时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Oh, this is amazing. | 真是好啊 |
[00:07] | I wish I had a playhouse like this when I was a kid. | 我也希望我小时候能有这样的游戏房 |
[00:09] | Really? You never had a playhouse? | 真的假的 你小时候没有游戏房吗 |
[00:10] | No. I mean, my dad did buy the house next door | 没有啊 不过我爸爸把隔壁的房子给买了 |
[00:13] | for us to play in. | 让我们当游戏房 |
[00:15] | I’m gonna hook up the garden hose, so it has running water. | 我把花园水管接来吧 这样里面通水 |
[00:18] | Why does it need running water? | 游戏房要通水干什么啊 |
[00:20] | Same reason it’s got electricity: | 就跟为什么里面要通电一样 |
[00:22] | Bernadette and I both work, and we’re overcompensating. | 我跟妮妮都要工作 所以我们过分补偿孩子 |
[00:27] | This reminds me of a traditional Amish barn raising. | 这让我想起传统阿米什人的团建谷仓 |
[00:31] | With everyone pitching in. | 一家盖谷仓 全村来帮忙 |
[00:32] | How exactly are you pitching in? | 那请问您在帮什么忙呢 |
[00:35] | I don’t hear anyone else giving facts | 在场难道有其他人在分享 |
[00:37] | about traditional Amish barn raising. | 有关传统阿米什人团建谷仓的知识吗 |
[00:41] | The rest of us are pitching in with hammers and nails. | 我们其他人的帮忙是通过拿起锤子与钉子 |
[00:43] | Well, facts are my nails, and my voice is the hammer | 知识就是我的钉子 而我的声音就是锤子 |
[00:46] | which pounds them through the wood of your skull. | 我的声音锤把知识钉敲进你们的木板脑 |
[00:50] | Well, that is how it feels. | 听你说话的确是这感受呢 |
[00:53] | Hey, uh, can you pass me that drill? | 能把电钻递给我吗 |
[00:55] | Yeah, fun fact about Amish barn raising– | 分享一个阿米什人团建谷仓有趣知识 |
[00:57] | they don’t use any power tools. | 他们不使用任何电动工具 |
[00:58] | – Amy, make him stop. – No. | -艾米 快让他收了神通 -我不 |
[01:01] | If he tires himself out now, he’ll sleep better tonight. | 如果他现在就把精力耗光 晚上会睡比较熟 |
[01:05] | Hey, Howie, can you give me a hand? | 华仔 能进来帮我忙吗 |
[01:06] | I need to get some work done, | 我想完成一些工作 |
[01:07] | and the kids are climbing all over me. | 但孩子们一直在我身边闹腾 |
[01:10] | You know what? I’ll watch them. | 这样吧 我去看孩子 |
[01:11] | – You sure? – But I was just about to tell everyone | -你确定吗 -但我正要跟大家分享 |
[01:13] | why they’re called Pennsylvania Dutch | 阿米什人为何被称为”荷兰裔宾州人” |
[01:15] | when they really hail from Germany. | 而不是正确的”德裔宾州人” |
[01:18] | Yep. | 十分确定了 |
[01:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢你了 |
[01:21] | So, what do you think? Pretty cool, huh? | 你觉得怎么样 挺赞的吧 |
[01:24] | And when our kids outgrow it, | 等我们孩子长大用不上了 |
[01:25] | we can Airbnb it to other people’s babies. | 我们可以出租给别家婴儿当民宿 |
[01:29] | Funny. | 好笑好笑 |
[01:31] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[01:32] | Sorry, I haven’t had a second to myself. | 抱歉 前面一直忙得不可开交 |
[01:34] | So let me just go back inside, finish my report, | 先让我回屋 好好写完报告 |
[01:36] | brush my teeth, change out of my pajamas, make a sandwich, | 刷个牙 换下睡衣 做个三明治 |
[01:39] | and then I’ll come out here and laugh at your joke. | 然后我再出来笑你刚才说的笑话 |
[01:42] | Ooh. As long as you’re making sandwiches… | 我老婆子有要做三明治就行 |
[01:47] | You can laugh at that one later, too. | 这个笑话你也可以晚点再补笑 |
[01:51] | All right, I’ve kept you in suspense long enough. | 好的 我让你们期待公布答案够久了 |
[01:53] | “Dutch” is a bastardization of the word “Deutsch,” | “荷兰的”是”德意志”这词的变异 |
[01:56] | meaning German. | 而这词的意思是”德国人” |
[01:58] | What’s German for “annoying”? | 那德语的”烦人”怎么说 |
[02:00] | Nervig. Why do you ask? | “恼人” 你问这个干嘛 |
