时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oh, the… there’s a 7:15 at the ArcLight. | 聚光灯电影院有7点15分的场 |
[00:05] | Well, that doesn’t give us much time to eat. | 可是这样我们没什么时间吃饭啊 |
[00:06] | We can eat afterwards. | 我们可以看完再吃啊 |
[00:07] | I’m not gonna eat at 10:00 at night. | 我才不要晚上十点后才吃晚饭 |
[00:09] | Who am I, Hemingway? | 我又不是海明威 |
[00:12] | Why do you think Hemingway ate at 10:00? | 你为什么觉得海明威晚上10点吃晚饭 |
[00:14] | He spent a lot of time in Spain. They eat dinner late. | 他在西班牙待过不少时间 那里人吃饭晚 |
[00:14] | 美国知名作家与记者 代表作《老人与海》 曾被外派去西班牙报导西班牙内战 | |
[00:17] | He also spent a lot of time in Florida. | 他也在佛罗里达州待过挺长时间啊 |
[00:18] | Last time I was there, people were eating dinner at, like, 4:30. | 根据我去的经验 当地人4点半就在吃晚饭了 |
[00:23] | You guys know that Hemingway had cats with six toes? | 你们知道海明威的猫有6只脚趾吗 |
[00:27] | 海明威在美国基韦斯特岛的故居周围 还存有大量的6趾猫 | |
[00:27] | Six toes per foot or six toes total? | 是每只脚有6趾还是总共只有6趾 |
[00:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[00:32] | It’s official. We’re never going to see the Avengers. | 正式确定了 我们看不到最新的《复仇者联盟》 |
[00:35] | Guys, just come on. Make a decision. | 你们别闹了 赶紧做个决定吧 |
[00:36] | I-I’m good with eating after. | 我不介意看完再吃 |
[00:38] | – Mm, I’m kind of hungry now. – Yeah, me, too. | -我现在就有点饿了 -我也是 |
[00:40] | – Then we’ll eat before. – Okay. | -那我们就看之前吃 -好 |
[00:42] | So, then, we can see the 3-D at 9:00 or the 2-D at 9:30. | 我们可以看9点的3D场或者2D的9点半场 |
[00:45] | 3-D. If I’m gonna see Thor, | 3D的 如果要看到雷神索尔 |
[00:47] | I want to feel like I could lick those abs. | 我想要有一伸舌头就能舔到他腹肌的感觉 |
[00:50] | Actually, 3-D kind of makes me queasy. | 其实3D会让我看得有点想吐 |
[00:53] | No, but we have to see it in 3-D. | 可是我们必须得看3D的啊 |
[00:54] | We saw part one in 3-D, and the 2-D part two | 上半部我们看了3D版 而2D版的下半部 |
[00:56] | is not the part two of the 3-D part one. | 可不能当做是3D版的下半部 |
[01:00] | He’s got you there, Leonard. | 他一句话辩倒你啦 莱纳德 |
[01:01] | Or he doesn’t. I don’t really care anymore. | 也可能没辩倒 我反正已经不在乎了 |
[01:04] | Okay, then, we’ll go see it in 3-D. | 好好好 那我们就去看3D场 |
[01:06] | No. Sweetie, you shouldn’t do things that make you feel bad. | 亲爱的 要是会让你难受 你就不该做啊 |
[01:08] | Well, I’m doing this. | 我不也在做这事吗 |
[01:11] | And of course he is. | 他当然会做啦 |
[01:12] | He is a textbook satisficer. | 他就是标准的满意即可性格 |
[01:14] | That’s not even a word. | 根本就没有这个词 |
[01:15] | Uh, yes, it is. | 真的有 |
[01:16] | According to Nobel Prize-winning economist Herbert Simon, | 根据诺贝尔经济学奖得主赫伯特·西蒙所说 |
[01:19] | satisficing is a decision-making strategy | 满意即可是一种决策方法 |
[01:21] | whereby a person accepts whatever available option is satisfactory | 是指一个人愿意接受任何过得去的选择 |
[01:25] | rather than seeking out a course of action | 而不愿努力去寻求 |
[01:27] | that would make him happiest, | 能让自己最满意的最优化方式 |
[01:28] | as I just did when I explained what satisficing was. | 比如我跟你们解释”满意即可”就是自己最爽的方式 |
[01:32] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[01:33] | No one wanted to hear that. | 没人想听这个 |
[01:34] | He knew it, yet he plowed ahead. | 他知道会有这下场 还是愿意跳你这坑 |
[01:38] | I’m just trying to find a plan that makes everyone happy | 我只是在试着找到一个大家都开心的方案 |
[01:40] | Except you. | 但你自己不会开心 |
[01:42] | Yeah, Leonard. What would make you happy? | 对啊 莱纳德 什么会让你开心 |
[01:43] | I could tell you about satisficing again. | 我愿意为你再说一遍满意即可 |
[01:46] | You know, what would make me happy | 如果真的想让我心满意足 |
[01:47] | is if we just stop talking about this | 那就请大家别再废话 |
