时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | An investigation has begun into your office, | 最近有一起关于你办公室的调查 |
[00:13] | and the man leading the investigation — Oliver Dake. | 这起调查的主要负责人 是奥利弗·戴克 |
[00:16] | The payment that your wife received from Axelrod, | 你妻子收到的来自阿克斯罗德的款项 |
[00:17] | 期初额 222046.87美元 期末额 5221885.25美元 | |
[00:19] | it may not be a bribe, | 它可能还不是贿赂 |
[00:21] | but, dang, if it doesn’t look like one. | 不过 该死 即使它看起来不像 |
[00:23] | Well, Lawrence Boyd pissed right in my face. | 劳伦斯·博伊德直接耍了我 |
[00:25] | He didn’t show. What the hell do we do now? | 他没出现 我们现在该怎么办 |
[00:28] | Bobby Axelrod could run through the Serengeti | 波比·阿克斯罗德能跑过塞伦盖蒂平原 |
[00:31] | and not break a sweat. | 滴汗不流 |
[00:32] | You do what you do just as well as him. | 你干本行和他一样出色 |
[00:35] | Maybe better. | 可能更胜一筹 |
[00:36] | You can’t allow yourself to get drawn in to an unwinnable fight. | 你不能让自己陷入一场无法取胜的战斗 |
[00:41] | Victory will be swift. | 胜利很快就会到来 |
[00:43] | That will save us ten million on this trade. | 这样能在这场交易中省下一千万 |
[00:47] | This is why I need to keep you. | 所以我得把你留下 |
[00:48] | I’d believe the same thing were I you. | 如果我是你 我也会做同样的选择 |
[00:51] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[00:52] | – With a lawsuit? – One hundred and twenty seven of them. | -一起诉讼吗 -其实是127起 |
[00:54] | Wendy was at Krakow Capital earlier today. | 温蒂今天早些时候在克拉科夫资本公司 |
[00:56] | You have an amazing level of insight | 你对我们对冲基金投资人的想法 |
[00:59] | – into how we hedgies think. – Yes. | -有着相当深入的了解 -没错 |
[01:01] | I don’t mean Axe Capital. I mean Bobby himself. | 我说的不是阿克斯资本 而是波比本人 |
[01:04] | – He was looking to hire you? – Yeah. | -他想聘请你 -是的 |
[01:06] | That motherfucker is just trying to poach my most valued — | 那个狗娘养的想要挖走我最重要的… |
[01:09] | I’m not your anything. | 我不是你的什么东西 |
[01:11] | We handle ourselves | 我们妥善处理 |
[01:12] | and Chuck gives someone Head of Crim. | 查克就会把刑事主管的位置给我们中的一个 |
[01:14] | Or we cooperate with Dake and try our luck | 或者我们和戴克合作碰碰运气 |
[01:16] | starting over with Chuck’s replacement. | 趁查克走人重新开始 |
[01:17] | You know what Rhoades is. | 你知道罗兹是个什么样的人 |
[01:19] | You know he should be out of the job. | 你知道他早该失业了 |
[01:21] | That was the Attorney General. | 是检察长亲自打过来的 |
[01:23] | She’s summoned me to Washington, | 她传唤我去华盛顿 |
[01:24] | where she will greet me warmly, | 她到时会热情接待我 |
[01:26] | and then she’ll fire me. | 然后炒我的鱿鱼 |
[01:46] | There was a moment in time when the only two people | 曾经 只有两个人知道 |
[01:49] | who knew what it was to fly were the Wright Brothers. | 什么是飞翔 莱特兄弟 |
[01:53] | And we are like them in a way. | 我们在某种程度上与他们相似 |
[01:56] | Although we have to stay airborne a lot longer than nine seconds, | 虽然我们需要在空中停留远不止九秒 |
[01:59] | and we have to go into much thinner air when we do. | 我们还得进入更加稀薄的大气中 |
[02:01] | But how do you do it, Todd? | 但你如何做到 托德 |
[02:05] | How do you stay aloft? | 你如何保持在高空 |
[02:08] | One of the nine poets, Pindar, said it best. | 古希腊九大诗人之一平德尔说得好 |
[02:12] | Become who you are by learning who you are. | 学习自我从而追寻真正的自我 |
[02:16] | You wouldn’t know Pindar from Pantera, | 你都分不清平德尔和潘特拉 |
[02:19] | yet you act like you read the Harvard shelf | 而你却表现得像是会在早餐时 |
[02:21] | with your morning oatmeal. | 读哈佛的藏书 |
[02:23] | Who wrote this shit for you? | 这番鬼话是谁帮你写的 |
[02:25] | Lawrence Boyd, | 劳伦斯·博伊德 |
[02:26] | I respect you more than anyone in this game. | 我比这场游戏中的其他人都要尊重你 |
[02:29] | But the idea that Todd Krakow or anyone else | 但让托德·克拉科夫或其他人 |
[02:32] | but you here is a thought leader | 而不是你来成为思想领袖 |
[02:34] | just because they’ve got a few dollars in their pocket is laughable! | 就因为他们有几个臭钱 这主意太可笑了 |
[02:37] | Let me respond. | 让我来回应一下 |
[02:39] | It’s a sad fact of the business today. | 如今的商业现实十分可悲 |
[02:41] | Hedge funds like Axelrod’s, they’re out of ideas, | 像阿克斯罗德这样的对冲基金江郎才尽了 |
[02:44] | so they cut corners and go looking for that black edge. | 于是他们开始走捷径 开始触及法律边缘 |
[02:48] | But I’m good enough | 但我的情况还好 |
[02:49] | that I didn’t have to get close to the line. | 没有必要接近那条边缘 |
[02:51] | Really? What about the $45 million in fines you paid to the U.K.? | 是吗 那你交给英国的4500万罚款呢 |
[02:56] | That — | 那… |
[02:58] | No one understands those laws. | 没人弄得懂那些法律 |
[03:00] | Larry, you ever found yourself afoul of British law? | 拉里 你违反过英国的法律吗 |
[03:04] | No, some of us have never run afoul of any international laws. | 没有 我们一些人从未违反过任何国际法律 |
[03:09] | Larry, you have teams of lawyers at Spartan-Ives | 拉里 你在斯巴坦-艾弗斯和那些国家当地 |
[03:12] | and locals in those countries who ensure | 有多个律师队伍来确保 |
[03:14] | – you don’t get screwed the way I did. – Oh, okay, okay, okay, | -你不会像我一样被罚 -好吧 好吧 |
[03:16] | I’m only the referee here, not taking sides, | 我只是这里的裁判 不站在任何一方 |
[03:19] | but you overstepped. | 但你犯规了 |
[03:24] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[03:25] | And let that be the first apology, | 不止要为此道歉 |
[03:26] | not the last, to this audience, | 还要向观众道歉 |
[03:28] | who have paid three grand for the privilege | 他们可是花了三千块 |
[03:30] | of hearing your barbaric yawp. | 来听你野蛮的蠢话 |
[03:32] | – Axe, Axe, Axe. – Here’s a thought. | -阿克斯 阿克斯 -我有个想法 |
[03:33] | If any of you want to continue the conversation, | 如果你们有人想要继续对话 |
[03:36] | I’ll be over by the bar with my team. | 我会与我的团队在酒吧等候 |
[03:38] | Sure– hit, run, and hide, huh? | 当然了 出手后赶紧跑是吧 |
[03:40] | You been showing the SEC the same moves for years. | 你这些年来一直对证交会使用着同一招 |
[03:44] | But, eventually, they catch you. | 但他们最终还是抓到了你 |
[03:47] | Krakow, whatever cocktail party tutor | 克拉科夫 无论你找了个什么样的 |
[03:50] | you used to prep you for this panel | 鸡尾酒会导师来帮你准备这次论坛 |
[03:52] | owes you a goddamn refund. | 你都该找他退款 |
[03:56] | Well, that was stimulating. | 这可真够刺激的 |
[03:58] | Okay, okay, let’s move on. | 好了 好了 我们继续 |
[04:00] | Tag, Global warming… | 泰格 全球变暖… |
[04:03] | I called the car around so you can go. | 我叫来了车 你可以离开了 |
[04:05] | Why would I leave now? | 我为什么要现在离开 |
[04:08] | That’s what you get for trying to steal my fucking employees. | 这就是你想挖走我的人的下场 |
[04:12] | Don’t blame me for your fuck-up. | 你搞砸了 别怪我啊 |
[04:15] | Word of advice, Axe– | 给你个忠告 阿克斯 |
[04:17] | you don’t want to lose a valuable asset, | 你要是不想失去一个宝贵的人才 |
[04:19] | don’t let her walk out the door, huh? | 就别让她夺门而去 |
[04:28] | Here comes Boyd. | 博伊德来了 |
[04:36] | Sorry about your panel. | 对于你的论坛很抱歉 |
[04:38] | Sorry. The only reason | 道什么歉 让瑞克·福莱尔[摔跤手] |
[04:40] | you put Ric Flair in the ring | 上场的唯一原因 |
[04:41] | is to get that heat from the crowd. | 就是让观众沸腾 |
[04:43] | I didn’t pick that panel by accident. | 我不是无意挑选了这个讨论小组 |
[04:45] | I knew you’d incinerate it. | 我知道你会毁灭它 |
[04:47] | You just made sure Spartan-Ives | 你刚刚确保了斯巴坦-艾弗斯 |
[04:49] | is all the Street’s talking about for the rest of the month. | 成为华尔街接下来几个月的焦点 |
[04:51] | They’ll be killing themselves they weren’t in the room. | 没到场的人们会遗憾得想自杀 |
[04:53] | And the only way they get in there next year | 明年他们能够赶上的唯一办法 |
[04:55] | is by making you their prime. | 就是让你成为领袖 |
[04:57] | I’m the bull, you’re the red sash every time. | 我要是公牛 你就一直都是红布 |
[05:06] | Hey, Chuck. Come in. | 查克 过来吧 |
[05:08] | I drove by Katz’s on the way here. | 我来这的路上去了卡兹餐厅 |
[05:11] | You’re killing me, man. | 你是要我的命啊 伙计 |
[05:12] | No? Well, I’m going in. | 不吃 那我先吃了 |
[05:21] | Talk to me. | 说说吧 |
[05:22] | Well, it’s thorny. So many old cases aggregated. | 很棘手 那么多旧案子堆在一起 |
[05:26] | Taken all together, | 总之 |
[05:27] | it looks like a pattern of overreach, misconduct. | 看起来像是贪功致败 行为不端 |
[05:29] | That’s why the papers think it’s such a good story. | 所以报社都认为这个故事不错 |
[05:32] | And there’s the Axelrod case. | 然后就是阿克斯罗德案了 |
[05:33] | – We never even brought charges. – That’s good. | -我们甚至还未提起诉讼 -很好 |
[05:36] | You’re protected by qualified immunity. | 你受有限豁免保护 |
[05:38] | Chances are, we get it thrown out of court. | 我们很有可能要让它被驳回 |
[05:39] | That will depend on the judge. We gotta find a very– | 那取决于法官 我们得找个很… |
[05:42] | Chuck, I’m gonna make this go away. | 查克 我要让这桩案子被驳回 |
[05:44] | That’s why you came to me instead of going | 所以你要来找我 |
[05:46] | with whatever lawyer Justice gave you. | 而不是去找法官委派给你的什么律师 |
[05:51] | Justice isn’t defending me. | 法官不会保护我的 |
[05:57] | They only do that when, uh… | 他们只会在… |
[06:00] | Well, they never really do that. | 他们还真的从来不会那么做 |
[06:01] | No. | 对 |
[06:03] | Well, I’m not billing you. | 我不会收你的钱的 |
[06:04] | Oh, come on. You gotta bill me, Ira. | 拜托 我得给你钱 艾拉 |
[06:05] | It’s $1,400 an hour. | 一小时一千四 |
[06:08] | Half price. Friends and family. | 打个对折吧 看在朋友和家人的份上 |
[06:11] | Why aren’t they defending you? | 他们为什么不保护你 |
