时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | But why do they still call Batman using the Bat-Signal? | 为什么这年代了召唤蝙蝠侠还用蝙蝠信号灯 |
[00:05] | Wouldn’t it just be, like, easier to text him? | 直接发条短信请他来不是更方便吗 |
[00:07] | The Bat-Signal isn’t just to alert Batman, | 蝙蝠信号灯不只是用来召唤蝙蝠侠 |
[00:09] | it’s also to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies | 还有震慑他敌人内心的功用 |
[00:12] | and let them know he’s coming. | 让他们知道蝙蝠侠要来了 |
[00:13] | Sort of like Sheldon’s knock. | 就像谢尔顿的三段敲门法 |
[00:16] | Comparing me to Batman? I’ll take it. | 嘲讽我跟蝙蝠侠类似吗 我接受 |
[00:20] | If we don’t do anything, | 如果我们不出手 |
[00:22] | how long do you think they’ll talk about Batman? | 你们觉得他们能聊多久的蝙蝠侠 |
[00:24] | Well, I’ve know them for 11 years, so… | 我认识他们已经有11年了 所以… |
[00:27] | 11 years. | 11年吧 |
[00:30] | I believe they do text him. | 我觉得他们也有给他发短信 |
[00:31] | The-the Bat-Signal is linked to his phone via Bluetooth. | 蝙蝠信号灯通过蓝牙连到他手机 |
[00:34] | Has that been in the comics? | 漫画里有画过吗 |
[00:35] | No, it’s just what I believe. | 没 我个人这么认为而已 |
[00:39] | All right, I’m putting a stop to this. | 够了 我要让他们停下 |
[00:40] | If you knew how, why’d you wait 11 years? | 你如果知道办法 你为什么还等了11年啊 |
[00:44] | Hey, guys, guess what? | 各位 告诉你们 |
[00:46] | Today at work, I found out I am going to meet Bill Gates. | 我今天上班发现我要跟比尔·盖茨见面了 |
[00:50] | Sorry, Leonard, you and Penny had a good run. | 抱歉 莱纳德 你跟佩妮的缘分到此为止了 |
[00:56] | You sure? I-I bet his Internet’s really fast. | 你确定吗 我猜他家的网应该超快呢 |
[01:00] | How did this happen? | 你怎么会有此荣幸 |
[01:01] | Well, his foundation is looking to partner | 他的慈善基金会在寻找 |
[01:02] | I’m not leaving him for Bill Gates. | 我不会为了比尔·盖茨而甩了他 |
[01:03] | with a pharmaceutical company to help develop affordable vaccines | 制药公司来合作研发价格低廉的疫苗 |
[01:06] | so they asked me to show him around. | 所以公司让我带他转转 |
[01:08] | That’s great. When’s he coming? | 太好了 他什么时候来 |
[01:09] | Uh, he gets in on Sunday, and Monday morning, | 他大概周日 周一早晨到 |
[01:12] | I’m gonna give him a tour of the labs and offices. | 我会带他去看看实验室和办公区域 |
[01:14] | Oh. He gets in on Sunday, April first? | 他周日 也就是4月1号到吗 |
[01:19] | Nice try, Penny. | 想得美 佩妮 |
[01:22] | What’re you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[01:23] | April Fools’ Day. | 4月1日愚人节 |
[01:24] | This is another one of your classic pranks | 想必这又是另一个你年年 |
[01:26] | you try to pull on me every year. | 想愚弄我的恶作剧之一吧 |
[01:28] | Literally never pulled a prank on you. | 我从来没有对你恶作剧过啊 |
[01:31] | Oh, really? What about last year, | 是吗 那去年 |
[01:32] | when you sent me that e-mail with the photo attached, | 你给我发一封电邮写了照片请见附件 |
[01:34] | but you didn’t attach a photo. | 结果根本没附件 |
[01:37] | That was a mistake. | 那是我犯错了 |
[01:39] | Messing with me? Yes, it was. | 想耍我 你当然是犯了错 |
[01:42] | And this year, | 所以今年 |
[01:42] | I am not falling for it. | 我不会再上你的当 |
[01:44] | – Sheldon, I swear… – No… what are you doing? | -谢尔顿 我发誓… -别 你这是在干嘛 |
[01:46] | Oh, you’re right. He’s not coming. April fools. | 被你猜中了 他没有要来 愚人节 |
[01:50] | You know what they say, | 常言道 |
[01:51] | fool me “N” Times, | 耍我”N”次 |
