时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | You’re in need of correction, aren’t you? | 你渴望接受调教 对吗 |
[00:41] | Yeah. | 是 |
[00:52] | I might leave marks. | 可能会留下痕迹 |
[00:54] | Not a great idea. | 这可不太好 |
[00:56] | That’s not a no. | 这可不算拒绝 |
[01:11] | That’s got to burn. | 烫得厉害吧 |
[01:13] | Let me fix it. | 我来帮你缓解一下 |
[01:45] | See, what you have to understand, Michael, | 迈克 你要明白 |
[01:46] | is that this is a fucked up free zone. | 这里他妈的是自由区 |
[01:49] | Guys who sit in Chuck’s chair become mayor. | 坐查克位子的人会成为市长 |
[01:51] | Governor. | 州长 |
[01:52] | We have to be beyond reproach. | 我们不能给别人落下口实 |
[01:55] | So no tinder at the goddamn office, okay? | 办公室里容不得一丝火星 明白吗 |
[02:02] | It feels like yesterday I was telling you all this. | 这些话像是我昨天才跟你说过 |
[02:05] | Mm, 18 months ago. | 是18个月前 |
[02:06] | Added some stuff of my own in there. | 还加了一些我自己的话 |
[02:08] | Yeah. Tinder. I heard. | 对 火星嘛 我听到了 |
[02:10] | Come on. He’s waiting. | 来吧 他在等着呢 |
[02:15] | Well, off the record, the, uh, Attorney General’s | 私下告诉你 司法部长 |
[02:17] | always happy to take my recommendations | 在任命联邦法官时 |
[02:19] | on who to appoint to the federal bench. | 总是愿意采纳我的建议 |
[02:23] | Very good. | 很好 |
[02:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:26] | Sir. | 长官 |
[02:27] | Okay, guys. What do we got on deck? | 好 我们手头上有什么案子 |
[02:29] | Progress report on two of the open investigations. | 两起公开调查案件的进度报告 |
[02:32] | Ari Spyros from the S.E.C… | 证券交易委员会的阿里·斯派罗 |
[02:35] | Call back. | 等会儿回电话 |
[02:35] | …is here. | 到了 |
[02:37] | I’m sorry, sir. He… he wouldn’t… | 对不起 长官 他 他不愿 |
[02:38] | It’s fine, Kim. It’s okay. Thank you. | 没事 金 没事 谢谢 |
[02:41] | Well, Spyros. | 斯派罗 |
[02:43] | What’s the occasion? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[02:44] | We’re not interviewing right now. | 我们现在不是在面谈 |
[02:46] | Funny. Here. | 有意思 这个 |
[02:50] | This got your panties all sticky? | 就是这东西让你尿裤子了 |
[02:52] | Drenched. | 湿透了 |
[02:53] | Suspect trading pattern on Pepsum Pharmaceuticals. | 珀萨姆制药出现可疑交易模式 |
[02:57] | One of my grunts riding the Midas | 我一个手下幸运地 |
[02:59] | spotted a days-long buy spike. | 发现了持续数日的买入高峰 |
[03:05] | Yeah, get me Spyros. | 我找斯派罗 |
[03:08] | Take a look. | 看看 |
[03:12] | You can all study the charts, | 你们可以尽可能地好好分析图表 |
[03:14] | or I can give you the answers to the test. | 或者我也可以把调查结果告诉你们 |
[03:16] | – Please. – Lenny Bosco… Old Oaks Investments. | -请说 -兰尼·博斯克 老橡树投资 |
[03:18] | Peter Decker… Quaker Ridge Financial. | 皮特·德克尔 贵格山脊金融 |
[03:21] | Dan Margolis… Century Capital. | 丹·马格里斯 世纪资产 |
[03:24] | These three small firms | 这三家小公司 |
[03:25] | all knew exactly when to buy and when to sell the stock. | 对股票买进卖出的时间点掌握得非常准确 |
[03:28] | They had inside information. | 他们有内部信息 |
[03:30] | You must get pings like that every day. | 你们一定每天都能接收到这样的信息吧 |
[03:31] | We do. | 没错 |
[03:32] | So? Get them talking and fine them. | 所以呢 找他们谈话向他们罚款啊 |
[03:35] | It’s bigger than that. | 事情没这么简单 |
[03:37] | All three firms have links to Bobby Axelrod. | 三家公司都与波比·阿克斯罗德有关 |
[03:46] | Bobby fucking Axelrod. Man of the people. | 他娘的波比·阿克斯罗德 出身平民 |
[03:51] | You only have that exact look on your face when you’re here. | 你只有在这儿才会露出这副表情 |
[03:54] | The pizza’s just really fucking good. | 这儿的披萨真的好吃极了 |
[03:57] | Take a bite. | 尝一口 |
[04:03] | It’s good. | 不错 |
[04:04] | Good? That is a thing of beauty. | 只是不错吗 分明是美味 |
[04:06] | That’s why we lived in here when we were kids. | 这就是我们从小住在这儿的原因 |
[04:10] | I don’t usually open for breakfast, guys. | 各位 我这儿早上一般不营业 |
[04:12] | You want another? | 还要一份吗 |
[04:15] | I do. | 要 |
[04:17] | We want ’em all. | 全都要了 |
[04:19] | All? | 全部 |
[04:23] | I want to come in with you. | 我想加盟你 |
[04:24] | Partner up. | 合伙经营 |
[04:27] | What the fuck did you tell him, kid? | 小子 你他妈跟他瞎说什么 |
[04:29] | I don’t want no charity. | 我不需要施舍 |
[04:30] | Look, all I told him was the truth, Bruno, okay? | 我只是把实情告诉他了 布鲁诺 |
[04:33] | That I got a call from a guy | 有人打电话跟我说 |
[04:34] | who said he was coming in here with a falafel shop, | 他要在这儿开一家沙拉三明治店 |
[04:36] | and would I contract the rebuild. | 问我能否承包室内改造 |
[04:38] | And when I asked you about it, | 我问你这事的时候 |
[04:39] | you said that you were getting squeezed by a new landlord. | 你说你被新房东压榨 |
[04:42] | And when I got that call, I made a couple calls of my own. | 我接到电话后 就打了几通电话 |
[04:44] | Falafel shop goes in the mall. | 沙拉三明治店进驻商场 |
[04:46] | We lock in you in on a 20-year lease, | 我们给你签了20年的租约 |
[04:48] | and I cover the overage. | 超额部分我承担 |
[04:50] | I-I-I don’t know, Bobby. | 这 这样好吗 波比 |
[04:52] | Come on. What is there to know? | 你还需要了解什么 |
[04:53] | You let me slide for weeks without paying | 以前我每天放学后来你这儿 |
[04:55] | when I was coming in here every day after school. | 一连几周不付钱 你也由着我 |
[04:58] | That was just ’cause you were a good customer. | 那是因为你是个好顾客 |
[05:00] | Which I want to keep being. | 我想继续做个好顾客 |
[05:02] | Nothing changes. | 一如当年 |
[05:11] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[05:14] | I’d love to tell you I knew you’d grow up | 我想告诉你 我早知道你长大后 |
[05:15] | to become what you did, | 会成为这样的人 |
[05:17] | but to be honest, I had no idea. | 但老实说 我真没想到 |
[05:21] | That makes two of us. | 我也一样 |
[05:23] | Come here. | 来 |
[05:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:36] | Bobby, we are ready to roll on something sweet. | 波比 有个好机会 我们准备下手 |
[05:38] | I think you’ll want to piggyback. | 我想你一定有兴趣参一脚 |
[05:40] | What do you got? | 什么情况 |
[05:40] | Lumetherm Power getting bought by Electric Sun. | 鲁姆瑟姆能源被电阳收购 |
[05:42] | Price is $41. Stock’s trading at $35. | 价格为41美元 股票交易价格为35美元 |
[05:45] | We’re looking at a 17% bump | 我们预期交易完成后的两周内 |
[05:46] | in two weeks when the deal closes. | 股价将上涨17% |
[05:48] | Annualized, that’s $442… | 按年计算 就是442美元 |
[05:49] | I’d love to size up. | 据我估算 |
[05:50] | Maybe you buy 2 million shares for the main fund. | 买两百万股就能成为主力资金 |
[05:53] | – Sounds about right. – Great. | -听起来没什么问题 -很好 |
[05:55] | Scott Kazawitz’s name is being floated as the new chairman. | 盛传斯科特·卡兹维兹是新任董事长 |
[05:58] | Kazawitz. | 卡兹维兹 |
[06:01] | That’s a new piece of information. | 这是新信息 |
[06:02] | Well, that’s what you pay me for. | 你花钱聘我不就是为这个 |
[06:04] | Who said this deal is gonna close? | 谁说这次交易快结束了 |
[06:05] | Ben said it would this morning. | 本今天早上说的 |
[06:06] | Me? Everyone’s saying it. | 我吗 大家都这么说 |
[06:08] | Who is this? | 这谁 |
[06:10] | My new analyst. | 我新请的分析师 |
[06:11] | Well, if we hired you, you must be a genius. | 我们会雇用你 你一定是个天才 |
[06:14] | Yale? | 耶鲁毕业 |
[06:14] | Stanford. Then Wharton. | 斯坦福 然后去了沃顿商学院 |
[06:16] | Okay, Stanford-Wharton. | 好 斯坦福-沃顿高材生 |
[06:18] | Electric Sun is controlled by Kazawitz. | 卡兹维兹控股电阳 |
[06:20] | He also owns 19.3% of Lumetherm | 他也持有19.3%的鲁姆瑟姆股份 |
[06:23] | backdoored through his stake in Southern Wind. | 因为他和南方风能利害攸关才偷偷拿到的 |
[06:25] | You see that block trade last Thursday come out of Merrill? | 你知道上周四美林的那笔大宗交易吗 |
[06:28] | Yeah. That was Fortress | 知道 那是富塞视 |
[06:29] | cashing out their shorts before the merger. | 想在并购前把资金短缺的部分套现 |
[06:32] | Wasn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[06:33] | Trade was at 12:52, when everyone was at lunch, | 交易是在12:52进行的 那是午餐时间 |
[06:35] | which tells me they wanted it to be missed. | 也就意味着他们不想被他人知道 |
[06:37] | You guys caught it, which is something, I guess. | 可你们注意到了 有点本事 |
[06:40] | But you’re looking at it backward. | 但你们看待这个事情的方向不对 |
[06:41] | Electric Sun’s offer was just a ploy | 电阳出的价是为了暂时支持鲁姆瑟姆 |
[06:43] | to temporarily prop up Lumetherm. | 而耍的花招 |
[06:45] | Typical Kazawitz play to bail on a loser. He’s an animal. | 典型的科兹维兹式背弃输家手段 他很无情 |
[06:48] | The block trade was Kazawitz getting out of Southern Wind, | 那笔大宗交易让科兹维兹摆脱南方风能 |
[06:51] | getting out of Lumetherm. | 摆脱鲁姆瑟姆 |
[06:53] | He rode the story, now he’s out, | 他操控全局 现已置身事外 |
[06:54] | which means you need to be out. | 这意味着你得出来 |
[06:56] | In fact, short. | 实际上 要卖空 |
[06:57] | It’ll slide to $32 and change after word breaks. | 股价将跌至32美元 谈判破裂后还会变 |
[07:02] | That’s a good catch, Axe. | 这一手真漂亮 阿克斯 |
[07:06] | My cholesterol’s high enough. | 我的胆固醇够高了 |
[07:08] | Don’t butter my ass, Danzig. Just get smarter. | 别说这些腻歪我 丹泽 学聪明点 |
[07:12] | Your read was good with the information you had. | 你对手头上的信息解读得不错 |
