时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on “Billions”… | 《财富战争》 前提紧要 |
[00:10] | When did it become a crime to succeed in this country? | 什么时候在这个国家成功也成了犯罪 |
[00:12] | Everyone has access to the information. | 每个人都有获得情报的途径 |
[00:14] | We just know how to analyze it better. | 我们只是知道怎样更好地分析情报 |
[00:16] | Suspect trading pattern on Pepsum Pharmaceuticals. | 派普森姆制药出现可疑交易 |
[00:19] | They had inside information. | 他们有内部信息 |
[00:20] | You must get pings like that every day. | 这种警报信息你肯定每天都会收到 |
[00:22] | It’s bigger than that. | 没那么简单 |
[00:23] | All three firms have links to Bobby Axelrod. | 三家公司都与博比·埃克斯罗德有联系 |
[00:26] | This would be a big one. | 这是个大案子 |
[00:27] | But a good matador doesn’t try to kill a fresh bull. | 但聪明的斗牛士不会去杀活蹦乱跳的牛 |
[00:30] | You wait until he’s been stuck a few times. | 要等他被刺个几下 |
[00:33] | Why aren’t you prosecuting the investment banks | 那些投行和对冲基金进行内幕交易 |
[00:35] | and hedge funds for insider trading? | 你为什么不去起诉 |
[00:38] | Go ask the 81 convicted felons of financial crimes | 你去问问正在服刑的那八十一位 |
[00:40] | currently serving time. | 金融罪犯 |
[00:42] | But you have a very specific conflict of interest | 但是你家庭内部存在非常突出的 |
[00:44] | right in your own home. | 利益冲突 |
[00:45] | Your value to the firm is absolute. | 你对公司的价值毋庸置疑 |
[00:47] | I’ve been working there since before we were married | 我们结婚前我就在那里工作了 |
[00:49] | and long before you were in office. | 比你做检察官早多了 |
[00:51] | I work for the public good. | 我的工作是为公共谋福利 |
[00:52] | No, you work for the good of Chuck Rhoades. | 不 你的工作是为查克·罗德斯谋福利 |
[00:54] | Maybe sometimes they intersect. | 可能有时候它们是同一件事 |
[00:56] | You know the Norton place out at the beach? | 你知道海滩上诺顿那块地方吗 |
[00:58] | I just heard Bobby Axelrod is trying to buy it. | 我刚听说博比·埃克斯罗德打算要买下它 |
[01:00] | – How much? – $83 million. | – 多少钱 – 八千三百万美元 |
[01:02] | People hate guys who buy things like that. | 人们痛恨买得起这些东西的人 |
[01:04] | You said there was only one thing you were afraid of… | 你说你只害怕一件事 |
[01:07] | Guys in windbreakers walking in your office | 穿风衣的人走进你的办公室 |
[01:09] | saying, “Step away from the computer.” | 对你说 “请离开电脑旁” |
[01:11] | And you told me you’d make sure it wouldn’t happen. | 你说你保证这不会发生 |
[01:13] | So let me make sure. | 所以 让我说到做到 |
[01:14] | Steven Birch? | 斯蒂芬·伯奇 |
[01:15] | It’s either him or you. | 不是他就是你 |
[01:16] | Piedmont Capital. | 山麓资本 |
[01:17] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[01:19] | That swap deal he did on Arcadian Railroad… | 他在阿卡迪亚铁路上做的掉期交易 |
[01:21] | Do an autopsy on the deal, | 好好研究这个掉期交易 |
[01:23] | you’ll find yourself a pulitzer in the carcass. | 你会得普利策奖的 |
[01:26] | Front fucking page of the Post. | 邮报的头版头条 |
[01:29] | It’s like he’s daring you. | 看来他在挑衅你 |
[01:31] | There’s movement. | 他们开始行动了 |
[01:32] | It’s likely they’ve opened a case file on you. | 他们可能已经对你立案了 |
[01:35] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[01:37] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[01:58] | No, Pete, the gold standard is never coming back. | 不 彼得 我们不会再使用金本位制了 |
[02:01] | And if it did, this world would be so fucked, | 如果继续使用这个体制 整个世界就乱套了 |
[02:03] | I’d buy space travel, not gold. | 我要买也是买太空旅行 不是黄金 |
[02:05] | Nice pitch, though. | 点子还是不错的 |
[02:07] | If I’d have known it was a gold play, | 如果我知道他要说的是买黄金 |
[02:08] | I’d have never put him through. | 我绝不会把电话接进来 |
[02:09] | Always put that lunatic through. | 他虽然蠢 电话还是要接进来 |
[02:11] | One out of every 200 ideas he has is fucking brilliant. | 他出两百个点子 还是能他妈有一个妙招的 |
[02:14] | I got this. | 我来拿吧 |
[02:20] | Bad idea. | 这主意真糟糕 |
[02:21] | “No man is a hero to his valet.” | “仆人眼里无英雄” |
[02:24] | That goes double for his C.O.O., | 这对首席运营官来说 更是如此 |
[02:26] | so you are fucked with me either way. | 不管怎么样 你他妈都得和我待在一起 |
[02:28] | Let’s take a car to the city instead of flying. | 这次不要开飞机了 我们开车去城里吧 |
[02:30] | What’s underneath this? | 什么意思 |
[02:32] | Look, if the U.S. Attorney is really coming, | 听着 如果联邦检察官真的要来 |
[02:35] | maybe it’s better if we don’t make you more of a target. | 也许你低调一点会更好 |
[02:39] | And more important, Garth Sykes from flagship. | 更重要的是旗舰基金的加斯·赛克斯 |
[02:42] | Hated seeing you on the cover of the post | 不想看到你上杂志的封面 |
[02:44] | with that goddamned oceanfront mansion. | 背后是那幢该死的豪宅 |
[02:46] | Teachers in that pension fund make 40 grand a year. | 拿那种养老金的教师一年赚四万美元 |
[02:48] | People who have it spend it. | 有钱的人就要会花钱 |
[02:50] | People who don’t have it | 没钱的人 |
[02:51] | like billies better who spend on other folks. | 更喜欢富翁把钱花在其他普通人身上 |
[02:53] | Charity, good works. | 做慈善是个好主意 |
[02:54] | I do, I have, and you know it. | 我知道 我也在做 你知道的 |
[02:56] | Today, they only remember the house. | 如今他们只记得那个别墅 |
[02:59] | I have a feeling there’ll be another one of us | 我感觉 很快就会有 |
[03:01] | on the front pages soon enough, | 另一个富翁上头版 |
[03:02] | and they’ll forget about that. | 然后大家都会忘了这件事 |
[03:03] | But if flagship does try and withdraw… | 但如果旗舰试图撤回… |
[03:05] | We can’t let him. | 我们不能让他得逞 |
[03:07] | If flagship pulls its $1.5 billion, | 如果旗舰撤回它的十五亿美元 |
[03:09] | it gets public. | 大家都会知道的 |
[03:10] | Other institutions go, too. | 其他的机构就会效仿 |
[03:12] | Whole thing could domino. | 会有连锁反应 |
[03:14] | Get with Sykes, keep them on board. | 与赛克斯打好关系 留着他们 |
[03:15] | That’s just why I’m telling you | 所以我才告诉你 |
[03:17] | to keep it a little more low-key. | 让你低调一点 |
[03:18] | Who’s more low-key than me? | 还有谁比我更低调 |
[03:45] | So, the key to bagging Axe is… ? | 所以 逮住埃克斯的关键就是… |
[03:50] | – Pete Decker. – Oh. | – 彼得·戴克 – 喔 |
[03:51] | His fund. Has to be. | 还有他的基金 |
[03:52] | We start with Decker | 我们先从戴克下手 |
[03:54] | since he had the longest tenure at Axe Capital | 因为他是在埃克斯的支持下离开的任重 |
[03:55] | of anyone who left with Axe’s backing. | 在埃克斯资本任职时间最长的人 |
[03:58] | Get me some more of those cold sesame noodles, would you? | 给我吃点你的麻酱冷面吗 |
[04:00] | No, these are… these are Dandan noodles. | 我吃的是担担面 |
[04:02] | Same fucking thing. | 这他妈不是一个东西吗 |
[04:05] | No. No, one’s Szechuan, | 当然不是 一个是四川美食 |
[04:06] | the other taiwanese. | 另一个是台湾美食 |
[04:07] | It’s a whole thing. | 两者完全不一样 |
[04:08] | You know, this is why I don’t mind the hours. | 这就是我不介意加班的原因 |
[04:10] | I’m always learning something on the job. It’s incredible. | 我总是能在工作中学到东西 多棒啊 |
[04:13] | Yeah, tell him about General Tso’s, Bryan. | 快跟他讲一下左宗堂鸡 布莱恩 |
[04:14] | Oh, no, he flings this shit at you, too? | 不会吧 他也说这种废话给你听吗 |
[04:16] | Sprays it all around. | 见人就说 |
[04:18] | The only place you’ve ever been is Asia, | 你只去过亚洲 |
[04:19] | you can’t help yourself. | 你情难自已 |
[04:21] | Here… indictments on that Ponzi thing. | 那个庞氏骗局的起诉书 |
[04:24] | Tell me about the general, Bryan. Come on. | 布莱恩 给我讲讲将军的事 快讲讲 |
[04:26] | Well, now you’ve done it. | 你这是自讨苦吃 |
[04:29] | General Tso, he was a statesman in the Qing dynasty. | 左将军是清朝大臣 |
[04:32] | Suppressed a revolution. | 镇压了一次运动 |
[04:32] | 1864年8月 左宗棠与曾国藩镇压了 洪秀全长子洪天贵福的天平运动 | |
[04:34] | Oh, and now he has the true glory. | 现在他获得了如此殊荣 |
[04:36] | A fried chicken dish named for him the world over, huh? | 地球另一端一道炸鸡的菜以他命名 对吧 |
[04:38] | That was created in America. | 菜是在美国发明的 |
[04:40] | Maybe after we nail Axe, they’ll reciprocate… | 也许我们扳倒埃克斯之后 作为回报 |
[04:43] | Name a dish after you in China, huh? | 在中国也有一道菜以你命名 对吧 |
[04:44] | Oh-ho. General Chuck’s? | 查克将军菜么 |
[04:47] | Really, what would that… what would that look like, | 说真的 那东西会长什么样呢 |
[04:48] | a burger with the cheese cooked on the inside? | 芝士汉堡吗 |
[04:51] | You really think I could ever be that richly honored? | 你真觉得我能获此殊荣 |
[04:54] | Hey, I will make it so. | 我会让你愿望实现的 |
[04:56] | Not if we’re still stuck. | 前提是我们摆脱困局 |
[04:58] | We need to find a way to get Pete Decker on the hook, right? | 我们需要想办法让彼得·戴克上钩 是吧 |
[05:02] | Decker hires young, and he pays at the top of the range. | 戴克雇用年轻人 他给的工资行业最高 |
[05:06] | Now, once these guys get a taste for that kind of money, | 一旦这帮人尝到了那种钱的甜头 |
[05:08] | they get desperate to keep it going. | 他们会不惜一切继续做下去 |
[05:09] | Start tracking all of his analysts and traders. | 我们开始调查他所有的分析师和操盘手 |
[05:12] | Next one makes a mistake, we’re right there. | 下一个人一出错 我们就抓个正着 |
[05:23] | Nice move. | 干得漂亮 |
[05:25] | Just like smoking in the girls’ bathroom at St. Mary’s. | 感觉就像在圣玛丽教堂的女厕抽烟 |
[05:28] | You had to be quick, or you’d be over a nun’s knee. | 动作要快 要不然修女就打你屁股 |
[05:31] | That’s a fun picture to have in my head. | 可以想象这场面一定很有趣 |
[05:33] | Mm. Yeah. They weren’t that kind of nun. | 没错 她们不是那种修女 |
[05:35] | They looked like Dick Cheney. | 她们像迪克·切尼 |
[05:37] | Look at that. | 你看看 |