[01:48] | and see whatever movie you guys want to see | 就看你们想看的电影 |
[01:50] | whenever you want to see it. | 选你们想要的时间就行 |
[01:51] | Okay. But next time, we get to pick. | 行 这次听你安排 下次得让我们选啊 |
[02:23] | How’s your headache? | 你头疼怎么样了 |
[02:25] | It’s better. The throwing up really helped. | 好点了 吐完真的感觉舒服些 |
[02:29] | I’m so sorry you missed the end of the movie. | 你错过结尾真是太遗憾了 |
[02:31] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没事啦 |
[02:33] | Everyone talked about it so much on the ride home, | 大家回程车上聊了一整路 |
[02:34] | I feel like I saw it. | 我感觉我也在现场看到了 |
[02:37] | Well, to be fair, you talked about the bathroom so much, | 凭良心说 你也说了这么多你在卫生间的事 |
[02:39] | we felt like we saw that, too. | 我们也感觉在现场看到了 |
[02:43] | I think I would’ve been okay if we weren’t sitting so close. | 如果我们不坐那么前排 或许我会好些 |
[02:45] | Well, then, why did we sit so close? | 那我们为什么要坐那么前排 |
[02:47] | Sheldon said, “Are these seats good for everyone?” | 谢尔顿说”这座位大家没意见吧” |
[02:49] | What was I supposed to do, say no, like a maniac? | 你要我说什么啊 不怕死地说不吗 |
[02:53] | Sweetie, you have got to stand up for yourself. | 亲爱的 你得为自己站出来说话啊 |
[02:55] | You know, maybe Sheldon’s right. | 或许谢尔顿说的是对的 |
[02:56] | Maybe you are that word he said. | 可能你就是他说的那种人 |
[02:59] | Satisficer? | 满意即可人格吗 |
[02:59] | Yeah, that! That’s the one. | 对 就是这个 |
[03:01] | Boy, sounds way more made-up when you say it. | 天啊 从你嘴里说出来感觉这词假了好多 |
[03:04] | I mean, come on, when was the last time | 来嘛 你说说你上一次 |
[03:05] | you did something totally selfish without worrying | 做一件完全自私且没有 |
[03:07] | about what anyone else wanted? | 考虑其他人的想法是在什么时候 |
[03:10] | According to my mother, | 根据我妈所说 |
[03:11] | I took my sweet time being born. | 我出生的时候拖了很长时间才生下来 |
[03:17] | How is that selfish? | 这点怎么自私了 |
[03:19] | Apparently, she had dinner reservations. | 她貌似有在餐厅订位吃晚饭 |
[03:25] | And this is the telescope room | 而这里是望远镜房 |
[03:26] | where I spend a lot of my evenings. | 我在这里度过无数个夜晚 |
[03:29] | Where’s the telescope? | 望远镜在哪 |
[03:30] | Hawaii. | 夏威夷 |
[03:32] | That’s cool. | 很酷啊 |
[03:33] | Yeah, so, you know… | 是啊 所以嘛… |
[03:35] | aloha. | 你好 欢迎[夏威夷语] |
[03:40] | What’s that smell? | 这是什么味道啊 |
[03:42] | Uh, everyone has their own theory. | 每个人都有一套理论 |
[03:44] | Dr. Tibourgh thinks it’s mold. | 泰博博士觉得是霉味 |
[03:45] | I think it’s Dr. Tibourgh. | 而我觉得是泰博博士的臭味 |
[03:49] | So, what am I looking at? | 所以我面前的是什么 |
[03:50] | Ah, this is live information from the Keck telescope. | 这是凯克望远镜发送过来的即时资料 |
[03:54] | It’s pretty interesting. | 其实挺有意思的 |
[03:55] | So, I recently observed some optical flashes. | 我最近观测到一些光学闪光 |
[03:58] | It could be light bouncing off a natural object, | 可能是光线从自然物体反射过来 |
[04:00] | but those tend to be less reflective, | 但自然物体通常反射力较弱 |
[04:01] | so could be evidence of something alien-made. | 所以很有可能是外星造物存在的证据 |
[04:05] | Oh, this suddenly got exciting. | 一下子开始有趣了起来呢 |
[04:07] | Oh. When you say “exciting,” | 你说”有趣”的时候 |
[04:08] | do you mean “Go back to my place” exciting | 是”回我家再办事”的有趣程度 |
[04:10] | or “Hold our breath and do it here”? | 还是”小声点在这就把事办了”的程度 |
[04:15] | Mahalo. | 谢谢[夏威夷语] |
[04:25] | Do I want to ask? | 我问了会后悔吗 |
[04:28] | Oh, w… when I go upstairs, | 等我到了楼上 |
[04:30] | Penny’s gonna make me choose what we’re gonna do tonight | 佩妮就会要我选择我们今晚做什么 |
[04:32] | without taking her feelings into consideration, | 而且不准考虑她的感觉与想法 |
