时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Leonard, when are you leaving | 莱纳德 你什么时候出门 |
[00:03] | to pick your mother up from the airport? | 去机场接你妈妈 |
[00:05] | Uh, well, let’s see, her plane gets in at 3:00, | 我想想啊 她的飞机3点落地 |
[00:08] | figure half an hour to get her luggage, so… | 取行李什么的大概要半小时 所以… |
[00:10] | never. | 死都不去 |
[00:13] | Never? | “死都不去” |
[00:13] | Isn’t that usually when you go to the gym? | 那不是你去健身房的专门时段吗 |
[00:17] | Are you really not gonna pick up your mother? | 你真的不打算去接你母亲吗 |
[00:19] | No– it’s fine, she likes to take a cab or a shuttle. | 没事啦 她也喜欢自己打车或是坐大巴 |
[00:22] | That way she can meet people. | 这样她能碰见不同的人 |
[00:23] | Well, that’s kind of nice. | 听起来还挺不错的 |
[00:24] | Yeah, she always says that a stranger is just | 对啊 她总是说陌生人 |
[00:27] | a person whose emotional weak point you haven’t found yet. | 只是你还没找到情感弱点的人罢了 |
[00:31] | Your mom is the best. | 你妈最棒了 |
[00:34] | Oh, maybe I should pick her up. | 或许我该去接她 |
[00:36] | You don’t drive. | 你又不开车 |
[00:37] | That’s what makes you and me a great team. | 所以你跟我才是最佳组合啊 |
[00:38] | Go get your keys. | 去拿你的车钥匙 |
[00:41] | You can’t pick her up. | 你不能去接她 |
[00:42] | It’ll make me look like a bad son. | 这样会显得我像个不孝子 |
[00:43] | I imagine that’s one of the things we’ll talk about on the ride. | 我想象到这会是路程中我们聊的话题之一 |
[00:47] | That and Amy’s recent reluctance to use turn signals. | 还有艾米最近不喜欢打方向灯的事 |
[00:50] | We were in a parking garage. | 我们当时是在室内停车场嘛 |
[00:53] | Come on, she gave birth to you. | 去啦 她生了你呢 |
[00:55] | Fine, I’ll pick her up. | 行 我去接她 |
[00:57] | Good, I’ll go with you. | 很好 我陪你去 |
[00:57] | – I call back seat. – Oh, I don’t want to be | -我要后座 -我不想当那个 |
[00:59] | the only one who doesn’t go. | 唯一没去接她的人 |
[01:00] | I’ll just sit here afraid that you’re all talking about me. | 我会在家如坐针毡担心你们说我坏话 |
[01:03] | We’re not gonna talk about you. | 我们才不会聊你呢 |
[01:04] | Well, that’s my other fear. | 我也怕你们不聊我 |
[01:07] | This is crazy. I can pick her up by myself. | 神经啊 我自己去接她 |
[01:13] | So it’s just you? | 只有你来啊 |
[01:45] | How was your flight? | 飞这一路还顺利吗 |
[01:47] | There were some parents with a baby. | 有带着宝宝的爸妈 |
[01:49] | A lot of crying. | 好多哭声 |
[01:50] | Well, babies do that. | 宝宝都会这样啦 |
[01:52] | No, it was the parents. | 不是 是父母在哭 |
[01:55] | It seems they couldn’t handle some constructive criticism. | 他们貌似接受不了逆耳忠言 |
[02:01] | Hey, on a completely unrelated note, um, | 说一件完全不相关的事 |
[02:03] | you know, if you’d rather stay at a hotel, | 如果你比较想自己住酒店 |
[02:05] | we wouldn’t be offended. | 我们不会不高兴的 |
[02:07] | Actually, I’ve been looking forward to staying with you. | 其实我很期待跟你一起住呢 |
[02:10] | Really? It’s just, normally, you stay at a hotel. | 真的吗 因为你通常都宁愿去住酒店 |
[02:15] | – Would you like me to stay at a hotel? – No, no, no. | -你想我去住酒店吗 -不不不 |
[02:17] | I-I invited you to stay with us. | 是我邀请你住我们家的 |
[02:20] | And I accepted, | 而我接受你的邀请 |
[02:21] | so everyone is happy. | 皆大欢喜 |
[02:23] | Yep. | 是的 |
[02:25] | I’m happy, you’re happy… | 我高兴 你也高兴 |
[02:29] | …everyone’s happy. | 大家都高兴 |
