时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:09] | Danny fucking Margolis. What brings you back? | 丹尼·马格里斯 什么风把你吹回来了 |
[00:12] | I have some ideas, | 我有些想法 |
[00:13] | and I’d love to share them with you. | 想和你分享 |
[00:16] | Did you hear it okay? | 能听清楚吗 |
[00:17] | Hello. I’m Taylor. | 你好 我叫泰勒 |
[00:18] | My pronouns are they, theirs, and them. | 我是性少数群体 |
[00:21] | – How long you been here? – I’m an intern. | -你来这多久了 -我是实习生 |
[00:23] | Just breathing the air here can be discomforting. | 这里的空气可能让人觉得很不爽 |
[00:27] | The air is thinner. | 这里空气的确稀薄 |
[00:30] | That is a picture of a man running for office. | 这就是一个想要竞选公职的人的照片 |
[00:30] | 查克·罗兹绕场一圈庆祝胜利 美国检察官如何扳倒斯巴坦-艾弗斯的劳伦斯·博伊德 | |
[00:33] | Which mansion will it be, Gracie or the Governor’s? | 要搬去哪座宅邸了 市长还是州长官邸 |
[00:36] | Relax, Dad. | 别激动 爸 |
[00:37] | You need some personal time with Black Jack Foley. | 你得和黑杰克·富利私下来往来往 |
[00:40] | You must be talking about Sandicot. | 你肯定是指桑迪科特 |
[00:42] | The proposed location of a casino. | 计划的赌场地点 |
[00:44] | – Does it have to go there? – If the town defaults, | -赌场一定要建在那里吗 -如果市政债券违约 |
[00:47] | I know what you stand to lose. | 我知道你能赔多少 |
[00:49] | You need that casino as soon as goddamned possible. | 你需要赌场赶紧开门营业 |
[00:52] | Go, do whatever the fuck you want, and so will I. | 做你他妈想做的事 我也会这么做的 |
[00:54] | You want the freedom to see other people. | 你想要与其他人约会的自由 |
[00:56] | Consider that door open. | 我同意了 |
[00:59] | I am committed | 我保证 |
[01:00] | to complete transparency between us. | 我们之间完全公开透明 |
[01:02] | So you can either quit right now… or you can stay. | 你要么现在辞职 要么就留下来 |
[01:07] | Sandicot’s not getting the gaming license. It’s over. | 桑迪科特没拿到博彩牌照 |
[01:10] | So, why would Foley want to fuck me? | 所以 为什么富利跟我过不去 |
[01:12] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选择了能够 |
[01:15] | that would bring the greatest benefit | 为最多的人 |
[01:16] | to the greatest number of people. | 谋取最大利益的地点 |
[01:19] | What do you know about Sandicot? | 关于桑迪科特你都知道什么 |
[01:21] | Go ahead, seize their assets. | 抢他们的资产吧 |
[01:22] | – What kind of assets? – Sandicot also has an original Remington. | -哪些资产 -桑迪科特还有雷明顿的真迹 |
[01:26] | The fuck’s a Remington? | 雷明顿是什么鬼 |
[01:27] | American artist from the 19th century. | 19世纪的美国艺术家 |
[01:28] | He specialized in depictions of the Old West. | 他擅长描绘老西部 |
[01:30] | I don’t know why you want to hurt all of these people | 我不知道你为什么要伤害这些 |
[01:32] | who got so little as it is. | 毫无轻重的人 |
[01:34] | You go up there, and you cut off the gangrenous parts. | 去那里 切掉坏死的部分 |
[01:36] | And then we go in with charter schools and outreach, | 然后我们开办特许公立学校 |
[01:39] | for about $30 million, | 狂砸三千万美元 |
[01:40] | we capture the tax write-off, | 我们抓住被冲销的税 |
[01:41] | and those kids will be better off than their parents, | 而那些孩子会比他们的父母 |
[01:44] | or we, ever were. | 或者我们都要更好 |
[01:45] | Seize all their assets, | 没收他们的所有资产 |
[01:46] | property, utilities, machinery, vehicles, buildings. | 财产 设备 机械 车辆 楼房 |
[01:50] | Everything, even Town fucking Hall. | 全部 甚至还有该死的市政厅 |
[02:18] | Jack Foley! This is how I like to start the day. | 杰克·富利 这可正是我所喜欢的开启新的一天的方式 |
[02:21] | Oh, I can’t match your enthusiasm at the moment. | 我现在可没你那么热情 |
[02:25] | Oh? Sorry to hear that. | 那还真是遗憾 |
[02:27] | I’ve done for you, haven’t I? | 你要求的事我已经做到了 不是吗 |
[02:30] | Recently and at a great profit to you, | 就在近期 让你大赚一笔 |
[02:33] | and yet, your son lets me down. | 然而你儿子却让我失望了 |
[02:36] | The clerkship. | 书记员那件事 |
[02:38] | It’s the bad form that bothers me. | 困扰我的是这种做事方式 很不好 |
[02:40] | He doesn’t know about Sandicot, doesn’t know how you stepped up. | 他不知道桑迪科特的事 不知道是你促成这件事的 |
[02:43] | Can never know. | 永远都不能知道 |
[02:45] | That was a favor for me. | 那是帮我的忙 |
[02:46] | Yes, I torpedoed Axelrod at your behest, | 是啊 我在你的授意之下坏了阿克斯罗德的事 |
[02:49] | and while Chuck may not know that, | 虽然查克不一定知道这件事 |
[02:51] | he does know that I was planning to help him in Albany. | 但他肯定知道纽约州长竞选我本来是要支持他的 |
[02:54] | That should have been more than enough. | 那应该已经够了吧 |
[02:56] | I’m throwing in with Bob Sweeney for governor now. | 我现在支持鲍勃·斯威尼竞选州长 |
[02:59] | That pains me to hear, Jack. | 听到这个消息我很痛心 杰克 |
[03:01] | I-I hope that this, uh– | 我希望这… |
[03:02] | Ah, don’t get it in a twist, Charles. | 别紧张 查尔斯 |
[03:05] | You and I are fine. | 这不会影响到咱俩的关系的 |
[03:07] | I look forward to seeing you at the party. | 希望在晚会上见到你 |
[03:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:19] | Is that Sandicot’s Remington? | 那是桑迪科特的雷明顿作品吗 |
[03:21] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[03:25] | That is the most magnificent thing I’ve ever seen. | 那是我见过的最瑰丽的东西了 |
[03:29] | Is that Yul Brynner? | 那是尤尔·伯连纳吗 |
[03:29] | 影史上著名的”光头影帝” 在电影《豪勇七蛟龙》中成功塑造了牛仔形象 | |
[03:32] | The Remington is here. | 雷明顿到了 |
[03:33] | Don’t confuse that hunk of bronze | 不要把这青铜制品 |
[03:35] | for a “Mission Accomplished” banner. | 当成”任务完成”的横幅 |
[03:38] | I need to know why Foley donkey-punched us. | 我要知道富利为什么摆了我们一道 |
[03:40] | I haven’t been able to find a deal we did | 我没找到我们有哪笔交易 |
[03:41] | – where he got screwed. – You won’t. | -把他坑了 -你找不到的 |
[03:43] | He could have been nursing that grudge for a decade. | 他可能是积攒了近十年的宿怨 |
[03:45] | Look, I know why is among the more tantalizing questions, | 我知道你很想知道到底是为什么 |
[03:48] | but you’re usually disciplined enough not to get into it. | 但你通常足够自律而不会陷入这样的麻烦中 |
[03:50] | This isn’t undisciplined. It’s vigilant. | 这不是不自律的问题 是警觉的问题 |
[03:54] | If there is someone out there with the focus, the animus, | 如果有人怀有敌意 专注于 |
[03:57] | the reach to crush me, I need to know. | 想要打垮我 我需要知道 |
[04:00] | That describes a hundred hedgies. | 有成百对冲基金投资人符合你的描述 |
[04:02] | Yeah, but I see those guys coming. | 没错 但是那些人我都能预见到 |
[04:03] | I can handle them. Foley’s different. | 我能搞定他们 富利不一样 |
[04:06] | He has proven that he can cause great damage | 他已经证明了他可以造成很大伤害 |
[04:09] | without leaving any clues behind. | 而不留下半点证据 |
[04:11] | Light touch. Tight grip. | 轻轻拿起 紧紧握住 |
[04:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:15] | Call Foley directly. Get me in a room with him. | 直接打给富利 跟他预约见面 |
[04:18] | Then I’ll know if I have an enemy. | 我就知道我是否树敌了 |
[04:32] | Your locker, Mr. Rhoades. | 您的储物柜为您开了 罗兹先生 |
[04:33] | Thank you, Domingo. | 谢谢你 多明戈 |
[04:36] | 奈特·希尔曼 永恒典藏 戈尔多型 | |
[04:37] | Now, some people, when aging a cigar, | 有些人在陈化雪茄的时候 |
[04:41] | keep it at 70 percent humidity. | 将湿度保持在百分之七十 |
[04:43] | That mellows the puro. | 那会使雪茄变柔和 |
[04:46] | I, of course, want no such thing. | 我当然不会这么做 |
[04:49] | I take it to 80 percent ’cause I prefer… | 我将湿度保持在百分之八十 因为我更喜欢 |
[04:53] | The funk. | 那浓烈的味道 |
[04:55] | Exactly right. | 正是如此 |
[04:57] | Look at these. | 看看这些 |
[05:01] | 1998 Special Fundadores. | 1998特别版创建雪茄 |
[05:07] | Aged to peak complexity. | 陈化到了巅峰 |
[05:12] | And if they’re not smoked soon, | 如果不立马抽的话 |
[05:15] | they’ll go one-dimensional. | 他们就干瘪了 |
[05:17] | I was hoping to smoke them with you at Foley’s party, | 我本想和你在富利的晚会上抽这些雪茄的 |
[05:19] | but while I’ve received my invitation, | 但是我收到了邀请 |
[05:21] | you were left off the list. | 而你被从名单上划掉了 |
[05:24] | You didn’t get his granddaughter that clerkship, | 你没有让他的孙女拿到书记员的职位 |
[05:27] | and she went crying to him. | 她去向他哭诉了 |
[05:30] | Well, I’m sorry that Foley feels let down. | 我很遗憾让富利失望了 |
[05:33] | He feels disrespected. | 他觉得自己没有受到尊重 |
[05:36] | He could have gotten the girl the damned clerkship himself, | 他自己本来就能让那个女孩拿到那个书记员的职位 |
[05:39] | but he wanted you to do it for him to show fealty, | 但是他想让你为他做 来表示你的忠心 |
[05:41] | to show that when you were governor, | 表示当你当上州长 |
[05:44] | you would remember him. | 你还会记得他 |
