07:52] | But I’m standing here, so I have to be the opposite… | 但我现在在这个位置 所以恰恰相反 |
[07:54] | reflective, calm, considered. | 我必须冷静思考 深思熟虑 |
[07:57] | It’s just about who I am at this precise moment in time. | 都是因为此时此刻身在其位 |
[08:01] | What business are we in, hmm? | 我们做的是什么生意 |
[08:03] | I thought it was a business of profit, | 我以为我们做的是赚钱的生意 |
[08:05] | of free men and women, | 是和自由的人做的生意 |
[08:08] | beyond the apparatchiks and their pathetic rules. | 远远高于那些官僚和他们可悲的规则 |
[08:10] | Yeah, all of that and “Who is John Galt?” | 这些都没错 但那又怎样呢 |
[08:13] | Look, I’m a rich man. | 我是个富有的人 |
[08:15] | You’re a very rich man. | 你是个特别富有的人 |
[08:18] | If we can’t live how we want, | 如果我们不能按我们想要的方式生活 |
[08:20] | then the terrorists have already won. | 那恐怖分子已经赢了 |
[08:25] | Back in the cage! | 继续练习 |
[08:27] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[08:32] | What the fuck was that? | 那他妈是怎么回事 |
[08:35] | That was a guy who was giving me all the right questions. | 他向我提出了所有正确的问题 |
[08:56] | We’re looking at a police force at half-capacity. | 我们面临的是削减一半的警力 |
[08:59] | The library is open 12 hours a week. | 图书馆每周只开放12个小时 |
[09:01] | Why, that is…revolting. | 真是 骇人听闻 |
[09:04] | No, I see what’s happening here. | 不 我知道现在是怎么回事 |
[09:06] | You are not invisible. You matter. | 你们不是隐形的 你们很重要 |
[09:09] | Lock him up! | 把他抓起来 |
[09:11] | If the law gives me the power, I will. | 如果法律赋予我这样的权利的话 我会的 |
[09:14] | And… if the law doesn’t, | 如果没有的话 |
[09:17] | well, then somebody needs to get to work changing the law. | 那么就需要有人来改变法律了 |
[09:20] | Yeah. | 说得对 |
[09:22] | Robert Kennedy said, | 罗伯特·肯尼迪说过 |
[09:23] | “Every society gets the criminal it deserves.” | “什么样的社会就有什么样的罪犯” |
[09:26] | Sandicot sure didn’t deserve | 桑迪科特绝对不应该有 |
[09:28] | Bobby Axelrod. | 波比·阿克斯罗德这样的人 |
[09:30] | But you do deserve the law enforcement | 但是你们理应得到我计划的 |
[09:32] | I plan on bringing. | 法律的实施 |
[09:34] | Right, right, right. | 对啊 说得对 对 |
[09:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:46] | You sure you don’t want to talk to ’em? | 你确定你不想和他们说话吗 |
[09:48] | No. I don’t need to sound my own horn. | 不 我不需要吹响我自己的号角 |
[09:51] | Now if the people of Sandicot wanna trumpet it for me… | 如果桑迪科特的人们想要为我吹响号角的话 |
[09:55] | Sir. | 先生 |
[09:58] | Will you come with me? | 您能跟我过来一下吗 |
[10:24] | Impressive ground game, | 令人印象深刻的地推 |
[10:26] | showing me there’s no corner of the state you don’t touch. | 向我展示了在这个州你无孔不入的能力 |
[10:30] | Ah, I planned to be up here. | 我计划了要来这 |
[10:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[10:37] | Ah, so… | 所以… |
[10:42] | Uh, is your granddaughter enjoying Washington? | 你的孙女喜欢华盛顿吗 |
[10:44] | Just getting settled in. | 刚安顿好 |
[10:47] | She and I remain touched by the generosity of your spirit. | 她和我都被你的慷慨大方所感动 |
[10:51] | Good. That’s nice to hear. | 很好 真让人高兴 |
[10:53] | Ah, there’s someone, uh, I need you to see. | 有个人我需要你去见一下 |
[10:57] | George Minchak. | 乔治·明察克 |
[10:59] | – Okay. – She vets all of my candidates. | -好 -她负责审查我所有的候选人 |
[11:01] | You want her to know everything. | 你得把一切都告诉她 |
[11:04] | It’s a stress test. | 这是个压力测试 |
[11:05] | – Yeah. – We prepare for what the opposition will use. | -是 -我们得对对手所准备使用的手段有所准备 |
[11:10] | I’m not really sure I’m entirely comfortable with that. | 我恐怕不是很同意这么做 |
[11:13] | My last candidate who did not use her… | 我上一个没经她审查的候选人 |
[11:16] | was Spitzer. | 是斯皮策 |
[11:18] | I’ll fit her right in. | 我会配合她的 |
[11:19] | And we need to do it right now because of the attention | 我们得马上着手做这件事 因为这次 |
[11:22] | this, uh, unofficial campaign visit will bring. | 非正式竞选活动带来的关注 |
[11:25] | I’d have told you | 我要是知道这件事的影响的话 |
[11:27] | if I’d thought that– | 我早就告诉你了 |
[11:27] | No, you…you don’t need to tell me everything. | 不 你不必什么都告诉我 |
[11:30] | You need to tell Minchak everything. | 你需要把一切都告诉明察克 |
[11:32] | Then Minchak tells me. | 然后明察克再告诉我 |
[11:37] | – That was a joke. – Okay. | -开玩笑的 -好吧 |
[11:39] | Uh, what you’re doing up here, um, feeling their pain? | 你在这边所做的 对他们的痛苦感同身受 |
[11:42] | It’s a time-honored tradition. | 这是历史悠久的传统 |
[11:45] | And the way you refused to, uh, play to the grandstand, | 而你拒绝了的大看台的演讲方式 |
[11:49] | thus ensuring that the, uh, reporters will chase you | 确保了记者们会追着你 |
[11:51] | to the next whistle stop, | 到你的下一站 |
[11:53] | that brings a smile. | 这是好事 |
[11:54] | Yes, I felt that to do interviews at this time | 是的 我觉得此时做采访 |
[11:57] | would only have downside. | 只会有反作用 |
[11:58] | Yeah, it’s as worthless as a $100 dollar bill | 就和你花100美元 |
[12:01] | to a rooster with a hard on. | 让一只公鸡勃起一样没用 |
[12:04] | Well, if you’re thinking of having a meal before you leave, | 如果你想在走之前吃顿饭的话 |
[12:08] | try the Garbage Plate. | 试试”垃圾拼盘” |
[12:09] | It’s a local delicacy. | 当地佳肴 |
[12:11] | That looks hard to resist. | 看起来难以抗拒啊 |
[12:13] | You’ll hardly be able. | 你很难抗拒的 |
[12:18] | Eat the shit out of it. | 大快朵颐吧 |
[12:24] | I’ve been angling to get into investor relations | 16个月以来 我一直想要 |
[12:26] | for 16 months. | 得到投资者关系的工作 |
[12:28] | I didn’t know that. | 我并不知道 |
[12:29] | Does that mean I haven’t been doing it assertively enough? | 也就是说我做的不够果断吗 |
[12:32] | Maybe, um, not necessarily. | 也许吧 但也不一定 |
[12:34] | We can talk about ways to be more clear and more goal-oriented, | 我们可以更清楚 更有目的性地谈谈 |
[12:38] | if that’s what you’re interested in. | 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[12:39] | It’s just…I don’t know what I’d be selling. | 只是 我不知道我在卖什么 |
[12:42] | Sandicot is… | 桑迪科特 |
[12:44] | is hard to swallow, placing the calls, | 难以下咽 打电话 |
[12:47] | crowing about our returns at the expense of a town. | 吹嘘我们在以这个小镇为代价获得的回报 |
[12:51] | Just makes me feel… | 让我觉得… |
[12:54] | so isolated… | 很孤独 |
[12:56] | and kind of sad. | 还有点悲哀 |
[12:58] | A lot of people are having problems with it. | 很多人都对此有意见 |
[13:01] | Do you ever feel that way, | 你有过这样的感觉吗 |
[13:03] | like the things we have to do compromise us somehow? | 就像我们必须做的事不知怎的会令我们妥协 |
[13:09] | This isn’t about me. | 这和我无关 |
[13:14] | But why are you feeling this way? | 但是为什么你这么觉得 |
[13:15] | Is it just about Sandicot? | 只是因为桑迪科特吗 |
[13:17] | No. There are other things that I see. | 不 还有别的事情 |
[13:20] | And I remember being a kid and our reverend saying, | 我记得当我还是个孩子的时候 我们的牧师说 |
[13:24] | -“He who looks –” -Yeah, we need to stop here. | -“他…” -我们今天只能到这了 |
[13:29] | I’m not sure having an overgrown conscience | 我不确定你泛滥的良知 |
[13:31] | is gonna help you get that investor relations job, | 会帮你得到那个投资者关系的工作 |
[13:34] | you know? | 知道吗 |
[13:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | You know what I hate? | 你知道我讨厌什么吗 |
