时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | The key to bagging Axe is Dollar Bill Stearn. | 拿下埃克斯的关键就是美元比尔·斯特恩 |
[00:12] | Bill Stearn bribed the Pepsum researcher | 比尔·斯特恩贿赂派普森研究员 |
[00:14] | for proprietary information for a drug called Vaccarizine. | 得到了关于一个种药物维凯欣专有资料 |
[00:17] | I wanna put him on the rack | 我要把他绑在刑架上 |
[00:18] | and stretch him until he gives us Axe. | 拉扯他的四肢 直到他把埃克斯的事都交代了 |
[00:21] | The good news is this… when you get out of there, | 好消息是 你从那里离开的时候 |
[00:23] | you’re starting at $1.4, easy. | 很轻松就可以拿到140万年薪 |
[00:25] | Better news… I’ll hire you. | 更好的消息是 我要雇用你 |
[00:27] | I’m staying. | 我不会去的 |
[00:28] | Still, Wendy’s | 还有 温蒂 |
[00:29] | making things difficult for you. | 始终都在给你添麻烦 |
[00:30] | Why is she still working there? | 她为什么还在那工作 |
[00:32] | We started to discuss it. | 我们开始讨论这件事了 |
[00:34] | I’ve been working there since before we were married | 我从没结婚的时候就开始在那里工作 |
[00:35] | and long before you were in office. | 那时候你也没做检察官 |
[00:37] | Your value to the firm is absolute. | 你对公司来说是无价之宝 |
[00:39] | Stick with me. | 别离开我 |
[00:42] | I don’t wanna be out of line, | 我并不想僭越 |
[00:44] | but you might wanna consider recusing from this case. | 但是你可能考虑下从这件案子中退出 |
[00:45] | The conflict of interest… it’s gonna be an issue. | 其中的利益冲突 最终会成为一个大问题 |
[00:48] | So what’s the minimum investment | 所以对家人和朋友的 |
[00:49] | for family and friends? | 最少投资是多少 |
[00:50] | I promised I wouldn’t take any money away from Axe. | 我答应你我不会从埃克斯拿走一分钱 |
[00:53] | What if he never finds out? | 如果他发现不了呢 |
[00:54] | If they bring an action, | 如果他们起诉 |
[00:56] | the whole strategy becomes about leveraging a settlement. | 整体策略就变成促成和解 |
[00:58] | I’d never settle. | 我从不和解 |
[00:59] | William Stearn, you are under arrest… | 威廉姆·斯特恩 你因内幕交易和证券欺诈 |
[01:00] | Lawyer. | 律师 |
[01:01] | …for insider trading and securities fraud. | 现在逮捕你 |
[01:03] | – Lawyer. – You have the right… | – 律师 – 你有权 |
[01:04] | – Lawyer. – …to remain silent. | – 律师 – 保持沉默 |
[01:36] | Go on ahead. Right through there. | 直走 穿过去 |
[01:59] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[02:08] | You came. | 你来了 |
[02:09] | Did I have a choice? | 我有别的选择吗 |
[02:11] | You always have a choice. | 你永远都有选择 |
[02:30] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[02:57] | It’s been a weird couple of days. | 最近这几天很奇怪 |
[03:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:27] | Did you strike a blow for justice today, Mr. Rhoades? | 罗德斯先生 你今天又伸张正义了吗 |
[03:30] | I do believe we did. | 我相信我们伸张正义了 |
[03:31] | You organized this | 你策划了这件事 |
[03:32] | and then made sure I wasn’t there when it happened. | 还确保事情发生的时候我不在 |
[03:34] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[03:35] | Did you consider for a second what that was gonna do to me? | 你有没有考虑过 这对于我来说有什么影响 |
[03:38] | Should I go? | 需要我回避一下吗 |
[03:39] | – Yes! – Yes. | – 是的 – 是的 |
[03:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:43] | My name, my absence when it happened | 我的名字 事情发生的时候我不在现场 |
[03:45] | puts me under suspicion there forever. | 这些都足以让他们永远怀疑我 |
[03:47] | What should I have done? | 那我应该怎么做呢 |
[03:48] | Told you | 提前通知你 |
[03:49] | so that you could be there for an arrest? | 这样进行抓捕的时候你可以在现场 |
[03:52] | And if you had been there, you’d be even more pissed off. | 如果你当时在现场 你肯定更生气 |
[03:55] | You don’t think so, but I know it. | 你不这么认为 但是我知道 |
[03:57] | At least then they wouldn’t think | 至少那样他们不会认为 |
[03:57] | I knew it was coming. | 我早就知道会发生这种事 |
[03:58] | Oh, they all know it was coming. | 他们全都知道会发生这种事 |
[04:00] | It’s Judgment Day. | 审判日到了 |
[04:04] | My office is taking an action, and there’s nothing | 我的办公室正在准备起诉 你或者任何人 |
[04:07] | that you or anybody there can do about it. | 对此都无能为力 |
[04:09] | And when that action is finished, it will be the end. | 我们的诉讼结束 一切就结束了 |
[04:11] | There will be nothing left. | 一无所留 |
[04:14] | So what they think of you, | 他们不论怎样认为 |
[04:15] | you can see how that might not matter so much. | 你能看出来 这已经不重要了 |
[04:17] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[04:19] | You’re beautiful and talented, | 你既漂亮又聪明 |
[04:21] | and I’m sure you’ll land on your feet. | 我相信你会东山再起的 |
[04:23] | Fuck you. | 你去死吧 |
[04:27] | Get Emi Kenyon back in here! | 让艾米·凯米恩进来吧 |
[04:43] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:07] | Yesterday, this company came under attack | 昨天 这间公司遭遇了对手 |
[05:11] | by an unscrupulous adversary | 肆无忌惮的攻击 |
[05:14] | who will stop at nothing | 他们毫无顾忌地 |
[05:16] | to abuse the authority of the state, | 滥用国家权力 |
[05:18] | take away our freedoms, | 剥夺了我们的自由 |
[05:20] | and close our doors forever. | 想让我们永远停业 |
[05:22] | And it left us all | 这件事让我们所有人 |
[05:24] | wondering one thing… | 思考一个问题 |
[05:26] | What happens next? | 接下来会发生什么 |
[05:33] | Dollar Bill Stearn. | 美元比尔·斯特恩 |
[05:37] | Stingiest multimillionaire on the planet. | 世界上最小气的千万富翁 |
[05:41] | Better get ready to pay full price. | 最好已经准备好付出代价了 |
[05:47] | Insider trading, securities fraud, | 内幕交易 证券欺诈 |
[05:49] | conspiracy, wire fraud. What are we up to? | 同谋 通信欺诈 这会有什么结果呢 |
[05:52] | Uh, 12-year prison term. | 十二年有期徒刑 |
[05:55] | $9 million fine, | 九百万罚款 |
[05:56] | plus civil when it moves to SEC. | 到了证券交易委员会还要交民事赔偿 |
[05:58] | Jesus, that’s pricey, and that’s just the beginning. | 天啊?真贵啊 不过这只是一个开始 |
[06:02] | They came for Dollar Bill yesterday, | 他们昨天是冲着美元比尔来的 |
[06:04] | but it was an attack on all of us. | 但却是在攻击我们每个人 |
[06:07] | – Right. Right. – Yeah. | – 没错 – 没错 |
[06:08] | – That’s right. – Yeah. | – 没错 – 没错 |
[06:09] | And I feel it. Do you? | 我感觉到了 你们呢 |
[06:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:12] | Any one of us could be next. | 下一个 可能是我们中间的任何一位 |
[06:14] | We’re with you, Bobby! | 我们和你同在 博比 |
[06:15] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[06:21] | Do you think this makes me happy, Bill? | 你觉得这件事会让我开心吗 |
[06:23] | You don’t need to answer that. | 你不需要回答这个问题 |
[06:25] | – You happy, Bryan? – Yeah, I’m… | – 布莱恩 你开心吗 – 我 |
[06:26] | Right? | 是吧 |
[06:27] | It doesn’t feel right. It doesn’t feel fair. | 感觉不对 不公平 |
[06:29] | Why you? Why are you sitting in that chair… | 为什么是你 为什么是你坐在这个椅子上 |
[06:34] | and not somebody else? | 而不是别人呢 |
[06:35] | Today… | 如今 |
[06:38] | we are standing at the precipice. | 我们站在悬崖边上 |
[06:41] | Today is one day after. | 事情过去一天了 |
[06:43] | You have one chance to avoid a cell. | 你有机会免受牢狱之灾 |
[06:48] | Give me Axelrod. | 供出埃克斯·罗德的事 |
[06:52] | The day after Pearl Harbor, | 珍珠港事件之后的那天 |
[06:55] | everybody knew a Japanese invasion would be coming. | 大家都知道日军会侵略 |
[06:57] | Air raid wardens. Anti-aircraft artillery. | 空袭督导员上任 高射炮架起来了 |
[07:00] | Cities blacked out. | 全城停电 |
[07:02] | Mothers and fathers staying by the door | 爸爸妈妈都拿着棒球棒 |
[07:04] | with baseball bats and kitchen knives, | 和厨房的刀站在门口 |
[07:08] | bellies full of fear of the invading hordes. | 胸中填满了对侵略者的愤怒 |
[07:12] | I know what he means to you. | 我知道他对于你来说意义非凡 |
[07:14] | I know you’re a loyal man, and I admire that. | 我知道你很忠诚 我很欣赏你这点 |
[07:18] | But this is what you know. | 但是你还要知道 |
[07:22] | You know he’s crooked, and you know he’s going down. | 他就是个骗子 他这次逃不掉的 |
[07:26] | But everyone was wrong. | 但是大家都错了 |
[07:28] | What happened on American soil next? | 第二天美国的这片土地发生了什么 |
[07:31] | Nothing. | 什么都没发生 |
[07:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[07:34] | The invasion never came. | 侵略从未到来 |
[07:36] | Turned out Pearl Harbor was the best | 事实证明 这群无能鼠辈 |
[07:37] | those sneak attacking motherfuckers had. | 最大的能耐就是偷袭珍珠港 |
[07:41] | I have the men. I have the tools. | 我找到证人 手里有证据 |
[07:44] | I have the will. | 而且我有决心 |
[07:47] | Now if it’s not you, it’ll be someone else. | 即使没有你 也会有别人 |
[07:49] | I’ll go through your shop, one PM at a time, | 我会仔细的查你们公司 一次查一个经纪人 |
[07:52] | pick up every piece of rotten fruit | 找到每个有问题的经纪人 |
[07:54] | and squeeze until the juice comes out. | 让他们生不如死直到说出所有 |
[07:56] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[07:59] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[08:01] | So you can cooperate | 你合作的话 |