[01:53] | where “N” equals the amount of times you’ve already fooled me, | “N”等于你已经耍到我的次数 |
[01:55] | shame on you. | 你傻逼 |
[01:56] | Fool me “N” plus one times, shame on me. | 耍我”N+1″次 我傻逼 |
[02:29] | So you’re gonna spend a day with Bill Gates. | 所以你要跟比尔·盖茨共处一天 |
[02:32] | I’m a little jealous. | 我有点小嫉妒啊 |
[02:33] | Well, I’m a little nervous. | 我还有点小紧张呢 |
[02:35] | You know, if I do a good job, I’m hoping they’ll consider me | 如果我这次做得好 我希望公司能考虑一下 |
[02:37] | for a PR position that’s opening up. | 最近刚空出来的公关职位 |
[02:39] | Well, if you’re nervous, I-I know a lot about him. | 如果你很紧张 我知道很多关于他的事 |
[02:41] | I can fill you in or maybe come along, whatever. | 我可以帮你补习 或者陪你一起 我都行 |
[02:46] | I think I’ll be okay. | 我觉得我没事的 |
[02:48] | Well, I’m-I’m just saying, what are you gonna do | 我举个例子 万一他想要 |
[02:50] | when he wants to talk about high-level language interpreters | 跟你聊微型计算机的 |
[02:52] | for microcomputers? | 高级语言翻译程序怎么办 |
[02:53] | What are high-level language interpreters for microcomputers? | 什么是微型计算机的高级语言翻译程序啊 |
[02:56] | A way of programming computers | 一种为电脑编程的方式 |
[02:58] | using words and commands instead of binary code. | 是用语言与指令而不是用二进制代码 |
[03:00] | Oh. That’s actually kind of interesting. Tell me more. | 这还挺有意思的呢 再跟我说说 |
[03:03] | Oh, well… | 其实嘛… |
[03:04] | That, I’ll do that. Mm-hmm. | 这样 我会用这招回他 |
[03:08] | – I didn’t even see it coming. – Yeah, well… | -我真是完全没料到啊 -是啊 |
[03:11] | You never do. | 你从来都没料到过 |
[03:12] | Well, I-it’s just, he’s an idol of mine | 只是… 只是他是我的一个偶像 |
[03:15] | and I would love the chance to hang out with him. | 我真的很想有机会跟他见见面 |
[03:18] | Look, I know you want to meet him, | 我知道你想见他 |
[03:19] | but I can’t turn this into a social thing, okay? | 但我不能把这事变成社交活动 好吗 |
[03:21] | This is my job. I really need it to go well. | 这是我的工作 我得确保这事办得妥当 |
[03:23] | I get it, I get it. You’re right. | 懂 我懂 你说得对 |
[03:26] | Actually, I’ve-I’ve already met him once before. | 其实 其实我以前已经见过他一次了啦 |
[03:28] | He gave a talk at Princeton and my mom took me. | 他在普林斯顿大学演讲 我妈带我去了 |
[03:30] | Oh, really? Was he nice? | 真的吗 他人好相处吗 |
[03:32] | He’s super nice. | 人超好 |
[03:33] | I-I got pretty emotional and started crying and… | 后来我太激动就开始哭了什么的… |
[03:37] | He didn’t make fun of me or anything. | 他也没有取笑我什么的 |
[03:40] | Well, you were a kid. | 你当时只是个孩子嘛 |
[03:47] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[03:51] | Bye, my babies, I love you. | 再见了 孩子们 我爱你们 |
[03:54] | We love you, too, Mommy. | 妈咪 我们也爱你 |
[03:57] | Yeah, don’t do that. | 下次不许再恶心我 |
[03:59] | Bernadette? | 伯纳黛特 |
[04:02] | – Hi. Where you off to? – El parque. | -你们要去哪里 -公园[西语] |
[04:05] | El parque? | 公园[西语]吗 |
[04:07] | I’m learning Spanish so I can talk to the other nannies. | 我在学西语 这样才能跟其他保姆聊天 |
[04:11] | How’s that going? | 学得如何 |
[04:13] | Bueno. | 好[西语] |
[04:15] | Good? | 好啊 |
[04:20] | No bueno. | 不 好[西语] |
[04:26] | – Thanks for coming over. – No problem. | -谢谢你来陪我 -小事 |
[04:28] | Can I get you anything? | 想喝什么吗 |
[04:30] | Juice box? ‘Naners? | 果汁 “蕉蕉” |