[02:34] | How come we never eat in the dining room? | 为什么我们都不在家里餐厅吃 |
[02:36] | Oh, that’s for company. | 有客人来才在那里吃 |
[02:41] | What am I? | 那我算什么 |
[02:42] | Apparently, a guy who wants to have his feelings hurt. | 一个自己把头送到枪口前找罪受的人吧 |
[02:46] | When does Anu come back from London? | 安努什么时候从伦敦回来呢 |
[02:48] | Next week. But it’s been good, you know? | 下周 不过最近其实挺好的 |
[02:50] | Really given me a chance to focus on myself. | 给了我机会专注在自己身上 |
[02:53] | How’s that going? | 专注得如何了 |
[02:55] | I didn’t like what I saw, got in my car, drove over here. | 我不喜欢我看到的画面 所以开车到你家来了 |
[02:59] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. | -大家好 -你好啊 |
[03:00] | I’m sorry, I didn’t know you had company. | 抱歉 不知道你们有客人 |
[03:02] | It’s all right, neither did they. | 没事 他们也不知道有客人来了 |
[03:05] | Is Stuart home? | 斯图尔特在家吗 |
[03:06] | No, he’s at work. | 没 他在上班 |
[03:07] | The last juice. I’m gonna add it to the list. | 这是最后一瓶果汁 我往待买单上写一笔 |
[03:18] | That’s whose handwriting that is. | 原来那是她的笔迹啊 |
[03:22] | I’ve noticed she’s been over here a lot lately. | 我发现最近她常来你们家待着啊 |
[03:23] | You know how you noticed that? | 那你是怎么发现的呢 |
[03:25] | Because you’re over here a lot lately. | 因为你最近也整天来我们家待 |
[03:28] | She has slept over every night this week. | 她这周每晚都是在这睡的 |
[03:30] | Uh, no, no, she wasn’t here Wednesday night. | 没啊 她周三晚上没在这睡 |
[03:32] | Yes, she was. You didn’t notice because you were in the hot tub | 她有的 你没注意到是因为你当时 |
[03:33] | in the backyard eating Oreos. | 正在后院的浴缸边泡澡边吃奥利奥 |
[03:36] | That reminds me. | 你提醒了我 |
[03:40] | Oreos. | 奥利奥 |
[03:44] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[03:45] | A photon entanglement team. | 光子纠缠团队吗 |
[03:47] | Yeah, I-I’m actually the co-lead. | 我其实是这个团队的联合首席 |
[03:49] | Yeah, if you like photons and how they get entangled, | 如果你喜欢光子与想知道它们是如何纠缠的 |
[03:52] | he’s your co-guy. | 他就是你的联合询问人 |
[03:55] | I would enjoy seeing your lab. | 如果有机会 我很想看看你的实验室 |
[03:57] | Oh. Yeah, sure. | 行啊 没问题 |
[04:00] | Uh, if you want, you can come tomorrow. | 你愿意的话 明天可以来看 |
[04:02] | I look forward to it. | 那我拭目以待 |
[04:03] | Well, I think I’m going to turn in. | 我觉得我到了该上床的时间了 |
[04:05] | Good night, Penny. | 佩妮晚安 |
[04:06] | Good night, dear. | 宝贝晚安 |
[04:07] | – Good night. – Night, Beverly. | -晚安 -贝弗利晚安 |
[04:11] | Wow, she’s being really nice. | 她这回好和善啊 |
[04:12] | Yeah, clearly, one of us is dying. | 对啊 我跟她肯定是有一个要死了 |
[04:16] | Come on, her. | 拜托一定要是她啊 |
[04:19] | Or you accomplished something great, | 也可能是你的成就 |
[04:21] | and she’s genuinely proud. | 让她真心为你感到骄傲啊 |
[04:23] | Yeah, all right, you’ve had enough. | 好了好了 你喝太醉了 |
[04:28] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[04:29] | – Hey. – Oh, it’s so good to see your face. | -好啊 -好高兴看到你 |
[04:32] | H-How’s the concierge conference? | 礼宾人员大会如何了 |
[04:35] | You guys just get theater tickets for each other all day long? | 你们是不是就互相帮对方搞到各种票啊 |
[04:39] | It’s going great, | 很顺利啦 |
[04:40] | and the company put me in a nice place in Notting Hill. | 公司将我安排在诺丁山一个很棒的地方 |
[04:43] | Notting Hill? Like the movie? | 诺丁山 电影《诺丁山》那里吗 |