[04:34] | and I-I don’t know if I’m up for it. | 我不知道自己做不做得到 |
[04:38] | Poor baby. When I go upstairs, | 真”可怜”啊 等我一到楼上 |
[04:40] | Sheldon’s gonna give me a 25-minute lecture | 谢尔顿要用整整25分钟 |
[04:42] | about what Hulk would be like if he were made of metal. | 来告诉我如果浩克是金属做的会怎样 |
[04:46] | Part of his ongoing series, | 这是他的一个系列讲座 |
[04:48] | “What If Hulk Were Made of Other Things?” | 《如果浩克是其他材质做的会怎样》 |
[04:52] | I-I’ve always been a people pleaser. | 我这人从来就喜欢讨好别人 |
[04:54] | Is that so bad? It’s gotten me this far. | 有那么糟糕吗 我不也走到现在了吗 |
[04:56] | What, almost up four flights of stairs? | 走到哪 走个4层楼吗 |
[05:00] | Okay, if I go in there | 好吧 如果我到楼上 |
[05:02] | and pick something I want to do that she also wants to do, | 选择一件我和她都想做的事 |
[05:05] | she’s gonna think I’m just picking it to make her happy. | 她一定会以为我是故意让她高兴 |
[05:07] | So I feel like | 所以我觉得 |
[05:08] | I have to pick something I know she doesn’t want to do | 我必须得选一件她不想做的事 |
[05:10] | or she’s gonna be disappointed. | 不然她会失望 |
[05:12] | Right? What do you think? | 对不对 你觉得呢 |
[05:14] | Think I’ve got ice cream in this bag | 我觉得我袋子里的冰激凌 |
[05:15] | that’s starting to melt. | 恐怕是开始化了 |
[05:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:19] | It’s exhausting being in my head. | 我头都要想爆了 |
[05:21] | Look, when you wanted Penny, you didn’t care | 听着 从前你喜欢佩妮的时候 |
[05:24] | what anybody else thought or wanted, | 完全不顾周围所有人的想法 |
[05:26] | including Penny. | 包括佩妮本人的想法 |
[05:30] | That’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[05:32] | Yeah, yeah, there was something I wanted, | 没错 没错 爷想要什么 |
[05:35] | I went after it and I got it. | 爷就大胆去追 还追到手了 |
[05:37] | Now you’re hiding from it on the stairs, so it all worked out. | 如今你为了躲她藏在楼道里 一切如你所愿 |
[05:44] | I thought about what I want to do tonight, | 我想到今晚要做什么了 |
[05:45] | and I didn’t take your feelings into consideration at all. | 我可完全不会顾及你的感受哦 |
[05:49] | Great. | 太好了 |
[05:50] | I want to have sex. | 我要和你滚床单 |
[05:54] | Wow, sex with your wife. | 和老婆滚床单 |
[05:56] | You’re really swinging for the fences there, Hofstadter. | 你可真是挥出全垒打呢 霍夫斯塔德 |
[05:59] | Yeah, we don’t have to. | 算了 我们不一定要做的 |
[06:00] | No! | 别呀 |
[06:02] | I like it. Let’s go. | 我喜欢这个主意 来吧 |
[06:03] | Oh, o-okay. | 好 好呀 |
[06:04] | And then after that, we’re gonna watch Startrek discovery. | 滚完之后 我们还要看《星际旅行:发现号》 |
[06:07] | All right. Well, just a warning, I might be on my phone for most of it. | 好 提前预警 我可能大部分时间都在玩手机 |
[06:11] | That’s fine. | 没问题 |
[06:12] | Wait, you mean just the Star Trek… | 等等 你是说看《星际旅行》时还是… |
[06:13] | Actually, I don’t care. | 老实说 我根本不在乎 |
[06:18] | And, with apologies to Lady Gaga, | 女神卡卡 非常抱歉 |
[06:21] | that’s how a star is born. | 这才是一个明星的诞生 |
[06:25] | Told you he was gonna mention Lady Gaga. | 我就跟你说他会提到女神卡卡 |
[06:29] | At least he didn’t talk about how much he cried | 至少他没提看那部电影时 |
[06:31] | during that movie. | 痛哭了多少次 |
[06:33] | Although, if you haven’t seen that movie, you should. | 不过如果你没看过那部电影 强烈推荐呀 |
[06:35] | I cried so much. | 我痛哭了好多次呢 |
[06:39] | Well, that’s the lecture for today. | 今天就讲到这里 |
[06:41] | Uh, let’s open it up for questions. | 下面请大家尽情提问吧 |
[06:45] | Oh, you! Sir, yes. | 就是你了 先生 |
[06:47] | You have a question? | 你有问题吗 |
[06:48] | Yeah. Actually, I have a two-part question. | 有 事实上 我的问题分为两部分 |
[06:51] | Are you sure? I get the sense it’s only one part. | 你确定吗 我觉得你应该只有一个部分吧 |
