时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | We conclusively proved super-asymmetry, | 我们确切证实了超不对称性理论 |
[00:05] | and yet somehow we-we still feel like imposters. | 然而莫名地 仍觉得自己是冒名顶替者 |
[00:08] | Yeah, there should be a term for that. | 应该有形容这种情况的词 |
[00:10] | Oh, for crying out loud, there is a term for that! | 我的老天 确实有个词能形容 |
[00:13] | It’s called “imposter syndrome,” | 就叫做”冒名顶替者综合征” |
[00:14] | and you don’t have it, because you can’t have it | 但你们没得这种病 因为如果真是冒名顶替者 |
[00:17] | if you are imposters, and you are! | 就不会得这种病 而你们的确冒名顶替了 |
[00:19] | We’re the ones who discovered super-asymmetry, | 是我们发现了超不对称性 |
[00:22] | so if anyone’s gonna feel like they have imposter syndrome, | 所以如果有谁觉得自己得了冒名顶替者综合征 |
[00:24] | it’s us because we’re not imposters, they are! | 那也是我们 因为我们不是冒名顶替者 他们才是 |
[00:28] | You’re imposters and you’re frauds! | 你们是冒名顶替者 也是骗子 |
[00:34] | I think what President Siebert is trying to say is that | 我想塞伯特校长的意思是 |
[00:36] | this is a setback and we should adopt a different strategy. | 这对得奖起了反效果 我们需要想想新方法 |
[00:39] | I-I’m sorry. I-I just– I-I snapped. | 我真的很对不起 我就突然理智线断了 |
[00:42] | Oh, you’re sorry. It’s all better, then. | 你说对不起啊 情况一下子就变好了呢 |
[00:45] | Listen up, you have shot to win a Nobel Prize, | 听好了 你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖 |
[00:47] | and you’re blowing it. | 现在要被你们搞黄了 |
[00:48] | I think what President Siebert is trying to say | 我想塞伯特校长的意思是 |
[00:51] | is that you have a shot to win a Nobel Prize, | 你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖 |
[00:53] | and you’re blowing it. | 现在要被你们搞黄了 |
[00:57] | Uh, that’s exactly what he said. | 这还是他的原话啊 |
[00:59] | Yes, but I said it in my calming HR voice. | 是啊 但是用我平静的人事部嗓音说的 |
[01:06] | So, obviously, | 我想很明显 |
[01:08] | I’m really sorry about my outburst. | 我突然暴怒真的很对不起 |
[01:10] | Calling you frauds was unacceptable. | 我叫你们骗子的事情真的很不对 |
[01:13] | I feel terrible about it. | 我心里也觉得很抱歉 |
[01:14] | It has caused her a lot of stress. | 这事情真的让她很煎熬 |
[01:16] | She chewed through her night guard | 她压力过大 磨牙都咬穿保持器了 |
[01:17] | like it was a piece of jerky. | 想咬牛肉干似的 |
[01:20] | What you said was really hurtful, | 你说的话真的很伤人 |
[01:22] | especially because I thought we were friends. | 尤其我一直觉得我们是朋友 |
[01:24] | Why would you think that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[01:27] | Ouch. | 伤上加伤了 |
[01:30] | Ignore them; they’re just mean people. | 别理他们 他们就是很恶毒 |
[01:33] | Uh, not mean, just sorry. | 不恶毒 只是很过意不去罢了 |
[01:35] | Seem mean, are sorry. Happens all the time. | 看似恶毒 实则抱歉 这事常有 |
[01:39] | It’s okay. I talked to my therapist, | 没事啦 我跟我的心理治疗师聊过了 |
[01:40] | and she made me realize that what you said | 她开导我 让我理解你的话 |
[01:42] | was really more about your own insecurities. | 其实真正反映的是你内心的不安全感 |
[01:47] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么来着 |
[01:49] | There you go, she’s sorry. We all heard it. Moving on. | 听到啦 她很抱歉 在座都听到了 向前看吧 |
[01:52] | Yes, obviously, | 是啊 很明显 |
[01:53] | you’re angry at all the attention we’re getting | 你生气是因为我们的发现令大家把目光 |
[01:55] | for our discovery and you’re lashing out. | 都聚集在我们身上 所以你们发飙了 |
[01:57] | Well, uh, technically, she lashed out. | 正确来说 是她发飙了 |
[02:00] | I contained myself, which I don’t think | 我控制好了自己 所以我觉得你们 |
[02:03] | I’m getting enough credit for. | 没有意识到我表现得有多棒 |
[02:05] | The point is we should take it as a compliment | 重点是我们应该把这当做是赞誉 |
[02:07] | that even you guys think we will win the Nobel Prize. | 因为连你们都觉得我们会赢走诺贝尔奖 |
