时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | What-what are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[00:06] | The light is red so I came to a stop. | 红灯了 所以我停下啊 |
[00:09] | You’re in a stolen cop car with a dead hooker in the trunk. | 你开着偷来的警车 后车厢还有死掉的妓女 |
[00:12] | You don’t have to obey traffic laws. | 你不必遵守交通规则吧 |
[00:16] | I know I don’t have to. | 我知道我不必 |
[00:18] | The fun is choosing to. | 但选择遵守才是乐趣所在啊 |
[00:22] | Hey. Missed you guys at the faculty mixer. | 你们没有来学院聚会啊 |
[00:25] | Ah, you should have been there; dessert was bananas. | 真应该来的 甜点简直香蕉你个芭乐赞 |
[00:28] | Sorry, that was misleading. The dessert was pie, | 抱歉 这话有点歧义 甜点是派 |
[00:30] | but the pie was bananas. | 这个派香蕉你个大西瓜赞 |
[00:33] | Actually, the pie was cherry, | 其实这个派是樱桃口味 |
[00:35] | but the taste of the pie was… bananas. | 但吃起来这美味简直香蕉你个大樱桃 |
[00:40] | Those mixers are such a waste of university money. | 这些聚会根本就是在浪费大学的钱 |
[00:44] | If they spent less money | 如果学校少把钱花在 |
[00:46] | on frivolous nonsense and more money on science, | 这些琐碎的狗屁上 多花钱在科学上 |
[00:48] | we’d all be better off. | 对大家都有好处 |
[00:49] | You’re a theoretical physicist. | 你就是个理论物理学家 |
[00:51] | What more do you need than an office and a whiteboard? | 除了一个办公室跟一张白板 你还需要什么 |
[00:54] | Someday, my new formulas on entropy decrease | 某一天 我的量子退相干导致熵减少的 |
[00:57] | due to quantum decoherence will need to be tested | 新公式将会需要测试 |
[01:00] | and that will require funding. | 到时候就会需要资金 |
[01:01] | Your theories are pretty abstract. | 你的理论都挺抽象的 |
[01:03] | I wouldn’t even know how to | 我都不知道该怎么 |
[01:04] | design an experiment to prove them. | 设计出证明它们的实验 |
[01:07] | Says the experimental physicist. | 某实验物理学家如是说 |
[01:11] | Well, I know a place the university can make some cuts. | 我知道大学可以从哪里削减支出了 |
[01:13] | Bye, Leonard. | 莱纳德 拜拜了您那 |
[01:15] | One second, one second. | 慢着 慢着 |
[01:16] | He’s got a point. | 他说的不无道理啊 |
[01:17] | In order to corroborate your string theory research, | 要想证实你的弦理论研究 |
[01:20] | you’d have to create a black hole. | 你就得制造出一个黑洞 |
[01:21] | Wouldn’t that destroy the Earth? | 那不会毁掉地球吗 |
[01:23] | Perhaps, but we’d all go to the grave knowing I was right. | 或许吧 但大家都可以知道我是对的再入土 |
[01:29] | I guess you could create a contained microscopic black hole. | 我想或许你可以制造个微型黑洞啊 |
[01:33] | Huh. Interesting. | 有意思 |
[01:36] | Welcome back, Leonard. | 欢迎回来 莱纳德 |
[01:39] | Sorry, you’re out. | 抱歉 你得卷铺盖了 |
[01:41] | What did I do? | 我做什么了 |
[01:43] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[02:12] | Ooh, this one’s pretty. | 这个好好看 |
[02:14] | Mm. My mother wouldn’t approve; | 我妈不会同意 |
[02:16] | shows too much clavicle. | 露太多锁骨了 |
[02:19] | She calls it “The bosom’s welcome mat.” | 她把锁骨称为”胸部的迎宾脚踏垫” |
[02:22] | I can’t wait to get drunk | 我真是等不及要喝醉 |
[02:23] | and pick a fight with her at your wedding. | 然后在婚礼上跟她起争执了 |
[02:27] | It’s just so hard to tell what will look good on me. | 真的好难知道到底哪件我穿起来会好看 |
[02:29] | No. This is just to give you ideas. | 不 这只是让你知道个方向 |
[02:31] | You know, do-do you want something simple and elegant? | 让你知道你是想要简单高雅款呢 |
