时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | Rhoades’ misconduct is being investigated. | 罗兹正因行为不检被调查 |
[00:12] | I have nothing to hide. You’ll receive full cooperation. | 我没什么可隐瞒的 会完全配合你的 |
[00:15] | With it, without it, I’ll find out what’s true. | 不管怎样 我会找出真相的 |
[00:18] | Know that. | 记住这一点 |
[00:18] | You broke into my computer, | 你偷偷打开我的电脑 |
[00:21] | opened my files, and read my session notes. | 打开我的文件 看了我的谈话笔记 |
[00:23] | You stole the evidence you needed. | 你偷走了你需要的证据 |
[00:25] | I thought I wanted to bring you on full time, | 我本以为只是想让你来这全职工作 |
[00:27] | but now that I know I can trust you, | 但我现在知道我可以信任你 |
[00:29] | I’m certain I do. | 我确定我可以 |
[00:30] | I’m going to war with Krakow and Guangdong, | 我要对克拉科夫和广东开战 |
[00:32] | and I need boots on the ground. | 我需要大量火力 |
[00:33] | I want to crush this fuck. | 我要粉碎它 |
[00:35] | That glass — it’s not a barrier. | 那层玻璃它不是屏障 |
[00:37] | It’s an asset. It’s what makes you good. | 是一种资本 是你优秀的源泉 |
[00:40] | You see things differently. | 你看问题眼光独到 |
[00:43] | That’s an edge. | 那是一种优势 |
[00:45] | The Attorney General’s called me down to Washington. | 检察长已经通知我去华盛顿了 |
[00:49] | She’s gonna fire me. | 她要解雇我 |
[00:50] | Take out an enemy, a big, hard-to-kill one. | 干掉一个敌人 强大的不易倒台的敌人 |
[00:53] | It’s tough to fire you then. | 那时就很难解雇你了 |
[00:54] | I need to know how to beat him. | 我得知道怎样打败他 |
[00:58] | Will you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[00:59] | You have to be prepared to do things | 你得做好准备做这些事 |
[01:01] | that are entirely outside the bounds | 这些完全不符合 |
[01:04] | of conventional morality. | 传统道德的事 |
[01:26] | You know, the first time I ever went to a game, | 我第一次到现场看球赛 |
[01:27] | I was in your box. | 就是在你的包厢里 |
[01:29] | So, you didn’t grow up with football? | 所以你不是看橄榄球长大的 |
[01:31] | Oh, I did, but it was on a 24-inch Trinitron knock-off. | 我是 不过是在24英寸的电视上看 |
[01:37] | TV’s great, but you really miss out | 电视很不错 但是你真的错过了 |
[01:40] | on being part of something very special. | 成为这特别的一部分的机会 |
[01:42] | Yeah, you do… | 是啊 |
[01:45] | Which is why I’ve been thinking about | 所以我才想 |
[01:46] | watching a few more games in person. | 在现场多看几场球赛 |
[01:48] | Bobby, I don’t know where you get your intel, | 波比 我不知道你从哪得到的情报 |
[01:51] | but it’s accurate. | 但确实是准确的 |
[01:52] | So that franchise is on the block. | 所以特许经营公司是要拍卖了 |
[01:54] | It’s going to be announced in the next couple of days. | 未来几天就会宣布 |
[01:58] | Well, when I become an approved bidder, | 等我成了合格投标人 |
[02:01] | I hope I can count on your support. | 希望可以得到你的支持 |
[02:03] | Well, you can. | 你会的 |
[02:05] | But the hoops you have to crawl through — | 但是你的对手 |
[02:07] | they don’t give a shit how many zeros are in your bank account. | 他们才不在乎你的银行账户有多少个零 |
[02:12] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[02:13] | Just trying to figure out where — where my seat’s gonna be. | 就是想知道我的座位会在哪 |
[02:15] | They’re not gonna be here | 不会在这的 |
[02:16] | ’cause my team’s not for sale, Bobby. | 因为我的队是不卖的 波比 |
[02:30] | And how are the children handling it | 孩子们是怎么看待 |
[02:32] | on the nights you actually switch? | 你们轮流陪他们过夜的 |
[02:34] | – Fine. – Not very well. | -还好 -不是很好 |
[02:37] | Kevin is still on about that vows thing. | 凯文还是在说誓言什么的 |
[02:40] | He brought that up again? | 他又提起来了 |
[02:41] | Yeah. Not directly, but, uh, yeah. | 是啊 不是直接提的 但是提了 |
[02:45] | Right after we split, | 就在我们分居后 |
[02:46] | uh, in a moment of anger, Kevin turned to me and he said, uh, | 凯文很生气 他转向我对我说 |
[02:52] | “I thought ‘vow’ meant ‘promise.'” | “我以为誓言意味着承诺” |
[02:54] | We started him in therapy the next week and started coming here. | 我们下周开始让他接受心理咨询 让他来这 |
[02:57] | Yeah, well, anyway, he crawled in my bed last night | 不管怎样 他昨晚爬上了我的床 |
[02:59] | and asked me to make vows with him. | 让我和他发誓 |
[03:01] | Did he have something specific in mind? | 他有什么具体的想法吗 |
[03:03] | It was a list. | 他列了一个表 |
[03:06] | First he asked me to vow… | 一开始他让我发誓 |
[03:09] | never to leave him. | 永远都不离开他 |
[03:12] | And then he wanted me to vow to get you and me back together. | 然后他让我发誓要我们重归于好 |
[03:18] | What did you say? | 那你怎么说的 |
[03:21] | I said that Mommy and Daddy were trying to work things out… | 我说爸爸妈妈在尽力解决这些问题 |
[03:25] | and that, while I can’t promise that they will, | 虽然我不能保证能解决 |
[03:28] | I can promise that we will always love him and Eva, | 但我能保证我们会一直爱他和伊娃 |
[03:31] | that we will always put them first. | 我们会一直把他们放在首位 |
[03:36] | And that’s my most sacred vow. | 那是我最神圣的誓言 |
[03:42] | He’s a really good dad. | 他真的是一个好爸爸 |
[03:44] | Tell him that. | 告诉他 |
[03:50] | Chuck, you’re a really good dad. | 查克 你真的是个好爸爸 |
[03:55] | You’re a really good mom. | 你真的是个好妈妈 |
[03:58] | Not every couple can do that, | 不是每一对夫妻都能这么做 |
[04:00] | recognize each other in the midst of anger and uncertainty. | 能在愤怒和不确定中认可对方 |
[04:05] | That’s intimacy. | 那是亲密的表现 |
[04:07] | Let’s see if we can keep that going. | 看看我们能不能保持下去 |
[04:10] | – What else is on your minds? – Money. | -还有什么要说的吗 -钱 |
[04:13] | The Yale Club is kind of steep. | 耶鲁校友会有点贵 |
[04:15] | And we had talked about sharing a satellite apartment. | 我们讨论过要分摊公寓式酒店 |
[04:18] | I’m fine at my sister’s, | 我住在我妹妹家挺好的 |
[04:19] | but I think it makes sense for you to get your own place. | 但是我觉得你应该自己找地方住了 |
[04:29] | Really, it’s hard not to notice the shrink sorority eye-lock thing. | 真的 很难不注意到你俩之间女生联谊会式的眼神交流 |
[04:32] | Chuck, this is not a conspiracy. | 查克 这不是什么密谋 |
[04:35] | I don’t want to speak for Wendy. | 我不想替温蒂说话 |
[04:36] | I’ll just say it felt like you had an emotional response | 我得说感觉像是你有一些情感方面的回应 |
[04:40] | that you didn’t share. | 没有说出来 |
[04:46] | Signing a lease… | 签订租约 |
[04:48] | is a commitment. | 是一种承诺 |
[04:51] | Do you mean financial? Do you mean — | 你是说从财务上来说吗 你是说 |
[04:52] | I had hoped that this separation | 我希望这次分居 |
[04:55] | wouldn’t be permanent enough that it would entail | 不会久到需要 |
[04:58] | references and credit checks | 证明人和信用检查 |
[05:00] | and outlaying security payments, but it’ll be fine. | 还有安全费用支出 不过没关系 |
[05:05] | You know, I guess I’ll just, uh, sell something. | 我想我就卖点东西好了 |
[05:07] | Chuck, you’ve got to accept the new reality. | 查克 你得接受现在的现实 |
[05:11] | This runs deep, | 这次调查很深入 |
[05:13] | really fucking deep. | 真的很深入 |
[05:19] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[05:22] | And that’s intimacy, too. | 这也是亲密的表现 |
[05:24] | It’s just harder to hear. | 只是更难听到 |
[05:28] | – You been on Twitter today? – Assume I haven’t. | -你今天上推特了吗 -就当我没有 |
[05:31] | Krakow tweeted, | 克拉科夫发推说 |
[05:32] | “Looking forward to kicking major Axe Capital ass again | “期待在明晚的比赛中再次痛击阿克斯资本 |
[05:35] | in hold ’em tomorrow night, #alphacup.” | 标签是阿尔法杯” |
[05:37] | It’s fucking trending in New York. | 现在上了纽约热门榜 |
[05:39] | Don’t respond. | 不要回应 |
[05:41] | If he wants to pop off online | 如果他想要在上厕所的时候 |
[05:42] | while using the squatty potty, let him. | 在网上博关注 让他说去吧 |
[05:45] | We’ll do our talking at the table. | 我们在牌桌上再发言 |
[05:47] | His team has outlasted ours four out of the last five years. | 过去五年有四年他的团队比我们团队坚持得更久 |
[05:50] | He’s a good fucking card player — great, even. | 他是一个好牌手 甚至可以说是很棒的 |
[05:52] | Phil Laak calls Krakow a wizard, | 菲尔·拉克称克拉科夫是个奇才 |
[05:54] | says he can GTO-grind a man into a nub. | 说他可以将一个人用到极致 |
[05:57] | How’d you like to go work for him? | 你想去为他工作吗 |