[08:02] | and walk out of here free, | 你就可以做一个自由人 从这出去 |
[08:04] | or you can go to jail for no good reason. | 否则的话 你就糊里糊涂进监狱了 |
[08:09] | You have one chance to make this deal. | 你只有一次机会和我们达成协定 |
[08:12] | A deal won’t be on the table tomorrow. | 明天就没这个机会了 |
[08:14] | What came next was a war | 接下来就是 |
[08:18] | that unleashed the might of America. | 一场战争 释放了美国的力量 |
[08:21] | What came next was a victory that left us | 接下来就是一场胜利 |
[08:24] | as the most powerful nation on Earth. | 让我们成为全世界最强大的国家 |
[08:26] | Fuck, yeah! | 没错 |
[08:33] | No deal. | 不做交易 |
[08:36] | This company… | 这间公司 |
[08:39] | This company will not wait for an uncertain future. | 这间公司不会等待一个不确定的未来 |
[08:43] | We will make our own future! | 我们要创造自己的未来 |
[08:46] | We will fight back hard. | 我们要全力反击 |
[08:49] | We will mobilize the war machine. | 我们要启动战斗模式 |
[08:51] | And those who would try to bring down our house | 那些想摧毁我们家园的人 |
[08:53] | will see their own houses fall! | 会看到自己的家园毁灭 |
[09:10] | The case against my client is entirely without merit. | 起诉我委托人的这起案子完全没有法律依据 |
[09:16] | Bill Stearn bribed a company official | 比尔·斯特恩为了得到重要的内部消息 |
[09:21] | in exchange for material inside information. | 贿赂了某公司的官员 |
[09:24] | It does not get any clearer. | 这已经非常明显了 |
[09:27] | He became friends with a farmer working at a company he covers. | 他和他管理的一间公司的一个农民做朋友 |
[09:31] | He was so moved by the plight of that man’s daughter | 他因为朋友女儿的痛苦感同身受 |
[09:35] | that he arranged transportation and medical care for her. | 为她安排了医疗护理和交通事宜 |
[09:38] | Now if you can convince a jury of citizens | 如果你们能说服陪审团 |
[09:41] | that paying to save the life of a sick child | 证明花钱救治一个生病的孩子 |
[09:44] | constitutes an illegal benefit, | 构成了非法获利 |
[09:47] | then you should go ahead and take us to trial. | 那我们就庭审的时候见了 |
[09:52] | My client has no interest in cooperation, | 我的委托人不想和你们做交易 |
[09:54] | no interest in a plea… | 也不想认罪 |
[10:02] | And he does not recognize your authority. | 而且他不认同你们的权力 |
[10:08] | What the fuck does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:14] | Liquidate 2% of the fund immediately. | 立刻把我们百分之二的基金兑现 |
[10:17] | That’s our war chest. | 那是我们的战争基金 |
[10:19] | $300 million. Nice rack. Legal defense is paid for. | 三亿美金 顶级装备 有钱辩护了 |
[10:22] | How many billions are out the door | 第一次赎回的钱 |
[10:23] | at the first redemption? | 还有多少没到账 |
[10:25] | You should gate the whole damn fund | 你得守住整个基金 |
[10:27] | before they start a run on… | 免得他们开始查 |
[10:41] | We’re fucked. | 我们被人玩了 |
[10:43] | That’s not the impression you gave out there. | 你在外面表现出来的可不是这个意思 |
[10:46] | Pretty tough talk. | 演讲很有力度啊 |
[10:47] | You think I’m overreacting? | 你觉得我反应过激 |
[10:49] | I think… open war isn’t good. | 我觉得公开宣战不明智 |
[10:52] | For who? | 对谁来说 |
[10:53] | For anyone. | 对所有人 |
[10:59] | I think your whole mentality right now is a mistake. | 我觉得你现在的心态很有问题 |
[11:03] | You’re not accepting | 你不能接受 |
[11:04] | that certain things are out of your control. | 有些事情不受你的控制 |
[11:05] | Damn right I’m not. | 我确实接受不了 |
[11:07] | And it’s causing you to lose more control. | 这样你就更失控了 |
[11:10] | If you wanna get it back, | 如果你真的想拿回一切 |
[11:11] | if you really wanna survive this thing, | 如果你真的想渡过难关 |
[11:12] | then you may need to set aside the piece of you that’s… | 那你可能得把你自己的怒火 |
[11:15] | raging, and do something | 放在一旁 做一些 |
[11:18] | that makes you a little uncomfortable. | 可能让自己不舒服的事情 |
[11:27] | He’s not gonna flip? | 他不会松口 |
[11:28] | No, he will, | 不 他会松口的 |
[11:29] | because you’re gonna make it happen. All of you. | 因为你会让他松口 你们所有人 |
[11:32] | Everything you have on him, | 你们手里和他有关的所有东西 |
[11:34] | get underneath it. | 都要深度挖掘 |
[11:35] | Not the what… the why. | 不仅仅知道他做了什么 更要知道原因 |
[11:37] | What motivates him. Fears. Goals. | 他的动机是什么 担心什么 有什么目标 |
[11:40] | Scars. | 有什么痛处 |
[11:41] | He has a weak point, | 他一定有弱点 |
[11:42] | and we need to twist a knife in it. | 我们就要在他的弱点上捅一刀 |
[11:45] | Is there something else? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[11:47] | We know how Axelrod’s operation works. | 我们知道埃克斯罗德的运作方式了 |
[11:49] | He keeps himself insulated. | 他让自己保持绝缘 |
[11:51] | Is there a point you’re trying to make? | 你想说什么 |
[11:52] | Some random PM at Axe Cap isn’t gonna have the goods. | 抽查埃克斯资本的经纪人没什么用 |
[11:54] | We need inner circle. | 我们需要内部人员 |
[11:55] | Bill Stearn is our best shot. | 比尔·斯特恩是我们最好的机会了 |
[11:57] | Is this something you think I don’t understand? | 你以为我不清楚这些吗 |
[11:59] | Hey, I just don’t want Axe to walk away | 嘿 我只是不想让埃克斯和伯奇一样 |
[12:01] | with a fine and a family office like Birch. | 交点罚金 变成家庭办公室就了事了 |
[12:03] | Is that what you think I’m doing? No. | 你以为这就是我的计划吗 不 |
[12:08] | Axe is no ordinary billionaire. | 埃克斯不是一般的亿万富翁 |
[12:10] | He’s not Steven fucking Birch. | 他不是该死的斯蒂芬•伯奇 |
[12:12] | He’s an icon of the wealth of our age, | 他是我们这个时代财富的象征 |
[12:15] | and he is a fraud. | 同时也是个骗子 |
[12:18] | So when he falls, he’s gonna hit the ground hard. | 所以当他栽了的时候 一定让他损失惨重 |
[12:21] | Skilling got 14 years for Enron. I’m gonna beat that. | 安然破产斯基林被判十四年 我就是要这样收拾他 |
[12:24] | I just wanna take this one to trial, let the jury decide. | 我只想让他能上法庭 其他的让陪审团来决定 |
[12:27] | We’re gonna put him in a cell, and everyone is gonna see… | 我们把他送进牢房 让每个人都看到 |
[12:30] | in Washington, in the fucking press… | 从华盛顿到他妈的媒体 |
[12:33] | there’s no better defender of the public trust | 这个办公室是公众利益的 |
[12:35] | than this office. | 最佳守护者 |
[12:37] | They’ll say Chuck Rhoades did that, | 他们会说查克·罗德斯做到了 |
[12:39] | and no one is out of his reach. | 没有人是他动不了的 |
[12:41] | You’re damn skippy they will. | 你他妈的说对了 他们的确会这么说 |
[12:59] | Lara. | 拉拉 |
[13:00] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该在这儿 |
[13:01] | Come in quickly. I think they’re watching the house. | 快进来 我觉得他们派人在监视这间屋子 |
[13:09] | They went through everything. | 他们检查了所有东西 |
[13:11] | They broke Bill’s home office… the door, in half. | 他们闯进了比尔的办公室…门 被劈成两半 |
[13:14] | And I was getting the key. Look at this. | 我当时正在找钥匙 看看这些 |
[13:16] | All our accounts are frozen. | 我们所有的账户都被冻结 |
[13:18] | They didn’t even wipe their feet. | 他们的鞋底甚至都没有蹭干净 |
[13:20] | Sandy, stay strong, okay? | 仙蒂 一定要坚强 好吗 |
[13:23] | It’s a difficult time for everyone. | 对每个人来说这都是段艰难的时期 |
[13:27] | You brought muffins? | 你还给我送松饼 |
[13:45] | This is your mortgage, property tax, | 这是你的抵押贷款 房产税 |
[13:46] | insurance, school tuition, and that’s for your foundation. | 保险费 学费 这是给你平时用的 |
[13:49] | Everything is taken care of, for as long as this lasts. | 我们会处理好一切 直到事情结束 |
[13:53] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 太谢谢你了 |
[14:08] | Here. | 这儿 |
[14:09] | Want a taste? | 来一杯尝尝吗 |
[14:12] | It’s like whiskey dipped in milk chocolate. | 就像威士忌加了牛奶巧克力 |
[14:15] | Are we celebrating something? | 我们是在庆祝什么吗 |
[14:17] | Mm-hmm. I want to apologize. | 我想要和你道歉 |
[14:22] | I was a big, puckered asshole yesterday. | 昨天我是个乱发脾气的大混蛋 |
[14:25] | I had no right to talk to you that way. | 我没有权利和你那样说话 |
[14:27] | I’ll drink to that. | 为你的道歉干杯 |
[14:41] | Oh, wow. | 哇哦 |
[14:43] | Right? | 是吧 |
[14:45] | Yeah, the Taiwanese do it better than the Scots these days. | 如今台湾人比苏格兰人更擅长这个 |
[14:51] | How would you talk to me? | 你打算怎么和我说 |
[14:53] | If you had a do-over. | 如果再来一次 |
[14:57] | What would you say? | 你会说什么 |
[14:59] | I don’t want to have this fight again. | 我不想再为这个争吵 |
[15:01] | Then let’s not fight. Let’s talk. | 那就不要吵 我们聊聊 |
[15:03] | No posturing. No bullshit. | 别故作姿态 也别废话 |
[15:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:08] | Right. | 好了 |
[15:11] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[15:12] | Why are you going after him so hard? Why Axe? | 为什么要步步紧逼 为什么是埃克斯 |
[15:16] | For the same reason my office does anything. | 和我办公室所做事情的原因一样 |
[15:19] | He broke the law. He cheated. | 他犯了法 他在欺诈 |
[15:21] | Then why you? | 为什么非要是你 |
[15:23] | How many cases are you this involved with personally? | 你有多少宗案件是涉及到个人的 |
[15:28] | I don’t know. Uh, four, five. | 不知道 四五个吧 |
[15:29] | Why does this have to be one of them? | 为什么这次就非要成为这些中的一件 |
[15:31] | Why don’t you recuse yourself? | 为什么你不自请回避 |