[02:11] | Uh, no, we-we certainly do not think that. | 没有啊 我们绝对没这么想 |
[02:14] | The Nobel Committee will realize | 诺贝尔奖委员会绝对会意识到 |
[02:16] | that we came up with this theory. | 是我们想出了这个理论 |
[02:17] | But we proved it. | 但是我们证明了它 |
[02:18] | By accident. | 意外证明 |
[02:20] | All breakthroughs happen by accident. | 所有的突破都来自意外 |
[02:23] | No, they don’t! | 才没有呢 |
[02:26] | Look, the Nobel Committee doesn’t like infighting, | 听我说 诺贝尔奖委员会不喜欢有争执 |
[02:28] | so if the four of you don’t stop sniping at each other, | 所以如果你们四个人不停止互相攻击 |
[02:30] | the award’s gonna go to someone else entirely. | 奖很有可能落入别人手中 |
[02:33] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[02:35] | You know, like it or not, we can’t avoid each other. | 无论感觉爽不爽 我们都抬头不见低头见 |
[02:37] | Let’s at least try to be civil. | 大家试着和平相处吧 |
[02:39] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[02:41] | You know, when you think about it, | 其实如果我们仔细想想 |
[02:42] | we’re linked together the same way that super-asymmetry | 我们几个人的连结 就像是超不对称性 |
[02:46] | links together every atom in the universe. Hmm. | 把宇宙中所有的原子都连结起来一样 |
[02:49] | That’s not what it does at all! | 完全不是这样好吗 |
[02:53] | Well, that’s the great thing about science. | 这就是科学的伟大之处 |
[02:54] | We all get to have our own opinions. | 我们都可以有自己的想法 |
[03:03] | I’m still not talking. That’s impressive, right? | 我还是忍住没出声 是不是超棒啊 |
[03:36] | You– No, no, no, no. Your money’s no good here. | 你 不不不不 这单不能让你付 |
[03:42] | Well, I’m glad that we hashed all that out, | 我很高兴我们能求同存异 |
[03:45] | and moving forward, may the best team win. | 希望接下来最强的组合获胜吧 |
[03:48] | I couldn’t agree more. | 太同意你的说法了 |
[03:50] | We’re the best team. | 我们才是最强的组合 |
[03:53] | Greg Pemberton, you old so-and-so. | 格雷戈·彭伯顿 好久不见你个老混蛋 |
[03:56] | Very good to see you. | 很高兴见到你啦 |
[03:57] | Uh, let me introduce you to my colleague, Dr. Campbell. | 我给你介绍我的同事 坎贝尔博士 |
[03:59] | Uh, Kevin, this is Barry Kripke. We went to college together. | 凯文这是巴里·克里普奇 我们是大学同学 |
[04:02] | Great to meet you. Well, you have my number. | 很高兴又见到你啦 你有我手机号 |
[04:04] | We should hit up the buffet at the strip club | 趁你来这里 有空我们一起去 |
[04:06] | while you’re in town. | 脱衣舞厅里吃顿自助餐啊 |
[04:08] | Nothing beats a lap dance and a baked potato bar, huh? | 天下最爽的就是大腿舞加烤土豆吧了 |
[04:13] | You can come, too. | 你也可以一起来啊 |
[04:14] | That’s a hard pass. | 我严正拒绝 |
[04:16] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你们 |
[04:18] | Good to see you, Barry. | 再会啦 巴里 |
[04:20] | You’re the best! | 你最牛逼啦 |
[04:24] | God, I hate that guy. | 天啊 我恨死那家伙了 |
[04:27] | That’s strange; you seem quite fond of him. | 奇怪了 你看起来跟他很要好啊 |
[04:29] | I was only being polite. Pemberton is a grade A weasel. | 客套罢了 彭伯顿就是个顶级贼逼 |
[04:33] | How do I know you’re not just being polite | 那我怎么知道你说很高兴看到我时 |
[04:35] | when you say it’s nice to see me? | 是真心还是假客套啊 |
[04:37] | I have literally never said that to you. | 我从来没这么跟你说过 |
[04:42] | Why do you say he’s a weasel? | 你为什么说他是个贼逼啊 |
[04:44] | Pemberton’s whole M.O. | 彭伯顿的套路 |
[04:45] | was to take other people’s ideas and turn them in as his own. | 就是剽窃别人的想法再拿来当自己的 |
[04:49] | That’s exactly what he’s doing to us. | 他正是这么对我们的 |
[04:51] | I’m not surprised. I heard the only work he did on his thesis | 不意外 我听说他的论文中 他唯一做的一件事 |
[04:53] | was googling, “Where can I buy a thesis?” | 就是上网搜”哪里可以买论文” |
[04:58] | Well, plagiarism is a pretty serious charge. Are you sure? | 剽窃是挺严重的罪 你确定吗 |
[05:01] | You want proof? I can make some calls. | 你想要证据吗 我可以打电话找人啊 |
