时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | We just published a few months ago. | 我们几个月前才发表的论文 |
[00:04] | How did you have time to design an experiment? | 你们怎么这么快就设计出实验了 |
[00:06] | This whole thing is actually a gigantic accident. | 整件事其实是巨大的意外 |
[00:10] | You weren’t even thinking about super-asymmetry? | 你们当时都没想着超不对称性吗 |
[00:12] | Thinking about it? | 别说想了 |
[00:14] | We don’t even understand it. | 我们连那是什么都不知道 |
[00:17] | Uh, can you believe this? | 你们能相信吗 |
[00:18] | Doctors Pemberton and Campbell have been doing | 彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士出席了很多媒体见面会 |
[00:20] | a press tour trying to take credit for super-asymmetry. | 想把超不对称性的荣誉据为己有 |
[00:23] | So what? I mean, no one’s gonna give them credit | 那又如何 没人会因为他们意外发现了什么 |
[00:25] | for accidentally discovering something. | 而给予他们肯定 |
[00:27] | Yeah, who remembers the guy | 是啊 谁记得 |
[00:28] | who was trying to find India and discovered America instead? | 本来想找印度 结果发现了美洲大陆的人呢 |
[00:31] | What was his name again? | 他叫什么来着[哥伦布] |
[00:33] | Now stop trying to steal our Nobel Prize. | 你们休想偷走我们的诺贝尔奖 |
[00:35] | You come up with your own idea. | 你们自己提出自己的理论 |
[00:37] | Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. | 那是不可能的 |
[00:42] | Have a seat, thanks for being here. | 请坐 感谢你们的到来 |
[00:42] | 美国知名主持人 风格温和欢乐 有无数女性粉丝 | |
[00:43] | I feel the same way about you. | 我也很喜欢你们 |
[00:45] | This is nice. | 真好啊 |
[00:46] | All my friends hanging out, watching Ellen. | 与所有好朋友们齐聚一堂 一起看《艾伦秀》 |
[00:49] | It’s like, what am I gonna do with my other two wishes? | 我都不知道该拿我另外两个愿望怎么办了 |
[00:53] | It’s not nice. She’s having on the scientists | 好个头啦 她的节目 |
[00:55] | who are trying to steal our Nobel Prize. | 请了想偷走我们诺贝尔奖的人去上 |
[00:58] | Although I will enjoy watching her expose Pemberton and Campbell | 不过我应该会挺享受她揭露他们两个 |
[01:01] | for the coattail-riding frauds that they are. | 只不过是拾人牙慧的骗子罢了 |
[01:03] | That is Ellen’s brand, gotcha journalism. | 是是是 揭露弊案可是艾伦的招牌呢 |
[01:07] | Yeah, you should’ve seen her take down | 你应该看看上周她凶残地 |
[01:08] | John Krasinski last week. | 拷问演员约翰·卡拉辛斯基 |
[01:09] | Got him to admit he loved his wife. It was brutal. | 让他在电视上承认深爱自己老婆 太血淋淋了 |
[01:13] | All right, our next guests | 好啦 我们接下来的来宾 |
[01:14] | are a couple of physicists– don’t turn the channel. | 是两位物理学家 先别转台 |
[01:17] | They’ve been doing some viral videos online | 他们最近在网上制作几支热门视频 |
[01:19] | about what it’s like to be in the running for a Nobel Prize. | 让大家知道角逐诺贝尔奖的过程是如何的 |
[01:22] | Please welcome Doctors Greg Pemberton | 请欢迎格雷戈·彭伯顿博士 |
[01:24] | and Kevin Campbell. | 以及凯文·坎贝尔博士 |
[01:29] | Why does she even want to have scientists on? | 她为什么会想要请物理学家上节目啊 |
[01:32] | Uh, silly question. Who else will give her audience | 什么傻问题 不然还有谁能给 |
[01:34] | causal explanations of natural phenomena? | 她的观众解释自然现象的因果呢 |
[01:37] | I love you, honey, but think. | 亲爱的 我爱你 但用脑嘛 |
[01:40] | So you guys have discovered | 所以你们两位发现了 |
[01:42] | something pretty amazing in the universe. | 一些挺厉害的宇宙事物 |
[01:44] | Obviously, I understand, uh, high-level physics | 不用说也知道我懂这些高等物理学 |
[01:47] | because I’m a comedian, but… | 毕竟我是个说单口喜剧的 但… |
[01:50] | …can you explain it to the audience? | 能请你们解释给观众听吗 |
[01:52] | Well, I don’t know, I’m not sure we’re even smart enough | 我说不准 我都不知道我们自己够不够聪明 |
[01:54] | to understand it. | 来理解这件事情 |
[01:58] | Look, look, the audience is laughing at them. It’s starting. | 你看你看 观众都在笑他 开始出现效果了 |
[02:00] | I hate to say it, Sheldon, but I think the audience likes them. | 谢尔顿 我很不想说出这话 但观众喜欢他们 |
[02:04] | Well, that will all change when Ellen asks them | 他们的观点马上会改变 等艾伦问他们 |