[05:58] | No, thank you, sir. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[06:00] | Respectfully, delicately, | 恭敬地 谨慎地 |
[06:03] | regretfully… | 遗憾地说 |
[06:05] | he’s better than you. | 他比你强 |
[06:07] | I see that. | 我知道 |
[06:08] | Head-to-head, he is better. | 正面交锋 他更厉害 |
[06:10] | So, we don’t play? | 所以 我们不玩吗 |
[06:12] | No. We reduce his edge. | 不 我们削弱他的优势 |
[06:17] | Is this, um — | 这是 |
[06:18] | is this last night’s or this morning’s? | 昨晚的衣服还是今天早上的衣服 |
[06:21] | What if I don’t want to answer? | 如果我不想回答呢 |
[06:23] | Well, maybe shower before heading to the office. | 也许在去办公室前先洗一下澡 |
[06:26] | I already did. | 我已经洗过了 |
[06:28] | Well, I’m thinking maybe you hit it again. | 我觉得你应该再洗一遍 |
[06:41] | Heard Tisch will support your bid. | 赫德·悌西会支持你投标 |
[06:43] | Seems likely. | 应该是 |
[06:44] | I wish I could be in there negotiating for you. | 真希望我能去那帮你谈判 |
[06:47] | We handled the M&A work for the last two team sales. | 我们完成了最近两支球队的交易并购 |
[06:49] | Well, that’s what Chuck Rhoades will do to a man — | 那像是查克·罗兹的风格 |
[06:51] | rob him of his life’s work. | 抢走别人一生的心血 |
[06:53] | He’s a Stalinist — | 他是个斯大林主义者 |
[06:54] | convict first, then have the trial. | 先定罪 后审判 |
[06:56] | He hasn’t even indicted anyone at my firm | 他甚至都没起诉我公司的任何人 |
[06:58] | or subpoenaed documents, | 或者传唤文件 |
[07:00] | just allowed the leak, the insinuations, | 只是让消息泄露出去 含沙射影 |
[07:03] | the idea to fester in the minds of the public | 让我们很不干净的这种想法 |
[07:05] | that we’re dirty. | 在公众心中滋生 |
[07:07] | As a tactician, I admire it. | 作为一个谋略家 我很欣赏他的做法 |
[07:11] | As the target of it — | 作为他的目标 |
[07:13] | Old days when the man with the badge | 过去 当有警徽的人 |
[07:15] | used it for his own purposes, | 将警徽用来利己 |
[07:16] | instead of to benefit the township? | 而不是为人民服务 |
[07:18] | That man ended up on the wrong end of a noose… | 那人最后被绞死了 |
[07:20] | Yeah. | 是 |
[07:21] | But not before he got a fuck | 但在那之前他可不会 |
[07:23] | of a lot of his own hanging done first. | 被一堆破事弄得不得安宁 |
[07:25] | Well, then, we better make sure | 那么 我们最好确保 |
[07:27] | we burn the gallows down before he gets to you. | 在他找到你头上之前就把绞刑架烧掉 |
[07:43] | – Is he prepared? – Yeah. | -他准备好了吗 -是的 |
[07:46] | He’s ready to do whatever he has to. | 他已经准备好放手一搏了 |
[07:48] | I look forward to meeting him, then. | 我很期待跟他会面 |
[07:50] | Anything come from the surveillance yet? | 监控那边有什么收获吗 |
[07:52] | Rhoades is not exploitable at this moment. | 罗兹暂时没什么可利用的 |
[07:55] | – No openings. – Find one. | -还没有突破口 -要找到突破口 |
[07:58] | Hall, I hear his name in my sleep | 哈尔 我在睡梦里以及我内心深处的 |
[08:01] | and underneath every thought I have. | 每一个念头里都能听到他的名字 |
[08:04] | It’s always running. | 总是这样 |
[08:05] | It’s like the fucking Lord’s Prayer. | 感觉就像他妈的主祷文一样 |
[08:07] | Find one. | 找个突破口 |
[08:11] | Is there some kind of a prop bet going on here? | 你们是打了什么赌还是怎么着 |
[08:15] | First one to mention Lawrence Boyd | 谁先提到劳伦斯·博伊德 |
[08:17] | has to buy everyone else cotton candy? | 谁就要请其余的人吃棉花糖吗 |
[08:19] | There’s just nothing to say, boss. | 其实是没什么好说的 老大 |
[08:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[08:23] | Nothing that isn’t speculative at best. | 最多也只是推测而已 |
[08:26] | It’s crunch time, | 现在是关键时期 |
[08:27] | and Connerty’s pulling a Scottie Pippen. | 康纳蒂却畏手畏脚想要拦车收手 |
[08:27] | NBA球星斯科蒂·皮蓬因超速被拦车后又被吊销驾照 同时妻子与其闹离婚争夺五百万财产 | |
[08:29] | What, do you got a migraine, Bryan? | 怎么了 你是偏头疼了吗 布莱恩 |
[08:31] | Come on, Chuck. That’s not fair | 得了 查克 这对皮蓬来说 |
[08:33] | to Pippen. | 不公平 |
[08:34] | The man had just suffered a personal loss. | 他才刚经历一场悲剧 |
[08:35] | I don’t give a shit. Lonnie, how about you? | 我才不管呢 朗尼 你呢 |
[08:38] | I started a deep dive into their inversion practices. | 我深入地调查了一下他们的税负倒置操作 |
[08:38] | Corporate Inversion或Tax inversion 指公司通过迁移至税率较之美国更低的国家来合法避税 | |
[08:41] | They keep so much cash stashed overseas, | 他们在海外有大量的现金储备 |
[08:42] | I figured there’s got to be some tax irregularities. | 我推测可能有一些偷漏税的问题 |
[08:45] | And were there? | 到底有没有呢 |
[08:48] | So, there’s nothing on Boyd and company churning accounts? | 博伊德和他公司的交易账户一点问题都没有 |
[08:51] | On, uh, advising retirees against their interests | 有利益冲突的退休顾问也没问题 |
[08:54] | or subprime mortgages making a comeback? | 次级房贷卷土重来也没问题 |
[08:57] | How about hookers for foreign clients? | 为外国客户提供招妓服务呢 |
[09:00] | You’re telling me there is nothing of which to speak? | 你们告诉我没什么好说的 |
[09:03] | Not as of yet. | 目前还没有 |
[09:06] | I found something. | 我有些发现 |
[09:09] | Please. | 请讲 |
[09:12] | A couple of months ago, | 几个月前 |
[09:13] | a flight attendant on the Spartan-Ives jet | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯飞机上的一位空姐 |
[09:15] | made a small trade ahead of a merger, | 在一次并购之前做了一小笔交易 |
[09:18] | turned a $24,000 profit. | 获利两万四 |
[09:21] | She overheard something. | 她只是听到了风声 |
[09:22] | No benefit was exchanged. There’s no crime. | 并没有利益交换 不构成犯罪 |
[09:25] | I know that. You know that. | 我懂 你懂 |
[09:28] | We went to law school. | 我们都上过法学院 |
[09:30] | She didn’t. | 她可没有 |
[09:31] | Work this. | 把这事搞定 |
[09:33] | – Work it with her. – Come on. | -从她身上下手 -拜托 |
[09:36] | How many dots do you figure | 一个空姐和劳伦斯·博伊德之间 |
[09:37] | between a flight attendant and Lawrence Boyd? | 这联系差了得有多远 |
[09:40] | You’ll let me know. | 你会告诉我的 |
[09:45] | Or maybe you won’t. | 或者你并不会告诉我 |
[09:51] | Is there an implication in that? | 你这是话里有话吧 |
[09:54] | Yeah. There is. | 对 有 |
[10:07] | What is the Alpha Cup? | “阿尔法杯”是什么 |
[10:09] | Wall Street charity poker tournament. | 华尔街慈善扑克锦标赛 |
[10:11] | The winner gets to donate the pot | 获胜者要把赌注总额 |
[10:12] | to the charity of their choice. | 捐给他们选好的慈善机构 |
[10:14] | It’s like $15 million. | 大概1500万 |
[10:17] | Why are you asking about the Alpha Cup? | 你怎么问起”阿尔法杯”来了 |
[10:20] | Because Axe invited me to play in the firm’s other seat | 因为阿克斯邀请我作为公司的另一席位 |
[10:22] | along with him. | 跟他一起参赛 |
[10:23] | Oh, this is fucking bullshit! | 这太他妈扯了 |
[10:27] | Turn the fuck away. | 给我他妈的走开 |
[10:32] | That’s my fucking seat. | 那他妈的是我的席位 |
[10:34] | I’m pretty sure it’s my fucking seat. | 我非常肯定那他妈的是我的席位 |
[10:36] | I paid for it. | 老子花钱买的 |
[10:37] | I can award it to whomever the fuck I want. | 我爱他妈奖励给谁就给谁 |
[10:39] | Axe, I’ve been your wingman for the past three years. | 阿克斯 过去三年里我一直是你的左膀右臂 |
[10:41] | I’ve been close to the final table every time. | 每次决赛都跟我近在咫尺 |
[10:44] | Yeah, which is another way of saying | 是啊 也就是说连着三年 |
[10:45] | you missed the final table three years running. | 你都没进总决赛 |
[10:49] | You know one of the things that I really like about the NFL? | 你知道我特别喜欢全美橄榄球联盟哪点吗 |
[10:53] | The cheerleaders? | 拉拉队员吗 |
[10:55] | Uh, yeah, yeah, when I was 12, yeah. | 对 我十二岁的时候确实喜欢 |
[10:57] | But I’m all grown now, so I was gonna say the contracts. | 但是我现在是成年人了 我喜欢的是合约 |
[11:01] | No other league gives fewer guarantees. | 其他联盟给的保证金没有比这个更低的了 |
[11:04] | You can sign for seven years, $120 million. | 你可以签7年 120万 |
[11:06] | Yet you shit the bed, | 你要是搞砸了 |
[11:09] | they cut you in the spring, | 他们春天的时候就把你拿下来 |
[11:10] | you’re back knocking on doors again. | 你就得重新来过 |
[11:12] | So you’re cutting me loose. | 所以你这是要放弃我 |
[11:13] | Well, I wouldn’t say it that way, but yes. | 我不会那么说 但确实如此 |
[11:16] | For that little– | 就为了那个小… |
[11:19] | For Taylor? | 为了泰勒 |
[11:23] | Everything I measure myself by has been called into question. | 我用以丈量自己的一切都受到了质疑 |
[11:34] | Todd. | 托德 |
[11:36] | This is for you… | 这是给你的 |
[11:40] | by way of an apology | 把你置于了难堪的境地 |