[05:04] | You’d do that for us? | 你愿意为我们这么做吗 |
[05:05] | I really don’t want to see that guy win a Nobel. | 我真的不想看到那家伙赢诺贝尔奖 |
[05:08] | I also don’t want to see you win a Nobel. | 但我也不想看到你赢诺贝尔奖 |
[05:10] | Ooh, this is tricky. | 糟糕 这下难了 |
[05:14] | I don’t know, Barry. It sounds a little sleazy. | 我不知道了 巴里 这招感觉挺贱的 |
[05:17] | Well, let me know if you change your mind. | 如果你们改变心意了再找我吧 |
[05:20] | Sleazy is where I thrive. | 吾乃天下第一”贱”客 |
[05:26] | So I was talking to my mom | 我跟我妈聊了 |
[05:28] | about our Pemberton and Campbell situation. | 彭伯顿和坎贝尔的事情 |
[05:30] | Really? What’d she say? | 真的吗 她怎么说 |
[05:31] | Apparently, Old Testament God would bring down his wrath | 貌似旧约的神会对他们降下雷霆怒火 |
[05:33] | on them for being deceitful, | 来惩戒他们欺诈的行为 |
[05:35] | but New Testament God would forgive them. | 但新约的神会原谅他们 |
[05:40] | So couldn’t we just bring down our wrath | 那我们不能对他们降下雷霆怒火 |
[05:42] | and ask the New Testament God to forgive us? | 然后再请求新约的神原谅我们吗 |
[05:44] | – You know, I asked her that very question. – And? | -你知道我也问了我妈同样的问题吗 -然后呢 |
[05:47] | She said I was full of California sass. | 她说我满嘴加州的狗屁 |
[05:50] | Oh, good, you’re all here. Uh, we’re wrestling | 太好了 你们都在 我们在纠结 |
[05:53] | with an ethical question, and perhaps you could help. | 一个道德上的问题 或许你们能帮忙 |
[05:55] | – Sure, what’s up? – Yeah. Fire away. | -行啊 怎么了 -对啊 说吧 |
[05:57] | If we have damaging and embarrassing information about someone, | 如果我们手握某人的各种黑料 |
[06:00] | should we keep it to ourselves or expose them? | 我们应该将其烂在肚子里 还是公之于众 |
[06:07] | Quick question: Does it happen to do with online tastes | 先问一下 与某人在网上的偏好 |
[06:10] | that might or might not reflect their real-life tastes? | 与他在现实生活中的偏好不见得一样有关吗 |
[06:14] | I know all about your tall girl website. | 我知道你看了那些高妹”网站” |
[06:16] | It goes on our credit card. | 扣款都扣到我们信用卡上了 |
[06:20] | It’s Dr. Pemberton. | 是彭伯顿博士的黑料 |
[06:22] | Kripke says he plagiarized his thesis, | 彭伯顿博士说他当初论文是剽窃来的 |
[06:24] | and that he can prove it. | 而且他还能证实这件事 |
[06:26] | Wow. Well, that’s not gonna sit well with the Nobel Committee. | 这在诺贝尔奖委员会面前可不好看 |
[06:29] | Hang on. I don’t think it’s fair to use something | 等等 我觉得用某些人以前在学校时做的事 |
[06:31] | someone did in school against them. | 来攻击他们 这样不太好吧 |
[06:33] | Relax, he said it’s not you. | 放轻松 都说了不是说你 |
[06:38] | I don’t know. If someone’s a cheater, | 是吗 我觉得如果某人是骗子 |
[06:39] | they should be held accountable no matter how long ago it was. | 无论是多久以前做的 都应该被人戳脊梁骨 |
[06:41] | Okay, now you just sound crazy. | 你这样说的就有点太神经病了吧 |
[06:46] | So you really think they should do this? | 所以你真的觉得他们应该用这招吗 |
[06:48] | It wouldn’t just knock Pemberton | 这不止会把彭伯顿 |
[06:50] | out of Nobel contention, it would blow up his whole career. | 退出诺贝尔奖 还会把他的事业一次炸没 |
[06:53] | To that, I say kaboom! | 那我要说 嘣炸 |
[06:57] | No, I meant it’s a bad thing. | 不 我是说这样不好 |
[06:59] | No, no, I agree with Bernadette. | 不 不 我同意博纳黛特 |
[07:01] | If Pemberton cheated, | 如果彭伯顿作弊了 |
[07:02] | maybe he shouldn’t have a career in the first place. | 也许他就不配拥有自己的事业 |
[07:04] | There’s plenty of people that didn’t plagiarize. | 世界上还有好多人没有剽窃呢 |
[07:06] | And a few of us who did, but it’s only ’cause | 当然也有少部分人这么做过 全是因为 |
[07:08] | The Scarlet Letter was so boring. | 《红字》这本书太枯燥了 |
[07:12] | 1850年代出版的一部有历史背景的小说 是作者纳撒尼尔·霍桑的代表作 | |
[07:12] | Aw, I love The Scarlet Letter. | 我很喜欢《红字》呢 |
[07:15] | Th-That’s where I got my taste for bad girls. | 我就是受那本书的影响开始迷恋坏女孩的 |