[02:06] | how super-asymmetry explains the cosmological excess of matter | 超不对称性怎么解释了为什么 |
[02:09] | over anti-matter and they panic, | 物质超过了反物质 他们就会手足无措 |
[02:11] | like Leonard trying to do a pull-up. | 像莱纳德试图做引体向上时一样 |
[02:14] | Hey, what’d I do? | 为什么说我 我做什么了 |
[02:15] | Not a pull-up. | 反正一下引体向上都没做成 |
[02:18] | People have been loving your videos, | 观众们很喜欢你们的影片 |
[02:20] | especially the-the songs that you’ve been posting. | 尤其是你们在上传的那些歌 |
[02:22] | – Oh, thanks. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[02:23] | Uh, this may be pushing it, but I have to ask. | 这可能有点强人所难 但我还是要问 |
[02:25] | Would you mind singing one of those for us right now? | 你们愿意现在为我们现场唱一首吗 |
[02:28] | – Oh, why not? – All right. | -好啦好啦 -来吧 |
[02:30] | Come on, Ellen, they’re right there. Go for the jugular. | 拜托 艾伦 猎物就在面前 咬开他们颈动脉 |
[02:34] | ♪ Let’s get physicist, physicist ♪ | ♪ 我想要物理学家 物理学家 ♪ |
[02:38] | ♪ I want to get physicist ♪ | ♪ 我想进入物理学家 ♪ |
[02:41] | ♪ Let’s get into physicist ♪ | ♪ 进入物理学家吧 ♪ |
[02:43] | ♪ Let me hear your boson talk ♪ | ♪ 让我听到你玻色子的声音 ♪ |
[02:46] | Come on, Ellen. | 一起来 艾伦 |
[02:47] | ♪ Let me hear your boson talk… ♪ | ♪ 让我听到你玻色子的声音 ♪ |
[03:18] | Dr. Pemberton. | 彭伯顿博士 |
[03:20] | Dr. Campbell. | 坎贝尔博士 |
[03:21] | Doctors Pemberton and Campbell. | 彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士 |
[03:25] | Morning, buddy. | 早安啊 兄弟 |
[03:26] | I am not your buddy. | 我才不是你兄弟 |
[03:27] | – What’s wrong? – I’ll tell you what’s wrong. | -有问题吗 -我告诉你哪里有问题 |
[03:29] | You went on TV and were charming. | 你们上电视了 还很讨喜 |
[03:32] | Thanks, man. That’s what my mom said. | 谢了兄弟 我妈也这么说 |
[03:35] | W-Why don’t you come in | 要不要先进来坐 |
[03:36] | – and have some parfait? – Yeah, | -然后吃一点芭菲 -对啊 |
[03:37] | we ordered it from room service; it cost, like, 12 bucks. | 我们客房服务叫的 一份要12块呢 |
[03:40] | It’s just yogurt in a glass. | 就是用杯子装的酸奶罢了 |
[03:43] | I don’t want your yogurt. | 我才不要吃你们的酸奶 |
[03:45] | Then what do you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[03:46] | I want you to hold a press conference | 我想要你们开一场记者会 |
[03:48] | where you admit that you blindly stumbled into super-asymmetry | 承认瞎猫碰到死耗子 蹭到我们的超不对称性 |
[03:50] | and it was really our discovery. | 这其实是我们的发现 |
[03:54] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[03:56] | You know, just because we proved something by accident | 虽然我们是意外证明了某个东西 |
[03:58] | doesn’t mean we didn’t prove it. | 但这并不代表我们没有证明它啊 |
[04:00] | Yeah, I wasn’t trying to prove that my wife was cheating on me | 我当时也没想证明我老婆偷汉子啊 |
[04:03] | when I came home early one Friday, | 结果某个周五回家早了 |
[04:04] | but I’m still sleeping on his couch. | 你看我到现在还睡在他家沙发上 |
[04:08] | I told you, you can do better than her. | 我跟你说了 你值得拥有更好的人 |
[04:10] | Thanks. It just hurts. | 谢谢 但心还是好伤 |
[04:11] | And when you win that Nobel Prize, she’s gonna realize | 等你赢了诺贝尔奖 她就会意识到 |
[04:14] | that she was wrong, you are not a fraud. | 自己是错的 你才不是什么骗子 |
[04:16] | She is not wrong. | 她才没错呢 |
[04:19] | Wow, I can’t believe you’re siding with Linda. | 真不敢相信你居然站琳达的队 |
[04:23] | Shame on you. | 鄙视你 |
[04:28] | Look at this. They posted another video. | 看看 他们又上传了新影片 |
[04:30] | It’s not even about science. | 连跟科学沾边都没有 |
[04:31] | They’re on a celebrity bus tour. | 他们去坐了名人豪宅游览车 |
[04:33] | Those are fun. I-I went on one | 那个很有趣呢 我也坐过一次 |
[04:35] | and saw Tom Hanks talking to his gardener. | 看到大明星汤姆·汉克斯跟他的园丁在说话 |
[04:37] | He’s even nice when you plant the wrong color azaleas. | 他园丁种错了杜鹃花的颜色 他都还是好和善 |
[04:42] | Those guys are good at self-promoting, so what? | 他们俩很会自吹自擂 那又如何 |
[04:44] | No one ever won a Nobel for being nice. | 又没有人是因为人好而得了诺贝尔奖 |
[04:46] | Yeah, but if they did, | 但如果人好可以得奖 |