[05:45] | What he wanted were his balls gargled. | 他只是想要人跪舔他 |
[05:48] | And if he thinks that’s the relationship we’ll have | 如果他觉得那是我们 |
[05:50] | – as this campaign progresses… – Oh Sonny… | -在竞选中的关系的话 -孩子 |
[05:54] | it’s a little too late for that now. | 现在说这个有点晚了 |
[05:56] | He got himself a new show pony. | 他给自己找了个新秀场玩偶 |
[05:59] | Who? | 谁 |
[06:00] | Bob Sweeney. | 鲍勃·斯威尼 |
[06:02] | Buffalo Bob? | 水牛鲍勃 |
[06:03] | Two terms as mayor, three in the Senate, | 两任市长 三任参议员 |
[06:06] | and he puts on that damn EMT uniform at every parade. | 每次游行的时候他都会穿上那救护员的制服 |
[06:09] | – He’s second-tier. – He was. | -他可不在第一梯队 -之前是 |
[06:13] | But now he has the inside track to the nomination. | 但是现在他在提名中占有利位置 |
[06:17] | Because Foley says he does. | 因为富利这么说 |
[06:19] | Yes, sir! | 是的 |
[06:21] | We don’t have kings, Dad. | 我们没有国王 爸 |
[06:24] | We live in a democracy. | 我们生活在民主国家 |
[06:26] | You sound like a fucking hippie. | 你听起来像个嬉皮士 |
[06:31] | I know that this is difficult to grasp, | 我知道很难理解 |
[06:33] | but the age of the kingmaker is past. | 但是拥立国王的时代已经过去了 |
[06:37] | I don’t need a power broker. | 我不需要权力经纪人 |
[06:39] | I have my own power. | 我有我自己的力量 |
[06:42] | And when it is made manifest, | 当这一点显而易见的时候 |
[06:44] | Foley will zip his fucking pants up | 富利就会拉上他的裤链 |
[06:47] | and look me in the eye. | 好好正视我了 |
[07:01] | Foley won’t talk to you. | 富利不愿意和你谈 |
[07:03] | He won’t even talk to me. | 他甚至都不愿意和我说话 |
[07:06] | Does that seem like the behavior | 那看起来像是 |
[07:07] | of a man whose acts were unintentional? | 一个人的无意行为吗 |
[07:09] | No. But it doesn’t mean you have to engage. | 不是 但那并不意味着你得开战 |
[07:12] | Sure it does. And do it old-school. | 当然要开战 用传统的办法 |
[07:15] | Rough him up? | 搞他一下 |
[07:17] | I’m all for it, but his company’s not publicly traded. | 我完全同意 但是他的公司没有上市 |
[07:20] | We don’t operate in the steel sector. | 我们也不涉猎钢铁业 |
[07:21] | Well, figure out where the fuck he gets his iron. | 想办法知道他他妈从哪拿到铁的 |
[07:24] | He can’t own all the mines. | 不可能所有的矿都是他的 |
[07:29] | I need to know where Jack Foley sources his ore. | 我需要知道杰克·富利的矿石来源 |
[07:32] | Most steel in this country doesn’t come from ore these days, | 这个国家的大部分钢铁不是来源于矿石 |
[07:34] | it comes from scrap. | 而是来源于废料 |
[07:35] | Foley ain’t a scrapper. Someone’s supplying him. | 富利并不是处理废料的人 一定有人在给他供应 |
[07:38] | – Find out who, and Axe is gonna crush Foley’s business. – No. | -找出来是谁 阿克斯会粉碎富利的生意 -不 |
[07:40] | I like a porterhouse as much as anybody, | 我跟任何人一样都喜欢上等牛排 |
[07:42] | but I don’t want to waste your time. | 但是我不想浪费你的时间 |
[07:43] | We’re not switching primes. | 我们不换经纪商 |
[07:45] | Hold on. What? He’s trying to get us to switch brokers. | 等一下 怎么了 他想让我们换经纪人 |
[07:49] | Wants to wine and dine us… me. | 想要好好招待我们 招待我 |
[07:51] | – Tell him we accept. – Okay, in this context, | -告诉他我们接受 -好的 关于这一点 |
[07:53] | I don’t understand “We” or “Accept.” | 我不明白”我们”还有”接受”是什么意思 |
[07:58] | Yeah, you know what, let’s hear the pitch. | 好 这样吧 我们可以听听你的想法 |
[08:00] | Tonight at eight? | 今晚八点 |
[08:03] | Great. See you then. | 很好 到时见 |
[08:07] | I thought we were loyal to Spartan-Ives. | 我以为我们是忠于斯巴坦-艾弗斯的 |
[08:08] | We’re loyal to the bottom line. | 我们忠于底线 |
[08:10] | If there’s money to be made by switching… | 要是换经纪商可以赚到钱 |
[08:12] | Plus a night of hard-core partying in the name of business. | 外加一夜以生意为名义的露骨派对 |
[08:15] | You’re all over it? | 你会全力支持 |
[08:20] | I bet my life you won’t say that again. | 我拿性命打赌 你不敢再说一遍 |
[08:21] | – I didn’t mean– – Oh, your meaning was clear! | -我的意思不是 -你的意思很明确 |
[08:27] | This was a compound fuck-up. | 你两件事都搞砸了 |
[08:29] | First, you misplay the invitation. | 首先 你在邀请上失误了 |
[08:31] | Then you treat me like I’m Courtney Love in ’93. | 然后你把我当1993年的科特妮·洛芙 |
[08:36] | You think I can’t handle myself | 你以为我在卖方市场 |
[08:38] | in a simple fucking sell-side hug and tug? | 都把持不住自己吗 |
[08:42] | I, no, I– | 我 不 我 |
[08:43] | Organize a car to pick me the fuck up later! | 你他妈去安排车 等会来接我 |
[08:56] | I didn’t want him relapsing on my watch. | 我不想让他在我面前旧病复发 |
[09:03] | 神风特攻队 全面进攻取得胜利 兰尼·古斯塔弗森 | |
[09:06] | I’m not a big self-help guy. | 我不怎么需要成功学 |
[09:11] | This is Dr. Lenny “Gus” Gustaferson. | 这是兰尼·古斯塔弗森 古斯博士 |
[09:12] | 神风特攻队 全面进攻取得胜利 | |
[09:15] | Currently works freelance, but until recently, | 目前是自由职业者 但不久前 |
[09:18] | he was the performance coach over at Axe Cap. | 他还是阿克斯资本的绩效教练 |
[09:22] | What, they fired him after they brought back Wendy Rhoades? | 怎么 他们为了雇回温蒂·罗兹炒了他 |
[09:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:26] | Don’t suppose he was happy about that. | 对此他应该高兴不起来吧 |
[09:28] | Can’t imagine that he was. | 难以想象他会高兴 |
[09:30] | Now, what about doctor-patient confidentiality? | 那医患之间的保密机制呢 |
[09:33] | Even if he wanted to talk– | 即使他想谈 |
[09:34] | Well, he may be Dr. Gus, but he’s not an MD. | 他虽然是古斯博士 但他不是医学博士 |
[09:37] | Degrees in kinesthesiology | 动觉相关学位 |
[09:38] | and from the Martha Beck Life Star program. | 参与了玛莎·贝克生命之星计划 |
[09:42] | No, you know what, I don’t want to know about him. | 不 我不想了解他 |
[09:45] | You don’t think that’s what Chuck really wants? | 你不觉得这正是查克需要的吗 |
[09:47] | No, I’m out of the guessing-what-Chuck-Rhoades-wants business. | 不 我不玩猜查克·罗兹心思的那套了 |
[09:50] | My new line is listening to what he actually says, | 我现在要听从他真正所说的话 |
[09:54] | and his standing directive is stay clear of Axelrod, | 而且他的长期指示就是远离阿克斯罗德 |
[09:58] | so that’s what we’re gonna do. | 所以我们要照做 |
[10:10] | Is Marc meeting you at the airport? | 马尔科要在机场见你吗 |
[10:12] | Just the architect. Wanted to keep it under the radar. | 只有建筑师 想要在公开场合 |
[10:15] | You know, you really don’t have to go to Sandicot | 要是你不愿意 你可以不用去 |
[10:17] | if you don’t want to. | 桑迪科特 |
[10:18] | That’s kind of the whole point of having people. | 雇佣别人的意义正在于此 |
[10:20] | Yeah, but if we’re building a school to coax some goodwill, | 对 但如果我们要建学校来骗取一些好感 |
[10:22] | I think it’s probably a good idea | 我觉得我们俩 |
[10:23] | for one of us to actually be involved. | 应该有一个亲自到场 |
[10:26] | It’s the least we can do. | 我们至少要做到这点 |
[10:27] | We did take their prize statue. | 我们确实抢走了他们的奖杯 |
[10:30] | well, you know I’d come up with you if I could. | 要是可以 我也会和你一起去 |
[10:32] | No. | 不用 |
[10:34] | Today Suny Binghamton takes precedence. | 今天宾汉顿纽约州立大学优先 |
[10:37] | – Have a good trip. – Yeah, you, too. | -一路平安 -你也是 |
[10:53] | You realize she is a he, okay? | 你们意识到了”她”其实是男的吧 |
[10:55] | And she’s huge. Like 300 pounds. | 她很庞大 有300磅 |
[10:58] | We finally flip her over. | 我们最终把她翻了过来 |
[10:59] | She’s coding, and the darned paddles don’t work. | 她心脏骤停 而该死的除颤器电极失灵了 |
[11:02] | We all know what it’s like the paddles don’t work. | 我们都知道电极不起作用时会怎么样 |
[11:04] | Means I got to go manual. So — | 意味着我得手动进行 所以 |
[11:08] | Excuse me, folks. | 失陪一下 大伙 |
[11:10] | – To be continued. – Thanks, Bob. | -未完待续 -谢谢 鲍伯 |
[11:13] | Back to chasing ambulances, Chuck? | 又回来追救护车了 查克 |
[11:16] | Bobby boy. | 鲍伯小子 |
[11:18] | All wrapping wounds and pressing flesh, or have you got a minute? | 忙着包扎伤口 按压患处呢 有空吗 |
[11:23] | The state has a lieutenant governor, an AG, | 州里有一位副州长 一位检察长 |
[11:27] | influential university presidents. | 有影响力的大学校长 |
[11:29] | All are a tick or two ahead of you. | 都或多或少地领先于你 |
[11:31] | And some of them, Hell, maybe all of them, | 他们中有些人 或许所有人 |
[11:33] | are gonna get in this thing. | 会参与竞选 |
[11:35] | Foley thought you were the one | 富利认为你会 |
[11:36] | that would cede the most control. | 放弃大部分控制权 |
[11:38] | A few months from now, when you and all those others | 从现在开始几个月后 当你和其他人 |
[11:41] | are in the gubernatorial scrum, churning, gasping, | 在州长角逐中争个头破血流 |
[11:47] | drowning on dry land, | 淹死于旱地时 |
[11:50] | you know where I’ll be? | 你知道我会在哪吗 |