[04:45] | Uh, “I’m just a boy standing in front of a girl saying…” | “我只不过是一个男孩 站在另一个女孩面前说” |
[04:49] | you better bring me home a T-shirt. | 你回来时最好帮我带件T恤哦 |
[04:53] | I can’t wait for you to come home. | 我都快等不及你回来了 |
[04:55] | Actually, that’s one of the reasons I called. | 其实 这也是我打电话给你的原因之一 |
[04:59] | They offered me a management position. | 他们给我提供了一个管理职位 |
[05:01] | That’s amazing. T-That’s your dream. | 太好了 这不是你的梦想吗 |
[05:04] | It’s here in London. | 这个职位在伦敦 |
[05:08] | And they want me to start right away. | 他们希望我马上开始工作 |
[05:12] | What does that mean for us? | 那我们俩怎么办 |
[05:14] | Well, how committed are you to staying in California? | 你到底有多想留在加州呢 |
[05:18] | This is where my work is, this is where my friends are. | 我的工作在这里 我的朋友在这里 |
[05:21] | But are you happy? | 可你过得开心吗 |
[05:22] | Not for years. What’s your point? | 哥已郁闷好多年了 你想说什么 |
[05:28] | All right, I got to head out to my drawing class. | 好了 我要去参加绘画班了 |
[05:31] | Fruit or naked dudes? | 画水果还是画裸男 |
[05:34] | Actually, it doesn’t matter, I’m jealous of both. | 没关系 我对两个物体都心怀嫉妒 |
[05:38] | – I’ll see you tonight? – Yeah. | -今晚见 -好 |
[05:42] | So she’s coming over again, huh? | 她今晚也会来吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah, we’re gonna do a movie night. | 对 今晚是电影之夜 |
[05:47] | It’s my house. Don’t you think you should ask me? | 好歹也是我家 你不觉得应该问我一下吗 |
[05:50] | You’re right, I’m sorry. | 你说得对 抱歉 |
[05:52] | Howard, would you like to come to movie night? | 霍华德 你愿意来我们的电影之夜吗 |
[05:57] | Doesn’t she have her own place? | 她不是有自己的家吗 |
[05:59] | Why don’t you guys hang out there? | 你们为什么不去她家呢 |
[06:00] | Oh, she has a roommate, | 她有一个室友 |
[06:02] | and he’s kind of creepy. | 那个男的有点诡异 |
[06:04] | A-And that’s coming from me. | 是连我这样的人都觉得诡异的等级 |
[06:08] | It just feels like Denise is basically living with us. | 我觉得德妮丝基本上已经住在我们家了 |
[06:12] | You know, maybe you can spend half the time at her place. | 也许你可以分出一半时间去她家 |
[06:14] | Hey, when I moved in, you and Bernadette said it was okay | 当我搬到你家时 你和伯纳黛特曾说过不介意 |
[06:17] | if I brought girls over. | 我带女生来家里 |
[06:18] | Oh. We were making fun of you. | 我们那时候是在嘲笑你呢 |
[06:25] | And this is a high-pulse laser with a BBO crystal. | 这是一个带偏硼酸钡晶体的高脉冲激光器 |
[06:29] | It’s pretty cool. | 很酷 |
[06:30] | It emits photons in discrete bursts. | 它以不连续的爆发方式发射光子 |
[06:33] | Huh. Very impressive. | 非常厉害 |
[06:36] | But…? | 可是… |
[06:40] | But what, dear? | 什么可是 亲爱的 |
[06:42] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[06:43] | It’s just, usually there’s a “But” | 通常情况下你会说”可是” |
[06:45] | followed by something that makes me feel bad. | 然后补上一些让我难过的话 |
[06:49] | Ah, Beverly, there you are. | 贝弗利 你来了 |
[06:50] | Sheldon, how nice to see you. | 谢尔顿 很高兴见到你 |
[06:53] | Leonard was just showing me his new lab. | 莱纳德正在给我介绍他的新实验室 |
[06:55] | Oh, yes, experimental physics, | 没错没错 实验物理学 |
[06:57] | the carpentry of the science world. Well… | 科学界的木匠活 好了… |
[07:01] | I’m here to rescue you from the boredom. | 我是来拯救你于无聊之中的 |
[07:04] | Not necessary. This is really quite interesting. | 没有那个必要 我觉得这一切很有趣 |
[07:07] | But…? | 可是… |
[07:10] | But nothing. | 没有可是 |