[06:56] | No, no, it’s two. | 不 不 是两部分 |
[06:57] | Part one, | 第一部分 |
[06:58] | the new star you were talking about– | 你刚才提到的那颗新星 |
[07:00] | how long did it take that light to reach Earth? | 它的光要多少年才能到达地球 |
[07:02] | And part two: | 第二部分 |
[07:03] | is it true you plant your friends in the audience to ask questions? | 你是不是安插了你朋友假扮观众来提问呢 |
[07:07] | 46,000 years. | 46000年 |
[07:09] | And no, I don’t plant my friends, | 还有 我没有安插朋友 |
[07:10] | because apparently, I don’t have any. | 因为现在看来 我根本没有朋友 |
[07:14] | Uh, any other questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[07:17] | – Uh, yes. You, miss. – Hi. | -好的 这位女士 -你好 |
[07:18] | I read your paper on specular reflections. It was great. | 我阅读了你关于镜面反射的论文 写得太好了 |
[07:21] | – Oh, thank you so much. – In your conclusion, | -非常感谢 -你的结论中提到 |
[07:23] | you said you couldn’t rule out that light flashes | 你无法排除闪光可能是 |
[07:25] | could be evidence of alien civilization. | 外星文明的证据 |
[07:28] | So does that mean you think it’s aliens? | 所以你认为那是外星人吗 |
[07:31] | I was just illustrating that there are many unknowns, | 我只是想说明世上有很多未解之谜 |
[07:33] | and as scientists, we can’t preemptively rule out possibilities. | 作为科学家 我们不能预先排除各种可能性 |
[07:36] | So you think it’s aliens. | 所以你认为那是外星人 |
[07:39] | A-Actually, no, that’s… | 事实上 不 那是… |
[07:40] | I have a question about the aliens you found. | 关于你发现的外星人 我也有个问题 |
[07:43] | That’s not what I said, Howard. | 我没有那么说 霍华德 |
[07:45] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[07:47] | Do you two know each other? | 你们两个难道互相认识吗 |
[07:50] | Yeah. | 对了 |
[07:51] | My sister was– | 我的妹妹曾经… |
[07:52] | a-and this is her term– abducted. | 用她的话来说 被外星人劫持了 |
[07:58] | Do you think those could be the same aliens… | 你觉得这会是同一群外星人吗 |
[08:00] | Okay, any other questions? | 好了 还有其他问题吗 |
[08:02] | Not about aliens? | 和外星人无关的 |
[08:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:07] | Do you still want me to ask the one you gave me? | 你还需要我问你给我的那个问题吗 |
[08:09] | ‘Cause it kind of feels like we’re past that. | 因为我觉得最佳时机已经过去了 |
[08:14] | Ooh, Leonard, I don’t mean to alarm you, | 莱纳德 我不想吓到你 |
[08:16] | but the Chinese food smells funny. | 不过这中国菜闻起来怎么怪怪的 |
[08:18] | That’s because it’s barbecue. | 因为这里面装的是烧烤 |
[08:22] | But it’s Chinese food night. | 可今晚是中餐之夜啊 |
[08:23] | Um, I picked it. You’re the one who told me | 我自己改了 是你让我 |
[08:25] | to stop being such a satisficer all the time. | 不要再对别人百依百顺的 |
[08:27] | What? I did not. | 什么 我才没有 |
[08:29] | I just pointed out that you were one. | 我只是指出你是个百依百顺的人 |
[08:31] | It’s what I like best about you. | 那是我最欣赏你的一点 |
[08:33] | Well, that and those little notes you leave in my lunch. | 对了 还有你在我午餐里留下的贴心小纸条 |
[08:37] | I leave those! | 纸条是我留的 |
[08:41] | Well, that’s disappointing. | 这可真让人失望 |
[08:42] | I already know that you heart me. | 我早就知道你”稀罕”我了 |
[08:44] | Now I don’t know if Leonard does. | 现在我不知道莱纳德是否”稀罕”我了 |
[08:46] | Well, this is what we’re having for dinner. | 反正今晚我们就吃这个 |
[08:48] | You can eat it or not. I don’t care. | 你爱吃不吃 我不在乎 |
[08:50] | I guess that answers the heart question. | 我想”稀不稀罕”这个问题已经解决了 |
[08:53] | I-It’s fine. We’ll have barbecue. | 没关系 我们就吃烧烤吧 |
[08:55] | Oh, of course. I’m nothing if not flexible. | 当然啦 我这人就是能屈能伸 |
[08:57] | I’m sure that at some point | 我敢肯定 |
[08:59] | in the 3,000-year history of the Chinese empire, | 在华夏文明3000年历史中的某个时间点 |