[11:52] | Sitting in the corner, watching, jerking off. | 坐在角落里旁观 打飞机 |
[11:56] | Gliding above you. | 在你们上空滑翔 |
[11:58] | Sailing straight into every debate. | 长驱直入每场辩论 |
[12:00] | A mainstay of every conversation. | 成为每次对话的中流砥柱 |
[12:04] | You’ve been polling. | 你做了民意调查 |
[12:05] | No, but I’ve seen numbers. They’re encouraging. | 不 但我看到结果了 很鼓舞人心 |
[12:09] | I bet you’ve seen the same numbers. | 我敢说你也看到这个结果了 |
[12:12] | I know which end of the poll is up. | 我知道民意调查的走向 |
[12:13] | So then you know that there are some areas | 那你就知道在某些地区 |
[12:15] | where I could use some help. | 我还是需要一些帮助的吧 |
[12:20] | – Upstate. – Your backyard. | -北部 -你的后院 |
[12:21] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[12:24] | You want me to be your lieutenant governor. | 你想让我当你的副州长 |
[12:27] | Come on, I’m here with you. | 拜托 我会与你同在 |
[12:29] | Man to man, sketching the way forward. | 男人之间的联盟 一起披荆斩棘 |
[12:33] | You know, I have won the lowliest fucking elected offices we’ve got. | 我上次得到的是他妈最低的公职 |
[12:38] | Hell, I was the goddamned sanitation commissioner for a year. | 靠 我当了一年该死的卫生局长 |
[12:40] | Yeah, and I rode the trucks. | 对 我还开过卡车 |
[12:42] | I’ve done it right. I’ve done it hard. | 我做得正确 也很努力 |
[12:45] | And this… this is my time. | 这次 这次该我上场了 |
[12:49] | My name recognition is eight times yours. | 我的知名度是你的八倍 |
[12:54] | Don’t underestimate Black Jack Foley… or me. | 别低估了黑杰克·富利 以及我 |
[12:58] | And name recognition means dick. | 还有知名度算个屁 |
[13:00] | Nobody knew George Pataki’s name, | 谁也不知道乔治·帕塔基的名字 |
[13:01] | and then they elected him three times, Chuck. | 大家不还是选了他三次吗 查克 |
[13:03] | So when I’ve been governor for 12 years, | 所以等我做十二年州长之后 |
[13:05] | they’ll know my fucking name. | 人们也他妈会知道我的名字了 |
[13:23] | 神风特攻队 全面进攻取得胜利 兰尼·古斯塔弗森 重生为勇士 | |
[13:28] | This is insubordinate. | 你这是不服从命令 |
[13:30] | And what would you call snaking someone else’s lead? | 那跟踪别人怎么说 |
[13:32] | Don’t say you were protecting me. | 别说你是在保护我 |
[13:34] | Protecting you? | 保护你 |
[13:36] | This is the kind of shit that made me– | 就这种破话让我 |
[13:37] | What, like me or dump me? | 怎么 让你喜欢我还是讨厌我 |
[13:41] | Both. | 都有 |
[13:44] | Well, since we’re here… | 既然我们都来了 |
[13:47] | I wanna… | 我想… |
[13:51] | – We can wait out here till they’re done. – Yeah. | -我们也可以等他们完事 -好 |
[13:56] | I’m offering to buy your product. | 我是在出价买你的产品 |
[13:58] | I’m offering to buy the product from all seven of your scrap yards | 我是在以高价买你七个废料场的 |
[14:01] | at a considerable premium. | 所有产品 |
[14:03] | And you’re saying no? | 而你却拒绝了 |
[14:04] | I’m saying I already have a buyer. | 我是说我已经有买家了 |
[14:07] | You didn’t take this meeting to tell me no. | 你不是为了拒绝我才跟我见面的 |
[14:09] | Actually, I did. | 其实 就是这样的 |
[14:11] | But to tell you no nicely. | 不过是想友好地拒绝你 |
[14:13] | I don’t know what’s going on between you and Foley, | 我不知道你跟富利之间发生了什么 |
[14:16] | but I know it’s enough that you’re taking aim on him, | 但我知道那足以让你瞄准他 |
[14:19] | and I don’t want to do you disrespect | 我也不想对你无礼 |
[14:21] | because I don’t want you taking aim on me. | 因为我不想让你瞄准我 |
[14:24] | Okay, I’m gonna skip the part where I say, “Who’s Foley?” | 好吧 我就不来”谁是富利” |
[14:26] | or, “What does he have to do with this?” | 或者”他跟这件事有什么关系”那套了 |
[14:28] | I’m gonna go straight to doubling the offer. | 我直接把出价翻倍 |
[14:31] | 370% of what you normally make. | 你普通价格的3.7倍 |
[14:35] | I’m basically extorting myself. | 我基本上是在敲诈自己了 |
[14:37] | And I wish I could take advantage, | 我真希望自己能答应 |
[14:38] | but this isn’t a negotiation. | 但这不是谈判 |
[14:40] | – There’s no magic number. – There’s always a number. | -不是什么都有价格的 -一切都是有价格的 |
[14:42] | Not in this case. I do business in this state. | 这次不行 我在这个州做生意 |
[14:45] | I live in this state. | 我在这个周生活 |
[14:46] | Foley could make both of those more unpleasant | 富利可以让我两方面都过得 |
[14:48] | than six hours on the cross at Calvary. | 比钉在十字架上六小时更不愉快 |
[14:50] | I get out of bed one morning and find overnight I’m jammed up | 我早上起来就发现一夜之间 |
[14:53] | with licenses and unions and taxes | 什么执照 工会 税务的破事都找上门来了 |
[14:55] | and he’s found a dozen other ways | 而且他还找了一大堆 |
[14:56] | to hurt me I didn’t see coming. | 我无法想象的方式来伤害我 |
[15:01] | I thank you for your offer. | 谢谢你的出价 |
[15:04] | Hopefully we part on good terms, | 希望我们能和平分手 |
[15:07] | but if not… | 但如果不行的话… |
[15:10] | You’re more afraid of him than you are of me. | 你害怕他多过害怕我 |
[15:23] | A billion dollars. | 十亿美金 |
[15:27] | Are you offering me that? | 你要给我这个价吗 |
[15:29] | No. I’m not fucking insane. | 不 我又不是疯了 |
[15:32] | But you would have taken it. | 但你还是有价格的 |
[15:36] | I do something that’s valuable. | 我做的事都是有价值的 |
[15:38] | I strip people naked to the elements, | 我把人抽筋剥皮 |
[15:41] | and then I help rebuild them out of solid fucking rock. | 然后再用坚石重塑他们 |
[15:43] | – Now, can you appreciate that? – I can. | -你能领会到吗 -我可以 |
[15:48] | Nope. Don’t believe you. | 不 我不相信你 |
[15:50] | Because if you did, | 因为如果你懂 |
[15:52] | you wouldn’t be asking me to snitch. | 你就不会让我告密 |
[15:55] | Axelrod banished you. | 阿克斯罗德抛弃了你 |
[15:57] | He made you a ronin. | 他让你成为一个浪人 |
[16:00] | I’m willing to bet he didn’t give it a moment’s thought, | 我猜他都没怎么考虑过 |
[16:03] | while you’ve been thinking about it every second of the day, | 而你就每时每刻都在想 |
[16:06] | suffering from something you’ve never felt before. | 在你以前从未体会过的感觉中挣扎 |
[16:09] | Doubt. | 怀疑 |
[16:11] | And all because you pledged yourself to an unworthy lord. | 这都是因为你效忠了一个卑劣的老板 |
[16:16] | Axelrod lacks five of the eight virtues of the Bushido. | 武士道的八大美德中阿克斯罗德就缺了五个 |
[16:28] | Six. | 是六个 |
[16:29] | Oftentimes, he wasn’t even polite. | 很多时候 他甚至不讲礼貌 |
[16:33] | Under these circumstances, | 在这种情况下 |
[16:35] | honor doesn’t demand silence or self-harm. | 荣誉不再需要沉默或自残 |
[16:38] | It demands vengeance. | 它需要复仇 |
[16:50] | I can’t deliver that vengeance. | 我无法给你这种复仇 |
[16:54] | I didn’t have that much one-on-one time with Axe. | 我没跟阿克斯有太多的一对一交流 |
[16:56] | He was used to flirting with Wendy Rhoades. | 他习惯了跟温蒂·罗兹打情骂俏 |
[16:59] | I offered a different kind of medicine. | 我提供的是另一种方式的治疗 |
[17:02] | So I didn’t have access to the kind of conversations | 所以我没有参与到 |
[17:07] | that you’re interested in. | 你感兴趣的那些对话中 |
[17:12] | But I know who did. | 但我知道谁参与了 |
[17:15] | His chief of staff. | 他的总参谋 |
[17:17] | Steph Reed. That’s her name. | 她的名字叫斯特·里德 |
[17:19] | She was in on every pitch, | 她参与了每次报告 |
[17:21] | and she doesn’t work there anymore, either. | 而且她也不在那里工作了 |
[17:27] | – Taylor, right? – Right. | -是泰勒吗 -是的 |
[17:36] | How can I help you? | 有什么能帮到你 |
[17:37] | I have to tell you, I’ve had 927 hours of therapy. | 我得告诉你 我已经接受过927个小时的治疗 |
[17:42] | So you’ve seen cognitive, humanistic, | 所以你已经尝试过认知 人本主义 |
[17:45] | probably some holistic. | 可能还有一些整体疗法了 |
[17:48] | What do you think you need? | 你认为你还需要什么 |
[17:50] | I need to know… | 我想知道… |
[17:53] | Mafee. He’s struggling. | 玛菲 他在挣扎 |
[17:56] | He’s our executing trader. He needs to be “On.” He’s not. | 他是我们的执行交易员 他需要”在状态” 他现在并没有 |
[17:59] | And his fall-off coincided with my advancement, | 而且他的落后连累了我的提升 |
[18:01] | which makes me… | 这就让我… |
[18:04] | I was his intern. | 我是他的实习生 |
[18:05] | He could have taken credit for my work. He didn’t. | 他本可以拿我的工作去邀功 他没有 |
[18:08] | So now you’re feeling guilty. | 所以你现在感觉到愧疚 |
[18:11] | And you’re wondering if that’s healthy? | 你在想这种想法是否健康 |
[18:14] | More than that. | 不仅如此 |
[18:16] | I want to know if it’s useful. | 我想知道这是否有用 |
[18:19] | Do you care about your relationships at Axe Cap? | 你在意自己在阿克斯资本的人际关系吗 |
[18:27] | How are those relationships? | 这些人际关系怎么样 |
[18:31] | Good. | 不错 |
[18:34] | – Why do you think that is? – I know why. | -你为什么会这么想呢 -我知道为什么 |