[15:34] | – Out of the question. – Why? | – 做不到 – 为什么 |
[15:35] | Because I owe it to my team. I owe it to the public. | 因为这是我欠我的团队的 是我欠公众的 |
[15:37] | It’s my responsibility to prosecute. | 起诉这种人是我的责任 |
[15:40] | It doesn’t have to be you. | 没必要一定是你 |
[15:43] | Give the case to Bryan Connerty alone, | 把这个案子交给布莱恩•康纳利独自处理 |
[15:44] | or the Eastern District. | 或者东区的人 |
[15:46] | This case? | 这个案子 |
[15:50] | SEC, Eastern, uh, State AG… | 证券委员会 东区 州检查官 |
[15:54] | they have been whispering about Axelrod for years, waiting. | 他们议论埃克斯罗德很多年了 一直在等 |
[15:58] | I’m the one that stood up. | 只有我站出来了 |
[15:59] | I’m the only one that did something. | 我是唯一采取行动的人 |
[16:01] | This is an action against me. | 这个行动也是在针对我 |
[16:04] | Do you understand? | 你还不明白吗 |
[16:05] | Do you? Because this is bigger than you. | 那你呢 这件事比你个人要重要 |
[16:09] | It’s bigger than me. | 也比我重要 |
[16:10] | He runs more money than the GDP of a European nation. | 他赚的钱比一个欧洲国家的GDP还要多 |
[16:13] | He’s untouchable, and I have him dead to rights. | 没人能动他 但是这次铁证如山 他跑不了 |
[16:17] | You may think you do, but you don’t. | 你认为你能做到 但事实上不是 |
[16:19] | Really? What makes you so sure? | 真的 为何你如此肯定 |
[16:22] | Because… | 因为… |
[16:24] | I have never seen him like this. | 我从来没见过他这个样子 |
[16:25] | He is digging trenches and laying wire, | 他在挖沟排线 |
[16:28] | and he will scorch the earth under our feet. | 然后他会让我们的脚下化为焦土 |
[16:30] | Tell me more about what he’s doing. | 和我说说他在做什么 |
[16:32] | I can’t go further. | 我不能继续说下去 |
[16:33] | And it’s wrong of you to push. I took an oath. | 你这样逼我是错的 我曾发过誓的 |
[16:36] | Me, too. And that’s why I can’t recuse myself. | 我也一样 这也是为什么我不能自请回避的原因 |
[16:40] | Yes, you can. | 不 你可以 |
[16:42] | You just won’t. | 你只是不想 |
[17:30] | We’ve gone down this road, | 现在我们已经采取行动 |
[17:32] | backwards and sideways. | 但是我们的调查却止步不前 |
[17:33] | Now we gotta do it on our hands and knees. | 现在我们要手脚并用的做事 |
[17:35] | That’s a fun image. | 那可真是个有趣的画面 |
[17:36] | I don’t even know what we’re looking for anymore. | 我甚至 不知道我们在找些什么 |
[17:37] | He’s gotta be hiding something. | 他一定隐藏了什么 |
[17:40] | I’ve never seen anybody so clean in his world. | 我从未见过这世界上有人是完全清白的 |
[17:43] | Ah, except for, you know, | 除了 你知道 |
[17:44] | the bribery and securities fraud. | 证券欺诈和受贿 |
[17:45] | Ah, he might not think it’s illegal. | 他可能不认为这是非法的 |
[17:47] | He might be right. The courts keep moving the goalposts. | 也许他是对的 法庭的规则总是变幻莫测 |
[17:50] | Yeah, I know what they tell themselves. | 没错 我知道他们是怎么告诉自己的 |
[17:51] | 索恩会议基金会旨在治疗帮助儿童癌症患者. 基金会号召华尔街成功的投资人贡献投资方法以募集资金 | |
[17:51] | I’ve been to those Sohn conferences, too. | 我也参加过那些什么索恩会议 |
[17:54] | “Capitalism is under siege.” | 资本主义四面楚歌 |
[17:57] | All those guys think if you can’t prove they did the murder, | 这些人都认为如果你不能证明他谋杀 |
[18:01] | then they’re not a killer. | 那么他就不是一个杀手 |
[18:02] | Don’t fucking kid yourself. | 别他妈骗自己 |
[18:05] | They’re only players ’cause they rigged the game. | 他们参加比赛是因为他们能操控比赛 |
[18:07] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:10] | Huh? | 诶 |
[18:14] | Hmm? That’s all I got. | 哦 我只会这么多 |
[18:18] | Greedy or cheap, it’s a fine line. | 贪婪或是小气 仅一线之隔 |
[18:20] | What are his greatest hits, Terri? | 他最常做什么 特里 |
[18:21] | Uh, reusing paper towels. | 重复利用的纸巾 |
[18:23] | $1 taco night at Acapulco’s. | 在阿卡普尔科花一块钱吃个玉米卷 |
[18:26] | No Benz, no Audi. | 没有奔驰 也没有奥迪 |
[18:28] | Just two identical Honda minivans. | 只是两个一样的本田小型货车 |
[18:31] | Who the fuck has two minivans? | 谁他妈会有两辆小型货车 |
[18:33] | One in beige, one in… boring. | 一个是米色 另一个… 无聊 |
[18:36] | Nobody. | 没人会这样 |
[18:39] | Nobody has two minivans. That’s it. | 没人会有两辆小型货车 就是它了 |
[18:42] | There’s something there, and we need to find out what. | 这一定有问题 我们要去查清楚是什么问题 |
[18:45] | We’re gonna bleed out. | 我们这次会损失惨重的 |
[18:49] | We’ll be a family office by the end of the year, | 今年年底我们公司就会变成家庭办公室 |
[18:51] | by SEC mandate or not. | 要么由SEC授权 要么不是 |
[18:52] | We need to take action. | 我们要采取行动 |
[18:53] | We need to cut through the chatter. | 我们不能再这样不停的抱怨 |
[18:55] | We need to get it out there… | 我们应该想办法 |
[18:56] | Rhoades has no case, | 罗德斯根本无法立案 |
[18:58] | he’ll be laughed out of court. | 会成为法庭上的笑柄的 |
[18:58] | You know that doesn’t matter. | 你知道这不重要 |
[19:00] | The smoke is enough to choke you. | 放出的烟幕足以让你窒息 |
[19:02] | There doesn’t need to be a fire. | 不能让它变成熊熊烈火 |
[19:03] | I don’t accept that. | 我不能接受这样的结果 |
[19:04] | Why not embrace this? | 为什么不接受 |
[19:07] | We’ll be a killer family office. | 我们会成为最棒的家庭办公室 |
[19:09] | We can downsize the staff. | 我们可以裁员 |
[19:11] | I can’t stand half the people here anyway. | 反正这里有一半人的人都让我受不了 |
[19:13] | Never. I need outside capital. | 绝不 我需要外部资本 |
[19:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:20] | You have billions in assets to invest | 即使没有一分钱的外部资金 |
[19:22] | without a penny of outside money, | 你有几十亿的资产去投资 |
[19:24] | and no one to answer to. | 也不用向任何人解释 |
[19:26] | I’ll be dead to the world. | 那样我和死了有什么分别 |
[19:28] | I’ll be called a cheat. Humiliated. | 那时别人觉得我是骗子 多丢脸 |
[19:30] | Another rich dick playing the market with his own money. | 又一个用自己的钱玩弄市场的有钱混蛋 |
[19:33] | But you’ll be the biggest dick. And it’s so much money. | 但是你是那个最大的混蛋 而且已经这么多钱了 |
[19:36] | Wags… | 瓦格斯… |
[19:40] | What we need is a public endorsement, | 我们现在需要的是公众的支持 |
[19:42] | from the prime brokers… | 比如一些一级经纪人… |
[19:43] | D-Bank, Citi, JP. | D银行 花旗银行 摩根大通 |
[19:45] | All of them? | 他们全部 |
[19:46] | No. There’s only one that matters… | 不 唯一关键的就是 |
[19:49] | Spartan-Ives. | 斯巴达-艾维斯 |
[19:52] | What would you want Lawrence Boyd to say? | 你想要劳伦斯·博伊德说什么 |
[19:55] | That he believes Axe Capital to be a reputable company, | 他相信埃克斯资本是个有信誉的公司 |
[19:58] | and we’re gonna continue to do business together. | 我们会继续保持生意上的合作 |
[20:00] | Yeah, that’s never gonna happen. | 那是永远不会发生的 |
[20:03] | Make it happen. | 那就让它成为现实 |
[20:09] | What about a dog whistle? | 狗仔队的小道消息怎么样 |
[20:12] | They’re seen together, photographed, | 你们在一起时被发现了 被拍下来 |
[20:14] | Boyd’s arm around you at the Met. | 在大都会博物馆博伊德和你亲切相拥 |
[20:16] | No, not fancy. | 不 不要太夸张 |
[20:17] | A game, at the Stadium | 看场比赛 在体育场 |
[20:19] | or at his box at Barclays. | 或者再巴克莱斯他的包厢里 |
[20:22] | Boyd’s touch is the healing waters of Lourdes. | 博伊德的帮助就像卢尔德的圣水一样 |
[20:25] | Cleaner than a maiden’s honor. | 比处女的名声听起来还要纯洁 |
[20:27] | Get me in those waters. | 把我要的水弄来 |
[20:28] | Both minivans registered to Bill Stearn | 这两个小型货车都注册在比尔·斯特恩的名下 |
[20:31] | under the same group insurance policy. | 同样的保单 |
[20:33] | But one of ’em… | 但是其中一辆 |
[20:34] | EZ Pass records track it all over New Jersey, | 电子收费系统跟踪记录到它去过新泽西的各个地方 |
[20:35] | never Connecticut. | 除了康涅狄格州 |
[20:37] | Speeding ticket from 2013 led to the Saddle River address. | 从2013年的超速罚单中发现了他在鞍河的地址 |
[20:39] | You went there? This is for real? | 你去过那了 这是真的 |
[20:43] | We’ve fucking got him. | 这次他跑不了了 |
[20:54] | 601 Tanbark Trail. | 坦马克街 601号 |
[20:57] | That supposed to mean something? | 这意味着什么 |
[20:59] | How many days a week do you stay over there? | 你一周要在那里呆多久 |
[21:01] | I’m guessing 3.5. He’s very meticulous. | 我猜大约三天半 他考虑的非常仔细 |
[21:04] | I try to be fair. | 我尽量保持公平 |
[21:06] | He tell you? | 他告诉你了吗 |
[21:07] | Bill Stearn has a second family. | 比尔·斯特恩还有一个家庭 |
[21:09] | Two kids with a mistress in Saddle River, New Jersey. | 一个情妇带着两个孩子住在新泽西的鞍河 |
[21:11] | He’s a family man. | 他可是个有家室的人 |
[21:13] | I wanna know how the hell you have the time | 我想知道你是怎么有时间 |
[21:15] | to bribe farmers, manipulate the market, | 去贿赂农民 操纵市场 |
[21:17] | and coach two travel baseball teams? | 还能训练两个棒球队的 |
[21:19] | Timmy’s in the spring, Carson’s in the fall. | 提姆在春天训练 卡森在秋天 |
[21:21] | I try to be fair. | 我努力保持公平 |
[21:23] | I want to know, how would Sandy react if she heard this? | 我想知道 仙蒂听到这些会作何反应 |
[21:28] | She must be very fragile these days since your arrest. | 自从你被逮捕后她一定很脆弱 |
[21:36] | Getting the photo stream in her in-box… | 把这些照片发到她的邮箱 |
[21:39] | all those happy pictures of you and Carson and Anna… | 所有你与卡森和安娜的幸福照片… |
[21:44] | with a woman ten years younger than her… | 还有一个比她年轻十岁的女人 |
[21:48] | Well, that might just break her. | 好吧 这可能会让她崩溃的 |