[06:14] | The Attorney General’s called me down to Washington. | 检察长已经通知我去华盛顿了 |
[06:18] | She’s gonna fire me. | 她要解雇我 |
[06:20] | Shit. Dake. | 该死 戴克 |
[06:22] | Oh, it’s a lot of things over years. | 因为这些年来的很多事 |
[06:24] | But the stain of this investigation | 但这次调查的影响 |
[06:26] | has hobbled me politically. | 让我在政治上受阻了 |
[06:28] | I got no back channel out of this. | 没有什么秘密渠道能让我摆脱此事 |
[06:30] | You gotta prove your loyalty, then, show her you’re a soldier. | 你要向她证明你的忠诚 证明你是个战士 |
[06:33] | Yeah. I thought about that. | 是 我也想过 |
[06:35] | A new case the administration smiles on. | 一件能让政府欣慰的新案子 |
[06:37] | Let the General take the credit, sure, | 当然 要让检察长获取功劳 |
[06:39] | but there’s just no fucking time. | 但没有时间了 |
[06:42] | The A.G.’s got a lot of enemies, Chuck. | 检察长有很多敌人 查克 |
[06:44] | Take out an enemy– a big, hard-to-kill one. | 干掉一个敌人 强大的不易倒台的敌人 |
[06:47] | It’s tough to fire you then. | 那时就很难解雇你了 |
[06:49] | Finding the right target might be enough. | 找一个合适的目标或许就够了 |
[06:52] | One so… gaudy, | 一个华而不实的 |
[06:55] | so outlandishly difficult to bring down | 非常不易被扳倒的 |
[06:57] | that my replacement would certainly fail. | 能让接替我的人失败的目标 |
[07:01] | How much time do you have? | 你还有多少时间 |
[07:03] | Three days. | 三天 |
[07:12] | Do you know what this is about? | 你知道是因为什么事吗 |
[07:21] | Starting immediately, you have a new mandate. | 马上 你们会有新的任务 |
[07:24] | Find me a case that’s screaming for justice. | 给我找一个急需公正的案子 |
[07:27] | One that no one else would have the courage to take on– | 没有人有勇气接手的案子 |
[07:30] | even if– no, | 即使…不 |
[07:31] | especially if it seems impossible to win. | 尤其是那种似乎不可能赢的案子 |
[07:35] | Where do we begin? | 我们从哪开始 |
[07:36] | I want to kick into the C-suites– | 我想要从企业高管开始 |
[07:38] | those Teflon corporations that defraud the American people | 那些扳不倒的大张旗鼓骗取美国人民钱财的 |
[07:40] | on a grand scale. | 企业 |
[07:42] | No one was ever prosecuted for the financial crisis, no. | 没有人因金融危机被起诉过 |
[07:46] | When we went after Wall Street, we got what we could get– | 我们冲着华尔街去时 总可以达到目标 |
[07:48] | rogue traders, chip shots. | 私自交易的交易员 近距离内幕 |
[07:50] | That ends today. | 今天就得完蛋 |
[07:52] | Anything else you can say that would narrow the target? | 你有什么建议让我们缩小一下目标范围 |
[07:55] | You want us to get back up on Axe Capital? | 你想让我们重新针对阿克斯资本吗 |
[07:57] | – Um, we know that they’re– – No, no. | -我们知道他们… -不 |
[07:59] | Steer wide around Axe Capital for now. | 目前先离阿克斯资本远点 |
[08:02] | That’s not gonna help. | 对付它可没什么帮助 |
[08:06] | Help what? | 帮什么 |
[08:13] | Be creative. | 有创意一点 |
[08:14] | I look forward to your ideas, and I want them in 24 hours. | 我等着你们的好主意 24小时之内告诉我 |
[08:20] | Why’s he want an impossible case? | 为什么他想要不可能赢的案子 |
[08:23] | It’s hinky. | 有点怪异 |
[08:25] | I’m gonna steer wide around all of it. | 我这就四处去挖点素材 |
[08:28] | Hey, Axe, you know what today is? | 阿克斯 你知道今天是什么日子吗 |
[08:30] | It’s fuck Todd Krakow in the ear day. | 是戳爆托德·克拉科夫脑袋的日子 |
[08:33] | Why do you think I’d want to do that? | 你为什么会觉得我想要那样做呢 |
[08:35] | That panel was Godzilla versus Mothra. | 那场讨论就是《哥斯拉大战魔斯拉》啊 |
[08:37] | Do you have a plan? | 你有什么计划吗 |
[08:38] | Or are we just gonna jump him and break his kneecaps | 还是他从他那迈凯伦里出来的时候 |
[08:40] | when he gets out of his McLaren? | 我们直接扑过去敲碎他的膝盖骨 |
[08:42] | Okay, so Krakow’s been running his mouth about China, right? | 克拉科夫一直在嚷嚷着中国 对吧 |
[08:46] | I… You can tell the way he talks. | 我 你可以从他说话的方式中得知 |
[08:49] | – The way he talks? – Yeah. | -他说话的方式 -是的 |
[08:52] | Last year, he said, “Watching factories grow.” | 去年 他说 注意工厂的发展 |
[08:55] | It made me wonder, “How’s he seeing this?” | 让我不禁想好奇 他是怎么预见到的 |
[08:58] | Really, Mafee? | 闹什么 玛菲 |
[08:59] | You expect me to believe you suddenly swapped Ali G reruns | 你想让我相信你突然间从阿里G轮转向了 |
[09:02] | for videos of Todd Krakow’s speeches on China? | 托德·克拉科夫关于中国的演讲 |
[09:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:06] | My analyst caught it. | 我的分析师发现的 |
[09:09] | Yeah. Then get him in here. | 好 让他进来 |
[09:17] | Hello. I’m Taylor. | 你好 我叫泰勒 |
[09:19] | My pronouns are they, theirs, and them. | 我是性少数群体 |
[09:22] | Okay. You have two minutes. | 好吧 给你两分钟时间 |
[09:25] | After your dispute with Krakow, I presumed roiling antipathy, | 你跟克拉科夫辩论之后 我猜你俩水火不容 |
[09:29] | so I catalogued all of his public statements | 于是我把过去两年里他所有的公开言论 |
[09:30] | going back two years. | 分门别类地进行了整理 |
[09:32] | In January 2016, Krakow’s tone on China changed | 2016年1月 克拉科夫提到中国变得 |
[09:35] | more bullish, omniscient, | 更加强大 更加全能 |
[09:37] | which led me to think satellite images. | 让我想到了卫星图像 |
[09:40] | So what? | 然后呢 |
[09:41] | All the big funds are using satellite images. | 所有大型基金都在使用卫星图像 |
[09:44] | How many cars are in the parking lot at Walmart | 沃尔玛的停车场里有多少车 |
[09:46] | indicates how big a quarter they’re gonna have. | 表明了他们一个季度能赚到多少 |
[09:54] | But this, let me see. | 但是这次 让我想想 |
[09:57] | You found out which satellite company Krakow uses. | 你查到了克拉科夫用的是哪家卫星公司 |
[10:00] | AR Metrics. | AR度量 |
[10:01] | Assuming Krakow would be the biggest user… | 假设克拉科夫是最大的用户 |
[10:03] | Their most-viewed images, | 根据他们看得最多的图像 |
[10:04] | and you deduced that’s what he’s been looking at. | 推断出那就是他一直在观察的东西 |
[10:06] | A microchip factory in the Pearl River Delta. | 珠江三角洲的一家芯片工厂 |
[10:10] | And now you know what he knows. | 现在他知道的你全都知道了 |
[10:12] | Since you’re in my office, | 既然你到我的办公室来了 |
[10:14] | you think you know what he doesn’t. | 那你一定认为自己还知道了他不知道的 |
[10:16] | China’s not just cooking the books, | 中国并不仅仅是在做假账 |
[10:17] | they’re going full Iron Chef with that shit. | 他们还能给你做出套满汉全席 |
[10:19] | Everyone knows that, Mafee. | 这谁都知道 玛菲 |
[10:20] | Then why is Krakow long? | 那为什么克拉科夫要做多呢 |
[10:22] | Come on, time’s almost up. | 快 时间快到了 |
[10:23] | What happened in January 2016? | 2016年1月发生了什么 |
[10:25] | The Chinese factory went from totally dormant | 中国的工厂突然间从完全停工状态 |
[10:27] | to bustling with trucking activity. | 变成物流车来来往往 |
[10:28] | Which meant foreign investment followed. | 也就是说有境外投资跟进了 |
[10:29] | But tell me what really happened. | 但是告诉我事情的真相是什么 |
[10:33] | An article came out on satellite-detected | 有一篇文章指出 |
[10:34] | discrepancies between Chinese sites | 中国工厂的卫星监测图像 |
[10:36] | and what had been reported by government statistics. | 与政府统计数据互相矛盾 |
[10:38] | And after that, they knew they were being watched, | 在那之后 他们就知道有人在监视自己 |
[10:40] | so the trucks started moving — a show for the satellites. | 所以卡车开始运行 演给卫星看的大戏 |
[10:44] | Factory’s a fake. | 工厂是假的 |
[10:45] | It’s a shell to milk investors. | 是为了榨取投资人资金的空壳工厂 |
[10:47] | And what is the next move? | 那下一步呢 |
[10:49] | – Short the– – I asked Taylor. | -做空 -我问泰勒呢 |
[10:52] | Short the Chinese parent company Krakow’s invested in. | 做空克拉科夫投资的中国母公司 |
[10:54] | It’s not good enough. | 还不够狠 |
[10:55] | As Chanos says, China’s a pig on LSD — | 就像查诺斯说的 中国就像一只嗑了药的猪 |
[10:55] | 吉姆·查诺斯 对冲基金经理 华尔街大空头 | |
[10:58] | you never know which way it’s gonna run. | 你永远都猜不透它的走向 |
[11:01] | So who is this fake factory supposed to be supplying? | 那么这家假工厂本应是谁的供应商 |
[11:04] | What does this ripple out into? | 这件事会波及到什么 |
[11:06] | You find that, you find Krakow’s real investment. | 你查到这个 就知道克拉科夫真正投资什么 |
[11:11] | How long you been here? | 你来这多久了 |
[11:14] | Three months. | 三个月 |
[11:16] | I’m leaving in two weeks for grad school. | 我两周之后就离职去读研究生了 |
[11:18] | I’m an intern. | 我是实习生 |
[11:27] | How did everything go? | 一切顺利吗 |
[11:33] | Salutations, my dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[11:37] | I think Chuck’s working tonight. | 我想查克今晚要加班 |
[11:39] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我是来找你聊聊的 |
[11:42] | Pas devant. | 不当着我儿子的面 |
[11:45] | We’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[11:49] | I know what pas devant means. | 我懂你的意思 |
[11:54] | I was looking for some cufflinks I lent my son, | 我在找借给我儿子的一些袖扣来着 |
[11:58] | but I couldn’t find them in the bedroom. | 但是我在卧室里没找到 |
[12:01] | You were in my bedroom? | 你去我的卧室了 |
[12:02] | And most of Chuck’s suits seem to be gone from the closet. | 貌似查克的大部分正装都不在衣柜里了 |
[12:06] | You didn’t come out to Brooklyn for cufflinks. | 你大老远从布鲁克林过来不是找袖扣的吧 |
[12:08] | Is Chuck living at the Yale Club? | 查克现在是住到耶鲁校友会去了吗 |
[12:13] | Some gal in accounting messed up, | 不知道哪个做账的小姑娘弄混了 |
[12:15] | sent me a charge for a breakfast on a day that I was not there. | 给我寄了一张早餐的账单 而我那天并不在 |
[12:20] | So I asked for the chits, | 我要了原始单据 |
[12:21] | and it was Chuck’s signature on the line at 6:30 A.M. | 上面是查克的签名 时间是早晨六点半 |