[11:41] | for putting you in an awkward position. | 以此向你致歉 |
[11:52] | Do I really look like I need $5,000 worth of spa treatments? | 我看上去真的像是需要五千块的矿泉疗法吗 |
[11:55] | You look like you wouldn’t give yourself the gift of | 你看上去不像是会给自己一份平静内心的大礼 |
[11:56] | peace of mind, so I did. | 所以我就送了 |
[11:59] | So you’re my personal Dalai Lama? | 看来你是我私人的达赖喇嘛了 |
[12:00] | I did spend part of last summer in the company of Rinpoche. | 去年夏天我确实花了一部分时间跟仁波切一起 |
[12:04] | You know, I could actually introduce you, | 我真的可以介绍你认识的 |
[12:05] | – if you want. – Why are you here? | -如果你愿意的话 -你来这干什么 |
[12:09] | I’m playing in the Alpha Cup tomorrow night. | 我明天晚上参加阿尔法杯比赛 |
[12:14] | It’s that time of year. | 又到每年的这时候了 |
[12:16] | It is, and I’d like you to come, as my coach. | 是的 我希望你能来当我的教练 |
[12:19] | I’ll pay you very well for your time. | 我会为占用你的时间开个好价钱的 |
[12:21] | No. We’ve done this dance before. | 不 我们之前已经说好了 |
[12:24] | You’re gonna want insight into Axe or… | 你要么想要阿克斯的内幕 要么… |
[12:26] | There are lots of villains at the tournament tomorrow. | 明天晚上的比赛会有很多坏人的 |
[12:28] | Axe is only one. | 阿克斯只是其中之一 |
[12:30] | Look, I want to perform at my best. | 我想要发挥出我最好的水平 |
[12:33] | And like you said, it’s scary when you feel the pressure. | 如你所说 感觉到压力的时候是很可怕的 |
[12:35] | I can admit that. | 这点我承认 |
[12:43] | I’m reluctant. | 我不想去 |
[12:44] | I am offering you a challenge | 我在给你一个在行业里 |
[12:46] | and a chance to redefine yourself in the industry… | 迎接挑战并重新定义自我的机会 |
[12:49] | as independent, | 作为一个独立的个体 |
[12:51] | separate from Axe in every way. | 断绝与阿克斯在任何方面的关系 |
[12:53] | All the top funds will see you as a resource, | 所有的顶级基金都会把你视为资源 |
[12:56] | not as his accoutrement. | 而不是他的盔甲 |
[12:58] | If you thought I were that, | 如果你认为我是那样的人 |
[12:58] | you would never have come through that door. | 那你根本就不会跨过那道门 |
[13:00] | I know you’re not, | 我知道你不是 |
[13:02] | because I’m me, | 因为我了解你 |
[13:03] | but we both know we don’t work in a rational business. | 但是你我都知道 我们这一行可不是理性的行业 |
[13:07] | You never hear “No,” do you? | 你总是听不见”不”字 是吗 |
[13:08] | The word is said in my vicinity on occasion, | 这个词在我周围时常能听到 |
[13:11] | but somehow it never really lands on me. | 但不知为什么从来都没有针对过我 |
[13:14] | It’s clear to me that if there were | 我很清楚如果真的有 |
[13:16] | any ethically compromised behavior, | 违反职业道德的行为 |
[13:18] | you weren’t in the middle of it. | 也与你无关 |
[13:20] | Glad as I am to be seen, how do you know? | 很高兴你这么看我 你怎么知道的 |
[13:24] | One — I have never come across | 第一 我还从没见过 |
[13:26] | a more meticulous written accounting of a lawyer’s conversations | 有比你做得更细心的 律师谈话与互动的 |
[13:30] | and interactions than yours. | 书面记录 |
[13:32] | I… don’t know how you find the time. | 我…不知道你是怎么抽出时间的 |
[13:35] | Not much of a social life. | 社交生活不多罢了 |
[13:36] | And two — you were the only person in this office | 第二 整个办公室只有你 |
[13:40] | who noticed and removed a compromised employee. | 注意到并辞退了被收买的雇员 |
[13:43] | You sat on the honor committee at Princeton. | 你曾是普林斯顿荣誉委员的一员 |
[13:46] | You are not in this to get caught up in some scandal. | 你不会涉身于此 为丑闻所伤 |
[13:50] | In other words, like recognizes like. | 换句话说 同类惺惺相惜 |
[13:55] | But someone as… | 但作为 |
[13:58] | keenly sensitive as you | 你这样非常敏感的人 |
[14:01] | must have noticed the vibrations, | 一定注意到了一些动静 |
[14:03] | if not the actual sonic boom, of impropriety. | 即便不是实际的不当行为 |
[14:07] | I have not. | 我没注意到 |
[14:10] | If any of that was happening, I wasn’t privy. | 如果真有此事 我并不知情 |
[14:16] | Thank you, Ms. Sacker. | 谢谢你 塞克女士 |
[14:24] | I appreciate the offer, but I can’t play. | 我很感谢这个提议 但我做不到 |
[14:27] | Is that the right word — “Can’t”? | 这么说正确吗 “做不到” |
[14:29] | I’d prefer not to. | 我不愿意 |
[14:31] | But you do know how? | 但你知道怎么玩吧 |
[14:34] | What was your screen name? | 你的网名是什么 |
[14:36] | Why do you assume I had one? | 你为什么觉得我有网名 |
[14:38] | Your age, skill set, | 根据你的年龄和技能 |
[14:39] | the fact that everyone here had one… | 而且这里的所有人都有网名 |
[14:43] | and that you had a lot of nights in high school | 并且你在高中度过了很多夜晚 |
[14:45] | when all the other kids were either stuck on their homework | 在其他孩子都忙于做作业 |
[14:48] | or hanging out under the bridge vaping. | 或是在桥下聚在一起吸烟的时候 |
[14:52] | ZachCody892 ZachCody892. | |
[14:54] | I was 12 when I started playing online. | 我12岁开始上网玩 |
[14:56] | I bet you were one of those multi-table prodigies. | 我敢说你是那种多桌同开的神童 |
[14:59] | Sixteen at a time. | 每次16桌 |
[15:01] | But then I quit poker. | 然后我再也不玩扑克了 |
[15:03] | Around the time you went to college? | 大概在你上大学的时候 |
[15:06] | Black Friday? | 黑色星期五 |
[15:07] | I started playing live for the first time | 我开始第一次现场比赛 |
[15:09] | against classmates, grad students, professors. | 对战同学 研究生 教授 |
[15:12] | Oh, so you had to adjust to the different speed, | 你得去适应不同的速度 |
[15:15] | different informational fields. | 不同的知识领域 |
[15:16] | Yeah, I — I did fine live, | 对 我现场比赛还不错 |
[15:19] | but then just moved on to other things. | 然后注意力转移到了别的事物上 |
[15:22] | Moved on? | 转移 |
[15:24] | The whole “My dick is bigger than yours” thing, | 那种显示”我比你厉害”的事情 |
[15:26] | it wasn’t for me. | 不是我所追求的 |
[15:32] | You already knew… | 你已经知道了 |
[15:34] | about my entire player history. | 我的整个游戏历史 |
[15:36] | That wasn’t a guess. | 那不是你随意猜的 |
[15:39] | Look… | 听着 |
[15:41] | I need to win this thing. | 我得赢下这场比赛 |
[15:44] | I put somebody on it early this morning. | 我今天早晨派人去办了这件事 |
[15:46] | I had a feeling, pulled your résumé… | 我有种预感 于是找出了你的简历 |
[15:49] | saw some game-theory strengths… | 看到了一些博弈论的优势 |
[15:53] | looked into it a little bit more. | 更加仔细地研究了一下 |
[15:57] | How’d you clock that I knew? | 你怎么发现我已经知道的 |
[15:59] | The way you listened to my answers, | 你听我回答的样子 |
[16:01] | the cant of your head. | 你的头倾斜的样子 |
[16:03] | You weren’t receiving new information. | 你不是在获取新信息 |
[16:06] | Can I convince you… | 我能说服你 |
[16:08] | to try one more time to play? | 再玩一次牌吗 |
[16:13] | I’d prefer not to. | 我不愿意 |
[16:15] | That kind of competition made me sick. | 那种比赛让我恶心 |
[16:17] | It literally brought on feelings of malaise. | 让我觉得很不舒服 |
[16:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:27] | So, Michaela, the following facts have come to light. | 米凯拉 以下这些已经经过证实了 |
[16:30] | You have no history of investing in securities, but on April 8th, | 你没有过证券投资的经历 但在4月8日 |
[16:34] | you invested your entire savings, $117,000, | 你投资了你全部的积蓄 11万7千美元 |
[16:37] | in Dassan International Potash stock… | 购买了达桑国际钾肥公司的股票 |
[16:41] | two days ahead of a merger that caused shares to rise. | 就在导致股价上涨的一次并购的两天前 |
[16:45] | Now, are you some kind of potash expert? | 你是什么钾肥专家吗 |
[16:49] | No. | 不是 |
[16:51] | Just a potash enthusiast? | 就是一名钾肥爱好者 |
[16:53] | What? | 什么 |
[16:56] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:57] | You’re actually the flight attendant on the corporate jet | 你其实是资助并购的银行的企业专机上的 |
[17:00] | of the bank that financed the merger. | 一名空乘人员 |
[17:02] | You’re making it sound like I did something — | 你说得好像我做了什么事一样 |
[17:05] | She’s making it sound like I did something wrong. | 她说得好像我做了什么错事一样 |
[17:08] | I thought I was being smart for a change. | 我觉得我只是在做出改变上聪明了点 |
[17:12] | You do know trading on inside information | 你知道通过内幕消息交易 |
[17:14] | is a crime punishable by fine and imprisonment? | 是犯罪行为 可以处以罚款和监禁吧 |
[17:18] | We’re talking about jail? | 我们说的是坐牢吗 |
[17:20] | Um, I’m not sure I should be sitting here alone. | 我觉得不应该一个人坐在这里 |
[17:24] | Time to get Sacker out of there. | 该让塞克出来了 |