[21:58] | I knew you’d come with that. | 我早就料到你会来这套 |
[22:02] | I wrote a letter to my wife, the whole story. | 我给我妻子写了一封信 告诉她一切 |
[22:10] | I just sent it. | 刚刚发过去 |
[22:15] | You just blew up your family… | 你就这样为了博比·埃克斯罗德… |
[22:20] | for Bobby Axelrod? | 毁了你的家庭 |
[22:22] | I’m Keyser Soze, motherfucker. | 我是凯撒·苏尔 混蛋 |
[22:36] | Worst part of these sessions. | 这种会议最难受的地方 |
[22:38] | I’ve got a small bladder. | 我总要上厕所 |
[22:42] | What is it with these guys? | 这些家伙都怎么了 |
[22:44] | What… what is it about | 到底…到底是出于 |
[22:45] | the cult of Bobby Axelrod | 对博比·埃克斯罗德怎样的崇拜 |
[22:47] | that makes them wanna immolate themselves? | 让他们不惜牺牲自己 |
[22:50] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会理解的 |
[22:52] | You’re a lawyer. Persuade me. | 你是个律师 给我讲讲 |
[22:55] | You’re at the mercy of politics. | 你们都被政治所支配 |
[22:57] | Loyalty is a convenience. | 忠诚不过是种便利 |
[22:59] | People turn on each other every election cycle. | 每次竞选周期时 大家都针锋相对 |
[23:02] | You do your three or five or ten years here, | 你在这里干个三年五年或者十年的 |
[23:05] | then you flip to our side, cash seven figures | 然后把阵营转到我们这边 |
[23:08] | from the same big funds you’re trying to bring down. | 从你正试图扳倒的基金会里赚个七位数 |
[23:11] | For true believers like you, | 对于像你这般忠实信徒而言 |
[23:13] | it’s the worst ’cause you never see it coming. | 这是最糟糕的 因为你根本就无法察觉出来 |
[23:18] | That’s the problem with being a cynic. It blinds you. | 这就是愤青的毛病所在 它蒙蔽了你 |
[23:21] | You think everybody’s as cynical as you. | 你以为所有人都和你一样愤世嫉俗 |
[23:23] | Axe’s guys, they’re in it for life. | 埃克斯的员工 他们干这行是为了生存 |
[23:27] | Bill Stearn couldn’t walk down the street | 比尔·斯特恩要是出卖了朋友 |
[23:29] | if he sold out his friends. | 就不能再走这条路了 |
[23:30] | Guys who talk in their world | 他们圈子里的人要是开了口 |
[23:33] | may avoid a few years in a cell, | 也许是可以免去几年的牢狱之灾 |
[23:35] | but they’re dead forever. | 但他们永远都不能再待在这个圈子里 |
[23:39] | See you soon, I guess… | 估计要在查克 |
[23:41] | when Chuck comes at Axe with some lame fine, | 罚埃克斯款的时候再见面了 |
[23:44] | because obviously you’ve got nothing. | 因为很明显你们什么都没查到 |
[23:50] | No, not this time. | 这次不会的 |
[23:52] | Not Axe. | 埃克斯可没这么走运 |
[23:53] | This is personal for Chuck. | 对查克而言这是私人恩怨 |
[23:55] | The whole city puts your boy on a pedestal. | 整个城的人都把你的客户奉若神明 |
[23:57] | But he doesn’t… he doesn’t make anything. | 不过他… 他什么成就也没有 |
[23:59] | He doesn’t do anything. | 他什么也没做过 |
[24:00] | He’s nothing but a filthy money pig. | 他不过就是个臭猪 只知道围着钱转 |
[24:04] | And I can see why he’d wanna make a deal, | 我知道他为什么想做交易 |
[24:05] | because he knows we’re coming, | 因为他知道我们来了 |
[24:08] | and we will follow him till the end of the fucking Earth | 我们会追逐他直至世界尽头 |
[24:10] | until he’s walking in shackles. | 直至将他绳之于法 |
[24:13] | You know you just work here, right? | 你知道你不过是在这里工作而已 对吧 |
[24:23] | – Lara, hi. – Hi. | – 拉拉 嗨 – 嗨 |
[24:25] | How is everything? | 一切都好吧 |
[24:27] | – Great. – Good. | – 一切顺利 – 那就好 |
[24:29] | Yeah, you know, we should get the kids together this Saturday. | 这周末我们应该让孩子们聚一聚 |
[24:30] | Sure, at the Bancroft twins’ party. | 好啊 就在班克罗夫特家双胞胎的聚会上吧 |
[24:33] | Right. Party. | 对了 聚会 |
[24:35] | In Montauk. | 在蒙托克 |
[24:36] | Yes, of course. I forgot it was this weekend. | 当然了 我都忘了是这个周末了 |
[24:39] | – Right. – I’ll see you there. | – 原来如此 – 到时候见 |
[24:40] | All right, I’ll see you there. | 好的 到时候见 |
[24:49] | Hey, take it easy! | 你慢点 |
[24:51] | You’re at 120 feet per minute. | 你现在可是一分钟120英尺 |
[24:53] | You’re gonna blow an Achilles! | 你会伤着脚踵的 |
[24:54] | Aah! | 啊 |
[24:57] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[24:59] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[25:07] | Hey, I’m not getting anywhere with Lawrence Boyd. | 劳伦斯·博伊德这边我没有进展 |
[25:09] | – The problem is… – Solve it. | – 问题在于… – 解了它 |
[25:12] | All those years of thought and planning and calculation | 你们这么多年的处心积虑筹谋算计 |
[25:14] | that you and he put in are for nothing, | 都付之东水 |
[25:16] | and there’s a high probability that it does go wrong. | 而且这件事极有可能出现问题 |
[25:18] | So it’s in both your interests to… | 要对你们双方都有利的话 你们就得… |
[25:23] | I’ll have to call you back. | 我一会再打给你 |
[25:34] | You took $250,000 out of the fund. | 你从基金会里取走了二十五万 |
[25:37] | Why does it bother you? | 为什么这会让你如此不安 |
[25:38] | I still have $3 million in. | 我还有三百万在里面 |
[25:39] | Why’d you take it out? | 你为什么要把钱拿出来 |
[25:41] | It’s my money. I can do whatever I want with it. | 这是我的钱 我想怎么样就怎么样 |
[25:45] | Or can’t I? | 还是说我不能 |
[25:46] | Dollar Bill earned a $10 million bonus last year. | 美元比尔去年赚了一千万的奖金 |
[25:50] | You know how much he took out? 2 grand. | 你知道他取出了多少 两千 |
[25:52] | You’ve known about this for weeks. | 几个星期前你就知道这事了 |
[25:54] | You’re bringing it up now because | 现在才提出来 |
[25:55] | you wanna know something. | 是因为你想知道些什么 |
[25:56] | What is it you wanna know? | 你想知道什么 |
[25:57] | Why don’t you take it all out? | 你为什么不把钱全取出来 |
[26:03] | I am not my husband. | 我不是我丈夫 |
[26:05] | And I am not going to be the shuttlecock | 更不是让你们俩 |
[26:07] | that you two smack back and forth. | 打来打去的羽毛球 |
[26:15] | You two just sniffed each other one day | 你们俩就像是有天互相闻了彼此一下 |
[26:16] | and decided you didn’t like the smell. | 觉着不喜欢这味道 |
[26:18] | So now you think you have to do this thing, but you don’t. | 所以现在你们觉得打这么一仗 但其实不必的 |
[26:22] | You don’t have to do it. | 你们不必这样 |
[26:49] | Dollar Bill is hard, man. | 美元比尔真是硬骨头 伙计 |
[26:51] | Inspiring. | 鼓舞人心啊 |
[26:53] | He makes me wanna lose 30 pounds | 让我都想减掉三十磅 |
[26:55] | and stockpile automatic weapons to protect all my sister-wives. | 囤积自动武器来保护我的妻妾了 |
[27:00] | Will he be exonerated? | 他会被无罪释放吗 |
[27:01] | It’s the government. | 这可是政府 |
[27:03] | If he is, it’ll be in five years, | 就算被释放 也是五年之后的事 |
[27:05] | and no one will remember it. | 而且没人会记得 |
[27:08] | Look… | 其实… |
[27:10] | just because he’s not cooperating | 就算是他不合作 |
[27:11] | doesn’t mean they can’t tie you to Pepsum, | 也不意味着他们不能把你牵扯到派普森的事上去 |
[27:14] | doesn’t mean they can’t get you on something else. | 也不意味着他们不能在其他事上盯住你 |
[27:18] | But we have an opportunity now to broach a deal. | 不过我们现在有机会来提个交易 |
[27:21] | I’ll never settle. | 我绝不和解 |
[27:22] | No. Now’s the time you drop that. | 不 现在正是你提和解的时候 |
[27:27] | Chuck’s guy, Connerty… | 查克的人 康纳利 |
[27:30] | he’s rattled. | 他很是不安 |
[27:32] | They’re weak. | 他们处于弱势 |
[27:34] | And I think we could get a deal | 我觉得我们可以获得 |
[27:36] | that would be very, very good for you. | 一个对你有极大好处的交易 |
[27:38] | Look, guys try to sell me deals all day. | 想跟我做交易的人多了去了 |
[27:41] | I decide when they’re good. | 好不好由我来决定 |
[27:43] | The one I bring you will be the best one | 我给你弄来的将是 |
[27:45] | that’ll ever on the table, | 你见过的最好的一个 |
[27:48] | ’cause that’s what I do all day. | 因为我就是做这个的 |
[27:50] | I see that. | 我知道 |
[27:52] | And it won’t really hurt you, | 而且这不会伤到你什么 |
[27:54] | grand scheme, | 或是你的宏伟计划 |
[27:55] | other than emotionally. | 当然情绪除外 |
[27:57] | It’ll seem like a win to them, | 对他们来说就像是胜利 |
[27:59] | and they stop. | 然后他们就停手了 |
[28:00] | Give them more time, | 若是多给了他们些时间 |
[28:02] | who knows what they’ll find? | 谁知道他们还会发现什么 |
[28:06] | I didn’t do anything | 我做的哪件事 |
[28:07] | that anybody else in my business doesn’t do. | 不是我们这行的人都在做的 |
[28:10] | I just did it better. | 只不过我做得更好 |
[28:12] | And I will not tar myself with an admission of guilt | 我才不会承认自己有罪 |
[28:14] | over some… | 就因为… |
[28:14] | You wouldn’t plead guilty. | 你不是去认罪的 |
[28:15] | Any success that his bullshit investigation yields is toxic. | 他那狗屁调查领域里的任何成功都是有毒害的 |
[28:20] | He cannot just walk around using rumor and hearsay | 他不能就这么大摇大摆地走过来利用谣言和传闻 |
[28:25] | and destroy lives and businesses. | 来毁掉别人的人生和事业 |
[28:27] | I won’t allow it. That needs to be the message. | 我不允许这样 他必须明白这一点 |
[28:30] | He’s got nothing. | 他什么证据都没有 |
[28:32] | Billionaires all over the world | 这世上每天都有 |
[28:33] | are trying to bring me down every day. | 亿万富翁想要搞垮我 |
[28:35] | This guy? He can’t even bring me to trial. | 这家伙 他都没办法把我送上法庭 |
[28:37] | He has failed at his job. | 他都无法胜任他的工作 |
[28:39] | Why the hell would I give him a win? | 我凭什么让他赢 |
[28:40] | What win? It’s your win. | 什么赢 是你赢了 |