[12:25] | Yes, we’ve separated… for now. | 是的 我们分居了 暂时的 |
[12:29] | And you’ve kept it from me. | 你们都不告诉我 |
[12:32] | I asked Chuck directly, but he denied it. | 我直接问了查克 但是他否认了 |
[12:35] | He lies better than I do. | 他比我擅长撒谎 |
[12:39] | This is idiocy. | 这太不明智了 |
[12:41] | And to think we didn’t come running to you with the news. | 这就是为什么我们没告诉你这个消息 |
[12:44] | Because I would tell you the truth. | 因为我会跟你们说实话 |
[12:46] | This is selfish, | 这么做太自私了 |
[12:49] | destructive to your children. | 会毁了孩子们的 |
[12:51] | We’re not uprooting the kids. | 我们并没有离开孩子 |
[12:52] | They’re staying in the house. | 他们都待在家里 |
[12:53] | Chuck spends three nights a week with them. | 查克每周跟他们一起住三晚 |
[12:55] | No, I’m not talking about that. | 不 我说的不是这个 |
[12:56] | I’m talking about their legacy. | 我是说给他们留下的阴影 |
[12:58] | Do you think that this makes it easier or harder… | 你觉得这么做对凯文的生活来说 |
[13:02] | for Kevin to meet his station in life? | 是更容易还是更艰难了 |
[13:05] | You must mean for him to be happier. | 你是想说让他更幸福吧 |
[13:07] | They are the future of my name. | 他们是我家族的未来 |
[13:10] | And yours. | 也是你的 |
[13:11] | You think you and Chuck are the only ones | 你以为只有你和查克的婚姻 |
[13:12] | who’ve grappled with some upheavals in a marriage? | 才需要克服各种动荡吗 |
[13:16] | Unless it is broken plates and steak knives, | 只要不是碎盘子或者牛排餐刀 |
[13:21] | you gut through it. | 你就得往下咽 |
[13:24] | If one of you has an itch, you’ll work it out. | 你俩谁有小矛盾了 你们自己解决掉 |
[13:27] | You don’t move out. | 而不是搬出去 |
[13:28] | It wasn’t an itch. | 并不是小矛盾 |
[13:31] | And what about you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[13:33] | You’d really rather have your three nights a week | 你宁可要你的一周三晚 |
[13:36] | than be First Lady of the State of New York? | 也不想当纽约州的第一夫人 |
[13:42] | Maybe I would. | 没准我就这么想呢 |
[13:45] | And if you want to continue this, | 如果你想要继续谈的话 |
[13:47] | do it with your son. | 跟你儿子谈去 |
[13:51] | Oh…I will. | 我会找他的 |
[13:57] | Bobby. Your order’s there. | 波比 你点的在那边 |
[13:59] | White clam is on top. | 上面加白蛤了 |
[14:01] | Thanks, Bruno. | 谢谢 布鲁诺 |
[14:02] | Say hello to my nephew, Marco. | 来认识一下我侄子 马尔科 |
[14:04] | Kid just got elected to county executive up in Sandicot. | 这孩子刚当选桑迪科特的县长 |
[14:07] | I’m Marc. An honor to meet you, Mr. Axelrod. | 我叫马尔科 很荣幸见到你阿克斯罗德先生 |
[14:09] | Sit down, have some wine. | 坐 喝点酒 |
[14:12] | Is this yours? | 你做的 |
[14:13] | Made it with my own two feet. | 我亲自酿制的 |
[14:18] | Hey, look, I’ll stay next time. | 下次再聊 |
[14:20] | – Kids are hungry. – Okay. | -孩子们饿了 -行 |
[14:21] | Ciao, Bobby. Enjoy. | 再见 波比 用餐愉快 |
[14:23] | Good to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[14:27] | – That’s a busy man. – Yeah. | -真是个大忙人 -是啊 |
[14:28] | There’ll be time. There’ll be time. | 来日方长 会有机会的 |
[14:35] | – You told my father. – I didn’t tell him. | -你告诉我父亲了 -我没说 |
[14:39] | He’s like you. He figured it out. | 他跟你一样 自己琢磨出来的 |
[14:41] | No, he had a theory, which you confirmed. | 不 你证实了他的推测 |
[14:44] | – He’s hounding me now. – What about these lawsuits? | -他到处找我 -那些诉讼是怎么回事 |
[14:47] | Were you gonna tell me about them? | 你打算告诉我吗 |
[14:48] | Why did I have to read about it in the Times? | 为什么我还得从《纽约时报》上了解这事 |
[14:50] | Nuisance suits. Minor distraction. | 滋扰罪诉讼 小事而已 |
[14:52] | Didn’t rate a discussion. | 不值一提 |
[14:53] | This investigator — Oliver Dake. | 那个调查员 奥利弗·戴克 |
[14:55] | Yeah, well, I told you about him. | 对 我跟你说过他 |
[14:57] | He’s questioning me later. | 他一会儿要来询问我 |
[15:05] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[15:11] | So, Chuck… | 查克… |
[15:13] | do you still feel as if you’re under attack… | 你仍旧觉得自己受到无形力量的… |
[15:17] | by unseen forces? | 攻击吗 |
[15:26] | Carolyn, can we have the room for five minutes? | 卡洛琳 能给我们五分钟聊聊吗 |
[15:34] | Look, I don’t know what to say to him. | 我不知道该怎么跟他说 |
[15:36] | He knows you dropped the case. | 他知道你撤销了调查 |
[15:37] | He thinks it’s connected to me. | 觉得这一切与我有关 |
[15:40] | If he puts together the session notes… | 要是再加上谈话笔记的事… |
[15:43] | That will be a career-ender for me. | 那我的职业生涯就结束了 |
[15:44] | I’m aware. | 我明白 |
[15:49] | You’re the expert on this sort of thing. | 你是这方面的专家 |
[15:52] | How should I spin it, what kind of… | 我要怎么解释 该用… |
[15:54] | language should I use? | 何种措辞 |
[15:55] | Should I have an attorney present? | 需要请律师在场陪同吗 |
[15:57] | No. That will make it look worse. | 不用 那只会让事情变得更糟 |
[16:04] | No, don’t spin it at all. | 不要去解释 |
[16:08] | Answer his questions truthfully, | 如实回答他的问题 |
[16:10] | don’t put any lies on the record no matter what. | 无论他问什么 都不要撒谎 |
[16:12] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[16:16] | I don’t want you to lie for me. | 我不想你帮我撒谎 |
[16:22] | Probably gonna go down anyway. | 可能不管怎样我都得坐牢 |
[16:23] | I don’t want you going down with me. | 我不希望你跟我一起坐牢 |
[16:25] | Kids are gonna need one parent not in custody, right? | 孩子们总得有人照顾 对吗 |
[16:39] | We should probably let her back in. | 我们该叫她回来了 |
[17:38] | Your relationship with your husband, | 你和你丈夫之间的关系 |
[17:41] | would you say it’s been healthy? | 你觉得健康吗 |
[17:44] | We have our ups and downs. | 我们之间也有起有落 |
[17:46] | When did you stop living together? | 你们什么时候分居的 |
[17:47] | Is that relevant? | 这与调查有关吗 |
[17:49] | Was it before or after you were given five million dollars | 这事是发生在他的调查对象 |
[17:51] | by the target of his investigation? | 给你五百万美元之前还是之后 |
[17:56] | We separated right before that. | 就在拿到钱之前我们开始分居的 |
[17:58] | I find the timing convenient. | 这时机真是巧妙 |
[18:02] | Are you married, Mr. Dake? | 你结婚了吗 戴克先生 |
[18:05] | My status is none of your concern. | 我的婚姻状况与你无关 |
[18:07] | So you are. | 所以你是已婚 |
[18:09] | But it’s new — two years? | 但时间不长 两年吗 |
[18:12] | I hope you don’t find this out personally, | 希望你不用亲身经历 |
[18:14] | but separating is never convenient. | 但分居绝非是能一时兴起而为之的 |
[18:16] | If you are legitimately separated — | 如果你们真的分居了… |
[18:18] | – That’s been established. – Has it? | -事实如此 -是吗 |
[18:19] | Or did the two of you work in a separation | 还是你们俩假借分居之名 |
[18:22] | to make Axelrod’s payment more palatable? | 好让阿克斯罗德给你的钱更为安全 |
[18:24] | They’re not connected. | 这两件事并无联系 |
[18:27] | How long after the payment | 你在收到钱之后多久 |
[18:28] | did you end your employment at Axe Capital? | 从阿克斯资本辞职的 |
[18:31] | The same day. | 当天 |
[18:33] | What an eventful day. | 真是个多事之日 |
[18:35] | How would Axelrod characterize the payment? | 阿克斯罗德是如何描述这笔钱的 |
[18:38] | It was compensation. | 报酬 |
[18:40] | A bonus for services rendered, | 我给阿克斯本人做了一次复杂的心理咨询 |
[18:41] | a very complex session for Axe himself. | 这是按劳所得的奖金 |
[18:45] | What did you talk about? | 你们谈了些什么 |
[18:49] | I’m a medical doctor, | 我是一名医生 |
[18:50] | and that’s privileged information, as you well know. | 你应该清楚谈话内容是保密的 |
[18:52] | So if you’re trying to trip me up, | 要是你试图让我违反职业操守 |
[18:53] | try harder. | 想想别的办法吧 |
[18:55] | You can come back with a court order, | 你下次可以带着法院命令来 |
[18:57] | lock me up, | 把我关进大牢 |
[18:58] | and I’d still never tell you a goddamn thing about my patients. | 我依然不会透露一星半点与我病人有关的事情 |
[19:00] | I just wonder what could have been said in such a session | 我只想知道在这样一次特别的咨询中说了什么 |
[19:03] | to justify such an enormous sum. | 足以证明这么一大笔钱是合理的 |
[19:05] | It was commensurate with other bonuses at Axe Capital. | 这在阿克斯资本与其他奖金是相称的 |
[19:08] | So five million dollars is not a large bonus? | 所以五百万美元算不上是大额奖金 |
[19:10] | What a rarified world you live in, | 你真是生活在一个阳春白雪的世界里啊 |
[19:12] | Ms. Rhoades. | 罗兹女士 |
[19:13] | Did something else happen | 有没有发生别的事 |
[19:14] | to increase your value to Axelrod? | 从而提升了你对于阿克斯罗德的价值 |
[19:17] | Such as? | 例如 |
[19:20] | Did you provide him information? | 你向他提供信息了吗 |
[19:24] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[19:25] | Details about the investigation or its status, | 调查的细节或者调查的状况 |
[19:29] | past, present, or future? | 过去 现在及将来的调查方向 |
[19:30] | No, nothing. | 没有 我什么都没说过 |
[19:32] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[19:39] | Do you think that your husband | 你觉得你的丈夫 |
[19:42] | was really recused from the Axelrod case, | 真的回避了阿克斯罗德的案子吗 |
[19:45] | as he claimed? | 如他所说的那样 |
[19:47] | He told me he was. I took it at face value. | 他跟我说他回避了 表面上看确实如此 |
[19:49] | Did you ever hear him discuss the case | 你有没有听到过他与同事 |
[19:52] | with colleagues or on the phone? | 或是在电话里讨论此案 |
[19:55] | I can’t say for sure that I did. | 我不确定有听到过 |
[19:59] | But you can’t say you didn’t. | 但你也不确定没有 |
[20:03] | No, I can’t. | 是的 |
[20:07] | We’re going to need to talk formally again. | 我们需要再正式面谈一次 |
[20:10] | Okay, I really don’t have anything more to say. | 好吧 我真的没什么好说的了 |