[05:40] | That is such a shitty name on such a great building. | 这么好的一栋大楼居然名字这么破 |
[05:44] | Oh, don’t. Don’t focus on that. | 别这样 别关注名字 |
[05:47] | Think of all the good that’s going on here tonight. | 想一想今晚这里会发生的好事 |
[05:50] | Can’t. It mars everything. | 做不到 它让一切黯淡无光 |
[05:53] | The name up there should mean something. | 取这名字肯定意味点什么 |
[05:55] | Should add… add to the luster of the place. | 应该让这个地方蓬荜生辉才是 |
[05:57] | Just don’t look. | 别看了 |
[05:59] | I like the building. | 我喜欢这楼 |
[06:02] | How much? | 有多喜欢 |
[06:07] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[06:11] | They’re about to pass the hat. | 他们马上就要开始募捐了 |
[06:13] | Get rid of this for us, will you? | 帮我们把这解决掉 好吗 |
[06:15] | Mm-hmm. | 当然 |
[06:30] | – Bobby! – Birchy! | – 博比 – 伯奇 |
[06:31] | Pchoo! Blow it up. | 真高兴见到你 |
[06:39] | Yeah, baby. | 就是这样 宝贝 |
[06:44] | What are you doing to me? | 瞧你对我做了什么 |
[06:46] | You’re making me weak. | 我整个人都虚了 |
[06:56] | Time to power up. | 给你加点劲 |
[07:06] | That hits the spot. | 好爽 |
[07:14] | Oh, fuck. | 操 |
[07:16] | It’s work. | 是工作的事 |
[07:18] | It’s my work ring. | 那是我工作铃声 |
[07:19] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[07:22] | It’s Kornbluth. | 我是恩布鲁斯 |
[07:24] | Thought you left white-collar crime to cover the election. | 我以为你放弃白领犯罪去报道选举了 |
[07:26] | That’s true, | 这倒是没错 |
[07:27] | but I stumbled onto one too good to give someone else. | 但是我碰到了一个好料 给别人可惜了 |
[07:29] | Get to it. | 说正事 |
[07:32] | What do you know | 斯蒂芬·伯奇 |
[07:33] | about Steven Birch and Arcadian Railroad? | 和阿卡迪亚铁路的事你知道多少 |
[07:35] | What? What do you have? | 怎么了 你知道些什么 |
[07:37] | Birch made a big play in the railroad… | 伯奇在铁路上有大动作 |
[07:38] | Captured 43% before good numbers, | 在数据公布前就获利43% |
[07:40] | and expansion plans were announced | 扩展计划虽然宣布了 |
[07:42] | with inside information. | 但是存在内部消息 |
[07:44] | We want to know | 我们想知道 |
[07:45] | where the U.S. Attorney for the Southern district | 南区的联邦检察官在这次调查中 |
[07:47] | stands on an investigation. | 是什么立场 |
[07:48] | I’m posting this on the web in five minutes. | 我五分钟后就要把报道发到网上 |
[07:50] | It’s already on the desk. | 文章已经写好了 |
[07:51] | It’d be better | 如果你能给个评论 |
[07:52] | with a comment for you… | 就更好了 |
[07:54] | But I can’t wait. | 但是我等不及了 |
[07:56] | It’s late. That might not be enough time to get a comment. | 大晚上的 根本没时间发表什么评论 |
[07:58] | I’m posting it. We can’t get beat on this story. | 我要发布了 这件事我们一定要抢首发 |
[08:00] | You can’t run it without a motherfucking quote. | 他妈的你没有引述不能就这么发了 |
[08:05] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[08:08] | Tara Mohr? | 泰拉·莫尔 |
[08:09] | Yeah, you’re on speaker. | 我开免提了 |
[08:11] | Financial Journal called | 金融日报的人打电话 |
[08:12] | for comment on Steven Birch. | 问我要关于斯蒂芬·伯奇的评论 |
[08:15] | What about him? | 关于他的什么事 |
[08:16] | They’re running a story | 他们在写一篇报道 |
[08:17] | that he made illegal trades on Arcadian Railroad | 说他在阿卡迪亚铁路的交易中存在违法交易 |
[08:19] | and that the evidence is incontrovertible. | 而且铁证如山 |
[08:22] | Stall while we check. | 你先拖住他 我们查查 |
[08:23] | But this sounds like bullshit. | 但这听起来就是胡说的 |
[08:25] | I mean, how could the paper have that | 我是说 我们和联邦调查局都没证据 |
[08:26] | before we do… or the FBI? | 这份报纸怎么会有 |
[08:28] | You know, I went to school with a few guys who work for Birch. | 我有几个同学在给伯奇做事 |
[08:30] | – You want me to… – Yes, right now. | – 要不要我去 – 马上去 |
[08:33] | Get Terri McCue over at FBI | 你也马上联系联邦调查局的特里·麦丘 |
[08:35] | up on this, too… now. | 让她去调查 立刻 |
[08:36] | Right. | 好的 |
[08:40] | I’m not tolling any bells for you, Bobby. | 博比 我可不是给你敲丧钟 |
[08:43] | Sounds a bit like you are. | 听起来倒像是在敲丧钟 |
[08:44] | There’s a reason you retained my firm. | 你聘请我的律所是有原因的 |
[08:46] | Ah, fuck the firm… A bunch of rich, young lawyers. | 去他妈的律所 就是一群有钱的年轻律师 |
[08:49] | There’s a reason you retained me… me. | 你聘请我是有原因的 |
[08:52] | And that is… | 原因是 |
[08:54] | I look far enough down the road | 我的目光够长远 |
[08:56] | to let you avoid the speed traps. | 能让你有效避免风险 |
[08:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:59] | What do you see? | 那你看到什么了 |
[09:00] | U.S. Attorney needs to bag you. | 联邦检察官要逮捕你 |
[09:03] | Rhoades could bring it quick or take two years. | 罗德斯可能动作很快 也可能花上两年时间 |
[09:06] | – Two years? – Then it becomes a three-front war… | – 两年 – 那战争就会有三条战线 |
[09:08] | P.R., redemptions, and the government. | 公关 救赎 还有政府 |
[09:11] | It’s not too early to start a makeover of the firm’s culture. | 现在应该开始转变公司文化了 |
[09:14] | What fucking culture? | 什么狗屁文化 |
[09:15] | Big returns that beat the street by double digits | 我们的高回率比华尔街多出两位数 |
[09:17] | year in, year out, making our investors rich? | 年复一年 让我们的投资人越来越富 |
[09:19] | – That culture? – No… the rep. | – 就这种文化 – 不 是名声 |
[09:21] | Smart money… maybe a little too smart. | 掌握内情赚的钱 可能赚得太多了 |
[09:24] | If they bring an action, | 如果他们起诉 |
[09:26] | the whole strategy becomes about leveraging a settlement… | 整体策略就是如何进行和解 |
[09:29] | A deferred prosecution agreement and forfeiture | 接收延迟公诉协议和没收财产 |
[09:31] | that lets you keep working. | 这些能让你继续工作 |
[09:32] | And the best way to | 想实现这两点 |
[09:33] | get that is to act like you’d never settle. | 最好的办法就是表现出你绝不接受和解的态度 |
[09:36] | I’d never settle. | 我绝不和解 |
[09:37] | That’s the public posture, for sure. | 当然 这是面对公众的姿态 |
[09:40] | I’d never settle. | 我绝不和解 |
[09:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:44] | That’s a good delivery. That’ll work. | 演得不错 会有用的 |
[09:46] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[09:47] | I’m gonna go find my table. | 我要去找我的座位了 |
[09:49] | Thank you. How you doing? | 谢谢各位 大家好 |
[09:52] | My name is Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller, | 我是潘恩与泰勒的潘恩·吉雷特 |
[09:54] | and we’re gonna give as much money as we can. | 我们能捐多少就捐多少 |
[09:57] | I will hurt myself, | 我愿意伤害自己 |
[09:59] | then you will hurt yourself with money. | 所以你们也愿意捐钱来伤害自己 |
[10:02] | Gonna look like this. | 就像这样 |
[10:12] | Think about how much that hurts | 想想我有多么疼 |
[10:14] | and think about how good you would feel | 再想想你们捐了一百万美金 |
[10:16] | if you gave a million dollars. | 会有多么开心 |
[10:18] | Who’s giving a million dollars? Stand up. | 谁要捐一百万美金 请起立 |
[10:20] | Come on! A million dollars! | 来吧 一百万美金 |
[10:21] | Starting at a stick. Fuck it. | 用烧火棍开场 妈的 |
[10:25] | $1 million! | 一百万美元 |
[10:27] | I’ll do it. I’ll do it. | 我站起来吧 |
[10:31] | Oh! You’re a good man! | 你是个好人 |
[10:33] | No better than you. | 和你没法比 |
[10:38] | Wonderful. Wonderful. That’s good. | 太棒了 这真是太棒了 |
[10:40] | Who are the cheapskates giving a half a million? | 谁是捐五十万美元的小气鬼 |
[10:42] | Come on! | 快点 |
[10:43] | Come on. Half a million up there. | 快点 五十万的 站起来 |
[10:47] | Get the fuck up, | 你他妈赶紧站起来 |
[10:48] | or people will think I’m not paying you enough. | 要不然别人还以为我给你的工资太少呢 |
[10:56] | Can I see $250,000? | 让我看见捐二十五万美元金 |
[10:57] | I’ll get everybody standing up eventually. | 反正我要让每个人都站起来 |
[10:59] | They will not let Teller go unless everybody stands up. | 除非大家都起立 否则他们不会让我走的 |
[11:01] | 内部交易证据 Piedmont Capital首席执行官Steven Birch 利用非公开信息进行交易 | |
[11:02] | How about $250,000 over here? | 那边有没有捐二十五万美元的 |
[11:05] | Holy shit. | 我的天哪 |
[11:06] | Financial Journal just posted Birch. | 金融日报刚刚发布了伯奇的事 |
[11:13] | 100 grand… stand up. | 捐十万美元的 请起立 |
[11:27] | Anybody else? | 还有人吗 |
[11:28] | Anybody making $50,000? How about $25,000? | 有人捐五万美元吗 两万五千美元呢 |
[11:31] | He’s gonna want that million back. | 他肯定想把那一百万要回来 |
[11:38] | Everybody should be standing up at this point! | 都到这时候了候 每个人都应该起立了 |
[11:54] | Hey. You need a minute before we… | 你需要点时间 |
[11:56] | For what? | 做什么 |
[11:57] | Pump-up sesh for the morning meeting, | 开会前热身 |
[11:59] | like every week. | 每周都要做 |
[12:00] | Not happening. | 没门 |
[12:02] | Oh, what the fuck, Wend? I count on it. | 温蒂 他妈的你搞什么啊 我可指着这件事呢 |
[12:05] | It’s how I get in there and deal with those animals. | 只有这样我才进去对付那帮禽兽 |
[12:07] | Canceled until further notice. | 已取消 等进一步通知 |
[12:09] | You don’t need it… not anymore. | 你不再需要它了 |
[12:12] | You’re the best P.M. on the floor. | 你是最好的项目经理 |
[12:14] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[12:16] | They’re fucking sure of it. | 他们他妈的也非常清楚 |
[12:17] | Those animals are used to you putting them down now. | 这些禽兽都习惯了你让他们出丑 |
[12:19] | Hardly even whimper as it happens. | 他们甚至都不敢发牢骚 |
[12:21] | Our sesh, while fun, is a waste of your time. | 热身虽然乐趣 但缺是在浪费你的时间 |
[12:24] | And mine. | 也是浪费我的时间 |
[12:25] | Go get ’em! | 去搞定他们吧 |
[12:28] | Fuckin’ a. | 真他妈棒 |
[12:34] | You just did it, didn’t you? | 你刚刚这么做了 是不是 |
[12:41] | All right. | 好了 |
[12:42] | 3 feet apart, all right? | 间隔三英尺 明白吗 |