[07:20] | Ugh, why is this decision so hard? | 这事怎么会如此难抉择 |
[07:23] | Maybe because you want to win, | 也许是因为你虽然想赢 |
[07:25] | but deep down you know it’s not the honorable way to do it. | 但内心深处你知道这样做有失荣誉 |
[07:28] | Otherwise, you would’ve done it already. | 否则你早就义无反顾地去做了 |
[07:30] | That’s really wise. | 这话听起来很有道理 |
[07:31] | Yes, but it may just be the Indian accent. | 没错 不过也可能只是印度口音给它加分了 |
[07:39] | Do you think by not exposing Pemberton | 你觉得不揭发彭伯顿这件事 |
[07:42] | we’re doing the right thing? | 我们做得对吗 |
[07:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:46] | Unless you think we’re not doing the right thing. | 除非你觉得我们做得不对 |
[07:49] | Why would you think that I don’t think | 你为什么会觉得我不认为 |
[07:51] | we’re doing the right thing? | 我们做对了呢 |
[07:52] | You might think that if good people hold themselves | 你可能会想 如果好人总是坚持 |
[07:56] | to unrealistically high ethical standards, | 不切实际的高道德标准 |
[07:58] | then they might lose out to their unscrupulous competitors. | 他们可能会输给不择手段的竞争对手 |
[08:01] | Is that what you think? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[08:02] | No. | 才怪 |
[08:03] | No, I just thought if you thought we weren’t | 我是想如果你觉得我们 |
[08:05] | doing the right thing, that’s why you might think that. | 做得不对 那么你的依据可能是这个 |
[08:08] | Well, if I did think that, | 如果我的确这么想 |
[08:10] | you might point out that people who claim | 你可能会指出 |
[08:13] | it’s okay to do bad things to win | 那些为了赢而做坏事的人也是坏人 |
[08:15] | are bad people no matter what they tell themselves. | 哪怕他们找了多冠冕堂皇的理由 |
[08:19] | And I’d be right to point that out. | 而我指出的这一点是非常正确的 |
[08:21] | Because you’re a good person. | 因为你是个非常好的人 |
[08:24] | I love talking to you. | 我好爱和你聊天 |
[08:27] | It’s like talking to me, but with a girl voice. | 就像和自己自问自答 不过是用女孩的声音 |
[08:33] | I’m just saying, Sheldon and Amy deserve to win, | 我只是说 这个奖是谢尔顿和艾米应得的 |
[08:36] | and sometimes that means doing what you got to do. | 而这表示有时会需要做一些必须做的事 |
[08:38] | Don’t you think it’s better to take the high road? | 你不觉得当个堂堂正正的君子更好吗 |
[08:40] | Yeah, and instead of guns, | 没错 军队也不该配枪 |
[08:42] | armies should carry candy canes that shoot wishes. | 换成可以发射心愿的糖果拐杖风味更佳哦 |
[08:47] | So what’s the worst thing you’ve ever done | 所以你为了得到自己想要的东西 |
[08:48] | to get something you wanted? | 做过最坏的事是什么 |
[08:50] | I’m not gonna tell you that. | 我才不会告诉你呢 |
[08:51] | Oh, come on. I’ll tell you mine. | 别这样 我也把我的事讲给你听 |
[08:55] | Right, ’cause yours is gonna be | 对对对 因为你的事肯定 |
[08:56] | as bad as mine. Okay. | 能跟我的一样坏吗 行 |
[09:00] | Come on, just tell me. | 拜托 就告诉我吧 |
[09:02] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[09:04] | When we first met, there was another waitress | 我们刚认识时 还有另一个起司蛋糕工厂的 |
[09:06] | at The Cheesecake Factory who thought you were cute, | 女服务员觉得你很可爱 |
[09:08] | so I told her you had all the hepatitises, A through Z. | 所以我告诉她你患有各种各样的肝炎 从A型到Z型 |
[09:13] | There aren’t 26 hepatitises. | 肝炎没有26种类型 |
[09:15] | Well, if she was smart enough to know that, | 没错 如果她够聪明想到这一点 |
[09:17] | she wouldn’t still be working at a Cheesecake Factory. | 她也不会还在奶酪蛋糕工厂工作了 |
[09:20] | Oh, she still works there? Who was it? | 她还在那里工作吗 是哪一个啊 |
[09:22] | Why does it matter? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[09:23] | You’re right, it doesn’t matter ’cause I got the best one. | 你说得对 这事无关紧要 因为我找到了最好的那个 |
[09:30] | Was it Susan? | 是苏珊吗 |
[09:31] | Why? Because she’s tall? | 干嘛 因为她个子高吗 |