[07:12] | Oh. Well, if you want to see something really interesting, | 如果你想看点真正有趣的东西 |
[07:15] | I could show you my work, | 我可以给你介绍我的作品 |
[07:16] | which is being talked about for a Nobel Prize. | 最近有希望获得诺贝尔奖哦 |
[07:18] | Oh, well, I’d love to see it later, | 我很愿意待会来参观 |
[07:20] | but right now, I’m spending time with my son. | 可是我现在要陪我儿子 |
[07:22] | Ha! I knew there was a “But”– wait, what? | 我就知道有个”可是”等着我 等等 什么 |
[07:28] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[07:29] | You sure I didn’t need to see Paddington 1? | 你确定我没必要看《帕丁顿熊》第一部吗 |
[07:31] | He’s a bear, he talks, no one knows why. | 他是头熊 会说话 没人知道为什么 |
[07:33] | You’re all caught up. | 你已经全部补完了 |
[07:36] | Push play. | 按下播放键 |
[07:37] | May I join you? | 我可以和你们一起看吗 |
[07:41] | Oh. Hey, Mitch, I didn’t see you there. | 米奇 我没看到你站在那里 |
[07:45] | Really? I’ve been standing here the whole time. | 真的吗 我站在这里老半天了 |
[07:50] | Well, sure. Yeah, join us. | 好吧 来 和我们一起看吧 |
[08:03] | Movie’s up there. | 电影在你的正前方 |
[08:04] | I’ve seen it. | 我看过了 |
[08:09] | It’s wonderful. | 非常好看 |
[08:15] | So she’s staying in London? | 所以她要留在伦敦了 |
[08:16] | What does that mean for your relationship? | 这对你俩接下来的感情有何影响呢 |
[08:19] | It’s great. | 非常好的影响 |
[08:20] | I can see why she would say that, but why do you? | 我明白她这么说的理由 可你呢 |
[08:23] | Well, we got into this because we both wanted to get married, | 我们恋爱的原因是我俩都想要结婚 |
[08:26] | and honestly, we’ve been dragging our feet, | 而实际上 我们一直在拖延时间 |
[08:28] | and I think this is the push that we need. | 我觉得这件事正好是我们所需的动力 |
[08:30] | Wait, so you’re gonna ask her to marry you? | 等等 所以你是要向她求婚了吗 |
[08:33] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[08:35] | We like each other, plus, | 我们对彼此有好感 而且 |
[08:36] | we both want to start a family. | 我们都想组建一个家庭 |
[08:38] | Hey, I can work from anywhere, I’m an astronomer. | 我可以在任何地方工作 我是个天文学家 |
[08:40] | They have stars in London, | 伦敦也有明亮的星星 |
[08:41] | and I’m not just talking about Dame Judi Dench. | 我说得可不只是朱迪·丹奇女爵士[女星]哦 |
[08:44] | No one thought you were. | 没人以为你是指她 |
[08:45] | I thought he was. | 我猜到他是那么以为的 |
[08:48] | So you’re really gonna move halfway across the world? | 所以你真的要搬到半个地球以外的地方去 |
[08:53] | If she says yes, | 如果她答应了 |
[08:54] | and if that’s what she wants to do, then yeah. | 而这也是她想要的 那就这样吧 |
[09:00] | Yeah, I know. I’m flying out tomorrow. | 没错 我知道 我明天就要飞过去 |
[09:02] | I’m gonna surprise her with a ring. | 我要用戒指给她一个惊喜 |
[09:04] | – You already have a ring? – Well, it’s the same one as before. | -你已经买好戒指了吗 -就是上次那个 |
[09:08] | I thought you gave it to her the first time you got engaged? | 我以为你们第一次订婚时就给她了呢 |
[09:10] | I did, but I took it back. | 我给了 后来又要回来了 |
[09:13] | 印第安部落送出礼物后希望收到回礼 否则可向对方索回礼物 | |
[09:13] | So, you’re an Indian giver? | 所以 你是个印第安[印度]给予者 |
[09:21] | – Howie. – What? If he’s gonna move to England, | -华仔 -干嘛 他都要搬去英国了 |
[09:22] | I need to get all these out now. | 我必须赶紧把玩笑都用掉 |
[09:27] | Here you go. Light cream, no sugar. | 给你 淡奶油 不放糖 |
[09:29] | That’s perfect, thank you. | 完美 谢谢 |
[09:31] | Beverly, I have to say, | 贝弗利 我不得不说 |