[04:47] | do you know who would win one? | 你知道谁会赢奖吗 |
[04:49] | Are you gonna say Tom Hanks? | 你要说汤姆·汉克斯吗 |
[04:51] | He picked up a shovel and helped the guy replant. | 他捡起了一把铲子 陪园丁一起重新种呢 |
[04:56] | Dr. Cooper, | 库珀博士 |
[04:57] | there you are. I just wanted to tell you not to worry | 找到你了 我想告诉你不用担心 |
[04:59] | about this Pemberton and Campbell publicity blitz. | 彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士的网络造势战 |
[05:01] | Are you worried? | 那你担心吗 |
[05:02] | Not at all. | 完全不 |
[05:04] | Not even a little bit. | 一点都不紧张呢 |
[05:07] | Look, I-it doesn’t matter if they have popular support, | 听我说 大众支不支持他们根本无所谓 |
[05:11] | we’re gonna get the scientific community behind us. | 我们有科学界的支持就行了 |
[05:13] | He’s right, the Nobel Prize is about the work, | 对啊 诺贝尔奖重点在于成果 |
[05:16] | and as your fellow scientists, we support you and Amy. | 身为科学界的人士 我支持你与艾米 |
[05:18] | That’s great, Scooby Gang. | 很棒棒哦 史酷比帮 |
[05:21] | Now, the university is gonna host | 大学打算为你跟福勒博士 |
[05:23] | a reception for you and Dr. Fowler | 举办一场招待会 |
[05:25] | where we invite as many academic luminaries as we can, | 我们会尽力邀请学界的杰出人士参加 |
[05:29] | uh, give them a chance to meet you, hear about your work. | 给他们个机会跟你们见面 聊研究成果 |
[05:31] | Uh, that’s a great idea. | 这是个很棒的主意啊 |
[05:33] | Uh, yeah. Who needs to be likable | 谁需要被人喜爱呢 |
[05:34] | when you have Nobel Laureates campaigning for you? | 有诺贝尔获奖者团帮忙角逐才是最强的 |
[05:37] | Oh, yeah– wait a minute. | 对… 等一下 |
[05:37] | Do you not think we’re likable? | 你难道不觉得我们讨喜吗 |
[05:40] | That’s what’s great about you, | 你这点很棒 |
[05:42] | you never stop asking the tough questions. | 你永远不会不敢问刁钻的问题 |
[05:53] | Hey. Kids asleep? | 孩子们睡着了吗 |
[05:55] | Nope. I’ve been trying to get them down for hours. | 没呢 我试着哄他们睡觉几个小时了 |
[05:57] | Apparently, Halley’s afraid of the dark now | 貌似哈雷现在怕黑了 |
[05:59] | and I can’t turn on the night-light | 但我也不能开夜灯 |
[06:00] | ’cause it makes Michael cry. | 因为那会害麦克哭 |
[06:01] | Why doesn’t he like the night-light? | 他为什么不喜欢夜灯 |
[06:03] | Jot that down, we can ask him as soon as he learns to speak. | 你先记下来 等他会说话了我们去问他 |
[06:08] | We can also find out what’s so damn funny about birds. | 还能顺便问问鸟是他妈哪里好笑了 |
[06:14] | I’ll go talk to her. | 我去跟她谈谈 |
[06:16] | I don’t know why she’s suddenly so afraid of everything. | 我都不知道她怎么突然就什么东西都怕 |
[06:19] | Honey, remember, she’s my child, too. | 亲爱的 别忘了 她也是我的种啊 |
[06:27] | Hey, sweetie, | 亲爱的 |
[06:29] | I heard you were afraid of the dark. | 我听说你怕黑啊 |
[06:31] | I know someone else who was afraid of the dark once. | 我知道还有一个人以前也怕黑呢 |
[06:34] | Your daddy, when he was in space. | 就是你爸爸 那时候他在太空里 |
[06:38] | And just like you, I was wearing a full diaper. | 而且我当时也跟你一样穿着大尿布呢 |
[06:44] | Hey, good news. | 好消息 |
[06:45] | They’re inviting several Nobel Laureates to our reception. | 大学邀请了好几个诺贝尔得主来参加招待会 |
[06:48] | Oh, great, like who? | 太好了 都有谁 |
[06:51] | Makoto Kobayashi. | 小林诚 |
[06:52] | Da– ooh. | 唉… |
[06:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:56] | Well, I may have been less than kind to him | 他当年得诺奖时 |
[06:58] | about his Nobel Prize win. | 我对他可不算友好 |
[07:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:02] | I was jealous, angry and new to Twitter. | 我当时妒火中烧 又是个推特新手 |
[07:04] | It was a dangerous combination. | 两者相加的结果非常危险 |
[07:07] | Okay, so scratch Kobayashi. | 那就划去小林吧 |
[07:10] | George Smoot’s on here. | 还有乔治·斯穆特呢 |
[07:14] | We have a history. | 我们也有一段过节 |
[07:17] | Saul Perlmutter? | 索尔·珀尔马特 |
[07:21] | What about Kip Thorne? | 那基普·索恩呢 |
[07:23] | That was a misunderstanding. | 他那件事纯属误会 |
[07:25] | I didn’t know he was right behind me. | 我不知道他当时人就在我背后 |