[17:31] | Well, if you feel that you’ve done nothing wrong, | 如果你觉得你什么都没做错 |
[17:33] | you should be — | 你应该… |
[17:34] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打扰了 |
[17:36] | Ms. Sacker, you are needed in Mr. Rhoades’ office. | 塞克女士 罗兹先生要你去他的办公室 |
[17:39] | It’s urgent. | 有急事 |
[17:51] | I just wanted to… buy an apartment. | 我只是想…买一间公寓 |
[17:59] | Believe me, I get it. | 相信我 我能理解 |
[18:06] | Things are stacked against us in this city. | 这座城市里很多事情都不利于我们 |
[18:08] | Can you tell me this will all be okay? | 能告诉我这一切都会没事的吗 |
[18:12] | Michaela, I-I know you didn’t mean to do anything wrong. | 米凯拉 我知道你无意做任何错事 |
[18:17] | My colleague — Ms. Sacker — | 我的同事 塞克女士 |
[18:21] | she’s got a very brass-tacks way of looking at this stuff. | 她对于这种事的处理总是开门见山 |
[18:24] | She doesn’t see other factors… | 她不看其他因素… |
[18:28] | that good people can step wrong. | 好人也会做错事 |
[18:32] | I think I know how to help you. | 我想我知道该怎么帮你 |
[18:35] | But won’t she — | 但她不是… |
[18:36] | No. I’m her superior. | 不 我是她的上级 |
[18:39] | You give me your cooperation, | 你与我合作 |
[18:42] | I will give you my protection. | 我会保护你的 |
[18:44] | And like Earl Anthony | 就像厄尔·安东尼[保龄球手] |
[18:45] | bagging the 7-10 split. | 一击打掉最左边和最右边两个球 |
[18:50] | You will? | 你会吗 |
[18:52] | I will. | 我会的 |
[18:53] | We have a real opportunity here. | 我们有很大的机会 |
[18:56] | If Boyd still feels safe anywhere, | 要说博伊德觉得在哪里还算安全 |
[18:57] | it’s on his Falcon, his flying cocoon. | 肯定是他的私人飞机 |
[19:00] | And we need to be there when he lets down his guard. | 我们要趁他卸下防备时给他以痛击 |
[19:04] | Sacker, Connerty’s gonna be the lead on this, | 塞克 康纳蒂来做负责人 |
[19:07] | not because I don’t have confidence in you. | 不是因为我不相信你 |
[19:09] | Bryan has a particular set of skills, | 布莱恩有很多特殊的技能 |
[19:11] | skills acquired over a long career, | 长时间的职业生涯内学到的技能 |
[19:13] | skills that make him — | 让他… |
[19:14] | The object of a stewardess’s desperate lust. | 去找一位空乘完全就是因为饥渴难耐 |
[19:17] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[19:18] | Where are you registered? I hope you like cake servers. | 你们去哪注册 希望我送蛋糕刀铲你会喜欢 |
[19:22] | I’ll go get the SEC file. | 我去拿证券交易委员会的文件 |
[19:35] | My God, the kids are gonna love that. | 我的天 孩子们一定会喜欢的 |
[19:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:41] | Bach, good. | 巴赫 不错 |
[19:43] | I need names, for a friend. | 我需要一些名字 给一个朋友 |
[19:45] | Yeah. I need a lawyer, absolute killer, | 是的 我需要一位律师 顶尖高手 |
[19:48] | the one you’d use if you couldn’t be your own. | 除你之外最好的人选 |
[19:52] | I already did. Thanks. | 我已经这么做了 谢谢 |
[19:56] | Was that about Lawrence Boyd? | 是关于劳伦斯·博伊德的事吗 |
[19:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:01] | Why you going deep for him? | 你为什么要出手帮他 |
[20:04] | He asked. | 他求我的 |
[20:07] | A lot of people ask you to use your influence | 每天都有很多人请求你动用你的 |
[20:09] | and resources every day. | 影响力和资源 |
[20:11] | You don’t always say yes. | 你可不常答应他们 |
[20:13] | I don’t like the idea of Boyd going down. | 我不想看到博伊德倒下 |
[20:15] | It doesn’t — doesn’t sit right with me. | 我并不能接受 |
[20:21] | That’s a good answer. | 这是个不错的回答 |
[20:23] | I believe it, but it’s not the whole answer. | 我相信这点 但这并不是全部的答案 |
[20:27] | You never give anyone your playbook, | 你从未给别人亮过底牌 |
[20:29] | no matter how much you’re rooting for them to win. | 无论你多支持他们 想让他们去赢 |
[20:31] | It’s like this — | 这就像 |
[20:33] | Rhoades’ attack on Boyd is very public. | 罗兹对博伊德的抨击 众所周知 |
[20:36] | It’s very loud. | 声势浩大 |
[20:37] | If Rhoades wins, he gets stronger. | 如果罗兹赢了 他会变得更强 |
[20:39] | If he loses, he’s defanged. | 但如果他输了 就等于被拔去了尖牙 |
[20:44] | Getting there. | 我明白了 |
[20:47] | And if we’d just met, | 如果我们才刚认识 |
[20:48] | I would believe that that was the whole thing. | 我会相信这是事情的全部 |
[20:52] | The rest is strategy. | 剩下的便是策略了 |
[20:54] | It’s tactics. | 这是战术 |
[20:55] | If Boyd is convicted, I’ll be on the inside. | 如果博伊德被定罪 我就会知情 |
[20:58] | I’ll understand what works, what doesn’t. | 我会清楚什么是有用的 什么没用 |
[21:01] | He’s like a soldier. We send him up front. | 他就像一个士兵 我们派他去前线 |
[21:02] | He’s a scout. | 他是一个侦查员 |
[21:03] | He brings back intel, or he becomes cannon fodder, | 他将带回情报 或者成为炮灰 |
[21:07] | and that brings a different kind of intel | 那样的话又给了我们另一种情报 |
[21:08] | about where we can step and where we can’t. | 关于哪里我们能涉足 哪里不能 |
[21:14] | Lawrence Boyd isn’t exactly cannon fodder. | 劳伦斯·博伊德不完全是炮灰 |
[21:19] | Babe… | 宝贝 |
[21:22] | everyone in the world, apart from you, me, | 除了你我和我们的孩子 |
[21:24] | and the kids is cannon fodder. | 世界上剩下的所有人都是炮灰 |
[21:38] | 温蒂·罗兹 主题: 嘿 | |
[21:40] | I’m sorry. I have to deal with something. | 抱歉 我有些事要处理 |
[21:43] | See you upstairs in a minute? | 一会儿楼上见 |
[21:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:04] | 波比 我同意当托德·克拉科夫阿尔法杯的教练 我不想你毫不知情 此消息无需回复 温蒂 | |
[22:20] | 泰勒 视频通话 | |
[22:26] | You’re playing in the Alpha Cup. | 你得去参加阿尔法杯 |
[22:29] | It’ll do you good — and me. | 它会给你我都来带好处的 |
[22:32] | Consider it a part of those 168 hours you promised. | 把这个当作你答应我的168小时的一部分 |
[22:36] | I can’t promise results. | 我不能保证结果怎样 |
[22:37] | Competition doesn’t bring out my best. | 比赛并不会展现出我最好的一面 |
[22:40] | Make a session with Dr. Gus. | 和格斯博士谈谈 |
[22:42] | Maybe he’ll help you with the competition piece. | 也许他能在比赛方面帮到你 |
[22:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:55] | If Bryan lands this case, I think Crim is his. | 如果布莱恩负责这个案子 我想刑事主管就是他了 |
[22:57] | But that case could just as easily break him. | 但这案子同样也很容易打击到他 |
[23:00] | Lonnie is taking the surer, steadier route. | 朗尼采取的是更可靠稳健的方式 |
[23:04] | I was gonna ask which way you were leaning, | 我正打算问你更倾向于哪种方式 |
[23:05] | but you seem almost equally swayed. | 但你看起来似乎摇摆不定 |
[23:10] | Bryan has always expected it… | 布莱恩一直都想要这个职位 |
[23:12] | and worked for it | 在为之奋斗 |
[23:13] | and Chuck like nothing else in the world mattered. | 为查克拼命 就好像其他所有事都无关紧要 |
[23:15] | And lately he’s… | 最近他 |
[23:18] | It feels like if this goes the other way | 感觉就像事情如果往反方向发展 |
[23:20] | and he gets passed over, | 他被忽视 |
[23:22] | his entire purpose is called into question. | 他的整个目的受到了质疑 |
[23:25] | Meanwhile, Lonnie has been sent away, | 同时 朗尼被派去别的地方 |
[23:27] | called back, and never let it derail him. | 再叫他回来 好让事情不会脱离他的控制 |
[23:31] | He’s dogged. | 他很困扰 |
[23:32] | And none of this is being colored | 你说的这些都没有感情因素在里面吗 |
[23:33] | by your personal connection to Bryan? | 凭你和布莱恩私下的关系 |
[23:36] | In the past. | 事情都过去了 |
[23:39] | This is an advisory conversation, not “Loveline.” | 这只是一场咨询 不是爱情专线 |
[23:44] | Then you should think about yourself | 那么你应该多考虑考虑你自己 |
[23:46] | and the ways in which you could contribute, | 以及你能在哪献出自己的一份力 |
[23:48] | given more influence, more control, | 施加更多的影响 更多的掌控 |
[23:50] | more access to decision making. | 以及更多的决策权 |
[23:52] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[23:53] | Rhoades won’t make you head of Crim, | 罗兹不会让你成为刑事主管 |
[23:55] | but his successor may. | 但是他的继任者或许会 |
[23:57] | Whoever gets it will need a deputy. | 无论谁得到了这个职位 他都需要一个副主管 |
[24:00] | That’s true. | 话是没错 |
[24:01] | They say you can’t ride two horses with one behind, | 都说一山不容二虎 |
[24:03] | but in today’s business world, it’s a smart move, | 但是在如今的商业世界中 这是一个明智的做法 |
[24:07] | as long as you’re up-front about it | 只要你坦诚布公 |
[24:08] | so no one can accuse you of being disloyal, | 没人能因不忠诚而指责你 |
[24:11] | only intelligent. | 只是聪明而已 |
[24:12] | Still pretty sharp for an old dog. | 你还真是宝刀未老 |