[20:12] | You can confirm that Chuck Rhoades | 你能证实查克·罗兹 |
[20:14] | was secretly directing the Axelrod investigation. | 在暗中指挥对阿克斯罗德的调查 |
[20:16] | He wasn’t really recused, was he? | 他没有真正回避此案 对吗 |
[20:20] | Are we gonna do this over the phone? | 我们非得在电话里说吗 |
[20:22] | No. In your office. | 不 我去你办公室谈 |
[20:23] | And you will give me what I need. | 你会告诉我我想知道的一切 |
[20:25] | Or maybe we’ll have a pepperoni slice in Yonkers. | 不然我们去扬克斯品尝一下意大利辣肠披萨 |
[20:29] | You can invite your boss. | 你可以邀请你的上司一同前来 |
[20:31] | I can influence the vector of your future, Mr. Connerty. | 我能左右你未来的仕途 康纳蒂先生 |
[20:34] | And you’d do well not to forget that. | 你最好不要忘了这一点 |
[20:56] | I got more on Krakow. | 我查到了更多克拉科夫的消息 |
[20:58] | No. Get your better half in here. | 不 让你的”贤内助”进来说 |
[21:04] | Anata-Tek — | 阿娜塔-特克 |
[21:05] | rising market share in wearable computers. | 正不断提高其在可佩戴式计算机业的市场占有率 |
[21:07] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[21:08] | It’s a hedge fund group grope, | 那是一场对冲基金淫乱派对 |
[21:10] | Krakow leading the party. | 克拉科夫主导的 |
[21:11] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:12] | Anata-Tek’s IPO two years ago was lukewarm, | 阿娜塔-特克两年前的首次公开募股表现平平 |
[21:14] | but the stock is soaring | 但在他们的旗舰产品 |
[21:15] | ahead of the release of their flagship. | 推入市场前 股价飙升 |
[21:16] | – It’s called the Ring. – I know about the Ring, Mafee. | -这叫做环操市场 -我知道 玛菲 |
[21:19] | It’s a great prototype. | 那是一个非常棒的原型 |
[21:20] | But can they scale up, can they ship product? | 但他们能做大 能出货吗 |
[21:22] | Not if the microchips are supplied | 除非有家虚假的中国工厂为其提供芯片 |
[21:23] | by a fake Chinese factory. | 不然不可能 |
[21:27] | Short two million. | 做空两百万 |
[21:29] | Wake me up when the stock’s | 当股价从现有水平 |
[21:30] | down ten percent from the current levels. | 下降百分之十的时候叫醒我 |
[21:31] | That’s where we want to cover. | 我们在这个点位补仓 |
[21:36] | This is gonna be fun. | 这将会很有趣 |
[21:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:39] | After they’ve completed the order, | 等他们下完单后 |
[21:40] | send a tweet from my account. | 用我的账号发条推特 |
[21:41] | Say, “Who’s supplying Anata-Tek? | 就写”阿娜塔-特克的供应商是谁 |
[21:44] | Next Lumber Liquidators,” Question mark. | 下一个林木宝吗” 问号 |
[21:47] | From your account? | 你的账号吗 |
[21:48] | That may be a little… blatant. | 会不会…太直白了 |
[21:50] | Good. I don’t want to be subtle. | 很好 我不想太隐晦 |
[21:52] | I want him to know it’s me. | 我要让他知道是我 |
[21:54] | Dr. Gus is on the premises. | 格斯博士已经到了 |
[21:56] | Okay. Start pushing everyone through, mandatory sessions. | 好 让每个人都过去谈话 必须得去 |
[22:05] | Are you a hard-ass, badass, jackass, | 你是个狠角色 坏人 蠢货 |
[22:07] | or no ass? | 还是胆小鬼呢 |
[22:10] | Sorry? | 抱歉 |
[22:11] | And that is one of the three things | 那是坐在那里的人们 |
[22:14] | that people say in that spot. | 通常会说的三句话之一 |
[22:17] | It’s kind of like the “Dick-for” thing. | 就是逗人的那种话 |
[22:20] | If you apologize after I’ve said something confusing, | 在我说了让你困惑的话之后 如果你道歉 |
[22:23] | that is on you, my friend. | 那就是你的问题了 朋友 |
[22:26] | If you say so. | 你要这么说的话 |
[22:28] | What I say is, | 我的意思是 |
[22:30] | we used to live in a world that rewarded those | 我们以前生活的世界里 工作做得好 |
[22:33] | who were very good at their jobs. | 就会得到奖励 |
[22:35] | Do you know what you get now for being very good? | 你知道你现在工作做得非常好得到的是什么吗 |
[22:37] | You get keistered. | 你会被人搞 |
[22:41] | Do you want to get keistered, Ben? | 你想被搞吗 本 |
[22:46] | No. | 不想 |
[22:47] | I almost said “Sorry” again | 我差点又说了”抱歉” |
[22:48] | because I barely understand what you’re– | 因为我几乎不能理解你的… |
[22:50] | And we will work on that. | 我们慢慢改 |
[22:54] | Replace “Sorry” with, “What the fuck are you trying to say?” | 将”抱歉”换成 “你他妈想说什么” |
[23:01] | Yeah, I don’t feel comfortable with that. | 我不太喜欢那样子 |
[23:03] | I’m not interested in your comfort. | 我不管你喜不喜欢 |
[23:05] | Axe Capital is not interested in your comfort. | 阿克斯资本也不管你喜不喜欢 |
[23:08] | I am interested in you becoming | 我关注的是你成为 |
[23:10] | a goddamn giant-killer. | 一个强者终结者 |
[23:14] | Do you want to be a giant-killer, Ben? | 你想成为强者终结者吗 本 |
[23:17] | Sure. | 当然 |
[23:18] | What the fuck are you trying to say?! | 你他妈想说什么 |
[23:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:22] | I want to kill giants. | 我想要打败强者 |
[23:24] | There ya go! | 对了 |
[23:27] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[23:35] | I thought we were gonna talk about the path | 我以为我们要讨论的是 |
[23:37] | from analyst to portfolio manager. | 从分析师到基金经理的职业道路 |
[23:39] | That is all we are talking about, | 那就是我们正在讨论的 |
[23:40] | and you are a long way from making the trek up that path. | 你离走上那条路还远着呢 |
[23:43] | Holy fuck, do you people need what I do. | 我操 难怪你们需要我这样的人 |
[23:46] | Go! | 出去吧 |
[23:48] | Tell Gayle to make an appointment | 告诉盖尔 给你预约 |
[23:49] | for you to come and see me next week. | 下周见面 |
[24:09] | You are currently engaged in a legal action against Mr. Rhoades. | 目前你牵涉到一起针对罗兹先生的法律诉讼 |
[24:13] | Yes. | 是 |
[24:14] | Do you harbor suspicions of additional misconduct | 你是否怀疑还有没有出现在公开报告上的 |
[24:17] | that you opted not to include in your public filings? | 其他的不当行为 |
[24:19] | Suspicions? | 怀疑 |
[24:20] | Sure. I’m full of suspicions. | 当然有 我可多怀疑了 |
[24:23] | I’m suspicious of all-you-can-eat buffets. | 我对所有的自助餐都存疑 |
[24:26] | Each and every 10-K I have to read. | 我对要读的每个年报都存疑 |
[24:28] | I’m suspicious that the folks you work for — | 我对你们为之工作的 |
[24:30] | the federal government — occasionally fuck up. | 联邦政府存疑…时不时出点事情 |
[24:33] | Hey, you get me started, I’ll admit I’m suspicious | 你让我起了头 我得承认我怀疑 |
[24:36] | that not all prize fights are on the up and up, | 不是所有的职业拳击赛都是光明正大的 |
[24:38] | that Warren Buffett and Bill Gates | 沃伦·巴菲特和比尔·盖茨 |
[24:40] | may not really like each other as much as they claim. | 或许没有他们对外声称的那么喜欢对方 |
[24:43] | I’m even suspicious that maybe | 我甚至还怀疑 |
[24:45] | you don’t really need those glasses to see. | 其实你并不需要那副眼镜 |
[24:49] | I do. | 我需要 |
[24:50] | I think you see pretty clearly. | 我觉得你能看得很清楚 |
[24:53] | But those are all the suspicions that I’m prepared to share | 不过就你的身份而言 |
[24:55] | with you today in your professional capacity. | 我今天愿意和你分享的疑虑只有这些了 |
[24:59] | Were you aware that the U.S. Attorney | 你是否知晓联邦检察院 |
[25:00] | was pursuing charges against you | 正准备起诉你 |
[25:02] | in connection with a firearms disturbance | 由于你与你的一名员工 |
[25:05] | by one of your employees? | 非法持械有关 |
[25:10] | Mr. Axelrod finds the question irrelevant. | 阿克斯罗德先生认为该问题与你的调查无关 |
[25:12] | Consider him aware now. | 当他现在知道了 |
[25:14] | The same day the U.S. Attorney ended the pursuit of said charges, | 联邦检察院结束所谓的控诉追查的同一天 |
[25:18] | his wife received a five million dollar payment from this company. | 他的妻子收到了你们公司转给她的五百万美元 |
[25:21] | Highly irregular. | 极其不正常 |
[25:23] | In your world. Not in this one. | 在你的圈子里不正常 这个圈子可没有 |
[25:25] | I don’t think a judge or jury is likely to discount the linkage. | 我觉得法官或是陪审团不会忽略这一关联 |
[25:28] | My client allowed you here as a courtesy. | 我的委托人出于礼貌允许你来到这里 |
[25:32] | No one at Axe Capital works under a contract. | 在阿克斯资本工作的人没有谁签有合同 |
[25:35] | Each are compensated at my client’s sole discretion | 由我的委托人根据他们对公司的价值 |
[25:38] | based on their value to the firm. | 来决定薪资 |
[25:40] | I think you misunderstand my intentions, Mr. Bach. | 我觉得你误解我的意图了 巴赫先生 |
[25:44] | The DOJ has authorized me to offer the whole menu. | 司法部授权我告知你们这个协议 |
[25:49] | We would be willing to give Mr. Axelrod | 我们愿意给予阿克斯罗德先生 |
[25:51] | immunity from prosecution… | 免受起诉的豁免权 |
[25:54] | If he were to testify that the five million dollars | 只要他证实那五百万美金 |
[25:56] | was, in fact, a bribe of the U.S. Attorney. | 实际上是给联邦检察院的贿款 |
[26:00] | After all, uh, hedge funds will do what they do, | 毕竟 对冲基金会不择手段 |
[26:05] | but Mr. Rhoades answers to a higher authority… justice. | 但是罗兹先生需要遵守更高权威 司法制度 |
[26:10] | Cue the orchestra. | 提醒乐队 |
[26:13] | You’ll hear from us. | 我们会联系你的 |
[26:26] | Lay it out. | 说吧 |
[26:28] | If you take the deal, claim it was a bribe, | 如果你接受协议 承认那是贿赂 |
[26:31] | your reputation may take a hit, but… | 你的名声可能会受点影响 但是… |
[26:35] | it would be the end of Chuck Rhoades. | 可以解决掉查克·罗兹 |
[26:37] | Because although I know it wasn’t a bribe, | 因为虽然我知道那不是贿赂 |
[26:40] | the facts line up. | 但是几件事确实对得上 |
[26:43] | He would be disgraced. | 他会被人唾弃 |
[26:45] | Removed from office, indicted. | 被撤职 被起诉 |
[26:48] | But Wendy Rhoades would be indicted, too. | 但是温蒂·罗兹也会被起诉 |
[27:00] | Indonesian? | 印尼菜 |
[27:03] | Oh, God, yeah. | 好极了 |
[27:04] | You obviously heard my stomach’s cries for help. | 你肯定听到了我的胃在哭着求助 |