[02:33] | I mean, do you want a train? | 你想要拖尾[火车]吗 |
[02:35] | Ooh, we’re talking about trains. | 大家在聊火车啊 |
[02:38] | Not the kind of trains you like. | 不是你喜欢的那种火车 |
[02:39] | Oh, I like all kinds of trains– steam, diesel, | 我喜欢所有火车啊 蒸汽火车 柴油火车 |
[02:42] | coal, elevated, bullet. | 煤炭火车 高架列车 子弹列车 |
[02:44] | I defy you to name a train that I don’t like. | 你有本事就说出个我不喜欢的火车 |
[02:47] | The kind on the back of a wedding dress? | 在婚纱后面的那种火车[拖尾] |
[02:49] | I did not see that coming. Good job. | 我完全没料到这个 你厉害 |
[02:52] | But while we’re on the subject of fashion, | 趁我们刚好在聊有关时尚的话题 |
[02:54] | I’m asking the university for some funding tomorrow. | 我明天想跟大学要研究资金 |
[02:57] | What should I wear? | 我应该穿什么 |
[02:58] | Mm. Well, I’ve got a push-up bra I can loan you | 我有一件聚拢提升型胸罩可以借你穿 |
[03:00] | that always gets me free drinks. | 它总能让我得到免费酒水 |
[03:03] | How much money are you asking for? | 你想要多少经费 |
[03:05] | $500 million. | 5亿 |
[03:09] | Then I’d go no bra. | 那我劝你直接不穿胸罩去吧 |
[03:12] | What do you need that kind of money for? | 你要这么大一笔钱干什么啊 |
[03:14] | I have figured out an experimental design | 我想出了一个实验设计 |
[03:16] | that may corroborate my latest thinking on string theory. | 可以证实我最新的弦理论想法 |
[03:19] | I just need 2,148 high-power lasers | 我只需要2148台大功率激光器 |
[03:23] | to compress 20 micrograms of gold into a small enough volume | 来把20微克的黄金压缩到足够小的质量 |
[03:26] | to make a microscopic black hole. | 从而创造出一个微型黑洞 |
[03:31] | Just nod. | 点头就好了 |
[03:34] | Sheldon, they’re not gonna give you half a billion dollars. | 谢尔顿 他们不会给你5亿的 |
[03:37] | I mean, they won’t even give me that much | 连我都要不到那么多 |
[03:38] | and I keep promising I can make people’s brains “grow younger.” | 我可是保证了我能让人的大脑”返老还童”呢 |
[03:44] | Can you? | 你能吗 |
[03:45] | No. Shh. | 不能 |
[03:48] | But I need it. It’s the only way to settle the contradictions | 但我需要啊 这是唯一有办法解决 |
[03:51] | between gravity and quantum mechanics. | 重力与量子力学间矛盾的方法了 |
[03:54] | Well, it’s too much money, you can’t ask for that all at once. | 这要求的款项太大笔了 你不能一次要这么多 |
[03:57] | Well, what if I ask for it in six easy installments | 那我让他们分6期付款如何 |
[03:59] | of $83,333,333.33? | 每次给8333万3333.33 |
[04:05] | Okay. What if you asked for $20 million? | 好吧 那你去要个2千万如何 |
[04:07] | I’m sorry, I’m trying to do science, | 抱歉 我是要做科学研究 |
[04:09] | not hire Lady Gaga to come to my birthday. | 不是要请嘎嘎小姐来我生日表演 |
[04:14] | Do you even know who Lady Gaga is? | 你知道人家嘎嘎小姐[歌手]是谁吗 |
[04:17] | Presumably, the wife of Lord Gaga. | 我推断她应该是嘎嘎先生的老婆 |
[04:23] | Sheldon, you know, Penny’s got a point. | 谢尔顿 其实佩妮说的有道理 |
[04:25] | Sometimes when you want something big from someone, | 有时候你想跟别人提一个大要求 |
[04:27] | you-you got to be careful not to scare them away, you know? | 你得小心别一下就把别人给吓跑 懂吗 |
[04:30] | You got to start small and-and build up slowly, | 你得小火开始 慢慢加料慢慢炖 |
[04:34] | even if it takes eight years. | 哪怕得炖他个足足八年 |
[04:39] | Eight long years. | 八个漫长的年头 |
[04:45] | That’s oddly specific. | 年数莫名精确啊 |
[04:49] | Have you ever done that? | 你做过这件事吗 |