[13:46] | Fish, fowl, or mammal? | 鱼 家禽 哺乳动物 |
[13:48] | Learning something about myself. | 了解我自己 |
[13:49] | When is that bullshit just gonna stop? | 这种事什么时候能停止 |
[13:51] | – Dollar Bill? – What he said, | -“美元大亨” -他所说的 |
[13:53] | he’s kind of right. I’ve become a pussy. | 倒也没错 我是变得有些没种了 |
[13:56] | No. We just made a choice to stop living on the edge is all. | 不 我们只是选择不再生活在危险边缘了而已 |
[14:00] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[14:02] | What’d she say? | 她说什么 |
[14:04] | She told me to suck it up. | 她让我忍着 |
[14:05] | Then she said an overgrown conscience isn’t gonna help me. | 然后她说泛滥的良知是帮不到我的 |
[14:08] | She said that? Okay. She saw through it. | 她那么说的 好了 她看穿了 |
[14:11] | Axe, I was thinking about my position here, | 阿克斯 我在思考我在这里的位置 |
[14:14] | and I think I would make an excellent– | 我觉得我可以做一个很好的 |
[14:15] | It was a script, Deb. Don’t internalize. | 只是编的而已 黛布 别太入戏 |
[14:22] | Look who’s making a racket in Sandicot. | 看看谁在桑迪科特大张旗鼓 |
[14:23] | 美国检察官罗兹到达桑迪科特 与镇议会会晤 | |
[14:26] | He’s coming again, isn’t he? | 他又卷土重来了 对吧 |
[14:28] | He never wasn’t. | 他从来都没离开过 |
[14:33] | Tell Dollar Bill no on Klaxon. | 让美元大亨放弃克莱克森 |
[14:44] | What do you get a billionaire? | 给亿万富翁送什么礼物才好 |
[14:46] | God, I wish I had the stones to skip it. I hate these things. | 天 真希望我能不去 我讨厌这些 |
[14:49] | You love parties. | 你喜欢派对 |
[14:50] | Well, I recently took the Myers-Briggs personality test, | 我最近做了迈尔斯-布里格斯性格测试 |
[14:53] | and it turns out I’m an introvert. | 结果发现我是个内向的人 |
[14:55] | I’m not sure that test is rock-solid. | 我不确定这个测试准不准 |
[14:56] | I thought I like parties, but I don’t. | 我以为我喜欢派对 但其实我不喜欢 |
[14:58] | On a deeper level, it disturbs my equilibrium. | 在更深的层面上 派对会扰乱我的平衡 |
[15:01] | Is that why you woke up the day after the Christmas party | 这就是你在圣诞派对第二天在脱衣舞夜总会 |
[15:02] | in a yellow snow drift behind the strip joint? | 后面的黄色雪堆里醒来的原因吗 |
[15:05] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[15:17] | Bearing of a Roman Centurion? | 要么像罗马军团百夫长一样刚强 |
[15:18] | Or slices through rough seas | 要么像一艘兵船一样 |
[15:21] | – like a Man-O-War? – What? | -冲破汹涌的海 -什么 |
[15:25] | Birthday speech. You got skills? | 生日派对讲话 你有这方面特长吗 |
[15:27] | Not for… all that. | 这方面 没有 |
[15:29] | But the party, I have a conflict. | 但关于派对 我有事冲突了 |
[15:31] | I want to gauge the importance of attending. | 我想了解一下参与派对的重要性 |
[15:33] | Axe doesn’t take attendance, but he knows who’s in the room. | 阿克斯不会出席 但他知道谁来了 |
[15:37] | – I’ll leave it at that. – Fuck. | -我就解释这么多 -靠 |
[15:42] | Did you just say “Fuck”? | 你刚才说了”靠” |
[15:44] | I did. | 是的 |
[15:48] | You’re one of us now. | 恭喜你入伙了 |
[15:58] | What was the nature of your job at Axe Capital | 你怎么理解你在阿克斯资本 |
[16:00] | as you understood it? | 工作的实质 |
[16:02] | I was to be next to Axe in every meeting, | 每场会议中 我都坐在阿克斯身旁 |
[16:06] | to be the firewall against illicit dealings. | 做非法交易的防火墙 |
[16:10] | I was a witness and to make sure | 我是一位见证人 同时要确保 |
[16:13] | things were being done above board. | 每件事光明正大地完成 |
[16:15] | Tell me about Axe. | 和我说说阿克斯吧 |
[16:17] | He was unreadable. | 他是个难以捉摸的人 |
[16:20] | At three o’clock, he was writing checks | 3点钟 他还在写支票 |
[16:23] | to aid earthquake victims in the Caribbean. | 捐助给加勒比海的地震受害者 |
[16:26] | At 3:45, he was cornering the market | 3点45分的时候 他就开始垄断 |
[16:28] | on Churchill first editions just to stick it to an enemy. | 丘吉尔初版书的市场 只为了对付敌人 |
[16:32] | And then one day, he just fragged my ass. | 然后突然有一天 他就把我抛弃了 |
[16:35] | I never really saw it coming. | 我从来没料想过会这样 |
[16:37] | Did he give an explanation? | 他向你解释了吗 |
[16:39] | No. I guess he just didn’t want a witness anymore. | 不 我猜他不想再有见证人了 |
[16:43] | Referred to himself as a Terminator. | 说他自己是终结者 |
[16:46] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[16:47] | A cybernetic organism, programmed to kill. | 一种生控有机体 被写入杀人的程序 |
[16:49] | Living tissue over robotic endoskeleton– | 机器人的内骨骼外是活体组织 |
[16:52] | I’ve seen the movie. I just meant– | 我看过那部电影 我只是想问 |
[16:53] | He has some sort of programmed mission, | 他有某种已经写入程序的任务 |
[16:56] | and I was standing in the way. | 而我挡在了他的面前 |
[17:00] | The day before he fired me, Bill Stearn approached | 他解雇我的前一天 比尔·斯特恩来了 |
[17:02] | with a play that was clearly over the line, | 提到一个绝对过界的手段 |
[17:05] | citing a source named Victor. | 提到了一个叫维克多的线人 |
[17:09] | – Did he say the– – They didn’t talk about it… | -他有说 -他们没有谈论 |
[17:11] | because I was in the room. | 因为我还在旁边 |
[17:13] | But without me, one or both of them would have circled back, | 但我走了之后 他们肯定又重新开始谈了 |
[17:16] | no doubt about it. | 毫无疑问 |
[17:17] | Or else Axe would’ve filled my position. | 否则阿克斯早就找人接替了我的位置 |
[17:19] | No. He wanted no impediments to illegal activity, | 不 他不想让自己的不法活动有阻碍 |
[17:22] | and that’s what he has now. | 而现在他有麻烦了 |
[17:24] | Dollar Bill’s tough. We have a history. | 美元大亨很难搞 我们有过交手 |
[17:29] | Anyone else? | 还有别人吗 |
[17:31] | Try Taylor Mason. | 试试泰勒·梅森 |
[17:34] | They have become something of a prodigy, a go-to. | “她”已经成了某种天才 寻求建议的对象 |
[17:38] | Anything big Axe is wading into, | 不论阿克斯有什么大动作 |
[17:40] | Taylor’s there with a snorkel mask. | 泰勒总是戴好潜水面罩等在那里 |
[17:47] | I believe it’s time, nay, long past time, | 我相信是时候 不 已经等待许久了 |
[17:50] | to transform your charitable arm | 改造你的慈善部门 |
[17:52] | and engender a permanent foundation. | 建立一个永久的基金会 |
[17:55] | Properly stewarded, it will write the name | 如果正确地进行管理 你的善行 |
[17:57] | of your benevolence on the ages, | 就会永载史册 |
[18:00] | alongside Carnegie, Vanderbilt. | 可与卡耐基 范德比尔特相提并论 |
[18:02] | A creation of consequence. | 这是一个重要的创举 |
[18:03] | Because otherwise, what’s it all for? Is that right? | 因为除此之外 还有别的意义吗 对吗 |
[18:07] | I don’t pretend to answer | 我不会回答 |
[18:08] | that which lies in the realm of the theologians. | 这种神学领域的问题 |
[18:11] | Yet you just happened to pitch me legacy on my birthday? | 而你只是恰巧在我生日这天向我提出遗产的事 |
[18:14] | I won’t claim happenstance. | 我不会说这是偶然 |
[18:15] | This is the time when a man like you | 你这样的人是时候 |
[18:17] | allows reflection to dictate action. | 该让思想来决定行为了 |
[18:20] | He thinks I need him to steward this whole legacy thing. | 他认为我需要他来管理这些遗产事务 |
[18:23] | You don’t need me, | 你不一定需要我 |
[18:24] | but I would be qualified for such a position. | 但我可以胜任这样的职位 |
[18:29] | What do you make at your current gig? | 你现在的工作能赚多少 |
[18:30] | I prefer not to really get into that. | 我不太愿意提这个 |
[18:32] | It’s public record, Sean. | 公共记录中也有 肖恩 |
[18:34] | Have some dignity and spare us the time. | 给自己留点面子 为我们省省时间吧 |
[18:36] | Two-hundred twenty-five thousand. | 22.5万 |
[18:38] | Okay. And a, uh, “True steward” | 好吧 还有对于几十亿美元 |