[04:32] | ‘Naners? | 什么是”蕉蕉” |
[04:33] | Sorry. Mom brain. | 抱歉 当妈的脑子 |
[04:35] | I think I’ve forgot how to talk to grown-ups. | 我都快忘了怎么跟成人说话了 |
[04:37] | I meant ba-naners. | 我是说香蕉蕉 |
[04:41] | You know what, I’m good. | 没事啦 不用了 |
[04:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:43] | So, what are we watching? | 我们看的这是什么 |
[04:45] | Bob the Builder. I’ll catch you up. | 《建筑师巴布》 我帮你补一下剧情 |
[04:47] | That one’s Bob. | 这位就是巴布 |
[04:50] | He’s a builder. | 他是个建筑师 |
[04:53] | Isn’t this a kids show? | 这不是儿童节目吗 |
[04:55] | It’s what we watch in this house. | 我们家里就看这个 |
[04:58] | Bob the Builder, Dinosaur Train, | 《建筑师巴布》《恐龙列车》 |
[05:00] | and Peppa Pig, which is both funny and meaningful. | 《小猪佩奇》 逗趣又意义深远 |
[05:06] | You want to take a break and maybe get something to eat? | 你要不要休息一下 一起去吃点东西 |
[05:08] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[05:12] | Why does it not feel like we’re going? | 怎么感觉不到有要出发的意思 |
[05:15] | Hang on, I-I just want to see if Bob can fix it. | 稍等 我看看巴布能不能修好 |
[05:19] | Yes, he can! | 是的 他可以 |
[05:26] | Oh, hey. | 你来啦 |
[05:26] | I folded your laundry for you. You’re welcome. | 我替你折好了衣服 不用谢 |
[05:30] | Uh, that’s not mine. | 那不是我的啊 |
[05:36] | You’re saying that these aren’t yours? | 你的意思是 这些不是你的 |
[05:43] | No. | 不是 |
[05:50] | So you’re saying that I’m touching | 所以你的意思是 我正摸着 |
[05:51] | a stranger’s underpants? | 陌生人的内裤 |
[05:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:04] | And just like that, it’s the worst day of my life. | 就这样 今天成了我人生最惨的一天 |
[06:08] | Wait, why are you being so weird? | 等等 你为什么要怪里怪气的 |
[06:11] | It occurred to me that perhaps you were telling the truth about Bill Gates | 因为我想到比尔·盖茨的事有可能是真的 |
[06:15] | and it wasn’t just part of an elaborate prank. | 而不是只是你精心铺垫的恶作剧一环 |
[06:18] | What would the prank part even be? | 恶作剧的部分会是什么啊 |
[06:20] | I show up to meet Bill Gates over your “objections,” | 我跑去见比尔·盖茨 尽管你说”不许来” |
[06:23] | but it’s not Bill Gates at all, no. | 结果到场了才发现不是比尔·盖茨 |
[06:25] | It’s one of those look-alikes that you hire for a party. | 是那种你聘请来派对的名人装扮者 |
[06:28] | And then when I go around | 而当我手里拿着 |
[06:29] | showing everybody the balloon animal | “比尔·盖茨”给我折的气球玩具 |
[06:30] | that “Bill Gates” made for me, I’ll look like an idiot. | 到处让别人看时 我就会像个智障 |
[06:35] | Have you been eating laundry detergent? | 你是不是偷偷喝洗衣液了 |
[06:39] | I just need you to tell me the truth. | 我只是想要你告诉我实话 |
[06:41] | This is driving me crazy. | 我快被逼疯了 |
[06:43] | Sheldon, he is really coming. | 谢尔顿 他真的会来 |
[06:45] | – Is he? – He is. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[06:46] | – Really? – Yeah. | -不骗我 -没骗你 |
[06:49] | Well, now I don’t know what to believe! | 这下我不知道该相信啥了 |
[06:54] | Thanks for getting me out of the house. | 谢谢你带我出来 |
[06:56] | I feel like my brain is turning to mush. | 我觉得我脑子都快变浆糊了 |
[06:58] | Happy to help. | 我很乐意帮你 |
[07:00] | Did I show you the video of the kids sitting? | 我有没有给你看孩子们坐着的视频呀 |
[07:02] | Yes, you texted it to me at 3:00 a.m. | 有 你半夜3点发给我了 |