[09:02] | a cavalryman crossing | 一个骑兵穿越 |
[09:03] | the Gobi Desert was forced by hunger to eat his own horse | 戈壁沙漠 饥寒交迫 不得不杀了自己的马 |
[09:06] | and roast it over a campfire, | 用篝火烤熟吃掉 |
[09:08] | hence, Chinese barbecue. Let’s eat. | 中式烤肉从此诞生 开饭吧 |
[09:12] | Gee, I’m sorry, I didn’t watch the news today. | 真抱歉 我今天没看新闻 |
[09:15] | Has the whole world gone mad? | 是不是全世界都发疯啦 |
[09:18] | It’s my house. | 这里是我家 |
[09:20] | I’m tired of being told where I can and can’t sit. | 我受够了别人告诉我必需坐在哪 |
[09:24] | You did this. | 你干的好事 |
[09:27] | Amy, grab your meat. We’re leaving in a huff. | 艾米 拿上你的烤肉 我们要愤然离开 |
[09:31] | I’m sorry, if I don’t go now, it’s not a huff. | 抱歉 如果我现在不走 就不叫愤然了 |
[09:37] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 你别多想 |
[09:38] | but that was even more exciting than the sex. | 但刚才那感觉比上床还令我兴奋 |
[09:43] | Don’t take this the wrong way, but yes, it was. | 你也别多想 但确实比上床还爽 |
[09:55] | Leonard, where are you going? | 莱纳德 你这是要去哪 |
[09:56] | Well, to work. | 去上班 |
[09:57] | Just trying out a different route. | 试试走另一条路 |
[09:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:00] | If we cross the county line, it’s technically kidnapping. | 如果我们越过县边界 这就成绑架了 |
[10:04] | Well, if you don’t approve of my driving, too bad. | 如果你不赞同我开车的方式 很可惜 |
[10:07] | This is the new me. Get used to it. | 这是全新的我 赶快习惯吧 |
[10:08] | Fine. Then this is the new me, | 行吧 那这就是全新的我 |
[10:10] | and he finds the new you tiresome. | 而他觉得全新的你好烦人 |
[10:14] | How is that different than the old you? | 这跟从前的你有什么不同 |
[10:16] | The new me gives knowing winks. | 全新的我会做出会心的眨眼 |
[10:21] | Well, all these years, | 这么多年来 |
[10:23] | I-I was afraid to say what I wanted. | 我都不敢说出自己真正想要的 |
[10:25] | You know, even at work, | 就算在工作上 |
[10:27] | you know, there’s things I want to accomplish, | 我也有想完成的目标 |
[10:28] | but I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers or step on any toes. | 但我不想惹毛或踩到他人的界线[脚趾] |
[10:31] | Feathers and toes? Is the new thing you’re trying | 羽毛和脚趾 你想完成的新目标 |
[10:33] | to accomplish ballroom dancing with a chicken? | 难道是在舞池和一只鸡共舞吗 |
[10:36] | Look at that– the new me is hilarious. | 瞧啊 全新的我真是爆笑哏王 |
[10:40] | Always wanted to be the principal investigator | 我一直想当等离子体物理研究的 |
[10:42] | on a plasma physics study. | 首席研究员 |
[10:45] | Hey, look at that– the new you’s funny, too. | 瞧啊 全新的你也很搞笑 |
[10:48] | I’m serious. You know… | 我是认真的 |
[10:50] | I’m gonna put together a proposal | 我要写一份项目建议书 |
[10:52] | and tell President Siebert this is what I want to do. | 告诉塞伯特校长这就是我想做的 |
[10:54] | If he doesn’t let me, | 如果他不批准 |
[10:55] | there’s plenty of other universities that will. | 还有大把大学愿意让我研究这个项目 |
[10:57] | Sure there are. | 当然有啦 |
[11:01] | Of course you don’t want me to do that, | 你当然不希望我这么做了 |
[11:03] | because you like it when you’re successful and I’m not. | 因为你就喜欢你功成名就 而我无所作为 |
[11:05] | No, you’re confusing causation and… | 不 你搞混了因果关系和… |
[11:07] | “Welcome to Alhambra.” Where the heck are we? | “欢迎来到阿罕布拉” 这是什么鬼地方啊 |
[11:13] | Now I’m some sort of big joke. | 现在我成了大家的笑柄 |
[11:15] | I’m even on some alien conspiracy blog. | 连外星人阴谋论博客也报道我 |
[11:17] | See? “Caltech astrophysicist | 看到没 “加州理工天文物理学家 |
[11:20] | finds proof of alien life” | 找到外星生命存在的证据” |
[11:23] | Wow, that is not a great picture of you. | 你这张照片真不上镜 |
[11:26] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点好吗 |