[18:36] | Because the culture is set from the top. | 因为文化是从顶层决定的 |
[18:38] | Since Axe likes me, other people do, or pretend to. | 因为阿克斯喜欢我 所以其他人也喜欢我 或者假装喜欢 |
[18:42] | Why do you think he likes you? | 你为什么觉得他喜欢你 |
[18:44] | One of the two reasons anyone likes anyone else. | 两个喜欢别人的原因之一 |
[18:47] | Either they recognize a part of themselves, | 要不就是他们找到了部分的自己 |
[18:49] | or they see something they can use. | 要不就是他们看到了能利用的地方 |
[18:52] | In this case, I imagine it’s both. | 在这件事上 我想两者都有 |
[18:54] | There’s another reason people like each other. | 人们相互喜欢还有另一个原因 |
[18:56] | They see something they’re lacking, | 他们看到了自己缺少的部分 |
[18:59] | and they want to be near it. | 然后他们想缩短距离 |
[19:01] | Is that what’s between the two of you? | 这就是你们之间的原因吗 |
[19:04] | I’ve noticed a… connection. | 我注意到了一种…关系 |
[19:11] | Everyone always just assumes we were fucking. | 大家总是以为我们是炮友 |
[19:14] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[19:17] | No. | 你没有 |
[19:23] | We met at a similar moment, when we were both trying | 我们在相似的节点相遇 当时我们都想要 |
[19:26] | to figure out who we were going to be. | 知道我们未来会成为怎样的人 |
[19:31] | – And did you? – What? | -你们做到了吗 -什么 |
[19:34] | Turn out the way you figured back then? | 成为那时的你们希望成为的人 |
[19:39] | In some ways, we did. | 在某些方面 我们做到了 |
[19:41] | And in other important ways, we maybe fell a little short. | 在其他重要的方面 我们也许有点不足 |
[19:47] | You’re at a similar moment | 你就在这个相似的节点上 |
[19:51] | with a similar unlimited possibility. | 有着相似的无限可能性 |
[19:57] | – Okay. – In all my years here, | -好吧 -我在这里这么多年 |
[19:59] | no one has walked through that door | 从未有人跨过那扇门 |
[20:01] | because they were worried how another person was feeling. | 是因为他们担心另一个人的心情 |
[20:05] | If you were anyone else, I’d think you were pranking me. | 如果你是其他人 我会以为你在跟我开玩笑 |
[20:10] | I am different. | 我是不同的 |
[20:12] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[20:18] | As far as Mafee goes, maybe just tell him | 至于玛菲的问题 也许你可以直接告诉他 |
[20:20] | you think he’s doing a good job. | 你认为他做得很好 |
[20:23] | He’s not. | 他做得不好 |
[20:25] | And I don’t like to lie. To myself, to others. | 而且我不喜欢说谎 无论对自己还是对别人 |
[20:28] | I’ve been there, and I’m past that. | 我曾经是这样 我不再这样了 |
[20:31] | Well, then encourage him without words. | 那就无言地鼓励他吧 |
[20:35] | Let him know you care. | 让他知道你是关心的 |
[20:37] | How? | 怎么办 |
[20:40] | Just buy him something. | 就给他买点东西 |
[20:46] | Look, I’m just saying. | 我只是想说 |
[20:47] | How many major banks have had their CEOs | 多少家大银行把他们的总裁 |
[20:50] | sent to fucking jail? | 送进了他妈的监狱 |
[20:51] | Jail! It’s a small list, isn’t it? | 监狱 那没几家不是吗 |
[20:54] | Spartan-Ives is tainted. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯名声已毁 |
[20:56] | A lot of shops don’t want them walking through the door. | 好多商家都不允许他们进店 |
[20:58] | I get the anti-them. What’s the pro-you? | 我理解他们为什么敌对 这对你有什么好处 |
[21:02] | Industry leaders, like Axe Capital, | 企业领袖 像阿克斯资本那种 |
[21:04] | need to get away from the gilded cage. | 需要从金笼子里走出来 |
[21:05] | – That’s why we host– – How much will you undercut | -这是为什么我们举办 -接下来的两年里 |
[21:07] | Spartan-Ives over the next two years? | 你打算削减斯巴坦-艾弗斯多少工作量 |
[21:10] | Ten percent. | 百分之十 |
[21:11] | That’s promising. On the money. | 从资金角度 还是有望的 |
[21:14] | But on the pleasure end, it’s not gonna cut it. | 但从完美的结局来说 这不会被削减的 |
[21:17] | I mean, dinner. | 我是说 这晚餐 |
[21:21] | An ordinary evening augurs ordinary returns. | 一个正常的夜晚预示着正常的回归 |
[21:26] | Let me show you how I like it. | 容我向你展示下我有多喜欢它 |
[21:33] | Fire-walk with me. | 跟我一起与火同行 |
[21:56] | Oh, sorry. Does anyone want one? | 不好意思 有人想来一点吗 |
[21:58] | Vaportini. He’s actually vaping alcohol. | 酒精烟 他是真的在用电子香烟吸酒 |
[22:01] | It really enhances the flavor of the green fairy. | 这真的能提高绿仙子酒的口味 |
[22:05] | Maybe you say “When,” Wags. | 也许你该谈谈什么时候了 瓦格斯 |
[22:07] | Apart from being able to smoke your beverages, | 除了能吸你的饮料 |
[22:09] | how is this different from where we would have taken you? | 这和我们要带你去的地方有什么不同 |
[22:11] | You would have brought us to a demeaning, | 你们会带我们去一个低俗的 |
[22:14] | run-of-the-mill titty bar. | 平常的脱衣舞酒吧 |
[22:16] | This is an empowering cabaret | 这个是被承认的歌舞表演 |
[22:18] | that celebrates the feminine ideal. | 来庆祝完美的女性形象 |
[22:21] | College-educated professionals by day, | 白天是受过高等教育的专业人士 |
[22:24] | entertainers by night. | 晚上是专业表演人员 |
[22:25] | Martha here is a viral marketer. | 这位玛萨是一个网络市场推广员. |
[22:27] | And a SoulCycle instructor. | 也是灵魂单车的健身教练 |
[22:31] | You know I can’t do that out here. | 你知道我不能在这儿做这个 |
[22:33] | Ohh. Capital idea. | 好主意 |
[22:56] | You don’t want to get in on this? | 你不想加入进来吗 |
[22:57] | No lap dances. I made a pledge. | 不要大腿舞 我保证过了 |
[23:01] | To Deb? | 对黛布 |
[23:03] | You’re exclusive? | 你们正式交往了 |
[23:04] | She’s not. I am. | 她还没有 我是了 |
[23:09] | I like your mustache. | 我喜欢你的小胡子 |
[23:11] | I have a mustache? | 我留胡子了吗 |
[23:15] | You ever see guys in here from SoulCycle? | 你有没有在这儿见过灵魂单车的人 |
[23:18] | All the time. | 总能见到 |
[23:20] | Small world when you’re tapping it back. | 四处留情 到哪儿都是熟人 |
[23:23] | That guy is staring at you. | 那人在盯着你 |
[23:31] | Tommy Barkow. | 汤米·巴尔克 |
[23:33] | Spartan-Ives. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的 |
[23:34] | – Fuck! – He doesn’t get Martha. | -该死 -玛萨不能给他 |
[23:36] | You bought her for me for the night. | 你把她今晚都买下给我了 |
[23:39] | You got to jump primes now. | 你现在必须得换经纪商了 |
[23:46] | Enjoy your white truffle drink. | 请享受你的白松露酒 |
[23:51] | You’re wasting the world’s most perfect fungus. | 你在浪费世界上最完美的真菌 |
[23:53] | – Try it. – Pass. | -试试看 -我算了 |
[23:56] | You know what it takes to find a truffle? | 你知道要怎么找到一颗松露吗 |
[23:58] | A hog, a dog, whatever keenly scented, | 一头猪或者一条狗 或者派出其他什么 |
[24:01] | carefully trained animal gets the assignment, | 嗅觉敏锐 仔细训练过的动物 |
[24:03] | spends a lifetime traipsing through the dark, | 穷尽一生在暗夜游走 |
[24:06] | sniffing out the slightest aroma. | 嗅探最细微的芬芳 |
[24:08] | And only then the digging begins. | 只有这样发掘才算开始 |
[24:11] | And what do you think they’re digging through? | 你觉得他们都在哪里翻找 |
[24:13] | Shit. | 屎 |
[24:15] | That’s the thing we don’t say much about, right? | 我们平时不怎么提这个词 对吧 |
[24:18] | The things we most value, | 我们最珍惜的 |
[24:20] | the things we pay most dearly to ingest | 花了最多钱来吸收消化的东西 |
[24:23] | are grown in shit. | 是在屎里生成的 |
[24:28] | What the fuck are you talking about? | 你他妈在说些什么 |
[24:32] | I had a conversation with Bob Sweeney | 我和鲍勃·斯威尼谈了谈 |
[24:35] | that didn’t go as smoothly as a Dick Button figure eight. | 谈得并不像迪克·巴顿八连冠那么顺利 |
[24:38] | Now my only option is to squash him where he stands. | 现在我唯一的选项是就地废了他 |
[24:41] | Oppo research, leverage. | 负面调查 用点手段 |
[24:44] | Only I can’t do it. | 问题是我做不来 |
[24:47] | Well, that kind of politics, it’s disgusting. | 那种政治很是恶心 |
[24:49] | You know, I interned once on the Hill– | 我曾经在国会实习过 |
[24:51] | I meant I can’t be a party to it personally. | 我是说我不能亲自参与 |
[24:55] | The due diligence. | 尽职调查 |
[24:58] | The digging. | 这个调查 |
[25:02] | You want me to do it. | 你想让我去做 |
[25:07] | That’s what this night is. | 这才是今晚的目的 |
[25:10] | What makes you think I know how to do something– | 你怎么会觉得我知道该怎么办 |
[25:11] | – Do you know? – Of course. | -你知道吗 -当然了 |
[25:15] | I’m well-mannered. I’m not nice. | 我举止得体 但我可不友好 |
[25:18] | Fuck. | 我靠 |
[25:21] | You’re basically asking me | 你就是想要我 |
[25:22] | to form the committee to re-elect the president. | 建立起委员会 重选主席 |
[25:24] | I always knew I’d end up like John Mitchell. | 我就知道我会步约翰·米彻尔的后尘 |
[25:26] | – Ira. – I’ll do it. | -艾拉 -我会照做的 |
[25:29] | Fuck it. | 去他妈的 |
[25:39] | You know that I practically live at St. Venus. | 你知道我就是住在圣威尼斯的 |
[25:43] | I must have forgotten that. | 我一定是忘了这一点 |