[27:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:08] | So how’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[27:09] | You coming up with anything for the big case? | 想出什么大案子了吗 |
[27:11] | Nah, not yet. | 还没有 |
[27:14] | Maybe we should pool our resources. | 或许我们应该整合我们的资源 |
[27:17] | I have a few things. | 我有些想法 |
[27:19] | They might sound better coming from you. | 或许你来说会更好 |
[27:22] | No, I — I think they’ll sound great coming from you. | 不 我觉得你来说更好 |
[27:28] | Look, I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[27:30] | We’re all thinking it. | 我们都是那么想的 |
[27:31] | There’s obviously more going on here, | 很明显背后还有很多弯弯绕绕 |
[27:33] | and none of us want to get caught | 我们没有人想再卷入 |
[27:34] | in another Chuck Rhoades web. | 查克·罗兹的破事中 |
[27:35] | No idea what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[27:36] | Here’s how I see it, though. | 不过我是这么看的 |
[27:38] | Whoever comes up with this impossible case | 不管是谁想出来这个不可能的案子 |
[27:40] | is in the lead for Head of Crim. | 他都会成为刑事主管 |
[27:42] | Counterpoint — whoever comes up with this impossible case | 相对应的 他也得赢下 |
[27:45] | is then going to have to win said impossible case. | 这个所谓的不可能赢的案子 |
[27:47] | And then if they don’t, they’re fucked. | 如果他们赢不了 那就惨了 |
[27:50] | That’s what Connerty thinks. | 康纳蒂是那么想的 |
[27:53] | And that’s why I’m not in his office. | 所以我没有出现在他的办公室 |
[27:55] | Is that what Connerty thinks, | 究竟是康纳蒂真的那么想的 |
[27:56] | or is that what he wants you to think? | 还是他只是想让你以为他是那么想的 |
[27:59] | I’m hearing that multiple former AUSAs | 我听说许多前助理检察官 |
[28:02] | are gonna come forward against you. | 将出面指证你 |
[28:04] | Fuck. Who? | 该死 有谁 |
[28:05] | No names yet. | 目前还没有他们的名字 |
[28:06] | The claim is that you were capricious, | 他们声称你反复无常 |
[28:09] | that, uh, you expected them to use intimidation | 说你希望他们通过恐吓 |
[28:11] | to get settlements. | 来解决问题 |
[28:12] | Oh, bullshit. | 放屁 |
[28:14] | Well, this gives the case teeth. | 这么做使你的案子更加棘手 |
[28:15] | There’s no way a judge is gonna throw it out now. | 就目前来说法官不可能将案件放置一旁 |
[28:18] | As your lawyer, I gotta advise you | 作为你的律师 我建议你 |
[28:20] | to consider the idea of a settlement. | 考虑一下和解 |
[28:22] | No. I won’t settle. | 不 我不想和解 |
[28:24] | Can’t. | 不可能 |
[28:26] | No, any appearance of guilt puts everything at risk. | 不 任何心虚的表现都会将一切至于险境 |
[28:28] | Every conviction my office has ever made | 所有经我办公室定的罪 |
[28:31] | would be in question. No. | 将被质疑 不行 |
[28:32] | Well, you can’t afford to think in absolutes. | 话可不能说死了 |
[28:34] | I’m gonna fight this all the way to a trial | 如果真到那地步 我会血战到底 |
[28:36] | if it comes to it. | 对簿公堂的 |
[28:37] | Buddy, you gotta understand. | 伙计 你必须了解 |
[28:39] | One hundred and twenty seven cases, if you’re found liable | 127件案件 如果你被发现负有责任 |
[28:41] | even for a portion of them, it could bankrupt you. | 哪怕仅仅是一部分 这都可能使你倾家荡产 |
[28:44] | So if this gets sticky, | 所以如果事情变得棘手 |
[28:45] | how big is your trust, how bulletproof is it? | 你的信托金有多少 有多安全 |
[28:49] | You might — You might want to think | 你可能 你可能得考虑 |
[28:51] | – about going offshore with it. – No. | -带着这笔钱跑路 -不 |
[28:52] | It’s a blind trust, and I made a public vow. | 那是保密信托 我曾公开宣誓 |
[28:54] | I can’t touch the money or direct it | 我不能碰这笔钱或者转走它 |
[28:57] | as long as I’m in office. | 只要我仍然公职在身 |
[28:59] | Well, there’s one good thing about getting fired. | 这倒是被解雇的一个好处 |
[29:03] | Boy, it’s much better to be the lawyer… | 博伊 当律师真是好多了 |
[29:06] | and go home when the hour’s up, get some sleep. | 时间到了就回家睡觉 |
[29:09] | If you’re the client, you’re up all night. | 如果你是委托人 你一晚上都睡不着 |
[29:16] | I was wondering why we were at a four-top. | 我就在想为什么我们在四楼 |
[29:18] | Taiga. I met her at SoulCycle. | 泰嘉 我在灵魂单车认识的 |
[29:20] | She brought a friend for you, too. | 她也带了个朋友过来 |
[29:20] | – No, no, I told you. – Just give it a chance. | -不 不 我告诉过你 -就试一次 |
[29:23] | She’s great. She’s an artist. | 她很不错 是个艺术家 |
[29:24] | She’s got a new show in Soho, in Queens. | 她在苏豪区…是在皇后区有一场新的展览 |
[29:27] | Actually Hoboken. Whatever. She’s cool. | 其实是霍博肯 管他呢 她很棒 |
[29:29] | – Hey, babe. – Hi. | -你好 宝贝 -你好 |
[29:32] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[29:34] | Hi. Ira. Nicole. | 你好 艾拉·妮可 |
[29:35] | – Charmed. – Taiga. | -你很迷人 -泰嘉 |
[29:37] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:38] | So you have to try the Green Dream. | 你们必须试试绿色梦幻 |
[29:40] | The mixologist here makes them with Ice Juice. | 这的调酒师用冰的果汁来调配它 |
[29:43] | It’s this new cold-pressed raw juice bar. | 这是新的冷压原汁吧 |
[29:46] | It’s literally the best thing in the world. | 字面上来说 它是世界上最棒的 |
[29:48] | The guy who owns that company is a client of mine. | 拥有这公司的人是我的委托人 |
[29:50] | I’ll slide you guys some gift cards. | 我会偷偷给你们些礼品卡 |
[29:55] | Anata-Tek had a brutal sell-off after hours. | 阿娜塔-特克几小时后被疯狂抛售 |
[29:58] | – We covered. – Short it again. | -我们做过补仓 -再做空它 |
[30:00] | If it cracked this much from just a tweet, | 一条推特就能有这么大威力 |
[30:01] | they’re terrified. | 他们都恐慌了 |
[30:03] | We can break the rest of it | 如果丢出一条重磅消息 |
[30:04] | if we throw a rock. | 我们就能击垮剩下的所有人 |
[30:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:05] | And wait for the dead-cat bounce. | 等待它死猫反弹 |
[30:07] | As soon as the stock’s up one percent, | 只要这支股票上涨百分之一 |
[30:09] | start whacking bids again. | 开始再一次低价抛售 |
[30:11] | It’ll dump, maybe by half. | 它会一泻千里 可能直接腰斩一半 |
[30:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[30:17] | Where’s Wags? | 瓦格斯在哪 |
[30:24] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[30:34] | Continue. I want Wags to hear this. | 继续 我想让瓦格斯听听这消息 |
[30:37] | The Krakow play, your hostility toward him, | 克拉科夫这出戏 以及你对他的敌意 |
[30:40] | What’s really animating it? | 值得你这么做的原因在哪 |
[30:42] | Is it coloring your strategy? | 它使你的策略更加出色了吗 |
[30:44] | Perhaps if you show restraint… | 也许如果你克制一点 |
[30:45] | Restraint? Take a good look at the floor, | 克制 好好看看这层楼 |
[30:47] | because you don’t know where the fuck you’re standing right now. | 你知不知道你现在站在什么地方 |
[30:50] | – It’s in my purview — – You are here | -我有权… -你在这 |
[30:52] | to keep the Visigoths outside of the city walls, | 是要把那帮西哥特人拦在墙外 |
[30:55] | not to impugn judgment of the Caesar. | 而不是去指责凯撒的决定 |
[30:57] | No, it’s a smart question. | 不 这是一个好问题 |
[31:00] | Krakow knows your personal animus. | 克拉科夫知道你的敌意 |
[31:02] | He could be counting on a certain hasty economic response. | 他可能就指着你做出一个草率的经济决策 |
[31:05] | It could be a trap. | 这可能是个圈套 |
[31:11] | Inform Mafee. | 通知玛菲 |
[31:13] | Hold on Anata-Tek until we’ve heard from Dollar Bill. | 持仓不动直到我们得到美元大亨的消息 |
[31:26] | I usually depend on you | 我通常指望着你 |
[31:26] | to know what’s in my heart, Wags. | 去弄明白我心里想要什么 瓦格斯 |
[31:28] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[31:30] | Never better. | 再好不过了 |
[31:32] | Good, ’cause there’s something I need you on. | 不错 因为现在我需要你来办点事 |
[31:35] | I need to diversify. | 我需要分散投资 |
[31:37] | I’m not talking about portfolios. | 我指的不是证券投资组合 |
[31:39] | I want to make a fundamental change in our standing. | 我想对我们的根基做出根本性的改变 |
[31:42] | We can’t live inside those city walls forever. | 我们不能永远生活在城墙里 |
[31:45] | Change is coming. | 改革的时候到了 |
[31:48] | Stay ahead of it. | 保持领先 |
[31:49] | Start looking. | 开始寻找机遇 |
[31:54] | I can’t help feeling these ideas are uninspired. | 我不禁感到这些主意都是毫无创见的 |
[31:59] | What else do you have? | 你们还有什么建议 |
[32:04] | We go after tech companies, the media darlings, | 我们研究了科技公司 媒体宠儿 |
[32:07] | the “Don’t be evil” crowd. | 还有”不作恶”团体 |
[32:07] | “不作恶”是谷歌的座右铭及口号 此处不能确定是否指谷歌 | |
[32:08] | They’re hypocrites, dodging billions in taxes. | 他们是群伪君子 逃了数十亿的税 |
[32:11] | No. Think smarter, bigger. | 不 再聪明一点 深远一点 |
[32:14] | I need a narrative, victims and villains. | 我需要一个故事 受害者和坏人 |
[32:16] | What if we went after Spartan-Ives? | 我们去查查斯巴坦-艾弗斯怎么样 |
[32:19] | That’s as big as it gets. | 一定会是个大案子 |
[32:21] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[32:22] | That place is a finishing school for treasury secretaries. | 那块地方是财政部长的精修学校 |
[32:25] | And we muck in there and step wrong, | 如果我们在那做错了事 |
[32:27] | we’ll all be shaking cups outside of the Bar Association. | 我们都将会被排除在律师协会之外 |
[32:31] | He’s right. That’s exactly the opposite of what we need. | 他是对的 这和我们所需要的截然相反 |
[32:39] | Look, I get it. I get it. | 我知道了 我知道了 |
[32:42] | We’ve all been bred in a culture of perfection. | 我们成长于追求完美的文化之中 |
[32:46] | Valedictorian, Phi Beta Kappa, | 优秀毕业生 美国大学优等生荣誉学会 |
[32:50] | Head of Crim. | 刑事主管 |
[32:53] | You ever get a “B,” Kate? | 你得过B吗 凯特 |
[32:55] | Third grade, in Art. | 三年级的时候 艺术课 |