[02:33] | President Siebert, you wanted to see me? | 塞伯特校长 你要见我吗 |
[02:34] | Hey. There’s my guy! | 我找的好儿郎来啦 |
[02:38] | You sound like my wife | 你的语气听起来 |
[02:39] | just before she asked me to go to Coachella. | 好像想向我要求去科切拉音乐节的我老婆 |
[02:43] | No, this is gonna be way more fun than Coachella. | 不 我保证这比音乐节好玩多了 |
[02:45] | More fun than heatstroke? Good luck. | 比中暑更好玩吗 那你可要很”努力” |
[02:50] | So, there are some funds left in the general administrative grant, | 总务行政拨款的款项还有一些剩余 |
[02:53] | and I need somebody to decide how we should disburse them. | 我需要有一个人来帮我决定该如何分配 |
[02:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:58] | W-Wow, what an honor. Thank you. | 深感荣幸啊 谢谢校长 |
[02:59] | So how do I decide who gets the money? | 所以我该怎么决定将款项分配给谁呢 |
[03:02] | How do you decide anything? | 你平常怎么决定任何事情呢 |
[03:03] | Think about it with your brain, and then say it with your mouth. | 用你的脑子想 再用你的嘴说出口 |
[03:09] | Yeah, right, sure. | 懂了 没问题 |
[03:10] | Uh, so, after I decide, | 在我做了决定之后 |
[03:12] | do I then submit it to you for approval, or…? | 我是把决定送交您审核通过 还是… |
[03:14] | No. You decide, you approve, | 不用 你决定 你通过 |
[03:15] | and then you pride yourself on a job well done. | 然后你嘉勉自己做得棒棒哒 |
[03:17] | That’s a lot of responsibility. | 这责任十分重大啊 |
[03:19] | Well, if I didn’t think you were up to the task, | 如果不是觉得你能胜任这份工作 |
[03:21] | you wouldn’t have been fifth on my list. | 你也不会高居我名单上的第5人选了 |
[03:26] | Thank you. I-I’ll get started right away. | 谢谢 那我立刻开始着手 |
[03:28] | And I look forward to hearing nothing about it. | 我十分期待你绝对别来汇报 |
[03:31] | I will keep you posted. | 我绝对会向您报告进度 |
[03:35] | Hey, thank you guys again | 再次谢谢你们 |
[03:36] | – for helping out yesterday. – No problem. | -昨天来我家里帮忙 -小事情 |
[03:39] | – That was really fun. – It was fun. | -昨天很有意思啊 -是很好玩 |
[03:41] | But I am sore. | 但我好酸痛啊 |
[03:42] | You didn’t lift a finger. | 你昨天手指都没抬一下 |
[03:44] | No, but I narrated the entire event, | 是没有 但我为整个活动做了旁白 |
[03:46] | and I am paying for it today. | 而今天我就得忍受那酸痛 |
[03:49] | – Gentlemen. – Hey. | -朋友们 -你来啦 |
[03:51] | Leonard, do I detect a little swagger in your step? | 莱纳德 某人好像春风得意马蹄疾啊 |
[03:54] | Mm, possibly. | 可能吧 |
[03:55] | Well, stop. It doesn’t suit you. | 那你别这样了 完全不合你的范儿 |
[03:59] | What’s going on? | 是有什么好事 |
[04:00] | Well, Siebert put me in charge of handing out | 塞伯特让我负责管理 |
[04:02] | the last bit of the administrative funds, | 行政拨款的多余款项 |
[04:04] | and I have sole discretion. | 而且全凭我一人处置 |
[04:06] | Ooh! Looks like Christmas came early. | 看来今年要提早过圣诞节啦 |
[04:09] | First thing on my list is a golden umbrella, | 那我要先许愿来一把黄金雨伞 |
[04:10] | ’cause Leonard’s gonna make it rain! | 因为莱纳德要给我下金钱雨啦 |
[04:14] | Uh, hold on, I’m not just gonna hand out money. | 你别着急 我可不会随便就把款项给出去 |
[04:16] | There’s a procedure you need to follow. | 是得走程序的 |
[04:18] | I believe he’s referring | 我相信他言下之意 |
[04:19] | to the traditional “Kissing of the buttocks.” | 是指必须走传统的”溜须拍马”程序 |
[04:22] | Should we form a line, | 那我们是排队拍马屁 |
[04:23] | or just do it like we’re bobbing for apples? | 还是像玩咬苹果游戏一样围成一个圈 |
[04:26] | Cute, but President Siebert trusted me with this, | 想法不错 但塞伯特校长给我这份信任 |
[04:29] | and I’m taking it seriously. | 我也要认真看待来回报他 |
[04:30] | If you have a legitimate request, | 如果你们有合理正当的需求 |