[09:32] | it’s so nice seeing the two of you get along. | 看到你们相处愉快 真是太好了 |
[09:35] | Oh, I’ve always gotten along with Leonard. | 我一向跟莱纳德处得很好 |
[09:37] | Of all of my children, he’s the most docile. | 在我所有孩子里 他是最温和易驯服的 |
[09:41] | She wrote that in a birthday card once. | 有一次她把那句话写在生日贺卡上了 |
[09:43] | I keep it in my nightstand. | 我把贺卡珍藏在床头柜里 |
[09:46] | Still, it made him so happy showing you around his lab yesterday. | 但昨天带你参观他的实验室让他好开心 |
[09:50] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[09:52] | Would you say that that made him, uh, | 你认为那让他 |
[09:54] | much happier than usual, | 比平常开心很多 |
[09:56] | somewhat happier than usual or as happy as usual? | 比平常开心一点 还是跟平常一样开心 |
[10:00] | Hmm, multiple choice. | 选择题 |
[10:02] | Um, I’m-a go with D: “That’s a weird question.” | 我选D “这问题好奇怪” |
[10:07] | It made me really happy. | 那让我非常开心 |
[10:10] | We haven’t always had the easiest relationship. | 我们的关系不是一直都那么放松 |
[10:13] | But, well, looking back, | 不过回头想想 |
[10:15] | I guess you were just trying to push me | 你大概只是想鞭策我 |
[10:17] | to be the best version of myself. | 成为最好的自己 |
[10:19] | So you would say that my parenting strategies, | 这么说你认为我的教育策略 |
[10:21] | although difficult at times, | 虽然有时严厉 |
[10:23] | directly contributed to your current success? | 但直接导致你获得现在的成功吗 |
[10:26] | Well, I may have had a little something to do with it. | 我可能也有一些功劳 |
[10:28] | I mean, how often do you wear your superhero underwear now? | 你现在多久才穿一次你的超英内裤 |
[10:33] | – Only Fridays and my birthday. – Yeah, that was all me. | -只有周五和我生日那天 -都是我的功劳 |
[10:35] | That was me. | 都多亏了我 |
[10:36] | Yeah, that’s a fair point. | 很有道理 |
[10:37] | I hadn’t considered your influence. | 我之前没考虑到你对他的影响 |
[10:39] | Perhaps tomorrow I could observe the two of you together? | 或许明天我可以观察你俩相处的情况 |
[10:42] | Uh, “Observe”? | “观察” |
[10:45] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[10:46] | I’m just visiting with my son | 我就是来探望我儿子 |
[10:48] | and doing research for my book on how various | 并为我的书做研究 关于不同的教育策略 |
[10:51] | parenting strategies affected my children as adults. | 如何影响我长大成人的孩子们 |
[10:56] | This has all been work to you? | 这一切对你来说都只是工作吗 |
[11:00] | Hanging out with me and coming to my lab, I… | 和我相处 来我实验室参观 我… |
[11:04] | I thought we were enjoying each other’s company, | 我还以为我们都享受对方的陪伴 |
[11:06] | but it was just research. | 但不过是研究罢了 |
[11:07] | I was enjoying it; you know I love research. | 我确实享受 你知道我很喜欢做研究 |
[11:12] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[11:16] | – What? You seem angry. – Of course I’m angry! | -怎么了 你好像在生气 -我当然生气了 |
[11:19] | Well, so would you say that you’re somewhat angry, | 那你认为你是有点生气 |
[11:21] | very angry or extremely angry? | 非常生气还是极其生气 |
[11:25] | Never mind. | 不用回答了 |
[11:25] | I can see it in your face, dear. | 我从你的表情能看出来 亲爱的 |
[11:35] | I’m looking over my text correspondence with Beverly | 我在回看我和贝弗利的短信记录 |
[11:38] | and I don’t see anything | 我没发现有什么 |
[11:39] | that would have given her offense. | 会得罪她的地方 |
[11:40] | Nothing’s ambiguous, | 没有语义模糊的句子 |