[28:45] | You go free. | 你无罪 |
[28:47] | You pay a fine, | 你付个罚款 |
[28:49] | get busted down to a family office. | 把生意缩小成家庭办公室 |
[28:51] | That’s nothing. | 没什么大不了的 |
[28:52] | It’s headed that way anyway, isn’t it? | 反正是朝那个方向发展的 不是吗 |
[28:54] | No! | 不是 |
[29:01] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[29:03] | What brings you to our fair city, sir? | 什么风把你给吹来了 |
[29:05] | I’m giving the commencement at Columbia Law. | 我要在哥伦比亚法学院毕业典礼上演讲 |
[29:06] | Ah. I gave that speech two years ago. | 我两年前也在那给过演讲 |
[29:09] | You need some tips? | 需要些建议吗 |
[29:11] | Hey, congrats on getting Steve Birch. | 恭喜你啊 搞定了斯蒂芬•伯奇 |
[29:15] | That’s a solid double. | 绝对是实打实的了 |
[29:18] | Axelrod… | 埃克斯罗德 |
[29:19] | that’s bigger. | 这可是个大案子 |
[29:21] | You speaking for the Attorney General | 你这是在为总检察长传话 |
[29:22] | or is this off the cuff? | 还是算私下里的谈话 |
[29:24] | I speak for everyone. | 我为所有人说话 |
[29:25] | It’s fundraising season. | 现在是筹款期 |
[29:27] | The administration needs Wall Street money to compete. | 行政部门需要华尔街出钱竞争 |
[29:29] | Nobody wants this to look like some kind of crusade. | 没人想让这一切看起来好像一场讨伐 |
[29:31] | I’m doing my job. | 我这是在尽职 |
[29:32] | I don’t think about what it looks like. | 我不考虑这看起来像什么 |
[29:34] | Well, the AG does. | 总检察长有考虑 |
[29:36] | I see. | 明白了 |
[29:37] | We feel… or she feels… | 我们觉得… 或她觉得… |
[29:38] | that your investigation is problematic, | 你的调查问题重重 |
[29:40] | given your personal connection to Axe Capital. | 因为你与埃克斯资本有着私人联系 |
[29:42] | I mean, the optics are bad. That article… | 我是说 现在情况也不是很好 那篇文章… |
[29:44] | Has no basis in fact. | 没有事实依据 |
[29:46] | The idea, the very concept | 它的主要理念是说 |
[29:48] | that I would be soft on Axe Capital | 我之所以对埃克斯资本不够强硬 |
[29:50] | because my wife works there, | 是因为我妻子在那里工作 |
[29:51] | I’m going to erase that very, very quickly. | 我很快就解决这件事 |
[29:53] | I have. An arrest was made. | 我做到了 我下了逮捕令 |
[29:55] | Okay, so maybe you targeted Axelrod because she works there, | 那么也许你针对埃克斯罗德就是因为她在那里工作 |
[29:58] | which is fucked up. | 这可就完蛋了 |
[30:00] | First, I’m too soft. Now I’m too tough. | 开始是我太软弱 现在我又太强硬 |
[30:01] | Uh, which is it, Goldilocks? | 到底怎样才好 金凤花姑娘 |
[30:04] | Both. Either. I don’t care. | 两者都有 或者只有一面 我不在乎 |
[30:06] | The point is, she works there. | 关键是她在那里工作 |
[30:07] | That’s what they’re gonna be writing about. | 他们就会把这点写出来 |
[30:08] | And Axelrod will be paying an army of white-shoe lawyers | 然后埃克斯罗德便会花钱雇一千美元一小时的 |
[30:09] | $1,000 an hour… | 精英律师团队 |
[30:11] | …to come up with a thousand different ways | 用上千种不同的方法来 |
[30:12] | to yell “conflict of interest.” | 指出”利益冲突” |
[30:14] | This is my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[30:16] | I have broad discretion to pursue any actions | 我有绝对的权力用我认为合适的方法 |
[30:18] | exactly the way I see fit. | 对任何人提起诉讼 |
[30:20] | Of course. The AG doesn’t care about one case. | 那是当然 总检察长并不在乎这一件案子 |
[30:22] | She’s thinking globally here. | 她是从全球角度考虑 |
[30:24] | She’s into movements, like a maestro. | 她关注节奏 如同大师一般 |
[30:26] | But a lost case is still a wrong note. | 一件失败的案件就是一个错误的音符 |
[30:28] | I’ve never lost a case. | 我从未输过一件案子 |
[30:31] | And I’m sure you won’t lose this one. | 我确定你不也会输掉这一件 |
[30:33] | if that conviction gets kicked on appeal | 可要是因为你的不回避 |
[30:35] | because you didn’t recuse yourself, well… | 导致定罪在上诉时无效 |
[30:37] | even if you win, you lose. | 即便你赢了 你也输了 |
[30:38] | Does the Attorney General want me removed? | 总检察长希望我回避吗 |
[30:40] | She just wants you to be right. | 她只是想让你做正确的事情 |
[30:41] | You do what you’re gonna do, Chuck. Just be right. | 你想怎么做就怎么做 查克 只要是对的就行了 |
[30:44] | I gotta grab this. | 我要接下电话 |
[30:45] | Yes? | 你好 |
[30:48] | Fucking maestro. | 去你的大师 |
[30:55] | Get ready to head to Brooklyn. | 准备好去布鲁克林吧 |
[30:58] | Tonight’s the night of your baptism | 今晚就是你在巴克莱斯球场 |
[30:59] | at the church of Barclays. | 教堂接受洗礼之时 |
[31:02] | Lawrence Boyd has invited you to his box. | 劳伦斯·博伊德邀请你去他的包厢 |
[31:05] | Washed in the blood of the lamb, baby. | 在羔羊之血中沐浴吧 |
[31:07] | How’d it go down? | 怎么搞定的 |
[31:08] | Uh, maitre d’ at a place I go | 我给了我常去的一家餐馆的领班 |
[31:10] | had $1,000 on him to tell me when Boyd came in. | 一千美元 让他看见博伊德来的时候通知我一声 |
[31:12] | Sent over a ’61 Chateau Latour | 以博比·埃克斯罗德的名义 |
[31:14] | and picked up his dinner, | 送去了一瓶61年的拉图 |
[31:16] | courtesy of Bobby Axelrod. | 还为他的晚餐买了单 |
[31:17] | – Well played. – I have my moments. | – 做得好 – 我也有厉害的时候 |
[31:30] | How you holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[31:33] | My lawyer today told me they don’t have a case against me, | 我的律师今天告诉我说他们无法立案起诉我 |
[31:35] | but I should still settle. | 但我还是应该和解 |
[31:37] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[31:39] | Yeah. | 能啊 |
[31:42] | I’m guessing you don’t mean that | 我猜你这话的意思 |
[31:43] | in a “fucking lawyers” kind of way. | 跟操蛋律师的不太一样 |
[31:44] | I think you have the best fucking lawyers. | 我认为你有着这世上最好的操蛋律师 |
[31:47] | They know the law like you know the market. | 他们精通法律 如同你通晓股市一般 |
[31:49] | And if they’re giving you a piece of advice, | 他们要是给了你建议 |
[31:51] | I think you should consider it. | 我觉得你应该考虑考虑 |
[31:52] | Wow. How does Chuck Rhoades terrify everybody so much? | 喔 查克·罗德斯是如何将所有人吓成这般的 |
[31:56] | I don’t give a shit about Chuck Rhoades. | 我才不管什么狗屁查克·罗德斯 |
[31:58] | I care about protecting this family. | 我只关注如何保护这个家 |
[32:02] | We’re gonna be pariahs. | 我们都要成贱民了 |
[32:04] | The kids got uninvited to the Bancroft party, | 班克罗夫特家的聚会都没邀请我们家的孩子 |
[32:07] | and nothing’s even happened yet. | 而现在什么都还没发生呢 |
[32:10] | So if there is even close to an easy way out of this, | 所以要是有个什么避重就轻的方法能解决这件事 |
[32:13] | I hope you would take it. | 我希望你能够采用 |
[32:14] | Since when do I take the easy way out? | 我什么时候开始用避重就轻的方法了 |
[32:16] | This isn’t some stock play. | 这不是在操作股市 |
[32:18] | It’s no different. | 没什么区别 |
[32:19] | It’s all about tolerance and risk. | 无外乎容忍和风险 |
[32:22] | Look, you don’t win, you don’t get to where I am | 无法容忍大量风险就不会赢 就无法 |
[32:24] | without tolerating a lot of risk. | 站在我现在的这个位置 |
[32:26] | We. Where we are. | 我们 我们的位置 |
[32:29] | This is real, Bobby. You’re risking our lives. | 这是现实 博比 你在拿我们的人生冒险 |
[32:32] | You could go to jail. We could lose everything. | 你可能会进监狱 我们可能失去一切 |
[32:34] | And you can make it all go away and you won’t? | 你可以让这一切都消失 而你却不愿意 |
[32:36] | I can’t. Not like that. | 我做不到 不能像这个样子 |
[32:38] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[32:39] | Because I don’t get on bended knee | 因为我不会卑躬屈膝 |
[32:41] | and pledge fealty to the king. | 向主宰者宣誓效忠 |
[32:43] | It’s not who I am. It’s not who you married. | 我不是这样的 你嫁的可不是这样的人 |
[32:45] | Well, that’s just fucking stupid. | 那可就他妈的太蠢了 |
[32:47] | The ground is shifting, and you don’t even see it. | 格局在改变 而你根本没意识到 |
[32:49] | Or you refuse to see it. | 或者你不想意识到 |
[32:51] | But if this were some stock play, | 但即便这是操作股市 |
[32:53] | it wouldn’t be about pride. | 也和自尊心无关 |
[32:55] | You’d have already cut your losses. | 你会早已止损了 |
[32:57] | Lara, the ground is shifting because I’m the one moving it. | 拉拉 格局在改变是因为是我操控的 |
[32:59] | Lawrence Boyd invited me to his box today. | 劳伦斯·博伊德今天邀请我去他的包厢 |
[33:02] | That tells the Street, tells the world, | 这告诉了这个行业 告诉了世界 |
[33:04] | that my stock, our stock, is about to rally | 我的股票 我们的股票 就要重振旗鼓了 |
[33:07] | because Spartan-Ives does not back a loser. | 因为斯巴达-艾维斯不会支持一个失败者 |
[33:16] | I gotta go to work | 我要去工作了 |
[33:24] | I know for a fact Garth Sykes is dumping Axe. | 我知道加斯•赛克斯要弃掉埃克斯 |
[33:27] | – Mm. – Moving over to Vista Verde. | – 嗯 – 他们要去找佛得角远景 |
[33:29] | So there is blood in the water. It’s a thing of beauty. | 水中之血会引来鲨鱼 干得漂亮 |
[33:34] | I guess the invisible hand of the market | 我猜市场的无形之手 |
[33:36] | is, uh, pushing him off a cliff. | 正在 呃 把他推下悬崖 |
[33:38] | I would kill for a window | 我真想能亲眼目睹 |
[33:41] | into the panic flowing through that place. | 那众叛亲离 人心惶惶的场景 |
[33:43] | Charles, be sensitive. | 查尔斯 有点同情心好吗 |
[33:45] | Axe must take three sessions | 埃克斯一天一定要开上三个会议 |
[33:47] | just to make it through a day, huh? | 才能勉强撑过一天把 |
[33:49] | Ugh. They’re Neanderthals. | 诶 他们是尼安德特人 粗鲁凶残 |