[25:45] | You didn’t throw those fucking Patriot Bank twinks | 你他妈冲我丢过来几个爱国者银行的小同志 |
[25:48] | in my face to tell me we’re over. | 不是为了告诉我 我们玩完了 |
[25:51] | You did it to spice up the relationship. | 你是为了给这关系添油加醋 |
[25:55] | What will you give me to stay home? | 你会拿什么来留住我 |
[26:13] | Wags, what are you doing here? | 瓦格斯 你在这儿干嘛 |
[26:15] | Spartan-Ives is reducing their fee 20 percent | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯未来两年 |
[26:17] | – for the next two years. – Outstanding. | -减少我们20%的费用 -真厉害 |
[26:20] | I guess loyalty gets rewarded. | 我想忠诚是会得到回报的 |
[26:22] | Mafee helped. | 玛菲帮了忙 |
[26:31] | Say the other thing, the thing that made you | 讲讲其他事 让你跑来这儿 |
[26:34] | come out here instead of just texting. | 亲自告诉我 而不是短信我的事 |
[26:37] | 20 percent is good. It’s great. | 20%不错 很棒 |
[26:40] | But it’s not drive-over- | 但不是那种 |
[26:41] | in-the-middle-of-the-night great. | 半夜飙车的棒 |
[26:45] | It… I’m not supposed to be the one | 我不该是那个总是 |
[26:49] | all fucking worried about grinding out the extra 20. | 他妈的担心挤出多余的20%的人 |
[26:52] | Uh, yeah, you are. It’s your job. | 不 你是的 这是你的工作 |
[26:55] | On paper. | 纸面上的 |
[26:56] | But when I’m actually doing it, it means you’re not | 但当我真正干起来的时候 这意味着你不在 |
[27:00] | because you’re worried about something else. | 因为你在担心其他的事 |
[27:03] | Yeah. Foley. | 是的 富利 |
[27:07] | There is no reason to spend this much energy, time, and money | 没理由花这么多精力 时间和金钱 |
[27:10] | trying to parse the secret motives | 试图分析什么圣坦曼尼之子 |
[27:12] | of some son of St. Tammany. | 的秘密目的 |
[27:14] | You’re right. There isn’t. | 你说得对 确实没理由 |
[27:18] | Except for one. Aluminum. | 除了一个 铝 |
[27:22] | That’s what it tastes like, anyway. | 总之 这也是它尝起来的感觉 |
[27:24] | Fear in the back of my throat. | 恐惧 如鲠在喉 |
[27:27] | You know, most people, they try to move away from fear, | 大多数人试图摆脱恐惧 |
[27:30] | try to organize it out of their lives as soon as they’re able. | 一旦有办法就要把它清理出日常生活 |
[27:33] | Me? I cultivate it. | 我呢 我与恐惧为伴 |
[27:35] | I try to recognize it and order it and use it. | 我试着去认识它 管理它并利用它 |
[27:39] | That’s how I survived growing up, | 我就是这样捱过成长岁月的 |
[27:40] | and it’s how I still live my life today, | 并且时至今日我依然按这种方式生活 |
[27:43] | heeding and listening to my fear. | 重视并听从我的恐惧 |
[27:46] | And what’s it telling you now? | 那现在它告诉你什么 |
[27:48] | That this is not just some political move. | 这一切不只是政治行动 |
[27:51] | It’s personal. | 而是针对个人 |
[27:54] | And I cannot rest until I fucking know why. | 在弄清原因之前我一刻都不会休息 |
[28:00] | Axe Cap was not what I thought it would be. | 阿克斯资本不是我想的那样 |
[28:04] | What did you expect? | 你以为是什么样的 |
[28:05] | A training ground. | 一座培训场 |
[28:07] | A chance to observe every part of the industry | 有机会和该行业最具才智的人一起 |
[28:09] | sitting next to the best mind in the industry. | 观察行业的每个方面 |
[28:13] | And instead? | 事实上呢 |
[28:15] | You ever read The Banality of Evil? | 你读过《平庸之恶》吗 |
[28:17] | I could see myself ending up like that. | 我觉得自己最终会变成那种人 |
[28:20] | Following orders, normalizing. | 听从命令 随大流 |
[28:22] | In a way, it was a relief to be let go. | 在某种程度上来说 离职是一种解脱 |
[28:25] | You care to be a little more specific | 你能具体说一下 |
[28:27] | about the orders you didn’t want to follow? | 你不想遵循的指示吗 |
[28:30] | I signed an NDA. | 我签过保密协议 |
[28:31] | If I tell you any details about Axe Cap, | 若我跟你们说了任何有关阿克斯资本的细节 |
[28:34] | I expose myself to liability. | 是要承担法律责任的 |
[28:36] | And the loss of a classic-six. | 还会失去这套豪华公寓 |
[28:38] | Look, you’re the lawyers. | 你们是法律工作者 |
[28:40] | You’re not honestly advising me to break a valid contract, are you? | 你们不是在怂恿我违约吧 对吗 |
[28:49] | Your medal. | 你得过勋章 |
[28:51] | We knew that you went to West Point, | 我们知道你上过西点军校 |
[28:53] | but that you care enough to display it, | 但你把它挂出来说明你很重视它 |
[28:56] | well, you weren’t just making your family proud. | 不只是为了光耀门楣 |
[28:58] | That’s a real sense of service. | 它代表了真正的敬业精神 |
[29:03] | I know I’m supposed to give their lawyer a heads-up, | 我知道我应该事先通知他们的律师 |
[29:07] | but I think I’m pretty safe to talk… | 但要是你们带着传票来 |
[29:12] | if you bring me a subpoena. | 我觉得谈谈也没什么大碍 |
[29:16] | I would have loved to bring you more, | 我也想告诉你更多信息的 |
[29:17] | but she won’t talk without a subpoena. | 但没有传票她不愿开口 |
[29:19] | I can’t get one without creating a paper trail, | 搞一张传票一定会留下痕迹 |
[29:21] | and I wouldn’t make this official without your blessing. | 并且未经你同意又不具有效力 |
[29:23] | Well, you might as well put a bowl of ramen in front of me. | 你还不如在我面前放一碗拉面呢 |
[29:26] | I mean, I wanna slurp this up. | 我想把它一扫而光[一网打尽] |
[29:28] | I knew you would. | 我知道你会这么做的 |
[29:29] | But I no longer give in to those appetites. | 但我不会再向自己的欲望屈服 |
[29:32] | This isn’t an indulgence. It’s an obsession. | 这不是纵欲 这是一种执迷 |
[29:34] | – Tell me I’m wrong. – No, you’re not. | -我说错了吗 -没有错 |
[29:37] | But that obsession nearly had me out on the street. | 但这份执迷差点让我丢了饭碗 |
[29:40] | So now I have to ask what’s the upside? | 所以现在我得问问你这么做有什么好处 |
[29:44] | Seeing that fuck in jail. | 把那个混蛋送入监狱 |
[29:46] | You still want that, don’t you? | 你仍想看到这一幕的 对吗 |
[29:47] | I want to see him in the ground. | 我是想看到他不得翻身 |
[29:50] | But I also want to see myself in Albany | 但我也想看到自己坐上州长之位 |
[29:53] | and you in here. | 你接手我的位子 |
[29:55] | So maybe there will be a time when the moment presents itself, | 或许有一天时机成熟 |
[29:58] | and then I’ll sign subpoenas and request warrants | 然后我再签发传票 申请逮捕令 |
[30:01] | and we’ll mobilize and we will take him. | 调动人手将他一举拿下 |
[30:04] | But that can’t be now. | 但现在不行 |
[30:12] | I’m glad I stayed. | 我庆幸我留下了 |
[30:16] | I’m glad I let you. | 我庆幸我让你留下了 |
[30:22] | Remember that board that’s been begging me to join? | 还记得那个一直恳求我加入的董事会吗 |
[30:24] | The petting zoo. | 爱畜乐园 |
[30:25] | It’s an animal conservancy, I think. | 我以为那是个动物保护协会 |
[30:28] | Anyway, tell them I’m in, along with the big donation. | 总之告诉他们我加入 并且给他们一大笔捐款 |
[30:31] | The only thing I want from them is their assurance | 我只想让他们保证 |
[30:33] | that Jack Foley be named their man of the year | 提名杰克·富利为年度人物 |
[30:36] | and that I’ll be the one presenting him the damn thing. | 然后我来当那个给他颁奖的人 |
[30:44] | A package came for you. I put it on your desk. | 有你的包裹 我放在你桌上了 |
[30:46] | It smells musty. | 闻起来有股霉味 |
[30:50] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[31:21] | 罗伯特·斯威尼 个人经历 潜在弱点 宗教训练营情况/斯威尼的儿子 | |
[31:30] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[31:31] | Chuckwagon. | 查克老伙计 |
[31:34] | I thought my secretary was fucking with me | 我秘书跟我说你到这来了的时候 |
[31:35] | when she said you were here. | 我以为她在忽悠我 |
[31:37] | – No, she told it true. – So I see. | -没有 她说的是实话 -是啊 |
[31:39] | Tell me you didn’t, uh, trek all the way up to beautiful Buffalo | 别告诉我你一路长途跋涉来到美丽的布法罗 |
[31:42] | to ask to be my lieutenant governor. | 就是为了来给我当副州长的 |
[31:44] | You know, see, I need diversity down the ticket, you know? | 我要争取多种人群的选票 明白吗 |
[31:47] | Oh, don’t sell our potential ticket short. | 别低估我们能拿到的选票数 |
[31:50] | Come on. We have so many areas of commonality. | 拜托 我们在很多领域有共性 |
[31:53] | Gun control, healthcare. | 枪支管控 医疗保险 |
[31:56] | Everything but family values. | 除家庭价值观以外的一切 |
[31:59] | What do you mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[32:00] | Well, I was thinking about your son. | 我是说你的儿子 |
[32:02] | The gay one. | 同性恋的那个 |
[32:05] | You really think people have a problem with that | 你真以为在当今时代 |
[32:06] | in this day and age? | 人们会接受不了这种事 |
[32:07] | No, I think you do. | 不 我觉得是你接受不了 |
[32:09] | Which is why you sent him to that religious boot camp | 所以你才在他十七岁的时候 |
[32:12] | when he was 17… to pray the gay away. | 把他送去宗教训练营 希望借祈祷让他变直 |
[32:18] | Boy, the letters that poor kid sent to his friends. | 天呐 看看那可怜的孩子寄给他朋友的信 |