[12:44] | Tres, all right? | 是三英尺 知道了吗 |
[12:45] | And mucha agua en la mañana. | 早晨水分很充足 |
[12:48] | Can you tell him no food and lots of water in the morning? | 你能告诉他早上不要施肥 不要浇太多水吗 |
[12:50] | – He knows. – Does he? Yeah? | – 他知道的 – 真的吗 |
[12:52] | ‘Cause I don’t feel like I’m getting much back from him. | 我没觉得我从他那里得到肯定答复 |
[12:54] | I know you get it. | 我知道你是明白了 |
[12:56] | You know Lu wants to do zucchini flowers on special | 你知道现在严寒已经结束了 |
[12:58] | now that the frost is gone, | 露特别想要种西葫芦花 |
[12:59] | so let’s be ready when they come in. | 所以准备好丰收吧 |
[13:00] | You got it, boss. | 明白 老板 |
[13:02] | All right, ladies and gentlemen. | 好了 女士们先生们 |
[13:03] | We are up 32% year-to-date, | 年初至今我们上涨了32% |
[13:05] | and we are open to all moneymaking ideas. | 只要能赚钱的点子我们都接受 |
[13:08] | Longs, shorts, sells, covers… | 做多 做空 抛售 |
[13:10] | all Alpha welcome. | 还是完成抵消交易 全都欢迎 |
[13:12] | The choppy waters out there are perfect… for us. | 对我们来说 越是波涛暗涌对我们就越有利 |
[13:16] | For the average investor, hell no. | 对于一般投资者 当然不是 |
[13:19] | But never forget… what’s bad for him is good for us. | 千万不要忘了 他人的不幸就是我们的财富 |
[13:22] | If… if we’re as smart as we think we are. | 前提是 我们如自己所想的那样聪明 |
[13:27] | If not, the heat’ll melt us like an almond joy in the sun. | 如果不是 我们在骄阳下就会像杏仁一样融化 |
[13:32] | So, are you smart enough? | 所以 你们够聪明吗 |
[13:34] | Some of us fuckin’ are. | 有些人还真他的够聪明 |
[13:38] | How about you, Pouch? | 那你呢 庞奇 |
[13:40] | How am I supposed to answer that? | 我该怎么回答这个问题 |
[13:42] | You already have. | 你已经回答了 |
[13:44] | Sadly. | 真不幸 |
[13:45] | What happened on Eureka Trans-ship? | 欧蕾卡中转交易时候发生了什么 |
[13:47] | You knew they were gonna whiff their numbers. | 你知道他们吸纳资金 |
[13:49] | Why didn’t you bang the short harder? | 为什么不多做空一点 |
[13:51] | You left 5 fucking percent on the table. | 你多留了该死的5% |
[13:52] | I thought they were gonna whiff, but I didn’t know. | 我以为他们要吸纳了 谁知道没有 |
[13:55] | You are such a pussy on the short side. | 你做空的本事就像个娘们 |
[13:59] | Go home and get your fuckin’ shinebox. | 回家好好找找男人本色吧 |
[14:01] | Insulted him a little bit. | 有点侮辱他了 |
[14:02] | Yeah, a little bit. | 是啊 有点 |
[14:03] | Axe, you saw my position. | 埃克斯 你明白我的处境 |
[14:05] | You could have upped him. | 你可以让他增加资金的 |
[14:06] | That’s what I’m paying you for. | 我付钱给你就是让你办这事的 |
[14:07] | You see an opportunity like that again, you grab it | 下一次你再有这种机会 你就像见到马鞭一样 |
[14:10] | like it’s a horse cock and you’re Catherine the Great. | 抓住它 想象自己就是凯瑟琳大帝 |
[14:13] | Okay, okay. | 好了 |
[14:15] | Saldana, why are we still tied up in those hospitals? | 萨尔达纳 为什么我们还在做医院的项目 |
[14:19] | Baby boomers. | 婴儿潮一代问题 |
[14:20] | They’re getting old, so they’re getting sick. | 他们年纪大了 开始生病了 |
[14:22] | When the group reports patient volumes, | 当各公司报告病人数量的时候 |
[14:24] | it’s gonna overshoot street expectations. | 将会超过我们的预期 |
[14:26] | We’re talking 10% move. | 我们说的是10%的变化 |
[14:28] | That incremental revenue will drop right to the bottom line, | 增量收入将会下降到最低 |
[14:30] | and the stock’s gonna pop like a prom queen’s cherry. | 股市会像舞会女王的处女膜一样爆开 |
[14:34] | Good fucking answer. | 回答得真他妈好 |
[14:36] | It really is. God damn it. | 真的好 见鬼 |
[14:38] | Okay, new-idea time. | 好了 说说新观点 |
[14:42] | Donnie Caan, what do you have for us? | 唐尼·卡恩 你为我们准备了什么 |
[14:45] | I think apple still has room to move north. | 我认为苹果还有上升的空间 |
[14:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:52] | Our investors pay us a 3% management fee | 投资者支付我们3%的管理费 |
[14:55] | and 30% of their profits, | 和30%的利润 |
[14:56] | and you want me to tell them | 你希望我告诉他们 |
[14:58] | we’re buying some fucking apple? | 我们只是用来买该死的苹果 |
[15:01] | Sorry, Axe. | 抱歉 埃克斯 |
[15:02] | I-I guess I’m just not seeing the matrix right now. | 我 我刚才只是没有考虑到形势 |
[15:06] | That’s a little unsettling, Donnie… | 这可有点令人不安 唐尼 |
[15:08] | Since seeing the matrix is your entire fucking job. | 考虑问题的形势就是你的全部工作 |
[15:10] | It’s kind of like if you were a hurdler | 这就好像你是跨栏选手 |
[15:12] | and instead of jumping over the fucking hurdles… | 你却不去跨过该死的障碍物 |
[15:14] | It’s okay, Donnie. | 没关系 唐尼 |
[15:16] | You’ll see it again. | 下次你会注意的 |
[15:17] | Hang in. | 别泄气 |
[15:18] | Okay, guys? | 好了 伙计们 |
[15:21] | Let’s go out there, bring some meat back to camp. | 去工作吧 记得打点肉回来 |
[15:23] | Or some nuts. | 或者坚果 |
[15:24] | Hunt or gather. | 不去打猎就去采集 |
[15:30] | I’m sorry. I tried to give you the heads-up, but… | 抱歉 我想要先给你通报一下 但是 |
[15:36] | Phones down. | 放下电话 |
[15:38] | We’re S.E.C. Compliance. | 我们是证交会的 |
[15:40] | I need all portfolio managers and analysts | 所有的组合投资经理和分析师 |
[15:42] | to return to their desks. | 回到他们的座位 |
[15:44] | Traders, stay here. | 操盘手 留下 |
[15:46] | Case officers will meet each pod | 案件官员会和你们单独会见 |
[15:48] | and expect full cooperation. | 希望你们充分配合 |
[15:54] | Better answer their questions. Cooperate. | 好好回答他们的问题 记得配合 |
[15:59] | This group of energy trades… | 这批能源交易 |
[16:00] | I’d like you to supply the research behind them. | 我听说你为他们提供研究 |
[16:02] | I was tasked, so I supplied it. | 这是我的任务 所以是由我提供 |
[16:05] | Right, but going through your reports, I see gaps. | 没错 但是从你的报告中 我发现了漏洞 |
[16:07] | Like this boardwalk pipeline move… what supported it? | 比如木板路管道移动 有什么研究支持吗 |
[16:10] | It was an event-driven strategy. | 这是一个事件驱动策略 |
[16:15] | Okay, it was based on an unsolicited tip. | 好吧 是基于主动提供的建议 |
[16:16] | The trade was near 100,000 shares. | 这笔交易将近100万股 |
[16:19] | Close to a $2.5 million position based on a rumor. | 近二百五十万美元的交易就凭一个传言 |
[16:24] | It seemed… | 听起来 |
[16:26] | Solid. | 很可靠 |
[16:28] | Looking at tele-comm… this Verizon trade? | 再说远程通信 威瑞森的这笔交易 |
[16:28] | 一家美国移动网络运营商 目前美国最大的无线通信服务供应商 | |
[16:30] | It’s part of an event-driven macroplay. | 这只是事件驱动的一部分 |
[16:33] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[16:36] | All right, I got a tip. | 好吧 我只是得到了消息 |
[16:37] | And the pharmaceutical trades? | 医药交易呢 |
[16:39] | That was phone-a-tip. | 电话消息 |
[16:40] | Incoming tip. What am I, a fucking schmuck? | 传来的消息 当我是什么 白痴吗 |
[16:43] | Of course I’m gonna listen. | 我当然会注意这些 |
[16:44] | That was a prom-night promise. | 那是舞会夜的承诺 |
[16:47] | And that means… ? | 那就是说 |
[16:49] | “Just the tip.” | 只是给了点消息 |
[16:51] | So, this is your entire book and trading history | 所以 这就是你过去三个月 |
[16:54] | for the past three months? | 全部的账目和交易往来 |
[16:55] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[16:58] | Bit of a rough patch, huh? | 似乎是个低迷期 |
[16:59] | Seriously? | 开什么玩笑 |
[17:02] | I need to see your trades for the past 90 days. | 我需要看到你过去九十天内的交易 |
[17:04] | Unless you got a Wells notice with my name on it, | 除非你有写了我名字的威尔斯通知 |
[17:04] | 美国证交会对于在美上市公司 进行民事诉讼前拍发的非正式提示 | |
[17:06] | you’re not gonna see jack shit. | 不然你什么也不会看到 |
[17:08] | Come on, we can pull it all down from the server anyway, | 少来了 我们一样可以从服务器上找到 |
[17:10] | so you may as well cooperate. | 所以你最好乖乖合作 |
[17:11] | Mm. Good point. | 呃 好主意 |
[17:13] | Lawyer. | 律师 |
[17:14] | Your boss said you should cooperate. | 你老板说过你们应该配合 |
[17:16] | Oh. Lawyer. | 我要找律师 |
[17:18] | Just answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[17:20] | You answer me one. | 你先回答我 |
[17:22] | How much do you make? | 你挣了多少钱 |
[17:27] | I’m gonna need access to your files, paper, and computer. | 我需要查看你的档案 文件 和电脑 |
[17:30] | For what? | 为什么 |
[17:31] | I’m authorized to check that all trades comply… | 我有权检查所有操盘手是否遵从… |
[17:33] | I’m not a trader. | 我不是操盘手 |
[17:34] | Whatever you call yourself, after I review… | 不管你怎么称呼自己 我检查以后 |
[17:36] | My files are confidential. You’re not seeing them. | 我的文件是机密 你无权查看 |
[17:39] | You can call the Attorney General if you want, | 你要是想看的话 可以给总检察官打个电话 |
[17:41] | and tell her I say “Hi” if you do. | 记得帮我问声好 |
[17:43] | We had dinner last month. | 我们上个月一起吃了晚餐 |
[17:45] | Otherwise, fuck off. | 不然的话 滚开 |
[17:58] | Enough. Okay? Enough. | 好了 够了 |
[18:02] | I hope you enjoyed the lifeboat drill this morning. | 希望你们喜欢今早的逃生演习 |
[18:05] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[18:06] | We did not do well. | 我们表现的并不如意 |
[18:08] | In fact, we sank. | 事实上 全军覆没 |
[18:11] | If it were a real S.E.C. raid, we would have been fucked. | 如果这真的是证交会的突袭 我们全都完了 |
[18:14] | Get the fuck out of here. | 去他妈的 |
[18:16] | I shit my pants for nothing? | 我竟然被没有的事吓得屁滚尿流 |
[18:17] | I didn’t do this for my amusement. | 我这么做不是为了自己寻开心 |
[18:19] | What happened to Steven Birch… | 斯蒂芬·伯奇遇到的事情 |
[18:21] | Who I am sure will be cleared of any wrongdoing… | 我相信 他会澄清所有指控的 |
[18:24] | It could happen to us. | 这有可能发生在我们身上 |
[18:26] | So we need to be prepared. | 所以我们要有备无患 |