[24:16] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[24:17] | So, you’re saying that you won most of the time, | 所以你说的是 在大学的比赛中 |
[24:20] | but it made you sad to beat your fellow students | 你大多数情况下都赢了 但击败你的同学 |
[24:22] | in this…college game? | 却让你不开心 |
[24:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:27] | But they’re losers. | 但是他们是失败者 |
[24:30] | I have to tell you, | 我不得不这么和你说 |
[24:31] | I’ve had 927 hours of therapy. | 我已经接受过927小时的心理治疗 |
[24:34] | And that’s supposed to make me sit back on my heels? | 你说的这些是想让我不好好做我的工作吗 |
[24:37] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[24:38] | It’s supposed to give you useful information | 我只是想给你些有用的信息 |
[24:41] | to make this session more productive, | 好让这次的咨询更加有成效 |
[24:43] | to save you from using techniques | 好让你回避那些 |
[24:44] | that I might have already parried. | 对我没用的小伎俩 |
[24:49] | One — this isn’t therapy. | 第一 这不是治疗 |
[24:51] | Two — I’ve had more fucking therapy than you have. | 第二 我受过比你更多的治疗 |
[24:54] | And three — every time you walk away | 第三 每次你逃避 |
[24:58] | from doing what makes you feel great, | 那些让你感觉不错的行为 |
[25:00] | even though it also makes you feel sad… | 即便它同样使你感到难过 |
[25:04] | something inside of you dies. | 你内心就会有东西逝去 |
[25:10] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[25:12] | Instead… | 反之 |
[25:15] | …when you feel emotionally messy, | 当你感到情绪紊乱的时候 |
[25:17] | take yourself to where the boundaries are clean. | 将你自己带入一个边界清晰的地方 |
[25:21] | It’s effective. | 这很有效 |
[25:23] | It’s why we’ve developed sex workers. | 性工作者就是这么来的 |
[25:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:29] | Thanks for your time. | 谢谢你的时间 |
[25:36] | You sure, Chuck? | 查克 你确定吗 |
[25:40] | Oh, I have to. | 我不得不这么做 |
[25:42] | The Churchill World War II — it’s a hell of a set. | 一整套精装的丘吉尔的《第二次世界大战回忆录》 |
[25:44] | I mean, don’t get me wrong. I’m very happy to have it. | 不要误会我 我很高兴拥有它 |
[25:46] | I’m sure I’ll do very well with it, | 我一定会好好珍藏它的 |
[25:48] | but I remember how long you worked on this. | 但我记得你为此花了多少功夫 |
[25:51] | Well, maybe I can circle back | 也许我能在它消失之前 |
[25:52] | and grab them before they’re gone. | 转身抓住它们 |
[25:55] | If somebody comes in, I have to sell them. | 如果有人来买 我只能卖给他们 |
[25:58] | But, you know, a specialty item like this, at this price, | 但你要知道 像这样的特殊物品 这个价位 |
[26:02] | they’ll probably be sold at the Antiquarian Fair in April, | 它们说不定会在四月古董展上被售出 |
[26:04] | so, if you do come back, | 所以 如果你确定回来 |
[26:07] | I’ll give it to you at the carrying cost, okay? | 我只收保管费就退给你 好吗 |
[26:15] | “Dear Monty, never give in, | 亲爱的蒙蒂 永不放弃 |
[26:19] | never give in, never, never, never, | 永不放弃 永不 永不 永不 |
[26:23] | in nothing, great or small, | 不论什么 不论大小 |
[26:26] | large or petty. | 不论轻重 |
[26:29] | Never give in | 永不放弃 |
[26:30] | except to convictions of honor and good sense. | 除了对荣誉和理智的信念 |
[26:37] | And never yield to force. | 永不屈服于强权 |
[26:41] | And never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” | 永不屈服于敌人看似强大的实力 |
[26:49] | From the day I passed the bar, | 自从我获得律师资格 |
[26:51] | I have said those words to myself | 每个审判日的清晨 |
[26:53] | the first morning of every trial. | 我就对自己说这番话 |
[26:57] | You can still say the words. | 你依然可以说这番话 |
[27:15] | Thank you, Harry. | 谢谢你 哈利 |
[27:33] | This is tricky. | 这很棘手 |
[27:35] | There’s nowhere to hide it in plain sight. | 眼前没地方藏 |
[27:39] | So, what do you suggest? | 所以 你有什么建议 |
[27:42] | A band on the upper thigh, I think. | 大腿上套一根带子吧 |
[27:45] | Do it. | 就这么办 |
[27:51] | Yeah, so… | 所以… |
[27:53] | right leg, left leg? | 右腿 还是左腿 |
[27:56] | You got a preference? | 你有偏好吗 |
[27:59] | I’m sorry. This is really, uh… | 抱歉 这真的… |
[28:02] | Could you give me a second? | 你能给我一点时间吗 |
[28:09] | Actually, could you stay? | 你能留下吗 |
[28:13] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[28:16] | Sorry. I-I didn’t feel comfortable — | 抱歉 我觉得不舒服 |
[28:18] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[28:23] | Do you know how to do this? | 你知道怎么绑这个吗 |
[28:27] | Some parts of the job are pretty intuitive. | 工作上某些时候全靠直觉 |
[28:46] | Um, I can take it from here. | 我自己往上提吧 |
[28:59] | How does it look? | 看着怎么样 |
[29:03] | Passable. | 过得去 |
[29:06] | You ready to go? | 你准备好出发了吗 |
[29:31] | How are ya? | 你好 |
[30:21] | Bold move, coming. | 你能来还真是大胆 |
[30:23] | I thought, “What would Axe do?” | 我在想 换做阿克斯他会怎么做 |
[30:25] | Maybe it was a little soon. | 可能有点太早了 |
[30:26] | Well, you know, you’ve made every one of these pricks millions, | 是你让这些混蛋一个个成了百万富翁 |
[30:29] | and yet they turn away. | 然而他们却弃你而去 |
[30:31] | When this is over, you’ll remind them. | 等这事结束了 好好提醒他们 |
[30:32] | Fuckin’ A. | 好极了 |
[30:33] | For now, I’m just taking a lap, | 现在 我去转一圈 |
[30:35] | marking the hugs and snubs in my big book, | 记下那些热情和冷漠 |
[30:37] | then I’m heading out of town — Jackson Hole. | 然后我要出城 去杰克逊山洞 |
[30:40] | Good. Clear your head. | 很好 清空脑子 |
[30:42] | We’ll talk when you get back. | 等你回来我们再谈 |
[30:44] | Hey, great to see you, buddy. | 很高兴见到你 伙计 |
[30:48] | Always piggybacking on my moves. | 总是抄袭我的动作 |
[30:50] | Maybe when you embrace someone, it’s a move, | 也许当你拥抱某人时 它只是一个动作 |
[30:53] | but when I do it, | 但当我做的时候 |
[30:54] | it’s an expression of profound sentiment. | 是在表达一种深层的感情 |
[30:57] | You know my performance coach, right? | 你认识我的绩效教练吧 |
[30:59] | Glad you could pitch in. | 很高兴你能这么努力工作 |
[31:01] | He needs all the help he can get. | 他需要他能得到的全部帮助 |
[31:02] | I’ve won three of those bad boys. | 我已经赢了三个坏家伙了 |
[31:04] | How about you? Zero, right? | 你呢 还没胜一场吧 |
[31:07] | ‘Cause to me it’s just a game, Todd. | 因为对我来说这只是一个游戏 托德 |
[31:09] | You take everything so seriously. | 什么事你都太当真 |
[31:11] | Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Alpha Cup | 女士们 先生们 欢迎来到阿尔法杯 |
[31:13] | Charity Poker Tournament. | 慈善扑克锦标赛 |
[31:15] | – Please take your seats. – Excuse me. | -请就坐 -不好意思 |
[31:17] | – We’re about to begin. – Time to battle. | -我们要开始了 -准备开战吧 |
[31:23] | Axe. | 阿克斯 |
[31:24] | So, I see you went to go work for the downtrodden, after all. | 你最终还是去为受压迫群体工作了 |
[31:27] | I work for myself. | 我只为自己工作 |
[31:29] | I bet that’s what his masseuse | 我打赌他的女按摩师 |
[31:30] | and manicurist tell themselves, too. | 还有美甲师也是这么告诉自己的 |
[31:34] | Today we’re here to raise max dollars for charity. | 今天我们相聚在此为了给慈善筹款 |
[31:37] | And to see who’s the biggest swinging dick on the street. | 并且来看看谁是这条街最爷们的人 |
[31:39] | I’ll bet it’s not gonna be that guy. | 我猜肯定不会是那个人 |
[31:44] | Everyone, take your seats. | 大家请就坐 |
[32:08] | Paul, this is my dear friend Lawrence Boyd. | 保罗 这位是我的好朋友劳伦斯·博伊德 |
[32:10] | Treat him as you would me. | 对他要像对我一样 |
[32:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:14] | Larry, | 拉里 |
[32:17] | do what this man advises, | 听从这个人的建议 |
[32:18] | and he will lead you to the promised land. | 他将带你走向梦之彼端 |
[32:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:22] | So, the issue for me — | 所以 我的问题是 |
[32:23] | Never in threes about any of this… | 永远不要在有第三者的时候开口 |
[32:27] | till we’ve all known each other a long time. | 直到我们都已经熟悉彼此 |
[32:30] | This is why he’s the best. | 所以他才是最棒的 |
[32:32] | Okay, I’ll leave you two to get down to it. | 好了 我就不打扰你们俩深入探讨了 |
[32:39] | All humans have stress points. | 所有人都有压力极限 |
[32:42] | I’m a man who understands that. | 而我了解这些 |
[32:46] | And now it’s my pleasure to say, | 我很荣幸地宣布 |