[07:06] | Thought someone was either in jail or dead. | 还以为是谁被抓或者挂了呢 |
[07:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:11] | No, no, I-it gave me something to watch | 没事 至少让我在重新入睡时 |
[07:13] | while I tried to go back to sleep. | 有令我想睡的东西看 |
[07:17] | You know what? I don’t want to be one of those moms | 不行 我不要做那种 |
[07:18] | who can only talk about her kids. | 只会聊孩子的妈妈 |
[07:20] | Okay, well, I’m reading a pretty good book. | 好吧 我正在读一本挺有趣的书 |
[07:23] | It’s the untold story of female artists during the Renaissance. | 关于文艺复兴时期鲜为人知的女艺术家 |
[07:26] | Oh, I’m in the middle of a book, too. | 我也在读书 |
[07:28] | It’s three pages long and floats in the bath. | 它有三页长 可以飘在浴缸里 |
[07:33] | All right, we can talk about something else. | 我们也可以聊些其他的 |
[07:36] | It also quacks when you squeeze it. | 你一挤那书 它就呱呱叫 |
[07:37] | You should’ve seen Michael laugh. I think I have a video. | 迈克笑得可开心了 我这儿有视频 |
[07:42] | Or maybe we can’t. | 看来没法聊其他的了 |
[07:48] | Why is your screen name “John Williams”? | 你的网名怎么叫”约翰·威廉姆斯” |
[07:52] | Uh, because I always score. | 因为哥永远在得分[配乐] |
[07:57] | Hey, I think I’m gonna head to the office for a little bit. | 我要去一趟办公室 |
[08:00] | – On a Sunday? – Yeah. | -周日也去吗 -对呀 |
[08:01] | Want to make sure I’m prepared for tomorrow. | 我想为明天做好准备 |
[08:04] | Do you think you could get Bill Gates | 你能让比尔·盖茨帮我 |
[08:05] | to sign something for me? | 签个东西吗 |
[08:07] | Yeah, maybe, like what? | 好呀 签什么 |
[08:09] | Oh, my arm, my chest, his call. | 签我的手臂 我的胸膛 看他的意思吧 |
[08:12] | His call will be to the police. | 他只会有叫警察的意思 |
[08:16] | Penny, remember when I introduced you | 佩妮 还记得我向你推荐 |
[08:19] | to 100 calorie Dove bars | 只有100大卡的德芙巧克力条时 |
[08:21] | and you said you owed me, like, big-time? | 你说你欠我一个大人情吗 |
[08:24] | Guys, even if I wanted to introduce you, | 各位 就算我想要介绍你们 |
[08:26] | there is no room in his schedule. | 他的时间表也已经排满了 |
[08:27] | I mean, look. Look at this itinerary. | 真的 看看这个行程 |
[08:29] | I meet him at his hotel first thing tomorrow morning, | 明天一早我和他在酒店碰面 |
[08:31] | then we’re on the go all day long. | 然后我们一整天都要到处跑 |
[08:33] | You’re right. Guys, this is her job. | 你说得对 各位 这是她的工作 |
[08:35] | We need to respect that. | 我们不要给她添麻烦 |
[08:36] | – Thank you, honey. – Proud of you. | -谢了 宝贝 -为你骄傲哦 |
[08:38] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[08:43] | I totally just saw what hotel he’s staying at. | 我刚才看到他下榻的酒店名字了 |
[08:46] | What are we waiting here for? | 那我们还等什么呢 |
[08:48] | For Penny to walk down the stairs, | 等佩妮下完楼梯 |
[08:49] | get in her car, and drive away. | 上车离开啊 |
[08:52] | Right, smart. | 对 真聪明 |
[08:58] | – Is that long enough? – She’s pretty quick, let’s go. | -够了没 -她动作很快的 我们走 |
[09:10] | What would you do if you had a billion dollars? | 如果你有十亿美元 你要做什么 |
[09:13] | Same as Bill Gates, | 和比尔·盖茨一样 |
[09:14] | try to make the world a better place, | 让世界变得更好一些 |
[09:17] | but I’d do it in a working Iron Man suit. | 不过我要穿着功能完整的钢铁侠盔甲去做 |
[09:20] | I didn’t know that came in a boys’ medium. | 我不知道那身盔甲还有男童中码 |
[09:24] | Th-This is a bad idea. | 这是个馊主意 |