[33:51] | It’s the hormones. It makes their brains seem small. | 是荷尔蒙的原因 让他们的脑子看上去很小 |
[33:54] | It’s all right, Ellen. It is a difficult time. | 都会没事的 艾伦 这是个艰难的时期 |
[33:57] | And it’s going to get worse before it gets better. | 在变好之前 事态会继续恶化的 |
[34:05] | I don’t understand why you can’t smoke in the house. | 我不理解为什么你不在家里抽雪茄 |
[34:08] | I don’t smoke. | 我不抽 |
[34:10] | You’re not allowed to, you mean? | 你是说 你不被允许抽 |
[34:14] | I pretty much do what I want. | 我几乎是想做什么做什么 |
[34:18] | Maybe not as much as you. | 可能没你那么随心所欲 |
[34:30] | Getting him to take the plea deal… | 让他接受认罪协议 |
[34:32] | that’s the trick. | 这是关键 |
[34:35] | A big settlement that’ll hurt him, | 一大笔认罪罚金会给他致命打击 |
[34:38] | get him off of outside money. | 让他无法得到外面资金支持 |
[34:39] | What makes you think I would settle? | 为什么你认为我会和解 |
[34:41] | My desktop calendar. | 我的桌上日历 |
[34:43] | A conviction could take years. | 定他的罪要花很多年 |
[34:46] | You don’t want it to be your successor that gets the credit. | 你不会想让你的继任者居功的 |
[34:48] | No, I’ll be on the podium for this. | 不 这件事会在我任期之内 |
[34:52] | Son, has your vision of the future changed? | 儿子 你对未来的愿景改变了吗 |
[34:57] | Or is it just my vision? | 还是是我的变了 |
[34:59] | Because after… after that short squeeze incident… | 因为在 在那次逼空事件之后 |
[35:02] | and I understand that I put you in a bad position. | 我知道是我把你置于不利的位置 |
[35:05] | I understand that. | 我知道 |
[35:07] | Your performance left me more convinced than ever | 你的表现让我更加相信 |
[35:11] | of your greatness. | 你是卓越的 |
[35:13] | There is no high office in the land you could not attain. | 这片土地上 没有你拿不到的高层职位 |
[35:18] | Okay, Dad, I appreciate… | 好了 爸爸 我明白 |
[35:20] | But if you want that, | 但如果你想要达到那个位置 |
[35:21] | you have to think about things in a certain way. | 你要用一种特定的方式思考 |
[35:25] | I didn’t when I was younger, and it cost me. | 我年轻的时候没有这么做 就吃亏了 |
[35:29] | You can’t allow yourself | 你不能让你自己 |
[35:31] | to get drawn in to an unwinnable fight. | 淹死在不可战胜的战争中 |
[35:35] | And I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[35:38] | Victory will be swift, Dad. | 胜利很快就会到来 爸爸 |
[35:41] | No. Be realistic. | 不会的 现实点 |
[35:45] | This guy is gearing up… | 这个家伙正紧锣密鼓准备 |
[35:47] | …for trench warfare. | 堑壕战 |
[35:55] | You’ve been talking to Wendy, haven’t you? | 你是不是跟温蒂谈过了 |
[36:00] | Well, you’re the one who’s always telling me | 是你一直告诉我 |
[36:03] | that she has your best interests at heart. | 她把你的最佳利益放在心上 |
[36:15] | What the hell was that? | 这他妈怎么回事 |
[36:17] | You’ve twisted my father into carrying your water now? | 你现在把我爸爸卷进来为你说话 |
[36:20] | He called. I told him what I think. | 他打给我 我告诉他我是怎么想的 |
[36:23] | He agreed with me. | 他也认同我的想法 |
[36:25] | That I should settle, huh? | 就是我该和解对吗 |
[36:30] | Nice try. | 干的不错 |
[36:33] | You want me to think that, uh, you’re trying to save your job? | 你想让我相信 呃 你在试着挽救你的事业吗 |
[36:36] | Really, you’re trying to save Axelrod. | 真的 你只是试着挽救埃克斯罗德 |
[36:37] | I am trying to save you | 我在试着拯救你 |
[36:40] | and me and him… | 还有我 还有他 |
[36:42] | and your father. | 还有你的父亲 |
[36:47] | Do you trust me? | 你相信我吗 |
[36:52] | Just because I trust you | 我相信你 |
[36:53] | doesn’t mean I think you’re right. | 但不代表我认同你 |
[36:57] | Ask me anything. | 问我任何事 |
[37:01] | Are you gonna open up the book on Axe for me? | 你要把埃克斯的老底都告诉我吗 |
[37:03] | The whole way? | 底朝天 |
[37:05] | – What about the oath? – What do you want to know? | – 那个誓言怎么办 – 你想知道什么 |
[37:09] | What’s he thinking right now? What’s he doing? | 他现在的想法 他最近在做什么 |
[37:10] | He’s looking for a win. | 他在寻求胜算 |
[37:12] | Always. He needs to find at least a small win | 总是如此 在每次奋进 每个交换中 |
[37:15] | in every endeavor, every exchange. | 他最少要找到一个小的胜算 |
[37:18] | What happens if he can’t find one? | 如果他找不到呢 |
[37:19] | Then he’ll play a different game, | 那他就换成不同的游戏 |
[37:21] | with different rules… ones you don’t know, | 不同的规则 你不知道的规则 |
[37:23] | no one knows, where… | 没人知道 |
[37:25] | he can make your loss bigger than his loss. | 他可以让你的损失远超过他的 |
[37:28] | A lose-lose scenario. And that doesn’t bother him? | 双输局面 对他来说不困扰吗 |
[37:32] | Of course it does, but Axe came from nothing. | 当然 但埃克斯白手起家 |
[37:34] | So unconsciously, he fears… | 所以潜意识里 他害怕 |
[37:36] | No, he may even expect he’ll have nothing again. | 不 他甚至可能会期待有天他会再次一无所有 |
[37:41] | So he… | 所以他 |
[37:44] | loves to put that same fear into others, | 爱让他人也感受到这种恐惧 |
[37:50] | especially if they’re not familiar with it. | 尤其是那些对这种恐惧不熟悉的人们 |
[38:00] | Like the Eads family. | 就像是伊兹家族 |
[38:02] | The naming rights? I heard about that. | 关于冠名权吗 我听说过 |
[38:04] | But that’s just the part of him I know… | 但这只是我了解的 |
[38:07] | that he’s allowed me to see. | 他允许我看的到的那一面 |
[38:10] | But you know him better than anybody. | 但你比任何人都了解他 |
[38:12] | Well, I think I do, | 我也这样认为 |
[38:13] | but I’m not really sure anyone can. | 但我不确定是否真的有人可以了解他 |
[38:20] | He’s most likely ahead of you… | 他很可能已经在你前面了 |
[38:24] | Especially when it looks like he’s not. | 尤其是当他看起来落后的时候 |
[38:26] | And if he does go down, he will pull you down with him. | 而如果他要输了 他会把你也拉下水 |
[38:29] | I’m not afraid to prosecute anybody. | 我不害怕起诉任何人 |
[38:31] | Okay, it’s not about that. | 好 不是说这个 |
[38:32] | It’s about you being your alpha self, | 而是你作为一个支配型人格的人 |
[38:34] | not letting him pull you out of your game. | 不让他把你从自己的战场上撤离 |
[38:36] | That’s his goal in all his deals… | 这就是他所有交易的目的 |
[38:38] | get under their skin, get them to make a mistake. | 看清楚对手的本质 让他们犯个错误 |
[38:43] | If this was a different case, uh, at this stage, | 如果不是这个案子 呃 在这个阶段 |
[38:47] | I would pursue a plea agreement. | 我会实行控辩协议 |
[38:50] | You would. | 你会的 |
[38:53] | It’s a cardinal rule… you don’t trust your career | 这是基本原则 你不能把自己的职业生涯 |
[38:55] | in the hands of a jury of 12 random crazy people | 交给陪审团随便十二个疯子手中 |
[38:59] | who might decide a case based on a wink and a smile | 他们会由一个眼色或微笑而不是法律 |
[39:01] | and not the law, | 而做出决断 |
[39:04] | which they can’t fucking understand in the first place. | 而首先他们根本不懂法律 |
[39:10] | Would he take a deal? | 他会接受协议吗 |
[39:12] | He’d settle if he thought it was a win. | 当他认为是胜局时才会和解 |
[39:15] | If he thought he tricked you, even better. | 最好是他认为他骗过你了 |
[39:17] | The only deal with teeth | 唯一让他痛苦的协议 |
[39:18] | would have to take him out of business forever. | 是让他永远离开这个行业 |
[39:21] | That’s the only deal he would never take. | 他永远不会接受这个协议 |
[39:22] | Would he take a family office? Would he admit guilt? | 他会接受家族办公室吗 他会承认有罪吗 |
[39:26] | Why don’t you ask his lawyer? | 你为什么不去问他的律师 |
[39:28] | No, they have to come to me. | 不 他们要来找我 |
[39:31] | If they come to me, | 如果他们来找我 |
[39:33] | then it’s on my terms. | 那我就可以随心所欲了 |
[39:36] | I can get him to come to you. | 我能让他来找你 |
[39:39] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[39:42] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[39:43] | what if the Axe we’re dealing with now… | 如果我们现在对付的埃克斯 |
[39:46] | What if that’s the part of him you don’t know about? | 是不为你所知的另一面 |
[40:07] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[40:09] | Well, Lawrence Boyd sent me the message. | 劳伦斯·博伊德给我传递了信息 |
[40:12] | He pissed right in my face. | 他让我颜面尽失 |
[40:22] | Holy shit. Bobby Axelrod! | 我靠 博比·埃克斯罗德 |
[40:24] | Can I get a selfie? | 我可以跟你来张自拍吗 |
[40:25] | I’ll get mad followers on my Instagram. | 我图片分享网站的粉丝会为之疯狂的 |
[40:27] | He didn’t show. | 他没去 |
[40:28] | The room was full of 20-year-old dipshits. | 那个房间里都是二十多岁的笨蛋 |
[40:32] | It was mailroom night. | 是迎新夜 |
[40:39] | Well, what the hell do we do now? | 好吧 那现在我们该怎么办 |
[40:43] | It’s worse than I thought. | 这比我想象的要糟 |
[40:44] | That’s why we’re standing here. | 所以我们现在站在这里 |
[40:46] | I didn’t think it would go like this, | 我没想到事态会这样发展 |
[40:48] | this fast. | 会发展这么快 |
[40:52] | What’s the counter? | 应对措施怎么样了 |
[40:53] | It’s easy. | 小菜一碟 |
[40:54] | Rhoades is vulnerable, exposed. | 罗德斯很脆弱 弱点全部暴露在外 |
[40:58] | Conflict of interest. | 利益冲突 |
[41:01] | Wendy. | 是温蒂 |
[41:03] | I make it look like she’s involved. | 我让事情看起来像是她也卷进其中 |
[41:06] | Fraud, embezzlement. | 欺诈 挪用公款 |
[41:09] | Or maybe she’s having an affair… | 或者她和比尔·斯特恩 |
[41:10] | with Bill Stearn. | 有婚外情 |