[11:27] | Dr. Koothrappali. | 库萨帕里博士 |
[11:29] | – I’m surprised to see you in here. – Why is that? | -真意外 你居然在这里 -为什么 |
[11:31] | Because the truth… | 因为真相… |
[11:32] | is out there! | 就在外面 |
[11:32] | 美剧《X档案》经典片头语 该剧常讨论外星生命和政府阴谋论 | |
[11:37] | You see? That’s what I’m talking about. | 你看 我说的就是这个 |
[11:39] | People have been doing that to me all day. | 今天一整天都有人对我玩这种哏 |
[11:41] | Relax. They’re just having fun. | 淡定啦 他们只是开开玩笑 |
[11:45] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[11:50] | See? It’s fun. | 我就说了很好笑嘛 |
[11:58] | Wow. Deja vu. | 这番景象似曾相识 |
[12:01] | Amy, you’re a neuroscientist– | 艾米 你是神经系统学家 |
[12:03] | you know the latest research into deja vu suggests | 你知道关于”既视感”的最新研究表明 |
[12:05] | it’s nothing but the frontal regions of the brain | 那只不过是大脑的额叶 |
[12:07] | attempting to correct an inaccurate memory. | 试图纠正错误的记忆罢了 |
[12:09] | You telling me stuff I already know | 你告诉我我早已知道的事 |
[12:11] | is definitely deja vu. | 这场景绝对似曾相识 |
[12:14] | How about telling me something I don’t know, | 不如说些我不知道的事吧 |
[12:16] | like why you’re sitting on the stairs. | 比如你为什么坐在楼梯上 |
[12:19] | How can I tell if I’m doing something for a noble reason | 我如何分辨我做一件事是出于高尚的原因 |
[12:22] | or a selfish reason? | 还是自私的原因 |
[12:25] | Try saying the thing in your head | 试试在脑海里说出那件事 |
[12:27] | and see if you can add the words, “that’ll show ’em.” | 看你能否在后面加上”点醒这些傻子” |
[12:33] | Leonard’s about to demand a job | 莱纳德准备申请一个项目 |
[12:34] | that I don’t think the university will give him. | 我觉得学校不会批准 |
[12:36] | I’m worried he’s making a giant mistake. | 我担心他这是犯了一个大错误 |
[12:39] | But maybe I only think that | 但或许我这么想 |
[12:40] | because deep down I don’t want him to succeed. | 只是因为我内心深处不希望他成功 |
[12:45] | The fact that you’re worried about your motivation | 你担心自己这么做的动机 |
[12:47] | supports the idea that you genuinely care for your friend. | 恰恰证明你是真心关心你的朋友 |
[12:54] | I do. | 我是关心他 |
[12:56] | Thank you, Amy. | 谢谢你 艾米 |
[12:58] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[12:59] | After I’ve talked to Leonard, | 等我跟莱纳德谈完后 |
[13:00] | you’ve earned yourself a bonus lecture on Sponge Hulk. | 额外奖励你一场关于海绵浩克的讲座 |
[13:07] | That’ll show me. | 点醒我这傻子 |
[13:12] | So, I spent the whole day putting together this proposal, | 我花了一整天写好这份计划书 |
[13:15] | and tomorrow I’m gonna tell President Siebert | 明天我就告诉塞伯特校长 |
[13:17] | that this is what I want to do. | 这是我想做的 |
[13:19] | Oh. Well, this… | 这个… |
[13:22] | looks great. | 看起来好棒 |
[13:25] | – You didn’t even open it. – Well, no, | -你都没打开看 -不 |
[13:26] | it’s got a nice, you know, | 这份计划书 |
[13:27] | science-y heft to it. I… | 有着沉甸甸的科学重量 我… |
[13:30] | Really proud of you, sweetie. | 真心为你骄傲 亲爱的 |
[13:34] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[13:36] | I have been agonizing | 我一直在纠结 |
[13:37] | over whether or not to say something to you. | 要不要跟你说这些话 |
[13:39] | Aw. Let me help. Don’t. | 我帮你决定 别说 |
[13:43] | I have to. | 我必须说 |
[13:44] | I don’t think that you should demand to be in charge | 我觉得你不该要求负责 |
[13:47] | of a plasma project. | 一个等离子体项目 |
[13:48] | Well, big surprise. | 好意外哦 |
[13:49] | You can’t stand the idea of me succeeding. | 你无法忍受我可能会成功 |
[13:52] | No. I’ll be honest. | 不 我承认 |
[13:54] | New assertive Leonard is going to take some getting used to. | 我得花点时间才能适应独断自信的全新莱纳德 |
[13:57] | But so did cargo pants Leonard, hmm? | 但当初穿工装裤的莱纳德我后来也慢慢接受啦 |