[07:15] | You’re new. You’ll figure it out. | 你还是新人 会明白的 |
[07:17] | Or you’ll be gone. | 否则就给我走人 |
[07:21] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷啊 |
[07:22] | Yeah. And he went to Hofstra. | 对啊 他念的是霍夫斯特拉大学 |
[07:26] | This is big. It’s criminal. | 这事可闹大了 是犯罪啊 |
[07:29] | And I want to be a part of treeing Bobby Axelrod. | 我也想抱波比·阿克斯罗德大腿了 |
[07:32] | Hey, I want to be an astronaut, | 我还想当宇航员呢 |
[07:34] | but, uh, you know, I get airsick in choppy weather. | 可你得知道 天气要是不好我也会晕机 |
[07:37] | Your burden of proof is lower. | 你的举证责任要轻一些 |
[07:39] | They’ll talk to you | 他们愿意和你谈 |
[07:39] | because they’re happy to pay a fine and move on. | 因为他们很乐意交完罚款然后接着干 |
[07:42] | I’m at the coalface. | 我可是干活跑腿的一线员工 |
[07:44] | And I really don’t appreciate you strolling in here | 我真不想看到你在这儿溜达 |
[07:47] | and telling me how to deploy my resources | 教我如何调配我的资源 |
[07:49] | because you can’t build your own fucking case. | 因为你他妈的都没法自己立案 |
[07:52] | I get it. You guys are rock stars. | 我懂了 你们是摇滚明星 |
[07:53] | Yeah, we get it. You want to be one, too. | 对 我们也懂了 你也想加入 |
[07:55] | None of that matters. | 都无所谓了 |
[07:56] | Uh, Spyros, if you’ve locked on to some trail of bread crumbs | 斯派罗 你要是锁定了 |
[08:00] | that leads to Bobby Axelrod, | 某些能指向波比·阿克斯罗德的线索 |
[08:02] | that could be a win for everyone. | 那对大家而言可是共赢啊 |
[08:03] | So, leave your stuff, we’ll take a look, | 那么把你的东西留下 我们会看的 |
[08:06] | and we’ll let you know if it rises to the level | 也会通知你案子是否严重到 |
[08:08] | that we can prosecute, | 我们可以起诉的程度 |
[08:09] | one that won’t be reversed on appeal. | 不会被驳回上诉 |
[08:12] | You know, I understand the source of your reluctance. | 你知道 我也理解你的为难之处 |
[08:16] | I have a wife, too. | 我也有妻子 |
[08:19] | But it’s your job… | 可这是你的工作… |
[08:19] | Hey, you got your answer. | 你得到答复了 |
[08:21] | We’re done. | 没什么好说的了 |
[08:51] | I loved and remember each and every one of your fathers, | 我爱着也牢记你们每一个人的父亲 |
[08:55] | so I’m proud of all of you | 你们将在今年秋季入学 |
[08:57] | who are ready to head off to school in the fall. | 我以你们为傲 |
[08:59] | 26 of ours put through college | 到目前为止 在纪念基金会的帮助下 |
[09:02] | by the Memorial Foundation so far. | 我们有26人上完大学 |
[09:05] | And this year’s group… so let’s bring them up, | 今年的这批 我们来认识一下 |
[09:07] | and let’s give them a round of applause for their achievement. | 为他们取得的成绩给予热烈的掌声 |
[09:09] | Freddie Aquafino, off to Duke. | 弗雷迪·阿卡费诺 考上了杜克大学 |
[09:17] | Freddie, Freddie. | 弗雷迪 弗雷迪 |
[09:18] | I traded shoulder to shoulder with your father. | 我和你父亲曾是并肩打拼的商业伙伴 |
[09:22] | He’d be so proud of you today. | 他会为你今天取得的成绩骄傲 |
[09:26] | First year’s tuition and board. | 这是第一年的学费和食宿费 |
[09:28] | All right, come here. | 好 过来 |
[09:33] | That’s what this is all about, guys. | 各位 这就是重点所在 |
[09:35] | Not only how our firm survived 9/11, | 不仅在于我们公司如何挺过了911 |
[09:39] | but how we didn’t give up. | 还在于我们没有放弃 |
[09:40] | How we committed to each other, to our family. | 在于我们如何向对方及我们的家人承诺 |
[09:45] | And I am so moved by how we’ve all flourished together. | 今日能共富贵 我甚为感动 |
[09:48] | Some flourishing more than others. | 有人比其他人更富贵 |
[09:52] | It’s just wrong that you’re the one standing there. | 站在那里的不应该是你 |
[09:56] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[09:57] | No, no. It’s okay. June… | 不 不 没事 琼 |
[10:01] | I’d feel the same way. | 我能体会 |
[10:03] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[10:05] | You got to be thinking, “Why was he spared? | 你一定在想 “他为何可以幸免于难 |
[10:08] | Why is my husband gone?” | 而我丈夫遇难了” |
[10:10] | For months after the planes hit, | 在飞机袭击后的几个月里 |
[10:11] | all I could do was ask myself why. | 我能做的就是扪心自问 |
[10:15] | Why was I the only surviving partner? | 为何我是唯一幸存下来的人 |
[10:17] | Why wasn’t I there? | 我当时为何没在那里 |
[10:18] | Could… could I have done something? | 我本可以做点什么吗 |
[10:20] | Why was I the only one out of the office | 为何我是那天上午 |
[10:21] | on meetings that morning? | 唯一出去开会的人 |
[10:25] | We’ll never know. | 我们永远无法得知答案 |
[10:29] | So I made up my own “Why.” | 所以我给了自己理由 |
[10:32] | Because of you. | 因为你们 |
[10:35] | You put it all on your back, Bobby. | 你把一切都揽到了自己身上 波比 |
[10:40] | Am I the greatest guy in the world? | 我是世上最伟大的人吗 |
[10:42] | Hell, no. | 当然不是 |
[10:44] | I just did what I knew the partners and friends I’d lost | 我只是做了已逝伙伴和好友们 |
[10:46] | would’ve done for my family. | 也会为我家人做的事 |
[10:49] | What your husband would’ve done, June. | 你丈夫也会做的事 琼 |
[10:54] | And you know I’m sorry. | 你也知道我很难过 |
[11:02] | ‘Cause I miss Rake every day… | 因为我每天都在想念雷克 |
[11:07] | just as my beautiful wife, Lara, | 就像我美丽的妻子 萝拉 |
[11:11] | misses her heroic brother Dean. | 思念她英勇的哥哥迪恩一样 |
[11:17] | Bobby Axelrod is Mike Tyson in his prime. | 波比·阿克斯罗德就像全盛期的麦克·泰森 |
[11:22] | And you do not want Mike Tyson in his prime. | 而你不会希望遭遇全盛时期的麦克·泰森 |
[11:25] | Remember what happened to the guys who fought him then? | 还记得当时和他对战的家伙们结局如何吗 |
[11:26] | Yeah, they got their faces pushed in. | 记得 他们被打得面目全非 |
[11:28] | But eventually he got beat. | 可最后他也被打败了 |
[11:30] | Buster Douglas knocked him on his ass. | 博斯特·道格拉斯把他打得很惨 |
[11:31] | – Right. – Ketchup? | -没错 -要番茄酱吗 |
[11:32] | “Eventually” is the key word. | 关键词是”最后” |
[11:35] | When Tyson was ready to go. | 泰森该退位的时候 |
[11:38] | Since my appointment, | 我履职以来 |
[11:38] | this office is undefeated in financial prosecutions… | 我们办公室在金融起诉案上未尝一败 |
[11:41] | 81 and 0. | 81比0 |
[11:42] | And that’s because I know when the time is right. | 那是因为我知道什么才是正确的时机 |
[11:44] | I get it, but… this would be a big one. | 我明白 但是 这可是起大案子 |
[11:49] | Bryan, what do you think happened here this morning? | 布莱恩 今天早上的事你有什么看法 |
[11:52] | We got significant information. | 我们得到了一条重大信息 |
[11:54] | Maybe. Or maybe it was Spyros setting us up. | 有可能 也可能是斯派罗在给我们下套 |
[11:58] | Now, we go in first and lose in the criminal action, | 如果我们先出手 在刑事诉讼上输了 |
[12:01] | Spyros in the S.E.C. can still get him civilly. | 身处证交会的斯派罗仍然可以做民事起诉 |
[12:04] | Now, we win, Spyros wins. We lose… | 我们赢 斯派罗获利 我们要是输了 |
[12:08] | Spyros still fucking wins. | 他妈的斯派罗还是获利 |
[12:09] | Damn. The ketchup’s empty. | 去他的 番茄酱没了 |
[12:12] | We’ve got to be playing three-dimensional chess. | 我们这是在下三维国际象棋 |
[12:15] | Axe is a folk hero in this town. | 阿克斯是这个地方的民间英雄 |
[12:18] | The guy gave the New York City Firefighter’s Foundation | 这家伙去年向纽约市消防员基金会 |
[12:21] | $100 million last year. | 捐了一亿美元 |
[12:23] | Police gave him a plaque at Ground Zero | 警方在世贸大楼遗址给他立了个牌子 |
[12:25] | with his goddamn name on it. | 他那破名字就写在上面 |
[12:27] | Spitzer’s name was on all the highway signs, too. | 以前公路标志牌上不也都是斯皮策州长的名字 |
[12:29] | Signs come down. | 是牌子就会倒下 |
[12:31] | That’s why I love you, man. | 所以我这么爱你啊 |
[12:34] | But a good matador doesn’t try to kill a fresh bull. | 但是斗牛士不会杀一头刚出场的牛 |
[12:39] | You wait until he’s been stuck a few times. | 你得等牛被刺了几次之后再说 |
[12:44] | We need an opening, however small. | 我们需要一个切入的机会 无论多小 |
[12:46] | Then we get the guy the moment that he’s gettable, | 等抓到了可乘之机再下手 |
[12:49] | just like the others. | 就像对其他人一样 |
[12:50] | But not if there’s a chance we lose. | 如果有输的可能就绝不动手 |
[12:56] | What about… the other issue? | 那 另一件事呢 |
[12:59] | The one Spyros mentioned… home? | 斯派罗提到的 家里面的那位 |
[13:04] | Was he right about that? | 他说对吗 |
[13:07] | No. | 不对 |
[13:17] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[13:19] | I-I don’t… | 我 我不 |
[13:20] | – I don’t know what… – You know what, it’s a tough day | -我不知道 -今天过得不容易 |
[13:21] | for everyone. | 大家都一样 |
[13:23] | Just… | 只是 |
[13:25] | I just had to sell the Oceanis. | 我才被逼无奈把遨享仕游艇卖掉 |
[13:30] | Rake just loved that boat. | 雷克超爱那艘船的 |
[13:32] | I am sure that’s why it upset you. | 我相信你这么难过就是因为这个 |
[13:35] | You know, me, I never set foot on a yacht | 其实我在和波比开始约会之前 |
[13:36] | until I started dating Bobby. | 从未上过游艇 |
[13:38] | In Inwood, growing up, | 在因伍德这个地方长大 |
[13:40] | the only boating we ever did was the Staten Island Ferry. | 我坐过的船只有史坦顿岛的渡轮 |
[13:44] | Big Irish family. Five sibs. | 爱尔兰大家庭 兄弟姐妹五个 |
[13:46] | Close, though. | 关系倒是不错 |
[13:48] | Firemen, cops, nurses. | 消防员 警察 护士 |
[13:52] | Then, when I moved up here, | 我后来搬到这边 |
[13:54] | this world, I saw how everyone looked at me. | 在这里 我看懂了每个人是如何看待我 |
[13:58] | I never judged. | 我从来没有瞧不起你 |