[04:51] | Nope. | 没有 |
[04:59] | So with this level of high-power laser array, | 用这个程度的大功率激光器阵列 |
[05:02] | we would actually be able to solve | 我们终于可以有办法 |
[05:04] | the black hole information paradox once and for all. | 一劳永逸地解决黑洞信息悖论呢 |
[05:07] | That’s impressive, and how much funding were you looking for? | 非常出色 那你需要多少研究资金呢 |
[05:10] | $20 million. | 2千万 |
[05:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:13] | You think you can build that for $20 million? | 你觉得你用2千万就能造出来吗 |
[05:15] | Not a chance. | 下辈子吧 |
[05:18] | I’m sorry, then why are you asking me for it? | 抱歉 那你为什么跟我要这数目 |
[05:21] | Because once you’ve spent $20 million, | 因为一旦你已经花了2千万 |
[05:23] | you’re much more likely to give me an additional 50. | 你就很有可能再给我追加5千万 |
[05:26] | So actually, what you’re saying is with $70 million, | 所以其实你的意思是 只要有7千万 |
[05:29] | you can build this. | 你就能造出这个 |
[05:30] | I can see why you’d think that, but no. | 我能理解您为何这么想 但非也 |
[05:34] | You can’t go to the board of trustees | 你肯定不能去跟董事会的人说 |
[05:36] | and say you gave Sheldon Cooper $70 million | 你给了谢尔顿·库珀7千万美元 |
[05:38] | and have nothing to show for it. | 但什么能拿出来的成果都没有 |
[05:39] | No. The only way you’d be able to save face is to double down. | 不能 你唯一保留颜面的方法就是再加一倍 |
[05:43] | So 140? | 所以就是1亿4千万 |
[05:44] | And then double again. | 然后还得再加倍 |
[05:47] | 280? | 2亿8千万吗 |
[05:48] | And then– good news– not quite double again. | 然后有个好消息 再将近双倍一次 |
[05:53] | So, uh, what do you say? | 所以… 您怎么说 |
[05:55] | We have a deal? | 我们说好了吗 |
[05:58] | He said no? | 他拒绝了吗 |
[05:58] | No. That’s only a two letter word. | “不要”只有两个字 |
[06:01] | You’re gonna have to double down. | 你得再加倍 |
[06:05] | Well, I’m sorry, Sheldon, but this sort of thing happens. | 我也很遗憾 谢尔顿 但这种事常有 |
[06:07] | Higgs had to wait almost 50 years | 科学家希格斯等了足足50年 |
[06:09] | before they built a collider big enough to prove his theory. | 他们才终于建了一个大到足以证明他理论的对撞机 |
[06:12] | 50 years? | 50年吗 |
[06:14] | But I want to play with it now. | 但我现在就想玩到它 |
[06:17] | You just have to wait for science to catch up | 你得等等 等到科学够进步了 |
[06:19] | or technology to get cheaper. | 或者这科技技术变便宜了 |
[06:20] | Think about, uh, DVD players– | 你想想比如DVD播放器 |
[06:22] | they used to cost, like, a thousand dollars, | 以前一台要上千块钱 |
[06:24] | but just the other day I used one to smash a bug. | 但前几天我还用一台来砸扁虫子 |
[06:29] | Yeah, you-you just have to be patient. | 对 你得有耐心 |
[06:31] | But what if while I’m being patient, | 但要是我耐心等候时 |
[06:33] | someone more relentless than me | 有比我更死缠烂打的人 |
[06:35] | badgers their university into giving them money? | 逼得他们大学给他们拨款了呢 |
[06:38] | If there’s someone more relentless than you, | 如果有人比你更死缠烂打 |
[06:39] | I’d like to meet them. | 我还挺想会会他们 |
[06:43] | I would not. | 我不想 |
[06:45] | I’m not waiting for the university to come around. | 我不会坐等大学自己想通 |
[06:48] | I’ll find another way to raise the money. | 我会另找法子筹款 |
[06:50] | Ooh, if it’s one of those booths where we can throw a pie at you, | 如果是可以朝你丢派的那种出气小房间 |
[06:53] | I’m in for, like, 20 bucks. | 我愿意奉献20大洋 |