[07:28] | So you’ve alienated everyone we need to help us? | 所以你和每个可以帮助我们的人都有矛盾 |
[07:32] | Well, Amy, if I had known that someday we’d need them, | 艾米 如果我预知有一天会需要他们的帮助 |
[07:34] | I would never have insulted them. | 我绝对不会去惹毛他们 |
[07:37] | Well, that doesn’t make it better. | 你说这话一点用也没有呀 |
[07:39] | Well, it’s also not true. | 而且这也不是我的真心话 |
[07:54] | Oh, that’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[07:56] | Did Halley draw that at preschool? | 是哈雷在托儿所画的吗 |
[08:01] | I drew it. | 是我画的 |
[08:02] | Well, good night. | 行了 晚安吧 |
[08:05] | It’s supposed to be an astronaut. | 我本来是想画个宇航员 |
[08:08] | And I’m supposed to be living on my own at this age, | 我本来到这个年纪也该自己独立生活了啊 |
[08:10] | but here we are. | 天不遂人愿啊 |
[08:14] | Halley was scared and Howard told her the sweetest story | 哈雷怕黑 霍华德讲了个关于他在太空时的 |
[08:17] | about when he was in space and I thought I could turn it | 温馨故事 我想我可以把这个故事 |
[08:20] | into a book for her and Michael. | 画成故事书送给她和麦克 |
[08:21] | Oh, well, I mean, I am an artist. | 我是个艺术家 |
[08:24] | Uh, I-if you want, I could do the drawings. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以帮你画 |
[08:26] | Really? That’d be amazing. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[08:28] | Yeah, it’d be fun. And a, | 这会很有趣的 同时 |
[08:30] | a nice change of pace from what I usually draw. | 也可以从我平时的作品中换个风格 |
[08:32] | What do you usually draw? | 你平时都画什么呀 |
[08:34] | Well, good night. | 行了 晚安吧 |
[08:41] | – Someone texting you? – Uh, no, | -有人发短信给你吗 -不 |
[08:42] | I just met my exercise goal for the day. | 我只是完成了今天的锻炼计划 |
[08:49] | By doing the dishes? | 洗个盘子就达标了吧 |
[08:50] | Hey, you have your goals, I have mine. | 你有你的目标 我也有我的 |
[08:55] | – Hello. – What are you two doing? | -你们好 -你们俩在干什么呢 |
[08:57] | Mm, just finishing a workout. | 刚锻炼完 |
[09:00] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[09:01] | Do you have any cookie dough? | 你们家有曲奇面团吗 |
[09:03] | Uh, I think so. Let me see. | 好像有 让我找找看 |
[09:06] | Yeah, we’ve got, uh, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin. | 我们有巧克力豆和燕麦葡萄干口味的 |
[09:10] | Oatmeal raisin? | 燕麦葡萄干 |
[09:12] | I know at least two things wrong with that cookie. | 我至少能指出这种曲奇的两个错误 |
[09:15] | It’s for the Nobel Laureates. | 这是要送给诺贝尔奖得主的 |
[09:17] | We need them on our side, but unfortunately, Sheldon… | 我们需要他们的支持 只可惜 谢尔顿… |
[09:20] | No. “Unfortunately, Sheldon…” that’s all you got to say. | 打住 “只可惜 谢尔顿”这句话已经不言自喻了 |
[09:24] | Well, that’s– so you need these people’s support | 你需要别人的支持 |
[09:26] | and you’re sending them baked goods? | 所以你要给他们送点心吗 |
[09:28] | Yeah, they’re pretty smart. | 他们这么聪明 |
[09:29] | Don’t you think they’re gonna realize it’s just a bribe? | 你不觉得他们会发现这是在行贿吗 |
[09:31] | No, you’d think, but sometimes brilliant people | 不 你以为会被看破 可有时候 |
[09:33] | can be painfully oblivious to social cues. | 聪明人的社交技能白痴到令人发指的地步 |
[09:39] | Thank you for pointing that out, Sheldon. | 谢谢你指出这一点 谢尔顿 |
[09:43] | Anytime. | 不用谢 |
[09:50] | “Sheldon Cooper”? Hmm. | “谢尔顿·库珀” |
[09:57] | “Sheldon Cooper”? | “谢尔顿·库珀” |
[09:59] | Pass. | 算了吧 |
[10:02] | “Sheldon Cooper.” Aw. | “谢尔顿·库珀” |
[10:06] | Ugh, oatmeal raisin? | 恶心 燕麦葡萄干 |
[10:08] | Ugh. | 呕 |
[10:13] | Oh, it’s from Saul Perlmutter. | 是萨尔·波尔马特发来的 |
[10:16] | He sent me a picture. | 他发给我一张图片 |
[10:17] | Ooh, let me see. | 让我看看 |
[10:19] | Oh, he arranged the cookies to spell out “Thank you.” | 他用这些饼干拼出了”谢你” |
[10:24] | Sheldon, that word isn’t “Thank.” | 谢尔顿 那个艹字头的字不是”谢” |
[10:37] | Hi. I got you a surprise. | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[10:39] | What– Oh. What’s the occasion? | 今天这是什么好日子啊 |
[10:42] | I heard you tell Halley that story the other night, | 我听到你给哈雷讲的故事 |