[14:00] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[14:04] | So I got my act together. | 所以我努力打理自己 |
[14:06] | And I’m comfortable in this life. | 我现在已经很适应这样的生活 |
[14:09] | But certain things you learn in Inwood, | 但是在因伍德学到的一些事 |
[14:10] | they never leave you… you know, like the idea | 从来不会忘却 比如说 |
[14:12] | that if someone has a problem with you | 如果有人和你不愉快 |
[14:14] | and they come to you in person, | 还亲自找上你 |
[14:16] | you do what you can to take care of it. | 你就要尽力解决这个问题 |
[14:18] | But if they take that beef public, | 但是如果他们当着大家的面抱怨 |
[14:22] | the ground just falls out from beneath them where I’m from. | 按照我老家的人的作风 场面就不可收拾了 |
[14:25] | You find yourself all alone. | 你会发现你只有孤身一人 |
[14:29] | Are you threatening me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[14:32] | You’re fucking right I am. | 你说的真他妈对 |
[14:34] | It’s how I grew up. | 我就是这么长大的 |
[14:43] | Excuse me, sir? | 先生打扰一下 |
[14:44] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[14:45] | I may be speaking out of turn… | 可能是我多嘴 |
[14:46] | I probably shouldn’t have even been in the room | 当你们讨论艾克斯罗德的事的时候 |
[14:48] | where Axelrod was discussed… | 我本来都不应该待在你办公室的 |
[14:49] | but you know the Norton place out at the beach? | 但是你们知道沙滩那边有个叫诺顿的地方吗 |
[14:51] | – Why would we? – Not you. The U.S. Attorney. | -怎么 -不是你们 是美国检察官 |
[14:53] | His father’s house is around the jetty. | 他父亲的房子就在那码头附近 |
[14:54] | Yes, I know the house. What? | 我知道那栋房子 怎么了 |
[14:55] | I just heard Bobby Axelrod is trying to buy it. | 我刚听说波比·艾克斯罗德想买下那栋房子 |
[15:08] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪儿听说的 |
[15:09] | Court clerk’s cousin works for the realtor and mentioned it. | 书记员的表亲是房产经纪人的员工 他说的 |
[15:11] | – How much? – $83 million. | -多少钱 -8300万美元 |
[15:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:15] | That would be widely reported. | 那一定会被大肆报道 |
[15:17] | Widely. | 铺天盖地 |
[15:18] | People hate guys who buy things like that. | 人们厌恶购买这类东西的人 |
[15:35] | I just lost my mojo somewhere along the line. | 最近我的魔力都不知道丢哪儿了 |
[15:38] | It’s fucking gone. | 都他妈没了 |
[15:41] | And you’re Mrs. Mojo, so I booked the appointment. | 而你是魔力太太 所以我预约了面谈 |
[15:44] | It’s Dr. Mojo. | 是魔力医生 |
[15:46] | Right. | 没错 |
[15:49] | I hear it happens to guys my age. | 我听说人到了这个岁数就会这样 |
[15:52] | Maybe I’m depressed. | 我可能是抑郁了 |
[15:53] | Maybe I should try some Prozac, Effexor… | 我可能需要吃点百忧解或者郁复伸什么的 |
[15:58] | We’ll get to that. | 这个我们等会再说 |
[15:59] | Now, have you been eating, sleeping, exercising? | 你有保持按时吃饭 睡觉 锻炼吗 |
[16:02] | Yeah, more or less. | 有 或多或少吧 |
[16:04] | Maybe not so much with the sleeping. | 可能睡得不多 |
[16:07] | And things with your wife? | 和你夫人相处呢 |
[16:09] | Okay, mostly. | 大部分时间还好 |
[16:10] | Sex? | 性生活呢 |
[16:12] | Normal. | 正常 |
[16:14] | I’ve been married 10 years, so… | 我结婚十年了 所以 |
[16:15] | So down to just once a day. | 所以减少到每天一次了 |
[16:18] | So, it’s really just the book? | 所以真的只是业绩的事吗 |
[16:21] | I’m down 4%… | 从年初至今 |
[16:23] | year to date. | 我亏损了4% |
[16:26] | Everyone else is up double digits. | 别人都是两位数增长 |
[16:30] | I’m down. | 我却亏了 |
[16:32] | – I’m fucked. – You don’t need meds. | -我完了 -你不用吃药 |
[16:35] | You’re just listening to the wrong voice. | 你不过是听从了错误的声音 |
[16:38] | You’re tuned into the one yelling at you | 你在听的那个声音 正对着你 |
[16:39] | over the loudspeaker that you’re fucking stupid | 用大喇叭喊你真他妈笨 |
[16:42] | and your performance blows. | 你的绩效一团糟 |
[16:44] | And you’re ignoring the quiet one inside | 然而你忽略了你内心中那个安静的声音 |
[16:48] | telling you where the alpha is. | 它告诉你男儿血性在哪 |
[16:51] | Now, that’s the voice that got you here. | 就是那个声音让你来这 |
[16:55] | And it’s still there if you’re willing to listen. | 如果你愿意倾听 那声音还在原地 |
[17:00] | What’s that voice telling you? | 那个声音告诉你了什么 |
[17:04] | That even though I’ve stiffed a few | 虽然我有小小的失败 |
[17:05] | that I’m pretty damn good. | 但我非常的优秀 |
[17:09] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[17:11] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[17:14] | What’d you take down last year? | 你去年拿下的记录是多少 |
[17:16] | $7.2 million. | 720万 |
[17:17] | $7.2 million. | 720万 |
[17:22] | $7.2 mill… feel that. | 720万… 你感受一下 |
[17:27] | $7.2 million. | 720万 |
[17:28] | Bring it close. | 手拿近一点 |
[17:31] | $7.2 million. | 720万 |
[17:33] | So, what’s it saying? | 你心里那个声音是怎么说的 |
[17:35] | – That I’m awesome. – There you go. | -说我是奇才 -这就对了 |
[17:36] | And what does it have to say back | 还要对那个吵闹的只会冷言冷语的声音 |
[17:38] | to that loud, critical voice? | 回敬一句什么呢 |
[17:40] | It’s saying, “Fuck you.” | 回一句 “滚你妈的” |
[17:42] | Good! | 很好 |
[17:43] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[17:47] | Now, I want you to go back to your Bloomberg | 现在 回到你的彭博平台 |
[17:49] | and cut bait on your losers… you know the ones. | 斩掉那些亏损的仓位 你清楚是哪些 |
[17:52] | The ones you’ve been defending, | 你一直在死扛着 |
[17:53] | hoping they’ll come round, | 希望它们会逆转 |
[17:54] | but, secretly, you know never will. | 但私心里 你知道它们永远不会 |
[17:56] | I want you to just commit | 我要你保证 |
[17:58] | that you’re in it for the long haul, | 你准备好打持久战 |
[18:00] | that you will succeed. | 你终将成功 |
[18:02] | And once you do that, the new ideas, | 当你那么做时 新的思路 |
[18:04] | the winners, will present themselves | 盈利品种 会自然地展现出来 |
[18:06] | because you are a winner. | 因为你是个成功者 |
[18:09] | You’re in the Special Forces here. | 你身处特种部队 |
[18:10] | You are a Navy SEAL. | 你是海豹突击队的队员 |
[18:13] | And there’s a reason for that. | 你能成为他们一员是有原因的 |
[18:14] | Did the S.E.A.L.S make a mistake signing you up? | 海豹突击队会签错你吗 |
[18:17] | No. They did not. | 不 他们不会 |
[18:19] | The S.E.A.L.S don’t make mistakes. | 海豹突击队从不犯错 |
[18:23] | So get out there and do what needs to be done. | 所以回去那边 做该做的事 |
[18:30] | We have to stop here. | 我们就聊到这里了 |
[18:54] | Hello, guys. | 小家伙们 |
[18:55] | – Daddy! – Oh, how are you? Hm? | -爸爸 -你们过得怎么样 |
[18:58] | How was school? What’d you get up to? | 学校怎么样 学了什么 |
[18:59] | – It was boring. – It was boring. | -好无聊 -好无聊 |
[19:00] | Boring. Fantastic. Money well spent. | 无聊 很好 钱花得值 |
[19:03] | Those go off after dinner, okay? | 那些我们吃过晚饭再聊 好吗 |
[19:05] | Okay! | 好 |
[19:06] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝 |
[19:07] | Hi, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[19:09] | What are you working on? | 你在忙些什么呢 |
[19:10] | Just session notes. | 只是一些会议记录 |
[19:13] | Wall-to-wall Oedipal Complexes making them all go limp? | 恋母情结泛滥导致他们举步维艰了吗 |
[19:17] | You have an amazing understanding of people. | 你对人性的理解可真是透彻 |
[19:19] | What are we drinking, here? | 我们有什么喝的 |
[19:21] | The usual. | 老样子 |
[19:23] | How’s crime fighting? | 犯罪打击得如何 |
[19:24] | The usual. | 老样子 |
[19:35] | You good with your situation? | 你对你的职位还满意吗 |
[19:38] | I know you said you might’ve been feeling bored a while back. | 我知道你说这阵子可能过得有点无聊 |
[19:41] | That’s not exactly what I said. | 我可不是这么说的 |
[19:45] | You said, uh, you weren’t sure if you were still growing. | 你是说 你不能肯定自己是否还在成长 |
[19:51] | What’s this about? | 为什么说这个 |
[19:52] | I was talking to the head counsel of G.E., | 我和美国通用公司的首席法律顾问聊过了 |
[19:54] | and they’re looking for a new head of H.R. | 他们在招HR的老大 |
[19:57] | I can put in the word if you want it. | 如果你有兴趣 我可以去打个招呼 |
[20:02] | Is there s… | 是不是… |
[20:04] | is there some reason I can’t keep doing my job? | 有什么原因 导致我不能继续现在的工作 |
[20:07] | No. What do you mean? | 没有 你这话什么意思 |
[20:10] | I heard about a position, so I presented it. | 我听别人说有职位空缺 所以来告诉你 |
[20:14] | Don’t you get enough of moving the pieces | 工作的时候在董事会里操控别人 |
[20:15] | around the board at work? | 还不够吗 |
[20:16] | Okay. You don’t want to hear about opportunities, fine. | 好吧 这个工作机会你不想听 那就算了 |
[20:20] | Are you prosecuting somebody at Axe? | 你准备起诉阿克斯公司里的谁吗 |
[20:22] | What’s going on, Chuck? | 怎么了 查克 |
[20:23] | First off, no. | 第一个问题 答案是没有 |
[20:24] | And second, you know that we don’t discuss that. | 第二个 你知道我们不能讨论 |
[20:28] | So quit your fucking job. | 所以赶紧把你那破工作辞了 |
[20:36] | Hey, Kev, will you take your sister upstairs | 凯文 带你妹妹上楼 |
[20:38] | and, uh, start the bath? | 把洗澡水打开 |
[20:39] | I’ll be up in a minute, okay? | 我一会就上去 好吗 |
[20:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:45] | Take it easy, okay? | 放松点儿 |
[20:47] | I’m the goddamn U.S. Attorney, Wendy. | 我他妈的是美国联邦检察官 温蒂 |
[20:49] | So? I’ve been working there since before we were married | 所以呢 我们结婚之前我就在那上班了 |