[32:48] | shuffle up and deal. | 开始发牌 |
[33:12] | Never gone out before the final table in this thing ever. | 永远别在决赛场前离开 |
[33:16] | I’ve never called out the most powerful company | 我从没成功诈唬过 |
[33:17] | in the energy sector as a fraud and been right, | 能源版最厉害的公司 |
[33:19] | so we’re even. | 所以我俩算是平手 |
[33:39] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[33:39] | Well, it took you long enough. | 接个电话要这么久 |
[33:41] | Anything to report? | 有什么要报告的吗 |
[33:44] | They’re about to take off. It’s only Boyd on the flight. | 他们准备起飞了 飞机上只有博伊德 |
[33:47] | Well, he might make a phone call. | 可能是他打了通电话 |
[33:48] | She might overhear something. | 她可能听到了什么风声 |
[33:50] | I’ll keep you posted. | 我会向你报告进展的 |
[33:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:56] | Billionaire city, boys. | 亿万富翁之城 朋友们 |
[33:58] | Hey, Todd. How you running? | 托德 玩得怎么样 |
[34:00] | Oh, my stack’s a little bigger than yours, | 我的筹码比你稍多一点 |
[34:02] | but what else is fucking new? | 可这不是什么新鲜事了 |
[34:04] | Let’s say we make this matter. | 这么说吧 我们玩盘大的 |
[34:07] | $500,000. | 50万 |
[34:08] | What do you say, Krakow? | 怎么样 克拉科夫 |
[34:10] | Yeah, let’s do it. | 就这么干吧 |
[34:16] | Market’s closed. What’s so fascinating? | 休市了 还有什么激动的事 |
[34:19] | She’s almost here, the Raya girl. | 她要来了 拉亚上约的那个女孩 |
[34:23] | A little swing oil? | 来点去疲劳精油 |
[34:24] | You know I do. | 你知道我需要 |
[34:25] | Give me a, uh, Michter’s Celebration. | 给我来杯米西特的庆祝 |
[34:28] | It’s $800 a glass. | 一杯800元 |
[34:30] | One, please. | 来 |
[34:32] | He means one bottle. | 他说的是一瓶 |
[34:42] | I’m ahead. | 我领先了 |
[34:43] | You’re not blinking. | 你都没眨眼 |
[34:45] | What? | 什么 |
[34:46] | You’re not blinking. | 你都没眨眼 |
[34:48] | Well, maybe that’ll unnerve him. | 也许这样会让他紧张 |
[34:50] | Or maybe you’ll blink like crazy when you pick up a big hand. | 你拿到一手好牌的时候又会疯狂地眨眼 |
[34:54] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[34:59] | Relax your features. | 放松 |
[35:26] | 150 Hundred and fifty. | |
[35:28] | Call. | 跟 |
[35:41] | 150 One fifty. | |
[35:46] | Call. | 跟 |
[35:48] | You’re drawing? | 不叫牌吗 |
[35:49] | Against you? Never. | 对你吗 绝不叫 |
[35:58] | 300 Three hundred. | |
[36:01] | 700 Seven hundred. | |
[36:12] | All-in. | 全押 |
[36:19] | Call. | 跟 |
[36:20] | We have two all-ins. | 有两位全押 |
[36:22] | One of these players is going to go home rich. | 有一个位会赚足了回家 |
[36:25] | The other player is going to go home rich, | 另一位回家时依然富有 |
[36:27] | but pissed off. | 但是不会高兴 |
[36:29] | Gentlemen, flip your cards up, please. | 先生们 请翻牌吧 |
[36:33] | Ooh, top two pair. | 俩顶对 |
[36:37] | Unfortunately, I’ve got these babies. | 不好意思 我有这俩 |
[36:46] | You went set-mining against me. | 你用对子跟注想中三条 |
[36:48] | I knew if you’d hit, I’d felt you | 我知道如果你中了 我会感觉到的 |
[36:50] | because you underestimate my strength. | 因为你低估我的实力 |
[36:53] | It’s who you are. | 你就是这样的人 |
[36:55] | Well-played, Todd. | 玩得不错 托德 |
[36:56] | You trying to jinx me now that you got four outs left? | 你想要我倒霉 现在你有四张补牌 |
[37:02] | Let’s see the river. | 给我们看看河牌 |
[37:07] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[37:12] | That’s what I’m talking about! | 这就是我想要的 |
[37:16] | You owe me half a stick. | 你欠我一点小钱 |
[37:20] | So good. | 太棒了 |
[37:25] | We done betting? | 我们赌完了 |
[37:26] | The tournament’s still going on. | 锦标赛还在继续 |
[37:30] | How about… | 要不然… |
[37:34] | …we double the wager | …我们把赌注加倍 |
[37:36] | based on my firm outlasting yours? | 就赌我的公司比你的公司坚持得久 |
[37:39] | Well, if it was Dollar Bill, I’d take it in a heartbeat, | 如果是美元大亨出战 我会马上接受 |
[37:42] | but he’s over there with his thumb up his ass. | 但是他在那里无所事事呢 |
[37:48] | Who do you have? | 你有什么人 |
[37:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[37:55] | That? | 就那人 |
[37:59] | And you want to double it? | 你还想加倍 |
[38:01] | All or nothing. | 我就是要孤注一掷 |
[38:03] | Banked. | 那我只好接受了 |
[38:06] | So, as soon as Prianca comes back from the powder room, | 等普瑞安卡从洗手间回来 |
[38:09] | we’re gonna roll on out of here. | 我们就离开这里 |
[38:11] | Take care of our boy. | 照顾好他 |
[38:15] | I would normally volunteer to be his bodyguard, | 我通常会亲自做他的保镖 |
[38:17] | but there’s only so much of me… | 但是我就一个人 |
[38:21] | to go around. | 分身乏术 |
[38:25] | It’s a road bottle. | 就这一小瓶 |
[38:27] | How do you get up and go to work? | 你早上怎么起得来上班 |
[38:29] | Ah, a little Lenox first thing in the morning. | 早上第一件事就是吃片莱诺克斯[药物] |
[38:32] | I got a guy — patient concierge — | 我认识一个人 一个护工 |
[38:35] | fixes me up with a room and an I.V. | 能解决我的问题 只用一个房间和静脉注射 |
[38:38] | Forty-five minutes, and I rebound like an undergrad. | 45分钟后 我就能像个本科生那样活力四射 |
[38:41] | Yeah, we did that in nursing school. | 是啊 在护理学校时我们做过 |
[38:44] | I just never thought it — | 我只是从没想过… |
[38:48] | Well, have fun. | 那就玩得开心吧 |
[38:51] | How could I not? | 当然了 |
[39:07] | 小魔 明早过来 我会给你发清单 | |
[39:26] | 康纳蒂 博伊德的飞机在芝加哥停留 不明乘客登机 | |
[39:56] | And now we’re down to heads-up, | 现在进入单挑环节 |
[39:58] | mano a mano, winner take all. | 面对面较量 赢者通吃 |
[40:00] | And then there were two. | 就两个人 |
[40:02] | Just you and me, hot stuff. | 只有你跟我 小可爱 |
[40:05] | Let’s have a five-minute break. | 我们先休息五分钟吧 |
[40:09] | Yeah, Todd! | 干得不错 托德 |
[40:12] | Tell me you’re not enjoying this. | 别跟我说你享受这个 |
[40:13] | I’m not enjoying this. | 我没享受 |
[40:15] | You’re a killer, | 你是个狠角色 |
[40:16] | and if ever a guy needed killing… | 如果有人需要修理 |
[40:18] | He’s hurting. | 他不好受 |
[40:20] | I mean inside. Look at him. | 我是说内在的 看看他那样子 |
[40:22] | You think people were nice to that guy as a kid? | 你觉得他小时候没被欺负过吗 |
[40:24] | No, but I really think, even then, he started it. | 不 但是我觉得 那都是他的错 |
[40:35] | Can I get a Stoli Elit martini with a twist, please? | 可以给我杯红牌伏特加马提尼吗 |
[40:45] | Wendy. | 温蒂 |
[40:46] | Lara. | 萝拉 |
[40:50] | You been here the whole time? | 你一直在这里吗 |
[40:52] | I walked in just before the cards were dealt. | 我在发牌前才过来 |
[40:56] | How are you holding up? | 你最近怎么样 |
[40:59] | Fine. | 还行 |
[41:01] | You don’t have to be brave with me. | 你不用在我面前逞强 |
[41:04] | Divorces are hard. | 离婚不容易 |
[41:07] | So are marriages. | 维持婚姻也不容易 |
[41:09] | Yeah, I’ve heard other people say that. | 是啊 我听过这话 |
[41:14] | Excuse me. I don’t want to miss the main event. | 失陪了 我不想错过主赛事 |
[41:22] | So, Dr. Gus told me a bit about your conversation. | 格斯博士跟我说了一些与你的谈话 |
[41:25] | Therapy is supposed to be confidential. | 治疗内容应该是保密的 |
[41:26] | It’s not therapy. | 不是治疗内容 |
[41:29] | He seems to think that you don’t get something out of winning. | 他似乎认为你赢了也没有任何成就感 |
[41:33] | He wanted me to pull you from this entire event. | 他想让我在这件事上帮你一把 |
[41:35] | You didn’t listen. | 你没听我讲话 |
[41:36] | Eh, he may not be very good at his job. | 他可能不是非常专业 |
[41:39] | You love winning. | 你喜欢获胜 |
[41:41] | I do? | 是吗 |
[41:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:44] | I keep going back to why you quit the live game in college. | 我一直在想你大学时为什么退出了现场比赛 |
[41:49] | – I didn’t like — I think it’s that you didn’t like | -我不喜欢… -我认为你不喜欢 |
[41:51] | that it put the two things | 是因为它把你最在意的 |
[41:53] | that really fucking matter to you — | 两样东西放在了一起 |
[41:55] | winning and being thought of as good — | 取胜 还有在正面冲突中 |
[41:58] | in direct conflict. | 被认为非常厉害 |
[42:00] | Heads up for the Alpha Cup in two minutes. | 阿尔法杯大决战两分钟后开始 |
[42:06] | I didn’t quit. | 我没退出 |
[42:07] | They kicked me out, and it hurt. | 他们把我赶出来的 我很受伤 |
[42:10] | I couldn’t compete, so they eliminated me, | 我不能竞争 他们就抛弃了我 |