[10:44] | and I thought it was so sweet | 我觉得太温馨了 |
[10:46] | that Stuart and I turned it into a book. | 所以斯图尔特和我把它做成了一本书 |
[10:50] | The Frightened Little Astronaut? | 《瑟瑟发抖的小宇航员》 |
[10:55] | That looks just like you. | 这画的太像你了 |
[10:58] | Look how tiny and scared you look. | 看看你身小胆更小的样子 |
[11:01] | And the best part is, | 最棒的地方是 |
[11:03] | Stuart showed it to a publisher friend of his, | 斯图尔特把它拿给一个出版界的朋友看了 |
[11:05] | and they’re interested in it. | 他们很感兴趣 |
[11:06] | – That is so cool. – Absolutely not. | -这太酷了 -才怪 |
[11:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:11] | Because I don’t want the whole world to know | 因为我不想让全世界都知道 |
[11:14] | I was the frightened little astronaut! | 我就是那个瑟瑟发抖的小宇航员 |
[11:20] | Maybe you should’ve called it The Bitchy Little Astronaut. | 也许你应该改名叫《贱脾气的小宇航员》 |
[11:27] | You want to tell me what’s going on? | 你想和我聊聊吗 |
[11:30] | Is my distress that obvious? | 我的痛苦有那么明显吗 |
[11:32] | Sheldon, please don’t take this the wrong way, | 谢尔顿 你不要误会 |
[11:34] | but when you’re quiet even for a second, | 但如果你沉默了哪怕一秒 |
[11:35] | something’s wrong. | 肯定哪里出了问题 |
[11:38] | Well, it’s true. | 你说得对 |
[11:40] | The fact is, I feel really bad for Amy. | 事实上 我觉得艾米好惨 |
[11:42] | Well, we all do. | 我们也都觉得她惨 |
[11:44] | But just for fun, why do you? | 我好奇问下 你是出于什么理由 |
[11:47] | Well, she didn’t do anything wrong, | 她什么事都没做错 |
[11:49] | but she’s paying for my mistakes. | 但她却在为我的错误买单 |
[11:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:54] | No– I’m just honestly impressed. | 不 我只是被你感动了 |
[11:56] | When did you start caring about other people’s feelings? | 你什么时候开始关心别人的感受了 |
[12:00] | Well, I laughed when Amy got a shock from | 上次艾米被坏掉的圣诞树彩灯电到时 |
[12:02] | the broken Christmas tree lights, so it was after that. | 我还哈哈大笑 所以应该是在那之后的事吧 |
[12:07] | So none of them are coming to the reception? | 所以他们全都不出席招待会吗 |
[12:10] | I don’t think so. | 我想不会了 |
[12:12] | Okay, what did he say that was so insulting? | 他到底说了什么伤人的话 |
[12:14] | Well, he may have suggested there was | 他也许指出了斯穆特的 |
[12:17] | an inelegance to the quadrupole normalization of Smoot’s data. | 四极正常化数据中有一个不好的地方 |
[12:22] | Damn. | 挖槽 |
[12:26] | See, sometimes I wish I could invent a time machine, | 有时候我真希望自己能造出一个时光机 |
[12:29] | so I could go back and prevent myself | 这样我就可以回到过去 |
[12:31] | from acting so rashly. | 阻止自己不要冲动 |
[12:32] | Or moving forward, you could think before you speak. | 或者是汲取教训 以后说话之前先过过脑子 |
[12:37] | I suppose so. | 你说得对 |
[12:38] | But the time machine thing is probably more likely. | 但我看时光机还比较有可能实现 |
[12:43] | My problem is that I don’t always know | 可是我有时候无法意识到 |
[12:45] | when I’ve gone too far. | 我已经太出格了 |
[12:47] | Well, uh, if you like, I could try to help you out. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以帮你 |
[12:49] | You know, and maybe let you know if you’re crossing a line. | 让你知道你已经越界了 |
[12:53] | Oh, you mean, like, with a code word? | 你是指 约定一个暗号吗 |
[12:56] | Sure. How’s “Shut up”? | 好呀 闭嘴这个词如何 |
[13:00] | That’s perfect. People say it to me all the time, | 很好 大家经常都叫我闭嘴 |
[13:02] | no one will suspect. | 没人会听出来的 |
[13:06] | – Hey, got a minute? – Sure. What’s up? | -你有空吗 -有空 怎么了 |
[13:09] | Uh, Bernadette said | 伯纳黛特说 |
[13:11] | you weren’t crazy about the book. | 你不喜欢这本书 |
[13:13] | No. It’s great. | 书很好 |
[13:14] | I just don’t want anyone to ever see it | 我只是不想让任何人看到 |
[13:16] | or read it or know it exists. | 阅读或知道这本书的存在 |
[13:18] | But this could be really good for me, | 但这本书说不定会对我有帮助 |
[13:20] | you know? Finally get my artwork published. | 你懂吗 终于可以出版我的美术作品 |
[13:23] | And-and come on, it’s a, it’s a cute story. | 而且 这故事真的很可爱啊 |