[09:32] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:36] | Can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[09:37] | Sheldon loves telling on people when they break the rules. | 明明谢尔顿最喜欢在别人违规时告状了 |
[09:40] | Yeah, well, maybe he’s changed. | 对 也许他改变了 |
[09:42] | He hasn’t changed. Last week, when the vending machine | 他改变个屁 上周自动售货机 |
[09:44] | gave me two bags of chips, he called my mom. | 给我掉下来2袋薯片 他打电话跟我妈告状了 |
[09:48] | Well, that didn’t ruin your life. | 这也没有毁掉你的生活啊 |
[09:49] | Well, it ruined my day. | 但他毁了我的一天 |
[09:51] | I had to talk to my mom, who, by the way, | 我不得不给我妈通电话 随便一提 |
[09:53] | is-is polyamorous now, so that’s fun to think about. | 她现在是多角恋者了 想想就开心 |
[09:59] | Look, I’m proud of Sheldon and Amy. | 我挺为谢尔顿和艾米骄傲的 |
[10:01] | You know? They want to win this thing on their own merits, | 他们想凭自己的实力赢得这场比赛 |
[10:02] | not by knocking out the competition. | 而不是在对手背后插刀 |
[10:04] | Yeah, but what if they don’t win? | 但如果他们没能赢呢 |
[10:06] | Uh, Pemberton and Campbell have done an amazing job | 彭伯顿和坎贝尔已经成功地 |
[10:08] | of associating their names with super-asymmetry. | 把他们的名字和超不对称性联系起来了 |
[10:10] | They have all the momentum right now. | 他们现在势头正劲 |
[10:12] | I don’t like the idea of them losing either, | 我也不愿意看他们输 |
[10:14] | but this is their decision to make, not ours. | 但这是他们的选择 不是我们的 |
[10:18] | Maybe it is ours. | 也许这是我们的选择 |
[10:20] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[10:21] | Well, I-if Sheldon and Amy don’t want to expose Pemberton, | 谢尔顿和艾米不想曝光彭伯顿 |
[10:25] | that doesn’t mean someone else can’t do it for them. | 并不代表其他人不可以替他们做吧 |
[10:27] | They’d never have to know. | 他们不需要知道这件事 |
[10:29] | Really? You’d do that? | 真的吗 你会做这种事吗 |
[10:30] | They deserve the Nobel. | 他们理应获得诺贝尔奖 |
[10:32] | I’m not gonna let two frauds steal it from them. | 我可不会让两个骗子从他们手上夺走这份荣誉 |
[10:34] | And if that means getting my hands dirty, so be it. | 如果这会让我弄脏自己的手 那就弄脏吧 |
[10:40] | What’s so funny? | 你笑什么 |
[10:41] | Just realized I’ve never actually seen your hands dirty. | 刚意识到我还从没见过你弄脏自己的手呢 |
[10:47] | All right, Hofstadter, here’s all the proof you need. | 好吧 霍夫斯塔特 这就是你要的证据 |
[10:49] | – Great, thanks. – Just remember, | -很好 谢了 -要记住 |
[10:52] | once you take this envelope, there’s no turning back. | 你拿走这个信封 就没有回头路了 |
[10:56] | What if I look at it and decide not to use it? | 万一我打开看了以后决定不用它呢 |
[11:01] | I had not considered that. | 我没想到这个做法 |
[11:04] | Got to hand it to you, | 真是不得不服你 |
[11:05] | you got a real talent for making things boring. | 你可真是把事情搞无聊界的一把手啊 |
[11:09] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[11:09] | Hey, look at that, you did it again. | 你看 又无聊化了 |
[11:14] | Hi, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[11:15] | What? Nothing. | 什么 没什么啊 |
[11:18] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[11:19] | Uh, no, you are. | 不不 你好 |
[11:29] | So guess what. There was a waitress | 你知道吗 起司蛋糕工厂里 |
[11:32] | at The Cheesecake Factory back in the day | 曾经有个女服务员 |
[11:34] | who kind of had a thing for me. | 对我有好感 |
[11:36] | Other than Bernadette? That does not sound right. | 博纳黛特之外的人吗 这听起来不可能呀 |
[11:40] | Honest to God. | 对天发誓 |
[11:41] | Oh, well, who was it? | 那么是谁 |
[11:42] | It doesn’t even matter. I’m happily married. | 这无关紧要 我的婚姻很幸福 |
[11:44] | The point is women– plural– find me appealing. | 关键点是女人 “们” 觉得我有魅力 |
[11:48] | Okay. Okay, well, well, let’s see. | 好吧 好吧 我们想想看吧 |
[11:50] | Okay? We-we know it wasn’t Penny, | 我们知道这不可能是佩妮 |
[11:52] | – we know it wasn’t Susan… – Wait. | -也不可能是苏珊 -等等 |