[42:12] | and it filled me with disdain, almost hate. | 这让我非常鄙视 甚至仇恨 |
[42:17] | Hate is nature’s most perfect energy source. | 仇恨是最好的动力 |
[42:19] | It’s endlessly renewable. | 源源不断 |
[42:23] | I don’t want to lean into that feeling. | 我不想找回那种感觉 |
[42:26] | You know the rider in the bicycle movie who, | 你看过那些自行车电影里的骑手吗 |
[42:27] | just when he has victory in sight, | 当胜利就在眼前 |
[42:29] | takes his hands off the bars | 他把双手从车把上松开 |
[42:31] | and just holds them out like this, | 就保持这样的姿势 |
[42:33] | taking in the sun, gliding, | 拥抱着阳光 滑行着 |
[42:35] | letting all the other racers whiz by him just because? | 掠过对手们 你知道这是为什么 |
[42:38] | No, I don’t. What fucking movie is that? | 我不知道 是哪部电影 |
[42:41] | I always want to be that biker. | 我总是想成为那名骑手 |
[42:43] | Yeah, but you’re not. | 但你不是 |
[42:46] | You and I don’t get to glide. | 你跟我不用滑行 |
[42:47] | We churn, and we don’t get to become friends with people | 我们一直猛烈前行 不用跟玩牌的对手 |
[42:50] | we play cards with, | 交朋友 |
[42:51] | but that’s the sacrifice we make | 但那是我们为能够见目之所见 |
[42:53] | for being able to see what we see. | 而付出的代价 |
[42:57] | I know you believe that, | 我知道你深信不疑 |
[42:59] | but I choose to take a different lesson. | 但我选择领悟另一番道理 |
[43:01] | It’s not a choice. | 没有选择余地 |
[43:04] | Now go back down to that table. | 现在回到那个桌子坐下 |
[43:06] | And if, when you see Krakow, | 如果当你见到克拉科夫 |
[43:08] | you think that maybe he will become a friend, | 你认为他会成为你的朋友 |
[43:10] | then go ahead. | 那就去吧 |
[43:12] | Take your hands off the bars | 把你的手从车把上松开 |
[43:14] | and let him ride on by. | 让他从你身边飞驰而过 |
[43:29] | Do you want to know a secret? | 你想知道个秘密吗 |
[43:31] | Your boss bet me a million dollars | 你的上司和我赌了100万美金 |
[43:34] | that you would outlast me. | 压你会坚持得比我久 |
[43:37] | So, you fuck up, | 所以 你要是搞砸了 |
[43:40] | it’s a million dollar mistake. | 就是个价值100万美金的错误 |
[43:46] | Good to know. | 很高兴知道这事 |
[43:47] | How do you think he’s gonna feel | 你觉得他会是什么感觉 |
[43:49] | remembering that you cost him a mill | 每当他看向你时 |
[43:50] | every time he looks at you? | 就会想起你花了他100万 |
[43:52] | I mean, no pressure. | 别有压力 |
[43:54] | Don’t let me get under your skin. | 别让我激怒你 |
[43:56] | You have no clue what is under my skin, | 你完全不知道我在想什么 |
[43:59] | and I am certain that a million dollars in either direction, | 我很确定 那100万美金无论给谁 |
[44:02] | to Mr. Axlerod or you, is entirely insignificant. | 是阿克斯罗德先生还是你 都完全不重要 |
[44:06] | And in the continuum, 10,000 years of human history, | 长路漫漫 人类一万年的历史 |
[44:10] | this card game and the Alpha Cup — | 纸牌游戏和阿尔法杯 |
[44:12] | what does it mean? | 都有什么意义 |
[44:14] | By 2090, we’ll all be gone, | 等到2090年 我们就都不存在了 |
[44:16] | every last one of us, | 我们剩下的所有人 |
[44:17] | unless we’ve reached the singularity, | 除非我们抵达了奇点 |
[44:20] | and at that point, will money matter? | 等到那时 钱还有用吗 |
[44:23] | Yeah, I’ve seen “Cosmos,” too. | 我也看了电视剧《宇宙》 |
[44:37] | Action’s on you. | 该你了 |
[44:39] | I’m aware. | 我清楚 |
[44:45] | Four hundred thousand. | 40万 |
[44:47] | I’ll call. | 跟 |
[45:01] | Not loving the flop. | 局势不好 |
[45:04] | Seven hundred. | 70万 |
[45:06] | What do they have? | 他们手里都什么牌 |
[45:07] | See bet. I’ll call. | 跟 |
[45:09] | Well, we know he’s stubborn with a pair, | 我们知道他对对子的执着 |
[45:12] | so either he’s way ahead or he’s fucking nowhere. | 所以他要么是领先很多要么屁都没有 |
[45:19] | Check. | 过牌 |
[45:22] | One-point-seven million. | 170万 |
[45:24] | I’m lost. | 我看不懂了 |
[45:26] | They might be making a stop-and-go… | 他们可能会先被动后激进下注 |
[45:30] | or surrendering. | 或者投降 |
[45:31] | Call. | 跟 |
[45:42] | Check. | 过 |
[45:43] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[45:45] | I think Taylor’s ahead and has to trust it. | 我认为泰勒领先 而且得相信自己 |
[45:54] | Time. | 暂停 |
[45:56] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能和你说几句吗 |
[45:58] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[46:10] | I’m not getting a good read on it. | 我对此看不太准 |
[46:13] | – You have any – That’s not your issue. | -你有 -那不是你的问题 |
[46:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[46:16] | It seems to me that it is | 对我而言却是 |
[46:17] | since that’s what stands between me and winning. | 自从那成为阻拦我成功的障碍 |
[46:20] | No. Your anger is what stands between you and winning, | 不 你的愤怒才是阻拦你成功的障碍 |
[46:23] | your inability to de-personalize this competition, | 你没有在这场角逐中除去个人因素的能力 |
[46:25] | and as a result — | 结果就是 |
[46:26] | My inability? | 我没有能力 |
[46:27] | I didn’t pay you to come here and criticize me. | 我不是花钱让你来这儿批判我的 |
[46:30] | – I just wanted — – You just wanted me to knock Axe off his game. | -我只是想 -你只想我让阿克斯输掉比赛 |
[46:33] | And I came here anyway knowing that because I — | 知道这点我还是来这儿了 是因为我 |
[46:38] | Well, I guess some part of me wanted that, too, | 我想我心里的一部分也是如此希望的 |
[46:40] | and I am going to work on that. | 我会尽量不这样想 |
[46:41] | Consider it a job well done. | 就当作这个任务已经很好地完成了 |
[46:43] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不介意 |
[46:44] | I have to go back to the table | 我需要回到牌桌 |
[46:46] | and put the sword into Axe’s little pet. | 把阿克斯的小宠物开膛剖腹 |
[46:48] | Hey, don’t worry so much, all right? | 别太担心 好吗 |
[46:51] | It’s gonna be great. We’ll celebrate later tonight. | 这会很棒的 我们今晚晚点再庆祝 |
[46:55] | Will we? | 我们会吗 |
[46:59] | Will we have something to celebrate? | 我们会有任何可庆祝的吗 |
[47:01] | What? | 什么 |
[47:02] | I was about to tell you that, | 我正打算告诉你 |
[47:03] | in your confusion about your opponent, | 当你对你的对手产生困惑时 |
[47:06] | you’ve become easy to read. | 你非常容易被看透 |
[47:08] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[47:10] | I’ve been watching that thing the entire time. | 我全程都在观察着 |
[47:11] | That’s why I came here — | 这是为什么我来这儿 |
[47:13] | so it wouldn’t see me looking. | 这样它就不会看到我在观察 |
[47:15] | I know exactly what I’m doing. | 我很明确我在做什么 |
[47:26] | This is no place for the meek, cupcake. | 这可不是谦让的地方 宝贝 |
[47:30] | All of it. | 全押 |
[47:44] | You don’t have a king. | 你手里的牌没有K |
[47:46] | You’d have reraised preflop. | 否则你会在翻牌前提高赌注 |
[47:48] | And you’re never moving in on a queen here | 而且你从来没进一步至Q |
[47:49] | in case I have the king. | 以防万一我手里有K |
[47:52] | I think you’re on a gut shot, four-five or five-six. | 我认为你手里是 四五 或者五六 |
[47:55] | I think you’re trying to bully me, | 我认为你试图欺辱我 |
[47:57] | and a bully’s devastated when you stand up to him. | 而恶霸会在你挺身反抗他时疯狂 |
[48:02] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[48:06] | Call. | 跟 |
[48:15] | I have ten-high. | 我手里的是十高牌 |
[48:16] | God damn it! | 去他妈的 |
[48:18] | Ten-high hero call?! | 十高差牌抓诈唬 |
[48:20] | You skinny fucking freak! | 你个瘦猴怪 |
[48:27] | Good for you! | 你真棒 |
[49:13] | You’re a fucking genius. | 你他妈真是个天才 |
[49:14] | You gave me the idea. | 你给了我灵感 |
[49:17] | Now give me your arm. | 现在给我你的手臂 |
[49:21] | Mo. | 小魔 |
[49:26] | So, I was like, “Who is this person | 我就想 这人是谁 |
[49:29] | who couldn’t be named and had to sneak onto the plane | 藏着名字 在大半夜 |
[49:31] | in the middle of the night?” | 溜上飞机 |
[49:33] | And then I was like, “Oh, it’s Shayleen.” | 然后我就想到 是莎林 |
[49:37] | McKinnon? | 麦金农 |
[49:39] | Tom McKinnon’s wife, major player at the company. | 汤姆·麦金农的妻子 公司里的重要成员 |
[49:42] | Thomas McKinnon, Managing Director, Fixed Income. | 托马斯·麦金农 总经理 收入固定 |
[49:45] | That must be a common thing — | 这一定是个很普遍的事 |
[49:47] | corporate spouse hitchhiking on a hop back home. | 和同事配偶搭便车回家 |
[49:49] | Right, but what isn’t common | 对的 但不寻常的是 |
[49:51] | is that they hopped into the slumber cabin together. | 他们总是一起上卧铺 |