[13:26] | Oh, easy for you to say. | 你说得轻巧 |
[13:27] | No one’s gonna think you’re a coward. | 没人会觉得你是个懦夫 |
[13:30] | Are you kidding? The other day | 你开玩笑吧 前几天 |
[13:31] | in the comic book store, a balloon popped and I threw up. | 漫画书店里一个气球爆炸了 我吓吐了 |
[13:37] | Can’t you just take my name off it? | 你就不能把我的名字去掉吗 |
[13:40] | No, uh, the only reason the publisher’s interested | 不能 出版商感兴趣的唯一原因就是 |
[13:43] | is ’cause a real astronaut wrote it. | 这书是一个真实的宇航员写的 |
[13:45] | Well, look, what if we made a few changes? | 如果我们稍微改动一下呢 |
[13:49] | Uh, sure, yes. | 当然可以 |
[13:50] | – What-what do you have in mind? – Well, nothing major. | -你有什么想法 -也不是什么大改变 |
[13:53] | But see here on the cover, where it says | 你看看封面 上面写着 |
[13:54] | frightened little, what if… I don’t know | “瑟瑟发抖的小” 要是就写 比如说 |
[13:56] | It didn’t say that. | 就不写这几个字 |
[14:00] | So, it would just be The Astronaut? | 那就只是《宇航员》了 |
[14:03] | Yeah, you’re right. That doesn’t quite pop. | 你说得对 这样就不吸引人了 |
[14:06] | What about… The Brave Astronaut? | 那就改成…《勇敢的宇航员》 |
[14:08] | See, that’s got some zip to it! | 看 这个名字就非常不错啊 |
[14:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:14] | And here on this page, where I’m crying. | 还有这一页 画着哭泣的我 |
[14:16] | What if, instead, I’m… punching a meteor | 不如改成 我在赤手空拳 |
[14:19] | into the sun with my bare fists? | 把一颗流星爆锤到太阳上 |
[14:23] | So you have superpowers? | 所以你有超能力了 |
[14:25] | I like the way you’re thinking. | 你这个主意我喜欢 |
[14:31] | Professor Thorne? | 索恩教授 |
[14:32] | Dr. Hofstadter. | 霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[14:33] | Uh, you know my wife, Penny. | 你认识我妻子的 佩妮 |
[14:35] | – Sure. Hi. – Hi. | -当然 你好 -你好 |
[14:37] | Uh, we wanted to talk to you about Dr. Cooper. | 我们想跟你谈谈库珀博士 |
[14:40] | Now, before you say no… | 在你说不之前 |
[14:41] | No. | 不 |
[14:44] | Well, then, after you say no. | 那在你说不之后 |
[14:45] | No. | 不 |
[14:48] | Okay, look, Sheldon’s a pain in the ass. | 听我说 谢尔顿很讨人厌 |
[14:49] | But Dr. Fowler’s really nice. | 但福勒博士人很好啊 |
[14:51] | So if you average them out– math… | 所以如果你取他俩平均值 数学 |
[14:55] | …you got someone who’s okay. | 就得出一个还行的人 |
[14:58] | But more than the person, the Nobel is about the work. | 但诺贝尔奖比起为人 更注重研究成果 |
[15:01] | You should understand that more than anyone. | 你应该比任何人都明白这一点 |
[15:02] | Yes, because of your work on gravitational waves. | 没错 因为你对引力波的研究 |
[15:05] | You know my work? | 你知道我的研究吗 |
[15:06] | I do. But I’m-I’m really hogging this conversation. | 当然 但我说个不停 其他人说不上话了 |
[15:08] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[15:10] | Just give them a chance. | 给他们次机会吧 |
[15:12] | Uh, science has a history of difficult people. | 科学史上有很多难搞的人 |
[15:15] | Look at, uh, Newton, who was a jerk to Leibniz, | 比如牛顿对莱布尼茨就很混蛋 |
[15:15] | 两人曾争夺”微积分之父”名号 彼时牛顿打压势单力薄的莱布尼茨 | |
[15:17] | and Leibniz, who was a jerk to everyone. | 而莱布尼茨 对所有人都很混蛋 |
[15:19] | Yeah, you know, and I don’t need to tell you | 是啊 而且不用我说你也知道 |
[15:21] | that gravitational waves are disturbances in the curvature of space-time. | 引力波是时空弯曲中的涟漪 |
[15:25] | Or that the– Hey, you worked on the movie Interstellar? | 又或是… 你居然参与制作了电影《星际穿越》 |
[15:34] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[15:36] | I think if you were in space | 我觉得如果你到太空 |
[15:37] | without a shirt on, you’d die. | 不穿衣服 你就会死翘翘 |
[15:42] | No, I am wearing a shirt. | 不 我有穿衣服 |
[15:44] | It’s just skintight, so you can see my pecs. | 不过是紧身衣 所以你能看见我的胸肌 |
[15:48] | When did you get pecs? | 你何时长的胸肌 |
[15:51] | Yesterday, when I made Stuart add them. | 昨天 在我叫斯图尔特加上去后就有了 |
[15:54] | Howie, what I liked about the other story | 华仔 我喜欢另一个故事 |
[15:56] | was that it was real. | 是因为它很真实 |