[11:54] | How do we know it wasn’t Susan? | 我们怎么知道不是苏珊呢 |
[11:56] | Uh, because she had a type. | 因为她有某种喜欢的类型 |
[11:57] | What type? | 什么类型 |
[11:59] | Don’t make me say it. | 别逼我说出来 |
[12:03] | Are you saying I’m not a handsome guy? | 你是说我不是帅哥型吗 |
[12:05] | See? It’s mean, right? | 你看 这话说出来很刻薄吧 |
[12:11] | Hold on, as we’ve established, | 等一下 我们刚才已经确定 |
[12:12] | a minimum of two women think I’m attractive. | 至少有两个女人认为我有吸引力 |
[12:14] | Uh, yeah, you’re right, it was totally Susan. | 好吧 你是对的 绝对就是苏珊 |
[12:19] | I didn’t say it was her. I said it could’ve been. | 我没说一定是她 我是说有这种可能 |
[12:20] | It could’ve been anybody. Marta, Gina, Annalise… | 也有可能是其他人 玛塔 金娜 安娜丽斯… |
[12:23] | It’s a little creepy that you remember all their names. | 你还能记住她们的名字 有点让人发毛啊 |
[12:28] | Not just their names. | 不光是她们的名字 |
[12:29] | The cars they drove, the color of their eyes, | 她们开的车 她们眼睛的颜色 |
[12:31] | and whether or not they had boyfriends. | 还有她们是否有男友 |
[12:36] | Your husband was acting kind of weird today. | 你老公今天可有点奇怪呀 |
[12:38] | You sure you’re not thinking about your husband? | 你确定你说的不是你老公吗 |
[12:42] | No. He was acting all sketchy. | 不 他今天慌里慌张的 |
[12:44] | Almost like he was guilty or something. | 就像他做了错事还是怎么样 |
[12:46] | Oh. Well, that doesn’t mean anything. | 这不代表什么 |
[12:47] | I mean, Leonard has resting guilt face. | 我是说 莱纳德天生就有一张愧疚的脸 |
[12:51] | Yeah, it’s-it’s like, “What are you guilty about, Leonard?” | 是啊 就像”莱纳德 你做错了什么吗” |
[12:52] | “Nothing.” “Well, then, tell it to your face.” | “什么也没做啊” “把这话说给你的脸听吧” |
[12:56] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[12:57] | I’m so okay, yeah. | 我没事呀 |
[12:59] | Then why are you acting guilty now? | 你怎么也表现得像做错事了一样 |
[13:03] | Okay, look, Leonard knows | 好吧 听我说 莱纳德知道 |
[13:04] | that you and Sheldon decided to take the high road, | 你和谢尔顿决定当君子 |
[13:06] | so he went to Kripke for you. | 所以他为了你们去找了克里普奇 |
[13:08] | But that just means you didn’t do anything wrong, | 但这只代表你们没做错什么 |
[13:10] | and now you don’t risk losing to those idiots. | 现在你们不会输给那些白痴了 |
[13:12] | Why did you tell me? | 你为什么告诉我 |
[13:14] | Now that I know, I’m implicated. | 现在我知道了就牵连其中了 |
[13:16] | But you wanted me to. | 但这是你要我说的 |
[13:18] | I also wanted you to be my jester | 我也要你扮成宫廷小丑 |
[13:19] | at the Renaissance Fair, but that didn’t happen. | 陪我去文艺复兴园游会 不也没发生吗 |
[13:23] | I wanted to be a princess. | 人家想扮成公主 |
[13:24] | There was only one princess, and it was me! | 只有一个公主 那就是我 |
[13:29] | Fine. I’m sorry I told you. | 好 抱歉告诉你了 |
[13:31] | And I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[13:33] | ‘Cause that’s what a princess would do. | 公主就是这么大度 |
[13:38] | Kudos on the meatballs. | 肉丸做得不错 |
[13:39] | They’re nice and round. | 又美又圆 |
[13:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:45] | They’re much better than those prolate spheroids | 比你以前做成扁长球柱体 |
[13:47] | you used to pass off as balls. | 就当成是球体的版本强多了 |
[13:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:52] | Are you all right? You seem distracted. | 你还好吗 看起来心不在焉 |
[13:54] | Yeah, sorry. I’m just trying to figure something out. | 抱歉 我在想些事情 |
[13:57] | Is it what to get me for our anniversary? | 是在想结婚周年送我什么礼物吗 |
[13:59] | ‘Cause I’ll give you a hint: it’s already | 给你一个提示 我已经放在 |
[14:01] | in my Amazon basket. Just click “Buy now.” | 网购购物车里了 你点击马上购买就行 |
[14:06] | I filled out the gift card for you. | 我都帮你勾上礼券了 |
[14:07] | Apparently, I’m the light of your life. | 显然 我照亮了你的生活 |