[18:42] | of a multi-billion dollar charitable foundation, | 慈善基金的”正确的管理” |
[18:45] | what would that put me back, Wags? | 这会让我花费多少 瓦格斯 |
[18:46] | In the range of $350,000 to $500,000 a year, | 一年在35至50万之间 |
[18:49] | I think it was. | 我估计是这么多 |
[18:49] | Yeah. See, I have looked into this before. | 对 看吧 我之前研究过这些 |
[18:53] | And you are not the first one in here | 你也不是第一个来这里 |
[18:55] | looking to double his salary. | 想要让自己薪水翻倍的人了 |
[19:00] | But today is your lucky day, | 但今天是你的幸运日 |
[19:02] | because I do want to set up a permanent foundation | 因为我确实想设立一个永久的基金会 |
[19:06] | with you as its steward. | 让你来管理 |
[19:08] | I accept. | 我接受 |
[19:10] | With one urgent recommendation. | 还有一个紧急的建议 |
[19:12] | Cancel your party. | 取消你的派对 |
[19:15] | That’s direct. | 真是直接 |
[19:16] | You just offered me enough, so I have to be. | 你给了我足够的钱 我必须直接一点 |
[19:18] | You cannot throw a lavish party at the very moment | 你不能在这种想要榨取 |
[19:22] | when you’re draining the meager resources | 可供一村小脸红润的孤儿生活的贫乏资源时 |
[19:24] | of what amounts to a village of apple-cheeked orphans. | 举办铺张的派对 |
[19:27] | That party was organized long before Sandicot got grounded. | 这派对是在桑迪科特事件之前就筹备好的 |
[19:31] | A change of course? That’s reactionary. Weak. | 改变航向 这太保守了 软弱 |
[19:33] | I am not hiring you to serve me weak tea. | 我雇你不是为了来让我软弱 |
[19:36] | You’re really hiring him? Why? | 你真的要雇他 为什么 |
[19:38] | Hired. We shook. | 已经雇了 我们都握手了 |
[19:42] | I’m setting a course that needs to be acknowledged | 我要设定一个航向 需要确认 |
[19:45] | in all future stories about wherever we go next. | 未来我们下一步怎么走 |
[19:48] | Ayles may be what he is, | 艾尔斯或许就是这样的人 |
[19:50] | but he speaks the nasal language of culture and credibility. | 但他所讲的是文化与信誉 |
[19:54] | And you just bought that. | 你就相信了 |
[19:55] | It’s what all the great philanthropists did, | 这是所有慈善家所做的 |
[19:58] | wrote their names on the ages | 让自己的名字载入史册 |
[19:59] | and laundered their reputations in the process. | 在此过程中洗白自己的名誉 |
[20:02] | I’m keen to get started. | 我迫不及待要开始工作了 |
[20:09] | I gotta go relieve Wendy. What was so important? | 我要去换温蒂的班了 什么事那么重要 |
[20:18] | Ice Juice. | 冰果汁 |
[20:20] | It’s a natural beverage company. | 这是一家天然饮料公司 |
[20:21] | A proprietary process called Flash-Pas. | 有一条叫快闪的专利线 |
[20:24] | I own a chunk of the company, | 我拥有这家公司的一大部分股权 |
[20:25] | and I’ve represented the founder…forever. | 而且我从很久前…就是创始人的代表 |
[20:29] | He’s done. He wants out. | 他玩完了 他要退出 |
[20:31] | I can take it over. | 我可以接手 |
[20:33] | Majority ownership. It is within reach. | 多数控股权 唾手可得 |
[20:36] | I just need the cash. | 我只是需要现金 |
[20:39] | Your, uh, lockup period is ending? | 你的…锁定期要到了吗 |
[20:43] | You said you wanted to do something for me. | 你说过你想为我做点什么 |
[20:45] | – Now is when I need it. – I meant what I said. | -现在就是我需要的时候 -我说话算数 |
[20:48] | I owe you, but, I mean, | 我是欠了你 但是… |
[20:50] | you know my money’s in a blind trust. | 你知道我的钱都在保密信托里 |
[20:52] | I know. I don’t want your money. | 我知道 我不是要你的钱 |
[20:53] | Oh, I see. | 我知道了 |
[20:57] | My father. You want his money. | 我父亲 你想要他的钱 |
[21:01] | Except I never get involved in his business deals | 可是我从未参与他的生意 |
[21:05] | for ethical as well as… personal reasons. | 出于道德上的原因还有…私人原因 |
[21:07] | Chuck, this is my chance. | 查克 这是我的机会 |
[21:09] | This IPO is… It’s a blockbuster. | 这次的首次公开募股是…是重头戏 |
[21:11] | This is…This is that leap that I’ve always talked about, | 这就是我一直在说的机遇 |
[21:14] | the one I’ve been waiting my whole life to take. | 我一生都在等待的机会 |
[21:16] | Well, you know him. Why don’t you just call? | 你认识他 你怎么不直接打电话给他 |
[21:19] | Well, if it comes from you, he’ll take it more seriously. | 如果是由你来说 他会更加认真对待 |
[21:21] | If I make the call, then it’s tantamount to me endorsing it, | 如果我打这个电话 就等同于我为此背书 |
[21:25] | which is…not something I can do right now. | 这个…我目前无法办到 |
[21:28] | Look, you know I see the inside of more deals per day than anyone. | 你知道我比任何人看到的内部交易都多 |
[21:32] | This is the one that I’ve been waiting for | 这就是我一直在等待的机会 |
[21:34] | to get me out of that goddamn law office. | 能让我离开那该死的律师事务所 |
[21:36] | I do know that you would not be here | 我知道如果交易是成功的 |
[21:38] | unless the deal was a winner. | 你就不会在这里了 |
[21:40] | I’ll… | 我会… |
[21:43] | Let me think. | 让我想想 |
[21:46] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[21:52] | Look what Wags got me. | 看看瓦格斯给了我什么 |
[21:55] | The Ark? | 方舟 |
[21:56] | Luxury survival bunker. It’s a scam. | 奢华避难地堡 这就是场骗局 |
[21:59] | Why does everything need to be a scam? | 为什么每件事都要是骗局 |
[22:02] | When the Armageddon comes, the doors will be locked. | 当世界末日来临 门将会被锁起 |
[22:06] | I think it’s a good idea, a fail-safe. | 我觉得这是个好主意 末日避难所 |
[22:09] | The end could come sooner than anyone might think. | 末日可能会比任何人想的来得更早一些 |
[22:11] | Yeah, it might already have come. | 是呀 可能已经来了 |
[22:13] | We just don’t know it yet. | 只是我们还不知道 |
[22:16] | Well, what do you think’ll happen when it all really goes to shit? | 你觉得当世界真的毁灭时会发生什么 |
[22:22] | Getting to the mountains could be a problem. | 如何到达山区会是一个问题 |
[22:25] | We’d have to let the pilot and his family in the Ark. | 我们要让飞行员和他的家人住进方舟 |
[22:27] | Yeah. We’d really have to build it ourselves, | 是的 我们真该自己建一个 |
[22:29] | recruit all the security forces | 亲自招募所有安保部队 |
[22:31] | just to ensure absolute loyalty. | 以确保他们绝对忠诚 |
[22:33] | Mm, and secrecy, you know? | 还要保密 知道吗 |
[22:35] | No VR sales tours. | 不能有VR销售展示 |
[22:38] | And we’d also have to make room for my family, | 我们还要留位置给我的家人 |
[22:40] | Matty and Mary and Ned | 马蒂 玛丽 内德 |
[22:43] | and Connie and Lu and Mo, Sean. | 康妮 卢 小魔 肖恩 |
[22:45] | Yeah, I’m not sure about that, Lar. | 这我可就不确定了 拉儿 |
[22:47] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[22:49] | Well, we wouldn’t leave them just to die. | 我们不会让他们去死 |
[22:51] | We’d buy two Arques, | 我们可以买两个方舟 |
[22:52] | ours in the Canadian Rockies, | 我们的在加拿大落基山脉 |
[22:53] | and one for your family in… Jersey. | 还有一个留给你的家人…在泽西 |
[22:58] | – So generous. – Well, fuck it. | -真大方 -去他妈的 |
[23:01] | I should probably just go down with the whole ship, | 也许我应该跟整艘船一起沉没 |
[23:04] | this fucking tent, hedge funds, all of it. | 这个帐篷 对冲基金 一切 |
[23:09] | Half my life now is ass-covering and optics, | 我半辈子都在关心怎么替别人擦屁股还有前景 |
[23:13] | fucking optics of everything | 去他妈一切的前景 |
[23:15] | from parties to put options. | 从派对到看跌期权 |
[23:19] | I’m spending half a mil on some stuffed shirt | 我要给那自命不凡的讨厌鬼50万 |
[23:23] | to brush up my fucking image. | 来提高我的形象 |
[23:27] | Come on, maybe we should split for the weekend, now, | 也许我们这个周末应该出去散散心 |
[23:30] | before we need the goddamn Arque. | 在我们需要登上该死的方舟前 |
[23:32] | And bail on the party? | 然后放弃这次派对 |