[15:57] | I mean, nothing in this actually happened to you. | 但这个故事完全没发生过在你身上 |
[16:00] | So, it’s a children’s book. | 那又怎样 这是给孩子看的 |
[16:02] | I mean, cats don’t wear hats. | 猫咪也不会真的戴帽子啊 |
[16:04] | And if someone gives you green eggs, | 如果有人给你发绿的鸡蛋 |
[16:06] | it ends with you on the toilet trying to make a deal with God. | 你只会坐在马桶上狂拉 求上帝跟你做交易 |
[16:11] | But the real story was so sweet. | 但那个真实的故事很动人 |
[16:13] | The little astronaut was afraid, | 小宇航员内心很害怕 |
[16:15] | but he still went to space, and that’s what made him brave. | 但他仍然上了太空 所以他才是勇敢的人 |
[16:18] | But in space, the other astronauts… | 但在太空 其他宇航员… |
[16:22] | made fun of him, and that’s a thing he doesn’t want to relive. | 取笑他 他不想再重温那种经历了 |
[16:27] | I get that. | 我能理解 |
[16:30] | I guess it would just take a really brave man | 毕竟得是有大勇气的人 |
[16:32] | to put an embarrassing story like that out into the world, | 才会愿意把这样的尴尬故事分享给世人 |
[16:35] | just so it might help some frightened children | 让内心有恐惧的孩子 |
[16:37] | not feel so alone. | 感到自己没那么孤单 |
[16:39] | Wow. That is quite the guilt trip. | 你真会让人产生罪恶感啊 |
[16:45] | Are you sure you’re not Jewish? | 你确定你不是犹太人吗 |
[16:51] | I’m just a wife that is so proud of her husband, | 我只是个很为自己丈夫骄傲的妻子 |
[16:53] | and doesn’t think that he has anything | 而且我不认为他有什么 |
[16:55] | to be embarrassed about. | 好感到尴尬的 |
[16:58] | You’re sounding less and less Jewish. | 你的口气越来越不像犹太人了 |
[17:03] | Hey, we just heard that you’re the ones | 我们刚听说是你们 |
[17:04] | who convinced the Nobel Laureates to come. | 说服了这些诺贝尔获奖者出席 |
[17:07] | – Thank you. – You are welcome. | -谢谢你们 -不客气 |
[17:08] | You guys deserve this. | 这是你们应得的 |
[17:09] | Yeah, now get out of here, | 是啊 别站这儿了 |
[17:09] | go talk to some smart people. | 去找聪明人聊聊吧 |
[17:13] | – Wait a minute. – Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I forget | -等一下 -对了 抱歉 我有时忘记 |
[17:15] | you’re smart because you’re so sexy. | 你也很聪明 因为你太性感了 |
[17:18] | – I can see that. – Yeah. | -我能理解 -嗯 |
[17:21] | Dr. Cooper. Dr. Fowler. | 库珀博士 福勒博士 |
[17:22] | I was just telling Professor Arnold how you came up with | 我刚正跟阿诺德教授说你们是在婚礼上 |
[17:25] | super-asymmetry at your wedding. | 想出超不对称性理论的 |
[17:27] | It’s a wonderful story. | 这故事太棒了 |
[17:28] | Ha, it really is. | 确实是的 |
[17:30] | I wouldn’t say it was the highlight of the wedding, | 我不会说这是我们婚礼最精彩的部分 |
[17:32] | because I’ve been told not to | 因为有人叫我别这么说 |
[17:34] | for reasons I don’t fully understand. | 不过具体原因我不太理解 |
[17:36] | Uh, but what he does understand is how the universe works, | 但他很理解宇宙是如何运转的 |
[17:39] | and that’s what’s important. | 那才是重点 |
[17:40] | Not what comes out of his mouth. | 而不是他说出来的话 |
[17:47] | I haven’t been to a lot of parties like this, | 我没参加过很多这一类派对 |
[17:49] | but what does a physics rumble look like? | 不过物理界打群架是什么样子的啊 |
[17:53] | Kind of like angry chickens. | 有点像愤怒的小鸡 |
[17:55] | Or-or-or-or like, uh, when-when puppets fight. | 又或是 像布偶打架那样 |
[18:00] | Dr. Cooper, Dr. Fowler, good to see you. | 库珀博士 福勒博士 很高兴见到你们 |
[18:02] | What are you doing here? | 你们怎么会来这里 |
[18:03] | Professor Smoot invited us. | 斯穆特教授邀请我们的 |
[18:04] | We’re Facebook friends. Smooty! | 我们是脸书好友 阿特 |
[18:09] | Well, this is our reception, so go away. | 这是我们的招待会 你们快离开 |
[18:12] | Actually, Amy, | 其实 艾米 |
[18:13] | I think we should let them stay. | 我觉得我们应该让他们留下 |
[18:14] | Please, enjoy yourselves. | 二位玩得开心 |
[18:16] | Try some pigs in blankets. | 尝尝热狗面包卷[毯子们裹小猪们]吧 |
[18:18] | And yes, that is the plural. | 没错 复数形式是这样 |
[18:20] | Great. Thanks. | 好啊 谢谢 |
[18:23] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干吗 |
[18:24] | If they stay, everyone will see | 如果他们留下 所有人都会看到 |