[32:58] | – I did extra credit, got it up. – Yeah. | -我修了额外的学分 给补上了 -好 |
[33:01] | Nobody wants to gamble on this, get yoked to a loser. | 没人想在这上面赌一把 成为一个失败者 |
[33:05] | But you need to understand it is not a gamble, | 但是你们需要知道这不是一场赌博 |
[33:07] | it is a calculated risk. | 这是一场冒险 |
[33:10] | So go naked into the street | 所以给我全力以赴 |
[33:14] | and snare me a thundering, monumental fucking case… | 给我找出一个惊人的 值得纪念的大案子 |
[33:21] | …because none of you are gonna get what you want | 因为你们没人能得到你们想要的 |
[33:23] | until you cut yourselves open. | 直到你们拼尽全力 |
[33:44] | What’s going on, Bryan? | 怎么了 布莱恩 |
[33:47] | I think we’re doing our best with what we’ve been given. | 我觉得就手头的资源来说我们已经做到最好了 |
[33:50] | Well, seems to me you’re a step slow. | 好吧 在我看来你慢了一步 |
[33:53] | It’s a big challenge, | 这是一项巨大的挑战 |
[33:55] | an expansion of our moral mission. | 是对我们道德使命的延伸 |
[33:57] | Normally, I’d expect you’d tear | 通常 我会希望你 |
[33:59] | into a piece of red meat like that. | 猛扑而上 |
[34:00] | It just takes time. | 这需要时间 |
[34:02] | I’ll have something by tomorrow. | 明天我会想出些主意的 |
[34:03] | By end of day today. | 最晚今天晚上 |
[34:11] | Right. You’re in D.C. tomorrow. | 好吧 明天你在华盛顿 |
[34:23] | If you don’t want to work together on this thing, great. | 如果你不想一起干这件事 很好 |
[34:26] | Do not steamroll my idea before I — | 不要先否定我的想法… |
[34:28] | That was me doing you a favor. | 我那是在帮你的忙 |
[34:37] | The Spartan idea was a loser | 查斯巴坦的想法是一个败笔 |
[34:38] | because of what Chuck’s not saying. | 原因查克并没有说 |
[34:40] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[34:41] | Spartan-Ives is a friend to the administration. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯是政府的朋友 |
[34:45] | Lawrence Boyd and the A.G. | 劳伦斯·博伊德和检察长 |
[34:47] | went to fucking Horace Mann together. | 还是霍瑞斯曼高中的同学 |
[34:49] | – So what Chuck’s looking for — – Is an enemy. | -那查克在找什么 -敌人 |
[34:51] | He wants to bring him a trophy. | 他想找战利品 |
[34:53] | I’ve got one. | 我有 |
[34:56] | Executive e-mails leaked by a whistle-blower. | 泄露出的高管邮件 |
[35:00] | This is the case that he’s looking for. | 这就是他要找的案子 |
[35:08] | Well, why don’t you give it to Chuck yourself? | 那你为什么不自己给查克 |
[35:12] | Might sound better coming from you. | 经你手可能好点 |
[35:15] | Well, you really do think | 那你真的以为 |
[35:16] | that finding the best case would be a trap. | 找到最合适的案子是个圈套吗 |
[35:19] | But if you’re wrong, you don’t want to risk | 万一你错了 你总不想 |
[35:21] | Connerty bringing it in and getting the credit. | 让康纳蒂名利双收吧 |
[35:25] | Maybe. | 有可能 |
[35:27] | But this could be very good…for you. | 但这对你可能很有利 |
[35:32] | Or very bad. | 也可能很有害 |
[35:36] | I don’t care. | 无所谓 |
[35:38] | I’ll give it to Chuck anyway | 我会交给查克的 |
[35:39] | because it’s the right thing to do. | 因为这样做才对 |
[35:41] | It’s what Chuck wants. | 查克想要这个 |
[35:44] | It doesn’t make it right. | 不代表那是对的 |
[35:54] | All right, let’s take a break. | 好了 先歇会儿 |
[35:58] | You know, I’ve been thinking about what you said. | 我一直在想你说的话 |
[36:00] | About your next chapter. | 关于你的下一步 |
[36:03] | I think we should start something — a business. | 我们应该开启一番事业 |
[36:07] | Interesting. | 有点意思 |
[36:08] | What did you have in mind? | 你怎么想的 |
[36:10] | I don’t know. | 还没头绪 |
[36:11] | It should be unique, you know, something that fits us. | 不过应该有特色 适合我们 |
[36:18] | Nothing in the warehouse, nothing in the truck. | 仓库空空如也 车里也一样 |
[36:20] | It’s a quiet racket. | 这交易挺神秘 |
[36:22] | I can get you more dirt if you need it. | 如果想要我还有更多的黑料 |
[36:24] | Whole Chinese economy works like this. | 全中国都在搞这个 |
[36:27] | So my guy likes to get his beak wet — | 所以我的人想狠狠敲诈他们一笔 |
[36:28] | Let’s stay on point. | 别跑题 |
[36:30] | Anata-Tek is a company with no tech. | 阿娜塔-特克没有任何技术 |
[36:34] | Just as Taylor anticipated. | 就像泰勒预期那样 |
[36:36] | She spotted that from outer space? | 她从外太空发现的吗 |
[36:39] | Not she. They. | 不是她 是他们 |
[36:47] | Get it hard, keep it hard, use it! | 硬挺 持久 物尽其用 |
[36:54] | He hasn’t fucked his woman in six months. | 他半年都没搞过他女人了 |
[36:57] | Should you… be sharing that? | 那你不帮帮忙吗 |
[37:00] | Not in the “Should” game. | 这事帮不得 |
[37:02] | – Welcome aboard, Gus. – Thanks. | -欢迎加入 古斯 -谢谢 |
[37:04] | I know it was your plug that got this done for me, | 我明白这事都有劳你了 |
[37:06] | and I have an elephant dick of a memory. | 我记性可不差 |
[37:09] | So when are you coming in for a session? | 你什么时候来做心理咨询 |
[37:10] | You want to go now? | 现在吗 |
[37:12] | I’m not under the same mandate as the other staff. | 我不像其他员工那样是强制要做的 |
[37:15] | You sure? | 是吗 |
[37:17] | Lot of changes around here. | 这里可变了不少 |
[37:19] | More out there. | 外面更多 |
[37:20] | It’ll hit ya. | 小心被搞啊 |
[37:21] | Guys like you and me, we’re getting older. | 咱们都在变老了 |
[37:23] | We got to fight for every scrap | 得为自己拥有的一切 |
[37:25] | of what used to be ours by right. | 好好拼命 |
[37:28] | No. | 用不着 |
[37:30] | Then let me buy you a steak. | 那我请你吃牛排吧 |
[37:31] | Not necessary. | 不必了 |
[37:36] | Omakase menu at Nakazowa. | “中沢”厨定日料 |
[37:42] | You are good. | 品味不错 |
[37:44] | Have you talked to the source of the e-mails? | 和邮件泄漏源联系了吗 |
[37:46] | An hour ago. | 一小时前 |
[37:47] | Said it’s even worse than what’s there. | 说情况比里面还糟 |
[37:49] | CEO Kurt Williams knew about it, | CEO库尔特·威廉姆斯知道这事 |
[37:51] | could have stopped it, directed it to continue. | 本来可以阻止 却一意孤行 |
[37:54] | Well, that’ll be he said, she said. | 那都是一面之词 |
[37:57] | Now, this case is far from showroom ready, | 这案子离能上庭还远着呢 |
[37:59] | but it’s a real start. | 不过总算开始了 |
[38:00] | – Subpoena the company documents. – Right away. | -传唤调取公司文档 -马上 |
[38:03] | Ace work. | 干得漂亮 |
[38:08] | Mr. Rhoades, if you’re looking for a good whiskey bar | 罗兹先生 你要想在检察长办公室附近 |
[38:10] | near the A.G.’s office, I got one. | 找个好酒吧 我知道 |
[38:12] | – Opens early. – Not necessary. | -开门很早 -不必了 |
[38:14] | I just need you to loop me in with the new deputy. | 只需要你帮我联系一下新副检察长 |
[38:16] | I will happily connect you to Fred Reyes. | 乐意效劳 帮你接弗雷德·瑞斯 |
[38:19] | That would mean… | 那就是说… |
[38:19] | That I have something the General would want to hear about. | 我有检察长想要知道的事 |
[38:22] | …that my part in this is done. | 那我的活儿办完了 |
[38:24] | Don’t worry. Reyes knows who juiced him in. | 别担心 瑞斯知道是谁帮了他 |
[38:29] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[38:30] | – Fred, I got Chuck Rhoades on the line. – Chuck. | -弗雷迪 查克·罗兹在线上 -查克 |
[38:33] | Thanks for the good word. I appreciate you putting me up. | 谢谢你的美言和提名 |
[38:36] | Well, I’m looking forward | 我希望 |
[38:37] | to a harmonious relationship going forward. | 以后合作愉快 |
[38:39] | Chuck, about tomorrow, it — | 查克 明天那个… |
[38:41] | No worries. I just want to make sure that the A.G. knows | 别担心 我只想确保检察长知道 |
[38:44] | that I’m preparing an action against retail giant GoodStop. | 我正在准备对销售巨头顾思岛采取行动 |
[38:48] | They’ve bilked employees out of millions in unpaid overtime | 他们欠下员工无数加班费 |
[38:51] | and engaged in a cover-up at the highest level. | 并且瞒天过海 |
[38:53] | – And you can prove that? – Evidence in hand. | -你有证据吗 -证据确凿 |
[38:56] | It’s early stages, but, uh, | 初期阶段 不过 |
[38:58] | Kurt Williams is swimming in a dirty pool. | 库尔特·威廉姆斯要焦头烂额了 |
[39:00] | The same Kurt Williams anonymously funding | 库尔特·威廉姆斯正巧匿名资助 |
[39:02] | a super PAC ripping her a new asshole? | 某诘难她的超级政治行动委员会 |
[39:04] | Well, that’s an incredible coincidence, Chuck. | 这也太凑巧了吧 查克 |
[39:08] | The A.G.’s wanted to take them down for years. | 检察长本早就想搞掉他们了 |
[39:10] | Let me sell her on it. | 我去跟她说 |
[39:12] | I think she’s gonna let you bring it home. | 她会让你把案子落实的 |
[39:14] | Much appreciated. | 多谢了 |
[39:18] | 阿娜塔-特克股价崩盘 CEO被炒 | |
[39:19] | Anata-Tek is bleeding out. | 阿娜塔-特克尾市雪崩 |
[39:20] | Lost half its value. Krakow fired the CEO. | 股价暴跌半成 克拉科夫将CEO解雇 |
[39:23] | Do you want to make a statement? | 你要发表声明吗 |
[39:25] | No. I’ve said enough. | 不 我说的足够了 |
[39:28] | Congratulations on rooting this out. | 恭喜你查到源头斩草除根 |
[39:30] | A very good day for us. | 可贺的一天 |
[39:32] | Thank you for backing the idea. | 谢谢你的支持 |
[39:34] | – It really means a lot. – What do you care? | -对我而言意义重大 -你为什么要在乎 |
[39:38] | I know you already turned down a job here. | 我知道你拒绝了我们的职位 |
[39:40] | There’s nothing on the line for you, so what do you care? | 这一切都与你无关 你为什么要在乎 |
[39:43] | I just like being right. | 我只想做对的事 |
[39:45] | No. | 错 |
[39:47] | There’s something else. | 是因为别的 |
[39:52] | You were testing me, and you still are. | 你试探过我 现在也是 |
[40:00] | You wanted to know if I could see you, | 你本想看我是否能注意到你 |
[40:02] | behind Mafee, see what you saw. | 在玛菲身后 看到你的价值 |