[23:33] | Just the two of us. We’ll celebrate our way. | 就我们俩 用我们的方式庆祝 |
[23:36] | No. | 不 |
[23:37] | Big occasions like this need to be marked, | 这样的重大场合需要被记住 |
[23:40] | acknowledged, | 被认可 |
[23:42] | for posterity and for fun. | 无论是为了后代 还是为了好玩 |
[23:45] | You deserve to be celebrated. | 你值得被庆祝 |
[23:48] | And you should be surrounded by your whole gang | 而且你应该站在你所有员工中间 |
[23:50] | so they can honor you, too. | 这样他们也能向你致敬 |
[23:51] | They work for me. They’re not my friends. | 他们为我工作 他们不是我的朋友 |
[23:54] | What about Wags and Dollar Bill? | 那瓦格斯和美元大亨呢 |
[23:57] | If they’re not your friends, they’re kind of like brothers. | 如果他们不是你的朋友 他们就像是兄弟了 |
[24:00] | You know, they deserve a chance to show you how they feel. | 应该让他们有机会告诉你 他们是怎么想的 |
[24:03] | I’m not even gonna tell you who you sound like right now. | 我都不想跟你说你现在听上去像谁了 |
[24:07] | And Wendy, too. | 还有温蒂 |
[24:10] | You know I decided not to see her. | 你知道的 我说过不去见她了 |
[24:13] | And I was clear about that, and I’ve stuck to it. | 我说得很清楚 我会坚持到底 |
[24:15] | So… I don’t know if she’ll want– | 所以…我不知道她会不会想要… |
[24:17] | Just because you don’t talk to her professionally | 就因为你跟她没有工作上的交流 |
[24:19] | doesn’t mean that you can’t take one night | 不代表你不可以拿出一晚的时间 |
[24:21] | to commemorate the importance of it all. | 去纪念这一切的意义 |
[24:24] | She’s foundational to Axe Capital…and to you. | 她是阿克斯资本的基石 还有你的基石 |
[24:36] | Sorry I’m late. | 不好意思我来晚了 |
[24:37] | No, it’s okay. I was…tired. | 不 没关系 我有点…累了 |
[24:40] | You were out of town? | 你出城了吗 |
[24:44] | Yeah. I don’t know if you’ve heard, | 是的 不知道你有没有听说 |
[24:46] | but I was up in Sandicot. | 我去北边的桑迪科特了 |
[24:49] | It’s a real mess up there. | 那里真是一片混乱 |
[24:51] | Looking to punish those responsible. | 我要好好惩罚责任人 |
[24:56] | I was invited to Axe’s birthday party. | 我被邀请参加阿克斯的生日派对 |
[25:00] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[25:04] | What’s that about? | 为什么 |
[25:07] | My readjustment back at Axe Cap has been… | 我回阿克斯资本重整旗鼓… |
[25:10] | more difficult than I thought it would be. | 比我想象中要更困难 |
[25:13] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[25:14] | I’ve felt manipulated. | 我觉得自己被人摆布了 |
[25:18] | I may have done some of that, too. | 也许我自己也有一点摆布别人 |
[25:20] | I may have given you the impression | 我可能让你觉得 |
[25:22] | that I was happy there, and I may well end up that way. | 我在那里很开心 也许以后会变好 |
[25:27] | But the truth is, it’s been bumpy. | 但实际上 困难重重 |
[25:30] | Well, why are you staying? | 那你为什么还留在那呢 |
[25:32] | Oh, you don’t have to answer that– | 你不一定要回答… |
[25:33] | No, it’s what I’ve been asking myself. | 不 那就是我一直在问自己的 |
[25:37] | I built something. | 我一手打造了它 |
[25:40] | I put myself into it, and now… | 我曾全心投入 而现在… |
[25:43] | It’s not what you remembered, | 它不再是你记忆中的样子 |
[25:45] | not what you fell in love with. | 不是你深爱的样子 |
[25:46] | I think I went back to see if I still could. | 我觉得我回去就是为了看我是否还能做到 |
[25:50] | Something I tell my patients | 我告诉我的病人 |
[25:53] | when they’re hesitating about making some kind of move | 当他们犹豫着是否要做出 |
[25:56] | in their own life is, | 生活中的某些改变时 |
[25:57] | sometimes you have to jump in… | 有时你就是要勇敢向前 |
[25:59] | all the way in to find out. | 奋勇向前去找出答案 |
[26:03] | They are lucky to have you. | 他们能有你真幸运 |
[26:06] | It’s easy when it’s about someone else. | 说别人的事情总是很容易 |
[26:09] | It’s about you, it’s hard to know. | 等你自己身陷其中 却很难知道该怎么办 |
[26:10] | When do you… keep working at it? | 你什么时候要继续努力 |
[26:12] | When do you…give up? | 你什么时候该放手 |
[26:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:30] | Dollar Bill’s telling the truth. It looks clean. | 美钞说的是实话 没有问题 |
[26:33] | Even if they trace his burner | 即使他们追踪到了他的一次性手机 |
[26:35] | or get into his air-gapped laptop, like I did, | 或者像我一样 黑进了他的网闸电脑 |
[26:39] | nothing will come back to you, | 也找不到跟你相关的信息 |
[26:42] | unless somebody talked. | 除非有人走漏了风声 |
[26:43] | Like his source? | 比如他的线人 |
[26:45] | Victor Mateo. You were right. | 维克多·马特奥 你是对的 |
[26:48] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[26:49] | This is complicated, | 这就复杂了 |
[26:50] | because Victor always puts himself where the money is, | 因为维克多只跟着钱走 |
[26:53] | but it’s usually far from pristine. | 但是经常本末倒置 |
[26:55] | Well, then he’s the potential weak link. | 那他就是潜在的薄弱环节 |
[26:58] | He’s either looking to get back in your graces | 他要么在试图重获你的赏识 |
[27:01] | or trying to get close enough | 要么在试图接近你 |
[27:02] | to jab a ricin-tipped umbrella into your thigh. | 好用涂毒的伞尖朝你背后捅刀 |
[27:30] | Hello? | 喂 |
[27:31] | I was… calling for Wendy. | 我想找一下温蒂 |
[27:34] | She’s not available. Who’s calling? | 她现在没空 你是哪位 |
[27:36] | Lara Axelrod. This must be Chuck. | 萝拉·阿克斯罗德 你一定是查克 |
[27:43] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[27:45] | Can I tell her what it’s regarding? | 我能转告她相关事宜吗 |
[27:48] | My husband’s birthday party. | 我丈夫的生日派对 |
[27:50] | She RSVP’d “No,” and I just wanted to make sure | 她回复说不去 我只是想确保 |
[27:54] | she knew that both Bobby and I would really be delighted | 让她知道波比和我都很希望 |
[27:57] | to see her at the house. | 能在家见到她 |
[28:00] | Well, uh, I will certainly pass along your message. | 我一定会转达你的消息 |
[28:05] | But I do know that she was feeling a lack of… | 但是我确实知道她不太明确 |
[28:10] | clarity in terms of going. | 该不该去 |
[28:12] | I’m guessing things are tense and complicated right now, | 我猜现在一切都太紧张复杂了 |
[28:15] | and this can’t be helping. | 这自然是有影响的 |
[28:18] | You’re not guessing. | 你不需要猜 |
[28:20] | I know this is weird. I was just calling to say… | 我知道这很古怪 我只是想打个电话说一下 |
[28:23] | she’s back at the company, | 她已经回到公司里了 |
[28:25] | and the company will all be here, so she should be, too. | 而公司全体职员都会到场 所以她也该来 |
[28:29] | You know, if we don’t mark the milestones, | 如果我们不纪念下重大日子 |
[28:30] | we’re just passing with the time. | 那我们就只是在消磨时光 |
[28:32] | Well said. | 说得好 |
[28:34] | And I’d invite you as her plus one, | 我想邀请你做她的男伴 |
[28:36] | but under the circumstances… | 但是在当前情况下 |
[28:38] | Yeah. There is such a thing as too weird, | 是啊 即使对于我们这群人来说 |
[28:41] | even for all of us. | 这样也太过于古怪了 |
[28:43] | Well, uh, I will pass along your message. | 我会转达你的消息 |
[28:48] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[29:03] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[29:04] | Hi, Chuck. | 查克 |
[29:06] | You know, I think that you’re not going to the party | 我想你不会去那个派对 |
[29:09] | because of me, | 是因为我 |
[29:11] | which pleases me in a way that it probably shouldn’t. | 这可能让我有点偷着乐 |
[29:15] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[29:17] | Wendy, I say go to the party. | 温蒂 要我说你就去参加派对 |
[29:19] | Either it’ll feel right or it won’t. | 无论到时候感觉对还是不对 |