[20:52] | and long before you were in office. | 比你当职还早得多 |
[20:54] | Look, not that we’re there, | 并不是说我们那会儿 |
[20:58] | but we did always discuss that the day might come | 不过我们确实一直有讨论 没准哪天 |
[21:00] | when there was a conflict. | 就会发生冲突 |
[21:01] | That was before I was making eight times what you make. | 那是在我收入是你八倍之前讨论的 |
[21:04] | And before you started making Chuck Sr. plays like this. | 也在你让老查克开始玩这招之前 |
[21:07] | Leave him out of it. Okay? | 别扯上他 好么 |
[21:10] | And who makes more money? Really? | 还有谁挣的钱多 真的吗 |
[21:12] | Is this, uh, what we’re teaching the kids? | 我们就这么教孩子们吗 |
[21:14] | Oh, are we teaching them that Daddy’s job | 那我们是要教孩子 |
[21:15] | is always more important that Mommy’s? | 爸爸的工作总是比妈妈的工作重要 |
[21:17] | I work for the public good. | 我为公众利益而工作 |
[21:18] | No, you work for the good of Chuck Rhoades. | 不 你为查克·罗兹的利益而工作 |
[21:21] | Maybe sometimes they intersect. | 只是也许某些时候这两个目的交叉了 |
[21:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[21:24] | Would you turn off your fucking shrink switch? | 你能收起你心理专家这套吗 |
[21:32] | Let’s take this down a notch. | 我们都冷静点 |
[21:37] | Yeah. | 好 |
[21:41] | I just… I don’t know where all this is coming from, | 我不知道这是刮哪门子的风 |
[21:42] | and you know I don’t like to be manipulated. | 你也知道我讨厌别人对我指手画脚 |
[21:44] | I’m not manipulating. | 我没有对你指手画脚 |
[21:45] | Not that that’s what you were doing, | 并不是说你真这么做了 |
[21:46] | but that’s what I felt like. | 只是我就是这么觉得的 |
[21:49] | And of course your job’s important. | 还有你的工作当然很重要 |
[21:52] | You’re a superhero. | 你是位超级英雄 |
[21:59] | And I’m super proud of you. | 而且我为你深感自豪 |
[22:02] | But my thing matters to me, too. | 但是我的工作对我来说也很重要 |
[22:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:08] | You’re killing it. | 你工作那么出色 |
[22:23] | Watch it, there, Elmo! | 小心 艾蒙 |
[22:24] | No! Get down, boy! | 不 趴下 乖狗狗 |
[22:25] | Easy, big guy. | 悠着点 大家伙 |
[22:27] | Ah, let him be. Hey, let him be. | 别管它 别管它 |
[22:29] | Let him be. It’s okay. Let him go free. | 别管它 没事 让它随便跑吧 |
[22:33] | He’s a live wire, that one. | 这狗就跟上了发条似的 |
[22:34] | Ooh, yeah. He chewed up a custom sofa. | 没错 它把定做的沙发都咬坏了 |
[22:36] | We’ve got to calm him down. | 我们必须让它冷静下来 |
[22:37] | Send him to obedience school. | 把它送去宠物训练学校 |
[22:39] | He’s going to the vet to get fixed. | 把它送给兽医好好修理一番 |
[22:42] | Enjoy, guys. | 各位 请享用 |
[22:42] | All right, boys. What do we say to Chef Ryan? | 孩子们 我们该向瑞恩主厨说什么 |
[22:44] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[22:48] | Boys, boys, look. Look. Look at this. | 孩子们 孩子们 看 看看这个 |
[22:50] | Look, look. He’s marking his territory. | 看 它在标记它的领地 |
[22:53] | He’s peeing on the furniture. | 它在家具上撒尿 |
[22:54] | Yeah. Yeah, but he’s showing Ryan who’s boss. | 对 对 但它是在告诉瑞恩谁是头 |
[22:57] | That’s why it’s called a pissing contest | 所以两个男人抢夺地盘时 |
[22:59] | when two men try and stake out their turf. | 会比赛尿尿 |
[23:01] | I don’t love it when men do that, either. | 我也不喜欢男人那样做 |
[23:03] | Elmo, outside now! | 艾蒙 现在就出去 |
[23:05] | Come on. Poor guy. | 别这样 可怜的家伙 |
[23:08] | Dean, seventh president. | 迪恩 第七任总统是谁 |
[23:10] | Hint… two after Monroe. | 提示 门罗后两任 |
[23:12] | Jackson. Andrew Jackson. | 杰克逊 安德鲁·杰克逊 |
[23:14] | Gordie, where was he from? | 戈弟 他是哪的人 |
[23:15] | Let’s talk Yankees. | 我们聊聊洋基队吧 |
[23:17] | ‘Cause you don’t know. Don’t switch the subject. | 因为你不知道 别想转移话题 |
[23:19] | I do know. | 我知道 |
[23:21] | Prove it. | 那你说啊 |
[23:22] | Seattle? | 西雅图 |
[23:23] | There was no Seattle back then, idiot. | 那时还没有西雅图呢 笨蛋 |
[23:25] | I bet I’ll get it on the next guess. | 我打赌我再猜一个就能猜中 |
[23:27] | – Bet you don’t. – How much? | -我赌你猜不着 -赌多大 |
[23:28] | 10 push-ups. | 十个俯卧撑 |
[23:29] | Deal. | 成交 |
[23:31] | Border areas near the Carolinas. | 卡罗莱纳州的边境地区 |
[23:34] | You can’t fall for that every time, Dean. | 你不能每次都上当 迪恩 |
[23:37] | See, he knows his customer, and he sets you up. | 他了解你 给你下套了 |
[23:40] | He’s willing to look foolish short-term to win long-term. | 他是愿意扮猪吃老虎 |
[23:43] | You got to remember that. | 你得记住这点 |
[23:45] | And, Gordie, don’t sucker your brother. | 戈弟 别老耍你哥哥 |
[23:48] | All right, come on. Pay your bet. | 好了 来吧 输了做俯卧撑吧 |
[23:50] | We don’t welsh. | 我们可不赖账啊 |
[23:54] | See what you got. | 让我们瞧瞧你的本事 |
[23:57] | One. Two. | 一 二 |
[24:00] | Lower. | 低点 |
[24:01] | Three. | 三 |
[24:27] | Sir? The leniency conference starts in 10 minutes. | 先生 十分钟后进行宽大处理会议 |
[24:35] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[24:39] | Thank you for agreeing to see us. | 谢谢你愿意见我们 |
[24:41] | What the fuck are you doing here, Dad? | 你在这做什么 爸 |
[24:43] | Trying to get me disbarred? | 想让我被取消资格吗 |
[24:44] | Christ. You’re more dramatic than your mother. | 天啊 你比你妈还小题大做 |
[24:48] | We are not breaking any rules or regulations. | 我们没有违反任何规定 |
[24:50] | Mr. Rhoades is not being compensated to appear here. | 罗兹先生是无偿出席的 |
[24:54] | I know how careful he is… | 我知道他很小心 |
[24:56] | and why you brought him. | 也理解你带他来的理由 |
[24:57] | But believe me, it’s already backfired. | 但相信我 已经适得其反了 |
[25:00] | Hear us out. | 先听我们说完 |
[25:02] | Skip knows that he did wrong. | 斯基普知道他做错了 |
[25:03] | Now that he’s been, uh, convicted, sure. | 他都已经被定罪了 当然了 |
[25:05] | But when he had a chance to plead out… | 但他本有机会主动认罪的… |
[25:07] | That’s the past. | 那是过去的事 |
[25:09] | Right now, we are trying to set something up | 现在 我们想找个办法 |
[25:11] | that will allow Skip to show his rehabilitation | 让斯基普表现一下他已改过自新了 |
[25:15] | and for him to contribute to society. | 并让他为社会做点贡献 |
[25:18] | By what? | 怎么做 |
[25:20] | Oh, I know. | 我知道了 |
[25:21] | Paying a bigger fine | 付更多罚金 |
[25:22] | in exchange for reduced jail time? | 来减少坐牢时间吗 |
[25:26] | What are we talking about, uh, $5 million? | 你们打算给多少 五百万美金 |
[25:29] | We were going to suggest $10 million | 我们打算给一千万美金 |
[25:31] | in exchange for house arrest. | 将刑罚改为软禁 |
[25:32] | Which represents a far more reasonable settlement than… | 这样的解决方式更为合理 |
[25:36] | Yeah. So, that way, | 对 这样的话 |
[25:37] | instead of worrying about actually going to prison, | 就不用担心真的进监狱了 |
[25:40] | you can get right to doing charitable works | 你可以有权进行慈善工作 |
[25:42] | and warning your buddies about the pitfalls of being a bad actor. | 并警告你的朋友们做坏事是要受到惩罚的 |
[25:45] | – Exactly. – Yeah. | -正是 -好 |
[25:47] | This is Skip. | 他可是斯基普 |
[25:49] | And it is a fair offer. | 我们提出的条件也很合理 |
[25:51] | Yeah, it sounds reasonable. | 对 听起来挺合理的 |
[25:55] | And it’s the type of deal | 而且这种交易 |
[25:57] | that has been made in this library… countless times… | 已经在这个书房进行过很多次了 |
[26:08] | …by my predecessors, | 但那是我的前任们做的 |
[26:11] | but not by me. | 我不会这么做 |
[26:14] | You don’t buy your way out of justice here. | 在这你不能靠钱摆脱正义的制裁 |
[26:17] | You thought, because of our history, bringing my father, | 你以为凭借我们的过往和我爸的出现 |
[26:20] | this would afford you some kind of a fucking courtesy? | 我就会出于礼貌同意你这种交易吗 |
[26:23] | No. He volunteered. | 不 他自愿来的 |
[26:24] | Well, you all miscalculated… badly. | 你们都算错了 大错特错 |
[26:31] | You know, instead of using my father, | 你知道吗 你不该利用我父亲 |
[26:33] | you should’ve emulated him | 你应该效仿他 |
[26:34] | and built your fortune without crossing the line. | 用不违法的形式获取财富 |
[26:37] | You didn’t. | 你没这么做 |
[26:39] | So now your cronies are gonna see | 所以现在你的好朋友会看到 |
[26:41] | that they better not trade on inside information | 他们最好不要进行内幕交易 |
[26:43] | or abuse their positions, or they’re gonna end up like you. | 不要滥用职权 不然他们会和你一样 |
[26:47] | Broke, humiliated, and incarcerated… | 破产 丢脸并受到监禁 |
[26:52] | as per the law. | 一切按法律行事 |
[26:55] | I am not prepared for this. | 我没想到是这种结果 |
[26:59] | I… I can’t. | 我…我不能 |
[27:04] | Please. | 拜托 |
[27:05] | Chuck… | 查克… |
[27:08] | you know I am not a bad man. | 你知道我不是个坏人 |
[27:11] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[27:13] | This was to be about leniency. Have some mercy. | 今天要讨论的是宽大处理 仁慈一点吧 |
[27:19] | My father always told me that “Mercy” was a word | 我的父亲一直教导我”仁慈”是 |
[27:22] | that pussies used when they couldn’t take the pain. | 没种的家伙不能承受痛苦时才用的词汇 |
[27:28] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你 爸 |
[27:30] | But if you walk into my office | 但如果你再走进我的办公室 |
[27:32] | and try to use your influence again, | 想要影响我的工作 |
[27:33] | you are gonna walk out of here in handcuffs. | 我就逮捕你 |
[27:43] | Mr. Wolkowska… | 沃尔卡斯卡先生… |