[18:28] | To that end, say “Hello” | 最后 向我们的 |
[18:30] | to our new and improved compliance department. | 新改进的监察部门打声招呼 |
[18:33] | These assholes work here now? | 这些混蛋要在这工作吗 |
[18:35] | That, they do. | 是的 |
[18:36] | They’re here for our support and our protection, | 他们是来支持和保护我们的 |
[18:39] | and you will not even be taking a piss | 你们就算去小便 |
[18:41] | without them close enough to give it a shake. | 他们也会寸步不离帮你们甩干净的 |
[18:44] | From here on, we evaluate every move… | 从现在起 我们要权衡每一步 |
[18:48] | Not just for the upside, but for its ethical grounding. | 不仅是为了应付上面 也是为了道德基础 |
[18:51] | We have to be more pure | 我们必须比圣母玛丽 |
[18:52] | than the virgin Mary before her first period. | 初潮前还要纯洁 |
[18:54] | Fuck, Wags. | 妈的 瓦格斯 |
[18:56] | How the hell are we supposed to make any money? | 我们还他妈的能赚什么钱呢 |
[19:00] | You think this is a joke, Victor? | 你认为这只是个玩笑吗 维克特 |
[19:04] | You, in particular, were flagged. | 实际上 你是已经被做了标记 |
[19:06] | Flagged? | 标记 |
[19:07] | Your short on that chip maker. | 你做空的那家芯片制造商 |
[19:10] | Eleva Peripherals. | 飞碟设备 |
[19:12] | Netted 38% fresh blubber on that seal hunt. | 它在那次海豹捕猎中捞取了38%的新鲜鲸脂 |
[19:16] | Rotten carcass… over the line. | 腐烂的动物尸体 太过分了 |
[19:20] | We’re lucky the S.E.C. hasn’t come calling already. | 证交会还没给我们打电话已经算走运的了 |
[19:23] | You’re done. | 你完了 |
[19:24] | Fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[19:27] | Clear out. | 你走吧 |
[19:28] | Leave your key cards. | 留下你的门禁卡 |
[19:38] | This is bullshit. | 一派胡言 |
[19:40] | I didn’t do anything out-of-bounds… | 出格的事情 |
[19:41] | No more than anyone else. | 其他人做的也不少啊 |
[19:43] | Did I sign off on that trade? | 我批准过那笔交易吗 |
[19:44] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[19:45] | Don’t say anything else. | 别再说了 |
[19:47] | I trusted you with my name and my capital, | 我信任你 给你资金 |
[19:51] | and you fucked me. | 而你却搞砸了 |
[19:52] | You put us all at risk | 你的欺诈和违法行为 |
[19:55] | with your deceitful, illegal moves. | 让我们陷入险境 |
[19:57] | Now get out of here. | 现在你走吧 |
[20:08] | All right, everybody, back at it. | 好了 大家继续工作吧 |
[20:10] | Play hard, play clean. | 努力工作 干净挣钱 |
[20:13] | Be careful out there. | 都小心点 |
[20:16] | That was a hell of a public spanking. | 好个当众斥责 |
[20:17] | Make sure our investors know about it. | 确保我们的投资人知道这件事 |
[20:19] | On it. | 我会的 |
[20:20] | I’m gonna make sure Garth Sykes hears about it A.S.A.P. | 我会让加斯·赛克斯尽快得知 |
[20:23] | You’re gonna be a god on the street by lunchtime. | 到午休时你会像神灵一样出现在街上了 |
[20:25] | I thought I already was one. | 我以为我已经是了 |
[20:26] | Greater god. | 是更伟大的神了 |
[20:30] | Don’t you fuckin’ touch me! | 别他妈的碰我 |
[20:32] | Or my cellphone. | 和我的手机 |
[20:49] | I was going to tell you about the compliance gag, | 我本打算告诉你关于监察部门的事 |
[20:52] | but you didn’t show up at the charity dinner, | 但是你缺席了慈善晚宴 |
[20:54] | and then… | 然后… |
[20:56] | Then… I was half a hallway from your office. | 然后… 我离你的办公室只有半条走廊 |
[20:59] | Try again. | 换个理由 |
[21:00] | Honest? It was an oversight. | 说实话吗 一个小小的疏忽 |
[21:03] | No, it wasn’t. You don’t make them. | 绝对不是 你从不疏忽 |
[21:04] | And that matters. | 那很重要 |
[21:06] | But what matters more right now is that Victor | 但是现在更重要的是 |
[21:08] | is exactly the wrong person to fire that way. | 维克特确实不应该那样被开除 |
[21:11] | That was spur-of-the-moment. | 那是一时冲动 |
[21:12] | It was a spur-of-the-moment fuck-up. | 一时冲动 结果很糟 |
[21:16] | His entire psychological makeup | 他的全部心理特质 |
[21:18] | sets him up to react very poorly to public humiliation. | 让他被当众羞辱之后会做出极端行为 |
[21:21] | The same things that made him a profit center for you | 他能为你赚钱的本事 |
[21:24] | will make him a difficult adversary | 如果处理不当 |
[21:26] | if he’s not handled right. | 也会让他成为你很难对付的敌人 |
[21:27] | He will stew and obsess | 他不会忘记的 执迷于此 |
[21:29] | and find a way to exact revenge on you. | 然后会找机会报复你 |
[21:32] | Okay. I can see that. | 好的 这点我看得出来 |
[21:34] | Will you fix it? | 你能解决吗 |
[21:38] | Go do it, please. | 帮我解决吧 拜托 |
[21:41] | I made a mistake not looping you in. | 没有告诉你是我的错 |
[21:43] | I admit that. | 我承认 |
[21:44] | “Mistake.” | “错误” |
[21:46] | Last chance. | 最后一次机会 |
[21:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:50] | It was a red team drill. | 紧急团队训练 |
[21:52] | I wanted everybody to react as they would naturally. | 我想看到每个人最本能的反应 |
[21:58] | I left you out on purpose. | 我是故意没有通知你的 |
[22:03] | And I will make it up to you. | 我会补偿你 |
[22:05] | Please deal with Victor. | 维克特的事交给你了 拜托 |
[22:14] | Sean Ayles, please. | 你好 我找肖恩·埃尔斯 |
[22:15] | It’s Lara Axelrod. | 我是拉拉·埃克斯罗德 |
[22:18] | Sean. Hi. | 你好 肖恩 |
[22:19] | This is the call you’ve been waiting for. | 你一直在等我的电话吧 |
[22:20] | I wanted to talk to you about making a donation. | 我想跟你谈谈捐赠的事 |
[22:24] | I figured you would. | 我知道你会接受的 |
[22:26] | And about naming rights. | 还有冠名权的事 |
[22:29] | And so the names on these buildings | 在这些建筑上的名字 |
[22:32] | become more than just identifiers. | 不仅仅是标识 |
[22:35] | They become signifiers of a grander age, | 行业巨头意识到 |
[22:39] | when titans of industry understood | 他们的财富 |
[22:42] | that the purpose of their wealth | 应该用来支持艺术表演 |
[22:44] | was to support the performative arts | 从而提高这座城市的居民 |
[22:46] | to improve the quality of life | 和游客的生活质量 |
[22:48] | for all those who live in and visit this city. | 这时它们就成为了伟大时代的记号 |
[22:52] | Now give me the Gettysburg address. | 告诉我葛底斯堡的地址 |
[22:54] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:56] | That… sounded rehearsed. | 这… 听起来有点做作 |
[23:00] | I’m vamping. | 我是即兴说的 |
[23:02] | I’m in a difficult spot. | 我处境很为难 |
[23:03] | No, yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[23:05] | Because what you need to tell me is that the Eads family | 因为你需要告诉我的是伊兹家族 |
[23:09] | owns the naming rights to this building in perpetuity. | 拥有这栋大楼的永久冠名权 |
[23:13] | But I’m here offering you $100 million, | 但是我可以给你一亿美元 |
[23:16] | which you need to extract somehow | 你想要以某种方法得到 |
[23:18] | without giving me what I want. | 而不用给我想要的东西 |
[23:22] | I’m in a difficult spot. | 我处境很为难 |
[23:23] | No, yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[23:26] | Also, “Performative” Does not mean “Performance.” | 同样 表演 不意味着 有表演能力 |
[23:30] | Most donors like an air of… | 很多捐赠人喜欢某种… |
[23:32] | I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[23:35] | There are other naming opportunities on the ground | 现在有些其他的冠名机会 |
[23:37] | that would give you the status and sense of permanence | 可以彰显你需要的 |
[23:40] | that you need. | 身份和永恒 |
[23:41] | Why is this building so important to you? | 为什么这栋大楼对你如此重要 |
[23:45] | Here’s why it’s important to you. | 告诉你这对你为什么重要吧 |
[23:48] | It’s the only way you are getting even a dollar out of me. | 这是唯一可以让你拿走我半毛钱的办法 |
[23:51] | Now, I happen to have discovered | 现在 我偶然发现 |
[23:53] | that the remaining members of the Eads family | 伊兹家族剩下的人 |
[23:55] | are in a financial pinch. | 面临金融压力 |
[23:57] | They need to raise cash. | 他们需要筹集现金 |
[23:59] | And they will have a hard time | 而且他们 |
[24:00] | getting ahold of the kind of loan they need | 很难获得贷款 |
[24:02] | to pay off their other loans. | 去清偿其他的贷款 |
[24:04] | So, I want you to tell them | 所以 我想让你告诉他们 |
[24:05] | that I will pay them $25 million | 我会给他们两千五百万美元 |
[24:08] | to allow me to replace their family name with mine. | 允许我用我的姓氏取代他们的姓氏 |
[24:13] | Then I will donate the 100, | 然后我会捐出一亿美元 |
[24:16] | and you can begin your renovations. | 而你可以开始你的革新 |
[24:25] | Oh. | 对了 |
[24:28] | There is one condition I’ll need you to sign off on. | 你只需要答应我一个条件 |
[24:38] | Don’t scream. | 别喊出声来 |
[24:40] | Look there. | 看那里 |
[24:45] | What the fuck? | 那他妈的是什么 |
[24:47] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[24:48] | I’m calling the police. | 我叫警察了 |
[24:49] | You don’t want to do that, Tara. | 你不想那么做 泰拉 |
[24:52] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈的是谁 |
[24:54] | Your newest and bestest. | 你最新也是最好的朋友 |
[24:56] | You should stay and listen to me. | 你应该留下来听我说 |
[24:59] | Or else this goes viral. | 否则这个就会传出去 |
[25:02] | You’re making me weak. | 你让我都虚了 |
[25:04] | “You’re making me weak.” | “你让我都虚了” |
[25:08] | We have… we have training against this. | 我们…我们接受遇到类似情况的训练 |
[25:10] | You think you’re gonna fucking blackmail me? | 你认为你能勒索我吗 |
[25:13] | So what? | 那又怎样呢 |
[25:13] | I fuck girls, guys. Who cares? | 我和女孩或者男孩做爱 谁会在意 |
[25:15] | Everyone fucks. | 每个人都会做 |
[25:17] | That thing has no chance to compromise me. | 那种事无法让我妥协 |
[25:20] | I hope it at least gets you off, man. | 希望至少能让你离开 |
[25:23] | What gets me off | 能使我离开的事 |