[29:22] | But… you gotta jump in and find out. | 你得去投身进去 尝试看看 |
[29:47] | How’s Victor been? | 维克多怎么样了 |
[29:52] | Look, I would’ve told you it came from him, | 我原本该告诉你消息是他提供的 |
[29:55] | but the last time I mentioned his name– | 但是我上一次提起他的名字… |
[29:56] | For good fucking reason. | 为了个他妈的好理由 |
[29:58] | Because Steph Reed was there. | 因为斯特·里德当时在场 |
[29:59] | Yeah, because I fired his ass. | 是的 因为我丫的炒了他 |
[30:01] | And sure, I paid him off to keep the peace, but… | 当然了 我给了他钱好让他安静地走人 |
[30:05] | My God, I think he’d still love to roast me. | 我的上帝 我觉得他仍然喜欢嘲笑我 |
[30:10] | You trust me? Right? | 你信任我 对吗 |
[30:12] | With my life. | 以命相托 |
[30:13] | Because there’s certain guys you just know about. | 因为有些人你就是能了解他们 |
[30:17] | You look ’em in the eye, and you know. | 你注视着他们的双眼 就能了解他们的为人 |
[30:20] | Other guys, you know things about. | 其他的人 你只了解关于他们的事 |
[30:23] | And with Victor, it… it’s both. | 对于维克多来说 这两者都是 |
[30:25] | Yeah, I know him. | 是的 我了解他 |
[30:26] | But also… | 但同时 |
[30:29] | I know things about him. | 我也了解关于他的事 |
[30:31] | And the things I know, he can’t fuck me, | 因为我所了解到的事 他搞不了我 |
[30:34] | so he can’t fuck you. | 所以他也搞不了你 |
[30:36] | So that might be enough for you. I understand. | 所以这样对你来说就足够了 我理解 |
[30:38] | But it’s not enough for me, not anymore. | 但是对我来说不够了 不再足够了 |
[30:45] | You know, before the Old West gunslingers | 在以前的西部持枪歹徒 |
[30:50] | were turned into dime store paperbacks and cartoons, | 被变成廉价商店里的简装书和动画之前 |
[30:53] | the word “Outlaw” meant something. | “法外狂徒”这个词是有意义的 |
[30:56] | It meant that the law didn’t apply to you. | 它意味着法律不适用于你 |
[30:59] | No protection. | 没有保护 |
[31:01] | You run across a guy on a forest road, | 你在林间小道上遇上了个人 |
[31:02] | he could kill you. No repercussions. | 他就可以杀了你 没有后果 |
[31:06] | I mean… you used to love Victor, | 你曾经很喜欢维克多 |
[31:08] | and trust him before all this started. | 在这一切发生之前你还信任过他 |
[31:11] | He didn’t do anything to deserve the fate you gave him. | 他没有做能让你那样对他的事 |
[31:15] | That’s what makes this decision so tricky. | 这就是为什么这决定如此棘手 |
[31:18] | He had the right to cold dish me. | 他有资格报复我 |
[31:22] | I just don’t know that he’s past it yet. | 我只是不知道他是否还想这么做 |
[31:28] | Why don’t you ask him yourself? | 你为什么不亲自问问他 |
[31:32] | Look him in the face. | 当面质问他 |
[31:36] | That’s your present. | 这是给你的礼物 |
[31:38] | And you might find it’s worth more than a hundred million. | 你可能会发现它价值一百万美元以上 |
[31:54] | So, Steph Reed… | 所以斯特·里德 |
[31:56] | I wish she were more of an asset. | 真希望她不止是个线人 |
[31:59] | Axelrod has been very careful. | 阿克斯罗德一直很小心 |
[32:00] | Here are the notes from the interview, if you’re interested. | 这些是面谈的笔记 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[32:04] | Terminator? | 终结者 |
[32:04] | Cyberdyne Systems, series 800, Resistance Infiltrator. | 赛博丹系统 800系列 渗透者 |
[32:07] | – Got it. – It’s kind of a miss, | -了解了 -好像没什么用 |
[32:10] | so I went back into the Sandicot file | 所以我重新查了下桑迪科特的文件 |
[32:12] | and ran this down. | 发现了这个 |
[32:15] | Old stock car. | 古董改装赛车 |
[32:16] | Title was transferred to casino developer, Donald Thayer, | 所有权已转给了赌场开发商 唐纳德·赛耶 |
[32:20] | from Bobby Axelrod. | 原来是波比·阿克斯罗德的 |
[32:23] | Gentlemen, start your engines. | 先生们 启动你们的引擎吧 |
[32:32] | Thought you forgot the way in here. | 以为你忘了来这儿的路 |
[32:34] | Know it by heart. | 牢记心中了 |
[32:37] | Couple things. | 几件事 |
[32:38] | – Okay. Go. – Deb Kawi. | -好的 说吧 -黛布·卡维 |
[32:42] | I knew you made her. | 我就知道你发现了她 |
[32:44] | The next time you tell someone to lose their conscience | 我就当你这次没有叫人 |
[32:46] | – will be the first time. – Don’t run people at me. | -丢掉他们的良心 -别找人来替你问诊 |
[32:49] | – Got you in the office. – No. | -至少骗你过来了 -并没有 |
[32:52] | I’m here because of the other thing. | 我来这儿是因为另一件事 |
[32:55] | Your birthday. | 你的生日 |
[32:58] | Okay. What, specifically, about that? | 好吧 具体说是关于什么的 |
[33:01] | Your wife asked me to come. Said you wanted me there. | 你的妻子邀请我去 说你希望我在场 |
[33:07] | – Is it true? – I think you know me well enough | -这是真的吗 -我觉得你足够了解我 |
[33:09] | to know the answer to that question. | 你知道这个问题的答案 |
[33:59] | Quite a hole you’ve dug yourself right here | 你在景色优美的金斯福德中心 |
[34:01] | in the middle of scenic Kingsford, Thayer. | 给自己挖了个不小的坑 赛耶 |
[34:04] | It’s not my best. It’s not my worst. | 这不是我最好的 也不是我最差的 |
[34:10] | I just have one question, | 我只有一个问题 |
[34:13] | the only question that matters. | 唯一重要的问题 |
[34:16] | Who is Bobby Axelrod to you? | 波比·阿克斯罗德是你什么人 |
[34:19] | He’s a friend. | 他是一个朋友 |
[34:22] | Why else would he have given me that Dodge out front? | 不然他为什么给我门前的那辆道奇呢 |
[34:25] | Figured you knew that if you were here asking questions. | 如果你是来问问题的 估计已经知道答案了 |
[34:29] | I also know about that above-market lease | 我还知道你以高于市场行情的租价 |
[34:31] | you signed on his Sandicot land. | 签了他桑迪科特的地 |
[34:34] | Is it wrong to overspend? | 超支有什么错吗 |
[34:37] | My wife dings me for that all the time. | 我老婆因为这事总唠叨我 |
[34:40] | Yeah, you know, I see something I like… | 你知道的 我看见喜欢的… |
[34:42] | Nah. No one will believe that. | 不 没人会信的 |
[34:45] | Oh, not when we run ’em through | 至少当我们追查你所涉足的 |
[34:46] | the litany of business dealings you’ve engaged in | 一连串的交易的时候 没人会信 |
[34:48] | that could, uh, most charitably be described as shady | 大部分交易说是阴暗都算是仁慈的了 |
[34:52] | and most accurately as criminal. | 准确地说 大部分都是犯罪 |
[34:54] | Fraudulent loan applications, | 欺诈性贷款申请 |
[34:56] | union payoffs, stiffing vendors, | 贿赂工会 欺骗供应商 |
[34:58] | and yet, writing off the expenses on your account. | 冲销你账上的支出 |
[35:02] | You do everything to save a buck on the business end. | 你在生意上为了省钱不择手段 |
[35:09] | Are you leveraging me? | 你是想策反我吗 |
[35:13] | I’ve been strong-armed by the vowel guys. | 我曾被狠角色暴打过 |
[35:17] | Never bent. | 从未屈服 |
[35:19] | Oh, I bet you’d like to put me in that hole… | 我敢打赌你想把我也塞进那个洞 |
[35:23] | like you used to do it. | 就像你以前做过的 |
[35:24] | Then pour the concrete. | 然后灌上水泥 |
[35:27] | They never find ’em when you do that, do they? | 你那么做的时候他们从未发现过吧 |
[35:30] | No one wants to tear a whole building down, | 没人想要把一整栋楼毁掉 |
[35:32] | but you can’t now. Now, you’re respectable…ish. | 但是现在不行了 现在你多少体面一些了 |
[35:37] | You’ve changed your narrative. | 你把自己的经历改了 |
[35:39] | So let me suggest a new chapter in your story, | 我建议你的故事里再来篇新章节 |
[35:42] | one in which you are the unindicted co-conspirator | 那里面你是不被起诉的同谋 |
[35:44] | rather than a defendant. | 而不是被告 |
[35:47] | Which story is that? | 什么故事呢 |
[35:48] | The story of Sandicot. | 桑迪科特的故事 |
[35:51] | Let me tell it to you, then you tell it back, | 我先给你讲 然后你再告诉我 |
[35:53] | if it’s true, of course, which it is. | 这故事是不是真的 当然了 肯定是 |