[27:50] | Skip. | 斯基普 |
[27:54] | I’ve known you since I was a boy. | 我从小就认识你了 |
[27:55] | I remember you and my dad exchanging sets | 我记得你和我爸爸 |
[27:58] | on the tennis court out East. | 一起打网球 |
[28:02] | I never wanted to see you like this. | 我从不想看到你这样 |
[28:04] | I never wanted you to. | 我从不想让你看到 |
[28:05] | Yeah, but here we are. | 但我们还是到了这一步 |
[28:09] | So please hear this. | 所以请好好听 |
[28:10] | I know that you have the strength to get through it… | 我知道你有能力挺过去 |
[28:15] | and come out the other side a better man. | 在出狱后成为更好的人 |
[28:20] | I wish you well. | 希望你一切都好 |
[28:43] | Yo, Axe. | 阿克斯 |
[28:46] | Really? Here? | 真的要在这妈 |
[28:47] | They were gonna obliterate each other on Superior Auto. | 他们为优越汽车公司争得你死我活 |
[28:50] | Has to be your call. | 必须由你做决定 |
[28:55] | We’ve got to stay long, Superior. | 我们必须保持买入 优汽公司 |
[28:59] | We should increase our position, I think. | 我们应该加仓 我这么认为 |
[29:01] | You think? | 你认为 |
[29:02] | Aluminum wheels for cars and light-duty trucks | 铝轮毂在汽车和轻型卡车方面 |
[29:05] | have totally replaced steel. | 已经完全取代了钢制车轮 |
[29:07] | And the numbers out of the factory | 而从工厂的数据来看 |
[29:09] | are telling me Superior is producing the shit out of them. | 优汽在大量生产这种车轮 |
[29:12] | “Dollar” Bill… | “一美元”比尔 |
[29:14] | What does the cheapest man in America think? | 你这个美国最便宜的人怎么看 |
[29:16] | That “The Pouch” is wrong. | 我认为眼袋兄错了 |
[29:18] | Numbers out of the factory tell me | 我对工厂的数据的理解是 |
[29:19] | that they over-produced this quarter. | 他们这季生产量过大 |
[29:20] | They’re stuck with merch they can’t move, | 他们的商品会滞销 |
[29:22] | and the stock’s gonna dip. | 股价会下跌 |
[29:23] | Short. | 做空 |
[29:26] | What’s your level of certainty? | 你有多确定 |
[29:50] | I am not uncertain. | 我很确定 |
[29:56] | We’re done here. | 就这样 |
[29:58] | Why didn’t you tell me you were certain? | 你为什么没告诉我你很确定 |
[30:00] | Why would I? | 我为什么要说 |
[30:01] | Do your own fucking work. | 你自己做功课去 |
[30:03] | Okay, come on! | 好了 加油 |
[30:04] | Any time you can disrupt a criminal enterprise, | 能够破坏一个犯罪集团 |
[30:08] | that’s a good result, and that is what happened here. | 总是件好事 而这次正是如此 |
[30:12] | Once again, over 400 kilos of cocaine, | 我们又一次查获四百多公斤的可卡因 |
[30:16] | dozens of weapons seized. | 几十支武器 |
[30:17] | $2.8 million off the streets in this takedown. | 共计280万美元的赃款肃清 |
[30:22] | All defendants have been indicted | 所有被指控的被告人 |
[30:24] | and are also off the streets. | 也都不再危害百姓 |
[30:26] | Mr. Rhoades! | 罗兹先生 |
[30:28] | All right. Thanks, guys. | 好了 谢谢大家 |
[30:29] | You’re proud about small-time convictions | 你抓了些小偷小摸定了罪 |
[30:31] | – of small-time players… – Hey, hey. That’s enough. | -就洋洋自得 -这位 到此为止 |
[30:32] | …uneducated minorities with limited options. | 这些没上过学 没有多少选择的少数群体 |
[30:35] | – That’s enough. – What about the hundreds of millions… | -到此为止 -那些成百上千个在金融领域 |
[30:36] | billions… in fraudulent gains in the financial sector? | 非法赚到几百万甚至数十亿的人呢 |
[30:40] | Why aren’t you prosecuting the investment banks | 你为什么不起诉使用内幕交易的 |
[30:42] | and hedge funds for insider trading? | 投行和对冲基金呢 |
[30:45] | You’re bragging about netting minnows, | 你为了钓到小鱼小虾大肆炫耀 |
[30:47] | but you won’t touch a firm like Axe Capital. | 但却不敢动像阿克斯资本这样的公司一毫 |
[30:54] | My office is soft on financial crime. | 我的团队在金融犯罪上过于温和 |
[30:58] | Go ask the 81 convicted felons of financial crimes | 去问问那些定了罪 在监狱里服刑的 |
[31:01] | currently serving time. | 81位金融罪犯 |
[31:02] | But you have a very specific conflict of interest | 但是你家里就有个很明确的 |
[31:04] | right in your own home. | 利益冲突 |
[31:05] | Growing up, I saw firsthand | 我从小到大 亲眼看到了 |
[31:09] | the corrosive power that big business can have, | 大型企业能够具有的腐蚀性力量 |
[31:12] | and I am determined to check that. | 我将坚决地打击此类违法犯罪 |
[31:15] | Take Skip Wolkowska. | 以斯基普·沃尔卡斯卡为例 |
[31:18] | Now, he has many influential friends, | 他有很多位高权重的朋友 |
[31:22] | but their entreaties on his behalf were not entertained. | 但我们并没有考虑他们为他的恳求 |
[31:25] | As your own paper reported, | 你自己的报纸报道过 |
[31:27] | Mr. Wolkowska will serve his full sentence, | 沃尔卡斯卡先生将满期服刑 |
[31:30] | effective immediately. | 立刻执行 |
[31:32] | That’s all the time I really have. Thanks. | 我没有时间了 谢谢 |
[31:35] | Who let The fucking Journal in | 是谁让这家该死的报纸进来 |
[31:36] | with the blindsided questions? | 搞突然袭击的 |
[31:37] | He was not supposed to… | 他本来不应该… |
[31:50] | That guy you know over at Skadden on Axe’s team… | 你在世达律所认识的那个阿克斯公司的人 |
[31:53] | Yeah, Orrin Bach. He was my law professor. | 奥林·巴赫 他是我法律教授 |
[31:55] | Yeah. Get with him. | 对 联系他 |
[31:55] | And tell him to tell Axe not to buy that house. | 让他告诉阿克斯别买那栋房子 |
[31:59] | Not to buy…? | 别买… |
[32:02] | Nice. | 厉害 |
[32:05] | I need Spyros at the S.E.C. | 帮我接通证监会的斯派罗 |
[32:14] | – Spyros. – Do you know the story | -我是斯派罗 -你知道那个 |
[32:16] | about the mouse that starts roaring like a lion? | 老鼠开始像狮子一样咆哮的故事吗 |
[32:19] | No. | 不知道 |
[32:19] | Yeah. It doesn’t end well for the goddamn mouse. | 那只老鼠的结局不大好 |
[32:23] | Do the people you work with pretend they’re impressed | 当你像电影里功夫大师一样 |
[32:25] | when you speak in riddles | 打哑谜的时候 |
[32:26] | like some kung-fu instructor from the movies? | 你的同事们会假装特别惊叹吗 |
[32:29] | Well, let me be direct. | 那我就直说了 |
[32:31] | I know you sent that reporter in to ask about Axe Capital. | 我知道让那个记者来问阿克斯资本的是你 |
[32:37] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[32:39] | We’re on the same side. | 我们是一条战线的 |
[32:40] | You’re on your side. I’m on mine. | 你有你的战线 我有我的 |
[32:42] | Well, we can both benefit. | 但我们都能获益 |
[32:45] | And besides, it’s the right thing to do. | 再说了 这做法是正确的 |
[32:47] | Spyros, you wouldn’t know the right thing to do | 斯派罗 就算正确的做法跪下来 |
[32:49] | if it kneeled down and sucked your tiny goddamn cock! | 舔你那小东西 你也不懂什么是正确的 |
[32:52] | You pull any shit like that again | 你再像这样胡作非为 |
[32:54] | and I will loose holy fucking hell on you! | 我就让你吃尽苦头 |
[33:09] | So, this is how a man with no conscience spends his time. | 没有良知的人原来是这么打发时间的 |
[33:13] | It’s how a grown-up does. | 这是成年人的做法 |
[33:16] | You know, I remember when you were my professor, | 我还记得你做我教授时 |
[33:18] | you told us a lawyer’s calling was beyond mere recompense. | 你说律师的使命比一点点薪水更重要 |
[33:22] | It was to serve the spirit of the law regardless of gain. | 是要为法之精神服务 不计得失 |
[33:25] | Yeah. It is. | 是的 没错 |
[33:27] | Until it’s not. | 直到不再如此为止 |
[33:30] | What? | 什么 |
[33:31] | You’ll see. | 你会懂的 |
[33:32] | Once you sell out and play for the defense, too. | 在你倾其所有为被告辩护之后 |
[33:35] | Nah, I’ve found my calling. | 不了 我找到了我的使命 |
[33:36] | Okay, Claude Dancer. | 好 克劳德·丹瑟 |
[33:39] | One day you’ll be coming to me just like this, | 有一天你会像我一样 |
[33:41] | asking for a job. | 要找工作 |
[33:43] | The good news is this… when you get out of there, | 好消息是 等你离开那里时 |
[33:46] | you’re starting at $1.4, easy. | 你能轻轻松松年薪140万 |
[33:50] | Nail a few headline cases… $1.7. | 要是诉了几件上头条的案子 170万 |
[33:52] | Better news? | 更好的消息是 |
[33:54] | I’ll hire you. | 我就会雇你 |
[33:55] | – I’m staying. – No, you’re not. | -我不会走的 -不 你会的 |
[33:58] | Hey, speaking of headlines, | 说到头条新闻 |
[33:59] | is this shit we’re hearing about the beach house real? | 那个海边别墅的事情是真的吗 |
[34:01] | ‘Cause that’s a headline you don’t want. | 你们应该不希望看到这种事情上头条吧 |
[34:03] | Since when’s a rich guy buying a house illegal? | 从什么时候开始有钱人买别墅也犯法了 |
[34:06] | There’s the way things look and the way things are. | 事情的表相和真相是两码事 |
[34:08] | You taught me that. | 这是你教我的 |
[34:09] | It’s like he’s slapping my guy in the face with a white glove. | 他简直就是在变着法地羞辱我们 |
[34:11] | You know what happens next. | 你很清楚接下来会发生什么 |
[34:12] | If there were any doubt, we’d tie him to his chair. | 如果这件事有任何风险 我们会阻止他的 |
[34:16] | World’s full of snipers. | 世界上有不计其数的人想搞垮他 |
[34:19] | But Bobby runs a clean shop. | 但是波比的生意干干净净 |
[34:20] | So he just keeps a top defense firm | 所以他付每小时八百美元的定金 |
[34:22] | on retainer at $800 an hour | 雇佣顶级辩护律师 |
[34:23] | because he loves lawyers? | 仅仅是因为他爱律师吗 |
[34:24] | Must be. | 必须的 |
[34:26] | And we’re $1,000 an hour. | 我们现在一千美元一小时了 |
[34:34] | There’s nothing there. | 真的没有任何问题 |
[34:37] | Like Warren Buffett says, | 沃伦·巴菲特说过 |
[34:39] | you put a police car on anyone’s tail for 500 miles, | 任何人被警车跟踪五百英里 |
[34:44] | he’s gonna get a ticket. | 总会有吃罚单的时候 |
[34:54] | Come in. | 请进 |
[34:57] | Bite? | 要尝尝吗 |
[34:59] | Oh, God, no. | 不用了 |