[04:32] | you can submit it to me in writing, | 你们可以写一份报告给我 |
[04:33] | and I’ll evaluate it based on its merits. | 我会根据利弊来评估 |
[04:35] | Sure, sure. Is “jet ski” one word or two? | 行行行 请问水上摩托的”摩”字怎么写 |
[04:39] | Hofstadter! | 霍夫斯塔德兄 |
[04:42] | Heard Siebert put you in charge of the administrative fund. | 听说塞伯特让你负责管理了行政拨款 |
[04:44] | Can’t think of a better guy for the job. | 真是想不到比你更适合的人选了 |
[04:47] | I think he’s done this before. | 我看他应该是马屁老手了 |
[04:49] | Leonard, I know you and I have a… | 莱纳德 我知道咱俩之前 |
[04:51] | oh, troubled history, but I hope that when I make my request | 有过节 但我希望你审批我的申请时 |
[04:55] | you’ll give me a fair shot. | 不会公报私仇 |
[04:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:58] | See? That’s why I like about this guy: integrity. | 看到没 所以我才这么喜欢他 铁面无私 |
[05:01] | Bring it in! | 来抱一个 |
[05:05] | I just put something in your pocket. | 我在你口袋里放了点东西 |
[05:06] | It’s good at all El Pollo Locos. | 在所有的疯鸡墨西哥餐厅都能使用 |
[05:15] | Halley, leave your brother’s dirty diaper alone. | 哈雷 别碰你弟弟的粑粑尿片 |
[05:20] | Put that down. That is not a hat. | 放下来 那不是帽子 |
[05:22] | That is not a hat! Oh! | 那不是帽子 靠 |
[05:27] | Okay. Everybody in the sink. | 好了 大家都进水槽洗澡吧 |
[05:31] | Bad news, Howie. | 坏消息 华仔 |
[05:32] | I’m gonna be stuck at work for a while. | 我还得加会班 |
[05:38] | Oh, that’s terrible. Hang in there. | 太糟糕了 加油吧 |
[05:41] | I’ll be home as soon as I can. | 我一结束就回来 |
[05:48] | He deserves better. | 他值得有更好的老婆 |
[05:53] | No, I’m not going to reconsider. | 不 我不会再考虑的 |
[05:55] | Your request was denied. | 你的申请已经被否决了 |
[05:57] | I don’t care if it helps you think; | 我才不管那是否有助于你思考 |
[05:59] | you don’t need a koi pond in your office. | 你的办公室里不需要修个鲤鱼池 |
[06:03] | Well, you should have thought about that | 你买鲤鱼前就应该 |
[06:05] | before you bought the koi! | 想到这个问题 |
[06:08] | Wow. That was a little rough. | 哇 你可有点凶呀 |
[06:09] | Well, I have to be. | 我不得不凶 |
[06:10] | Everyone assumes I’m just gonna give them whatever they want. | 每个人都觉得我对他们会有求必应 |
[06:13] | Hmm. But you’re not, are you? | 但你不是那样的人 对吧 |
[06:17] | No, I’m not. | 没错 我不是 |
[06:19] | I mean, look at this. | 你看看这申请 |
[06:20] | An espresso machine? I don’t think so. Denied! | 意式咖啡机 想都别想 否了 |
[06:25] | Wow, I really like this side of you. | 我还挺喜欢你这一面的 |
[06:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:28] | Yeah, just so decisive. | 太杀伐果决了 |
[06:32] | Well, check this out. | 那你瞧好了 |
[06:33] | A standing desk. Denied! | 站立式办公桌 不行 |
[06:35] | Oh! | 哎呀 |
[06:41] | If you want to stand, | 如果你想站 |
[06:42] | do it on your own time, ’cause I’m the boss. | 自个儿找时间站去 我才是老大 |
[06:43] | Yeah, you are. | 百分百的老大 |
[06:46] | – Hello. – Hey. | -好呀 -嘿 |
[06:48] | Leonard, I just wanted to congratulate you on | 莱纳德 我正想来恭贺你 |
[06:50] | – how well you are managing this grant money. – What do you want? | -在处理拨款上做得不错 -你想要什么 |
[06:53] | Nothing. I just came by to pay you a compliment. | 什么都不要 我只是来表扬你一下 |
[06:55] | Nice try. The answer’s no. | 想得美 答案是不行 |
[06:58] | To what? I’m not asking you for anything. | 不行什么呀 我什么都没找你要 |
[07:00] | All I need for my job is right here. | 我工作所需的东西都在这里了 |
[07:02] | This is my office. Which makes for a great commute. | 这就是我的办公室 通勤特别方便 |