[14:11] | Sheldon, if someone were gonna do something | 谢尔顿 如果有人为你 |
[14:14] | ethically murky on your behalf, | 做了道德上不光彩的事 |
[14:17] | would you rather know about it | 你是想知道 |
[14:18] | or not know about it to retain your innocence? | 还是不想知道 以保持你的清白 |
[14:22] | Well, now that I know there’s a thing to know, I have to know. | 现在我知道有事 我就必须知道 |
[14:26] | Can’t help myself; I’m a fact addict. | 情不自禁 我对事实上瘾 |
[14:28] | That’s not a real thing. | 根本没这种病 |
[14:30] | And that’s a fact. | 而这就是个事实 |
[14:35] | Leonard, I know what you’re planning to do, | 莱纳德 我知道你想做什么 |
[14:36] | and I said I didn’t want to do it. | 我说过我不想那么做 |
[14:38] | What? You told him? | 什么 你告诉他了 |
[14:39] | Well, you told me. | 你也告诉我了 |
[14:41] | Yeah, that’s-that’s probably where you heard it. | 是啦 你估计是从我这里听说的 |
[14:44] | You’re not doing anything wrong. | 你没做任何错事 |
[14:46] | That’s the point. I’m doing it. | 这才是重点 是我去做 |
[14:48] | Yeah, but it’s still wrong. | 但这依然是错的 |
[14:50] | Well, so is you and Amy not getting | 你和艾米没有因为你们的发现 |
[14:51] | the recognition for your discovery. | 而得到赞誉也是不对的 |
[14:53] | And if that means I have to do something shady | 如果这表示需要我来耍阴招 |
[14:55] | so you don’t have to, I’m okay with that. | 好让你们保持清白之身 我没意见 |
[14:57] | But we’re not. | 但我们有意见 |
[14:59] | I mean, it’s sweet that you want to help, but we don’t want you | 你想帮忙我们很感动 但我们不希望你 |
[15:01] | compromising your integrity for us. | 为了我们破坏你的正直 |
[15:04] | Wait, what– really? | 慢着 真的吗 |
[15:07] | I thought we were just worried about looking bad. | 我以为我们只担心面子上不好看 |
[15:09] | It could be both. | 两者皆可啊 |
[15:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:13] | But I’m gonna go with my reason. Yours is too complicated. | 但我要坚持我的理由 你的太复杂 |
[15:22] | Listen, I did something kind of stupid today. | 听着 我今天做了件傻事 |
[15:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:28] | I went to The Cheesecake Factory | 我去了起司蛋糕工厂 |
[15:30] | to try to figure out who that waitress was. | 想知道是哪位服务员 |
[15:33] | – Howie. – Don’t worry, I didn’t find out, | -华仔 -别担心 我没查出来 |
[15:34] | because I realized I didn’t even care. | 因为我发现我根本不在乎 |
[15:38] | W-While I was there, I started asking myself, | 我在那里的时候问自己 |
[15:40] | “Why does this mean anything to me?” | “为什么这会对我有任何意义” |
[15:42] | And… I guess the truth is it was all about my vanity. | 我想事实是我的虚荣心作祟 |
[15:49] | And why should I need to be validated by another woman | 全世界最好的女人爱上我了 |
[15:52] | liking me when the best woman in the world already loves me? | 我为什么还需要用另一个女人的喜欢来证明自己 |
[15:59] | And I just wanted you to know that. | 我只想你知道这一点 |
[16:03] | The restaurant manager already called. | 餐厅经理已经打来电话了 |
[16:05] | You really creeped a lot of people out. | 很多人都被你恶心到起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[16:09] | And I regret that. | 我很后悔 |
[16:11] | Because the only woman I want to creep out | 因为我唯一想弄出鸡皮疙瘩的女人 |
[16:14] | is the mother of my children. | 是我孩子他妈 |
[16:19] | Well, you’re off to a good start. | 那你在这件事上已经成功了一半啊 |
[16:26] | Thank you for meeting us. | 感谢你们见我们 |
[16:27] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[16:28] | We never say no when someone wants to buy us lunch. | 有人想请我们吃午餐 我们向来不会拒绝 |
[16:30] | We didn’t say we were going to buy you lunch. | 我们没说会请你们吃午餐 |
[16:33] | Really? Apologies go down easier | 真的吗 配合免费的火鸡三明治 |
[16:35] | with free turkey club sandwiches. | 道歉更容易被接受 |
[16:39] | This isn’t another apology. | 我们不是再次道歉 |
[16:41] | There’s something we have to give you. | 我们有东西要给你 |