[18:26] | that their grasp on super-asymmetry | 他们对于超不对称性的理解 |
[18:27] | is tenuous at best. | 顶多算是含糊 |
[18:29] | Oh. That’s clever. | 这招很机智 |
[18:31] | Yeah, I don’t just know the plurals of things, Amy. | 我可不只是很懂事物的复数形式 艾米 |
[18:35] | Is this gonna be a problem? | 他们来会不会有问题 |
[18:36] | Mm? No, no, no. We have a plan. | 不会 我们有个计划 |
[18:38] | Uh, Dr. Campbell and Pemberton, | 彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士 |
[18:40] | settle a bet for Dr. Fowler and me? | 我和福勒博士打了个赌 能否帮我们决断 |
[18:42] | We were just discussing, under what conditions | 我们刚才在讨论 在何种情况下 |
[18:44] | the radiative corrections to super-asymmetry | 超不对称性的辐射修正 |
[18:46] | could cause time variation of alpha E.M.? | 能引起阿尔法EM的时间变化 |
[18:49] | I say active galactic nuclei at cosmological distances | 我认为是位于宇宙学距离的活动星系核 |
[18:52] | show a part per million deviation. | 出现百万分之一偏差时 |
[18:54] | Dr. Cooper says | 但库珀博士认为 |
[18:55] | this has been disproven recently with quasar observations. | 最近的类星体观察结果已证明这理论有误 |
[18:59] | What do you think? | 你们觉得呢 |
[19:05] | I agree with you. | 我赞同你的观点 |
[19:09] | Good answer. | 好回答 |
[19:11] | Hey, uh, if we haven’t said it before, | 如果我们之前没说过 |
[19:12] | we just want to say… thank you. | 我们就想补说句 谢谢 |
[19:16] | Yeah. We couldn’t have proven super-asymmetry without you. | 对 没有你们 我们不可能证实超不对称性理论 |
[19:19] | Wait-wait. You all heard them say it. | 等等 你们都听见了 |
[19:20] | They didn’t do anything. | 他们什么都没干 |
[19:23] | – Sheldon. Shut up. – Yeah– Well, that’s rude. | -谢尔顿 闭嘴 -你真没礼貌 |
[19:25] | No. Shut up. | 不 闭嘴 |
[19:27] | Oh, the code word, thank you. | 原来是暗号 谢谢 |
[19:29] | You know, it’s strange. A few months ago, | 真的很奇怪 几个月前 |
[19:31] | nobody paid any attention to us, and now all of a sudden, | 完全没人注意我们 但忽然之间 |
[19:33] | we’re getting all these accolades. | 我们获得无数的赞誉 |
[19:34] | Yeah, have-have any of you ever felt like | 你们有没有曾经觉得 |
[19:36] | maybe you didn’t deserve it? | 或许自己不配得到这一切 |
[19:38] | Leonard, there’s something I need to say. | 莱纳德 我有话想说 |
[19:39] | – Shut up. – Okay. | -闭嘴 -好吧 |
[19:41] | It’s crazy. We conclusively proved super-asymmetry, | 太疯狂了 我们确切证实了超不对称性理论 |
[19:45] | and yet somehow we, we still feel like imposters. | 然而莫名地 仍觉得自己是冒名顶替者 |
[19:48] | There should be a term for that. | 应该有形容这种情况的词 |
[19:49] | Oh, for crying out loud, there is a term for that! | 我的老天 确实有个词能形容 |
[19:52] | It’s called “Imposter syndrome” | 就叫做”冒名顶替者综合征” |
[19:54] | and you don’t have it! | 但你们没得这种病 |
[19:55] | Because you can’t have it if you are imposters, | 因为如果真是冒名顶替者 就不会得这种病 |
[19:58] | and you are! | 而你们的确冒名顶替了 |
[19:59] | We’re the ones | 是我们 |
[20:00] | who discovered super-asymmetry! | 发现了超不对称性 |
[20:01] | So if anyone’s gonna feel like | 所以如果有谁觉得 |
[20:03] | they have imposter syndrome, | 自己得了冒名顶替者综合征 |
[20:04] | it’s us, because we’re not imposters! They are! | 那也是我们 因为我们不是冒名顶替者 他们才是 |
[20:07] | You’re imposters and you’re frauds! | 你们是冒名顶替者 也是骗子 |
[20:17] | – Is that what I would’ve sounded like? – Yeah. | -我如果发神经病 也是像这样吗 -对 |
[20:18] | Yikes! | 要命了 |
[20:27] | Once upon a time, there was a little astronaut | 从前 有一个小宇航员 |
[20:30] | who’s sitting in a rocket, waiting to go to space. | 他坐在火箭里 等着上太空 |
[20:34] | And while all the other astronauts laughed and joked, | 当其他宇航员谈笑风生时 |
[20:38] | he stayed quiet. Because he had a secret. | 他一声不响 因为他有个秘密 |
[20:41] | He was scared. | 他很害怕 |
[20:43] | And another secret, too. | 他还有一个秘密 |
[20:44] | He’s only pretending to be scared to trick the Alien King. | 那就是他只是假装害怕 使外星人之王上当 |
[20:51] | Howie. | 华仔 |
[20:53] | Fine. There was no alien. | 好吧 没有外星人 |
[20:59] | There was a bossy wife, though. We’ll get to her later. | 倒是有个霸道的妻子 迟点会讲到她 |