[06:56] | 40 bucks if I can throw a DVD player. | 如果我能朝你丢DVD机 我愿意出40 |
[07:02] | Would you like some champagne? | 二位想来杯香槟吗 |
[07:04] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:04] | – Thanks. – ?Sure. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[07:07] | This is nice. | 这挺不错的 |
[07:08] | What? Helping Amy find a dress or day drinking? | 你是指帮艾米选婚纱还是白天买醉 |
[07:12] | It’s just nice, okay? | 反正就是不错 问个屁 |
[07:15] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[07:17] | Amy, oh, my God. | 艾米 我的天啊 |
[07:19] | You look so beautiful. | 你看起来真美 |
[07:20] | I feel beautiful. | 我也觉得自己很美 |
[07:22] | And look, both clavicles. | 你们瞧 两边锁骨都露了 |
[07:23] | Take that, Mom. | 吃屎吧 老妈 |
[07:27] | You know what they say: | 你知道俗语说的好 |
[07:28] | if you got ’em, flaunt ’em. | 有料不秀 天诛地灭 |
[07:30] | Is it possible that the very first dress is the dress? | 有没可能第一条就是最好的选择 |
[07:34] | Oh, don’t be silly. | 说什么傻话 |
[07:35] | You can’t buy the first dress you try on. | 怎么能买你试穿的第一条裙子 |
[07:37] | That’d be like marrying the first guy that you… | 这就跟嫁给你第一个男… |
[07:41] | You can’t buy the first dress you try on. | 怎么能买你试穿的第一条裙子 |
[07:47] | Little finger sandwiches, too. This place is amazing. | 还有手指三明治 这地方棒极了 |
[07:49] | Interesting thing about finger sandwiches: | 手指三明治有意思的是 |
[07:51] | you put enough of them together, | 你把足够分量拼起来 |
[07:52] | you got a sandwich. | 就能得到一个完整的三明治 |
[07:56] | Uh, guys, we have a problem. | 姐妹们 有个问题 |
[07:58] | – Are you okay? ?- What’s wrong? | -你没事吧 -怎么了 |
[07:59] | I look amazing in all of these dresses! | 我穿所有婚纱都美爆了 |
[08:02] | Wow. Look at your waist. | 瞧瞧你的小蛮腰 |
[08:04] | Where you been hiding that thing? | 你之前都藏哪儿去了 |
[08:07] | Bernadette, stop. | 伯纳黛特别说啦 |
[08:09] | Penny, you say something nice now. | 佩妮 轮到你开始吹捧了 |
[08:13] | Boy, you know, when Sheldon sees you in that dress, | 天啊 谢尔顿看到你穿这条裙子后 |
[08:15] | he’s gonna want to methodically take it off, | 一定会想井然有序地把裙子脱掉 |
[08:17] | fold it up, carefully place it in a storage box, | 折好 小心放入储物盒 |
[08:20] | label it, and then ravish you. | 贴好标签 然后尽情蹂躏你 |
[08:23] | Should I try on some more? | 我要不要再试几条 |
[08:24] | Are you having fun? | 你享受这过程吗 |
[08:25] | Am I having fun being beautiful? | 我享受这美绝人寰的过程吗 |
[08:26] | Of course I am! | 老娘当然享受 |
[08:28] | Great. Keep going. | 太好了 继续 |
[08:31] | This is it. | 就是它了 |
[08:32] | This is the one. | 这就是命中注定的裙子 |
[08:41] | Do you love it? | 你们爱它吗 |
[08:43] | Do you? | 你爱吗 |
[08:46] | I do. | 我超爱啊 |
[08:49] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:52] | Also, wow. | 我也是 哇 |
[08:59] | – Hello, Leonard. ?- Hi. | -你好 莱纳德 -嘿 |
[09:00] | Are you doing anything? | 你在忙吗 |
[09:02] | No. I’m just sitting here at my desk | 没有 我就坐在书桌前 |
[09:04] | typing on my computer for nothing. | 无目的地敲打电脑键盘 |
[09:07] | That was my guess, but I didn’t want to assume. | 我就是这么想的 但我不想想当然 |
[09:11] | Can you help me shoot my Kickstarter video? | 你能帮我拍摄众筹网站的短片吗 |
[09:14] | Do you really think people are gonna give you | 你真觉得大家会给你 |
[09:15] | half a billion dollars? | 五亿美元吗 |