[35:01] | I’m glad you came in. | 很高兴你过来了 |
[35:03] | I was gonna come see you. | 我本来还打算过去找你 |
[35:05] | About? | 有事吗 |
[35:07] | A purchase I’m considering. | 我在考虑进行一笔消费 |
[35:09] | An impulse purchase? | 冲动消费吗 |
[35:10] | Naturally. | 理所当然的消费 |
[35:11] | Sizeable? | 一大笔钱 |
[35:14] | I’m guessing it’s something you may not even particularly need. | 我猜一定是你根本不怎么需要的东西 |
[35:17] | People are saying if I do, it’ll unleash the hounds… | 人们说如果我买了 会有大麻烦 |
[35:21] | which makes me want it even more. | 这样一来我更想买了 |
[35:23] | That’s good. Back when we started, | 挺好的 我们刚开始的时候 |
[35:25] | you wouldn’t have been able to recognize the motivation | 都要等你买到手很久之后 |
[35:27] | until long after you bought it. | 才了解购买动机 |
[35:29] | Well, back when we started, I was just rich, not super-rich. | 那个时候 我还只是有钱 不是超级有钱 |
[35:34] | You know, being a billionaire… | 作为一名亿万富翁 |
[35:39] | I never get to talk about this with anyone | 我还从来没跟人说过这些 |
[35:41] | ’cause who’s gonna give a shit? | 因为谁在意呢 |
[35:43] | But being a billionaire, when you walk into a room, | 作为亿万富翁 当你走进一个房间 |
[35:46] | it’s like being a woman with a perfect set of tits. | 感觉就像是一个女人拥有完美的胸部 |
[35:50] | Or great legs. | 或是超级美腿 |
[35:51] | Or eyes like yours. | 或者像你这样的眼睛 |
[35:54] | You know exactly what everyone’s looking at, | 你非常清楚大家的眼睛盯着什么 |
[35:55] | and you know exactly what they want. | 你非常清楚大家想要什么 |
[36:00] | You know what that’s like. | 你应该知道那是什么感觉 |
[36:01] | Okay, player. | 好吧 大玩家 |
[36:04] | Identifying the fact that buying can be a surrogate for power | 能认识到购买力是权力的替代品 |
[36:07] | and that outside authority isn’t something you do well, | 这种外在权威不是你擅长的 |
[36:10] | this is progress. | 这已经是一种进步了 |
[36:11] | You’ve come a long way since we started. | 跟我们开始的时候比 你有了很大的进步 |
[36:13] | I guess… | 差不多吧 |
[36:15] | considering when we started I was staggering around | 想想刚开始的时候 我还跌跌撞撞 |
[36:18] | crying along with the half of us still breathing. | 跟幸存下来的一半人一起哭哭啼啼 |
[36:23] | But knowing isn’t enough. | 但是只是知道还不够 |
[36:25] | You’ve got to exercise control. | 你必须要学会控制 |
[36:27] | Don’t get into a bitch fight over nothing. | 别卷入无意义的掐架 |
[36:29] | Don’t buy it. | 不要买 |
[36:35] | You nailed Lumetherm Power. Deal crumbled. | 鲁姆瑟姆能源的股票你说对了 交易没成 |
[36:37] | I covered at $31.19. | 我在31.19美元的时候平仓了 |
[36:40] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[36:40] | You said $32-ish, but I saw it was going even further, | 你说32美元左右 但我觉得还会跌 |
[36:43] | – so I waited. – Whoa, living dangerously. | -所以我等了一下 -有胆识 |
[36:45] | All right. Good job. | 干得漂亮 |
[36:48] | You just made us another $18 million. | 你又帮我们赚了一千八百万美元 |
[36:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[36:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:57] | We got sidetracked. | 刚才被打岔了 |
[37:00] | You came to me. | 是你过来找我的 |
[37:09] | You’re thinking about leaving. | 你是打算辞职吗 |
[37:12] | Uh, well, it’s… crossed my mind. | 我确实 有过这个想法 |
[37:18] | Is this about comp? | 是薪水的问题吗 |
[37:19] | No. | 不是 |
[37:21] | God, no. You’ve… you’ve always made that clear. | 当然不是 你在这方面没有亏待过我 |
[37:23] | I’m better paid than anyone in my med-school class | 我比当年医学院的所有同学挣得都多 |
[37:27] | except the guy who invented the synthetic bladder. | 除了那个发明了人工膀胱的家伙 |
[37:30] | I’ll short his company, | 我可以做空他的公司 |
[37:31] | give some speeches, chop him down to size. | 教训他一顿 逼迫他降薪 |
[37:33] | It’s not about comp. | 与薪水无关 |
[37:39] | But it is about value… mine… | 我只是在思考价值 我的价值 |
[37:43] | and growth, as in whether I’m still growing. | 和成长 我是否还有上升的空间 |
[37:48] | I love this place, | 我喜欢这个地方 |
[37:49] | but I do miss seeing more than a handful of other patients. | 但是我也想帮助更多的病人 |
[37:54] | At-risk adolescents, women in crisis. | 可能失足的青少年 遭遇危机的女性 |
[37:56] | You know, using those other muscles. | 运用一下其他方面的能力 |
[37:59] | Where’s this coming from? | 你怎么会有这念头 |
[38:02] | It’s been on my mind. | 我一直都有这个想法 |
[38:07] | Your value to the firm is absolute. | 你对公司的价值是不可替代的 |
[38:11] | You just saved me from making a huge mistake | 要不是你 我刚刚差点犯下一个巨大的错误 |
[38:13] | for dick-measuring purposes. | 一个毫无意义的错误 |
[38:17] | So let’s do this. | 那就这样吧 |
[38:21] | Spend as much time away from here as you want. | 你想离开多久都可以 |
[38:24] | See other patients outside. | 去外面治疗其他的病人 |
[38:28] | But stick with me. | 但是一定要回来 |
[38:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:01] | – Hi, Mom. – Hello, dear. | -妈 我回来了 -亲爱的 |
[39:02] | I hear you’ve been very busy. | 我听说你最近非常忙 |
[39:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:05] | – He’s in the den. – Okay. | -他在书房里 -好的 |
[39:18] | What the hell was that stunt? | 你之前演的是哪一出啊 |
[39:20] | Skip Wolkowska’s an old friend. | 斯基普·沃尔卡斯卡是我的老朋友 |
[39:22] | He asked for help. I didn’t want to refuse. | 他来找我帮忙 我不想拒绝他 |
[39:26] | But I was 90% sure you’d react the way you did. | 我猜到了你会有那样的反应 |
[39:29] | It’s a win any way you look at it. | 不管怎么看 你都是赚了 |
[39:33] | How is that a win? | 我怎么会赚了 |
[39:35] | I knew that Skip’s lawyer would spread it, | 我很清楚斯基普的律师会宣扬这件事 |
[39:38] | and it’d land in the news. | 并且新闻上也会报道 |
[39:40] | And if you treat me that way, | 如果你对我都是这样的态度 |
[39:42] | they’ll all fear you. | 所有人都会怕你的 |
[39:45] | That’s what you need right now. | 这就是你现在需要的 |
[39:47] | You’ll be seen as tough on Wall Street. | 华尔街的人也会觉得你很强硬的 |
[39:51] | Some audible to call. | 真是出其不意 |
[39:53] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[39:55] | Now, listen. | 听着 |
[39:57] | You didn’t smile enough during the presser. | 你在发布会上没怎么笑 |
[39:59] | You let them get to you. | 你让他们影响到你了 |
[40:01] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[40:02] | And I didn’t like that question about Axe Capital. | 我不喜欢关于阿克斯资本的那个问题 |
[40:04] | – What prompted that? – Spyros planted it. | -怎么提出来的 -斯派罗安排的 |
[40:08] | S.E.C. wants me to move on Axe. | 证监会想让我对阿克斯开刀 |
[40:10] | It’s difficult to convict a popular man. | 给一个受欢迎的人定罪太难了 |
[40:12] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我懂 |
[40:13] | Well, if you move on him and take that risk, | 如果你决定冒风险拿他开刀 |
[40:17] | you have to get the reward. | 就必须领这份功劳 |
[40:18] | You can let the S.E.C. do the mopping up, collect their fines, | 你可以让证监会去扫尾 收罚款 |
[40:22] | but they can’t be seen as leading it. | 但是不能让他们拿了头功 |
[40:26] | A lot of people have Axelrod’s back in this city. | 这座城市有一大群人支持阿克斯罗德 |
[40:29] | He’s made them a lot of money. | 他帮他们赚了大钱 |
[40:31] | And you know the line if you’re gonna strike against the king. | 如果你想打击老大 就得清楚线路 |
[40:33] | The king is house shopping right now. | 老大正在购买房产 |
[40:37] | Prime beachfront, heritage. | 上等海滨房 老宅子 |
[40:38] | Hasn’t even come on market yet. | 还没挂牌上市 |
[40:40] | That’s a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[40:43] | A conspicuous buy like that in the news? | 像这样的炫耀性购买上新闻 |
[40:49] | He goes from a billionaire that you can pull for | 他将从一个众人拥护的亿万富翁 |
[40:51] | to just another rich asshole. | 沦为又一个纨绔子弟 |
[40:53] | If he turns the populous against him, | 如果他让大众厌恶他 |
[40:55] | he gives his edge to you. | 他就把优势让给了你 |
[40:58] | I passed word that, uh, he shouldn’t buy it. | 我传话给他 让他不要买 |
[41:03] | If he’s innocent, he passes, | 如果他是无辜的 他就不会买 |
[41:05] | because he’s a disciplined player | 因为他是个守规矩的玩家 |
[41:07] | and he knows that’s the disciplined move. | 他知道这才是他该有的行为 |
[41:11] | But a guilty man, he buys that house to show me | 但如果他有罪 他将买下房子来证明 |
[41:15] | he’s got nothing to hide. | 他没什么要隐瞒的 |
[41:18] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[41:21] | Maybe I can have a friend make a bid, | 也许我可以让一个朋友参与竞价 |
[41:23] | get the competitive juices flowing. | 刺激刺激他 |
[41:25] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[41:26] | Roger could always use a new house. | 罗杰永远不嫌新房多 |
[41:29] | And I know Denny Dantone is actively looking. | 我还知道丹尼·丹顿正在到处看房 |
[41:35] | You guys know I only drag food into this room | 你们知道的 我不会把食物端进来 |
[41:37] | for the Super Bowl. | 除非在看超级碗 |
[41:38] | Come on, Charles. I made the pot pies. | 来吧 查尔斯 我做了馅饼 |
[41:41] | I should have some time with my son. | 儿子也应该陪陪我 |
[41:42] | We’ll be right there. | 我们马上来 |
[41:46] | Your mother. | 你母亲 |
[41:47] | That’s a loyal woman. | 那才叫一个忠诚的女人 |
[41:49] | Don’t. | 别 |
[41:50] | I’m just saying that your mother | 我只是在说你母亲 |
[41:52] | would never let her job interf… | 绝不会让她的工作影… |