[09:26] | Maybe we should go. | 我们还是走吧 |
[09:27] | – What are you talking about? – I don’t know. | -你在说什么呢 -我不知道 |
[09:29] | I’m just feeling guilty, | 我觉得很有罪恶感 |
[09:30] | like I’m kind of sneaking around behind Penny’s back. | 就像我背着佩妮在搞鬼一样 |
[09:33] | We’re not doing anything wrong. | 我们又没做错事 |
[09:34] | We’re just hanging out in a hotel lobby. | 我们只是在一家酒店大厅闲逛 |
[09:36] | Plenty of people do that: | 好多人都这么做 |
[09:38] | businessmen, high-end prostitutes. | 商人啦 高级妓女呀 |
[09:45] | That’s a fun new game, | 这个新游戏很不错 |
[09:46] | CEO or Ho. | 猜猜是执行长还是妓女 |
[09:50] | No, this is wrong, let’s go. | 这是不对的 我们还是走吧 |
[09:53] | Guys, guys, that’s him. | 各位 各位 他来了 |
[09:54] | – Be cool. – Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | -冷静 -额滴神 额滴神 |
[09:57] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 额滴神 额滴神 |
[09:59] | – Cooler. – Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | -再冷静点 -额滴神 额滴神 |
[10:04] | Uh, M-Mr. Gates, I’m-I’m Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. | 盖茨先生 我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[10:07] | We’ve actually met before. | 我们之前见过 |
[10:09] | Sorry, I don’t remember. | 抱歉 我不记得了 |
[10:10] | You were so nice, a-and it was really special to me | 你人特别好 对我来说意义重大 |
[10:14] | because you’ve been such a big influence on my life. | 因为你一直是我的人生偶像 |
[10:17] | I mean, ever since I was a little kid, | 在我还小的时候 |
[10:18] | I’ve looked up to you like-like a hero. | 我就把你视为英雄 |
[10:20] | Oh, now I remember. | 现在我想起来了 |
[10:24] | Would you like a tissue? | 你需要纸巾吗 |
[10:26] | How about a hug? | 给我一个拥抱如何 |
[10:28] | How-how about a tissue? | 还是来张纸巾吧 |
[10:32] | Sorry I talked about my kids the whole time. | 抱歉我一直把孩子挂在嘴边 |
[10:35] | Oh, don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[10:37] | I mean, besides you cutting up my meat for me, | 除了你帮我把肉都切成小块以外 |
[10:39] | it was a lovely lunch. | 午饭还是吃得挺开心 |
[10:41] | God. What’s happening? | 天啊 这一切都是怎么了 |
[10:44] | I’m a smart, educated, successful… | 我是个聪明 受过高等教育 成功的… |
[10:48] | “Woman”? | “女性”吗 |
[10:49] | I was gonna get it. | 我只是卡壳了一下 |
[10:52] | Don’t be so hard on yourself. | 别对自己太苛刻了 |
[10:54] | Pregnancy and childbirth actually cause physical changes | 怀孕和生娃是真的会 |
[10:57] | to the structure of your brain. | 改变你的大脑结构 |
[10:59] | I liked the old structure of my brain. | 我喜欢我原来的大脑结构 |
[11:01] | But then, I liked a lot of my old structures. | 不过话说回来 我喜欢我原来所有的结构 |
[11:05] | Well, these are positive changes. | 这些都是正面的改变 |
[11:07] | Studies with rats show that new mothers | 对老鼠的研究表明 新妈妈对危险更敏感 |
[11:09] | are more sensitive to danger, better at multitasking | 更善于同时处理多项任务 |
[11:12] | and bolder in the pursuit of food. | 寻找食物时也更大胆 |
[11:15] | I did stick a couple lamp chops in my purse. | 我的确在皮包里塞了几块羊排 |
[11:20] | So that’s what I was smelling. | 我说怎么有味道呢 |
[11:24] | Look, even though your brain is different, | 听着 就算你的大脑发生了变化 |
[11:25] | in many ways, it’s better. | 从很多方面来说 都是好的 |
[11:28] | But were you bored? | 可你不会无聊吗 |