[40:04] | I wanted to know if you’re as good as they say. | 我是想知道你有没有他们说的那么牛 |
[40:06] | I am. So why are you leaving? | 我当然牛 那你为什么要走 |
[40:08] | I just wanted a moment with you. | 我只想亲眼看下你的水平 |
[40:11] | Best advice you’ll get. Don’t settle for just one. | 最佳建议 别满足于一次成功 |
[40:16] | Seven fifty a year. | 75万年薪 |
[40:18] | That’s double entry level for an analyst. | 这是新分析师年薪的两倍了 |
[40:19] | I’m getting my MBA in Chicago under Eugene Fama, | 我正在芝加哥读MBA导师是诺奖得主 |
[40:22] | – the Nobel Laureate. – Come on. Fama’s an egghead. | -尤金·法玛 -得了 法玛就一呆货 |
[40:25] | Get an education right here. Make it a million a year. | 在我这学 100万年薪 |
[40:30] | What? | 什么 |
[40:31] | Three seventy-five or 750 or a million, | 37.5万 75万 100万 |
[40:33] | it’s all the same to you? | 对你而言都一样吗 |
[40:34] | It’s an abstraction? | 很抽象吗 |
[40:38] | I don’t know if you can understand… | 我不知道你能不能理解 |
[40:41] | maybe me being the way I am, | 也许我只是心随所愿 |
[40:43] | but just breathing the air here can be discomforting. | 但这里的空气可能让人觉得很不爽 |
[40:49] | The air is thinner. | 这里空气的确稀薄 |
[40:55] | Nah. | 不 |
[40:56] | You don’t belong here. | 你不属于这里 |
[40:58] | You’re outside it all. | 你置身事外 |
[41:00] | Sometimes you catch yourself | 有时候你觉得 |
[41:03] | watching all the people like they’re another species. | 看着这些人像是看着另一个物种 |
[41:06] | So you retreat… | 你就后退了 |
[41:08] | behind your aquarium walls, watching. | 躲到你的鱼缸后面观察着 |
[41:13] | But you don’t realize, Taylor, | 但你没有意识到 泰勒 |
[41:15] | that glass, it’s not a barrier, it’s a lens. | 那层玻璃它不是屏障 而是镜片 |
[41:20] | It’s an asset. It’s what makes you good. | 是一种资本 是你优秀的源泉 |
[41:23] | You see things differently. | 你看问题眼光独到 |
[41:26] | That’s an edge. | 那是一种优势 |
[41:29] | What about a week-to-week deal? | 按周聘用怎么样 |
[41:31] | Done. We’ll prorate the million. | 好 按周分摊那一百万 |
[41:33] | -19,000 -19230.77… – 19,000… – 19,230.77… | |
[41:35] | Hourly… | 时薪是… |
[41:36] | -240.38… -114.47… – 240.38… – 114.47… | |
[41:39] | Eighty hours a week? | 每周80个小时吗 |
[41:40] | There’s 168 hours in a week. | 一周有168个小时 |
[41:42] | That’s what you’re paying for — everything. | 那才是你要支付的 所有时间 |
[41:45] | Twenty-four seven. | 每时每刻 |
[41:49] | All right, Wags, call me tomorrow, | 好的瓦格斯 明天打给我 |
[41:51] | and I’ll give you the rest. | 我再告诉你其余的 |
[41:54] | I think I just found the thing. | 我想我找到了 |
[41:56] | – How do you feel about football? – Which team? | -你觉得橄榄球怎么样 -哪支球队 |
[41:58] | Not sure yet, but a franchise is talking to bankers | 还不确定 但一家特许经营公司找上了银行 |
[42:00] | about putting itself on the block. | 说想要拍卖自己 |
[42:02] | – Good. Go further. – Nice. | -很好 继续深入 -很好 |
[42:11] | Axe? | 阿克斯 |
[42:13] | Can I help you, Todd? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 托德 |
[42:15] | How many hours did you spend obsessing over my positions? | 你花了多少时间盯着我的资产配置 |
[42:18] | Ah, it paid for itself. | 还是有回报的 |
[42:19] | Or, rather, you paid for it. | 或者说 你给了我回报 |
[42:23] | You got me, Axe. You did. | 你逮到我了阿克斯 你逮到我了 |
[42:25] | But don’t worry. I’ll get you back. | 但别担心 我会反击的 |
[42:31] | I’m not here for another recruiting pitch. | 我不想再听一场招聘宣讲了 |
[42:34] | From the look in your eyes, | 从你的眼睛我可以看出 |
[42:35] | I’d say you have no real idea why you’re here. | 你真的不知道自己为什么要来这里 |
[42:39] | I just had to get out of that office. | 我只是要远离那办公室 |
[42:43] | Now it’s come to this, | 然后就想到 |
[42:44] | the one person I can turn to — you. | 我唯一一个可以找的人 就是你 |
[42:47] | That’s what the game does to you. | 那是游戏规则使你如此 |
[42:52] | I’m glad you called. | 很高兴你能打来 |
[43:03] | Nothing’s straightforward anymore. | 再没有直白坦率的事了 |
[43:06] | It’s barely recognizable. | 踪迹全然无寻 |
[43:10] | When I was in your class in law school, | 我在法学院上你的课时 |
[43:12] | we didn’t exactly cover… | 我们并没有学到… |
[43:14] | – The vagaries? – Right. | -变数 -没错 |
[43:16] | What was I going to say, | 我当时该怎么说呢 |
[43:17] | “When you leave these walls, | “当你们离开这里走向社会 |
[43:19] | none of what you do will even resemble | 你们所做的与我们在这里讨论的 |
[43:21] | the ideals discussed in this building, | 写的清晰明了的理想案例 |
[43:23] | what is so cleanly laid out in the books”? | 甚至不会有丝毫相似”吗 |
[43:28] | When I look around the office, I do not see friends. | 当我环顾办公室 我看不到朋友 |
[43:34] | There was a-a woman… | 有一个女人… |
[43:38] | a colleague. | 一个同事 |
[43:39] | Something good was starting. | 本来有个好开始的 |
[43:41] | But, uh, she saw me for what I was, | 但她看穿了我 |
[43:45] | what I was becoming, and then it was over. | 看穿我的改变 然后就没有然后了 |
[43:48] | To think that real relationships are possible | 在这么一个大染缸里 你还奢望 |
[43:50] | in such a cauldron. | 有真正的情感关系 |
[43:52] | I didn’t count on that. | 我没那么大指望 |
[43:54] | But I guess i did count on a shared mission. | 但我想我确实指望着能有共同的目标 |
[43:59] | Yet you stay. Yet you’re loyal to Rhoades. | 然而你留下来了 然而你还是效忠于罗兹 |
[44:03] | I can’t claim the moral high ground anymore. | 我再也无法标榜自己占据道德高地了 |
[44:06] | The Crim job. If I’m this conflicted now… | 刑事主管的工作 如果我现在就那么矛盾 |
[44:09] | There’s never been a leader of any merit | 从未有一个好领导 |
[44:11] | who was free of those doubts. | 可以逃避这些困惑 |
[44:13] | But you can’t stop now. | 但你现在不能停 |
[44:16] | You need to feel what it will be like to sit in that office, | 你要感受一下坐在那间办公室里 |
[44:19] | to be the one making the decision. | 运筹帷幄是什么感觉 |
[44:22] | And to resolve those conflicts — | 还要体会如何解决这些困惑… |
[44:25] | both the ones in the office and inside yourself. | 无论是职场上的还是你自己的困惑 |
[44:30] | Yeah, maybe I’ll ride it out long enough to see. | 好吧 也许我能坚持到亲眼见证的时候 |
[44:43] | 大腩金枪鱼很好吃 この大トロは素晴らしいです | |
[44:46] | -谢谢 -谢谢 | |
[44:48] | No fucking way he gets that job. | 他不可能得到那份工作 |
[44:51] | ‘Cause he can’t do that job! | 因为他做不来 |
[44:54] | – He’s a piker…… – Fucking cellphones. | -他是个胆小鬼 -该死的电话 |
[44:56] | … in this temple. | …在这种圣地 |
[44:58] | He can’t fucking do… I… | 他不能… 我… |
[45:10] | You don’t put ginger on the fish. | 你不能在鱼片上放姜 |
[45:12] | It’s to clear the palate between pieces, not drown it out. | 它是用来调节鱼片味道而不是喧宾夺主的 |
[45:16] | And it is already precisely sauced. | 而且这味道调得刚刚好 |
[45:19] | Doesn’t need a soy bath. | 不需要泡酱油浴 |
[45:21] | Chill out, Mr. Miyagi. | 冷静点 宫城先生 |
[45:27] | No. | 不 |
[45:29] | I won’t, you fucking heathens. | 我不 你个乡野村夫 |
[45:31] | This man is an artist. | 这位是一名艺术家 |
[45:34] | He had to spend ten years learning how to make the tamago. | 他要花十年时间来学习如何制作玉子烧 |
[45:38] | The egg. The egg! | 只是鸡蛋 鸡蛋 |
[45:40] | Your expense accounts don’t entitle you | 你的消费力并没有赋予你 |
[45:42] | to fuck his art up the ass! | 糟蹋他艺术品的权力 |
[45:45] | Dude, that’s it. | 兄弟 够了 |
[45:47] | – Settle. Settle, Wags. -Fuck, hold up. | -冷静 冷静瓦格斯 -等一下 |
[45:50] | It’s Mike Wagner. | 这是迈克·瓦格纳 |
[45:52] | Axe Capital. | 阿克斯资本的人 |
[45:56] | Apologies for the disrespect. | 冒犯了你很抱歉 |
[46:02] | 非常抱歉 申し訳ありません | |
[46:11] | Sorry you saw that. | 抱歉让你看到这些 |
[46:13] | It was a bit too revealing. | 这有点无礼 |
[46:16] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 没错 |
[46:19] | I loved it. | 我喜欢 |
[46:21] | That is passion, man. | 这就是激情 兄弟 |
[46:23] | When are you and I gonna go a few rounds, huh? | 我们俩什么时候可以一起去喝几杯 |
[46:27] | Let me tell you an open secret. | 让我告诉你一个公开的秘密吧 |
[46:30] | These traders I jack up all day, | 我天天鼓励的这些交易员 |
[46:32] | they are middle-school children. | 他们都是中学小朋友 |
[46:34] | You, you are Mike Wagner. | 而你 你是迈克·瓦格纳 |
[46:39] | But you need to ask yourself where are you at right now? | 但是你要问问自己现在是什么情况 |
[46:43] | What’s churning those waters up so much | 是什么把水位搅得那么高 |
[46:45] | that a little cub like that can break the levee? | 以至于一个那样的小子就能冲毁堤坝 |
[46:59] | Things can’t be that bad for you here | 这张检察长的照片还挂在墙上 |
[47:01] | if you still have the A.G.’s picture on your wall. | 看来事情并没有那么糟糕 |
[47:06] | Dad, uh… | 爸… |
[47:09] | about Wendy and me. | 关于我和温蒂的事 |
[47:10] | You thought you could keep it from me. | 你以为能瞒住我 |
[47:13] | Nah. | 不 |
[47:14] | These things have a way of floating up out of the murk. | 这些事总有办法传入他人耳 |
[47:21] | Our separation is about needing space. | 我们分开是因为彼此需要空间 |
[47:25] | And I think that extends to you. | 我觉得也同样适用于你 |
[47:27] | So I have to ask you… | 所以我不得不请你… |
[47:28] | I have something for you. | 我有样东西要给你 |
[47:32] | It occurred to me that your problem is money. | 我突然想起你的问题就是钱 |
[47:34] | – Always has been. – I disagree. | -一直都是 -我不同意 |
[47:36] | She has more money than you, | 她比你有钱 |
[47:37] | and that’s outside the natural order of things. | 而这不符合自然规律 |
[47:39] | But it’s only because everything you have | 但这仅仅是因为你拥有的一切 |
[47:41] | is bound up in this silly trust, and you can’t use it. | 都被绑在了这愚蠢的信托上 你没办法用 |
[47:44] | You’re effectively a cripple. | 你实际上就是个瘸子 |