[07:05] | Home, work, home. | 家 工作 家 |
[07:07] | I’m still working– I’m just working from home. | 我一直在上班 不过是在家上班而已 |
[07:11] | You know, if it’s that easy, | 如果真的那么简单 |
[07:12] | then why does Leonard have to drive you to work every day? | 为什么莱纳德每天还得载你上班呢 |
[07:14] | Because I like the frozen yogurt machine in the cafeteria. | 因为我喜欢学校餐厅的冻酸奶机 |
[07:17] | Ooh, I suppose I could use a frozen yogurt machine… | 说到这里 我想我可能需要个冻酸奶机… |
[07:19] | Denied! | 否了 |
[07:24] | Oh, you should have seen him– denying things left and right. | 你真该看看他的样子 这个不行那个不准 |
[07:27] | It was so sexy. | 实在太性感了 |
[07:31] | ‘Course, I made a request he did not deny. | 当然 我提了一个他无法拒绝的要求 |
[07:35] | Uh-huh. | 嗯嗯 |
[07:37] | Are you listening to me? | 你到底听没听 |
[07:38] | Yeah, sure. You slept with your husband. | 听着呢 你和你老公滚床单了 |
[07:42] | What is going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[07:44] | It’s not a big thing. | 没什么大事 |
[07:47] | Have you ever told Leonard a little white lie? | 你有没有对莱纳德撒过善意的谎言 |
[07:49] | Mm. Well, he thinks I’ve seen | 他以为我看过 |
[07:52] | every one of the Star Wars movies, | 每一部《星球大战》的电影 |
[07:53] | but I’ve really only seen the one with the gold robot. | 但我只看过有金色机器人的那部 |
[08:00] | – That could be any of them. – Exactly. | -那可以指任何一部啊 -没错 |
[08:05] | I’ve been telling Howie that I’ve had to work late | 过去这几天我一直骗华仔 |
[08:07] | the past couple nights, but really, | 说自己要加班 但实际上 |
[08:08] | I’ve just been hiding out in Halley’s playhouse. | 我只是躲在哈雷的游戏房里面 |
[08:11] | Does that make me awful? | 我是不是很坏 |
[08:13] | Awful? No. | 坏 不至于 |
[08:14] | Uh, strange? Yes. | 奇怪 肯定的 |
[08:17] | Sad? A little, yes. | 可悲 有一点 |
[08:20] | It’s just that work’s been crazy, | 我最近工作特别忙 |
[08:21] | and the minute I get home, I have two kids hanging on me, | 可每次我一到家 两个孩子就缠着我 |
[08:23] | and sometimes I don’t want babies pulling my hair | 有时我不想要有孩子扯我头发 |
[08:25] | and pinching my belly fat. | 戳我肥肚皮 |
[08:28] | That’d be a good slogan for a condom company. | 这话太适合让套套公司当广告词了 |
[08:33] | I love my kids, but that hour to myself | 我爱我的孩子 但属于我自己的那个小时 |
[08:35] | just makes me feel human again. | 能让我重新找回做人的感觉 |
[08:37] | So, you go home and sit alone in a toy house in the backyard? | 所以 你就回家独自窝在后院的游戏房里吗 |
[08:43] | Yeah! | 没错 |
[08:49] | Oh, Dr. Hofstadter, did you have a chance | 霍夫斯塔德博士 你看过 |
[08:51] | – to look over my proposal? – I did, | -我的申请了吗 -我看了 |
[08:54] | and your research is fascinating. | 你的研究真是太有趣了 |
[08:55] | I had no idea that crows were that smart. | 我从不知道乌鸦有那么聪明 |
[08:57] | Do they really hold grudges? | 他们真的会记仇吗 |
[08:59] | They do. One of them escaped | 会的 一年前有一只乌鸦 |
[09:01] | from my behavioral study a year ago. | 从我的行为研究实验中逃脱了 |
[09:03] | I can’t prove it’s him, but something craps on my car every day. | 虽然没法证明是它 但有只鸟天天往我车上拉屎 |
[09:08] | Well, l-look, I only have enough money to fund one request, | 这笔钱只够资助一个申请 |
[09:11] | but your project is definitely in the running. | 但你的要求绝对名列前茅 |
[09:14] | Okay, but, uh, when do you think you might make a decision? | 好吧 不过你什么时候能做出决定呢 |
[09:17] | Because I have to upgrade their cages | 因为我必须在它们学会开锁之前 |
[09:19] | before they learn how to open the locks. | 升级它们的鸟笼 |
[09:22] | When I came in to my lab this morning, | 我今早到达实验室时 |