[41:54] | She never left the kitchen, Dad. | 她从没离开过厨房 爸爸 |
[41:56] | That’s what you wanted in a wife, not me. | 那是你想要的妻子 不是我 |
[41:58] | Still, Wendy’s making things difficult for you. | 然而 温蒂的行事让你为难 |
[42:01] | Why is she still working? | 她怎么还在上班 |
[42:02] | We started to discuss it. | 我们开始讨论这件事 |
[42:05] | Legally, there’s no conflict yet. | 从法律上讲 目前还没有冲突 |
[42:07] | She’ll do the right thing. | 她会做出正确的选择 |
[42:10] | Better hope so, son. | 希望如此吧 儿子 |
[42:14] | Danny fucking Margolis. | 你妹的丹丹·马格里斯 |
[42:16] | What brings you back? | 什么风把你吹回来了 |
[42:17] | When I saw you at Sun Valley, | 我在太阳谷看到你的时候 |
[42:18] | you said you were happy as a clam in shit at Century. | 你说在世纪资产待着快活得很 |
[42:21] | Well, I am. | 没错 |
[42:23] | I was. I mean. | 之前是挺好的 |
[42:25] | You know how it is. | 你知道那里的情况 |
[42:26] | Things are good there. | 那儿挺不错的 |
[42:28] | I like Jerry, but I miss the family. | 我喜欢杰里 但我想大家了 |
[42:30] | Well, you had to go it on your own | 想分更多的蛋糕 |
[42:31] | with a bigger chunk of the pie. | 就得凭真本事 |
[42:32] | Yeah, true. | 没错 |
[42:35] | Place looks great, by the way. | 顺便说一句 办公室不错 |
[42:38] | Is that your rolling art out front? | 门外的跑车是你的吗 |
[42:41] | The Lambo? | 那辆兰博基尼 |
[42:44] | No. | 不是 |
[42:46] | I like to sit tall in the seat. | 我喜欢座位底盘高 |
[42:48] | Look, um, I have some ideas, | 听着 我有些想法 |
[42:50] | and I’d love to share them with you. | 我想和你分享 |
[42:52] | I’d love to hear them. Come to the next dinner. | 我很乐于听 下次来吃晚餐 |
[42:55] | We’ll bang some steaks, talk some concepts. | 我们可以吃吃牛排 谈谈想法 |
[42:57] | Yeah, okay. But I was just hoping that maybe, you know… | 好的 但我希望也许 你懂… |
[42:59] | No, I know what you were hoping. | 是的 我知道你怎么想的 |
[43:02] | Door’s always open. | 大门永远为你敞开 |
[43:05] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s cool, Bobby. | 太好了 波比 |
[43:07] | I-I will. | 我会再来的 |
[43:09] | Uh, take care. | 保重 |
[43:48] | Hall. I need to see you. | 哈尔 我要见你 |
[44:05] | This is cozy. | 这里很舒适 |
[44:06] | It’s secure. | 这里安全 |
[44:08] | I checked with my sources in Washington. | 我问了我在华盛顿的线人 |
[44:10] | There’s no case file against you, | 没有立案调查你 |
[44:12] | but Dan Margolis was arrested. | 但是丹·马格里斯被捕了 |
[44:15] | He was released on his lawyer’s recognizance, | 他被他律师保释了 |
[44:17] | and his arraignment’s currently on hold. | 暂缓提审 |
[44:19] | Which tells you what? | 说明什么 |
[44:21] | That he’s cooperating. | 说明他在合作 |
[44:25] | Did you hear it okay? | 能听清楚吗 |
[44:26] | How the hell did you know? | 你又怎么知道的 |
[44:28] | He was making too much eye contact. | 他的眼神交流太多了 |
[44:30] | Barely blinked. | 几乎没眨眼 |
[44:31] | And his pulse was hammering like he was running a marathon. | 心跳得太快 像刚跑完马拉松一样 |
[44:33] | You were smart to stay quiet. | 你不动声色是明智的 |
[44:35] | Look, the S.E.C. isn’t the thing. | 听着 证监会不是什么大事 |
[44:38] | Fines are a part of life. | 罚款没什么了不起 |
[44:40] | The attack you have to worry about is the U.S. Attorney’s. | 你需要小心的是司法部 |
[44:43] | Now, here’s what you’re gonna do. | 现在 你需要这么做 |
[44:44] | One… that reporter from The Journal, | 首先 日报的那位记者 |
[44:47] | the one that was asking about you, he needs to be handled. | 问到你的那位 得把他摆平 |
[44:51] | I would do it myself, but then he’s out of the game. | 我可以自己来 但之后他就出局了 |
[44:53] | No value added. | 没什么用了 |
[44:54] | Better if you make him your best friend. | 最好你能让他成为你的好友 |
[44:57] | And two… remember, you don’t have to outswim the shark. | 其次 记住 你不用游得比鲨鱼快 |
[45:02] | You just have to outswim the guy you’re scuba diving with. | 你只要比和你一起潜水的家伙游得快就行了 |
[45:05] | You want me to do that? | 你想让我那样做 |
[45:06] | You remember that night in Reykjavik? | 你记得雷克雅未克的那晚吗 |
[45:08] | Wish I didn’t, but I do. | 真想忘了 但我还记得 |
[45:10] | You said there was only one thing you were afraid of. | 你说你只怕一件事 |
[45:14] | Windbreakers. | 风衣 |
[45:15] | Guys in windbreakers walking in your office saying, | 穿风衣的家伙走进你办公室说 |
[45:17] | “Step away from the computer.” | “离电脑远点” |
[45:19] | And you told me you’d make sure it wouldn’t happen. | 而你告诉我 你保证这件事不会发生的 |
[45:21] | So, let me make sure. | 那就让我来保证 |
[45:25] | Look there. | 看这个 |
[45:29] | Steven Birch? | 史蒂文·博奇 |
[45:30] | It’s either him or you. | 不是他 就是你 |
[45:34] | Memorize that? | 记得吗 |
[45:38] | Well, if it’s gonna be someone, it may as well be that fraud. | 如果非得搞垮谁 但愿是那个骗子 |
[45:43] | We’re sharing the stage | 这周我们要一起 |
[45:43] | at the Delivering Alpha Conference this week. | 出席”实现投资绩效大会” |
[45:48] | He acts like he’s my best friend | 他装得好像我最好的朋友 |
[45:50] | despite short squeezing me on HMOs last year. | 忘了去年拿HMO时 他的多头倾轧我的空头 |
[45:54] | So do it. | 动手吧 |
[46:00] | Hall. | 哈尔 |
[46:03] | Wendy Rhoades tried to quit today. | 今天温蒂·罗兹想辞职 |
[46:07] | We’ve been fighting back-to-back in the trenches for 15 years. | 我们一起并肩艰苦奋斗了15年 |
[46:11] | But today she tried to quit. | 她今天居然要辞职 |
[46:13] | Still trust her? | 你还信得过她 |
[46:16] | I want to. | 我想要相信她 |
[46:22] | I didn’t know this place was open for lunch. | 我都不知道这地方还能吃午餐 |
[46:24] | It’s not. | 不能的 |
[46:27] | – Thanks, Tony. – My pleasure, Mr. Axelrod. | -谢谢 托尼 -乐意效劳 阿克斯罗德先生 |
[46:30] | We’re off the record. | 没录音吧 |
[46:31] | If you fuck me, I never talk to you again. | 如果你耍我 就再也没机会跟我说话 |
[46:33] | Got it. | 明白 |
[46:34] | Good. If you ever want to come here, just call me. | 很好 你想来这里就给我打电话 |
[46:39] | Now, why was my name | 你在发布会上为什么 |
[46:40] | coming out of your mouth at a press conference? | 要提到我的名字 |
[46:42] | Hey, that was before you asked me to lunch. | 那是在你请我吃饭之前 |
[46:46] | Jump in. | 开始吧 |
[46:48] | Let’s talk about those kids you put through college. | 谈谈你资助上大学的孩子们 |
[46:50] | That’s the one question gets me walking away from the table. | 这种问题会让我想立刻离开餐桌 |
[46:53] | That’s between them and me. | 那是他们和我之间的事 |
[46:54] | I don’t talk about it with anyone else. | 我不和其他人谈这事 |
[47:03] | Bon appetit. | 祝你们用餐愉快 |
[47:06] | What’s next? | 下一个问题 |
[47:07] | Softball. Underhand. | 幕后交易 |
[47:10] | Give me some insight into how you process information. | 跟我说说你是如何获得消息的 |
[47:12] | The press acts like information’s a dirty word. | 媒体说起”消息”总像个贬义词 |
[47:15] | Everyone has access to the information. | 每个人都能获取消息 |
[47:17] | We just know how to analyze it better. | 只是我们能更好地分析它 |
[47:20] | You answer me one. | 你只回答了一个问题 |
[47:22] | When did it become a crime to succeed in this country? | 成功在这个国家成了犯罪 |
[47:25] | America used to salute the guy in the limousine. | 曾经美国人向豪车中的人致敬 |
[47:27] | They wanted to be the guy in the limousine. | 他们也渴望成为豪车中的人 |
[47:29] | They still want to. | 他们仍然想 |
[47:30] | But now they throw eggs at it. | 但现在他们朝里面的人扔鸡蛋 |
[47:32] | I only ever went egging once. | 我只扔过一次鸡蛋 |
[47:35] | Biggest house in the neighborhood, | 附近最大的宅子 |
[47:36] | and they never gave out any candy, so they deserved it. | 但他们从来不发糖果 所以他们活该 |
[47:40] | We destroyed that place. | 我们毁了那地方 |
[47:41] | Once? You’re an altar boy. | 就一次 你是当小祭司的 |
[47:43] | That was every Halloween for me. | 每年万圣节我都是 |
[47:46] | You’re from around here, right? | 你是在这一带长大的 |
[47:46] | Yeah, Grand Concourse. Then White Plains. | 是的 大广场 之后是白原市 |
[47:49] | Yeah, me too. Well, Yonkers, but it wasn’t nice back then. | 我也是 扬克斯的 从前那儿可不怎么样 |
[47:51] | Hey, man, Yonkers used to be a place | 扬克斯以前可是个好地方 |
[47:53] | where you could really get your ass kicked. | 你在那儿会被好好修理 |
[47:56] | You’re a good kid for a fucking hack. | 作为笔杆子 你小子还不赖 |
[47:58] | And you’re a good guy for a bankster. | 作为抢钱的银行家 你也蛮不错 |
[48:02] | All right, fuck it. | 好吧 |
[48:03] | I wasn’t gonna give you this, | 本来没打算告诉你 |
[48:04] | but you’re here for a story and now I like you, so… | 但你是为故事而来 而我喜欢上你了 |
[48:09] | – Steven Birch. – Piedmont Capital. | -史蒂文·博奇 -山麓资本 |
[48:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:12] | That swap deal he did on Arcadian Rail Road… | 他做的阿卡迪亚铁路的掉期交易 |
[48:16] | the timing is very curious. | 时机很古怪 |
[48:17] | What kind of swap? | 什么掉期交易 |
[48:19] | I’m not gonna write the article for you. | 我不会替你写文章 |
[48:22] | Do an autopsy on the deal, | 好好剖析这次交易 |
[48:24] | you’ll find yourself a Pulitzer in the carcass. | 够你拿个普利策奖 |
[48:30] | Here’s my cell. | 我的手机号 |
[48:34] | Don’t call until the market closes. | 休市之后再打电话 |
[48:37] | No voicemail. | 不要语音留言 |
[48:39] | – No E-mail. – Understood. | -不要电邮 -明白 |
[48:43] | Enjoy your lunch. | 用餐愉快 |