[25:25] | would disturb you at such a deep level, honey, | 会让你深深地感到不安 宝贝 |
[25:29] | you’d be best-served never to think about it again. | 我会让你满意 你不用担心这事 |
[25:36] | Folks in your line care about that kind of thing, though. | 你们这行的人会在意这种事 |
[25:40] | And this… | 这个… |
[25:42] | Your hair… | 是你的头发… |
[25:44] | Which will test positive for cocaine, | 可以检测出可卡因阳性 |
[25:47] | can be in Chuck Rhoades’ hands within an hour. | 不到一个小时就能落到查克·罗德斯手中 |
[25:51] | You’re gonna watch, listen, and report, | 你要做我们的耳目 给我们汇报 |
[25:55] | and everything’s gonna be fine. | 然后一切都会相安无事 |
[26:01] | It’s a lot to take in. | 需要时间适应一下 |
[26:06] | We’ve already gone through all of this crap. | 我们已经看够这里所有的文件了 |
[26:07] | I heard back from my sources. | 我从线人处得知 |
[26:10] | There’s a war room set up at Birch’s. | 伯奇公司有间作战室 |
[26:12] | Lawyers, accountants… the whole thing. | 律师 会计… 应有尽有 |
[26:14] | Guys at his shop are prepping their résumés. | 他们公司的人都在准备简历 |
[26:16] | Well, if it was just smoke, they’d issue a denial… | 如果只是假新闻 他们会出面否认的 |
[26:19] | Keep working. | 继续查 |
[26:21] | Yeah. They’re treating this article like it’s a warrant. | 好的 他们把这个文章当作了搜查令 |
[26:23] | Somebody wanted to hurt Birch, | 有人想整垮伯奇 |
[26:25] | and they wanted us on the ass end. | 而他们想让我们跟在屁股后面转悠 |
[26:27] | So they leaked it. | 所以他们泄露信息了 |
[26:30] | And I do not like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[26:31] | We need the reins back in our hands. | 我们需要掌控局势 |
[26:33] | Understood. | 明白 |
[26:34] | You want me to stay on this Axe/Decker thing? | 你想让我继续处理埃克斯/戴克案件吗 |
[26:36] | No. Set that aside. | 不 放一边吧 |
[26:39] | Until we know at least as much | 至少在我们掌握的情报 |
[26:40] | as this fucking reporter knows, | 和那帮该死的记者一样多之前 |
[26:42] | let’s keep the brights on Steven Birch. | 我们还是盯紧斯蒂芬·伯奇吧 |
[26:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:45] | Get me every article | 帮我找下兰迪·恩布鲁斯 |
[26:46] | Randy Kornbluth wrote in the past year. | 在过去一年里写的所有文章 |
[26:50] | All of Mike Dimonda’s articles, too. We’ll start there. | 还有麦克·狄梦德的 我们从那里开始 |
[27:07] | Mike. | 麦克 |
[27:14] | Good parlor trick, knowing my address. | 果然消息灵通啊 知道我的地址 |
[27:16] | That’ll look like a fun intimidation tactic | 等我把这写出来的时候 |
[27:19] | when I write this up. | 会让人们觉得这是有趣的恐吓策略 |
[27:20] | Oh. You’re not writing this up. | 你不会报道这事儿的 |
[27:22] | Because that would be a small win, | 因为那只是个小胜利 |
[27:24] | and you’re not in it for small wins. | 而你看不上小胜利 |
[27:26] | No, you’ve come too far. Too young an age for that. | 不 你一路走来不容易 还不想这么早结束 |
[27:28] | I’m in it because people deserve to know the truth | 我这样做是因为人们应该知道事情的真相 |
[27:30] | – about power and money and… whoa. – Wait a minute. | – 关于权利和金钱和… – 等等 |
[27:32] | What are you, Glenn Greenwald all of a sudden? | 你是谁 突然变成格林·沃尔德了吗 |
[27:35] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[27:38] | You know, I’ve, uh, I’ve been reading… | 你知道嘛 我最近一直在读… |
[27:41] | Randy Kornbluth lately. | 兰迪·恩布鲁斯的文章 |
[27:43] | He usually covers state politics. | 他通常涉及国家政治 |
[27:46] | He hasn’t had a hard business story in 18 months, | 他在十八个月内都没有报道商业故事了 |
[27:49] | but all of a sudden, | 但是突然之间 |
[27:50] | he hooks into a full-blown crime story… | 就写了一篇关于斯蒂芬·伯奇的 |
[27:53] | On Steven Birch. | 精彩犯罪揭秘 |
[27:56] | His article quotes | 文章中引用了 |
[27:57] | former federal prosecutor James Robbins, | 前联邦检察官詹姆斯·罗宾斯的话 |
[28:00] | who says that the connection | 对冲基金和公司高管之间 |
[28:02] | between hedge funds and company officials | 存在的一切联系 |
[28:04] | must be probed. | 都值得好好调查 |
[28:08] | You know who else likes quoting James Robbins? | 你知道还有谁喜欢引用詹姆斯·罗宾斯吗 |
[28:10] | You. | 你 |
[28:12] | Seven times in the past six months. | 六个月里共引用了七次 |
[28:14] | He’s a widely respected source with connections… | 他很有人脉且消息可靠 很多人都 |
[28:16] | He’s a fucking rent-a-quote. | 给他点钱让他说什么都行 |
[28:18] | I know you really wrote the Birch story, | 我知道关于伯奇的文章是你写的 |
[28:21] | and I think I know why you chose to hide that fact. | 我也知道你为什么不承认 |
[28:26] | If I am such a careerist, | 如果我真的野心勃勃 |
[28:28] | why would I ever hide something that good? | 又何必隐瞒对职业生涯明显有益的好事 |
[28:29] | ‘Cause you thought it would endear you to someone. | 因为你觉得这会让某些人更喜欢你 |
[28:34] | What you should have done, | 如果你真要玩这种高端游戏 |
[28:35] | if you were really playing an elevated game, | 正确的做法是 |
[28:38] | was come to me with what you had. | 带着你知道的一切 来找我 |
[28:40] | See, if I had something better to give you | 我愿意拿一切我有的 你要的 |
[28:42] | in exchange for you holding on to it… | 来换你掌握的情报 |
[28:43] | You have never been willing to play any kind of game with me. | 你从来不乐意跟我玩游戏 |
[28:46] | I didn’t know you were ready to play in the bigs, man. | 我以前不知道你已经准备好玩大的了 |
[28:49] | Now I do. | 现在我知道了 |
[28:50] | So, these are the rules. You tell me who fed you that… | 所以规则就是 你告诉我谁给你的情报 |
[28:54] | No. | 不可能 |
[28:55] | I’m gonna head inside. | 我要进去了 |
[28:57] | Because this conversation has peaked, | 因为这次谈话已经到头了 |
[29:00] | and you don’t get to tell me the rules. | 而且也轮不到你来教我规矩 |
[29:03] | You’re correct. | 你说的对 |
[29:04] | I’m not gonna write up this ambush. | 我不打算曝光这次伏击会面 |
[29:07] | But I can. | 但我可以改变主意 |
[29:08] | Anytime I want to. | 随时 |
[29:11] | So think about that the next time | 所以下次在记者招待会不想见我 |
[29:13] | you try and bar me from a press conference | 或是不接我电话的时候 |
[29:15] | or dodge my call. | 多考虑考虑 |
[29:17] | Have a good night. | 晚安 |
[29:32] | All right. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:41] | You know what? | 听我说 |
[29:43] | Here’s the $20 | 这是二十块钱 |
[29:44] | for whatever the guy in the blue shirt back there wants. | 算我为后面那个穿蓝衬衫的买单 |
[29:46] | – I got you. – Okay, thank you. | – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[29:48] | Okay, guys, let’s go. Come on. | 走吧 孩子们 |
[29:50] | Now, you guys remember | 你们记不记得 |
[29:51] | when we threw grandpa a surprise party for his birthday | 我们给爷爷办生日惊喜派对的时候 |
[29:54] | and we all had to keep the secret? | 我们都没告诉他这件事 |
[29:55] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[29:56] | Okay. Why do we have to keep the secret? | 那么 为什么我们不告诉他 |
[29:58] | To make Grandpa happy. | 为了让他高兴 |
[29:59] | Right. So this is like that, okay? | 没错 现在跟那时候是一样的 |
[30:01] | We don’t tell anyone about the doughnuts | 为了让妈妈高兴 |
[30:03] | to make Mommy happy. | 我们不能告诉任何人甜甜圈的事 |
[30:05] | Okay? | 知道了吗 |
[30:07] | Rhoades! | 罗德斯 |
[30:08] | Don’t you walk away before you meet my kids. | 走之前怎么不先见见我的孩子 |
[30:12] | Mr. Kroll, we are in a public place… | 克罗尔先生 我们现在在公共场所 |
[30:15] | With, uh, as you say, our children. | 还带着孩子 |
[30:18] | Uh, why don’t you guys go sit on the bench over there, okay? | 你们先去长椅那里坐坐好吗 |
[30:21] | Take your sister over there. | 带你妹妹过去 |
[30:23] | I-I don’t need your, um… Kindness now. | 我不需要你的慈悲 现在不要 |
[30:28] | I-I needed it at sentencing. | 判决的时候倒是需要 |
[30:33] | This is Margo and Stevie. | 这是玛戈尔和史蒂夫 |
[30:37] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[30:39] | I kept them out of school today so we could be together | 今天他们没去上学 这样我们能聚一下 |
[30:41] | because I go to prison tomorrow. | 因为我明天就要去坐牢了 |
[30:44] | How do you live with yourself? | 你是怎么做到让自己心安的 |
[30:46] | How? | 怎么做到的 |
[30:50] | I think long and hard | 任何案子 |
[30:51] | before any prosecution in my office goes forward. | 在正式起诉之前我都会仔细考量 |
[30:55] | And I’m proudest of the cases I choose not to prosecute. | 我很自豪有些案子可以不用起诉 |
[30:59] | But when I go forward, it’s full guns. | 但是如果决定诉讼了 必定全力以赴 |
[31:02] | I made one goddamn mistake. | 我只是犯了个错误 |
[31:05] | And who got hurt? | 又没有人受到伤害 |
[31:07] | No one. | 一个都没有 |
[31:08] | You could have let it go. | 你可以放过我的 |
[31:09] | You committed mail fraud. | 你实施了邮件诈骗 |
[31:11] | And you knew that my wife had died… | 你知道我妻子去世了 |
[31:14] | Suddenly… | 很突然 |
[31:16] | And that I was desperate and lost. | 我绝望又迷茫 |
[31:18] | Y-you read the articles. | 你读过那篇文章的 |
[31:20] | You… you got letters from 100 people | 有超过一百人写信为我担保 |
[31:21] | who vouched for the man that I was and would be again. | 证明以前我不是这样 以后也不会再犯 |
[31:25] | I’m what those kids have left. | 我是孩子们的全部 |
[31:28] | And they won’t have me again for four years. | 而未来四年里他们都见不到我了 |
[31:34] | Have a nice stroll with yours. | 好好享受你的亲子散步吧 |
[31:36] | And take your fucking $20 | 赶紧拿走你他妈的二十块钱 |
[31:37] | or just… leave it here for the birds to pick at. | 或者干脆留给小鸟慢慢啄 |
[31:43] | Let’s go, kids. | 走了 孩子们 |
[31:44] | Daddy’s done with this asshole. | 爸爸跟那个混蛋谈完了 |
[31:51] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
[31:56] | I want to give you a short | 我要你来做个 |
[31:57] | that you’re not gonna bail on too quick. | 不会太快出手的短仓 |