[14:00] | Who, for the record, I miss. | 说真的 我怀念那个莱纳德 |
[14:02] | He always had gum. | 他身上总带着口香糖 |
[14:04] | Sheldon, if this is what he wants, he should ask for it. | 谢尔顿 如果这是他想要的 他就该提出来 |
[14:06] | I mean, what’s the worst that happens? They say no. | 最糟糕又能怎样 不就是被拒绝吗 |
[14:08] | Well, I’m not gonna let them say no. | 我不会让他们拒绝我 |
[14:10] | If they don’t want me to quit, this is what it’s gonna take. | 如果他们不希望我辞职就得批准 |
[14:13] | Wait, you’re gonna quit? | 等等 你打算辞职 |
[14:15] | Yeah. It’s like you said, I have to go after what I want, | 对 你也说过 我必须争取我想要的 |
[14:17] | and if I can’t get that at Caltech, | 如果我在加州理工得不到 |
[14:19] | there are plenty of other universities in the world. | 这世界上的大学多的是 |
[14:21] | In the world? | 这世界上 |
[14:23] | I can’t even get you to go to the beach, | 我都没办法让你去海滩 |
[14:25] | and now you want to move to the world? | 现在你想去全世界啦 |
[14:28] | Well, I don’t want to, | 我也不想 |
[14:29] | but if that’s what I have to do… | 但如果这是我必须做的… |
[14:30] | Okay, don’t you think threatening to quit your job is something | 你不觉得以辞职要挟这种事 |
[14:32] | you should run by me first? | 应该先问过我吗 |
[14:33] | You said I shouldn’t worry about your feelings. | 你说过我不应该担心你的感受 |
[14:36] | I meant feelings about things that I don’t care about! | 我指的是我不在乎的事情的感受 |
[14:39] | Now, I’m not quite sure when to jump in here… | 我不确定什么时候要掺和进来 |
[14:40] | – Not now. – Okay. | -不是时候 -好 |
[14:43] | Fine, you want to talk about it? Let’s talk about it. | 你想谈 我们就谈 |
[14:44] | I-I’m not loving my job right now. | 我不喜欢现在的工作 |
[14:47] | And this is something that would make me happy. | 这是能带给我快乐的事情 |
[14:49] | Don’t you want me to be happy? | 你不希望我快乐吗 |
[14:50] | Oh, I’ve been dinged on this before. | 我以前为这事栽过跟头 |
[14:51] | Whatever you really think, you have to say yes. | 不管你怎么想 必须回答”希望” |
[14:54] | – Of course I want you to be happy. – Well played. | -我当然希望你快乐 -做得好 |
[14:58] | Okay, I know this seems scary, | 我知道这似乎很可怕 |
[15:01] | but I put together a strong proposal. | 但我的计划书很有力度 |
[15:03] | It’s good for me, it’s good for the university. | 对我对大学都有好处 |
[15:05] | They’re gonna give it to me. | 他们会同意的 |
[15:07] | No. | 不行 |
[15:10] | I’m sorry, President Siebert, | 抱歉 塞伯特校长 |
[15:12] | but I’m not taking no for an answer. | 但我不接受否定答案 |
[15:14] | I speak a little Russian. | 我懂点俄语 |
[15:15] | Will you take nyet for an answer? | 俄语的”否”你接受吗 |
[15:19] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[15:20] | Oh. Well, that changes everything. | 那一切自然不同了 |
[15:22] | – Really? – Nyet. | -真的吗 -“否”[俄语] |
[15:27] | I know a lot of people have been having fun | 我知道很多人玩得不亦乐乎 |
[15:29] | claiming that I said I found alien life. | 声称我说我发现了外星人 |
[15:32] | I want to make it clear | 我想说清楚 |
[15:33] | that is not what I said. | 我不是这样说的 |
[15:36] | I did say that was one possible explanation. | 我的确说过有这种可能 |
[15:38] | I don’t think that’s something to mock. | 我不觉得这有什么可嘲笑的 |
[15:40] | Right? It would be arrogant for us to assume | 对吧 光假设宇宙中只有我们 |
[15:43] | that we are alone in the universe. | 那也未免太自大了 |
[15:45] | And as scientists, we need to remain open | 作为科学家 我们要保持开放心态 |
[15:47] | to the possibility that the truth may sound silly | 尽管真相有可能听起来很傻 |
[15:50] | or far-fetched. | 或是牵强附会 |
[15:51] | Uh, the round Earth. Germs that cause diseases. | 地球是圆的 导致疾病的细菌 |
[15:54] | Subatomic particles. | 亚原子粒子 |
[15:56] | All these at one time seemed fanciful. | 这些都曾经被认为是想象 |