[32:20] | You sling innuendo like that without evidence, | 你一点证据都没有就含沙射影 |
[32:22] | you’re gonna look like– | 这行为就像… |
[32:31] | “They said we sexualized masculine connection | “他们说我们对男性产生性欲 |
[32:33] | because we didn’t have enough healthy, non-sexual | 因为我们与我们的父亲没有足够健康的 |
[32:36] | connection with our fathers. | 非性关系 |
[32:38] | So they made me sit | 所以他们让我 |
[32:40] | shoulder-by-shoulder with another kid | 和别的孩子并肩而坐 |
[32:42] | and then put our arms around each other. | 彼此拥抱 |
[32:44] | They called it ‘healing touch,’ | 他们把这叫做”疗愈” |
[32:48] | though, of course, all I could think about | 尽管如此 我却只想 |
[32:50] | was kissing his shoulder.” | 亲吻他的肩膀” |
[32:52] | Enough. | 够了 |
[32:54] | There was a sympathetic counselor. | 训练营里有个富有同情心的辅导员 |
[32:56] | He made copies, smuggled them out. | 他复印了信件 偷带了出来 |
[32:57] | – I can read more if you’d like. – Don’t. | -要是你想听的话我再给你念几段 -别念了 |
[33:01] | I see the wheels turning. | 我知道你的大脑正在飞速运转 |
[33:04] | I see you trying to figure out how to triage this one. | 试图想出挽救此事的办法 |
[33:07] | Well, what about the political confessional? | 做个政治忏悔怎么样 |
[33:09] | You can stare into the camera and deliver your mea culpa. | 你可以看着镜头承认你的过失 |
[33:12] | It would work, only you would need to start out | 这办法会奏效的 你只需要着手 |
[33:14] | with name recognition. | 提高知名度 |
[33:17] | So I guess you have a choice. | 所以我觉得你还有得选 |
[33:20] | This can be the way | 奉上帝之名 |
[33:21] | the people of New York finally learn your name | 强迫自己的儿子变成直男 |
[33:23] | for forcing your son straight in the name of the Lord. | 这不失为一个让纽约人民知道你大名的办法 |
[33:26] | “Healing touch” should play great in the five boroughs. | “疗愈”在纽约五区里定会引起热议 |
[33:29] | Or you can step aside and explain | 或者你可以退出并解释说 |
[33:33] | that you have looked at the future, | 你为了未来而考虑 |
[33:35] | and where we’re going, | 然后得出 |
[33:38] | “We need Rhoades.” | “我们需要罗兹”的结论 |
[33:43] | You think this is how this is gonna go? | 你以为事情会这么发展吗 |
[33:50] | I will see you in the primaries, Chuck. | 我们初选会上见 查克 |
[33:55] | Looking forward to it. | 特别期待 |
[34:06] | A Hell in a Cell poster? | 地狱铁笼赛的海报 |
[34:10] | Autographed by Taker and Mankind?! | 还有战胜者跟大汉子的亲笔签名 |
[34:13] | – Ben, did you get me this? – What? | -本 你给我的吗 -什么 |
[34:16] | I know it wasn’t you. | 我就知道不是你给我的 |
[34:18] | Everything after Sammartino/Zbyszko is bullshit. | 撒姆马提诺和巴慈科之后的都是狗屎 |
[34:18] | 布鲁诺·撒姆马提诺 WWE冠军最长保持纪录保持者 拉里·巴慈科 撒姆马提诺的徒弟及对手 | |
[34:21] | Okay, you just called the Macho Man bullshit. | 你刚刚说铁血猛男也是狗屎 |
[34:23] | What was Stan Stasiak and his heart punch? | 斯坦·斯塔夏克跟他那胸部拳又算什么呢 |
[34:25] | Actually, I got it. | 其实是我送的 |
[34:28] | Oh. Uh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:33] | It’s got a “Brokeback” sort of charm. | 它有种”断背”的美感 |
[34:35] | “I just can’t quit you.” | “我就是离不开你” |
[34:42] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[34:46] | Yeah, I know where that is. | 是的 我知道那地方 |
[34:50] | I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[34:54] | That was Foley. Just invited me to his house. | 富利的电话 邀请我去他家 |
[34:57] | For the party? | 参加宴会吗 |
[34:59] | No. | 不是 |
[35:02] | This just arrived. Hand-engraved. | 刚收到这个 手刻的 |
[35:08] | There are so many things | 有许多事情 |
[35:09] | that we have gotten relaxed about. | 我们都得过且过 |
[35:13] | Running out ground balls to first. | 地滚球出局也要跑垒 |
[35:15] | Knowing a martini means gin. | 知道马提尼要用杜松子酒 |
[35:19] | Isn’t it nice that someone is maintaining standards? | 有人依然遵循行为标准 这多好啊 |
[35:22] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得这是什么意思 |
[35:26] | That he appreciates your aggression. | 意思是他欣赏你的攻击性 |
[35:29] | Or he’s furious that you assassinated an ally. | 或者你刺杀了一个同盟者激怒他了 |
[35:33] | Assassinated? | 刺杀 |
[35:34] | Sweeney quit. | 斯威尼退出了 |
[35:36] | Out of the race before it even began, | 竞选还没开始就退出了 |
[35:38] | on the heels of your visit. | 就在你找他之后 |
[35:45] | Come on. Let’s go pick out some tails. | 走吧 咱们去选几件燕尾服 |
[36:13] | Can someone take care of my car? | 麻烦谁照看一下我的车好吗 |
[36:15] | Valet’s not open yet. | 泊车员还没来 |
[36:19] | Shit. Danny. Danny Margolis. | 靠 丹尼 丹尼·马格里斯 |
[36:21] | Anyway, uh, I’m not a valet. | 算了 我不是泊车员 |
[36:24] | I started as a valet. Worked my way up to waiter. | 一开始是 通过努力当上了侍者 |
[36:27] | Barback’s just around the corner, so… Heh. | 马上就能当上助理调酒师了 所以… |
[36:30] | Heard you ended up doing time. | 听说你最后坐牢了 |
[36:32] | Didn’t make me happy. | 我挺难过的 |
[36:34] | Yeah, paid my debt, all that. | 是的 还了债什么的 |
[36:36] | Hey, uh, Axe, if you can use somebody | 阿克斯 如果你需要人 |
[36:40] | to analyze companies or bring you ideas, you know… | 分析公司或者出出主意什么的 |
[36:44] | You know, I always liked you, Danny. | 我一直都很喜欢你 丹尼 |
[36:47] | But you did the one thing no one can ever come back from. | 但是你做了一件谁都回不了头的事情 |
[37:03] | I’m honored that the Restore the Eastern Timber Wolf Conservancy | 我很荣幸恢复东部森林狼保护协会 |
[37:06] | has seen fit to name me its man of the year, | 把我提名为年度人物 |
[37:09] | but I’m also a little surprised, | 但我也有些惊讶 |
[37:11] | since I didn’t, well, until this morning, | 因为 今天早晨我才知道 |
[37:14] | actually know what an eastern timber wolf looked like. | 东部森林狼到底长什么样子 |
[37:17] | Kind of mangy. | 有点脏脏的 |
[37:19] | I understand it’s the coyote blood. | 我知道它是郊狼族的 |
[37:22] | Terrific organization, though. Wouldn’t you agree? | 挺棒的组织 你不觉得吗 |
[37:25] | Haven’t a clue. | 并不知道 |
[37:30] | Hell of a gambit, hmm? | 开场白挺尴尬的 |
[37:32] | If this was just a little row between the two of us, | 如果这只是我们两人之间的小争执的话 |
[37:36] | we’d shake hands, I’d take that stupid award, | 还是握手言和吧 我会去领那个破奖的 |
[37:39] | and you’d have nothing more to fear. | 你也没什么好害怕的了 |
[37:42] | So, are we shaking hands? | 那么 我们要握手言和吗 |
[37:45] | Humbled as I am to have been singled out, | 我这么谦逊的人 要是被选上 |
[37:47] | I must decline. | 肯定是要谢绝的 |
[37:49] | Do I need to call those wolf people back, or…? | 要我给那帮狼人回电话吗 还是… |
[37:52] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来处理吧 |
[37:55] | So, you got what you came for. | 好吧 你达到此行的目的了 |
[37:59] | You now know– | 你现在知道了 |
[38:00] | That you weren’t trying to fuck me over | 你不是因为个人恩怨 |
[38:01] | out of some personal animus. | 才想击垮我 |
[38:04] | Someone asked you a favor, | 有人请你帮忙 |
[38:06] | and you wouldn’t want that same person | 而你又不想让那个人 |
[38:08] | to see us cozy together on the dais. | 看见你我在台上其乐融融 |
[38:13] | Would you mind telling me who? | 你介意告诉我是谁吗 |
[38:18] | Inelegant of you to even ask. | 你这么问就不体面了 |
[38:21] | Because it forces me to say that the Location Board | 因为这样就是逼我承认选址委员会 |
[38:24] | combs through many factors. | 受到许多因素的干扰 |
[38:25] | Sandicot submitted a proposal and was under consideration, | 桑迪科特递交了一个提案 我们正在考虑 |
[38:28] | as were many other locations. Ultimately– | 就像其他许多地点一样 最终… |
[38:31] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选了 |
[38:33] | that would bring the greatest benefit | 能够给最多数人带来 |
[38:34] | to the greatest number of people. | 最大利益的那个地点 |
[38:36] | Yes, I know the party line. | 是的 我知道政党路线 |
[38:36] | You could have written something more stylish. | 你本可以写点时髦的东西 |
[38:39] | It’s not supposed to be stylish. | 不是为了时髦 |
[38:41] | It’s supposed to make you feel a little bit ill, | 是为了恶心你的 |
[38:44] | like an out-of-season oyster. | 就像一只过季的牡蛎 |
[38:47] | You got into this room, Mr. Axelrod, | 你能进这个房间 阿克斯罗德先生 |
[38:49] | because I appreciated the, uh, | 是因为我欣赏 |
[38:52] | fluidity of your tactics. | 你变幻莫测的战术 |
[38:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:56] | But our relationship ends right there. | 但是我们的关系也就到此为止了 |
[39:00] | If we’d come together some other way, I’d feel certain | 如果我们以其他方式相遇 |
[39:02] | we might have been something like friends, | 我敢肯定我们可能做朋友 |