[11:29] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[11:30] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[11:32] | Which you can tell, because your maternal brain is better | 而你可以辨别 因为你的母性大脑 |
[11:35] | at sensing nonverbal cues. | 对非语言的暗示更敏感了 |
[11:38] | Now you’re just being condescending. | 你现在就是在口蜜腹剑了 |
[11:40] | Look at you, two for two. | 看看你 两次都猜对了 |
[11:48] | Uh, hold the door. | 留个门 |
[11:49] | Hold the door! | 留个门 |
[11:55] | Oh. Hi, Leonard. | 莱纳德 |
[11:58] | Didn’t you hear me yell “Hold the door”? | 你没听到我喊留个门吗 |
[12:00] | I did. But you know what they say, | 我听到了 但你知道大家怎么说的 |
[12:02] | “Hold the door, get robbed some more.” | “多留个门 被闯空门” |
[12:07] | No one says that. | 没有这种说法 |
[12:08] | Oh. Well, they should, | 那他们应该这么说 |
[12:09] | because it’s true, and it rhymes. | 因为这是真的 而且还押韵 |
[12:13] | So where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[12:15] | Actually, I met Bill Gates. | 其实呢 我见到了比尔·盖茨 |
[12:19] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[12:20] | You’re all in on it. | 你们都是一伙的 |
[12:21] | Uh, nice try. | 得了吧 |
[12:23] | It’s not an April Fools’ joke, Sheldon. | 这不是愚人节玩笑 谢尔顿 |
[12:25] | I actually went to a hotel and met him. | 我真的去酒店见到了他 |
[12:27] | Right, right. Okay, so, uh, | 行行行 |
[12:29] | “Bill Gates” was at the “Hotel” that you “went to.” | “比尔·盖茨”就在”你去”的那家”酒店”里 |
[12:35] | Why is “went to” in quotes? | 为什么”去”也要加引号 |
[12:38] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:38] | So “Bill Gates” was at the “Hotel” | “比尔·盖茨”就在你去的 |
[12:41] | that you went to. | 那家”酒店”里 |
[12:46] | That’s you and Bill Gates. | 这是你和比尔·盖茨 |
[12:47] | It is. | 没错 |
[12:49] | – Were you crying? – No. | -你这是哭了吗 -没有 |
[12:54] | So, | 所以 |
[12:54] | it wasn’t a joke, and I actually could’ve met him? | 这不是玩笑 我本来真有机会见他 |
[12:57] | Well, he’s probably still there. | 他应该还在那儿呢 |
[12:59] | What hotel? | 哪间酒店 |
[13:00] | The La Quinta Inn in Thousand Oaks, | 千橡市的拉昆塔酒店 |
[13:02] | under the name Hernandez. | 入住名是赫尔南德斯 |
[13:03] | Thank you, thank you so much! | 谢谢 太谢谢你了 |
[13:07] | April fools. | 愚人节快乐 |
[13:14] | Hey, where you been? | 你到哪儿去了 |
[13:15] | Uh, just hanging out with the guys. | 跟兄弟们一起玩 |
[13:17] | They still mad at me? | 他们还在生我的气吗 |
[13:18] | Uh, they were, but then I was like, “Hey,” | 本来还在生气 但我说”嘿” |
[13:21] | and they were like, “What?” And I was like, “You know,” | 他们说”啥” 我又说”你们知道的” |
[13:23] | and they were like, “Okay.” | 他们就说”好吧” |
[13:27] | You’re a good husband. | 你真是个好丈夫 |
[13:28] | Well, it’s not for me to say, but you just said it, | 这不是我说了算的 但你这么说了 |
[13:30] | so you’re probably right. | 所以你应该是对的吧 |
[13:32] | Well, as it turns out, | 原来 |
[13:33] | there is a little reception for Mr. Gates tomorrow night. | 明晚有一个为盖茨先生办的接待会 |
[13:36] | I asked if I could bring you, and they said yes. | 我问能不能带上你 他们说可以 |
[13:42] | What? | 什么 |
[13:44] | Yeah, you get to meet Bill Gates again. | 你又可以和比尔·盖茨见面了 |
[13:47] | Wait, what do you mean “again”? | 等等 你说”又见面”是什么意思 |
[13:49] | ‘Cause you met him that one time with your mom. | 因为你跟你妈之前见过他一次 |