[09:17] | Of course not, but if I can raise enough seed money | 当然不是 但如果我能筹到足够的种子基金 |
[09:20] | to show that I’m serious, | 显示出我是认真的 |
[09:21] | I should be able to attract some major investors. | 应该就能吸引到一些大款投资人 |
[09:23] | And look at the cool incentives I’m offering. | 快看看我提供的超酷捐款福利 |
[09:28] | “For $50,000, I will examine your diet | “捐5万 我就帮你检查饮食情况 |
[09:31] | and create a customized bathroom schedule.” | 为你量身定制如厕时间表” |
[09:36] | That’s fitting– 50 grand down the toilet. | 挺合适的 5万丢进马桶冲走 |
[09:39] | Well, how about this? | 这个怎么样 |
[09:40] | For $100,000, I will design the flag | 捐10万 我就亲自为你家 |
[09:43] | of your house or apartment. | 设计一面旗帜 |
[09:44] | And for $1 million, | 还有 捐100万 |
[09:46] | I will come over and tell you what’s wrong with you. | 我就莅临你家告诉你 你有什么毛病 |
[09:51] | Aw, and all these years, I’ve been getting that for free. | 这么多年来 我都免费”享受”这待遇 |
[09:56] | Don’t be smug, Leonard. | 少自以为是了 莱纳德 |
[09:58] | That’s one of the things that’s wrong with you. | 这正是你其中一种毛病 |
[10:03] | Well, that was a successful trip. | 这趟行程收获颇丰 |
[10:05] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:06] | Amy found a dress that she liked. | 艾米找到了中意的裙子 |
[10:08] | She sure did. | 确实 |
[10:11] | She found a dress that looked like… | 她找到了一条看上去… |
[10:14] | like it made her happy. | 让她快乐的裙子 |
[10:18] | She-she did look happy. | 她确实看起来很快乐 |
[10:19] | I mean, her face was just glowing, so… | 她脸上洋溢着幸福的光彩 |
[10:23] | Yeah, we should make sure the photographer knows | 对 我们应该确保摄影师知道 |
[10:24] | to just really… get in there. | 拍的时候… 尽量特写脸 |
[10:31] | So we agree it’s awful? | 我们同意那裙子丑爆了对吧 |
[10:32] | That dress should be set on fire! | 那条裙子就该一把火给烧了 |
[10:37] | Should we say something? | 我们该说什么吗 |
[10:38] | No, we can’t. | 当然不能说 |
[10:39] | But don’t you think she brought us with her | 但她带我们一起去选裙子 |
[10:40] | ’cause she wants our honest opinion? | 不就是想听我们诚实的意见吗 |
[10:43] | No one wants that. | 没人想听真话 |
[10:45] | I do. | 我就想啊 |
[10:46] | No, ya don’t. | 你才不想 |
[10:50] | I don’t want her to look back | 我不想她难看 |
[10:51] | and think she made some awful mistake. | 觉得自己犯了大错 |
[10:53] | You mean like your dumb Cookie Monster tattoo? | 你是说像你那个蠢兮兮的曲奇怪兽纹身一样吗 |
[10:57] | See? Was that fun? | 看见没 这样好玩吗 |
[11:00] | Someone’s gonna say something. | 总会有人说难听话 |
[11:01] | It should be us now instead of everyone at her wedding. | 与其让她在婚礼上出丑 不如我们现在告诉她 |
[11:04] | Okay, but as long as we do it gently. | 好吧 但我们得委婉一点说 |
[11:06] | And together. | 还得一起说 |
[11:08] | Well, what about my dress? | 我的裙子怎么了 |
[11:10] | Don’t you like it? | 你们不喜欢吗 |
[11:13] | – I don’t. – ?It’s beautiful. | -我不喜欢 -裙子太美了 |
[11:26] | Hey, Stuart, I’d like to sell some comic books. | 斯图尔特 我想卖些漫画 |
[11:29] | Oh. Well, I know all about that. | 这我太了解了 |
[11:31] | Step one is flunk out of art school. | 第一步是从被踢出艺校开始 |
[11:35] | Well, why are you selling ’em? | 你为什么要卖漫画 |
[11:36] | The university is refusing to fund my experiment, | 大学拒绝给我的实验拨款 |
[11:39] | so I need to raise money and do it on my own. | 所以我需要筹钱自己做 |
[11:41] | Ah. How much do you need? | 你需要多少钱 |