[49:55] | That’s when I knew I had to get my butt back here. | 那时我就知道我得挪屁股回来 |
[49:57] | Got another girl to be on standby for the return flight. | 找了另一个女孩在回程航班上服务 |
[50:00] | It’s not great quality. | 音质并不好 |
[50:09] | Not usable. | 用不了 |
[50:11] | I thought the microphone might be too far away, | 我觉得麦克风可能放得太远了 |
[50:13] | so I took a little… | 所以我就 |
[50:17] | initiative. | 采取了点行动 |
[50:36] | – You know, some of the tension… – Yeah? Will you help me? | -有些紧张 -是吗 你会帮我一下吗 |
[50:38] | …I’m sure has been building up, yeah. | 我确实一直在锻炼 |
[50:41] | I want to show you this getup I have back here. | 我想在这后面给你看我这身服装 |
[51:04] | Does that help? | 这个有用吗 |
[51:07] | Usable quality. | 能用 |
[51:08] | We, uh — we can work with this. | 我们能拿来做点文章 |
[51:11] | Michaela, you did great, above and beyond. | 米凯拉 你做得很棒 棒极了 |
[51:14] | So, I believe I’m off the hook? | 所以 我摆脱嫌疑了 |
[51:21] | You are. Come on. | 是的 走吧 |
[51:30] | It’s over, then? | 结束了 是吧 |
[51:32] | Your part’s done, but the case isn’t. | 你的部分结束了 但这个案子还没 |
[51:34] | You’re not calling me. I get it. | 你不会打给我了 我懂了 |
[51:38] | I can’t have anything brought up in court that might look… | 我不能做一些在法庭上提起来会影响… |
[51:43] | You know, I checked, and my trade wasn’t illegal, | 我查过了 我的交易并不违法 |
[51:48] | but I went ahead and did it for you, anyway. | 但我还是为你做了这件事 |
[51:51] | Good luck with your case. | 祝你的案子一切顺利 |
[51:57] | Yeah. Hold on. Hey, Lara? | 等会儿 萝拉 |
[51:59] | Hey, what? | 怎么了 |
[52:00] | I’m on with a guy from Wimmershoff Capital Management. | 我在和维默烁弗资本管理公司的一个人通话 |
[52:03] | They were there last night, and they’re all banged up. | 他们昨晚也在那儿 他们也都搞得筋疲力竭 |
[52:05] | You make house calls, right? | 你们上门出诊的吧 |
[52:08] | Starting at $500 a drip? | 一针五百美元 |
[52:11] | Starting at $1,000. | 一千一针 |
[52:12] | We’re in business, Mo. | 做生意可不一样 小魔 |
[52:32] | This is yours. | 这是你的 |
[52:33] | You won it. | 你赢来的 |
[52:35] | I don’t have room for it on my desk. | 我桌上没地方放 |
[52:37] | Besides, people keep coming by to drink beer out of it. | 再说 总有人过来拿它喝酒 |
[52:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:46] | But your name is on it forever. | 但是你的名字永远都刻在上面了 |
[52:50] | I know you don’t want me to have attachments, | 我知道你不想我有牵绊 |
[52:52] | things that get in the way of winning… | 阻碍我去取得胜利 |
[52:54] | but you do. | 但是你有 |
[52:55] | That woman on the rail — | 桌边的那个女人 |
[52:56] | Krakow’s coach — you kept looking at her. | 克拉科夫的教练 你一直在看她 |
[52:59] | I thought you were trying to see if she was cheating, | 我本以为你是想看她有没有作弊 |
[53:01] | signaling him somehow. | 给他递暗号 |
[53:02] | – She wasn’t. – I know. | -她没有 -我知道 |
[53:05] | Later I realized the whole thing | 之后我意识到这整个事情的重点 |
[53:06] | wasn’t about you beating Krakow. | 不在于你打败克拉科夫 |
[53:08] | It was about breaking him | 而在于令他崩溃 |
[53:10] | and having her watch him go on tilt. | 并让她看着他失控 |
[53:15] | Breaking him was the only way to beat him. | 令他崩溃是唯一能打败他的方式 |
[53:18] | Was it? | 是吗 |
[53:26] | Mr. McKinnon, I’m sorry to put you through this. | 麦金农先生 抱歉要让你遭受这些 |
[53:41] | It’s Shayleen. | 这是莎林 |
[53:55] | Turn it off. | 关了 |
[53:58] | Turn it off! | 把它关了 |
[54:04] | The moaning. | 这呻吟 |
[54:05] | Yeah. I know. | 我知道 |
[54:09] | I know. Would you like a drink, Mr. McKinnon? | 我懂 要喝一杯吗 麦金农先生 |
[54:12] | No. | 不用了 |
[54:14] | You’re strong. | 你很坚强 |
[54:15] | I’d need one. | 我要来一杯 |
[54:19] | I want to make this divorce hurt. | 我要离婚 令她失去一切 |
[54:22] | I’ll take the kids and the fucking house. | 我要带走所有孩子和房子 |
[54:24] | Hold on to that, Tom. | 保持愤怒 汤姆 |
[54:27] | Be hurt, sure. | 当然要狠狠打击她 |
[54:29] | Be angry at Shayleen. | 要对莎林生气 |
[54:31] | She was weak. But be angrier at Boyd. | 她太容易打击了 但更要生博伊德的气 |
[54:35] | He’s the responsible party here. | 他才是该负责的一方 |
[54:38] | Yeah. We were friends. | 是啊 我们还是朋友呢 |
[54:42] | Spent long weekends at his compound. | 在他的地盘度过很多个长周末 |
[54:44] | Lawrence Boyd can be friend to no man. | 劳伦斯·博伊德不会是任何人的朋友 |
[54:53] | He’s a venal beast of the first order. | 他就是惟利是图的原始野兽 |
[54:57] | He needs to demonstrate that he is the alpha of the pack, | 他想要证明他是人群当中的领袖 |
[55:00] | needs to dominate you in his own mind | 要通过将他的”种子”播撒进你妻子的体内 |
[55:03] | by heaving his seed into your bride. | 以达到在心目中主宰你的目的 |
[55:06] | Jesus fuck. | 我操 |
[55:09] | He didn’t use a rubber? | 他没用避孕套吗 |
[55:11] | Of course you want to kill him. | 毫无疑问 你想要杀了他 |
[55:12] | I know I would. | 反正我会 |
[55:14] | Choke him till the light goes out. | 掐住他的脖子直到他死去 |
[55:16] | Violation like that stirs a man to savagery. | 那样过分的行为会让一个男人变得野蛮 |
[55:19] | You won’t do it, but you want to. | 你不会那么做 但是你想 |
[55:21] | Isn’t that right? | 不是吗 |
[55:22] | Yeah, I want to fucking kill him. | 是啊 我想杀了那个狗娘养的 |
[55:24] | Yeah, but you can’t. The law dictates that you can’t. | 但是你不能 法律规定了你不能 |
[55:28] | And yet that doesn’t mean you have to let him win. | 但那并不意味着就这么让他赢了 |
[55:34] | Okay, so, how do I win here? | 好吧 那我要怎么赢 |
[55:35] | Disgrace him. | 羞辱他 |
[55:38] | Humble him. | 打倒他 |
[55:40] | Force him to his knees | 逼他跪下来 |
[55:41] | and fuck his metaphorical throat until he swallows your seed. | 操他那张嘴直到他吞下你的”种子” |
[55:47] | I’m in.23 | 我加入你们 |
[55:48] | Boyd’s been rigging Treasury bids. | 博伊德一直在操纵财政部的投标 |
[55:50] | I’ll get you whatever I can. | 我会把我能得到的信息都给你 |
[55:56] | Whatever it takes, I’m in. | 无论要付出何种代价 我都入伙 |
[56:03] | I talked to a friend of mine, a lawyer for the League. | 我和一个在联盟当律师的朋友谈过 |
[56:05] | He back-channeled and got a yellow light. | 他通过一些渠道得到了一个警示 |
[56:07] | NFL thinks it would be best for all involved | 全美橄榄球联盟觉得如果你不参与投标的话 |
[56:10] | if you didn’t bid. | 对所有人都好 |
[56:12] | Stated reason? | 说的理由呢 |
[56:13] | Public perception, | 担心公众的看法 |
[56:14] | recent legal aspersion, 9/11 revelations. | 近期的诽谤事件 911的牵连 |
[56:16] | Fuck! | 我靠 |
[56:17] | But they appreciate your interest. | 但他们很感谢你的关注 |
[56:19] | Oh, do they? | 是吗 |
[56:28] | You know, when they like my number enough, | 我的投资价够高的话 |
[56:30] | they’ll like me just fine. | 他们就会喜欢我了 |
[56:31] | You know what we bid before. | 我们之前的竞价是多少 |
[56:33] | A hundred more than any team has ever sold for. | 比之前任何队伍卖出的价格还多一亿美元 |
[56:35] | I’ll bet a hundred over that | 再加一亿 |
[56:36] | and send it right to the league office. | 直接送到联盟办公室 |
[56:38] | Done. | 明白 |
[56:41] | These are the books you asked for. | 这些是你要的书 |
[56:43] | Oh, great. Thank you. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[56:46] | These mattered to him a lot. | 这些对他而言很重要 |
[56:47] | Mr. “H” told me to tell you that. | H先生叫我告诉你这个 |
[56:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[56:50] | He instructed me to pay cash. | 他叫我付现金 |
[56:52] | There’s no record of who bought them. | 不会有买家记录 |
[56:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[56:58] | This one’s signed to Monty. | 这本是签给蒙蒂的 |
[56:59] | General Montgomery? | 蒙哥马利将军吗 |
[57:00] | Yeah, that Monty. | 对 那个蒙蒂 |
[57:02] | Well, you want them here? At the house? | 你要放这儿吗 这个屋子里 |
[57:03] | No. Put them in storage. | 不 放仓库去 |
[57:09] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[57:10] | Find all the other signed first editions for sale | 找到在美国 英国 不 全世界 |
[57:12] | in the U.S. and in England — fuck it — everywhere. | 所有在售的有签名的第一版 |
[57:15] | And buy them all, every single last one of them. | 然后全部买下来 一本不落地买下来 |
[57:19] | That’ll be expensive. | 那会耗费不少 |
[57:24] | Well, then it’s a good thing I’m a rich fucking man. | 幸好我正好是个有钱人 |