[15:58] | So who’s to say what science fiction of today | 谁又能说今日的科幻 |
[16:00] | will be the reality of tomorrow? | 他日不会成为现实 |
[16:03] | Will there be colonies on Mars? | 能移民去火星吗 |
[16:06] | Uh, matter transporters? | 物质传送 |
[16:08] | Perhaps the Loch Ness Monster is real. | 也许尼斯湖水怪是真实存在的 |
[16:10] | Who knows? I’m just saying that… | 谁知道呢 我意思是 |
[16:13] | the only way science moves forward | 科学进步的唯一方式 |
[16:15] | is to follow the evidence wherever it leads, | 就是让证据带领我们 |
[16:18] | even if it makes us sound crazy sometimes. | 哪怕有时候会让我们说的话显得疯狂 |
[16:22] | Hey, Bernie, look at this. | 妮妮 看这个 |
[16:24] | “Caltech astrophysicist claims | “加州理工天体物理学家声称 |
[16:26] | Loch Ness Monster is real.” | 尼斯湖水怪是真实存在的” |
[16:33] | – Hey. How did it go? – Great. | -怎么样 -非常好 |
[16:35] | What, so you got the job? | 你得到那份工作了吗 |
[16:36] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[16:39] | So you quit? Okay, Leonard, I can’t move. | 你辞职了吗 莱纳德 我不能搬家 |
[16:41] | I just bought a six-month membership to SoulCycle. | 我刚买了半年的灵魂动感单车会员 |
[16:45] | Well, I-I didn’t quit. | 我没有辞职 |
[16:47] | I said I was going to. | 我说我会辞职 |
[16:48] | I walked out the door and started crying. | 我走出门就开始哭 |
[16:51] | You know, “Oh, my, God, oh, my God, oh, my God, what’d I do?” | 我不断地叫”我的天 我该怎么办” |
[16:54] | And then he called me back in. | 然后他又把我叫回去 |
[16:57] | Then he changed his mind? | 他改主意了吗 |
[16:58] | He did not. | 没有 |
[17:00] | I’m really confused about | 我真的不知道 |
[17:01] | how to react to this story. | 对这个故事要作出什么反应了 |
[17:04] | President Siebert didn’t want to lose me. | 塞伯特校长不希望我离开 |
[17:07] | Even though they couldn’t make me | 尽管他们不能让我 |
[17:08] | a lead investigator on a plasma team, | 做等离子体团队的首席研究员 |
[17:11] | there was an opening for a co-lead | 但光子纠缠团队 |
[17:13] | on a photon entanglement team. | 有一个联合首席的空缺 |
[17:14] | How cool is that? | 是不是很酷 |
[17:16] | You’re gonna have to tell me. | 你得告诉我 |
[17:20] | It’s really cool. | 真的很酷 |
[17:21] | Oh, I am so happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[17:24] | I almost got what I wanted, and it never would have happened | 我差点就得到我想要的 如果没有你差点相信我 |
[17:27] | if you hadn’t almost believed in me. | 这一切就不会发生 |
[17:31] | Let’s celebrate. What do you want to do? | 我们来庆祝 你想做什么 |
[17:33] | Oh, please don’t make me decide another thing. | 拜托别再让我做决定 |
[17:35] | Hey, you want to go to SoulCycle with me? | 你想和我一起去骑灵魂动感单车吗 |
[17:37] | Give me a minute, I’ll think of something. | 给我一分钟 我想其他活动 |
[17:45] | Now, I know what you’re thinking: | 我知道你在想什么 |
[17:47] | isn’t Broccoli Hulk basically just the Jolly Green Giant? | 西兰花浩克是否就是快乐的绿巨人 |
[17:52] | That is what I was thinking. | 我的确是这样想的 |
[17:54] | Let’s never discuss it again. | 我们别再讨论了 |
[17:57] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[17:59] | – Are you hiding from Penny again? – No. No, no, no. | -你又在躲佩妮吗 -不是不是 |
[18:02] | I-I went to SoulCycle with her, and my legs hurt so bad, I… | 我和她去骑灵魂动感单车 腿太痛了 我… |
[18:06] | literally can’t stand up. | 真的站不起来了 |
[18:09] | Sheldon, why don’t you keep him company. | 谢尔顿 你陪他吧 |
[18:13] | All right. | 好 |
[18:16] | Hello, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[18:23] | Have you ever wondered | 你有没有想过 |
[18:25] | what the Hulk would be like if he were made of sherbet? | 如果浩克是冰冻果子露做的会怎么样 |
[18:32] | I give up. | 我放弃 |
[18:34] | Delicious. | 会是美味的浩克 |