[11:42] | For a start, I’m trying to raise $500,000. | 一开始我想先筹50万 |
[11:47] | Well, I hope you have that rare Superman | 那我希望你有那超稀有的 |
[11:49] | printed on the skin of actual Superman. | 印在真正超人皮肤上的《超人》 |
[11:54] | I know you’re making a joke, | 我知道你在开玩笑 |
[11:55] | but I really do have some valuable issues in here. | 但我真的有不少期值钱的漫画 |
[11:57] | And this is just the first box of many. | 这还只是第一盒 后面陆续还有 |
[11:59] | All right, let’s see what you got. | 好吧 看看你这儿有什么 |
[12:03] | Huh. Is this a complete run of Todd McFarlane’s Spawn? | 这是整套托德·麦克法兰的《再生侠》吗 |
[12:11] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:14] | Ooh, look at this. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[12:15] | Giant-Size X-Men number one, | 《巨大X战警》第一期 |
[12:18] | Len Wein’s relaunch of the franchise. | 当年莱恩·韦恩对《X战警》系列的承先启后之作 |
[12:21] | Yeah. I know what it is. I’m the one who bought it, | 我知道这是什么 是我亲手买来 |
[12:23] | bagged it, boarded it and taped it shut | 装入袋子 放好硬纸板 并用胶带封好的 |
[12:25] | while wearing white cotton gloves. | 而且全程戴着棉制白手套 |
[12:27] | Okay, well, you know, | 好吧 你知道的 |
[12:29] | I’m gonna have to open it to assess its condition. | 我需要打开看看它们是否完好 |
[12:32] | Just be gentle. | 温柔一点 |
[12:33] | It’s never felt the touch of a man before. | 它们从来没有被男人碰过 |
[12:38] | You don’t seem like you really want to sell these. | 感觉你并不愿意卖掉它们啊 |
[12:41] | Of course I don’t want to sell these. | 我当然不想卖 |
[12:43] | These are all important to me, | 它们是我的珍宝 |
[12:45] | but not as important as science, | 但还是比不上科学 |
[12:47] | and if this is the sacrifice I need to make, then so be it. | 若为科学故 珍宝亦可抛 |
[12:51] | Okay. Uh, why don’t you leave these here with me, | 好吧 那就把它们留在这儿 |
[12:53] | and I’ll-I’ll price ’em out for you. | 我帮你估个价 |
[12:55] | Is it okay if I stand here and watch? | 我能站在旁边看你弄吗 |
[12:58] | Sure. | 可以呀 |
[13:02] | If anyone asks, tell them I was brave. | 如果之后有人问起 就说我很勇敢 |
[13:08] | Hey, I can’t believe you just threw me under the bus. | 你刚才就这么把我出卖了吗 |
[13:10] | I know, right? That was crazy. | 对啊 超不敢相信吧 |
[13:11] | Well… | 你… |
[13:13] | Do you know how that makes me look? | 你这样害我成为什么人了啊 |
[13:15] | Uh, that’s an easy one– bad. ?Well… | 这个简单 坏人 |
[13:18] | Why didn’t you tell her that you didn’t like the dress, either? | 你为什么不告诉她你也不喜欢那裙子 |
[13:20] | I mean, what happened to our united front? | 说好的姐妹一条心呢 |
[13:21] | I’m sorry. Is this your first day being a girl? | 不好意思 你是第一天当女人吗 |
[13:32] | Ooh, did your mom pack your lunch? | 你妈给你做的午饭吗 |
[13:35] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[13:36] | Do you know how much it costs to pack a tuna fish sandwich | 你知道从德州连夜寄来干冰包装的 |
[13:38] | in dry ice and overnight it from Texas? | 金枪鱼三明治要多贵吗 |
[13:42] | Well, I do, and my mother says it’s too expensive. | 反正我知道 我妈说太贵了 |
[13:45] | I like tuna fish. | 我喜欢金枪鱼 |
[13:46] | Do you want it? I’ll sell it to you for $5,000. | 那你想吃不 5000块卖给你 |
[13:50] | How’s the fundraising going? | 你的募款进行得如何了 |
[13:51] | – Oh, that depends. Raj, was that a “Yes”? – ?No. | -看情况 拉杰 买吗 -不买 |