[32:00] | Do you know Cross-co.? | 知不知道克罗斯公司 |
[32:02] | Cross-co. Trucking. I’ve been tracking it. | 克罗斯公司 货运公司 我一直关注着 |
[32:04] | Mid-size firm, has a big distribution contract | 中型企业 和美味时光那家面包公司 |
[32:06] | with that bakery company Yumtime. | 签了经销合同 |
[32:08] | Been holding 50. | 股价保持在五十左右 |
[32:10] | Fundamentals are solid. | 基础扎实 |
[32:12] | I don’t see the short play. | 没看出有做短仓的机会 |
[32:14] | I don’t need you to see it. I need you to do it. | 我不需要你看出来 我需要你做出来 |
[32:17] | We’ll get 50 on the tape. We’ll size up later. | 五十会被记录下来 以后再评估 |
[32:21] | You got a fucking problem with this? | 有问题 |
[32:25] | No. | 没有 |
[32:33] | You plug that investor leakage? | 堵住撤资的漏洞没 |
[32:35] | I thought I’d done exactly that, | 我以为我能做到的 |
[32:37] | but I haven’t been able to get Garth Sykes on the phone. | 但加斯·赛克斯不接电话 |
[32:40] | He bails, it hurts us. | 他跑了 我们会因此大伤元气 |
[32:42] | Yeah. I tried. | 没错 我尽力了 |
[32:44] | But I think I need you to show face with this guy. | 不过我觉得必须你亲自出马才有用 |
[32:46] | You got this. | 你来处理 |
[32:48] | That’s why I have you. | 我雇你就是干这个的 |
[32:53] | That fucker thinks that if you come running over here, | 那个杂种以为你来了 |
[32:55] | I’m gonna forget he fired me in front of everyone I know? | 我就能忘记他当着所有人的面解雇我的事了 |
[32:58] | Who knows what he thinks? | 谁知道他怎么想的 |
[33:00] | One minute, you’re his most trusted advisor, | 前一秒 你还是他最信任的顾问 |
[33:02] | the next, you’re on the outside. | 下一秒 你就出局了 |
[33:04] | I’m here because… | 我来这里是因为 |
[33:06] | I think you might make it worse for yourself, | 你可能会使情况对你更不利 |
[33:07] | and I don’t want to see that. | 而我不想看到你那样 |
[33:09] | The money I made him… | 我为他赚了那么多钱 |
[33:11] | He treated me like a lowlife. | 他对我就好像对待一个下等人 |
[33:13] | And that’s a trigger for you. | 而这让你很受伤 |
[33:15] | Everyone laughing at me growing up. | 从小每个人都在嘲笑我 |
[33:17] | The dyslexia. | 失读症 |
[33:19] | Even the teachers. | 连老师都是 |
[33:20] | I sent every one of those pricks | 当我赚到第一个一百万时 |
[33:22] | a photo of my first million-dollar bonus check. | 我给每一个嘲笑过我的人发了支票的照片 |
[33:24] | That made you feel really good for about 24 hours, | 而那让你狠狠开心了二十四小时 |
[33:28] | and then you hated yourself | 但随后你就恨死了自己 |
[33:29] | for letting them know they ever got to you. | 怎么能让他们知道你如此在乎 |
[33:31] | Kind of. | 差不多吧 |
[33:32] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[33:35] | This is different. | 但这次不同 |
[33:37] | I know plenty about how Axe Capital works… | 我清楚埃克斯资本是如何运作的 |
[33:39] | The dirty edge… | 见不得光的那种 |
[33:41] | The proprietary trading techniques. | 自营交易技巧 |
[33:43] | I know how the secret sauce is made. | 我知道独家秘方是怎么制成的 |
[33:45] | Yeah. I’m sure you could put out | 我确信关于这个地方你能写出 |
[33:47] | a Schott’s miscellany about the place. | 一整套《肖特的杂记》(记录英国琐事的书) |
[33:48] | Schott’s? | 肖特 |
[33:49] | It’s like a farmer’s almanac for non-farm stuff. | 就像是农民写的和农事无关的年鉴 |
[33:52] | Then, yeah, I could put out a couple of volumes | 那么关于这个地方 我的确可以写出 |
[33:55] | of Schott’s miscellany about the place. | 好几部《肖特的杂记》 |
[33:57] | You just need to ask yourself one question first… | 你只需要先问自己一个问题 |
[33:59] | Are you rich enough to never get another job? | 你已经足够富裕到再也不用找工作了吗 |
[34:06] | I did work for that man. | 我为他做过很多事 |
[34:08] | Bribed an oil company C.F.O. for him… | 为他贿赂过一家石油公司的首席财务官 |
[34:10] | Stop talking. | 别说了 |
[34:12] | We’re not in session. That’s not privileged. | 我们现在不在治疗期间 保密条例并不生效 |
[34:14] | Point is, I got all muddied up for him. | 重点是 我为他干过不少坏事 |
[34:17] | Hard not to rub it on his clean, white shirt now. | 是时候把脏水泼回去了 |
[34:24] | Remember Warren Jaffin, the analyst? | 记得沃伦·杰芬吗 那个分析师 |
[34:28] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[34:29] | Bright guy? | 他聪明吗 |
[34:31] | That kid was sharp. | 那小子就像头鲨鱼 |
[34:32] | Employable? | 值得雇佣吗 |
[34:34] | Real sharp, yeah. | 相当厉害 当然 |
[34:35] | Then he balked at his bonus one year and got popped. | 有一年他对自己的分红不满被解雇了 |
[34:38] | He got another job right away at a huge bank… | 很快就在一家大银行找到了新工作 |
[34:41] | $3 million a year, guaranteed. | 保底一年三百万 |
[34:43] | Only, word got back to Axe | 只不过 流言传到埃克斯那里说 |
[34:44] | that Warren had badmouthed him in the interview… | 沃伦面试的时候说了他的坏话 |
[34:46] | Said Axe wasn’t generous with him. | 说埃克斯对他不够大方 |
[34:48] | So Axe called the head of the bank, | 然后埃克斯打电话给行长 |
[34:52] | asked him to pull the offer that day, which the guy did. | 让他撤销聘用书 而行长也照做了 |
[34:57] | Can you imagine… | 你能想象 |
[34:59] | How humiliating that was for Warren? | 对于沃伦来说这有多丢人吗 |
[35:02] | Probably told his whole family, all his friends | 他大概已经告诉全家人 所有的朋友 |
[35:04] | that he was back. | 他又找到好工作了 |
[35:05] | But Axe didn’t leave it there. | 但埃克斯并没有就此罢手 |
[35:07] | He called the president or chairman | 他给业界的每一个主要证券经纪人 |
[35:09] | of every prime broker, bank, and fund in the industry | 大型银行 对冲基金的董事长主席打电话 |
[35:12] | and had him blackballed. | 联手把他封杀了 |
[35:13] | Put it out over the loudspeaker, | 如同在高中 校长通过学校广播 |
[35:15] | direct from the principal’s office… | 下达校长室命令 |
[35:17] | “If you hire Warren Jaffin, | “如果你雇用沃伦·杰芬 |
[35:18] | you are my enemy.” | 你将会成为我的敌人” |
[35:22] | Do you know what Warren does now? | 你知道沃伦现在做什么吗 |
[35:27] | He’s got a blog. | 当博主了 |
[35:32] | You’ve built a real life for yourself, Victor… | 维克特 你为自己打造了好的生活 |
[35:35] | A long way from Queens. | 很辛苦的才从皇后区走出来 |
[35:37] | If Axe is certain you’ll act like a gentleman, | 如果埃克斯相信你会保持君子之风 |
[35:40] | he will make sure to take care of you. | 他会好好照顾你的 |
[35:44] | You were the one that always told me to stand up for myself. | 你曾是那个让我为自己发声的人 |
[35:47] | When you can win, yes. | 对 当你可以成为赢家的时候 |
[35:50] | The only way you can win now is by letting it go. | 现在 获取胜利的唯一方法就是放弃 |
[36:00] | You know, I have to confess to something. | 你知道 我有些事想跟你坦白 |
[36:03] | Okay. | 说吧 |
[36:04] | You’re not gonna like it. | 你可能会不高兴的 |
[36:06] | Fire away. | 说 |
[36:08] | I took the kids for doughnuts. | 我带孩子们去吃甜甜圈了 |
[36:11] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[36:13] | Kevin told me. | 凯文告诉我了 |
[36:16] | Good. | 好 |
[36:17] | Oh. | 喔 |
[36:18] | You’re glad he cracked? | 你是开心他告诉我了吗 |
[36:20] | No, I never want them to keep secrets from you. | 不 我不想让他们有秘密背着你 |
[36:23] | They’re gonna keep them from me their entire teenage years. | 他们整个青春期都会背着我的 |
[36:25] | They should at least know | 至少他们要知道 |
[36:27] | that they always can confide in you. | 你是可以信赖的 |
[36:29] | And among your many gifts, that is a great one. | 这是你最大的天赋 |
[36:34] | Everyone feels like you’re always on their side. | 每个人都觉得你站在他们那边 |
[36:37] | Well, I try to be, or at least… | 我尝试着这么做 或者至少 |
[36:40] | Understand where they’re coming from. | 去理解他们的初衷 |
[36:43] | That’s the wonderful part of your job. | 你工作很棒的一点就是 |
[36:44] | You get to employ your empathy. | 你可以使用你的同情心 |
[36:48] | I have to be a real prick sometimes, you know? | 你知道吧 有时我不得不成为一个混蛋 |
[36:53] | At work. | 工作时 |
[36:54] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[36:56] | Sometimes, we all do things we’re not proud of at work. | 有时 我们都得在工作岗位上做违心的事 |
[37:00] | Well, this is different. | 这不同 |
[37:03] | When I was in the park with the kids, | 我和孩子们在公园的时候 |
[37:06] | there was this guy who… | 有个人 他 |
[37:09] | Specifics don’t matter. | 细节不重要 |
[37:13] | What does is, | 重要的是 |
[37:14] | that every once in a while, there’s this thing we say… | 每隔一阵 我们都会说 |
[37:18] | “I am never so proud | “当我选择不去提起公诉的时候 |
[37:19] | as when I choose not to prosecute a case.” | 我会感到更骄傲” |
[37:23] | And that’s true… in theory. | 理论上讲 那是事实 |
[37:27] | But once in a while, I wish that I could just be more… | 但是我每每会希望自己可以变得更加 |
[37:33] | … human. | 有人情味 |
[37:38] | But I haven’t figured out how to do that | 但是我不知道如何同时做好我的工作 |
[37:40] | and my job at the same time. | 还要有人情味 |
[37:43] | You know? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[37:45] | Being 100% good at your job… | 既要百分之百对工作全力以赴 |
[37:50] | … and 100% good… | 又要当个百分之百的好人 |
[37:55] | … if you figure that one out, | 如果你琢磨出答案了 |
[37:56] | let’s both quit and write that book. | 那我们都别上班了 去写书吧 |
[38:10] | It’s a luxury to relax every once in a while, | 隔段时间就让自己放松下真是奢侈 |
[38:12] | isn’t it, Garth? | 你说是不是 加斯 |
[38:14] | I remember this place… fondly. | 我对这个地方有很美好的回忆 |
[38:16] | Look, the stability of this firm has never been in question. | 你瞧 这公司的稳定性不容置疑 |
[38:20] | I need to look into Axelrod’s eyes, hear him say it. | 我要看着埃克斯罗德的眼睛 亲耳听他说 |
[38:23] | Yeah, he will. | 对 他会的 |
[38:25] | I just wanted to hear you first. | 我想先听你说 |
[38:27] | I may be from Kentucky, but I’m no rube. | 我是从肯塔基州来的 但我不是个乡巴佬 |
[38:30] | I don’t bet on long shots | 我不拿我伙伴的养老金 |