[11:42] | I spell everything out. | 常见的缩写也都完整拼出 |
[11:44] | Including “Laugh out loud” and “What’s the fracas?” | 比如”大笑出声”与”妈蛋 什么鬼鬼” |
[11:48] | I’m sure she’s not mad at you. | 她肯定没有生你的气 |
[11:50] | Well, then why would she rather spend the day with Leonard? | 那她为什么今天选跟莱纳德而不是跟我过 |
[11:54] | Because he’s her son? | 因为他是她儿子 |
[11:58] | Amy, I just feel like we’re going in circles. | 艾米 我觉得我们说话在鸡同鸭讲 |
[12:01] | You– What? | 你… 怎么 |
[12:02] | No knock? What’s the fracas? | 门都不敲 妈蛋 什么鬼鬼 |
[12:05] | I am so stupid. | 我真是猪啊 |
[12:07] | I-I actually thought my mom was genuinely proud of me. | 我居然会以为我妈真心为我骄傲 |
[12:10] | It turns out, she’s just using me as research for her new book. | 原来她只是利用我为她新书做研究 |
[12:13] | Oh, what a relief. | 真是松了一口气呀 |
[12:14] | I thought Beverly was mad at me. Thank you, Leonard. | 我还以为贝弗利生我气了 谢谢你啊 莱纳德 |
[12:19] | That is a weight off my shoulders. | 我肩头的压力都放下来了 |
[12:21] | If you like her so much you can have her, ’cause I-I’m done. | 如果你那么喜欢她 给你好了 我受够了 |
[12:24] | Oh, great. Catch the two of you later. | 太好了 回头见啦二位 |
[12:26] | Sheldon, no. | 谢尔顿 不要 |
[12:28] | – Why? – Well, it’s an emotionally complex issue. | -为什么 -这是一个复杂的情感问题 |
[12:31] | I don’t have time to explain it right now. | 我现在没空跟你慢慢解释 |
[12:33] | Okay, but that excuse is running out of steam. | 行 但你这个理由用太多要老套了 |
[12:38] | Well, Raj is probably on his way to the airport. | 拉杰应该在去机场的路上 |
[12:41] | – Yeah. – Guess he’s finally getting | -是啊 -看来他终于要得到 |
[12:43] | his big romantic movie moment. | 他盛大浪漫的电影时刻了 |
[12:46] | With a woman who doesn’t care about | 跟一个完全不在乎盛大浪漫的 |
[12:48] | big romantic movie moments. | 电影时刻的女人 |
[12:49] | Well, he’ll have the rest of his life | 他可以用余生 |
[12:51] | to explain them to her. | 慢慢跟她解释 |
[12:54] | You can’t really think this is a good idea. | 你不可能真的认为这是个好主意吧 |
[12:57] | Of course I don’t. What am I supposed to do? | 我当然不认为 但我能怎么做 |
[12:59] | Go stop him. Get your best friend back. | 去阻止他 把你最好的朋友抢回来 |
[13:03] | – You’re my best friend. – We don’t have time for this! | -你才是我最好的朋友 -我们没时间演这出了 |
[13:04] | Go! | 快去 |
[13:09] | You know, Leonard was really upset. | 莱纳德很难过 |
[13:11] | Shouldn’t you go talk to him? | 你不去跟他谈谈吗 |
[13:13] | And send the message that he can get what he wants | 然后让他觉得只要发脾气 |
[13:15] | by throwing a tantrum? I don’t think so. | 就能得偿所愿吗 我想不了 |
[13:19] | Beverly, put down your phone and go apologize to your son. | 贝弗利 放下手机 去向你儿子道歉 |
[13:27] | Oh, so now you’re not talking to me? | 现在你还不跟我说话了吗 |
[13:29] | When you’re finished with your tantrum, I’d be glad to. | 等你发完脾气 我很乐意跟你说话 |
[13:34] | Just let me know when you’re done. | 你气完了就告诉我一声 |
[13:35] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷啊 |
[13:38] | When am I gonna stop trying to win her approval? | 我什么时候才会不再试图得到她的认可啊 |
[13:41] | E-Every time I’m around her, | 我每次跟她在一起 |
[13:42] | I-I turn into this needy little eight-year-old boy. | 就变成一个渴求关爱的八岁小孩 |
[13:46] | You sound like that now and she’s not even here. | 你现在听起来也是啊 她都不在场呢 |
[13:51] | If I could respond more compassionately than Sheldon… | 我试试用比他更有同情心的方式回答你 |