[39:04] | but that can never happen now, | 但目前永远都不可能了 |
[39:06] | despite the rareness of your gifts. | 尽管你的礼物如此珍贵稀有 |
[39:10] | I hold to a code of loyalty, | 我很注重忠诚 |
[39:11] | which may very well be outmoded, but has served me well. | 可能已经过时了 但是对我挺管用的 |
[39:16] | And to be honest, | 而且 说实话 |
[39:18] | I like the way it makes me feel when I choose sides. | 我喜欢我自己选择站哪个队的感觉 |
[39:23] | Well, that’s something I can understand. | 这个我懂 |
[39:26] | Understand this, too, then. | 那这个你也尽量理解一下 |
[39:31] | I know you’re not satisfied with what you’ve learned. | 我知道你对自己获知的并不满意 |
[39:35] | Your search will continue, | 你会继续调查 |
[39:37] | and it may take you down a great number of paths. | 可能会给你指出许多可走之路 |
[39:41] | But don’t come back down this one. | 但是别回到这条上来 |
[39:43] | There’s nothing for you here. | 这没有你想要的 |
[39:49] | Now, if you’ll excuse me… | 失陪了 |
[39:51] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 |
[39:53] | Ahh, you have to get ready for your thing. | 你得准备你的事了 |
[39:58] | A last question, if you’ll indulge me. | 请允许我问最后一个问题 |
[40:04] | Do you like parties? | 你喜欢聚会吗 |
[40:07] | Oh, I fucking love ’em. | 我爱死了 |
[40:21] | Hey, Margolis. | 马格里斯 |
[40:23] | Turns out I do have something for you after all. | 我现在还真有些事需要你做 |
[40:26] | That’s great. Should I stop by the office? | 太棒了 我应该去办公室一下吗 |
[40:28] | You’re not walking through that door ever again. | 你再也不许进那个门 |
[40:30] | This isn’t a fresh start. | 这不是个全新的开始 |
[40:32] | I have to use you for what you are now, Danny. | 我得利用你现在的身份 丹尼 |
[40:35] | But if you come through for me, I’ll pay off your house. | 但是如果你能满足我的需要 我会付清你房子的贷款 |
[40:48] | Oh, thank you for switching nights with me. | 谢谢你跟我换夜班 |
[40:50] | It has all been really last-minute. | 真是刚刚才决定的事 |
[40:57] | Yeah, I know. | 我明白 |
[40:59] | If you think my dinner suit was trying too hard, | 如果你觉得我的晚礼服有点过头了 |
[41:01] | this must look ridiculous. | 那这个看起来一定太滑稽了 |
[41:02] | No, no, I wasn’t… | 不 不 我没有… |
[41:06] | I’ve been thinking about our fight. | 我一直想着我们那次吵架 |
[41:09] | Which one? | 哪一次 |
[41:11] | After you used Kevin as a photo op. | 你利用凯文摆拍之后那次 |
[41:15] | It was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[41:17] | Yes, I know. You told me. Hence the fight. | 是 我知道 你告诉我了 所以我们才吵 |
[41:19] | No, what I said when I was angry, | 不 我说的气话 |
[41:22] | that, that was the bigger mistake. | 那才错得更严重 |
[41:26] | I was closing off, and boundaries are one thing, | 我正把自己封闭起来 有界限是一回事 |
[41:28] | but we shouldn’t be encouraging each other not to share things. | 但是我们不该停止与对方交流 |
[41:30] | Honesty is essential if we’re gonna figure this out, | 我们要是想解决这个问题 诚实是必需的 |
[41:34] | whether we’re finding our way back to each other or… | 不管我们是要复合还是… |
[41:42] | I’ve been regretting the same conversation myself. | 我自己也在后悔那天的谈话 |
[41:46] | I didn’t mean what I said about seeing other people. | 我说跟人约会都不是认真的 |
[41:50] | I twisted your words to get us there | 我曲解了你的话才导致我们现在这样 |
[41:51] | because I was feeling defensive, | 因为我防卫性太强了 |
[41:54] | and, uh, I suppose, guilty. | 而且我认为自己有错 |
[42:01] | I went on a date, I think. | 我好像是去约会了 |
[42:05] | No, it was a date. | 不是好像 就是个约会 |
[42:07] | A woman from jiu-jitsu. | 柔术课上认识的女人 |
[42:16] | Nothing really happened. | 什么事都没发生 |
[42:19] | A kiss. | 就吻了一下 |
[42:23] | I stopped it there | 然后我就打住了 |
[42:25] | because whatever our declared status, | 因为不管我们的关系对外宣称是怎样 |
[42:31] | in my heart, it felt like adultery. | 在我心里 那就像是出轨 |
[42:37] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[42:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[42:43] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:49] | I’m sorry. I hijacked the conversation. | 抱歉 这次对话被我控制了 |
[42:51] | No, no, I, um… | 不 不 我… |
[42:57] | I feel like I should volunteer something, too, | 我觉得本着坦诚的精神 |
[42:58] | in the spirit of honesty. | 我也应该主动说点什么 |
[43:03] | You have something like that? | 你有想说的事吗 |
[43:06] | Yeah. | 有 |
[43:07] | Yeah, I have something to admit. | 是啊 我有些事情得承认 |
[43:33] | You don’t look ridiculous. You look fuckin’ hot. | 你看起来不滑稽 而是性感极了 |
[44:08] | Hello? | 你好 |
[44:09] | It’s Wendy Rhoades. | 我是温蒂·罗兹 |
[44:09] | I’m sorry to call so late, | 抱歉这么晚给你打电话 |
[44:10] | – but I figured you’d still be at the office. – I am. | -但我觉得你应该还在办公室 -没错 |
[44:14] | That first question you asked. | 你问的第一个问题 |
[44:17] | Are your feelings about Mafee helpful? | 你对玛菲的感觉有帮助吗 |
[44:21] | More than any stock you’ll ever champion, | 比你力挺的任何股票 |
[44:24] | more than any time you’ll impress somebody by being right. | 比你在别人面前证明自己正确都更有帮助 |
[44:29] | You haven’t noticed yet. | 你还没注意到 |
[44:30] | By the time anyone notices, it’s usually too late, | 等到有人注意到 通常就太晚了 |
[44:32] | but that place has a way of obscuring, | 但是那个地方确实能让人困惑 |
[44:36] | corroding, eating you from the fucking inside. | 能腐蚀你 从内部吞噬你 |
[44:40] | And you have a rare chance to survive. | 你生还的机会非常渺茫 |
[44:43] | You’re so far ahead of where Axe and I were | 你现在这个年纪 |
[44:45] | when we were your age. | 比当年的阿克斯和我要强不少 |
[44:46] | We hadn’t made hard choices. You know yourself better. | 我们没有做过艰难的抉择 你更了解你自己 |
[44:50] | And your feelings are a lifeline | 而你的感觉是把你 |
[44:53] | connecting you back to that place, | 跟那个地方重新连接起来的生命线 |
[44:54] | screaming at you from your core, “Don’t forget me. | 从内心深处向你呼喊 “别忘记我 |
[44:57] | Don’t forget. I don’t like to lie.” | 别忘了 我不喜欢说谎” |
[45:04] | I don’t. | 我是不喜欢 |
[45:13] | If you start to feel yourself | 如果你开始感觉自己 |
[45:17] | not feeling, | 没有感觉了 |
[45:21] | do what you did the other day and come find me… | 那就像你那天做的那样来找我 |
[45:23] | before it’s too late… for both of us. | 别等到对我们俩都太晚的时候 |
[45:29] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[45:49] | This is how you do it. | 这才叫宴会 |
[46:13] | He’s got piss all over his big boy’s. | 他可是气坏了 |
[46:20] | I’m just gonna play one. Uh, maybe two. | 我就演奏一曲 可能两曲 |
[46:27] | Foley doesn’t fuck around. That’s Ben Folds. | 富利可从来不胡闹 本·弗兹才会那样 |
[46:31] | No, even when he fucks around, he means business. | 不 即使在他胡闹的时候 也是认真的 |
[46:36] | *We’d hit the bottom* | *我们已经触底* |
[46:39] | *I thought it was my fault* | *我以为是我的错* |
[46:42] | *And in a way, I guess it was* | *从一方面看 就是我的错* |
[46:48] | *I’m just now finding out what it was all about…* | *我刚刚才发现这是怎么回事* |
[46:52] | – Mr. Rhoades. – Yes. | -罗兹先生 -有事吗 |
[46:53] | Mr. Foley would like to see you in the library. | 富利先生要在书房见你 |
[46:55] | *Moved to the West Coast away from everyone* | *搬去西岸 远离大家* |
[47:00] | She never told me that you called* | *她从没告诉过我* |
[47:06] | *back when I was still, I was still in love* | *当我还爱着你 你打过电话给我* |
[47:35] | Your father’s been telling me about you | 从你小时候还穿着灯笼裤时 |
[47:37] | since you were in knickerbockers. | 你父亲就一直跟我提起你 |
[47:41] | Don’t think I ever wore those. | 我好像没穿过那种裤子 |
[47:43] | No, he showed me the pictures. | 不 他都给我看照片了 |
[47:45] | Must have been you. | 肯定是你 |
[47:47] | He’d never go around with photos of the bastards. | 他不会带着私生子的照片到处走的 |
[47:51] | He’s put a lot of time into you. | 他在你身上花费了大把时间 |
[47:53] | My own children didn’t have the drive. | 我自己的孩子都没这样的动力 |
[47:55] | Maybe I spoiled them too much. | 可能我把他们宠坏了 |
[47:57] | Had to find other prospects. | 我得寻找其他有希望的人 |
[48:00] | But by this point, it’s a pretty deep farm system. | 到现在 这是个深度耕作系统 |
[48:05] | I’ve been drafting blue-chippers, high upsides, | 在过去的三十年里 我一直在挑选尖子 |
[48:07] | and reclamations for three decades. | 潜力股 还有可再用的资源 |
[48:09] | So why should I sign you off the street? | 所以我为什么要收下你 |
[48:13] | Oh, I think you’re confused. | 我觉得你没懂 |
[48:16] | I’m not trying to sell myself to you. | 我不是在向你推销我自己 |
[48:18] | You didn’t just put Sweeney out of the race. | 你不仅让斯威尼退出了竞争 |