[38:31] | when it comes to investing the pensions of my members. | 来做风险投资 |
[38:34] | That’s why they trust me with their $5 billion. | 所以他们才会把自己的五十亿资金委托给我 |
[38:37] | I get nervous, | 我会不安 |
[38:38] | I see someone like Axelrod running around | 看着像埃克斯罗德这样的人窜上窜下 |
[38:41] | spending his money like he’s a goddamn rap singer. | 像个该死的饶舌歌手一样花钱 |
[38:43] | Emcee. Like a rap emcee. | 主唱 像个说唱饶舌主唱 |
[38:46] | No, some of ’em sing now. | 不 其中的一些人现在也唱歌 |
[38:48] | My kids showed me. | 我孩子们给我看过 |
[38:49] | Snoop and Kid Rock both. | 斯怒普和摇滚小子两人都是 |
[38:52] | You’re right… you are no rube. | 你说的没错 你确实不是个乡巴佬 |
[38:55] | But Bobby Axelrod isn’t, either. | 但是博比·埃克斯罗德也不是 |
[38:58] | We’ve crushed the S&P seven years running, | 我们连续七年都把S&P踩在脚下了 |
[39:01] | which means you have crushed the S&P. | 这说明你已经打败S&P了 |
[39:05] | You turn over now. | 转过身来 |
[39:08] | Everyone beats it… till they don’t. | 每个人都是成功的 直到他们失手 |
[39:11] | When I can I see Axe, talk to him about it? | 我什么时候才能见到埃克斯 跟他谈谈这件事 |
[39:14] | You don’t want to rush off now, do you? | 你不是现在就想着要走吧 |
[39:23] | Here’s McCue. She got some stuff on Birch. | 这是麦丘 她有些关于伯奇的消息 |
[39:26] | You are gonna love my nuts. | 你绝对会喜欢我带来的消息的 |
[39:29] | Pierre Bernard, | 皮埃尔·伯纳德 |
[39:30] | longtime C.F.O. Of the Arcadian, | 就是那个在阿卡迪亚当了很长时间的财务总监 |
[39:33] | gets passed over for C.E.O., | 没当上CEO |
[39:35] | gets censured internally for certain financial improprieties. | 还因财务行为不当被内部调查了 |
[39:39] | Press clippings I thought you might want. | 你可能会感兴趣的简报 |
[39:41] | And Bernard interviews for a job at Birch | 就在那笔交易前 |
[39:43] | shortly before the trades. | 伯纳德去伯奇应聘了 |
[39:45] | We have secretaries on both sides confirming the meet. | 两边的秘书都确认了这次会面 |
[39:47] | Birch’s trades in arcadian occur a half-hour afterward. | 半个小时后 伯奇做了阿卡迪亚那笔交易 |
[39:52] | We alerted our counterparts up north. | 我们提醒了北边的同行 |
[39:53] | The railroad has fired Bernard. | 铁路公司已经解雇了伯纳德 |
[39:55] | The Canadians are considering prosecution. | 加拿大那边考虑起诉他 |
[39:57] | He’s ready to make a statement implicating Birch. | 他准备好拉伯奇下水 |
[40:00] | At Quantico, they call a case this straightforward… | 在匡提科 他们管这样的案子叫白给 |
[40:01] | Nobody cares. | 没人在乎 |
[40:03] | Of course not. Why would they? | 当然了 他们为什么要在乎 |
[40:04] | Rookies always bring up Quantico. | 新手总是对匡提科津津乐道 |
[40:08] | Uh, do you need something else? | 呃 你还需要别的东西吗 |
[40:11] | Let me know if you need PDF backups of those. | 如果你需要PDF备份什么的 告诉我就行 |
[40:14] | Will do. | 好的 |
[40:15] | He is right, though. | 不过他说的不错 |
[40:16] | This Birch thing’s a dunker. | 伯奇这档子事真白给 |
[40:20] | Dominique all day. | 多米尼克统治全场 |
[40:24] | Wilkins! | 威尔金斯 |
[40:40] | So, tomorrow morning, when the arrest warrant is issued, | 所以 明早 当搜查令和 |
[40:43] | along with a search warrant, | 拘留状发出来的时候 |
[40:44] | we meet near Birch’s farm, all right? | 咱们在伯奇的农场那边见 好吧 |
[40:47] | You guys take him, we take his records. | 你们抓人 我们拿他的记录 |
[40:49] | Hey, quick question. Alan. | 嘿 有个问题 艾伦 |
[40:51] | Are we gonna handcuff him? | 我们要铐上他吗 |
[40:52] | Yeah, obviously. | 当然了 |
[40:54] | What about the S.E.C.? Should we alert them? | 那证交委员会.呢 我们还通知他们吗 |
[40:56] | We already have. | 已经通知过了 |
[40:57] | Press? | 媒体呢 |
[40:58] | Probably, all right? | 可能会通知 好了吧 |
[41:00] | I mean, those news cameras | 我是说 那些媒体镜头什么的 |
[41:01] | just have a way of showing up at the right time, don’t they? | 总是能在对的时间出现 不是吗 |
[41:06] | – So, we’re gonna hit ’em full-on, right? – Yes. | – 所以我们火力全开 对吧 – 对 |
[41:08] | We’ll get local law enforcement there on the perimeter, | 外围我们有当地执法机构的人 |
[41:10] | but with the lights out. | 不过一切都会悄悄进行 |
[41:16] | All right, any more questions? | 好了 还有问题吗 |
[41:22] | Bryan? | 布莱恩 |
[41:27] | Let’s put a pin in the arrest. | 我们暂缓一下抓捕行动 |
[41:29] | Boss? | 老大 |
[41:30] | Get Birch in here. | 把 伯奇带进来 |
[41:31] | It’s time to settle. | 是时候协商解决了 |
[41:33] | No, no. N-no way. | 不不不 不行 |
[41:35] | We… we have him dead to rights on this trial. | 上法庭 证据确凿 这案子我们赢定了 |
[41:38] | I’m first chair. Then it’s jail for this jamoke. | 我来做第一公诉人 这人渣铁定进监狱 |
[41:40] | We have him dead to rights, so he’ll fold quick, | 证据确凿 那他就跑不掉了 |
[41:42] | and then we get back to what we were doing… Axelrod. | 然后我们回到咱们原来的事上 埃克斯罗德 |
[41:45] | I’m not letting us follow the riderless horse any longer. | 我不能让咱们的人再跟着无人马了 |
[41:50] | Wait. Riderless h… | 等下 无人马 |
[41:51] | Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. | 布屈·卡西迪 和那个 圣得西小子 |
[41:53] | They were smart. | 人很精 |
[41:56] | They sent one of their horses off in a different direction | 他们把其中的一匹马赶去另一个方向 |
[41:59] | so the posse would have to split up… | 所以追他们的小分队不得不兵分两路 |
[42:02] | Get distracted. | 力量被分散了 |
[42:04] | But this was no ordinary posse. | 这可不是寻常的小分队 |
[42:08] | This was a super posse… the super posse. | 是个超级小分队 超级小分队 |
[42:11] | Mixed group of superheroes… | 里面有各路超人 |
[42:13] | A sheriff, a marshal, an Indian. | 一个警长 一位联邦探员 一个印第安人 |
[42:16] | “Native American.” | “原著美国人” |
[42:18] | Sure. | 当然 |
[42:19] | And the cherokee… | 还有这个切罗基族人(印第安人的分支) |
[42:20] | Man, he could read the depth of the impression | 老兄 马蹄踏在石头上的痕迹 |
[42:23] | the horse’s hooves made on rock. | 他都能看的出来 |
[42:26] | And when he realized they were chasing a riderless horse… | 当他发现他在追一头无人马的时候 |
[42:31] | … they got right back on Butch’s trail. | 他们立刻就重新回到追踪布屈的轨道上了 |
[42:34] | I remember now. | 我想起来了 |
[42:36] | I watched it with my dad | 我和我爸在一个周末 |
[42:38] | on one of the Saturdays he showed up. | 一起看的 |
[42:41] | I didn’t root for the super posse. | 我喜欢那个超级小分队 |
[42:43] | I rooted for Butch and Sundance. | 我喜欢布屈和圣得西 |
[42:45] | Of course you did. We all did. | 当然了 我们都喜欢他们 |
[42:49] | But that’s not who we are anymore. | 但是现在说的不是我们 |
[43:04] | How are you, Bobby? | 嗨 博比 |
[43:10] | Hey, Garth. | 嗨 加斯 |
[43:12] | Ken. | 肯 |
[43:15] | I’d call you “Sir Ken” Out of respect | 出于对您年纪和成就的尊敬 |
[43:17] | for your advanced age and your accomplishments, | 我会尊称您为肯爵士 |
[43:19] | but, as much as you’d like it, you were born in Chicago, | 但是 虽然你很喜欢 但是你来自芝加哥 |
[43:22] | and no one born there was ever knighted. | 没有一个在那里出生的人被授予爵位过 |
[43:24] | He would like it if we called him “Sir.” | 他倒是喜欢别人称他为先生 |
[43:26] | He is that type. | 他就是这种人 |
[43:28] | You are that type, Ken. | 你就是这种人 肯 |
[43:30] | And then what would we call you, Axe? | 那我该怎么称呼你呢 埃克斯 |
[43:32] | Oh, hell, Kenny, call me whatever the fuck you want. | 该死的 肯尼 你怎么叫都行 |
[43:39] | Or better, don’t ever call me. | 最好是别叫我 |
[43:42] | You know the reason why you should never call me? | 你知道为什么你不应该叫我吗 |
[43:44] | Because you’re a poacher, Ken, | 因为喜欢偷人东西挖人墙角 肯 |
[43:46] | and guys like Garth and me, we do not like poachers. | 像我和加斯 我们可不喜欢你这种人 |
[43:49] | Come drag a deer off my land, | 试试看从我的地盘上弄走一头鹿 |
[43:50] | see what the fuck happens to you. | 会有什么后果 |
[43:54] | Well, now that you’ve joined us, let me ask you… | 既然你加入了 容我问句… |
[43:57] | How you doing? | 你最近怎么样 |
[43:58] | I’m gonna let you in on something here, Garth. | 我告诉你个秘密吧 加斯 |
[44:01] | Hedge fund guys only ask that question | 搞对冲基金的人只会在知道对方 |
[44:03] | when they know the other guy is running bad, | 混得不好时问这句话 |
[44:06] | which he thinks because you are sitting with him. | 他这么想是因为你和他坐在一起 |
[44:08] | Oh, we’re just catching up. | 我们只是朋友叙旧而已 |
[44:09] | And you still haven’t answered. | 而你也并没回答 |
[44:11] | It’s a “Crush the other guy” Business. | 这是个整垮对手的行当 |
[44:13] | It’s like “Highlander”… there can be only one. | 就像高地人游戏 只能有一个赢家 |
[44:17] | I don’t blame you, Ken. I’d do the same thing. | 我不怪你 肯 我也会做同样的事 |
[44:21] | But I’m up 32% this year, | 但我今年增长了百分之三十二 |
[44:24] | which, from what I know of your run-and-hide approach, | 比你在佛得角远景用那套缩手缩脚的策略 |
[44:26] | is 30 points better than what you are at vista verde. | 所获得的收益高三十个百分点 |
[44:30] | Well, you can call it what you want, | 随便你怎么叫它 |
[44:32] | but I call it “Careful.” | 但我管那叫谨慎 |
[44:34] | Risk-averse. | 规避风险 |
[44:37] | When I opened my fund, | 当我成立基金时 |
[44:38] | I was very aware of the responsibility | 我非常清楚像加斯这样的客户 |
[44:40] | that people like Garth put in my hands, | 交到我手中的责任 |
[44:43] | which is why I hedge my investments. | 这也是为何我规避投资风险 |
[44:46] | I protect the downside. | 我防范了下行可能 |
[44:50] | I may not be a rock star, | 我或许不出风头 |
[44:52] | but I’m still plugging away, | 但这么多年之后 |
[44:54] | all these many years later. | 我仍然稳扎稳打 |
[44:58] | Have fun with your plugger. | 祝你们愉快地稳扎稳打 |
[45:01] | Can we step away for a sec? | 单独聊两句 |
[45:11] | I love talking to you, Axe, | 我很喜欢和你谈话 埃克斯 |
[45:13] | and you made us a shit ton of money, but… | 而且你确实为我们赚了很多钱 但… |