[35:57] | You and Axelrod entered into a criminal conspiracy | 你和阿克斯罗德预谋犯罪 |
[36:00] | to bribe Marc Capparello for inside information | 贿赂马尔科·卡佩罗 |
[36:03] | on the deliberations of the Location Committee | 获取选址委员会审议的内部消息 |
[36:05] | and where they were gonna put your casino. | 以及他们打算把你的赌场放在哪里 |
[36:11] | You’re some fucking gangster, | 你就他妈的是个土匪 |
[36:14] | swaggering up here, making threats. | 大摇大摆地来这 威胁我 |
[36:17] | From you, “Fucking gangster” sounds like a compliment. | 你”他妈的土匪”的语气听着挺恭维的 |
[36:20] | Not how I meant it. | 我可没这么说 |
[36:22] | Axelrod is not your friend. | 阿克斯罗德不是你的朋友 |
[36:26] | Let me help you keep on the right side. | 让我来帮助你站在正确的一边 |
[36:28] | You’d love to know what I got on him. | 你会很想知道我都有他什么把柄 |
[36:34] | Problem is, | 可问题是 |
[36:35] | I don’t need whatever deal or immunity you got. | 我不需要你的那些什么交易或者豁免权 |
[36:39] | See, I already have my umbrella. | 我已经有保护伞了 |
[36:43] | I’m singin’ in the fucking rain. | 我在雨中放声歌唱呢 |
[36:45] | You? | 就你 |
[36:47] | You’re just standing there, gettin’ wet. | 你不过是站在那 变成落汤鸡罢了 |
[36:56] | I’ll see you on Pearl Street at my arraignment… | 你要是有种的话 我庭审的时候 |
[37:00] | if you got the brass. | 咱俩珍珠街见 |
[37:18] | Three and two, count is full. | 三球两击够数了 |
[37:20] | I grew up playing stickball. | 我是玩棍球长大的 |
[37:23] | You wanna grab that broom handle and stand in? | 你要不要拿那根扫帚把站过去 |
[37:25] | I’ll get too intense. | 我会非常紧张的 |
[37:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:33] | People are telling me I can’t miss your party. | 大家都跟我说 让我不要错过你的生日派对 |
[37:37] | No, because those people think the only way to advance | 不 因为那帮人认为晋升的唯一方式 |
[37:39] | is by following the rules and social mores. | 就是遵从规则和社会风俗 |
[37:42] | They have no fucking idea why we do what we do. | 对于我们的所作所为和原因 他们毫无头绪 |
[37:45] | I don’t think I’m any better than them. | 我认为自己没比他们强到哪去 |
[37:47] | Of course you do. | 你当然比他们强了 |
[37:49] | You even know it a little bit. | 你甚至略知一二 |
[37:52] | Do not feel obligated to attend. | 别勉强参加 |
[37:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:59] | Why are you missing it, by the way? | 问一下 为什么不来呢 |
[38:01] | You don’t wanna party with me? | 你不想跟我一起开派对吗 |
[38:02] | It’s my sister’s wedding. | 我要参加我姐姐的婚礼 |
[38:04] | Rehearsal dinner on Mackinac Island in the U.P. | 晚宴在密歇根上半岛的麦基诺岛 |
[38:07] | – Michigan. – Oh, yeah. I know. | -密歇根 -是的 我知道 |
[38:10] | Not a lot of flights. | 没什么航班 |
[38:11] | You’re rich. They’re called private planes. | 你有钱啊 有种东西叫私人飞机 |
[38:14] | I almost booked it. | 我差点就预订了 |
[38:16] | I just don’t know if I can actually get on it. | 我只是不知道自己到底会不会去坐 |
[38:18] | The carbon footprint alone is… | 单单碳排放量本身就… |
[38:19] | You’re really that worried about the world ending? | 你还真担心世界末日啊 |
[38:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:24] | What about your own world? | 那你自己的世界呢 |
[38:26] | Not so much. | 不太在乎 |
[38:28] | Well, before that existential dread racks you, | 在存在主义的恐惧把你折磨疯之前 |
[38:31] | buy some offsets. | 找点平衡吧 |
[38:33] | Donate to the Rainforest Alliance. | 给雨林联盟捐款 |
[38:35] | As a matter of fact, if you do that, | 而且 如果你做到了 |
[38:37] | I’ll have Deb book the plane for ya. Done. Move on. | 我就让黛布给你订飞机 就这样 去吧 |
[38:40] | It’s not just that. It’s… | 没那么简单 只是… |
[38:43] | I never thought I’d be thinking about living this life. | 我从来都没有想到过会过这样的生活 |
[38:46] | You’re living it already. | 你已经过上了 |
[38:49] | Do you think I ever thought I’d be here? | 你以为我想过我会走到今天这样吗 |
[38:53] | I never thought I’d be more than | 我曾是赛马场上的骑手 |
[38:54] | just a numbers guy at the track. | 从未想过还能有什么别的事业 |
[38:56] | Aqueduct? | 水源地跑马场吗 |
[38:57] | Nah. Trotters. I’d still be at the track | 不是 特罗特斯跑马场 |
[38:59] | if it weren’t for this one guy, a gambler. | 要不是一个赌徒 我现在还在跑道上 |
[39:02] | He worked a seat at Commodities. | 他在期货交易所工作 |
[39:03] | He thought I’d be good. | 他认为我不错 |
[39:05] | So he took me to Four World Trade, | 带我去了世贸中心四号楼 |
[39:07] | and I saw it immediately. | 我立刻就看明白了 |
[39:09] | I could read the tape just like the odds on the board. | 我能像看懂比分板上的赔率一样看懂那些纸带 |
[39:11] | It was like walking into something | 感觉就像是走进了 |
[39:13] | between a casino and the U.S. Mint. | 赌场和铸币场之间 |
[39:15] | So I bought a seat at the exchange for 64K, | 所以我花了六万四买了一个席位 |
[39:17] | and that was it. | 就是这样 |
[39:18] | Is that a common career trajectory? | 这是正常的事业轨迹吗 |
[39:20] | Not anymore. Wasn’t back then either. | 不是 就算那时候也不算 |
[39:24] | And you’re glad it went this way? | 走到这一步你很高兴吗 |
[39:25] | Yeah. Why shouldn’t I be? | 是的 为什么不高兴呢 |
[39:28] | So before I let you get back to your childhood, | 在我让你回顾童年之前 |
[39:29] | the moral of the story is… | 这个故事的意义就是 |
[39:32] | just get on the fucking plane, huh? | 他妈的赶紧上飞机 是吗 |
[39:35] | No. | 不 |
[39:37] | The moral of the story is, you get one life, | 这个故事的寓意是 你只活一次 |
[39:40] | so do it all. | 得意须尽欢 |
[40:19] | Why did I have Thayer dead to rights, | 为什么我震住了赛耶 |
[40:22] | and he wasn’t even nervous? | 但他一点都不紧张 |
[40:25] | Why were you sitting with Thayer in the first place? | 你为什么要先去找赛耶谈呢 |
[40:28] | How does that help you with headlines, blind items… | 那对你的头条 八卦 社区领导者 |
[40:31] | community leaders? | 有什么帮助吗 |
[40:34] | Oh, you weren’t encouraging me to be smart. | 你不是在鼓励我变聪明 |
[40:36] | You were protecting one of your own. | 你是在保全你自己 |
[40:39] | Did you handpick him for the deal? | 是你亲手选他做交易的吗 |
[40:42] | Did I make a mistake with you? | 我选你是不是个错误呢 |
[40:45] | Are you fighting for inches or yards? | 你是想要西瓜还是芝麻 |
[40:50] | I am so close to getting Axe. | 我很快就能搞定阿克斯了 |
[40:55] | I can run on that. | 这样我就能去竞选了 |
[40:57] | I can win on that. | 这样我就能赢得竞选了 |
[40:59] | That’s what we both want. | 那是我们共同的愿望 |
[41:01] | If you are the man I think and…and hope you are, | 如果你是我想的那种人 希望你就是 |
[41:04] | you will get him… on something else. | 你会用其他方式搞定他 |
[41:08] | You know it’s not the first time Axe has gone bad on something. | 你知道这不是阿克斯第一次遇到麻烦 |
[41:13] | What did Thayer give you, four points? | 赛耶给你什么了 四个点吗 |
[41:17] | I don’t handcuff. You’re free to go after Thayer if you want. | 我不会约束你 你想搞赛耶就搞吧 |
[41:22] | But play out those dominoes first, | 但是先把多米诺骨牌玩完 |
[41:25] | and not just for Axe. | 不仅是为了阿克斯 |
[41:29] | Thayer takes a hit, the casino goes away. | 赛耶遭受重创 赌场的事就吹了 |
[41:32] | Those upstate jobs go away. | 北部的工作机会也没戏了 |
[41:36] | It leaks that my father started things in Sandicot… | 有消息说桑迪科特的事是我父亲挑起的 |
[41:41] | and the last one falls on me. | 而且最后一件事的责任落在了我头上 |
[41:43] | Chuck, Sandicot is a circle. | 查克 桑迪科特就是个圆环 |
[41:46] | Wherever you start on that path, | 不管你从何处开始 |
[41:49] | it leads right back to you… to us. | 走到最后总会指向你 指向我们 |