[09:24] | they suddenly got silent. | 它们突然就不叫了 |
[09:28] | I think they’re planning something. | 我想它们是在密谋什么 |
[09:32] | Um, soon. I’ve narrowed it down to three projects. | 很快就好 我把范围缩小到3个项目了 |
[09:34] | Ooh, is mine one of them? | 我的也在其中吗 |
[09:36] | Actually, yeah. | 在的 |
[09:37] | The software in the telescope room | 望远镜实验室的软件 |
[09:38] | hasn’t been upgraded in years, | 已经很多年没有更新 |
[09:40] | and it seems like it might be time. | 看起来也该换了 |
[09:41] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! | 哇 哇 哇 |
[09:44] | So you’re just gonna give the money to your friend? | 你这是要把钱送给你朋友吗 |
[09:46] | I smell a rat. | 我闻到了可疑[老鼠]的味道 |
[09:47] | I work with rats, too. | 我也研究老鼠 |
[09:48] | That might be me. | 你闻到的可能是我 |
[09:51] | I’m not just giving it to my friend, Barry. | 我不会随手就把资金给我的朋友 巴里 |
[09:53] | Your proposal is also in the mix. | 你的计划书也在考虑范围内 |
[09:55] | Wait, so those are the three? | 等等 最后三个候选人是他们吗 |
[09:56] | You’re not even considering mine? | 你都没考虑我的计划书吗 |
[09:58] | Why, because they’re PhDs and I’m just an engineer? | 只因为他们都是大博士 而我只是小工程师吗 |
[10:01] | No, because they wrote detailed proposals, | 不 是因为他们都写了详细的计划书 |
[10:03] | and you sent a YouTube clip of the guy from Jerry Maguire | 而你只是发了一段网上找的《甜心先生》片段 |
[10:06] | saying, “Show me the money!” | 内容是经典台词”让我赚大钱” |
[10:09] | All right, Hofstadter, | 好了 霍夫斯塔德 |
[10:10] | what’s it gonna be? | 到底给谁 |
[10:11] | Which project are you gonna pick? | 你要选哪个项目 |
[10:13] | Yeah, come on, Leonard. | 是啊 快决定 莱纳德 |
[10:14] | – Tell us now. – But, remember, | -现在就告诉我们 -但你记好了 |
[10:16] | crows aren’t the only ones who can hold a grudge. | 会记仇的可不只是乌鸦而已 |
[10:20] | Look, all three of your proposals have a lot of merit. | 你们三位的计划书都有很多可取之处 |
[10:23] | I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision. | 我就是想确保 我做出的是正确的选择 |
[10:26] | I can tell you’re stressed. | 我看得出来你压力很大 |
[10:27] | If it helps, I withdraw my proposal. | 如果能帮到你 我撤回我的计划书 |
[10:30] | It doesn’t help. | 并没帮到 |
[10:30] | Fine. Then I’m back in the mix. | 好吧 那我重新加入竞争 |
[10:31] | Show me the money! | 让我赚大钱 |
[10:35] | Okay, I-I just– | 好了 你们… |
[10:37] | I need everyone to back off. | 你们先退后别来烦我 |
[10:39] | I’m in charge here, and I’ll decide when I’m ready to decide. | 这事我说了算 等我想好了自然会做出决定 |
[10:42] | When will that be? | 究竟什么时候做嘛 |
[10:44] | A day, a week. I don’t know! | 一天 或一周之内 我不知道 |
[10:46] | – Where are you going? – I don’t know that either! | -你要去哪 -我也不知道 |
[11:00] | Someone’s making decisions. | 有人在做决定呢 |
[11:05] | I’m reviewing these proposals. | 我在重看这些计划书 |
[11:06] | Yeah. ‘Cause you’re the boss man, | 对 因为你是老大 |
[11:08] | telling people what’s what. | 所有人都听你的 |
[11:09] | I like it. | 老娘喜欢 |
[11:11] | It’s just so hard! | 可是真的好难 |
[11:13] | All-all three of these proposals have merit. | 这三份计划书各有千秋 |
[11:15] | How do I choose? | 我该怎么选择 |
[11:17] | Well, not with that voice. | 用这娘炮声音可选不了 |
[11:21] | There has got to be a right decision | 一定有基于实验证据做出的 |
[11:23] | based on empirical evidence. | 正确选择 |
[11:25] | Look, I made pros and cons lists, | 我做了利弊分析表 |
[11:27] | and then I came up with three different scoring systems | 然后我想出了三个不同的打分系统 |
[11:29] | to determine the best project. | 来决定哪个项目最优秀 |
[11:30] | I just don’t know what scoring system to use. | 我只是不知道该用哪个打分系统 |