[41:14] | With you, even. | 甚至是和你 |
[41:16] | Watch how fast the case goes away. | 看着吧这事很快就过去了 |
[41:21] | I’ll let you know. | 我会告诉你的 |
[41:29] | He’s working out of the office today. | 他今天在外办公 |
[41:31] | Will you tell him I need to talk? | 你能告诉他我想和他谈谈吗 |
[41:32] | In person. It’s important. | 面对面 这很重要 |
[41:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[41:37] | You’re gonna give him a deal? | 你要给他一个协议 |
[41:39] | You’re gonna fucking let him walk? | 你他妈就这么让他逍遥法外吗 |
[41:40] | If Axelrod comes to the table, | 如果埃克斯罗德来到谈判桌前 |
[41:42] | we’ll see what we can get. | 我们会知道该怎么办 |
[41:43] | It’s the smart way to go. | 这是明智的做法 |
[41:44] | That’s not what you said two days ago. What happened? | 你两天前可不是这么说的 发生什么事了 |
[41:48] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[41:50] | Y… Ah, this is fucking Birch all over again. | 好吧 伯奇的那套又他妈的重新来一遍 |
[41:54] | I didn’t come here and sacrifice real money | 我不是来这里 浪费真金白银 |
[41:56] | to let these guys write | 让这些家伙写他们的 |
[41:57] | their own “get out of jail free” cards. | 免费出狱卡 |
[41:59] | Was it… Is that all just bullshit posturing? Why?! | 这是不是为了做姿态 为什么 |
[42:02] | Because you don’t have him! | 因为你没抓住他的要害 |
[42:06] | Give me more time. | 再给我些时间 |
[42:09] | And I will build this case into a fucking guillotine | 我会把这个案子做成能送他上断头台 |
[42:12] | and drop the blade. | 然后让刀锋切下来的铁案 |
[42:14] | It’s too late. We went into his house | 太晚了 我们进了他的房子 |
[42:15] | and, uh… we shit the bed. | 而且 呃 把他家搞得一团糟 |
[42:20] | Every day I don’t bring charges, we lose leverage, | 一天我没有给他定罪 我们的筹码就会减少 |
[42:22] | and the deal gets better for him. | 而协议会对他越有利 |
[42:24] | So, uh, take the rest of the day off. | 那 今天剩下的时间休息吧 |
[42:26] | Or better yet, wait by the phone | 最好是守在电话旁 |
[42:28] | for his people to reach out. | 等着他的人来电 |
[42:41] | Hello, Wendy. | 嗨 温蒂 |
[42:46] | Have we met? | 我们认识吗 |
[42:47] | No. And we still haven’t. | 不 而且现在也不认识 |
[42:51] | If you wanna talk to him, get in. | 如果你想跟他谈谈 上车 |
[42:57] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[43:20] | We have to take precautions. | 我们不得不有预防措施 |
[43:22] | There’s a protocol. | 这是规程 |
[43:38] | It’s been a weird couple of days. | 最近这几天很奇怪 |
[43:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:43] | It’s hard to be sure about anything… | 很难确定任何事 |
[43:46] | anyone. | 任何人 |
[43:48] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[43:51] | I need to understand something, too. | 我也需要理解一些事 |
[43:55] | That’s why we’re sitting here like this. | 所以我们要这样坐在这里 |
[43:59] | No one listening but us. | 除了我们 没别人在听 |
[44:03] | Have I won your trust? | 我取得你的信任了吗 |
[44:07] | What do you want to understand? | 你想了解什么 |
[44:10] | Why are you sticking around? | 你为什么还会留在公司 |
[44:17] | I am interested in what that question means to you. | 我很好奇这个问题对你来说意味着什么 |
[44:20] | I wanna know… | 我想知道 |
[44:22] | No, I know, I… you just wanna hear my answer. | 不 我知道 你只是想听我的答案 |
[44:27] | I’m not gonna tell you I’m staying because you need me. | 我不会告诉你我待在这里因为你需要我 |
[44:32] | Even though you do, more than ever. | 虽然现在你比任何时候都需要我 |
[44:35] | And I’m not gonna tell you I’m here for my patients | 我也不会告诉你我为了我的病人来这里 |
[44:37] | or because I love my job, | 或者告诉你我爱我的工作 |
[44:39] | even though I do love my job. | 虽然我确实爱我的工作 |
[44:41] | And your collection of insecure egomaniacs | 如果不是我让他们头脑保持清醒 |
[44:44] | would lose a billion a year | 那些没有安全感的自大狂 |
[44:46] | if I didn’t keep their heads straight. | 会让你一年损失十个亿 |
[44:49] | And I am not going to tell you I’m here spying for Chuck, | 我也不是来告诉你我是来做查克的间谍 |
[44:53] | Because you know that’s total fucking nonsense. | 因为你知道这就是他妈的扯淡 |
[45:01] | The answer… | 答案是 |
[45:05] | My answer is, I’m here for me. | 我的答案是 我是为自己而来 |
[45:09] | Because I built this company just as much as you did. | 因为我营建这个公司的努力 丝毫不亚于你 |
[45:12] | That’s a bold statement. | 这说法还真大胆 |
[45:14] | That’s a true statement. | 但也是千真万确的 |
[45:16] | I put you back together again | 每次你的世界濒临崩溃 |
[45:19] | when your whole world burned. | 我帮你重新找回自己 |
[45:26] | And I found meaning in that. | 而在这个过程中 我找到了自身的意义 |
[45:29] | I still do. | 我现在仍然如此 |
[45:31] | I’m not… | 在这里… |
[45:34] | happy here, not always. Not… now. | 并不都是愉快的 现在… 也不是 |
[45:41] | But meaning matters more to me than happiness. | 但意义比愉悦重要 |
[45:44] | And I am in this water | 我现在来到这里 |
[45:49] | because I don’t want to see you throw it all anyway | 是因为我不想看到你明明不至于此 |
[45:51] | when you don’t have to. | 却要彻底自毁长城 |
[45:52] | I know. | 我明白 |
[45:57] | And I don’t want us to lose you. | 我也不想让公司失去你 |
[46:10] | I wanna make a deal. Will he make one? | 我想协议解决 他会提出协议吗 |
[46:13] | – Yes. – Will I be able to live with it? | – 会 – 我能接受的了吗 |
[46:19] | That’s up to you. | 那取决于你 |
[46:21] | That has nothing to do with the deal. | 和协议无关 |
[46:38] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[46:40] | Like somebody else. | 感觉不像是自己了 |
[46:44] | What am I gonna say about it? | 我该说些什么呢 |
[46:49] | That I did the right thing. | 告诉我我做了正确选择 |
[46:56] | For all of us. | 而这是为了我们 |
[47:06] | Adam, hi. | 嗨 亚当 |
[47:09] | Uh, just wanted to thank you for stopping by the other day. | 我就是想谢谢你那天过来 |
[47:13] | I thought about what you said, and I’m not gonna recuse myself. | 我考虑了你说的 我不准备请求回避 |
[47:17] | Well, that’s unfortunate. | 那可真不幸 |
[47:20] | I believe the Greeks call that hamartia. | 我想希腊人管这个叫悲剧性缺陷 |
[47:22] | I disagree, | 我不接受 |
[47:23] | because I’m not gonna lose, and there will not be an appeal. | 是因为这个案子我不会输 也不会出现上诉 |
[47:26] | Axelrod surrendered. | 埃克斯罗德屈服了 |
[47:28] | What? A deal? | 什么 他接受协议 |
[47:30] | Mm-hmm. Yeah, we have a deal on the table, | 没错 我们提出了协议 |
[47:32] | a termination, a plea, and $1.9 billion. | 包括终止运营 抗辩协议 还有十九亿罚款 |
[47:37] | Biggest insider fine ever paid. | 史上最大的一笔内部交易罚款 |
[47:40] | Anyway, thanks again. | 不管怎么说 再次谢谢你 |
[47:42] | Give my regards to the maestro. | 代我向大师问好 |
[47:44] | You got it, Chuck. Good job. | 你成功了 查克 干得漂亮 |
[47:51] | Your father’s still holding on the other line. | 你父亲在另一条线上 |
[47:57] | Dad, hello. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[47:58] | Chuckie boy, I heard. I heard you took him down. | 小查克 我听说了 你把他扳倒了 |
[48:02] | I’m, uh, I’m smoking a cigar for you right now… | 我现在正拿着雪茄 |
[48:06] | as soon as I get outside. | 走到屋外就点上为你庆祝 |
[48:07] | I’m not supposed to in the house now that | 你妈妈听说了温蒂的禁令后 |
[48:09] | your mother heard Wendy’s rule. | 现在也不准我在屋里抽了 |
[48:10] | But congratulations! | 但还是要说 祝贺你 |
[48:13] | Yeah, we’re quite happy with the terms. | 我们对条款很满意 |
[48:15] | – Well, it’s the smart play. – Yeah. | – 你这手干得漂亮 – 嗯 |
[48:17] | And even as a kid, you would never get into a fight | 你还是个孩子的时候就知道 |
[48:19] | unless you knew you could win it. | 如果不能赢 绝不和人打 |
[48:21] | Oh, do you remember that Mintz boy? | 你还记得那个明茨家的小子吗 |
[48:25] | He was a head taller than you, | 他比你高一头 |
[48:27] | probably could’ve made you eat dirt. | 真打起来可能会把你打得落花流水 |
[48:29] | And he left that ball field thinking you were best friends. | 结果他离开球场的时候把你引为知己 |
[48:32] | Okay, Dad, I gotta go. | 好了 爸爸 我得挂断了 |
[48:33] | And then I made sure he didn’t get into Dalton. | 然后我确保他进不了达尔顿学院 |
[48:36] | Goodbye! | 拜拜 |
[48:41] | Highest fucking fine ever levied… | 见鬼的史上最高罚金… |
[48:42] | $1.9 billion. | 十九亿美元 |
[48:44] | We got everything we wanted. | 我们的目的都达到了 |
[48:46] | Family office. Sure. | 家族办公室没错 |
[48:47] | – Yeah. – That’s worse | – 没错 – 这比那见鬼的 |
[48:48] | than the fucking fine. | 罚金还要过分 |
[48:51] | The money I can get back, but not my name. | 钱我可以再挣回来 但名声挣不回来 |
[48:53] | We’ll petition for reinstatement, | 罗德斯离任后 在白宫换主之后 |
[48:55] | after Rhoades leaves, after the White House turns over. | 我们会提请恢复经营 |
[48:59] | We’ll get it. | 我们能争取到 |
[49:00] | You’ll be managing outside money again within five years. | 五年之内你就能重新操盘外来资金 |
[49:03] | That’s five years I’ll never get back. | 而我失去的五年再也不会回来 |
[49:07] | Where’s the silverware? | 餐具呢 |
[49:08] | No, it’s, uh, it’s Ethiopian. | 不 这是埃塞俄比亚菜 |
[49:11] | I got you extra injera, and, uh, you use your hands. | 我为您多配了画眉草面包 您需要用手拿着吃 |
[49:18] | This is an opportunity to be here with us. | 你能来这里与我们共处不是平白无故的 |