[41:53] | And right now, no one knows that you and my father | 如今 没人知道其实你和我父亲给那个小镇 |
[41:55] | crushed that town as much as Axe. | 造成的伤害跟阿克斯造成的一样多 |
[41:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:00] | And why don’t we keep it that way? | 我们为什么不保持这种状态呢 |
[42:03] | You know what, Jack? | 你知道吗 杰克 |
[42:06] | I think I’ll get Axe on something else. | 我想我会用其他方式去搞阿克斯 |
[42:10] | Whatever you feel is best. | 你觉得是对的就是最好的 |
[42:24] | *Well, I know that it’s getting late* | *我知道天色已晚* |
[42:27] | *But I don’t wanna go home* | *但是我不想回家* |
[42:32] | *I’m in no hurry, baby* | *我一点也不着急 宝贝* |
[42:33] | *Time can wait* | *时间可以等待* |
[42:35] | *Cause I don’t wanna go home* | *因为我不想回家* |
[42:39] | *Listen to the man sing his song* | *听听这个男人唱他的歌吧* |
[42:43] | You’re seeming…shy tonight. | 今晚你好像有点…害羞 |
[42:46] | We can’t escape our nature. | 我们都无法逃避自己的本性 |
[42:47] | Enough with the Myers-Briggs, Mafee. | 少来布里格斯性格测验 玛菲 |
[42:49] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[42:51] | The man here yet? | 他到了吗 |
[42:52] | – Nah, I haven’t seen him. – Cheers. | -没 我没看到他 -干杯 |
[42:53] | What? Weird. | 什么 奇怪 |
[42:56] | Yeah? | 进来 |
[42:59] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[43:09] | Fuck. Thayer stonewalled us? | 操 赛耶拒绝了我们 |
[43:12] | I’m not gonna shield you from this, Bryan, all right? | 在这件事上我不会瞒着你 布莱恩 好吗 |
[43:15] | I have decided not to pursue Thayer or Sandicot, | 由于策略上的原因 我决定不去追查 |
[43:19] | for strategic reasons. | 赛耶或者桑迪科特了 |
[43:24] | – Politics. – Yeah. | -政治上的原因 -没错 |
[43:26] | Plain and simple. | 简单直白 |
[43:29] | Tell the team. | 告诉大家 |
[44:00] | Welcome to my bowling club. | 欢迎来我的保龄球俱乐部 |
[44:03] | I worked it out so I had it private tonight. | 我想了些办法所以今晚这里没有别人 |
[44:05] | Sweet. How are ya, Victor? | 很好 你怎么样 维克多 |
[44:10] | Lots of times, I thought about, if I ran into you, | 我想过很多次 如果我再见到你 |
[44:13] | what I might say… or do. | 会说什么 会做什么 |
[44:17] | Here I am. Hit me. I can take it. | 我来了 打我吧 我能承受得住 |
[44:20] | That’s in the past. | 那是以前 |
[44:23] | Fuck you, Axe. | 去你妈的 阿克斯 |
[44:25] | You think every time you take a meeting or take a shit, | 你觉得你每次开个会或者拉个屎 |
[44:27] | it’s deep and filled with wisdom. | 里面都充满了智慧吗 |
[44:31] | But you made a mistake letting me go. | 但是你不应该让我离开 |
[44:33] | You cut me, but you cut yourself worse in the process. | 你伤害了我 但是同时你自己伤得更深 |
[44:37] | You’re not wrong, Victor. | 你说的没错 维克多 |
[44:38] | You were collateral damage. I regretted it. | 你是附带损害 我后悔过 |
[44:41] | – Really? – Briefly. | -真的吗 -有一点 |
[44:44] | And for a few moments after, which surprised me. | 而且后悔过一段时间 这让我挺惊讶的 |
[44:48] | You getting soft? | 你心肠变软了 |
[44:58] | I came all the way out here, Victor, | 维克多 我大老远地过来 |
[45:00] | on the recommendation of a dear friend, | 是因为一位朋友的推荐 |
[45:05] | to look at you. | 来看看你 |
[45:10] | – What do you see? – A man who’s stuck… | -你看到什么了 -一个被困住的人 |
[45:15] | at a boutique firm, a glorified day trader. | 在小公司里 美其名曰的日间交易员 |
[45:19] | Making good money, but not as good as it used to be. | 挣得不少 但是不如以前那么多 |
[45:23] | But that’s not the sticky part. | 但那并不是最难受的部分 |
[45:26] | You can’t be who you are, and it’s ripping you up. | 你无法成为你自己 这把你撕成碎片 |
[45:31] | Bit by bit. | 一点点撕碎 |
[45:34] | What do you have and what do you want? | 你有什么 你想要什么 |
[45:38] | I want back in. Not with the main fund. | 我想回去 不是重回你的对冲基金 |
[45:42] | I understand you can’t do that, and I don’t want you to. | 我明白你不会那样做 我也不想你那样做 |
[45:46] | I want my own shop, a satellite. | 我要我自己的场子 做你的卫星基金 |
[45:51] | Terms will be very generous for you | 在最初几年 |
[45:52] | the first few years, | 合约将对你十分慷慨 |
[45:54] | and I will give you the prime fucking meats. | 我会把最好的肉割给你 |
[46:00] | Everything I know about Klaxon. | 关于克莱克森我知道的一切 |
[46:03] | Internal memos, company documents. | 内部备忘录 公司文件 |
[46:08] | It’s bigger than a recall. | 这比召回事件更加严重 |
[46:10] | You leak this cover-up, | 你把这些掩盖的事实泄露出去 |
[46:12] | they’ll drown in lawsuits. | 他们会淹死在诉讼中 |
[46:14] | You could cover at zero. | 能跌到零点 |
[46:22] | Start looking for office space. | 开始找办公地点吧 |
[46:27] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[46:41] | Donna! | 唐娜 |
[46:43] | I need Sacker now! | 现在叫塞克过来 |
[46:50] | This. What the fuck is this? | 这个 这他妈的是什么 |
[46:54] | Steph Reed says that Axe bought some enemy’s books? | 斯特·里德说阿克斯买了些敌人的书 |
[46:57] | Yes. He cornered the first edition book market | 是的 他垄断了某些初版书的市场 |
[46:59] | for those specific books to spite a rival. | 来恶心他的对手 |
[47:02] | And did she say… | 她有说… |
[47:04] | which books? | 是哪些书吗 |
[47:07] | Second World War by Churchill. | 丘吉尔的《第二次世界大战回忆录》 |
[47:09] | Motherfucker. | 狗娘养的 |
[47:16] | This is what they do. | 这就是他们的做法 |
[47:19] | How the fuck do you compete with something | 你有什么办法跟这种东西较量 |
[47:21] | that powerful, that swims around for days on end, | 强壮有力 可以一刻不停地游好几天 |
[47:25] | just waiting for the faintest smell of blood | 就是为了等待一丝最轻微的血腥味 |
[47:30] | so it can attack without warning, | 毫无预兆地发动攻击 |
[47:32] | and with all the ferocity and half the conscience | 还带着一条牛鲨的凶残 |
[47:35] | of a goddamn bull shark? | 和它一半的良知 |
[47:40] | You can’t. | 你没法跟它较量 |
[47:44] | Unless you can somehow anticipate where it will strike | 除非你能预测到它攻击的位置 |
[47:47] | and then match its strength when it does… | 并在它攻击时与之对抗… |
[47:51] | which you can’t. | 而你做不到 |
[47:54] | I can see books are a trigger for you– | 我能看出那些书引发了你的… |
[47:57] | Thank you, Sacker. | 谢谢你 塞克 |
[48:36] | Dad, I’m messengering something to you, | 爸爸 我要给你带些东西 |
[48:38] | and I will be over to discuss it in a while. | 我一会儿就到你那儿去谈谈 |
[48:44] | Good. | 好 |
[48:46] | Son, credit where it’s due. | 儿子 这值得表扬 |
[48:49] | This Ice Juice thing is a win. | 这个冰果汁的事有得赚 |
[48:53] | I’ve already spoken to Ira. | 我已经跟艾拉谈过了 |
[48:54] | He…ran me through a few more of the numbers. | 他给我列举了一些数据 |
[48:57] | Yeah, well, I knew if Ira said it, | 是啊 我知道如果艾拉这么说 |
[48:59] | it would be so. | 那就一定是了 |
[49:00] | Yeah, he told me you almost didn’t bring it to me | 是啊 他告诉我你差点就没把这个给我 |
[49:02] | out of some worry about… conflict? | 就因为担心一些…冲突 |
[49:05] | That would’ve been shortsighted. | 那可是眼光短浅了 |
[49:08] | I agree, and I am most certainly | 我同意 我此刻非常确定 |
[49:10] | taking the longer view at the moment. | 眼光要放长远一点 |
[49:13] | Good boy. | 好样的 |
[49:15] | We can’t let this opportunity slide by. | 我们不能让这个机会溜走 |
[49:18] | This IPO could be the start | 这次上市可以是 |
[49:20] | of a billion dollar windfall, | 获得亿万美元横财的开始 |
[49:24] | and it’s a life-changer for him. | 对他来说是改变人生的一步 |
[49:25] | You keep saying “We.” | 你一直在说我们 |
[49:28] | I’m not liquid enough to pull the trigger. | 我一个人没有足够的现金 |