[13:55] | and thank you for making it so easy. | 谢谢你让这毫无难度 |
[14:00] | The need for a mother’s approval | 渴求母亲的认可 |
[14:02] | is baked into our biology. | 这是我们的天性 |
[14:04] | I know that, it’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[14:06] | after all these years, you’d think I would have learned. | 都这么多年了 照理来说我该长记性了 |
[14:10] | Hmm. It’s too bad you didn’t. | 可惜你没有 |
[14:14] | Well, see? | 看见没 |
[14:15] | Compassion. | 同情心 |
[14:22] | – You okay? – Oh, yeah. My neck’s a little stiff. | -你还好吧 -我脖子有点僵 |
[14:24] | Maybe because my boyfriend made me sleep | 也许是因为我男友昨晚 |
[14:26] | in a comic book store last night. | 逼我睡在漫画书店 |
[14:29] | Bet your neck would hurt if you slept in any store. | 你睡在任何商店脖子都会痛 |
[14:34] | Except maybe a mattress store. | 除了床垫商店 |
[14:37] | I-I’m sorry, but I couldn’t sleep at your place. | 对不起 但我不能睡在你家 |
[14:39] | Mitch was really freaking me out. | 米奇令我毛骨悚然 |
[14:41] | He was freaking me out, too, | 他也令我毛骨悚然 |
[14:42] | but there has to be a better solution. | 但肯定有更好的解决办法 |
[14:44] | – Tonight we’ll go back to my place. – And tomorrow? | -今晚去我家 -明天呢 |
[14:48] | With my health being what it is, | 鉴于我的身体健康状况 |
[14:49] | I try to live one day at a time. | 我是过一天算一天的人 |
[14:53] | I don’t want to blame you, but if you’d moved in with me | 我不想怪你 但如果我问你时 |
[14:55] | when I asked you to, we wouldn’t be in this situation. | 你搬去和我一起住 就不会有现在这种情况 |
[14:59] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[15:01] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[15:04] | When I had the chance, I was scared and… | 我有机会时却害怕了 |
[15:08] | now that I want to, you’re stuck with Mitch. | 现在我想去 你却甩不掉米奇 |
[15:11] | So you do want to move in with me? | 你想和我同居吗 |
[15:14] | More than Galactus wants to devour worlds. | 比行星吞噬者吞噬星球的决心还要强烈 |
[15:19] | Well, that’s great ’cause I want to move in with you | 太好了 我想和你同居的决心 |
[15:21] | more than the Thing wants to clobber. | 比石头人想痛击还要坚决 |
[15:25] | More than Hulk wants to smash? | 胜过浩克想砸东西吗 |
[15:28] | More than Batman wants to ignore the due process of law. | 胜过蝙蝠侠对正当法律程序的无视 |
[15:34] | We are so weird. | 我们真是一对宅人 |
[15:40] | Raj! Stop! | 拉杰 停下 |
[15:43] | What? | 什么 |
[15:43] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[15:45] | Look… | 听着 |
[15:47] | if you’re getting on that plane | 如果你登上那架飞机 |
[15:49] | because you love Anu and you… | 是因为你爱安努 |
[15:52] | can’t stand the thought of spending another day | 你无法再忍受没有她的日子 |
[15:53] | without her… then go. | 那你就去 |
[15:57] | If not… | 如果不是 |
[15:59] | then stay here with… | 那就留下来 |
[16:01] | the people who love you. | 和爱你的人在一起 |
[16:04] | But what if this is my last chance at marriage and family? | 但如果这是我最后拥有婚姻和家庭的机会呢 |
[16:07] | I promise you it’s not. | 我向你保证不是的 |
[16:08] | Believe me, somewhere out there | 相信我 这世上肯定还有女生 |
[16:10] | is a woman who loves cooking shows | 喜欢烹饪节目 |
[16:14] | and sweater vests and… | 喜欢毛线背心 |
[16:16] | all the other dumb things you love. | 还有其他那些你喜欢的傻事 |
[16:20] | You really think so? | 你真这么觉得吗 |
[16:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:23] | And I don’t think she’s… | 我也不觉得她 |