[16:43] | Yes. | 是 |
[16:44] | Uh, we have proof that you plagiarized your thesis. | 我们有你剽窃论文的证据 |
[16:49] | It’s why we invited you to this lunch. | 所以邀请你们来吃午餐 |
[16:51] | We invited them. | 是我们邀请的 |
[16:53] | That’s the confusion over who’s paying. | 难怪会以为我们要请客 |
[16:56] | Hold on, are you blackmailing us? | 慢着 你们在威胁我吗 |
[16:58] | No, the opposite. | 不 正相反 |
[17:01] | We’re blackmailing you? | 我们威胁你吗 |
[17:06] | How are you up for a Nobel?! | 你怎么能成为诺贝尔奖的候选人啊 |
[17:09] | We’re giving you this | 我们把这个给你 |
[17:10] | so that no one can use it against you, | 这样没人可以利用它来对付你 |
[17:12] | because we want to win on our own merits, | 我们想凭我们的成绩赢 |
[17:15] | not by tearing you down. | 而不是靠整垮你来赢 |
[17:17] | So it’s true? You really did this? | 这是真的 你真的这样做了 |
[17:19] | It was years ago, and I was going through | 那是多年前的事 我当时经历了一段 |
[17:20] | – a very hard time. – What hard time? | -困难时期 -什么困难时期 |
[17:22] | I had to write a thesis, and I wasn’t smart enough to do it. | 我必须写论文 但没聪明到可以写出来 |
[17:28] | You realize my name is attached to yours. | 你明白我们俩同坐一条船吧 |
[17:30] | If this gets out, it ruins me, too. | 如果这事泄露出去我也完了 |
[17:32] | It’s not gonna get out. | 不会泄露出去的 |
[17:34] | You know what? Linda was right. | 知道吗 琳达说得对 |
[17:35] | You’re always looking for shortcuts. | 你总是喜欢找捷径 |
[17:37] | When did you talk to my ex-wife? | 你什么时候和我前妻谈过 |
[17:39] | She’s not your ex-wife. | 她不是你的前妻 |
[17:40] | You keep dragging your feet on those papers. | 你一直拖延文件不签字 |
[17:42] | Well, I’m trying to get the lake house. | 我想把湖边小屋抢过来 |
[17:45] | You’re not getting the lake house. | 你不会得到湖边小屋 |
[17:47] | You’re never getting the lake house. | 你永远别想得到湖边小屋 |
[17:48] | She picked it out, she decorated it. | 那是她选的 她装修的 |
[17:50] | The lake house is hers. | 湖边小屋是她的 |
[17:52] | What is going on here? | 现在什么情况 |
[17:54] | I’m in love with Linda! | 我爱上了琳达 |
[17:58] | You son of a bitch! | 你这个混蛋 |
[18:10] | That was my iced tea. | 那是我的冰茶 |
[18:19] | Dr. Cooper, Dr. Fowler. | 库珀博士 福勒博士 |
[18:21] | Just the guy I want to see. | 正是我要找的男人 |
[18:24] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[18:25] | I was, and then I still was. | 我之前醉了 然后之前还醉的 |
[18:28] | And now, I still was. | 而现在还之前醉的 |
[18:32] | Okay, can we help you? | 有事需要帮忙吗 |
[18:34] | Pemberton is out. | 彭伯顿出局了 |
[18:36] | Someone published all the information | 有人公开了他剽窃的 |
[18:38] | about his plagiarism. | 所有资料 |
[18:39] | It was me. | 是我干的 |
[18:42] | Someone else told Fermilab, and he lost his job. | 还有人告诉了费米实验室 他失业了 |
[18:45] | Also me. | 也是我 |
[18:47] | And someone is sleeping with his ex-wife and it’s not me. | 而有人在睡他的前妻 不是我 |
[18:53] | I thought it was. | 我还以为是你呢 |
[18:54] | Not anymore. Apparently, just because I’m better | 不再是了 虽然我强过她的老公 |
[18:57] | than her husband doesn’t mean I’m as good as her contractor. | 但这不代表我强过她的装修工 |
[19:02] | Women. | 女人啊 |
[19:04] | I think you need to go. | 你还是走吧 |
[19:06] | No, wait. Hear me out. | 等等 听我说 |
[19:07] | Look, the three of us could team up. | 我们三个可以组队 |
[19:09] | There’s one small catch. | 不过有个小问题 |
[19:11] | Dr. Pemberton has been saying a lot of bad stuff about me. But don’t worry, | 彭伯顿博士说了我很多坏话 但别担心 |
[19:15] | I couldn’t possibly have done any of it, | 绝对不是我对他下的黑手 |
[19:17] | because I was with you guys the whole time. | 因为我一直都跟你们在一起啊 |
[19:19] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[19:23] | Frankly, I don’t know what Linda ever saw in either of them. | 说真的 我不知道琳达看上他们两人哪一点 |