[13:53] | It’s going badly. | 进行得不顺 |
[13:56] | How much have you raised? | 你现在募到多少钱了 |
[13:57] | Well, with my Kickstarter campaign, | 众筹网的项目 |
[14:00] | selling my collectibles, and the money in my bank account, | 卖掉收藏品的收入 和我的银行余额 |
[14:02] | about $65,000. | 差不多6万5千元 |
[14:04] | Wow. That’s a lot. | 已经很多了 |
[14:06] | Yeah, not enough. | 还远远不够 |
[14:07] | It’s so frustrating that science should be held hostage | 真是闹心 科学竟然沦落为 |
[14:10] | to the almighty dollar. | 金钱的奴隶 |
[14:11] | Well, don’t give up. You’ll find that money somewhere. | 别放弃得太早 你总能找到钱的 |
[14:14] | – You really think so? ?- No, | -你真这么想吗 -才怪 |
[14:15] | but it’s good that he has a hobby. | 但他现在有了个爱好是好事 |
[14:18] | You ever thought of going to Vegas? | 你考虑过去维加斯吗 |
[14:20] | Can you be more specific? | 能说更详细点吗 |
[14:23] | Las Vegas? | 拉斯维加斯 |
[14:25] | Oh, you mean gambling. ? | 你是说赌博呀 |
[14:27] | Oh. Well, that’s not the worst idea. | 这个主意倒不坏 |
[14:29] | Um, it is the worst idea, and I’m including the year | 这是最坏的主意了 就连拉杰 |
[14:32] | that Raj wore nothing but tracksuits. | 曾经穿了一年运动服都比这个主意好 |
[14:37] | Ordinary people can’t beat a casino, | 普通人赢不了赌场 |
[14:39] | but mathematicians and scientists, | 但数学家和科学家 |
[14:41] | they do it all the time. | 常常是赌场赢家 |
[14:42] | Yeah, a group of students | 曾经有一群麻省理工的学生 |
[14:43] | from MIT took Las Vegas for millions, and that’s MIT. | 从赌城赢走了几千万 这还只是麻省理工呢 |
[14:48] | Howard went there. | 连霍华德都能读的学校 |
[14:51] | Come on, Sheldon. | 来吧 谢尔顿 |
[14:51] | I’ll give you a ride out to the desert right now. | 我立马就送你去沙漠 |
[14:54] | No one is going to Vegas. | 谁都不许去赌城 |
[14:55] | No, we weren’t gonna make it to Vegas. | 在到沙漠里的赌城前他就被我埋了 |
[15:03] | Hi. Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[15:04] | Depends. Is what I’m wearing okay, | 看情况 我穿这身还行吗 |
[15:07] | or should I go change first? | 是不是该去换身衣服呢 |
[15:09] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:11] | I never should have said I didn’t like your dress. | 我不应该说不喜欢你的裙子 |
[15:13] | It’s your wedding, and all that matters is | 那是你的婚礼 只要你觉得美丽 |
[15:15] | that you feel beautiful. | 就够了 |
[15:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:19] | So, are… are we good? | 那我们没事了吧 |
[15:20] | No, we’re not good. | 不 没事才怪 |
[15:22] | You ruined my dress. | 你毁了我的裙子 |
[15:23] | Well, why? I just said you should wear it. | 为什么 我都说了你可以穿 |
[15:25] | Well, I can’t wear it now. I mean, I know you hate it. | 我现在不能穿了 我知道你讨厌它 |
[15:28] | That’s all I’m gonna be thinking about. | 这件事永远环绕在我脑海了 |
[15:29] | No, I don’t hate it. | 不 我没有讨厌它 |
[15:31] | I asked if you liked it, and you said no. | 我问你喜欢吗 你说不 |
[15:34] | There is a lot of room between “don’t like” and “hate.” | 不喜欢和讨厌之间还差了千八百里呢 |
[15:37] | You know, it’s-it’s where you find rice pudding and jazz. | 米布丁与爵士乐就在这之间 |
[15:42] | Anyway, who cares what I think? | 再说 我的想法有啥所谓啊 |
[15:44] | I do. You’re the-the coolest, | 对我有所谓 因为你是我生命中 |
[15:47] | prettiest, best-dressed person in my life. | 最酷 最漂亮 最会打扮的人 |
[15:50] | Okay, that would be flattering, | 这话本来应该算夸到天上了 |