[13:51] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:53] | And then again tomorrow, | 然后明天又见一次 |
[13:55] | for a total of two, and only two times. | 总共两次 只有这两次 |
[13:58] | Yeah. I wonder if he’ll remember you. | 对 不知道他记不记得你 |
[14:01] | Yeah, I wonder that, too. | 我也想知道 |
[14:06] | The sun is losing about | 太阳每秒 |
[14:07] | six times ten to the 12th grams per second, | 约减少6×10^12克 |
[14:11] | so the fraction of the mass it loses every year | 所以太阳每年减少的质量百分比 |
[14:13] | is about ten to the negative 13th. | 约为10^(-13) |
[14:16] | But don’t worry. | 不过别担心哦 |
[14:18] | It’ll be millions of years before we all freeze to death. | 还要几百万年后 我们才会通通冻死 |
[14:26] | Sweet dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[14:32] | Hop on Pop took a dark turn there at the end. | 《在爸爸身上蹦来跳去》结尾突然阴暗啊 |
[14:36] | Amy made me realize that new mothers are cognitively primed | 艾米让我意识到刚生产完的妈妈 |
[14:39] | to take in new information, and I’ve been wasting it | 吸收新知识的能力是最强的 而我却浪费在 |
[14:41] | making up songs about our babies’ toes. | 瞎编关于我们宝宝脚趾的歌曲上 |
[14:45] | To be fair, I cowrote “Pinky Toe, Pinky Toe.” | 说句公道话 《粉粉脚趾》我也参与写作了 |
[14:49] | Evolution gave me this mom brain to focus on the baby, | 进化论给了我妈妈大脑来专注于宝宝身上 |
[14:52] | but I figure I can hack it to learn all kinds of new things. | 但我觉得可以用来学习各种新知识 |
[14:55] | Well, that’s great. | 那好棒啊 |
[14:57] | Yeah. There was a problem, and I fixed it. | 没错 出了问题 我成功解决了 |
[14:59] | Like Bob the Builder in that giraffe cage. | 就像《建筑师巴布》在长颈鹿笼子里那次一样 |
[15:03] | Spoiler alert. | 不许剧透 |
[15:04] | I didn’t see that one yet. | 我还没看那集呢 |
[15:10] | So that’s fun. | 很开心啊 |
[15:11] | You get to meet Bill Gates again. | 你又能见到比尔·盖茨了 |
[15:13] | It’s not fun, I’m screwed. | 不开心 我死定了 |
[15:16] | It’s fun for us. ? | 我们看好戏看得很开心啊 |
[15:20] | Maybe he won’t remember you. | 也许他不记得你呢 |
[15:21] | I snotted on his tie. | 我的鼻涕沾到他领带上了 |
[15:25] | Yeah, you did, like, a lot. | 没错 沾了超多啊 |
[15:29] | Hello, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[15:30] | Thought I’d find you here. | 我想着你应该在这 |
[15:33] | You snake. | 你这毒蛇 |
[15:35] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:36] | He sent me all the way to Thousand Oaks to meet Bill Gates | 他让我大老远跑去千橡市见比尔·盖茨 |
[15:39] | when he knew full well he wasn’t staying there. | 然而他很清楚人家根本不住在那 |
[15:41] | Wha– Leonard, that’s terrible. | 莱纳德 那太过分了 |
[15:43] | Yeah, why would you do that? | 是啊 你干嘛这样 |
[15:44] | You know he’s staying at the DoubleTree in Long Beach. | 你明知道他住在长滩市的希尔顿逸林酒店 |
[15:51] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[15:53] | How do I know you’re not tricking me? | 我怎么知道你们不是在骗我 |
[15:55] | We probably are. | 我们很可能在说谎 |
[15:58] | But what if we’re not? | 但万一我们没说谎呢 |
[16:01] | You think you’re so smart. | 你们都觉得自己很机智对吧 |
[16:05] | You think I’m going to fall for it again, don’t you? | 你们觉得我会再上一次当 对吧 |
[16:09] | Well, I won’t. | 我才不会 |
[16:12] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[16:12] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[16:17] | Aw, are you sure you can’t come? | 你真的不能去吗 |