[48:20] | You crushed his spirit. | 你摧毁了他的意志 |
[48:23] | No reason to do that | 除非你想跟我说说你自己 |
[48:23] | unless you wanted to tell me something about you. | 不然这样做毫无意义 |
[48:26] | Maybe I just couldn’t help myself. | 可能我只是忍不住 |
[48:29] | Or maybe I knew you were dangling him | 或者我可能知道你是把他挂在那里 |
[48:31] | to see what I would do. | 看我会怎么做 |
[48:33] | Whatever’s meant to happen always does. | 该发生的总是会发生 |
[48:37] | I had a gut feeling. | 我有一种直觉 |
[48:39] | That’s how I do this. That’s how I do all of it. | 这是我做这件事的方法 也是我做所有事的方法 |
[48:44] | Mm. So, what’s the trick? | 所以 秘诀是什么 |
[48:46] | The trick? Hmm. | 秘诀 |
[48:51] | Well, like most, it’s bracingly simple. | 跟大部分一样都非常简单 |
[48:54] | You pick the right man, | 你挑选对的人 |
[48:56] | and then you get him the fuck out of his own way | 然后让他摸索出自己的路 |
[48:59] | so people can actually see him. | 好让别人都能看见他 |
[49:03] | Elections aren’t about ideas. | 选举看重的不是想法 |
[49:06] | Elections are about candidates. | 看重的是候选人 |
[49:09] | And candidates are about what’s in here. | 候选人则在于他们这里有什么 |
[49:15] | I am the right man. | 我就是你要的人 |
[49:21] | I am not going to ask you. | 这可不是你说了算的 |
[49:24] | You can’t think it works that way. | 流程可不是这样的 |
[49:31] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[49:36] | Will you make me governor? | 你会让我当上州长吗 |
[49:43] | Yeah. Okay. | 好 |
[49:48] | My friends will become your friends, | 我的朋友就是你的朋友 |
[49:51] | and your enemies will become mine, | 你的敌人就我的敌人 |
[49:53] | as some already have. | 其中有人已经是了 |
[49:56] | About that clerkship, | 关于书记员工作的那事儿 |
[49:57] | you can put that out of your mind. | 你就不用管了 |
[49:59] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:00] | I’m sure my granddaughter has put it out of hers. | 我相信我孙女已经将其抛诸脑后了 |
[50:08] | It’s not really over. | 其实并非没有希望 |
[50:11] | There are other judges more senior and prestigious. | 还有些更有声望 更高级别的法官 |
[50:13] | I will deliver you that clerkship. | 我会将书记员的工作双手奉上的 |
[50:18] | Whatever’s meant to happen always does. | 命里有时终须有 |
[50:36] | I know. I know. It’s starting to feel real. | 我懂 开始感觉越来越真实了 |
[50:39] | Heavy lies the head that… | 为王者无安宁 |
[50:44] | The hesitation is still about Axelrod. | 你还是在纠结阿克斯罗德的事情 |
[50:48] | Yes. | 是 |
[50:54] | You know the joke about the two bulls on top of the hill | 你听过那个山顶上有两头公牛 |
[50:57] | and the cows down below? | 山底一群母牛的笑话吗 |
[50:59] | The young bull wants to run down and fuck one. | 年轻的公牛想冲下去 上一头母牛 |
[51:01] | And the old bull says, | 老牛则说 |
[51:02] | “Let’s walk on down and fuck ’em all.” | “我们悄悄走下去 把它们全上了” |
[51:04] | That has been repeated so many times in movies, TV shows. | 这笑话曾出现在很多电视电影当中 |
[51:08] | It’s taken as received wisdom, | 大家觉得这算是一种智慧 |
[51:10] | except the thing is you can’t. | 只不过实际上你做不到 |
[51:16] | Nobody gets to fuck ’em all. | 没人能够干掉[上了]所有人 |
[51:20] | You got to choose which one you’re gonna fuck, | 你得选择你想干掉[上]的是哪一个 |
[51:24] | and then… fuck her good. | 然后…干他个天昏地暗 |
[51:37] | 信息 马格里斯 | |
[51:46] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[52:07] | Welcome to the Yale Club. | 欢迎来到耶鲁校友会 |
[52:09] | Excuse me. Are you a member? | 不好意思 请问您是会员吗 |
[52:10] | Do I look like a fucking member? | 我他妈像会员吗 |
[52:12] | – We have a dress code. – Good for you. | -我们这里有着装要求 -那你很棒啊 |
[52:17] | And she stepped on the billiard ball! | 然后她踩上了台球 |
[52:23] | Rhoades! | 罗兹 |
[52:26] | Rhoades! | 罗兹 |
[52:28] | You fucking weasel! | 你他妈个胆小鬼 |
[52:30] | Who is that? | 谁啊 |
[52:31] | Rhoades! Show your fucking weasel face! | 罗兹 你他妈给我出来 |
[52:41] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[52:49] | Bobby, | 波比 |
[52:51] | if you wanted to play squash, you should have called ahead. | 你要是想打壁球 你应该提前打电话说下 |
[52:55] | I know what you and your two daddies | 我知道你和你的两个”好爸爸” |
[52:57] | did up in Sandicot. | 在桑迪科特做了什么好事了 |
[53:01] | I really don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我真不知道你在说什么 |
[53:03] | You thought moving that casino would, what, fuck me up? | 你觉得赌场换地址就能毁掉我吗 |
[53:06] | Get me to sell off one of my jets? | 得卖掉我的一架飞机 |
[53:09] | Well, guess what I’m doing now. | 猜我现在在做什么 |
[53:11] | Losing your religion in the Yale Club? | 在耶鲁校友会自毁形象吗 |
[53:14] | Drinking that town’s fucking milkshake. | 享受那个镇子的一切 |
[53:17] | Everything that was once theirs will be mine, | 那个镇子的所有东西都将归我所有 |
[53:20] | sold off, recycled, | 我会将它们变卖 回收 |
[53:22] | stuck on a pedestal in my office, doesn’t matter. | 安放在我办公室的基座上 无所谓 |
[53:25] | In the end, I will not lose | 最终 桑迪科特的项目 |
[53:27] | one single penny from Sandicot. | 不会让我损失一分一毫 |
[53:30] | In fact, I will be made whole, more than whole, | 实际上 我会毫无损失 甚至盈利 |
[53:33] | but you will have spent all that political capital | 但是你挥霍了你的政治资源 |
[53:36] | for nothing. | 结果却一无所获 |
[53:38] | Well, as I said, I really have no idea | 我说过了 我真的不知道 |
[53:40] | what you’re talking about. | 你在说什么 |
[53:42] | But, dad, isn’t there a dress code in the common areas? | 不过父亲 公共区域不是有着装要求吗 |
[53:46] | Did Morgan at the front desk not offer you a courtesy blazer? | 前台的摩根没有给你提供外套吗 |
[53:51] | We apologize on his behalf. | 我们替他道歉 |
[53:54] | That type of rudeness is unacceptable. | 可不能这么无礼 |
[54:00] | You know, they say | 人们常说 |
[54:02] | that a boy never really becomes a man | 一个男孩只有埋葬了他的父亲之后 |
[54:06] | until he’s buried his father. | 才会成为真正的男人 |
[54:10] | Now, mine’s been dead to me | 对我来说 我爸在我十二岁那年 |
[54:11] | since the moment he walked out when I was 12 years old. | 抛弃我的那一刻 他就已然是个死人了 |
[54:13] | I don’t remember if I cried, | 我不记得我有没有哭 |
[54:15] | but I do remember that I was forced to grow the fuck up. | 但是我确实记得 我被迫长大了 |
[54:19] | So it always warms my heart when I see a boy | 因此每当我看到一个男孩仍然可以依靠他的父亲 |
[54:23] | who still has his father’s shoulder to lean on, | 利用他父亲的人脉来开展工作 |
[54:27] | his father’s contacts to deploy, | 他父亲在他的地盘上到处溜达 |
[54:30] | his father’s balls clanking around in place of his own, | 老迈的蛋还没下垂得太厉害的时候 |
[54:34] | which haven’t quite dropped yet. | 我总会内心一暖 |
[54:39] | Hold on to this man, Chuck, | 务必依靠这个男人 查克 |
[54:41] | for one day soon, he will be gone, | 因为很快他就不在了 |
[54:45] | and then you will finally have to do something for yourself. | 然后你终于得自力更生了 |
[55:04] | Dad. Let’s take a walk. | 父亲 我们出去走走 |
[55:23] | Son, everything I did was for you. | 儿子 我做的一切都是为了你 |
[55:27] | Because you were born too soon and started too late? | 因为你生不逢时吗 |
[55:30] | Look, if you’re going to hide me, just let loose. | 如果你想发脾气 那就发吧 |
[55:33] | Dad, dad, I’m not mad at you. | 父亲 我没生你气 |
[55:38] | Not this time. | 这次没有 |
[55:43] | Is that your way of finally saying thank you? | 你就是这么说谢谢的吗 |
[55:49] | Axelrod is spiraling. | 阿克斯罗德在急速发展 |
[55:53] | I recognize the signs | 我能看出来 |
[55:54] | because that was me not too long ago, | 因为不久之前我就是那样 |
[55:57] | and a man like that can be induced to a mistake. | 人在这种情况下很容易犯错 |
[56:00] | – He’s already made one, hasn’t he? – Yes. | -他已经犯了一个错了 不是吗 -对 |
[56:04] | You know, I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[56:04] | if it was part of your plan or a happy accident, | 这是在你的计划之中还是巧合 |
[56:07] | but Axelrod has decimated the part of the state | 但是阿克斯罗德已经毁掉了 |
[56:10] | where I poll weakest. | 我支持率最低的区域 |
[56:13] | He’s shown you his neck. | 他这是自曝其短 |
[56:17] | He has. | 确实 |
[56:19] | And you get to become the defender of the people. | 你就可以成为人民的捍卫者 |
[56:22] | And you’ll get the governor’s mansion for your efforts. | 作为回报 你就可以进驻州长大楼 |
[56:34] | And Connerty’s started. | 康纳蒂已经开始了 |
[56:41] | You got one of those Cheroots? | 你有那种方头雪茄吗 |
[56:43] | Fundadores. | 成立者[雪茄品牌] |
[56:45] | Yes, I do. | 有啊 |
[56:58] | Maybe in the end, | 或许最终 |
[57:03] | you’re the one guy that does get to fuck ’em all. | 你是唯一一个可以干掉所有人的那个人 |