[49:30] | I find that hard to fathom. | 我不是很明白 |
[49:31] | My cash on hand happens to be | 我手里的现金现在正好 |
[49:34] | tied up in an few real estate deals right now, | 被套在几处房产里面 |
[49:37] | and it’s not the right time to sell. | 现在卖掉不是时候 |
[49:40] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[49:42] | Kingsford? | 金斯福德 |
[49:43] | I think it’s best we not discuss that. | 我认为我们最好不要讨论这件事 |
[49:46] | With your position, that would be unethical. | 考虑到你的职位 这是不合规的 |
[49:49] | But there is a solution. | 但还是有解决方法的 |
[49:53] | The chunk of cash I need | 我需要的大量现金 |
[49:55] | is on a statement with your name on it. | 就在你的名下 |
[49:58] | – The blind trust. – But, uh, why tell me about it? | -保密信托 -可 为什么告诉我 |
[50:03] | isn’t the whole point to a blind trust that | 难道保密信托的关键不就是 |
[50:05] | I’m not supposed to know what you’re doing with the money? | 我不能知道你拿我的钱干什么吗 |
[50:07] | No, not this time. | 不 这次不是 |
[50:08] | That trust was set aside for you and the children. | 这个信托基金是给你和孩子们准备的 |
[50:12] | But even the safest IPO | 但是哪怕是最安全的上市 |
[50:15] | has a different risk profile than a normal investment. | 风险跟普通投资也是没法比的 |
[50:19] | You have to know before I do it. | 你必须要在我出手之前了解 |
[50:23] | You want me to break my public vow? | 你想让我违背我的公开誓约 |
[50:27] | The moment that I’m transitioning into elected office? | 违背我当选公职的那一刻 |
[50:31] | It’s only damaging if it gets out. | 这件事不传出去就不会带来损失 |
[50:34] | I’ll invest silently. Your role will be hidden. | 我会悄悄地投资 你的角色会被掩盖的 |
[50:38] | We’ll replace the funds as soon as we sell some of the stock. | 我们卖掉一部分股票的同时会替换基金 |
[50:41] | No one’s the wiser. | 没人能看透 |
[50:48] | Well, if this is what it takes… | 如果这就是代价 |
[50:52] | to help you and Ira… | 来帮助你和艾拉 |
[50:55] | – Does that mean… – Yeah. | -这是意味着 -是 |
[50:58] | Crack it open. | 用那信托基金吧 |
[51:02] | Use a bit for your venture. | 拿一些去做你的风险投资 |
[51:05] | I trust your judgment. | 我相信你的判断 |
[51:09] | As always. | 一如既往 |
[51:15] | Excuse me. Wendy. | 失陪了 温蒂 |
[51:18] | – Lara. – Welcome. | -萝拉 -欢迎 |
[51:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:23] | You know, we never really had you over to the house enough. | 你知道 我们永远不会厌烦你来我们家 |
[51:26] | Thanks for the invite. | 多谢邀请 |
[51:27] | And I appreciate the personal follow-up. | 我很感激你的个人跟进 |
[51:29] | Chuck was, um… | 查克 |
[51:31] | quite surprised to hear from you. | 接到你的电话很惊喜 |
[51:33] | Well, I’m glad you came. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[51:35] | Bobby will really value you being here. | 波比会很看重你来 |
[51:38] | I couldn’t tell when I spoke to him at work. | 当我在工作中和他聊天的时候我看不出来 |
[51:42] | I thought you weren’t really talking at work. | 我以为你们在工作中不说话 |
[51:46] | I’m sure it must be hard for you to not have access to him, | 我想不能靠近他对你来说一定很难 |
[51:50] | but we think it’s best for everyone. | 但我们认为这对大家来说是最好的 |
[51:52] | Clear boundaries this time. | 这次要划清界限 |
[51:56] | Right… | 对的 |
[51:57] | which is why I set the policy. | 所以我设立了政策 |
[52:02] | It was the only way I could work there. | 只有那样我才能在这工作 |
[52:03] | I couldn’t keep seeing him. | 我忍不住去看他 |
[52:04] | It wasn’t like doctor-patient or even athlete-coach. | 这不是医患关系或是教练运动员的关系 |
[52:07] | It was more Hannibal-Clarice. | 更像是一种汉尼拔和克拉丽斯的关系 |
[52:11] | Not seeing him was one of your conditions for coming back. | 不见他是你回来的条件之一 |
[52:15] | I thought it was important for both of us, really. | 我认为这对我们来说都很重要 真的 |
[52:21] | Thanks again for the invite. I could use a drink. | 再次感谢邀请 我要去喝杯酒 |
[52:35] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[52:36] | I’m at the front gate. Come meet me. | 我在前门 过来找我 |
[53:17] | Let’s get outta here. Fuck this. | 我们离开吧 去他的一切 |
[53:21] | It’s a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[53:23] | I see how we made it… | 我看着我们是怎么走到这一步的 |
[53:26] | because we forgot. | 因为我们忘了 |
[53:28] | I forgot… where I’m from. | 我忘了 我来自何处 |
[53:32] | I forgot that I don’t give a fuck about any of this. | 我忘了我一点不关心这里的任何事 |
[53:35] | It’s all sailcloth held up with poles | 就像是带洞的帆布 |
[53:38] | lit by lighting designers and ripped to the ground tomorrow. | 被灯光设计师照亮然后明天撕掉扔在地上 |
[53:44] | I wanna be with you. | 我希望和你在一起 |
[53:47] | I wanna take you somewhere that matters. | 我想带你去一个有意义的地方 |
[53:52] | Everyone’s waiting for you. | 大家都在等你 |
[53:55] | Wags is about to give his speech. | 瓦格斯要演讲了 |
[54:03] | I’ve had quite a challenge this week | 我这周遇到了很大的挑战 |
[54:05] | to put together words, ordinary words, | 要组织语言 用普通的语言 |
[54:10] | to describe the most extraordinary man I ever met. | 来描述我遇到的最出色的人 |
[54:14] | A man as steely as a Roman centurion, | 这个人和罗马步兵长官一样刚强 |
[54:17] | cooler than Jean-Paul Belmondo. | 比让-保罗·贝尔蒙多更酷 |
[54:21] | He’s a jaguar shark, an American Sniper, | 他是一条虎鲨 是美国狙击手 |
[54:25] | every decision in the space of seven breaths. | 在七步之间做出每个决定 |
[54:27] | If you cross him, | 如果你冒犯了他 |
[54:28] | he’ll put a fucking ding in your universe. | 他会在你的世界里放置一颗该死的定时炸弹 |
[54:34] | But these are all exaggerations, derivative. | 但这些都是夸张 衍生品 |
[54:39] | They don’t limn the truth of an indefinable essence. | 这些没描绘出一个难以定义的本质的事实 |
[54:45] | They don’t speak to my real feelings. | 这些没有说出我的真实想法 |
[54:48] | It’s no exaggeration to say | 毫不夸张地说 |
[54:49] | that Bobby Axelrod is the man who gave me my life, | 波比·阿克斯罗德是给我生命的人 |
[54:52] | or at least let me keep it. | 或者至少帮我保住了这条命 |
[54:55] | But even more than that, he’s given me friendship… | 但此外更多的是 他给予我的友谊 |
[54:59] | the kind of friendship, it’s more than money, | 这种友谊 超越了金钱 |
[55:01] | it’s more than talent, it’s… | 超越了才赋 |
[55:05] | almost family. | 它几乎是家庭 |
[55:07] | But unlike family, he never turns away. | 但不像家庭的是 他永远不会背叛你 |
[55:11] | He’s the only one who truly sees me and doesn’t judge. | 他是唯一一个真正看透我而不评价我的人 |
[55:16] | He accepts me as I am, | 他接受我就是我 |
[55:21] | and that kind of friendship is… | 这种友谊是 |
[55:25] | everything. | 全部 |
[55:27] | It is the stuff of life itself. | 这是生活本身 |
[55:32] | So thank you… | 所以谢谢你 |
[55:35] | for my life. | 留住我这条命 |
[55:38] | Traders trade. | 交易员做交易 |
[55:40] | Lovers love. | 爱人相爱 |
[55:42] | Cars are meant to go. | 车会开走 |
[55:46] | Happy birthday, Axe, | 生日快乐 阿克斯 |
[55:49] | wherever you are. | 不论你在哪里 |
[55:53] | Way to go, Wags! | 好 瓦格斯 |
[55:56] | Axe didn’t show up? | 阿克斯没来吗 |
[55:58] | Who does that, skips his own party? | 谁会不参加自己的派对 |
[56:00] | That’s fucking fantastic. | 那也太神奇了 |
[56:01] | Maybe he’s an introvert, too. | 也许他也很内向 |
[56:03] | No, he’s not an introvert. | 不 他才不内向 |
[56:05] | He just remembered he’s an outlaw. | 他只是记起来了自己是个法外之徒 |
[56:08] | A fucking desperado. | 一个该死的亡命之徒 |
[56:15] | Axe said to give this to you. | 阿克斯说把这个给你 |