[11:32] | So I’m working on a meta-scoring system | 于是我又用一个元打分系统 |
[11:34] | to score the scoring systems, | 来给各个打分系统打分 |
[11:36] | but the math is really complicated. | 但其中的数学太复杂了 |
[11:37] | You want me to walk you through it? | 你想听我详细解释吗 |
[11:41] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[11:49] | Turn that off. Are you trying to get us caught? | 把灯关掉 你想害我们被发现吗 |
[11:54] | So, I’ve narrowed it down to three worthwhile projects, | 我把范围缩小到三个有价值的项目 |
[11:58] | but I only have the money to fund one of them. | 但我的资金只够资助其中一个 |
[12:00] | Lucky for you, I have a solution. | 你很幸运 我有解决方法了 |
[12:03] | I can’t wait. | 等不及听你说了 |
[12:05] | You free up more money and I fund all of them. | 你放出更多资金 我把这三个项目都资助了 |
[12:08] | Mm, no. | 不行 |
[12:11] | Or– hear me out– | 又或者 听我说完 |
[12:14] | yes. | 行 |
[12:17] | That way, e-everybody’s happy. | 那样一来 大家都开心 |
[12:18] | You can’t make everybody happy. | 你没法让所有人都开心 |
[12:19] | – I think I can. – You can’t. | -我想我可以 -你做不到 |
[12:21] | – Well, actually… – You’re making me unhappy. | -事实上… -你现在就让我不开心了 |
[12:25] | Okay, what would you do? | 换你你会怎么处理 |
[12:26] | I’d find some sap and put him in charge | 我会找个倒霉鬼 让他去负责 |
[12:29] | so I wouldn’t have to be the bad guy. | 这样我就不用当坏人了 |
[12:33] | That’s a really good id– Oh. | 这主意真心机智… |
[12:44] | Whatcha doin’? | 你在干什么 |
[12:46] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[12:48] | I’ll ask again. | 我再问你一次 |
[12:49] | What-cha doin’? | 你 在干什么 |
[12:52] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[12:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:55] | You and Bernadette aren’t doing stuff without me? | 你跟伯纳黛特没有背着我偷偷做些什么 |
[12:57] | What? No! Why would you even say that? | 什么 才没有 你怎么会这么说 |
[13:00] | You know how your talent | 你知道自己喝酒很有天赋吗 |
[13:01] | is getting just drunk enough to have a good time | 既能醉到可以放松享乐 |
[13:04] | without being hungover the next day? | 又不会第二天有宿醉 |
[13:06] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[13:11] | Well, mine is knowing when I’m being excluded. | 而我的天赋就是能察觉到自己被排挤了 |
[13:14] | So spill. | 快老实招来 |
[13:15] | I’m-I’m just running some errands. | 我只是要去办事 |
[13:17] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[13:19] | – With a bag full of wine? – I… | -背着一袋子的酒去吗 -我… |
[13:22] | Got to stay hydrated. | 我得随时补充水分 |
[13:25] | Try again. | 再回答一次 |
[13:26] | Okay, look, I’m sorry. | 好了 对不起嘛 |
[13:27] | We did not mean to leave you out. | 我们不是故意不带你玩的 |
[13:29] | All right? Bernadette has been feeling fried at home, | 好吗 伯纳黛特被家里的事压得喘不过气 |
[13:31] | so we ended up hanging out in Halley’s playhouse. | 所以我们最后就跑到哈雷的游戏屋里聚 |
[13:35] | Like a secret club? | 像个秘密俱乐部那样吗 |
[13:37] | No! Just, like, a place to spend time | 不是 只是一个我们去杀时间 |
[13:40] | that we don’t tell anyone else about. | 又不告诉其他人的地方 |
[13:45] | And what would be a shorter way of saying that? | 那简单来说这就是什么 |
[13:49] | Secret club. | 秘密俱乐部 |
[13:52] | Well, you really hurt my feelings. | 你真的伤了我的心 |
[13:54] | What can I do to make it up to you? | 我能做什么来弥补你 |
[13:56] | I’m in a secret club! | 我加入秘密俱乐部啦 |
[13:58] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[14:01] | Is there some sort of humiliating initiation? | 有没有很羞辱人的入会仪式啊 |