[48:51] | How do you respond to the criticism that hedge funds | 关于对冲基金是金融领域的食腐动物 |
[48:53] | are the scavengers of the financial sector | 少数对冲基金对市场造成了不当影响 |
[48:56] | and that a select few have undue influence on the markets? | 你打算如何回应这一指责 |
[48:59] | Any public statement you make or position you take | 你的任一公开言论或立场 |
[49:03] | can send a stock soaring or falling. | 都可能引发股市震荡 |
[49:04] | We’re not scavengers. | 我们不是食腐动物 |
[49:06] | We’re white blood cells scrubbing out bad companies, | 我们是清洗劣质公司的白细胞 |
[49:09] | earning for our investors, preventing bubbles. | 为投资者赚钱 预防股市泡沫 |
[49:11] | Excuse me. | 劳驾 |
[49:12] | A hedge fund like mine is a market regulator. | 譬如我的对冲基金 是市场的调节器 |
[49:14] | I want people like Bobby Axelrod on that wall. | 我想要像波比·阿克斯罗德这样的人 |
[49:17] | I need them on that wall. | 来参与这场游戏 |
[49:19] | Axe makes my life easier by shouting if he sees something. | 我沾阿克斯的光 他一发现风吹草动就给出信号 |
[49:22] | The moment I let someone in a boardroom… | 当我邀请某人提供意见 |
[49:27] | …or a government office tell me what I can or cannot buy, | 或收到政府部门指示我能做不能做 |
[49:31] | I may as well close the shop, and I’m not closing the shop. | 我可能会收手 但不会关门大吉 |
[49:35] | Let’s touch on the role of the activist investor | 在现今市场中 |
[49:37] | in today’s market. | 投资活动家的角色 |
[49:38] | I’m not just playing for myself. | 并非只为自己而做 |
[49:40] | I’m playing for all shareholders, | 我是为所有股东在工作 |
[49:42] | like my good friend Steven Birch here. | 就像我的好朋友史蒂文·博奇 |
[49:44] | Bobby Axelrod, Steven Birch, thanks to you both. | 波比·阿克斯罗德 史蒂文·博奇 非常感谢两位 |
[49:59] | Um, that, uh, thing we were talking about, | 我们之前讨论的事儿 |
[50:02] | they are levered four to one. | 它们的杠杆是4:1 |
[50:03] | When their accounting comes out, | 财务审计的结果 |
[50:04] | it’s not gonna look pretty, right? | 会很难看 对吗 |
[50:07] | Those fucking guys. I wasn’t told. | 这些混蛋 没有告诉过我 |
[50:10] | I don’t know why Brooks saved those seats for them. | 我不知道布鲁克斯为啥留位子给他们 |
[50:12] | I’m gonna find him and skin his ass. | 我要找到他 剥了他的皮 |
[50:14] | Enough. | 行啦 |
[50:15] | I’m gonna get me that scalp. | 我饶不了他 |
[50:16] | You crushed it. Crushed. | 你刚才表现得太棒了 |
[50:18] | Let’s get out of this ratfuck. | 我们离开这烂地方 |
[50:22] | Watch out. He may buy the building. | 小心 他可能会买下这栋楼 |
[50:25] | It’s an A-minus building. Needs overhaul. | 这栋楼评级A- 需要翻修 |
[50:27] | He doesn’t consider anything less than triple-A. | 他不会考虑3A评级以下的资产 |
[50:29] | – Yet he hired you. – Easy, Bryan. | -他雇佣了你 -放松 布莱恩 |
[50:31] | Learn anything from my talk? | 听我的演讲有何收获 |
[50:34] | Volumes. You staying for mine? | 收获很多 你在等我吗 |
[50:36] | I know your act. | 我知道你的动作 |
[50:39] | You sending me messages? ‘Cause I’m here. | 要向我传达信息吗 我就站在这 |
[50:44] | Well, the kids in my office | 我办公室里那些孩子真心觉得 |
[50:46] | really thought you might buy that house. | 你会买那栋房子 |
[50:49] | I told them you got big balls, | 我告诉他们你有胆 |
[50:51] | but not that big. | 但没那么有胆 |
[50:53] | Yeah, right. I’ll probably pass. | 好吧 也许我不买了 |
[50:57] | It’s so nice, though, you know. | 不过你知道吗 那房子真的很棒 |
[50:59] | Feels like you’re part of the beach and ocean. | 让你感觉与海天融为一体 |
[51:02] | And all that air out there… | 那里的空气 |
[51:05] | shit, you know about it. | 妈的 你知道的 |
[51:07] | Your daddy’s got a little place out there. | 你爸爸在那也有栋房子 |
[51:09] | He must let you use a bedroom some weekends | 你要是求他 他一定会分你个房间 |
[51:11] | if you say please. | 让你周末小住 |
[51:12] | Walk away. | 滚 |
[51:14] | I should. | 我是该走了 |
[51:16] | But then again, what’s the point of having “Fuck you” money | 不过如果不说一句”去他妈的” |
[51:20] | if you never say “Fuck you”? | 攒一笔”去他妈的资金”又有什么用呢 |
[51:23] | You’re a smart man. | 你是个聪明人 |
[51:26] | So you know when I bring an action, | 你知道如果我起诉 |
[51:30] | not some county or even state, | 不是代表县或者州 |
[51:31] | it’s the United States versus. | 而是代表整个美国 |
[51:35] | Don’t give me a reason. | 别给我起诉的理由 |
[51:36] | Oh, I know who brings an action. | 我知道起诉的是谁 |
[51:39] | And I know what you feel about your perfect record, too. | 我也知道你自负于你完美的记录 |
[51:43] | You can’t afford a mark in the loss column. | 哪怕有一次失败你都受不了 |
[51:47] | There’s a saying in baseball. | 棒球里有一种说法 |
[51:50] | Towns fire managers. | 俱乐部解雇经理 |
[51:52] | Owners just give them the bad news. | 球队所有者只负责提供负面消息 |
[51:54] | You’re the only one running the big money they cheer for. | 你是唯一手握他们想要那笔大钱的人 |
[51:59] | But that’s because you worked that 9/11 shit | 不过那是因为你在”9·11″事件中 |
[52:01] | for all it’s worth. | 赚了这栋房子这么多的钱 |
[52:02] | Fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[52:05] | I have never sent out a single press release, | 我从未发过一篇新闻稿 |
[52:07] | given one interview. | 从未接受过一次采访 |
[52:10] | I lost every one of my friends that day. | 那天我失去了所有的朋友 |
[52:12] | And you’ve managed to make some new ones since. | 那之后你倒是交了些新朋友 |
[52:17] | But like I said, they may be cheering now, | 但如我所言 他们现在也许很高兴 |
[52:21] | but believe me, they are dying to boo. | 不过相信我 他们马上也要完了 |
[52:27] | And now from the other side, | 现在 从另一边 |
[52:29] | the man whose job is to ride herd over the bulls and bears, | 有请左右牛熊大势的掌门人 |
[52:33] | Chuck Rhoades. | 查克·罗兹 |
[52:58] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[52:58] | Denny Dantone’s coming in with an offer | 丹尼·丹顿给诺顿那房子出价 |
[53:00] | on the Norton house… $62 million. | 六千二百万美元 |
[53:03] | Prepared to close in less than a week, I hear. | 听说打算一周之内付完款 |
[53:04] | How the fuck did he see it? | 他是怎么去看房的 |
[53:06] | He didn’t. He knew the house. | 他没有 他知道那栋房子 |
[53:08] | Been to parties there. | 在里面参加过派对 |
[53:10] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[53:24] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[53:25] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[53:27] | What the hell’s wrong with Elmo? | 艾蒙怎么了 |
[53:30] | He went to the vet to get fixed, remember? | 他去兽医那儿做行为矫正了 记得吗 |
[53:45] | The house, I want it. | 那栋房子 我要了 |
[53:46] | Okay, let’s take a beat. People are gonna say that… | 我们要三思 人们会说… |
[53:48] | They might. | 他们也许会说闲话 |
[53:50] | Offer $63 million cash. | 带六千三百万现金 |
[53:53] | Take it or leave it on the call. | 要么成交要么逾期不候 |
[53:55] | Wire goes out first thing. | 先走转账 |
[54:16] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[54:17] | Mike Dimonda from The Journal. | 麦克·迪蒙达来自《日报》 |
[54:19] | Sorry to wake you. | 抱歉吵醒你了 |
[54:20] | I was up. | 我起来了 |
[54:22] | I’m calling for comment. | 我来问问情况 |
[54:23] | On? | 关于什么 |
[54:24] | Skip Wolkowska, your father’s friend, committed suicide. | 你父亲的朋友斯基普·沃尔卡斯卡自杀了 |
[54:29] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[55:03] | Rough morning. | 一大早就累死 |
[55:09] | But a reminder like this is useful. | 但这样的提醒是有益的 |
[55:15] | What we do has consequences, | 我们的所作所为都有后果 |
[55:18] | intended and, uh… unintended. | 意料之中 或是意料之外 |
[55:24] | The decisions we make, the actions we bring, | 我们所做的决定 我们提出的诉讼 |
[55:26] | have weight. | 是有分量的 |
[55:31] | I’ll have to carry this one. | 今天这个将由我背负 |
[55:34] | So… | 所以 |
[55:38] | would I have given a break to some drug dealer? | 我会对一个毒贩宽容吗 |
[55:40] | No. | 不会 |
[55:44] | So, why would I give one to a businessman? | 那我为什么要对一个商人宽容 |
[55:52] | None of this should change your mission. | 这一切都不该改变你们的使命 |
[55:56] | Come to work every day and be just and strong | 每天来上班 对你起诉的案子 |
[55:59] | in the actions you bring, and don’t waver. | 公正而坚决 不要动摇 |
[56:09] | All right, that’s it. Back to work. | 好了 回去干活吧 |
[56:15] | This’ll cheer you up. | 也许会让你心情好点 |
[56:16] | Front fucking age of the Post. | 《纽约邮报》头条 |
[56:22] | It’s like he’s daring you. | 似乎他在跟你叫板 |
[56:38] | Gotcha! | 抓住你了 |
[56:51] | You like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[56:52] | I love it. | 爱死了 |
[57:03] | Hall. What do you got? | 哈尔 发现什么了 |
[57:06] | There’s movement. | 他们有所动作 |
[57:08] | It’s likely they’ve opened a case file on you. | 似乎他们要对你立案 |
[57:13] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[57:15] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[57:16] | They could be coming after you. | 他们会紧盯着你的 |
[57:18] | Fuck ’em. | 去他妈的 |
[57:43] | You waited up. | 你还没睡 |
[57:45] | I made sure the kids were asleep. | 孩子们已经睡着了 |
[57:48] | I wanted to see you. | 我想看看你 |
[57:55] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[58:09] | That hurts. | 好疼 |
[58:11] | I’ll bet it does. | 当然了 |
[58:20] | 随时随地查看更新信息 控制路由器远程下载 签到升级更加方便 赶快安装起来吧 |