[16:21] | I want to, but I’m just too sick. | 我很想去 但我病得太严重了 |
[16:25] | And you really wanted to meet him. | 可你真的很想见他 |
[16:27] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[16:28] | And I’ve been trying to hide it so I could go, | 我一直试着隐瞒病情好去见他 |
[16:30] | but I don’t want to make him sick. | 但我不想传染给他 |
[16:31] | Yeah. | 是呢 |
[16:33] | Yeah, you do look pretty pale and clammy. | 你看起来确实挺苍白虚弱 |
[16:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:45] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[16:45] | Well, feel better, okay? | 你快点好起来 好吗 |
[16:54] | No, that’s just my regular pale and clammy. | 就只是我平常版的苍白病君子样啊 |
[17:00] | I mean, really, the bigger danger isn’t the loss of mass. | 真的 最大的危机不是质量减少 |
[17:03] | Instead, it will run out of hydrogen to use for nuclear fuel, | 而是太阳会耗尽用作核燃料的氢 |
[17:06] | swell up into a red giant, and fry the Earth. | 膨胀变成一个红巨星 把地球吞没 |
[17:10] | So you don’t want to split a salad? | 所以你不想分吃一份沙拉吗 |
[17:13] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[17:14] | But speaking of splitting things, | 说到分开 |
[17:15] | did you hear about the light-splitting greenhouse film | 你听说过能提高光合作用效率的 |
[17:17] | that could improve photosynthetic efficiency? | 分光温室棚膜吗 |
[17:20] | No. | 没有 |
[17:23] | Just a little something I read | 是我在给我制造的人类 |
[17:24] | while nursing a human being that I made. | 喂奶时读到的小知识 |
[17:29] | I’m just gonna get the chicken. | 我还是点鸡肉吧 |
[17:30] | Ah. N-E-K-C-I-H-C: chicken backwards. | “鸟又” 鸡反过来的写法 |
[17:33] | Boom, mom brain. | 屌炸 妈妈大脑 |
[17:37] | And a whole bottle of wine. | 再加一整瓶红酒 |
[17:43] | In your face! | 吃屎吧 |
[17:52] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:55] | Aw, hey, sweetie, how you feeling? | 亲爱的 你感觉怎么样 |
[17:57] | Okay. I’m just resting. | 还行 我在休息 |
[17:59] | Well, I have a surprise that might make you feel better. | 我有个惊喜也许能让你感觉好些 |
[18:02] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[18:03] | Yeah, look who’s here. | 嗯 看这是谁呀 |
[18:09] | Wait, I know you. | 等等 我认识你 |
[18:12] | No, you don’t. | 你不认识我 |
[18:15] | Yes, I do. | 我真的认识 |
[18:16] | You were waiting for me at my hotel. | 你之前在我酒店楼下等我 |
[18:19] | You ruined my tie. | 你毁了我的领带 |
[18:22] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[18:22] | What’s he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[18:24] | Uh, he, uh– obviously, he’s kidding. | 他很明显是在开玩笑啦 |
[18:28] | That’s a, that’s a good one, Bill. | 这笑话真逗 比尔 |
[18:29] | I got to go. | 我先挂了 |
[18:34] | Stupid Leonard, | 蠢人莱纳德 |
[18:36] | meeting stupid Bill Gates, | 见蠢人比尔·盖茨 |
[18:40] | without stupid me. | 不带上蠢蠢的我 |
[18:53] | I am so sorry– Sheldon? | 对不起…谢尔顿 |
[18:56] | Oh, Leonard, I can’t stay mad at you. | 莱纳德 我怎么忍心一直生你气 |
[18:59] | Come here. | 过来 |
[19:01] | Apology accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[19:03] | What’s for dinner? I’m starving. | 晚饭吃什么 我快饿死了 |
[19:15] | Hola. | “雷猴” |
[19:27] | How are you ladies doing? | 女士们好吗 |
[19:28] | Raise your hands if you’re bueno. | “猴”就举一下手啊 |
[19:43] | Me llamo Stuart Bloom. | 我系斯图尔特·布鲁姆呀 |