[45:16] | I need to keep things nice and comfy… | 我需要让事情好看些 |
[45:19] | Results and optics. | 既有里子 又要面子 |
[45:22] | My job’s to spot the fund manager | 我的职责是盯住基金经理 |
[45:24] | taking his eye off the ball before he strikes out. | 以防他在下决定之前掉以轻心 |
[45:28] | That’s what my members count on. | 这是我的董事会成员希望我做到的 |
[45:29] | And they see someone like Kenneth, dry ass that he is, | 而他们把肯尼斯这样小心无趣的 |
[45:34] | as solid… | 看作是谨慎可靠 |
[45:36] | Part of the firmament. | 属于上流阶层 |
[45:39] | Sometimes that’s important. | 有时这很重要 |
[45:41] | I hear you. | 我懂了 |
[45:43] | And I know you hated the headline in the newspaper. | 我也知道你讨厌天天上头条的家伙 |
[45:47] | Do what you have to do. | 尽管去履行你的职责 |
[45:49] | But I hope that in the days to come, | 但我希望有朝一日 |
[45:51] | you see me as part of that firmament. | 你也将我视为上层一员 |
[45:55] | I think you will. | 而我相信你会的 |
[46:07] | You’ve all seen the evidence we’ve gathered | 你们都看过我们搜集的 |
[46:11] | regarding your railroad trades. | 关于你的铁路交易的证据了 |
[46:13] | If we prevail at trial… which we’re confident we will… | 如果我们赢下这场稳赢的诉讼 |
[46:17] | The federal sentencing guidelines | 根据联邦量刑准则 |
[46:18] | call for you to serve 11 years. | 你将会获刑十一年 |
[46:24] | We understand that you have young children. | 我们知道你有年幼的孩子 |
[46:26] | Well, maybe they’ll be out of college | 或许等你出狱的时候 |
[46:28] | by the time you’re released. | 他们已经大学毕业 |
[46:30] | Maybe you can make it to their weddings. | 或许你还赶得上他们的婚礼 |
[46:33] | But like we told your lawyers, | 但如同我们向你的律师所述 |
[46:36] | we’re willing to forgo that for a quick plea… | 如果你尽快认罪 我们可以免于起诉 |
[46:39] | An admission of guilt, | 你自认有罪 |
[46:40] | a forfeiture money judgment of $386 million. | 罚没金额为三亿八千六百万美元 |
[46:45] | As well as the voluntary shuttering of your fund | 同时自愿关停你的基金 |
[46:47] | and conversion of it to a family office. | 转为家族理财室 |
[46:50] | You’ll no longer handle any outside money. | 你不得管理任何外来资金 |
[46:52] | I can get the S.E.C. In here right now to do that | 如果你不同意我可以立刻 |
[46:55] | if you don’t agree. | 让证监会的人来执行 |
[46:58] | So, settlement or trial? | 所以 你是选庭外和解 还是法庭上见 |
[47:01] | We’re prepared to fight this for as long as we… | 我们已做好长期持久抗辩的准备… |
[47:04] | I… | 我… |
[47:05] | Came here today to take a deal. | 今天是来做交易的 |
[47:09] | I don’t want to go to jail. | 我不想进监狱 |
[47:12] | Wise choice, Mr. Birch. | 明智之选 伯奇先生 |
[47:15] | Stay in the light. | 别再涉足不光明交易 |
[47:16] | You won’t be getting a chance like this again. | 你不会得到第二次这种机会的 |
[47:31] | This doesn’t have to be over. | 没必要到此为止的 |
[47:32] | I’m actually relieved we settled. | 事实上和解后我如释重负 |
[48:11] | Comfortable? | 觉着舒服吗 |
[48:13] | For the first time all fucking day. | 今天这操蛋的一天里的第一次 |
[48:16] | Well, I have someone coming in here soon, | 我约的人就快到了 |
[48:19] | and they might be a little freaked to see their boss… | 当他们看到他们的老总这样可能会被吓一跳 |
[48:26] | I just came by to say “Thank you” And “Sorry”… | 我只是来说谢谢以及抱歉 |
[48:29] | Two words I don’t say very often. | 这两个词我并不常说 |
[48:31] | So it’s handled with Victor? | 维克特处理妥当了 |
[48:34] | You nailed it… on every count. | 你从各个方面都完成得很漂亮 |
[48:37] | And he got paid. | 他接受了价码 |
[48:39] | I used everything I knew about him to make him capitulate. | 我用尽了我对他的所有了解来使他让步 |
[48:42] | That’s why I asked you to go. | 这正是我让你去的原因 |
[48:44] | You know why I went? | 你知道为什么我去了吗 |
[48:46] | For you. | 因为你 |
[48:50] | You and I… | 你和我… |
[48:53] | We’ve never let each other down in all these years. | 这么多年你我从未让彼此失望 |
[48:57] | And I wasn’t about to start | 我并不打算破坏这份默契 |
[48:59] | because you acted like that never happened. | 因为你之前从未像上次那样 |
[49:05] | Cut me out again… | 如果你再有一次… |
[49:08] | And I’m gone. | 我就离开 |
[49:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[49:24] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[49:40] | Ellis Eads. | 艾力斯·伊兹 |
[49:41] | We are honored to share this privilege with you, Mr. Axelrod. | 我们很荣幸与你分享这份荣耀 埃克斯罗德先生 |
[49:44] | With you, too, Mrs. Axelrod. | 您也是 埃克斯罗德夫人 |
[49:45] | There’s no sharing, Ellis. It’s Axelrod Hall now. | 不是分享艾力斯 现在这里是埃克斯罗德会堂了 |
[49:48] | No. Of course. We understand. | 当然 我们明白 |
[49:49] | You think you do. | 你以为你明白而已 |
[49:53] | Now, I saw that when I came in here, | 我进来时就发现了 |
[49:55] | you don’t remember me, Chad. | 你不记得我了 查得 |
[49:57] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[49:59] | But you don’t actually remember. | 但你并不记得我 |
[50:03] | We’ve met before. | 我们以前见过 |
[50:05] | I caddied at the Spoon when I was a kid. | 我小时候在银勺高尔夫俱乐部当过球童 |
[50:08] | It was the perfect summer job. | 那是份完美的暑期工 |
[50:11] | I carried your grandfather’s bag quite a few times. | 我为你祖父服务过许多次 |
[50:14] | Your bag, too, Chad, in the summer after middle school. | 也为你服务过 查得 中学毕业的暑假 |
[50:18] | How funny that we all end up here. | 我们最终却相会于此 非常有趣 |
[50:21] | Now, here’s the thing. | 问题是 |
[50:23] | A lot of numbers have been thrown around… | 我们之前谈过许多数字 |
[50:26] | 100 for the naming rights, 25 for your name to come down. | 命名权一百 去掉你们家族名二十五 |
[50:30] | But there is one number that really matters to me… | 但对我来说只有一个数字最重要 |
[50:33] | 16. | 十六 |
[50:36] | And we’ll see if you still think it’s funny, Chad. | 让我们看看你是否还笑得出来 查得 |
[50:39] | $16 is what a caddy got paid for a loop. | 球童服务一轮的薪水是十六美元 |
[50:43] | Four hours of humping bags, smelling sour cigars, | 摄氏三十五度的热天里整整四个小时 |
[50:47] | and watching all of you lie to each other | 背着球袋 闻着难闻的雪茄 |
[50:49] | about your golf scores in the 95-degree heat, | 看着你们相互胡编自己的高尔夫战绩 |
[50:52] | but I was happy for the job. | 但我对这份工作很满意 |
[50:55] | That 16 bucks… and I would do two loops a day, | 十六块钱… 我每天服务两轮 |
[50:58] | so it was $32 on a Saturday, $32 on a Sunday. | 那么就是周六挣三十二块 周日挣三十二块 |
[51:01] | By the end of the weekend, I’d have 64 bucks. | 一个周末 我能挣六十四块钱 |
[51:03] | 16 weekends, | 16个周末 |
[51:04] | memorial to labor day, | 从阵亡将士纪念日到劳动节 |
[51:06] | $1,024. | 能挣1024块钱 |
[51:07] | That was his spending money for the entire year. | 那就是他全年的生活费了 |
[51:09] | He’d stretch it out until the next summer. | 他靠这些钱撑到来年暑假 |
[51:12] | Pretty much. | 很多了 |
[51:15] | Until… | 直到… |
[51:17] | And you were there for this, Chad… | 你当时也在 查得 |
[51:19] | Your grandfather asked me to read a putt on 3. | 你祖父在第三个洞时叫我研判一下位置 |
[51:22] | It was a left-to-right leaker, and I told him so. | 那是个由左向右的曲线球 我如实告诉了他 |
[51:25] | I’d seen the putt all summer long. | 我已经看了一整个暑假了 |
[51:27] | He closed the face, pulled it, missed it by a foot. | 他把球杆击球面向下 推杆击球 差了一英尺 |
[51:31] | You laughed at him. | 你嘲笑了他 |
[51:32] | You made fun of his eyesight. | 取笑他的视力 |
[51:34] | And he turned to me, | 而他发泄在了我身上 |
[51:37] | and he fired me right there. | 当即解雇了我 |
[51:40] | Not from the round, but from the club. | 不是从那场球中解雇了我 而是从俱乐部 |
[51:44] | Now, I needed that $16, but he didn’t give a shit. | 你看 我需要那十六块钱 而他毫不在意 |
[51:47] | Because he was embarrassed to have missed a putt | 因为他在孙子面前未能击球入洞 |
[51:49] | in front of his grandson. | 觉着丢了颜面 |
[51:50] | Are you saying we are here | 你的意思是我们来就是为了 |
[51:52] | because of that ancient bullshit? | 这些陈芝麻烂谷子的事 |
[51:53] | That’s right! | 没错 |
[51:55] | 16. | 十六 |
[51:59] | Which is why I am presenting you | 这就是为什么我为你们 |
[52:01] | with a check for $25 million | 带来了一张支票 |
[52:05] | minus 16, | 金额为两千五百万美元 减去十六 |
[52:07] | which leaves you with $9 million. | 等于九百万美元 |
[52:10] | That is bullshit! | 胡扯八道 |
[52:12] | – This is unacceptable. – Ellis, this is bullshit. | – 不可接受 -艾力斯 这是胡扯 |
[52:13] | We will walk out of here if you don’t honor the full amount. | 如果你不遵照全额的话我们将立马中止谈判离开 |
[52:16] | No, you won’t. | 不 你们不会的 |
[52:17] | You need this $9 million. | 你们需要这九百万美元 |
[52:20] | Because none of you… not one… | 因为你们中没有一个… 一个都没有… |
[52:22] | Has done a single day of work | 在你那个可怜的混蛋祖父 |
[52:24] | from the moment your miserable prick of a grandfather | 脸朝下死在棕榈海滩的沙滩上之后 |
[52:26] | fell facedown in the sand in Palm Beach. | 去工作过一天 |
[52:29] | And after reviewing your holdings, | 研究了你们的持股 |
[52:31] | your business interests, your debts, | 商业收益 还有债务之后 |
[52:34] | I know that this check is the only thing | 我知道这张支票是唯一能够 |
[52:36] | standing between your family and bankruptcy. | 挽救你们不破产的东西了 |
[52:39] | So pick it up, put it in your pocket, | 要么你们拿起来揣进口袋 |
[52:42] | and walk out of here. | 从这走出去 |
[52:44] | Or I will. | 要么我就这么做 |
[52:57] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走 |
[53:07] | So, now the Axelrod name | 现在埃克斯罗德将被 |
[53:09] | will be forever affixed to this building for all time. | 永远地镶嵌在这栋建筑上 |
[53:13] | Or until some guy richer than me wants it to come down. | 直到有比我更有钱的人想把它弄下来 |
[53:19] | You really started something. | 你开启了重要进程 |