[49:22] | Step it up, Ben Kim. | 快去拿 本·金 |
[49:24] | Step… it… up. | 快… 去… 拿 |
[49:26] | Sorry. I’ll go… I’ll go get some. | 抱歉 我这就… 我这就去拿 |
[49:29] | You have it? | 你把支票带来了 |
[49:31] | Right here. | 这里 |
[49:51] | Uh… there’s one other thing. | 呃… 还有另一件事 |
[49:54] | I do not like other things. | 我不喜欢”另一件事” |
[49:56] | I sensed a possible waffle on the specifics of the plea. | 我感觉在协议的具体内容上可能有诈 |
[49:59] | Connerty did commit to a no guilty plea | 康纳利确实提出了无罪协议 |
[50:02] | but said he would have to reconfirm with Rhoades. | 但他说需要再与罗德斯确认 |
[50:05] | What could they come with? | 他们要干什么 |
[50:07] | At worst, the company will have to plead guilty to conspiracy. | 最坏可能是公司要对串谋罪认罪 |
[50:10] | – Fuck. – Penalty is the same. | – 去他妈的 – 罚金相同 |
[50:12] | An admission of guilt? | 承认有罪 |
[50:17] | If they put that in front of me tomorrow, | 如果他们明天提出这条 |
[50:20] | I don’t think I can sign it. | 我觉着我无法接受 |
[50:35] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会没事的 |
[50:36] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[51:06] | They’re coming up. | 他们来了 |
[51:28] | You’ve been briefed by your lawyers, Mr. Axelrod. | 埃克斯罗德先生 您的律师已经向您简述了协议 |
[51:30] | We’ll try to get you out of here as soon as possible. | 我们将尽快完成让您离开 |
[51:33] | “As part of the proposed global resolution, | 作为整体解决方案的一部分 |
[51:36] | the defendant agrees to an aggregate financial penalty | 被告人接受共计十九亿美元的 |
[51:39] | of $1.9 billion. | 经济处罚 |
[51:42] | To the termination of their investment advisory business | 并终止投资咨询业务 |
[51:45] | and… | 以及… |
[51:47] | the company agrees to plead guilty to conspiracy.” | 承认公司犯有商业串谋罪 |
[52:00] | Do we have a deal, Mr. Axelrod? | 埃克斯罗德先生 你是否接受协议 |
[52:15] | Okay. | 接受 |
[52:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[52:20] | Axe Capital accepts such a penalty as | 基于国会为弥补投资人损失而 |
[52:23] | fair, reasonable, and adequate within the limitations | 由联邦监管机构设定的限额 |
[52:26] | congress has imposed on federal regulators | 埃克斯资本接受上述处罚 |
[52:28] | to recover investor losses. | 承认上述处罚为公平 合理 适当 |
[52:31] | Bryan… | 布莱恩… |
[52:34] | didn’t he say that he would never settle? | 他不是说他绝不接受协议吗 |
[52:38] | That’s what he’s been saying. | 他一直这么说的 |
[52:40] | You know, out there, you guys always talk so tough, | 你知道吗 在外面你们总是说得硬气 |
[52:42] | but you always end up in here. | 但到头来都会走到这步 |
[52:46] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[52:48] | Because he knows he’s a crook. | 因为他自知有罪 |
[52:51] | Innocent people would never take a hit like that. | 身家清白的人绝对接受不了 |
[52:54] | Beyond the pale. My client… | 在此之外 我的委托人… |
[52:55] | You got me, Rhoades. | 你赢了 罗德斯 |
[52:57] | $1.9 billion. | 十九亿美元 |
[52:59] | It’s gonna hurt. | 是让我出了点血 |
[53:01] | But not… not like a shark bite. | 但绝不是… 伤筋动骨 |
[53:04] | It’s more like a… what? A bee sting. | 更像是… 什么呢 被蜜蜂螫了一下 |
[53:06] | Bee sting? No, that hurts. More like a horse-fly. | 蜂螫 不是 那个痛多了 更像是马蝇叮了一口 |
[53:10] | One of those little green horse-flies? | 一只绿油油的小马蝇 |
[53:11] | Yeah, a nasty nip. | 没错 可恶的一小叮 |
[53:12] | No, more like an ant. Like a red ant. | 不会 更像是蚂蚁 红蚂蚁 |
[53:15] | Yeah, yeah. Stings for a minute but doesn’t ruin the picnic. | 没错 刺痛一小下 但也不至于败了野餐的兴致 |
[53:19] | “Plea Agreement is subject to judicial approval, | 协议以司法认定为准 |
[53:22] | pursuant to Rule 11(c) (1) (C) | 依据联邦刑事诉讼程序规则 |
[53:25] | of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.” | 第十一条C款第一则C部分 |
[53:28] | Actually, it’s good to get past this stuff. | 其实 这样解决就很好 |
[53:30] | You know, just get it out of the way. | 你懂的 尽快了事 |
[53:32] | And we can make that $1.9 back in, what, eight months? | 我们也就需要八个月吧 就能把十九亿美元挣回来 |
[53:34] | Six. | 六个月就够 |
[53:36] | The termination of Axe Capital’s advisory business | 埃克斯资本将终止咨询服务 |
[53:39] | closes the fund to outside investors. | 即关闭外来投资基金 |
[53:41] | Yeah, you can score that one for the superstars over at the SEC. | 没错 在SEC的监管下你只能为那些明星赚钱了 |
[53:46] | As a family office, | 作为家庭办公室 |
[53:47] | Mr. Axelrod can invest his personal assets… | 埃克斯罗德先生可以对他的个人资产进行投资 |
[53:50] | No. | 不 |
[53:52] | No family office. | 不能建家庭办公室 |
[53:56] | Lifetime ban. | 改为终身禁止令 |
[54:06] | Put the money in a trust, fine. | 把钱放在信托基金里 可以 |
[54:08] | but you never trade securities again. | 但是你再也不能进行证券交易 |
[54:13] | Not for institutions, not for individual investors, | 不能代机构交易 不能代个人投资者交易 |
[54:17] | not even for yourself. | 甚至你自己都不行 |
[54:50] | What the fuck just happened? | 刚才他妈是怎么回事 |
[54:56] | End of passion play crumbling away | # 受难记已结束 一切皆粉碎 # |
[55:01] | I’m your source of self-destruction… | # 你欲自我毁灭 全自我开始 # |
[55:05] | – Pull over. – Veins that pump with fear | – 靠边停 – # 恐惧鼓胀血管 # |
[55:07] | Sucking darkest clear | # 吸尽了黑暗 # |
[55:09] | Leading on your death’s construction | # 引诱你构筑起死亡 # |
[55:13] | Taste me, you will see | # 尝我一口 你就明白 # |
[55:16] | More is all you need | # 你将需索更多 # |
[55:18] | Dedicated to | # 你将汲汲以求 # |
[55:20] | How I’m killing you | # 让我残杀你 # |
[55:26] | Come crawling faster | # 快 爬快些 # |
[55:31] | Obey your master | # 俯首称臣吧 # |
[55:35] | Your life burns faster | # 你的生命加速燃烧 # |
[55:40] | Obey your master | # 俯首称臣吧 # |
[55:48] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[55:52] | How did it happen? | 到底怎么回事 |
[55:54] | The moment came and, uh, Axe blew a gasket. | 提出协议的时候 埃克斯勃然大怒 |
[55:58] | Took down the whole meeting. | 推翻了整个会面 |
[56:02] | Tore the check up into tiny pieces. | 把支票撕得粉碎 |
[56:04] | I thought he might trash the room on his way out. | 我当时以为他出去的时候要把整个房间都拆了 |
[56:08] | Christ. | 老天 |
[56:11] | We’re back to this. | 我们还是回到这种境地了 |
[56:14] | No, it’s fucking worse. | 不 甚至更糟 |
[56:16] | I c… I can’t… live in the middle. | 我不能… 我无法… 我没法夹在中间 |
[56:19] | You… you won’t. | 你… 你不必夹在中间 |
[56:23] | I’ve decided, for the good of our marriage, | 我已经决定了 为了我们的婚姻 |
[56:26] | I’m not gonna be a part of the case going forward. | 我将不再参与这个案子的后续部分 |
[56:30] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | – 真的吗 – 没错 |
[56:33] | I’ve recused myself. | 我提请了回避 |
[56:35] | I already notified Washington. | 我已经通知了华盛顿方面 |
[56:39] | I am proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[56:43] | Looking past yourself. | 你能超越自己 |
[56:45] | Seeing the bigger picture. | 从大局着想 |
[56:47] | Five years ago, you wouldn’t have. | 五年前你做不到这点 |
[56:48] | That… is substantial fucking growth. | 这真是… 重要的成长 |
[57:09] | I gotta go walk the dog. | 我要去遛狗 |
[57:16] | I’ll be back. | 我一会儿回来 |
[57:22] | Thanks for coming out so late. | 谢谢你这么晚出来 |
[57:24] | Always. | 乐意效劳 |
[57:26] | You’re a goddamn hero | 你今天面对那些混蛋的时候 |
[57:29] | for standing up to those pricks today. | 真是十足英雄风范 |
[57:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[57:33] | You can count on me to finish what you started. | 请相信我能完成你开创的局面 |
[57:36] | I’m all in. | 我将全力投入 |
[57:38] | And I’m gonna put a hurt on him | 我也将重创他 |
[57:39] | that he can’t buy his way out of. | 让他绝不能靠钱来金蝉脱壳 |
[57:40] | Good. I want you to keep me in the loop | 很好 我需要你把我保持着 |
[57:43] | about what you’re doing. | 行动的决策圈内 |
[57:44] | But you’re recusing yourself. | 但你已经提请回避了 |
[57:48] | I’m still gonna need you to keep me informed. | 我仍然需要你跟我通气 |
[57:50] | Then you’re not really recused. | 那你就不算真正回避 |
[57:52] | I am. Officially. | 明面上 我的确回避了 |
[57:56] | There can’t be any trail back to me. | 绝不能有任何线索追踪到我 |
[57:59] | No documents, no e-mail chains, no witnesses. | 不留文件 不留电子邮件 没有旁人知情 |
[58:01] | We only talk behind closed doors. | 我们只暗中交流 |
[58:03] | I can handle this case on my own. | 我可以独立搞定 |
[58:05] | Of course you can, but the gloves are off. | 你当然能 但是大战在即 |
[58:07] | We do whatever it takes. | 我们就要不择手段 |
[58:17] | Master of puppets, I’m pulling your strings | # 吾乃傀儡之王 我操纵你的提线 # |
[58:20] | Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams | # 扭曲你心灵 毁灭你梦境 # |
[58:24] | Blinded by me, you can’t see a thing | # 你将目眩神迷 视而不见其他 # |
[58:27] | Just call my name ’cause I’ll hear you scream | # 呼唤我名吧 我已听见你的呐喊 # |
[58:30] | Master | # 主人 # |
[58:32] | Master | # 主人 # |
[58:33] | Just call my name ’cause I’ll hear you scream | # 呼唤我名吧 我已听见你的呐喊 # |
[58:36] | Master | # 主人 # |
[58:38] | Master | # 主人 # |