[15:52] | except I know all the people in your life. | 可惜我知道你身边都是些什么货色 |
[15:57] | Look, Amy, | 听我说 艾米 |
[15:57] | I don’t know what to say. I think I got stuck on the fact | 我不知道该说什么了 我可能是只想到 |
[16:00] | that it’s not a dress I would choose, but it shouldn’t be. | 我自己不会选那条裙子 但不该是这样 |
[16:03] | You know, it’s your dress. | 因为那是你的裙子 |
[16:05] | I mean, hey, would you marry Leonard? | 比如 你会嫁给莱纳德吗 |
[16:07] | Ew. | 恶 |
[16:10] | Okay, a simple “no” would have been fine, but… | 简单回答”不会”就可以了 |
[16:14] | you see my point. | 不过你懂我的意思吧 |
[16:16] | That we’re different people? | 我们不一样 |
[16:17] | Yes, and from now on, I am gonna remember | 没错 从现在开始 我要提醒自己 |
[16:20] | that this wedding is all about you. | 这场婚礼你才是主角 |
[16:23] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢 |
[16:25] | You’re a good maid of honor. | 你真是一个好伴娘 |
[16:30] | It’s Bernadette. Hello? | 博纳黛特打来了 喂 |
[16:32] | I feel bad about hanging Penny out to dry. | 我觉得让佩妮背黑锅 于心有愧 |
[16:34] | The truth is, I don’t like the dress, either. | 事实上 我也不喜欢那条裙子 |
[16:40] | Are you kidding me? | 你们在玩我吗 |
[16:41] | Now Bernadette doesn’t like the dress? | 现在博纳黛特也不喜欢那裙子吗 |
[16:43] | Oh, she is the worst. | 她最贱了 |
[16:50] | Anyone seen Sheldon? | 有人看到谢尔顿了吗 |
[16:51] | Last time I saw Sheldon was this morning. | 我最后一次看到他是今早 |
[16:53] | Careful. Don’t say his name a third time. | 小心 不要再念第三次他的名字了 |
[16:53] | 美国都市传说 在镜子前喊”血腥玛丽”这名字三次 就会把这个鬼给召唤来 | |
[16:57] | You don’t think he actually went to Las Vegas, do you? | 他不会真的去拉斯维加斯了吧 |
[17:02] | Five red. | 红色五号 |
[17:04] | This is it. | 时机已到 |
[17:07] | – Is everything okay, sir? ?- Oh. Hi. | -你还好吗 先生 -你好 |
[17:09] | It’s better than okay. | 不能再好了 |
[17:10] | I am a physicist, and I have been observing this wheel for hours | 我是个物理学家 我观察这个轮盘好久了 |
[17:14] | and running a chi-square analysis, | 并对它进行了卡方分析 |
[17:16] | which is how I know that the ball is far more likely | 发现这个球极有可能会掉在 |
[17:18] | to land on 32, 17 or five. | 32 17 和5的位置 |
[17:21] | So if you could hold off on replacing this wheel, | 希望您能暂时别更换轮盘 |
[17:23] | I’d like to make several large bets. | 我想要下几个大注了 |
[17:27] | Well, good for you. Pelican. | 好的 很好 鹈鹕 |
[17:30] | What’s pelican? | 鹈鹕是什么 |
[17:31] | Sir, would you come with us? ? | 先生 请跟我们来 |
[17:32] | Oh, no. I have to place my bet first. This is for science. | 不 我还没下注呢 我这是为了科学 |
[17:35] | – 17 black. – No! No! | -黑色17号 – 不 别啊 |
[17:45] | Oh, guess who’s no longer allowed to set foot in…? | 猜猜谁终生不得再次踏入… |
[17:53] | You look beautiful. | 你好美 |
[17:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:59] | ‘Cause I was gonna return it. | 因为我正打算退掉它 |
[18:01] | Why would you return it? | 为什么要退呢 |
[18:04] | You look like a pile of swans. | 你看起来美若一群天鹅 |
[18:10] | I’m so glad you like it… | 你能喜欢 我好开心 |
[18:13] | because… it’s gonna be my wedding dress. | 因为…这就是我的婚纱 |
[18:18] | I can’t wait to marry you. | 我都等不及要娶你了 |
[18:24] | Why do you smell like smoke? | 你为什么一股烟味 |
[18:28] | I was in Vegas. | 我去维加斯了 |
[18:30] | Vegas? | 什么维加斯 |
[18:32] | I’m sorry. Las Vegas. | 抱歉 是拉斯维加斯 |