[47:46] | I’m rewarded by a different metric. | 我这是不同的薪酬制度 |
[47:48] | But I have a solution. | 但我有办法 |
[47:50] | A signature from me as your trustee, and it goes where we need. | 我作为你的受托人签个字 事情就好办了 |
[47:56] | You didn’t. | 你没签 |
[48:01] | I bought a ring. | 我买了一个戒指 |
[48:03] | We’re in my office. | 我们现在在我的办公室 |
[48:05] | It’s not a gift from me. | 这不是我给你的礼物 |
[48:07] | I bought it with your money. | 我用你的钱买的 |
[48:14] | Give it to Wendy. | 送给温蒂 |
[48:16] | Show her you’re serious… | 向她表明对于维持你们的婚姻 |
[48:18] | – …about maintaining the union. – No. | -你是认真的 -不 |
[48:20] | No. That’s not a move. That’s not who she is. | 不 那不是我的作风 她不是那样的人 |
[48:23] | It’s a six-figure ring, son. | 这是一枚价值六位数的戒指 儿子 |
[48:25] | It’s who they all are. | 所有人都是这样的人 |
[48:27] | What time does your thing start? | 你的事什么时候开始 |
[48:29] | – Stuckey Brown told me… – Stuckey Brown. | -斯塔基·布朗告诉我 -斯塔基·布朗 |
[48:30] | …he once had a woman upstairs in his bed… | 有一次 有一个女人在他楼上的床上 |
[48:32] | 弗雷德·瑞斯 和总检察长谈了 坏消息 | |
[48:34] | …when he heard his wife walk in the front hall. | 当他听到他妻子走进前厅的时候 |
[48:37] | Uh, Dad, I need to, uh… | 爸 我得… |
[48:39] | So Stuckey called down to her, he said, “Elizabeth, | 所以斯塔基下楼叫住她 说”伊丽莎白 |
[48:43] | if you don’t put one foot on the stairs, | 如果你不上楼 |
[48:46] | I’ll wire two million dollars to your account.” | 我就给你打200万美元” |
[48:49] | And what did she do? | 她怎么做了呢 |
[48:51] | She walked right back out the front door. | 她又从前门出去了 |
[48:53] | Take the ring. | 收下戒指 |
[48:55] | It’s a balm, it’s a way — | 这是个安抚剂 是… |
[49:00] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸 |
[49:02] | I appreciate the gesture. I do. But, uh… | 我很感激你的帮忙 真的 但是… |
[49:07] | And I’m sorry that I kept our situation from you. | 我很抱歉我向你隐瞒了我们的情况 |
[49:11] | I know it hurt your feelings. | 我知道那伤害了你 |
[49:13] | – No, I’m fine. – But I cannot accept the ring. | -没事的 -但我不能接受这个戒指 |
[49:18] | I cannot invade my trust in any way, | 不管是以什么方式 我都不能动用我的信托 |
[49:20] | in this life or the next. | 这辈子还有下辈子都不能 |
[49:22] | It would be…unethical. | 那是不道德的 |
[49:27] | You have to take it back. | 你得收回去 |
[49:28] | You’re talking like a man with a terminal disease. | 你这话像是你是个得了晚期绝症的人 |
[49:31] | Have a good time at the show. | 玩得愉快 |
[49:33] | You make sure that he gets to his car. | 你送他上车 |
[49:41] | Yeah, talk to me, Fred. | 说吧 弗雷德 |
[49:43] | I underestimated this, Chuck. | 我低估了这件事 查克 |
[49:45] | The General is not looking for pelts. | 检察长并不只是吓唬你 |
[49:47] | She said that Kurt Williams would be a huge case | 她说无论谁接下来接替你的职位 |
[49:49] | for whoever takes over your office next. | 库尔特·威廉姆斯都是个大案子 |
[49:53] | Understood. | 知道了 |
[49:55] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[49:58] | I’m sorry I couldn’t do more. | 抱歉 只能帮你这么多 |
[50:15] | Sorry I had to skip the recital. | 抱歉我错过了独奏会 |
[50:18] | It’s been a balled-up kind of a day. | 真是乱七八糟的一天 |
[50:20] | You don’t have to apologize to me. | 你不用向我道歉 |
[50:23] | Just your daughter. | 只需要向你女儿道歉 |
[50:30] | I talked to Oliver Dake. | 我和奥利弗·戴克谈过了 |
[50:33] | I didn’t have to admit to anything too damaging. | 我不必承认任何会造成很大伤害的事情 |
[50:35] | But he’ll be on your recusal next, | 但是他接下来会调查你回避的事 |
[50:37] | and…he is not gonna stop. | 他不会停手的 |
[50:51] | You have that look. | 你露出那种表情了 |
[50:56] | That bad, huh? | 那么糟吗 |
[50:59] | I have this exercise I do with my clients called the 180. | 我和我的客户会一起做这个叫180的锻炼 |
[51:04] | When they’ve really lost the thread, | 当他们没有思路的时候 |
[51:06] | when they’re so fixated on a stock, | 当他们太关注股票的时候 |
[51:08] | they can’t see it’s a dumpster burning in front of them. | 他们看不到面前的垃圾桶着火了 |
[51:11] | Maybe they can cut their losses. | 也许他们能减少损失 |
[51:14] | But only a great few can go the opposite way, | 但只有一小部分人可以反其道而行 |
[51:17] | can pivot, | 可以扭转这件事 |
[51:19] | and see that it’s really a short. | 看出这只是短期的变化 |
[51:22] | You’re a prime candidate for it | 你现在非常适合做这个 |
[51:23] | because whatever… choices you’ve been making, | 因为无论你做了什么选择 |
[51:27] | they sure as hell aren’t working. | 显然都没起作用 |
[51:40] | One-eighty, Chuck. | 180 查克 |
[52:24] | One-eighty, Chuck. | 180 查克 |
[52:29] | What if we went after Spartan-Ives? | 如果我们调查斯巴坦-艾弗斯呢 |
[52:32] | That’s as big as it gets. | 一定会是个大案子 |
[52:42] | Ari Spyros. | 阿里·斯派罗 |
[52:43] | There’s something I need you to do for me. | 我需要你帮我做件事 |
[52:48] | Kornbluth. | 科恩布鲁斯 |
[52:48] | I want to go on record to say that the SEC | 我想声明 证交会 |
[52:51] | has no plans to investigate Spartan-Ives | 并没有调查斯巴坦-艾弗斯 |
[52:53] | or Lawrence Boyd. | 或是劳伦斯·博伊德的计划 |
[52:56] | I cannot speak for the United States Attorney. | 但我不能代表美国联邦检察官 |
[52:59] | No, I will not confirm that. | 不 我不会确认这个消息的 |
[53:01] | Do you deny there’s an active investigation of Lawrence Boyd? | 你否认你们正在调查劳伦斯·博伊德吗 |
[53:04] | If my office undertook such a radical endeavor | 如果我的办公室激进地调查 |
[53:07] | against a bedrock company that has been such a friend | 一家一直是政府的朋友的主力公司 |
[53:09] | to the administration, we would only do so | 我们只可能是在 |
[53:12] | with the full support of the Attorney General’s Office. | 检察长办公室的全力支持下这么做 |
[53:15] | But, no, I cannot confirm that. | 但是 不 我不能确认这个消息 |
[53:19] | So you have no comment on the investigation? | 所以你对这次调查不做任何表态吗 |
[53:48] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[53:50] | If I fire you now, | 如果我现在解雇你 |
[53:51] | it’ll look like the administration is protecting Boyd, | 会让政府看起来在保护博伊德 |
[53:54] | obstructing justice. | 妨碍司法公正 |
[53:56] | They might even investigate you for that, General. | 他们甚至可能因此而调查你 检察长 |
[53:59] | You think you’re a bold player? | 你觉得你是个大胆的玩家 |
[54:01] | Going after Spartan-Ives is asinine. | 调查斯巴坦-艾弗斯是很愚蠢的 |
[54:03] | A man facing a firing squad has only two choices — | 一个人面对行刑队只有两个选择 |
[54:05] | accept it or push against his restraints. | 接受或反抗 |
[54:08] | And I don’t accept anything. | 我什么都不接受 |
[54:10] | You were facing hard labor. | 你面临的是个苦差事 |
[54:13] | Now you’re in the firing line, | 现在你在前线 |
[54:14] | and you pulled me right there with you. | 你把我也拉了过去 |
[54:16] | Not so. | 不是这样的 |
[54:18] | Oh, if I win, Boyd goes down, | 如果我赢了 扳倒博伊德 |
[54:20] | and we celebrate on the podium together. | 我们可以一起在领奖台上庆祝 |
[54:23] | If I lose, the failure is all mine. | 如果我输了 后果由我承担 |
[54:26] | “If Boyd goes down.” | “如果扳倒了博伊德” |
[54:28] | You really think it’s that easy? | 你真的以为有那么简单吗 |
[54:29] | There’s a reason no one’s done this. | 没有人这么做是有原因的 |
[54:33] | So go ahead and swing your hatchet at the case. | 所以你尽管去做吧 |
[54:36] | I’ll just fire you in a few months | 我几个月后再解雇你 |
[54:38] | after the searchlights pass. | 等这件事过去了 |
[54:40] | All you’ve bought is time. | 你争取到的只有时间 |
[55:01] | I got news last night I never wanted to get — | 昨晚我得到了一个我并不想得到的消息 |
[55:03] | Chuck Rhoades, coming at me. | 查克·罗兹 盯上我了 |
[55:06] | I have lived my life as an exemplar of rectitude | 我这辈子都力当正直的典范 |
[55:09] | so as to never have to deal with this kind of thing. | 就是为了不用处理这样的事 |
[55:11] | Still…he comes. | 依然 他还是盯上了我 |
[55:15] | You did what I’m about to. | 你原来怎么对付他的 我就怎么对付他 |
[55:17] | You squared off with him, walked away unmarked. | 你和他摆好架势 还能全身而退 |
[55:19] | I need your playbook, | 我需要你对付他的办法 |
[55:21] | I need to know how to beat him. | 我得知道怎样打败他 |
[55:24] | Will you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[55:26] | I don’t remember your reassuring hand on my shoulder | 我不记得当初在我有麻烦的时候 |
[55:29] | when it was my time of trouble. | 你有伸出援助之手 |
[55:33] | What I do remember is you, | 但我记得的是 |
[55:36] | the exemplar of Wall Street rectitude, | 华尔街的正直典范 |
[55:38] | steering clear and making damn certain | 避而远之 确保 |
[55:40] | that my stink didn’t waft anywhere near you, | 我的臭味没有飘到你那里 |
[55:43] | lest it stick. | 以免被黏上 |
[55:47] | Now, before I decide, answer this. | 现在 在我做出决定之前 回答我 |
[55:52] | Are you a bastard? | 你是个混蛋吗 |
[55:55] | Because for you to have a chance against Rhoades, | 因为对于你来说 如果你想有机会打败罗兹 |
[55:58] | you need to be. | 你就得成为一个混蛋 |
[56:00] | Even though there will be lawyers, | 尽管有律师 |
[56:03] | there are no fucking rules — not if you want to win. | 并没有什么他妈的规则 如果你想赢的话 |
[56:07] | You will have to crawl through a river of shit | 你得爬过肮脏的河道 |
[56:11] | and risk bleeding out a hundred yards short of victory. | 冒着离成功一部之遥却血流而尽的风险 |
[56:15] | You have to be prepared to do things | 你得做好准备做这些事 |
[56:16] | that are entirely outside the bounds of conventional morality. | 这些完全不符合传统道德的事 |
[56:24] | What do you imagine I had to do | 你觉得我是怎么当上 |
[56:26] | to get to the top of Spartan-Ives? | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的老大的 |