[16:24] | waiting for you in England. | 在英国等着你 |
[16:27] | When you propose to someone in Notting Hill… | 当你在诺丁山向某人求婚 |
[16:31] | it should be to someone who knows what that movie is. | 应该是对知道《诺丁山》这部电影意义的人 |
[16:35] | Are you saying… | 你意思是 |
[16:37] | you’re just a boy… | 你只不过是一个男孩 |
[16:40] | standing in front of another boy… | 站在另一个男孩面前 |
[16:44] | saying you don’t want him to leave? | 说你不想他离开 |
[16:48] | Sure. | 没错 |
[16:54] | I love you, buddy. | 我爱你 兄弟 |
[16:56] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[17:02] | No. No, no, that’s not what’s happening here. | 不是不是 不是那种情况 |
[17:05] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[17:07] | How’d you get past security? | 你怎么通过安检的 |
[17:08] | I had to buy a ticket. You owe me 1,300 bucks. | 我必须买票 你欠我1300块 |
[17:15] | – Penny, can I have a moment alone with my…? – Yep, bye. | -佩妮 我想和我妈单独… -好 拜 |
[17:21] | Have you calmed down? | 你冷静了吗 |
[17:22] | No, I’m not calm. You really hurt me. | 我没有 你太伤我的心了 |
[17:25] | – That wasn’t my intention. – It doesn’t matter | -那并非我的本意 -你的本意如何 |
[17:27] | what you intended. | 根本不重要 |
[17:28] | What matters is the way you made me feel. | 重要的是你带给我的感受 |
[17:30] | Actually, the way y-you’ve always made me feel. | 应该是这么多年你带给我的感受 |
[17:35] | I see, so… | 我知道了 所以 |
[17:37] | you’re here to tell me all the ways | 你是来告诉我在哪些方面 |
[17:38] | – that I failed you as a mother. – Yeah. | -没做到合格的母亲 -对 |
[17:42] | And get comfortable, ’cause I-it’s a long list. | 坐好了 清单很长 |
[17:50] | Is it happening soon? | 短期内会说吗 |
[17:56] | You know what? It doesn’t matter. | 知道吗 算了吧 |
[18:00] | Doesn’t matter, you’re never gonna change. | 算了 你永远不会改变 |
[18:04] | If I want you to accept me for me, | 如果我希望你接受本来的我 |
[18:07] | then I guess I’m gonna have to accept you for you. | 我想我也必须接受本来的你 |
[18:10] | So… | 所以 |
[18:13] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[18:16] | – I didn’t ask you to forgive me. – Too bad. | -我没请你原谅我 -太遗憾了 |
[18:17] | I forgive you anyway. | 反正我原谅你了 |
[18:21] | And I forgive myself for taking so long to do it. | 我原谅我自己这么久才原谅你 |
[18:24] | Oh, my God, that feels so good. | 我的天 感觉好极了 |
[18:31] | I must admit, it… | 我必须承认 这… |
[18:33] | it does feel good. | 的确令我感觉很好 |
[18:38] | What does? | 什么令你感觉很好 |
[18:41] | You forgiving me. | 你原谅我 |
[18:46] | It means a lot. | 意义很重大 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:29] | Look, I was… scared to move in, | 我之前很害怕搬进来 |
[19:32] | but that was a mistake because she is amazing | 但那是个错误 她太好了 |
[19:35] | and I really want to live with her. | 我真的很想和她一起生活 |
[19:38] | So… | 所以 |
[19:39] | think you’d be willing to find another place? | 你愿意另找地方住吗 |
[19:42] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[19:43] | Oh, we haven’t really said that yet. | 我们还没说过这种事 |
[19:44] | Yeah, I do. | 是 我爱她 |
[19:46] | Don’t say it to me, say it to her. | 别对我说 对她说 |
[19:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[19:54] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[19:57] | Now both of you say it to me. | 现在你们两个对我说 |