[14:03] | ‘Cause I would literally do anything. | 因为我什么都愿意做 |
[14:13] | Leonard, you’ve been losing to me | 莱纳德 这么多年来 |
[14:14] | in three-dimensional chess for many years. | 你每次玩3D象棋都输给我 |
[14:17] | You know what would be neat? | 你知道什么会很酷吗 |
[14:18] | If this was some sort of long con | 就是这其实是你放长线钓大鱼 |
[14:21] | and one day you say, “Let’s make this interesting,” | 有一天你突然说 “我们把游戏变得有趣吧” |
[14:23] | put money on it, and reveal | 我们来赌钱 结果发现 |
[14:25] | that you actually know what you’re doing. | 你原来很擅长玩这个游戏 |
[14:32] | A very long con indeed. | 这线确实放得很长 |
[14:33] | Checkmate. | 将军 |
[14:36] | Sorry. I’m distracted. | 抱歉 我心里有点事 |
[14:37] | Ooh, aren’t you the hustler. | 你可真是布线能手呢 |
[14:41] | No matter who I give the funds to, | 不管我把款项给谁 |
[14:43] | someone is gonna be upset with me. | 都会有人生我的气 |
[14:44] | Do you really care if people are angry at you? | 你真的在乎别人生你的气吗 |
[14:46] | – Of course. – Interesting. | -当然了 -有意思 |
[14:48] | Why don’t you go to the store and get me some tapioca pudding | 那你快去商店 给我买木薯布丁回来 |
[14:51] | or I’m gonna be angry at you. | 不然人家要生你的气啦 |
[14:54] | No. | 不去 |
[14:55] | So it comes and goes? | 所以你这也没个准数 |
[14:59] | How do you not care what people think of you? | 你怎么能不在乎别人是怎么看你的呢 |
[15:01] | It’s easy. | 很简单 |
[15:01] | I mean, not “beating you at chess” easy, | 虽然没到”下象棋赢你”那么简单 |
[15:03] | but what is? | 但何事能简单过赢你呢 |
[15:07] | Wait, | 等等 |
[15:08] | you can make this decision. | 这个决定可以由你来做 |
[15:10] | You don’t care if you upset people. | 你不在乎会不会惹毛别人 |
[15:12] | You can pick for me. | 你可以替我选 |
[15:13] | I certainly could. | 我当然可以 |
[15:14] | – Oh, great. – But I won’t. | -太好了 -但我不会选的 |
[15:16] | I think this is a learning opportunity for you. | 我认为这是让你学习的好机会 |
[15:18] | Sheldon, come on. | 谢尔顿 不是吧 |
[15:19] | Oh, I’m sorry. Did I upset you? | 抱歉 我让你不开心了吗 |
[15:21] | – Yes. – Ask me how I feel about that. | -对 -问问我对此有什么感受 |
[15:27] | So where does Leonard think you are? | 莱纳德以为你现在在哪 |
[15:29] | Oh, I told him I was at yoga. | 我跟他说我去练瑜伽了 |
[15:31] | Well, you are stretching the truth. | 你确实是在”扭曲”真相 |
[15:34] | Yeah. Where does Sheldon think you are? | 是啦 那谢尔顿以为你在哪儿 |
[15:36] | Oh, Sheldon’s kind of like a dog– | 谢尔顿这点比较像狗狗 |
[15:38] | he doesn’t really think about me when I’m gone, | 我不在的时候他不会想我去哪里了 |
[15:39] | but he’s so happy when I show up. | 反正只要我一出现他就会超开心 |
[15:44] | Who wants an Easy-Bake quesadilla? | 谁想吃刚出简易烤炉的烤饼 |
[15:46] | Me! | 我 |
[15:48] | Ooh, hot. | 好烫 |
[15:50] | Shh. Thanks for letting me come over and hang. | 谢谢你让我过来玩 |
[15:52] | So Leonard still hasn’t made a decision yet? | 莱纳德还没做决定吗 |
[15:54] | No. | 没有 |
[15:54] | And I’ve really been laying on the guilt. | 但我一直在猛激发他的内疚感 |
[15:56] | Did you break out the sad eyes? | 使出你的悲伤双眼大法了吗 |
[15:58] | You mean these bad boys? | 你指的是这对宝贝儿吗 |
[16:03] | What do we do? | 我们怎么办 |
[16:04] | We’re just gonna have to wait till they go back inside. | 只能等到他们回屋里 |
[16:06] | Okay, okay. Can we very quietly | 好的 我们能不能非常安静地 |
[16:09] | open that second bottle of… | 打开第二瓶红… |
[16:12] | Hey, don’t freak out, | 你先别慌 |
[16:14] | but I think there’s someone in your playhouse. | 我觉得你家的游戏房里有人 |
[16:18] | Oh. Yeah, that’s just Bernadette. | 没事 只是伯纳黛特而已 |
[16:22] | She’s been hiding out in there all week. | 她已经在里面躲了一周了 |
[16:25] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[16:27] | I don’t know. | 说不好 |
[16:29] | She’s been a little overwhelmed at work. | 她工作压力挺大的 |
[16:31] | And, frankly, me and the kids are a lot. | 而且说实话 我和孩子们也让她很辛苦 |
[16:34] | She just… needs some downtime. | 她只是需要自己的时间静静 |
[16:36] | And you just pretend like you don’t know? | 你就假装你不知道吗 |
[16:39] | Sure. That’s how marriage works. | 当然 这就是婚姻成功的秘籍 |
[16:42] | Three years ago… | 三年前 |
[16:43] | I told her I got life insurance, | 我告诉她我买了人寿保险 |
[16:45] | and I totally didn’t. | 其实我根本没买 |
[16:49] | Someday, she’s gonna find out. I’m gonna say, | 总有一天她会发现 到时我就能说 |
[16:51] | “Ha-ha! I know you’ve been hiding in the playhouse.” | “别以为我不知道你在游戏房里躲过” |
[16:55] | Why don’t you just get the life insurance? | 你为什么就不把人寿保险买了呢 |
[16:58] | Whose side are you on? | 你到底是站哪边的 |
[17:02] | Can you hear what they’re saying? | 能听见他们在说什么吗 |
[17:03] | Shh, I’m trying. | 嘘 我听着呢 |
[17:07] | Sounds like Penny’s in there, too. | 看来佩妮也来了 |
[17:12] | Seriously, Leonard, you didn’t pick my project? | 你是认真的吗 莱纳德 居然不选我的项目 |
[17:14] | I’m sorry, Raj. | 对不起 拉杰 |
[17:16] | – Did you go with Crow Lady? – No. | -你选了乌鸦夫人 -没有 |
[17:18] | You gave the money to Kripke? | 你把钱给了克里普奇 |
[17:19] | I did not. | 并没有 |
[17:21] | Wait, I’m confused. | 等等 我不明白了 |
[17:22] | I thought there were only three projects in contention. | 我以为只有这三个项目待选了 |
[17:24] | There were. But, at the last minute, | 本来是的 但在最后的时刻 |
[17:26] | someone submitted an application | 有人提交了一份申请 |
[17:28] | for a pretty cool europium-doped laser, | 要采购特别酷的掺铕激光器 |
[17:30] | and they made a very compelling case. | 而且理由特别令人信服 |
[17:32] | What was the case? | 什么理由 |
[17:33] | Oh, that it was me and I wanted it. | 理由就是我 我想要 |
[17:38] | You-you can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[17:39] | You can’t just fund your own project. | 你不能只拨款给自己的项目 |
[17:40] | Uh, it turns out I can, and I did. | 可结果是我可以 就这么做了 |
[17:44] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[17:45] | What about not wanting everybody to be mad at you? | 你不是不愿意让别人生你的气吗 |
[17:47] | Well, I realized that, no matter what decision I made, | 我意识到 无论做什么决定 |
[17:50] | people were gonna be mad at me. | 都会有人生我的气 |
[17:51] | And this way, I get a laser. | 而这样 起码我还能得个激光器 |
[17:54] | That is the most selfish thing you’ve ever done. | 这是你做过最自私的事了 |
[17:57] | I’m proud of you. | 为你骄傲 |
[17:59] | – And I don’t care. – Yes, you do. | -我不在乎 -不 你在乎 |
[18:01] | Yeah, I do. | 是啦 我在乎 |
[18:09] | The europium laser is so cool. | 这个掺铕激光器太酷了 |
[18:11] | It has a four-level f-f transition | 有4级f-f变换 |
[18:13] | which provides for high power output, | 支持高功率输出 |
[18:15] | and its quantum efficiency is off the charts. | 量子效率简直突破天际 |
[18:18] | What are you going to use it for? | 你准备用它做什么 |
[18:19] | I have no idea. | 完全不知道 |
[18:25] | Leonard, | 莱纳德 |
[18:27] | there’s a crow on your roof. | 你的车顶有只乌鸦 |
[18:29] | I see it. | 我看见了 |
[18:31] | Is that one of Dr. Lee’s crows? | 是李博士的乌鸦吗 |
[18:34] | It has a tag on its leg. | 它腿上有标 |
[18:40] | Don’t make any sudden moves. | 千万别轻举妄动 |
[18:42] | Smart. Let’s stand perfectly still and… | 明智 我们一动不动地站着 然后… |
[18:44] | He’s the one you want! | 你们要找的是他 |